Windows Support Forum

Bluetooth adapter issue - it exists but it doesn't work

Q: Bluetooth adapter issue - it exists but it doesn't work

I have a Dell vostro 1220. I recently upgraded from XP 32 to 7 64. Everything is working fine except the bluetooth adapter. The drivers are installed, it appears in the device manager but not in Control Panel > Network and Internet. I've tried different bluetooth stack software but the problem seams to be with the hardware. It just won't switch on.

I did some hardware upgrades as well more ram and HDD to SSD, all working fine. OS install went well, back up was fine. I'm out of ideas other than I broke it when opening up the laptop. I hope this isn't the case.

Suggestions?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Bluetooth adapter issue - it exists but it doesn't work

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Bluetooth adapter issue - it exists but it doesn't work

Quote: Originally Posted by nyler

I have a Dell vostro 1220. I recently upgraded from XP 32 to 7 64. Everything is working fine except the bluetooth adapter. The drivers are installed, it appears in the device manager but not in Control Panel > Network and Internet. I've tried different bluetooth stack software but the problem seams to be with the hardware. It just won't switch on.

I did some hardware upgrades as well more ram and HDD to SSD, all working fine. OS install went well, back up was fine. I'm out of ideas other than I broke it when opening up the laptop. I hope this isn't the case.

Suggestions?

Hi nyler,

Welcome to Seven forums.

Please let me know which wireless/bluetooth network card you have on the system. You need to update the application and driver for the system.

Let us know the model so we can provide you the exact link to get it updated. Check this video which would be helpful in updating all the drivers:

Updating Dell Drivers

Kindly update your system specs here by following this.

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/308665-bluetooth-adapter-issue-exists-but-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 88.58%

So I got this cell phone that I want to try to connect with my supposedly Bluetooh-enabled laptop. Originally I attempted this after I had upgraded to Internet Explorer 7.0, but that was rife with problems, so I downgraded back to 6. Now if I open up My Computer and double-click on My Bluetooth Places, the "hour glass" sits there for a bit as if it is actually doing something; then, it reverts back to the arrow cursor and the laptop acts as if I never asked it to do something.

I am wondering if the Bluetooth capability of my laptop is gone; I think it must be software/driver related.

Ideas? Is there a way to reinstall the drivers that were there with XP (home)?

Rob

A:Bluetooth Doesn't Exists!?

There are some issues on BT with IE7 which will be fixed shortly. Did you turn of your firewall??

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/77378/bluetooth-doesnt-exists/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello.
I am quite new here, but I've been wanting to get this problem solved for a long time, and I haven't seemed to get any answer.

So here's my problem:

I bought my Asus N53SV for around a year ago, and it worked great. But for some reason something changed.
When I try to open bluetooth, nothing happens. And when I want to connect anything using bluetooth, it doesn't work.

I tried to do this:
[windows] + r >bttray
But nothing opens up.

Please help!

Thank you,
Karstin

A:My bluetooth doesn't work. bttray doesn't open.

Quote: Originally Posted by Karstin1812

Hello.
I am quite new here, but I've been wanting to get this problem solved for a long time, and I haven't seemed to get any answer.

So here's my problem:

I bought my Asus N53SV for around a year ago, and it worked great. But for some reason something changed.
When I try to open bluetooth, nothing happens. And when I want to connect anything using bluetooth, it doesn't work.

I tried to do this:
[windows] + r >bttray
But nothing opens up.

Please help!

Thank you,
Karstin

Hi Karstin,

Welcome to Seven Forums.

You would need to re-install Bluetooth software/driver for your system. Please check the link below for finding out the drivers:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download

If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/289528-my-bluetooth-doesnt-work-bttray-doesnt-open.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Acer aspire's Bluetooth doesn't work since I bought it I've installed drivers too but it doesn't work what should I do.
In its specs it has Bluetooth . But there is no Bluetooth device found in device manager how to repair this.
Please HELP!!

A:acer aspire 4738' s bluetooth doesn't work but wifi work?

Hi ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... What is the Model Number of your Laptop ? ...

Did you buy the Laptop from new ? ...
Did you mean Windows 7 x86 ?...
If your System Specs are correct you have 4 GB of ram ? ...
If that is the case your Windows should be 64 Bit ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/377316-acer-aspire-4738-s-bluetooth-doesnt-work-but-wifi-work.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi I am having trouble getting my Bluetooth adapter to work Notes The drivers install fine on both Windows Pro and Windows Pro The Bluetooth adapter is correctly installed on the motherboard and should be working because My adapter Bluetooth wont work it shares with the wifi card and I have wifi Windows update fails to find the drivers for the device Windows acknowledges the presence of a SM Bus Controller but says the drivers are not installed correctly My Bluetooth adapter wont work Drivers were installed from the motherboard manufacturers website http www gigabyte com products pro px pid ov The drivers on Windows Pro don t actually install Upon completion of the installation the installer then prompts me to reboot I do and when Windows starts up again I can install the drivers again as if they were never installed Also at the beginning of the installation Windows makes the device connected disconnected sound as if I it My Bluetooth adapter wont work disconnects the Bluetooth and then reconnects it This is really annoying me I would like to connect my phone and tablet but alas cannot Oh and there s all this stuff to help you guys The Windows is a fresh install from minutes ago OS Version Microsoft Windows Pro bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX - Mb Its meant to say MB Hard Drives B Total - MB Free - MB C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd Z X-UD H Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 70.09%

Hi I am having trouble getting my Bluetooth adapter to adapter wont Bluetooth work work Notes The drivers install fine on both Windows Pro and Windows Pro The Bluetooth adapter is correctly installed on the motherboard and should be working because it shares with the wifi card and I have wifi Windows update fails to find the drivers for the device Windows acknowledges the presence of a SM Bluetooth adapter wont work Bus Controller Bluetooth adapter wont work but says the drivers are not installed correctly Drivers were installed from the motherboard manufacturers website http www gigabyte com products product-page aspx pid ov EDIT The drivers on Windows Pro don t actually install Upon completion of the installation the installer then prompts me to reboot I do and when Windows starts up again I can install the drivers again as if they were never installed Also at the beginning of the installation Windows makes the device connected disconnected sound as if I it disconnects the Bluetooth and then reconnects it This is really annoying me I would like to connect my phone and tablet but alas cannot Oh and there s all this stuff to help you guys The Windows is a fresh install from minutes ago OS Version Microsoft Windows Pro bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX - Mb Its meant to say MB Hard Drives B Total - MB Free - MB C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd Z X-UD H Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bluetooth-adapter-wont-work.1085989/
Relevancy 70.09%

I am using Windows HP I have a Microsoft Keyboard Elite and Mouse for Bluetooth Both worked flawlessly with XP Since upgrading to Windows they do not work The Device Manager shows the Bluetooth Adapter and says it is working Problem is when I go to Add A Device it just keeps searching and searching and never finds my keyboard and mouse I have been through many forums and tried the following Replacing the batteries in Keyboard and Adapter Issue Bluetooth Mouse and making sure they are discoverable Getting updated drivers Bluetooth Adapter Issue Uninstalling and re-installing Made sure the Bluetooth service is started and set to start automatically Tried Win Driver from Broadcom Tried Bluesoliel driver In frustration borrowed a Bluetooth adapter from work and that didn't work so then I went and bought a brand new IoGear Bluetooth Adapter that says it is Windows Compatible When plugged in to my USB Windows immediately recognized it and installed drivers Still when I go to Add A Device nothing found I then updated the drivers from Broadcom and sill nothing To make sure it is was not the keyboard and mouse to took them over to my laptop with built-in Bluetooth and it would pair with them immediately Based on the above it seems to me that Windows is having Bluetooth Adapter Issue a problem using Bluetooth to pair with devices Any help is greatly appreciated Thank you

A:Bluetooth Adapter Issue

I don't think it is windows 7. I have a phone and a mouse paired to a Bluetooth stick with Broadcom drivers. They paired at first attempt. There is usually a button on the base of a mouse that you have to press to make it discoverable. I don't know about a keyboard though, I have never used one. There is also a checkbox on the options tab of the Bluetooth settings dialog to make the computer discoverable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/140931-bluetooth-adapter-issue.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I've had this problem for quite a while now and it's starting to drive me crazy My bluetooth devices can't connect to my laptop because it appears as though they can't find it at all The device work doesn't Bluetooth bluetooth speakers was already added and used to work with my laptop and it still works with my phone or other computers without any trouble but my laptop's bluetooth just isn't working I Bluetooth doesn't work can't delete it from my added devices to try and re-add it Worst of all I can't open Bluetooth settings at all Not using Control Panel not using the bluetooth icon not using search just not at all I click it and nothing happens So I've tried to look it up in Services msc to see if it might be disabled but it says it should be running In msconfig it says the Bluetooth service is stopped however Either way I'd love to use my bluetooth devices with my laptop again so if anyone knows how to fix this that would be awesome

A:Bluetooth doesn't work

Go back to Services and right click on the Bluetooth support service and double click on it.

When the Bluetooth support service properties open look to see what the startup type is, then click on Start in the the Service status.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537040/bluetooth-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi all!

I have bought a HP 6730b notebook (type: HP KU216ET), it has got built-in Bluetooth. I have installed 32bit Windows 7, but the bluetooth doesn't work. I cannot find any driver to make that working good..

HP Compaq 6730b Notebook PC*-* Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center - here is a driver for XP, but when I install, it said that I have to turn on Bluetooth... I don't know what to do...

I don't know what's the type of the built-in Bluetooth, maybe broadcom, I tried this driver: Broadcom.com - Bluetooth Software Download

but there's the same message while install: Turn on Bluetooth...

What can I do? I have a bluetooth mouse, so I need to make bluetooth working good...

Thx a lot!

UPDATE: PROBLEM SOLVED

A:Bluetooth doesn't work

Look in "Services" and see if it's enabled.
Type services.msc in the start search box, then click on the gear icon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/15617-bluetooth-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I just instal my laptop with windows 8.1, but the bluetooth devices can not connect with others devices such as smartphone, tabs, etc. whereas in the device manager there are two devices for bluetooh. please help! Thanks 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-bluetooth-device-doesn-t-work/td-p/5782028
Relevancy 68.37%

My Bluetooth keyboard stopped working with just one specific laptop. (acer aspire E5-771G-76QZ)Laptop says it is paired but my keyboard his Bluetooth light lights up when pressing a button (this means it's not connected to anything).so I tried the keyboard on other devices (laptop, desktop, phone) and it works just fine.When trying to delete the keyboard from the paired devices, it "installs" it self when restarting the laptop, I even deleted my Bluetooth drivers and deleted all the files with iobit uninstaller, after restarting my laptop, Bluetooth was installed by it self again and the keyboard was "paired".ps. I can pair my phone or other Bluetooth devices without any problem with this laptop, so it looks like it's a quarrel between the laptop and the Bluetooth keyboard.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/bluetooth-doesn-t-work-properly/td-p/443699
Relevancy 68.37%

My Bluetooth keyboard stopped working with just one specific laptop. (acer aspire E5-771G-76QZ)Laptop says it is paired but my keyboard his Bluetooth light lights up when pressing a button (this means it's not connected to anything).so I tried the keyboard on other devices (laptop, desktop, phone) and it works just fine.When trying to delete the keyboard from the paired devices, it "installs" it self when restarting the laptop, I even deleted my Bluetooth drivers and deleted all the files with iobit uninstaller, after restarting my laptop, Bluetooth was installed by it self again and the keyboard was "paired".ps. I can pair my phone or other Bluetooth devices without any problem with this laptop, so it looks like it's a quarrel between the laptop and the Bluetooth keyboard.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/bluetooth-doesn-t-work-properly/td-p/443699/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi all I need some Bluetooth work Helix doesn't help with my new Helix - CG nbsp I've been using this machine Helix Bluetooth doesn't work for almost a month and bluetooth never even showed up in Windows With all the drivers installed BIOS updated to latest version Bluetooth is not working neither showed up ever in Device Manager nbsp Bluetooth is enabled in BIOS and the Bluetooth service also in Windows Services but no change Disabling and re-enabling it in BIOS with several restarts was also no success nbsp nbsp I tried Broadcom's official driver too but the driver couldn't even detect my bluetooth device nbsp Recently I upgraded to Windows to see if it solves the problem but still no change I installed the official Lenovo Bluetooth driver The installation was quick and succesful but still no bluetooth after all nbsp I think I tried every possible solution but there is still no Bluetooth in Windows Device Manager What could I possibly do now nbsp Thank you in advance Solved Go to Solution

A:Helix Bluetooth doesn't work

I've had the exact same problem with my 3701-33M. Sent in to Lenovo and it turns out the bluetooth device was missing. Pulled out another brand new one I had on hand, same thing, sent in, no bluetooth card physically installed. The build sheets for these device serial numbers show an asterisk next to the bluetooth device saying "or equivalent". Received my replacement unit under warranty and guess what? Also has no bluetooth. Seems like a full manufacturing batch went out without the cards even being installed. Pretty dodgy QC on these Helixes unfortunately.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/Helix-Bluetooth-doesn-t-work/td-p/2193130
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi
I recently bought a new laptop (ASUS K70IC) that has no Bluetooth (BT). I also bought a Bluetooth mouse with it, Genius 905BT and an USB Bluetooth dongle, I thought that would work. But it doesn't. Other Bluetooth devices show up when I search for them, but the mouse doesn't. I tried that in XP SP3 too (desktop PC) but it doesnt show up there either.
So my questions are:
1. Does anyone have a configuration of a BT USB dongle + BT mouse?
2. Do you think it should work? (BT dongle + BT mouse)

A:Bluetooth mouse doesn't work

Have you put your mouse into the "Discovery Mode"?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/51551-bluetooth-mouse-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I have this exact issue:

A Bluetooth device stops working, and you receive error code 43 together with event 17 after you resume a computer that is running Windows 7 from sleep

It used to happen sometimes on Win 7 32 bit, I've now changed to Win 7 64 bit and I can replicate it everytime I put the machine in and out of sleep.

The only way to fix is to use a different USB mouse to go into Device Manager and disable/re-enable the bluetooth device.

The reason for my post is that I requested the hotfix, yet upon trying to install it, I get a message telling me that it's not applicable for my PC?

Win 7 64 bit Home Premium, SP1, with all available Windows updates installed.

Any further ideas?

Thanks

A:Bluetooth doesn't work after resuming from S3

Usually power state errors like this can be resolved through driver updates too.
Have you pursued seeking driver updates via the company that provided the device?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/187340-bluetooth-doesnt-work-after-resuming-s3.html
Relevancy 67.94%

In May, I bought a pair of bluetooth headphones (Photive BTH3) and a USB bluetooth wireless adapter (SoundBot SB340) for my work PC.

Last week, my computer got a bug, and IT reformatted the computer.
Now my headphones are not pairing with the computer properly.
I used the CD that came with the USB adapter, and it seems to work, but when I pair the headphones with the computer, the drivers start to install, and I get this error:

I got this right before it, and thought it was all going well

I can not pair my headphones with the computer, and get this pop-up:

Can anybody help me out? I've tried the drivers on the SoundBot website, and they give me the same driver error.
No music at work is a real bummer!!!

A:Bluetooth headphones and USB adapter are not pairing properly. NO AUDIO AT WORK

Isn't that the province of your work IT personnel?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/554871/bluetooth-headphones-and-usb-adapter-are-not-pairing-properly-no-audio-at-work/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi I have a Sony Vaio VGN-FW doesn't Windows Bluetooth My Professional on work 7 x64 J laptop with built in bluetooth Broadcom Widcomm Alps My Bluetooth doesn't work on Windows 7 x64 Professional something like that some drivers had the former name others the last one I use Windows x Professional and it seems that the bluetooth doesn't My Bluetooth doesn't work on Windows 7 x64 Professional work After the fresh install few months ago it worked Meanwhile I didn't use it because I didn't need it But today I tried to use it but it can't find my device mobile phone I tried with many device but it seems that the bluetooth doesn't scan for devices I can't also see it from other device my phone doesn't see it I tried three driver versions but none of them does anything more than what I have described above The install does all good but after that nothing work I see the BT icon in tray near the volume icon but if I click on it it appears an empty page scanning for new device forever Neither adding a device nor opening the settings worked The quot Allow new device to connect quot is blurred gray so I can't click it If I uninstall the driver Windows uses its own driver but this does also not work I think it's not a driver problem but a Windows one since it worked some time ago I don't know what to do Can anyone help me Thanks in advance

A:My Bluetooth doesn't work on Windows 7 x64 Professional

Quote: Originally Posted by beethoven

Hi,
After the fresh install (few months ago) it worked.

So we know that it does actually work with Windows 7, but you just cant get it to now.

Quote: Originally Posted by beethoven

The "Allow new device to connect" is blurred gray, so I can't click it.

What about "Add a Device"?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/58744-my-bluetooth-doesnt-work-windows-7-x64-professional.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi I have a USB Bluetooth Dongle I use this with XP sp that I keep fully updated I did an update today and following this my bluetooth dongle does not work I have used the windows update site to look at my update history and it tells me that one of my udates was this iAnywhere - Other hardware - ISSC EDR Bluetooth after doesn't Bluetooth update work windows USB Adapter I think that if i remove this and try again my bluetooth dongle should work edit I should add that I am unable to find this program to remove it - which is why I am posting I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver and it doesn t seem to do any good Does anyone have any ideas please Will I Bluetooth doesn't work after windows update have a ghost image that I took today just before doing the windows update I could just restore Bluetooth doesn't work after windows update the image but am a little nervous because I have never done it before nbsp

A:Bluetooth doesn't work after windows update

Hi,

You'll be glad to know I stopped being a WUSS, and restored the Ghost image I made this morning. It was nerve wracking but went well. I'm posting here after all.

Will

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-doesnt-work-after-windows-update.111783/
Relevancy 66.65%

After tha last automatic update of Microsoft Windows 10 the bluetooth doesn't work. I can turn it on and off, but it doesn't recognize other devices and is not detected its presence from other devices, such as smartphones, so it is impossible to put them in communication and exchange files. Please, may anyone help me? Thank you, very much.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Bluetooth-doesn-t-work-after-last-windows-10-updates-on/td-p/5795594
Relevancy 66.65%

The problem appeared in two different laptops (Lenovo and Fujitsu). The bluetooth hardware is not visible in device manager anymore, but unrecognized device appeared. Driver reinstall doesn't help. Driver installation setup says there is no bluetooth hardware.
PC Suite is installed , worked fine before.

How to restore bluetooth?

A:After Windows 7 update bluetooth doesn't work anymore.

Eventually Fujitsu went to service as it stopped booting even from CD and USB. Had MOBO replaced. Came back yesterday had win 7 installed. Everything was fine till I installed Nokia Ovi and tried to use Bluetooth. Then the same hapenned - first USB unknown device than no boot at all. I am desperate - I dont believe this is hardware (2 mobos?) but I can't access the machine at all. If this was software it should boot from Win 7 DVD - but it hangs displaying 'starting windows'. I can access BIOS setup and I can boot only some DOS emergency boot CD allowing me to copy or erase whole disc, but I can't reinstall OS. Please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-windows-7-update-bluetooth-doesnt-work-anymore.985379/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi!I tried to reinstall the drivers for wireless, but it seems that the device manager recognizes that the notebook has bluetooth (Ralink_RT3290), however, it does not function. Can you please help?Thank you!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Pavilion-g6-2303-sh-bluetooth-detected-but-doesn-t-work-on/td-p/5833858
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi guys,

I have a laptop in which I am running windows 7 pro x64. But as I had a problem with the weak signal I bought an alfa network antenna : 802.11/g long-range
model awus036h.

I have installed the driver following step by step the instructions from the driver's site.
But I am only able to see only the other's SSIDs not MINE . and also Even when i am forcing to connect to my SSID it doesn't connect. My network is not Hidden so I dont get it.

the inner network adapter is atheros AR5007 and PCI: Realtek RTL8102E
can please someone help me?

A:Alfa Network Usb adapter doesn't work!

Quote: Originally Posted by dionm

Hi guys,

I have a laptop in which I am running windows 7 pro x64. But as I had a problem with the weak signal I bought an alfa network antenna : 802.11/g long-range
model awus036h.

I have installed the driver following step by step the instructions from the driver's site.
But I am only able to see only the other's SSIDs not MINE . and also Even when i am forcing to connect to my SSID it doesn't connect. My network is not Hidden so I dont get it.

the inner network adapter is atheros AR5007 and PCI: Realtek RTL8102E
can please someone help me?

please go into device manaer and verify the driver is installed and working.

Please go to start>search>type device manager.
Are there any "unknown devices" with yellow triangles on them?
Is you driver there , listed, and working?

If y our driver is missing, or there is a yellow triangle on it, you will need to update it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/116405-alfa-network-usb-adapter-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 65.36%

My wireless adapter connects fine when my pc boots except if I try to download a large file or run a full screen program that uses connection, the adapter stops working and won't detect any networks, if I try to configure it when it doesn't work...my com will turn itself off and turn back on. I downloaded a newer driver, resetted my router, but the problem is still there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-adapter-doesnt-work.494815/
Relevancy 65.36%

E3-111 Win 10 installed. But the Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network adapter doesn't work (errror code 10) Tried lot of options. No result.  Somebody any ideas, advice. Thnx

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Qualcomm-wireless-adapter-doesn-t-work/td-p/448455
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello all Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse Bluetooth doesn't work on my Professional Mouse doesn't work on Bluetooth 64bit Microsoft 7 Windows Dell laptop Here is some more detailed information Laptop Dell Vostro Operation System Windows Professional bit SP Steps to reproduce turn on Bluetooth of Sculpt Touch Mouse go to 'Devices Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse doesn't work on Windows 7 Professional 64bit and Printers' add a device double click 'Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse' on the list of popup screen the 'Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse' device icon will be added to device list on 'Devices and Printers' ovserved that the icon of 'Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse' was grey out and couldn't be used tried to move the mouse but no response and the light on the top of the mouse keeps flashing red lt -- gt green The Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse was suppose to be setup install in one minute That's why I prefer to buying the Microsoft mouse product But it wasn't It took me few days to try to install it and it was still failed Could everyone tell me how to fix that Thanks

A:Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse doesn't work on Windows 7 Professional 64bit

Try installing this software/driver for microsoft mouse and keyboard first: Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/363911-microsoft-bluetooth-mouse-doesnt-work-windows-7-professional-64bit.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium, 32-bit, on a hp Pavillion6000 laptop. The network adapter is a Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG (it was stock with the computer).

I've never had problems with the network adapter before! It completely stopped working on all fronts. I tried updating and/or replacing the drivers, but there's one error that I keep getting no matter what I do (besides erasing it all together) when I look at it under Device Manager.

"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)"

That's it! It doesn't work at all! It won't update, I already tried manually downloading / installing drivers from Intel's website, and it's still messed up! I've spent hours trying to figure this out, and I'm completely stumped. Any ideas?

- Nate

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wirless-network-adapter-doesnt-work-vista.807684/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello everyone, I need some help. I've found my old (1, or 2 years old) Realtek RTL8187B USB 2.0 Wireless Adapter. I plugged in into my PC, but it doesn't find any networks, but it works 100% on my laptop. On PC windows said, that maybe something wrong with the driver, I reinstalled it a few times, but same happened again, again. Both has Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.
Please help!

(Sorry for my bad english)

Relevancy 64.93%

Hello for everyone! My english is poor, sorry.
I've installed ASUS Wi-Fi USB adapter (model USB-N13) for LAN. There is Windows 7 Home Premium x64. Through control panel I see that adapter works normally and the drivers are the latest. However my PC doesn't see the adapter - the ASUS utility notices me "ASUS Wireless LAN card is taken apart from your desktop PC".

I have the same Wi-Fi adapter at another my PC with Windows 7 Home Basic, and everything works nice. Of course I changed these adapters between my computers. Conclusion is both adapters are working good. The same models, the same drivers. Actually I don't understand where is the mistake?

If this matter was already discussed here pls give the link. Or what are your ideas about this trouble?

Thank you.

A:Windows 7 installed Asus Wi-Fi adapter. However it doesn't work.

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

As the USB adapter is seen on a different computer, but not this one one, you may want to check you have the correct chipset drivers, as they are needed for the USB controllers.

You haven't given us any of your computer specifications so I can't advise you where to look.

Even the computer make and model would have helped.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/230520-windows-7-installed-asus-wi-fi-adapter-however-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello, i have an ASUS X55VD and the wireless adapter isn't working anymore. I tried troubleshooting, reinstalling the ASUS drivers (Ralink and Atheros drivers), uninstalling and uninstalling & deleting the driver from device manager. I tried uninstalling the antivirus (ESET SS 8). The wired connection is working fine.

How it started giving errors: I left it in Sleep mode for 2 days, unplugged. After this i did a restart and the wireless adapter was off. I turned it on using the Wireless Console 3 (provided by the laptop CD from ASUS), the wireless LED stays constant ON, although in Network and Sharing center, the wireless connection is Disabled. Re-enabling it from there it just says Enabling... -> Enabled but it still remains Disabled. After this i started applying the fixes mentioned above. Whenever i start the laptop now the Wireless is disabled and i don't know what else to try.

A:Wireless Network Adapter doesn't work anymore

I don't want a definite solution, just..i don't know what else to try. Can someone help?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/354343-wireless-network-adapter-doesnt-work-anymore.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello Everyone, we've a Problem. After we've updated a HP ThinClient T610 to the newest ThinPro Version (5.2.x) it doesn't recognized the WIFI Adapter anymore. I've tested it with another one, but even this one doesn't work. Does anyone have an idea what it could be? Or is there a list with the supported WIFI Adapter on it? It would be great if anyone could help us. We should provide a solution to the customer. By the way: the adapter ist shown in the USB-Manager. But it doesn't recognize it as a WIFI Adapter. It's just there that i could redirect it to the session, not to connect to a Wireless-Network. Many thanks!Alex

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/T610-WIFI-Adapter-doesn-t-work-after-ThinPro-5-2-Update/td-p/5711207
Relevancy 64.07%

Marvell Libertas 802.11 b/g Wireless LAN Client Adapter Doesn?t Start My PCI card.
I have installed a Rosewill RNX-G300E Wireless PCI card. I have attempted to install the drivers for it but keep getting ?This device cannot start. (Code 10)?. As I am using the Windows 7 professional version that is included in Win 7 Pro, this is a bit frustrating.
I can use a usb version of a wireless interface such as AirLink 101 USB XR adapter but I have the Rosewill card and want to use it. None of the sites like softpedia are useful.

A:Marvell Libertas Wireless LAN Client Adapter Doesn't work

Quote: Originally Posted by DrTEE

Marvell Libertas 802.11 b/g Wireless LAN Client Adapter Doesn?t Start My PCI card.
I have installed a Rosewill RNX-G300E Wireless PCI card. I have attempted to install the drivers for it but keep getting ?This device cannot start. (Code 10)?. As I am using the Windows 7 professional version that is included in Win 7 Pro, this is a bit frustrating.
I can use a usb version of a wireless interface such as AirLink 101 USB XR adapter but I have the Rosewill card and want to use it. None of the sites like softpedia are useful.

Have you tried here? Rosewill.com - Download Center for Driver, User Manual , Firmware, Application
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/109124-marvell-libertas-wireless-lan-client-adapter-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Ok, so I've re-installed Windows XP (SP2) and after it booted up, I noticed that my onboard ethernet adapter wasn't recognised. So I went and downloaded the appropriate drivers (SiS900.zip) from the mobo's official site (it's a PCChips M848A mobo) but when I try to install the drivers, it still says that the hardware isn't functional (Code 1).

I've tried many different versions of SiS900 drivers but it simply won't work.

When I tried the setup.exe file that came with the official driver, the install would say "Update Driver for PnP Device Fail. Setup will exit".

That's when I simply forwarded the windows hardware installer to an XP folder i found in the zip file. But still, it doesn't work.

I really need help on this matter. Thanks in advance...

EDIT: Maybe it's worth mentioning that I re-installed WinXP over an existing windows partition without formatting it. I simply deleted the former windows installation files.

A:[SOLVED] On-board Ethernet Adapter Driver Doesn't Work

Have you tried directing the driver to install from SiS900\WinXP\netoem.inf ?

Go into your device manager, right click the device under network adapters and click update driver. From there direct it to the aforementioned file.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-on-board-ethernet-adapter-driver-doesnt-work-204726.html
Relevancy 61.92%

So I accidently bent my Belkin surf and share WiFi adapter on my desktop, and the internet cut out. I assumed it was broken, so I plugged it into my laptop and turned the wifi switch to off to test it out. Strangely, it worked fine. Then I attempted other USB ports on my tower, none of them worked. The strange thing is I can see all of the available wifi networks, but can't connect to them. I tried uninstalling the drivers, restarting, and reinstalling but that doesn't seem to work. The chip is fine, as it worked on my laptop, but it refuses to work on the tower.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

A:Belkin Surf and Share WiFi adapter Doesn't work on desktop, yet works on laptop

Buy an adapter that hasn't been physically damaged.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-surf-and-share-wifi-adapter-doesnt-work-on-desktop-yet-works-on-laptop.1069005/
Relevancy 60.63%

I bought an adapter for my computer that takes RCA input Red-Yellow-White exists! Windows (very frustrating) my Doesn't hardware know 7 connectors and plugs into a USB port Windows however refuses to Windows 7 Doesn't know my hardware exists! (very frustrating) acknowledge its existence When I plug it in there is no notification of any new hardware and I can t hear my computer doing anything either The device doesn t show up anywhere in the device manager it should be under sound video and game controllers I have installed the drivers and other software for the device updated various other drivers and installed all new windows updates I have also tried plugging it into several different USB ports I can confirm that the device works because the LED on it turns on when it is plugged in plus I have tested it on Windows XP and Windows on other computers I am using Windows Synopsis I plugged in a USB device into my computer and Windows fails to acknowledge its presence all my other devices are working fine nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

how do i get these to work together one computer has the qwest modem the other the usb and i want to have a wireless connection for internet but they dont connect and see eache other

A:Solved: Bluetooth 2.0 usb adapter class 1 and qwest wireless modem w1000 adapter

Does the bluetooth adapter recognise the modem but can't connect?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-bluetooth-2-0-usb-adapter-class-1-and-qwest-wireless-modem-w1000-adapter.774464/
Relevancy 59.34%

So here's the thing A few days ago I noticed that my PC is slow unlike before I can not run any games I can not 8500GT issue. but in work. GeForce Plugged doesn't access NVidia Control Panel and when I check quot Display quot on dxdiag it does not show the device information I went to device manager trying to disable enable the graphic card but it told that the graphic card is turned on but that there are issues because of which the graphic card is not working properly I tried uninstalling drivers with driver sweep and through device manager BIOS happen to be alright and also I checked if it's plugged in correctly several times and it is GeForce 8500GT issue. Plugged in but doesn't work. I really don't know what caused this or when GeForce 8500GT issue. Plugged in but doesn't work. When I right click on desktop and go to Properties gt Settings there's usually graphic specs written above the resolution bar but now it doesn't show any It happens to be that my graphic card is unable to use any resources PC Specs Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E Ghz GeForce GT mb I'm running on XP bits Please help me

Relevancy 59.34%

Have an old asus laptop that i use very little. I noticed that when i type something ... nothing shows up.

I open up google. I type keyboard letters into google... nothing shows up. However when i click the letter F... it would seem to click on the top right corner where the 3 horizontal lines are located right under the X. The google chrome settings.

I then use my touchpad or regular mouse. When i try to click on anything like picture i have or video etc or icons on my desktop.. it would open up the properties. Does anyone know how do i fix this issue? Basically i cannot type any letter anywhere.

A:Laptop Keyboard Doesn't Work Very Strange Issue

Basically anything i click on does this... unless i click on start menu and then click on the program. Thus if i click on say avast or a program on desktop, it shows the properties of it. If i click on program using start menu... it does show up.

I scanned using malwarebytes. It did mention something trojan.something but i removed it. But this is using malwarebytes free. I have avast as well but doesnt detect anything.

Its definitely not number lock. I tried this.

The other thing that was strange was after a while... suddenly the mouse and touchpad it did click. But then when i shut the lid of my computer down then opened it up... have same issue. So same problem.

The thing though is i did recently go to certain sites where they have passwords for adult sites... and used it to log in etc. Could this be the cause of it? Thus i used a login and password from someone who posted free username/pass for an adult site.

heres another strange thing. When i click on tab... it would display all the windows i have opened in like a ruler... then each time i press tab... it would go to each window.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/395896-laptop-keyboard-doesnt-work-very-strange-issue.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hey Chat issue trace work - can't doesn't Facebook guys Facebook Chat doesn't work - can't trace issue I really do hope you can help me Facebook Chat doesn't work - can't trace issue I am on win laptop facebook works but I can't send messages chat and inbox- the latter doesn't even load it like takes infinity Oh and no chat conversation history usually too I have a phone being fed from the same exact WIFI wireless router and it all fine and dandy just my laptop I tried the following things Different Browers clear cache history reinstall java system restore and frustrated just got to a hard format but to no avail I still get this problem Things I noticed Before and after the formatting wI get an error syncing my clock to the internet windows time server Action ran out of time or something IDK if that's related to something Also My browser required SLL certificates for secured sites so the ISP provided with the certificate files in its website which without them I can't surf HTTPs I obviously already have that So maybe it's not enough IDK

A:Facebook Chat doesn't work - can't trace issue

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Does the Windows time ever "forget" and is wrong after a shutdown?

What does the time list inside the BIOS?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/facebook-chat-doesnt-work-cant-trace-issue-1003794.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi !!
I am having a bluetooth adapter installed on my PC. Now I wanted to connect my Samsung HM1100 headset with it. It paired and everything but during installation of driver it says "NO DRIVER FOUND". I have tried too many times and I have also installed a bluetooth driver "SILICON WAVE BLUETOOTH DRIVER".
Actually its a dongle I'm having. So it didn't require any drivers but it won't connect to my bluetooth headset.
Help will be appreciated.

A:My bluetooth adapter won't connect to my bluetooth headset

Do you still need assistance with this issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/318376-my-bluetooth-adapter-wont-connect-my-bluetooth-headset.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello I have an issue with my Medialink USB Bluetooth Adapter Bluetooth LIT Adapter's USB Is Bluetooth OFF? Light IS When Blue - Version Class Smart Ready Adapter Model No MUA-BA Let me explain Okay I have setup my Medialink USB Bluetooth Adapter with the drivers for my Windows operating system USB Bluetooth Adapter's Blue Light IS LIT When Bluetooth Is OFF? Now when I plug this USB Bluetooth adapter into my USB port connector on my desktop computer it automatically lights up with a blue light on the Medialink USB Bluetooth Adapter itself and on my Windows system tray notification area I get the Bluetooth icon displayed as ON Then I go ahead and pair the computer and my device s example a Smartphone to connect which they do successfully When I am done using the Bluetooth technology I disconnect the Bluetooth connection from each device and then instead of leaving your USB Bluetooth adapter ON with my Windows operating system I go into my Windows system tray notification area and select Turn Adapter OFF I then get the red Bluetooth icon in my Windows system tray notification area demonstrating that my Bluetooth is indeed OFF and the Bluetooth blue light on the Medialink USB Bluetooth Adapter goes OFF or is not lit any longer Okay so far so good everything is normal However when I shutdown my Windows operating system and then restart the computer at some later point I notice that the Medialink USB Bluetooth Adapter still shows on my Windows system tray notification area as OFF okay normal BUT THE BLUE LIGHT ON THE MEDIA LINK USB BLUETOOTH ADAPTER IS NOW ON The only way I can turn off the blue light on the USB Bluetooth adapter is to manually go through the Windows system tray notification area turn ON the Bluetooth technology and then promptly turn back OFF the Bluetooth technology in order for the Medialink USB Bluetooth Adapter s blue light to go OFF again I find this to be a real pain and chore each time to have to go through these manual steps to turn OFF that Medialink USB Bluetooth Adapter s blue light when the Medialink USB Bluetooth Adapter s blue light SHOULD BE OFF TO BEGIN WITH I would assume after the system re- start and leaving the Medialink USB Bluetooth Adapter plugged into the USB port connector on my desktop computer if the Bluetooth technology is indeed OFF as set with the Windows operating system settings then the Medialink USB Bluetooth Adapter s blue light should be OFF as well BUT IT IS NOT I have no intention of consistently plugging in and out the Medialink USB Bluetooth Adapter when I plan on using it or not but instead leaving the Medialink USB Bluetooth Adapter always plugged into the my USB port connector on my desktop computer at all times and using the Windows system tray notification area s Bluetooth icon to turn ON and OFF the Bluetooth technology when needed I have contacted Medialink Mediabridge and they have informed me the rationale for this issue quot The only reason the light would be lit is if the bus power from that USB port was running I they looked for ways to manage the bus power settings of the USB host but was unable to find anywhere in the Control Panel that would allow you to adjust that particular setting quot Makes perfect sense to me that the bus power for the USB port is ALWAYS RUNNING and the computer starts the USB ports are powered and therefore the Medialink USB Bluetooth Adapter is always lit at system start until I turn off the Medialink USB Bluetooth Adapter via Window 's system tray notification area Specifically the Medialink USB Bluetooth Adapter is connected to one of the USB ports on the front of my desktop computer The front desktop USB port connects to one of the USB pin connectors on my ASUS P Q motherboard Further I have an OLDER ASUS P Q motherboard that does NOT support Bluetooth as part of its BIOS settings -- PRE-Bluetooth capability Therefore I installed the software on my Windows Professional -bit and drivers that came with my Medialink USB Bluetooth Adapt... Read more

A:USB Bluetooth Adapter's Blue Light IS LIT When Bluetooth Is OFF?

Hi, can you give a 20 word or less problem summary please, I got lost in those wordy details.

I am no BT expert or anything, but all I read was complaining about a light being on, which a piece of black electrical tape fixes around my house, regularly *cough* fire alarms.

If the maker of the device doesn't have a solve to your issue... that is usually the end of the road with a cliff.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/293540-usb-bluetooth-adapters-blue-light-lit-when-bluetooth-off.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi guys just found out this place seems to be a good forum so I try it here Last night I got hold of a quot BenQ GL is work HDMI display plugged Issue: Main doesn't when HM so far so good I have my main display from the DVI port to HDMI port on the screen and my secondary screen is my quot TV which is connected through HDMI port Issue: Main display doesn't work when HDMI is plugged on the graphic card into the HDMI port in my reciever The main scheme for my setup is like - Radeon DVI gt HDMI Main monitor BenQ GL - Radeon HDMI gt HDMI Reciever ONKYO TX-NR - ONKYO TX-NR gt quot TV So to the problem now When the HDMI cable is connected to the graphic card I need to have my TV ON in order for my main monitor the BenQ to work and if I turn off the TV the BenQ is getting black like a standby mode however there is quot no signal quot to the monitor This was never a problem with my other screen I could have the HDMI cable connected to the graphic card the TV off and the reciever OFF without the main monitor went black I hope I expressed myself good enough for you too understand if not please reply Thanks in advance

A:Issue: Main display doesn't work when HDMI is plugged

Noone got a clue?

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/34021-issue-main-display-doesnt-work-when-hdmi-plugged.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi i have have an Inspiron series bought about months ago On the laptop there are video card one integrated video card intel HD graphics and one dedicated video card AMD Radeon R M The problem is simple the dedicated video card doesn t work actually i can t even understand if it activates or not I m gonna explain better When i bought the laptop i didn t noticed anything wrong AMD Radeon issue, M270 Video card work R7 doesn't with that probably because the laptop was very fast much faster then my old Video card AMD Radeon R7 M270 issue, doesn't work one About one month ago i had to use some programs for graphics d modeling and rendering and i noticed that there was something wrong qith the video card Then i tried to deativate the integrated intel graphic to verify if the dedicated video card properly works As i deativate the intel graphic card the pc started using another video card don t remember the ecactly the name but looked like if it was a basic video card intergrated in the laptop - for sure a very poor video card But the main problem was that the dedicated video card did t start working Then i deativate the integrated radeon video card and reactivate the integrated intel video card surprisingly i noticed that some programms games or d modelling programms started working faster and more fluently Now the dedicated videocard is not active but of course i wanna use it The diagnostic service on the dell website doen t even detect the amd video card of course i have activated the amd video card before running the diagnostic utility Hope that someone helps me solve this problem since i m still using a worst video card or better i m not using the best videocard i have Thank you in advance If you need further information or explanations don t esitate to ask Andrea

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19985900
Relevancy 58.48%

Pasting in contextual information from another post OBconflicker Bi nf worm keeps reappearing windows defender monitor stops working slow computer windows search protocol windows pop up Malware virusPop up windows keep appearing quot Windows search protocol host stopped working stopped, protocol search work, doesn't firefox work microsoft host windows slow, itunes doesn't and was closed quot Itunes occassionally doesn t work Media Sync doesn t work Hard Drive keeps working microsoft windows search protocol host stopped, slow, firefox doesn't work, itunes doesn't work in the microsoft windows search protocol host stopped, slow, firefox doesn't work, itunes doesn't work background Windows Defender no longer monitors the running programs End of added information microsoft windows search protocol host stopped, slow, firefox doesn't work, itunes doesn't work OBLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Digital Media Reader readericon G exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Intel IntelDH CCU CCU TrayIcon exeC Program Files Common Files Intel IntelDH NMS Support IntelHCTAgent exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exeC Windows WindowsMobile wmdc exeC Windows System hkcmd exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Windows sttray exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp nkapg r exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp smss exeC Program Files BullGuard Ltd BullGuard BullGuard exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Windows system WerFault exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp win exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp csrss exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp system exeC Program Files Intel IntelDH CCU CCU Engine exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low services exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low smss exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low notepad exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low Low win exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low Low win exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low Low login exeC Program Files BullGuard Ltd BullGuard BGScan exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http home mywebsearch com index jhtml pt amp n ce dR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit C Windows system winlogon exeO - Hosts localhost Inserted By STOPzilla O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dllO - HKLM Run readericon C Program Files Digital Media Reader readericon G exeO - HKLM Run Recguard WINDIR SMINST RECGUARD EXEO - HKLM Run Reminder WINDIR Creator Remind XP exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Progr... Read more

A:microsoft windows search protocol host stopped, slow, firefox doesn't work, itunes doesn't work

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/289777/microsoft-windows-search-protocol-host-stopped-slow-firefox-doesnt-work-itunes-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello I have an HP pavillion desktop s f with Atheros a b g n Dualband Wireless Module and D-Link router DIR- My numerous Laptops and iPhons iPads work fine but "n" Atheros doesn't router work Wifi with adapter this desktop which is further away from the router in another room about meters only shows - bars of wifi First I bought a Atheros Wifi adapter doesn't work with "n" router big additional D-Link antenna Ghz Atheros Wifi adapter doesn't work with "n" router but it didn't really help - sometimes connction shows bars I was told this antenna should help a lot Then I checked with my router settings and saw that the HP Atheros Wifi adapter doesn't work with "n" router uses quot g quot connection when everything else uses quot n quot I even set it to only use quot n quot but still it shows the HP using quot g quot I updated the driver Atheros for AR B but it didn't help I have quot n quot enabled in Atheros in Device manager Now I'm lost and can't think of anything else that can be a problem and or how to fix it I don't have any thick walls between the router and the HP my iPhone seems to work in this room just fine Please help THANK YOU

A:Atheros Wifi adapter doesn't work with "n" router

Out of curoisity, are you suffering any symptoms of lack of signal qualities (glitchy video/slow connectivity)?

And what speed does the HP Desktop show it being connected at?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/201016-atheros-wifi-adapter-doesnt-work-n-router.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Dear all I thought I have met adapter the intel PCI-E USB wireless 5300 wireless doesn't Then work. this problem before before my two wireless adapters both stopped working PCI-E INTEL TP-LINK WN N My case is a little different from those I found on this forum When I upgraded my thinkpad x to win bit I don't have quot PCI-E intel 5300 wireless doesn't work. Then the USB wireless adapter Wireless Network Connection quot but I fixed it by stopping one setting of Kaspersky and it came back so when I first found my PCI-E wireless didn't work I thought the same thing happened although I didn't remember the details I tried the Kaspersky don't work I updated the drivers uninstall-install start-stop-start WLAN AutoConfig I have done a lot that can be searched on line never worked for me Tragedy happened I adjusted several common options on BIOS then after several tries I made to make work USB wireless died Don't know how to recover it and back to my laptop again Could anyone here help me out Really appreciate it I have spent two days on this stuff if no one can do this I guess the only way is to reinstall the OS that's the least thing I want to do Thanks Mic PS Unavailable wireless adapters have all zero Mac addresses also can't be found in control panel

A:PCI-E intel 5300 wireless doesn't work. Then the USB wireless adapter

Problem solved. Thanks anyway.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/121544-pci-e-intel-5300-wireless-doesnt-work-then-usb-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello,

I have an MSI P6N diamond motherboard. I purchased a Cavalry 500gb external hard drive a while back. It can connect via USB or eSata. My motherboard comes with an onbaord eSata port, but the drive does not come up in post nor is it detected in Windows Vista if connected there. However, I also have an eSata adapter bracket, and the drive is seen when connected there. So is the onboard eSata port dead, or is there something I can do to make this work? I'm getting an external enclosure that also connects via eSata, and I'd rather not install another bracket if possible.

Thanks.

A:Onboard eSata doesn't work, but eSata adapter does

So I have my new external enclosure, and that is detected by my pc through the onboard eSATA connection, so this port isn't dead. I have no idea why the other drive can only be detected through the eSATA adapter. If it was the cable, it probably wouldn't work at all, right? If it was the port, it probably wouldn't work at all.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/onboard-esata-doesnt-work-but-esata-adapter-does.112940/
Relevancy 57.19%

hi, I know there are many in the forum who have the same problem as mine. 

my computer was running fine last friday. I tried to start it on saturday, it says it can't startup and need to repair startup. I did run the repair but still can't startup. I tried to use system restore to earlier dates, it still can't startup. The computer has trojan virus before and I tried the anti-malware from internet to kill them. seems that it create more problem for my PC. I have some important files in the computer that I wish I have archived. 

wonder if any one can help. thx in advance.

A:can't start up computer-window7, repair doesn't work, restore doesn't work

I'll report this topic to appropriate helpers.
Hold on there...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493688/cant-start-up-computer-window7-repair-doesnt-work-restore-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 57.19%

Help my windows 7 laptop just keeps rebooting and i cant get to safe mode or recovery what should i do ?

A:system recovery doesn't work and safe mode doesn't work and just keeps reboting

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/631274/system-recovery-doesnt-work-and-safe-mode-doesnt-work-and-just-keeps-reboting/
Relevancy 57.19%

If you or anyone even suggests a dump, I will get angry. From what I know this is a known issue and nobody in the world gives a crap. Be the first please. 3 Computer stores did not help me. I was all like this "great for helping thankyou so much thankyou for looking at my pc ty ty ty. Now run Left 4 Dead 2." -Reply- "Your computer is finnnnneeee now, take it home, we dumped, should get rid of any BSOD issues, NOW HAVE A NICE DAY " EACH FREAKING TIME IT GETS THE SAME ISSUE WITH ANY GAME RUN IN FULLSCREEN. IVE TRIED EVERY SINGLE DRIVER. GIVE ME SOME STRAIGHT INFO IF YOU HAVE ANY KNOWLEDGE BECAUSE THE GUYS I TALKED TO DID NOT. I'VE BEEN UNABLE TO USE MY PC FOR 2 YEARS, EVERY STARTUP SOUND MAKES ME WANT TO PUNCH BABIES.

A:How Do you freaking solve atikmpag.sys BSOD Issue - hint, a wipe doesn't work

The last answer here http://social.answers.microsoft.com...e/thread/5f0aebb6-b9b6-4a5d-a622-97c62dbb3d66
says "This completely solved the issue for me. I can play all kinds of videos and could turn on flash hardware acceleration again with no more BSOD."

I had a similar problem (with my Gigabyte HD 5870), H246 videos would make my computer BSOD in win7, citing atikmpag.sys as the problem and just crash the drivers in winXP. Same with youtube videos if I had flash hardware acceleration on.
Solution:
The problem was that my motherboard (which is like 2-3 years old) had a too old VGA Bios version and the solution is obviously to update it.
Now both my motherboard and HD 5870 are from Gigabyte and this is how I did.
1. Download VGA Tools [email protected] from: http://www.gigabyte.eu/Support/VGA/Utility_List.aspx
(the app in the top row)
2. Download the latest Bios VGA binary file for your graphics card. Now Gigabyte have their own system for their graphics cards names and mine was "GV-R587UD-1GD". Usually you can find this name on your receipt or on the box somewhere. Alt. you could install the [email protected] tool and it's display the name for you.
3. When you have the Gigabyte-name for your graphics card goto http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/download-center.aspx and search for the name there.
4. Click your graphics card, Downloads, choose Bios under Download type and download the latest version unless it's a beta version. I used version F8 (on 2010-09-07). When you've downloaded the file, just unpack to your desktop.
5. Install the [email protected] tool and restart your computer just to be sure.
6. Run the [email protected] tool, backup your current bios file (mine was just version F3 when latest was F8 :S)
7. Click the Flash button and select the binary file you downloaded in step 3 and let the tool do its job and then restart your computer when it asks you to.

This completely solved the issue for me. I can play all kinds of videos and could turn on flash hardware acceleration again with no more BSOD.
I hope that's something that might work?

Richard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-you-freaking-solve-atikmpag-sys-bsod-issue-hint-a-wipe-doesnt-work.973694/
Relevancy 55.04%

I am trying to use my CD-ROM drive and it doesn't work here are the list of things I have tried

Uninstalled and reinstalled the cd-rom driver it is a Matbleepa UJ-840D CD-ROM/DVD/CD-RW in my HP laptop (Didn't work)

Read stuff about code 39 and removed in the registry edit screen Upperfilters, Upperfilters.bak, Lowerfilters, Lowerfilters.bak and rebooted (Didn't work)

Removed itunes from computer (didn't solve the issue with cd-rom player)

Went back to a system restore point that was before the last time I used the CD-rom player and it worked and that (didn't work as well)

Read a lot of different posts about code 39 and nothing is given after the above steps are taken if it still won't work except to reformat which I would prefer not to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:CD-ROM doesn't work, code 39 error, tried many things still doesn't work

1. Uninstall the drive through Device Manager.Restart computer. The drive will be automatically reinstalled.or...2. Delete Upper & Lower Filters http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116Restart computer.or...3. Download, and run Restore Missing CD Drive patchDouble click on cdgone.zip to unzip it.Right click on cdgone.reg, click Merge.Accept registry merge.Restart computer.or...4. Go to Device Manager, click a "+" sign next to IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.You'll see two items:- ATA Channel0 (or Primary Channel)- ATA Channel1 (or Secondary Channel)Right click on each of them, and click Uninstall. Confirm.Restart Windows. They'll be automatically reinstalled.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/443264/cd-rom-doesnt-work-code-39-error-tried-many-things-still-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey guys im not one how post on these much just needing a little help with a head beater!

I have a customer xps M2010 it has windows 7 32-bit 4gbs of ram

Im currently running windows updates too SP1

So im not sure if Its ever connected its keyboard with windows 7 installed befor i got to this machine.

Iv installed the bluetooth drivers from the dell site and ran the patch update but once i reboot the system the Bluetooth is not showing in device manager! I'v tried running the drivers as Admin but now change and iv also tried about 3 Keyboard on the system.

Has any one had this issue before?

Iv had another one that did this some while back and i couldent rember how to get it to stick. but i was able to type in the Bluetooth pairing numbers and it stayed.
Any help is much appreciated!

A:XPS M2010 Bluetooth- Keyboard sync issue - bluetooth

OK so new up date.

iv gotten the keyboard to sync on post. so im able to use the keyboard in the bios and boot options Etc.

Now when i get into windows the system isn't pick up the keyboard. iv reinstalled the drivers and tried to install the patch but the system can find the blue tooth chip.

so now i know its able to connect but windows, im trying to get to the Bluetooth setting but i was unable to fine it in control panel when i did a search, any ideas on what i should do next.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/200291-xps-m2010-bluetooth-keyboard-sync-issue-bluetooth.html
Relevancy 55.04%

well i decided to go full bluetooth because im tired of spending money on replacment headphones and broken tangled cables so i brought myself some Tone infinium HBS- bluetooth headphones now on my phone that supports APT-X these things are amazing but on my bluetooth i escape (Bluetooth Crackling to issue) hell? how this computer it seems that im plagued with interference and sound crackling so i swapped out my realtek AC wireless wifi card and brought a intel Dualband bluetooth for a while it seemed to be working and now its again crackling and shuddering its driving me nuts then i brought THIS so that i can make anything bluetooth just to my disappointment that i dont think these thing scan connect to each other how to i escape this bluetooth hell? (Bluetooth Crackling issue) i mean how would i connect to things that have no gui together but someone said they have done it ant it works fine but i can for the life of me find out how to do it i have already trying updating the drivers on my computer and i ave the latest but if i cover my bluetooth or even move feet away from it it crackles and disconnects sometimes it was not doing that at first and i only tested it with my pc but yea i tried phones and they are flawless i could go outside of my apartment and i would be connected on all phones but not on my pc

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/44539-how-i-escape-bluetooth-hell-bluetooth-crackling-issue.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi, I have a windows 7. I have found the bluetooth in my computer, it says "fsquirt" aswell. When I open the file, it says send files or recieve files. So if i click on Send Files, it says " select where to send your files" with a large box under it which i cannot type in. If i press recieve files, it says " windows was unable to transfer some files, an address incompatible with the requested protocol was used.

So i dont know how to fix this!?! Help please? I'm trying to send videos from my phone to my computer via bluetooth!
Thanks!

A:(Bluetooth on computer) I've got bluetooth but it wont work! HELP!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bluetooth-on-computer-ive-got-bluetooth-but-it-wont-work-help.944053/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello there community people.
I'm new here and need a serious attention to fix my problem.
I really need some help here,Since two days trying to fix this issue but still no luck.

i do not know how to describe my problem but i have attached one image that shows 'Bluetooth USB' in device manager,
was that normal?furthermore i can't even send any file via bluetooth,Am i missing something here?

Please help.

A:Bluetooth Radio Issue (NO Bluetooth Detected)

You need to give the exact model number for your ASUS.

But have you checked the ASUS website for the bt driver for your model.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/397464-bluetooth-radio-issue-no-bluetooth-detected.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Alright guys, I have just refreshed my pc because I was having numerous problems with it and it turned out to be a bad stick of RAM. However, now I am having software issues. Whenever I try to make a call on the desktop version of skype, the program crashes. Whenever I try to open HP support assistant, the program crashes. When i am using the metro app version of skype I get a weird artifacting type problem on any of the buttons. I have this same problem in internet explorer and on Netflix. Netflix will not play on Chrome. It will play on IE, but with the button artifacting problems. My computer will not pair via bluetooth with my phone. What would be your recommended course of action? I don't know where to begin. I have tried updating drivers and the like but it has not helped.

Thank you

A:Bluetooth won't work, skype won't work, ntflix won;t work

Microsoft zune won't work either. It crashes when trying to set up.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/40103-bluetooth-wont-work-skype-wont-work-ntflix-won-t-work.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I'm having a really strange problem and am wondering if anyone has encountered this I tried to save a file and got an error on saving it so I quit the program The file appears as if it was never saved and doesn't show up in directory listing GUI or File Exists (Doesn't) Rename Because Cannot File cmd exe However if I try to rename any other file to that filename it says quot Cannot rename file because file exists quot and appends a number to the end I cannot remove the number This happens both in the Cannot Rename File Because File (Doesn't) Exists GUI and cmd exe as well So basically cmd exe del says the file does not exist but ren says a duplicate file name exists Tried restarting as well I have no idea how to delete that quot ghost quot of a file so I can actually use the filename I checked folder options and it's not a hidden file or anything like that - it just doesn't exist but it does

A:Cannot Rename File Because File (Doesn't) Exists

open disk management ..if you don't know how to find it, just right click on "computer" from the start menu and select manage, then scroll down to disk management to open it.
right click on the partition where you tried to save the file.. or C:\ if you don't have extra partitions or more than one HDD
select properties and click on the "tools" tab
click "check now" under error checking, and on the next pop up, check 'automatically fix file system errors' and press start.. select yes when asked if you would like to schedule for the next restart, then restart your computer and let the disk check run.
If that doesn't work there are other options

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/116391-cannot-rename-file-because-file-doesnt-exists.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I reformatted my laptop, an Asus k43sj, 2 days ago. And I am looking for drivers over the net. But I can't find a bluetooth module(according to Driver Toolkit which I downloaded to find what drivers I lack). I uninstalled it on Device Manager and reinstalled it and actually hoped it will work but to no luck, it didn't. I need help on how to bring my bluetooth to work again.

A:How do I fix my bluetooth adapter?

Can we have your Bluetooth model, and make.

You should be able to find this in device manager

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/345505-how-do-i-fix-my-bluetooth-adapter.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I bought this thinking I could connect a bluetooth headset, I was wrong. What purposes does http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320057 this do?

A:USB Bluetooth adapter

It connects your PC to any other device that is Bluetooth enabled.
For instance, mobile phone. You use it to transfer files, (mp3 .jpg or video) to or from your devices.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-bluetooth-adapter.174225/
Relevancy 51.6%

hi
i want to buy myself a Bluetooth adapter for my PC to listen to music through my bluetooth headset but i want to make sure that there is correct drivers for that how do i check it up
or maybe someone could just post a good reliable bluetooth adapter
thanks in advance

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/68382-bluetooth-adapter.html
Relevancy 51.6%

If I got a bluetooth adapter for my computer could I use the bluetooth headset for my cellphone to talk on skype through my computer?

Thanks,
JTN

A:bluetooth adapter

http://www.bluesoleil.com/download/index.asp

Have a look on there. try the first in the list, I think that had a headset option. If no luck, try the VoIP version.

Great software for bluetooth.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bluetooth-adapter.535491/
Relevancy 51.6%

I am trying to find a bluetooth adapter that will work w/ a vista 64 bit so that I can use my Palm. I have found some but have read a lot about nothing being compatible. Is this true? Charlotte

A:Bluetooth adapter

Hello Charlotte,

Welcome to the Forum.
Any bluetooth dongle adapter like this should work with Vista. If it's what you are asking for.
I have got build in bluetooth on my notebook and I run 64bit OS without problem.
Hope it helps.

Cheers...

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/237790-bluetooth-adapter.html
Relevancy 51.6%

i went to a computer store,
and
they told me that my netbook needs an adapter in order to transfer data wirelessly from Android.
Is there another way to do this?

A:bluetooth adapter?

Quote: Originally Posted by fluidmotion

i went to a computer store,
and
they told me that my netbook needs an adapter in order to transfer data wirelessly from Android.
Is there another way to do this?

Bluetooth is the easiest (read "least hassle") way of transferring data to your netbook from an Android device. I got a "nano" Bluetooth adapter for my Toshiba laptop, it worked nicely. It sticks out approximately 3/8" (7mm) and was under 10 USD.

If you don't want to go that route, then you can use sync software. I use My Phone Explorer (free). Once you have it set up, you can access your Android device as if it were a networked PC on your home LAN.

Another alternative is to use a USB cable. Set your Android device to Disk Drive under Connect to PC. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that this allows access to data on the SD Card only. Not a problem on my phone as it saves pictures and videos to a folder on the SD Card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/232825-bluetooth-adapter.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm running Vista Home premium. I have a usb bluetooth adapter that works great in xp, but I cannot get it to work in Vista.
It is an ISSC adapter running Widcomm 1.4.3. build 4 software.
It installed in Vista with the disk that came with it, yet it will not show up in the taskbar at all. It does show up in the Device manager.
I tried to install the newest version of the widcomm software, yet it says it cannot find a bluetooth device on my system. Its plugged in and blinking.
any ideas? thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-bluetooth-adapter.607660/
Relevancy 51.6%

Im trying to find an Bluetooth adapter thats defiantly working with Win7 64bit. I checked the Win7 comparability page and it only lists two that are compatible so far.

So if you have a USB adapter and Win7, and they are working without you have to have jumped through hoops, will you please let me know what brand and model it is? Thanks

A:Bluetooth Adapter

I can't vouch for 64-bit support, but the Azio BTD-V201 installed easily and works flawlessly under Windows 7 32-bit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/37637-bluetooth-adapter.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Have a nice pair of Bluetooth headphones and trying to get them hooked up to the sound of my older TV. Is there some kind of adapter you can buy to to hook up to the audio out of the TV so I can connect the 2 via Bluetooth? I just don't wanna pay for another pair of headphones. I just want the reciever.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-adapter.210034/
Relevancy 51.6%

hey guys,
i got my laptop in store so i didnt have the option to have bluetooth with it and im looking to add bluetooth to it cause my phone has it and its realy useful (who knew) an i was wondering i don't want it sticking out the side prefeibly unseen internal if you have a manual with pictures ( =] ) or a i have onle of these things.
a SD.MS/Pro.MMC.XD slot i wonder can you get a bluetooth one of those but i would prefer to have it internal.

compaq presario CQ6-216TU windows vista home premium 32bit OS

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/227303-where-do-i-put-bluetooth-adapter.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi there i m Brian Asked adapter Bluetooth 4.0 for help few months ago with my laptop which you guys were great with and much appreciated I have a new question I could use some help Bluetooth 4.0 adapter with Desktop I built about - years ago before bluetooth was as big as it is now I m Bluetooth 4.0 adapter looking for a adapter but not exactly sure if there s a better brand to get I know that like HDMI cables a will work as well as a one but am looking for recommendations So far this is what i ve been able to find http www tigerdirect com applic adapter http www pricegrabber com bluet adapter http www ebay com sch i html t amp from R Some are pretty cheap which is great but some are companies i ve also never heard of Paying for a brand name is one thing but i d like someone reputable Any suggestions comments etc is appreciated Thanks Brian nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bluetooth-4-0-adapter.1106894/
Relevancy 51.6%

after installing a Belkin Blueetooth adapter in my PC, it locks up my other NIC that is hooled up to my LAN.
Any ideas as to fix it?

A:Bluetooth adapter

It sounds like a conflict between the two. Have you set your bluetooth up? http://www.belkin.com/support/dl/F5D7050v3_UK_Manual.pdf Jazz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bluetooth-adapter.700298/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hiii I have recently purchased a Bluetooth Adapter: Bluetooth dongle it's tiny because I lost the st one When I bought first dongle I had to spend hours and hours installing uninstalling drivers etc because there was no driver CD and I had to search myself Also the dongle didn't have any brand mark on it or the packaging I tried BlueSoleil and have never experienced a worst piece of software in my entire life Broadcom drivers wouldn't work either But somehow I managed to get it working and got it connected with my Nokia mobile and everything was great Then I lost it I Bluetooth Adapter: bought this new adapter It isn't the same and again I'm going through the same trouble I've tried BlueSoleil but it's sh t like always doesn't even work properly Broadcom won't find the dongle The bluetooth on the notifications pops up thought but it won't find or recieve from my phone Searched for drivers with no luck The brand name was RTCC or something but I can't remember specifically cuz someone threw the packagaing away again without CD I have no idea what I did to fix the first one and I can't get this stupid thing to work I'm using Windows Windows Update won't find drivers for it also Any ideas Thanks

A:Bluetooth Adapter:

Hi Telefang and welcome to Windows 7 Forums

Are there any identifying numbers on the adapter, such as a Serial Number? Please post back with as much info as you can.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/98714-bluetooth-adapter.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I bought a couple of cheap ($7 - $12) Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB adapters for my Windows desktop and laptop a couple of months ago which came with old, trial or limited bluetooth drivers and software. I assume this is because I both the cheap stuff. Any recommendations on good Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB adapters (preferably those mini mini nano ones) that supports most bluetooth profiles (including stereo) and packaged with good drivers/software?

TIA

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/better-bluetooth-adapter.833144/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey,

I got a Bluetooth USB adapter (model number is ES-388, no brand) so that I could use my Bluetooth A2DP headset with my Windows 7 PC, but I can't seem to get it to work. Windows does not recognize the device (the adapter), and won't activate it.

Is there a driver that I need to install? The adapter itself came with nothing...

A:Bluetooth USB Adapter ES-388 V2.0

OK, so I've given up on this adapter. It works now for everything BUT A2DP, so I want to get something else.

Does anyone know of a good Bluetooth adapter that definitely can do A2DP on Windows 7 RC/RTM?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/26060-bluetooth-usb-adapter-es-388-v2-0-a.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Is it necessary to have one that is a "printer adapter" or will any bluetooth adapter let you use a bluetooth printer with it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bluetooth-printer-adapter.451063/
Relevancy 51.17%

Have recently purchased a USB Bluetooth Adapter (D-Link DBT 120) and can't seem to get it to connect to my Nokia 7650 phone.

Have successfully paired the device but get the following error messages when connecting.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Start up:

BTTray
Error:Unable to start the bluetooth stack service
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before serial connection:

The bluetooth serial port com0 will be used when connecting to device Nokia 7650.
Applications that use this service must be configured to communicate using com0. It can be started at any time.
When trying to connect:

Bluetooth serial port connection failed. Remote device closed the connection.

Have tried reinstalling the software but each time the above error messages appear. Have also had a look at the D-link website but was no help at all.

Would appreciate any help that can point me in the right direction.

Cheers Jambo.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-bluetooth-adapter-problems.162916/
Relevancy 51.17%

I just got a Palm Centro and conveniently (not really) the usb cable to connect to my phone to computer isn't compatable with 64 bit systems. So I was informed that I should simply buy a Bluetooth adapter to "hotsync" my phone..blah blah blah.

after buying the bluetooth I realized that my computer was not recognizing the new hardware b/c IT isn't compatable with,..you guessed it...64 bit os...and then they say I have to buy another one. Now, I guess this seems like more complaining than a question, but my level of frustration is immense, so I apologize, but does anyone know a way to fix this issue short of the obvious(buying another flippin adapter)? I mean, is Kensington so cheap and lazy that they cannot get their "experts" to write a patch or update for patrons with a 64 bit system?

A:Bluetooth adapter blues

A cable wouldn't have anything to do with 64-bit compatibility. That lies with the device, not the connection method. If the phone doesn't support connectivity with a 64-bit OS, a Bluetooth adapter isn't going to make a difference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bluetooth-adapter-blues.837250/
Relevancy 51.17%

So, I have this keyboard/mouse set, I had to send it back because the mouse buttons mucked up, and on my new one, my pc isn't recognising my new bluetooth usb dongle.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboards/keyboard_mice_combos/devices/164&cl=gb,en

I uninstalled and reinstalled the mouse software, but its supposed to be all plug and play anyway!

Could someone give me some help on this

Thanks

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello all, I'm looking for a thumbnail size Bluetooth adapter compatible with Windows 10. I did a bit of searching on amazon and newegg and there aren't that many. For those that are available, they're not well known brands. I prefer known brands. Any recommendations are appreciated!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bluetooth-adapter-for-windows-10.1153780/
Relevancy 51.17%

Ugh Okay Soooo A little back story before we start Last computer I had was a Dell Inspiron laptop I was gifted a Adapter, Bluetooth MY OH USB, Vista- wireless pen tablet for Christmas and USB, Bluetooth Adapter, Vista- OH MY bought a Bluetooth adapter to use in my computer so I could actually use it Apparently I bought the stupid adapter Blue Soleil- lots of problems with the drivers so the simple fix was to delete the company s drivers and just use Vista Home Basic s built in Bluetooth driver That worked fine until I bought a new computer the other day It s an HP running Vista s Home Premium I plugged in my adapter and at -first- it read it and the little Bluetooth icon popped up in the tray by the clock and it said it was installing the drivers I figured this was just Vista s built-in driver and that s what I needed for my wireless to work I didn t install ANY of the Blue Soleil drivers I planned on it ready to work-- Wrong After it showed up briefly and quot installed quot whenever I plug in the USB device it doesn t find it Usually a little blue light shows up on my USB adapter saying that it s ready to find devices it has no discovery button or anything just always kind of worked but when I plug it into any of the USB ports on my laptop nothing I can t even find the driver Vista installed and it s not even powering on so I can t hook up my Bluetooth device Is there anyway I can at least FIND the driver for the adapter I checked hardware and devices and I can t find a thing same with the USB hubs or at least get my adapter to power on I tried restarting and all that lovely business but still nothing Help please nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-bluetooth-adapter-vista-oh-my.741487/
Relevancy 51.17%

Installed a Logitech bluetooth keyboard to xp sp3 computer, keyboard works but I cannot see the adapter anywhere in device manager. I am trying to also pair the adapter with my Blackberry. When I enable bluetooth on cell phone it does not see my pc. Any suggestions

A:[SOLVED] Cannot see bluetooth adapter

You are going to need the Blackberry software for it to work I believe.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-cannot-see-bluetooth-adapter-709065.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all,

I recently encounter problem of sending files via bluetooth. I cannot send files using send to> bluetooth option by right clicking on the files.

In addition, I also encounter problem expanding the youtube description when I clicked on "See more".

I have also attached a pdf document that shows the problem that I have encounter.

Thanks in advance.

A:Problem with bluetooth adapter

Welcome Bluking.

First thing to try, I suggest you hold the left shift key down and right click on a file, then check the Sent To menu to see if there is a Bluetooth option.

---

Very quickly, check the send to folder to see if there is a Bluetooth shortcut.

To do this, click the start globe/button and input the following line into that little search box at the bottom of the menu - replacing the word USER with your username.

C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo

E.g., if my username was Seb9, I would put:

C:\Users\Seb9\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo

Tap the enter key and a new window should open, with shortcuts in it.

---

If you do not see a Bluetooth one and you have bluetooth software installed, I suggest you run a repair on the installation, just as an idea.

To do this, you'll need to go to your control panel, go to "Uninstall a program", find the bluetooth software and click repair (or uninstall and reinstall).

---

Another idea is to check the Bluetooth settings for a setting to create a shortcut in the sent to folder.

____

With your YouTube issue, hopefully closing and reopening the browser and/or system restart should fix that one.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problem-with-bluetooth-adapter-579195.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I just bought a Kensington Bluetooth USB adaptor.
I've installed the software but when i plug it in i see this.

Something to do with the driver i'm guessing. I emailed tech support, no help. I"m just wonding what that means and how i can fix it.
I have windows XP pro, I know the thing is in a plugged in properly because the light on it is blinking.

Any help would be cool. thanks in advance!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bluetooth-adapter-blues.208473/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello,
I have tried paring my Laptop with my Blackberry, but get a service error message when I check the box marked "Turn on Discovery"

My Phones bluetooth is on but will not find devices.
Please Help.

Thanks

A:Belkin Bluetooth Adapter

Has this worked before OR is this a new installation of the bluetooth adaptor.
Has the adaptor been recognised
See this please
http://en-us-support.belkin.com/app...FyY2hUeXBlIjoibWVudWZpbHRlciJ9fX19fSwiYyI6Mn0.

That service error message on selecting Turn On discovery is more than likely a driver issue for the adapator.
Is there a warning on device manager for the Belkin.

On a more general basis if this is a new installation - does this assist
http://www.ehow.com/how_5128365_install-bluetooth-windows-xp.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-bluetooth-adapter.976871/
Relevancy 51.17%

I installed windows 8 pro 64x on my fujitsu lifebook ah530 two days ago, and since then i can't start my bluetooth adapter so I can pair with other bluetooth devices. it used to work just fine with windows 7.and the drivre seems to be ok at device manager. can any one help me. image is attached

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/13909-my-bluetooth-adapter-dont-start.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I was wondering if bluetooth USB adapter with problem? anyone help some one could help me out iv just reently bought the anyone help with USB bluetooth adapter problem? nokia and wanted to connect to my pc via bluetooth adpater I have Now i was using this adapter with another phone with the Widcomm drivers installed on windows xp service pack I installed anyone help with USB bluetooth adapter problem? the service pack and still windows recognised the adapter as widcomm so no problems now since getting the new phone you have to use a programme called nokia pc suite ver which says it requires widcomm bluetooth stack version or above otherwise the phone anyone help with USB bluetooth adapter problem? would not connect with the pc hence i cant use pc suite im assumin they mean just mean a newer version of the software So when I downloaded the widcomm software from a website i installed the software but windows would not recognise the adapter and says the drivers are not currently installed also the widcomm software itself says quot bluetooth device not found quot while it is plugged in and used to work before so i keep goin to device manager gt bluetooth adapter gt update driver and Ive asked windows to search for it but to no avail it doesnt find anything ive even asked it to search in the locations where ive downloaded the programme hoping it would locate the driver I dont know what the driver is to be honest as iv looked through the files of the widcomm programme So i dont know what I should be looking for otherwise i wouldve tried pasting the driver into the windows system drivers folder can anyone help any ideas

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/anyone-help-with-usb-bluetooth-adapter-problem-37778.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Zoom USB bluetooth adapter (model 4322) installed with the included Bluesoleil software and drivers. I am using this with a logitech bluetooth mouse model v470 and Vista ultimate x64 with SP1 and all updates installed. When the mouse is not in use for about 30 seconds it disconnects. I try moving the mouse to wake up/ reconnect and there is a long pause (@ 15 seconds) before I am able to use it again. The mouse works normally on another system and another bluetooth mouse exibits the same symptoms. I have disable the power management in the drivers of the USB port but still the problem persists. Can anyone suggest anything sle which might help? Zoom Tech support has been responsive but the problem is really getting top be annoying

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/220130-usb-bluetooth-adapter-problems.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I installed an IOGear USB Bluetooth Adapter I run WinXP SP with latest updates on a Adapter USB Bluetooth Issues Lanova R i I can pair my Jawbone Bluetooth headset with the USB Adapter but am unable to use it for Skype calls as advertised Even when I go to control USB Bluetooth Adapter Issues panel and set up the device for USB Bluetooth Adapter Issues use with Skype it is not recognized in Skype options Also - when I open network connections the Personal Area Network appears on the list but it shows it USB Bluetooth Adapter Issues is disconnected There is no way to connect it that I can see I know I have the latest drive stack for bluetooth enumerator and device amp versions But why can't I get this stuff to work All the reviews said plug it in and use it easy hmmm My ultimate goal here is to be able to use my Jawbone Bluetooth Handsfree with Skype on my laptop via the IOGear USB Bluetooth Adapter Appreciate any ideas anyone might have Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usb-bluetooth-adapter-issues-348587.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello,
Can somebody tell me how i can solv a problem with a bluetooth adapter of trust.
i cant install de program because he doesn,t  see de bluetooth adapter.
my windows is windows 8

with kind regard Mike Boogaard

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/19cd4ecc-f5e7-469f-b7de-b03bfda30903/bluetooth-adapter-of-trust?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 50.74%

Is there any bluetooth adapter out there that I can connect to my PC Bluetooth Multi-purpose Adapter PC and that is both able to transfer data as well as be A DP compliant Specifically I want it to be able to fulfill the following tasks transmit Multi-purpose PC Bluetooth Adapter data wirelessly between my bluetooth enabled phone and my Multi-purpose PC Bluetooth Adapter PC pretty basic allow me to listen to music on my PC wirelessly using my stereo bluetooth headset allow me to do the reverse of and listen to audio on my phone through Multi-purpose PC Bluetooth Adapter the speakers attached to my computer I know can be done in a round about way transmit the audio files from the phone to the PC then listen to them using a media player but it would be nice if this could be done directly I ve seen USB adapters that will allow for and and adapters that will allow for through a quot line-in quot port on the PC soundcard or other stereo system but none that incorporates them all I would think a device that could do all three would be out there somewhere Anyone been able to do this nbsp

A:Multi-purpose PC Bluetooth Adapter

Something like these?

http://www.buy.com/cat/Bluetooth_USB_Adapter_Bluetooth_Hands-Free_Wireless/16626.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multi-purpose-pc-bluetooth-adapter.104964/
Relevancy 50.74%

I never changed the default network card ever since I bought the pc, and I always used a dongle to use Bluetooth, but now I recently found out that my networkcard also has bluetooth. So, to my understanding, I shouldn't need the dongle at all.Although here's the thing. Ever since I bought it I have found no option to turn the bluetooth on, other than the dongle settings of course. And whats even weider (at least to me), that in the adapter settings it is called 'Ethernet 2', as shown here:The second line says: 'Networkcable not connected' Is this how it should be? My device manager shows the PAN Network Adapter, and it says it has drivers installed, so I don't know what I would be doing wrong. Laptop is out of warranty, so sending it to HP is not really an option.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Bluetooth-Network-Adapter-not-working/td-p/5781880
Relevancy 50.74%

I have an Insignia USB Bluetooth adapter plugged into a USB port on my WinXP w/SP3 PC and have the drivers installed, the Bluetooth headphones are discovered and connected, but it won't route sound through the USB adapter. I booted up iTunes and WMP and played music but no sound is forthcoming.

Does anybody have an idea as to getting audio routed through the USB adapter?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-route-audio-through-usb-bluetooth-adapter.804398/
Relevancy 50.74%

I was trying to connect my cellphone to my laptop via Bluetooth and I couldn't so I went in Device Manager to check I went there and I see this So I disable the device double click gt Driver tab gt Disable Then I enabled it again And voila it started to work but befire I could do ANYTHING within seconds the yellow caution showed up again I tried to uninstall the device then the whole Bluetooth section disappeared from the CODE 43 Laptop Bluetooth Adapter device manager 'tree' Then I clicked Scan for hardware changes and Windows started to install drivers for a unknown device After completion Laptop Bluetooth Adapter CODE 43 the bluetooth section appeared BUT then again it was changed from 'this device is working properly' to 'Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems CODE ' I dont know what to do Someones gifting me a Bluetooth Mouse and Laptop Bluetooth Adapter CODE 43 I believe that they would like to see me use it So any help is appreciated I'm using a Vaio E-VPCEH EG intel core i M processor Nvidia geforece m gb of RAM PS i cant do a system restore because I dont know when this problem started plus I have installed a lot of useful things