Windows Support Forum

Sync Center Problem with Offline Files

Q: Sync Center Problem with Offline Files

I can't seem to figure out this issue Hopefully someone can My boss uses three computers all running Windows SP Professional Her My Docs are redirected to a server share and copied locally for offline use via Offline Files Center with Sync Problem Offline Files She often tells me that she thinks she is missing files and folders at any given point using any one of the three computers there's no pattern Now when I check any of these computers I see the little red X over the Sync Center icon I'll manually run a sync yet it fails each time on several old files I can verify Sync Center Problem with Offline Files the files are present on each computer and the Sync Center Problem with Offline Files server but yet it seems the Sync process doesn't agree It also halts the sync so no further files are sent How can I fix this First why doesn't the sync continue after an error and on a single file Why would she be getting errors on a file that exists and is identical The error is always quot the specified network name is no longer available quot I can restart the sync and it will Sync Center Problem with Offline Files fail on two more random older files The server is question is a plan fiel server running Windows R She is using the very same domain account on all three systems and has local admin rights to all three system

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Sync Center Problem with Offline Files

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Sync Center Problem with Offline Files

So far, I found a KB article that seems to describe my exact issue. I requested the hotfix and applied it to one of the systems for now.

Offline files synchronization may not finish on a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/211936-sync-center-problem-offline-files.html
Relevancy 101.05%

I believe I have searched the history of Sync Center issues enough that this is an issue that has not yet Cannot from Remove Sync Files Offline Center been addressed nbsp If so please point me to the proper article nbsp Thanks I was making folders available for offline use in my Win Ultimate edition nbsp We are in the process Cannot Remove Offline Files from Sync Center of moving Cannot Remove Offline Files from Sync Center to NAS servers with new network names and I know syncing with NAS servers is not working correctly right now So I have unchecked all the folders to make then unavailable for offline nbsp I have also gone to quot Manage Offline Files quot and tried deleting all offline files for the network drive nbsp However there is one Network Drive that I cannot get to delete no matter what I try nbsp I have tried Deleting Offline Copy for the drive which it says is successful but the network drive and a folder hierarchy remain when I view Offline Files nbsp Also when I view this folder path in Windows Explorer it gives a status of quot Offline Availability Available quot nbsp I find this odd since the Make Available Offline box is not set for any of the files or folders in this path nbsp Also this message seems odd to me since the only valid messages I have found for this status are quot Always Available quot or quot Not Available quot I have also tried making all of these files and folders available offline again and removed and deleted but I still have the same problem nbsp I have also tried the registry key to reset the cache for offline files and that did not work either Please help me get rid of this because it is driving me nuts Thanks

A:Cannot Remove Offline Files from Sync Center

Had the same problem few months back . In the end had to reinitialize the offline files cache all together:

Open up registry editor (WARNING: Only for Advanced Users)
Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Csc
Add a new key (folder) called Parameters
Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Csc\Parameters, add a new DWORD called FormatDatabase and set its value to 1

You will need to reboot the PC afterwards.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9ce9195f-0aea-4019-84e5-13bd01e36b19/cannot-remove-offline-files-from-sync-center?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 100.19%

So this is what I m trying to do I have a laptop that I mostly use it s running Windows I m trying to Problems Windows Files Sync Offline Center set up my iPod so it will connect to it instead of my desktop which is what it currently does but all of my Music is on an external hard drive that is connected to the desktop I just got a new router a Belkin Work Windows Sync Center Offline Files Problems amp Play It comes with a USB port on the back to connect external hard drives to So I decided to instead of having to plug my external hard drive into the laptop every time I wanted to access my music I would hook up the hard drive up to the router and then make the files be available offline on my hard drive This way my girlfriend could also access the music from her laptop The only problem is that I can t get the files to be available offline I tried to right click on them and say quot always available offline quot when I did this sync center would open and try to sync them but every single file would cause a sync error because quot The process could not be completed because the file was in use by Windows Sync Center Offline Files Problems another process quot I cannot for the life of me figure out Windows Sync Center Offline Files Problems how to fix this so I need help If you need more information I will for sure be willing to answer any questions nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-sync-center-offline-files-problems.964571/
Relevancy 95.89%

We have to Center Unable shares and inclusion file - Files types from Offline Sync remove an issue where Offline Files is synchronising files in Shares B C D We only want synchronisation to occur in Share A Home To date we have tried the following Reformatting the Offline Files database Selecting the option to NOT cache on the share's properties on our File server Added Shares B C D to GPOM as destinations drive letters to not include in Offline Folders rule Added pst extension to the GPOM as a file type to not include in Offline Folders rule Turned off the Slow Link option in GPOM Despite all of these settings being active there are Offline Files - Unable to remove shares and file types from Sync Center inclusion files in B C and D that are still being made available offline After the database is reset and Sync Center is allowed to resync Share A it automatically syncs the exact same files that we do not want So this must be stored in a list associated to a particular user somewhere but we have no idea where to find it we have looked in AppData for multiple users but cannot find what we hope to see in terms of settings for Sync Center or Offline Files I should note that the files in Share B C and D appear to have been accessed in the past where perhaps there once was a Slow Link detected but now Sync Center is constantly including those files for any particular user Example I may have accessed files and during a Slow Link being detected and they always now become available offline for me user accessed files and and so those files for that user are now always being made available We have tried removing the local profile accounts nbsp from the computers but the issue will still persist and the issue will follow users from computer to computer so this list of files that Sync Center is references for offline availability must be stored on the network somewhere I suspect that now the new rules in GPOM are set the issue can finally be resolved by deleting the list of files that Sync Center references for offline availability but does anyone here know where that file would be and what it is called HINT It nbsp isn't on the local computer as we have rebuilt a few Many thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e9be2951-af87-4f4a-90dc-bc9b9e37ecab/offline-files-unable-to-remove-shares-and-file-types-from-sync-center-inclusion?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi nbsp We have few laptops windows pro for sales rep and Offline file enable to sync their documents which are on SBS server nbsp I don't know why it try to sync some other users My video My music etc files and error says quot access denied quot or ldquo The Process cannot access the file because it is being used by in with denied or access and to user sync sync failed try and already files use files Offline other folder file another process Offline file sync try to sync other user files and folder and failed with access denied or files already in use rdquo nbsp we have tried many times and confirm there's no one using those files but still same error nbsp I found this article on forumbut not sure how much this valid to SBS and if it's known issue why not there's fix patch yet from Microsoft On the server I had to ADD this reg entry and set it to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Services MRXSmb Parameters OplocksDisabled REG DWORD or Default not disabled And then Changed this entry to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services LanmanServer Parameters EnableOplocks REG DWORD or Default enabled Regards ayaz

A:Offline file sync try to sync other user files and folder and failed with access denied or files already in use

Hi Scott
I found the problem and use following method to fix it
1) Check SBS group policy
2) Check permission on CSC folders (I delete all folder under this folder and check permission on this folder)
3) Reinitialize Cache database, there are different method but i use following
http://www.networknet.nl/apps/wp/archives/1093
And finally restart PC
Regards
 ayaz

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ab222cb3-4e4f-474b-b853-308a3e81112c/offline-file-sync-try-to-sync-other-user-files-and-folder-and-failed-with-access-denied-or-files?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 89.01%

Just wondering if there are any suggestions regarding a sync problem I am having. Up till now, I have been able to do seamless sync between my laptop (Vista ultimate) and my desktop (vista home). Recently it has stopped working, except where I sync individual files.
e.g. if I create a file offline on the laptop, I get a sync error when I reconnect to the network. It says "assertion failure" in sync centre. Same happens when I select the folder and manually press sync. However, if I rightclick the file and press sync, it syncs fine. This happens even where this is the only file in the folder, which suggests that there is something different between folder permissions and file permissions. However, haven't made any changes to permissions etc. recently and all file permissions are inherited from the parent folder anyway.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/163222-sync-problem-offline-files.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I have a 2003 SBS server and several users all on Windows 7.

One of the users just got a new Sony laptop with Windows 7 Pro, his existing laptop was also Windows 7 Pro.

I am trying to make same file share available offline again and the files sync with no errors in sync center. But when the user goes offline all the files have a red X and the files are partially transparent.
All the KB's and threads I can find involved people getting access denied errors, but I'm getting no sync errors.

Any ideas?
I tried formatting the offline files database earlier and I made a dozen files available offline. No errors but again red x's when he went offline.

A:Offline files sync but all have a red X

Have you seen this? Especially The OP's second post: Sync Center Problem with Offline Files

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/224820-offline-files-sync-but-all-have-red-x.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Our users "my documents" folders are set up for redirection to \\ourserver\users

We have an XP based machine ( machine X ) that was used by person A, each time they logged off it synchronized as expected.

However machine X is now used by another user B.

Whenever user B logs off user A's offline files still keep synchronising, have deleted all the files from the offline folder I still cannot see a way of stopping user A's files and starting the new user B's files sync.

User A's files were accounting type files and are sensitive files that should not be viewed by others, however by still sync to the offline files folder they can be easily viewed.

Any thoughts as how I can stop this and re-direct the new users files to sync as I need to release this pc for general use.

Cheers.

A:Offline files / folder sync

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307853

You need to unmark the old users' folders for offline use, apply, reboot and make sure that the machine can see the domain and be made happy on that front, log in as the new user and then mark those new folders for offline use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/offline-files-folder-sync.910752/
Relevancy 76.11%

It reads as though it does:

Quote:
The Windows 7 Offline Files feature allows you to keep on your computer, copies of files normally stored on the network. When you select a network file or folder to make available offline, Windows automatically creates a copy of that file or folder on your computer.
Anytime you reconnect to that network folder, Windows syncs the files with those in the network folder. You can also sync them manually at any time.

So my question is: If you put the exact same files on two network computers with Offline Files turned on, will they sync when you open a file? Or does one have to be a file server for it to work?

A:Does Offline Files sync between network computers?

Hello Greg,

In this case with 3 networked computers, the two separate network computers (ex: A & B) would only sync with the source network computer (ex: C) of the offline files, and not each other directly. They (A & B) would evently be synced though since the are both syncing with C.

Sync Offline Files

Hope this helps some.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/118582-does-offline-files-sync-between-network-computers.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi nbsp I've got a laptop user with a Windows x Pro I've defined a folder on our R file server for his use as the primary storage location on the user's machine I've mapped the network location to a drive of his work files I then went ahead and marked that folder as 'Always available offline' and made sure that the first sync was completed I've created a sync schedule through the Sync Center Over time the size grew to be around GB of small files mostly documents and presentations The problem While running the sync an error occurs access is denied on one of the inner folders It seems that once the error is encountered the entire sync Files: stopped first Offline after error sync is halted The affected Offline Files: sync stopped after first error folder does not have explicit permissions I've checked both locally and on the file server and is inheriting the rest of the NTFS permissions from the root Offline Files: sync stopped after first error folder The folder can be accessed from the file explorer of the user's machine Moreover when I enter the Properties of the folder switching to the 'Offline Files' tab and click 'Sync Now '' the sync continues as expected The question What is the expected behavior Should the sync process stop once an error is encountered If so Offline Files: sync stopped after first error what can be the cause of the 'Access Denied'

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7d31d09a-0dc5-48a1-b615-501b72dd153f/offline-files-sync-stopped-after-first-error?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 76.11%

I have several windows 7 computers networked on a LAN without a server - just workgroups. I do use one computer to "serve" shared folders though. I use Offline Files to keep files on a wireless laptop synchronised with the "server" and centralise all backup activities on the "server". I want to enable Background Sync and Transparent Caching for a more stable setup although these options appear to only be available to domains. Is there any way I can enable these options without setting up a full server and domain? Thanks

A:Offline Files Background Sync without domain

Why not use Windows Live Mesh (without syncing to the cloud storage portion)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/172866-offline-files-background-sync-without-domain.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi,
I have a problem with the offline folder sync. It always says that I have files changed on both location even if both files are identical - both size and time stamp. The files has not even changes for month or years
Have anyone had the same problem, and been able to solve it?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0beaa807-1a20-46de-9caf-de8e58bdd7aa/error-sync-offline-folders-files-identical?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 74.82%

We're in a domain at work and a user have a folder on the server that he usually syncs with from his computer. The problem is that when I right click on the folder and choose "syncronize" it gives me "permission error". 
How do I fix this?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/367413f7-e36b-40d0-8b5d-c4b23fcecc12/permission-error-trying-to-sync-offline-files-windows-81-to-server?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi guys,
we don't like for sync the recycle bin during sync offline folder, but system do it automaticly. How to exclude it?
The same situation with subfolders 'My music' and 'My pictures'. We would like to sync 'My documents only'.
Please help!
Thank a lot

A:Exclude Recycle bin from Offline Files (Windows Sync Centre)

Hi,

You can click “Start”,
 input “Managed offline files” in Search box and press Enter.

In the window of Offline Files, go to General and click “View your offline files”

Then you can manage offline files folder in it.

This link maybe helpful to you:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc938875.aspx

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Leo  
Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b3688b3c-8446-4461-af38-041a7cb12762/exclude-recycle-bin-from-offline-files-windows-sync-centre?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 72.24%

I have a user (my CFO) that uses the offline sync like everyone else in our company. However, when he's working on a document offline he needs to reboot before that file will sync to the server regardless of if he's online again or not. It does sync when the computer is shutting down, but not manually or automatically while he's online.

I've tried numerous ideas to try to get it to work. My next step would be to re-initialize the database and see if that fixes the problem, but I wanted to see if anyone here has any less destructive ideas before I try that.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/offline-file-sync-problem.863801/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi All,

At my work a colleague has purchased 3 x ASUS Transformer Books, each of which is loaded with Windows 10 Home edition.

I need to access a file share using each of these Ultrabooks and ideally perform a sync using the offline files feature.*

Does Home edition support connecting to a Domain based file share with the ability to sync data (offline) on the said share?

If this isn't possible what are my options for syncing domain based files with a Home edition of Windows?

Kind Regards,

Davo

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/using-w10-home-edition-to-access-a-domain-based-file-share-and-sync-files-offline-1155530.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi,

I 've used sync center to sync 2 pc's and 1 server windows server 2008 r2 for My documents and Desktop.

I accidentally deleted some files from 1 PC and this resulted to be deleted also from the other PC and the server.

How can i restore these files back ?

Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3040e9f4-afbe-43de-b3bb-bef1da07bd43/sync-center-files-were-deleted-and-cannot-be-recovered?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello,

I recently tried out the Sync Center but found it would not meet my needs (i.e. cannot specify another location or partition to store the offline files). So I've decided not to use it however it had already sucked down about 22GB from my NAS and won't give it back.

I've tried disabling offline files and after a reboot I have not regained any space.
I've tried clicking delete temporary files on the disk usage tab of the offline files dialog. it runs through a list of the files in the storage saying it is removing them and then says completed removing offline files. but when I check the space has not been reclaimed and opening the offline files again still shows 22GB used.
I've tried "View your offline files" and selecting them and clicking delete. Shows a delete progress bar and then completed but still the files persist.

any suggestions please?

Regards.

A:Sync Center cannot delete temporary files

Very possibly,if you try backup and restore from a time prior to Sync Center, you may be restored to your original files. If that does not work, I would try a system restore from a time prior to your problem. I am fairly sure one of these remedies will work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/41250-sync-center-cannot-delete-temporary-files.html
Relevancy 67.08%

All our users' profiles desktop and Documents are stored Center problem Domain and Sync in the server AD server When they log Sync Center and Domain problem on or log off their offline files will auto sync I believed it s a domain policy when a user is created on AD the profile folder will auto create for sync as well Here is the case We have a local branch office they connect to head quarter via VPN Branch has their own local AD server and users profiles are store there locally but all AD servers link together We brought a Win PC back from branch to head Sync Center and Domain problem quarter I change this PC s IP and computer name take off and re-add to the domain I also deleted all other user s profile on the local computer However while a Head quarter user including admin log on to this PC it will auto link to the AD server on branch office then the sync Sync Center and Domain problem will fail since the user s profile is not there I tried to relocate the sync folder but the user got access denied whiling he tried to view his own profile I don t know how to change its default sync folder and delete it When I tried to add a new folder it said that there are no new sync partnerships I can set up I am pretty new to feather of Sync Center Any suggestion

A:Sync Center and Domain problem

How long was the Windows 7 Machine Removed from the domain?? Did the DCs have time to replicate? If not you need to remove the machine from the domain and force a replication, then wait about 15 minutes and add the machine back to the domain. -WS

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/137986-sync-center-domain-problem.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi I'm sitting with a big issue at a customer and ask for your help Environment - x Windows R file servers configured in offline before disabling Files: Check files? Offline users integrity CSC DFS - approx x Windows clients Laptops - x network shares Common Common and Homefolder nbsp - quot Offline Files quot and quot Folder Redirection quot enabled for entire user profile - Everything is controlled by GPOs and there are no login scripts Symptom Due to some faulty settings in Offline Files: Check users CSC integrity before disabling offline files? the client GPO and the fact that the quot Common quot shares was set to allow Offline Caching of files and folders the majority of clients now suffer from sync issues and conflicts Most of the conflicted files are located in the users home folder but some users are also seeing the same issues with files located on the quot Common quot shares The users themselfes are not allowed to enable Offline Files as this is disabled by GPOs The only folders that should be treated as Offline Files are the ones in the users home folder Solution A new set of GPOs have been created that correctly set up quot Offline Files quot and quot Folder Redirection quot These are linked to a test-OU and the computers and users applied to that OU are not suffering from the problems above Question When we move a client the cache will be deleted and all non-sync'd work will be lost Today we manually look at every users sync center and try to resolve the conflicts before we move them to the new OU This is extremely time consuming when we are looking at potentially affected clients Is there any way one could check the integrity of the clients CSC Offline Cache before they get moved to the new OU We have SCCM R for inventory but I cant find any good report there Maybe scripting with PowerShell or VB All advices are welcome Best regards Jimmy

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5789b8e2-2994-437e-8146-14bcc78a5487/offline-files-check-users-csc-integrity-before-disabling-offline-files?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 62.35%

Okay this one is a doozy We had our storage server OS drive crash on our domain which required a reinstall Luckily the data stores were all there still on a separate RAID so it was just a matter of redoing the shares after the reinstall However we ran into a problem with several laptop users As soon as they plugged into the network today all the work they did during the outage appears to be gone They appear only to have access to the files on the network which of course isn't current As a test Reinstall on Center 2008 Pending" Storage - Server "Sync R2 Sync laptops after I've tried disconnecting them from the local Sync Center - "Sync Pending" on laptops after Storage Server 2008 R2 Reinstall network to check their offline files Sync Center - "Sync Pending" on laptops after Storage Server 2008 R2 Reinstall disabling wireless and unplugging the dock and they appear to lose access to everything as a result now both desktop and files I've attempted a sync in Sync Center but it simply says quot Sync Pending quot and hangs there When I try to navigate to view my offline files on the system through the Sync Center interface it says quot The system cannot find the file specified quot Out of curiosity I tried manually navigating to Windows CSC and access is denied Even when attempting to take ownership as local admin it still doesn't want to let me in As many of the solutions suggest I know I could delete the cache and format the db and sync fresh from our network but they will lose out on all the changes they've made to their documents over the past week or so They may lose out on a significant amount of work Any ideas on what to do I read about an alternative to delete the relationship as suggested in other threads but I can't seem to do so unless there's something I need to toggle in GPO to do so Maybe that it's because GUID or SSID or whatever aren't matching up with regards to the quot new quot shares even though it's technically the same server and server name but that's just my guess The systems are running Windows Enterprise and the Domain is R functional level if that matters Shares were simply recreated Advanced Sharing option and the pre-existing NTFS permissions were simply retained nbsp NTFS permissions for the users home drive has the User Administrators Domain Admins and System with Full control and Creator Owner with special permissions Share permission is full for Authenticated Users Shares though housed in it the same folder are setup as individual shares server username I know I know it's just how things were when I got here I would just love to be able to get these files back for these users They would love it even more than I would haha nbsp Any help appreciated Thanks in advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1fd8f04e-4121-4922-b27d-b156919f2791/sync-center-quotsync-pendingquot-on-laptops-after-storage-server-2008-r2-reinstall?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 62.35%

Okay this one is a doozy We had our storage server OS drive crash on our domain which required a reinstall Luckily the data stores were all there still on a separate RAID so it was just a matter of redoing the shares after the reinstall However we ran into a problem with several laptop users As soon as they plugged into the network today all the work they did during the outage appears to be gone They appear only to have access to the files on the network which laptops Sync after R2 Rebuild Pending" Server - 2008 Center "Sync on Storage of course isn't current As a test I've tried disconnecting them from the local network to check their offline files disabling wireless and unplugging the dock and they appear to lose access to everything as a result now both desktop and files I've attempted a sync in Sync Sync Center - "Sync Pending" on laptops after Storage Server 2008 R2 Rebuild Center but it simply says quot Sync Pending quot and hangs there When I try to navigate to view my offline files on the system through the Sync Center interface it says quot The system cannot find the file specified quot Out of curiosity I tried Sync Center - "Sync Pending" on laptops after Storage Server 2008 R2 Rebuild manually navigating to Windows CSC and access is denied Even when attempting to take ownership as local admin it still doesn't want to let me in As many of the solutions suggest I know I could delete the cache and format the db and sync fresh from our network but they will lose out on all the changes they've made to their documents over the past week or so They may lose out on a significant amount of work Any ideas on what to do I read about an alternative to delete the relationship as suggested in other threads but I can't seem to do so unless there's something I need to toggle in GPO to do so Maybe that it's because GUID or SSID or whatever aren't matching up with regards to the quot new quot shares even though it's the same server and server name but that's just my guess The systems are running Windows Enterprise and the Domain is R functional level if that matters Shares were simply recreated Advanced Sharing option and the pre-existing NTFS permissions were simply retained nbsp NTFS permissions for the users home drive has the User Administrators Domain Admins and System with Full control and Creator Owner with special permissions Share permission is full for Authenticated Users Shares though housed in it the same folder are setup as individual shares server username I know I know it's just how things were when I got here I would just love to be able to get these files back for these users They would love it even more than I would haha nbsp Any help appreciated Thanks in advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1fd8f04e-4121-4922-b27d-b156919f2791/sync-center-quotsync-pendingquot-on-laptops-after-storage-server-2008-r2-rebuild?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 62.35%

I have a sync in my sync center for microsoft sql server 2000 that I can't get removed, i'm not real sure where it came from or how to get it to go away. When I right click on it i have options to open, explore, sync, schedule and properties. Stop sync, view conflicts and view results are grayed out. When I select open it shows the sync partnership details and has one entry where it says "To create a subscription: select this then click properties". Even if I do that the properties window shows up but has nothing that I can edit. I have attached two pics of whats going on. Any way I can get this to go away?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/238318-sync-wont-remove-sync-center.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi,

Please forgive me if I post at wrong category.

We are using sync center in our environment to sync our home drive to local drive using GPO, however we notice recently sync center partnership automatic create new sync without our notice, and is not configure in any GPO. Is anyone have idea how to trace
where this sync instruction from and how to stop it?

Due to GPO, our sync center option like "Disable offline file" is grey out and unable to use. And the new sync partnership will backup to local drive folder  C:\Windows\CSC and unable to delete it. Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/799713d4-50b1-426f-99a0-a954e174a563/sync-center-sync-issue?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a nailed up VPN between 2 sites the remote site is connected to the main and is joined to the domain.

I have set the workstation up so that when the user logs on and off the my documents synchronises back to the Main site. since there are more and more documents in this folder its becoming very slow. when the user clicks on my documents its taking around 15 seconds to open, i have checked all the dns and ip settings and its as it was originally when it was quick, is there a way to make the folder offline without terminating the VPN link so that they can work on it and then when they log off, it syncs back to the server.

Many thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vpn-and-offline-folder-sync-help-please.649461/
Relevancy 61.06%

ADULT PAGES POPPING UP OFFLINE, UNABLE TO REMOVE.

A:Unwelcome Sync.pop Up Offline

Welcome to TSG, FLY90MPH.

To help you identify the source of the problem we need to have a thorough look at your "startup profile". Go to the site below, download Startuplog.zip, unzip and run Startuplog.com. Copy and paste the full contents of Startuplog.txt (not stubbpaths.txt) to your next reply.

http://home.earthlink.net/~rmbox/Reticulated/Toys.html

And if you are not running an updated antivirus scanner, you should do an online scan here:

http://housecall.antivirus.com/pc_housecall/

Since you say these pages are popping up offline, you should also go to Internet Options and delete both the Temporary Internet Cache and its Offline content.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unwelcome-sync-pop-up-offline.68851/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi All I am using offline file amp folder Sync option to my Document on Network drive It works fine as Windows automatically sync the offline files on which I work while I am away from the network or not connected However when I create a new file in offline mode and connect my laptop with network the file created in offline mode disappeared deleted I have gone through with blogs and dox to understand that Anytime you sync it update the file with the latest version nbsp on network folder If it is the case then how can I Sync the files I create when working offline nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp File Offline Sync and Folder nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Sarwar

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d300d960-de30-4b73-862d-5906a4a8b104/offline-file-and-folder-sync?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello all We have an issue with offline folder sync conflicts folder Offline on Windows All the users have sync conflicts errors We use the Offline folder sync conflicts CIFS for our users nbsp home directory offline folder nbsp I have Offline folder sync conflicts found this solution Click Start type regedit in the Start Search box and then press ENTERLocate and then click the following registry subkey HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Offline folder sync conflicts Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion NetCache nbsp On the Edit menu point to New and then click Key Type SyncConflictHandling and then press ENTERRight-click SyncConflictHandling point to New and then click Expandable String Value Type the path of the network share as the value name for example servername share Right-click the value name and then click Modify In the Value data box enter a value listed in the table below and then click OK The possible values for SyncConflictHandling and a description of each value is listed is this table What is the best way to fix the offline folder sync conflict issue nbsp Thanks Ira

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bc614352-9b11-47e3-84b9-81d8a195fd2b/offline-folder-sync-conflicts?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 60.2%

We have a new employee that wants to use her laptop, which is fine. It is a Dell with XP pro. At her former job she was synchronizing her offline files with their Win 2003 server.

I have set it up to work on our network and to synchronize offline files with our Win 2003 server. All this is working great, but it still attempts to synchronize with the old server.

I looked on line and did not find any advice on how to make it forget the old server. Any thoughts? It is working at the moment, but really annoying.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40663/offline-file-sync-issues/
Relevancy 59.77%

I'm using a laptop (WinXP) at work and want to use offline files for some folders and files. When I enable offline folders my entire home folder (H:\) is default made available offline. The option to remove "make available offline" on these folders are just grayed out so I can't remove it. My H:\ is more that 1GB so I don't want it syncronised. How can I change/remove/fix this? Why is there alot of files that are made available offline by default, and not possible to remove?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/offline-files-problem.199776/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey all first timer here hope ya ll can help me A client of mine needed to have her files on her network drive able to be taken with her on her laptop so I did some research found the in XP Offline Problem Files with quot offline files quot function of XP I quickly learned how to use it and when I went to set it up for Problem with Offline Files in XP her the quot Offline Files Folder quot contained all the files but none of the folders I selected the option to quot take files from subfolders quot and such and every file in the drive was in the folder but not organized in folders I cannot create any folders inside the quot Offline Files Folder quot either Due to the ammount of files she has she absolutely needs her files in folders So I instead set up a briefcase for her and that shows folders just fine but it doesnt synchronize automatically So I have two problems and a fix for either or both would do fine How do I organize quot Offline files quot into folders -or- How do I setup a Briefcase to automatically synchronize it s contents Thanks a lot nbsp

A:Problem with Offline Files in XP

Have you looked at the Microsoft SincToy? . .

Goofy name, but it gets good press . .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-offline-files-in-xp.464518/
Relevancy 59.77%

Since user has been migrated to Vista Enterprise, offline files have not been functioning correctly. It appears to ONLY be that way for newly created files and folders. Sync log indicates that "the files are in use by another system."

All other users syncing to the same server are fine.

I've disabled Indexing, but that did not take care of it.
I've also googled the heck out of this. Nothing worked.

If I go to the actual server location and sync from there, it works without issue, but not the other way. There's a similar error for every created file or folder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Vista Offline Folder Sync Issue

Bump. Request for help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-offline-folder-sync-issue-460592.html
Relevancy 59.77%

"Always available offline" options click on but nothing happens..sync not started...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/offline-folder-sync-issue-windows-7.1074553/
Relevancy 59.34%

have a laptop that I have mapped two drives to shares on my server, drives Y: and Z:. I have enabled offline files for both and made serveral folders available offiline. The files were copied to my local Cache. When I travel off the network to another location where I have another wireless network setup with the same domain name the server status for the now not present server is "online" when if fact it is not there. The mapped drive status in explorer is disconnected Network Drive. However when I open the Offline Files folder I see all the cached files and the Server Status for all files is online.

Is there a way I can force the server status to offline so that I can access these files via the mapped drives I have set up.

Both systems are running WinXP Pro SP3. What am I missing?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-windows-xp-offline-files.836427/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi everyone,

Is making a file available offline and sync it contain the same size or as the same as you copying a file manually?

Thanks.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/303740-making-file-available-offline-sync-contain-same-size-you-copying.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi, seems like my case is quite different..offline status = offline (need to sync), i try to sync again but getting error = "access is denied"

A:failed to sync offline file - access denied

Hi, recently i facing an issue with Windows sync center. seems like my files was unable to sync to server and the status of the offline = offline (need to sync), all this file still store in CSC folder which i dont have permission to access. please advise.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/357694-failed-sync-offline-file-access-denied.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello. I have Windows 8.1 and when I right click on a network file, I do not see "Always Available Online." Have tried to find help online to no avail.

A:Problem With Syncing Offline Files Windows 8.1

Originally Posted by seanhemi

Hello. I have Windows 8.1 and when I right click on a network file, I do not see "Always Available Online." Have tried to find help online to no avail.

Have you checked out the tutorial for this as I'm not completely sure where you are looking.

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...ows-8-1-a.html

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/35870-problem-syncing-offline-files-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 56.33%

In Control Panel, this item--Sync Center, is to sync files between computer and network folders. I opened it and I was told I have no sync partnership and sync activity. And there is zero explanation what this whole thing is.

What is it. And what are network folders? (I Binged it and it got worse...there are several blogs on what to do with them but no explanation what they are.)

A:Sync Center

Hello Pappi,

See all of the Offline Files tutorials at the Tutorial index below to help get more information about this. Afterwards, please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Windows 7 - Tutorial Index

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/319244-sync-center.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Spent half the day trying to figure out why Center Sync I don't have anything in Sync Center in Vista HP and now I stumble across an old post here which informs me it's not to be had on HP I fail to understand why this feature is part of the installed programs when it's not available in Home Premium what a waste of time Tried Sync Toy to keep some personal files up to date between my PC Home Premium and Laptop Sync Center Ultimate but I don't seem to be able to make that work right either used quot Contacts quot for a try and files get updated from my Laptop unto the PC but not the other way around using quot synchronize quot Switched left and right sides for either machine same result I can't even use Briefcase which I got set up on an external HD connected to my PC because the personal files are under a different user name on the Laptop At least for me Vista has become an absolute nightmare

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/206903-sync-center.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I'm having a problem where my Treo 700 isn't even recognized as a device in Sync Center. I hear it connect, and it even see's the devices for storage and media, but doesn't see the device itself to be able to sync. Anyone have a work-around? No support form Microsoft, Verizon, or Palm. Everyone points to Sync Center being the solution, but how can that be I if it DOESN'T FIND IT?!

I've also tried other devices, and they aren't being recognized either (Motorola Q; iRiver... don't get me started on Zune).

http://www.vistax64.com/software/151633-sync-center.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Laptop - Vista Home
PC - Vista Home

I want to sync both of their contact list's, and calander's.

Vista's Sync Center looks promising but from what i have read is geared towards device/pc sync not pc to pc sync.
any ideas how i can activley sync both pcs?

A:Sync Center - 2 PC's

No, but SyncToy (also from Microsoft--free) can do this. It will sync folders.

Keep in mind, if you are using Outlook, while the Contact list is a separate file, the calendar is part of the PST file (with mail).

Courtney

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sync-center-2-pcs.761722/
Relevancy 56.33%

I've noticed Sync Center rules have been setup by itself I believe this is to have a local copy of Sync Center my files from my network in case I don't have network access Is Sync Center this correct How does Win decide which files to sync Are they the folders I add to my quot Libraries quot Since it syncs files from a server that's always on and not just a network drive that may not be on all Sync Center the time is there any reason why I cannot turn off this feature If not how Also I use Sync Toy and Task Scheduler to copy local files to my server every night for backup reasons How is Sync Center different than Sync Toy Would Sync Center be a better option for this task I clicked on quot Set up new sync partnerships quot but got the message that quot There are no new sync partnerships that can be set up on this computer quot Is this because my server is a Windows Home Server box Is this also why the syncs that were setup automatically quot files from my Library quot received error messages stating that it could not connect Sorry for all the questions I appreciate any help Jamie

A:Sync Center

Hello Jamie,

Sync Center is used to manage your Offline Files from your network. The ability to use Offline Files is enabled by default in Windows 7, but can be disabled. If you wanted to have offline files, then you would have to manually make the network files or folders available offline first since there are none available by default. The tutorials below can help give you more details and information on this though.Offline Files - Enable or Disable the Use Of
Offline Files - Encrypt or Unencrypt
Offline Files - Manage Disk Space Usage
Offline Files Status - View and Change
Offline Files - View All
I have not used Sync Toy, so I'm not sure how it compares with using Sync Center and Offline Files in Windows 7. It seems to do a great job for me with my WHS server though. You might give it a try to see how you like it.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/51500-sync-center.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I am trying to use two 320mb iomega Ego's 2 sync laptops, in the sync center , set up new sync partnerships it doesn't find them, however it finds an sd card in the sd card reader so the sync center works.

How do I get them to see the Ego's?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sync-center.757895/
Relevancy 56.33%

Using Sync Center, is it possible to sync files and folders between 2 computers over a network; and if so how do I do it?

I have been able to sync a network folder to offline files on Vista, but the problem I am having is what if the network was down and I created a new file or folder. Can I add that file or folder to the offline files somehow and then have it automatically sync when the network is back up?

A:looking for help with sync center

I'd have a look at the Sync Centre Help section if I was you.
Appears you can do what you want to but seems heaps of info under Help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-for-help-with-sync-center.594626/
Relevancy 55.9%

so i created a sync between my laptop and my desktop just to see how the feature works, and now it took up a large chunk of my hdd (around 5 gigs), and i have no idea how to regain that space. There's no options in the sync center in control panel to remove sync partnerships.

Can someone please help me?

A:Sync Center problems, please help!! :( :(

Have you tried to do a disk cleanup to see if the data is there and remove it that way?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/18822-sync-center-problems-please-help.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I m having problems using Windows Vista Sync Center I want to sync folders on my laptop and my desktop Unfortunately whenever I go to sync center and select quot set up new partnerships quot the only item that shows up is Offline Files I m assuming here I should be seeing a list of computers on my network Not really sure why they re not showing up Here s the rundown Laptop Stats HP Pavilion x Notebook PC AMD Turion X Mobile Technology TL- GHz MB RAM bit operating system Windows Vista Business Norton Internet Security Desktop Stats Self-built Intel Motherboard socket Pentium GHz MB RAM bit operating system Windows Vista Ultimate Norton Internet Security I m using a D-Link Rangerbooster N wireless router So far what I ve done is- For both computers -Went into Center problems Having with Sync Norton Having problems with Sync Center Internet Security Firewall settings and put the IP addresses of each computer under the quot trusted quot list of devices -File sharing is enabled in Network and Sharing center In control panel network connections I am able to see all the computers on the network and access change their files Seems like I ve covered all my bases Anyone know if I m forgetting something or doing sometihng wrong Any help would be AWESOME nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-problems-with-sync-center.601736/
Relevancy 55.9%

does any one know how to turn off microsoft sync center? so the process wont start? i looked in msconfig. but nothing in the start up. and i tried the sync center icon in the control panel. nothing there either

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-sync-center.591361/
Relevancy 55.9%

My Wife has a new ASUS tablet with Windows 8.1 Pro on it, and a Desktop with the same OS and we want to keep her checking program current on both machines. Can Sync Center be used to do this or is there something better. Thanks

A:Sync Center Windows 8.1 Pro

If she is sharing files between the desktop & tablet, she should maybe store them in a Cloud account or NAS on your network. I keep my files stored in an Owncloud storage space, that my brother runs on a server at his house. Only family members have access. I also keep a copy in my box.com. Backups for the systems are kept on my NAS on my network.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/60386-sync-center-windows-8-1-pro.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi My question is about the Sync Center feature found in both the Windows Vista and control panels Microsoft describes it like this Windows Vista Center Sync between computers three introduces Sync Center which enables users to synchronize their data with other computers and devices from one common user interface I cant get this thing set up I cannot see any folders from the other computers on this thing I can access folders the Network explorer but I dont want to Sync Center between three computers share files where I can pull a file off another system I want to sync files where the most up-to-date version is placed onto all systems when systems are available for the sync process Apparently the Sync Center is geared toward mobile devices despite Sync Center between three computers its claims for use with computer files I want to use it with Onenote and some document folders The onenote sync feature doesnt work with Vista for me I suppose I can use Syncback which I like but if there's a built-in option such as Sync Center I'd like to use that Thanks PS Two Windows desktop systems and one Windows Vista laptop that will be upgraded to Windows as soon as the free-upgrade-to-windows- disc comes in

Relevancy 55.9%

I am using a mapped networked folder on a Dlink DNS-323 NAS box. The sync sets up fine and synchronizing without reporting errors.

I have created a shortcut from the networked folder 'x:\users\SyncUser' to the desktop.
When I click 'Work Offiline' from explorer, I can use the shortcut to open the folder, but I receive an error message saying the 'file is not currently available on this computer'. Trying to access the same file through the Sync Center gives the same error.

Any suggestions what I might be doing wrong, and how I can get this working please? Thanks in advance
Cliff

A:Sync Center Problems

I see lots of views. Anyone have any ideas?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/109457-sync-center-problems.html
Relevancy 55.9%

hello all...
can someone tell me what this is...
cause its really getting on my **** now ..
cant get rid it out my desktop bar...
can i unistall it or get rid of it ?
thanks

A:sync center whats that ?

Originally Posted by Noddsta

hello all...
can someone tell me what this is...
cause its really getting on my **** now ..
cant get rid it out my desktop bar...
can i unistall it or get rid of it ?
thanks

Hi Noddsta,

Have a look here;
How to remove Sync Center Icon from system tray in vista | Windows Reference

I hope this helps

Pooch

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/216158-sync-center-whats.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Okay controlling Sync etc. WM5, Vista, Center, frustration - barely Here's the chain of events My PPC has been on the fritz a bit lately I called the maker's tech support and they gave me instructions to do a hard reset Essentially getting rid of everything on the little bugger and starting fresh Fine I did that knowing that all my contacts calendar crap and all was on Vista, WM5, Sync Center, etc. my Vista running PC After the hard reset I plug back in Sync Center goes to work and syncs me back up It's like nothing ever happened That was a few weeks ago Now the saying When it rains it pours Just the other day Norton ran out of subscription Fine I wanted to try the freebies anyway I uninstall Norton using their whiz-bang uninstaller thing that I found through a thread on the forum I then install AVG AV Free and Comodo FW Comodo needs to restart after a quick check of everything I get to my login screen enter info screen goes black beep restarts This continues a few more times each time I hope and pray it's a glitch Not so I restart in safe mode uninstall Comodo clean the reg w CCleaner back to normal Decide Okay Norton worked fine Internet Security actually sounds good Before this happens while making calls to local shops to find a copy my PPC starts fritzing again Hard-reset attempt to plug back into PC to regain contacts etc in so doing I break the USB port on the front of my tower how I don't know so I try the port next to it It goes in I hear the du-DUN of a new USB something or other being found Windows Mobile Device Center starts but only the starting screen I hear a strange DU-dudun but it's not the sound it makes when the USB is unplugged It can only sound like an error Meanwhile WMDC startup screen just sits there never officially locking up but never entering into the program either I end the process open up Sync Center to try to set up a new partnership and it says none are available to set up I open WMDC back up it tries to connect and after a few minutes I get the error down the bottom left I've tried hard-resetting the PPC several times each with this outcome The PC wouldn't even recognize the new USB entry and find the drivers Finally I go through my WM device settings go to connections USB to PC and uncheck the box quot Advanced Network Functionality quot Hallelujah My PC has found it DU-dudun Error sound PPC nowhere to be found Same crap with WMDC No partnerships available in Sync Center I've tried difference USB ports I finally bought Norton thinking maybe it was a firewall issue Nothing helps is going on

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-wm5-sync-center-etc-316884.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have been experiencing mobsync.exe crashes for awhile now. i recently did a full system recovery of vista and the problem is still occuring. i have a crash report of this and i have no idea what "stackhash" is. any help would be greatly appreciated. This problem does not seem to effect my systems performance, but it's a nuisance because it happens a couple times a day.-------------------------------------------------------ProductMicrosoft Sync CenterProblemStopped workingDate1/12/2009 5:34 PMStatusNot ReportedProblem signatureProblem Event Name: APPCRASHApplication Name: mobsync.exeApplication Version: 6.0.6001.18000Application Timestamp: 47918e41Fault Module Name: StackHash_da73Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a7a6Exception Code: c0000374Exception Offset: 000b015dOS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3Locale ID: 1033Additional Information 1: da73Additional Information 2: fceb6e81fdaa8035d2dc00c8080def9fAdditional Information 3: 9d3dAdditional Information 4: c717481b325cc7bec74f1fc1069d39c0--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------let me know if there is any more information you need. Thanks!

A:Microsoft Sync Center

Do you have any other syncing software installed on the computer?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/194992/microsoft-sync-center/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello All

I have found a lot of complaints on the Sync Center but very little solutions.

The problem I am having is whenever I plug in any external memory device (I.E. Ipod) I get: Microsoft Syn Center has stopped working. I do received a workaround through the build in help thingy but it does not work. I have also tried replacing the wmp.dll file and that does not work. The Sync center intself shows nothing, as if it is not even being used. The error menu gives you the option to close program and after which all seems to work as normal. I am the kind of person who wants things to work and not just have a band aid put over it.

Thanks Tim

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sync-center-problems.813917/
Relevancy 55.04%

I am still having issues getting offline files to work correctly I have a notebook running Windows Pro that syncs with a options available dissapeared option in tab offline" "Always folder and Offline Files desktop also running Win Pro After a clean install due to the many issues I've had dealing with Offline Files before I just synced folder to see if it would work And it did Windows synced the folder and it was made available offline I could easily make folders available offline by simply right-clicking "Always available offline" option and Offline Files tab dissapeared in folder options on a folder and clicking the option quot Always available offline quot I was also able to successfully sync my Documents Desktop and Favorites folders using folder redirection Oddly when I tried to make a new folder available offline a few weeks later the option is gone for any other folders new or previously existing And when I right-click on a folder or file and choose Properties the "Always available offline" option and Offline Files tab dissapeared in folder options Offline Files tab no longer shows as well I have a fairly simple home network setup My notebook computer syncs with a desktop PC also running Windows Professional I call this the quot Server quot PC Nothing has changed network-wise or configuration wise on either PC I haven't messed with any network settings or played around with offline files settings since the last successful sync No new networking hardware has been added either Screenshots below screenshot See the three folders below with the green sync icon over them But notice how the quot Always available offline quot option is missing from the menu when I right-click on any folder screenshot below If I right-click on one of those quot original quot folders and go to Properties notice how the Offline Files tab is visible However I can no longer uncheck this folder from being available offline If I uncheck the quot Always available offline quot check box Apply then hit OK nothing happens And when I go back into the Properties for that folder the check box is checked again It's like it doesn't even save my settings Oh and another strange issue while I'm here The quot Media quot folder shown below doesn't actually sync It shows that it's marked to be available offline but as soon as I disconnect from the network it's not available But the other folders DO sync regularly Only the Media folder doesn't sync at all the media folder just has a few video files less than MB screenshot below Here is screen shot of me trying to make the quot ClientData quot folder available offline but the quot Always available offline quot options does not appear when I right-click on it Any ideas as to what would cause this and or how to fix Keep in mind that I disabled and re-enabled offline files increased the space reserved for offline files played with the group policy settings trying to force the folder to sync and then I reformatted the database all to no avail Thanks in advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6285c814-837c-4798-838f-e2ba00dec5fe/quotalways-available-offlinequot-option-and-offline-files-tab-dissapeared-in-folder-options?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 55.04%

Do any of the Forum members have "hands-on" experience in using Vista Sync Center with Outlook 2007 and a Windows Mobile device?

Any comments, observations, precautions, frustrations or annoyances will be appreciated.... in other words... the Good the Bad and the Ugly

TiA

T.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-sync-center-and-outlook.732844/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi all

Interesting issue, just changed over from windows media centre 2005 to Windows Vista Home Premium and set up ye ol media centre,

However the guide is currently about 6 hours ahead of the actual tv program

Any one seen this before,

Thanks

Ross

A:Media center guide out of sync

Hi, rosco2900, and welcome to the forums.

I am assuming that your computer time is *not* 6 hours ahead?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/173797-media-center-guide-out-sync.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have been having a strange problem where Sync Center seems to be storing network drives as offline folders Even though I am connected to the network all the time and the network drives never go offline they still become unavailable The network drive appear in the Sync Network and Center drives sync partnerships but I have not set these up and have been unable to remove them even when turning offline files off and back on again The only Sync which should be there is the folder for eel the rest are network drives which it should not be trying to Sync It is causing files to become unavailable even when I am currently working on them so I can't save them http img imageshack us img syncc jpg http img imageshack us img linefolder jpg As you can see here some of the files have become unavailable compared with above http img imageshack us img inefolders jpg I have disabled all the firewalls and AV on computer and the problems is still happening Any help would be very appreciated as its now almost impossible to work on files on any of the network drives

A:Sync Center and Network drives

I have also noticed that if I put the full path of the network drive \\server01\shared the files become available how ever if I go to v: which i mapped to that location, the files will sometimes dissapear as shown here

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/1...inefolders.jpg

Does anyone know the reason for this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/90224-sync-center-network-drives.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I am in an all vmware setup currently in Sync Gateway With Wont Center the a single data center nbsp I have one domain controller so far in the deployment dc nbsp I have one Center ata and a gateway atagwy ata has two nics nbsp One with the management site on it and Gateway Wont Sync With the Center another nic with just an ip and subnetmask and it has the service site nbsp The gateway has two nics nbsp One for management and the mirrored port promiscuous mode in vmware on a network adapter named capture Gateway Wont Sync With the Center nbsp Capture has an ip address of as suggested in a MS document nbsp I have downloaded the gateway package and installed it on the gateway nbsp I went to the console and set the settings for the FQDN of my dc the capture nic etc nbsp At the top it just says synching with the latest configuration but does not seem to be progressing nbsp I see in the demos that they can search for a user in just a minute but it has been and i still see nothing nbsp I have turned the firewall off on both Gateway Wont Sync With the Center network adapters of both servers nbsp How can i see what is causing the issues for this sync nbsp Ifi search for a user it will just yield a blank search result nbsp It does say that if discovered a new domain on the right side but nothing more nbsp NNatic I also have this error in the health section ATA Gateway Stopped Communicating lt monitoring-alert-loader part quot description quot gt There has not been communication from the ATA Gateway BBC-ATAGWY for at least minutes Last communication was on Wednesday May at PM lt monitoring-alert-loader gt Wednesday May at PM lt input class quot ng-pristine ng-untouched ng-valid quot ng-model quot select quot type quot hidden quot gt Open Resolved Dismissed lt monitoring-alert-loader part quot recommendations quot gt Recommendations Check that the ATA Gateway service is up and runningCheck the network connectivity between the ATA Gateway and the ATA Center Service Check that the port used for the communication between the ATA Gateway and ATA Center Service is not blocked by any routers or firewalls lt monitoring-alert-loader gt

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3defe8a1-46fd-4329-b768-504af10ab999/gateway-wont-sync-with-the-center?forum=mata
Relevancy 55.04%

I believe I have set up ATA correctly but for some reason my center and gateway are failing to sync Where should i begin to troubleshoot this Center Gateway and sync to failing problem the following error was in the gateway log Center and Gateway failing to sync - - nbsp nbsp Center and Gateway failing to sync - - - - Error KeyedObjectPool Microsoft Tri Infrastructure ContractException Contract exception nbsp nbsp Microsoft Tri Infrastructure Utils KeyedObjectPool ctor IReadOnlyCollection Center and Gateway failing to sync keysToItems Int maxSize CancellationToken cancellationToken Action itemRemovedCallback nbsp nbsp Microsoft Tri Gateway Resolution DirectoryServicesClient OnStart nbsp nbsp Microsoft Tri Infrastructure Framework Module Start nbsp nbsp Microsoft Tri Infrastructure Framework ModuleManager OnStart nbsp nbsp Microsoft Tri Infrastructure Framework Module Start nbsp nbsp Microsoft Tri Infrastructure Framework Service OnStart String args - - nbsp nbsp - - - - Error KeyedObjectPool Microsoft Tri Infrastructure ContractException Contract exception nbsp nbsp Microsoft Tri Infrastructure Utils KeyedObjectPool ctor IReadOnlyCollection keysToItems Int maxSize CancellationToken cancellationToken Action itemRemovedCallback nbsp nbsp Microsoft Tri Gateway Resolution DirectoryServicesClient OnStart nbsp nbsp Microsoft Tri Infrastructure Framework Module Start nbsp nbsp Microsoft Tri Infrastructure Framework ModuleManager OnStart nbsp nbsp Microsoft Tri Infrastructure Framework Module Start nbsp nbsp Microsoft Tri Infrastructure Framework Service OnStart String args - - nbsp nbsp - - - - Error KeyedObjectPool Microsoft Tri Infrastructure ContractException Contract exception nbsp nbsp Microsoft Tri Infrastructure Utils KeyedObjectPool ctor IReadOnlyCollection keysToItems Int maxSize CancellationToken cancellationToken Action itemRemovedCallback nbsp nbsp Microsoft Tri Gateway Resolution DirectoryServicesClient OnStart nbsp nbsp Microsoft Tri Infrastructure Framework Module Start nbsp nbsp Microsoft Tri Infrastructure Framework ModuleManager OnStart nbsp nbsp Microsoft Tri Infrastructure Framework Module Start nbsp nbsp Microsoft Tri Infrastructure Framework Service OnStart String args - - nbsp nbsp - - - - Error KeyedObjectPool Microsoft Tri Infrastructure ContractException Contract exception nbsp nbsp Microsoft Tri Infrastructure Utils KeyedObjectPool ctor IReadOnlyCollection keysToItems Int maxSize CancellationToken cancellationToken Action itemRemovedCallback nbsp nbsp Microsoft Tri Gateway Resolution DirectoryServicesClient OnStart nbsp nbsp Microsoft Tri Infrastructure Framework Module Start nbsp nbsp Microsoft Tri Infrastructure Framework ModuleManager OnStart nbsp nbsp Microsoft Tri Infrastructure Framework Module Start nbsp nbsp Microsoft Tri Infrastructure Framework Service OnStart String args - - nbsp nbsp - - - - Error KeyedObjectPool Microsoft Tri Infrastructure ContractException Contract exception nbsp nbsp Microsoft Tri Infrastructure Utils KeyedObjectPool ctor IReadOnlyCollection keysToItems Int maxSize CancellationToken cancellationToken Action itemRemovedCallback nbsp nbsp Microsoft Tri Gateway Resolution DirectoryServicesClient OnStart nbsp nbsp Microsoft Tri Infrastructure Framework Module Start nbsp nbsp Microsoft Tri Infrastructure Framework ModuleManager OnStart nbsp nbsp Microsoft Tri Infrastructure Framework Module Start nbsp nbsp Microsoft Tri Infrastructure Framework Service OnStart String args - - nbsp nbsp - - - - Error KeyedObjectPool Microsoft Tri Infrastructure ContractException Contract exception nbsp nbsp Microsoft Tri Infrastructure Utils KeyedObjectPool ctor IReadOnlyCollection keysToItems Int maxSize CancellationToken cancellationToken Action itemRemovedCallback nbsp nbsp Microsoft Tri Gateway Resolution DirectoryServicesClient OnStart nbsp nbsp Microsoft Tri Infrastructure Framework Module Start nbsp nbsp Microsoft Tri Infrastructure Framework ModuleManager OnStart nbsp nbsp Microsoft Tri In... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/66b10cb1-1afa-4157-a0d2-09abb4d64583/center-and-gateway-failing-to-sync?forum=mata
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello We are planning to migrate our home drives about users from old storage array Celerra Array to not Center Sync properly Syncing new storage array Isilon Array Couple of Sync Center not Syncing properly months ago we started migrating users We faced many problems We sent out emails to the users telling them Sync Center not Syncing properly to clear Sync conflicts so that it would copy the data from their U Drive Group policy to the Celerra Array But when they started doing that after all the Sync conflicts has been cleared we expected that the data from U drives will be copied to Celerra Array but it is happening reverse way As the Sync relation ship was broke what ever the work they do it is been saving on their local PC's and not reflecting on Celerra Array So once the Sync relation is made good by clearing all the conflicts Sync center got connected to the Array and is overriding the data from Celerra to U drive by which they are losing all their data saved these many days This is only for those users whose Sync relation is broken We tried many ways to copy the data from user laptops U Drive to Isilon but its not copying the offline files which got created when the Sync relation broken Can someone please suggest an idea to deal with these home drive migrations nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/850d7aa6-7da1-448b-af87-5529238fa356/sync-center-not-syncing-properly?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 55.04%

I'm running Vista

First is the Sync Center thing. I don't know how it got on my computer, but I don't want it, I don't work with SQL at all at home, and everytime I boot up it does the "Installing" thing. It's really annoying.

Does this need to be on my computer? Can I remove it? How?

Now for my second problem, the TOSHIBA error.

The reason I know its something to do with TOSHIBA, is because I googled the process name; heres the problem though.
Almost everytime I boot up, I get this:

I'm not sure why though.

If anyone has any insight on either of these problems, please post.

Thank you.

A:Sync Center and a TOSHIBA error? :s

Hi -

Toshiba first - Many of the OEM (manufacturer) programs were written for XP and eventhough some/most not-Vista compatible, here they are on Vista. On several of my systems - HP, Fujitsu, Sony, etc... I have disabled ALL system services that I could locate. I would advise that you do the same - but 1 at a time to assure that none are essential to your system's performance.

START | type services.msc - locate Toshiba services, 2x-click on the service, click on STOP (if running), click on Automatic or manual and change it to Disabled (drop down menu). Click Apply, then OK.

I would suggest that you do the same for the Sync Center if it is present in Services. If not, try MS SysInternals AutoRuns. Download AutoRuns from MS TechNet and SAVE to desktop. Right-click on icon and select Run as administrator. Go through the tabs starting w/ LOGON. If you find the Sync Center, un-check it. This will prevent it from start-up. You can re-check any that you un-check whenever you like.

Before you do anything, I suggest that you create a system restore point as both methods listed above will affect the registry.
START | rstrui - create restore point.

SysInternals Autoruns - http://live.sysinternals.com/autoruns.exe

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sync-center-and-a-toshiba-error-s-359448.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Vista Mobile Sometimes it does sync but frequently it won't One time I will plug in and it will sync and stay connected and continue syncing as long as necessary just connection issues Sync Center like I assume it is supposed to Other times there is some initialization but no connection Sometimes it will disconnect after Sync Center connection issues some Sync Center connection issues time of syncing activity I have resorted to keeping an icon on my desktop to reinstall sync center and that will frequently initiate a sync but not always If I reboot the laptop the PDA is recognized but only as an external drive Then when I do the Sync Center reinstall it will usually initialize and complete the sync I have run the entire gambit of rebooting the laptop rebooting the PDA plugging and unplugging trying different USB ports and cables Sometimes it works but a most of the time I just keep trying different things until I get a sync I have occasionally considered trying bluetooth just to see if it would make any difference

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sync-center-connection-issues-323645.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Vista Home Premium SP2(pre installed) x86
HP Pavillion dv6700 notebook
Intel 2.5 GHz
3GB RAM

I keep receiving "Microsoft Sync Center has stopped working" messages. Sometimes they appear randomly and other times when i unplug my external harddrive. here is an error reports i got today. Any help would be great. I seem to get at least one of these a day. Thanks!
----------------------------------------
Product
Microsoft Sync Center

Problem
Stopped working

Date
1/11/2009 2:49 PM

Status
Not Reported

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: mobsync.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Application Timestamp: 47918e41
Fault Module Name: StackHash_05b1
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a7a6
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: 000b015d
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 05b1
Additional Information 2: bbb9cb551794c105862a67190274408b
Additional Information 3: 3f6c
Additional Information 4: 1f4eee5c907da1fe215eb192549c3bad

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/microsoft-sync-center-not-responding-334053.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I've got a question about using Sync with Windows Sync Center.

I have a NAS device on the network which has a folder synced to my documents on the local computer via Sync Center. My question is, when I save a file to my documents, while connected to the network, does the file save to the offline directory and then sync to the NAS or, since I'm currently connected to the NAS, does it write directly to the NAS?

Thanks,

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/33950-windows-8-sync-center-question.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,
I have several users complaiing about conflicts in their Sync Center (we use My Documents' redirection), especially about their being not so evident.
Is there any way to get a sort of warning balloon in case of conlicts?
Thanks.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6662f43f-3ffe-436c-b8ab-49ce42ed64b2/any-warning-balloon-available-for-sync-center-conflicts?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,
when Windows detects conflicts in Sync Center, is there a "place" where this info is sotred, so to be retrieved (in example, by a ConfigMgr custom inventory job)?
The goal is to have a report of all computers experiencing Sync Center conflicts.
Thanks.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0ebf08d3-c2eb-481e-9caf-6d696336d2b4/tracking-computers-with-sync-center-conflicts?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a Motorola Q9h from AT&T running Windows Mobile 6 Standard.

I'm trying to sync the phone with Outlook 2007 on a computer running the Windows 7 RC. When attempting to sync through the Windows Mobile Device Center I receive an error message saying that "the server could not be reached".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-mobile-device-center-cant-sync.874853/
Relevancy 54.61%

hello,
Where can I find "how to" sync 1 way or 2 way? Microsoft site does not help much.

Thanks in advance

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/313433/vista-sync-center-problems-is-this-the-right-form/
Relevancy 54.61%

Recently, my HTC Dash stopped syncing with Outlook on my computer. I can still access the individual files in it; however, I lost all my contact and calendar information.

When I try to set up a sync partnership, I get an error:

There is a problem with your connection. Please disconnect and reconnect your device and try again.

I have tried rebooting the computer, rebooting the phone. I also can't run windows update on the phone.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/194031-mobile-device-center-wont-sync-htc-dash.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I currently run windows 7 professional sync center with no issue. my company is changing the IP address of my current network path (partnership). is there a way to change my current partnership to the new path name? I do not see how to do this in the sync center control panel. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
vagator

A:Sync Center Help - Trying to change parternship path

Have a read of this, especially Step 3 onwards:

Sync Offline Files

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/307124-sync-center-help-trying-change-parternship-path.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi there I have a Dell Axim X using Windows Mobile I have Windows Ultimate x Before that I was using Vista Ultimate x and had no problem connecting my Axim to my computer Now I am trying to make my Axim work with Windows After much hassle I successfully installed the drivers The Axim now shows up in My Computer Devices and WMDC) Center Dell (and Axim Not Sync Seeing Printer and the Device Manager all without any problems errors or yellow exclamation points All says the device is quot working properly Sync Center (and WMDC) Not Seeing Dell Axim quot However when I open Sync Center it does not see any device Also when I click on Windows Mobile Device Center the application does not launch The only thing that comes up is the Connection Settings screen shown here Neither Sync Center nor WMDC seem to connect Although wmdcBase exe is running according to the Task Manager I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling WMDC updating via Windows Update trying a new USB port uninstalling and reinstalling the device drivers for the Dell Axim Please how do I fix this Thank you

A:Sync Center (and WMDC) Not Seeing Dell Axim

No one? No ideas?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/46633-sync-center-wmdc-not-seeing-dell-axim.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi

I installed Windows 8.1 Pro Update using the MSDN iso (untouched) of Windows 8.1 Update (Multiple Edition).

Now, I would like to add the Windows Media Center feature. How should I do?

Is it possible to add this feature even if your computer does not have an Internet connection?

Thanks

Bye

A:Windows Media Center feature and offline installation

You can integrate the WMC into the ISO.

Maybe have firstly a read here: Click

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/53642-windows-media-center-feature-offline-installation.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I am having an issue Folder issue, Offline 7 Win Client Flie Server. Server 2003 sync with offline files created offline syncing back to the server I have set up a network share to be available offline on a client computer All files are available offline without Offline Folder sync issue, Win 7 Client Server 2003 Flie Server. issue Here is the issue however If I set the folder to work offline any file I create in the folder when it is offline just disappears when the folder comes back online there are no conflicts or sync failures reported in sync center If I create a new folder offline the folder does sync back to the server Any changes made to an existing file are also replicated back to the server once the share is back online So the issue is only with newly created files when the share is offline I have not been able to replicate this error on any other file server in our environment However I have recreated the issue with multiple shares with multiple Win clients on this file server Steps taken so far Checked and reset permission levels on the share Recreated new shares from scratch for testing Disabled and enabled offline files on the client computer and cleared the offline cache Check various registry entry settings Disabled cashing on the File server Tested with XP the issue does not exist with XP I have spent hours researching this error online to no avail The clients are running Windows Enterprise bit The File server is Server Standard bit with SP Any help or ideas would be most welcome

A:Offline Folder sync issue, Win 7 Client Server 2003 Flie Server.

I've seen the complaints about this problem but with no clear resolution. There are some hot fixes listed that may help, updating to Windows 7 SP1 is supposed to help in some cases but nothing seems for certain.

No way for me to recreate this problem but apparently others have the same problem.

Offline created files disappear after re-connect

Browse by Tags - The troubleshooters and problem solvers... - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Administratively assigned offline files on Win7 client disappear from server (Network Steve Forum)

The Group Policy settings in the next link may have an effect on this problem.

http://mcpmag.com/articles/2003/11/0...ine-files.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/278175-offline-folder-sync-issue-win-7-client-server-2003-flie-server.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a Motorola Q9M smart phone and Vista and the Windows Mobile Device Center. It has always (for a year) run fine and syncing has been smooth and easy. Suddenly, my outlook calendar randomly won't sync SOME appointments. I tried to see if I could see a pattern but none obvious. It seems that some appointments sync while others don't. Anyone have any ideas!! Thanks!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-mobile-device-center-suddenly-wont-sync-outlook-calendar.791000/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have been trying to Sync my Cingular 8525 with Office 2007 on Vista Home Premium and can not get the system to Sync with the PDA or vice versa.

The error that comes up is "Synchronization could not be completed. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=72544" which I've followed to no avail.

For the uninitiates, Active Sync is not recognized on by Vista, hence Sync Center.

The PDA syncs just fine on my other XP Pro/Office Pro 2003/Active Sync sytems. Does anyone have any clues or pointers that I can try in resolving this issue?
Cheers - Fitzy

Relevancy 52.03%

Okay I'm posting about a few concerns here and I'd -really- appreciate any help I can get I also posted this in another forum as I figure two heads are always better than one and I can see what I get for suggestions on both sides Concern number two and three are my main priorities at the moment Concern number one NOTE apparently resolved on other forum on Vista Hosts files are blocked from access When running Hijackthis I get this error http i photobucket com albums j ko hostss png When I mode. not in files, center safe working removing Problem security press okay I then get this message http i photobucket com albums j ko hostss png Why is this and how can I fix this Here's the HJT log I get anyways Not sure if it has everything scanned Problem removing files, security center not working in safe mode. because of the above errors Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Windows System SysMonitor exe C Windows System rundll exe C Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity eDSloader exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbkbmgr exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxddmon exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbkbmon exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxddamon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security UfSeAgnt exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C users desktop desktop hijackthis HijackThis exe C Windows System notepad exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http my netzero net s search r minisearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http my netzero net s search r minisearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http en us acer yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http en us acer yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http my netzero net s search r minisearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http my netzero net s search r minisearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http en us acer yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http my netzero net s search r minisearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http my netzero net s search r minisearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook URLSearchHook Class - D CDBF- AF - AA- -BD D DA C B - C Program Files NetZero SearchEnh dll O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO Popup-Blocker Class - EF -D A - AD-A -E CF - C Program Files NetZero qsacc X IEBHO dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO ShowBarObj Class - A F B - A - AA - D - B B E - C Windows system ActiveToolBand dll O - BHO CGuard Protect - A C - C D- CCC- E - F EE - no file O - BHO The IE monitor part of Time Boss application - E B - A - -AB A-DA F D D EE - C Users DOCUME TIMEBO TIME B DLL file missing O - Toolbar Acer eDataSecurity Management - CBE B C- E - e-A DD- DB E - C Windows system eDStoolbar dll O - Toolbar ZeroBar - F F ECBE-D - ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/problem-removing-files-security-center-not-working-in-safe-mode-253087.html
Relevancy 51.6%

My offline files seems to work offline all the time, even when it shows me being online. I sync most of my business files to my laptop for working at home at night.

When I edit a file from my Win 7 (pro, 64-bit) laptop, then go to edit it again, I get the version I had changed, but no one else does. This is causing huge difficulty, because my employees will start working in a sales forecast spreadsheet after I reconnect to the network and supposedly sync, but they don't get the latest version. Even doing a manual sync seems to make no difference.

It seems that if someone else edits something on the network share, it does update to my laptop, but when I update something, it doesn't transfer so that everyone else can use it?

Where should we begin looking?

A:Offline files doen't update files changed locally

It may help if you enable transparent caching which can be enabled through Group Policy. I'm not sure this is the same problem but it seems to apply to your problem.

Windows 7 introduces a new feature for Offline Files & Folders called “Transparent Caching”. With transparent caching, the first time a user opens a file in a shared folder, Windows 7 reads the file from the server and then stores it in a cache on the computer’s hard disk drive.

The second and subsequent times a user reads the same file, Windows 7 retrieves the cached file from disk instead of reading it from the server. To provide data integrity, Windows 7 always contacts the server to ensure the cached copy is up-to-date.

The cache is never accessed if the server is unavailable and updates to the file are always written directly to the server. Transparent Caching is not enabled by default and can be enabled through Group Policy at Computer configuration | Administrative Templates | Network | Offline Files | Enable Transparent Caching.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/61328-offline-files-doent-update-files-changed-locally.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Offline files - Unable to make ..... Files of this type cannot be made available offline.
I am trying to figure out what to do. It is a word document for address labels. When we go to shut down the computer the sync comes on and then stops with this error message. What can I do to get this to stop coming up? Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/offline-files-unable-to-make-files-of-this-type-etc-need-some-help-with-this.795645/
Relevancy 51.17%

Offline files - Unable to make ..... Files of this type cannot be made available offline.
I am trying to figure out what to do. It is a word document for address labels. When we go to shut down the computer the sync comes on and then stops with this error message. What can I do to get this to stop coming up? Thanks.

A:Offline files - Unable to make files of this type

Start here; http://support.microsoft.com/kb/252509

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/offline-files-unable-to-make-files-of-this-type.121179/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi I already searched through alot of threads but could not find anyone having the exact same issue We have a Windows Server R Enterprise with SP which is hosting a DFS Namespace A customer of us works with his notebook Win SP and has enabled Offline Files for his personal folder in the DFS path The initial synchronisation seemed to work and no sync errors are reported in Sync Center Now the problem is everytime he opens a document from his DFS path and saves it a be Files TMP Files created getting Offline - deleted cannot and tmp file gets created there and doesnt disappear Not even after reboot As far as i know it happens with Word Excel and PDF documents If I log on to the server and browse to his path i cannot see those Offline Files - TMP Files getting created and cannot be deleted tmp files only he can see it If I try to delete those files from his notebook I get an error quot File is no longer located in Verify the item s location and try again quot What I have tried so far If Offline Files get disabled those tmp files disappear On activating they are visible again Tried quot Delete temporary files quot from Sync Center - gt Manage Offline Files - gt Disk Usage Offline Files - TMP Files getting created and cannot be deleted Nothing happened I tried to repair Office didn t help The only Group Policy Settings we have relating to Offline Files are quot Synchronize all offline files before logging off quot and quot Allow or Disallow use of the Offline Files Feature quot which is enabled Would be nice if someone can get me into the right direction to fix this issue If more information is needed let me know

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/89e9b617-d9eb-41da-886c-d86cb9262901/offline-files-tmp-files-getting-created-and-cannot-be-deleted?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 48.59%

After installing several programs including Vegas v d and its Media Manager on Windows Vista Business suddenly I noticed Vista s icon for Sync Center running by the taskbar clock and a virtual drive also appeared in My Computer labeled CD Drive The info in this virtual drive s properties show that its ID is the same as my C drive on which my operating system is on However if you open it there is nothing there On opening the Sync Center from a right click on the icon it shows the Microsoft SQL Server and virtual "Sync for running, in a Vista Center" Unasked Business drive running Beneath that it shows Sync Setup and a folder within it is labeled Offline files Network files available offline as seen in Unasked for "Sync Center" running, and a virtual drive in Vista Business the images below I uninstalled Unasked for "Sync Center" running, and a virtual drive in Vista Business all the programs including Vegas but the virtual CD Drive and the Sync Center icon are still there My system Unasked for "Sync Center" running, and a virtual drive in Vista Business is running OK but I didn t ask for those things Can you please tell me how I can get rid of them Thanks nbsp

A:Unasked for "Sync Center" running, and a virtual drive in Vista Business

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unasked-for-sync-center-running-and-a-virtual-drive-in-vista-business.550326/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello, I am not real sure whether or not I would need to enable Sync Center (offline files) given my setup. I have 1 computer that never leaves home and does not do anything fancy like VPN's, so given my stats would think that I could go ahead and change my offline settings from automatic to either manual or disable, could I get some clarification on this please? thanks in advance.

A:Not sure on "Sync Center's" usefullness for a 1 pc homegroup setup.

With only one PC, what would you sync to? IT could be used for making changes to images or backups

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/297476-not-sure-sync-centers-usefullness-1-pc-homegroup-setup.html
Relevancy 48.59%

i have never tried using windows sync center never opened it until i tried digging around for anwsers etc etc but every now and then seemingly spontaneously but mostly when using windows explorer firefox Sync "Microsoft has working" stopped Center anything at all "Microsoft Sync Center has stopped working" i'd get the dialog quot Microsoft Sync Center has stopped working quot and that's all no changes no advice no error reporting no diagnosis no nothing doesn't do anything doesn't stop anything the only interference is having to deal with the dialog each time can happen several times in a sitting i've searched these forums and google but most advice is for people TRYING to sync things using this software i'm NOT TRYING to sync anything i have not found a hotfix kb-update or anything but i have found thousands of "Microsoft Sync Center has stopped working" unhappy vista users with this particular software perhaps Micro oft should release a patch hotfix asap to resolve these issues is there anything i can do to prevent these annoying dialogs popping up all the time i've tried downloading and installing Windows Mobile Device Center just today the exe was called drvupdate-x so i thought it might resolve the issue by installing most up-to-date-drivers but it seems to be a completely different software package which also doesn't seem to do anything out of curiosity i enabled bluetooth on both my vista machine and my nokia - nokia PC suite recognised it and connected with it which MS-vista struggled and failed to find appropriate drivers i don't need this software and am not interested in connecting my mobile so "Microsoft Sync Center has stopped working" please don't troubleshoot - i'm sure once vista finds the correct drivers it will be fine i probably need to connect at home not via work-firewall but if it so happens that the WMDC fixes the sync center dialogs then so be it i'll keep you all posted

http://www.vistax64.com/software/178686-microsoft-sync-center-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 48.59%

On my Dell Studio 1535 I am running Vista Ultimate 32bit. Recently a message box has been popping up randomly (even when no programs are open) which is titled: "Microsoft sync center has stopped working" and reads: "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. Close Program". How can I stop this annoyance? Thanks for your help.

A:"Microsoft sync center has stopped working"

Hello aledm,
Welcome to the Vista Forum.
Refer to the link below for the answer to your question.
Sync Center: frequently asked questions - Windows Vista Help

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/241428-microsoft-sync-center-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi there,

I have redirected "documents" folder to point our local storage.
Two windows 7 ultimate computers are connected to same location ex.: \\file-server\common-files\

When "computer1" save word, excel, or power point files in \\file-server\common-files\test\test.doc "computer2" see that file with the name like HU87GH.TMP
The file size is correct, however, the file remains unusable from computer2.

What could be the probl?m?

Many thanks for your time.

A:offline files - .TMP files generated

Is the network location a NAS (synology, qnap etc) ?

I have the same problem with a Synology DS209+II and I suspect it has to do with Windows not being able to communicate properly with samba shares, even though the newest Firmware (DSM 3.0) explicitly allows you to activate "Support for Windows Offline Files".

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/72218-offline-files-tmp-files-generated.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I had a home user come to the office and she was having trouble getting on our network I turned off off-line files because she doesn t need to sync files to the office on this computer when she comes in anymore on that computer Come to find out she was storing all her personal files on the offline drive that we create for each individual here and set it up as offline so files are backed up Gone? Offline Files was Files off. turned here in the office I have told her to turn off her laptop and do nothing else on it until I look at it Is there a way to get all those files back that went away when I turned off the offline files I don t want to do anything until I am sure I make the best move knowing that once those deleted files are overwritten on the hard drive they may still be recoverable in some way Please let me know if there is anything I can do to get these files back on her hard drive Just to be clear they were all on the offline folder of a network drive I turned off off-line files and they were never syncronized up to the server before I did it Thanks for your help nbsp

A:Offline Files was turned off. Files Gone?

Plug hdd into other pc check it then if not there do file recovery

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/offline-files-was-turned-off-files-gone.1067221/
Relevancy 48.16%

I am not sure if I am in the correct forum but here is my Files Offline problem I am using Windows XP Professional and I am on a company network My boss has been out on medical leave and took her computer home with her so she could do work while she recovers I have access to some Excel files that are on her computer and I have been working offling in them while she has been out This past Friday I was sick and could not come into work but my boss was able to come in for a few hours to help out during the busy time and she worked on my computer I came in on Monday and can no longer access the offline files I have been working in for the last three months Offline Files When I try to open a file it tells me that the file cannot be found and to check my spelling or try another path My boss swears she changed nothing on my computer and was not able to even go into those files Does anyone have a clue how I can access my offline files Everything I have read states I will have to delete them but I would lose three months worth of work that I might never be able to recover Is there any other way nbsp

A:Offline Files

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms244374(VS.90).aspx

They are either there in the way you access them as per this article or they are NOT and there is NO way to recover them, as they were of course NEVER on your computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/offline-files.921096/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,

is it possible to move offline files to a second harddisk on Windows 7 x64 Ult?

Thanks,

Undying

A:Offline-Files on Second HDD

How to move the client-side caching (CSC) folder to a new location in Windows Vista

Give this a shot...it might work in Windows 7!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/31859-offline-files-second-hdd.html
Relevancy 48.16%

after much searching the internet (and this forum), ive given up looking and resorting to just asking. heres my problem:
on my computer i have a 40gb hd and a 160gb hd, i got the 160 to hold my music and my work (mainly 3d modelling and animation stuff) and the 40 for the system drive. right now i have my work stored on a network drive, but i want to make it available offline. but if i make it available offline it'll go to the default folder on the 40. is there any way to change the location of the offline folder to a specific folder on the 160? either by 3rd party program or preferably in windows itself? any info would be much appreciated! thanks!

A:offline files

So all you want to do is copy it from the network drive to the folder of your choice? Or do you want to be able to access the work, while you aren't online (but still on the network)?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/offline-files-15070.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have an XP machine which has filled the C drive with Offline Files Synchronizing.
This is something that was setup years ago, and just kicked in again this week somehow.
It has synchronized 20GB of files to the C drive. C drive is only 37GB. Windows folder is 25 GB.
I started to delete the offline files, but the process failed (a device attached is not functioning - I think that was the message).
Now I have Offline Files not enabled.
There is obviously still about 20 GB of storage on this drive, which I want to clear off, but the Offline Files Folder shows empty.

Does anyone know a way to clear up this ?

A:XP Offline Files

Click Start > My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > Offline Files tab > uncheck "Enable Offline Files.

Note that if the function is set in group policy, it will reset to enabled again after you log back into the network. There may be additional settings you can choose that effectively allow you to keep it from working. You may be able to unselect the server(s) that you synchronize with, etc. You may have to do this each time you log into the network depending on policy settings on your network.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-offline-files-725993.html