Windows Support Forum

[HELP] NAS on home network through wifi..

Q: [HELP] NAS on home network through wifi..

Hey guys..

So I bought myself a MyBook Live NAS few weeks back and I'm a little concerned about security when hooking this up on wifi, home network.
I get that you need a password for connecting to a WPA2 secure network, and that my home network shows for everyone in my routers reach, but does the NAS show up for my neighbours? Does the NAS itself need password protection?
Sorry if this has been covered on another post, but beeing new to the whole NAS thing, I have no idea how to search up this particular problem.

Michael

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: [HELP] NAS on home network through wifi..

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: [HELP] NAS on home network through wifi..

Well you could always disable the broadcast of your network name (SSID) that way your casual computer user with a laptop can't see your network listed if they are in range. That added to a really strong password to get on the wireless network and you should be golden. ~Random alphanumeric strings work best for passwords, wifi is no exception~

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/156776-help-nas-home-network-through-wifi.html
Relevancy 63.64%

PRODUCT: HP Chromebook 11 G4S/N: 5CD5515QDCGoogle Chrome OS Version 50.0.2661.103Platform 7978.74.0Firmware Google_Kip.5216.227.25 This device is frustrating my spouse to no end.  It keeps dropping our home wifi network connection.  I have to shutdown power, wait, and power back on and it refreshes.  This is annoying. I am seriously considering returning this device.  The whole point of this purchase was stability and ease of browsing and light internet use.  Frustration is not part of the purchase.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Network-Connection-Error-Dropped-Home-WiFi-Network-only-on/td-p/5638654
Relevancy 60.63%

hard to explain all of a sudden my year old Acer Aspire One Netbook using XP goes offline in my home Network using my default browser Firefox as well as Chrome and IE it shows that it is Online getting an Excellent Connection thru my Home Network I go Online using Firefox with it at home stays up for a few minutes can get onto the internet then loses the ability to stay connected it still states it s Connected though kind of baffling like something is timing out then blocking it I tried shutting down my AVG Anti-Virus also shut down Windows Firewall it still continues to lose the Connection while stating it s connected getting a good signal both WiFi in Network Home losing of these are configured correctly as far as I losing WiFi in Home Network can see I ve re-installed my Wireless driver thru the Acer Recovery Management included on the Netbook still no good my Dell Win Desktop is my Main PC running a DSL modem into a Cisco Linksys EA router also have a Dell Vista Laptop and my wife s Dell XP laptop ---no problems with either of these staying connected only the Netbook is giving me trouble any ideas help would be greatly appreciated thanx nbsp

A:losing WiFi in Home Network

Why SP2 (which is what you have in your Computer specs)? SP3 has been out for I forget how many years and nothing prior to SP3 has been supported by Microsoft for about two years. Also important (to me) is that SP3 fixed some networking issues and don't get really motivated to try to fix something that isn't really a problem.

Update to SP3, then install the latest wireless driver from Acer's web site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-wifi-in-home-network.1067498/
Relevancy 60.63%

My town in Oman has Wifi internet service provider They use advance Wireless G router that distrubute the signal to the whole town I am km away from them and I am going to buy the device on the link http cgi ebay ca ws eBayISAPI dll akeTrack true amp ssPageName VIP watchlink top ca to connect to thier services the device is connected to the computer through a USB port The company gave me username and password and I can use thier services with one computer at one time Now I want to make home network and connect the service to more than one computer but it appear to the company as I am connected to one computer My house is two floors cement house I know that I have options to connected the Wifi adapter to quot female USB to male eithernet adapter quot and the connect the last to the input of a router However I don t know what are a good router that can trasmit the signal on two floors cement house and if there are better options It is good idea to give links from ebay for item that is shipped to Oman Note the small town company bought ADSL from the higher level ISP and distrubute the internet at good rates in the town as Wifi People who are close to the company only need thier regular adapter in thier laptop but the farthur need stronger reciever nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

I have been running a Netgear DG834 ADSL router here for a while and recently got a Dell notebook (Windows Vista Home Premium Edition)with built-in WiFi . For a period I was connecting to the network using a cable and using the internet quite easily but decided to give myself WiFi connectivity to my home network so I could move around a bit..

I went out and got myself a Netgear WGT624 and daisy-chained it to the DG834 and set it up - the problem is that though it sees the network I cannot connect to the internet gateway on the DG834.

Any solutions to this anyone?
Jim

Relevancy 60.63%

I'd like to add a new 802.11n WiFi router to my home network, one that comes with parental controls build into the router.

Just wondering if someone has a recommendation on a good make/model to buy?

Thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-wifi-router-for-home-network.1032032/
Relevancy 60.63%

We have XP computers and Vista Home Everything was fine with our old Linksys router I put in a new Linksys router WRT n other wifi network on see (Vista PC Can't Home) and now the Vista laptops can't see the others computers and can't ping them The XP machines still work Can't see other PC on wifi network (Vista Home) - they can see the Vista machines and their printers All can get to the Internet just fine Linksys will not help because we can get to the internet through the router and they tell me that is all they are responsible for This is what I have done I made sure all PCs are in the same workgroup the network is private and I Can't see other PC on wifi network (Vista Home) set up the same user names on each PC I did the latter as a troubleshooting step - but I've never had to do this before and this machine used to see the others without it Network Discovery etc all except password protected sharing is On Firewall Made sure that the IP range was allowed and when that didn't work disabled the firewall Tried McAfee then Windows - tried them both one at a time then none - i never had them both running at the same time Also set them up to allow ping requests and opened system services ports as recommended by Microsoft in the Vista File and Printer Sharing document Made sure that all of the sharing was set up properly on the other PCs and printers Changed the default WPA security on the Linksys router to WPA then to WEP then to no security Reset router AP Isolation is not checked on the router unchecked Filter Anonymous Internet Requests and associated setting I know that I've probably forgotten something it seems like I have done more than this I've been searching for solutions and I tried everything I could find that I hadn't already done Thanks in advance - The other Vista machine has the following problem In the NSC our home wireless network is almost always in this state - Identifying Public When you try to view the map it says the network has to be Private in order to view I've gone through and set it to Private a couple of times After I set it to Private again it holds for about seconds Then it spins back into its Identifying Public And while its doing this the Network Discovery goes back to being unchosen because it thinks it's a public network of course So this is the problem now - and I still can't find anything on the Internet I've seen a few other problems where people have this same thing after restarting No one has given them answers either But I haven't seen any where it holds for seconds then resets I did see a posting where it was suggested that they set up a static IP address But then he will have the same problem I have in that every time the router crashes or I restart my static IP settings are gone I haven't found a resolution for that yet either Please help Oh and this all started after getting the stupid new router What a pain this is and Linksys has not been helpful My move was from a WRT GS to WRT N I would not recommend this Okay when he started his laptop today there he was on the map and the private network finally stuck We added the printer and all is well However we still have the situation of the XP machine We can see it on the network map but can't access it I may start a new thread just about this problem since it has evolved as I've figured things out and no one has responded to help me See y'all later Kiss kiss Me again It's fixed It's not enough to enable the range in the firewall you have to use McAfee's EasyNetwork to share files and printers There's a time-consuming setup and approval process and you have to use the EasyNetwork for everything But at least we are all set now Thanks to all of you who at least read my post even if you didn't have an idea of something for me to try

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/227272-cant-see-other-pc-wifi-network-vista-home.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I can't connect connect to my home wireless network. It says I am connected but none of my browsers will load anything.
I can connect to other wireless networks that i have access to.
I can connect if i plug into the router directly
All of the other computers in my house connect just fine.
Any thoughts

A:Can't connect to Wifi on home network but everyone else can

I think its a security issue.
1) Check the password you put in and make sure its written correctly with the right case (lowercase/uppercase).
2) Disable any 3G/4G connections if you have any.

If that doesn't work giive me more information about your network:
1) General network layout (two computers, one laptop/one desktop, w/dsl modem to a residential gateway, etc)
2) Also, tell me what security mechanism you have on your wireless access point (WEP, WPA, WPA2). If you're using CCMP/AES and you have an older computer then you may not be able to use them together.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-wifi-on-home-network-but-everyone-else-can.1019073/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello all.

I have a dir-615 D-link router. It is well installed with my main computer that is an old XP windows system.

I tried to create a network to give acces to my friend laptop when he comes home(he has a mac). I setuped a network with a name and a password.

So my friend could find the network name and i gave him the password, but it never works. Another friend of mine also came with an older iBook laptop and the same thing happens.

What should I do ? The laptop computer can see my network, but nobody can access??
Best regards to all. Idiodumb

Relevancy 60.63%

I have an old desktop PC with Windows XP and plugged into it by USB cable is a Samsung Laser Printer. I have recently upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 to 10 and everything seems fine, except that I can't print through the home WiFi network on the Samsung (I could do this before the upgrade - the printer doesn't support WiFi itself, but it worked fine via the XP machine). I can see the old PC on my laptop and I can even see the printer there, but when I try to print I just get an error which says:
Your file could not be printed due to an error on \MAIN\Samsung SCX-4725 Series PCL 6 on Ne00
MAIN is the network name of the old PC. I have no idea what Ne00 refers to. Can anyone point me at a likely cause?

A:Help printing through home wifi network.

Sorry for the delay - I have been away. No I can't do a test print. Although I can see the printer in my Explorer window it does not respond to any request to print.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/help-printing-through-home-wifi-network-4596590/
Relevancy 60.63%

IM TRYING TO CONNECT MY PC (JOEJOEJOE) TO MY HOME PC (EOJEOJEOJ) BY WI-FI. PLEASE HELP. (check my profile for my pcs specs.) my home pc is connected by sky broadband with a netgear wireless router. i have installed the adapter and software for the wireless gear. i have searched for available networks bt cnt access my home network. also the asus software keeps on being disabled by itself. i can enable it but it keeps disabling by itself. also i cannot select any of the menus on the softwares start up screen. what do i do next plz help!!!

A:Cannot Network My Pc To Home Pc For Wifi Connection!!!

Rule of thumb..

1. disable the wireless in windows
2. enable the wired in windows
3. if you get conneced on the wired in windows great if not?
4. if you great you're connected then enable the wireless got to 6.
5. if not so great you need to trouble shoot your router to see why it can't see the your PC, make sure DHCP is enabled
6. wait the wireless to connect again if it doesn't connect make sure got to step 5.

Also do this...
click on start
click on run
type: cmd
type: ipconfig /all make sure you don't see the 169.xxx address if you see that then better off rebooting the PC and reseting the router..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-network-my-pc-to-home-pc-for-wifi-connection.85509/
Relevancy 60.63%

All other networks I try will connect me but not let me go onto
anything that uses the internet. It says im connected to the internet, so another diagnosis could be that it connects me to the wifi then internet but with an extremely low bandwith. It times out often.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3186ec73-eea9-44f9-afc6-00db1069ead0/wifi-only-connects-to-my-home-network?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a laptop I use for work and connect to a hotspot with it, when I came home to connect to my house network router I am able but it comes up limited so there in no interent contection,,,.. How to I change it so I get the interent on with my house wifi?

A:Connecting to home wifi network limited

Call your Help Desk. My wife's does that, until she goes in and disable the Proxy in Internet Properties in Control Panel. Just remember to turn back on.

The first time she brought it home, because they replaced her older unit. IT had made a Fat Finger mistake in the VPN connection.

So when she tried to get on our home WiFi, it did the same as yours. Plus her work a GPO, to restrict her from using any LAN or WiFi connection, but the company's.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/66520-connecting-home-wifi-network-limited.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have had a problem for the past couple days. I have looked over many places on the internet and have not found a solution.

The problem is my computer ASUS ul 30-a up until a few days ago was running fine on wireless until a couple of days ago when the wireless constantly was cutting out every minute or so and reconecting 10-15 seconds later. I have reformatted my computer and installed multiple new driver from the Asus website. When wired into the router the internet works perfectly. But wireless even directly next to it does not work. Their are 2 other laptops in the house neither which have had any problem dropping connections. Another thing I fine odd is that my computer is perfectly fine on my wireless at school. I have tried resetting the router and multiple router setting but still nothing. Renew release Ip, Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 59.77%

I have Windows 7 64bit, a Belkin router, and a Wifi usb card.

I have a Windows Xp computer networked and shared on the router.

I get my internet from the Wifi usb card.
I would like to use the internet off the wifi card, but also still connect to my network and get files from the XP computer.

(I would like to have the connections separate. One for Internet over Wifi. Lan for sharing files over home network.)

I have the two connections working just fine. and i can get internet...
But...

The LAN is a "public network" and I cant change it to a home network.
and i cant see the Xp computer or its files.
I would be grateful for any help.

A:LAN Home Network with router + Wifi internet

Quote: Originally Posted by tcables

I have Windows 7 64bit, a Belkin router, and a Wifi usb card.

I have a Windows Xp computer networked and shared on the router.

I get my internet from the Wifi usb card.

I would like to use the internet off the wifi card, but also still connect to my network and get files from the XP computer.

(I would like to have the connections separate. One for Internet over Wifi. Lan for sharing files over home network.)

I have the two connections working just fine. and i can get internet...
But...

The LAN is a "public network" and I cant change it to a home network.
and i cant see the Xp computer or its files.

I would be grateful for any help.

Ok, your W7 machine is using the USB wifi, and your XP is using the home wifi (ie through your router). I cannot see why your W7 can't use both the USB wifi AND router wifi. Matter of fact it should work from connections point of view. I tried it on my eeepc, with a USB modem attached.

If you are just sharing files from your W7 and Xp, you don't need to be on the internet. That said if both machine can see each other, everything you wanted should be fine. Just create shared folder to be shared between the machines, and surf the net from either. However why do u want to use the USB wifi for internet when you can use your router's?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/54688-lan-home-network-router-wifi-internet.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi there I recently got my laptop fixed after it being out of commission for about a year it turns out there was just too much dust collecting in it and when I got home and tried to connect to my wifi network I didn t have internet not wifi Computer network home identify does access I received a message that said I had sucessfully connected to my network but it was only a local connection - no internet It also shows up as quot Unidentified Network quot This is peculiar to me because my boyfriend s laptop is able to connect to the internet wirelessly just fine and I Computer does not identify home wifi network am currently using the wifi on my iPhone I ran the ipconfig and several ping tests in cmd and used a wifi inspector Windows IP Configuration Host Name owner-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - E- C- D- - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe fd c a e e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday January AM Lease Expires Thursday January AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E-F - -BF- - B- -EC- B- A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - B- -EC- B- A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A E B - F - B-B E - BE A B br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A F C F- ECB- F - DCB- A D br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Meow gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users Meow gt ping google com Ping request could not find host google com Please check the name and try again C Users Meow gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users Meow gt nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

i just bought a hp pavillion 15-R005TX , but it refuses to detect my homes wifi signal .i have gone through the previous posts on this site and i hv changed the ssid name of my router, but still the laptop is not detecting the wifi.Then is used my android phone as a hot spot and it was detected by the laptop but no site not even google could be opened (it may be bcoz of weak signal). i hope to get some solution soon thanks in advance 

A:hp laptop not detecting home wifi network

Hello @rohitseth21 , Welcome to the HP Forums! I understand you're having connection issues on your 15-R005TX notebook.If the notebook sees the hotspot but doesnt see the routers SSID you might be better off inquiring with your Internet Service Provider or router manufacturer. Here are some steps you can try. Powercycle the network:1. Shut down your notebook.2. Unplug the power to your router.3. Unplug the power to your modem.4. Wait at least 45 seconds.5. Plug in the modem, and wait for it to come back online.6. Plug in the router, and wait for it to come back online.7. Turn on your notebook, and test your connection.Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.Reinstall the network adapter drivers:1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.3. Expand Network adapters.4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.6. Restart your PC and test.If those three steps do not resolve the issue, try this document published by Microsoft for networking issues: Wired and wireless network problems. You can change the operating system with the dropdown in the upper-right corner of the document. Hopefully this helps!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/hp-laptop-not-detecting-home-wifi-network/td-p/4357812
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi all I have a home network set up sharing the broadband connection successfully throughout the house via a Linksys broadband router We have four laptops and two desk based machines and each can connect to the internet without issue On one of the desk based PCs I have a Laserjet HL D connected and shared The PC it is connected to runs XP Home SP edition I can connect and print to this printer from all machines except my wife s new Sony Vaio laptop When I try to add a network printer and browse the windows network it simply doesn t find it at all Whereas I am on my dell 1 printer PC on cannot home out connect to wifi network 4 of my laptop and can search and locate the printer without issue The Sony Vaio can connect to the net without issue is only a few months old and is running running XP Home SP my Dell is running XP Pro SP Is there anything I might be missing here that an expert could advise on please Thanks 1 PC out of 4 cannot connect to printer on my wifi home network all nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Hello My laptop is few months old HP Pavilion g OS Windows networks home connects but network my other Wifi not to uses a ralink rt r bgn wifi adapter The wifi was working just fine suddenly it stopped It detects my home network but every time it tries to connect ends up quot unable to connect to this network quot It connects to my friends wifi but not mine And it connects with cable There is a red cross on the wifi network but it's green not GREY It is not a modem problem because the other PC connects just fine When I'm on wifi cmd ipconfig gives me disconnected media for all the network cards on the laptop Command netsh shows failure and access denied What I have tried to do for the past week I upgraded the adapter driver My windows is fully updated I re-installed the network card I tried a USB wifi I uninstalled Wifi connects to other networks but not my home network the private server I uninstalled my Norton because I thought it was blocking the connection I also deactivated the windows fire wall I changed the SSID and PSW nothing worked and of course I tried restarting resetting rebooting deactivating and activating disabling and enabling every single thing but nothing works it's almost a week and I searched in many forums for a solution but it is not the same problem Can you help me please It is driving me crazy

A:Wifi connects to other networks but not my home network

Probably won't help, but what does Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center show for your connection? And, when there, go to Change adapter settings. Once there, right click on whatever adapter icons are shown, and run Diagnose. For the heck of it, you could try Ethernet both through the router and directly to your modem. Does you computer have a manual external switch for turning wifi on and off?

And, try using WPA2 if not already doing so. Is Norton completely uninstalled to the point where Windows Defender is working?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/21187-wifi-connects-other-networks-but-not-my-home-network.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I'm using a Visa home Premium on my Sony Vaio which is connected to a Wifi connection. I setup a home network using a ethernet cable to another laptop, but unable to receive internet signal on the 2nd computer. On the Access showing: Ipv4 local and Ipv6 limited

please help!

A:Unable to hook up a WIFI to home Network

Am I to understand that you are recieving Wifi on your vaio and have physically connected your 2nd laptop via an ethernet cable? If so, ICS (internet connection sharing) needs to be enabled on your vaio.

Navigate to your network connections, select your wifi connection on your vaio, right click on properties and click on the sharing tab and select the

"Allow other users to connect through this internect connection" check box.

Should start working instantly, but a restart of both may be necessary.

Hope that helps

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/167767-unable-hook-up-wifi-home-network.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I've Unidentified network home with Wifi internet only read countless threads here and elsewhere but have found nothing that really describes my problem First of all some background I live on a boat and the only available Internet connection is by Wifi There are no landline or cable connections available I have two Toshiba laptops one running Pro and one running Pro They are networked by direct ethernet cable connection The network works fine once you get past the unidentified public network to unidentified home network And I Unidentified home network with Wifi only internet can connect to the Internet by Wifi from either laptop or both at once DHCP is enabled on both adapters I have tried with no success and considerable frustration to make my Unidentified home network with Wifi only internet home network quot identifiable quot so I don't have to reset the network location on both machines anytime there is a break in the connection eg restart shutdown Everything I have tried that makes the home network identified though has kept me from connecting to the Internet by Wifi It appears to me that once the home network is identified specific DNS valid IPs that Windows wants to connect the network rather than the individual laptops to the Internet and so though I can connect to the Wifi network itself and it says I have Internet access I'm quot invisible quot evidently no gateway to the Wifi ISP I have worked manually through Properties of the adapters and have tried a wired only router Trendnet TW -S W CA also a Network switch which didn't solve the unidentified problem When using the router as soon as I unplug from it I have Internet connectivity by Wifi without having to reconnect The only thing I haven't tried is using ICS as I'm not sure how vulnerable I would be on the Wifi I hope I've presented the problem clearly but I'll try to put it more basically Is there a way to use a wired router with no Internet connection to create a home network and still be able to connect to the Internet by Wifi

A:Unidentified home network with Wifi only internet

This problem has so many causes and solutions that it's nearly impossible to narrow it down to any one thing.

You can try the fixes highlighted in the link but there are many other possible fixes in the comments sections.

Windows 7 Unidentified Network, Limited Access, No Internet Connection Problem Resolved

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/325466-unidentified-home-network-wifi-only-internet.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi There's a program I use Pocket Informant iPhone Outlook Sync which requires that any on ping Unable to network WiFi my outside iPhone my home my PC and iPhone be Unable to ping my iPhone on any WiFi outside my home network on the same network in order to sync The problem is that it works only when using my home network When I'm at home from my PC I am able to successfully ping my iPhone which is connected to my WiFi network Unable to ping my iPhone on any WiFi outside my home network This works whether myh PC is also ethernet-connected or WiFi-connected When I travel however even though I successfully connect to the WiFi network on my iPhone and PC I am unable to ping my iPhone I have tried disabling the Windows Firewall and I get the same result I can't believe that all these different WiFi networks I connect to airport hotel work that they all have a configuration issue so I'm thinking that the reason for the discrepancy must be because of some setting configuration on my PC home network Is there anyhing else besides disabling the Windows Firewall that I can try Thanks

A:Unable to ping my iPhone on any WiFi outside my home network

You wouldn't want your devices pingable from a public network... thus the reason they're configured this way.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/185325-unable-ping-my-iphone-any-wifi-outside-my-home-network.html
Relevancy 59.34%

lost wifi access thru local home connection can connect thru public network my grandma during last visit accidentally changed the network to her laptop Have tried to reset netgear wnr v with pin in back turned off and waited and turned back on again--no success have tried to set up new network--see the network listed but no internet access available have modem router from comcast My laptop is Acer Aspire with Lan Broadcom and wireless lan atheros Hope that helps gettting discouraged have looked on your other threads posts for suggestions-have tried many so far no help have used your website in past and has always helped esp since I m not very computer savvy How can I get my wifi connected again Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Vicatron gt PING PING is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file network connect Solved: local/home cant wifi to C Users Vicatron gt Ping google com Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping Solved: wifi cant connect to local/home network statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Vicatron gt nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Here s my problem I got a new Sony TV which is internet capable provided you have a wired or wireless network Instead of buying the usb dongle first I thought I d see if wifi home... good Add for network reason Solved: in a 2nd I could use some of my old networking gear to see if I can get it working The problem is my OLD hardware only does WEP encryption whereas the current wireless router is using WPA and I can t change it because my laptop doesn t support WEP So I have an old Belkin wireless router and a linksys WET wireless ethernet adapter My goal was to create a new network inside the house by plugging an ethernet cable into the Belkin then creating a new SSID and enabling WEP then connect the WET to it and plug that into the ethernet port on the TV I just thought of this and am going to try it when I get home but if anyone has any thoughts on this I d appreciate it nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

I just moved my 4 year old Dell desktop into a different room and upgraded to Windows 7. I purchased a wireless network adaptor to connect to my home network. I set up the network profile on my Dell and typed in the password, but unfortunately every time my computer goes into sleep or is rebooted I have to reconnect to the network manually. In the network Properties I've clicked on "Connect Automatically" and typed in the password. But, and this is really strange, every time I reboot or come out of sleep the password has to be reentered and the "connect automatically" is no longer clicked. Am I crazy? Has anyone else encountered this? I suppose I'm missing something really basic, but am not sure what to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A:Native WiFi Default Profile for home network

I am sure that you are well beyond this error now. Regardless, I am replying because I need help for the same issue. Even if I end up solving it myself, I will post my answer in this thread.

I plan to take the steps outlined in this post next. If that doesn't work, then I will have to read Microsoft developer documentation on the Native WIFI profile and hope that a deep understanding leads me to the solution.

I'm not a Windows developer nor am I a .NET developer, but I do know programming, so I'm hoping it will make sense regardless.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/147283-native-wifi-default-profile-home-network.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi I frequently encounter drop of connection with my wifi. Recently, my connection dropped midway and then not connecting back. I have tried disabling and re enabling the wireless network adapter. I have tried unistall/install the driver. Upgraded the driver, Nothing was of help. Laptop is detecting the wifi, but when I am trying to connect, I am getting message "cannot connect to this network". I am able to connect to wifi from my mobile hotspot. Please help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Laptop-stopped-connecting-to-home-wifi-network/td-p/5651149
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello all I inherited MaxAttach NAS servers from a business who has long since upgraded I have the installation disks and everything I need What I want to do is install these into my home network so it can wirelessly serve files to my home into network Installing 3000 MaxAttach NAS wifi three laptops Installing MaxAttach NAS 3000 into home wifi network I have plugged it into one of the client ports on my Airlink N wireless router My laptops and I assume the servers are in the workgroup I have at work I do not have access to the workgroup from home I can probably set up VPN if necessary It s possible the old fileservers are on an older domain actually but I Installing MaxAttach NAS 3000 into home wifi network can t even figure Installing MaxAttach NAS 3000 into home wifi network out how to tell I don t have a crossover cable I m using MaxNeighborhood as the instructions say to locate the NAS However it cannot locate the NAS It says quot No server s detected or network problems quot One troubleshooting strategy they suggest is checking TCP IP is enabled It is Other than that there s not much help I checked the workgroup under Network Vista lists the laptops and the router On XP I go to Entire Network gt Microsoft Windows Network and it has my business workgroup which it says is not accessible Is my desired configuration even possible Internet gt Router gt wireless gt Laptops NAS I heard I might need a separate access point Why can t MaxNeighborhood find my NAS and what can I do Do I need to be able to hook in to my business workgroup Thanks so much for any and all help nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi all New to Win and have for the past couple of days been searching all over the WWW for answers and solutions to HomeGroup incompatability? wifi and Home Network printer the following I have been on countless discussion boards and HomeGroup and wifi Home Network printer incompatability? tried everything that has been suggested but I am no closer to finding solutions I am the only person in my household with a win computer so I would like to remove my laptop from the automatically generated HomeGroup I sure did not set it up But no matter the suggested fix I end up with the same message Windows could not remove this computer from the Home Group If there has been a suggested fix out there i seem to have tried it No luck My Brother wifi printer has worked just fine with my old laptop my tablet and my smartphone and which shows up in Devices and printers as the default available online printer as well as in my network I have installed and reinstalled the drivers and software times now and gone through all possible configurations and troubleshooting in addition to googling solutions still seems unable to communicate with my laptop Which leads me to the following two questions Are HomeGroup and Home Network wifi printing in conflict with each other And does anyone have any proven recent solutions for how to fix both above described issues Solid leads would be greatly appreciated so that I am able to get some sleep

A:HomeGroup and wifi Home Network printer incompatability?

HomeGroup isn't automatically generated, I have ran my PC without one for 5 years and only recently changed to HomeGroup.

Have you seen this tutorial yet? Homegroup - Leave

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/379122-homegroup-wifi-home-network-printer-incompatability.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Computer -Samusung laptop -series -Windows Home Premium bit -Servicepack -Intel Centrino Wireless wifi network superslow on home comuter, my Solved: only only N- Router -Netgear N WNR v -WPA -PSK AES -Hidden SSID -Fully updated Normally use internet explorer but I ve tried Firefox and Chrome also For some weird reason the Wi-Fi on my computer is super slow My roommate has no problems at all Same issue when only one of us are connected What s really weird is that it s only on my home network the speed is a problem At school and at other family members houses everything is working Solved: superslow wifi only my comuter, only on home network perfectly I now use wired internet connection and when I take a speedtest it is around MB so the speed is pretty good I can mention that sometimes if my computer has been closed and the cable is taken out when I turn the computer back on the Wi-Fi is suddenly working perfectly Only for a while though and then it s not working anymore Has happened more rarely recently I ve been having this problem for around weeks now When I first discovered the problem I tried to uninstall the latest updates among windows updates and it actually worked But I want my computer to be up to date so it s not a go to use those settings I have tried to reset the router to factory settings but that did not help We share internet with our landlord so to privatize what we do it s set up Solved: superslow wifi only my comuter, only on home network like this Landlords modem - gt switch in our apartment - gt wireless router But that should not be problem It s Solved: superslow wifi only my comuter, only on home network working on everyone else s computers My mobile phone as no issues either I ve tried to update the driver on the wireless card but it s up to date So there is no help there Tried to ping in cmd but only got ping request can not find host www vg no Control the name the name and try again If anything is not fully understandable I ll try my best to answer Have some screencaps as well Sorry it s in Norwegian nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

Hello, my laptop has suddenly stopped connecting to my home wifi network. I have a cell phone and iPad that can connect with no issues. Wifi signal is on and drivers are updated. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thx
Shanay

A:Dell Inspiron 15R 5521 Not Detecting Home Wifi Network

Hi Shanay,Wireless card driver may be corrupted I would suggest you to reinstall the wireless card driver. Please punch in the system service tag or express service code from the link below. Then Click on System configuration tab and then Click on Components and find the wireless card of the system and then download the wireless card driver found under Network section. http://dell.to/18r60nIAlso, please reply us with device manager picture with Network adapter section expanded.Please let me know if this helps.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996273
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi All

I have recently renewed my Linksys WRT54G router and need to security protect my home wifi network. When I access the router admin panel and go to Wireless > Wireless Security > Security Mods, I see the following options:

Disable (currently selected)
WPA Personal
WPA Enterprise
WPA2 personal
WPA2 Enterprise
RADIUS
WEP

I assume the mode I need is WEP, but when I select that I am faced with another screen of options, and it is this screen I need information on please (see screenshot).

Which Transmit Key should I select, which WEP encryption should I select, and what passphrase should I use...? Also, when I then do this, what will happen to the laptops on my network when they try to access the internet? Will they be prompted to enter the 4 keys that are generated? Will this be just once, or each time they access the net?

Thanks all.

Relevancy 58.48%

I have a desktop PC running Win XP SP and a notebook on Win Vista for IP Wifi home Changing Keeps network Vista/XP PC Address Notebook Home which I have networked through a Trendnet wireless router The desktop has Zonealarm firewall installed I went into Zonealarm and entered Vista/XP Wifi home network IP Address Keeps Changing for Notebook PC the IP address for my notebook into the trusted zone and for a while evertyhing works fine Every once in a while though Vista/XP Wifi home network IP Address Keeps Changing for Notebook PC connectivity is lost and it always traces back to the wireless IP address for my notebook being different by one digit For example the Vista/XP Wifi home network IP Address Keeps Changing for Notebook PC IP in the firewall had been set to and so was my notebook and has been working fine Or at least it was This morning the notebook IP had changed to which of course didn t match what the firewall was looking for so no connectivity As soon as I changed the firewall setting voila connectivity Why does the IP address for my notebook keep randomly changing for no apparent reason The range of IPs I ve seen assigned to my notebook is always through Tawni nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

I have home WiFi network out garage waayyy Extending studio to my an existing WiFi network in my home consisting of a Cisco router and a modem that are connected to my PC running Windows in my kitchen Works great inside my home Extending home WiFi network waayyy out to my garage studio However the WiFi signal will not reach all the way out to my free-standing garage studio My iphone has to rely on G out there and I really need to have WiFi I recently purchased an inexpensive plug-in-the-wall WiFi extender which Extending home WiFi network waayyy out to my garage studio did not do the trick I have now purchased a new Cisco router in the hopes that I can use it in my studio as an extension of my existing network so I can have WiFi in the studio as well as in my home I do have internet connectivity to my studio via an ethernet cable which runs from my home router PC setup out of the house underground and into the garage studio where I had a wall receptacle installed when we built the studio A second ethernet cable is plugged into the wall receptacle and plugs directly into my Macbook Pro laptop providing me with wired internet Great However I want my home wireless WiFi network to work in my studio when using my iphone and laptop and for the convenience of guests visiting my studio Because I am totally not good at networking and totally gun shy about screwing up the internet home network set-up I already have I need help Can you tell me how to set up this second router out in my garage studio so that I can have my existing WiFi network out there as well I would love the simplest solution possible assuming it s possible at all Thanks for your help in advance nbsp

A:Extending home WiFi network waayyy out to my garage studio

Hi, and welcome to TSG.

Here is an article on the site library with information on how to connect and configure both routers.
http://library.techguy.org/wiki/Connecting_two_SOHO_broadband_routers_together

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extending-home-wifi-network-waayyy-out-to-my-garage-studio.1110499/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello everyone I don't usually go the quot beg for help on an unknown forum quot route but I'm clearly out between computers WiFi 2 specific file home sharing on LAN network of my depth on this issue and hours of furious Googling and tweaking have not helped me one bit What I'm trying to do is trying to setup file sharing between computers connected by an LAN file sharing between 2 specific computers on home WiFi network ethernet cable So far so good except those computers are ALSO part of a Wifi network to connect to the internet through a wireless router There are other computers on this network other roommates that must NOT have access to anything shared on either on those computers I've tried fiddling with homegroups but the only homegroups we can create are on the WiFi network If I set the LAN connection to anything else but public by setting PC as a default gateway I can't get access to the internet anymore How on earth can I set that up properly if that's even possible EDIT my brain is so close to imploding that I forgot basic curtesy- Of course thank you in advance for your help

A:LAN file sharing between 2 specific computers on home WiFi network

Quote: Originally Posted by aljady

Hello everyone!

I don't usually go the "beg for help on an unknown forum" route but I'm clearly out of my depth on this issue and hours of furious Googling and tweaking have not helped me one bit.

What I'm trying to do is trying to setup file sharing between 2 computers connected by an ethernet cable.
So far so good, except those 2 computers are ALSO part of a Wifi network to connect to the internet through a wireless router. There are other computers on this network (other roommates) that must NOT have access to anything shared on either on those 2 computers.

I've tried fiddling with homegroups but the only homegroups we can create are on the WiFi network. If I set the LAN connection to anything else but public by setting PC2 as a default gateway, I can't get access to the internet anymore.

How on earth can I set that up properly, if that's even possible?

EDIT: my brain is so close to imploding that I forgot basic curtesy-

Of course, thank you in advance for your help.

Sounds to me like you are using ICS to create a secondary wired connection for the second machine.

You need to use the LAN ports on the router or a switch rather than sharing a connection using ICS "internet connection sharing". Homegroups won't work with ICS.

Once you are connected to the router with a regular LAN connection with both machines, you should have no problems setting up a Homegroup between those two machines.

Once the Homegroup is set up it will lock the other machines out of your shared C:>Users folders on both of the Homegroup machines. You will be able to share exclusively between those two machines while the other wireless machines will have no access unless you give it to them by adding Everyone to the shared with list.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/279372-lan-file-sharing-between-2-specific-computers-home-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi everyone,

I need some help with a laptop, all of a sudden it stopped detecting my home WiFi network.

The laptop worked fine with this network before and it was configured to connect automatically.
The laptop detects the whole other bunch of networks around here (neighbours and such) but not my home. Other PCs and smartphones detect and connect to my network just fine.

I tried restarting the laptop, reinstalling and updating the drivers for the WiFi card and nothing worked.

It's an Asus laptop with Windows 8.1

I thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Relevancy 53.32%

Hello there Here is a very good question on Home WiFi connectivity…" WiFi PC on is question very "Home Network Here good a Solved: and Networks and PC connectivity First quot SX s quot is a bogus connection name and used for example perposes Please read everything and think about it before replying OK Currently because I have an Extender on my PC s Home WiFi Network it creates SX s EXT and When I start my PC it automatically connects to SX s EXT Instead of SX s quot which is the main signal and the one I am always closes too Now I want to always connect to SX s the main signal First and Automatically when I start my PC instead of connecting to SX s EXT and then having to manually connect to quot SX s quot So is there a way to set this up Also If SX s EXT s signal is stronger than SX s Let s say I move to another room and into SX s EXT s signal range is the stronger one Can I also setup my PC s Home WiFi Network to then Automatically switch to SX s EXT s connection Automatically and then back to quot SX s quot s connection should I move back into it s range I look forward to responses Damian nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-here-is-a-very-good-question-on-home-wifi-network-and-pc-connectivity%C2%85.1115581/
Relevancy 52.89%

I am trying to use a new Macbook Pro with an existing wifi network that has several Windows 7 PCs. The Mac has no problems getting on the wifi network. I can connect to the Mac from my Windows 7 PC to read files on the Mac and transfer files from the PC
to the Mac. But I cannot get the Mac to connect to my Windows 7 PC. I want the Mac to read files on the PC and use the printer that is connected to the PC.
When I try to connect to the PC from the Mac, I get an error message on the Mac saying ?there are no shares available or you are not allowed to access them on the server?.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4f975081-3a8e-43fa-91e2-0831401415e6/trouble-connecting-a-macbook-to-a-windows-7-home-wifi-network-quotno-shares-availableor?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 52.03%

I ve read through hundreds of posts trying to figure out my issue Unfortunately I ve been unsuccessful Here s the at WiFi office home Company Connects not but at WiFi Solved: Secure to Laptop issue I was given a new laptop for work and it connects fine to our secure wireless network at the office but when I brought it home it will not connect to my wireless network at home When I try to connect to my network at home the wireless manager sits and spins saying quot trying to acquire network address quot I have iPhones eMachine and Macbook connected to my network working fine and dandy However the HP laptop from work simply won t connect unless wired I have tried the following Uninstalled and reinstalled the driver Power Solved: Company Laptop Connects to Secure WiFi at office but not WiFi at home Cycled my Router Power Cycled my entire network WinsockXPFix tool I m completely at a loss here No idea what to do to fix this I m running Windows XP and have a Wire router I appreciate any advice anyone can give me to help solve this annoyance nbsp

A:Solved: Company Laptop Connects to Secure WiFi at office but not WiFi at home

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-company-laptop-connects-to-secure-wifi-at-office-but-not-wifi-at-home.848389/
Relevancy 51.6%

hello.

i have cable internet that is connected to a belkin wireless router. one computer gets slow internet access when connected to this. multiple other computers get better speed. the one affected computer gets fast speeds when accessing the internet at other locations, like a friend's house. also, the affected computer gets fast speeds when connected to the router by a cable.

so the problem seems to be very specific to the connection between these specific devices.

the laptop in question is a thinkpad e420 running windows 7.

thank you in advance for any solutions or suggestions you might have.

A:Solved: slow net with 1 computer and home wifi, but not other computers or other wifi

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-slow-net-with-1-computer-and-home-wifi-but-not-other-computers-or-other-wifi.1085104/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi there,

I have a new problem that has just cropped up today. I am no longer able to connect to public wifi or my phone's wireless hotspot. My laptop either will not connect or connect with limited access. It has connected without issue in the past and as soon as I returned home it connected to my wifi here.

What I did notice is I am connected to an unidentified network with no internet access in addition to my home wireless network:
Specs:
Acer Aspire S7 392
Windows 8.1 64 bit
Intel Dual Band Wireless 7260 (driver updated)
Disabled my firewall and antivirus

I just connected to my phone's hotspot again and here is what I am coming up with:
Attachment 57082

And when I run ipconfig/renew
Attachment 57083

Any ideas what could be causing this?

A:Can only connect to home wifi - no public/hotspot wifi

What Internet Security software are you using? Are you using any third party software to manage network connections?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/60701-can-only-connect-home-wifi-no-public-hotspot-wifi.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have issues connecting home specific to my issue and wifi Wifi laptop my Laptop to the Wifi router in my house however there are no issues connecting to other routers You would therefore assume that the issue lies with Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi the router at my house However every other device and laptop connects to the router at my house with no issues at all So it seems to be specific to the combination of my laptop and the router at my house I have been having these issues ever since I downloaded Windows I fixed it initially by downloading an old driver for the Wifi on my laptop This fix lasted for about months but since the latest windows update the issue has come back The issue is intermittent wifi where it shows I Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi am connected to the Wifi but then the internet doesn't work It says quot DNS probe cannot be found quot when running troubleshooter and then it resets the wifi on my laptop This can temporalily fix it sometimes for seconds Sometimes for hours But then the issue comes back Does anyone have any clue what the issue might be or how I might fix it Sometimes when I run the troubleshooter it says that I have missing protocols But then this doesn't happen every time I have tried a variety of fixes that I have read up on Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi in forums but none seem to work permantly One thing I haven't tried is a clean install of windows which is something I am very reluctant to do and also have my doubts as to whether it would actually resolve the issue Many thanks Joe

A:Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi

It all depends on location, location, location. Some Gateways are just garbage. If you are not getting a strong enough signal, get an Access Point. Also you need to make sure that you are not on a congested channel, which is usually Channels 6 & 11 for 2.4 Ghz units.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/44081-wifi-issue-specific-my-laptop-home-wifi.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi All Problem is the Vista Machine connecting to the shared HPG xi AIO on the network I am working on installing a Vista Home Premium Gateway PC on an existing network that consists of a Solved: Printer Vista Home Network Network Home Issues, XP machine two XP home PC s and an XP home laptop With the exception of the laptop all PC s are Solved: Vista Home Network Printer Issues, XP Home Network connected via ethernet cabling to a Linksys WRT G sharing cable internet access One of the XP home machines and the are connected to a Dlink switch which is wired to the Linksys router This XP home machine has the HP connected locally and shared All PC s have printer and file sharing enabled All PC s are in the same workgroup all PC s can see and share files bidirectionally Including the Vista machine All PC s with the exception of the Vista machine can connect and print to the HP When you try to connect the Vista to the HP and it doesn t matter how using Network and connect using Printers to add a printer using add a Printer to set up a new network printer and entering the path whatever the error message is quot Access is Denied quot before you can even install the drivers I used my IBM laptop running XP Pro to serve the HP via the USB connection same as how the XP Home PC is doing it the Vista can connect and print no problem so it would seem there is an issue with the access rights in the XP Home PC sharing the HP I also tested the Vista PC on another network that runs XP Pro and it connected and printed with NO issues I tried using the machine at the same location but connected to the same switch to serve the HP I get the same result as with the XP Home serving it with the exception of the error message It says cannot complete connection error some hex number Is there a way to configure the access right s to XP Home for the Vista to connect to the HP Or am I barking up the wrong tree Help please nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi there

This USB Wifi adapter seems to be a MEGA performer --Lovely finally to be able to THINK of getting rid of LAN cables all over the place.

I've no probs with decent HD Movie streaming from a SERVER with one of these (I unplugged the LAN and inserted the USB Wifi adapter into a USB3 slot --note this needs genuine USB3 to work at proper speed). My Home router can deliver 802.11ac so no probs there.

Brilliant piece of kit and NO MORE CABLES !!!!!!. Wifi will soon be able to deliver comparable speeds to LAN especially for HOME networks. !!!

Here's the UK Link but is available in US and Europe. In any case it's delivered (in my case) by Amazon S.A.R.L (Luxembourg) so no tax !!!. even though I ordered from UK web site --they will ship outside UK tax free.

USB-AC56 | Networking | ASUS UK

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38950-finally-can-retire-wired-network-wifi-usb-ac56-wifi-802-11ac.html
Relevancy 48.16%

My laptop is "HP G62 Notebook PC". It was working fine with Wifi last three years. Now, although the wifi network is detected it is not connecting...when I select the Wifi network and enter the wifi password it is not connected.. tried changing "roaming sensitivity" setting too..but not successful..........reinstalled the driver (ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter) too, but not working.....Internet is working using the LAN cable......Please help..............I REINSTALED WINDOWS AND THE WIFI RECOGNIZED ITSELF AS WIFI A/B/G BUT THE SAME HAPPENED I PUT DRIVES FROM HP BUT NOTHING HAPENED THE SAME PROBLEM AGAIN DOES IT HAS DATE OFF EXPIRE? WIFI CARD ID IN BIOS IS VQF-RT3090BCT HP S.............. AGAIN  

A:HP G62 Notebook Wifi not connecting although wifi network de...

Hi, You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue. 1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on. 2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers and restart the unit and check if the light turns on. 3) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website. 4) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well.  Let us know how it goes!  ****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks********Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

I am an HP Employee.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-G62-Notebook-Wifi-not-connecting-although-wifi-network/td-p/5774759
Relevancy 48.16%

A few day before the wifi disappers, my laptop had started to lag every few seconds. I tried to find a solution for this problem, but it was of no avail. After the last time I restarted it, it did not recognize any wifi or network. the upper keys have all stopped working, and the screen has become very bright. Moreover, troubleshooting does not recognize any problem.I'd appreciate any help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/My-wifi-has-completely-disappeard-and-no-network-or-wifi/td-p/5845674
Relevancy 48.16%

My laptop is "HP G62 Notebook PC". It was working fine with Wifi last three years. Now, although the wifi network is detected it is not connecting...when I select the Wifi network and enter the wifi password it is not connected.. tried changing "roaming sensitivity" setting too..but not successful..........reinstalled the driver (ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter) too, but not working.....Internet is working using the LAN cable......Please help.............. 

Relevancy 47.3%

Situation- month old Dell XPS Win bit Pro as main computer connected by Wired Adapter Upgraded Gateway E also running Win bit pro as says set network no join home can't but network 7 Win homegroup, Home second connected by Wireless Both running Kapersky successfully no network problems for mo Both were successfully linked using homegroup Had to take Gateway to a remote location to do a business demo While there had to link to a local public WiFi While connecting made mistake and left homegroup When Gateway returned to homebase a Home network set but Win 7 says can't join homegroup, no home network few days later it was fine had no problems finding wireless but could not see or rejoin Dell machine homegroup It would let me set Home network set but Win 7 says can't join homegroup, no home network up a new homegroup Went to Dell box and found homegroup no longer existed router and network and wireless printing no longer found - Red X on the taskbar even though internet was still working fine Took nearly a week of trying differernt fixes on adapter- off adapter- different adapter reboot network router even updated router firmware Yes I went through every ipconfig reset renew redecorate etc I've used netsh functions to try Home network set but Win 7 says can't join homegroup, no home network to get evrything to reset Changes services msc settings per other posts Finally in desperation deleted every sub key in the registry related to network locational awareness and got the Dell to find the network let me set it up as a quot home quot network and then even see the invitation to join the Gateway's homegroup Then I hit a wall- when I try to join- Win says I can't join the homegroup because the network is not a quot home network quot Of course troubleshooting is useless and goes into an endless loop Have searched in desperation for any way to make Win return to a clean slate so it can sense that it really is on a home network without success Applied the fix-it and hotpatch for when Win gets stuck in public mode No joy Deleted the hide wizard subkey as suggested elsewhere No Joy Gut feeling says problem must lie in the NLA or peer networking somewhere but where Does anyone know of a method or set of steps short of a clean reinstall of Win to completely clear every thing the OS knows about my network and force it to acknowlege my network is a home network Is there a registry hack that will clear the problem I know I could abandon the homegroup and do conventional file print share but I am concerned that using that solution won't last as whatever is screwing up the homegroup could eventually screw regular sharing and then I'm back to reformating reinstalling I'm just about ready to join the Apple folks so I never have to work on Windows again Help

A:Home network set but Win 7 says can't join homegroup, no home network

Just a thought - if running Kaspersky Internet Security (with inbuilt firewall) check that your Internet connection in the settings is set to Home or Private Network vs Public.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/257334-home-network-set-but-win-7-says-cant-join-homegroup-no-home-network.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I have a wireless adsl router in preparation for broadband arriving in our area soon long story and have some questions Network help!?!? Wifi Wifi Router / I have a laptop with wifi card and want to setup a home network with this and my PC plugged-in via LAN Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? cable to the router laptop is XP PC is Win Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? K I can t seem to get this to work one minute the PC can see the laptop in network neighbourhood and then the other way round but I can never access shared directories on either is there a good guide somewhere to Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? set this up Also shouldn t I be able to use the router from the PC as if it were a wifi card i e on the laptop once the wifi card is plugged in it displays all wifi networks in the area and their signal strength etc how can I do this using the router PC With the laptop I can connect to our neighbours wifi router and use their bradband connection but I want to do the same from the PC is that possible Thanks in advance all P S router is a D-Link DSL- nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Okay, usually when you hover over the networks listed and available from the taskbar icon, you get a nice little window with a few helpful tidbits of info for each listed network when you mouse action hover over the names. It tells you the encryption type, and the SSID, plus a few other details.

Well, on my computer, the information is appearing behind the list to where I can't read it. The network list is overlapping on top of the hover info. Talk about annoying. I searched for various things on google, with no luck. I tried:

Windows 7 network list obscuring hover details, and various other combinations to no avail. Anyone here have a clue what might be breaking this? I'd like the hover details to appear properly so I can read it. In the meantime I've installed the free version of Acrylic Wifi to work around the issue. Thanks.

A:Wifi Network info/details appearing behind Network List on hover.

The problem must be driver based or an add-on program because I don't get any of that. All I get is the name and whether it's connected or not. Check that your adaptor driver is up to date and/or the program you use to display the data is up to date.

Forgot to mention:
Dell adds "bloatware" to their PCs to "improve the user's experience" so I would check Dell Support for your specific model and look for updates.

Dell Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/366682-wifi-network-info-details-appearing-behind-network-list-hover.html
Relevancy 45.58%

About a week ago, our cable internet connection went out. Before I had a chance to reboot the modem & router, my 11 year old decided to completely reset the router to factory settings! Ugh! This caused several issues: my home network is now gone, only a unsecured factory network is available. When I try to plug my laptop into the router via ethernet cord (in order to login to router and setup secure network) my computer will not recognize the router and won't connect to internet. I tried troubleshooting with my cable provider and they say it's in my computer (IP address will not reset) and he recommended I replace my network card. However, today when I brought my laptop to work, it will instantly recognize the wifi at work. So is it really my network card that is causing issues? Please help, I'm desperate and not tech too tech savvy!

Details:
Linksys wireless router
Charter cable modem
Hp pavillion dv6 laptop with Windows Vista OS

A:Laptop won't connect to home wifi but will connect to work wifi

Did you figure this out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-connect-to-home-wifi-but-will-connect-to-work-wifi.204978/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have windows 7 32 bit on my hp 530 notebook. Since a few days when i try to connect to any network it shows connected but when i click on networks it says identifying network. I do have the latest drivers. I have windows 8 installed and wifi works fine in it.

Please reply.

Relevancy 45.58%

I'm building a subscription wifi network for our area.

Cisco Aironet 1550 series: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5679/ps11451/data_sheet_c78-641373.html
Proxim Orinocor series: http://www.proxim.com/products/enterprise-wireless-lan-wi-fi-mesh/orinocor-wi-fi-mesh-series

The Proxim seems like the better product, and sells for a bit less.

Will I need to purchase anything else besides several of these for the network? I'm assuming the 'home' router connects to a PC (or the PC via the gateway address) for managing the network.

Thanks allot for your insight.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-wimax-network-creating-a-subscription-network.1011867/
Relevancy 45.58%

Is there a way to setup network profiles or something so that when I bring my Surface Pro to work and connect to the wireless network there it will use the static ip address I have but when I disconnect and then connect to my home wifi it will go back to DHCP? On my MacBook Pro I can go into the network settings and change the location profile I have setup for networks but I don't see anything like this for Windows 8.

A:Specific network settings based on wifi network

You can go into IPv4 Properties of this NIC, then you can use the Alternate configuration tab to set up the alternate IP, or use the Advanced tab to add a static IP/gateway/DNS etc. to TCP/IP.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/29158-specific-network-settings-based-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I did not set up my pc's to share over my home wireless network, but suddenly today I see that all drives and the printer are available between each computer. I had tried to set up the computers to share months ago, but never got it to work and gave up.

The desktop is old, running WinME, one laptop is running WinXPpro, the other laptop is running Vista. They are all connected to a Westell router/dsl modem for internet through Verizon.

So, I turn the desktop off daily. Today I go to turn it off and it says the WinXP laptop is connected and do I really want to shut down. I go to windows explorer on both machines and sure enough I have access to the other drives on each computer. I start the Vista machine and see the same.

Am I compromised?

A:MY home computers suddenly sharing over home wireless network

If you didn't make the change to share all drives, then somebody did. I would assume the worst. Time to reformat and reinstall.

Windows ME is past end of life, and no security updates are provided by MS. I wouldn't run it anymore. Maybe you'd want to try out some linux distros, some are quite good on old hardware. See this review:
http://www.linux.com/feature/52134

It seems you don't have a separate router, I would advise you to get one. I have a modem/router too but I also have a separate hardware firewall/router. The modem/router does NAT but I constantly see connections/attacks making it past the modem/router to my firewall. Having a separate router is a good thing.

Since you are using wireless, did you enable the encryption? If you have WPA or WPA2 use them and setup a long and complicated passphrase. Use WEP if you have no other choice cause WEP can be broken into real quick. You must enable encryption because with wireless, all your machines are sitting ducks when you have close range attackers, whereas with wired, at least you still have a perimeter which you can fortify with a firewall. Also it is especially important to have software firewalls on Each PC when using wireless.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-home-computers-suddenly-sharing-over-home-wireless-network.688238/
Relevancy 45.15%

Windows 7 home premium sp1
Bitdefender tell me it become unresponsive an recommend to reboot
system message tell me  Windows update is deactivated
window defender full scan found nothing
comodo antivirus deactivated and cannot be reactivated
a reboot do not change anything
can you help me please

A:W 7 home cannot conect internet and home network even in safe mode

Welcome aboard

Can you operate computer normally?

Are you running two AV programs (BitDefender and Comodo)?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/518785/w-7-home-cannot-conect-internet-and-home-network-even-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have Laptop and PC connected with lan cabel They are both with Windows Vista Home Basic bit They both have no problems with internet They have the same WORKGROUP names Both have real IPs I see each other on the Network but i can not connect to them it was all OK when I was on XP gt When I try to connect from the Laptop to the PC i recive quot Error code x quot I click on Diagnose and I on 32bit. Network Home Vista Home Basic Problem see this I tried to turn off the Firewall and the NOD antivirus but nothing changed The Sharing and Discovery Settings are OK like this I give share permissions to my network May be I have to install quot Client Home Network Problem on Vista Home Basic 32bit. quot for quot File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks quot but is no listed 'Client' or 'Servise' to use I found I have to allow permissions in the firewall to some ports like -TCP -UDP -UDP -TCP I did this Give me some help how to manage with my network so I can browse both computers copy files and so on Thanks in advance

A:Home Network Problem on Vista Home Basic 32bit.

I can't help but just wondered why you have made another post not long after your first post with exactly the same question ?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/201692-home-network-problem-vista-home-basic-32bit.html
Relevancy 45.15%

can someone help me sort this I have a bunch of devices on my lan some by ethernet some wireless One Windows Pro desktop on ethernet serves all the other devices - at least in theory Working on 10 won't network: allow Home Pro browse Home shared Windows fldr vs well no big issues But with my Windows Home edition on a Zenbook with networking on network discovery on public folder shared I can RDP into the other windows machine just fine I can map network drives etc Life's good right With my 'droid using ES File Manager I can move files easily between windows machine Windows desktop other droids etc However the ONE MACHINE it cannot get Windows 10 Home vs Pro on network: Home won't allow browse shared fldr coherent is the Zenbook running Windows Home It simply will not connect with the correct IP and credentials I can quot see quot the machine by scanning the network map with the Droid access it setup the credentials but cannot get in I am wild-guessing the firewall may be blocking but I have no trouble doing what's needed with the other Windows machine so stumped Both are fully updated to latest win updates both are essentially set same way networking-wise to my knowledge Anyone have a clue here

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/42276-windows-10-home-vs-pro-network-home-wont-allow-browse-shared-fldr.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Not sure how actively anyone is tracking user needs here but figured I had nothing to lose by asking for help unable to find an understandable Home? Virtual 2007: running access Home...password to Windows on in PC network Win7 10 Win Win98 printer answer here so far I had been happily running Virtual PC on a Win Home system printing on a network physically connected Windows Virtual PC 2007: Win98 running on Win7 Home...password to access network printer in Win 10 Home? via usb cable to a Win XP system nbsp I have now replaced the XP tower with a Windows tower with that printer attached to that tower and functioning normally When I run Virtual PC on the Win system it quot sees quot the Win system but on trying to install the printer it is asking for a password to the Win system I am guessing that it would require a ton of tweaks to get around this and although I am not a full blown novice I never like fiddling with too many settings that might screw up everything else that is working So long story short is there in fact a reasonably simple way to work around this or should I just give up to progress and new operating systems Thanks to anyone who might be willing to point me in the right direction

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a0dafef1-ad4f-4e1b-926e-78fd41964fad/windows-virtual-pc-2007-win98-running-on-win7-homepassword-to-access-network-printer-in-win-10?forum=w7itprovirt
Relevancy 44.72%

Sorry if this has already been discussed. Couldn't find on a search.

I have a small secured network in my office with a modem/router networking three computers wirelessly. I would like to add another router that would allow clients in the waiting room of my office to have internet access. Could you assist me in a setup or map? I already have a wireless Linksys router available to use as the second router.

Thank You

A:Adding Wifi Network to an Already Secured Network

Are those in the waiting room to be allowed into OR forbidden access to your Lan systems?

You already have

Code:
modem---router----your.lan.systems
to Isolate the W.R from your lan, connect

Code:

modem---router----your.lan.systems (assumed 192.168.1.x or 0.x)
|
+---new router (new channel+ssid+no encryption)
set LAN addresses and DHCP for 192.168.10.x

add firewall rule to ALL your existing LAN systems to deny src address range=192.168.10.0 thru 10.255

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-wifi-network-to-an-already-secured-network.118448/
Relevancy 44.72%

I Bought Pavilion -ab tx available ... Wifi every and network shows no access network no one and half month ago and it started having this problem weeks after buying Wifi suddenly disconnects and then it shows no networks available even when there are many Wifi shows no network available and no network access every ... networks available Mobile phone always show that they are available nbsp nbsp Wireless card nbsp Realtek RTL BE RTL EE b g n OS - Windows -bit nbsp I have tried everything to solve this System restore Recovery Updating BIOS Reseting using CMD updating wireless driver rolling back the driver to initial one But nothing has helped yet It shows the network is available if I'm sitting next to modem Then also it doesn't show other Wifi shows no network available and no network access every ... wifi Wifi shows no network available and no network access every ... networks around my home that my phone does nbsp nbsp Now obviously laptop's wifi is supposed to be better than the mobile phone's wifi but its just the opposite here The problem might be here that it loses its strength every now and then but whatever it is I'm terribly disappointed in the product that I've bought nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-shows-no-network-available-and-no-network-access-every/td-p/5674339
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a home desktop computer, and a work laptop. Over the years I've changed laptops and home computers, and have always been able to get network sharing working so I can transfer files between them by using \\<hostname>

I've had my current setup for about 6 months now, and have been able to share files. Let's call my home computer "alien" and my work computer "laptop".

A couple of days ago, I found I was not able to connect to alien from laptop, but I could connect the other way. Also, alien can ping laptop, but NOT vice versa. alien has a static IP of 192.168.1.200, and laptop has an IP address of 192.168.1.8 via DHCP.

Any ideas about why laptop cannot ping alien (which would explain why I can't connect to it)?

A:Can no longer connect to home computer over home network

Quote: Originally Posted by mbh9700

I have a home desktop computer, and a work laptop. Over the years I've changed laptops and home computers, and have always been able to get network sharing working so I can transfer files between them by using \\<hostname>

I've had my current setup for about 6 months now, and have been able to share files. Let's call my home computer "alien" and my work computer "laptop".

A couple of days ago, I found I was not able to connect to alien from laptop, but I could connect the other way. Also, alien can ping laptop, but NOT vice versa. alien has a static IP of 192.168.1.200, and laptop has an IP address of 192.168.1.8 via DHCP.

Any ideas about why laptop cannot ping alien (which would explain why I can't connect to it)?

You may want to disable the antivirus software for testing. With the ping not working it would seem like something is blocking the connection. Do the machines appear in the network folder under network?

Obviously you should make sure that Network Discovery and File and Printer sharing are turned on in the Advanced Sharing settings.

Make sure they are on the same Workgroup etc. and that file sharing is enabled through the sharing tab >Advanced Sharing> of the C:>Users folder.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/309141-can-no-longer-connect-home-computer-over-home-network.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have three computers networked together at home They have different OS s on them One is Vista Home Premium another XP Pro and the home from copy Home Can't Xp on Pro folders network to Solved: Xp third is XP Home My problem is that I can t copy or move any folders or files from the XP home machine to the Solved: Can't copy folders from Xp Home to Xp Pro on home network Xp pro machine I get an error message that access Solved: Can't copy folders from Xp Home to Xp Pro on home network is denied Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and the file is not currently in use I can go to the XP Pro computer and go through my mapped drive and click on the same file and copy it without any errors Why does this only work from one machine I know XP home only uses simple file sharing and XP Pro has more security Is there a setting that I should check on the firewall or within XP Pro I made some changes to get the XP Pro computer to be able to map a network drive to the Vista computer Will this effect the ability to copy files from XP Home I have researched this issue and have not found an answer that will solve the problem None of the computers are password protected or are any of the files password protected on any computer nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

Hello,
this problem occured recently. I had been catching wifi just fine and one day all of a sudden, my internet stopped working. When I looked on it, I realized I had no wifi connection. I can stand literally next to the router and I dont see our home wifi, but I do see other wifis out there.

My two other rommates connect to our wifi just fine, experiencing no problems with the connection.

I did all the scans and I am enclosing them to this post. Thank you for your help, it is appreciated.

A:Cannot see my home wifi

Find cmd.exe right click choose run as admin then type cmds below press return after each one

netsh wlan delete profile name="Jestrab"
netsh wlan delete profile name= "LOSANDES"
netsh wlan delete profile name= "Hollarka 1"
netsh wlan delete profile name="floor-left"
netsh wlan delete profile name="774624124"
netsh advfirewall reset
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ipv4 reset

disable Ipv6 with this Ms Fixit. http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9728869
set dns to open dns Use OpenDNS https://use.opendns.com/

Goto services and stop Klient DHCP
Klient DNS

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/127122-cannot-see-my-home-wifi.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Help,
I had to reformat my computer and am using windows 7 pro 64 bit. After getting Windows 7 back onto my computer, I was trying to use my home network to pass file between my desktop and to the a laptop. It wouldn't let me do either. I then looked at network sharing and it showed that neither my home network or home group was there. So I tried to set up another home group, and it gave me the following error:

"Must have IPv6 to create or join a home group".

When I go and try to start my IPv6 through the trouble shooter, it shows being started, but it still will not let me either join or create a home group.

Any ideas????? I hope this explanation is clear enough.

Dabeartn

Relevancy 43.86%

My main desktop is a Vista Home Premium -bit Dell system connected to a WRT G Router Workgroup with my last name The Laptop originally was XP Home configured to the same Workgroup name connected to the same router and networking was flawless In order to access a newly created Domain at my workplace my Laptop was upgraded to XP Pro SP There were still issues with a program on the work network even though I could connect to the domain so they decided to Home to XP Broke Upgrade Network Pro Home XP just get me a new desktop XP Home to XP Pro Upgrade Broke Home Network and everything there is fine But now I can t get my Laptop seen by my Desktop Here are the details On my XP Pro Laptop I entered the correct Workgroup name and had to XP Home to XP Pro Upgrade Broke Home Network sign off the Domain Now when I log on I am connecting to quot This Computer quot and not the domain From the XP Pro Laptop I can see and Ping the Desktop have Internet access a proper IP Address etc The Desktop shows up on the Network I can Map a Drive etc So from the XP Pro Laptop to the Vista Home Desktop everything works fine in that direction On the Desktop however there is a problem The Laptop does show up as a computer on the Network but when I click on it to access it I receive an Error Message Windows cannot access Dell Check the spelling Error Code x If I click on the quot Diagnose quot button I get Check the spelling of the name make sure the computer is turned on and connected etc I cannot ping the Laptop from the Desktop Time out I have NIS set up on both Computers On the Desktop when I look at the Network Map I do see the Dell Laptop and have given it quot Full Trust quot setting It shows it as quot Online quot But I can t acess the XP Laptop from the Vista Desktop despite the fact that it does show up on the Network as shown by Windows and the Network Map as shown by Norton I tried temporarily turning off the Norton Firewall on the Laptop No change As suggested on one site I found I enabled NetBIOS over TCP IP on the Laptop and rebooted but no change I tried going through the Network Wizard on the XP Laptop but it failed with a non-descriptive suggestion to try again or set it up manually When I look at System Properties the quot Full Computer Name quot of the Laptop is displayed as quot Dell quot with a period at the end even though the name itself is quot Dell quot without the period quot Dell quot is shown as the NetBIOS name I do have the Data partition on the XP Latop quot shared quot as I did before the XP Pro upgrade when everything was working fine Windows File Sharing is enabled I m stumped It seems I ve done everything right but can t figure out why the Vista Desktop can t seem to connect with the XP Laptop Any suggestions greatly appreciated I imagine there s some small switch that needs to be thrown but for the life of me I can t identify it Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

My school allows youtube, but recently, I can't play videos on the service. My classmates are fine, but my laptop (windows 10) won't play. Why? And how do I fix it?
Laptop: Dell Inspiron 13 7000 i7

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434363-why-my-youtube-not-working-one-wifi-but-working-my-home-wifi.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Unable to see home network computers in Windows Explorer Network screen I have a home network with laptops and desktop The desktop I use as a quot file server quot in that all work done on the laptops is stored to the to Explorer Unable network computers Windows in see scree home Network desktop The desktop computer name is HAL One laptop is fine and sees the network The other just stopped seeing it rebooted the laptop rebooted HAL did a number of refreshes without any luck I opened EXCEL and found a worksheet that was listed that I knew was saved Unable to see home network computers in Windows Explorer Network scree on HAL Was able to open the file and when I tried the SAVE AS I could navigate through all of HAL just as normal Went to Windows Explorer and still no HAL listed as a COMPUTER on the NETWORK I have a internet connection so I know I am making it to the router at least And when I check NETWORK AND SHARING CENTER it shows an active home network Unable to see home network computers in Windows Explorer Network scree The laptop is running Windows Home Premium Service Pack Build Thanks in advance for any help George

A:Unable to see home network computers in Windows Explorer Network scree

Still working on the problem. Tried to do a system restore back to the point where everything was working. Still no HAL showing as a network computer; Excel now does not recognize the path that worked yesterday. But now I am able to create a shortcut that will take me to HAL on the network. Guess this is a good enough fix for right now. When I go to Windows Explorer, Network it still only shows the 2 laptops and not HAL......WHY????

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/229783-unable-see-home-network-computers-windows-explorer-network-scree.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Here is the deal I am running Windows XP SP on my home tower custom built The tower is hardwired to a Linksys WRT GS Solved: office ready not Network printer home network will to connect router The tower does not have a wireless NIC There are a few other computers that access this small network at various Solved: Network ready printer will not connect to home office network times The router is using WPA-PSK encryption Wireless MAC address connectivity is enabled I bought an HP NW Laserjet printer and tried connecting it to the wireless network using the enclosed getting started guide I initially tried connecting it in ad hoc mode because I believe this is what I should use in my home office No dice Nothing was recognized The only printing success I got was when I hooked an Ethernet cable directly to the router After unplugging the cable I had no luck printing wirelessly even though I tried also configuring the installation for infrastructure mode where the printer was recognized but still would not print once the cable was removed I have taken the printer s MAC address and added it as a trusted endpoint in both my router s configuration table and in my firewall Norton Internet Security However that has also not helped Some advice I have read is making sure QoS is disabled on the router and also making sure that the SSID and pass key for the printer match that of the router It should be easy to make these changes to the printer but I cannot access the embedded web server in this printer to make these changes Also one source said to make sure the printer is on the same subnet as the router I only have one subnet in my network and that is the xx xx range of addresses that I use for two of my laptops with wireless NICs and a third Dell tower with a Linksys wireless NIC Any ideas on what else I can try I am pretty much out of ideas Thanks Elizabeth K nbsp

A:Solved: Network ready printer will not connect to home office network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-ready-printer-will-not-connect-to-home-office-network.581074/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi all This is all on my home network - both PCs are local to each other I have a Win PC which hosts all within network Remote loses network home drive randomly desktop and connectivity mapped my media and documents which I connect to via remote desktop and share a drive on the network It has no monitor so remote desktop is my main method of access Very occasionally I will turn it on and be unable to connect to it or the mapped drive In fact my main PC Win cannot find it on the network anywhere But it IS on the network - I can connect via my mobile using Splashtop and I can also connect via TeamViewer from the main PC This is not a solution though as I need to be able to access the shared drive on my main PC Remote desktop and mapped network drive within home network randomly loses connectivity Both PCs use Bitdefender Makes no Remote desktop and mapped network drive within home network randomly loses connectivity difference with the BD firewall temporarily turned off As I mentioned sometimes it connects fine with no issues and sometimes it can't find it In these situations I can't even ping the Media PC's IP address timeout nor can the Media PC ping the main PC It can obviously ping the router Usually a restart of the Media PC fixes this although that's annoying - but today it isn't The error that I get is 'The network path was not found' and for remote desktop 'Remote Desktop can't find the computer 'MediaServer quot This might mean it does not belong to the specified network quot etc I also thought it work mentioning that this is what comes up when using the net use command Status nbsp nbsp nbsp Local nbsp nbsp Remote nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Network ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Unavailable nbsp X nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp MediaServer D nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Microsoft Windows Network The command completed successfully If I then muck around with deleting the share and reconnecting it will sometimes reconnect Today - no can't find the network path Any help appreciated

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1a303e2f-6cbb-4147-8cdd-2009aa384661/remote-desktop-and-mapped-network-drive-within-home-network-randomly-loses-connectivity?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 43.43%

So i'm having an issue connecting my desktop to my home network for file sharing. My Desktop is connected to the internet like so: Desktop ->(Ethernet cable)-> Uverse 2wire router -> Internet.

I have no issues with my internet connection, and in fact I am posting this from my desktop now. Windows Network Diagnostics finds no issues when I run the trouble shooter. and when I try to connect to a home group it refers me to the network issue.

This issue has plagued me for about 6 months now. I have talked to Uverse tech support, and many of my friends who are into computers and have gotten no answers. Computer is running windows 7 SP1 and again the router is the Uverse 2wire router

How can I make my desktop available for network sharing?

Also here is a screenshot of the network map according to this computer

A:Network Sharing Problem. Connecting Desktop to home network

Have you set up a home network? What is the workgroup name? Are there any passwords of any kind? Have you set your shared settings on each PC in the workgroup?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/207840-network-sharing-problem-connecting-desktop-home-network.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi there, I use Wireless internet for both my pc and laptop, and connect through my BT Homehub. But whenever I open the wireless connections tab, it always shows a Talk Talk Wireless option along with the BT one which I use (and sometimes a 3rd connection that is unknown to me).
I think my network is secure, as I have to put a network key in before it will connect to the internet on the PC, but when I connect to the internet on the laptop no key is required, (so unsure a bit now) but I just wanted to make sure that the Talk Talk connection and the other one that is showing, is not somebody who can see all of the files on either my pc or laptop.
Just wanted some advice really, to make sure I dont have anybody viewing my files etc. Thank you in advance.

Relevancy 43.43%

I have a bunch of photos and music I'd like to get from my old pc to my newer laptop, but I'm really not sure how to go about it. It would be nice if there was a way to just download all of it from one computer to another, but I have no clue as to how to do this. If you know, please tell me.

Relevancy 43.43%

Since I bought this new pc I've been trying to connect to the internet but I couldn't. I have a personal wireless network to which i can connect with other devices but this new machine just can't. In the first place it can't even connect to it (sometimes it doesn't even see it) and when it can i can't seem to be able to surf the web without problems (really slow). this new pc has a ipv6 while my laptop is a ipv4, maybe there's some kind of conflict with the router? I can show you the ipconfig/all if it can be of some help. thanks

Relevancy 43.43%

I have had this laptop for over 4 months and had no problem with the home  wifi.  Last few days ago, I could not connect to wifi anymore even though my phones and tablet are still able to connect the wifi.  I looked around to find the switch that my old laptop had, but could not find it.  Is there anyway I can fix it by myself?  Can you please help!  Thanks so much in advance!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-Connect-to-Home-Wifi/td-p/5597328
Relevancy 43.43%

Last night and for as long as I've had my laptop the wig has worked fine. I turned it on this morning and it won't connect to wifi and I desperately need it. I've done a troubleshoot and it says a network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken. I don't plug anything in so I assume it's broken but don't know how to fix this? Also, there's a crack in the back of my laptop and I'm not sure if this has something to do with it has it may be pulling internal components out but I'm not sure. Please help fast as this is urgent, thanks

A:Can't connect to home wifi?

did you try updating the wifi card driver

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-connect-to-home-wifi/td-p/5817583
Relevancy 43.43%

I have opened my wifi , but my laptop still cant search any wifi. When i troubleshoot the problem, it shows nothing's wrong. But in fact, I cant detect any wifi. By the way , before this happened , my wifi will be disconnected when i play Dota 2, sometimes it required me to restart my laptop in order to detect the wifi. Although i reconnected to Dota 2 , it will be disconnected once again. This problem happened again and agian and it still happens. It does really trouble me a lot . Is it related?

A:Cannot detect any wifi (win 7 home)

By the way, the following is my laptop detail:
laptop model: ASUS N53S
CPU : i5-2410m
ram: 4GB

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-detect-any-wifi-win-7-home.1077898/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi I have the same problem with snm I couldn t detect my home wifi but others can and also i can detect other wifi from my neighbours Below is the thing you need i just follow the instruction you give wifi home detect Can't to snm Can't detect home wifi Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users CHRISTIAN gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name CHRISTIAN-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No Can't detect home wifi WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Can't detect home wifi PCI-E Fast Ethernet Contro ller NDIS Physical Address - - -BE- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom g Network Adapter Physical Address C- - - - C-C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap Belkin Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E D - - -AFB -F AC E DAEC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B B -E - -A A- BE BF C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users CHRISTIAN gt nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

Jesus Christ is the ONLY True GOD!
The ONLY GOD who rose from the dead and lives forever.
Jesus Christ is the ONLY ONE who qualifies to give us eternal life.
He will also heal your bodies . FOR FREE
You have to ask Him ...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-home-setup-help.1155070/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey,

So i'm having an odd problem, my wifi only works correctly at home. When at home, I have no problem and a good, solid internet connection. When I am anywhere else (friend's house, school, work, even my phone personal hotspot), I can connect to the internet with no problem, and it even shows as "internet" on the wifi screen so I know it is getting it. However, when I attempt to load a webpage it shows as if there is no internet. I have tried Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. I have done the ipconfig renew and release, when I do release it says "media disconnected". I have also tried forgetting the network and reconnecting.

Unfortunately I don't have access to the internet in these locations to troubleshoot, so I figure I would get some advice now and try it when I am there again.

Thank you

A:Can only get wifi to work at home.

Anyone have any suggestions?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/35186-can-only-get-wifi-work-home.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I just got a bt home hub as part of an upgrade to my internet connection.
Yesterday when I connected everything as per instructions, all was working fine, desktop running Vista was connected by ethernet & has ( still has!) excellent speed. Laptop (Xp) was working fine on wifi ( although a fair bit slower than desktop as expected).
today tho, the laptop connects at a very slow speed, so slow that it takes about 5 mins to load a webpage!
Ive tried reinstalling the bt cd, going thru their help but all to no avail!
I would have thought perhaps the hub thingy just hasnt the power that my old router has but it DID work ok last night so it cant be a power or location issue.

Any ideas?
Yeh I know I could phone BT but they just put you thru to India which is usually a total waste of time.

A:bt home hub wifi problems

Could be wireless conflicts, let's check.
Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, paste a screen shot of the Network screen here.
To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bt-home-hub-wifi-problems.905097/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have two USB printers that I am trying to print to wirelessly from my Laptop.

Both printers are hooked into my HP Desktop computer running Vista 64bit.
My internet is Frontier DSL running through a Netgear router.
I have a Toshiba laptop running Windows 7 Professional.

From my desktop (Vista), I've set both printers to 'Share' but when I search for them in the Networking menu on my laptop (Windows 7), it can't seem to find them.

Is what I am trying to do feasible and am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

A:Using home wifi for USB printers

Hello,
What you are trying to do is definitely feasible, and quite common. Here are some things to look at. Can your laptop see other shared resources, such as folders, on the desktop?

1. Both computers should be in the same workgroup. Control Panel -> System -> Advanced System Properties -> Computer Name (this is the Windows 7 location, Vista should be in a similar location). If your laptop is used at work on an office network then you may want to check with your IT dept before making a change on the laptop.

2. The host computer (Desktop running Vista) needs to be sharing the printers (which you said that you did already). It also needs to have any firewall allowing printer sharing so that other computers can "see" the printers.

3. After the printers are shared, and accessible, to your network then your network needs to allow the two computers to talk to each other. Most likely your network is using the DSL Modem/Router as the central connection point. Check to see if there is a Router setting that may be blocking the communication.

4. The printer drivers/software needs to be installed on the laptop, and needs to be able to handle a network connection to a printer shared on another computer. If the driver is limited to only a local USB connection to the printer then you may be out of luck on this.

I wish you good luck with this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/345672-using-home-wifi-usb-printers.html
Relevancy 43.43%

My pc connects to the wifi but keeps diconnecting after a few seconds.The wifi is working just fine with all other devices, and my pc only has this problem with my home network.It's been like this for a while some days it'll stay connected without any problems and some days it just won't connect.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/PC-won-t-connect-to-home-Wifi/td-p/5716580
Relevancy 43.43%
A:yo I cant connect to my home wifi help please

There can be several reasons for the issue. You can refer to the following link for troubleshooting options depending upon the operating system you are using:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/network-connection-problem-help#network-problems=windows-... Hope this will help you.

http://community.acer.com/t5/XP-Vista-or-earlier/yo-I-cant-connect-to-my-home-wifi-help-please/td-p/339023/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a 5,000 sf home with two internet lines. I want to set up the best WIFI coverage for the entire home. When I tried to set up WIFI routers on each of the internet lines, it seemed to create interference of some kind. Any advice about how to either: a) use a single router to cover the entire house, or b) use a single router on each of the internet modems?

Thanks.

Relevancy 43.43%

2 XP machines flip online / offline randomly, and frequently, after working ok for a long time. Have changed nothing. And a notebook still gets online ok. New Win 8 machine can't get online and it's asking for logon scripts or static proxy server address. I don't know this stuff so need help.

My Network: a very remote modem, a closer router, and several Netgear extenders.

A while back the intermittent on/offline activity was corrected by you guys, by refreshing the router, which I did today - did not help with the new machine.

Anyway, I'm guessing 1) the XP machines components are starting to fail and one XP machine has other problems, justifying a new one. Plus I now have a really good test in place, using the new machine.

What's the next step, thanx.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/home-wifi-problem.1148854/
Relevancy 43.43%

My WiFi is dropping very often, resp. it switches from secured to unsecured(the pop up window appears every 2-5min saying its connected and then its connected but unsecured). This is really annoying. The modem i am using TP-LINK TL5421G.
network security

Security Type: WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK
Security Option: auto
Encryption: auto
PSK Passphrase: *******
Thanks in advance

Relevancy 43.43%

Hey there!
I have a toshiba portege and I am unable to connect to my wireless network at home. All my roommates can and two days ago I could! I haven't changed anything and none of my roommates or landlord has done anything. When I try to "diagnose" the problem I get the notice that there is a problem with the adapter. I have tried disabling everything and restarting it. The wireless switch is on. The security info is all correct and we have tried the restarting of the router.
Any ideas?
Cheers!

Relevancy 43.43%
A:yo I cant connect to my home wifi help please

There can be several reasons for the issue. You can refer to the following link for troubleshooting options depending upon the operating system you are using:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/network-connection-problem-help#network-problems=windows-... Hope this will help you.

http://community.acer.com/t5/XP-Vista-or-earlier/yo-I-cant-connect-to-my-home-wifi-help-please/td-p/339023
Relevancy 43.43%

I'm facing a problem regarding my home wifi..it's not listed on my wifi section..but when someone make a wifi hotspot through mobile data, it pick it up and listed..but not my home wifi..my computer acer aspire 4715z with broadcom 802.11g driver adapter listed..I tried bunch of method yet still zero result..is there any solutions out there..

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/45735-no-home-wifi-listed.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi I just moved into a new house Ranch with basement and the office is located on the South end of the house in the basement I have a desktop setup in that room with one of those wireless modem s all in one Upstairs the Issues In Having Wifi Home signal is fine on the south end of the house gets spotty towards the middle of the house and then completely disappears once you get to the North end I had assumed that you could have a wireless modem upstairs and then just a regular modem downstairs but Comcast said that Having Wifi Issues In Home is not possible They just suggested moving the wireless router to a more centralized location I d like to keep the desktop where it s at because it s the best location based on the houses layout But I d like to get a stronger signal upstairs It just so happens it s kind of the perfect storm because where I mostly use my laptop ipad is upstairs and at the complete opposite end of the house The comcast rep just suggested upgrading to the newer version of my wireless modem basically Motorala something Is there another solution that I m missing that will strengthen the signal upstairs nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

My laptop will not connect to the new home wifi for some reason. I have never connected to this wifi before. When I put in the current wifi password which we made ourselves it says it is incorrect. However when I put in the original password that came with the router it just says it "can't connect". I don't know if that means anything, but the main issue is that the laptop will not connect to the wifi when all of my other devices had no issue.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-connect-to-home-wifi/td-p/5732416