Windows Support Forum

Have a weird issue. Win7, Windows 2003 Server, some shares missing

Q: Have a weird issue. Win7, Windows 2003 Server, some shares missing

At our office, we have a Windows 2003 File server (one of them), and Windows 7 workstations. The workstations can use Explorer fine to view all the folders on the share. But for whatever reason when you go to a command prompt and do a DIR on that share, it is missing about 60% of the folders.

Now, the iphone app that uses the vpn to view these shares too also does not show them. Does anyone have a idea what this could be and how to fix it?

This is really weird.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Have a weird issue. Win7, Windows 2003 Server, some shares missing

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Have a weird issue. Win7, Windows 2003 Server, some shares missing

Win 7 Web client running as a service?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/166648-have-weird-issue-win7-windows-2003-server-some-shares-missing.html
Relevancy 9.89%

I have recently somehow disabled my windows key. I have tried going to Microsoft and doing the "Fix it" thing for the registry and it does not work. I have tried this numerous times. Could it possibly be the keyboard I'm using? It use to work however with the same keyboard. I use Avast Anti-Virus, Malwarebytes and iObit system care as my general cleaners. Not sure if any of those have a default setting to disable the button. Thoughts / Suggestions please?!?!

A:How did my Windows key become disabled?

Do you mean Windows is asking you to activate again? What version of Windows are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-did-my-windows-key-become-disabled.192522/
Relevancy 9.46%

Power outage due to storm. Came back on without pictures and documents. It's an HP desktop. Would a file recovery program work? I've tried some of the instructions online, but they don't work.

A:Lost pictures on Windows 7 from power outage

Oh mary; I feel your pain. Were the pics within one folder and now they're ALL missing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-pictures-on-windows-7-from-power-outage.217351/
Relevancy 9.46%

I sometimes wonder about techs using tools such as Seatools, HDD regenerator etc to diagnose/repair hard drives. Do any of these tools beat Chkdsk in any way?
(besides data recovery tools, I guess those have no match in Windows).

Thank you

A:Do you need more than Windows default tools to check/repair a hard drive?

IMO, always use the tool provided by the vender. At the time you need this tool, you don't need a 3rd party screw-up to 'help you' really mess it up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-you-need-more-than-windows-default-tools-to-check-repair-a-hard-drive.217548/
Relevancy 9.89%

I have a Soundblaster Z on my PC that was working fine until I upgraded to Windows 10 today. Now the sound still works but sounds like there is hardly any treble at all. It sounds like singers in songs are singing in a tunnel or something. You can't hardly make out what the vocalist is saying over top of the background music.

Can someone please help me fix this!?!?!?!?!

A:Windows 10 messed up my Soundblaster Z

Not yet maybe. According to Creative's website, drivers for Soundblaster Z will be available in August 2015. It doesn't say exactly when though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-10-messed-up-my-soundblaster-z.217435/
Relevancy 9.46%

Following yesterday's worldwide launch of Windows 10, all three major GPU vendors have released new graphics drivers that support Microsoft's new operating system. If you're upgrading to Windows 10, make sure you download and install these drivers soon after launch. ...

Read more

A:AMD, Nvidia and Intel release new GPU drivers for Windows 10

Is AMD planning to release Windows 10 drivers for RadeonHD234k cards too? Are those machines stuck with Windows 7?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-nvidia-and-intel-release-new-gpu-drivers-for-windows-10.217386/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi everyone A few days ago I replaced my cpu motherboard and hdds on my system OLD System main components Case Antec v Cpu i Mobo Asus onboard realtek mobo low crackling) bk volume (very ud3h sound ac1150 issue - and Gigabyte p x d-e RAM corsair vengence gb x GPU Zotac GTX Boot drive Intel Gigabyte ud3h bk mobo - realtek ac1150 onboard sound issue (very low volume and crackling) gb ssd Win HDD WD TB black New System main components Case Antec v Cpu i k Mobo Gigabyte z x - ud h-bk RAM corsair vengence gb x GPU Zotac GTX Boot drive Samsumg evo gb ssd Win HDD WD Gigabyte ud3h bk mobo - realtek ac1150 onboard sound issue (very low volume and crackling) TB black I was able to clone the ssd and hdd samsung migration for ssd and Easeus todo backup for hdd Initally I had some driver conflict when I Gigabyte ud3h bk mobo - realtek ac1150 onboard sound issue (very low volume and crackling) booted up the computer on the new mobo I managed to uninstall all the old drivers and then used the driver cd to install the mobo drivers and even updated all of them to the latest version I The conflict I m still having is with the back panel audio for the onboard sound I get very low volume and and crackling at certain frequencies tried on both my generic creative speaker and Audio technical headphones When I m plugging in the speaker into the green port and have it plugged in half way or accidentally touch the jack to the I o plate I get really strong loud static noise Here is the list of solution that I tried with no success Updated the Realtek HD Audio Manager app I e the one installed from the driver cd to the latest one Used DPC latency checker and it is showing all greens didn t test it for more than a minute though should I be doing something while the app is on to test for interference Installed Generic Realtek driver for ac codec Disabled C E and EIST in the bios Played with the equalizers on Realtek HD Audio Manager helped to reduce bit of static but its still there and the volume is still very low Disabled all line in devices Checked audio with a ubuntu live cd and the problem still persists does this indicate a hardware issue What I find strange is that my front panel that is connected to the HD audio pins on the motherboard works fine with the same speaker and headphones I still have some more solutions I need to test out like Update the bios currently on F version the latest is F I have a spare asus xonar dg PCI so will try to install it and test if audio will works fine But this is not a permanent solution as I only have one PCI slot which I m using for my wireless card adapter Edimax g Run Memtest can this ever be a problem for sound related issues Driver Sweeper I believe I have properly manually uninstalled all the mobo drivers but going try this app to be sure Can someone please point me in the right direction on how to solve this This is the first time I m installing replacing a mobo and cpu so should check if there is a wiring issue when I replaced all the parts back into the case Please let me know if more information is need to help resolve this I have a few more days left incase I have to RMA the mobo so any pointers would really be helpful before I decide to send it back if at all TIA Sreejit S nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-ud3h-bk-mobo-realtek-ac1150-onboard-sound-issue-very-low-volume-and-crackling.217321/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have been working on setting up a Minecraft server for a couple of days now and I cannot find a way to get my friends outside of my network to connect connect my to can't My server friends Minecraft I know I gave them the right IP address and I have tried several solutions with no luck I can however connect to the server from other computers connected to the same router but I think that only works when I have it set My friends can't connect to my Minecraft server to quot cracked quot mode I tried disabling my firewall on both my host computer and my router using a different computer as the server host and changing the port All solutions I have tried gave the same message to my friends quot Cannot reach server quot My friends can't connect to my Minecraft server when I was able to connect just fine Here is some possibly useful information Host computer It s not the best -OS Windows XP Professional SP -Processor Intel Pentium GHz uni-core -RAM MB -IP Address Minecraft Server -Version jar Router -Type Wired Wireless -Brand Cisco -Model Linksys E -IP Address -Router Information Firmware Version build Apr Firmware Verification e c b ec c b c ceb Current Time Fri Jan Internet MAC Address FC CB -Internet Connection Connection Type Automatic Configuration - DHCP Internet IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS DNS DNS MTU DHCP Lease Time Hour If there is My friends can't connect to my Minecraft server any other information you need please tell me nbsp

A:My friends can't connect to my Minecraft server

You need to forward some ports (router settings) and then open incoming port in your firewall (OS settings). Start here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-friends-cant-connect-to-my-minecraft-server.175806/
Relevancy 22.36%

SO close Help me get this ball across the goal line I have a old quot Microtek ScanMaker E quot scsi flatbed scanner that originally came with an ISA scsi interface to give you some idea of how old it is I connected it to my PC using a equally ancient Tekram F pci SCSI card c 64bit my got scanner Almost w/Win7 old working that I ve been using with bit WinXP Pro for years The scanner has an - quot x quot scanning bed dpi and bit color reproduction It works great and I see no reason to spend a few hundred dollars to replace it just for Win compatibility so I m trying to get it to work with the bit Almost got my old scanner working w/Win7 64bit version of Windows To complicate things the company that made my SCSI card Tekram went out of business years ago so the bit XP driver was the last they made But after MUCH Googling I found a bit Win compatible driver for another card using the same chipset and low amp behold Windows recognized it It then quot detected quot my scanner for the first time but didn t have a driver Again after much searching I found a Vista bit version of Microtek s quot ScanWizard quot scanner software with bit driver and now bit Windows detects my scanner Yeah But when I try to access the scanner I get an error telling me I quot must install Color Matching System first quot for the scanner to work I don t remember any such software being needed to use the scanner with XP and there is no such program in the ScanWizard software I just installed searching online suggests I will also need to run an quot ICC Color Profiler quot Anyone have any ideas So close yet so far I love doing things I was told were quot impossible quot Help nbsp

A:Almost got my old scanner working w/Win7 64bit

That Microtek ScanMaker E3 scsi flatbed scanner ... didn't even work well with Windows XP... and the cost in time and components to attempt to make it work are much higher than a decent Canon or Epson scanner which can be had fof $40... Less if used...

On what system are you runny SCSI ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/almost-got-my-old-scanner-working-w-win7-64bit.157055/
Relevancy 9.46%

I recently used a program Autoruns,, and deleted some startup things I shouldn't have.. Since then I cant connect to internet, the troubleshooter for wireless adapter says the Windows wireless service is not running on this computer (WLAN Autoconfig service) and fails to start the service.
I notice on windows task manager there are only about 13 Processes running and there are usually about 20, and on Services there are about 40 running and about 100 or more stopped services. Thanks for the help

Also on startup now I have a pop up on bottom saying, Failed to connect to a windows service. Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond. And the startup and logon time is really long now

A:Windows 7 can't connect to internet through Wifi or ethernet cable

Sounds like you deleted the network drivers, I did this once and ill be honest unless someone here knows a trick, or you have a CD with drivers you are going to have to have a hell of a time unless you know the name of the hardware and download the right driver, thats my guess. best of luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-cant-connect-to-internet-through-wifi-or-ethernet-cable.200026/
Relevancy 9.46%

The second quarter of 2015 saw the sharpest decline in global PC shipments in close to two years and once again serves as a reminder that last year's brief resurgence was little more than a fluke.

Read more

A:PC shipments continue freefall ahead of Windows 10's arrival

Nobody needs to upgrade every three years now. You can easily hold your hardware for up to 10 years if you really want to.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-shipments-continue-freefall-ahead-of-windows-10s-arrival.216415/
Relevancy 9.89%

I can not find any DirectX compatible graphics when I try to play the Sims 2 for the Windows XP. Please Help Me! But I do not have any internet though.

A:Sims 2 on Windows XP

Try this page for help and then let us know what the outcome is.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri?gameName=the-sims-2&itemId=10222&p=r

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sims-2-on-windows-xp.216418/
Relevancy 9.89%

I have previously on a different PC recorded the stereo mix in Audacity, whilst playing a CD and would get the full frequency range of the CD. On my current PC I now get a 20khz cut off, despite changing the settings (the sample rate and bit despth) on the playback and recording devices in Windows and also in Audacity. Does anyone know why this would be, and if there is any way of correcting it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-windows-20khz-cut-off.216409/
Relevancy 9.46%

Okay so for the past several hours I ve gone through the throes of attempting to get my Asus laptop s built-in webcam to work I took a on laptop cannot Windows 7 webcam the built-in Asus detect my look at Device Manager and had found two items titled quot Base System Device quot or something to that effect I don t quite remember and I thought that one of them would be the webcam Well after searching for the mystery items Hardware ID on Google I had Windows 7 cannot detect the built-in webcam on my Asus laptop discovered that these devices were in fact not the webcam Then I had used the quot Add a Device quot option under Devices and Printers in the Control Panel to try and find the webcam After letting it churn for ten minutes it appeared that Windows wasn t even searching anymore and I was staring at a blank window for nothing The only clue I have about the situation is after running DriverEasy it listed quot USB M UVC WebCam quot as a needed update but it also said quot unplugged quot beside the selection and was highlighted in red After attempting to download and install the driver the program had given me some Packard-Bell webcam driver that is most definitely not correct Packard-Bell still exists This had all started however when I made a clean install of Windows I had just spent the last two days scouring the web digging up my lost drivers and programs that had come with the laptop Everything s been successful save for this one element My webcam is lost somewhere in my laptop I just can t get to it If anyone has any ideas as to what s happened and yes I know it s a possibility the wiring is shot and how to fix the issue please give me any tips that you can I ve done everything possible in my power including trying to find the drivers but you obviously can t install drivers for devices that Windows doesn t even detect Oh before I forget my laptop model is Asus x v B if that helps in any way nbsp

A:Windows 7 cannot detect the built-in webcam on my Asus laptop

Was this laptop purchased with Windows 7 as the OS that was installed on it ? Or did it come with Windows Vista and you just wiped it out and put Windows 7 on yourself??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-cannot-detect-the-built-in-webcam-on-my-asus-laptop.155636/
Relevancy 9.46%

Hi all,
I am new to this forum..
To start, I had just bought an ASUS computer.. wanting to play games like borderlands 1, left for dead 2 etc. But, when I was very trilled waiting to start the games, both of them had blacked screen and forced shutdown my computer every time after the game has been launched!
I had done many researches in the net, changing the registry values in directx11, reinstalling the NVIDIA drivers (halfway black screen upon reinstalling), changing the compatibility to Windows 7, adding missing physxcudart_20 to the games...None of them works..T-T
Any help is greatly appreciated!

A:Unable to install Nvidia driver and also to play games on Windows 8.1

I'd recommend to do the following:

Perform a clean install of Windows

Re-install Nvidia drivers
Download CPU-Z and GPU-Z (or any CPU and GPU monitoring software)
Monitor both while attempting to play games - check for temperature spikes.
Doing the above will help you rule out a lot of potential issues that are causing your problems. The clean windows install will get rid of any OS related issues. You never want to touch the windows registry unless you really have to, especially if you're not very well versed in the way it works. It can cause way more harm than good. With that said, the system crashes were probably due to a bad driver instillation and was causing a BSOD - most modern systems are set to restart / shutdown when this happens. You'll never know it happened unless you changed the configuration to stop the automatic shutdown. It could also be temperature related, if your CPU or GPU overheats, it'll typically trigger a system crash as well and result in the same BSOD sequence.

Let me know how it goes after you've tried what I've mentioned.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-install-nvidia-driver-and-also-to-play-games-on-windows-8-1.213781/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi All,
This is my first post here
So the issue I am facing is that I have a Dell Laptop with dual graphics card (Intel(R) 4400 integrated and AMD Radeon 8850m dedicated). The System would not detect any AMD driver installed on it. The device manager was showing only the Intel Graphics Card being installed .
Then I went on to uninstall the Catalyst Command Center from Control Panel, wherein I completely uninstalled the AMD Graphics driver and everything related to it.
Now, AMD is not at all being recognized by my system. Device manager doesnt show it even in hidden devices, DriverEasy scan doesnt read it, Even Dell System detect is failing to detect the AMD graphics Card.

How do I proceed ahead with this issue.

Have I somehow unmounted the hardware internally?
Is there anyway besides a factory reset to get this working again ( I have concerns with a factory reset also not helping me )
What system scan tools can I use to get my laptop to recognize the Device again?
Please Help
Thanks In Advance

A:AMD Radeon 8850m device is missing

Have you tried going to Dell support site and down loading the orginal drivers and software for your graphics.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-radeon-8850m-device-is-missing.215797/
Relevancy 33.97%

Today marked the launch of AMD's new 300 Series graphics cards but truth be told, most everyone is waiting to see what kind of performance the upcoming Radeon Fury X can lay down. Some reviewers already have AMD's latest hardware...

Read more

A:Surprise! AMD shares internal Fury X benchmarks ahead of review embargo

They are 4GB of RAM short of the promise they made, but they are 10 miles ahead in their Red vs Green B.S.

I like green colours much better though

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/surprise-amd-shares-internal-fury-x-benchmarks-ahead-of-review-embargo.215425/
Relevancy 9.89%

I'm trying to connect my PC and my Asus Zenfone 2 with Bluetooth. When I use the "add a device" wizard on Windows 8.1, my mobile phone is detected, but when I try to add it I get: "Windows doesn't have a network profile for this device".

Also, when I try to detect my computer with my mobile phone, itīs not detected.

I'm using a Trust USB 2.0 dongle Bluetooth adapter (the little one you insert on the usb port) that came with a keyboard and mouse Bluetooth set that I used. Could that dongle be designed only for the bluetooth keyboard and mouse set?

A:I cannot connect my phone to my PC (Windows 8.1) with Bluetooth

The Bluetooth device seems fine as it already detected your keyboard and mouse. However, your phone seems not supported with the current Bluetooth device and you might need to take another look.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cannot-connect-my-phone-to-my-pc-windows-8-1-with-bluetooth.215646/
Relevancy 9.46%

Infinity displays are all the rage among notebook buyers these days. Dell's XPS 13 (2015) was an excellent example of what's possible when it launched earlier this year and now, they're bringing the gorgeous screen to its bigger brother. ...

Read more

A:Dell's revised XPS 15 includes gorgeous Infinity display, Windows 10

What's an Infinity screen?... Short answers please, I'm not interested enough to Google it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dells-revised-xps-15-includes-gorgeous-infinity-display-windows-10.213699/
Relevancy 9.46%

Much of the tech press regularly overlooks PCs for wearables, smart homes, and IoT-related topics but, in the real world and to many people, PCs still matter a lot. So, this week's news out of Redmond and Taipei (where the...

Read more

A:Windows 10, Skylake & Thunderbolt 3 bring the most compelling reasons to upgrade in a long while

Sorry.
No matter what others think about W10.
THIS is not a reason for an upgrade, if one has a choice.
Stay away from -remote host,-cloud centered OS.
Take your hardware and host your stuff by yourself.
Do not accept crippled OS (what unfortunaly OS X (since making iCloud a default location for files, belongs to).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-10-skylake-thunderbolt-3-bring-the-most-compelling-reasons-to-upgrade-in-a-long-while.213622/
Relevancy 9.46%

Hi

Thanks for any help in advance..

I own a WD MyBook 4TB hard drive, which I've used on Windows for the past 2 years. I got a macbook last week and hooked the drive into it, some error message came up so I figured it wouldn't work, however when I went to plug it back into my windows machine I got the "USB device not recognised" message, the laptop is windows 8. I then tried it on my fathers windows xp computer and it seemed to think it was a completely new hard drive..

I've done some googling on it but I just wanted to ask here incase I went formatting it by mistake or anything..any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A:External USB hard drive not recognised on Windows after plugging it into a Mac

Sounds like you made some procedural error, allowing the Mac to alter the partition - - bad choice.

Using Windows tools, examine the partition on that drive - - should show up as
somelabel (dl): size HTFS
Healthy (other qualifiers)​
Try Control Panel ->Admin Tools->Computer Mgmt->Disk Mgmt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-usb-hard-drive-not-recognised-on-windows-after-plugging-it-into-a-mac.200827/
Relevancy 9.89%

Hi I would appreciate if someone could help me please The problem I have has been going on since about the time I formatted my PC and reinstalled Windows Had issues with BSOD on install because of my graphics card seem to have been slighty dislogded See http www techspot com vb topic html Okey the problem is my mouse keeps freezing up after a while and after moving it or clicking a couple times it works again When this happens I get either a beep or the usb disconnect connect sound depending on which mouse is being used Current using Windows mouse issues freezing 7 Bluetooth Apple Magic Mouse connecting to a generic Windows 7 mouse freezing issues bluetooth dongle this makes a beep when Windows 7 mouse freezing issues it freezes The USB Wireless Logitech Dongle Logitech Mouse I had before this made disconnect connect sound The USB Wired Mouse before the Logitech also made disconnect connect sound I have tried to work around this using several methods but have had no luck Steps taken to try and rectify issue Changed mouse I am on my th mouse now I will not change for another again the mouse is not the problem Tried all the mouses on other computers where they all worked fine I have switched ports on numerous occasions all other device work with no problem keyboard touch screen monitor external hard drive s usb flash I have removed conflicting hardware and ensured only on mouse is plugged in also removed touchscreen cable from monitor I have gone to Device Manager and set USB Root Hub and Power Management tab and unchecked quot Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power quot on all devices I have removed drivers for all other mouse s used previously I have disabled C E as this uses some power saving methods I have check Event Viewer which only has networking errors which all forward to my network drive I have run System File Checker SFC sfc scannow I need to know whether Windows is the issue or whether its the usb ports Can anyone please help me as it is now really bothering me I can t even play Battlefield games Thanks nbsp

A:Windows 7 mouse freezing issues

This is a problem I have not seen before. Try using this guide to find any other mouse drivers that you may not have deleted.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/remove-old-drivers-after-upgrading-to-new-hardware/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-mouse-freezing-issues.164226/
Relevancy 19.78%

I've got my build together to use a Socket 1150. I have read that one of these CPU's does not have the full/latest instruction set vs. the others. Overclocking is not important to me but I will buy the "K" series if it has the fullest instruction set.

Can anyone enlighten me further on this?

Thanks.

A:I7-4770 vs. i7-4771 vs. i7-4770K - Which has missing instruction set vs. the other 2?

http://ark.intel.com/products/75123

http://ark.intel.com/products/77656/

http://ark.intel.com/products/75122/

They all have the same instruction sets according to the intel site, unless im missing something, which one are you reffering to.

Those are essentially the same chip, just different clock speeds and 1 is unlocked.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i7-4770-vs-i7-4771-vs-i7-4770k-which-has-missing-instruction-set-vs-the-other-2.197871/
Relevancy 9.46%

Ahead of tomorrow's launch of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Nvidia has released a new GeForce graphics card driver that's Game Ready for the open-world action RPG. The GeForce 352.86 drivers are also WHQL certified, meaning they are stable enough for everyday...

Read more

A:Nvidia releases new GeForce WHQL drivers for The Witcher 3, Windows 10

Mine were updated hours ago, you just can't beat GFE for this sort of thing (or for game display settings optimisation as far as I'm concerned, it works for me).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-releases-new-geforce-whql-drivers-for-the-witcher-3-windows-10.213202/
Relevancy 21.5%

A few months ago I made a minecraft server and it worked perfectly. Today I tried to join with external ip and it didnt work but I could before.Is it something important? Is my server working? Is it the router's problem?
I would appreciate any help as soon as possible

Btw my ip is 46.12.115.127

A:Minecraft Server Problem

@ 13:50 PDT I can not ping that IP from Southern Calif.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/minecraft-server-problem.212628/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hello,

I need some professional help.
My computer:
AMD a10
4fb RAM
R9270x BY XFX
NOW, without the graphics card the computer runs fine. When I install the ddriver's for the r9 it will work, but eventually the display driver stopped working makes its way back.

I've ran all diagnostics on the memory and checked temperstures which all turned out to be fine.

I sent the card into xfx and they returned it saying it's fine.

WTF DO I DO MATES. I think it's the card....but that's just me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-and-display-driver-issue.212301/
Relevancy 9.46%

I have a Gateway NE56R and ever since I updated to windows 8.1 I cannot use the internet at home even though it says it is connected to WiFi, but it works at other places. Please help asap

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-ne56r-wifi-doesnt-work-at-home-after-windows-8-1-update.212135/
Relevancy 12.47%

I have on same HD-500GB win7 and win xp. I conect another HD-320GB in sata drive. Bios recognize both HD, win 7 too, but win xp recognize only HD-500GB. When I go to disk manager in win xp it's same problem I only see one HD-500GB. Please help me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-recognize-hd-but-windows-xp-cannot.211791/
Relevancy 18.49%

As the title implies I m currently having issues the first major issue is that my PC is turning on off and which the second is that my other hard drive suddenly up and Issue Invisible & HDD Computer Grounding disappeared on me My computer started to turn on and off on me for no reason while I was trouble shooting my initial problem of the HDD when I fiddled around inside my case Eventually ripping everything out of the case and quot card-boarding quot the motherboard which it worked and stayed on and as I gradually put everything back together it was all good until I sat the motherboard back onto the brass copper studs that sits inside the frame and screwed it in At that point my computer started to turn on and off again which lead me to believe it s some manner of a grounding issue Computer Grounding Issue & Invisible HDD I have no clue on what to do at this point about going about this should I just get a new case made of plastic My current full tower case is all steel While I was watching a movie which was stored on my second hard drive is started to freeze lag repeat all that good stuff on me It froze my computer up completely and I was force to hard reset the computer when I booted my PC back up I found that my second hard drive had up and vanished on me So I went into my bios and saw it quot working quot I switch to ACHI to see if it ll make a difference but I got a BSoD so I left it at IDE At that point my computer gave me the option to quot repair windoe files quot or start normally Both options made my computer get stuck on the loading screen thankfully safe mode boots up fine So what could had caused this and how may I go about fixing it nbsp

A:Computer Grounding Issue & Invisible HDD

I also swapped out the PSU with a spare I had lying around, didn't get any power from it so I reused my old one. Now I don't have power from that one either. So besides the "missing" HDD and a suddenly a "no longer working PSU "I'm assuming the motherboard is bad, opinions?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-grounding-issue-invisible-hdd.211499/
Relevancy 18.92%

Ever since I setup a KVM switch to have 2 computers sharing 1 monitor/keyboard/mouse, I have had monitor problems.

There is a subtle but noticeable wobble/ wavey-ness thing happening across the screen when connected to one of my computers (my AMD).

Also, my display (with AMD computer) has a stretched horizontally look. I have tried different screen resolutions but they all give this stretched look which I didn't have before.

And my AMD used to give 1920 x 1080 as an option for max resolution, but this is now capped at 1600 x 1200.

Please help as this is very annoying & looks awful. The specs of the KVM switch say "Max. Resolution: 1920 x 1440. Bandwidth: 200MHZ"

My AMD computer:
Windows 7 64 bit SP1.
AMD Athlon II X4 620 2.6GHz.
4GB Ram.

Philips 226V3L.

Video card ATI Radeon HD 4350

A:KVM issue with monitor

What is the make and model of the KVM switch you purchased? I have tried lower quality switches at my work and found similar results. Ended up having to get one of the more expensive / better brand ones that solved the issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kvm-issue-with-monitor.210931/
Relevancy 18.49%

My Dell has been acting up pretty recently (6 months old and still under warranty), and the battery does not charge past 80%. Once it get's near the 80% charge, it immediately fills up to 100%.

I've remembered using the laptop for more than 6 hours under moderate use but now it barely lasts 2 hours.

Please give me some advice because I'm really dependent on this laptop.

A:Dell Inspiron 3437 Battery Issue

You have 6 or 8 cells battery. If 6 it's normall. Should work about 2-max 3 hours when new. On 8 cells could work till 5 h.
Producers give only 6 months of warranty on bateries

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-3437-battery-issue.210804/
Relevancy 9.46%

Hello I apologize in advance for my almost complete lack of computer knowledge That said my PC was built for me by one of the IT guys at work who has since moved on I can t scare him card Good with Windows 7? graphics compatible up from his last known email addy So I m sort of out there drifting on this stuff trying to find any help I can The PC is connected to the home theater system TV through HDMI About weeks ago and video from the internet stopped producing sound In addition the PC doesn t Good graphics card compatible with Windows 7? play audio dvds anymore And when I click on the samples in the library I can t play them either I m assuming without knowing the graphics card is shot I think it s about four years old I opened up the box pulled out the graphics card I didn t make a note of manufacturer model but my device manager says it s nvidia and the driver is up to date and cleaned it I plugged it back in still no sound I can play youtube videos or stream online content but none of it has sound Does it sound to you guys like I need a new graphics card If so I need a recommendation for a better than average one that is compatible with windows professional something in the range or so Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Good graphics card compatible with Windows 7?

Open up nVidia Control Panel.
Under Display select "Set up Digital Audio".
Verify settings to make sure they are correctly set up to send audio.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-graphics-card-compatible-with-windows-7.210597/
Relevancy 9.46%

A while ago, after accidentally opening the Store app, Windows forced me to restart to install Windows 8.1, which I was unable to weeks before because of driver issues. I didn't need Windows 8.1 yet, so I didn't download it before then.

However, during the installation, it failed (again) due to either my antivirus or the aforementioned driver issues. Upon logging back in, my computer was unable to find any WiFi networks. Seeing as I live in the middle of a densely populated city, this isn't possible. Plugging in an ethernet cord still works, so no issues with that adapter or my home internet. I checked all the drivers for my WiFi adapter, and my Ethernet adapter, and both are up to date and display as working properly. Restarting several times didn't seem to fix this issue, and using system restore didn't seem to work either. I used the Troubleshooting tool, and that didn't give my any helpful advice or answers, so I got nothing.

What can I do to fix this issue?

For reference, I have a Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter, Driver Version 6.30.95.14, and a Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller, Driver Version 2.1.0.7.

A:Unable to connect to WiFi after failed Windows 8.1 update

Never mind, it seems to have resolved itself overnight after I put it to sleep for several hours.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-wifi-after-failed-windows-8-1-update.210268/
Relevancy 18.49%

I recently got this amazing p monitor for my custom rig and I love it Well most of it There is this problem with the backlight where when the monitor turns on after a while of inactivity the backlight turns on Monitor Backlight ASUS an with Issue VK-248h for a split second Issue with an ASUS VK-248h Monitor Backlight then suddenly goes very dim Issue with an ASUS VK-248h Monitor Backlight The brightness setting Issue with an ASUS VK-248h Monitor Backlight is unchanged kept at a solid yet it s a quarter as bright as it should be I can go into the menu and change the brightness and I can tell faintly that it does adjust but never up to the proper level To remedy the issue I repeatedly turn the monitor off and on until the display finally lights up properly and it stays that way for the entire time I am using it At the start of the session in which I write this post I had to do this at least times before it worked so I finally decided to really look into this problem It seems this is a unique issue as I found absolutely no matching posts on the interwebs by searching with the all-mighty Google Search Is there anyone that can provide some insight as to why this occurs and or how to fix it Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Issue with an ASUS VK-248h Monitor Backlight

New theory: Bad capacitors... somewhere. Possibly power supply

After a day at work, observing some coworkers working on used LCD TVs (and working on one myself), I now understand quite a bit more about such things.

I had removed the display from my setup and left it on the floor for a few days. Today, I decided to try it again. The backlight started up perfectly fine, surprisingly. The ASUS screen showed for a couple seconds, then went off, as normal. Then, when it's supposed to activate the selected display input, it shows the screen for just long enough to get half a frame drawn, then goes completely black. Turning monitor off and on repeatedly, and trying different input methods, gave same result. I got it to work once, but at that time the backlight had gone too dim again.

I think now I might know how to fix it, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to take the dang thing apart! Lol.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issue-with-an-asus-vk-248h-monitor-backlight.209650/
Relevancy 9.46%

Hello all!

I wonder if anyone could help me shed some light on the best process for the above subject.

I currently have a Dell Studio XPS 435MT (Vista 64bit) running two HDD's in RAID 0 (as from factory) I need to install Windows 7 64bit and would like to also install it onto the new SSD I have bought (Crucial 128GB) as an upgrade.

Could I simply take the current HDD's out (after backing up essential data) to keep safe as backup plan and add the SSD into slot 0 and install Windows 7?? Then possibly add say a 1tb storage drive to the system later?

One solution someone has sent my way is to clone the two 500gb RAID 0 drives to a single 1tb drive then install Windows 7 onto the new SSD and have both drives on a multiboot? Could this work?

I have seen/heard many versions of how to go about this install but no real evidence of a true way?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Poke13

A:Dell Studio XPS 435MT - Installing SSD and Windows 7 64bit

It takes 3-500GB drives to give you 1.3TB of storage space because of formatting over-head. 2-500GB drives will be considerably less than 1TB. Keep the 2-500's in a single RAID array and set the SSD as a separate partition for Windows 7

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-xps-435mt-installing-ssd-and-windows-7-64bit.199415/
Relevancy 9.89%

Is there a way to connect a displayport monitor to an IBM style PC? Found a new monitor in my brother-in-law estate and was wonder if there is a way to use it. Thanks for any help

A:How can I run a displayPort monitor on a PC using Windows 7

If the monitor and the video card in u'r computer have the same connections, and u have a power cable for it. It should work if it is new as u say. Try it and see. That should not cost anything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-run-a-displayport-monitor-on-a-pc-using-windows-7.209543/
Relevancy 24.51%

My system has starting to slow down and sometimes stop when on the net. Seems to be when waiting for a reply to a request like opening a web site. When opening my email I have to wait for a minute because when the page opens and I start to type the screen go blank and the page will redisplay....any thing that I typed will be gone. System is running on an ethernet cable. More problems seems to be when I back page it will take some time before the page will display. Has at times just hang and will not go back.

Another weird problem is when I try to download Flash Player it will not let it download. Just hangs and does nothing.

These program are more on Chrome than on Firefox. Also when I send it my work timesheet Chrome will not display the reply from my company but Firefox will. AT&T has run several test on the DSL line and said all is OK. Eithernet card problem maybe? I am beginning to think maybe a complete system failure is coming.

BTW...Lap top runs fine on wireless.

A:Weird problem when on the Net

Disable all browser extensions and add-ons, quit the browser and relaunch it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-problem-when-on-the-net.209544/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi all,

I'm working on a XP machine. I think its slowness when installing apps (and also when its installation) is because of the HDD issue. Maybe there are bad sectors. I know that using C:\ drive properties -> tools, I can test the C: drive for bad sectors. But how to see the results!? It's wants me to restart the PC. Is there any log file after finishing of the test?
Is there any better way to find and solve the issue please?

A:HDD issue

The better way is to run a true diagnostic utility like SeaTools. Run a Long Generic test on the drive and see what happens (this will take a while).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-issue.209045/
Relevancy 9.89%

Hi all I have a problem thats been ongoing for months and I just cant get it solved so im hoping you can help The problem is that whenever someone speaks in teamspeak ventrilo skype insertvoiphere my game volume drops to almost nil This volumes game Windows ducking is not a problem tied to any individual app as ive been through all the individual fixes to no avail such as volume control plugin disabled etc And the fact that every single voip program does it leads me to it being a windows option somewhere I have also gone into the sounds gt communication and have that set to do nothing It still happens It is not just with Windows ducking game volumes game either I tried different games and the sounds on every single one duck out when someone talks Also another note it also ducks out when I click to run any program on my pc via admin You know when the box pops up asking you if you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer where you click yes When the box pops up and it goes quot beep beep quot at that exact moment the game volume ducks out note - its only ducking game volumes too it doesnt duck out media player youtube vids or anything like this Please please if anyone can help me solve this issue it would be so appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Windows ducking game volumes

I'm assuming that you are on Windows 7? Go to the sound icon on the bottom-right of the desktop, right click and select playback devices. Right click on your default device (Either speakers or an integrated chip set normally) and select properties. Go to the advanced tab and make sure that the Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device box is un-ticked.. and make sure that the give exclusive mode applications prioirty is un-ticked, then report back to see if it has worked (Don't forgot to apply and OK the changes).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-ducking-game-volumes.192988/
Relevancy 9.89%

Hi, a friend of mine has dropped off a Mac HD to recover some pictures for him. He supplied the HD and a ProBox HDF-SU2. This I would think to be plug and play but no matter what I do including swapping to known good USB sockets the ext dive is not being seen. Windows is not even offering to install a driver for the ProBox HDF-SU2. Any help gratefully received. TIA

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/probox-hdf-su2-ext-hd-enclosure-not-seen-by-windows-7.209068/
Relevancy 22.79%

The $35 Raspberry Pi 2 launched earlier this month sporting a wealth of upgrades and apparently, one of the most peculiar hardware bugs in recent memory.

Read more

A:Weird bug alert: A simple xenon camera flash can crash a Raspberry Pi 2

Wow.
Reminds me of what a big solar flare could do.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-bug-alert-a-simple-xenon-camera-flash-can-crash-a-raspberry-pi-2.208723/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi forum I have changed my power supply because my ex power supply involved in the problem specs was Watt Watt Real model GP B Green with that before it crash down my system was boot up correctly after I hit the Power On button on top of my chassis since a few days ago that I ve bought a new PSU with this spec Green Watt Real OC edition model GP B GOLD plus Gold now the problem is every time I want to turn on my PC first it doesn t boot up but it s powered on and all hardware are in correct position and nothing s weird just actually do nothing until I push or times Reset button or Power button from chassis and then after a while when it re-started again everything goes well and system will boot up perfectly note - new results and experience I decided to have had some tests so I told by myself let s check the computer when it s powered off recently and I did uninterrupted turn it back ON again so it worked I tried several times to power On and power Off shutting down from windows and it worked so I get that when my machine is powered off for half an hour or maybe several hours then it should be handle after my problem PSU changing Weird this problem Weird problem after changing my PSU which I mention and This test was a huge leap in my opinion pluralization - I m thinking maybe it refers to my new and fresh PSU maybe it has a new system delay interrupt or maybe optional Weird problem after changing my PSU setting that can help through this - maybe the problem is related to the cables I m not sure because I double checked the cables and all connections before - if problem is related to the Capacitors so in this case Capacitors are usually swollen but there is no sign of this condition I also double checked Capacitors for assurance - especially this PSU is the best kind of high power supplies and it s new no sign of ripple noise or any suspicious signs of its internal hardware - so we can say no MOBO suspicious no PSU suspicious no Graphics suspicious anything but only RAM at this point we can say maybe problem is refers to the RAM modules because I haven t test it yet and I hope it is nothing to worry - according to recent test we can assuming there should be a common setting or case that helping us through this because if there was a problem with any kind of hardware then why when I test it repeatedly ON OFF uninterrupted there was no sign of a problem and one more thing remember not to there is no sign or overheating of any kind of my hardware too I m always aware about this any help will appreciate in advance Thanks System Specs OS - Win Enterprise x CPU - i Video - GTX Mobo - Asus P X D Premium x chip RAM - GB Corsair XMP x GB MHz nbsp

A:Weird problem after changing my PSU

Any suggestion ? HELLOOOO?anybody's home?game time..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-problem-after-changing-my-psu.208889/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello everyone
so I have gameserer hosting website
and all my server I rent them from some website
now I have 2 server in my home but I will sell it
and I want to buy new one
but I don't know what is the beast part I have to get it ?
should I get E5 or E3 ? and 1cpu or 2cpu ?
I will host on it some game and its MineCraft and some other game from valve
the other game from valve is
Counter 1.6,scours,go
Garry's mod
Team Fortress 2

so what is the largest server can I have so I can host as many as I can on it ? and about the price I don't care to much on it so if you can just give me something good
I think I will host at less 20-30 servers on it

so what can you advise me ?

A:Bulid servers for Game-Server

Well I would do some researching on what people use for their servers because I don't have much knowledge personally on game servers. What I can provide though is insight on how the parts differ.

A Xeon E5 is based on a completely server-oriented architecture while the E3 is supposedly just a more high-quality binned i7.

I would read up more on server hosting requirements/what is best more in depth than I did below, but the consensus seems to be that the E3 or E5 is fine with lots of RAM. Keep in mind, the E5 can have twice as much RAM as the E3. Another thing to keep in mind is whether the game is multi-threaded or single threaded and the tick-rate of the server. If you have more players and the game is multi-threaded (Minecraft isn't for example if I am not mistaken), then go for the E5 just to be safe.

I was researching online about the CS:GO server requirements and came across this forum post and they linked to this dedicated server wiki page. Since Garry's Mod, CS:GO, and TF2 run on the same engine, the requirements should technically be the same. Minecraft isn't really too demanding either so you should be fine basing the server on Source games. Here are the requirements for a Minecraft server. It seems to me like the servers don't need much horsepower.

Here is another useful forum thread that will provide the best insight.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bulid-servers-for-game-server.208926/
Relevancy 9.89%

Hi guys, I have set up a RAID 0 array using an XFX Revo64 controller card and the Netcell bios setup that cones with it. According to the Netcell bios the array is working but booting into 8.1 I cannot find the drive in explorer and device manager shows the Revo64 as "Generic Mass Storage Controller ".

I am very new to Raid this is the first array I have tried to setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Kind regards,
Jay

A:Windows 8.1 cannot find RAID array

Why not use the RAID card as more sata ports and then use windows to make your RAID array? I've never used a controller but im sure that it would work for that purpose.
just go on youtube and find a video on how to setup RAID in windows 8. I know its possible for windows 7 to im pretty sure 8.1 will have it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-8-1-cannot-find-raid-array.208501/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi All I have a strange one here I connect to the net via my Belkin router nothing special about the setup of the router My main pc however I have configured to use a static IP for downloading purposes I have used the same IPV settings for a number of years with no dramas Last night I switched on the PC and connected to the Internet but after a few minutes I got the no internet connection symbol yellow triangle I am connected via networking plugs also so tried the see if they were the issue but they are fine I ran the windows troubleshoot wizard and it came back with Your computer is trying to use a DNS server that is incorrect or doesn t exist I removed my static IP details and tried to connect by obtaining IP details automatically but this had no effect I used my phone s internet connection DNS Issue to google this DNS Issue and was advised to try which I then reinput my static ip details but this time putting the google dns settings and I can connect to the net The wierd thing is that my wifi will not connect to the net my DNS Issue question really is do I need to update the DNS setting in my router in order to get wifi working or should I be flushing DNS on pc the wifi is for my Ipad so not a lot DNS Issue I can do on that to connect Making my brain ache a bit sorry for the long post any help or advice would be appreciated Arvon nbsp

A:DNS Issue

Yes, you can set the DNS addresses in the router manually and then every device connected to that router will inherit your settings when they are configured to you DHCP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-issue.208570/
Relevancy 21.5%

I am deeply sorry to post this silly question but here is my problem:
Recently I made my mc server, I port-forwarded the 25565 port and my friends joined and the server worked perfectly. Then all of a sudden, they disconnected all at once. After some investigation I realized that my external ip adress had changed. I kept giving my friends the new ip adresses every time they changed but that seemed like not the best solution. Also I checked and my ips are static. I have some screenshots containing the problems and info here.

I used PortForward Network Utilities to make the ips static and every one is static and the external ip keeps changing. Is there a way to stop the external ip from changing or no?
P.s. DHCP is not enabled on LAN.
Sry for my derpy tech language if you don't understand anything just ask

A:My friends get disconnected to my Minecraft server

Okay, that is a legit issue. Your external IP address is provided by your Internet Service Provider. It seems as if they either have it set to switch IP addresses constantly, or they're doing that just to you to prevent you using a server unless you pay more money for a static IP. My local provider refreshes my IP very rarely, but I have had it happen in the past and it did confuse me for a bit. Call up your ISP about the problem, and see if you can figure out a way to stop it. I wouldn't imagine it adding too much more to your internet bill, but I honestly don't know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-friends-get-disconnected-to-my-minecraft-server.208559/
Relevancy 18.06%

I m doing this on my Toshiba laptop at the moment and you ll see why later in this post Earlier today I acquired an ASUS Z C notebook and had noticed that the keyboard is acting rather strange Certain keys will also register other keys when pressed Here s which ones react this ASUS Issue Z54C/X54C Mapping Keyboard way letters are not case sensitive U will also register Zero will register registers registers R W registers S ASUS Z54C/X54C Keyboard Mapping Issue I I places a Date Stamp this might be the problem There may be others but I d like to move on to the behavior the way this behaves is if I press the key U then quot u quot or quot U quot will show up depending on ASUS Z54C/X54C Keyboard Mapping Issue if I press Shift or not The same thing happens if I press the key This is the same for all others if I press one or the other of these keys in question the other appears with it At first I thought this was a problem with the copy of Windows that was installed so I installed Windows Tech Preview I was going to do so anyway However this behavior did not go away Looking for help and I d be more than happy to resolve this problem I should note that not all keys behave this way but that the majority of them work fine It s just that this should not be happening to begin with I ve also pulled the keyboard out and inspected it I didn t see any dried fluids or any obstructions in the keys Should I perhaps consider replacing the keyboard Sadly I have no USB keyboards to see if the behavior is isolated to the laptops primary keyboard although using the On-Screen Keyboard doesn t elicit this behavior nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-z54c-x54c-keyboard-mapping-issue.208302/
Relevancy 18.49%

Have an unusual mark on screen at startup then green lines and pink but otherwise pc ok cannot upload jpeg image for some reason

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-issue-dell-1520.208131/
Relevancy 16.34%

HI all I am having problems detecting the Xonar Pheobus and have tried all and 5 Rampage Asus Phoebus Xonar issue Asus Extreme the pcie slots with no luck Red and the grey - even the shorter grey slot Have disabled the motherboard s HD onboard Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue sound too and still not detected in my devices The pcie cable is connected to the sound card and I have enough PSU to power all - Enermax W When the card is inserted to the grey slots - The red light Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue is seen through the control extension box Headphone Microphone Connector Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue box jack ports However the green light is NOT seen AND the Xonar Phoebus logo on the card itself is lit powered up However when I insert the card into the red pcie slots these lights are not on One this else I noticed is the card DOES go warm over some time so tells me it is not switched off I tried to install the driver and I get a message no card detected etc etc Is there anyone kind enough to advise me their BIOS settings etc who has managed to get the Xonar to work properly Did you have to adjust any BIOS settings from default to get the card to be recognised Printscreens would be cool if it is not too much of a bother Thank you in advance Kind regards Killershadow nbsp

A:Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue

The question(s) I have is ->
Am I missing anything when attempting to install the sound card? I have tried with no GPU drivers (including the Nvidia sound for the GTX 750 ti sc) / disabled onboard HD sound and still the sound card not detected.
Even in this motherboard, it should detect the sound card regardless of what sound source is set as default and then allow me to install it and set it as default (without messing about with the BIOS)?
Maybe my sound card has died when moving it from the last computer - Static death.....................
Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-xonar-phoebus-and-asus-rampage-5-extreme-issue.208076/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hello All I am having a bit of a strange issue that I have with CPU Motherboard or Strange issue never run into before Yesterday after getting home from the store I booted up my PC and started to play a game although I noticed that I was getting framerate stuttering It seemed to keep dropping a lot throughout my play So I started taking a look at some of my sensor utilities Strange issue with CPU or Motherboard When I opened Asus Probe II I noticed that it was telling me that one of my chassis fans weren t running Okay no problem it must have gone bad I than took at look at the frequency and noticed that my AMD FX- was only running at GHz per core I also checked CPUZ and had the same results So I booted to the bios just to take a look and noticed that it show my Chassis fan WAS running fine and that my frequency was at GHz per core as it should So I though that it must be a fluke Booted back into windows and again same issues So I shutdown and took the side off my case which is also where the Chassis fan it said was running is located Turned the computer back on and noticed the fan was running fine I logged into windows and noticed that seconds after windows logs in that one chassis fan turns off and the CPU underclocks to GHz multiplier All of the other fans in my case still running perfectly GPU running fine HDD s running fine Could it be possible that Asus probe II itself is underclocking my CPU If so what would be causing the fan to shut off My first thought was power-supply but I have no issues when stressing my hardware even in this state I am an IT consultant but have not run into this issue before Any help would be greatly appreciated PC Specs- ASUS m a r Motherboard AMD FX- CPU CoolerMaster HYPER N CPU Cooler Kingston HyperX Blu GB x Galaxy Geforce GTX Ti OC w PowerSupply Cougar Evolution Full Tower Case Samsung gb SSD Let me know if you need any other information nbsp

A:Strange issue with CPU or Motherboard

CPU temperature too high?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-issue-with-cpu-or-motherboard.203184/
Relevancy 18.06%

So I have a Toshiba Portege r500 with no H/d & a second one for parts. When I went to take the H/D and pop it in I realized the H/D hook-up cables are different. The "parts laptop" has a "FMUSH1" cable connecting it to the sata drive. The newer Portege has a cable labeled " FMUPH2" (I'm assuming for an SSD?)

My Question is....Can easily swap them somehow or is there an adapter/converter possibly?

Thanks in advance for any possible help!

A:Fmuph2 HDD Cable Issue (Toshiba Portege R500)

So with more research I'm thinking I have a ZIF Tape (Cable) that previously connected to a 1.8 SSD which I now need to convert to a 2.5 sata connection.
I ordered a 24-Pin ZIF to SATA Adapter Connector Card off eBay. It comes with its own "ribbon" (Tape/cable whatever) as shown in the pic. Will I need to replace the ZIF from my mobo with it? or is it simply in case "you" need it?
Also just wondering could I have swapped out the sata ribbon (Fmush1) with the ZIF ribbon (Fmuph2) where they connect to the MoBo instead? (It's extremely difficult to get to on this model and the "clips" seem very fragile so I avoided attempting it)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fmuph2-hdd-cable-issue-toshiba-portege-r500.207530/
Relevancy 9.46%

hi guys wish you all a great new year.

im facing a very annoying issue with my laptop, some keys are not working, the left **** and the windows key I just don't know whats happening.

can someone please help mw with that.

thanks in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-7537-shift-and-windows-key-not-working.207933/
Relevancy 21.5%

I'm curious if there is any open source proxy-server-like software out there that I can use to accelerate web surfing. Amazon's Silk browser/platform for the Kindle, and Opera Mini do this for mobile clients; I'm mostly thinking about setting this up for laptop / desktop clients, so I'm not so interested in having a server render a webpage.

My setup is this: I have a few clients (my computers), on a high-latency internet connection. I have access to a relatively private server, which has an extremely fast internet connection.

Would setting up a proxy server on the server [machine] actually help connection speeds? I imagine things like Silk and Opera Mini compress data (don't send the same thing twice), and reduce the # of HTTP requests (for images, etc.). Would something like squid actually have the same effect? It seems to be targeted at the slow-website-server scenario.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-one-set-up-a-proxy-server-to-accelerate-web-browsing.207907/
Relevancy 9.46%

I have done everything I can think of. I have windows 7 64 bit. I have disabled/re-enabled sound cards, uninstalled/reinstalled drivers. I have checked all settings I possibly can think of. My head phones work GREAT and on startup I can hear the sound, but once in windows, no sounds through my speakers.

Any suggestions?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-hear-windows-startup-but-after-that-nothing-headphones-work-though.207890/
Relevancy 9.89%

Ive got a 2 yr old laptop that my parents bought for me at walmart of all places. I basically just use it for facebook, facebook games, and email. havent had any real issue til now. at first, when it was plugged in it would start up and let me log into windows but would immediately shut down. later it started going through a disk check when I turned it on and would shut off before it was complete. if the power cord was connected it would have a big red x over the power cord logo on the bottom right. I was going to factory reset it but I cannot get that far before it shuts off. bettery is fine and power cord is good. had them both tested. PLEASE HELP!!! IM VERY POOR SND CANNOT TAKE IT TO A REPAIR SHOP!! tyvm

A:Hp laptop w/ windows 7 trouble

It won't stay on long enough to do anything so this doesn't look promising. Have you tried removing the battery and just using the power brick?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laptop-w-windows-7-trouble.207751/
Relevancy 19.35%

My pc was getting heated nd fan was a bit noisy.
so cleaned my fan in a shop .when I returned home hardly 10 min my pc worked then shut down
again I went der he saw fan was not moving he pushed it a bit nd it started moving it worked for me till this this evening but again when I shut it down fr a while it gave me the same issue I removed the keypad tried to move the fan with my fingers nd its working now .....
whats the main issue

A:Fan issue

The fan is old and needs to be replaced.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fan-issue.207605/
Relevancy 18.92%

So I ve owned my P HM gaming laptop for around years now and for the most part I haven t had any issues However when I start my laptop it always defaults to booting off of the ethernet card even after switching my SSD to the position in the bios menu Normally this isn t that much of an issue as I can just cycle through the bios boot options using CTRL Laptop Boot issue ALT DEL The main issue that I am having now is that the last time I was using my laptop I used hibernate instead of the normal quot sleep quot or quot standby quot Now whenever I attempt to start my laptop up the message quot Resume from hibernate quot is on my screen which is normal except it tries to resume using the ethernet card If the laptop is in hibernate evidently I am not able to access the BIOS menu or cycle through my boot drives I have read that a way to fix this Laptop Boot issue might just be taking the battery out and letting any residual power that the motherboard might be running off of fade away over time I read that this normally only takes minutes or so I tried waiting minutes and it Laptop Boot issue didn t work so I just tried again but waited a few hours this time before putting the battery back in and attempting to start my laptop up The laptop is still attempting to boot from hibernate Does anyone know of any way to get to the BIOS menu from the hibernate screen Or does anyone know of anyway to fully shut off my laptop Laptop Boot issue to get rid of hibernate and just start up normally Any assistance would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Laptop Boot issue

it always defaults to booting off of the ethernet cardClick to expand...

This means that BIOS is not seeing any HD, marked Active and contains a bootable partition

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-boot-issue.207645/
Relevancy 30.96%

I am trying to set up my Windows Xp computer as a VPN server I have taken the initial steps I get to the Accept Xp setup VPN hanging server Windows incoming connections screen and click okay The computer hangs for about a minute or so and then comes up with the following message Incoming connections depend on Routing and Remote access Windows Xp VPN server setup hanging service which was unable to start For more information check the system event log I presumed I had to go to control panel performance and maintenance Administrative Tools Event viewer I have already made sure that Routing and Remote access are enabled as well as Telephony I could not find Netbios in the services list and don t know where to Windows Xp VPN server setup hanging look for it Also when I try to start Routing and Remote access service manually I get the following message Windows could not start Routing and Remote access on local computer For more information review the System Event Log If this is a non-Microsoft service contact the service vendor and refer to the service specific error code- Can some one give me a step by step walk through of how to resolve this issue so I can connect to that computer from work over the internet nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-vpn-server-setup-hanging.207658/
Relevancy 9.46%

Hello guys,
This is my first thread here, and my english is not that good also, so excuse me for any mistakes
I have my Prestigio PC for a 5 years and there were no problems. But today when I started the PC, a error occured.
On starting screen(American Megatrends GUI) there was written: "Primary IDE Slave: Not Detected" and after a few seconds my screen went black and "reboot and select proper Boot device or insert boot media into selected boot device and press a key" message appeared.
So I thought that I will just need to put my Win 7 CD to the CD-ROM, but then I found out I lost it while we were moving.
My BIOS is also saying that Primary IDE Slave is not detected
Is there any way to solve this problem? Is there any way to boot Win from USB?
Thank you for answers

Have a nice day!

A:Primary IDE Slave Not Detected on Windows 7 Ultimate

Open up the computer, check that the cables are properly 'seated' (pushed in all the way) on the drive and on the motherboard. I know you said it has worked for several years, but for it not to boot with the Primary IDE Slave not connected the only way that makes sense for this to happen is if the optical drive is jumpered to Master and the hard drive itself to Slave. That is a bit unusual. You typically would have your hard drive as Master and the optical as Slave. It doesn't really matter, as evidenced by it working in the past, it just isn't a 'normal' setup.

If the cables are seated properly (power and data), your drive could have failed.. 5 years is a decent lifespan for a hard drive.

You can make a bootable USB for Windows 7, although you can't without a working computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/primary-ide-slave-not-detected-on-windows-7-ultimate.207604/
Relevancy 9.89%

Hey guys, I was recently in the malware section, because my laptop had some problems and could not connect to the internet. Broni was very awesome and helped me clear my laptop up, but we still couldn't get it to connect to the internet. He advised me to come here for help.

I will link the previous thread, because there are some log files toward the end I think would be much more helpful than me explaining problems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/infected-laptop.206911/page-2#post-1444892

Thank you so much for any help.

A:Trouble connecting to internet (Windows 8)

Can you try to re-install the WiFi driver?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-connecting-to-internet-windows-8.207500/
Relevancy 21.5%

Every time I shut down my Inspiron 15 using windows 8.1 when I boot back up I get an error message proxy server not responding when I try to go online. I then have to go to the connections tab of internet options and click lan settings and uncheck use proxy server for your lan. Is there something I can do to get around having to do this every time I boot up?

A:Proxy server not responding

Never mind, I researched microsoft's website and reset ie settings to solve the problem,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/proxy-server-not-responding.207513/
Relevancy 9.89%

This all started after I reset the router putting in new pass code I m using same name of the old SSID When you click to Windows SSID was to unable connect on the wireless network connection on the name of my SSID on connect it saying Getting information from SSID this sounds like Windows was unable to connect to SSID good thing that windows can see the router and talk to it Type in the network key same thing looks like windows can see the router and talk Windows was unable to connect to SSID to it I type in the network key and OK Than it is saying windows was unable to connect to SSID name I have set up other computers and it can connect but this one computer running windows cannot I have the pass code down on paper and other computers can connect So wrong pass code is not the case The only thing I can think of is is computers using the old profile or my network card may need to be reset When I open networking sharing center and click on manage wireless networks I removed the old profiles in the list But I m not sure if there is still some kind of conflict or the old setting still there some where Well because I m using the same SSID despite the router reset and new pass code I m not sure why I cannot connect unless Windows was unable to connect to SSID the windows thinks I m connecting to the old SSID I tried to restart the computer and no change nbsp

A:Windows was unable to connect to SSID

Force the system to forget that SSD and then reboot.
Now look for it again and enter the passphrase.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-was-unable-to-connect-to-ssid.207365/
Relevancy 9.46%

I have a Windows 7 HP desktop system that is connected to the internet via an ethernet cable. The system says it is connected, and a ping confirms it is accessing the internet. BUT, all the browsers say the computer is not connected to the internet (tried Chrome, Firefox and IE). All of the Microsoft network adapters (6to4, ISATAP adapter, ISATAP adapter #2, Teredo Tunneling Adapter) shown under device manager cannot start (Code 10). the Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller is the only network adapter shown as working properly. What do I need to do to fix this? Let me know if there is any other information needed to help me.

A:Windows 7 computer says connect via ethernet and ping confirms but cannot get to any page

Does your router see this computer on the network?
Are you on Private Network or Home Network?
Is the IP address showing 192.168.x.x or is it showing 169.xx.xx.xx?

NIC network card you can do a few things. You can can disable it and re-able it.
Open dos prompt
type: ipconfig /flushdns
type: ipconfig /release
type: ipconfig /renew

Give this a sec or two.

Now under services.msc (use the control panel and type services)
Select view local services
Scroll down for
DHCP Client (right click and stop it) wait then right click and start it
DNS Client (right click and stop it) wait then right click and start it

If none of the above work go into the device manager. under control panel type: device manager. click on device manager

-Network adapters
-Realtek PCI-e this one uninstall the drivers (BUT DO NOT DELETE THEM)

Two options here.
One: Scan computer for new hardware changes
Two: Reboot the PC

Choose Two, because Windows will re-install the drivers and setup network card settings. for you. The Choosing One would do that same but you really want to flush out any prior issues that got you to this point.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-computer-says-connect-via-ethernet-and-ping-confirms-but-cannot-get-to-any-page.207373/
Relevancy 9.03%

I had a new PC so I thought I would do a recovery disk on a separate partition of my parent's disk. Turns out windows wipes out everything regardless of partition when it does that. So now lifelong memories are gone and I'm freaking out! I used EaseUS to make different partitions which were deleted. After I found that the partition I chose stayed the same size but was renamed RECOVERY and it had the recovery data in it. However the rest was "unused" and so I dragged the RECOVERY to make full use of the disk and then I started scanning it deeply with hard drive recovery software. I am now through scanning with my 2nd program now (1st one didn't give me the files I needed) and I'm using RecoverMyFiles. The problem is I'm not really getting back any of the files I had deleted by windows, but I get some stupid windows files which were probably deleted in the recovery process!! PLEASE help me!!! I am desperate. Future hanging in balance thank you.

A:Recovering Lifelong Memories from Windows Recovery-Wiped External Hard Drive

There are quite a few programs you could try, I have had most success with Recuva by Piriform, but recently this program was said to be excellent by a user,
http://www.ylcomputing.com/content/view/350/153/
Obviously it's worthwhile trying both of them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recovering-lifelong-memories-from-windows-recovery-wiped-external-hard-drive.207350/
Relevancy 9.89%

Hi I had this problem a DVD-R 7 Won't Windows Vaio read - couple months ago fixed it and am now facing the same problem again I have a Vaio Windows My CD DVD player isn t reading any of my DVD-R cds Whenever I put in a DVD-R cd autoplay comes up and it asks to format the cd I checked these DVDs and they work on other computers They re all burned DVD with files on them Before when this happened I tried many different things I Deleted upper lower filters -- Actually I didn t have upper or lower filters to delete System restored Deleted and updated drivers Finally found a post talking about creating a new key in the regedit NoCDburning After doing this it started working Fast forward three months later my cd dvd player won t read any Vaio Windows 7 - Won't read DVD-R of my DVD-R cds again I did the same things all over again System restored Deleted and updated re-installed drivers Ran Fixit Looked for upper lower filters -- not there Tried looking at the NoCDburning thing again -- deleted and repeated the steps and nothing is happening I don t want to reboot my computer because I already did a month ago and it just takes way too much time for me to reboot everything all over again I cleaned my CD player as well like most of you guys said before I know my drive is still working as it worked before after I fixed it I checked and the last time this happened was in June Since then the only new things I installed updated were CC Cleaner Itunes and some other programs I have Spybot as well Can someone please please please help me I ve been looking for an answer everywhere and I m running into the same answers Thank you nbsp

A:Vaio Windows 7 - Won't read DVD-R

Have you tried a a system file check to see if Windows can sort this issue out?
sfc /scannow (in admin mode.)
Also if you just explore the DVD do you see the list of files on it? Or is the DVD-R not 'seen' by Windows at all?
Or is the error only with the autoplay part? (Windows trying to help you choose a media player from whatever you have installed?)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vaio-windows-7-wont-read-dvd-r.206920/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi all Apologies in advance for such a long post I headaches + installation = hardware New Win7 don t know if I just have a corrupt New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches Windows Ultimate installation or what but this all started three weeks ago or so after installing new hardware specifically New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches motherboard Asus A M-A New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches processor AMD A K and RAM Kingston HyperX GB DDR Since I had the extra RAM slot I also put in one of the Aeneon XTune GB DDR I have from before the upgrade The sticker on it says it s but it shows up in BIOS POST as Since then I ve had the following problems Internet Unable to establish any connection at all when using the ethernet cable plugged into my Cisco Linksys EA Router I can connect wirelessly but that connection is lousy and I m not sure why especially since the router is only about feet from the computer To be fair the lousy wireless connection is something I was dealing with since before the hardware upgrade Windows reinstall which is why I finally gave up and bought a ethernet cable the computer used to be in a different room though on the same floor of the house The problem with being unable to get any type of connection when plugged in started after reinstalling Windows and then doing something like updates and then moving the PC to the new spot I made a point of moving the tower myself just so that I could be sure nothing happened to it so I know there was no physical damage done because of dropping or otherwise banging it around at all I ve checked the ethernet cable that runs from the modem to the router as well as the one and neither of them appear to be damaged at all I ve also tried plugging the one into all of the ports on the back of the router in the event that one of them just bit the dust somehow but nothing changed Any thoughts on how I can either get my wired connection working again or what might be making the wireless connection so horrible For clarification on quot horrible quot I m not talking dial-up speeds but some sites either load slowly or not at all sites that load up just fine on every other device in the house - specifically cell phones and iPod an Xbox a Wii and a laptop My connection to Battle net for playing WoW Starcraft II Diablo III is also pretty lag-tastic My NIC is an onboard Realtek GR PCIe Gigabit LAN controller according to the motherboard manual In terms of anything that may be interfering with the wireless signal there s a metal support post and a metal I-beam a few feet from where the router currently sits though it was previously or so feet from both Other than being in close proximity to those the room is wide open I was told that water can interfere with a wireless signal and we do have a lot of ground water under around the house can anyone verify whether ground water can degrade the signal so much over such a relatively small space Hard drive partition issues Until the upgrade when the computer just wouldn t boot presumably because Windows couldn t handle dealing with such big hardware changes all at once I had Windows installed on a partition on a TB Western Digital drive Since I had to reinstall anyway I installed Windows to a partition on a smaller but faster TB Seagate drive Up until this afternoon when I installed Seagate Discwizard one of the partitions on the big drive was inaccessible showing up in disk management and a couple of rd-party hard drive utility partitioning programs as simply quot unallocated space quot Since this afternoon though that partition is now showing up as a completely separate hard drive in disk management AND as quot unallocated space quot on the drive it s actually a part of I m a little leery of just leaving things as they are and using that partition since it s showing up different ways Discwizard only shows that partition as a separate drive there is no quot unallocated space quot showing on the TB drive Is this something I sh... Read more

A:New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches

Update: Wired connection issue is fixed. I have to (sheepishly) admit that I completely forgot to install the router via the CD that came with it. The lousy wireless performance is still a problem, though, as well as the hard drive/partition issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hardware-win7-installation-headaches.206345/
Relevancy 9.46%

Hello hello After having a problem with my cd dvd drive I rebooted my computer and did a clean install of Windows from my Vista So right now I m running Windows Windows not install (Touch/slider) FN - 7 Clean Keys working I have a VAIO - VGN-CS J Windows looks and feels great so far The only problem is my little sliding touch pad at the top doesn t work I don t know if it s FN keys but on top of my keyboard there s a little sliding touch pad for volume along with a fast forward rewind key I used to be able to slide the volume up from there but now it s not working I looked it up and I know this has to do with my clean install of windows I tried installing a bunch of drivers like everyone said online Sony Shared Libraries Vaio Event Notebook Control Device And a bunch of other drivers that people talked about I don t know what s wrong but it s still not working so I did a system restore to before I installed everything so that I can have a clean slate Can someone please help me fix my volume control slider please Thank you so much nbsp

A:Clean install Windows 7 - FN Keys (Touch/slider) not working

Laptops have extras over and above Windows and if you reinstall the OS or upgrade it you lose these. I've been there and done that with the FZ. It was broken when I bought it and the hard drive had been removed. Fixing the computer was very hard, installing Windows 7 was easy. Afterwards, like yourself I found that the function keys didn't work. Trawling forums and looking for drivers then sorting it out took ages and that was the most challenging part of the whole exercise. Everything necessary was on the Sony support sites but these were not user friendly and I needed to use several Sony sites. Needless to say Sony support were clueless. In the end I got everything functioning but if you can manage with things as they are I'd not bother. One tip, although it might not work with your particular Vaio model is that stuff has to be installed in a particular order otherwise some keys don't work.

That'll teach you to mess with Windows when a cd/dvd plays up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/clean-install-windows-7-fn-keys-touch-slider-not-working.207046/
Relevancy 9.46%

Hi,
My USB drive is enabled. The USB flash drive or any other storage device is recognized when connected to my laptop. But when I click on the drive in windows explorer, it says access denied. The same works fine in other laptops. I have admistror previlages. There is no local group policy set up on Removable storage access. I have searched multiple forums and tried out various options, but still cant connect to my USB drive. The drivers are successfully installed and are the latest. This happens even when I connect my camera or mobile phone. It shows up as 'Removable Disk' in windows explorer, but cant access it. I have given authorization to the drive as well. Please help.
Dnana

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-flash-drive-is-recognized-but-still-cant-acess-windows-7.207068/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi,

I am playing around with Server 2012. If I want to have a laptop configured for "at office use" with option to go on site, what would be the best way to do that in order to retain access to shared locations on server that is "at office"?

Should I create a standard windows account unrelated to my domain controller, and have them VPN regardless if they are in office or on site? Or is there a way to have a laptop configured for domain use, where it will still be functional (local computer use) on site outside of the office, even without internet connection (I know you can's VPN without it).

Thanks

A:Best way to set up local and remote user with Server 2012

Well this is kind of interesting. You can in fact use a domain laptop away from the local network as long as you have logged into int once on the domain so it can cache your password for future log ins. Now comes to the more difficult part of your question's. Accessing files remotely while not online, you can set up what is called offline files. Offline files will give you acess to your files away from domain network. So if you choose to do offline files any changes made to the file while away from the domain controller where you shares are set up will have to be synced once back on the domain network. So if you make changes to lets say docA while off domain network, once you get back to domain network you will have to sync offline files to the server to update any changes you have made. This set up would not require offsite network but can bring problems when syncing once you reconnect on domain. But now lets say you have the same shares and now you have multiple individials with the same access to the shares. Say you make changes to docA and the other person makes changes to docA while offiste. Once you both reconnect and sync to server you could have issues with data such as duplicate information or doc merging. VPN would be the best option for sure....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-way-to-set-up-local-and-remote-user-with-server-2012.206403/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi,

Wile I am in the posting mood. Just thought I would ask the question. Is it possible for me to host/and play a call of duty server from my laptop or desktop?
When I was younger I played games like the delta force collection of games. And could just go into the game, click host server. And then gradually people would join my game as they seen it on the lobby.
Is this possible with any of the call of duty games for PC? I assume it needs some network configuration
If anyone could help me do it I would be really gratefull. I have my Nat port configured to open. But I would like to host a server and have it free for anyone to join

Thanks
C

A:Hosting call of duty 2 server

Has anyone any advice on this? :/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hosting-call-of-duty-2-server.206731/
Relevancy 21.07%

This mobo got me wondering, packs alot of specs :
18 SATA ports (10 are SATA3 ports from the Intel X99 Express chipset, 8 are SAS ports stemming from the LSI SAS 3008 controller) and five PCI-E 3.0 x 16slots for 4-way graphics cards! 600$ motherboard for some serious business, I think this would be ideal for a video editing workstation..

A:Ultimate server / Workstation mobo? Asrock X99 Extreme 11

I'm probably one of the few that uses the ASRock Z87 Extreme11
There is always a market for their Extreme11 series boards. I use mine for a bounch of stuff gaming, media server, video editing with all 22 SATA ports even 2way SLI. Might be a bit over kill 4 way SLI but who knows...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ultimate-server-workstation-mobo-asrock-x99-extreme-11.206694/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi,

if anyone can help ill be really thankful.
pc 1, 2 runnging win7 ultimate x64

1 adsl modem, 1 tp-link router, 2 computers (pc1, pc2).

ADSL(modem) - LAN1 - PC1 , LAN2 - Tp-link
Tp-link - LAN1 - PC2, WAN - ADSL(modem)

Everything is working, but computers cant see each other in HomeGroup.
Tried various methods but nothing work.

So my question is how to set HomeGroup for those 2 computers. Any suggestions?
Thank you

A:Win7 Homegroup problem

@Moirax . I can't answer your question, but your mention of Homegroup makes me ask what is it for? To avoid hijacking this thread,I'll PM you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win7-homegroup-problem.206524/
Relevancy 18.49%

I need help Okay so I hooked up all my parts last night with issue 560ti Crosshair and Video V Asus GPU to my ASUS Crosshair Formula V mobo and Video issue with Asus Crosshair V and 560ti GPU when I boot it will not show any video whatsoever No beeps no video no nothing I have a ti in there right now because I wanted to test it before my new came in that I ordered yesterday Video issue with Asus Crosshair V and 560ti GPU just wanted to see if the mobo was functional and all my other components were working Does anyone know why I would be getting no video I was thinking maybe I need to reset Video issue with Asus Crosshair V and 560ti GPU the CMOS Some people told me to check the BIOS but how do I do that if I have zero video on my screen Any help would be great as I am at wit s end with this stupid computer it has not run right since I moved and it is extremely frustrating putting all this time and money into this thing with no results I used to have a Corsair Liquid CPU cooler but the pump died and I finally got fed up with Liquid Coolers and went with a Noctua heat sink instead Going to do some more testing after work but was hoping to get some tips from you guys I have other ti s I can test to see if that card is just dead but it was like midnight and just decided to give up for the night last night Also My motherboard doesn t have an on-board video port I don t believe I see none at least My PC was up and running with drivers loaded for this exact card before it went down the computer has just been sitting there for months I am using the same hard drive only thing that has changed is the Noctua cpu cooler being in place of the now dead Corsair H All the fans are running the video card fan is running the psu fan is running so it seems like everything is getting power Any help would be greatly appreciated If you need more info please let me know nbsp

A:Video issue with Asus Crosshair V and 560ti GPU

Let's do this one step at a time, first no part of any computer lasts for ever. U said u had 2 other video cards, first, see if either one of them will work. If that does not work, it could be the slot in the mother board, try an other X16 slot. but honestly to me it sounds like the mother board is not working if u have a speaker plugged into it and assuming the speaker is working because normally there would be beeps if the motherboard is not sending a video signal.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-issue-with-asus-crosshair-v-and-560ti-gpu.206575/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hey, so I have an OCZ ZT 750 and its one of the units which runs 100% fan noise when ever im doing anything that requires the GPU, ive seen you can run the fan into a molex with a resistor to keep it constant, but what I want to do is, run it to my fan controller, just so I can ramp the fan up if needed, rather than nailing down the performance.

What I found is the fan is a 2 Pin connector, but fan controllers run 3 pins, am I able to run the 2 pin into the 3 pin on the fan controller and have control over it, or does the 3rd pin need to be connected for it to work?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-issue-with-the-fan-pin-to-pin-connector.206390/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi,

I'm using a Huawei Mobile Broadband E303 and I've been having this problem for 6-7 days now Ples halp
It was working perfectly fine before but now the speed wont go past 60-70kbps.
My current operating system is windows 7 ( V 6.1.7601 )

I've tried using it on other laptops with windows 7/xp/vista as their operating systems still the same problem except for my brothers laptop which runs on windows 8. and dont tell me that this Thing wont work because its not compatible with my operating system, because I've been using it for over a year without an issue.

My ipconfig shows:
Mobile Broadband adapter Mobile Broadband Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::7450:69bc:7a3e:fee8%57
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 172.22.155.137
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.252
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 172.22.155.138
And when I try to do nslookup:
C:\Windows\system32>nslookup
Default Server: google-public-dns-a.google.com
Address: 8.8.8.8

The default server shouldn't be that thing. please help. Nor the address

Edit: I've tried Uninstalling the Program which came with the USB.
I've tried calling my ISP, with no problems on their end.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/your-computer-seems-to-be-correctly-configured-but-the-device-or-resource-dns-server-not-respondin.206332/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello ,
I have a very strange problem with my sound card and Here is the details ....
My sound Card was working well the day before ...I was just recording from line in and running the audio recorded from line in and no problems occurred ...
Next Day I found that there is no sound and the speaker and the line in and microphone all not working and showing that they were "Not Plugged In"
I tried to reinstall the driver and I even tried to reinstall the windows But this was useless . I also installed the new driver but didn't work
the sound manager showing that they are working fine but ther are not plugged in
and the weird thing is that the optical port "which is part of the sound card " is working fine this means that the sound card isn't faulty or burnt out ??
this is the picture

please Help me .........
thanks in advance

A:Sound Card Weird Problem

Is it that you have selected Digital Audio (S/PDIF) as 'default'. so the speakers cannot be, at the same time.
Right click on 'Speakers' icon, is there an 'Enable' option?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-weird-problem.206014/
Relevancy 9.46%

My old hard drive was a sata drive but it failed so I had an old ide 80gb barracuda 7200rpm drive that I wanted to install windows on but when I load the windows installation and goto custom it wont show my drive. My bios detects it its just windows . I tried using diskpart and even formating the drive to ntfs witha complete whip but still no luck .

A:Windows installation can't detect my ide hard drive?

Perhaps the hard drive's jumper setting is incorrect. Are there any other IDE devices connected on the same cable as the HDD?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-installation-cant-detect-my-ide-hard-drive.192208/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello,

I just finished assembling my first build. At first it turned on without a hitch, was able to install windows and a few drivers.

I had to restart a few times, which went fine for the first few times, and then it just didn't boot back up. The power button doesn't do anything, the fans don't start, nothing happens.

When I jump the psu, all the fans start, so I'm thinking the issue must be with the mobo..

Here's a list of all the parts I'm using : http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/JFVvD3

Thanks.

A:Mobo issue? Custom build won't start anymore

First, are any wires touching that might be causing a short such as a wire touching the back of the mobo? Second, I had something similar happen to me a few years ago with a new build. There is a tried and true though often tedious way that can help diagnose possible issues.

1. Remove all hardware except for one RAM stick from the motherboard and this includes Sata and fan connections to peripherals such as your SSD, etc,

2. Now see if the system boots with only the one RAM stick. If it boots then shut down add the second stick of RAM and then reboot. If it boots then repeat by adding a piece at a time.

3. If is doesn't boot then it is either your mobo or your power supply. Also, check to see if your heat sink is seated correctly.

BTW, nice little system there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-issue-custom-build-wont-start-anymore.205000/
Relevancy 9.46%

Hello...I will start from the begining .

I bought the Acer V5 and tried booting it up...it came with boot-up Linux which means nothing to me so I made a Windows 8 bootable USB and the problems started. First I could'n find the USB and after enabling the Legacy mode it finally found it and booted from it. Turned out the partitions are GPT and as I made the USB MBR it couldn't install so I canceled which I guess was my mistake but there was no other option. After that I created the bootable USB with GPT partition scheme and tried again. Unfortunately this time I got something called GNU GRUB....wth? I googled around and found the commands required for booting - root (hd1,0), then chainloader +1 and finally boot. Then I get the famous The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors with Status: 0xc000000e. Of course tried that couple of more times but still to no avail. I cannot recover or repair as Windows was never really installed, so I don't know what to do....Hopefully someone here would be able to help. Thanks in advance guys.

Petar

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-v5-booting-windows-installing-issues.205294/
Relevancy 18.92%

My brothers schoolwork laptop is frozen the problem occured like 2 days ago were the laptop seemed to be freezing for a couple of minutes and now when he trys to switch it on

Bios is not booting up.

and the only options he gets is launch in repair safe mode and start windows normally. which end up both the same in a black screen and a little black cursor with nothing to do but move the cursor.

after this happened my first reaction was for a complete format so I tried to install him a new copy of windows but my bootable device isnt even being recognized by the system it always ends up in the same screen for the windows startup.

edit ok so I dug a little more.psh..never had a laptop and found out the bios is on the asus logo screen.....well anyhow I booted up the system from the pendrive and the result is always the same the black screen with cursor only

A:Laptop Issue

The laptops hard drive has failed...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-issue.204852/
Relevancy 18.49%

I've recently built a new computer for myself and has been running perfect for a few months. A couple days ago whilst gaming/browsing my monitor went into power safe mode and shortly after my computer shut off, I tried to start up again only to have the same problem occur , the only old parts were a graphics card and psu, I just got in a new gpu and installed it successfully. Same problem occurs. All fans are running properly including the heatsink , processor core temps are around 39 , everything seems to be running ok? Thoughts?

A:Very strange custom computer issue

Check event viewer to see why it shut down.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/very-strange-custom-computer-issue.204679/
Relevancy 9.89%

I an trying ti install a video graphics card, when I plug in to my pci ex slot and plug in the leads the screen does not work, but the computer does, now I see that I have a pnp monitor but the card and a vga adapter on it, I have tried everything possible but cant get to work, anyone any ideas?????????

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-install-nvidia-quadro-nvs-259-on-windows-7.204678/
Relevancy 9.89%

Recently I noticed that my laptop speakers aren't working consistently at all. Sometimes I watch youtube, listen to pandora, and everything will work fine. Other times it won't work at all. I've been getting by like this for a week, but now it seems like now the only audio my speakers will play is a notification sound. I still have the computer under warranty, and I can take it into the store and get the speakers fixed. However, I was wondering if there was a way I could skip all the trouble/paperwork of taking it back in? maybe I just clicked something I shouldn't have?
Any tips are hugely appreciated!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-8-laptop-speakers-are-inconsistent.204097/
Relevancy 21.93%

I m looking to build a tower server from scratch that ll support - incoming connections to a game that will be hosted on this server Budget - I m planning on running Linux on this PC it ll run graphics are unnecessary as this PC will serve only as a server Server Building a PC also the saves for the players don t take a lot of memory so I won t be needing a TB harddrive I ll be planning to upgrade the system in the future to support more users List of items I m looking at Intel Core i - k Crucial GB x D - DIMM Gigabyte GA-Z -HD ATX LGA Samsung E GB EVO SATA quot IPSG LG X DVDRW SATA OEM IPSG Carbide Series R Case EVGA NEX G W GOLD PS Subtotal UEZ Sales Tax Total This is a price quote and recommendation I Building a Server PC got from a sales associate from MicroCenter NJ What I m wondering is would these components be enough to support a hosting server of - people with minimum lag If the playerbase of the game increases would I be able to upgrade the system to support more players Would it be better if I bought a Server Motherboard that ll support more processor for future purposes Are there anything cheaper that I could use to start off with and upgrade to in the future nbsp

A:Building a Server PC

Servers don't need heavy hitting processors. The primary resources are memory, networking and file I/O

The 120GB drive is minimally acceptable, although if I were building a server, I would have at least two drives,
one for the server and the other for the data being served. Performance would be better and either drive could be
replaced/upgraded without disrupting the other - - also improves your backup media consumption.

Let's talk networking. Is this a private server for just LAN connected users or do you intend to have Internet connected players?

* hosting server of 20-30 people * in a lan based server says you will need a good switch connected to the router for wired users OR an access point for wireless

* I suspect you are intending a public server with Internet users {upgrade the system to support more players}.
You should read your ISP End-User-License-Agreement; unless you purchase a private IP address & Domain, the ISP typically forbids your hosting anything. They will cause you and your users all kinds of issues, such as limiting bandwidth and randomizing your public IP address.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-server-pc.203794/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi,

I have recently built a desktop computer, that had minor issues that I had eventually worked around or found a solution to. This issue is an exception. When I first used my computer, everything was fine with sound, until I found that my graphics card was not inserted correctly, and I was running with terrible resolution. After fixing this issue, I had no sound. This was about 10 months ago. On and off throughout this period I began to try and fix this issue, by disconnected and uninstalling my GPU. I launched skype and trying calling someone, but it alerted me that my sound card was missing. I know this is not true, so I have 3 main theories: 1. The sound card was fried (not likely). 2. My graphics card audio overrode the onboard audio, 3. The two (GPU and sound card) were operating on the same frequency. As I have said before, I had sound before I re-installed my graphics card, so I would either appreciate a solution to switch back to onboard audio, or a way to use both somehow.
Specs: Motherboard: ASUS P8z77
Graphics Card: Nvida Ge Force 670
Processor: Intel i7 core.

A:Cannot use speakers/headphones: Sound card is missing?

Please respond, this issue has been pressing me for almost a year, and I would really like it to be resolved.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-use-speakers-headphones-sound-card-is-missing.203668/
Relevancy 23.65%

The video is 1 min and 14 sec, yet only the couple first seconds is enough to understand the problem. what could be the problem for?

as you can see, half of the screen display colors correctly, the other half, the colors and texts and smudged, they are there but smudged and not applicable to read or view

A:LG G2 IPS display weird problem - video for explanation

Can you still RMA it, or did you do something that is not covered by the warranty?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lg-g2-ips-display-weird-problem-video-for-explanation.203474/
Relevancy 19.35%

My mother in law gave me her old computer because it would start for a few seconds then stop and continue to repeat the process until she unplugged it. I only wanted it for the extra hard drive. After installing the hard drive into my computer (wanting to format it then clone it since it is larger than the one I currently have) it caused my computer to start and stop even being set as a secondary or slave. If I completely unhook it from my computer and start it up again, My normal set up works fine. Any ideas about what could cause this?

A:HDD issue

There is only one answer, the drive has gone bad. Chances are the rest of the machine may still be good.

Will the old machine attempt to boot without a drive? Does it come up to a boot drive not found error? If it does, the HDD was the whole trouble.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-issue.203400/
Relevancy 9.89%

I have a Windows 8.1 Laptop and yesterday it said I had no connections.
My computer is wireless but then it went to Ethernet it didn't let me connect to anything either.
I tried looking things up to see how to fix it but it just kept talking about buying cables.

Anyone know whats wrong?

A:How to fix Windows Laptop When it goes from wireless to ethernet

You may try to disable your Ethernet adapter (wired connection) while you're connected via a wireless connection through your wireless adapter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-fix-windows-laptop-when-it-goes-from-wireless-to-ethernet.203484/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello,

Old Dell computer running Windows XP that was never backed up and I am trying to recover files and photos. I get NTLDR is missing when I boot. I've used Testdisk/Photorec to try to recover my data but when going through the recovered data it seems to be all system files that I know nothing about. I used Ubuntu on the Dell to run Testdisk. I also hooked up the hard disk to my laptop with a hard disk adapter and got the same results.I also ran a NTLDR boot disk but ended up with the same NTLDR is missing message. I dont have a XP recovery disk. Anybody that has had this issue please help!

A:NTLDR is missing. Hard Drive Failure.

Trobles86 said:

I also hooked up the hard disk to my laptop with a hard disk adapter and got the same results.Click to expand...

If you have access to another PC or laptop then you can connect the hard drive in to that machine and get the files you wanted to recover from your hard drive in there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ntldr-is-missing-hard-drive-failure.203104/
Relevancy 22.79%

I finally bit the bullet and upgraded yesterday Before installing the new OS I installed g of ram gb sticks Got thru all the installation BS my goodness Microsoft eats up a from Upgraded XP to Win7 lot to memory with all those updates Any way I was checking out the specs on my systems on the My Computer page and it only shows that I have g of Ram The other problem is I have a gb but it s only showing that I have gb total I know you want my system info so I ll do Upgraded from XP to Win7 the best I can AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor Ghz bit I m going to check out my memory sticks Maybe one of them isn t seated properly I have them side by side as it was shown in my MB book but was wondering if I should skip a slot Also is there something I need to do about my drivers I m really worried about my HD space I know before the guy who built my system had a partition put in That got wiped out when I tried to to a repair on my Windows XP and had to do a clean install When I got the system back up and running it showed all my HD space now I m barely showing a third of the space that should be there I m really at a lost nbsp

A:Upgraded from XP to Win7

Well since no one is answering, I'll get you up to date. I found my lost HD memory and got it all back, so I'm at full capacity there. As for my sticks of RAM, I just don't know. I removed one, but the system wouldn't boot. Then I put the other one in and the system still wouldn't boot. So I put them both back in and the system booted right up. I'm getting the feeling that I bought 2 2gb or ram and ended up with 2 1gb sticks. Also, I thought the system was suppose to recognize when you put new ram in. Mine didn't.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgraded-from-xp-to-win7.203160/
Relevancy 21.5%

Right first things first to mix it up a bit, I've started a minecraft server on an LINUX based operating system, I've followed all the steps that have been required to start the minecraft server and so on, I've portforwarded everything (something else about it comes up later) And done everything it has said to do. I've run minecraft servers before so I do know how they work

HOWEVER, Because I still want to keep the portforwarding on my main computer so that I will be able to host other things from it, I changed the minecraft server to 25566 and since doing that no one has been able to connect to it. The only way I can connect to it is the internal address:25566 and nothing else. Other than that it does not work at all.

Yes I have put the correct IP in
Yes I am using the external IP to connect to it but it won't allow me to join with the external IP address even if I put :25566 after it.

Any suggestions?

A:Require help on a minecraft server

You said you've port forwarded it. Then you changed the listening port on server. Did you also change the port forward rule on router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/require-help-on-a-minecraft-server.203254/