Windows Support Forum

Laptop suddenly shuts down a lot

Q: Laptop suddenly shuts down a lot

Hey Techspot I m hoping you can help me out with a little problem I ve lot down a suddenly Laptop shuts started experiencing I got a Lenovo G just last year and everything s been going great with it so far However as of about a day ago it decides Laptop suddenly shuts down a lot to start shutting down without any warning whatsoever It seems that this happens at random also Some times I can keep the laptop on overnight I like to have videos playing while I sleep with no problems and other times it snaps off after not even minutes Thus I can t really finish a scan with avast or malwarebites I haven t done anything out of the ordinary either I don t know if it s really overheating because I keep it in a similar environment as my Toshiba laptop that has remained on around the same amount of time with no overheating whatsoever I m running Windows on my Lenovo EDIT I thought that my problem was in fact overheating so I cleaned the fan area with some compressed air That seems to help a little bit but my computer still has a tendency to shut down randomly just a lot less frequently I checked the temperature with SpeedFan and upon startup my core temp is as high as C then cools off to about C when I m doing nothing The thing that worries me is that SpeedFan can detect no RPMs from my fan Fan Fan and Fan all show RPMs in the program nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Laptop suddenly shuts down a lot

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Laptop suddenly shuts down a lot

Chances are the thermal pads or the thermal paste on the CPU/video chip needs replacing

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-suddenly-shuts-down-a-lot.179747/
Relevancy 68.37%

hello techspot community!

My wife was playing Tetris battle on facebook, that time I was watching her playing tetris battle then suddenly my laptop shuts down. That incident happened twice. But it didn't happened when I was playing NBA2k12 earlier that day. And when I tried to turn it on again, at first try it did not power up so i took the battery out and put it again then it turns on. What happend to my laptop? could this be overheat? But I have a cooling pad with two fan. pls help me. I'm not the techie type, me just a gamer so pls I need help. It's an Intel core i3, ATI mobility radeon 5470, 4GB RAM.

A:My laptop suddenly shuts down

sounds like overheating to me

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-suddenly-shuts-down.174827/
Relevancy 68.37%

I was recently having issues with the LCD backlight on my Dell XPS M1530 laptop. So I took it to the tech guy who fixed the backlight issue. But, now I get sudden shut downs while I'm working on my laptop. The screen goes white for a second before it shuts off by itself. Could it be an issue with wiring inside which the tech guy messed up? Or maybe the heat? because I notice the shut down when mostly my laptop is resting on a wooden table for about half and hour. Any advise?

A:Laptop shuts down suddenly

Does your laptop have the Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT installed? If so your problems are very likely a result of the nVidia Defect (I have recently had a refund on a laptop I boughgt in 2007 because of this), have a look here http://www.nvidiadefect.com/ for info, it's a very helpful website.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-shuts-down-suddenly.172445/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi

I am running windows 7 on this laptop which I bought back in April 2010. Just 30 minutes ago, my laptop suddenly shutdown without warning or whatsoever, and upon rebooting, it hung while loading windows. I tried running startup repair but nothing was found. I restarted another time and managed to get into Windows 7.

Could it be a failing motherboard?

Thanks for responses.
Scorpio_tkh

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 8169 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6970M, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 241427 MB, Free - 24409 MB; E: Total - 235308 MB, Free - 11353 MB;
Motherboard: CLEVO, P150HMx
Antivirus: Norton 360, Updated and Enabled

A:Laptop shuts down suddenly

check your temperatures and all the air vents are clear of dust

you are using it on a hard flat surface?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-shuts-down-suddenly.1094323/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi!

Sometimes my laptop suddenly shuts itself down, as if id just cut the power.

This usually happens while playing Crysis, is my computer getting to hot?
Im currently using WinXP, and it happens all the time, after about 20 minutes gaming. I used to run Windows Vista, and it happened only twice in 5 months. Anything I can do?

A:My laptop suddenly shuts itself down

My first question to you is this: do you notice any intense heat coming from the underside of the computer? Try playing the game in your lap, and feeling for heat (don't get yourself burned though!).

Also, what type of laptop do you have? (brand and model #)

In the past Sony Laptops were very known for overheating.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-suddenly-shuts-itself-down.116640/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hey everyone so I recently got my laptop ASUS G JW back from the ASUS service centre and that was to replace the DC jack port as the pin broke off in the port from the charger They didn't change the 0x8000000000000002 Laptop Shuts Down Suddenly motherboard just the port as it was a defective part and caused the pin to break off I have no idea what they did to my laptop at the service centre but since getting it back yesterday I have an issue with the laptop I have started to get random shut downs without any warning at all I am just sitting browsing the internet or playing a game and the laptop powers off without any blue screen error or warning It boots back up right away except for the latest time where it powered off shortly after I plugged in my iPod and then it kept shutting down in the boot screen about twice I unplugged the iPod cord and thus the iPod itself from the USB port and that seemed to allow it to boot back up Funny thing has started to occur as I changed what USB port I plug the iPod into it randomly starts charging and then stops but the cord is still plugged in I checked event viewer as I don't get a BSOD or anything and this is what I keep getting every single time these shut downs occur - System - Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Guid C B A- - C -AC E- C D B EventID Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID Laptop Shuts Down Suddenly 0x8000000000000002 ThreadID Channel System Computer Home-PC - Security UserID S- - - Laptop Shuts Down Suddenly 0x8000000000000002 - EventData BugcheckCode BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x SleepInProgress false PowerButtonTimestamp Please tell me this isn't a hardware issue yet again I am getting very sick and tired of ASUS and this laptop I've had the HDD go on it in Dec and had to RMA it and the charger pin breaking off twice this is my latest issue with the laptop and it's annoying because I lose what I am doing I am thinking it is a driver issue as I checked my PC temp thru a program and the GPU temp and it seems fine They're normal temps for my laptop so I doubt it is overheating I also had a fan plugged in but I took it out just now because it may be an issue with the USB ports I don't know but I am very frustrated as I just got this back from the service centre yesterday and hours from that this shutdown issue occurs Obviously it is something ASUS did during their lovely RMA process They didn't do a fresh install of windows or anything Just replaced the DC jack and according to the RMA form I got they did a Fulmark stress test and it says it passed EDIT and just after typing this I realized that my mouse has stopped working and it is still plugged into the USB port sometimes it lights up again and it works but after a bit it stops again What the heck is going on here EDIT and now it seems to be stable again I took my iPod charger cord out of the USB port it was in and the mouse became fine then I plugged the iPod USB back in and it's also fine both are working fine so far just waiting for the next shutdown I suppose I am going to keep my fan unplugged as well just to see if it resolves anything The fan runs off the laptop itself and plugs into two USB ports so maybe that contributed I had this fan for a month or two tho and it hasn't made any issues This shutdown problem has started since yesterday when I got my laptop back from RMA

A:Laptop Shuts Down Suddenly 0x8000000000000002

Event ID 41 Task 63 is merely thy\at the computer shutdown unexpectedly. If you are not having BSOD's please upload your event viewer logs
Please provide us with your Event Viewer administrative logs by following these steps:
Click Start Menu
Type eventvwr into Search programs and files (do not hit enter)
Right click eventvwr.exe and click Run as administrator
Expand Custom Views
Click Administrative Events
Right click Administrative Events
Save all Events in Custom View As...
Save them in a folder where you will remember which folder and save as Errors.evtx
Go to where you saved Errors.evtx
Right click Errors.evtx -> send to -> compressed (zipped) folder
Upload the .zip file here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/222170-laptop-shuts-down-suddenly-0x8000000000000002.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello ...
I have had a Toshiba C850-A965 laptop for 4 years
and it's been working perfectly
untill one day recently, a message poped up saying that there's something wrong with the battery and should be replaced, but it was still the same, works for an hour and a half approximately
But, I went ahead and bought a new battery, the message disappeared
and i fully charged and then started the laptop
it worked for about 15 mins and then it shut down ( like u took the plug off from a desktop computer) without any warning
when i turned it back on, it was still fully charged !!! and the shutting down happend again and again :(
the old battery is still working fine
so that must mean that there's nth wrong with my laptop right? and the battery is bad?
please give me your opinions
thank you for your precious time

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/laptop-new-battery-shuts-down-suddenly-4606018/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi! I was using my laptop and it suddenly shuts down so I switched on again but after 30-40 minutes it shuted down again, I have tried to remove dust from his vents, reinstalling windows but still problem remained. Please Help Me HP Experts.  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-suddenly-shuts-down-after-30-40-minutes/td-p/5687734
Relevancy 67.08%

Two or three things have happened recently that make me believe that i am infected and hence am requesting help in this forum Last night my laptop shut off all of warning suddenly shuts down or laptop without boot off a sudden - and i mean all of a sudden did not boot down or warn me like somebody flicks off a switch and the lights go out At first I though it was the power but i was well plugged into the electricty socket and i also had battery back up This has happened twice before say a month back and three months back respectively but i did not give it a too much thought attributing it to freaky power fluctuation Further the time gaps between occurences were far and random When i rebooted win bit with SP and completed up to date asked me do a startup and system repair whcih i did and after a long wait i got a report saying Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature unknown Problem Signature Problem Signature Auto failover Problem Signature Problem Signature Corrupted Acl I thought that there may be an event log that could throw some light on the sudden shutdown and found a quot Unable to start a DCOM Server quot error whether connected or not to the shutdown I do not know the text of this error log is posted below Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Date - - Event ID Task Category None Level Error laptop suddenly shuts off without warning or boot down Keywords Classic User N A Computer SanjitKeskar-PC Description Unable to start a DCOM laptop suddenly shuts off without warning or boot down Server E -F - DDA-B - C E BA CABB as The error quot quot Happened while starting this command C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL Driver INTEL IDriver exe -Embedding Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot Error quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM quot Guid quot B E -B AA- -BADC-B F A E quot EventSourceName quot DCOM quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt SanjitKeskar-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL Driver INTEL IDriver exe -Embedding lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt E -F - DDA-B - C E BA CABB lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt I am not quite suspicious that something unwanted is lurking in the laptop and am restless I do not even know if they all are related at all Can i please be helped to clear the aitror diagnose the fault Thanks

A:laptop suddenly shuts off without warning or boot down

There are only about five things that will cause a spontaneous shutdown. Overheating, bad power supply/adapter/powrer source interuption, flaky NIC, motherboard, or very rarely the processor. I'd check to see if it's overheating first and move on from there. Does it feel especially hot? Have you blown out the heatsink and fan area? Is your adapter making a good connection? Will it run on battery alone, is it holding a charge? Does it tend to happen when you are on the internet or accessing a network? The start up repair is normal, since the laptop did not get a chance to shut down properly, so I wouldn't worry about that, although it isn't good for it, of course.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/447221/laptop-suddenly-shuts-off-without-warning-or-boot-down/
Relevancy 67.08%

ASUS. Battery keeps power for about 1.5 hours so I assume it's not dead. Charger charges.
1 Occurrence: I was in VLC player, charger on. Suddenly laptop shuts off, power led stays. Shut it off (properly) by keeping button then luckily turned on again.
2 Occurrence: Several days later VLC was opened again when it shut off. Power led stays, but now can't do anything to turn it on. Pulled out battery, done that 45 seconds thing, put back again. Can't turn on it just that power led lights up. Just kept it that way for hours, laptop was warm...and then all of a sudden it turned on.
3 Occurrence: Turned off doing daily things, doesn't turn on no matter how long I wait. Damn it.
Fan not working, cpu heats up a bit like it pretends to be working, dust cleaned inside. Always just that power led works when button pushed with battery or just charger in.
Whats happening?

A:Laptop shuts off, won't turn on..suddenly turns on

will it work with battery removed and just running off mains?
other thought is it is overheating and needs a good clean out of the fan and heatsink.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/laptop-shuts-wont-turn-suddenly-turns-4597997/
Relevancy 67.08%

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask about this but I thought I'd give it a try I bought an ASUS N VJ laptop in February of this year It has Windows 8 laptop suddenly ASUS shuts down suddenly shut down Windows 8 ASUS laptop shuts down suddenly about times This happens very randomly and with no pattern that I can see It's not an overheating issue as I'm monitoring the temperature with ReatTempGT and it often happens after only being on for a few minutes This happens while running the computer with it plugged in I managed to find an error when I checked the event viewer I'll post the information below If anyone can explain what's going on I'd really appreciate it Thank you The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly System - Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Guid C B A- - C -AC E- C D B EventID Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel System Computer Christopher - Security UserID S- - - - EventData BugcheckCode BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x SleepInProgress PowerButtonTimestamp BootAppStatus Log Name SystemSource Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PowerDate AMEvent ID Task Category Level CriticalKeywords User SYSTEMComputer ChristopherDescription The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly Event Xml lt Event xmlns http schemas microsoft com win events event gt lt System gt lt Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Guid C B A- - C -AC E- C D B gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID ThreadID gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Christopher lt Computer gt lt Security UserID S- - - gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name BugcheckCode gt lt Data gt lt Data Name BugcheckParameter gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name BugcheckParameter gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name BugcheckParameter gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name BugcheckParameter gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name SleepInProgress gt lt Data gt lt Data Name PowerButtonTimestamp gt lt Data gt lt Data Name BootAppStatus gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/500717/windows-8-asus-laptop-shuts-down-suddenly/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hey everyone My laptop it s an HP Pavilion dv running Windows recently started having this terrible problem What happens is that I m doing something totally non computer-intensive when all of a sudden the screen just turns black and a second or two later shuts off It seems as though if I don t use it for shuts Laptop suddenly black, off Windows then turns 7 a couple of days and then boot it up Windows 7 Laptop suddenly turns black, then shuts off it doesn t have the problem Windows 7 Laptop suddenly turns black, then shuts off But once I turn it off and turn it Windows 7 Laptop suddenly turns black, then shuts off on again it happens For example yesterday after not using it for about two weeks I had it on for about an hour or two before turning it off on my own Today I was on the internet reading an article and had my virus software McAfee running a scan I thought it was going to be okay as if it was going to go black and turn off it would have done so already But within - minutes of it being on it did just that it went black and turned off I turned it on again curious to see how long it would take to happen this time I made it to the desktop before it went black and shut off after about - minutes Another thing of interest is that when it is on it is very slow much slower than usual And another thing A long while back I had set my desktop so that it would change pictures every minutes I forgot exactly when this started but the images don t change anymore I thought it was just a mild annoyance but I m wondering if it s a symptom of the overall issue A couple other things I had some system restore points before but when I checked yesterday it said I didn t have any And sometimes a window comes up before my laptop goes black and shuts off but I don t have time to even see what it says What in the world is going on Is it a virus trojan spyware etc Or something related to the hardware going faulty I do know that the battery died a long time ago so the only way I keep the computer on is plugging it in The moment it s unplugged the computer is off Is there any way to reclaim my laptop I ve read about wiping the hard drive and re-installing Windows but I don t know how to wipe the hard drive nor did my laptop come with a Windows disk Sorry about the long post but I wanted to include as much detail as possible in the case that it may help diagnosing the problem ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ P S - I had posted the above question on another forum and had gotten one reply The reason I m posting in this forum is because the last one was not at all very active and I m just trying to get as much help and as fast as possible thus posting the problem in multiple forums Anyway the one reply on the other forum said it could be virus spyware could also be heat thats causing the shutdown once the laptop gets too hot thermal protection kicks in shutting it down to prevent damage check your vents for dust and either use a can of air to clean it or use a vacuum to suck out the dust another to try is boot to safemode use for a awhile if it shuts down then its likely heat related for sure as for reclaiming your laptop HP restart laptop and press F then select recover pc only do this if you rule out or fix your current problem as you dont want it to shutdown while is running recovery ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ My reply was thus Hey thanks for replying and helping I really appreciate it And sorry it s taken me so long to reply I ve been really busy I tried what you said and booted to each of the three Safe Modes Safe Mode Safe Mode with Networking and Safe Mode with Command Prompt In fact I booted to each of these three modes multiple times Not once did t... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-laptop-suddenly-turns-black-then-shuts-off.1007985/
Relevancy 53.32%

My PC shuts down all of a sudden all the time(Up to like 5 times now). There's no warning, and no blue screen. It just shuts down and then starts back up again instantly.

Also, i have gotten 2 Blue Screen errors, and 1 incident where the lsass.exe process terminated suddenly and started the "shutdown -s -t 60 -c"Dont remember the message"" command at the login screen. All within 2 hours.
And right now my computer just lost all sound, which means its probbably about to shut down again.

I restored my computer 2 days ago, and havent installed much since then. It was suggested that one of my 3 RAM sticks had gone bad. But when i opened my PC, i couldnt figure out how to take the RAM sticks out.

Why is it doing this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-shuts-down-suddenly-470024.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I recently had a serious Adware attack. Fortunately, with the help of Hijackthis and this forum, I was able to stop all the annoying pop-ups, but ever since my IE will suddenly shut down while I am browsing the web. I'm lucky I got to type this whole message.

Any advice on how to resolve this problem?

Thanks!

JJ

A:IE Suddenly Shuts Down

Firewall?Blue screen msgs?(could be Windows Protection Measure)tho it will tell
you usually"IE has caused a fault in xxxx & will shut down";Could also be a F/W
defense.Is OE functioning OK?A possible Kernal32 error(also reported usually); a
problem with your ISP(disconnection /time out);do you have call waiting?);is this
random or after set time?;is it possible the sites visited are restricted to members;
Is IE fully updated(IE 6?).If no error messages display,do full scan with everything
& run scandisk in thorough mode;# your advanced settings,restore defaults &
get back to us.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/14915/ie-suddenly-shuts-down/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, i'm having this problem where my computer suddenly turns off. The cases are when i open the computer from standby mode, it overheats and when i'm playing Far Cry. I have no clue why it does the turn off when i open from standby mode,
and when i play Far Cry. It doesn't happen at all with SimCity 4 O_o.

Specs:
Intel Pentium M 2.00 Ghz
1.00 G Ram
GeForce Go 6600 128 Mb

Appreciate the help =)

A:PC suddenly shuts down

if you have cooling problems, then you know how to fix it already, provide better cooling.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-suddenly-shuts-down.88752/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi there everybody Lately I've built up my own computer I am kind of expert so there shouldn't be any nab problem like mounting something wrong or placing wrong cables in wrong places but I have this problem My pc runs very smoothly and powerful but after a PC down shuts suddenly period of gaming like hour of gtaV my pc suddenly shuts down It gives me no warning at all I checked the temps and they all seems to be normal when the power off PC suddenly shuts down happens so I think it couldn't be an over heating problem This happens only when I quot make things hard quot let's say The first days that this happened the AI software told me there was low voltage but now that doesn't happen anymore But that's strange assuming I have a KCAS w My specs Mother ASUS M A FX PRO R cpu AMD FX E - gt GHz core GPU AMD SAPPHIRE Dual-X R X Ram GbKingstone GbKingstone PSU KCAS w Cooling Freezer Pro rev Help please that's my struggle since months

A:PC suddenly shuts down

I kept it monitored until the shutdown and on the AI software I saw that there was low voltage on the 2v and the 12 one.
How is it possible? I have 600 w and it should be enough

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-7-a/126496-pc-suddenly-shuts-down.html
Relevancy 53.32%

This problem started a week ago.

When the pc shut down i can`t turn it on right away (nothing happens), so i have to unplug the power cord for about 10 secs to turn it back

i thought the problem was processor overheated, so i bought termal paste, now temps are good, arround 39C IDLE and 55 under heavy load.

so, i don`t know why my pc keep shutting down suddenly.

(i have pc specs in my sing, if you do need any other info just let me know)

i really appreciate your help, i`ll be waiting your answer, thank you.

A:Pc shuts down suddenly

I experienced something similar a few years back on an older rig, it turned out to be the PSU was dying might well be the same thing on your system.

Steve

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/61292-pc-shuts-down-suddenly.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, I've a problem. My pc sometimes shuts down suddenly and without any reasonable cause. It happens in various moments and I don't see the reapetibility of the situation.
Can it be caused from an insufficient power supply?

I've attached the system file zipped.
Thanks.
Stefano.

Relevancy 52.46%

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I bought a new computer lately, it is superb but it has one error. Everytime i start my computer it shuts off after an undifined amount of time. It doesn't cleanly shuts down windows or something it just roughly shuts off. I did run a memory check, i build in another cooler for my processor and it didn't change anything. Sometimes it happens when i'm gaming, sometimes it happens when i don't do anything so it is a hard problem to analyse. When i am in safe mode it doesn't shut off.

These are my specs:

Amd Athlon 64 X2 dual core 6000+
2 GB memory
450W power source
Asus 8800GS graphic card

I hope you can help me!

Greetz Oliver

A:Computer suddenly shuts off

I would make sure your drivers are up to date and try a system restore if you have a restore point. Also, you might be able to find our more about whats causing it by looking at the event manager for dump files. Otherwise if its not a big hastle for ya i would consider a reinstall.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/69664-computer-suddenly-shuts-off.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I ve been struggling with this for months and am at my wit s end Any help anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated Basically without warning my computer for no apparent reason shuts itself off No shut down It simply shuts off as though the power had been disconnected It might be worth noting that on starting it back up again chkdsk doesn t run At first I though it was a random occurence and likely a hardware problem possibly the Power Supply However my MoBo is set to warning PC suddenly down without Shuts power up the computer after losing power and after one of these unexpected power downs the computer doesn t start back up until I hit the power button I ve also started to notice a link to downloading Namely if there s multiple downloads going PC Shuts down suddenly without warning on it seems to trigger the problem It shuts down almost every night which is when I ve got utorrent scheduled to run and I ve been able to trigger the problem reliably by initiating multiple downloads of podcasts in iTunes It also seems PC Shuts down suddenly without warning to happen sometimes when web pages are taking too long to load It s probably important to note that the computer functions perfectly otherwise I can tax the system with the latest games or a heavy set of video transcodes without incident so I d have a hard time believing it would be a heat problem nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

I ve been struggling with this for months and am at my wit s end Any help anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated Basically without warning my computer for no apparent reason shuts itself off No shut down It simply shuts off as though the power had been disconnected It might be worth noting that on starting it back up again chkdsk doesn t run At first I thought it was a random occurence and likely down warning suddenly Shuts without PC a hardware problem possibly the Power Supply However my MoBo is set to power up the computer after losing power and after one of these unexpected power downs the computer doesn t start back up until I hit the power button I ve also started to notice a link to downloading Namely if there s multiple downloads going on it seems to trigger the problem It shuts down almost every night which is when I ve got utorrent scheduled to run and I ve been able to trigger the problem reliably by initiating PC Shuts down suddenly without warning multiple downloads of podcasts in iTunes It also seems to happen sometimes when web pages are taking too long to load It s probably important to note that the computer functions perfectly otherwise I can tax the system with the latest games or a heavy set of video transcodes without incident so I d have a hard time believing it would be a heat problem Based on suggestions from others I have tried replacing the RAM and Network Card but neither has had any impact on the problem Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:PC Shuts down suddenly without warning

I'm not an expert by any means, but I guess there's no harm in having a bit of (possibly helpful) input...

It could have something to do with a faulty hard drive...I had something not so long ago where I had a lot of damaged secotrs, and copying things between disks would restart my computer (and sometimes never let it start back up)...

Have you got a spare drive you could test? Or if you have multiple drives, set the other 'good' one to the default download location and try to induce the problem.

I dont know what anyone else thinks of this...it could be completely wrong, but I guess there's no harm in trying!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-shuts-down-suddenly-without-warning.808697/
Relevancy 52.46%

Lately, my computer has been shutting itself off suddenly, followed by a loud high-pitched constant tone, which lasts until I turn the power off on the power supply. When I turn the computer back on, I get a blue screen that says there was an error and the system has been shut down. If I leave it off for about 10 minutes and turn it back on, it will come on fine, but eventually shut off again. A friend of mine mentioned that this may be a motherboard issue, so I'm just wondering what everyone here thinks.

Thanks

Relevancy 52.46%

Hello All,

I will appreciate if you can help me solve this problem.
I noticed that whenever I type the word antivirus, mcafee, antispyware in Internet Explorer or Mozilla Google search, it closes the windows automatically.
The McAfee antivirus is not responding, it is not even let me uninstall it.
I got to ran the HJTInstall.exe and I am attaching the logs, so with your expertise you can give me more light on how to troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks in advance.
Alesi

A:Computer suddenly shuts down

I am pasting it for easy reading...

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 09:54:42 p.m., on 09/18/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16705)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Diskeeper Corporation\Diskeeper\DkService.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\SiteAdvisor\McSACore.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mcproxy\mcproxy.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSK\MskSrver.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\ULCDRSvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxpers.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\pptd40nt.exe
C:\Program Files\Brother\Brmfcmon\BrMfcWnd.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Brother\ControlCenter3\brccMCtl.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\WINDOWS\V0400Mon.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\VIRUSS~1\mcvsshld.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLLoginProxy.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcsvrcnt.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\msc\mcupdui.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\Program Files\Brother\Brmfcmon\BrMfcmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://www.metacrawler.com/crawler?general=%s
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://www.metacrawler.com/crawler?general=%s
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://quicktimepro.apple.com/?coun...010200&qtVersion=07138000&cid=AOSA10000026883
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: Skype add-on (mastermind) - {22BF413B-C6D2-4d91-82A9-A0F997BA588C} - C:\PROGRA~1\Skype\Phone\IEPlugin\SKYPEI~1.DLL
O2 - BHO: McAntiPhishingBHO - {377C180E-6F0E-4D4C-980F-F45BD3D40CF4} - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\msk\mcapbho.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: scriptproxy - {7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231} - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan\scriptsn.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-suddenly-shuts-down.751223/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a:
-Pentium III
-667 MHz CPU
-512 MB of ram
-Windows XP
-ATI Radion 7000 Video card
-Linksys Ethernet card
Hi Everyone,

Computers never cease to amaze me. Just when I think that the computer is running "the way it should be", the damn thing restarts on me. It happened a few days ago while playing Madden 2003. It happened this morning, while printing a picture, I decided to close Paint Shop Pro. For some reason, I am leaning towards this being a video card problem. More specifically, I think there is a conflict between the video card driver and several programs on the computer (i.e. graphic intensive). It has always been my understanding that a computer is SUPPOSED to remain ON until you tell it to TURN OFF. I hope someone on this amazing board can HELP ME OUT!!

Thanks In Advance,
jgc77

A:Computer Shuts Off Suddenly

Hi,

I'm assuming that you've confirmed that your CPU fan is working properly? (in case it's overheating)

Check out this site....if you don't have this driver, then try downloading and installing it:

http://mirror.ati.com/support/infobase/3985.html

I know that the specific error they mention doesn't really apply to you, but it might help your problem.

You could also disable your computer from automatically restarting with system errors. Right-click on My Computer, go to Properties, then Advanced, then Settings (under Startup and Recovery), then take the checkmark off "Automatically Reboot". This is probably what's causing it to reboot....while you're working on something that deals with graphics, and the system generates an error, it automatically reboots.

These are just a couple of suggestions.

Columbo

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shuts-off-suddenly.115084/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi guys I m just a newbie and don t know how to mess inside my PC I just want to ask what problem my PC might have My PC is old but it is the only one I have Lately after some time of using my PC the graphics went crazy with big pixels and the resolution was messed up When I tried to print the output has gone crazy as well Then all of a sudden my PC shut off When I tried to restart it shut off again immediately Today as I suddenly after PC off shuts hours use of tried to start again everything seemed to be fine but again after hours of using the PC shut off again I worried that I might be hurting my PC since the problem still persists Fans are working PC shuts off suddenly after hours of use Specs Pentium Ghz GB DDR RAM GB SATA HD Board FOXCONN A Bus Clock megahertz OS Windows XP Professional Service Pack build I really need my PC for my upcoming school finals and projects I m desperate please help nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,

My other computer suddenly shut down while i was playing a game. Then i smelled a burning odor. I tried turning on the computer again but it wouldnt turn on so i opened the case and felt the hardwares. The power supply and the harddrive were hot.

What happened to my computer? how do i fix this?

Thank-you.

A:Computer suddenly shuts down...

have a look and see if you can see anything burnt on the motheboard.
powersupplies and HD are HOT - how hot - remember they do run very hot hence the fans.

when you turn on - do any fans spin up or lights come on - if not its likely to be the PSU.

you could try disconnecting the PSU from the MoBo and other devices and then switch on and see if fan in psu runs.

otherwise you probably need a meter to check if the psu is working.

whats the make/model of the PC and then maybe someone can advise more on parts etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-suddenly-shuts-down.216656/
Relevancy 52.46%

My Spectre x2 keeps turning off automatically without warning, even when I'm just watching YouTube videos or using Facebook. There's nothing to signal that it's going to happen, it just goes to a black screen.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Spectre-x2-shuts-down-suddenly/td-p/5671052
Relevancy 52.46%

Windows XP SP While I am using my laptop suddenly computer shuts down It shows a blue screen with some details of the error But before I could read it computer restarts After restart sometimes it may function normally and sometimes it would keep shutting down I have to turnoff the computer completely for few minutes and then it would start working normally This can happen at any time there is nothing specific about this behavior This is happenening for - months now Then it struck to my mind to check the log files of the system So I checked system log files in computer management It showed quot iaStor quot error there Whats this quot iaStor quot error Is that the problem for shuts down suddenly computer this computer shuts down suddenly kind of behavior Secondly the pointer on the laptop computer shuts down suddenly freezes for few computer shuts down suddenly seconds quite often and then its released from the frozen state When I am trying to click on a link or trying to scroll down the pointer or grabber sign freezes and then it gets released after - seconds Whats this behavior due to I did uninstall and reinstall the windows xp but still it gives same behavior for both the issues thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-shuts-down-suddenly-428378.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey,

My lenovo T400 has been working well for over 1 year now and since this morning it sometimes suddenly stops working.
It shuts down like if the batterie would be suddenly empty. This happened while it was on batterie and while working on power supply.

I am running Matlab currently, which is using all the CPU but the temperature seems to stay around 70 degrees celsius. I realy would enjoy some advice as I can't work without having solved this issue....

Thank you in advance,

Arthur

Relevancy 52.46%

My computer is having issues and I can't figure out what is wrong with it. Lately it's had this problem with just suddenly shutting off, especially when I'm playing a game. It will do it maybe once every day or every other day.

I turned off the hyper-threading function on the P4 and that stopped it for a couple of weeks but now its started up again.

Once it just suddenly restarted itself, but 99% of the time it will just shut off.

Every time it shuts off, I have to unplug it, wait for a couple of seconds then plug it back in. A couple of seconds after I plug it back in it will power up again on its own.

I'm not sure if it's the ram, power supply, software or what. What could be the most likely culprit?

Thanks and let me know if you need more details.

Relevancy 52.46%

my HP Paviliion 22z was one month old. I was using it and all of a sudden it shuts off. no warning message. I thought it's a power cord connection problem. but after I look carefully, no connection issue. I pressed the power button, it started and everything looked ok. However, this happens more and more often. It is less than 2 months old, as of today. no sign of slowing down or any problem using it. it just shuts down right away. looks like there is a power failure. but when i press the power button, it turns on and works just fine. lost the data I worked on. Very annoying. Anyway to fix it?

A:New HP Paviliion 22z All-in-One PC shuts down suddenly

It's under warranty. Let HP fix it. Do not tamper with it and make an issue worse.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/New-HP-Paviliion-22z-All-in-One-PC-shuts-down-suddenly/td-p/5740795
Relevancy 52.46%

Greetings-- my previous problem was wonderfully solved here, so am hoping help with new problem will be successful.

This past week I've suddenly developed a problem where without any warning the computer will shut off. The 'power' button on the PCU will go to an amber, and will not respond to repeated pressings. The only way I'm able to get it back on again is to cut the machine off at the power strip, then press the power button. I've run some various system scans, and nothing turns up.

I am using Windows XP, have a Gateway computer, and have NO CLUE about what is going on. Many thanks for your thoughts and suggestions. Please let me know what more information I need to provide for consideration.

THANKS,
MOL

A:Computer Suddenly Shuts Down

Hi there!

Before I can help you in any way, I would like you to give information on your computer, such as service packs are installed or not, do you get any error messages, have you been experiencing speed problems with the pc lately, or have you been fiddling with the registry( ). Thank you!
Looking forward to helping you!

Leslie CT

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-suddenly-shuts-down.423189/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey guys! Was wondering if you can help. I am trying to play gears of war and it stops working right in the middle of me starting it up. It would play for a while load up and the game will stop working and the program closes. I tried installing it and running it as admin. Installed reinstalled the game and directX still nothing. Any course of action you can recommend would be appreciated.

A:Gears of war suddenly shuts down.

i had the same problem, the only way i could get it to work was to use a no cd /dvd patch, hope this helps

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/179449-gears-war-suddenly-shuts-down.html
Relevancy 52.46%

My notebook computer has suddenly shut off three times today.

This has never happened before, except during times of cpu intensive activities,
such as video transcoding, where it has overheated.
...Then I bought a nice expensive cooling pad and it has never suddenly shut off since (until now).

The notebook did not feel that hot after any of the three times it shut off today,
and the cooling pad was turned on the last two times.

How can I figure out what the problem is?

A:Notebook suddenly shuts off

We can also check the memory and Hard drive .....

Bad memory will cause system shut down...
for memory you can use Memtest86 http://www.memtest86.com/
or Microsoft Memory test http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

and also bad sector on HD may casue that also...
For checking HD you can fellow http://www.sonexpc.com/support/how/1/0001

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-suddenly-shuts-off.1041878/
Relevancy 52.46%

need help!!! computer suddenly shuts off when setting up windows xp

A:Help computer suddenly shuts down

Maybe you could have read this first.
Guide To Making A Good Post: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic33297.html

If your computer is suddenly Shutting Down then firstly
1. Run Memtest86 to test your RAM.
2. Download the Testing software off your HDD Manufacturers website.

Then post back once you've done this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-computer-suddenly-shuts-down.107767/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,

Heres my problem:
When i start outlook and i hit F5 to check for mail, i get three spam emails (always the same ones) and then i get the message:

"microsoft windows ™ messaging subsystem spooler has encountered a problem..." etc

I guess thats the MAPISP32.exe thats necessary for sending and recieving email. So guess what happens, i cant recieve or send email. The only thing I know that I changed in the computer is that i recently disabled and then enabled again the system restore. I also recently installed SpywareBlaster. Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I run WinXP and MS Oulook 97.

A:MAPISP32.exe suddenly shuts down

You may have a corrupt mail spool. Call your isp and ask them if they can delete those first 3 spam messages and then see if it works.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/14129/mapisp32exe-suddenly-shuts-down/
Relevancy 52.46%

Please help. My HP Pavilion Notebook, Windows XP, just started randomly shutting down (complete shut down, doesn't restart on it's own). Sometimes I can use it for an hour, but other times only 10 minutes. It just started doing that today. I haven't made any changes recently. Doesn't seem to be overheating.

I've tried searching the archives, but can't seem to find any recent posts (all expired) to try to find some answers.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Connie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-computer-suddenly-shuts-down.837311/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a Medion 8000 computer running Windows XP. Recently it started booting very slowly (5 min or more) and after it boots, it suddenly, without warning, shuts itself off and then starts to reboot. Any suggestions? Also when it starts to book and says "Push F1 or Del to enter setup", and I puxh F1, nothing happens.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/medion-computer-shuts-off-suddenly.735921/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello i m stuck in a very bad shuts like problem suddenly, PC off seems a My temperature CPU situation i try to use my PC but it only will remain on for about two minutes and then shuts off then i try to turn it on again but it will remain on less and less time until i just cant even get to windows Then i let it rest My PC shuts off suddenly, seems like a CPU temperature problem for or minutes and then again the same situation i ve described above I checked the PSU and it seems ok i even changed it for a new one but the situation is still the same I can t make a ram mem test because it shuts off first don t have enough time I checked the temperatures at BIOS when i start the PC this is the status right after i turn it on CPU Temp C F it s a Pentium D MB Temp C F CPU Fan speed rpm is this too slow VCore Volt V V Voltage V V Voltage V V Voltage V Q-Fan Disabled And this are the readings just a minute or two later without even going to Windows yet CPU Temp C F MB Temp C F CPU Fan speed rpm VCore Volt V V Voltage V V Voltage V V Voltage V Q-Fan Disabled And then the PC just shuts off Are these temperatures very high if so what could be happening i don t have it overclocked or something and in the room the temperature is not so high it is hot but acceptable i ve been in worst temperatures with no problem at all I hope someone can help me thankx Ralphmex Specs Pentium D GB Ram Visiontek ATI X AGP Videocard ASUS P VDC-MX Mobo W PSU GB HDD GB HDD DVD CD Writer Recorder etc nbsp

A:My PC shuts off suddenly, seems like a CPU temperature problem

Yeah, the cpu is way too hot so it stops working.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-shuts-off-suddenly-seems-like-a-cpu-temperature-problem.82020/
Relevancy 52.03%

This has happened several times over the past couple days. I will be playing DC Universe Online and my Windows 7 x64 PC simply and abruptly shuts down. Not blue screen, nothing just power off. I have had the system for years and never seen this happen under other circumstances. I don't know how to figure this out at all. I don't know where to look and I don't even know if it is a hardware or software problem.

Any help is appreciated.

A:PC shuts down suddenly when playing game

Id firstly check your temps - if the CPU or GPU gets too hot it will shut your computer down to protect it. Software such as Real Temp & GPU-z may shed some light on any overheating issues

Regards

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/234654-pc-shuts-down-suddenly-when-playing-game.html
Relevancy 52.03%

My PC PC locks suddenly down / Shuts System locks up shuts down without any notice It also takes a long time to start up I believe the slow start up is because I have too much stuff opening up that is not really needed I notice the lock up problem happens more often when I use Firefox V then when I am using IE V I tried updating to IE but had so many issues with it that I had to go back to IE IE was locking up and not loading pages The log and zip file System locks PC / Shuts down suddenly are attached DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Molly at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www rio maricopa edu uSearch Page hxxp www System locks PC / Shuts down suddenly google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms System locks PC / Shuts down suddenly amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf mDefault Search URL hxxp www google com ie uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO Yahoo Companion BHO d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn ycomp dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO b de- c - bf-b b- b f a e - c program files microsoft money system mnyside dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO Gamevance Text f f- - - - fa c d - c program files gamevance gvtl dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO AVG Security Toolbar a a -bacc- d - - a e e - c progra avg avg AVGTOO DLL BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch c d fe-e d- -bb - c e e c e - c program files google google toolbar component fastsearch B E dll BHO EpsonToolBandKicker Class e fb- dd- f -b ac-b cae f a - c program files epson epson web-to-page EPSON Web-To-Page dll BHO EWPP - No File BHO Ask Toolbar BHO f d b -da b- daf- e -dfee a aa - c program files asksbar bar bin ASKSBAR DLL TB EPSON Web-To-Page ee d f- b- - d-c b aaeba d - c program files epson epson web-to-page EPSON Web-To-Page dll TB Yahoo Companion ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn ycomp dll TB AVG Security Toolbar a a -bacc- d - - a e e - c progra avg avg AVGTOO DLL TB Ask Toolbar f d b -da b- daf- e -dfee a aa - c program files asksbar bar bin ASKSBAR DLL TB amp Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll EB Real com fe fa -d c- d - fa- c f afe - c windows system Shdocvw dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot background uRun Weather c progra aws weathe Weather exe uRun swg c program files google googletoolbarnotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe mRun Ulead AutoDetector c program files ulead systems ulead photo explorer se basic Monitor exe mRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot mRun OFFICEKB c program files micro innovations keyboard kbdap a EXE mRun PC Pitstop Optimize Scheduler c program files pcpitstop optimize PCPOptimize exe -boot mRun COMODO Firewall Pro quot c program files comodo firewall cfp exe quot -s mRun AVG TRAY c progra avg avg avgtray exe mRun ISUSPM quot c program files common files installshield updateservice ISUSPM exe quot -scheduler mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot dRun Picasa Media Detector c program files picasa PicasaMediaDetector exe IE E amp... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/system-locks-pc-shuts-down-suddenly-336006.html
Relevancy 52.03%

odd problem...when i launch search, as soon as i try and input anything into any box, it shuts down suddenly and without any error messages. would appreciate any input. am running xp with 512 mbs ram, 1.1 gig amd chip, and 40 gig hd. all applicable xp updates have been installed.

thanks.

A:search function shuts down suddenly

Sounds like something could be corrupted. Just a guess though. When I have had funky problems, I have tried a couple of things, which include a repair/reinstall. Basically, you run your WinXP disc in a repair mode. It should replace only the Windows files, so your settings will remain the same. You will have to re-update your "updates" though.

Again, just a suggestion.

http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/repair_xp.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/search-function-shuts-down-suddenly.91365/
Relevancy 52.03%

Not sure if this is where I m supposed to put this but here goes My father s laptop keeps shutting off I know the battery suddenly Computer shuts Solved: off is very poor but I don t think it is what is causing the problem When you boot the computer up it runs through boot loads windows but as soon as it gets to the login screen it suddenly does a hard shut Solved: Computer suddenly shuts off down like it suddenly loses Solved: Computer suddenly shuts off power Turn it back on and you get the quot start windows normaly quot option and it loads windows but as soon as it comes to the login screen complete shuts off no shutting down just hard shut down The battery is bad enough that when you unplug the power cord it shuts off like that but the power cord was plugged in We had a bad storm last night but the power cord was plugged into a surge protector so I don t know if the cord is damaged When the computer shuts off at log in screen it seems to do it at the same place I don t know if it is a power issue or a Windows issue Any ideas Thanks in advance guys Adam nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Does anyone have a idea on why my computer shuts down mostly when playing games
the screen flickers once and then shuts everything down sometimes you can restart the system and it's ok but other tiimes it just keeps shutting off
I've tried troubleshooting everything but can not fiqure it out so please help
I am running windows xp with service pac 2

A:Computer shuts dowon suddenly????

What kind of computer and what are the specs? Video card, motherboard, power supply?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-shuts-dowon-suddenly-208933.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I use Sony Vegas 6 for video editing. Today I opened the program and went to the "Import" menu, but the program shut down and disappeared. I reopened it and went back to the menu, but again the program closed. This keeps happening when I go to the "Import" menu - any way I can get it to stop?Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:Sony Vegas 6 shuts down suddenly

Uninstall...reinstall...update Vegas 6 seems worth an effort.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/257226/sony-vegas-6-shuts-down-suddenly/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, I'm helping a friend out with her Acer Aspire 3620. Its in pretty bad shape, I attempted to wipe the hard drive and reinstall XP, but when the process begins the notebook shuts off suddenly. Chkdsk has the same results after about 5%. I suspect faulty power supply or overheating, anybody have any other clues or things I should try to keep it going?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-notebook-shuts-off-suddenly.707129/
Relevancy 52.03%

My PC is an XP Home, service pack 2.
My internet has been acting strangely lately. Sometimes it comes up with a white page or takes a couple of trys, also difficult to close at times.
These messages are now showing and the pages closes down even when I try to debug, also it closes down immediately at times when I click on something and sometimes I can't type on the search line.

dbgheap.c, line 1132, debug errorm debug assertion failed, breakpoint.
Expression:-CH1sValidHeapPointer(pUserData)

I have disabled 3rd party browser extensions, and have took off Google as my search engine.
I'm clean of malware or viruses.

Go easy on explaining to me, I'm a senior and a little slower then I'd like to be at times understanding.
Thank you.

A:Internet shuts down suddenly, at times won't.

Hi .

What browser? What version?

You realize that not having SP3 installed...makes your system more vulnerable to malware....than it would be if you had SP3 installed?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/347209/internet-shuts-down-suddenly-at-times-wont/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello! So i've been trying to find a solution to my x360 laptop. Yesterday, while i was typing in microsoft word for some school projects, it suddenly shuts down. I thought it ran out of battery but i perfectly remember it was fully charged! But i did try plugging the AC charger anyway but to no avail, nada... no lights or anything went on. If someone knows a solution, hopefully you can reply. I'm desperate right now and deadlines are next week already so without my laptop i cant do much so, help!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavilion-x360-suddenly-shuts-down/td-p/5704105
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey guys Got a new PC down, after can't suddenly Solved: again shuts open problem again here after my other pc well me and my brother was playing some games Dota to be exact then suddenly my PC shuts down After that we tried turning it on again and it doesn t open anymore I thought it s an overheat because the casing was pretty hot so I opened it and I let it cool for hour tried to turn it on but still it didn t turn on We didn t hear any exploding sounding we didn t smell any burnt plastic What could be possibly the problem of my pc Can it be Solved: PC suddenly shuts down, can't open again after because of power supply Or what PC specs Intel Core i st gen or st release something like that AsRock H M-LE Motherboard Palit GeForce GT GB bit pcs Geil GB DDR RAM pcs GB Western Digital Caviar Blue Hard Disk Power Logic ATX- -W Power Supply Need help asap please So that we can Solved: PC suddenly shuts down, can't open again after buy whatever it is broken before christmas and it s ruining our holiday nbsp

A:Solved: PC suddenly shuts down, can't open again after

probably power logic are cheap junk

leave it for a few hours and see if you can get into the bios and look for the 12v reading and the cpu temp

psu brands recommende

corsair hx tx ax models only
seasonic
xfx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-pc-suddenly-shuts-down-cant-open-again-after.1082075/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi All I have DELL INSPIRON R series laptop with WINDOW Hardware i Proc GB GB DDR RAM Problem MY CPU meter unncessarily shoots upto and system shuts down Instances Twice When I was on video conference with of my friends Google Plus Hang Out - Google Chrome browser When I tried to Mix audio and Video in Windows Live Movie Maker I use a Software called Fruity Loops for Music Programming I had created a project months ago with this software It worked fine then The CPU consumption to play my program live was Nominal I opened the same shuts shoots up suddenly down and meter system to CPU 100% project a CPU meter suddenly shoots up to 100% and system shuts down couple of weeks ago and the project wouldnt even play It drags CPU shoots up and system shuts down I removed all the unncessary programs that I had installed on my machine I still face the problem The problem first occured when I used Adobe Audition to remove noise from a recording Could any one help me out of this Thanks Vetri

A:CPU meter suddenly shoots up to 100% and system shuts down

Maybe its shuting down because the processor overheats, time for spring cleanning?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/221549-cpu-meter-suddenly-shoots-up-100-system-shuts-down.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi Down Shuts My Suddenly without [SOLVED] Warning PC Completely I have a -year-old NEC desktop PC-VL CD with XP Home Edition SP About [SOLVED] My PC Suddenly Shuts Down Completely without Warning months ago it began to shut down in the midst of a scheduled weekly full virus scan I contacted McAfee and they recommended that I do a scan disk disk cleanup and defrag which I did But the problem remained About a month later my PC started to instantly and totally shut down if I watched a video of more than a few minutes Now it is even worse Sometimes it shuts down when I am not even using the PC And the frequency is increasing Yesterday it shut down times in hour All I was doing was some simple browsing and writing with Word I don't know if there is any relationship But at around the same time as the above problem began I started having trouble using my CD DVD drive I usually can't eject a disk until after I have rebooted the PC a few times In addition to pushing the eject button I have tried clicking on the drive and choosing eject to no avail In addition the PC sometimes stopped recognizing the drive when I tried to use it I mean it did not show up at all when I tried to find it via My Computer I have not tried to use it for over a month The drive always shows up now But it says UsbDrive rather than CD DVD Drive One final symptom When I clicked on the drive the PC sometimes froze I of course contacted NEC about the drive They said that they think it is a hardware problem and that it has to be sent in for repairs I am hoping that reinstalling a driver or some other workaround will solve the problem Well I don't know if these two problems are related But I will be most grateful if anyone has solutions InfoHungry

A:[SOLVED] My PC Suddenly Shuts Down Completely without Warning

what are you running
video card
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
wattage

any error message
check your tempretures and voltages in the bios and post them

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-my-pc-suddenly-shuts-down-completely-without-warning-292499.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello
I have a PC with BENQ senseeye3 led monitor .... as i was playing gta5 today and out of a sudden i started to see that my monitor is filled with colored dots and spaces and started to hear a strange noise ... so i forecfully restarted my pc and thr same thing happened as soon as windows 7 logo appeared but this time after few seconds the monitor showed "signal can not be detected" ....
I restarted for the second time this time using safe mode .... the monitor has green lines all over ... and i can only run on safe mode ... normal mode freezes

I checked cables ... they seem ok ..
I reinstalled nvidiq driver ... no change at all
My gpu is nvidia geforce 9800 gt

So please whats wrong? Is it a hardware or software problem and where exactly?

A:my monitor suddenly turns into colors then shuts off ..

Tried "Last Known Good Configuration" in F8 menu?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/373132-my-monitor-suddenly-turns-into-colors-then-shuts-off.html
Relevancy 51.6%

hello, i had for quite a time that my computer shuts down all of a sudden, whether im playing a game or watching a movie or just idling.
i thought it was something about the temperature, but it was not.
the problem first showed up after i upgraded my GPU card from gtx570 to gtx 770.
Attachment 53852

up here is my BSOD file.
hope you can help me.
thanks!

A:Error 0x8000000000000002- computer shuts down suddenly

You have 3 hard drives. What is the make/model/wattage and age of your Power Supply?

Lot's of Windows Updates failures in the WER section of the MSINFO32 report. If the problems continue, please post over in the Windows Updates & Activation - Windows 8 Forums for further expert assistance with this issue.

There are no memory dumps in the uploaded reports - nor are there any hints about them in the WER section of MSINFO32.
Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog))
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility: HWMonitor CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

There are enough signs here that I have to wonder about this installation. Should this be a pirated copy of Windows, please be aware that we may not be able to fix it (as the hacks that were done to activate it will cause the OS to behave differently than we expect it to). If that's the case, our efforts to help may just waste your time. Secondly, the forum rules prohibit assisting with pirated software - so the topic would be closed if that is the case.

Please provide the MGADiag report according to these instructions (from this post: Product Key Number - Uninstall and Deactivate in Windows - Page 3 - Windows 7 Help Forums ):

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
Once saved, run the tool.
Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/57034-error-0x8000000000000002-computer-shuts-down-suddenly.html
Relevancy 51.6%

All right I m having a problem that has me stumped and I can t think of a cheap way to troubleshoot so here I shortly shuts after suddenly power-on off System am Now as you can tell from the title of this thread System shuts off suddenly shortly after power-on my computer powers off right after I turn it on Sometimes it will boot up Windows just fine only to have it turn off automatically after minutes or so but outta times the system won t even stay on for more than a second Naturally I thought it was System shuts off suddenly shortly after power-on a shoddy PSU System shuts off suddenly shortly after power-on so I swapped it out with a PSU from my other machine same problem Next I tried unplugging each of my drives HDs one by one maybe they were causing the prob somehow Nope Now I was able to get into my BIOs briefly before my last crash I checked my PC Health settings and everything checks out My fans are spinning properly and my CPU seems to be staying at a cool degrees C Now I have had a fan make some noise once in a while but not enough to get me worried No I don t know which fan When I power on all fans spin nicely then the system just shuts off usually before POST BAH On the rare occasions it lets me into Windows my logs show no problems not even an quot Unexpected Shutdown quot error Windows doesn t even try to check the disk for errors during boot you know like it normally does after an improper shutdown Ok here s my specs Gigabyte MB with a AMD CPU gig o RAM matching Kingston s Seagate gig SATA HD GForce FX video SB Audigy Platnium sound The system was assembled by me in Oct it hasn t given me any trouble until now I keep it dust free in and out no dust on the inside that I can see and I haven t made any hardware upgrades in months I m out of ideas nbsp

A:System shuts off suddenly shortly after power-on

the problematic component is highly likely to be the motherboard. don't worry, because you wiseley built your own and avioded buying an oem build. consequently, you should to be able to choose from a wide selection of replacement boards at competitive proces. good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-shuts-off-suddenly-shortly-after-power-on.26855/
Relevancy 51.6%

This has happened to me a few times already The first time was shuts Computer turns suddenly off on and back in February Then it happened yesterday Today it happened again The symptoms are always the same The computer would suddenly shut off without warning The power light would go out completely but then it would turn itself back on The computer would make a Computer shuts off and turns back on suddenly weird noise Hard to explain It's like it's trying Computer shuts off and turns back on suddenly to run something But it's not the usual quot whirrrrr quot sound I typically hear when it's busy I wish I could explain it better Looking at the Event Logs I noticed this for each of the times it blacked out like this ACPI thermal zone ACPI ThermalZone THRM has been enumerated PSV K TC TC TSP ms AC K AC K AC K AC K AC K AC K AC K AC K AC K AC K CRT K HOT K PSL - see Computer shuts off and turns back on suddenly event data Could this be an overheating issue Or maybe a power supply issue

A:Computer shuts off and turns back on suddenly

please follow the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/285887-computer-shuts-off-turns-back-suddenly.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I use an HP Pavillion dv cl Notebook I have owned since April I have had several problems with it and I think this might have been the last straw I hope there is a fix for it because I cant afford a new laptop just yet so any help will be appreciated Yesterday i was using my laptop conncected to a GB WD external hard drive I began hearing this high pictched whine and I assumed it was my fan since it had been on for a while suddenly it shut off as if I had pulled out the battery Pressed the power button several times but it did nothing Then i noticed the high pitched noise was still audible and more annoying than ever Turned out it was coming from the power supply primarily the big brick shaped section It is the rd power cord I ve owned all my other ones keep breaking or stop working Anyway I dont think it s the problem because i have used another power back Computer won't shuts off, suddenly on turn cord and it didnt charge the battery or allow the computer to power up I have also tried the hold power button for sec then connect power and turn on then connect battery routine to discharge any power in the comp but to no avail Is it dead or is there a way i can fix it Man I never thought buying this Computer suddenly shuts off, won't turn back on pda phone weeks ago would be so helpful well now I m stuck with it as my only means for internet access please help nbsp

A:Computer suddenly shuts off, won't turn back on

Try this... without the defective PSU(Power Supply) or any other power source plugged into the notebook.

Then try the 30-sec, no-battery installed thing.

With your PSU "exploding" - it might have fried your notebook. Hopefully data on drive is still good. Even if your notebook is alive, it may still be damaged... and those HPs are not quite good...

Look at ThinkPads (starting at $550 with Core2Duo CPUs) soon...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-suddenly-shuts-off-wont-turn-back-on.840591/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,Hope I've posted the question in right category. My laptop is 1.5 years old. Was working fine,with battery backup of 4 hours,until one day the battery died suddenly. The laptop didn't turn on. After taking it to a technician, I got to know that I've to buy a new battery pack. I bought a compatible battery with specifications 14.4v and 2200mAh (4 cell). After replacing it, I'm facing with an annoying problem. The laptop suddenly shuts down automatically, when working on battery. It works fine if I use only adapter. There's no definite time period of shutting down. Sometimes it happens twice a day, or won't happen even for 4 days continuously. I've disposed off my original battery, and didn't remember its configurations. The manual requirement says 41Whr 4 cell. Please help me in this case. Really in a need of urgent help! P.s. Got the heat sink checked, and there is no heating problem in laptop.Thanks 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Hp-Compaq-15-s105tu-suddenly-shuts-down-on-battery/td-p/5765073
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello I'm writing this thread because error:BAD_POOL_CALLER PC suddenly, down reporting an shuts i wanted to report something that happens to my laptop For a start i'm using a vaio sony mini laptop running on windows whose processor is AMD E - APU with radeon tm HD graphics GB ram a -bit OS x -based processor Honestly i don't know much about this pc i just opened the pc info hope it helps Regarding the problem i'm experiencing i've been having sudden shut downs during my work -pc would show a sad face emotion saying that my pc has PC shuts down suddenly, reporting an error:BAD_POOL_CALLER encountered a problem and needs PC shuts down suddenly, reporting an error:BAD_POOL_CALLER to restart and its collecting info about the problem- concluding that PC shuts down suddenly, reporting an error:BAD_POOL_CALLER i should probably search for the error so called quot BAD POOL CALLER quot And so i did but here's what i dont understand when my pc starts again a message pops up saying it would send details about the problem i had to Microsoft so they could take action infact i've been approving on sending those messages since and nothing happens These sudden shut downs have been taking place since or so as a result i searched alot for answers and came up with quot probably an out of date driver you must update quot i do as a matter of fact open the settings and click on windows update however after it finishes all its updates it shuts down suddenly again yet i downloaded a program called quot reviver driver quot thinking that it would see if i had any out of date drivers but all it says that i should update stuff about the bluetooth i don't really think that out of date bluetooth stuff would actually cause this problem as far as to the SF Debug tool i downloaded it and clicked continue so it can make a file on my desktop called sfdebugfiles rar i zipped it but it mentioned errors about a file which cannot be zipped cause another processor is using it i chose to break the operation and closed the window idont know if this really going to mess things up but i hope they dont here are the files Thanks in advance

A:PC shuts down suddenly, reporting an error:BAD_POOL_CALLER

The best place to check for driver updates is the Sony website. The drivers on Windows Update aren't updated very often.

As for the Bluetooth drivers - there is a known problem with some Win8 bluetooth drivers having BSOD problems on Win8.1
I haven't checked yours yet, but I will tell you if I do find them to be outdated.
EDIT: You don't have Win8.1 installed, so the Bluetooth drivers most likely aren't a problem here.

Most systems have 160 to 190 or more Windows Updates. Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates (it may take several trips to get them all).

The reports are missing the MSINFO32.nfo report. Please do this:

MSINFO32:
Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).

If you're having difficulties with the format, please open an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt and type (or copy/paste) "msinfo32 /nfo %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\TEST.NFO" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Then navigate to Desktop to retrieve the TEST.NFO file. If you have difficulties with making this work, please post back. Then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.

The memory dumps have a lot of Kaspersky drivers in them. Please uninstall Kaspersky. Tell it to remove everything - but be sure you've written down your registration info if you want to install it again.

Please uninstall Norton also. Tell it to remove everything - but be sure you've written down your registration info if you want to install it again.

It looks like you might have AVG or Avast installed also - please uninstall them also.

DO NOT INSTALL 2 antivirus' or 2 firewalls/Internet Security programs that will be running constantly on the system - they will conflict with each other and will cause problems.

Make sure that Windows Defender and the Windows Firewall are activated while testing (for protection).

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

ew_jubusenum.sys Tue Feb 22 04:14:35 2011 (4D637E7B)
HUAWEI Mobile Connect - Bus Enumerate Device
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ew_jubusenum.sys

If all of this doesn't stop the BSOD's, please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions: Driver Verifier Settings

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Mon Aug 25 03:09:04.244 2014 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\082514-34164-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (2 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16912.amd64fre.win8_gdr.140502-1507
System Uptime:0 days 9:48:26.483
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for tcpip.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for klwfp.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for klwfp.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for kneps.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for kneps.sys
Probably caused by :NETIO.SYS ( NETIO! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+7c9 )
BugCheck C2, {7, 11c1, 420640, fffffa8008ca1980}
BugCheck Info: BAD_POOL_CALLER (c2)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000007, Attempt to free pool which was already freed
Arg2: 00000000000011c1, (reserved)
Arg3: 0000000000420640, Memory contents of the pool block
Arg4: fffffa8008ca1980, Address of the block of pool being deallocated
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc2_7_ApxD
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xc2_7_ApxD_N... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/52505-pc-shuts-down-suddenly-reporting-error-bad_pool_caller.html
Relevancy 51.6%

i have a gateway computer using vista sp1 and today while surfing youtube, it shutdown out of no where.
The last things i have done before it shutting down was going to msconfig and unchecking the startup of MACROMAKER, which i downloaded yesterday..
first i tried to use startup repair and it would take 15-20 minutes to finish loading but would just shut back down after
I tried to install windows xp and booted it but it would shut down when it is loading.
I also tried to load windows but it only got to the desktop once or twice and then shutdown after a few seconds so i have no time to restore point

i cant get to safe mode either

A:vista shuts down suddenly and restart only to shutdown again

Hi!i cant get to safe mode eitherI'm guessing you mean you get the same problem when in safe mode?Computers randomly shutting down is indicative of a cooling issue (usually with the processor). Open up the case and have a look at the processor fan. Dust buildup can cause processors to overheat and switch off as a fail-safe.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/279173/vista-shuts-down-suddenly-and-restart-only-to-shutdown-again/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a HDX16 laptop running windows 7. The battery is a year and a few months old, and yesterday was giving me at least 50 min of battery life. However today, it wont hold a charge at all and my computer shuts down completely whenever the power supply is interrupted for a millisecond. I ask because this is the second time a battery has suddenly stopped working on me and I am wondering if there is a reason for this. I tried to check the battery condition by hitting esc + f2 when my computer starts up, but there is no battery check option. Any explanation or advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks for your time. 

A:Battery suddenly stops working - computer shuts off despite ...

Hey Aitchpk,  I'm sorry you're having a battery issue. I would suggest running a battery check using HP Support Assistant if you have it installed on your computer.  You could also try using this standalone Battery Check. Do you have any issues like this if you operate the computer without the battery and just have the power cord plugged in?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-suddenly-stops-working-computer-shuts-off-despite/td-p/2560581
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey can anyone help me out here My operating system is Vista My computer suddenly goes into a blue screen and says that there is something critical in my system and will shut down to prevent A Shuts Blue Screen Computer Into Please Down! Suddenly And Turns Help My Me, data loss So I let it shut down I reboot in safe mode and I find that Windows Security tells me that Please Help Me, My Computer Suddenly Turns Into A Blue Screen And Shuts Down! the entire Security System is turned off I tried turning it back on but an error message pops up I used Tune Up and did a system restore I rebooted and it said that the system restore was successful but then the next day the same thing happened What am I supposed to do --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- OTHER INFORMATION February - pm I am scanning my computer right now with my original ESET NOD Smart Security then Spybot Search and Destroy then Windows Defender I will post the results as a quot found infection quot or quot did not find infection quot Operating System Vista bit Please help me if you can I don't thing this is a MAJOR thing but I would love to not have to restart my computer every couple hours Thx noelzelda

A:Please Help Me, My Computer Suddenly Turns Into A Blue Screen And Shuts Down!

Scanned with Eset Nod 32, Spybot S&D, and Windows Defender. All with no infections found. What should I do now?{Mod Edit:Moved to more appropriate Forum~~boopme}

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/129132/please-help-me-my-computer-suddenly-turns-into-a-blue-screen-and-shuts-down/
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm using a Hp pavilion pc on a windows XP os, and i was working in photoshop, when without warning my pc shuts down, i could care less about the lost picture, i just want my PC to boot, now it seems that it's only a booting problem, not a running problem. I've considered a soft restart by pressing F10 when the splash screen appears but i don't know if that will cause a loss of data on my C:, but i can't boot to back anything up OR even get to safe mode...... help....

A:PC Suddenly shuts down, then Theres a boot disk error, What Happend?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Look HERE at how to do a non destructive recovery. It`s under the heading of Recovery During Startup

I hope it helps.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-suddenly-shuts-down-then-theres-a-boot-disk-error-what-happend.44942/
Relevancy 50.74%

After surfing the net. watching videos from youtube, my computer suddenly shuts itself off. After rebooting my computer. The folder icon became corrupted and I can't seem to delete it. It gives the message ' windows is not responding '. After restarting the computer once again, the folder becomes accessible again but the file icon is still corrupted. I tried changing and restoring the icon but neither seem to work. It annoys me alot and I hope someone could help me :/

A:File icon corrupted after window 7 suddenly shuts down.

Hello xlord02

Try this - Icon Cache - Rebuild
If that doesn't solve the icon issue please post back with a screenshot of the icons - Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums
How to Use the Snipping Tool in Vista - Vista Forums

Danny

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/204758-file-icon-corrupted-after-window-7-suddenly-shuts-down.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello ...
I have had a Toshiba C850-A965 laptop for 4 years
and it's been working perfectly
untill one day recently, a message poped up saying that there's something wrong with the battery and should be replaced, but it was still the same, works for an hour and a half approximately
But, I went ahead and bought a new battery, the message disappeared
and i fully charged and then started the laptop
it worked for about 15 mins and then it shut down ( like u took the plug off from a desktop computer) without any warning
when i turned it back on, it was still fully charged !!! and the shutting down happend again and again :(
the old battery is still working fine
so that must mean that there's nth wrong with my laptop right? and the battery is bad?
please give me your opinions
thank you for your precious time

A:laptop battery problem, laptop shut down suddenly

Could still be a faulty battery. It can read the correct voltage off load, but as soon as you put a load on it, it takes a dive. The battery status symbol is just that, a symbol. The only foolproof method of proving it is to replace it with a known good battery. Do you have any good friends with a similar laptop ?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/laptop-battery-problem-laptop-shut-down-suddenly-4606017/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi I have following problem When working on my computer it turns off suddenly but it is not a full shut down like when you pull out ppower cord instead monitor becomes balck green LED is still ON and LED on computer case is ON indicating it is working but no other activity Hard disk is no active and I don t hear FAN anymore My only solution is to press power button and hold for a few seconds and then computer shuts down Then when I try to reboot computer simply stop reacting before memory testing and waits for something After a minute or two it continue "shuts computer suddenly down" booting Sometimes it boots normaly and works normaly What could be a reason Configuration is Windows XP Pentium GHz MB RAM partition GB and GB I hope it is because of some software nad not hardware fault Does anyone have similar experience I have searchd the board but didn t find anything to solve my problem Thanks very much nbsp

Relevancy 43%

This started a couple of days ago I have a Packard Bell GHz MB RAM running Windows XP I bought it around months ago Here s the problem A couple of days ago the printer reported a communications failure with the computer All the cables were seated OK so I shut down Windows and restarted to see if that would help The computer wouldn t boot Puzzled I switched off and then I noticed that the side of the laptop was very warm Checking underneath I found that the area above the battery cover was very very hot and this heat was radiating to other areas I unplugged everything and left the laptop to cool down After minutes or so I tried again and this time it booted getting very Laptop suddenly hot fine and ran smoothly However after around minutes the same Laptop suddenly getting very hot area as before had become very very hot again Worried I shut the thing down again I have a couple of questions Firstly would a cooling device I m thinking of one of those pads on which a laptop sits to keep it cold would such a device help Secondly as the heat is centered on the battery area would removing the batteries be a solution The laptop is used on a tabletop at home almost exclusively and I operate it on mains power almost all the time Thirdly could it be a fan problem I can hear the fans whirring occasionally and looking through the vent I can t see any obvious signs of dirt fluff etc Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

My Gateway m-1634u, Vista Just shuts off anytime from 20 minutes to an hour, I'm thinking its a bad connection from the plug/Battery to the mother board. I've removed the cover over the fan and cleaned it, I tried another plug it did the same thing. Any help would be appreciated! It's just a year old!
Thank you,
IMAGOOFYNUT2

A:Laptop just shuts off

If you are within the warranty, call Gateway asap.

Otherwise, you can try a different AC adapter, leave out the battery to see if that makes a difference, remove all peripherals, etc. to see what works...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-just-shuts-off.906111/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi

Recently my laptop has developed the annoying habit of shutting down whenever I play a game. More specifically (and only) games that are stored on my data D: drive. I'm able to play for about 15 mins before it just goes black.

During the restart I get the well known safe mode etc.. possibilities. After choosing normal mode, everything seems fine again.

I don't know much about computers so I'm not sure what information is relevant.

Please help.
Vermeulen

A:Laptop just shuts down.

Hi vermeulen,

Playing games on laptops puts stress on the laptop so it's possible that the laptop is overheating. I recommend getting a compress air can and pointing it towards the vent so of the laptop. Blow the dust off and see if that helps alleviate your computer issue. Hope everything works out well for you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-just-shuts-down-622840.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi off just Laptop shuts all I am writing to ask for help with Laptop just shuts off my brothers laptop For some unknown reason it shuts down instantly when you log onto an account but works fine in safe mode I can only assume that this is the work of virus's or trojans The fan is fine so I assume that this is nothing to do with the problem I have supplied the required reports and look forward to your advice thanks so much Lee DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Run by Jt at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic GMT AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF SP AVG Anti-Virus Free enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF SP Spybot - Search and Destroy enabled Outdated ED FAF- B F- B -ACA - E C DADBE Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows helppane exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Users Jt Desktop dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp search mywebsearch com mywebsearch default jhtml ptnrS ZCfox amp ptb F kbmdGBf OqL MP xCSQ uDefault Page URL hxxp www fujitsu-siemens com index mDefault Page URL hxxp www fujitsu-siemens com index uURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll uURLSearchHooks H - No File BHO MyWebSearch Search Assistant BHO a faf - e- cf- - f a d - c program files mywebsearch bar bin MWSSRCAS DLL BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO mwsBar BHO b ea -a - -b bb- de cca - c program files mywebsearch bar bin MWSBAR DLL BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Windows Live Family Safety Browser Helper Class f ed cd- - a - f -d f d ac - c program files windows live family safety fssbho dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c program files spybot - search amp destroy SDHelper dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b e aac b - c program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SEPsearchhelperie dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper e a dc - - a - ea-dc ec acf - c program files windows live toolbar wltcore dll TB amp Windows Live Toolbar fa ef- d- d - b f- a d - c program files windows live toolbar wltcore dll TB AVG Security Toolbar ccc a -b ca- -b a - f dd - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll TB My Web Search b ea -a - -b bb- de cca - c program files mywebsearch bar bin MWSBAR DLL TB A A -BACC- D - - A E E - No File uRun CurseClient c program files curse CurseClient exe -silent uRun SpybotSD TeaTimer c program files spybot - search amp destroy TeaTimer exe uRun MyWebSearch Email Plugin c progra mywebs bar bin mwsoemon exe mRun fssui quot c program files windows live family safety fsui exe quot -autorun mRun RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe mRun Skytel Skytel exe mR... Read more

Relevancy 42.57%

i have compaq presario...and i run windows 7 home premium...i use superantispyware and microsoft essentials...whenever i run superantispyware in safemode it shuts down...i use this laptop to view free movies online...can anyone offer any suggestions as to why this is happening or any other suggestions

A:my laptop shuts down

You can run SAS and your AV program...in normal mode?

Did you run a full scan of your system with installed AV program?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489652/my-laptop-shuts-down/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1501 with Vista. It's about 4 years old. Everything was working fine. All of the sudden it starts to shut down by itself. When I try to start up again, it shuts down within seconds. I tried it again after a while. It booted up ok then after 15 minutes it down. The T tech at work mentioned it may be the fan. I purchased a new fan and hotsink from the Dell website. I installed both, the laptop qorked for about 45 minutes to 1 hour before it shut down again. Does anyone recommend anyhhting else that I can do to fix the problem. Thanks

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi there,

I'm new to this...I've had my laptop for 4 years and have Win XP. It works really good and have not had major problems with it until recently. When it sits on, plugged in for awhile without being touched, it will turn off. I don't see it happen but I notice it completely off if I come back to it. Can anyone help me as to what could be wrong? Oh...it's a Gateway if that makes a difference. Thanks.

A:My laptop shuts down on it's own

It could be a heat related issue. Probably the cpu, because booting up and running the OS turns up the heat and when it reaches it's Max temp without proper cooling it will automatically shutdown. I don't think it's a motherboard related problem because then you would get a BSOD when you boot. One way to see if it is heat related is by feeling under the laptop and also when you power up, check if the fan is always on blowing hot air all the time ( Be careful while checking for heat ). If not then check your power setting in control panel, see if it is set to shutdown after a certain time. Or maybe the AC adapter is dying ??!! Good luck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-laptop-shuts-down-on-its-own-454598.html
Relevancy 42.57%

My daughter's laptop, a Compaq Presario 2700 running Windows XP Home Edition was shutting itself down and she had no control over it. She decided to just backup everything and do a restore, so she used the F10 to get into her Bios so it would recognize her CD Drive first and used the restore disc and was successful in that. But now it is doing the voo doo shutting down by itself thing again.

Also when she was downloading Service Pack 2 there was a file that wasn't loading properly: 810833: security update (Windows XP)

Also when she turns on the computer it gives the following message:

WksSb.exe - Application Error
The application failed to initialized properly (0xc0000006).
Click on ok to terminate the application.

If there is anyone who can help me with this, I would very much appreciate it. Not sure what to do at this point.

Thanks! Jackie

Relevancy 42.57%

My Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop continues to shut off on its own at random. It has 3GB RAM and 2.00 GHz (1.5 years old). I have read several similar posts, but none match so I am creating this new one. I got it with Vista on it. No problems for a year, then random shut downs for several months, sometimes 5 times in an hour and sometimes zero times for 2 weeks. Finally took fatal crash a week ago. Wiped it clean and formatted it. Due to issues I have heard with Vista I decided to try Windows 7 instead. No issues on day one. Then 5 crashes on day 2. Other threads suggested not enough RAM. I think I have plenty. I have run AV and Malware repeatedly. Overheating doesn't seem to fit since it can be on for hours with no issue then the other day it crashed within 5 minutes after being off all night. Any new suggestions or ideas? Thanks.

A:Laptop shuts off on its own

Have you run Memtest? The first place to start with this sort of symptoms is your memory - the issue wouldn't be quantity, but rather quality (you may have 1 or 2 sticks that are failing).

Download and burn Memtest onto a CD, and then Boot directly to the CD (you may have to press F8 immidately at your boot screen to boot to the CD, or press "Del" or F1 to enter the BIOS and change the Boot settings to check the CD before your Hard Drives).

Let Memtest run for a while - if you don't seen any errors, I'd let it run for 12 hours to be certain. If you get errors, try pulling out your ram one stick at a time and running memtest again until you can discern which sticks (or slots) are causing the problem.

If all RAM and slots check out, then you can move on to other possibilities.

http://www.memtest.org/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-shuts-off-on-its-own.933679/
Relevancy 42.57%

I was just logging in to win xp on my toshiba satellite, and there was a power loss (I directly plug, have no battery). But now it won't start! I've tried every start mode, and they all seem to begin loading, then go to blue screen and reboots by itself! I'm guessing there's nothing electrically wrong, since it does power up, but I don't know what to do... Please Help!!!

A:Laptop Shuts Down

What OS are you running? Try booting from the windows CD and go into the recovery console and run chkdsk /r.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-shuts-down.701415/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a toshiba laptop , some programs shut the computer off with no warning.I can turn it back on immediately and no error messages. Any ideas?

A:laptop shuts 0ff

Are these programs being used by you or the laptop? By this, does it happen when your watching a movie and haven't touched the keyboard or mouse?
If so, it may just be your power settings (your power save mode may be active).
Right click on the desktop>left click properties>click screensaver>left click power. You can check your settings from there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-shuts-0ff.375182/
Relevancy 42.57%

Lap top slowed down over past three weeks, after down load, Macafee anti virus cant pick up any fault or virus...
No message appears, but seems when a large program is used such as Media player or MSN it just shuts down
At times it would not even let me sign on to msn or even log on
I need help please

A:Laptop Shuts Down

What did you download? You have to be more specific with you problem
Mark

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/94222/laptop-shuts-down/
Relevancy 42.57%

My laptop will start up with the black 'starting windows' window and then go to the blue screen where it says administrator with an icon. When I click on it it says it's loading then the screen goes black and a little message pops up saying 'windows could not complete the instillation. To install windows on this computer restart the instillation.' when I press my only option which is 'OK' my laptop logs off and shuts down. This keeps happening every time I turn it on. I need my laptop for school how can I get it working again?? I don't have any of the discs that came with it when I purchased it. Please help

A:Laptop shuts down

Most computers have a hidden partition with a recovery on it. If used you will lose all your personal files. Try tapping the F8 key when you turn on the computer and see if you can get to Safe Mode. Let us know and also the make and model of your computer. The model number will be on the bottom.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-shuts-down.1041557/
Relevancy 42.57%

My dad has an HP Pavilion dv8000 CTO laptop I'm trying to troubleshoot. I have timed it a few times and the longest it has run has been between 20 and 30 seconds. After that it just turns off. One time it was closer to 15 seconds. When he was still using it the fan would make funny noises. It sounds fine now tho i think. The fan speeds up before the computer dies. Tried removing each memory module but that doesn't seem to be the problem. I can boot Ubuntu from a usb flash drive, but the computer doesn't run long enough for Memtest to run long at all. Maybe a power or fan problem?

Relevancy 42.57%

Hello I have a laptop notebook computer someone gave me I have it plugged in to the outlet for power and it will turn on when I press the on button it will load to the point where it says windows did not shut down properly if I want to boot in safe mode or normally I choose safe mode and sometimes it itself!!!! by off shuts Laptop will get to the user sign on screen other times it won t make it that far and then the laptop shuts off Sometimes it will try to start again on it s own other times remains off I Laptop shuts off by itself!!!! m not sure what to do or if it s worth saving any ideas At first i thought maybe battery issue so i removed battery and kept plugged in Still doing it Any ideas I can t even get it on long enough Laptop shuts off by itself!!!! to get any info as far as what kind of computer I know it has WXP proffesional I ve seen the start up screen But back of computer says Notebook Computer Model D F and front of computer says Notebook Anyone know what kind nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-shuts-off-by-itself.840452/
Relevancy 42.57%

For some reason, my laptop likes to dump the internal memory and shut down. Would anyone have a reason why it does that?

It's an older laptop, a 2001 to be exact.

Please help me.

A:My laptop shuts down

Sorry - nowhere near enough information! When does it crash? What are you doing when it crashes? Have you added any new hardware or software recently? How much free disk space do you have? What error message are you getting when it crashes? Help us to help you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-laptop-shuts-down-289901.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I ve got a Gateway T laptop that was new last November It came with Vista Home Premium and I ve set up a dual boot with XP Pro as XP runs the programs I use much better XP shuts down laptop The last weeks or so XP will just suddenly shut down Sometimes several times XP laptop shuts down a day Vista I ve found doesn t have the problem and can be run all day without a problem I also get the sudden shutdowns while running Norton Ghost from a USB stick and when running MEMTEST from another USB stick Things I ve tried I thought maybe I had a corrupted video driver in XP so I replaced XP from a Ghost image I had from January This is when I found the machine would shut down running Ghost And running Ghost from a USB stick eliminates the OS as the source of the problem With the Ghost image successfully put on the partition the shut downs continue Then I thought maybe I had the start of a failing hard disk in the XP partition and created another primary partition at the end of the drive and put XP there The problem remains I ve tried testing the memory but it won t run long enough to really come to any conclusions Although Memtest shuts it down faster than anything else So It seems to me that I ve got a hardware problem but Vista on the same machine continues to run fine Or at least XP laptop shuts down as fine as I ve ever seen it run So I m stumped any suggestions would be appreciated TIA nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-laptop-shuts-down.723741/
Relevancy 42.57%

If I boot the laptop and leave it sitting without using it stays running. If I start using applications or go on the web it shuts off within two minutes.
Running Windows XP. I don't see any errors in Event Viewer other than "application shut down unexpectedly".

A:laptop shuts down

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Please preform a hard drive test using this guide here:

How to perform a Seagate's Seatools Test | Tech Support Forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-shuts-down-807706.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello. I have an HP Beats 15, I'm not really sure if its running on a Windows 10 64-bit or 32, it won't stay on long enough form me to verify but I think it's 64. The problem is it turns off seconds after booting, each time not necesarily longer than the previous one but the tendency has been to get shorter. At first I was able to open my browser and use it for a little and then It'll turn off. Now, it barely lets me input my Windows password to open my desktop. I'm not sure whether it's protecting itself, nothing seems loose inside so I'm not sure if its a software or a hardware problem. Please, help Thanks!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-laptop-shuts-off-by-itself/td-p/5822710
Relevancy 42.57%

my laptop keeps shutting down at intervals... and then it would not come on.. it usually goes int osomething looking like ROM mode.. then i have to choose the last best known start up configuration..but it stills keep cutting out on its own..what can i do??

A:Laptop Shuts Down On Its Own

The symptoms you describe could be malware related or they could be due to hardware or overheating problems caused by a failed processor fan, bad memory (RAM), failing power supply, underpowered power supply, CPU overheating, motherboard, video card, drivers, dirty hardware, etc. If the computer is overheating, it usually begins to restart on a more regular basis. Check for malware by performing a full system scan with your anti-virus in "SAFE MODE". Also download and scan with MS Malicious Software Removal Tool and AVG vcleaner. Some rootkits can also trigger BSODs, shutdowns and error messages so download and scan with AVG Anti-Rootkit.If your not finding any malware then its sounds like the latter problem. When was the last time you cleaned the inside of your computer? Dust restricts the airflow and prevents proper cooling. This in turn can cause overheating and faulty processor fans which can result in unexpected shutdowns, random restarts, booting problems, etc. Open your machine and make sure the fans are working and the heat sink on the processor is not blocked with dust or debris. Remove the CPU's cooling unit and clean the fins on the heat sink that sits under the CPU with a can of compressed air. You can also remove the cards, RAM modules, clean the contacts and reseat them. Check your connections and fans to make sure they are working properly and monitor the temperature. See "Cleaning the Interior of your PC" and the "Illustrated How to Replace an AGP Video Card" (you can also use it as a guide to clean & reseat).In Windows XP, the default setting is for the computer to reboot automatically when a fatal error occurs. You should be able to see the error by looking in the Event Log. An alternative is to turn off the automatic reboot so you can actually see the error code/STOP Message when it happens - this is also known as the Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD).To change the recovery settings and Disable Automatic Rebooting, press WINKEY + Pause/Break keys or right-click on My Computer and select Properties > Advanced tab.Under "Startup and Recovery", click on the "Settings" button and go to "System failure".Make sure "Write an event to the system log" is checked and that "Automatically restart" is UNchecked.Click "OK" and reboot for the changes to take effect.Doing this won't cure your problem but instead of instead of crashing and restarting you will get a blue diagnostic screen with information displayed that will allow you to better trace your problem. See "Extract troubleshooting info from Windows XP BSOD error messages" and How to Find BSOD Error Messages.Download and run Motherboard Monitor 5. If Motherboard Monitor's seems to be reporting high temperatures for your CPU check to see what your max CPU temp is from here.There are suggestions for troubleshooting power supply, video card, CPU, RAM, MB and hard drive here and here.Another option is Microsoft's Online Crash Analysis. The Windows Memory Diagnostic tests the RAM for errors with a comprehensive set of diagnostic memory tests. Also see Memtest86+ and Memtest86.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/93004/laptop-shuts-down-on-its-own/
Relevancy 42.57%

my laptop shuts down unexpectedly while i am using it. can anyone help me with a suggestion? it a compaq presario v6000.
cheers

Relevancy 42.57%

I bought a HP pavilion notebook last year and it's been great (besides for the overheating), but now it's randomly goes to "Sleep" mode - it does this around 4 times a day. It's getting really annoying. What will make a laptop do this?

Relevancy 42.57%

I dont know what could be causing the problem, I thought it was overheating for it to randomly shut down (no blue screen instantly shuts off) I am using a program called "CoreTemp" to monitor the temperature of each core (4 cores) and 2 of them hit a maximum of 61C which is no where near hot how i've seen it get (up to 97c)

Is there anything else that can cause a shutdown? I've read some other peoples post and some people recommended to update their nvidia drivers, would updating drivers really fix a serious problem of shutting down?

I'm using a laptop model: VPCF116FX
Im sorry for the multiple posts, new things just kept happening so was how I updated t, I didn't know you can't delete a post ( not that I know of)

A:Laptop still shuts down

If it got up to 97?C it could've caused some damage.
Please provide this info to get us started: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/234571-laptop-still-shuts-down.html
Relevancy 42.57%

ok i have a toshiba laptop and when its open everythings fine, but when i close the screen, with it still on and aim open, it closes aim, and i have the option when you close the screen "do nothing" so it still closes aim, i have restarted since i hit the do nothing thing

A:laptop shuts down aim

What you are doing when you close the cover, if that is what you are referring to, is putting it in a kind of 'standby mode'.

The internet connection is no longer maintained in this state and that probably closes AIM.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-shuts-down-aim.394347/
Relevancy 42.57%

hello can any body help me with my lenovo g550.. the problem is it shuts off at a certain point.. but when i turn it on it goes on.. what might be causing this problem.. is it the cpu or my grapic.. any way im using dual core intel then nvidia geforce g210m.. is it possible that a virus is causing it..? thanks for help

A:need help laptop shuts down

Did this behavior start after any changes made to your computer, including programs or Updates installed?

Download, install and run a full scan with Malwarebytes.

Install SpeedFan to check your CPU and case temperatures, add fan speed variability.

Reboot computer, tap F8 vigorously every other second at reboot to access Advanced Boot Options,
click on Repair My Computer, accept any offered Repair. If no Repair is offered, click through to System Recovery Options to run Startup Repair to see if any issues are found.

Test your RAM: RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Test your HD using maker's diagnostics/repair extended CD scan. You can google the model listed under HD in Device Manager to determine the make of HD: Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/172405-need-help-laptop-shuts-down.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello,My 5 years old laptop shuts off automatically after few minutes. I've been checking the temprature when it's idle and see that the gpu is steady 87 celsius, while the other components are fine. Ive bought new fan and replaced the thermal paste and none of these solutions worked.The fan is spinning, but when it try to spin faster the laptop shutdown.Any solutions would be great, thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-shuts-off/td-p/5767884