Windows Support Forum

Viewing network share over wifi freezes laptop

Q: Viewing network share over wifi freezes laptop

Hi,
This is a strange one. I have an Acer netbook, Win7 Starter, which will access the internet fine, and which will view share folders on the LAN fine. But if I open up a share folder and view its contents in explorer, the machine will freeze within ten seconds.

Using ethernet, there is no problem.

I've updated drivers. Acer only had version 14, but the Intel site had version 16. This is an Intel N 100 wifi card.

I also swapped cards from another same model Acer, with no change.

The card's settings seem fine. File sharing is turned on on both machines. I'm not even framing the why's of this problem very well at this point.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Viewing network share over wifi freezes laptop

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Viewing network share over wifi freezes laptop

Hi there,

How big is the file that you are trying to transfer using Wi-Fi connection? Have you tried a smaller file?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/312365-viewing-network-share-over-wifi-freezes-laptop.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I recently decided it would be cool to be able to see a list of all the devices that are connected to my wireless internet Problem is I cannot for the life of me figure out how I've read that most routers modems have a way of showing you this but a my devices Viewing wifi network my on modem is really old and I don't know if it supports this and b I think the modem has a way to attach a special router to it but I have a completely separate router connected to it So while wifi works fine all the Viewing devices on my wifi network wireless setting on the modem are greyed out because it doesn't think I have any routers attached to it So maybe there's a way to view it under those settings and I can't because it's all greyed out My modem is an Actiontec M and I'm not really sure what the router is If someone can tell me how to see devices AND THEIR NAMES not just IP MAC addresses from that router that'd be great But what I'm really looking for is a program I can run on my computer to show me all the devices I've tried net view in cmd but that only gives me computers on the network and not devices like iPhones or iPod Touches I know McAfee Security Center has a Network View or something that does a pretty good job of at least showing all the IP addresses but a I'm trying out some different free AV Firewalls since McAfee is too resource-heavy and that's not at my disposal at the moment b it only shows IP address not device names very important to me and c I really want a standalone program to do this with Any help would be great Programs for Vista or are what I need not XP I say that because I did find one that might potentially work called SuperScan but it only works on XP Thanks

A:Viewing devices on my wifi network

Edit: I found Wireless Network Watcher - Show who is connected to your wireless network and it's almost what I'm looking for. Simple, small, no hassle. But it still doesn't show the device names of things like my iPod.

I'm fairly certain that it should be possible to see its name because a while back, my school sent out warnings to everyone that was connecting to their wifi saying that we had to stop because almost all the students were using it and it couldn't handle all that traffic. (A little while later they got smart and put a password on it) But I asked one of the people in charge how they knew who was on it, and they told me that most of the devices (including my iPod) had a device name that somehow identified the owner (In my case my iPod's device name was my full name so that was pretty obvious). So I'm sure there's got to be a way that I can see that info on my home network as well.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/293524-viewing-devices-my-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I have a Kodak ESP 3250 AiO printer running on a vista os. It does not have wifi or bluetooth. I am trying to share it to a laptop with windows 8. Can this be done and if so How? I have a netgear N600 wireless dual band router hooked to the vista machine along with the printer which is shared and plugged into the vista through a usb cable. I installed the printer on the laptop and it shows up in the control panel. All driver are on both machines. Try to print on the laptop and get error, cannot connect to kODAK ESP 3200 Series AiO. Which is the way its listed on mypc which is the host computer. I do get internet on the wireless laptop.
If this is possible please help I'm confused.

Relevancy 68.8%

When I'm networked to my laptop and I go to view, copy or open a file on the laptop from my desktop pc, it freezes for about 20 second before opening. It only does this every 3 or 4 attempts and not every time but when It happens it will lock up and i get the egg timer as if it's waiting for something to happen.

However this ony happens one way. When I view or open files on my desktop pc from the laptop I don't get this problem. Thing is I don't know what's causing it or which machine is at fault but I suspect it's the desktop pc because I'm also getting long delays when opening Internet Explorer window and the Network Icon in the system tray is showing no activity for about 20 seconds.

Can anyone shed a bit of light on this for me?

A:PC Freezes when viewing/copying network files

Fix for slow network browsing, Stop Browsing Scheduled Tasks.
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type regedit in the text box and click the OK button.

Once the Registry Editor has loaded, expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE key.
Next, expand Software and Microsoft, then Windows and expand that as well.

You will want to be editing the main system files, so expand CurrentVersion, then Explorer key.

Next, you will want to modify the remote computer settings, so expand the RemoteComputer key and then expand the NameSpace key to show all of the features that are enabled when you browse to a remote computer.

In the NameSpace folder you will find two entries. One is "{2227A280-3AEA-1069-A2DE-08002B30309D}" which tells Explorer to show printers shared on the remote machine. The other, "{D6277990-4C6A-11CF-8D87-00AA0060F5BF}," tells Explorer to show remote scheduled tasks. This is the one that you should delete. This will prevent the system from browsing the scheduled tasks on the remote computer which seems to take forever for some strange reason.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-freezes-when-viewing-copying-network-files.692150/
Relevancy 67.94%

Okay. I have two computers, a laptop connected to my router thats in another room via WiFi and a desktop in the same room as the laptop, with no wifi.

I am trying to share the WiFi through the laptop so that i dont need to purchase a Wifi card for the desktop. The problem is, that when i connect the two computers together with a crossover cable, and set both computers IPv4's to obtain IP and DNS automatically, i get an unidentified network. The desktop cannot access the net.

Both computers have been set to the same workgroup and i have also tried manually assigning IPv4 addresses and DNS's to no success.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/260746-unidentified-network-problem-while-trying-share-wifi.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I know this sounds like a crazy question but i travel a lot and i like to play my PS3. When i go to a new hotel some have a open internet connection and others don't. I want to connect my laptop to the wifi and share it to a separate router with a WPA2-PSK so that i have a more secure connection on the play station. Now first is this even possible to do? I use to beable to share my internet connection from my phone through my laptop to my ps3. Now when i try to do that just with the wifi in the hotels it doesnt have a high enough security setting. any information will help.
Thanks a lot!!

A:Share a wifi connection through a laptop to a router

Now when i try to do that just with the wifi in the hotels it doesnt have a high enough security setting. any information will help. Click to expand...

Maybe, but some information could help more than others. What/who says not "a high enough security setting"? What OS are you using? Trying to bridge the connections or use ICS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/share-a-wifi-connection-through-a-laptop-to-a-router.1070882/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a users PC, 8305 IBM running windows 2000 w/sp4 all patches, office 2000 sr1. Sohpos Anti virus. When accessing a a specific share on a 2003 file server word and excel will stop responding. A partial display of the first 8+ folders will appear with a partial listing and then freezes, waited 20 minutes to see if any laytent response, no such luck.
If you UNC to the folders outside of Word or Excel you can explore to them with no problem. The following have been tried with no success: Mapping a drive, reinstalling Office, then word, Reappling sp4. I've verified the group and individual access rights. There are only 355 files in the directory, 30 folders. Any assistance would we greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2000-freezes-when-browsing-network-share.266213/
Relevancy 65.36%

Problem share internet wifi from laptop to other mobile.

I have added hoc already, but still not working. other device can be connected a few minute then disconnect.

Wifi status: waiting for user.
Window 7 ultimate 64bits.

Why ?

Best regards

A:Problem share internet wifi from laptop to other mobile

I'm not sure all the nonsense data in your system spec's will help anyone address your issue.

Please fill it out properly so as your hardware and internet adapters are identifiable

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/206109-problem-share-internet-wifi-laptop-other-mobile.html
Relevancy 62.78%

So I accidently bent my Belkin surf and share WiFi adapter on my desktop, and the internet cut out. I assumed it was broken, so I plugged it into my laptop and turned the wifi switch to off to test it out. Strangely, it worked fine. Then I attempted other USB ports on my tower, none of them worked. The strange thing is I can see all of the available wifi networks, but can't connect to them. I tried uninstalling the drivers, restarting, and reinstalling but that doesn't seem to work. The chip is fine, as it worked on my laptop, but it refuses to work on the tower.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

A:Belkin Surf and Share WiFi adapter Doesn't work on desktop, yet works on laptop

Buy an adapter that hasn't been physically damaged.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-surf-and-share-wifi-adapter-doesnt-work-on-desktop-yet-works-on-laptop.1069005/
Relevancy 61.49%

Computer 1: Laptop with DVD read drive
Computer 2: Desktop without DVD read drive
Both machine OS WINXP PRO SP2
I would like to install a piece of software that is on DVD disk to my desktop machine. I would like to use the DVD read drive from the laptop. How can I share the DVD drive (laptop) over my network? The end result would be using my DVD drive to install software to the desktop machine.

A:How do I share (network) DVD drive from laptop

The steps are not much different than sharing a directory. In this case, right click on the DVD drive icon and select Share. Give it a share name and set the access permissions. Likely it is already set to Read which is all you are concerned about.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-share-network-dvd-drive-from-laptop.671836/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello,

i have 2 laptop that i need network it?

First laptop lenovo y460 and second dell 5110

first connect with a LAN Cabel. then i goto Local Area Network both laptop and set ip lenovo= ip
getway = 192.168.1.2
subnet mask 255.255.255.0

dell = ip
getway = 192.168.1.1
subnet mask 255.255.255.0

i goto change advanced sharing setting: (in both laptop)

Turn on Network Discovery
Turn on file and printer sharing
turn off password protection

but i can goto to another laptop is't name computer alfa1 . i goto run \\alfa1

but don't access to it! Also i'm a administartor

My OS is Windows 7 home premium and another system Windows 7 Ultimate

A:How network 2 laptop both and share files?

Hello,

Do you have a Homegroup setup in your network? If you do please verify your current setup with this Tutorial.
Home sweet homegroup: Networking the easy way in Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/234171-how-network-2-laptop-both-share-files.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi

I have a W8.1 PC connected to a Wireless modem by Ethernet cable, and a W7 Laptop connected by wireless to the
same modem.

I have a lot of stuff on my Laptop that I want to transfer (sometimes up to 200GB) to my PC, until now I have
copied the data to a USB, 30GB at a time then copied it top my PC.

This is painful and I want to copy it over the Network or from a shared folder.

I have looked on the net but all the instructions are vague and mention places I do not have, for example instructions say to go to the Public folder, there is no Public folder on either unit.

Is there a definitive guide for setting up a Network between a W8.1 PC and a W7 Laptop.

Thanks

Daniel

A:How to Share files or Network a W8.1 PC to a W7 Laptop

Try out homegroup: HomeGroup from start to finish - Windows Help - click next to continue (tutorial).

I could show you how to share a folder, or use the public folders, but that can be a bit more tricky. But only slightly so. If the above doesn't work for you, try locating the public folder via this link: How to Share Folders in the Windows 8.1 Public Folder - For Dummies (dummies is an instructional help, and does not imply how I feel about you or anyone else).

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/60639-how-share-files-network-w8-1-pc-w7-laptop.html
Relevancy 61.06%

We have been having issues with our wifi connection/internet for about a month. We have gone through replacing both our cable modem and our router. It seemed to start when our cable modem first died, but has still shown a problem even after replacment. I'll be using Safari, mostly playing Pandora and using an online scheduling system, and out of nowhere safari will stop loading, but the wifi connection isn't broken. I've noticed this problem with both Safari and Firefox. Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-freezes-but-network-still-shows-a-connection.1169735/
Relevancy 60.63%

My laptop freezes when wifi is turned on. When wifi is turned off it runs smoothly.Also there are other issues with the WiFi.1. Once turned off it cant be turned on. I've to restart my PC. 2. Network is there but sometimes WiFi shows no connectivity.  I'm stuck here with the problem as most of the work depends on internet. Appreciate your help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Laptop-freezes-due-to-wifi/td-p/5737379
Relevancy 60.63%

I have an Acer Aspire 5742 which is getting really annoying. if i move my laptop while its on it will freeze most times..easy way to solve that..dont move. which i now do but it has started freezing whenever im on the internet. thought it could be chrome so i reinstalled firefox, which interestingly didnt freeze straight away but made the computer really slow and eventually did freeze; tried internet explorer but froze again. Now im using an ethernet cable and it hasnt frozen once yet. Why is it freezing when i use wifi??

A:Laptop freezes when Im on my wifi or when i move the laptop

Welcome jburgess89.

This seems fairly odd, I suggest you check the hard drive connection, perhaps it is loose.

This video seems like it should show you how to take out hard drive. All you want to do is to make sure the cable is pushed in completely. How To Replace the Hard Drive in an Acer Aspire 5742 Series Notebook Laptop - YouTube

I think you can skip to minute 2:00. Remember to take battery out and unplug the power cable.

If you are not confident in doing this, then do not. You could damage something if you're not careful or too sure.

-----

How old is this laptop? If it is fairly new, is it still in warranty? Perhaps you could take it back to the place you got it from.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-freezes-when-im-on-my-wifi-or-when-i-move-the-laptop-605163.html
Relevancy 60.63%

My motherboard has a freezes wired Network to when switching from wifi process built in wifi card but ofcourse I use wired I use wifi for troubleshooting connections sometimes Network process freezes when switching from wifi to wired When I am done with wifi I disable wifi - about to enable ethernet But the wifi does not disable I click disable a few more times but nothing And I can not enable ethernet - Sometimes it can stop on enabling ethernet with that small loading rectangle screen that will appear for ever The only fix when the network Network process freezes when switching from wifi to wired process hangs is to hard restart I restart the pc from start menu but it stops on the screen quot restarting spinning thing quot - it still spins but spins for ever so I have to press my PC reset button On bootup i have a places to click in a picture for the password when I click the places it is still waiting for more clicks or quot start over quot if i wait long enough it finally realises I have already done the clicks correctly and lets me in

A:Network process freezes when switching from wifi to wired

bump ?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/61114-network-process-freezes-when-switching-wifi-wired.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi  When I try to connect t wifi ,  either of the below things happen 1. it gets connected2. it gets connected but connection is limited3. It does not get conected and wifi option greys out (cannot let me reconnect)4. The laptop freezes and I have to restart by the power button. The above things happen randomly, with the laptop freezing being the most frequent.I have tried updating the wifi driver (Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter) and also reinstalling it but the isue remains.There is nothing wrong with the wifi connection as all other devices connect to it smoothly, Please provide a resolution to this issue. ThanksRahul

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Laptop-freezes-when-connecting-to-wifi/td-p/5733743
Relevancy 60.2%

So just recently my LINKSYS WPC54GS WiFi card will freeze the touchpad and my external mouse and I have to restart my laptop without the card inserted to get the touchpad to work again. If I restart the laptop with the card in it, the Windows boot screen will hang up and stop booting. Any clues to my dilemma?

I was thinking BIOS maybe, but I don't have enough knowledge with computers to try to mess with that stuff.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wifi-card-freezes-my-hp-laptop-200800.html
Relevancy 59.77%

So basically - as the subject says - 
Having a brand new Dell XPS 15 9550
with most recent Dell Wireless 1830 802.11ac drivers
cmd command "netsh wlan show drivers"
shows that current driver does not support hosted network,
meaning, that i am unable, for example, to share my ethernet internet connection Over wifi to other devices - i am unable to make my laptop a hotspot.
Which is ridiculous in 2016 and for a laptop of this level and is basically a prerequisite to be Windows 10 approved.
So my question is DELL, what the ***? When do we get normal drivers?
Anybody has the same issue - knows the workaround? Thanks.
I could not have expected that 2000$ laptop would not be able to do that. this is soul crushing.

A:Dell XPS 15 9550 - Dell Wireless 1830 802.11ac - Hosted network supported : No - cannot share Ethernet connection over WiFi

same here. :( XPS 13 9350..

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19674915
Relevancy 59.34%

For some reason my laptop takes forever to connect to a shared drive on my desktop on my home network. I've tried connecting to it by mapping the drive and through windows explorer and same thing. Sometimes it won't even connect at all. I don't have this issue with other computers on the network. And when I say a long time I am meaning like 5 minutes or more. At first it was maybe only 1-2 minutes but it is getting worse. My mouse icon has had the spinning ring around it trying to connect the whole time I have been writing this. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Both computers are Win 7 pro x64 with sp1. Desktop is wired directly to the router and laptop has excellent signal strength. Both have DHCP reservations set in the router. The way I usually connect is by starting a run box and typing \\[desktop pc name]\[share] then it just spins for a while.

A:Laptop taking a long time to connect to network share, if at all.

Hello,

From your laptop's Device Manager, locate the network adapter in question, right click on it, choose Advanced Tab, find link Speed and Duplex. Change the Auto Detect to Auto Negotiate 1000 or 100mbps. See if it helps.

Firewall or Security Software might be also interfering.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/197544-laptop-taking-long-time-connect-network-share-if-all.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi Guys,

Brother has himself a new laptop running vista. He can connect to the wireless router and get internet access, but we cannot figure out how to share the printer which is connected to my computer running XP sp3.

Anyone got any ideas?

A:Solved: Help needed trying to share printer with a laptop on a wireless network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-needed-trying-to-share-printer-with-a-laptop-on-a-wireless-network.745448/
Relevancy 59.34%

I m having a really annoying problem which is making my laptop almost unusable and a hassle to connectivity wifi and adapter limited randomly network 802.11n Broadcom gets freezes use After a while of my laptop being on my wireless network adapter will suddenly get quot limited connectivity quot and won t connect to the internet Disabling and enabling the adapter will cause my computer to freeze requiring a restart The same with troubleshooting The only thing which fixes this is a fresh reboot however it always occurs again within the hour Sometimes the entire adapter will randomly just disable itself and the computer will completely Broadcom 802.11n wifi network adapter randomly gets limited connectivity and freezes freeze meaning I have to press the power on off Sometimes the adapter will just disappear from Device Manager Searching for quot plug and play quot devices will cause it to freeze Apart from having to reboot what also seems to work is disabling the wifi from PC Settings putting the computer to sleep then awaking it and turning wifi back on I ve had to do that times whilst typing this post I ve tried flushing my dns registering it renewing and releasing Assigning a static DNS address All those things Though I may have done them wrong Specs Laptop model Samsung RV i notebook from around GB RAM Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Operating system Originally came with Windows bit installed issue began on this I installed Windows bit Pro a month ago did not reset settings Problem persists Broadcom n wireless network adapter Device ID Driver date Driver It s the latest driver according to Windows I keep uninstalling the driver and installing random ones from etc however the same problem persists I ve tried uninstalling the driver and just rebooting but problem still comes back after a while When it works Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Stefan gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Zangara-RV Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Home Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address - B-B -A - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter Physical Address - B-B -A - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter WiFi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Home Description Broadcom n Network Adapter Physical Address - B-B -A - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained April Lease Expires April Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -BD- -E - - - D- - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - B-B -F -DC-FC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address E - - - D- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Stefan gt Ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Stefan gt Ping google com Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round tr... Read more

A:Broadcom 802.11n wifi network adapter randomly gets limited connectivity and freezes

Three things from your post
Sometimes the entire adapter will randomly just disable itself, and the computer will completely freeze, meaning I have to press the power on/off. Sometimes the adapter will just disappear from Device Manager. Searching for "plug and play" devices will cause it to freeze.Click to expand...

and
It's the latest driver according to Windows. I keep uninstalling the driver and installing random ones from 2006, 2011 etc however the same problem persists.

I've tried uninstalling the driver and just rebooting, but problem still comes back after a while.Click to expand...

and
I think I may have had a trial version of McCafee a long while back, which has now been uninstalled.Click to expand...

As the adapter is disappearing from device manager , it may well be a hardware issue -
it maybe worth

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try reseating the wireless adapter

If the adapter is easily accessible, usually through a cover on the bottom of the laptop.
Remove and reinsert it carefully and firmly to make sure it is not loose.
Then remove and carefully and firmly replace it several times to cure any possible looseness or corrosion.
At the same time check to make sure the antenna leads are securely attached.
Note: This is not taking the machine apart. We do not recommend removing the keyboard when that is necessary to find the wireless.

With the driver comments , have you actually re-installed a driver - rather than update - we often see windows , thinks you have the latest but actually, you need to install the driver

from the samsung site http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/NP-RV511-A01UK-downloads
Windows 7(32bit,64bit) / 5.100.82.95 / Wireless LAN,BROADCOM / 23 Sep, 2012 / MULTI LANGUAGE
46.03 MB

appears to be the latest version
Downloading the zip file - it has an auto install/setup

remove mcafee with the removal tool
you dont need to loginto the website as in the first part of the instructions - just download the removal tool and run

--------------------------------------------------------------

Mcafee Removal Tool
http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101331

http://majorgeeks.com/McAfee_Consumer_Product_Removal_Tool_d5420.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/broadcom-802-11n-wifi-network-adapter-randomly-gets-limited-connectivity-and-freezes.1097068/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have been trying for some time to accomplish the title result. I'm not techie enough to do it.

What I want is to be able to use a Tablet to read in the rear of my home (which is out of range for incoming wifi signal.)

If I can set up the computer to do this, I will cable connect to a router in that area.
I have two computers and could use either.

1.a PC running XP (should update to windows 8.1, but have never bothered to do that, since XP works just fine. (I had this computer sharing to the router, when I had DSL internet connection, using Windows wizard to set it up) Couldn't get it to work when I switched to WIFI internet access) I could switch to win 7 or 8.1 if that would help.

2. a Lap Top running WIN 8.1,

Any help is appreciated.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/75655-internet-access-via-wifi-share-wifi-via-second-router.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a unusual case where I need to setup two mapped network drives as possible to is name? Why users share multiple the not share map the without different to network single drives machine as same it manipulating from two different users to the Why is it not possible to map multiple network drives to the same share as different users from single machine without manipulating the share name? same share location When I attempt to Why is it not possible to map multiple network drives to the same share as different users from single machine without manipulating the share name? map the second drive after inputting the user name and password the system goes on its merry way for a few seconds and then returns me back to the username password input If I change the second mapped network drive to use the IP address the two shares work happily If I manipulate the host file and point two paths to the same address then I can also work around this problem However I would simply like to know why I am blocked from setting two mapped drives to point to the same share with different credentials nbsp e g TestFolder on TestServer is shared to TestUser amp TestUser where the IP of TestServer is Case If I map S to TestServer TestFolder using TestUser if I then map T to nbsp TestServer TestFolder using TestUser it will not work nbsp Case Mapping nbsp S to TestServer TestFolder using TestUser if I then map T to nbsp TestFolder using TestUser it will work and I can access the folder as the two different users Case If I map S to TestServer TestFolder using TestUser if I then map T to nbsp TestServer TestFolder using TestUser it will also work but I am accessing S amp T as the same user nbsp Why do cases work but case does not nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6dc19004-960c-4c66-b98b-57342830f38e/why-is-it-not-possible-to-map-multiple-network-drives-to-the-same-share-as-different-users-from?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 57.62%

Just need a little help...... I scanned a few old pics to my computer, but the only program they would scan under was Windows Picture and Fax Viewing. but now I want to send them to my sis on yahoo messenger but when i try, my computer does not show them available?

What have I done wrong, or what do I need to do to share them???

Thanks anyone in advance...........................

Relevancy 56.33%

I just bought a msi s30 laptop yesterday. So everything went fine when I test the wifi connection before I go to sleep. When I say fine, I mean I could connect to the internet. Then when I woke up this morning, I turn on the wifi but it says "no network found". I check the router and it is working perfectly fine. I also checked the device driver and its also working properly. I can't seem to find the problem. Please help

A:Wifi is on on but no laptop can't find network!!!! Please

Perhaps you have set your router to disable SSID broadcast, and you didn't save the WLAN settings before powering down (ie didn't select 'connect automatically') ??

Q's

1. Can you connect wired?
2. What WLAN symbol is showing in the notification area?
3. open a cmd screen and type ipconfig /all then post the resulting output

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/27041-wifi-but-no-laptop-cant-find-network-please.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I'm new here so if this isn't the place to put this, I'd appreciate it's being moved. :)

We changed ISPs a few days ago. All worked well except that my laptop isn't showing me any area networks to hook onto, including mine. My tablets work as does 3G on my smartphone. Apparently my Dell Vostro is locking me out?

Any help here? Anyone know if there's a switch inside the laptop that got turned off?

MM.............and thanx! for any help I can get. I really hate to call the Geek Squad. :(

A:Laptop Won't Find My WiFi Network

and welcome to the Forum

Are you sure the wireless router is set to broadcast a SSID ( the name you see when you search for signals)

The laptop should have either a sliding switch that turns the wireless on and off, or a FN + F key that does it.

lease Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-wont-find-my-wifi-network-672224.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello I can't seem to connect a laptop to the wifi network. Windows xp service pack 3 I have other devices connected on the network and I am able to connect onto other networks with this laptop.I have tried to enable and disable radio and to connect without security enabled and it still doesn't work. I have checked intel's site and it says I have the latest driver for my adapter.
Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : mccloske-4bc923

Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :

Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid

IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-16-6F-4B-66-78

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-14-22-D9-D6-C8

A:can't connect laptop to wifi network

Often with that adapter you need the driver from the laptop manufacturer's web site.

I think that adapter is not compatible with WPA2. Try with no encryption and if that works then try WPA-PSK.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-laptop-to-wifi-network.1094763/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello

I'm green in the manner

My daugter laptop use to connect to the home network. The network name is recognize by the laptop
The signal strength is 100%

Windows diagnostic say to verify the laptop configuration to match the wireless network router.

Where do I see those parameters

What should I look for?

Martin

A:Can't connect Laptop to wifi network

Hello,
Does she have internet access meaning can she see Google?
Im on an Ethernet but it should look something like this:

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/325893-cant-connect-laptop-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi all. I have a laptop in my dorm room about less than block away and I have a very weak signal (1 bar or less) and I want to know if I could be able to hook on the net with the this network. I've gotten about 45,000 packets sent to me when I had 1 bar but none were received. This is probably because the signal is so weak. Is there anyway I can increase the network strength? Maybe I can buy something like a router or antenna or something to make it reach the network. I have no idea, I'm new to this stuff. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

A:Laptop Connection to WIFI Network

Is the WIFI provided by your school, or are you just picking up a signal from somebody's elses router??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-connection-to-wifi-network.382444/
Relevancy 56.33%

My laptop is not connecting to my wifi network, my phone and my other laptop are connected to the same; also if I use a lan cord it is working fine. Please help at the earliest. below is the details fom CMD
Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : sudaksh
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR5007EG Wireless Network Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-17-C4-08-A8-0C

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Marvell Yukon 88E8039 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1D-72-03-DC-5B

PPP adapter TATA PHOTON+:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : WAN (PPP/SLIP) Interface
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-53-45-00-00-00
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 219.64.189.240
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.255
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 219.64.189.240
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 4.2.2.3
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

A:my laptop is not connecting to wifi network

The following was put together mostly by etaf with a little help from me.

Atheros AR5007EG & AR5007
We have been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters for over a year, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and windows Vista.

The adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
--- Please post back here if that works or does not work.

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver." That apparently has worked for some posters.

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section, as some manufactures, appear to now have a working driver available.
Toshiba - update has worked for some PCs
HP The latest HP Atheros driver dated Sept 2010 has fixed the issue - so check the driver date, However, that does NOT apply to all HPs / Compaqs machines
- the poster did an online scan for driver updates on the HP website here HP Product Detection which resulted in a solution. Solved: Can't connect to internet wirelessly - Atheros AR5007 Wifi through Clear Comm - Tech Support Guy Forums

If you can post the Make and EXACT model of your PC here, along with the windows version you have and we will see if we can find the driver and will post a link as a reply here.

--- 3) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue

--- 4) A few posters here with the same issue have found that the driver from this site ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows resolved the issue
Threads are here
Solved: Public Network - Access: Local Only (Please help!) - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: NetGear WNDR3700 Incompatibilty W/ Atheros AR5700 - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: Local connection only when connected to secured wirless - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: Unidentified Network - Tech Support Guy Forums
Unidentified Network
I do NOT know anything about the site mentioned ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows

However, if you do decide to try the driver, Please let us know the outcome

Direct link to the drivers are below
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " click to download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

AR5007
Vista 32 Bit
Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista
Although this driver has shown up in BSODs (Blue Screen Of Death) on Vista SP2 systems, usually conflicting with updated Vista OS drivers like netio.sys, tcpip.sys and other networking related drivers.

AR5007EG
Vista 32 Bit
Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista
Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

You might also bug your laptop's tech support about the problem--maybe people can put pressure on Atheros to find a fix.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-is-not-connecting-to-wifi-network.1042644/
Relevancy 55.47%

I am unable to get my laptop to connect to the internet when my wifi network has any type of security option or authentication selected. i want to password protect my network and it shows that the network name and passphrase i selected are correct on the router setup page. I can connect to wifi just fine when there is no authentication set on the network, but when I change it to WPA2 or WEP or any type of security on the router setup page, my laptop is able to find the network and connect with local only access. it gives me the option to reset the network adapter or generate a new ip address, but the problem still persists, and the connection only works when there is no password. is it my laptop or the router that is the problem. it has worked previously with a different router with password security.

A:laptop won't connect to wifi when network is protected

can we have the wireless adapter make and model - will be in ipconfig /all

Post an ipconfig /all

also have a read about a particular issue we are seing on vista with an AR5007 type adapter - which may apply if its the same adapter and you are on vista

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Atheros Wireless Adapter - AR5007EG & AR5007
We have recently been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapter over the last few months, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and windows Vista.

The adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
--- Please post back here if that works or does not work.

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver." That apparently has worked for some posters.

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section, as some manufactures, appear to now have a working driver available.
Toshiba - update has worked for some PCs
HP The latest HP Atheros driver dated Sept 2010 has fixed the issue - so check the driver date, However, that does NOT apply to all HPs / Compaqs machines
- the poster did an online scan for driver updates on the HP website here HP Product Detection which resulted in a solution. Solved: Can't connect to internet wirelessly - Atheros AR5007 Wifi through Clear Comm - Tech Support Guy Forums

If you can post the Make and EXACT model of your PC here, along with the windows version you have and we will see if we can find the driver and will post a link as a reply here.

--- 3) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue

--- 4) A few posters here with the same issue have found that the driver from this site ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows resolved the issue
Threads are here
Solved: Public Network - Access: Local Only (Please help!) - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: NetGear WNDR3700 Incompatibilty W/ Atheros AR5700 - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: Local connection only when connected to secured wirless - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: Unidentified Network - Tech Support Guy Forums
Unidentified Network
I do NOT know anything about the site mentioned ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows However, a number of forum members have now successfully used the site to update the driver

However, if you do decide to try the driver, Please let us know the outcome

Direct link to the drivers are below
You only need to click on the ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-connect-to-wifi-when-network-is-protected.992938/
Relevancy 55.47%

My laptop isn t connecting to my home network but my ipod and other computers are here are the details from CMD Windows IP Configuration Host Name Iris-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address E - A- F- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c be a b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained November- - PM Lease Expires December- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -B - - -D -DF- A- - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap C A AC -EEDC- CAF- - EE BDF BA D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d ab f f ff Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe f f ff Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip connecting to network are Laptop but wifi other not devices Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Laptop not connecting to wifi network but other devices are

looks like you have an ipaddress

can you do the following three pings tests

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG , Webroot etc

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> type CMD to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

For Windows 8
to open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.

Type the following command
Ping {then a space and then add the number that is shown against the item labelled "default gateway" shown in the results from the ipconfig /all}
Post back the results in a reply here
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router.
The next two Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet. google is to test by name and the ping test using a number is checking that a connection exists without DNS.
these tests then confirm if there is a dns issue on the connection.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-not-connecting-to-wifi-network-but-other-devices-are.1078860/
Relevancy 55.47%

New HP Envy All in one wireless printer has the following nbsp issues and is not connecting to HP lap top in a shared WIFI network nbsp Prints via Apple air print okPrints via usb conflict IP PRINTER/WIFI NETWORK/LAPTOP OKFails to E print or via wifi network Info nbsp Printer is connected to a StudentCom network and displays it is connected in printer settings and has a specific IP address nbsp IP conflict PRINTER/WIFI NETWORK/LAPTOP Using HP Scan and print doctor on my laptop it fails to see my printer but shows a printer on a different IP address nbsp My lap top connects to the apparent same StudentCom wifi network and accesses all other internet services but fails to see my printer nbsp In addition I am using HP instant ink and it appears not to be on any network and so is not monitirong my usage Could there be serveral IP addresses within the same WIFI network given it is a University Halls location nbsp I will appreciate any help ThanksPath

A:IP conflict PRINTER/WIFI NETWORK/LAPTOP

And if you are using the school's network it is very likely the ports needed for internet services on your printer are blocked. In a dormitory room you probably want to print using usb. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/IP-conflict-PRINTER-WIFI-NETWORK-LAPTOP/td-p/5789085
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello new to the forum and relatively devices can. One to Other laptop network. cannot connect WIFI tech-newb One laptop cannot connect to WIFI network. Other devices can. I got a new DSL connection in my apartment today Router was set up fine and most devices are working my iPhone my friend's laptop and my old laptop However I can't seem to connect to WIFI with my primary laptop Windows One laptop cannot connect to WIFI network. Other devices can. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the network drivers I tried turning off the router and turning on again I also tried resetting the TCP IP stack with netsh int ip reset c resetlog txt and restarting Not entirely sure what that does but I read it somewhere No improvement I can provide two ipconfig logs The first one is from my old laptop which is successfully connected to the WIFI network --- Microsoft Windows XP Version copy Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Lenovo gt ipconfig allWindows IP Configuration Host Name Paudical Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List localdomainEthernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel reg PRO PL Network Connection Physical Address - - - B- F-DDEthernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description TAP-Win Adapter V Physical Address -FF- -DF-D -BFEthernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix localdomain Description a b g Wireless LAN Mini PCI Express Adapter Physical Address - -CF- C-F - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained October Lease Expires October C Documents and Settings Lenovo gt ---- The second is from my primary laptop which will not connect --- Microsoft Windows Version Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Intel gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Intel-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description n Wireless LAN Card Physical Address - - - -B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac a d ab a d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - C- - - - - - - -B - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TAP-Windows Adapter V Physical Address -FF-BF-F -DB- E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address BC-EE- B- A- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - - -B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap FE - E - CE- - A B CB C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BC B -DBAA- EB - D- D EFB D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Intel gt --- I can see that there is differences there with the IP address etc I'm just not sure what to do with that informati... Read more

A:One laptop cannot connect to WIFI network. Other devices can.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/593594/one-laptop-cannot-connect-to-wifi-network-other-devices-can/
Relevancy 55.47%

Using a Dell XPS laptop that used to recognize wireless networks, but now has stopped. I have an Intel Centrino Wimax 6250. Recently had some work done on my computer and it may be missing the driver so I downloaded it and a utility from Intel but still not working. The wired connection works fine. Would appreciate any help.
My system is below:
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 30 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 6132 Mb
Graphics Card: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter, 5 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 104064 MB, Free - 11898 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0VV228
Antivirus: ESET Endpoint Antivirus 5.0, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 55.47%

i just bought a hp pavillion 15-R005TX , but it refuses to detect my homes wifi signal .i have gone through the previous posts on this site and i hv changed the ssid name of my router, but still the laptop is not detecting the wifi.Then is used my android phone as a hot spot and it was detected by the laptop but no site not even google could be opened (it may be bcoz of weak signal). i hope to get some solution soon thanks in advance 

A:hp laptop not detecting home wifi network

Hello @rohitseth21 , Welcome to the HP Forums! I understand you're having connection issues on your 15-R005TX notebook.If the notebook sees the hotspot but doesnt see the routers SSID you might be better off inquiring with your Internet Service Provider or router manufacturer. Here are some steps you can try. Powercycle the network:1. Shut down your notebook.2. Unplug the power to your router.3. Unplug the power to your modem.4. Wait at least 45 seconds.5. Plug in the modem, and wait for it to come back online.6. Plug in the router, and wait for it to come back online.7. Turn on your notebook, and test your connection.Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.Reinstall the network adapter drivers:1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.3. Expand Network adapters.4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.6. Restart your PC and test.If those three steps do not resolve the issue, try this document published by Microsoft for networking issues: Wired and wireless network problems. You can change the operating system with the dropdown in the upper-right corner of the document. Hopefully this helps!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/hp-laptop-not-detecting-home-wifi-network/td-p/4357812
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi. I'm using a Gateway NV54 laptop and the wifi isn't connecting to the home network or internet. The wifi worked before the install, but not after. I have another laptop and the wifi works fine for it.

Recently did a clean install of Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-bit. Installed all drivers. Current wireless driver is Intel Wireless LAN Driver (since the laptop uses Intel Pentium processor).

When I click my home network in the list of connections it asks for the security key. I put in the key and immediately it says "windows was unable to connect to this network." Tried this multiple times. I can connect with ethernet but not wireless.

Tried pressing Xfinity router wireless button to pick up the laptop but it didn't work. Tried logging into Xfinity router from the other computer and manually put the laptop's computer name and mac address into router, restarted router, still can't connect.

Any ideas? Thanks.

A:Wifi for laptop not connecting to network/internet

Hi Kevin ... Welcome to Seven Forums .. Have you any errors in the Device Manager ? ....

Did you Install the Wireless Driver from the Gateway Website ? ...

:Noticed there was 3 Wireless Drivers on the Gateway Website :

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/378272-wifi-laptop-not-connecting-network-internet.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello all nbsp I have this nbsp J B PA ACJ product named laptop I had this wifi issue since I have been using the laptop but then I installed updated drivers on Win doesnt Laptop my network wifi detect and wifi issue was resolved Later when upgraded to Laptop doesnt detect my wifi network Win the issue began like Wifi signals disappear or suddenly my wifi network doesnt appear at all After few days updating the drivers from MS resolved this nbsp It has been quite a while and again this issue has begun my wifi network doesnt appear even if I connect wifi adapter to it the network doesnt show up whereas all my near by networks are available I even tried resetting my wifi router to see if my Wifi router has some issues but the problem seems to be in laptop itself Currently I either need to use the internet by LAN or by USB Bluetooth tethering from my Android mobile nbsp Hereby I look for a final solution to this recurring problem of Wifi nbsp Kindly let me know inputs needed from my side nbsp nbsp nbsp Hoping for a help Thanks in advance nbsp Nirmal

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Laptop-doesnt-detect-my-wifi-network/td-p/5608024
Relevancy 55.47%

last day I resize the wifi in to network laptop my connect unable c partition boot partition today I try to connect wifi network but my laptop not show my wifi network via windows phone network sharing I shows all my problem in above picture I search in unable to connect wifi network in my laptop internet and find one solution that is quot only chance to upgrade os to solve quot please visit link - I receive Error code x whenever I try to use the - Microsoft Community what I unable to connect wifi network in my laptop do I not have any upgrade os dvd so l planned to download Windows Embedded Industry Pro in https www dreamspark com Product P x productid and burn in DVD My question is that DVD helps to upgrade my Windows home basic to Windows Embedded If yes how to upgrade If that DVD not helps to upgrade my os I planned to dual boot win and embedded win my question is after dual boot In windows I able to connect Wi-Fi say your solution for my problem I try sfc scannow I get following result what I do next

A:unable to connect wifi network in my laptop

For the fastest repair option, you could do a repair install.

Repair Install

You do not need to upgrade your OS to fix the issue.

When did this start happening?

Install any hardware or software recently?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/333446-unable-connect-wifi-network-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi My laptop has recently stopped connecting to my wireless network There is nothing wrong with the router as all my other wifi devices still work on the network xbox flatmates laptop etc so I assume its something network to has Laptop Wifi stopped connecting to do with my laptop I have tried restarting the router and it hasnt helped neither have any of the windows tools I have run ipconfig all while the the connection was down and will post the report at the end of this post I am currently connected Laptop has stopped connecting to Wifi network to the internet with an ethernet cable I have checked that all my drivers are up to date and they are so I dont think that is the problem either I have tried removing the encryption from my network and connecting and have still had no luck I am running Windows Thanks for your help Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Rav gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Rav-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -FB-B -A -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Home Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - -B - - C-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap Home Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DC D-FD - - - E BF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

I have my own modem router So i connect to it via ethernet so wired connection Sometimes i would use it on wifi However recently a new internet wifi connection has shown up in my wifi connections Laptop Keeps Wifi Network? Connecting Unsecured To and my computer keeps trying to connect to it Im not sure percent if it has or not but many times it would say limited access etc I have no clue why it does this Is there a way to delete this wifi network along with a few other ones near me I have my own Laptop Keeps Connecting To Unsecured Wifi Network? internet connection thus i only use it only I checked online and went to network connections but for some reason don't see this internet connection at all How is that the case When i check my wifi connections it shows it all the way at the bottom along with a Laptop Keeps Connecting To Unsecured Wifi Network? yellow exclamation point I Laptop Keeps Connecting To Unsecured Wifi Network? have no idea why my laptop keeps trying to connect to it I also have tons of issues connecting to my main internet connect because of this Anyone know why

A:Laptop Keeps Connecting To Unsecured Wifi Network?

It has also shown as connected to that wifi network. If thats the case, why cant i delete it in the network connections option? I dont see it at all. Its very strange. How did this wifi connection even show up?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/388611-laptop-keeps-connecting-unsecured-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey guys i m having similar troubles here friends laptop is unable to connect to a network through wifi it will connect to internet but only through cable hookup i network to to wifi through a is connect laptop unable can locate my network but when laptop is unable to connect to a network through wifi i hit connect type in correct password it tries for say - seconds then says quot Windows was unable to connect to my network quot i know its not my router i have several things that can connect to my network without problems only this laptop seems to have a problem she has a ralink wifi adapter which is said to be notorious for going bad but i can neither conform or denai that i ll list what specs i know how to find and hopefully that will help any help from you all would be great also if you need me to post some data could you explain how to find it and the like thanks Specs Windows home premium service pack HP pavilion g notebook AMD A - M APU with radeon hd graphics GHz GB GB usuable RAM -bit operating system Network Adapter Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter Ralink RT b g n wifi adapter let me know what you think please nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

So this has been going on for a few months I have an HP DV - wm laptop that will only get around Mbps network devices Laptop - is on All other fine slow Wifi to over wifi I have Uverse with the Mbps plan Now here is what I have Laptop Wifi is to slow - All other devices on network fine tried and nothing has fixed it Had Laptop Wifi is to slow - All other devices on network fine Win - Did fresh install to Win Have tried different versions of the Atheros Chipset Driver Have swapped wifi adapters from daughters laptop Disabled wifi security Turned off Windows Firewall AT amp T swapped out my old gateway for the newest one they have Now thinking it might be issues between my laptop and uverse gateway I setup a Hotspot on my Galaxy S and used my phones LTE connection and was still only getting around Mbps Now my phone will pull upwards of Mbps on LTE and the full on my UVerse wifi Now the one that confuses me is I have a Cisco USB wifi adapter that I tried And even with the USB adapter Im still only getting Mbps Any Ideas nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

Router : Cisco E4200
Vista Business
Laptop
Recently my laptop started connecting to my guest Wifi network vs the main network. I cannot get Vista to automatically connect to my main wifi over the guest after boot up. This problem only occurs when i restart or boot up.

Things i have tried:

Removed the guest network from list
Unchecked connect automatically under guest properties
Made sure main wifi has Connect automatically checked under properties
Made sure main Wifi has connect when in range automatically.

Any other thoughts?
Thanks
Dennis

Relevancy 55.04%

I just got a laptop for work, but can't get it to find our server so I can get to work files. If I use the RDC, I can get on the server.
I want to map the network drive so I have access to my work files no matter where I am at.
I know the IP to get on my work desktop from home, and i can connect directly to the server via RDC from home too.

How do I get my laptop to map a network drive when it can not find the server in the network?

Thanks

A:Laptop Connects to Wifi, Cannot find Network Computers

Are you using Windows? It sounds like you need to turn on network discovery. I've included a screen shot of what it should look like.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-connects-to-wifi-cannot-find-network-computers.1107100/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello and thanks for your input nbsp The following find cannot WiFi ... laptop connected network but is Printer to are currently connected to my Huawei router nbsp desktop - via ethernetprinter HP Photosmart Plus B a-m Printer is connected to WiFi network but laptop cannot find ... - via wireless LANlaptop HP EliteBook p - via wireless Printer is connected to WiFi network but laptop cannot find ... LAN internet working fine nbsp I recently upgraded both the desktop amp laptop to Windows bit from Win I have no problems printing from the desktop however after repeated printer re-installs the laptop is now Printer is connected to WiFi network but laptop cannot find ... unable to detect the printer on my network even when I supply the correct IP address Before the first re-install it said the printer was disconnected at the same time as I was able to print from the desktop nbsp Can you please tell me what's missing or what I need to do to fix this nbsp Thanks again nbsp I have just added the above screenshots showing what happens during installation of the printer on my laptop - at this point I have it connected to the printer via a USB link as instructed It is also on my wireless LAN and to repeat I have no problem using it wirelessly to print from the desktop m c nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Printer-is-connected-to-WiFi-network-but-laptop-cannot-find/td-p/5593125
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I frequently encounter drop of connection with my wifi. Recently, my connection dropped midway and then not connecting back. I have tried disabling and re enabling the wireless network adapter. I have tried unistall/install the driver. Upgraded the driver, Nothing was of help. Laptop is detecting the wifi, but when I am trying to connect, I am getting message "cannot connect to this network". I am able to connect to wifi from my mobile hotspot. Please help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Laptop-stopped-connecting-to-home-wifi-network/td-p/5651149
Relevancy 55.04%

I purchased a new Windows Inspiron series - last December Laptop on Network 8 Windows Limited Connectivity Wifi I had been using a router at a hotel for the time and it worked correctly When I arrived home I had a Belkin router and i experienced network issues in that i could not connect to the wifi I could connect with Ethernet cable The problem was fixed through customer support eventually but I now have a new Comcast router and i'm experiencing what appears to be the same or a similar issue I can access the internet fine by wire With wifi it says i have access to the internet over the internet icon in the bottom right but i cannot access webpages I can use skype and communicate through it Here is the result from the ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig Limited Wifi Network Connectivity on Windows 8 Laptop all Windows IP Configuration Host Name EricsLaptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Limited Wifi Network Connectivity on Windows 8 Laptop Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home network Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Spotflux Virtual Network Device Driver Physical Address -FF- - D- D- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address C- B-FD- B- -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address C- B-FD- B- -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix home network Description Intel R Wireless-N Physical Address C- B-FD- B- -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f aaa d Limited Wifi Network Connectivity on Windows 8 Laptop Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday June PM Lease Expires Monday June PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- E- -BA-E -DB- -B - A- D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix home network Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address E -DB- -B - A- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Hamachi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description LogMeIn Hamachi Virtual Ethernet Adapter Physical Address A- - - - -A DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap home network Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address a a Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C CBE-AD C- -A -BDF B F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt Please help me I really need the wifi on this router working for this laptop Let me note that it works on other laptops so it should be an issue with hardware or settings on this laptop

A:Limited Wifi Network Connectivity on Windows 8 Laptop

It's very likely that the Hamachi connection is causing your problems. You will need to uninstall Hamachi to fix the problem.

This happens all the time with Hamachi.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/47777-limited-wifi-network-connectivity-windows-8-laptop.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey guys I've been having a problem for a few days and have laptop) Wifi suddenly (through working Hosted not Network been looking everywhere for a solution with no luck thus far I recently moved in with my girlfriend and Hosted Wifi Network (through laptop) suddenly not working my internet plan didn't include a router Since she's not going to stay here for long just til the end of the year I've been routing the net from the cable modem through my laptop so all of our devices can be connected Problem started happening when she had to plug the cable on her laptop one day as I was away for uni and we simply cannot take Hosted Wifi Network (through laptop) suddenly not working the damn cable out of it I'm working on getting a replacement one before I can try bruteforcing it but I'm also worried that it might break the port In any case we've been using her laptop as the router for the last few weeks but somehow Virtual Router Manager doesn't work here it fails to recognize the virtual mini port so I'm manually routing it using the netsh wlan script The problem is that it simply stopped working last week and I have no idea why The network is still being set succesfully and all devices can connect to it but they can't connect to the internet Doing a adapter troubleshooting windows says it's because it doesn't have a valid IP connection I've since looked for solutions for this online but none of them fit my problem I've tried the netsh reset log commands with to no avail The computer connected to the wired modem has perfect connection I'm currently writing from it it's just the hosted wifi that doesn't work Thoughts Thank you so much in advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/119a6269-0887-49c5-b884-1c532fbc31db/hosted-wifi-network-through-laptop-suddenly-not-working?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi i have problem
I need to make wireless networking generating from internet cable 
in my laptop i have internet connected by wire but i need to get WiFi signal from laptop computer to mobile
i create new network wireless by setup new connection  - add hoc and already created but it give me in end
waiting for user in status
when i go to mobile to see my wireless network i cannot found 
it not display. i get another mobile to confirm but also not display
My question is How to generated wireless WiFi from laptop internet cable
I using windows 7

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2c11e82d-656e-40ff-9a71-f0ad2db1cfb1/cannot-generated-wifi-from-wireless-network-in-my-laptop-although-it-created?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 54.61%

I want to upgrade my home network to support HD streaming over Wifi I am considering getting an ac router and replacing my laptops Wifi network card with one that supports the new Wifi ac standard On my & network? Can Wifi 2.4Ghz connect my simultaneously Laptop 5Ghz a to home network I want to Can my Laptop simultaneously connect to a 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz Wifi network? connect a TV set top box to the router over Cat but my laptop is the only device that will be connecting over Wifi I have a Dell Inspiron laptop Can my Laptop simultaneously connect to a 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz Wifi network? It has an Intel Centrino Wireless-N Wifi card which supports dual stream but only one band Ghz It looks like my laptop only has two internal antenna cables and for this reason I am thinking I cannot avail of triple stream Wifi-N Mb s Mb s on a simultaneous dual band N router I am stuck with a theoretical max of Mb s on Ghz under Wifi-N and or Mb s on Ghz under Wifi-AC Here are my questions If I get a simultaneous dual band router can my laptop stream an HD movie on the Ghz band and at the same time download say a Youtube video on the Ghz band I ask that because I'd like to get a such a router and preserve every ounce of bandwidth on its Ghz band for streaming movies from the set top box to my laptop not have to share it for web browsing needs Would it be a better solution or even possible to install a third internal antenna in my laptop and get a triple stream n class Wifi card such as the Intel Centrino Ultimate-N and Wifi-N Class router OR should I buy an ac router and get the better bandwidth it offers on the Ghz band Mb s theoretical and put up with the reduced theoretical max of MB s on the Ghz band I'm thinking I will need at least Mb s to stream rock solid uninterrupted HD over Wifi Does anyone know if this is true Any advice greatly appreciated

A:Can my Laptop simultaneously connect to a 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz Wifi network?

You can stream HD movies fine at 150Mbps or even less but it depends on how much of the bandwidth is being used by your neighbors. This can be a big problem in some areas. You won't be able to use both frequency's at once.

Finding the best clean channels to use are what matters most on 2.4 GHz, channel bonding comes in handy sometimes but works best when the channels are mostly clear.

5Ghz is better in this respect because hardly anyone is using it so you tend to get all the bandwidth to yourself but the drawback with 5GHz frequency is that it won't go through walls worth a darn so it's really only useful for open area's outdoors or for large rooms.

I'm running the Asus AC66U router and the Asus PCI-e AC66 NIC which usually runs about 877.5-1.1 Gb. I can stream multiple YouTube video's while watching movies although I could also do this using the 2.4GHz frequency at 300Mbps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/298935-can-my-laptop-simultaneously-connect-2-4ghz-5ghz-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi everyone,

I need some help with a laptop, all of a sudden it stopped detecting my home WiFi network.

The laptop worked fine with this network before and it was configured to connect automatically.
The laptop detects the whole other bunch of networks around here (neighbours and such) but not my home. Other PCs and smartphones detect and connect to my network just fine.

I tried restarting the laptop, reinstalling and updating the drivers for the WiFi card and nothing worked.

It's an Asus laptop with Windows 8.1

I thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi all Im a student currently in overseas for school project program and stay in a motel Recently my laptop keep giving me problem where it freezes when loaded into window with wifi automatically Laptop when connect to freezes motel network connect to motel wifi paid service the computer freezes at various interval or oni the mouse arrow point moves while Laptop freezes when connect to motel network keyboard are unresponsive The mouse cannot select any program or click on anything but just moves and my laptop freezes as rapid clicking I have to use on button to forcefully shut down the laptop and tried many times however When my laptop is connected to my school wifi or the wifi was closed it work like a charm this puzzle me alot I have tried to forget the motel network and reconnect to the motel wifi initially it works for a while however it when back to the same old problem Especially using skype can anyone help me I am way behind in project work Sorry for the long msg and poor english Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Laptop freezes when connect to motel network

Take it somewhere else and try connecting there; if you get the same problem, then suspect your wifi driver? how do you connect when at home or at school?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-freezes-when-connect-to-motel-network.203663/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi there I recently had to replace my laptop due to some accidental and have now been given a Fujitsu-Siemens Lifebook It s the second one I ve had as the first gave up the ghost My problem is that I have an existing Wifi network with a wireless desktop PC network new working issue on Renewing address and WiFI exisiting for IP laptop a wireless work laptop and a Linksys Wireless Ethernet bridge for my PS used to use it with the work laptop My ADSL router is a Linksys All works fine for the other PCs but my new laptop just won t connect to Renewing IP address issue for new laptop on exisiting and working WiFI network the internet The error message saying cannot renew IP address I had the same problem with the first replacement Lifebook I Renewing IP address issue for new laptop on exisiting and working WiFI network think I solved it by updating the Firmware on the router There haven t been any new firmware updates and this is the same model as the previous laptop Using WEP encryption rather than WPA as can t seem to get the right firmware for the bridge I m now stuck Can anyone help Cheers nbsp

A:Renewing IP address issue for new laptop on exisiting and working WiFI network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/renewing-ip-address-issue-for-new-laptop-on-exisiting-and-working-wifi-network.677966/
Relevancy 53.75%

Please help. I have Dell D630 Laptop, was Vista, then 7, ( has been running Win 10 successfully on Wireless) Started showing problems on boot-up, but always got started using the network troubleshooter. Then Total failure. I've re-installed a clean copy of win 7, same disk works sucessfully on another Dell 1545. I've had the w/lan module out, cleaned the connectors with electrolube, but booting-up, doesn't recognise w/lan. How do I go about further troubleshooting. I can do quite a bit but 76 year old silvery. Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/391132-dell-d630-laptop-windows-7-wifi-w-lan-network-card-fault.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey,
I just got an acer laptop computer from India. It was connecting fine there on a dail up network however I am having trouble connecting to the wireless network in London. The network status shows connected with a strong signal however I get check network connections message when I try to use the internet. Can you please help?
Thanks

MadJo

A:Solved: Laptop shows connected to wifi network but I cannot access the internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-shows-connected-to-wifi-network-but-i-cannot-access-the-internet.920386/
Relevancy 53.32%

the network and sharing center has never opened on my hp pavilon z with windows 10 on it. it hangs.. can still X out though. and if it does open it closes itself right away.

i have searched and have found others with the issue, but no solutions.

i wanted to connect to the internet by a cable but cannot without going through that center.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-and-sharing-center-freezes-hp-laptop-windows-10.1168895/
Relevancy 52.89%

i have a compter that's on a city wide wireless internet connection. that computer also has a web cam that's on router connected to the LAN. how would i go about viewing this camera from the internet at a remote lacation? is this possible?
any input would be great.

Relevancy 52.89%

Hello Every One
I have the admin laptop and it works fine except the wireless. The wireless works fine if i take it out from the domain and join the workgroup.

I have used the domain admin account and the machine local admin account and it does not work.
The hardware is OK and seems enabled with no problem except it does not see any wifi network.
The Laptop run Win 7 Pro.
Best Regards

Raid 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4fcb4b7b-a5a3-43ef-b91c-f0e740ba9a76/wifi-cannot-detect-any-network-when-i-join-the-laptop-in-domain-it-works-fine-when-back-to?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi, hoping someone can give me the easiest way to view files between PC's

I have one desktop PC running Win 7 with all my media connected via ethenet to my router

and one laptop running XP plugged into my TV in another room which i browse the net on via WiFi

(there is no phone line in the living room)

So, is it possible to remotely connect to media on the desktop PC using the laptop?

I want to access the files i have on the desktop and play them on the laptop in the living room

Ive heard of homegroup for win7 but the laptop has XP,

Hope someone can help!

thanks in advance

Relevancy 52.03%

I recently updated my Inspiron 14" 5459 to the Windows 10 anniversary update, i noticed that when my wifi access point changes or wifi signal drops or turning off wifi, my laptop semi-freezes, you could still scroll with the mouse or track pad and select open tabs but that's all, clicking other icons and even the windows start menu does not work, if you wait for more than 5 minutes, everything goes back to normal. Waiting around for about 5 minutes is annoying so what I do is press ctrl alt delete and from there restart the laptop. my wifi adapter is updated to the most recent version and also both graphics card (intel hd 520 and amd radeon m335) is also updated to the latest version.  Any suggestion on how to resolve this issue?

A:after Windows 10 anniversary update, Inspiron 5459 freezes if wifi is turned off or wifi access point is changed, is there a solution to this problem?

Please confirm the wireless card from the device manger or the network control panel. Also please update the BIOS firmware to the latest version. The BIOS update should ideally be version v1.2.2. Also please try system out with  a LAN cable as well to confirm if is indeed caused by the wireless. Though this may not run a complete diagnostics on the network you can run a hardware diagnostics on the computer using the following steps

Shutdown the computer
Hold the 'Fn' key and turn on the computer
Let go of the 'Fn' key after 2 seconds

This is will initiate the H/w diagnostics. Please let us know if it completes or if  you run into any errors. If  you do run into any errors. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988325
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,

I have a situation that is quite irksome. Whether I am using my Nero multimedia viewer or using the Windows Media Player, I have an issue where my screen image freezes (stops) and the sound gets stuck during the middle of playback. I have no choice to hard boot (Control-Alt-Delete is not an option here) because the cursor freezes up as well... I am currently using Service Pack 3, Windows Home XP...

Please advise,

Tankengine

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-and-sound-freezes-up-when-viewing.759293/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi everyone I'm new here just registered because I can't fix this lol My fiance s computer is a Sony Vaio Desktop Model VGC-RA G Recently it got a pretty bad virus and I did a reformatted and installed Windows professional that I had downloaded from the MSDNA website Whenever we try to view pictures windows explorer completely locks up The Windows upgrade adviser stated that the Multimedia Video Controller was not compatible I spent a good bit of time on the phone with NVIDIA earlier today and they assured the driver I had was correct for this computer and my problem would be fixed But the problem seems to have gotten worse I read on numerous forums about similar problems freezes System when pictures viewing but cannot find a solution I tried to set the view to list instead of thumbnails another forum user said that fixed his their problem but did System freezes when viewing pictures not make a difference Any help on System freezes when viewing pictures this would be GREATLY appreciated seeing how Sony wanted dollars before they would even talk to me and Microsoft wanted soooooo yea

A:System freezes when viewing pictures

Hello Shedward & welcome to the forums.

Is it the Windows Photo Viewer thats causing the issue or Explorer itself?

Just a guess here, but:
have you ran the Windows Color Calibration tool?
Some systems can have a issue where Windows Color Calibration causes a similar problem.

If you have ran this, try deleting the Windows Calibrated.ICC in color management & set to default.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/83153-system-freezes-when-viewing-pictures.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I am not sure if this is a hardware issue, a software issue or a settings issue. I have a sky broadband router that works fine with my other wifi computers. I have not used my Acer Aspire One for a couple of years and when I tried to use it today it seemed to have difficulty connecting to Ebay and Google websites for some reason. Has anybody else had a similar problem, or can you help anyway?

A:Problems viewing websites using Acer Aspire netbook wifi

"I have not used my Acer Aspire One for a couple of years "what browser are you using?? its probably out of datelarrymessage edited by larryf215

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/problems-viewing-websites-using-acer-aspire-netbook-wifi/203001.html
Relevancy 51.6%

HI..

I want to share files between two wifi .
I have implemented an adhoc connectivity.
One wifi is attached with my computer (runnng win7) and other wifi is attached with my iphone3GS. i want to share it with some 100% fee way. Thanks

A:how to share files between two different OS wifi's ?

So the scenario is PC1 ------ PC2 (tethering iphone). Can you ping from one machine to another?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/189695-how-share-files-between-two-different-os-wifis.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Have been reading many posts on many forums. Still can't get this to work. We have a healthy mix of Macs and PC's. My Windows 7 Home Premium is the central computer. (mine) I want my family using their MAC osx laptops to print on my HP M1319 connected to my PC. I have all the printer sharing options etc on the PC set and I have used the add printer on the MAC, clicked advanced tab, used both smb and lpd options. to no avail. also very difficult to access the correct driver. I tried to install the driver for the M1319 on the Macs - but it always hangs when it can't see the printer. Anyone have the one true answer!!?
Thank you

A:Share HP Printer with Mac via Wifi

Is the printer attached to the Windows 7 via the USB port?

If yes:

Search the forums for Windows 7 and USB printing, you will find many many threads on this. Seems that Windows 7 does not share USB printers well.

My suggestion as I have given in other threads is to purchase a USB to Network device and put the printer on the network directly. Then all machines can print to it, plus you don't have to leave the Windows 7 machine on to print. Just my 2 cents, but is seems to work the best and will give you the least headaches

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/114852-share-hp-printer-mac-via-wifi.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I was trying to connect my chromecast in a hotel via a mobile hotspot on my laptop. I had the wifi hotspot setup on my computer and the chromecast connected, but it kept sporadically disconnecting. I tried messing around with some of the adapter settings to get it working, but now I only have the option to share my internet via ethernet. The option for Wifi doesn't appear anymore. Can someone assist me in re-enabling the wifi option?
Thanks

A:Why can I not share my internet via Wifi?

1) Press ctrl+x
2) Open device manager
3) Under network adapters if you see your WiFi card with yellow question mark, you need to reinstall drivers
Or you may need to simply turn it on again using the FN+F(x which corresponds to the Wifi on/off shortcut key) on your laptop.
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440551-why-can-i-not-share-my-internet-via-wifi.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have my laptop connected to my router via Wifi, and my machine downstairs only has an ethernet port. If i connect my laptop downstairs can i share the wifi connection to my pc via a ethernet cable?

Ive foudn some posts and question about this before but none have worked.

My laptop has Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and my machine has Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

If anyone can help that would be great.

PS: I dont wana buy anything new as that machine wont be there forever, i just want a quick free temporary way of doing this.

Thanks

A:Share Wifi Via Ethernet

Yes, you can share your wifi. It's called ICS.

Using ICS (Internet Connection Sharing)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/174401-share-wifi-via-ethernet.html
Relevancy 51.6%

We're having an issue in our office that has me stumped We have machines all on Windows and IP phones The IP phones need to be connected via ethernet and since we don't have access to an ethernet connection Ethernet WiFi Can't (ICS) share via in our building we share the wifi from the computer to the phone The process I used to set up the machines can be found here Using ICS Internet Connection Sharing - Can't share WiFi via Ethernet (ICS) Windows Help Once set up each computer and each phone worked great Then one by one the computers stopped treating the ethernet cable as an outbound connection sharing the signal from the wifi and started calling it an quot unidentified network quot with quot no internet access quot and the phone attached no longer had a connection When each computer decides to stop sharing every few days or so a new one calls it quits we have just used a working one to share with a switch and then share to multiple phones from the switch One by one each computer stopped sharing and minutes ago the last one stopped and all our phones are down There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason as to why the stop sharing or any discernable pattern Any help would be greatly appreciated since our business has no phones now and we are getting angry emails from customers

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/40433-cant-share-wifi-via-ethernet-ics.html
Relevancy 51.6%

i could really use some help, my laptop continuously freezes within 2 min of connecting to my schools public network and i also resently noticed my windows defender isnt able to start...

A:laptop freezes when connected to school network, windows defender wont start either

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

a link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined below. Use a USB flash drive to download and transfer the tools to the affected machine, if necessary.

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/laptop-freezes-when-connected-to-school-network-windows-defender-wont-start-either-666383.html
Relevancy 51.17%

My friend gave me his computer claiming it just quot randomly froze not allowing him to do anything quot I left it on for a couple days surfed the net and used some applications nothing He later told me it usually happened when he was viewing myspace So i started randomly opening myspace pages Sure enough when i open some random myspace pages his computer will completely freezes I am unable to move the mouse or use the keyboard I ve tried waiting hours and Computer Completely Freezes Viewing Myspace When days for it to unfreeze but it Computer Completely Freezes When Viewing Myspace won t The only thing that works is a hard reset by holding the power button down for a good seconds and then turning it back on Also this may be important Whenever the computer completely freezes up the lights on my USB drive and USB mouse go out If i try to plug in any new USB device it doesn t light up seemingly not receiving power but the computer is still on At first I thought it was just a browser issue Probably a firefox bug or something it seemed However i also eventually got this to happen in IE as well I ve eliminated the following as the source of the problem Specific browser it does it in firefox and ie Java Flash Shockwave Malware I ve uninstalled completely everyone of those and the problem still occurs in both firefox and IE Also nothing is ever logged in event viewer when this happens It just completely freezes up i m unable to do anything and when i reboot event viewer has nothing for me Doesn t have any malware or any signs of malware at all Have tried disabling uninstalling all possible protection software Does this in safe mode with networking as well Also not a temporary file or registry issue as i ve cleared and cleaned both of those multiple times with different programs Also the computer is completely up to date with microsoft It doesn t seem like it could be a hardware issue because ive tried tons of things and nothing seems to crash the computer except for myspace in my experience And it completely freezes up the whole computer not just the application or a simple crash The whole computer freezes and i can t do anything until i do a hard restart Any thought ideas or where I should go next Thankssssss

A:Computer Completely Freezes When Viewing Myspace

Cookies?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/171308/computer-completely-freezes-when-viewing-myspace/
Relevancy 51.17%

guys
this concerns file sharing Win7-to/from-Android devices.
some of you use android as I do. there are a lot of apps and utils etc for connecting to lan/wifi but I'm wondering what you have found that is best? the file manager app I'm using can address a 'server' via tcp address but I was thinking I had read of a simpler approach - just cannot easily find via searching and reading descrips.

all advice gladly received!

c

A:Best way to WIFI share with Android device?

I'm a total noob with Droid, but all I have to do is turn on WiFi on the device, then it will notify of available networks. I tap one, choose connect and I'm on it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/277259-best-way-wifi-share-android-device.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello,
just curious if I could share cable connection by WiFi so it could be used by a smartphone as well. I don't have a hw router however I have a laptop connected to cable modem. The question is if I can somehow setup Windows to share the broadband connection by it's WiFi adapter. If possible, please for a howto guide. Thanks.

A:How to share my cable connection by WiFi

You can share the connection if it's a WiFi to WiFi shared connection but a hosted wireless connection isn't made to share Ethernet to WiFi.

The link below explains the process and has links to show you different ways to set up a hosted wireless network.

Turn Windows 7 laptop into a wifi hotspot

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/270124-how-share-my-cable-connection-wifi.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi everyone I was curious how to do this on Windows Vista Windows Here's what I'm trying to accomplish I want to stream some of my video files from folder WiFi on a 7 Windows via Share a PC to my iPad I can do this using Share a folder via WiFi on Windows 7 a third party app that runs on my iPad that can connect to a computer via a WiFi network I managed to do this quite easily on Windows XP and I can stream AVI files from the quot C Documents and Settings All Users Documents quot folder All I did is this -- Share a folder via WiFi on Windows 7 I right-clicked on the Documents folder there and selected Properties then Sharing tab and set quot Share this folder on the network quot named it and OK'ed Share a folder via WiFi on Windows 7 it After that I can easily see that folder from the app running on my iPad and stream files out of it Windows Vista and Windows aren't as easy to set up and they don't have the same controls as Windows XP So can someone help me set it up there

A:Share a folder via WiFi on Windows 7

Hello there & welcome to Seven Forums.

Have a read at this: Set up a computer to computer ad hoc network,
or you could use connectify, it works well for this type of wireless network sharing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/164745-share-folder-via-wifi-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi genius, I want to share my videos on my laptop with my friends over wifi, and I hope we can watch the video independently that means we can free to decide the playing speed and progress. Is there such software? A Free One must be more better! I am looking forward to your answers. Thank you in advance

A:Is there a software which can share the video over wifi?

There is no known software. Especially for Windows 10.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/557693/is-there-a-software-which-can-share-the-video-over-wifi/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi!

I have ADSL WiFi router, i need to know can i share my PC files to my mobile phone using this ADSL router? If i can how do i do it?
Note:- I connected my router to the PC using a cable.

thanks!

A:Can i share files using WiFi router?

Have a look here: Share Files Wirelessly Between Android and Any Computer | PCWorld Business Center

And here: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/41583...ne-wirelessly/

Basically, you're using a third-party file explorer that sets up a mini-server on your Android phone, which in turn hooks you up to your wireless network.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/228980-can-i-share-files-using-wifi-router.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a desktop computer with windows xp and two laptops an asus and an hp with windows I can Can Only ethernet. files not Help on share Wifi. view and share the folders I set up on each pc fine if wifi is turned on The problem is on the hp laptop if I turn wifi off on the asus It sees the pc name but when I click it my shared folders do not show up and I recieve an error message If I use the same settings on wifi is turned off and I connect through Can not share files on ethernet. Only Wifi. Help asus can see the hp files Not really sure if this is a bug on the hp or what but any suggestions would Can not share files on ethernet. Only Wifi. Help be appreciated Also I have passwords sharing set to off but if I restart the computers I and connect to one of the computers it asks for a username and password I just type whatever and it connects All I want to do is figure out why when wifi is off and just using ethernet I lose my sharing from on of the latpops to the other Thanks

A:Can not share files on ethernet. Only Wifi. Help

Welcome to Seven Forums,

Prioritizing the LAN over the WLAN's IPv4 metric value might be of helped, it's not going to break any settings if you give this a try or it won't hurt. You may change the automatic metric value. Here's a quick tutorial, try doing this from the HP laptop.
If it didn't help, please post back and we'll try a different tactic.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/57129-can-not-share-files-ethernet-only-wifi-help.html
Relevancy 51.17%

The concern is regarding the files transfer which has got oven my head!! I have a dell laptop with Xp loaded on it and now i have around 200 gb of data on it and i want to transfer it to my pc which has wifi enabled over it. I Have seen lot of methods to share using ethernert and all.But over it i want to Transfer all my files from laptop(xp) to Pc(win 8) ie (Xp to Windows 8) over wifi!! Please help me out "Never change your originality for the sake of others"..Because no one can play your role better than you..You are the Best when 'You are You"!

A:How to Share files from Xp to Windows 8 Over Wifi

When you right click on the file you want to transfer, do you get > Share?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/how-to-share-files-from-xp-to-windows-8-over-wifi/1604.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I recently found out that my mic (part of my Sennheiser PC 363D headset) had stopped working so I went to recording devices and discovered that it was still picking up sound; So I uninstalled the driver and restarted my PC, when I launched recording devices the panel froze not allowing me to do anything.

If anyone can help please post below.

A:When viewing recording devices panel freezes when mic is plugged

Sound also no longer comes out of my headphones

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/399192-when-viewing-recording-devices-panel-freezes-when-mic-plugged.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

I have EMF sensitivity and want to hook up multiple cablem modems on one line (the ISP doesn't like this but you can do it anyway). One roomate said hooking up 4 modems on one line would slow the speed of the connection...but how is that different that 4 people sharing a wifi signal off of one modem? Is the speed different or are the configurations the same.

The house is huge so it seems multiple modems is the only choice.

Thanks,
Cuse

Relevancy 50.74%

I've got a 3 mobile broadband dongle I'd like to share over WiFi. I've already ticked the ICS options in the properties of the connection, but I've tried several times to use the internet with both iphone and ipod touch without any joy.

The router I have is a Netgear dg834g with latest firmware. The dongle is connected to the side USB port on my laptop.

Can someone provide any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks!

A:How to share a mobile broadband dongle over WiFi?

Some wireless vendors inhibit ICS when you're using their dongle, perhaps that's the issue?

You should consider a 3G router which allows you to connect that device directly to the router and share the connection.

What's the ISP and the EXACT make/model of the broadband dongle?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-share-a-mobile-broadband-dongle-over-wifi.883885/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi!
I have wire ADSL connection. I want share my internet connection with my phone (Android) using WiFi. I think its useless thing change my ADSL router. So are there any devise to distribute my Desktop computer internet connection via WiFi using USB port? Like Bluetooth dongle.

Thanks!

A:How to share computer Internet connection as WiFi?

I'm doing exactly that right now I have a Realtek USB WiFi 'dongle' (it says Dynamode 11N USB Adapter on it, but it uses Realtek stuff). The internet gets to my computer via my old phone, tethered via USB. It then goes through the computer and out the USB wireless adapter to my newer phone and iPod as WiFi.
I'm afraid I don't know the exact model of mine, but it looks just like this. (In Devices and Printers it shows up as RTL8188S WLAN Adapter). I just installed the drivers and bit of software, then in the software clicked on the 'Mode' tab, wher I could switch it from 'Station' to 'Access Point'. I could then choose which internet connection into the PC that it shared, set up a WEP key etc. and then share the connection throughout the house.
hope I helped

(I'm pretty sure the one in the link is the one I have, as it looks identical and they don't list any other similar items)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/198062-how-share-computer-internet-connection-wifi.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Can anybody help me share my Office LAN Internet connection over WIFI I have a Ralink USB Wireless adapter for the purpose Here s how the LAN setup is I dont know if there any other information required for the setup C Users chirag gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name chirag-Green Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Con troller NDIS Physical Address -C - -EC-B - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d c ea a f d Preferred IPv Address connection LAN WIFI Share Office Internet over Preferred Subnet Mask IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Share Office LAN Internet connection over WIFI Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - - -C - -EC-B - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap F CF - B- -B -D E A E EE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d d ccf f d b be Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe ccf f d b be Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I can't connect WiFi from my cellphone with hp sharing..it says limited ..also I tried to connect internet using USB cable from my cellphone to hp..but internet can't be connected..

A:connection problem hp wifi share with cellphphone

Hi, Looks like you wish to make your phone as a hotspot. What is your cell phone ? Using USB to gain wirless from cell phone won't work. Do you have data available on your phone ? Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/connection-problem-hp-wifi-share-with-cellphphone/td-p/5698273
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a computer running Windows Server 2003 that i would like to connect to my computer running Windows 7 ultimate. i have done everything it says to in the videos and tutorials but i cannot get the server to connect to the internet. i can connect to it via remote desktop but it cannot connect to the internet nor can any other computers on my network see the server only the Windows 7 PC that the server is connected to. Please Help!!!

FYI - I have the win server 2003 connected to the Win 7 computer via Ethernet and i set up saring on the win 7 computer but it still cannot connect to the internet.

A:How can i share the wifi on my Win 7 computer with a server 2003?

Have you tried Bridging the connections?

It works for me, my Windows 7 getting internet wirelessly from router, my pc is ethernet connected to the Windows 7 and i bridge the two connection and works. If you Windows 7 is LAN connected to you router/modem tri bridging the two LAN connections as i don't have two LANs to test sorry.

Btw, you won't need ICS in this case.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/190159-how-can-i-share-wifi-my-win-7-computer-server-2003-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

2 windows XP SP3 connected directly via cross-over Ethernet. call it PC1 and PC2

PC1,the WIFI adapter with IP: 192.168.1.9
the Ethernet connection on PC1 is 192.168.10.20 and PC2 192.168.10.30

the IP routing is enabled and i would like to utilize the routing table to route connections from the WIFI to Ethernet without changing the IP address range.

Is that possible ? How to do so ?

Relevancy 50.74%

Here's a weird wifi drops connections xp both Accessing share one for you experts Background I have an XP pro x machine on wireless with shared folders a Ultimate x machine fresh install on Accessing xp share drops both wifi connections wireless and Linksys Wireless wired router I'll get the model number later can't remember I've had the Accessing xp share drops both wifi connections shares on xp set up for a long time and never had an issue with them on XP or Vista machines The two machines are on the same router same subnet same workgroup home individually assigned IPs and can access the outside fine does not have a quot share group quot set up Issue Whenever I access a shared folder from the machine it connects fine until I start to transfer files It will make it anywhere from a few seconds to a couple of minutes before the wireless connections on both machines are dropped The connection problems only happen when copying shared files I can browse shared folders or internet all I want I've been through the How-to-share tutorials but no change Any ideas what to try next Side note that may or may not have any bearing I had been having an issue where the wireless adapter didn't exist device manager or anywhere else after coming back from sleep That required me to reboot to see it again I fixed it by disabling the save power feature on the driver and disabling sleep mode

A:Accessing xp share drops both wifi connections

might be worth a look at a small program called "Net Stumbler" it will show if there is another network using the same frequency and channel number
In the share make sure "everyone' is in the share group and your permissions are set up on each share

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/176725-accessing-xp-share-drops-both-wifi-connections.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I've just had a new PC built for me for the first time rather than build share 64 New Network install & others printer, SMB W7 issues? -network it myself I aid a local shop and it's a pretty nice machine They got windows up and running when I got it back and lugged it in I don't even remember it asking about whether my network was home work or public I may be mistaken about that A lot New W7 64 install -network issues? Network printer, SMB share & others of the networking is fine by adding 'everyone' to the share and joining the same homegroup as my laptop I managed to get each to see their desktops so I'm up and running with most of my workflow But there's a couple of things not quite right about the network I've got a Xerox Phaser network printer It's got a simple 'walk-up' installer where you get the windows software into listening mode and then on the printer's menu initiate the connection This doesn't find the printer Even choosing the manual option of inputting the ip won't find it So I've had to connect it with USB not the end of the world but shows that something's not right I have a lot of media on a dlna server in my home Setting up kodi to find it the SMB devices didn't show the host Though manually typing the IP in this case did find it Lucky I knew the IP Weird And trying to FTP to my website fails too It says quot EAI FAIL - Nonrecoverable failure in name resolution quot Yet the same settings on my laptop imported from the laptop connects fine Surely there's something not quite right Is there a way to reset all the network connection settings to default 'out of the box' settings

A:New W7 64 install -network issues? Network printer, SMB share & others

OK, I just rethought it a little and added filezilla to the firewall exceptions list. Now t's working! I wonder if the same would fix the printer issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/376763-new-w7-64-install-network-issues-network-printer-smb-share-others.html
Relevancy 50.31%

We have a Dell Lattitude connect share 8.1 Cannot on or login Windows connection before WiFi E running Windows Professional Cannot share WiFi connection or connect before login on Windows 8.1 connected to an Active Directory domain The laptop has the latest drivers and BIOS including the driver for its Dell Wireless b g n Ghz adapter At the login screen we can connect to our wireless network which uses WPA nbsp with AES encryption to allow loading roaming profiles However we have to type in the key for the network every time because clicking quot Connect Automatically quot doesn't work before login Upon logging in to the machine the wifi connection is broken and we have to manually nbsp reconnect even though the profile Cannot share WiFi connection or connect before login on Windows 8.1 for the connection exists and it is not necessary to re-type the key for the connection Again quot Connect Automatically quot does not work In addition the wireless connection cannot be shared it's indicator for quot Network Availability quot is always quot Me only quot Also the network status on the quot View Network Settings quot pop-out is always quot Limited quot even though its status in the Network Connections window is quot Internet Access quot and quot Domain Network quot and the icon in the notification area is the one used for wired networks nbsp instead of nbsp the stair-step icon for wireless networks Things I have tried Deleting the profile for the wireless network for all users of the machine and reconnecting Updating the driver In fact I updated several drivers and nbsp the BIOS Deleting the adapter from Device Manager and reinstalling it Deleting all profiles under HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft WcmSvc and HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT NetworkList Profiles Other Dell laptops including one of the same model do not have this problem nbsp Once I set up a connection to the wifi network using an administrator account the nbsp connection on those other machines is established before login I must solve this problem since we don't give the wireless key to users but they can't nbsp load their roaming profiles if they're not connected before logging in nbsp If anyone has any ideas about how to fix this I'll be grateful

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9e929c92-ca8f-4b26-8cc4-f9b3682d6592/cannot-share-wifi-connection-or-connect-before-login-on-windows-81?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 50.31%

As per the picture and title I have a windows with a wifi card for internet access I have an XP tower right next to it connected via ethernet cable to the Both XP and are professional editions bits I want the XP to have internet access like a normal computer through this set up Side story to this set up They're both Dell Poweredge s I acquired that I use as workhorses for processing high volumes of data They're located in my basement and the router is on the third floor therefore wifi They are remotely controlled from the third floor where my office is This is all home not for business professional The poweredges have a gig per second ethernet port and I mean to share lets of data back n forth between them so the ethernet cross-cable is crucial Can this be done Could you walk me through it I've tried to solve it from different angles without any success so far I've tried ICS without success I think all that came out of that was shared folders between the two PCs I've ethernet connection wifi with with XP card Windows share 7 to tried bridging the WiFi LAN which disables ICS Nothing Windows 7 with wifi card connection to share ethernet with XP worked so far Windows 7 with wifi card connection to share ethernet with XP so I probably missed a step or did something wrong Thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 with wifi card connection to share ethernet with XP

Highlight both of them and rightclick the wifi one and pick bridge.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/378198-windows-7-wifi-card-connection-share-ethernet-xp.html