Windows Support Forum

Will adding a 2nd network card improve local network transfer speed

Q: Will adding a 2nd network card improve local network transfer speed

This sounds really noobie of me but is it possible to improve local network transfer speed by adding a 2nd network card. I was planning to connect one exclusively for lan transfers and another one hooked to a separate wireless router.

Right now only a maximum of 3 users can stream SD videos off the PC before it gets a little choppy.

The pc in question runs on windows 7 and it's board has built in gigabit, I happen to have a spare gigabit card.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Will adding a 2nd network card improve local network transfer speed

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Will adding a 2nd network card improve local network transfer speed

That won't really help the way you are describing the problem, although adding access points will help with streaming to wireless devices.

Although there is a setting in Group Policy that allows you to use two connections at the same time, I don't believe it will help in this situation.

I've done many HD movie streaming tests on my system.

I can stream from my media PC to at least 7 other machines at the same time, 4 wired, 3 wireless, plus my TV, and have no problems at all, no skipping, no freezing, even with the same movie in the same place or with 8 different movies at once, my TV is connected to my media center PC so counts as the 8th one.

This is Gb LAN, and 300Mbps wireless but even the 65Mbps limited laptop has no problem.

I'm not really sure why you are seeing these limitations but it may be the router.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/275341-will-adding-2nd-network-card-improve-local-network-transfer-speed.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hello nbsp I am trying to add a local user permission to a network folder and I cannot get window to choose the correct scope WinXp handles this like a charm I go start run computername share I right click on the folder in question and choose security I then choose edit and then add I am going to change quot From this location quot from the domain to the remote computername I then type network local a to a user Adding share. the name of the local user that I would like to add Click ok I end up with the quot name not found window quot In the security window if I choose advance and click find I end up finding only the quot Built-in quot security names I get around this by using XP but my xp days are numbers are I have been told I have to give up that machine Win seems to always be stuck on searching for domain names rather than changing the scope to the local names nbsp hours and hours of searching returns random noise articles about how to set security on folders nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8c44ad35-0d7d-4b4a-99f8-6f5735c42a30/adding-a-local-user-to-a-network-share?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 87.29%

Thank you in advance for any and all help provided,  My father gave me a "Z600 workstation" that he is not going to use anymore(retired). I noticed that this unit can have a dual CPU setup. My question is if I can use this unit for gaming. Can I set up the rig with 2 CPU for better gaming performance?  I am aware of GPU and RAMM upgrades but not to sure if it's even possible to run the 2 CPU at the same time? Will having the 2 CPU increase the GHz speed from 2.13GHz - 4.26GHz? system : HP Z600 WorkstationIntel Xeon E5506 (1x)@2.13GHz3GB DDR3 RAMMWindows 8.1 ProBoot Block Date 01/30/09 B3-based system 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Will-adding-second-CPU-improve-speed-Z600-workstation/td-p/5672234
Relevancy 86.86%

I have 3 computers on my network. I can transfer large files on 2 computers with no problems. One computer has XP pro and the other has Win 2000. On the 3rd computer I have Win 98. When I try to transfer a large file, say 800MB the system locks up. This computer has a 550 mhz amd prossesor and 256 mb of memory. I'm running a DSL router and can download large files through the internet but not through my network on this win98 computer! Any suggestions? Thanks

Relevancy 86.86%

Hi
My PC's network card is configured as 100 Mbps
My NAS Drive is configured as 100 Mbps

My Home Hub 3 shows both connected at 100 Mbps, yet I'm getting a maximum of 1.3M transferring a file to the NAS.

Is there any way I can increase this ?
I get the same speed from my 20Mbps download from my DSL.

A:Slow Network Transfer Speeds on Local LAN

Your hub is probably whats causing the problem. Hubs are only able to run in 1/2 duplex mode so your speed is only 50 mbps.

100 Mbps (Mega bits per second) connection maximum theoretical speed is 12.5 MBps (Mega Bytes per sec)

A hub that runs in 1/2 duplex mode runs at 50 Mbps = 6.25 MBps

This is theoretical maximum speeds.

To increase you speeds i would suggest replacing your hub with a switch. If you want to increase it more add gigabit hardware to all your machines. That will give you a maximum of 125 MBps. On my Gigabit network I normally see network transfer speeds around 70-100 MBps.

I hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/258964-slow-network-transfer-speeds-local-lan.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi Guys, I wonder if you can help out.

I'm trying to add a network admin security group to my local Admins group on some computers I'm prepping. Currently this means logging in with the local admin, opening computer management, adding the group, then putting in my network admin credentials.

What I'm trying to do is script it. Here is the script I have so far, which obviously doesn't work.

net localgroup Administrators /ADD domain\SG_AD_Admins
net localgroup "Power Users" /ADD "domain\domain users"
It keeps throwing me an Access is denied error when I run it as either local admin or network admin, which makes sense since I need the local account to get into computer management but then network admin to actually add the security group.

I was also messing around with the runas command, but so far I'm pretty stumped. Any help would be appreciated!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-network-admins-to-the-local-admin-group-automatically.1108606/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi Hopefully there is a solution to this as I have been trying for the last hrs to no avail My network is currently setup like this Router D-Link DSL- B Wireless N Router apparently capable of mb s Xbox with the official Wireless N Network Adaptor apparently capable of mb s Desktop with Belkin N Wireless Desktop Card apparently capable of mb s I am trying to stream media from my PC to my Xbox and I have managed to get the Xbox to find the PC and the content but it is buffering like hell On both the PC and the Xbox the connectivity tests give the result as the best connection possible I looked at my network card on my PC and it is reporting a speed of only mb s the majority of the time but every so often spikes to mb s Network Local Increase Speed? mb s and mb s Is there anyway I can improve this so that it stays Increase Local Network Speed? at a higher speed As mb s is no where near quick enough to run stream video clearly Thanks in advance Cheers Ross

A:Increase Local Network Speed?

Setup the X-Box 360 to connect at half duplex instead of full. Then try your streaming out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/77586-increase-local-network-speed.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I am having trouble with transfer speeds on my local network. 3 x Windows 7 PC's and one Linux Ubuntu. All computers are connected via gbit LAN setup in homegroup sharing (Ubuntu PC via Samba share).

When transfering files via Windows Explorer between the Windows PC's I get about 60-70 MB/s which is good. However when I transfer via FTP I only get about 11-12 MB/s, looks like speed is limited to 100mbit.

Also transfers in Windows Explorer between Ubuntu PC and any of the Windows PC's is limited in the same way (100mbit).

Anyone know what the problem could be? Any help greatly appreciated.

A:Local Network speed problem on LAN

Quote: Originally Posted by flikker

I am having trouble with transfer speeds on my local network. 3 x Windows 7 PC's and one Linux Ubuntu. All computers are connected via gbit LAN setup in homegroup sharing (Ubuntu PC via Samba share).

When transfering files via Windows Explorer between the Windows PC's I get about 60-70 MB/s which is good. However when I transfer via FTP I only get about 11-12 MB/s, looks like speed is limited to 100mbit.

Also transfers in Windows Explorer between Ubuntu PC and any of the Windows PC's is limited in the same way (100mbit).

Anyone know what the problem could be? Any help greatly appreciated.

What malare/firewall. FTP uses different ports through them than IE (25 vs 80)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/206204-local-network-speed-problem-lan.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi All Here is my problem In this case I transfer speed network over Slow am trying to transfer pictures from one of my XP systems to my Windows Home Premium system over my wired network Between the XP systems things run fairly quick But not with involved When I go to transfer the pictures that I want it tells me that it will take minutes And this is for only MB of data Tell me this can get better Being new to I have no idea where to look for the problem I tried searching Microsoft's site and the help files on my system I just can't find a solution Here is Slow transfer speed over network some more info and maybe some you don't need On the Windows system I can access all the shared folders on my other systems all XP SP If I go to the network map my other systems are marked as quot The following discovered devices can not be placed in the map quot I don't know if that is a problem or not The reason I did that is because I was reading through the Microsoft site Slow transfer speed over network on file sharing and that was mentioned It also mentions a program called LLTD which may be needed on -bit XP systems I tried installing that on my Slow transfer speed over network XP system but it said I didn't need it As far as the file transfer while sitting at my XP system access is denied when I try to access the shared folder for my pictures on Windows Now if I transfer them to the Users Public Pictures folder it will transfer them in just over minutes Still a little slow in my opinion and not where I want them Why can I transfer there and not into the folder I want them And why is quicker to transfer while sitting at my XP system I have made sure that all the systems have the same workgroup name I have also tried disconnecting the power from my modem router and all systems then powering each one up one at a time That was suggested to me before It didn't change anything One last thing While starting my Windows system as soon as it was at the desktop I tried to transfer the pictures again and the transfer took off Almost immediately it said that there was seconds left It was flying like I thought it should Less then a minute into the transfer it hit a wall and changed to about minutes Go figure I checked my settings for the folders I want to transfer to and they are set as shared Maybe at that point a security program started up I don't know I do have a trial version of Norton's Internet Security installed It came preloaded with the system I was thinking of removing that and going with Avast free I have checked any firewalls and did disable them No difference I tried to list everything I've tried Hopefully some helpful info in there I find it strange that I can access the shared folders but not transfer from them Any thoughts on what to do Is there a setting in Windows that needs to be changed Thanks in advance Mike

A:Slow transfer speed over network

Most likely either the NIC drivers on the Windows 7 machine or the firmware of your router could use an update to work with Windows 7.

There are plenty of very recent driver updates for your board in the link below. The realtek network controller dated 11/09 is probably the one you need.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...roduct=4011295

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/49598-slow-transfer-speed-over-network.html
Relevancy 85.14%

i am creating a local network of just 2 PCs. 1st one is using windows 7 OS and the 2nd one is using windows 8.1 . Error i am facing is when i click on TCP/IP(v4) properties in 2nd PC(win 8.1 pc) it says that ""In order to configure TCP/IP, you
must install and enable a network adapter card.". 1st pc is working fine and showing shared drives and files in network but 2nd PC is not showing anything in network because id donot allow me to configure IP settings. 
Please Note that i have also connected WiFi connection to my 2nd PC and that connection is working fine and showing all the TCP/IP Properties correctly without showing any error. 
I have disabled Network adapter in Device manager and installed again but nothing happens. 
Help me in this Please
Thank you!!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2990769a-8c77-41b4-9f7a-3dc0ae0c39e7/error-while-opening-local-network-properties-in-windows-81-ampquotin-order-to-configure-tcpip?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 84.28%

I have the bt home hub router and my pc connected with a standard 54g wifi card.
My network hard drive is connected via an ethernet cable into my router.
If i drag a file from my pc into a folder on my network hard drive, what should the max speed be?
Currently using W7, showing between 1.58 - 2.15 MB/second which is very slow, files I download off the internet are at least twice as fast as this.

A:Network hard drive transfer speed

if you plug the PC into the router with a cable - what sort of speeds do you get ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-hard-drive-transfer-speed.1079802/
Relevancy 84.28%

This is how to do it. Right click Network \ Properties \ Change Adapter Settings. Right click the Local Area Connection \ Properties \ Configure \ Advanced. Highlight Large Send Offload v2 (IPv4). Under Value select Disable. Do the same for Large Send Offload v2 (IPv6) It's best to restart the system. I'm able to move data across my network at 50MB/Second or more! Whereas before I was at 4MB. Sorry if this is a repost. That's pushing 313GB of data backup for three systems. I hope this helps someone with this issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-get-high-data-transfer-speed-in-a-network.1163305/
Relevancy 84.28%

This is how to do it. Right click Network \ Properties \ Change Adapter Settings. Right click the Local Area Connection \ Properties \ Configure \ Advanced. Highlight Large Send Offload v2 (IPv4). Under Value select Disable. Do the same for Large Send Offload v2 (IPv6) It's best to restart the system. I'm able to move data across my network at 50MB/Second or more! Whereas before I was at 4MB. Sorry if this is a repost. That's pushing 313GB of data backup for three systems. I hope this helps someone with this issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/388621-how-get-high-data-transfer-speed-network.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi all,

I have been trying to think in depth about this question, but haven't quite worked it out.
I have a few severs, but because of electricity costs, it is mostly just one on all the time at the moment, and this has a 10/100mbps card in it. (running at 100mbps)

Most of my network traffic is from the Internet, and a bit comes from my server/client network (though, there's not many users on that.)
Would it help to have a second network card in the main/all servers?

If so, how would they be configured , as-in what their role is)
Any ideas/advise is much appreciated, Thanks.

Relevancy 84.28%

I recently purchased a NAS Drive which works ok. However I have also found out that my Sky Hub only supports <100Mbps.

The problems I have is when copying to the NAS drive I only get write speeds of around 10-12MBps which sounds about right being around 1/8 of the 100Mbps. Also when I stream I get a lot of buffering/cut out with any HD content streaming to my Xbox 360.

I just wanted to know if unplugging everything from the router and into a gigabit Ethernet switch then connecting that to the router will speed everything up? Or would I be better off going all out on a pricey router?

Basically am I right in thinking the switch will bypass the router for anything not using the internet?

Relevancy 83.42%

I have an Intel 865 and and Intel 955 based computers (the motherboards are themselves Intel) that are set up on a gigabit ethernet network. They are using the motherboard-based gigabit ethernet adapters. Are there any settings that I can make to the network adapters to optimize them for speed ? I need to transfer large .ts files between them. I was thinking things like enabling jumbo frames, etc.

Right now I am showing transfer rates of around 18-24 MB per second per my Vice Versa file transfer utility.

Thanks for any thoughts.

A:Network adapter optimized for file transfer speed

Jumbo Frames is pretty much the only thing you can set in the NIC configuration. Mind you, you need to enable it on all adapters connected to the network.

I assume you are copying files over Windows shares? You can apply some Windows tweaks to make SMB go faster, but it is just _slow_. You may have better luck using dedicated transfer protocols with no filesystem overhead like FTP. (Or iSCSI of course *g*)

Also, are you sure it is not your hard drives that are the bottleneck? 20MB/s could easily be the limit for a badly fragmented drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-adapter-optimized-for-file-transfer-speed.44412/
Relevancy 83.42%

Frm: Windows 10, Asus Maximus III MoBo. Realtek Gig Network. Windows or Asus mb drivers, not sure.

Through: Linksys gig switch to netgear gig switch

To: Dell R710 with gig cards running Vsphere 6, to a default VM (1 cpu, 2 gigs ram) running CentOS 7.2

using Cygwin to use scp to transfer large (3 gigs or so each) files to a VM. scp -r * to a CIFS volume on the VM.

starts at 40 mb/s and slowly drops to 5 mb/s.

oddly, if I bring up Steam and play Doom II (old Dosbox game) my transfer kicks up to 80 mb/s. Rocksmith only gets to 65 mb/s and Carmageddon Reincarnation gets to 75 mb/s.

If I exit the game entirely, the speed slows back down to 5 mb/s until I start up a game.

I imagine it's something to do with the games taking over the system but it is puzzling.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/68258-slow-network-speed-during-file-transfer-unless-gaming.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi,

Here's the situation:

Running Windows 2000 Pro, have 2 network card installed. The first network card I have installed is plugged into 2 other computers through a switch and is segmented from the entire network. The reason why I'm installing the second network card is to have Internet and printing purposes. Anyways, I installed the second nic and plugged the network cable into my other switch which is tied into my network. I entered in all my settings IP, Gateway, DNS, but when I try to access the internet can't get on. So to me it looks like it's looking at the default network card which isn't connected to the Internet. So how can I configure it to see the second network card for Internet etc. Any help would greatly appreciated.

A:Adding a second network card question

Suspect you are using the same network address on both network cards?

For example can't have one card 192.168.0.1 and the other 192.168.0.2.

10.0.0.1 on one and 192.168.0.1 on the other would be OK.

2 nics may not be what you need?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-a-second-network-card-question.353992/
Relevancy 79.98%

I to Card Network Desktop? Adding ve now got a Verizon MiFi unit and I would like to have my desktop be able to connect wirelessly to it Currently I have to plug it into the desktop via USB but when doing that it no longer will Adding Network Card to Desktop? broadcast a wireless signal since Adding Network Card to Desktop? using it with a USB is for greater security and Adding Network Card to Desktop? therefore my daughter and son can t use the laptop and iPod Now I m guessing that I ll need a particular network card that would be compatible with my computer My computer is a custom built one not a brand name Below are the computer specs from the TSG system info utility Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce LE Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MSI MS- To be filled by O E M Antivirus AntiVir Desktop Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled Any suggestions Need any other info I have SIW so I can get pretty much any info on the system that anyone needs nbsp

Relevancy 79.12%

Hello Friends,

I have a win xp system which connects to internal network & Internet.
The problem I have is, for each work i need to change the IP address.

Ex: For internal network the ip should be 192.168.0.1
To connect to internet the ip should be 192.168.1.1

Now I want to be connected to both internal network as well as internet at the same time. So what should I do ?

* I can not add another physical network card.
* I can not change the IP's of any other system or config servers etc... (as it is used by our internal application, doing so will make a mess.)
* I have the admin rights so any software changes to my system can be done.

So i was hoping to add a virtual network card, and configure it to the new IP. So can that be done ? if so how ?

Thanks
MiniEinstein

A:Adding virtual network card and assiging IP

Moving thread to the networking forum for better results.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/adding-virtual-network-card-and-assiging-ip-664159.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I am pulling sum 10 Mbps Half Duplex thing to speed up sum torrent downloading does this do anything really??? and is there anyway i can make it go faster cause i got a GREAT internet connection but i dont get a real good connection for torrents... All help appreciated...

A:Speed up network card?

Try here:
http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speed-up-network-card.541037/
Relevancy 77.4%

how to improve my computer rating score of 5.9 while still maintaining a decent overall PC temperature; I understand that, that is the highest windows 7 will allow?

rating is low due to low disc data transfer. How to improve?

A:How to improve 5.9 PC rating. How to improve disc data transfer

A HDD will max the score at 5.9. Only way to improve is to change drive to a SSD. I have the same "problem".

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/242202-how-improve-5-9-pc-rating-how-improve-disc-data-transfer.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I have an Actiontec GT701-wg DSL modem running a wireless network. I currently have two laptops with XP sharing the Internet connection. Since the modem has an open Ethernet port in the back, I was wondering if it might be possible to plug in a networkable external hard drive and have it available to both of the laptops wirelessly.

If it is possible, what setting would be required on the laptops to enable them to see the external drive?

Thanks!

Relevancy 75.25%

Ok I have computers on a home network Windows XP and one Redhat Linux Fedora Core About a month ago one of the windows boxes 1 computer network now has file transfer on network slow a internet suddenly and on suddenly went 1 computer on a network suddenly now has slow file transfer on internet and network from about Kb s download to Kb s download from various newsgroups Also when trying to pull AND push files to that same box it is a very slow file transfer I didn t load any new 1 computer on a network suddenly now has slow file transfer on internet and network software in that time and I waited so long because at the time the newsgroup server that I am using reported problems associated with Hurricane Rita This of course doesn t explain the network speed I ve run speed tests on all the other computers and they all report download speeds of about Kb s and upload speeds of about Kb s except the one and it has download speeds of about Kb s and upload speeds the same about Kb s After I noticed the speed reduction I loaded a firewall Protowall and I downloaded the latest beta of Microsoft Anti-Spyware and ran it Also I have Norton with the latest updates and it reports no problems Please let me know if you need more info or if someone had any general tips to try I am about at the end of my rope and reformatting looks like the only other option to me Thanks Mike in Ohio Edit Forgot to say I went to differnt speed testing web sites and they all report the download speed the same on that one box about Kb s and the others are around Kb s nbsp

A:1 computer on a network suddenly now has slow file transfer on internet and network

Are all the computers wired similarly? All run to the same router/switch?

You should check the cable of the problematic machine, try using ping to the router with 1400 byte packets. Also, boot up some CD Linux or equivalent and see what speeds you get from there - helps to rule out any problems with the operating system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1-computer-on-a-network-suddenly-now-has-slow-file-transfer-on-internet-and-network.35247/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello world MONEY MAKING THROUGH CARDING MONEY MAKING BUSINESS NETWORK BANK TRANSFER WESTERN UNION TRANSFER CARDING DUMPS PAYPAL TRANSFER CREDIT CARDS SALE Freshest approval of Dumps with Good validity Rate and balanced Sell Cvv Credit Cards for Sale Sell Fullz ATM Cards with PIN Fresh Dumps with PIN CC worldwide Atm cards with pin bank account transfer worldwide carding credit cards for sale cvv worlwide dumps with good balance dumps with high balance Dumps with PIN get rich by carding money making in carding money making through carding no scam real business sell atm cards sell cc sell cvv sell cvv dumps sell dumps with pin sell fresh cvv sell fresh dumps tracks sell fresh fullz sell fullz Visa high quality cards lt lt PRICE FOR DUMPS gt gt USA CLASSIC STANDARD USD GOLD PLATINUM USD MONEY TRANSFER, PAYPAL TRANSFER, SALE CREDIT DUMPS, MAKING CARDING, CARDS BANK UNION BUSINESS WESTERN NETWORK, TRANSFER, OTHERS ALL MC VISA USD DISCOVERY USD AMEX USD CANADA- CLASSIC STANDARD USD GOLD PLATINUM CORP BUSS USD CANADA- CLASSIC STANDARD USD GOLD PLATINUM CORP BUSS USD EU- CLASSIC MONEY MAKING BUSINESS NETWORK, BANK TRANSFER, WESTERN UNION TRANSFER, CARDING, DUMPS, PAYPAL TRANSFER, CREDIT CARDS SALE STANDARD USD GOLD PLATINUM CORP BUSS USD INFINITE USD EU- CLASSIC STANDARD USD GOLD PLATINUM CORP BUSS USD INFINITE USD EU AMEX USD EU DISCOVERY USD lt lt PRICE FOR CVV gt gt US PER US WITH BIN PER US FULLZ PER US VBV PER UK RANDOM PER UK WITH DOB PER UK WITH BIN PER UK BINDOB PER UK FULLZ PER UK VBV PRICE AU PER EU VISA MASTER PER CA RANDOM PER CA BIN PER CA FULLS PER FRANCE PER FRANCE WITH DOB PER GERMANY PER GERMANY WITH DOB PER ITALY PER ITALY WITH DOB PER JAPAN PER JAPAN WITH DOB PER BELGIUM PER DENMARK PER SPAIN PER Terms amp Conditions - We Sell Only First Hand High Valid Dumps And Always Fresh We Update Every - Days With - k Of Dumps So You MONEY MAKING BUSINESS NETWORK, BANK TRANSFER, WESTERN UNION TRANSFER, CARDING, DUMPS, PAYPAL TRANSFER, CREDIT CARDS SALE Can Buy With Confidence That The Dumps We Sell To You Are Only Yours And Don t Come From Another Hand We Don t Give Any Test Dump Or Free Dump We Guarantee That Our Dumps Work In We Are Seller Not Reseller So Instant Delivery We Provide Bin List For Choosing Bins Also Sell Mix amp Bulk Packages And Bonus On Big Orders We Only Replace Cards That Say Hold Stolen Decline Pick Up Invalid Region Block Never Will Be Replaced So Please Choose MONEY MAKING BUSINESS NETWORK, BANK TRANSFER, WESTERN UNION TRANSFER, CARDING, DUMPS, PAYPAL TRANSFER, CREDIT CARDS SALE Your Bin Carefully Replacement In Eu Or Ca Perfect Money Pm Bitcoins Btc Web Money Wmz Western Union Wu And Money Gram Mg Wu-Mg Minimum Order Drop Fee We Also Provide Have Cards With High Balance Of Spanish German Russian Contact Us To Buy Fresh Stuff Real Legit Business My Icq My Yahoo Bestdumpseller Please Contact Us Soon For Legit Business I HOPE WE WILL DO WELL BEWARE OF RIPPERS Thanks YOU

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/309a6e00-b938-488d-8d69-078872fe44c0/money-making-business-network-bank-transfer-western-union-transfer-carding-dumps-paypal?forum=TechnetSandboxForum
Relevancy 74.82%

I have a network problem and it may be a bit hard to explain my situation fully but I ll try to cover the pertinent information Basically when I do anything network intensive like a file transfer the file transfer will work but it will kill all other network activities I can t browse the web or IM during this time as Firefox will say that it s timed out and IM will drop off and disconnect The network setup I m using is hard to explain fully but the basic core of it is a router with an access point linked via WDS The router provides wifi through the house and also connects to the AP with WDS full g signal The AP basically just gives me hardwired Ethernet ports for my equipment which is in a location where it would be very difficult to hardwire Both the router and AP are running the latest quot tomato quot aftermarket firmware FWIW Almost all of my transfers involve going from wired to wireless I tested my transfer network stops other network Wireless activity? file all transfer speed during several file transfers and got just a tad over MB s mbit s which seems ok to me since it s going from wired Wireless network file transfer stops all other network activity? to wireless g If I do a transfer over Wireless network file transfer stops all other network activity? ethernet to ethernet no wireless it does not seem to cause the problem Basically it seems like the router is not dividing up wireless bandwidth as it should It seems to be only allowing the one transfer to use the wireless at any given time Is there a setting that might help me I was thinking maybe a QOS setting might help but I m not really sure what I m doing in that respect This is what my QOS menus look like if that helps Any help is appreciated I m no network whiz so take it easy on me Thanks nbsp

A:Wireless network file transfer stops all other network activity?

Have you tried another router or changed the routers location?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-file-transfer-stops-all-other-network-activity.111523/
Relevancy 74.39%

HI,

I have installed server 2003 on a small network and created a domain that is the same as the public domain name (ie the companies website).

This is now causing a problem because when i type in the public address (for example www.company.com) it is trying to resolve it locally - because the local domain name is also company.com.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get round this problem?

Many thanks in advance

Dave

A:problem with the local network having the same domain name as the public network

add 'local.' to the internal domain or change it altogether.

Your public domain should not have any connection into your private infrastructure,
but you may have references from private->public; not very common.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-the-local-network-having-the-same-domain-name-as-the-public-network.69968/
Relevancy 74.39%

Don't know where to start I'm thinking I either need a new computer DW1525 speed in slow network card Dell 8100XPS or at least a new card I have a model XPS Dell with the DW network card and antennas DW1525 network card in Dell 8100XPS slow speed I have been experiencing slow internet speeds lately and thought the cause might have been the internet provider Mediacom I have a Netgear R nighthawk router and I have upgraded DW1525 network card in Dell 8100XPS slow speed my internet through my provider to Mbs download speed Both my boys Apple laptops when a speedtest net is run are achieving almost Mbs download speeds which is acceptable since the wired connection is only about Mbs BUT my Dell is only in the mid 'sMbs download and sometimes hits Mbs download speeds I think I saw it once hit close to but I might be mistaken What do I need to do to achieve a higher download speed The upload speed is right in line where it should be based on the internet plan I am on It is just the download speed I am having trouble with Any thoughts Need a new card New computer LOL I have the newest driver loaded and I am not experiencing low signal just DW1525 network card in Dell 8100XPS slow speed slow speeds Thx Kevin

A:DW1525 network card in Dell 8100XPS slow speed

Hi Kevin ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... I take it you only have problem with the Wireless Connection ? ...

Which Adapter does your Computer use ? ...

Is it the Broadcom BCM57780 LOM Atheros Wireless 1525 WLAN Mini Card or the Dell Wireless 365 ? ...
You have stated your Drivers are up to date ... Is that from the Dell Website ? ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/377303-dw1525-network-card-dell-8100xps-slow-speed.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I'm not too terrible familiar with all the ins and outs of networking but I have some quot basic quot questions as I am looking into improving my network speed I'll begin with what I have on the network PCs PS Xbox all wired and a Wii wireless I have a WRT GS router currently I'm considering getting the D-Link DGL- as an upgrade My question is would this be a significant upgrade One of my PCs has a gigabit ethernet card and one does not Will this router supply the fastest speed to each device or would it provide the speed that the weakest device was capable of to all devices on the network Secondly my internet provider offers packages Mbps X Kbps Mbps X Kbps Mbps X Mbps I currently have the st package X so how dramatic would the change from the st to rd package be I'm primarily Trying my improve to network looking to A Get constant good speeds when gaming B Get significant increased speeds when streaming video etc Again I'm quite new to the networking side of Trying to improve my network things so I don't know if these questions even make complete sense but I thought I'd ask before I try the spend and trial error approach so any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Trying to improve my network

According to this Windows 7 Compatibility D-Link D-Link DGL-4500 Xtreme N Gaming Wireless Router the D-Link is compatible with both 32bit and 64bit Win7 versions with no additional action required (out of box). However that is a draft N router and to get the full benefit of its' performance, your devices would have to be N type devices, but it is backward compatible with a b and g wireless so that's not a real problem.
According to this Windows 7 Compatibility Linksys Linksys BroadBand w/SpeedBooster 72Mbps 802.11g 4Port Wireless Router the Linksys is compatible with 32 bit Win7 after a firmware upgrade and there is no information regarding Win7 64bit. I have personally used this particular router with Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and while it worked, I was not at all pleased with the actual wireless performance even when my wireless device was very close to the router. (Your mileage may vary)
As for the ISP upgrade in service, I'm all for the latest and greatest, biggest and badest...but it's usually about your personal budget. Streaming video would be all about download and I would think that 7megs would be more than sufficient, would 11 megs be better, well if you're having problems with buffering now, then I would think yes, but I would wonder more about the source of the video and how busy their servers are. Gaming is bi-directional up and down and while the upgrade would double your upload performance don't expect it to work miracles, there are a ton of people out there with cable, fios and uverse that have some incredible up and down speeds. So to summarize I guess I would say, if you can afford it, go for it. Just don't end up doubling your monthly fees for what is not actually going to amount to doubling your internet performance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/49212-trying-improve-my-network.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Debating on going wireless or not Have an Asus M A TD EVO that has RTL E PCIe Gigabit LAN controller featuring AI NET So Gigabit Im thinking at least I am wire into my router which puts out high speed and low ping to wireless Standard Ethernet cables supply the data pipeline not sure what the transfer speed is on them If anyone can let me know cable ethernet card wifi speed questions question with and Network that would be great I have been eyeballing the super speed ethernet cables but not sure if it would solve the ping issues I have with desktop being too high and the cost for a ' line Tried finding a wireless card that handles N network and Network speed and ethernet cable questions with wifi card question Ghz for my dual band What is the standard ethernet cable speed Can the standard ethernet cable from router to computer be causing high ping have second computer with ' cable same issue Would it be better to go wireless and forego the wired ethernet cable What wireless card would you recommend

A:Network speed and ethernet cable questions with wifi card question

UGH

1- what kind of cable? cat 5, cat5 E, cat 6?

2-Yes if cheap, old, or not shielded.

3-Not if you are transfering large amounts of data on your internal LAN

4-An 802.11 "N" card

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/218711-network-speed-ethernet-cable-questions-wifi-card-question.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Sorry if this has already been discussed. Couldn't find on a search.

I have a small secured network in my office with a modem/router networking three computers wirelessly. I would like to add another router that would allow clients in the waiting room of my office to have internet access. Could you assist me in a setup or map? I already have a wireless Linksys router available to use as the second router.

Thank You

A:Adding Wifi Network to an Already Secured Network

Are those in the waiting room to be allowed into OR forbidden access to your Lan systems?

You already have

Code:
modem---router----your.lan.systems
to Isolate the W.R from your lan, connect

Code:

modem---router----your.lan.systems (assumed 192.168.1.x or 0.x)
|
+---new router (new channel+ssid+no encryption)
set LAN addresses and DHCP for 192.168.10.x

add firewall rule to ALL your existing LAN systems to deny src address range=192.168.10.0 thru 10.255

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-wifi-network-to-an-already-secured-network.118448/
Relevancy 72.67%

Having continuous problems with freezing and slow data transfer and am wondering if it malware or something DDS logDDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by User at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files BORGChat BORGChat exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterC PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Documents and Settings User My Documents Downloads HijackThis _ network PC1 network on slow transfer speeds exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC slow network transfer speeds _ PC1 on network WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXEC Documents and Settings User My Documents Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uURLSearchHooks H - No FilemURLSearchHooks H - No FileBHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No FileBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllTB CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - No FileTB A A -BACC- D - - A E E - No FileTB EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - No FileuRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exemRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun AVG TRAY c progra avg avg avgtray exemRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun nwiz c program files nvidia corporation nview nwiz exe installmRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartupmRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitmRun MSConfig c windows pchealth helpctr binaries MSConfig exe autoStartupFolder c docume user startm programs startup borgchat lnk - c program files borgchat BORGChat exeIE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeIE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exeDPF BCC -B - - C - D A B C - hxxp office microsoft com templates ieawsdc cabDPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - - hxxp fpdownload macromedia com get shockwave cabs flash swflash cabTCP D CFE -B A- E-B C- CE E Handler linkscanner - F C- F - D -A D -FBDDE F D - c program files avg avg avgpp dllNotify avgrsstarter - avgrsstx dllSSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - c windows system WPDShServiceObj dll FIREFOX FF - ProfilePath - c docume user applic mozilla firefox profiles dtam ag default FF - prefs js browser search selectedEngine - Yahoo SearchFF - prefs js browser startup homepage - hxxp www google com au ig hl en amp source iglkFF - prefs js network proxy type - FF - component c program files avg avg firefox components avgssff dllFF - plugin c documents and settings user local settings application data google update npGoogleOneClick dllFF - plugin c program files google update npGoogleOneClick dllFF - plugin c program files google update npGoogleOneClick dllFF - plugin c program files k-lite codec pack real browser plugins nppl dllFF - plugin c program files k-lite codec pack real browser plugins nprpjplug dllFF - HiddenExtension Java Console No Registry Reference - c pr... Read more

A:slow network transfer speeds _ PC1 on network

Hello jolly_tas,Sorry about the delay. If you still need help, please post a new HijackThis log to make sure nothing has changed, and I'll be happy to look at it for you.Thanks,tea

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/255034/slow-network-transfer-speeds-pc1-on-network/
Relevancy 72.67%

i recently ran a tool :

ICSI Netalyzr &mdash; Results

this is the result, but i am not very good in computer, so i want to know what i can do to improve my wireless network.

I have high latency when playing online games, and it happens usually at night
6~10 PM
and sometimes the internet drops (but i think it is because of my telephone interference)

A:How do i improve my wireless network?

In general wireless is not going to be a very good option for gaming, especially if there are walls between you and the access point or router. You would be far better off using a wired connection if possible.

The results from your Net analyzer show that you could be using a better DNS server. Google's DNS works well for me 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

It is possible to obtain a good reliable connection using wireless but everything needs to be optimized, no walls between you and wireless connection, choosing the best possible channel, updating equipment to the newer wireless N standard, updating hardware to the 5.0Ghz frequency in case the area has too many 2.4Ghz channels, 2.4Ghz is best in most cases but 5.0Ghz has the potential for much better band width although it's not very good at going through walls.

The links below explain in detail how to do this. The third link is a program that will show you which channels are in use in your area so you can choose the best possible wireless channel to use.

5 Ways To Fix Slow 802.11n Speed - SmallNetBuilder

What channel should I choose for my wireless network? Wireless Networking Forum FAQ | DSLReports.com, ISP Information

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/223990-how-do-i-improve-my-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Using wireless routers has become the norm. With all of today?s devices connected people often complain about a poor signal or bad performance. There are many things you can do to improve the performance of your router. We will start with the free, easy tips that anyone can do and work our way into more advanced solutions that cost money.

Read the entire article at http://majorgeeks.com/page.php?id=37

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/tips-to-improve-your-wireless-network-performance.256721/
Relevancy 67.94%

This just happened out of nowhere yesterday morning My local "Network a - internet? to the network to not Connected 7" but Solved: roommate was using her laptop with no issues until suddenly the connection cut out She tried reconnecting but had no luck so she waited still no signal She was able to see our network name but it would not allow her to connect to it Same thing when I tried my laptop I could see it scanning wi-fi and showed available connections including our own but it wouldn t let me connect The desktop in our home office has internet The modem is showing all the proper lights flashing indicating there is ethernet DSL and internet When we open our laptops and get a signal even for a brief moment it kills the connection on the desktop and all lights on the modem go off except the power light which starts flashing slowly Totally loses connection As soon as we close the laptop the connection comes back on the desktop I noticed that the icon in the Solved: Connected to "Network 7" a local network - but not to the internet? tray that indicates connectivity the two computer monitors flashing blue back and forth looks different than normal There is no little globe in Solved: Connected to "Network 7" a local network - but not to the internet? front of them there are just two monitors and there is usually a globe showing internet access So I clicked it and it says we re connected to quot Network quot Access local So I took a screen shot of this What is going on can someone help me out I have no idea what to do but we need internet on the Solved: Connected to "Network 7" a local network - but not to the internet? laptops If you need any more information from me feel free to ask Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Connected to "Network 7" a local network - but not to the internet?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connected-to-network-7-a-local-network-but-not-to-the-internet.1073683/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi everyone This past weekend I went out of town and took my Windows laptop with me -- since I returned home it has been unable to connect to my wireless network Other connect card network can't wireless to AR9285 Atheros laptop network with Windows 7 devices in my home connect to the network just fine and the problem laptop Windows 7 laptop with Atheros AR9285 network card can't connect to wireless network has always been fine Windows 7 laptop with Atheros AR9285 network card can't connect to wireless network until now My network card is an Atheros AR and I m attempting to connect to a Medialink router with WPA password protection and AES encryption My wireless network icon in the task bar has a yellow sign with an exclamation point in it It says quot No Internet access quot I have tried -rebooting the computer -unplugging and restarting the modem and router -going to the command prompt and renewing my IP address with the command IPCONFIG RENEW None of this works Like I said all other devices in my house connect to the wireless network with no problem It s just this one laptop Any guidance would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Windows 7 laptop with Atheros AR9285 network card can't connect to wireless network

Three things to try ...

If you have McAfee please see the sticky thread at the top of this (Networking) forum.

Disable encryption on the router and try to connect. If successful you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect.

Revert to a System Restore Point before the weekend.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-laptop-with-atheros-ar9285-network-card-cant-connect-to-wireless-network.1065995/
Relevancy 67.94%

My rig uses a Centrino Advanced-N 6230 wireless mini half-card. It reports the correct name except within the wireless network list. Instead of 6230 it reports 6320. I searched the registry to see if I could find the error, but nothing found. It's only a nuisance, and a minor one at that. Anyone else seen this? Any way I can correct it? See image below:

A:Network card name reporting incorrectly in wireless network list area

Can only suggest you may not be using the latest wireless driver, but if you are, it must be a typo in the signature file written into the card's firmware which can only be changed by the manufacturer and may be noticed by them in the next release.

If its working, I wouldn't loose any sleep over it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/211612-network-card-name-reporting-incorrectly-wireless-network-list-area.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi folks This forum has been extremely helpful for me in the past so I'm testing your awesomeness unrelated card Inconsistent networking or problems, network to network once again I've had an Inconsistent networking problems, unrelated to network or network card unusual networking problem for about a year and a half When browsing the web certain requests will just never complete on any browser Downloads are often interrupted anything larger than MB is nearly impossible Even large transfers between this machine and others on my local network will fail SCP connections will sometimes abort in the middle of a transfer It's quite inconsistent I don't have this problem for any particular resource Inconsistent networking problems, unrelated to network or network card and the failure point is different every time If a particular page isn't rendering I can often go to my yahoo com which for some reason always seems to work and hit the back arrow and then the request will often complete normally Google is a little unique when I encounter this problem on Google I have to wait for the original requests to be aborted after about seconds before any further requests to Google will succeed I can't say exactly when it started but it was reasonably close to the time I updated a driver for my network adapter as instructed At the time I was on a wired network using a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller adapter connecting through the wired port of an old Netgear router sorry I don't have the model number to cable broadband with NuVisions Since then I have changed just about everything except my motherboard I've disabled my old network adapter though it's still connected I'm on a wireless network using a Netgear WNDA N Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter connecting through a Linksys E to Verizon FIOS Unfortunately nothing about my problem has changed I fear a motherboard issue but I don't know how to find out Can you please help

A:Inconsistent networking problems, unrelated to network or network card

Sorry, I didn't complete the checklist!

I have no anti-virus, security or firewall software. I've run numerous scans since the problem began, and they've always been clean.

Attached is the output from ipconfig /all.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/332865-inconsistent-networking-problems-unrelated-network-network-card.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I'm not sure if I'm trying to do the impossible but I'll explain the situation I have this roommate that is excessively consuming the majority of the networks bandwidth I've blocked all service ports except for and a few other ones used for every day card? limit a network with network speeds traffic to How task The problem is that he is still consuming a ton of How to limit network traffic speeds with a network card? bandwidth I'm guessing by streaming or downloading through HTTP I have two WGR v router and a Realtek PCIe LAN card controller at my disposal I attempted to set QoS settings on what we will call Base Router That did not seem to do the trick because router QoS only blocks ports and slows upload speed Since that did not work I hid the SSID MAC filtered connections to the Base Router and then connected my computer to the Base Router and rebroadcasted the signal using a Secondary Router using a shared connection which I gave him access to The point of this was an attempt How to limit network traffic speeds with a network card? to control bandwidth through the Realtek LAN card I am not having any luck with this though I've set the adapter to Mbps at half duplex already Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can look into for limiting bandwidth I want him to have Internet but not abuse it like he's doing because that is not what we agreed upon

A:How to limit network traffic speeds with a network card?

If you want to solve the issue using your existing equipment, you can try dd-wrt on one WGR614v10. See this thread (DD-WRT Forum :: View topic - WGR614v10 Support - Jump to post 9) which claims that there is a dd-wrt flash for WNR1000v3 which works on WGR614v10. Then look a thread like this (DD-WRT Forum :: View topic - Steps for Permanently limit Bandwidth of a PC using DD-WRT ?) to setup the limits. You can start a new thread in those forums if you want someone to walk you thru the steps.

Or you can just buy a router/access point that has a bandwidth limiting feature for each SSID that it broadcasts.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/314446-how-limit-network-traffic-speeds-network-card.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I recently reformatted my computer and reinstalled Vista to it. I installed all the necessary drivers etc. and rebooted. But it still says "You are not connected to any networks" when the light on my router says that i am connected to the home network. It keeps saying to insert a network cable.
In the devices manager, the network card driver seems to be functioning normally.

Is there a fix for this?

The network card is a Realtek RTL 8111C on-board chip.

Also, ive read somewhere else that USB & 1394 drivers having conflicting effects with lan drivers. I installed an "Intel INF Configuration patch" which contained a crapload of USB Drivers which supposedly "configured properly" the intel motherboard chipsets, but im not so sure about that.

A:Solved: No Network Available - LAN card working but cannot connect to network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-network-available-lan-card-working-but-cannot-connect-to-network.753919/
Relevancy 67.08%

Our internet service provider updated our internet speed from 100mbps to 1000mbps for no extra cost. We had a Netgear n150 wireless router but it wouldn't support the 1000mbps speed. We were told we needed to upgrade to a r6300 netgear router which is capable of 1000mbps. Now were are told we need to install an ethernet PCI network card or a network adapter. I am told we have to have a 2.0 port for the network adapter to work. It would be cheaper for us to install the internal Ethernet PCI Card, my problem is I don't know which one to buy. I know we need one that is rated 1000mbps, are these universal or will we have to buy one that fits each brand of computer?

Relevancy 67.08%

Sister has Lenova 3000 c200 series laptop, approx 5 years old which has onboard network card which according to specs (as I haven't looked inside), has
IEEE 802.11b and IEEE 802.11g,her linksys router is about same age too and am sure they both need updating, especially as she is moving to area where broadband speed check shows it will be even slower than where she lives now...

Question is :-

Can I upgrade to IEEE 802.11n, and if so, do I have to change the old internal card, or can I buy and insert an external network card adaptor, and then change BIOS settings to disable internal one and enable new one.Just want easiest solution please.
Will also upgrade her router.
Any help much appreciated

Relevancy 67.08%

I'm trying desperately to set up my network on Windows but have hit a bump in that it just cannot find my network I checked Device Manager Network Setup Card) Network (Belkin Cannot N1 Wireless to see if the card was found - it was with a troubleshoot exclamation point on it I removed the card used the installation disc and am not able to get very far After the install after which nothing happens I click on Cannot Setup Wireless Network (Belkin N1 Network Card) the Belkin Wireless Networking Utility icon on the desktop and it says quot missing shortcut searching for Belkinwcui exe quot after Cannot Setup Wireless Network (Belkin N1 Network Card) which I get a window saying quot The item Belkinwcui exe that this shortcut refers to has been changed of moved so this Cannot Setup Wireless Network (Belkin N1 Network Card) shortcut will no longer work properly quot That exe file isn't anywhere in my computer searching through Explorer In fact in the Belkin install folder Program Files x - gt Belkin - gt FSD v there just looks like maybe a driver AegisE dll and an application AegisI that doesn't run My next choice I guess is to take my PC upstairs and line it into my modem base station directly but I'd rather not move it Am I missing something Why won't this work How come I can't install my Wireless Card Please help if you can Thanks

A:Cannot Setup Wireless Network (Belkin N1 Network Card)

I'm experiencing an almost identical issue. I had the same problems with the installation disc. After multiple install / unistall / restarts I was able to get the client installed. However, when I click to open the .exe nothing happens.

On top of that, the system is not recognizing the card. I tried all 4 PCI slots with no success.

I installed this same card (same model, different physical card) on a pc running xp sp3 very easily. Since that was so easy I bought another card for my windows 7 machine.

However, I was lazy and didn't do any research. Before I came upon this forumn I found a couple of google links saying this card was incompatible with vista (therefore incompatible with w7?).

Any else out there get this card working?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/30807-cannot-setup-wireless-network-belkin-n1-network-card.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi guys, I have an Atheros AR9285 WiFi card in my laptop, and the other day, it just became very unstable with the connection and it is giving me very low transfer speeds.

I've come to think that a Windows Update replaced the driver in it, how could I fix it, or fix the problem?

Thanks alot guys!

A:Atheros WiFi card - Bad connection/transfer speed

You can search the model number online and add "drivers" with or with out the quotations; and there should be a download link in the first 20 results just make sure its a reputable website you're downloading from.

When you run the installer you'll often have an uninstall option if they're already installed. Un install and reinstall and see if that fixes the issue.

Other things to look for are you torrenting? is your cpu always at 100% (would indicate some kind of malware)? you should check your start up programs to make sure that there isn't anything starting up and running in the back ground.

Also where are you in relation to the router/modem? You'd be surprised how much of a difference a few walls make.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/195183-atheros-wifi-card-bad-connection-transfer-speed.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello I'm currently in the process of testing deploying IE in setup XML - file File Local Enterprise Local List Network, IE11 Manager or HTTP, Site our environment and I've begun testing on the IE Enterprise Site List manager I've read that there are a few different ways to configure the XML file to apply via GPO IE11 Enterprise Site List Manager XML file setup - HTTP, Local Network, or Local File per the article below nbsp HTTP Local Network Local File https technet microsoft com en-us library Dn aspx In my isolated testing I've chosen to use the local file method which is very easy to setup and use on a testing machine It looks like we have the flexibility to choose how we apply the XML file and I was curious what the best options are and why nbsp Also are there examples of each setup being used and the benefits downsides to each Here's the options that I can see using HTTP - setup an IIS website to host the XML file Local Network UNC - setup a UNC path on our DFS where we store the current XML file and users would have read only access to that location Local File - We could just deploy the XML file via SCCM package application when updates to the list are required Could anyone please point me towards some articles etc explaining the pro's and cons of these methods and why I might want to choose one over the other nbsp I'm leaning towards just using a DFS share and option because it doesn't require us to maintain an IIS site for it but I am curious to hear if there might be any downsides to this method or benefits to going with another method Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ffeba7b5-ee91-4622-a535-a16b90c4a41f/ie11-enterprise-site-list-manager-xml-file-setup-http-local-network-or-local-file?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi,

I'm having a problem with a network card and its driving me mad! I've installed the card (Dynamode NC-100TX-R) and Windows detects it. The drivers they supplied on the floppy were Realtek RTL8139 Drivers which were for Win 95/Win 98 and I have XP so I went on the Realtek site and downloaded the latest drivers for the RTL8139. When I installed the drivers everything seemed fine until I plugged in the cable. All it says is "Network Cable Unplugged" even when the lights at the back of the card are flashing indicating a connection. Everything on the other end of the cable is fine and I've checked all the settings and they seem right. Can anyone help?

Relevancy 65.79%

Hi everyone

I have recently installed windows 7 (64) and wanted to put more RAM in. I started off with 2Gb and added 1 Gb of ram to make 3Gb (No problems Here). I then added another 2Gb of ram bringing it up to 5 Gb (Now the fun begins!)

Windows 7 runs fine and I can play games with the 5Gb...but... I can't seen to get on the internet! It comes up saying unidentified network! I take out the 2Gb and everything is ok again and i can get back online and everything.

I was told to make sure all my drivers are updated which I did and they are all up to date.

Please help, does anyone have any answers??

A:Ram affects Network card?? Unidentified network?? Win 7

What if you use this driver: Marvell: Download Drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/40849-ram-affects-network-card-unidentified-network-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I'm looking to buying a wireless router. My desktop however will be directly pluged into the router. So will my download speed etc... be faster on the draft N rather then then the G? or will they both be the same exact speed?

A:Wired speed on wireless network G and N...any speed difference?

depends on what models your looking at. If they are both 10/100 then you should get the same wired performance from both animals.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-speed-on-wireless-network-g-and-n-any-speed-difference.723209/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hey guys,
currently I have on this computer
2X1024MB PC2-6400 OCZ ram running at 800mhz dual channel.

I have 2 sticks of some old 256MB 400MHZ lying around,
am I better off just not putting them in the computer?

Help appreciated
Thanks!

A:Will adding this ram improve my system?

I'd say your right about not putting them in. 2 gigs is plenty enough for most people, and that slower ram will just force your newer (and faster) ram to run at a slower clock speed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-adding-this-ram-improve-my-system.82010/
Relevancy 64.93%

PCs are Win Ultimate All are joined to the Domain Domain Controller DNS DHCP Server on same instance is Server standard The network topology is like this Router as Internet Gateway gt Switch identifying Cards will only or intermittently, Inside the Domain-Joined no Network when network Connections will Network longer, Network join Domain PC from gt Wired to Server and PC's SIP phones and Wireless Access Point Domain-Joined PC Network Cards will no longer, or will only intermittently, join the Domain Network when identifying Network Connections from Inside network all on same subnet DNS and DHCP have been offloaded Domain-Joined PC Network Cards will no longer, or will only intermittently, join the Domain Network when identifying Network Connections from Inside network to Server Roles and switched off on the router All of the PCs have network cards that have joined the domain network at least some of the time since I set them up Some of them have always picked up the domain network and continue to this day Some of them intermittently pick up the domain network and other times join whatever other unmanaged network is available Some of them have stopped picking up the domain network altogether and will no matter how many times their NICs are restarted always join a non-domain unmanaged network When the NICs are not joining the domain they are unable to ping hostnames of any devices on the network but nslookup of the hostnames usually works The DC DNS DHCP server's IP can be pinged without issue ipv or ipv I am recording DNS Client Errors ID on all of the PCs during the intervals when their NICs are identifying which network to join -On the PCs that are catching the domain network I am only getting a single error about the root domain eg the domain is ad domain com and I am only getting errors about how the configured DNS servers cannot resolve domain com nothing with fully qualified domain names eg server ad domain com -On the PCs that are not catching the domain network I get a few different instances of the same error substituted quot domain quot for my root domain name Name resolution for the name WPAD ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name lt DC-DNS-DHCPSERVERNAME gt ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name LDAP TCP DC MSDCS ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name ISATAP ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Based on what I've read about NLA service choosing the domain to log into I believe this rd error is the big one although I guess the big error is that my configured DNS servers are not responding except to NSLookups From what I understand the Network Location Awareness Service Provider will roughly do the following look into the registry to see if there is an entry for a domain network to join and if there is it will attempt to contact the domain controller of the same domain name If it is successful with both parts it will join the domain network named quot ad domain com quot If not it will fall back to one of the other options ie home private public quot whatever its called network quot I have tried many of the fixes presented for similar issues but I haven't found anything that's worked A few things I have tried while cycling my NICs on and off to test -turned off the firewall nbsp -poked holes in the firewall for TCP UDP port -poked holes in the firewall for TCP UDP port -ipconfig flushdns ipconfig registerdns -netsh int ip reset -netsh reset Winsock catalog and restarted -route f and restarted -turned off DHCP Client Service -restarted DHCP client Service -turned off IPV on NICs -hard-coded DNS servers IPV and -hard-coded static IPs and DNS Servers only IPV -sfc scannow to scan for integrity violations All of these and also some combinations of these and more that I can't remember One more p... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/303bcde4-6a0b-4bc4-baff-929f0b6b4261/domainjoined-pc-network-cards-will-no-longer-or-will-only-intermittently-join-the-domain-network?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 63.64%

I ve got a problem with one of the computers in our workgroup Looking at My Network Places in Windows XP it used to be named say but... "Local Network should Places My Network" quot Local Network quot and the Network Location for each of the computers in our workgroup should also be detailed as My Network Places should say "Local Network" but... quot Local Network quot I m not sure how it happened but now My Network Places has the name of quot Internet quot and the Network Location of all of the computers in our workgroup on that computer are detailed also as quot Internet quot All of the other computers on the network are fine and in fact the files on the computers in our workgroup may still be viewed and accessed via My Network Places on the computer in question However trying to for instance open a database on our server through My Network Places now yields a security error due to Windows XP believing that our network is an Internet network Files may still be opened by copying them to the local harddrive but I would like to change the settings in My Network Places back to the quot Local Network quot setting that it should register our network as Any hints suggestions would be very helpful Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-network-places-should-say-local-network-but.521874/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a home PC network set up with a few desktops and laptops, some wired, some wireless, all running XP professional. I recently bought a Mac G3 desktop and upgraded the operating system to OSX 10.2 I want to become familiar with mac's and their software in addition to windows. I am attempting to add the mac to my pc network and could use some help. I found the network settings on the mac but so far don't seem to be able to add that system to my existing network. I am pretty sure that it can be added but if anyone could save me some time I would appreciate it. Thanks, Vince

A:Adding a Mac to a PC network

Well, you can start by telling us if it's wired or wireless. The Mac out of the box should connect to a router with a wired connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-a-mac-to-a-pc-network.731281/
Relevancy 63.64%

I set up a small network here at my house. I have my computer and a laptop both sharing files and my computer sharing the printer. Both use Win XP. now i have an older computer in another room that is running Windows ME. How do i set that one up to be on the same network? I don't know ME all that well. Do i need to create a network disc? I know it asked me if i wanted to create one when I created this network but i didn't do it. Is there a way to go back and create one now? Thanks in advance.

A:Help adding a PC to a network.....

Yes, you can go back and run the Network Setup Wizard again.

But, easier if you have the XP system disk--just stick the Windows XP system disk in your ME's CD drive. When it comes up you choose (I'm not sure of the exact words) "do other tasks." One of the other tasks will be the Network Setup Wizard.

[Just make sure you don't go down some path that formats the disk or installs Windows!]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-adding-a-pc-to-a-network.451095/
Relevancy 63.21%

I decided to get a SAMSUNG HD103SJ as it has twice the benchmark score compared to my current drive.

I will copy my current drive onto this to get the most benefit. I imagine I would get most benefit from re-installing win 7 from scratch again but I don't think I want the hassle.

This will leave two drives that according to benchmark are half as good and I am left wondering how I can use these to their best.

I play games, have lots of music, and ofc have AV. I heard that installing different items on your drives can speed up your performance. I have tried googling but I cannot find guides for this. Please suggest what would work best on my system.

Thank you in advance.

A:New HDD, transfer windows, improve performance

I would set the smaller drive to be your OS drive and the larger drive to be your application drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/135436-new-hdd-transfer-windows-improve-performance.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi, my Sony Vaio laptop has a single physical network card (Realtek), as shown in Device Manager. The laptop itself also has a single network port. The port replicator (an accesory that is meant to convert the laptop into a desktop) has 2 network ports. Does this make any sense? I mean, can I use the single physical network card to connect the laptop to two different network devices?

A:2 network ports+1 network card?

What is the model number of the port replicator?

Do you have a link to an image which shows these two ports?

Or better yet, do you have a link to a manual port replicator :-)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/322733-2-network-ports-1-network-card.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I have a small office with 5 computers. All are Windows 7 and networked via a domain and a central server. Internet is T1 - we have a modem, router, and switch in that order. One of my computers just stopped recognizing the network and has no internet. I have checked all the cables and know that the internet is running to the computer because I have a VOIP phone on the same line that works fine.

The computer can recognize the Network card and says that it is functioning properly. All other computers are functioning properly and are all able to see the network and have internet.

Any thoughts?

A:Network card not recognizing network

lets see an ipconfig /all and ping tests
------------------------------------------------------------------------
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{Ping Tests}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-card-not-recognizing-network.978466/
Relevancy 63.21%

Just installed a new network card on hubbies computer It gets him on the internet OK but now I can t find him on our home network before adding the new card the reverse was the case We replaced the card because it kept dropping the driver so we figured it must be new on can't network Computer w/ be seen network card on its way out Problem we have is that HP has their card built into the motherboard in a little silver box that also contains the USB plugs sounds like the kind Computer w/ new network card can't be seen on network of crap Packard Bell used to pull making it impossible to do some upgrades We installed the card and at first it wouldn t connect at all the original Realtek kept connecting when the computer booted We then added the little WOL cable guess it s some sort of jumper cable Belkin includes - not always needed the instructions say Well after adding the cable the Realtek still boots on starting the machine but now he can get Computer w/ new network card can't be seen on network onto the internet with Computer w/ new network card can't be seen on network no trouble Tried disabling the Realtek but then nothing works Anyway around this so we can access his machine on our network There are a couple of programs that came with that machine I would like to have access to nbsp

A:Computer w/ new network card can't be seen on network

Since it sees the network I would start off not worrying about anything else on the card as its obvious it is working.

First off I would do 2 things-

1) Go into the bios and disable the onboard ethernet controller. If its bad then really its just trying to use an onboard resource that by disabling it you can free up.
2) If the WOL part has a place to hook it to on the MB leave it in place but remember that 99.9% percent of the home users will NEVER use this functionality and that little cable won't ever come into play as being a problem component usually. This WOL (or Wake On LAN) is a way to remotely turn on the PC over a LAN and is usually for network administrators at large companies.

When you say you can't find his PC I am assuming you mean in network neighborhood right? If this is the case have you tried pinging from one PC to the other? Have you tried pinging by both machine name and IP? What are the results from doing that?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-w-new-network-card-cant-be-seen-on-network.473157/
Relevancy 62.78%

I cannot join the second party on command and concor 3 when playing on network. I receive a message states "request time out"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-network.782138/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have two computers that I would like to have FTP between.

One with Windows Vista 64bit
Another with Ubuntu 9.10

What kinds of steps do I need to go through to get files from my Vistas HDD to the Ubuntu's HDD.

A:FTP over local network

Quote: Originally Posted by Focksie

I have two computers that I would like to have FTP between.

One with Windows Vista 64bit
Another with Ubuntu 9.10

What kinds of steps do I need to go through to get files from my Vistas HDD to the Ubuntu's HDD.

The fastest way -- FTPDMIN: Minimal ad-hoc file transfer Windows FTP server Windows 7 will alert you that it's listening on the FTP ports but that's what you want right? Make note of the IP address it's listening on and make sure that's the address on your local network you want.

Then just use your favorite FTP client in Ubuntu...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/89522-ftp-over-local-network.html
Relevancy 62.78%

My HP laptop with windows XP OS will not connect to the internet as long as the local network connection is connected, this trend just started recently, the local network is connected to two Toshiba Cash registers for Polling/ price changes.

A:Local Network

Do you connect through a router (and is the other nodes on the network connected to the same router?)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/local-network-666439.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I have installed a router and have Two computers working on line right now I believe I have created a Network(HayesGroup) between the two computers,the problem is I have no idea how to log on to this Network or what a Network adapter is.The two computers show when I click on View all computers in this work group,but when I click on My wifes it says its unavailable thatI might not have permission to go there??allso"the network path was not found?????I have used the Network wizzard on both computers and it says its installed,How do I get to it??Does it show up like a Program or website in the Computer? How do I install a Network adator if I dont have one?

Relevancy 62.78%

I would like to start using a VPN service for better privacy while online However I have read that using a VPN client will block the local area network is this true I use local and VPN network a HTPC with a large RAID array to share media with my other devices and I want to still be able to access my local files via network drives while using VPN to browse the web Is this possible My current setup is the HTPC file server xbox and a workstation PC connected via ethernet to a dd-wrt router The VPN and local network dd-wrt router connects via WiFi to a VPN and local network primary router plugged into the modem The primary router also supplies WiFi to some phones I have WiFi adapters for the computers if that helps but I uninstalled them when I couldn t figure out how to get Windows to separate local file sharing over the faster ethernet and internet over WiFi I m pretty inexperienced at networking but am willing to try anything to make this work Thanks in advance for your help nbsp

A:VPN and local network

You'll have to do something called "split-tunneling" to access both the internet and LAN.
I don't know what operating system you have, and the steps to do this are different depending on the OS, so here are a few links to help you figure it out (I honestly have next to no experience in this area):
https://kb.meraki.com/knowledge_base/configuring-split-tunnel-client-vpn-on-windows-and-mac-os-x
http://bit.ly/1gfbVFi
http://web.stevens.edu/itwiki/w/index.php/VPN_on_Windows_7_-_Split_Tunneling
http://web.stevens.edu/itwiki/w/index.php/VPN_on_Windows_XP_with_Split_Tunneling

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vpn-and-local-network.1126145/
Relevancy 62.78%

In the last day my computer has disappeared from my local network. i have itunes home sharing and folders i share from this computer but suddenly gone. It is a problem with the firewall because when i turn it off it works right. i DID NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES IN THE FIREWALL AT ALL. someone please help. Running windwows 8.1 64 bit. The only AV i am running is windows defender

A:Local Network

In the Windows Firewall, left pane, did you try to Troubleshoot my network or Restore Defaults.

Also verify in Device Manager if any problems showing up for your Network Adapter and are your drivers up to date.

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/47922-local-network.html
Relevancy 62.78%

whats the difference between network & local access. my internet says i'm "Currently Connetected to network 6 - Access Local & Internet"
Then it says i can "Connect to a Network & Sharing Center" which i dont. what does alll this mean?
it is an icon on the bottom of my screen.

Relevancy 62.78%

I posted a couple of days ago about my network access dropping from local amp internet to local to Local Fix Network no connection after Local Network Fix recently upgrading to vista I tried every solution othe people have posted on the net but my problem still persisted So last night I reinstalled vista and created a restore point after the st start-up I was able to use the internet without interruption for over hrs Then this morning windows Local Network Fix installed updates After the updates were installed my problem started again I went ahead and restored my computer to the st restore point and now it is working fine My fix to this problem is to not install any updates I know that it is not the proper fix but for anyone as frustrated with vista as i am this is a way to maintain your internet connection I am a newcomer to vista but I found out that this problem has been happening to other for years I can't understand why microsoft wont fix this problem If this post helps anyone else with the same problem please reply with your story

A:Local Network Fix

the problem with not updating vista is it leaves your operating system wide open to attack , thats exactly how conficker spread. An unpatched OS can make your firwall and AV next to useless

why dont you set your updates so they are not automatic , then pick the updates to install , install them one at a time run your pc for a while each time until you find the offending update

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/227799-local-network-fix.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I recently replaced a 7200 RPM laptop hard drive with an SSD and it improved over all performance quite a bit. I'm thinking now about installing an SSD on my desktop computer along side the 1tb hard disk - move the OS and programs to the SSD and use the hard drive just for data. Has anyone done this? I would be interested in hearing about people's experiences and in particular if it made much difference for performance.

A:Does adding an SSD along side a hard disk improve performance?

Yes, moving the OS + programs to an SSD is well worth it ...
Here's a tutorial that might be of help
SSD - Install and Transfer the Operating System

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/332935-does-adding-ssd-along-side-hard-disk-improve-performance.html
Relevancy 62.78%

We have 3 computers. All running win2K. Would like to put them all on a network, preferably wireless if possible. How hard is this going to be and what do we need to know to install the network? What are some reputable brands for equipment? Thanks

Relevancy 62.78%

I have an existing network with my business using Windows 2000 Server. I want to connect a new computer to the network. Not sure how to create it

Relevancy 62.78%

I have a Canon MF3110, I have it connected to a computer running Win 7RC at the moment, I am running Win 7 Pro Full install on my main computer. I can access and print to the Canon from all 4 computers on my simple home network. How ever I can not access the Scanner from my main computer. I try to scan and I get "No Scanner Connected" popup. Any Ideas how to get the scanner to be recognized as it is part of the printer I think it should work.

Relevancy 62.78%

Okay, we've got five printers in the office here, and they're all networked and every time I add a computer to the network because of a new hire, I just manually add all of the printers for them.

We just got a new printer and added it to the network.

Question: Is there a way to add this new printer to every computer in the network at once, or do I need to manually go to each computer and add that printer? Your help is greatly appreciated, as always.

A:Adding a printer to the Network

sorry, to my understanding, the client must add the network printer him/herself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-a-printer-to-the-network.73622/
Relevancy 62.78%

Win XP sP2 with home network (Linksys)
HD crash I replaced it and reloaded all Programs
Existing home nework wireless has my Laptops connected & working like usual
trying to add old PC which is directly contected via RJ45 to the router
not sure how to add it back on to existing network
PC does have internet connexion
Norton 2007 firewall in place

Any ideas, suggested website or directions would be appreciated

Relevancy 62.78%

Hi, I currently have a home network with a Dell Demension 2400 desktop computer as the main computer and a Dell Inspiron E1705 laptop. Both of them have Window XP. I would like to connect two new Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows 7 to the network. Is this possible to do with different versions of Windows?

Relevancy 62.78%

Here is my network config.

PC A <wired> wireless 2wire gateway
Xbox 360 <wireless> wireless 2wire gateway

need to add

PC B <wireless> wireless 2wire gateway

Both PCs are running Win XP. Have gone through network wizard to add PC, both have same network, "Home" and same WEP.

I see 2wire gateway in the list of wireless connections on PC B but when I click on it to connect to that network I get an error message...
Code:
Windows is unable to connect to the selected network. The network may no longer be in range. Please refresh the list of availiable networks, and try to connect again
Am I missing setting a configuration?

Relevancy 62.78%

Hi I m new to networking but just set up a home network with a wireless D-Link DI- a friend gave me I have a wired desktop and a wireless laptop set up now My internet connection is DSL and both are Network Help Printer Adding running XP I ve configured the router and set up WPA security and everything seems fine Both can access the web no problem I have an older HP deskjet wired to the desktop that I d like the laptop to print on Everyone says just click on quot sharing quot on the printer Help Adding Network Printer properties from the desktop and then just add the printer from the laptop Problem is I can t find the printer anywhere from the laptop I click on quot add network printer or printer hooked up to another computer quot and it s not there I tried quot local printer quot and nothing I try to browse for it and nothing Is there anything else I need to do to get the network to recognize this printer Sorry for this very amateur question Thanks Dave nbsp

A:Help Adding Network Printer

Check for firewalls i.e. Windows, Norton, or McAfee. These have most likely been the culprit for me in the past.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-adding-network-printer.565920/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a very simple network problem that is bugging me. I have an XP home computer that has a Westell modem/router with Verizon DSL and it works fine. We are using it wired. My daughter came home from college, she has a Dell Dimension 4600 with a mini wan port. I plug the ethernet cable into the computer and I can't figure out how to get it to recognize the network. Occasionally, it will work for about 10 seconds and quit. I am not familiar with XP Pro at all, it looks different than XP Home. Please help me. I have tried everything I could think of and then some. My computer has XP SP3 on it if that has anything to do with it.

Relevancy 62.78%

Hi Im currently trying to add a second workstation to a network pretty simple stuff or so i thought All three machines to second adding network xp Trouble W/S are running on xp-pro The server and the first slave get along fine I can access the server from the third slave via start-run and ip address but get no network path found when i try unc path I know ive missed something fundamental but cant figure out what Trouble adding second W/S to xp network it is All user accounts have been set up correctly I p address default gateway and subnet are all fine Ive enabled netbios Normally they d be speaking by now the only thing i can think i may have missed is DNS addresses as i forgot to check Trouble adding second W/S to xp network but i reckon theyre o k Would adding the i p and computer name to lmhosts have any effect or has anyone got any ideas on what else i can try all hardware is fine and they all ping eachother I just cant resolve the unc names If anybody can point out what ive missed i d be gratefull cheers nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

I can put my w/s on other peoples computers on the network, but as I update my worksheet, the updates do not come up. I am trying to show the most current version of my worksheet on their computers, without them being able to change it. I am not as concerned about them trying to change anything, as I am with them being able to access the most current w/s. I am not really proficient in this, so please keep answers VERY simple. Thanking you in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-excel-w-s-to-network.510106/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a home network that is up and running. It consists of a cable modem, a non-wireless router and two computers.

My cable provider provides me with two DHCP IP addresses that are pingable on the Internet.

I would like to connect a second router to my network and give it the second DHCP IP address that my Internet providers gives me.

How would I do that?

Thank you

Relevancy 62.78%

this is probably a pretty dumb question, but my mind is a blank ...

I am running several computers plus assorted printers and an NAS box (LaCie 1TB drive) on a home LAN. All computers are running WinXP SP2. When I added the NAS box and a sharepoint, I added a single user (me). When I tried to access the NAS box from different computers, everything seemed to work fine. But what I neglected to test was accessing the NAS box using an account on any of the computers that was different (acct name and password) from the account that set up the share in the first place. So, I recently tried to access the NAS box from another account and could not. I had to log into the share using the original account name and password.

So, how do I add additional users? I can not seem to find a hook into the share attributes to add users.

A:Adding Network User

What's the model number of the NAS?

Chances are you add users in the NAS's webpage.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-network-user.754600/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have an existing network, all Dell with Netgear router working fine, file sharing printer sharing etc great. New (Dell) laptop on Vista cannot see other computers, their files or the printer which is connected to one of the XP systems. Vista machine shows as connected to the router and I have internet on the Vista machine. All PC's are on the same workgroup. Dell says it's not a Vista problem (haha) and I know enough to know I need help with this. BTW, it's my wife's new laptop so if you're married you understand how anxious I am to fix this.

A:Adding Vista PC to network with XP's

jtwilburt said:

I have an existing network, all Dell with Netgear router working fine, file sharing printer sharing etc great. New (Dell) laptop on Vista cannot see other computers, their files or the printer which is connected to one of the XP systems. Vista machine shows as connected to the router and I have internet on the Vista machine. All PC's are on the same workgroup. Dell says it's not a Vista problem (haha) and I know enough to know I need help with this. BTW, it's my wife's new laptop so if you're married you understand how anxious I am to fix this.Click to expand...

Did you try waiting a while , then rebooting, to see if the laptop could 'see' the other computers? Sometimes it can take a while before the router finally 'wakes up' and realizes there's another computer out there.

As for the printer, did you install the drivers included in Vista on the new laptop (don't use the disc that came with the printer unless it's a newer one that is Vista compatible). Just went through this with my new computer over the weekend.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-vista-pc-to-network-with-xps.615742/
Relevancy 62.78%

hello i have added a second router to my network in a second building at my location my dsl comes in and into my first router which is the dhcp second router on network adding server for the network in both adding second router on network buildings the ip address of the first router is and works fine with all computers online i added a second router to help the network and have made the ip address of the second router and all computers in the second building behind the second router are online and working fine my problem is on one of my computers in the first building has my quickbooks file and all the computers on the second adding second router on network router cannot see the computer that has the files in the network neighborhood before adding the second router all computers in both buildings were visible and shared and all had access to all computers how adding second router on network can i get the computers in the second building behind the second router map to the computers on the first router DSL - Router - computers online ------ second router - computers online XXX computers cannot see XXX computers want to map a network drive to group thanks robert nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

I have an XP machine that I reformatted and reloaded Windows on, now I'm trying to add network connection back (we're on a LAN). I can't seem to get it to recognize network. Also the "add user" screen looks different than before.

Thanks.

Dana

A:Re-adding computer to network

Hello and Welcome to TSF,

Did you install the drivers for the pc?
Did you add protection?
Did you update the windows?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/re-adding-computer-to-network-380474.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello:

I have a question... i was browsing through group policy and noticed that there is an option to define a website where users can click to add network printers... i was wondering how to setup that page so when they click on the pritner name it adds it to their computer?

Any help would be great!

A:Adding Network Printers

Never noticed that group policy. Where is it located?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-network-printers.214523/
Relevancy 62.78%

When i add a network printer on Windows XP Professional it only adds to the current user and i want it to add for all users. The only way i've figured out how to fix this problem is to use my login script (kix) to add the printer but my script is getting full of all the different printer for every machine. Is the anyway to add printer for all users on Windows XP?

A:Adding Network Printers

for network printer just put some IP ADRES in printer setup...

go to some other machine and search the computer name and after that you can c the printer and double click for that...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/adding-network-printers-100193.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I am adding a new NT server to an NT 4.0 network. When you sign on it won't take my administrator password. How can I go in and change it so it will take my administrator password so I can sign on to the Domain.

A:Adding NT server to NT network

Is this setup as a member server?

Try the local password you assigned it when you installed NT. This is normal behavior for member servers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-nt-server-to-nt-network.67977/
Relevancy 62.78%

Is there built in wireless functionality or what can I do to connect this wirelessly?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-a-ps3-to-my-wireless-pc-network.633195/
Relevancy 62.78%

I need to make a new network, but I have to implement it into the other network. One is a physical bus (10base2) and the other is wired as a logical token ring. I am going to make my new network a physical star. I will not be using any wireless so this seems most logical to me. Do you think I could get away with using the hybrid topology for my logical, or should I use a ring or bus?

Relevancy 61.92%

I have just up dated four of our computers to windows 10 and set up a wifi network between the 4 computers without too many problems.
However I have a problem with a local connection from my main pc (windows 10) to a pc which runs in parallel (pc on windows xp) they are linked by ethernet cable. When I boot the machines in the morning windows 10 displays an icon with the xp pc and all works fine. Later on in the day the xp pc icon has disappeared but working on the xp machine it is still possible to link to the windows 10 machine.
My question is once the icon has disappeared of the windows 10 pc how can I re-establish to link? It appears that the link still exists but I can't access it.

A:local network 10 to xp ethernet

Confusing setup.

When the icon disappears, trying typing the ip of the machine into explorer.

Like this:

Code:
\\192.168.1.178\
or
\\10.0.0.28\
If that don't work, open an admin command prompt and enter this command to see if the other machine shows up

Code:
net view

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/39392-local-network-10-xp-ethernet.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I just installed windows vista ultimate on my desktop pc and I can not get it to connect to the internet. It says unidentified network Local only. It is connected through an ethernet cable and it works on my laptop with windows xp fine. I have seen this problem across the internet but can not find a solution for mine.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Relevancy 61.92%

I have what is probably a basic, stupid user question, but I'm having a brain freeze.

I have a router that issues DHCP addresses in the range 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.119. I use other IP addresses outside this range for devices that need static IPs. I've used 192.168.1.120 and 192.168.1.130. I also have an extra router on the network with with DHCP disabled.

So I set a computer to use 192.168.1.200, and it doesn't connect. Am I missing something?

Relevancy 61.92%

Hi everyone,

I have a problem. One of the computers here at work can't log into the network. When I click O:\ Drive it gives me an error saying "Local device in use". This has happend before in the past. The problem was one of the tech guys hooked up a laptop and put a IP address that someone already using, so they put a different IP Address for the laptop. But the computer still could not get into the network drive. Eventually the problem was resolved but I was not here to see it done.

I already checked the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) properties and everything looks ok.

Does anyone has a resolution for this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-local-device-in-use.504483/