Windows Support Forum

All network adapters have no properties.

Q: All network adapters have no properties.

Today, I turned on my secondary laptop (which hasn't been used in months) was greeted with a start up error which ended up needing to repair the "SYSTEM" boot partition . Now I got the system running but can't get any adapters to work. When I first logged in every network adapter had code 31(could not load driver). I was able to get around that by manually uninstalling each on and letting it re-install. Now each adapter has no properties so there is no internet connection at all. I mentioned the start up problem because I am not sure if the two are related at all.

Any help would be appreciated!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: All network adapters have no properties.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: All network adapters have no properties.

Hi ben,

Did you install an updated version of the driver or the same one ? What is the exact model of the laptop
To get the model number enter this command

Code:
wmic computersystem get oemstringarray

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/283170-all-network-adapters-have-no-properties.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi everyone I know that my title sounds very odd but this seems to be my problem Firstly I cant connect to the internet at all - I cant even try 64-bit No 7 and adapters many Windows network : too adapters network to connect to any networks the icon in my tray is a disconnected ethernet icon In addition when I look at my network adapters folder it is empty but when I look at my network adapters in device manager I have way too many They are all suffering from error code they have an exclamation mark next to them and the drivers cant be loaded but there really are too many as well All of my normal adapters are there but I also have about to adapters which I can t uninstall I tried using devcon and the microsoft hotfix but they didn Windows 7 64-bit : No network adapters and too many network adapters t work I can however disable these adapters but I can t uninstall them So it might be that I have two separate problems that the no network adapters is one and the overload of to adapters is another If anyone has any solutions it would be greatly appreciated Thanks Info Dell Inspiron Windows bit Wireless card Dell wireless WLan mini card Ethernet Marvell Yukon E Fast Ethernet Controller nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

My Dell Insipron 6400 laptop will not support multiple monitors. I think I may not have a key driver installed. Help!!

I have attached two separate images, screen shot of my device manager and display properties and a screen shot of the same image on my mothers PC. (which is also a Dell Inspiron 6400)

On my PC, In my device manager I can not view the display adapters (there must be something installed and I do not have visiblilty?? correct??)

Also, on my display properties I do not even have the option for Multiple monitor support. (these are the same PC's)

I inserted my Drivers and Utilities CD from Dell, but I did not see any driver on there that was applicable to a display adapter.

Am I on the right track???

Thanks

CoachKrav

A:Solved: Display Adapters - Display Properties - DualView - Multiple Monitor Support

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-display-adapters-display-properties-dualview-multiple-monitor-support.938052/
Relevancy 55.47%

I just ran the Windows XP Help and Support, Network Diagnostics and I got a FAILED for the following areas:
Network Adapters FAILED
[00000010] Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection FAILED
DNSServerSearchOrder FAILED
198.153.192.50 FAILED
198.153.194.50 FAILED

I've been having some wireless issues and I am not sure what this is telling me and what I can do about it to fix it. I checked with the Intel web site for network adapters and it appears that I have the latest driver.
Any helpful suggestions?

A:Network Adapters, Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection, DNSSer

howdy and welcome. start > run > sysdm.cpl > hardware tab > device manager > are there any yellow exclamation points, and if so, what are they next to?

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapters-intel-r-pro-wireless-3945abg-network-connection-dnsser.1142923/
Relevancy 55.47%

I've installed this on 3 client machines now (all win7 pro) and each of them has the same result: "none of the network adapters are bound to the netmon driver" when I try to capture.  I've run as admin, checked membership in teh NetMon Users
group on the local machine.  Nothing seems to help.
Any suggestions are welcome.
thx,
DML

DLovitt

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ba435695-84bf-48ff-9a52-c2588b4f3941/network-monitor-34-none-of-the-network-adapters-are-bound-to-the-netmon-driver?forum=netmon
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi there Apparently as the result of malware I suddenly received many detected viruses using Avira and Malware Bytes empty All is adapters connections and lost window network network I can no longer All network adapters lost and network connections window is empty access the internet The Network Connections window is completely blank and in the Device Manager every single driver All network adapters lost and network connections window is empty under Network Adapters net Adapter Direct Parallel Intel Pro Wireless Realtek WAN Miniport etc has a yellow exclamation mark I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers In some cases I got a message saying uninstallation is not allowed But in all cases even where I could uninstall and reinstall it didn t help at all I also already tried running regsvr netshell dll regsvr netcfgx dll regsvr netman dll Each routine was successful but didn t help Running quot Start netman start quot gives a response that it is already running Any advice Is there any way around reinstalling XP Will that even help I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro M running XP Professional Any advice is greatly appreciated I have been working on this to no avail for over hours nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

and made a fundamental mistake of network as So I uninstalled my adapters my was address... network acquiring laptop uninstalling adapters hastily without looking into it Now when I try to re-install the adapters I m running into difficulties Specifically I don t have the CD-ROM I originally must have used and the following message So I uninstalled my network adapters as my laptop was acquiring network address... is popping up quot Files So I uninstalled my network adapters as my laptop was acquiring network address... Needed - The file atl k sys on Atlansic Fast Ethernet Adapter Installation Disk is needed Type the path where the file is located and then click OK quot Unfortunately I don t have any idea if there is a path where this is located so installation cannot complete The reason I took this option to begin with was that the wireless connection on my laptop Asus Windows XP was acquiring network address without ever connecting fully to the internet I had previously tried another of other methods such as manually entering an IP address to no avail Now I think I ve gone and added to the problem exponentially Any help or advice to somebody unfamiliar with such teething problems would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:So I uninstalled my network adapters as my laptop was acquiring network address...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/so-i-uninstalled-my-network-adapters-as-my-laptop-was-acquiring-network-address.1053973/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello Forums I'll start off with the scenario that brings me here Today I managed to redecorate my bedroom where my computer sat on top of a shaky wooden desk That desk is now gone caput and replaced by a much bigger sturdier and prettier glass replacement Before I dissasembled the computer to re-decorate I was able to browse the internet at ease There were no Network; - Powerline Unidentified No Network Adapters Access problems at all However after the new desk was setup - and all Unidentified Network; No Network Access - Powerline Adapters wires replaced in their correct slots Unidentified Network; No Network Access - Powerline Adapters I find that I am unable to connect to the internet or Unidentified Network; No Network Access - Powerline Adapters even the house's network For the past year I have been wired to the router using a RTL C P C P Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC It was plugged into an extension cord in my room into the Ethernet port in the back of my computer Downstairs it's twin was situated no less than feet away from the router - plugged into the first port Now when I boot up the computer the network notification presents the following message quot Unidentified Network No network access quot and sometimes presents a yellow next to it So I am reduced to typing on my mother's laptop - which has no problems connecting to the network I am able to use the ipconfig release command but unable to use the renew - it hangs in the command prompt then tells me that the DHCP server cannot be located The IP beforehand was reverted to - before all of this I was I've been attempting all sorts of fixes for the past hours To no avail any help would be greatly appreciated EDIT I'll also mention that the DNS server and IP settings are set to automatic EDIT Windows Network Diagnostics have determined that quot Local Area Connection quot doesn't have a valid IP configuration

A:Unidentified Network; No Network Access - Powerline Adapters

The router itself would present you with a new Local Area IP, thus the prefix of 192.168.0.*, so I can almost guarantee that it's not your computer acting up. Personally, I'm not too sure on why or how it gave your computer the middle-finger, but it seems to be the culprit..

I'd try resetting your router back to Factory Default settings (Unplug its power source for about 5-10 minutes), plugging everything back in, and seeing how it goes from there.

EDIT::

Also, when you get the chance, I'd check to see if there are any available firmware updates for your router... just saying. Hope all is well mate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/200400-unidentified-network-no-network-access-powerline-adapters.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey I Controller No Solved: Adapters Missing Network Network - m quite a beginner when it comes to computers but I do know these things Under lt Device Manager gt the Network Controller has a yellow triangle icon with an exclamation mark and as for the network adapters I only have two bluetooth and one Marvell Yukon Ethernet Now I Solved: Network Controller Missing - No Network Adapters just got a new hard drive and I completely reinstalled a clean Windows Home Premium Therefore I m rather sure that my drivers are missing My laptop is a Samsung NP-R -JT US I have downloaded Edit AND installed all the drivers yet the network controller still does not work and I still don t have any wireless Network Adapters I would like to know if this means that my NIC is broken or if I simply need the right driver I have tried to update the drivers but finding them online seems to be impossible and I have no Solved: Network Controller Missing - No Network Adapters CDs or backups What are my options Thanks CubinJ nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

I recently tried to remove some malware from my system and adapters... No network corrupt or connections, network missing then all of these problems happened I can no longer connect to the internet and my network connections folder is totally empty Under network adapters all of them are missing or corrupt I hit the update button and it says that I have the newest driver available I uninstalled all of them and then rebooted but they were just corrupt again I cannot activate No network connections, missing or corrupt network adapters... simple TCP IP under network connections in Add remove windows components I don't know if that's important or not My workstation service fails to start My Net BIOS service fails to start I have tried to system restore but it won't work I scanned the registries with regcure No network connections, missing or corrupt network adapters... but that didnt work either Booting in safe mode doesn't fix any of these problems I'm pretty sure I have service pack service pack files i I had a bunch of missing icons in my control panel the files were there but their icons were not i ran regsvr netman dll and two other commands regsvr commands i forgot which then these icons came back but I still have an empty network connections folder I'm at a loss and don't know where to go from here any help would be GREATLY appreciated Thanks

A:No network connections, missing or corrupt network adapters...

Could you try to explain exactly what you did to remove to malware? Maybe you changed a setting somewhere without realizing it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-network-connections-missing-or-corrupt-network-adapters-372763.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello I m using a Toshiba M -S running Win and have developed the problem in the last network connections No adapters network in shown several weeks of my system tray icon for wireless No network adapters shown in network connections showing a red quot x quot instead of the normal connection signal When I access the Network and Sharing Center and click the link to Change Adapter Settings the window for Network Connections is entirely empty - no adapters nothing and thus no way to modify adapter settings Checking in Device Manager shows both of my adapters Wireless Realtek RTL E Wired Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller and both are functioning I m able to access the internet both wired and wirelessly I ve tried to update the drivers for the wireless connection also tried to approximate how far back the problem started and doing a system restore to that point I could restore back further but don t want to deal with having to reinstall all of the software that I ve installed in the last months Any suggestions are welcome

A:No network adapters shown in network connections

Hello RunningPT12 and welcome to BC,
When you say that you are able to connect both via wired and wireless connections do you mean even when you are seeing a red "x" over your connections tab in the system tray and there are no connections showing when you try to change your network adapters?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/322238/no-network-adapters-shown-in-network-connections/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello all as you can see from the subject the problem is a bit weird Can't in working) are Connections (but See they Network Network Adapters from the command prompt ipconfig all i see everything but in the graphical interface not so i can't manage them and it's very annoying History of the problem The problem appeared after Can't See Network Adapters in Network Connections (but they are working) i made a big mess with the file and registry permissions when after using quot subinacl exe quot to reset Can't See Network Adapters in Network Connections (but they are working) the registry permissions and correct some other problems i began to get messages from programs and services that quot There is not enough storage to complete this operation quot anyway and after many hours made a successful recovery using a different vista installation to correct the Can't See Network Adapters in Network Connections (but they are working) file permission problem which locked me out from booting completely The thing is that both registry and file permissions to Program Files Program Files x ProgramData Windows folders were made manually to full permissions on everything to the system and administrators accounts and the same to the Registry Keys without subinacl exe this time so i know what is happening In the registry i had some notifications that it was not successful to everything Anyhow app and window function seems to work fine now except the problem with the network adapters I imagine that it's again something with the permissions but to what i can't risk damaging everything again Does anyone has any idea what i could check to see if the problem gets fixed Thank you

A:Can't See Network Adapters in Network Connections (but they are working)

Forget it .. it was a service that didn't start .. it needed to change the account which was running it .. as i said in the beginning ... big mess ! ..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-see-network-adapters-in-network-connections-but-they-are-working-267405.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all,
I've some users added to 'Network configuration operator' on Windows 7x64 Pro SP1 and they cannot open the properties dialog of network interface. I've tested the KB2157332 on Windows 7 x64 Pro
without SP1 and it works, but I cannot install it on W7SP1 computer, . I'm looking a SP1 version of the hotfix but I cannot find it. 
I've read
this and
this post but still getting the issue
Any idea to solve it?
Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bd6896d1-1e9d-49ac-955a-2492179ed728/network-configuration-operator-cannot-open-the-properties-dialog-of-a-network-interface?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all,

Besides the basic Ethernet and Wifi adapter, what are the other adapters used for.

Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter #1
Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapte #2

Thanks

A:Different network adapters

What is Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter - Microsoft Answers

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/220267-different-network-adapters.html
Relevancy 52.03%

ok so i reformmated my computer and got every thing running but i cant connect to the internet. the problem is that I have no ethernet/network drivers and no way of getting them. i try to use my installation cd but the drivers arnt on them (dont even know if there supposed to be). does anyone know where or how i can get the drivers. the wizard trys to download them but well i can connect to the internet of corse. im connected through a router thats how i can use this forum (im on a diff computer).

intel pro 1000 integrated PCI NIC card
windows xp SP2
dell 8400
p4 3.4 w/ht
1 gb ram

A:network adapters

You either got the drivers CD with the network card or the drivers are on the motherboard CD in case the NIC is integrated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-adapters.23977/
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm trying to install windows vista in my wifes emachine T6536. In the device manager I'm getting a yellow circle with a ! in the middle. It says NVIDIA nforce networking controller. Does that has anythjing to do with my video card? Under it shows my Wireless N-300 USB adapter WNA3100.
Thanks for your help.Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3800+, AMD64 Family 15 Model 47 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 2942 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6100 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM), 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 238464 MB, Free - 200661 MB; D: Total - 57231 MB, Free - 57050 MB;
Motherboard: To be filled by O.E.M., MS-7207G, 100, To be filled by O.E.M.
Antivirus: None

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I have a problem I am on a plan with DODO internet and days ago my internet was working properly and I tried to log in and it wouldnt let me so I rang dodo and they tell me that my network adapter is corrupt and i need to take my pc in to get fixed after about hours on the phone to them I Adapters Network have since restored my PC back to a previous date and it connects perfectly then but leave it one day and it is back to not connecting I have restored it back to a previous date a umber of times now Network Adapters and every time it works but then I turn my pv off and when I log in again it wont connect Obviously Dodo do not want to help me and I dont see how my network adapter is corrupt if I retore to a previous date it works I went on line trying to down load the driver they told me to get and I have had all sorts of problems They DODO told me to Network Adapters download come ethernet link xl and see if that fixes it but I have had no luck doing this Can some one please advise me what to do Cheers Deb nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapters.698199/
Relevancy 52.03%

I just installed windows 7 64-bit on my HP Notebook PC and it says I need to re-install the network adapter driver. The device manager shows yellow exclamation marks on Ethernet Controller, Network Controller, and PCI Device and USB Controller.  I have checked the hardware id and they are:Network adapter: PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3290&SUBSYS_18EC103C&REV_00Ethernet Contoller: PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_218F103C&REV_07Bluetooth Controller: PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3298&SUBSYS_18EC103C&REV_00PCI device: PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV5229&SUBSYS_218F103C&REV_01USB Controller: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E31&SUBSYS_218F103C&REV_04 please can someone help me find the correct drivers thanks 

A:Network adapters

Hi: You need these drivers... Network adapter: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5449369&swItemId=ob_131223_1&swEnvOid=405... Ethernet Contoller: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5449369&swItemId=ob_126558_1&swEnvOid=405... Bluetooth Controller: http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_130390_1 PCI device: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5449369&swItemId=ob_151010_1&swEnvOid=405... USB Controller: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5449369&swItemId=ob_127277_1&swEnvOid=405...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Network-adapters/td-p/5595254
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey(: I don't know if this is the right spot to put this but anyways.. I can't connect my HP DM4 laptop to wifi or thru an ethernet cable. Went to device manager and all my Network Adapters and Other Devices section all have a triangle caution sing with the (!) on it. How do i fix this? Thanks for anyones help in advance(:

A:Network Adapters

Travel to the HP site and DLoad and re-install any and all drivers that show that way in Control Panel...

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,148365.0.html
Relevancy 52.03%

i have just reinstalled win xp sp1 on my computer. i have done it 3 times before a couple of years ago and it was fine but this time i cannot get on the internet. after the reinstallation cd i put in the drivers cd and clicked on network (nic) drivers intel 10/100 lom rev: A02-00 and followed the instructions . it said to go to my computer click properties click hardware click device manger then click the+ on network adapters but there was no network adapters there. if i need to download somethink is there any way i can download on to my laptop and transfer it to my computer. my laptop uses vista. hope someone can help. thanks

What problem were you having before you reinstalled Windows?
Do you have a NIC card or is it an onboard NIC?
Generally if windows doesn't see the hardware it is a hardware problem if you have a NIC card reseat it and see if Windows picks it up on when you boot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-adapters-263383.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello Again here s another one for ya Read somewhere that you can disable unused devices in device manager that would free up resources and help boot time Problem is which ones Have a Regular Dialup standalone machine with nothing plugged into it no WI FI stuff So why is it when I disable these network adaptersirect Parallel Ras Async Wan Miniport IP Wan Miniport L TP Wan Miniport PPOE and Wan Miniport PPTP I Adapters Network get an error trying to dial up I was wondering if they should be disabled maybe in SAFE Mode Or do I have to keep some Network Adapters If anyone knows which to lose and which to keep it would be greatly appreciated I have disabled Ethernet Controller and Floppy so far so good Under Show Hidden Devices there is also a Microsoft TV Video won t let you do anything to it I Know I shouldn t bother but hey every little bit helps Thanks Again nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapters.456527/
Relevancy 52.03%

I just installed windows 7 on my laptop and my son netbook. The network adapters are not present. I thought it was a driver issue so I updated the drivers and the system said no adapters present...any ideas how to solve this issue

Thanks

A:No Network adapters

What's the brand name and model name and complete model number of the laptop and the netbook?

Did they both originally come with Windows 7 or with an older Windows operating system?

Did you install Windows 7 32-bit or Windows 7 64-bit?

--------------------------------------------------------

Go to Control Panel - Device Manager.

What's listed in the Network Adapters heading?

Are there any entries in the Device Manager with a yellow ? next to them?

If there is, advise what their names are.

---------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-network-adapters.1104623/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a Lenovo K e Desktop computer running Windows All Network Adapters of the sudden my computer requires an ethernet cable to connect to the internet It used to use wireless but now it requires an ethernet cord and the computer doesn t seem to even recognize that it has wireless capabilities no longer has a way to troubleshoot wifi issues no section for settings for wifi When I got to my Device Manager it says there is an issue with one of my Network adapters The device status says quot Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems Code quot Network Adapters It says the device is located in PCI Slot How can I fix this Is it a software driver as in on the computer or hardware as Network Adapters in a Network Adapters physical component issue I am still covered by warranty so I d be able to get it fixed I just would like to know because I need internet in order to do daily tasks Thanks so much nbsp

A:Network Adapters

Have you looked for Windows 10 drivers for this device?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapters.1159188/
Relevancy 52.03%

hi, recently had restored my comuter and lost internet due to my network adapters not being in the device managers however i manage to some how get them back in my computer but now it is showing a yellow exclimation by something titled BCM5701 Gigabits Ethernet under the Network Adapter tab. i've tryed downloding every driver from the manufacturers site off my lap top but still nothing, and when i try to get it form microsoft it just trys to update my laptop. so if anyone can please help me out with this problem i would greatly apperciate it so much thanks!
my computer is a compaq presario desktop SR2034NX
Running microsoft XP Media center edition 2005

Relevancy 52.03%

Under device manager\network adapters I have a highlighted exclamation point. It refers to isatap.ec.rr.com, then I get this error message: this device is not working properly because windows can not load drivers for this device (code 31). When I click update drivers my computer tells me that the driver is all ready up to date. So what the heck is going on? I tried goggling but nothing. Any help please.

Remove the device and reboot. Let it reinstall itself. EC.RR.COM is a domain.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/164834-network-adapters.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,

I just noticed I had over 200 adapters but everytime I reboot it creates new ones

Its the 6to4 adapter ... I have a red cross on the network icon on the right clock toolbar and everytime I try and open up a browser it freezes but I can get onto skype and update windows

Any ideas
Thanks

A:Many Network Adapters

This same problem came up just a couple weeks ago "and a few other times". It's definately a driver problem and was fixed by going to a more recent network driver, sometimes the default Win 7 driver works best, other times you need to go the manufature's site to find the best one.

I don't have enough info about your system to find you a better driver but you can google around for one.

To get rid of those extra 6to4 adaptor entries go to Device Manager, choose the "view" tab and then "show hidden devices" then go to network adaptors, delate all the extra 6to4 tunnel adaptors you see there, don't worrie Windows will make a new one.

Here is a link to the last thread about this problem, it was indeed a driver problem just like I mentioned in my first post.

IPV6toIPV4 Adapters Galore

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/119731-many-network-adapters.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I just purchased a laptop computer with an internal network card and a wireless router. I want to network the laptop with my existing desktop. I have a DSL connection. The wireless router is a netgear. The desktop has a celeron processor,2.40 ghz and 248 mb ram, and several available USB ports. How do I now what type of wireless card(adapter) to buy for the desktop?

Relevancy 52.03%

solution for Network Adapters,microsoft 6to4 Adapter #17, This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)
this device. (Code 31), my wireless keyboard and mouse stopped working

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/297682-network-adapters.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have just purchased a new N router since my last one was driving me insane. I thought i would stick with using it in wireless g mode but im curious about upgrading my pci adapter to use wireless N. At the moment i have a wireless G pci card but since it is using one of my two pci slots id rather get a wireless N usb adapter. NETGEAR RangeMax Next Wireless-N USB Adapter WN111 (draft 2.0) - Ebuyer

My question is will the usb adapter be worse than the pci card? Even if it is wireless N instead of G?

EDIT Since it arrives tommorow i shall post my results here.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/160028-usb-network-adapters.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm trying to install wireless capability on my Dell Latitude laptop running Win98 ver.2. I get the error message that my system only allows 4 network adapters and 4 are already present. The current adapters are dial-up adapter, dial-up adapter #2 (VPN Support), Microsoft Virtual Private Network Dapter, and WAN miniport (ATW) (AOL). Can I remove one of these without losing my AOL dial-up functionality or my wired home network capability?

dial-up adapter #2 (VPN Support), Microsoft Virtual Private Network Dapter

The two above are for VPN support and should not be needed by AOL that I know of but I would call in AOL and ask if they get installed by their software.

If they do theres nothing you can remove. If they don't and you don't use VPN for anything then you can remove it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapters.409192/
Relevancy 52.03%

I installed a wireless NIC on a computer with a built in LAN.
It doesn't connect.
both devices appear in the device manager, but neither appear in the adapter list in Network Connections.
I can't connect with a wired connection either.

All services appear to be started. What specifically can I look for??????????????

thx

A:network adapters do not appear

Go to Device Manager...what devices have yellow markings indicating that they probably need drivers installed?

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/357005/network-adapters-do-not-appear/
Relevancy 52.03%

I've reinstalled Windows 7 HP 32-bit on my mates Acer Aspire 5551 laptop. Everything is fine with the exception of the network adapters.

Both the Ethernet and Network controller listed in the Device Manager have the yellow exclamation mark. As there is no Internet connection listed how do I find the correct drivers?

I have tried both the Acer website and the Broadcom website but am unsure what I'm actually looking for.

I have installed the Everest software this is what it says:

BROADCOM BCM43225HM 802.11b/g/n Wireless Network Adapter

BROADCOM NetLink BCM57780 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller

Any help would be much appreciated

A:Need network adapters

For the Ethernet and network controller, you need to install the LAN driver from Acer Aspire 5551 Service & Support. For the Broadcom wireless you will need to install the Broadcom wireless LAN driver from the same page.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/112071-need-network-adapters.html
Relevancy 52.03%

how will i know that there are errors in the Network adapters or if it is enabled when you type devmgmt.msc???? i'm having problem with my resources. it is my first time to be a tech support agent. thank you!

Hello sashi210 and Welcome to TSF,

When going into the Device Management, any fault devices would be marked with a Yellow or Red warning sign, if not, the Operating system registers it as "Working". Of course there could still be issues with it, so:

What exactly is the problem with "my resources"? Please elaborate on this and get back to us with a detailed problem description.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/network-adapters-597626.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have two wireless adapters and they are both plugged in, both working, when i plugged both in i had the idea they would work to gether and give me 22 mbps.. but thats not the case... so i unplugged my external one, and now my internal adapter wont connect and wont get an ip address, (also before when both were plugged in, it didnt have a gateway)

so now the only way i can connect is to use my external adapter (aka pain in the tush)

thanks

A:Two network adapters

Yeah, you won't get it to give you a connection like that, the system becomes confused on which adapter to use.

I'll assume you are using XP. Try going in to your network connections, right click on the adapter you don't want, and select disable. Then right click on the remaining adapter and select Repair. Give it a couple of minutes to work it's magic. If that doesn't work, reboot. That may fix it.

If not, you can always go to the device manager, uninstall the Network Adapter for the internal wireless, reboot the system, and it should automatically reinstall the adapter. I have good luck with that usually when all else fails.

What kind of system is this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-network-adapters.520851/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I m on an in-home wireless network with my brother and daughter and while the internet s working just fine on the wirelessly connected computers mine and hers my brother s computer the one wired to the router no longer has any icons in the Network Connections folder He tried doing a system restore which had no effect I tried running the command prompt on his computer with regsvr netshell dll regsvr netcfgx dll regsvr netman dll all of which it connections, network no adapters No network said ran successfully and then rebooted The Network Connections icons still did not reappear He opened My Network Places and was given an error from Windows Firewall which said quot To help protect your computer Windows Firewall has blocked the UPnP device software from receiving information from the network This information is necessary for displaying the icons Do you want to open the Windows Firewall port settings so the software can detect network to UPnP devices If you click no No network connections, no network adapters the icons will not be displayed quot He clicked yes but no icons were displayed We then opened the Device Manager and it shows him as having no network adapters at all I have no idea what to do at this point His specs are Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack Intel R Pentium R CPU MHz GHz MB RAM Can anyone help nbsp

A:No network connections, no network adapters

First off, since the network adapters don't show up, are they perhaps under Other Devices with an error? It sounds like the hardware is either dead, disabled in the BIOS, or the drivers are corrupt or missing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-network-connections-no-network-adapters.841457/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, i had some problems with a wireless card that i eventually figured out. But after uninstalling the wireless card from the XP device manager several times...im stuck with my working wireless card being considered "wireless network connection 5". But i only got one and it must be from the uninstalls. I know i can just rename it...but is there a registry setting or "easy way" to make XP pro think that this is only the 1st wireless card its ever seen....even if i have to reinstall the card and its linksys software..

Ive also had this same issue with regular NICs.

Any and all help is grealty appreciated, thanks for reading.

Relevancy 51.6%

Hey all my first Missing Network Adapters post here Over the weekend one of my co-worker s machines decided to do something weird He noticed he could not log onto the network wired or otherwise He tried to get a static ip restarting repairing disabling reenabling reinstalling drivers he s not a dummy about these things Nothing has been installed recently System Restore failed to work it keeps saying that it is unable to restore to any points The network adapters show up in the network properties tab but when one runs ipconfig all in the command prompt nothing shows up And it only shows the first line Windows IP Configuration We ve confirmed that the network hardware is intact because the BIOS of the computer has its own network adapter and browser which works Any suggestions as to what is wrong If I can isolate which system Network Adapters Missing it is I can try to Network Adapters Missing replace it Otherwise we ll just reinstall this sucker Thanks a lot in advance

A:Network Adapters Missing

<<We've confirmed that the network hardware is intact because the BIOS of the computer has its own network adapter and browser, which works.>>I don't know what you mean. In simple terms...the BIOS...is a summary of hardware components/functions installed in the system and their settings. If it reflects a network adapter, that adapter is on the system motherboard.Same for browsers. In order to function...a browser must be installed and function from an operating system. It belongs to the O/S and is not reflected anywhere in the BIOS, since it is not a piece of hardware or a system function/setting. In any case...take a look in Device Manager and see what's listed under Network Adapters. Uninstall the drivers...then reboot and reinstall same.Installing Hardware Drivers - http://www.optimizingpc.com/install/hardwaredrivers.html How to update a Windows hardware driver - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-update-a-windows-hardware-driver/ Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/226123/network-adapters-missing/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,
i reinstalled my computer today. Everything went well but there's no step that choose internet connection method. The problem is i can't connect to the internet and in Device Manager, there's no Network Adapters.
I have tried to install Network Adapters but it can't install because of Code 10. The other devices also can't install because there's no internet connection. So what can I do? It's a fresh clean window Xp.
Thanks.

Relevancy 51.6%

Hello, I have been having some problems with my IE. I cannot acces the Internet, but it isn't my internets fault because my WIFI is still working. And in my device manager where net adapters is there is an "Unknown" with the usual Net adapter stuff under that group. Plus my ISP mentioned somethin about Network adapters if that helps.

Relevancy 51.6%

Okay so the other day I got my laptop for college and it came with Windows XP on it. Well today I decided to upgrade it to vista business 64 bit which also came with the laptop. Well before I could easily connect to our wireless internet but now with vista installed it's like the computer doesn't pick up ANY wireless signals. It says install networking hardware, and verify that the correct drivers are loaded. When you do the Windows Network Diagnostics. I even pluged in an ethernet cable and it still won't connect to the internet? What did I do to my computer?

A:There might be a problem with one or more network adapters

First off you should check to see if the drivers for the network adapters are installed correctly. right click on "my computer", then click on "manage". this will open the computer managment console. click the icon for Device Manager. Open the tab for "Network Adapters". There shouldn't be any yellow triangles under any devices. If there are, you need to update the drivers, which should be on the DVD for Vista.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/235443-there-might-problem-one-more-network-adapters.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello Members!A Latest sneak-peek at the Device Manager have indicated several 'Weird' entries under the Network adapters!Please refer to the enclosed reference, & help reveal more on these?Thanks.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,157794.0.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Ok I might have two separate problems but I think they are related Problem I cannot make a dialup connection Adapters? w/ Problem Network to AOL or MCI Problem The following Network Adapters Direct Parallel WAN Miniport Problem w/ Network Adapters? IP WAN Miniport PPPOE amp WAN Miniport PPTP have an exclamation icon on them in Device Manager Problem The computer sees the modem is there I hear a dial tone and the computers communicating with each other It sounds like right at the end of the connection it disconnects and the modem dials again I have reinstalled the modem drivers with no change in performance Device Manager reports the modem is working Problem The following message appears in the Device manager for all network adapters Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware The driver may be corrupted or missing Code I have tried to identify a possible conflict by starting up in Safe Mode I found when I started up in Safe Mode there were no exclamation marks on any of the network adapters in the Device Manager When I started up in Safe Mode with networking the above-mentioned network adapters had an exclamation icon next to them again In addition when I try to uninstall any of these network adapters Direct Parallel WAN Miniport IP WAN Miniport PPPOE amp WAN Miniport PPTP I get a message stating Failed to uninstall the device The device may be required to boot up the computer When I drag the drivers associated to the adapters out of the drivers folder they just appear to reinstall themselves I have no problem connecting to the Internet with a wireless card or hard wired to the Ethernet card I am working on an HP Pavilion zt notebook w XP Home Edition SP I am using Spybot AdAware Zone Alarm firewall and Norton antivirus Below is the detailed info found in the device manager about the four network adapters Anyone have any suggestions All are listed Driver Provider Microsoft Driver Date Driver Version Digital Signer Microsoft Windows Publisher Under Driver Details Direct Parallel Provider unknown File version unknown Copyright unknown Digital Signer unkown located C WINDOWS System DRIVERS ptilink sys C WINDOWS System DRIVERS raspti sys WAN Miniport IP file version xpsp sp rtm - located C WINDOWS System DRIVERS ndiswan sys WAN Miniport PPPOE file version xpsp sp rtm - located C WINDOWS System DRIVERS raspppoe sys WAN Miniport PPTP file version xpsp sp rtm - located C WINDOWS System DRIVERS raspptp sys nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-w-network-adapters.343161/
Relevancy 51.6%

How can I uninstall my network adapters? I don't use it and I'm now sure that is what is causing my BSOD . Thanks for your help

A:uninstall network adapters

If it's an onboard NIC (Network Adapter), you just disable it in BIOS and uninstall in Device Manager.

If it's an add-on card, remove the card and uninstall in Device Manager.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/uninstall-network-adapters-207046.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, On my Win 8 pc i have LAN card setting problem, i have 2 lan card`s, one integrated and one i pci slot. I remove lan card from pci slot and now i only use only integrated lan card. Network connection woks fine, buth i cannot change tcp/ip adress to static, when i try to change adress i got message install and enable your lan card to change settings. Can`t you help wiht dath ?

Sorry for bad eng...

A:Win 8 TCP/IP Network adapters settings

Hi , welcome to the forum , for me it's the card you removed you are try to change setting

if you want we help tou more, first give us screen shot of the network adapters

and also the device manager

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/13958-win-8-tcp-ip-network-adapters-settings.html
Relevancy 51.6%

when i am trying to install the network drivers it is showing me no networks adapters found....i am unable to install the network drivers..hence the internet..wat may be the reason??
recently i have a fault in my motherboard and changed it from the warranty wid the same motherboard(obviously)..and also formatted the whole system once ..so that i thought it would clear above problem..
but it did not clear the above problem....its again coming No Network Adapters found.!!when i am trying to install the network drivers.!!

Relevancy 51.6%

Hello I joined this forum a few hours ago as I need help with something my pc has been having a long time now My network adapters of my pc disappeared at the very moment and I really don't know what the cause is I've let it check by a system admin and even he doesn't know what is causing it So this is what makes me think of that the problem might be with the OS rather then something with the hardware I can't find the network adapters in device manager either and before you tell me it's the NIC well it does the same with other NICs and I tried the Network disappeared adapters NIC in another pc and it works fine with it I was also thinking that it might be having a conflict with the graphics Network adapters disappeared card If you guys have any tips for me then give Network adapters disappeared it a shot I will try anything just to get rid of this problem I thank you for taking time to help me

A:Network adapters disappeared

It is possible it is conflicting with the graphics card. If you can (if you have onboard video), remove the graphics card and see if the NIC returns.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/137783-network-adapters-disappeared.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Me and my friend have just bought two network adapters, hoping we can connect our two Pc's together.But we don't really know how to do this.Should we make one Pc to be a Server and the second one to be a Client?
If that's the case, how do we do it?
If not, what are the other options?
Thank you!!!

A:Configuring the Network Adapters

Moving this to the Networking forum. Please go there to look for replies.

Also, please take a look around that forum - I'm pretty sure they walked someone through a network set up a month or two ago.

------------------
Get free stuff and help out a poor computer tech
Don't forget the amazon.com GCs waiting for you - just listen to music while online!

http://www.rkfdcore.com/ebaypics/referrals.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/configuring-the-network-adapters.33670/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have an acer aspire 5552 laptop that wont connect to the internet.

When I tried troubleshooting I get the message "network cable not properly plugged in or may be broken".

When I go through the control panel/system devices/network adapter the only thing that shows is pdanet.

Right now the only way I can connect is through my cell phone using pdanet.

How can I get my network adapters to show back up? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

A:Network adapters disappeared!

you may want to take a photo to attach here
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Device Manager
Post back the results in device manager
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the screen shot and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

how to access device manager for different windows versions
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000833.htm

Hold the Windows key and press Pause key, should open to allow device manager to be seen

on a laptop you may need to use Hold the Windows key and press FN key + the pause key

if this does not work then -

Windows 7 or Vista
Click on the Start Orb
In the Start Search box type
device manager and then press enter

-------------------

Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager
network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapters-disappeared.1064629/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi all New to the board and glad to find it Precious little help out there for Win I have a HP G - US laptop running Win -bit A couple of nights ago Microsoft loaded a critical update After that all of my network adapters had errors and I had no network connectivity on wireless or wired Hovering over the network icon said quot No connections are available quot wired or wireless I tried doing a System Restore first which had no impact I then went to Device Manager and found errors with the following Atheros WiFi Adapter Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller WAN Miniport IP WAN Miniport IPv WAN Miniport Network Monitor And under Non PnP errors with NativeWiFi Filter QoS Packet Scheduler WFP Lightweight Filter I uninstalled then reinstalled the WiFi Adapter and Realtek adapter I've tried both with the gone after Network MS Adapters update driver downloads from HP and the newest drivers on the manufacturers' sites Then using devcon I reinstalled the following adapters MS NdisWanIp MS NdisWanBh MS NdisWanIpv MS IrdaMiniport MS IrModemMiniport MS PptpMiniport MS PppoeMiniport MS L tpMiniport MS agilevpnminiport This Network Adapters gone after MS update removed the Network Adapter errors from Device Manager but I still have errors with the Non PnP devices I have no idea how to reinstall them I also show that WLAN is on but still there's no network connection I still get the same quot No connection available quot error and troubleshooting gives me Network Adapters gone after MS update this error for both wired and wireless Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter I tried resetting the IP and Winsock but this had no impact Under Network amp Sharing Center I tried clicking on quot Change adapter settings quot but this just Network Adapters gone after MS update gives me a blank page with no adapters at all However quot msinfo gt Summary gt Components gt Network gt Adapter quot shows that WAN Miniport SSTP is there along with the others but quot Adapter Type quot for all of them say quot Not Available quot and the IP Address IP Subnect Default IP Gateway and DHCP Server all say quot Not Available quot Last but not least I can ping myself with no packet loss but nothing else So I don't think the NIC is bad there has to be a conflict with that last MS update but I just can't find it ANY insight at all would be greatly appreciated This laptop belongs to the office manager and I've been working on it for days now She's getting no work done and neither am I so this is becoming a bit of a problem TIA Jason

A:Network Adapters gone after MS update

Microsoft does provide support for problems caused by Windows updates. There is a good chance they will know what caused this problem and how to fix it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/111847-network-adapters-gone-after-ms-update.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Win x - little backstory to explain how i got here This was disappeared adapters network all have my a vista machine that i upgraded all my network adapters have disappeared to win Everything worked after the upgrade except for hamachi version I did a reinstall all my network adapters have disappeared of that and it fixed it except i had hamachi network interfaces listed in device all my network adapters have disappeared manager one of which was showing up as broken yellow exclamation mark Since everything was working i left it alone Fast forward to today - i tried to upgrade hamachi to hamachi Seemed to work ok but i couldn't connect to any peers Looking into it it said the hamachi adapter was faulty and looking at my network connections there was no hamachi adapter listed I opened device manager and there was just one hamachi nic listed and it was the broken one I selected uninstall - checked the box to remove the driver and it uninstalled I then manually installed another instance of the hamachi network adapter Hamachi still cant connect to peers - same error msg about the network adapter Only now ALL of my network adapters are missing in the network connections folder And the network status icon in the status tray is showing a red X as though it's not connected even though this PC is online i'm connecting to it through RDP I've already tried rebooting - no effect So any ideas where all my network connections adapters went and how to get this all sorted Edit One more piece of info - if i right click on the network icon in the status tray and select troubleshoot having another problem specific adapter - on that screen it then lists network adapters Tried letting it diagnose all of them but no effect And if i open the network connections folder and go to help advanced options i get an 'unexpected error'

A:all my network adapters have disappeared

So as a test i re-enabled the onboard NIC from the mobo. After re-enabling it, device manager indicated it was working. I then tried uninstalling it completely, including checking the option to uninstall drivers.

I downloaded the latest drivers and tried reinstalling the NIC after a reboot - now windows is saying it's not working.

So i'm really hesitant to uninstall the other NIC since i'm worried it too will also show up as not working and then i'll be screwed.

Any suggestions?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/76823-all-my-network-adapters-have-disappeared.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have linksys Wireless G USB adaptar. It is connected to a wireless network. If i get another wireless USB adapter and connect it to the same or different network, will it make my internet connection run faster?

A:two USB Adapters connected to one network?

No, your internet connection bandwidth is controlled (except for problems) by your ISP; they will neither increase it nor decrease it because of your number of connections.

Adding another device to your wireless network may give you slower speed on any one computer because of the additional contention for the wireless resource.

If you install another USB wireless adapter to the same PC and connect to a different wireless network, Windows will use one of those connections for your internet. You may experience a slowdown because of the USB contention.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-usb-adapters-connected-to-one-network.490872/
Relevancy 51.6%

hey using adapters? Solved: network two folks - I think I already know the answer to this question but maybe I am wrong I have a new desktop machine running Windows XP with two network adapters One wireless Belkin WLAN PCI card and a standard ethernet adapter The computer accesses the internet over the Belkin PCI adapter from a wireless router that sits in the middle of the house That leaves my ethernet adapter doing nothing He s bored So to give him some action I wanted to know if it s possible to take that empty Solved: using two network adapters? ethernet adapter and connect it directly to my printer which has an ethernet port via cable I did try this and when I connected the printer the internet connection went down Is there any way to bridge the connection to the printer without killing the internet Or should I just go buy Solved: using two network adapters? a dollar USB cable and connect the printer that way I guess I know the answer but the real Solved: using two network adapters? question is is it possible to enable both networking adapters at the same time - maybe even set up the printer as a bridged component of the computer Lemme know DjangoB nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,How to fix this problem, all Network Adapters are not working. XP SP3.This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31).Somebody here can help with Registry modification or Devcon?

A:All Network Adapters (Code 31)

Can you uninstall the drivers for each of those devices?If so, do so...then reboot the system.Since it's onboard, the function may be dead.The fix for that would be to install a PCI NIC, e.g., http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16833156107.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/274630/all-network-adapters-code-31/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, this is my first post so bare with me!
I have a problem with some services which have left me unable to connect to the internet on my main computer. One of the problems, and probably the main one, is that my adapters , 1 wireless and 1 ethernet, both 'on board' are not being 'found' by windows. All is well with newest drivers installed in device manager. Everything has been working perfectly until this problem with 'services'. I have compared the services on the main computer and this laptop and after making 1 change, they are both set the same now, both OS are the same.The router, a voyager , is working fine, I am connected on my laptop with it now. Any assistance would be much appreciated. Oh yes, I have reset the winsock too. No difference!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/243678-network-adapters-not-recognised.html
Relevancy 51.6%

On my other computer I am unable to connect to the internet. In windows XP when viewing the network connections it is completely blank. The device manager shows the NIC installed and with no problems detected. I Have uninstalled the driver and reinstalled, removed all startup programs and all non microsoft services, tried safe mode, and ran a full malware/norton 360 scan. I am running out of ideas! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you -Alex

Relevancy 51.6%

I can see my network adapters having problems. I don't know why this happened but its worrying me. But I can still connect to the Internet.

There is about a hundred devices under "network adapters" in the Device Manager that has this yellow warning sign. All of them had this except the SiS91 Ethernet Controller that makes me connect to the Internet.

I try troubleshooting and it only gets in cycles from "checking if the device is disabled" to "checking for driver problems" to "checking for missing drivers" and it never ends from there.

I had screenshots.

A:Problem with network adapters

Open a command prompt and type (without quotes) "netsh in 6to4 set state disable"

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/100154-problem-network-adapters.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a Dell Inspiron running Vista Home Premium 32bit. I am connected directly from my modem to my laptop. About a two weeks ago, I started having connectivity problems with my VPN. I have checked my device manager and all network drivers are running fine. But I keep having connection problems with my VPN. It will connect for 15-20 minutes and then I lose the connection. When I try to reconnect I get this error message: "You might have a problem with one or more network adapters".

Please help!!!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/242706-might-problem-one-more-network-adapters.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have managed to corrupt my system following a crash while removing a virus with Dr web cure it Now I can no longer connect to the internet My connections are via wireless or mobile broadband dongle Device manager shows my adapters but as disabled I can enable them and network Missing adapters they are then shown as working correctly but task manager still reports no adapters installed This is on an acer laptop running win xp mce Missing network adapters sp I have discovered a factory reset option which I can access with Hirens but would like to repair if at all possible I tried to repair replace tcp ip from Win disc but received a message saying no folder available to copy to I am now beyond my ability I think my system is now clean and seems to work fine however windows firewall cannot be turned on the virus I was removing was quot win essential security suite quot which made avira rapid fire multiple deny requests at me and I think I must have accidentally clicked Missing network adapters on the virus popup which then froze all my security programs Avira Mallwarebytes super anti spyware Hijack this and windows firewall I may not be able to return to this site until next weekend but any specific help would be appreciated as it would be so much easier to follow instructions to completely fix my OS while working from the defective laptop online Thanks in advance Vince

A:Missing network adapters

I would try to reinstall your Network Adapters Drivers and see if that solves your issue.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/354246/missing-network-adapters/
Relevancy 51.6%

Okay so I have a Compaq Presario Notebook 2200 according to all the specs I see using google this Notebook has Wireless Integrated and LAN, I can see the LAN Driver at the back of the PC.

Specs: http://www.shopping.com/xPF-Compaq-P...le-Notebook-Pc

I am having problems with getting the wireless or local area connection to work, when I go to Network connections I don't see anything listed, When I go to device manager I don't see Network Adapters. I have downloaded and installed every exe file under the network selection from this page NEW LINK
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&dlc=&cc=us&lang=&product=442823. Please help maybe I am doing something wrong.

Relevancy 51.6%

I am running windows 7ultimate in a hp Compaq nc6400 business laptop... I cant find the (ACTUAL) full names of the network adapters that need b for my wifi card to work the name and numbers on my wifi card read [Broadcom ~bcm4311kfbg~] also a sticker on the card read [bcm94311mcag wmib-187ag v00-a 2dd7caj] PLEASE HEALP

A:Wrong name on network adapters!!

get the drivers from the HP Website.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wrong-name-on-network-adapters.1151182/
Relevancy 51.6%

So i ve had some trouble with my computer Network Adapters failing? specifically my Trend Micro Internet Security and my Realtek High Definition Audio card It started about a month ago I got the quot blue screen of death quot as it is famously know Network Adapters failing? and it started to dump my virtual Network Adapters failing? memory I thought it might ve just been overheating of my laptop so i restarted after it was done When I restarted my computer i got a quot Security Center has Stopped working quot and it goes on about reporting to microsoft but i never got a solution Whenever this message appeared my sound would disable and i d have to re-enable it and this would happen - times So i went to my security center and it was turned off and when i tried to turn it on i get the same message and my sound would disable again After weeks of talking to friends who do troubleshooting for a living no solution was found All i was left with was either uninstall trend and reinstall hoping that it would fix this problem OR reset my computer to manufacture settings which i was not a big fan of at the time I ve got a Sony Vaio VGN-FW E laptop running Windows Vista Home Premium So i uninstalled trend reinstalled it and alas i didn t get the quot Security Center has stopped working quot and my sound didn t disable I was like well seems it wasn t anything big after all but low and behold I couldn t connect to the itnernet Usually it s just my router modem that needs a quick reboot but no I d get a quot reset wireless network blah quot or the modem or try connecting to a different network but this time was the first time i got this message and i actually freaked out Gave me reasons options as to why i can t connect quot Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller quot is experiancing driver or hardware related issues Make sure your quot Internet Protocal Bindings quot are correct Ensure that quot Version TVCP IPv and Version TCP IPv quot are selected in the configuration for the network adapter quot Local Area Network quot and The network adapter quot Atheros AP x Wireless Network Adapter quot is experiancing driver or hardware related issues Well i m not troubleshooting expert so to me this is plain giberish I know that it s saying my adapters might be experiancing trouble but i don t know what to do about it or how to even fix it As for all i have to say is WHAT I m sending this from my brothers computer so i know that it is not my wireless router Modem I ve tried rebooting my laptop but to no avail I m considering taking it to Geek Squad at Best Buy where i purchased my laptop so they can take a look at it as i explain the issue and see if they can fix it That s if no one can find a solution to the problem here Please any help would be REALLY appreciated I m desperate T T nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapters-failing.825801/
Relevancy 51.6%

I just installed a fresh copy of windows 7 ultimate, my old hdd corrupted. and theres no network adapters. i tried installing it 3 times, no drivers work. i need to know how or where to get the network adapter, theres no internet to the computer so no windows update. and the only cd i have is the windows 7 disk. Help?

A:Need help, No network adapters. ASAP

Hello studman97 Welcome to the Seven Forums!

What type of connection do you have there? That will be a help in solving this rather quickly. Are you plugging a usb cord, ethernet RJ-45 cord, or running a wireless type connection?

The two places to start are the Device Manager>Network devices and in the Control Panel>Network & Sharing Center for using the network troubleshooting tool as well as checking off the automatically detect settings box found in the Internet Explorer options>connections tab.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/230133-need-help-no-network-adapters-asap.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I bought the Toshiba Satellite S955-xxxx that came with win8.
I put in a new Hdd and loaded win7 ultimate. now it can't find any network ADAPTERS. I tried to load a driver from win8 but,since there is no adapter, it didn't work.
I'm convinced the problem lies in Win7 as Win8 finds them just fine.

Thanks, G

I FOUND THE STUPIDITY!(me AND Toshiba) I loaded drivers and, like magic, it started working!!

A:No Network Adapters Recognized

List any Problem devicesMake sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX reportClick Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you’re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you’re running 64 bit Windows, you’ll see 64-bit DxDiag along bottom of dxdiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
Click the paper clip icon to upload and attach the file to your next post

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/309910-no-network-adapters-recognized.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi My HDD crashed and I replaced it with a new one after istallind a new copy of xp pro I can't get my network adapter to show so that I can connect to the internet. please help Willie

Relevancy 51.6%

Hey, I've got two internet connections, and two internet adapters (yeah
What I'd like to know is how I could use both at the same time...
eg: Download Freeware on one, and browse on the other.

Using vista, so a windows explanation would be nice

A:Multiple Network Adapters.

From the TSG Rules, which you should have read when you joined.

P2P Instructions - We do not support P2P file sharing applications and any threads requesting help for such will be closed. This includes Kazaa, Bearshare, WinMX, and the like. If you're interested in the topic, you are free to discuss it on our site (and please visit StealingIsIllegal.com), but information on how to use them will not be provided.

We are aware that there are legal applications for file sharing but we have chosen to take this postion as we cannot determine when the assistance requested is for illegal or legal purposes and the illegal far outweigh the legal in this medium.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-network-adapters.772187/
Relevancy 51.6%

HI Folks,
Just about had it with this computer HELP before I throw it out the window! I have two network adapters and only one works, but I don't know how to get my computer to use it?! Plus my friend who lives upstairs is willing to let me use his wireless router and modem and my computer recognizes it but the signal switches from excellent to poor within seconds while I'm loading a page. He bought the router/modem at Best Buy, however there was no instruction manual with it at least that's what he says. He was given some numbers that are really really long by Comcast whom he has cable internet through. Can I get a better signal or is the cement fireproof walls gonna be a problem
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am able to follow directions very well so please someone HELP!
Dell2200

A:2 network adapters and only one works HELP!!

your friend could try changing his routers wireless channel to help the signal. he can goto his routers manufactures website and enter the model number and download a manual which will explain how to access it's configuration utility to changes its wireless channel. also, make sure there are no wireless electronics near your pc like a chordless phone.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-network-adapters-and-only-one-works-help.630716/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a dell xps and I had lost my internet connection the other day In the device manager the yellow mark showed my intel lm adapter as the device not working code I ran network diagnostics and it said to reset adapter or Network adapters not installing my ipv amp isn't checked I checked and it was I installed the driver and although the driver was successfully installed I got Network adapters not installing yhe same errors I also noticed that the name of the adapter changed in device manager to dc even though I installed the lf I installed and used windows driver I chose from the list and it came up as the dc again I even reinstalled the whole os and there was no change Ive tried to use my usb wireless cards and they wont install either giving me a code error I used a program called sandras sisoftware to get information the adapters and the first model was named quot software loopback interface quot and the type was a loopback There are more adapters listed with the names showing only registry entries Another model was Teredo tunneling pseudo-interface RAS Async adapter So no matter what kind of adapter I use the service won't start to run it and I get that code

A:Network adapters not installing

Hello and welcome to the Forums, i found some info on the Code 10,this may or may not assist you ,but, it is worth reading. Vista Home Premium (Code 10 error)

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/293414-network-adapters-not-installing.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi there are numerous computers in and around my house all using the adapters more or Problem network one with same router and they can all connect fine but mine i get the error in the title when i click diagnose and none of the solutions have worked Ive spent hours on the phone to netgear but so far no avail im sure i havnt tried everything i believe it may be something to do with my ip as when i open netgear smartwizard it doesnt display a ip address On the full network map it connects to the network but not the gateway Lastly i dont know if this is of any relevance but in network and sharing center when i manage networks i always find a profile called Virtual profile ive deleted this countless times and connected to the appropriate network with a freshly made profile and when i turn my computer on next time its switchedto this virtual profile Anyway im not great with computers and ive been trying to sort this for a while so hopefully fresh thoughts will help Cheers nbsp

A:Problem with one or more network adapters

Are you using wireless to connect - if so , have you tried to connect to the router with a cable and see if it works like

Do you have OR have had any firewalls on the PC - IF so which ones
Disable any current firewalls

post back here
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-one-or-more-network-adapters.958285/
Relevancy 51.6%

I went to device manager and did show hidden devices. Then I see a whole bunch of network adapters. What are they? Are they extra things that I don't need that cause privacy or security issues?

isatap.{BUNCHOF-NUMBERS-ANDLETTERS-ETC...}
RAS Async Adapter
Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
WAN Miniport (IP)
WAN Miniport (IPv6)
WAN Miniport (L2TP)
WAN Miniport (Network Monitor)
WAN Miniport (PPPOE)
WAN Miniport (PPTP)
WAN Miniport (SSTP)

A:What are all these hidden network adapters?

Hi

They are all virtual adapters installed by Windows. These are necessary for some network operations so i would recommend leaving them untouched.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534035/what-are-all-these-hidden-network-adapters/
Relevancy 51.6%

After removing several types of Virus I lost the use of all network adapters They are listed in Device Manager with a yellow exclamation mark When I try to install updated drivers I receive code error Please help Here is my hijackthis Network Install Adapters Cannot log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Cannot Install Network Adapters Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes Cannot Install Network Adapters C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon Cannot Install Network Adapters exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system netdde exeC Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exeC WINDOWS system cisvc exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXEC Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files Advanced Registry Doctor RegManServ exeC WINDOWS system wbem wmiapsrv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exeC Program Files Cyberlink Shared Files brs exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXEC Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exeC Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mmtask exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS system cidaemon exeC WINDOWS system cidaemon exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO BitComet ClickCapture - F E - A- B A-BCAF- B BFDFEA - C Program Files BitComet tools BitCometBHO dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO no name - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - ae cd -e - f- - ee - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dllO - BHO no name - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - no file O - BHO no name - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - no file O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - BHO SmartSelect - f ee -daa - - - d ee a - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dllO - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dllO - HKLM Run Logitech Utility Logi MwX ExeO - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe quot O - HKLM Run PDVD LanguageShortcut... Read more

A:Cannot Install Network Adapters

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/217398/cannot-install-network-adapters/
Relevancy 51.6%

Has anyone had success with a wireless setup with Vista?

I've tried a US Robotics 54g USB adapter from another machine to access my existing network, but Vista did not recognize it, mfgr says they have no compatible drivers.

So far, I've not found a list of hardware that might be compatible for this purpose and would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks.

A:Wireless Network Adapters

Use ms update on Vista, and it should find drivers, if not you'll have to install one manually, sometimes the XP drivers will work, but not always

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/74096/wireless-network-adapters/
Relevancy 51.6%

Many of the network adapters shown on Device Manager are not working A few of them are Broadcom g Network Adapter NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller and NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller are the ones that are working TO Adapter WAN Miniport IP WAN Miniport not working Network Adapters IPv WAN Miniport L TP WAN Miniport Network Monitor WAN Miniport PPPOE and WAN Miniport PPTP are the ones that do not work All of the devices not working have the same device status quot This device is not working properly because Windows cannot Network Adapters not working load the drivers required for this device Code quot My computer is connected to my router and the Network and Sharing Center says it is connected to the Internet but I cannot load a website Under Connection Status it says IPv Connectivity Internet IPv Connectivity Local http forums techguy org networking -solved-ipv -connectivity-local-ipv html I looked at that thread and followed some of the steps hoping it would work but the only thing that differed Network Adapters not working was the PING yahoo com and PING Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Anderson Wu gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name UltimateGaminPC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Broadcom g Network Adapter Physical Address - C-DF- E- F-EB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d a c f f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday March AM Lease Expires Tuesday April AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F-E -AE-D - - - B- A- -EE DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled C Users Anderson Wu gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Anderson Wu gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Anderson Wu gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Anderson Wu gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Anderson Wu gt ping yahoo com Ping request could not find host yahoo com Please check the name and try again nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

MY pc was working fine I however needed to move it from one room any not detecting network XP adapters to another and in doing so XP not detecting any network adapters apparently disabled the network adapter Since moving the computer and turning on the PC no other changes were made the pc no longer detects any network adapter in device manager I have tried the following - reinstalling the network adapter driver - starting the computer in safe mode with networking - buying a PCI network adapter the XP not detecting any network adapters original adapter was onboard - completing a system restore to before I moved the computer - Ensure that network adapters are enabled in the Bios In addition sine turning off my PC last time on the th and now the computer no longer supports both my gb ram sticks despite having run them perfectly for a week I have had to remove stick of memory if I keep in at start I keep a fast repeating bios beep with a bios message displaying Drive A error System halted despite not having any drive A Any help with this problem nbsp

A:XP not detecting any network adapters

Have you tried a Microsoft Update lately? It may have updates that fix your issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-not-detecting-any-network-adapters.704982/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, my computer recently acquired a bunch of viruses. I ran Mbam, SAS, AVG, and Spybot Search&Destroy. Even after running all those programs, my computer was not operating at 100%. I decided to run a windows live virus detecter. The program ran fine and was able to locate 200+ viruses and problems. Unfortunately, when I rebooted, I saw that all my network adapters were corrupted (as indicated by a yellow !). I have already tried uninstalling and installing the adapters, but that had no effect. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-adapters-corrupted-397665.html
Relevancy 51.6%

The hub on my home network is an AMD Athlon 2400 with a Gigabyte MOBO. It has two network adapters, on onboard and the other add-on. OS is XP Pro.

Suddenly the other night both network cards disappeared. Since the computer was giving us hassles (booting problems, occasional blue screen/unsolicited restart) we formatted the disk and reinstalled XP. Still, no network adapters. When I try to install new hardware it gives me “Error code 10 Device cannot start”. I installed the drivers for both adapters, and they seem to recognize the cards.

After formatting and fresh XP installation the system seems stable, and everything else works.

Common sense tells me that it is not a hardware problem because why would both OB and add-on adapters both stop working at the same time? But maybe I am wrong.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.

A:Disappearing network adapters

I know this article is for Win2000 but it still will give you ideal as to the cause of the error. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329184

You need to go to http://update.microsoft.com and download all your updates.
Note: You may have to go back several times before you get them all. Sometimes you will have some updates to download only after you have downloaded others.

Also make sure you get all the latest updates for your moterboards chip set, sound card, video card, and anyother hardware you have installed in your computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disappearing-network-adapters.523614/
Relevancy 51.6%

Windows 7 says they aren't. The troubleshooter says all drivers are up to date, but I can't connect my laptop to my home network. I'm running an SMC router, which the laptop network area says is available, but when I try to connect, I get an error message that there's something wrong with my wireless network adapter. If I troubleshoot again, I get an error message that my WIRED network adapter has a problem. If I go into the adapters through my devices, both say they're up to date and working correctly.

This started right after I uninstalled Webroot in preparation for installing a new antivirus. Coincidence, or something else? Any help will be MUCH appreciated!

A:network adapters say they're working, but . . .

If there is a removal tool to clean up after Webroot run that.

Make sure you have the latest network drivers. Get drivers from the laptop manufacturer's web site for integrated adapters; from the adapter manufacturer otherwise.

(From a JohnWill post)

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista or 7.

Start - All Programs - Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapters-say-theyre-working-but.1018632/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,

I have a windows machine with 2 network adapters.
1st one is Lan that goes out to internet and also has a built in vpn inside and i need that because i will be connected to a VDI machine with windows 7 (the client which i have to use dose not have an option to set the network adapter).
2nd is a wireless for intranet and internet to my workplace.

My question is: Can i have both network adapters work with internet and route the traffic from vdi only to the wired one, and the other traffic from wireless to be accessed from laptop .
kind of from laptop i want to be able to listen music on youtube and from the vdi machine to be able to search for documentation (work related stuff).

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6b98a4c7-cb3e-45b5-9602-6d1e6ef109bd/2-network-adapters-with-internet-on-each?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi.

At the moment I'm using Netgear AV200 powerline adapters and need to add 2 more adapters to my setup.

Do I have to stick with Netgear or can I use another brand if they are both compliant with HomePlug AV1 standard and the same speed (200Mbps)?

Edit: Well apparently all powerline adapters are compatible as long as they are the same type (i.e. Homeplug AV or DS2), so I'll be getting more affordable pair of adapters...

A:Use different powerline adapters on same network?

You can use any brands with the protocol of Homeplug AV.
But you cann't use the the one of Homeplug 1.0.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/176351-use-different-powerline-adapters-same-network.html
Relevancy 51.6%

When I opened my device manager under Network Adapters I get 3 yellow ! on the following Miniports 1. WAN Miniport (network montior)#2 Code 31 2. WAN Miniport (IPX) #2 Code 31 #. Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter #2 Code 10. My computer is a HP Media Center 7160n and I have a Linksys WRT54G that connects another desktop computer, both computers are Windows media centers running XP. About the Network Adapters I have ran the troubleshooter on all three and it would not work and I tried to uninstall and reinstall all three problems with no luck. Please help me. Thank you J. Sherwood

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapters-errors-10-and-31.701187/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi!

I just want to know if there are significant differences between 4-pin and 8-pin Network Adapters, particularly in transmission speed. Which type is Ideal to buy? Thanks...

Relevancy 51.6%

I'm running a W7 64 bit machine and was wondering if there is an easy way to temporarily disable Network Adapters on my machine?

A:Disabling network adapters

Hey rocks911,

Hope this small tutorial can help you and you get what you are desiring to do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/319071-disabling-network-adapters.html
Relevancy 51.6%

My computer has been running very slowly recently so i decided to try and speed it up by completely reinstalling Vista on it. The update was completely successful but i cannot connect to the internet anymore. There are 3 main issues:

1. There is no Network adapter in device manager
2. There is nothing at all in Network connections
3. Every time i try and reinstall my router (Thomson TG585 V7) with the disk it tells me it cant find the router even though it is plugged in correctly

Help please!

(Its a wired connection and wireless on the router works perfectly, its what im using to post this, so i think it must be the computer)

Relevancy 51.6%

So I am currently on my laptop because i just restored my computer to factory settings and when i started up my pc its telling me that i do not have a network adapter installed and i cannot use the windows driver update tool because it requires the internet and this is stopping me from using the internet, the drivers that need installing are
Ethernet controller
PCI Device
SM Bus Controller

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapters-not-installing.1156244/
Relevancy 51.6%

I'll try to be as short as possible DELL Dimension with needed help adapters! Serious Network WINDOWS XP SP- MB of RAM GB disk connecting to the internet through external modem and an ethernet card DSL connetion I was Serious help needed with Network adapters! running fine untill last night that I turned the pc off This morning I couldn't connect to the internet because my ethernet card wasn't recognised by Windows So I went to the device manager and Serious help needed with Network adapters! I clicked the yellow questionmark note that there WAS NO Network adapters section in Device manager-the ethernet card was under UNKNOWN and I uninstalled and reinstalled thedriver Same thing I am getting an error message quot The device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device - Code quot From that point whatever I am doing I am getting the same message I tried to install the new hardware ETHERNET card and the required driver from the installation CD but again WINDOWS Refuses to load the drivers and create the Network adapters in Device Manager Not even in Safe Mode Note that WINDOWS works fine with all other drivers My pc has an internal dial modem also so I tried to conect with it since my ISP gives me that option too I have done so in the past succesfully Same thing Cannot connect although the modem is recognised by WINDOWS and there is no yellow marks on it - working fine I can hear it dialing I installed AOL trial version sometimes AOL fixes connection problems and in the Device Manager AOL cannot create a newtwork adapter although it installs the software and under UNKNOWN again NOT network adapters with a yellow mark on it AOL can use my modem though and dials up connects and downloads some kind of software update trying to fix the problem obviously but still the same results It appears that WINDOWS cannot load the drivers required to make the Network adapters recognisable I did a basic search in Microsoft knowledge base but nothing seems to be helpful Can someone help me please

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/serious-help-needed-with-network-adapters-42900.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I really need help Under device manager I have the yellow exclamation points and when I open up properties my network adapters' device status says quot This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device Code quot I have selected Upgrade Driver allowing it to use the default drivers in my C drive as well as downloading the drivers off the company website with a different computer and transferring the files with a thumb drive and installing them by selecting quot Let me pick quot The end result is it says quot The parameter is incorrect quot I have used sfc scannow in cmd I Working! HELP! Network Not Adapters have done a chkdsk f in cmd Gateway Laptop Model NV OS Windows Home Premium -bit Network Adapter Atheros AR B Wireless Adapter Network Adapter Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet I don't know why is says I've spent hours searching downloading transferring installing uninstalling back to searching and repeating Please help me I don't know what else to do Is all lost I don't want to have to buy a new laptop yet

A:Network Adapters Not Working! HELP!

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Have you just Re installed Windows ? .... What was the result of your System Scan ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/340531-network-adapters-not-working-help.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I m trying to remove my wireless network and install a wired one In the wireless version I connected to the internet via one PC and the other PCs connected to Aren't - Adapters Network That There that one Network Adapters - That Aren't There wirelessly I ve removed the original modem and tried to remove the wireless adapter from all PCs However on the PC that connected to the Internet everything seems to have gone pear shaped The others have all connected perfectly to the new ethernet router modem system In Device Manager or looking under Network Connections there appears to be a single instance of the Wireless Network Connection labeled Wireless Network Connection However if under Network Connections I select Network Troubleshooter and perform a scan I can see instances of quot Instant Network Adapters - That Aren't There Wireless USB Network Adapter ver quot These quot ghost quot adapters are causing a problem because their default IP Gateway address is the same as the address on my router modem and my PC can t connect to the new modem because of the conflicts They also appear under Accessories - System Tools - System Information- Components - Network - Adapters but no driver name is given My question - how do I remove these entries They aren t in Device Manager and they aren t seen under Network Connections so the usual methods don t apply It s got to be easy - I just don t know how

A:Network Adapters - That Aren't There

Have you looked for these in the USB section of Device Manager? If they're listed there, right click and "Uninstall" or "Disable" should be available.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/136333/network-adapters-that-arent-there/
Relevancy 51.6%

So I installed windows home sp3. and I have no active network adapters I did go to device manager and it had like. yellow question marks, I am running Ubuntu off my usb stick and linux sucks on this computer.
So is there any solution to why it says 'No active networks drivers'

A:No Active Network Adapters. Help.

closing duplicate, please respond at http://forums.techguy.org/networking/1091014-no-active-network-adapters-windows.html.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-active-network-adapters-help.1091016/
Relevancy 51.6%

"Windows does not detect any network adapters "
Device Manager does not show a network adapter on the list.
The motherboard drivers for the onboard network adapters will not install on Vista x64
A Linksys EG1032 network card will not install using Vista x64
Both the EVGA website and Linksys website's latest drivers will not install on Vista x64
An identical computer running Vista 32 bit has no problem getting online
Is there a hotfix for this or do I need to buy a 64bit network card?

A:No Network Adapters installed

What else in your device manager is not working? Usually if a network adapter is not working in x64, many other motherboard features are not working. I would recommend going back to 32-bit, if the other identical computer is working.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/220345-no-network-adapters-installed.html
Relevancy 51.6%

So, I've been having troubles with something. When I first turn on my computer, and connect to the internet, or if I close my laptop and then open it again, I'm able to access webpages. However, after about 3 minutes or so, it stops working and won't load websites or let me use Vent, or play World of Warcraft. It does however, not disconnect me from the internet, and I have no issues playing an online text-based game - this works even when I can't access pages, Vent, Windows updates, etc. If I reset the network adapters it fixes the problem, but only for another 3 or so minutes... Any suggestions?

A:Resetting the Network Adapters

Does this happen if you boot to [safe mode + net] and test functionality from there?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/226689-resetting-network-adapters.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I recently reinstalled winxp sp3 on dell xps600 now cant connect online I think I need network adapters no more support from dell where can I get them

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello, I just receive my new desktop with a brand new windows 8, after I successfully installed and activated windows it seems I can't connect to my network neither access its properties. I am actually using my phone as a wifi adaptor through easytether and I already tried to (re)install different driver for my Ethernet card but it makes no difference. I don't think easytether could be the cause but I can't connect to any bank website, facebook, hotmail, I can't download and install google chrome and I can't use windows update (I though it could have fix few of the issues). I don't know if I posted this thread in the right place since so many things are malfunctioning but I'll be glad to have a bit of help here. cheers

A:Can't access network properties,can't connect to network

Originally Posted by sogefurter

Hello, I just receive my new desktop with a brand new windows 8, after I successfully installed and activated windows it seems I can't connect to my network neither access its properties. I am actually using my phone as a wifi adaptor through easytether and I already tried to (re)install different driver for my Ethernet card but it makes no difference. I don't think easytether could be the cause but I can't connect to any bank website, facebook, hotmail, I can't download and install google chrome and I can't use windows update (I though it could have fix few of the issues). I don't know if I posted this thread in the right place since so many things are malfunctioning but I'll be glad to have a bit of help here. cheers

If you can post a screen shot of the ipconfig/all from this machine it would be most helpful.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/28860-cant-access-network-properties-cant-connect-network.html