Windows Support Forum

High Speed Connection - Low Speed Download?

Q: High Speed Connection - Low Speed Download?

I have a 2Mb/s connection. At least that is what online speed test shows. But why are my downloads much lower? I mean less than 1Mb/s

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: High Speed Connection - Low Speed Download?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: High Speed Connection - Low Speed Download?

Your connection is 2 megabits per second I assume....that comes out to about 256KB/sec in a browser.

Are you saying you only get 128KB/sec in your browser?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/114425-high-speed-connection-low-speed-download.html
Relevancy 80.91%

Hi I have this very annoying problem [SOLVED] speed Upload slow High Very Very Download speed, and I'm really out of hopes I don't know what to do anymore I'll make a summary of [SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed the problem and will be as concise as possible So I have this Dell Inspiron N laptop with a broadband connection direct cable no router and weeks ago I reinstalled my Windows Everything went well until weeks ago when the internet speed went down dial-up like Pages won't load and if they do they load just partially I called my ISP and they said they had no problem I couldn't find any solution so I thought maybe some sort of virus or spyware is doing this so I formated the whole hard-disk and did a clean install of Windows Unfortunatelly nothing changed the download speed is the same Here is a speedtest net evaluation http www speedtest net result png Drivers are up to date no windows firewall no antivirus and no windows update The ISP support guy told me to deactivate IPv and IPv from Local Area Connection but nothing changed I did a TCP IP reset which raised my down speed to almost Mb but after a few minutes it went back to quot dial-up quot With the down speed being the same Speedtest sometimes shows me upload speed in between - Mb which is unbelievable I will make a ss next time I see this And the very weird thing is that I have another netbook pretty weak config Intel Atom CPU GB RAM and with the same cable it has normal speed the kind of speed I had on this Dell too Another weird thing is that the wireless connections work just fine and I've been to a friend of mine and used his broadband cable and it worked like a charm I would be very gratefull if someone could help me because I am really out of ideas and I used to consider myself an at least intermediate PC user Nou I'm feeling like a newbie Thank you Regards Alex

A:[SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

Lets first try this:

Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
Now click on Network and Internet and in this window click Internet options.
Now click on the connections tab and select the button to never dial a connection.
Now click Apply and click OK.

Try if this works

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-very-slow-download-speed-very-high-upload-speed-673369.html
Relevancy 103.63%

I've been told before that download speed is independent of how fast your Internet connection is. Is that true?

A:Download Speed v. Internet Connection Speed

Short answer = no. But on the other hand yes. Depends on how you mean the question.

Internet connection speed is defined by download speed and upload speed.

Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

It's probably an issue of semantics, i.e. what they meant when they said "download". Your "download speed" is dependent on how fast your ISP's download speed, but also how fast the downloading server us uploading the data, be it a file or a web page, or whatever. You can't get something faster than someone is sending it to you, however you can get it slower.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/download-speed-v-internet-connection-speed-686017.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Hi All I hope Speed Less Torrent Speed Than Download Speed Browser but Upload Superb someone out there can help me with this problem I am using a laptop in Cambodia and connecting to my ISP Viettel via a G Dongle Huewai E The ISP is a Vietnamese company and the customer support via their Cambodian subsidiary Metfone is effectively zero Here are my system details Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R M CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard DIXONSXP ref NO G -yymmdd-DI- - -FF-FF Browser Download Speed Less Than Upload Speed but Torrent Speed Superb Antivirus avast Internet Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled G Dongle Huawei E signal - Blue lights on dongle - Mbits s capable I use Avast Internet Security and Comodo Firewall I have no viruses etc indicated by Avast Browser Firefox My problem is with the download speed when using Firefox tried IE and same slow speed When I run speedtest net I get a download speed of between and Mbits s and the pages take annoyingly long to download I have communicated with others on forums in Cambodia who are getting to Mbits s when browsing using the same dongle and when I run my Vuze torrent downloader I also achieve to Mbits s So I know these speeds are achievable through my dongle in my present location but something is blocking my browser from attaining these speeds I have attached two screen shots The first shows my computer downloading torrents at over Mbits s with no other applications running The second shows me having closed the torrent downloads and opened up firefox and run speedtest net showing me chugging along at Mbits s I am at best an intermediate user but willing to follow instructions and provide any other info that might resolve this problem Thanks in advance for all help with this matter Snookybiker nbsp

Relevancy 98.9%

Is this even possible? Ive never seen a download speed so low, I cant even watch youtube, and forget netflix. Yet my upload seems to be through the roof. What is causing this? .58mb/s DL with a 43.26mb/s upload @ 5 ms ping.

A:Extremely low download speed and extremely high upload speed

Might I ask what time of day you did that test? In My Opinion, the Internet is like the Interstate. You can't go fast at rush hour.
You should try it at different times of day to see if it changes.
You could even try another test site http://www.internetfrog.com/mypc/speedtest/
http://reviews.cnet.com/internet-speed-test/ http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
http://www.dslreports.com/stest
Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/extremely-low-download-speed-and-extremely-high-upload-speed.184515/
Relevancy 98.47%

Recently, I reinstalled my Netgear wna3100 driver. Ever since then, I've been experiencing problems with high pings in games where I normally never had problems with. Pages load slowly even just the home page of Google.

I've attached my ipconfig picture. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A:High download speed and signal, high ping in games, slow page loads

To Disable Selective Suspend:

open the control panel
go to power options (you may have to set view to small icons)
click change plan settings
in the window that opens:
click change plan settings
click change advanced power settings, expand usb and ensure usb selective suspend is disabled.

I would also (while the device is plugged in)
go into the control panel - system - device manager - click the properties for it and make sure it's set to always on there as well.
I don't think the ipconfig can tell us much here since it's a data rate problem of some sort and not a actual connection problem from the sound of it.

The two things I mention above will hopefully keep your system from putting the device in 'low power mode' which may , or may not help your current problem.

I'm also curious if your system has recently slowed down in any other ways?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/217518-high-download-speed-signal-high-ping-games-slow-page-loads.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi ive been havign a problem with my internet for the past few weeks i have - effected download speed ping un High had High ping - download speed un effected an extremly high ping making it imposible to play video games on my xbox and making it imposible to use websites like youtube however my download speed remains uneffected my ping can range from all the way up to i was wondering if something within my network could be casueing the high ping my modem is connected to a linksys router which connects to sevral computers downstairs also it is connceted to a long ethernet cable to my bedroom where a ethernet hub splits to two cables one for my xbox and one for my pc would this cause a proplem with ping i will submit some more speed tests later to show the higher ping it fluctuates all day its not time depentant which makes me think its not the isp s fault nothing to do with everone usign the internet at the same time nbsp

Relevancy 93.74%

I bought a router and I connected:
PC Windows 7 32bit (fast browsing fast downloading)
iPhone (fast browsing)
Laptop Windows 7 64bit (slow browsing but fast downloading)

How to make browsing fast in Laptop. It's very very slow.

A:slow browsing but high download speed !!!!

Are you running a torrent application that is seeding torrents? If so set your maximum upload rate to about 75%-80% of your total upload speed. More information is needed to furthur assist you. What browser, what router, Internet speed, Apps installed, firewall, Antivirus, blah, blah, blah. This is a really hard problem to diagnose with the information you provided.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/106840-slow-browsing-but-high-download-speed.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Hello, I just got this x360 Spectre i7 15.6" laptop and I love it, except for the speed at which things load on the browsers. I have high speed internet and ran a speed test and the speed is as it should. I've tried multiple browsers, and even though I have a very strong connection to my high speed internet, it takes forever to open up even a single website. I regularly wait anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes for the site to load. I just got this computer so haven't even saved any files or installed any programs onto it besides anti virus software. How can I resolve this very slow loading time? I'd hate to have to return this computer, but cannot stand to have to deal with these frustrations with a computer I paid $1300 for!! Please help! Katy

A:HP Spectre x360 - Slow browsing speed even with high speed i...

Hi @khealy23,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with slow download from internet. I will be glad to help you.Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit? Are you Wireless connected or Ethernet wired conneted? Please get back to me and I will help you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Spectre-x360-Slow-browsing-speed-even-with-high-speed/td-p/5557610
Relevancy 92.88%

I keep getting a pop up when I am on logged into internet explorer tha says Local area connection "A network cable is unplugged" firewall Realtek RTL8139/810X FAMILY FAST then it goes off and says Connected firewall Realtek RTL8139/810 FAMILY FAST.
and I can continue with what I am doing.

It keeps interrupting the connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-high-speed-connection.725223/
Relevancy 92.45%

It started about two days ago, I was using this connection for ages now. The download speed seems fine at the moment but my ping goes through the roof.
I tried restarting the router, I have no process running in the background stealing speed or any of that stuff.

A:Relatively fine download speed, extremely high ping

Maybe you should move closer to your router, or it could be your firewall slowing down your ping. You could also use a wired connection (like a Ethernet cable) if you haven't already. Also, did you do anything to affect your connection those two days ago? Or did it happen out of nowhere? Make sure to scan for malware or other malicious software on your computer that could be messing with it. Most people here ask for ipconfig/all, it usually reveals the problems of your connection issues. So make sure to put that in your thread soon. You can also put your PC statistics as well for us to see if anything would be incompatible with your computer and router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/relatively-fine-download-speed-extremely-high-ping.1094097/
Relevancy 92.45%

Did something get into my computer Defender didn't find anything Avira didn't find anything Trouble with slow downloads Linecheck for DSL shows good upload speed and slow download speed At times the CPU use is and above in the windows task manager Verizon DSL help desk Virus? Spyware? use/slow download CPU speed High said problem seems to be in computer because of CPU use Download DSL speed shows kbps Virus? Spyware? High CPU use/slow download speed instead of kbps which is line speed DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Fred at on Fri Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AntiVir Desktop On-access scanning enabled Updated AD - F - A-A -FDD C Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe svchost exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrB exe C Program Files Common Files Seagate Schedule schedul exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Seagate DiscWizard DiscWizardMonitor exe C Program Files Seagate DiscWizard TimounterMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Seagate Schedule schedhlp exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX smax exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Fred Desktop dds com Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www drudgereport com BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot background mRun HP Software Update c program files hp hp software update HPWuSchd exe mRun DiscWizardMonitor exe c program files seagate discwizard DiscWizardMonitor exe mRun AcronisTimounterMonitor c program files seagate discwizard TimounterMonitor exe mRun Seagate Scheduler Service quot c program files common files seagate schedule schedhlp exe quot mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun avgnt quot c program files avira antivir desktop avgnt exe quot min mRun Windows Defender quot c program files windows defender MSASCui exe quot -hide mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun SoundMax quot c program files analog devices soundmax smax exe quot tray mRun SoundMAXPnP c program files analog devices soundmax SMax PNP exe mRun Adobe ARM quot c program files common files adobe arm AdobeARM exe quot dRunOnce RunNarrator Narrator exe StartupFolder c docume fred startm programs startup erunta lnk - c program files erunt AUTOBACK EXE DPF DirectAnimation Java Classes - file c windows java classes dajava cab DPF Microsoft XML Parser for Java - file c windows java classes xmldso cab DPF vzTCPConfig - hxxp www verizon net help dsl settings include vzTCPConfig CAB DPF B EF- C - CA-BFBA- A E - hxxps support microsoft com OAS ActiveX MSDcode cab DPF E F - B - D - - BD D - hxxp pcpitstop com betapit PCPitStop CAB DPF B -A CF- C - F- CFC A - hx... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/virus-spyware-high-cpu-use-slow-download-speed-447284.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Everything Opens up very slow web pages etc I have XP sp It's an HP Pavillion I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could Speed High Computer? Slow Internet, Speed examine my quot HijackThis quot file log below and tell me why is causing my computer to run slow as molassis Thank you so much and I'm looking forward to hearing from someone real soon Berzerker Logfile of High Speed Internet, Slow Speed Computer? Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C High Speed Internet, Slow Speed Computer? WINDOWS System svchost exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Comodo common CAVASpy cavasm exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFService exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C WINDOWS LTMSG exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFTray exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus CMain exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus Cavaud exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files interMute SpamSubtract SpamSub exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwsoemon exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavemsrv exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HiJackThis exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO mwsBar BHO - B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA - C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSBAR DLL O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar HP View - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpdtlk dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run CamMonitor c Prog... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/high-speed-internet-slow-speed-computer-189738.html
Relevancy 92.02%

The American network equipment specialist group Cisco has unveiled a super powerful router. The Cisco CRS-3 is twelve times more powerful than current routers, capable of handling up to 322 terabits of data per second, which, as the American group indicates, is the equivalent of managing video calls for everyone person in China, children included.

Cisco CRS-3: a monster router for the future of Web

My apologies if this is a repost.

A:High speed connection not fast enough, try this...

Cool, just what I need for my home computer system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/70079-high-speed-connection-not-fast-enough-try.html
Relevancy 92.02%

I have been using WINMX for 3 months via a dial up. I now have high speed capability via a wireless network. On the initial page of WINMX you have two buttons to choose from. One for dial up and one for high speed. When I select the high speed one it says I can't do that. How can I make WINMX work with my high speed connection now? Thanks.

A:WINMX and High Speed Connection

Unfortunately, we aren't allowed to help with that here. If you go Google or WinMX's site, you will find someone that is able to help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/winmx-and-high-speed-connection.387234/
Relevancy 92.02%

I live in Interlachen, FL and for years I've been using 56k dial-up. DSL or Cable does not run in my area and I would be very grateful if I could have any satelite/wireless connection suggestions that are NOT WildBlue or HughesNet. If anyone knows any websites where I can type in my phone # and see if a connection is available in my area, that would help me so much. Thanks!

A:Finding a High-Speed Connection

This site should give you some info: http://www.dslreports.com/

But, I looked up satellite in Fla and all that came up was WildBlue or HughesNet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/finding-a-high-speed-connection.539384/
Relevancy 91.59%

I have a laptop running XP home.I have plugged my new CD burner into the USB port and I am now getting the above message.I may be nuts,but I don't think I was getting this message 2 days ago when I first plugged the device in.
Device manager shows the followingno problems with devices)

USB root hub driver M/S 7/1/2001 V 5.1.2600.0
VIA rev5 or later USB universal host controller VIA technologies with same driver info

USB Mass storage device(cd burner)

Everything seems to be working fine.I am using the on board XP burning software with no problems.
If this is something that I can easily correct,I'd like to.

Have made no hardware or software changes after adding the burner.
Thanks for any info.

Relevancy 90.73%

Hello, hopefully someone can help me with this. I was doing work on a customer's pc, and they have dialup. I brought the pc to my house and I have high speed, and hooked up the ethernet cable to the nic card, and it connected seemingly. But when I go to open IE, the stupid dial up connection always comes up, and it says that I am not connected.

This is all on XP by the way. How do you get the computer to look at the nic for internet connectivity? I tried looking everywhere. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

marcg

A:Dial up connection keeps opening when I have High Speed??

You have your Internet Options set to auto-dial.
Goto Tools> Internet Options > Click on the |Connections| tab. Under the: Dial-up and Virtual Private Network settings box, select one of the items listed and and either remove it, or select the radio button: Never dial a connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dial-up-connection-keeps-opening-when-i-have-high-speed.416066/
Relevancy 90.73%

Hello

My connection is really slow, im getting 1 KB per second, and like, thats a lot slower than dial up. Can someone help me? PC specs in profile. Networking card onboard. Using SBC Yahoo! DSL

Thank you

sw123

A:Why is my High speed connection going slower than dial up

Where are you getting that 1KB/s from? Surely you won't get full speed while downloading from a Warez site in China

Try a speed test from www.dslreports.com (under Tools).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-is-my-high-speed-connection-going-slower-than-dial-up.62666/
Relevancy 90.73%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi everybody,

I have a high speed cable connection at home. It has been working fine.

Recently I took a VoIP(voice over ip) connection for my home. Now my cable connection to my PC is like this ------- the main cable from the cable modem is connected to the WAN port of the VoIP modem. And another cable is connected from the LAN port of the VoIP modem to my PC. Now since I took this connection I cannot connect to some servers. As it feels like that my PC is behind some sort of firewall or something because of the VoIP modem.

I'm just wondering whether this problem can be solved by using a router/hub or not?

Please provide your suggestion.

Thanks for the help.

A:High Speed connection through VoIP modem

You are correct, there is a NAT layer in the VoIP box. What I did to solve this issue with mine is configured the VoIP adapter to put my router in the DMZ of the VoIP NAT layer. That allows full access through to the outside world. You don't need more equipment, just a different configuration inside the VoIP adapter.

The make/model of the VoIP adapter would be a big help here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/high-speed-connection-through-voip-modem.498485/
Relevancy 90.73%

Hope you can assist with this issue In order to for my Local Area Connection high speed internet connection to load I need to restart - times FYI my network connection seems to have no issue loading as it is listed every time My motherboard is an Intel D GPM and I have downloaded the lasted driver from Intel to no avail I was about to download the latest BIOS but read it s not recommended unless it will repair a quot specific quot issue Needless to say Speed Connection Up Boot High at Install Won't in all my on line searching I have yet to discover my specific issue mentioned I should mention this in fact has happened before but my pc was under warranty When I returned it for a diagnostic I was told windows needed to be reinstalled and they charged me which I wasn t too pleased about to do it Whether they did something else at the same time only they will know I m coming to you this time in hope of finding an alternate remedy Anyone have any thoughts Best Regards Saniman nbsp

A:High Speed Connection Won't Install at Boot Up

Looks like you're all stumped with this one eh?
Just my luck.

Sani

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/high-speed-connection-wont-install-at-boot-up.800627/
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi guys I just signed up for this forum because I am having a problem with my internet connection Im not that good with all of the computer terms so please bare with me lol I had been using a router Belkin Wireless G Router to share my internet connection for two computers I dont have a wireless connection the router is just one that can be used to connect wireless I had both computers modems connected with this router Now I have taken one computer away and only have one computer a RCA Model DCM R modem and my Belkin Router Since I dont need the router anymore I unhooked it and have only my modem and computer I cant get online now when back in the day I was able to with this connection with no problems I keep getting a limited or no connectivity message I try to repair the connection but I cant renew my IP Address for some High with Problems Connection Cox Internet Speed my reason So I Problems with my Cox High Speed Internet Connection had to rehook my router to get online to type this I know with this modem and pc I should be able to get on without the router but i cant figure out why Im using Windows XP my PC is a Dell Dimension my modem is a RCA modem Model DCM R my internet connection is Cox High Speed Internet and my router is a Belkin Wireless G Router Can someone please help me figure out why I cant renew my IP Address and get online with the modem and PC Thanks Dan Conner nbsp

Relevancy 90.73%

I live in Arkansas. I have a crappy ISP named Cablesouth Media 3. My download speed is supposed to be 10 mbps, upload is supposed to be 1 mbps. My ping used to be 30 to 40 ms all through the day and I could game to my heart's content on my high end rig. Now during the afternoon. My ping jumps to 200 to 300 ms and my download speed can flux from 9 to .5 mbps, my upload going from 1 to .3 mbps. Here is the trace route I ran this afternoon.

Tracing route to google.com [216.58.218.206]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1
2 7 ms 9 ms 12 ms 10.7.28.1
3 9 ms 8 ms 11 ms 12.139.48.1
4 336 ms 315 ms 270 ms 12.127.116.193
5 294 ms 259 ms 274 ms 12.122.157.118
6 363 ms 357 ms 352 ms cr2.dlstx.ip.att.net [12.122.157.97]
7 325 ms 333 ms 350 ms ggr1.dlstx.ip.att.net [12.122.138.189]
8 306 ms 334 ms 307 ms 12.249.214.22
9 293 ms 335 ms 290 ms 72.14.233.67
10 267 ms 276 ms 246 ms 209.85.246.213
11 328 ms 336 ms 307 ms dfw06s47-in-f206.1e100.net [216.58.218.206]

Trace complete.

Please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ping-low-download-speed-high-in-morning-both-turn-to-crap-in-afternoon.1154991/
Relevancy 90.73%

I recently upgraded my internet service and found that speed test results from speedtest.net and speakeasy.com were giving me download results that were ~ half of what I was supposed to be getting ( 9Mbs vs 16Mbs). I called the ISP and they suggested I restart in safe mode w/ networking and run the tests again. I did and the results of the test were surprising. I was getting the 16Mbs download speed that I signed up for. The tech suggested that I may be infected with something. I run several free programs (Mbam, avg, avast, ect.) to try to aviod these things, but it seems as though something may have gotten through. Any help that you guys may be able to provide would be greatly appreciated. Btw, no error messages and I am running Windows XP. Thanks in advance.

A:Pc speed test download speed significantly faster in safe mode

I take it MBam is updayted and run..Rerun MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when doneclick Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan (normal mode).After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.Next run ATF and SAS: If you cannot access Safe Mode,run in normal ,but let me know.Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".From your regular user account..Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner and then SUPERAntiSpyware , Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..DO NOT run yet.Open SUPER from icon and install and Update itUnder Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)Using the F8 MethodRestart your computer. When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu. Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode. Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use Firefox or Opera browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.NOW Scan with SUPEROpen from the desktop icon or the program Files listOn the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.Perform a Complete scan. After scan,Verify they are all checked.Click OK on the summary screen to quarantine all found items.If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.Click Close to exit the program.Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/303206/pc-speed-test-download-speed-significantly-faster-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 90.73%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor x Family Model ping problems and good Actual download but speed test speed Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Actual download speed problems but good ping and speed test D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ECS Iris Antivirus Sunbelt VIPRE Updated and Enabled I m having a problem with my download speeds I don t have an ultra high connection just mb s My speed tests confirm that is exactly what I m getting but when I actually download something it goes to kb s and will go no higher I ve contacted my ISP and they say it s my computer The speed test is showing what it should but I just can t get past I ve ran several malware spyware and virus tests and they all come out clean I m at the end of my rope Don t have a clue what to do next to get my speed up This is what shows on IPCONFIG ALL Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users David gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name David-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - E- - - E- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday February AM Lease Expires Friday February AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B E-F C - - F F- F ECB br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users David gt nbsp

Relevancy 90.73%

I moved into a city that has 1gbps fiber and I got it. I set my computer up to run Ubuntu or Windows 7 in the Ubuntu OS I have full speed, like 980mbps but in Windows I can only get around 370mbps, they informed me that it was a know issue which is why they carry around laptops with Ubuntu instead of windows to troubleshoot there system. Anyone have any clue on this, I cant even imagine where to start looking for the setting or fix. Thanks

A:Limited fiber download speed in windows 7 full speed in linux

1gbps is fantastic. I suspect the Windows problem is a driver problem. Did you check the Windows 10TP. Maybe they fixed it. But then, the really big chunks you can always download with Ubuntu. I envy you, LOL.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/363131-limited-fiber-download-speed-windows-7-full-speed-linux.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi All,

I have an Adaptec USB 2 Connect 4000 B in my PC and just realized that two of the ports are not recognized as high speed. I was running off of the windows default driver so I went and updated the driver and after all ports were "optimized" I thought the problem was solved. However, now the computer does not recognize anything that is plugged into the card. I can roll back to the windows default but was curious if anyone has any thoughts as to why only 2 ports would come up as high-speed.

Any help is appreciated.

A:Hi-Speed USB ports not registering as high speed

Some hardware have USB 2.0 and 1.1 backward compability un seperate USB ports. It can also come from the device you connect and also the USB card's speed compared to your PC.

Try rolling back to the Windows default settings. If nothing can be detected still, that can be a presence of hardware defect. Return and exchange.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hi-speed-usb-ports-not-registering-as-high-speed-119828.html
Relevancy 90.3%

hi,

My motherboard has a usb 2.0 in it and when I put my thumbstick into it this ballon comes up saying High speed USB plugged into Slow speed usb hub how can I fix this?

Relevancy 90.3%

Dear friends

Could you help me figure out why it is that I have trouble browsing in high speed despite the fact that the wireless adapter receives data at 1 Mbps minimum? I haven't been able to watch videos on Youtube, read the news etc because the browser takes ages to load the full page. I checked which applications are connected and they haven't exchanged much data as you can see below:

Excuse my English!

Thank you.

A:Low speed internet despite high speed provided by ISP

Any ideas?
Thank you!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/16973-low-speed-internet-despite-high-speed-provided-isp.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi there.

I've a canon a480 digital camera and I'm connecting it to an asus m2n mx se motherboard. Both devices are high speed but the camera is recognized as a full speed device.

I'm running windows xp service pack 2. I checked the device manager and the enhanced usb host controller is listed and seems to be working OK.

So...I'm stuck...Any hints will be greatly appreciated!

A:USB high speed working only as full speed.

anyone ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-high-speed-working-only-as-full-speed.869792/
Relevancy 90.3%

i tried to plug in my ipod and something pops up that says this: Hi Speed USB plugged into a non high speed port. and it transfers the songs real slow into my ipod. i dont have the driver discs. what should i do.

Relevancy 90.3%

after dealing with PCI usb hub. i went and got external usb hubs and yes it worked on windows 7, but only FULL speed, my cam went from fast to laggie, iphone connect to usb hub had a message " it can perform faster if connect to a high speed port" , i check under device manager and it says " the device is operating on FULL SPEED "

i have check online, full speed = 12 mb/s , high speed = 480 mb/s

are there any ways to change this?

A:HIGH speed USB hub running at FULL speed.H

Quote: Originally Posted by wr332

after dealing with PCI usb hub. i went and got external usb hubs and yes it worked on windows 7, but only FULL speed, my cam went from fast to laggie, iphone connect to usb hub had a message " it can perform faster if connect to a high speed port" , i check under device manager and it says " the device is operating on FULL SPEED "

i have check online, full speed = 12 mb/s , high speed = 480 mb/s

are there any ways to change this?

First question... Are they high speed hubs?
I have an older 4 port Dlink here that's never run 480... looking into the chip on the internal circuit board, it turns out to be a 12mbps chip... you can slow them down, but you can't scare them into running faster.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/78300-high-speed-usb-hub-running-full-speed-h.html
Relevancy 90.3%

First off my specs Adapter Realek RTL EE bgn Wifi Adapter Router Linksys Cisco WRT N Known to have connection issues in the past but I explain why this probably isn t a factor Not sure what else is needed SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - MQ CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT M - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled So I ll boot up my laptop and everything will work fine My download speeds will be somewhere near - mb s and uploads are around - mb s I ll also ping test my computer with no packet loss a ping around and jitter around - It all looks great and dandy Pics below Except after about to minutes my download speeds will dropoff to about - kb s and my ping test goes through the roof to about - with jitter near Not good at all Now I have the suspicion this is being caused by my internal wifi adapter the Realtek because when I use another external usb adapter TP Link TL-WN N my speeds never fluctuate and speed change. doesn't Upload drop Download off, speed I Download speed drop off, Upload speed doesn't change. have no problem ever Is Download speed drop off, Upload speed doesn't change. there anyway to narrow down what this could possibly be caused by Plus I should mention I ve uninstalled and reinstalled the driver Download speed drop off, Upload speed doesn't change. for my internal adapter so many times its not even fun anymore After I install the speed will jump to the - mb s range but again will drop after - minutes I couldn t find the screen shot of my outrageous ping beside the horrible download speed but I ll keep looking EDIT I ll use Xirrus Wifi Inspector to see relative signal strength and according to it it never changes Gah nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed-drop-off-upload-speed-doesnt-change.1102762/
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi, my problem is that i have low download speed and fast upload speed. My brother have 17 download speed and 16 upload speed on wifi (he have also notebook) and i have download speed 2,5 and upload speed 16. We were trying speedtest.net at the same time. http://www.speedtest.net/result/4038336205.png

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:lenovo U510 low download speed fast upload speed

hi Delian

Thanks for Posting!

try checking these

Change Encryption Support
Right-Click on the Wi-fi signal icon on the lower right corner of the screen, Select Open Network and Sharing Center.
Cick on your Wireless network on the main page.

3. Click on Wireless Properties.4. Click on Security Tab.5. If applicable, change the Encryption type to TKIP and test.

Then check the Speed again.

Let me know your findings
Cheers!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/lenovo-U510-low-download-speed-fast-upload-speed/td-p/1846555
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi guys I hope you can help on this issue I ve been having with my internet connection I don t know what to do I resently formatted my harddrive because my internet all of a sudden started being very slow but after the format it s still the same issue Now I ve is Solved: fine... download Slow speed, speed upload tried plugging the connection line into my laptop and there there s no problem I am gettin a slower download than upload I have a mb download upload speed LAN connection I ran a speed test on the same connection and on my stationary it shows like kbs download and like kbs upload while on my laptop it shows like Mbs download and kbs upload so what s the problem So far I ve found out that it has nothing to do with the internet connection line or my NIC I tried a brand new one and it was the same issue it s not spyware or malware it s not fragmented and under internet connections it says that I m connected on a Mb network card and there are no problems with any of the devices However I can see that Solved: Slow download speed, upload speed is fine... if I open the job list the download connection is very unstable going from up to kb for a breif moment then falls to a halt at kb and moreover it says that I m not using any percent of the network I m on windows and haven t had any problems before this the rest of Solved: Slow download speed, upload speed is fine... the system works just fine but not the internet If I try and download something it won t get higher than like kb and then may stop altogether additional info Windows bit Asus M A AMD DDR Phenom II AMD Athlon AMD Phenom II x black Ghz W Mushkin DDR PC - GB CL kit SP Seagate Barracuda GB MB nbsp

Relevancy 90.3%

I use Windows Vista SP2.I use the latest Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security(updated) and Malwarebytes (updated) and latest version of K9 web protection.I use IE9,Firefox 3.6.16 and Chrome 11.0 beta.I have a download speed of max 190-210 kBps and upload speed of 31-40 kBps.It has been working normally with fast surfing and downloading.Yesterday I saw a weird thing,I usually download through torrents.I saw my downloads are happening,but no sites are opening.Even Google was once or twice opening very slowly.So please tell me what is happening?

A:Extremely slow browsing speed but fast download speed????

Please click HERE to download and install HijackThis.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile from the Main Menu.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next reply.

IMPORTANT: Do not fix anything

If Windows is denying access to the Hosts file, disable the UAC and run HijackThis again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extremely-slow-browsing-speed-but-fast-download-speed.989278/
Relevancy 89.87%

I installed Windows on a new build about connection high Extremely browsers slow speed despite a month and a half ago I downloaded many programs during the first week but have not made many changes since I started noticing the problem in the last week or two My browser speeds are getting increasingly slow I use Firefox but tried iExplorer once the problem started The same issues exist one iE It s especially noticeable on various shopping sites that load a lot of Extremely slow browsers despite high connection speed small product pictures The images will be extremely slow to load or the site my say loading for minutes and never completely load Opening gmail is getting slower or won t load at all Things that would load in a second now take minutes or fail to load completely at all This Extremely slow browsers despite high connection speed was happening off and on I think but it is now a continuous problem I have run speed test several times but my connection speeds are consistently high I haven t had any connection issues with any online gaming The issue seems to be restricted to internet browsers I have another computer connected to the same network that loads the same pages extremely fast that this computer can t load in minutes now I didn t have any AV software or anti-spyware running when the problem began Extremely slow browsers despite high connection speed I have tried some programs after the fact AVG full scan came back clean Malwarebytes full scan detected and removed one trojan in a bit torrent P P download folder Threat Fire hasn t detected anything I appreciate any guidance

A:Extremely slow browsers despite high connection speed

Something I forgot to note. I have noticed that when it is slowest, closing tabs in Firefox is not instant. I have also noticed that switching to private browsing on Firefox can eliminate at times, but the problem still exists other times.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/468004/extremely-slow-browsers-despite-high-connection-speed/
Relevancy 89.87%

All right this one might be a doozy but I m confident that you guys can help me out I just spent a good - minutes reading some of the threads here and I think I ve found the right place to take my problem I ve seen some threads with problems similar to mine but I wanted to ask my own question so that any advice I get is specifically based on my problem So here goes About a month and a half ago we finally moved into the present and got a high-speed internet connection through Comcast who also gives us cable television For the first several days the frequent connection (comcast high-speed) loss connection worked fine with no problems but then it started to happen the modem started to lose the connection intermittently The lights on the modem a Motorola frequent connection loss (comcast high-speed) SURFboard would start to flash Usually the ONLINE light goes off and the SEND light flashes but sometimes both of them go off and the RECEIVE light flashes The POWER and PC ACTIVITY lights wouldn t change Sometimes the connection problems would happen with all of the lights working properly When it first started to happen I just jiggled the cable wire a little bit the wire connected to the modem is an extremely long one that connects the modem to a splitter which connects to the main cable line the other wire that runs from the splitter goes to my TV and the connection would back After that worked a couple of times though the problem would return and then my method wouldn t work that well anymore It got to be very frustrating too as the connection would start to die out early in the morning around AM central time and not come back much at all until later sometimes as late as PM and being a TV junkie I like to watch full episodes of newer and older shows so the random connection cut-outs would sometimes occur right in the middle of a video But anyway the connection problems were starting to happen every day sometimes for just a little while maybe five or ten minutes but sometimes for a long long time the AM- PM situations I started to poke around online whenever I could connect for some solutions and started to unplug the power cord I d unplug the cord from the modem while keeping the cord in the socket whenever I d lose the connection and that worked and sometimes still works a good bit depending on how long I left the cord unplugged which depended on how anxious I was to watch quot Nanny and the Professor quot or quot Beverly Hills quot or whatever I would be in the mood for lol After talking to some friends I discovered that I was doing something horribly wrong I d put the modem on quot standby quot whenever I wasn t using the internet Everyone I spoke to said that they had never had the types of problems I was having and that they d never even touched the standby button So naturally touching the standby button was now a total no-no for me and I never even thought of touching it again And voila the connection problems stopped for a good while several days of no problems But then they were back just as they d been before doing the same old thing Only now though it wasn t an everyday thing there d be maybe two or three days that were problem-free but the problems would always return More poking around took place and I found out about the whole command prompt quot ipconfig all quot thing and how to see if the IP address is good or no good Whenever the connection worked well the IP would expire in several days but whenever it was dead the IP would expire in literally seconds sometimes a minute before I even brought up the cmd screen Sometimes just bringing up that screen would make the connection work but still it d have the same old problems Let me add here that my suspiscion all along has been that the modem is faulty the woman at Comcast seemed to just pull it from under the counter and examining it I ve seen some small cracks on it But given that when the connection is working it works amazingly well and very fast I don t know if it ... Read more

Relevancy 89.44%

My wife has a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows Professional Bit GB Memory with Intel GHz Our ISP provider installed a new Router about four months ago and tested up and down speeds before they left Downloads were in the high s Mbps and uploads in the s Mbps I began to notice a couple of weeks ago that Internet access with either IE or Chrome seemed kind of Download speed, Slow speed fine Upload slow I ran speedof me and the best download speed is Mbps but usually around Mbps but the upload speeds are Slow Download speed, Upload speed fine still around Mbps I have an iPhone a Kindle Fire and a Toshiba laptop and have run speedof me on them right next to the Dell laptop and the speeds on all three are fine We use Norton Security and I ran the Power Eraser with nothing found Ran Malware Bytes and nothing of concern showed up Updated the wifi card driver from Dell as well as the driver for the Marvell Yukon Internet controller No Joy I would appreciate any suggestions you might have for me to try to speed her laptop I thank you in advance Lou

A:Slow Download speed, Upload speed fine

If you can run our wireless test from the page PCHF System Scans post results be sure to right click and run as administrator

http://www.pchelpforum.com/internet-and-email/130096-slow-download-speed-upload-speed-fine.html
Relevancy 89.44%

All of a sudden while browsing, I get insanely slow loading times, with multiple timeouts. I go on speedtest and this is my speed. I get random latency spikes during video games. I could barely upload the picture of my speedtest results, and I'll be surprised if this thread even makes it. What is happening? How can I fix it? Thanks

I've tried disabling all startup programs and rebooted, nothing
Restarted router, nothing

I have a Belkin Enhanced Wireless Router F6D4230-4 V1

A:Download Speed Fine, Upload Speed Non-existent?

Reboot and check your speed again.

How can you have a Custom Build and not know what motherboard you have.

Use this little free program to find out what your system is.

Speccy

https://www.piriform.com/speccy/download

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/357646-download-speed-fine-upload-speed-non-existent.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Recently my desktop has experienced very slow download speeds (~0.11 Mbps), however the upload speed appears to be in line (~2.0Mbps). These numbers are taken from Comcast's speed test (my ISP). It is obviously a problem with my PC because everything else on the network (PS3, Laptop) have great signals with no problems. I just recently reverted the Desktop back to its factory state, and everything was working fine for a couple of months.

The desktop in question uses Vista 32-bit and the Belkin Basic USB Wireless Adapter.

A:Very slow download speed, upload speed is fine

Welcome to TSG:
Run a speedtest here and see if the results are the same:
http://www.speedtest.net/
Then,boot up in safe mode with networking and see if the speed improves.Like so:
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm#03

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-slow-download-speed-upload-speed-is-fine.974049/
Relevancy 89.44%

Greetings all hope you are doing fine Situation - I have a Mb DSL connection - Speed while downloading a file using Internet Download Manager is between - KB sec - Browsing streaming speed is between - KB sec - Speed while downloading a file using any browser is between - KB sec - Downloaded the TCP Optimizer and applied the Optimal settings Did not solve the issue - Followed the instruction here gt gt http www speedguide net articles w -tweaks- Did not solve the issue - TCP Analyzer is saying that my MTU is but in my router and in my NIC it is - Speed Test in Safe Mode can sometimes yield better results - Tried disabling all start-up items Did not solve the issue My setup OS Windows x NIC Atheros AR AR AR Router SMC WBRA Connection Type Ethernet ----------------------------------------------- Speed Test Results SpeedGuide net TCP Analyzer Results Tested on IP address xx xx proxy Client OS browser Windows Chrome TCP options string c MSS MTU TCP Window NOT multiple of download speed Fast browsing/streaming low speed, MSS RWIN Scaling bits Unscaled RWIN Recommended RWINs BDP limit ms kbps KBytes s BDP limit ms kbps KBytes s MTU Discovery ON TTL Timestamps OFF SACKs ON IP ToS ------------------------------------------------ Thanks nbsp

A:Fast download speed, low browsing/streaming speed

Set the MTU in the router itself to 1492

Analyzer is saying that my MTU is 1460, but in my router and in my NIC it is 1500Click to expand...

the normal value for DSL is 1492, and 1460 is INVALID = = must be a multiple of 8.

Manually set {1472 or 1464} in the router.

The article cited has good info but I would opt for all the defaults.

restore:

netsh int tcp set heuristics enabled
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled

see this article to set SackOpts=1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fast-download-speed-low-browsing-streaming-speed.192638/
Relevancy 89.44%

Hi everyone,
At first I noticed a slow down with my ISP (Verizon FIOS) from 15mb/s to 6-7mb/s, but the upload speed is unaffected. So, I called my ISP they told me could be an issue with the Windows that I am using.
Then I called MS regarding the network issue, however they told me that my license has expired is not under warranty for technical support. Here I am asking for some help.

Some of the thing that the ISP done was conducting some test:
Buffer size:261360 bytes
Receive size: 66608 bytes
Their ISP network technician told me that the Receive size was too low and causing problem to the download speed, but the upload speed is still good.

So, anyone who have any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

A:Download speed is limited, but upload speed is fine

are you using a router?
if yes, try bypassing the routing by plugging directly into the modem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/160316-download-speed-limited-but-upload-speed-fine.html
Relevancy 89.44%

hallo
i have a problem last 1 week.my downloas speed well..but browseing speed slow.i playing online games.watch movie. its soo low its too pain full.i cant under stand why?..i am from srilanka.internet line ADSL.. prolink router..512KB/s line..plz help me.

A:fast download speed but browseing speed slow.

Hi, welcome to this forum!

Please visit this site to measure the real speed of the connection. When done please post the results here.
Internet providers (who gives you the internet) usually make an offer of x speed internet but they only guarantee you to get much less. So the speed might change up and down sometimes. If the internet is still very slow please read the details of your agreement with the internet provider. But first give us the speed results from that site

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/190808-fast-download-speed-but-browseing-speed-slow.html
Relevancy 89.44%

I regularly upload videos online and since the last few days they ve been timing out or stalling Blip tv is telling me a MB file is going Speed, Horrible Speed Great Upload Download to take hours to upload Yeah right Other sites like that are about the same or just time out and give me errors - such as Youtube I recently got that quot We re Sorry quot page on Google so I m thinking something is up and there may be something on my computer sending crap out Here s Great Download Speed, Horrible Upload Speed my speedtest net results I ve scanned the computer with ad-aware spybot search and destroy panda anti-virus avg malware bytes super anti spyware - the works and I m not getting anything Everything says the computer is clean This just doesn t seem right to me however If it s any help - I used a different computer with the same modem and was able to upload fine HJT Great Download Speed, Horrible Upload Speed Log Running processes C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ink TabTip exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Windows system WTablet Wacom TabletUser exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink InputPersonalization Great Download Speed, Horrible Upload Speed exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Microsoft Live Search Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Microsoft Live Search Toolbar - E ED C- CB - d -B E -AB C C - c Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Progra... Read more

Relevancy 89.01%

Whenever I am on Internet Explorer and I stop using it for about 7 mins, I will go back to view another page and a box comes up that says

CONNECT WORK OFFLINE

I have a high speed internet connection and I use WinXP Pro. I do have a SMC router connected.

Is there a setting somewhere for IE where I can change the amount of time of inactivity so it stays connected?

I especially find this a problem when I am in a Sun Java chat room. I get booted every 8 mins because IE goes offline........... even though my router says I'm connected?

thanks

A:Why does my high speed internet connection stop after about 7 mins? I get IE notice

Have you tried bypassing the router to see if this problem goes away?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/why-does-my-high-speed-internet-connection-stop-after-about-7-mins-i-get-ie-notice-60914.html
Relevancy 89.01%

i have recently gone from having 2mbps broadband to nearly 7mbps broadband but the web pages seem to take alot longer to load especially if they are new pages that i have not visited before. i was wondering what the reason for this could be?? i thought that if the internet connection was faster then webpages would load faster too. could it be something to do with IE7 although i had no problems with it when i had the slower connection. any help with this would be welcomed.

A:high speed internet connection slow website loading IE7

have u scanned 4 any viruses/spyware?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/high-speed-internet-connection-slow-website-loading-ie7-138025.html
Relevancy 89.01%

firewall gets attacked every few Speed Attacked Now Firewall Crawl Connection Every Minutes, A Few High minutes i have run both spyware and virus scans symantec Firewall Attacked Every Few Minutes, High Speed Connection Now A Crawl ccleaner registry cleaner sfc scannow defraged some pages dont load i get the internet explorer cant connect to page message constant It started after i downloaded quot regcure quot free scan I have been in contact with them i am told quot It appears that your router is attempting to connect your local machine quot while it is a new router i had no problems with it for over a month prior anyway here are my logs any help is appreciatedDeckard's System Scanner v Run by Tim on - - Computer is in Normal Mode ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Restore --------------------------------------------------------------Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint-- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - System CheckpointBacked up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as Tim exe -------------------------------------------------Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeC WINDOWS system Rundll exeC Program Files Nova Development Photo Explosion Deluxe calcheck exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM EXEC Program Files Fisher-Price DACS MiniApp DACSMiniApp exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exeC WINDOWS system CTSvcCDA exeC WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC PROGRA AVANQU SYSTEM MXTask exeC PROGRA AVANQU SYSTEM mxtask exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Documents and Settings Tim My Documents dss exeC PROGRA TRENDM HIJACK Tim exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http home iwon com iwon-homepage home jhtmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook amp Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files Avanquest SystemSuite LinkScannerIE dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeO - HKLM Run DeviceDiscovery C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exeO - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE isuspm exe -startupO - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Pr... Read more

A:Firewall Attacked Every Few Minutes, High Speed Connection Now A Crawl

Hello and welcome to BCWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. We aim to provide the valuable service known to come from BC to every member we can, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine.Upon completing the steps below a staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.Thanks and again sorry for the delay. Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) and save to your Desktop.alternate download siteDSS will do the following:Create a new System Restore point in Windows XP and Vista.Clean your Temporary Files, Downloaded Program Files, Internet Cache Files, and empty the Recycle Bin on all drives.Check some important areas of your system and produce a report for an analyst to review.Automatically run HijackThis. It will also install and place a shortcut to HijackThis on your desktop if you do not already have it installed. So if HijackThis is not installed and DSS prompts you to download it, please answer yes.You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges when using.Close all applications and windows.Double-click on dss.exe to run it and follow the prompts.If your anti-virus or firewall complains, please allow this script to run as it is not
malicious.When the scan is complete, two text files will open in Notepad:main.txt <- this one will be maximizedextra.txt <- this one will be minimizedIf not, they both can be found in the C:\Deckard\System Scanner folder.Please copy (Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in your next reply.-- When running DSS, some firewalls may warn that it is trying to access the Internet especially if your asked to download the most current version of HijackThis. Please ensure that you allow it permission to do so.-- If you get a warning from your anti-virus while DSS is scanning, please allow DSS to continue as the scan is not harmful.If you already preformed the steps above We still need to see the current state of the machine fresh scan and logs are still necessaryclick on Start, click on Run copy and paste the following in bold in the open window and then click OK"%userprofile%\desktop\dss.exe" /configThis will open up DSS configuration click on Check Allclick ScanDSS will now run again when finishedPlease post back both logs that open in notepadMain txt and extra txtNextPlease do a scan with Kaspersky Online ScannerNote: If you are using Windows Vista, open your browser by right-clicking on its icon and select 'Run as administrator' to perform this scan.Click on the Accept button and install any components it needs.The program will install and then begin downloading the latest definition files.After the files have been downloaded on the left side of the page in the Scan section select My ComputerThis will start the program and scan your system.The scan will take a while, so be patient and let it run.Once the scan is complete, click on View scan reportNow, click on the Save Report as button.Save the file to your desktop.Copy and paste that information in your next post.Please post back with dss reports main.txt, extra.txt and Kaspersky report.Regards

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/160950/firewall-attacked-every-few-minutes-high-speed-connection-now-a-crawl/
Relevancy 89.01%

It has been acting up big time in the last couple days. The speed (Mbps) fluncuates up and down, and constantly disconnects me. I have tried resetting the modem, but it will still do it after some time. I have the newest filmware. Why did it just start acting up now?

It has got to be the placement of the router. I have it in its own room on the same floor as my laptop, but its on a desk about 3 ft high. Perhaps on the ceiling?

Relevancy 88.58%

Hi,

I've subscribed for a 2 Mbps ADSL line and I'm having a very weird problem. When downloading a file using my browser or any other device on the network, I get only about 100 kb/s max. However, when I use a download manager on my PC, I get around 250 kb/s speed.

Do you guys have any idea what could be the problem here? could it be my modem? if so, what should I look for when replacing it with a new one?
Appreciate your help

Relevancy 88.58%

Hello,

Im having the same problem that this guy here

HTML:
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/736001-i-cant-get-connections-full.html
The difference is that im paying for 8mb adsl and im getting only 2~3mb at sites and downloads where i can make only one connection.
Im using win 7 rtm ultimate, my network adapter drivers are updated.

Relevancy 88.15%

Hi there My computer has been running slow for few months high Computer for despite slow reason speed some having connection running a internet now despite having a high speed internet connection I have tried to fix it by having its set up changed It didn t fix the problem It was working Computer running slow despite having a high speed internet connection for some reason fine but one day it suddenly started running slow At first I thought Computer running slow despite having a high speed internet connection for some reason it must be a problem with the servers of my network provider but that wasn t the case I ve called the cable company Computer running slow despite having a high speed internet connection for some reason to check several times but they said other users were able to use internet in full speed without any problem I noticed the problem by trying to watch videos from various websites and after this problem occurred they started loading super super slowly It has gotten to a point that I can no longer watch TV shows movies and other videos The only video website that works is YouTube and even that doesn t function completely normally Only most YouTube videos work without getting stuck too much Another thing which I must mention is that quite often the internet cuts off in midst of browsing sessions and it doesn t reconnect without restarting the computer My computer is a Dell laptop pc with Intel core i processor I suspect that maybe my LAN card has worn out and it needs to be replaced Although I have been told by some computer technicians to not to do so But they weren t able to give me any solutions So here are my questions Should I get my LAN card changed If I should get my LAN card replaced what model do I need that s compatible with my device And if the problem is not with the LAN card then what is it and what s the solution Please help me out I need this problem fixed immediately I appreciate your help P S I ve attached a photo of the processor s logo just in case This is exactly the logo that s on my laptop nbsp

A:Computer running slow despite having a high speed internet connection for some reason

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-running-slow-despite-having-a-high-speed-internet-connection-for-some-reason.1144146/
Relevancy 87.72%

Help gt My browser connection speed dropped to about kb second after a power outage I just did a full format of the drive and a clean install of XP Pro No Antivirus or Firewall loaded yet XP Firewall is not enabled HiJackThis looks ok Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP v WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system telnet exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag just fine speed Browser Telnet speed connection SLOW exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - Browser connection speed SLOW Telnet speed just fine - e e Browser connection speed SLOW Telnet speed just fine dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d Browser connection speed SLOW Telnet speed just fine -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe -- End of file - bytes Have any idea why my Telnet connection is fine yet my Browsers don t hook up at the same speed emetib nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/browser-connection-speed-slow-telnet-speed-just-fine.686662/
Relevancy 87.72%

I already tried safe mode with networking so i assume it s not about viruses or my antivirus Here s upload than is speed Download lower my speed. from a tcp ip analyzer TCP options string MTU MTU is not fully optimized for broadband Consider increasing your MTU to for better throughput If you are using a router it could be limiting your MTU regardless of Registry settings MSS MSS is not optimized for broadband Consider increasing your MTU value Default TCP Receive Window RWIN RWIN Scaling RFC bits scale factor Unscaled TCP Receive Window RWIN is not fully optimized Download speed is lower than my upload speed. even though it is a comparatively large number The unscaled RWIN value is lower than it should be Also RWIN being close to and above does not justify the header overhead of enabling TCP Options You might want to use one of the recommended RWIN values below For optimum performance consider changing RWIN to a multiple of MSS Other RWIN values that might work well with your current MTU MSS up to Mbit lines depending on latency MSS - Mbit lines depending on latency MSS - Mbit lines depending on latency MSS - Mbit lines depending on latency MSS - Mbit lines depending on latency MSS bandwidth delay product Note this is not a speed test Your TCP Window limits you to kbps KBytes s ms Your TCP Window limits you to kbps KBytes s ms MTU Discovery RFC ON Time to live left hops TTL value is ok Timestamps RFC OFF Selective Acknowledgements RFC ON IP type of service field RFC I have a desktop where I am getting around kbps with the same modem Just enough for my mbps kbps connection But when I try to use this laptop the connection becomes like this Down is in average and up is higher os is windows xp nbsp

A:Download speed is lower than my upload speed.

Try TCP Optimizer. I've used it for wireless connections with XP, it has never made things worse for me, sometimes helped dramatically, and it will save original settings so that you can revert to them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed-is-lower-than-my-upload-speed.976376/
Relevancy 87.72%

So I ve always kind of had this issue not something really new However after testing my wife s PC to see if it were a router issue or something I realized I m in a bad spot My speed test had my D L at like Mbps and my U L at like Both spiked during the test around Comparing to my wife s PC when I did the test was Mbps D L and Mbps U L Her PC has the hard line into it while mine is directly connected to the router The provider goes through her PC etc Is there some tests I could do to find out higher than Upload download speed speed... my if it s Upload speed higher than my download speed... My PC My Router or Just some settings Thank you Also I saw someone ask on another one of these issues for the netstat -n so here is mine Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Active Connections Proto Local Address Foreign Address State TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP CLOSE WAIT TCP CLOSE WAIT TCP CLOSE WAIT TCP ESTABLISHED nbsp

A:Upload speed higher than my download speed...

Interesting thing, I refreshed my net and restarted my PC, and it was peaking at 322.5KBps, but now it's back down to like 10-20KBps (at least when d/l from steam).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upload-speed-higher-than-my-download-speed.167450/
Relevancy 87.72%

I'm using a Compact Wireless-G Linksys USB Adapter with Speedbooster, and getting higher Upload speed than download speed on every speed testing website I try. Any thoughts on why?

Router: WRT54G2 Firmware vers. 1.0.01
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 840T Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 10 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 6143 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5670, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 942353 MB, Free - 640989 MB; D: Total - 11412 MB, Free - 1394 MB;
Motherboard: FOXCONN, 2AB1
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 87.72%

hi! i just wanna ask between the difference of the download speed and the internet speed. because i have a 1.5mb connection i tried at speedtest and when i download i always get a 190-200kbps rate. so its not actually 1.5mb in my download speed even my internet speed is 1.5mbps. is there and calculator what should be my connection if i want my download speed like 1mb per second? thank you very much.

A:difference between the download speed and internet speed?

Are you sure you're not getting 190-200KBps? You have to watch because the speed is often stated using different bit rates. When you see 1.5Mbs (lower case b) then it is megabits per second. If you see 190KBs (upper case B) then it's talking kilobytes per second. There are 8 bits in a byte so you really need to multiply the KBs number by 8 to determine the megabits or divide the Mbs number by 8 to determine the megabyte number.

In your case 200KBs multiplied by 8 is 1600Kbs or 1.6Mbs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/310087-difference-between-download-speed-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I just switched over to my linksys router last night for my wireless because the small usb adapter I had sucked. my download speed went from 2-3 up to 58, HOWEVER, my upload speed usually won't even connect on the speed test from speedtest.org????

I can pull up maybe 1-2 website I frequently visit immediately, but 99% of other sites won't even load, or I get the text based webpage....what could the problem be?? My friends laptop works fine, my phone works fine, signal strength is good....??? Also i disabled antivirus and phising/popup blockers. etc

A:Download speed is good, BUT, upload speed is 0...?

lots of visits i see, can someone please help me out here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed-is-good-but-upload-speed-is-0.1109312/
Relevancy 87.72%

I'm using a USB dongle to connect to the internet. Sometimes i want to limit my download speed of the connection. How can i do that? Is there any programs that allow me to achieve this?

A:How to limit the download speed of my internet connection

You want to limt the download speed of what?
Internet explorer, utorrent, google chrome, outlook... or???
Why limit the download speed?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/263063-how-limit-download-speed-my-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Any proof to this? My guess is the router has a built-in firewall, which slows hemps download speed? I read 100Mbps with hard wired, and 54Mbps max with wireless.

Relevancy 87.72%

I have a problem that has been annoying me for some time my laptop will suddenly for no apparent reason disconnect me from my connection/download speed Random problems network Random connection/download speed problems and thus the internet and do one of the following Random connection/download speed problems not let me reconnect to my network when I attempt to reconnect it either gets stuck on trying to identify the network or says that it can't connect and upon running a diagnosis it will either state that no solutions are available or suggest that I do something what it tells me to do is never consistent that when I try it does not work not display the network that I was just connected to in the list of available networks this is occasionally but not always followed by networks disappearing from the list until there are none left these networks will not come back state that there are no wireless networks available this often happens instantly but sometimes comes about through a gradual loss of networks from the list The only way for me to restore connectivity is to restart my laptop this will always fix the problem and restore all of the networks and my ability to connect to them Also there is usually a person on a laptop right next to me who is using and was sharing the same network without problems when I lose my connectivity Proximity to the transmitter and connection strength do not seem to have any effect on whether or not this occurs I have had it happen with one bar five bars twenty at least it may be farther meters away through multiple research labs with walls of reinforced concrete and at less than a foot from the transmitter Again restarting will fix everything Additionally I normally get download speeds of about Kb s but between the hours of about pm and am the speed drops by - or more and occasionally wavers between that and a drop not downloading anything but I still have internet connection and the download is still running it's just not downloading anything Can someone please help me

A:Random connection/download speed problems

If you would could you please do the following in this tutorial and report back with your info please. Thanks
Network Posting Tips

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/183189-random-connection-download-speed-problems.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Sorry if this has been covered but I haven t seen it here and admittedly I m a little impatient because this is driving me out of my mind WIndows k i Geforce GB DDR RAM Sabertooth Z Mobo Cisco DPC Modem Wired Connection If there s any other information you require please let me know I m new here I have Rogers internet in Toronto Canada and everything was working just fine up until a few days ago Now every time I attempt to download something the d l speed goes up to Speed Stops Download Seems But Fine. Connection normal around megabytes sec but then stops going down to kb s I ve been using Downthemall as a download manager in Firefox so I pause the download and resume it and it goes back up to full speed only to go back down to kb s a few seconds later When I browse the internet some times the pages load right away but other times I have to go to the address then hit refresh in my browser to load the page as if it didn t load the first time I ve tried different browsers chrome FF opera IE and consistently get the issue There are no issues with connectivity as all of the Download Speed Stops But Connection Seems Fine. lights on my router seem to indicate a strong connection I assumed this was an issue with my ISP so I reset my router to default settings and set up my connection again but the same problem persisted I tried lowering my MTU s until the packets weren t fragmented but that didn t help I then tried anti-virus malware scans but those turned up nothing After a couple days of Googling I d had enough at this point I backed up and completely re-installed my machine only to attempt to download Firefox upon a fresh install and have it hang right in the middle of the download I ve never had any of these issues before a few days ago and it s driving me crazy any help would be much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 87.72%

I have recently switched to Ethernet connection on my computer so to increase my internet speed. But when i do a speed test on any speed test site, it always repeatadly freezes during the test and the speed goes up and down constantly. I should be getting 30mb internet but due to this strange problem i get an average of 7-11mb.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2156861063.png

you can see how unstable the internet is on wired connection.

I have turned my firewall off to try that and it made no difference. But i am think maybe Avast free 7 might be causing some problems.

I have also tried the same cable on a mac and a laptop and another pc and its fine so i am sure something on my PC is the problem :/

Relevancy 87.72%

Hi About weeks ago I noticed my internet connection DSL was much slower than usual My ISP Verizon assures me the problem is not on their end The download speed is as expected kbps but the upload speed Slow speed connection; download OK internet is just kbps and should be much higher than this They suggested there might be a spyware problem System info Dell Dimension GHz Pentium GB RAM GB HD Windows XP Pro SP running Norton Internet Security AdAware Free Anniversary edition Spybot Search amp Destroy HJT results below Questions Is the slow quot internet connection quot the result of the slow upload How can I fix the upload speed Do I have a malware problem Thanks -------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis Slow internet connection; download speed OK v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS Slow internet connection; download speed OK system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA EXE C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster Live -bit Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS system taskswitch exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIABA EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www jpl nasa gov news news cfm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http support dell com support top ty security c us amp cs amp l en amp s dhs amp appindex ds O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton Internet Security ... Read more

A:Slow internet connection; download speed OK

(bump)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-internet-connection-download-speed-ok.805214/
Relevancy 86.43%

Just so you know I m not My is and - connection and Speed Download just tricks? tips horrible! very good with IT mambo jambo nor am I very good at the techy part of computers but not completely retarded Anyway the problem These are my computer specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free My Download Speed and connection is just horrible! - tips and tricks? - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc G F None of that means too much too me but I know my laptop isn t very good when it comes too graphics etc Basically i ve just been on speedtest com and done a speed test this is my results -- I ve uploaded an image of the results I know my dad always mentions My Download Speed and connection is just horrible! - tips and tricks? too me that we are right on the outside of exchange so our speeds are limited too like mb s so is there anyway of getting this speed higher or finding out if BT will upgrade the exchange too make our speeds better Oh and when uploading too youtube a minute video gb roughly in size can take anywhere from mins - mins is this because of the connection or my laptop being useless or a combination of both So really i m in need of a lengthy explanation because im retarded haha Thanks guys nbsp

A:My Download Speed and connection is just horrible! - tips and tricks?

Best you could do with your connection speed is to probably
get some video editing software and scale down the video.
That is a huge file for just 10 minutes.
2 hour DVD movies are only 4.5 GB or 9GB.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-download-speed-and-connection-is-just-horrible-tips-and-tricks.1036867/
Relevancy 86.43%

Edited to Add I completed a line quality test at dslreports with dismal results http www dslreports com linequality nil I would greatly appreciate some help I run XP use IE Mozilla doesn t work either have AT amp T DSL the wireless has been very slow so I am directly cabled in to my Wire router modem I have been having difficulty downloading podcasts lately it s gone from bad to Speed Problem Solved: Podcast Download/Connection IE/DSL impossible I either get a network timeout hung buffering or it downloads maybe minutes of an hourlong podcast then closes The problem exists whether I try via itunes Win Media Player or Real Player The podcast servers are fine as I can tell in the podcast comments section no one else is having a problem it s my computer connection I ve tried tweaking some stuff in my network Solved: IE/DSL Podcast Download/Connection Speed Problem places and my computer properties related to performance security firewall buffering etc that seemed to work in the past but nothing Solved: IE/DSL Podcast Download/Connection Speed Problem is helping now Here are some of the diagnostics I ve run so far though what Solved: IE/DSL Podcast Download/Connection Speed Problem they mean is Greek to me Speed Test TCP Web Network Diagnostic Tool v a click START to begin Starting test of Connected to netspeed stanford edu -- Using IPv address Checking for Middleboxes Done checking for firewalls Done running s outbound test client-to-server C S kb s running s inbound test server-to-client S C kb s Your PC is connected to a Cable DSL modem Information Other network traffic is congesting the link S C Packet queuing detected click START to re-test More Details WEB Kernel Variables Client localhost CurMSS X Rcvbuf X Sndbuf AckPktsIn AckPktsOut BytesRetrans CongAvoid CongestionOverCount CongestionSignals CountRTT CurCwnd CurRTO CurRwinRcvd CurRwinSent CurSsthresh DSACKDups DataBytesIn DataBytesOut DataPktsIn DataPktsOut DupAcksIn ECNEnabled FastRetran MaxCwnd MaxMSS MaxRTO MaxRTT MaxRwinRcvd MaxRwinSent MaxSsthresh MinMSS MinRTO MinRTT MinRwinRcvd MinRwinSent NagleEnabled OtherReductions PktsIn PktsOut PktsRetrans RcvWinScale - SACKEnabled SACKsRcvd SendStall SlowStart SampleRTT SmoothedRTT SndWinScale - SndLimTimeRwin SndLimTimeCwnd SndLimTimeSender SndLimTransRwin SndLimTransCwnd SndLimTransSender SndLimBytesRwin SndLimBytesCwnd SndLimBytesSender SubsequentTimeouts SumRTT Timeouts TimestampsEnabled WinScaleRcvd - WinScaleSent - DupAcksOut StartTimeUsec Duration c sData c sAck s cData s cAck half duplex link congestion bad cable mismatch spd bw loss avgrtt waitsec timesec order rwintime sendtime cwndtime rwin swin cwin rttsec Sndbuf aspd CWND-Limited minCWNDpeak maxCWNDpeak CWNDpeaks The theoretical network limit is Mbps The NDT server has a KByte buffer which limits the throughput to Mbps Your PC Workstation has a KByte buffer which limits the throughput to Mbps The network based flow control limits the throughput to Mbps Client Data reports link is T Client Acks report link is T Server Data reports link is T Server Acks report link is T Tweak test Downloading file of size Failed to download Read timed out AT amp T Highspeed Throughput Test that I performed from the link on this site showed my download connection speed as a paltry kbps I did HiJackThis too results below Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Nhksrv exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor sdhelp exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Sophos SWEEP for NT SWNETSUP EXE C Program Files Sophos SWEEP for NT SWEEPSRV SYS ... Read more

Relevancy 86.43%

Back before I re-installed Windows I would get this message whenever I plugged my Ipod in quot hi speed USB device attached to a non hi speed hub quot and synching would take an absolute age The funny thing though is that my PC is high speed USB capable I ignored it for ages until I recently re-installed Windows Voila my problem was solved and when I plugged in my Ipod all was good I got no message and synching was as fast as it should be Until now I just plugged my Android phone in and Windows said it couldn t find drivers hub" speed attached to "High device speed a non USB high for it so I set it to automatically find them which it "High speed USB device attached to a non high speed hub" did As soon as it registered my phone I got the dreaded quot hi speed USB device attached to a "High speed USB device attached to a non high speed hub" non hi speed hub quot Now when I plug my Ipod in I m getting that message again and synching has gone back to a snails pace I went back and changed the quot Automatically find drivers quot back to the default setting it was on but that has changed nothing What s up here and how do I fix it I m using the same USB port the whole time and my PC is clearly capable of utilizing high speed it just seems that plugging in my phone has done something to screw it all up Any help would be MUCH appreciated as it will save me running off to work in the morning without my new podcasts cause synching is too slow Operating system is Windows bit It doesn t seem to be a hardware problem so I ll hold off on listing all of my specs unless something thinks it s important Thanks nbsp

A:"High speed USB device attached to a non high speed hub"

Is this a custom build or a store bought PC? Have you tried updating the Chipset / USB drivers?

If that doesn't work try going to Device Manager and Uninstalling the USB drivers (Windows will automatically Re install)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/high-speed-usb-device-attached-to-a-non-high-speed-hub.1018818/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi,
I have an HP laptop and am running XP Service pack 3, default browser is Firefox which is up to date.
My computer becomes very slow when I connect and download from the internet.
When using Process Hacker and clicking on the Network Tab, I find up to a dozen Firefox entries. I am able to close most of these entries, but they then just open up immediately, repeatedly.
In addition, when using Task manager, my CPU graph will show usage of say 50%, but when I look at the processes and the cpu usage there, it cold be as low as 2%.
Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
summers

A:Intenet connection being hijacked & my computer & download speed slow

Hello summersa,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
My name is fireman4it and I will be helping you with your Malware problem.

Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:
Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools.
   If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing.
   Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean".
In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Follow This Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Follow This Topic. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.

Finally, please reply using the Post  button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply, unless they do not fit into the post.
  I will be analyzing your log. I will get back to you with instructions.   Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.Please copy and paste log back here.The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/524212/intenet-connection-being-hijacked-my-computer-download-speed-slow/
Relevancy 85.57%

I have wireless internet through my cable provider. My signal strenght varies from 5 to 48 mbps on most days. Why isn't the signal consistent and what causes my internet to get so slow. Is there anything I can do...call my cable provider?

A:High speed internet not so high speed

"call my cable provider?"

No. You are mixing up some terms, but it doesn't sound like this is an ISP problem.

For now I'm going to assume that you have cable internet service and a wireless router. If not, please describe. If so, please post the brand and model of your modem and router (or modem/router combo).

Wireless signal strength is usually given in terms of "n bars out of 5" or "good," "excellent," etc. What is yours, and does it vary? How close is the PC to the router, and what obstructions are in the way?

When your bandwidth varies from 5 to 48mbps it could be an adapter or driver or router problem, but more likely is wireless interference. Are there other wireless networks on your same (or close) channel?

Some people first just try changing channels (in North America the non interfering channels are 1, 6 and 11) without trouble shooting to see if that helps.

If you are having difficulty determining the channels of the networks you detect use NetStumbler for help: www.netstumbler.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/high-speed-internet-not-so-high-speed.655330/
Relevancy 84.28%

so i ran a speed test with several different website and they all said my download speed is between 5 Mbps and 8 Mbps :

however when i actually download something my download speed stay at 1 Mbps or when i watch videos ( youtube )
i dnt have this problem with my phone !

thank u

A:download speed different from speed test

help help help why ??

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/37842-download-speed-different-speed-test.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Often wondered this? Does the speed you connect at dictate the constant running speed thereafter of surfing the Internet.
I connect @ 44,000 kbytes per second, but sometimes @ 42,000. When I notice the connection @ the latter speed, I often immediately disconnect and reconnect until I see that I have connected @ 44,000kbps.

Is this a pointless action, or does it warrant a beneficial difference to my downloading speeds after ive connected?

A:56k Connection speed & running speed

I would say no, you will not notice a difference, only when downloading a huge file, where it will take 10 minutes less.

So I'd say it's pointless. On paper you're only getting .25kB more throughput, which is negligible. It's at least not worth disconnecting and reconnecting.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/56k-connection-speed-running-speed.4340/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi there Low to Speed High Speed guys My PC use to boot up into windows within seconds now it takes about minutes I have a serious problem here Once in Windows everything takes long to load once opened I have used a numerous amount of programs ie Macro Virus on call Adware Alert Avast Trend Micro Housecall Remove It Pro Trojan Remover Norman Malware Remover and Finally Assasin By using the other programs I managed High Speed to Low Speed to remove a lot of things they picked up Housecall picked up trojans and some tracking cookies Assasin however picked up smss exe as a process with an unknown vendor and same for winlogon exe Other processes like lsass exe it picked up as Microsoft being the vendor which should have been the same for the earlier mentioned processes I don t know if that means anything Please Help guys and gals Regards Razzzr Here is the HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE F BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files AdwareAlert AdwareAlert exe C Program Files MacroVirus MacroVirus exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run ATICCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLIStart exe quot O - HKLM Run WinPatrol F BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe O - HKLM Run TrojanScanner F Trojan Remover Trjscan exe O - HKLM Run Assassin F Assassin assassin exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe quot O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - HKCU Run AdwareAlert C Program Files AdwareAlert AdwareAlert exe -boot O - HKCU Run MacroVirus C Program Files MacroVirus MacroVirus exe -boot O - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware F SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User Default user O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra co... Read more

A:High Speed to Low Speed

Cmon guys,

Please help me out here I'm desperate, I can hardly work on my PC anymore. Somebody please help.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/high-speed-to-low-speed.625216/
Relevancy 80.41%

Some days my XP is so slow to load websites that I have to restart my IP several times. Some days my IP loads just fine. Lately I have noticed that I have more problems in the afternoon. Could it be my high speed cable connection?

Relevancy 78.26%

Is it possible to increase the download speed from an ISP without using rubbish software which generally have Malware with it?

One word answers are not useful in this debate...
Be explicit and don't rant like I do!

A:Can you speed up download speed from ISP

Not it isn't, And none of those so called accelerators will either. The only way to get faster speed with your ISP is to get a faster package/connection if possible, or go with an ISP that offers faster connections.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/212929-can-you-speed-up-download-speed-isp.html
Relevancy 78.26%

im just wondering how can i make my downloads faster without getting one of the "tacky" download browsers that are not safesrry its 73.6 kbs per secEdit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/201286/how-can-i-speed-up-my-download-speed/
Relevancy 74.39%

hey folks this may be a hardware problem may be a software high 2.0? usb speed problem my daughter off to college in a couple of weeks just picked up a new i pod high speed usb 2.0? loaded the software problem is the instructions say that each time you plug in the i pod via a quot high power quot usb port the high speed usb 2.0? software will auto load transfer any new songs in the quot library quot that just doesn t happen i am wondering if i need to upgrade the usb controller everest says i have Peripherals Printer Acrobat PDFWriter Printer ActiveTouch Document Loader Printer hp officejet series fax Printer hp officejet series Printer PIC NT Fax Printer USB Controller VIA VT C PCI-USB Controller USB Controller VIA VT C PCI-USB Controller USB Controller VIA VT C PCI-USB Controller USB Controller VIA USB Enhanced Host Controller USB Device hp officejet series DOT USB USB Device hp officejet series USB Device USB Composite Device USB Device USB Printing Support looks like i have usb controllers and - usb enhanced host controller physically the computer has front jacks and rear jacks is one of them a high speed enhanced and the other usb s just puzzled so any help would be greatly appreciated thanks jake nbsp

A:high speed usb 2.0?

They're all USB 2.0 I would guess, that's the normal way they appear.

Try this:

Unplug ALL USB devices.
Open Device Manager.
View, Show Hidden Devices.
Uninstall all devices under USB Controllers.
Uninstall all devices under Storage Volumes. Say no to any reboot prompts until you are finished. Also, if a Storage Volume doesn't uninstall, ignore it and move to the next one.
If you have a yellow ? with unknown devices, uninstall all of the entries there as well.

When this is done, reboot TWICE.

Reconnect the USB devices and see if they're recognized properly.

FYI, here's what Everest says about mine, and I know they're all USB 2.0 ports

Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D25.1.0.1009
Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D45.1.0.1009
Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D75.1.0.1009
Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24DE5.1.0.1009
Intel(R) 82801EB USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 24DD5.1.0.1009
Logitech USB Camera (ClickSmart 310) 7.0.0.1221
USB Mass Storage Device 5.1.2600.0
USB Root Hub 5.1.2600.2180

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/high-speed-usb-2-0.369286/
Relevancy 74.39%

I created a thread before about how my devices wouldn't work with my USB, and I have come to the conclusion that my USB ports may not be high speed enabled. I did some research, but I was wondering how to enable them to be high speed...they are currently at 1.1 or something. Also, if I cannot enable them, I need help trying to update my BIOS.

A:High Speed 2.0 USB

If you have USB 1.1 you cannot change them to 2.0 through BIOS or software. You can install a USB 2.0 PCI Adapter like the example below (which is the one I use).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815108012

Easy to install, and can be found at Radioshack and other stores if you don't want to order online.

If you have USB 2.0 but only running at 1.1 you may need to install chipset drivers. What motherboard are you running, or if you don't know, then the model computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/high-speed-2-0-usb.584085/
Relevancy 74.39%

i am running on bell sypatico high speed edition,but i find that
it does not always run so fast.Is there any way of increasing my speed.Please help>

Relevancy 74.39%

Hi, i have a asus p6t mobo, with a i7 920 cpu and a asus engtx 260 gpu. when i connect to a lcd monitor via a dvi cable the cpu fan is quiet but when i connect to a 42" lcd tv using the supplied dvi to hdmi plug the cpu fan runs faster and louder this is from a cold start in both instances.any ideas.?

I have set the cpu fan in bios to silent and used turbo mode this seems to quieten the fan down, i have also used the asus epu6 engine to control the fan speed,(I initialy thought it was the gpu fan), I have monitored the temps and run various benchmarks nothing seems to be out of place or running to hot it is just when the tv is connected.

Cheers

Raz

A:high cpu fan speed

so normally on boot your cpu fan spins full speed , then as the bios kicks in fan speed control takes over , but with yours (and a tv connected) it stays at full speed after boot?

are you sure its the cpu fan and not your gpu fan? (sorry i have to ask )

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/101082-high-cpu-fan-speed.html
Relevancy 74.39%

how do i get high speed usb to work on my computer? i have windows xp with sp2 installed, and the usb ports on my computer say usb 2.0, but when i plug my external hard drive into it says that it is plugged into a non high speed port. i really need to back my stuff up but it just goes too slow. does anyone have any advice?

A:high speed usb

goto device manager

start>
control panel>
system>
hardware tab>
device manager button>

You can identify whether your PC has Hi-Speed USB

Device Manager and click on the Universal Serial Bus section.
There should be an "Enhanced" USB host controller present.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/high-speed-usb.554791/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi Guys,

I am about to purchase an external DVD burner, and on the spec it says High Speed USB connection. Does the USB port in my PC need to also be high speed? And if so, how can I tell if it is, before buying the burner?

A:High speed USB

What the specs mean is that you need a USB 2.0 port to run the device. Look in Device manager at your Universal Serial Bus Controllers entry and see if it says USB 2.0.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/high-speed-usb.601699/
Relevancy 74.39%

I just got a usb mass starage device i think thats what its called(flash drive) and when i plug it in it says that I need a High Speed Usb controller host(for it ti perform faster of course) I cant do this unless i have a high speed usb port right? Sorry i am so stupid?

A:High Speed USB

Plug it into another USB port.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/high-speed-usb-219583.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hey y'all I made this account just for my final try to fix this computer Anyways lets get to the point This is my first post also im not an expert on computers I do know a things though Ive tried so many things to fix this computer and I want to try something else Also please excuse me if I use incorrect names for something For Example SPEED HELP PLEASE CPU HIGH If i get programs services and processes wrong And again pardon my English Dell Inspiron M Laptop Ok so I think my problem was --- svchost exe --- I saw this when HIGH CPU SPEED HELP PLEASE I downloaded --- resource monitor --- which i feel like would be a good tool if i knew how to use it There will be a picture of svchost exe netsvcs as a program running Please Open Picture The problem is as you can see if the picture i attached is open that It is taking all my cpu speed If you would look at the Red circle that is the process I think And idk what I circled with blue All I know is if HIGH CPU SPEED HELP PLEASE i end process tree to svchost exe netsvcs I dont know what happens to them but I know when Svchost exe netsvcs comes back up after i end it the area where I circled the scroll bar becomes increasingly smaller Meaning I guess more and more things are coming back up under the svchost exe netsvcs making it use more cpu speed Idk like I said im not good with computers I will post my my dxdiag info as well AND IMPORTANT I Think this is very important About days ago I was stopping processes in Resource moniter and my Cpu finally came to an about - cpu speed high and low at idle I was happy but I was waiting for something to come back up NOTHING DID D So My game I play ran soooo smooth smoother than I ever remember Soooo I said to myself im not going to turn off my computer because I am afraid it will come back I just put my computer in hibernate for days However I turned it off forgetting about the issue Than my computer is laggy at start up and the dang thing is taking up all my cpu speed I Would be happy if i can just deo what I did before and have it to where its stopped until i re-startup I dont care if i have to do it everyday So witth this info what should be my next step in solving my problem EDIT When I suspend svchost exe Netsvcs My cpu speed drops down so fast when when it comes back up its - the whole time

A:HIGH CPU SPEED HELP PLEASE

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501386/high-cpu-speed-help-please/
Relevancy 74.39%

my son bought some DVD-R disks.
Sony 1x-16x compatible & although it says is "wide compatble", he did not notice the ultra small caution:-
".....new standard-high speed media, 2.1/16x-high speed dvd-r revision 6....."
When he could not record on his HP laptop he thought the drive was brocken.
He asked me to record for him on my PC & brought those DVDs.
I did not read the caution either & my DVD did not work.
So we busted both our drives from carelessness & ignorance.
Anything we can do to correct the drives or are they permanently lost?
Thanx .......nick

Relevancy 74.39%

I just recently bought an extra computer and moved my old one downstairs. I bought a wireless modem and router for the old one and when i plugged it in it said that my usb ports were not highspeed and that the modem recommended use with a highspeed usb port. My question is, is there anyway to buy an adapter of some sort that would change my lowspeed usb to highspeed or is there any way to buy and install a new highspeed usb (and if so, about how much)

A:high speed usb

You can buy USB 2 PCI cards quite cheaply. These are installed inside your PC.

Have no idea where you are so pricing is over to you, just use Google and look for USB 2 PCI card.

Its not possible to use "an adaptor" as the USB on your PC is likely USB 1.1, and you can't "speed it up" by attaching something downstream.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/high-speed-usb.192135/
Relevancy 74.39%

guys please help me , it happens when ever i want. i speed test from speedtest.net and i get speed 0.89 mbps ( which is good for me) but if i download something , down speed is 2 kb. if i play a video it buffes so slowly that it takes ahour.

1 thing more, this happened few days ago on my laptop, so i started using internet on my pc , this this stopped and i got high speed.. but now after some days it has started again

A:Speed test gives vey good speed but down speed is just 2-3 kb

Quote: Originally Posted by Hassnain

guys please help me , it happens when ever i want. i speed test from speedtest.net and i get speed 0.89 mbps ( which is good for me) but if i download something , down speed is 2 kb. if i play a video it buffes so slowly that it takes ahour.

1 thing more, this happened few days ago on my laptop, so i started using internet on my pc , this this stopped and i got high speed.. but now after some days it has started again

When comparing speeds, remember to divide your speedtest result by 8. 0.89 mbps is around 101KBps.

Download speeds depend on many factors, inclduing the modem/router, traffic through your ISP at the time, and the type of download, just to name a couple.

What type of download is it? Are they torrents? These can often be slow.

Are downloads slow from everywhere?

You mentioned video buffering; Do you have downloads going at the same time that you are trying to view a video? Are there other people sharing your connection (eg other family members)?

You didn't say if you had tried rebooting the router/modem, or if you had been in contact with your ISP. These would be among the first things to try.

As you haven't stated what you have tried, I'm going to assume none of the following have been tried. Apologies if you have tried/tested the following.

If you plug a phone into the same wall socket at your modem do hear any noise/static or is is sound quality very poor or low volume? These might indicate physical line problems, which your Telco would need to address.

It's also possible the equipment at your local exchange is in need of a reboot. This is often referred to as a "Port reset". Your ISP can do this for you.

Other things you can try is replacing the phone and ethernet cable (if you are connected by cable), or replacing the line filter if you have one. If you have multiple devices on your phone line remove everything except your modem/router.

If you have a DSL connection you know that the speeds will vary dramatically from one hour to the next. But 2KBps is poor in any situation.

Have you tried doing ping and tracert to various sites? You ISP may want this information to place a fault report with your telco.

copy and paste results into an email to your ISP

ping www.google.com -t (Stop it after a minute or so).
ping www.yahoo.com -t (Stop it after a minute or so).

tracert www.google.com

See how you go with the above. Get back to us if you get no joy from your ISP/Telco.

hth
Tanya

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/253197-speed-test-gives-vey-good-speed-but-down-speed-just-2-3-kb.html
Relevancy 74.39%

For some reason programs and files are taking a very long time to download (about 30 kbps), but youtube plays fine, I can go to any website and troubleshooting shows nothing wrong. I went to speedtest.net and I'm averaging about 12 mbps so files should be downloading fast.

At this point I'm stumped. This PC has a fresh install of Windows 7, up-to-date. It is a Dell OptiPlex 780.

I should have also mentioned that the Network drivers are also up-to-date.

A:12 mbps download speed, but programs take a long time to download

are you using torrents ? you might be throttled

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/363403-12-mbps-download-speed-but-programs-take-long-time-download.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello, My fan speed is constantly running 2000 RPM or higher, and it is really anoying and loud. Is this normal?? I checked the RPM with SpeedFan. /Jonas

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pav-15-ak002no-fan-high-speed/td-p/5684342
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello,

we have a problem with brand new Tecra S11 / Windows 7 64bit. The CPU fan is on noisy high speed when switching on and booting to Windows. No change after logon. Speed stays unchanged until going to suspend mode one time. After wakeup everything is OK.

For me it seems to be an issue with the firmware (BIOS). Updated to V1.70 but no change. Same issue with all S11 we have.

Any ideas?

Regards Stevep

A:Tecra S11 - CPU fan is on high speed

Hi Stevep_1,

Have you tested the different cooling options in Windows Power Management? Check it for every profile and select ?Battery Optimized? cooling.

Does this work?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?52572-Tecra-S11-CPU-fan-is-on-high-speed
Relevancy 73.96%

i install windows 7 ultimate 32 bit in my 3.0ghz cpu 1.5 ram 250gb hard disk 256 nvidia memory card...
i just notice that its fast but my cpu fan become noisy and the cpu speed is sometimes always in red..i just use internet explorer and watching movies...
is there any way to resolve this??? here is my spec:

A:CPU in Very high speed and noisy

What do you mean its in red? Do you have a utility showing you some read-outs? Does red mean high temp or high fan speed?

Anyway, it seems like your processor is heating up and the fan is trying to compensate. Reboot into bios, find PC health status or something similar, and find temperature. In what range is your CPU temp? 75 deg C or higher is not good!!!

Is your heatsink snugly fit to the processor? Test this with the unit off of course. The heatsink should be very tightly on.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/33402-cpu-very-high-speed-noisy.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Recently, something happened to my computer and a large amount of files were moved to documents and settings. Before this happened, my usb ports were recognized as hi-speed usb 2.0 ports. After this event, however, whenever i plug something into my usb drive, it tells me that"this usb device can perform faster if you connect it to a hi-speed usb 2.0 port". It then tells me to find one that is hi-speed, but all are listed as regular usb ports. Can anybody help me with this problem? Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/high-speed-usb-ports.678838/