Windows Support Forum

Slow speed, fast speed, slow speed.

Q: Slow speed, fast speed, slow speed.

Recently moved house and had installed my internet today, the exact same setup.

Right now the only difference with this setup is that the router is plugged into my laptop, and if anything, it's closer to my computer than it was in the previous house.

My problem is that it randomly goes slow for short periods of time, or in games it lags like crazy. For example while watching youtube it'll shoot up the loading bar fast and then all of a sudden stop, and go really slowly, then back into fast speed over and over.

What can I do to resolve this?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Slow speed, fast speed, slow speed.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Slow speed, fast speed, slow speed.

Go to speedtest.net and see what your download and upload speeds are. Watching a youtube video will use less bandwidth than a game would.

You could also do a tracert to google.com to see if there are any high response times.
Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/191565-slow-speed-fast-speed-slow-speed.html
Relevancy 116.25%

I use Windows Vista SP2.I use the latest Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security(updated) and Malwarebytes (updated) and latest version of K9 web protection.I use IE9,Firefox 3.6.16 and Chrome 11.0 beta.I have a download speed of max 190-210 kBps and upload speed of 31-40 kBps.It has been working normally with fast surfing and downloading.Yesterday I saw a weird thing,I usually download through torrents.I saw my downloads are happening,but no sites are opening.Even Google was once or twice opening very slowly.So please tell me what is happening?

A:Extremely slow browsing speed but fast download speed????

Please click HERE to download and install HijackThis.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile from the Main Menu.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next reply.

IMPORTANT: Do not fix anything

If Windows is denying access to the Hosts file, disable the UAC and run HijackThis again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extremely-slow-browsing-speed-but-fast-download-speed.989278/
Relevancy 116.25%

Last week I have purchased a WD TB Green Drive as well as fast speed slow but write Green 2TB WD read has My speed a non-raid capable raid card Rosewill RC- since my older PC WinXP Celeron D GB RAM does not have SATA ports I have installed fresh drivers form Rosewills website even though they are not needed for non-raid configurations The PC recognized the card right away as well as the My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed HDD The write speeds are as expected however the read speeds are between KB and KB I cannot figure out why the read speeds do not exceed MB I have plugged the HDD as an external drive via USB and the read My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed write speeds are as expected Anyone knows why and how to fix it Update I have tried TB WD green drive -year old and it works as expected Update I have just spoken with Rosewill tech and he said that using PCI card and such a large drive it is expected to be slow Personally I believe it is B S You P S for moderators I have similar thread under storage and networking but it no longer applies as such issue Please delete it nbsp

A:My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed

The Rosewill card's transfer rate is "up to 1.5GB/s." The WD hard drive's is 3.0Gb/s. Perhaps if you set the jumper on the 5-6 pins to activate the 1.5GB/s rate per this instruction: Western Digital.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-2tb-wd-green-has-fast-write-speed-but-slow-read-speed.152655/
Relevancy 115.32%

hallo
i have a problem last 1 week.my downloas speed well..but browseing speed slow.i playing online games.watch movie. its soo low its too pain full.i cant under stand why?..i am from srilanka.internet line ADSL.. prolink router..512KB/s line..plz help me.

A:fast download speed but browseing speed slow.

Hi, welcome to this forum!

Please visit this site to measure the real speed of the connection. When done please post the results here.
Internet providers (who gives you the internet) usually make an offer of x speed internet but they only guarantee you to get much less. So the speed might change up and down sometimes. If the internet is still very slow please read the details of your agreement with the internet provider. But first give us the speed results from that site

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/190808-fast-download-speed-but-browseing-speed-slow.html
Relevancy 98.89%

I have 8 mbps connection wifi. when I test with speedtest.net I get download speed of 1 mbps on my laptop.
but we have 2 android phones and we get around 9 mbps speed on both the phones.
I gone through forums but could not get solution.

attached is screenshot of Wi-Fi inspector. please help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-speed-on-laptop-in-wifi-while-good-speed-on-mobile-phones.1154826/
Relevancy 98.89%

Only had this new pc a few weeks and it is so slow now after 3 blue screen of death crashes that caused this I think, I believe firefox caused. I am not sure how to read dump files to show you details of the BSOD. I am including details of my PC along with the hijack this log, my system is clean though according to antispyware and virus scans.

2GB DDRII RAM
VISTA ULTIMATE 32bit

I installed 64bit before this 32bit one on another partition of this HDD but cannot boot into it anymore at startup because this PC won't let me select it because it does not detect my keyboard in DOS mode for some weird reason.

Hijackthis log is attached file.

A:Snail Speed Pc At Times And Always Slow Internet Speed On Vista Ultimate

I found this helpful information on possible solutions, very familiar with errors on previous Microsoft operating systems. http://www.vandersluijs.nl/content/view/973/96/lang,enI uninstalled one of the suggested updates and so far it is fine, the update was only optional so no security threats. I think it has helped, not certain if it will be like a fresh install because windows is slower than it was two weeks ago. If 3 weeks is best windows can handle for being ready for a new install I may have to go back to Linux. I hope this thread can stay on this forum somewhere to help others follow the link I posted above for possible solutions to this problem, it will save them time and effort trying numerous things.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/108144/snail-speed-pc-at-times-and-always-slow-internet-speed-on-vista-ultimate/
Relevancy 98.89%

I am using mozilla firefox 2.0.0.9 and have wndows xp pro as OS.For last two days my net surfing experience is going very strange.My page loading speed is good but the download speed is very slow.When ever i download a file it downloads very slowly.The download speed has decrease about 4 times .I have my internet through siemens adsl sl2.141 modem and I login to my account through ppoe WAN password account.Can anybody help please?

A:Browsing/page Loading Speed Is Good But Downloading Speed Is Too Slow

Have you monitored your system with Windows Task Manager while downloading? If you determine Firefox is causing the problem, try safe mode and/or a new profile. Sometimes settings and/or extensions got corrupted leading to strange behavior. Standard diagnostic - Firefox

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/116144/browsingpage-loading-speed-is-good-but-downloading-speed-is-too-slow/
Relevancy 98.27%

Hi I have this very annoying problem [SOLVED] speed Upload slow High Very Very Download speed, and I'm really out of hopes I don't know what to do anymore I'll make a summary of [SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed the problem and will be as concise as possible So I have this Dell Inspiron N laptop with a broadband connection direct cable no router and weeks ago I reinstalled my Windows Everything went well until weeks ago when the internet speed went down dial-up like Pages won't load and if they do they load just partially I called my ISP and they said they had no problem I couldn't find any solution so I thought maybe some sort of virus or spyware is doing this so I formated the whole hard-disk and did a clean install of Windows Unfortunatelly nothing changed the download speed is the same Here is a speedtest net evaluation http www speedtest net result png Drivers are up to date no windows firewall no antivirus and no windows update The ISP support guy told me to deactivate IPv and IPv from Local Area Connection but nothing changed I did a TCP IP reset which raised my down speed to almost Mb but after a few minutes it went back to quot dial-up quot With the down speed being the same Speedtest sometimes shows me upload speed in between - Mb which is unbelievable I will make a ss next time I see this And the very weird thing is that I have another netbook pretty weak config Intel Atom CPU GB RAM and with the same cable it has normal speed the kind of speed I had on this Dell too Another weird thing is that the wireless connections work just fine and I've been to a friend of mine and used his broadband cable and it worked like a charm I would be very gratefull if someone could help me because I am really out of ideas and I used to consider myself an at least intermediate PC user Nou I'm feeling like a newbie Thank you Regards Alex

A:[SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

Lets first try this:

Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
Now click on Network and Internet and in this window click Internet options.
Now click on the connections tab and select the button to never dial a connection.
Now click Apply and click OK.

Try if this works

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-very-slow-download-speed-very-high-upload-speed-673369.html
Relevancy 98.27%

Hello, I just got this x360 Spectre i7 15.6" laptop and I love it, except for the speed at which things load on the browsers. I have high speed internet and ran a speed test and the speed is as it should. I've tried multiple browsers, and even though I have a very strong connection to my high speed internet, it takes forever to open up even a single website. I regularly wait anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes for the site to load. I just got this computer so haven't even saved any files or installed any programs onto it besides anti virus software. How can I resolve this very slow loading time? I'd hate to have to return this computer, but cannot stand to have to deal with these frustrations with a computer I paid $1300 for!! Please help! Katy

A:HP Spectre x360 - Slow browsing speed even with high speed i...

Hi @khealy23,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with slow download from internet. I will be glad to help you.Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit? Are you Wireless connected or Ethernet wired conneted? Please get back to me and I will help you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Spectre-x360-Slow-browsing-speed-even-with-high-speed/td-p/5557610
Relevancy 98.27%

Hi guys I hope you can help on this issue I ve been having with my internet connection I don t know what to do I resently formatted my harddrive because my internet all of a sudden started being very slow but after the format it s still the same issue Now I ve is Solved: fine... download Slow speed, speed upload tried plugging the connection line into my laptop and there there s no problem I am gettin a slower download than upload I have a mb download upload speed LAN connection I ran a speed test on the same connection and on my stationary it shows like kbs download and like kbs upload while on my laptop it shows like Mbs download and kbs upload so what s the problem So far I ve found out that it has nothing to do with the internet connection line or my NIC I tried a brand new one and it was the same issue it s not spyware or malware it s not fragmented and under internet connections it says that I m connected on a Mb network card and there are no problems with any of the devices However I can see that Solved: Slow download speed, upload speed is fine... if I open the job list the download connection is very unstable going from up to kb for a breif moment then falls to a halt at kb and moreover it says that I m not using any percent of the network I m on windows and haven t had any problems before this the rest of Solved: Slow download speed, upload speed is fine... the system works just fine but not the internet If I try and download something it won t get higher than like kb and then may stop altogether additional info Windows bit Asus M A AMD DDR Phenom II AMD Athlon AMD Phenom II x black Ghz W Mushkin DDR PC - GB CL kit SP Seagate Barracuda GB MB nbsp

Relevancy 98.27%

Help gt My browser connection speed dropped to about kb second after a power outage I just did a full format of the drive and a clean install of XP Pro No Antivirus or Firewall loaded yet XP Firewall is not enabled HiJackThis looks ok Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP v WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system telnet exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag just fine speed Browser Telnet speed connection SLOW exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - Browser connection speed SLOW Telnet speed just fine - e e Browser connection speed SLOW Telnet speed just fine dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d Browser connection speed SLOW Telnet speed just fine -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe -- End of file - bytes Have any idea why my Telnet connection is fine yet my Browsers don t hook up at the same speed emetib nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/browser-connection-speed-slow-telnet-speed-just-fine.686662/
Relevancy 97.65%

Is it better to have your cpu fan run slow or fast to get better temperature's?.

A:CPU fan speed, better fast or slow?

For one thing, your computer tends to be a little louder when your fan is running full out. As long as your cpu is running at normal specs, I would let it run using the bios or a third party application to control it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/211201-cpu-fan-speed-better-fast-slow.html
Relevancy 97.34%

Hello guys So I bought this kick-ass laptop from MSI It is pretty good These are the specs in case they aid in finding a solution to my problem Name MSI WorkStation Series GT OKWS- US OS Windows Professional bit CPU GHz Intel Core i - MQ Hard drive TB RPM GB Solid-State Drive Graphics NVIDIA Quadro K with change is speed How (Transfer I do speed? extremely slow) CD-ROM GB DDR VRAM Hard disk description SATA Optical Storage Device BD Burner Cache Memory installed size Problem statement I am trying to copy files from a DVD disc some GB of data using the CD-ROM on this laptop The transfer How do I change CD-ROM speed? (Transfer speed is extremely slow) speed is EXTREMELY LOW It starts with almost MB sec at first but then after seconds or so it gets down to KB sec The transfer was going to take approximately hours which is a lot for a laptop with specs like mine I tried to copy the same DVD to another laptop which had much lower specs than my MSI the approximated time was minutes I How do I change CD-ROM speed? (Transfer speed is extremely slow) tried to update CD-ROM but it told me that it was up to date Please help me guys Best regards

A:How do I change CD-ROM speed? (Transfer speed is extremely slow)

The Specs don't mean nothing buddy, however the specs of the DVD Driver do...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/344382-how-do-i-change-cd-rom-speed-transfer-speed-extremely-slow.html
Relevancy 97.34%

My wife has a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows Professional Bit GB Memory with Intel GHz Our ISP provider installed a new Router about four months ago and tested up and down speeds before they left Downloads were in the high s Mbps and uploads in the s Mbps I began to notice a couple of weeks ago that Internet access with either IE or Chrome seemed kind of Download speed, Slow speed fine Upload slow I ran speedof me and the best download speed is Mbps but usually around Mbps but the upload speeds are Slow Download speed, Upload speed fine still around Mbps I have an iPhone a Kindle Fire and a Toshiba laptop and have run speedof me on them right next to the Dell laptop and the speeds on all three are fine We use Norton Security and I ran the Power Eraser with nothing found Ran Malware Bytes and nothing of concern showed up Updated the wifi card driver from Dell as well as the driver for the Marvell Yukon Internet controller No Joy I would appreciate any suggestions you might have for me to try to speed her laptop I thank you in advance Lou

A:Slow Download speed, Upload speed fine

If you can run our wireless test from the page PCHF System Scans post results be sure to right click and run as administrator

http://www.pchelpforum.com/internet-and-email/130096-slow-download-speed-upload-speed-fine.html
Relevancy 97.34%

Recently my desktop has experienced very slow download speeds (~0.11 Mbps), however the upload speed appears to be in line (~2.0Mbps). These numbers are taken from Comcast's speed test (my ISP). It is obviously a problem with my PC because everything else on the network (PS3, Laptop) have great signals with no problems. I just recently reverted the Desktop back to its factory state, and everything was working fine for a couple of months.

The desktop in question uses Vista 32-bit and the Belkin Basic USB Wireless Adapter.

A:Very slow download speed, upload speed is fine

Welcome to TSG:
Run a speedtest here and see if the results are the same:
http://www.speedtest.net/
Then,boot up in safe mode with networking and see if the speed improves.Like so:
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm#03

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-slow-download-speed-upload-speed-is-fine.974049/
Relevancy 97.34%

Everything Opens up very slow web pages etc I have XP sp It's an HP Pavillion I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could Speed High Computer? Slow Internet, Speed examine my quot HijackThis quot file log below and tell me why is causing my computer to run slow as molassis Thank you so much and I'm looking forward to hearing from someone real soon Berzerker Logfile of High Speed Internet, Slow Speed Computer? Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C High Speed Internet, Slow Speed Computer? WINDOWS System svchost exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Comodo common CAVASpy cavasm exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFService exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C WINDOWS LTMSG exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFTray exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus CMain exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus Cavaud exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files interMute SpamSubtract SpamSub exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwsoemon exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavemsrv exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HiJackThis exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO mwsBar BHO - B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA - C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSBAR DLL O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar HP View - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpdtlk dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run CamMonitor c Prog... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/high-speed-internet-slow-speed-computer-189738.html
Relevancy 95.79%

Hello
I have a problem with my PC that has been bugging me for a long time.
My web browsing is painfully slow on some sites (SharePoint, sage, office 365, linked in etc. etc.),
But works fine for others (porn sites, YouTube, google search, eBay, Facebook etc. etc.).
It is really annoying as my PC isn?t that old, and isn?t a bad spec.
It?s really frustrating as it makes working a real pain.
Can anyone help please?
I really don?t know how to get this sorted?.
Thanks,
Sean.

A:Slow web browsing, but fast download speed - help!

Hello,

Is this a Home or Work computer since you've mentioned these programs - SharePoint, sage, office 365? Reason I ask, we use SharePoint at work, Sage is an ERP software and so as Office 365.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/293408-slow-web-browsing-but-fast-download-speed-help.html
Relevancy 95.79%

Okay so i know this most likely isn t my internet provide i have high speed internet from charter i know they are not the best but more on that later with actually download Internet inconsistent usually sometimes fast; slow speed speeds tested online around - mbps on average i keep my computer pretty clean running smart defrag cleaning the disk anti virus only have programs running in the background that are needed have increased my virtual memory and also use readyboost with a gb flashdrive that i Internet speed usually slow sometimes fast; inconsistent allow to use all the flashdrive memory as quot ram quot memory so i think this has be something below the surface and that i cannot handle on my own i do not Internet speed usually slow sometimes fast; inconsistent think it is my internet provider because i have to roommates that Internet speed usually slow sometimes fast; inconsistent have computers mac and they have no problem usually with the internet when i say usually i mean they have problems sometimes maybe - times weekly where i have problems at least - times a day if you need any other information i willing to provide it or run diagnostics as long as you tell me how please help me i am not a computer idiot i have a decent understanding and could really use some good help thanks Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Inc U A BSN Antivirus SymantecAntiVirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Internet speed usually slow sometimes fast; inconsistent

To be honest, unless your computer is running very badly it will not have a dramatic effect on the speed of your net connection. With having other people connected to the same internet connection the only way to run accurate speed tests is to ensure they aren't using the connection at the same time for any downloads etc....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-usually-slow-sometimes-fast-inconsistent.1018350/
Relevancy 95.79%

On my new computer the download speed broadband is the crawl of fast 1 speed on on computer Slow download others? Mb sec using speedtest net At the time of test the computer was doing no 'work' I noticed this slowness when downloading a driver update which was at Mb sec Another time when downloading a program it was at Mb sec Now it is a consistent Mbps At the same time Slow download speed on 1 computer fast on others? of the test on three other computers all using the same tester the same ISP the same router the same telephone line in the same house the speed is Mb sec which is the usual speed here The fact that they all use XP and have differing hardware should make no difference I think - if I'm wrong I can supply those details This new computer has a much higher specification than the others but again would this make a difference I have done virus and malware scans Can anyone explain what could be causing this and how I can fix this please I can't think of any other relevant info to include at this point OS XP Pro PC Tools AV Zone Alarm Pro

A:Slow download speed on 1 computer fast on others?

Concentrate on the link between your computer and the router. Replace the cable if it is a wired connection. Use the cable from one of the working systems to test. Also use the same port as one of the fast systems.

If no change, swap the network card or check for updated drivers or chipset drivers if the ethernet connector is on the mainboard
Your router may also have QOS settings that give priority to one or more computers based on ip or MAC address.

Are all the computers wired connections?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/304208/slow-download-speed-on-1-computer-fast-on-others/
Relevancy 95.79%

I ve been having this problem for days now I tests fast Torrents speed slow have a Mbps downstream kbps upstream dsl connection and noticed that webpages were opening noticeably slower and streaming video took ages to load Torrents fast speed tests slow All speed tests I run show that I get around - kbps downstream even though my upstream is normal at around kbps I know it is not my computer or browser since I ve tried the tests on other computers in my house I contacted my isp and they tested my phone line Torrents fast speed tests slow and said it was ok They even changed the modem but it didn t help I tried to connect using my isp s modem with router functionality and also as a bridge with my own router but I get the same results The problem started happening overnight without any changes to any configuration in my home computers or the network Today I noticed that I get much higher speeds almost full bandwidth when downloading torrents but as I said videos take forever to load and all speedtests show a very low downstream speed Anybody know what could be causing this I suspect that it is a problem with my isp perhaps with port but they say that everything shows up as normal on their side nbsp

A:Torrents fast speed tests slow

DSL has issues with speed. I use to have 1.5mbps, then 3mbps and 5mbps. I even bypass the way DSL works in the home. You can do the same but take some time to do. Most you can get out of that is a much stronger signal. You tap into the main phone line that comes in like through a basement before it hits the phone. I use CAT5e with a phone jack box ran that to another phone jack box with a modular connector. That connector would use ultra phone line cable based on Cat 5e but for phone data. That would go to your DSL modem. It worked well. Now that I am cable modem I'll never go back to DSL.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/torrents-fast-speed-tests-slow.145008/
Relevancy 95.48%

DDS logs DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Aldrin Domingo at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated EA - D C- DFB- - E E F F SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated C BB - B - - A - B A B B Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files speed - Slow test net Infected ok speed, in but NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows vmsnap exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x Infected - Slow net speed, but ok in speed test Garena Plus ggdllhost exe C Program Files x Infected - Slow net speed, but ok in speed test Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NetService NvNetworkService exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files x Photodex ProShow Gold ScsiAccess exe C Users Aldrin Domingo AppData Local Akamai netsession win exe C Program Files x uTorrent uTorrent exe C Users Aldrin Domingo AppData Local Akamai netsession win exe C Program Files x Samsung Kies Kies exe C Program Files x Internet Download Manager IDMan exe C Program Files x Garena Plus GarenaMessenger exe C Program Files x Secunia PSI PSIA exe C Program Files x Secunia PSI psi tray exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x Software Print PDF PrnPack exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Samsung Kies KiesTrayAgent exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe C Program Files x Internet Download Manager IEMonitor exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files x Secunia PSI sua exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe C CherryDeGames Dragon Nest DragonNest exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uSearch Page hxxp www goog... Read more

A:Infected - Slow net speed, but ok in speed test

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===--RogueKiller--Download & SAVE to your Desktop For 32bit system or For 64bit system Quit all programs that you may have started.Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan!For Vista or Windows 7, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"For Windows XP, double-click to start.Wait until Prescan has finished ...Then Click on "Scan" buttonWait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"click on "delete"Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished"Click on "Report" and copy/paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your DesktopExit/Close RogueKiller+=======Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).===Download the correct version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.Let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529174/infected-slow-net-speed-but-ok-in-speed-test/
Relevancy 95.48%

hi,

My motherboard has a usb 2.0 in it and when I put my thumbstick into it this ballon comes up saying High speed USB plugged into Slow speed usb hub how can I fix this?

Relevancy 94.86%

Hi, my problem is that i have low download speed and fast upload speed. My brother have 17 download speed and 16 upload speed on wifi (he have also notebook) and i have download speed 2,5 and upload speed 16. We were trying speedtest.net at the same time. http://www.speedtest.net/result/4038336205.png

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:lenovo U510 low download speed fast upload speed

hi Delian

Thanks for Posting!

try checking these

Change Encryption Support
Right-Click on the Wi-fi signal icon on the lower right corner of the screen, Select Open Network and Sharing Center.
Cick on your Wireless network on the main page.

3. Click on Wireless Properties.4. Click on Security Tab.5. If applicable, change the Encryption type to TKIP and test.

Then check the Speed again.

Let me know your findings
Cheers!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/lenovo-U510-low-download-speed-fast-upload-speed/td-p/1846555
Relevancy 94.86%

Hi; I have a Dynalink router and on plan which I get really nice speeds for me (downloads a few megabytes a second), using Windows XP via ethernet.
However as soon as a laptop is also plugged in also via ethernet and streams videos, the internet on my Windows XP computer is so slow, web pages can barely open.
Is there anyone to somehow make both of them at least able to both use the internet? What's the problem? Thanks in advance for any help

A:Internet Speed; Fast but as soon as shared, drops down to unusable speed

However as soon as a laptop is also plugged in also via ethernet and streams videos,Click to expand...

sounds like the laptop is hogging all the bandwidth

what speed do you actually have - via www.speedtest.net ?

what happens if the laptop is connected and not streaming videos - it may also have a number of downloads - updates running in the background

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-fast-but-as-soon-as-shared-drops-down-to-unusable-speed.1071015/
Relevancy 94.55%

I have two HP Minis amp browsing speed internet HP but Minis-slow fast - DX that are both slow browsing the internet but have very fast internet connection speeds nbsp I have done all the performance tips possible I believe Upgraded RAM to GB on both devices Upgraded wireless adapters to N cards Upgraded HDDs to RPM HP Minis-slow browsing but fast internet speed Adjusted Windows Advanced Settings to Best Performance Ensured all drivers are latest Use Google Chrome all extensions removed hardware eacceleration nbsp disabled latest revision checked cache cleared etc Microsoft Edge is even slower Internet HP Minis-slow browsing but fast internet speed speeds per Speedtest net average about - Mbps download Mbps uploadRun browser with no other open programs apps Tested processors Intel Atoms with Intel Diagnostic Tool all PASS So I've been at a loss why web browsing is so slow Some simpler web pages load okay - seconds while a more graphic intense sight like the nfl nbsp site nbsp or YouTube takes - seconds to load Sometimes even more Even trying to scroll down a page causes buffering to start and the wait can be the same - seconds or more nbsp Is it that these Intel Atom processors simply can't handle the work Perhaps the graphics can't handle the web pages I do notice that the CPUs will max out at when opening Chrome But even when CPU settles down to less than web browsing is still very slow I have other devices with seemingly lesser hardware and they work fine Even devices with g adapters less CPU GHz etc browse normally Why is it that these two Minis are the slow ones nbsp Any help or simply insight is greatly appreciated I'd love to hear if any other Mini owners have no problem with web browsing and perhaps what your set ups are like

A:HP Minis-slow browsing but fast internet speed

Ok, a little weird replying to my own question, but I think I found something that may help others with this issue. I went into Device Manager>Network Adapters>"wireless" (depending upon your adapter)>Properties, then into Advanced using the Advanced tab.My Receive and Transmission Buffer settings were at "256"; I changed them to 512 (max allowed), clicked "OK". I also changed the "AdHoc Mode" to 11n from 11b. I then restarted the Mini 2102. I noticed an immediate web browsing speed increase. I would not call it blazing, but pretty close to what would be "normal" browsing speeds.The "Buffer" settings regulate and limit how much memory the network adapter can use. I noticed a jump in memory usage for Google Chrome, but the overall usage was at max about 60% of the 2GB installed.So far this has been the most dramatic performance increase for web browsing. Even more so  than upgrading the wireless card from "g" to "n:I hope this may help someone else with this issue. Let me know if it does help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Minis-slow-browsing-but-fast-internet-speed/td-p/5792993
Relevancy 94.55%

Lenovo T P Win Wireless Connection Slow Loads Internet Fast Speed - Page Router Linksys WRT G I installed Comodo s Firewall and during installation I accepted to install the Secure DNS too Afterward I noticed my web-pages loaded slower than usual They weren t extremely slow but definitely slower than what I ve been accustomed I tried some Fast Internet Speed - Slow Page Loads OPENDNS servers and others to see if it made any difference but it didn t I also went to my router s setup page http so I could manually add the previously mentioned DNS servers I finally decided to revert back to my old DNS list To disable using the Comodo DNS servers I did the following Wireless Fast Internet Speed - Slow Page Loads Network Connection Properties- gt Internet Protocol Ver TCP Fast Internet Speed - Slow Page Loads IPv - gt Properties - gt Select quot Obtain DNS server address automatically quot I also went into to my router s setup page http to set my DNS list to zeros so that I can get back my default ISP s DNS servers However website loading is still sluggish I thought the issue might just be a temporary hiccup from my ISP but my roommate doesn t have these issues We tried a speed test at dslreports com and the results were weird On my laptop the results were Kb s with a ms latency I was ft away from my router His results were Kb s with a ms latency and he was ft away from the router Is the latency a major issue Any ideas or suggestions Thank you nbsp

A:Fast Internet Speed - Slow Page Loads

Problem solved. I uninstalled Comodo's firewall and presto everything is back to normal. Duuuuh ... Gonna stick to Win 7's built-in firewall to work along side my router's.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fast-internet-speed-slow-page-loads.976715/
Relevancy 94.55%

Hello I need to ask for your advice here I have browsed this forum but none of it helped so far I am running two operation systems on my Macbook via boot camp Original MacOSX and Win I am using my school internet via LAN MacOsX Slow speed under Win7/Fast under download in the campus where I live When I do the speed test in macosx it shows around - MBit s but when I do the same test on my Windows it never shows more than Mbit s Upload speed is the same under both systems I tried to reinstall Windows use different drivers windows one the original one from apple bootcamp and the updated one from new bootcamp for my nforce LAN card but none of it helped I also tried to switch off firewall but that was not Slow download speed under Win7/Fast under MacOsX the issue I found a couple of things with registry and settings here but as I say still the same I don't want to get rid of this system but I have no more ideas of what to try Please if you know about anything that might help I would appreciate your advice Thanks

A:Slow download speed under Win7/Fast under MacOsX

Sorry I don't have a real answer, but could you post what you get under XP?
I am thinking this is related to TCP/IPv6 so you might try disabling it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/77398-slow-download-speed-under-win7-fast-under-macosx.html
Relevancy 94.55%

Hello all Have been searching for days trying to figure my problem but can t find the solution ISP provides us with mb s download speed Both COLOR blue important COLOR blue important Toshiba COLOR blue important laptops COLOR COLOR COLOR used to be able to attain this but after reinstalling windows xp on this laptop it can only achieve mb s The other laptop will get mb s whether connected wired or wireless For the life of me cannot figure what has changed I have installed all windows updates including SP and updated Solved: Slow Download Fast One Other Speed Laptop all drivers via Toshiba and Intel websites It uses the Intel b g network card and the router is a motorola sbg Here is what I have done so far Connecting wired will achieve mb s so it has something to do Solved: Download Speed Fast One Laptop Slow Other with the wireless setup Have tried connecting to router with WPA WPA and no encryption but makes no difference Testing right beside the Solved: Download Speed Fast One Laptop Slow Other router or ft away makes no difference Have uninstalled reinstalled network card but made no difference Any suggestions would be much appreciated Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 94.55%

Ram: 8gigs DDR3
CPU: i3 3,30
Router: Linksy E900
ISp: Columbus Communications/FLOW
Download Speed : 15mbs(ookla) 2 Upload
Issue:
All browsers download at less than 10kbs from any site( Sites tested from Microsoft, Gigabye,Nvidia)Torrents are the same speed.
Download speed on Steam 50kbs
Download speed on Glyph(Trion Worlds Game client) 1.66mbs
Steps taken:
Ran:
Super Antispyware
Adwarecleaner
Avast anitvirus
Malwarebytes
no results on any
restarted computer modem and router, upgraded Linksy e900 firmware
Contacted ISP no solution and they claim once they are providing the 15mbs thats all they can deal with
Can use some help here please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fast-internet-speed-slow-downloads-on-browsers.1157104/
Relevancy 93.93%

Greetings all hope you are doing fine Situation - I have a Mb DSL connection - Speed while downloading a file using Internet Download Manager is between - KB sec - Browsing streaming speed is between - KB sec - Speed while downloading a file using any browser is between - KB sec - Downloaded the TCP Optimizer and applied the Optimal settings Did not solve the issue - Followed the instruction here gt gt http www speedguide net articles w -tweaks- Did not solve the issue - TCP Analyzer is saying that my MTU is but in my router and in my NIC it is - Speed Test in Safe Mode can sometimes yield better results - Tried disabling all start-up items Did not solve the issue My setup OS Windows x NIC Atheros AR AR AR Router SMC WBRA Connection Type Ethernet ----------------------------------------------- Speed Test Results SpeedGuide net TCP Analyzer Results Tested on IP address xx xx proxy Client OS browser Windows Chrome TCP options string c MSS MTU TCP Window NOT multiple of download speed Fast browsing/streaming low speed, MSS RWIN Scaling bits Unscaled RWIN Recommended RWINs BDP limit ms kbps KBytes s BDP limit ms kbps KBytes s MTU Discovery ON TTL Timestamps OFF SACKs ON IP ToS ------------------------------------------------ Thanks nbsp

A:Fast download speed, low browsing/streaming speed

Set the MTU in the router itself to 1492

Analyzer is saying that my MTU is 1460, but in my router and in my NIC it is 1500Click to expand...

the normal value for DSL is 1492, and 1460 is INVALID = = must be a multiple of 8.

Manually set {1472 or 1464} in the router.

The article cited has good info but I would opt for all the defaults.

restore:

netsh int tcp set heuristics enabled
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled

see this article to set SackOpts=1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fast-download-speed-low-browsing-streaming-speed.192638/
Relevancy 93.62%

I ve recently got a new laptop because my old one broke the internet speed on my old one was completely fine but my new laptop is ridiculously slow it barely loads youtube videos or facebook photos and takes a long time to go from page to page i have a wireless connection with virgin broadband paying for mb speed so i dont see why it would run slow all my internet my when slow have why so is flatmates signal speed and is i fast? full flatmates laptops are running as normal and im the closest to the router its a new laptop samsung with an intel core why is my internet speed so slow when i have full signal and flatmates is fast? i processor and windows any help appreciated its so frustrating have an older laptop thats internet speed was faster than a new one ive taken it into and its the same there very slow loading half the time the pages wont ive tried streaming things at like in the morning but same story sometimes it loads sometimes it why is my internet speed so slow when i have full signal and flatmates is fast? doesnt my flatmate in the next room has a perfectly fast running internet connection i have no apps running apart from google chrome nbsp

A:why is my internet speed so slow when i have full signal and flatmates is fast?

How does it work with an ethernet connection?

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver. If it is an integrated adapter get the driver from the laptop manufacturer's web site.

What security application(s)?

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista or 7.

Start - All Programs - Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-is-my-internet-speed-so-slow-when-i-have-full-signal-and-flatmates-is-fast.1050270/
Relevancy 93.62%

I have two Windows 7 Laptops that connect to a Motorola SURFboard eXtreme cable modem SB6121. Suddenlink (cable provider) recently upgraded our network which gives 50 MPS speeds or more. I can only get 50 MPS when I disable wireless on my laptop and connect with a direct cable. Otherwise I get 20 MPS maximum speed. I borrowed a Windows 8 PC this weekend and was getting 51 MPS speed using wireless through the same modem. Any ideas of what could be causing this issue?

A:Windows 7 internet speed slow on wireless, but fast on wired

Maybe that`s all the wireless card can do, post the exact make and model of the windows 7 laptop and we`ll look into it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/360358-windows-7-internet-speed-slow-wireless-but-fast-wired.html
Relevancy 93.62%

I just bought a new modem to replace the one I am renting from Comcast (Motorola SB6120: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16825122009). I have been using an Encore (EHH-WI-G) 802.11g 54Mbps router.

I got everything hooked up last night and I noticed that when I was hooked up directly to the modem (ethernet), my internet was super fast. When I hooked up the wireless router and accessed the internet through it, my speed was noticeably slower. I used speedtest.net to see what my speeds were like:

Wired to modem: download 50+ Mbps (I don't know how in the world it read this high...I'm not even paying for these speeds from Comcast)

Wireless through router: download only around 5 Mbps

Can someone explain this to me? Is there a setting on my router that is restricting the speed in some way?

A:Internet speed - via wireless router (slow) vs. via modem (fast)

Have you tried downloading files in both wireless & wired what speed did u get in both modes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-speed-via-wireless-router-slow-vs-via-modem-fast.155846/
Relevancy 89.9%

Hi All I hope Speed Less Torrent Speed Than Download Speed Browser but Upload Superb someone out there can help me with this problem I am using a laptop in Cambodia and connecting to my ISP Viettel via a G Dongle Huewai E The ISP is a Vietnamese company and the customer support via their Cambodian subsidiary Metfone is effectively zero Here are my system details Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R M CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard DIXONSXP ref NO G -yymmdd-DI- - -FF-FF Browser Download Speed Less Than Upload Speed but Torrent Speed Superb Antivirus avast Internet Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled G Dongle Huawei E signal - Blue lights on dongle - Mbits s capable I use Avast Internet Security and Comodo Firewall I have no viruses etc indicated by Avast Browser Firefox My problem is with the download speed when using Firefox tried IE and same slow speed When I run speedtest net I get a download speed of between and Mbits s and the pages take annoyingly long to download I have communicated with others on forums in Cambodia who are getting to Mbits s when browsing using the same dongle and when I run my Vuze torrent downloader I also achieve to Mbits s So I know these speeds are achievable through my dongle in my present location but something is blocking my browser from attaining these speeds I have attached two screen shots The first shows my computer downloading torrents at over Mbits s with no other applications running The second shows me having closed the torrent downloads and opened up firefox and run speedtest net showing me chugging along at Mbits s I am at best an intermediate user but willing to follow instructions and provide any other info that might resolve this problem Thanks in advance for all help with this matter Snookybiker nbsp

Relevancy 88.97%

My utorrent has recently been downloading at very low speed (>5Kbps) even the net speed is fast and the no. of seeders and leechers is also very high (600 around) but sometimes it reaches to around 200Kbps
I really need a solution about it

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/383657-utorrent-has-very-low-speed-even-net-speed-fast.html
Relevancy 84.01%

Hi My internet speed is consistently are Internet Fast Broswers Internet but Slow Speed is fast - mbps but Chrome and IE sometime run slow sometimes For instance I'll be browsing Yahoo fine for a couple minutes but then I'll try to open another tab to do a Google search and the browser will stall for about a Internet Broswers are Slow but Internet Speed is Fast minute before loading that page Or I could click a link on a webpage and the browser will stall and show a blank white page for Internet Broswers are Slow but Internet Speed is Fast a minute Loading the content on a webpage usually takes close to the normal amount of time it just stalls before hand It doesn't happen every time I click something but it happens often enough to be a nuisance Last night I went under settings and did Referesh your PC which is supposed to restore defaults and delete installed apps but the problem is still here EDIT-- Here's an example Everything usually stalls at the same time but not always Just now Gmail stalled for minutes but I was still able to open a new tab and complete a Google search However when I tried opening a new tab and going to Gmail that way that tab stalled too

A:Internet Broswers are Slow but Internet Speed is Fast

I get that too sometimes, it is clearly caused by your computer (and in my case my computer) not your connection. I have ti with chrome but not IE, because i never open IE to check it. I have windos 8 so we have similar experiences in several respects. Mine haven't been as bad as yours lasting only 30 seconds or so at worst. I think this is due to large processes running in task manager and hogging memory/processor capacity. The only things i can advise is to: see if there are any large processes running under the details tab of task manager which should not be running, scan with your antivirus and with malwarebytes (there is a free version)to check that the cause isn't a virus of some sort, see if any startup items can be safely disabled (this can be done from a feature within the program CCleaner from piriform) and try clearing your temp files (CCleaner can also do this) and browsing history along with deleting any junk you have in the recycle bin and deleting old files you no longer need/uninstalling old programs you no longer need. When using CCleaner be VERY CAREFUL not to disable startup items without first verifying they are safe to stop (check google) and NEVER use it's registry tools (anything that attempts to "clean" the registry can damage your system). One other thing that might help you is disbaling add-ons in the browser and making plugins "clcik to play" rather than running automatically, doing this will mean there is less content to load so loading will be faster.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/557088/internet-broswers-are-slow-but-internet-speed-is-fast/
Relevancy 83.39%

So, I've been trying to fix this problem for months. I have two Maxtor hard drives on the primary IDE channel, one's a 120 Gb(master) and an 80Gb(Slave). Both of them write at about 1.8 Mb/sec and read at a normal rate. I've put a new ribbon cable in it, checked the jumpers, Windows says they're running in UDMA mode 6.

Both hard drives can't be bad, so I've ruled that out for now. I honestly don't remember when they first started running slow, but at least 6 months. I did a reformat about a year ago, and I think it was working well then, but that's a while ago and I just don't remember thinking it was slow at the time anyway.

Specs:
Windows XP -SP3
AthlonXP 3200+
2 Gb Corsair Ram
120 & 80 Gb Maxtors
450 watt PSU

Thanks

Relevancy 82.15%

Hello I have a few problems that i would kindly need some help to fixFirstly i have been and idiot and tried cracking stuff yes i am sorry and i shall now buy worthy products As a result i believe For Slow Speed Slow Very 256k, Very Laggy When Up, Internet Very Tasking Multi Start i have had my internet speed hijacked is this possible and i need urgent help on removing these viruses I also recieve an annoying icon at the bottom of right hand Internet Speed Very Slow For 256k, Very Slow Start Up, Very Laggy When Multi Tasking corner which reads Virus Alert and then is followed by a small pop up box which reads Your computer is infected Possible harmful infection was detected on your PCThe system will now download and install the most efficentspyware removal program to prevent private data loss andyour identity theft Click here to protect your PC from the biggest spyware threats Here is my HijackThis log Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS System Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Sygate SPF smc Internet Speed Very Slow For 256k, Very Slow Start Up, Very Laggy When Multi Tasking exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system Internet Speed Very Slow For 256k, Very Slow Start Up, Very Laggy When Multi Tasking Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeC Program Files Intel NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC WINDOWS VM STI EXEC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exeC PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM MMDiag exeC Program Files Eset nod kui exeC Program Files SpyFalcon SpyFalcon exeC Program Files Panicware Pop-Up Stopper Free Edition PSFree exeC WINDOWS System ctfmon exeC Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Application Launcher Application Launcher exeC Program Files SpyFalcon SpyFalcon exeC Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mim exeC Program Files LightSurf Common IconMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared CapabilityManager exeC Program Files LightSurf Colorific hgcctl exeC Program Files LightSurf Color Indicator TICIcon exeC Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared Generic exeC Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Mobile Phone Monitor epmworker exeC Program Files Eset nod krn exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exeC WINDOWS system ahfp exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Eset nod exeC Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXEC Documents and Settings TEMP Desktop HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page www google comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL www google comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page www google comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page www google comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page www google comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page www google comO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocxO - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeO - HKLM Run PRONoMgr exe C Program Files Intel NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exeO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run BigDogPath C WINDOWS VM ... Read more

A:Internet Speed Very Slow For 256k, Very Slow Start Up, Very Laggy When Multi Tasking

Did you follow the instructions here:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43659/how-to-remove-spyfalcon-removal-instructions/If not please do so and then post a new hjt log as a reply to this topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/46952/internet-speed-very-slow-for-256k-very-slow-start-up-very-laggy-when-multi-tasking/
Relevancy 81.53%

Few days ago Suddenly My Windows XP started operating very slow I uninstalled some program such as AVG PC TUNEUP to reduce the load on the system I also checked my Task Manager for pointing out memory eating processes but found none My CPU Usage was dribbling around to But PFUsage was near MB Then I started searching for virus Scanned with AVG Avast Zemana Hitman PRO Antimalwarebytes several times When they didn't solve the problem I gave a repair installation of my system to see what happens It fixed the problem But started again after some moment I gave the repair installation once again and its running smoothly now I did some search over net and found out this problem speed Very XP file with slow Windows slow internal copy can be connected to my harddrive I scanned my Harddrive with HDDScan Crystal Disk Info They both showed error for Very slow Windows XP with slow internal file copy speed Current pending errors count Num - vlaue - worst - RAW hex - E - Thershold Uncountable errors count Num - vlaue - worst - RAW hex - F Very slow Windows XP with slow internal file copy speed - Thershold UltraDMA CRC errors Num - vlaue - worst - RAW hex - - Thershold System Specification OS Windows xp Professional Processor Intel Pentium reg Dual Core RAM GB Motherboard Foxconn G MX-F Harddisk GB Western Digital WDC WD AAJS- YZCA SATA I want advise on what should I do now

A:Very slow Windows XP with slow internal file copy speed

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy,  taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.
   Go to Piriform's website, and download the free version on the left.  Click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version. You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.
    After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):
     Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot. You will see the following prompt:
     Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/625519/very-slow-windows-xp-with-slow-internal-file-copy-speed/
Relevancy 81.53%

Hi came home the other night to find babysitter had been watching Orange Is The New Black via a free tv website and not used BBC iplayer or OD catch-up as suggested Since then computer very slow to start-up hangs occasionally when at desktop and fan once startup, speed very high slow processing slow and to started, fan speed very fast for no very slow to startup, once started, high fan speed and slow processing obvious reason I'm running Windows Home basic on a Dell with Gb RAM and have had Comodo Internet Security Premium free running smoothly for about a year I've checked the Task Manager and nothing unexpected is running I've performed a full scan with Comodo AV and Malwarebytes but nothing has been found Please find my DDS log below Any help much appreciated DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by Owner at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT AV COMODO Antivirus Disabled Updated B CC D -B -E DC- -DD BCDC C SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP COMODO Antivirus Disabled Updated C D - D-EE - A -E A FW COMODO Firewall Enabled F F -FE -E - B C- A E FB Running Processes C Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cmdagent exeC Windows system svchost exe very slow to startup, once started, high fan speed and slow processing -k NetworkServiceC Windows system atiesrxx exeC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf amd neutral cbec a d cf STacSV exeC Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroupC Program Files Sandboxie SbieSvc exeC Windows system atieclxx exeC Windows system WLANExt exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exeC Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf amd neutral cbec a d cf AESTSr exeC Windows system taskhost exeC Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Program Files x STMicroelectronics Accelerometer InstallFilterService exeC Program Files IIS Microsoft Web Deploy MsDepSvc exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files x STMicroelectronics Accelerometer FF Protection exeC Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security CisTray exec Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL SQLEXPRESS MSSQL Binn sqlservr exeC Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exeC Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup sftservice EXEc Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exeC Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cis exeC Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cavwp exeC Windows system svchost exe -k SDRSVCC Windows explorer exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Windows System svchost exe -k swprvC Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cis exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blankBHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllBHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllBHO Windows Live Messenger Companion Helper FDDE B- ... Read more

A:very slow to startup, once started, high fan speed and slow processing

Greetings whattodo2 and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that. ===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started ===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. While I review our situation please run the below for me.===================================================Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)--------------------Download Farbar Recover Scan Tool for either 32 bit or 64 bit systems and save it to your desktop <<< ImportantIf you are unsure if you have 32 bit or 64 bit simply download and try one. If that doesn't run properly the other one shouldDouble click the iconClick Yes to the disclaimerMake sure the Addition.txt box is checkedClick Scan and allow the program to runClick OK on the Scan complete screen, then OK on the Addition.txt pop up screen2 Notepad documents should now be open on your desktop.Please copy and paste the contents of both in your reply===================================================System Summary Information--------------------Press the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same timeType msinfo32 and press EnterLeft click on System SummaryClick File, Save, and name the file SummaryZip and attach the file to your reply===================================================Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste any requested log information unless you are asked to attach it. FRST resultsAddition logSyst... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544886/very-slow-to-startup-once-started-high-fan-speed-and-slow-processing/
Relevancy 80.6%

guys please help me , it happens when ever i want. i speed test from speedtest.net and i get speed 0.89 mbps ( which is good for me) but if i download something , down speed is 2 kb. if i play a video it buffes so slowly that it takes ahour.

1 thing more, this happened few days ago on my laptop, so i started using internet on my pc , this this stopped and i got high speed.. but now after some days it has started again

A:Speed test gives vey good speed but down speed is just 2-3 kb

Quote: Originally Posted by Hassnain

guys please help me , it happens when ever i want. i speed test from speedtest.net and i get speed 0.89 mbps ( which is good for me) but if i download something , down speed is 2 kb. if i play a video it buffes so slowly that it takes ahour.

1 thing more, this happened few days ago on my laptop, so i started using internet on my pc , this this stopped and i got high speed.. but now after some days it has started again

When comparing speeds, remember to divide your speedtest result by 8. 0.89 mbps is around 101KBps.

Download speeds depend on many factors, inclduing the modem/router, traffic through your ISP at the time, and the type of download, just to name a couple.

What type of download is it? Are they torrents? These can often be slow.

Are downloads slow from everywhere?

You mentioned video buffering; Do you have downloads going at the same time that you are trying to view a video? Are there other people sharing your connection (eg other family members)?

You didn't say if you had tried rebooting the router/modem, or if you had been in contact with your ISP. These would be among the first things to try.

As you haven't stated what you have tried, I'm going to assume none of the following have been tried. Apologies if you have tried/tested the following.

If you plug a phone into the same wall socket at your modem do hear any noise/static or is is sound quality very poor or low volume? These might indicate physical line problems, which your Telco would need to address.

It's also possible the equipment at your local exchange is in need of a reboot. This is often referred to as a "Port reset". Your ISP can do this for you.

Other things you can try is replacing the phone and ethernet cable (if you are connected by cable), or replacing the line filter if you have one. If you have multiple devices on your phone line remove everything except your modem/router.

If you have a DSL connection you know that the speeds will vary dramatically from one hour to the next. But 2KBps is poor in any situation.

Have you tried doing ping and tracert to various sites? You ISP may want this information to place a fault report with your telco.

copy and paste results into an email to your ISP

ping www.google.com -t (Stop it after a minute or so).
ping www.yahoo.com -t (Stop it after a minute or so).

tracert www.google.com

See how you go with the above. Get back to us if you get no joy from your ISP/Telco.

hth
Tanya

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/253197-speed-test-gives-vey-good-speed-but-down-speed-just-2-3-kb.html
Relevancy 110.08%

Hello I just been getting slow internet speed high pings in games tried turning of firewall opening ports the whole lot nothing worked and a laggy browser I know something is wrong i would just like someone to take a look at the logs and go from there thanks in advance DDS Ver - /slow browser slow speed Getting internet - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by tom at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT AV AVG Internet Getting slow internet speed /slow browser Security Enabled Updated A B -DEE -F A-FBCD-ADB C F SP AVG Internet Security Enabled Updated E A -F D -F D -C D- C DBE F D SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- Getting slow internet speed /slow browser E -DA C ACF FW AVG Firewall Disabled CC - -F -D - E EA B Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files Sandboxie SbieSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgfws exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows System XSrvSetup exe C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files NetLimiter nlsvc exe C Windows system IoctlSvc exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe C Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe C Program Files Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater ToolbarUpdater exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files NEC Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Application nusb mon exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe C Program Files Internet Download Manager IDMan exe C Program Files Sandboxie SbieCtrl exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Windows system svchost exe -k HPService C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Windows explorer exe C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Users tom AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users tom AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users tom AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users tom AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users tom AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users tom AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users tom AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system NOTEPAD EXE C Users tom AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files AVG AVG AVGIDSAgent exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgemcx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Windows system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files AVG... Read more

A:Getting slow internet speed /slow browser

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:[list]Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.For complete or visual instructions on installing and running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware please read this linkPost back with the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware log once it's complete.===Please download ComboFix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop. For information regarding this download, please visit this web page: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofixLink 1Link 2* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your DesktopIMPORTANT....1. Close any open browsers.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.3. Do not install any other programs until this if fixed.How to : Disable Anti-virus and Firewall...http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlDouble click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts. When finished, it will produce a report for you. Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt Note:Do not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.html===Third party programs if not up to date can be the cause infiltration of an infection.Please run this security check for my review.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.===Note: If after running ComboFix you get t... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454341/getting-slow-internet-speed-slow-browser/
Relevancy 110.08%

Purchased Windows 8 Pro with a new computer system, an HP Envy, last week for work.

Have a dedicated 20 down and 20 up connection that is functioning at speed.

Loading internet pages with Windows 8 is incredibly slow. Had the very same connection with a 7 year old HP using Windows XP and the speed blew this away.

Help?

A:Slow Slow internet speed with Windows 8

Slow pages are usually a sign of a dns problem. How do you have DNS configured? Are you using a gateway or router of some kind? Is that configured properly?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/12462-slow-slow-internet-speed-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 110.08%

It quot hurts to type this so bear with me I haven't done anything real new lately I have done many scans for spyware viruses malware you name it and defrags and cleans My hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform speed! VERY typing Slow Performance slow Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS Slow Performance VERY slow typing speed! system Slow Performance VERY slow typing speed! services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files AT amp T AT amp T Internet Security Suite Fws exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Spyware Doctor SDTrayApp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exe C Program Files Common Files Authentium AntiVirus dvpapi exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe Slow Performance VERY slow typing speed! C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C Program Files CA PPRT bin ITMRTSVC exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor svcntaux exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor swdsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Wavexpress TVTonic WXRSS exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files AT amp T AT amp T Internet Security Suite RPS exe C Program Files AT amp T Internet Security Wizard ISWComHandler exe C Program Files AT amp T AT amp T Internet Security Suite rpsupdaterR exe C PROGRA Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files PayPal PayPal Virtual Debit Card PayPalVDC exe C PROGRA PayPal PAYPAL PPBroker exe C Program Files AusLogics Disk Defrag DiskDefrag exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http hometab bellsouth net O - HKLM Run SDTray quot C Program Files Spyware Doctor SDTrayApp exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Service Ad-Aware Service aawservice - Lavasoft AB - C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe O - Service AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic Scheduler AntiVirScheduler - Avira GmbH - C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exe O - Service AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic Guard AntiVirService - Avira GmbH - C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exe O - Service Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc - C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe O - Service DvpApi dvpapi - Authentium Inc - C Program Files Common Files Authentium AntiVirus dvpapi exe O - Service Google Updater Service gusvc - Google - C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe O - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exe O - Service CA Pest Patrol Realtime Protection Service ITMRTSVC - CA Inc - C Program Files CA PPRT bin ITMRTSVC exe O - Service AT amp T Internet Security Suite Service RPSUpdaterR - AT amp T - C Program Files AT amp T AT amp T Internet Security Suite rpsupdaterR exe O - Service AT amp T Internet Security Suite AT amp T Firewall RP FWS - AT amp T - C Program Files AT amp T AT amp T Internet Security Suite Fws exe O - Service Spyware Doctor Auxiliary Service sdAuxService - PC Tools - C Program Files Spyware Doctor svcntaux exe O - Service Spyware Doctor Service sdCoreService - PC Tools - C Program Files Spyware Doctor swdsvc exe O - Service TVTonic RSS WXRSS - Wavexpress Inc - C Program Files Wavexpress TVTonic WXRSS exe -- End of file - bytes

A:Slow Performance VERY slow typing speed!

Welcome bluesyy
When did the problem start ?
What changes were made to the pc just before the problems started ?

Authentium, AntiVir and AT&T Internet Security Suite Service

How many antivirus programs are installed, how many firewall programs ?

Please follow as many of the 5 steps as possible and then post the required logs in this thread.
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...sting-log.html
Also in your next post please let us know of any problems you may have following the 5 steps and an update on system behaviour

You may wish to subscribe to this thread (thread tools > subscribe to this thread) so you are informed as soon as you receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/slow-performance-very-slow-typing-speed-184697.html
Relevancy 108.79%

Dear all~
I am at this website.

A:"slow speed" "natural speed" do not show

First step: please post a link to the exact page of that website that you're on.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/291654-slow-speed-natural-speed-do-not-show.html
Relevancy 107.93%

I Cant find out whats the problem i already did a spyware scan with Ad-Aware Se personal Spyware Doctor registered and spybot search amp destroy and removed all the malware on my system but it didnt resolve Slow Speed Dsl Really the problem Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Dsl Speed Really Slow Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor svcntaux exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor swdsvc exeC Program Files Sygate SPF smc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS System alg exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor SDTrayApp exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files Common Files InterVideo SchSvr SchSvr exeC Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC WINDOWS system hphmon exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files HPQ SHARED HPQWMI exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files iTunes iTunes exeC Documents and Settings Alex Desktop HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a n amp pf laptopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run LSBWatcher c hp drivers hplsbwatcher lsburnwatcher exeO - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exeO - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeO - HKLM Run Home Theater SchSvr quot C Program Files Common Files InterVideo SchSvr SchSvr exe quot O - HKLM Run eabconfg cpl C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe StartO - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files HPQ Default Settings cpqset exeO - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeO - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe -startupO - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -startO - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeO - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINDOWS system hphmon exeO - HKLM Run SmcService C PROGRA Sygate SPF smc exe -startguiO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper e... Read more

Relevancy 107.93%

Hi i have recently been experiencing lots of pop ups and response speed is slow And Ups Speed Slow Pop please can you help thanksNeil Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer Pop Ups And Slow Speed EXEC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Program Files Synaptics Pop Ups And Slow Speed SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Powercinema PCMService exeC Windows WindowsMobile wmdc exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Packard Bell SetUpMyPC SmpSys exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI EXEC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Taskmgr exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEUser exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exeC Users Amanda Desktop HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Pop Ups And Slow Speed Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files Google Google BAE BAE dllO - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser UIBHO dllO - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hideO - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exeO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run ATICCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLIStart exe quot O - HKLM Run HostManager C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exeO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run osCheck quot C Program Files Norton Internet Security osCheck exe quot O - HKLM Run PCMService quot c Program Files Powercinema PCMService exe quot O - HKLM Run toolbar eula launcher C Program Files Packard Bell GOOGLE EULA EULALauncher exeO - HKLM Run Monitor C Windows PixArt PAC Monitor exeO - HKLM Run Windows Mobile Device Center windir WindowsMobile wmdc exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exeO - HKLM Run Symantec PIF AlertEng quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe quot a m quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A AlertEng dll quot O - HKLM RunOn... Read more

A:Pop Ups And Slow Speed

Welcome to the BleepingComputer HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum. My name is Richie and i'll be helping you to fix your problems.Apologies for the late response,as i'm sure you can appreciate we are extremely busy.If you've already recieved help at another forum and your issues have been resolved,or you're presently recieving help elsewhere then please let us know.If you have not followed the info in the link below prior to posting your log then please do so now:Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/If you still require help,please post a new Hijackthis log into this topic in your next reply.Also post a detailed description of the issues you're experiencing.*Note*Post all reports/logs directly into this topic,not as attachments,thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/126755/pop-ups-and-slow-speed/
Relevancy 107.93%

Hi I was after some advice. I am having a problem with one of my computers internet speeds.
The computer in question runs really slow about 1-3ms, but if I put my laptop next to it that runs at 15-19ms, both are wireless.

I have run a number of program on the PC to see if there are any problems with it. One of them being Advanced SystemCare Ultimate, I also have an up to date copy Avast as protection, but nothing seams to speed up the connection.

On Saturday the PC was running at a high speed but then on Sunday it started the slow connection. I have done a system restore, but that hasn't helped. So I was wondering if it was the wireless card in my PC that needed replacing, I have a Ralink 802.11 wlan card.

Any help would be welcome.

A:Slow speed on one PC

Welcome to TSG

1ms is actually fast, but I am unclear where you are seeing this information.

To confirm, you are only experiencing this issue on one computer?
Have you tried Ethernet connection to your router/modem?
Does it happen on 1 browser or multiple browsers?

What happens when you go to your browser? Does it load up the homepage straight away or does it take a long time to load?

Also please provide some details of your network information:

(Courtesy from TerryNet)

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-speed-on-one-pc.1093049/
Relevancy 107.93%

I'm currently living in a university residence, and thus I am sharing a high-speed internet connection with a large number of people. In the morning (say before 2 PM) the internet speed is quite high, but by nighttime it has significantly dropped. I've assumed that this is due to the greater number of people using the bandwidth at night. Is there anything I can do on my end to speed up the connection?

A:Slow Speed!

yes stop shareing your connection to everyone. people are running p2p networks on your connection will drag your connection down. if you have a wireless connection. you can stop this by security running wep wpa or wpa2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/slow-speed-180838.html
Relevancy 107.93%

Over the past few months I have made various changes to the computers all desktops - not laptops here at home My son has now decided to tell me that the network speed is very slow and it has been for some time but he can t remember exactly when it slowed On the host computer I get a connection speed of KBps where as the two computers on the LAN show KBps measured by MacAfee s Speedometer My system is Slow speed LAN a little different from the norm as it uses a modem uplink and a satellite downlink The satellite signal goes to a satellite modem and is fed to the host computer via USB The host has a nVidia nForce Networking Controller which links to a Belkin Wireless Network Access Point The two other computers Slow LAN speed on the LAN have Belkin Wireless Desktop Network Cards Belkin tell me that their side of thinks is Slow LAN speed working fine but anyone got any ideas why the network is running so slowly All machines are running XP Pro with SP loaded nbsp

Relevancy 107.93%

hiMy net speed has slowed down greatly I am suspecting viruses.I currently have Maxsecure 2011And Malware bytes freeWhen I tried to run a scan with GMEr I got a BSOD
 hijackthis.log   3.99KB
  4 downloadshere is the requested info.
 DDS.txt   17.47KB
  5 downloadsEDIT: Posts merged ~BPhi was able to run and save log file using Gmer EDIT: Posts merged ~BP

A:SLOW NET SPEED

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?""just click on Cancel, then Accept".information and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlog from RKUnHookerlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/375754/slow-net-speed/
Relevancy 107.93%

My upload speeds seem fine in Windows 7, but when I'm downloading a game from Steam, where speeds used to be 400-700KB/s, speeds are now getting no higher than 50-100 KB/s. Is there anything I can do? Do I need a driver for something?

A:Slow DL speed

Quote: Originally Posted by Sussossus

My upload speeds seem fine in Windows 7, but when I'm downloading a game from Steam, where speeds used to be 400-700KB/s, speeds are now getting no higher than 50-100 KB/s. Is there anything I can do? Do I need a driver for something?

Hi and welcome

Is it only the games that are slow to download? what is the rated download speed from your ISP? go to speedtest.net and run it to get your current dl speed.

If it is only slow on the games, we have to do one thing.
If slow allover another

Let Us know

Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/45743-slow-dl-speed.html
Relevancy 107.93%

Larry Core
Deleted all but Explorer,ran scandisk,
rebooted. Did'nt help but, this time I got an,
"error reading cd rom in F drive,please insert cd rom ser. no.74ab-48ao in drive F".
I do not have either one,just drive C.
What else can I do?
Thanks

A:slow down speed up

Please reply to your original post, don't start a new one. Closing this one down.

------------------
Get free stuff and help out a poor computer tech

7/9 added two pay to listen to music sites

I've gotten 5 $18 amazon.com GCs in 4 weeks listening to music! http://www.rkfdcore.com/ebaypics/referrals.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-down-speed-up.33461/
Relevancy 107.93%

Hi.........
I am a user of Mozilla/Firefox Browsers but when i do my work after some time browser do work in very slow speed.Any one give idea what i Do?
I am in waiting.
Thanks for your ideas.

A:slow speed...

It may not be attributable to Firefox. At certain times of each day (usually evenings when many more people are using a home PC) your network data-transfer speed will slow down owing to heavier demand on your ISP's equipment. Not much you can do about that, short of changing to a different ISP which copes better at such times.

There ability to cope better at busy times (and have a less negative impact on it's customers) depends on how much they spend on more & larger servers at their end.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/slow-speed-601469.html
Relevancy 107.93%

Dear Sir I am having the same problem as the other guy I have a DSL modem with router built in from AT amp T and a wireless tower USB device that acts like wifi on another machine The computer that has the hard wire to it from the modem router is getting mbps and the one with the tower is only getting mbps I changed them around to see if it was due to the tower not being hard wired I have the same problem on this machine even when it is connected directly to the modem The machine I am having Slow Speed Too! DSL a problem with is running windows xp pro sp I followed the directions you gave to the other guy and I am still getting a speed of only mbps Here is the information that you asked for This is the first time I have asked a question so I hope that I am following the rules Please let me know if you can help me It has to be a setting within this computer that is limiting the speed Thank you for your help C Documents and Settings Administrator USR- VQUN ZRZ gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name usr- vqun zrz Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Slow DSL Speed Too! Enabled Slow DSL Speed Too! No DNS Suffix Search List gateway wire net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Linksys LNE TX Fast Ethernet Adapt er LNE TX v Physical Address - C- - - -BD Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Wireless USB Card Physical Address -D - -A - -D Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Thursday April PM Lease Expires Friday April PM C Documents and Settings Administrator USR- VQUN ZRZ gt nbsp

Relevancy 107.93%

hey there! i noticed that my Kingston V300 SSD drive isnt writing as fast as it's supposed to, according to the stated speeds at the Kingston website.
i mainly use it to work on RAW files in Photoshop (about 23Mb each) from my digital camera.

here is a test i ran in CrytalDiskMark:

############
* MB/s = 1,000,000 byte/s [SATA/300 = 300,000,000 byte/s]

Sequential Read : 390.240 MB/s
Sequential Write : 125.054 MB/s
Random Read 512KB : 329.697 MB/s
Random Write 512KB : 116.296 MB/s
Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 14.249 MB/s [ 3478.8 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 49.062 MB/s [ 11978.0 IOPS]
Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 73.518 MB/s [ 17948.6 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 103.081 MB/s [ 25166.2 IOPS]

################

are these speeds ok?
from what i calculated while transfering RAW files, the writing speed is about 10-20-Mb/Sec... which is rather slow for an SSD...

so where's the problem?

Relevancy 107.93%

Hello newbie here Thanks speed Slow net for allowing me to join I have Slow net speed desktop computers the old one is Windows XP will change to Linux Mint and gets mbps when I run a speed test at ookla's speedtest net but the new Windows only gets mbps I mainly use the Firefox browser and it has been crashing lately My security scans show no issues I read a recent post here about ' sluggish pc' and a host asked for a mini toolbox logfile and I decided to post one too in hopes of finding out if there are any issues that need resolution MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by administrator on - - at Running from C Users Downloads Microsoft Windows X Boot Mode Normal Flush DNS Windows IP Configuration Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache IE Proxy Settings Proxy is not enabled No Proxy Server is set Reset IE Proxy Settings IE Proxy Settings were reset FF Proxy Settings Reset FF Proxy Settings Firefox Proxy settings were reset Hosts content IP Configuration Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Ethernet Connected Dell Wireless b g n GHz Wi-Fi Media disconnected ---------------------------------- IPv Configuration ---------------------------------- pushd interface ipv reset set global icmpredirects enabled set interface interface Local Area Connection forwarding enabled advertise enabled nud enabled ignoredefaultroutes disabled set interface interface Wi-Fi forwarding enabled advertise enabled nud enabled ignoredefaultroutes disabled set interface interface Ethernet forwarding enabled advertise enabled nud enabled ignoredefaultroutes disabled set interface interface wireless forwarding enabled advertise enabled nud enabled ignoredefaultroutes disabled set interface interface Local Area Connection forwarding enabled advertise enabled nud enabled ignoredefaultroutes disabled set interface interface ethernet forwarding enabled advertise enabled nud enabled ignoredefaultroutes disabled popd End of IPv configuration Windows IP Configuration Host Name Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dbcb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday January AM Lease Expires Friday January PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FE-B - - - -A -F -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless b g n GHz Physical Address - - -A -F -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CE BED - AF- B- D - F A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d d b a e dcb Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe b a e dcb Preferred Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FE-B - - - -A -F -E NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Server UnKnown Address Name google com Addresses f b Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Server UnKnown Address Name yahoo com Addresses Pinging yahoo com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approxi... Read more

A:Slow net speed

Who is your current ISP?Please perform the following, so that we can get the exact specs of your computer. This will better assist us in helping you more.Publish a Snapshot using SpeccyThe below is for those who cannot get onlinePlease take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link to your post, you will need to edit it to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/521942/slow-net-speed/
Relevancy 107.93%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system Speed Dsl Really Slow csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc Dsl Speed Really Slow exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor svcntaux exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor swdsvc exe C Program Files Sygate SPF smc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor SDTrayApp exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files InterVideo SchSvr SchSvr exe C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files HPQ SHARED HPQWMI exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Documents and Settings Alex Desktop HiJackThis v exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY lion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run LSBWatcher c hp drivers hplsbwatcher lsburnwatcher exe O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run Home Theater SchSvr quot C Program Files Common Files InterVideo SchSvr SchSvr exe quot O - HKLM Run eabconfg cpl C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe Start O - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files HPQ Default Settings cpqset exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe -startup O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINDOWS system hphmon exe O - HKLM Run SmcService C PROGRA Sygate SPF smc exe -startgui O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run SDTray quot C Program Files Spyware Doctor SDTrayApp exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WIND... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/dsl-speed-really-slow-160746.html
Relevancy 107.93%

Hey, my computer has suddenly gotten super, super slow after restarting... I have a 3.5GHz OC and 4GB RAM so I would think it would be quite fast. Well, it was untill the restart. The disk activity LED is constantly on now.

Logging in takes alot more time aswell...

Can anyone tell me what this is about?

Thanks,
B3

A:What's with the slow speed?!

Hello there. First check your startup items. Startup Programs - Change
Uncheck from there unneded items. Also give us a print from your process list in Task Manager.
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Also it will be good to run a full scan with Malwarebytes. And what Antivirus software you are using?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/160874-whats-slow-speed.html
Relevancy 107.93%

i use a dongle but is very slow 53.06 Kbps any ideas

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/225884/slow-speed/
Relevancy 107.93%

Dear All I am having trouble with my laptop and need help of experts to analyze HJT log The symptoms I have are Slow speed of the computer internet is ok though As soon as I insert USB pen drive it often hangs and slows down a lot I have lost the data in the said pen Help on speed slow drive a couple of times recently as some of Help on slow speed the folders suddenly Help on slow speed vanished I am posting the log below please help Logfile of Trend Micro Help on slow speed HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C windows System smss exe C windows system winlogon exe C windows system services exe C windows system lsass exe C windows system Ati evxx exe C windows system svchost exe C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportMgmtService exe C windows System svchost exe C windows system svchost exe C windows system spoolsv exe C windows system Ati evxx exe C windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files ABBYY FineReader Licensing PE NetworkLicenseServer exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Quick Heal Quick Heal Total Security EMLPROXY EXE C windows system FsUsbExService Exe C windows system svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C windows System svchost exe C Program Files Quick Heal Quick Heal Total Security opssvc exe C windows System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Protexis License Service PSIService exe C Program Files Quick Heal Quick Heal Total Security quhlpsvc exe C Program Files Quick Heal Quick Heal Total Security SCANWSCS EXE C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C windows system svchost exe C windows system wscntfy exe C windows AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exe C windows system rundll exe C windows system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Quick Heal Quick Heal Total Security onlinent exe C Program Files Quick Heal Quick Heal Total Security SCANMSG EXE C Program Files Quick Heal Quick Heal Total Security UPSCHD EXE C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportService exe C Program Files Quick Heal Quick Heal Total Security SAPISSVC EXE C PROGRA QUICKH QUICKH Scanner exe C PROGRA QUICKH QUICKH arkit exe C DOCUME vj LOCALS Temp exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co in R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local F - REG win ini load F - REG win ini run O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll file missing O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B... Read more

A:Help on slow speed

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREAndPlease download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OK DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OKIMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.ThenPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/405479/help-on-slow-speed/
Relevancy 107.93%

I am having problems with my CPU speed. I currently have a AMD Athlon 64 x2 6400+ processor but the thing is my CPU speed only shows up as 994 mhz.

If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

A:CPU speed slow

Checkout: http://www.cpuid.com
There's a few good free apps there including:
TMonitor
CPU-Z
For checking your CPU Speed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-speed-slow.138995/
Relevancy 107.93%

G'day hardware geeks.....

My Thermaltake Element S case has two inbuilt 22cm fans that plug directly into the PSU. They are a little bit noisy, and I was looking to lower their RPM to take the edge off the whir.

Initially, I was considering purchasing a dedicated fan control to fit into a spare 5.25" drive bay, but a colleague suggested I might try and "cross-over" the yellow 6v cable from the PSU with the red 12v cable to the fan, to halve the RPM of the fan.

However, when I opened the case and examined the psu ---> fan connection, I noticed it already appears to be crossed-over as in the photo below (apologies for the poor quality).

The photo shows the yellow cable from the PSU on the left, connected to the red cable from the fan on the right. Thus, the fan is already running at half its RPM? Am I correct?

Regards,
Golden

A:How to slow down fan speed?

this is not necessarily the case for the molex connection - the fan only needs 2 connectors for it to have power - as is the case with all 5 of my fans buddy. - I would recommend getting a molex to silent cable http://www.erodov.com/forums/imageho...f4f8e4796f.jpg
it looks like that pic - you can then also daisy chain your fans along with connecting them to a fan controller bay (pretty cheap for us aussies and no postage sometimes) but remember that reducing fan speed = increased heat...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/196447-how-slow-down-fan-speed.html
Relevancy 107.93%

Hi this is my first post.

My problem is i have just installed Vista 64bit ultimate
my PC specs are

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ 2.25GHZ
1279MB RAM
320GB HD + 80GB HD (both SATA)
64Bit Vista Ultimate
Geforce 8800GTS 320MB
20Mbit internet line

and when playing some games, it sometimes freezez for a few seconds. Also copying things seems to be really slow aswell, it seems to take forever to calculate how long its going to take. How do u disable this, is there any software u can reccomend that removes all the boggy **** that comes with vista?

I really want to go back to XP but need DX10 for my job (unless they have finally released a DX10 for XP)

Relevancy 107.93%

I have a laptop that has been running slow lately. What can I do to speed it up? I did some of the obvious stuff, like going into msconfig and disabling stuff I don't use. I also removed programs I don't use from add/remove programs. Its still slow. Other than formatting what can I do? Thanks

A:How to speed up a slow PC

hi,

while working your computer i mean when you feel pc is slow that time see the task manager under process for which one is take more space (memory) thereitself if you identified unauthorised software right clike and click end process. After that check your pc perfomance...
Cute

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-speed-up-a-slow-pc.747914/
Relevancy 107.93%

I have a PC connected to a GigE Ethernet switch TP-Link TL SG I also have several other devices connected to this switch Particularly my laptop The switch then connect to GigE port on my BT Home Hub If I test Laptop Wifi to Hub download speed Mbps If I test Laptop wired to speed PC LAN on Slow Ethernet switch download speed Mbps If I test PC wired to Ethernet switch download speed Mbps If I test PC wired to Hub download speed Mbps I seem to be getting a loss of throughput when I use my PC compared to Laptop Both Laptop Slow LAN speed on PC amp PC running W bit - used in same room even interchanged Ethernet cable to check those Is there some config or similar on my Ethernet on PC that could account for this I m no LAN expert PC uses on card Ethernet port no config all as standard It s a new good quality motherboard on a fast PC ASUS P Z -V LE LAN says it s a Realtek F x Gigabit LAN Controller Settings that I can find are Anybody any suggestions nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-lan-speed-on-pc.1164132/
Relevancy 107.93%

My machine takes 5+ minutes to boot all the way up and the response time to open progams seems to be excessively long. Is there anything I can do to optimize this? The machine is only 1.5 years old.

Thanks in advance,
Marge

A:XP slow, how do I speed it up?

BootVis is a performance trace visualization tool for use with Windows XP systems. Customer research shows a frequently requested feature that users want from their PCs is fast system startup, whether from cold boot or when resuming from standby or hibernation.

The Windows development team at Microsoft has taken bold steps in making fast startup PCs a reality with the Microsoft Windows XP operating system.

Features:

Boot to a useable state in a total of 30 seconds
Resume from Hibernate (S4) in a total of 20 seconds
Resume from Standby (S3) in a total of 5 seconds

*****End advertising blurb*****

There is also a function within XP which helps allocate CPU cycles to programs or background services. When I next get in front of my XP box, I'll post exactly where to find it (if someone hasn't already).

Also, do frequent defrags of the hard drive, and if you get a hold of such an app like Diskeeper, defrag your boot files.

And limit the amount of apps you have starting automatically at boot as these add to the boot time.

EDIT
If you want more specifics, then post your system specs (CPU type, RAM, Video card, etc).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-slow-how-do-i-speed-it-up.240058/
Relevancy 107.93%

After upgrading to Windows 10, my net speed got slower. I found that most of my bandwidth kills by "windows host process".How can I stop this?

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,158088.0.html
Relevancy 107.93%

Hello,
I have speed issues when working with files on the LAN network. They open and save much much slower than XP. On the other hand the ADSL internet connection is fine and running at full speed. What is the problem? The computer is brand new i7 2600k + 16GB ram and ASUS P8P67 motherboard with gigabit network adapter and fresh install of Windows 7 x64.

A:VERY slow LAN Speed

Recently defregmented? All machines?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/150855-very-slow-lan-speed.html
Relevancy 107.93%

I have had my network connections setup for over a year and for some strange reason the other day all my computers network speed dropped from 100mbps to 10mbps, why did it do this i have not touched anything?

A:Slow speed

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Make and exact model and hardware version of any other network equipment, like a repeater, a booster, hi-gain antenna, etc.
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

Have you tried to do a system restore to before the problem occurred?
If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
For wireless connection issues, have you removed all the stored wireless network profiles and then searched for the network?
For wireless laptops, have you made SURE the wireless switch is on?
For wired connection issues, have you booted in Safe Mode with Networking to see if that changes the symptoms?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-speed.908295/
Relevancy 107.93%

I have a new Pavilion 15T laptop with the pcie nvme ssd drive interface.  My drivers are updated as per the HP web.  I believe the ssd drivers are current, as I cannot find any other drivers for the SSD.    Benchmarks show sequential read writes of about 1200 MB/s and 150 MB/s respectively. The 4K values are similarily slow.  I am using both CrystalDisk and ASSSD for the benchmarks.  I believe the speeds should be much higher, expecially for the writes.  The drive is a Samsung MZVLV512. Any ideas?  Does HP throttle the drive somehow?    Does the partition of the SSD affect speeds or the speed tests?  The computer has an i7 6700HQ processor that appears to run well, and Nvidia graphics appear adeqaute, but I have not loaded any games to really stress the graphics yet.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Slow-ssd-speed/td-p/5749266
Relevancy 107.93%

Hi everyone I m trying to rip my CD collection onto iTunes but I m getting some very slow rip speeds Here s what I m using Windows Home Premium Winamp Pro amp Windows Media Player iTunes Sony Vaio Intel Core Duo P GHz with Intel Centrino processor with Blu-ray Disc which seems to be a Pioneer BD GB RAM Lame version seems to be When I m ripping a CD to mp I m getting to x speeds The weird thing is the bigger the ripping list the higher the ripping speed seems to increase For example if I have songs that I m ripping the first song starts at X by the middle it may reach x then by the end of the list it might reach x The Blue-ray drive never seems to spin fast when ripping seems like it s only Slow Help! speed. rip coasting when ripping a cd Only on one occurrence did I get a speed of X and the Slow rip speed. Help! Blue-ray drive was spinning like crazy I ve adjusted both the Winamp and Windows Media Player rip settings I ve tested different CD s I ve also tested ripping in both mp and wav but still the same end result Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Slow rip speed. Help!

Two things come to mind first being that you have error correction on in the iTunes ripping options which will slow down the over all ripping speed. It will help prevent errors that could cause issues in the resulting mp3 (or acc) files from dirty or damaged disc. The Second is that the Blue-ray drive just isn't very good at high speed cd reading. I'm sure that Pioneer didn't spend a lot of time or money on the red lazer in the Blue-ray drive.

Just for comparision have you tried other ripping programs?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-rip-speed-help.890155/
Relevancy 107.07%

Hi I may be missing something pretty basic here as my tech knowledge is pretty poor I have recently paid my internet provider to increase my connection speed from meg package to meg as I need a faster connection Ive done a speed test and it says that my speed is pretty much what my increased to much speed? but internet dont in speed 4meg change from 1meg see the service provider has promised but when I use the wifi in my place which I used with the original meg connection it doesnt seem any faster at increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed? all I thought I d be flying from one website to the next but its not happening that way at all Someone said I should consider buying an aircard to increase my computers ability to recieve more data from the increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed? router but then someone else said that is not what an aircard is for Anyway Im stuck and would appreciate any help i could get as at the moment Im paying alot more cash each month for no improvement Thanks in advance for any help Cheers nbsp

A:increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/increased-my-internet-speed-from-1meg-to-4meg-but-dont-see-much-change-in-speed.625674/
Relevancy 107.07%

My computer was running just fine til about a week ago. I am on a secure network that was before yielding 1/mb/sec download speeds on wireless router. I have tested the network on my laptop and it still runs just fine, however my desktop has become sluggish, the download speeds are down to 30kb/sec and the search function has been taken over by "searchfastfind.net" that Malware Bytes has failed to find. Today the internet would simply die and not reconnect, or my browser would redirect to dead sites. The CPU on any processes doesn't seem high, but my computer is screaming like it's running several programs at once. I am using Vista, all updates installed that are available and needed.

What would I do to figure out the sort of malware I suspect this to be?

Dell Studio 540S Windows Vista Premium 2 64 bit

A:Suspected Malware (searchfastfind.net) - Ruining Internet Speed and Computer Speed

I ran rkill.exe it found no known programs running, malware still seems to come up empty, but my cpu speed and internet connection are still terrible.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/371386/suspected-malware-searchfastfindnet-ruining-internet-speed-and-computer-speed/
Relevancy 107.07%

I recently upgraded my internet service and found that speed test results from speedtest.net and speakeasy.com were giving me download results that were ~ half of what I was supposed to be getting ( 9Mbs vs 16Mbs). I called the ISP and they suggested I restart in safe mode w/ networking and run the tests again. I did and the results of the test were surprising. I was getting the 16Mbs download speed that I signed up for. The tech suggested that I may be infected with something. I run several free programs (Mbam, avg, avast, ect.) to try to aviod these things, but it seems as though something may have gotten through. Any help that you guys may be able to provide would be greatly appreciated. Btw, no error messages and I am running Windows XP. Thanks in advance.

A:Pc speed test download speed significantly faster in safe mode

I take it MBam is updayted and run..Rerun MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when doneclick Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan (normal mode).After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.Next run ATF and SAS: If you cannot access Safe Mode,run in normal ,but let me know.Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".From your regular user account..Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner and then SUPERAntiSpyware , Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..DO NOT run yet.Open SUPER from icon and install and Update itUnder Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)Using the F8 MethodRestart your computer. When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu. Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode. Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use Firefox or Opera browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.NOW Scan with SUPEROpen from the desktop icon or the program Files listOn the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.Perform a Complete scan. After scan,Verify they are all checked.Click OK on the summary screen to quarantine all found items.If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.Click Close to exit the program.Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/303206/pc-speed-test-download-speed-significantly-faster-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 107.07%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor x Family Model ping problems and good Actual download but speed test speed Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Actual download speed problems but good ping and speed test D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ECS Iris Antivirus Sunbelt VIPRE Updated and Enabled I m having a problem with my download speeds I don t have an ultra high connection just mb s My speed tests confirm that is exactly what I m getting but when I actually download something it goes to kb s and will go no higher I ve contacted my ISP and they say it s my computer The speed test is showing what it should but I just can t get past I ve ran several malware spyware and virus tests and they all come out clean I m at the end of my rope Don t have a clue what to do next to get my speed up This is what shows on IPCONFIG ALL Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users David gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name David-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - E- - - E- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday February AM Lease Expires Friday February AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B E-F C - - F F- F ECB br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users David gt nbsp

Relevancy 107.07%

I moved into a city that has 1gbps fiber and I got it. I set my computer up to run Ubuntu or Windows 7 in the Ubuntu OS I have full speed, like 980mbps but in Windows I can only get around 370mbps, they informed me that it was a know issue which is why they carry around laptops with Ubuntu instead of windows to troubleshoot there system. Anyone have any clue on this, I cant even imagine where to start looking for the setting or fix. Thanks

A:Limited fiber download speed in windows 7 full speed in linux

1gbps is fantastic. I suspect the Windows problem is a driver problem. Did you check the Windows 10TP. Maybe they fixed it. But then, the really big chunks you can always download with Ubuntu. I envy you, LOL.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/363131-limited-fiber-download-speed-windows-7-full-speed-linux.html
Relevancy 107.07%

ok after i formatted i noticed internet installing immediately question programs+another needed speed after all Speed reduced explorer opened instantly but then after installign the programs i Speed immediately reduced after installing all needed programs+another speed question need like dif spyware removers all popular ones like spysweeper trillian pro gmail notifier visual basic limewire breitt technologies BUDDY REMINDER magic iso iso buster nero aim divx player IE didnt open as quickly anymore and i cant think of anything im pretty good with comptuers all of my knowledge is from using them sicne age i actually run a computer repair business but im clueless why my computer speed as been affected so soon i have a pentium intel celeron cpu ghz now gb ram win XP home i watch what starts with my comp everythings fine i have two hard drives they may not be set slave master but i realy dont think thats it if you DO but have other suggestions also PLEASE tell me both because i dont think that is it i think i have a gb and a gb hard drive with PLENTY room free cant really think what else to tell you my other question was i used this program AShampoo WinOptimizer version and i chose for it to quot run desktop and taskbar as seperate process more stable uses more memory though quot do i want to use that if so why thank you SO MUCH for reading you dont get how much i appreciate it

A:Speed immediately reduced after installing all needed programs+another speed question

What firewall do you have? what security programs do you have installed

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/speed-immediately-reduced-after-installing-all-needed-programs-another-speed-question-144881.html
Relevancy 107.07%

Hi,

I wanted to know if there is any way to optimize my computer's connection speed. I play a lot of Xbox Live on my 360 and I have a desktop computer. Lately my connection speed on Xbox Live has been pretty bad. I called Xbox Live Support to see if it was my xbox, or my ISP. They told me it had something to do with my ISP. I currently live near Rochester, New York and the only affordable plan (to my knowledge) is Roadrunner Online. I did a speed test and got these results:

I am not good with down/upload speeds, and do not know if that is ok or really really bad. I wanted to know if anyone has any general information on how to make my connection speed better for gaming on my 360 and for web browsing in general. Thanks!

Relevancy 107.07%

Hello my name is aaron habib, and im running windows xp media center with service pack three. And when i build this computer and had fresh software in it, it ran fast as ever. (specs: Quad core 2.40 GHz with 4 gigs of ram and a 8500 gt video card) So its not the hardware being slow i know that much. So i have a software problem or a virus or SOMETHING that's destroying the integrity of my computer. And i have ran Macfee full virus scans and spybot spyware scans and uni blues whole tool set to try to solve it and nothing. So if you need a Hijack this post please tell me and ill be happy to post one. Thanks!

A:Computer Speed Slow

sorry i posted two by accedent how do i delete one?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-speed-slow-375123.html
Relevancy 107.07%

Well every every once in awhile my speed drops to half of what it is suppose to be. I pay for 5meg but it drops to 2200kbps. I have my Actiontec M1000 that feed a Linksys wireless router. When the problem was there I had the router unplugged and it still did it. Qwest says I'm getting the speed but several bench test say other wise. They finally said the modem was at fault I replaced it yesterday and still does it. what could I be missing. Is it my service or something else? I have ran several virus software cleaned cookies and updated the firmware in the modem with no luck.

A:Conection speed is slow need help

Hello Venom,

You might see if this may be part of the issue below.

Auto Tuning - TCP/IP receive level

However, I would also keep hounding on Qwest to help you resolve either this hardware, software, or setting issue since this is what you are paying them for each month. If need be, they can send a tech to your house to check what may be wrong at your end.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/208664-conection-speed-slow-need-help.html
Relevancy 107.07%

Hi I m new here and I ve had a look around I did a search and couldn t find anybody with a similar problem I believe this is the right thread but if its not just tell me Ok I am using TalkTalk mb broadband and have set it up for wireless internet around my house Everything used to work fine and I had download speeds of kb s consistantly Recently Over the past or months my download speeds have drop to a fairly consistant yet annoying - kb s I m clueless as to what the problem is If anybody can help me out it will be much appreciated Thanks Kudos EDIT Oh Yeah I m on Windows XP um I have the same download speed on all computers and laptops connected to the Wi-Fi I have tried using download accelerators but they Slow Speed Over Download Wi-Fi literally only add kb s to the speed The actual Internet browsing speed seems fine It s only a problem with actual downloads Thanks Again nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-download-speed-over-wi-fi.686626/
Relevancy 107.07%

Okay I am having a problem with my wireless download speed I have a desktop pc that has windows pro installed I purchased two different wireless pci n Speed Download slow really cards and both have the same problem My download speed is Download Speed really slow terrible On speedtest net I get maybe mb s My upload speed is normal hovering around mb s I can't Download Speed really slow seem to figure out what the problem is I have or bars on signal strength and my signal speed varies between - mb s I currently have the Netgear WIRELESS-N PCI ADAPTER WN B installed My router is also a Netgear N and the settings are Download Speed really slow set to mb s for speed My laptop also has windows pro installed but has only a b g card that runs at mb s On speedtest net I get mb s down and mb s What gives The upload speeds are the same but something is throttling the download speed on the desktop Is there a setting in windows or the mobo that will change the problem I am using the driver that windows installed for the device It is a broadcom n driver If I connect the desktop with a ethernet cable I get the same speeds as the laptop Thanks for the help

A:Download Speed really slow

open a command prompt and run:

netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

re run your speed tests and let me know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/73241-download-speed-really-slow.html
Relevancy 107.07%

Well finally my system is System Slow Speed beginning to come back to life Drama started with updating yearly subscription to anti-virus e-trust once it was downloaded and system resarted it got as far as startup screen winxp then System Speed Slow would keep rebooting I ended up getting new hard drive and formatted it to extract the old info from old drive which now runs as slave Still had dramas as the Graphics card stopped working then ADSL also stopped then media player Since then i ve taken a cautious approach to slowly fixing it up to the best of my abilities novice beginner and have since got the internet working and media player fixed tried downloading new MP but it said quot internal application error anyways still have the problem with graphics card not working have tried old drivers and new drivers but once restarted screen gets to log on and goes black and that s it Oh yeah main System Speed Slow point the system has been running ever so slowly since i reformatted new hard drive Here is a summary thanks to System Speed Slow everest maybe this can assist also i will send HJT file shortly so to check between the two Anyones help would be much appreciated Cheers Adam -------- EVEREST Home Edition c - Lavalys Inc ------------------------------------------------------------ Version EVEREST v Homepage http www lavalys com Report Type Quick Report Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition WinXP Retail Date - - Time -------- Summary ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition OS Service Pack Service Pack DirectX DirectX c Motherboard CPU Type Intel Pentium MHz x Motherboard Name Gigabyte GA- IE PCI AGP DIMM Audio Motherboard Chipset Intel Brookdale i E System Memory MB PC DDR SDRAM BIOS Type Award Modular Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce MX -SE MB D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce MX SE Monitor Plug and Play Monitor NoDB A C Multimedia Audio Adapter Intel DB ICH - AC Audio Controller A- Storage IDE Controller Intel R DB Ultra ATA Controller Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive Disk Drive ST A GB RPM Ultra-ATA Disk Drive Disk drive GB IDE Optical Drive SONY DVD RW DRU- A DVD R x DVD RW x x DVD-RW x x DVD-ROM x CD x x x DVD RW DVD-RW Optical Drive SONY DVD-ROM DDU x x DVD-ROM SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS MB MB free F NTFS MB MB free Total Size GB GB free Input Keyboard Easy Internet Keyboard Mouse Logitech-compatible Mouse PS Network Network Adapter Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Peripherals Printer Canon i USB Controller Intel DB ICH - USB Controller A- USB Controller Intel DB ICH - USB Controller A- USB Controller Intel DB ICH - USB Controller A- USB Controller Intel DB ICH - Enhanced USB Controller A- -------- Debug - PCI ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- HDD Disk drive Monitor MTK Plug and Play Monitor NoDB nbsp

Relevancy 107.07%

I don't know much about networking, but can kind of understand the settings of a router. I have NETGEAR.
It all started when I was looking for a way of improving latency for my online games. I found that lowering MTU to 300-400 bytes (originally had 1500) would improve latency, but slow down internet speed (loading webpages). It didn't really work out for my game and i couldn't connect to my own router afterwards. However I reconnected to my router somehow and reseted the MTU back to 1500. I thought that resetting the MTU would make my connection go back to normal, but it didn't. I was stuck with slow speed, even tried resetting router to factory defaults. Now I don't know really what to do. Please help me!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-internet-speed.1048233/
Relevancy 107.07%

Hello my name is aaron habib, and im running windows xp media center with service pack three. And when i build this computer and had fresh software in it, it ran fast as ever. (specs: Quad core 2.40 GHz with 4 gigs of ram and a 8500 gt video card) So its not the hardware being slow i know that much. So i have a software problem or a virus or SOMETHING that's destroying the integrity of my computer. And i have ran MaCfee full virus scans and spybot spyware scans and uni blues whole tool set to try to solve it and nothing. So if you need a Hijack this post please tell me and ill be happy to post one. Thanks!

A:Computer Speed Slow

Open Task Manager and check the cpu usage. If it's high, check to see which process is using the cpu. You may also want to check Event Viewer and see if Windows is reporting any hardware issues. If all of that looks normal, then we will need to know exactly what is "slow".

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-speed-slow-375122.html
Relevancy 107.07%

Hello all,
I have a little problem, I have a dell optiplex 755 pc, and when i come to downloading freeware programs, of operating system (ubuntu) in my download client, which ive started to use Vuze, i get around 25kbs which is really slow, i used to get around 600kbs, although on my laptop when i do this, i get around 600kb's, is there something that my computer is missing?

I don't understand this.
Thanks, Matt.

A:Slow Internet Speed

Were you downloading the file using Wireless or Ethernet? or were you using Dial-UP?

Many Thanks,
Josh

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/103467-slow-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 107.07%

i dont know if this is the right place to post this thread so if not, please transfer this one .. i upgraded my pc from xp to 7 a few days ago and i loved the transfer.. one of the few things i noticed however is that my internet speed has considerably slowed down.. i have a 1mb connection in my office and sometimes just loading my yahoo mail takes a long time ( approx a minute or two).. opening sites would just take too long and lately even downloading files takes forever (downloaded a 3mb file took 30mins).. i dont know if there is something wrong but i used a laptop running on xp on my network and it just runs fine.. the speed is constant.. anyone please give me their ipinion.. thanks!

A:slow internet speed

Quote: Originally Posted by jaypels

i dont know if this is the right place to post this thread so if not, please transfer this one .. i upgraded my pc from xp to 7 a few days ago and i loved the transfer.. one of the few things i noticed however is that my internet speed has considerably slowed down.. i have a 1mb connection in my office and sometimes just loading my yahoo mail takes a long time ( approx a minute or two).. opening sites would just take too long and lately even downloading files takes forever (downloaded a 3mb file took 30mins).. i dont know if there is something wrong but i used a laptop running on xp on my network and it just runs fine.. the speed is constant.. anyone please give me their ipinion.. thanks!

Are you by chance using "homegroup" for networking in win 7? Homegroup sometimes on mixed networks causes slow downs and disconnects.

You can check it for yourself by setting up a new network connection using workgroup instead. If the problem goes away you can dis-able IPv6, and kill homegroup.
Let us know if you need help with this

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/84084-slow-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 107.07%

i have a 13 pc (mostly windows 7) network with dsl internet, one wireless printer, a netgear F726T unmanaged switch, and a server running windows server xp.
it has become super slow trying to access or save "stuff" to the attached server.

what can i do to greatly speed things up?

new switch?

new server?

new isp?

would switching the server to a NAS help at all?

thanks in advance

A:slow network..how to speed up

what can i do to greatly speed things up?Click to expand...

A start would be to determine what changed and caused "it has become super slow trying to access or save "stuff" to the attached server."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-network-how-to-speed-up.1142541/
Relevancy 107.07%

i use Crazybrowser and have been getting a large amount speed various slow CPU popus and of internet explorer popups they range from party poker to various popus and slow CPU speed some talking ones various popus and slow CPU speed i believe this is linked to my slow CPU speed in the task manager HJT below Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exe c progra mcafee mcafee antispyware massrv exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe C Program Files Sony Shared Plug-Ins Media Manager MSSQL SONY MEDIAMGR Binn sqlservr exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS cpsjtqh exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ssn tuu exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system nr rnqm exe C WINDOWS cpsjtqhA exe C Program Files BeInSync BeInSyncMonitor exe C Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exe c windows system osdsregs exe C PROGRA BeInSync BEINSYNCSERVER EXE C PROGRA MICROS wcescomm exe C Program Files PSHope PSHope exe C PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exe C WINDOWS system twintpez exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Aqua Dock Aqua Dock exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - URLSearchHook no name - EE B -F - BB- FB-A BD B A - no file F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS system gkfbi exe F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe rfleskk exe O - BHO no name - E E A E - FE- D -A -A DDCA - no file O - Toolbar BeInSync - F BA- C D- A A- BA - E ADC B - C PROGRA BeInSync SHELLEX DLL O - HKLM Run Hhl RfpJ quot C WINDOWS system ssn tuu exe quot O - HKLM Run New net Startup rundll C PROGRA NEWDOT NEWDOT DLL ClientStartup -s O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run D-DB-BF-F -ZN c windows system osdsregs exe CORN O - HKLM Run BrowserUpdateSched C WINDOWS system twintpez exe CORN O - HKLM Run cpsjtqhA C WINDOWS cpsjtqhA exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exe O - HKCU Run CursorXP C Program Files CursorXP CursorXP exe O - HKCU Run BeInSync quot C Program Files BeInSync BeInSyncMonitor exe quot O - HKCU Run Creative Detector quot C Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exe quot R O - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot C PROGRA MICROS wcescomm exe quot O - HKCU Run PSHope quot C Program Files PSHope PSHope exe quot O - Startup Zeno lnk C WINDOWS system twintpez exe O - Startup Z Start lnk C WINDOWS system dwdsregt exe O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Global Startup Service Manager lnk C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra button Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - C PROGRA MICROS INetRepl dll O - Extra button no name - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - C PROGRA MICROS INetRepl dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - C PROGRA MICROS INetRepl dll O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program File... Read more

A:various popus and slow CPU speed

Hello and Welcome. Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Before begining the fix, read this post completely. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding. Ensure that there aren't any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below. Save the following instructions in Notepad as this webpage would not be available when you're carrying out the fix.

It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order/sequence.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download- bfu.zip
Extract the file to it's own folder, such as C:\BFU
Checkmark the following boxes:Use settings specified in script for the above option
Show log after script ends

Click the Web button located on the top right corner
Copy/Paste this url into the address bar of the Download script window:http://metallica.geekstogo.com/alcanshorty.bfu
Execute the script by clicking the Execute button.
When it finishes running, click the Save button for a copy of the log
Post the log created by the script when you have completed the fix

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download combofix from one of these locations:http://www.techsupportforum.com/sectools/combofix.exe
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/combofix.exe

Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
When finished, it shall produce a log for you. It will be located at C:\combofix.txt
Post that log in your next reply.
Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall

I see you have Ewido 3.5 installed. It has recently been upgraded to version 4.0, and updates for 3.5 will be unavailable soon. Please uninstall version 3.5, restart your machine, and do this:

Download Ewido Anti-MalwareInstall Ewido Anti-Malware
Double-click the icon on Desktop to launch Ewido
You will need to update Ewido to the latest definition files.On the top of the main screen click Shield
Click the word active to change it to inactive
On the top of the main screen click Update.
Then click on Start Update. The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update Ewido
Once the update has completed select the "Scanner" icon at the top of the screen, then select the "Settings" tab.
Once in the Settings screen click on "Recommended actions" and then select "Quarantine".
Under "Reports"Select "Automatically generate report after every scan"
Un-Select "Only if threats were found"

When you have finished updating, EXIT Ewido anti-spyware. Do Not run a scan just yet, we will shortly.

Download and install CleanUp!
NOTE: CleanUp! deletes EVERYTHING out of your temp/temporary folders, it does not make backups. If you have any documents or programs that are saved in any Temporary Folders, make a backup of these before running CleanUp!. Do NOT run this program if you have XP Professional 64 bit edition. If you're unsure please do not run it! If you don't already know, you're probably not using XP64, but you can download & run this tool to find out for sure.....http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs...p_whichcpu.exe

Download LSPFix as we may need it later.

Click Start->Run - type SERVICES.MSC & then click on the OK button Locate the service - Windows Overlay Components
Double-click on it to open the Properties dialog. Under the General tab, note down the name of... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/various-popus-and-slow-cpu-speed-108571.html
Relevancy 107.07%

Hi guys could you tell me whats using the network on this screenshot please and tell me what 1s to remove so my speed will gain
thanks

A:Solved: Net Speed Slow

That screen shot doesn't tell us anything useful. I do see uTorrent running there, that can cause any number of bandwidth issues. Try killing that process and see if things improve.

How about telling us the real issue?

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model of the router.
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Make and model of your computer.
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP1-SP2, Vista, etc.

Also, please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

On any problem computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-net-speed-slow.673691/