Windows Support Forum

Slow Network Transfer Speeds on Local LAN

Q: Slow Network Transfer Speeds on Local LAN

Hi
My PC's network card is configured as 100 Mbps
My NAS Drive is configured as 100 Mbps

My Home Hub 3 shows both connected at 100 Mbps, yet I'm getting a maximum of 1.3M transferring a file to the NAS.

Is there any way I can increase this ?
I get the same speed from my 20Mbps download from my DSL.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Slow Network Transfer Speeds on Local LAN

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Slow Network Transfer Speeds on Local LAN

Your hub is probably whats causing the problem. Hubs are only able to run in 1/2 duplex mode so your speed is only 50 mbps.

100 Mbps (Mega bits per second) connection maximum theoretical speed is 12.5 MBps (Mega Bytes per sec)

A hub that runs in 1/2 duplex mode runs at 50 Mbps = 6.25 MBps

This is theoretical maximum speeds.

To increase you speeds i would suggest replacing your hub with a switch. If you want to increase it more add gigabit hardware to all your machines. That will give you a maximum of 125 MBps. On my Gigabit network I normally see network transfer speeds around 70-100 MBps.

I hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/258964-slow-network-transfer-speeds-local-lan.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi guys,
I have three computers on my home network:
(a) desktop in the office with ASUS USB-N53 adapter
(b) new desktop in the office with fairly old Broadcom PCI 802.11g adapter
(c) media box hooked up to TV hard wired to router

I recently mapped a drive on system A so that it could be shared with system B (they are side by side). Unfortunately, upon trying to transfer files the speeds are terrible! I am only getting between 500kb/s and 1mb/s.
Is this due to my relatively old wireless G adapter?

A:Slow Transfer Speeds over Network

It could be. You really need to use on both desktops wired connections. If you are going to use Wifi and transfer large files. You may want to invest into a Wireless-ac router and same for the adapters for the computers.

Wireless transfers only go as fast as the slowest connection.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/47750-slow-transfer-speeds-over-network.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi I am transferring some files over my transfer Solved: speeds Slow-ish over network network using the Python SimpleHTTPServer on a Xubuntu box Code Code python -m SimpleHTTPServer The server is a mediocre - year old machine AKA David I don t have the exact specs to hand but it was bargain bucket in The client is a big powerful monster of a machine Big games rig AKA Goliath The router has a theoretical transfer speed of Mb s It s a TP-Link TL-WR N My actual non-concurrent download speed is Mb s This isn t really my area and I was wondering if anyone can explain why this is All connections are via Ethernet cable David is connected via Ethernet Goliath is connected via Ethernet to a Powerline Adapter which in turn is Ethernet connected Over wireless I am getting Mb s I m not expecting the full theoretical maximum but surely better than Mb s Is there anyway to improve this Why am I getting Solved: Slow-ish transfer speeds over network such a slow connection I m interested in the academic side of things here as well as the technical solution if any My theory is that my rubbish-y old network card is throttling Possible Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Slow-ish transfer speeds over network

Several things here. First, the NIC(s) used can affect the speed, even the driver version can have an affect. Second, how each NIC is connected and configured (ie: 10half, 10Full, 100half, 100Full, etc.).

Verify the configuration end to end. Also, the router itself, and in this configuration, the powerline adapter can/are likely further reducing the speed.

Try moving everything to the same room and test. ie: David > short ethernet > router > short ethernet > Goliath

That will give you the best possible results with your current hardware (assuming there aren't any configuration issues).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-slow-ish-transfer-speeds-over-network.1125650/
Relevancy 90.73%

So when transferring files from one pc to another using copy and paste why does it only say - maybe - or so I m using windows vista but it s the same in XP Network just Speeds, Transfer wrong.. slow or when I was using it I share a folder on network browse to this shared folder using another PC on the network same workgroup and i copy and paste say a mb file The transfer speed reports in vista xp don t have this feature that its around mb s or so whatever it says it s not quot what it should be quot regardless if its mbit MB S or gbit MB s network Now on the advanced config of the network adapter there are various settings that control the network adapter Network Transfer Speeds, slow or just wrong.. Does one of these determine the overall speed or the transfer Maybe a firewall or router is slowing the transfer therefore a port should be opened is so what port Or are speeds slow due to windows but where can I find information about such a bug i mean iv looked and looked maybe I m just not googleing the right thing so anyway if someone knows anything that could help me speed up the transfer of data between two pc s on a windows network It would be a great help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-transfer-speeds-slow-or-just-wrong.650704/
Relevancy 89.87%

I'm wondering if there's any way I can increase the data transfer speed between 2 of my computers on my wireless network. I'm seeing about 1.25MB/s according to the box that shows you the speed/duration of a file transfer. I'd love to even triple this tiny speed because I am trying to transfer nearly 500GB between my computers before I hit the road again (I'm a truck driver). Thanks.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/45373-slow-data-transfer-speeds-home-network-between-pcs.html
Relevancy 89.87%

So I know that at one point in the past my Home Network File Transfer Speeds use to be better than what I m getting at the moment I m by no means Network Savvy so please bare with me I know enough just to get into trouble Question From what I ve been told your Home Network Speeds can be put to a screeching Home Slow Network Transfer File over Speeds halt if you have a device that is particularly slower than most of your other devices ie a b device where most of the devices Slow File Transfer Speeds over Home Network on your network are g or n or a device where most others are Is this true My Setup I have fairly new Toshiba Satellite Laptops n that are almost always connected via WiFi and not LAN I have D-Link DIR L AC Router centrally located in my home for the best reach of signals I have WD My Book Live TB NAS connected directly to my Router via Ethernet I have Samsung Series Smart TV I have D-Link Baby Monitor connected via WiFi b I quot THINK quot I have iPad Mini iPhone and Samsung Galaxy S that are all also connected All my Ethernet Cable is Cat e hard to find where I live My Router Channel is manually set to best possible due to conflicting Home Networks around my area Router Mode is set to Mixed Mode a b g n All of my devices except our phones fall into this category Both of my Computers are joined in a Home Group Now here are my current speeds I tested a few different methods on both of my Computers all Methods using the same gb MP File The purpose of these Tests are to try and find the best setup for my Home Network to ultimately move Large MP files from either of my laptops to my NAS in the quickest possible time File Copy Test Results Transfer Speeds Indicated by Windows File Transfer Window Newest Toshiba Satellite Running Windows fully up to date GB Internal Standard Harddrive non-SSD NAS to Computer to MBps Wireless NAS to Router via Eithernet to Computer via Ethernet - MBs Wired NAS to Computer via Ethernet - mbps Average - MBps Wired HomeGroup Older Satellite to Newer Satellite - MBps Wireless Computer to NAS - MBps Wireless Computer to Router via Eithernet to NAS via Ethernet - MBps Wired Computer to NAS via Ethernet - MBps Average - MBps Wired Now that you ve seen a little info any ideas Again I m not a Network Wiz by any means but I have been messing with Computers A LOT since I was a child not as much as now as I use to but still the same And it baffles me as to why I m not getting more than MBps Transfer speeds to and from my NAS Wired I mean come on seconds to transfer a gb movie WIRED A little while back that seemed acceptable Something sounds off to me and I m trying to find out what Before I was achieving transfer speeds of upwards of - MBps on my Home Network I don t know when my Network fell apart because I stopped paying it attention for a while because everything was fine Any ideas Also my Router Settings are available if needed Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 89.87%

I have tryed Remote Differential compression, changing of services (turning off), updated lan driver and changed duplex but still no good,

the PC I am copying the file from is a windows XP SP2 machine and running through a netgear switch, previous Digilink,

Can anyone help me get this working properly?

Atheros L1 Gigabit ethernet

Windows 7 64bit.

A:Slow network transfer speeds from windows XP machine.

i think you go with hardware engg. to solve your problem!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/93904-slow-network-transfer-speeds-windows-xp-machine.html
Relevancy 89.01%

ok folks i am begging someone on here to help me - on the verge over transfer - (wired) random File network slow, speeds very LAN of going back to windows File transfer speeds over LAN network (wired) - very slow, random Tried everything help me please i have an x chipset pc i k gb ram gtx nvidia - its a good pc meant to be anyway it's connected directly to my router as are a few other pc's in the house including a laptop - all via lan cable as is my NAS drive a few weeks ago i noticed file transfer speeds had dropped really slow I've tried all sorts including fresh formats trying a combination of things Different slots on the router different cables the whole 'large send offload' disabled thing everything None of it works I've been doing side by File transfer speeds over LAN network (wired) - very slow, random side tests vs my Asus laptop also on windows and the last thing i'd expect in the house to work properly - transferring the same file from the same location on my NAS to File transfer speeds over LAN network (wired) - very slow, random a local drive ssd drives both on laptop and on pc With the laptop i get average transfer speeds of this gb file of - mb s every time consistently No problem at all With the PC one time it will start at - and slow right down Other times it'll start at and again slow down Or it'll stay at More often than not it starts at - then will slow to - On the laptop its a consistent - and stays there for the entire file What the hell is wrong with my pc I've done the exact same tests on my little shuttle pc in the lounge a crappy thing with a simple i cpu no graphics card No issues at all - i can scroll through files on the NAS located upstairs smoothly with no issue using video editing software for instance So this is definitely a PC only issue it's not network or router related - as the downstairs pc laptop check out fine Here's a full list of things i've tried to fix it - tried different lan cables - tried different slot on router - clean format update windows then install mobo drivers - clean format install mobo drivers then update windows - updated all mobo drivers including LAN driver - removed gigabyte lan driver and tried using default windows one installed on restart - gone into the properties of the adapter - disabled that 'offload' thing as mentioned above none of it has made any difference This is after x clean format attempts no other programs installed Why has it started doing this It's as if its detecting a high speed of transfer from NAS to PC and the pc is throttling it down or something Is there any program that will let me see what is causing the speed drop anything else i've not tried pleasee help i really don't want to have to install windows need dx for gaming in future

A:File transfer speeds over LAN network (wired) - very slow, random

Checked Netbios is enabled , not on Default ? (on all PC's on Win 10 , it seems to be an issue for some)

Also if Jumbo Frame is Enabled and your Router or the other PC can't use it , it will cause issues like this . EVERY DEVICE on the LAN MUST Support JumboFrame if you use it. ie my C7 ARCHER can't.... everything else can....

If that doesn't help , this is my goto list I posted in another Thread for them to check too.

Ethernet network between 3 Windows 10 PCs problem - Page 3 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/63454-file-transfer-speeds-over-lan-network-wired-very-slow-random.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Having continuous problems with freezing and slow data transfer and am wondering if it malware or something DDS logDDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by User at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files BORGChat BORGChat exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterC PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Documents and Settings User My Documents Downloads HijackThis _ network PC1 network on slow transfer speeds exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC slow network transfer speeds _ PC1 on network WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXEC Documents and Settings User My Documents Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uURLSearchHooks H - No FilemURLSearchHooks H - No FileBHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No FileBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllTB CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - No FileTB A A -BACC- D - - A E E - No FileTB EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - No FileuRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exemRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun AVG TRAY c progra avg avg avgtray exemRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun nwiz c program files nvidia corporation nview nwiz exe installmRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartupmRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitmRun MSConfig c windows pchealth helpctr binaries MSConfig exe autoStartupFolder c docume user startm programs startup borgchat lnk - c program files borgchat BORGChat exeIE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeIE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exeDPF BCC -B - - C - D A B C - hxxp office microsoft com templates ieawsdc cabDPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - - hxxp fpdownload macromedia com get shockwave cabs flash swflash cabTCP D CFE -B A- E-B C- CE E Handler linkscanner - F C- F - D -A D -FBDDE F D - c program files avg avg avgpp dllNotify avgrsstarter - avgrsstx dllSSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - c windows system WPDShServiceObj dll FIREFOX FF - ProfilePath - c docume user applic mozilla firefox profiles dtam ag default FF - prefs js browser search selectedEngine - Yahoo SearchFF - prefs js browser startup homepage - hxxp www google com au ig hl en amp source iglkFF - prefs js network proxy type - FF - component c program files avg avg firefox components avgssff dllFF - plugin c documents and settings user local settings application data google update npGoogleOneClick dllFF - plugin c program files google update npGoogleOneClick dllFF - plugin c program files google update npGoogleOneClick dllFF - plugin c program files k-lite codec pack real browser plugins nppl dllFF - plugin c program files k-lite codec pack real browser plugins nprpjplug dllFF - HiddenExtension Java Console No Registry Reference - c pr... Read more

A:slow network transfer speeds _ PC1 on network

Hello jolly_tas,Sorry about the delay. If you still need help, please post a new HijackThis log to make sure nothing has changed, and I'll be happy to look at it for you.Thanks,tea

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/255034/slow-network-transfer-speeds-pc1-on-network/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi,

I am currently transferring some large files from one disc to another but the transfer speeds don't seem to go above 16mbs. Some of them are iso files around 5 gig. Should this make a difference?

I have 4 Seagate Barracudas at 7200rpm. 3 300 gb drives, 1 750 gb drive and a Maxtor 10 at 300gb's. I am trasnferring from a Seagate to the Maxtor 10.

Cheers in advance.

Steve

A:Slow transfer speeds

Are they connected with SATA or IDE cables?
SATA cables are faster than IDE's.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/41582-slow-transfer-speeds.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi there all I am running a pretty well high end piece of hard ware probably more than i need But there is Slow transfer speeds, WHY? something that is mind boggling me Please explain why is it when im moving files Slow transfer speeds, WHY? over a network im getting ridiculous silly slow speeds I have an i with xHD in it x GB for mirror raid then i have x TB one of those TB is partitioned to TB and TB AND I have an i with xHD x TB and X TB i have listed both my pc system specs below if you want to take a look after reading my problem Now why is it that im getting REALLY SLOW transfer speeds from pc to pc over a network Im moving large GB files and small ones and my transfers speeds are all different and cant put my finger on it why I have went through and read across many many forums like this one and many others and I cannot still find out a good reason why anything i am reading no-one really knows they are just saying things like just try this and try that Im running a small business and im not going to be mucking around with system settings off people's hit and miss theories although i have tried a couple already and thats about how far im willing to go However same file sizes and same HD are giving me different transfer rates im transferring files between my i amp i both are windows professional bit I can not list any examples at all because its all different but my average transfer rate is from mb to mb but of the time its mb to mb I have ALL BRAND NEW HARDWARE weeks old not even So i know its not my hard drives and its not my hardware mobo cpu ram and so on I am leaning more towards the O S Windows Pro bit as there are like a billion forum topics and threads about it So can someone actually help me and finding out an answer Just cannot understand why this not happen when running XP Pro x compared to the newer Windows Pro bit I have installed a rd party program quot TeraCopy quot but still same transfer rate I wish i could call someone over the phone as there is way too many variables to be written and i dont think there would be enough room in here to write everything that i have tried and done Inshort i have tried the following Changing NIC settings Unticked quot Remote Differential Compression quot on both pc's installed rd party software quot TeraCopy quot Also i was thinking of uninstalling the intel software thats running my NIC settings - Not willing to go any further until i know exactly where the problem lies BTW FROM i to i Transferring the files to a USB Ext HD took me mins to move a GB File it was taking me hrs over the network mb FROM i to i I have also transferred a GB file through network days ago took me roughly mins FROM i to i I transferred TB folder over network days ago took me about hrs Never had these issues with XP running smaller hard ware Thank you Troy SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS i PC - bought this - months before my i CPUi - intelMoboGA-Z X-UD MemoryKingston x GB MHzHard DriveSeagate SATA x GB MB Cache amp Toshiba SATA x TB MB CacheGPU - if its necessaryAsus GT PSU - if its necessaryCooler master W i PC CPUi - intelMoboGA-X -UP MemoryCorsair x GB total gb MHzHard DriveSeagate SATA x TB MB Cache amp i forget make Toshiba Seagate SATA x TB MB CacheGPU - if its necessaryGigabyte GTX TiPSU - if its necessaryCooler master W

A:Slow transfer speeds, WHY?

What kind of LAN setup do you have? Router/switch, etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/276045-slow-transfer-speeds-why.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I'm doing a network for a small business. All the computers are on a domain and the domain controller is running on the server. I'm also trying to setup Active Directory so that users can login to their account at any of the six workstations in the building. However, for some reason I'm only getting ~46kb/s transfer rates across the network which is obviously pathetic. Consequently, Active Directory is impossible to do right now as there is no way to sync large amounts of files with such a slow transfer speed. I've included in the image below a rough sketch of how the network is laid out. Do any of you have any ideas as to why everything is going so slow?

Relevancy 75.25%

I am hoping someone might be able to shed some light on this problem. When transferring a 3 gig file from my NV+ to my internal hard drive I get speeds of around 300 Kb/s and message saying the transfer will take 18 hours.

When i transfer the same file to my wifes computer over the same network the speed jumps to 30MB/s which is what it should be. I cannot understand why this is happening as my wife's computer is way slower than mine with only a core 2 duo processor and 2 gig of ram.

We are both running windows 7, hers is home premium and mine is Ultimate both 64 bit. Any help greatly appreciated.

A:Slow Transfer Speeds from my NAS

How fast can you transfer from your computer to your wifes computer and vice versa?

It could be a problem with the router or switch, a cable, a network setting on your computer.

What are the rest of the parts in your network, make and model will help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/165371-slow-transfer-speeds-my-nas.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I'm doing a network for a small business. All the computers are on a domain and the domain controller is running on the server. I'm also trying to setup Active Directory so that users can login to their account at any of the six workstations in the building. However, for some reason I'm only getting ~46kb/s transfer rates across the network which is obviously pathetic. Consequently, Active Directory is impossible to do right now as there is no way to sync large amounts of files with such a slow transfer speed. I've included in the image below a rough sketch of how the network is laid out. Do any of you have any ideas as to why everything is going so slow?

A:Slow transfer speeds

have you had the lines tested? who ran them? how long ago were they run? what devices are in between? what type of NIC's are in the machines? all the same link speed & duplex? all on the same subnet? nothing accidentally hard coded? There's 7 questions to keep you busy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-transfer-speeds.705761/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hey new to the forum and short on ideas with a strange issue First the setup and application I frequently transfer quite large files - gigabit help; transfer Need speeds network GB from my primary system Vista Ultimate bit evga i mobo w onboard gigabit NICs to a PC used as a home theater PC Vista Home Premium bit asus P E VM-HDMI onboard NIC Need help; gigabit network transfer speeds I recently wired my home with cat and installed all gigabit hardware for distribution Linksys WRT router D-Link DGS- gigabit switch to improve network transfer speeds All HDDs are RPM SATAs My issue is this network transfer rates average only MB s from the primary to the HTPC--not even close to what I expected I've searched the net for suggestions but several fix attempts yielded no improvement diable IPv enable disable onboard NIC replace NIC I thought I had solved the issue this weekend when I found a suggestion to disable Vista autotuning level using the following in an elevated prompt on my primary system netsh interface tcp set global autotuning disabled After a reboot I attempted a file transfer and BOOM-- MB s I fixed it right Not exactly somehow after a few hours--with no other system or network changes--the transfer rates again dropped back to MB s I'm baffled So I try something that probably makes little sense I'm not very adept at network troubleshooting and set my MTU on the Linksys router to 'Fixed' at instead of 'auto' I have ATT DSL and had tested my connection previously with being the optimal MTU This I thought maybe did the trick on Sunday but again this morning my transfer rate is back down to MB s I'm not optimistic that theres an easy path toward troubleshooting and fixing this but I'm hoping for suggestions on where to go from here Can anyone who finished reading this chime-in with some ideas I'm fresh out

A:Need help; gigabit network transfer speeds

Do you have Vista SP1 installed? Vista without SP1 is known to have file transfer issues.

Also, do you have other machines you can move data between? If so, does it occur on them as well?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/208174-need-help-gigabit-network-transfer-speeds.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi I have read somewhere that Raid is Raid 5 Slow Transfer Speeds not supported in Windows Is this true please After my near loss of data today I rebuilt my Raid to with three Seagate Barracuda hard drives each at TB All are RPM speed and I am copying back my data from a new TB Seagate Hard drive which is also RPM on Windows X but the transfer speeds are down to odd MB S which is rubbish When I backed up files to the Raid 5 Slow Transfer Speeds TB drive I was getting transfer rates of about MB S Is it because it is Raid and it has to spread the files over the drives My motherboard is EvGA i which is very fast normally My C drive is an OCZ MB SSD and I have Gig of RAM on a Intel quad core so spec's are good If it is the Raid then I might buy Raid 5 Slow Transfer Speeds a raid controller to slot into the PCIE slot as that would be quicker I want Raid because if one drive goes down I can remove and replace without loss of data Thanks for loking

A:Raid 5 Slow Transfer Speeds

I have switched to a strip raid and backed up to another drive and that has increased transfer speeds to over 130 Mb/S

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/263076-raid-5-slow-transfer-speeds.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I am trying to transfer some data between two computers in my home using MSN Live Messenger. It had great connection speed before, and now it transfers about 12kb/s. Both computers when they download from other sites, they transfer at normal speeds. I have AVG on one of the computers, could it be slowing the transfer?

Relevancy 73.96%

So the long and short of it is my network transfer speeds have bottomed out and I have no idea why Here Drop In Sudden Speeds Transfer Network are the details -My computer is running Windows XP -I am on a college campus network and we are forced to connect to the internet via Sudden Drop In Network Transfer Speeds Cisco Clean Access Agent -I have Seagate Barracuda Gb s SATA drives GB and GB -My cabling is run through a hub in my room and then from the hub s uplink to the wall but my computer is the only one plugged into the hub I ve tried it direct to the wall Sudden Drop In Network Transfer Speeds as well and it doesn t seem to have a huge impact -I added a value to my registry in HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services Tcpip Parameters called TcpWindowSize with Decimal value which--I think this was the cause anyways--took transfer time for a MB file down to about minutes from - but last year I was averaging about minutes for a file this size -Download Speed kbps KB sec transfer rate Upload Speed kbps KB sec transfer rate from speakeasy net speedtest -I have tried Right click gt Repair on the LAN network in Network Connections but it didn t seem to do anything I think that about covers my situation Please inquire if you want need any more or more specific information I d really like to get my computer back to where it was Thanks for the help Bumble nbsp

A:Sudden Drop In Network Transfer Speeds

Welcome to TechSpot...

Have you use the tool TCP Optimizer from www.speedguide.net.
Match your current rated download speed with this program. 0 to 20MB down.

Are you using a switch or just a hub?
How old are these hub or switch you're using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-drop-in-network-transfer-speeds.97880/
Relevancy 73.96%

I get approx 70 MB/sec when transferring files on my windows 7 WORKGROUP network, everything on the network is GIGABIT enabled, (3 PC's, 1 Router, 1 gigabit switch, cat6 cables), so does an average speed of 70 MB/sec sound about right. tia

Windows 7 x64bit all pc's
PC1 Core i5 @ 4.5 GHz
PC2 Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 4GHz
PC3 Core 2 duo E8400 @ 4GHz
HDD's WD Greens

A:File transfer speeds on Win 7 GIGABIT network ?

Sounds about right to me for copying one large file say a video several GB in size. My setup was just 2 PCs. An AMD dual core with a gigablit card I added on, and an AMD quad core with built in gigabit wired ethernet. On my setup copying in one direction seemed a bit faster than the other. The fastest seemed to be sending from the quad core to the other machine. But even in the reverse direction I got about 80% of the speed. Seems I recall copying say a 5 GB file from the quad to the dual would start out at over 90 MB/s then taper off to a steady 60 MB/s or so. So I'd say you're in good shape.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/296847-file-transfer-speeds-win-7-gigabit-network.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi!

I just wanted to check if there's gonna be a significant change in transfer speeds if I purchase a gigabit switch/router for my NAS, I'm currently using Belkin N router with 10/100Mbps ports. All of my devices connected to the router have 1Gbps ethernet ports.

I have to transfer most of my files from NAS to PC and vice versa, and the transfer rates just seem very slow.

Thanks!

Relevancy 73.96%

Hi guys i ve got a bit of a problem at the moment with transfer speeds across my CAT A -Gigabit network The problem is Sometimes i can transfer files from the Server to my computer at MB s and sometimes alot of the time down below MB s It really is very random I have tryed disabling and enabling tools options on both the server and my computer but to no avail I Network Speeds on 10-Gigabit Random Transfer am the only one connected to the Server when i m transferring files like this so that Random Transfer Speeds on 10-Gigabit Network rules out excessive use of bandwidth I am just totally confused BOTH network adaptors are at gbps and it s still being really slow I ve tryed it on another computer on the network and it mostly gets MB s It uses the same cabling and is set at gbps The network switch is a Netgear Port Gigabit Switch GS Brought back in June The network cabling is CAT A -Gigabit Anyone have any ideas This problem occurs randomly Because the Server is accessed quite reguarly for files and apache during the day i need to get this fixed I am attaching screenys screenys of my computer one when slow and one when fast Also one at its fastest I am also attaching a screeny of the server s connection window Thanks for your help amp time guys nbsp

Relevancy 73.53%

Wow. This forum is popping since the 22nd. Nicely done guys.

Anyways I am getting ready to reload the official release over build 7201. So I have a seagate freeagent pro. I can use FireWire or USB 2.0 or esata but I don't have the esata cable

So transfering large or small files from 7 64bit over FireWire is DEAD slow. I am getting 4-12 mb/second transfers. Yes so my 56GB steam backup is taking over 3 1/2 hours to transfer. Any ideas on why it is Soooo slow and what should I try instead. I am going to use USB from now on too I figure it out.

Thanks for any info or ideas. Thanks!

A:Windows 7 slow FireWire transfer speeds

I too find it slow on my Seagate 320Gber. I don't think it's the type of cable rather a combo of speed property of the device and power source.

Also how much curent is used or required by your seagate (USB Controller property)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/32779-windows-7-slow-firewire-transfer-speeds.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I have a WD 2T HD 7200 RPM. Plugged in as a USB drive, the transfers speed is 7mg/sec, but if I use it as an internal SATA it's about 190mg/sec. I've tried 3 different USB interfaces with the 2T drive with the same results. Other USB HD's that I have aren't slow like this one is even with the same USB interface.

I have it set for better performance not quick removal and indexing is turned off. I bought this drive as an external USB HD and it?s 2.0 USB. I put it back in it?s original case and that didn?t help. It certainly wasn?t this slow with XP or WIN 7. Any suggestions?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/47748-2t-hd-slow-usb-transfer-speeds-but-fast-sata.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I have a WD 2T HD 7200 RPM. Plugged in as a USB drive, the transfers speed is 7mg/sec, but if I use it as an internal SATA it's about 190mg/sec. I've tried 3 different USB interfaces with the 2T drive with the same results. Other USB HD's that I have aren't slow like this one is even with the same USB interface.

I have it set for better performance not quick removal and indexing is turned off. I bought this drive as an external USB HD and it?s 2.0 USB. I put it back in it?s original case and that didn?t help. It certainly wasn?t this slow with XP or WIN 7. Any suggestions?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/47530-2t-hd-slow-usb-transfer-speeds-but-fast-sata.html
Relevancy 73.53%

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/47530-2t-hd-slow-usb-transfer-speeds-but-fast-sata.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi everyone I ve just upgraded my hard drive to TB and am now in the process of copying my iTunes library from my NAS to my local disk the whole purpose of me upgrading the drive was to do this as iTunes performs very slowly over the LAN My router is downstairs at home linked to the PC power using across speeds LAN over slow ethernet transfer Very in question upstairs using Netgear Ethernet over Power adapters I have just started the transfer of around GB but I am Very slow transfer speeds across LAN using ethernet over power only getting transfer speeds of KB per second - which Very slow transfer speeds across LAN using ethernet over power is going to take an absolute age Surely the transfer speed should be faster than this the Netgear units Very slow transfer speeds across LAN using ethernet over power support speeds of MB as I understand it Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can check and improve the connection speed here or increase the transfer rate for this specific project EDIT I am wondering if it would be quicker to use a USB wireless dongle and try that connection How can I definitively test one against the other to see which is fastest Thanks for reading nbsp

Relevancy 73.53%

Hey,

I am notices some seriously slow speeds when transferring files between either partitions or even to an external drive. The transfer speeds is running between 3mbs and 10mbs which feels very slow.

The machine is not dual booting other OS's and was formatted when installing Windows 8.

Is this normal?

Running an i7 quad core laptop, 8gb ram, 750mb hard drive

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/26721-mega-slow-transfer-speeds-between-partitions.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I have been fighting with this issue for hours and I give up I need help My PC specs below has ultra low lt kb s transfer Card Slow transfer USB/SD Ultra Speeds speeds while Ultra Slow USB/SD Card transfer Speeds transferring to SD or CF cards I have tried two different readers My internal USB Rosewell and a generic USB Both produce speeds well below spec nearly stopped Testing with my Linux Fedora laptop with the generic USB Card Reader produces mb s transfers I have turned off indexing remote differential compression and optimized the drives for performance Nothing changes the abysmal transfer speeds Any ideas I am stumped Code Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor AMD Phenom tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB M Ultra Slow USB/SD Card transfer Speeds Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC SABERTOOTH FX Antivirus Kaspersky Internet Security Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 73.53%

Hi guys new here so nice to meet you all and thanks in advance for any help offered Ok here goes I have a Asus K CB which i think is a Asian version bought in Indonesia Medan of the A CB not entirely sure though Ok so it transfer after Very random slow install HDD new speeds and was being a bit slow and crappy and my premier pro cc kept crashing in mid edits and yer i decided to do a fresh install with the CD i was given in indo no idea how legit it is but its all be Very slow and random HDD transfer speeds after new install ok so far Today i went to copy some movie files back to my secondary partition from my external HDD about gb worth in say files It starts at mb via USB and slows now i expect this but its slowing dramatically to about mb s and then it will pause on an error reading file i click skip and then it drops to - mb s and says transfer time of about - hours changes up and down I thought it was my external drive so i did some check from one partition to another and that is taking ages too but at around mb s now im not sure if that is slow id have thought that part-part transfers would be well above the transfer rate of USB I used HD Tune to check the reads and the hitachi is getting mb s and the external tosh about mb s id have thought there should be a much bigger difference between the two Very slow and random HDD transfer speeds after new install and neither explain why the transfers are so slow to desktop I tried to transfer from the external to my D partition and its the same speed As far as i know im up to date with all drivers for USB and chipset i have included a link to a folder with specs from CPU-Z and HD Tune https www asuswebstorage com navig AB CB A So im wondering what is wrong why its all slow and how i can fix it Thanks Brad

A:Very slow and random HDD transfer speeds after new install

ok updates, thing seem to have gotten better somewhat, but it seems to be when it hits a broken file, which are not broken as i can go and view them from the external fine, all of them.

im just uploading a video now

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/307113-very-slow-random-hdd-transfer-speeds-after-new-install.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello everyone first time post here I will make every attempt to make it brief A GB external drive failed on me and Speeds Transfer Slow Issues: VERY (related?) Two I needed to restore all the files mainly JPEGs from Backblaze I was in the process of downloading the GB compressed file to my Win machine and saw that my download speed was only Mbps According Two (related?) Issues: Transfer Speeds VERY Slow to Verizon FIOS my internet speed should be I added the Firefox plugin quot Internet Download Manager quot to try to speed things up If you do the math the download would take well over hrs In the middle there was a connection problem and I needed to start ALL over Besides upgrading the FIOS speed is there anything I can do on my computer's end to speed up the download Hardware software tweak plug-in etc In another possibly related issue I was transferring a very large GB file from my external HD connected to my Win Vista machine to my Win machine's internal HD and it also had a transfer speed of about Mbps The external HD on the Vista machine is connected by USB and the network is through my Verizon FIOS wireless N router The Win machine has a brand new DELL network card How can I fix or speed up these two problems Thanks so much for your suggestions

A:Two (related?) Issues: Transfer Speeds VERY Slow

The slow speed sounds like some sort of hard drive speed issue to me, but I'm probably wrong.

Regardless, here's a few ways to speed up your internet speeds.

1) Use a download manager that supports pausing and resuming downloads. This allows you to resume a "broken" download on most servers. My favorite download manager for Windows is Flashget 1.9. I don't particularly like the new version (3.5), but you might want to try that as well.
FlashGet(??)-Best Download Manager

2) Make sure that your download manager knows to use multiple connections. This simply causes the download manager to download multiple parts of the same file at the same time. It can speed up certain connections. This is automatically enabled in most download managers.

From what I've seen, USB 2.0 speeds when not using a system cache tend to average around 22-25 MB/s on my computer. In other words, you should be able to transfer a 1GB file in a bit less than a minute. Extrapolating onwards, you'll have over 60 GB in an hour and so on.

Downloads using a 10/2 internet connection such as your own should average to around 1.25 MB/s. In other words you should be able to download about 75MB a minute and 4.5 GB an hour. 150GB will take about 33 hours to download. If your download said 15 hours, you're downloading at approximately 2.5MB/s.

Keep in mind that your rated line speed is measured in Megabits per second and your actual download speed that you see is rated in Megabytes per second.

As a last note, you should know that most online file backup solution tend to have low download speeds. This is the one part of these services that tends to suck. While it's a great place to store your files in case of file loss, when you want to download the backups it will take much longer to download them than it would if you used a commercial file storage solution such as Rapidshare, Megaupload, Filefactory or Hotfile.

More info on the speeds and math involved:

Line Speeds from your ISP are rated in bits.

The download speed you see in your download manager/browser is rated in bytes.

There are 8 bits in a byte.

To learn how long it will take to download something:

First take your line speed (10/2) and convert the first number (10) from megabytes to megabits. To do this, simply divide that number by 8.

10 / 8 = 1.25 Megabytes/second

Once you have your download speed in megabytes, divide the total size of the file (in megabytes) by that number. If downloading a 143 GB file:

143,000 / 1.25 = 114,400 seconds

That number is the number of seconds it will take to download the file, divide it by 60 to get minutes and so on if you need hours.

114400 / 60 = 1906 minutes
1906 / 60 = 31.7 hours

This gives you a final answer of approximately 31.7 hours to download the 143GB file using a 10/2 line. This is approximate due to the fact that there are actually 1024 Megabytes in a Gigabyte (Dividing by 1000 is easier) and line speeds tend to vary more than they are constant.

As a general approximation, you can divide or multiply each level of bits and bytes by 1000 to get to the next level, the actual number is nearer to 1024.

~1000 Bytes in a Kilobyte
~1000 Kilobytes in a Megabyte
~1000 Megabytes in a Gigabyte
~1000 Gigabytes in a Terabyte

and so on...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/95229-two-related-issues-transfer-speeds-very-slow.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I ve had a TB Expansion Desktop Drive STBV or quot Regulatory Model SRD F quot which runs on UBS and is Seagate Transfer Ext.HDD Incredibly Speeds Slow backwards compatable with USB My - year old Samsung Notebook Series NP E C-A Seagate Ext.HDD Incredibly Slow Transfer Speeds AU Which has USB Slots and USB Slots From various quot Accidents quot with mice plugged into the USB Slots they are pretty wrecked but still go if set in a particular position The USB slots ran at a fair speed up until about months ago I cannot think of any changes to my PC or Ext HDD that may have caused an issue The USB slots work fine and do indeed run at a good speed not sure what exactly USB should run at when set up like that But it s usually up around MB s When transfering from my PC it s usually between - MB s I can confirm it is not the drives fault for this It runs fine on of my friends computers All moving the same GB file both from and too the drive all getting a high speed transfer Not sure of the speeds off the top of my head though definately higher than MB s I have reinstalled drivers for USB and updated everthing I can link logically and illogically to the USB ports in an effort to get everything working normal again I also have not tinkered with any of the settings on the drive from when I first got it but for all I know something may have been modified I can provide any info on that if it could help anyone Thanks for your time Weave nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seagate-ext-hdd-incredibly-slow-transfer-speeds.1132402/
Relevancy 73.53%

I'm having problem with slow wireless trasnfer speeds. 129kb/s slow. So here is my set up. Desktop with a 100MB nic card, running windows 7 ultimate, connected to linksys wrt320n running dd-wrt. then i have my laptop running windows 7 ultimate, connected to my wireless network.

I have tried coping files in the homegroup and outside of the homegroup. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Relevancy 73.53%

Hello everyone I decided to open this thread about a subject which has been discussed network gigabit using intranet transfer PCs Low speeds windows between widely in different forums on the net namely the extremely low transfer rates of data between PCs running Windows using a gigabit Low intranet transfer speeds between windows PCs using gigabit network network because I think to have observed something which - as far as I see - Low intranet transfer speeds between windows PCs using gigabit network was never reported anywhere else until now So this post is based on my report here which i will now republish in a slightly modified way I see the same problems many others are reporting i e low transfer rates between two windows PCs lt gt or lt gt over a gigabit network my transfer rates are never higher than MB s and go down to Low intranet transfer speeds between windows PCs using gigabit network a few MB s in many cases However I did carry out some test using the following software Downloads Totusoft And the results are impressive Testing the transfer of files of MB and GB in size I get up to Mbi s transfer rates in both direction and between all PCs which is what I would expect from my pc gigabit-network configuration So if transfer rates up to Mbi s are possible this corresponds to approx MB s if I'm not wrong than the problem cannot be hardware-related but must lie in some windows-related stuff I did not have this problem with my x win pc network only when I installed win on two of these PCs I started to get the limited rates For everyone observing the low transfer rates using the windows copy system please try the SpeedTestSoft I shared above run it more than one time to get some statistics and please report if you're observing the same stuff as I am So question remains what is the problem with windows which does not allow the high transfer speeds which are allowed on a hardware level Cheers

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/49283-low-intranet-transfer-speeds-between-windows-pcs-using-gigabit-network.html
Relevancy 72.67%

So I have quite an old PC running Windows and Ubuntu my laptop had died recently so I thought Slow since drive added hard speeds transfer new the logical thing to do was add the hard Slow transfer speeds since new hard drive added drive to the PC in the living room to give myself a bit of space amd also save some Slow transfer speeds since new hard drive added files bad mistake Since doing this my transfer speeds dont go above mb s it was telling me it would take hours to transfer gb I looked around and tried a few things like disconnecting the sata and adding it via device manager when the PC had booted up but still the problem persists i then tried to copy the files within Ubuntu which transfered the files within mins at normal speed This has obviouslt given me the conclusion that windows is telling it to go that slow for some reason and I can't for the life of me figure out why that would be hence me coming here with you lovely people The machine in question is old its a ghz dual core pentium with a gb ide hard drive and is primarily my download machine The hard drive I added is a gb sata drive that was freshly formated to NTFS upon adding it to the computer Can anyone shed some light on this conundrum for me please

A:Slow transfer speeds since new hard drive added

Hi
Did you add the ex-laptop drive to your desktop machine as secondary drive?
If above is true, is this connectoed to the same flat cable as slave? You probably dont have any jumpers to set the laptop drive as slave so what I would do is to connect this alone with his own cable to your desktop secondary IDE connector making sure you use the primary connector on the drive end.

Sorry I just realized that you mentioned the added laptop drive to be SATA not IDE as the original one.
In that case yes, windows is seeing this differently as obviously Ubuntu its seeing it as it works okay when running in Ubuntu.
I would be corious to see what happens if you connect the new drive through an USB Enclosure and see if is still extremely slow.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/335418-slow-transfer-speeds-since-new-hard-drive-added.html
Relevancy 72.67%

This sounds really noobie of me but is it possible to improve local network transfer speed by adding a 2nd network card. I was planning to connect one exclusively for lan transfers and another one hooked to a separate wireless router.

Right now only a maximum of 3 users can stream SD videos off the PC before it gets a little choppy.

The pc in question runs on windows 7 and it's board has built in gigabit, I happen to have a spare gigabit card.

A:Will adding a 2nd network card improve local network transfer speed

That won't really help the way you are describing the problem, although adding access points will help with streaming to wireless devices.

Although there is a setting in Group Policy that allows you to use two connections at the same time, I don't believe it will help in this situation.

I've done many HD movie streaming tests on my system.

I can stream from my media PC to at least 7 other machines at the same time, 4 wired, 3 wireless, plus my TV, and have no problems at all, no skipping, no freezing, even with the same movie in the same place or with 8 different movies at once, my TV is connected to my media center PC so counts as the 8th one.

This is Gb LAN, and 300Mbps wireless but even the 65Mbps limited laptop has no problem.

I'm not really sure why you are seeing these limitations but it may be the router.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/275341-will-adding-2nd-network-card-improve-local-network-transfer-speed.html
Relevancy 71.81%

EDIT New information again I tried copying the files without using a homegroup and it all worked just fine Any ideas as to why things transfer fine without a homegroup and just regular sharing but not with a home group Any help - Quite Transfer Win7 2 Slow PC's Need Strange Between - Data Speeds Homegrouped Help would be appreciated I would really rather use a homegroup instead of regular file sharing EDIT New information Still looking for help however new information I borrowed a friends laptop and connected it to the network wired connection and the same problem is happening That means the problem is clearly on the HTPC Any ideas what could be causing it the slowdown when transferring files from the HTPC to other PC s but leaving the HTPC able to copy files from others incoming files to HTPC fine outgoing files from HTPC slow Any Slow Data Transfer Speeds Between 2 Homegrouped Win7 PC's - Quite Strange - Need Help assistance would be appreciated Original Message Below Dear TechGuy Forums I am having an issue I am hoping someone here can help me with Currently I have two PC s one running Win Pro and the other Win Home The Win Pro PC is my gaming PC and the Win Home PC is my HTPC They are both linked via a router Cisco M Valet and both via wired connections Recently I thought it would be neat to turn my HTPC into a media file server as well so I can access files on it from my Win Pro Gaming PC As such I simply made a homegroup linked the two and added my media library on the HTPC to the list of folders to be shared on the homegroup Everything worked fine up-to that point here is where the problem comes in The HTPC can copy files from my Gaming PC without any issue can copy a MB file in a matter of seconds However when the Gaming PC tries to copy a file from the HTPC the transfer speed is in the area of - kbps Clearly something is wrong yet I have no way to tell what side the HomeGroup the problem is on Currently I don t suspect it to be on the HTPC side as I did a fresh install of Win and all related HTPC software XBMC Apps under weeks ago As such its about as fresh as a new born baby One thing that I find quite vexing is the gaming PC has zero problems with connection speed when it comes to the internet Nice and fast no problems The same is true for the HTPC Both are in the range of - Mbps Down and - Mbps Up As such its a very confusing problem I have also ran checks on all hard drives to search for bad sectors in case it was a hard drive issue yet nothing was found I also tried using a different router a WRT GL to make sure it was not something like that the symptoms were the same I really think its a network problem it is just outside of the realm of my expertise Both PC s specs in full are below any ideas to narrow down the problem or things I can check would be most helpful Thank you very much for your time and assistance everyone Its most appreciated -S Specs Gaming PC OS Windows Pro HDD Seagate Barracuda ST AS amp Western Digital Cav Green WD EZRS TB CPU AMD FX Memory GB DDR mhz Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth FX - Bios Video Cards x Sapphire AMD GB Virus Scanner MS Security Essentals Windows Updates Up To Date HTPC OS Windows Home HDD Western Digital Cav Green WD AUDX GB CPU AMD A - Llano GHz Memory GB Corsair XMS DDR Motherboard ASRock A M-HVS Video Radeon HD D - On CPU Virus Scanner MS Security Essentals Windows Updates Up To Date nbsp

A:Slow Data Transfer Speeds Between 2 Homegrouped Win7 PC's - Quite Strange - Need Help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-data-transfer-speeds-between-2-homegrouped-win7-pcs-quite-strange-need-help.1073257/
Relevancy 71.81%

EDIT New information Still looking for help however new information I borrowed a friends laptop and connected it to the network wired connection and the same problem is happening That means the problem is clearly on the HTPC Any ideas what could be causing it the slowdown when transferring files from the HTPC to other PC's but leaving the HTPC able to copy files from others incoming files to HTPC fine outgoing files from HTPC slow Any assistance Between Needed Speeds 2 Slow Help Data - Homegroup Win7 Transfer PC's would be appreciated Original Message Below Dear Seven Forums I am having an Homegroup Slow Data Transfer Speeds Between 2 Win7 PC's - Help Needed issue I am hoping someone here can help me with Currently I have two PC's one running Win Pro and the other Win Home The Win Pro PC is my gaming PC and the Win Home Homegroup Slow Data Transfer Speeds Between 2 Win7 PC's - Help Needed PC is my HTPC They are both linked via a router Cisco M Valet and both via wired connections Recently I thought it would be neat to turn my HTPC into a media file server as well so I can access files on it from my Win Pro Gaming PC As such I simply made a homegroup linked the two and added my media library on the HTPC to the list of folders to be shared on the homegroup Everything worked fine up-to that point here is where the problem comes in The HTPC can copy files from my Gaming PC without any issue can copy a MB file in a matter of seconds However when the Gaming PC tries to copy a file from the HTPC the transfer speed is in the area of - kbps Clearly something is wrong yet I have no way to tell what side the HomeGroup the problem is on Currently I don't suspect it to be on the HTPC side as I did a fresh install of Win and all related HTPC software XBMC Apps under weeks ago As such its about as fresh as a new born baby One thing that I find quite vexing is the gaming PC has zero problems with connection speed when it comes to the internet Nice and fast no problems The same is true for the HTPC Both are in the range of - Mbps Down and - Mbps Up As such its a very confusing problem I have also ran checks on all hard drives to search for bad sectors in case it was a hard drive issue yet nothing was found I also tried using a different router a WRT GL to make sure it was not something like that the symptoms were the same I also tried replacing the cables for the network and that did not help I really think its a network problem it is just outside of the realm of my expertise I really hope this great community can help me with my problem Both PC's specs in full are below any ideas to narrow down the problem or things I can check would be most appreciated Thank you very much for your time everyone -S Specs Gaming PC OS Windows Pro HDD Seagate Barracuda ST AS amp Western Digital Cav Green WD EZRS TB CPU AMD FX Memory GB DDR mhz Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth FX - Bios Video Cards x Sapphire AMD GB Virus Scanner MS Security Essentals Windows Updates Up To Date HTPC OS Windows Home HDD Western Digital Cav Green WD AUDX GB CPU AMD A - Llano GHz Memory GB Corsair XMS DDR Motherboard ASRock A M-HVS Video Radeon HD D - On CPU Virus Scanner MS Security Essentals Windows Updates Up To Date

A:Homegroup Slow Data Transfer Speeds Between 2 Win7 PC's - Help Needed

Still looking for help, however new information. I borrowed a friends laptop and connected it to the network (wired connection) and the same problem is happening. That means the problem is clearly on the HTPC. Any ideas what could be causing it the slowdown when transferring files from the HTPC to other PC's but leaving the HTPC able to copy files from others (incoming files to HTPC fine, outgoing files from HTPC slow).

Any assistance would be appreciated.

-S

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/259288-homegroup-slow-data-transfer-speeds-between-2-win7-pcs-help-needed.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi-have been struggling with my system taking 2-3 minutes to find drivers for any memory stick I plug in to any of 3 USB ports on my Acer 1810T. When the process finally completes, the transfer speeds are about 1MB/s or less.

Another (possibly related?) problem is when I insert any SD card in the dedicated slot for the first time, everything is fine. Once I remove and either re-insert (or insert a different card), nothing appears. I get a message saying "process is already in memory". I have to reboot to get things working again.

Any advice greatly appreciated,

Fugue

A:USB Sticks slow transfer speeds, system takes forever to load drivers

Hello fugue,

Are you properly ejecting all devices? There should be an option to safely remove devices.

Do you have all windows updates installed?

Go into device manager and look for any exclaimation marks. If you see some, update those drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/211815-usb-sticks-slow-transfer-speeds-system-takes-forever-load-drivers.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I have 3 computers on my network. I can transfer large files on 2 computers with no problems. One computer has XP pro and the other has Win 2000. On the 3rd computer I have Win 98. When I try to transfer a large file, say 800MB the system locks up. This computer has a 550 mhz amd prossesor and 256 mb of memory. I'm running a DSL router and can download large files through the internet but not through my network on this win98 computer! Any suggestions? Thanks

Relevancy 66.22%

I'm using a hub and have 2 different computers hooked up to it, mine being the server. I don't know what kind of network you would classify it as but I'm using it to ftp files to different computers, hope this makes since. But anyway, whenever I hook the cable directly computer to computer I get transfer speeds of about 9-10mb but whenever I run it through the hub I don't get anything over 1mb. Anyone have any idea why the hub would be slowing things down?

Thanks,
Trigg

A:Slow Network Speeds

Replace it with a 10/100 switch or if you are on broadband, a router with built-in 10/100 switch.

Hubs let through selective traffic from one user at a time, whereas switches let through all traffic simultaneously.

It also sounds as if you have some slow 10MB NICs. Replace these with 10/100 NICs

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-network-speeds.16053/
Relevancy 66.22%

Currently have a WiFi network setup for internet. Both computers connect to the router via WiFi Dongles. Which is running no problems.

Each computer is then plugged into a network switch (cheap 4 port stand alone unit) via Ethernet cables (gigabit ports) and into the switch I have also have a WD My Cloud.

Having various issues, such as unidentified network, network being defaulted back to public, the ip addresses I have assigned being reset to obtain automatically and only getting transfer speeds of 3MB/s

Running windows 10. No home group/work group setup, have 1 drive on the other computer shared and mapped as a network drive.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

A:LAN Network Slow speeds

update, problem fix with the following. Thanks 100MB/s on large files

Originally Posted by liqetsia911

This seemed to work for me:

Disabling “Large Send Offload (LSO)”

Large Send Offload is a technique of improving network performance while at the same time reducing CPU overhead. Apparently it does not work very well, so it was suggested to disable it. If you would like to know about LSO, check this MSDN article from 2001 (Task Offload (NDIS 5.1) (Windows Drivers)).

LSO is an option located in a Device Manager under your network adapter, so this solution requires Administrator Privileges.

Follow these steps:
1.Open Start Menu, right-click on Computer and select Properties
2.Under Control Panel Home located on the left side of the window click on Device Manager
3.You will get a list of all devices on your machine. Expand Network Adapters.
4.Find your Network Card and double-click on it.
5.Select Advanced tab. You will get a list filled with different options.
6.Select Large Send Offload V2 (IPv4) and set the value to Disabled
7.Do the same for Large Send Offload V2 (IPv6) if it is available
8.Click OK

After clicking OK, tried to send a file over the LAN network. Transfer speed started very slow, but it was gradually picking up speed. Decided to restart the computer and try to send that file again and this time it worked like a charm.

Now that sending of files worked as it should, also checked speed for receiving files. It turned out that it was still slow but all that was needed to fix was to disable Large Send Offload V2 on the other computer. Once done, problem was solved for receiving files as well.

Hope this works for you guys / girls

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/42543-lan-network-slow-speeds.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello everyone,
I have 3 or 4 devices connected via a wireless connection, 2 of which are in the same room. Roughly a week ago, my desktop (Vista OS) started to suffer from severely reduced download speeds (5-30kb/s), while my laptop (also Vista OS) which is on the same wireless network continues to run at normal speeds (500kb/s-1mb/s).

I have tried a system restore, scanning for viruses, updating/disabling antivirus and firewalls, connecting directly to LAN, changed wireless interface speed from g to b to mixed, changed wireless channels from 1-6-11, nothing seems to work.

I have a Thomson TG782T router with a D-Link wireless card (which is rather old). I will be happy to post system specs if it helps diagnose this problem.

Please feel free to move this if it should be in the hardware section, I'm thinking it may be a hardware issue.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 64.93%

Win XP Pro SP2
Hey everyone. I have an issue that's driving me nuts. All of a sudden my internet download speed seems to have dropped. But, when viewing my connection or doing online speed tests, the speeds are actually great. I cannot stream video most of the time and images take longer than ever before to load. Web pages sometimes load fast and other times they will hang for a little while before downloading. If I try to download a file, my download box pops up but takes at least a minute or two to begin showing progress. Its as if im behind a proxy or something. The real kicker is that when im in safe mode with networking my speeds are great. My actually system is working as smooth as ever. Any suggestions here?

Thanks,

Mike

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/382219/internet-speeds-slow-one-one-computer-in-network/
Relevancy 64.07%

Right.

I have no idea why this is occurring. I have full wi-fi signal and I have a fast broadband connection.

Every now and again the connection speed to just one PC drops to a point where there is almost no activity. I get various "connection timed out" and "DNS lookup failed" errors, then after about 10 minutes of frustration everything works again.

I know this problem is isolated to just this one PC as I have done Internet speed tests from another computer.

I have tried using different wireless cards, resetting the router, changing DNS servers. Nothing has worked.
Help?

A:Inconsistent (slow) Internet speeds only on one PC in home network

Hello,

go to start > run > type : ipconfig /all

please paste the information into this thread

also go to your router settings and name us the currently set DNS servers

regards,
John

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/inconsistent-slow-internet-speeds-only-on-one-pc-in-home-network.1033437/
Relevancy 64.07%

Ok I have computers on a home network Windows XP and one Redhat Linux Fedora Core About a month ago one of the windows boxes 1 computer network now has file transfer on network slow a internet suddenly and on suddenly went 1 computer on a network suddenly now has slow file transfer on internet and network from about Kb s download to Kb s download from various newsgroups Also when trying to pull AND push files to that same box it is a very slow file transfer I didn t load any new 1 computer on a network suddenly now has slow file transfer on internet and network software in that time and I waited so long because at the time the newsgroup server that I am using reported problems associated with Hurricane Rita This of course doesn t explain the network speed I ve run speed tests on all the other computers and they all report download speeds of about Kb s and upload speeds of about Kb s except the one and it has download speeds of about Kb s and upload speeds the same about Kb s After I noticed the speed reduction I loaded a firewall Protowall and I downloaded the latest beta of Microsoft Anti-Spyware and ran it Also I have Norton with the latest updates and it reports no problems Please let me know if you need more info or if someone had any general tips to try I am about at the end of my rope and reformatting looks like the only other option to me Thanks Mike in Ohio Edit Forgot to say I went to differnt speed testing web sites and they all report the download speed the same on that one box about Kb s and the others are around Kb s nbsp

A:1 computer on a network suddenly now has slow file transfer on internet and network

Are all the computers wired similarly? All run to the same router/switch?

You should check the cable of the problematic machine, try using ping to the router with 1400 byte packets. Also, boot up some CD Linux or equivalent and see what speeds you get from there - helps to rule out any problems with the operating system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1-computer-on-a-network-suddenly-now-has-slow-file-transfer-on-internet-and-network.35247/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hey guys, I've been having some issues with my download/upload speeds lately after upgrading mobo/processor and OS to 7 x64 and I haven't been able to track it. My average wired on other computers are around: 25 (download), 7 (upload) and wireless I generally see: 13 (download), 4 (upload).

This particular setup was okay before, and I have another wireless router set up on the other side of my wall giving me full service. I don't have wireless problems with any other devices other then this one.

Current connect speed: 54 mb/s.
Wireless adapter: Tenda W311U 11N
Desktop Wireless:
Laptop Wireless:

A:Deadly Slow Network Speeds, software or hardware related?

Another forgotten detail is that everyone once in a while, the Windows networking service will crash, and a lot of my visual settings will change to basic until I run the troubleshooter which starts the networking service back up again. I'm sure they're related.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/267873-deadly-slow-network-speeds-software-hardware-related.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I set up a network folder on one of my computers and I use another computer on the network to manage the files on it. It all works fine until I try to copy a file or folder from one location on the network drive to another location on the same network drive. Instead of copying the file locally, the network computer sends the file to my remote computer, which sends it back to the same network computer. This means it takes ages to copy large files because they go over the network completely unnecessarily. Is there a way to fix this issue? Can I tell Windows not to transfer files across the network when it's unnecessary? Thanks for any help!

A:Slow speeds copying files locally on a network drive

Quote: Originally Posted by Altay

I set up a network folder on one of my computers and I use another computer on the network to manage the files on it. It all works fine until I try to copy a file or folder from one location on the network drive to another location on the same network drive. Instead of copying the file locally, the network computer sends the file to my remote computer, which sends it back to the same network computer. This means it takes ages to copy large files because they go over the network completely unnecessarily. Is there a way to fix this issue? Can I tell Windows not to transfer files across the network when it's unnecessary? Thanks for any help!

Need a ton more info

Are you using "homegroup"

How is the folder set up? is it a simple share. or more advanced

Do you have a win 7dvd to do a repair install?

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/91807-slow-speeds-copying-files-locally-network-drive.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi all and thanks for this great forum I having issues with my new home network setup So Im hoping you guyes could help me out Im getting really slow speed over the home network Especially from my computer to my readynas transferspeeds around kbps In addition I cant access my NWA via the ip adress My setup is Modem Router from internet supplyer Zhone ZyXEL ES - Switch ZyXEL NWA Access point ReadyNAS Im using win on a dell XPS computer Here is some information hope you can understand its in norwegian Microsoft Windows Versjon Copyright c Microsoft Corporation Med enerett C connect network, speeds cannot over Slow to NWA1100 home ZyXel and more Users Eirik gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP-konfigurasjon Vertsnavn Eirik-PC Prim r DNS-suffiks Nodetype Hybrid IP-ruting aktivert Nei WINS Proxy aktivert Nei S keliste for DNS-suffiks iad ventelo no Tr dl st LAN-kort Tr dl s nettverkstilkobling Medietilstand Medium frakoblet Tilkoblingsspesifikt DNS-suffiks Beskrivelse Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Fysisk adresse - F- F- B- - DHCP aktivert Ja Automatisk konfigurasjon aktivert Ja Tr dl st LAN-kort Tr dl s nettverkstilkobling Medietilstand Medium frakoblet Tilkoblingsspesifikt DNS-suffiks iad ventelo no Beskrivelse n Wireless LAN Card Fysisk adresse - F- F- B- - DHCP aktivert Ja Automatisk konfigurasjon aktivert Ja Slow speeds over home network, cannot connect to ZyXel NWA1100 and more Ethernet-kort Lokal tilkobling Tilkoblingsspesifikt DNS-suffiks iad ventelo no Beskrivelse Intel R DC- GB nettverkstilkobling Fysisk adresse - - - E-B - DHCP aktivert Ja Automatisk konfigurasjon aktivert Ja Koblingslokal IPv -adresse fe f d e e Foretrukket IPv -adresse Foretrukket Nettverksmaske Leieavtale inng tt mars Leieavtale utl per mars Standard gateway DHCP-server DHCPv -IAID DHCPv klient-DUID - - - - -F - B- - - - - E-B - DNS-servere NetBIOS over Tcpip Aktivert Tunnelkort isatap iad ventelo no Medietilstand Medium frakoblet Tilkoblingsspesifikt DNS-suffiks iad ventelo no Beskrivelse Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Fysisk adresse - - - - - - -E DHCP aktivert Nei Automatisk konfigurasjon aktivert Ja Tunnelkort Lokal tilkobling Tilkoblingsspesifikt DNS-suffiks Beskrivelse Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Fysisk adresse - - - - - - -E DHCP aktivert Nei Automatisk konfigurasjon aktivert Ja IPv -adresse ef fb cd f ae d f Foret rukket Koblingslokal IPv -adresse fe cd f ae d f Foretrukket Standard gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Deaktivert Tunnelkort TO Adapter Tilkoblingsspesifikt DNS-suffiks iad ventelo no Beskrivelse Microsoft to Adapter Fysisk adresse - - - - - - -E DHCP aktivert Nei Automatisk konfigurasjon aktivert Ja IPv -adresse bf a bf a Foretrukket Standard gateway c c DNS-servere NetBIOS over Tcpip Deaktivert Tunnelkort isatap B C -D - D - C -DFFED B C Medietilstand Medium frakoblet Tilkoblingsspesifikt DNS-suffiks Beskrivelse Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Fysisk adresse - - - - - - -E DHCP aktivert Nei Automatisk konfigurasjon aktivert Ja C Users Eirik gt PING Pinger med byte data Svar fra byte tid lt ms TTL Svar fra byte tid lt ms TTL Svar fra byte tid lt ms TTL Svar fra byte tid lt ms TTL Ping-statistikker for Pakker sendt mottatt tapt tap Gjennomsnittlig tid for tur-retur i millisekunder minimum ms maksimum ms gjennomsnittlig ms C Users Eirik gt PING Pinger med byte data Svar fra byte tid ms TTL Svar fra byte tid ms TTL Svar fra byte tid ms TTL Svar fra byte tid ms TTL Ping-statistikker for Pakker sendt mottatt tapt tap Gjennomsnittlig tid for tur-retur i millisekunder minimum ms maksimum ms gjennomsnittlig ms C Users Eirik gt PING Pinger med byte data Svar fra byte tid ms TTL Svar fra byte tid ms TTL Svar fra byte tid ms TTL Svar fra byte tid ms TTL Ping-statistikker for Pakker sendt mottatt tapt tap Gjennomsnittlig tid for tur-retur i millisekunder minimum ms maksimum ms gjennomsnittlig ms C Users Eirik gt PING Pinger med byte data Foresp rsel avbrutt Foresp rsel avbrutt Foresp rsel avbrutt Foresp rsel avbrutt Ping-statistikker for Pakker sendt mottatt... Read more

A:Slow speeds over home network, cannot connect to ZyXel NWA1100 and more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-speeds-over-home-network-cannot-connect-to-zyxel-nwa1100-and-more.1044723/
Relevancy 61.49%

Guys can someone help me out on trying to resolve an issue I m having on my network I have Main PCs One in the Gameroom--Media Server Windows bit onboard Gigabit Nic MSI AMD G Chipset One in the Office-- Windows from Win7 Win7 XP Win7 machine. to Fine. Speeds Transfer Slow to XP MCE INTEL Gigabit PCI One in the Living Room--HTPC Windows bit onboard Gigabit Nic GIGABYTE AMD G Chipset I just upgraded all my systems to new hard drives in hopes of archiving all DVDs onto the server and streaming them from there to the other machines All connections are working fine and I can move around files between machines no problem My issues I can get - MB s between the HTPC and the Server The most I can get out of my Office and the Server is - MB Slow Transfer Speeds from XP to Win7 machine. Win7 to Win7 Fine. s The OS drives in the Office and HTPC machines are Identical Samsung F drives The drives on the server I m sending files to are Samsung F drives I just did fresh OS intalls on these drives when I placed them into service I used all windows drivers except for the Intel NIC in which I used the supplied drivers for it Can anyone tell me why my XP machine can t pull the same mustard as the other machine It really has me puzzled Thanks Mike nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

My computer has extremely slow download speeds, upload speeds are fine. Ping is always at ~10-20ms. (to Google) The problem has nothing to do with, my ISP, my router, my type of connection. I know this for a fact.

I've tried multiple network adapters. USB WiFi, integrated WiFi, connecting through another PC via ethernet, they all give the same result.

I'm guessing this is a problem with some software on the PC itself, as it seems to not be a hardware problem.

All other devices on the network have perfectly fine speeds, including Ethernet and WiFi connected devices.
I also cannot connect this PC to Ethernet, would take hours.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

A:Slow download speeds, Fast upload speeds. Other devices are fine.

In device manager check the status of devices under Network Adapters

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/344804-slow-download-speeds-fast-upload-speeds-other-devices-fine.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I'm having a very strange issue here I have two machines one Windows Professional machine as a client and an XP Pro machine that I'm using as a server a game server However to install the files I need on the server very slow Transfer Network I have to transfer them from my client thus switching roles but don't let that confuse you The only issue is when connecting to the internet I get about Mb s transfer rates on both machines however when using Windows Explorer to transfer files from the client to the server the file transfer speed is about bytes per second Yes bytes But here's the kicker when I use Network Transfer very slow a program called TerraCopy to transfer files it moves the files much faster about - MB s What on earth could this possibly be Oh yes I'm using a wireless network but I Network Transfer very slow also tried using a different router and hard wiring both machines together and got the exact same result

A:Network Transfer very slow

Turn off Remote Differential Compression.
Go to windows programs/features..then 'turn windows features on/off'.

Then wack that worthless 'option'.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/94226-network-transfer-very-slow.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Today, I bought an External Hard Drive...WD My Book Live 2TB

When transfering all my music and films to it... I noticed I was getting a peak transfer speed of 10 MBps

My BT Infinity Modem can apparently handle up to 1,000 Mbps.

My math tells me that 1,000 / 8 != 10...

What is bottle-necking my speed? How can I fix that?

I am using Ethernet cables to do it all....

It is not the external Hard drive, it has a built in CPU to help with the speeds and remote cloud access...

I noticed this problem in the past but haven't a clue...

A:Slow network transfer

I take it that your NIC is set up to transmit data at 1000Mbps, under the Network Connections properties? (apologies in advance if this is ridiculously obvious! )

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-network-transfer.181250/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have 3-Com NIC cards (10/100 PCI TX NIC 3C905B-TX)in both Pentium III (one 450 the other 500)computers. The transfer rate seems to be terribly slow. MP3 files, for instance, (3 or four totalling about 16 mbs) take about an hour to transfer from one computer to the other. I have run diagnostic programs and checked the little lights on the cards and all seems okay. I live in Florida and have the cable running through the ceiling. I wonder if the heat is causing the rate to slow?

Thanks for any help.

Ken

Relevancy 61.06%

Hi there i was wondering if you could help me this problem i ve been having for the past days now I recently downgraded from Vista to XP and ever since then i ve had download speeds of kb s or less Before now i couldn t get onto anywebsites because it would time out things like www download very are fine, are speeds and speeds upload slow. Browsing yahoo com would take about minutes to open properly I did notice that when i was asked which partition to install XP on there was sub partitions on the Browsing speeds are fine, download and upload speeds are very slow. C drive for some reason Anyway long story short i managed to fix it by using the format option from booting the pc with the vista installation disk then put xp in etc So browsing speeds are normal for me but i can t get on my online games because it just times out due to the slow download speeds and anything large in size takes extremely long to download even with internet download manager I ve been waiting minutes for windows live messenger to finish downloading and installing and it still hasn t done so If you could have a look at my hijack this log and let me know what you see wrong it d be much appreciated thanks Not sure if this is to do with a virus ran AVG Malawarebytes etc and they haven t picked anything up Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgfws exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgam exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe C Program Files LClock LClock exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files VIA VIAudioi HDADeck HDeck exe C WINDOWS system ICO EXE C WINDOWS system FSRremoS EXE C Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software LCD Manager LCDMon exe C WINDOWS system Pelmiced exe C Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software G-series Software LGDCore exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Internet Download Manager IDMan exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files Internet Download Manager IEMonitor exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Serena My Documents Downloads Programs wlsetup-custom exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO IDM Helper - C - - B-A BF- B C A A - C Program Files Internet Download Manager IDMIECC dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - HKLM Run UnlockerAssistant C Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe -H O - HKLM Run LClock C Program Files LClock LClock exe O - HKLM Run HDAudDeck C Program Files VIA VIAudioi HDADeck HDeck exe O - HKLM Run Mouse Suite Daemon ICO EXE O - HKLM Run Launch LCDMon quot C Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software LCD Manager LCDMon exe quot O - HKLM Run Launch LGDCore quot C Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software G-series Software LGDCore exe quot SHOWHIDE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKCU Run IDMan C Program Files Internet Download Manager IDMan exe onboot O - HKUS S- - - R... Read more

A:Browsing speeds are fine, download and upload speeds are very slow.

Doing a Panda Security Activescan right now, telling me at 25% it's already found over 100 infections.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/browsing-speeds-are-fine-download-and-upload-speeds-are-very-slow.853233/
Relevancy 61.06%

My new HP laptop -ac nx Intel very speeds battery normal slow HP but Wifi on speeds... Laptop Core i GHz HP Laptop Wifi very slow speeds on battery but normal speeds... GB RAM TB HDD running Windows bit has a serious wifi problem Ever since HP Laptop Wifi very slow speeds on battery but normal speeds... I have bought the laptop Wifi internet speeds seem to be comparitively very slow on battery than when plugged in I have a Mbps connection which provides a reasonable browsing and download speed on all my other devices The issue with this laptop is that when running on battery and connected using wifi even opening a webpage such as facebook or youtube takes an awfully lot of time lets say like to seconds and sometimes much more whereas if I do the same with the power cord plugged in the web pages appear as HP Laptop Wifi very slow speeds on battery but normal speeds... soon as I click their links i e Vey Fast Instantaneously nbsp nbsp To add further clarity to the situation I tested the download speed of a particular file while running on battery and with the cord plugged in I started the download of a file Java Development Kit MB using chrome with the cord plugged in and navigated to the chrome downloads page to monitor the download progress The download speed was about - Kbps Midway through the download I removed the power cord Immediately the speeds dropped down to - Kbps and sometimes even much lower nbsp After approximately seconds I plugged the cord back in and wow the download speed went back up to approx a Kbps After sometime I removed the cord again and as a result the speed dropped down again Plugged the cord again and it rose back up NOw this can't be coincidence since I have tried this with multiple files from multiple servers and am experiencing the same behaviour nbsp THe list of things dome so far but have had no results THe problem persists Number One nbsp Open DEVICE MANAGER Open up NETWORK ADAPTERS Right click on the WiFi Adapter for the pc and left click on PROPERTIES Click on POWER MANAGEMENT at the top Remove the check mark beside ALLOW THE COMPUTER TO TURN OFF THIS DEVICE TO SAVE POWER Click OK nbsp Left click on nbsp Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller and select Properties Click on POWER MANAGEMENT at the top Remove the check mark beside ALLOW THE COMPUTER TO TURN OFF THIS DEVICE TO SAVE POWER Click OK Restart just to be extra sure nbsp Number Two Flushed the DNSRestart nbsp Number Threereset the nbsp TCP IP nbsp stack Restart nbsp Number FourUninstalled the WIfi driver and reinstalled it from the HP website nbsp Number FiveUpdated Windows My windows ten is on the latest build with all the updates installed nbsp Number SixLeft CLicking on the start button and selecting power options - gt Next i clicked Change Plan Settings next to the currently selected power plan which was High Performance and clicked Change Advanced Power Settings Next Under Wireless Adapter Settings-Power Saving Mode was set to Maximum Performance both on Battery and Plugged in Note The above point was tried and tested on all power plans i e Hp recommended Power Saving and unbundle nbsp Here is some info about my wireless adapter Realtek RTL BE bgn WIfi Adapter THere has nbsp been no imporvement whatsoever even after trying all these actions multiple time Will be really glad if someone could help What is the point of having a portable computer if I have to keep it plugged in for using the internet Even just web browsing is slow and unsatisfactory on the battery Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Laptop-Wifi-very-slow-speeds-on-battery-but-normal-speeds/td-p/5756486
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi i have bought a notebook with vista 32 bit home basic and didnt like vista so i upgraded it to windows 7 64bit after 1 day usage. Generally i found new os fine but i have a problem with file copying from my desktop (running xp sp3). My transfer speed is only 1.5 mbyte per second. Notebook has atheros 5007eg (54mbit) wireless lan and desktop has realtek gigabit lan. And my router is airties rt-205 with 125mbit wireless signal.
I have done the following things but it's still same.

*netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable.
*Turn off Remote Differential Compression.
*Disabled Remote Assistance.
*Unchecked ipv6.

Is there any other way to fix the problem?

A:Slow File Transfer Over Network

You can try disabling Netbios in the ip config pages for each machine. Install NetBEUI to each machine. Google it. Not difficult. Reboot each machine after.

Now test your speeds.

If the notebook is the only machine on your network that uses wireless, set the router to G standard for wireless. Not Super G, or any other fancy name. Only G. If there is an 802.11g Only Mode in the router's settings, apply that.

If there is a preamble setting in the router, set it to short.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/25843-slow-file-transfer-over-network.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Using Easy Transfer from a Win7 desktop to a W7 laptop [over a network] a 17.5 GB data partition transfer took over 5hrs. It all went smoothly but ... is this a reasonable time ?

A:Slow network W7 'Easy Transfer' between PCs ?

The "Easy Transfer" is nice and easy but it is definately SLOW. That is IMHO completely normal

In fact when I use it I use iot to transfer the user account and all setings but NOT my main user files. Those I transfer by hand so then it only takes a few minutes for the easy transfer portion then maybe a half hour or something for the files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/154931-slow-network-w7-easy-transfer-between-pcs.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi,

I just bought a new 500 GB network server, and I hooked it into my wireless router (Netgear MR814v2). I wanted to transfer a bunch of files to it from my laptop, which accesses the network wirelessly (probably not a word, but you know what I mean), but the first time I went to transfer a 4 GB iso file, it came up that the transfer was going to take 149 minutes. Now granted, that's a big file, but that's pretty slow. I should point out (if it's not obvious) that I know next to nothing about networking. I've fudged my way through it so far, but I want to be able to speed up the file transfer in order to use this drive effectively.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Relevancy 60.63%

I used to be able to transfer files between my home built NAS (W7U64) with around MB/s now its less than KB/s. Both computers will quickly access the internet and download quickly from the internet. My netbook will do 3MB/s over wifi.
Setup
Desktop: W7U64, 4gb ram, intel 2 core 3ghz, 100mb/s network adapter
100 foot cat6
Dlink dir-825
3 foot cat 5
NAS: W7U64, 4gb ram, intel 2 core 2.8ghz, 100mb/s network adapter

Actually the connection was even more complex before with faster speeds.
I've tried everything. Uninstal avg, set to 100mb/s full dubplex, disabled firewalls, disabled network compression.
The only thing that has changed was my brother installed something with tons of bloatware that was somewhat stubborn to remove on the desktop.

A:Network transfer used to be fast now slow

Quote: Originally Posted by ytypo123

I used to be able to transfer files between my home built NAS (W7U64) with around MB/s now its less than KB/s. Both computers will quickly access the internet and download quickly from the internet. My netbook will do 3MB/s over wifi.
Setup
Desktop: W7U64, 4gb ram, intel 2 core 3ghz, 100mb/s network adapter
100 foot cat6
Dlink dir-825
3 foot cat 5
NAS: W7U64, 4gb ram, intel 2 core 2.8ghz, 100mb/s network adapter

Actually the connection was even more complex before with faster speeds.
I've tried everything. Uninstal avg, set to 100mb/s full dubplex, disabled firewalls, disabled network compression.
The only thing that has changed was my brother installed something with tons of bloatware that was somewhat stubborn to remove on the desktop.

RE-install Ethernet driver?

Run IPCONFIG /ALL and upload a snapshot of the output.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/184119-network-transfer-used-fast-now-slow.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi All Here is my problem In this case I transfer speed network over Slow am trying to transfer pictures from one of my XP systems to my Windows Home Premium system over my wired network Between the XP systems things run fairly quick But not with involved When I go to transfer the pictures that I want it tells me that it will take minutes And this is for only MB of data Tell me this can get better Being new to I have no idea where to look for the problem I tried searching Microsoft's site and the help files on my system I just can't find a solution Here is Slow transfer speed over network some more info and maybe some you don't need On the Windows system I can access all the shared folders on my other systems all XP SP If I go to the network map my other systems are marked as quot The following discovered devices can not be placed in the map quot I don't know if that is a problem or not The reason I did that is because I was reading through the Microsoft site Slow transfer speed over network on file sharing and that was mentioned It also mentions a program called LLTD which may be needed on -bit XP systems I tried installing that on my Slow transfer speed over network XP system but it said I didn't need it As far as the file transfer while sitting at my XP system access is denied when I try to access the shared folder for my pictures on Windows Now if I transfer them to the Users Public Pictures folder it will transfer them in just over minutes Still a little slow in my opinion and not where I want them Why can I transfer there and not into the folder I want them And why is quicker to transfer while sitting at my XP system I have made sure that all the systems have the same workgroup name I have also tried disconnecting the power from my modem router and all systems then powering each one up one at a time That was suggested to me before It didn't change anything One last thing While starting my Windows system as soon as it was at the desktop I tried to transfer the pictures again and the transfer took off Almost immediately it said that there was seconds left It was flying like I thought it should Less then a minute into the transfer it hit a wall and changed to about minutes Go figure I checked my settings for the folders I want to transfer to and they are set as shared Maybe at that point a security program started up I don't know I do have a trial version of Norton's Internet Security installed It came preloaded with the system I was thinking of removing that and going with Avast free I have checked any firewalls and did disable them No difference I tried to list everything I've tried Hopefully some helpful info in there I find it strange that I can access the shared folders but not transfer from them Any thoughts on what to do Is there a setting in Windows that needs to be changed Thanks in advance Mike

A:Slow transfer speed over network

Most likely either the NIC drivers on the Windows 7 machine or the firmware of your router could use an update to work with Windows 7.

There are plenty of very recent driver updates for your board in the link below. The realtek network controller dated 11/09 is probably the one you need.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...roduct=4011295

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/49598-slow-transfer-speed-over-network.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I'm trying to transfer between my Desktop computer (XP) and laptop (Windows 7). When I do it wifi it only transfers at speeds between 1MBs to 3MBs. When I physically connect to my router I get better speeds at 10-11Mbs. However in both cases on large files it loses connection.

It says that connection lost/failed and gives me option of retry/skip. When I hit retry it still doesn't work. When I disconnect and retry that method it starts up again from scratch however rarely does it fully transfer a file. These files are anywhere from 2GIGs to 4GIGS.

I don't have anti-security on either computer. I'm using new Netgear router.

Any ideas? Is there another method to transfer locally without using windows explorer? Maybe 3rd party program.

A:Slow Network Transfer & Disconnect

Quote: Originally Posted by jpargo

I'm trying to transfer between my Desktop computer (XP) and laptop (Windows 7). When I do it wifi it only transfers at speeds between 1MBs to 3MBs. When I physically connect to my router I get better speeds at 10-11Mbs. However in both cases on large files it loses connection.

It says that connection lost/failed and gives me option of retry/skip. When I hit retry it still doesn't work. When I disconnect and retry that method it starts up again from scratch however rarely does it fully transfer a file. These files are anywhere from 2GIGs to 4GIGS.

Can you post the error message?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/150802-slow-network-transfer-disconnect.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I use XP Pro with SP3

I use Linksys LNE100TX Fast Ethernet Adapter(LNE100TX v4) to connect to my network/internet.

My router is a DLink dir655

I use FileZilla to transfer movies etc to my hardrive connected to my WDTV (media player). My network connection is via Netgreat powerline Adapters.

All I get is about 200 to 500kbs. I am told that enabling Flow Control and disabling Jumbo Frames could make a difference however, I have no idea how to do this. Is this something in my modem console screen? In my Internet Card?

I need help to see if I can speed up the transfer process.

A:Slow transfer rate through my network

The bottleneck may be in your power line connection. For testing purpose, can you temporarily bypass the power line adapters with a wired Ethernet connection?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-transfer-rate-through-my-network.975727/
Relevancy 60.63%

Same trouble as my earlier post the other PC on the networkThankyou in advance cant get an Ark log as rootrepeal keeps freezing when scanning files By checking all other boxes but files then the program crashes in a second after pressing scan DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Tiffany at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF SP data slow transfer PC2 - network AVG Anti-Virus Free enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF SP Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live disabled Updated DAE- F - D - - E CFFDAA SP Windows Defender enabled Updated slow network data transfer - PC2 D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcsC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroupC slow network data transfer - PC2 Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe slow network data transfer - PC2 -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Acer Empowering Technology ePerformance MemCheck exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcsC Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity x eDSService exeC Program Files Canon IJPLM IJPLMSVC EXEC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exeC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtSrv exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroupC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exeC Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery eRecoveryService exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC Windows system WUDFHost exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system svchost exe -k WindowsMobileC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Windows RTHDCPL exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files MagicTune Premium GammaTray exeC Program Files BORGChat BORGChat exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system NOTEPAD EXEC Users Tiffany FirefoxPortable App firefox firefox exeC Windows system SearchProtocolHost exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Users Tiffany Downloads dds scrC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page hxxp www google comuStart Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com iemStart Page hxxp en us acer yahoo commDefault Page URL hxxp en us acer yahoo comuSearchURL Default hxxp www google com keyword suURLSearchHooks H - No FileuURLSearchHooks H - No FilemURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dllBHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dllBHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dllBHO E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - No FileBHO ShowBarObj Class a f b - a - aa - d - b b e - c acer empowering technology edatasecurity x ActiveToolBand dllBHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program file... Read more

A:slow network data transfer - PC2

Hello,

As with your other thread, please post a new HijackThis log and let me know of any changes that might have occurred since you originally posted.

Thanks,
tea

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/255043/slow-network-data-transfer-pc2/
Relevancy 60.63%

I ve set up relatively old PC for use as transfer slow network issue Another a file server containing mainly media files mp s jpgs divxs and vobs I have the server connected via wired ethernet to my wireless router D-Link DSL-G T and laptops connected wirelessly to the router I have enabled a music folder on the server as a share but when I access it from one of the client laptops and play an mp the audio would hang or freeze at several places in a song for two or three seconds until it resumes Also when I attempt to copy files from Another slow network transfer issue a share to the local disk it takes forever i e it gave me an estimate of mins to move about mb Now this can t be right can it I know that wi-fi is much slower than ethernet for various reasons but still I make that at around KB s - I can get more than that off Another slow network transfer issue the internet Is anyone familiar with this problem Is there something that I need to enable such as some settings on either pc or add a windows components from add progs or change something in my router s setup Do I need to set up some kind of media server at either end to facilitate the streaming of audio video across the network Has anyone had any problems doing this with D-Link I doubt that the wireless link should be an issue - the bitrate of mp s is sufficiently low for Mbps to cope no problem I ve tried things like remote desktop and that seems to work fine I do not have any rd party firewall apps on any of the computers only WinXP SP Firewall and also the firewall on the router All PCs run on Win XP SP Any suggestions I know there s a few post about this already on the forum but none that are identical to this and none that give me any suggestions that I haven t already tried Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

I m transfer Network rates Slow on what is currently a person network Just used for simple home connectivity Both computers are using Windows XP and LinkSys tx network adapters My hub is a person mbps non-switching hub Decent setup My problem began some number of months ago actually but I haven Slow Network transfer rates t paid much attention to it since the network is used primarily for gaming When I DO copy files however I m getting something like mbps transfer rates Perhaps even slower I ve wondered if the hub is auto-sensing one or all of the network cards Slow Network transfer rates as mbps because I can t find anything else wrong and Slow Network transfer rates the problem goes largely unexplained A few months ago I was copying mb files in a matter of seconds Now it takes roughly minutes On a good day Both of the computers while copying files have been idle Also both hard disks are very capable No local disk or disk controll problems And judging by the disk activity LED indicators they are both not even close to load while copying is in progress I wanted to ask if anyone else has had this happen or if anyone has suggestions as to what could cause this so that I might be able to fix it nbsp

A:Slow Network transfer rates

I wish Windows was that simple.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-network-transfer-rates.1735/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello world MONEY MAKING THROUGH CARDING MONEY MAKING BUSINESS NETWORK BANK TRANSFER WESTERN UNION TRANSFER CARDING DUMPS PAYPAL TRANSFER CREDIT CARDS SALE Freshest approval of Dumps with Good validity Rate and balanced Sell Cvv Credit Cards for Sale Sell Fullz ATM Cards with PIN Fresh Dumps with PIN CC worldwide Atm cards with pin bank account transfer worldwide carding credit cards for sale cvv worlwide dumps with good balance dumps with high balance Dumps with PIN get rich by carding money making in carding money making through carding no scam real business sell atm cards sell cc sell cvv sell cvv dumps sell dumps with pin sell fresh cvv sell fresh dumps tracks sell fresh fullz sell fullz Visa high quality cards lt lt PRICE FOR DUMPS gt gt USA CLASSIC STANDARD USD GOLD PLATINUM USD MONEY TRANSFER, PAYPAL TRANSFER, SALE CREDIT DUMPS, MAKING CARDING, CARDS BANK UNION BUSINESS WESTERN NETWORK, TRANSFER, OTHERS ALL MC VISA USD DISCOVERY USD AMEX USD CANADA- CLASSIC STANDARD USD GOLD PLATINUM CORP BUSS USD CANADA- CLASSIC STANDARD USD GOLD PLATINUM CORP BUSS USD EU- CLASSIC MONEY MAKING BUSINESS NETWORK, BANK TRANSFER, WESTERN UNION TRANSFER, CARDING, DUMPS, PAYPAL TRANSFER, CREDIT CARDS SALE STANDARD USD GOLD PLATINUM CORP BUSS USD INFINITE USD EU- CLASSIC STANDARD USD GOLD PLATINUM CORP BUSS USD INFINITE USD EU AMEX USD EU DISCOVERY USD lt lt PRICE FOR CVV gt gt US PER US WITH BIN PER US FULLZ PER US VBV PER UK RANDOM PER UK WITH DOB PER UK WITH BIN PER UK BINDOB PER UK FULLZ PER UK VBV PRICE AU PER EU VISA MASTER PER CA RANDOM PER CA BIN PER CA FULLS PER FRANCE PER FRANCE WITH DOB PER GERMANY PER GERMANY WITH DOB PER ITALY PER ITALY WITH DOB PER JAPAN PER JAPAN WITH DOB PER BELGIUM PER DENMARK PER SPAIN PER Terms amp Conditions - We Sell Only First Hand High Valid Dumps And Always Fresh We Update Every - Days With - k Of Dumps So You MONEY MAKING BUSINESS NETWORK, BANK TRANSFER, WESTERN UNION TRANSFER, CARDING, DUMPS, PAYPAL TRANSFER, CREDIT CARDS SALE Can Buy With Confidence That The Dumps We Sell To You Are Only Yours And Don t Come From Another Hand We Don t Give Any Test Dump Or Free Dump We Guarantee That Our Dumps Work In We Are Seller Not Reseller So Instant Delivery We Provide Bin List For Choosing Bins Also Sell Mix amp Bulk Packages And Bonus On Big Orders We Only Replace Cards That Say Hold Stolen Decline Pick Up Invalid Region Block Never Will Be Replaced So Please Choose MONEY MAKING BUSINESS NETWORK, BANK TRANSFER, WESTERN UNION TRANSFER, CARDING, DUMPS, PAYPAL TRANSFER, CREDIT CARDS SALE Your Bin Carefully Replacement In Eu Or Ca Perfect Money Pm Bitcoins Btc Web Money Wmz Western Union Wu And Money Gram Mg Wu-Mg Minimum Order Drop Fee We Also Provide Have Cards With High Balance Of Spanish German Russian Contact Us To Buy Fresh Stuff Real Legit Business My Icq My Yahoo Bestdumpseller Please Contact Us Soon For Legit Business I HOPE WE WILL DO WELL BEWARE OF RIPPERS Thanks YOU

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/309a6e00-b938-488d-8d69-078872fe44c0/money-making-business-network-bank-transfer-western-union-transfer-carding-dumps-paypal?forum=TechnetSandboxForum
Relevancy 60.63%

Hey, I'm having really slow speeds surfing the internet, watching videos on sites like youtube, and downloading files. So i went to Speedtest.net and found that my download speeds are only 1.3 mbps!! my upload is fine, around 5 mbps. I dunno what the issue could be! I am wirelessly connected to the router, but the signal strength is fine. Attatched is a screenshot from xirrus.

A:Slow Download Speeds, Upload Speeds fine

And your download speed with an ethernet connection to the router? Directly to the modem? What speed are you supposed to be getting?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-download-speeds-upload-speeds-fine.1040277/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi everyone,

I've got a little networking problem and hope someone can help...

I have a Dell XPS 15Z with gigabit ethernet port, have dgs 1005d gigabit switch and WDTV live hub also with gigabit "capability"... The network cables should be fine...

The issue is that the file transfer (these are usually HD movies) from my laptop to WDTV are rather slow having in mind it's a gigabit network connection... The speed tops 15 MB/s. Same thing if I connect WDTV directly with my laptop. Any advice?

The switch indicates (green light) it has set-up a gigabit connection both with WDTV and my laptop.

I have disabled autotuning, RDC, AV software etc. Tried with jumbo frames, disabling flow control - EVERYTHING

I'm pretty desperate, so if someone out here could help, I would appreciate it...

Thanks

A:Gigabit network SLOW file transfer

Welcome to SF,

From your computer's Device Manager, locate the Network Adapter, Advanced Tab then find Link Speed and Duplex, change the setting here from Auto Detect to Auto negotiate 1000mbps, see if that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/193956-gigabit-network-slow-file-transfer.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Configuration: 2 same PC's with ASUSP8H61 motherboard and 4MB PC a-32bit Win7, PC b-64bit Win7 connected with a switch and static IP.

IPconfig/all on both PC's the same.

Problem:
Transferring files from a to b is no problem, using the a-explorer
retrieving files from a to b is very slow (10 minutes for 6MB) using the b-explorer

for example when I open the image viewer on PC a and retrieve a file from pc b the image will show up directly
when I open the image viewer on PC b and retrieve a file from PC a it takes a very long time (up to 10 minutes) to show up on the screen.

Who has a suggestion?
Thanks

A:very slow file transfer in Windows network

What switch you have? Try different ports, try restarting the switch, replace the LAN cables, update LAN drivers on the computers and then try...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-slow-file-transfer-in-windows-network.1051807/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello all. I am hoping someone can help me out here. I purchased an Iomega 500GB Network Hard drive a week or so ago and am experiencing extremely slow transfer rates over my network.

This is a small home network, nothing fancy. I have a D-Link WDA-1320 wireless card in my PC that communicates with a Netgear WPN824v2 wireless router. When I attempt to transfer about 5GB of mixed media files to my network hard drive it takes over an hour. If I take the network/wireless out of the equation and connect the hard drive directly to my PC via a crossover cable, those same 5GB worth of files transfers in about 17 minutes. I have checked the settings on my router and did not discover anything out of the ordinary. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Relevancy 60.2%

When I transfer a 4-6 GB file, I get about 10-13MB/s. When I try to transfer a 200 MB folder full of plaintext source code, it slows to a crawl 400-800KB/s. I have RDC uninstalled and autotuning disabled. is this a well known issue, and if so is there a fix.

transfer from server 2k8 x86 to Vista ultimate x64

A:network slow text file transfer

How many files totaling 200 MB? If it is several hundred files then that is going to be the root of the problem....

Also, do you have an antimalware product installed with realtime scanning enabled? If so, that is going to multiply the effect, as it is going to scan each file as it is accessed, then again as it is copied to the new location, thereby severely slowing your throughput.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/178030-network-slow-text-file-transfer.html
Relevancy 60.2%

my network setup is:
-TP-Link wirelesAP/Router with DD-Wrt installed
-Computer A - File server win xp sp3
-Computer B - My laptop win 7 x64 sp1
-Computer C - Wife's pc win 7 x64 sp1

issue: file transfer from/to xp from my laptop very slow while PC is turned off. as soon as i turn pc on all gets good. this looks really weird to me, anyone have any idea what can be the cause?
all of these 3 are connected with cable not wireless, i also have tried changing the port of the laptop cable on the router but didnt change anything.

A:Network file transfer slow while PC is turned off

Sorry but I don't understand? Do you mean when your wife's PC is turned off the xfer is slow to/from your PC?

Did you install DD-WRT to bridge two routers?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/208919-network-file-transfer-slow-while-pc-turned-off.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello everyone,

While transferring files from one computer to another in a wired connection, I've noticed that the transfer rate is incredibly low, around 10 Mb a sec. Here's my set up.

Internet -> Motorola SB6120 Cable modem -> Apple Airport Extreme -> wired computers

I appreciate any help. Thanks!

- Jerry

A:Need help with slow transfer rate in home network.

Does the Apple Airport Extreme or any of the computers have an old 10 Mbps (not 10/100) ethernet adapter?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-slow-transfer-rate-in-home-network.1003426/
Relevancy 59.77%

We have 3 pc's - 2 running XP home, one running Vista Home Premium.

Never mind the fact it took me two days to get stable shared folders across all PC's, how come opening the network folders dropdown on the left side of explorer is so slow? On the XP machines, it will take about a second, yet Vista seems to scan an entire network before opening the list - this takes about 15-20 seconds. It's all ethernet LAN, I've checked the router possibilities.

Any help in speeding up Vista to the rest of our nework would be great.

Rich

A:Vista local network folders really slow to open...

It is a security things and has been slow since day one when accessing a networked share.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-local-network-folders-really-slow-to-open.610685/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a laptop and PCs 7 windows in direction file one between transfer network Slow a desktop pc both running windows home premium nbsp My laptop is connected via WiFI nbsp My desktop is connected via Ethernet nbsp I'm using a Linksys WRT NL router nbsp Everything is running the latest drivers firmware When I try to copy a file from my Slow network file transfer in one direction between windows 7 PCs desktop to my laptop I am getting about Kb s data transfer as per the quot Details quot panel when copying a large file nbsp However if I transfer a file from the laptop to the desktop I'm getting about Mb s data transfer nbsp Any ideas Oh and the internet speed is fine from the laptop and the desktop speedtest shows at about Mbs on a Mbs DSL link I've tried disabling RDC on my laptop no luck I've tried disabling IPv on my laptop no luck I've tried disabling auto-tuning on my laptop no luck I've tried disabling power management on my laptop no lock I have no idea what else to try

A:Slow network file transfer in one direction between windows 7 PCs

Hi,

Try disabling Receive Window Auto-Tuning:
1 Go to Start and type cmd.
2 Right-click on cmd and select “Run as administrator”.
3 Type: netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled and press
Enter.
If you want to to re-enable it:

Type: netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
and press Enter.
Also you can try
configure the network card :

1.
Click the Start Button, type "devmgmt.msc" (without quotation marks) in the Start Search box and press Enter.
                                                                                                 2.
Double click to expand "Network Adaptors".
                                                                                                 3.
Right click your network card and click Properties.                                                    

4. Click Advance tab. High light Speed & Duplex
                                                                                                 5.
If you would like to use the full functionality, please set the Value to the highes... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a13894ab-6df4-42e0-8f02-2b58311b2eae/slow-network-file-transfer-in-one-direction-between-windows-7-pcs?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi I got a strange problem When I try to transfer file from my Vista machine to Server Beta speed is at about MB s but when I try to transfer files from Server Beta to my computer speeds hang at about MB s I got a gigabit network throughout my home and file transfer never seemed to be a problem I admit it was a bit faster in XP on same hardware than in Vista but I resolved that problem using some tutorials here My network speed was always in region - MB s outgoing and incoming However my SATA disks in my computer were transferring files from one to another in region - MB s The computer I'm usually transfering files from has Server Beta installed but incoming fast transfer network Slow outgoing on IDE disks But my computer has SATA disks and in XP I had disk to disk transfers at MB s So I tried to fix that issue with Microsoft but couldn't Now I've done something that didn't end up speeding up disk to disk transfer but slowing down incoming network transfers Now I got the same disk Slow incoming but fast outgoing network transfer to disk transfer speeds fast outgoing network transfers but slow incoming network transfers I checked QoS Bandwidth Reserve Limit which I was changing at some point but I reverted it back to original settings I also checked TCP IP Auto Tuning and disabled it as it was disabled before the slowdown I know I tried some tutorials from here http www vistax com tutorials -speed-up-performance-vista html namely speeding up menu pop out delays now reverted back to default Slow incoming but fast outgoing network transfer speed up shutdown time I don't know where I've gone wrong but I can't get my network back to normal If anyone has any idea or suggestions I'd be happy to hear them Thanks

A:Slow incoming but fast outgoing network transfer

One thing more. If I copy a file through network, the transfer is constant, but slow. If I watch something over the network, I get transfers like this (graph showing network time frame load):

If I watched something over the net I always got a linear network transfer, but now it's jumpy It doesn't affect watching the video, but I think it might help solve my problem.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/111982-slow-incoming-but-fast-outgoing-network-transfer.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Frm: Windows 10, Asus Maximus III MoBo. Realtek Gig Network. Windows or Asus mb drivers, not sure.

Through: Linksys gig switch to netgear gig switch

To: Dell R710 with gig cards running Vsphere 6, to a default VM (1 cpu, 2 gigs ram) running CentOS 7.2

using Cygwin to use scp to transfer large (3 gigs or so each) files to a VM. scp -r * to a CIFS volume on the VM.

starts at 40 mb/s and slowly drops to 5 mb/s.

oddly, if I bring up Steam and play Doom II (old Dosbox game) my transfer kicks up to 80 mb/s. Rocksmith only gets to 65 mb/s and Carmageddon Reincarnation gets to 75 mb/s.

If I exit the game entirely, the speed slows back down to 5 mb/s until I start up a game.

I imagine it's something to do with the games taking over the system but it is puzzling.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/68258-slow-network-speed-during-file-transfer-unless-gaming.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Whats a good speed for transferring files from PC to NAS? I am currently transferring a single large file from the PC to the NAS and its getting a speed of around 20mb/s.

The connection between me and the NAS is powerline 1200 with gigabit ports and cat 6 cables. The route has to go from my PC downstairs to the main powerline then up to the NAS (I assume thats how it works, for all I know it could be going direct from PC to NAS).

A:NAS transfer speeds

Hi there.

at 20 mb/s this is going to be HIDEOUSLY slow. You should even on slow disks be getting speeds 5 times that on average.

Due to "Woman" issues I had to remove two NAS boxes from my main TV to a closet far from Ethernet connection -- she refused to allow one more wire / gadget - especially with flashing lights etc. Got another router to act as a Wifi Bridge into my main network so the NAS boxes are now "Wirelessly" connected to my network.

Data transfer from laptop with external portable USB 3 HDD to NAS via WIFI still around 110 mb/s -- and absolutely no issues with Media streaming (PLEX on NAS, control via smart phone, google chromecast on smart TV ).

The bridge router can deliver wirelessly 433 mb/s so no issues there.

What OS are you running in your NAS -- mine is CENTOS 7 but Windows works too or any decent OS.

I'm using PROLIANT HP GEN 8 microserver as NAS boxes with 4 X 4 TB HDD's and the OS installed on an SSD. To get SSD to boot and use the 4 HDD's as data disks I had to set the internal RAID so I had SSD as single raid 0 device (boot) and 2 Logical Raid 0 8 TB HDD's.

Works a treat even if creating a single disk as a RAID 0 device is a bit strange --had to do that otherwise in non RAID mode the boot could only be from HDD's 1/2 in ist two bays or from a USB device. In RAID the SSD is configurable as an extra boot HDD.

Performance is great -- it's a HOME server so RAID 0 is just fine - not too worried about losing HDD's.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/43722-nas-transfer-speeds.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I m in the process of experimenting with a backup program Dantz Retrospect I realize that transfer speeds fluctuate especially off a modem or to an optical storage disk but I decided to transfer my SATA raid main OS to a PATA drive that I have installed Although it is much faster I noticed right away that the scale of fluctuation of transfer speed is much greater from about MB per minute to well over MB per Speeds Transfer minute Transfer Speeds I ve never done anything like this before so I really don t know what is normal At the moment I Transfer Speeds m wondering if this fluctuation is real or it is just the inaccuracy of the program One reason that I m asking is because I have had a history of fastfat sys BSODs which seem to occur when something is reading from a PATA drive I ve never been able to pin this down but I suspect the VIA chipset on the motherboard I may well be jumping to conclusions but this is why I m asking now any thoughts nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

This is really beginning to frustrate me. Anytime I try to copy a file from my windows xp desktop to my windows 7 laptop, the download speed will decrease until it finally pops up with a message saying, "the connection to \\computer name has been lost, please check the network and try again. This only occurs when trying to copy over large files. The problem does not exist on my windows xp desktop, I am able to copy over large files from the windows laptop without any sort of problem. I have tried connecting the laptop directly to the router but that doesn't fix anything. Please help! Maybe I could try installing a wireless card in the desktop and put the two computers in ad-hoc mode?

The laptop is a dell 1440 Inspiron and the router is a Belkin wrtg54g.

A:Slow Network Access and Unable To Transfer Large Files

Quote: Originally Posted by michaelking

This is really beginning to frustrate me. Anytime I try to copy a file from my windows xp desktop to my windows 7 laptop, the download speed will decrease until it finally pops up with a message saying, "the connection to \\computer name has been lost, please check the network and try again. This only occurs when trying to copy over large files. The problem does not exist on my windows xp desktop, I am able to copy over large files from the windows laptop without any sort of problem. I have tried connecting the laptop directly to the router but that doesn't fix anything. Please help! Maybe I could try installing a wireless card in the desktop and put the two computers in ad-hoc mode?

Are y ou using "homegroup" for networking? Sometimes on some mixed OS networks homegroup has a problem with connectivity and slow downs.

You can verify if it is the problem by making a new network connection using "workgroup" and see if the problem still exists. If it does not you can disable IPv6 and kill homegroup.
Let us know if you need help

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/85459-slow-network-access-unable-transfer-large-files.html
Relevancy 58.91%

A:Slow Network Access and Unable To Transfer Large Files

Solved!

Simply setup the router using windows 7.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-network-access-and-unable-to-transfer-large-files.923496/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi Ever since I Background Computer/network Causing Service Intelligent Transfer Slow got this new computer about months ago the network has Background Intelligent Transfer Service Causing Slow Computer/network been going VERY slow using of one of my cores making my computer useless for the duration of the network transfer Background Dell Inspiron s GB RAM GB HDD Intel Core Duo E GHz Windows Vista Home Premium SP I have tried many things that I have found on Google NONE worked Today I needed to copy about GB in one file from an XP computer years old specs not needed to this computer It said days remaining and the computer was completely inoperable I was desperate so I disabled everything in startup except the three instances of quot Windows Operating System quot That still didn't work I then proceeded to disable every one of my services testing whether disabling them worked quot Background Intelligent Transfer Service quot quot BITS quot seemed to be the culprit to the slow computer network I disabled it and the file has been transferring as I write this post without any noticeable disruption which I started about minutes before I joined this forum I would have left it at that but a quick google search showed that some other programs services use this service Does anyone have any experience with this problem Should I keep it disabled or is there another fix PS My brother's computer another Windows Vista Home Premium GB RAM GHz AMD Dual core has no problem with network transfer even though quot BITS quot is still started PSS The reason the file is so big is because It's about hour of video at mb s Don't worry it's not pirated movies I'm making a movie for my church and the old computer is the only computer with a firewire port I know I could still buy another PCI firewire card but that still wouldn't solve my network problems PSSS There is only seconds remaining of my file transfer PSSSS I don't know if this is the way to do multiple PS's anyone can correct me if I am wrong Thanks in advance for any help The transfer is finished gigs in minutes

A:Background Intelligent Transfer Service Causing Slow Computer/network

(The transfer is finished. 23 gigs in 25 minutes!!!)So the problem is...?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/169122/background-intelligent-transfer-service-causing-slow-computernetwork/
Relevancy 58.05%

My ISP has just increased connection speed from 4Mb/s to 10.

Connecting computer by ethernet cable directly from modem is giving me increased speed of around 9 - no complaints.

Connecting computer through wireless router either by ethernet cable or wirelessly gives me no increase in speed at all - still around 3.7.

Would be glad of any advice.

Relevancy 58.05%

I have two of the same Samsung M3 2TB external portable harddrives.

I use them to backup files, but when transferring exactly the same files, one harddrive transfers about double the speed than the other.

How can this be?

A:Different transfer speeds for the same harddrive?

I'm been thinking and wonder if it's the usb ports.
All of them are supposed to be USB 3.0 (they all have blue) but perhaps one of them is not USB 3.0?
Any way I can check that all ports are USB 3.0?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/72146-different-transfer-speeds-same-harddrive.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Ok I have a jailbroken iPod touch and I like to put tv show episodes on it but iTunes frankly sucks So I use a nifty little program called iPhone Folders to transfer the converted videos directly onto the filesystem of my device I then use a separate video app to watch them Mobile Theater it's transfer speeds File a jailbreak app I know this isn't an iPod forum so just trust me that this whole File transfer speeds process works fine iPhone Folders basically just lets me use my iPod as a removable storage device like a flash drive and File transfer speeds I can just drag and drop or copy paste them right onto it and it gives me the default File transfer speeds Windows Vista copying manager or whatever See the pic it's just a generic one off the internet so you know what I'm talking about Not mine So here's the issue I can't get consistent transfer speeds On average it starts transferring at about meg sec usually seven-ish files - meg total it varies and ends up pushing meg sec I had several theories as to why this happens as I approach the limit of the capacity of my iPod I just pick enough files to fill up the rest of my free space it slows down due to some weird write process it slows after x number of files it transfers or that my system resources aren't sufficient CPU RAM etc But yesterday these all got blown away I transferred some files like usual while doing a complete scan with McAfee Anti-Virus And got speeds in excess of meg sec throughout the entire transfer So basically my question is if there's any way I can ensure consistent HIGH transfer speeds Anyone got a tutorial or something I've got TeraCopy but it doesn't use it for these transfers for some reason I think if there's a way to max them out for normal copying etc on my hard drive it should apply to this situation as well Thanks for any ideas

A:File transfer speeds

Transfer speeds vary between each device for example HDD, SSD and Flash Drive etc

There is no way in keeping you at a Constant High speed but you can Optimize the Drive to perform as much optimal speeds as you can

See Hard drive speed boosts

This can also work on SSD's and some Flash drives

Will not work on DVD/CD's

Hope This Helps,
Josh

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/290602-file-transfer-speeds.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Does anyone know of any programs that download files over a LAN like a internet Downalod manager does , I have Wireless 108mbps nimo netgear router and can download from the internet at 8 Mbps however , when i copy files over the lan using the copy paste function it's really slow. It's nothing to do with my hardware or setup, i had the same problem with XP and now with Vista. Basically i want to be able to tranfer files over the LAN with a download manager that uses Multiple download threads to speed it up. Thanks for any help.

EDIT. LAN is wireless not wired

A:File Transfer Speeds Over LAN

I don't know of any application that does what your asking for. The main way to speed up your file transfer is not to do any other browsing or anything at the same time as your file transfer. Wifi is half duplex only and half duplex has a tendancy to bottleneck alot more when your both downloading and uploading.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-transfer-speeds-over-lan.558746/
Relevancy 58.05%

Can someone explain in layman's terms why when downloading a file, the "transfer rate" starts out at something like 20 Kb/sec then falls to a measly 2.76 Kb/sec in mere moments? I've always wondered why that is.

For the record, I have a US Robotics 33.6 Internal modem using dial-up conection.

Thanks,

CR

PS Was also wondering what happend to my last 33 posts and my registration??? Had to reregister today as if I had no history whatsoever--everything gone--gone--gone into the ozone apparently. So I've been gone a couple of months. Is that any reason to flush my stuff??

A:Transfer rate speeds

You information may have been lost in the upgrade not sure on that one.

to make this simple .. basically the transfer rate scale is simply tricked initially, you probably notice the time remaining fluctuates as the transfer rate increases or decreases as well, most times you have to wait a good minute on dial up to get a true transfer rate.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/transfer-rate-speeds-2027.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit with Service Pack 1. I have a P8Z77-V DELUXE M/B, i7-3770 CPU. All the USB drivers are the latest drivers and Windows itself is totally up to date. Yet, when I connect any USB device, I get extremely slow data transfers.

I backed up some of my data to an external WD 1TB USB2 HDD, about 900G and it took 24 hours to copy it all.

Last night, I was copying 390GB from an external 500GB USB3 HDD to my PC and it took 12 hours.

Surely these speeds are NOT right???

I am using the headers on the case, would connecting the external drives to the USB on the motherboard directly make any difference?

A:USB data transfer speeds

Have you tried defragging the source drive? Depending on how many files you are moving and where they are located, the source drive heads might be going all over the platters to find the data. Does your mobo have the latest chipset drivers?
900GB is a lot of data ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/324843-usb-data-transfer-speeds.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have several external 4-drive enclosures. I have been using esata with an esata pci card since my computer doesn't have USB3, and I've been getting around 59-65MBps.

I bought a new USB3.0/esata enclosure last week, and decided to install a USB 3.0 pci card and try USB 3.0. So the card installed fine and the driver from the company website installed without issue. Today I connected the enclosure via USB 3.0 and the transfer speeds I'm getting are right around the same as my esata speeds - around 59-65MBps. By comparison, my USB 2.0 speed is around 29-33 MBps.

So USB 3.0 is faster than my USB 2.0, which is good, but I was expecting better performance out of USB 3. Could it be something on my motherboard that is causing a bottleneck in the speed, or could it be the hard drives itself that is the bottleneck? They're just standard 7,200 drives.

A:Are these transfer speeds normal?

60 mbs is about 216 GB per hour.

I've kept track of copying speeds on several of my drives, using both eSATA and USB 2.0.

My only USB 3.0 tests involve USB thumb drives, so I haven't included them.

Here's some examples of my actual speeds. Make of them what you will.

I've heard conflicting reports about whether eSATA is faster than USB 3.0 in real-world situations. I've heard yes and no.

Offhand, it looks to me like you get about the same speed from both, which may be completely normal on your hardware. I just don't know what you can necessarily expect in actual use from USB 3.0 on typical hardware.

159 GB per hour drag and drop from Samsung 7200 internal to WD Green 5400 internal.

218 GB per hour drag and drop from Samsung 7200 rpm internal to an old WD 640 gb 7200 mounted in an external dock via eSATA.

273 GB per hour drag and drop from Samsung internal 7200 to a new, fast, but 5400 rpm WD 3 TB Green internal.

270 GB per hour drag and drop from Samsung internal 7200 to new internal 1 TB WD Blue 7200 mounted in an external dock, via eSATA.

All of these examples were with a variety of files, averaging under 500 KB each.

In my experience, the larger the file size, the faster the speed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/373501-these-transfer-speeds-normal.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello Ive done a clean install of Win 10 on my HP Envydv7 7332ea and now the transfer rate on a USB 3 using the correct cable to a seagate backup drive is sitting at 20 - 23 MB/s Ive ensured the latest drivers are there for the seagate driveIve changed the policy to better performance in device managerThe BIOS is locked.Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get proper USB 3 speeds back? Regards K

A:How to Resolve low USB 3 transfer speeds of 20-23 MB/s

Hi, How fast do you expect ? Depending on the file structure on your source and target. 20-23MB/s is a good sspeed. If you've got hundreds of small files, the speed will go down more. Which software do you use for backup ? If only purely copy, please try a product called TeraCopy, this will boot the speed up 10% to 20% Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-to-Resolve-low-USB-3-transfer-speeds-of-20-23-MB-s/td-p/5616368
Relevancy 58.05%

So I ve got a local small server running debian jessie on a Cubox-i and my remote backup server Both can communicate readily Problem is when I initiate a transfer locally I m getting slow speeds Kbps or so I can initiate the exact same transfer via ssh shell on the remote system and get Mbps speeds Ive been using a proxy and that has helped some In clients like Filezilla the effect is obvious but when attempted locally has no effect yet I can see in verbose connections the proxy connection successful Im just Speeds Transfer and Proxies confused how the same transfer quot on paper quot can behave so oddly Why the proxy seems to work on this but not that This happens both with ftp and sftp im still not sure if it effects Transfer Speeds and Proxies http but the standard speeds are in line with the others Ive played a bit Transfer Speeds and Proxies with some tracerouting but its still a bit confusing Sent from my SM-G V using Tapatalk nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transfer-speeds-and-proxies.1164354/