Windows Support Forum

Trouble Forwarding Ports

Q: Trouble Forwarding Ports

Hello Forums, I Seem to be having trouble forwarding my ports, My router model is a D-Link DIR-615. (If needed by PC Specs are down below) When i go into my router and i forward the ports, the forwarding doesn't work, Here is what i know

-Computer IP Is the correct IP that the port is being forwarded too
-Windows Firewall is Off
-Restarting the Router/Computer Multiple Times
-The router says the ports are forwarded
-I have forwarded the ports to a laptop of mine and that seemed to work
-I tested the ports on this site Open Port Check Tool - Test Port Forwarding on Your Router
-That site told me that the forwarding to my laptop worked, but not to my desktop

Could anyone help me?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Trouble Forwarding Ports

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Trouble Forwarding Ports

When you forward a port lets say port number 22 for an ssh connection you have to specify an ip address lets say 192.168.2.1. Now if you use your external ip address with port 22 it will look for 192.168.2.1 listening for a connection. If you're on 192.168.2.5 the port will not be forwarded to the computer. It will only go to 192.168.2.1.

I hope that make since it sounds like you did it right for your laptops ip addresss

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/260262-trouble-forwarding-ports.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi I ve been having trouble forwarding ports for my xbox call of duty I received a DIR- D free forwarding ports Trouble with from Virgin Media UK cable provider when I signed up for their broadband It came with customised D-Link firmware that was customised to the provider they had removed a number of options to stop people messing about with it so they didn t call Trouble with forwarding ports support all the time The supplied firmware version was V VG Virgin Group On trawling forums Trouble with forwarding ports i found that people have found their wireless connection works better when they download the firmware meant for D there is no new firmware for D My connection was constantly turning off and on multiple times a day being a constant pain I have tried to open the ports that microsoft say to open but my port page looks different from the pages that the website uses as an example and i don t know what to do Here is a screenshot of mine firmware version I ve been looking on here for help but the screen shots are so different I know i m not opening my ports right since its still on moderate I can t get it right and am constantly suffering from lag and only finding games i can join How am i supposed to open ports for my d-link Thank you nbsp

A:Trouble with forwarding ports

Ooh, I get to help out the other side of the connection. (Long story.)

From what I've found, the vendor supplied software is just crappy. However, it looks like you can install DD-WRT on the router and fix all your problems. This is going to be a little more involved then just updating the firmware and you will want to read the various articles about this so you don't brick the router. This will probably mean reinstall the Virgin Media crappy release first so the router is back to its factory defaults.

Here a blog posting that describes the entire process, which he did to fix the same problem you have.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-with-forwarding-ports.996776/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hey guys iv had Forwarding) (Port Opening Ports? Trouble lots of trouble Heres my situation I have two routers A Netgear WGR v Wireless and a Trouble Opening Ports? (Port Forwarding) Speedtouch v Not wireless I assume this is a router not a modem so anyway Iv been trying to open ports to achieve a better connecton NAT on my playstation which i tried openign on my netgear however they never opened checked by port checker so another forum said I cant port forward with routers so I followed this guide to set my negar router into a switch so I dont double port forward and only port forward on my speedtouch However after doing so it now says my ports are open on my speedtouch however my Ps still gives a nat bad connection I dont know what else to do next Should i bridge my speedtouch and use netgear to port forward instead but how would i bridge Thanks for any help iv been working on this for days now and i dont want to give up but im running out of solutions nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

im sick of forwarding ports, is there a way that i can forward all ports to one lan ip?

A:Forwarding All ports to my LAN ip

Put the computer in question in the DMZ, that forwards all the ports.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/forwarding-all-ports-to-my-lan-ip.405357/
Relevancy 60.2%

I own a SMC VWBR router I ve setup port forwarding using the directX ports so that games that use directplay will work It doesn t When I attempt to connect to someone using these games the router blocks thier IP adress When I attempt to host if it does decide to show my external IP adress within the application and they try to connect to me the router blocks thier IP adress Of course I do what one would naturally think to do I put the computer in the DMZ of the firewall Ports forwarding not This STILL doesn t work Now the game sees only my internal IP adress and not my Ports not forwarding external IP adress yet this computer is no longer behind the firewall of the router WTF Windows firewall is disabled I do not have any antivirus or security programs Router Firewall is enabled UPNP is enabled on the firewall DHCP is enabled on the router The game I m trying to run is Close Combat V Invasion Normandy it uses directplay I have tried every configuration I can think of Turning the router firewall off Taking my computer out of the DMZ and leaving the firewall on Turning UPNP off and the firewall on with the etc etc etc WTF do I do All I want is my game to see my external IP address Ports not forwarding and my router to stop blocking IP addresses that are trying to gain access through ports I ve forwarded Right Someone PLEASE HELP Ports not forwarding ME nbsp

A:Ports not forwarding

Have you verified that the ports are open. An easy way to tell would be go here:
http://www.t1shopper.com/tools/port-scanner/

It should automatically pick up your WAN IP, just fill in the port number and click scan port.

You sound like you have a good idea of what your doing about forwarding, but just incase...
http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/SMC/7004VWBR/Echolink.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ports-not-forwarding.122613/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello everyone, nice to meet you all, this is my first post, and i look forward to being a member fo this amazing community!

I need to forward or open ports 60001, 60002 and 13242 UDP.

Can someone list the method step by step for me? thank you so much!

A:Need help Forwarding/Opening ports.

Hi Soutel, welcome to TSF...

the exact method for forwarding ports will depend on your router so it will be a bit difficult to give you the instructions. However, check out the website in the following link as it should have more details for you:
http://portforward.com/routers.htm

All you need to do is select your router make/model and then you should be able to choose the application/game you are trying to forward ports for and then follow the detailed instructions given.

Hope that helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/need-help-forwarding-opening-ports-141038.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Ok Ive had Properly? Not Forwarding Ports this problem for a long time now and Im reaching the edge of sanity It started about years ago when we got our first wireless router Basically despite going through every diagnosis and step by step guide I wasn t able to play online games Ports Not Forwarding Properly? which required ports forwarding However Torrent applications worked fine and their own port scanner showed the right ports were open for that particular app I gave up played single player games until recently we went for a new package with BT which included a new router Fantastic I though now I can play Battlefield again So I installed every thing fine everything was working Until I opened the ports for the game Oh and by the way the certain Torrent App works fine and even with a third party port scanner Im told the right ports are open But ONLY for this app I followed these steps - Set up a static IP through Windows entering the correct IPs DNS and what not - Created the application through the home adress for the BT Home Hub One thing that confused me with this UI is the amount of extra fields that what Im used to seeing on my old router quot Translate to quot quot Trigger Protocol quot and quot trigger Port quot Im assuming Translate to just needs the ports copying and the other just need ignoring Although as I was getting more frustrated I copied the ports again with different settings to test Including giving everything TCP and UDP settings although I have tried It simplified with no luck - I have also tried setting up a DMZ which failed I haven t tried with a Static IP yet though through Windows although the HUB already has an option for Static IP to my computer which has been on throughout - I have also tried turning off the Firewall on the Router None on the computer on either - Ive also tried uPnP All of these have been tried in mixtures too like DMZ No firewall ect Im going to go and try DMZ No firewall Static IP ports added Thanks for your time Oh im on windows XP and as far as I know Its just a quot Bt Home Hub quot nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

I recently got COD Black ops for my Ipad 3 Gen. and couldn't connect to multiplayer. I need to change my router ports but don't know how to do that. Any thoughts? Fast please!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/forwarding-ports-to-router.1060224/
Relevancy 59.77%

Please help, I'm trying to use Utorrent. The problem is, that it wont connect to download anything. I'm not sure what to do, when it comes to forwarding the ports, so that my Utorrent can connect. I've been told that this will make it fatser to, is this true? Thanks for your time.Moderator Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:Help With Forwarding Ports. (utorrent)

What firewall do you use and are you using a router?
Mark

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/104724/help-with-forwarding-ports-utorrent/
Relevancy 59.77%

Because internet is set via a router, I need to forward some ports for some application to connect to internet. Ususally they state that I can pick any port number to forward, but I have no idea which ones are safe, and when I might accidentally open up too many ports. So how do I set a port correctly without making it vulnerable to outside attacks?

A:forwarding ports safe?

Well, if you do port forwarding, an attacker will know for sure that there is a PC at your IP address. Also, depending on the software that is receiving traffic, an attacker may be able to probe the software for responses to identify what it is. Then, the attacker will have to find an exploit that works on that application you have which can grant him access to your computer.

So, whether you choose to port forward or not depends on how much you trust the security of your application. Does it offer responses to anyone that comes knocking? Lets say the application dutifully answers the attacker that 'I am Sendmail', are there any weaknesses to exploit ? You can browse SecurityFocus or SANS's @Risk vulnerabilty lists to see if whitehats have identified any weaknesses. Even if you don't find anything at those sites, it may still possible that blackhats have a secret weapon that the whitehats don't know about. Also, the attacker may not target the application, but may target other parts of the machine like for example the TCP/IP stack of your exposed machine. For example Windows has a recent IGMP vulnerabilty. So it is most important that your machine has up to date windows patches, and that your application is up to date as well.

So you see, security folks will usually be very cautious when forwarding ports. They'll make sure Everything is patched and up to date. And try to expose the minimum surface area for an attacker to play with.

If your application allows you to choose which port to use, then you can choose anything above port 1024, as ports 1-1023 have standard uses by well known applications.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/forwarding-ports-safe.760592/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey all.

I have a dlink 624 but am having problems all the time with port forwarding.

So i got this great idea!

What if I just forward say ports 10000 - whatever port i can go up to, and direct it all to my computer on the network.

Problem is I have no clue what to do! Portforward says i cant forward enough ports and dlink is no help

any help would be loved

A:dlink 624, forwarding most ports

what are you trying to do with port forwarding (PF)? Each port is unique to
a particular service running on a particular system, eg: port 80 is the default
for a web server. There are a few applications that use a range of ports,
like 6500-6510, but I.T. pros really dislike them for security reasons.

the normal use of PF is to forward just the specific few required.
so i'll move the question again, what are you trying to achieve?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dlink-624-forwarding-most-ports.57171/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi all For the past days Ive been trying to open up ports in my router Siemens sx with no luck Ive done all the port forwarding correctly but when i check the port from a website it say my port is blocked I use a wireless connection I think ive done my other router connections ip settings wrong but im not sure what it is Ive downloaded a program MiniToolBox from one forwarding) ports Cant open (port other topic that the moderator told the Cant open ports (port forwarding) person asking for help to use and i hope you will be able to help me with info you get from there Thanks in advance and here are the test results MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by Marko administrator on - - at Running from quot D Internet quot Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Flush DNS Windows IP Configuration Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache IE Proxy Settings Proxy is not enabled No Proxy Server is set quot Reset IE Proxy Settings quot IE Proxy Settings were reset Hosts content IP Configuration Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Local Area Connection Disconnected WN- USB Wireless LAN n USB Network Adapter Wireless Network Connection Connected Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Wireless Network Connection Hardware not present ---------------------------------- IPv Configuration ---------------------------------- pushd interface ipv reset set global icmpredirects enabled popd End of IPv configuration Windows IP Configuration Host Name Lajka Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List dummy porta siemens net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix dummy porta siemens net Description WN- USB Wireless LAN n USB Network Adapter Physical Address - F- - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c e d d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained studenog Lease Expires studenog Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - A- - -DA-E - -D - D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap dummy porta siemens net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix dummy porta siemens net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef b b fc cce Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe b fc cce Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Server sx dummy porta siemens net Address Name google com porta siemens net Address Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Server sx dummy porta siemens net Address Name yahoo com porta siemens net Address Pinging yahoo com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Interface List f WN- USB Wireless LAN n USB Network Adapter Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link Persistent Routes None IPv Route Table Active Routes If Metric Network Destination Gateway On-link On-link On-link ef b b fc cce On-link fe On-link fe On-link fe b fc cce On-link f... Read more

A:Cant open ports (port forwarding)

Oh and its not firewall for sure. And I already ran Malwarebytes scan and it didnt find anything.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/476972/cant-open-ports-port-forwarding/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi, i'm having a lot of difficulty attempting to forward a port via Utorrent. I ran a speed/compatibility test and Utorrent stated my port needs to be forwarded.

Firstly, I don't really know what this means at all. I've had a browse through some articles from Google, but I'd really really appriciate if someone could perhaps talk me through it step by step (ish heh) so I could get this sorted out.

Thank you so much in advance.

Any questios I'll answer very quickly as i'll keep checking back

A:Help forwarding ports via Utorrent needed if possible.

You may want to visit the TSG rules: http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

P2P Instructions - We do not support P2P file sharing applications and any threads requesting help for such will be closed. This includes Torrents, Kazaa, LimeWire, RapidShare, Pirate Bay, and the like. If you're interested in the topic, you are free to discuss it on our site (and please visit StealingIsIllegal.com), but information on how to use them will not be provided.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-forwarding-ports-via-utorrent-needed-if-possible.883284/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I have a problem trying to forward ports needed for steam: my connection to internet looks like this Cisco epc3212 cable modem -> netgear wnr3500v2 ->my pc, all via ethernet cable I set up static ip for my pc and forwarded ports in router but after checking results on web port scanners it only changed from timed out to closed. I have no firewalls, neither on my pc or router, i called my isp and they told me they don't block any ports. I have windows 7. After trying dmz all my ports remain closed except for 3389 which is remote access for windows. I.ve been working on this for past few hours and i'm loosing my mind . Any ideas?

Relevancy 58.91%

Hello there,

I hope someone can help me on this. I have a Belkin N Wireless Router and have now set up remote access using remote desktop connection to connect to a machine in my local lan using port 3380. This works fine and I can connect to the IP address I initially entered.

The problem is the virtal lan settings (or forwarding) in the belkin router does not allow me to add another IP address where I could to connect to another machine across the lan.

How can I add more than one IP address? It does not even let me add a range. I suspect the belken router's firewall will not allow any more connections on that port.

Thanks

Relevancy 58.91%

I have a very basic question about opening ports A lot of times for some of these games Ports Port Forwarding/Opening it asks you to open ports using words like quot outgoing quot and quot incoming quot but when I open ports with my Verizon router it s ActionTec but Port Forwarding/Opening Ports Verizon is slapped on the front and I only was able to figure that out by finding a label on the bottom of it when I go into my router I don t see ActionTec anywhere it s just source and destination A program I use Skype requires me to open a very large port range I ll quote The minimum requirement is that Skype needs unrestricted outgoing TCP access to all destination ports above or to ports and the former is better however If you don t allow either of those Skype will not work reliably at all Click to expand I DO see destination in there but I really need to be sure Is source outgoing and destination incoming Or are they completely different When I open source AND destination for - TCP how do I know I m not leaving a huge hole in my router open By what I believe I don t need to leave system info Please help Thanks nbsp

A:Port Forwarding/Opening Ports

It's great isn't it? All this different terminology. Nothing better to reassure you of hours of problems.

Outgoing ports are ports you want to allow out of your network. Some businesses only allow ports 80, 25 and 443 to prevent users using things like p2p, skype or encrypted communications. It is generally better to allow all ports out at home unless you are specifically blocking an application or suspected rogue application.

Incoming ports are ports you might want to allow through your firewall. Generally you allow certain ports from certain addresses. I can see you understand incoming anyway.

Source is a source IP address and port. You can define all ports from a specific address or a specific port from a range of or all addresses.

Destination is the opposite. You may want to use this if you wanted to only allow certain traffic out to a particular destination address.

I am sure when using incoming and outgoing the option to define ip addresses is available, so it's just semantics really.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/port-forwarding-opening-ports.627191/
Relevancy 58.91%

Okay I am trying to configure a SIP Phone system on my desktop and I stuck with open a port and how to do port forwarding.
First how to I open a port and verify that that port is open ? Suppose I want to open the port 9000 for both TCP and UDP incoming/outgoing connections. So, correct me if I am wrong, I go to the firewall setting and add two rules for each protocol ie. four rules in total, 2 for inbound and 2 for outbound. Now, how I verify that the ports are open ? Is there any test or bench-marking application that will allow me to do that ?How do I do port forwarding in Windows 8.1 ?I have seen the post here. But the problem is that only the destination port is known to me, the destination IP maybe dynamic. Also is there a way to port forward inbound connections to a VM from the Window firewall ?

Thanks.

A:How to open ports and do port forwarding in Win 8.1 ?

This is how i did it:
I just did this, for instance minecraft's port: 25565, i opened a port on, Ranged-Port that, the starting port i put 25565, and the end port i also put 25565, for the device id, i went to cmd, and i typed in ipconfig, and looked for the IPv4 address under "Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection" then i entered the last 3 numbers, (the protocol i put both), and then i put true under enabled.

Note: This is my internet provider, your's may be way different, i hope this helped

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/75839-how-open-ports-do-port-forwarding-win-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Obviously the thread title pretty much says it all At the end of this massive undertaking I d like to be able to host games on Warcraft My network hardware Westell DSL Modem Linksys WRT Rangeplus Router A massive headache At this point I have established a static IP with the final octet being for 3 Forwarding Issue ports Warcraft greater Issue Forwarding ports for Warcraft 3 than the highest point on my routers dhcp range Next I went into the router linksys control panel and input values which would forward the port BOTH TCP and UDP to the ip address shown in the command prompt when ipconfig is entered The result of a port scanshows that my external ip is COMPLETELY different from the IP I set up and that my router is unreachable Next I put my Westell into Bridge mode Everything was fine with that until my connection just dropped randomly and would not resume I was still unable to successfully host a game even while the connection was up Naturally I had to put my Westell back into Routed Bridge Mode just to get back on the net and post this PLEASE help This is driving me up the wall nbsp

A:Issue Forwarding ports for Warcraft 3

Here are at least some of the alternatives.

a. Westell in bridge (modem only) mode; probably have to then configure the Linksys WAN for PPPoE and account/password.

b. Keep the Westell in router mode (I don't happen to know what Routed Bridge Mode is) and put the Linksys in the Westell's DMZ. This should require port forwarding on only the Linksys.

c. Use the Linksys as only an ethernet switch and optionally a wireless access point. Port forwarding would then be done on the Westell. Following is a procedure for setting this up.

JohnWill's procedure (Aug. 30, 2008) for configuring a secondary router as a switch and, optionally, wireless access point follows.

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. [You will not need a cross-over cable if one of the "routers" is a computer.] Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issue-forwarding-ports-for-warcraft-3.972571/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a program that is set to use default ports for pop3 and smtp email, port 25 and 110. I want to use gmail with it, but gmail uses port 995 and 465. I would like to know if there is a way to intercept outgoing communication and route it to a different port to the same address. Ideally this would be a program I could install on my machine with limited configuration.

TIA

benjamin

A:Forwarding Outgoing and Incoming Ports

Hi benjamin, and welcome to TSG.

You need more than just a change in port numbers to use POP3/SMTP access to Gmail. You also need to use Encrypted SSL (Secure Socket Layer) connections for those ports. That would most likely have to be done in the software used to send the messages.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/forwarding-outgoing-and-incoming-ports.802092/
Relevancy 58.48%

This was first posted on a port forwarding site I just copied and pasted it because no one was answering To start this off routers and Netgear Forwarding Ports for Only Network WNDR3400 networks and port-forwarding all of that stuff is Netgear WNDR3400 Ports Only Forwarding for Network not quite my forte so if you do have a solution please keep it generally easy to understand Thanks Now my problem refers to the game Minecraft specifically but I believe it has more to do with the router than the game Netgear WNDR3400 Ports Only Forwarding for Network so that s why I am posting on here To let people connect to your Minecraft server you need to set a static IP and forward the port I have followed all of the tutorials for that on this site to the letter and yet all I can do is make people in my network able to connect Now before you say this has nothing to do with you guys I also want to point out that the port checker tool says that port is closed on both UDP and TCP For some reason following these guides only opens my port to the network that connects through the router either wirelessly or wired So therefore any port checking tools or sites say that it is closed I have checked my firewalls turned them off uninstalled them and that doesn t help And no people can t connect through the network unless I forward the ports so I am actually doing something when I try to forward them I am running Windows Vista x -bit but if you need any more information please just ask If there is any way to fix this I would appreciate it Thanks in advanced nbsp

A:Netgear WNDR3400 Ports Only Forwarding for Network

Please describe your network, including the brand and model of each modem, router and switch and how they are interconnected.

It sounds like you have a secondary router connected by its WAN port to a primary router and your computer is connected to the secondary router while the others are connected to the primary router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-wndr3400-ports-only-forwarding-for-network.997253/
Relevancy 58.48%

I am using a Westell 6100 DSL router for internet connection, but it is not wireless. So i run a Netgear WGR614 v4 behind it to enable wireless networking throughout my home. Just getting this to work took me 2 hours last night with Bellsouth and Netgear to get it configured for internet access. I was finally told to run the netgear router as a LAN ip(?). I don't exactly understand ho it works, but it seems to be doing the job.

Now the problem lies in trying to forward a couple of ports through both routers. I have already tried the (overly technical) explanation on portforward.com (http://portforward.com/help/doublero...forwarding.htm) , but that is a bit more than I can understand.

Can anyone help with this?? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

A:Need help forwarding ports on dual router config

Configure the Netgear as a switch and wireless access point per JohnWill's oft-posted method. That way you have only one NAT layer to worry about port forwarding. The following is a copy of that posting; your Netgear is the secondary.

Connecting two SOHO broadband routers together.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-forwarding-ports-on-dual-router-config.506494/
Relevancy 57.62%

I'm trying to open a few ports on my WIndows 8.1 system.
I have followed a few tutorials and have created inbound and outbound rules properly.
I'm using a modem connected to my WiFi router which provides my PC LAN access. I'm using my router to provide DHCP service.
Also, in my Netgear WGR614 router, I have enabled port forwarding. Now, when I go through THIS website, I don't see my ports opened. I have added a host on noip.com and I run it's DUC app and keep it connected.
Because I use DHCP from my router, my local ip in Command Prompt shows different and the one at whatismyip.com is different. I don't really know what are my options right now. Any help?

A:Port Forwarding isn't Showing Opened Ports Windows 8.1

Do you have a public IP? Compare your router's WAN IP assigned by your ISP vs whatismyip.com.
Usually people have a shared IP, so you might be behind multiple routers by your ISP provider.

Or you can use traceroute, which will show you, how you are connected, I am behind 5 routers. :P

CountryTraceroute - Fast Traceroute with IP country information

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/67630-port-forwarding-isnt-showing-opened-ports-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 57.62%

So I m trying to port forward my router Netgear wgr v or open ports for xbox live There are ports that it says I have to open UDP UDP TCP When I go to configure my routers settings and click on Add Live Port Ports) (Xbox Forwarding Question Custom Service I can only add new port How do I add all of those I went to this port forwarding site for help-- http portforward com english routers port forwarding Netgear WGR v Xbox Live htm it says to make a new name for each new port Like quot Xbox Live quot for port and quot Xbox Live quot for port When I try to add a second port it says that this port is already in use by another program Are all three of these ports the same It says I have to open all ports to enable the portfowarding And at ATM I don t have my xbox here anyways so I can t go make a static ip address on it What IP address do I use when I m making a new port I use my IP address instead of the default gateway one When I use the IP address it says it cannot be the routers LAN IP address This site shows what my router config page looks like http portforward com english routers port forwarding Netgear WGR v Xbox Live htm nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

I hate computers I have forwarded all the correct ports on my routers no firewalls intrusive anti-virus programs are running I have set up a static IP address outside the range of my ports Networking: problems, Port forwarding closed DHCP server the switch stemming from the Networking: Port forwarding problems, ports closed router is configured correctly etc etc all the basic stuff is accounted for I can't get an outside port scan to show that ports are open on my PC when they clearly should be Magic Online refuses to load graphics or download new files I can't host WC games and torrents don't run at any reasonable speed because they can't connect to the ports I have set up for them Every technical place I have contacted just tells me the basic stuff like going to portforward com and following their directions great NAT tests on the ports in question work fine double-checked by NAT testing ports that should not work and they most assuredly do not work meaning the test program isn't bad I know how to do something as quot advanced quot as forward ports to the correct system UPnP is disabled When I open the ports in question I get quot Connection refused quot from websites like http www canyouseeme org and when I test ports that should be blocked I get quot connection timed out quot The case in the former situation is that the ports are closed in the second they are stealth This means there is no problem with the router configuration but instead a problem with my system Windows Firewall is disabled BlackICE is disabled and Kaspersky isn't monitoring

A:Networking: Port forwarding problems, ports closed

Explain to us how we are suppose to help you. We don't have any pertinent information. Some details about your Internet Connection, Network and Computer might really help us help you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/networking-port-forwarding-problems-ports-closed-84306.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I want to open port 5222.
When I go to this website it tells me port 5222 is closed on my connection.

I went to my router and added a custom TCP/UDP service for port 5222.
I went to Windows Firewall, Advanced Security, Inbound Rules, and added a New Rule to enable port 5222 for both TCP and UDP.

Yet this website is still telling me port 5222 is closed.
Is there anything I'm missing, or have I been doing it completely wrong? I need help.

A:Trouble with opening/forwarding port

Hi there,

Have you done IP reservation in your router for port-forwarding?

Port 25 is an example of a Port that is often blocked by an ISP in an attempt to prevent malicious activity or programs that hog bandwidth, read more here. You may call your ISP to find out..... or it can be that your router has an outdated firmware. In some occasions, a router is the culprit and changing to a different one helps.

Enabling DMZ in your router might be another option for you but it can be risky as you're exposing your computer to unknown sources (i.e. hackers).

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/345974-trouble-opening-forwarding-port.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey guys,

I'm trying to do something really simple and extremely baffled as to why it does not work. I'm trying to setup a forwarding rule through my router to forward any traffic coming in on port 143 to forward it to port 3389 of on of the computers on my LAN (for remote desktop use). I know it's not a remote desktop problem because I can remote desktop when directly connected to my highspeed modem as well as remote desktop fine using my computer's internal IP (192.168.x.x) but it simply doesn't seem to forward properly through the router. The crazy thing is, this used to work and I haven't changed anything. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

A:Port forwarding trouble with Network Everywhere NWR04B

Bumping this post.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/port-forwarding-trouble-with-network-everywhere-nwr04b.25605/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey all. What i am trying to do here is to open a port(31606) for (u-torrent), when i use the modem and insert my computers IP and the port i want to have, it works sweet. But when i take the wireless router into the equasion, i cannot seem to get it working.

Modem : Thomson SpeedTouch 510i
Wireless: Linksys wrt54g

Can any one help me get port 31606 working all the way trough to my pc when i am connected to the wireless?

Chris

A:Trouble with modem to wireless router, port forwarding.!

the firewall rule for INBOUND traffic would be
allow IN tcp/upd any source, any dest, port 31606​now it doesn't matter at all which interface (modem,wireless,NIC) the traffic
arrives upon

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-modem-to-wireless-router-port-forwarding.73121/
Relevancy 52.89%

To share media with Window Media Player 11 and my XBox 360 I need to open ports.
Fair enough. Yet. ZA seems to be fighting me.
I googled for hours and have found no working solution.

If I disable Zone Alarm, Windows and the XBox find each other no problem, yet if I forward the ports they can't.
Maybe the instructions I found left out vital information.

I need to open;
UDP 1900
TCP 2869
TCP 10243
UDP 10280-10284
For WMP 11 to share media.

I set the protocols for WMP in Zone Alarm with all the ports. ... Nothing.

TSG save me again!.

Relevancy 52.89%

Minor issue here. I have a lite on dvd recorder that came with a nero 6. Recently I upgraded to nero 7 ultra and now I notice that when I playback a burned dvd in my dvd player that it cannot fast forward over 2x the speed. It simply freezes up then return to the original menu. Before I could fast forward a scene up to 8x the speed(the maximum of my dvd player).
I tried changing the settings just before I burn my dvd. First making sure that it was a the maximum setting. Then i tried to change the write speed setting to 8x. No change. Like I said this is minor but I was wondering if this is a glitch with nero 7 ultra or did upgrading somehow change a setting or what? Thnks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-fast-forwarding-burned-nero-7-dvds.620121/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

I have a HP Pavillion dv6 1250eo and I have trouble with my usb ports. When I use my usb sound card and a usb headset it pops and snaps in the background of the sound. I have tried various drivers but nothing seem to work. I have tried both the sound card and the headset on other computers and they have worked fine with them.

In the device manger it says the ENE CIR Receiver won't start but i found a driver that helped but my problem was still there.

I have Windows 7 32-bit

Thanks in advance.

A:Trouble with usb ports

Check Device Manager and ensure there are no devices with a yellow !

Try reinstalling/updating the system drivers (available from HP). Ensure Windows is up to date with all patches/updates. Uninstall/reboot/reinstall the sound card software/drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-with-usb-ports.1015889/
Relevancy 50.31%

details here: http://www.tocomet.com/post/69737/
i do not use this for downloading files except for work because i find ftp difficult. i simply use it to transfer/copy files to my 6 computers (4 in my house 2 at my work)

any more details needed feel free to ask.

i have no idea what to do next...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-opening-ports.758408/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello there. I am trying to open a couple ports in my router to make a minecraft server but when I go to here http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ and test the port it says that the port is closed.

I have 1 modem and 3 routers in my house. Do I have to forward the same port on ALL the routers AND my modem? I dont know. Any help will be appreciated! Thanks!

My router is a CISCO E900, and my modem is an ARRIS. I'm not shure what type it is.

Relevancy 50.31%

My HP Pavilion G has been into geek squad twice now and each time it has come home and worked seemingly okay for about a week and I have problems with it again In the beginning of it all whatever has infected my computer corrupted USB drives I ended up USB ports trouble me giving putting the files back on the computer as it had some important school documents If USB ports giving me trouble it helps the USB drives were lexars I have also been experiencing problems with a portable mouse Logitech where it will simply not USB ports giving me trouble work When I try and shut it down in the start menu It will fail and give me a blue screen with quot USB BUGCODE DRIVER quot scrawled near the top in all caps It will also when on have lines move up and down it Like I said before geek squad has looked at this twice and hasn t solved the problem to a full extent Since it happened during the time that it quit working for the last time I downloaded quot Monaco quot on the steam store on a whim because it looked fun and it was free When I gave it access to my hard drive and launched it it froze up and I had to use Ctrl Alt Delete to get the screen to go back to being normal This is when the mouse quit working and no buttons on the keyboard worked I shut it off using the power button and when I started it the mouse didn t work This confused me because I thought the Steam store was secure I have also tried to reset it to the day before it went foobar using the system reset but it gives me the same USB BUGCODE blue screen each time I try because it has to shut down without the power button even in safe mode the same thing happens I really need my mouse to work for the games that I play having to use the touch pad for games like Skyrim is the most irritating thing I ve ever experienced I also need the USB drives to work for school projects and papers I haven t seen anything helpful on the internet so far and I really don t want to pay for another useless visit to geek squad Thank you for your time nbsp

A:USB ports giving me trouble

Your drivers are corrupt. You can uninstall them and let windows reinstall them. This may fix the problem . But if the usb ports are bad. You will get the same problem back. You can also try a restore point to when the computer or laptop usb ports were working fine. I hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-ports-giving-me-trouble.201433/
Relevancy 50.31%

i want to make a primary connection to the winMX servers but it says that i cant recieve or send TCP or UDT port stuff. I need to know how i can change it so i can and i do have dsl. i need to know how i can open up these ports????

thanks

Relevancy 50.31%

Hello all,
I just found out thru http://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?rh1dkyd2
that all of my ports are open.
Is this a risk?
If so how do I close the ports?
Thanks in adavance
Yikez

A:Open Ports am I in trouble?

You'll need a firewall to do that. This one is free: http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/open-ports-am-i-in-trouble.660930/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hey all so I have forwarded some ports on my router with Airport Utility NAT port forwarding but using cmd netstat -n the ports I forwarded aren't listed and using online port checkers confirms they are closed I added exceptions to my firewall even though it is off and windows defender is off and Avast's shields are all off I honestly have no idea how to open the ports up and haven't found a way to do this using Windows not pro Anybody have any ideas It seems like Windows is blocking these ports from opening for some reason There doesn't seem to be an override function in cmd to open them either In case forwarded disabled? router Ports firewalls closed; ports, you're wondering why I need the ports open I'm trying to resolve a quot request timeout quot error when pinging somebody on Hamachi - so I'm trying to open the main ports Hamachi uses I just want to play Terraria man Any Ports closed; router forwarded ports, firewalls disabled? help would be greatly appreciated

A:Ports closed; router forwarded ports, firewalls disabled?

Temporarily add your PC IP into the DMZ and try again , see if the internal/external tests then notice the ports open , this will test if it's a router or PC issue....

Don't forget to take it out of the DMZ after testing...

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/32603-ports-closed-router-forwarded-ports-firewalls-disabled.html
Relevancy 39.99%

This is a brand new custom built PC for web browsing for a motel lobby.

Win7 Home Premium
AMD A4-3300 Llano
MSI A55M-P33 FM1
Rosewill FBM-02 MicroATX Mini Tower

Running latest BIOS and latest drivers downloaded directly from manufacturer's website.

I tried switching between all 3 internal headers and none of them would detect the flash drive.

If I plug the drive in the rear ports it detects right away leading me to suspect the case's ports might be defective but I don't have another USB 2.0 card lying around to confirm.

Based on this info does it seem likely that the front ports themselves are faulty?

A:Front USB ports not working, but rear USB ports work…

You might check to see if the case end of the USB cables are properly plugged into the front panel holding the headers. Some board need more than one brand of USB drivers, Renesas, NEC, etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/298221-front-usb-ports-not-working-but-rear-usb-ports-work.html
Relevancy 39.99%

My modem-router is in bridged mode (everything is disabled except internet), i have disabled windows firewall i have taken my firewall offline (until this issue is resolved) but still no one can access my server (they can't even join a game if i create a server)

if i go to port checker it says connection refused on all ports except port 80? how do i force open the ports?

i called my ISP and they say they should be open and there not blocking any ports.

I have a static ip address, 24Mbit up 2.5Mbit down.

when i run my filesharing program (for sharing files between my and my clients) and they try to download a file from me it says it will take (99years, 99days, 99 hours) now i don't really have that long to wait

edit: and yes my network properties are configured manually (and not on auto detect) i have no problem accessing the internet myself

A:Opening ports, i have the firewall disabled but ports are still blocked

It would be better to open the ports in the running firewall than to turn it off. Firewalls load drivers, running or not. Many firewalls block everything by default when they are turned off so that the machine is protected during boot.

You may need to uninstall some firewalls to get them to open all ports.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/opening-ports-i-have-the-firewall-disabled-but-ports-are-still-blocked.788249/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi all,
Well, I was on Vista but it's unstable and slolw and my PC for the moment so I uninstalled it and put my XP home sp2 oem, I plugged my Extern HDD onto one of my 4 USB ports, it says that this device can perform better on a speeder USB 2.0 port but all of my ports are USB 2.0, they all say that, whatever device is.
It's very slow and seeing videos is annoying, I can't, I really need help.
Thanks for your answers.

A:Solved: USB 2.0 ports turned into USB slow ports

What was the solution?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-usb-2-0-ports-turned-into-usb-slow-ports.633770/
Relevancy 39.13%

Installed and Not Ports/Headphone Functioning Ports USB Mic Jack used an uninstaller to clean out some old files and apparently removed some important dlls Some programs were affected by the removal of the dlls including MS Office and internet browsers USB Ports/Headphone Mic Jack Ports Not Functioning and I noticed some strange things on the home network on other PCs Some pages weren t loading flash portions USB Ports/Headphone Mic Jack Ports Not Functioning of internet pages I suspect that the router drivers were somehow compromised but that problem seems to be under control for now I reinstalled flash player and shockwave and I am mostly confident that the browser problems are resolved Ran the repair utility on the XP installation disk on the affected machine and for the most part the original problems seem to have disappeared MS Office functionality has returned with the flash reinstall and with the XP reinstall I have reinstalled some drivers including the graphics and monitor drivers so graphics are good However a whole new crop of problems have appeared since the repair installation The affected computer is an HP DC small form factor with USB ports on the back and on the front Additionally there are also a microphone jack and a headphone jack on the front The USB ports and the mic and headphone jack on the front both have lost functionality I use the usb ports frequently with cameras and other small utilities and the mic and headphone jack for voice to text Pretty important to me to restore functionality of the devices This is the worst of the problems for now but I have been experiencing occasional problems with programs Reinstalls have fixed the problem each time so far I searched out the HP site for the HP drivers for the DC machine to reinstall those but I am confused Which of the drivers should I install for the USB ports There are a number of them listed there Here is the link to the drivers page http h www hp com bizsupport TechSupport SoftwareIndex jsp lang en amp cc us amp prodNameId amp prodTypeId amp prodSeriesId amp swLang amp taskId amp swEnvOID Should I expect a reinstall of the factory PC drivers to restore functionality to missing hardware with this PC Thanks nbsp

A:USB Ports/Headphone Mic Jack Ports Not Functioning

If you go into device manager, do you see anything with a yellow ! or ? beside it?
Vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-ports-headphone-mic-jack-ports-not-functioning.1047850/
Relevancy 37.84%

A few days ago I installed a USB card to be precise this one -Port USB SuperSpeed PCI-E Controller Card - Free as USB ports 3.0 to USB refuse ports work 3.0 Shipping USB 3.0 ports refuse to work as USB 3.0 ports - DealExtreme It uses the very common NEC PD USB controller I installed the required drivers for Windows and the card worked fine for the first day or so but not since Whenever I plug in a USB external hard drive I get a false quot This device can perform faster quot message as if I had plugged the drive in a USB port The external drive I am using is a Western Digital MyBook Essential It is definitely a USB drive and came with the required USB cable While the USB card was working I got full-speed transfers to the limit of the hard drive's ability about - MB s Now I can only get USB speeds - MB s Windows insists I have the drive plugged into a USB port even though it is plugged directly into the USB card Things I tried so far -rebooting and complete power cycle No difference -plugging the drive into one port or the other Also no difference -Looked in Device manager No help there either The controller is recognized as a USB device is using the proper NEC drivers Other info that may be important -No overclocking settings in use -I made sure the cable was plugged in all the way It's in as far as it can go but the ports will still only act like USB ports This is very frustrating How do I fix it I might as well throw the card away if it is only going to act as a USB device

A:USB 3.0 ports refuse to work as USB 3.0 ports

Go to device manager and go the props of those usb ports.
Click uninstall, now they will disappear.
Now install your drivers again, which came with the card
Reboot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/179943-usb-3-0-ports-refuse-work-usb-3-0-ports.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hey guys, brand new kid here. Fairly computer literate but not a whiz by any means. I had to do a Windows XP System Recovery on my HP desktop PC a few weeks ago and since then my USB 2.0 ports haven't been themselves.

Before when I used my Kingston 4gb SDHC card in my front USB 2.0 ports (as they're labeled) it worked at full speed with no problems. After the System Recovery, when I plug in the card it gives me a message saying "This device could perform faster if it were plugged into a High Speed USB 2.0 Port." The problem is, my Device Manager lists a high speed port and hub on my computer, but I get the same message on all the ports on my computer. I tried updating the drivers and uninstalling and reinstalling them but to no avail.

Is there any way to fix this?

Relevancy 37.84%

I have a problem with my front usb ports/audio ports, a couple days ago I replaced my radiator and unplugged the cord for the front usb ports but it went back in fine and ever since then I would have my headphones plugged in but whenever I took out something from the usb port the headphone/audio stopped working, could there be something wrong with the way I plugged it back in?

Thanks.

A:Problem with usb ports/audio ports

Maybe a hardware problem,check it from u'r computer manufacturer !

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/36309-problem-usb-ports-audio-ports.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi My daughter has a lot of Barbie CD-ROM games There is one game she has that is rather old yet it is really one of her favorites Barbie s Magic Genie Bottle This game came with a life-sized magic genie bottle that acted as a ports/USB ports? for an game there adapter Is joy-stick It has a motion sensor Is there an adapter for game ports/USB ports? jewel on the front that you move your hand in front of and the top comes off Each of these things perfomed a function in the game I m sure you can imagine the appeal to an -year-old little girl Now the problem is I ve gotten a hmmm complete system overhaul I guess you could say A new larger hard-drive new processor and new motherboard The OLD system had a gameport on the back of the computer The new one doesn t It only has USB ports Please SOMEBODY tell me that there is some sort of adapter or someway I can make this Genie Bottle work with this system If any of you have never lived in a house with Is there an adapter for game ports/USB ports? an -year-old Barbie-obsessed little girl you have no idea of the drama and histrionics that are occuring here Is there any way I can make a Magic Genie Bottle with a gameport plug work with a tower that now only has USB ports Somebody please save me nbsp

A:Is there an adapter for game ports/USB ports?

You could try one of these, never heard much about them so
http://www.radioshack.com/product.a...og_name=CTLG&category_name=&product_id=26-164

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-there-an-adapter-for-game-ports-usb-ports.215737/
Relevancy 37.41%

Vista Ultimate -bit ASUS Rampage Formula motherboard USB mouse and keyboard connected in back ports Two things Back ports working, partially ethernet) working front ports stopped (USB, happened Avira antivirus warned me of some threats which I either ignored or deleted Windows Update Back ports (USB, ethernet) stopped working, front ports partially working had some updates ready although I m not sure if it updated I turned off my PC for a couple of hours turned it back on and realized that my USB keyboard was not working on the password screen I eventually unplugged it from the back and plugged it into the front where it worked However my USB mouse did not work when plugged into the second front port nor did it work when plugged into the front port in which the keyboard worked I accessed System Restore using my keyboard and restored to one day previously When it finished both keyboard and mouse worked although I got a pop-up message alerting me that the quot drivers for your device could not be installed quot When I clicked quot OK quot the mouse stopped working again I have checked BIOS and both mouse and keyboard are recognized so it does not appear to be a hardware issue nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/back-ports-usb-ethernet-stopped-working-front-ports-partially-working.950262/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hey everyone could anybody explain what ports are all about, like for example COM PORTS, LISTENING PORTS all that.
Is it more of a software thing for programs to communicate with eachother?

Im sure most of ye know what im on about

Thanx!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/com-ports-listening-ports.106315/
Relevancy 35.26%

My ASUS p5wd2 premium board has all 2.0 Hi-speed USB ports but when
I installed an external USB 2.0 ALURATEK 500GB HD it tells me I will get better
performance if I connect it to a HI -speed port.
Anyone have any ideas as to why this would happen. Transfer rates are around 980KB/sec
which is painfully slow.
TKS Robert

Relevancy 34.4%

Hello.

I am trying to get DSL or some other form of broadband. One thing that is bothering me is security because I leave my machine on all the time. Thus I wish to use the Windows 2000 Port Resticting App and/or/in conjunction with Tiny Personal Firewall.

So the question is where can I find a listing of some sort that tells me what type(s) and number port(s) PC games use? Also if avalible LINUX games?

Thank you.

A:How do I find Ports that Games Use- Ports That PC Games Use - Listings - Help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-find-ports-that-games-use-ports-that-pc-games-use-listings-help.96648/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello

We've got a video system at our company. This system uses an internal IP as an website to download the viewer application.

This website video.companyname.nl does only work in our internal network (or through VPN).

-I've created a "Host (A)" record in our DNS manger under the "forward lookup zone" --> "companyname.nl"
-Our ISP (Internet Service Provider) has created an "A Record" which forwards the address: video.companyname.nl to one of our 8 external IP addresses...

How do I make sure the website is also accesible from a external network?

We work with a versatel modem (/30 subnet) connected to a Cisco 871 (/28 subnet), which is connected to a Cisco 871w (/29 subnet with two internal VLAN's (/24 subnet))

Any help would be appreciated....

Wouter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/forwarding.946034/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi Guys,

I am developing some applications for my dads company and the hosting site said they would allow remote connections to their database by setting up an exception in their firewall for the ip address I gave them. I want to be able to work from home but have a dynamic ip address so I gave them my dads work ip address which is static. I only need to do this while connecting to the SQL server on port 1433. So I am wondering what is the best way to go about achieving this.

Thanks

Relevancy 32.68%

This is a simple question - I used to be able to forward a URL to someone when I saw a page that I wanted to share and now I can't do that anymore. Does anyone knows why? I am using IE8

Relevancy 32.68%

i've got problems with my bittorrent programm
it says i have to forward my pc
we set up a network some time ago and it seems to me that it's forwarded to the wrong pc

i'd like to get this problem fixed

my router is a sitecom DC 202 v3

thanks in advance

Relevancy 32.68%

Hey guys Ill just jump into the issue I have a plain and simple Netgear RP v Router I have a few computers hooked up too it with no problems One of them is my FreeBSD server I setup the router with the basic DHCP and im forwarding port pointing to the BSD BOX Now I can connect to with no Forwarding! problems internally However when i try and connect useing my public IP address the connection times out My first thought was Forwarding! my ISP is blocking so i called them and Forwarding! they are NOT blocking they block which sucks I went ahead and even sheild with SHEILDSUP and they say its open as well I used NMAP to scan my address and i can verfy that is in fact open I cant figure out why i cant connect I dont have any firewall rules set in place so the only thing running is NAT and thats through the router anyway Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 32.25%

I am a netacape web mail user. When I try to forward mail expecially ones
with pictures this window and message comes up. I would appreciate any
help you can give me.

(Java Script Application)

We're sorry,we are unable to send this message at this time. Please try
to send your message again. (reference # 112) It doesn't do any good to
try again. I just get the same message.

A:Forwarding Error

As it happens, Netscape's Webmail, which you access through your browser, has a bug. It appears to be longstanding. And if you're still getting the Reference #112 message, I guess it hasn't been fixed. You might check with them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/forwarding-error.362848/
Relevancy 32.25%

How do I forward a web page to another recipient?

A:Forwarding a web page

Hello jpk,

If you like, you could send an email with the URL of the website in it to the recipient.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/357995-forwarding-web-page.html
Relevancy 32.25%

I have a Belkin F5D8636-4 v2 router. I am trying to port forward but everytime it says WAN IP invalid ip. How can i fix this?
Do I have to set up a static ip? if so how? Thanks very much

A:Port forwarding

you will not normaly have a static ip unless ypu have asked for it as many isp charge extra for it. if you want to check then google what is my ip record you ip then restart the router and check you ip again, if it is static then it will be the same as before.

port fowarding is done through the router by logging into it and finding the right tab (port fowarding, vertial servers ect) normaly to foaward a port you go to http://192.168.2.1/ or http://192.168.1.1/ differs from router to router. log in to the system with what ever password you set. and have a look around for tabs or links that say port fowarding or vertial servers again differs from router to router

hope that helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/port-forwarding.972649/
Relevancy 32.25%

I have found the guides to port forwarding on portforwarding.com or whatever the url is, but I am unsure as to how to do it with my setup. I have my actiontech modem (192.168.0.1), my dlink wireless router (192.168.10.1), and several computers on the network. Because of the security concerns involved with forwarding ports, I only want to forward the ports to my machine (192.168.10.221). Both my router and modem support forwarding to specific IPs.
Also, by forwarding these ports to .10.221 would I be endangering other computers that are on the network and access the internet at the same time that I do?
Thanks all!
-lag1tup

A:Port Forwarding...

You need to put the (insert mystery model of Actiontec modem/router here) into bridge mode to simplify port forwarding. Right now, you have two NAT layers, and it'll be really difficult to get all the port forwarding working.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/port-forwarding.638172/
Relevancy 32.25%

I am trying to port forward with a Westell 6100 DSL modem/router issued by bellsouth. Now i have it connected to a DLink DI-524 v3 wireless router. I made the Dlink into a HUB by following these instructions : http://forum.portforward.com/YaBB.cgi?board=Knowledge;action=display;num=1133918703

Now I want to forward the port 11717 and I can't seem to get it to work. I went to my Westell 6100 and forwarded the port but still nothing. Please help.

I have windows vista, dont know if that helps.

Relevancy 32.25%

I currently have a @hotmail.co.uk email address. I've now got an @outlook.com email address.

The @hotmail.co.uk email address I don't use anymore but I still need it active as my local doctors, dentist know it etc...

I currently set it up so that my @hotmail.co.uk will forward my emails to my @outlook.com

However when I login to my @hotmail.co.uk email address the junk emails don't forward. Sometimes the junk emails are actually important so I'm wondering if any of you know how I can get my "junk" emails from my @hotmail.co.uk email account to automatically forward to my @outlook.com email account.

Btw the Inbox on the @hotmail.co.uk forwards emails correctly.

A:Forwarding mail?

Quote: Originally Posted by mangoh

I currently have a @hotmail.co.uk email address. I've now got an @outlook.com email address.

The @hotmail.co.uk email address I don't use anymore but I still need it active as my local doctors, dentist know it etc...

I currently set it up so that my @hotmail.co.uk will forward my emails to my @outlook.com

However when I login to my @hotmail.co.uk email address the junk emails don't forward. Sometimes the junk emails are actually important so I'm wondering if any of you know how I can get my "junk" emails from my @hotmail.co.uk email account to automatically forward to my @outlook.com email account.

BTW the Inbox on the @hotmail.co.uk forwards emails correctly.

Hello mangoh and welcome to the forums

I don't know of a way to disable the spam filter, but you could just add the doctor and dentist to your Hotmail contacts then they won't be put in the spam folder

Tom

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/256166-forwarding-mail.html
Relevancy 32.25%

I am trying to use my web cam but it says im behind a firewall. I obviously need to open up some ports or something, I don't realy know what to do. Im using a Belkin F5D7633-4 router if that helps at all!

A:Port Forwarding

Check your documentation on your brand and model of webcam to see which port/s you need to forward. Then go to Belkin's site for instructions on how to port forward. Or Google how to port forward on that model router. Just a thought.

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/44887/port-forwarding/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi, right now, I am hosting a file transfer server... a server where everyone can connect to it and download files. But before that, I need to have my port 411 open... Which I dunno how... right now it is on stealth... can anyone please help me?

I have done quite a bit on this... but it still remains stealth... I don't wanna tell everyone what I did because it will makeyou guys miss out telling me how to open a port properly. Thanks

Relevancy 32.25%

I've been wondering about this for a while and have been unable to find the answer:

Why do some services, such as Apache Web Server, Databases and such require you to forward the ports on your home router, but other applications, like AOL Instant Messenger don't need the ports forwarded?

Relevancy 32.25%

Hey guys thanks for your help earlier. And know im stuck on a little thing. Port forwarding is completely new to me and im pretty sure this is the place where i will learn. The thing is im a torrent fan big user of skype and all of those p2p programs seem to a bit laggy, i learned that the port is not opened. I folowed the instructions easy thing BUT im lost at the point where you have to configure it. The instruction says this and this is how the control panel of the router looks like and can you explain to me what to i have to put in there?;]
THANKS GUYS

A:Port forwarding

From the TSG Rules, which you should have read when you joined.

P2P Instructions - We do not support P2P file sharing applications and any threads requesting help for such will be closed. This includes Kazaa, Bearshare, WinMX, and the like. If you're interested in the topic, you are free to discuss it on our site (and please visit StealingIsIllegal.com), but information on how to use them will not be provided.

We are aware that there are legal applications for file sharing but we have chosen to take this postion as we cannot determine when the assistance requested is for illegal or legal purposes and the illegal far outweigh the legal in this medium.Click to expand...

This thread is closed.
P.S. Skype requires no port forwarding, it works fine for me and all the people I've set it up for right out of the box.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/port-forwarding.856050/
Relevancy 32.25%

can anyone help me with port forwarding?

i need to forward ports 3074 for UDP and TCP and 2346 for UDP

i thought i had cracked it but its still not working, anyhelp will be appreciated. i have a sky connection with a wireless router. thanks

A:port forwarding

Can you please provide the brand and model # of your router?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/port-forwarding-550471.html
Relevancy 32.25%

i have no idea how to forward my ports. help!

A:Port Forwarding?

Consult the user manual for your router, it should tell you how to do this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/port-forwarding.647078/
Relevancy 32.25%

I'm trying to open the port: 43594. I'm using this guide, http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Actiontec/MI-424-WR/default.htm and when I use it, I get everything right until I reach the "Add Server Ports" It doesn't show that after I click "Add" or "New". Anybody know how to get to it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/port-forwarding-help.881842/
Relevancy 32.25%

I can only forward email by typing an address in the 'to" section. one must be able to list multi addresses from address list. I can't

A:forwarding email

Hello,

What email program are you using?

Try typing a semicolon (;) after the email address, and then type the next one.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/forwarding-email-542877.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Can you help. I set up VNC remote access. Now away from home tried to access files get message 'working behind NAT set port to 5900' how do I do this? My router is Thompson 585

Relevancy 32.25%

Ok here is my problem. Recently the old wirespeed modem gave up the ghost and Verizon sent me one of their new Westell 6100g. I port forwarded the verizon modem, then briged it to my router. But for some reason the prgogram I need the port forwarded for isn't recognizing the port being open. I know my port is forwarded correctly via the modem because when I connect directly through the modem everything works fine. But when I throw the router in the equation that's when it gets squirrely. I removed the port forward exception from my router page because Verizon doesn't offer static IP's to non business customers anymore. And it had no effect enabled or disabled. Just curious if anyone can help me understand why I can't open the port when everything is connected.

Relevancy 32.25%

hey everyone, i have a question about Port Forwarding, i would like to make my torrents download faster, i use freedom firewall and a SpeedStream 5200 Modem/router with NAT, well my problem is that i try to connect to my IP Number in the address bar on internet explorer and i keep getting either yahoo search or if i'am not connected to the net i get the error saying site not found check your security settings, I type the IP like this 64.232.87.63 it automatically puts Http//. I would just like to know what the problem is, any suggestions would be very helpful.
thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/port-forwarding-please-help-30344.html
Relevancy 32.25%

I already know how to access the basic control panel for my router and look and what's kicking around in there, people have told me to go to portforward.com but it has been little or no help, so I'm going to be specific in what I need assistance with:

Here is a screenshot of the setup in the router has, now to my knowledge I've not touched this aside running the original wizard a while ago, in regard to setting up a network. The idea is I want to forward these lists of ports on my router and I'm wondering how to do so:

3724 - 3724
80 - 80
3306 - 3306
8129 - 8129
8093 -8093
6112 - 6112
6881-6999
3036 - 3036
8050 -8050

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 32.25%

If you could help me with forwarding my ports in my Netgear router, I mean, actually assist me while I go through setting it up, I'd like for you to leave me a date and time(pacific US) that you'll be able to help, I'd like it a lot.

A:Need port forwarding help.

If you want real-time help, then you are better off visiting the IRC channel or perhaps contacting someone via instant messaging. I am hardly ever online and in a very inconvenient timezone unfortunately.

In the mean time, you can try Reading The Friendly Manual to get some background info etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-port-forwarding-help.42587/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi,
I just got a new router. A Jensen Scandinavia 59300, and I want to be able to port forward Warcraft 3. I've activated Port Forwarding, Virtual Server and special applications, but it simply won't work. And I've also done the windows firewall settings. Any suggestions?

Port forwarding requires that you specify the IP of the computer running the service. And the ports to forward.

So what ports did you forward and to what IP?

You need a static LAN IP on the computer you are forwarding to.

I do assume the Internet is working, correct?

Look at this: http://www.instructables.com/id/How_to_host_in_Warcraft_3_Port_Forward_your_rout/

And common ports: http://portforward.com/cports.htm

And be sure these are permitted thu the Firewall actually turn off firewall for trouble shooting. I all works till the FW is turned on well.....

Mike

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/port-forwarding.121894/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi, and thanks for any help that you can provide.

I have a d-link dir-515r wireless router. It has a rather unconventional screen for port forwarding and I can't figure it out. I've googled for help and fiddled around with the settings, but I just can't seem to get the port to be open. Whenever I check at yougetsignal.com it is set to closed.

Could you help me?

Here are the screenies:

http://gyazo.com/9b194c55f5e3c0eb339bce5fcba7c85f
http://gyazo.com/8561f017e3437f20efd572686ff7489b

Relevancy 32.25%

hey guys I am at wits end to even open a port I have done any and everything just to even open a specific port on my pc and try PortForward s port forwarding help port checker and web based checkers and I can t get the port or any port to show as open I am trying to make an IP webcam on my network viewable from the internet port forwarding help My setup is like this quot gigaset a quot DSL modem Ethernet cable goes into internet port on LINKSYS WRTGS wireless router from my LINKSYS port forwarding help another Ethernet cable goes my my desktop Code Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Pandemic gt ip config all 'ip' is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file C Users Pandemic gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Pandemic-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No port forwarding help WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List domain invalid Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain invalid Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - -CA- C- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c be bd e d ebdf Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday April PM Lease Expires Friday April PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -C - - - - -CA- C- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap domain invalid Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain invalid Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e d e b cc e Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe d e b cc e Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled I went to LINKSYS port forwarding the address I am forwarding to is the ip webcam server I know if the IP changes it won t work but before thinking of setting up a static ip for the webcam on my network I need to get it to actually work Nothing I do will open any ports on my pc I ve tried enabling DMZ I ve even set rules for windows firewall to allow incoming outgoing connections on the port I want i ve disabled windows firewall I am running on windows ultimate The problem for my really is as far as I can tell I can t even open a port to allow connections to my computer from the outside Of course all my internet games etc work fine and have never had a problem but I can t seem to manually open a port I want Any insights nbsp

Relevancy 32.25%

How to forward a port on d-link 584-t and make it usable for other comps to connect to?
The port I need to forward is 15151 to allow a certain game to get lan playability.
Thank you

A:Forwarding a port

check this out http://portforward.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/forwarding-a-port.757548/
Relevancy 32.25%

hi guys, so I decided to do some port forwarding. I read everything, and I KNOW how to port forward.

So i went into 129.11 whatever the numbers are.

I clicked on configuration, and as expected, a login thingy came out...

The trouble is, I don't seem to remember my id or password.

Even more troubling, I searched on the internet, and it said ADMIN and PASSWORD or 1234, but it doesn't work on mine! I typed admin for the username, and password for the password, and it still doesn't work!

Any help?

Relevancy 32.25%

If anyone can help me out with this I will owe you big time!
Here's the config:

Netgear Router using IP address #1 (from my ISP)
DSL modem connected to WAN port
Several computers connected to LAN all with manually assigned local addresses.
One of these is using IP address #2 (from my ISP)
Router has been configured to DMZ address #2
The machine using address #2 is running a video security system that I can monitor remotely via the 'web if I can get it to work. But, so far cannot ping address #2 from anywhere.

Help?
Thanx
DC

Relevancy 32.25%

I have a client with a PIX firewall. I don't have much background in configuring one of these. I need to ensure that it will pass PPTP VPN traffic to a specific internal address. For example:

68.103.x.x(External) > CISCO PIX(NAT 192.168.1.1) > Internal RRAS Server(IP 192.168.1.215)

Thanks!

Relevancy 32.25%

I have a D-LINK DIR-615A, and I can not get my ports to open.
I have a static IP, and have forwarded them, even Enabled DMZ mode but no matter what I do I can't get the ports to be read, I'm using

http://www.canyouseeme.org/

To see if the ports open, and they never do no matter what!

Help please !!

I have Windwos XP SP3 btw

Relevancy 32.25%

Well I'm trying to host a Counter Strike Source server which uses port Now here's some info On my router modem Port Forwarding I had the ports forwarded to my old laptop which I have since gotten rid of - gt the server worked fine on my old laptop Now I just updated the router it now forwards the ports to this laptop So I know my router is doing everything fine as I've triple checked it and it had worked previously Next just to test I completely turned off Windows Firewall But I checked my Port Forwarding ports here - gt just checking It says it's closed Hmm Now I'm running a fresh install of Windows I've only got Microsoft Security Essentials on this laptop right now and I've made sure that no other AV is installed through the control panel MSE doesn't come with any form of Firewall so that's not the issue Before on my Vista laptop I had simply allowed the program ports through Windows Port Forwarding Firewall and it worked instantly Is there something I'm missing I went through my installed programs again to check for anything that might have have a firewall and nothing pops out I just can't seem to get it to work Is there something more that I need to do

Have a looky over here pal Open Port Check and here Port Forwarding Router Guides maybe this might help a bit

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/215979-port-forwarding.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Ok um... the networking component of computers is a mystery to me. I need to port forward a specific port for this one program, but no matter what i do i keep getting a NAT error. I tried the virtual thing and it didnt work. It's not the regular firewall because i turned it off. If i connect my computer straight to the modem than theres no problem so it must be the router.
I have no idea what DHCP is or any of those terms so im really confused with the troubleshooting instructions online. Anyone can help please?

Relevancy 32.25%

Am trying to set up Gmail Forwarding one account email to another Gmail account I set it up it did not know if I did it right could you tell me the forwarding method ?

A:Gmail forwarding ?

Greetings sportman3!

I believe that this should be able to help you.

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/10957?hl=en

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/gmail-forwarding-991201.html
Relevancy 32.25%

im trying to set up a ftp server. i have it all set up except for my modem. my modem is connected to my linux computer and my windows computer is connected to linux. the ip address of linux is 192.168.1.2 and the address of windows is 192.168.0.5. my modem is a Netcomm NB1 and i went into the port forward part and i noticed that when i forward port 21 to linux and do a security check it says port 21 is open but when i forward it to windows it still says its closed and im not sure why.

A:need port forwarding help

It doesn't work because there is no direct connection between the modem and the Windows computer.

You should either connect the Windows machine directly to the "modem" (your modem seems to include a router device) or set up another port forwarding rule on the Linux computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-port-forwarding-help.90399/
Relevancy 32.25%

I recently got a wireless router and I'm having trouble forwarding a port. I went to portforward.com & followed instructions to successfully(I think) setup a static ip address. But when I went into my router and entered the port info, it wouldn't accept it. It said something like "server ip must be a LAN ip." I think the problem is I have Vonage and have their voip box in the mix. It goes cable modem > router > voip > PC

How would I forward ports like this? I read something about setting up a DMZ but I wasn't 100% sure what that was.

I'm kind of a newbie with networking but can someone help me out?

Windows XP SP2
Netgear wgr614v7 router
Motorola VT2142 voip box
Comcast internet
Vonage

Relevancy 32.25%

Hello I help Port-forwarding m trying to Port-forwarding help install and download Port-forwarding help a game but I was running the launcher and it was showing extremely slow download speeds My internet speedtest net results showed mbps whereas the game launcher was downloading at a speed of mbps but went as low as kbps So I decided to try port forwarding to see if that might be the issue I haven t however been able to figure out how to get my ports forwarded I have tried this with another game in the past thinking it had worked but after using the Port Checker tool for portforward com I ve been told that the ports aren t open My router page is attached that shows what I ve tried to do with the ports I am running Windows with a Motorola SBG router My static IP Address which was set using another tool from portforward com In addition since installing the two tools my default search provided changed from Google to Bing and I m getting random popups and had some programs installed on my computer that I didn t ask for and don t want nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/port-forwarding-help.1104691/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi I have a problem trying to port forward.
The computer I am trying to forward is connected to another computer via a Switch. The other computer connects to the Internet via a DLink Wireless adapter to a Fritz Box WLAN 7050 Router.

Both computers are running Windows XP SP2. Both are on a static IP address. The computer directly connected via the DLink adapter port forwards fine with its static IP address, but the other one does not seem to work.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong.

Many thanks
fabfeingold

Port forwarding within your local network does not involved the router, you have to make adjustments to the local software firewall settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/port-forwarding.756173/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello everyone. I am having an unbelievably hard time getting my router to forward a couple ports (specifically for Skype). I have been doing this for years and have never had this much trouble. I have tried two different routers, two different computers, and connecting via wired LAN and wireless. I have also tried updating the firmware on the routers with no luck. I know how to correctly set port forwarding, so I am thinking it has to be something else.

Here is my info:
* I am running Windows XP SP3 on both computers
* The two routers are: Linksys BEFW11S4 & Netgear WGR614

I recently upgraded to SP3, but I changed routers at the same time. Could something with SP3 be causing this? Any help you could give would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

Relevancy 32.25%

I dont know if i am placing this in the right area but im trying to port forward for minecraft and cant get it to work. Ill explain more and fix my grammar when i get to my pc

I am using a wirless router = SGB6580C8, windows 7 64 bit, I have port fowarded before with windows 7 and the only way I got it to work was a port range to port forward once (2500-8000 ex and it worked, but I don't remember the port range and I am trying to port forward for minecraft. I can start the server and connect to it by typing in local host but my friends can't connect no matter how hard I try, Nothing is using port 25565 and all my anti virus is off and firewalls are off and to be safe even added the exceptions in windows firewalls. I don't know where I'm going wrong or what.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/338723-port-forwarding.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi all!!
I m using the speedtouch 536v6 adsl/router..
I want t set up a dedicated server so i have t open some ports from the routers page..
Well i ve dine this and also i set up a static ip but finaly the ports where clased...
What i saposed to do??
please help!
thanks

Relevancy 32.25%

Hello I have a few questions about the Port Forwarding and routers in general I have changed the actual Forwarding Port port numbers on the picture below to maintan privacy and security but this was probably unnecessary right As you can Port Forwarding see on Port Forwarding the picture below the internal and external UDP and TCP ports have the same number in my router settings for Port Forwarding Skype But in Skype under the Connections I have a different port number Should I change and enter the number that I've found under the UPnP settings of my router to make Skype work better I am pretty new to networks but it seems to me that even though the UPnP is enabled in my router Skype didn't get set up properly - as the port numbers differ Or am I wrong Also why is the number after the IP address and the port's numbers are with the additional number What's the deal here which port is opened then or Would my internet connection be much more secure if I would disable the UPnP completely and open the ports for Skype manually if yes - how amp do I have to do it for each computer on the network respectively In general is it true that one should always open only the ports above for Skype and such A little off topic how can I check which Channel is best for my WiFi broadcast Is there a free utility that would find the best possible channel for my wireless network Or should I leave it on the Auto setting Thank you for your help in advance

Personally I would leave UPNP enabled in your router, I would also check the box in Skype that says "Enable uPnP". I would then reboot your router to clear the UPNP settings and then start Skype again.

The reason it would say 192.168.1.100:5698 and not 56985 is most likely due to a Character Limit. I have no idea about whether you should only enable ports above 6000 for Skype, I would say it shouldn't matter too much so long as they don't overlap with other things.

As for your WiFi, never leave it on Auto as this tends to only use about three different bands not them all. The best way to check is to use this WiFi Analyzer on your phone: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lyzer&hl=en_US

When you open the app it may already be on the "Channel Graph" which looks like the screenshot with all the peaks (the first after the video), if not then tap View at the top and set it to it. This view lets you see what bands all the other routers around you are using, and what one your router is using. For your router pick the band that is furthest away from all the others, e.g. if there are routers using bands 1, 3, 4 and 5, but none of them are using the higher bands then stick your router up there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/353102-port-forwarding.html