Windows Support Forum

Network speed and ethernet cable questions with wifi card question

Q: Network speed and ethernet cable questions with wifi card question

Debating on going wireless or not Have an Asus M A TD EVO that has RTL E PCIe Gigabit LAN controller featuring AI NET So Gigabit Im thinking at least I am wire into my router which puts out high speed and low ping to wireless Standard Ethernet cables supply the data pipeline not sure what the transfer speed is on them If anyone can let me know cable ethernet card wifi speed questions question with and Network that would be great I have been eyeballing the super speed ethernet cables but not sure if it would solve the ping issues I have with desktop being too high and the cost for a ' line Tried finding a wireless card that handles N network and Network speed and ethernet cable questions with wifi card question Ghz for my dual band What is the standard ethernet cable speed Can the standard ethernet cable from router to computer be causing high ping have second computer with ' cable same issue Would it be better to go wireless and forego the wired ethernet cable What wireless card would you recommend

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Network speed and ethernet cable questions with wifi card question

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Network speed and ethernet cable questions with wifi card question

UGH

1- what kind of cable? cat 5, cat5 E, cat 6?

2-Yes if cheap, old, or not shielded.

3-Not if you are transfering large amounts of data on your internal LAN

4-An 802.11 "N" card

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/218711-network-speed-ethernet-cable-questions-wifi-card-question.html
Relevancy 96.75%

Hey guys This issue is most puzzling to me Since yesterday the internet began to act unsoundly through WiFi As in I never had this problem before There were periods where it was fast enough to play some online games watch Youtube no problem and then it would shut off randomly So since yesterday I have been restarting the modem with only very short term resolutions to the issue I accessed the modem through my web browser and it says the connection is always working fine Despite that I called my ISP and they claimed there was an issue and forwarded it to Deutsche Telekom Since then I did some experimenting and plugged my computer into the modem with the ethernet cable Boom No problem whatsoever It's been top speed and reliable So I'm assuming this is an issue with Windows hopefully you guys can help me out If it helps I downloaded and installed updates for Windows today There are optional ones that I did not download yet but I did is Wifi unstable, top is ethernet speed? cable yet download and install the important ones Wifi is unstable, yet ethernet cable is top speed? no problem I checked the network adapters and they all state quot The best driver for your software is already installed quot Thanks in advance

A:Wifi is unstable, yet ethernet cable is top speed?

You may want to go to the website of the laptop's manufacturer and download the latest driver, and install it. Using the OEM driver, sometimes eliminates the problem.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/39958-wifi-unstable-yet-ethernet-cable-top-speed.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Hello Without too much information I'm learning how to use network. using Using WIFI between whilst Ethernet Cable devices Beckhoff hardware I have a motor rigged up to a PLC that is programmable via Ethernet using a software called Twincat I'm a hardware person so hooking it up was no problem But I'm venturing out into the world of PLC programming which I'm finding quite new and difficult I use Google YouTube internet services to aid me in learning this The problem is to connect with the PLC my Ethernet port needs to Using Ethernet Cable between devices whilst using WIFI network. be active Whilst connected whilst programming I'd like to connect to the internet via WIFI I've found a multitude of forums with instructions to change the priority of the network connections using metrics and all that but none of the solutions allow me to connect to both Is it really impossible to connect with a device via Ethernet whilst connected to the internet using WIFI I don't know the exact specs for all the different hardware cards on my laptop but its a HP ZBook running windows Much obliged

A:Using Ethernet Cable between devices whilst using WIFI network.

You may need a crossover cable.

How is everything connected ?

A router ? A switch ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/394041-using-ethernet-cable-between-devices-whilst-using-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Please help!! I Installed an optional update for my lan network card on the 17th of this month and since then the lan card is not recognizing my ethernet cable. I tried to uninstall the update but it won't let me.....i have tried everything under the sun to get the connection working and i finally realized that the update may have affected the connection.

I am stuck at this point......

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/261983-lan-network-card-not-recognizing-my-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I need to know if this is a Windows 7 issue...

I am running software which is licensed through my network card ID. I have recently bought a new laptop, running Windows 7 for the first time. Unless there is a network cable plugged in, I have no access at all to my card and so the software does not work.

My card is a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller. I have read in a couple of places that both Windows 7 and Realtek have introduced "Green" power saving to disable your network card to save power; but so far I have not been able to find settings that can stop this happening.

There is an option to "Allow the computer to switch off this device to save power", but it appears to happen if this is checked or not.

Has anyone else had this issue and is there a solution?
Thank you

A:Prevent Network Card shutdown on ethernet cable removal

Welcome!

You can try this:

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/85859-prevent-network-card-shutdown-ethernet-cable-removal.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I can t get my network card to work when plugged into the wall The computer detects the card and all but card works even 'no error ethernet network detected' though cable Getting I can t get it to detect the lan cable and the card doesn t light up At first I thought maybe the cord port was jacked but I was messing around with it and at one point my laptop and the PC network card were connected and it lit up Can t get internet that way of course I can also get it to work Getting 'no ethernet cable detected' error even though network card works from PC to PS I can successfully transfer files through FTP What s going on By the way I m at a university There s no modem or router for me to reset or anything like that And yes the actual cable works and Getting 'no ethernet cable detected' error even though network card works so does the walljack I m connecting from they both work with my laptop I ve tried plugging and unplugging using different cables resetting the cmos doing a system restore point uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers no changes It s a brand new card and it never worked I mean it would be one thing if it at least detected the cable and the internet didn t work but for it to detect the cable when plugged into anything except the walljack when I know the walljack works the cable works and the network card works to at least some extent I ve never had a problem like this before I could reinstall Windows but I dunno I have a feeling that won t work No problems are detected in the device manager ipconfig all gives me a media disconnected for everything nbsp

A:Getting 'no ethernet cable detected' error even though network card works

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-no-ethernet-cable-detected-error-even-though-network-card-works.1003297/
Relevancy 80.41%

Here at work, for some months, I've been connected to my company's LAN by ethernet cable, and I could also connect to the WiFi in our office (run by our joint venture partner company). All that would happen is that as soon as I connected to the WiFi, that network became my "primary" one, i.e. if I went to check my external IP, it would be the WiFi one that would show up, and I'd have trouble connecting Outlook, etc, since my PC now thought I was on a different network).

The last few days, however, I can't connect to the WiFi at all. It finds the network, but constantly just says "Waiting For Network". However if I pull the ethernet cable out of the PC (i.e. disconnect from my company's LAN), I can them connect to the WiFi no bother.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 76.11%

EDIT Moved to Am I Infected boopmeHello hope that somebody can help me because I have a problem that make me crazy I pay for mega download speed max in my country and normally it s working with Ethernet and wifi at - mega real download speedthen days a go I have make speed-tests and with Ethernet is working in my Toshiba Satellite and the Mac-book Pro like ever at mega but in wifi with the Toshiba Satellite at mega and with the mac-book only at mega download speed have change channel from to and not are changing nothingalso I have downloaded MetaGeek inSSIDer so that I can see in real time what channels are occupied in my zone and if there is with speed speed ethernet good bad wifi a confusion overlap so I chose channel and was the only user but nothing was changing so I have ask Telecom for a modem router change because the last time with this problem I have resolve ok I install new modem-router and now the mac book goes in ethernet and wifi at - mega download speed but my Toshiba satellite goes in ethernet at and in wifi at mega download speed so I have resolved in part but not for the satelliteso I have make complete clean work on disks scan antivirus and it s clean ore maybe not I have download a program called Spyding that have find quot Trojan Win Agent bhk quot Path quot C windows System nhelper exe quot but in some forum I have see that nhelper exe is ok and when I test it with my antivirus he say that nhelper exe is clean When I has click to remouve the trojan in Spyding they aske for payment so I think maybe it bad wifi speed with good ethernet speed is a false allarm after I have download and install new drivers and firmware for my wireless card and have also change settings but no way for have more than mega download speed with wifi but with ethernet it is working normal at - mega - can some body help me please before I put my laptop out of the balcony - bad wifi speed with good ethernet speed

A:bad wifi speed with good ethernet speed

Hello,And welcome to BleepingComputer.com, before we can assist you with your question of: Am I infected? You will need to perform the following tasks and post the logs of each if you can.Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareNOTEMalwarebytes is now offering a free trial of their program, if you want to accept it you will need to enter some billing information, so that at the end of the trial you would be charged the cost of the product. Please decline this offer, if you are unable to provide billing information. If you want to try it out, then provide the billing information.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.SUPERAntiSpyware:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/452964/bad-wifi-speed-with-good-ethernet-speed/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi everyone I would like to replace our standard Ethernet cable with something better I will try to be brief in describing the situation We have cable modem computers four port questions cable Ethernet Shielded wired router It all functions fine except the blue Ethernet cable carries a high electric field as well as emits RF noise I can even pick it up with an AM radio Shielded Ethernet cable questions at several or more inches I want a wired solution which will allow us to share our internet connection between the computers using the modem and router we have but without the cable carrying an electric field which I can only assume is being carried along from the router modem which of course are plugged into AC power and don t want the Ethernet cable to emit any RF I m more concerned with RF that s coming out of the Ethernet cable than what can pass in to it As far as the RF goes I m going to assume that it s being inducted is that the right word from the information being processed in the modem and router and is itself the data from the internet simply functioning The router and especially modem emit a lot of RF very audible with an AM radio and also use what I guess are switching power supplies adding to the noise So I d considered using multimode fiber optics until I found out that I d need a media converter at each end of the fiber optic cable One at the router one at my computer Simplified my goal is to be as low in all electromagnetic radiation from all components as possible Since this is what I d like to achieve using media converters for fiber optic cable wouldn t have a point for me because they themselves are powered by wall-wart type AC-DC transformers which generate strong magnetic fields and a lot of RF noise What I m trying to figure out is will quot shielded quot Ethernet cable prevent the outward radiation of all RF noise generated by the data traveling along the cable I see MHz ratings given to a lot of shielded Ethernet cable what does that rating mean It s always a single number Assuming that shielded cable will prevent the outward radiation of all RF can I further prevent the transfer of RF onto the shielded Ethernet cable from the modem or router by using shielded connectors such as this http sewelldirect com RJ e- P C-Shielded-Connectors- asp Is this size RJ standard As in the same plug that normal commercial Ethernet cable uses to connect to computers routers modems Would ferrite clamps help too Now if all the RF shielding I want can be accomplished by using shielded Ethernet cable the next question is this How can I prevent the transfer of the electric field from the AC powered modem and router from carrying all the way along the Ethernet cable I know that s what it s from rather than the Ethernet cable picking up electric fields from other wiring - I checked when the router was unplugged and there was no e-field on the Ethernet cable plugged the router back in and the e-field on the Ethernet cable jumped way up A tech on the phone told me that it shouldn t induct the electric field but the connection was wonky and he or I may have misunderstood eachother if a cable s shielding relies on conductive material that would mean that an electric field would be well conducted Is there a way around this Can a conducted electric field be contained at its source so it doesn t follow a cable ------------------------------------------------ Please bear in mind that I m not more technically knowledgeable than it seems by what I ve posted If anyone has suggestions how to proceed can clarify if quot shielded quot cable actually entails that RF won t come out of the cable how to further prevent RF from the router and modem from getting on the cable which cable type to actually look for and how to deal with the electric field it would be hugely appreciated Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 74.39%

Hi, I have a brand new Dell Precision Workstation with Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. I have not been able to connect to networks or the internet. It does not recognize that it is plugged into the network/internet via an ethernet cable. The computer has a Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet adapter which appears to be detected and running normally. However it says "network cable unplugged" even though it is fully plugged in. Does anyone know of a solution or what the problem may be?

A:Network cable unplugged message when using ethernet cable

Is that your only connection? What is your network setup? Are you running through a router or a switch?

Try another cable. That one may be bad.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/121044-network-cable-unplugged-message-when-using-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Basically what happened before: After updating to Windows 10, my computer was not showing any network options. (The icon says "Not connected - No connections are available) Going into Control Panel/Network and Internet/Network Connections, it then says "Local Area Connection Network cable unplugged". I ran diagnostics and it said to plug in the ethernet cable to the network adaptor. So my wifi connection will not work with my laptop unless directly connected to by the ethernet cable. Wifi works fine with phones, ipods/ipads, and another laptop that was also updated to windows 10/a desktop still using windows 8.

A:Wifi not connecting without Ethernet cable

If you can't connect with Wi-Fi plugging in an Ethernet cable is bypassing the wireless entirely. Have you checked Control Panel, Device Manager [or right-click the Start button and choose Device Manager], see if maybe you need to download then install drivers for your Wireless Network adapter? Check the Network work section, are there any yellow symbols there? Is the Wireless adapter listed? If so maybe it needs to have the drivers updated, right-click and make the choice while still connected. The downside to Upgrading to Win10 is the "it worked in Win7 w/SP1 or Win8.1" doesn't guarantee it works in Win10 without updating drivers that Microsoft may not yet have available, they usually come from the manufacturer of devices.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/18262-wifi-not-connecting-without-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 73.96%

My problem started the day of the big cyber attack on the internet. Coincidence?

I am having the same problem as this poster

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629989/cant-connect-to-the-internet-via-wifi-but-can-with-cable/

I've tried everything mentioned in that thread to no avail.

I have Windows 7 - 64 bit.
Vaio vgn-z610y which is 7 yr old.

Went to Device manager.. First deleted, then I updated the  driver for Intel Wifi 5100 AGN.. Then I went to the Sony site and found another driver update.

I don't see a place in Bios.to enable wireless.

The Windows Mobility utility didn't fix the problem.

I don't know what else to try..The Netgear WNR1000 v4 router is new and wifi works on my tablet..

I've removed the battery from the laptop.

I don't have a restore point so maybe I have a virus? I've run Malwarebytes, , Awdcleaner, Avast, Tdsskiller,

Please HELP!

Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630521/cant-connect-to-wifi-but-can-use-ethernet-cable/
Relevancy 73.96%

Is there somewhere in Windows XP, 7, and 8 to have it use the ethernet cable only when plugged in even with WiFi enabled or connected?

A:Prefer ethernet cable over WiFi?

When my Ethernet cable is plugged into the modem, it automatically supercedes wireless connection.

I.E. - When using PS3, I plug in cable and that is the one that is recognized - if I unplug it, wireless takes over.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/339871-prefer-ethernet-cable-over-wifi.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi Everyone
I wonder if anyone can help me please.
Make HP g56 Laptop
ISP Virgin Media Cable 150 meg connection
Router Virgin Media Superhub
Norton Intternet Security
No other protection is turned on

I have two computers connected to the Hub

My wifes computer fujitsu 4 core runs at the true 150 meg speed with wired ethernet cable (Perfect)

My laptop however runs at half speed with wired ethernet connection. In fact it runs at the same speed as it does when connecting via wireless to the same superhub. about 75 megs.

I have posted an ipconfig image if this is any help.

Kindest Regards

Anthony George

A:HP Laptop running same speed on ethernet cable as Wireless

Hi .... You have to remember it is up to 150mb ... You will not get this speed all the time ..

Have you just got Virgin Installed lately if so it takes some time to settle ...

Also does your Network Adapter support the top speed ? ...
As for wireless and Lan connections they can be the same speed with Virgin ... Though you should be getting more than 75mb at times ....
Virgin Media - Extremely fast broadband speeds

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/369043-hp-laptop-running-same-speed-ethernet-cable-wireless.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hey guys, my laptop asus stopped working with wifi connection and I was just reading some posts here about this same problem but didn't find how to fix it.

I was uninstalling some programs from my pc but I didn't uninstall programs named "something wireless". I just took off what I knew I could.

I also tried the option "solve problems" in the wireless pc symbol and the answer was to connect my laptop to an ethernet cable...that never happened. Just now.

Does anyone knows how I get back my wireless connection? Pleasee

A:WiFi doesn't work only with cable ethernet

Powercycle the modem and router. Here is a specific order if you have a separate modem and router.
1. Shut down all PC's.
2. Shut down the Modem and router.
3. Power on the modem only. Wait 2 minutes or so.
4. Power on the router. Wait 2 minutes or so.
If you have a modem/router combo, then you don't need step 4.
5. Boot up the PC and see if you can connect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-work-only-with-cable-ethernet.207136/
Relevancy 73.1%

I have Lenovo laptop and my internet works just fine when the cable is connected but Wifi does not work It shows that i have excellent signal on the side but it just wont connect When i type with Wifi not cable Laptop works Ethernet but in password it says quot Windows cannot connect to XYZ quot I use Windows and my wireless network adapter is Atheros AR C Users MY gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name MY-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List local lan Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Anchorfree HSS VPN Adapter Physical Address -FF- -D - -DE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address -F -A -FA-B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Laptop works with Ethernet cable but not Wifi Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address -F -A -FA-B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address C -CB- -FC-E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix local lan Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address -AE- D-DE- A- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d af d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday November AM Lease Expires Friday November PM Default Gateway fe ff fe b DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d ab c f ca f fefd Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c f ca f fefd Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D DE-EF - E -A B -BB A C F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap local lan Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix local lan Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AAE A - - DAF-AE E- BA B CACF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CC - - - -EAF D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Here s a screenshot of what it shows nbsp

Relevancy 73.1%

Hi, i have been experiencing BSODs for 3 days not. At first it started when I connected to WiFi, so i switched to ethernet cable. Now it crashes when i am using the ethernet cable as well. I tried searching for solutions but i don't understand much about computers. I have the minidump file but i don't know how to show them here. I tried using driver verifier and now it crashes every 20 minutes without even connecting to the internet. I cant put my computer into safe mode, it reboots even if i press shift +f8 and i cant create recovery disk. Can anyone please help me solve this.

A:BSOD when connecting to wifi and using ethernet cable

At one point during the repeated boots you should get a prompt to try startup/automatic repair.
You can also try forcing a restart when the little spinning dial is at the bottom of boot screen (by holding down the power button)
Select that, and then you can select Safe Mode to boot into.

Try each one of the options here: Safe Mode - Start Windows 8 in
If you still can't get into Safe Mode, you can always boot using your recovery media in order to access Startup Repair.

The very first thing to do in Safe Mode is to disable Driver Verifier
To do this, open up verifier.exe and select "Delete existing settings". Then click on Finish and reboot to let the changes take effect.

To upload the minidump file, zip it up and then upload it using the Attachments tool below the reply box.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/63057-bsod-when-connecting-wifi-using-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 73.1%

So here I am sitting on my desktop Vista machine Acer Aspire M model being able to connect to my D-Link wifi router by ONLY using a Belkin wifi dongle I Connect dongle Only cable Can using ethernet WiFi & not via cannot get my machine to connect with an ethernet cable I have tried several different cable but still no joy When I go Can Only Connect using WiFi dongle & not via ethernet cable to 'Network amp Sharing' centre in Vista I can see the Belkin Wifi connection which is obviously how I am being able to connect and type this but the wired connection just constantly says 'Unidentified' - Local Access Only Just to add some more info - I also went to the Command Prompt and typed in ipconfig renew and Can Only Connect using WiFi dongle & not via ethernet cable after a few seconds got the follwing reply 'An error occurred while renewing interface Wired Connection unable to contact your DHCP server Request timed out An error occured while releasing interface Loopback Pseudo-Interface The system cannot find the file specified Ethernet adaptor Wired Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link Local IPv Address f e ec b bd e Autoconfiguration IPv Address Subnet Mask Default gateway fe ea c cff e Can anyone help me out here

A:Can Only Connect using WiFi dongle & not via ethernet cable

....anybody?!?! Over 100 views and nobody has any idea on a possible fix?!

I also noticed a post further down which has had over 10,000 views and only 7 reponses...not holding out much hope....!!!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/298275-can-only-connect-using-wifi-dongle-not-via-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi there,

So in the past my laptop has been able to connect directly to the internet using an Cat5e cable, but recently when I have been trying to direct connect, I have been unable to, and not sure when the problem started because I always used WiFi and it worked great. I do a lot of messing around, not only with my network, but with my laptop settings also, so something might have gone bunko. I have done much troubleshooitng, such as trying to update drivers, checking to see if the hardware was disabled, etc... And I am out of ideas! Please, anything helps!

A:Ethernet Cable Not Recognized by Laptop, but Wifi is

can we see an ipconfig /all
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-cable-not-recognized-by-laptop-but-wifi-is.1059231/
Relevancy 72.67%

Is a gigabit connection a pure connection at a gigabit OR
does the connection adjust speeds lower or higher or what?

If you look into the connection data and see no errors and your connected at a gigabit rating does this mean that is a real gigabit or has it negotiated some other speed rating.

A:gigabit ethernet speed questions, do you get 3/4 or 1/2 or full speeds

It would depend on if something on the network is limiting your speeds. Typically you dont have anything on a home network until you reach your ISP and they will probably be throttling your speeds.

It also depends on other devices. If you have a switch or router that only has a 100mbps port then your gigabit port on your PC will only work at 100mbps.

Quote:
If you look into the connection data and see no errors and your connected at a gigabit rating does this mean that is a real gigabit or has it negotiated some other speed rating

You will be getting full gigabit.

Remember that its gigabit not gigabyte, so for file transfer speeds the theoretical speeds is 128 MBps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/276350-gigabit-ethernet-speed-questions-do-you-get-3-4-1-2-full-speeds.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi,

I just bought a new router the ASUS RT-N56U .

After setting it up getting ISP provided information everything seemed to work fine but i then i done a speedtest with the ethernet cable plugged in and it would start off at 8Mb/s then would instantly drop to less than 0.5 Mb/s Here is a picture of what it looks like http://prntscr.com/7z9jcl I don't know how to fix it because when im on wireless only it works perfectly fine is there anything i can do?

A:Solved: Get huge speed drop on ethernet cable not on wireless!!!

There are a lot a variables. How is your cable made? Is it a store bought cable? Did you make it? Is it run or is it just laying on the floor run from router to PC? A little more info might help but ultimately it might come down to without being there to test the actual cable and NiC we won't be able to know for sure.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-get-huge-speed-drop-on-ethernet-cable-not-on-wireless.1152628/
Relevancy 72.24%

Any idea chaps why my laptop connects to the internet over wifi but not if I connect the ehternet cable directly into the back?
I have checked that the driver is installed (I think) and also that the box is ticked to allocate IP address automatically...

Relevancy 72.24%

Hello folks,

This is not exactly Windows 10 issue but a networking issue that I need some help with.

I am in a situation, where I need to use ethernet cable connection but there is no physical ethernet port to connect to, but there is ample wifi. I have this pocket router, Amazon.com: TP-LINK TL-WR702N Wireless N150 Travel Router, Nano Size, Router/AP/Client/Bridge/Repeater Modes, Up to 150Mbps, USB Powered: Computers Accessories which I think can be used for this purpose. I just want to confirm, it is indeed possible.

Many thanks in advance.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/51622-connecting-wifi-physical-router-ethernet-cable-use.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi there I don't like a load of LAN cables everywhere and quot She who must be LAN devices even (via ETHERNET - Bridge) Wifi Cable for free obeyed quot was complaining about number of boxes gadgets flashing lights etc under the TV so I've moved the two servers out of the way and just have the cable box main router so this I found was a really woman friendly solution for masses of LAN cable etc etc If you have fast Wifi and you have some Ethernet only gear connected away from your Router Cablebox you can use a quot Wireless Bridge quot -- It's possible to quot Hobble quot some old routers via DD-WRT but not all routers do that and you might LAN Cable free - even for ETHERNET devices (via Wifi Bridge) want to use fast wifi connectors Some modern cheap routers now allow quot Wireless Bridging quot too You need to set the second router up as your wireless bridge and then plug the LAN cables from your devices into that router which will connect wirelessly to your network I found this Router actually very good -- also works on new ac protocol up to Mbs in the GHZ band so plenty for your server streaming devices IPlugged the NAS'es Ethernet connectors into the lan connects on the quot Bridge Router quot -- works fine This one was EUR inc Tax Edimax BR- AC Wi-Fi Ethernet LAN Dual-band Router - Grey It does work as WIFI Bridge -- you have to LAN Cable free - even for ETHERNET devices (via Wifi Bridge) ensure your router can do that function if you buy LAN Cable free - even for ETHERNET devices (via Wifi Bridge) a new router If you have fast wifi and want to get rid of LAN cables and move boxes like NAS boxes into spare closets etc out of the way then IMO this is the way to go Smart TV's Chromecast etc etc can all be controlled via smart phones too - avoiding a quot Handset jungle quot as well I had to go down this route as she absolutely put her foot down with one single more wire or quot box quot being installed near the main TV Cheers jimbo

A:LAN Cable free - even for ETHERNET devices (via Wifi Bridge)

We hooked a powerline 1200 with gigabit ports up to our tv and it does the job nicely. It lives behind the tv and therefore is out of site. My NAS is also powerlined 1200 connected.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/43717-lan-cable-free-even-ethernet-devices-via-wifi-bridge.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I have recently set up two Pc's down stairs next to each other. The plan was to use them for gaming but for the life of me i cannot get Ethernet & wifi to work at the same time.

Each Pc has its own wifi but gaming over wifi is slow and file transfers are painful. I can get it working but after around 5 min it will start defaulting all of traffic to the wifi.

I have tried over the last week everything I could find online. Renewing, flushing, sharing internet through one etc.

I have done an ipconfig /all on both machines whilst it was working then after it stops done at again but when I compared the results I cannot see any difference. :/

Any help would be awesome at this stage.

A:Ethernet gaming (crossover cable) with wifi internet.

Ovbious question perhaps but why not just use Ethernet for the one being used for gaming?
Plug in Ethernet, turn off WiFi.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/72567-ethernet-gaming-crossover-cable-wifi-internet.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hey guys,

I have a Sony Vaio VPCEH15EN laptop & the OS is Windows 7 home basic. I have a wifi router which is of TPLINK.

The wifi won't connect to my laptop but it works fine on my mobile..it would only start working when I use the ethernet cable. I never had this problem before. I have tried everything ..I also tried the winsockfix.bat but all my efforts have gone in vain..I just don't know if the wifi router is faulty or the modem of my ISP...Please help me solve this problem.

Best Regards,
Om

A:Wifi on my laptop won't work but works when I use the ethernet cable

I have solved the problem by myself. To do this, first you have to disconnect your Ethernet cable from your laptop and follow the steps: Start>Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Manage Wireless Networks and remove all wireless connections by right click on it and select Remove network from the drop down menu. After doing this, close the windows and scan for the Wi-Fi networks. Click on the available network and select connect. After a while, you will be asked to give a password for your Wi-Fi connection. Type the password and click on connect button. And now will be connected to your Wi-Fi network via wireless.

May be it will help you.
Regards
MD. MAHMUDUL HASAN

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-on-my-laptop-wont-work-but-works-when-i-use-the-ethernet-cable.200754/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi All I have Windows Vista home premium I moved from Chicago to Boston Before I left Chicago I tried removing kaspersky internet security as my laptop used to heat up and shut down often you can hear the voice from laptop when more process are running and it shut s down While uninstalling kaspersky the laptop shutdown half way I moved to Boston I tried connecting to wireless it does not work It shows connected excellent signal strength but bytes received Wireless works fine for other room mates on their laptops If works, not cable does wifi Solved: work ethernet I try connecting from cable internet works fine Pasting the ipconfig all results Windows IP Configuration Host Name compaq-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd ma comcast net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ma comcast net Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - F-E -BB- A- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d bd ea f ae Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday Solved: ethernet cable works, wifi does not work October AM Lease Expires Saturday November AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -DE-FB- - - E-EC- E-DA- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ma comcast net Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - E-EC- E-DA- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Solved: ethernet cable works, wifi does not work Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E CF- F- D - FDE-F EC B DEA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ma comcast net Description isatap hsd ma comcast net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Pls help I also attached the pic of wifi inspector Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: ethernet cable works, wifi does not work

The following was put together mostly by etaf with a little help from me.

Atheros Wireless Adapter - AR5007EG & AR5007
Over the last four or so years we have been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and mainly on windows Vista.
We have seen just a couple of issues on other windows operating system, windows XP and windows 7.

Windows XP:- A driver update has resolved the issue
Windows 7 :- No conclusive results for a fix

The wireless adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
Please post back a reply here, and let us know if that works or does not work.

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver."

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section,

--- 3) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue

--- 4) The majority of members, have now used the drivers from the atheros driver site, which has resolved the issue.
- see below for direct links for windows vista and the link for all Atheros adapters and supported operating systems
AR5007
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
AR5007EG
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
Drivers for the other windows operating system
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.php
You need to look down the page for your particular adapter model and then look across the columns to find your windows version.
Now click on the blue tick mark in the column under your windows version.
This will open another page for that particular adapter and that windows version.

Now click on the download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ethernet-cable-works-wifi-does-not-work.1111550/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi! I don't know much about this place but there's a problem with my laptop and I don't know how to solve it. My laptop won't connect to the wifi anymore but it works perfectly fine with the ethernet cable. I appreciate it very much if you tech geniuses could help me out. THANK YOU!

A:My WiFi on my laptop won't work but works with Ethernet cable

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-wifi-on-my-laptop-wont-work-but-works-with-ethernet-cable.206652/
Relevancy 72.24%

I recently used a program Autoruns,, and deleted some startup things I shouldn't have.. Since then I cant connect to internet, the troubleshooter for wireless adapter says the Windows wireless service is not running on this computer (WLAN Autoconfig service) and fails to start the service.
I notice on windows task manager there are only about 13 Processes running and there are usually about 20, and on Services there are about 40 running and about 100 or more stopped services. Thanks for the help

Also on startup now I have a pop up on bottom saying, Failed to connect to a windows service. Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond. And the startup and logon time is really long now

A:Windows 7 can't connect to internet through Wifi or ethernet cable

Sounds like you deleted the network drivers, I did this once and ill be honest unless someone here knows a trick, or you have a CD with drivers you are going to have to have a hell of a time unless you know the name of the hardware and download the right driver, thats my guess. best of luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-cant-connect-to-internet-through-wifi-or-ethernet-cable.200026/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi everyone
I have an Acer aspire one netbook, model D255 which operates on Windows 7.
Having trouble connecting to wifi connections. It worked fine initially, I tried turning the wifi switch on and off, it tells me that there are no wifi connections available, however everyone else Is able to connect via Wifi on their computers and myself without a problem on other devices.
On troubleshooting it's says - that an Ethernet cable is broken or not plugged in
properly, and is unable to fix the problem, as obviously I am not connected via any cable.
I looked in network and it says that the Ethernet cable is unplugged and does not show any available networks.
Urgent help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Relevancy 71.81%

I bought a third-party USB-C to ethernet adapter to test my internet speed and found that it is not much faster than if I use the wifi. I always thought that LAN speed is faster than Wifi? Or is there something wrong with my cheap (US$20) USB-C to ethernet adapter? Hope to gain some insights at this forum for this first-time Lenovo user.Thank you.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-900-Ethernet-speed-same-as-wifi/td-p/3399319
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello I have wi fi in my home that is running fine My phone etc is getting about mbps for downloading and for uploading which is normal for me My desktop however had a virus issue and I had to take it to be way wifi suddenly is slower than Speed Ethernet repaired It is repaired and I brought it home and hooked it up EXACTLY as it was before I took it to be repaired It is hardwired directly to modem but it is only getting about mbps downloading and uploading I called my internet provider and they tried to help but said everything looks good on their end and that it was a computer issue The shop that repaired it is closed today and I am in Ethernet Speed is suddenly way slower than wifi the middle of a deadline and I NEED this fixed it is Ethernet Speed is suddenly way slower than wifi an ACER computer so I called their Ethernet Speed is suddenly way slower than wifi helpline but because it is out of warranty they wanted me to pay for them to tell me how to fix it He suggested it was a setting on the computer that needed changed but I have been looking for HOURS and can not find the solution PLEASE HELP nbsp

Relevancy 71.38%

Hi there,

The laptop I have is an asus P550C, windows 7.

This laptop came pre-installed with Mcafee Antivirus protection for a limited amount of time. Wifi was working perfectly fine although there were occasions where the connection would disconnect by itself. After the free-trial ended, I did not want to buy the packaged they were advertising so I went to my Control Panel and uninstalled Mcafee. This was when the problem started to occur. The internet access icon had a red x and when I went to diagnose the problem, it said that I needed to connect via an ethernet cable. Since then, I have connected it with an ethernet and internet works and I have also installed AVG's free antivirus software.

I have tried to
type: ipconfig /flushdns
type: nbtstat -R
type: netsh int reset all
type: netsh int ip reset
type: netsh winsock reset

But I still cannot connect via wifi. Please help

A:Wifi has stopped working but still able to connect to internet via ethernet cable

C:\Users\jay>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : jay-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 54-35-30-05-36-68
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::9dfa:dcc6:3d3b:ae86%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.20(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : March-27-15 4:14:52 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : March-28-15 4:14:52 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 247262843
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1A-51-D7-D4-BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter isatap.{A9DA0935-EE1F-4A59-8A97-DDA13A7DFFEA}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:90d7:2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b(Pref
erred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b%14(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

C:\Users\jay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-has-stopped-working-but-still-able-to-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable.210787/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello Firstly let me apologise if this question is repeated elsewhere but I could not find anything identical to it I have an Acer laptop WiFi Ethernet Whilst Connected Can't Cable Browse Internet and connect from this to the internet via Can't Browse WiFi Internet Whilst Ethernet Cable Connected a CDMA connection provided by the local I live in Thailand version of a Novatel MiFi modem This works just fine for internet Can't Browse WiFi Internet Whilst Ethernet Cable Connected browsing and I simultaneously use P P software to download UK TV stuff I also have a wired network in my house and on this I have a Gb NAS drive There is a wireless router on the network but I am outside of it's range When I connect the network cable to connect to the NAS drive I am no longer able to browse the internet BUT the P P software still carries on working as before So therefore my laptop is still connected to the internet via the Wifi network So why does my browser think otherwise Normally I use Google Chrome but I have also tried IE and this suffers from the same fate Can't Browse WiFi Internet Whilst Ethernet Cable Connected Any suggestions would be much appreciated Alan

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/cant-browse-wifi-internet-whilst-ethernet-cable-connected-601433.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi i have a Toshiba Satellite computer and my wifi doesnt work, it used to but it stopped all of a sudden.
https://gyazo.com/984c41491a3603c408f40cc4446008df

A:Toshiba Laptop internet only works through Ethernet Cable, NO WIFI

Reinstall your wifi driver from offcial toshiba website. Or you can check your all driver updated or not. To easily check all driver just download advanced driver updater to update WiFi and other driver

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590272/toshiba-laptop-internet-only-works-through-ethernet-cable-no-wifi/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello My laptop recently got a horrible virus which I managed to fix despite being a girl However One of the remaining side effects of the virus is that it will not scan for wireless networks - every time I try it says quot Windows cannot configure this wireless connection quot and quot If you want Windows to configure this wireless connection start the Wireless Zero Configuration WZC service quot So I can currently only - will the scanning My has laptop wifi stopped internet ethernet cable only allow for connect to the internet using an ether net cable which is very restricting as it means I can t take my laptop to a cafe etc Things I ve tried gt Turning it on and off again - yes - in every way - the router the laptop the cabelling all of it gt Other laptops - I have had friends bring their laptops round and they have been able to scan for and connect to my wireless network - so the problem is definitely with my laptop gt System Restore - I have tried to restore back to the week before the laptop got the virus but this has not solved the problem Could it be that My laptop has stopped scanning for wifi - only the ethernet cable will allow internet the virus made my computer go into some kind of emergency attack mode and then the firewall got effected Any advice would be very gratefully received - thanks in advance for your help It is a Toshiba A - laptop running Windows XP xx nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-has-stopped-scanning-for-wifi-only-the-ethernet-cable-will-allow-internet.951187/
Relevancy 71.38%

problem as above - every couple of weeks or so my internet slows to a snails pace, it usually lasts for 3 or 4 days then its back on full speed again, really cant figure this one out!

Ive released ip and flushed dns!

my ping is always around 10ms and my upload is always around 4mb which are both quite stable, but its my download speed what bothers me 0.1mbs at its slowest and 60mbs when its running good

what should I do next?

A:recurring loss of internet wifi and ethernet speed

Just tried safemode with networking - still crap!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/342171-recurring-loss-internet-wifi-ethernet-speed.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi guys I ve been researching and trying to days to get this to work with no avail so I decided to post here for some help as doesn't Ethernet connected Wifi work cable. using working when only Internet I see this community is really active We ve got different laptops here and none of them can connect to the wifi anymore it suddenly stopped working for the last whole week We can connect to the internet through ethernet cables though We only use one at a time if ethernet then wireless is disabled and vice versa Here is a copy of the ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PeterMai-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List moolahd local Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix moolahd local Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address AC- - D- B-ED-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac a d b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday October PM Lease Expires Tuesday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Ada pter Physical Address -ED-B - D- -FD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f e e b fc f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap optusnet com au Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap moolahd local Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface CE FC E - F - C C- D - D EBEC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DDFAF D- B- -AA A-DBE BA F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface E ED - - A -BB -FB FA F F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And here is a copy of the route print Interface List ac d b ed f Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller ed b d fd Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Adapter Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft to Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric O... Read more

A:Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work

You have an IP on your LAN, but none on your wifi. Check your router to make sure DHCP for wifi is turned on and you have enough available addresses.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-only-working-when-connected-using-ethernet-cable-wifi-doesnt-work.197081/
Relevancy 70.95%

I m having a problem with my internet connection via wifi One day my laptop simply refused to connect The day before no problem uninstalls wifi, connection going from LAN Losing cable adapter internet Ethernet to I can connect by using the LAN cable directly connecting into Losing internet connection going from LAN cable to wifi, Ethernet adapter uninstalls ADSL router but when I try without the LAN cable plugged in Losing internet connection going from LAN cable to wifi, Ethernet adapter uninstalls via wifi there is no connection What I have also noticed is that the Ethernet adapter Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabyte Ethernet v does not appear load when I am not plugged in via cable This was Losing internet connection going from LAN cable to wifi, Ethernet adapter uninstalls not the case when everything was working fine Even to the point that it appears when I am on cable but when I disconnect the cable the Broadcom card disappears from my Device Manager I have tried to update the driver but cannot find a higher version than anywhere Note that in the nd case with LAN cable the Broadcom Ethernet adapter appears while in the first case it doesn t Any ideas on how to resolve the Ethernet adapter issue I could not really figure out how to update the driver properly I tried downloading it from HP but the system says it cannot find a more recent version or even the one I have now Here is my Ipconfig for both cases Without LAN cable plugged in tryingt to access only via WiFi router Windows IP Configuration Host Name Filip Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - - - F- A- A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained May Lease Expires May C gt ping google com Ping request could not find host google com Please check the name and try again With LAN cable connected directly to ADSL routerC gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Filip Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - - - F- A- A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained May Lease Expires May Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - - -C - C-D Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server nbsp

A:Losing internet connection going from LAN cable to wifi, Ethernet adapter uninstalls

Hi there,

at first check out those possibilities:
When you open your network connections and go to the properties of your Lan-Connection (Cable) uncheck the box in which is says that you should be warned if this connection has low connectivity. Do that also at your wifi connection.

After that deactivate your Cable connection if you try to connect via Wifi.

greetz
Fraki

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-internet-connection-going-from-lan-cable-to-wifi-ethernet-adapter-uninstalls.568852/
Relevancy 70.95%

Greetings!

I have an internet connection which is distributed through a wireless router. I use my laptop's (which also has a LAN adapter) WiFi to connect to that router. I have a PC too which only has LAN adapter but not the Wireless adapter.

Unfortunately I cannot wire my place as the router is in my housemate's room. I have network cables though to connect my PC and my laptop. Can I access Internet on my PC using connection between my laptop and PC and my laptop being connected to the Internet via WiFi?

I have DHCP enabled on my WiFi laptop. I am not sure what do I need to do and if I need to give static IP's to all the computers?

Thanks,
AJ
PS - I can access the router settings and I can change those settings unless it hampers my other house-mates to use the Internet.

A:Laptop (wifi Internet w/ethernet facility) connect to PC through CAT5 cable

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wifi-internet-w-ethernet-facility-connect-to-pc-through-cat5-cable.671427/
Relevancy 70.95%

Whenever I unplug from the router and go upstairs, I can't connect to my wi-fi. The problem also persists downstairs unless I am connected by ethernet. It's been happening for about 2 days. At first the wi-fi would jump in and out randomly and quickly but now it simply wont connect. Is it a virus or how can I fix it?

A:Wifi doesn't connect unless directly connected to router by ethernet cable

You might just need to restart your router / WiFI AP to resolve that issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-connect-unless-directly-connected-to-router-by-ethernet-cable.202219/
Relevancy 70.09%

can anyone please tell me if an ethernet cable will still work if one of the wires inside it gets broken? i have read that only four of the wires contained within the cable are used so is it possible it will still work? thanks

A:ethernet cable question

If the wire that's broken isnt needed it will work, best just to get a new cable...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-cable-question.808683/
Relevancy 69.23%

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but;

I've been playing around with ethernet cable, putting on new ends, etc, because one of the cables I've had before stopped working. At first I thought it was the cable, but I tried replacing the connectors a couple times. Eventually, I figured out I had the wire pairing wrong. I researched and found the appropriate way is to have a pair on pins 1-2, 4-5, 3-6, 7-8. The way I had it was a pair on pins 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8. What is the reason for having one pair split like that? I couldn't find any reason why it wouldn't work, except for actually trying it and having it fail.

Relevancy 69.23%

I have a feet ethernet cable I measured to see how long it was to the router i know that feet is not enough I measured it and i think feet to feet probably Cable Length Ethernet Question would be the distance it takes Its hard to measure it exactly b c i have to open the emergency exit door to the stairway down to the router and have to drop the ethernet cable down Im in an apartment complex that has high speed internet that uses wifi and its shared Would you guys say its best to just get the feet one Im pretty sure feet would be enough but feet would definitely be enough though im estimating Its hard for me to do this walking around with a feet ethernet cable and doing estimates with my hand and it I assume if its too long that shouldn t be a problem Such as a person using a feet one when a feet one was enough or feet one when a or feet was enough Or would that be an annoyance problem Has anyone used an ethernet cable that way just a bit too long Obviously i dont want to get a feet one and Ethernet Cable Length Question then its short by a few feet and not long enough I know percent feet wont do Thing is it seems like and feet ones cost double the feet one This is what im looking at now http www amazon ca BlueRigger-Cat ueRigger Cat e Ethernet Patch Cable Feet Thanks nbsp

A:Ethernet Cable Length Question

That cable will be fine. There is no problem with 50' even if 35' would suffice.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-cable-length-question.1112271/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi everyone, I just have a quick question for u.
Basicly my situation is this:
I have moved into halls of residence for uni and the only way we can have internet is through the ethernet cable in the wall. However, I have my desktop and now my laptop and as there is only one socket I can only have one connected to the internet at one time. My question is this: Is there anything I can buy cheaply (student budget!) Where i can have two ethernet cables coming out of one socket (an adapter kind of thing) or can you suggest anything else which would do the job. I have had a little look at some websites but I dont rly know what im looking for. Any input would be much appriciated :)
xxx

A:Ethernet Cable - Just a quick question

one of these

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...ingid=53175127

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ethernet-cable-just-a-quick-question-430336.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Alright here s the down-low I m running a Compaq Presario Media Center PC from killed Vid cable? card ethernet by AMD Athlon GB cheapo RAM mb video card Everything except the ram is at least a year old Windows XP newest SP loads of programs last format over a year ago keep the system clean defrags crap cleaning anti-malware etc I just got an MSI Wind U Vid card killed by ethernet cable? Intel Atom GB RAM Windows on the GB HDD on the side - Windows is fantastical It s to XP like XP was to yes you may take that to mean it s Vid card killed by ethernet cable? worse if you like If so then it s to XP like was to So I m trying to sync backup most of my files I realized the way to do this is NOT to create a shared network etc via ethernet wireless Instead I m using my iPod as a portable HDD and that works nicely though file transfers are ab it slower I was setting up a network between the XP Desktop and the Netbook I plugged them together with an ethernet cable I don t know whether either computer has a smartport It was a regular ethernet cable I activated my LAN rebooted both computers and while the network would have taken a lot of other squirming around due to the XP - Win difference that is not my nightmare MY PROBLEM Netbook rebooted fine As Desktop boots my monitor maintains the orange LED which means power but no input signal WTF right I check the monitor by plugging into the Netbook monitor is fine I plug the monitor into the integrated vid card on my Desktop monitor works So what I have is a monitor that receives no input signal when it is plugged into my video card My brother suggested going into BIOS and changing something to do with the video settings that may have been switched for some reason when I plugged the computers together via ethernet At present I m stuck with an x display Ew Halp me plx Thanks everyone PS - I know I need to have my full system specs on here and I will once I get home from school Thanks again nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vid-card-killed-by-ethernet-cable.872838/
Relevancy 68.8%

This is a really stupid question, I have an build-in ethernet(I think) on my motherboard. Pretend that I bought a network card, and install it instide the PCI slot. If I connect one cable from the build-in ethernet motherboard to the router, and I use another network cable to connect between a network card to the same router or different router, what will happen?

I think it'll might explode or something.

Relevancy 68.37%

I have a 'Madge Smart 16/4 PCI Ringnode Mk2' ethernet slot, anyways I have a tiscali speedtouch modem (with no ethernet slot) so I have plugged the USB into the back of the computer and then connected an ethernet cable to the computer and then to the xbox 360, and the computer keeps saying 'a network cable is unplugged' ??

A:Ethernet 'A Network Cable Unplugged'

First off make sure you are using a crossover cable inbetween your computer and the xbox, also make sure your xbox is actually on, and having the xbox look for a connection could probaly help. You will have to manuely have to set up the connection on the xbox to use a crossover cable (most common are 192.168.1.1 for the computer and 192.168.1.2 for the xbox, this is the needed IP address) then you will have to setup a subnet mask and probaly a gateway. It would probaly just be eaiser if you went out and bought a router and two patch cables, connect the modem to your computer, then the computer to the router via a patch cable and another patch cable from the router to the xbox. Somehow bridge the connection from the usb to the ethernet (someone else on this form will probaly know how, probaly by internet connection settings) and just setting up the router to have somesort of DNS to automatically give the xbox its address. Im sure somebody else on this site knows a simpler way, anyideas anybody.

P.S. - Make sure your ISP will allow two connections at once.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ethernet-a-network-cable-unplugged.98742/
Relevancy 67.51%

i have been using a linksys wireless WiFi usb port adapter to connect to the internet but wanted to recently connect to internet manually. When i plug in the ethernet cable, absolutly nothing happens. nothing pops up in bottom right of screen, and cant find local device. when i go to device manager network adapters is no where to be seen either. i have plugged ethernet cable into laptop and imediatly it worked, so its not the cable. i have searched all over the web but nobody else seems to be having the same problem. let me know if you need any information or screen shoots.

A:ethernet cable not showing up in network adaptors

Hi welcome to the forum

go to bios and see if it is enabled

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/367981-ethernet-cable-not-showing-up-network-adaptors.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,

I basically want to get an ethernet cable (about 100ft) to connect my router in one room to my playstation 3 in the living room. I was just wondering if I'm okay with Cat5e cable or should I go for Cat6?

Main reason for the wired connection is to stream media from my computer to ps3 through the cable and/or playing games online on ps3.

Also, when I'm connected, I see a speed of 100Mbps but I know downloading/uploading speed is around 2-3Mbps (please correct me if i'm wrong).

Based on this, would a cat5e or cat6 cable make a big difference?

thanks,

S

Relevancy 67.51%

A pretty odd Ethernet as 'unidentified showing network' Cable problem my attempts to connect me and my girlfriend s laptops together for some LAN gaming with an ethernet cable has had some odd problems with my LAN connection showing up as an Unidentified Public Network Ethernet Cable showing as 'unidentified network' which I cannot edit in any way whatsoever I m at a loss I ve tried setting a static IP and it didn t appear to help at all The network bridge is to use my laptop as a wireless adaptor for my Xbox Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Corey gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Corey-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Con troller NDIS Physical Address -EF- -FD- - DHCP Enabled Ethernet Cable showing as 'unidentified network' No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Hamachi Network Interface Physical Address A- - -D -B - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ec c e e bc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained December Lease Expires Ethernet Cable showing as 'unidentified network' December Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -B - F-B -C - A-A - D- D-C DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Network Bridge Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description MAC Bridge Miniport Physical Address C - - - -E -DC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ee f b aa d Prefe rred Site-local IPv Address fec ee f b aa d Preferred Temporary IPv Address cf c fc eb a Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe ee f b aa d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained December Lease Expires December Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -B - F-B -C - A-A - D- D-C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Reusable Microsoft To Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabl... Read more

Relevancy 67.51%

Hello

I have a dell inspiron 6400, and yesterday it suddenly was unable to connect to my wireless network. It has been randomly disconnecting from the network for a few weeks now, but I have just restarted my PC and it reconnects.

I can now only connect to my network via an ethernet cable.

Do I need to replace my network adapter? Do I need a new laptop? Is there a way I can fix it manually?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

A:Can't connect to a wireless network without an ethernet cable

and welcome to the Forum

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again.

How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type type the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter. Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

then please Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-connect-to-a-wireless-network-without-an-ethernet-cable-663997.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I have a problem with my internet that makes absolutely no sense to me. I recently bought a new ethernet cable because my old was...well...kinda old and it had some wires popping out. I plugged in the new cable and all of a sudden it won't give me internet access. Instead it just says stuff like Local area connection 6, unidentified network, no internet access. I thought maybe I got a faulty cable, but I plugged in my old one and it still says the same thing. I can't even fathom how this is possible. All I did was change out ethernet cables, it's not like they change the settings on my computer or modem.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

A:Unidentified Network after changing Ethernet Cable

Did you run the troubleshooter ?

Your IPv4 connection has to say Internet

Right click on the network icon and run the troubleshooter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/329971-unidentified-network-after-changing-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hey y Ethernet & Question Laptops: WiFi all I m looking to buy a laptop soon and I am making a chart on Excel to compare the features of some of the computers I ve been looking at This brings me to my question What is the difference between Ethernet that is and one that is listed at And what is the difference between WiFi that says B G and one that says B Laptops: Ethernet & WiFi Question G N I see a couple laptops that I m Laptops: Ethernet & WiFi Question interested in but they re lacking the and the N parts But I really don t have any idea what this means I think N is the newer technology correct me if I m wrong but here is my school s WiFi network I think they are using the older B technology So would that mean that the N is nice to Laptops: Ethernet & WiFi Question have but not needed since the computer would run on B speed anyways http www yorku ca computng students internet airyork index html I m looking to attach this laptop to my wired router at home if I m using it there or to connect it to the WiFi network at my school nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

Hi everyone...

i was wondering if there is anyway to have 2 laptops connect to 1 modem using 1 Ethernet cord each...

i want to be able to connect to the internet on both laptops...

my modem has 4 ethernet ports,and both pcs use VISTA.

i tried it already but i only have a connection on 1 laptop...

please help!!!

thanks

A:Solved: 2 laptops 1 modem 2 Ethernet cable Question (Urgent!!!)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-2-laptops-1-modem-2-ethernet-cable-question-urgent.831982/
Relevancy 67.08%

How do I build a program without the internet? I wanted to get VLC but all the guides say I need to connect to the Universe Server or whatever it is, to build it.

Which brings me to this, how do I get online if Ubuntu doesnt recognize the ethernet card? I tried 2, and I downloaded drivers...except there for windows, which is all I could find. I couldnt find anything for Linux on either card.

The ethernet card that I want to use is - 3com 3c905-tx. The other one is a couple versions older. The 3com website doesnt have a linux driver for it. So, can I put it in the bios prior to loading or something? How does it work with Linux? Ive probably spent 1hr total on the OS. Sorry for the lack of knowledge and possibly newbie question.

A:How do I get Ubuntu to recognize my ethernet card? (Also other Linux questions)

It's alright. I'm sure even the smartest techie would be confused

Well, you may want to try using a Linux-compatible ethernet card, as your card may not be compatible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-get-ubuntu-to-recognize-my-ethernet-card-also-other-linux-questions.70330/
Relevancy 66.65%

I have several computers set up on a home lan using linksys 10/100 etherfast nic cards and a linksys etherfast router-(BEFSR41) + cat5e cable.I also have high speed dsl and the thought occured to me I might creating a bottleneck as far as speed goes, so my questions are as follows:

1.If I were to switch to gigabit nic cards,10/100/1000 router,and cat 6 cable.Will I see a speed increase in downloading and searching the net?

2.Does lan speed have anything at all to do with how pc's interact with the net or does it have to do with how the pc's interact with each other peer to peer sharing files?

thanks

A:network speed questions

1. You will see absolutely no difference switching from 10/100 to gigabit in Internet access.

2. The maximum speed really affects local network file sharing. However, I think you'll be disappointed in the difference between 10/100 and gigabit for file sharing unless you have a real server O/S in the mix. SMB protocol overhead seems to limit my gigabit access to other workstations to about 20% faster than when they were connected with 10/100 NIC's.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-speed-questions.419936/
Relevancy 66.65%

I am trying to figure out the simplest way to have the internet on both of my home desktops I have a HP now hooked up to dsl via phone line and the computer is plugged into the ethernet card and this computer is using windows I m getting a Dell next week with windows XP and I want this computer in a different room I m trying to figure all of this out before the new computer comes so that I can have everything I need to be able to have both of these computers share the internet Both rooms have access to phone jacks so I m thinking that if they are both plugged into the phone jack then maybe thats all I need Seems too simple though Should I go with Dell...both OS, DSL ethernet...using 1 1 rooms, 2 network - questions HP, Home 2 one of the wireless routers Home network questions - 2 rooms, 2 OS, 1 HP, 1 Dell...both ethernet...using DSL that I have Home network questions - 2 rooms, 2 OS, 1 HP, 1 Dell...both ethernet...using DSL been reading about And if yes where do I start DOes the fact that the computers have different OS matter nbsp

A:Home network questions - 2 rooms, 2 OS, 1 HP, 1 Dell...both ethernet...using DSL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/home-network-questions-2-rooms-2-os-1-hp-1-dell-both-ethernet-using-dsl.399290/
Relevancy 66.22%

I'm trying to connect my desktop, whose wifi mysteriously stopped working, back into my wireless network. Having finally given up on doing it wirelessly, I was about to cave and go buy a long ethernet cable to connect to the router directly when I had a thought. Is it possible to connect my desktop to my laptop via an ethernet cable and then just piggyback off of my laptop, whose wireless connection does work?

I tried just plugging an ethernet cable in to the two computers, but that didn't work (and, in fact, screwed with my laptop's wireless, but that's another, already solved problem). I have no idea what other information you might need, so just ask.

A:Connecting to a wifi network via ethernet

I think what you have to do is go to the network and sharing center in Control Panel, click Adapter settings. Then highlight both adapters and right click. Select Bridge connections. I'm not sure if that does it or not. It's been a while since I've done something similar, but its worth a shot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/102528-connecting-wifi-network-via-ethernet.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hey there! I have an HP G62 laptop with a "Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 WiFi Adapter". I was looking at the internals of the comp. one day and I see there are 2 antenna wires going to it (by "it" i mean the wifi card) - a black wire with a "1" sticker on it and a white wire with a "2" sticker. What do the numbers stand for and is one of them considered an "AUX" antenna?

Relevancy 66.22%

I recently bought a Radeon HD 5670 video card and upon installation realized I need a different cable than the one I am currently running from my monitor "emachines LE1799" to my motherboard. I found out it takes DL-DVI, DisplayPort, or HDMI cables. I looked up the DL-DVI and I believe that is for running multiple displays correct? I will not be running more than one monitor, so can I buy the HDMI cable? Will that be the best option to connect the card to my monitor? Or will the DL-DVI be superior?

Thanks in advance for any help provided.
You guys are a lifesaver... without you I would be shooting in the dark. :0

Edit: Hmm I think I will need an HDMI to something else cable because I don't see that port on my monitor.

A:DL-DVI and HDMI video card port and cable questions

Go ahead and ignore this question... I was able to get an answer from another forum. Turns out I need an dvi to vga cable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dl-dvi-and-hdmi-video-card-port-and-cable-questions.158239/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi

Had this problem for a few years, but hasn't really bugged me until lately when I need it!!

I have a Dell Studio XPS M1330 Laptop, has NVIDIA motherboard. I think ever since I purchased the PC this problem has occurred.

Problem: NVIDIA nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet card will only detect an ethernet cable when I restart. The minute I unplug it, it will not detect it if I plug it back in. I have searched high and low for a solution but have not been able to find one that works. I have disabled the sleep setting on the device and made sure the computer is not allowed to turn off device to save power. Drivers are updated.

Please help if anyone has an idea. I have a lot of knowledge with computers so you do not have to dumb it down....although I can't figure this one out!

Thanks

A:NVIDIA nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet card not detecting cable

I assume you are unplugging it and going straight to wifi?
You'll want to disable the wifi before plugging it in again (most laptops have a buttong for this that looks something like ((i)), or there will be issues with the router.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/255106-nvidia-nforce-10-100-1000-mbps-ethernet-card-not-detecting-cable.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have just started to use P2P Networks such as Limewire, Mynapster. Also been using Bit Torrent apps. Azureus, BitComet, Etc. I Have a Cable modem speed of 450kbs. I can only seem to get speeds as high as 50kbs. Even with high seeder values, and good healthy files??.
I have also ran A program for windows XP to Improve TCP/Ip speeds 10 ports to 50 open ports?. Didn't work Also Tryed Netspeed to improve performance, but know such luck!. I have tryed searching high, and low for more Information how to improve this. It seems that I need to find a professional or someone that knows more than me about it.
Please help , Errghhhh . I am also not using a router!!!

A:Cable modem P2P Network speed SLOW ?

If you had read the rules you would know that P2P is not supported here!

If you read the rules, and obey them you can come back in a day!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cable-modem-p2p-network-speed-slow.439067/
Relevancy 65.79%

I recently bought a Belkin m cat e crossover cable to connect my desktop to my D laptop in the hopes that it would be a faster way for me to directly transfer data between the two The desktop's ethernet card is a Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller model no RTL and the D 's is a Broadcom NetExtreme xx Gigabit Controller model no B ND X Both seem to be gigabit-capable cards yet I'm not able to get gigabit speeds from them when looking at the connection it shows Mbit s and the fastest speed that each of them can be set to in Device Manager - gt Advanced - gt Speed amp Duplex is Mbit Full Duplex Even worse I'm not even getting those speeds when I transfer data - I'm getting a measly MB s so about Mbit s and even that is constantly dropping So far I've tried updating uninstalling and then updating both drivers automatically via the Device Manager I then manually installed drivers the Desktop's from here Realtek RTL XX PCI-E Network Connection Driver Driver Details Dell UK and the laptop's using DriverMax because I couldn't find a driver for it Still no luck and I'm now at a loss for what to try When I bought the crossover I really didn't think it'd take this speed Gigabit-capable network Low on ethernet cards much Low ethernet speed on Gigabit-capable network cards to get it up and running I suppose I was under the naive impression it'd be pretty much plug-and-play

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/401163-low-ethernet-speed-gigabit-capable-network-cards.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I recently purchased a NAS Drive which works ok. However I have also found out that my Sky Hub only supports <100Mbps.

The problems I have is when copying to the NAS drive I only get write speeds of around 10-12MBps which sounds about right being around 1/8 of the 100Mbps. Also when I stream I get a lot of buffering/cut out with any HD content streaming to my Xbox 360.

I just wanted to know if unplugging everything from the router and into a gigabit Ethernet switch then connecting that to the router will speed everything up? Or would I be better off going all out on a pricey router?

Basically am I right in thinking the switch will bypass the router for anything not using the internet?

Relevancy 65.36%

I have been searching but have not searched perhaps as far as I should
In my Windows 8 taskbar on the right there are a few items I can select and customize but see no selection for network icons.
I am using Windows 8 with Start8 product add-in.
I can see speaker icon, skydrive icon, troubleshooting icon and so on......

This is an HP Envy 15t laptop.

I can get to Charms to show up and select Devices.....among other things

Thank you in advance
Peter

A:Can I add Network (Ethernet and WIFI) icon to taskbar?

Hello Peter,

You should be able to turn on the Network icon for your taskbar in your System Icons settings below.
System Icons - Turn On or Off - Windows 7 Help Forums
If you mean the Charms bar (black bar on right that slides in), then click on the Settings charm to see the Network icon at the top right corner of the bottom section.
Charms Bar - Open in Windows 8

If you like, here's a shortcut below that opens directly to the Networks flyout.
Networks flyout Shortcut - Create in Windows 8
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/51341-can-i-add-network-ethernet-wifi-icon-taskbar.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I have two desktop computers The old How over to up network? WiFi ethernet set preference connection one running Windows XP and the new one running Windows My goal is to set up a shared folder between them so that I can copy large files from XP How to set up ethernet connection preference over WiFi network? machine to Win and back Both desktops had ethernet ports so I connected them via a quot How to set up ethernet connection preference over WiFi network? patch cord quot ethernet cable I then followed this tutorial to set up the sharing How to set up ethernet connection preference over WiFi network? part https www youtube com watch v BET mYyqZ It works but when I was transfering a GB folder from XP to it took almost hrs to do that So it made me think that ethernet is not that slow is it The thing is that both computers are connected to the same WiFi router for the Internet connection so it seems like the transfer of this large folder was carried out over slower WiFi connection instead of the ethernet cable So my question is how do I make it quot prefer quot or use the ethernet connection for this shared folder

A:How to set up ethernet connection preference over WiFi network?

Quote: Originally Posted by dc2000

Both desktops had ethernet ports, so I connected them via a "patch cord" ethernet cable.

Did you connect a single cable between the two computer?
e.g. one end of the cable connects to one computer
the other end of that same cable connects to the other computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/382620-how-set-up-ethernet-connection-preference-over-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Debug report attached.

debug-sc-x301-xxxx.zip

A:BSOD when connecting to network (Ethernet and Wifi)

I upgraded a Lenovo X301 Windows 7 x64 to Windows 10 pro yesterday and whenever I attempt to connect to the internet I will receive a BSOD. I can only get back into windows by turning off wifi and/or removing the ethernet cable. I can boot into safe mode and access internet just fine which tells me it might not be a driver issue.. I have disabled all start up programs and removed all anti virus applications as well. Please help. Thanks.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/10844-bsod-when-connecting-network-ethernet-wifi.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi,

I tired to allow my windows 7 laptop to print over the network, and after 3 hours gave up as nothing seemed to work. I must have done something because now i can not connect to WI FI at all or Ethernet.

It says on the system tray Not connected and below that connections available, and under wireless network connection it says it is connected to my wireless connection but i can not connect.

Please any help would be good, i have no Home group with, not sure if this is something i did, it's all a blur to me.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

A:Cannot not connect to WIFI or ethernet after trying to config network.

Have you tried plugging in an ethernet cable to your router directly to see if you connect?
Have you factory reset or power cycled your modem?
What configs did you change if any? Do you remember?

On my laptops...if it shows connections available but unable to connect resetting the modem usually fixes it up

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/250099-cannot-not-connect-wifi-ethernet-after-trying-config-network.html
Relevancy 65.36%

As per the picture and title I have a windows with a wifi card for internet access I have an XP tower right next to it connected via ethernet cable to the Both XP and are professional editions bits I want the XP to have internet access like a normal computer through this set up Side story to this set up They're both Dell Poweredge s I acquired that I use as workhorses for processing high volumes of data They're located in my basement and the router is on the third floor therefore wifi They are remotely controlled from the third floor where my office is This is all home not for business professional The poweredges have a gig per second ethernet port and I mean to share lets of data back n forth between them so the ethernet cross-cable is crucial Can this be done Could you walk me through it I've tried to solve it from different angles without any success so far I've tried ICS without success I think all that came out of that was shared folders between the two PCs I've ethernet connection wifi with with XP card Windows share 7 to tried bridging the WiFi LAN which disables ICS Nothing Windows 7 with wifi card connection to share ethernet with XP worked so far Windows 7 with wifi card connection to share ethernet with XP so I probably missed a step or did something wrong Thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 with wifi card connection to share ethernet with XP

Highlight both of them and rightclick the wifi one and pick bridge.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/378198-windows-7-wifi-card-connection-share-ethernet-xp.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Windows user with my card will wifi connect ethernet no longer connected; recommended Windows updates up wifi connected; ethernet card will no longer connect to date except as removed by system restore mentioned below Samsung NP P C laptop Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller A couple of weeks ago I noticed that I no longer had a wired connection on my laptop only the wifi For ages I've run with both connected wifi connected; ethernet card will no longer connect it prioritized the wire and I never had a problem but the wired connection dropped out and will not come back to life even if I disconnect from the wifi I spent a lot of time over the past few days doing online research didn't want to get too aggressive but here is what I have tried Give the ethernet card's MAC address a static IP on the gateway Actiontec router provided by Verizon Attempt to configure the IPv properties on the ethernet card to use the right default gateway and mask these have gone south as you'll see in my ipconfig dump below ipconfig release and renew - renew never completed New cable that was my first try New driver Fell back to old driver System Restore back to the beginning of the month The router is also new Verizon sent me a new one which I installed at the beginning of this week No improvement I have to admit that I didn't dig deep into these settings while using the old router because it was also dropping wifi a couple of times a day and so I thought it was just failing At first it would not recognize the cable but then I read somewhere to adjust the speed and duplex from Auto detect to just anything else in the list to see if one worked and when I chose gbps and full duplex the adapter woke up and I could see the light on the router come on for the connected port However it doesn't recognize the network how disloyal it's been using it for years I can now also see the computer listed on the router's page of network connections However the computer thinks this is an unknown public network with no connectivity Here is my ipconfig dump I made some notes in red and the bolded items strike me as WRONG Windows IP Configuration Host Name CarolineSamsung Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List domain actdsltmp Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection do not know what this is Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address C - - -E -C -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection I have a bluetooth device I sometimes use maybe this is that Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address C - - -E -C -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet HERE IS MY PROBLEM CHILD Connection-specific DNS Suffix should be something here yes Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -B -C - - C-AA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b f a e Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- -A -C -C - - -E -C -E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi working rock solid so far Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain actdsltmp Description Intel R Centrino R Advanced-N Physical Address C - - -E -C -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cc c f e c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday June PM Lease Expires Thursday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- -A -C -C - - -E -C -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap C BEA-B B- -AF - D B C FE don't know what these tunnel things are Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adap... Read more

A:wifi connected; ethernet card will no longer connect

Most likely you screwed something up either on the IP for the Ethernet card on your computer, or did it on your Gateway. Check out ezlan.net for further info how to do what you want to do.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/67805-wifi-connected-ethernet-card-will-no-longer-connect.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I think it is.. I love Zonealarm.. the free one.... I tried to install it on my friend's dad's computer but It keeps zapping and bringing me to the Blue Screen Error Message page.. so I have to restart it manually (pulling the plug) I think it's because it's running another firewall....

I think he has Comcast or something like that.. it's Cable.. I don't think it's great because i think it lets other programs enter.. Zonealarm tells me When a program (even a safe one like firefox) wants to enter my computer.. but I don't want to mess with someone eles's computer without asking you experts first........... It was built into his browser....

??? thank you..........

A:Question.. Is zonealarm better than a built in High Speed Cable firewall?

Uninstall ZoneAlarm and see if the blue screen stops occuring. Is your friend's dad running Vista? If so you can go to Control Panel > Security Centre and see if he has another firewall running. Windows XP's Security Center may also list the firewalls in use too, but I dont remember.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-is-zonealarm-better-than-a-built-in-high-speed-cable-firewall.706122/
Relevancy 64.93%

hi,

I am seriously considering buying a PS2 network adaptor but have a few questions on it.
Its about 6 or 7 metres from my router to my ps2 so im going to need to buy a bigger ethernet cable but is a LAN cable the same as an ethernet cable? Are the heads the same size?

Also does the network adaptor work with a mod chip. Some people say yeah works fine but some people say it doesnt.

One other thing Ive got a wireless router so is there any way of getting the network adaptor wireless to the router?

I have got the requirements for the adaptor btw.

A:Questions about PS2 network adaptor. (work with mod chip, make it wireless,ethernet)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/questions-about-ps2-network-adaptor-work-with-mod-chip-make-it-wireless-ethernet.355217/
Relevancy 64.93%

I m having issues Cable Unolugged Wifi Issues/ Network connecting my Dell Inspiron laptop to the internet I m running Windows XP Also I m using a Linsks Wireless Router if that helps The wireless adaptor shows quot cannot configure this wireless connection quot and the local area connection shows the error quot network cable unplugged quot It s already set up to obtain my IP address and DNS server addresses automatically Wifi Issues/ Network Cable Unolugged so that s not the problem I have tried resetting everything and still nothing seems to work Also I can connect other laptops iPods phones etc to the internet with no problems I was reading other forums about this as well and I read one that seemed similar and it said something like quot disabled the Intel adapter and am managing WiFi through Windows quot Would that work And if so How can I do that I am pretty much computer illiterate so sorry if I didn t explain this well Please help It would be much appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

Hello all, Had to replace a dead hard drive and just installed a new one along with Windows 7 on my niece's Envy Touchsmart M6-k022dx. Can anyone recommend working Windows 7 drivers for this model. I was thinking i only need to get the ethernet/wifi working so that i can update the laptop to Windows 10 and then install the drivers from the drivers page. ANy recommendation is greatly appreciated.  Thanks,

A:Network (Ethernet/WiFi) drivers for HP Envy Touchsmart M6-k0...

Hi: Chipset:  Install the amd chipset drivers and restart the PC.  You want the first file listed on the webpage. http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows%207%20-%2064 Graphics:  Install the graphics driver from AMD and restart the PC.  You want the 1st driver listed on the webpage. http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy3&os=Windows%207%20-%2064 Ethernet:  This package provides the driver for the Realtek Ethernet Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74001-74500/sp74233.exe Wireless: This package contains the driver installation package for the Ralink wireless LAN Controllers in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71525.exe Bluetooth: This package contains the driver installation package for the MediaTek/Ralink Bluetooth in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp70501-71000/sp70570.exe Card reader:  Download, unzip and run the setup application from the 1st file on the list. http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=15&PFid=25&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT... Touchpad:  Use the W8 driver from your PC's support page. Webcam: This package contains the CyberLink YouCam Software for the supported notebook models and operating systems. CyberLink YouCam is a webcam application that enables users to capture images and video from a web camera and apply visual effects to captured images and video. http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp65501-66000/sp65795.exe If you had already upgraded to W10 and it was succesfully activated, you can clean install W10 without having to install W7 and upgrade it again. When you get to the W10 installation window, just select the I don't have a product key option and W10 should install and automatically reactivate since microsoft has a record of your PC having been previously upgraded to W10.     

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Network-Ethernet-WiFi-drivers-for-HP-Envy-Touchsmart-M6/td-p/5818009
Relevancy 64.93%

I need to set up a small office network . I know how to set up a WiFi network on several PCs with a usb stick but two of our PCs are connected to the router via Ethernet. This is the set up;
2 laptops running Vista connecting wirelessly
2 desktop PC'S running Windows XP connecting direct to ZyXel adsl wireless modem router via ethernet cables
1 desktop PC running XP connecting wirelessly

The idea is to enable all PCs to print to a (non WiFi) laser printer connected to one of the desktop PCs which in turn is connected to the router with an ethernet cable

How do I incorporate the ethernet connected PC's into the 'network'?

Thanks!

Relevancy 64.93%

Is it possible to use my wifi to download at the same time use my ethernet adapter to play local lan games ?
I have tried to bridge both adapters but it didn't got the result I expected.

Please help me out !

A:Network bridge : Lanplay using Ethernet + Download using WIFI

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

Normally, the network adapter drivers work with the Operating System (OS) to pick one connection to use. This is especially true in a laptop where the network drivers for the wireless adapter might automatically disable the wireless connection once the OS has a wired connection.

I make use of multiple network adapters by using Virtual Machines (VM), but that probably would not be practical for your situation since a VM takes up resources that you should probably reserve for gaming. Maybe some of the other forum members have some suggestions for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/302377-network-bridge-lanplay-using-ethernet-download-using-wifi.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi,

I am connected to one Router. However, when connected wirelessly, I see there is a network name 'MikroTik- Mohammad'. However, when I am connected with a wired cable, I see the network name as 'MikroTik-BCEDB'. As a result, when I am connected wirelessly and via wired cable to the same router, I see two network names, although I am connected to one router. This is strange.

How to merge Ethernet and WiFi connection Network names in one Network name?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/64481-how-merge-ethernet-wifi-connection-network-names-one-name.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Before I bring this computer in I'll try one last shot with posting on forums rather than just reading them I've tried just about everything I can think of to google and coming to those more literate in hopes that I've missed something in my travels Though I've tried all the usual suspects setsh and all the rest I'm fine with re-trying everything from the beginning as well Here's the specs and the answers to some common questions C WINDOWS system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Thibs Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description WiFi and Ethernet Unidentified Network/valid IP both configuration: Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address - - - -D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek USB GbE Family Controller Physical Address C-EB-E - - - DHCP Enabled Unidentified Network/valid IP configuration: both Ethernet and WiFi Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f c b Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E-D -B -CC- - - - -D - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Dual Band Wireless-AC Physical Address - - - -D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d d d f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E-D -B -CC- - - - -D - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - - -D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C WINDOWS system gt IP addresses are set to connect automatically for both IPv and Antivirus disabled Network adapters uninstalled and autofound When attempting to install latest Realtek drivers the following message appears Realtek Network Controller was not found Says the driver is installed but it is the same version as before When running Realtek's diagnostic utility the following error appears Fail set Operates normally except when clicking on Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter which causes it to display Fail Set again and reset the program I admit I don't know what Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter or Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection refer to Asus UX F laptop running Windows x Becomes quite warm since the problem maybe due to trying to connect Used to run extremely cool so it is a noticeable difference I tried a bunch of other things as well but clearly I'm just missing something here so might as well start from the beginning o Thanks for any guidance you can give

A:Unidentified Network/valid IP configuration: both Ethernet and WiFi

When you see your IP address in the 169.254.xxx.xxx range that means you are not getting a DNS from your router. Try to turn your router off for about 15 seconds and then turn it back on and see if that helps.

You may have to restart your computer also.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/54443-unidentified-network-valid-ip-configuration-both-ethernet-wifi.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I'm a new Plusnet customer and I cannot connect to the internet using wifi I just get a page saying the broadband is down. So I tried using an ethernet cable and after manually setting this up I can use the internet. I accidentally disconnected the cable yesterday but the internet didn't fault, it's now working wirelessly. I can connect to the wifi using my mobile and iPad but I cannot connect to the internet. A new router has been sent and the problem still persists, a bt engineer has also visited but cannot find a solution.

Can anybody please help me?

A:I can't connect to wifi but connect with an Ethernet cable works, even when it isn't plugged in

It gets confusing as to which device is being used so as a guideline
disable one or the other (wifi vs wired) and don't allow both to be active at the same time. Technically, which ever device gets an IP address from your router will become the gateway to your ISP - - ignoring the connectivity of the second device to access your router.

With a laptop, we just toggle the keyboard to enable/disable wifi and the wired is easy - - just pull the cable out.

create a desktop shortcut to \windows\system32\devmgmt.msc
to control the devices (needs admin access)
expand [+] network adapters and you'll see the list
mine are

Dell Wireless 1502 ....
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Just right-click->disable and you can always right-click->enable

The png posted shows both are enabled and the wired has the gateway.
If the cable is disconnected, this is quite impossible.

SO, first control which device is to be used and then make the connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-connect-to-wifi-but-connect-with-an-ethernet-cable-works-even-when-it-isnt-plugged-in.204891/
Relevancy 64.5%

Friends on my Compaq DC7600 with a typical Broadcom ethernet controller, running Windows 8 Enterprise RTM 32-bit, the network performance is unreliable. With my windows 7 hdd in and running its flawless. If I still a USB wireless device in and run it to the same access point as is hosting the cabled connection, it is fast/furious. Sometimes the network link via CAT5 will start off with a blaze but then quickly drop to a crawl inside of 1sec.
Anyone seen this?

On ordinary internet traffic, flipping through web pages, it seems "normal" but the halt/herky/jerky disease triggers on any long-download item [such as a speedtest or a file download]

clues? Should I replace the default windows 8-installed driver with something else?

A:Unstable Broadcom/CAT5/Ethernet network speed. Is the driver buggy?

Have you tried shutting everything down - power off - leave for a few minutes and then power up.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/9298-unstable-broadcom-cat5-ethernet-network-speed-driver-buggy.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I recently tried to install a promise stex4650 for raid 0 on my vista 64, giga p5 ud6 system. Couldn't get it to install the os, tried for a week with tech support. Even when I created the raid on the mobo and ghosted it over it worked for a bit and then would not boot into the os. I'm returning this card and have a question. Will I get superior performance with a card since this mobo has ddr 333 and ichr 10 drivers ? Toms hardware tested cards against ichr10 and ichr10 tested faster....what am I mising ?

Also I need an affordable scsi card 50 pin to work on vista 64 for an obsolete printer and scanner any recomendations ?

Thanks, Bruce

Relevancy 64.5%

Hi I am not the most tech-savvy knowledgeable person when it comes to WiFi network security and am hoping someone might be able to answer a couple of questions pertaining to my situation I live in an apartment complex in which free Questions Public Privacy Network WIFI WiFi is included in the rent Based on my understanding the apartment complex has a WLAN that is owned by Airwave Networks http www airwave-networks com index php about-us html In order to use the network you are brought to a page where you are asked to create an account the first time you connect the page looks like this http login airwavenetwork com login resident site Public WIFI Network Privacy Questions DE-SGRE You are then asked to login with your username which is linked to personally identifiable info such as your name etc to use the network Basically my concern relates to privacy and I have two questions First in this scenario is it the local network administrator property manager or whoever has access to the router or the ISP itself Airwave who can see what websites etc that I visit and link them with that username I can t tell whether that login page means the ISP itself or the administrator of the wireless LAN can link my traffic with my username Secondly if I use the Hotspot Shield Public WIFI Network Privacy Questions VPN program http www hotspotshield com en while connected to the network does that hide what websites etc that I visit from the local network admin as well as the ISP I know that in theory it is supposed to but I am not sure as to whether or not that applies to this situation where I have to actually login with a username and password linked to personal info to use the wireless network Any info would be appreciated Thanks

A:Public WIFI Network Privacy Questions

I was surprised to see that the login form is HTTP, and not HTTPS.

How is the WLAN secured?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/480694/public-wifi-network-privacy-questions/
Relevancy 64.5%

We only have dialup access where I live and we are looking into satellite which may not be possible still due to trees blocking the sky to the south We are trying to get setup and ready though in case it does work out but I m stuck now Networking is not my strong area We have been on dialup since the mid s and my knowledge is so outdated in that area I m running Windows XP Home Edition SP and am a bit lost We are going to want to set it up as a wireless internet so we can connect to WiFi with our eReader devices as well as the computer and possibly a laptop later down the road We have a network card built into the motherboard already Realtek RTL PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC that is copied and pasted from the Network Connections properties Considering the fact that all the sites say to go to Network Connnections person... Network WiFi setup a questions not I'm - - Wireless to connect WiFi setup questions - I'm not a Network person... to a WiFi network and I don t have a Wireless option listed anywhere in Network Connections I WiFi setup questions - I'm not a Network person... m guessing it s the network card that needs to have WiFi support built in correct Do we need to invest in a new card or am I missing something in the OS for the Wireless settings Or to make things easier do they make splitters for the LAN cables so we could bounce the cable from the satellite dish to both the computer and the router I m not really sure which route we should take here and any info is appreciated We ve had dialup for too many years and to make it worse the phone lines only support a k connection so we are at half the speed of dialup if anybody can imagine how nasty that is Everything is meant for high speed access now and we can t hardly even check emails without spending minutes to just download a couple of them let alone load most pages without constant time outs By the way I haven t been on the site forever so my computer stats are probably out dated If any other info is needed other than the network card type and OS please let me know Thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

I have a Sony Vaio with WIFI and an ALienware that does not have WIFI. I need to connect the Alienware to the Vaio with ethernet cable to access the net. I keep getting a IP address conflict message on the Vaio. The only thing I need the Vaio for is the WIFI connectivity. Will be purchasing a new PCI card (wireless adapter) soon but until I do... I need to make that connection on the Vaio a Hot Spot or the likes. Any surefire methodology to accomplish this task? Thanks so much for any help you can offer. Kirt (530)749-1110

A:Win XP, laptop#1 has WIFI, laptop #2 needs to connect thru #1 with ethernet cable

what operating systems are on the PCs

you should use ICS - internet connection sharing or bridge
what type of cable do you have - it may need a crossover cable if the pcs are old and do not have autosensing LAN connections
TURN ON ICS
TURN ON ICS - for internet sharing

General
-------
TURN ON ICS - for internet sharing
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Using-ICS-Internet-Connection-Sharing

XP
--
TURN ON ICS - for internet sharing - for windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/crawford_02july01.mspx

VISTA
-----
TURN ON ICS - for internet sharing - for windows VISTA
http://www.windowsreference.com/win...ternet-connection-sharing-ics-setup-in-vista/

windows 7
---------
TURN ON ICS - for internet sharing - for windows 7
http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-7/bridge-network-connections-in-windows-7/

Bridging two network connections:
Make sure the secondary connection has DHCP enabled.
Open the Network Connections folder from the Start Menu, Settings.
Select the first connection to be used in the bridge and highlight it by left clicking on it.
Holding the Ctrl key, select the second connection to be used in the bridge by left clicking on it.
Right click on one of the two highlighted connections and select Bridge Connections.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-laptop-1-has-wifi-laptop-2-needs-to-connect-thru-1-with-ethernet-cable.1016997/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi everyone, we are having issues with all of our Latitude E7450's and E7470's not reconnecting to wifi after being connected to LAN. The problem occurs when you have been connected to a dock or directly to an ethernet cable, when removing from the dock or unplugging the network cable the wifi adaptor stays off and cannot be turned on via the proset software, the only sollution is to reset the proset software or reboot the laptop.
E7470's are running drivers 18.12.0.0687 as are the 7450'sHas anyone come across this?
Thanks.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990982
Relevancy 64.07%

I m having some serious issues connecting my Dell Inspiron laptop to the internet I m running Windows XP Home edition The laptop connects perfectly well to the wireless Issues: Cable Wifi Network Unplugged Solved: network great signal strength everything seemingly fine using an IntelProset wireless adaptor However there is Solved: Wifi Issues: Network Cable Unplugged no actual internet connection can t load pages can t check e-mails etc The Solved: Wifi Issues: Network Cable Unplugged wireless adaptor shows no errors but the local area connection shows the error quot network cable unplugged quot Now here s the puzzle this happens only on selected wireless networks Of the four networks I have frequently been using over the past year or so all in different locations two work perfectly well with normal internet connection and two suddenly give me trouble Also the two giving me trouble worked normally up until a couple of months ago and now I have the problem with any new wireless connections I try to access I don t think it can be a problem with the actual connections modems routers because other users are having no problems I ve tried disabling and re-enabling the local area connection I ve tried changing the link speed and duplex I ve tried updating and reinstalling the driver for my broadcom x integrated controller I ve tried restoring my system to early February in short all the troubleshooting steps I could find related to this problem and all to no avail I can no longer put up with this little quirk because I m now permanently located at one of the quot dud quot connections so I would really appreciate any and all help Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

Hello,

I have two network adapters in Windows 10 one wifi for connecting to internet and one Ethernet for local network.
I need to configure wifi adapter to public network and Ethernet to private network but i can't.

Inverse it work ( wifi to private and Ethernet to public ) but I don't need that.
(only wifi adapter have option to be discoverable by others pd in Network Settings -> advanced options )

I need to share files by Ethernet AND NOT by wifi.

Any suggestion?

Thank you

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/54440-configure-two-network-type-wifi-public-ethernet-private.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a Win system Everything was working until a few days ago and then the Ethernet connection stopped The activity LEDs work but the Ethernet will not connect The Wifi works fine through the same router as the Ethernet is plugged into Here is what I did so far Rebooted PC full power cycle Rebooted router MSCONFIG to disable all unknown services and apps Replaced Ethernet cable Tried a different on Unidentified works fine - Ethernet Network Windows Wifi 7 - port Confirmed Ethernet driver is latest version Deleted Ethernet driver anyway and reinstalled Reset IP Stack Set TCP IPv to static IP and defined the DNS server Confirmed the adapter's advanced settings were Windows 7 - Unidentified Network on Ethernet - Wifi works fine correct Connected to a USB Ethernet adapter that I know works and has worked before on Windows 7 - Unidentified Network on Ethernet - Wifi works fine this PC Nothing I did in the above list worked - Windows 7 - Unidentified Network on Ethernet - Wifi works fine Ethernet does not connect The activity LEDs are working The Network Connections shows a plugged-in Ethernet as an Unidentified Network Here is the IPCONFIG ALL Quote Windows IP Configuration Host Name London Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C- -D -B - -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dc a ea c d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - D-E - C- -D -B - -E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description ASIX AX A USB to Fast Ethernet Ada pter Physical Address - - B- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address BC- - -CE-CA- A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained December- - PM Lease Expires December- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - D-E - C- -D -B - -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address BC- - -CE-CA- E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F BE -BD - D - E - E F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E F A - C - C- DE- A DDA FFD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I am a total loss I thought it was a hardware problem at first but the fact that it does not work on a USB Ethernet adapter tells me the problem lies somewhere in Windows Any help is appreciated Konacq

A:Windows 7 - Unidentified Network on Ethernet - Wifi works fine

What router is it and have you tried plugging your modem into the pc it self to after rebooting both devices sans router? Could your router have like enabled mac filtering perhaps?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/387345-windows-7-unidentified-network-ethernet-wifi-works-fine.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi Gang,

I have Earthlink DSL. 6000mbps. I recently purchased a laptop. I'm thinking of getting an Ethernet splitter and extra cable so my laptop can also have dsl.

Will this cause my dsl to be slower in both connections? By how much?

A:If I Split My Ethernet Cable into two will the speed of my dsl be split in two?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/if-i-split-my-ethernet-cable-into-two-will-the-speed-of-my-dsl-be-split-in-two.847196/