Windows Support Forum

Speed Issue

Q: Speed Issue

HP DL145
2.32ghz x2
2gb RAM
Win7 x64

I am having a strange issue. My wired download speed is .80/mbps while my upload is 8.5/mbps. The connection is FIOS 35/35 and I am having zero issues with any other cpu on the network wired or wireless.

This is a new machine with a fresh install on it. The only 'third party' app is Chrome.

Network setup is follows:
Verizon FIOS ont box > Cisco E1000 Router > Linksys 24port 10/100 switch

This box is plugged into the switch at the end of the chain. I have swapped cables and have tested different machines. Everything else is working fine but not this machine.

Any tips?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Speed Issue

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Speed Issue

Is that the speed that you are seeing when you download a file or is it through a speed test?

Also, if that is the speed while downloading a file but your speed test is fine; Does the download start high then drop down?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/181580-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have four computers that are connected at any given time to the home network. I believe have two issues here.

The first, all of the computers connect and surf the Internet at very slow speeds. Sometimes it seems like I'm back on Dial-up. My MacBook (which is my main computer I work from) connects to the Internet with an Ethernet cable directly into the DSL box. Even if I turn the other three computers off in the office I still run slow on the Internet. Any thoughts on how to improve this? My DSL provider says its an issue with our setup. Great thanks for the help!

Second, my Mac overall seems to be running very slow. I have over 14GB of available space so I would not think that the computer is in overload.

Any support would be greatly appreciated.

A:Moving at turtle speed - Internal Network issue or DSL issue?

If you have more than one computer, and all exhibit the same symptoms, it's hard to believe they're all bad.
Pick one that doesn't exhibit any other issues and do this:

Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. It's best to run this test with a direct wired connection to eliminate any wireless issues from the results. It's useful many times to run this test several times, and we'd like to see each of the results. Post the results link from the top of the test display page for each test run here.

The link to post is near the top of the page and looks like:

If you wish to post this result to a forum, please copy/paste this URL
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2357195 <- sample only, yours will obviously be different!
and your IP will be disguised.

Copy/paste that link here.

Note: You will have to enable PING (ICMP) request response either in your router (if you have one), or in your computer's firewall for direct modem connections. This is very important to get the most important part of the test to run.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-at-turtle-speed-internal-network-issue-or-dsl-issue.773177/
Relevancy 45.58%

Ok so my week old laptop as suddenly became really slow and CPU usage says but when I look most are with or so things with about - so I dunno what is happening Although if I system restore from before Issue Sound Issue Speed and all the Vista service pack updates happened then it is quite a bit Speed Issue and Sound Issue better though still sometimes laggy Also my sound is sometimes messed up and all fuzzy I dunno if this is linked to the speed issue or not All the specs etc Summary Product Name Aspire G Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista amp Home Premium Service Pack Processor AMD Turion tm X Dual-Core Mobile RM- System Memory MB Hard Drive WDC WD BEVT- ZCT SCSI Disk Device GB CD DVD Drive Slimtype BD E DS E S SCSI CdRom Device Video NVIDIA GeForce M GF MG GF MGS NVIDIA GeForce M GF MGS GF MG Audio Realtek High Definition Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio Network Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Atheros AR X Wireless Network Adapter HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP UUID A E A EDE B BA E Serial Number LXARG X DD BIOS Version v Battery mAh LI-ION Processor Processor AMD Turion tm X Dual-Core Mobile RM- Cores L Cache Data Cache KB x Execution Trace Cache KB x L Cache KB x Multimedia Video Device Device Name NVIDIA GeForce M GF MG GF MGS Total Available Graphics Memory MB Dedicated Video Memory MB Device Name NVIDIA GeForce M GF MGS GF MG Total Available Graphics Memory MB Dedicated Video Memory MB Audio Device Realtek High Definition Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio Webcam Device Device Name Acer Crystal Eye webcam Driver Version Memory Current Memory Size MB Memory Type DDR Slot Installed Size MB Slot Installed Size MB nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

I have a dell demension 3000 ( i know nothing special) The original specs were a 512mb ram and a 2.8ghz p4 and i have upgraded it to 2gb of ram and a ati radeon X1550 256mb graphics card. I just reformatted from xp home to xp pro and i have noticed a sever slow down in the computer before battlefield 2 maps would load within 2 to 3 mins and ran smooth now they take close to 5 and are jitterey in the game and simple task on the computer are all jittery and slow to what could be causeing this. is it xp pro or something else. I have ran virus scan and several disk defrag waht could be wrong.

A:Speed issue

Does that computer come with onboard graphics? And if so did you disable it in the BIOS and or uninstall it in device manager? Was the Pro installed fresh? Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling the GPU drivers? In the BIOS you'll find a setting that says Init Display First. If you switched from onboard to a graphics card that need to be changed from PCI to AGP or PCI express depending on the systems configuration. The other thing is when the graphics become jerky like that it is often either a GPU unable to handle the applications graphics (like an old card trying to play a new game), or it's a GPU heat issue, but with the heat thing you would probably be getting artifacts (patchy areas that aren't rendering properly) as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speed-issue.116287/
Relevancy 43.43%

I just got 16GB of Corsair Dominator 1866Mhz ram. The computer has automatically set the speed to 1333Mhz. I went into the BIOS [I think it was the Bios] and there was no option to change the Ram speed. ProcessorAMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics Video CardNVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 RAM6.0 GB Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows 10 (build 10586), 64-bit  HP Pavilion p7-1414 Desktop PC

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Ram-speed-Issue/td-p/5713029
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello, I have bought this laptop, in the product specification it tells me the ram speed should be ddr3 1600 MhzI have downloaded bios updates, and now the HP Support assistent tells me my ram speed is only 800 Mhz??I went inside bios but it doesn't give me options to change ram speed. 800 Mhz is slow. is there a way to change itback to 1600 or at least 1333 Mhz? Regards

A:Ram Speed Issue

@ginoversace?, welcome to the forum. Your RAM is Double Data Rate (DDR).  Therefore, if you take 800 MHz x 2 you have 1600 MHz. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Ram-Speed-Issue/td-p/5778237
Relevancy 43.43%

Ran into a bit of a snafu wondering if some kind soul s might take pity and offer a hand I ve had this computer home built for a few years and never had any problems with it I turned on the computer yesterday and the BIOS is showing the incorrect CPU it shows Athlon XP I can t remember what it used to say I think but I m not Windows XP is showing my speed as Ghz which is Mhz less than it Speed Issue CPU used to show as it used to show xGhz I don t know exactly what my CPU is so I don t know what to look for when changing my CPU Speed Issue FSB multiplier and such I used CPU-Z hoping it would give me some clue but it is also telling me I have as an AMD Athlon XP Barton Currently my multipler is set at and my bus speed is Can anyone help me locate my missing Mhz Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-speed-issue.801691/
Relevancy 43.43%

i have the latest BIOS update wich is F36 and i still have the issue from the time i bought this laptop win 8.1 to win 10 all up todate the problem is exisit and every time i upgarding the BIOS software i didnt see the problem has fixed !! the prblem in short that i cant hear the fan loud or maximum speed when i play game when the CPU Tem reach 80c the Fan did not reach the maximum speed (with that said CPU must not reach higher than 70c ) even though my FAN did not work properly )that i heared before every time i tried to update the BIOS ican heare it extreamly load and clear  . please HP this is supper proiority and must be fixed as soon as possible i cant play any game at this moment because of lack of speed in the fan to cool dowen the cpu .

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/fan-speed-issue/td-p/5854677
Relevancy 43.43%

I recently added memory to my Gateway FX 7026 quad core. After I was done with the process, during the post process an error flashed across (too quick to capture unfortunately), but it had to do with a Microsoft Handler of some sort. The net result is that my cpu cooling fan is running constantly at top speed now. I have had the system for 6 months and it has never run like this before.

Any ideas?

A:Fan Speed Issue

Hello Erekosa, welcome to Vista forums!

Seeing that you're having issues with new RAM installed and 'handler' issues; it may be that the 'new' RAM is bad! (it happens)

The best option would be to burn Memtesr86 to a CD and test each stick individually for at least one full pass.

Keep us informed!

Later Ted

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/190019-fan-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi

I have recently just got Virgin Media 10mb connection (wireless). Me and my friend share this connection, he has a mac i have a pc(laptop). It seems that my friend can get near enough full speed with downloads etc (tested on speedtest.net), my friend got nearly 10mb download speed, however I averaged at 6mb. Another example, my friend downloaded a file from a website, the speed went at about 1.5mb/s, I then downloaded the exact same file directly after his download had finished, my average download speed was 250kb/s.
My wireless card is "intel(r) pro/wireless 3945abg", it is a 54mb/s card so it should be more than capable to get the full 10mb/s that is offered to me. Any help in how to 'de-restrict' my card to obtain the full speed?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 43.43%

I am taking a class at my school, and they lent us these older Dell laptops that run at 1.3ghz, have 800mhz fsb, and contain 256mb ddr ram (loaded up bios on the computer to see). What I can't figure out is the fact that whenever I log on using the schools user name, the computer takes a good 30 seconds logging on, and starts out with 100% usage of the cpu, although only has 22 processes. I end around six or seven of them, although the computer speeds up, it is still slow. It could probably use a good defragmenting, though it wouldn't slow down that much, right? Also, the computers are very restricted. I know some bugs with Xp that can remove the administators password, but I won't touch these computers further than I have.

A:Speed issue

Hi cfitzarl,

I don't know if there are 1.3 GHZ CPU's with a 800MHZ FSB. I think those 800MHZ FSB CPU's are Northwood's C (A or B, donīt know ), and Prescotts.
There are 1.3GHZ P4's, with 400MHZ FSB, some P3's with 133FSB, etc.

Regarding the machine, I'd defragment it, but it would take a while. I don't think that you have time to do it.
Also, it could have viruses, and crap like that.

Anyways, 1.3 GHZ is a little slow for windows XP, so don't expect miracles, especially if they have a normal coppermine Celeron CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speed-issue.58547/
Relevancy 43.43%

Just got an EVGA GTX570 Superclocked GFX card. Card works like a dream! One thing though. EVGA Precision will now only let me take the fan speed up to 85%. Can anyone tell me why or how to fix the issue? I have completly uninstalled the drivers and then reinstalled them but i can still only acheve 85% fan speed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fan-speed-issue.161308/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi, i am using a zoom modem. i am connected but the speed is slow. on checking the router status it is showing the downstream speed as 1728 and upstream as 448, but when i run a online speed test it gives a speed of 130kb/s and upload as 377Kb/s.On the router by gateway is showing as 217.47.151.193 and the ip is showing as

On CMD the gateway is 10.0.0.2 and the same ip.

Please suggest what i need to do to get the same speed that is showing on router status.

A:speed issue

hi the problem is resolved it was the problem with the modem i bought a new linksys modem and now i am geting the same spped as showing on the router status, but will any one suggest what may be the issue with the zoom modem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speed-issue.804691/
Relevancy 43.43%

as subject say my internet connection on this computer is only getting half of the speed I should be getting. this has been tested with three different connections, two wifi and the LAN.

Download speeds are slow as well. I have a 20mbps down and 1mbps up. I can achieve about 10mpbs down and 500kbps up.

All other computers on the network are running win 7 pro x86 and have full speed.

Any idea's?

A:speed issue with Win 7 pro x64

Quote: Originally Posted by pctechdude

as subject say my internet connection on this computer is only getting half of the speed I should be getting. this has been tested with three different connections, two wifi and the LAN.

Download speeds are slow as well. I have a 20mbps down and 1mbps up. I can achieve about 10mpbs down and 500kbps up.

All other computers on the network are running win 7 pro x86 and have full speed.

Any idea's?

Could be a bad network driver, configuration issue, bad cable, conflict with another device on wifi, dns, etc

Can you go to start>search>type cmd>right click and run as admin>ipconfig /all

Take a screenshot and upload it to us.

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/139915-speed-issue-win-7-pro-x64.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello Everyone,

i am downloading google softwares with fast speed but slow on other sites slow speed.....

I mean when i download any google softwares and youtube videos ..download speed will be about 1Mbps but when i download from any sites like softpedia.com or other sites ..download speed will be about 25 kbps...please guide me ...

Thanks

Jenisbob

A:Issue on download speed

First what kind of internet service do you have, and what speed.
Test your internet using dsl reports, or speedtest. I prefer speedtest: Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

How are you connecting to the internet, wired or wireless. Also as a side note the slow download speeds could also be on the downstream server end. The number of simultaneous downloads, they might throttle back the server to save bandwith, etc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/issue-on-download-speed-657806.html
Relevancy 43%

I am using a D-Link DIR-655 router on a Windows Home Server network.

When I connect the WHS to a cable upstairs (short cable) I get Gigabit connection speed, however when I put the server downstairs (10 metre cable), I only get 100 Mb LAN speed.

The only difference is the CAT-5e cable and length.

Do I need a shielded CAT-5e or a CAT-6 cable.

The WHS box needs to be downstairs.

Paul

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cable-speed-issue.735587/
Relevancy 43%

Ok, I'm stumped by my internet issue. Maybe you can shed some light on it.

Ping is averaging 11000ms, upload 0.01-0.07, download 0.2-0.4
Here's the setup: AT&T modem --> Linksys Router --> 2 simple switches --> computers

What I tried:
1. I plugged in a laptop directly to the modem and speed is back to normal.
2. I swapped out a cat 5 cable between the modem and router and speed was back to normal for a few minutes, then bad again.
3. I swapped out the router with a new one and speed was back to normal for a few minutes, then bad again.

So the router is fine. I don't think it's the switches if everything is working fine for a couple minutes. Also, my wireless is fast and then bad again when I tried swapping stuff out.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 43%

Welcome and well met Here s my computer laptop specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Speed issue Internet Processor L AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer Aspire Antivirus None I have internet service from excede by wildblue satellite with a cable modem It s supposed to be up to Mbps Average I m getting is around - Mbps according to speedtest net The site also says I m accessing the net from Stanton MI I happen to live just north of Chicago IL Share the internet with my sister who has an older desktop with Windows Internet Speed issue XP on it Last weekend I bought a new router from MicroCenter A Netgear N Wireless Dual Band Gigabit WNDR v Both my laptop and my sister s desktop are plugged in Internet Speed issue to it Hasn t helped from what I can see I use IE for my browser I ve tried Firefox and Chrome and didn t find either of them any faster than this Can anyone tell me why my speed is so bad Is it my desktop Maybe my cat e cable is old My biggest gripe right now is that watching videos STINKS online Also I enjoy playing certain Facebook games like Journeys of Jesus and Disney Ghost of Mystwood They re horribly slow to load Can anyone offer me any suggestions of what could be causing the slow-down Thank you nbsp

A:Internet Speed issue

That is not a bad speed at all. The advertized speed is the maximum, rarely achieved in real situations. The location of your internet connection is where WildBlue's servers connect you to the internet.

Not sure what to say about your video problem except that when I had a 2 mbps connection, I watched YouTube without many delays. A lower quality feed may help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-issue.1089717/
Relevancy 43%

Hello everyone, I am using a linksys WRT54GS wireless router and usually works fine, but lately I noticed it's been getting slow speeds and then when I restart the router it goes back to normal and very fast for about 20-30 minutes (could vary and be longer sometimes). But then after that it goes back to it's slow speed until I restart it again.

When I bypass the router it works fine with direct connection, all my firmware is upgraded, getting 100% signal strength, it's not just my computer because when I ping from the router admin panel it gets all request timed out aswell.

Thanks for any help I can get.

Relevancy 43%

Hi all.

My friend sent me a message about his laptop. He formatted it last night because it was running very slow, but the problem continues.

What sort of things should he look at to fix his issue?

Thank you in advance.

Relevancy 43%

hi guys,

what would cause a slow wireless connection?
the computer thats wired is fast enough...
but on the toshiba it takes 20 to 35 seconds for google to open...
what i have tried:
i have updated the browser to internet explorer 7
i installed firefox 2.0.0.9
i uninstalled and reinstalled the wireless Nic and recreated the connection...
very odd...any ideas

Relevancy 43%

Okay here s a real head-scratch-er About days ago I started noticing some serious speed issues with web browsing while using my wireless router Every once in a while I will notice little differences during what may be peak hours and whatnot Internet issue Serious speed but this is far worse I decided to do a speed and ping test and I got an F on my network that Serious Internet speed issue normally receives a low A or high B I ran a gamut of spyware tests and I am clear there Anyway the real thing that is confusing me is I attempted to connect via a hardline the cable I use to connect to my wireless router so I at least Serious Internet speed issue know it s functional but the network was unidentifiable and I could not get an internet connection but when I reconnected my wireless router and let everything restart I was able to connect wirelessly using the same modem that would not connect me through an ethernet cable I have a Belkin n wireless router and I would appreciate any help available Thanks nbsp

A:Serious Internet speed issue

Are you remembering to power cycle (unplug for 30 seconds) the modem when switching the device connected to it?

What download/upload do you get with a connection directly to the modem with Speedtest.net? With an ethernet connection to the router? With a wireless connection to the router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/serious-internet-speed-issue.1045478/
Relevancy 43%

Hey chaps I have just got bt broadband and a homehub v However I am trying to use utorrent on my desktop The main router that is being used is a TP- Link TD-W N which is then plugged into a powerline adaptor This comes out of the other powerline adapter in another room and goes into the bt homehub which I am using as a hub the ethernet cable comes off this into the desktop When I use my laptop on the wireless and connect with utorrent I can Issue utorrent speed with get speeds of up to MB d l but when I use the desktop I can only get around - KB s Issue with utorrent speed I have followed stuff online and set Issue with utorrent speed port forwarding on the homehub but Issue with utorrent speed I am still getting terrible speeds Can anyone help Thanks Chalph Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT GTO Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corporation DG WH AAD - BQWH HU Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Issue with utorrent speed

For your convenience here is a copy of the rule:
P2P Instructions - We do not support P2P file sharing applications and any threads requesting help for such will be closed. This includes Torrents, Kazaa, LimeWire, RapidShare, Pirate Bay, and the like. If you're interested in the topic, you are free to discuss it on our site (and please visit StealingIsIllegal.com), but information on how to use them will not be provided.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issue-with-utorrent-speed.993971/
Relevancy 43%

Hi guys after installing some new RAM i checked CPU-Z to see if all was ok, and it doesn't seem to be.

I bought some Crucial Ballistix 8Gb 1866MHz, however is doesn't seem to be running at 1866 more like 667MHZ.

I have a Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 and a AMD FX-4100

Is there way i can force the speed on the RAM to 1866?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Regards
Toby

A:Memory Speed Issue

CPU-Z reports the clock frequency of the RAM. DDR (DDR2, DDR3) transfer data twice per clock tick, so CPU-Z reports 667MHz for DDR3-1333.

Most motherboards seem to run DDR3-1333 and up at DDR3-1333 by default. To get the higher frequency, you'd either need to set the BIOS to use XMP, or manually set the RAM frequency and timings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/283103-memory-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 43%

Hey all boys and girls First post Now to my question problem I have just bought a laptop from Fujitsu Siemens Its a model Amilo M G and it runns with Pentium M Gz GB worth of RAM - Please Help! speed issue Wireless LAN Nvidia MB Please Help! - Wireless LAN speed issue Go Integrated wireless b g Windows Home Edition SP Norman Virus Control just updated Router is D-Link DI- For more spec just ask me I have a problem with my wireless speed My signal strength is max when ever I am inside my house But the speed gets as low as Mbit s My brother has a laptop and it runns just fine with the WLAN and he can play intenet games surf and everything else with out problems We live far away from anyone else so it cannot be that someone is stealling my connection There are people with a simmilar problem http forums speedguide net archive index php t- html And it happens to quite manny so there has to be some sort off solution My friend told me it might be a firewall issue Can that be it and what do I do to get rid off it Any help is greatly appreciated Thanx Hyper nbsp

Relevancy 43%

I'm running a DSL connection from a router to my wireless laptop. Regularly my speeds aren't quite as advertised but I still get 2-4 Mb/s generally. Lately it seems my web browsing has been sluggish and doing a speed test, this is proven.

However, bittorrent downloads go much faster than normal browsing.

Can anyone explain to me why this might be? I thought my slow speed could be due to my latency, but that doesn't explain to me why bittorrent is so much faster!

Relevancy 43%

Hey Techist Community I was wondering if you guys could help shed some light on this issue since it's been puzzling me for a couple of days now I recently bought a new wireless router which is wirelessly bridged with my Router Modem downstairs all setup fine on my laptop it shows down and up through the ethernet cable excellent stuff However on my desktop PC using the SAME ethernet cable I get down but zilch upload on speedtest net the upload doesn't even start to test it OS Windows -bit Professional Ethernet Driver Installed Killer E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Downloaded latest version from the MSI website earlier Motherboard MSI Z -G Gaming Socket HDMI D-Sub DVI -Channel Audio ATX Motherboard So ye laptop gets down and up then using same cable and not moving the router whatsoever I put it in my desktop PC and I get down and zero up I believe Upload LAN Speed Issue this is a hardware issue which Is why I posted it here but if I've posted in the wrong section then please accept my apology

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/lan-upload-speed-issue-277107/
Relevancy 42.57%

Well to start off im running a windows vista -bit computer its normally never been slow but i recently had a horrible virus which i had taken care of the virus was a system check virus im not sure much about it with computer issue Having an problem and speed but i know it was removed and the laptop Having an issue with computer speed and problem is running again but recently i havent had any speed on it what so ever i usually play a game on it and it ran so great before i Having an issue with computer speed and problem had the virus the virus was removed and now its running horrible it lags alot it loads slow and much more i have ran multiple virus scans using malware bytes and have not found thing yet i would really appreciate if someone could help me get it running like it used too im willing to let someone control it with remote access to see whats going on if needed i just want it fixed i can help by answering any questions you need to know as well im not very great with computers but i can figure it out so if you see this please help i would really appreciate it alot and thank you for taking the time to read this

A:Having an issue with computer speed and problem

also a friend of mine said to try and get ahold of a computer cleaner or booster, something along those lines if that will help does anyone have any suggestions on where to find one?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/439228/having-an-issue-with-computer-speed-and-problem/
Relevancy 42.57%

So originally I was using a Rosewill USB HDD Dock with my WD HD103SI 1 TB Hard Drive. Everything went great, but eventually filled that up. I bought a new WD HD103SJ 1 TB Hard Drive, formatted it as NTFS, but the speeds are horrible. Transfer rates say around 2.0 mb/s give or take .5 mb/s, so it takes around an hour to transfer a 4 GB file to the hard drive, whereas it took 4 minutes on my other one. I didn't change any settings, I just plopped a new hard drive into the same HDD dock, but the speeds I am getting on that hard drive are poor. I also noticed that the file text on the hard drive is in blue? not sure why that is...

Thanks...

A:Speed Issue W/ New Hard Drive

Hello welcome to TSG forum.

I have just googled the part number you have included in your post "WD HD103SJ" and it comes up with a samsung spinpoint not a Western Digital (WD) like you stated. Is this correct?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speed-issue-w-new-hard-drive.906353/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi I'm currently having a problem with my win7 64 bit desktops wireless speed. It has recently decided to slow to a crawl I'm talking to the point where the speed is measured in bytes not kilobytes when accessing the net and downloading files. I know it's the computer not my network as other wifi gear still works at full speed.

The only change I have made is to switch antivirus from kaspersky to mcafee, I use a Asus wl-138g v2 wifi card( I know it's old but it's been very reliable until now). Any help would be apreciated, thanx in advance.

A:Speed issue or lack there of with wireless

Sorry you are having issues dis0wned1!

Disable, or uninstall and burn (with a match) Mcafee.... I had the same issue on a clients lappy! Removed Mcafee and issue went away!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/77219-speed-issue-lack-there-wireless.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I purchased 10? Windows Dell issue? XPS 13..speed/RAM and received my Dell XPS 13..speed/RAM issue? Windows 10? new DELL XPS I intel laptop two days ago I opted for gb RAM and SSD I was torn between this and the macbook pro for university I have never had apple and decided to stick with microsoft just for ease of use with onedrive and what I know I have always heard negative things about windows but have had a chromebook up until now After researching Dell's laptop I thought surely a gb RAM and SSD would mean I would not have any issues unfortunately after onyl two days of using it I am getting slow responses Some examples just clicking on cortana it seems to crash occassionaly I opened a rd tab on Microsoft edge and the screen lagged and crashed for - seconds Opened a PDF from gmail which had pages laptop froze for seconds Opening microsoft word takes way too long and loads for a while My internet is fine IMO is this the laptop Windows or a mixture of both I really thought a laptop of this quality should manage to run windows with no issues Has anyone got any ideas Thanks

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/dell-xps-13speedram-issue-windows-10-4603600/
Relevancy 42.57%

An application we use to run reports runs application over Speed Network Issue one with very slowly A Speed Issue over Network with one application couple of years ago I had this Speed Issue over Network with one application same problem and figured out it had to do with my hubs which were still running I changed my hubs for HP gig switches Speed Issue over Network with one application changed my ethernet cards in the pc s to gig cards Everything worked great Reports that took minutes were now down to minutes Here is my problem I recently added an IP phone system and had to change my switches because the ones I had did not meet the specs for the phone system I added gig Extreme switches with power over the switches which was needed for the new phone system Since we did this the speed for reports has gone from minutes to minutes not as bad as it had been but still bad Testing that has been done I have run cat cable from the workstation into the HP switch which had been running fine and left the phone on the Extreme switch which is needed for the phone to work We tried running reports after hours when there was no traffic over the network When this was done there were only people in the office Still took the minutes or so Please help nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

After having problems with IE 11 on my old eMachine with Win-10 (Home)/ Comcast server I installed Chrome. It works good but the speed test resulted in 1/3rd the speed of IE 11 or FireFox. Several typical dead end suggestions (Internet ?sperts) I assume that Chrome has some setup problems, but cannot find the cure. Any suggestions? BTW, both IE and FF run ~125 Mps, Chrome~45.

A:Chrome speed test issue

Well, guess no one here knows or cares about this.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/63138-chrome-speed-test-issue.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have an issue that whenever my Desktop PC resumes from sleep the CPU fans will only spin up to issue from CPU low fan Sleep- speed Resume c rpm leading to a CPU temp of c C Whenever I do a clean boot restart or resume Resume from Sleep- CPU fan low speed issue from hibernate the CPU fans spin up to c rpm leading to a CPU temp of c C Now I know some will say even C is too high but my CPU has a max temp of C amp I don't get any issues at this temp So why when I resume from sleep are the fans not controlled properly Is this a BIOS issue- cannot see any relevant settings to change Is there some Advanced Power Management setting I need to change- I cannot find anything ACPI fan driver issues I have tried SpeedFan but I have the same issue BTW Speedfan with all fans at noisy leads to a CPU Temp of c C I'm at a loss really I would like to use sleep rather than shutdown or hibernate

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/396867-resume-sleep-cpu-fan-low-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Ok so I have been fighting this issue for days with no luck I'll provide as much information as I can and hopefully someone may know a fix or at least some more steps I can take in fixing this issue This is a home user Sky Fiber using Sky's router at Issue Network Speed Windows just over Mbps download His LAN consists of Windows laptop Windows PC iPhones Windows Network Speed Issue Windows laptop - speedtest net shows consitant download speeds of - Mbps Iphones - speedtest net shows consitant download speeds of - Mbps Windows PC - speedtest net shows - Mbps download although at random times during the day can reach - Mbps not often The windows PC was previously Windows when this issue started From the begining on Windows - I upgraded network adapter drivers to the latest version updated bios amp chipset drivers to latest versions with no change I performed virus malware scans and found the PC to have a fair few viruses and malware I did numerous removals with no change Safe mode with networking worked fine At this point I decided it may be a very nasty Virus Trojan Rootkit of somekind that is evading the anti-virus malware programs He had Windows and was looking to upgrade his machine anyway so we though it would be a good time to format the drive and do a fresh Windows install Windows - installed the latest drivers chipset networking adapter graphics card etc and still no change Speed still around - Mbps ocassionaly hitting the expected speed of - Mbps but not very often Safe mode with networking still working fine At this point I'm thinking a driver issue Tried with a wired connection no difference tried taking the wireless adapter out of the machine unistalling the drivers and then testing wired connection same issue Tried disabling IPv same issue Tried turning off the option - allow the computer to turn off this device same issue Tried changing the local computer policy that resevers bandwidth - forgot the actual name - however no change Tried with Windows firewall off and A V off no change All the while it is working in safe mode with networking Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-F A XM-HD Wireless Adapter - Edimax EW- Pin V Has a Realtek chip Wireless Adapter Driver - Realtek RTL CE Wireless Lan n PCI-E NIC Driver Date Driver Version So any help with trying to resolve the issue would be much appreciated a question in my mind is that if the safe mode drivers work fine could I use these drivers in normal mode Assuming the drivers are at fault Kind regards Tom

A:Windows Network Speed Issue

Hi to BC,

If you do a clean boot does it work as expected?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/539668/windows-network-speed-issue/
Relevancy 42.57%

I am new to this board but I am at a loss with my issue I recently upgraded to Windows from Windows Speed Download 8.1 Issue Windows and Windows 8.1 Download Speed Issue am having problems with downloads This may or may not be a JDownloader issue but Windows 8.1 Download Speed Issue maybe you can help none the less Ever since the upgrade I have not reached my previous download speeds I am using JDownloader I have a mbps fiber internet connection I am getting according to SpeedTest Before the upgrade I was getting - mbps download speeds but now I am only getting up to to kbps download speeds One thing Windows 8.1 Download Speed Issue I have noticed is that the more files I am downloading the faster the speeds simultaneous downloads reaches up to kbps total but one download will only reach to kbps I have adjusted the Connections and the Simultaneous downloads to no avail Whether it may be JDownloader or a Windows issue I would be thankful for any advice pointing me in the right direction Thanks

A:Windows 8.1 Download Speed Issue

Have you tried upgrading your network card driver ?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/36259-windows-8-1-download-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I am not seeing anything higher than 54.0 mbps connection speeds with my N wireless set up. Any input or help would be greatly appreciated!!!

My equipment/cable service is as follows:

Cablevision Optonline with Boost (30 downstream/5 upstream/100 mbps wired LAN)

Laptop specs:

Gateway M6817 with Vista Home Premium/IntelŪ Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN
2 gb ram, 250 HD, Intel Centrino Duo Core 2, 1.5 ghz processor

Router:

Belkin Wireless N model #F5D8233-4

Router settings: WPA2PSK/AES
20/40mhz bandwidth
b/g/n mode (laptop does not connect on N only mode)

***I also downloaded the most recent firmware/drivers for the network card and Belkin router***

Relevancy 42.57%

HI,

I have 20mbps Broadband, today however i re-installed windows, having issues with my speed........

for some reason i can not seem to get past 5mbps

I`ve checked device manager and updated the lan drivers etc

anyone any idea why my line is so slow?

as my brother and a friend in the same street seem to have better results on www.speedtest.net etc

on virgin media gamefiles website, i can download files but yet still getting much slower speeds, i called virgin media they say that my account is fine and still at 20mbps so i have no idea......

anyone any ideas? please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virgin-media-speed-issue.672994/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have recently chosen a new ISP and am paying for a 1Mbps connection.The problem is that i get a very low download speed of say 16Kbps only when i download using IE. Howver when i use a download manager speeds move up to 100 Kbps and the download gets completed in 1/7th of the time.

Another thing that seems related is that even if i download 6 -7 files at one time (simultaneously) each one will download at around 16 - 18 Kbps totalling to the same overall seed that i expect to get on my 1Mbps connection

Is there something i can try from my end before i blame my ISP?

A:unique downloading speed issue

If you download the same exact file from the same location via another browser, are speeds normal?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/157238-unique-downloading-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 42.57%

So i got a Netgear C I live in a tenant apartment building so not huge We ve issue speed C3000 Netgear been using the Wifi with good Mb speed until a few days ago the speed tests went down to between - Mb s The TW tech came out tried it on his modem and an actual Time Warner modem and it was the same Perfect wired speed terrible Wifi speed He thinks there s some Netgear C3000 speed issue kind of new interference somewhere but can t pinpoint it exactly understandable I live in an apartment with other roommates each are online gamers and streamers that s people using the same internet Tried connecting only PC to wireless and still same results Tried different channels Nothing So before we go and lower the internet speed Is there a good relatively cheap router modem that doesn t pick up interference Expensive router modem that doesn t pick up interference Or should I just get a modem router with a bunch of Ethernet switches and a bunch of Netgear C3000 speed issue Ethernet cables ft to wire around the apartment I m at a loss and I really don t want to limit the internet between gamers xD nbsp

A:Netgear C3000 speed issue

The following may give us enough information to make a recommendation ...

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with a screen shot see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows Vista or latter I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-c3000-speed-issue.1153594/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all

My LAN interface connects only with 100Mb/s speed with no reason though it is 1Gbit capable card (Intel 82577LC). I tried it with 3 devices (router, switch, PC directly) and a lot of cables, which are works with 1 GE speed between each other except for Toshiba laptop.

Did anybody meet this problem too? Is there any fix for it?

A:LAN 1G speed issue in Satellite R630-143

The integrated Intel 82577LC Lan card supports the 10 BASE-T / 100 BASE-TX and 1000 BASE-T network standards.

Usually you can change some LAN card options in the LAN card properties.
Go to device manager -> LAN card (Ethernet) -> click right and choose Properties.
Switch to ?Advanced? tab.

Now you should see all options which could be optimized

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?71774-LAN-1G-speed-issue-in-Satellite-R630-143
Relevancy 42.57%

I Live in India(Madhya Prradesh,Indore). I have Tikona Broadband Connection and Netgear WNR612v3 router.
While I am connected through direct ethrnet then I get full 4mbps speed and while I am connected through router then the final speed is 4mbps but with many fluctuations. Please Help!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speed-issue-with-netgear-router.1156260/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hey guys Recently my internet has been extremely slow but only on my computer I built the current PC I am using and I also built Internet Speed Issue Download my previous one which my little Internet Download Speed Issue brother uses His download speed is fine average at mb s my partners laptop download speed is averaging at mb s thats with a bar signal as well yet my download speed is this http www speedtest net result png That's the thing I don't get my PC is a lot more powerful than my previous one as well I have ran Virus scans though AVG Disk Clean ups Defrags Malwarebytes scans for Malware yet that doesn't seem to help at all although I got rid of Malware issues which was good I have re-installed and updated my Ethernet drivers and that also hasn't done a thing I have had a look on Google went through a lot of forums and tried out different approaches to this without success so any help would be extremely appreciated I am connecting with a Network cable via a Netgear Wireless N Modem Router - Model DGN I have tried running safe mode and the internet speed is still the same I replaced my cable with a new CAT Cable and also tried switching ports on the router which also didn't work Last night I disabled my windows firewall and my antivirus and then ran speedtest and the speed got up to a maximum of mb s which is a big change from mb s This didnt last long though but it did stay the same after I turned everything back on I used to use AVG but deleted that and installed MSE once I scanned with that I found a Java exploit virus and a virtool win obfuscator xz virus I removed the Java exploit but failed to remove the virtool win obfuscator xz I decided I would try and get rid of its origin some game ISO's I had which are now deleted But I think this virus is still lingering and messing with my computer I dont know if it is directly causing issues with my internet but the speed of my internet feels like its slowly degrading everyday I have been through some other forums about this virus and I tried to follow the great advice of Jacee but I cant download any of the tools to do the job that she is asking I am almost at the point of re-installing Windows as this getting extremely frustrating All your help will be greatly appreciated and I look forward to your replys

A:Internet Download Speed Issue

Hi NomadAU, welcome to Seven Forums.

I recently had similar problems with my Netgear DGN2000. It would download on my wired desktop pc at a snails pace. On my laptop, speed was excellent. When I wired my laptop to my router it would load my home page only and gave No Internet connection. If I moved the ethernet cable to any other ports on the router to my desktop pc it would give No Internet connection.
Removing all connection related settings from both pc's and resetting router to factory default did nothing to improve anything. So I bought a Netgear DGN2200v3, now normal service resumed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/288289-internet-download-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I recently reinstalled XP on my computer after erasing my entire HD, the problem is that it seems to be a lot slower for some things. For example, when I open a folder and drag the window across the screen, it's extremely laggy, when it used to be perfectly fine and smooth. Or when I scroll down on a webpage, it's also very slow and the frame rate, I guess, is horrible.

I suspect this might be because the Windows partition is 5GB instead of 30GB on my HD.

Also, I have a USB mass storage device and windows has made it the C:\ drive, and the internal HD is now J:\ How do I correct this?

A:Noticeable speed change + HD issue

Also, I have a USB mass storage device and windows has made it the C:\ drive, and the internal HD is now J:\ How do I correct this?

You disconnect the external hard drive and then do a full re-install of Windows and during it you make it do the drive C:\ First backup any important data and format the drive that the Windows XP is installed on now.

Here are instructions on doing a full install of Windows XP

Microsoft KB - How to perform a clean boot in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;310353

Remember to watch for where the installation program want to put drive C:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/noticeable-speed-change-hd-issue.492824/
Relevancy 42.14%

I hate to bring this up as I am not shure if it is a site problem, or my slow internet speed.

Often when viewing a forum page here the page [freezes] if I take too long reading or composing a reply or post.
The navigation links quit working and I have to refresh the page to get going again. More of a nuisance really than a real problem.
Sometimes even the post/reply button does not work and when I refresh the page before posting I loose the post and have to rewrite it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590666/site-issue-or-my-slow-internet-speed/
Relevancy 42.14%

I've upgraded from Windows 7 to 8 on my Vaio VPCSB series laptop ; all my programs and settings are restored but the Stamina-Speed switch does not work. PC only can detect onboard VGA , I've deleted old ATi drivers with Driver Swpeer and Installed Windows 8 drivers but no luck so far... Any suggestions?

A:Vaio stamina-Speed swtich issue :(

I have the same issue on my VPCSB190X as well. I'm running with a AMD Radeon 6470M.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/7735-vaio-stamina-speed-swtich-issue.html
Relevancy 42.14%

My girlfriend just got one of these laptops as a gift from her step dad. It's used, it's his old one. The issue is, in the bios, it registers as 2GHz but Windows says it only has a 495MHz processor. It runs super slow.

What could be the problem?

Relevancy 42.14%

Hello I have gone through the speed issue sticky and tried everything mentioned except physically installing more RAM I am currently at GB of RAM and running XP SP and assuming that should be sufficient I previously had a serious issue with Malware to the point it rendered my laptop useless and this great site has helped me get back on my feet But once again I need help becuase this speed issue is almost annoying enough to go buy a new PC Here is the HiJackThis log along with ActiveScan Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files problems issue? Possible speed - Malware Computer Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C PROGRA Logitech MOUSEW SYSTEM EM EXEC EXE C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSRMon exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe C Program Files COMODO Firewall cfp exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files COMODO Firewall cmdagent exe C WINDOWS Computer speed problems - Possible Malware issue? System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exe C Program Files Sprint Sprint PCS Connection Manager CMSPCSUtilSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C PROGRA hpq Shared HPQTOA EXE C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY lion amp pf laptop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride microweb plms local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO ContributeBHO Class - C DC - - A A- D-C C - I Program Files Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll file missing O - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- -... Read more

Relevancy 42.14%

Hello everyone,

This is an issue mainly with my hard-drive and not Windows 8. I attached an image to help resolve this problem. Whenever the 'Data transfer rate' reaches 100% I get huge performance issues. This happens whenever I deal with a few running programs that are accessing and writing data.

The speed transfer of this HD is about 3Gbits I think and is interfaced with SATA. Does this mean I have to buy a new HD with larger transfer rate or am I missing something?

I used to run Windows 7 but switched to 8 and with the new task manager I 'managed' to notice the performance with my HD.

Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/11612-hard-drive-transfer-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello everyone,

This is an issue mainly with my hard-drive and not Windows 8. I attached an image to help resolve this problem. Whenever the 'Data transfer rate' reaches 100% I get huge performance issues. This happens whenever I deal with a few running programs that are accessing and writing data.

The speed transfer of this HD is about 3Gbits I think and is interfaced with SATA. Does this mean I have to buy a new HD with larger transfer rate or am I missing something?

I used to run Windows 7 but switched to 8 and with the new task manager I 'managed' to notice the performance with my HD.

Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/11612-hard-drive-transfer-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,

Just installed this game and by default this game runs on my Integrated Graphics and not the High-Performance NVIDIA Processor. Running using the Integrated Graphics, the game main menu was lagging like it was around 5-10 fps. Scrolling the options was so slow and quite annoying. However the gameplay was smooth, only at the main menu was lagging.

Running the game using High-Performance NVIDIA Processor settings, all were smooth, both main menu and gameplay. However I cannot choose to run this game using the High-Performance NVIDIA Processor by default, I don't know why.

Is there any way to force this game to run using the High-Performance NVIDIA Processor ?

I already go to NVIDIA Control Panel and set the game to run using High-Performance NVIDIA Processor. But when I ran the game it still use the Integrated Graphics.

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/55673-need-speed-most-wanted-2005-performance-issue.html
Relevancy 42.14%

The thumbnails on my Speed Dial are all scrambled, some appear more than once, and others don't appear at all.

I am using Opera 9.52 build 10108. I am using a skin of my own design because I found the default of Opera 9.x too hard to read. I am currently running the Java Runtime Environment v 1.6.

Does anyone know what is causing this problem?

A:[SOLVED] Opera 9.52: Speed Dial Issue

Hi,

You wouldn't be able to post a screenshot for me to talk a look at. I have to apologies, I have never used Opera so I am not very familiar with it. If you need help posting screenshots follow this link.

Cheers!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/solved-opera-9-52-speed-dial-issue-305985.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey guys So - WIN Hang Speed: SSD 8.1 Activity, R/W 100% System Issue 0 I've just been experiencing a weird issue with WIN 8.1 - 100% SSD Activity, 0 R/W Speed: System Hang Issue my system where it hangs and it is very unresponsive at random intervals of time in fact the first clue that I had an issue was when boot to WIN 8.1 - 100% SSD Activity, 0 R/W Speed: System Hang Issue desktop time was much longer than normal and desktop startup apps took forever to load My system would hang very often right when desktop begins to load in and also when opening various web links or even at random intervals And by unresponsive I mean that I can usually freely still move around my cursor and task manager is still shows moving graphs but if I click within a program the program will not respond to the command or it will be come not responding I've pulled up task manager to investigate during these periods of unresponsiveness correspond to when my C drive my SSD is at activity but read write speed Checking resource monitor and details do not show any application using the disk to cause the activity In fact at times during activity in resource monitor the processes list slowly decreases until there is nothing there and then resets itself I've also attempted to play games and have task manager on the side to see what effect this would have At several points I would encounter the same active R W speed but the game DOES NOT hang and I can game fine However if I were to click on let's say a web browser or a file explorer window while gaming and having the active R W speed it would respond to - click actions and then hang When I was typing this up I experienced active R W speed several times but sometimes I can continue typing and then randomly the browser becomes unresponsive What I've tried to fix it - Disable prefetch or something similar in chrome - Enable writing permissions to Skype - chkdsk f Results here - sfc scannow - Full System Scan with Bit defender scanned to after hours I cancelled it after that threats found - As a side note HD Sentinel shows the drive at due to lifetime use - SMART att here According the same program the max speed the drive has achieved since I've experienced this issue has been around MB s in terms of transfer rates clearly much slower than what it's capable of - CCCleaner cleaned out registry and some temp files - Benchmark programs such as crystaldisk do not properly finish as when it is running active R W speed would occur and the system hangs Specs - Crucial MX GB SSD Suspected issue - GB External Drive - GB RAM - i T This shows a period of normal activity and then unresponsiveness right when activity hits During activity what resource manager shows the processes list decreases and eventually results in the picture below Showing active R W speed yet not processes with disk activity Any help or suggestions are appreciated EDIT - I've also tried updating to the latest SSD firmware but that hasn't helped - Crucial Storage Management shows a health drive I guess it's based on SMART atts - Tried to run a short self test through HD Sentinel I let it run for minutes where I noticed that the progress bar was not progressing after the minute mark task manager showed minimum disk activity so I cancelled that

A:WIN 8.1 - 100% SSD Activity, 0 R/W Speed: System Hang Issue

Try to let it run entirely for the short test. U may choose to use SeaTools for Windows. Don't wanna rule out harddisk is faulty though.u can get the files at http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/item/seatools-win-master/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/600037/win-81-100-ssd-activity-0-rw-speed-system-hang-issue/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi My name is Nick and I've been searching for an issue similiar to mine with a solution with no luck I'll say first that I am an IT speed Network solution - find issue Can't professional and can't figure out the cause to the problem Any help is greatly appreciated Here's the situation I'm in I had been getting Network speed issue - Can't find solution computer crashed for about the last week Couldn't fix the issue software-wise so I Network speed issue - Can't find solution reformatted hoping it was not a hardware issue and so far it seems to have worked On the same day of reformatting my wireless router failed and I bought a new one I've set up the new router set up my newly reformatted computer BUT I'm having download speed issues I am using an Edimax wireless nano-usb adapter with the drivers installed Everytime I unplug and replug the adapter in my network speed is normal testing with DSL reports at around mb down After a few minutes my speed goes extremely down and stays down to around - mbs sometimes down to kb I have identical Edimax wireless adapters desktop PCs and laptop all on Windows The other desktop with the Edimax adapter is working fine with normal speed of about mb The laptop is working fine aswell with it's built-in wifi I've put my Edimax adapter in the other desktop and it works fine I've put the other desktop's adapter in my computer and the same issue happens I've tried to put the adapter in different USB ports on my desktop and the same issue keeps happening Normal speed for a few min down to slow speed after that I'm really struggling to see what could be causing such an issue I feel like I've eliminated all possibilities I'm on a clean format with network driver installed I've done a safe boot and the same issue happens I've tried different adapters differen't usb ports The only thing I haven't tried is a wired connection because I don't have that option - I'll have to run a line from my router to a switch to my computer tomorrow to see if anything changes but I can't leave the line laying across the house Any help would be GREATLY appreciated I'm banging my head against the desk Thanks -Nick

A:Network speed issue - Can't find solution

Other technical specs whether relevant or not -

Windows 7 Home Premium clean format
Asus P6T Mobo
6 GB DDR3 1333 RAM OC @ approx 1700
i7 920 2.66GHz OC @ 4.1 GHz
Radeon HD 7850
Antec 650W PSU
Sata II HD
Edimax 150Mbps Wireless 802.11b/g/n Nano USB Adapter

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/network-speed-issue-cant-find-solution-655175.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello I just recently last week built a computer I am currently using a year ish old Belkin N wireless adapter as my motherboard does not have built in wifi My download speed is significantly slower than my girlfriend s laptop and sometimes ping tests show up to - packet loss it s kind of off and on seemingly random I ve tried fixing the issue on my own to no avail I m really far away from the router but I don t think it s an issue because it consistently says I have - bars My next step is to purchase a new adapter this one seems pretty cheap It may also be an issue with an quot network icontrol quot feature on my motherboard I m gonna go through this thread and throw all the information from ipconfig and ping tests in here I would really appreciate any help at all I m not very good with networking at all thank you Edit Router serial number is a c b and the modem s n is ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Windows IP Configuration Host Name Reina Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List neo rr com Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix neo rr com Description Belkin USB Wireless Adaptor Physical Address issue loss Internet speed/packet - - B- C-F -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c dea f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Internet speed/packet loss issue Obtained Monday October PM Lease Expires Tuesday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -DE- - F- - - B- C-F -A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap neo rr com Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled Internet speed/packet loss issue No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B FCA- - B- FB- E DD D DD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- C Users Greg gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round Internet speed/packet loss issue trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Greg gt ping google com Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Greg gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- It seems to be cooperating at the moment though if I encounter issues I will post the results of all these tests again Thank you guys for any help at all nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

Using all available win previews and now the official public release I have had mbps speeds on my LAN til yesterday when I Finally network fixed my issue. speed set jumbo frames to ON and k size I didn't try any other I just used the largest BAM My full normal gigabit speeds are back once again I find myself dumb founded as to what Microsoft has done to a working network architecture to break it so badly that shares speed and availability are Finally fixed my network speed issue. now nearly broke NEVER have I ever had to use jumbo frames on any PC or OS in fact doing so previously has made zero difference in throughput i love windows for what they did but it's actually worse than windows on many levels I won't go back to Win yet if at all I am just baffled why they did what they did for the home and pro versions Sure make enterprise have a newish type of network architecture because businesses are going to do a complete review due up all of their PCs way home user is going to do one they're going to use Windows be immediately turned off because the networking doesn't work very well if it all

A:Finally fixed my network speed issue.

Still strange, though, as my adapter has Jumbo Frames disabled and it runs 1Gig no sweat.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/13618-finally-fixed-my-network-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 41.71%

nbsp Brand new TC- nbsp Windows Pre installed nbsp Internet connection should be up to mb s and am only getting just under sec nbsp Internet provider came out to check modem I'm on a wired connection btw nbsp Win10 Internet Horrible - issue... ATC-710-ES61 speed Their laptop connected at mb s but the PC still only showed at it's best testing nbsp They had no solution and my window to return is up in the next couple days Is this a Windows issue that can be easily remedied or are there issues with the netword card adaptor what is it called nbsp nbsp I am going to get the owner my dad ATC-710-ES61 Horrible Internet speed - Win10 issue... in another city to turn off auto update uninstall mcafee bloat and try the speed test on chrome and firefox to ensure it is not Windows Edge for whatever reason nbsp Any other owners with this issue or can anyone suggest a fix or a way to test his modem network adaptor sorry ATC-710-ES61 Horrible Internet speed - Win10 issue... I'm not sure what it's called nbsp Also regarding the modem adaptor - what does this PC come with - I want him to ensure it's driver firmware or whatever is up todate and not the cause nbsp His old computer was a Windows Vista relic but ATC-710-ES61 Horrible Internet speed - Win10 issue... the speed was always near it's max so this thing with all it's power etc is no good for him like this Thanks nbsp Solved Go to Solution

A:ATC-710-ES61 Horrible Internet speed - Win10 issue...

ok, let's wait an answer about the Realtek driver.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/ATC-710-ES61-Horrible-Internet-speed-Win10-issue-or-Network/m-p/428001
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello everyone I'm really hoping someone here can give me a hand I've been tossed back and forth between twitch issue / streaming Twitch.tv upload low to (Due speed) gaming tv support my ISP and a few other forums that mainly discuss internet speeds Here is some basic information to get started Location Edmonton Alberta Twitch.tv streaming / gaming issue (Due to low upload speed) Canada PC Lenovo Y P Laptop OS Windows Modem Hitron CGNM- -SHW ISP Shaw Communications Twitch.tv streaming / gaming issue (Due to low upload speed) Broadband Package Additional Information My laptop is plugged directly into the back of my modem using a ethernet cord Problem Extremely low upload speed despite one service Ookla Speedtest telling me that i'm getting what I pay for I'm having issues live streaming games on twitch tv video buffers for my viewers having issues watching livestreams buffers occasionally - guess this might be a common issue and i'm also have some really bad ping in games like Path of Exile Here are some speed tests The first one is using Ookla this one is partnered with my ISP so they use this to determine if i'm getting the speeds i'm paying for unfortunately this service says that everything is okay I've included both a speed test for here in Edmonton Alberta And another test for the server that is closest to the twitch tv server out in Seattle WA Ookla seems to look okay I should be able to stream with these speeds no problem Now after speaking with twitch support staff they advise that I use other services to determine why when I try to live stream i'm buffering for my viewers This is the test done at testmy net This service tells me that i'm only getting Kbps Which is definitely much lower than either of the above tests And the last test is the most important one they mentioned that I try and run as this test determines which server I have the strongest connection to in order to live stream http i imgur com sNFzLs png This above image is stating that I have Quality Basically telling me that i'm unable to stream I had one of my friends who lives about minutes away from me who is also using Shaw - but on a lower plan Broadband run all of these tests His Ookla came back fine he scored a Mbps on testmy net and then linked me this image to his Twitch Bandwidth test https cdn discordapp com attachments PNG Now that i've explained everything here are the steps i've already taken to try and rectify my issue Restarted Computer Restarted Modem Tested on Wireless Tested using different ethernet cord Contacted ISP Ran Malware Bytes and Virus Scan Tested Wifes Acer laptop Booted up in safemode Contacted ISP and got a replacement modem - from a Cisco to a Hitron Reformatted my computer Downloaded the most up to date LAN drivers Posted on this forum After all of these steps i'm still left with no improvement My ISP can't do anything as they base is solely off of Ookla If anyone has any other suggestions - i'm all ears Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/627123/twitchtv-streaming-gaming-issue-due-to-low-upload-speed/
Relevancy 41.71%

nbsp Brand new TC- nbsp Windows Pre installed nbsp Internet connection should be up to mb s and am only getting just under sec nbsp Internet provider came out to check modem I'm on a wired connection btw nbsp Their laptop connected at mb s but the PC still only showed at it's best testing nbsp They had no solution and my window to return is up in the next couple days Is this a Windows issue that can be easily remedied or are there issues - Horrible Internet speed Win10 ATC-710-ES61 issue... with the netword card adaptor what is ATC-710-ES61 Horrible Internet speed - Win10 issue... it called nbsp nbsp I am going to get the owner my dad in another city to turn off auto update uninstall mcafee bloat and try the speed test on chrome and firefox to ensure it is not Windows Edge for whatever reason nbsp Any other owners with this issue or can anyone suggest a fix or a way to test his modem network adaptor sorry I'm not sure what it's called nbsp Also regarding the modem adaptor - what does this PC come with - I want him to ensure it's driver firmware or whatever is up todate and not the cause nbsp His old computer was a Windows Vista relic but the speed was always near it's max so this thing with all it's power etc is no good for him like this Thanks nbsp Solved Go to Solution

A:ATC-710-ES61 Horrible Internet speed - Win10 issue...

ok, let's wait an answer about the Realtek driver.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/ATC-710-ES61-Horrible-Internet-speed-Win10-issue-or-Network/td-p/428001/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 41.71%

After cleaning my old s full wipe out changing thermal paste etc I had issue with turning it on and at the end issue was caused by one of screws that was to tightened in loosing it a bit solved issue atleast it looked like it Day after I got error when starting system Bios table DSDT Editing - - Fan HP Issue Speed 4510s corrupt or missing flashing Bios with latest version sorted issue but after that my CPU fan is constantly running on tried several programs for controll but none can detect it only Aida is detecting that its running on while its obvius its on nbsp After a bit of research I cheched motherboard inch by inch if there is maybe any broken capacitator cable or something and everything seems fine So I ended up in trying to edit DSDT table issue is I can't find lines that are responsible for fan speed so if anyone can assist in searching lines pointing to HP 4510s - Editing DSDT table - Fan Speed Issue them or some other possible solution I would be really thankfull nbsp nbsp Here is my DSDT table nbsp http pastebin com BpxHpaZJ

A:HP 4510s - Editing DSDT table - Fan Speed Issue

Well, managed to find lines responsible for Fan speed controll, and after changing and updating, fan is still on 100%, even tried to set all values to 10% or 20% etc, it just ignores it and its still on full power, system is cold, its not overheating issue... Only thing i can try is to reinstall windows (win 7 x64) but I doubt it will help... Suspecting its hardware issue (altho I crossed that possibility)... Anyone had similar issue maybe?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-4510s-Editing-DSDT-table-Fan-Speed-Issue/td-p/2904903
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello I m new here I been trying to fix this for quite a while and I basically ran out of ideas So I am hoping you guys might have a fix for me The problem I have is this computer here is experiencing really slow internet speeds about - Kilobits Sec while all other computers in my house is Internet New Thread Help Start Couldn't Issue Speed getting - kilobits Sec My ISP is comcast mbps we have IP s available Help Internet Speed Issue Couldn't Start New Thread I am getting one IP and am not running behind a router Help Internet Speed Issue Couldn't Start New Thread the other ip is to the router and splitting to everybody else Heres a few things I done so far I rebooted in safemode and done adaware scan full system I ran hijackthis and norton AV All clear I adjusted my TCP IP settings to MaxMTU TCPRwin TTL MTU Discovery Yes Black Hole Detect No Selective ACKs Yes Max Duplicate ACKs Windows Scaling Enabled I uninstalled all protocols not in use Such as QOS packet scheduler Disabled and uninstalled I updated Modem drivers and NIC drivers I Tried to test it with no firewall I tried connecting to the router that every other computer was on I tried plugging cable modem directly to my computer with no other users sharing I am sure there is no spyware Malware Virus in my computer I ran netstat in MS-DOS prompt to see if there was anything that might be using my bandwidth nothing there I have no idea what is going on Computer Specs MotherBoard A V X-LA Athlon XP Windows XP Ghz Mhz FSB degrees C Gig RAM DDR GB Harddrive GB Free Network Card Via Rhine II VT Driver Ver Internet Browser Internet Explorer Tried FireFOX too Please help me nbsp

A:Help Internet Speed Issue Couldn't Start New Thread

I don't have any idea why you couldn't start a new thread, just click on the New Thread at the top left of the page. I've moved your post to a new thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-internet-speed-issue-couldnt-start-new-thread.692534/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi All I hope Speed Less Torrent Speed Than Download Speed Browser but Upload Superb someone out there can help me with this problem I am using a laptop in Cambodia and connecting to my ISP Viettel via a G Dongle Huewai E The ISP is a Vietnamese company and the customer support via their Cambodian subsidiary Metfone is effectively zero Here are my system details Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R M CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard DIXONSXP ref NO G -yymmdd-DI- - -FF-FF Browser Download Speed Less Than Upload Speed but Torrent Speed Superb Antivirus avast Internet Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled G Dongle Huawei E signal - Blue lights on dongle - Mbits s capable I use Avast Internet Security and Comodo Firewall I have no viruses etc indicated by Avast Browser Firefox My problem is with the download speed when using Firefox tried IE and same slow speed When I run speedtest net I get a download speed of between and Mbits s and the pages take annoyingly long to download I have communicated with others on forums in Cambodia who are getting to Mbits s when browsing using the same dongle and when I run my Vuze torrent downloader I also achieve to Mbits s So I know these speeds are achievable through my dongle in my present location but something is blocking my browser from attaining these speeds I have attached two screen shots The first shows my computer downloading torrents at over Mbits s with no other applications running The second shows me having closed the torrent downloads and opened up firefox and run speedtest net showing me chugging along at Mbits s I am at best an intermediate user but willing to follow instructions and provide any other info that might resolve this problem Thanks in advance for all help with this matter Snookybiker nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

Good day nbsp I have registered in this forum in search for a solution towards my problem First and formost here is nbsp my laptop specifications nbsp Acer gIntel Core i M Ghz Up to Ghz with turbo boost GB RAM GB HDD Temporarily replaced with a faulty GB nbsp Ok Speed 4750G Aspire 798... i5 Intel ACER Clock @ Issue that being said I have two questions nbsp Mainly as I've noticed the sudden slow down of my computer I went into further research and found out that my clock speed is stuck at MHz via CPU-Z it wouldn't go up nor go low even when I open extensive programs like Photoshop or ACER Aspire 4750G Clock Speed Issue Intel i5 @ 798... games like Modern Warfare Like it used to go up to Ghz and all So going further I opened the laptop to check if any chips or wires weren't properly placed as I had it 're-aligned' through a techcnician I checked if the bolts and screws weren't properly fixed that could be causing the issue to no avail I bought and tried Installing a Windows -bit and then a Windows -bit but still my CPU won't go beyond MHz thus in both bit and bit my Windows Index Calculations per second reads than the usual to nbsp Score Checked around the internet and even someone with a G with only an i processor reads Score in his so something is definitely wrong with my CPU Speed nbsp nbsp Can I replace the CPU of my laptop as I've seen that it could be removed And I did remove it and properly placed it back along with thermal pastes This is a minor question nbsp And ever since I've gotten this fixed with a technician my Turbo boost no longer works It prompts me that you must have turbo boost enabled blabla I checked if they replaced my CPU with a faulty one but they didnt it's still the same with my mark on it and serials nbsp To anyone who can help me remove the limit of my CPU from MHz I'd really appreciate it as I've been struggling for days how to make it work nbsp P S Things I've tried Went to BIOS and chose Load Setup Defaults to no availUsed ThrottleStop in hopes of tweaking the Clock speed to no availTried a Bit and a Bit Windows OS to no availTried using GeekBench to stress test my laptop but still my clock speed wouldn't even move from MHzCleaned the laptopRe aligned the chipsIt's temporarily at -Bit Operating system as I noticed that it gives me more FPS boost from - to - Back then my FPS would go as far as - but ever since my CPU Issue it wont throttle beyond FPS sadly

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/ACER-Aspire-4750G-Clock-Speed-Issue-Intel-i5-798MHz/td-p/425731/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a Toshiba satellite a d-s The specs for this can be found here reviews cnet com laptops toshiba-satellite-a d-s - - html Sorry for no link but I am apparently not allowed to do that yet I bought it new and it came with windows vista A couple (Toshiba speed High host issue Satellite) controller years later I upgraded to windows Upgrading to the new OS was fine but then later I needed to upgrage yet again to bit This unfortunately was not as easy and I need to wipe the drive clean and start fresh Now there are a couple issues with the host controllers the main being that I keep getting warnings saying that the devices I plug in can run faster if I were to use a high speed High speed host controller issue (Toshiba Satellite) port This confuses me because the USB ports are but they are acting like they are I have done everything I can think of to get these to function correctly but nothing I do seems to work The second issue which isn t as annoying is that when I move the screen the sound for High speed host controller issue (Toshiba Satellite) connect disconnect a USB device is played and the little popup for quot new device connected quot is shown I am unsure why the screen is acting like it s a USB device I have disabled the notifications and sounds for all ports now but I would kind of like to know why this is happening Do anyone know how I can solve these problems I have checked multiple forums and have been searching for an answer for about months now with no luck I think I have provided enough information but if anyone needs more just let me know and I will be happy to provide it Thanks nbsp

A:High speed host controller issue (Toshiba Satellite)

Are there any yellow exclamation points in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-speed-host-controller-issue-toshiba-satellite.178296/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello Today my internet speed had slowed down and i received a Speed Server slowed Shutdown down! has Internet issue DCOM + DCOM Server Process Launcher shutdown message My connection gives me KB s but today i was only getting KB s I called my ISP they told me to run a few commands including quot netstat -n Internet Speed has slowed down! + DCOM Server Shutdown issue quot and they said that Internet Speed has slowed down! + DCOM Server Shutdown issue my computer was infected with malware And my computer has become quite slow I tried running GMER i got BSOD HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Internet Speed has slowed down! + DCOM Server Shutdown issue Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe D Program Files Online Armor OAcat exe D Program Files Online Armor oasrv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS system ASTSRV EXE D Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system dgdersvc exe D Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe C WINDOWS system FsUsbExService Exe D PROGRA GFI GFIBAC GFIHInst exe D PROGRA GFI GFIBAC GFIHSC EXE D Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe D Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe D Program Files Nitro PDF Professional NitroPDFDriverService exe C WINDOWS system NLSSRV EXE C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrB exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exe D Program Files Sandboxie SbieSvc exe d Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe D Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe D Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE D Program Files Online Armor OAui exe D Program Files Logitech SetPointP SetPoint exe D Program Files TortoiseHg TortoiseHgOverlayServer exe D Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe D Program Files Taskbar Shuffle taskbarshuffle exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe D Program Files Online Armor OAhlp exe D Program Files GreedyTorrent GTor exe D Program Files Codebox BitMeter BitMeter exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE D Program Files Logitech SetPointG SetPointII exe D PROGRAM FILES ATHAN ATHAN EXE D Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settin... Read more

A:Internet Speed has slowed down! + DCOM Server Shutdown issue

Hiya

Sorry for the lateness in a reply, but these forums are very busy

Are you still having this problem? If so, can you rescan with the DDS and HijackThis and post the fresh logs

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-has-slowed-down-dcom-server-shutdown-issue.946204/
Relevancy 40.85%

hi this is my first time here so id like to apologize in advance if the querry lack technical explaination of the issue i got a ZTE 3G dongle model MF668A it works fine with xp computer but when i install it in windows vista home premium, eventhough it installs and connects with no issues however incredibly slow even the speedtest website doesnt open

it seems something is blocking the connection....

also there is a mircroSD slot inbuit in the dongle which reads a 1GB card on xp however vista is not detecting the same.....

please help how can i resolve this problem....???

A:3G Dongle slow speed issue windows vista home premium

Welcome PopPoPpoP, I have searched for a result that works but am unable to find one. Without any details of your Motherboard and hardware using, i can only assume that somehow a firmware program is not working as it should. Post details of your computer using for a better chance of me finding out what is wrong. Thanks for using this forum for your connection issues.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/292921-3g-dongle-slow-speed-issue-windows-vista-home-premium.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello Guys Extremely sorry to bother you guys here again with my issue so i was able to fix all my issue with my pc but now i have problem with File Transfer the Speed of a file to Speed with ? System issue File Tranfer Storage Enclosure TR8M+B be transfer from one hard drive to another is at Kbs on a brand new Storage Enclosure System TR M B See the problem is if i cant fix it by Thursday then i will have to return it as it last day to get full refund from newegg com I was testing this unit File Tranfer Speed issue with Storage Enclosure System TR8M+B ? to transfer file from hard drive in my pc to a hard drive in NSA and i notice that file transfer started at low MB s and then it goes down to KB File Tranfer Speed issue with Storage Enclosure System TR8M+B ? s and then stay at that for hours and then it goes down to KB File Tranfer Speed issue with Storage Enclosure System TR8M+B ? s and stay there for hours and then it goes to KB s I left this file transfer for over days and no luck for it to complete I am not using Raid as i will have my software Raid F so at this moment i am trying to get everything working properly before i install software and applications My New unit is Sans Digital -Bay eSATA RAID JBOD Tower Storage Enclosure w G PCIe Card TR M B Black TR M B x Hard Drive Trays Power Cord x eSATA Cable RR Dual-Port eSATA Gb s PCIe x RAID Controller Sans Digital -Bay eSATA RAID JBOD Tower Storage Enclosure w G PCIe Card TR M B Black - Newegg com Here are DropBox Screenshots https www dropbox com sh coiweqm rmb d hEDFmPtyA I have tried to tranfer files from other drive too but the speed was very slow also but transfer completed with no issue as the file where single small file between MB s and MB s Here is my system info also Bus Adapters AMD AHCI Compatible RAID Controller AMD RAID Console HighPoint RCM Device JMicron JMB X Controller RocketRAID SATA Controller Silicon Image SiI SoftRaid Controller VIA VT RAID Controller ASMedia XHCI Controller x Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller x Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller x Other Devices VIA OHCI Compliant Host Controller ASUS Disk Unlocker Microsoft Composite Battery USB Input Device Standard PS Keyboard HID-compliant mouse USB Root Hub x Generic volume shadow copy Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free d NTFS on drive GB GB free e NTFS on drive GB GB free f NTFS on drive GB GB free g NTFS on drive GB GB free h NTFS on drive GB GB free i NTFS on drive GB GB free j NTFS on drive GB GB free k NTFS on drive GB GB free l NTFS on drive GB GB free Drives Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space AMD X Mirror RAID SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive s n d a Hitachi HDS C ALA SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive Hitachi HDS C ALA SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive Hitachi HDS ALA SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive s n JK YBJUN F Hitachi HDS BLA SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive Seagate ST DM - YN SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive Seagate ST DM - F SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive WDC WD EARX- PASB SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive WDC WD EZRX- DC B SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive WDC WD EZRX- MMMB SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive Processor gigahertz AMD Phenom II X kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache kilobyte tertiary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Not hyper-threaded Operating System Windows Enterprise x Service Pack build Install Language English United States System Locale English United States Installed PM Boot Mode Legacy BIOS in UEFI Secure Boot not supported Main Circuit Board Board ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC M A EVO Rev xx Serial Number Bus Clock megahertz UEFI American Megatrends Inc Memory Modules Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Slot 'DIMM ' has MB Slot 'DIMM ' has MB Slot 'DIMM ' has MB Slot 'DIMM ' has MB Can someone please advise Thank you very much

A:File Tranfer Speed issue with Storage Enclosure System TR8M+B ?

Hello also forgot to say this unit work as : Drive Bays eSATA 6Gbps (via Port Multiplier) 8 Bay SATA to eSATA (Port Multiplier) JBOD Enc

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/311232-file-tranfer-speed-issue-storage-enclosure-system-tr8m-b.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi everyone I am having a hard time with my laptop after it came back from a repair at the shop i installed win xp pro x and fully updated the whole thing my windows continues to claim that my processor works at a mhz at all times i athlon pro processor issue XP Mobile 64x speed 64 power Win 4000+ management/Cpu AMD am able to launch games Win XP pro 64x Mobile AMD athlon 64 processor 4000+ power management/Cpu speed issue like EVE online and run all my programs but when i try to launch Hellgate London i get the message that i am not meeting the minimun requirements of mhz it then proceeds to the game and i can log in to my account and play BUT the whole thing is in a super accelerated mode can anybody help me with this i already searched microsoft and google for solutions and cant seem to find anything my AMD Power monitor says that i am running mhz as i should be i have tried to change the reg key to mhz instead but this doesnt help i have also tried to install the newest amd drivers i have also tried to install SpeedSwitch to Win XP pro 64x Mobile AMD athlon 64 processor 4000+ power management/Cpu speed issue force my computer into max speed at all times cpu goes slower when its not working please help me if u can i am totally out of ideas here my system is the Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo A G laptop Mobile AMD athlon processor ATI radeon mobility x gb ram the power management system is ACPI thx in advance Aron Rohden

A:Win XP pro 64x Mobile AMD athlon 64 processor 4000+ power management/Cpu speed issue

Boot to BIOS, Check the settings there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/win-xp-pro-64x-mobile-amd-athlon-64-processor-4000-power-management-cpu-speed-issue-195574.html
Relevancy 37.41%

I bought a toshiba satellite m -s on April It has an intel pro wireless bg adapter - driver v I have it connected a netgear wgr v router it has a problem maintaining a constant speed I watched the network monitor on the notebook and it always shows a quot connection excellent quot however the speed is not constant - it will vary from - issue pro intel wireless speed connection 2200bg wireless mbsp to wireless connection speed issue - intel pro wireless 2200bg mbsp - but seldom does it maintain the mbsp on I sent the machine to toshiba - they replaced the network adapter - or so they said and wiped the hard drive and reinstalled the original software I rec d the machine back and find that the problem has not changed - it still will not maintain a steady speed so viewing files on other pcs on the lan takes forever and page loads on the net can also occupy too much time I have an older toshiba satellite with a netgear wireless wireless connection speed issue - intel pro wireless 2200bg wg t adapter I have watched the monitor on that one and it will show connection excellent and maintains a steady speed of mbsp these two machines can be sitting side by side or in separate rooms and still the old one will maintain it s connection and speed but the new will not maintain the speed I called toshiba up again and they want to say it s my router I explained to them that another toshiba on the same network does not faulter -- so how can it be the router they didn t want to but they are quot granting quot me service to send the machine back to them again I haven t done that yet as I thought I would see if there was some real help elsewhere -- like perhaps here just to be on the CYA side I updated the firmware on the netgear router - the problem remained also after reading several wireless issues on this board and learning how to do pings and such I did wireless connection speed issue - intel pro wireless 2200bg run the DrTCP and changed the mtu to dsl modem netopia caymen series router netgear v windows xp home - on all computers anyone have any idea why the new toshiba will not maintain a speed on the same router as the old toshiba that continues to work and maintain a speed I would prefer to resolve this issue without having to send it off to toshiba again as I m not convinced they actually checked the problem before swapping parts and reformatting nbsp

Relevancy 37.41%

guys please help me , it happens when ever i want. i speed test from speedtest.net and i get speed 0.89 mbps ( which is good for me) but if i download something , down speed is 2 kb. if i play a video it buffes so slowly that it takes ahour.

1 thing more, this happened few days ago on my laptop, so i started using internet on my pc , this this stopped and i got high speed.. but now after some days it has started again

A:Speed test gives vey good speed but down speed is just 2-3 kb

Quote: Originally Posted by Hassnain

guys please help me , it happens when ever i want. i speed test from speedtest.net and i get speed 0.89 mbps ( which is good for me) but if i download something , down speed is 2 kb. if i play a video it buffes so slowly that it takes ahour.

1 thing more, this happened few days ago on my laptop, so i started using internet on my pc , this this stopped and i got high speed.. but now after some days it has started again

When comparing speeds, remember to divide your speedtest result by 8. 0.89 mbps is around 101KBps.

Download speeds depend on many factors, inclduing the modem/router, traffic through your ISP at the time, and the type of download, just to name a couple.

What type of download is it? Are they torrents? These can often be slow.

Are downloads slow from everywhere?

You mentioned video buffering; Do you have downloads going at the same time that you are trying to view a video? Are there other people sharing your connection (eg other family members)?

You didn't say if you had tried rebooting the router/modem, or if you had been in contact with your ISP. These would be among the first things to try.

As you haven't stated what you have tried, I'm going to assume none of the following have been tried. Apologies if you have tried/tested the following.

If you plug a phone into the same wall socket at your modem do hear any noise/static or is is sound quality very poor or low volume? These might indicate physical line problems, which your Telco would need to address.

It's also possible the equipment at your local exchange is in need of a reboot. This is often referred to as a "Port reset". Your ISP can do this for you.

Other things you can try is replacing the phone and ethernet cable (if you are connected by cable), or replacing the line filter if you have one. If you have multiple devices on your phone line remove everything except your modem/router.

If you have a DSL connection you know that the speeds will vary dramatically from one hour to the next. But 2KBps is poor in any situation.

Have you tried doing ping and tracert to various sites? You ISP may want this information to place a fault report with your telco.

copy and paste results into an email to your ISP

ping www.google.com -t (Stop it after a minute or so).
ping www.yahoo.com -t (Stop it after a minute or so).

tracert www.google.com

See how you go with the above. Get back to us if you get no joy from your ISP/Telco.

hth
Tanya

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/253197-speed-test-gives-vey-good-speed-but-down-speed-just-2-3-kb.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Ok, so me and my counterparts have not been able to figure this out for about a month now. I bought a wireless usb adapter(b/g/n) for my rig and it was fine for a long time until about 2 months ago when I at somepoint started not getting full throughput.

My laptop(a/g/n) gets 50mbps and the adapter(b/g/n) now gets 30mbps. No, putting my rig next to the router doesn't help. The only way I can get full speed is via ethernet.

I've plugged in the bgn into my laptop and it still gets full.

Today, I've tried a friend's pci adapter and it only made a 1mbps difference.

any ideas?

A:Varying wireless speed "wtf?!" issue

Did the wireless adapter come with a software installation cd? If so, I would remove any wireless related drivers and the software, then reinstall the required drivers and software.

Could also try accessing the router from your laptop - there should be an option to restart/reset the modem. I've fixed speed related issued in a similar way.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/258707-varying-wireless-speed-wtf-issue.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Only had this new pc a few weeks and it is so slow now after 3 blue screen of death crashes that caused this I think, I believe firefox caused. I am not sure how to read dump files to show you details of the BSOD. I am including details of my PC along with the hijack this log, my system is clean though according to antispyware and virus scans.

2GB DDRII RAM
VISTA ULTIMATE 32bit

I installed 64bit before this 32bit one on another partition of this HDD but cannot boot into it anymore at startup because this PC won't let me select it because it does not detect my keyboard in DOS mode for some weird reason.

Hijackthis log is attached file.

A:Snail Speed Pc At Times And Always Slow Internet Speed On Vista Ultimate

I found this helpful information on possible solutions, very familiar with errors on previous Microsoft operating systems. http://www.vandersluijs.nl/content/view/973/96/lang,enI uninstalled one of the suggested updates and so far it is fine, the update was only optional so no security threats. I think it has helped, not certain if it will be like a fresh install because windows is slower than it was two weeks ago. If 3 weeks is best windows can handle for being ready for a new install I may have to go back to Linux. I hope this thread can stay on this forum somewhere to help others follow the link I posted above for possible solutions to this problem, it will save them time and effort trying numerous things.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/108144/snail-speed-pc-at-times-and-always-slow-internet-speed-on-vista-ultimate/
Relevancy 35.69%

My computer was running just fine til about a week ago. I am on a secure network that was before yielding 1/mb/sec download speeds on wireless router. I have tested the network on my laptop and it still runs just fine, however my desktop has become sluggish, the download speeds are down to 30kb/sec and the search function has been taken over by "searchfastfind.net" that Malware Bytes has failed to find. Today the internet would simply die and not reconnect, or my browser would redirect to dead sites. The CPU on any processes doesn't seem high, but my computer is screaming like it's running several programs at once. I am using Vista, all updates installed that are available and needed.

What would I do to figure out the sort of malware I suspect this to be?

Dell Studio 540S Windows Vista Premium 2 64 bit

A:Suspected Malware (searchfastfind.net) - Ruining Internet Speed and Computer Speed

I ran rkill.exe it found no known programs running, malware still seems to come up empty, but my cpu speed and internet connection are still terrible.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/371386/suspected-malware-searchfastfindnet-ruining-internet-speed-and-computer-speed/
Relevancy 35.69%

I have 8 mbps connection wifi. when I test with speedtest.net I get download speed of 1 mbps on my laptop.
but we have 2 android phones and we get around 9 mbps speed on both the phones.
I gone through forums but could not get solution.

attached is screenshot of Wi-Fi inspector. please help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-speed-on-laptop-in-wifi-while-good-speed-on-mobile-phones.1154826/
Relevancy 35.69%

I recently upgraded my internet service and found that speed test results from speedtest.net and speakeasy.com were giving me download results that were ~ half of what I was supposed to be getting ( 9Mbs vs 16Mbs). I called the ISP and they suggested I restart in safe mode w/ networking and run the tests again. I did and the results of the test were surprising. I was getting the 16Mbs download speed that I signed up for. The tech suggested that I may be infected with something. I run several free programs (Mbam, avg, avast, ect.) to try to aviod these things, but it seems as though something may have gotten through. Any help that you guys may be able to provide would be greatly appreciated. Btw, no error messages and I am running Windows XP. Thanks in advance.

A:Pc speed test download speed significantly faster in safe mode

I take it MBam is updayted and run..Rerun MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when doneclick Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan (normal mode).After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.Next run ATF and SAS: If you cannot access Safe Mode,run in normal ,but let me know.Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".From your regular user account..Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner and then SUPERAntiSpyware , Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..DO NOT run yet.Open SUPER from icon and install and Update itUnder Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)Using the F8 MethodRestart your computer. When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu. Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode. Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use Firefox or Opera browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.NOW Scan with SUPEROpen from the desktop icon or the program Files listOn the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.Perform a Complete scan. After scan,Verify they are all checked.Click OK on the summary screen to quarantine all found items.If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.Click Close to exit the program.Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/303206/pc-speed-test-download-speed-significantly-faster-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 35.69%

ok after i formatted i noticed internet installing immediately question programs+another needed speed after all Speed reduced explorer opened instantly but then after installign the programs i Speed immediately reduced after installing all needed programs+another speed question need like dif spyware removers all popular ones like spysweeper trillian pro gmail notifier visual basic limewire breitt technologies BUDDY REMINDER magic iso iso buster nero aim divx player IE didnt open as quickly anymore and i cant think of anything im pretty good with comptuers all of my knowledge is from using them sicne age i actually run a computer repair business but im clueless why my computer speed as been affected so soon i have a pentium intel celeron cpu ghz now gb ram win XP home i watch what starts with my comp everythings fine i have two hard drives they may not be set slave master but i realy dont think thats it if you DO but have other suggestions also PLEASE tell me both because i dont think that is it i think i have a gb and a gb hard drive with PLENTY room free cant really think what else to tell you my other question was i used this program AShampoo WinOptimizer version and i chose for it to quot run desktop and taskbar as seperate process more stable uses more memory though quot do i want to use that if so why thank you SO MUCH for reading you dont get how much i appreciate it

A:Speed immediately reduced after installing all needed programs+another speed question

What firewall do you have? what security programs do you have installed

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/speed-immediately-reduced-after-installing-all-needed-programs-another-speed-question-144881.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I am using mozilla firefox 2.0.0.9 and have wndows xp pro as OS.For last two days my net surfing experience is going very strange.My page loading speed is good but the download speed is very slow.When ever i download a file it downloads very slowly.The download speed has decrease about 4 times .I have my internet through siemens adsl sl2.141 modem and I login to my account through ppoe WAN password account.Can anybody help please?

A:Browsing/page Loading Speed Is Good But Downloading Speed Is Too Slow

Have you monitored your system with Windows Task Manager while downloading? If you determine Firefox is causing the problem, try safe mode and/or a new profile. Sometimes settings and/or extensions got corrupted leading to strange behavior. Standard diagnostic - Firefox

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/116144/browsingpage-loading-speed-is-good-but-downloading-speed-is-too-slow/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi I may be missing something pretty basic here as my tech knowledge is pretty poor I have recently paid my internet provider to increase my connection speed from meg package to meg as I need a faster connection Ive done a speed test and it says that my speed is pretty much what my increased to much speed? but internet dont in speed 4meg change from 1meg see the service provider has promised but when I use the wifi in my place which I used with the original meg connection it doesnt seem any faster at increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed? all I thought I d be flying from one website to the next but its not happening that way at all Someone said I should consider buying an aircard to increase my computers ability to recieve more data from the increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed? router but then someone else said that is not what an aircard is for Anyway Im stuck and would appreciate any help i could get as at the moment Im paying alot more cash each month for no improvement Thanks in advance for any help Cheers nbsp

A:increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/increased-my-internet-speed-from-1meg-to-4meg-but-dont-see-much-change-in-speed.625674/
Relevancy 35.69%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor x Family Model ping problems and good Actual download but speed test speed Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Actual download speed problems but good ping and speed test D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ECS Iris Antivirus Sunbelt VIPRE Updated and Enabled I m having a problem with my download speeds I don t have an ultra high connection just mb s My speed tests confirm that is exactly what I m getting but when I actually download something it goes to kb s and will go no higher I ve contacted my ISP and they say it s my computer The speed test is showing what it should but I just can t get past I ve ran several malware spyware and virus tests and they all come out clean I m at the end of my rope Don t have a clue what to do next to get my speed up This is what shows on IPCONFIG ALL Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users David gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name David-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - E- - - E- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday February AM Lease Expires Friday February AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B E-F C - - F F- F ECB br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users David gt nbsp

Relevancy 35.69%

I moved into a city that has 1gbps fiber and I got it. I set my computer up to run Ubuntu or Windows 7 in the Ubuntu OS I have full speed, like 980mbps but in Windows I can only get around 370mbps, they informed me that it was a know issue which is why they carry around laptops with Ubuntu instead of windows to troubleshoot there system. Anyone have any clue on this, I cant even imagine where to start looking for the setting or fix. Thanks

A:Limited fiber download speed in windows 7 full speed in linux

1gbps is fantastic. I suspect the Windows problem is a driver problem. Did you check the Windows 10TP. Maybe they fixed it. But then, the really big chunks you can always download with Ubuntu. I envy you, LOL.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/363131-limited-fiber-download-speed-windows-7-full-speed-linux.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi, my problem is that i have low download speed and fast upload speed. My brother have 17 download speed and 16 upload speed on wifi (he have also notebook) and i have download speed 2,5 and upload speed 16. We were trying speedtest.net at the same time. http://www.speedtest.net/result/4038336205.png

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:lenovo U510 low download speed fast upload speed

hi Delian

Thanks for Posting!

try checking these

Change Encryption Support
Right-Click on the Wi-fi signal icon on the lower right corner of the screen, Select Open Network and Sharing Center.
Cick on your Wireless network on the main page.

3. Click on Wireless Properties.4. Click on Security Tab.5. If applicable, change the Encryption type to TKIP and test.

Then check the Speed again.

Let me know your findings
Cheers!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/lenovo-U510-low-download-speed-fast-upload-speed/td-p/1846555
Relevancy 35.69%

Help gt My browser connection speed dropped to about kb second after a power outage I just did a full format of the drive and a clean install of XP Pro No Antivirus or Firewall loaded yet XP Firewall is not enabled HiJackThis looks ok Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP v WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system telnet exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag just fine speed Browser Telnet speed connection SLOW exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - Browser connection speed SLOW Telnet speed just fine - e e Browser connection speed SLOW Telnet speed just fine dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d Browser connection speed SLOW Telnet speed just fine -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe -- End of file - bytes Have any idea why my Telnet connection is fine yet my Browsers don t hook up at the same speed emetib nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/browser-connection-speed-slow-telnet-speed-just-fine.686662/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi guys I hope you can help on this issue I ve been having with my internet connection I don t know what to do I resently formatted my harddrive because my internet all of a sudden started being very slow but after the format it s still the same issue Now I ve is Solved: fine... download Slow speed, speed upload tried plugging the connection line into my laptop and there there s no problem I am gettin a slower download than upload I have a mb download upload speed LAN connection I ran a speed test on the same connection and on my stationary it shows like kbs download and like kbs upload while on my laptop it shows like Mbs download and kbs upload so what s the problem So far I ve found out that it has nothing to do with the internet connection line or my NIC I tried a brand new one and it was the same issue it s not spyware or malware it s not fragmented and under internet connections it says that I m connected on a Mb network card and there are no problems with any of the devices However I can see that Solved: Slow download speed, upload speed is fine... if I open the job list the download connection is very unstable going from up to kb for a breif moment then falls to a halt at kb and moreover it says that I m not using any percent of the network I m on windows and haven t had any problems before this the rest of Solved: Slow download speed, upload speed is fine... the system works just fine but not the internet If I try and download something it won t get higher than like kb and then may stop altogether additional info Windows bit Asus M A AMD DDR Phenom II AMD Athlon AMD Phenom II x black Ghz W Mushkin DDR PC - GB CL kit SP Seagate Barracuda GB MB nbsp

Relevancy 35.69%

Last week I have purchased a WD TB Green Drive as well as fast speed slow but write Green 2TB WD read has My speed a non-raid capable raid card Rosewill RC- since my older PC WinXP Celeron D GB RAM does not have SATA ports I have installed fresh drivers form Rosewills website even though they are not needed for non-raid configurations The PC recognized the card right away as well as the My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed HDD The write speeds are as expected however the read speeds are between KB and KB I cannot figure out why the read speeds do not exceed MB I have plugged the HDD as an external drive via USB and the read My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed write speeds are as expected Anyone knows why and how to fix it Update I have tried TB WD green drive -year old and it works as expected Update I have just spoken with Rosewill tech and he said that using PCI card and such a large drive it is expected to be slow Personally I believe it is B S You P S for moderators I have similar thread under storage and networking but it no longer applies as such issue Please delete it nbsp

A:My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed

The Rosewill card's transfer rate is "up to 1.5GB/s." The WD hard drive's is 3.0Gb/s. Perhaps if you set the jumper on the 5-6 pins to activate the 1.5GB/s rate per this instruction: Western Digital.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-2tb-wd-green-has-fast-write-speed-but-slow-read-speed.152655/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi; I have a Dynalink router and on plan which I get really nice speeds for me (downloads a few megabytes a second), using Windows XP via ethernet.
However as soon as a laptop is also plugged in also via ethernet and streams videos, the internet on my Windows XP computer is so slow, web pages can barely open.
Is there anyone to somehow make both of them at least able to both use the internet? What's the problem? Thanks in advance for any help

A:Internet Speed; Fast but as soon as shared, drops down to unusable speed

However as soon as a laptop is also plugged in also via ethernet and streams videos,Click to expand...

sounds like the laptop is hogging all the bandwidth

what speed do you actually have - via www.speedtest.net ?

what happens if the laptop is connected and not streaming videos - it may also have a number of downloads - updates running in the background

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-fast-but-as-soon-as-shared-drops-down-to-unusable-speed.1071015/
Relevancy 35.69%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system = (for torrent); downloads) (0/0 non-existent hjacklog speed moderate dsl/other speed winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe hjacklog = speed non-existent (0/0 torrent); moderate speed (for dsl/other downloads) C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor SDTrayApp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Pro DTProAgent exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system drivers spoclsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor svcntaux exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor swdsvc exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files BitTorrent bittorrent exe C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgwb dat C Documents and Settings User My Documents Installers Fixers HiJackThis v exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title www M Power com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAShCut exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAX quot C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe quot tray O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run WinampAgent C Program Files Winamp winampa exe O - HKLM Run SDTray quot C Program Files Spyware Doctor SDTrayApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run DAEMON Tools Pro Agent quot C Program Files DAEMON Tools Pro DTProAgent exe quot O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - HKCU Run svcshare C WINDOWS system drivers spoclsv exe O - ... Read more

A:hjacklog = speed non-existent (0/0 torrent); moderate speed (for dsl/other downloads)

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hjacklog-speed-non-existent-0-0-torrent-moderate-speed-for-dsl-other-downloads.662176/
Relevancy 35.69%

I use Windows Vista SP2.I use the latest Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security(updated) and Malwarebytes (updated) and latest version of K9 web protection.I use IE9,Firefox 3.6.16 and Chrome 11.0 beta.I have a download speed of max 190-210 kBps and upload speed of 31-40 kBps.It has been working normally with fast surfing and downloading.Yesterday I saw a weird thing,I usually download through torrents.I saw my downloads are happening,but no sites are opening.Even Google was once or twice opening very slowly.So please tell me what is happening?

A:Extremely slow browsing speed but fast download speed????

Please click HERE to download and install HijackThis.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile from the Main Menu.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next reply.

IMPORTANT: Do not fix anything

If Windows is denying access to the Hosts file, disable the UAC and run HijackThis again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extremely-slow-browsing-speed-but-fast-download-speed.989278/
Relevancy 35.69%

Through the windows experience im at 7.8's / 7.4's... with my hdd at 5.9. looking at getting a ssd to level everything up.... but what i dont know is... how does the read/write speeds translate into processing.

what read speed is equal to the rest of my rig? I just dont know how it translates iops/1GB's read/write to GHz proccessing.
The giving data speed to proccessing speed

Phenom x6 @ 2.8
6GB RAM @ 1600
HD 6870 GPU.

Edit:
good video showing new revodrives coming.
YouTube - &#x202a;COMPUTEX 2011 - OCZ Technology Shows Off New Power Supplies and RevoDrives&#x202c;&rlm;

A:Computer Bottleneck- HDD - SSD. giving data speed to proccessing speed

Here is an As SSD for my WD1002FAEX 1TB sata 6GB/s mechanical hard drive

Here is the same test on my Intel 80GB X25 M

For an OS drive the advertised speeds really mean nothing to the average user unless you are going to be transferring large files all day. The most important thing is access time- how long it takes from the time you push the button until the application actually opens. No spinning circles with a good SSD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/167876-computer-bottleneck-hdd-ssd-giving-data-speed-proccessing-speed.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi I have this very annoying problem [SOLVED] speed Upload slow High Very Very Download speed, and I'm really out of hopes I don't know what to do anymore I'll make a summary of [SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed the problem and will be as concise as possible So I have this Dell Inspiron N laptop with a broadband connection direct cable no router and weeks ago I reinstalled my Windows Everything went well until weeks ago when the internet speed went down dial-up like Pages won't load and if they do they load just partially I called my ISP and they said they had no problem I couldn't find any solution so I thought maybe some sort of virus or spyware is doing this so I formated the whole hard-disk and did a clean install of Windows Unfortunatelly nothing changed the download speed is the same Here is a speedtest net evaluation http www speedtest net result png Drivers are up to date no windows firewall no antivirus and no windows update The ISP support guy told me to deactivate IPv and IPv from Local Area Connection but nothing changed I did a TCP IP reset which raised my down speed to almost Mb but after a few minutes it went back to quot dial-up quot With the down speed being the same Speedtest sometimes shows me upload speed in between - Mb which is unbelievable I will make a ss next time I see this And the very weird thing is that I have another netbook pretty weak config Intel Atom CPU GB RAM and with the same cable it has normal speed the kind of speed I had on this Dell too Another weird thing is that the wireless connections work just fine and I've been to a friend of mine and used his broadband cable and it worked like a charm I would be very gratefull if someone could help me because I am really out of ideas and I used to consider myself an at least intermediate PC user Nou I'm feeling like a newbie Thank you Regards Alex

A:[SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

Lets first try this:

Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
Now click on Network and Internet and in this window click Internet options.
Now click on the connections tab and select the button to never dial a connection.
Now click Apply and click OK.

Try if this works

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-very-slow-download-speed-very-high-upload-speed-673369.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi all,
I want to connect my VCR to the computer to transfer old home movies to DVD.
The Analog to DV device requires a 1 GHz processor. Mine is 498 MHz.

Regarding the speed, will the device work only slowly or not at all?

Thanks!

A:Solved: Video capture device speed vs. processor speed

It is not a matter of slow or not at all. It is most likely a matter of dropped frames. If you have a cheaper video capture card [one without hardware decoding] it will probably work however you will not like the result.

Video editing / encoding is cpu intensive. I would hate to think how long it would take to encode the video file after you capture it [with that cpu]

To give you some idea, it takes me about 15 min to encode approx 1hr of video with an intel dual core cpu. With yours it will be hours.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-video-capture-device-speed-vs-processor-speed.603223/