Windows Support Forum

wifi connection speed slow.

Q: wifi connection speed slow.

I have a Wireless N network card on my pc and i have a wireless N router (not N certified) and i'm getting a connection speed of 48.0 mbps. I believe this is slower than wireless G. My network card is Realtek RTL8190 wireless (came with my computer) and i have a Linksys WRT120N wireless N router. I found nothing when i Googled my network card and i found nothing about it other than drivers.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: wifi connection speed slow.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 70.95%

I have 8 mbps connection wifi. when I test with speedtest.net I get download speed of 1 mbps on my laptop.
but we have 2 android phones and we get around 9 mbps speed on both the phones.
I gone through forums but could not get solution.

attached is screenshot of Wi-Fi inspector. please help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-speed-on-laptop-in-wifi-while-good-speed-on-mobile-phones.1154826/
Relevancy 67.08%

Help gt My browser connection speed dropped to about kb second after a power outage I just did a full format of the drive and a clean install of XP Pro No Antivirus or Firewall loaded yet XP Firewall is not enabled HiJackThis looks ok Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP v WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system telnet exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag just fine speed Browser Telnet speed connection SLOW exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - Browser connection speed SLOW Telnet speed just fine - e e Browser connection speed SLOW Telnet speed just fine dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d Browser connection speed SLOW Telnet speed just fine -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe -- End of file - bytes Have any idea why my Telnet connection is fine yet my Browsers don t hook up at the same speed emetib nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/browser-connection-speed-slow-telnet-speed-just-fine.686662/
Relevancy 65.79%

Dell Inspiron 1545 w/ Vista
Using the Wifi connection to the internet (wireless) to building Wifi, the signal strength is strong but the speed is poor. My regular desktop shows speeds are fine (used in the same area). (Desktop >16Mbs...Laptop <1 to 4.5Mbs.

Dell help is non existent. Computer given to me by son of recently deceased friend,

Relevancy 64.93%

I have 135Mbps link speed support ADSL WI-FI router. I have enabled 802.11b+g+n wireless mode and use 20+40 MHz on my router. I use "WAP-PSK" authentication. In addition to that, have a 2.4 & 5 GHz frequency support router and client device.

But my network connection display (WLAN) I have a 54Mbps link speed, why is that? How do I use 135Mbps or at least 100Mbps link speed? Is it a some configuration issue? My Ethernet connection show full speed (100Mbps).

(I'm not talking about my internet connection speed).

A:Help me to use full speed my WiFi connection ( WLAN)

Brand and model of the router and the wifi card or usb thats in your PC might help, thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/270919-help-me-use-full-speed-my-wifi-connection-wlan.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hey,

my wifi seems very slow under Windows 8 and is acting like its been "capped" by something.

When running Windows 7, I was getting approx 60MB actually download rate off of my apparent 120MB Virgin Media service, now that I am on Windows 8 it appears to be running at 20MB.

The drivers have been updated to the one that was on the manufacturers website, before the update was applied my download was capped at 1MB.

Does something need changing / tweaking on Windows 8 to make it more friendly to high speed broadband?

Cheers

A:slow WiFi Speed

How are you measuring your speed?

Speedtest.net?

What antivirus program are you running?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/26123-slow-wifi-speed.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,

I have one of these wireless cards Asus WL-138g v2 and I have it running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit the card stays connected but is painfully slow when downloading and using the internet. I have tried a collection of different drivers removed anti virus software, disabled all start up items and services but this does not solve the issue. The only thing I have found so far that does solve this problem is to boot into safe mode and then it works fine and is not slow at all. Anyone have any ideas on what might cause this issue?

THanks

A:Slow Wifi Speed

As always check to make sure you have the most up to date driver from Asus. Also check and/or disable any software firewall that may be negatively affecting the connection.

Another thought that comes to mind is... what are you connecting to with this wifi card? Is this your own network, or? What is the signal strength of this connection? Screenshots may be helpful here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/188248-slow-wifi-speed.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi guys, I have an Atheros AR9285 WiFi card in my laptop, and the other day, it just became very unstable with the connection and it is giving me very low transfer speeds.

I've come to think that a Windows Update replaced the driver in it, how could I fix it, or fix the problem?

Thanks alot guys!

A:Atheros WiFi card - Bad connection/transfer speed

You can search the model number online and add "drivers" with or with out the quotations; and there should be a download link in the first 20 results just make sure its a reputable website you're downloading from.

When you run the installer you'll often have an uninstall option if they're already installed. Un install and reinstall and see if that fixes the issue.

Other things to look for are you torrenting? is your cpu always at 100% (would indicate some kind of malware)? you should check your start up programs to make sure that there isn't anything starting up and running in the back ground.

Also where are you in relation to the router/modem? You'd be surprised how much of a difference a few walls make.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/195183-atheros-wifi-card-bad-connection-transfer-speed.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi I need help with this network problem There is computers and smartphones in my house all of them have - mbits internet speed except my PC I have tried many things like Restart modem router Boot my pc in safe mode Scanned for virus or malware ipconfig flushdns ipconfig release ipconfig renew netsh winsock Slow pc wifi speed on only internet my from reset catalog netsh int ip reset reset log uninstalling reinstalling the driver Format my pc I cant use ethernet because my cable is not long enough But nothing Slow internet speed from wifi only on my pc seems to help at all I have even tried to switch Slow internet speed from wifi only on my pc the wireless adapter with my brother but that didn t help either So can someone please help guide me through this Because I cant play my games or stream youtube hell even web browsing takes forever to load now My spec i k ghz GB RAM AMD R x Radeon gb ASUS P Z -v LX Motherboard ASUS PCE N n Wireless LAN PCI-E Card Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi , i got in my new y700 2.5 mbs download speed..when i check the download speed with my old laptop its approximately 20 mbs.. so please help.. i checked and tried every solution in the net..please if you know the right solution help me..thanks 

A:Y700 slow wifi speed

network adapter : intel ac 3165current driver : 18.40.0.9OS: win 10 - 64bit

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y700-slow-wifi-speed/td-p/3343154
Relevancy 63.64%

my new yoga700 14 wifi gets very slow  , it shows 150mbps in the wireless network status, wheras my other laptop can get more than 300mbps connecting to the same router. both laptops are sitting very close to the router without any blocking, the signal strenth is full. my yoga 700 comes with the QCA9377 adapter . The wireless router is linksys e4200v2 working in wireless N 5GHz mode . I have tried installing the latest drivers from lenovo webside and fiddling with the settings in the adapter drivers but no avail. please help 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/yoga700-14-slow-wifi-speed/td-p/3374409
Relevancy 63.21%

My Sony Vaio laptop is experiencing slow internet speed even though the signal level shows as excellent. This is only when using it upstairs, where it is normally used. In the same room as the router it is fine. This has only just starting happening and it was OK anywhere in the house until a couple of days ago. To make it even more confusing my wife's notebook and my iphone work fine on the network in the bedroom. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 63.21%

I have done multiple speedtest from www.speedtest.net over the past 3 days and when I am directly connected to my modem, my download speed is roughly 35 MBPS however, when I am on wifi (literally 5 feet from the router) my download speed is roughly 20 MBPS. I have the Belkin F5D8236-4 router found here http://www.engadget.com/products/belkin/f5d8236-4/.

Is this slowdown of speed due to my router/interference or what?

Relevancy 63.21%

I have un-installed and re-installed my Linksys E wireless N router several times and can only achieve about MBPS d l and MBPS u l data speeds on a year old HP laptop running speed... download V. slow wifi Solved: Windows This is wireless service and the laptop is within feet of the router I have Comcast service on my desktop and my quot connected quot normal d l speed is MBPS with MBPS u l Don Solved: V. slow wifi download speed... t know what Solved: V. slow wifi download speed... else to do I have connected the laptop directly to the modem and get MBPS speed so there is something I m missing in the wireless router setup Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Express Chipset Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd G M-ES L Antivirus Norton Security Suite Updated and Enabled Any ideas bernsinlanc nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

I recently decided to setup hardware speed new slow Wifi extremely after my hardware I bought few months ago I decided to get rid of the wifi router I was using wndr v and setup a Uniquiti EdgeRouter lite and an open mesh AP mr I decided to use my wifi router as a temp switch only until I got a new switch So I reset the wifi router setup the AP and router and tested the speed and it went dropped to about of the speeds I was getting with the wifi router I tested the speed via Ethernet directly with the edgerouter and the temp switch and the speeds were great about mbps I tried rebooting everything but that didn t help I then tried to reconfigure the wifi router to also use the wifi part of it Wifi speed extremely slow after new hardware to see if my open mesh Wifi speed extremely slow after new hardware AP was at fault but no the wifi router speeds were also down I m not sure what is the issue and would like some recommendations on how to troubleshoot this issue I know my wifi speeds won t match my wired speeds but I was consistently getting about - mbps on ghz wifi and it s now down to - mbps nbsp

https://hardforum.com/threads/wifi-speed-extremely-slow-after-new-hardware.1917065/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have a Dell Desktop running XP connected to my home wireless network with a Linksys Wireless G USB adaptor My network has WEP security enabled I anti-hijack ever connection mysteriously reduced since WiFi speed tinkering... ve never had any problems as far as the network goes except on occasion when the cable internet service goes out My system recently had WiFi connection speed mysteriously reduced ever since anti-hijack tinkering... a rootkit that was causing a variety of issues not the least of which was Internet Explorer not working properly and evidence of diversion of my browser to adware sites etc At the same time I noticed these problems and began tinkering I found that my WiFi network connection speed was slower than normal according to the connection status It was and continues to show as Mbps - Mbps It s not clear whether this was due to the quot infection quot or to a setting getting messed up during the initial attempts to figure out what was going wrong I just got through disinfecting the system with a great deal of help from one of the members of this site See here if interested in the details with many logs etc http www techspot com vb topic html What is very strange is that I have two other computers in the same room on the same network and they were showing and continue to show the normal WiFi speed I get Mbps There is clearly nothing wrong with my WiFi After considerable effort my system now appears to be clean All normal functionality has been restored except that the connection status still consistently shows the reduced speed usually Mbps but sometimes dropping to Mbps This is despite the fact that the signal still shows as quot Excellent quot and as noted my other machines are showing Mbps This seems very odd Is there a setting that might have been messed up and needs to be reset There were some initial problems with IE being unable to find some files I messed around with putting in the OEM Dell XP system disk so they could be retrieved etc Not sure if that could have anything whatsoever to do with any of this or if it was or is related to the infection Anyone have any ideas I m unsure what to even check nbsp

A:WiFi connection speed mysteriously reduced ever since anti-hijack tinkering...

when you type: ipconfig /flushdns do you get an error?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-connection-speed-mysteriously-reduced-ever-since-anti-hijack-tinkering.88912/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have upgraded my OS from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. After the installation the internet speed is slow down like a dial in connection (it is slow down if I am using wifi connection and it is fine if I am using a cable/wired connection). It is taking long time to load the web page (like google, gmail etc) and it is not streaming any video from youtube/netflix. I spend one day for fixing this issue but don't know how to fix this.
Please help me to how to fix this issue ( increase the internet speed using wifi connection)? or how I will revert back to Windows 8.1?

Thanks
Selvakumar

A:WIFI Internet speed is slow down after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi All,
The slow internet connectivity using through the wifi is resolved. I update all the device software from the device manager (especially network card - Realtek) and after that I am able stream the video and it is fast now.

Thanks
Selvakumar R

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/14656-wifi-internet-speed-slow-down-after-upgrading-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello all tech guy users I am having a really frustrating time with my wifi signal recently Here are the symptoms Max distance from router in which I can receive a signal is about ft Really slow upload and download speeds from MY laptop only My fiance s laptop had a DL speed of Mps and I don t remember the UL but it was much better than mine Screenshot to follow Internet will drop out while I still Wifi sudden Poor of Range and Speed the Slow all show connectivity to the router and then seconds later the router signal will drop out completely Just now my signal dropped out and from my laptop which is sitting three feet from Poor Wifi Range and Slow Speed all of the sudden my fiance s laptop Hers has internet just fine What I have tried so far Changed Routers Changed broadcast channel on both routers Updated the driver for my Poor Wifi Range and Slow Speed all of the sudden wireless Poor Wifi Range and Slow Speed all of the sudden network adapter Virus Scan Malwarebytes Full Scan Xirrus Wifi Inspector run Screenshot to follow Removed Windows ability to shut off my network adapter to save energy This problem occurred for the first time one week ago today I have been getting by since then but the hassle is getting to me Full disclosure time Right before this happened I had an issue with my laptop where the battery was not getting a charge I tested the power available to the plug and found the proper voltage there I took the cover off of the laptop and found that a solder joint between the power plug and one of the wires had come loose I re-soldered the wire and it charged up no problemo I took the cover back off this evening because I had a sinking feeling I messed something up but I found nothing The power plug on my Lenovo Y P laptop is accessed from above the keyboard just remove the speaker cover The wireless adapter is underneath and I didn t remove it or touch it when I worked on it I did take a look at it this evening and I did see that it only has one screw holing it down There were no quot witness marks quot where another screw was installed at one time so I just left it alone Hopefully those don t provide some form of continuity to the board beneath It doesn t appear so but I can t be certain System Details Lenovo Y P just over a year old Windows i processor gig ram I am student in my Junior year of engineering and I really can t afford to have these network problems Almost missed an assignment submission last night This has been an excellent computer until now I have some pretty hefty programs installed for my classes and it runs them flawlessly Also the internet works great on campus but I am never far from an N router hotspot Any help that anybody can offer would be greatly appreciated I was almost about to make a Yagi antenna out of an old Netgear USB wireless adapter then decided that I would just check here after I ran the speed test and figured something was up with my comp nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

Hi all I recently purchased a Toshiba Satellite C -A -V running Windows Home Edition I've New Speed, Slow Brand Wifi Impossibly Computer. never really had the fastest internet but its always been alright for what I used it for untill i purchased this computer Suffice it to say the internet is a little below sub par Heres a speedtest My phone My sisters Laptop running windows even my old IBM running Linux all are getting speedtests with Download speeds of at least - Mbps from the same router with at least - Mbps And yet here I am brand new computer in hand with memories of dialup floating through my head I've been on message boards trying to find an answer to this for hours I've changed the Wireless settings to not turn off the Wifi I've checked Toshiba's Website and downloaded the latest WLAN driver I deleted literally every last ounce of bloatware from the computer when I got it so I don't THINK that's an issue There's Impossibly Slow Wifi Speed, Brand New Computer. no torrents or security running either Basicaly I have no idea what to do Now the weird thing is if I turn the computer on and do a speedtest right away I'm getting a fast Ping and a download of Mbps instead of the Any Help or ideas on what to do

A:Impossibly Slow Wifi Speed, Brand New Computer.

Did you try an ethernet cable instead of wireless? If that works normally, read on...

I had a problem like this many years ago, it turned out to be something wrong with the drivers for the network card I was using. To fix it, go into device manager and find the entry for the wireless network adapter (eg "xyz wireless network adapter"). Right click on the adapter and select "remove". Reboot the machine. It should detect the adapter as new hardware and reinstall the drivers for the network hardware. Of course you may need to supply the drivers at this point if they are not available on the machine.

This is somewhat techy and if you are not a level 2 nerd you may want to get a qualified friend to help...

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/30856-impossibly-slow-wifi-speed-brand-new-computer.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I connect problem speed slow - internet download Wifi my PC to my router using a wifi dongle I wish I could use Ethernet but it's just not practical My router is a D-Link Wireless AC my dongle is an Asus USB-AC They connect strongly usually at Mbps My incoming internet connection is passed through from the modem to the router The modem isn't broadcasting a Wifi signal My internet is a fibre connection provided by talktalk When testing with Speedtest my iPad mobile phone Macbook and other devices typically see down speeds of - Mbps and Wifi internet problem - download speed slow up speeds of - Mbps which is roughly what they should I mean I'm paying for Mbps but whatever My PC will occasionally get the same but very often the download is erratic and slow something like - Mbps and I don't know how to rectify it The upload isn't a problem so what I'm usually getting is Wifi internet problem - download speed slow an up speed that's - x Wifi internet problem - download speed slow my down speed The problem doesn't seem to be with the router or modem given that my other devices are getting good speeds and it doesn't help to troubleshoot through Windows because as far as my PC's concerned it's getting an internet connection it doesn't care about the speed so it doesn't suggest any solution I have tried various combinations of restarting the computer unplugging the dongle restarting AND unplugging and every once in a while after being plugged back in it starts to reach the - Mbps range but there's no consistency to it And I'm scared to turn the computer off because if I do it'll probably lose the speed again but I don't want to have to keep the damn thing on all the time I use Kaspersky Internet Security which is a recent purchase but I don't think that's the issue because I've occasionally been able to see the higher speeds while using it Do you have any ideas of what I can do to figure this out and get my PC to reliably see the down speeds it should Below is my ipconfig and Xirrus info Quote Windows IP Configuration Host Name Mike-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List lan Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix lan Description ASUS USB-AC ac Wireless USB Adapter Physical Address - C- A- -CD- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe af b f ea Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained March Lease Expires April Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - D-C - D-C -D -F - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix lan Description Intel R V Gigabit Network Connection Physical Address C - - -DE-F -CD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all My Belkin N wireless router is now experiencing intermittent slow Internet speed The router is years old and has wifi slow router speed intermittent N300 Belkin worked perfectly until last week Here are the troubleshooting steps I completed Internet speed test Belkin N300 router intermittent slow wifi speed when directly plugged into the wireless router and cable modem mbps Internet speed using laptop wifi mbps then sometimes works at normal speed Called ISP and they verified there was a connectivity to cable modem issue Did a power cycle for modem and router Then got full mbps from cable modem to ISP using direct connect to laptop tested other devices such as laptops and tablets all experiencing intermittent slow speed when experiencing slow wifi switched to direct connect ethernet cable to router and got immediate Belkin N300 router intermittent slow wifi speed full mpbs So far all my testing is pointing to the Belkin router s wifi connectivity I will check on the router s firmware since it has never been updated I also found a thread online suggesting disabling QOS on the router But this should not be needed as it was working fine for two years since its purchase Any suggestions to what else I can do to resolve this issue nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-n300-router-intermittent-slow-wifi-speed.1152424/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi,

I have a ASUS N550JK-DS71T laptop which has about half the download speed with wifi compared to a similar laptop (with a N-type wireless card) right next to it. So this issue is not due to ISP or router. Upload speed is fine.
I used speedtest.net.
Laptop has the INTEL AC 7260 wireless card with the latest driver on Asus website (V17.0.1.5).
I checked the power settings and they are on High Performance.
I have a N-router set to N.

Would you know any settings in BIOS, Windows, INTEL to check/change to fix this.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

A:ASUS N550JK-DS71T - slow download speed with wifi

That is a dual-band adapter in the laptop. From the sound of it you have a 2.4Ghz single-band router. Try turning off the 5GHz band on the laptop adapter if there is an option to do so.

Also, there are newer drivers dated August for that adapter on the Intel site: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sea...14&ProdId=3714

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/55506-asus-n550jk-ds71t-slow-download-speed-wifi.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi,I have a big problem with my HP 250 G4. Every few minutes my connection speed drops to very low value and after some time it rise again. Wi-Fi signal is always at highest level. My W-Fi network card is Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter and operating system is Windows 10 64-bit. I tried to install new drivers or changing channel in router configuration but it didn't help. Smartphones that are connected to this network work fine.Any ideas what is the problem?Greetings!

A:HP 250 G4 - slow connection speed.

hi . if you get good signal then there is not problem with your wifi card    try to connect the lan cable instead of wifi .. you will get more speed with the cable   or  try to restart your router and then reconnect   ... also  if you get slow internet connection .. disable windows updates ..this may cause the slow connection    

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-250-G4-slow-connection-speed/td-p/5617371
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi,

I wanted to know if there is any way to optimize my computer's connection speed. I play a lot of Xbox Live on my 360 and I have a desktop computer. Lately my connection speed on Xbox Live has been pretty bad. I called Xbox Live Support to see if it was my xbox, or my ISP. They told me it had something to do with my ISP. I currently live near Rochester, New York and the only affordable plan (to my knowledge) is Roadrunner Online. I did a speed test and got these results:

I am not good with down/upload speeds, and do not know if that is ok or really really bad. I wanted to know if anyone has any general information on how to make my connection speed better for gaming on my 360 and for web browsing in general. Thanks!

Relevancy 60.63%

Currently, my connection speed is 288 KBits/Sec by 448 KBits/Sec (which is much slower than it should be). Now, I'm not completely certain exactly what my actual speed should be, but I believe my download speed was around 1 MB/Sec, not sure about my upload speed, though.

So anyway, I don't have any viruses or spyware or anything. And everything's connected properly, too. It's been like this for a couple days now, and I have no idea what's wrong. I'd really appreciate some help.

A:Slow connection speed

try this:

www.dsltreports.com/tweaks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-connection-speed.546507/
Relevancy 60.63%

i'm having problem with my current ICS...
my connection is running at 512mbps
11pcs are connected...
I'm using a d-link 16port hub/switch ... no router
i have 2 NIC cards on my server and only using the winxp firewall...
my connection runs fine when running on a single pc but when the connection is shared it's almost impossible to browse the net and play online games.
I've been having this problem for almost a week now...
i've tried scanning for spywares and viruses but the've turned out fine.
tried formatting HD's and called ISP but still the same problem.
I've been running this network for 8mos. now without any poroblem not until now.
PLEASE GIVE SOME IDEAS ON WHERE THE PROBLEM LIES...
i;m thinkingit could be a hardware problem...COULD BE THE HUB???

A:ICS slow connection speed....

YIKES! 11 machines on a 512kbit connection? I'm surprised you view the performance as "fine".

Does the performance degrade as you add machines, or fall off immediately when you add the second one?

What is the exact model of your hub/switch? Have you tried pulling the computer connections one at a time to see if one is affecting the network?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ics-slow-connection-speed.394801/
Relevancy 60.63%

I am experiencing extreme slow connection speeds with Internet Explorer. In addition, pages are downloading in sections once connected. Pages with heavy images, videos, etc (like myspace, ebay) are taking even longer to connect / download and often cause my computer to lock-up. I often get 'program not responding' when attempting to close these sites. This is a new problem. I have tried disk clean-up, defragmenters, deleting temporary internet files, etc. and nothing has helped. My OS is Windows XP. I've also run a virus scan and everything checks out fine. Any suggestions on what could be causing this recent problem?

A:Slow Connection Speed

Hello and welcome to TSF

Do you have these problems in any other browsers? Please try one of the below (both are free):

Firefox
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
Opera
http://www.opera.com/

also do you have this problem running with no add-ons:

Click Start, All programs, Accessories, System tools and click on Internet Explore (No Addons)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/slow-connection-speed-220732.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I'm not sure if i need a new modem or if there is some setting i can change that will speed my modem up. When i connect to the net on my computer, the best connection i can get is 19,200. When connecting with a different computer of the same speed on the same line, the connection rate is 26,400. Is there a setting i can change somewhere in Win98, or is my modem fried?

A:slow connection speed

GO TO (CONTROL PANEL) SELECT (MODEM) HIGHLIGHT YOUR MODEM AND SELECT (PROPERTIES) THEN CHECK YOUR CONECTION SPEED AND TRY PUTTING IT AT THE HIGHEST SETTING AND SEE IF THAT WORKS (IT HAS MADE A DIFFRENCE FOR ME IN THE PAST

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-connection-speed.70523/
Relevancy 60.63%

I am posting this for a friend.

he is on a 2 year old Dell with XP.
he and I are on the same dial-up ISP and live two blocks apart. when i log on to the internet i get a connection speed that averages 45Kbps. when he logs on hes lucky to get 16 Kbps. usually its around 8 to 10. terribly aggravating.

i say its his modem speed is set too low. but then what do i know?

could anyone offer some suggestion? A cure possibly?

We would apprieciate it, thanks all.

A:Slow connection speed

Well, since you're both in the same neighborhood, I'd guess it's probably his phone line, jack, etc. There is a minimum speed the phone company is supposed to provide, but I don't remember what it is. I'd recommend he call the phone company and ask them to run a check on his line for noise, signal, etc. He should al;so check his phone line jack or try plugging the modem into a different jack if there's one available.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-connection-speed.285726/
Relevancy 59.77%

a couple days ago or so i hopped on bf3, and reallized that it was going super slow, i got on fb, and pages werent loading, i whent to speedtest.net and that took awhile to load also, so i finnaly ran a speed test, TWC gave me a 26.6 mbps download and .96 upload. that is astronomically slow seeing as how i am running a wired connection on a 50mbps connection. i ran anti virus, came up with nothing, i am cleaning up trash and have reset the network multiple timee, i am running out of options if some one knows somthing else i might try id appreciate it

A:Connection speed astronomically slow

Actually, that should be pretty fast, Thornton.

I have a 5.15 Mbps connection speed, and it isn't too shabby. Perhaps there is something else going on here.

Try this tutorial out: Internet Troubleshooting Guide

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/212117-connection-speed-astronomically-slow.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have had this Gateway Processor for a number of months now. It came loaded with Windows 8 and when we got it, it seemed incredibly fast compared to our old E-Machine with Vista. It still seems okay, except for sometimes, but I found a note in my computer file with the www.speedtest.net website and decided to take the free speed test just to see. Well, the results are not good. They say my download speed is only 2.97 and my upload speed is .85 and my "Ping" is only 8. Can you suggest what I might do to improve this?

Relevancy 59.77%

Okay it s safe to say when it comes to things like this im pretty much useless For the past weeks now my internet has been running incredibly slow never Speed! Internet Connection Slow HELP! had a problem with it in the past I have checked the firmware of the router all up to date reset it god knows how many times and its just not improving in the Slow Internet Connection Speed! HELP! slightest I have also took my laptop to Slow Internet Connection Speed! HELP! a friends house make sure there wasn t a problem with that and it was running completely fine It s driving me insane safe to say BT are no help at all My current router is BT Home Hub - Software version Type A Any help would be greatly appreciated I should also add we use several devices with the internet and it s running slow on all of them iPad Mobile Xbox I did think maybe we are using too much but even when a single device is connected its as slow as So yea HELP nbsp

A:Slow Internet Connection Speed! HELP!

Please post your results from a SpeedTest.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-internet-connection-speed-help.1128495/
Relevancy 59.77%

I recently installed an Actiontec 56kPCI Pro modem and cannot connect to the internet at more than 28.8. I have tried reseating the modem, I downloaded new drivers from Actiontec. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. I tried entering connection strings in the extra settings area and I have set it to connect only at 56. It still connects at 28.8. My ISP checked my connection and says its not the phone line and not them. I even tried connecting to another ISP with the same results. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi Up until two days ago my laptop was working fine It is a Lenovo Y running Windows I stayed at a hotel over the weekend They speed slow connection, Spotty had open wireless that then required I enter the hotel s weekly username and password It worked fine the first night The second night it stopped working I was unable to connect successfully I would connect and then I would receive the quot Unidentified Network quot with a yellow hazard triangle in the wireless menu I assumed it had something to do with the hotel But when I returned home I could not connect to either of my home networks or a neighbor s connection This morning I connected via ethernet and looked for solutions The only change I made was to flush DNS When I removed the ethernet connection I was able to connect via Wifi That only lasted a couple minutes before my connection dropped Now it disconnects and reconnects every couple of minutes I opened my laptop up to see if there were any loose wires connecting to the wireless adapter - I had been running around with my laptop in a backpack the day before - but there weren t any issues Some other symptoms are that I can sometimes only see a fraction of the available networks at once I know there are many wireless networks around my house but sometimes I can only see three or five Also a speedtest used to give download upload but I now am receiving Most alarming is that I can sometimes only see one of my own home networks at a time both of which I receive five bars for Are there any reasons this should be happening Any fixes I can try Thanks David nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

I used to get connection speeds of 38 to 42 but suddenly, for no apparent reason, I am getting speeds of 18 to 22. The only thing I can think of is that one of the automatic Windows updates changed something. Any ideas?

A:suddenly slow connection speed

connection speeds of what? kps? mbps? is a dial up? dsl? wireless? isdn? connection

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suddenly-slow-connection-speed.30902/
Relevancy 59.77%

I am using Windows XP Home Edition and a Smart Link 56kbps modem. I don't have a very good internet connection speed any ideas to help?

Relevancy 59.77%

Hello Tech Support Gang,
I have 20mbps TimeWarner Cable internet.

I have a Motorola Surfboard extreme cable modem SB6141 and a TRENDne tAC1750 Dual Band Wireless Router.

When I use http://www.speedtest.net/ on my pc I get 20mbps download speeds. This is wireless and through the router.

However, my Vizio M651D-A2R TV and PS3 both experience limited internet speeds... 9mbps or slower when I test their connections.

The internet connection affects my viewing of 3d and super highdef videos on netflix. When I try to play 3d the message indicates my connection is not fast enough.

I then plugged my TV directly into the cable modem... there was no impact on download speed. So it is not the router.

My next step is to try using my PC as a proxy like explained here: http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=34192

Ideally I would not have to do that. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

A:Slow connection speed on Vizio TV and PS3

Are you sure those two devices have 100/10 Mbps ethernet; not 10 Mbps ethernet adapter?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-connection-speed-on-vizio-tv-and-ps3.1113750/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi all my name is Luca and I'm the owner of a nbsp HP ENVY -ae nl I've bought my laptop with Win on December Everything was working fine but month ago right after the Win update my wifi connection started to be very slow I'm not able to load websites in a decent time stream videos etc nbsp nbsp For example when I use Chrome 10 Connection Win with really Wifi slow or Edge to check BBC News the browser brings me at a balnk nbsp page saying the the page didn't respond time expired for connection Then after secs it starts to load but really really slow nbsp This happens Wifi Connection really slow with Win 10 with all Wifi Connection really slow with Win 10 the pages that I want to load nbsp I did some test - try my home connection with another laptop with Win - gt everything is fine and at fully speed - restore the system to manifacturer settings - gt at the beginning it was working Then Win updated again and the problemwas still there - I connected physically my router and nbsp the laptop with an ethernet cable and apparently the browser goes at full speed nbsp do you think that the problem is in my wireless network card somenthing with the drivers nbsp what should I do to resolve the problem nbsp thank you very much for your help in advance nbsp Luca nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-Connection-really-slow-with-Win-10/td-p/5803361
Relevancy 59.34%

I'm getting annoyed with my sister because she uses too much bandwidth on her laptop than I can get, he uses facebook, twitter, youtube, and uTorrent at the same time and I'm only using YouTube, visiting forums and playing games. How do I slow down the wifi speed so I can make her internet usage more pain in the ass?

A:How to slow down WiFi connection?

depending on your router, it should have some kind of throttleling control in the admin interface, your just going to have to look for it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/272331-how-slow-down-wifi-connection.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Running

version 11099 6a bit Pro
Firefox
Avast premium
Router Asus AC1900
Please note system specs are for another computer.

Firefox is running at it's normal speed but when I try to connect to ANY website it seems to take forever to connect.
My wife's laptop running the normal release of 10 has same problem.
Have tried everything i can think of but no success.
Any help would be appreciated,

Brian

A:Internet connection very slow, speed normal.

Possible ISP or router settings since both systems do it, ever try contacting your provider ? How about other browsers except Firefox ?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/37560-internet-connection-very-slow-speed-normal.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi About weeks ago I noticed my internet connection DSL was much slower than usual My ISP Verizon assures me the problem is not on their end The download speed is as expected kbps but the upload speed Slow speed connection; download OK internet is just kbps and should be much higher than this They suggested there might be a spyware problem System info Dell Dimension GHz Pentium GB RAM GB HD Windows XP Pro SP running Norton Internet Security AdAware Free Anniversary edition Spybot Search amp Destroy HJT results below Questions Is the slow quot internet connection quot the result of the slow upload How can I fix the upload speed Do I have a malware problem Thanks -------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis Slow internet connection; download speed OK v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS Slow internet connection; download speed OK system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA EXE C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster Live -bit Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS system taskswitch exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIABA EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www jpl nasa gov news news cfm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http support dell com support top ty security c us amp cs amp l en amp s dhs amp appindex ds O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton Internet Security ... Read more

A:Slow internet connection; download speed OK

(bump)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-internet-connection-download-speed-ok.805214/
Relevancy 58.91%

I hope you kind folks can help with a very exasperating problem I have a Windows bit Home Premium computer between and years old Internet Explorer is my preferred browser and I am up to date with IE I know I also use Chrome and Firefox For a while now they all are very sluggish to non-responsive I have Windstream DSL and it s Mbs and runs fairly close to the stated speed most of the time Some things I do that helps some but only temporarily are Run but browsers All connection good slow speed Malwarebytes and it always comes up clean Run Superantispyware and usually get several hundred adware things which I All browsers slow but good connection speed clean I have run Ccleaner way more than I ever have Examples of issues are In IE I get frequent page is not responding or just freezing up I have just started quot casting quot from Chrome to my Chromecast From my computer the playback is jerky From a different computer it plays fine This is frustrating Otherwise the computer functions fairly well I keep it clean of garbage but still having this issue that has been terrible for about a week now Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

Hello I've been noticing a slower than normal IE11 speed connection slow Youtube connection download speeds for youtube videos All other file and video streaming sites and file downloads use my full bandwidth speed while youtube sometimes streams at half or less Youtube slow connection speed IE11 my full bandwidth speed Youtube slow connection speed IE11 I use youtube's stats for nerds connection speed and task manager for my readings Things I've noticed with youtube The more youtube videos I watch the slower lower the connection speed is for youtube videos I don't have this problem with other sites Deleting the cookies for google com and youtube com along with the temporary internet files doesn't restore full connection speed A larger file cache is used when you select your quality manually vs auto Youtube slow connection speed IE11 with the same quality Things I have changed in windows Change Maximum Download Connections per Server Limit in Internet Explorer is set to in group policy Limit reserved bandwidth is set to On and in group policy Internet explorer data space to use is set to MB Thanks

A:Youtube slow connection speed IE11

It looks like deleting the google and youtube cookies and temporary internet files doesn't restore full connection speed to youtube videos.

After some further troubleshooting I found that it's either youtube or my isp(TWC) throttling down the connection speed for youtube streaming. I've also tried openDNS and a youtube faster connection trick, but neither did anything. Connection speeds can go as low as 1/3rd of my internet bandwidth when starting to watch a video even though speed tests show correct speeds.

Other things I should try?
1. Reset ie 11. My guess is this would do nothing as other video stream services like amazon prime and other video sites don't have this problem.
2. Install google chrome to compare it to ie 11?

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/42463-youtube-slow-connection-speed-ie11.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Recently My connection speed on My wireless card has dropped down to about 28-36mbps. I used to run at a constant 54mbps. Windows connection wizard thing tells me I'v got a good connection with the router. Any Ideas? Its beginning to affect the performance on my PC.

A:Slow connection speed with Linksys Wmp54g

Have you tried changing channels? That's the first thing to try, this is frequently wireless interference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-connection-speed-with-linksys-wmp54g.648685/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hie ,

wantted to know how to resolve slow speeds while a person is connected useing a dailup connection on a windows xp and windows me ..

A:Slow Connection Speed - Dailup - Winxp

There is not a lot you can do -though - You don't say what the speed is. If it is 35+k then you are in the ballpark with everyone else.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-connection-speed-dailup-winxp.394556/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello guys I bought a new laptop + ++ connection slow New laptop speed internet a few days back but the internet has not been working as it should on it I can barely connect to the internet and the signal is really weird If I sit in my couch with my laptop the New laptop + slow internet connection speed ++ internet is barely working though if I move about inches it will start to disconnect reconnect acting up or not even work at all Even if I move even further away I can still see my internet coming up on the list over available internetconnections I'm using an Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter and whenever I try to troubleshoot my internetconnection a message saying quot Problem with wireless adapter or access point - Fixed quot After running a troubleshoot and getting this message the internet will reconnect and work properly as it should be for - seconds before returning to act up I have tried to reinstall the driver latest version atleast windows says so but couldn't find any newer version online so I guess I'll have to trust windows on this one Also been trying diff settings on powersaving etc but with no results yet I've had several computers much older ones all able to connect to my internet with no problems at all no matter where in the house I would be Help -

A:New laptop + slow internet connection speed ++

Whats the make and model of laptop? With this information we can try and find the correct drivers for you. It's all ways best to get the latest drivers from the actual vendors and not through MS updates.

Also, there could be some sort of interference from other appliances and electrical wiring.

What type of router are you using? Have you tried changing the channel on the router?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/188539-new-laptop-slow-internet-connection-speed.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello,

So i come from a different house with 24mbps download speed which worked perfectly. a day after i went to another house and connected to the internet and i was only getting .20 mbps download. my siblings were getting 6 mbps download. we were all using wireless connections.

My operating system is Windows 7 64 bit.
We are in the same room when we are connected to the internet.

Ive run virus scans

system restore

going 1 inch away from the modem

all these didnt help.

i believe the isp is comcast and my internal wireless card is Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter

My siblings card is atheros.

If you know how to get my speed up to par thatd be much appreciated, thanks

(All drivers are updated and i never have a lot of programs running at the same time.)

Relevancy 58.91%

Thanks for all your patient help in the past and hopefully this time It was recommended that I post here after this thread quot I have a Windows bit Home Premium computer between and years old Internet Explorer is my preferred browser and I am up to date with IE I know I also use Chrome and Firefox For a while now they all are very sluggish to non-responsive I have Windstream DSL and it s Mbs and runs fairly close to the stated speed most of the time Some things I do that helps some but only temporarily are Run Malwarebytes and it always comes up clean Run Superantispyware and usually get several hundred adware things which I clean I have run Ccleaner way more than I ever have Examples of issues are In IE I get frequent page is not responding or just freezing up I have just started quot casting quot from Chrome to my Chromecast From my computer the playback is jerky From a different computer it plays fine This is frustrating Otherwise the computer functions fairly well I keep it clean of garbage but still having this issue that has been terrible for about a week now quot Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft slow connection All but good speed browsers Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU G GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb All browsers slow but good connection speed Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard PEGATRON CORPORATION AC Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

Recently my connection speed has been slower n slower....sometimes it is slow until cant do anything....i try to clean up my laptop from spyware n virus but the problem continues...Anybody knows about this problem n can help me with this???

Relevancy 58.91%

Hello, I am using a windows 8.1 pc. The WiFi connection on my pc is just too slow, the problem had started around a month ago and still persists. My wife connection and router is just fine and works perfectly on other devices. The connection status shows  connected but when I open my browser it takes more than a minute to open Google !!!!! Please help me as soon as possible as I not able to use Internet on my pc. Thanks.?  

A:Windows 8.1 slow WiFi connection

Hi, When is the last time the computer works fine?When is the last time youve run an antivirus scan?When is the last time youve updated the Bios version of your computer? Here are steps you could try to fix your wifi issues: Perform hard reset: Hard reset a notebook with removable battery Turn off the computer.Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices, such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.Remove the battery from the battery compartment.Press and hold the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory.Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.Press the Power button to turn on the computer.On the Options screen, select Continue and continue to Windows 10.If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, then press the Enter key.Reconnect each of the peripheral devices.After you have completed these steps, run Windows Update and HP Support Assistant to update all device drivers.Hard reset a notebook with a sealed or non-removable battery Turn off the computer.Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.If your notebook is listed in the table, use the instructions specific to your computer. For all other notebooks, press and hold the Power button for 8-10 seconds. note:The designated button combination varies by model and production date. If your computer is not listed below, refer to the User Guide for your specific model for the proper button combination.Common Model NameTypically Designated Button CombinationHP Envy 17 2D and 3DPress and hold the Power and the Beats buttons for 8-10 seconds.HP Envy 15-3000 seriesPress and hold the Power and the Beats buttons for 8-10 seconds.HP Envy 14 SPECTREPress and hold the Power and the Mute (on the right side of the palm rest) buttons for 8-10 seconds.Plug the AC adapter back into the computer, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.Press the Power button to turn on the computer.If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, then press the Enter key.Run an antivirus scan I would highly suggest to download and run malwarebytes then remove the threats if theres a virus on it. Make sure to uninstall it after the removal. Download the latest BIOS http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07110 Kindly give us an update.. Hope the above fixes will work..Cheers! 

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Windows-8-1-slow-WiFi-connection/td-p/5729505
Relevancy 58.91%

Running a Windows 7 machine - has always connected and worked just fine.

Today all of a sudden my connection has become brutal to nothing.

My wifi tells me I am connected at 58 Mbps.

I have another laptop connected to the wifi in the same room, same 58 Mbps, and it is hitting web sites immediately. The W7 computer is hitting them, and literally taking minutes for pages to come up.

I have run malarebytes, no malware. I have disabled Norton.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

A:Brutally slow wifi connection

Quote: Originally Posted by Johneeo

Running a Windows 7 machine - has always connected and worked just fine.

Today all of a sudden my connection has become brutal to nothing.

My wifi tells me I am connected at 58 Mbps.

I have another laptop connected to the wifi in the same room, same 58 Mbps, and it is hitting web sites immediately. The W7 computer is hitting them, and literally taking minutes for pages to come up.

I have run malarebytes, no malware. I have disabled Norton.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

I would start by resetting the router, be sure and check the security etc. is still working after the reset, if not create a new SSID, password etc.

After that try creating a new wireless profile for the connection.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/329726-brutally-slow-wifi-connection.html
Relevancy 58.91%

i have wimax internet 512Kbps connection at home, which is connected to Linksys wifi router. the wifi router has 4 LAN ports. my dell laptop uses the net through Linksys wifi connection.

and my p3 700Mhz computer is connected to linksys router through a LAN cable (old compaq NIC card) which is connected to wifi router LAN port.

the net speed is quite fast for the laptop and slow for the p3 computer.

pls tell me the cause of slow internet on p3

is it old NIC on p3 which is causing the slow speed, the wifi router LAN port or the old p3 computer..............

the p3 is used mainly by kids/wife

A:fast wifi / slow LAN connection

Could you be a bit more specific as to the speeds involved with the old machine
visit this site and run the test at a location close to you
Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

Then use the provided forum link they give you to post results here .

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/192859-fast-wifi-slow-lan-connection.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello guys I got strange problem Yesterday everything was ok I got mbit connection ethernet It's normal Slow via WIFI internet connection when you connect via wifi that u got like slower connection i had about - mbits Today I got like mbits I dont know whats going on I think that the problem started after doing updates with ninite com I have tried almost everything Reinstalling drivers rebooting scanning with AV dealing with power management What else can I do My specs Lenovo G s Windows Professional Thats my ip config Windows IP Configuration Host Name Pawe Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Peer-Peer IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Po czenie lokalne Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Karta Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adap ter Physical Address A-D - - F- -DD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Karta Qualcomm Atheros AR WB-EG Wirele ss Network Adapter Physical Address -D - - F- -DD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d d e f c d c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained maja Lease Expires maja Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID Slow internet connection via WIFI - - - - A- - F- - - - -E - - C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Po czenie sieciowe Bluetooth Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Urz dzenie Bluetooth sie osobista Physical Slow internet connection via WIFI Address -D - - F-F -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR PCI-E F ast Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address - - -E - - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d d f c f fff Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe f c f fff Preferred Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- - F- - - - -E - - C NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap A C- AD- AD-A -E B CE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Karta Microsoft ISATAP Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Slow internet connection via WIFI

Did not need the IPConfig info. Why are you also downloading updates from some unknown third party website? You most likely have downloading sketchy updates, that is causing your problems.

If you want to update software. Let the software update from the software manufacturer site that created the software. Using third party sites can allow you to infect your computer.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/47189-slow-internet-connection-via-wifi.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey guys Upon installing the W build RC -bit I've noticed a gross decrease in wifi speeds and stability While running XP I averaged at about - mb s wirelessly which was very stable Ridiculously wifi slow connection disconnect every - hours maybe Now I'm receiving lt mb s and disconnecting frequently which is a real hassle In reality even the speed I had on XP was slow considering that my fathers macbook pro reaches speeds of - mb s wireless from the same place as my stationary stands I'm well aware of the fact Ridiculously slow wifi connection that I have a mb s cap on my network card but I still think that my network connection should be stronger Reality aside I was doing fine with - mb s despite knowing that somehow I could be getting a faster connection and now it's really unbearable to have lt mb s I've followed tonnes of solution guides on Ridiculously slow wifi connection how to set-up wifi on W without any success I've tried countless drivers let the W wizard find appropriate drivers for me turned on and off Ipv changed homegroup settings messed with the registry and more - Now I don't know what to do next One interesting thing although perhaps trivial I noticed while downloading via uTorrent last night was that in the Resource Monitor it said that the network utilization was only at despite me downloading at kb s which should be more then from uTorrent alone according to the speed test conducting right before Could this have anything to do with it As a final note I'm using a Ridiculously slow wifi connection genuine RC client with a genuine key freshly installed Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Ridiculously slow wifi connection

There are plenty of driver problems with WIFI on Win7 (audio appears to be a common problem, as well) so I would recommend ensuring you have a solid driver installed.

Fill out your system specs via your profile and we can better help you.

I would also recommend using the 7201 build, it's the last 'real' RC client that was released before RTM was and unless RTM (b7600+) is an option for you, 7201 might be a better solution.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/23493-ridiculously-slow-wifi-connection.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I m Slow speed Connection, but says fine. connected i'm is it Internet and not Slow Internet Connection, but it says i'm connected and speed is fine. sure what is going on I have an HP notebook Slow Internet Connection, but it says i'm connected and speed is fine. model G GB RAM HD AMD Duo-Core Processor basic laptop It has never acted up really before and my ISP says my connection is fine I ve ran AVG and Malewarebyte to see what is going on but nothing has been found Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Ashley Barnaby gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name AshleyBarnaby Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List phub net cable rogers com Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix phub net cable rogers com Description Atheros AR b g n WiFi Adapter Physical Address C-EE-E -C - E-CF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b adc bbeb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained November- - PM Lease Expires December- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - F- B-A - - - E- -F -D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - - E- -F -D DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap phub net cable rogers com Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix phub net cable rogers com Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BE F B- - CE- AF - B D E E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e a a dd fa Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe a a dd fa Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users Ashley Barnaby gt Any suggestions what else i should try to see why My internet connection is running slow nbsp

A:Slow Internet Connection, but it says i'm connected and speed is fine.

Open Internet Explorer. Click Tools > Internet Options > Connections > Lan settings > Proxy server > Advanced > delete proxy server settings > click OK > uncheck all boxes > click OK.

In Firefox, click Tools > Options... > General > Advanced > Network > Settings > delete proxy settings > select No proxy > click OK.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-internet-connection-but-it-says-im-connected-and-speed-is-fine.965776/
Relevancy 58.48%

I installed Windows on a new build about connection high Extremely browsers slow speed despite a month and a half ago I downloaded many programs during the first week but have not made many changes since I started noticing the problem in the last week or two My browser speeds are getting increasingly slow I use Firefox but tried iExplorer once the problem started The same issues exist one iE It s especially noticeable on various shopping sites that load a lot of Extremely slow browsers despite high connection speed small product pictures The images will be extremely slow to load or the site my say loading for minutes and never completely load Opening gmail is getting slower or won t load at all Things that would load in a second now take minutes or fail to load completely at all This Extremely slow browsers despite high connection speed was happening off and on I think but it is now a continuous problem I have run speed test several times but my connection speeds are consistently high I haven t had any connection issues with any online gaming The issue seems to be restricted to internet browsers I have another computer connected to the same network that loads the same pages extremely fast that this computer can t load in minutes now I didn t have any AV software or anti-spyware running when the problem began Extremely slow browsers despite high connection speed I have tried some programs after the fact AVG full scan came back clean Malwarebytes full scan detected and removed one trojan in a bit torrent P P download folder Threat Fire hasn t detected anything I appreciate any guidance

A:Extremely slow browsers despite high connection speed

Something I forgot to note. I have noticed that when it is slowest, closing tabs in Firefox is not instant. I have also noticed that switching to private browsing on Firefox can eliminate at times, but the problem still exists other times.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/468004/extremely-slow-browsers-despite-high-connection-speed/
Relevancy 58.48%

I recently clean installed windows 7 on an ssd i bought for my custom built computer and after installing all the updates and every driver has even been updated to the latest, I still have slow internet speeds and that's with my ethernet and wirless adapter.

I have google just about everything and can't seem to find how to fix this, but some help would be every appreciated.

Also, I'm not sure which specs and info you need to know for this but just tell me what you need to know and I'll post it in the next reply.

A:Slow internet speed with wired and wireless connection

Use this to test your internet speed and see if you are getting what you are paying for.

Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

What internet method are you using? (DSL, Cable ect.)

From your specs.

Quote:
Antivirus none
Browser Chrome

No anti virus is not wise.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/398848-slow-internet-speed-wired-wireless-connection.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi, I just bought the satellite C40D and I connected wifi, but internet speed is extremely slow (.2mbps), but when i connect to Ethernet it goes unto like 19~24mbps range.
My router is d link and setting is aes wpa2-personal
I have done many research, but nothing seems to work.
Can anyone help me fix this issue? need my laptop for school work

A:extreme slow wifi connection on windows 8

Originally Posted by idea4arts

Hi, I just bought the satellite C40D and I connected wifi, but internet speed is extremely slow (.2mbps), but when i connect to Ethernet it goes unto like 19~24mbps range.
My router is d link and setting is aes wpa2-personal
I have done many research, but nothing seems to work.
Can anyone help me fix this issue? need my laptop for school work

I fixed most of my Wi-Fi issues today by updating bios. I hadn't before because it said that the current version and the one I was trying to update to were the same. Today, I thought, "What the heck? It won't hurt anything." After the subsequent reboot, Wi-Fi works awesomely.

Maybe it could work for you too?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/31040-extreme-slow-wifi-connection-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi all, yesterday I purchased a HP p6-2417a and have experienced some very odd problems concerning the wifi connection.
Occasionally the speeds will slow right down to a snails pace, or entirely disconnect making downloading or streaming anything near impossible. However, the odd thing is, if I leave the PC idle and locked until the display turns off, the speed goes up to a normal, consistent and stable 2MB/s, whereas if I'm using the PC it wont even go over 100kB/s, that is if I can establish the download in the first place.
So far I have tried updating my wifi adapter drivers and changing several network settings, none of which have worked. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-unstable-wifi-connection-on-new-hp-desktop.1090981/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hiya For a while I ve been experiencing that my download and upload speeds seem to vary wildly while on my computer however they always seem to be MUCH lower than on my laptop When using speedtest net Wifi slow on but not desktop on laptop connection my laptop tends to average around mbps downloading and mbps uploading Occasionally my desktop will peak and be slightly better best I ve seen today is mbps and mbps uploading but the grand majority of the time it seems to hover at around mbps download and or mbps upload I don t understand why this is Wifi connection slow on desktop but not on laptop Things I have tried Updating to Windows on desktop not that I am on my laptop Updating the drivers for my TRENDnet Mbps Dual Band Wireless N USB Adapter wireless adapter tried no need as they re up to date Turning off power saving mode I don t know why this was enabled on a desktop but it was Turning off the windows option to quot disconnect this device to save power quot Cleaning in the inside of my desktop tower Changing my IPv DNS server values And I have also tried running a full virus scan malware scan and uninstalling every program I installed in the last month And I know it is almost certainly not interference due to the fact that my laptop sits directly above my PC tower both a whole floor away from the router and the laptop does okay For the sake of checking I have tried moving the laptop to a different room but that is not the cause of the problem In addition to the speedtest net results given earlier when going to network and sharing centre and clicking on my connection the speed is listed as mbps but often jumps all the way to exactly mbps with no figures in between Very occasionally I see mbps but that will be not very often at all I live in a rural part of England in the UK and my ISP is Plusnet if this is relevant My security type is WPA -Personal I am also a video game streamer both for watching and making my own content I mention this not as a promotional thing but it means my usage for the internet is quite high I am not especially tech-savvy so I mention that in case it matters Sorry if I have missed any relevant information and sorry to come to you with this problem I have tried sorting it on my own and even tried waiting for over a week to see if the problem would stop on its own but it s not I d be ever so grateful to anyone who can help It is worth noting that my signal strength on my computer varies but it tends to hover between and bars out of Is the issue purely on that And if so what would you recommend nbsp

A:Wifi connection slow on desktop but not on laptop

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with a screen shot see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows Vista or latter I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connection-slow-on-desktop-but-not-on-laptop.1156455/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi guys I slow/no wifi Netgear router connection m hoping someone can help with my Netgear router wifi slow/no connection ongoing wireless problems I m having with Orange The laptops in my flat are wirelessly connected to a Netgear N Wireless router and the connection is forever going from little to nothing I ve tried resetting everything getting Orange to replace the router a new Netgear N but still nothing I ve tried changing channels in the past but never seems to last I can t work out if another wireless router in another flat is chomping into our connection Here s my ipconfig all results Windows IP Configuration Host Name TheBashmore Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address C-A - - C-CF-C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address C-A - - C-CF-C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link BGN Physical Address C-A - - C-CF-C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a a c c b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained August Lease Expires August Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -E -B - -F - D-A - C- - D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address F - D-A - C- - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb f cb fde da Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe f cb fde da Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap AB F -FBFA- BB- D- FBB FA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CF DD C-B - A- A -C BBC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F DFF-ADAB- - - DFAF A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CDF F - BDF- DD - - AC B F BD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Here s the Ping C Users Bashmore gt Ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Hoping someone could shed some light It s really cheesing me off as two laptops and the PS just can t connect or any connections fail after a short time And it s been like this for around months Also there s no problem when it s wired to the router Currently on channel other people seem to be on or Cheers very much all nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Okay, I have a PC in my bedroom which is at the end of my house, and the actual internet source (Thomson/BigPond) is at the other end. Between the internet source and the computer, there are several televisions, lights, speakers, etc that may be causing interference. It could also the the channels in which my items are in.
My PC doesn't have an actual wireless connection thing built in, and that's why I have this netgear router thing.
My PC is a HP pavilion.

The connection at which it receives is awfully frustrating. It's agonizingly slow, taking several minutes to load a page - that's if it actually decides to load up.

There is another netgear router a few rooms closer than my PC is that recieves internet properly.

Is there anything I could do to fix my connection speed/connection in general? Or just improve it at all?
Any help is appreciated!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-n900-slow-wifi-connection.1087480/
Relevancy 58.05%

I recently built a new rig I installed Windows on the M SSD and installed Windows on a separate SSD Install went fine installed all the board drivers and activated this copy of Win The trouble As soon as I try to download a file the internet connection speed drops to nothing I can browse the internet just fine At first I thought it was a problem with the Intel network adapter so I purchased a USB wireless adapter installed it and the problem persists I tried running speedtest and the speed starts out fine right where it should be but within seconds or so it drops to nothing Literally ANY file I try to download starts downloading fine and then nothing I've turned off Windows firewall I've tried running speed Windows connection Install internet slow Fresh - 7 HELP? SP1, in safe mode with networking I've uninstalled my virus protection all together I'm at a complete loss any suggestions would Fresh Install Windows 7 SP1, slow internet connection speed - HELP? be appreciated EDIT Everything works fine on Windows btw forgot to add that

A:Fresh Install Windows 7 SP1, slow internet connection speed - HELP?

Trying to download anything just stops. Oddly enough, though, I can still bring up webpages and browse around just fine, even while the download shows at 0. Got a file right now that's stuck....it's gonna time out soon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/399931-fresh-install-windows-7-sp1-slow-internet-connection-speed-help.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Speedtest.net download speed is 3 mbps. The issue is not with the internet as it has been compared to other computers in the house. Fresh install using supplied drivers. Connected using WIFI. Not too far away from internet as my 4 year old laptop gets 3 times faster connection in my room.

Please help - at my wit's end. Custom built a gaming pc and now I can't do anything.

CPU: i5 3470
Mobo: GA Z77n WIFI

A:Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 very slow connection speed

Quote: Originally Posted by ageo7836

Speedtest.net download speed is 3 mbps. The issue is not with the internet as it has been compared to other computers in the house. Fresh install using supplied drivers. Connected using WIFI. Not too far away from internet as my 4 year old laptop gets 3 times faster connection in my room.

Please help - at my wit's end. Custom built a gaming pc and now I can't do anything.

CPU: i5 3470
Mobo: GA Z77n WIFI

What usually works is to connect using a wired connection then go to the Windows Update Center and install all the recent drivers for your new system, this should install the latest driver for the Intel NIC.

If you want the full 300Mbps this NIC is capable of then you will need to use the 802.11N Only setting in your routers set up page, using the mixed modes will slow your connection speed way down to wireless G speeds of 54Mpbs.

Or you could try using the drivers in the link below.
Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 Mini-PCIe Card Win7, Win8 Driver, Utility | Wireless Driver & Software

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/298849-intel-centrino-wireless-n-2230-very-slow-connection-speed.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,
I have an HP laptop and am running XP Service pack 3, default browser is Firefox which is up to date.
My computer becomes very slow when I connect and download from the internet.
When using Process Hacker and clicking on the Network Tab, I find up to a dozen Firefox entries. I am able to close most of these entries, but they then just open up immediately, repeatedly.
In addition, when using Task manager, my CPU graph will show usage of say 50%, but when I look at the processes and the cpu usage there, it cold be as low as 2%.
Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
summers

A:Intenet connection being hijacked & my computer & download speed slow

Hello summersa,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
My name is fireman4it and I will be helping you with your Malware problem.

Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:
Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools.
   If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing.
   Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean".
In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Follow This Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Follow This Topic. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.

Finally, please reply using the Post  button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply, unless they do not fit into the post.
  I will be analyzing your log. I will get back to you with instructions.   Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.Please copy and paste log back here.The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/524212/intenet-connection-being-hijacked-my-computer-download-speed-slow/
Relevancy 58.05%

i have recently gone from having 2mbps broadband to nearly 7mbps broadband but the web pages seem to take alot longer to load especially if they are new pages that i have not visited before. i was wondering what the reason for this could be?? i thought that if the internet connection was faster then webpages would load faster too. could it be something to do with IE7 although i had no problems with it when i had the slower connection. any help with this would be welcomed.

A:high speed internet connection slow website loading IE7

have u scanned 4 any viruses/spyware?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/high-speed-internet-connection-slow-website-loading-ie7-138025.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi all,
I have windows 7 home premium and internet explorer 9 installed with norton antivirus protection.

My problem.

Since about a week ago i have been suffering from wireless drop out and extremely slow internet in my bedroom via wireless where it used to be good. I tried to update my malbytes earlier and it was still on 0% downloaded after 5 mins before connection cut.
I am writing this in the study where the router is based just to be able to load pages and have a better change of less dropping which it still doing next to the router!

Any ideas guys as this come along all of a sudden and i cant find anything.

Many Thanks

Paul

A:Constantly slow internet speed and dropping of wireless connection.

Hi please close thread as it turned out to be the router at fault and now everything is fine again.

Thank you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/404902/constantly-slow-internet-speed-and-dropping-of-wireless-connection/
Relevancy 58.05%

I got a:

PCI-E Wireless 802.11n 150Mbps Network Interface Card

So It somewhat works but only a 2 MBPS download speed I know that my wireless network gives off 30 MBPS as my old external wireless USB was getting, but that is broke.

With that broke all I have left is the internal card with slow speed, Unable to render youtube in HD.

Windows shows the internal card has a strong connection of full bars but still slow speed.

Tried updating drivers for it through device manager but none available, So why is it so slow?

P.S. There is room for 2 antennas but having the 2 in makes no difference as It still works with 1, strange.

A:PCI-E internet card not working well, Slow speed / Connection loss

Still got the issue , Tried Uninstalling the device and detecting the device again , result = Still slow

Tried looking for new drivers = none found

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/378452-pci-e-internet-card-not-working-well-slow-speed-connection-loss.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I m not sure what is going on I have an HP notebook model and Slow it fine. says connected but i'm speed Solved: Connection, Internet is G GB RAM HD AMD Duo-Core Processor basic laptop It has never acted up really Solved: Slow Internet Connection, but it says i'm connected and speed is fine. before and my ISP says my connection is fine I ve ran AVG and Malewarebyte to see what is going on but Solved: Slow Internet Connection, but it says i'm connected and speed is fine. nothing has been found Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Ashley Barnaby gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name AshleyBarnaby Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Solved: Slow Internet Connection, but it says i'm connected and speed is fine. Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List phub net cable rogers com Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix phub net cable rogers com Description Atheros AR b g n WiFi Adapter Physical Address C-EE-E -C - E-CF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b adc bbeb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained November- - PM Lease Expires December- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - F- B-A - - - E- -F -D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - - E- -F -D DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap phub net cable rogers com Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix phub net cable rogers com Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BE F B- - CE- AF - B D E E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e a a dd fa Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe a a dd fa Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users Ashley Barnaby gt Any suggestions what else i should try to see why My internet connection is running slow accidentally posted this in the wrong forum tried to delete it but didn t know how nbsp

A:Solved: Slow Internet Connection, but it says i'm connected and speed is fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-slow-internet-connection-but-it-says-im-connected-and-speed-is-fine.965781/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi I Solved: Internet Computer I Cable? Has connection, New Hi-Speed have Slow have been having a major issue with my internet I will try to provide as much information as possible First of all -I have cable internet my ISP is Charter -I have Computers Laptop and Desktop And i have an old desktop computer Tech Specs gt Laptop XPS M customized at www dell com than months old -Its OS is Windows Solved: New Computer Has Slow Internet connection, I have Hi-Speed Cable? Vista Home Premium -Processor Intel Core Duo T GHz -RAM Memory GB - bit operating system - GB of Hardrive space Desktop new Studio XPS MT -Its OS is Windows Vista Home Premium -Processor Intel Core i GHz -RAM Memory GB - bit operating system - TB of Hardrive Space GB Desktop old ell Dimension Solved: New Computer Has Slow Internet connection, I have Hi-Speed Cable? -Its OS is Windows XP -Processor N A i am somewhat unable to use the machine at the moment thus we purchased new computers -RAM Memory MB -less than GB of Hardrive Space Both have McAfee Ok so the problem I am able to connect both the laptop and the desktop new to the internet through my modem and what not However during web browsing online gaming even the simplest of games that only require as little as a dial-up connection downloading and updating When im browsing the web Internet Exploror and Mozilla Firefox say that they cannot display the webpage the typical Task manager reads out a Mbps network speed for quot Local Area Connection It also reads out that the state is quot connected quot Under Control Panel in Network and Sharing center it says im am connected However the connection will randomly disconnect then reconnect On my Local Area Connection Status Network and sharing center gt manage network connections gt I get the following IPv Connectivity Internet IPv Connectivity Limited Media State enabled Duration Varies whenever it las disconnected to the current moment Speed Mbps I ve Tried all sorts of things to fix this I have googled it and found that anything i try comes out to do nothing I have done the following -Run network diagnostics on both the laptop and desktop new -Reset adapter and reset the adapter modem by unplugging the power cord for seconds then plugging it back in -Uninstalled McAfee and got AVG on the desktop -Done a few speed tests probably not correctly because i did not really know what to do with the results I am in a CET I Computer Engineering Technology class in high school and I am a sophmore I havn t asked my teacher about this yet but im going to within the week Thanks for any help or reccomendations that you may provide This is such a mind boggling problem nbsp

A:Solved: New Computer Has Slow Internet connection, I have Hi-Speed Cable?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-computer-has-slow-internet-connection-i-have-hi-speed-cable.821062/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello all I m hoping someone can help me This is my first post I have been fighting my internet speeds for several weeks now and Verizon wireless has not been any help I have a HP Pavillion running XP Media Center I use a wireless usb modem like you would on a laptop only I use it on a desktop so it never moves I have great cellular signal with it but my speeds stink up the place I test at speedtest Solved: speed internet on Verizon connection Slow Wireless net I have Solved: Slow internet speed on Verizon Wireless connection run spybot S amp D to try to clean up any spyware didn t find much I have run Windows Definder I have done all the normal disk clean up scan disk ect Here is my HijackThis file Any ideas to try would be extremely Solved: Slow internet speed on Verizon Wireless connection appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Solved: Slow internet speed on Verizon Wireless connection Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Common Files InterVideo RegMgr iviRegMgr exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Common Files Protexis License Service PSIService exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security SfCtlCom exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security UfSeAgnt exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C WINDOWS Imgtask exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Nova Development Greeting Card Factory Photo Card Maker ReminderApp exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files AWS WeatherBug Weather exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmProxy exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmPfw exe C Program Files Alltel QuickLink Mobile QuickLink Mobile exe C Program Files Trend Micro BM TMBMSRV exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings HP Administrator My Documents HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rm seconduser R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rm seconduser R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rm seconduser R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rm seconduser O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShi... Read more

Relevancy 57.62%

I just bought a new computer and it has a wireless adapter already plugged in the USB internally It is a Realtek RTL AU Adapter Slow 8? wifi - Windows or connection problem Network Adapter I am running off wifi on other devices in my home right now and the connection is perfect for those When reading the reviews for my computer which is this one iBUYPOWER Source Series NE X Desktop PC AMD FX-Series FX- GHz GB DDR TB HDD Windows -Bit - Newegg com a lot of the reviews said that they had problems with the Slow wifi connection - Adapter problem or Windows 8? wifi adapter too and the internet Slow wifi connection - Adapter problem or Windows 8? worked after they downgraded to Windows I thought that was the problem but looked into it more and some people on a different forum told me that it is not a problem with Windows and it is a problem with the Wireless Adapter I'm not too sure now because the reviews said that the adapter worked well after the downgrade I need some opinions and help because being on a slow internet connection is killing me Let me know if you need more information

A:Slow wifi connection - Adapter problem or Windows 8?

Welcome to the forum!

Latest drivers? Found some dated July here, haven't checked Realtek site yet: DriverMax search for Realtek RTL8811AU Wireless LAN 802.11ac USB 2.0 Network Adapter on Windows 8.1 - 64 bit, page 0

Here is better place to get them: Realtek RTL8192EU/8813AU/RTL8811AU/RTL8812AU USB Wireless LAN ver. 1026.13.0625.2014

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/58555-slow-wifi-connection-adapter-problem-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a Dell 1390 Wlan in an Inspiron 1501 running Windows XP. A few weeks ago we upgraded our Internet DSL from 500 kbps to 3mbps. I'm achiving 3m with a hard connection, but still only 500k via WiFi. To see if it was the wlan card, I installed the software and used my husband's Netgear USB wireless adapter on my Inspiron. With it I get a 3m connection. Shouldn't the Dell 1390 be able to handle a 3m connection? Is there a setting somewhere I need to change?

A:Slow WiFi connection w/Dell 1390 WLAN

There should be no reason that your machine can't sustain a 3mbit connection.

Top suspect would be the wireless drivers, update them from the Dell support pages.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-wifi-connection-w-dell-1390-wlan.902008/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi there My computer has been running slow for few months high Computer for despite slow reason speed some having connection running a internet now despite having a high speed internet connection I have tried to fix it by having its set up changed It didn t fix the problem It was working Computer running slow despite having a high speed internet connection for some reason fine but one day it suddenly started running slow At first I thought Computer running slow despite having a high speed internet connection for some reason it must be a problem with the servers of my network provider but that wasn t the case I ve called the cable company Computer running slow despite having a high speed internet connection for some reason to check several times but they said other users were able to use internet in full speed without any problem I noticed the problem by trying to watch videos from various websites and after this problem occurred they started loading super super slowly It has gotten to a point that I can no longer watch TV shows movies and other videos The only video website that works is YouTube and even that doesn t function completely normally Only most YouTube videos work without getting stuck too much Another thing which I must mention is that quite often the internet cuts off in midst of browsing sessions and it doesn t reconnect without restarting the computer My computer is a Dell laptop pc with Intel core i processor I suspect that maybe my LAN card has worn out and it needs to be replaced Although I have been told by some computer technicians to not to do so But they weren t able to give me any solutions So here are my questions Should I get my LAN card changed If I should get my LAN card replaced what model do I need that s compatible with my device And if the problem is not with the LAN card then what is it and what s the solution Please help me out I need this problem fixed immediately I appreciate your help P S I ve attached a photo of the processor s logo just in case This is exactly the logo that s on my laptop nbsp

A:Computer running slow despite having a high speed internet connection for some reason

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-running-slow-despite-having-a-high-speed-internet-connection-for-some-reason.1144146/
Relevancy 56.33%

My fiance and I are in the same room as the wireless router My computer is hooked up to the ethernet itself with super-slow Laptop has suddenly Wifi Solved: integrated connection no problem there Our roommate is in another part of the house far away from the router and he says he s getting insanely fast internet My fiance s laptop which is the Compaq F duo-core laptop running Vista was working Solved: Laptop with integrated Wifi suddenly has super-slow connection great for a week or so at this house Then suddenly one day she comes home from work and her internet is running like it s hooked up to k If she hooks up to the ethernet the connection on her computer is amazing So - Roommate s integrated Wifi is working GREAT from far away from the wireless router - Problem computer is ten feet from the router itself and getting terrible speed - Definitely connected to our network with a unique name So as far as I can tell the problem is not our provider not our router and not range It seems to lie solely with the way the wireless software or possibly hardware is set up No one changed any settings before this happened but the computer is set up to update automatically If anyone has any input that could help we would be incredibly grateful We re at the end of our ropes on this one nbsp

A:Solved: Laptop with integrated Wifi suddenly has super-slow connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-with-integrated-wifi-suddenly-has-super-slow-connection.918904/
Relevancy 54.18%

EDIT Moved to Am I Infected boopmeHello hope that somebody can help me because I have a problem that make me crazy I pay for mega download speed max in my country and normally it s working with Ethernet and wifi at - mega real download speedthen days a go I have make speed-tests and with Ethernet is working in my Toshiba Satellite and the Mac-book Pro like ever at mega but in wifi with the Toshiba Satellite at mega and with the mac-book only at mega download speed have change channel from to and not are changing nothingalso I have downloaded MetaGeek inSSIDer so that I can see in real time what channels are occupied in my zone and if there is with speed speed ethernet good bad wifi a confusion overlap so I chose channel and was the only user but nothing was changing so I have ask Telecom for a modem router change because the last time with this problem I have resolve ok I install new modem-router and now the mac book goes in ethernet and wifi at - mega download speed but my Toshiba satellite goes in ethernet at and in wifi at mega download speed so I have resolved in part but not for the satelliteso I have make complete clean work on disks scan antivirus and it s clean ore maybe not I have download a program called Spyding that have find quot Trojan Win Agent bhk quot Path quot C windows System nhelper exe quot but in some forum I have see that nhelper exe is ok and when I test it with my antivirus he say that nhelper exe is clean When I has click to remouve the trojan in Spyding they aske for payment so I think maybe it bad wifi speed with good ethernet speed is a false allarm after I have download and install new drivers and firmware for my wireless card and have also change settings but no way for have more than mega download speed with wifi but with ethernet it is working normal at - mega - can some body help me please before I put my laptop out of the balcony - bad wifi speed with good ethernet speed

A:bad wifi speed with good ethernet speed

Hello,And welcome to BleepingComputer.com, before we can assist you with your question of: Am I infected? You will need to perform the following tasks and post the logs of each if you can.Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareNOTEMalwarebytes is now offering a free trial of their program, if you want to accept it you will need to enter some billing information, so that at the end of the trial you would be charged the cost of the product. Please decline this offer, if you are unable to provide billing information. If you want to try it out, then provide the billing information.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.SUPERAntiSpyware:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/452964/bad-wifi-speed-with-good-ethernet-speed/
Relevancy 52.46%

Some days my XP is so slow to load websites that I have to restart my IP several times. Some days my IP loads just fine. Lately I have noticed that I have more problems in the afternoon. Could it be my high speed cable connection?

Relevancy 52.03%

I will try to very slow "excellent" connection, speed? but be as brief as possible if I can "excellent" connection, but very slow speed? Here is my network setup I have computers connected to a Wire Gateway model Both are running XP Pro One is a PC "excellent" connection, but very slow speed? and it is hardwired to the gateway via ethernet cable the other is a laptop and it connects wirelessly to the network I also have a wi-fi enabled printer scanner copier that connects wirelessly to the network When everything is running smoothly both computers can see each other s shared files "excellent" connection, but very slow speed? and also access the printer However after the laptop has been online for about an hour the speed of the connection on the laptop starts to deteriorate At its best it runs at Mbps but begins to fall to Mbps after a while During this time the wireless adapter icon in the system tray continues to indicate that the signal strength is quot excellent quot even when the speed has fallen to Mbps I have no problems with the PC that is hardwired to the gateway it is only the laptop that is showing a problem I don t know very much about wireless networking and am unsure how to go about finding the source of this problem Since the gateway is also a firewall I have disabled the firewall software on both the PC and the laptop hoping that would provide a solution to my connection problem but no joy Can anyone point me in a direction here to begin my investigation of what the problem could be nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I've had experience this problem for a while now on my newly built windows rig Every few hours my Wifi simply stops working the connection is lost Sometimes it reconnects after a minute or so Most of the time I would need to manually disable enable the wifi adapter in my Network Settings to get it back up again It happened with a relatively expensive adapter that I bought not to long ago - Netgear A USB dual-band wifi adapter I found 2 hours (tested adapters) loses connection wifi on every Wifi diff few a thread about this issue here I've not been able to resolve it with any of the tips provided including downloading a generic rd party Mediatek driver I've used this same adapter without Wifi loses connection every few hours (tested on 2 diff wifi adapters) this problem on my older Win machine I thought maybe this adapter quot went bad quot So I tried to replace this adapter with an older Wifi adapter made by Rosewill using older Rosewill drivers The same issue occurs Again this Rosewill adapter worked perfectly in my Win system So I have a hunch the problem is Windows itself Does it not place nicely with existing or older wifi adapters on the market Would I need to buy a new adapter specifically certified for Windows Anyone have any insights on this would be greatly appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/53944-wifi-loses-connection-every-few-hours-tested-2-diff-wifi-adapters.html
Relevancy 50.74%

guys i have a strange problem with my WiFi lately
yesterday the my laptop lost the connection to my WiFi modem and when i tried to search it my laptop not find any WiFi modem but the other device such as: my smartphone detect it normally. but after that, i tried windows troubleshooting and it found that "you've lost your internet connect" and suggest some way to solve this problem, i followed the instruction and voila, my internet connection appear again but next 4 hours, it's dead again, i went to troubleshooting and it worked fine again.
so guys please help me to solve this annoying problem...
thanks before

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-suddenly-lost-wifi-connection-and-cant-detect-wifi.1108989/
Relevancy 50.74%

I've been told before that download speed is independent of how fast your Internet connection is. Is that true?

A:Download Speed v. Internet Connection Speed

Short answer = no. But on the other hand yes. Depends on how you mean the question.

Internet connection speed is defined by download speed and upload speed.

Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

It's probably an issue of semantics, i.e. what they meant when they said "download". Your "download speed" is dependent on how fast your ISP's download speed, but also how fast the downloading server us uploading the data, be it a file or a web page, or whatever. You can't get something faster than someone is sending it to you, however you can get it slower.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/download-speed-v-internet-connection-speed-686017.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a 2Mb/s connection. At least that is what online speed test shows. But why are my downloads much lower? I mean less than 1Mb/s

A:High Speed Connection - Low Speed Download?

Your connection is 2 megabits per second I assume....that comes out to about 256KB/sec in a browser.

Are you saying you only get 128KB/sec in your browser?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/114425-high-speed-connection-low-speed-download.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I am using mozilla firefox 2.0.0.9 and have wndows xp pro as OS.For last two days my net surfing experience is going very strange.My page loading speed is good but the download speed is very slow.When ever i download a file it downloads very slowly.The download speed has decrease about 4 times .I have my internet through siemens adsl sl2.141 modem and I login to my account through ppoe WAN password account.Can anybody help please?

A:Browsing/page Loading Speed Is Good But Downloading Speed Is Too Slow

Have you monitored your system with Windows Task Manager while downloading? If you determine Firefox is causing the problem, try safe mode and/or a new profile. Sometimes settings and/or extensions got corrupted leading to strange behavior. Standard diagnostic - Firefox

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/116144/browsingpage-loading-speed-is-good-but-downloading-speed-is-too-slow/
Relevancy 50.74%

Only had this new pc a few weeks and it is so slow now after 3 blue screen of death crashes that caused this I think, I believe firefox caused. I am not sure how to read dump files to show you details of the BSOD. I am including details of my PC along with the hijack this log, my system is clean though according to antispyware and virus scans.

2GB DDRII RAM
VISTA ULTIMATE 32bit

I installed 64bit before this 32bit one on another partition of this HDD but cannot boot into it anymore at startup because this PC won't let me select it because it does not detect my keyboard in DOS mode for some weird reason.

Hijackthis log is attached file.

A:Snail Speed Pc At Times And Always Slow Internet Speed On Vista Ultimate

I found this helpful information on possible solutions, very familiar with errors on previous Microsoft operating systems. http://www.vandersluijs.nl/content/view/973/96/lang,enI uninstalled one of the suggested updates and so far it is fine, the update was only optional so no security threats. I think it has helped, not certain if it will be like a fresh install because windows is slower than it was two weeks ago. If 3 weeks is best windows can handle for being ready for a new install I may have to go back to Linux. I hope this thread can stay on this forum somewhere to help others follow the link I posted above for possible solutions to this problem, it will save them time and effort trying numerous things.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/108144/snail-speed-pc-at-times-and-always-slow-internet-speed-on-vista-ultimate/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello, I just got this x360 Spectre i7 15.6" laptop and I love it, except for the speed at which things load on the browsers. I have high speed internet and ran a speed test and the speed is as it should. I've tried multiple browsers, and even though I have a very strong connection to my high speed internet, it takes forever to open up even a single website. I regularly wait anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes for the site to load. I just got this computer so haven't even saved any files or installed any programs onto it besides anti virus software. How can I resolve this very slow loading time? I'd hate to have to return this computer, but cannot stand to have to deal with these frustrations with a computer I paid $1300 for!! Please help! Katy

A:HP Spectre x360 - Slow browsing speed even with high speed i...

Hi @khealy23,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with slow download from internet. I will be glad to help you.Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit? Are you Wireless connected or Ethernet wired conneted? Please get back to me and I will help you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Spectre-x360-Slow-browsing-speed-even-with-high-speed/td-p/5557610
Relevancy 50.31%

I use Windows Vista SP2.I use the latest Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security(updated) and Malwarebytes (updated) and latest version of K9 web protection.I use IE9,Firefox 3.6.16 and Chrome 11.0 beta.I have a download speed of max 190-210 kBps and upload speed of 31-40 kBps.It has been working normally with fast surfing and downloading.Yesterday I saw a weird thing,I usually download through torrents.I saw my downloads are happening,but no sites are opening.Even Google was once or twice opening very slowly.So please tell me what is happening?

A:Extremely slow browsing speed but fast download speed????

Please click HERE to download and install HijackThis.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile from the Main Menu.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next reply.

IMPORTANT: Do not fix anything

If Windows is denying access to the Hosts file, disable the UAC and run HijackThis again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extremely-slow-browsing-speed-but-fast-download-speed.989278/
Relevancy 50.31%

Last week I have purchased a WD TB Green Drive as well as fast speed slow but write Green 2TB WD read has My speed a non-raid capable raid card Rosewill RC- since my older PC WinXP Celeron D GB RAM does not have SATA ports I have installed fresh drivers form Rosewills website even though they are not needed for non-raid configurations The PC recognized the card right away as well as the My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed HDD The write speeds are as expected however the read speeds are between KB and KB I cannot figure out why the read speeds do not exceed MB I have plugged the HDD as an external drive via USB and the read My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed write speeds are as expected Anyone knows why and how to fix it Update I have tried TB WD green drive -year old and it works as expected Update I have just spoken with Rosewill tech and he said that using PCI card and such a large drive it is expected to be slow Personally I believe it is B S You P S for moderators I have similar thread under storage and networking but it no longer applies as such issue Please delete it nbsp

A:My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed

The Rosewill card's transfer rate is "up to 1.5GB/s." The WD hard drive's is 3.0Gb/s. Perhaps if you set the jumper on the 5-6 pins to activate the 1.5GB/s rate per this instruction: Western Digital.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-2tb-wd-green-has-fast-write-speed-but-slow-read-speed.152655/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi guys I hope you can help on this issue I ve been having with my internet connection I don t know what to do I resently formatted my harddrive because my internet all of a sudden started being very slow but after the format it s still the same issue Now I ve is Solved: fine... download Slow speed, speed upload tried plugging the connection line into my laptop and there there s no problem I am gettin a slower download than upload I have a mb download upload speed LAN connection I ran a speed test on the same connection and on my stationary it shows like kbs download and like kbs upload while on my laptop it shows like Mbs download and kbs upload so what s the problem So far I ve found out that it has nothing to do with the internet connection line or my NIC I tried a brand new one and it was the same issue it s not spyware or malware it s not fragmented and under internet connections it says that I m connected on a Mb network card and there are no problems with any of the devices However I can see that Solved: Slow download speed, upload speed is fine... if I open the job list the download connection is very unstable going from up to kb for a breif moment then falls to a halt at kb and moreover it says that I m not using any percent of the network I m on windows and haven t had any problems before this the rest of Solved: Slow download speed, upload speed is fine... the system works just fine but not the internet If I try and download something it won t get higher than like kb and then may stop altogether additional info Windows bit Asus M A AMD DDR Phenom II AMD Athlon AMD Phenom II x black Ghz W Mushkin DDR PC - GB CL kit SP Seagate Barracuda GB MB nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Hi I have this very annoying problem [SOLVED] speed Upload slow High Very Very Download speed, and I'm really out of hopes I don't know what to do anymore I'll make a summary of [SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed the problem and will be as concise as possible So I have this Dell Inspiron N laptop with a broadband connection direct cable no router and weeks ago I reinstalled my Windows Everything went well until weeks ago when the internet speed went down dial-up like Pages won't load and if they do they load just partially I called my ISP and they said they had no problem I couldn't find any solution so I thought maybe some sort of virus or spyware is doing this so I formated the whole hard-disk and did a clean install of Windows Unfortunatelly nothing changed the download speed is the same Here is a speedtest net evaluation http www speedtest net result png Drivers are up to date no windows firewall no antivirus and no windows update The ISP support guy told me to deactivate IPv and IPv from Local Area Connection but nothing changed I did a TCP IP reset which raised my down speed to almost Mb but after a few minutes it went back to quot dial-up quot With the down speed being the same Speedtest sometimes shows me upload speed in between - Mb which is unbelievable I will make a ss next time I see this And the very weird thing is that I have another netbook pretty weak config Intel Atom CPU GB RAM and with the same cable it has normal speed the kind of speed I had on this Dell too Another weird thing is that the wireless connections work just fine and I've been to a friend of mine and used his broadband cable and it worked like a charm I would be very gratefull if someone could help me because I am really out of ideas and I used to consider myself an at least intermediate PC user Nou I'm feeling like a newbie Thank you Regards Alex

A:[SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

Lets first try this:

Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
Now click on Network and Internet and in this window click Internet options.
Now click on the connections tab and select the button to never dial a connection.
Now click Apply and click OK.

Try if this works

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-very-slow-download-speed-very-high-upload-speed-673369.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi, I have purchased hp-15-ba025au yesterday. After installing Windows 10 64 bit, I found that wifi is missing.  I am not seeing Wifi under device manager. Though I can see bluetooth. I am seeing one "Network Controller" under "Other devices". Not sure if it would help. Cheers,Dharmender 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:hp-15-ba025au wifi adapter and wifi connection missing

Hi: The parts list for your notebook indicates it comes with a Realtek RTL8723BE-VB 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combination WLAN adapter. http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=X5Q25PA Below are the links to the wireless and bluetooth drivers you need for that model wlan card... This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. File name: sp75613.exe This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek Bluetooth in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. File name: sp75614.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/hp-15-ba025au-wifi-adapter-and-wifi-connection-missing/td-p/5693227
Relevancy 50.31%

Although I am connected to our but No 13 ... internet Wifi Wifi on via Folio laptop connection wireless network on the Folio there is no internet connection I can however connect to the internet via Wifi on two other household laptops both of them HP so I believe the problem is with the Folio itself I can also connect to other computers on the network on the Folio but something is preventing it from getting on the internet I can only get the internet via hardwired ethernet connection on the Folio I have tried the following fixes multiple times No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... without success nbsp -Run the Windows troubleshooter for Internet Network It says the connection between your access point router or cable modem and the internet is broken But not on other wifi computers here--works fine -Reboot Reset the modem -Disable Renable the wifi adapter Intel Centrino Wireless N -Update wifi No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... adapter driver it says driver is up to date -Uninstall reinstall wifi adapter-Remove Wifi Network from list of available networks reboot add this network back in-Roll back all No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... Windows updates from the past month-Searched self-help forums for a possible solution nbsp And yes the wifi keyboard light is blue not orange nbsp Can someone help please

A:No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ...

Hi A visual reference point... From your description the fault is either with an app or hardware issue.  But if you follow the paths you may actually find the correct resolution. AAND I doubt I can can come up with anything new, but confirmation of the settings from your description, may help me to. So as an administrator, in a Command Prompt window (or copy and paste the whole netfixer.bat) short version... C:\WINDOWS\system32>getmacPhysical Address    Transport Name=================== ============================================48-E2-44-54-66-27   \Device\Tcpip_{F5FF31F1-C343-42B0-B6A9-BD17E49ED64C}B0-5A-DA-DE-84-28   Media disconnected48-E2-44-54-66-28   Media disconnected 1x Wi-FI, 1 x B/Tooth & 1 x Ethernet ----------------------------------------C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh wlan show interfacesThere is 1 interface on the system:    Name                   : WiFi 2    Description            : Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter    GUID                   : f5ff31f1-c343-42b0-b6a9-bd17e49ed64c    Physical address       : 48:e2:44:54:66:27    State                  : connected    SSID                   : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX    BSSID                  : 10:0d:7f:cf:2b:da    Network type           : Infrastructure    Radio type             : 802.11n    Authentication         : WPA2-Personal    Cipher                 : CCMP    Connection mode        : Auto Connect    Channel                : 11    Receive rate (Mbps)    : 72    Transmit rate (Mbps)   : 72    Signal                 : 87%    Profile                : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-----------------------------------------------------------You can swap interfaces for drivers and settings, if you so choose. ------------------------------------------------------------- :: NetFixer.bat, Copy, Paste & Save As...:: Use a text editor (Notepad). Then edit:: the file, EG-Remove the :: in front of:: ::ipconfig -all >>IP.txt to make a txt:: file called IP.txt to read thru later.:: Run as Administrator for best [email protected] THIS MAY HELP TO REPAIR / RECTIFY,@ECHO VERY, SIMPLE NETWORK [email protected]@ECHO THE RESULTS MAY VARY ACCORDING [email protected] YOUR CONFIGURATION AND USER [email protected] A RE-BOOT MUST BE DONE AFTER [email protected] SOME OF THE CHECKS OPTIONED [email protected]:[email protected] TYPE IN YOUR PREFERRED MENU [email protected]@[email protected] 0 - PING_LO Ping test to [email protected] 1 - PING_MS Ping test to [email protected] 2 - GET_MAC Obtain MAC address(es)@ECHO 3 - GET_IPs Lists all IP [email protected] 4 - IP... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/No-internet-connection-on-Folio-13-laptop-via-Wifi-but-Wifi/td-p/5613506