Windows Support Forum

difference between the download speed and internet speed?

Q: difference between the download speed and internet speed?

hi! i just wanna ask between the difference of the download speed and the internet speed. because i have a 1.5mb connection i tried at speedtest and when i download i always get a 190-200kbps rate. so its not actually 1.5mb in my download speed even my internet speed is 1.5mbps. is there and calculator what should be my connection if i want my download speed like 1mb per second? thank you very much.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: difference between the download speed and internet speed?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: difference between the download speed and internet speed?

Are you sure you're not getting 190-200KBps? You have to watch because the speed is often stated using different bit rates. When you see 1.5Mbs (lower case b) then it is megabits per second. If you see 190KBs (upper case B) then it's talking kilobytes per second. There are 8 bits in a byte so you really need to multiply the KBs number by 8 to determine the megabits or divide the Mbs number by 8 to determine the megabyte number.

In your case 200KBs multiplied by 8 is 1600Kbs or 1.6Mbs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/310087-difference-between-download-speed-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Hi All I hope Speed Less Torrent Speed Than Download Speed Browser but Upload Superb someone out there can help me with this problem I am using a laptop in Cambodia and connecting to my ISP Viettel via a G Dongle Huewai E The ISP is a Vietnamese company and the customer support via their Cambodian subsidiary Metfone is effectively zero Here are my system details Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R M CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard DIXONSXP ref NO G -yymmdd-DI- - -FF-FF Browser Download Speed Less Than Upload Speed but Torrent Speed Superb Antivirus avast Internet Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled G Dongle Huawei E signal - Blue lights on dongle - Mbits s capable I use Avast Internet Security and Comodo Firewall I have no viruses etc indicated by Avast Browser Firefox My problem is with the download speed when using Firefox tried IE and same slow speed When I run speedtest net I get a download speed of between and Mbits s and the pages take annoyingly long to download I have communicated with others on forums in Cambodia who are getting to Mbits s when browsing using the same dongle and when I run my Vuze torrent downloader I also achieve to Mbits s So I know these speeds are achievable through my dongle in my present location but something is blocking my browser from attaining these speeds I have attached two screen shots The first shows my computer downloading torrents at over Mbits s with no other applications running The second shows me having closed the torrent downloads and opened up firefox and run speedtest net showing me chugging along at Mbits s I am at best an intermediate user but willing to follow instructions and provide any other info that might resolve this problem Thanks in advance for all help with this matter Snookybiker nbsp

Relevancy 100.19%

I've been told before that download speed is independent of how fast your Internet connection is. Is that true?

A:Download Speed v. Internet Connection Speed

Short answer = no. But on the other hand yes. Depends on how you mean the question.

Internet connection speed is defined by download speed and upload speed.

Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

It's probably an issue of semantics, i.e. what they meant when they said "download". Your "download speed" is dependent on how fast your ISP's download speed, but also how fast the downloading server us uploading the data, be it a file or a web page, or whatever. You can't get something faster than someone is sending it to you, however you can get it slower.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/download-speed-v-internet-connection-speed-686017.html
Relevancy 97.61%

I'm looking to buying a wireless router. My desktop however will be directly pluged into the router. So will my download speed etc... be faster on the draft N rather then then the G? or will they both be the same exact speed?

A:Wired speed on wireless network G and N...any speed difference?

depends on what models your looking at. If they are both 10/100 then you should get the same wired performance from both animals.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-speed-on-wireless-network-g-and-n-any-speed-difference.723209/
Relevancy 94.6%

I have just upgraded to OPTUS 100Mbps Docsis3 cable.
Modem is Cisco DPQ3212c,Router TP-Link WR1034ND.
Desktop I get 95Mbps Download with a Gigabit Nic.
Laptop I get 26Mbps Download with a 10/100 Nic. (Wired connection)
Would I get better results with the Laptop if I Used a USB Gigabit Nic or a Gigabit Express card?

A:Big difference in Internet Speed.

Acording to quick research Express cards are based off PCI or USB 2.0 and there is no speed difference on either host(While Using Express cards).

But personally I would go with the express card. I woud much rather have the device mostly be in my laptop than sticking out. (Less chance to destroy an usb port)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/153781-big-difference-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 94.6%

Hello guys. I just bought a router (ipTIME N604R plus).

Here are the specs:

I'm just curious why there's a big difference between my speed on LAN and on Wi-Fi. I know there's a disparity but I just think it is too big? Or this one is still normal?

Speedtest on my laptop connected through LAN:

Speedtest on my iPhone 5S connected through Wi-Fi:

If someone can explain the reason to me, I would really appreciate it. I just want to know why. Thanks!

A:Difference of internet speed on LAN and Wi-Fi

Simple, Ethernet throughput is 1Gbps, Wi-Fi maxes out at 300Mbps, thus ethernet gives more headroom for uncompressed data.
Also you performed the 2nd test through mobile phone, speedtest.net is flash-based test, so it requires lots of CPU as well, and that's where your phone might have distort the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/360270-difference-internet-speed-lan-wi-fi.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi all This is something that is REALLY bothering (Laptop Speed Difference -> Internet Desktop) me Today I put my moms laptop right next to my desktop computer because I was fixing something for her I was downloading avast antivirus on the laptop and Internet Speed Difference (Laptop -> Desktop) I got a speed of mb s the whole way The Internet Speed Difference (Laptop -> Desktop) problem is when I do the same download on my computer I can barely get to kb s Even though the laptop was RIGHT NEXT to my computer We should be getting the exact same speeds or at least close to each other There were no other programs running on either computer No use of internet on any other computer And I didn't test them both at the same time So I decided to go to speedtest net and check if my predictions were correct On the laptop I tested it times I got mbps the first time then the other two tests gave mbps I then tested my desktop computer First test I got mbps The other two I got mbps and mbps respectively This is REALLY pissing me off because there is no reason why the two speeds should be so different seeing as the systems were put right next to each other So the problem HAS to be with my desktop computer right It's a relatively old Acer AST -UA H with an upgraded hard drive RAM and graphics card It did not come with a built in wireless receiver I had to install one myself The quot antenna quot I think that's what it's called of the wireless receiver thing sticks out on the back of the PC So it was installed by myself and not built in The laptop is only close to years old It's running Windows and I'm not exactly sure about the specs It's an HP Pavilion DV something forgot the number it might be DV and it does have a built in wireless receiver So can someone tell me what the problem is here It's pissing me off that I'm not getting the speed I should be getting P S Both are on a wireless connection Should be obvious from the post but I thought I'd add it I'm pretty sure the speed of the connection is mbps since the laptop is getting that speed It used to be mbps but my dad probably recently upgraded it P P S I just tested my desktop again I'm barely getting past mbps Laptop is still strong at mbps

A:Internet Speed Difference (Laptop -> Desktop)

What kind of Router are you using? Is it 802.11g or 802.11n? My guess would be that the newer one has an N spec NIC, whereas yours might be G spec.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-speed-difference-laptop-desktop-548124.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor x Family Model ping problems and good Actual download but speed test speed Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Actual download speed problems but good ping and speed test D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ECS Iris Antivirus Sunbelt VIPRE Updated and Enabled I m having a problem with my download speeds I don t have an ultra high connection just mb s My speed tests confirm that is exactly what I m getting but when I actually download something it goes to kb s and will go no higher I ve contacted my ISP and they say it s my computer The speed test is showing what it should but I just can t get past I ve ran several malware spyware and virus tests and they all come out clean I m at the end of my rope Don t have a clue what to do next to get my speed up This is what shows on IPCONFIG ALL Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users David gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name David-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - E- - - E- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday February AM Lease Expires Friday February AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B E-F C - - F F- F ECB br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users David gt nbsp

Relevancy 90.73%

I moved into a city that has 1gbps fiber and I got it. I set my computer up to run Ubuntu or Windows 7 in the Ubuntu OS I have full speed, like 980mbps but in Windows I can only get around 370mbps, they informed me that it was a know issue which is why they carry around laptops with Ubuntu instead of windows to troubleshoot there system. Anyone have any clue on this, I cant even imagine where to start looking for the setting or fix. Thanks

A:Limited fiber download speed in windows 7 full speed in linux

1gbps is fantastic. I suspect the Windows problem is a driver problem. Did you check the Windows 10TP. Maybe they fixed it. But then, the really big chunks you can always download with Ubuntu. I envy you, LOL.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/363131-limited-fiber-download-speed-windows-7-full-speed-linux.html
Relevancy 90.73%

I recently upgraded my internet service and found that speed test results from speedtest.net and speakeasy.com were giving me download results that were ~ half of what I was supposed to be getting ( 9Mbs vs 16Mbs). I called the ISP and they suggested I restart in safe mode w/ networking and run the tests again. I did and the results of the test were surprising. I was getting the 16Mbs download speed that I signed up for. The tech suggested that I may be infected with something. I run several free programs (Mbam, avg, avast, ect.) to try to aviod these things, but it seems as though something may have gotten through. Any help that you guys may be able to provide would be greatly appreciated. Btw, no error messages and I am running Windows XP. Thanks in advance.

A:Pc speed test download speed significantly faster in safe mode

I take it MBam is updayted and run..Rerun MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when doneclick Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan (normal mode).After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.Next run ATF and SAS: If you cannot access Safe Mode,run in normal ,but let me know.Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".From your regular user account..Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner and then SUPERAntiSpyware , Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..DO NOT run yet.Open SUPER from icon and install and Update itUnder Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)Using the F8 MethodRestart your computer. When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu. Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode. Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use Firefox or Opera browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.NOW Scan with SUPEROpen from the desktop icon or the program Files listOn the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.Perform a Complete scan. After scan,Verify they are all checked.Click OK on the summary screen to quarantine all found items.If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.Click Close to exit the program.Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/303206/pc-speed-test-download-speed-significantly-faster-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi I have this very annoying problem [SOLVED] speed Upload slow High Very Very Download speed, and I'm really out of hopes I don't know what to do anymore I'll make a summary of [SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed the problem and will be as concise as possible So I have this Dell Inspiron N laptop with a broadband connection direct cable no router and weeks ago I reinstalled my Windows Everything went well until weeks ago when the internet speed went down dial-up like Pages won't load and if they do they load just partially I called my ISP and they said they had no problem I couldn't find any solution so I thought maybe some sort of virus or spyware is doing this so I formated the whole hard-disk and did a clean install of Windows Unfortunatelly nothing changed the download speed is the same Here is a speedtest net evaluation http www speedtest net result png Drivers are up to date no windows firewall no antivirus and no windows update The ISP support guy told me to deactivate IPv and IPv from Local Area Connection but nothing changed I did a TCP IP reset which raised my down speed to almost Mb but after a few minutes it went back to quot dial-up quot With the down speed being the same Speedtest sometimes shows me upload speed in between - Mb which is unbelievable I will make a ss next time I see this And the very weird thing is that I have another netbook pretty weak config Intel Atom CPU GB RAM and with the same cable it has normal speed the kind of speed I had on this Dell too Another weird thing is that the wireless connections work just fine and I've been to a friend of mine and used his broadband cable and it worked like a charm I would be very gratefull if someone could help me because I am really out of ideas and I used to consider myself an at least intermediate PC user Nou I'm feeling like a newbie Thank you Regards Alex

A:[SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

Lets first try this:

Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
Now click on Network and Internet and in this window click Internet options.
Now click on the connections tab and select the button to never dial a connection.
Now click Apply and click OK.

Try if this works

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-very-slow-download-speed-very-high-upload-speed-673369.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi guys I hope you can help on this issue I ve been having with my internet connection I don t know what to do I resently formatted my harddrive because my internet all of a sudden started being very slow but after the format it s still the same issue Now I ve is Solved: fine... download Slow speed, speed upload tried plugging the connection line into my laptop and there there s no problem I am gettin a slower download than upload I have a mb download upload speed LAN connection I ran a speed test on the same connection and on my stationary it shows like kbs download and like kbs upload while on my laptop it shows like Mbs download and kbs upload so what s the problem So far I ve found out that it has nothing to do with the internet connection line or my NIC I tried a brand new one and it was the same issue it s not spyware or malware it s not fragmented and under internet connections it says that I m connected on a Mb network card and there are no problems with any of the devices However I can see that Solved: Slow download speed, upload speed is fine... if I open the job list the download connection is very unstable going from up to kb for a breif moment then falls to a halt at kb and moreover it says that I m not using any percent of the network I m on windows and haven t had any problems before this the rest of Solved: Slow download speed, upload speed is fine... the system works just fine but not the internet If I try and download something it won t get higher than like kb and then may stop altogether additional info Windows bit Asus M A AMD DDR Phenom II AMD Athlon AMD Phenom II x black Ghz W Mushkin DDR PC - GB CL kit SP Seagate Barracuda GB MB nbsp

Relevancy 90.3%

I use Windows Vista SP2.I use the latest Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security(updated) and Malwarebytes (updated) and latest version of K9 web protection.I use IE9,Firefox 3.6.16 and Chrome 11.0 beta.I have a download speed of max 190-210 kBps and upload speed of 31-40 kBps.It has been working normally with fast surfing and downloading.Yesterday I saw a weird thing,I usually download through torrents.I saw my downloads are happening,but no sites are opening.Even Google was once or twice opening very slowly.So please tell me what is happening?

A:Extremely slow browsing speed but fast download speed????

Please click HERE to download and install HijackThis.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile from the Main Menu.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next reply.

IMPORTANT: Do not fix anything

If Windows is denying access to the Hosts file, disable the UAC and run HijackThis again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extremely-slow-browsing-speed-but-fast-download-speed.989278/
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi, my problem is that i have low download speed and fast upload speed. My brother have 17 download speed and 16 upload speed on wifi (he have also notebook) and i have download speed 2,5 and upload speed 16. We were trying speedtest.net at the same time. http://www.speedtest.net/result/4038336205.png

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:lenovo U510 low download speed fast upload speed

hi Delian

Thanks for Posting!

try checking these

Change Encryption Support
Right-Click on the Wi-fi signal icon on the lower right corner of the screen, Select Open Network and Sharing Center.
Cick on your Wireless network on the main page.

3. Click on Wireless Properties.4. Click on Security Tab.5. If applicable, change the Encryption type to TKIP and test.

Then check the Speed again.

Let me know your findings
Cheers!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/lenovo-U510-low-download-speed-fast-upload-speed/td-p/1846555
Relevancy 90.3%

First off my specs Adapter Realek RTL EE bgn Wifi Adapter Router Linksys Cisco WRT N Known to have connection issues in the past but I explain why this probably isn t a factor Not sure what else is needed SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - MQ CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT M - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled So I ll boot up my laptop and everything will work fine My download speeds will be somewhere near - mb s and uploads are around - mb s I ll also ping test my computer with no packet loss a ping around and jitter around - It all looks great and dandy Pics below Except after about to minutes my download speeds will dropoff to about - kb s and my ping test goes through the roof to about - with jitter near Not good at all Now I have the suspicion this is being caused by my internal wifi adapter the Realtek because when I use another external usb adapter TP Link TL-WN N my speeds never fluctuate and speed change. doesn't Upload drop Download off, speed I Download speed drop off, Upload speed doesn't change. have no problem ever Is Download speed drop off, Upload speed doesn't change. there anyway to narrow down what this could possibly be caused by Plus I should mention I ve uninstalled and reinstalled the driver Download speed drop off, Upload speed doesn't change. for my internal adapter so many times its not even fun anymore After I install the speed will jump to the - mb s range but again will drop after - minutes I couldn t find the screen shot of my outrageous ping beside the horrible download speed but I ll keep looking EDIT I ll use Xirrus Wifi Inspector to see relative signal strength and according to it it never changes Gah nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed-drop-off-upload-speed-doesnt-change.1102762/
Relevancy 89.44%

hallo
i have a problem last 1 week.my downloas speed well..but browseing speed slow.i playing online games.watch movie. its soo low its too pain full.i cant under stand why?..i am from srilanka.internet line ADSL.. prolink router..512KB/s line..plz help me.

A:fast download speed but browseing speed slow.

Hi, welcome to this forum!

Please visit this site to measure the real speed of the connection. When done please post the results here.
Internet providers (who gives you the internet) usually make an offer of x speed internet but they only guarantee you to get much less. So the speed might change up and down sometimes. If the internet is still very slow please read the details of your agreement with the internet provider. But first give us the speed results from that site

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/190808-fast-download-speed-but-browseing-speed-slow.html
Relevancy 89.44%

I regularly upload videos online and since the last few days they ve been timing out or stalling Blip tv is telling me a MB file is going Speed, Horrible Speed Great Upload Download to take hours to upload Yeah right Other sites like that are about the same or just time out and give me errors - such as Youtube I recently got that quot We re Sorry quot page on Google so I m thinking something is up and there may be something on my computer sending crap out Here s Great Download Speed, Horrible Upload Speed my speedtest net results I ve scanned the computer with ad-aware spybot search and destroy panda anti-virus avg malware bytes super anti spyware - the works and I m not getting anything Everything says the computer is clean This just doesn t seem right to me however If it s any help - I used a different computer with the same modem and was able to upload fine HJT Great Download Speed, Horrible Upload Speed Log Running processes C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ink TabTip exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Windows system WTablet Wacom TabletUser exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink InputPersonalization Great Download Speed, Horrible Upload Speed exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Microsoft Live Search Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Microsoft Live Search Toolbar - E ED C- CB - d -B E -AB C C - c Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Progra... Read more

Relevancy 89.44%

Hi everyone,
At first I noticed a slow down with my ISP (Verizon FIOS) from 15mb/s to 6-7mb/s, but the upload speed is unaffected. So, I called my ISP they told me could be an issue with the Windows that I am using.
Then I called MS regarding the network issue, however they told me that my license has expired is not under warranty for technical support. Here I am asking for some help.

Some of the thing that the ISP done was conducting some test:
Buffer size:261360 bytes
Receive size: 66608 bytes
Their ISP network technician told me that the Receive size was too low and causing problem to the download speed, but the upload speed is still good.

So, anyone who have any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

A:Download speed is limited, but upload speed is fine

are you using a router?
if yes, try bypassing the routing by plugging directly into the modem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/160316-download-speed-limited-but-upload-speed-fine.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Recently my desktop has experienced very slow download speeds (~0.11 Mbps), however the upload speed appears to be in line (~2.0Mbps). These numbers are taken from Comcast's speed test (my ISP). It is obviously a problem with my PC because everything else on the network (PS3, Laptop) have great signals with no problems. I just recently reverted the Desktop back to its factory state, and everything was working fine for a couple of months.

The desktop in question uses Vista 32-bit and the Belkin Basic USB Wireless Adapter.

A:Very slow download speed, upload speed is fine

Welcome to TSG:
Run a speedtest here and see if the results are the same:
http://www.speedtest.net/
Then,boot up in safe mode with networking and see if the speed improves.Like so:
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm#03

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-slow-download-speed-upload-speed-is-fine.974049/
Relevancy 89.44%

All of a sudden while browsing, I get insanely slow loading times, with multiple timeouts. I go on speedtest and this is my speed. I get random latency spikes during video games. I could barely upload the picture of my speedtest results, and I'll be surprised if this thread even makes it. What is happening? How can I fix it? Thanks

I've tried disabling all startup programs and rebooted, nothing
Restarted router, nothing

I have a Belkin Enhanced Wireless Router F6D4230-4 V1

A:Download Speed Fine, Upload Speed Non-existent?

Reboot and check your speed again.

How can you have a Custom Build and not know what motherboard you have.

Use this little free program to find out what your system is.

Speccy

https://www.piriform.com/speccy/download

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/357646-download-speed-fine-upload-speed-non-existent.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Greetings all hope you are doing fine Situation - I have a Mb DSL connection - Speed while downloading a file using Internet Download Manager is between - KB sec - Browsing streaming speed is between - KB sec - Speed while downloading a file using any browser is between - KB sec - Downloaded the TCP Optimizer and applied the Optimal settings Did not solve the issue - Followed the instruction here gt gt http www speedguide net articles w -tweaks- Did not solve the issue - TCP Analyzer is saying that my MTU is but in my router and in my NIC it is - Speed Test in Safe Mode can sometimes yield better results - Tried disabling all start-up items Did not solve the issue My setup OS Windows x NIC Atheros AR AR AR Router SMC WBRA Connection Type Ethernet ----------------------------------------------- Speed Test Results SpeedGuide net TCP Analyzer Results Tested on IP address xx xx proxy Client OS browser Windows Chrome TCP options string c MSS MTU TCP Window NOT multiple of download speed Fast browsing/streaming low speed, MSS RWIN Scaling bits Unscaled RWIN Recommended RWINs BDP limit ms kbps KBytes s BDP limit ms kbps KBytes s MTU Discovery ON TTL Timestamps OFF SACKs ON IP ToS ------------------------------------------------ Thanks nbsp

A:Fast download speed, low browsing/streaming speed

Set the MTU in the router itself to 1492

Analyzer is saying that my MTU is 1460, but in my router and in my NIC it is 1500Click to expand...

the normal value for DSL is 1492, and 1460 is INVALID = = must be a multiple of 8.

Manually set {1472 or 1464} in the router.

The article cited has good info but I would opt for all the defaults.

restore:

netsh int tcp set heuristics enabled
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled

see this article to set SackOpts=1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fast-download-speed-low-browsing-streaming-speed.192638/
Relevancy 89.44%

My wife has a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows Professional Bit GB Memory with Intel GHz Our ISP provider installed a new Router about four months ago and tested up and down speeds before they left Downloads were in the high s Mbps and uploads in the s Mbps I began to notice a couple of weeks ago that Internet access with either IE or Chrome seemed kind of Download speed, Slow speed fine Upload slow I ran speedof me and the best download speed is Mbps but usually around Mbps but the upload speeds are Slow Download speed, Upload speed fine still around Mbps I have an iPhone a Kindle Fire and a Toshiba laptop and have run speedof me on them right next to the Dell laptop and the speeds on all three are fine We use Norton Security and I ran the Power Eraser with nothing found Ran Malware Bytes and nothing of concern showed up Updated the wifi card driver from Dell as well as the driver for the Marvell Yukon Internet controller No Joy I would appreciate any suggestions you might have for me to try to speed her laptop I thank you in advance Lou

A:Slow Download speed, Upload speed fine

If you can run our wireless test from the page PCHF System Scans post results be sure to right click and run as administrator

http://www.pchelpforum.com/internet-and-email/130096-slow-download-speed-upload-speed-fine.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I just switched over to my linksys router last night for my wireless because the small usb adapter I had sucked. my download speed went from 2-3 up to 58, HOWEVER, my upload speed usually won't even connect on the speed test from speedtest.org????

I can pull up maybe 1-2 website I frequently visit immediately, but 99% of other sites won't even load, or I get the text based webpage....what could the problem be?? My friends laptop works fine, my phone works fine, signal strength is good....??? Also i disabled antivirus and phising/popup blockers. etc

A:Download speed is good, BUT, upload speed is 0...?

lots of visits i see, can someone please help me out here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed-is-good-but-upload-speed-is-0.1109312/
Relevancy 87.72%

I have a 2Mb/s connection. At least that is what online speed test shows. But why are my downloads much lower? I mean less than 1Mb/s

A:High Speed Connection - Low Speed Download?

Your connection is 2 megabits per second I assume....that comes out to about 256KB/sec in a browser.

Are you saying you only get 128KB/sec in your browser?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/114425-high-speed-connection-low-speed-download.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I'm using a Compact Wireless-G Linksys USB Adapter with Speedbooster, and getting higher Upload speed than download speed on every speed testing website I try. Any thoughts on why?

Router: WRT54G2 Firmware vers. 1.0.01
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 840T Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 10 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 6143 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5670, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 942353 MB, Free - 640989 MB; D: Total - 11412 MB, Free - 1394 MB;
Motherboard: FOXCONN, 2AB1
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 87.72%

So I ve always kind of had this issue not something really new However after testing my wife s PC to see if it were a router issue or something I realized I m in a bad spot My speed test had my D L at like Mbps and my U L at like Both spiked during the test around Comparing to my wife s PC when I did the test was Mbps D L and Mbps U L Her PC has the hard line into it while mine is directly connected to the router The provider goes through her PC etc Is there some tests I could do to find out higher than Upload download speed speed... my if it s Upload speed higher than my download speed... My PC My Router or Just some settings Thank you Also I saw someone ask on another one of these issues for the netstat -n so here is mine Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Active Connections Proto Local Address Foreign Address State TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP CLOSE WAIT TCP CLOSE WAIT TCP CLOSE WAIT TCP ESTABLISHED nbsp

A:Upload speed higher than my download speed...

Interesting thing, I refreshed my net and restarted my PC, and it was peaking at 322.5KBps, but now it's back down to like 10-20KBps (at least when d/l from steam).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upload-speed-higher-than-my-download-speed.167450/
Relevancy 87.72%

I already tried safe mode with networking so i assume it s not about viruses or my antivirus Here s upload than is speed Download lower my speed. from a tcp ip analyzer TCP options string MTU MTU is not fully optimized for broadband Consider increasing your MTU to for better throughput If you are using a router it could be limiting your MTU regardless of Registry settings MSS MSS is not optimized for broadband Consider increasing your MTU value Default TCP Receive Window RWIN RWIN Scaling RFC bits scale factor Unscaled TCP Receive Window RWIN is not fully optimized Download speed is lower than my upload speed. even though it is a comparatively large number The unscaled RWIN value is lower than it should be Also RWIN being close to and above does not justify the header overhead of enabling TCP Options You might want to use one of the recommended RWIN values below For optimum performance consider changing RWIN to a multiple of MSS Other RWIN values that might work well with your current MTU MSS up to Mbit lines depending on latency MSS - Mbit lines depending on latency MSS - Mbit lines depending on latency MSS - Mbit lines depending on latency MSS - Mbit lines depending on latency MSS bandwidth delay product Note this is not a speed test Your TCP Window limits you to kbps KBytes s ms Your TCP Window limits you to kbps KBytes s ms MTU Discovery RFC ON Time to live left hops TTL value is ok Timestamps RFC OFF Selective Acknowledgements RFC ON IP type of service field RFC I have a desktop where I am getting around kbps with the same modem Just enough for my mbps kbps connection But when I try to use this laptop the connection becomes like this Down is in average and up is higher os is windows xp nbsp

A:Download speed is lower than my upload speed.

Try TCP Optimizer. I've used it for wireless connections with XP, it has never made things worse for me, sometimes helped dramatically, and it will save original settings so that you can revert to them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed-is-lower-than-my-upload-speed.976376/
Relevancy 85.57%

Ok So I just switched internet also cable and phone provider and went from mbps to mbps Usually with my old connection I can download up to MB files internet and download speed at a time and it wouldn t affect my internet speed whatsoever Now with this mbps connection downloading file internet and download speed of mb would see a speed drop Downloading files and the internet all of a sudden becomes dial-up My question is how is the download speed of mbps mbps etc use up to its max For instance for me anyway with mbps downloading a file of MB is usually around kbps and at its usually at kbps The more files being downloaded the lower the download speed dropped for each file Would a connection speed of mbps be capable of downloading a file at mbps How come its never close to mbps even when adding the speed of all downloads at that particular time it never comes close to the download speed nbsp

Relevancy 84.71%

My computer was running just fine til about a week ago. I am on a secure network that was before yielding 1/mb/sec download speeds on wireless router. I have tested the network on my laptop and it still runs just fine, however my desktop has become sluggish, the download speeds are down to 30kb/sec and the search function has been taken over by "searchfastfind.net" that Malware Bytes has failed to find. Today the internet would simply die and not reconnect, or my browser would redirect to dead sites. The CPU on any processes doesn't seem high, but my computer is screaming like it's running several programs at once. I am using Vista, all updates installed that are available and needed.

What would I do to figure out the sort of malware I suspect this to be?

Dell Studio 540S Windows Vista Premium 2 64 bit

A:Suspected Malware (searchfastfind.net) - Ruining Internet Speed and Computer Speed

I ran rkill.exe it found no known programs running, malware still seems to come up empty, but my cpu speed and internet connection are still terrible.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/371386/suspected-malware-searchfastfindnet-ruining-internet-speed-and-computer-speed/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi I may be missing something pretty basic here as my tech knowledge is pretty poor I have recently paid my internet provider to increase my connection speed from meg package to meg as I need a faster connection Ive done a speed test and it says that my speed is pretty much what my increased to much speed? but internet dont in speed 4meg change from 1meg see the service provider has promised but when I use the wifi in my place which I used with the original meg connection it doesnt seem any faster at increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed? all I thought I d be flying from one website to the next but its not happening that way at all Someone said I should consider buying an aircard to increase my computers ability to recieve more data from the increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed? router but then someone else said that is not what an aircard is for Anyway Im stuck and would appreciate any help i could get as at the moment Im paying alot more cash each month for no improvement Thanks in advance for any help Cheers nbsp

A:increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/increased-my-internet-speed-from-1meg-to-4meg-but-dont-see-much-change-in-speed.625674/
Relevancy 84.71%

Only had this new pc a few weeks and it is so slow now after 3 blue screen of death crashes that caused this I think, I believe firefox caused. I am not sure how to read dump files to show you details of the BSOD. I am including details of my PC along with the hijack this log, my system is clean though according to antispyware and virus scans.

2GB DDRII RAM
VISTA ULTIMATE 32bit

I installed 64bit before this 32bit one on another partition of this HDD but cannot boot into it anymore at startup because this PC won't let me select it because it does not detect my keyboard in DOS mode for some weird reason.

Hijackthis log is attached file.

A:Snail Speed Pc At Times And Always Slow Internet Speed On Vista Ultimate

I found this helpful information on possible solutions, very familiar with errors on previous Microsoft operating systems. http://www.vandersluijs.nl/content/view/973/96/lang,enI uninstalled one of the suggested updates and so far it is fine, the update was only optional so no security threats. I think it has helped, not certain if it will be like a fresh install because windows is slower than it was two weeks ago. If 3 weeks is best windows can handle for being ready for a new install I may have to go back to Linux. I hope this thread can stay on this forum somewhere to help others follow the link I posted above for possible solutions to this problem, it will save them time and effort trying numerous things.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/108144/snail-speed-pc-at-times-and-always-slow-internet-speed-on-vista-ultimate/
Relevancy 84.28%

so i ran a speed test with several different website and they all said my download speed is between 5 Mbps and 8 Mbps :

however when i actually download something my download speed stay at 1 Mbps or when i watch videos ( youtube )
i dnt have this problem with my phone !

thank u

A:download speed different from speed test

help help help why ??

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/37842-download-speed-different-speed-test.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I have a 13mb download speed on my hardwired desktop pc. My lappy used to get nearly the same download speed all the time. My wife's work lappy used to get the same download speeds, as did my (shock horror for a W7 forum) Ipad.

Desktop connection still at 13mb, but wifi devices now at 0.5 mb.

Nothing has changed as far as I know , any suggestions?

Rebooted router, but no improvement.

A:Another internet download speed problem

Could you post the model of your router please? It will most likely be on the back/underside of the machine. Alternatively let us know which internet service provider you are with.

And a cautionary note: I have only intermediate experience with networks, born mostly from problems I have had in the past and managed to solve with the help of this site and the internet at large. I'll do my best to help you with yours, but don't expect miracles!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/251598-another-internet-download-speed-problem.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello,

Well, I'm paying for 2Mb/s (2048/256) cable internet, but recently the download speed was halved, look:

I first went to my internet provider's forum, and asked what's happening, but they told me that everything is working fine, and that signal is flawless in my region, and they told me that It might be a virus that is causing this. I'm using avast and spybot S&D, avast found nothing, and spybot found cookies and trojans, but it managed to clean it all up, but my internet speed is still halved, as you can see on the speed test.

So the only thing left for me to do, was to search for some help on other places online, and here I am.

My PC:
AMD Athlon II x4 630, 2.80 Ghz, 3.00 GB of Ram

Thanks in advance, and if you need any other information, tell me, I will provide it... :X

Relevancy 84.28%

So tonight my internet stared playing well it has been for a few days Ive reseted the router etc and i dont know what it is that is causing the issue i did a few speed tests tonight and the results are in the attachment. any help would be much appreciated

Thank you for taking the time to read.

A:my internet download speed is crazy please help

Closing dup. Please do not start multiple threads on the same topic. Continue here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-internet-download-speed-is-crazy-please-help.1115645/
Relevancy 84.28%

I have ATT DSL I am supposed to get around kbps Speed Dcs/slow Internet Download download speed however starting at around PM I start getting disconnected from the internet it will automatically reconnect itself after about minutes After PM I have horrible browsing and download speeds the lowest I've seen it go is kbps Yesterday I called my ISP They had me ping yahoo com in the Command Prompt packets were lost and they said I had a virus I find that hard to believe Internet Dcs/slow Download Speed because this computer is relatively new I have ran AVG scans in the past and I run Adaware scans frequently Nothing serious has come up other than tracking cookies which I delete I tried clearing all internet temp files CTRL SHIFT DELETE in Firefox but that hasn't helped Logfile of Trend Internet Dcs/slow Download Speed Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot Internet Dcs/slow Download Speed mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system taskeng exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Volume Panel VolPanlu exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC WINDOWS System CTXFISPI EXEC Program Files Grisoft AVG avgw exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Users Zach Desktop HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run VolPanel quot C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Volume Panel VolPanlu exe quot rO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKLM Run WPCUMI C Windows system WpcUmi exeO - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run AAWTray C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKCU Run Sidebar C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe autoRunO - HKCU Run ehTray exe C Windows ehome ehTray exeO - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run SESS EXE C Windows SESS EXEO - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odlO - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcom... Read more

A:Internet Dcs/slow Download Speed

Download SDFix and save it to your Desktop.Double click SDFix.exe and it will extract the files to %systemdrive%(Drive that contains the Windows Directory, typically C:\SDFix)Please then reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :Restart your computerAfter hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;Instead of Windows loading as normal, the Advanced Options Menu should appear;Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press Enter.Choose your usual account. Open the extracted SDFix folder and double click RunThis.bat to start the script. Type Y to begin the cleanup process. It will remove any Trojan Services and Registry Entries that it finds then prompt you to press any key to Reboot. Press any Key and it will restart the PC. When the PC restarts the Fixtool will run again and complete the removal process then display Finished, press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons. Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt
(Report.txt will also be copied to Clipboard ready for posting back on the forum). Finally paste the contents of the Report.txt back on the forum with a new HijackThis log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/110696/internet-dcsslow-download-speed/
Relevancy 84.28%

I thought I would throw this out there for some networking gurus as I have not been able to figure this out About months ago I purchased a usb data modem to access the internet from a cell tower After learning I could get better download speed OS download differences internet speeds by accessing another tower by changing the prl I was ecstatic I run desktops in my home and laptops networking them through a linksys wrt gl and ICS The ics server computer runs xp OS internet download speed differences home and the other desktop runs xp pro The main problem is that the ics server will not acquire any better download speed than kbps and all other computers connected to the router will acquire in the neigbourhood of to kbps There is another twist also Laptops that connect to the wireless access point running xp will get the same speed as the server Vista laptops that connect to the wireless access point will get the same speed as other clients connected directly to the router I know that vista has a self tuning tcp ip stack but this is ridiculous Any gurus care to explain this nbsp

A:OS internet download speed differences

It has to do with the settings in Windows for internet connections.
Personally, I use TcpOptimizer in Windows XP to tune the OS for maximum internet performance. Vista and Windows 7 don't need it however.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/os-internet-download-speed-differences.123643/
Relevancy 84.28%

I read at a lot of forums that have the same problem.
my download speed is around 70/80 kb/s instead of 350 kb/s and also at at speedtest it's crappy but only the download speed is like that upload speed working. http://www.speedtest.net/result/587176284.png
I'm supposed to have 2.5 mb/s and I have 0.6 as you can see.
I disabled ipv 6. I tried the command promat line. Nothing works.
I'm on the verge of going back to windows XP something I really don't wanna do.
Please Help Me! Thanx

A:Internet download speed crappy

It's possible that you've setup a real time scan of network packets. What anti-virus and firewall solution are you using?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/28240-internet-download-speed-crappy.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I have avast anti-virus and recently downloaded Malwarebites each removed a series of corrupted files/keys/registries/values. 

However, my internet download speed is still absolutely pathetic. I have a 12mbps connection and when tested through speedtest.net I am barely pushing 1mbps. 

Please help me fix my baby! Please. 

A:poor internet download speed

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/519258 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519258/poor-internet-download-speed/
Relevancy 84.28%

It says it in the title,
how do I make my internet faster?
and I download my stuff on uTorrent and my avg. download speed is 70kbs which takes like 29hrs for 5gb or something. I'm on Windows XP

Relevancy 84.28%

Anyone else having trouble downloading and internet browsing my computer has gone up in computing and isnt prossing it, also everything i download takes 3day to download when it says 3hours! you cant do more then one thing at a time.
also i cant reformat my computer i have done mult. things to try to get recovery going on and nothing works windows is pushing everything out of its way to turn it self on, and it also drains the power over overwhelmingly to the point where it doesnt shut down when it should be just drags on with power still running.....

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/10942-internet-browsing-download-speed.html
Relevancy 84.28%

ok so i have recently been having internet troubles. my download speed is supposed to be 5mbps but is usually a bit below that. today it has dropped to 30-50 kbps and i cant download everything. i took 3 tests on different website but all said my download speed is 5-6 mbps. i hav a comtrend CT-5361T router/modem. my computer i am using is a macbook laptop. it is my schools (they give us one for school work) so i hav limited access to some options and websites.

A:Internet download speed is slow

With a 5 meg connection, I wouldnt expect to get great download speeds, with 7 meg DSL, my fastest download speed as 700k/sec. Many things depend on how far from the site you are, how busy the server is, and whether it is limiting traffic speeds or not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-download-speed-is-slow.1021984/
Relevancy 84.28%

I am trying to get a internet broadband connection through USB stick.. While speaking to the vendor. he said that they offer 3.1Mbps speed (no roaming charges)...all of this is understood...but they say that after 5GB of download the speed will reduce to 128Kbps....Can I know what do they mean by this.

And how do I go ensuring how many GB have I completed my download.

Also pls provide any links to understand the myraid of connectivis and jargons that come along with this internet connection....thanks

Relevancy 84.28%

Hello all So let me try to give a brief background that will be relevant to my problem My girlfriend Allie lives in an apartment with her roommate Kelly They each have a computer in their rooms Kelly's PC is hooked up with cable internet and she uses a linksys router to broadcast the signal to Allie's laptop PC which came with internal wireless capabilities Sadly both these girls neglect their computers' health which by default makes me the computer maintenance man I'm by o means an expert but I think I'm a little more advanced than the average user I've spent the past few days cleaning infectons off Kelly's computer with the help of a few generous people on these forums and they have given her computer a clean bill of health She had been experiencing popups computer lag and internet lag Her computer operates fine now Allie's computer however was still experiencing internet slowness Very slowness As in kb s downlad speeds So I atempted to run my arsenal of security programs spybot adaware avast zonealarm hijackthis etc but none of the updates would download SO I brought her laptop to my house which runs a wireless network using the same model linksys router The internet on Allie's laptop works beautifully Internet/download Speed Problems over here with download speeds in the kb s range So I ran my security arsenal and her computer seems to be clean of all malware etc So now I'm to the extent of my personal knowledge What are the other factors Internet/download Speed Problems that could be damaging her internet speeds at her apartment The little network systray icon says she has an excellent connection to Kelly's network Kelly's internet works fine on her computer so I've ruled out cable problems What is Internet/download Speed Problems my next move Can anyone help

A:Internet/download Speed Problems

Hi Dave.There's a lot of factors here.As you found out, a good signal doesn't mean good throughput.Run through the article below. Try the no cost options first.If rearranging or channel changing doesn't help, high gain antennas and\or a wireless repeater will.10 tips for improving your wireless network

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/49457/internetdownload-speed-problems/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi.When I download from the Internet, my speed is like 10-40 Kb/s.My ISP is Globe(Philippines).Here is the Speedtest.net result:I remember, on October 23, 2010, I had a huge download speed, 130-200 Kb/s.My antivirus malfunctioned that time.(Norton 360, cannot open GUI)So I reinstalled a new AV,(Norton Internet Security)but the download speed suddenly drops.Could the AV software be causing problems?Thanks.-Machinery-

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/358423/internet-download-speed-drops/
Relevancy 84.28%

recently i have been facing slow speed problems
so every time i log on to my 3com router status page i find that the upload is 256 kbs and download is 32 kbs and it should be 1024 kbs
when i restart the router , the speed jumps to 1024 then an hour or more it sets back to 32 kbs
what can i do ?
is the router defective?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-download-speed-drops.1023424/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hey guys Recently my internet has been extremely slow but only on my computer I built the current PC I am using and I also built Internet Speed Issue Download my previous one which my little Internet Download Speed Issue brother uses His download speed is fine average at mb s my partners laptop download speed is averaging at mb s thats with a bar signal as well yet my download speed is this http www speedtest net result png That's the thing I don't get my PC is a lot more powerful than my previous one as well I have ran Virus scans though AVG Disk Clean ups Defrags Malwarebytes scans for Malware yet that doesn't seem to help at all although I got rid of Malware issues which was good I have re-installed and updated my Ethernet drivers and that also hasn't done a thing I have had a look on Google went through a lot of forums and tried out different approaches to this without success so any help would be extremely appreciated I am connecting with a Network cable via a Netgear Wireless N Modem Router - Model DGN I have tried running safe mode and the internet speed is still the same I replaced my cable with a new CAT Cable and also tried switching ports on the router which also didn't work Last night I disabled my windows firewall and my antivirus and then ran speedtest and the speed got up to a maximum of mb s which is a big change from mb s This didnt last long though but it did stay the same after I turned everything back on I used to use AVG but deleted that and installed MSE once I scanned with that I found a Java exploit virus and a virtool win obfuscator xz virus I removed the Java exploit but failed to remove the virtool win obfuscator xz I decided I would try and get rid of its origin some game ISO's I had which are now deleted But I think this virus is still lingering and messing with my computer I dont know if it is directly causing issues with my internet but the speed of my internet feels like its slowly degrading everyday I have been through some other forums about this virus and I tried to follow the great advice of Jacee but I cant download any of the tools to do the job that she is asking I am almost at the point of re-installing Windows as this getting extremely frustrating All your help will be greatly appreciated and I look forward to your replys

A:Internet Download Speed Issue

Hi NomadAU, welcome to Seven Forums.

I recently had similar problems with my Netgear DGN2000. It would download on my wired desktop pc at a snails pace. On my laptop, speed was excellent. When I wired my laptop to my router it would load my home page only and gave No Internet connection. If I moved the ethernet cable to any other ports on the router to my desktop pc it would give No Internet connection.
Removing all connection related settings from both pc's and resetting router to factory default did nothing to improve anything. So I bought a Netgear DGN2200v3, now normal service resumed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/288289-internet-download-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi; I have a Dynalink router and on plan which I get really nice speeds for me (downloads a few megabytes a second), using Windows XP via ethernet.
However as soon as a laptop is also plugged in also via ethernet and streams videos, the internet on my Windows XP computer is so slow, web pages can barely open.
Is there anyone to somehow make both of them at least able to both use the internet? What's the problem? Thanks in advance for any help

A:Internet Speed; Fast but as soon as shared, drops down to unusable speed

However as soon as a laptop is also plugged in also via ethernet and streams videos,Click to expand...

sounds like the laptop is hogging all the bandwidth

what speed do you actually have - via www.speedtest.net ?

what happens if the laptop is connected and not streaming videos - it may also have a number of downloads - updates running in the background

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-fast-but-as-soon-as-shared-drops-down-to-unusable-speed.1071015/
Relevancy 83.42%

hello Dear
i hope that you are fine!!
i have a question that is :
how to Decrease Download Speed in Internet Explorer ? (in register)
because all of bandwidth is for someone that download a file at 80 kb/s!!
there is 10 computer and connect to network using VPN ans DHCP Server
and 1 Megabite.please help me.
thank you very much.

A:Decrease Download Speed In Internet Explorer

Hello behrouz, and welcome!
Your request seems very unusual indeed , people usually complain about slow speeds!
I would suggest that you contact your ISP [Internet Service Provider] and ask them if you can change 'plans' to a lower speed.
Regards,
Dave T

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/decrease-download-speed-in-internet-explorer-98119.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi About weeks ago I noticed my internet connection DSL was much slower than usual My ISP Verizon assures me the problem is not on their end The download speed is as expected kbps but the upload speed Slow speed connection; download OK internet is just kbps and should be much higher than this They suggested there might be a spyware problem System info Dell Dimension GHz Pentium GB RAM GB HD Windows XP Pro SP running Norton Internet Security AdAware Free Anniversary edition Spybot Search amp Destroy HJT results below Questions Is the slow quot internet connection quot the result of the slow upload How can I fix the upload speed Do I have a malware problem Thanks -------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis Slow internet connection; download speed OK v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS Slow internet connection; download speed OK system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA EXE C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster Live -bit Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS system taskswitch exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIABA EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www jpl nasa gov news news cfm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http support dell com support top ty security c us amp cs amp l en amp s dhs amp appindex ds O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton Internet Security ... Read more

A:Slow internet connection; download speed OK

(bump)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-internet-connection-download-speed-ok.805214/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello everybody the last couple of weeks my internet download speed has become really slow First of all I cleaned out my cache and everything on Chrome The browser I am using so don t tell me to do such a basic thing please Second of all those are my specs OS Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel Core i K GHz Processor Count RAM MB DDR Mhz Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Series - Mb Hard Drives C Total speed download painfully slow Internet - MB Free - MB Motherboard MSI P S-C Antivirus Windows Firewall and Windows Defender Those are speed Im getting from a Internet download speed painfully slow speedtest Download Speed kbps KB sec transfer rate Upload Speed kbps KB sec transfer rate I want to write a detailed post but I don t know how and my slow internet speed won t allow me to read any thread basically explaining what I should do in a post I got a pingtest to yahoo com and a netstat -a though Im sorry but it is dutch so I hope you will understand Pingen naar yahoo com met bytes aan gegevens Antwoord van bytes tijd ms TTL Antwoord van bytes tijd ms TTL Antwoord van bytes tijd ms TTL Antwoord van bytes tijd ms TTL Ping-statistieken voor Pakketten verzonden ontvangen verloren verlies De gemiddelde tijd voor het uitvoeren van n bewerking in milliseconden Minimum ms Maximum ms Gemiddelde ms Proto Lokaal adres Extern adres Status TCP iTiamo LISTENING TCP iTiamo LISTENING TCP iTiamo LISTENING TCP iTiamo LISTENING TCP iTiamo LISTENING TCP iTiamo LISTENING TCP iTiamo LISTENING TCP iTiamo LISTENING TCP iTiamo LISTENING TCP iTiamo LISTENING TCP iTiamo LISTENING TCP iTiamo LISTENING TCP iTiamo LISTENING TCP iTiamo TIME WAIT TCP iTiamo TIME WAIT TCP iTiamo LISTENING TCP iTiamo LISTENING Internet download speed painfully slow TCP TIME WAIT TCP TIME WAIT TCP TIME WAIT TCP TIME WAIT TCP ey-in-f http ESTABLISHED TCP ey-in-f http ESTABLISHED TCP ey-in-f http ESTABLISHED TCP ey-in-f http TIME WAIT TCP ey-in-f http TIME WAIT TCP ey-in-f https ESTABLISHED TCP DNS http TIME WAIT TCP TIME WAIT TCP TIME WAIT TCP TIME WAIT TCP TIME WAIT TCP TIME WAIT TCP ey-in-f http ESTABLISHED TCP ey-in-f http TIME WAIT TCP ey-in-f http TIME WAIT TCP ey-in-f http ESTABLISHED TCP - - - TIME WAIT TCP ew-in-f http ESTABLISHED TCP - - - http TIME WAIT TCP ey-in-f http ESTABLISHED TCP - - - http TIME WAIT TCP a - - - http ESTABLISHED TCP - - - http TIME WAIT TCP ey-in-f http ESTABLISHED TCP ey-in-f http ESTABLISHED TCP http ESTABLISHED TCP http ESTABLISHED TCP a - - - http ESTABLISHED TCP http ESTABLISHED TCP ew-in-f http TIME WAIT TCP venise http TIME WAIT TCP a - - - http ESTABLISHED TCP ey-in-f http ESTABLISHED TCP http ESTABLISHED TCP ey-in-f https ESTABLISHED TCP http ESTABLISHED TCP ey-in-f https ESTABLISHED TCP ey-in-f https ESTABLISHED TCP ey-in-f https ESTABLISHED TCP ey-in-f https ESTABLISHED TCP vp -cf http TIME WAIT TCP vp -cf http TIME WAIT TCP ez-in-f http ESTABLISHED TCP ez-in-f http ESTABLISHED TCP iTiamo LISTENING TCP iTiamo LISTENING TCP iTiamo LISTENING TCP iTiamo LISTENING TCP iTiamo LISTENING TCP iTiamo LISTENING TCP iTiamo LISTENING TCP iTiamo LISTENING TCP iTiamo LISTENING TCP iTiamo LISTENING TCP iTiamo LISTENING TCP iTiamo LISTENING TCP iTiamo LISTENING TCP iTiamo LISTENING UDP UDP UDP UDP UDP UDP UDP UDP UDP UDP UDP UDP UDP UDP UDP UDP UDP UDP UDP UDP UDP UDP UDP UDP UDP UDP UDP UDP UDP UDP UDP UDP UDP UDP UDP fe b d b e UDP fe b d b e And last a Hijackthis report Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Lite DTLite exe C Program Files x SpeedBit Video Accelerator VideoAccelerator exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Creative THX TruStudio Pro THXAudioCP THXAudio exe C Users Tiamo AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Tiamo AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Tiamo AppData Local Google Chrome Application ch... Read more

A:Internet download speed painfully slow

I remove "Babylon Toolbar", I never knew I installed that thing, must have been a mistake when installing a program.
And now my download speed skyrocket'ed, but I don't think it's quite normal yet so any help will still be appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-download-speed-painfully-slow.1009477/
Relevancy 83.42%

So, I had the techy at the office upgrade my laptop to Windows 7 Ultimate a few days ago. Well, it seems that while my PC is directly connected to the internet via ethernet wire... It's speed is flawless. No issues whatsoever.

When I go home and use my wireless, the first minute it will respond perfectly fine. 10+Mbps Down/ 2Mbps Up. After that though, it will just SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOW down a LOT! The Up speed will still be high though, which is what gets me confused on what's happening. The download speed will dip down to under 1Mbps.

I'm running a Sony Vaio VGN-NS130E w/ an Atheros AR928X Wireless Network Adapter.

Any other info that is needed to help solve my problem, ask away! I'll try to send it over asap!

Thank you so much and I look forward to all your help. ;]

A:Internet Download Speed MEGA SLOW! :(

Quote: Originally Posted by CMach08

So, I had the techy at the office upgrade my laptop to Windows 7 Ultimate a few days ago. Well, it seems that while my PC is directly connected to the internet via ethernet wire... It's speed is flawless. No issues whatsoever.

When I go home and use my wireless, the first minute it will respond perfectly fine. 10+Mbps Down/ 2Mbps Up. After that though, it will just SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOW down a LOT! The Up speed will still be high though, which is what gets me confused on what's happening. The download speed will dip down to under 1Mbps.

I'm running a Sony Vaio VGN-NS130E w/ an Atheros AR928X Wireless Network Adapter.

Any other info that is needed to help solve my problem, ask away! I'll try to send it over asap!

Thank you so much and I look forward to all your help. ;]

CM

If you arent using homegroup you can disable IPv6, which has several random problems. Its in network and sharing.

We could use more info on the router

Thanks
Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/34901-internet-download-speed-mega-slow.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I am currently using roadrunner broadband with supposed download speeds up to 15Mbs and I have tested this at Speedtest.com and confirmed this. But when I download programs; torrent, download accellerator, what have you..the fastest I am able to get up to is usually 1.5 Mbs download. I have 3 Gigs of memory, run a 2.1 Ghz triple core phenom I AMD. Is there any way to speed this up so I can get my $$ worth or should I scale back to the lowest internet plan option up to 1.5Mbs?

A:Internet Ping speeds different than download speed, what gives?

Quote: Originally Posted by MrUbiquitous

I am currently using roadrunner broadband with supposed download speeds up to 15Mbs and I have tested this at Speedtest.com and confirmed this. But when I download programs; torrent, download accellerator, what have you..the fastest I am able to get up to is usually 1.5 Mbs download. I have 3 Gigs of memory, run a 2.1 Ghz triple core phenom I AMD. Is there any way to speed this up so I can get my $$ worth or should I scale back to the lowest internet plan option up to 1.5Mbs?

The rated 15mbs is the max the wire is capped at. What you get from other sites (like torrents) is determined by the number of people seeding the torrent and their max speed. You will probably never get anywhere near that speed from a torrent, even with download accel, etc. Thats just the way it is.

There is an alternate source of similar material to torrents called usenet. One usenet I have gotten as much as 100Mbs download speeds. google it
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/104753-internet-ping-speeds-different-than-download-speed-what-gives.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello ....
every time i download something ,the internet speed start very good sometimes its 6 Mb and sometimes its 1 Mb
this is an example :
and after 40 seconds or more its dropped to the half to 50 KB :

this problem is so annoying :'(

driver of network card is updated :
ipconfig /all :
screenshot of xirros :
guys sorry if u want more information about the problem tell me and ill answer quickly . i showed u all the information i know .

and thanks a lot i appreciated so much

A:Why my internet download speed drops to half

no one commented

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/36623-why-my-internet-download-speed-drops-half.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I'm using a USB dongle to connect to the internet. Sometimes i want to limit my download speed of the connection. How can i do that? Is there any programs that allow me to achieve this?

A:How to limit the download speed of my internet connection

You want to limt the download speed of what?
Internet explorer, utorrent, google chrome, outlook... or???
Why limit the download speed?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/263063-how-limit-download-speed-my-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi there As this is my first post I'll internet speed inbound Limit download go through a quick presentation My name is Patrick living in Switzerland I'm looking for a few help to solve an unusual question I'm quite sure there is tons of topics on quot how to Limit inbound internet download speed increase my download speed quot my wish is to quot decrease it quot Well the reason is simple I do have several machines on my private network And when I do download files on my main machine from servers which are really fast for example Megaupload or similar I do saturate my Mb connection with MB s which means other machines has strictly nothing left In fact they even cannot print a Google page I found some documentation on quot Advanced QoS options quot at Param tres de QoS avanc s in french sorry there should be a translation which seems to be dedicated to Windows Server versions I tried to use the same on Windows Vista the options exists and can be changed but this had no effect at all on my download speed in Firefox I set the value to the least Kb sec but was still downloading at MB sec I tried to reboot the machine in case this option would take effect only after it but this option really seems to have no effect at all Is it something that indeed works only on the server edition of windows Is there another way on windows to limit the inbound internet connection Would you recommend any free software which can make Limit inbound internet download speed something similar Thank you in advance any help will be fairly appreciated

A:Limit inbound internet download speed

Hello, Your best bet is to QOS at your router.

What router do you have? Depending ion the router, if supported i'd recommend using dd-wrt firmware on it.

So post up your router, and we'll go from there.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/289255-limit-inbound-internet-download-speed.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello how we all doing Good I however am not so good someone told me that ones psychological well being is connected to the state of ones comp Slow computer a declines dl speed/hdwrite 100% goes internet, to speed when CPU using progressively lot of irrtation Obviously this is true But I digress Have an issue with CPU goes to 100% when using internet, dl speed/hdwrite speed progressively declines high CPU that only occurs when internet network card is involved This makes my computer laggy According to asus liveupdate application I have the latest drivers for everything I even updated my BIOS through it CPU goes to 100% when using internet, dl speed/hdwrite speed progressively declines and it installed in windows somehow I did flash it via floppy or usb I have read that this software is very unreliable and buggy If someone can give a link to where ASUS posts BIOS revision history bugfixes I would appreciate it I can't find it on this link I start OS everything CPU goes to 100% when using internet, dl speed/hdwrite speed progressively declines is fine Fire up latest version of chrome my laptop has been connected on and off today and I have google update so it should be this very latest download anything I think anything at least from FTP and CPU load increases as the download speed increases It takes about - seconds for CPU to reach then the download speed decreases I think my comp can't handle that high hd write speed while CPU is If it gets up to MB s megabyte this happens Close dl finished paused CPU goes back down to normal levels of idling which I suspect is unusually high in my case Windows is not very snappy but not all too laggy either I get maxed out to MB s with ubuntu ftp CPU rises dlspeed declines just as described If I close chrome then start again CPU spikes to for half a second Even just opening my computer causes this This made me suspicious that it's simply my laptop that is weak it can't handle high hd write without cpu going bonanas However copying to HD from USBstick gets me a stable MB s with CPU not noteworthy elevated Problem persists with all program under explorer exe in processexplorer closed At one time interrupts went to - system idle was at at one point Processxplorer exe was See attached pictures At one point prcsexplorer said system idle processes is using CPU yet the diagram and systra is on How come Tested again with all eset smart security modules disabled the ones that can be disabled from right click of systray - system idle even as much as at one point Could eset still be root problem anyway I noticed for example one module needs reboot to be disabled Just now I restarted without barely any services and applications internet was not working spike to when opening my comp Also restarted with my normal applications and services cpu spikes to from opening browser and google docs On old stationary also cpu when connect to internet might this just be a switch issue Have a cheap no-name no brand-name simple one On the other hand I tested without switch only my comp connect straight to jacket in wall - problem remained Also same problem occured when I tested my laptop on the librarie s wireless some month ago On fresh install of ubuntu bit with a handful of software installed and no other modifications I get a stable cpu load of - with mb s- mb s from ftp via browser So no decline in dl hd write speed in contrast to W No unnormal elevation of RAM it rests at GB just as before dl started Once dl finished cpu goes to - If I recall correctly issue was there from the very beginning of getting it and the problem persisted after reinstalling windows bit ultimate and only installing a small number of software Note that a couple of months ago the only way to make CPU come down from was to reboot Or manually disconnecting then reconnecting network cable Or disable then enable network card ethernet adapter in device manager Also this impacted OS much more than now windows in general was very very laggy and ope... Read more

A:CPU goes to 100% when using internet, dl speed/hdwrite speed progressively declines

Try to update driver for JMicron PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Adapter, if already updated then try to roll back the driver.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cpu-goes-to-100-when-using-internet-dl-speed-hdwrite-speed-progressively-declines-628783.html
Relevancy 83.42%

So sometime ago around about the start of November my internet speed dropped out of nowhere and has remained at the constantly lowered speed since then Usually I would have a download speed of mbps however in recent days that s more like mbps When trying a bandwidth test that would usually have been about mbps however that is more like mbps now A way I used to scope what my bandwidth was was using the Formula com website where when you watch a video on it it will tell you your bandwidth rating before hand That as I say has dropped from the mbps to the mbps mentioned This is normally an and Speed Speed Drop Bandwidth Internet Sudden okay speed to do things however whilst my father is using Netflix the internet becomes so slow that it is basically impossible to do anything Normally on my old internet speed it would have not been a problem Now I ve done all the tests that are normally mentioned to Internet Speed and Bandwidth Speed Sudden Drop do as I have been searching for an answer since the Internet Speed and Bandwidth Speed Sudden Drop internet speed tanked It is not a computer specific problem as it is exactly the same on all devices connected to the router I have rung my ISP and they have said that my line should be receiving around mbps as we run on an ADSL connection However doing a line test through the same provider says we should be getting mbps My ISP reports no problems with the line and there has been no change at my end either When the internet suddenly dropped as I say it was a sudden speed decrease it didn t happen over a period of time it literally happened in an instant I was on a BT HomeHub This hub would continuously be disconnecting due to a fault however the internet speed was always at the mbps Bandwidth However around about the th- th of November as I say the internet just dropped but we were still having troubles with the disconnections A BT HomeHub was then upgraded to which has since stopped the disconnections but the speed has remained exactly the same Any advice would be appreciated on this and I thank you for any time that you put into this issue I just hope that it s something that can be resolved I just want to know what has caused it it s one of those things that just shouldn t happen but has and it is mighty frustrating Again thanks Phil nbsp

Relevancy 83.42%

Everything Opens up very slow web pages etc I have XP sp It's an HP Pavillion I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could Speed High Computer? Slow Internet, Speed examine my quot HijackThis quot file log below and tell me why is causing my computer to run slow as molassis Thank you so much and I'm looking forward to hearing from someone real soon Berzerker Logfile of High Speed Internet, Slow Speed Computer? Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C High Speed Internet, Slow Speed Computer? WINDOWS System svchost exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Comodo common CAVASpy cavasm exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFService exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C WINDOWS LTMSG exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFTray exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus CMain exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus Cavaud exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files interMute SpamSubtract SpamSub exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwsoemon exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavemsrv exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HiJackThis exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO mwsBar BHO - B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA - C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSBAR DLL O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar HP View - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpdtlk dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run CamMonitor c Prog... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/high-speed-internet-slow-speed-computer-189738.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I don't know if this really belongs here but you guys have been great answering my questions so far This is the issue I have Blast internet from Comcast If I test my download and upload speeds using quot Speakeasy quot direct without my router I get the results below Download speed Mbs Upload speed Mbs After shutting down the laptop and modem I reboot the modem After the modem is up I connect the router Then I reboot the laptop Checking the download and upload speeds again with quot Download and Speed Internet [SOLVED] Question Upload Speakeasy quot I get the following results Download speed Mbs Upload speed Mbs The upload speeds are comparable However the download speed is reduced substantially when using the router I could pose this question to Comcast but their support is just inadequate to say the least And I don't [SOLVED] Internet Download and Upload Speed Question want to rush out and buy another router if it won't help the situation My question is Is my router that [SOLVED] Internet Download and Upload Speed Question inefficient Do I need to look at purchasing another one If so can you provide some suggestions on what model etc I appreciate any advice you can provide Thanks

A:[SOLVED] Internet Download and Upload Speed Question

I had the same problem recently after a speed update with a fairly new Cisco Small Biz router and it means your router is "biting the dust" I'm afraid or simply not capable of these higher speeds. Finding a router to maintain speeds, or be capable of utilizing these upgraded speeds is getting tougher and tougher. I picked up a DLink DIR825 that instantly read the high 50 speeds.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/solved-internet-download-and-upload-speed-question-850650.html
Relevancy 82.56%

whats the best driver for whatiching online video?
adobe flashplayer
adobe shockwave
ect

EG:you have high speed internet,you use youtube alot.but you download limit is high so they dont lower your speed.but internet explorer still takes along time to load you videos NOT DOWNLOAD LOAD! like on youtube it takes up to 5 minutes to load videos(esspecialy when you wait ages only to get "rick rolled")can you speed this up? And can you do it with minimum assembley required without using a download?

thanks,again vista forums
skript kiddie

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/218488-dest-internet-video-driver-download-speed.html
Relevancy 82.56%

For a while now, my AT&T high speed DSL service has been dreadful for simple networking on the web. Videos on Youtube take forever to download, online games frequently disconnect, and web browsing is very slow. I currently use a Motorola modem along with a Belkin N450DB router; both of these seem to be working just fine with nothing odd going on. However when I use Speedtest I get horrible connection:

Download: .51 Mb/s
Upload: .21 Mb/s
Ping: 119ms

I don't know why these connection speeds are so low for all of the computers in the household, because even if only one computer is using the internet, speeds are still just as slow. Please help me on this problem if you can. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 82.56%

I connect problem speed slow - internet download Wifi my PC to my router using a wifi dongle I wish I could use Ethernet but it's just not practical My router is a D-Link Wireless AC my dongle is an Asus USB-AC They connect strongly usually at Mbps My incoming internet connection is passed through from the modem to the router The modem isn't broadcasting a Wifi signal My internet is a fibre connection provided by talktalk When testing with Speedtest my iPad mobile phone Macbook and other devices typically see down speeds of - Mbps and Wifi internet problem - download speed slow up speeds of - Mbps which is roughly what they should I mean I'm paying for Mbps but whatever My PC will occasionally get the same but very often the download is erratic and slow something like - Mbps and I don't know how to rectify it The upload isn't a problem so what I'm usually getting is Wifi internet problem - download speed slow an up speed that's - x Wifi internet problem - download speed slow my down speed The problem doesn't seem to be with the router or modem given that my other devices are getting good speeds and it doesn't help to troubleshoot through Windows because as far as my PC's concerned it's getting an internet connection it doesn't care about the speed so it doesn't suggest any solution I have tried various combinations of restarting the computer unplugging the dongle restarting AND unplugging and every once in a while after being plugged back in it starts to reach the - Mbps range but there's no consistency to it And I'm scared to turn the computer off because if I do it'll probably lose the speed again but I don't want to have to keep the damn thing on all the time I use Kaspersky Internet Security which is a recent purchase but I don't think that's the issue because I've occasionally been able to see the higher speeds while using it Do you have any ideas of what I can do to figure this out and get my PC to reliably see the down speeds it should Below is my ipconfig and Xirrus info Quote Windows IP Configuration Host Name Mike-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List lan Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix lan Description ASUS USB-AC ac Wireless USB Adapter Physical Address - C- A- -CD- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe af b f ea Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained March Lease Expires April Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - D-C - D-C -D -F - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix lan Description Intel R V Gigabit Network Connection Physical Address C - - -DE-F -CD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

Relevancy 82.56%

Since yesterday, I've been dealing with a suddenly reduced internet download speed, it's extremely frustrating. I have tried changing cables, restarting router by unplugging power and plugging it again after 10 minutes, a soft and a hard reboot directly from my linksys router (192.168.1.1). I have tried flushing DNS. It seems to be shifting back and forth. I am running "ping -t www.google.com" in the background and it clearly fluctuates, high ping, low ping.

As for internet speed, on steam it shows it's %20 of what I am supposed to get. Very seldom has it reached what it's supposed to be. This started yesterday when I was downloading a Samsung Software Update and noticing it takes a while to download just 1 MB let alone 1 GB.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/396234-suddenly-low-unstable-internet-download-speed-ping.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Dear friends

Could you help me figure out why it is that I have trouble browsing in high speed despite the fact that the wireless adapter receives data at 1 Mbps minimum? I haven't been able to watch videos on Youtube, read the news etc because the browser takes ages to load the full page. I checked which applications are connected and they haven't exchanged much data as you can see below:

Excuse my English!

Thank you.

A:Low speed internet despite high speed provided by ISP

Any ideas?
Thank you!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/16973-low-speed-internet-despite-high-speed-provided-isp.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I ve been having strange internet issues on my Windows Vista desktop computer I have tried to talk to my ISP about it but they haven t given me any help that has resolved the issue On the Wireless Network Connection Status window next to quot Speed quot it fluctuates constantly Having download/speed Vista on internet help) desktop Solved: issues (please and the signal also fluctuates constantly when it did not use to do this before and I am getting bad download speeds at times as well which also did not use to occur The signal will jump from quot Fair quot to quot Very Good quot a lot and will also say quot Good quot and quot Poor quot at times The quot Speed quot on the Wireless Network Connection Status window used to say Mbps and would only Solved: Having internet download/speed issues on Vista desktop (please help) fluctuate from to to to Mbps But now it won t even do that and it will say and more The download speed Solved: Having internet download/speed issues on Vista desktop (please help) is being affected I have tried unplugging my modem for one minute and plugging it back in My ISP has sent new codes to my modem several times There are no viruses or anything like that on my Vista desktop as I have scanned with MalwareBytes and SpyBot This seemed to start after I installed WinDirStat because my hard drive space was being taken up by nothing and I was trying to see what was going on My free space used to be GB but now it is only GB and I have done nothing to it The device for the internet I am using on my Vista desktop is a Dell Wireless WLAN Mini Card n I don t want to restore to factory settings again because the computer is too old to be doing something like that again This issue does not seem to be occurring on my Windows laptop It only seems to occur on the Windows Vista desktop If someone on here could help me fix this issue I would really appreciate it Thank you nbsp

A:Solved: Having internet download/speed issues on Vista desktop (please help)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-having-internet-download-speed-issues-on-vista-desktop-please-help.1145186/
Relevancy 81.7%

Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results

I just built my first pc, but my internet isn't working properly.

I have a fast internet connection, see speed test above. But I can't download any files via browsers. They start to download and immediately go down to 0 kb/s.

My network is AC 17050 Wireless Dual Band - Drivers are installed and updated. I downloaded the driver from their website after installing the driver from the cd and windows says it's up-to-date.

network card is installed into mb correctly,

I have a strong signal with 144mbps

I have tried everything, nothing seems to work. Can't connect pc to router with wire but shouldn't need to as i'm only in the next room

A:Fast Internet but NO download Speed (new build) no ipv6 connectivity

Welcome to the forum. Is your router set to AC not just n type? You wont get ipv6 as its not generally used so you can disable that with ac you should get 3 gig connection are you using 2 or 5 gigs connection?
See if this tells us anything

Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.
Downloading MiniToolBox

Checkmark following boxes:

Flush DNS
Reset FF proxy Settings
Reset Ie Proxy Settings
Report IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
List Devices (problems only)

Click Go and post the result.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/402071-fast-internet-but-no-download-speed-new-build-no-ipv6-connectivity.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi Frustrated I had posted this issue nearly two weeks Desktop on 7 Internet HP issues Windows download speed computer Solved: ago out of desparation and have been doing research across multiple tech forums to fix my desktop Solved: Internet download speed issues on HP Windows 7 Desktop computer issues found out the symptoms ain t unique Background I began having slow internet issues specifically downloads with my HP Windows bit desktop about months after purchase it is a year old dinosaur At the time I was running McAfee and kept getting the annoying quot your firewall is down click to upgrade quot message I ran Malware Bytes uninstalled McAfee so I thought and Solved: Internet download speed issues on HP Windows 7 Desktop computer downloaded my ISP Comcast Norton security suite from their site Download speed situation didn t improve and then I began to get the Norton Error Code As advised by one of the guys here I ran the Solved: Internet download speed issues on HP Windows 7 Desktop computer McAffee complete uninstall as well as Norton s Added to that my firewall was down so I did a deep scan nothing malicious detected and then the popular BFE and other step by step stuff provided by a kind soul on the Microsoft community forum to fix registry issues Firewall is back on and I am now using MSE for security protection - had enough of Norton McAfee Yesterday I activated service on a quot new and improved quot Comcast modem which I am supposed to be able to get the most out of the speed available My speed test for downloads on the HP desktop Mbps Latest research indicated a potential communication issue between my Linksys router model WRT N version and Windows requires an update to the firmware or drivers or something My last hope of fixing this myself which is beyond stretching my capabilities - I am a smart girl but this really sucks is trying this last thing Problems I can not find my router username password which is apparently different than my network ones really and I don t know how to interpret the cmd run recommended by a previous Tech Guy forum discussion thread - the media disconnected items are worrisome Would really appreciate any guidance help in troubleshooting resolving this issue My Dell laptop work computer and MAC laptop work just fine - they are speedy It is solely the desktop that is having these problems making my hair turn gray It would be a lovely Xmas gift to have my desktop functional again thanks so much in advance Windows IP Configuration Host Name HomeDesktop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd va comcast net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address AC- - - - C- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd va comcast net Description n Wireless LAN Card Physical Address AC- - - - C- A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f e bb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday December PM Lease Expires Saturday December PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C-CA-B - -AC-C -BE-C - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address -AC-C -BE-C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap hsd va comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -... Read more

A:Solved: Internet download speed issues on HP Windows 7 Desktop computer

As advised by one of the guys here, I ran the McAffee complete uninstall as well as Norton'sClick to expand...

did you use the removal tool for each ?

if you connect to the router directly with a cable , what speeds do you get

use
www.speedtest.net run a few times, and make sure nothing is else is downloading or anyone is connected to the router

the ipconfig /all looks OK

also post back an xirrus screen shot
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/

if you want to optimise base station position and signal strength / dead spots use
http://www.chimoosoft.com/products/apgrapher/ which has a graph function to monitor signal

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-download-speed-issues-on-hp-windows-7-desktop-computer.1081913/
Relevancy 80.84%

I just wanted to ask that whats the difference between a PC3200 and a PC4000. I read somewhere that the speed differences were only 10% between different RAM speeds, So is it really worth it paying for something thats more then twice the price if theres so little speed gain.

A:RAM Speed=Big difference?

Well, it all depends on the manufacturer. Right now im running PC2700 ram, If i was to even increase that to PC3200, I would see about a 40% difference. But as I said, it all depends on the manufacturer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-speed-big-difference.79700/
Relevancy 80.84%

I have a client that has a POS system. Server has 100 internal MB NIC, and 2 work stations have internal GB NIC. Could this cause server access to have intermittent problems? We have replaces drops and made sure Ethernet cable were good. All 4 cables have been certified.

A:P2P NIC speed difference

What kind of "intermittent" problems? NIC speed won't matter. Unless you are moving large amounts of data and maxing the connection, NIC speed shouldn't be an issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/p2p-nic-speed-difference.1158720/
Relevancy 79.98%

I was hoping to get some opinions on how much improvement you would see if you would increase your RAM from 128MB to 256MB. We have a branch office who is connected via a vpn connection to our remote servers. The connection is 512 Kbps and they are connecting to a published application via Citrix and they also run locally on their systems Excel and a Web based email service. One of the employees decided to add another stick of 128MB RAM to their machine and they say it is significantly faster. They are proposing that they need to have more RAM added for all their systems now. I would imagine that the systems would be a little bit faster but not very noticeably faster. What do you guys believe?

Thanks,

Relevancy 79.98%

I had some reason for moving from Sata mode AHCI to IDE (Reason in this thread)
Most material I read didn't have any compelling speed disadvantage so I did some informal speed tests. Results for those interested (This not an SSD):
CrystalDiskMark speed tests don't show any significant difference.
The first row is a sequential 1GB R/W test. Next rows are various random R/W tests.

A four thread unindexed search for a text string in
1,164 pdfs (1.7GB)
from 253,302 files (173GB)
Took: 2min 12 secs for AHCI and 2min 5 secs for IDE
Informal conclusion: No significant speed difference.

Add: In addition to specs listed. Seagate 1TB (ST31000528AS), AMI BIOS.

A:Speed difference going from AHCI to IDE

Compelling indeed. Do you think the resuts might be different for varying brands of SSD?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/131923-speed-difference-going-ahci-ide.html
Relevancy 79.98%

i have installed both vista and xp on my hd and i have a 5mbps DSL internet
on vista my dl rate is 400-500kbps and on xp with the exact same site i only get 256 kbps download i updated all the drivers and other things including ipv6 i was wondering if anyone can shed some light on my issue

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dl-speed-difference-vista-and-xp.744632/
Relevancy 79.98%

I recently purchased a Pentium from Hewlett Packard with the following specs Ghz FSB MB DDR SDRAM GIG on 2.53 Difference processor and 2.4 speed between the HD AT rpm DVD WRITER CDROM DRIVE FLOPPY Difference between 2.4 and 2.53 processor speed DRIVE blah blah blah with speakers optical mouse keyboard software etc etc I had to send it back as soon as I received it because a piece of the front plastic was broken off and they said they would issue a call tag and would immediately replace it with another one Based on this I sent the computer back Now I find out they do not have another one in stock and basically because they made an error in telling me they had another one they are offering to custom make one almost Difference between 2.4 and 2.53 processor speed identical to the one I bought except that The processor speed would be Ghz instead of Ghz The MB DDR SDRAM would be faster at instead of It would cost me a further on top of the price I paid for the other one because this is a later model and will be custom built I have to answer them today as the price is Difference between 2.4 and 2.53 processor speed only good for today Can anyone see any drawbacks There is very little difference in the processor speed although I had set my heart on Ghz but the memory is a bit faster Please anyone give an opinion on whether they would settle for this or whether they think this is fair or not Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 79.98%

I have Comcast Blast! which claims to be 50mpbs. I never get that.

My current modem is a Linksys CM100 (docsis 2.0)

My current router is: tplink tl-wr740N

I connect straight from an ethernet port, myself.

Would upgrading to a Docsis 3.0 modem make my internet speed faster? I currently have issues getting any streaming services to show in HD. There are also three computer in the household, the other two use wireless.

Insight appreciated.

A:Docsis 2.0 vs 3.0 speed difference.

I also have Blast and regularly get 52-56Mbs speeds, I have a DOCSIS 3.0 modem though, Motorola Surfboard SB6121. I don't know if it effects speed or not but a tech said it has something to do with channel binding to have a more stable connection. Too techy for me but I'd suggest you upgrade to the 3.0 version.

I had the same Linksys modem prior and after switching my DL speed nearly doubled from about 12Mbs to over 20Mbs on two PCs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/315853-docsis-2-0-vs-3-0-speed-difference.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Would you be able to notice a speed difference between a 1.6GHZ P4 400FSB Socket 478 Willamette and a P4 2.4GHZ 400FSB Socket 478 Northwood?

A:Noticable difference in speed?

No need to make 2 additional threads. Go back to: http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/919109-computer-upgrade-question.html You've been answered

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/noticable-difference-in-speed.919287/
Relevancy 79.98%

My sony camcorder will do streaming video capture using a usb connection but I was wondering if it would be worth getting a fire wire card to improve picture quality. Or is just speed that is the fire wire is better for? Thanks in advance for the help.

Relevancy 79.98%

Title pretty much sums up the question.

As of right now i have a FSB of 133 and a Bus Speed of 266.

I thought they were both the same?

On a side note, my multiplier is 12.5...I thought it was supposed to stay at 10, unless you're overclocking it...which I'm not.

Specs are:
Giga-byte GA7-VAX KT400 chipset
AMD Athlon XP 2000

A:Difference between FSB and actual Bus Speed?

They are the same. Read up on DDR to find out why.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/difference-between-fsb-and-actual-bus-speed.13360/
Relevancy 79.55%

Is this even possible? Ive never seen a download speed so low, I cant even watch youtube, and forget netflix. Yet my upload seems to be through the roof. What is causing this? .58mb/s DL with a 43.26mb/s upload @ 5 ms ping.

A:Extremely low download speed and extremely high upload speed

Might I ask what time of day you did that test? In My Opinion, the Internet is like the Interstate. You can't go fast at rush hour.
You should try it at different times of day to see if it changes.
You could even try another test site http://www.internetfrog.com/mypc/speedtest/
http://reviews.cnet.com/internet-speed-test/ http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
http://www.dslreports.com/stest
Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/extremely-low-download-speed-and-extremely-high-upload-speed.184515/
Relevancy 79.12%

well, i have a broadband connection. LAN.
When I download files, i use Internet Download Manager or DAP and it give speeds around 6-12 KB/s. Not good. But today I suddenly downloaded google earth (7.5 MB) in like 10 seconds. It showed me speeds of 800 KB to peaking around 1.2 MBPS!!!! I was shocked. And also, i get this superfast speed when i download from www.agni.com

but i get the small 6-12 KB otherwise. So, is this google's server thing and www.agni.com server thing??? Or my server thing?

I wanna kno wat actually is going on? and can I gett the same fast speed in other downloads as well...??

HELP:dead:

A:Inquiry about huge net speed difference

Firewall maybe??

probly blocking most things so it doesnt alow a partiualy fast speed on your download managers..

check out THIS to find out how to forward ports incase you dnt already know... if you do know how to... find the specific ports for the program and open them on both you firewall and router firewall

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/inquiry-about-huge-net-speed-difference.107422/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi I have and difference connection speed dropping a intel centrino laptop and pc which I use for the net The pc is hard wired to the router belkin F D v and use the laptop through its built in card XP on both during browsing or downloading everything pages and downloads stops for around a minute about every ten minutes or so sometimes up to twenty for the on gap then with no action everything resumes During this period the pc is also on it suffers no stall and the wireless connection to the laptop according to netstumbler never drops away and the conection is termed excelllent however when it resumes the bubble saying excellent connection reappears I have set the channels to the strongest signal using netstumbler info resited the router in the same room instead of upstairs and neither has helped the prblem exsists dropping connection and speed difference at all times of day and if the pc is on or off Any help would be great and any suggetsions of moitoring software so I can monitor actual data flow would also help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dropping-connection-and-speed-difference.617045/
Relevancy 79.12%

In my computer right now I have a 512 MB piece of PC3200 ram, and I have a 256 MB piece of PC2100 from a previous system that works. I was just curious on if maybe I should put this 256 MB piece into my computer, since my mobo supports it, but how much of a speed difference would I see from it (since the PC3200 piece will be running at PC2100 speeds then) and if it would be worth it in the long run. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 79.12%

I have 2 computers which I wish to network. I have a broadband, cable connection to my primary computer and no connection yet to my secondary. Is there sufficient difference in speed, or would I notice any difference at all, between the 11b and the G. 54mbps routers, to justify paying $40 more for the latter? CompUSA has on sale, this coming Sunday, a Netgear MR 814802.11b Cable/DSL wireless router for $29.99 after rebates. They also are offering a SMC Wireless G. 54 mbps Cable/DSL router for $69.99 after rebates. Which would be the best buy for the long pull?

A:Speed Difference Between Router Models?

If you go wireless, you'll see a large difference in local network speed between the 11mb 802.11b and 54mb 802.11g wireless connections. OTOH, you won't see any difference in Internet sharing speed, wired or wireless.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speed-difference-between-router-models.151783/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi guys, running w-7 500gb hdd 4gb ram. By looking at the shot of performance in the windows task manager, computer is running ok but of course not as fast as when new because of the added files. Will adding another 4gb of memory show any real difference.

thanks Gary

A:Will extra 4gb of ram show much of a difference in speed

If that snap is typical of your use, you already have plenty of RAM to spare. Check it at maximum usage if not. Otherwise the biggest performance increase would be a SSD, or at least a hybrid HDD. Poor man's solution would be to optimize the existing drive regularly. Also check the perf stats in control panel to see how various elements compare.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/349806-will-extra-4gb-ram-show-much-difference-speed.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi,
Yesterday I had BT Infinity fitted and my main PC (Wired) shows download speed of 70 megs but my laptop only gets around 4 megs download yet 5-6 megs upload.

Does that seem normal?

Thanks

A:Massive difference between wired and wireless speed

if you connect your laptop by cable to the router - what speed do you get - want to make sure its just a wireless issue

also post an xirrus screen shot - see below

make and model of the laptop - update (infact actually install) drivers for the wireless - i can find from the make and model of the laptop
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.
Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

Windows 8
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, type "snip" and press enter.
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3405830/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/massive-difference-between-wired-and-wireless-speed.1087358/
Relevancy 78.26%

im just wondering how can i make my downloads faster without getting one of the "tacky" download browsers that are not safesrry its 73.6 kbs per secEdit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/201286/how-can-i-speed-up-my-download-speed/
Relevancy 78.26%

Is it possible to increase the download speed from an ISP without using rubbish software which generally have Malware with it?

One word answers are not useful in this debate...
Be explicit and don't rant like I do!

A:Can you speed up download speed from ISP

Not it isn't, And none of those so called accelerators will either. The only way to get faster speed with your ISP is to get a faster package/connection if possible, or go with an ISP that offers faster connections.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/212929-can-you-speed-up-download-speed-isp.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi all,
I'm planning to get myself a 3G datacard. I'm not being able to decide whether to spend money for a 21Mbps one or go for a 14.4. Thing is in my city 3G speeds never reach beyond 3-6Mbps. So would the 21Mbps thing help? As in, in the same network, will the 21Mbps perform better than the 14.4 Mbps one or will they be similar in performance?
I'm thinking, if these have different compression and/or modulation technologies, the 21 Mbps card might have an advantage, like a 56k modem has better speeds than a 33.6k modem on a same not-so-good analog telephone line, mainly due to the different compression technology involved. I couldn't find proper information about this in the internet, so posted this question.

Thanks,

Relevancy 76.54%

If so what router should I get, I need A LOT of Ethernet ports, over 10, and wireless. Currently Iím using BT voyager 2100 wireless ADSL with a couple of LAN hubs to add ports. Any ideas or advice on how to improve my connection speed?

A:Solved: Does a good router make any difference to you broadband speed?

Well, if you can currently get full speed connections using the existing ADSL modem/router, there isn't much you're going to do by changing routers.

If you're looking to increase your local network file transfer speed, using a gigabit switch and connecting all the workstations to that will help, assuming you have gigabit ports on the machines.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-does-a-good-router-make-any-difference-to-you-broadband-speed.880283/
Relevancy 74.39%

guys please help me , it happens when ever i want. i speed test from speedtest.net and i get speed 0.89 mbps ( which is good for me) but if i download something , down speed is 2 kb. if i play a video it buffes so slowly that it takes ahour.

1 thing more, this happened few days ago on my laptop, so i started using internet on my pc , this this stopped and i got high speed.. but now after some days it has started again

A:Speed test gives vey good speed but down speed is just 2-3 kb

Quote: Originally Posted by Hassnain

guys please help me , it happens when ever i want. i speed test from speedtest.net and i get speed 0.89 mbps ( which is good for me) but if i download something , down speed is 2 kb. if i play a video it buffes so slowly that it takes ahour.

1 thing more, this happened few days ago on my laptop, so i started using internet on my pc , this this stopped and i got high speed.. but now after some days it has started again

When comparing speeds, remember to divide your speedtest result by 8. 0.89 mbps is around 101KBps.

Download speeds depend on many factors, inclduing the modem/router, traffic through your ISP at the time, and the type of download, just to name a couple.

What type of download is it? Are they torrents? These can often be slow.

Are downloads slow from everywhere?

You mentioned video buffering; Do you have downloads going at the same time that you are trying to view a video? Are there other people sharing your connection (eg other family members)?

You didn't say if you had tried rebooting the router/modem, or if you had been in contact with your ISP. These would be among the first things to try.

As you haven't stated what you have tried, I'm going to assume none of the following have been tried. Apologies if you have tried/tested the following.

If you plug a phone into the same wall socket at your modem do hear any noise/static or is is sound quality very poor or low volume? These might indicate physical line problems, which your Telco would need to address.

It's also possible the equipment at your local exchange is in need of a reboot. This is often referred to as a "Port reset". Your ISP can do this for you.

Other things you can try is replacing the phone and ethernet cable (if you are connected by cable), or replacing the line filter if you have one. If you have multiple devices on your phone line remove everything except your modem/router.

If you have a DSL connection you know that the speeds will vary dramatically from one hour to the next. But 2KBps is poor in any situation.

Have you tried doing ping and tracert to various sites? You ISP may want this information to place a fault report with your telco.

copy and paste results into an email to your ISP

ping www.google.com -t (Stop it after a minute or so).
ping www.yahoo.com -t (Stop it after a minute or so).

tracert www.google.com

See how you go with the above. Get back to us if you get no joy from your ISP/Telco.

hth
Tanya

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/253197-speed-test-gives-vey-good-speed-but-down-speed-just-2-3-kb.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Per this article from last year:

Comcast upgrades speeds for Xfinity Internet Performance users for free - SlashGear
Better late than never (I guess):

How to upgrade your speed (if applicable):

Complete these easy steps to ensure you're receiving your faster speed:

1 Shut down your computer
2 Unplug your modem from the electrical outlet
3 Plug your modem back in
4 Unplug your router from the electrical outlet
5 Plug your router back in
6 Wait 30 seconds and turn your computer back on
To ensure your modem is a DOCSIS 3.0 modem and can take advantage of this speed increase, please click here:

DOCSIS Devices

Just curious to know if I'm one of the last ones to get this free upgrade.

I live in southern NJ.

A:Comcast "Finally" Doubled My Internet Download Speed

Just search Broadband Forums. You'll find plenty of discussion including dish, cable, fiber,TV, internet data etc.. Comcast isn't neglected.

I'd post the name of the one I participated on when I had Comcast. But it's been a few years. I don't remember the name of the site. I seem to have lost the bookmark.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/44714-comcast-finally-doubled-my-internet-download-speed.html