Windows Support Forum

"No Network Access" and "Limited Connection/Connectivity" ?

Q: "No Network Access" and "Limited Connection/Connectivity" ?

Hey, I am really hoping someone can help me solve this problem, it's driving me up the wall!
When I started using my computer this morning everything was fine, and then "no network access" kept appearing, along with "limited connection/connectivity". I would troubleshoot the problem, but then at the end of the troubleshoot it would freeze, and my screen went black, so I had to turn my computer off and then on again. This problem has persisted throughout the day, I've googled it but nothing really the same as this has turned up .. if someone could please please help me, I'd really appreciate it!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: "No Network Access" and "Limited Connection/Connectivity" ?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: "No Network Access" and "Limited Connection/Connectivity" ?

Hi Caoimhe123

My name is Riyazuddin and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell

If its a wired connection - I suggest you to try using a different ethernet cable and check,
If its a wireless connection - Try to get to the router as close as possible and check,

Please specify the type of connection, model of the router, OS and the wireless card your using and reply back

Regards
Riyazuddin M

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/241273-no-network-access-limited-connection-connectivity.html
Relevancy 135.78%

I ve spent the last two or so weeks attempting to fix this problem I ll explain it to the best of my ability If you have any questions I ll be happy to help you help me My problem started about days ago Prior to this date my service would drop not predictably but enough "Network or Cable (not) no unplugged" is "Limited connectivity" and that I can remember it Comcast has insisted there is no problem and no other computers on the network experienced this problem so I assumed it was something local I never made "Network Cable is (not) unplugged" and "Limited or no connectivity" a real attempt to fix "Network Cable is (not) unplugged" and "Limited or no connectivity" it however because it wasn t a big enough problem to bother me A simple reboot would fix the problem The error would occur most often when I was downloading media and running another program that was accessing the internet The problem would still occur without both happening at the same time however so I assumed that it was a coincidence days ago I was on the internet browsing I left for an hour and upon my return found the internet was disconnected I rebooted and instead of connecting an error came up quot Limited or no connectivity quot After several more restarts I was connected but it dropped out again with the same error I connected looked my Wireless card up and it connected to the network After several days the wireless card came up with the same error In addition the error was still happening with the LAN connection and it would say the network cable is unplugged when it is clearly plugged in I would have assumed it was an error with the router but three other laptops were able to connect to the network as well as my desktop The LAN cable refuses to connect at all and when it says it is connected I still receive the quot Limited or no connectivity error quot The wireless card will connect but often goes out with the same error Right now I m using the Wireless card Doing an IPConfig the Wireless adapter is receiving all settings The LAN connection doesn t see DHCP enabled although it is I m unsure if this is an error or it doesn t see DHCP because it doesn t see the cable as connected right now it is disabled and won t re-enable because it thinks the cable is unplugged I ve looked through many different webpages and attempted the fixes suggested but nothing has helped The cable is still functional and I changed no settings between the time that it worked and suddenly stopped working I m going to retest this by plugging the the cable directly into the modem and seeing what happens I don t believe the NIC has gone bad but in either case I am unsure why this would affect the wireless card I ve disabled any firewalls incase that was causing the issue but it didn t help Whenever the wireless card isn t working I ve noticed it still receives the signel strength as I ve also noted that whenever I get the quot Limited or no connectivity error quot the Wireless card nor the LAN connection is getting an IP from the router This lead me to believe something was conflicting with my computer and the router but I am confused as to why it would only affect the wireless card sometimes I m using an Inspiron running WinXP using Comcast High Speed Internet with a Linksys router and Linksys Wireless G card My onboard card is a Broadcom x Integrated Controller I have my computer docked in a docking station with the LAN connection going through the hub Even connected directly into the computer I still receive the quot Limited or no connectivity error quot I ve contacted Comcast to see if they made any changes that may have only affected my computer After I got through the bull of a recording asking me questions and got to a real person I was told everything was quot green across the board quot When I questioned him further he insisted it was the router even if the router worked for me and is still working for the other comp... Read more

A:"Network Cable is (not) unplugged" and "Limited or no connectivity"

just one statement, I used to have a wireless network and my computer although the closest to the router would have slow or no connetion and the others would be conected and working fine. I changed to wired on everthing for that reason...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-cable-is-not-unplugged-and-limited-or-no-connectivity.59455/
Relevancy 132.06%

Hi All,

Hoping to get some direction or help here...

I have two Toshiba laptops, both have inbuilt WiFi connections.
I have a Satellite P20 with Win XP and a Satellite P100 with Vista.
I connect to a Cable Modem through a Buffalo Wireless Access Point running WEP and with SSID Broadcast On.

The P20 (XP) unit connects with no problems.
The P100 (Vista) intermittently drops to "Limited Connectivity". Sometimes switching the WiFi card off and on, using the external switch, will return the connection, as will Disabling/Enabling the card. But, in each case, the connection normally lasts just a few minutes before dropping again.

I have reset the Modem, and the Wireless Access Point, but with no improvement.

Any ideas?

A:Wireless Network Connection - Intermittent "Limited Connectivity"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-intermittent-limited-connectivity.566398/
Relevancy 131.44%

I've been looking around the forum for posts to follow other advice from other threads, but I just can't seem to make the network work. The laptop is old and little room on the C drive, so my girlfriend tried compressing the program file. The next morning the internet didn't work, so she expanded it back out. Now the internet still doesn't work. It doesn't help that i'm not that knowledgeable about computers. Any help would greatly be appreciated. The internet still works on my other laptop, so i'm assuming the router is fine? I tried connecting the laptop to the router by wire and it still gives the same problem.
I opened up cmd and the ipconfig /all is in the attachment
(also the computer is in partially in Chinese... Sorry)
Thank you

Relevancy 131.44%

Hello everyone,I've been having a problem since I updated to Windows 8.1My internet wi-fi connection is unusually low and is not working after only minutes of browsing the internet. The problem is always fixed after I run troubleshoot problems and is saying that the default Gateway is unavailable. My netword card might be the source of the problem even tough I updated the drivers. I'm not sure which one I have because drivers from Ralink and Qualcomm seem to be working both so :/Please help ^^

A:"Access Limited" or "No Internet Connection" windows 8.1

Hi,
Welcome to the forums, go to device manager, expand "Network Adapters" and find out the make of your card and post here, while you are in Device Manager, right click wireless adapter, click properties, select "Advanced" tab, select "Auto" from the drop down ( as in 2nd snip) for 802.11n Channel width for 2.4.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/50543-access-limited-no-internet-connection-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 126.48%

I just did a clean install on my windows 7 ultimate 32 bit computer to 64 bit. At first, my wireless internet was working fine, but it suddenly dropped to "limited access". I'm using a Linksys WUSB100 ver. 2 wireless network USB adapter. I've already tried downloading the latest driver for windows 7 64 bit, 3.0.3.0 from the Linksys website. I've also tried restarting my computer and the wireless modem. I did a system restore to the point where it was last working but it still isn't working. I can't think of anything else to do, please help.

A:Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit "limited access" Wireless Network Connection

Information
I hope this helps unidentified-network

Try entering you Ip and Dns. Look at mine
and all the pictures are in order.

Note
I am using Open Dns

Open network and sharing center and click on connections (your network name)
Click on Properties.
click on Internet Protocol Version 4
Enter your (computer)Ip address, Subnet mask,(router ip) Ip address, Preferred Dns Sever and Alternate Dns server.

Information
normally it is the same as mine
Ip address: 192.168.1.2
Subnet mask: (will come up automatically) 255.255.255.0
Ip address: 192.168.1.1

Using open dns

Preferred Dns sever: 208.67.222.222
Alternate Dns sever: 208.27.222.220

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/100228-windows-7-ultimate-64-bit-limited-access-wireless-network-connection.html
Relevancy 123.69%

Hi everyone, this morning I turned on the PC to do the usual stuff but I could not connect to my internet with the error "Unidentified Network - Limited". After trying to troubleshoot my ethernet I get the error "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration". After troubleshooting didn't work I took to the web. I literally tried every solution I found... to no avail. This brings me to extra frustration since I only built my PC last thursday.

System Specs: CPU; AMD A6-6400K
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-F2A75M
RAM: Kingston 8GB
Storage: 2x 1tb WD Blue
GPU; Gigabyte GTX 650
PSU: Corsair 600w
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95
Case: Corsair 200r
Operating system: Windows 8

IPConfig /all: (Will get when I find something to transfer over the info)

A:"Unidentified Network - Limited" and "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-limited-and-ethernet-doesnt-have-a-valid-ip-configuration.1113621/
Relevancy 122.45%

Hello

My Brand new Laptop: Lenovo g505 after upgrading it to windows 8.1 from MS Apps store now i am not able to connect to internet i get "limited" or "No Internet Access". i have tried to re install the driver no luck

Lenovo support suggests to do factory rest but i dont want to go back to windows 8

Does anyone else has any other idea on how to fix this issue ?
Thank you very much

A:Windows 8.1 Wifi showing "limited" or "No Internet Access"

Try rebooting the router & modem. Usually limited connection, means that the compute has failed to communicate properly with the Wireless Access Point, or wired router connection.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/41257-windows-8-1-wifi-showing-limited-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 120.9%

Hi!

I've been checkin some info in other places but the problem appears to be resistant to solutions

After scanning and removing some viruses, I found myself without wireless internet connection. I suppose some configuration was changed by the virus but I can't find out what it was to restore to default. There are 2 other PC linked wirelessly to the same router and this is the only one with the issue.

I tried ipconfig/renew failed, ping xxxxxxxx General Failure, netsh int ip reset reset.log and netsh winsock reset catalog after reboot no luck...

Help would be apreciated, I can post the result of ipconfig/all if you need it

Thanks in advance!

A:Internet wireless connection: "Limited Connectivity" in one machine!

Just to confirm,
The command is ipconfig /release & ipconfig /renew
There is a space between ipconfig and /
If you've already tried it, then looks like the viruses must have corrupted the winsock catalog.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/196093-internet-wireless-connection-limited-connectivity-one-machine.html
Relevancy 120.59%

well my friend called me up today and told me his PC was running really slow and connectivity" Internet no "Status connection >> is or limited he was having alot of errors I asked him if he ever cleaned it of spyware and such and he said no so I drove over and downloaded and installed AD-aware SE I use the program alot and it works well for removing spyware and adware I scanned his PC and it found over objects most being Internet connection >> "Status is limited or no connectivity" high risk so I removed it all and after a reboot his internet stopped working I tried everything I knew to get it on again and nothing worked he has a wireless Linksys router setup on a cable modem and I tried rebooting the modem and router which did not work we also tried hooking the router up directly to the network adapter and using a nd connection for that forgot what it was called and disabling the wirless connection but that also didn t work we ran a signal test for his Internet connection >> "Status is limited or no connectivity" router and it says it has a strong signal and it can find the router but it cant find the Internet connection >> "Status is limited or no connectivity" internet and the status on his taskbar keeps reading quot Status is limited or no connectivity quot I also tried to log on to his router but it can t find that either S so I am baffled any help is appreciated nbsp

A:Internet connection >> "Status is limited or no connectivity"

Try WinSockFix: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Network-Tweak/WinSockFix.shtml

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-status-is-limited-or-no-connectivity.48057/
Relevancy 120.59%

Hi I m having trouble setting up my no connection connectivity" Solved: "limited or wireless says parents wireless connection I ve had it working before but it seems to stop working randomly Restarting sometimes works but sometimes it Solved: wireless connection says "limited or no connectivity" s not working right now My parents desktop has Windows XP SP installed and has an LM technologies LM- WiFi USB adapter set to AP mode Yesterday I had Solved: wireless connection says "limited or no connectivity" a Vista Laptop a Vista Desktop and a Wii online but now when I try and connect the Vista computers hovering over the network icons brings up a box saying quot Unidentified network WLAN-AP Access Local only Solved: wireless connection says "limited or no connectivity" quot Clicking quot diagnose quot brings up a message telling me quot This computer has limited or no connectivity quot None of the options work I realise that this may not be enough information but I m terrible with networks Also I ve had similar problems with wired networks on my parents computer so I m pretty certain it s something with that computer Thanks in advance for any help Ben Edit Here s the IPconfig for my parents computer Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Susan gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name dunmorehome Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R DC Gigabit Network Con nection Physical Address - -D -E -DD-EB PPP adapter Freeserve Broadband Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description WAN PPP SLIP Interface Physical Address - - - - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description ZD B IEEE b g USB Adapter Physical Address - - - - -A Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway C Documents and Settings Susan gt nbsp

Relevancy 120.59%

well, tech support forums didnt help me out much but would only ignore my post. Hope this site will help me though.

Ive been getting connection through a Linsky USB adapter from a Belken rouder. Both computers are running windows xp.

The computer that is connected to the rouder works perfectly but the computer that is using the linsky usb adapter keeps on giving me a "limited or no connectivity" message when the connection is near perfect according to my internet provider. I already kno whats wrong with the computer but its the matter of knowing how to fix the problem.

The problem is my ip address ,its 169 which wont give me any connection because its just an ip that get asinged to ur pc when ever ur pc cant find ur real one.

CANT ANYONE SOLVE MY PROBLEM?

Relevancy 120.28%

Hi I have been having this problem with my desktop computer for some time and have tried so many or then Address" Connectvitiy" No Network "Acquiring "Limited things with no real solution Basically the internet works SOMETIMES and then suddenly for seemingly no reason it will lose connection fail to acquire the network address and then end up saying quot Limited or No Connectivity "Acquiring Network Address" then "Limited or No Connectvitiy" quot Sometimes when I start the computer up this will happen from the beginning Sometimes when I do a system restore "Acquiring Network Address" then "Limited or No Connectvitiy" to a few days previously it will sort the problem "Acquiring Network Address" then "Limited or No Connectvitiy" but then the problem returns after a period of time My desktop computer worked fine for some time and it has only been in the past few weeks that it has had this problem So problem Fails to acquire network address on one computer in two seperate XP partitions says quot Limited or No Connectivity quot Connection works fine on laptop Problems also on Xbox Live disconnecting I am guessing same problem as desktop but of course with less options to experiment and analyse Here is my network s set-up BT HomeHub Desktop Computer running two different XP s in seperate partitions BOTH of which have the same problem XP- SP Many programs installed incl AVG Sygate Firewall and Firefox XP- SP Very few programs installed fresh OS Still problematic Xbox Disconnects from Live sporadically and sometimes refuses to reconnect Laptop XP SP This is the only device that has no problem connecting to the router or the internet This is also the device used to set-up and configure the router in the first place Although one problem did occur at some point whilst I was trying to repair this issue which I will mention below Solutions I have tried that have ultimately failed Changing wireless adapter ADDON GWU USB same problem Netgear WG v same problem I have also tried each one with the other uninstalled on a fresh XP partition so I have determined there are no conflicts between their files or utilities Resetting router duh yeah didn t work Changing settings on Desktop so that there is a Static IP address Now says quot Connected quot instead of quot Limited or No Connectivity quot but there is no access to internet from any program Also router settings claim desktop is not connected Changing settings on router so it always assigns same address to desktop Orginally no help although now router will not even let me do it Tried resetting Winsock and TCP IP Stack No help Tried resetting router to factory settings Still no change Used a second Windows XP SP partition fresh install STILL same problem suggesting it is not a software issue This second partition is of course shown as a seperate device on the router settings with it s own IP address Also see below Tried changing from WPA encryption to WEP - this did not work and caused even the laptop to stop working I am not sure if I set up the WEP incorrectly I simply changed the router s settings and then typed in the WEP code on the computer when it found the network again Possibly useful interesting points On the second Windows XP partition the problem actually seems to be WORSE On my primary XP partition I can sometimes go for extended periods of time a few days sometimes without any disconnection problems With the secondary fresh Windows XP partition I have started up the computer left it running not actually doing anything and the internet connection will without fail get lost and the usual quot acquiring network address quot followed by quot limited or no connectivity quot alerts will pop up Also it should be noted that the primary XP partition is easier to stabilise It can often be temporarily resolved by a reset or a system restore When changing from WPA to WEP I lost connection on both the desktop and t... Read more

Relevancy 120.28%

I'm trying to fix my girlfriend's Windows laptop after she had a virus malware infection I'm pretty sure we've successfully cleared the virus an updated full scan with Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware in safe mode comes up clean However we have had no Internet access since the infection The wireless router connection itself is fine I connect to it daily with my laptop as I am to write this post but her laptop won't connect to it we can't browse any web pages I may have made the problem worse in trying to resolve it I stupidly followed the advice on a forum for some registry edits for Windows XP--deleting WinSock and WinSock from the registry and then restarting the computer in hopes they'd re-register themselves Unfortunately WinSock re-appeared but WinSock did not I'm wondering if this has created a new "Limited removal, access" after edit. connectivity WiFi virus registry problem or compounded the problems we were already having In diagnostics we currently get the following report quot Wireless Network Connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration quot I just ran an ipconfig in the command prompt and got the following results Windows IP Configuration Host Name Elizabeth-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R WiMAX Physical Address - D-E - - E-FC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Advanced-N AGN Physical Address - - "Limited access" WiFi connectivity after virus removal, registry edit. - -CF- C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cb bef b d e Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -BF- B-D -B -AC- F- -B -B DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix myhome westell com Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address B -AC- F- -B -BD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C FEF B-B - CB- A- EAB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes She no longer has can't find her original Windows install disc So with that in mind any ideas for troubleshooting resolving this We'd both really appreciate it

A:"Limited access" WiFi connectivity after virus removal, registry edit.

Anybody? Is this kinda "you screwed yourself, you're on your own buddy" territory?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/184974-limited-access-wifi-connectivity-after-virus-removal-registry-edit.html
Relevancy 120.28%

I have a Hp Pavilion dv us and Windows vista connectivity" good signal, but My wireless shows "limited network has I used to connect to internet using a neighbor network always had good signal but now I can t connect to internet because the network shows limited connectivity and still has a strengh signal The public network that Im connected has an IPv and IPv limited connection Please help me I tried to solve the problem with windows vista help Im a young Dr and I have to use internet to search clinical cases and download articles I will send to you that I ll hope the help you to solve my problem Explain me how to get connected again Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users jose an gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name ton Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled My wireless network shows "limited connectivity" but has good signal, No DNS Suffix Search List cantv net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix cantv net Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - D- - -BF- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b cb d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday May PM Lease Expires Sunday May AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address - A- -ED- -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c a e d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BD DB -D B- - EBF- E br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap DF F -CAE - F- EE- A B br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap DF F -CAE - F- EE- A B br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap cantv net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e cc c f b fa Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe cc c f b fa Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap cantv net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap DF F -CAE - F- EE- A B br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap DF F -CAE - F- EE- A B br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific D... Read more

A:My wireless network shows "limited connectivity" but has good signal,

It looks like you have a possibly good ethernet connection through a broadband modem. Are you having trouble with this connection?

We cannot help with your attempts to connect to a neighbor's network because you are violating the law and/or the neighbor is violating the terms of service of his ISP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-wireless-network-shows-limited-connectivity-but-has-good-signal.715120/
Relevancy 119.97%

Hi all I m hoping someone address or network, no connectivity" ip conflict to home "limited can help "limited or no connectivity" to home network, ip address conflict me with some problems I m having setting up the network in our new house I ve read some other "limited or no connectivity" to home network, ip address conflict threads on similar topics but haven t found the right solution Yet We have a Netgear GS Ethernet router - "limited or no connectivity" to home network, ip address conflict not wireless We also have an Arris modem They are set up in our office and has cables running to the office computer an quot emachines quot with Windows XP as well as one to two different bedrooms The cables to the bedrooms run from the router into a plug in the office wall then resurface out of a plug in each bedroom The office computer works fine However when I plug my laptop Dell Latitude D into one of the bedroom lines it tells me quot Acquiring network address quot and then quot Limited or no connectivity quot I believe it can detect the network on some level because it says quot a network cable is unplugged quot when I unplug it However it won t connect Meanwhile my housemate has a Mac When he plugs it in in the bedroom he gets the same message that I do Yet when he brings the Mac into the office and plugs the cable that goes from the router to the wall straight into his computer it works This does not work for my computer However when he does this it throws the office computer offline even though it is still plugged in and gives an error message about conflicting IP addresses When he unplugs it the office computer comes back online It seems like there are multiple problems here but I don t even know where to start The computer told me to contact my network provider for help but they TimeWarner won t help us because we are not using their router they only offer wireless routers Any suggestions I don t even know who to ask Thank you very much Sadie nbsp

A:"limited or no connectivity" to home network, ip address conflict

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-or-no-connectivity-to-home-network-ip-address-conflict.929618/
Relevancy 119.97%

The network card on my new Gigabyte motherboard cannot establish a network connection I know that the network and network cable work because they were plugged on "Limited network new or no motherboard card built-in connectivity" into a different computer directly before booting up my new system Plugged into either my Linksys WRT G router or directly to my cable modem no network connection can be made To trouble shoot this I tried to update the drivers by downloading it from the Gigabyte website and installing Still the network card could not make a network connection Without installing the drivers from the CD or from a download Windows does not recognize the built-in network card Next I tried updating the BIOS After updating the BIOS to the most recent version I uninstalled the "Limited or no connectivity" on new motherboard built-in network card network card and re-installed it but it still would not work Within the BIOS Gigabyte has a utility to test network "Limited or no connectivity" on new motherboard built-in network card connectivity When I use this LAN testing panel the cable connection checks out but it is unusual because it immediately recycles and tests it again with the message indicating the cable is less than m lasting barely long enough to read it Within Windows XP I even tried using static IP addresses and networks settings in case it was a DHCP problem but that did not make the connection work I also tried re-installing the OS and running on a bootable Ubuntu CD but neither of these attempts could establish a functional network connection The card itself does not come up with an error under the system device manager but even when it is directly connected to my cable modem which is online and works when connected to other computers I get the error that the network connection has quot limited or no connectivity quot What else can I do to troubleshoot this Is it possible that I got a motherboard with a bad built-in network card How could I test for this Thanks nbsp

A:"Limited or no connectivity" on new motherboard built-in network card

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-or-no-connectivity-on-new-motherboard-built-in-network-card.597273/
Relevancy 119.66%

I recently started sharing the internet with my neighbor. She owns the router and everything I just pay her for the usage. We share a wall. The signal is 100%.

Initially my desktop can connect but not the laptop. Now both computer loses connection. The error message is "limited or no connectivity". Does that mean I must ask her to assign me an IP address? How come I could get on initially then?

Also, she has a Mac and I m on PC. Could that be a problem as well?

Any thoughts? Thanks.

A:"limited or no connectivity" problem from neighbor's network

Which operating systems are being used shouldn't be a problem. I would try going into your network connections and deleting the network and reconnecting and see if that helps first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-or-no-connectivity-problem-from-neighbors-network.899325/
Relevancy 119.66%

i am having troubles with my connection since yesterday... the only thing different that i did was update zonealarm... i run a linksys wireless router and my other pc's are connected wireless and wired but mine won't, i tried scanning for virus,trojans,spyware... i looked for problem with registry keys even unistall and install zonealarm changed cables unistall and install my lan card drivers.. even dl and use a free software that promess to fix my kind of problem "Ispfix"... i also tried unistalling the Winsock and Winsock 2 and reinstalling again and nothing, of course i restore router defaults,restart modem,tried to renew ip adress from cdm

A:help i can't acces my network "limited or not connectivity" msg appears instead

Try a static address in your network. Then try pinging your way out. Start with the 127.0.0.1 address then the computer address you assigned and then the gateway. Make sure it is an address that is in your network. If this dosn't work try reinstalling your tcp/ip stack. Especially if you can't ping the 127.0.0.1 address

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-i-cant-acces-my-network-limited-or-not-connectivity-msg-appears-instead.51421/
Relevancy 119.66%

Hi there I went to check my email Thursday with my desktop and my internet had stopped working I got the quot Limited or no Connectivity quot message I called my ISP Friday and they said that everything was good on there end and it was a problem with my computer I plugged in my laptop and it connects fine At first I thought it was a spyware issue or virus and after hours of googling and virus scans I eventually just bit the bullet reformatted my hd and did a clean network re-format new card after no "Limited and connectivity" or even install of Windows XP Home w SP After everything was up and running again I STILL got the quot Limited or no connectivity quot message SO I went and got a new network card and installed it and still nothing Still get the Limited or no connectivity message I did the ipconfig release amp renew but I get the quot could not contact DHCP server quot Here is my ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name randys Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Linksys LNE TX Fast Ethernet Adapt Physical Address - c- - d-b - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway So my guess is I m screwed Maybe a bad motherboard or something Anyone have any idears Thanks in advance for any suggestions nbsp

A:"Limited or no connectivity" even after re-format and new network card

are you using a router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-or-no-connectivity-even-after-re-format-and-new-network-card.730269/
Relevancy 119.35%

Hi there everyone Win XP SP Connecting to a wired connection My mom and dad came to stay with us for a while and we connected their computer to the network with wired and "limited connection. wired XP: connectivity" or on no wireless connections already present It shows quot XP: "limited or no connectivity" on wired connection. limited or no connectivity quot Here s what I XP: "limited or no connectivity" on wired connection. ve tried to fix boot into Debian live cd to ensure physical connection wasn t to blame Connection worked just fine boot into Safe Mode w Networking Connection was not present ipconfig RENEW generates error quot An error occurred while renewing interface Wireless Network Connection unable to contact your DHCP server Request has timed out quot netsh winsock reset catalog netsh int ip reset reset log delete interface card in device manager and reboot msconfig and shut down all processes but the bare minimum checked services msc COM Event System Running Computer Browser Set to manual Started and it stopped stating that sometimes processes will stop if there s nothing to do DHCP Client Running DNS Client Running Network Connections Running Network Location Awareness Running Remote Procedure Call RPC Running Server Running TCP IP NetBIOS Helper Running Workstation Set specific IP and DNS under tcp ip properties for IP for gateway amp for DNS Reverted when no change Disabled Windows Firewall and AVG I m completely stumped guys I would really appreciate some help on getting this up and running for them Here s the output of ipconfig ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name DH KDF Primary DNS Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No Wing Proxy Enabled Now Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R v- Network Connection Physical Address - D- - D-F - A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Click to expand Thanks for your time nbsp

Relevancy 119.04%

Hello everyone how are you!

I have a question, actually I'm development a application for sharing internet connection. I'm using "Wireless Hosted Network and Internet Connection Sharing" that it's in https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd815252%28v=vs.85%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

I want change default IP Address range and I have read that these settings it's in next address:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters.

My question is, How I can restart or update the "Internet Connection Shraring" or "Wireless Hosted Network" after I change the IP Address range for that assign IP Address different to default.

Thank you!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9cad8769-ac99-4437-8b52-752a0cf85da9/restart-or-update-the-quotinternet-connection-shraringquot-or-quotwireless-hosted?forum=netmon
Relevancy 118.42%

Hello I have an Asus Netbook P running Windows SP get - Network wifi get a also "connected" I connecting to - Access" "Unidentified caf Internet Although I When No at with Internet Explorer I am often but not always experiencing the When connecting to wifi at a caf - Although I get "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" following issue When I attempt to connect to Wifi at a caf the quot Wireless Network Connection quot for the Network shows quot Connected quot yet there When connecting to wifi at a caf - Although I get "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" is no Internet access Placing the nbsp pointer over the Connection icon in the Notification Area displays quot Unidentified Network No Internet Access quot The network in question always has an SSID shown in the Wireless Network Connection list This issue occurs whether I am running only the Windows firewall or am only running the firewall that I prefer which is Comodo For antivirus I have Avast Pro with its quot web shield quot currently disabled and so far as this issue is concerned it makes no difference whether this Avast component is enabled or disabled or whether I disable all Avast Shields When this issue occurs there are often other customers in the caf nbsp connected to the caf wifi and also using the Internet I have to ask the caf to reset or turn off and then turn back on their router nbsp yet other customers do not have to do this to get Internet connection This is the issue at whatever caf to whose Wifi I attempt to connect Please help with a solution to this issue Regards Robert

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0d18050f-7c31-4f0f-92d1-8039e0225061/when-connecting-to-wifi-at-a-caf-although-i-get-quotconnectedquot-i-also-get-?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 118.42%

Hello I have an Asus Netbook P running Windows SP with Internet Explorer I am often but not always experiencing the following issue When I attempt to connect to Wifi at a caf the quot Wireless Network Connection quot for the Network shows quot Connected quot yet there is no caf a Network although also - get No I When "connected" - Access" connecting at Internet "Unidentified to wifi Internet access Placing the nbsp pointer over the Connection icon in When connecting to wifi at a caf - although "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" the Notification Area displays quot Unidentified Network No Internet Access quot The network in question always has an SSID shown in the Wireless Network Connection list This issue occurs whether I am running only the Windows firewall or am only running the firewall that I prefer which is Comodo For antivirus I have Avast Pro with its quot web shield quot currently disabled and so far as this issue When connecting to wifi at a caf - although "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" is concerned it makes no difference whether this Avast component is enabled or disabled or When connecting to wifi at a caf - although "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" whether I disable all Avast Shields When this issue occurs there are often other customers in the caf nbsp connected to the caf wifi and also using the Internet I have to ask the caf to reset or turn off and then turn back on their router nbsp yet other customers do not have to do this to get Internet connection This is the issue at whatever caf to whose Wifi I attempt to connect Please help with a solution to this issue Regards Robert

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0d18050f-7c31-4f0f-92d1-8039e0225061/when-connecting-to-wifi-at-a-caf-although-quotconnectedquot-i-also-get-quotunidentified?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 117.8%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 116.87%

I am using Windows 7 on my laptop and I have question about when to use "Home", "Work" and "Public" profile.

If I am logging in without setting password, and I am logging in network with "Public" profile, then will any other user, who can see my computer, be able to enter my computer and check the contents on my computer ?

I am connecting to a network and there are 6 other users connected to this network. In the set network location window, if I select the netwoek as "Home", does it mean that other 6 users will not be able to see my computer on network and if I use "Public", then all other six users will be able to see my computer on network ?

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/when-to-use-home-work-or-public-profile-while-connecting-to-network-478413.html
Relevancy 116.56%

Hi,
I am hoping you can help me with my problem.
My main laptop (Sony Vaio VPCCB15FG) in the last week just stopped accessing the internet via WiFi.
It says it has Limited Acess but I have no idea how to fix it.

The other 3 computers in the house (Custom desktop, Toshiba Net book, Samsung Laptop) can all access the internet as normal.

It is only the Sony that is being problomatic.
It is also running rather slow for the spec so that may be related.

Please help! I am not super computer savy so please give simple instructions.

Cheers

GTNeil

A:Sony Vaio Laptop "stopped" connecting to WiFi connection " Limited acc

Hi,

My name is Riyaz and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell.

I May be able to provide you with a Resolution. Please post the Specifications of this computer. Mainly the Wireless Card and the Type of Operating System your using.

Regards
Riyaz

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/236639-sony-vaio-laptop-stopped-connecting-wifi-connection-limited-acc.html
Relevancy 116.56%

The control panel opens fine. I can access all items in the control panel
except "Network and sharing center" and the "User accounts" (I can't access this sections via the taskbar either).

What happens when I open one of the two items is I get a popup saying the
following; WINDOWS EXPLORER HAS STOPPED WORKING.

I used to be able to access these items. And one day, I just coulodn't anymore...

Anyone knows how to solve this? Thanks.

I'm using Vista Ultimate x64

A:Can't access "Network and Sharing Center" nor "User Accounts"

Hello Newbie,

See if running a sfc /scannow can find and fix bad system files that may be responsible for this.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/187690-cant-access-network-sharing-center-nor-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 116.56%

Srry i know this post is a bit old but i recently just got this problem i can access the internet fine but i cant access my network settings, user settings, or see the the properties of my pc. i tried running your solution Brink but the scannow showed

"Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow
Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.
C:\Windows\system32>"

i then ran sfc /verifyonly but got the same answer.

i then ran findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt. and the txt file came up blank.

idk wat to do rite now i am at my witts end.

A:Can't access "Network and Sharing Center" nor "User Accounts"

Hello Jayrrus, and welcome to Vista Forums.

I would recommend that you use Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper to scan your system with at boot to help make sure that your system is malware free first.

Afterwards, you might see if you may be able to do a system restore at boot using a restore point dated before you had these issues to see if that may be able to fix them.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/292657-cant-access-network-sharing-center-nor-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 116.56%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 115.32%

Dear experts I got a tough one for you My friend has a brand new Dell Latitude laptop with Win on it It s his business laptop so it but connection when connecting Wireless Access" available appears "Limited s quite secure i e he needs a password just to Wireless connection appears available but when connecting "Limited Access" unlock the hard drive At the current job site we have a Cisco Linksys wireless router that looks like this http www psnation com review-ciscolinksys-wes n-dual-band-n-entertainment-bridge His issue is this the wireless connection signal appears strong there are no indications that there would be anything wrong However as soon as he wants to go to Wireless connection appears available but when connecting "Limited Access" BBC sports or somesuch website the yellow exclamation mark symbol appears in the lower right of the screen and the browser fails to connect Also the text quot Limited Access quot appears in the wireless connection list I also have Win and can connect to the internet at the office just fine My laptop is from I checked the connection properties he does have an IP allocated automatically without issue and there are no problems with the Wifi adaptor no driver issues nothing wrong in Device Manager He can use the wireless connection at the hotel just fine but the one at work as soon as he tries to connect to any website even google he gets the quot Limited access quot message Any thoughts My own POV is that either his IT guy secured the h out of his laptop or the router from is too old to work with his brand new laptop This is a pretty weird issue so thanks much for any input Cheers nbsp

A:Wireless connection appears available but when connecting "Limited Access"

It could be that the IT department at your work is restricting which computers can access the Internet through the router. MAC filtering on the router is one way of doing it, but not foolproof.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-appears-available-but-when-connecting-limited-access.1128578/
Relevancy 115.32%

Running XP on 2 computers. Have them connected by a router. I set the router IP to 192.168.3.1 Everything connects great! When I connect to a wireless network, it all connects, but doesn't work ("connection timed out" or "Page not found" errors. The wire connection shows an IP of 192.168.2.1. If I disable my Local Area Network, the internet connects perfectly. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY I CAN USE MY LOCAL AREA NETWORK AND THE WIRELESS CONNECTION AT THE SAME TIME! Frustrating to the max! Any network specialists out there who can tell me how to fix this? Thanks!!!

A:Conflict between "Wireless Network Connection" & "Local Area Connection"

berkeleygh said:

Running XP on 2 computers. Have them connected by a router. I set the router IP to 192.168.3.1 Everything connects great! When I connect to a wireless network, it all connects, but doesn't work ("connection timed out" or "Page not found" errors. The wire connection shows an IP of 192.168.2.1.Click to expand...

You should know that x.x.2.1 is incorrect. For the router address shown, all devices that connect to it *must* be 192.168.3.x where x > 1 and < 255.

I would suspect that you have some static configuration data in the devices.

You want your router to offer DHCP in the range 2->32 (that's more than enough) and
you want all systems to use DHCP for the IP address and DNS settings.

Remove anything in the Alternative Configurations

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/conflict-between-wireless-network-connection-local-area-connection.154215/
Relevancy 115.32%

I am using WA A also the SSID and Using the bridge Connection every time enter username amp password Showing quot Limited access quot when connecting this is my ipconfig all - C Users Legndery gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Legndery-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No PPP adapter Broadband Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix when Connection 7 Access" showing "Limited Solved: connecting Windows with Bridge Description Broadband Connection Physical Address DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS Solved: Windows 7 showing "Limited Access" when connecting with Bridge Connection over Tcpip Disabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom g Network Adapter Physical Address - C-E -E -D -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e c c a Preferred Solved: Windows 7 showing "Limited Access" when connecting with Bridge Connection Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C- - - - A-B - - - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Fast Ethernet Physical Address - A-B - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B BCEB -C A- E -AAF - F ACE F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B AE E - ABF- BB -AA -DFAE CAD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable Microsoft To Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address c e e c e e Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap A -B A - -AC -AB C F C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Need Help solving this nbsp

A:Solved: Windows 7 showing "Limited Access" when connecting with Bridge Connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-showing-limited-access-when-connecting-with-bridge-connection.1051259/
Relevancy 115.01%

Hi so currently i have a problem every time i click on a launcher this message appears quot The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Planetside lnk' refers to is unavailable Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network the "the that network "lnk" or cut unavail".... short connection drive resource is available and then try again quot "the drive or network connection that the short cut "lnk" unavail".... please refer to the attachment to see the message for yourself Additional information the harddrive TB that i am using for the computer has been split into two drives The quot C quot drives usually contain necessary programs for a standard computer and the quot D quot drives has all my "the drive or network connection that the short cut "lnk" unavail".... games planetside is one of them work music and so on After seeing that message above appear for the first time today i also "the drive or network connection that the short cut "lnk" unavail".... realised that my quot D quot has also disappear completelt vanished so basically every shortcut that is source from that drive is not working I dont think it is anything to do with the wiring as the quot C quot drive is still there it is part of the same hard drive I have look at other post saying reinstall the program bla bla bla But that isn't my main problem at this moment the major problem is taht i dont have that secondary drive anymore so even if i can reinstall the program where will i put it my major program drive quot C quot is almost full and this drive have other important document in it so i cant really reinstall that S Please help me out its really urgent and just an FYI my knowledge with computer is really limited so it would help if you guys can dumb it down for me thank you for your help

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/392666-drive-network-connection-short-cut-lnk-unavail.html
Relevancy 114.7%

For the past year my connection has not been good It randomly either once a day or multiple times per hour will stop working and the wireless symbol shows a yellow caution sign and it says I have limited access After running Access" drops connection "Limited Wireless with the trouble shoot problem Never ever fixes it it always tells me it's an issue with the modem however many times I am shut out yet my Father and Sister are able to search the web my Wireless connection drops with "Limited Access" Mother has the same problem as I and out internet drops out at the same time The trouble shooting also says quot Default gateway is not available quot and quot quot Wireless Network Connection quot doesn't have valid IP configuration quot All drivers are up to date including the wireless adapter The only way to fix the problem is to unplug the power to the router and then plug it back in I am in range of the router to where I always get bars and sometimes bars so that's not an issue - My wireless adapter is an Intel Centrino Wireless-N - Router is a stock router provided from out ISP Frontier If you need the model tell me and I'll find out

A:Wireless connection drops with "Limited Access"

What has your ISP said about your problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/297222-wireless-connection-drops-limited-access.html
Relevancy 114.39%

Hello,
My windows 7 desktop computer is giving me a "Limited Access" notice when i try to connect to my network. My laptop on the other hand can connect to it easily. I've tried several solutions that I found online, but nothing has worked yet.

When I run command prompt ipconfig I get
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Jeffrey>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration
C:\Users\Jeffrey>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Olympus
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

C:\Users\Jeffrey>
Any ideas of what I can try?

Relevancy 114.39%

Prior to this issue I had ESET Smart Security installed after Connects 1 then with "Limited Minute Access" Starts Network and and everything seemed fine After updating to ESET Smart Security it seemed to be that every time I turn on both my desktop and laptop both running Windows Professional x the network would say quot No Connection quot on my desktop via ethernet and quot Limited Access quot on my laptop via WiFi After a minute both computers would then connect I'm Network Starts with "Limited Access" and then Connects after 1 Minute pretty sure this program somehow changed the way my network adapter connects with my networks Here's what I tried doing I tried to uninstall ESET Smart Security using their manual removal tool and tried to delete the remaining registry keys and this problem still persists I tried to boot up my laptop in SafeMode with networking and this problem still persists I tried to reset my TCP IP settings via cmd and through Window's reset utility -- still nothing I tried to do a system restore but it has been over a month after my update -- so that doesn't work either I checked Window's network services and made sure it's on automatic I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong Thanks for all your help

A:Network Starts with "Limited Access" and then Connects after 1 Minute

Welcome to Seven Forums,

Just to verify, there are 2 computers affected in your network - wired and wireless connection?

Have you tried to Power Cycle your devices?

Disabling the Network Adapter's Power Management from Device Manager might also help, please see attached file.

If the above suggestions didn't work and all the computers in your network are affected updating the router's firmware to the latest might also help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/232126-network-starts-limited-access-then-connects-after-1-minute.html
Relevancy 114.39%

I tried to associate the file extension .txt to a new editor program
with the well known cmdline programs ASSOC and FTYPE.

No, assigning them through WinExplorer menu does not work.
But this is another problem which should not discussed here.

When I type now one of the following alternative commands at the CommandPrompt then Win7 returns me something like:

assoc .txt=txtfile

"Access denied"
The following error occurs: .txt"

or

ftype txtfile=D:\notepad++\notepad++.exe "%%1"

"Access denied"
The following error occurs: txtfile"

Why?

The command above work fine under WinXP

Peter

A:"access denied" when using "assoc" and "ftype" from cmdline?

Question:

Did you run cmd.exe with administrative previlliges?
Elevated Command Prompt

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/101442-access-denied-when-using-assoc-ftype-cmdline.html
Relevancy 113.77%

Hello,
I have a Dell Vostro 1720 with Intel WiFi Link 5300 AGN. Yesterday, my wireless network at home stopped working. In Wireless Network Connections, it says "Limited access". I'm not sending or receiving any packets, but my wireless connection is strong. When I troubleshoot the problem, it says that there might be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection adapter. I updated the driver and there are no caution signs in the device manager. I made sure I didn't have an AVG connection under Networking Properties as suggested elsewhere. I even tried manually configuring the IPv4 properties. I'm not sure what else to try at this point. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

A:Wireless Network shows "Limited Access"

Hi deand73 and welcome to W7 Forums

Can you post back showing the results of the following command: ipconfig /all (Do this from an Elevated Command Prompt)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/262273-wireless-network-shows-limited-access.html
Relevancy 113.77%

A few days ago I booted up my HP Pavilion dv - wm laptop Windows update needed to reboot due to my postponing it for a few days so I let network = on Access" "Limited BSOD wireless it reboot and I started getting blue screens After a few restarts getting the BSOD every time I booted into the last known good configuration It booted up fine but now I can no longer connect to my network wired and wireless It sees my wireless connection but states quot Limited Access quot Things I have tried Uninstalled Updated network drivers from HP's site specific to my laptop model Uninstalled all windows updates that were installed before BSOD Flushed registered renewed dns via command prompt Reset Winsock via command BSOD = "Limited Access" on wireless network prompt Tried a quot clean quot boot Ran Windows Check Disk Ran Windows Memory Tester Unsure of exact name On the day of the crash I attempted to do a restore but the earliest restore I could do was at the time of the windows update same time as BSOD One thing I did notice is that the quot Teredo Tunneling Pseudo Interface quot listed under network adapters is no longer there Not sure what that might have to do with anything I ran this tool Who Crashed Crashdump and here is my log Code System Information local -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- computer name DECARO windows version Windows build windows dir C Windows CPU AuthenticAMD AMD Turion II Ultra Dual-Core Mobile M AMD level logical processors active mask RAM total VM free -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Crash Dump Analysis -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Crash dump directory C Windows Minidump Crash dumps are enabled on your computer On Mon PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x Bugcheck code xD x x x xFFFFF E D Error DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time On Mon PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module athrx sys athrx x C C Bugcheck code xD x x x xFFFFF E D Error DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL file path C Windows system drivers athrx sys product Driver for Atheros CB CB MB MB Network Adapter company Atheros Communications Inc description Atheros Extensible Wireless LAN device driver Bug check description This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver athrx sys Atheros Extensible Wireless LAN device driver Atheros Communications Inc Google query athrx sys Atheros Communications Inc DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL On Mon PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x Bugcheck code xD x x x xFFFFF D D Error DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was to... Read more

A:BSOD = "Limited Access" on wireless network

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/221794-bsod-limited-access-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 113.77%

ive / another Yet "unidentified thread....help!! limited access" network been searching here all night and on other forums and have tried just about Yet another "unidentified network / limited access" thread....help!! everything so here goes all was working perfectly fine yesterday i brought my netbook to Yet another "unidentified network / limited access" thread....help!! work as usual to connect to our unsecured wifi network never an issue i started getting quot limited access quot and quot unidentified network quot messages apparently after a brief search of the internet its a common and troublesome thing i tried EVERYTHING i could find on google and other forums about it Hardware Acer Aspire One D netbook Atheros WLAN with up-to-date driver What i have tried with NO success disable re-enable the wireless card update rollback the driver for it confirm the properties for the IPv and IPv were set to auto detect ran winipconfig reset winsock release and renew IP etc all of the command line functions i could find system restore to days ago when i get all of my ip info for the computer it is showing the ip for the wireless adapter is xx xx which from my reading is an erroneous address when connected to the same network via iphone it shows a proper xx xx ip address ive tried everything and cant get it to work i CANT reset the router since i dont have access to it but then again since my iphone connects to it properly so should the computer i will try to connect to my home network shortly when i get home any other ideas short of reinstalling windows and WHY does this happen

A:Yet another "unidentified network / limited access" thread....help!!

Hmm.. can you try inputting the the IPV4 address in the properties of your wireless card manually?

I find that this forcing of manual IP settings often helps alleviate this unidentified network issue that happens occasionally on some networks i connect to..

For example:-

In your IP Version 4 Properties box:-

Set the IP to 192.168.2xx.xx (fill up the xxx with the same numbers as your network, e.g if your gateway is 192.168.220.2, you IP should be 192.168.220.27, 27 being the manual allocation)

Set the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0

and lastly set the default gateway to 192.169.2xx.xx (Fill up the xxx with your network gateway numbers)

If you want you can also set the Preferred DNS server address to that of your gateway

Try the above and see how it goes..

Hope that helps...

EDIT: I forgot to read the part that mentioned you're on a network at work which means you may need to get the Default Gateway and DNS addresses from your IT guy. Also they may not allow manual IP allocations beyond that which have been allocated by the DHCP.. So.. YMMV..

Also, i believe you can also acquire the required numbers from your iPhone's IP address display i think...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/209109-yet-another-unidentified-network-limited-access-thread-help.html
Relevancy 113.77%

My internet connection has recently been labelled "limited access" in the network listing, and internet searches have been excruciatingly slow.  The windows 7 troubleshooting wizard does not work on anything and repeatedly shows an error
code 0x80131018.  I am a computer novice.  What can I do?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fe65def9-b8f8-4eba-af4b-f07075f3c5d1/internet-connection-quotlimited-accessquot?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 113.77%

On my laptop the computer refuses to connect to anything more than "limited connectivity" with the yellow ! icon and will not get the two globes. I have tried resetting the modem, the computer, running the anti-virus and nothing. I am at a loss at what to do and was hoping to people on here could give me some suggestions!

Thanks everyone

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/297783-wifi-connection-will-not-go-further-than-limited-access.html
Relevancy 113.77%

Hey I m having a problem with my internet My house has an Apple Router which is broadcasting two networks a guest network and a main A few weeks ago I started encountering problems with the guest network It would be working fine then suddenly my internet would stop working and I "Limited Connection" Access Internet got a Limited Access message I disconnected from the network and reconnected and it worked fine for about minutes then the same problem occurred So I tried connecting to the main network which worked fine "Limited Access Internet Connection" until today Suddenly I got the limited access message again it works for a while whenever I disconnect and reconnect but stops at around minute intervals Any ideas Oh and I should mention that it s only on my computer My iPod Touch and the other laptops in the house have no problem connecting Thanks in advance By the way I have a bit Gateway laptop running Windows upgraded from Vista last year nbsp

A:"Limited Access Internet Connection"

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver. If it is an integrated (internal) adapter get the driver from Gateway's web site. If you already have the correct driver reinstall it anyhow in case the installed instance is corrupted.

What security applications (security suite, anti-virus, firewall, etc.) do you have?

And run these repairs ...

(From a JohnWill post)

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista or 7.

Start - All Programs - Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-access-internet-connection.1021045/
Relevancy 112.84%

i have tried to overcome the matter mentioned above by restarting Aztech WPA2 modem router for few times, it didn't work as i almost wanna give up. I just bought this modem few days ago and i failed to connect it, though other laptops in my house can connect it.
Anyone can help me to solve this thing out?
Thanks.

A:Problem with network "limited access"

Quote: Originally Posted by wongserreen

i have tried to overcome the matter mentioned above by restarting Aztech WPA2 modem router for few times, it didn't work as i almost wanna give up. I just bought this modem few days ago and i failed to connect it, though other laptops in my house can connect it.
Anyone can help me to solve this thing out?
Thanks.

Any chance we can get your system specs and network setup? My crystal ball is being repaired..

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/192486-problem-network-limited-access.html
Relevancy 112.84%

System Acer Aspire one netbook Win XP home ed SP Synopsis of issue Got this comp from my company for a new line of work I started Was quot deep frozen quot when I got it and was useless to me in that state Got it thawed and it suddenly wanted to do loads of updates so I let it Apparently I was not careful enough amp got the quot XP antivirus quot malware Eventually conquered that beast and installed avira free almost immediately avira picked up on the quot html infected win gen quot malware I quarantined deleted scanned comp w avira rkill amp malwarebytes all scans came up clean but I now have no connectivity wired conn continually tries to acquire network address and w less has limited or no Not my router or modem win.gen2&quot; [SOLVED] issues antivirus &quot;XP and 2012&quot; &quot;infected No Connectivity after as I have home comps actively cnctd as I type this Also tried multiple other networks w same neg results After loads of searching and t s'ing I believe I have found the root of the problem When I look under quot services quot I found that quot netbios helper quot quot Network Location Awareness quot amp quot dhcp client [SOLVED] No Connectivity after &quot;infected win.gen2&quot; and &quot;XP antivirus 2012&quot; issues quot [SOLVED] No Connectivity after &quot;infected win.gen2&quot; and &quot;XP antivirus 2012&quot; issues are all not started Trying to start them results in failure b c some quot dependencies are marked for deletion quot the afore-mentioned things are dependent upon the Netbios over tcpip and tcpip protocol driver Those drivers are in the system drivers folder but I cannot find a quot non plug and play quot section in the device manager Yes I looked under quot hidden devices quot and I looked in every drop down I successfully cmd netsh int ip reset c resetlog txt but when I tried to reset winsock I got winsock is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file I have no reboot disk or thumb drive and bios is p w'ed so I can't wipe the slate clean and start fresh Is there anything I can do short of giving it to the quot IT guy quot at work That's a black hole I'd really like to avoid if possible I hope I have been as clear and concise as possible and I appreciate all the help Happy New Year dds report UNLESS SPECIFICALLY INSTRUCTED DO NOT POST THIS LOG IF REQUESTED ZIP IT UP amp ATTACH IT DDS Ver - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Install Date AM System Uptime PM hours ago Motherboard Acer Aspire one Processor Intel R Atom TM CPU N GHz CPU mhz Disk Partitions C is FIXED NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is Removable Disabled Device Manager Items System Restore Points RP AM - Software Distribution Service RP PM - Software Distribution Service RP PM - Software Distribution Service RP PM - Software Distribution Service RP PM - System Checkpoint Installed Programs Adobe Flash Player ActiveX Adobe Reader Adobe Shockwave Player Avira Free Antivirus Critical Update for Windows Media Player KB Hotfix for Microsoft NET Framework SP KB Hotfix for Microsoft NET Framework SP KB Hotfix for Windows Media Format SDK KB Hotfix for Windows Media Player KB Hotfix for Windows XP KB Hotfix for Windows XP KB Hotfix for Windows XP KB -v Hotfix for Windows XP KB Hotfix for Windows XP KB -v Hotfix for Windows XP KB -v Intel R Graphics Media Accelerator Driver Java TM Update Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version Microsoft NET Framework Microsoft NET Framework Security Update KB Microsoft NET Framework Service Pack Microsoft NET Framework Service Pack Microsoft NET Framework SP Microsoft Base Smart Card Cryptographic Service Provider Package Microsoft Compression Client Pack for Windows XP Microsoft Internationalized Domain Names Mitigation APIs Microsoft Kernel-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack Microsoft National Language Support Downlevel APIs Microsoft User-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack Microsoft Visual C x Re... Read more

A:[SOLVED] No Connectivity after &quot;infected win.gen2&quot; and &quot;XP antivirus 2012&quot; issues

Hello Gunnersfan13,

I do see the problem and I'll have to ask you to please stop any more action on your part to resolve this yourself or you'll make my job that much more difficult. :)

You are still very much infected with ZAccess. I need to see the dds.txt. (You posted, and attached, only the Attach.txt produced by dds.scr)

Run dds.scr again, and post the contents of the dds.txt.

==============================

Next, open Notepad and copy/paste the contents inside the quote box below, into Notepad.

Quote:

regedit /a afdexport.txt "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\currentcontrolset\Services\AFD"
notepad afdexport.txt

Save this as afdexport.bat Choose to "Save type as - All Files"

Double click on the .bat file & allow it to run. Then post the log which it produces

===============================

Also, download SystemLook from one of the links below and transfer it to your desktop.

Download Mirror #1
Download Mirror #2Double-click SystemLook.exe to run it.
Copy the content of the following codebox into the main textfield:

Code:
:filefind
afd.sys

Click the Look button to start the scan.
When finished, a notepad window will open with the results of the scan. Please post this log in your next reply.
Note: The log can also be found at on your Desktop entitled SystemLook.txt

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/solved-no-connectivity-after-and-quot-infected-win-gen2-and-quot-and-and-quot-xp-antivirus-2012-and-quot-issues-621728.html
Relevancy 112.22%

I am going 'round & 'round with this issue. I log on as limited user account for security. However, when I am on that acct, I cannot copy files to the external HP drive - I have to switch over to the admin user account to do so. In order to use the limited account for this operation, I have read that you should disable simple file sharing, (on admin acct), then rt clik on the file u want to copy - this then opens a menu with security tab where you are supposed to be able to give full control to the limited acct for that file. My admin acct that brings up this menu has those boxes to check grayed out. Also, do you have to rt click and give full permission for any file that you want to copy? (once you have this all figured out) - Seems a bit cumbersome. Any ideas anyone?? Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-hp-pocket-media-drive-as-limited-user-not-admin.912069/
Relevancy 111.29%

My office just upgraded and I can no longer use Windows XP On this system I was able to add a separate taskbar to facilitate quick access to commonly-browsed folder locations on our vast network and another one expedited the launching of useful programs and lists Each task on each taskbar was represented with a big custom icon to save eye strain I had them installed in opposite vertical margins and they "Launchpads", to "Toolbars" for "Docks" (MSese "TASKBARS" NOT add Need were set on auto-hide to keep them out of the way when not being used Just move your mouse pointer to the left or right margin and BAM Sorry for the cliche but I really got used to the convenience of what I had set up and I just don't think I Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars" can be as efficient without anything comparable Now there appears to be nothing comparable in the Windows GUI and it's making me sick with rage I see only the option to put a quot toolbar quot on an existing quot taskbar quot and no option to create any additional taskbars This cramps up your one-and-only taskbar plus the tiny toolbar access buttons require way too much precision for anything that's supposed to be quick When you've figured out how to bring up that ridiculous button the list that it yields is small enough to cause painful eyestrain - nothing efficient much less cool about this at all I have seen customization options in other OS GUIs that may have resolved some of these issues but I see none such in W I have tried every google search string that I can think of and found no answer that deals with anything other than adding that stupid toolbar to the only taskbar that Microsoft will allow you in W So If I'm wrong and have missed some options how do I access them Otherwise I'm hoping there are developers who know what I am talking about and have software to enable the creation of separate taskbars launchpads Can anybody help with either

A:Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars"

Several possibilities here: Second taskbar in windows7? [Solved] - Windows 7 - Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306313-need-add-taskbars-msese-launchpads-docks-not-toolbars.html
Relevancy 110.98%

Hi,

When our website users click on an html attachment embedded on a web-page in IE9, the download manager will not display the "Open" option. It will only display "Save" and "Cancel" which our users don't like, having to save the
html document in a folder to open it. Whereas, when downloading attachments like pdf, word etc. all three options are displayed. 

Is there any setting to tweak , which will display all the 3 options for HTML attachments as well?

A:IE9 download manager will not display "Open" option (only "Save" and "Cancel" is displayed) for downloading HTML documents.

Hi,
As you know, the Open-Save-Cancel dialog box helps you prevent your computer from affecting by virus while downloading. 
So I suggest you test to reset all zones to a lower level temporarily and then please attempt to download this html attachment again.

However, since you can normally download the other documents, I suspect there is some restriction in the website which you are trying to view. I recommend you to contact the administrator of that website if possible.
could you please send me the link of the website from where you are trying to download the html attachment?
Thanks!

We
are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this
interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3094ac49-8d49-4a60-a7cf-fb12c823e500/ie9-download-manager-will-not-display-quotopenquot-option-only-quotsavequot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 110.36%

I am infected with this crap and have used the following tools to try to get rid of it Windows Defender Unible PowerSuite SpeedUpMyPC Registry Booster amp Spyware Protector and Norton's - "Error Worm-Popups-The Icons Netsky Cleaner" Protector" "Spyware..." Three "Privacy One Button Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." Checkup and WinDoctor Not sure if it's related but my DISPLAY is locked at X Atempted the Step Process before posting and Panda ActiveScan froze and crashed after scanning files but not before identifying spyware files Here's my extra txt log from Deckard's Deckard's System Scanner v Extra logfile - please post Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." this as an attachment with your post -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Information ---------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition build SP Architecture X Language English CPU Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Percentage of Memory in Use Physical Memory total avail MiB MiB Pagefile Memory total avail MiB MiB Virtual Memory total avail MiB MiB A is Removable No Media C is Fixed NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM CDFS PHYSICALDRIVE - ST A - GiB - partition PARTITION - Unknown - MiB PARTITION bootable - Installable File System - GiB - C -- Security Center ------------------------------------------------------------- AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install Windows Internal Firewall is disabled AntiVirusDisableNotify is set FirewallDisableNotify is set FW Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation AV Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE Enabled LEXPPS EXE quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe Enabled LimeWire quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe Enabled Yahoo Messenger quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe Enabled Yahoo FT Server quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe Enabled Windows Messenger quot quot C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohCli... Read more

A:Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..."

Bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/netsky-worm-popups-the-three-icons-error-cleaner-privacy-protector-spyware-207223.html
Relevancy 109.74%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has report viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" Whole Solved: (PLEASE computer .. event have anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc FF HWPLLB CN S Antivirus McAfee VirusScan Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disable nbsp

A:Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please.981934/
Relevancy 109.74%

I double-click and get "search" instead of "open"--only when I click a disk, like Hard Drive C: or Floppy A: or CD F: and so on.

It didn't used to do this, so I must've inadvertently changed some setting somewhere, but darned if I can find it now.

Any ideas?

A:Solved: On the "my computer" list, I double-click on disks and get "search" instead of "open"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-on-the-my-computer-list-i-double-click-on-disks-and-get-search-instead-of-open.407035/
Relevancy 109.12%

Well my laptop recently decided to blue screen every time I started up a game(any game).
So instead of attempting to fix it, i just said F it and went and got my XP pro cd and installed it. Now the problem that I'm have is the "limited or no connectivity" issue even while i have it it physically connected to either the modem or through the router, and on both ethernet and USB.

I don't know if its missing network drivers (have 1394 Net adapter and Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN) or any of those fun bits.
The router is a Linksys WRT54GS with the latest firmware(on a side note, it wont eve let me go to 192.168.1.1 to config)

REALLY hoping someone can help me out here.
Thanks in advance for even trying.

A:Solved: HP dv6000 laptop with "limited or no connectivity" issue after inst

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hp-dv6000-laptop-with-limited-or-no-connectivity-issue-after-inst.746417/
Relevancy 109.12%

Hello Guys and Girls,

My wireless internet connections are currently set to a manually configured status, but this means I am having problems connecting to other wireless connections with free (ie unsecured) connections. I have tried going to properties and ticking the "Let Windows configure my wireless network settings", but I get a dialogue box coming up telling me that not all of my changes have been made.

Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

Sukita

A:Solved: Changing wireless connection status from "Manually Configured" back to "Automatic"

Why don't we start with the make/model of the wireless router in use, as well as the wireless adapter or laptop brand. Also, what version and patch level of Windows do you use?

If you have XP-SP2, you can set the machine back to installation defaults using the following procedure.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

For these commands, Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-changing-wireless-connection-status-from-manually-configured-back-to-automatic.493463/
Relevancy 108.81%

I reformatted my laptop today, and because of that I lost the password for the wifi connection here. Someone threw out the booklet that had the password written down, so I reset the wireless router and created a new password. However, now my laptop can't connect to the network. Actually, apparently it can connect, but I'm getting one of those "limited or no connectivity" messages.
There was no mistake in entering the WEP key on my laptop, because I tried making the connection open... and I know it's not my laptop either, because I was able to connect to my neighbour's network without any trouble.
Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm using Intel PROSet Wireless on a Dell Inspiron 6400, and the router is a D-Link DI-524. Thanks in advance!

A:Solved: "Limited or no connectivity" after resetting the wireless router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-limited-or-no-connectivity-after-resetting-the-wireless-router.903101/
Relevancy 108.81%

I am currently at a guest house and I will be here for some weeks There is a free wireless network but whenever I try to connect I get this error message quot This computer "This Error E_guest_house" to computer message: limited connectivity currently has currently has limited connectivity to E guest house quot As I was checking the solutions on the net I found someone with the same problem as mine and was instructed to go to command prompt and post the output on the forum I have already copied the information from the command prompt of my laptop and below is the information Would any one help me please Thanks in advance Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name User-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Mobile Broadband adapter Mobile Broadband Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description HUAWEI Mobile Connect - G Network Card Physical Address - E- - F-AB-DD DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Error message: "This computer currently has limited connectivity to E_guest_house" Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address C -CB- - -A -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Error message: "This computer currently has limited connectivity to E_guest_house" Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address Error message: "This computer currently has limited connectivity to E_guest_house" C -CB- -AF- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom Virtual Wireless Adapter Physical Address C -CB- - -A -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description DW Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card Physical Address C -CB- - -A -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a dfaf e c a Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - -F - D-A -AA-AE- DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B F D F- - C - B- C AF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DD D - E - EA - E-A E CC BFE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C - F - -BA B-F D F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt nbsp

A:Error message: "This computer currently has limited connectivity to E_guest_house"

check with the guest house if there is any issues with the network at all
the ipconfig /all looks OK - standard error for a DHCP issue

I would make sure others can join - first
then we can look at what maybe blocking you access and do a tcp/ip reset - look at firewalls security suites trial versions etc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-this-computer-currently-has-limited-connectivity-to-e_guest_house.1059669/
Relevancy 108.81%

Normally my connnection is just fine.....the only thing I did different lately is download iTunes (which I uninstalled before, thinking "that" was causing the problem).

I've tried all the help subjects to see if anything there would work, checked with verion online....did diagostics.

I have an Actiontec M1424-WR Rev. E wireless modem and run Windows Vista, 64 bit and IE 8.0

Any ideas? it is so incredibly slow and if I get a web page and not "Internet explorer can't display that page", it takes resending/re-requesting several times!

Relevancy 108.81%

A few days ago my wife s computer started giving us a quot limited or no connectivity quot message with regard to our wireless connection Interestingly we could access another wireless connection not our own that appeared in the list of available networks though of course the signal problem no of Solved: solving connectivity" "limited or Aftereffects was weak But the connection at least did work so we knew the wireless capability still existed After waiting in vain for the problem to fix itself I did some research on Google and found that according to many people a sure-fire way to fix this problem was to uninstall Windows XP Service Pack Sure enough our connection was restored This was about an hour ago Unfortunately though the connection is restored it s intermittent It keeps going out Solved: Aftereffects of solving "limited or no connectivity" problem and we have to keep reconnecting every five to ten minutes This even though most of the time it says quot signal strength excellent quot So while I ve restored her wireless connection I can t help thinking that my so-called solution may in some way have contributed to this annoying problem of intermittent connection I can t really imagine anyone has reported such a problem before but I figured I d ask anyway Can anyone suggest where we might go from here I considered resetting the router but I ve read so many horror stories about that that I figured I wouldn t One small thing that I m not sure matters before I did any of this the icon telling us we had a wireless connection was in the form of a tiny computer monitor Now the icon is two tiny monitors one slightly down and to the left of the one behind it Many thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Aftereffects of solving "limited or no connectivity" problem

I am having the exact same problem. How were you able to resolve it please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-aftereffects-of-solving-limited-or-no-connectivity-problem.377438/
Relevancy 108.81%

Hello Thank You in advance for any advice you may have as I am very frustrated by this problem recently I cannot connect via wireless to the internet as the connection says quot local only-limited connectivity quot and it is constantly quot identifying quot I have tried every solution I can find on the net for people with similar problems but none are working I know the network is fine b c other people s laptops in the house where I live are perfectly connected and the problem lies within my computer So here s a basic rundown of what I have done and I will include quot ipconfig all quot posts from various stages of my attempted repair I finally had to give up last night when I came to the point where I was troubleshooting my own attempted troubleshooting I started by turning off IPv unchecking the box and just running IPv which had no effect Then I un-installed both drivers all Vista HELP!!! Connectivity/Identifying"- "Limited common solutions tried Have for the networking card s not sure why I have or think they have different functions but did this and reinstalled the drivers for both Dell Wireless WLAN and Broadcom x Integrated Controller After I did this and it still didn t work this is the ipconfig all given Windows IP Configuration Host Name Baxter Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No System Quarantine State Not Restricted Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Vista "Limited Connectivity/Identifying"- Have tried all common solutions HELP!!! Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - - - C- E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe fb d a Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom x Integrated Controlle r Physical Address - D- -C -BC-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A- B - C - EE-D B AA br D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D DB-AD - - BAE-BF ACCCCC br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Vista "Limited Connectivity/Identifying"- Have tried all common solutions HELP!!! Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap FF EF-E - E E-A - BC D B br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Then I messed around with the DHCP and DNS client a lot of my services got messed up as a result of quot Windows Vista Recovery Virus quot which I got about months ago but I restored everything on the PC and defeated the virus However some of the services login information has been changed from say quot Network Service quot to quot Local Service quot or vice versa But both services and processes are definitely running and my understanding is this login change should not affect anything as long as all services within a process have the same login Correct The only service I still have an error message on is Windows Firewall error but it was previously working with this Beyond this I tried changing the settings within this connection to manually enter my DNS Haven t tried to manually enter both as I couldn t find the IP on a roommate s laptop b c everything was in German She s German But this also had no affect and changed nothing with i... Read more

A:Vista "Limited Connectivity/Identifying"- Have tried all common solutions HELP!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-limited-connectivity-identifying-have-tried-all-common-solutions-help.1051374/
Relevancy 108.81%

ok let me start by saying I am NOT a technical person at all I bought a Toshiba laptop recently and connectivity pages and windows issues (internet are"limited" 8 load connections won't connected windows 8 connectivity issues (internet connections are"limited" and pages won't load to a public wifi as I don t have home internet yet this is not the laptop I am using right now it is a friend s home computer No matter what network I am trying to connect to now I get quot limited quot under the wifi windows 8 connectivity issues (internet connections are"limited" and pages won't load screen whether I have a security key or whether I am trying to use an open hotspot like at a fast food joint or something the only reason I know to post this windows 8 connectivity issues (internet connections are"limited" and pages won't load ipconfig all thing is from another forum question on this site here s what I got when I did that Windows IP Configuration Host Name mypc Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address C -D - - - D- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address - C-FA- - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN n PCI-E NIC Physical Address C -D - - - D- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ok so seeing this can anyone tell me why I can t load any internet websites and show quot limited quot connection even though the signal strength is always maxed nbsp

A:windows 8 connectivity issues (internet connections are"limited" and pages won't load

it maybe a firewall issue - although you are showing media disconnected and not a limited connection ipconfig

Can you connect to a router by cable and does the PC work like that ?

Check the wireless is switched ON
theres often a physical switch or a combination of the FN and one of the F keys to toggle the wireless on/off
often F2 is used - but note , not always - look for a symbol that looks a little like (( i ))

is the wireless on?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, kaspersky or Mcafee or any free security suites like zonealarm, AVG , Webroot etc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-connectivity-issues-internet-connections-are-limited-and-pages-wont-load.1104772/
Relevancy 108.5%

Hi everybody I suddenly lost the ability to connect to the internet through cable I think it is related to the security update addressing a vulnerability in kerberus http support microsoft com kb I have no idea what it does but I m reasonably sure that it happened just after the update The network connection keeps cycling between quot identifying quot and quot network cable unplugged quot every - seconds I m running windows on an older lenovo laptop and I ve tried rebooting system restore reinstalling the drivers removing lenovo s connectivity program uninstalling the security update manually but all to no avail A thread with a similar problem led me to try changing the quot link speed and duplex quot from quot auto negotiation quot to quot mbps full duplex quot under the advanced tab of the network connection properties this gives me a network connection but no internet access Connecting the cable through the side of the computer changes nothing compared to connection through the docking station I can access the internet just fine through wifi Any ideas Any help will be much appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Mysterious "Identifying"/"cable unplugged" cycle Internet connection problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mysterious-identifying-cable-unplugged-cycle-internet-connection-problem.1137775/
Relevancy 108.5%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music report (PLEASE event have HELP) Whole .. viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" computer and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP) drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP)

**(DONT KNOW IF THIS WILL HELP..)***

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2250 @ 1.73GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 502 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 39723 MB, Free - 23484 MB; D: Total - 12684 MB, Free - 3633 MB;

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please-help.981932/
Relevancy 108.5%

I recently installed Kerio WinRoute Firewall build on my Vista bit SP Upon completing the No / Network "Connection Kerio WinRoute with Interrupted" Access install I instantly seemed to lose my internet connection as well as receiving the following message when "Connection Interrupted" / No Network Access with Kerio WinRoute attempting to open a website in Firefox IE seems to also suffer from this Connection Interrupted The connection to the server was reset while the page "Connection Interrupted" / No Network Access with Kerio WinRoute was loading The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection Please try again Click "Connection Interrupted" / No Network Access with Kerio WinRoute to expand Disabling the firewall will immediately return internet access After doing a little searching I found this seems to be a somewhat common problem however I haven t found a fix as most of the places the issue is discussed it s thrown in with users describing the same problem with other antivirus firewall software I have disabled the Windows firewall so there s no conflict there I ve walked through the software disabling enabling most settings individually to test the affect When the firewall is active I also seem to lose all access to the network can t access the router other computers on the network etc I d really appreciate any help anybody can throw my way nbsp

A:"Connection Interrupted" / No Network Access with Kerio WinRoute

make sure your firewall is allowing inbound access to port 443

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connection-interrupted-no-network-access-with-kerio-winroute.121388/
Relevancy 108.5%

Hey so I got the blue screen problem I had earlier fixed Now i'm trying to set up my broadband connection and it won't work I can connect via wireless but that cuts out periodically and with plugin a direct connectivity"... "Limited broadband so I wanted to connect directly as I figure that will be more stable and most likely quicker However when I try to do so it says the connection has quot limited connectivity quot and cannot identify the network Honestly I haven't tried very "Limited connectivity"... with a broadband direct plugin much where this is concerned except the little I could find online apparently i'm alone in this problem or something rofl If you post back please do not give me the following suggestions Reset unplug the router I'm at a school so we don't have a real quot router quot we just have a Linksys EZXS W which I have already tried unplugging for seconds and it has not worked Set up through the windows vista connection setup I have tried this numerous times it gets to the part of quot testing connection quot and it fails Speak to my school's tech place I have They fail Thanks for your help Nick

A:"Limited connectivity"... with a broadband direct plugin

try leave pc on unplug router and the modem. first plug in modem and plug in router straght away give it 30 seconds and try getting a connection again

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/limited-connectivity-with-a-broadband-direct-plugin-410999.html
Relevancy 108.5%

My laptop is connected to a wireless router Netcomm np n via an ethernet cable Recently after updating Windows Vista I had a clean install the internet starts cutting out with firefox with Only" wired "Local Connectivity Limited Vista and being quot unable to find the host www google com quot Vista Limited Connectivity and "Local Only" with wired and various other applications messing up IPconfig while connected Code Windows IP Configuration Host Name IBM-Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Vista Limited Connectivity and "Local Only" with wired Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List NETCOMM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Steganos Anonym VPN Adapter Physical Address -FF- C-D -FE- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Anchorfree HSS Adapter Physical Vista Limited Connectivity and "Local Only" with wired Address -FF- C- - -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TAP-Win Adapter V Physical Address -FF-FB- B-C -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Connection Physical Address - -D - F- F-FC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix NETCOMM Description Intel R PRO PL Network Connection Physical Address - - -E -E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a eea ce Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday August AM Lease Expires Wednesday August AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet Physical Address - - -C - - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d f e ea c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet Physical Address - - -C - - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F FD - CC - D -A D - F C C E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A BAF- C - C - A D- A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B B -E C - A-A E - E F B C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix NETCOMM Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C A -C - A -... Read more

A:Vista Limited Connectivity and "Local Only" with wired

Do you have the latest Network Interface Card drivers?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-limited-connectivity-and-local-only-with-wired-504286.html
Relevancy 108.5%

Hi I have an Acer laptop running Vista Home basic SP It uses an Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter connecting to an Actiontec MI WR router I can connect to the internet fine with an ethernet cable But when I connect wirelessly it connects for a "limited connectivity" vista problem wireless minute or so Then I get quot limited connectivity quot it will time out Then it will work again for a few mintes It repeats every couple minutes and is very frustrating I have tried it at a public place and the wireless works flawlessly I have had a friend stop by with his laptop using XP and it worked fine on my router So I think its a problem with the way my adapter and router work together I am using WEP security The only cordless phone nearby is on a different frequency I have tried talking to my internet provider but after changing a few settings they sent me to Acer No help since the computer is out of warranty about a year and a half old I have the windows firewall disabled My guess is that some vista wireless problem "limited connectivity" process vista wireless problem "limited connectivity" times it out every so often Is there a log of security events I could check Any help would be appreciated I have seen a few similar problems posted so I thought I would include the IPCONFIG ALL C Users Bob gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List mshome net home Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - - E- -AC- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c a d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday May PM Lease Expires Thursday May PM Default Gateway fe ad a dc e fe DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E- -A - F- - B- - - -CF DNS Servers fe ad a dc e fe NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - B- - - -CF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ad a dc e fe Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday May PM Lease Expires Thursday May PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E- -A - F- - B- - - -CF DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description isatap home Physical vista wireless problem "limited connectivity" Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 108.5%

Hi, everyone.

I'm attempting to stream video from my laptop running windows xp to my xbox 360 using an ethernet cable. I am able to see the list of videos on the xbox but when i attempt to watch them i get an error message saying the connection was lost. I once had success in watching a movie, but had no such luck any other time so I assume it has something to do with the "limited to no connectivity" message I'm getting on the local area connection.

I'm new to this forum so please let me know if you need any further information in helping me resolve this issue.

thanks in advance.

A:Streaming media from PC to Xbox; "Limited to no connectivity"

Are the PC and XBox on the same IP range with the same subnet mask, gateway etc?
Are you using a cross-over network cable to link the two or are you linking through a router/switch?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/streaming-media-from-pc-to-xbox-limited-to-no-connectivity-499651.html
Relevancy 108.5%

I have a Belkin 802.11g router hooked up between the cable modem and the " Main " computer. I have a laptop and another PC acccessing the internet wirelessly off the router. The computers are not networked. The problem is that all of a sudden the ' Main " computer now have Limited or No Connectivity and can't access the internet. The other two are working fine wirelessly off the router. Any ideas would be helpful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-main-computer-has-limited-or-no-connectivity.390396/
Relevancy 108.5%

Hello all First off I am a nerd my wife is a nerd we have six computers in the house running windows linux and who knows what tablets cell phones ps wii and a sony web tv Everything can connect to my router with no problem My month old Sony Vaio which I use primarily for mobile web development and graphic arts was really a wonderful machine on I purchased a wacom bamboo tablet installed everything and was issues" months, After connectivity "limited suddenly, 2 having a great time sketching things on After 2 months, suddenly, "limited connectivity issues" the computer tablet configuration when after bout three hours of playing suddently I was dropped from wireless connectivity with no reason I checked with my wife who was watching a netflix movie and happily computing on the other side of the couch and she was connected So I restarted my computer everything came up fine connected to the internet and after about - seconds of normal internet happiness I lost my connection again For the last hours ish this computer has been rebooted restarted the router has been restarted and unplugged I have reset everything uninstalled the tablet It doesnt make sense to me how a usb drawing mouse device may have any effect on my wireless but hey at the end of the rope And nothing works Every other device connects just fine So here I am fellow nerds Anyone have any idea why in the heck my computer would run the internet over a wifi connection for only an apx second run I need to conquer this as I have some projects coming at me that I need the computer and abilities it has to work Thanks in advance and if anyone needs any screenshots of anything I will attempt to answer as promptly as possible and windows network troubleshooting tells me everything is fine figure that out

A:After 2 months, suddenly, "limited connectivity issues"

Have you tried updating or reinstalling your wireless network adapter drivers?

Any firewall or network capable AV software loaded? If so, what happens if you disable it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/207439-after-2-months-suddenly-limited-connectivity-issues.html
Relevancy 108.5%

So yesterday afternoon I got this message on my laptop complete with the little yellow triangle hovering over my little internet icon at the bottom of my screen The weird part is that my desktop computer and my mom s laptop both of which are using wireless from the same router can both successfully connect -- I m using my mom s laptop to type this I tried unplugging the router and plugging it back in and it didn t help my laptop No my on laptop? Internet "Limited or Solved: Connectivity" still won t connect Here s a few of the facts - From the bit of research I ve done I see that this problem often coincides with a recent installation of Windows XP Service Pack which I have not done - I m using Windows just FYI - My big desktop computer already has an Ethernet cable connecting its built-in modem directly to the router Someone on another site suggested Solved: "Limited or No Internet Connectivity" on my laptop? using an Ethernet cable to connect my laptop Solved: "Limited or No Internet Connectivity" on my laptop? directly to the router but my laptop is a little bit of a junkpile and doesn t have anywhere to plug one in - When running Windows Network Diagnostic it tells me that there s a quot problem with the wireless adapter or access point quot which would be the router I ve tried resetting the router but it didn t help I m not sure how much it matters but I first noticed this problem when I was running a virus scan on my laptop About halfway through the scan it had picked up infected objects I was using a different computer while I waited for the scan to finish and when I came back in my laptop had mysteriously shut itself down I rebooted it and got the whole quot Windows was not properly shut down quot thing with the options to restart in Safe Mode and such I just restarted it regularly and when I got back on that s when I noticed that I had no internet I re-ran the virus scan and got rid of all of them I m not sure if it has anything to do with my lack of internet but I figured it was worth mentioning While attempting to research solutions for the problem I ve seen a lot of stuff about IP addresses and a bunch of acronyms I m not familiar with I really don t have a clue about all this networking stuff Does anyone have any suggestions that could help me out nbsp

Relevancy 108.5%

HI, I've been cursed with a 169 ip address, I'll be using the internet for about 5 - 10 minutes and suddenly I get the box "limited or no connectivity", and the internet goes out. It's horrible! I used the command "ipconfig" and got this information:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

CDocuments and Settings\ja>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Autoconfiguration IP Address. . . : 169.254.213.204
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

CDocuments and Settings\ja>
I've had this problem for well over 5 months, so if you can help me fix this problem, I would really, REALLY appreciate it!

A:Cursed with horrible 169 ip address and "limited or no connectivity" Oh, please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cursed-with-horrible-169-ip-address-and-limited-or-no-connectivity-oh-please-help.859651/
Relevancy 108.5%

I'm using XP on a Dell inspiron 1501 with a linksys wtg-54G router. My other laptop works fine on the network but with this one I get a strong signal but limited or no connectivity.
Wireless Network Connection :
Physical Address...................................00-1A-92-1F-5F
Dhcp enabled....................................... Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled...................... Yes
Autoconfiguration IP Address.................. 169.254.129.113
Subnet Mask ...................................... 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway ................................. 169.254.129.113

Any ideas ?

Any ideas ?

Relevancy 108.5%

Well yesterday i was using my computer upon noticing that I had some new Windows updates "Limited connectivity using Vista! Solved: message" I let it do it s thing and came back minutes later Then I had tries to connect to the internet and got nothing but quot limited connectivity quot and an quot unidentified network quot message Then I just thought to re-boot the Router Solved: "Limited connectivity message" using Vista! and restart my computer which I did only to find out it didn t make a difference we have other computers in the house one of which is another laptop just like mine It has a perfect connection That led me to believe that either is was one of the new updates that interfered or as well I noticed that I have a IP adress starting with quot quot Which from what I have been reading means the computer made it up because it couldn t find an quot response quot when it sent out a request to connect to the internet I am quite frustrated because I have no idea what the problem is or how to Solved: "Limited connectivity message" using Vista! go about fixing it Please help me Solved: "Limited connectivity message" using Vista! Here are my IP configurations Windows IP Configuration Host Name TylerSmith-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - -BF- -CA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe fd a f d d a Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - E- - E- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap DE B B-BB - D -B - E F br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 108.5%

Hello everyone Well a couple of days ago I turned on my computer and opened up the quot connect to a network quot window My usual wireless network called Motorola was there and I had three bars so I clicked quot connect quot It was Vista Connectivity"-Windows "Limited Solved: taking forever when finally a message popped up quot Solved: "Limited Connectivity"-Windows Vista Connection unsuccessful- If you are connecting to a wireless hotspot you might need to open a web browser to finish connecting quot This had never happened to me before so I did what it said but it didn t work The only thing that happened was that the network was still there but it said quot limited connectivity quot and won t allow me to browse the internet I can still open FireFox but none of the pages will load Other tech support sites have told me to unplug my router and modem and all this other stuff that I don t understand If anyone could help me out I d GREATLY appreciate it I m kinda technologically retarded so if you could explain everything thoroughly it would help a lot Also if it helps my computer is a Gateway-running on Windows Vista Home Premium My parents got it for me back in and it hasn t given me a problem like this before I m now only able to connect using our AOL dial up connection which sucks because it s SLOW nbsp

Relevancy 108.5%

If I'm downloading a big file update for say world of warcraft or downloading Downloading browsing and net leads to "limited connectivity" the HTTP log files Downloading and browsing the net leads to "limited connectivity" from my FTP server for my website and I'm browsing webpages I lose my internet connection I look down at the Downloading and browsing the net leads to "limited connectivity" network icon in the bottom right corner and it has a yellow flag on it saying quot Limited Connectivity quot However if I download and do Downloading and browsing the net leads to "limited connectivity" not browse and let it sit there it downloads just fine and I do not lose internet When it says limited connectivity I cant browse any websites my download stops completely and I have to right click on the network icon and choose Diagnose and repair And I've tried the other options there at this point the only work that fixes it so I can download and or browse again is quot reset local area connection quot Then if I start downloading and browsing again after a few minutes I get the Limited Connectivity again There has to be something in Vista x that thinks there is an attack or something going on and shuts down my network or something I have updated my ethernet card to the latest drivers disabled sleep mode for the ethernet card cleared out all cache and cookies reset winsock I'm out of ideas on how to fix this annoying problem -Codemaster

A:Downloading and browsing the net leads to "limited connectivity"

I have almost the same the problem, but it apers when I play World of Warcraft.
Then I lose the internet, and I have to restart the Connect to internet service.

But if I dont play WOW I dont have problems at al. STRANGE.. And I have only Wireless Connection, with no posibility to Use cable.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/143808-downloading-browsing-net-leads-limited-connectivity.html
Relevancy 108.5%

I recently built a call log database in Access for my team to use when calling agents on our top errors we see from a vendor s error report My boss is requesting a report to see how many items have been resolved I have a query started and I am trying to complete this task in a single query count Query: Return 2007 Access "Yes" M Solved: and values for of "No" Analyst/Report if possible instead of several queries as I ve Solved: Access 2007 Query: Return count of "Yes" and "No" values for Analyst/Report M done for a couple other things I have tables I m using Assignment AgtInfo and CallLog Joins as follows Assignment st AgtInfo agcy st AgtInfo agt id CallLog agt id Fields in the results Assignment assigned analyst CallLog rpt mnth CallLog resolved Resolved is a yes no field I ve done a query that converts the - to a so that the sum is a positive number for the quot Yes quot values I m not sure how to enter the expression to subract the quot Yes quot values from the total number of values yes no to get to my quot No quot count Essentially I d like the results to display as assigned analyst rpt mnth CountYes resolved CountNo resolved Somehow the connection is just not clicking in my brain with everything I ve read though searches Any help is appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Access 2007 Query: Return count of "Yes" and "No" values for Analyst/Report M

It is easier to add another column to counf the Nos, use
0 or is null
as the IIf statement and use a 1 to count them

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-2007-query-return-count-of-yes-and-no-values-for-analyst-report-m.1141703/
Relevancy 108.5%

OK fellow "computer-holics", here's a difficult one for ya. I have a user who e-mailed me the following:

"Ever since I downloaded Crystal Graphics' "PowerPlugs v 1.2" (powerpoint plugin software I purchased which allows for 3D motion graphics on slides), Microsoft Powerpoint won't allow me to access "Slide Color Scheme" or "Apply Design Template" from the format menu...."

I've tried completely removing Office, and re-installing it, but to no avail. I have yet to find an uninstaller for the "PowerPlugs" software, so I haven't tried that yet. (I wan't to save that as a "last-resort" anyway....even when I DO find an uninstaller). Does anyone know anything about the PowerPlugs software that could help out in this situation? Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Unable to access "Slide Color Scheme" or "Apply Design Template" in Powerpoint

I can only suggest that you use this form to contact the vendor of PowerPlugs:

http://www.crystalgraphics.com/main.support.asp

Whether you purchased it or not, it should certainly allow PowerPoint to continue to work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-slide-color-scheme-or-apply-design-template-in-powerpoint.178503/
Relevancy 108.19%

ok!!!!!!!!!! what is it and how do i fix it,,,, eyes crossed knees woobly help?????????????????????

A:[Solved] mplay32.exe,1"/play/close"%L"." and sndrec32.exe"%L"."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mplay32-exe-1-play-close-l-and-sndrec32-exe-l.197498/
Relevancy 108.19%

hey ok so about weeks ago ive been noticing that any cd i burn half of the cd would be un readable so for example sense access additional and "no Probs denied" (000000)" information Burner "D:\ if i were to try burning a sond cd i would only "D:\ access denied" and "no additional sense information (000000)" Burner Probs be able to listen to songs up to song or so and the rest of the songs were showing up on my cd player screen but no sounds would follow so ive tried the usuall stuff here first did a scan with adaware se and spybot and then i un installed then re installed my cd burners drivers and tested the burnign out on nero once more no success at all so heres my nero log maybe u guys can find something thanks Drive Information ----------------- "D:\ access denied" and "no additional sense information (000000)" Burner Probs Drive LITE-ON LTR- S Type CD-RW Recorder Firmware Version QS C Buffer Size MB Date Serial Number Drive Letter F Location Mechanism Tray Read Speed X Write Speed X Read CD Text Yes Return C Pointers Yes Read CD-R Yes Read CD-RW Yes Read DVD-ROM No Read DVD-RAM No Read DVD-R No Read DVD-RW No Read DVD R No Read DVD RW No Read Digital Audio Yes Read CD G Yes Read VideoCD Yes Write CD-R Yes Write CD-RW Yes Write DVD-R No Write DVD-RW No Write DVD R No Write DVD RW No Write DVD-RAM No Buffer Underrun Protection No Mount Rainier Yes Modes Packet TAO DAO SAO RAW SAO RAW SAO RAW SAO RAW DAO RAW DAO Disc Information F ------------------- Type - no disc inserted - Capacity MB Tracks Sessions CD-R W Info CMC Magnetics CD-R Drive Information ----------------- Drive Generic DVD-ROM Type DVD-ROM Drive Firmware Version Buffer Size KB Date Serial Number Drive Letter D Location Mechanism Tray Read Speed X Write Speed n a Read CD Text Yes Return C Pointers Yes Read CD-R Yes Read CD-RW Yes Read DVD-ROM Yes Read DVD-RAM Yes Read DVD-R Yes Read DVD-RW Yes Read DVD R Yes Read DVD RW Yes Read Digital Audio Yes Read CD G Yes Read VideoCD Yes Write CD-R No Write CD-RW No Write DVD-R No Write DVD-RW No Write DVD R No Write DVD RW No Write DVD-RAM No Buffer Underrun Protection No Mount Rainier No Modes n a Region Protection Control RPC II Region None Changes User Changes Vendor Disc Information D ------------------- Type - no disc inserted - Interface Information --------------------- Adapter --------- Description Primary IDE Channel Driver Description System DRIVERS atapi sys Company n a Version n a Description n a Attached Devices Description Master WDC WD JB- ETA Type Disk Drive DMA Off Adapter --------- Description Secondary IDE Channel Driver Description System DRIVERS atapi sys Company n a Version n a Description n a Attached Devices Description Master LITE-ON LTR- S Type CD-Rom Drive DMA Off Autorun On Adapter --------- Description D PRT SCSI Controller Driver Description System Drivers d prt sys Company Version built by WinDDK Description SCSI miniport Attached Devices Description ID Generic DVD-ROM Type CD-Rom Drive Autorun On Software Information -------------------- Operating System Windows XP Professional Service Pack ASPI Win Nero Aspi Library Ahead Software AG Description Nero - Burning Rom Version Company Ahead Software AG Driver Information ------------------ Driver ACPI Description ACPI Driver for NT Version xpsp sp rtm - Company Microsoft Corporation Driver aeaudio Description Andrea Audio Noise Cancellation Driver Version Company Andrea Electronics Corporation Driver ati mtag Description ATI Radeon WindowsNT Miniport Driver Version Company ATI Technologies Inc Driver audstub Description AudStub Driver Version XPClient - Company Microsoft Corporation Driver Cdfs Description CD-ROM File System Driver Version xpsp sp rtm - Company Microsoft Corporation Driver Cdrom Description SCSI CD-ROM Driver Version xpsp sp rtm - Company Microsoft Corporation Driver d bus Description PnP BIOS Extension Version built by WinDDK Company Driver d prt Description SCSI mini... Read more

A:"D:\ access denied" and "no additional sense information (000000)" Burner Probs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-access-denied-and-no-additional-sense-information-000000-burner-probs.312483/
Relevancy 108.19%

I added a slave drive to my Windows XP Pro computer and it appears to work properly However when I open the quot Documents and Settings quot folder on the slave drive E which is Windows XP Home Edition Slave Folder Settings" Solved: drive Denied" "Access and on "Documents -- not XP Pro I do not see any of my documents sub-folders etc There should be MANY sub-folders inside the quot My Documents quot folder which isn t even visible with hundreds of documents jpgs etc Solved: Slave drive "Access Denied" on "Documents and Settings" Folder within it When that drive is installed as the Primary drive in my other computer the User quot Larry Solved: Slave drive "Access Denied" on "Documents and Settings" Folder quot which is me has all Administrative privileges On the computer that I m running now with the slave drive in it I also have Administrator privileges I own both computers My User Name quot Larry quot is password-protected when I login to Windows when the drive is Primary and installed into my main computer not this computer with XP Pro I ve tried clicking on all the users Administrator Default User Larry Guest etc Note I get an quot Access Denied quot error when clicking on the Guest quot Documents and Settings quot folder So the questions are Why can t I see any files or subdirectories in the quot Documents and Settings quot folder on the slave drive There s supposed to be a folder named quot My Documents quot but I can t find it Normally that path is quot C Documents and Settings My Documents quot --- Where is that folder It contains all the files I m looking for Do I have to put the drive back into the other computer and then change something before putting it into this computer or can I change something in this computer to access the folders I m really confused Old Fart Larry nbsp

A:Solved: Slave drive "Access Denied" on "Documents and Settings" Folder

Follow the directions here to take ownership of a file or folder.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-slave-drive-access-denied-on-documents-and-settings-folder.935997/
Relevancy 107.88%

I have to set up a Broadband connection. But Local Area connection icon is missing. Someone told "drivers" could be missing... I installed few. But the problem is as it was.. please guide me in this regards.. Thank you

Screen shots Attached

A:"Local Area Connection" missing in "Change adapter Settings".. Plz hlp

Hi and welcome to the Forum
Is the Broadband connection working OK?
Where are you looking for the icon? Can you post a screenshot of the location where you expect to see the LAN icon?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/286724-local-area-connection-missing-change-adapter-settings-plz-hlp.html
Relevancy 107.57%

I have had a problem connecting my toshiba satellite laptop to my wireless router that was provided by Verizon. It connects for twenty minutes, then cuts out and says "limited connectivity." Actually it should say "no connectivity." I have dhcp enabled. I already went into the regedit and did that, as recommended by microsoft.

My modem/wireless router is a Westell.

Please Help.

Relevancy 107.57%

I have previously had a network connection for my pc that connects to the internet through my laptop which has a wireless internet card and i just pick up a signal around the area. I had it working before and i don't know what caused it to fail. but now i get limited or no connectivity when i plug in my ethernet cord between the 2 computers. My laptop sais its connected properly and are no errors on the icon, the PC has the error. I have tried repair, it freases then sais "windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed: renewing your IP address." I made sure IP address and DSN server were set to auto, I am out of ideas. Please help.
Chris

A:Second PC gets "limited or no connectivity" when trying to conect to laptop

I also just downloaded the winstock fixer

i saw another forum that siad to download a winstock file fixer, i did, rebooted and it didn't work

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/second-pc-gets-limited-or-no-connectivity-when-trying-to-conect-to-laptop.91044/
Relevancy 107.57%

Hi,

wondering if anyone can help me, i have a new Acer Aspire 5742Z with standard Windows 7 OEM OS from supplier.

I'm trying to connect wireless to my network and i am getting a "limited connectivity" message.

I can rule out:
- the network itself - have 10+ machines on the network.
- hardware - I've tried various cards internal and external.

the LAN was also having issues until I disabled the QoS on the adaptor, however this does not help the WLAN.

I think it must be software issues and was wondering about Acers software as I know Toshiba's "config free" can interfere with WLAN. or there may be more i need to change to the adaptor settings.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 107.57%

My laptop has recently run into a quot limited or no connectivity quot issue and can not access my network The problem started yesterday for no apparent reason I was connecting to my network and the internet fine and I left so my little brother could play Age of Empires When I came connectivity&quot; [SOLVED] or &quot;Limited problem no back I got [SOLVED] &quot;Limited or no connectivity&quot; problem the limited connectivity problem and could [SOLVED] &quot;Limited or no connectivity&quot; problem no longer get online I have tried many things to solve this and nothing is working These are the things I have tried -Resetting computer and router -Repairing the connection -Moving closer to the signal -Trying to connect online through an ethernet cable instead of wireless -Switching to a different wireless card -Using the Winsock xp fix program -Checking my drivers all of them are in working condition None of the above were solutions to this problem no matter what I do I still get the limited or no connectivity message My router is not able to assign my laptop an ip address The 'repair' option does not finish because it says that it was unable to renew my ip address All of the other computers on the network are working fine it is only my laptop that has problems I really need suggestions as to what to do next I really want to get this fixed I want to avoid assigning a static ip address I am on my dad's work network as he works from home A static ip address is a big security issue in my dad's eyes and I would like to find a solution without having to assign a static ip address As I said before the problem seems to be that my router can not assign my laptop an ip address I keep getting an ip that looks like x x which according to other sources means that my router failed to assign me an ip address Please help me out

A:[SOLVED] &quot;Limited or no connectivity&quot; problem

please help....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-and-quot-limited-or-no-connectivity-and-quot-problem-269215.html
Relevancy 107.57%

Hello I am new here and figured I would give you folks a go I ve got an internet connection problem that has me stumped I ve googled for days and tried many things to "Limited or issue connectivity" no Yet Solved: another no avail I will now bow Solved: Yet another "Limited or no connectivity" issue down to the experts I am running Windows on a -bit quad-core machine I use both Internet Explorer and Firefox My PC is connected to a D-Link EBR- Version B Router which in turn is connected to a Motorola Surfboard cable modem through Time Warner Cable s Road Runner For the the software side I have Windows firewall turned off and am using Norton s Internet Security Suite At irregular intervals I will get a loss of connection Both IE and Firefox will time out loading the page and ask me to quot Try Again quot After about - minutes the connection resumes by itself This can happen minutes apart or days apart Just tonight it has happened times To resolve the problem I can either wait or unplug the cable modem and wait seconds Upon rebooting the internet is back up this may or may not have any effect as the time to reboot is usually the time it takes to come back on its own I have tried too many things to list For now I have completely reset the router so it is in quot out of the box quot configuration Here is some detailed information Code Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Todd gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Todds-Quad-Core Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List stny rr com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix stny rr com Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - D- -ED-E -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe edd e c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday March PM Lease Expires Friday March PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - E- -A - - D- -ED-E -C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap FED CE A-B - A - C - ADA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e a d e ba ac Prefer red Link-local IPv Address fe a d e ba ac Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users Todd gt ping google com Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Todd gt Thank you in advance for your assistance I hope once I have been helped I will be able to help others on this forum nbsp

Relevancy 107.57%

Hey guys here is my issue through Router Connectivity" IP Renew No "Limited or Cannot Unable to renew ip when connected to a router used as a switch as this router is conncected to another router Pc s were working just great until I decided to move them to another location afew days ago within the house plugged it all back but unable to get Ip s to renew on pc s I even went back and reset all the routers and assigned new addresses to them got everything Cannot Renew IP through Router "Limited or No Connectivity" powered up in sequence but still same issue It is not the router switch but the pc s inablility to renew when conncected to it and driving me nuts Am I missing something What I can say is that if I connect them to the modem or vpn router directly I have connectivity however not when I connect router switch I swapped another router that I have other machines that are running succesfully but get the same issue quot IP will not renew quot on the machines that connect to it Here is the set up total of pc s and networked printer run through router and some run through a router switch spred out through the home Modem Motorola port Lynksys vpn router port Lynksys router used as a switch DHCP Disabled Dell Optiplex Win Xp connected to the above switch IP S NOT RENEWING port Lynksys router used as a switch DHCP disabled Dell Dimensions connected to above switch WORKING port Lyksys Wireless router used as a switch DHCP Disabled Dell Optiplex Win XP Pro Dell Precision Win XP Pro connected to above switch WORKING Dell Optiplex Win XP Pro connected to main vpn router WORKING Dell Optiplex Win XP Pro connected to main vpn router WORKING As I mentioned I can get IP to renew when going straight to modem or actual vpn router but not through the switch All the equip including printer were assigned ips between to but not those three pc s now as won t renew I guess I could throw down on another router and have Lynksys do a hour debug as another router will cost the same if I use their support I was hoping someone out there has seen this before and can see where I am losing it I do recall running into this problem before when I set it up a few years ago Lynksys tech was about to give up said it was my PC but we got through it had something to do in the sequenceing of having everything off getting those pc s to renew in some manner but I just cant recall I wish I wrote it all down back then Thanks in advance for any suggestions nbsp

A:Cannot Renew IP through Router "Limited or No Connectivity"

Suspicious that 192.168.2.2 through .4 were assigned as static IPs and three computers did not "renew." What is the Dhcp server's address range on the "Lynksys" vpn router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-renew-ip-through-router-limited-or-no-connectivity.916776/
Relevancy 107.57%

I m running Windows XP with SP I have a BT Home hub Wireless Router but I had this problems with my ADSL modem as well USB g WLAN wirelass adapter I can not get the network either through the hard wire LAN adapter or the Renew IP to Connectivity" "Limited Unable wireless adapter to find an IP address for my router and connect to the internet I know the router is working fine as my PSP connects with it no problem and I can connect the router to the computer via a USB cable without a problem trying to use a network card simply won t work though I ve tried ipcong release renew and DNS flush setting up a static IP on the router and adapter and still no joy I ve heard that this is a common problem when programs like BitTorrent have been used and I have been using this program recently Appartently "Limited Connectivity" Unable to Renew IP it uses up all the connection IP s on windows but I m not technically proficient enough to figure out what how or why I have been trawling the forums for days now trying to find a solution and not got anywhere Any assistance would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:"Limited Connectivity" Unable to Renew IP

Just click on the "Rules" link near the top left of any page. The first one is
P2P Instructions - The purpose of P2P is to illegally trade copyrighted material. We do not support the use of P2P networks and any threads requesting help for them will be closed. This includes Kazaa, Bearshare, WinMX, and the like. If you're interested in the topic, you are free to discuss it on our site (and please visit StealingIsIllegal.com), but information on how to use them will not be provided.

Maybe I shouldn't give you even this clue, but my suggestion is to stop using BitTorrent and similar and get your computer cleaned up (format and new install is the sure way). Your networking problems will go away.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-connectivity-unable-to-renew-ip.683759/
Relevancy 107.57%

I'm trying to connect two computers together. One is a desktop (which is an XP sys.) that can connect to the internet through a dsl modem, and I want to share the internet connection to laptop, (which runs on vista) through this hub (it's some 5-port dynex hub i got for like 20$). I connected the modem to the hub's first port, in the second port i connected the desktop to the hub, and from the third hub i ran the ethernet cable to the laptop. The laptop used to run ok till now. I look at the connection status and it reads
Ipv6 connectivity: limited. I click diagnose, it resets the local area adapter, renews the IP, reboot the modem, and nothings fixed it yet. For both the Ipv4&6 they are set to automatically find IP addresses and servers, and gateways. don't know much else.

Relevancy 107.57%

Hi My in-laws computer has been acting strangely including going from fully connected via ethernet to the broadband router to having limited or no connectivity The IP Address changes from a range to an automatic private address range Rebooting fixes that but it happens repeatedly Since then I ve manually killed the dcsm exe Drive Cleaner process and deleted the file The connection speed via DSL is only about twice dialup speed too Solved: no LAN "limited problem or connectivity" Any ideas Hijack This log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer Solved: LAN "limited or no connectivity" problem v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files D-Link AirPlus G AirGCFG exe C Program Files ANI ANIWZCS Service WZCSLDR exe C Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwsoemon exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Comodo Firewall CPF exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files CLIE Handheld HOTSYNC EXE C Program Files CLIE Handheld USBSwt exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice BIN C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files ANI ANIWZCS Service ANIWZCSdS exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Comodo Firewall cmdagent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exe C Documents and Settings Clive Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn co uk SEENGB SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http g msn co uk SEENGB SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g msn co uk SEENGB SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - URLSearchHook no name - A FAF - E- cf- - F A D - C Program Files MyWebSearch SrchAstt bin MWSSRCAS DLL O - BHO MyWebSearch Search Assistant BHO - A FAF - E- cf- - F A D - C Program Files MyWebSearch SrchAstt bin MWSSRCAS DLL O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO mwsBar BHO - B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA - C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSBAR DLL O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - Toolbar My amp Web Search - B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA - C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSBAR DLL O - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run D-Link AirPlus G C Program Files D-Link AirPlus G AirGCFG exe O - HKLM Run ANIWZCS Service C Program Files ANI ANIWZCS... Read more

A:Solved: LAN "limited or no connectivity" problem

This turned out not to be spyware-related at all, but was a known issue with Comodo Personal Firewall and DHCP.

More details here:
http://forums.comodo.com/faq_for_co...the_ip_address-t6758.0.html;msg49504#msg49504

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-lan-limited-or-no-connectivity-problem.587621/
Relevancy 107.57%

From what I hear this is a somewhat common problem I have tried many other fixes but they dont see to work for me I will explain the "Limited chat when no or video connectivity" using problem in as much detail as possible so hopefully something can be done I've noticed when "Limited or no connectivity" when using video chat using skype or other webchat utilities like omegle - chatroulette that the conversation can only last anywhere from a matter of seconds to or minutes before the connection quality drops and i get quot limited or no connectivity quot for my internet connection I must reboot to get internet connectivity back sometimes a couple times Usually the first attempt will last at least minutes then subsequent attempts - after restarts - seem to get shorter and shorter sometimes only last a few seconds even A few times i have been able to time skype calls because at exactly minutes the internet would drop me I have tried going to options - connections - unchecking pnp or unchecking ALL boxes ive even heard in some posts Tried that with not much effect I have made sure that my firewall has exceptions for skype I have tried forwarding the port on my router that skype claims to use for connections in the options I am using a linksys wrt g wireless router but my connection is hardlines to the router I am using an archaic form of DSL that is very slow on a phone line that has degraded but I am still able to play high-bandwidth using multiplayer games for long periods of time "Limited or no connectivity" when using video chat with no interruption I recently took my computer to another persons house with a new router and much higher bandwidth connection and had the same problem I have also noticed this problem when downloading torrents but reducing the number of peer connections seemed to greatly improve the problem - not completely eliminate it I suspect it may have something to do with my hardware I also remember clearing all temp files and resetting internet options helped for a little while but the problem came back quickly Sometimes I have been able to have longer skype calls that last a good amount of time and it doesnt drop me but that is rare i dont know why that is I am almost beginning to think I have some sort of a virus that is interferring with the internet at times possibly from some remote source because the actions it takes seem to be quot intelligent quot at times but maybe I am just paranoid A couple odd things to mention that may mean something After restarting my pc a couple times to regain internet connection and retry my skype call sometimes instead of my internet connection disconnecting i actually get a BSOD and my computer automatically reboots itself Not often maybe out of restarts It says something about IRQL DRIVER NOT EQUAL LESS something but its fast this hasnt happened with chatroulette or omegle JUST skype Also i noticed at my residence i cannot remove the router and hardline connect right to the modem it gives me quot limited or no connectivity quot at the house with the faster internet i went to i could not use their router i had to hardline to the modem - the router would give me quot limited or no connectivity quot Sorry for the long post i have been trying to fix this for some time now and I am getting quite frustrated and would really like to talk to my friends longer then - minute intervals Any help is greatly appreciated also if any admin wants to bump this to a specific forum where they think it better belongs it is greatly appreciated

A:"Limited or no connectivity" when using video chat

Maybe the network adapter driver is causing the bsod, can you upload the minidumps so the geeks can take a took at them?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/253450-limited-no-connectivity-when-using-video-chat.html