Windows Support Forum

Have a weird issue. Win7, Windows 2003 Server, some shares missing

Q: Have a weird issue. Win7, Windows 2003 Server, some shares missing

At our office, we have a Windows 2003 File server (one of them), and Windows 7 workstations. The workstations can use Explorer fine to view all the folders on the share. But for whatever reason when you go to a command prompt and do a DIR on that share, it is missing about 60% of the folders.

Now, the iphone app that uses the vpn to view these shares too also does not show them. Does anyone have a idea what this could be and how to fix it?

This is really weird.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Have a weird issue. Win7, Windows 2003 Server, some shares missing

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Have a weird issue. Win7, Windows 2003 Server, some shares missing

Win 7 Web client running as a service?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/166648-have-weird-issue-win7-windows-2003-server-some-shares-missing.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hey everybody

I'm having some trouble with creating shares and permissions withing Windows Server 2003. I want to have a share on the server that only one user can map a drive to.

I would tell what steps I have taken, but I have done so many things, it might be best to just start from scratch, since nothing is in the folder yet anyway. Can someone give me a quick guide to creating a share, and making it where only one user can access it?

I'm creating it on the C: on the server.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Relevancy 87.29%

User with XP Pro on laptop has lost connection to the \\Server\Shares. Logon to network seems to be OK but can't see the shared folders. User seems to think this started when he had a problem with McAfee and had to uninstall it.

Have tried to Add Network Connection but it won't recognize the pathname when I type it in.

Ideas appreciated. Thanks

A:Can't Access Shares folders - Windows Server 2003

Are you using a Workgroup or Domain??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-shares-folders-windows-server-2003.467934/
Relevancy 85.14%

All I have a windows server that controls my windows domain I know I know I m using old technology I have XP workstations that access network drives on the windows server Now I put my first Windows Pro workstation on my network but I didn t join it to the windows domain I just want the Windows workstation to be able to map a drive from the windows server I ve tried everything I mean everything net use z windows svr share USER email protected net use z windows svr share USER domainname user Neither worked I also Edition Windows Server Shares 2000 Accessing on Advanced Win7 tried this Click start Type regedit Press enter In the left expand these folders HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control In the left click on the folder named Lsa In the right double-click quot LmCompatibilityLevel quot Type the number and press enter Restart your computer Click Start Click Control Panel Click System and Maintenance Click Administrative Tools Double-Click Local Security Policy In the left pane click the triangle next to Local Policy In the left pane click Security Options Win7 Accessing Shares on Windows 2000 Server Advanced Edition In the right pane near the bottom double-click quot Network security LAN manager authentication level quot Click the drop-down box and click quot Send LM amp NTLM - use NTLMv session security if negotiated quot Click OK NONE OF THIS WORKED CAN ANYONE HELP ME AND I ALSO TRIED THIS Using a command prompt and type the following net use z servername sharename USER domain user And I received the following error System Error has occured Access is denied I even tried to use the windows gui interface with no luck My Settings Local Security Policy Security Settings gt Local Policies gt Security Options Network security Minimum session security for NTLM SSP based including secure RPC clients No minimum Network security Minimum session security for NTLM SSP based including secure RPC servers No minimum Network security LAN Manager authentication level Send LM amp NTLMv session security if negoiated Is there something that I m missing or something else that I need to check nbsp

A:Win7 Accessing Shares on Windows 2000 Server Advanced Edition

HI

Instead of using commands from the prompt which you would have put in a login script in xp.
Can you just open windows and then see if you are able to connect directly by using \\servername\share-name.
If it prompts you with a window for a username and password then do this
1. put the username as domain\username
2. if 1 doesnt work try ipaddress\username
3. if both dont work then lookup the error code in eventviewer.

Let us know how it goes

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win7-accessing-shares-on-windows-2000-server-advanced-edition.1111466/
Relevancy 80.41%

I have an XP machine looking at a 2003 Server (peer2peer no domain). It can see SOME shares on the server fine, but one shared folder says "...is not accessible... Incorrect Function..." when clicked. WTF? Other pc's (Win7) see it fine. Checked permissions on the share and it's Everyone = Complete Access. I tried mapping a drive letter to the share and got an error saying that it already is mapped!! Not that I can find though. How could ONE share be inaccessible?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-can-see-some-shares-on-2003-server-but-not-all.1166491/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hya folks

I hope you guys can help me more than my IT dept.

We have a backup server running Server 2003. We are also using this server for shared databases. I have created a folder for one of our depts & made the shares & sorted the security settings. However the end user (running 98) can not see the share.

If I put it as a shared sub-folder of another shared folder she can see it but only by navigating thru the parent folder which I don't want due to the nature of the contents of that folder.

I'm now confused & not really an expert on sharing. Any help really appreciated.

Thanx

Gogs

Relevancy 79.12%

I am the only win PC on a OSX network cannot and see OSX Win7 server OSX Network- shares server in OSX I have Win7 and OSX server Network- cannot see OSX shares SMB service turned on I do not see windows sharing in Win7 and OSX server Network- cannot see OSX shares the file sharing area Win7 and OSX server Network- cannot see OSX shares of the server admin app on the Mac server Which is weird I have a user account and PW set up with share permissions turned on on both systems I can see my win pc from the Mac I even have a shard folder on the Win pc that I can drop files into from the mac when I am copying files over to the Win pc I can see the mac In the network section of explorer but I cannot see anything like a sharepoint if I click on it even though they are set up I can ping from either the PC or the mac and all packets come back no loss On the win box I have the same Workgroup name as on the Mac I have changed the local security policy to the common mods needed for macs and Win machines to talk to each other firewall is off Homegroup is off file and print and password sharing is enabled From the mac I have to put in a user name and pw to connect to the share on the win machine I have been working on this issue for days on and off it is driving me crazy Any help would be great Local SEC Policy I changed were In NETWORK SECURITY Change the setting from quot Send NTMLv response only quot to quot Send LM amp NTLM - use NTLMv session if negotiated quot Network Security Minimum session security for NTLM SSP Based including secure RPC Clients Change the setting from quot require bit quot to unchecked No Minimum Sent from phone pls excuse spelling Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/win7-and-osx-server-network-cannot-see-osx-shares-532384.html
Relevancy 78.69%

We have encountered a phenomena as of late where we completely lose access to our shares upon reboot of the server. Any ideas regarding settings in the server registry that may retain the shared drives? The drives are actually on a Dell MD3000i array. thanks

A:losing shares on 2003 server on reboot

It looks like it is an issue of the order of how the services are started (i.e. the server service is starting before the SAN service upon reboot...restarting the server service will bring up shares again). anyone know how to change the order in the registry? cannot find Server service in the services folder nor can I find the SAN service.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-shares-on-2003-server-on-reboot.729630/
Relevancy 76.54%

Had the below set up forever w o problems On the desk My desktop AND work laptop Under the desk a port switch with CAT s to Work laptop PB R P My desktop NT-PC and NAS The switch connects to router thats configed as DHCP server One day from my desktop tried to access NAS shares and got this Here is ONLY Server see Win7 visiable Router+switch. Media as NAS Cant shares, the network view The network map on desktop NT-PC doesnt show the switch but the big question mark instead and router quot Win7 Router+switch. Cant see NAS shares, visiable ONLY as Media Server Netgear Leo quot My work laptop is connected to same switch as Desktop Win7 Router+switch. Cant see NAS shares, visiable ONLY as Media Server and NAS but the map looks different and I can see and ACCESS the NAS I've also confirmed that homegroup has same name on NAS Router and Desktop The work laptop is a domain machine Here is the view from laptop The Switch shows up as icon but Desktop NT-PC is unable to show up on the map I can FTP to the NAS from Desktop but despite that NAS shows up on network map as media server it still wont launch any media So access to my Book collection via Calibre thats configed to store library on Win7 Router+switch. Cant see NAS shares, visiable ONLY as Media Server a NAS share is gone and it wont connect VIA FTP at least not in a way that allows me to search by title etc Any guesses Network ppl Please Much appreciated

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/385910-win7-router-switch-cant-see-nas-shares-visiable-only-media-server.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello, i've got a server and. the problem is. i installed a new windows server 2003 and now im getting the error: BootMGR is Missing already tryed this cmd commands:
bootrec.exe /fixboot
bootrec.exe /fixmbr

if i install a new windows its very fast with installing just takes like a minute its too fast, already tryed some things. but didnt fix it yet

spec's: (of Server) [HP Proliant ML 350]
3,5 gb ram.
about 140gb HDD (Scsi)

Thanks in advance if you need any info just pm/Reply me.

Thanks so much!

A:Windows server 2003, bootmgr is missing?.

Make sure the HD you are trying to boot is set first to boot in BIOS setup.

If so then boot the Win7 DVD to run Startup Repair a few times, making sure the OS partition is marked Active first.

If this fails, then reinstall with only one HD plugged in.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/244427-windows-server-2003-bootmgr-missing.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I am Running Windows SP with AVG Business Edition Anti-Virus and have Windows server Redirect and 2003 issue managed somehow to pick up some malware that is causing all browsers to not connect to the intended sites Seems to be a redirect virus For example I cannot connect to windowsupdate microsoft com to patch my system when I sneaker-net d in SpyBot it won t update etc etc It s even gone so far as to block me from downloading an update to What s Up Gold a NMS product I run I have run HiJack This gmer mbam otl root kit revealer root repeal spybot Windows server 2003 and Redirect issue tdsskiller and gone through my registry with a fine tooth comb but cannot seem to fix the redirect issue I would appreciate some assistance if available as I am stuck in a corner now and my next step is to spend many days re-installing the OS and restoring databases from incremental backups I would much prefer to clean the system if possible I can provide any logs you need from gmer or otl or whatever but combofix won t run on neither will dds scr so just let me know what format you want them in as it looks like most people fill up pages and pages of forums with posting their logs and this seems so inefficient to me Thanks

A:Windows server 2003 and Redirect issue

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the Quick Scan button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTListIt.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note - if you get the following warning, just ignore: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"Click on Cancel, then Accept.-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new OTL log (don't forget extra.txt)RKU logThanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/379913/windows-server-2003-and-redirect-issue/
Relevancy 71.38%

I have a Windows Standard Server 2003 issue Windows printing Server working as the new print server in my NT domain It has dual Xeon GHz GB ram ea Intel Server adapters in a load balancing team It Windows 2003 Server printing issue is running Symantec Corp Anti-virus ver and is current with MS updates I have printer ports set up on it including Canon HP Lexmark and Ricoh All are using TCP IP as the printing protocol All have the latest drivers and flat shares for other Windows clients are also installed Several times a day no pattern to when the printers seem to Windows 2003 Server printing issue freeze up Print jobs still come into the server s Windows 2003 Server printing issue spooler but they stop printing to the printer itself The services are not stopped but if I stop and restart the Print Spooler service and dependant services Canon NetSpot Suite Service and TCP IP Print Server printing resumes as normal I have tried recreating the ports reinstalling the drivers on the server flashing the firmware on the printers reinstalling the printers on the workstations cold booting the printers excluding the C WINDOWS system spool folder from any anti-virus scans etc nbsp

A:Windows 2003 Server printing issue

I've had a similar problem, I'd just reboot the server and all is well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2003-server-printing-issue.191084/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi all my first time on this forum so I ll try and Windows 2003 Routing Server Issue post as much information as I can in the hope that someone can help me out I have a Windows server with Windows 2003 Server Routing Issue nics in NIC is connected to the office hub NIC IP sn dg dns and NIC is connected to a Linksys RV load balancing Internet Router NIC IP sn dg dns and Linksys RV router LAN IP WAN IP cable modem WAN IP ADSL modem currently disconnected All workstations have static IP addresses in the range with s net and default gateway My problem is that we appear to have some kind of routing issue in that often the internet doesn t work on the workstations although it will remain working on the server Also certain PCs resolve the name of the server to the IP address when you try and ping the server by name - the pings are not returned Within the routing and remote access section of the server there are a couple of routes defined under network interfaces general IGMP and NAT These routes are either entitled router or hub the router ones use the address with a gateway of and the hub ones use the address with a gateway Anyone care to offer suggestions as to what s wrong with my network and what I should do to sort it It should be noted that due to the type of environment that I am in I am forced to undertake any changes in a live office situation - I can do nothing after hours Thanks in advance any more information needed please ask nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2003-server-routing-issue.644668/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello nbsp As per the subject I'm having a problem with EMET on 5.2 2003 R2 with Windows on Issue Server EMET SP2 x86 Windows Server R SP x nbsp Specifically whilst EMET appears to install successfully and its processes are running no applications that I've set up for EMET protection have a green tick next to their name in the quot Running EMET quot column in the EMET GUI I've tried a wide variety of things - un-installing all other AV Issue with EMET 5.2 on Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 x86 and security software Issue with EMET 5.2 on Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 x86 disabling everything except core MS Issue with EMET 5.2 on Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 x86 services on boot via MSCONFIG trying older x versions of EMET ensuring all possible available Windows Updates are installed trying different options for DEP and the other core mitigations and so on and so forth - but no matter what I do whilst EMET runs it doesn't seem to actually be doing anything nbsp Any changes I make to the rules and the startup of the EMET service are all recorded in the Application Event Log but no actual process protection seems to be happening as far as I can see Has anyone else encountered a problem like this or have any suggestions on how to proceed nbsp I realise of course that Server is a completely un-supported EOL operating system at this point but that was the main reason I wanted to get EMET running on this particular server to provide it with at least a modicum of protection for however long it has to stay on line nbsp Any input suggestions or ideas would be very welcome Thank you Kevin Drysdale

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9c6a39f8-aa2d-44b2-a6fc-a154e3507565/issue-with-emet-52-on-windows-server-2003-r2-sp2-x86?forum=emet
Relevancy 70.95%

This post was intended to be a reply to quot Hard drive nearly full for no apparent reason quot but has ended up as a separate thread I seem to have a similar issue I ve discovered that my Windows Installer folder is over GB Nearly all of the space is Server Windows with Similar issue Solved: 2003 used by about msp files that have nine distinct dates beginning and ending On of the dates all the files are identical in size One one of the dates there are files of two different sizes is around when I first noticed space problems on the drive and began working on it Deleting logs compressing unused files has kept space available until now Because the Installer folder is hidden I didn t notice it size until yesterday There are no recent install failures in Windows update and I can t Solved: Similar issue with Windows 2003 Server determine what app these files are associated with The Summary tab for every one that I ve checked shows only the keyword PatchSourceList The machine is a server so it does not have Office installed It is running Windows Server Update Services but those files are being stored on a separate drive I ve run Malwarebytes and it found one item which I allowed it to delete The log entry is Registry Data Items Infected HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer Advanced Start ShowMyDocs Hijack StartMenu - gt Bad Good - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully I may be wrong but this appears unrelated Any suggestions nbsp

A:Solved: Similar issue with Windows 2003 Server

Apparently I had acquired a large number of orphan installer files in the Installer folder that were being replicated as part of the installer cache any time a package was installed.

I downloaded Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 3 32-bit Support Tools
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...11-FD83-419D-939B-9A772EA2DF90&displaylang=en (which apparently will also run under XP) and ran the command "msizap g". This apparently compared each installer with the registry's list of installed packages and removed the orphans. The Installer folder is now 554 MB.

I did not figure out where the orphan files came from in the first place.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-similar-issue-with-windows-2003-server.793318/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello all,

Over the weekend it seems that one of my Windows 7 computers here where I work lost connectivity with our file server.

Workstation:
Windows 7 Home Premium
Pentium Dual Core
3GB RAM

Server:
Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard x64
Intel Core 2 Duo
8GB RAM

It never had issues connecting with the share before now. Now every time I try to connect it to the share, it tells me that the password for the account is invalid. As the account for the workstation had no encrypted or protected files on the server, I just went and reset the password to make sure it hadnt gotten changed some how. This however did not fix the issue. The computer is able to access the internet and see that the server indeed exists on the network, but for what ever reason is not able to access the share any longer.

Any ideas?

A:Issue Accessing Share On Windows Server 2003 R2 x64

Really? No one has any clues at all?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/378165-issue-accessing-share-windows-server-2003-r2-x64.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi I m guessing this is a network issue it may not be We have several HP MFPs They all have quot scan to network folder quot enabled They were easy to set up and have been working fine In May we upgraded migrated to Windows servers All these MFPs were Possible Windows 2003 Server to with Scan folder Issue function MFP moved settings changed and again have been working fine This week for some reason none of them can scan to a network folder anymore They are all still printing and emailing but cannot quot find quot the network folder to send scans to I can ping the printer the WINS server is set right The printer uses a generic userid and when Possible Windows Server 2003 Issue with MFP Scan to folder function you sign on to a computer using that id you can get to the shared folder used for scanned files So the access is good permissions are right All these printers are getting the same error even though the all scan Possible Windows Server 2003 Issue with MFP Scan to folder function to different folders on the same server The server they scan to was rebooted on Sunday night Monday was the first day none of them could access the shared folders any more I cannot figure out what happened Nothing else was changed just a reboot Any ideas nbsp

A:Possible Windows Server 2003 Issue with MFP Scan to folder function

hmmm... now that sounds familiar. I don't have the solution for you but I have the same problem with a canon imagerunner scanning to a 2003 server. Spent a couple of hours at it, very simple feature but the server wouldn't allow it. Had to scan to a computer based print server and setup scan to email for the time being.

Had there been any microsoft updates that came down from microsoft before the reboot of the server? Is this a 2003 server? sp1 or sp2? Firewall didn't come on did it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-windows-server-2003-issue-with-mfp-scan-to-folder-function.493489/
Relevancy 68.37%

I have several machines all running Win RC and one WHS aka Win All of the machines worked together fine except for one Win machine that had trouble accessing network shares XP/2003 can't Windows see 7 resources I set up a virtual XP machine on one of the other working Win machines for testing purposes -- sure enough same issue connecting to it as connecting to WHS I figured if it affected XP then it would affect tons of real-world users so that's what I searched the web for as I tried solution after solution As you can imagine many hits pointed me to this forum where I found many good ideas to try -- but even here there were many many threads left unresolved including my poor machine Symptoms - all connections TO the affected Win machine worked as expected - the affected machine worked fine to amp from all other Win machines - could see the XP machines in Explorer - could Windows 7 can't see XP/2003 shares resolve XP host names - could NOT enumerate xpbox nor access XP resources xpbox share xpbox printer despite matching accounts I'd always get a login dialog and no matter what I typed there I'd get quot access Windows 7 can't see XP/2003 shares denied quot - could NOT install the WHS connector software similar error message indicating a permissions issue - could NOT join a homegroup ditto I now believe this is unrelated -- starting to see this on other machines Things I tried without success - turned off all firewalls - set all Win sharing settings to be identical to other machines that were working ok - set all Win sharing settings to be as permissive as possible and several combos in between - checked amp rechecked that usernames passwords matched all around - checked that users were in the Administrators group on target computer - checked NTFS permissions - created new admin accounts on all machines with passwords that were impossible to mistype then entering those credentials into the login dialog after the st failure - restarted both machines - connected from the quot Network quot root node instead of browsing - connected via quot net use quot at the command line -- with and without explicit user parameter - checked that there was nothing cached in the Windows credential manager - clean install of not not an upgrade of anything no rd party networking or security software - checked that all machines were in the same workgroup - ensured that LLTD was installed via XP SP in my case - switched network profile to Work to disable any HomeGroup features that might be in play mistakenly - ensured all machines were on the same subnet - removed router set up static IPs on each machine - kept DHCP but tried browsing via IP - set NetBT to force broadcast mode via registry - disabled IPv - forced use of WHQL nForce Networking drivers instead of the ones included with Win - swapped in a known-good Intel NIC - turned on quot include anonymous users in Everyone group quot in Local Security Policy - turned off blank password restrictions in the registry - wipe reinstall with -bit Win RC instead of x My solution Near the point of frustration I had taken to combing the Windows event logs for clues At some point I noticed that log times were day behind After I adjusted the system time everything suddenly worked Root cause Modern versions of Windows use the system time during SMB authentication NTLMv - within the client response Kerberos - all tickets My guess is that Win lt - gt Win SMB is smart enough to fall back to NTLMv even if both machines claim they support NTLMv I probably could have gotten this working on XP by forcing one or the other into NTLMv -only mode I'm not sure how I got in this state since the machine was set to synchronize with the same time servers time microsoft com as everyone else But hey it worked Hope this helps someone If not try the other solutions in the list I think I've managed to collect all of the troubleshooting ideas listed on this forum amp others

A:Windows 7 can't see XP/2003 shares

I am having the same issues but my time is synchronized with the PDC emulator in my AD. All machines are at the same time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/11155-windows-7-cant-see-xp-2003-shares.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi I am having an issue Folder issue, Offline 7 Win Client Flie Server. Server 2003 sync with offline files created offline syncing back to the server I have set up a network share to be available offline on a client computer All files are available offline without Offline Folder sync issue, Win 7 Client Server 2003 Flie Server. issue Here is the issue however If I set the folder to work offline any file I create in the folder when it is offline just disappears when the folder comes back online there are no conflicts or sync failures reported in sync center If I create a new folder offline the folder does sync back to the server Any changes made to an existing file are also replicated back to the server once the share is back online So the issue is only with newly created files when the share is offline I have not been able to replicate this error on any other file server in our environment However I have recreated the issue with multiple shares with multiple Win clients on this file server Steps taken so far Checked and reset permission levels on the share Recreated new shares from scratch for testing Disabled and enabled offline files on the client computer and cleared the offline cache Check various registry entry settings Disabled cashing on the File server Tested with XP the issue does not exist with XP I have spent hours researching this error online to no avail The clients are running Windows Enterprise bit The File server is Server Standard bit with SP Any help or ideas would be most welcome

A:Offline Folder sync issue, Win 7 Client Server 2003 Flie Server.

I've seen the complaints about this problem but with no clear resolution. There are some hot fixes listed that may help, updating to Windows 7 SP1 is supposed to help in some cases but nothing seems for certain.

No way for me to recreate this problem but apparently others have the same problem.

Offline created files disappear after re-connect

Browse by Tags - The troubleshooters and problem solvers... - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Administratively assigned offline files on Win7 client disappear from server (Network Steve Forum)

The Group Policy settings in the next link may have an effect on this problem.

http://mcpmag.com/articles/2003/11/0...ine-files.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/278175-offline-folder-sync-issue-win-7-client-server-2003-flie-server.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi,

I have a set of 5 machines - 2 desktops (one being a thin client and the other to function as a 'server' ) and 3 notebooks. I was wondering what was the difference b/w the 2 versions Windows Server 2003 and Windows Small Business Server 2003. Is it true one cannot use a thin client but need a regular cpu setup to use Small Business Server 2003 ?

There is a difference in costs and since i have windows 2000 on the desktops and xp on the notebooks wondered if i needed to shell out so much more $$ for the Windows Server 2003 . I plan to put in a wireless networking system to link all the 5 machines.

Thanks in advance for any and all advise.

S

A:Solved: Difference b/w Windows Server 2003 and Small Business Server 2003

ok i got the answer to this from another source.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-difference-b-w-windows-server-2003-and-small-business-server-2003.286015/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi,

I have a set of 5 machines - 2 desktops (one being a thin client and the other to function as a 'server' ) and 3 notebooks. I was wondering what was the difference b/w the 2 versions Windows Server 2003 and Windows Small Business Server 2003. Is it true one cannot use a thin client but need a regular cpu setup to use Small Business Server 2003 ?

There is a difference in costs and since i have windows 2000 on the desktops and xp on the notebooks wondered if i needed to shell out so much more $$ for the Windows Server 2003 . I plan to put in a wireless networking system to link all the 5 machines.

Thanks in advance for any and all advise.

S

A:Solved: Difference b/w Windows Server 2003 and Small Business Server 2003

Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server has the following restrictions:
- Only one computer in a domain can be running Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server.
- Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server must be the root of the Active Directory® forest.
- Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server cannot trust any other domains.
- A Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server domain cannot have any child domains.
- Each additional server must have a Windows Small Business Server 2003 client access license (CAL). You can use CALs for each user or for each device.
The standard edition of Windows Small Business Server 2003 includes Windows Server 2003 technologies, including fax service, firewall service, and remote-access service. Additionally, it includes Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, enhanced tools for server monitoring and administration, and an out-of-the-box solution for internal Web sites. The standard edition is ideal for customers who do not require the higher-level functionality included in the premium edition

The premium edition includes everything in the standard edition, plus Microsoft SQL Server 2000, Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2000, and Microsoft FrontPage® 2003. The premium edition is ideal for small businesses with more demanding IT needs, such as data-intensive line-of-business applications, or advanced firewall and Web-caching capabilities

The standard edition has most of the stuffs inside.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-difference-b-w-windows-server-2003-and-small-business-server-2003.287187/
Relevancy 67.08%

Greetings all I have 2003 bit, 64 Win7 and me, Server an issue with connecting to my local server quot RJSLAN quot When I double click on the icon in network in my computer it gives me an error that windows cannot connect RJSLAN or something close It could say can t find But my family Win XP MCE SP computer allows me to double click it in my computer and it prompts me for my user me, Win7 64 bit, and Server 2003 name and password and lets me connect and share the server space and printer My Win machine can also connect to the family XP machine and share its printer I used to be able to connect to my server using my win box but can no longer I think a service is off but I can t tell I reset my services and no luck I m not even being allowed to be denied my password It blocks me before that Anybody have any ideas why I can t connect to my server I can use remote desktop and that works just fine but I can t figure out why I can t get to the printer or share my files with it

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/299583/me-win7-64-bit-and-server-2003/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi all,
I have a win 2003 server with multiple users using windows 7 Ent 32b, the Desktop & My Documents are redirected to the server.

My problem is when the computer wakes up from sleep mode, all the files are gone and I need to hit "F5" until they come back.

Is this a compatibility problem or just a configuration ?
Thanks...

A:win7 sleep and server 2003

Quote: Originally Posted by koolkat77

do you mean you want to stop your computer from going to sleep mode?

No, I want the computers to stop loosing the server

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/226279-win7-sleep-server-2003-a.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I'm running a Windows Security? Server Windows and Shares 2012 Server Standard server at home offering up several standard smb shares to a few client PCs around the home Despite having changed nothing on the server I Windows Server 2012 Shares and Security? was a little while ago shocked to be told I did not have access to my music share I logged on to the server to see that the only account that was granted access to the folders contained within the share was a single account from another machine listed as a long meaningless string I proceeded to restore the correct security settings to each folder and re-establish the share What perplexes me though is that it has now happened again on a second share- unfortunately one that contains a much larger amount of data and subfolders Can anyone offer an explanation as to how or why Windows is messing up my security settings and perhaps offer a quick solution to resetting the security settings on a mass of subfolders I have attempted to change the parent's settings and have it be set to all child objects however I get an quot access denied quot error when attempting this- leading me to believe the only way around it is to set each folder individually Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Windows Server 2012 Shares and Security?

Is this Server / Network set up as a domain.

I can't say how it happened without taking a closer look at your network, sorry but.

You may need to take ownership of the folder and files first, then change the permissions.

Do you see any errors in the event log, Red X's?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-server-2012-shares-and-security-692210.html
Relevancy 65.79%

hello all!
I did a partition on my hard drive and i want to install on it windows server 2003 x64.
I have installed windows 7 ultimate x32 as my basic os.
What I need to do? I just change the boot from the hd to my dvd and then install the windows or i need something else?
there is also any software like boot manager or something else i need to have?
please write back as soon as possibe
Thnx!

A:dual boot win7 and win server 2003

please guys, i need to know...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dual-boot-win7-and-win-server-2003-a-573279.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I have a quot GB drive which I can place in my external eSATA dock and Win finds it and adds it I need to run FAT on it so create for example a gb partition and format it FAT within Win I've also tried rd party apps that make the partition GB and format it FAT it makes no issue Win7 Weird odds Weird Win7 issue which method The problem is I copy files to it etc and it doesn't complain Remove disk re insert it later on and everything on Weird Win7 issue it will have vanished like I never did it it does seem I can create a folder and it will stay there the files I've tried copying are not large at most mb If I repeat the same but with NTFS it's fine and files stay so what's going on If I mount the disk on the iPad which is what I intended to use it for it recognises it and I can copy files from the system to the HDD and they show up in Win just not when I do it in Win What's going on

Relevancy 65.36%

Hey Everybody

We are using Outlook 2003 with Exchange Server 2003. I have several users that when they click on their tasks or notes only the left had side of the navigation pane changes, the right side does not. So, if you are in your mail, and click on tasks button, the right hand side still has your email in and the left side has the tasks view. Same thing happens to notes.
We recently migrated exchange from one physical server to another one. Not sure when this happened or if the migration had anything to do with it but I thought I would give that information.

Any thoughts?

Zif

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-weird-issue.808476/
Relevancy 65.36%

Dear all One of my Win PC's STOPPED showing my NAS and the shares on it in Windows Explorer One of the shares Pictures was mapped as network drive P That also stopped worken It worked flawless for gt year and it stopped As far as I remember I did nothing that could make this happen as far as I remember Last months I tried everything I found showing and shares its Win7 in STOPPED Windows NAS properly Explorer on the internet that possibly could solve this but no success I'll try to picture the Win7 STOPPED showing NAS and its shares properly in Windows Explorer situation as clear as I can I have Win PC's a Desktop - having the problem - with WIN Home Premium EN and a Laptop WIN Home Premium NL Dutch not having the problem and showing the NAS and its share fine Both are wired to Win7 STOPPED showing NAS and its shares properly in Windows Explorer the same switch My wife is using an XP-machine - still Win7 STOPPED showing NAS and its shares properly in Windows Explorer but I'm changing it to Lubuntu now - also showing the NAS and its shares properly in the windows explorer Screenshot from the Laptop showing the NAS properly WIN -NL Nas-shown png Screenshot from the problem machine the Desktop NOT showing the NAS and its shares properly WIN -EN NAS not shown png When trying to access other devices like the Laptop from Windows Explorer I get this error message the same as when I try to map a network drive to a NAS-share WIN -EN no-access-to-share png In contradiction to this my file backup tool on this desktop Cobian Backup easily accesses the NAS and creates backup-folders on it and indeed backs up the selected files from Cobian Backup log file - - - - A new backup has started Number of tasks in queue - - Preventing the system from entering sleep mode - - Backing up the task quot Data quot - - Counting the files for the task quot Data quot - - Creating the destination directory quot NAS Backups Hans Files D - - - Incremental quot - - The destination directory quot NAS Backups Hans Files D - - - Incremental quot has been successfully created - - Backing up the directory quot D quot So fighting with the problem for some time now I think it started somewhere January February I kindly ask you for any helping tip you can think of Please keep in mind my network is working fine given the other proper functioning machines internet works backups from the quot problem desktop quot are running fine as well An additional and most possibly related malfunction at the same time the desktop also stopped exposing itself to the homegroup on the WIN -NL laptop The shares from the laptop are shown in the homegroup on the desktop and are readable writeable I checked the advanced setting for homegroup- sharing on both machines identical Functionally I cannot work with the NAS-shares on the desktop anaymore Can anybody help me out What - if anything - did I do wrong Best regards Hans Troost

A:Win7 STOPPED showing NAS and its shares properly in Windows Explorer

Have you tried leaving then rejoining the Homegroup from the problem machine?

Have you tried changing the Workgroup name, rebooting then changing the Workgroup name back to what ever it was?

Have you run a system file integrity scan using the sfc /scannow command?

Having a system image handy from before the problem occurred would be an easy fix at this point.....

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/329053-win7-stopped-showing-nas-its-shares-properly-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 64.93%

hello, i upgraded to win10pro from win7ultimate. After completion, i noticed that office2013 and foxitpdf applications did not launch after clicking on their shortcut or their exe in the respective folders. Neither did associated files open, ie clicking on an excel workbook file, failed to launch the application. Other applications, like an image viewer for example kept working fine.

i reinstalled office and foxitpdf, but same situation. i tried to run the applications as administrator and they launch fine. However, an excel workbook or a word document for example will not open directly, but i need to open them from within the application, which i have to run as admin.

my local account is member of the administrators group, with full rights.

any help/advise appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/390282-win7-win10-weird-issue.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi All Windows Expert,

I have a Windows Server 2003, Win7Pro desktop A (User: John) and Win7Pro desktop B (User: Mary). 2003 sharing to Everyone has no problem. But I am stuck in this situation. I want John can Read & Write all files in 2003 folder (C:/testing) , Mary can only Read it.
They are in the same workgroup, Win Svr 2003 already added John & Mary user account, they have same password. In the folder(C:/testing) sharing setting & security setting, I have set John to Full Control, removed Everyone on both settings. But I still get this message when I click on the folder in desktop A (John) - Windows cannot access , You do not have permission to access.
Did I miss something? If I can't solve this, I can't move on Mary side.

I would be grateful if someone can provide any suggestion,
Thanks,

A:How to share folder (Win Server 2003) to specific people (Win7)?

You have Server 2003, but do you have a Domain ?? Let's start there since that's the easiest way to get the granularity you want.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/335274-how-share-folder-win-server-2003-specific-people-win7.html
Relevancy 64.07%

We have found recently that our Windows 8.1 clients are unable to connect to Server 2012 R2 shares (SMB 3.02). When trying to browse to them in Explorer we get "Windows can't find <UNC path>". Windows 7 clients can still connect to these
shares, only our 8.1 clients are affected. Attempting to access using the IP address instead of the host name makes no difference.
The 8.1 clients can still connect to shares on 2008 R2 servers. Server 2012 R2 to Server 2012 R2 also works.
No changes have been made to the clients or to the group policies which control them that could readily explain this issue.
Any advice on where to start troubleshooting this would be appreciated.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dec29e76-991b-4d0b-a011-208f52edd02f/windows-81-clients-cant-connect-to-smb-302-shares-windows-server-2012-r2?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi I have computers networked are Win and are XP Pro SP The printer is connected to an XP machine and can be seen by all computers They are all in the same workgroup The XP computers can share the printer normally and as long as the machine with the printer is on I can print without problems The Win machines cannot Win7 sharing printer Weird issue - and XP I have tried all tricks Weird printer sharing issue - XP and Win7 I found here I added the printer to Win Weird printer sharing issue - XP and Win7 as a local printer and Weird printer sharing issue - XP and Win7 added a local port that points to the XP machine XPComputer Printer That didn't work either and it seems to be the way people get it to work between XP and Win I tried adding a network printer and although it sees the printer in the printer list it hangs adding the printer or after adding the printer I get error x d or x I looked these up but couldn't find anything that helped me solve the problem There seems to be some sort of authentication issue between the XP machine and the Win ones One tidbit of information the XP machines are both using NetBEUI Not sure if that is causing the issue or not Haven't tried to disable it Has anybody fixed anything similar Any help is appreciated Thanks FayeC

A:Weird printer sharing issue - XP and Win7

Maybe this tutorial will show you the steps needed for it to work correctly.
Share Files and Printers between Windows 7 and XP :: the How-To Geek

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/48363-weird-printer-sharing-issue-xp-win7.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a server running Windows 2003. Installing the new service pack crashed the c: drive!! I did a repair install, reinstalled missing programs, and all seemed fine. Now I can't remote in to the server, have no remote tab to enable, and get a missing .dll error attempting to check properties through My Computer. Looking at the event viewer, I have a bunch of stuff related to missing/corrupt .dll files. I know there's a quick fix in XP by installing from the INF folder. Is there any quick solution to getting the .dlls back in without doing another OS install? There's too many to track down individually. Thanks!!

A:Server 2003, missing dll's...easy fix?

1) Find your CD, and search it for the files
2) Go on the internet and search it through google or look on http://www.dll-files.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-2003-missing-dlls-easy-fix.374455/
Relevancy 63.64%

I've run into a bit of a weird issue with my Microsoft Word. Whenever I highlight/select text, and press any button (space, "x", backspace, delete, etc.), instead eliminating all that text and performing the action that I pressed, the text just stays in place as if I never highlighted in and the action is carried out at the beginning of the selection. I've never seen anything like this before, and I'm really not sure how to search in the help function for it, so does anyone have any idea how I might fix this? Let me know if you need more information or anything and I'll be happy to share. It's just a very irritating, very bizarre issue. Thanks!

- Carder

A:Microsoft Office Word 2003... Weird Issue

I don't have Word on this comp to test, but hit the insert button, and then try again, see if that changes anything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-office-word-2003-weird-issue.102243/
Relevancy 63.64%

How to disable screen saver on cline win7 pc use by windows server 2003 to manage it to each​ cline win7 PC

A:2003 server manage win7 cline to disable screen saver

Run gpedit.msc and see if there is an option in there. I'm not sure otherwise.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/290268-2003-server-manage-win7-cline-disable-screen-saver.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi

I have 3 main desktop machines running on my home network - Vista Ultimate, Vista Home Premium and XP Media Center Edition.

I also have 4 identical Freecom NAS boxes also attached on the network.

All 3 desktop machines can see the NAS boxes within the network and can map drives to them all apart from the Home Premium machine. It can see all 4 boxes, but can only map drives to 3 of them, giving the error message that the path is invalid on the 4th.....

I've been scratching my head for several days now but can't seem to get to the bottom of why that would be. It's not even getting to the username/password for the 4th NAS box.

Any ideas/suggestions greatly received - I'm sure it's something simple.......

Thanks in advance

A:Vista and Windows SMB Shares issue

Does the NAS with the problem run open, or does it have accounts to login to access it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-and-windows-smb-shares-issue.889886/
Relevancy 63.21%

Im not sure if I started this thread in the correct location so if it needs to be moved please do so.

My server at the house has Windows 2003 server, I have IIS installed and have one of my web pages hosted behind my Linksys wireless router/firewall. My server has a fixed IP address and the router has the IP address open with port 80. I do not have a static IP address. However, Dynsite and Zone Edit take care of that and the web site works fine. Now the issue, I have a total of four web sites to host, IIS gives me an IP address error when I try to start one of the other web sites. It has to be something silly im missing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-2003-iis-issue.235695/
Relevancy 63.21%

I just have a quick question, I have setup a VPN using RRAS and L2TP shared secret, etc. From the client computer it connects no problem, and I can access shared resources on the LAN like it's supposed to work. The only problem is when I connect to the VPN, my browser doesn't work, can't get external internet to work and copying files from outlook 2007 to a shared resource seems to lock outlook up.

I'm not sure if this has something to do with sending all traffic over vpn or not. Is there any steps I can take to quickly resolve this issue? This seems to be the only thing affecting the users at the office.

Thanks,

A:Server 2003 VPN Issue

Is the VPN setup as a separate subnet example: if host 192.168.1.100 client 192.168.0.100.

Also depending on ISP and other possible settings you may need to use other DNS servers .

If so on the client try OpenDNS https://www.opendns.com/homenetwork/start/

Do this on the Client not on Server. Reboot let us know!

Mike

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/server-2003-vpn-issue.115425/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a SNAP SERVER 110 160G RAID0 running GuardianOS 4.4.049 SP3. It is setup with 6 share folders. One accepts all users anonymous ftp and the others are folders only accessible by local snap admins and specific local snap users. When someone writes a file to the ftp share it gets also written to all of the shares. The server is standalone not in a windows domain or NIS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-copying-file-to-snap-server-110-writes-to-all-shares-on-the-server.770850/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi all and thanks in advance for any help I am running a server on my network that contracted a nasty virus My server runs NAV normally and I also put Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware on to see if I could Issue Server 2003 Virus fix this issue They both seem to find items that NAV overlooks but none of Server 2003 Virus Issue them are able to remove it completely I have also downloaded Highjackthis and created a log Server 2003 Virus Issue since the dds program wouldn t run on server This is a current log after scanning with malwarebytes and not doing a reboot I am unable to reboot until later in the day when my plant shuts down Some of the symptoms of the virus Server 2003 Virus Issue are being redirected in firefox and IE also popup windows odd error messages Yesterday before I wasn t able to open any programs to try and fix the issue NAV Malwarebytes SAS Control Panel or any other item I tried to run would automatically be shut down Last night I rebooted the server in safe mode and was able to run the malwarebytes and SAS and get things running fairly normal but I know it is not completely gone Posted below is my highjackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Smc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS System iscsiexe exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system serverappliance appmgr exeC Program Files Areca Technology Corp Http Proxy Server Service ArcHttpSrv exeC Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager ASA win dbsrv exeC PROGRA QQESTS TIMEFO CLOCKL ClockLinkService exeC WINDOWS system serverappliance elementmgr exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn msftesql exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exeC Program Files Pervasive Software PSQL bin w sqlmgr exeC Program Files Pervasive Software PSQL bin ntbtrv exeC Program Files Pervasive Software PSQL bin NTDBSMGR EXEc Inetpub wwwroot qqest Utilities TimeForceServices exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn SQLAGENT EXEC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC WINDOWS system serverappliance srvcsurg exeC Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Rtvscan exec Inetpub wwwroot qqest Utilities TimeForcePunches exec Inetpub wwwroot qqest Utilities TFProcessingQueue exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager tomcat bin SemSvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection SmcGui exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exec windows system inetsrv w wp exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exec windows system inetsrv w wp exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL res shdoclc dll softAdmin htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page res shdoclc dll softAdmin htmR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Mic... Read more

A:Server 2003 Virus Issue

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. You can subscribe by clicking the Options box to the right of your topic title and selecting Track This Topic.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/361235/server-2003-virus-issue/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have just installed a new server 2003 machine, it is working with a linksys wrt54g router that provides internet access, during the setup i disabled the dhcp on the router as requested.

I could access the external internet with no problem on the server, then i ran the internet and exchange setup and gave it all the required setting now all i can access on any of my machines connected to the network is the internal sites, when i try and access any external sites it defaults back to the internal site.

What have I done wrong?

Thanks

Relevancy 62.78%

Hi all not sure if this is the right place for this threadf but I couldnt find a server area anywhere I have a server system displaying the following error - quot lsass exe-System Error Security Accounts Manager initialization failed because of in Server issue 2003 lsass.exe the following error Directory Service cannot start Error Status xc e Please click OK to shutdown this system and reboot into Directory Services Restore Mode check the event log for more detailed information quot Microsofts answer is - ie call and well charge you To resolve this problem immediately contact Microsoft Product Support Services to obtain the hotfix For a complete list of Microsoft Product Support Services phone numbers and information about support costs visit the following Microsoft Web site support microsoft com default aspx scid fh LN CNTACTMS I can log in under Directory Services Restore Mode like safe mode and run sasser checks etc but no virus indicated I can format if need be but as this is configured with lsass.exe issue in Server 2003 Active Dircetory and a stack of roaming profiles I d rather not Hope someone can suggest further things for me to try Thanks Fospherous edited typos nbsp

A:lsass.exe issue in Server 2003

Hi there.
I have the same problem but mine is on a server 2003. No Domain installed and when I unplug from the internet or network, it stops restarting and all is fine.
I have checked all with trend and norton,anti virus and I have searched for all known infections, and nothing.
I have taken all items out of the computer and changed NIC and memory.

This has occurred even when I re-installed

Please help. Its driving me nuts.
Rgds Mike

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lsass-exe-issue-in-server-2003.395400/
Relevancy 62.78%

We have just installed a new network server running Windows Server 2003 Small Business. We have encountered a strange issue. The system is RAID and we have set-up the storage drives so that part our data goes to two differant sections of the array(i.e. storage 1 and storage 2) inside divisions we have mapped folders to our workstations. When we try to save to folders in the storage 2 section we get a disk full error, but when we save to the storage 1 section there are no problems. We checked all the permissions and share properties. Also there are no errors using other programs, Photoshop CS or other image editing applications.

Any ideas. The problem seems confined to Photoshop 7.

Relevancy 62.78%

A friend of mine is having an issue with his home network. I told him I would post the problem here to see if anyone might know the answer.
HOW, can my 2003 wins server think there is another server on the network IF that other machine is a Windows XP Pro machine WITHOUT the server service running?????

it keeps forcing an election and WINS is hosed on my network.... because the XP pro machine IS NOT a BDC, a Wins server (or a server period) or a DNS server....

A:WINS issue with XP and 2003 server

Is the XP Pro PC set to be a member of the DOMAIN along with an AD account for the computer? If it's not whenever the WINS server looses connection it will force the XP to become the master browser. You don't really need WINS on a Win2X server AD and DNS handles all name resolution and if it is set up correctly it works very well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wins-issue-with-xp-and-2003-server.203484/
Relevancy 62.35%

Ok, another Network problem I'm having is that the 9 shares that I have on my Win7 machine are shared among a small network with a couple of Vista machines, 1 Win7 machine and a couple of XP machines and even one Mac. Every once in a while when users on the XP machines try to use the shares, they are prompted with a username and password, and no matter what is entered they are not allowed access, even a good account and password on the Win7 machine. They are told that the shares cannot be found, however they can still ping the Win7 machine, and they previously used the shares for days without problems. A reboot of the XP machine has no effect, however rebooting my Win7 (then manually readding the shares) clears it up. Again, WHY!

This I could see as being a bug, but it's still a pretty big one. Any help would be appreciated!

SH

A:Win7 shares inaccessible by XP until reboot of Win7

Quote: Originally Posted by spyhunter

Ok, another Network problem I'm having is that the 9 shares that I have on my Win7 machine are shared among a small network with a couple of Vista machines, 1 Win7 machine and a couple of XP machines and even one Mac. Every once in a while when users on the XP machines try to use the shares, they are prompted with a username and password, and no matter what is entered they are not allowed access, even a good account and password on the Win7 machine. They are told that the shares cannot be found, however they can still ping the Win7 machine, and they previously used the shares for days without problems. A reboot of the XP machine has no effect, however rebooting my Win7 (then manually readding the shares) clears it up. Again, WHY!

This I could see as being a bug, but it's still a pretty big one. Any help would be appreciated!

SH

No responses or resolution to this? I'm having this very same problem - for many months now! Have been searching many forums. No luck!

Any ideas?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/15985-win7-shares-inaccessible-xp-until-reboot-win7.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello I created the following performance counter using logman exe nbsp logman exe counters incorrectly Server Windows correctly creates performance on 2003 but Server Windows Logman 2008/2012 on create counter US Triton Perf Log -b -e -r -s server -si frequence -cf folder server txt -f logtype nbsp -o C local logs Perfout Server --a -v mmddhhmm nbsp -rf nbsp max Logman creates performance counters on Windows Server 2008/2012 correctly but incorrectly on Windows Server 2003 duration When I do this across multiple servers specifically for Windows Servers the counter is created to repeat and run everyday at PM and stops running everyday at PM This works perfectly fine as intended However When I do this for a Windows server my created counter is very different For example in this case I have set to the counters to start at AM and end at PM because I have set a maximum duration of hours the job terminates and begins on the next day since Logman creates performance counters on Windows Server 2008/2012 correctly but incorrectly on Windows Server 2003 I have the repeat option on However this does not apply to our server logman creates the job to run once a week in this case it would be on a Wednesday In addiiton I noticed that the job doesn't not even start at it's indented time It actually does not start at all I also notice that the jobs on all windows servers are created in a pending status which then prevents me from removing Logman creates performance counters on Windows Server 2008/2012 correctly but incorrectly on Windows Server 2003 the counter remotely nbsp I would like to know if windows is capable of working like my win servers using logman and if historically the job has to be kicked off through scheduled task nbsp Both Jobs are using the same criteria but are created differently The top photo was created on a windows server and the bottom photo was created on windows server Am I missing something here FYI I have a script to automate across servers so when I deployed this it turned out about servers were actually running as intended and a whole bunch of them were in pending status and all stopped nbsp I appreciate any response on this issue

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c8377c80-cabf-41ca-bd0b-8132c4e19269/logman-creates-performance-counters-on-windows-server-20082012-correctly-but-incorrectly-on-windows?forum=perfmon
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi,

We have a server 2003 office domain. It connects to the internet via a sonicwall router then out to Charter on a static IP. The gateway is a static IP. When our server with Ad that controls all users is up, we have internet, and when it is down we don't. But, the gateway is set in all workstations, so we are trying to figure out why a workstation can't get out to the internet even when our server is down?

Thanks!

Relevancy 61.49%

I received a new desktop PC for Christmas. I am using Outlook 2003 as my e-mail client. I have installed the entire 2003 Office suite and have set up outlook to receive e-mail. I have a large volume of mail on the Yahoomail POP3 server and when I start the download to my new computer about half of the e-mail is sent then I get an error message saying the POP3 server suffered an interruption. When I start the download again it starts back at message 1 from the server. The setting on outlook are correct because the download starts just fine. Any thoughts on what the problem from the server to my computer might be? My wife uses the same program and setup on her laptop running Windows XP Pro and does not have any issues downloading from Yahoo. Thanks for any help you might give.

Relevancy 61.49%

This is confusing I've set up numerous computers on our domain before so I'm pretty well acquainted with the procedure So we upgraded a computer in our domain from XP to so and with Server Domain Win8 controller issue 2003... my manager could see if our software would work in That much I got done just fine put simply it does The problem I'm having is that when I try to attach the computer to the domain two things go wrong first of all the network drives don't map Not a big deal I heard this was an issue with Windows and logon scripts I'd like to try to implement a Group Policy-based drive mapping system but Windows Server seems to be missing that capability though supposedly that can be added back The other more troubling issue is that when I restart the PC it seems to Domain controller issue with Win8 and Server 2003... lose any connection it had to the Active Directory Domain controller issue with Win8 and Server 2003... Domain Controller The first Domain controller issue with Win8 and Server 2003... time you hook it onto the domain it's just fine you can freely go in and out of the servers without providing new credentials but if you restart it loses that After a restart I can't log in except with credentials the PC already knows and trying to access the file shares on the servers prompts me for a password entry I can rehook it into the domain by redoing the whole process from the start but then restarting it after that will just blank out the AD DC credentials again Mapping the drives would be impossible if I can't maintain a connection to the Active Directory I pinged back the Windows PC from the server side which I logged into using Remote Desktop from the Windows machine so there's clearly communication happening Is Windows being rejected by the Active Directory for some reason I looked on the AD list of PCs and when I select the Windows computer it doesn't bring up an operating system version so it sounds like something is missing Anyway some clarity here might be nice EDIT Let me add an addendum when we attach the computer to the domain it gives us this error --------------------------- Computer Name Domain Changes --------------------------- Changing the Primary Domain DNS name of this computer to quot quot failed The name will remain quot Our Domain quot The error was Something about not finding the domain controller --------------------------- OK --------------------------- I kind of ignored this at first but I suppose it's worth reporting

A:Domain controller issue with Win8 and Server 2003...

I can't say for certain why it's forgetting the credentials and requires you to sign in each time, although that may be controlled by the Admin through the GPE.

As for the DNS problem, your problem may be different but I've seen similar complaints and apparently it helps to manually add the Domain's DNS servers to the IPv4 properties of the network adaptor you are trying to connect with.

Other connection problems with Server 03 can be solved by clicking on the link. This may help with the drive mapping problem.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-s...2k-server.html

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/18227-domain-controller-issue-win8-server-2003-a.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I have 2003 server on a dual nic PC.
there are 2 broadband connections coming into me.
nic 1 (on board broadcom adapter) has Virgin Media broadband coming in via a netgear gigabit wireless router (DSL).
nic 2 is a netgear GA311 REV A1 pci card connected to a bt hub.

dns is running on both routers.

I want my work pc's (home office) running on the virgin side of the network (which they are) and to see the server (which they can).

I want my family pc's to work on the BT side of the network (which they are) but I also want them to see the server.

The problem is, they cannot see the server even though it is connected by the second nic to this network.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

A:dual nic 2003 server network config issue

I need more information. What are your private addresses on both sides? Particularly the BT and Virgin Media side. I assume BT means British Telecom.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-nic-2003-server-network-config-issue.698547/
Relevancy 61.06%

Here s the situation Every week I ghost copies of our servers Two Windows servers and two Windows servers Each server has one Western Digital GB ide hard drive in a hard drive rack and there is one open rack for inserting the backup hard drives I use ghost on floppies each is configured to run the ghost backup automatically When I am ready to ghost I insert the backup drive insert the floppy disk and start the server Ghost loads backups the drive and says ghosting is complete I and Server problem Windows Ghost Norton 2003 (long) 2003 take the main drive out and replace it with the ghosted copy The ghost copies for and boot up fine no Windows 2003 Server and Norton Ghost 2003 problem (long) problems FINALLY TO THE PROBLEM When I remove the Ghost copies and reinsert the main drives the Windows 2003 Server and Norton Ghost 2003 problem (long) servers will not boot but the servers do This doesn t happen every week and sometimes one server will work and the other won t When they don t work the servers post but for some reason don t see the hard drive this is not the ghost copy On one of the servers I have figured out the problem When the server won t read the hard drive I would pull out the drive and reinsert it fixing the problem Recenctly the other server wouldn t boot the main drive after it was ghosted I thought maybe the hard drive bay was bad so I switched the hard drive out with a spare bay Reinserted it in the rack and the server still couldn t find the hard drive during boot If I stick the ghost copy back in it boots up without a hitch Is it possible for ghost to destroy a hard drive like that nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2003-server-and-norton-ghost-2003-problem-long.289436/
Relevancy 60.63%

i am having microsoft windows server for small business server Service Pack iwant to run an application build up with ASP NET amp SQL DATABASE for generating reports we are using crystal reports while running the application i am gettig an error message as File or assembly name CrystalDecisions Web or one of 2003 microsoft small Pack business windows for Service 1 server server its dependencies was not found i tried to copy all the dll files in to the bin folder still the problem is not solved Source Error Line debugging ASP NET files Line -- gt Line lt compilation defaultLanguage quot c quot debug quot true quot gt lt assemblies gt lt add assembly quot CrystalDecisions CrystalReports Engine Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken fbea e quot gt lt add assembly quot CrystalDecisions ReportSource Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken fbea e quot gt lt add assembly quot CrystalDecisions Shared Version Culture neutral microsoft windows server 2003 for small business server Service Pack 1 PublicKeyToken fbea e quot gt lt add assembly quot CrystalDecisions Web Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken fbea e quot gt microsoft windows server 2003 for small business server Service Pack 1 lt assemblies gt lt compilation gt Line Line lt -- CUSTOM ERROR MESSAGES Source File C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS web config Line Assembly Load Trace The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly CrystalDecisions Web could not be loaded Pre-bind state information LOG DisplayName CrystalDecisions Web Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken fbea e Fully-specified LOG Appbase file C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS LOG Initial PrivatePath bin Calling assembly Unknown LOG Publisher policy file is not found LOG No redirect found in host configuration file C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v aspnet config LOG Using machine configuration file from C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v config machine config LOG Post-policy reference CrystalDecisions Web Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken fbea e LOG Attempting download of new URL file C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Temporary ASP NET Files root ed b fca CrystalDecisions Web DLL LOG Attempting download of new URL file C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Temporary ASP NET Files root ed b fca CrystalDecisions Web CrystalDecisions Web DLL LOG Attempting download of new URL file C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS bin CrystalDecisions Web DLL LOG Attempting download of new URL file C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS bin CrystalDecisions Web CrystalDecisions Web DLL LOG Attempting download of new URL file C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Temporary ASP NET Files root ed b fca CrystalDecisions Web EXE LOG Attempting download of new URL file C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Temporary ASP NET Files root ed b fca CrystalDecisions Web CrystalDecisions Web EXE LOG Attempting download of new URL file C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS bin CrystalDecisions Web EXE LOG Attempting download of new URL file C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS bin CrystalDecisions Web CrystalDecisions Web EXE nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-windows-server-2003-for-small-business-server-service-pack-1.498807/
Relevancy 60.63%

Currently we are on an NT network with a few 2000 servers tossed in. Today I learned that the plan is to migrate everything to Linux. Lets assume that this only applies to the servers and that the users will still operate with 98/nt/2000/xp. What are your thoughts on this?

I put this in this forum for a reason. Because I'd rather get the advice from 2000 and 2003 experts who know what Linux cannot replace than to hear the Linux fanboys and anti-Microsoft activists praise it to the high heavens.

What would your concerns be if this was done on your network? What problems have you encountered if you'd tried this? Or what successes? Know of any businesses that have done this successfully?

Relevancy 60.63%

Just bought 2 new Intel S5000VSA server boards, After building both Pcs using the Intel disc that came with board and even the win 2003 setup disc directly I cant seem to install windows server 2003 without receiving a BSOD during setup. All Hardware is compliant with the board. Please Help

A:Cant install Windows Server 2003 on Intel s5000vsa server board

Strip the system down. One memory stick, no USB devices, on-board video and sound, no sound card and try the OS install again. Reset the bios to failsafe defaults

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-install-windows-server-2003-on-intel-s5000vsa-server-board.113843/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a print server running standard sp I have been looking for a way to allow helpdesk staff install 2003 Windows SP2 on Standard server print to install & Server Unable remotely 7 driver and manage printers without logging into the server and Windows 7 & 2003 Server Standard SP2 Unable to remotely install driver on print server without adding them to the admin group So I added them to the power users group and the print operators group that worked fine they were able to UNC servername Windows 7 & 2003 Server Standard SP2 Unable to remotely install driver on print server to the server and install printers drivers as well as uninstall drivers printers ect Now the problem this works great from an XP box but when we try it from a windows machine we get access denied More specifically it acts like it is going to install the printer then when it comes to the driver installation part it fails Printer driver was not installed Access is denied No changes have been made to the permissions I can log into an XP machine with my profile and it works fine log out go to a Windows machine use the same credentials and I get the above message access is denied I am an admin of both machines on the windows machine I have UAC turned off completely Running XP Pro SP amp Windows pro both are bit machines I should also add that I have made the necessary group policy changes to allow printer operators to Load Unload device drivers and under the local policies security options I ensured that the Prevent users from installing printer drivers was Disabled Any help would be much appreciated Thanks

A:Windows 7 & 2003 Server Standard SP2 Unable to remotely install driver on print server

How do you enter the credentials on the Windows 7 machine? I've noticed that you have to use "domain\username" rather than just the username in some cases.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403507/windows-7-2003-server-standard-sp2-unable-to-remotely-install-driver-on-print-server/
Relevancy 60.2%

Setup Is Comcast(DNS/ISP/Phone)->D... Computer Connected --> Server(AD/DNS/DHCP/RRAS)F... Server --> Switch --> WIndows Xp And Sever 2003 As Work Station. Problem Is Trying To Install VNC On All Computers Behind The Primary Server 2003. Need To Forward Ports Through Server 2003 to Dlink For Query to Internet: Thanks In Advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003-port-fowarding-vnc-cleint-behind-server.716194/
Relevancy 60.2%

hi guys!
I just installed Windows 2000 Advance Server recently to a Compaq Proliant ML530 server and found out that the license for this server is more expensive than Windows Server 2003 Standard. The SmartStart CD of the compaq does not support windows server 2003 and I don't want to manually re-configure everything and start all over again. Does Win2K A.S. support Windows Server 2003 upgrade?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-upgrade-win2k-advance-server-to-windows-server-2003-std.390752/
Relevancy 60.2%

Setup Is Comcast(DNS/ISP/Phone)->D... Computer Connected --> Server(AD/DNS/DHCP/RRAS)F... Server --> Switch --> WIndows Xp And Sever 2003 As Work Station. Problem Is Trying To Install VNC On All Computers Behind The Primary Server 2003. Need To Forward Ports Through Server 2003 to Dlink For Query to Internet: Thanks In Advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003-port-fowarding-vnc-cleint-behind-server.716193/
Relevancy 59.77%

Ok so i need to set up windows 2003 server edition as a vpn server so someone can connect to it from home or from his work! Does anyone have any advice i have been trying but nothing seems to allow me to get connected!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-setting-up-a-vpn-server-on-windows-2003-server-edition.130776/
Relevancy 59.77%

We had:

1) 1 Windows Server 2003 running Active Directory services to manage logon and permissions for file sharing.
2) 15 workstations.

We now want to have:

1) 1 Windows Server 2008 R2 server running Active Directory services to manage logon and permissions for file sharing.
2) 15 same workstations, with their same user profiles.

So I joined the 2008 R2 server to the domain, and then used the dcpromo tool to make it a domain controller.

Problem is, whenever I take the old server offline, (the 2003 one) everything flips out, logons are slow, and the 2008 server gives people trying to access shared files weird errors like that the server that authenticated them cannot be contacted, and asks them to log in again with their username and password before accessing shared files on the server.

What did I do wrong? I must be forgetting something.

A:Replacing a Windows 2003 AD DS server with a 2008 R2 AD DS server

1. Transfer all FSMO roles to your 2008 R2 server
2. Uninstall AD on 2003 server
3. You can now permanently take 2003 server offline

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacing-a-windows-2003-ad-ds-server-with-a-2008-r2-ad-ds-server.189290/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi,

I am not able to connect to OPC server for non admin user in windows server 2003.

I get Runtime error '-536608665(e0040067)':
Failed to connect OPC server.
The system returned the following error message:
Access is denied

But i can connect non admin user to opc server in Windows xp

Is it possible for non admin user to connect OPC server in windows server 2003?

OPC server and client are on same system

Please give me your feedback

Thanks!
Santosh

A:Non Admin not able to connect OPC server in Windows Server 2003

From what I've read on this thread, you'll need to set computer-wide DCOM security permissions. You'll want to peruse that thread.

On another note, this isn't really the best spot for this question. An error message isn't a crash, hang or bsod, and the situation is more relevant to specifically the Windows Server section (even though OPC servers can and often do exist in many client versions of Windows). You'll be able to receive more help there, as it's pertinent to your needs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/non-admin-not-able-to-connect-opc-server-in-windows-server-2003-a-560614.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I am running Windows Server 2003 with Terminal Services enabled and was wondering if there are any compatibility problems with installing Word 2003. Microsofts website says Windows 2000 with SP3, Windows XP, or later as OS requirements but that is very general.

Thanks in advance, Dave

Relevancy 58.91%

I thought it was just printers but its all shares on the XP computer. The XP computer appears in the network map and when I click on it, all shares also appear but all are inaccessible. The accessing the printer returns 0x00000003.
RON

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nothing-shares-between-win7-and-xp.884784/
Relevancy 58.48%

We have a Windows 7 Pro laptop that can't see any of the 300 or so Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 Machines.

It can, however, see all (around 13) Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7 Machines that are on the network. Using \\ServerName\Share doesn't connect, and they don't show up on the network map.

It can ping the servers though. They ping by hostname and by ip address. Other Windows 7 Pro Laptops don't have this same problem!

Additional Info:
They are all joined to the domain; servers, laptaps, etc.

A:Windows 7 Computer can't see Server 2003 Server

My problem is when i join in 2003 domain server i get the msag

"An attempat to resolve the DNS name of a domain controller in the domain being joined has failed.
Please verf=ify this client is configured to reach a DNS server that can resolve DNS names name in
the target domain. for information about network troubleshooting, see windows help "

tell me what i have to do! 10Q

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/146074-windows-7-computer-cant-see-server-2003-server.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi, Can any1 help me i have did upgrade Windows 2000 Ent. Server (SP4) to Windows 2003 Ent. Server, but after rebooting the machine all of sudden BLUE screen appears with mentioning below error though OS working in safe mode. Please help me out to resolve the issue ASAP.
Driver_IRQL_NOT LESS OR EQUAL

Then at the end it says
Beginning dump of physical memory

HYDIS.sys address 7505AF5 base at F74E9000
Stop: 0x000000D1 (0xf3bbf000, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0xF7505AF5)

Physical memory dumb.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group
BR,

Sharjeel

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/os-upgrade-windows-2000-ent-server-to-windows-2003-ent-server.625977/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have several shares defined on my Windows x desktop which are accessible from shares OK from Win7 PCs to Android, Can't other from connect all other Windows machines on my network Until recently those shares were all accessible from my Android devices using ES File Explorer Nexus Nexus Galaxy S Today I get this error when I try to connect to any of Can't connect to Win7 shares from Android, OK from other PCs these shares from ANY of my Android devices quot Login fails This may be caused by - WLAN is off - SMB Server is out of network scope - The IP is invalid - Blocked by the firewall - SMB service is off quot I connect to the server from ES File Explorer using my usual Windows id password which is an Admin Can't connect to Win7 shares from Android, OK from other PCs account and has full access to the shares All of the shares are listed correctly in ES File Explorer but I get the error above when I tap on any of them to view the sub-folders Can't connect to Win7 shares from Android, OK from other PCs Up to now I have been connecting to these same shares without any problems using the IP address and my login credentials I even tried creating a brand new share will full access permissions granted for my user id This share is listed fine in ES File Explorer but once again I get the error above if I try to connect to it I also have Windows Server and Windows x desktop machines on my network both with shared folders The Android devices have no problems accessing the shares on either of those two machines It's just this one Windows x machine that is the problem but only for Android devices - other desktops on the LAN can access the shares no problem My Windows -bit laptop is also connected to the LAN via the same wireless access point and it has no problems accessing the shares on the Win x machine I have disabled the Windows firewall and also disabled the AVG antivirus protection but it didn't help I'm not running any other AV software I also have Oracle Virtualbox and VMWare workstation installed but don't know how if that would interfere with anything I've tried disabling all of the virtual network adapters associated with these applications but it didn't help Any ideas

A:Can't connect to Win7 shares from Android, OK from other PCs

Quote: Originally Posted by itm

I have several shares defined on my Windows 7 x64 desktop which are accessible from all other Windows 7 machines on my network. Until recently those shares were all accessible from my Android devices using ES File Explorer (Nexus 10, Nexus 7, Galaxy S4). Today I get this error when I try to connect to any of these shares from ANY of my Android devices:

"Login fails. This may be caused by:
- WLAN is off
- SMB Server is out of network scope
- The IP is invalid
- Blocked by the firewall
- SMB service is off"

I connect to the server from ES File Explorer using my usual Windows id/password (which is an Admin account, and has full access to the shares). All of the shares are listed correctly in ES File Explorer, but I get the error above when I tap on any of them to view the sub-folders.

Up to now I have been connecting to these same shares without any problems, using the IP address and my login credentials. I even tried creating a brand new share, will full access permissions granted for my user id. This share is listed fine in ES File Explorer, but once again I get the error above if I try to connect to it.

I also have Windows 2008 Server and Windows 7 x32 desktop machines on my network, both with shared folders. The Android devices have no problems accessing the shares on either of those two machines. It's just this one Windows 7 x64 machine that is the problem (but only for Android devices - other desktops on the LAN can access the shares no problem).

My Windows 7 (32-bit) laptop is also connected to the LAN via the same wireless access point, and it has no problems accessing the shares on the Win7 x64 machine.

I have disabled the Windows firewall, and also disabled the AVG antivirus protection, but it didn't help. I'm not running any other AV software. I also have Oracle Virtualbox and VMWare workstation installed, but don't know how/if that would interfere with anything. I've tried disabling all of the virtual network adapters associated with these applications, but it didn't help.

Any ideas??

I've seen the virtual box and VMware cause connection problems in the past but not file access problems.

AVG on the other hand,...to be sure here you would need to uninstall AVG using the special uninstall tool made for the job.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/335474-cant-connect-win7-shares-android-ok-other-pcs.html
Relevancy 57.62%

On my network I have PCs running Windows Ult and PCs running WinXP-Pro When all see on Win7 shares XP cannot folders files / my XP PCs browse a shared folder living on a Win PC not XP cannot see all folders / files on Win7 shares all files or folders are listed It is as if once a certain number of filenames have been listed something gives up For example on my WIndows PC I have a folder with about folders of pictures The XP PCs only see about folders The number is consistent as far as the number of folders the XP clients see It is not a permission problem because if I move some of the low-numbered folders out of the share then the names at the bottom of the folder list start to appear I even copied all picture folders to the other Windows PC and created a fresh share and still the XP clients only see the same limited number of folders or files It also seems to be based on a percentage and not a finite limit of file or folder names For example if I have objects in a folder only are visible on the client If I have objects in a folder only are visible I have looked all over the web I am usually very good at a well-crafted google search strings when I want to find something but this one has me stumped nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,
I'm getting windows crashes when attempting to access certain files or folders on my FreeNas box. The bsod reflects something to do with ntfs.sys and page_fault_in_non-paged_area. Here are some minidumps. I can provide further info on request.

Thanks in advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win7-crashing-when-accessing-nas-shares.150112/
Relevancy 57.62%

Greetings all As the title says our Win desktop with a wireless NIC during boot up reports it is unable to connect to the shared network folders on our WinXP-Pro workstation wired nic After the OS is booted we can left-click on the mapped drive shown with a red X and then navigate the folders without issue also the red x disappears Our other two WinXP-Pro network XP-Pro not connect Win7 does to shares PCs also wired NICs Win7 does not connect to XP-Pro network shares have no trouble connecting at boot up I have read the many threads at sevenforums on the quot unable to connect quot threads tried the suggestions given to the others and have not found a solution One interesting point of observation I do not recall others clarifying if this issue was occurring with their wired or wireless connected PCs So my question Is this issue because the Win OS has finished booting before the shared drives are recognized as available to the OS If this is not the root of the issue does anyone know if I replace the WinXP OS with Win OS HDD rebuild will the XP-PRO PCs have similar issue with accessing the shared folders on the Win PC I appreciate any insight guidance and recommendation all may have in the matter Tumbleweed

A:Win7 does not connect to XP-Pro network shares

If your network is connected ok, that is,
1. You can view all other networked computers from any station
2. You can access anyone of those computers to view shared folder

but you cannot open the folder, then it is a security issue. Check your sharing permissions for your shared folders

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/112394-win7-does-not-connect-xp-pro-network-shares.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi This is my first post I am hoping someone can help I have PCs linked by a wired LAN I also have a Dell Axim X v PDA which I use to listen to music files from a music collection on PC via a wireless access point All was working fine under XP but now that I have upgraded PC amp PC to Windows Ultimate I can no longer access shares on those machines using the PDA I can see the PC's using the network plugin or Resco Explorer on the PDA but when I try to expand them to see the shares I get nothing The XP PC's shares still work fine and I can ping the Win PC's with the PDA I can access the internet with the PDA I have tried with and without Windows Can't Access Win7 shares Axim PDA from firewall and I have tried setting LMCompatibilityLevel to as suggested in another post The XP machines can access the Win shares OK and vice versa I have tried going back to the original Windows Mobile on the PDA I normally run WM but I still get the same results I am not using any encription on the Can't Access Win7 shares from Axim PDA PDA at this stage and the Win shares have read write permissions for everyone I feel that there is some security setting on the Win machines that I am missing but for all my searching on the net I can't seem to find it Hoping someone can help because apart from this snag there is a lot to like about Windows

A:Can't Access Win7 shares from Axim PDA

You will need to install the Windows 7 Mobile Device Center in order for your device to share files with Windows 7. This download, once set up correctly, should enable you to see the device and share files with it.

Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 | Windows Vista Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/89755-cant-access-win7-shares-axim-pda.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a Desktop with XP, Laptop with Vista.

Both are on the same workgroup & IP subnet and I have installed the LLTP patch for XP. Both have the exact same firewall, the network has been "trusted" and each computer is trusted by MAC address.

On the desktop, I can't see "Laptop" in "Workgroup Computers", but when I try \\laptop, it opens and I can see all the shares.

On the laptop I can see "Desktop" in the "Network View" but if I try to click it, or use \\desktop I get a message saying it is inaccessible. Then if I go to a specific share "\\desktop\share1", I can get to it fine.

I'd prefer to be able to get directly to \\desktop and be able to brosw the shares instead of having to remember specific paths. Anything else I can try?

A:Can access shares but not server

:big smile:

Tool me a while to find this myself --- see http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100122.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-access-shares-but-not-server.100358/
Relevancy 57.19%

Not used Win before first time this last week or so and OMG what a nightmare Networking file sharing seeing other non windows computers on the network Nothing works like old AFP SMB machine of and to setup CIFS see Win7 OOB shares Win k XP Linux machines Yo cant just seem to point the browser at an ip address I have two Win machines here sicne beginning of November a Pro and Home Premium The Pro machine is a HP s that I OOB setup of Win7 machine to see AFP and CIFS SMB shares have installed Mac OS-X on and the other machine is a Toshiba Satellite Pro the Home Premium one Spent that last couple of months amongst other things trying to get either of them to see other machines on the network Other machines being Win XP Mac FreeNAS FreeBSD server running both AFP and CIFS SMB From what I understand I DONT want to use Homegroups So when I connect to the Wifi router I connect as Work network Tried disabling Homegroup Services in services msc tried with Firewall on and Off Tried both wired and WiFi connections ALL computers either Mac Windows FreeBSD FreeNAS all have same username and password The Win machines are being assigned an IP address via the router and can all access the net just fine They also can see a Yamaha networked AV receiver I believe from memory as a Upnp device Yesterday I thought I'd make a serious crack at getting them to see the network and the other machines and get the other machines to see them but no go what the hell was MS done to Win networking Is there a way to just default it all back to basic networking Tried turning on all the Advanced network File sharing sections in both Public and Private home areas I am just doing a full factory restore of the Home Premium machine so will have a clean untouched system to try with again if anyone has any suggestions about how to get Win to see and be seen before I do something drastic I was so close to pulling the HDD and RAM out and putting the hammer through the reminder how can MS screw something that used to work so well in Win k So Factory Fresh OOB system about mins away from reboot I wont't even attempt to connect it to wired or WiFi LAN until I hear back from someone on here as how to go about setting it up as I am at a total loss many thanks

A:OOB setup of Win7 machine to see AFP and CIFS SMB shares

OK, so if no one know how to make a Win 7 computer see a 'normal ' network, does any oen at least know if it is at least possible?

Or is Win 7 ONLY capable of seeing Win 7 computers?

I know it is not hardware related. I just booted in to a a Linux Mint distro and instantly all other computers and network shares were visible.
Two FreeNAS boxes, AFP shares, an XP machine ..everything just visible..no hassle..but this bloody Win 7 It see itself and that is it, been struggling with this for an age now and what ever I try nothing.

Done yet another clean HP Recovery instal and it never sees anything

Help really needed on this

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/316328-oob-setup-win7-machine-see-afp-cifs-smb-shares.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Potentialy due to all shares huge hole Win7 security possible problems with connecting XP to win people are already glad to be able to connect to WIN but there seems to be a huge scurity hole in the process nbsp nbsp Note As I examin shares on win controll panel shares ACL's require a full grant on Everyone it's unclear what read and change and full mean As previous inter connections connections are made effects are less clear restriction seem to be less strickt what makes the shares ACL tricky to handle and test for security problems The ACL Everyone FULL seems to be Win7 shares possible huge security hole required for all shares to work nbsp nbsp Note but everyone is rather LARGE quot The Everyone group encompasses quot well everyone That is it includes all Win7 shares possible huge security hole the built it users and groups that come with Windows XP win as well as any administrator defined users and groups It also includes the service and system accounts that are created and any anonymous accounts that connect to the computer without providing any login credentials Lastly it includes the Guest account As an acl GROUP grant is placed on the share a group of users NOT individual users but this is unmanagable the statement seems to be ignored nbsp nbsp Note The requirement of an EVERYONE FULL is IMPLICITELY A SECURITY BREACH Relying on the file security restriction is a different matter The SHARED security is the first security protection setting it The need to use EVERYONE FULL is killing the security purpose User password all username passwords are synced by batch process and used on ALL machines files access to the files is granted by group but for the sake of the exercise a grant to authenticated users is added to ensure the file's protection is not the problem implicit security breach but this is a test what is a problem is the need to reboot since clear credentials all gets confused by first opening another share by that user then the state of the share switches virtually to authenticated user instead of everyone first refused then allowed once logged in guest plays less in the game UGLY to reproduce Basical settings and tests share files authenticated user full except special permissions just for tests to avoid file protection issues group full permissions system full permissions came from inheritance admin local full permissions test side effect but can not harm user has admin privileged as well users r e list came from inheritance no deny Test user is member of group group defined on both sides all machines behavior identical on all machines Share permissions basic setting common for all tests group full permission no deny Share permission tests everyone full all works everyone change can write everyone read no write access everyone none gets deleted windows can not access annonymous login read no access change no access full no access Conclusion everyone full is essential but is heavy security breach really everyone can get at badly protected files file system protection assumed out of control due to possible future errors anyhow is not reliable this way an explict User Name Read full can write can read But this is completely un-maintainable what does NOT help the security PS takes a long time multiple seconds to translate SID in group name during this time no permissions shown controll pannel server CPU i Gig terrabyte win sp ultimate both machines fresh generated gigabit ethernet link the issue has nothing to do with passwords or patches BUT WITH The assumed way of working as it was working in XP and is NOT WORKING in windows has NEVER WORKED SP SP Due to this fact the manufacturing intentionally since test seem to be done badly on basic functions supports hackers and blocks users to really secure their system Quote Basic Understanding of Share and NTFS Permissions To understand Sharing and NTFS permissions Security Tab when connecting to a Shared Resource folder printer etc the NTFS permissions are combined with ... Read more

A:Win7 shares possible huge security hole

CAN ANYONE CONFIRM ???

add user to share full rights / files full rights
add user to an acl group

test access and read write permisson on second machine

replace share user access by the group acl same full rights
nothing works anymore !!!!
please I can not be the onlyone with the same problem on multiple machines !!!!

we can generalize what we want, and declare "it works just fine"

Quote:
as functions as groups ={user 1,user2,user3, userN} (suppose only 10 users)
connecting to a share

share1: allow user1:full
share1: allow user2:full
share1: allow user3:full
share1: allow user4:full
share1: allow usern:full

for 10 shares, this becomes 100 operations 100 test 100 verifications 100 times more management (forgetting about all possible interactions with other shares and files) then
share1: group:full

this last sentence does not work independently if its home work or .....
independently of any firewall

for files it seems to be working correct you can say file/directory group: full access and more ...
for shares the descriptions state that it is possible but in reality YOU DO NOT GET ANY PERMISSION!!!
All I ask is to CONFIRM not saying "all works well" it is not trough.
as far as I know there are and should not be any policy, settings, ..... definitions restrictions
except eventually the XP home version, But here I'm running on a WINDOWS7 ULTIMATE with all the patches in place

Share privileges that do work :
UserName (unmanagable)
NETWORK( but then all security is gone)
EVERYONE(but then all security is GONE)

What DOES Not work :
A GROUP name Group={User1,user2,user3....}
ADMINISTRATORS (you can not allow administrators to open shares ...)

Or I am doing something incredibly wrong ,
OR there is a HUGE BUG in WIndows 7 killing all possible security

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/173244-win7-shares-possible-huge-security-hole.html
Relevancy 56.76%

The following Structure is a representation PC - IP - FQDN PC DOM LOCAL PC - IP - FQDN PC DOM LOCAL SRV - IP - Server Issue to File 2012 7 Windows Share Server Networking a with FQDN SRV DOM LOCAL - File Share 'FLDR ' USR lt ReadOnly gt SRV has a folder FLDR being shared for read only access to user USR PC and PC Windows 7 Networking Issue to a Server 2012 Server with File Share logged on Windows 7 Networking Issue to a Server 2012 Server with File Share as Domain User USR PC is able to connect to SRV to see and look in FLDR PC is unable to connect to SRV Windows 7 Networking Issue to a Server 2012 Server with File Share to see and look in FLDR Now there are multiple means of connecting to SRV to see the share FLDR The following connections were done in combination with the following methods Method - via logged on Domain User CMD Prompt with 'NET VIEW' Method - via logged on Domain Administrator CMD Prompt with 'NET VIEW' Method - via logged on Domain User Explorer Window Method - via logged on Domain Administrator Explorer Window Connection - via Server Name Connection - via Server IP Address Connection - via Server Fully Qualified Domain Name Now that the stage is set going to the fun part Testing from both PC and PC ------------------------------------------- PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success ------------------------------------------- PC Method - Connection - Fail PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Fail PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Fail PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Fail PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success ------------------------------------------- PC and PC being logged in as USR PC is able to connect to the SRV share FLDR PC is unable to connect to SRV except by IP Address as shown in the tests above but as for data connection for some reason it is very slow even though it is on a Gb line nbsp All failures are given in response to Access Denied Error This issue persists after I reboot PC and after I remove USR user profile nbsp I have also tried changing the IP address of the PC and still no resolution Also no local PC accounts such as Administrator or Guest can be used to view our shares as we have removed 'Everyone' from the permissions and have selected 'Domain Users' group in place of it nbsp If you are not in our domain you will not have access to our shares even if you are on our network This issue also just started this past week I have looked for a resolution to this issue and am unable to find one that works nbsp In reality we have PCs on our floor that use a single user to get to this single folder to run an application and only one of them is giving this issue nbsp I'm almost getting ready to rebuild the issue PC from scratch with the image of the other machines nbsp Also the imaging isn't the issue either since I've used the same image and software package for the past two years on this group of machines and this particular machine was in the second batch out of six deployed nbsp Any other suggestions are welcome

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9a70a336-c183-430b-b6e5-0adcec1552c7/windows-7-networking-issue-to-a-server-2012-server-with-file-share?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 56.76%

I've been dealing with this issue for hours now and have tried everything I can think of I have a Windows Home PC that I have an incoming VPN connection on I can Access VPN Using Server While Ping Shares Can't or VPN connect to it but if the firewall is enabled I can't ping it or access the shares If Can't Ping VPN Server or Access Shares While Using VPN I turn the firewall off I CAN ping and access shares It was working fine yesterday and I don't remember doing anything to cause this I've tracked it down to being something with my Public networks When I disable the firewall on public networks the VPN adapter I can ping but once I enable that it stops pinging I've tried everything listed below but still can't get Can't Ping VPN Server or Access Shares While Using VPN it to work Checked port is openAllowed EVERYTHING with a firewall rule through itChecked multiple devices on another Wi-Fi network and G with a phoneRestarted PC other devices and routerI can ping every other device on my network besides the one creating the VPN which is the one I need and so many other steps Made sure file and printer sharing were enabled in network and sharing center Is there some other rule that got removed from the firewall I need to re-add Any help or tips would be appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/53388-cant-ping-vpn-server-access-shares-while-using-vpn.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I can connect from quot VPN Client quot to quot VPN Server quot and make a connection but when I try to enter Code at the Run prompt on the quot VPN Client quot I get a but VPN the cant access shares to server, Can connect Code network path cannot be found message ALso I cant ping the VPN Server IP from the VPN Client IP I cant ping the VPN Client IP from the VPN Server IP But I they can ping THEIR OWN IPS ps- ive already port forwarded disabled firewalls - nothing VPN Server Code Windows IP Configuration Host Name bljr Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Onboard NIC Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C-F - - D- C-DC Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers PPP adapter RAS Server Dial In Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Internal RAS Server Can connect to the VPN server, but cant access shares interface for dial in clients Dhcp Enabled No IP Address B COLOR quot Blue quot COLOR B Subnet Mask Default Gateway VPN Client Code C Documents and Settings korean gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Can connect to the VPN server, but cant access shares Name Can connect to the VPN server, but cant access shares korea Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Marvell Yukon E Family PCI-E G igabit Ethernet Controller Physical Address - - -FE- -AD Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adap ter Physical Address - F-FA- -DE- C Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers PPP adapter home Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description WAN PPP SLIP Interface Physical Address - - - - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address COLOR quot blue quot B B COLOR Subnet Mask Default Gateway B COLOR quot blue quot COLOR B DNS Servers C Documents and Settings korean gt nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

Hello all I m not sure if this is an operating system question or more of a software development question Anyway I have a legacy COM service a COM server 2003 Server execution Windows - connecting when on service DCOM "Server failed" that runs as a windows service that was written for Windows NT I have managed to use the service on both Windows and Windows XP unchanged However I now wish to run the service on a Windows Server machine and I can t seem to DCOM service on Windows Server 2003 - "Server execution failed" when connecting get it to work This is what happens - Install the service and set it to log on using a domain account Start the service from the services msc applet Start the client application and connect to the service At this stagte the client applicaiton freezes for approximately seconds and DCOM service on Windows Server 2003 - "Server execution failed" when connecting then returns with the error message quot Server execution failed quot I ve also tried using the client whilst the service is stopped In this case when I connect the service is started but I get the same error The development team also provided a standalone application that hosts the exact same COM objects mainly for debugging purposes If I use the standalone application everything works fine Its all very strange Does anyone have any idea what the cause might be And preferably a solution Thanks Kep nbsp

A:DCOM service on Windows Server 2003 - "Server execution failed" when connecting

I found the answer.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroup...-DC48AB0DA5C9&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us

The above discussion says that a service must enter a running state before a COM server calls CoRergisterClassObject. So I guess its a development problem.

Not sure why it only manifests on Windows Server 2003 though.

Kep.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dcom-service-on-windows-server-2003-server-execution-failed-when-connecting.695005/
Relevancy 56.33%

I am trying to setup my own VPN I have installed Server on my server machine The server server Windows as VPN Server 2003 machine is connected to my Netgear router which connects to the internet I have setup the VPN service and can connect localy using an advanced connection setup in windows XP on my client machine Also on my network is a fileserver running windows vista soon xp or server the server has over gb of storage mostly full t hat i want to share over my VPN This is also onnected to the Windows Server 2003 as VPN server netgear router My problem is with sharing these files How do i set the drives on my file server as standard shares for all VPN connected users I can access them local over the lan but not sure how to share for users dialing into the VPN any step by step tutorials links would be welcomed or if anyone can help me it would be brilliant or if somone can get on msn with me and walk me through what im doing wrong that would be awsome too Thanks alot nbsp

A:Windows Server 2003 as VPN server

Information for how to configure a Windows2003 VPN server can be found at:
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networking/w3k_vpn_server.htm

You don't need to make any changes or additions to shares in regards to VPN client's being able to access previous shares on the server. Whatever you have assigned for the LAN access can work for VPN.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003-as-vpn-server.603026/
Relevancy 56.33%

I just set up a new Win bit system to replace my old desktop I've been running Win for quite a while and have never had trouble with networking per se until now I've set up the sharing etc the way I usually do Network Discovery file sharing etc are all accessing - 0x80070035 Win7 its shares 64 OWN Network Error turned on with no password All PCs are part of the same workgroup I have several shares on this new machine that my other computers can access just Network Error 0x80070035 - Win7 64 accessing its OWN shares fine However the local PC cannot access its own shares I get the x error Bizarre As I said I have Network Error 0x80070035 - Win7 64 accessing its OWN shares set up sharing on Network Error 0x80070035 - Win7 64 accessing its OWN shares all these machines more than once It always works fine Even accessing its own shares But not this one And the only difference I can spot is that this machine is bit which I wouldn't think would have any bearing on this I have specific reasons for the local PC to be able to access its own shares I have no workaround It has to be able to do this or some of my software will not function properly I have to be able to map drives locally and also set up paths to folders that other computers will use So they have to be network paths not local paths And the software is aware that the path is not available locally I can't fool it Can anyone get me pointed in the right direction on this Thanks Matt

A:Network Error 0x80070035 - Win7 64 accessing its OWN shares

Hi,

Are you using Norton Firewall by any chance? Were you using that on your older 32 bit system too?

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/140265-network-error-0x80070035-win7-64-accessing-its-own-shares.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I am using Windows 2003 Server Standard.

Its really weird but whenever I try to view any "sub-menu's" my whole computer freezes up for a moment....its REALLY annoying.

anyone know what?

A:Windows 2003 Weird Freezups

how long is the moment that it freezes up for?
do the following..
goto start > run and type "regedit" then goto HKEY_USERS and look for "control panel" and then scrowl down to "desktop" ... single click the desktop and on their should be a "menushowdelay" under name heading... and it is set at 400.. change that to anything less (like 1) and then close registry and restart ur computer... and then see ur submenus are gona appear faster..... try this and if dont work then tell me

(note: dont change any other value)

i hope it works.. good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2003-weird-freezups.192425/
Relevancy 56.33%

Can anyone shed some light on why some XP Pro SP2 workstations will not use the printer settings that are configured on a win2003 print server. I have a workstation that can print to the network printer but it also wants to use a wrong and different tray that all of the other workstations that are connected to it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/printer-shares-on-win2003-print-server-278291.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a site connect to my wan, with one nt server and about 70 win95 clients. They are running MS Client, Netbui, TCP/IP, and File&Print sharing as their protocols. When my users login in it runs a script that maps 3 shares and does time synchronization. The problem is that half of the site can see everything in network neighborhood ( The server, all users logged in, network printers, shares, etc...) and the other half can only see clients logged into the domain. Also, those users cannot map to any network printers. All network printers are HP configured with HP JetDirect. I have tried everything, I am going mad, any help would be greatly appreciated ?

A:{Solved} - Cannot see network shares, server, or printers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-see-network-shares-server-or-printers.28393/
Relevancy 55.9%

Well we're finally upgrading our server from Windows NT to Windows 2003. Is there any way to import/export all of my data onto the new server? Or should I just share everything I have on NT and then just copy/cut all the information and paste it onto 2003? I'm just trying to figure out what will be the easiest way to move everything since I have about 700 users on NT lol. I really don't want to type all the names in again on 2003....Thanks in advance! :approve:

A:Moving from Windows Server NT to Windows Server 2003

Are you getting a new server with 2003 on it or just upgrading the existing box to 2003?

If it's upgrading the existing server, start here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/upgrading/nt4/tooldocs/default.mspx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/moving-from-windows-server-nt-to-windows-server-2003.45661/
Relevancy 55.9%

Red Shield - IE Enhanced Security Configuration for Administrators
Amber Shield - IE Enhanced Security Configuration for Non-Administrators
Green Shield - IE Zones
When I click on the how to correct this it takes me to a Windows 2003 page not 2012 for the first issue

And page does not exist for the second issue ?
Any ideas ?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/707368df-5e81-4c0b-9f2b-c5b5ee805a34/mbsa-finds-issue-with-server-2012-internet-explorer-settings-but-i-cant-find-an-actual-issue-on-the?forum=MBSA
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello all We have a Windows Pro computer in an unsecure room acting as a is - server secure? file method shares network with this 7 Pro Win file server to other computers on the network My issue is with creating and securing network shared folders so that prying eyes can not access info not meant for them We currently have folders to share with different departments These folders are 'Accounting' 'Design' and 'Production' As mentioned there are other computers on the network and user accounts have been created on the file server to match the user accounts on Win 7 Pro file server with network shares - is this method secure? each of the computers For these user accounts on the file server we did however set up the users with passwords that are different than the password used on their own computer This was done to prevent anyone from logging into the file server and messing with it The method I am considering for sharing the 'Accounting' 'Design' and 'Production' folders is to share each folder on the file server and to add 'Everyone' as a user granting access to all users on the network To limit access to any particular user via the 'Security' tab on the shared folder I press the edit button and add the user Then all their permissions are set to deny I would add more users I wish to deny access in the same way It seems to work fine Mapping a network drive to the file server is allowed only by users not denied for the particular share and a password is not required to map to the share Is there any security risk to doing it this way or any downside I may encounter Thanks for any help TV

A:Win 7 Pro file server with network shares - is this method secure?

Hi there,

This is not an optimal solution. What you've done, if I understand your explanation properly is open up access (everyone), then put band-aids over it.

One better approach is to (a). Create groups for each department (b). Create the shares with permissions specific to each group (Accounting users can access the accounting share), then grant specific Allow permissions only to that group for that folder and sub-folders. You could add deny permissions for others, but it simply adds complexity that you don't need.

A good security model starts from a deny-all point and adds allow permissions as required. You are working the other way.. Allow all then deny as required. It may well work, but you risk missing something one day and then someone gets access to something they shouldn't.

It's better to have a user complain that can't access something (that you then fix), than have someone with access to something they shouldn't and they don't tell you about it.

Where possible you should always stay away from Everyone permissions.

Also, full control, unless specifically needed, should only be granted to administrators.

As a general rule of thumb, you open it up only as much as you need to to let the people who should have access gain access.

It may be that the credentials required to access the share are stored in your credential manager (see control panel). Password protected shares are a good thing, as long as you don't have to enter the password every time. Worked in one company that was a little naive in this regard. We had to login to every share every morning because they were so paranoid.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/333912-win-7-pro-file-server-network-shares-method-secure.html
Relevancy 55.47%

i have the server with windows SP and i executed replication active directory domain controller on the new server as i have two servers all with computer in the client server 2003 problem network client/server windows expect one client computer work ok onthe problematically computer is with the windows me problem is when i shut down old server the computer with win me drop out from domain and he don t see new server when i power on old server the client computer work ok i deinstalled the win me on this computer and i installed to him win xp pro but problem is same this computer don t see new server and he don t see others client computers in network problem with client computer in the client/server network windows server 2003 what i do i tryed to make new user account but nothing i can t because of this computer don t see new server on client computer light green indicator on network adapter Realtek d all the time i use commands ping with the ip address of server with the name of server nothing ipconfig release ipconfig renew ipconfig flushdns ipconfig registerdns ip address of old server is and new server maybe problem is when i type ipconfig in dosprompt on new server i receive DNS server and DHCP plz help me thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-client-computer-in-the-client-server-network-windows-server-2003.617978/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello all first post so take it easy on me I've been trying to figure this out and it may have already been discussed but I was unable to find it Here's my deal Had a TB HDD hooked up and shared across my Homegroup and everything was working fine until we had a power surge I lost that HDD for good I've replaced that with different TB drives With my new HDD I've tried to set up a share with the same name but found that the old share names are still in use so it's creating them with a number at the end of it I've gone in to MMC and tried to delete the reference to the old share but I get an error every time Code The system encountered the following error while attempting to delete share NAME Missing delete Unable Shares - to Error The system can not find the path specified Can anybody help me out with this error I know I could just change the share name to something else but I would like to see if I Missing Shares - Unable to delete can get this figured out before I take that route Thanks in advance for any help

A:Missing Shares - Unable to delete

net use D: /delete Where D is your network drive letter or HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explore \MountPoints2 find the share you need removed and delete it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/64458-missing-shares-unable-delete.html
Relevancy 55.04%

We have a server running server 2003 and a cleint computer running windows 2000. Now the client computer is on the internet getting an ip address and everything but the problem is that it is not seeing the server when i put it on the run command and the shares that were there before are not working now... This is odd and never seen this before. Have Zone Alarm internet Security Suite on it and its disabled and its still not working... Wonder if anybody has seen this before

A:shares issue

Can you ping the server from the client? If not then you have some kind of firewall problem. Can any other clients connect to the server okay? Also may want to post an IPCONFIG /ALL from both the server and the client.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shares-issue.442286/
Relevancy 55.04%

Recently while installing Windows NT 4.0 Terminal Server I have been losing my administrator shares. I.E. c$, D$, ADMIN$, etc. I haven't noticed at what point this happens, but I think it might be the stage where I set system policies for terminal users. How can I get the shares back. Particularly the ADMIN$ share, as this one is reserved and does not allow me to recreate it. I really do not want to start over with this install for the third time!

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi all I have a weird problem that you might be able to help me with Our software Windows Explorer 2003 problem Windows on in XP Weird and is distributed using MSI s We do regular builds and releases about twice Weird problem in Windows Explorer on XP and Windows 2003 a month Now suddenly reports are coming in that by deinstalling our software Windows Explorer is acting weird Usings cannot select files folders with a mouse anymore When our software is installed all is well This only happens on XP machines and I ve seen it on our own Windows server Does this give anybody a clue about where to look How should I go about to find Weird problem in Windows Explorer on XP and Windows 2003 out what s wrong here Some background information Nothing spectacular has changed Weird problem in Windows Explorer on XP and Windows 2003 in our MSI projects The effects show up only after rebooting after de deinstallation of the software When installing the software no reboot is needed to have Windows Explorer act normally again We create the MSIs using Wise version using AutomatedBuildStudio to build and package the software Nothing hs changed in those procedures The effects aren t present on WIndows Vista or Windows machines I have used VeriTest-Rational Install Analyzer to compare before and after snapshots but no clear signs of anything wrong there There is one entry in the VeriTest-Rational Install Analyzer log about an entry at HKCU Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Shell Extensions Cached A F - D - D -BDAF- C F B F E - - -C - x being changed There is another entry in the VeriTest-Rational Install Analyzer log about an entry at HKCU Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Shell Extensions Cached A F - D - D -BDAF- C F B F E - - -C - x being changed This already happened before April No relation to Conficker suspected ANYTHING that you can come up with is much appreciated Thanks for now Bart nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

We re a small company running Windows Small Business Server SBS and MS Exchange on a Compaq server with two GB drives one is a mirror no RAID We ve had a recurring problem with the server hanging on startup What it will do is display the Windows startup screen The progress bar will get exactly of the way through what I call the quot line of death quot and will stop It looks like it s still loading as the quot progress shading quot at the very bottom is still changing but nothing is happening Repeated reboots after about minutes don t help The only fix is to shut down and pop the mirror drive out 2000 problem Weird Server Windows of the bay then restart Weird Windows 2000 Server problem the server will then start This has happened several times already We replaced the mirror drive after the first time and everything seemed ok for awhile but then it happened again Popping out the mirror drive once again fixed the problem The mirror drive is healthy according the the disk management screen Has anybody ever heard of anything like this Is my server Weird Windows 2000 Server problem just a POS Any ideas at all would be Weird Windows 2000 Server problem appreciated thanks nbsp