Windows Support Forum

windows 7 client and 2003 server: network Slow in very big Network !!

Q: windows 7 client and 2003 server: network Slow in very big Network !!

hello engineers,
how r yo all? Guys i need your help.
My problem is windows 7 hangs and freeze when access 2003 server Enterprise edition . This is not a small network, one of the biggest network.
i have doubt on individual users on domain.before 2 months we had department wise users mean, for example [email protected] But after we created the individual users like [email protected] to all users.
this is i believe the cause of problem. When we acess the server via the software it freezed for 5 seconds and then repeat to normal state. And after some time it hangs for 2 minutes.
we r a big company ,producing daily basis.hmmmm Openly very large media and press company. please any one know the exact problem? Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: windows 7 client and 2003 server: network Slow in very big Network !!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: windows 7 client and 2003 server: network Slow in very big Network !!

Hi Mohamed and Welcome to SF,

Pls. check your Server's Event Viewers error logs, especially DNS errors.

What type of Security or AV Software do you have installed in your Server?

Will it be possible for you to post an ipconfig /all output of one Win7 machine and the Server?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/185072-windows-7-client-2003-server-network-slow-very-big-network.html
Relevancy 88.35%

i have the server with windows SP and i executed replication active directory domain controller on the new server as i have two servers all with computer in the client server 2003 problem network client/server windows expect one client computer work ok onthe problematically computer is with the windows me problem is when i shut down old server the computer with win me drop out from domain and he don t see new server when i power on old server the client computer work ok i deinstalled the win me on this computer and i installed to him win xp pro but problem is same this computer don t see new server and he don t see others client computers in network problem with client computer in the client/server network windows server 2003 what i do i tryed to make new user account but nothing i can t because of this computer don t see new server on client computer light green indicator on network adapter Realtek d all the time i use commands ping with the ip address of server with the name of server nothing ipconfig release ipconfig renew ipconfig flushdns ipconfig registerdns ip address of old server is and new server maybe problem is when i type ipconfig in dosprompt on new server i receive DNS server and DHCP plz help me thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-client-computer-in-the-client-server-network-windows-server-2003.617978/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hello
I've a problem with a MacBook Pro with Mac OS X 10.5.1 connected to a Windows Domain. When I use the Airport connection after 10 min the client loose the connection to the server, and the way to recoonect is deisable and enable the airport.
If i use the wire network there is no problems.

Anybody have is problem ?

Thank's in advance for your help
Bye Enzo

A:Wirless Network & Windows Server 2003

Hi enzo62 - welcome to TSG.

Do you happen to have any other wireless devices in close proximity? I had a similar problem when I was installing another wireless device in my home, and it was because they were both 2.4GHz.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wirless-network-windows-server-2003.682346/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hello I have some problems reaching local network where VPN Windows server stands I have a network which has a VPN server LAN ip I created a VPN server on that server with different subnet for VPN users After VPN connection is initiated i am able to acces only but not other PC which belongs to that network and Windows Local server VPN 2003 network all i need to access and I think i need to add somethink to static route table or not VPN server IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric Default Gateway Persistent Routes None Ipconfig all PPP adapter RAS Server Dial In Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description WAN PPP VPN Windows 2003 server and Local network SLIP Interface Physical Address - - - - - DHCP Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO MT Network Connection Physical Address - E- C- D-C - DHCP Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers Primary VPN Windows 2003 server and Local network WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled VPN Client PPP adapter VPN Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VPN Connection Physical Address DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric On-link EXTERNAL IP On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link Persistent Routes None Click to expand nbsp

A:VPN Windows 2003 server and Local network

You need to either add a static route to each of the host devices you are trying to reach to point to your VPN server as the gateway to your VPN client or you need to add the static route to the router acting as the default gateway to the 10.0.0.x network to point to the VPN server as the gateway for the VPN client.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vpn-windows-2003-server-and-local-network.980054/
Relevancy 86.86%

In windows server which network interface do you set the tcp ip manually For The Dhcp I m Trying To Setup A Private Network And Connect it to the Internet The Scheme tcp/ip For set windows server you which do network In Th interface manually, the 2003 Is This Isp In windows server 2003 which network interface do you set the tcp/ip manually, For Th To Router Router To First Network Interface Which Is Server Internet Connection Second Interface Which Is Server Private Network Out To Second Router All Static IP s Must Fall In The - The After DHCP IS Set Up I Need Help With The DNS And Active Directory As Well As RRAS Thank You For Any Help In Advance hours ago - week left to answer Additional Details minutes ago Which Interface Do I setup Manually The One Which Is connected To The Router In turn Which Is Connected To My ISP OR The One Connected To My Private Network Please Contact Me Live On Messenger Shawndell h minutes ago Private Network Is Set To For IP Subnet Mask Gate At And DNS As It is Set To Obtain Automatically Which Has No DHCP AS It Will Have To Set To Be The DHCP Question Is How To I Set This Interface To Be The DHCP Please Someone Help I Will Be Gone All Day Tommorow And Gone Saturday Until After pm minutes ago Please More Detailed I m A Newbie When I Comes To Setting Up A Server I Need I Walk Through nbsp

A:In windows server 2003 which network interface do you set the tcp/ip manually, For Th

Double post
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/688353-windows-server-2003-network-interface.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/in-windows-server-2003-which-network-interface-do-you-set-the-tcp-ip-manually-for-th.688352/
Relevancy 86.86%

In windows server which network interface do you set the tcp ip manually For The Dhcp I m Trying To Setup A Private Network And Connect it to the Internet The Scheme Is This Isp To Router Router To First Network Interface Which Is Server Internet Connection Second Interface Which Is Server Private Network Out To Second Router All Static IP s Must Fall In The - The After DHCP IS Set Up I Need Help With The DNS And manually, network do server which interface the For set 2003 tcp/ip In Th windows you Active Directory As Well As RRAS Thank You For Any Help In Advance hours ago - week left to answer Additional Details minutes ago Which Interface Do I setup Manually The One Which Is connected To The Router In turn Which Is Connected To My ISP OR The One Connected To My Private Network Please Contact Me In windows server 2003 which network interface do you set the tcp/ip manually, For Th Live On Messenger Shawndell h minutes ago Private Network Is Set To For IP Subnet Mask Gate At And DNS As It is Set To Obtain Automatically Which Has No DHCP AS It Will Have To Set To Be The DHCP Question Is How To I Set This Interface To Be The DHCP Please Someone Help I Will Be Gone All Day Tommorow And Gone Saturday Until After pm minutes ago Please More Detailed I m A Newbie When I Comes To Setting Up A Server I Need I Walk Through nbsp

A:In windows server 2003 which network interface do you set the tcp/ip manually, For Th

Sounds like you got two many routers in the mix. Lets keep it simple! I always set Static IP's on all my servers even if they have two interfaces.

I would just have my Modem, 1 Router/switch and all my pc's and server connected to the router. I assume you have ethernet ports on the router as well which act as a switch. Set a static IP on your Server. Disable the DHCP functionality of your router. Enable DNS and DHCP on your Server.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/in-windows-server-2003-which-network-interface-do-you-set-the-tcp-ip-manually-for-th.688353/
Relevancy 86.86%

I'm looking to learn more about being a network admin (as well as 30 other IT jobs at my current employer) and was hoping someone on here could point me in the right direction for Windows Server Edition 2003. I don't need to get the certificate, but a general understanding of the functions and such would be of great help. That is to say how to run a DHCP, DNS, Relays, the works.
With that I am looking to work on learning more about the most up to date Windows certification in regards to network administration (for a project in my free time.) I figure since I'm looking into CIS and Business for college I might as well get working on network adminship certification, start off on a good note, right?
Thanks for any help in advance. Such help includes the aforementioned requests or any number of quips and witty or sarcastic comments.
Thanks,

Stensland

A:Looking for a guide on network adminship for Windows Server 2003

Found some stuff from Microsoft by the name of "DreamSpark" which has a bunch of free programs for college students. It's a good few thousand dollars worth of stuff, just sign up with them through your college email. There are tutorials and all that as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-a-guide-on-network-adminship-for-windows-server-2003.154213/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi Guys,
I'm trying to set up network using windows 2003 server.I don't have enough knowledge of networking except that I have a few computers at home that are on a network.So I'm trying to do the same thing for a friend's little business.The problem is that he bought a server with Windows 2003 server that I have never used before.I have been able to put all the computers on the network.I can access the server from any computer by logging in as Administrator. I believe that I need to make users on the server so that users can connect to the Server using their own password but I don't know how to do that .

Can someone please tell how to do that.Or give me a link for a basic tutorial for windows 2003 server that explains how to create user accounts on the network.

Thanks very much!!

Relevancy 86.86%

A friend is moving his business and the new business park that he's setting up shop in internet. network LAN server/client server only, for for USB hotspot does not have anyway to get any wired internet to his building excluding a T line which he can't justify the cost of One windows machine acts as the server primarily for Quickbooks database and there are two other windows machines that are clients reading off said database He's getting one of those usb dongles for wireless internet service for the server only the other two computers will be tethered to a smartphone for internet for QB and windows updates periodically They do NOT want to share the servers wireless connection to the other machines My only concern was if the server LAN network for server/client only, USB hotspot for server internet. will continue to try to check the LAN for internet connectivity or will it check both network connections when one fails or is there a setting I can tell them to change to ensure it knows to go to the wireless dongle for internet all the time without interfering with the workstations talking to the server over the LAN to get to the database The setup at the old office LAN network for server/client only, USB hotspot for server internet. was business class DSL they are using a relatively new Linksys router which had the DSL authentication information Thank you

A:LAN network for server/client only, USB hotspot for server internet.

I managed to find a solution this morning, for anyone that's interested, the whole article is here: Multiple Network Connections at the Same Time on Windows | Ivan Zlatev

But the short answer is, under the advanced properties of TCP/IP v4, uncheck automatic metric, set your internet to a value of 1, and the LAN to a value of 9999.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/263541-lan-network-server-client-only-usb-hotspot-server-internet.html
Relevancy 86%

I have a Windows Server box that I m using as a glorified NAS file server and right now it s also Windows machine looses connectivity Server network 2003 a DC and DNS server because the main DC went down Windows Server 2003 machine looses network connectivity This box generally works well a bit slow on transfers for my liking but it s an old machine though it s considerably slower than Linux However occasionally it will just disappear off the network The fastest way for me to get it back online is just to reboot it It seems to lose Windows Server 2003 machine looses network connectivity connectivity entirely I can t ping anything from it nor can I ping it However ipconfig all shows that it still thinks it Windows Server 2003 machine looses network connectivity s connected This has happened several times now generally somewhere about a few weeks apart Nothing at all in the logs that s interesting Here s what I ve tried Restart the switch that the server s on - Didn t make a difference Repair the network adapter - Didn t do anything at all Reboot the machine - It comes back up ok for a while It always seems to happen when I m transferring a large file What I m going to try next Add another NIC to the machine System Details Windows Server R File Server Print Server DC DNS Server Old Gateway Box of some sort Performance US Robotics Gigabit PCI NIC MB RAM TB HDs RAID I ll be back with an ipconfig all Obviously I can t keep the machine down for debugging I m going to reboot it so it comes back online nbsp

Relevancy 86%

Hey everybody

I need to be able to pull a log of what sites the users in the network here at the office have been visiting. I've checked around the server, and can't find where they are.

Is there a specific area that they are stored?

Relevancy 86%

I am running a Windows XP workstation (SP2). I am mapped to network drives, some on my local domain, and others on another domain on which my domain account is connected. I am able to map to all drives and read, write, change, etc to all files in all of these drives. I can run a window explorer search on all the drives mapped on my local domain. When I run a search, even for any file, on the mapped drives on the other domain, windows explorer very quickly comes back stating:
"Search is complete. There are no results to display".

Has anyone encountered such an issue before? I have never seen this type of behavior. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-search-on-mapped-network-drive-on-windows-2003-server.729521/
Relevancy 85.14%

I have yet to get an answer to the issue that I am dealing with so hopefully someone here 2003 routers drives, Mapped server windows and Netopia network can send it to me I administer a large downtown skyscraper that was networked in a really stupid way Mapped network drives, windows 2003 server and Netopia routers There are customers with Internet access via a Netopia router to a Cisco Some of these customers connect to a Windows server for file server services To get to this file server their connection will go through this Netopia to the File server s public interface which works just fine Quick drawing Customers LAN DHCP from Netopia --- gt Netopia --- gt File server or Cisco --- gt Internet Customers map the drive via fileservername share Now the issue is when two or more workstations behind the same Netopia map a drive to the file server Once two or more are mapped the first connection that was initiated is killed In other words you cannot have concurrent connections to the file server from behind the same Netopia router This server used to be a server but I am not blaming the server in this situation For testing I connected one customer directly to the file servers second NIC Customers switch ---- gt Second NIC on file server Once I did this the customer would map the drive like private IP share This customer does not have the issue and can connect multiple workstations concurrently to the file server with no drops at all So to conclude customers mapping from behind the same Netopia cannot keep concurrent connections Customer that is directly connected to server and has bypassed the Netopia no issue Just for the sake of trying I removed the built in netbios filter on the netopias which made no diffence I hope I discribed this issue enough but if you have questions just ask nbsp

A:Mapped network drives, windows 2003 server and Netopia routers

I was wondering if you know how to direct an ip 80 and 21 port to open on a Netopia

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mapped-network-drives-windows-2003-server-and-netopia-routers.308726/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi All,

Its critical for me to get some solution to this problem that has all of a sudden popped up.

We have a windows server 2003 machine running some server applications. After some time it stops connecting to any other machine on network. Web browser does not open page hosted over intranet, ODBC links to DBs on other machine stop connecting, remote desktop windows to other computers on network do not open, etc. However, it keeps pinging other machines.

Although, from some other machine, I can open remote desktop window to this server. I suspect the server reaches a point where it cannot open any more connections (maximum sockets opened?). After giving a restart, the server works fine (for a while!)

Can anybody help me with this? Server is hosting an application at client-site which is in production. Can't afford any downtime. Any help/suggestion will be highly praised.

Regards
Adnan

A:Windows server 2003 stopping to establish connection to any other machine on network

have you checked DNS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003-stopping-to-establish-connection-to-any-other-machine-on-network.773236/
Relevancy 84.28%

I have a Dell PowerEdge 2800 (Dell tag: 8l0ct71 )(Just reinstalled windows Server 2003)

I have tried the two (non lan) network driver setups that dell has on its site and I get "the update package is not compatible with your system configuration".

I am trying to access the internet on my box, anybody have any idea on how to accomplish this or fix the problem I'm getting while loading driver setup?

Thanks

A:Network Driver Problems on my box, windows server 2003 I have a Dell PowerEdge 2800

can you post a link to the driver you downloaded?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-driver-problems-on-my-box-windows-server-2003-i-have-a-dell-poweredge-2800.852012/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello everyone Heres my problem Dual connectivity leads with to 2003 Windows Vista and boot Server no network I am a student helping manage a student lab at my current college Right now my teacher wants me to install a Master Virtual Machine IE Dual boot with Windows Server 2003 and Vista leads to no network connectivity Virtual Box that contains a daul boot of Windows Server and Windows Vista for an IT class It works beautifully when I boot into both operating systems I have a problem now when I boot into Windows Server I get network connectivity and can go to google However when I boot to Vista on the Virtual machine it will not get any network connectivity and says that I need a wireless connection Dual boot with Windows Server 2003 and Vista leads to no network connectivity when my network connection is cable only I have tried to switching to a Bridged Connection on VirtualBox because I thought that was the problem but it was not So I switched the VirtualBox Network type back to NAT That still did not work Now I am stumped What is the problem Can anyone help me with this situation My Dual boot with Windows Server 2003 and Vista leads to no network connectivity host machine has connectivity and all the hardware is properly configured Keep in mind I am running a Dual boot of Windows Server and Windows Vista on a Virtual Machine

A:Dual boot with Windows Server 2003 and Vista leads to no network connectivity

What does Vista Device Manager say - any red/ yellow flags?
Does it show Ethernet connection?
Vista SP2 drivers installed?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dual-boot-with-windows-server-2003-and-vista-leads-to-no-network-connectivity-555726.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I hope I am in the right area here as I believe this is a Norton problem At random times I get the following message while running M internet explorer quot Common client network proxy server has encountered a problem and needs to close quot it then apologizes for the inconvenience I did have this problem Network Proxy Common Server Client a few months ago and I was directed to uncheck the box that states quot Use a proxy server Common Client Network Proxy Server for this connection quot Tools - Internet options - connections - settings I did this and the problem stopped but now it is back and the box is still unchecked I cannot find anything Common Client Network Proxy Server else that seems to sort the problem When looking at the information that is sent to Microsoft I have the following information Error Signature SZ APPNAME CCPROXY EXE SZ APPVER SZ MODNAME PFMISC DLL SZMODVER OFFSET b Files included in the report back to M C Docume user locals temp wer dir ccproxy exe mdmp C Docume user locals temp wer dir appcompat txt These files I believe are associated with Norton If anyone could give me some advice I would be grateful as it is driving me potty because you have to close down after it occurs Thanks

A:Common Client Network Proxy Server

This does look like its a problem with norton. Are you using norton antivirus? Is it fully updated via live update?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/17458/common-client-network-proxy-server/
Relevancy 82.99%

I have just replaced an old XP box with our first Windows 8.1 Pro client. Joined the domain (Server 2008 R2, using active directory), seamed quite normal. When I rebooted, I received the normal windows logon screen, user name & password, entered those and logged in. The problem being, all resources on the network required me to enter network credentials. For example, try and double click on file server get following 'Windows Security' window:
Enter network credentials. Enter your credentials to connect to: SERVER.
The system cannot contact a domain controller to service the authentication request. Please try again later

I have: unjoined and rejoined client to domain; Checked active directory and the computer is correctly registered. Nothing is helping. Please help.
Mark

A:Network Credentials issue, win 8.1 client & Server 2008 AD

According to Paul Thurrott you need to add the credentials by going into the Windows vault per method #2 in the link below. If you don't add the credentials to the vault then Windows won't remember them despite checking the box to remember credentials.

He is using Windows server 08 and Homegroups with Windows 8 and he shows both methods to access network shares on the server.

http://winsupersite.com/article/wind...-access-142716

No comment about the link I posed here>???

By the way I know this is solved, hoping you can come back to confirm this.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/39957-network-credentials-issue-win-8-1-client-server-2008-ad.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi

I need to setup home network.at the moment i have one desktop at home.my requirement is that if i buy another system with minimum requirement and set it as client and my machine as server to surf the internet and use other applications, then from where should i start.
what is minimum hardware required?i have linux and xp both installed on my machine.
hope i defined the problem clearly. i am willing to provide more information.

please help. thanx

A:Home Network Setup for internet surfing and client/server

You need a router, not a server.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/home-network-setup-for-internet-surfing-and-client-server.539244/
Relevancy 80.41%

Okay let me give you all the facts up until about 2003 Windows - deleted. Server not Client being Records DNS months we ran hardcoded PC s across the board We then got more and more laptops and are finding it easier to now run DHCP One issue I have is we are running DHCP off a Cicso router and not off the Windows server Also remember we have a bunch of subnets as each location is on its own vlan while this does not matter the same problem is happening Windows 2003 DNS Server - Client Records not being deleted. with the local LAN with the hosting servers I just now went into DNS and noticed that our records are not being updated within DNS We had some records that are in our forward lookup zones that were months old that have no computername any longer even on the network In the reverse lookup zones there is more of the same where we Windows 2003 DNS Server - Client Records not being deleted. have multiple records with the same IP This is happening in both forward and reverse lookup zones and is on different DNS servers Now scavenging was set for the forward lokup zones for days abut the reverse lookup zone was NOT enabled We went ahead and enabled it and then I did a forced Scavenge Stale resource records on both servers at the same time This did part of what I wanted but did not fix the entire problem In the forward lookup zones the A records that were stale are now gone at least the main ones that caused me to notice the problem to begin with In the reverse lookup zones there are still a TON of duplicates - PTR records for different PC s on the same IP and PTR records for PC on different IP s Now to sum it up and how to fix this - Why isn t the forward lookup zone scavenging anything more than days out to begin with Why won t the reverse lookup zones scavenge even with days scavenging Note some of these records date back over a year and I know they are stale but they are not being scavenged Is there any wayt to get a Cicso router that is handling DHCP to also update the Windows DNS or is this asking the impossible nbsp

A:Windows 2003 DNS Server - Client Records not being deleted.

Hello Stumped!

I am having the same problem in my environment with my reverse lookup zones. I have duplicate PTR records and scavenging does not seem to be working for the reverse lookup zones. I am at the point now where I am considering deleting my reverse lookup zone and recreating. I just have to answer a few questions about how I am going to recreate the reverse lookup entries that were created from manual forward entries. I would hate to have to do that part manually.

At any rate, I believe I can at least speak to your question regarding a Cisco device being used for dynamic DNS.

You're Windows 2000/XP clients should register their forward lookup name themselves. The DHCP server registers the PTR records on the client’s behalf. The client has the option of requesting to update both records; however, it is only responsible for actually updating the forward lookup zone. The reverse lookup zone in a Microsoft scenario is always updated by the DHCP server.

I have not been able to determine that Cisco routers actually support dynamic DNS. I have seen some documentation for security appliances that make it possible (but I don't think they work with MS DNS)

As far as what I've found from Cisco, they sell a DNS/DHCP solution called Cisco Network Registrar which supports dynamic DNS. My suggestion would be to pick one solution or the other. (I have no experience with CNR and I have no idea what it costs)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...ducts_user_guide_chapter09186a00801ef249.html

If you are using Microsoft DNS servers, I would be inclined to also use Microsoft DHCP servers for IP address assignment. What is the reason that you guys do this in your environment? As a network analyst my main concern with reverse lookup zones is simply that they work properly, so many network scanning/information gathering tools use reverse lookups to resolve host names and it's nice when the correct names are resolved.
Back to the Microsoft Reverse lookup zone stuff.

(I have not tested this, but as a side note you may play with turning off the round robin lookup feature that is enabled by default in Microsoft DNS, this is a feature that allows for load balancing. You can have multiple host records of the same name that point to different IP addresses, the DNS server responds in a round robin fashion to requests. Returning one result for the first query and the next result for the second query and so on. The only thing I don't know is how it will respond if this feature is off, if it uses the newest entry by default then this could be a temporary fix for your problem) I am thinking about playing with this in my environment temporarily until I can fix my reverse lookup zones for good. Take a reverse lookup entry that has duplicates and try this out. Do a nslookup xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and see how it responds each time, it should rotate through the list of duplicate entries.

At any rate, I hope this helps. Have you discovered anything new with the reverse lookup zone issue?

Thanks,

Jon

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2003-dns-server-client-records-not-being-deleted.442571/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi,

We have bound several Macs to the Microsoft AD domain. One of the reasons for doing this was to achieve a single sign-on environment. ie no need to reautenticate when connecting to one of the file servers etc.
The problem we have is that when we attempt to connect to the Win2003 fileserver using AFP we are still being prompted to reauthenticate wheras if we use SMB instead it connects staright away. We have noticed that the SMB connection works straight off as the Kerberos Domain Controller (KDC) issues the OSX user with a kerberos ticket which is viewable in the Kerberos.app on the Mac.
Does anybody have any ideas that may help with this ?
Thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2003-server-no-single-sign-on-for-osx-afp-client.651686/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi
I have to daily copy/move files on a small network that consist in a Windows 2003 R2 server and some Windows 7 workstations.
Mainly are PDF and CDR files (is a DTP business) having sizes merely around 100-200 MB
On all I disabled firewall and antivirus and I try solutions such as:
Disable Remote Differential Copy
DisableTaskOffload
Use RichCopy instead of File Explorer Copy/Paste

The trivial task of copy of some files across the network is still unreliable: sometimes is regular as behaviour, sometimes it takes long minutes for size as I stated above (e.g. RoboCopy reports transfers as slow as 3000 to 30000 bytes/sec)

Any hints are welcome

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5decb7d0-bf70-40e9-a88d-dfc82fe5d8d0/network-copy-between-windows-2003-r2-and-windows-7-extremly-slow-and-unreliable?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi All,

I am working as a system administrator in a gaming company around with 80 systems and 3 Linux systems (RHEL 5.0)..

The 80 systems are Windows Xp and server is Windows 2003 R2...These 80 systems are clients under this 2003 server..

But the three Linux systems are in workgroup..How can i add these three systems to Windows network..

As per my knowledge it is possible with WINBIND..

But tell me what are changes needed in Linux and as well as windows server 2003...

Please help me..

Thanks in Advance..

A:How can i Join RHEL 5.0 system to Windows server 2003 as a client

Please do not create multiple threads for the same problem.
Continue here: http://forums.techguy.org/unix-linux/786943-how-can-i-join-rhel.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-join-rhel-5-0-system-to-windows-server-2003-as-a-client.786944/
Relevancy 79.55%

I am running a Windows server with NICS in my office The internal LAN in the office is on xxx subnet mask The Second NIC installed for VPN has IP address I have configure RAS to work on the Second NIC It uses DHCP to give out IP addresses 2003 Problem-Windows VPN Routing Server/Vista Client to VPN clients in the xxx range My home network and Vista client machine are on xxx I can connect and register my Vista client machine on the network but I cannot ping any of the computers including the server in the office network I believe I have to set up some sort of a static route or a classless route or something like that so that the VPN client machine xxx can hop over to the office network xxx Can anyone VPN Routing Problem-Windows 2003 Server/Vista Client help By the way I know that the router is passing the traffic correctly because if I set up RAS to distribute an address to the VPN client in the xxx range using the existing NIC not the second NIC in the server everything works fine nbsp

A:VPN Routing Problem-Windows 2003 Server/Vista Client

Bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vpn-routing-problem-windows-2003-server-vista-client.552556/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello All,

I am trying to install printers on window 7 by use of a network. All printer are share by server 2003. I am install an hp 8150 and an xerox workcentra 4150. Both units have a static ip address which in the current xp enviroment these printer print fine.

For the hp 8150 i went to hp website and downloading the newest window 7 driver. When window does it search it can't find the correct drivers and ask me to manually input driver. I use these driver and window tell me window could not local suitable printer driver.

I install these same driver local creating the port and inputing ip. this methord works fine.

I have the same problem using an xerox workcentra 4150.

Any one have any advice on this issue.

thanks
jluca

A:Network Printing by server 2003

Same issue here. We're getting ready to deploy some windows 7 clients on a 2003 domain. So far, network printing has been a pain.

Anyone have any better answers than the work arounds?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/41377-network-printing-server-2003-a.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi All,
After patching the updates of an existing Windows 8.1pro Client, I'm unable to connect to shared folder of Windows 2003 Server...But, you can connect by typing the IP of the Server....Eg: \\192.168.1.2 but not by the Server name...eg: \\Tac-Server...
Please note that the Windows update went smoothly without any error and now it's showing no more windows update but directly upgrade to Windows 10.
Can you please help me to sort out this issue.
Thanks
Prabhath

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c8ae6364-a177-4ddc-9b93-2d9fa93bdd2d/cannot-connect-to-windows-2003-server-after-updating-the-windows-81pro-client?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi My current setup is with SB a network Router from Server 2003 to Moving Win a Moving from a Router network to Win SB Server 2003 cable Moving from a Router network to Win SB Server 2003 modem meg Comcast going to a wireless router LinkSys WRT GX w SRX The router feeds one wired amp one wireless client and two port network switches The switches feed four more wired clients and a VoIP adapter I want to setup a server running Windows Small Business Server and then move everyone over to that My first question is about hardware Can I have SBS use my existing router for the DHCP server If not will I need a server network adapter w dual ports I guess in my new server for it to take over the DHCP duties If the nd question is no also what is the hardware configuration that I will need FYI the last real experience I had with running a network was in using Netware X on the server side and mostly Win amp WinNT clients Since then it s mainly been home networking stuff wired amp wireless and this is my first experience with Windows Server Thank you for your help alan nbsp

A:Moving from a Router network to Win SB Server 2003

Unless you also have a software firewall running such as ISA, I owuld suggest using one NIC card on the server and let the router handle DHCP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-from-a-router-network-to-win-sb-server-2003.585312/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi All wonder if you can help I have a server with windows on x desktop x laptop x port router The server has been configured as a domain controller a DNS server and a DHCP server The DHCP scope is to Exceptions are to The router is on The Static IP addy of the server and the DNS addy is the server is ported into lan Home A Network Domain Server 2003 port on A Home Domain Server 2003 Network the router desktop on and laptop on The laptop receives its TCP IP settings from DHCP server above as does the desktop Problem - laptop receives it DHCP settings and is given brill -- thats what I expect because to are exclusions Desktop receives - why does it not receive - next ip addy in scope I can ping my server by name Server and by domain - contoso com from both A Home Domain Server 2003 Network laptop and desktop I can also ping gateway and ping out to the net Problem I cannot get either the desktop or the laptop to join a domain I get a Network not found error message The DNS addy is the server addy which it should be If I do nslookup I get server not found If I do nslookup server it finds it as it does if I do contoso local DCDIAG also reports no errors - so why can I not get the computers to join the domain I am using an administrator account to join them that has the rights to Do I need to configure the server to have Router amp RRAS Role aswell Absolutely stumped on this one - any help very much appreciated regards Brett nbsp

A:A Home Domain Server 2003 Network

Trippppple check the Subnet Mask on the server. Well all devices. I have fat fingered and at a glance thought all was well when not.

Same could be true of default gateway IP settings.

Not to be belittling, just voice of bad experience.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-home-domain-server-2003-network.602125/
Relevancy 78.26%

I'm trying to map a Server 2003 network drive in Windows 8.1

For some reason, in the 'Map Network Drive' window, the server doesn't show under 'Network' when I click the 'browse' button. Additionally the server doesn't show under 'Network' in file manager but I can ping it just fine.

Is there perhaps some kind of incompatibility between Win 8.1 and Server 2003 that could be causing this and is there some kind of workaround?

A:Can't map network drives on Server 2003 machine in Win 8.1

Originally Posted by gpcola

I'm trying to map a Server 2003 network drive in Windows 8.1

For some reason, in the 'Map Network Drive' window, the server doesn't show under 'Network' when I click the 'browse' button. Additionally the server doesn't show under 'Network' in file manager but I can ping it just fine.

Is there perhaps some kind of incompatibility between Win 8.1 and Server 2003 that could be causing this and is there some kind of workaround?

To access Server 03 it's required that you make the adjustments outlined in the following link.
http://www.eightforums.com/network-s...tml#post177162

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/38036-cant-map-network-drives-server-2003-machine-win-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Strange problem, involving a DOS (command) prompt: We run a legacy clipper database on our 2003 web server, with no problems. I just added a new user, setting her up as an administor (using the wizard). If I log on as that user and open a command prompt, I can see the directory and file I want on the server... "dir xxx.dbf" shows the correct file. But, I cannot open that file! The clipper database can't open it, and I can't open it using dbase and a "use" command. If I log back on the same computer as another user, it all works just fine.

Any ideas as to why I can see a file, but can't open it??!!

A:DOS file access on 2003 Server network?

Sounds like the new user doesn't have access rights to the file. Perhaps she only has read access?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dos-file-access-on-2003-server-network.534247/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi,

We have a server 2003 office domain. It connects to the internet via a sonicwall router then out to Charter on a static IP. The gateway is a static IP. When our server with Ad that controls all users is up, we have internet, and when it is down we don't. But, the gateway is set in all workstations, so we are trying to figure out why a workstation can't get out to the internet even when our server is down?

Thanks!

Relevancy 77.4%

Hi,

I have 2 operating systems Window XP 2003 Server Enterprise Edition and Window XP Pro Edition installed on Virtualbox machine.

The IP on XP 2003 server is 192.168.8.30.
i set up the DNS server and new domain, new user (Test) then i set up the DHCP and defined the IP address range from 10.10.10.10 to 10.10.10.30 on XP 2003 Server

then i login successfully on my window xp pro by selecting the username "Test" and the domain which i have created.

But i got confused when i check the ipconfig on xp pro which give me an ip: 192.168.8.32 as still the same and didnt get an IP from the range between 10.10.10.10 till 10.10.10.30.
My question is that the IP should be between the range mentioned above and not 192.168.8.32.

what can i do to make the XP pro take automatically an IP from the range between 10.10.10.10 and 10.10.10.30.

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 77.4%

Hello I am in the process of adding Small Business Server Standard to an existing Server R Standard domain for the sake of company separation I tried to add SBS as it s own domain tree using dcpromo I m unable to do Adding 2003 Network Existing SBS to 2011 Server this because it s not allowed by SBS I have the following Existing Domain Hardware- Dell PE R with Server R Standard DC Dell PE with Server Standard R DC Cisco SG - P Gigabit POE Managed Switch Cisco ASA Additional Domain Hardware- Dell PE R Small Business Server Standard Adding SBS 2011 to Existing Server 2003 Network Cisco SG - P Gigabit POE Smart Switch Cisco ASA if needed My goal is to have the SBS coexist within our current network but as a separate domain where users of that company can log into it on its own to access files folders internet etc There will only be or users on the new domain Can this be accomplished with separate switches Is that the ideal way to go about it What s the best method regarding DHCP for those or users Some guidance or a point in the right direction would be extremely helpful Thank you in advance Jacob nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-sbs-2011-to-existing-server-2003-network.1085675/
Relevancy 77.4%

I am having trouble with my network at work. I have all the computers set up on a Workgroup and they all "see" each other. The problem I am having is that we have a specific program that runs from a Windows Server 2003 computer on our network and I cannot get our new Windows 8.1 computer to "see" the Server 2003 computer nor can I get the Server computer to see the Win 8.1 computer.

I am sure I am just missing a step or a checkbox somewhere; but I am at a loss as to what it might be.

This is a wired network (ethernet) running on a Workgroup not a Domain. Other computers on this network run Windows XP pro and they can "see" both the Server computer and the Windows 8.1 computer.

A:Win 8.1 computer doesn't see Server 2003 comp on network

http://www.eightforums.com/network-s...2k-server.html

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/49697-win-8-1-computer-doesnt-see-server-2003-comp-network.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I am currently trying to find a way to map network drives with a log on script I have searched the net a bit and haven t had 2003 Log server network for drives mapped Script On in too much luck in finding specifically what i need Here is the scenario I have remote clients that connect through a VPN to our corporate office for AD authentication and other AD services I have setup home directories for each user but i need a public share that all the users of the remote office can see my main problem is that they all dont know how to use computers so i need to make it as painfully obvious as i Log On Script for mapped network drives in 2003 server can mapped drives I am looking for a way to create two mapped network drives one for their individual home folder and one community folder I haven t had a problem creating the home folder that is easy with k but i can t get my log on script to work properly Here are my questions Can i run a log on script and a home folder assignment at the same time Or do i need to setup the script to create the mapped drive for both folders I have found a few places to link a user to a log on script either by browsing the user in Users and Computers under the Profile tab by the Home Folder or with a GPO Which is the preferred best efficient way to do it I can t even get my log on script to map a drive on a test account what am i doing wrong I have included my script code on the bottom of this post Does anyone know of a good site that can help get me through this Or any other relevant information about best-practice in this scenario ---------log on script-------- Option Explicit Dim objNetwork strRemotePath Dim strDriveLetter strDriveLetter quot M quot strRemotePath quot server share quot Set objNetwork CreateObject quot WScript Network quot objNetwork MapNetworkDrive strDriveLetter strRemotePath Wscript Quit ---------log on script-------- I was told to save the file as a vbs so i did Thanks for past present and future help everyone nbsp

Relevancy 77.4%

Hello ladies and gentlemen I am a recent graduate trying to find a job I m comfortable with CCNA related material but unfortunately the jobs I want ask for many years of experience with Server So I want to play with it and learn as much as possible Thank goodness before I graduated I received a free copy of Server by my university through the MSDN alliance agreement with MS I want to learn how to use it but am having doubts on how to go about the topology Laptop running Server Desktop running WinXP Home eww will upgrade to Ubuntu later perhaps dual boot or VMWare don t know yet I want to run DHCP DNS AD amp DC on the laptop I want to Solved: home Server Topology with on network 2003? emulate as much as possible a business networked environment with these two computers I have wireless enabled and an Ethernet port on my laptop I am assuming these have different MAC addresses correct I keep reading that I may need two NICs to run Server I have Internet through cable with a cable modem My question is how should I setup the topology Do I need a wireless router Thank you so much for taking the time to read this I will let you know when I am MCSE Solved: Topology on home network with Server 2003? certified P S I am not asking you to walk me through the Server initial setup I want to learn that on my own if I have questions I will come back and ask but this is something I must Solved: Topology on home network with Server 2003? do on my own Although pointers are more than welcomed Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 77.4%

The few Windows 95 and Windows 98 computers we have left are all getting the same failure to print due to unknown network error type message. My guess is this is related to one of the April 12 Security updates installed last night on the print server which is running Windows 2003 Server. Am I the only one with this problem today?

A:W95 W98 Fail to Print to 2003 Server Network Printers

That was it! 3 of the updates were not compatible with W9.x

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/w95-w98-fail-to-print-to-2003-server-network-printers.352649/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi network but connected 2003 traffic Solved: Server no I have a standard machine with networking issues the nic shows that it is connected and it received the Solved: Server 2003 network connected but no traffic correct DHCP ip from the router but i can t ping the router or any other ip on the network i ran a TCP IP fix Winstock Fix LSP Fix checked the services that starts up checked the startup programs turned the firewall off checked in advanced settings on the nic if the correct order is there the funny thing is that in safe mode with networking it works like a charm but not when i boot in to windows normally If i ping the router it just shows destination host unreachable The machine is virus free spyware free and malware free it has SP installed it is up to date with all patches the only error is can see in the event viewer is Event ID Wins Performance monitor counters could not get the Wins stastistics File name winservnt dll any ideas thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Server 2003 network connected but no traffic

Is there any particular reason why you have your server running as a DHCP client?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-server-2003-network-connected-but-no-traffic.998197/
Relevancy 77.4%

I have 2003 server on a dual nic PC.
there are 2 broadband connections coming into me.
nic 1 (on board broadcom adapter) has Virgin Media broadband coming in via a netgear gigabit wireless router (DSL).
nic 2 is a netgear GA311 REV A1 pci card connected to a bt hub.

dns is running on both routers.

I want my work pc's (home office) running on the virgin side of the network (which they are) and to see the server (which they can).

I want my family pc's to work on the BT side of the network (which they are) but I also want them to see the server.

The problem is, they cannot see the server even though it is connected by the second nic to this network.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

A:dual nic 2003 server network config issue

I need more information. What are your private addresses on both sides? Particularly the BT and Virgin Media side. I assume BT means British Telecom.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-nic-2003-server-network-config-issue.698547/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi all I'm having this strange issue that is bugging me for a while we have laptotps a Toshiba tecra A and an HP Compaq s with vista business and Vista Network between SP1 Business 2003 problems Server sp that have full acess to the network resources they can use remote desktop conections Network problems between Vista Business SP1 and Server 2003 receive the windows updates distributed by the network network shares dhcp dns but cannot be accessed by the network cannot ping them cannot access the administrative shares-c - Network problems between Vista Business SP1 and Server 2003 cannot use SMS to perform remote assistance Our network is distributed over different locations location A - location B - location C - and some other locations What this two laptops have in common is that almost every day they connect to the network in a different location or through a Network problems between Vista Business SP1 and Server 2003 VPN connection Another thing none of the other laptops with vista business that are in the same situation have this issue We have tried everything we know to try and fix it but nothing worked Thank you all

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/network-problems-between-vista-business-sp1-and-server-2003-a-357333.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi I am having an issue Folder issue, Offline 7 Win Client Flie Server. Server 2003 sync with offline files created offline syncing back to the server I have set up a network share to be available offline on a client computer All files are available offline without Offline Folder sync issue, Win 7 Client Server 2003 Flie Server. issue Here is the issue however If I set the folder to work offline any file I create in the folder when it is offline just disappears when the folder comes back online there are no conflicts or sync failures reported in sync center If I create a new folder offline the folder does sync back to the server Any changes made to an existing file are also replicated back to the server once the share is back online So the issue is only with newly created files when the share is offline I have not been able to replicate this error on any other file server in our environment However I have recreated the issue with multiple shares with multiple Win clients on this file server Steps taken so far Checked and reset permission levels on the share Recreated new shares from scratch for testing Disabled and enabled offline files on the client computer and cleared the offline cache Check various registry entry settings Disabled cashing on the File server Tested with XP the issue does not exist with XP I have spent hours researching this error online to no avail The clients are running Windows Enterprise bit The File server is Server Standard bit with SP Any help or ideas would be most welcome

A:Offline Folder sync issue, Win 7 Client Server 2003 Flie Server.

I've seen the complaints about this problem but with no clear resolution. There are some hot fixes listed that may help, updating to Windows 7 SP1 is supposed to help in some cases but nothing seems for certain.

No way for me to recreate this problem but apparently others have the same problem.

Offline created files disappear after re-connect

Browse by Tags - The troubleshooters and problem solvers... - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Administratively assigned offline files on Win7 client disappear from server (Network Steve Forum)

The Group Policy settings in the next link may have an effect on this problem.

http://mcpmag.com/articles/2003/11/0...ine-files.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/278175-offline-folder-sync-issue-win-7-client-server-2003-flie-server.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello,

due to the fact that we are a small business firm and don't have a server OS I'd like to create a network drive folder tree for Lawyers, Secretaries etc. with different access rights and so on.

On our Storage-Workstation I'm able to deny access or free access to folders completely, but if I wanna allow access only for special users, I don't succeed.

I can specify groups and users in Computer management - Local users and groups, but I can't include the computers of our workgroup, I don't see them, only the workstation pc name is given. Can somebody help me?

A:Client-based network for small business with network-drives (without using AD)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/client-based-network-for-small-business-with-network-drives-without-using-ad.792760/
Relevancy 76.54%

Since this is a new feature in Windows 7, there obviously isn't anything like it built into XP. But I'm wondering if there's a way to work a similar configuration to work with our current XP, Server 2003, IBM iSeries network. We've started looking into eliminating VPN clients for remote users and DirectAccess type functionality is exactly what we want. So is there a way to set up a connection that allows full use of the corporate network, in particular the iSeries and Client Access, from a remote location?

Thanks,
Adam

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/directaccess-like-remote-connectivity-on-xp-server-2003-ibm-iseries-network.1043254/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi Guys

Need some advice regards the above

I want to set up a small test server/network to increase my knowledge of
a) planning and building/deploying a network
b) Active directory and applying group policies

Want I want to know if what do I need?

I was thinkning I need 2 desktops,
1 to run server 2003 and AD
1 to act as a Domain Controller (does this need to be server 2003 as well?)

A swith or Hub
3-4 PC's to join to the Network/Domain as Test PC's

The PC's won't accessing be the Internet or be in a live enviroment so I don't need a Firewall

I have all of the above already

Have I missed anything

Rob

A:Solved: Setting up a Small Test Network/Domain on Server 2003

well, by default if a server is a domain controller then it has active directory installed. So yes BOTH servers will be server 2003. In an enviroment that small, only 1 dc is required

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-setting-up-a-small-test-network-domain-on-server-2003.924108/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi All,

I look after a small workgroup consisting of 6 systems. One of the workstations have a directory share that the others access. All systems are running XP with service pack 3 and all have MS Office 2003 installed. The issue I'm having is when my client tries accessing a word document from their workstation, the document takes a substantial time to do anything i.e. open, save, edit text etc. After a bit of research, Office Validation Tool looks like a likely reason for this problem. Everything I've indicates excel, but this effect word too?

Any help will be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2003-document-very-slow-over-network.1057568/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi,

I just bought a new 500 GB network server, and I hooked it into my wireless router (Netgear MR814v2). I wanted to transfer a bunch of files to it from my laptop, which accesses the network wirelessly (probably not a word, but you know what I mean), but the first time I went to transfer a 4 GB iso file, it came up that the transfer was going to take 149 minutes. Now granted, that's a big file, but that's pretty slow. I should point out (if it's not obvious) that I know next to nothing about networking. I've fudged my way through it so far, but I want to be able to speed up the file transfer in order to use this drive effectively.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Relevancy 73.53%

Trying to figure out why our server has slowed way down and was wondering if the log attached may shed some light Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system PRISMSVR EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C PROGRA McAfee SPAMKI MskAgent exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM MMDiag exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH Musicmatch Jukebox mim exe slow attached down...HJT log Server Network C Network Server slow down...HJT log attached Program Files kinberlin kinberlink Kinberlink exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C WINDOWS System GEARSec exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfService exe C PROGRA McAfee SPAMKI MSKSrvr exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL HONDAEPC Binn sqlservr exe C WINDOWS system PRISMSVC EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL HONDAEPC Binn sqlagent EXE C mic wrun exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C HORJHA Catalog bin rjma exe C Documents and Settings Dana Hughes My Documents HIJACK THIS HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www iwon com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO McAfee Anti-Phishing Filter - D ED - CFF- - A - EBB AF - c program files mcafee spamkiller mcapfbho dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS System DLA DLASHX W DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - c Program Files BAE BAE dll O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run DMXLauncher C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService isuspm exe quot -startup O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot C PROGRA McAfee com VSO mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run OASClnt C Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run MSKDetectorExe C PROGRA McAfee SPAMKI MSKDetct exe startup O - HKLM Run DLA C... Read more

A:Network Server slow down...HJT log attached

Just wanted to thank you in advance for assistance....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-server-slow-down-hjt-log-attached.512855/
Relevancy 73.1%

Howdy folks I've got a network of people via LAN and of them are able to open Excel click open go to My Computer and open any of our networked hard drives or folders and browse and view shared files quickly and within seconds However I do have one user who it takes a minute to a few minutes for any of the networked folders to load into view This just started recently The user When 2003 Folders... Excel Slow Network Browsing is able to view local files on her computer with normal quick speed and has even copied files directly off of the drives and worked off of them off of her hard drive with no problems She has no other problems and can view networked folders and files in Word perfectly and is got good solid network access to the internet We are using WinXP with SP and I have attempted to reinstalled Excel on her machine This is driving us crazy I appreciate any help

A:Excel 2003 Slow When Browsing Network Folders...

Disconnect and Re-Map all the Network drives which are connected under My computerRemove the Default Printer seen under Printers and faxes and Reboot the computerAfter restarting the Computer, Re-install the Printer which was set as Default PrinterThat Should resolve the issue

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/225222/excel-2003-slow-when-browsing-network-folders/
Relevancy 72.67%

I currently have Mapping to 7 Server Client Win 2003 a Win Server of which I was running XP's on for years with no latency issues while logging in I just upgraded the CLIENT PC's to Windows I MAPPED the drives to each CLIENT but after the login name and password are entered the time it takes Win 7 Client Mapping to Server 2003 to MAP the drives is at a minimum of minute Before they mapped in seconds and these CLIENT computers are much faster then what I had in the XP's Any suggestions I have already tried to quot relax quot the security settings on the CLIENT computer Win 7 Client Mapping to Server 2003 but to no avail Should I try SHARED FOLDERS instead but if that's the case I have a NETWORK software that all the CLIENTS use off the server Plus we save ALL work to the server which gets backed up nightly so all the EXCEL files need to be accessed from each CLIENT to the SERVER Again my problem is lying with the Win 7 Client Mapping to Server 2003 LATENCY on logon after I open the programs and the drives are mapped the computers run very fast Ideas

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/win-7-client-mapping-to-server-2003-a-1099218.html
Relevancy 72.24%

this has only recently been a problem as before all was working fine, excel will load a local document fine but when asked to load a file from a remote computer it takes up to 5 minutes to load, word, pdf and other documents load quickly across the network and the network responds and works well with print and any other task.
Have dissabled firewall with no effect, have tried mutiple other solutions found on the net with no change.
Renamed reg folder. Reinstalled network components. Cleared old printer drivers. Stopped print spooler.

Anyone have any Ideas?
Both systems run win7 pro 32bit, AVG antivirus.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-2003-slow-loading-files-accross-network.1016855/
Relevancy 71.81%

I'm having difficulty getting my PC into a new domain - I've setup a Server 2003 box and can ping the workstation from the server, but cannot ping the other way around, and am unable to join the PC into the domain. A pretty fundamental problem I would say! Maybe I missed something when setting up the server?

I built a small SBS 2003 domain for a customer a few months ago and thought I would take advantage of my Technet sub and build a 2003 network so I can test stuff etc. But I cannot get the damn thing setup! Grrrrrrr!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-2003-client-attach-problems.556687/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi all I am the administrator of a small Windows Small Business Server network which comprises Server NIC 2003 SBS Connection Server/Client Error - Win and Clients One of the client computers failed and I had to run a diagnostic on the components which meant testing each i e M b Video CPU Hd etc It transpired that on this Client the PSU was the problem so I installed a new PSU rebuilt the Client and connected it to the network and restarted it Everything started OK except I could not connect to the network I tried to Join a domain via My Computer Properties Computer Name Win SBS 2003 - Server/Client Connection Error and Change and putting in the Domain name of the server I receiver the Error message - An error occurred when DNS was queried for the service location SRV resource record used to locate a domain controller for domain ABCD CO UK The error was quot The requested address is not valid in its context quot error code x WSAEADDRNOTAVAIL The query was for the SRV record for ldap tcp dc msdcs ABCD CO UK So there you are the full Error message I have so far been unable to get the Client computer to connect to the Win SBS Server but there is one thing that may be relevant I did attach the HD to another Client pc to confirm it was OK so could this have reset something on the HD which has stopped it connecting to the Server Any help on this would be gratefully accepted Regards Gerryw p s Hope this is not to long winded nbsp

A:Win SBS 2003 - Server/Client Connection Error

The computer is not in the domain at the moment?

The first thing to check with everything related to Active Directory: is the DNS set up correctly? Make sure that the computer in question has the SBS machine as its DNS server.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win-sbs-2003-server-client-connection-error.89718/
Relevancy 71.38%

I am a user in a remote office that connects to our main Office with Cisco VPN clients. We have two computer on our LAN network that do not see the network printers when connected to VPN. When not connected to the VPN, both users can see and print to the networked printers.

I have found in the VPN client that there is a section that states: Allow local LAN access. This is checked, but does not make a difference. We are using Microsoft Remote Desktop and the printers option in the local resources tab is checked. The users are Windows XP pro sp2. We have tested with firewalls disabled, which has not worked.

Anything else I can look at or change?

A:Client VPN connection to Windows Network printer Problem

We have a VPN connection to our main office through a Cisco Client (Version 5.0.00.0340) and Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection. The problem is we have two computers that cannot see our local printer in the printer dropdown box when connected to our main office's Terminal Server. Two other computers can see the local printers when connected. Our main office is telling us we are the only client having this problem. We are using Microsoft Windows XP 2002 Service Pack 2 on all the computers in question. On the Transport tab in Cisco Client, "Allow Local LAN Access" is checked. On the Local Resources Tab in Remote Desktop Connection, Printers is checked. We're on a Novell Network using NDPS printing service. The problem occurred within the last couple of weeks--before that, both of the problem computers could see the printer. Neither we nor our main office can think of anything that changed around the time the problem occurred. We've tried the Microsoft solution in article 302361 (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302361) with no success. We've tested the problem with File and Print Sharing both off and on. Tried it with the firewall completely turned off. Tried it with the printer shared. Any ideas would be appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/client-vpn-connection-to-windows-network-printer-problem-229800.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Can any one suggest me Step by Step guide to setup Network File Server and Network Print Server

Operating System if possible XP otherwise Windows 2000 Server
Thankssss a lot in advance

A:Step by Step guide to setup Network File Server and Network Print Server

1. RTM (Read The Manual for the Network File Server).
2. Follow the manual's instructions for setup.
3. RTM (Read The Manual for the Network Print Server).
4. Follow the manual's instructions for setup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/step-by-step-guide-to-setup-network-file-server-and-network-print-server.1054988/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello,
I am having problems remotley administering my domain. I am using a vista computer to administer my domain remotely. When I try to open the domain users and computers appalet I get the message that says " naming information can not be located ...". I know that DNS is running (maybe not correctly) and that my computer logged on to the domain. DNS is the only thing that I can think as the problem. I can log onto OWA by typing in the ip address but I can not use the admin tools. Please help

Thank You

A:Can not connect to the server 2003 domain from the vista client

Well, how about fixing the DNS? Without working DNS, you can pretty much forget about doing anything with AD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-not-connect-to-the-server-2003-domain-from-the-vista-client.102666/
Relevancy 70.09%

I am using the Windows Client VPN connection terminating to a Firewall.

The issue is that my home network is 192.168.1.x/24 and one of the servers I am trying to RDP into once connected to the Client VPN session is on 192.168.1.1. The VPN connection isnt overriding my home network routing in Windows so a ping, trace, and specifically RDP is trying to hit a home network device which is on 192.168.1.1 instead of the server across the established VPN.

In the VPN properties "Use default gateway on remote network" is checked in IPV4 Settings BTW.

I just need a full tunnel which overrides my local network

Thoughts?

A:Windows Client VPN connection isnt overriding my home network routing

change the IP range of your home network

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/365169-windows-client-vpn-connection-isnt-overriding-my-home-network-routing.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Up until Mail Windows - Solved: Network Password Popup Client Trouble a week or so ago I was having limited problems out of Microsoft Outlook Then out of the blue every time my mail client checked for new messages every minutes a network password prompt window would pop up I have mail accounts business personal coming into Outlook so it has been a real Solved: Mail Client Trouble - Network Password Popup Windows pain to have to repeatedly log into them I have the passwords saved in the setup but it no longer acknowledges that fact no my keyboard isn t set to all caps After even deleting all accounts and re-entering them I was unsuccessful in fixing the problem so I upgraded to Outlook and have inherited the same problem there as well I tried switching to Eudora and no dice The problem has escalated now even when I type in the passwords I cannot send mail at all and I can t even receive mail on my personal account so get this I get sets of email coming into Outlook I have one coming in via forwards and if I reply to anything or send new messages I can t do it through Outlook I have to go to my Verizon Yahoo page log into my personal account there and send any outgoing messages Nuts I tried doing a restore to earlier point on my machine and it won t even let me restore as recent the past couple of days I don t know what s happened I ve tried emailing with the firewall down even and it doesn t change the problem tried everything I know to do My antivirus is up-to-date as are all my drivers and Microsoft updates It wouldn t be a big deal except that Outlook is like my perpetual to-do list Everything I do that s work-related comes into my inbox and stays there until a project s complete then if I must keep something to refer back to I have organized folders to save different projects in It s become completely counterproductive for me to suddenly have to take the long way around and to have to stop what I m doing every minutes to respond to the network password prompts which pop up on top of anything I m working on Can someone please help me nbsp

A:Solved: Mail Client Trouble - Network Password Popup Windows

I'm posting the solve on this problem because although there were no responses on the solution, I found this problem articulated on other forums as well. Going to the Microsoft website offered me practically no help (no offense, Microsoft, but not all of us have a masters degree in computer science, nor can we afford $250 to call you for help!)

After trying every possible fix out there simple enough for an intermediate computer to understand, I finally got in touch with onlinecomputerrepair.org. Now, while the cost to repair it was $89 (considerably cheaper than Microsoft tech support, which only walks you through a solution), the tech logged into my machine and laid with the problem until it was fixed. Well worth the cost considering the lost time this problem has cost me in productivity.

The tech told me that the problem was missing registry settings that tell programs where to look for settings. He went into my system and made some modifications I would have never known how to make, and now the problem is solved. For anyone who has something like this occur with their machine in the future, if you're not savvy enough to fix the problem yourself, I highly recommend these guys' work. Very professional, and if they can't fix it, you don't pay...that's about the best deal I know of next to free.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mail-client-trouble-network-password-popup-windows.851405/
Relevancy 70.09%

Our setup is Server is the main DC which runs DNS DHCP WINS with Active Directory installed on it Server is the backup DC in case Server goes down it is our file and print server It has Active Directory installed also and runs DNS slow booting windows up 2003 server has DHCP but DHCP is turned off at the moment unless Server goes down The only servers Server and Server are the only servers that have Active Directory DNS DHCP WINS on them they also have the global windows 2003 server slow booting up catalog activated on them We are windows 2003 server slow booting up wondering if the problem could be that when server starts up its trying to find server and is hanging for around to minutes until it times out Is there a way to change the time so that Server will stop searching for Server after say seconds Or is it a totally different issue here below is the error i m getting on the server Event Type Error Event Source DhcpServer Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer TFPDCS nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2003-server-slow-booting-up.453557/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi all I am currently on a voluntary placement in Indonesia helping out an NGO with some I T They have a windows server with the following specs thats causing me some 2003 slow very Windows server running based grief and I was hoping you could help Specs Motherboard Gigabyte GA- I P -G CPU Intel pentium GPU Radeon MB DDR -bit HD Seagate barricuda x GB x GB PSU w XA SIMBIO RAM GB Hynix DDR PC OS Windows server Problem The problem is very slow running and slow response times The PC POSTs normally but loading of the operating system is very slow Windows 2003 based server running very slow It takes - minutes from POST to login screen Loading then takes a long time After this I can open the start menu bit it is a little slow Opening the programs sub-menu is then very very slow causing the computer to freeze Any intensive task also causes the computer to freeze for a long time before the operation is completed What I have Tried I opened the box up to check for dust Its a pretty clean machine CPU temperature is approx c according to BIOS system monitor Several reboots have of course been tried I have tried loading fail-safe defaults Task manager shows no abnormal processes or excessively high usage for any processes I have loaded msconfig and switched to minimal boot This resulted in only a minor improvement Misc The problem is complicated in that this organisation is non-profit and so I cannot simply try replacing parts until something improves My take on the specifications is that this machine should run smoothly I have the option to re-install with windows XP or with server again The machine is intended to be used as a server I was hoping to load MySQL onto it The machine was pretty much unused for a long time before I arrived All suggestions welcome thanks Kris nbsp

A:Windows 2003 based server running very slow

How about defragging the (C) hard drive and running a registry cleaner...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-2003-based-server-running-very-slow.108777/
Relevancy 69.23%

I m having a Slow 2003 windows - Login server problems few problems within the last Slow Login - windows server 2003 problems few days When my clients are logging on quot Applying Personal Settings quot is taking at least - minutes to get to the desktop Please review the log below Thanks Seann Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT DefWatch exe C WINDOWS system Dfssvc exe C WINDOWS System dns exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system imapi exe C WINDOWS System ismserv exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL ACMIC Binn sqlservr exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS system ntfrs exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Progressive Insurance Progressive Policy Downloader schedsrv exe C Program Files Progressive Insurance Progressive Policy Downloader schedmon exe c teamup download tudlsched exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe C Program Files AirPort APAgent exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exe C WINDOWS system WISPTIS EXE C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL res shdoclc dll softAdmin htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - HKLM Run OpwareSE quot C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Progressive Scheduler C Program Files Progressive Insurance Progressive Policy Downloader schedsrv exe Autostart Systemstart O - HKLM Run Progressive Scheduler Monitor C Program Files Progressive Insurance Progressive Policy Downloader schedmon exe O - HKLM Run TEAM-UP Download Scheduler c teamup download tudlsched exe O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe O - HKLM Run AirPort Base Station Agent quot C Program Files AirPort APAgent exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce tscuninstall systemroot system tscupgrd exe User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce tscuninstall systemroot system tscupgrd exe User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce tscuninstall systemroot system tscupgrd exe User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT RunOnce tscuninstall systemroot system tscupgrd exe User Default user O - Star... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-login-windows-server-2003-problems.629641/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello I have a windows server enterprise edition gb ram hds all raid another raid controller with a storage also raid we have a rd party software on it backup exec this server is also one of our domain controllers it is a poweredge dell server The problem Symantec Backup excec d was working fine then one day around or some where around there the job rate was mb for job rate now we see it at - mb for job rate We talked with Symantec did everything Defrag updates set certain settings such as use backup exec file compression software instead of hardware talked with dell updated all firmware updates we are backing up to a dell powervault t with tape drives total slots but only using tapes in it so slow use and rate Backup Windows slow 2003 job 11d server Exec to run perfect we suspect now an update or something BUT WHAT please help boss is not happy and I am all out of ideas the boss Windows 2003 server and Backup Exec 11d job rate slow says quot BLOW IT OUT Windows 2003 server and Backup Exec 11d job rate slow and START ALL OVER quot do i really have to do that just to fix this Windows 2003 server and Backup Exec 11d job rate slow problem any suggestions fixes there has to be someone that ran into this same problem nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2003-server-and-backup-exec-11d-job-rate-slow.665627/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi,

I have a set of 5 machines - 2 desktops (one being a thin client and the other to function as a 'server' ) and 3 notebooks. I was wondering what was the difference b/w the 2 versions Windows Server 2003 and Windows Small Business Server 2003. Is it true one cannot use a thin client but need a regular cpu setup to use Small Business Server 2003 ?

There is a difference in costs and since i have windows 2000 on the desktops and xp on the notebooks wondered if i needed to shell out so much more $$ for the Windows Server 2003 . I plan to put in a wireless networking system to link all the 5 machines.

Thanks in advance for any and all advise.

S

A:Solved: Difference b/w Windows Server 2003 and Small Business Server 2003

ok i got the answer to this from another source.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-difference-b-w-windows-server-2003-and-small-business-server-2003.286015/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi,

I have a set of 5 machines - 2 desktops (one being a thin client and the other to function as a 'server' ) and 3 notebooks. I was wondering what was the difference b/w the 2 versions Windows Server 2003 and Windows Small Business Server 2003. Is it true one cannot use a thin client but need a regular cpu setup to use Small Business Server 2003 ?

There is a difference in costs and since i have windows 2000 on the desktops and xp on the notebooks wondered if i needed to shell out so much more $$ for the Windows Server 2003 . I plan to put in a wireless networking system to link all the 5 machines.

Thanks in advance for any and all advise.

S

A:Solved: Difference b/w Windows Server 2003 and Small Business Server 2003

Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server has the following restrictions:
- Only one computer in a domain can be running Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server.
- Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server must be the root of the Active Directory® forest.
- Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server cannot trust any other domains.
- A Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server domain cannot have any child domains.
- Each additional server must have a Windows Small Business Server 2003 client access license (CAL). You can use CALs for each user or for each device.
The standard edition of Windows Small Business Server 2003 includes Windows Server 2003 technologies, including fax service, firewall service, and remote-access service. Additionally, it includes Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, enhanced tools for server monitoring and administration, and an out-of-the-box solution for internal Web sites. The standard edition is ideal for customers who do not require the higher-level functionality included in the premium edition

The premium edition includes everything in the standard edition, plus Microsoft SQL Server 2000, Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2000, and Microsoft FrontPage® 2003. The premium edition is ideal for small businesses with more demanding IT needs, such as data-intensive line-of-business applications, or advanced firewall and Web-caching capabilities

The standard edition has most of the stuffs inside.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-difference-b-w-windows-server-2003-and-small-business-server-2003.287187/
Relevancy 67.94%

We upgraded our File Server Domain Controller from Windows 2000 Server to Server 2003.
Share access used to be really quick.
Now there are a couple of seconds between access to shares.
If you are moving a few levels throughout shares, this becomes problematic.
Does anyone know of any documents that explain the exact process the OS goes through to access a share?
Could it be the new security settings that Windows 2003 employs add a few seconds of overhead to accessing that share?

A:Upgrade from Win2K to Windows 2003 Server-share access slow

http://techrepublic.com.com/

May want to try this site out. I use them all the time, you may need to do a free registration.

Great forums.

Good luck and let me know if it helped you out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrade-from-win2k-to-windows-2003-server-share-access-slow.393056/
Relevancy 67.08%

Ok I have computers on a home network Windows XP and one Redhat Linux Fedora Core About a month ago one of the windows boxes 1 computer network now has file transfer on network slow a internet suddenly and on suddenly went 1 computer on a network suddenly now has slow file transfer on internet and network from about Kb s download to Kb s download from various newsgroups Also when trying to pull AND push files to that same box it is a very slow file transfer I didn t load any new 1 computer on a network suddenly now has slow file transfer on internet and network software in that time and I waited so long because at the time the newsgroup server that I am using reported problems associated with Hurricane Rita This of course doesn t explain the network speed I ve run speed tests on all the other computers and they all report download speeds of about Kb s and upload speeds of about Kb s except the one and it has download speeds of about Kb s and upload speeds the same about Kb s After I noticed the speed reduction I loaded a firewall Protowall and I downloaded the latest beta of Microsoft Anti-Spyware and ran it Also I have Norton with the latest updates and it reports no problems Please let me know if you need more info or if someone had any general tips to try I am about at the end of my rope and reformatting looks like the only other option to me Thanks Mike in Ohio Edit Forgot to say I went to differnt speed testing web sites and they all report the download speed the same on that one box about Kb s and the others are around Kb s nbsp

A:1 computer on a network suddenly now has slow file transfer on internet and network

Are all the computers wired similarly? All run to the same router/switch?

You should check the cable of the problematic machine, try using ping to the router with 1400 byte packets. Also, boot up some CD Linux or equivalent and see what speeds you get from there - helps to rule out any problems with the operating system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1-computer-on-a-network-suddenly-now-has-slow-file-transfer-on-internet-and-network.35247/
Relevancy 66.65%

I am having a frustrating time with my network I work for an animall hospital and we have a wired wireless network with computers mixed vista ultimate and xp pro with server sp on the server I am using a Linksys WRT n router My main problem is with my wireless computers a desktop with a US Robotics g turbo and one of my laptops a Dell Inspiron They are and network drops Wireless slow network is Solved: signal no more then feet from the router and Solved: Wireless network drops signal and network is slow always have a strong signal but will drop their connection and have to be logged of and logged back on It is very frustrating because there is no rhyme or reason for it Sometimes it will stay connected all day without dropping and other days it will drop - times I am not sure if this is related or not but there are several wireless networks that can be seen by these computers including a Comcast WIFI and an Optonline WIFI Also the network will slow down every so often wired as well as wireless and I am no sure what the is about Our applications that we run are not very intence no graphics or large packets being sent Some one said they thought there might be a some sort of a Windows Sharing App running on the server Solved: Wireless network drops signal and network is slow that was bogging it down but I am not sure Any help would be appreciated Thanks in advance Supergroomer nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

Hey guys just wondering the easiest way to network two machines, one using Vista and the other 2003. I mainly just want to share files, thanks. Are there any 3rd party apps that will do it for me?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/easiest-way-to-network-windows-2003-and-vista.721515/
Relevancy 66.22%

My organisation has 3 Windows 2003 servers (domain, mail, application). We are having very slow response time between server and client PCs in regards to opening/downloading/saving files from the server and working on software from client PCs that needs to communicate with the server. I am not sure if this was a problem from the day the servers were installed as i was not working here, but it is possible. The PCs are not the issue here as we tried it with different PCs across the years.

Thus i have the following two questions:

1. Could this be helped by increasing the download and upload speed of our connection? we currently have 8mbps download and 1mbps upload speed (this is for each server/pc). We are thinking of increasing it to 10mbps/10mbps and i was wondering if its worth it.

2. What might be the reason for the above problem?

thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-response-time-between-server-and-client-pcs.1021693/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a network using Windows 7 Pro and Windows XP Pro Machines. I just built a new server with Windows 7 Pro with a Gigabit network. 1 server (7 Pro) 3 machines (7 Pro) 2 machines (XP Pro). Windows sharing on network on server. DHCP IP for network. I keep loosing the network connection to shared server file. I can ping the server from every machine with no problem. I can not browse to the network or use UNC format from run command to see the server. I can reboot the server and everything is working again. Does Windows 7 have a limit to concurrent connections? And is the server releasing the connections. Every person and shared file has admin rights to read and right to server. ANY THOUGHTS. Thanks JC

A:Windows 7 Network server issues

Have you tried using static IPs?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/57083-windows-7-network-server-issues.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi All. Thank you in advance for your assistance with this matter.

I'm running W7 Ultimate on a network w/ 2003 Windows domain. When I first added this computer to the domain, everything worked fine for about a month. Then one morning I came into the office, tried logging in and received a message that the computer has lost it's trust connect with the domain.

I logged into the server w/ the DC, reestablished the trust connection from the server side but the comp is still giving me the "Can't establish trust connection" error message when I logged in.

My current workaround is unplug the network cable, log into the comp then replug the network cable.

Thoughts? Need additional info from me? Please advise.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Cheers,

Lu

A:Lost network trust on 2003 windows domain

Fix: Log in as a local Administrator, and leave the domain, reboot, then log in and re-join the domain. Be sure to type the FQDN (fully qualified domain name) in the domain field.

This works on all machines I have encountered the problem on our netowrk. The problem seems isolated to Server 2003 domains and windows 7 machines. Additionally, I have only encountered this on laptops lately... My HP XW4550 workstation with win7 pro has not had the problem yet... (knock on wood).

IT SYSADMIN by day, gamer and student by night.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/34831-lost-network-trust-2003-windows-domain.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello I have read a few similar posts and the resolutions but it doesn t appear to be working for me Any help is appreciated I apologize if I am leaving out any important info I m running a Windows XP PC wired to a Verizon FIOS modem router model MI no assign not did address" DNS a server, no "Network gateway, network Solved: Default WR I have a second computer connected via wire to this and a third computer connected wirelessly As of hours ago and for months all machines have worked fine My PC froze while playing a game and I reset it This is not common but it has happened before without issue upon start up However this time I received a limited no connectivity message When repair was attempted it didn t work because quot the network did not assign a network address to the computer quot The nd and rd PC work fine though Back on my first PC when I view the details there is a physical address IP address and subnet mask BUT there is no Default Gateway DNS Server or WINS Server I have tried the other suggestions I read about RESET TCP Solved: "Network did not assign a network address" no Default gateway, no DNS server, IP stack and RESET WINSOCK entries then restarting my machine but neither of these worked Under device manager my NVIDEA nForce networking adapter says it is working properly and there isn t any red X Solved: "Network did not assign a network address" no Default gateway, no DNS server, or yellow indicators The only weird thing I saw which i have not seen discussed here is when I run IPCONFIG ALL It says IP Routing enabled NO and WINS Proxy enabled NO Thank you in advance for any help and please let me know if you need some additional information Thanks D nbsp

A:Solved: "Network did not assign a network address" no Default gateway, no DNS server,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-did-not-assign-a-network-address-no-default-gateway-no-dns-server.983791/
Relevancy 65.36%

OK well since the guy who usually takes care of our network has left the company logging Windows server network Problems to 7 with in I have been thrust rather abruptly into this position I'm fairly computer savvy but I've never done much network administration So I've been upgrading a few computers to Windows Ultimate and after a fair bit of wrangling managed to get them all taken care of except who knew that Win Home couldn't access a simple network wtf But I've got my boss's brand new rig all set up and loaded with all the software necessary but for some reason I can't get it to log in to the server for the life of me I have used identical settings as on the old XP box and have double checked net passwords on the server side I followed the exact same procedure to set up the network as on the other machines But no dice Problem - There is no login window Actually it did come up a few times and I'm not sure why but right now it just automatically logs in and then says that it doesn't have permission Problems logging in to network server with Windows 7 without actually giving me a login window to enter my ID and Password I have gone into the credentials erased them created them changed them Everything under the sun but right now I can't even get a simple login Problems logging in to network server with Windows 7 Unknown factor - when it did give me a login window a couple of times it showed me the name of the path as lt usernamedragon gt which is what I set the computer to so I could access the internet to build the system while the boss was still working with his old box without creating a conflict Unfortunately I have a sneaking suspicion that this is what is causing my problems So I took steps to change this but I can't actually see this name anywhere I've changed the computer name the easy way but it hasn't changed the computer PROFILE I took some steps to try to change this but I can't see if they took effect because there is no login window The login window was the ONLY place that showed me this path I can't see that this would be a legitimate problem but it's hard to say Problem - I don't know why it won't log in correctly I've set all the other settings correctly and these settings have worked on other computers built over the past week and worked just fine for other computers I built before The password is correct the computer name is correct The id is correct The IP settings are all identical What the heck am I doing wrong I've got a professional network specialist coming in in a couple of hours but even he is kind of stumped I need to get this thing fixed tonight while the office is shut down because come Monday morning the boss ain't gonna be too happy Thanks for your assistance

A:Problems logging in to network server with Windows 7

Eschelar, Welcome to the windows 7 forums.
1. Are you trying to logon to the server via Active Directory?
2. Is the boss's computer joined to the domain?
3. Have you setup the network as a work network?
4. Have you setup the network discovery to yes?

Questions..

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/244560-problems-logging-network-server-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 65.36%

We had a file server running wins in a small network with a wireless router. the server was providinf DHCP and Wins services on the network. We have removed the server and setup DHCP on the router. Since then none of the PC's can see the work group. I can ping all the PC's on the network.

when I do an IPconfig/all the node type is peer to peer, I have edited the registry and reset the node type and have ensured that TCP over netbios is selected in the IP copnfig. What else do I have to do to get rid of Wins and just use DHCP/DNS for name resolution?

A:Wins server removed cannot see PC's in Windows network

You may have to go into the Advanced TCP/IP configuration and change the WINS configuration.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wins-server-removed-cannot-see-pcs-in-windows-network.485936/
Relevancy 65.36%

I'll be setting up a small Network Update Server Local Windows network for a client in the next few days which will consist of computers all running Windows Professional Now I was thinking instead of Windows Update Local Network Server each computer being set to downlaod updates which would in effect result in the same update being downloaded times is there a way to perhaps have one of the computers perhaps a th computer in the network can be added and assigned the job download ALL updates whether they are required or not and then have Windows Update point to the quot cache Windows Update Local Network Server quot machine and get their appropriate updates from there I ask because Internet bandwidth in South Africa is horribly expensive and ISPs abitralily and forcibly slow you down if they detect that you are quot over using your connection quot In order to keep costs down I'd prefer to not have to setup a machine with Windows Server and would like to do this with ONLY Windows Professional

A:Windows Update Local Network Server

You need to wait for someone more knowledgeable than me, but I have one little pearl of wisdom for you! WSUS is the normal way to achieve this, and is in fact the only way I know about. We need to see if we can actually get it onto Vista/7. It will probably put up a fight, and unfortunately, due to server/client networking, probably not work, even if we get it on. However, we can try.

About WSUS. A Network Manager far more knowledgeable than I once told me that you have to be really, really careful with WSUS, and its setup. It does cache updates, and then the clients download them from your local server. It doesn't just stream updates to the client. This is more important than you might think. You MUST tell WSUS what products are installed across your clients, otherwise it will assume that they could have anything installed, and starts cacheing. This means that without careful setup, every single microsoft update ever released will be downloaded, be it for Windows 95, XP, Office 2003, SQL Server 2000, Windows Server 2008 R2, Visual Studio C# Express 2005, DirectX 3.0; you name it. That is a MASSIVE, MASSIVE download! Just thought you should know

Richard

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/128331-windows-update-local-network-server.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi,
I was wondering if it was possible to use a program installed on windows sever 2000 from another computer on the network....If this is possible please fill me in.
Thanks a ton you guys sure have helped me out before :grinthumb

A:Network programs through windows 2000 server

You're looking for Terminal Services Application Server - which is built into 2000 Server. You'll have to install the application through add/remove program in a different mode though. Can't remember exactly what the mode is called but it something to the effect of remote use or terminal use installation - been a while since I've done it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-programs-through-windows-2000-server.37461/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello,
I'd like to build a network at home. I'd like to have a server to which I can connect my other computers. Do I need a server OS? Or I can use my Windows 2000? What hardware do I need? Do I need two network cards installed on my server?

Could you also please tell me good links (or books) where I can search for some information related to this topic?

Thanks,
dsuratman

Relevancy 65.36%

Our home has a mixed-platform network composed of three Windows 7 machines, two Vista machines, and (hopefully) one Windows XP print server. I would love to upgrade the print server to Windows 7, but it doesn't have enough RAM.

How can I connect the Windows XP print server to my home network? I don't need the ability to share files over the network. I simply need to be able to print directly to the laserjet from any of my networked machines.

I've poked around the forums and elsewhere on the Internet, and have come across variants of this question but haven't found any clear-cut instructions that explain how to do this.

Thanks!

Aaron

A:Sharing XP print server with Windows 7 network

Does the Vista & Win7 computers see the XP computer? Have you tried install network printer from all of them? Do you have the XP printer set as sharing?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/10905-sharing-xp-print-server-windows-7-network.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi Guys,

Was wondering, I'm setting up a VPN on a DELL Windows 2000 Server and as I am walking through the wizard setup, the part where it ask what NIC card I want to use for Internet access, this system has only one? So when I select it Windows comes up saying "you have selected the last remaining network card........" or something to that effect...

I am wondering, must there be two NIC cards in the computer before I can setup a VPN?? or by selecting the only one, that I am limiting my VPN connection??

THanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-server-vpn-network-card.367205/
Relevancy 65.36%

My System OS IS Windows XP SP2
doesn't remember network share passwords of Windows 2003 OS

A:Windows XP SP2 doesn't remember network share passwords of 2003 os

By Windows 2003 OS do you mean Windows Server 2003? You didn't mention if you are on a Domain, or just Workgroup? Try these tips: How To Manage Stored User Names and Passwords on a Computer That Is Not in a Domain in Windows XP

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-sp2-doesnt-remember-network-share-passwords-of-2003-os-607170.html
Relevancy 64.93%

We re using Window Server as a domain controller Active Directory DNS DHCP and Windows XP as clients It is a small network of only about computers server so it used to work fine without much problem The problem is that my computer a win xp client is now having problem accessing folders on the other computers I am being asked a user name and password everytime I want to Problem 2003-Windows accessing XP Windows network folder, access these folders Strangely if I simply put my name and password windows will tell me that it s tried this name-password combination and it doesnt work I had to type in the full network address as a prefix to my Problem accessing network folder, Windows 2003-Windows XP name eg xyz abc com my name for it to even have the chance to work Even after I entered my name in the above format accessing the folder will take about - minutes before it will even display the content of the folder And then it will not show the right click menu looks like it hangs but it will eventually go back to initial state but still cant right click If I ping the server or these computers using DOS it will return my pin I have several possible source of the problem A couple of month ago my hard disk broke We had to install a new hard disk and windows xp I copied my documents Favorites Documents Desktop Outlook to the new installation and renamed the computer to something else The problem started around the same time I m using network card in my computer - is connected to the domain - the other is connected to an adsl switch to which some other networks are also connected There are workgroup and domain unrelated domain that s also using the adsl switch I dont think this is the primary problem because before I cahnged my hard disk this configuration was not a problem I am the administrator of the network and my username-password has the administrator privilege so there is no one to turn to for help Thank you in advance for your help nbsp

A:Problem accessing network folder, Windows 2003-Windows XP

When you renamed your computer, you probably neglected to fix the permissions on the server.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-accessing-network-folder-windows-2003-windows-xp.706373/
Relevancy 64.93%

Having continuous problems with freezing and slow data transfer and am wondering if it malware or something DDS logDDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by User at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files BORGChat BORGChat exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterC PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Documents and Settings User My Documents Downloads HijackThis _ network PC1 network on slow transfer speeds exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC slow network transfer speeds _ PC1 on network WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXEC Documents and Settings User My Documents Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uURLSearchHooks H - No FilemURLSearchHooks H - No FileBHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No FileBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllTB CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - No FileTB A A -BACC- D - - A E E - No FileTB EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - No FileuRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exemRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun AVG TRAY c progra avg avg avgtray exemRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun nwiz c program files nvidia corporation nview nwiz exe installmRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartupmRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitmRun MSConfig c windows pchealth helpctr binaries MSConfig exe autoStartupFolder c docume user startm programs startup borgchat lnk - c program files borgchat BORGChat exeIE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeIE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exeDPF BCC -B - - C - D A B C - hxxp office microsoft com templates ieawsdc cabDPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - - hxxp fpdownload macromedia com get shockwave cabs flash swflash cabTCP D CFE -B A- E-B C- CE E Handler linkscanner - F C- F - D -A D -FBDDE F D - c program files avg avg avgpp dllNotify avgrsstarter - avgrsstx dllSSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - c windows system WPDShServiceObj dll FIREFOX FF - ProfilePath - c docume user applic mozilla firefox profiles dtam ag default FF - prefs js browser search selectedEngine - Yahoo SearchFF - prefs js browser startup homepage - hxxp www google com au ig hl en amp source iglkFF - prefs js network proxy type - FF - component c program files avg avg firefox components avgssff dllFF - plugin c documents and settings user local settings application data google update npGoogleOneClick dllFF - plugin c program files google update npGoogleOneClick dllFF - plugin c program files google update npGoogleOneClick dllFF - plugin c program files k-lite codec pack real browser plugins nppl dllFF - plugin c program files k-lite codec pack real browser plugins nprpjplug dllFF - HiddenExtension Java Console No Registry Reference - c pr... Read more

A:slow network transfer speeds _ PC1 on network

Hello jolly_tas,Sorry about the delay. If you still need help, please post a new HijackThis log to make sure nothing has changed, and I'll be happy to look at it for you.Thanks,tea

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/255034/slow-network-transfer-speeds-pc1-on-network/
Relevancy 64.93%

PCs are Win Ultimate All are joined to the Domain Domain Controller DNS DHCP Server on same instance is Server standard The network topology is like this Router as Internet Gateway gt Switch identifying Cards will only or intermittently, Inside the Domain-Joined no Network when network Connections will Network longer, Network join Domain PC from gt Wired to Server and PC's SIP phones and Wireless Access Point Domain-Joined PC Network Cards will no longer, or will only intermittently, join the Domain Network when identifying Network Connections from Inside network all on same subnet DNS and DHCP have been offloaded Domain-Joined PC Network Cards will no longer, or will only intermittently, join the Domain Network when identifying Network Connections from Inside network to Server Roles and switched off on the router All of the PCs have network cards that have joined the domain network at least some of the time since I set them up Some of them have always picked up the domain network and continue to this day Some of them intermittently pick up the domain network and other times join whatever other unmanaged network is available Some of them have stopped picking up the domain network altogether and will no matter how many times their NICs are restarted always join a non-domain unmanaged network When the NICs are not joining the domain they are unable to ping hostnames of any devices on the network but nslookup of the hostnames usually works The DC DNS DHCP server's IP can be pinged without issue ipv or ipv I am recording DNS Client Errors ID on all of the PCs during the intervals when their NICs are identifying which network to join -On the PCs that are catching the domain network I am only getting a single error about the root domain eg the domain is ad domain com and I am only getting errors about how the configured DNS servers cannot resolve domain com nothing with fully qualified domain names eg server ad domain com -On the PCs that are not catching the domain network I get a few different instances of the same error substituted quot domain quot for my root domain name Name resolution for the name WPAD ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name lt DC-DNS-DHCPSERVERNAME gt ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name LDAP TCP DC MSDCS ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name ISATAP ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Based on what I've read about NLA service choosing the domain to log into I believe this rd error is the big one although I guess the big error is that my configured DNS servers are not responding except to NSLookups From what I understand the Network Location Awareness Service Provider will roughly do the following look into the registry to see if there is an entry for a domain network to join and if there is it will attempt to contact the domain controller of the same domain name If it is successful with both parts it will join the domain network named quot ad domain com quot If not it will fall back to one of the other options ie home private public quot whatever its called network quot I have tried many of the fixes presented for similar issues but I haven't found anything that's worked A few things I have tried while cycling my NICs on and off to test -turned off the firewall nbsp -poked holes in the firewall for TCP UDP port -poked holes in the firewall for TCP UDP port -ipconfig flushdns ipconfig registerdns -netsh int ip reset -netsh reset Winsock catalog and restarted -route f and restarted -turned off DHCP Client Service -restarted DHCP client Service -turned off IPV on NICs -hard-coded DNS servers IPV and -hard-coded static IPs and DNS Servers only IPV -sfc scannow to scan for integrity violations All of these and also some combinations of these and more that I can't remember One more p... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/303bcde4-6a0b-4bc4-baff-929f0b6b4261/domainjoined-pc-network-cards-will-no-longer-or-will-only-intermittently-join-the-domain-network?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello,

I have 2 computers (one with Windows 7, one with Windows Server 2008), but only ONE monitor. Ultimately, my goal is to network the two computers so that I can use TeamViewer (or a similar remote access application), so that I can control my Windows Server 2008 machine from my Windows 7 machine. I want this connection to go through LAN so there is minimal lag. I plan to use my crossover Cat-5 network cable to connect the two computers. How would I go about setting this network up so that they are connected to each other and I can use TeamViewer (etc) over LAN?

TL;DR: How do I setup a wired crossover network between a Windows Server 2008 PC and a Windows 7 PC? So that I can remotely access the Windows Server 2008 from the Windows 7 machine using TeamViewer.
Thanks

A:Crossover home network with Server 2008 and Windows 7

Buy a small workgroup switch to connect the two computers together and buy a KVM switch to switch between the tow computers using one keyboard mouse and video connection.

KVM Switches:
http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=143&name=KVM-Switches

5 Port switch:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...40&cm_re=5_port_switch-_-33-122-140-_-Product

Not sure what teamviewer is, but you can RDP to any server on your network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crossover-home-network-with-server-2008-and-windows-7.1001980/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello and thanks for 2008 network Windows Datacenter issues 64-bit server looking in to this I recently bought a new computer to use for all sorts of hosting Specs are following Intel Quad GHz gb RAM tb harddrive Windows Home premium bit fibre ethernet cable So after using it for hosting for a while I realized that I could need Remote Desktop Connection RDC for other people Windows server 2008 Datacenter 64-bit network issues using it I couldn t get it to work so I looked it up Apparently the version of windows I had doesn t support it so I Windows server 2008 Datacenter 64-bit network issues decided to try the evaluation version of Windows Server Datacenter -bit I managed to dual boot it along with just fine but problems started revealing themselves quickly upon startup The first thing I saw in the quot initial configuration tasks quot was quot Network adapters None detected quot I tried reconnecting my cable to the computer with no success I also tried quot add new hardware quot through control panel to add network adapters with no success The adapters shows up as faulty due to being unable to load drivers Out of my arena of knowledge I can t do so much more about this issue But I need windows server datacenter up and running My question is can anyone help me or guide me step by step for setting up any network connection at all I m available through msn phone skype or these forums Although skype or phone is prefered Thank you ever so much -Adrian nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

Hello. I connect via wireless router dsl (comcast), but I want to route through a proxy server.I have read articles/posts in and outside of this forum, but it's not working.After updating Norton with the http address/port# (settings-admin settings-configure network proxy settings-use a proxy server for http connections) the 'apply' button isn't active, and the change doesn't take effect.If I just make the change in 'internet options' from the IE toolbar, then I lose all internet connection.What else do I need to change/do differently, in order for the changes to be accepted?Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/377430/setting-up-a-network-to-a-proxy-server-norton-windows-7/
Relevancy 64.5%

--I wasn t sure if home server was more based on XP or Vista so i put it here-- hi all I have a router and a wireless internet connection and i recently installed windows home server How Windows Server i a connect network? wireless do Home to on How do i connect Windows Home Server to a wireless network? an old desktop something i ve been meaning to How do i connect Windows Home Server to a wireless network? do for quite some time However on the first bootup when it had completely finished installation It automatically loaded up an internet explorer page with a microsoft url It said the page How do i connect Windows Home Server to a wireless network? could not be displayed - great - No internet sort of needed for a server I went to new network connection and chose quot always on quot and it said it should already be working chose repair Well the thing is i don t know where the icon is that s usually in the system tray on XP and vista to connect to a wireless network How do i connect via to a wireless network Does it need to be plugged in directly via ethernet to my router Thanks Nappymonster nbsp

A:How do i connect Windows Home Server to a wireless network?

home server was not designed to work wirelessly, this is explained within it's documentation. you do need to hard wire (cable) your home-server computer back to your network switch or router for it to log on and receive the internet. hope this helps
bob

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-connect-windows-home-server-to-a-wireless-network.721529/
Relevancy 64.5%

A strange problem has occured on a Windows 2000 server. Some programs will not run - such as all access to Network properties are not working!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-properies-will-not-displayon-windows-2000-server.385986/
Relevancy 64.5%

Using a Windows 10 Pro workstation at the latest build, I am not able to see a Windows 2008R2 server as a network object.

When I click the yellow folder icon on the task bar to view my folders, and then I click to expand the "Network" section on the left sidebar, I never see the Windows 2008R2 server as one of the objects in my network.

How can I get the Windows 2008R2 server to show up here as an object?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/53224-windows-2008r2-server-does-not-show-up-network-object.html
Relevancy 64.5%

hi i have a e-machine EL1200-6H that i am converting from Vista home to WHS and all is fine but the NVIDIA NForce Networking Controller and i tried to find the compatible drivers online and had no success. If you know more of the compatibility of the network adapter pls let me know if ther is a way to fix.

P.S. its a on board adapter

A:Windows Home Server Network Connector Issues PLS HELP!!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-home-server-network-connector-issues-pls-help.862016/
Relevancy 64.5%

this is related to issues i've been dealing with for a while.
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/955257-windows-7-computers-not-appearing.html

it seems it somewhat improved. but here is still this behavior:

the Windows computers have 3 mapped drives from the server to access WORD 2007 files. In most cases the browsing is fast and swift as well as searching in them. Then on occasions. estimated 2 of 10 times the spinning wheel will appear and the windows file explorer would hang for about 10-20 sec or so. then the file will open fine.

what might be causing the delay ? what can i can check ? all PC's have fixed IP addresses.

the network:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-network-browsing-delays-with-mac-file-smb-server.963511/
Relevancy 64.5%

I am trying to install Windows Server 2012 R2 on my XPS 8900.  I have the following "unknown" devices that need drivers:
Bluetooth Radio
Network Adapter
Ethernet Adapter
PCI Simple Communications Controller
Dell's Windows 8.1 x64 drivers will not install.  Anybody know what the integrated (Ethernet) network controller is? Intel? What model? I may have to manually select the driver from the PROSet package.  How about driver candidates for the Bluetooth and PCI SCC?
Any other help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

A:XPS 8900 Windows Server 2012 R2 network (all) drivers...

Update:
I was able to manually install the Ethernet Adapter from the Dell driver download package.  Still needing:
Bluetooth Radio
Network Adapter (wireless adapter?)
PCI Simple Communications Controller
for Windows Server 2012 R2.
Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19670177