Windows Support Forum

Win7 Cannot join homegroup wired and wireless

Q: Win7 Cannot join homegroup wired and wireless

Just got new house, and putting together a new win7 homegroup network (new isp, modem & router)
I have the wired computers(3) connected through the router to homegroup called network3. And they can share file, and printers just fine.
The wireless laptop connects to the router though a wireless connection called 'wireless network' it can get on the internet just fine. but it (laptop) can't join the homegroup the wired computers are connected to. It ask to connect to the homegroup by name (network3), when I click "choose homegroup and sharing options" in the Network and Sharing Center screen. I enter the password that works on the other wired computers, but them I get the dreaded balloon saying "Wndows can not set up a homegroup on this computer " pops up, then just sits there.
How do I get the laptop to join the homegroup? There is no other network shown other than 'wireless network'
Thansk

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Win7 Cannot join homegroup wired and wireless

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Win7 Cannot join homegroup wired and wireless

try this first: make certain all computers are scychronized to the same date and time.
I know that sounds like a "given," but I had a smiliar problem in joining my workgroup.
The Win7 laptop could see the other computers but when trying to connect, it asked
for the network password & identified my computer as belonging to a domain (which
it wasn't).
I tried everything. My time was the same on all the systems. Then I noticed the Win7
system was a day off. I fixed that and walla! Win7 could not only see the other systems
but also, connect--a two week search & trying to connect, solved by the simple
thing of making sure all computers had the same time & date.
Also, you need to have the "everyone" group active, with full rights.
And user accounts with the same name and password on each system.

If those things don't work, hopefully others will answer with the answer.

Bob

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/173396-win7-cannot-join-homegroup-wired-wireless.html
Relevancy 82.46%

My environment consists of:
Desktop running Windows 7 Pro x64
- Wired connection to Verizon FIOS Actiontec MI424WR
Laptop running Windows Home Premium x64
- Wireless connection to same router
Laptop running Windows Pro x64

The two wireless devices can connect to homegroup created on either wireless device.
Neither wireless can connect to homegroup created on wired device.
The wired device cannot connect to a homegroup created on either wired device.
I've moved one wireless device to wired and then I can connect the desktop and the wired laptop via homegroup.

The problem is clearly the Verizon Actiontec router/modem.

Ideas for getting this to work?

A:Cannot join homegroup wired vs wireless

Quote: Originally Posted by megreen831

My environment consists of:
Desktop running Windows 7 Pro x64
- Wired connection to Verizon FIOS Actiontec MI424WR
Laptop running Windows Home Premium x64
Laptop running Windows Pro x64

The two wireless devices can connect to homegroup created on either wireless device.
Neither wireless can connect to homegroup created on wired device.
The wired device cannot connect to a homegroup created on either wired device.
I've moved one wireless device to wired and then I can connect the desktop and the wired laptop via homegroup.

The problem is clearly the Verizon Actiontec router/modem.

Ideas for getting this to work?

I suspect Verizon ( yeah I would hate calling them too) might be the best bet

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/79922-cannot-join-homegroup-wired-vs-wireless.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Just purchased a Win8.1 and set up a first-time home group. But my old Win7 home premium just cannot be coaxed into joing it. Have tried everything without luck. Do they actually work together?

A:Win7 will not join Win8 homegroup

Hello Hunzeker,

Oh yes, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 can be in the same homegroup. I have one setup with my Windows 8.1 and a Windows 7 on a virtual machine.

As a test, have all computers leave the homegroup to be able to start over fresh.

Afterwards, create a homegroup in Windows 8.1, and join the homegroup in Windows 7. Double check the details in the tutorials below to help make sure everything is set properly for the homegroup to see if that may help.

Homegroup - Create in Windows 8

Homegroup - Add Computer or Join

Hope this helps for now,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/326461-win7-will-not-join-win8-homegroup.html
Relevancy 88.58%

The 8.1 laptop says it detects the homegroup and prompts me to join it. I go thru the steps, including the correct password. Then, after a minute or so of looking, the laptop says it no longer detects a homegroup on this network. I can't find anything wrong. All the settings seem to be correctly set. What am I doing wrong?

A:My Win 8.1 laptop cannot join the homegroup on Win7 PC

Firewall possibly causing it.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/55842-my-win-8-1-laptop-cannot-join-homegroup-win7-pc.html
Relevancy 88.58%

I just moved and ended up settng up a homegroup through a seperate win7 Box (roomate's)

Now that I am close to finishing upacking, I am trying to join the homegroup with my primary cpu.

Control Panel > Network,etc > Homegroup > ...and the only option I have is to create a homeGroup....

I don't want to create, I want to join. unfortunately I see no optin to "join"

A:Win7 trying to join existing homegroup

See if this helps - Homegroup - Add Computer or Join

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/378989-win7-trying-join-existing-homegroup.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Or how do I just make the XP box know about the Win7 box? They're both fed from the same router so should have IP addresses in the same group - but although the Win7 PC can see the XP PC, it doesn't work the other way around.

AFAICT the only place (in XP) where I can view other computers is in my XP workgroup. But Win7 uses homegroups which don't seem to be quite the same thing. A workgroup seems to have a name but no password whereas a homegroup seems to have a password but no name.

What am I missing here...?

A:How do I join a Windows XP computer to a Win7 homegroup?

XP can't join a homegroup.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/209910-how-do-i-join-windows-xp-computer-win7-homegroup.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello I am currently using Win Enterprise on option Edition? for A Enterprise there Is HomeGroup' 'Join Win7 my PC that was given to me by a computer guy Since I Is there A 'Join HomeGroup' option for Win7 Enterprise Edition? am into office applications going online and just common stuff other than entertainment purposes I use my iPad for that he decided that Enterprise edition would be a best fit for me So I Is there A 'Join HomeGroup' option for Win7 Enterprise Edition? was Is there A 'Join HomeGroup' option for Win7 Enterprise Edition? trying to connect this desktop PC to my hubby s windows Ultimate edition laptop and I am only able to create a HomeGroup but his is able to create and join Could that be a different between the versions of Windows Does Enterprise edition only can create HomeGroups Please guys I need help If possible if I can just create a HomeGroup from my desktop PC then add my hubby s computer to this group then it would be ok Another thing is how can I after creating a HomeGroup on my desktop PC then connect it with my Amazon FireTV device I have this old Netgear router that I had configured to become a network adapter which other than being connected to our modem should be able to connect to the FireTV device it being on the same IP address Is that possible it being my router wifi network adapter been configured through ddt com site that it would still be able to connect with my FireTV device nbsp

Relevancy 80.41%

I recently replaced my wireless router and Bellsouth computer see -cannot wireless doesn't network Wired computers on join DSL modem with a single Netgear DGN DSL modem wireless router The problem is my desktop which is wired cannot see the laptop computers that are on the network via wireless connection If I start a homegroup with one of the laptops the other laptop can join but my desktop cannot no quot join now quot option If I start a homegroup with my wired desktop neither laptop sees it However if I connect my desktop to the network using my USB wireless adapter then I can establish a Wired computer doesn't see wireless computers on network -cannot join homegroup with either a laptop or the desktop with no problem I have checked that IPv is enabled and that all the services listed in other posts are enabled I'm fairly certain the cause is some setting in my router security but I don't see anything that would prevent my Wired computer doesn't see wireless computers on network -cannot join desktop from linking I can also get on the internet with no problem Please help

A:Wired computer doesn't see wireless computers on network -cannot join

check your firewall settings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/211133-wired-computer-doesnt-see-wireless-computers-network-cannot-join.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Ok so here is the issue that I ran into multiple routers with wired/wireless Homegroup and In my home I originally had just a wireless belkin router connected to my comcast modem which was an access point for wireless computers and one wired computer in my office I have just recently started using windows on all my computers here and I wanted to set up a homegroup so that I can share music and movies throughout the house from one computer in my office Now the issue is that I added a second computer to my office to use as the storage for all my media but to do that I needed to add another router which is not wireless I have the second router running off of the wireless router to add more connections in my office and not have a bunch of wires running through the house The problem now is that when I create a homegroup from the computer connected through the second router it cannot see any of the wireless computers that connect through the first wireless router and vice versa Is there a solution for this problem or am I stuck with having to run all wired and wireless connections from one router Please help as I am stuck here and I want to move forward with my HTPC project without having all the external drives cluttering the downstairs living room as I am expecting a child in a few months and want as few things as Homegroup with wired/wireless and multiple routers possible in reach of those little hands Thank you in advance Dragonschild

A:Homegroup with wired/wireless and multiple routers

Can the computer connected to the second router get to the internet? Can you describe how you have the 2 routers wired together?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/72912-homegroup-wired-wireless-multiple-routers.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hey there..
Small tidbit of Info

I have a Home network...
I.S.P. to Router (Linksys WRT610N) To a Switch (Linksys SD2008) To computers...

Now my problem occurs when i try to set up my Workgroup

I can connect and see two desktops which are connected to my switch both using Windows 7 Ultimate...

But my laptops connected to my Router cannot access anything on my switch...

When i do a Network Map on my router i do see all the computers connected both wired and wireless BUT Windows 7 wont let me connect...

One of the laptops is a Windows 7 Home Premium, and the other laptop is also a Windows 7 Ultimate.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED...

All searches turn up nothing..I have infact upgraded my firmware for my router and have double checked and there is NO formware available for my switch...

A:Trouble setting up Wired/Wireless Homegroup (linksys)

can ALL of the computers access the NET?

"laptops connected to my Router cannot access anything on my switch"

are the laptops 'connected' via wireless? or wired?

can these laptops connect to each other?

can the 'desktops' connect to each other?

please answer these questions--I'll check back later

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/110255-trouble-setting-up-wired-wireless-homegroup-linksys.html
Relevancy 76.54%

The computer that originally created the homegroup on my network is no more. It seems that because of this that my new computer is unavailable to join the homegroup that already exists. Other computers that were part of the homegroup before the "host" computer died are still part of the homegroup and able to share files, etc.

Is there a way to connect a new computer to the homegroup if the original host computer is no longer part of the network/ no longer exists?

A:Unable to join homegroup, homegroup creating computer is no more

The original computer is not required as long as you have other computers that were part of original homegroup. Boot another computer that was part of homegroup and then enter the password and it will join. I no longer have the original computer that was used to setup the first homegroup but new ones join properly when others are active on network.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/330520-unable-join-homegroup-homegroup-creating-computer-no-more.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I get a "Homegroup encountered an error" message when I try to join my laptop and desktop to a homegroup. It does not matter which one sets it up and which one tries to join. It errors in either direction. I have tried leaving and creating, no use. The desktop is wired to a Belkin 300N router and the laptop is wireless. The desktop uses a static ip address and the laptop uses the router's dhcp server. Both computers are on the same subnet and can ping in both directions. Sharing via workgroup works fine. Why won't this software do it's job?

The desktop is a fresh install of Windows 7 professional 64 bit and the laptop has been running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit for 4 months. I have followed the suggesstions that I have found in the forums and also the troubleshooter with no success. Any ideas?

A:Homegroup encountered an error / This computer cannot join a homegroup

I got it to work after I uninstalled McAffey, deleted the static ip addresses, and used wireless to connect both pc's to router. Not sure which one did the trick but I know that if I try to use a static ip address on my desktop/media server, homegroup disappears. I think its not all that great anyway, I just wanted to justify the $50,000 i just spent on classes to get my Bachelors in Networking.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/183932-homegroup-encountered-error-computer-cannot-join-homegroup.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I have a desktop that is connected to my Belkin router via wire. I have 3 laptops that are all connected to the router wirelessly.
All computers have Windows 7 64bit and synched clocks.
All are connected to a Home network.
All 3 laptops detect that a Homegroup has been created on the wired desktop.
I'm using the correct Homegroup password.
All computers have discovery on.
All computers have IPv4 and Ipv6 running.
All services are running.
Everything else I've read and tried regarding troubleshooting this issue haven't worked.
All computers can see each other on the Network, but can't connect to the Homegroup.

Please help. I'll provide any other info you need. Thanks!

A:Homegroup problems - Homegroup detected, can't join. @wit's end

Did you set the folders you are sharing to homegroup? Like say your pictures right click on it and set it to share with the homegroup.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/184029-homegroup-problems-homegroup-detected-cant-join-wits-end.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I found this site because this thread showed up in google search http forums techguy org networking -network-bridge-wifi-ethernet-win html This is what I m having problem with So here is my situation I got a ubee router down stairs I m in the attic on my gaming workstation media server I have all the cables and equipment to run Win7 wireless between wireless and wired bridge GigE but this house was built over a years ago and running much cable wont be easy Win7 wireless bridge between wired and wireless My signal in the attic isnt great but its fair according to windows I used the ethernet port on my motherboard upstairs and my netgear GigE Win7 wireless bridge between wired and wireless hub to make a small lan for my extra gaming Win7 wireless bridge between wired and wireless computer and file server Now when I did a bridge i thought the DHCP on the router would find and give ip s to the stuff upstairs quot behind the bridge quot but it didnt and manual forwarding was hit and miss So I tried ICS but that didnt work either Then I realized I had to change the router to hand out address instead of but when I retried thebridge that didnt work but the ICS did The DNS was really slow for the computers behind the ics host My main problems is I m notliking the ICS firewall Stuff quot in front of the host quot cant see services behind it and vice versa For example my server behind the ICS host gettings its IP from the win host is running a bf dedicated server Every thing upstairs thats on ICS including the host can see it and connect But nothing downstairs regardless of the OS Now if I start a server downstairs nothing upstairs can see it even the host which is strange Bug in win why dont the wirednetwork adapter have a gateway wouldnt the gateway be the wireless nic address Ive done bridges before with routers using ddr-wrt and it was a breeze I have to have this working right I just moved here and I work from home on my computer I messed with this for serveral hours Another weird thing I notices was my router doesnt do DNS relay but it can be turned on Here is my host ipconfig to tired tonight to do the others Will make a network diagram if it will help Thanks Levi C Windows System gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Levi-Tower Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address AC- - B-DD- - E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe afee f eca Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- -B -A - - - - E-EF- F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description D-Link AirPlus DWL-G Wireless PCI Adap ter rev B Physical Address - - - E-EF- F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address fcc fe a d f a cd Pr eferred Temporary IPv Address fcc fe a f fcee b a Pre ferred Link-local IPv Address fe d f a cd Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday June PM Lease Expires Monday June AM Default Gateway fe a e eff fefa b DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- -B -A - - - - E-EF- F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C C E - B- - - E C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C CF A - D- E-A D -AB AE F B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - -... Read more

Relevancy 70.09%

Have Belkin wireless/wired DSL router. DSL Router to a Linksys switch to my wired ethernet system (prewired in my home as being built). PC #1 (Win7 Home Premioum 32) is hard wired to switch. PC#2 is in my office where I have a Netgear wireless router that has the PC#2 (Win7 Ultimate 64) and my Canon networked laser printer attached. Setup Homegroup in both.. cannot see PC to PC or share printer.

A:Win7 Wireless and Wired issues

Quote: Originally Posted by counselingman88

Have Belkin wireless/wired DSL router. DSL Router to a Linksys switch to my wired ethernet system (prewired in my home as being built). PC #1 (Win7 Home Premioum 32) is hard wired to switch. PC#2 is in my office where I have a Netgear wireless router that has the PC#2 (Win7 Ultimate 64) and my Canon networked laser printer attached. Setup Homegroup in both.. cannot see PC to PC or share printer.

Let me see if I understand, your home is pre-wired with ethernet (very nice) It seems that you would only need the one wired/wireless router, with both PC's connected. Why are you using a switch and second router?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/141373-win7-wireless-wired-issues.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I am running Windows 7 as my primary OS via wireless on my laptop, and I have a server pc setup and wired to my router which is running DD-WRT.

In my router config I see both computers but I can't see either on my network, and I haven't the slightest clue why. Could anyone out there help me?

A:Win7 Wireless PC Doesnt See Wired XP on Network

Ok, I tried to ping from my Win7 PC to the xp pc via cmd prompt and it said destination host is unreachable.... I really need to get this server up and running. Anyone have any ideas? They both are on the same workgroup, etc... and I disable ipv6 on my network adapter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/3123-win7-wireless-pc-doesnt-see-wired-xp-network.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi,
I'm running windows 10 64 bit.  I can't join a home group because it says unable to join.  I go into services and the peer homegroup is not running.  I try to start by double clicking and get the error 1068.  I have gone to this
directory to delete the idstore.sset file but I can't locate since even when I show hidden files the folder is empty.  Help!  My email is [email protected]
C:\windows\serviceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1c551a94-e1e1-4eab-858e-34e96dd0d597/cannot-join-homegroup?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 67.94%

I have two PCs, and am trying to get PC1 to join the Homegroup on PC2. PC1 says "Username on PC1 has created a homegroup on the network" with an option to Join Now. PC1 is trying to join the homegroup on PC1.

When I go to Control Panel > Homegroup, my options are:
* Tell me more about homegroups
* Change advanced sharing settings...
* Start the HomeGroup troubleshooter

I do not have an option to leave the Homegroup.

I deleted the files at C:\windows\serviceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking and stopped the HomeGroup Provider service, but no luck.

Any ideas on how to get out of this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/385438-pc-trying-join-homegroup-same-pc.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Im running windows 7 pro on my desktop and windows 7 home prem on my laptop and using a linksys wrt 120n wireless router. my network is set to home and the advanced settings are correct. I can not join home group on either computers. its not even coming up to the join home group it just says create home group. Then i run the home group troubleshooter and itsays the problem is network related ok so i run the network troubleshooter and it finds nothing wrong with the network. please help

A:cannot join homegroup

Hi and welcome to the forum. I had a similar frustration in setting up my home group. Here are a couple of tutorials; see if they help you sort it out. Post back and let us know one way or the other. If you are still having a problem, we can go from there.

Homegroup - Create

Here is a Microsoft video that may be of help:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ures/homegroup

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/76076-cannot-join-homegroup.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Whenever I try to join the homegroup of my mom's laptop it says:

---------------------------
HomeGroup
Windows cannot set up a homegroup on this computer.
OK

Relevancy 67.94%

I have two computers: Dell Inspiron Laptop connected wirelessly and a Desktop with wired connection to router. I have been trying for 4 hours to connect to the homegroup with my desktop so I can view the files on my desktop on my laptop. Now I will detail the steps I have done.

1. I tried going to network sharing in control panel on the desktop. I created a new Homegroup and it gave me a password. I then went to the control panel on my laptop and went to network sharing and then went to homegroups. Now from my reading, I should have an option that says "join homegroup". I do not have that option, only "create Homegroup".

2. I have tried going to the folder I want to share on the desktop. Still cant find it on my laptop.

3. Removed AVG. Still cant join.

Thanks in advance

A:Cannot join Homegroup

Welcome to SevenForums, kbussen.

Instead of using Homegroup, try switching all the machines to the same Workgroup.

(There seem to be a lot of problems with Homegroup use, mainly they seem related to IPv6.)

From an earlier posting I made:

Quote:
I set them all in the same Workgroup by going to Control Panel (set to view small icons) System -> Advanced System Settings -> System Name. There change the Workgroup name to be the same for all computers.

In Network and Sharing -> Advanced Sharing Options click the top option for all but the bottom two. Turn off Password Protected Sharing and under Homegroup Connections set "Use User Accounts and Passwords to connect to other computers."

On the systems, set up the shared folders and permissions you need.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/82076-cannot-join-homegroup.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I want to print from my laptop that connected to my home wi-fi network.

I've setup the desktop with a homegroup, grabbed the password, and tried to join the network on 2 laptops. Both failed.

"Windows cannot set up a homegroup on this computer" was the result on both of them. I ran the troubleshooter, but it didn't found anything that I can do (it did found "undefined network problems" with the network troubleshooter).

How can I know what's the reason those 2 lap's cannot join the HomeGroup?

And, if I'm asking already - is there is another way to print from a laptop to a printer that connected to a desktop with internet access?

TY in advance for any advice..

A:How can I join HomeGroup?

review your network settings for all machines, must be in same workgroup, all have file and printer sharing enabled, and turn password sharing off...once all can see each other, add the network printer...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/193233-how-can-i-join-homegroup.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I have a Can't Join Homegroup new laptop and have been unable to join my HomeGroup My network Desktop running Win Pro wired net connection Desktop running Win XP Home wired net connection second Desktop running Win XP Home wifi network connection I have just added a Win basic laptop wifi network connection There is a HomeGroup set up on the Win Pro system The network for the Win Pro Can't Join Homegroup amp Win XP systems all work perfectly However I can't get networking to work between the Win Pro and the Win Laptop The network between the Laptop and Win XP machines works perfectly I followed the instructions in the thread Homegroup - Join in Windows When I attempt to join the HomeGroup from the laptop I get an unhelpful error message -When setting it up from the Settings menu I get quot Windows can't set up a homegroup on this computer quot -When I attempt to join from the Control Panel I get quot Homegroup encountered an error quot I ran the Homegroup troubleshooter on both machines with no Can't Join Homegroup success HELP What else can I do

A:Can't Join Homegroup

This problem comes up pretty often but it's usually easy to fix just by removing all files in the Peer Networking folder. In your case this would be your Windows 8 Pro machine but also check the Windows 8 laptop.

The link below describes the process in more detail and shows a picture of the PeerNetworking folder. You must also go into folder options and click the "show hidden file and folders" so you can see the AppData folder.

Homegroup Not Working - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/26083-cant-join-homegroup.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I bought my pc from a guy who built it. I found it on Craig's list. He has it it in a home group and I don't have permission to leave it. He somehow still has control over my computer. I have no way of contacting him. How do I get control over my computer. Everything I try I don't have permission or authority to do. I am supposedly the administrator but he somehow has more control than me. What do I do?

A:Get out of homegroup that I did not join

Reformatting the hard drive will put the computer in the same condition it was in the day it was shipped from the factory, which will solve your problem. Or you could go deeper and wipe it clean with 3 wipes of wiping software which is what the Department of Defense does when they get rid of computers. There is free wiping software available, but I have no experience with them. I know 1 is called Derricks Boot and Nook (DBAN) and I've heard good things about it. I personally use paid versions: Wipe Drive and Acronis True Image 11. Just be sure you have all the software for the operating system and all the discs for the programs that are in your computer and be sure to backup all your files before reformatting or wiping your computer because reformatting and wiping your drive will delete everything.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/get-out-of-homegroup-that-i-did-not-join.1028235/
Relevancy 67.94%

I have two Windows 7 desktop Pcs, connected via a 4-port router (wired connections).

I can create a Homegroup on both machines, but neither PC can detect the other's Homegroup. So when I try to join the homegroup from either PC I always get the message 'there are no other Homegroups on this network'.

From either computer I also cannot see the other PC listed on the network, even though I have turned on file sharing in advanced sharing options and ensured that the time on both PCs is identical (a Windows troubleshooting 'tip' )

Both PCs have the same account name and the same name on the network - could this be the problem?

P.S. I know all the hardware works fine because I had Vista networked fine on both Pcs.

A:Cannot join Homegroup

Yes. Your problem is same name on network. Change one of them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/31263-cannot-join-homegroup.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I've read several posts about this already but nothing has helped I recently upgraded my vista desktop so I could use HomeGroup with my laptop Both computers are now running Windows Home Premium -bit At the moment they are both plugged into my Belkin Play N Wireless Dual band N router Here's what's going on -I can create a HomeGroup from either computer but neither computer can join it -When I run the troubleshooter on either computer it keeps telling me quot All Homegroup computers must have the correct time quot however both computers do have the correct time and time zone I even tried synching both w the internet time -I tried recreating and joining HomeGroup w all firewalls disabled nothing -I tried recreating and joining HomeGroup w my antivirus software disabled and then uninstalled nothing -I tried reinstalling my router firmware and Can't HomeGroup Join reconfiguring the router based on what a tech told me nothing -I've made sure all the necessary services are running that IPv is enabled and that all the advanced sharing settings are correct nothing -I've verified that both computers are on the same network and it's set Can't Join HomeGroup as quot home quot still NOTHING I've spent wayyyyy too much time trying to figure this stupid thing out So if anyone has any other suggestions please let me know OR if you know a different way to access files through the network other than Homegroup or public folders I am ready to look into other options Thanks in advance for any help

A:Can't Join HomeGroup

hi i am sure some one with a lot more knowledge will be along however i remember reading some where that if your passwords are the same it could cause a problem, maybe you could try a work group instead.
As for the time issue check that your bios time setting and the desktop time's are the same it may pay to check that the router time is correct.

That's all I've got not much i know.

If you desperately need to transfer files or use files you could try a remote desktop something like VNC(free version)
RealVNC - VNC? Free Edition 4.1

raz

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/144415-cant-join-homegroup.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I have two computers HomeGroup Cannot join my desktop and my laptop which is a Lenovo T Thinkpad My laptop is connected to a D-Link Smart switch via Cat which is connected to my router as well as my desktop I originally created a Home group on my desktop and then went to Home group on my laptop it sates that my desktop has created a homegroup on the network Cannot join HomeGroup and I click on quot Join Now quot I type Cannot join HomeGroup in the password and click next It the tells me I have joined the Cannot join HomeGroup homegroup If I go to file explorer and click on Homegroup on my laptop It tells me that quot No other homegroup PC's are available right now quot If I Check my desktop it shows my Homegroup I've checked my router to insure the mac address and the ip address are the same as identified in quot ipconfig all quot for my laptop and it is the router is seeing my laptop For some reason my laptop will not configure homegroup with my desktop I don't know if the version of windows makes a difference I'm running Win pro on both but the version and build are different My Desktop is version build and my laptop is version build I'm lost Can anyone give me some idea what might be going on and how to fix it Thanks for your help in advance

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/61338-cannot-join-homegroup.html
Relevancy 67.94%

hi everybody, i hope i can find solutions to this problem.

we have 7 computers in the house, a notebook and 6 desktops. all pcs are running windows 7 home premium, 4 of which has dual core processor and 2 have i3 core processors and the notebook is running windows 8. we also have a router and sure enough we have created a homegroup. the notebook running windows 8 can join the homegroup. the 4 pcs which have dual core processor can join the homegroup, my problem is with the 2 pcs with icore 3 processor. it cannot see my homegropu hence the is no join a homegroup in network and homesharing. i have enabled network discovery in all pcs.

thanks

A:no join a homegroup

Hello ayongkot, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might double check everything in the tutorial below on the 2 PCs to see if anything may have been missed.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/280892-no-join-homegroup.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I have a laptop with windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and a desktop windows 7 ultimate 32 bit. They were networking in till i installed bit defender on the desktop. Now it has avg. My laptop has nod32 smart security. I can only create homegroups on both they both do not jion.

A:Cannot join homegroup

Hello Andy, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might double check everything in the tutorial below to see if that may be able to help.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/63440-cannot-join-homegroup.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I have three computers in my home network are running Win Home Premium bit edition amp is running Win Home Premium bit editions One of bits was an upgrade from Vista and the two others were clean installs Can join the homegroup but cannot it see I created the homegroup on Can see the homegroup but cannot join it the bit machine and I was able to join the homegroup from one of the bit clean Can see the homegroup but cannot join it install machines However the Can see the homegroup but cannot join it other bit machine is able to see the homegroup but cannot join Based on the various thread on forum here is some additional piece of infromation on the machine that cannot connect I removed Norton from the machine It is now running Microsoft Security Essentails just like the other two machines Created the homegroup times after removing Norton ver with no luck I can see teh other two machines over the Network and even share resources not through the homegroup Connects to network wirelessly Has a fixed IP address I have done all the recommeded troubleshooting synchronizing time Network Type is quot Home quot Network Discovery is on etc Please advice Thanks

A:Can see the homegroup but cannot join it

On the machine that wasn't a clean install, can you please run the batch file below on that machine.

Try running this batch file which will reset winsock, reset the TCP/IP stack and release renew your IP.
Download Renew IP + Reset Winsock Batch File

After that can you please post a screen shot of your ipconfig /all from the problem machine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/135825-can-see-homegroup-but-cannot-join.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello all! I have 2 brand new PCs with Win 7 installed, Ultimate on Desktop and Home on Laptop. Desktop is hooked into router, laptop is wireless.

I have created Homegroup on Desktop and tried to join from my laptop but it fails. I have checked the password, reset it 4 times just to be sure. I have made sure the correct home group settings are set on both. I have made sure the 4 services people have mentioned are running correctly. I can share a fold on my desktop and i can get to it from my laptop so i know the connectivity is there... I have also deleted the Homegroup a few times and tried redoing it.

What else should i look at?

thanks!

A:Homegroup - Can't Join

This is what I did to test my homegroup: on my desktop, I created the homegroup. As soon as it was created, I went to my laptop and went to the homegroup page, and was informed that my other computer had created a homegroup, so I clicked on the join button, went through a few screens, typed the password, and everything was shared.

Is that what you did?

I already had a workgroup established, so I haven't tested if it would work with my computers on different workgroups.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/36352-homegroup-cant-join.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I've seen that others are having join Can't Homegroup problems similar to mine This brings a certain peace to my life Problem I'm unable to join my computers to a homegroup The problem exists in both directions If either one has a homegroup the other cannot see it When I go to network and sharing center I can see the Can't join Homegroup option quot HomeGroup Ready to Create quot but I do not see an option to join If a homegroup exists on the computer I see quot joined quot Current Configuration PC home grown AMD Athlon Laptop Dell Latitude E Users administrator account on both computers same password user account on both computers same password Network Configuration Verizon FIOS Router WAP combo Laptop is using cable to connect Wireless is currently turned off on laptop Both computers are in the same quot workgroup quot Both computers are set to quot Home network quot Symptoms Unable to see homegroup on network in order to join it in network status in the map at the top of the screen on the PC it is called quot Network quot and on the laptop it is the same name as my SSID from time to time as I'm troubleshooting I observe that the link between my network icon and the internet icon within the status map shows a red X and quot connections quot will only show quot local quot and yet I'm still able to surf the internet Troubleshooting steps taken chose quot leave the homegroup quot on the PC and create it on Laptop fail performed the old and faithful quot share quot and was able to share an entire disk e from the PC and see it and manipulate it from the laptop ping also works but that's obvious now Shared a folder on the Laptop and was able to access it from PC PCs show up in quot computer network quot on both computers and shares are visible there also On another forum post came a suggestion to disable IPv - Went to properties for the LAN connection on both computers and unchecked quot Internet Protocol Version TCP IPv - restarted both PCs unnecessary I know now - tried to create homegroup and received error quot a homegroup can only be created on a home network quot Repeated this and the result on both machines - checked IPv box back on in connection settings - repeated steps again and created homegroups with same being that I cannot join the newly created from from other other computer I've tried to provide a comprehensive set of the experience Your help is appreciated

A:Can't join Homegroup

Hey i think im having a similar problem to you. I originally had homegroup working fine on our network. But then one computer lost the homegroup and was unable to reconnect.

I tried to leave the original homegroup but now i just have the option to join it and when i try it says a homegroup cannot be created on this computer. 0x80632094 - error code.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. (like how do you get rid of an old homegroup no-one is joined to or can join).

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/2479-cant-join-homegroup.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Want my Windows 8.1 computer to join my HomeGroup which currently consists of my Win 7 desktop and Win 7 laptop.

In Network and Sharing Center it sees the HomeGroup and says "Available to Join". I try to join by inputting the password and after a minute it says "Windows no longer detects a homegroup on this network...."

Why is this happening? What to do? What is the point of having multiple computers if you can't join them.

I also see that I can't even access the other computer through network. It shows both computers yet when I click on one it says its not accessible, I don't have permissions, etc. I have done nothing to change anything. Why can't I see other computers on my own network? On my two Win 7 computers it was as simple as could be. Why is this Win 8.1 giving me trouble?

A:Can't join HomeGroup

Hello Bru,

Check to see if the information at the top of the tutorials below may help. If not, then leave the homegroup on all computers, create a new homegroup on the W8.1 computer, and add the W7 computers.

Homegroup - Join in Windows 8

Homegroup - Add Computer or Join - Windows 7 Help Forums

Hope this helps for now.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/47587-cant-join-homegroup.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I just setup a samba server on a linux box I have in another room My laptop Win Home premium is on wireless and can't access the share In my living room I have a wireless router which sends internet wirelessly to my bedroom where my linux box is That room has another wireless router which bridges the connection to ethernet My mac wired in my living room can access the shares And so can my linux partition on my wireless laptop But Windows just doesn't see it It can see my wireless roku device connected to my TV though All the devices mentioned are on the same subnet and I can ping the linux box from windows and tracert shows only the linux box no other devices so nothing Wireless wired can't share access samba linux win7 should be interfering in between I'm lost on what to do I've tried everything I can think of and can't find any information online that works or is applicable to this setup Network discovery is on remember it does see my roku tried connecting by IP hostname but doesn't work I tried disabling the host firewall but didn't help The network devices Windows can see is Network the network name Stuff itself and Roku Stick I've attached a picture of my network layout

A:Wireless win7 can't access wired linux samba share

ok, so I found a workaround I guess. I would still like to know why it won't show up in the "Network" drop down or any other way to connect. Anyway, so I used

net use x: \\$IP\$share folder /user:$IP\$username

If i can connect this way, why can't I connect any other way?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/358968-wireless-win7-cant-access-wired-linux-samba-share.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello everyone. I set up a homegroup years ago.. and had it set to two computers linked up and ready to go. Now we moved, got new everything and trying to set it up again but its showing my old homegroup.

I can ether click on (Change Adv Settings) or Troubleshoot.

Also Join now key.. it ask for a password and at that point iv tried everything i could think of.

Iv tried to watch youtube videos on fixing it but can't find the same problem.

Any Help?

Thank you

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/57155-unable-join-homegroup.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hey everyone!

So I recently installed Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bits on my computer.

When I go in the control panel, to create a homegroup, it asks me what I want to share, then I click on next, and it says it won't create a homegroup because I need to have Internet Protocol V6 (IPv6) activated.

So I went to the network and sharing center, in the CP, change adapter settings, right-clicked on my connection, clicked on properties, and, yes, IPv6 was on.
So I tried again and it still won't work. I tried turning it off, trying it again then turning it back on again, nothing. I updated my driver for the Ethernet, still won't work.

So I tried creating a homegroup on another computer, it worked, but I can't join on my computer for same reason.

Anyone have this problem?

A:IPv6 is on, but can't join homegroup!

Quote: Originally Posted by shawn10

Hey everyone!

So I recently installed Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bits on my computer.

When I go in the control panel, to create a homegroup, it asks me what I want to share, then I click on next, and it says it won't create a homegroup because I need to have Internet Protocol V6 (IPv6) activated.

So I went to the network and sharing center, in the CP, change adapter settings, right-clicked on my connection, clicked on properties, and, yes, IPv6 was on.
So I tried again and it still won't work. I tried turning it off, trying it again then turning it back on again, nothing. I updated my driver for the Ethernet, still won't work.

So I tried creating a homegroup on another computer, it worked, but I can't join on my computer for same reason.

Anyone have this problem?

Shawn

Haven't heard of that problem but you dont have to use homegroup to network. You can use workgroup. That would also avoid the IPv6 problem because workgroup doesn't need it and workgroup is easier to share.

Hope this helps

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/29513-ipv6-but-cant-join-homegroup.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi I'm trying to connect computers - desktop and laptops - all Windows Professional x Desktop wired laptops - wireless same router home network Windows Homegroup is working well between the desktop and one of the laptops The other laptop can join the homegroup but quot No other homegroup One Homegroup join, see PC computers can not can other but computers are currently available quot Anyway other computers and shared folders are visible under Network folder Other machines can see each other in the HomeGroup but this laptop is missing I have shared Libraries on every machine After hours of investigations I found that when joining homegroup from this laptop Homegroupuser is not created in Control Panel Administrative tools Computer management Local Users and Groups User Also in Control Panel Credential Manager Windows Credentials there are no any items like in the other machines Credentials like MACHINE NAME One PC can join, but can not see other Homegroup computers Homegroupuser No third party firewall Microsoft Security Essentials - Engine Version Windows Firewall - Homegroup allowed services - HomeGroup Listener HomeGroup Provider Peer Name Resolution Protocol Peer Networking Grouping and Peer Networking Identity Manager - started though in Manual mode This laptop can create Homegroup and other machines can join it but the situation is getting worse - no one can see any other machine HomeGroup troubleshooter can not see any problems I'm considering missing Homegroupuser is the problem in my case Pls help

A:One PC can join, but can not see other Homegroup computers

Ensure netbios over TCPIP is enabled on all computers.
Username and password on all machines are the same.
In advanced sharing Everyone permissions are set to full control.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/286351-one-pc-can-join-but-can-not-see-other-homegroup-computers.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Have two latops both running Windows both on home network linked to BT homehub Once had homegroup working and found it very helpful Not sure what created original problem but now can't reestablish link - despite many many hours of trying Can no - join now option Homegroup create homegroup on each laptop separately but neither appears to 'see' the other So once I have set up a group on one laptop and go into the homegroup set up on the other the 'join now' option never Homegroup - no join now option appears - all I get is the option to 'create a homegroup' on the second laptop I can create a homegroup on both giving them the same passord etc but they still don't 'see' each other Both laptops say they are joined to a homegroup but when I click on the homegroup icon I get the message 'there are no other people in the hoemgroup' Have run all the usual troubleshooters - the time is the same on both PCs they both have the same workgroup name Any ideas how to sort this much appreciated Homegroup - no join now option

A:Homegroup - no join now option

I'm not extremely familial with homegroups so someone else might have more knowledge with there problems and fixes, but since you can only have one homegroup on a network subnet is it possible that the 2 computer are on different subnets? Could you post the IPconfig /all option 2 of each computer specify which is which.

Ipconfig /all

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/260426-homegroup-no-join-now-option.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I have 3 computers in my home - 1 desktop and 2 laptops.

When I set up a Homegroup, the desktop and one of the laptops connect just fine.

They are able to share files, steam media, etc... But the other laptop can't join.

It can see the homegroup, but when I run the wizard to join it, it can't connect.

I have already tried all the troubleshooters on all three computers.

All three computers are running a version of Windows 7 x64.

Please help, getting rather frustrated!

A:Laptop Can't Join Homegroup

Hello, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might check through this to see if it may be able to help.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/172390-laptop-cant-join-homegroup.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I have seen many many threads about homegroup issues but no one seems to give enough nbsp data regarding their initial problem the threads get hijacked by other users with similar non-descriptive homegroup nbsp issues nbsp and I'm seeing the same 'solutions' being given that don't seem to help Please I'm going crazy with this My issue When I everything almost Cannot have Join HomeGroup tried Windows - 7 create a home group on any computer none of the other computers can Cannot Join Windows 7 HomeGroup - have tried almost everything see it Each computer only offers the 'Create a home group' option Details - I'm running Windows Home Premium bit nbsp desktop computers No laptop involved - Both computers can see each other over the local network - IPv is enabled on both - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services Tcpip Parameters DisabledComponents - Windows Firewall is enabled on both - AVG Free Anti-Virus on both not AVG Internet Security Firewall - Network type nbsp is set to 'Home' on both - Network discovery is ON on both computers - nbsp -bit encryption is nbsp ON on both computers - Password protected sharing is OFF on both computers - Windows is set to manage the homegroup - Workgroup is same on both computers- HAVE run the Home Group troubleshooter on both computers Once it complained about the clocks not syncronized but they are set to exactly the same time seconds difference between the computers No luck there obviously - Router is Linksys WRT N vers Services running on both computers Set to Automatic - DNS Client - Function Discovery Provider Host - Function Discovery Resource Publication - Peer Networking Grouping - HomeGroup Provider - HomeGroup Listener - SSDP Discovery - UPnP Device Host There was time when suddenly a HomeGroup was visible to the other computer After joining and later restarting the computers could not see each other via the HomeGroup Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Cannot Join Windows 7 HomeGroup - have tried almost everything

Thanks for your help Nano Warp. Completely uninstalling AVG fixed everything....which I discovered after buying a new router, reinstalling Windows 7 on both computers and going half insane!AVG is the anti-HomeGroup and anti-Play-To!!!!!!! As you suggested, I think that the "LinkScanner" feature may be the culprit, but I got rid of the app completely. During our previous testing I had only deactivated "ResidentShield" which didn't do the trick obviously.Again, thanks for you help.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/15f0efb0-8c04-49da-a9c1-c6a876924477/cannot-join-windows-7-homegroup-have-tried-almost-everything?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 67.08%

[solved]I cannot access files because it shows 'not permission'
How do I give permission in another pc?
SOLVED~

A:Managed to join homegroup but....

What was the solution?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/40499-managed-join-homegroup-but.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello i have recently got a brand new machine and have updated from windows xp to windows I have been trying to join the homegroup set up on my parents computer so i can access the printer My computer is connected to my wired router before going into a ethernet connector in my wall and that homegroup to join Unable then joins the modem I am using norton internet security and so is my parents computer When my computer is plugged into the router and i go into 'trust control' in norton my router shows up as full trust but no other computers show up and when i try joining homegroups none show up But Unable to join homegroup when i plug my computer into the wall bypassing my router norton shows all the computers on the network and lets me join Unable to join homegroup the homegroup So to summarise i cant join homegroups when i am connected to my router but i can join when i dont use the router Any help please Edit My router is a Netgear WGR v

A:Unable to join homegroup

Hello,

Do you need to use the router? When you say you plug it into the wall, does that go to a switch?

Have a look at this Windows HomeGroup troubleshooting guide and see if it helps:
Ultimate Troubleshooting Guide for Windows 7 HomeGroup Connection Issues

If this fails, tell use what model router you have.
Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/198313-unable-join-homegroup.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I have created a homegroup on one computer, but on the other computer I cant join it, it says "There is no homegroup on the network". I have tried every suggestion from Why can't I create a homegroup? . What else can I do? Both of the computers are behind a switch. Below is a picture of the network map from network and sharing center.

A:Cant join homegroup from other computer?

Hello Borut, and welcome to Sevenforums

Go into network and sharing center, and on the far left, click "Change advanced sharing settings".
Make sure Network discovery, file and printer sharing, and "Allow windows to manage homegroup connections" are all turned on (you may want to turn on public folder sharing as well).

Additionally, go to Control Panel>Network and Internet>Homegroup and make sure you have selected the things you are willing to share. You can also view the password in this page if you are the host, or you can start the homegroup troubleshooter. Now follow this picture to get to the homegroup join page:

If you still can't, restart the computer and try again. Failing that, update your computer. Failing that, you have a deeper problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/214856-cant-join-homegroup-other-computer.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Good day everyone

I have a question on how or why i cant connect to a home group or even view shared files

I have this kind of connection in my network

(LAPTOP1-Server)
::
(HOMEGROUP) :::: (LAPTOP2)
(Wireless Router1)
|
|
Cable
|
|
(Wireless Router2)
(LAPTOP3)

Laptop3 is having an internet but cant join to a homegroup or to view the shared file of the Server Laptop.
Router1 is having an IP 192.168.1.1 and Router2 is having an IP 192.168.1.2.

Thank you so much.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/394662-cant-join-homegroup-but-internet.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I am gonna be blunt here I did post this in a HomeGroup thread already and no luck with a reply So I am going to start a new thread So I did the final upgrade about weeks ago on of my machines Now Homegroup is not working I have gone through steps from multiple sites with no luck at getting this working Here is the break down Laptop asking HomeGroup to on that join PC is should it. created have Sony Vaio Basic specs Running bit Media Center Nothing special Running Main PC Really not special Running I want the Main PC to be the creator of the Home Group For some reason the laptop wants to be the creator of the home group So I shut it down Now I HomeGroup is asking to join on PC that should have created it. went to create the home group on my main pc and it says its already created The twist is that it says that my Main PC is the home group creator and that the only options is to join or close This is on my pc that I want it to be created on I have gone through with stopping and restarting services for the HomeGroup I have deleted all the files files out of the C Windows ServiceProfiles LocalService AppData Roaming PeerNetworking folder I have shut down all machines But still says that Main PC has created the group already I am Stumped

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/60535-homegroup-asking-join-pc-should-have-created.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello:

I just connected my Toshiba Satellite L675 wirelessly to my new modem gateway (include router), Motorola SURFboard SBG6580. The laptop has Win 7 Home Premium. My desktop (Win 7 Ultimate) is connected via Ethernet cable to the modem gateway. Both can access the Internet.

I set up a Home local network from the desktop, with a password. Both computers show Homegroup in the Control Panel.

When I click on the laptop Homegroup icon, and then on Join, and I add the password, I get "Incorrect password". The password is *correct*.

What can I do to get around this problem? Thank you in advance for help.

Hans L

A:Can't join laptop to Homegroup

For a test, get rid of the password and see what happens.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/128158-cant-join-laptop-homegroup.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi there, I'm there are some threads on this but I couldn't find any answers.

My Problem is, I re-installed windows 7 on my computer containing the Homegroup. Now I can only join the homegroup that should no longer exist.

Is there a way to reset the homegroup on an Operating System that is no longer accessible?

Any help would be much appreciated!

-Jon

A:Cannot create Homegroup, Only Join...

Quote: Originally Posted by Jbknight3

Hi there, I'm there are some threads on this but I couldn't find any answers.

My Problem is, I re-installed windows 7 on my computer containing the Homegroup. Now I can only join the homegroup that should no longer exist.

Is there a way to reset the homegroup on an Operating System that is no longer accessible?

Any help would be much appreciated!

-Jon

Does this mean you can't leave the Homegroup on the other networked machines? I'll assume that is the case.

This is another Windows 7 bug apparently so you need to remove some files from the Peer Networking folder in order to fix this problem. This needs to be done on all machines that were in this Homegroup.

The fix for this problem seems to be Deleting all files which reside in PeerNetworking at> C:\windows\serviceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking

In order to see the AppData folder you will need to go into Folder Options in the Control Panel and put a check mark to "Show Hidden Files and Folders".

It's required that you do this on all Homegroup networked machines. Then reboot all machines. You should now be able to leave the old Homegroup and create a new one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/300427-cannot-create-homegroup-only-join.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hey everybody. I have 1 computer. It's a bran new computer with a bran new install of Windows 7 64bit (so all settings are default). I created a homegroup on a home network and Windows had me write down a password. I accidentally left the home group. Whenever I try to create it again, I don't get the create homegroup option, but rather a "Join Homegroup" option. I thought I got rid of it when I left. I typed in my written down password with no luck.

Real quick, how do I get the "create a homegroup" option back instead of the "join homegroup" option?

A:Can't Create Homegroup, Only Join.

The fix for this problem seems to be Deleting the file idstore.sst under C:\windows\serviceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking

There is also a registry adjustment for this problem which should be corrected with the following procedure. This is from Technet.

1. Temporarily disable Firewall and third party antivirus program on the computer for a test.

2. Verify relevant services
=========================
a. Click "Start", type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in Search Bar and press Enter.

Note: If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

b. Right click the "Peer Networking Grouping" service and choose Properties.
c. Please check if the service is started; if not, please click the Start button and see if it works.
d. You may also choose Automatic next to Startup type.
e. Click OK.
f. Please repeat the above steps with another service: PNRP Machine Name Publication Service.

3. Modify IPv6 registry key to enable IPV6
==========================
a. Click Start, type regedit in Search Bar, and then click regedit in the Programs list.

Note: If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.

b. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\TCPIP6\Parameters

c. Check whether the "DisabledComponents" registry key exists. If so, let's move on the next steps.
d. Double click the "DisabledComponents" registry key and modify the value to 0.

(If the key doesn't exist, please create the key above and assign the value 0)

e. Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...b-4babd99bf1e3

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/112697-cant-create-homegroup-only-join.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I am having problems with the HomeGroup feature. It simply will not let me join or create a Homegroup. If I try and create the homegroup on this machine it refuses and simply states 'Cannot create a HomeGroup on this computer' All other aspects of networking and file sharing work fine. After running the HomeGroup troubleshooter it identifies the HomeGroup service as not running, but it cannot autofix or switch it on?

A:Cannot Join/Create HomeGroup

Yes. I've given up on this one. Besides I struggle to see the point in a Home network environment. I just have the folders/files I want to access shared and mapped like i always have done int he past.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/453c3e1d-a980-417c-a6e6-d4c5c1af79a1/cannot-joincreate-homegroup?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 67.08%

I have 20 desktop computers connected to a switch, created a homegroup on one but others can't see it, instead of asking me to join, they are all still displaying ready to create. pls what is the way out.

A:Computers can't join Homegroup

Welcome to Seven Forums,

I'd go for the title of your Thread and here's what I have found out.
Why can't I join a homegroup?

Please let us know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/226362-computers-cant-join-homegroup.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I have a 3 PC ("Server" and two others) home network.
On my Server, OLDLOCALUSER created a Homegroup in Win7.
I upgraded all 3 PCs from Win7 to Win10.
On my Server, I changed my OLDLOCALUSER to NEWMSACCOUNT.
I also created NEWMSACCOUNT on the two other PCs.
I lost the Homegroup password.
When I try to access the Homegroup from Server or the other 2 PCs, I'm told that OLDLOCALUSER has already created a Homegroup.
How can I remove the Homegroup or join the Homegroup?
I would like to use the Homegroup.

Thanks,
Pete

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38345-cant-join-delete-homegroup.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I am having problems setting up a Homegroup HomeGroup to Unable join which I would like to do so that I can use one external hard drive for backing up data etc from two Windows computers Although I am still running a third desktop with Windows Vista I will remove that computer once all is up and running on the two Windows computers as I realize Vista Unable to join HomeGroup cannot join the Homegroup The following is the computer information and troubleshooting steps done so far Currently running three desktop computers Windows VISTA Home Premium SP Computer Name Shark Workgroup Workgroup Windows Computer Name DRB-ASUS Workgroup Workgroup Windows -bit Computer Name SAM-ASUS Workgroup Workgroup Computers are currently networked through a router modem Both Windows computers are able to create a Homegroup but no matter which computer creates the Homegroup the other Windows computer is unable to see the Homegroup and therefore cannot join it even though neither computer is asleep nor hibernating There is no error message just the information that there is no Homegroup available to be joined Troubleshooting Both computers networks are configured as Private Network Computer clocks are synchronized on all computers All computers are connected by Ethernet rather than wireless Sharing On both Windows computers the following sharing is configured Private has network discovery turned on with automatic setup of network connected devices ticked file and printer sharing is turned on Windows is allowed to manage homegroup connections Guest or Public network discovery is turned on file and printer sharing is turned on All Networks public folder sharing is turned on file sharing connections uses -bit encryption password protected sharing is turned off When creating HomeGroups from either Windows computer in an attempt to link sharing was turned on for Pictures Videos Music and Documents In Administrative Tools Services both Windows computers have the following files shown as running DNS Client Function Discovery Provider Host Function Discovery Resource Publication Homegroup Listener Homegroup Provider Network List Service Peer Name Resolution Protocol Peer Networking Grouping Peer Networking Identity Manager Server SSDP Discovery and UPnP Device Host Both Windows computers have the network connection adapter settings turned on in the properties for the following File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks Internet Protocol Version and Internet Protocol Version In the Ethernet Status window however both computers show IPv Connectivity as Internet but IPv Connectivity as No Internet access I am not sure what this means or whether it matters I have run the Homegroup Troubleshooter including the Network Troubleshooter on both computers with no resolution of the problem I have temporarily disabled the firewall and anti-virus anti-spyware software on both Windows computers to no avail Both computers have Total Defense Security Software installed and running I noted two interesting items but am not knowledgeable enough to interpret The name of the private network is different on one Windows computer It is called Beekeeper the name of the router-modem whereas the other two computers Windows and Vista show the name Network The first Windows computer was initially named Network as opposed to Network and changed to Beekeeper when I connected it via wifi in an attempt to standardize the name of the network on all three Now although I ve reconnected by Ethernet the name remains as Beekeeper and did not revert to Network Also the current sharing through the network is weird When viewing in Windows Explorer under Network all three computers see all default and public folders but vary regarding the individual user folders Vista computer Network and Windows Beekeeper can see the user folders for each other but neither can see the other Windows Network user folders Windows Network can see the user folders for all three computers I am by no means an expert ... Read more

A:Unable to join HomeGroup

Hello Sam, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Unfortunately, only PCs running Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 are able to create or join a homegroup together. Vista will not be able to join.

For the Windows 8 PCs, double check through the items listed in the tutorials below to see if it may help.

Homegroup - Create in Windows 8

Homegroup - Join in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/31697-unable-join-homegroup.html
Relevancy 67.08%

So my mediacenter-PC Windows in my living room was the main computer where i created a homegroup I had all my other PC's connected to it no problem Not until i updated my personal myname-PC to Windows clean install now it doesn't want to connect to the join created is/was to PC me asking Homegroup where homegroup anymore So i decided to leave the homegroup in my mediacenter-PC and start a new one However from now on trying to join the homegroup with myname-PC with the password i was given does not join it says cannot join So i decide to again my mediacenter-PC leave the homegroup i do and behold apparently the homegroup still exists The weird thing is it says join Steve Harold mediacenter-PC homegroup this is showing on the same computer i created that very same homegroup So the computer where i created the homegroup which i had left is asking me to join its own homegroup Can anyone help me been trying to fix this for two days and can't do it

A:PC where Homegroup is/was created asking me to join

That is because you need to recreate the Homegroup.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/69868-pc-where-homegroup-created-asking-me-join.html
Relevancy 67.08%

When I am trying to connect my printer wirelessly I am getting message
Peer net working grouping service not running

Peername resolution protocol service /peer networking identity manager service is not working

My computer knowledge is basic. Pl help me solve the problem.

drnedun

A:unable to join homegroup

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Read the Link below ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/358768-unable-join-homegroup.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I ve got a regular desktop pc and a laptop Both are running Windows If both machines are wired file and printer sharing works like expected If the laptop is on the wireless things go sour The machines don t see each other I can t ping the laptop from the desktop or vice versa Strangely enough if I ping the desktop from the laptop by IP address the desktop will reply At that point the desktop will see the Solved: doesn't file wired-wired works, sharing wired-wireless laptop too and sharing file printer amp media works fine But if Solved: wired-wired file sharing works, wired-wireless doesn't the connection is idle for a couple of minutes Solved: wired-wired file sharing works, wired-wireless doesn't they won t see each other anymore I ve tried all kinds of things disabled IPv on both reconfigured file and printer sharing disabled the firewalls on both But none of these changes have had any effect whatsoever I have also tried to give everything the same name SSID workgroup and network name on the desktop but that had no effect either More info - Wired and wireless clients are on the same subnet - The router is a Linksys WRT- N - AP isolation is disabled - uPnP is enabled on the router Does anyone have any clue how to fix this nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

I would like to be able to share files among the computer on my LAN. Unfortunately, the are not all running Windows 8. My question is can my Ununtu 12.10 based laptop be set up to join Homegroup? I'd like to share files on my LAN without needing to build a network server, or anything crazy.

A:Can my Ubuntu computer join my Homegroup?

Originally Posted by patagriff

I would like to be able to share files among the computer on my LAN. Unfortunately, the are not all running Windows 8. My question is can my Ununtu 12.10 based laptop be set up to join Homegroup? I'd like to share files on my LAN without needing to build a network server, or anything crazy.

Only Windows 7 or 8 machine can join the Homegroup however, you can easily share files between Ubuntu and Windows 7 or 8 machines. The link below shows you how.

How to Share Folders in Ubuntu & Access them from Windows 7 | 7 Tutorials

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/14822-can-my-ubuntu-computer-join-my-homegroup.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi guys Since I reinstalled my Windows I Network join can't - problem homegroup can't join the homegroup and have problem accessing another pc in the network Before the reinstall everything worked great More detailed When I try joining the homegroup I get the error message quot Windows can t join Network problem - can't join homegroup homegroup on this computer quot And when I try to access one PC lets call it otherPC via the windows explorer also Windows but Home Premium I get following error message quot otherPC is not accessible You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions Logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer quot Another computer windows Insider Preview just asks for logon data when I try to access it via windows explorer I guess this is the normal case The Windows computer was able to join the homegroup and can access the otherPC and when trying to access my PC it gets the popup for logon information just like in When I try to access my PC from the otherPC via the windows explorer that it takes a moment and then also pop up the logon window I have been at it for hours and don't know what to do about Things I tried - restarting internet box all computers are connected over it - making sure TCPIP is activated DisabledComponents in registry - disabling Kaspersky Internet Security on both PCs although Windows computer had no problem with it - checked following services if they are started DNS Client Function Discovery Provider Host Function Discovery Resource Publication HomeGroup Listener HomeGroup Provider Network List Service Peer Networking Grouping Server SSDP Discovery UPnP Device Host - renaming idstore sst to idstore old sst so i gets created new again althoug I left file idstore sst new be - MicrosoftFixit HomeGroup Run exe doesn't work anymore - both computers in same workgroup - homenetwork chosen for active network It's possible I left something out but I read and tried so much I lost count Hope you can help me out and many thanks in advance

A:Network problem - can't join homegroup

See Homegroup - Add Computer or Join to make sure all is good.

Also Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon - Microsoft Community

Do you have Guest enabled? Password protected sharing?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/376814-network-problem-cant-join-homegroup.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I need help with these I cannot join my homegroup.

A:Cannot join Homegroup Permission Issues

Quote: Originally Posted by lkurrt

I need help with these I cannot join my homegroup.

You might try going down the list of Homegroup fixes in the link below. It covers most of the common issues associated with setting up a Homegroup.

Ultimate Troubleshooting Guide for Windows 7 HomeGroup Connection Issues - Help Desk Geek

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/297913-cannot-join-homegroup-permission-issues.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi,

My computer has been in a homegroup for awhile. I have not utilized homegroup for awhile either. When I went to examine the homegroup details and the main homegroup screen opened, my computer gave me a blue screen of death and APC_Index_Mismatch.

I left the homegroup. Now, when I rejoin, within 5-15 sec. I get the same BSOD with the same APC_Index_Mismatch.

My computer is:

Motherboard: P6X58D
CPU: Intel 930
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GTX 480
Windows 7 64 bit (first OS)
System a year old and the OS 1 month

Power Supply: 1000W Antec TruPower

Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2.zip

041111-17206-02.rar

perfmon.rar

Those are files from the BSOD instructions by jcgriff

Can anyone help me?

I have not received any help from other forums.

Thanks.

A:Homegroup join spurs bsod

I ran driver verify and got the blue screen....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/homegroup-join-spurs-bsod-565473.html
Relevancy 66.65%

this problem just began happening mysteriously well today I googled a bit trying to fix files and but can't homegroup, can share see join it I don't want to sidetrack the discussion but needless to say I found nothing that seemed to address my problem directly so I have a PC and a laptop Both computers can see each other but only the laptop can access and can join and see homegroup, but can't share files share files with the PC When I attempt to access files via homegroup from the PC nothing happens As in it just does nothing I click on shared folders they don't open When I attempt to access files via the network I can see my laptop but when I click to enter it I get Windows cannot access OMNI-LAPTOP quot check the spelling of the name otherwise there might be a problem with your network quot from the laptop I can access and share files with the PC no problem This just started happening I have no clue why and I can't figure out what is wrong The PC discovers and sees things just like it should but I can't actually access anything The laptop however can access the PC despite the fact that the PC claims there is a network problem The ONLY change I've made between now and the last time I was able to access successfully was I fixed some goofiness in my network Previously I had a modem router and a router and both routers were acting as routers I put the modem router in bridge mode so that I have just one router now But that's it

A:can join and see homegroup, but can't share files

Quote:
The ONLY change I've made between now and the last time I was able to access successfully was I fixed some goofiness in my network. Previously, I had a modem/router and a router, and both routers were acting as routers. I put the modem/router in bridge mode, so that I have just one router now. But that's it.

Are both computers now connected to the same router and therefore have IP addresses in the same Subnet, i.e. you're not connecting one by ethernet to the Modem/Router and the second "wirelessly" to the Router?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/47699-can-join-see-homegroup-but-cant-share-files.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a Hp Envy 15 running windows 8

I have joined a homegroup but as of this morning I am unable to access any of the shared files or re-join the homegroup.

every time I try i keep getting the same errors

1. Unable to join a homegroup
--> (run troubleshooter)
---> Network related issues
----> CMD (admin) Ipconfig/ release & renew
same issue...

not sure what else to do or why this keeps re-occurring

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55801-win-8-laptop-does-not-want-join-homegroup-crashes.html
Relevancy 66.65%

G'day,

I have recently tried to create a HomeGroup on my Win 7 Home Premium machine and it is not possible for some reason. When opening the "Network and Sharing" section and then clicking on "HomeGroup", I get a message stating that "This computer can't connect to a HomeGroup". Running the troubleshooter doesn't help. Looking in "Administrative Tools>services", I see two HomeGroup entries; HomeGroup Provider and HomeGroup Listener. Trying to start these services results in error windows popping up. (see below) I also note that there is no HomeGroup icon in my Explorer tree. Can anyone help with this? I thank you up front.

Cheers,
Fritz

A:Unable to create/join HomeGroup

If the Homegroup icon doesn't show up in the network tree then something is pretty messed up here.

Try running the sfc/scannow command from an elevated command prompt and see what it comes up with.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/292948-unable-create-join-homegroup.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have new Acer computers Windows Computer Join This Cannot on Homegroup both running Windows Cannot Join Homegroup on This Computer Windows Home Premium I am attempting to share files on a homegroup for the first time I can create a home group on either computer but I get this message when try to join the newly created home group from other computer quot Windows can Windows Cannot Join Homegroup on This Computer t join homegroup on this computer quot In other words both can create a homegroup but whatever the one creates the other cannot join One important note is that one of the computers does not have the three network adapters the other has It is missing a wifi adapter although it has a wifi port Could this be part of the problem Following are the steps I have completed to date all of which were redone by a quot for fee quot networking service except for resetting the router I had already done this multiple times These are not necessarily in the order I did them and I retried creating and joining a homegroup on both computers between each quot fix quot I checked the status and network map on both computers between steps to verify changes were registered correctly by both Various corrections were made along the way but none worked Note I do not want to individually share files or folders Due to my specific needs I want to get the homegroup working Checked for same workgroup homegroup computer name user name and password on both computers both computers have security setting set to home Renamed each one of these individually and then returned to original name Rebooted between each step Checked that both had same network map Ran trouble shooter until no problems found on both machines Rebooted Reset both clocks to internet Rebooted both Unchecked needing a password Rebooted both Turned off firewalls on both computers Risky I know but running out things to try Switched which computer was creating and which was joining Rebooting between Left the homegroup on both computers Rebooted both Created new homegroup on one computer and joined on other Rebooted both Repeated process with creating homegroup on opposite computer No success Made sure both computers had same advanced sharing settings including turning on network discovery and turning off password protected sharing Rebooted Both PCs left homegroup Rebooted both Reset both computers to public security settings Rebooted both Then set both back to home Rebooted Set up homegroup on and then tried to join on mine Didn t work Reversed Reset router and created new network and began again with everything multiple times Disabled all other network adapters on both computers Created ethernet connection both computers with ethernet cable and tried again no success Rebooted both Unchecked and rechecked IPv box back on in connection settings Rebooted Checked that Peer Networking Grouping and Home Group Provider services were in started status on both computers They were but I restarted both Navigated to the idstore sst in the following location C windows serviceProfiles LocalService AppData Roaming PeerNetworking deleted it restarted both computers No success On Both Computers Ran windows update Ran antivirus and malware Ran utilities cleaning up registry errors and registry defrag multiple times during process Ran chkdisc Have spent days on this including calling a networking fee service associated with cisco I have an E linksys router and both computers have b g n The fee service concluded the problem was a microsoft bug and gave up and told me to call microsoft but apparently they will only help if I bought the windows home premium separately from the computer Thank you for reading all this I would be soooo very appreciative of any help

A:Windows Cannot Join Homegroup on This Computer

Hi sanjarver, I had the same problem as you, I read everything I could and still it would not work. I had made a system back up image with Acronis 2010, so was safe to experiment till the moon turned blue. First thing I did was remove ALL my AV/AM programs and Outpost Firewall Pro (desktop) + Outpost Security Suite free (laptop) set advanced adapter (network) to default/recommended settings, installed MSE v2 on both pc's. Set Homegroup on desktop, joined it on Laptop and it worked perfectly.
Previous attempts with firewall's disabled and set to 'auto learning mode' failed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/142997-windows-cannot-join-homegroup-computer.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Short version Windows is join in loop? stuck Homegroup seems saying it sees a homegroup on my PC under my user ID but it is not actually Homegroup seems stuck in join loop? in the homegroup - it is forcing me to try to join the group it says I already created All homegroup functions have recently stopped working after mostly working OK for a year under Win and Win Here's what is happening With all other PCs turned off I restart my main Windows PC quot Media PC quot and sign in under myname outlook com Under HomeGroup I am then prompted to join a HomeGroup It says quot myname outlook com on Media PC has created a homegroup on the network quot But instead of seeing the homegroup control page where you can change the password etc it is displaying a quot join now quot button I don't have the password and without the normal homegroup panel I can't reset the password or do anything except join If I so click join it asks for the password which I don't know and can't change see above If I enter a dummy password it says quot Windows can no longer detect a homegroup on this network quot - but then immediately brings me back to the message shown above That makes no sense - it is asking me to join a homegroup that it says my user already created and denying me the normal homegroup tools to try to fix it I have restarted the PC several times restarted my router switched the network from private to public and back restarting in between toggled the HomeGroup services off and on and deleted the contents of the hidden quot PeerNetworking quot folder And I am still stuck in this loop - unable to join a homegroup it says I already created Really all I want is simple s style folder sharing on my home network Up until this week homegroups usually were good enough I thought the days of reformat reinstall were behind me but it seems like my last option to restore normal network activity Any help or suggestions are appreciated Edited to improve late-night clarity

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/35599-homegroup-seems-stuck-join-loop.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I was unable to join a Homegroup on my netbook and found no help anywhere but stumbled on a solution on solution problem join Can't - homegroup and my own Here is what fixed my homegroup problem Go to Control Panel and click on Adminstrative Tools Scroll down and click on Services Scroll down and right click on Homegroup Provider Service Click on Start the Service If got this Can't join homegroup - problem and solution messsage Windows could not start Homegroup Provider Service on Local Computer Error The account specified for this service is different from the account specificied for other services running the same process Here Can't join homegroup - problem and solution is what I did next Cancel error message and right click on Homegroup Provider Service again Scroll down and click on Properties Click on Logon tab Click on This Account button Click on Browse Click on Advanced Click on Find Now Double Click on Local Service Click on OK Local Service then appears in a box on the Logon tab Beneath it are two boxes with rows of asterixes Delete all of the asterixes then click on Apply then click on OK Right click on Homegroup Provider Service Click on Start Homegroup Provider Service then started and I was able to join a homegroup

A:Can't join homegroup - problem and solution

Thanks for sharing your fix with everyone

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/235471-cant-join-homegroup-problem-solution.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I originally set up a Homegroup from a PC I have now replaced. My new PC recognises that there is a Homegroup, but won't let me join - it says the password is wrong.

Of course, I can't see the password because I can't join ...

"There's a hole in my bucket ..."

A:New PC replaces Homegroup host, but won't let me join

Can you log in to one of the other computers that are part of the original Home Group and get the password there?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/157090-new-pc-replaces-homegroup-host-but-wont-let-me-join.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I currently have an issue where both to Homegroup Windows Join Unable computers can see each other in Unable to Join Windows Homegroup network discovery and both can see that there is a home group available to join but they always fail when entering the passcode when the PC is the host I get a windows can no longer detect the homegroup error on the laptop when the laptop is the host I get a windows cannot setup a homegroup on this computer on the pc The PC is running Ultimate and the laptop is running and a homegroup was previously working in the past I have completely disabled windows firewall and uninstalled the custom firewall I was using I also wiped the peer network profiles on both machines The only error report is the same on both devices - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-HomeGroup-ProviderService quot Guid quot C BDB EB- - C E- - F D C EF quot gt lt Provider gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt TimeCreated gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Execution gt lt Channel gt Microsoft-Windows-HomeGroup Provider Service Operational lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Laptop lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot Error quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot Message quot gt Computer lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

Hello everyone Clean install on both computers win professional everything on default no rd party firewalls or antiviral software Internet access through router D-Link DIR- Desktop connects to it through LAN netbook asus eeepc h - wireless Router's firewall is off The PCs can see each other in the network the quot old quot way they have the same workgroup name but only netbook sees desktop in the homegroup Desktop can't see netbook I can create homegroup on PC and gain access to the shared files from the netbook but can't do see desktop! netbook but homegroup, Can join can't it the other way IMPORTANT When I connected netbook to the router through cable everything worked fine This means that there's something wrong with netbook wifi adapter But I've already tried install the latest drivers - it didn't help Please people what am I doing wrong Spent the Can join homegroup, but netbook can't see desktop! whole weekend on this really need to make it work Hope you may Can join homegroup, but netbook can't see desktop! help thanks UPD Changed the router from DIR- to DIR- the problem's gone

A:Can join homegroup, but netbook can't see desktop!

First make sure these settings are the same on both machines. Pay attention to the network discovery setting and the password protected sharing. These Advanced Sharing settings need to look like the pictures below.

I'm assuming that both machines are using Windows 7?

Do you have any AV software installed?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/54198-can-join-homegroup-but-netbook-cant-see-desktop.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I am trying to rejoin or delete amp recreate my HOMEGROUP I am ON the computer that originally created it Attached quot IMAGE quot is what I see on the 'main' computer called NEWDELL that originally started the HOMEGROUP, and computer it Join am created that Cannot the I ON HOMEGROUP Notice there is no option to view Cannot Join HOMEGROUP, and I am ON the computer that created it the Homegroup Password When I try to join it I get the standard dialog boxes attached images and but I do not have the password and as stated I cannot access it in the usual place Notice the message in that quot Parents on NEWDELL has Cannot Join HOMEGROUP, and I am ON the computer that created it created a HOMEGROUP quot That's me I am user PARENTS and I'm on the computer that created the Homegroup which is NEWDELL Based on numerous hours of research on forums I have already tried the following solutions From CMD EXE run as Administrator issue statement quot net share Users d quot without the quotes to delete the Share called quot Users quot Reboot In Windows Explorer navigate to quot C Windows ServiceProfiles LocalService AppData Roaming PeerNetworking quot and then delete all the files in this folder Reboot In Services stop - Homegroup Listener - Homegroup Provider - Peer Name Resolution Protocol - Peer Networking Grouping - Peer Networking Identity Manager then reboot amp restart these services Also tried changing them from Manual to Automatic I had NAS Network Attached Storage devices on my network sharing to Homegroup and I have switched them to quot WORKGROUP quot - - in other words as far as I know I have no computers and no other devices on HOMEGROUP For clarity I tried the Homegroup Troubleshooter - - didn't work I suppose I need to completely wipe all existence of HOMEGROUP and start over How do I do that

A:Cannot Join HOMEGROUP, and I am ON the computer that created it

Did you notice that where it says type the Homegroup password?

Where it says: You can get the password from Parents on NEWDELL or another member of the Homegroup?

Wait, if you are the parent at NEWDELL you were locked out of your own system.

Strange problem but it may work to leave the Homegroup from all Homegroup machines then create a new one and rejoin. Windows appears to be treating you like you aren't really in the Homegroup any more.

If you have any problems rejoining then delete all the files at PeerNetworking on each Homegroup machine but I can see you tried that?

If this is a single machine see if you are able to simply leave the Homegroup.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/314463-cannot-join-homegroup-i-am-computer-created.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have computers running Windows Two were upgraded from Windows and one from Windows May not have had the Homegroup working properly before and I think I had created one some time ago I don't know what the password was But now that all of the machines are upgraded to Windows it would be great if I could get the sharing to work properly All three computers show the exact same screen when I go to the Control Panel Homegroup screen I have pasted the screen copy above But essentially there are two things to note quot Jan on Trex has created a homegroup Remove, Homegroup. Create or Another Cannot Join, on the network quot The only choices on the screen are to quot Join now quot and quot Close quot For two of the machines the information seems normal But when I log on to quot Trex quot as user quot Jan quot it displays exactly the same How has quot Jan on Trex quot created a Homegroup if it's asking quot Jan quot to join it Hence how do I get from this to having a Homegroup that I can join on my three machines

A:Cannot Join, Remove, or Create Another Homegroup.

From reading forums, and doing what others have done, the problem has changed.

1. I renamed and re-created \ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys
2. (this is very important) I powered off the other Windows machines on my network.

I'm on my only powered on Windows machine, "Trex7", as (the administrator) user "Jan".
The HomeGroup options page now looks much better.

I select "Create a HomeGroup". But, then I get:

So, I think I might be better off. But, what do I do now?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/28695-cannot-join-remove-create-another-homegroup.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Having spent the last few days researching this and trying all options I am now left with one last option - this message

So to summarise, I have two laptops running windows 7, that I am wanting to connect via Homegroup

On the first laptop, I have created the homegroup (and have the password)
The laptop is connected to my wireless internet router (that is set as a home network)

IPv6 is enabled on my laptop
In advance adapter settings network discovery is on
In my services the following are enabled
Homegroup listneing
Homegroup Provider
Peer Name Resolution Protocol
Peer Network Grouping
Peer Network Identity Manager

So I go to the second laptop, it is also connected to my wireless internet router (that is set as a home network), and all of the conditions set on my first laptop are the same on this laptop.

I then go to homegroup and it does not give me the join option
Please help

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bfeee98d-a6b3-49fd-8fb0-b0b36183ec22/no-join-option-in-homegroup-in-windows-7-help-tried-everything-and-still-cant-do?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 66.65%

When I click join and it promps for a password, I enter it and it says incorrect password, but it isn't I double and triple checked, I changed it, I copied and pasted it via email from the homegroup computer, nothing works. I have two other acer laptops that I set up the homegroup with and had no problems. I got a new one for my wife and wanted to set it up on the same homegroup, but it won't recognize the password. Ive read a few posts and followed some suggestions, still nothing. Does anyone know what may cause this new computer to not recognize a verified password?

A:Can't join homegroup, password problems!

I think that is the message I got on my Acer netbook until I removed Norton 360...

Do you have a 3rd party firewall on the laptop?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/70525-cant-join-homegroup-password-problems.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Both PCs are using Win and both wee working fine Wife's PC needed to be reset to factory settings Now her PC created a homegroup but my PC will not allow me to join or create If I open Homegroup I get the following message To create a Homegroup your computer s network location must be Unable to 8.1 create homegroup join Windows or set to Private Here's what I've tried The internet connection is through a DSL modem and an Ethernet switch Both computers can surf the net fine Homegroup troubleshooter says it has fixed issues bot no joy Rebooted both computers rebooted modem and Unable to join or create homegroup Windows 8.1 Ethernet switch Went to settings change PC settings Network there is one Ethernet connection and it shows cone ted settings change PC settings Homegroup It says To keep your stuff safe sharing and the ability to see other PCs on this network is truned off To change settings open connections in PC settings tap or click the current network connection then turnm on find devices and connect When I click on the Ethernet connection I get a list of properties and a copy button In Homegroup advanced settings I have the following Private Turn on Network discovery in selected File and Printer sharing is selected Homegroup connections allow Win to manage is selected Guest or Public Turn on network discovery is selected Tuen on File and Printer sharing is selectyed All Networks Turn on sharing is selected Use bit encryption iks selected Turn on password protected sharing is selected Also if I go to Settings change PC settings network there is only device named Ethernet and there is no Find PCs and devices button below it the data shown IPv address IPv DNS Servers Manufacturer Realtek Description Realtek PCIe BGE Family Controller Driver Version Physical Address EC-A - B- D- -CD COPY this is inside a grey box

A:Unable to join or create homegroup Windows 8.1

You have to have IPv6 enabled. Without it enabled on all computers, Home Group will not work.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/71001-unable-join-create-homegroup-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello I'm trying to create homegroup with my pc join no create Unable button to homegroup, at home and my laptop Both computers connected to the same wireless network My home pc is running Unable to create homegroup, no join button windows ultimate x eng and my laptop is running windows pro x eng My router is TP-LINK ND both the computer are not connected directly to the router my home pc uses D-Link adapter I'm creating the homegroup on my home pc but cant see the homegroup from my laptop there is no 'join' button I tried disabling anti-virus firewall NOD on both computers but still no good Before disabling firewall I wasn't able to ping the computer from one to the other after disabling it pinging was successful On both computers I have network discovery on In addition I checked all these services and they were as they should be DNS Client - Started and Automatic Function Discovery Provider Host - Started and Manual Function Discovery Resource Publication - Started and Automatic HomeGroup Listener - Started and Manual HomeGroup Provider - Started and Manual Network List Service - Started and Manual Peer Networking Grouping - Started and Manual Server - Started and Automatic SSDP Discovery - Started and Manual UPnP Device Host - Started and Manual Thanks in advance

A:Unable to create homegroup, no join button

Quote: Originally Posted by atav

Hello,
I'm trying to create homegroup with my pc at home and my laptop.
Both computers connected to the same wireless network.
My home pc is running windows 7 ultimate x64 eng, and my laptop is running windows 7 pro x64 eng.
My router is TP-LINK 941ND, both the computer are not connected directly to the router, my home pc uses D-Link adapter.

I'm creating the homegroup on my home pc but cant see the homegroup from my laptop, there is no 'join' button.

I tried disabling anti-virus + firewall (NOD32) on both computers but still no good.
Before disabling firewall I wasn't able to ping the computer from one to the other, after disabling it, pinging was successful.
On both computers I have network discovery on.

In addition I checked all these services, and they were as they should be:
DNS Client - Started and Automatic
Function Discovery Provider Host - Started and Manual
Function Discovery Resource Publication - Started and Automatic
HomeGroup Listener - Started and Manual
HomeGroup Provider - Started and Manual
Network List Service - Started and Manual
Peer Networking Grouping - Started and Manual
Server - Started and Automatic
SSDP Discovery - Started and Manual
UPnP Device Host - Started and Manual

Thanks in advance.

It may work best to uninstall NOD 32 then set up the Homegroup between those machines then reinstall NOD 32.

You might also try setting up the Homegroup using wired connections at first then go to wireless after it's all set up and working.

Other Homegroup problems can be fixed with the guide in the link below.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/265779-unable-create-homegroup-no-join-button.html
Relevancy 65.79%

My desktop is set up for a homegroup in windows 10. When I try to set up my laptop it reads " detected a homegroup" and there is a join tab. When the join tab is clicked it states that a homegroup is not detected. The laptop is set up on the network so what is the problem?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/70026-laptop-not-able-join-homegroup-my-desktop-computer.html
Relevancy 65.79%

The Windows 8.1 laptop says there is a homegroup on my network, which I started on my Windows 7 PC. I go thru the join now process and use the correct password, then after a minute or so, the laptop says it no longer detects a homegroup on the network. How can I connect?

A:My Windows 8.1 laptop can't join my Windows7 homegroup.

Try this tool from Microsoft to fix your homegroups settings if you haven't tried the homegroup troubleshooter already:

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9755488

Also make sure you have a good network connection (wired in if possible) when trying to troubleshoot your homegroup issues or access the homegroup until you get it back to work. Wireless networks are exposed to interference and low signal means low speeds which could cause the network to not detect the homegroup device is the device becomes unreacheable.

Try this tool and give us feed back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/349637-my-windows-8-1-laptop-cant-join-my-windows7-homegroup.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a couple of Win PCs in my home network I bought a tablet notebook Asus T with Win pre-installed I was able to join the existing homegroup with the tablet PC without any problem After a short while the tablet exhibited a problem that I couldn't resolve so decided to reset the machine to leave Unable to a join, create homegroup or factory default I was then able to re-install the couple of applications I needed and all was well until I looked at the homegroup settings It looked as though the reset had retained some of the settings for the homegroup but neither of the Unable to join, leave or create a homegroup Win PCs could be seen I Unable to join, leave or create a homegroup then tried to leave the homegroup but the quot Couldn't Unable to join, leave or create a homegroup remove your computer quot message appeared I tried accessing the quot change password quot and quot display password quot options but nothing happens I've tried the troubleshooter on all PCs without success I tried leaving the homegroup on the two Win PCs and this has worked OK but I still can't leave the homegroup on the Win PC in order to join a new one that I will create I've tried some of the fixes from here stopping the and disabling the homegroup services and deleting the files in the C Windows ServiceProfiles LocalService AppData Roaming PeerNetworking folder without success Any ideas anyone

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/56162-unable-join-leave-create-homegroup.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I've tried trouble shooters for homegroup and network I've tried enable ipv I've tried making sure all necessary tasks are quot running quot in the services section of the network and join/create computer not "This can homegroup sharing center I've tried making sure all my advanced homegroup settings were "This computer can not join/create homegroup correct I've tried disabling all homegroups on all other pcs I've tried finding the idstore sst file to delete it which doesn't exist on win lt lt lt fixed I've tried updating all network drivers I've tried from a wireless network and hardlined all other computers can create and use homegroups other than my main pc I also can not share folders access is restricted somehow UPDATE both Peer Name Resolution Protocol can't access key and Peer Networking Grouping fail to start I edited the log on info to all be the same using methods described in link below when I edited the info for Peer Networking Identity Manager it did inform me of saved changes the only one to do so PNIM is the only one of the three working Some found this useful hope you do to Peer networking grouping service isnt running is the message How - Microsoft Community this seems to be a Microsoft issue and I hope dearly for a fix soon a shame it happened to my main pc and none of the other side ones in my house UPDATE I am trying to use Process Monitor to see which Key it can't access but I'm not entirely sure on what I'm looking for found this which told me what to do but not what I'm looking for Cant start the Peer Name Resolution Protocol service FINAL UPDATE the final solution in the link below fixed my homegroup it still saw an old homegroup from a secondary pc that didn't exist but I just recreated the same homegroup on the secondary pc and viloa I really hope we compiled most of the answers to homegrouping issues here perhaps make this thread sticky quot Peer Name Resolution Protocol quot Service Could not be Started and HomeGroup Is not Working - TechNet Forum Windows Support Team - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

A:"This computer can not join/create homegroup

You've done a lot of things!

Presumably you have an OK IP no. Can you ping to any other comp and can others ping you.

Have you got any third party AV or Firewalls installed?

Have you tried disabling the firewall?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/9691-computer-can-not-join-create-homegroup.html
Relevancy 65.79%

My system information is as follows (from TSG SysInfo)

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 3 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2302 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 104473 MB, Free - 60635 MB; D: Total - 51856 MB, Free - 45216 MB; H: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 354401 MB;
Motherboard: Intel Corporation , D865GLC , AAC27501-408 , BTLC40811880
Antivirus: None

I am networked to a laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit.

I have created a HomeGroup on the Laptop. When I try to Join the HomeGroup I get a message saying Windows 7 cannot create the HomeGroup.

Runing the HomeGroup troubleshooter produces an error message stating that the system time is not equal to local time.

I have previously synch the clocks on each system with an atomic clock.

Anyone have experience with this?

Relevancy 62.78%

Hello, I have a Linksys router and Everything is connected right, but if I don't have my wireless adapter in, I can't get any response from the network. There's no other computers I can test anything but when I troubleshoot the issue it says "you may not have a internet adapter" or something like that, I can't remember and it won't come up while the net is activated... Please help.

A:Wired not working, wireless is (need wired cause I'm using room mates wireless)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-not-working-wireless-is-need-wired-cause-im-using-room-mates-wireless.855453/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi there,

I've got a desktop with a wired connection to a cable broadband modem (with only one connection on it) and I'd like to have my laptop (which has a wireless card) to share that connection only wireless .... if you know what I mean... anyone tell me what I need to do to get that working? is it possible?

cheers,
Mark.

A:Get wireless laptop and wired desktop to share wired cable broadband connection?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/get-wireless-laptop-and-wired-desktop-to-share-wired-cable-broadband-connection.755169/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a belkin wireless/wired router, and it's really starting to stress me out. I have the wireless part working just fine, all my wireless computers connect to each other/the internet just fine. BUT, my wired computer is not connecting to the internet at all, but the DHCP is still assigning it an IP address and the computer thinks everything is fine. When I click on Internet Explorer, it says that the page cannot be displayed. It's driving me mad, can anyone help?

Relevancy 58.48%

I thought mine was a simple goal - to be able to easily swap connecting laptop(wifi) Homegroup & via Difficulties desktop(wired) files from Difficulties connecting desktop(wired) & laptop(wifi) via Homegroup my desktop to my laptop Windows help amp support link sang of Homegroups that provided the access I desired easily and effortlessly The reality has been quite the contrary What I thought Difficulties connecting desktop(wired) & laptop(wifi) via Homegroup would take minutes is Difficulties connecting desktop(wired) & laptop(wifi) via Homegroup stretching into days and I'm going quite mad oh yes quite mad indeed insert creepy maniacal laughter here I've googled gaggles read many a tale of frustration and woe but have yet to see a solution So I've come here I know providing details and specs is crucial so I'll do my best to try to include all the settings and buzz words I've heard throughout my searches OS Desktop - Windows Professional bit Laptop - Windows Home Premium bit Connection type as stated in topic Desktop - wired Laptop - wifi Router Belkin N F D - v Network adaptor Desktop - Realtek RTL D D Laptop - Intel Centrino Advanced N I believe I have them both connected to same workgroup I changed the name from the generic quot WORKGROUP quot on both machines to the same name because I thought it might mitigate potential interference from rommie's machines but I've seen no indication that they are actually connected in any way Neither machine shows up under network in the other's explorer Both machines designate a single active network as a home network Also under Local Area Connection properties both machines have the following details listed IPv Internet IPv No Internet Access Yes both are checked as enabled I've read that Homegroup uses IPv so presumable the problem lies therein but my searching has turned up only a few meager suggestions which I have performed and currently have implemented on both machines Windows Firewall disabled Anti-virus disabled Peer Networking Grouping service confirmed started and set to automatic PNRP Machine Name Publication Service confirmed started and set to automatic VMWare was installed on both machines but I uninstalled on both Also I remember something about a checking a registry entry named quot Disabled Devices quot or something to make sure it was set to zero but I didn't even have that entry The answer to that scenario was simply stated as quot create one quot but since I don't really know that much about registry stuff I opted not to attempt that one Let's see what else Ah the ping tests Both machines give the same results Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost lt lost gt I've run the Windows Homegroup diagnostic up down and sideways and I've synched the clock times Oddly enough I've just discovered that my laptop offers a chance to join a Homegroup for my roomie's laptop but my desktop is extended no such invite Also his laptop is now showing up in my laptop's explorer but not my desktop Is this an issue of wired versus wireless connections Do I need to buy a mile or so of cat cable for when I tote my laptop off to school with me If anybody has any idea what's going wrong here any other suggestions or for that matter can suggest any other means to achieve this sharing capability my sanity will thank you deeply As per the sticky I'll try to post pics of ipconfig for the life of me I've never figured out how to post photos in forums so I'll just provide links to each Desktop Laptop

A:Difficulties connecting desktop(wired) & laptop(wifi) via Homegroup

I am assuming that you can access the interwebs on both machines.

the ping tests you've done, I assume you've starred the last octet out for some reason rather than post them. NB a 192.168.x.x address is private address class, which is just accessible within your LAN and is therefore secure.
the results from the ping looks like it's being blocked by something, Either windows or a third party firewall or your shared wifi router...

how are you getting your IP addresses ? from the IPconfig it's not conclusive, if you add the switch /all to the end of the ipconfig command you will get a bit more information. anyhow, if you've manually entered the IP addresses then maybe the ip address for your desktop machine is already in use on the network....

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/161206-difficulties-connecting-desktop-wired-laptop-wifi-via-homegroup.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Receiving the following error: The following error occurred attempting to join the domain
The network location cannot be reached. For information about network troubleshooting, see Windows Help.
Tried restore point, fixes posted in
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e0321bde-be06-4070-a748-1a6d4c98511b/cannot-join-domain-receiving-error-the-network-location-cannot-be-reached?forum=w7itpronetworking
But issue not resolved  yet!

Any advice please?
Thank you

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/06c3839f-4c16-485d-9cd4-7f4a2d7e43de/cannot-join-a-win7-pro-to-domain?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi guys,

I desparetely need help: here is my problem:

I got a domain controller just implelemted, now all my xp pc can join the domain, but none win 7 is being able to ! I have try all, but it, when i add the win 7 to the domain , it promt me the user and password, but then is give the DNS resolving problem!!! PLease help out guys

A:win7 cannot join domain

Firstly, what is your DC running? 2003/R2, 2008? Also make sure your ip configuration is correct for your network and you can ping both the DNS server and the Domain Controller.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/168208-win7-cannot-join-domain.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Brink,

I really need your help. The last few times that I have booted up I have been "invited" to join a Hone Group with no option to turn them down. Now, via Control Panel I find that I am in at least one home group and that I cannot forbid them to read my files if I don't know their password. I don't know the password or who these people are.

I also seem to have no way to quit the Home Group.

This makes me more unhappy that you can believe. I'm using 64-bit Home Premium. Can you help me?

Gerry

A:"invited" to join a HomeGroup with no option to turn them down

Click on the Homegroup then click on "Leave Homegroup". BTW, the only way you would have joined a Homegroup is by entering in the password, it is not automatic.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/88621-invited-join-homegroup-no-option-turn-them-down.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi
Howto join WIN7 32-bit Ultimate into NT 4.0 domain?

A:join WIN7 Ultimate into NT 4.0 domain

You can't, NT4 domains aren't supported.  Windows 7 can only be joined to Active Directory domains - Windows Server 2000 and higher (and even joining a Win 2000 domain presents issues.)

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/23c9d918-28ac-4885-9769-ffb29c516bf8/join-win7-ultimate-into-nt-40-domain?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 57.62%

I am having problems setting up a Homegroup which I would like to do so that I can use one external hard drive for backing up data etc from two Windows computers Although I am still running a third desktop with Windows Vista I will remove that computer once all is up and running on the two Windows computers as I realize Vista cannot join the Homegroup The following is the computer information and troubleshooting steps done so far Currently running three desktop computers Windows VISTA Home Premium SP Computer Name Shark Workgroup Workgroup Windows Computer Name DRB-ASUS Workgroup Workgroup Windows -bit Computer Name SAM-ASUS Workgroup Workgroup Computers are currently networked through a router modem Both Windows computers are able to create a Homegroup but no matter which computer creates the Homegroup the other Windows computer is unable to see the Homegroup and therefore cannot Unable 8 "join" to Windows HomeGroup in join it even though neither computer is asleep nor hibernating There is no error message just the information that there is no Homegroup available to be joined Troubleshooting Both computers networks are configured as Private Network Computer clocks are Unable to "join" HomeGroup in Windows 8 synchronized on all computers All computers are connected by Ethernet rather than wireless Sharing On both Windows computers the following sharing is configured Private has network discovery turned on with automatic setup of network connected devices ticked file and printer sharing is turned on Windows is allowed to manage homegroup connections Guest or Public network discovery is turned on file and printer sharing is turned on All Networks public folder sharing is turned on file sharing connections uses -bit encryption password protected sharing is turned off When creating HomeGroups from either Windows computer in an attempt to link sharing was turned on for Pictures Videos Music and Documents In Administrative Tools Services both Windows computers have the following files shown as running DNS Client Function Discovery Provider Host Function Discovery Resource Publication Homegroup Listener Homegroup Provider Network List Service Peer Name Resolution Protocol Peer Networking Grouping Peer Networking Identity Manager Server SSDP Discovery and UPnP Device Host Both Windows computers have the network connection adapter settings turned on in the properties for the following File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks Internet Protocol Version and Internet Protocol Version In the Ethernet Status window however both computers show IPv Connectivity as Internet but IPv Connectivity as No Internet access I am not sure what this means or whether it matters I have run the Homegroup Troubleshooter including the Network Troubleshooter on both computers with no resolution of the problem I have temporarily disabled the firewall and anti-virus anti-spyware software on both Windows computers to no avail Both computers have Total Defense Security Software installed and running I noted two interesting items but am not knowledgeable enough to interpret The name of the private network is different on one Windows computer It is called Beekeeper the name of the router-modem whereas the other two computers Windows and Vista show the name Network The first Windows computer was initially named Network as opposed to Network and changed to Beekeeper when I connected it via wifi in an attempt to standardize the name of the network on all three Now although I ve reconnected by Ethernet the name remains as Beekeeper and did not revert to Network Also the current sharing through the network is weird When viewing in Windows Explorer under Network all three computers see all default and public folders but vary regarding the individual user folders Vista computer Network and Windows Beekeeper can see the user folders for each other but neither can see the other Windows Network user folders Windows Network can see the user folders f... Read more

Relevancy 57.19%

XP Mode runs my old programs fine, but I can't get them to communicate with my Win 7 Home Network. Host Win 7 CPU is connected fine. XP Mode is showing IP address 192.168.151.2 and host Win 7 is 192.168.2.4 Router does not show XP mode client, so where did XP get its IP address from? XP is connected to broadband OK. How can I get the XP on to my Win 7 home network as it appears to be on a different network?

A:Win7 XP Mode will not join home network

Xp mode should get it's IP from the router. Not sure why you xp mode has different ip rang than you host w7. Is your router and xp mode tcp/ip4 set to auto ip detect?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/58317-win7-xp-mode-will-not-join-home-network.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi there We have a large network at my work and every office has its own work home group and i'm trying joining my office's group but 1 one them join groups to on of (win7) network specifically how 3 every time when trying to join it my computer shows only a specific group 3 groups on 1 network (win7) how to join one of them specifically which I don't want to join as it belongs to another office and I think that it is the first group which was established there is one way to join the group that I want turning off all computers or disconnecting all offices from the network not only the office that I see its group because if i did that the second group will appear to my computer as the only one on that network etc but by hiding all groups by disconnecting offices or turning off the 3 groups on 1 network (win7) how to join one of them specifically computers i will force my computer to see only one group which i want to join but of course this is not practical also it is very difficult to do so are there any practical solutions for this issue of course all computers are running win pro x

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/388556-3-groups-1-network-win7-how-join-one-them-specifically.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi there We have a large network at my work and every office has its own work home group and i'm trying 1 on network one them specifically groups of 3 join how to (win7) joining my office's group but every time when trying to join it my computer shows only a specific group which I don't want to join as it belongs to another office and I think that it is the first group which was established there is one way to join the group that I want turning off all computers or disconnecting all offices from the network not only the office that I see its group 3 groups on 1 network (win7) how to join one of them specifically because if i did 3 groups on 1 network (win7) how to join one of them specifically that the second group will appear to my computer as the only one on that network etc but by hiding all groups by disconnecting offices or turning off the computers i will force my computer to see only one group which i want to join but of course this is not practical also it is very difficult to do so are there any practical solutions for this issue of course all computers are running win pro x

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/76adfcff-5914-47a5-896c-cd4eba6381c1/3-groups-on-1-network-win7-how-to-join-one-of-them-specifically?forum=w7itpronetworking