Windows Support Forum

Varying wireless speed "wtf?!" issue

Q: Varying wireless speed "wtf?!" issue

Ok, so me and my counterparts have not been able to figure this out for about a month now. I bought a wireless usb adapter(b/g/n) for my rig and it was fine for a long time until about 2 months ago when I at somepoint started not getting full throughput.

My laptop(a/g/n) gets 50mbps and the adapter(b/g/n) now gets 30mbps. No, putting my rig next to the router doesn't help. The only way I can get full speed is via ethernet.

I've plugged in the bgn into my laptop and it still gets full.

Today, I've tried a friend's pci adapter and it only made a 1mbps difference.

any ideas?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Varying wireless speed "wtf?!" issue

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Varying wireless speed "wtf?!" issue

Did the wireless adapter come with a software installation cd? If so, I would remove any wireless related drivers and the software, then reinstall the required drivers and software.

Could also try accessing the router from your laptop - there should be an option to restart/reset the modem. I've fixed speed related issued in a similar way.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/258707-varying-wireless-speed-wtf-issue.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi Recently I ve started getting an explorer window after starting up and loggin into XP and I get a file not found error always with quot idlist xxx yyy quot where xxx and yyyy change each time I ve checked through the startup items in MSCONFIG and disabled some to no avail I m extremely grateful for any insight you may have Are we looking at something malicious Here is a Hijack This log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program an messages XP with error explorer "idlist" and with Startup varying window Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C XP Startup with explorer window and an error with varying "idlist" messages Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system r server exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SavRoam exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe XP Startup with explorer window and an error with varying "idlist" messages C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless XP Startup with explorer window and an error with varying "idlist" messages Bin ZcfgSvc exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files HPQ HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files palmOne Hotsync exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exe C Program Files Roundpoint Subscription Manager SubManager exe C Program Files HPQ SHARED HPQWMI exe C My Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http my msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www hp com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAX C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe tray O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot r O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files HPQ Default Settings cpqset exe O - HKL... Read more

A:XP Startup with explorer window and an error with varying "idlist" messages

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-startup-with-explorer-window-and-an-error-with-varying-idlist-messages.438755/
Relevancy 86%

Dear all~
I am at this website.

A:"slow speed" "natural speed" do not show

First step: please post a link to the exact page of that website that you're on.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/291654-slow-speed-natural-speed-do-not-show.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I have a HSP56 MR modem. However, my connection speeds over a telephone line to my ISP rarely exceed 30,000. Should I indicate that the “Maximum Speed” under “Modem Configuration” is 57600 or 38,400 bps. This is confusing to me. Thanks. {redoak}

Relevancy 83.85%

A couple of days ago my laptop was working fine and connected wirelessly to the Internet. Yesterday it wouldn't connect at all, only locally, without access to the Internet. Other devices in the household can connect though. After restarting the router and my laptop numerous times, I did a diagnose and repair, and the only solution was "security settings on this computer might be blocking the connection. the following policy might need to be adjusted to allow windows to connect: policy provider: windows firewall, filter name: query user. If the policy provider is firewall click for information....". So I tried messing with the firewall settings and nothing helped. My friend walked me through updating my driver and that didn't help. I'm just really confused and I want my laptop to work again. It is an hp pavilion dv5-1235dx and the OS is Vista.

A:Wireless connection reads as "local only" - says it could be a firewall issue?

Do you get internet access with an ethernet connection?

What firewall or security suite on the system?

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-reads-as-local-only-says-it-could-be-a-firewall-issue.1063155/
Relevancy 83.42%

I setup WPA2 on my router and everyone can connect just fine.

But a new laptop with Windows 7 that used to be able to connect before I set WPA2 can no longer connect.

It takes a few minutes connecting saying "Identifying" then ends up saying it's connected with "Unidentified network". Can't ping the router, can't get to the internet etc.

I've tried rebooting both the laptop and router, network diagnostic (which just tells me to reboot the router) etc and nothing works.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 83.42%

Okay I'm having a little WiFi issue this morning I just recieved my Clear HotSpot today and when I went to connect it I noticed that my internal Dell WiFi Dell WLAN adaptor is not showing up in the Windows Connection Manager on the taskbar Normally issue no, Dell/XP Wireless" Oh 7? the "Disappearing not Windows with it shows both the WiFi-G adaptor and it's available networks and my external USB WiFi-N adaptor and it's available networks Now I'm only seeing the Wireless-N adaptor If I remove the USB N adaptor the wireless connection manager shows quot No devices present quot or whatever The Wireless G adaptor is showing up in the device manager and in the Network Connections Oh no, not the Dell/XP "Disappearing Wireless" issue with Windows 7? folder and I can manually add a network and it will connect What's up This reminds me of the disappearing Oh no, not the Dell/XP "Disappearing Wireless" issue with Windows 7? wireless issue I used to have with Dells and sometimes other brands and Windows XP I know there were times that I just had to install additional software to manage the wireless networks and deal with it else re-install the OS to fix it Does anyone have any ideas on where I can start with this I've done the obvious Rolled back updated reinstalled drivers etc The screenshot shows my Network Connections folder with both the N and the G adaptor working fine - and the Wireless Manager from the taskbar showing only the N adaptor Ideas Sorry about the pic that I dumbed down - that was not for you guys I made that up trying to explain to one of my hard headed friends what was going on

A:Oh no, not the Dell/XP "Disappearing Wireless" issue with Windows 7?

The Dell 1390 WLAN actually uses the broadcom wireless driver.
If you are using the one provided by dell, it's not even win 7 compatible. (it's dated sometime in '08)

Quote:
Dell Wireless 1510/1505/1500/1490/1470/1395/1390 all use Broadcom chipset and therefore the Broadcom driver is correct...

you should be able to get a broadcom driver updated to the first of this year.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/145467-oh-no-not-dell-xp-disappearing-wireless-issue-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to do some customer service via long distance. Have some friends I set up a Linksys WRT160N wireless router for about two weeks ago. Just a desktop hardwired into the router and one wireless laptop using a secure connection. No big deal (or so it seems...)

These friends live about 3 hours away and they just realized that whenever the desktop logs on to the Internet, it bumps off the laptop. I've had them check the naming configurations for the laptop and the PC, but those seem to be fine.

I haven't worked with Linksys routers before so wondering if anyone else has had this problem and knows of a quick fix, or what to specifically look for before I remote in and start doing some tinkering.

Thanks in advance!

A:Linksys Wireless Network "Bumping" Issue

make sure all users have DHCP configs and no one has a STATIC ip address.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-wireless-network-bumping-issue.135117/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello Guys and Girls,

My wireless internet connections are currently set to a manually configured status, but this means I am having problems connecting to other wireless connections with free (ie unsecured) connections. I have tried going to properties and ticking the "Let Windows configure my wireless network settings", but I get a dialogue box coming up telling me that not all of my changes have been made.

Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

Sukita

A:Solved: Changing wireless connection status from "Manually Configured" back to "Automatic"

Why don't we start with the make/model of the wireless router in use, as well as the wireless adapter or laptop brand. Also, what version and patch level of Windows do you use?

If you have XP-SP2, you can set the machine back to installation defaults using the following procedure.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

For these commands, Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-changing-wireless-connection-status-from-manually-configured-back-to-automatic.493463/
Relevancy 82.56%

I purchased several Velocity netbooks for my classroom. In trying to connect to our wireless connection, we keep getting the message "Make sure the wireless switch on your computer is on." We cannot find any such "wireless switch" or where it may be....

Can anyone shed light on this? We're contacting Velocity but thought someone here might have insight right away...

A:"Wireless switch" issue with Netbook

Normally, the wireless capability is controlled either by a switch on the side of the laptop or a function key sequence. The user manual would probably be useful here. Of course, the exact model of the computers would help us too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-switch-issue-with-netbook.872623/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello everyone how are you!

I have a question, actually I'm development a application for sharing internet connection. I'm using "Wireless Hosted Network and Internet Connection Sharing" that it's in https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd815252%28v=vs.85%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

I want change default IP Address range and I have read that these settings it's in next address:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters.

My question is, How I can restart or update the "Internet Connection Shraring" or "Wireless Hosted Network" after I change the IP Address range for that assign IP Address different to default.

Thank you!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9cad8769-ac99-4437-8b52-752a0cf85da9/restart-or-update-the-quotinternet-connection-shraringquot-or-quotwireless-hosted?forum=netmon
Relevancy 81.7%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi I've looked all over the internet in attempt to find a solution to a problem that's just affected my computer and I haven't been More Are Access From Files"/"Attempt To Invalid No "There Issue Address" able to find anything that relates specifically to the problem I'm encountering This hit my computer without warning I switched it on this morning and it worked as normal all of a sudden things started to freeze up I restarted the computer and now a lot of programs are refusing to open - Microsoft Office among others states quot Error There Are No More Files quot whilst other programs such as Google Chrome and Internet Explorer state quot Attempt to Access From Invalid Address quot even when I am running them from their root folders I am running a Dell Latitude with Intel Core Duo T GHz M L Cache "There Are No More Files"/"Attempt To Access From Invalid Address" Issue MHz Dual Core GB DDR - "There Are No More Files"/"Attempt To Access From Invalid Address" Issue SDRAM DIMMS Intel Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator X and am obviously using "There Are No More Files"/"Attempt To Access From Invalid Address" Issue Windows XP I have scanned my system with Avast Antivirus which didn't state that there were any viruses so I am stuck as to what exactly the problem is I'd really appreciate some help in figuring out what has happened thankyou so much for your time in reading this

A:"There Are No More Files"/"Attempt To Access From Invalid Address" Issue

I am having the same problem on the same exact hardware. i don't think it could be a hardware issue, but i could be wrong. i have tried repairing windows with no success. i'm thinking the only option is to reinstall windows completely.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/there-are-no-more-files-attempt-to-access-from-invalid-address-issue-302284.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I have an issue with the "Velocity Scale" under "Brush Tracking" in Painter X while using my Wacom Intuos 3. My Wacom Properties are set to the the default. All of the other scales in "Brush Tracking" are pretty dynamic all across the board but the "Velocity Scale" only moves between 0 and 3. I managed to get it up to 4 one time but I don't know how. It looks like it should be able to reach 100 and the farthest its gone up to is 4.

What does this mean? What is the "Velocity Scale"? Is it supposed to be acting this way or is my pen or tablet broken? If so, is there anything I can do to fix it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issue-with-velocity-scale-under-brush-tracking-in-painter-x.796687/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello All I started a few weeks ago on the PowerShell programing and I got my answer from here only So am putting up the error that I am getting now to issue "System.Int32") PowerShell value convert "and" type ('Cannot to get some help again Scenario I wrote a script that checks a Folder on a server and counts the number of files in it Then when it finds the resulting number to be more then a specific value threshold it sends up a mail to the required alias To break it all along the portion to PowerShell issue ('Cannot convert value "and" to type "System.Int32") send a mail is generated through DBmail using another PS file In the PS file containing the main checking of number of files I am trying to pass parameters Folder path on the server the Threshold value of number of files Now when I created a job to run this powershell script as amp quot C PowerShell Power PS quot XXXX c Documents and Settings ABC Local Settings Temp IT fails with the error A job step received an error at line in a PowerShell script The corresponding line is ' amp quot C PowerShell Power ps quot XXXX c Documents and Settings ABC Local Settings Temp ' Correct the script and reschedule the job The error information returned by PowerShell is 'Cannot convert value quot and quot to type quot System Int quot Error quot Input string was not in a correct format PowerShell issue ('Cannot convert value "and" to type "System.Int32") quot ' Process Exit Code - The step failed I really can not move forward on this Please help

A:PowerShell issue ('Cannot convert value "and" to type "System.Int32")

Just to add for reference Below is the code for the Power.Ps1 file that I have used :

param
(

[string] $directory_string,
[int] $benchmark

)

$date=get-date
[int]$directory_file_count = 0

# check that the directory exists.
$does_directory_exist = (Test-Path $directory_string)

# if it does, then continue
if ($does_directory_exist)
{

# Check for the number of files on the directory
$directory_file_count = (get-childitem $directory_string -name -recurse).count

# If number of files exceeds the limit, send mail to notify

if($directory_file_count -gt $benchmark)
{
& "C:\Powershell\DB_mail.ps1"
$subject= "XXXX"
$body= "XXXX"

}

else

{
$subject= "XXXX"
$body= "XXXX "
}

}
else
{
$subject = "XXXX"
$body = " XXXX"
}

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/286369-powershell-issue-cannot-convert-value-type-system-int32.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi I Issue No Invalid Are From Access Address" "There To Files"/"Attempt More ve hit a problem with Windows XP I ve looked around and I haven t been able to find anywhere which offers a "There Are No More Files"/"Attempt To Access From Invalid Address" Issue potential solution so I really hope somebody here can help This hit my computer without warning I switched it on this morning and it worked as normal I was using Google Chrome in order to browse websites that were free of spyware the Guardian at time of crash all of a sudden things started to freeze up I restarted the computer and now a lot "There Are No More Files"/"Attempt To Access From Invalid Address" Issue of programs are refusing to open - Microsoft Office among others states quot Error There Are No More Files quot whilst other programs such as Google Chrome and Internet Explorer state quot Attempt to Access From Invalid Address quot even when I am running them from their root folders As I ve stated I am running a Dell Latitude with Intel Core Duo T GHz M L Cache MHz Dual Core GB DDR - SDRAM DIMMS Intel Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator X and am obviously using Windows XP I have scanned my system with Avast Antivirus which didn t state that there were any viruses so I am stuck as to what exactly the problem is Thanks for reading I really hope that somebody can help nbsp

A:"There Are No More Files"/"Attempt To Access From Invalid Address" Issue

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/there-are-no-more-files-attempt-to-access-from-invalid-address-issue.759140/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello everyone,
I've recently had a problem with my wireless connection. I've just changed my encryption type from WPA to WEP 64-bit on my router and at that time my PC stopped connecting to the internet via wireless connection.

So, originally I just changed the encryption back to WPA thinking that my adapter wasn't compatible with WEP but, this doesn't seem to be the case.
I am detecting multiple wireless networks around the area however, when trying to connect to one in particular it always comes back with the error message, "Wireless connectivity issue". So, I'm quite sure it's not an adapter issue but, am a bit stuck with what to do next.

I'm using a Belkin F5D9230-4 Wireless Router with 64-bit WEP encryption.

Thanks for your time.

A:"Wireless Connectivity Issue"

Hi Kaz and welcome to the forum!

Please refer to the earlier post "Wireless Problems" - it contains troubleshooting step and tips that might help resolve your issue.

Cheers

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/4486-wireless-connectivity-issue.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 79.98%

It seems to keep rolling back to 802.11d after I click okay. If you need more information from me I would be happy to fill you in a bit more there.

Some basic specs:
- 32-bit Service Pack 2
- Acer
- AM5620-E1204A
- Intel Core 2

Any additional help to further assist would be appreciated!

A:Can't change advanced settings from "802.11d" to "wireless mode"

This appears to go along with your other post at http://www.sevenforums.com/network-s...-mode-eee.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/370018-cant-change-advanced-settings-802-11d-wireless-mode.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Anyone know if there is a similar feature, or plugin in Internet Explorer 9, like Safaris' "Top Sites" or Operas' "Speed Dial" pages?

Top Site: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_YkoORi0De4...riTopSites.jpg

Speed Dial:
http://hightechhype.files.wordpress....speed-dial.jpg

A:"Top Sites" or "Speed Dial" for IE9?

about:tabs
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...ore-sites.html

and

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...age-opens.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/162196-top-sites-speed-dial-ie9.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello Everyone I'm really hoping there is someone here who can help me with what should be an easy issue This might be something related to workgroup vs home group but I think I have that understood I have a windows machine with the same workgroup set as my two XP machines LAN Permissions "XP" issue Sharing to File "7" I then went in and set four harddrives root directories to share Now what is weird and very frustrating is that two of the hard drives the other computers can get into just like one would expect However the other two drives are behaving completely different One drive it just gives a LAN File Sharing "7" to "XP" Permissions issue permissions error message right away The other it lets me access one layer of folders but then gives the same message when I try to open any one of them It's very frustrating I set up the sharing just with simple right click- the drive say share and quot Everyone quot read write full so I don't understand how some can LAN File Sharing "7" to "XP" Permissions issue be interacting differently than others Any help would be great Thanks in advance Gary

A:LAN File Sharing "7" to "XP" Permissions issue

No solution is immediately apparent to me, but am I correctly assuming were dealing with all NTFS drives here?
And are the four hard drives on the XP machine?
Did you name each share for each drive? Try mapping the shared drive(s) that you now can not with their drive letter followed by $.

For example...

//192.168.1.20/d$

...and see what happens.

Also, make sure each machine being shared from has a password set. You can not share with a blank (non-existant) pass.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/8487-lan-file-sharing-7-xp-permissions-issue.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Running Windows Enterprise -bit I keep getting random freezes which last about - seconds then the system always recovers issue another /"freeze" responding" "stops Yep, Generally the mouse still moves streaming music in not interrupted but I can't do Yep, another "stops responding" /"freeze" issue anything during these micro-freezes CTRL-ALT-DEL is non-responsive at first then once the task manager comes up everything returns to normal No abnnormal CPU usage I have updated all the latest drivers and have tried rolling back various component drivers to test it Unistalled Avast antivirus and went with MS Security Essentials and even installed the KB hotfix which described my problem No luck I have overclocked this system for several years with XP but just to be safe I returned all setting to factory once my issues with W started Still no luck Memtest okay I did not have this issue for the first month of installing Windows It has been about months that I have had this problem In addition my screen goes black for a second or more from time to time It is not the monitor So it could be a video card issue One more oddity my power setting occasionally change on their own The only one which does this is quot turn the monitor off quot It swithches to quot minutes quot every few days without me changing it Event viewer shows nothing which helps troubleshoot any of these issues I have not updated my bios to the latest as I have read that people have had problems with the latest bios and revision history really only deals with overclocking I have scoured the net so I realize that asking for a solution to such problems often is difficult as each PC can bring unique issues But your help is appreciated Specs EGVA i SLI gb patriot RAM radeon areca raid

A:Yep, another "stops responding" /"freeze" issue

3 day bump...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/129076-yep-another-stops-responding-freeze-issue.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I don't know if this is the right place, but I seriously need some help.
I've got an IP that changes every time my "gateway" (router) is reset.

First of all, I'm using windows 7 ultimate 32 bit. AND IIS. (Internet information services) or something like that..

It's really annoying, because my IP is also a website.

People can access the IP as a site, but when it changes, the old one goes off.
It gets really frustrating! I've tried manually entering it on the gateway, but my gateway just stops working and I have no internet access.

I tried entering it manually on Windows, but it will disable my internet but allow me to access the site from the old IP.

So I have to keep it on "Obtain an IP address automatically"

Please help! I've been on this all day.

A:I have "DHCP" how can I use "Static" IP on a wireless connection?

Quote: Originally Posted by pokeglobe

I don't know if this is the right place, but I seriously need some help.
I've got an IP that changes every time my "gateway" (router) is reset.

First of all, I'm using windows 7 ultimate 32 bit. AND IIS. (Internet information services) or something like that..

It's really annoying, because my IP is also a website.

People can access the IP as a site, but when it changes, the old one goes off.
It gets really frustrating! I've tried manually entering it on the gateway, but my gateway just stops working and I have no internet access.

I tried entering it manually on Windows, but it will disable my internet but allow me to access the site from the old IP.

So I have to keep it on "Obtain an IP address automatically"

Please help! I've been on this all day.

Your router gets its "outside" IP from the ISP so that you cant set manually. I assume the website is using that one, correct?

The inside IP's can be manually set but that will only work from the internal lan. Is that what you want to do?
Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/119571-i-have-dhcp-how-can-i-use-static-ip-wireless-connection.html
Relevancy 76.97%

My office just upgraded and I can no longer use Windows XP On this system I was able to add a separate taskbar to facilitate quick access to commonly-browsed folder locations on our vast network and another one expedited the launching of useful programs and lists Each task on each taskbar was represented with a big custom icon to save eye strain I had them installed in opposite vertical margins and they "Launchpads", to "Toolbars" for "Docks" (MSese "TASKBARS" NOT add Need were set on auto-hide to keep them out of the way when not being used Just move your mouse pointer to the left or right margin and BAM Sorry for the cliche but I really got used to the convenience of what I had set up and I just don't think I Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars" can be as efficient without anything comparable Now there appears to be nothing comparable in the Windows GUI and it's making me sick with rage I see only the option to put a quot toolbar quot on an existing quot taskbar quot and no option to create any additional taskbars This cramps up your one-and-only taskbar plus the tiny toolbar access buttons require way too much precision for anything that's supposed to be quick When you've figured out how to bring up that ridiculous button the list that it yields is small enough to cause painful eyestrain - nothing efficient much less cool about this at all I have seen customization options in other OS GUIs that may have resolved some of these issues but I see none such in W I have tried every google search string that I can think of and found no answer that deals with anything other than adding that stupid toolbar to the only taskbar that Microsoft will allow you in W So If I'm wrong and have missed some options how do I access them Otherwise I'm hoping there are developers who know what I am talking about and have software to enable the creation of separate taskbars launchpads Can anybody help with either

A:Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars"

Several possibilities here: Second taskbar in windows7? [Solved] - Windows 7 - Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306313-need-add-taskbars-msese-launchpads-docks-not-toolbars.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,

When our website users click on an html attachment embedded on a web-page in IE9, the download manager will not display the "Open" option. It will only display "Save" and "Cancel" which our users don't like, having to save the
html document in a folder to open it. Whereas, when downloading attachments like pdf, word etc. all three options are displayed. 

Is there any setting to tweak , which will display all the 3 options for HTML attachments as well?

A:IE9 download manager will not display "Open" option (only "Save" and "Cancel" is displayed) for downloading HTML documents.

Hi,
As you know, the Open-Save-Cancel dialog box helps you prevent your computer from affecting by virus while downloading. 
So I suggest you test to reset all zones to a lower level temporarily and then please attempt to download this html attachment again.

However, since you can normally download the other documents, I suspect there is some restriction in the website which you are trying to view. I recommend you to contact the administrator of that website if possible.
could you please send me the link of the website from where you are trying to download the html attachment?
Thanks!

We
are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this
interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3094ac49-8d49-4a60-a7cf-fb12c823e500/ie9-download-manager-will-not-display-quotopenquot-option-only-quotsavequot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 76.54%

I'm trying under "Windows Update" to click on "check for updates" however when I do that I get message
"windows update cannot currently check for updates, because updates on this computer are controlled by your system administrator"
I am the admin on the PC however this PC points to a In-office "WSUS server" to normally get its update
Is there a work around to this that I could add to my local group policy or registry?
I have been under Group Policy Object Editor -->Computer Configuration --> Administrative Templates -->
Windows Components --> Windows Update
but seen nothing that would allow to override this error
Any suggestion(s) would be most appreciated
JMurphNE

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bc0d13f2-e9cb-4001-a8e6-cfc5d80efd59/windows-update-issue-quotwindows-7quot-error-quotbecause-updates-on-this-computer-are?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 76.54%

I am infected with this crap and have used the following tools to try to get rid of it Windows Defender Unible PowerSuite SpeedUpMyPC Registry Booster amp Spyware Protector and Norton's - "Error Worm-Popups-The Icons Netsky Cleaner" Protector" "Spyware..." Three "Privacy One Button Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." Checkup and WinDoctor Not sure if it's related but my DISPLAY is locked at X Atempted the Step Process before posting and Panda ActiveScan froze and crashed after scanning files but not before identifying spyware files Here's my extra txt log from Deckard's Deckard's System Scanner v Extra logfile - please post Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." this as an attachment with your post -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Information ---------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition build SP Architecture X Language English CPU Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Percentage of Memory in Use Physical Memory total avail MiB MiB Pagefile Memory total avail MiB MiB Virtual Memory total avail MiB MiB A is Removable No Media C is Fixed NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM CDFS PHYSICALDRIVE - ST A - GiB - partition PARTITION - Unknown - MiB PARTITION bootable - Installable File System - GiB - C -- Security Center ------------------------------------------------------------- AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install Windows Internal Firewall is disabled AntiVirusDisableNotify is set FirewallDisableNotify is set FW Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation AV Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE Enabled LEXPPS EXE quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe Enabled LimeWire quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe Enabled Yahoo Messenger quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe Enabled Yahoo FT Server quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe Enabled Windows Messenger quot quot C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohCli... Read more

A:Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..."

Bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/netsky-worm-popups-the-three-icons-error-cleaner-privacy-protector-spyware-207223.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has report viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" Whole Solved: (PLEASE computer .. event have anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc FF HWPLLB CN S Antivirus McAfee VirusScan Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disable nbsp

A:Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please.981934/
Relevancy 76.11%

I double-click and get "search" instead of "open"--only when I click a disk, like Hard Drive C: or Floppy A: or CD F: and so on.

It didn't used to do this, so I must've inadvertently changed some setting somewhere, but darned if I can find it now.

Any ideas?

A:Solved: On the "my computer" list, I double-click on disks and get "search" instead of "open"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-on-the-my-computer-list-i-double-click-on-disks-and-get-search-instead-of-open.407035/
Relevancy 76.11%

Does anyone know if its possible to autofill the "from field" as a rule, when your in "another users /delegates" mailbox, so you dont have to add their address in the "from field"? (so it will autopopulate with their email address (and show "on behalf of")?
I hope this was clear.

thanks.

A:Solved: outlook 2007 "from field" 'on behalf of" issue

No ... its not possible if the user has more than one delegate (that has added them with the applicable rule). from that point on, they will have to choose which person they want to add to "sent" on behalf of field.

However, If they have just one (one only) user who has added them with that permission (to send on behalf of), it will auto-populate with that user.

So, It does not matter even if they are "in" a specific users mailbox (and expect the "on behalf of" to auto fill with that users name). If they have more than one delegate that has added them with that permission, they will still have to choose which user the message will sent "on behalf of"

i figured this out by trail and error etc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2007-from-field-on-behalf-of-issue.923746/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello,
If you go into task manger and then the networking tab, what does the 'link speed' mean?
Is that interent speed? Because if it is i can download a movie in 10 seconds??
I am just curious- here is a photo of my task manger and speedtest.net
Raggstar

A:Solved: Wireless "Link Speed'?

NO
Thats the speed of your internal network - the speed of the internet will be upto whatever deal you paid for -
Whats your download speed from your ISP ?
try this http://www.speedtest.net/
My taskmanager says 54Mbps - which is the max speed of my wireless G adapter in my Sony Laptop
Wireless G = 54Mbps
So you must be using a N router with a N adapter - is that correct ?
BUT
the speed of the wireless is NOT the speed of the internet
Even though I have a N router and my Sony with a G Adapter I'm running at 54Mbps - that only applies to the network speed - between PCs and NAS etc -

BUT my maximum internet speed is 2M download, because that all I pay for , and usually get just under that speed 1.9ish

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-link-speed.924685/
Relevancy 75.25%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music report (PLEASE event have HELP) Whole .. viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" computer and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP) drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP)

**(DONT KNOW IF THIS WILL HELP..)***

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2250 @ 1.73GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 502 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 39723 MB, Free - 23484 MB; D: Total - 12684 MB, Free - 3633 MB;

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please-help.981932/
Relevancy 75.25%

ok!!!!!!!!!! what is it and how do i fix it,,,, eyes crossed knees woobly help?????????????????????

A:[Solved] mplay32.exe,1"/play/close"%L"." and sndrec32.exe"%L"."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mplay32-exe-1-play-close-l-and-sndrec32-exe-l.197498/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi all this originally started with an issue with the wireless I recently installed a D-Link DIR- wireless router and did computer only" "local with Vista had with "local ethernet only" access wireless, now a basic setup giving it WPA security My Vista computer originally was able to connect to the router with Internet and before that to the modem directly with Ethernet but it was infected by the Vista Security virus which I removed after following some steps and MBAM Since then it can no longer connect to the wireless network so I Googled the issue and did a few things - Norton Remover - In command prompt ipconfig and netsh some commands that reset refreshed IP DNS or something along those lines - Going to wireless settings and disabling ipV - Going to wireless setting and manually giving it an IP Default Gateway DNS Vista computer had "local only" access with wireless, now "local only" with ethernet according to the specs that I found by using ipconfig on my working Windows laptop - Updating the Atheros driver to version Somewhere along the way I must ve nipped something important somewhere because now the Vista machine doesn t connect to the internet wirelessly NOR with the Ethernet cable attached Vista computer had "local only" access with wireless, now "local only" with ethernet The icon in the lower right hand corner shows that the machine sees the router but with Local Access only I ve done an ipconfig all with the machine and here are the results this is with ethernet attached Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name HomePC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - B- A- E- A DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - F- - F-D - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cc c bf a c b cbf Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap CF B -A - C B- DA-FC A D br CD Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap AA -A C- F-AFBB-DC F br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F AFB E -A E - B-A B -A B br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Conn... Read more

A:Vista computer had "local only" access with wireless, now "local only" with ethernet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-computer-had-local-only-access-with-wireless-now-local-only-with-ethernet.1031986/
Relevancy 74.82%

Running XP on 2 computers. Have them connected by a router. I set the router IP to 192.168.3.1 Everything connects great! When I connect to a wireless network, it all connects, but doesn't work ("connection timed out" or "Page not found" errors. The wire connection shows an IP of 192.168.2.1. If I disable my Local Area Network, the internet connects perfectly. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY I CAN USE MY LOCAL AREA NETWORK AND THE WIRELESS CONNECTION AT THE SAME TIME! Frustrating to the max! Any network specialists out there who can tell me how to fix this? Thanks!!!

A:Conflict between "Wireless Network Connection" & "Local Area Connection"

berkeleygh said:

Running XP on 2 computers. Have them connected by a router. I set the router IP to 192.168.3.1 Everything connects great! When I connect to a wireless network, it all connects, but doesn't work ("connection timed out" or "Page not found" errors. The wire connection shows an IP of 192.168.2.1.Click to expand...

You should know that x.x.2.1 is incorrect. For the router address shown, all devices that connect to it *must* be 192.168.3.x where x > 1 and < 255.

I would suspect that you have some static configuration data in the devices.

You want your router to offer DHCP in the range 2->32 (that's more than enough) and
you want all systems to use DHCP for the IP address and DNS settings.

Remove anything in the Alternative Configurations

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/conflict-between-wireless-network-connection-local-area-connection.154215/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi everyone!

Yesterday my HP laptop (Windows 7) started getting BSOD with various types of errors (mostly "STOP: 0x00000F4", "STOP: 0x0000007A", "c00021a" and one "missing %hs, c0000135"). Most of the time it restarts without any issues and works fine right after the BSOD and then an hour or two later I get a BSOD again.

I have tried restoring to Last Known Good Configuration, startup repair, hard disk check, virus scans and I also uninstalled any recently added programs I could think of and cleared up more than 50% of my hard disk space. None of these seem to have helped and I still get BSOD regularly.

I have attached the folder from the SF Diagnostic Tool and would appreciate any advice!
Thank you!

A:BSOD every few hours: mostly "STOP: 0x00000F4", "c00021a" & "c0000135"

Welcome to the forum.

MSINFO32:
Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).
------------------------
Upload a screenshot using: CrystalDiskInfo For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here
Test your Hard Drive(s) by running: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
------------------------
Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+: RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Tip
Pay close attention to Part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors"
Test the RAM with Memtest86+ for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.

------------------------
Monitor hardware temperature with system monitoring software like Speccy or HWMonitor. Upload a screen shot of the Summary tab as well:Piriform - Speccy
CPUID - HWMonitor
For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, 87a2e968, 87a2ead4, 83a55cf0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, 87a7bd40, 87a7beac, 83a1fcf0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/307397-bsod-every-few-hours-mostly-stop-0x00000f4-c00021a-c0000135.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I am using Windows 7 on my laptop and I have question about when to use "Home", "Work" and "Public" profile.

If I am logging in without setting password, and I am logging in network with "Public" profile, then will any other user, who can see my computer, be able to enter my computer and check the contents on my computer ?

I am connecting to a network and there are 6 other users connected to this network. In the set network location window, if I select the netwoek as "Home", does it mean that other 6 users will not be able to see my computer on network and if I use "Public", then all other six users will be able to see my computer on network ?

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/when-to-use-home-work-or-public-profile-while-connecting-to-network-478413.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello guys the last week I ve been strugling with these nasty BSODs At first I thought it was my HDDs as ntoskrn exe somewhat hinted towards that from googling it My HDDs have been causing a lot of trouble earlier as well due "ntoskrnl.exe" header", BSOD management", pool "Bad "Memory - to their somewhat long years of service However I ve recently reformated my computer and installed W on a brand new Corsair Force GT GB SSD hoping the BSODs would go away they didn t I googled BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" BSOD and I stumbled upon this forum and I thought I d give it a try I m somewhat desperate as I need my computer working for both work school and amusement I ve been trying to run Memtest in order to test my memory BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" but without any results I m also currently running on only on GB chip instead BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" of two to see if the problem still exists Also without any results This is the second time I m writing this thread btw I was just about to post it and my PC crashed Here is my two logs dxdiag last crash didn t generate a log oddly enough Here is additional hardware gear that I use Razer Megalodon Headset Razer Naga Logitech G Logitech C Webcam Corsair W PSU My temperatures are also good Both CPU and MB idles at around GPU s all good too I m also using a Corsair D chassi with dustfilters at both air-income so dust is minimal On top off this I use airpressure to clean away dust somewhat regularly and I also did exactly this days ago when I reinstalled the pc Thanks in advance nbsp

A:BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe"

Are you over-clocking? Is the bios set to its defaults? Is the SSD set on a SATA 3 port in AHCI mode?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-memory-management-bad-pool-header-ntoskrnl-exe.182278/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi all So I'm kind of stuck I currently have the problem where I am in an endless cycle of quot loading files quot - gt quot Windows Boot Manager quot see How To Boot Into Safe Mode On Windows The Easy Way I have tried to load all of the options -- and none successfully load I also end up at a OneKey Recovery as well unfortunately the laptop does not have initial backup or user backup Manager" -> files Boot ..." "Loading "OneKey" "Windows -> images I have a Windows CD for repairing purposes however I cannot load the BIOS UEFI to change "Loading files ..." -> "Windows Boot Manager" -> "OneKey" the boot order to load the optical drives first I have also tried to remove the CMOS battery to fix it did not work Also - Windows "Loading files ..." -> "Windows Boot Manager" -> "OneKey" Boot Manager Windows Setup EMS Enabled -- does not load properly leads to OneKey Recovery Safe Mode does not load properly Safe Mode with Networking does not load properly Safe Mode with Command Prompt doesn't load - tries to boot and load all files onto partition that is too small can't change partition Enable Boot Logging Enable Low-Resolution Video Debugging MOde Disable automatic restart on system failure Disable Driver Signature Enforcement Display Early Launch Anti-Malware Driver Start Windows Normally Any ideas would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55670-loading-files-windows-boot-manager-onekey.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Ok so I'm using a custom visual style made by another user however I don't really like the buttons used that I mentioned Changing of "minimize" buttons a theme and "close" "maximize" the above The creator states it is acceptable to change the theme to however you like Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme as long as you don't redistribute it anywhere Ok so I opened up the msstyles file using Restorator located in the theme folder of this VS I went into the images directory and located what seems Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme to be the images used for the buttons Intuitively it seems like it would make sense to replace those images with different ones perhaps from another visual style and it should change them However would this actually work Could the theme get messed up in some other way like proportions or something if the new button images are smaller I don't know of any other way to change them that would be easy But I did run into another problem For some visual styles I can't even locate those buttons in the images directory Where else would they be

A:Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme

Use Windows Style Builder to do that...

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/200947-changing-minimize-maximize-close-buttons-theme.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Example sentence: vrytim I prss ths kys, nothing happns. Now I'm writing with my on-sreen keyboard. I'm clueless when it comes to computer stuff. How do I fix this? Is this a software problem, or a hardware problem?Help is much appreciated!

A:Kyboard deos not respond to the keys: "e", "d", "c" and "3"

My keyboard hath the thame problem with the thupid eth key. The blathted thing ith driving me nutth.

All theriousneth...er...seriousness aside, usually, that is a hardware problem. Can you find or borrow another keyboard and see if it will work correctly on your machine?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/311639-kyboard-deos-not-respond-keys-e-d-c-3-a.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I am hoping this is an easy answer for someone and appreciate the help I have a laptop from work that I network network" for Wireless the issue..."Waiting cannot get to connect to my network It sees the network and shows the Wireless network issue..."Waiting for the network" SSID It even asked and allowed me to enter my WEP key When I hit connect A window that states quot Please wait while windows connects to XXXXXX network Waiting for the network quot And under that it has that little green bar going from right to left Then it times out I guess the window closes and it goes back to the choose a wireless network window I had open It doesn t matter if I m foot away or in another room the signal shows full bars I CAN however connect to a neighbors unsecured network with one bar of signal and connect at public Wifi locations without difficulty It s a brand new HP with XP professional and all updated drivers Some background as I m not sure if its a setting with my router or laptop I have a Westell Versalink W as my router Both laptop and router authentication set to open I was able to easily connect with an old personal laptop XP before it died I can easily connect to the network with my daughters Ipod and Wii I had a friend s netbook XP here and it connected fine but his other laptop XP had same issue My current laptop from work was recently replaced and the old one also XP had the same issue It will work fine if connected direct with a network cable to the router not sure if that means anything Thanks in advance for any thoughts or help nbsp

Relevancy 73.53%

I get this message when my wireless adaptor is plugged into one of my two usb ports. I have checked and I have a usb 2.0 port working. It says to disconnect from this port and connect it to a high speed enabled hub. It then lists 6 in bold.

The problem is I dont know a thing about usb ports etc so how exactly do I do this?

help much appreciated in advance guys

A:"Hi speed usb device attached to a non hi speed hub"

You get this message when the port that it is connected to is not usb 2.0. example:

computer usb port is 2.0 and the device you are using (camera, etc) is usb 1.0

or

computer usb port is 1.0 and the device you are using (camera, etc) is usb 2.0

or

computer usb port is 2.0 and the device you are using (camera, etc) is usb 2.0 but your usb hub (if you are using one) is usb 1.0.

basically somewhere you have a usb device or plug that is not at the same speed. Alot of times computer companies will put usb 2.0 ports in the back of the computer and only 1.0 on the front of the computer.. i have seen that before..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hi-speed-usb-device-attached-to-a-non-hi-speed-hub-95123.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I am connected to the network, and as you see I am online. But my Wireless Network Connection says that i am not connected to the network! It shows that red X. Can you tell me what is wrong with it? Its annoying and i keeps throwing me off. What should i do?
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\George>IPCONFIG/ALL

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : matrix
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : Yes
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Networ
k Connection
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-12-F0-CD-55-07
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.3
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 77.91.190.21
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, March 14, 2009 4:13:49 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, March 15, 2009 4:13:49 PM

C:\Documents and Settings\George>

A:Internet is working, but my "wireless internet connection" says "not connected"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-is-working-but-my-wireless-internet-connection-says-not-connected.809345/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi All I ve recently started teaching at school which has a serious internet problem When I joined the school they informed me the WIFI was terrible as the phone lines to issues: or "spread" School of A speed question Solved: WIFI the area were quot overloaded quot and they were working on getting fiber optics The annoying thing is they have given the students I pads but without internet access they are pretty useless Having worked there for three weeks I have seen that some classes have a decent connection and others have nothing The ones that do have WIFI are located next to what looks like Solved: School WIFI issues: A question of speed or "spread" a wireless router similar to what I have in my house with a little aerial My questions are would this router be some Solved: School WIFI issues: A question of speed or "spread" form of WIFI repeater And if so would installing more improve access in the classrooms If not and the quot overload quot explanation is true could someone point me in the right direction of where to start looking for possible solutions Thank you very much in advance and if you require any extra information just ask and I will investigate nbsp

A:Solved: School WIFI issues: A question of speed or "spread"

These are questions for the school's IT and it's also their responsibility to address, you should be taking your concerns to them. We cannot assist a user or employee with changing or altering what is generally a secured and controlled network and doing so could bring serious consequences to you and to us. I think this thread should be closed based on those grounds.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-school-wifi-issues-a-question-of-speed-or-spread.1134271/
Relevancy 72.67%

Okay first off let me say that this post has two separate issues but I post them together because I m not sure if they re related or not Problem Let me start off with a description of what s happened I purchased a new Dell laptop over the summer running Microsoft Windows Home Premium -bit SP and everything was fine But as I started to download some programs I realized that not all of them were listed in the Start Menu s quot All Programs quot folder for this example I chose to demonstrate it with CCleaner I have yet to pick up a pattern as to what programs make it into quot All Programs quot and what programs do not What s even weirder is what happens when I type into the Start Menu s Search Bar When I partially type up the name of a program that is not in quot All Programs quot there are "All Recent Programs" Issue Issue Menu Items and Start no results But when I type the name in its entirety as in the full quot CCleaner quot the program is found However when I try to open CCleaner from there I get an error saying it cannot find the program s exe And as you can see in the window C the program is definitely installed and works just fine when trying to open it Problem quot Recent "All Programs" Start Menu Issue and Recent Items Issue quot jump lists aren "All Programs" Start Menu Issue and Recent Items Issue t working either for some programs Microsoft Word for example I can right-click my pinned Windows Explorer and up will come a list of quot Recent quot folders I ve viewed With Word all I see listed is quot Microsoft Word quot and quot Unpin this program from the taskbar quot And yes when I open up Word the program itself does have items listed under quot Recent quot EDIT I just thought I d mention that I do NOT have CCleaner delete the files that store the quot Recent quot items or anything else from quot Windows Explorer quot for that matter --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Is there anyway I can just get all of explorer to have just a fresh start without having to wipe everything on my computer and start over from scratch Or do any of you have any ideas to help me out I apologize for the length of this post but I tried to make sure I was clear with what all is happening Thanks again Steve nbsp

A:"All Programs" Start Menu Issue and Recent Items Issue

I also just realized that none of the programs I open "recently" appear in the Start Menu (and yes I have the "Privacy" options set to store and show recent files and programs).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-programs-start-menu-issue-and-recent-items-issue.1069910/
Relevancy 72.67%

hi,

OK, this is a weird one.

I wanted to move the "My Music", "My Pictures", "My Videos" folders to another HDD. I moved the "My Documents" Folder to this HDD without a problem but the others I accidentally set the whole HDD as the folder (if that makes sense). So now the music, videos and pictures folders are set to this HDD and dont have an actual folder to change the properties of. Therein lies my dilema.

If anyone can offer any advice on this curly issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Shane

A:Remaking "My Music", "My Pictures", "My Videos" folders

Quote: Originally Posted by Legume

hi,

OK, this is a weird one.

I wanted to move the "My Music", "My Pictures", "My Videos" folders to another HDD. I moved the "My Documents" Folder to this HDD without a problem but the others I accidentally set the whole HDD as the folder (if that makes sense). So now the music, videos and pictures folders are set to this HDD and dont have an actual folder to change the properties of. Therein lies my dilema.

If anyone can offer any advice on this curly issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Shane

You have a backup from before the problem started? a win 7 dvd to do a repair install?
ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/109624-remaking-my-music-my-pictures-my-videos-folders.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I thought I was computer savvy until this problem came up When I double click my computer recycle bin control panel etc the hourglass comes up for a few seconds goes off and nothing else No error messages or anything just nothing I have viewed a few of the threads covering this and a common link was the hijack this result I have posted that here and really hope that someone can help me with this I have run SpyBotSD and adaware I have run mutiple virus scans I did an SFC and the final thing bin", I "control computer" "my "recycle open cannot panel" etc... was to repair windows using the original disk none of which has help I am running Window XP w SP Any other suggestions would be certainly appreciated Hope to here from someone soon MTCS out Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc... TDSTEL ENTERN app pppoeservice exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc... exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Apache Tomcat webapps Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc... Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA DEFEND DEFEND PopUpKiller exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Javasoft JRE bin javaw exe C Documents and Settings Charlotte Hough Desktop HijackThis exe O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO HP Print Clips - F -DC - -A C- F D C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp framework dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO IE PopUp-Killer Neikeisoft - E E F - C - D - D- - C PROGRA DEFEND DEFEND PopUp dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run StatusClient C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Apache Tomcat webapps Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe auto O - HKLM Run TomcatStartup C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox hpbpsttp exe O - HKLM Run OpwareSE quot C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe quot O - HKLM Run REGSHAVE C Program Files REGSHAVE REGSHAVE EXE AUTORUN O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp... Read more

A:I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc...

You may want to reinstall the operating system.

Backupthe files that are importantto you before you reinstall.

The "New" installation will overwrite the current one

If you do not format your hard drive before the reinstall the installation should not harm your files (That's why I suggest backingup your files) and will speed up the installation process.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-cannot-open-my-computer-control-panel-recycle-bin-etc.717788/
Relevancy 72.67%

OK As I said I am new Hope this info is the way you need it MANY MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE TIME amp HELP Check out the following HHEELLLPPP Logfile of HijackThis / THREAD "Context3.kanoodle" "xlime", "xads", NEW v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer NEW THREAD / "xads", "xlime", "Context3.kanoodle" v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system logonui exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C WINDOWS System Promon exe c program files mcafee com agent mcagent exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files interMute AdSubtract AdSub exe C PROGRA VCOM Fix-It mxtask exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C WINDOWS System NMSSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcshield exe C PROGRA VCOM Fix-It mxtask exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Frank M Gazzo Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default websearch drsnsrch com q cgi q R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http localhost O - BHO MultiMPPObj Class - EB - - -B -FBD D B FEA - C WINDOWS multimpp dll O - BHO Band Class - F A A- C - -A - E DC AB E - no file O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar no name - CDE A D-A - -BF -E B C F EB - no file O - Toolbar AdSubtract Toolbar - F AABDD- - e a- B - AC A B - C WINDOWS System adsubtb dll O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run Promon exe Promon exe O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA McAfee com Agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - Startup AdSubtract lnk C Program Files interMute AdSubtract AdSub exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Find Fast lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office FINDFAST EXE O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item AdSubtract Bypass Site - res C Program Files interMute AdSubtract AdSub exe O - Extra context menu item AdSubtract Cloak Image - res C Program Files interMute AdSubtract A... Read more

A:NEW THREAD / "xads", "xlime", "Context3.kanoodle"

hi

how to create a folder ?

right click anywhere in your desktop
click new,a tab opens ,click folder ,name it hjtantivirus .

download again hijackthis and install it in the new created folder .

your hjt is here now
C:\Documents and Settings\Frank M. Gazzo\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe

it will not work properly if it stays there .

and don t create a new thread ,keep only one thread .this one ,now .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/new-thread-xads-xlime-context3-kanoodle-23803.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I tried to associate the file extension .txt to a new editor program
with the well known cmdline programs ASSOC and FTYPE.

No, assigning them through WinExplorer menu does not work.
But this is another problem which should not discussed here.

When I type now one of the following alternative commands at the CommandPrompt then Win7 returns me something like:

assoc .txt=txtfile

"Access denied"
The following error occurs: .txt"

or

ftype txtfile=D:\notepad++\notepad++.exe "%%1"

"Access denied"
The following error occurs: txtfile"

Why?

The command above work fine under WinXP

Peter

A:"access denied" when using "assoc" and "ftype" from cmdline?

Question:

Did you run cmd.exe with administrative previlliges?
Elevated Command Prompt

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/101442-access-denied-when-using-assoc-ftype-cmdline.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi Looking for insight advice re KB According to Infoworld it was quot Optional quot in May but I was not offered it then This KB3054476 "Important"/"Recommended"/"Optional" offered as week it was offered as quot Important quot and quot Recommended quot but only for one of my Win boxes I have read the MS KB article as well as THIS FORUM THREAD the latter of which includes a report of a BSOD due to this particular update However there isn't much out on the web about it And most of the discussion about it is overly technical for me And I am confused as to why it was previously offered as quot Optional quot but now is quot Important quot KB3054476 offered as "Important"/"Recommended"/"Optional" or quot Recommended quot I don't think I quot need quot it as I have no webcam on this box And I don't like KB3054476 offered as "Important"/"Recommended"/"Optional" to tempt fate by fixing things that are not broken So questions Is it safe to install Is it really necessary important Or would I be OK to hide it Thanks very much in advance

A:KB3054476 offered as "Important"/"Recommended"/"Optional"

The status of updates changes with circumstances.
If an update isn't relevant, it won't be offered at all.
If however it's relevant but the related software is not apparently in use, it may be 'optional' - and gravitate to 'Recommended' or 'Important' if the related software is in use.
It can also be promoted through the hierarchy by MS depending on feedback through WU and error-trapped feedback.

If you have (and use) a webcam, then it's probably best to install the update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/372782-kb3054476-offered-important-recommended-optional.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Ok, so basically, whenever I turn the computer on, 3 error messages appear:

- A virtual driver failed to inicialize DLL. Chose close to end the program. H:/Windows/system32/code/pRee.exe

- A virtual driver failed to inicialize DLL. Chose close to end the program. H:/Windows/system32/code/pRee1.exe

- Error loading H:/Archiv~/GBPLUG~/gbiehcef.dll. Couldn't find specific module.

(sorry if some terms are incorrect, my computer is in Spanish, to I tried to translate as best as possible)

Please help me solve this terrible problem, it is really getting me on my nerves! (oh, and if this helps, I've recently donwloaded this so called "Limewire acceleration", and whenever I ran the setup, it didn't work. I don't really remember the name of the website I downloaded it from, sorry...)

A:Can't Open "My Documents", "Trash" or other files in "My Computer"!?

Hi and Welcome to the forum

I am almost certain that you have malware problems. Most like caused by you doing file sharing/ P2P - Limewire.

Suggest that you go here and follow the directions:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

Please be advised that the malware people are very busy and it could take a couple days to assist you.

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-open-my-documents-trash-or-other-files-in-my-computer-288056.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Per this article from last year:

Comcast upgrades speeds for Xfinity Internet Performance users for free - SlashGear
Better late than never (I guess):

How to upgrade your speed (if applicable):

Complete these easy steps to ensure you're receiving your faster speed:

1 Shut down your computer
2 Unplug your modem from the electrical outlet
3 Plug your modem back in
4 Unplug your router from the electrical outlet
5 Plug your router back in
6 Wait 30 seconds and turn your computer back on
To ensure your modem is a DOCSIS 3.0 modem and can take advantage of this speed increase, please click here:

DOCSIS Devices

Just curious to know if I'm one of the last ones to get this free upgrade.

I live in southern NJ.

A:Comcast "Finally" Doubled My Internet Download Speed

Just search Broadband Forums. You'll find plenty of discussion including dish, cable, fiber,TV, internet data etc.. Comcast isn't neglected.

I'd post the name of the one I participated on when I had Comcast. But it's been a few years. I don't remember the name of the site. I seem to have lost the bookmark.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/44714-comcast-finally-doubled-my-internet-download-speed.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I get a popup about every minutes with the title quot From Internet Speed Monitor quot I would like to remove this very much I ve scanned w AVG and SpyHunter and removed the threats but it keeps popping up There is nothing on control panel either here is my HJT log -------------------------------------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system spyware/ Speed Monitor" "From Internet removal popup winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry "From Internet Speed Monitor" spyware/ popup removal exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System SCardSvr exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Common Files InterVideo RegMgr iviRegMgr exe C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system UTSCSI EXE C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe "From Internet Speed Monitor" spyware/ popup removal C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe E Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files DNA btdna exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Documents and Settings KangMini Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files GetModule GetModule exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files GetPack GetPack exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe C WINDOWS system conime exe C Program Files Enigma Software Group SpyHunter SpyHunter exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO no name - E ED - B - - E - B CF - C WINDOWS system dougnd dll file missing O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - Toolbar Veoh Browser Plug-in - D - - -A B -AEFAF AB - E Veoh Plugins reg VeohToolbar dll O - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe O - HKLM Run IntelZeroConfig quot C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelWireless quot C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe quot tf Intel PROSet Wireless O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installquiet O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS system... Read more

A:"From Internet Speed Monitor" spyware/ popup removal

Hi, Welcome to TSG!!
Please close/disable all anti-virus and anti-malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of SDFix and make sure you are disconnected from the Internet after downloading the program but before extracting the files.
Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. They can interfere with SDFix and remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".
Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive. If yours is not listed and you don't know how to disable it, please ask.
Remember to re-enable the protection again afterwards before connecting to the Internet.
Download SDFix and save it to your Desktop.

Double click SDFix.exe and it will extract the files to %systemdrive%
(Drive that contains the Windows Directory, typically C:\SDFix)

Please then reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :
Restart your computer
After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually
Instead of Windows loading as normal, the Advanced Options Menu should appear
Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press Enter
Choose your usual account.

Open the extracted SDFix folder and double click RunThis.bat to start the script.
Type Y to begin the cleanup process.
It will remove any Trojan Services and Registry Entries that it finds then prompt you to press any key to reboot.
Press any Key and it will restart the PC.
When the PC restarts the Fixtool will run again and complete the removal process then display Finished, press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.
Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt
(Report.txt will also be copied to the clipboard ready for posting back on the forum).
Paste the contents of the Report.txt back here with a new HijackThis log

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/from-internet-speed-monitor-spyware-popup-removal.756807/
Relevancy 72.67%

Is there any way to speed up the time it takes to close the preview window? By default, it takes about 1.5 seconds for the window to close after moving the mouse off of the icon or preview pane. Can we make it instantaneous?

NOTE: Turning off taskbar animations in the "visual effects" does not shorten the time. It just takes away the animation, but, it still takes about 1.5 seconds for the preview to go away.

A:Speed up time it takes to "close" taskbar thumbnail preview window?

It takes less than a second for me. it could just be you. Try testing this on another W7 PC and see what happens. On my previous laptop it took two seconds for the preview thumbnail to disappear.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/260130-speed-up-time-takes-close-taskbar-thumbnail-preview-window.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Any way to speed up my extremely slow machine? Task Manager always has, for example, "System" at a high % of RAM, always in red zone, but I read online that that's okay, that it just means that what the system isn't working on is referred to as the RAM that isn't being used, but everything is so slow during every step of work, every little step is slow, resulting in too much frustration. If Task Manager has all the answers when it comes to where the RAM is going, is this high % of "System" process really okay? Any way to alleviate any issues? I already googled how to make the system faster which mainly resulted in my uninstalling a lot of unneeded programs but I still don't remember the computer being this slow before Windows 10, for example, even if that may be unrelated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/any-way-to-speed-up-extremely-slow-machine-task-manager-system-high-of-ram-1046825.html
Relevancy 72.67%

A "manual configuration" is supposed to speed up the time it takes for FireFox to load.....

Start Firefox3 and go to Tools Menu >>> Option >>> (in the new window) chose Advanced >>> Network Tab >>> (in connection Table) press Setting button >>> (in the new window) chose Manual Proxy Configuration >>> type in the HTTP Proxy Field: 127.0.0.1 >>> and Port: 0 >>> click OK >>> click OK >>> restart your firefox3

What exactly is happening with a "manual proxy configuration"?
Is anything compromised or would any functionality of the browser be lessened by configuring a manual proxy configuration?
Why doesn't FireFox have it set like this to begin with if it causes a faster start up?

A:[SOLVED] "Manual proxy configuration" to speed up FireFox load time

Hi -

Because those "fixes" end up giving you an unstable Firefox You'll find out.
Saluti . . .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/solved-manual-proxy-configuration-to-speed-up-firefox-load-time-379712.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I've been having an issue with having to wait for the remote scheduled tasks to view shares on other computers. Very frustrating- Earlier I was informed there was a quick fix but I got mixed reviews...I made the change in registry> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Current Version/Explorer/RemoteComputer/NameSpace and deleted the {D6277990-4C6A-11CF-8D87-00AA0060F5BF} key...When accessing Windows Vista and 7 users remotely I noticed an error which wasn't an issue on my end and it resolved my issue accessing winxp users MUCH faster.

I opened Task Scheduler, I noticed that status of Elevator scheduled task was 0xFFFFFFFF – this translates to ERROR_UNHANDLED_ERROR.
I tried to enable it but it still shows Elevator (unhandled) in history but the the scheduled tasks are loading... I'm afraid to mess with it again. Should I just try to put the key back again???

A:Solved: Trying to speed up Share View (xp tweak) "error code 0xFFFFFFFF"

You should never make any changes to a computer that you cannot easily undo.

If the error appeared after making a registry change, then restoring the undamaged registry would seem a logical course of action. Other changes could have been made in the registry in entries that rely on that one, so a whole, undamaged registry should be restored for best results.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-trying-to-speed-up-share-view-xp-tweak-error-code-0xffffffff.1023511/
Relevancy 72.24%

First things first thanks to all who can help I need to programmatically make some adjustments to the Internet Explorer security settings Most of these settings I have found but there are a few I have not been able to get a clear exact location for in the registry I will be using for "First "Always and "Accept" and Allow setting registry value the cookies" Session for Party Cookies" Need option EXACT location of a BAT file to make the adjustments on PCs Here is what I am looking for Under the quot Internet nbsp Properties quot found Need EXACT location and value of registry setting for "Always Allow Session cookies" and the "Accept" option for "First Party Cookies" in control panel under the quot Privacy quot tab there is an quot Advanced quot option button When I click on it I get an quot Advance Privacy Settings quot options box On it are several settings The first setting quot Override automatic cookie handling quot needs to be checked in order to access the other options I can do that by adjusting the DWord value of quot PrivacyAdvanced quot under the quot Internet Settings quot key in the registry quot HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet settings quot to be specific What I have not been able to find are the registry entries for the quot First-party Cookies quot quot Accept Block or Prompt quot options the quot Third-party Cookies quot quot Accept Block or Prompt quot options and the quot Always allow session cookies quot check box Please see picture below I have seen references to the following settings as being where those options exist but nothing that explains what each byte bit controls so I don't know if or where in these settings I will find the control for the things I need to adjust I don't want to blindly accept some code someone says includes the settings I need I need to know exactly what to do to change ONLY the things I am looking for span span span HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet span span Settings span span Zones span span span span span span quot AEBA FA- A- A - D-B C quot span span span span hex span span span span a span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span c span span span span a span span span span f span span span span span span span span span span span span span span f span span span span e span span span span a span span span span span span span span e span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span a span span span span span span span span a span span span span e span span span span c span span span span span span span span d span span span span span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span quot A A C - EB - -A A - C F quot span span span span hex span span span span a span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span c span span span span a span span span span f span span span span span span span span span span span span span span f span span span span e span span span span a span span span span span span span span e span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span a span span span span span span span span span span span span e span span span span c span span span span span span span span d span span span span span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span Any help finding those settings will be greatly appreciated Currently I am using Win Ent x and IE But I also need to know how to ... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/41b75117-44ba-4a25-b210-41d72920cafc/need-exact-location-and-value-of-registry-setting-for-quotalways-allow-session-cookiesquot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 72.24%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at changed "From hdd speed internet icons pop-ups and monitor" on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE hdd icons changed and "From internet speed monitor" pop-ups Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes D WINDOWS System smss exe D WINDOWS system winlogon exe D WINDOWS system services exe D WINDOWS system lsass exe D WINDOWS system svchost exe D WINDOWS System svchost exe D Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe D Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe D WINDOWS Explorer EXE D Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe D WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE D Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe D Program hdd icons changed and "From internet speed monitor" pop-ups Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE D Program Files Babylon Babylon-Pro Babylon exe D PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe D WINDOWS system ctfmon exe D WINDOWS system spoolsv exe D Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe D Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync Wcescomm exe D Program Files Sony Ericsson Sony Ericsson PC Suite SEPCSuite exe D Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite PCSuite exe D Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe D PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exe D Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite PCSync exe D Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe D PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXE D Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe D Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe D Program Files Eset nod krn exe D WINDOWS system nvsvc exe D Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol hdd icons changed and "From internet speed monitor" pop-ups StarWind StarWindServiceAE exe D Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe D Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe D Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe D Program Files PC Connectivity Solution ServiceLayer exe D Program Files PC Connectivity Solution Transports NclUSBSrv exe D Program Files Common Files Nokia MPAPI MPAPI s exe D Program Files PC Connectivity Solution Transports NclRSSrv exe D Program Files PC Connectivity Solution Transports NclBCBTSrv exe D PROGRA hpq Shared HPQTOA EXE D Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe D Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware Ad-Watch exe D Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - D Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - Toolbar Babylon - B B - E - - DE -F FA B E - D Program Files Babylon Babylon Toolbar BabylonIEToolBar dll O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot D WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync D WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A D WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut CHDAudPropShortcut exe O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant D Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE D WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE D WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installquiet nodetect O - HKLM Run QlbCtrl exe D Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe Start O - HKLM Run nod kui quot D Program Files Eset nod kui exe quot WAITSERVICE O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot D Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Babylon Client D Program Files Babylon Babylon-Pro Babylon exe -AutoStart O - HKLM Run MsUpdate C Set... Read more

A:hdd icons changed and "From internet speed monitor" pop-ups

Hello. Apologies for any delay in replying, but we have been rather busy lately.

Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you still require assistance with this issue, and since it's been several days since your original log was posted, please do this:

I see you have more than one Anti-Virus program installed, NOD32 and Avast. While this may seem like greater protection, it can cause problems including slowdowns and system hangs. Choose one to keep and uninstall the other.

Any antivirus program must be removed via add/remove program.
For any program that doesn't have an add/remove entry, you will have to do this:re-install the program -> reboot -> uninstall-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Download RSIT by random/random and save it to your desktop.
Double click RSIT.exe to start the tool and click Continue at the disclaimer.
When the scan completes it will open a log named log.txt maximized, and a log named info.txt minimized.
Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of log.txt here.
Please attach info.txt to your post.
To attach a file to a new post, simplyClick the[Manage Attachments] button under Additional Options > Attach Files on the post composition page, and
copy and paste the following into the "Upload File from your Computer" box:C:\rsit\info.txt

Click Upload.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/hdd-icons-changed-and-from-internet-speed-monitor-pop-ups-293874.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I installed a progarm called "Speed Optimizer" a while ago. I am currently doing a "spring clean" on my PC ( XP ) and when trying to remove this program ( either in control panel or using program options ) the install starts and gets so far then receive error ( which stops the uninstall process ):

OPEN
INSTALL LOG
File not foung
Please verify the correct file name was given

Had a search and all I could find are, **see attachment**

Can anyone help??

Relevancy 72.24%

i just bought a 100 pack of memorex cd-r 52x 700mb 80 min. my burner's maximum speed is 40x. i put a cd in my burner and tried to burn using my normal nero 6 program, but i got a "disk speed error" right after or during the lead-in. i tried burning with cd-da, and it also failed. as well as WMP. i was planning on returning the disks, but i still dont understand why these discs dont work. im not doing anything differently, or so i think. SOMETIMES (twice) these discs have burned sucessfully, but none else. i try to burn both MP3 and WMA formats into an audio cd.

any suggestions? help GREATLY appreciated

A:CD burner experiencing "disk speed error"

i've got a 40x and it chokes above 12x, slow it down.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burner-experiencing-disk-speed-error.275848/
Relevancy 72.24%

Well, I don't know if I should ask this but anyway. I want to know if there is any "LEGITIMATE" way of increasing my network's speed a little bit for free without wrecking my network connection.

A:Is there any "LEGITIMATE" way of increasing download speed for free?

Download speed is determined primarily by the connection between your computer and your ISP. Pay for a faster connection.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/301445-there-any-legitimate-way-increasing-download-speed-free.html
Relevancy 72.24%

what exactly does 180x mean? I'm looking to buy a beautiful flash drive from Patriot/Newegg that has a read speed of 180x. What I know is that this is really fast. what i dont know is how fast. What is an "x"?? I was trying to find this by googling, but with no avail.

A:Solved: drive speed rating system in "X"

See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital
180x is 180 x 150 kiloBytes per second(1x) for 26.4MB/s

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-drive-speed-rating-system-in-x.772227/
Relevancy 72.24%

Some days my XP is so slow to load websites that I have to restart my IP several times. Some days my IP loads just fine. Lately I have noticed that I have more problems in the afternoon. Could it be my high speed cable connection?

Relevancy 72.24%

If I want to disable add-ons, I could go to the internet options. So I don't want to be bothered anymore by this sign. How do I get rid of it permanently?

A:"Speed up browsing by disabling add-ons" How can I make this not appea

You could start using Chromium.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/295822-speed-up-browsing-disabling-add-ons-how-can-i-make-not-appea.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi brink,

Is there any way to change "Open Windows with animation" speed;

A:Any way to change "Open Windows with animation" speed?

Hello nonpasaran,

This may be able to help with what you are wanting. Be sure to read all of it for additional ideas.

Taskbar Thumbnail Previews - Change Delay Time

OR

Taskbar Thumbnail Live Preview - Change Delay Time

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/183866-any-way-change-open-windows-animation-speed.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I recently have a pop-up that appears EVERYTIME I use Google as the search engine The resuts will appear and then a window that takes up the ENTIRE left side of the screen with ads for websites concerning my keyword search At the top of the window is quot Internet Speed Monitor quot At the bottom is a statement quot Ads by Monitor" Speed "Internet Pop-Up... Annoying Solved: ISM and not from the website you are visiting quot I use ZoneAlarm Firewall Solved: Annoying Pop-Up... "Internet Speed Monitor" AVG Anti-Virus Ad-Aware SE Personal SpyBot Search amp Destroy SpywareBlaster CC Cleaner System is Windows XP SP Here is my HJT LOG- Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE Solved: Annoying Pop-Up... "Internet Speed Monitor" avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www azcentral com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run P Helper Rundll P dll P Helper O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService isuspm exe quot -startup O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run DVDLauncher quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run DMXLauncher C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run WMPNSCFG C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button UltimateBet - DB -B D- - DA- CBB F BF - C Program Files Ultima... Read more

Relevancy 72.24%

Running Windows ME desktop Dell Dimension 4100. Past few months, when trying to do Speed Disk defrag of C drive, I get pop-up: "An error has been detected that can be fixed by running NDD. We recommend that you run it now." Then, I do NDD,"examining Drive C", in which action goes back and forth between Partition Table and Boot record ... sometimes proceeds to File Structure, then goes back to Boot Record, Partition Table, like a loop. Never completes all the steps. Now, neither NDD nor Speed Disk work. Had worked fine til a few months ago.

Does anyone have suggestions? I fear that the system will get clogged arteries if I do not do the defrag. BTW...the Windows Defrag doesn't work, either! Had worked in the recent past.

Appreciate your help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/norton-systemworks-speed-disk-failure.518975/
Relevancy 72.24%

Popup "Internet speed monitor" my hijacking browser toolbar quot Internet Speed Monitor quot on the left side of my browser "Internet speed monitor" hijacking my browser anytime I do a search Have run avg virus scanner and webroot spysweeper in safe mode "Internet speed monitor" hijacking my browser and with system restore off and still can t get rid of it tia for any help XP Pro Code Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXE C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C WINDOWS System DSentry exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbtbmgr exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbtbmon exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Promise Utility MsgAgt exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper WRSSSDK exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM notepad exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr System panels blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO BndShell BHO Class - A - - aa-ADAC-B F A A D - C Program Files QdrDrive QdrDrive dll O - BHO no name - A -E CA- D - CD - D B - no file O - Toolbar FlashGet Bar - E E AB-F - D - D - BA E - no file O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run IntelMeM C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exe O - HKLM Run CTSysVol C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe O - HKLM Run CTDVDDet C Program Files Creative SBAudigy DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXE O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run AsioReg REGSVR EXE S CTASIO DLL O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run DVDSentry C WINDOWS System DSentry exe O - HKLM Run PCMService quot C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe quot O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot r O - HKLM Run Dell Photo AIO Printer quot C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbtbmgr exe quot O - HKL... Read more

A:"Internet speed monitor" hijacking my browser

I also have run trend micros online scanner and pandas online scanners, I have the log saved of the pandas active scan.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-monitor-hijacking-my-browser.653715/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello I've been having trouble lately with a popup which is repeatedly showing up even while running my computer in safe mode and causing serious system slowdown Having had a similar problem before I suspect its some sort of Malware or spyware that my scanners aren't catching When I had this problem before I came here and received excellent assistance in clearing it up so I'm posting a HijackThis log for you perusal Thanks in advance for your assistance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS Popup Random "Internet Monitor" Speed System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system rxjddnvj exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS System mmdmm exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C WINDOWS System regsvr exe C Program Files QdrModule QdrModule exe C Program Files QdrPack QdrPack exe C Documents and Settings Faye Cox fgfg exe C Program Files America Online aoltray exe C Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exe C WINDOWS system sistray exe C WINDOWS System msmsgs exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS rundll exe C WINDOWS System lxcycoms exe C WINDOWS loader Random Popup "Internet Speed Monitor" exe C Program Files Common Files AOL Loader aolload Random Popup "Internet Speed Monitor" exe C WINDOWS system pctspk Random Popup "Internet Speed Monitor" exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe c program files aol aol toolbar AolTbServer exe C WINDOWS TEMP eraseme exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS usnsvc exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dbsarticles com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize yco www yahoo com R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe C WINDOWS system rxjddnvj exe O - BHO no name - -d e - bc -a bd- d ca be - no file O - BHO no name - - e- aac-afd -eff a dd - no file O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO no name - e f -a e - b -b - bf db fb - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - dfedaa- - d -bfc - b a d - no file O - BHO no name - F - D - - AD - C D ADC - no file O - BHO no name - adbcce -cf - e- b -afc a c a - no file O - BHO no name - d cb -cc c- -a e -f b d bcf - no file O - BHO no name - ef - a a- d - -b e cc - no file O - BHO no name - C D -A AB- B-B D-FD C FEF - no file O - BHO no name - - - - A - F D - no file O - BHO no name - bc-a - a d- cdf-ba c f e - no file O - BHO no name - abc a- e - d -b b-d c f a c - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO AOL Toolbar BHO - C - CB - A -B F - EA C F - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - BHO BndBlock BHO Class - F E BE - D- -BB E- D B - C Program Files QdrDrive QdrDrive dll O - BHO no name - a - - e - a -a... Read more

A:Random Popup "Internet Speed Monitor"

Apologises for the delay getting to your log. The helpers here are all volunteers and we have been very busy lately. If you are still having malware problems,follow instructions below.

================

You are using an outdated version of Hijackthis. Please uninstall from Add/Remove programs, and delete your current version.

Next, download HijackThis to your desktop

Alternate link

Double-click on the file you just downloaded.
Click on the "Unzip" button to install. It will by default install to the directory - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis

Upon install, HijackThis should open for you.

Should it not open, navigate to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis and double click on HijackThis.exe

1. If it gives you an intro screen, just choose 'Do a system scan and save a logfile'.
2. If you don't get the intro screen, just hit Scan and then click on Save log.
3. Do not post that log, instead, do this next:

=====================================================

Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to your Desktop. Note: You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.Close all applications and windows.
Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.
When the scan is complete, two text files will open - main.txt <- this one will be maximized and extra.txt <-this one will be minimized
Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt here.
Please attach extra.txt to your post.
To attach a file to a new post, simplyClick the[Manage Attachments] button under Additional Options > Attach Files on the post composition page, and
copy and paste the following into the "Upload File from your Computer" box:C:\Deckard\System Scanner\extra.txt

Click Upload.
What DSS will do: create a new System Restore point in Windows XP and Vista.
clean your Temporary Files, Downloaded Program Files, and Internet Cache Files, and also empty the Recycle Bin on all drives.
check some important areas of your system and produce a report for your analyst to review. DSS automatically runs HijackThis for you, but it will also install and place a shortcut to HijackThis on your desktop if you do not already have HijackThis installed.

===================
Logs Required
C:\Deckard\System Scanner\main.txt
C:\Deckard\System Scanner\extra.txt<----Attached

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/random-popup-internet-speed-monitor-215338.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello I am having problems with quot Internet Speed Monitor quot popups as well as all kinds of WinAntiSpyware popups and message windows It was so bad at first that Solved: Popups...etc. Help) (Please Speed "Internet Monitor" my system was very slow and just getting to this forum and finding then printing out a thread that was similar to my issue was all I could do I followed all the direction that someone else having my problem was given but I am still having popups However many things were removed and my performance is much better now to the point that I can actually post here I am still getting the popup adds fo quot Internet Speed Monitr quot and quot WinAntiSpyware quot Following are all the logs for all the programs I ran and in the order I did them including my latest HiJackThis log I also updated my Java runtime to the latest Thanks for any help you can offer I will post each log in an individual reply below right now Ran SDFix log below Ran CatchMe log below Ran ComboFix log below Ran SUPERAntiSpyware log below Ran SmitFraudFix log below Updated Java Runtime Ran HijackThis Scan log below nbsp

A:Solved: "Internet Speed Monitor" Popups...etc. (Please Help)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-speed-monitor-popups-etc-please-help.634402/
Relevancy 72.24%

I keep getting popups from "from Internet Popups Manager" Speed Titled some program called quot internet speed manager quot or something like that I went through the five steps and here are my results From PandaScan Incident Status Location Adware Popups Titled "from Internet Speed Manager" Adware Amera Not disinfected c program files qdrpack qdrpack exe Adware adware Popups Titled "from Internet Speed Manager" keenvalue Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Mark Popp Desktop Complete IncrediMail Installation lnk Adware adware savenow Not disinfected c program files VVSN Potentially unwanted tool application mywebsearch Not disinfected hkey current user software MyWebSearch Potentially unwanted tool application funweb Not disinfected hkey local machine software Fun Web Products Adware adware comet Not disinfected Windows Registry Adware Adware SaveNow Not disinfected C Documents and Settings LocalService Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE GP VK L upgrade cab upgrade exe onestep exe Spyware Cookie Com com Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Mark Popp Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles nhkandn default cookies txt com com Spyware Cookie Atwola Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Mark Popp Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles nhkandn default cookies txt atwola com Spyware Cookie Go Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Mark Popp Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles nhkandn default cookies txt go com Spyware Cookie Xiti Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Mark Popp Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles nhkandn default cookies txt xiti com Spyware Cookie Azjmp Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Mark Popp Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles nhkandn default cookies txt azjmp com Spyware Cookie did-it Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Mark Popp Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles nhkandn default cookies txt did-it com Virus Trj ClassLoader AH Disinfected C Documents and Settings Mark Popp Application Data Sun Java Deployment cache javapi v jar cnte-dhncgts jar- ece ed- d e zip BnnnnBaa class Virus Trj ClassLoader AH Disinfected C Documents and Settings Mark Popp Application Data Sun Java Deployment cache javapi v jar cnte-dhncgts jar- ece ed- d e zip VaannnaaBaa class Virus Trj ClassLoader AH Disinfected C Documents and Settings Mark Popp Application Data Sun Java Deployment cache javapi v jar cnte-dhncgts jar- ece ed- d e zip Bnnnnn class Spyware Cookie YieldManager Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Mark Popp Cookies mark popp ad yieldmanager txt Spyware Cookie Azjmp Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Mark Popp Cookies mark popp azjmp txt Spyware Cookie BurstNet Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Mark Popp Cookies mark popp burstnet txt Spyware Cookie BurstBeacon Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Mark Popp Cookies mark popp www burstbeacon txt Spyware Cookie Target Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Mark Popp Local Settings Temp Cookies mark popp target txt Adware Adware Amera Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Mark Popp Local Settings Temp ismtpa exe QdrPack exe Adware Adware Yazzle Not disinfected C E tmp Adware Adware Yazzle Not disinfected C Program Files Common Files Yazzle OinUninstaller exe Adware Adware Yazzle Not disinfected C Program Files Common Files Yazzle OinUninstaller exe Virus Generic Malware Disinfected C Program Files PopsMedia Site Adviser vm killer exe Virus Trj Cimuz CI Disinfected C WINDOWS system hostwl exe Adware Adware SaveNow Not disinfected C WINDOWS Temp ONE tmp upgrade exe onestep exe and the two log files from DSS Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Mark Popp on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deck... Read more

A:Popups Titled "from Internet Speed Manager"

okay this has been viewed 36 times, what did i screw up?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/popups-titled-from-internet-speed-manager-197990.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I'm running on an HP, XP Home and even though I have Avast! virus protection and I run Adaware and Ewido I can't get rid of "By Internet Speed Monitor" popups. What should I do?

Thank you.

Relevancy 72.24%

Hey,

I just formatted a drive (for my mp3 player) but I used 1024 byte block size (or allocation unit size) but I think it may have been 4096 bytes (4Kb) before. I know that the higher the block size, the faster read and writes are but the more space you waste for small files or at the end of a file.

Now I'm kind of noticing the player scans a lot longer for one song than before (which would make sense cause it's taking longer to read b/c of the smaller block size). OR I'm just imagining it. So I came here to ask, does it really make that big of a difference? Should I reformat it with 4Kb blocks?

A:How big of a difference in HD speed does "block size" make?

In the case of MP3s, they are quite a lot larger than either a 1024 or 4096 cluster size. When storing large files, you will see essentially no difference in slack space.

As for difference in performance, music plays only so fast (very slow) compared to the drive's ability to find and read data.

Slack becomes an issue when large numbers of your files are a size that is a small fraction the size of a cluster. i.e. 75 or 100 bytes when cluster size is 1024 and even worse when cluster is 4096; but, if your files are mostly a half Meg or more, slack space difference between clusters 1024 and 4096 is almost nonexistent.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-big-of-a-difference-in-hd-speed-does-block-size-make.532049/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi I ve searched for about an hour and a half around the forums to try and find the answer to this but I didn t I d rather not bring my laptop to the store for repairs since I don t know when I ll see it back I have a laptop about years old Worked almost flawlessly until recently It s a toshiba satellite celeron I believe with megs of RAM I have a problem with my wireless connection Recently it started quot not finding available networks quot It s stupid because the wireless card actually works since I m connected right now as I am typing this My card automatically connects to the last network it was in so I can only connect to a random network that is around my house but not my actual one I cannot change my connection to my own router since it says quot No wireless networks found in range quot It s not cool because now at school I can t get on the network since it can t find it The Network stumbler finds connections around my house but the quot wireless network connection quot window doesn t I reinstalled my drivers I tried playing in the services and msconfig-boot utilities but network says networks to were "No !!! Connected wireless wireless range" found in to see if I had disabled something nothing anybody ever saw something like that thanks a lot in advance nbsp

A:Connected to wireless network but says "No wireless networks were found in range" !!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wireless-network-but-says-no-wireless-networks-were-found-in-range.507659/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello I got trouble booting my laptop it s a Compaq presario -XL I do not know the exact detail of the system except that its a pentium with mhz and ram running Windows XP professional version service pack When I boot the computer it gives me the messege CPU Intel R Mobile Pentium R III processor MHz K Sytem Ram passed Extended Ram Passed Serial Presence Detect SPD Unavailable - memory speed unkown SPD required for reliable operation System Halted Click to expand It does not let me get into the bios the bios screen apears Presence unkow" memory doesn't boot (SPD) "Serial Unavailable speed - Laptop - Detect for seconds and then goes streight to the Laptop doesn't boot - "Serial Presence Detect (SPD) Unavailable - memory speed unkow" error messege I tried unpluging the RAM the computer then boots as normal veeeery slow obviously I also tried reseting the bios as I can enter the bios when unpluging the ram I also tried to put a similar ram module into the computer from a computer of the same kind It causes me to think there is a serious hardware problem somewhere so I put it into the hardware forum The error occured after not using the computer for weeks I also have not installed any new soft or hardware and the ram is installed properly with no obvious sings of a problem I would very much appriciate any help sauhund nbsp

A:Laptop doesn't boot - "Serial Presence Detect (SPD) Unavailable - memory speed unkow"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-doesnt-boot-serial-presence-detect-spd-unavailable-memory-speed-unkow.520128/
Relevancy 71.81%

I have been having a lot of problems with my DSL connection for the last - months status/speed/stability Inet program - connect? Detect connection Internet "health" of and everytime I talk to tech support they give me some line that their system is showing that my connection Internet connection "health" program - Detect status/speed/stability of Inet connect? is running fine yet I am gettin - of the speed I pay for What Internet connection "health" program - Detect status/speed/stability of Inet connect? I want to do is find a program or write a script that will run a few programs like ping and wget every - mins I figure ping will show response time and latency and wget will show how fast I can download a Internet connection "health" program - Detect status/speed/stability of Inet connect? file of a given size and it shows the average speed Is there anything else that I should run that would show the quot health quot of my connection such as netstat or tracert If there is no program out there that I can have run on a continual basis would writing a batch file or script for ping and wget be adequate Is there a way I can pipe or save the displayed information from when these programs run I figure that I can just append the end of the file as each script runs and create a new log file for each day or week Any suggestions nbsp

A:Internet connection "health" program - Detect status/speed/stability of Inet connect?

Let's just take a look at the line quality.
Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. It's best to run this test with a direct wired connection to eliminate any wireless issues from the results. It's useful many times to run this test several times, and we'd like to see each of the results. Post the results link from the top of the test display page for each test run here.

The link to post is near the top of the page and looks like:

If you wish to post this result to a forum, please copy/paste this URL
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2357195 <- sample only, yours will obviously be different!
and your IP will be disguised.

Copy/paste that link here.

Note: You will have to enable PING (ICMP) request response either in your router (if you have one), or in your computer's firewall for direct modem connections. This is very important to get the most important part of the test to run.
DSLReports

Here's also the Line Quality Tests FAQ to help you understand the results. This will answer some questions about the line quality display.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-health-program-detect-status-speed-stability-of-inet-connect.903797/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello: I haven't noticed this as an issue until some recent w8 auto updates (last 2 months, is generous estimate). "Save as..." take about 20-30 seconds, for 2 3rd-party medium weight word processors, to display the folder window where your want to save. It looks like it takes the computer a while to "round up" all the directory info to display it in the "save as..." window.
-I did read here & elsewhere on changing the general option in the properties of a folder. I don't think that helped. I did also read (here?) about disconnecting the networked folders. I did do that, rebooted. There was no speedup. But then I remapped them all, and now MS-branded apps like wordpad & word/excel, do show the "save as..." window within a second or 2, as before. I don't know what's going on here. Advice? (Note: I do clean up the reg daily). Thank you.

A:speed up, some apps, "save as" times?

That's quite a few updates to sift through. Have you tried searching ms update list for one pertaining to file save dialogs? I tend to avoid updates unless I think I need a specific one or it's a service pack. So I haven't yet found an efficient way to search through them. Perhaps another poster has some ideas to make tracking down the culprit easier.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/48481-speed-up-some-apps-save-times.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I just restored a Dell dimention 2400 pc. The only thing that bugs me is the fact that the "all programs" window fades in very slowly. It also pops up when I quickly run the curser over it. Is there timing settings for this?

A:how to speed up the opening of the "all programs" window?

If you have TweakUI installed, you can change the Menu Speed in their.

Or with a Registry entry.
http://www.petri.co.il/speed_up_start_menu_in_windows_xp.htm

Or is this what you are looking for.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/tips/nguyen1.mspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-speed-up-the-opening-of-the-all-programs-window.452495/
Relevancy 71.38%

O k I malware Monitor" Speed "By Internet have Norton which did nothing to stop or fix this I have really bad pop ups mostly titled quot By Internet Speed Monitor quot I have looked at other posts and already Installed HijackThis Here is my log What do I do next Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C "By Internet Speed Monitor" malware WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System drivers trcboot exe C WINDOWS System drivers appnnode exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C WINDOWS system LxrJD s exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files "By Internet Speed Monitor" malware Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system CCM CcmExec exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C OfficeScan NT RAUAgent exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files HPQ HP ProtectTools Security Manager PTHOSTTR EXE C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files hpq Shared hpqwmi exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system regscan exe C Program Files MySpace IM MySpaceIM exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files ISM ISMModule exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net home html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO TB Class - CB BA - E F- - D -E D B FE A - C Program Files WinBudget bin matrix dll file missing O - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dll O - BHO no name - - E - b -BBF -C D B BCE C - C WINDOWS system tmp E tmp dll file missing O - BHO no name - D C - BEC- FD-A E - C - C WINDOWS system mljgf dll file missing O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO no name - F -EFA - - F -F EDC E D - C WINDOWS system ddcya dll file missing O - BHO no name - ADF -BF - A -A AE-FCABE D - C WINDOWS system werwee dll file missing O - BHO no name - C E C-BDE - de -BB - CAA FDC - C WINDOWS system trbqxqyx dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser UIBHO dll O - HKLM Run RemoteAgent C OfficeScan NT RAUAgent exe O - HKLM Run Symantec PIF AlertEng quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe quot a m quot C Program Files Common Fil... Read more

A:"By Internet Speed Monitor" malware

NOTE: If you have downloaded ComboFix previously please delete that version and download it again!

Download this file :
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/Beta/ComboFix.exe

Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log

Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window while its running. That may cause it to stall

=====================
Download Superantispyware (SAS) free home version

http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html

Install it and double-click the icon on your desktop to run it.
· It will ask if you want to update the program definitions, click Yes.
· Under Configuration and Preferences, click the Preferences button.
· Click the Scanning Control tab.
· Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked:
o Close browsers before scanning
o Scan for tracking cookies
o Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
o Please leave the others as they were.
o Click the Close button to leave the control center screen.
· On the main screen, under Scan for Harmful Software click Scan your computer.
· On the left check C:\Fixed Drive.
· On the right, under Complete Scan, choose Perform Complete Scan.
· Click Next to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
· After the scan is complete a summary box will appear. Click OK.
· Make sure everything in the white box has a check next to it, then click Next.
· It will quarantine what it found and if it asks if you want to reboot, click Yes.
· To retrieve the removal information for me please do the following:
o After reboot, double-click the SUPERAntispyware icon on your desktop.
o Click Preferences. Click the Statistics/Logs tab.
o Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
o It will open in your default text editor (such as Notepad/Wordpad).
o Please highlight everything in the notepad, then right-click and choose copy.
· Click close and close again to exit the program.
· Please paste that information here for me regardless of what it finds with a new HijackThis log.

This will take some time!!!!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/by-internet-speed-monitor-malware.626005/
Relevancy 71.38%

Some things I have tried are SUPERAntiSpyware AVG Speed pop-ups Monitor" problems Having "Internet with Anti-Spyware Any help would be much appreciated This is my HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smtray exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DragToDisc DrgToDsc exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator AudioCentral RxMon exe C Program Files ISM ISMPack exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C PROGRA AIM aim exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray Having problems with "Internet Speed Monitor" pop-ups exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin Having problems with "Internet Speed Monitor" pop-ups hpqtra exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator AudioCentral Playlist exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C WINDOWS system pctspk exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Music Engine ymetray exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Having problems with "Internet Speed Monitor" pop-ups Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sp yme http www yahoo com O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO Her - C DE B - FFE- c - CB -CAD A B - C WINDOWS system ramtmb dll file missing O - BHO Flash Module - C FA A - - a f-B - D - akun dll file missing O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run Smapp C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smtray exe O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run PCShield regsvr s quot C WINDOWS system sfg dll quot O - HKLM Run HostManager C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe O - HKLM Run HP... Read more

A:Having problems with "Internet Speed Monitor" pop-ups

I just ran ComboFix heres the log:

ComboFix 07-11-01.1 - Marie 2007-11-03 13:52:01.1 - NTFSx86
Running from: C:\Documents and Settings\Marie\Desktop\Tools\ComboFix.exe
* Created a new restore point

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

C:\Documents and Settings\Marie\Application Data\APPATC~1
C:\Documents and Settings\Marie\Application Data\MBOLS~1
C:\Documents and Settings\Marie\My Documents\CROSOF~1.NET
C:\Documents and Settings\Marie\My Documents\DOBE~1
C:\Documents and Settings\Marie\My Documents\RACLE~1
C:\Documents and Settings\Marie\My Documents\SKS~1
C:\Program Files\appatc~1
C:\Program Files\Common Files\asks~1
C:\Program Files\Common Files\mantec~1
C:\Program Files\Common Files\racle~1
C:\Program Files\Common Files\sembly~1
C:\Program Files\Common Files\sstem3~1
C:\Program Files\icroso~1
C:\Program Files\icroso~1.net
C:\Program Files\icroso~1\?icrosoft\
C:\Program Files\ISM
C:\Program Files\ISM\anticaupd.exe
C:\Program Files\ISM\BndDrive2.dll
C:\Program Files\ISM\dictionary.gz
C:\Program Files\ISM\syncupd.exe
C:\Program Files\ISM\synupd.exe
C:\Program Files\ISM\targets.gz
C:\Program Files\ISM\Uninstall.exe
C:\Program Files\ISM2
C:\Program Files\ISM2\cringupd.exe
C:\Program Files\ISM2\dictionary.gz
C:\Program Files\ISM2\ISMPack5.exe
C:\Program Files\ISM2\ISMPack7.exe
C:\Program Files\ISM2\targets.gz
C:\Program Files\ymbols~1
C:\WINDOWS\b103.exe
C:\WINDOWS\fnts~1
C:\WINDOWS\hosts
C:\WINDOWS\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\conf.dat
C:\WINDOWS\system32\fnts~1
C:\WINDOWS\system32\racle~1
C:\WINDOWS\system32\sks~1
C:\WINDOWS\system32\sstem~1
C:\WINDOWS\system32\stem32~1
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wnsxs~1
C:\WINDOWS\wnsxs~1

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2007-10-03 to 2007-11-03 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2007-11-03 13:48 51,200 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\NirCmd.exe
2007-11-02 21:50 1 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\rc.dat
2007-11-02 21:50 1 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\ps1.dat
2007-11-02 21:50 1 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\cookie1.dat
2007-11-01 03:16 52,224 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\akun54.dll
2007-11-01 02:16 52,224 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\rasmoesa.dll
2007-10-17 20:21 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Marie\Application Data\Grisoft
2007-10-17 20:11 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Marie\Application Data\AVG7
2007-10-17 20:11 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\AVG7
2007-10-17 20:11 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg7
2007-10-17 20:09 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Grisoft
2007-10-17 20:09 10,872 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\AvgAsCln.sys
2007-10-17 20:05 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Trend Micro
2007-10-17 20:02 <DIR> d-------- C:\Deckard
2007-10-17 18:27 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware
2007-10-17 18:27 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Wise Installation Wizard
2007-10-17 18:27 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Marie\Application Data\SUPERAntiSpyware.com
2007-10-17 18:27 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SUPERAntiSpyware.com
2007-10-10 03:28 584,192 -----c--- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\rpcrt4.dll
2007-10-07 20:25 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Windows Defender
2007-10-03 16:34 <DIR> d--h----- C:\WINDOWS\msdownld.tmp
2007-10-03 16:34 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Google

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2007-11-03 16:27 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\Marie\Application Data\AdobeUM
2007-10-18 02:56 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Java
2007-10-08 03:32 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Common Files\mqrk
2007-09-12 01:21 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy
2005-01-29 06:... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-problems-with-internet-speed-monitor-pop-ups.647373/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi Recently I bought a new router the Linksys E along with a new computer an ASUS K S Both performed especially well gradually loses Network "speed" for the first week I had them along with the wireless on my old desktop computer but now internet connection speeds slow down to a snail like pace after an hour or two Normally I would ve put it off as bandwidth being taken up by other processes but as a relatively avid Network gradually loses "speed" gamer I would notice my ping shooting up to - ms which used Network gradually loses "speed" to be around ms Anyway if I reboot my router my connection speed ping go back up to normal rates but after maybe half an hour it ll slow down ping will be up to - and then after a longer period of time it ll takes minutes to load web pages and ping will be upwards of ms I ve updated my wireless adapter s drivers etc all to no avail This problem doesn t exist when I m using my laptop outside of my home network so I think the router is the issue nbsp

A:Network gradually loses "speed"

It sounds like your router. Did you secure the wireless connection? It could be a neighbor using your wireless. You can also try by passing your router and plug into your modem directly. This will eliminate the modem. Does the problem affect both your desktop and you laptop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-gradually-loses-speed.1055965/
Relevancy 71.38%

I am getting so many Solved: Speed Need Monitor" "Internet help- pop-ups One of the ones I keep seeing is Internet speed monitor Can you help Thank you HJT Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe Solved: Need help- "Internet Speed Monitor" C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C WINDOWS Wm l command exe C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Intel PROSetWired NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mmtask exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exe C Program Files Web Buying v webbuying exe C Program Files ISM ISMModule exe C Program Files Java j re bin jucheck exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C WINDOWS system klhiguid exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system SNDVOL EXE C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C DOCUME Zoe LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http bfc myway com search de srchlft html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com myway R - URLSearchHook no name - D F -B FE- -BF - AB D D - C Program Files MyWaySA SrchAsDe bin deSrcAs dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run PRONoMgrWired C Program Files Intel PROSetWired NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe O - HKLM Run DVDLauncher quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run Dell QuickSet C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe O - HKLM Run DMXLauncher C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe O - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot r O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run MMTray C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exe O - HKLM Run mmtask C Program Fi... Read more

Relevancy 71.38%

I keep getting popups from internet explorer saying quot by internet speed monitor quot I downloaded hjt and need someone to tell me what to do now here s what the log said after i ran the program Logfile pop "internet speed ups by Solved: monitor" of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C Solved: pop ups by "internet speed monitor" Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Solved: pop ups by "internet speed monitor" Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files Java j re bin jucheck exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Yahoo browser ybrwicon exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbtbmgr exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbtbmon exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbabmgr exe C PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM MMDiag exe C Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbabmon exe C progra mcafee MCAFEE masalert exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH Musicmatch Jukebox mim exe C Program Files AIM AIM c aim exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Plaxo PlaxoHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files ISM ISMModule exe C Program Files WinAble winable exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Music Jukebox ymetray exe C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS retadpu exe C Program Files Yahoo browser ybrowser exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Yahoo browser ybrowser exe C Program Files Yahoo browser ybrowser exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http bfc myway com search de srchlft html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sp sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo sbc com dsl R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http yahoo sbc com dsl R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http r... Read more

Relevancy 71.38%

Hi!

So I would need help setting up my LAN and limiting the network speed (max dl/ul).

Are there some kind of programs or something for that? -I have tried NetLimiter but with it I can only limit the "bridging" computers upload and download and not the different network cards speeds.

The limitations has to be made on this computer (aka wannaB server) and not on the separate computers that are connected to it.

Network cards:
Oliv - needs to be limited to max download ~150kB/s and upload 25kB/s (this one is connected even if it says it's not)
Switch - no need to limit or anything
ADSL Modem - as it says, this is where the interweb comes from

A:How could I limit network speed between different "cards"?

What OS the Pro or Home? If you got the Pro you can go into Group Policy and make some bandwidth restrictions. By default it's 20%. You can raise that up higher. Under QoS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-could-i-limit-network-speed-between-different-cards.159517/
Relevancy 71.38%

I will try to very slow "excellent" connection, speed? but be as brief as possible if I can "excellent" connection, but very slow speed? Here is my network setup I have computers connected to a Wire Gateway model Both are running XP Pro One is a PC "excellent" connection, but very slow speed? and it is hardwired to the gateway via ethernet cable the other is a laptop and it connects wirelessly to the network I also have a wi-fi enabled printer scanner copier that connects wirelessly to the network When everything is running smoothly both computers can see each other s shared files "excellent" connection, but very slow speed? and also access the printer However after the laptop has been online for about an hour the speed of the connection on the laptop starts to deteriorate At its best it runs at Mbps but begins to fall to Mbps after a while During this time the wireless adapter icon in the system tray continues to indicate that the signal strength is quot excellent quot even when the speed has fallen to Mbps I have no problems with the PC that is hardwired to the gateway it is only the laptop that is showing a problem I don t know very much about wireless networking and am unsure how to go about finding the source of this problem Since the gateway is also a firewall I have disabled the firewall software on both the PC and the laptop hoping that would provide a solution to my connection problem but no joy Can anyone point me in a direction here to begin my investigation of what the problem could be nbsp

Relevancy 71.38%

I tried to post this in the correct forum but for some reason I am blocked from using the community part of the forums. Can you tell me why? Also I have been reading some good reviews on this speed fix tool but wanted some input on it before trying it. You know how easy it is to get tricked into saying yes to a scam and just invite a virus right on in so I am looking for some feedback on this new software. You can look it up at speed fix .com or just google it, but I'm sure you already knew that. Sorry if I posted in the wrong forum but if you could explain why I can't use the other ones then maybe I can do better at posting in the correct forum. Thanks for your time

A:"Speed Fix Tool", Anyone know if this a legit program

The short answer is NO.
Two reasons:

1. WOT rating (marked in red): https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/speedfixtool.com?utm_source=addon&utm_content=popup-donuts
Registry cleaners/optimizers are not recommended for several reasons:
Registry cleaners are extremely powerful applications that can damage the registry by using aggressive cleaning routines and cause your computer to become unbootable.

The Windows registry is a central repository (database) for storing configuration data, user settings and machine-dependent settings, and options for the operating system. It contains information and settings for all hardware, software, users, and preferences. Whenever a user makes changes to settings, file associations, system policies, or installed software, the changes are reflected and stored in this repository. The registry is a crucial component because it is where Windows "remembers" all this information, how it works together, how Windows boots the system and what files it uses when it does. The registry is also a vulnerable subsystem, in that relatively small changes done incorrectly can render the system inoperable. For a more detailed explanation, read Understanding The Registry.

Not all registry cleaners are created equal. There are a number of them available but they do not all work entirely the same way. Each vendor uses different criteria as to what constitutes a "bad entry". One cleaner may find entries on your system that will not cause problems when removed, another may not find the same entries, and still another may want to remove entries required for a program to work.

Not all registry cleaners create a backup of the registry before making changes. If the changes prevent the system from booting up, then there is no backup available to restore it in order to regain functionality. A backup of the registry is essential BEFORE making any changes to the registry.

Improperly removing registry entries can hamper malware disinfection and make the removal process more difficult if your computer becomes infected. For example, removing malware related registry entries before the infection is properly identified can contribute to system instability and even make the malware undetectable to removal tools.

The usefulness of cleaning the registry is highly overrated and can be dangerous. In most cases, using a cleaner to remove obsolete, invalid, and erroneous entries does not affect system performance but it can result in "unpredictable results".
Unless you have a particular problem that requires a registry edit to correct it, I would suggest you leave the registry alone. Using registry cleaning tools unnecessarily or incorrectly could lead to disastrous effects on your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. For routine use, the benefits to your computer are negligible while the potential risks are great.
Ed Bott's Webog: Why I don't use registry cleaners
Do I need a Registry Cleaner?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speed-fix-tool-anyone-know-if-this-a-legit-program.217403/
Relevancy 71.38%

When I built my system My computer was super fast It carried out tasks from opening programs to internet connections as soon as i clicked something This is no longer the case Programs and files take longer to open and I frequently have to restart my modem to regain internet speed Roadrunner Turbo What maintenance can I perform to regain this performance XP is telling me I don t need to defragment Thank you Info from Solved: "new to How speed? computer" recover Belarc Advisor Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack build Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd EP -UD R gigahertz Intel Core Duo kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Solved: How to recover "new computer" speed? Board Solved: How to recover "new computer" speed? Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd EP -UD R Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Award Software International Inc F Megabytes Installed Memory Slot A has MB Slot A is Empty Slot A has MB Slot A is Empty WD EACS External USB Device Hard drive GB -- drive WDC WD AAJS- L A Hard drive GB -- drive WDC WD JB- REA Hard drive GB -- drive s n Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space ATI Radeon HD Series Display adapter VIZ VW L HDTV A Monitor quot vis s n SRBFFJ January ATI Function Driver for High Definition Audio - ATI AA Realtek High Definition Audio Net Adapter Realtek RTL PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC All required security hotfixes using the Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary have been installed nbsp

Relevancy 70.95%

Hello everyone
I have this problem for more than 3 months for now...

The INSTRUCTION AT "0x00a96ce0"referenced memory at "000000000" couldn't be written".

That's always what i get when i restart my computer,just before screen goes dark.
I believe that it has to do something with Microsoft updates.The reason i believe this, is that i once reinstalled my PC and didn't have any problem until i didn't update my PC.
And i posted here that thinking my problem was solved but unfortunately i was wrong.

Please if you have any tips on this one let me know it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/0x00a96ce0-referenced-memory-at-000000000-couldnt-be-written.662744/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi Guys, any ideas how to access my external hard drive [TOSHIBA MK3029GACE] device manager can see it but it does not appear in disc management.

I use this HDD perfectly in my car HDD player. But when I try to connect it to my Laptop, it does not show up in disk management.

Please check the attached screen shot..

Thanks for the help....

A:HDD shows in "Device Manager" but not in "DiskPart"or" Disk Management

Specs show that drive has a ATA-6 interface (P-ATA, or IDE). How are you connecting this drive to your laptop? Does the laptop have a PATA or SATA connection? Does it use an adapter?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/347111-hdd-shows-device-manager-but-not-diskpart-disk-management.html