Windows Support Forum

v weird wifi network issue....

Q: v weird wifi network issue....

Hi my connection to my wifi seems to drop and switches off after 20 mins -

I have checked the wifi drivers and they seem upto date -

Any other checks I can do?

thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: v weird wifi network issue....

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: v weird wifi network issue....

Hi lister,

Is this issue happening in your own wireless network?

Do you have the latest router firmware?

From your wireless computer pls. install and run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector[/URL].
Click on the 'Show Networks' to display all wireless networks on the xirrus icon on your desktop of if you have one running in a corner. Tap the Printscreen key on your keyboard, open up Paint then choose Edit from the Menu and select Paste, then SAVE it. Upload and attached it on your next post.

Also, in your computer's Device Manager locate your Wi-Fi adapter right click on it choose properties. Disable any Power Savings Mode in Power Management.

Please post an update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/144762-v-weird-wifi-network-issue.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello first of all network. with issue my Weird i have a router it s a dir- by d-link I have a speedstream as a modem I have pcs at home one of them beeing a laptop So here is my problem on my main machine that is directly connected to the router i get awful pings - on www speedtest net and about mb s speed Also when i play left dead on steam my ping varies a lot even within north american servers For example Weird issue with my network. i d have a ping on a server in Toronto Weird issue with my network. which is right next door While i d have a ping on a server in Florida which is pretty far I can t understand why it does that Anyways i did try on my older pc and on my laptop and i get very good pings from - and they are wireless And their speed is mb s I have ran a scan with Nod and with ad aware I have found nothing I also plugged the modem directly to the PC and it didn t do anything I changed the modem to another speedstream and it did not change anything I changed the ethernet cable between the pc and router too and still nothing I have no other ideas and i d appreciate some help Ramz nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

Hey everyone, I've been having a really weird problem here. I've been working as a sysadmin for a couple of years and this is probably the first time I've seen this. I'm currently working in a company which has a small 20-computer LAN. Now the issue is that a couple of the machines can't seem to log in or do any networking at all, but in one, this situation only happens in the morning and in the other it just happens in the afternoon. In the latter case, the only way to fix it was to move the computer to another location inside the company. Bear in mind that these problems are rather recent in computers that otherwise work perfectly. The machines run Windows 98 SE (the first one) and Windows ME (the second one) in a W2K Server Domain environment. Any help is appreciated.

Relevancy 60.63%

okay I live in an apartment and I dont have access to my router nor weird network issue my modem so I hope its something on my end that is wrong So basically I have a windows xp machine that is acting real weird when I try to log on to World of Warcraft It gets stuck on the connecting page I know this should be on the games forum weird network issue but I think this is a network or hardware issue not a game issue I have done all of their suggestions and none of theirs have worked so i am coming here I can surf the internet just fine but I can not ping the router nor any website i have a laptop that I dual boot into XP and Ubuntu and that can ping the router and websites I also have a Vista machine that can do the same BTW all these machines are wireless If you need more info just ask I can get it for you BUT PLEASE SOMEONE HELP i have been having this problem for about a week and a half Thanks Havack nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

on my hp desktop I'm runnin bit vista the icon on my taskbar that shows me when I'm connected to a network is now like stuck on the symbol it would show if I wasn't connected at all This has been goin weird network issue on for a few days now I have a linksys and I can connect to the internet on that computer What is frustrating about this problem is that I can't access like the network center anymore to access other wireless networks I've tried going through the control panel weird network issue double clicking the icon and the start button the window will pop up as a blank white screen and will just freeze from there and I can't do anything with it I've tried doing a system restore and that didn't weird network issue fix anything and the most recent thing I've installed was a proxy firewall cause I needed to use a specific ip to connect to a game I was thinking maybe that was the problem but I tried uninstalling that and the problem is still there also when I start up vista the HP advisor that used to come up still does but it says it has quot stopped working quot help much appreciated

A:weird network issue

*friendly, nonchalant, and no-rush bump*

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/weird-network-issue-198473.html
Relevancy 60.2%

So I have this weird issue with my network. I currently am using dsl and it has never caused me problems before. Now I noticed that it gets dropped randomly. The weird part is that it will have 0 download rate and as soon as I open my laptop (which automatically joins the network), the download resumes. I am talking about blizzard's downloader which uses p2p. My computer is wired to the router. It is also weird that when my laptop goes to sleep the network drops off. How do i fix this? Thanks in advance for the help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/super-weird-network-issue-467872.html
Relevancy 60.2%

i'm having a weird issue with my internet network(never had it before).

i just built a new desktop and install vista X64 ultimate on it (everything works fine), my wifes laptop has vista home premium X86.

for some reason when i reboot the desktop it kills my internet connection for both computers! it does come back after a short while maybe 2 -5 mins later after vista finishes booting up.

they are both set as home network computers. never had this issue before when my old desktop had XP Pro on it.

any ideas to try would be greatly helpful.

i have already unchecked IPv6 on both computer as i thought that was the issue but it still does it

oh yeah almost forgot when it does this i can still talk to both computers thru the network I.E. i can look at my desktop from her laptop and vise versa.

A:Weird issue with Internet Network ?

im guessing your using a LAN connection if that is the case
look at the router\modem when you reboot does the power go out there too

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/231892-weird-issue-internet-network.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hey!

I've recently upgraded to windows 8 and with it I got an issue, a few hours (sometimes days) after I start my PC up I become unable to load any internet pages it says "No data received", the odd thing being that if I'm on skype and playing online game these will still work fine even while I am unable to access any web pages. I've tried changing browser, IE, firefox and chrome, no effect. Troubleshoot problems also finds nothing wrong with it.

Any advice?

A:Weird network issue with win8

moved to network support

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG , Webroot etc

would you post the following tests when the internet is working OK, and then repeat ALL the tests when the internet disconnects.
Make sure you also indicate on the reply which tests are for what condition.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

This should also work for windows 8
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> type CMD to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

For Windows 8
to open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.

Type the following command
Ping {then a space and then add the number that is shown against the item labelled "default gateway" shown in the results from the ipconfig /all}
Post back the results in a reply here
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Quote:

For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router.
The next two Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet. google is to test by name and the ping test using a number is checking that a connectio... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/weird-network-issue-with-win8-674225.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello,I have notebook HP 240 G3  with Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter. I am using OS Windows 10 64 bit. My problem is,that wifi networks doesn't shown on my laptop. I have to re-install the wifi driver after every boot to make it work, but it works only for that session, after re-boot same problem. Could you please tell me what should i do? Notes:1. UEFI test of wifi module shown passed.2. All drivers are up to date(wifi driver version: 5.0.57.0).3. I've already re-installed window, but no luck. Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-network-issue/td-p/5657630
Relevancy 59.34%

Hey I am having a Build network in x64 Weird 7068 issue strange problem with one of three Windows computers on my network Let's say my network SSID is quot networkname quot So I have this laptop that I'm setting up on the network for the first time It successfully connects over wireless Weird network issue in Build 7068 x64 to quot networkname quot However after a few minutes the connection switches to local only No more Internet So I try troubleshooting it by disconnecting from and reconnecting to quot networkname quot Now the computer spends a full minute or two in the quot Identifying quot stage of connecting to the network When it's finally done it says I am connected to local and Internet but the connection is quot networkname quot And with that technically-incorrect name the laptop can no longer connect to my homegroup or view any network-shared files The other two Windows computers on the network one running Build and one running are able to create and join homegroups and share files and folders to each other just fine But none of these features are working now on the laptop I'm assuming due to the incorrectly reported SSID So how do I get Windows to drop the weird quot quot from the end of the network name and hopefully fix the networking issue Thanks - Phil

A:Weird network issue in Build 7068 x64

You'll have to delete the references to both networks (after removing the current network) by following the instructions at Annoyances.org - Eliminate 'Multiple Networks' and Get Your Internet Back in Windows Vista to get rid of them - see if they still apply to Win7 (I don't ahve multiple networks so I cannot verify for a fact that this works....

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/6734-weird-network-issue-build-7068-x64.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi guys I will try and explain my situation as clearly as possible from the get go so there isn't a ton of probing questions that need to be asked My computer specs are Operating System Windows Ultimate -Bit Build System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model GA- TA-UD BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor AMD Phenom tm II X Processor CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Display ATI Radeon MB Network Card D-Link Xtreme N Desktop PCI Adapter DWA- w latest driver v Network Card - Issue weird. Extremely My Situation Right now everything works great Network Card Issue - Extremely weird. But every time I restart my PC my network card wont connect to the router The SSID is displayed with full bars however when I try to connect I recieve quot limited connectivity quot and get the error quot Windows is unable to connect quot - http img imageshack us img step h jpg From here I need to re-install my network card Here's the weird part As I'm uninstalling the network card my connection is quickly restored to perfect functionality for - seconds until the un-installation completes When I re-install everything it works great until I reboot my PC Side note - When I formatted my computer this issue wasn't happening I began installing all my windows updates then it started again

A:Network Card Issue - Extremely weird.

Quote: Originally Posted by Neufy

Side note:
- When I formatted my computer, this issue wasn't happening. I began installing all my windows updates then it started again.

This makes me wonder if there's a Windows Update that is interfering with your network card driver. It's a pain, but you could start uninstalling the networking-related updates one-by-one ("Programs and Features/View Installed Updates") (reboot after uninstalling each one to check the issue). If it's an update, the issue will be resolved after you've uninstalled the right one(s). Or you could format/reinstall again and then update one-by-one, rebooting in between each, and see which one breaks it and uninstall that one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/288130-network-card-issue-extremely-weird.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hey guys First off I am sorry but I could not find anything using the search function so here I am I m having some weird problems up Solved: network and Weird start issue today When I start my windows xp bit sp I have to wait about minutes for quot User Name quot in task manager to show my name under processes tab Other than that when i go into My Computer it s a blank screen for about minutes same with the task manager user name problem with that flashlight icon hovering around the folder thingy Now I don t have any programs loading up during startup except NvCpl and smax pnp later being my sound card driver and I could not spot anything out of the ordinary in Processes tab in task manager I m trying to figure out what s causing this problem The windows that I have is a fresh instal from less than a week ago and it is pretty clean My main board is an ASUS Striker Extreme with ethernet ports connected to one of them is my router I know that router isn t the problem since I m using another computer and I Solved: Weird start up and network issue have perfect internet connection Wireless connection I have switched ports several times and it s the same story all over again Now Solved: Weird start up and network issue when I go into network connections I have icons Connection which is irrelevant and Local Area Connections and When I right click on any of them and click disable nothing happens even with multiple trys However if I try to click Enable the enableing box will open but nothing happens I couldn t even shut down the windows as the blue goodbye screen kept on saying quot Shutting down quot or something so I had to shutdown manualy It shuts down just fine if I don t enable the Local Area Connection That s it Didn t think it would take this much explanation but I just wanted to make everything clear I ll post my system specs if needed though I feel that it is not necessary nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

Yesterday my WiFi went out and I am trying to figure out why Short summary Windows never had any connectivity issues Landlord has the router Fios I have an Optimum Cable account if I need a WiFi back up or WiFi on the go The hardware WiFi to network issue: Connect Can't this to connect to WiFi are http www amazon com gp product WiFi issue: Can't Connect to this network B WXSO psc WiFi issue: Can't Connect to this network amp redirect true amp ref oh aui detailpage o s http www amazon com gp product B GR YI psc amp redirect true amp ref oh aui detailpage o s primary adapter I have had the two adapter set up for a while now and never had an issue with conflicting hardware issues I have used the Fios router ever since I moved in the place using both Windows and with no issues However now I cannot connect to either the Fios and Optimum accounts anymore I have disabled all adapters and enabled one at a time nothing I have uninstalled all adapters rebooted the PC and reinstalled nothing I have physically taken the adapter out of the PC and reinserted the card nothing I have moved the antenna adapter to different USB slots nothing I do not have access to the Fios router so I cannot to a hard reset I do not have an ethernet connection I did not receive any Avast alerts at all before or after the disconnect Landlord said he did not change any of the Fios settings including the passcode I am at work and will not be able to do any fixes until I get home tonight I have run out of ideas Whe I get home I will run a visus scan and Malware Bytes scan just to be certain but I find it odd that both adapter will not allow me to connect anymore Edit Just found this thread and will post my results in the morning https forums techguy org threads cant-connect-to-this-network I also use both the Windows and Avast firewall They have never conflicted before and I have not had any issues with them running nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

Greetings network home (packet HELP!!!! issue Weird loss?) gents I ve been having this issue with my home LAN for a week now I ve tried pretty much everything I know and still it doesn t even seem to resolve a bit So I come here hoping to find the real experts who can Weird home network issue (packet loss?) HELP!!!! remedy my agonizing problem My OS is Windows XP Pro SP I ve run Avast and Adware to make sure I am not infected by anything My ISP is Comcast There are desktop computers mine is one of the and VoIP phone connects through a white Netgear -port wireless router to the Motorola modem There are also addition desktop computers downstairs laptop computer and a Wii console that are connected through wireless All the devices have connections except mine The weird part about it is there is a working IP address not the private one but actual x x assigned to my system by DHCP I could ping to the router Google Yahoo and CNN com without any problem But when I try to sign on to MSN Messenger or AIM or open up Internet Explorer or Firefox to browse the web I get no connections at all The messengers would attempt to connect for a while before it quits and the web browsers would show the little sand clock and the progress bar trying to connect but eventually returns with quot web site not found quot page Since everything looks so normal I did notice one thing that might be the cause of this loss of connection When I opened up my local connections and looked at the packet activity status I m seeing a large and fast increment of Sent packets and barely anything for the Received packets the Sent packets increases by approximately packets sec and every or packets sent there is only packet received and it gets slower and slower for the Received as this quot activity quot lasts I have tried power cycling the modem and router and my desktop I shutted down my computer and unplugged both the modem and the router then I waited for seconds to plug the modem back on waited til all lights are solid lit then plugged the router back on and then turned on my system Same problem persisted I ve then tried cloning my MAC address to the router as suggested by one of the friends but it just killed the whole home LAN I ve tried the winsock solution as well both the netsh gt reset under command prompt and the Winsockxpfix exe application Didn t fix anything I ve even tried going into my network adaptor to change the connection to BaseT half duplex got it from some site as a solution for packet loss still nothing It has been a week now and I ve really ran out of things to try I ve contacted Comcast and when the guy tries to refer me to Microsoft I gave up hope on them Please help me nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

I am having an issue at my place of work with a laptop Background information We Windows (WIFI involved) network issue have an MPLS network between each office so we are on the same network Each office has a Server Domain Controller Windows network issue (WIFI involved) that runs a DHCP server providing that office with IP addresses So one office has a x Windows network issue (WIFI involved) IP and another office may have a x IP We have static Windows network issue (WIFI involved) persistent routes setup on the domain controllers in each office to force anything going to the other xx xx office to go out the MPLS router address of xx Every office has a variety of Linksys WRT G model routers all setup the same for SSID wireless security and such and are just used as access points instead of routers My problem is that I sent a laptop from the x network over to the x network and am unable to ping said laptop Cannot ping from that offices Domain Controller or my machine I cannot ping the netbios name or the IP address I looked in the Windows DHCP server Address Leases and that laptop has a record and an IP The logged in user is only a Domain User so they cannot run ipconfig release or renew or repair their wifi connection The user is however able to connect to our terminal server in another office the one I am trying to ping from just fine I have done the following to try resolving this issue Reboot the machine Disable Re-Enable the wifi on this Dell laptop using FN F Run ipconfig flushdns then reboot There is no firewall between the offices on the MPLS network There is no Windows firewall enabled on the wireless adapter Any ideas nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-network-issue-wifi-involved.721940/
Relevancy 57.19%

Product name : HP Pavilion Notebook - 14-n201TX    Operating System : Windows 8.1 Using mobile access point i'm trying to connect to the internet in Laptop. After the Device is connected  it is showing as "The connection is limited" so not able to connect to inernet. In Network and charing centre also device is present but "No internet access" message is shown above. Currently the network driver is Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter. I tried with other network adapters present, but no luck.  Please help me to solve this issue.

A:Limited access Wifi network connectivity issue in HP pavilio...

Hello sanchi, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I understand that your notebook is having difficulty connecting to your wireless network, and I would be happy to assist you in this matter! Since you have attempted to connect with different network adaptors, I recommend following this document on Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8). This should help re-establish the connection between your notebook and the network. For further assistance, I will need to know:The model of the router you are attempting to connect to.How far away this router is from your notebook.If this is a recent, or on-going issue.Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, as well as the requested information above. I look forward to your reply!Regards  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Limited-access-Wifi-network-connectivity-issue-in-HP/td-p/4067304
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi there I recently had to replace my laptop due to some accidental and have now been given a Fujitsu-Siemens Lifebook It s the second one I ve had as the first gave up the ghost My problem is that I have an existing Wifi network with a wireless desktop PC network new working issue on Renewing address and WiFI exisiting for IP laptop a wireless work laptop and a Linksys Wireless Ethernet bridge for my PS used to use it with the work laptop My ADSL router is a Linksys All works fine for the other PCs but my new laptop just won t connect to Renewing IP address issue for new laptop on exisiting and working WiFI network the internet The error message saying cannot renew IP address I had the same problem with the first replacement Lifebook I Renewing IP address issue for new laptop on exisiting and working WiFI network think I solved it by updating the Firmware on the router There haven t been any new firmware updates and this is the same model as the previous laptop Using WEP encryption rather than WPA as can t seem to get the right firmware for the bridge I m now stuck Can anyone help Cheers nbsp

A:Renewing IP address issue for new laptop on exisiting and working WiFI network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/renewing-ip-address-issue-for-new-laptop-on-exisiting-and-working-wifi-network.677966/
Relevancy 50.74%

When i was using windows 8 the wifi was good and would never get disrupted.But i updated to windows 8.1 and now when am downloading something the wifi gets disconnected and wont show the network even if the router is on and my phone is still connected to it.I have to toggle the wifi on and off for some 6-7 times and then toggle airplane mode on and off for 3-4 times to get it to discover the network.Is this because of the adapter or driver and my laptop has a ralink wifi adapter.What should i do?Thanks

A:Windows 8.1 wifi issue ralink wifi adapter and envy 15t j001...

Goutham, Welcome to the HP Forum. You might try the following Ralink driver for Windows 8.1 :sp63945 Mediatek - alink 802.11 WiFi Adapter V5.0.34.0 - Win 8.1 [Devices] (Hardware Ids)PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5390="Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539F="Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3592="Ralink RT3592 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090="Ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539A="Ralink RT5390R 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539B="Ralink RT5390R 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3290="Ralink RT3290 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter"PCI\VEN_14C3&DEV_7630="Mediatek MT7630E 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter "Your computer's webpage does show a few drivers for Windows 8.1:HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j001tx Notebook PC Drivers  Hope this helps. Click the Kudos Star!It is a great ?Thank You? to the HP Experts who are here to help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Windows-8-1-wifi-issue-ralink-wifi-adapter-and-envy-15t/td-p/3117459
Relevancy 50.31%

I upgraded my friends HP laptop to Windows The issue now is I can't enable Wifi The card is recognized correctly in Device manager and no issues is found with it It looks like it is fine However in the Network Settings WLAN is set to quot Off quot and when I try to turn it on it always jumps right back to off eg I can't enable it HP is now help as they clearly state enable Upgrade Win10 after WiFi Can't Issue: Dreaded WiFi any laptop bought prior to specific date in will not get any driver updates from their side for windows Guys never buy HP again please And updating through device manager only tells me it's the newest driver available The Wifi card i Broadcom GN card I searched for win drivers but did not find anything They only offer linux drivers on their homepage So can anyone either provide a solution to the issue or link to a win ' driver for this wifi card

A:Dreaded Win10 WiFi Issue: Can't enable WiFi after Upgrade

I had a similar issue were I was stuck in Aeroplane mode on a cleanly installed W10. Turned out I had to uninstall it from the HID's in Device manager. It's worth checking that he's not stuck in it too. Search for drivers in Windows 7, from the HP website and you'll most likely resolve the issue.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/42424-dreaded-win10-wifi-issue-cant-enable-wifi-after-upgrade.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have issues connecting home specific to my issue and wifi Wifi laptop my Laptop to the Wifi router in my house however there are no issues connecting to other routers You would therefore assume that the issue lies with Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi the router at my house However every other device and laptop connects to the router at my house with no issues at all So it seems to be specific to the combination of my laptop and the router at my house I have been having these issues ever since I downloaded Windows I fixed it initially by downloading an old driver for the Wifi on my laptop This fix lasted for about months but since the latest windows update the issue has come back The issue is intermittent wifi where it shows I Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi am connected to the Wifi but then the internet doesn't work It says quot DNS probe cannot be found quot when running troubleshooter and then it resets the wifi on my laptop This can temporalily fix it sometimes for seconds Sometimes for hours But then the issue comes back Does anyone have any clue what the issue might be or how I might fix it Sometimes when I run the troubleshooter it says that I have missing protocols But then this doesn't happen every time I have tried a variety of fixes that I have read up on Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi in forums but none seem to work permantly One thing I haven't tried is a clean install of windows which is something I am very reluctant to do and also have my doubts as to whether it would actually resolve the issue Many thanks Joe

A:Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi

It all depends on location, location, location. Some Gateways are just garbage. If you are not getting a strong enough signal, get an Access Point. Also you need to make sure that you are not on a congested channel, which is usually Channels 6 & 11 for 2.4 Ghz units.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/44081-wifi-issue-specific-my-laptop-home-wifi.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi there

This USB Wifi adapter seems to be a MEGA performer --Lovely finally to be able to THINK of getting rid of LAN cables all over the place.

I've no probs with decent HD Movie streaming from a SERVER with one of these (I unplugged the LAN and inserted the USB Wifi adapter into a USB3 slot --note this needs genuine USB3 to work at proper speed). My Home router can deliver 802.11ac so no probs there.

Brilliant piece of kit and NO MORE CABLES !!!!!!. Wifi will soon be able to deliver comparable speeds to LAN especially for HOME networks. !!!

Here's the UK Link but is available in US and Europe. In any case it's delivered (in my case) by Amazon S.A.R.L (Luxembourg) so no tax !!!. even though I ordered from UK web site --they will ship outside UK tax free.

USB-AC56 | Networking | ASUS UK

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38950-finally-can-retire-wired-network-wifi-usb-ac56-wifi-802-11ac.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all,                                     We are a group of students in an university from Argentina. We get  HP nootebooks to make a laboratory. But we have a big problem with the low WIFI signal. We found a post were the issue is solved the with the same model: HP 240 G4: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WIFI-Drivers-Needed-for-HP-240-g4-328T... Our problem is that the URL is not avialable anymore for download the driver. We tried to contact to HP support or Paul Tikkanen but we dont have any responses yet.   PLEASE HELP US!!!THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE!Juan from Universidad Nacional de La Matanza Buenos Aires Argentina

A:WIFI Drivers Needed for HP 240 g4 - wifi issue not getting c...

Hi: It appears that HP has removed that driver I posted from the support site. See if this one works for you... This package provides the Broadcom Wireless LAN drivers for supported notebook models running a supported operating system. Broadcom Wireless LAN drivers are required to enable the integrated Broadcom Wireless LAN adapter. Released: Mar 16, 2016Version 7.35.344.0 Rev.A File name: sp75249.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WIFI-Drivers-Needed-for-HP-240-g4-wifi-issue-not-getting/td-p/5622667
Relevancy 48.16%

My laptop is "HP G62 Notebook PC". It was working fine with Wifi last three years. Now, although the wifi network is detected it is not connecting...when I select the Wifi network and enter the wifi password it is not connected.. tried changing "roaming sensitivity" setting too..but not successful..........reinstalled the driver (ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter) too, but not working.....Internet is working using the LAN cable......Please help..............I REINSTALED WINDOWS AND THE WIFI RECOGNIZED ITSELF AS WIFI A/B/G BUT THE SAME HAPPENED I PUT DRIVES FROM HP BUT NOTHING HAPENED THE SAME PROBLEM AGAIN DOES IT HAS DATE OFF EXPIRE? WIFI CARD ID IN BIOS IS VQF-RT3090BCT HP S.............. AGAIN  

A:HP G62 Notebook Wifi not connecting although wifi network de...

Hi, You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue. 1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on. 2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers and restart the unit and check if the light turns on. 3) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website. 4) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well.  Let us know how it goes!  ****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks********Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

I am an HP Employee.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-G62-Notebook-Wifi-not-connecting-although-wifi-network/td-p/5774759
Relevancy 48.16%

A few day before the wifi disappers, my laptop had started to lag every few seconds. I tried to find a solution for this problem, but it was of no avail. After the last time I restarted it, it did not recognize any wifi or network. the upper keys have all stopped working, and the screen has become very bright. Moreover, troubleshooting does not recognize any problem.I'd appreciate any help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/My-wifi-has-completely-disappeard-and-no-network-or-wifi/td-p/5845674
Relevancy 48.16%

My laptop is "HP G62 Notebook PC". It was working fine with Wifi last three years. Now, although the wifi network is detected it is not connecting...when I select the Wifi network and enter the wifi password it is not connected.. tried changing "roaming sensitivity" setting too..but not successful..........reinstalled the driver (ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter) too, but not working.....Internet is working using the LAN cable......Please help.............. 

Relevancy 47.3%

I have been using fiber broadband for the past 2 years with the wireless security setting "Mixed WPA2/WPA-PSK." There were no problems for 2 years.
Suddenly, on October 11, 2015, all wireless devices (laptops, phones and tablets) failed to connect. Phones and tablets would show "authentication problem" and the laptops would just not connect to the same network (Windows was unable to connect message).

The only way to access the network wirelessly and still have a measure of security was to use WEP shared with a network key.

The local ISP sent 4 technicians and changed the router 4 times, but could not solve this problem. Each time they came on-site and set the router to Mixed WPA2/WPA-PSK, wireless connection was alright until they left my home. After that, no amount of troubleshooting could get the wireless connections up, unless I reverted to WEP shared.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-wifi-problem.1165615/
Relevancy 47.3%

Ok my st time here seemed like a good place for some advice My basic problem i m connected to a network and it seems to be changing its security type jumping from WPA -PSK to WEP I m using this same wifi Activity Weird Wifi antenna What s weird is no other detectable network does this my pc s network access menu only rarely shows the change from wpa -psk to wep but I did get inSSIDer for checking this thing and it does show its changing security types about every minute or so The other strange thing it would never let me Weird Wifi Activity connect at all with just entering the key only by manually making a network sometimes it shows full bars others like now when i m typing it shows a red X over the icon I went and checked for any strangeness but can t find anything in there but it is broadcasting separate frequencies and GHz at the same time I can see that both frequencies are set to use WPA -PSK with the same password but different SSIDs The noticeable thing is when it has the red X the internet seems slower and tends to just not let anything after the st few minutes of using the net Any ideas what s going on with this stuff i ve never seen any network do this And yes i m on neighbors wifi and they do know i m poking around any help would be appreciated P S I can do screenshots if needed appropriate nbsp

A:Weird Wifi Activity

howdy and welcome. Whether or not the neighbor knows about your using their wifi is immaterial, as it's the ISP that makes the call as to whether or not it's legal. And ISP's do not allow that, unfortunately, so I'm going to have to close this one up.

thanks for understanding,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-wifi-activity.1158866/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello,

When I open the Wifi screen thingie, everything works just fine. There is just one thing, I don't get the number behind "Wi-Fi"

Anyone does get it?

Screenshot: http://snag.gy/hBuiE.jpg

Lassieman

A:Weird number behind Wifi

Well you appearantly have 3 different wifi connections created.

Go to Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Center -> Change Adapter Settings and you'll see the different Connections available. Determine which one is redundant or leave them be as it's not really hurting anything.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/16544-weird-number-behind-wifi.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have an Edimax wireless router and I ve noticed pretty soon that my communication in the local network is really REALLY slow wifi problem Weird below mbps I tried to replace the router times I configured the wireless channel to scanned and found that it was the only channel Weird wifi problem that none of my neighbors used and Weird wifi problem updated the firmware Even tried to disable the encryption but nothing Checked it on more than one computer there are computer connected through wifi to the network but the transfer between all of them is really slow It starts at mbps at the best and gets slower every second sometimes even below kbps The communication over the internet by the way is definitely fine I have mb connection and I m able to download at mbps which is faster than the local network Also one of the computers here is being used as a server but currently XP is installed on it The really weird thing is that many times I can t access it even ping it using the computer-name but if I tried ping it using it s IP address AND THEN tries to ping it using the computer s name - it works I have no idea why This is really annoying and I ll be thankful for any idea Thanks in advanced nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I am using ethernet for internet access n that s Weird adapter WiFi all fine I downloaded connectify-me free for hotspot for my mobile and that was also fine but a few months back connectify was showning that there was no wifi Weird WiFi adapter adapter in my laptop I checked device manager and network connection ncpa cpl Weird WiFi adapter that there was no wifi adapter so downloaded wifi adapter driver from hp center i couldn t find windows version so i downloaded after restarting my laptop that wifi was ok but again after few days same problem occured i tried to reinstall the driver but this time that not worked thereafter the wifi adapter vanishes automatically sometime for - days sometime for - min and also shows up automatically and it s ok for next days I tried many things searching the problem on internet and finally i upgraded windows but the problem still exists PLEASE HELP ME TO OVERCOME THIS my laptop s ethernet is fine so i can use internet I am currently using windows -bit operating system ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name chinu-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address D -D - - - A- A DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b a aff Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E- A- F-D -D -D - - - A- A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d abd c b b Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe c b b Preferred Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E- A- F-D -D -D - - - A- A NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap E C - D - BE -A E -ABE BB A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-wifi-adapter.1169978/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi HP forum, I have recently bought HP 15-ac650TU model laptop, I am using Ubuntu 14.04, from the first day I am facing issues with wifi, below are my issues. wifi signal is weak (always shows 2 points)wifi is disconnecting after sometime, reboot is required to connect to wifi againUnable to find other wifi device list only my wifi device is shownwifi is not connected if my laptop is not near to wifi router, only connected when my laptop near to wifi routerPlease advise me to resolve these wifi issues Thanks in advance -Sankar

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-issue-WiFi-is-disconnected-in-between/td-p/5769317
Relevancy 46.87%

Ok I have a HP g - D US laptop and it has worked fine until recently At my high school there are WiFi networks I have access to A guest network a student network and the network for college next door I used to be able to connect to all of them but then one day in the blue early November I think I just couldn t connect Windows would say Weird Problem Solved: Wifi unable to connect I can still connect to my home network and wifi broadcasted by my phone The one thing I did notice is the wifi networks I can Solved: Weird Wifi Problem t connect to are Ghz and the ones I can are Ghz I have tired downloading the HP connection manager re-installed OS when I first got the laptop and it fails to open I have reinstalled driver like million times and tired every version on the internet The only thing I haven t done is an OS re-install which it needs badly but frankly I don t have time between my large amount of school work for my IB Diploma and Technology Student Association I really need to use the internet at school Thanks for your help in advance - Aaron nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi All My son has recently started experiencing difficulties with the wifi card on his Toshiba laptop and I thought I d post the details here to see if anyone has any pointers as to what may have happened and what I might be able to do about it So the story goes One day last week he my lad calls me up and says his wifi card Linksys card in the PC Slot is no longer wifi Weird networking problem working and is not connecting to my home wifi setup It had been working fine Weird wifi networking problem for the months prior to this When I got home I could see that the power light on the wifi card was not coming on and the usually flashing network light was also not on I guessed that the wifi card had died so I inserted my own wifi card also LinkSys and the same thing happened to that i e both the power lights and network lights flashed momentarily then went out Zappo no connection was made at all So I decided to try my daughters USB wifi card in my sons laptop The same thing happened to that i e the power and network lights flashed momentarily then they both go out and no connection is made to the network As a final resort I decided to use a network cable directly from my LinkSys router to the network port of my sons laptop This worked fine and he was able to send receive email and browse the net no problem Using XP s device manager I removed the PCMCIA drivers and all other network drivers then rebooted just in case it was anything to do whis this - but to no avail I m afraid The drivers all got reinstalled automatically by XP but the wifi card is still not working My sons card does work in my laptop however so it isn t a damaged LinkSys wifi card Weird eh anyone have any ideas please or do I have to take back to the store on guarantee nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Howdy,

I'm definitely a neophyte when it comes to understanding the technical aspects of WiFi... Only recently did I start looking at how my WiFi router (Netgear WGR-614v8) is performing compared to others in the area.

I have a WiFi analyzer program on my HTC Evo mobile and the signal that my router is emitting looks different than any other WiFi router that I've ever seen before.

In the attached picture my router is in blue and my neighbor's is in red.

See how mine seems to be on and then off and the back on again?

Does anyone know if that is normal and why my router has a vastly different signal structure than the other one?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Doug

A:Weird signal from my WiFi router...

that appears to be a square wave, not a signal that's turning on and off. I don't know what app you're using, so I have no clue why your display is what it is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/119349-weird-signal-my-wifi-router.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi there all nbsp I have some issues with my HP Envy -ah sa laptop wifi nbsp Intel R Dual Band Wireless-AC nbsp I used to use it in my room where it's always connected to AC and I had no problems until decided to take it to another room nbsp Few minutes after disconecting AC cable the exclemation mark appeared next to wifi icon Though it shows as still CONNECTED connectivity WiFi weird HP 15 Envy but there is no internet Chrom browser starts not respond and so on and on nbsp I have to disconnect wifi HP Envy 15 weird WiFi connectivity reconnect again And it works fine for around two minutes and it's HP Envy 15 weird WiFi connectivity all over again Browser freezes exclemations mark and so on nbsp Basicaly it looses connection every time I disconnect AC cable nbsp So after I realised that the issue is unpluged AC cable now I always have to connect it to AC in order to be able to use wifi connectivity nbsp It's a bit anoing nbsp because it looses it's point of beeing portable nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Envy-15-weird-WiFi-connectivity/td-p/5787856
Relevancy 46.87%

Whenever I turn on my laptop, my wifi works most of the time, but sometimes, it keeps on disconnecting the internet, then automatically connect again. Sometimes, it is only "Local Only" then switches to Local and Internet. It keeps on doing this everytime!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/297781-wifi-internet-connection-being-weird.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello,

I have a weird problem with the wifi I connect to in my office studio.

I keep getting disconnected =(

I know my connection is stable because the wifi signal icon in my taskbar (I am running windows 8) does not have the exclamation point and I do not have the same problem with my other desktop and ipad connected to the same router.
I do a quick fix by disconnecting and reconnecting again and this solves the problem.

I have recently changed ISPs and I had the same problem for both of them.

I also bring my laptop home from work and I do not have the problem at home. Only in the studio and only on my laptop.

I am running Windows 8.1 on an Asus X550Z notebook.

Hope you guys can help!

Thanks so much in advance!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-problem-with-wifi-keeps-getting-disconnected.1156662/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi there all nbsp I have some issues with my HP Envy -ah sa laptop wifi nbsp Intel R Dual Band Wireless-AC nbsp I used to use it in my room where it's always pluged into the AC and I had no problems until decided to take it to another room nbsp Few minutes after disconecting the AC cable the exclemation mark appeared next to wifi icon Though it shows as still CONNECTED but there is no internet Chrom browser starts not to respond and so on and on nbsp I have to disconnect wifi behavior weird HP 15 WiFi Envy reconnect again And it works fine for around HP Envy 15 weird WiFi behavior two minutes and it's all over again Browser freezes exclemations mark and so on nbsp Basicaly it looses connection every time I disconnect AC cable nbsp So after I realised that the issue is unpluged AC cable now I always have to connect it to AC in order to be able to HP Envy 15 weird WiFi behavior use wifi connection nbsp It's a bit anoing nbsp because it looses it's point of beeing portable nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Envy-15-weird-WiFi-behavior/td-p/5787856
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm just curios, when looking at the list of WiFi connections available to connect to in WIN7, I see one that says: DeviceSerialNumberLogger.

Any idea what this is?

A:Weird thing showing up in available WiFi connections

Could be that somebody in your area assigned an SSID of DeviceSerialNumberLogger to their WiFi router or access point.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-thing-showing-up-in-available-wifi-connections.1123660/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I have a wireless adsl router in preparation for broadband arriving in our area soon long story and have some questions Network help!?!? Wifi Wifi Router / I have a laptop with wifi card and want to setup a home network with this and my PC plugged-in via LAN Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? cable to the router laptop is XP PC is Win Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? K I can t seem to get this to work one minute the PC can see the laptop in network neighbourhood and then the other way round but I can never access shared directories on either is there a good guide somewhere to Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? set this up Also shouldn t I be able to use the router from the PC as if it were a wifi card i e on the laptop once the wifi card is plugged in it displays all wifi networks in the area and their signal strength etc how can I do this using the router PC With the laptop I can connect to our neighbours wifi router and use their bradband connection but I want to do the same from the PC is that possible Thanks in advance all P S router is a D-Link DSL- nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Okay, usually when you hover over the networks listed and available from the taskbar icon, you get a nice little window with a few helpful tidbits of info for each listed network when you mouse action hover over the names. It tells you the encryption type, and the SSID, plus a few other details.

Well, on my computer, the information is appearing behind the list to where I can't read it. The network list is overlapping on top of the hover info. Talk about annoying. I searched for various things on google, with no luck. I tried:

Windows 7 network list obscuring hover details, and various other combinations to no avail. Anyone here have a clue what might be breaking this? I'd like the hover details to appear properly so I can read it. In the meantime I've installed the free version of Acrylic Wifi to work around the issue. Thanks.

A:Wifi Network info/details appearing behind Network List on hover.

The problem must be driver based or an add-on program because I don't get any of that. All I get is the name and whether it's connected or not. Check that your adaptor driver is up to date and/or the program you use to display the data is up to date.

Forgot to mention:
Dell adds "bloatware" to their PCs to "improve the user's experience" so I would check Dell Support for your specific model and look for updates.

Dell Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/366682-wifi-network-info-details-appearing-behind-network-list-hover.html
Relevancy 46.01%

PRODUCT: HP Chromebook 11 G4S/N: 5CD5515QDCGoogle Chrome OS Version 50.0.2661.103Platform 7978.74.0Firmware Google_Kip.5216.227.25 This device is frustrating my spouse to no end.  It keeps dropping our home wifi network connection.  I have to shutdown power, wait, and power back on and it refreshes.  This is annoying. I am seriously considering returning this device.  The whole point of this purchase was stability and ease of browsing and light internet use.  Frustration is not part of the purchase.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Network-Connection-Error-Dropped-Home-WiFi-Network-only-on/td-p/5638654
Relevancy 46.01%

This is a good one Sorry for the length I have an ASUS motherboard in my home-built machine It has regular PCI PCI-E X and X slots I use a D-Link WDA- PCI wireless card and has been working great in the past and card) interference problem video (WiFi Weird few months with WPA encryption to my D-Link router I also have an ATI All-In-Wonder PCI-E X card and has been working great as well I Weird interference problem (WiFi and video card) decided to change to an NVidia card because I don t want the TV Tuner built-in the ATI anymore since I am getting a satellite TV tuner instead and I don t want to have two tuners in the same machine Now here s the problem As soon as I installed the NVIDIA card my wireless card stopped working I mean the wireless card will find the signal and often times will quot connect quot and get an IP from my router but when it comes to using the internet there s no data transfer at all I tried to ping my router and I only got quot Request time out quot messages in the CMD window Sometimes I would get a VERY high reply time like ms or ms normally I should get reply Weird interference problem (WiFi and video card) times about only ms but most of the times it times out I took out and reseated both cards and I saw some improvement but still very bad ping times Yes my wireless card Weird interference problem (WiFi and video card) antenna was securely connected and my signal strength was Excellent the whole time My laptop sitting right next to me would have no problems at all trying to ping my router so the router is not the problem here I started touching and pushing my Nvidia card in the slot while I looked at the ping times and I noticed how the ping times fluctuated from very bad to good depending on the position of the card I guess Without a screw securing the Nvidia card I was able to play a bit with it The Nvidia card is two slots away from my wireless card so I figured I would separate them more I have another PCI-E slot in my motherboard so I tried that and put the wireless card in the PCI slot furthest away from the Nvidia card Still didn t make a difference Bad ping times all the time So I decided to put my ATI card back in the computer and removed the Nvidia card Now the wireless card was happy again and ping times were fine around ms I went back to the Nvidia card just to confirm and once again my ping times were screwed up in the ms range or timing out Now here s the interesting part I took both my Nvidia card and my wireless card and installed both of them on a different computer a Gateway machine with a Core Duo on an Intel motherboard I was expecting the same problem to happen but it didn t The wireless card was happy ping times were great and the Nvidia card was working fine I am getting a replacement of the Nvidia card just to see if it makes a difference What the hell could be happening here Why is the Nvidia card causing problems with my wireless card only in my computer but not in another computer nbsp

A:Weird interference problem (WiFi and video card)

Well, here's the happy ending to my story. After exchanging my NVidia card for another, and also updating the BIOS and upgrading all the motherboard, chipset, NVidia and D-Link drivers to their latest versions and realizing none of these solved the problem, I decided to change my wireless card.

I exchanged my D-Link WDA-2320 PCI wireless card with someone who has a Linksys WMP54G PCI card and problem solved! My D-Link card lives happy in his machine, and his Linksys card is happy with the NVidia card in my computer!

Lesson learned: Some combinations of hardware just don't get along!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-interference-problem-wifi-and-video-card.629938/
Relevancy 45.58%

I'm building a subscription wifi network for our area.

Cisco Aironet 1550 series: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5679/ps11451/data_sheet_c78-641373.html
Proxim Orinocor series: http://www.proxim.com/products/enterprise-wireless-lan-wi-fi-mesh/orinocor-wi-fi-mesh-series

The Proxim seems like the better product, and sells for a bit less.

Will I need to purchase anything else besides several of these for the network? I'm assuming the 'home' router connects to a PC (or the PC via the gateway address) for managing the network.

Thanks allot for your insight.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-wimax-network-creating-a-subscription-network.1011867/
Relevancy 45.58%

Is there a way to setup network profiles or something so that when I bring my Surface Pro to work and connect to the wireless network there it will use the static ip address I have but when I disconnect and then connect to my home wifi it will go back to DHCP? On my MacBook Pro I can go into the network settings and change the location profile I have setup for networks but I don't see anything like this for Windows 8.

A:Specific network settings based on wifi network

You can go into IPv4 Properties of this NIC, then you can use the Alternate configuration tab to set up the alternate IP, or use the Advanced tab to add a static IP/gateway/DNS etc. to TCP/IP.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/29158-specific-network-settings-based-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have windows 7 32 bit on my hp 530 notebook. Since a few days when i try to connect to any network it shows connected but when i click on networks it says identifying network. I do have the latest drivers. I have windows 8 installed and wifi works fine in it.

Please reply.

Relevancy 44.72%

Hello This post is long but contains all the required details Thanks for the help in advance First of all quick background I'm and decently knowledgeable when it comes to computers Now I haven't kept that up-to-date on hardware in the recent - years but still Bought a computer weird Weird, issue. in August Specs were Intel dualcore ghz gig of Corsair CM X - Weird, weird issue. C D Antec W TruPower Antec Ninehundred case eVGA GeForce GTX x gig WDC in raid Gigabyte P C-DS R Now in July started having issues sometimes bluescreens etc Thinking it might be the video card I swapped my roommate's he had a eVGA GT No more crashes but he didn't get any either Weird but meh Few months laters I start to get crashes again - Once every days sometimes more often can happen twice a day but on average every days I get a complete system lockup Everything freezes Actually that's not true It can occur in one of the following ways - Everything instantly freezes If there was sound it quot repeats quot the last second of it infinitely - Everything freezes but I can keep moving my mouse around for - seconds then it locks up this is the most frequent crash - Everything freezes but I keep hearing the sound properly say I'm watching a TV show I'll hear dialogues but the video is frozen etc Another info Coincidence maybe but I had a portable AC plugged in last summer And I could hear every once in a while my UPS oh yeah I forgot I have a UPS too trip for half a sec every once in a while but I wasn't losing anything so I figured the AC might be taking a little too much current on my circuit breaker but meh Was like that for one week til I decided to plug the AC somewhere else Now weeks ago I ran some more memtests with Microsoft's OCA tool Errors My ram in the roommie's comp no errors So I figured mobo right Friend of mine had an Asus board RMA'ed but he had already replaced it so he gives me his I install it Asus's RMA didn't do the job it was still defect Got fed up brought the comp to the shop had them install a new mobo Asus P Q Pro Turbo I installed Win build latest RC Found it a little laggy sound was glitching etc so I bought a SB X-FI Xtreme Music Same issues Installed Vista to find out that it wasn't that was laggy it was my whole damn computer Say I move a window around fast it lags Even as I type this I type - wpm sometimes the letters on screen freezes and catch up maybe for th of a second still annoying enough I disabled Aero put every visual eye candy to rest basic Windows no theme still the same issue when moving a window around or typing text I play WoW every secs I freeze for th of a second and when it happens sound distorts etc I run a memory test on my new board ERRORS After minutes of test on test of the OCA test Put my ram in the roomie's comp to be thorough no errors I'm starting to suspect CPU but am at a loss I also installed Windows on a separate non-raid disk same errors And you can see even in the Windows Vista install that the mouse is jerky skipping frames every - seconds etc I'd suspect my mouse eheh but I don't think it's causing WoW freezes and typing freezes Any help

A:Weird, weird issue.

What kind of temps? cpu, gpu,,,
What voltages are you seeing, bios hardware monitor,,,everest may
or may not report voltages, try everest home, free version. That
8800gtx is pretty power hungry, Im not to hot for the antec psu's
anymore,,but that is where Im leaning...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/weird-weird-issue-376838.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I Bought Pavilion -ab tx available ... Wifi every and network shows no access network no one and half month ago and it started having this problem weeks after buying Wifi suddenly disconnects and then it shows no networks available even when there are many Wifi shows no network available and no network access every ... networks available Mobile phone always show that they are available nbsp nbsp Wireless card nbsp Realtek RTL BE RTL EE b g n OS - Windows -bit nbsp I have tried everything to solve this System restore Recovery Updating BIOS Reseting using CMD updating wireless driver rolling back the driver to initial one But nothing has helped yet It shows the network is available if I'm sitting next to modem Then also it doesn't show other Wifi shows no network available and no network access every ... wifi Wifi shows no network available and no network access every ... networks around my home that my phone does nbsp nbsp Now obviously laptop's wifi is supposed to be better than the mobile phone's wifi but its just the opposite here The problem might be here that it loses its strength every now and then but whatever it is I'm terribly disappointed in the product that I've bought nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-shows-no-network-available-and-no-network-access-every/td-p/5674339
Relevancy 44.72%

Sorry if this has already been discussed. Couldn't find on a search.

I have a small secured network in my office with a modem/router networking three computers wirelessly. I would like to add another router that would allow clients in the waiting room of my office to have internet access. Could you assist me in a setup or map? I already have a wireless Linksys router available to use as the second router.

Thank You

A:Adding Wifi Network to an Already Secured Network

Are those in the waiting room to be allowed into OR forbidden access to your Lan systems?

You already have

Code:
modem---router----your.lan.systems
to Isolate the W.R from your lan, connect

Code:

modem---router----your.lan.systems (assumed 192.168.1.x or 0.x)
|
+---new router (new channel+ssid+no encryption)
set LAN addresses and DHCP for 192.168.10.x

add firewall rule to ALL your existing LAN systems to deny src address range=192.168.10.0 thru 10.255

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-wifi-network-to-an-already-secured-network.118448/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey guys,

I am having two issues with my laptop.

1.  When my laptop is running on battery (no matter which power option I choose) the screen will go black or flicker if I stop moving my mouse.  The moment I move it goes back to being fine but if I let go it flickers.

2.  When I put my computer to sleep and then turn it back on later, the wireless card just stops working.  I get a red x on the wifi icon in my toolbar and it will not show any networks, even if I  Disable/Re-enable the wireless card.

I have already deleted the graphic card drivers and wireless drivers and reinstalled. My laptop is has a dedicated graphic card but it also uses the onboard graphic card.  Let me know if you have any other questions.

A:DIsplay issue and Wifi issue

Make and model of the computer ?

You say 'mouse'. Do you mean a USB or wireless mouse or are you referring to the track pad ?

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/598945/display-issue-and-wifi-issue/
Relevancy 43.43%

Not sure if this is right place to post this however all my icon associations for Microsoft Office have suddenly reverted to a generic icon (see pic) They still load in their various programs i.e. word, excel etc but it is really annoying that the icons are not what they should be. This appeared to happen after trying to install setpoint 4.80 for my logitech mx revolution which would not install either. I am running Windows 7 RTM x64

I hope someone out there can shed some light on this please.

A:Weird Issue

Anybody have any ideas on this ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/26381-weird-issue.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I'm running windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit. I also use Stardock's Start8 software. I very rarely use the windows 8 start menu (the tile screen). I just recently seen where all my tiles have been merged together as one big section. I used to have them separated into groups....but now they are all in just one big group. Not that I mind, but just curious if anybody else has seen/heard or experienced this weird phenomenon.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-8-a/127963-weird-issue.html
Relevancy 43.43%

ok, the cd-rom on a computer we have works with normal games. However, When Neverwinter nights Diamond was put in, nothing happened. I went into the my computer thing and tried to open the disc from there. The only problem is that it is not recognizing the disk itself! There is no problem with the disk, as it runs fine on the other computer. I also went to the atari forums, and they were talking about making sure it can play dual-layered disks, and a few other things which i cannot recall at the moment. anyways, the cd-rom on this computer is a LTN-5291s. once agan it plays other cds just fine, but not this. If you could help that would be great.

A:weird cd-rom issue

Welcome to Techspot!!!

When you say other cd's, you mean audio cd's? Also have you played this game before in this computer? I am almost positive that you will need to replace that drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-cd-rom-issue.79018/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello, i'm having a strange, yet annoying issue that i cant seem to put my finger on... I ran multiple virus scans and whatnot and i cant find a trojan or anything. Here's my issue: Every time i press the Enter Key, windows media player opens. When i press the 6 on the keypad it adds a \ in front of it ( \6 ) when i press the 9 key on the keypad it opens My Computer. I am not sure what to do and i would appreciate any help. Thank you in advance.

Basically its a major annoyance, when i type anything in and need to press enter, stupid media player comes up. I should probably mention that i'm a rookie compared to y'all so i definitely appreciate any advice or help you can give me, i'm frustrated

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-issue.611049/
Relevancy 43.43%

I just got U-verse last week Yesterday I had to recycle IE issue Weird the modem power When I powered back up I found something very strange happening My IE startup page had five tabs The tabs still appear but I get errors for each page Google was one of my tabs Now I can't even open up Google's home page However I am still able to use the Google search window in my Toshiba site The same goes for each of the five sites on Weird IE issue original home page I can enter sites through back doors but I cannot open the home pages on these sites Other than these five sites I can go to my long favorites list and bring up virtually every site other than those particular five These five will give errors every time This happened last week too however overnite it apparently fixed itself It's like my computer put these five sites in some kind of list and Weird IE issue for whatever reason security setting it won't work on these five sites only Trying to Weird IE issue avoid the dreaded call to AT amp T tech support

A:Weird IE issue

Try this Microsoft "Fix It":
How to reset Internet Explorer settings

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/weird-ie-issue-606210.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I m running XP Pro and have a problem when my PC starts It will get through the normal boot process and get to my desktop and freeze The only way I ve found to get by it is boot into safe Weird OS issue with my mode and run a system restore The system restore will fail but it will then boot and not freeze Something is screwed up in my start up and I m wondering if I should boot from the system disk and Weird issue with my OS try to do a repair I don t what to loose my existing proggies Weird issue with my OS and setings though I m running Weird issue with my OS dual boot with Windows bit and just haven t had the time to get everything loaded on the W OS and still depend on the XP OS to get my work done I did have an issue a while back with some malware and I think that may have hosed something up I know a format and re-install would be best but don t have the time right now What s everyone s thoughts on the repair option One thing I noticed- My system will sometimes lock-up after running too When it does it s a windows explorer shut down issue Any help I ve ran NOD scans superantispyware scans spybot S amp D scans and malwarebytes scans and done all the cleaning I can t seem to fing the bug though All these scans have be done running in the normal OS though Would running them in safe mode help Thanks

A:Weird issue with my OS

http://www.punksbusted.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=35677I would suspect that this is a possible cause.I have deleted your HJT log data for the moment...will put it back later if it seems that this is a malware issue.Typically, boot problems that can be resolved by booting into safe mode...are driver issues, not malware issues.I'd like for you to do a couple of things.Read the following, http://www.punksbusted.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=35677.Then, download/install BlueScreenView - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html.Double-click BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.When scanning is done, Edit/Select All...then File/Save Selected Items. Save the report as BSOD.txt.Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.Then...I want you to check Event Viewer for errors (not warnings, not information items) which have been noted which approximate the timing of your most recent boot sequence situation. Double-click on any line item in Event Viewer to see the pertinent detail for that item.How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/ Lastly...I want you to check Device Manager (Start/Run...type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter) for any indication of device/driver problems.After you have done all of the above...I would like you to run the chkdsk /r command on your system.Start/Run...type chkdsk /r (space between k and /) and hit Enter. Type Y in response to onscreen query and hit Enter. Reboot the system, the chkdsk /r command will execute...upon completion, the system will attempt to boot into XP.Let us know how it goes and we will know the next step to take.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/312004/weird-issue-with-my-os/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey guys,

weird issue.

I got an HP tablet tx1000 and under users I have two "Desktop Folders"
One has the regular vista desktop icon and another is just a file folder thing.

I cannot delete it because apparantly Windows points to it as the default desktop location, which is true because I can see my desktop icons there.

The funny thing is its located in: C:\Desktop\Desktop\Desktop\Desktop\Desktop or something like that.

Any idea how to fix this and make ONE desktop folder and delete the other since I have two C:\desktop folders.

I am pretty computer savvy so if you give me enough of a step-by-step i should be good. Vista is new to me.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/weird-issue-344713.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi all I'm doing a placement in IT support for a college We Issue DVD Weird use lots of different types of computers here but the problems i'm having atm are with Fujitsu Siemens A teacher wanted to play a DVD as part of a lesson but Intervideo kept crashing the second the DVD ran Windows Media Player also crashed when the DVD was played On a hunch that the problem was Intervideo I removed it but only after installing and playing a DVD with VLC media player which worked fine Now that WinDVD is off the system Windows Media Player can now run the DVD's However getting it to autoplay or even set as default player is problematic as any time I run the DVD it says the format is unplayable yet when I point Weird DVD Issue to the DVD in the Library and double click it runs fine Same with VLC It certainly seems that Intervideo has made a mess of things Any Weird DVD Issue help would be appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/weird-dvd-issue-471502.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have this really weird issue with my Laptop. If I plug a USB device into it, it doesn't see it. The exception to this rule is when I
Have plugged the device in while the computer is either off or in standbye. (and probably hibernate, but I haven't tried.) Some devices still don't work then, such as my iPods. These I have to do the same with, except I have to plug them into the USB port on my Bluetooth adapter which connects via PCMIA. (PC Card) Any help solving this issue would be much appreciated, I have tried the Toshiba fprim, and I think the Microsoft forum. (It's been a while.) Thanks!

A:Weird USB Issue

FYI, it is a Toshiba Satellite A105-S4244 running Windows XP Media Center Edition SP3.
I thought since I entered that upon registration it would put that somewhere easy. I guess not, so there it is so you don't have to dig through my profile.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-usb-issue.1032587/
Relevancy 43.43%

Okay so I am having this weird problem with my computer, I'm pretty sure it's the power supply but not 100% certain

My computer works fine, except the last 2 days it's turned itself off 3 times, the last time it happened it wouldn't turn back on, so I left it alone and tried one more time, and that time it turned on. So..... I dunno? I think the power supply might be going, or my system is overheating, what do you think?

It could be that your processor is overheating and your BIOS is set to shut down at a certain temperature. I just had some trouble of my own with a power supply, where my computer would light up, fans spin, but the hard drives wouldnt. Soon after replacing PSU, everything works fine. Check your BIOS for a max temp, and maybe increase it if it is a bit low. Also, check your event viewer (Start>control Panel> Administrative tools> Event Viewer) and see if you are getting "Bug Checks" or "Unexpected Shutdown" in the "System" area of the Event Viewer and post back

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-issue.68319/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello, All!

After a patch push for the IE6 SP1 issue, a couple of the systems are now auto-logging on with the ADMIN account. I cannot log off the account and it will not allow any other account to login. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

A:Weird NT issue

Originally posted by aerain:
Hello, All!

After a patch push for the IE6 SP1 issue, a couple of the systems are now auto-logging on with the ADMIN account. I cannot log off the account and it will not allow any other account to login. Any suggestions?

Thanks! Click to expand...

im gonna take it you know how to work your way in the registry. if so go through and find the sub key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

when you click on winlogon u should see something that says AutoAdminLogon if there is a 1 there u want to change it to a 0 to disable the auto admin login feature thus solving your problem see if that helps at all a bit! good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-nt-issue.173593/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi guys. Bit of a strange issue. Sometimes when i use a particular burning program (ConvertXTOdvd), and following closing of the program for some reason whenever i begin browsing and Firefox opens, it won't show its open on the Taskbar but will be open in the screen if that makes sense. The only way i can refresh the taskbar so i can see Firefox windows etc is if i press the windows key on my keyboard.

On reliability monitor it just says Windows explorer restarted.

Bit of a loss as to what to do to be honest. I'm not sure if its because of the ConvertX program or just a generic bug.

I would try a different burner software and see if it goes away.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/35313-weird-issue.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I run a 4k monitor and then two side 1440p monitors. So i have my games set to borderless windowed mode so i can easily switch to the other monitors in the middle of gaming. Before i did this clean install of anniversary update if i had a game open and hit alt tab the taskbar of the main monitor would appear over top the game and i could use it. Now that i did the update though when i press alt tab it doesn't have this effect unless it happens to be a program on the same monitor as the game which rarely is the case. Any idea what setting could be causing this?

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/59465-weird-alt-tab-issue.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Ok so I got this:

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131045

ASUS P5B Deluxe LGA 775 Intel P965

and this CPU:

http://www.techwarelabs.com/reviews/processors/e6300/
Intel Core 2 Duo E6300

and I get this issue, where the power goes on and off strangely. why?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_n5auumZ3g

Relevancy 43.43%

Hello

I dont know if i am going crazy or what. Every once in a while (1 a month, more once every 2 months?) a word document appears on my desktop. Its named "~$x credit.doc" or something weird like that.

If i search the for files on my computer with .doc extention, it shows up as both in the recycle bin and on the desktop, even after i delete. however saved dates are from like oct 2006.

if i open the file its all jumbled characters.

what could this be? i am not at my pc to post a hijack log or anything, but does anyone know what this could be?

Please help me with this one! Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-weird-issue.581218/
Relevancy 43.43%

i got this weird issue with vista. When i try and be on mIRC it will load it and all but then a couple seconds later it will disconnect me for no reason. The problem is i need to be in this channel of mIRC as much as possible. It keeps disconnecting me and it leaves my actual name in the thing, so i can't re-login to the channel if that makes sense. I dunno i think it may be because i by accident installed direct x 9 with a version of nero i got, i dunno it said i need 9 so i instaled it and then relized that i had 10 and the program was stupid, how do i uninstall 9 or use system resotre im new to vista thanks i need help ASAP!

A:weird issue

Using System Restore (probably the best bet) is as simple as hitting the start button, and type "sys" - System Restore will show up in the start menu, click on it, try the recommended restore point first, next your way through and you're done!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-issue.552217/
Relevancy 43.43%

Im having a problem with my windows XP pro computer. When I try to surf the web I can only access certain pages. I can get to google and yahoo and most search engines, when I perform a search the results show up but when I click any links I redirects me to random advertisement search engines. I cannot get to windows update or trendmicro ether it simply tells me it cannot be displayed and to check my internet connection. I have tried running several anti-virus and malware programs with no success. I have also run Hijack this and posted it on several different sites and fixed all problems suggested to me. No success, I am really getting frustrated with this and have been working on it for 8+ hours now. Can someone please help me!

Hey SenateKT.
First of all, do you have any kind of firewall turned on? Start by trying to turn it off, or looking under exceptions to see if the firewall is blocking your browser.
If that doesn't work try going to your browser and select settings/options/tools (whatever, depending on the browser) and try to see if the filter has any sites blocked.
If that does not work either, try installing spyware-doctor and ad-ware and running a scan with them.

I hope this has helped you,

Best Regards, Fred

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-issue.110791/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey guys,

I just recently reformatted my computer. For some reason the load ups performance of it is ridiculously slow. And I mean SERIOUSLY slow.

My specs are:

i7 910 processor
6 gb ddr3 ram
2 500 7400 rpm hard drives.
gtx 460 graphic card
msi eclipse motherboard.
Any ideas? I'm trying to install the drivers but it's just going to take years at this pace.

Relevancy 43.43%

Guys saw something weird today. I was helping this guy previously with a connection issue on his lap-top and it turned out to be a bad nic. He took it back to Best Buy and they replaced the motherboard and the thing is I went back today and setup his router and the weird thing was his nic didn't even show at all in device manager or anywhere.

I didn't have too much time to see what was goin on, but when I plugged in the cable to configure the router the nic popped up in device manager and was working just fine. When I unplugged the cable the nic disappeared again. Any Idea why this would be?

He had an HP lap-top I forgot the model number and he was running Vista Home Basic.

Relevancy 43.43%

Ok this is pretty weird. Today I bought another 512mb stick of ram, ddr400 pc3200 like the other ram. I put it in after finding a setup my computer likes I turn the computer on. Run CpuZ. It tells me I have two stick of 512 equaling 1 Gb. So thats all good. But then I go into Control Panel/Sysem and it says I only have 512 mb of ram. I can't find anything to change and I already had it setup for 1 gb of ram and never change that, except taking the other 521 stick out for awhile.

Computer specs are below. I really don't even know if theres a problem.

Edit: Either alone works fine

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-ram-issue.459390/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi all My computer has encountered a strange problem where the Lag Weird Issue PC computer Weird PC Lag Issue appears to 'lag' on me By that I mean e g if I open up tabs in a browser the computer will hang and say 'not responding' for a while and then it will load those tabs in a split second The same story applies to everything I do from opening applications and typing in Word Even opening and browsing My Computer often results in a near-crash i e says application 'not responding' followed by like x speed jolster trying to play catchup with the commands I sent to it I have considerable experience with computers and as such what the cause of this problem is evading me Currently the PC Weird PC Lag Issue is lt yr old and I doubt that the specs are the problem I have quad core AMD M B fast GPU HD and GB RAM Originally when I got the computer it didn't have the problem I have also tried to format and reinstall the PC from new with both Windows and XP and still encounter this problem even before I install any new programs Upgrading drivers also didn't do anything The task manager always shows the CPU of the quad core hovering below usage and nothing 'big on memory' is running Any help on what could be the cause and how to go about testing it would be greatly appreciated Tried already searching net but yielded few results Thanks guys

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/weird-pc-lag-issue-501542.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I've been having some weird IE issues - I can't get downloads to work from certain sites It's like a security issue but I have admin rights to my PC I try Issue Weird IE to keep a Weird IE Issue very clean system so I don't think it's a spyware issue But long Weird IE Issue story short can someone look this over to see if there's something I'm missing Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files Dell AccessDirect dadapp exe C WINDOWS System DSentry exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C Program Files D-Link Air Utility AirCFG exe C Program Files Alpha Networks ANIWZCS Service WZCSLDR exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashmaisv exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO hp officejet series Bin hpogrp exe C PROGRA HEWLET HPSHAR hpgs wnf exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA HEWLET AiO Shared Bin hpoevm exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO Shared bin hpOSTS exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO Shared bin hpOFXM exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS System hpoipm exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO Shared bin hpodir exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Hijack HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www espn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext quot C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe quot O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - no file O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO no name - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - no file O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run DadApp C Program Files Dell AccessDirect dadapp exe O - HKLM Run DVDSentry C WINDOWS System DSentry exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run HP Component Manager quot C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run HP Software Update quot C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe quot O - HKLM Run Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe O - HKLM Run D-Link Air Utility C Program Files D-Link Air Utility AirCFG exe O - HKLM Run ANIWZCSService C Program Files Alpha Networks ANIWZCS Service WZCSLDR exe O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run DeviceDiscovery C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run ashMaiSv C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashmaisv exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Progra... Read more

A:Weird IE Issue

Hey blackadar,

Your log does look pretty clean, but I would Fix these in HijackThis:

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {549B5CA7-4A86-11D7-A4DF-000874180BB3} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - (no file)
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O16 - DPF: {1C78AB3F-A857-482E-80C0-3A1E5238A565} -

You may have to re-install Javascript, which appears to be missing. May/may not be your specific problem.

Let us know if you need anything further!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/weird-ie-issue-20215.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,
For the past little while I have been having an odd problem with XP. Randomly XP will freeze up, I won?t be able to move the mouse or do anything - then about 10 seconds later everything will start working again. This happens randomly even when the PC is idle and has been going on for a while. Any suggestions?

I initially thought the hard drive cable was loose, but that doesn?t seem to be the issue.

I appreciate the help. Thanks.

A:Weird issue with XP

check the task manager next time it happens and see what is pulling all the resources in the background

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/weird-issue-with-xp-35558.html
Relevancy 43.43%

WinXP HP
I have links for IE, FF and others in the start menu. Initially, an IE lnk pointed to an invalid file and would not open IE.
I found 3 IE folders including IE8. I cleaned the system up and deleted the IE7 folder as clicking either EXE file opened IE8.
I replaced the shortcuts on the start menu, quick launch bar and desktop.
Everything seemed fine till the link in the start menu stopped working. Looking at the properties, it was now blank & grayed out.
IE opens with EXE file click and creating a new desktop LNK works.
A reboot brought back the start menu lnk - no longer blank and now functional - for a few min, the blank again.

This weirdness did not appear to affect FF shortcuts.

A serious virus scan has been run with Viprerescue. Webroot is the default AV program. Nothing but low level threats were detected.

What is happening?

A:Weird LNK issue

What model HP system?

I would do the basics...run the appropriate diagnostic on the hard drive, check Event Viewer clues, check for overheating possibilities, and check the amount of free space on the Windows partition.

How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic40108.html

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/361380/weird-lnk-issue/
Relevancy 43.43%

Specs Weird PC issue Gateway NV A AMD Turion II X P GB Sata HDD GB DDR Memory All updates and Service Packs installed Microsoft Security Essentials AV Machine BSoD's shortly after login in with stop x E It will run in safe mode unless Weird PC issue I try to run ComboFix MiniDmp analysis said Ntoskrnl exe was the issue what help that was Diagnostics ran so far Tested Hard Drive with BIOS tester HDAT and MHDD all showed fine Tested memory with built in BIOS tester and Memtest Passed Also installed new DDR memory I had laying around but that didn't help Ran Virus Scan using Malwarebytes - Failed had over trojans on machine Ran Verifier exe to make sure all drivers were good I attempted to disinfect machine using Malware bytes Super anti-spyware trojan remover and Avira but it always showed - trojans on there Tried to run ComboFix but it always blue screened while running it I went ahead and reinstalled the OS from scratch without nuking the drive Left the Restore and Diagnostic Partitions and just overwrote the Primary Partition and it ran good for Weird PC issue about days then the same BSoD occurred and it is showing the same - Trojans Weird PC issue that I can't get rid of I am beginning to think it is a Boot Sector virus but I wanted some opinions before I run quot kill disk quot and completely re-write the HDD Thanks for the help in advance

A:Weird PC issue

Due to Forum rules, We cannot assist or comment on virus removal. Please click on the link in my signature for Virus/Malware help and do those things in Safe Mode and post in that section of the forum.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/weird-pc-issue-686537.html
Relevancy 43%

I have an issue with static causing my computer to lose connection with the monitor. The computer remains running, but it has to be restarted to show up on the screen again.

It happens so frequently that I can't take it anymore. It happened some last winter, then stopped over the summer, and then got terrible in the fall through winter. I'm pretty sure it is just static because sometimes I barely touch the table (and get a shock) and the monitor instantly loses the picture. However, sometimes it happens just by me sitting down in my chair.

My setup is as follows: computer on carpeted floor. LCD Tv on plastic table with metal legs & rubber feet. I tried placing the computer on a cardboard box, as well as on the table itself...didn't work??

The computer always restarts when I push restart, and always re-recognizes the monitor, but it is such a pain.

Help...please....

A:Weird Static Issue

Change tables, ie, NOT plastic. In the dry air of winter static builds readilly and your rubber-footed table is a static heap, like a capacitor, because you have a charged field (carpet) and an insulating medium (rubber feet) and an ungrounded plate (table). Your comp is probably also isolated from the table via rubber feet so it either needs to be connected to the table so its' ground works for both or the table be connected to the mains ground.

Still going to get static from the carpet. Humidifiers help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/weird-static-issue-361768.html
Relevancy 43%

So, on my old(er) laptop(Sony Vaio VGN-FW140D with Windows 7), Windows is having a weird issue. Everytime I try to modify a file(move, copy, rename or delete), Windows will say
Could Not Find This Item
This is no longer located in [file location].

But then I hit try again and it works, every time. Does anyone know what would be causing this?

A:Weird Issue(Could Not Find)

Quote: Originally Posted by Killericon

So, on my old(er) laptop(Sony Vaio VGN-FW140D with Windows 7), Windows is having a weird issue. Everytime I try to modify a file(move, copy, rename or delete), Windows will say
Could Not Find This Item
This is no longer located in [file location].

But then I hit try again and it works, every time. Does anyone know what would be causing this?

It may be possible that your Anti-Virus program is scanning the file/s in question, and has exclusive access for a while during the process.

you can also try running a disk check on the drive. Open Explorer
Right-click the C: then select Properties
Click Tools
Under Disk check, click "Check Now"
Make sure the "Fix Errors" box is checked

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/99886-weird-issue-could-not-find.html
Relevancy 43%

As with all the issues I seem to have with IE this seems to only be happening with deviantart com I have contacted their help desk but they will be closed till like next Wednesday due to the holidays And I'm really not going to hold my breath for an answer I never really seem to get one that helps So in the mean time I'm hoping maybe someone here can help I'm going to copy and paste what I wrote to the dA help desk ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Everytime I come to dA and browse around I come across a very annoying issue that only happens in IE and yes I have tested it in another browser - Firefox - and it doesnt happen I have tried putting dA Weird 8: IE issue go-back on the compatibility view list and it doesnt change anything I'll come to dA click on an image I want to view and then hit the back button to go back to the homepage to view other images Except that it doesnt go back to deviantart com it goes back to the page I was viewing BEFORE I came to dA It also happens if I go to view someone's gallery I'll click their name and go to their main page go into their gallery any one of them View some artwork and hit the back button Instead of taking me back to the gallery it takes me back to their main page Basically any time I go to one page on dA and then another then go to go back to the previous page it takes me straight to the page before the IE 8: Weird go-back issue one it should take me to This ONLY happens with deviantart com I have never had this issue with any other site and this only started happening with in the last month or so ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- So can any one help And please dont suggest that I just use Firefox or another browser I would IE 8: Weird go-back issue really like to be able to fix this if its something I am able to do on my end Given its really only happening with dA I'm guessing its probably an issue on their end IE 8: Weird go-back issue and I really cant do anything about it except wait but I posted on the off chance that maybe I CAN fix it myself Thanks and happy holidays

A:IE 8: Weird go-back issue

I'm using IE8 32-bit. It works properly for me. If I click on an image on "deviantart.com" it takes me to the image. When I click the back button it takes me back to "deviantart.com". (It's not in my compatibility view list.) You could try to reset IE: Tools/Internet Options/Advanced/Reset.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/132877-ie-8-weird-go-back-issue.html
Relevancy 43%

I have a NEC DVD Burner model ND-3520AW which has been burning both CDs and DVDs fine for the past 3 or 4 months but now it won't read any of the Data DVDs I burn even after reporting that they burned successfully.

* I have tried burning at 2x, 4X, 8X, & 16x.
* I have tried using Maxell DVD +R 8x and Memorex DVD +R 16x media
of which I had always used successfully in the past.
* The burner will read data DVDs that I burned several weeks ago and retail
DVDs of popular movies.
* The burner will burn and read data and music CDs
* I have tried using 6.016, 6.018 and Nero.v7.0.1.4b.Premium.Edition

I'm all out of ideas fellas. Can anyone offer any suggestions of what my issue might be at this point? Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

A:Help! Weird DVD Burning Issue?

it sounds like a media issue. Maxells are gernally ok but kind of spotty on their quality. Memorex is absolute crap. try verbatim or Taiyo yuden disks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-weird-dvd-burning-issue.43309/
Relevancy 43%

I have this mediacenter operating on Windows XP SP with latest updates It is a simple clean system with GBPVR PVR software and a Hauppauge pvr- capture card a ATI Radeon pro Pentium IV GHZ Hyperthreading fsb and gig of DDR memory standby issue Weird All of it on a Asus P V X-MX board It works flawlessly but for one little thing that bug and intrigue me and it as to do with the S standby Standby works perfeclty fine when I select it from the start menu or if I push the power button since I Weird standby issue chose that option The system also comes back gracefully from S when I push the power button again But and this is my issue Altought I set the system to automatically go in standby after minutes of inactivity I never does so by itself except Weird standby issue at h in the morning every single day At am it goes S without fail unless I am using the system or it is recording a tv show Now I have questions If it won't go in standby when it is set it probably means there is a software or task running that prevents it Is there a software or a Weird standby issue way to see what process or task that would be A diagnostic solution Why does it go standby at h am every day by itself No setting are used that would specify that event Thanks in advance for any advice

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/weird-standby-issue-198906.html
Relevancy 43%

I have an old (4 yrs) Dell Inspiron 660m, running win xp home.
Twice in the last two or so months the following issue occurs:
If I copy and paste word files from blogs or from a flash drive (used to bring files from work to home) in my documents folder, then try to open them,
a "running virus scan" message appears, and runs for a few minutes then stops. the document does not open.
The first time this happened i un and re-installled avast! home edition and the problem cleared. This time when i un and re-installed avast! the problem persists.
I have tried to open new docs and docs that have been on this computer for years to no avail.
Sorry this is so long
thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-word-doc-issue.879947/
Relevancy 43%

Ok well my issue The first time each day when I turn on my computer all my fans turn on But it wont POST just sits there everything lights up like it suppose to just no post but when I hold the power button turn it off then booting issue! weird turn it back on it POSTS and works fine been doing this for little over a month and I quot m getting annoyed I built this comp and its been doing it sence I built it I think I think it is my power supply but not sure My part listings Antec True w KT- Soyo Ultra Dragon Plantinum Edition g Corsair DDR pc Geforce FX Audigy Gamer Thermaltake Vocalno xaser Edition floppy drive DVD rom AMD weird booting issue! Athlon Barton GB WD rpm fans neon light Now if tried unhooking fans and my neon no differnce Yall know of anyway to test my power suppy or whatever else you think may be wrong Thanks nbsp

A:weird booting issue!

Those Powersupplies are pretty dependable...You can't really go wrong with an Antec TruePower PS, especially a 430 watter. I wouldn't be looking there for your problem.

My guess is that it has more to do with your other components...it could be any number of things.

Corsair is pretty good RAM, but you could try to reseat your sticks, or move them around a little.

Double check where all the case LEDs and power/reset wires connect to your motherboard. You might find a problem there.

Failing that, I would attempt to single out the problem by removing all extra components...run on just the essentials, and see if the problem continues. If not, slowly add components until the problem resurfaces. If it doesn't resurface, good! If it does, then you know where the problem is coming from.

If the problem is still there after all that, then I'd probably point the finger at your motherboard itself. See if Soyo offers any kind of exchange or warranty on your board...If they value their customers, they'll have something.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-booting-issue.177235/
Relevancy 43%

ok so last night i went to sleep, and left my PC on because it was converting an avi to DVD for me.
I wake up in the morning and my computer is completely shut down.
I turn it on and see the black screen letting me know the PC was improperly shut down and found that weird.
when the computer finally booted a popup came up letting me know the computer recovered from an issue or something like that.
attached is my bluescreen dump.
any help is GREATLY appreciated.

A:Weird Bluescreen issue.

Hi, heisdnice, and welcome to the forum. Please read this tutorial, follow the instructions and post back. We will be glad to help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

Also, make sure your system is updated through Windows Updates and install SP1: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ice-pack-1-sp1

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/147873-weird-bluescreen-issue.html
Relevancy 43%

Hey guys- Recently I've been having this bizarre issue with the way windows is displaying my screen It almost looks as if the monitor is broken in some way There are these thick pixelated vertical bars on my screen that seem to appear after running Issue Screen Weird windows from sleep mode They don't appear every time however At first I just figured my screen was broken however after closer observation I determined this was not the case My mouse cursor always stays on top of these screen errors and as I move new windows or desktop icons over them they Weird Screen Issue quot erase quot for lack of a better term away I have posted pictures from my cell cam unfortunately taking a screenshot doesn't capture the issue they come out normal not showing bars I usually consider myself pretty tech savvy and Weird Screen Issue I've been doing tech support for Weird Screen Issue friends and family for years but I've never seen this before I'd love to hear what you think Here are my specs- I don't think it's a hardware issue but just in case it helps Gateway Laptop NV u to be specific Windows SP i Processor I believe it's the M Gigs RAM Also this computer is less than a year old and I make sure to do basic maintenance once a month defrag ccleaner etc and I frequently run windows update

A:Weird Screen Issue

It may be one of your applications, does your pc ever lag?

It looks like when a window is dragged around and it laggs it leaves something like that, and it can be "erased" with icons.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/weird-screen-issue-571505.html
Relevancy 43%

I turned on my computer today and my screen was acting a little strange. The monitor kept making this weird "rippling" effect. I checked all my connections and they seemed okay for the most part. A couple were a little loose. I still get a little rippling though. The system was fine yesterday and I didn't change any video settings since then. I believe that this has happened before but I think it just went away after 10 mins or so. Any ideas? It might just be something little like dust er something I don't know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-video-issue.60497/
Relevancy 43%

My sound runs flawlessly when i have some process going on (like disk cleanup, burning, etc.) If i have nothing going on, my sound is laggy and cracks. Anybody have an idea why?

This is on a Toshiba M45 S359 with latest audio drivers.

A:Weird sound issue

CPU throttling is most likely cause. Can be from a bios settings or Windows software you're running.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/39186-weird-sound-issue.html
Relevancy 43%

Ever since I upgraded to Firefox 33, the icons in my jumplist are broken (see attached image). I've cleared cache, etc., rebuilt icon file, and still get the same broken favicons. It's an annoyance more than anything, but I'm wondering if this is a PEBCAC (Problem Existing Between Computer and Chair), or something broken within the browser code itself.

A:Weird Firefox 33 issue

Why not just try pinning those sites again?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/352182-weird-firefox-33-issue.html
Relevancy 43%

Okay to start I am not a noobie when it comes to PC hardware but I am seriously having a problem I cannot seem to weird issue! I with a help need Networking fix no matter what i do It happens with many PC s I own The current one is a VISTA BOX Okay to start I have the problem of VERY Slow SPEED for file transfer accross a network usually transfering at a rate of - KB sec MB Full I need help with a weird Networking issue! Duplex file I need help with a weird Networking issue! transfer to Vista box is about KB Sec- KB sec going fast slow etc MB Full Half Duplex the transfer is MB SEC constant I need help with a weird Networking issue! very fast compared to what I get with MB heres the thing when I send a large file VISTA BOX -- gt SERVER at any speed it goes at the fastest possible speed MB MB sec MB MB sec also if I transfer the file from the SERVER or my system to the VISTA BOX is transfer at about - MB sec but my system is very busy I ve tried different Switches my main Switch is a COM port gigabit switch model C A I ve tried the SERVER amp the VISTA Box in my Internet s Router port ed switch same problem keeps happening I Have also checked cables and changed many cables to test things I do not have a domain and my usual network setup is to use static Ip s for each box eg etc I have had problems with mainly onboard NICs and usually fixed by Buying a PCI NIC but I got a new NIC today and same f en problem Computers I ve usually and always had problems with N-Force Asus A N X-X with AMD MP and a ASrock i GV cheapo mobo GHZ Pentium My other Pc s that are working absolutly no problems in my Network are following PCs Core E with a Gigabyte DQ high end MOBO AMD X with a DFI lanparty NF sli high end mobo SERVER KNXP with a G Pentium HTPC Pentium ghz and Gigabyte mobo unknown model forget HTPC Pentium GHZ and a Gigabyte mobo unknown model so thats PC s connected and only of them with a problem My work had a problem but I fixed that with adding a new PCI N W card any ideas of what I can do to fix this issue nbsp

A:I need help with a weird Networking issue!

heres the thing when I send a large file VISTA BOX --> SERVER at any speed it goes at the fastest possible speed! 10MB = 1.2MB/sec | 100MB = 9.8MB/sec
also if I transfer the file from the SERVER or my system to the VISTA BOX is transfer at about 3.5-8MB/sec but my system is very busy!Click to expand...

So what is the problem?

Do you have any firewall, antivirus, VPN, packet capturing software installed? Uninstall these one-by-one. Also, did you change the network cards on both the involved computers?

It could be that something is flooding your network. Connect the computers with a crossover cable and use some network monitor utility to make sure that only the file copying occurs and nothing else is moving acros the network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-help-with-a-weird-networking-issue.81743/
Relevancy 43%

So I had major problems with my laptop where it wouldn t startup properly and even going to eRecovery and installing to factory settings wouldn t work Anyway I ordered a Windows System Install disk and reinstalled Windows properly on my laptop All is working good now except when I turn on or restart the splash screen will come up then windows Weird little issue... startup starting will come up with the little graphic and then it will go all black Pressing the off button once or twice doesn t restart the computer it actually brings up Weird little startup issue... the password page which is where I should have been anyway when the black screen comes up I ve tried pressing ctrl alt del when it s black as well as other keys but it all just works in the background For example when the black screen comes up I can type my password and press enter and can hear that its accepted it and gone to my Desktop Any ideas nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-little-startup-issue.1126388/
Relevancy 43%

Hey there

I really can't find what's causing this issue. Perhaps it's a lack of RAM, I don't know.. Anyway.

Every time I load a page or open a new window it makes my sound go in a slow motion style. It doesn't do it straight away when I boot up windows, it just randomly starts a few minutes afterwards.

Any idea's?

Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Weird Sound Issue.

Could be from CPU throttling in the bios or a software loaded with Windows at boot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/40334-weird-sound-issue.html
Relevancy 43%

I have a quot GB drive which I can place in my external eSATA dock and Win finds it and adds it I need to run FAT on it so create for example a gb partition and format it FAT within Win I've also tried rd party apps that make the partition GB and format it FAT it makes no issue Win7 Weird odds Weird Win7 issue which method The problem is I copy files to it etc and it doesn't complain Remove disk re insert it later on and everything on Weird Win7 issue it will have vanished like I never did it it does seem I can create a folder and it will stay there the files I've tried copying are not large at most mb If I repeat the same but with NTFS it's fine and files stay so what's going on If I mount the disk on the iPad which is what I intended to use it for it recognises it and I can copy files from the system to the HDD and they show up in Win just not when I do it in Win What's going on