Windows Support Forum

How to limit network traffic speeds with a network card?

Q: How to limit network traffic speeds with a network card?

I'm not sure if I'm trying to do the impossible but I'll explain the situation I have this roommate that is excessively consuming the majority of the networks bandwidth I've blocked all service ports except for and a few other ones used for every day card? limit a network with network speeds traffic to How task The problem is that he is still consuming a ton of How to limit network traffic speeds with a network card? bandwidth I'm guessing by streaming or downloading through HTTP I have two WGR v router and a Realtek PCIe LAN card controller at my disposal I attempted to set QoS settings on what we will call Base Router That did not seem to do the trick because router QoS only blocks ports and slows upload speed Since that did not work I hid the SSID MAC filtered connections to the Base Router and then connected my computer to the Base Router and rebroadcasted the signal using a Secondary Router using a shared connection which I gave him access to The point of this was an attempt How to limit network traffic speeds with a network card? to control bandwidth through the Realtek LAN card I am not having any luck with this though I've set the adapter to Mbps at half duplex already Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can look into for limiting bandwidth I want him to have Internet but not abuse it like he's doing because that is not what we agreed upon

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How to limit network traffic speeds with a network card?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: How to limit network traffic speeds with a network card?

If you want to solve the issue using your existing equipment, you can try dd-wrt on one WGR614v10. See this thread (DD-WRT Forum :: View topic - WGR614v10 Support - Jump to post 9) which claims that there is a dd-wrt flash for WNR1000v3 which works on WGR614v10. Then look a thread like this (DD-WRT Forum :: View topic - Steps for Permanently limit Bandwidth of a PC using DD-WRT ?) to setup the limits. You can start a new thread in those forums if you want someone to walk you thru the steps.

Or you can just buy a router/access point that has a bandwidth limiting feature for each SSID that it broadcasts.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/314446-how-limit-network-traffic-speeds-network-card.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I come to you as a PC ignoramus in need of some expert advice with regards to a serious issue I am facing I have had hackers completely takeover my network and have not only taken control of all webtraffic from the network on all devices but also have installed some form of software which stops me from changing AV etc Only reason I noticed is I went TCPview Will attach pictures and noticed these connections i have tried reinstalling and it only comes on as soon as I connect to the network Also I have run Spyhunter and it is consistently coming up with large amounts of cookies threats Namely Sex - Name Media Path C Users Owner AppData Local Google network hijacked HELP!! Infected traffic - takeover Whole + Network PCs Complete Chrome User Data Default Cookies ipinfo stat com Severdyby and numerous others I have no idea what to do and need your assistance Its much appreciated BC members Complete Network takeover - Whole network traffic hijacked + PCs Infected HELP!! DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Owner at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT AV AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled Updated E C - B - FA - AB - E CB ECD SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled Updated B F C - - E- - BB D A FW AVG update module Enabled AFA E - CDC- EF - EE-C C ABA Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Program Files Common Files SPBA upeksvr exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files Dell Dell Data Protection Access Advanced Wave Trusted Drive Manager TdmService exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe C Windows system IProsetMonitor exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL jhi service exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Dell Dell Data Protection Access Advanced Wave Authentication Manager WaveAMService exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtDCpl exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Internet Services ApplePhotoStreams exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files Enigma Software Group SpyHunter SpyHunter exe C Program Files x SpyShelter Firewall SpyShelter exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Internet Services APSDaemon exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Users... Read more

A:Complete Network takeover - Whole network traffic hijacked + PCs Infected HELP!!

Anyone able to help me?

Would be much appreciated

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/547083/complete-network-takeover-whole-network-traffic-hijacked-pcs-infected-help/
Relevancy 76.97%

Having continuous problems with freezing and slow data transfer and am wondering if it malware or something DDS logDDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by User at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files BORGChat BORGChat exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterC PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Documents and Settings User My Documents Downloads HijackThis _ network PC1 network on slow transfer speeds exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC slow network transfer speeds _ PC1 on network WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXEC Documents and Settings User My Documents Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uURLSearchHooks H - No FilemURLSearchHooks H - No FileBHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No FileBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllTB CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - No FileTB A A -BACC- D - - A E E - No FileTB EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - No FileuRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exemRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun AVG TRAY c progra avg avg avgtray exemRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun nwiz c program files nvidia corporation nview nwiz exe installmRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartupmRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitmRun MSConfig c windows pchealth helpctr binaries MSConfig exe autoStartupFolder c docume user startm programs startup borgchat lnk - c program files borgchat BORGChat exeIE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeIE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exeDPF BCC -B - - C - D A B C - hxxp office microsoft com templates ieawsdc cabDPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - - hxxp fpdownload macromedia com get shockwave cabs flash swflash cabTCP D CFE -B A- E-B C- CE E Handler linkscanner - F C- F - D -A D -FBDDE F D - c program files avg avg avgpp dllNotify avgrsstarter - avgrsstx dllSSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - c windows system WPDShServiceObj dll FIREFOX FF - ProfilePath - c docume user applic mozilla firefox profiles dtam ag default FF - prefs js browser search selectedEngine - Yahoo SearchFF - prefs js browser startup homepage - hxxp www google com au ig hl en amp source iglkFF - prefs js network proxy type - FF - component c program files avg avg firefox components avgssff dllFF - plugin c documents and settings user local settings application data google update npGoogleOneClick dllFF - plugin c program files google update npGoogleOneClick dllFF - plugin c program files google update npGoogleOneClick dllFF - plugin c program files k-lite codec pack real browser plugins nppl dllFF - plugin c program files k-lite codec pack real browser plugins nprpjplug dllFF - HiddenExtension Java Console No Registry Reference - c pr... Read more

A:slow network transfer speeds _ PC1 on network

Hello jolly_tas,Sorry about the delay. If you still need help, please post a new HijackThis log to make sure nothing has changed, and I'll be happy to look at it for you.Thanks,tea

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/255034/slow-network-transfer-speeds-pc1-on-network/
Relevancy 70.95%

I have about 300 computers on my network and want to isolate a department. That department is generating to much traffic. I don't know if I should use a bridge,Ethernet switch or create a workgroup for them. I still need the deparment to be on the same network.

Thank You,

julia

A:Traffic on the Network

A workgroup won't really help with router traffic. It's just a logical arrangement for the computers.

I don't honestly know enough to say whether a bridge would be better, but I would think a switch would be more cost effective.

Hopefully someone with a bit more knowledge about this will reply soon.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/traffic-on-the-network.28451/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello,

I have a LAN of about 10 computers and we conect to internet via a switch. I want a software to monitor which computer consumes internet speed

A:Network traffic

Would resmon not do the trick?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/27274-network-traffic.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Can anyone walk me through trying to fix my networking issue? Is that allowed in this section?

If so, I've got a computer connected to our network, and it's able to access all the other computers on the network, but trying to access it from the server and I get nothing. Even trying to ping it from the command prompt it times out. However, pinging the server from the computer it kicks back immediately. It's not a firewall issue because I've turned it off and still cannot connect to it from the server. I recently had to remove some scareware from this computer, and that's when the networking issue started.

Any ideas?

A:One-way traffic on a network

*ping*

Anyone?

ICMP enabled, DHCP enabled, firewall off. Nothing doing. Workstation sees everything on the network and can access shared folders and ping all other workstations. But the rest of the workstations and the server "see" the troubled workstation, but cannot contact it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-way-traffic-on-a-network.179726/
Relevancy 70.95%

Dear All,

I want to monitor my network traffic. Which tool I will have to use for that and how to monitor network traffic. Please help me everyone because this is very important question which I will have to face in interview.

Thanks in advance

A:Network Traffic

http://www.wireshark.org/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-traffic.950106/
Relevancy 70.95%

I use NetMeter to monitor in and outbound traffic to my computer and starting a coupple network Odd traffic of months ago every once and a while a series of a thousand or so to Mb s upload spikes start amounting for almost Gb per day the spikes occur every seconds like clockwork i ll post a screenshot from netmeter next time it happens the odd thing is no antivirus i ve tried has found anything same goes for antispyware whenever i start deleteing processes from the process Odd network traffic list it stops then comes back after a coupple of minutes also if i am running on wifi plug in my network cable wait for it to Odd network traffic connect and disable wifi the pulses subside for a bit then come back i m concerned because of the incredible ammount of data involved and it seems to have been increasing iver the past month Luckily all the important data on my machine is encrypted but if the spikes are a data transfer encryption won t mean any ideas screenshot comming soon nbsp

Relevancy 70.09%

I know this sounds funny but my network has been running really slow since we installed the DST patches. I thought it was Mcafee but have taken it completely out of the picture and its still really slow. Did a virus check & spyware and got nothing. Even when I print something it takes 2 minutes to finally print.

A:Network traffic is slow

What are the system specifications? Computer, RAM, Windows....etc.

Do you have an active anti-virus now? What is running when you look at the processes in the task manager....can you attach a screen shot?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-traffic-is-slow.553540/
Relevancy 70.09%

I have 10 Windows XP Clients, 1 Windows 2000 Advanced Server configured as a domain controller, 1 Windows 2000 Advanced Server with SQL Server 7.0 installed and 1 Windows 2000 Workstation.

Here is the problem:

When the Win2000 workstation logs on in the morning and gets into the system, everyone else slows to almost a complete stop. If I unplug the Domain Controller after she logs on, everyone else speeds back up. If the domain controller is not plugged in the win2000 workstation can't log on. This is a serious problem and I can't figure out why the network would slow. My Domain Controller is the only machine with a 10 MBPS ethernet card. The SQL server sits outside the domain in a workgroup.

My boss is really pissed off because this has been going on for weeks now.

Please Help,

Thanks,

Stiltz

Relevancy 70.09%

Hello all.

I have a 50 user network with multiple switches and WAPs.  Im noticing that all the activity lights on all ports are constantly showing traffic.  I would imagine that one of my computers is doing some sort of port blasting or spaming.  How do I go about finding that computer?

Thank you,

Scott

A:Excessive Network Traffic

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/507604 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/507604/excessive-network-traffic/
Relevancy 70.09%

I am going to be using a lot of unsecured wifi, and need to tunnel all my network traffic using SSH to a computer at my house. Does anyone know how to do this? I have read some guides, but they talk about only internet explorer and not everything I am sending out, including pings and DNS requests. Any help would be great.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/208837-tunnel-all-network-traffic.html
Relevancy 70.09%

if I were to share a secured dsl wifi connection with someone else.. would it be possible for others on the network to sniff or through any other possible means available get access to passwords or content I browse???

A:Traffic Safety on a network

It is possible to have access to a DSL system via a router without sharing local files, after all this is what happens at every coffee shop with free Wifi access

The "trick" is to make sure that the network is set to private which will disable the file and printer sharing and network discovery (by default, unless this has been edited).

If you have an existing multiple user system where sharing is already set-up, and wish to add an extra system with just internet access you should, dependent on your router, be able to enable guest access to the net but with no sharing access, (this may be the best option as the security would be managed in the Router, and i's hardware firewall/NAT)

One thing to ensure whichever way you go is to use strong passwords on all systems and especially the router, (both the wireless security and the router admin account)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/66106-traffic-safety-network.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi

I would Like to know about freewares that allows me to observe activities in my network what and which program is using my internet connection weather it is in the background or foreground.

as an example. I have msn and firefox running, yet I would Like to know about background apps like the svchost. or any other things. I am not talking about spyware here but I am suspecting someone around my neighborhood using my internet connection without permission. though I have a firewall and wep encryption code on my router.

are there any suggestions to my solution here? is my first step correct?

Relevancy 70.09%

Hello,
I am having problems printing. I need to capture the traffic from the workstation across the network, to the printer. I believe the problem is actually with the printer itself (such as the nic card, or the system board) but I would like to have some to show the tech from the printer company as they have tried to blame it on our network in the past.

I assume what I need is a sniffer, but if there is one out there a little more user friendly then another that would help.

Thanks in advance
damon

A:Capture network traffic

I use WireShark as a protocol sniffer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/capture-network-traffic.642924/
Relevancy 70.09%

can anybody plz tell what software is realy good to analyse network traffic.

my requirements are

I have a big network lots of user a connected but sometimes some of the users chatting, downlading big big files so the network becomes very slow.that i want to inspect the traffic that which user is using the net for that activity etc etc

plz update me asap

A:network traffic analising

Depending on where you put the program, Ethereal analyzes network traffic.

Also a proxy server should kill most of the problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-traffic-analising.539283/
Relevancy 70.09%

I have a laptop and a desktop networked through a router. The laptop is attached to a domain (running Win7 Enterprise 32-bit), the desktop is not (running Win7 Professional 32-bit).
In the "Network" folder on the desktop, I can see the desktop and the laptop, and I can access both. Same on the "Network Map".
But on the laptop, in the "Network" folder, I can only see the laptop. Any attempts to access the desktop by IP address or UNC path are met with a network error ("Windows cannot access \\desktop"). The desktop appears in the "Network Map" but it cannot be clicked or otherwise interacted with.
I have a homegroup set up on the desktop but I cannot join it from the laptop.

What do you think I can do to allow the laptop to see the desktop?

A:One-way traffic on home network

Hi atlight, Welcome to Seven Forums.

This is what I did. File sharing.pdf

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/220836-one-way-traffic-home-network.html
Relevancy 70.09%

hi I have downloaded an SSH server called WinSSHD and an SSH client called Tunnelier I to network trying encrypt using traffic SSH m attempting to have traffic encrypted on my home network The way i am attempting this is with a client to server setup which means that traffic from laptop one is encrypted by the client which is also on laptop one then sent to the server to be decrypted and the server then sends that traffic to its final trying to encrypt network traffic using SSH destination which is laptop two The question i have is this isn t this pointless if i have the ssh server on the trying to encrypt network traffic using SSH same computer as the ssh client Because then the traffic is sent to the client encrypted sent to the server decrypted all while being on my local machine It s then tramsmitted unencrypted to the second laptop Is that what happens If i m right about this then are there any web based SSH servers which can be used instead of a local one installed on my machine And i know a solution might be to install the server on laptop two but this isn t how i d like to achieve this Thanks for any repiles nbsp

A:trying to encrypt network traffic using SSH

Only the portion of the traffic between Tunnelier and WinSSHD is encrypted. If Tunnelier and WinSSHD are on the same machine, then no external traffic is encrypted. In order to encrypt the network traffic, you need to install the SSH server on the machine you are accessing.

If you cannot do this, you need to install some crypto software on the destination machine, which crypto software needs to interoperate with the software installed on the source machine. I.e., if it's not SSH, then it needs to be something else, but whatever technology you choose, the crypto needs to be on both machines.

Using an internet server won't help you for encrypting local network traffic, unless, again, you install some software on both machines that accesses the internet server securely and passes the data through it. Such a solution will also be considerably slower than a straight LAN connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-encrypt-network-traffic-using-ssh.593088/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi, does anybody know a tool to manually generate network traffic and to save that traffic into a .pcap file?

Relevancy 70.09%

Hi,

I am a network administrator of a Software Company
and using Symentec Corporate Edition 2000.
It is updated on regural basis for every nodes on our
network and our network consists with one Cisco PIX
Firewall which is connected with Cisco switch and all
the computers are connected with the cisco switch.
Every Nodes on our network using PIX internal IP
Address i.e. 192.168.0.2 as a Getway and accessing
broadband(256 KBps) internet, no Proxy is installed
over here.

Now the problem, that we are facing for last two days
are when more number of PCs are starting on LAN, the
packet broabcusting is increasing upto 900KBps which
is showing on firewall inside interface traffic
monitoring software and internet access speed is
becoming slow.

After Scaning all the machine no Virus or Spyware or
worm is being detected.

please help me by proper susession.

Regards,

A:Network traffic problem

you may also want to use network monitor to find the problem.

here is the case study we had. quoted from http://www.howtonetworking.com/casestudy/spywareblockinternet1.htm

Case Study - Trojan and spyware block accessing the Internet

Situation: Small Company has a Linksys router connecting to the Internet. In the early morning, accessing to the Internet seems to work fine. After half hour or one hour, accessing to the Internet is slow and slower. Eventually, no one in the office can access the Internet. The temporary solution is reset the router or reboot all computers.

Investigation: 1. We checked and tested all hardware connections such as NIC and cabling. They are OK and they donít have any issues to share files and printers.

2. TCP/IP configuration looks good too. Used nslookup to check the status of DNS and it looked good.

3. Network Monitor and the log of the router listed a lot of packets sent to the router.

Resolution: Based on the Network Monitor and log, we found the problem computer with many Trojan and spyware. After we cleaned the computer and install a firewall, they donít have the same issue any more. A happy ending!

Related Topics

Troubleshooting Internet Access
Troubleshooting Spyware

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-traffic-problem.359465/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hey guys I have an Traffic Network Constant issue that im not sure is an issue but im pretty sure it is as my other pc isnt doing it My computer constantly is sending and receiving data even though im not downloading anything or updating or am on any instant messenger nothing is running that should need internet yet constantly there is traffic Now I normally prolly wouldnt think much of it but i have another computer in the same state just sitting there doing nothing So that worries me Ive run AVG Mcafee Spybot and adaware and all of them turned up nothing other than the usual like tracking cookies annd the sort Anyone have any suggestions on what I could run next to try and resolve this please Thanks Rlincoln Additionally if anyone knows of a tool that will allow me to monitor my network connection and see waht is using it where data is going and what not id appreciate it thanks

A:Constant Network Traffic

Look in the Task Manager and see what applications and processes are running.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/163692/constant-network-traffic/
Relevancy 70.09%

First off, I am not sure if this is where this post goes. This seems to be the best thread since my question sort of falls in the security side of things.

OK, say I have a network setup at my house. Someone brings over a laptop and plugs it into my network. Would it be possible to tell what program they are running on their computer from one of my computers without accessing their computer? Say, the program requires HTTPS port to remain open and the program runs non-stop while the computer is plugged in. Is there a way to figure out what program they are running or what website they are connecting to is?

A:Network Traffic Question.

Yes and no. If their computer has a firewall (and you don't have access to their computer), you cannot tell what programs they are running. That's one of the purposes of firewalls.

However, once they leave their computer, you can detect this.

One way is to put a sniffer on your network. That will tell you what traffic is passing by. Although there are plenty of free sniffers out there, very few will put your network card in promiscuous mode (the mode it needs to be in to see their traffic).

Second, try checking your router. Many keep logs of all the connections they make.

Third, install a proxy server. That way, all web traffic would have to hit the proxy in order to get out to the Internet. That way, you can see everything.

Finally, you could install a DNS server on your network and point everyone to it using whatever DHCP server you use. All requests for web traffic would then be routed through your DNS server which would cache the responses. I use one to speed up web browsing (my ISPs DNS servers are not that great), but you could use it to check traffic through the cache if you wanted to.

FYI: Most businesses use option 3.

Courtney

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-traffic-question.758894/
Relevancy 70.09%

While I'm playing Battlefield 2, I get a warning of a connection problem. This lasts about 4 seconds, then again about 3 seconds after that. This used to happen once every half hour or so, but its become much more frequent, to the point where the game is unplayable.

I have a network meter gadget on the desktop and I've noticed a spike in traffic at about the same intervals. At first, I thought it was Skype or Avast to blame, but I can count them out after stopping each one.

I need some way to log which program accesses the network at what time, so I can compare the spikes to the correct time and hopefully find the program responsible. Is this possible?

A:Can network traffic be logged?

Here are a couple possibilities. I have used both with Windows XP Pro but tested neither with Windows 7.

Wireshark will log all packets, which will allow you to analyze what sites the traffic is to and examine the packets themselves to whatever depth you care to look. I've seen references to running this on Win 7, even 64-bit.

The SAX2 Intrusion Detection System is perhaps a simpler approach; it will show you the connections that are open and the number of packets sent to each connection. Vista is listed as a supported OS but I've seen no mention of Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/23421-can-network-traffic-logged.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I'm looking for a good network analyzer software that allows me to monitor the network. maybe have some features on discovering devices, ports, bandwidth in a certain amount of time, etc. Thanks.

A:network traffic analyzer

That would depend on the network topology. Any global network monitoring will have to be done with access to a common point where all the traffic converges. Addressed traffic between workstations will go directly between them via any switches and gateways in the path, so you can't do this with just a workstation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-traffic-analyzer.927934/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hiyas Let me just explain the situation before asking my question In South Africa on the broadband lines which our fastest is only half as fast as the slowest offered elsewhere in the world we now have the added pleasure of hard capping Meaning that when we hit our cap limit of Gb of data we get cut off from the net No browsing of even local sites like it used to be Lately on our account we ve been getting downloads of around Mb a day We re not on long enough between jobs to use that about of data transfer I ve been monitoring my bandwidth usage and i ve yet to use Mb today So what i m wanting to know is this All our computers connect to the net through our server I m wanting a program to put on there to monitor who goes where and how much they re downloading The monitoring Network traffic amount of data they re using is the most important part we don t really mind where they re looking There s only four of us so it s quite transparent what s happening around here Does anyone know of a decent package that can do this Preferably something that won t break the bank Regards BW nbsp

Relevancy 70.09%

I have a computer that is experiencing much higher than expected network activity Over the course of a hour period it received GB of data and sent GB this is actually a mild sample of the last months issues We have had the computer use as much as two gigs in an hour It will use data whether people are working on it or not as long as the computer is powered on Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by lks administrator on HANDSINHARMONY Tons network traffic... of - - Running from C Users lks Desktop Loaded Profiles lks amp Tons of network traffic... QBDataServiceUser Available Profiles lks amp Lara amp QBDataServiceUser amp Guest Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Opera Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Webroot Software Inc C Program Files x Webroot WebrootSecurity WRConsumerService exe NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wlanext exe AVAST Software C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe ArcSoft Inc C Program Files x Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe Apple Inc C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft Small Business Business Contact Manager BcmSqlStartupSvc exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION C Program Files x EPSON Projector EPSON USB Display V EMP UDSA exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW svchost exe Hewlett-Packard Company C Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe Intuit C Program Files x Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exe Intuit Inc C Program Files x Common Files Intuit DataProtect QBIDPService exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System GWX GWX exe CyberLink C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Media Kernel CLML CLMLSvc exe Safer-Networking Ltd C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDUpdSvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer TeamViewer Service exe Webroot Software Inc www webroot com C Program Files x Webroot WebrootSecurity SpySweeper exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files x NETGEAR WNA M WifiSvc exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer TeamViewer exe Intuit Inc C Program Files x Intuit QuickBooks QBDBMgrN exe Hewlett-Packard Co C Program Files HP HP Photosmart series Bin ScanToPCActivationApp exe Hewlett-Packard Co C Program Files HP HP Officejet Pro Bin ScanToPCActivationApp exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Hewlett-Packard Co C Program Files HP HP Officejet Pro Bin HPNetworkCommunicatorCom exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Hewlett-Packard C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Odometer hpsysdrv exe Hewlett-Packard Co C Program Files x hp Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe Hewlett-Packard C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Remote Solution HP Remote Solution exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Hewlett-Packard C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check HPHC Service exe ArcSoft Inc C Program Files x Common Files ArcSoft Co... Read more

A:Tons of network traffic...

to BleepingComputer.Hi there,my name is Jo and I will help you with your computer problems.Please follow these guidelines:Read and follow the instructions in the sequence they are posted.print or copy & save instructions.back up all your private data / music / important files on another (external) drive before using our tools.Do not install / uninstall any applications, unless otherwise instructed.Use only that tools you have been instructed to use.Copy and Paste the log files inside your post, unless otherwise instructed.Ask for clarification, if you have any questions. Stay with this topic til you get the all clean post.My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.*** Download Security Check by screen317 from here or here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.Vista / Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.*** Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit and save it to your desktop.Be sure to print out and follow the instructions provided on that same page.Caution: This is a beta version so please be sure to read the disclaimer and back up all your data before using.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting prompt.MBAR will start. Click in the introduction screen "next" to continue.Click in the following screen "Update" to obtain the latest malware definitions.Once the update is complete select "Next" and click "Scan".With some infections, you may see two messages boxes.'Could not load protection driver'. Click 'OK'.'Could not load DDA driver'. Click 'Yes' to this message, to allow the driver to load after a restart. Allow the computer to restart. Continue with the rest of these instructions.If malware is found - do not press the Clean up button, please go to the MBAR folder and then copy/paste the contents of the MBAR-log-***.txt file to your next reply.If there is no malware found, please let me know as well.*** Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.Double-click AdwCleaner.exeVista / Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.Click on the Scan button.AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.The actual line should say "Pending. Please uncheck elements you do not want to remove" => scan is complete.After the scan has finished, click on the Logfile button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.The contents of the log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you know should not be removed, don't worry about it.If you see an entry you want to keep, let me know about it.Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.*** MiniToolbox by FarbarDisable your antivirus if it does not allow you to download the tool!Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.Place a checkmark in Select all, then click Go and post the result (MTB.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/609480/tons-of-network-traffic/
Relevancy 70.09%

I have a port replicator 3001RP  and noticed that when connecting ethernet, it will constantly send ICMP and SNMP to my Default Gateway, is this normal behavior? It's really chatty, do anyone know if is possible to disable this behaviour. \Mattias

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Network-traffic-from-portreplicator/td-p/5632094
Relevancy 70.09%

I ve got a client who has his office traffic LAN on network Determining in his home Unfortunately his two teenaged sons are also Determining network traffic on LAN on the network with their own PC s Last month there was over GB s of traffic through the ISP I ve gone through Determining network traffic on LAN the business end of the network and haven t found any viruses or spyware due dilligence and I know its those two little Of course the owner thinks the kids are the best thing since sliced bread so he s pointing the finger at me Soooo I need to not only capture packets as they route through the server but I need to determine the nature of the packets either via protocol or better yet application and it would be nice to determine the IP they re coming from I m sure they re doing extensive file sharing but other than getting onto their PC s I can t prove it Can someone suggest an app that can provide this kind of detail I ve tried Ethereal but I either dont understand the logs or they simply don t provide the info I need Thanks nbsp

A:Determining network traffic on LAN

I remember seeing hardware that does this for you, I forget the name of it but I'll look around.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/determining-network-traffic-on-lan.579174/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi Everyone and thank you for taking a look I work on a road project in a rural area here in SL and we have Blocking traffic network p2p on very limited internet connectivity in my office of just gb package per month but here other Blocking p2p traffic on network employees are using this to download torrents and they have already eaten up gb on this month's package so my bosses are asking me to control the traffic so heres the situation we have setup a network using dhcp and this router Tplink TD-W ND doent have QOS settings to block incoming ports but to block outgoing traffic from ports I really hope of blocking p p ports thats why I mentioned about port blocking I have a computer with administrative rights connected to the router directly and some of those other computers are connected as well with administrative rights so we cant disconnect them by force as it would cost some complications so in short what I wanna do is to block all the incoming p p traffic on the network so we may save some bandwidth and data for office use how can I do this on this situation note ipcop or anything requires to use a whole separate computer to setup a firewall or something like that isn't an option here Thank You very much and any help is greatly appreciated

A:Blocking p2p traffic on network

Hi,

There is no fool-proof way to block all P2P traffic on a network with non-enterprise equipment, particularly brands like TPLINK.

The problem with P2P programs is they can change the ports they use. Additionally, if your router supports uPNP (and most do), ports can be forwarded via upnp. Some p2p programs can randomise their port too.

Some of the methods you can use to reduce the P2P traffic are:

1). Use OpenDNS and select the P2P/File sharing category.
2). Block known P2P ports.
3). Grab a higher end router
4). Set up packet filtering rules for specific machines (by IP or MAC address)
5). Use a proxy server.
6). Install a third party firewall (such as PIX or Kerio), for blocking some conent.

This list is by no means exhaustive.

for (4) above: At the risk of being too technical, with packet filtering you will get a good level of control. You could open only those ports needed for business use (such as 80, 443, 21, 25, 110), and use a "Implicit Deny" which means that everything else is blocked. But as I said, this is a fairly technical solution. If you're not familiar with packet filtering you'll need to find someone who is.

Here is a site that gives a little info on common port usage:
Common Application Ports - Bandwidth Controller

This may also be of use, but it is quite technical.
TCP/IP Ports

I'd be creating a formal policy on Internet usage at work, and have strong consequences of inappropriate use. Ultimately, that might have more success than trying to play cat and mouse with people who try to work around all the controls you put in place.

Where I used to work, inappropriate internet usage could result in instant dismissal and/or criminal charges. But you might not need to go quite that far.

Good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/268160-blocking-p2p-traffic-network.html
Relevancy 70.09%

When i connect to the internet broadband of late i notice excessive network traffic I installed Sygate Personal Firewall a couple of months ago after going through this forum What I'd like to know Excessive Network Traffic is which processes should be allowed access via the firewall Recently I've seen warnings like quot Port Scan Attack Logged quot I hope i've been able to make some sense I've included the HijackThis logfile below ThanksLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at Excessive Network Traffic PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC Excessive Network Traffic WINNT system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC Program Files Sygate SPF smc exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT system spoolsv exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exeC WINNT system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC WINNT system MSTask exeC WINNT system stisvc exeC WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exeC WINNT system inetsrv inetinfo exeC WINNT Explorer EXEC WINNT SOUNDMAN EXEC WINNT system igfxtray exeC WINNT system hkcmd exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exeC Program Files Common Files Adaptec Shared CreateCD CreateCD exeC Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files BIPAC- ADSL USB Modem CnxDslTb exeC WINNT system GSICON EXEC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINNT system dslagent exeC Program Files GetRight getright exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC Program Files Common Files Logitech KHAL KHALMNPR EXEC Program Files HP Digital Imaging Product Assistant bin hprblog exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exeC WINNT system freecell exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dllO - Toolbar msdxmLC dll - amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT system msdxm ocxO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logonO - HKLM Run SoundMan S... Read more

A:Excessive Network Traffic

Hi brindanaik,

If you still need help please post a fresh HijackThis log and I'll be happy to look at it for you.

Thanks for your patience.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/104689/excessive-network-traffic/
Relevancy 69.23%

i have a small home network with four computers sharing an meg internet Traffic Shaping Home Network connection through a d-link router the problem is that the internet connection has a GB monthly download cap and i need for a way to restrict the Home Network Traffic Shaping bandwidth for each system before i end up on the streets paying the bills i ve been wrestling with bandwidth management for my home network for a while now and have looked at a number of options including netlimiter to no satisfactory result the software bandwidth control programs are easy to bypass and i cant afford the expensive cisco server grade routers that have traffic shaping features built in not one to give up easily i fired up my router settings and came across this is this what i think it is i e a traffic shaper of some sort if so does anyone know how to configure it based on the options shown in the picture unfortunately there is no documentation for this router D-Link GLB T other than a quick start guide and i ve searched google i was hoping someone here with experience seeing the options listed out can figure out what has to be done i maybe clutching at straws here but any help will be appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Home Network Traffic Shaping

c'mon guys, i know you're out there...please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/home-network-traffic-shaping.750025/
Relevancy 69.23%
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello Awesome helpful access svchost.exe by and Traffic Network HDD people I have a Windows Vista Home Premium SP -bit computer that had some infections previously but I believe they are fully resolved at this point I scan clean with MBAM Norton Antivirus Online and Eset s online scanner The crazy thing is I still have loads of HDD access I ran netstat and I see there are tons of connections being made by svchost exe to high numbered ports in the s range I ran Process Explorer Network Traffic and HDD access by svchost.exe and it seems like taskeng exe is responsible but I m not savvy enough in this area to know quite what to do about this problem I m just using the Windows Firewall I tried resetting it to defaults but that doesn t seem to stop all these connections that are being made It seems like someone is running a P P server on this machine or something Also note When I run the Task Scheduler I get the message quot The task image is corrupt or has been tampered with mcupdate quot I m not sure if this is related or not Please help

A:Network Traffic and HDD access by svchost.exe

DownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Do not change the default options on scan resultsDownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results hereDownloadESET online scannerInstall itClick on START,it should download the virus definitionsWhen scan gets completed,click on LIST of found threatsExport the list to desktop,copy the contents of the text file in your reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/466496/network-traffic-and-hdd-access-by-svchostexe/
Relevancy 69.23%

My system is functioning without any visible problems except for the network traffic Previously I was using a USB modem and the Received traffic was twice as Sent quite normal for my operational usage Lately I bought and installed the Netgear ADSL Router Modem DG and my Traffic: Network Outgoing Vs Incoming traffic as shown by the Local Area Connection Status window appears when clicking on the double monitor icon in the system tray is opposite - the amount of Sent is about twice as Received Just as soon as I boot my PC I already see that outgoing traffic is twice as incoming without me doing anything It been suggested that my system is infected Here is my log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM Network Traffic: Incoming Vs Outgoing on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXED Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeD Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exeD Program Files Comodo Firewall cmdagent exeD Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeD Program Files Spyware Doctor sdhelp exeD Program Files Spyware Terminator sp rsser exeD Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exeD Program Files UPHClean uphclean exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC PROGRA NVIDIA NETWOR bin nTrayFw exeD Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeD Program Files AnalogX CookieWall cookie exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeD Program Files IObit Advanced WindowsCare V Advanced WindowsCare V Pro Awc exeD Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exeD PROGRA SPYWAR SpywareTerminatorShield exeD Program Files Comodo Firewall CPF exeD Program Files GRISOFT AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exeD Program Files TitleBarClock Pro new Tbcpro exeD Program Files Virtual Magnifying Glass Magnifying Glass exeD Program Files tinySpell tinyspell exeD Program Files Rainlendar Rainlendar exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeD Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeD Program Files Spyware Doctor swdoctor exeC Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exeD Program Files DeeP CoodClip CoodClip exeC Program Files Google Web Accelerator GoogleWebAccWarden exeD Program Files WordWeb wweb exeD Program Files Clipboard Magic ClipboardMagic exeD Program Files KO Approach Approach exeC Program Files WallpaperToy Wallpapertoy ExeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIndex exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exeC Program Files Google Web Accelerator googlewebaccclient exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopDisplay exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopCrawl exeD Program Files Giganology Gigaget Gigaget exeD Program Files Maxthon Maxthon exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeD Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DfrgNTFS exeD Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkIcon exeD Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeD Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DfrgNTFS exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www th u com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www th u com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Ex... Read more

A:Network Traffic: Incoming Vs Outgoing

Welcome to BC TH4U Download ATF Cleaner by Atribune:http://www.atribune.org/ccount/click.php?id=1Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Click 'Select All' found at the bottom of the list.Click the 'Empty Selected' button.If you use Firefox browser, do this also:Click Firefox at the top and choose 'Select All' from the list.Click the 'Empty Selected' button.NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords,please click 'No' at the prompt.If you use Opera browser,do this also:Click Opera at the top and choose 'Select All' from the list.Click the 'Empty Selected' button.NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords,please click 'No' at the prompt.Click 'Exit' on the Main menu to close the program.************************Click on Start>Run and type Services.msc then hit Ok.Scroll down and find the service called:ULHCLFFWhen you find it, double-click on it.In the next window that opens, click the 'Stop' button. Then change the 'Startup Type:' to 'Disabled'. Now press Apply and then Ok and close any open windows. ************************Please follow these instructions carefully.Launch/start up AVG Anti-Spyware.On the main page click the 'Update' tab,and then 'Start Update'.Once the updates have been installed,do the following:Select the 'Scanner' icon at the top of the screen, then select the 'Settings' tab. Once in the 'Settings' screen,under 'How to act?',then under 'Set default action for detected malware to:', click on 'Recommended actions',then click on 'Quarantine'.Under 'Reports' select 'Automatically generate report after every scan' and unselect 'Only if threats were found'. Exit AVG Anti-Spyware,don't run the scan just yet.You might want to print/copy the following as you need to be in Safe Mode from here on.Reboot your computer into SAFE MODE" using the F8 method. To do this,restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".Have Hijack This fix the following [If still present], by placing a check in the appropriate boxes and selecting 'Fix checked'. Make sure all browser and all Windows Explorer windows are closed before fixing:O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - (no file)O2 - BHO: (no name) - {4A368E80-174F-4872-96B5-0B27DDD11DB2} - (no file)O2 - BHO: (no name) - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-85AA-FD60BB9AAE22} - (no file)O2 - BHO: LastClosedTab - {e05e75e9-a653-42a3-8d05-f2f7e309bdca} - mscoree.dll (file missing)O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-85AA-FD60BB9AAE22} - (no file)O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0015-0000-0007-ABCDEFFEDCBA} (Java Plug-in 1.5.0_07) -O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0015-0000-0008-ABCDEFFEDCBA} (Java Plug-in 1.5.0_08) -O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0015-0000-0009-ABCDEFFEDCBA} (Java Plug-in 1.5.0_09) -O20 - Winlogon Notify: WRNotifier - WRLogonNTF.dll (file missing)O23 - Service: ULHCLFF - Unknown owner - (no file)Still in Safe Mode launch AVG Anti-Spyware.Click the 'Scanner' icon at the top.To start the scan click on 'Complete System Scan'. Please be patient,it takes a while for the scan to finish.Once the scan is complete,do the following.If AVG Anti-Spyware detected any infected objects:,click on 'Apply All Actions'.Next click on 'Save Report'.Copy and paste that report into your next reply.The report can be found under the 'Reports' tab at the top.Close AVG Anti-Spyware when you've done.Reboot normally.Post the AVG Anti Spyware report and a new Hijackthis log into your next reply.Let me know how your pc is running now please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/82991/network-traffic-incoming-vs-outgoing/
Relevancy 69.23%

So first off I noticed my internet suddenly started slowing down a few days ago I also found that on World of Warcraft I'd be in the red and the game would lag Upon looking at my traffic I was having traffic/internet Network lag Unexplained frequent spikes of MB Unexplained Network traffic/internet lag download with larger spikes of MB with no obvious programs that would be using this much traffic Right around the time this happened I got a message saying Powershell had stopped working Then not long after I got a message saying something from Netstat being breached or something Shortly after my internet started to lag During spikes I can't access websites etc Very annoying I immediately started a full system scan with Avast and found win Adware-gen Adw other malware-gen Trj win Dropper-gen Drp Java Malware-gen Trj All were deleted successfully I also did a boot time scan and a malware scan with Malwarebytes and found no other infections yet the problems exists still I also swapped out modems I received a wifi router modem from Comcast but already had a router so I had it bridged to mine and wifi turned off I logged on to the Comcast modem and found all kinds of devices etc that I didn't recognize and somehow the settings were all different then what I had originally set it at It was password protected as well so I was a bit confused Any changes I made to the Comcast router didn't seem to save either Today I got rid of it think this was the source of the breach and got a regular surfboard modem Also my system says Utorrent had been installed on December th I did not upgrade to a new version or install it on that date and it should be much prior to that So that looks suspicious Utorrent is now uninstalled I only use it for a private tracker but still Avast also keep blocking a website call movieroomreviews which I've never heard of I think that covers all of the info Please let me know if you need anything else I also do have access to my Windows CD Here are my logs DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by Travis at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated AD D -BA - C - - A AD B SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP avast Antivirus Enabled Updated ACCC CA - C - C - B -AFE D E Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinService exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin USB Print and Storage Center BkBackupScheduler exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin USB Print and Storage Center Bkapcs exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe D Program Files x FitbitConnectService exe C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components FWService IntelMeFWService exe C Windows system IProsetMonitor exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components DAL jhi service exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE D Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center ipoint exe C Program Files Mic... Read more

A:Unexplained Network traffic/internet lag

Just to update I did a more thorough with avast and found 85 more infections! I cleared all of those and plugged the internet in quick and found the problems is still there.
So I quickly unplugged the internet again and windows installed updates in the mean time. I then shut the pc off. Today I turned it on (with no internet) and found all of my programs have been wiped. They're installed still but all of the program files are gone!
I really need help fast!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/unexplained-network-traffic-internet-lag-929922.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi guys,

I have a client that owns a building broken down into individual offices for different businesses. He wants to have different speed packages offered for these businesses as a subset of the main line? Which appliance (or other) would you recommend that can throttle different speeds to different ports on a managed switch (or even replace the switch if necessary)?

Thanks,

Jay

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/traffic-shaping-for-business-network.1013077/
Relevancy 69.23%

I have a couple of problem which I believe are linked.
1) When opening google I get this notification - "Unusual traffic from your computer network" and is requested to enter a captcha code
2) Internet browsing is very slow
3) Random pop ups occur when browsing.
4) Some pages do not load and the browser fails and does not connect to the site
Hoping someone can help me shortly

A:Unusual traffic from your computer network

This might be of interest: https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/86640?hl=en

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503295/unusual-traffic-from-your-computer-network/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello,

I installed the Network Monitor 3.4 x64 on my Win7 Domain-Client.

I selected the LAN network interfaces, created a new capture tab and pressed Start. The network conversation window says: "Waiting for network traffic..." but doesn't record anything. All windows keep empty.

I also tried to start the network monitor with right mouse "as admin" and I ended kaspersky and changed the disk quota, though I have lots of free disk space.

What am I missing?

Thanks for any help

Tiemo

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/884e39f0-8e0a-4309-95ef-40421e81579c/dont-record-any-network-traffic?forum=netmon
Relevancy 69.23%

hi guys,

any of you happened to know a tool that can be used for monitoring network traffic <Freeware hopefully ^_^> that can monitor all internet traffic, LAN traffic, WAN, Router <both FastEthernet and Serial>, etc ?

Relevancy 69.23%

I have a home LAN with a DSL connection to the Internet. One of my computers floods the network with traffic (90% of the time). When I hook this computer directly to the DSL modem, the traffic from tne computer seems normal. Any ideas?

Also this morning all the lights on my ethernet hub were out, including the power light. Can excessive network traffic cause this?

I am using Windows 98/ME on my computers. The network card in the offending computer is a "generic" card.

------------------

A:{Solved} - Excessive Network Traffic

Greetings

It might be because of a slightly faulty network card. Can you try out a different network card?

Cheers

------------------
Reuel Miller
Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excessive-network-traffic.29855/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi all I'm new to related spyware network traffic? this board duh I am trying to repair a friends computer after they left it online with no virus software or firewall or spyware removers installed Can you tell they're not that savvy So spyware related network traffic? after cleaning off viruses trojans etc I have it in a working state It's running WinXP Home SP The computer has some suspect network traffic I used Ethereal to capture spyware related network traffic? and decode the traffic and here is what I see Source Destination Protocol DNS Info Standard query A Yawojoodi Dynu net and Source Destination spyware related network traffic? Protocol DNS Info Standard query A abcdefg kangie co uk Now this seems like the remenants of a downloader but I am hardly the expert Is this something I should worry about I installed AVG Sygate Firewall Spybot S amp D Ad Aware SE The Cleaner and PCBug Doctor All programs read clean SYgate shows the traffic is generated by svchost exe and takes up to kbs at times No spyware or such has been downloaded by this activity but I have the computer behind a Linksys router I really don't want to find out what happens if I hook it up to the DSL modem directly I changed the name for security purposes Here is the HiJack This log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Sygate SPF smc exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS Nhksrv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgserv exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C PROGRA McAfee com Agent mcupdate exe C PROGRA McAfee com Agent McAgent exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X printray exe C Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C WINDOWS MMKeybd exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C WINDOWS system svchosts exe C WINDOWS system wuamgrd exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files LexmarkX AcBtnMgr X exe C Program Files LexmarkX ACMonitor X exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office FINDFAST EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE C Program Files Netropa Traymon exe C Program Files Netropa OSD exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Documents and Settings M E Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ie search msn com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www microsoft com isapi redir ie amp ar iesearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www microsoft com isapi redir ie amp ar iesearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http ie search msn com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page bak http www dellnet com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyviewer dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run Microsof... Read more

A:spyware related network traffic?

Welcome to TSF.

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad. You should not have any open browsers when you are following the procedures below.

Turn off system restore by right clicking on My Computer and go to Properties->System Restore and check the box for Turn off System Restore. Click Apply and then OK. Restart your computer. After we are finished with your log file and verified that it?s clean, you may turn it back on and create a new restore point.

Go to My Computer->Tools->Folder Options->View tab and make sure that Show hidden files and folders is enabled. Also make sure that the System Files and Folders are showing/visible also.

Please download Ad-aware SE and install it if you don?t have it already. Make sure it?s the newest version and check for any updates before running it. Go to this site to get the plug-in for fixing VX2 variants. Also make sure to customize the settings in Adaware for better scan results. Run the scan and fix everything that it finds.

Run an online virus scan at TrendMicro or RAV Antivirus. Select the Autoclean option if you use TrendMicro.

Reboot into Safe Mode (hit F8 key until menu shows up).

Make sure to close any open browsers. Go into HijackThis->Config->Misc. Tools->Open process manager. Select the following and click Kill process for each one if they are still listed (they shouldn?t be ? but double check it):

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchosts.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuamgrd.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\FINDFAST.EXE

Check and fix the following in HijackThis if they still exist (make sure not to miss any):

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Windows Update] svchosts.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Update Machine] wuamgrd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Win32 USB2 Driver] smsc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft 16Bit Update] wuapdate16.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Micr Update] soundblaster.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Restore] scrgrd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Microsoft Windows Update] svchosts.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Microsoft Update Machine] wuamgrd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Microsoft Restore] scrgrd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Win32 USB2 Driver] smsc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Microsoft 16Bit Update] wuapdate16.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Microsoft Windows Update] svchosts.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Microsoft Update Machine] wuamgrd.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Win32 USB2 Driver] smsc.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Microsoft 16Bit Update] wuapdate16.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Microsoft Restore] scrgrd.exe
O4 - Startup: Microsoft Find Fast.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\FINDFAST.EXE
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll

Delete the following Files/Folders (delete folders if no filename is specified) according to their directory (if none, just do a search for them) and delete them if they exist:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchosts.exe ? Notice the extra ?s? at the end ? don?t confuse this with svchost.exe which is a valid process
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuamgrd.exe

Also delete ALL those EXE and DLL files (in their corresponding directory) listed above in RED. They should be in the c:\windows\ directory but could be elsewhere also.

Reboot into Normal Mode.

After that?s done, restart and post a new HijackThis log file so we can make sure it?s clean.

To help prevent future spyware installations/infections, please read my anti-spyware section and use the tools provided.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/spyware-related-network-traffic-14684.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Win XP with sp3. Whenever I visit a website such as youtube that requires extra time to download the content, the UI becomes unresponsive. It has nothing to do rendering because I pause the youtube video. I do notice that the UI is back to normal once the video has finished downloading, which leads me to conclude that when there is any network traffic to/from my computer the UI will be unresponsive. This happens after the computer was infected with some trojans and I had to clean up/disable a bunch of stuff, and I suspect I might have disabled an important service in the background? Any idea how I could fix it?

A:XP box is crawling, related to network traffic

I reckon your computer is still infected.

Read this: http://forums.techguy.org/virus-other-malware-removal/943214-everyone-must-read-before-posting.html

and then create a new thread following the instructions in that thread you just read.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-box-is-crawling-related-to-network-traffic.984420/
Relevancy 69.23%

Okay let s see if this can be solved I ve got a Windows Enterprise Server The server has IIS configured and I m using Trend Micro Server Protect Unfortunately I haven t been able to find a proper firewall yet so this computer is pretty much quot unprotected quot What happened is that while I was updating an asp IPSEC traffic? Network blocks file I suddenly felt how the computer was going slower and slower I tried accessing the homepage from another computer but it didn t seem to get a connection to the computer A ping confirmed that the connection to the server was down I tried to look at the services on the server and when IPSEC blocks Network traffic? I shut down the IPSEC service the network connection went up again I looked at Task Manager and found that some services were using lots of CPU resources wmiprvse exe IPSEC blocks Network traffic? wins exe cidaemon exe and cisvc exe are some services with strange behaviour I tried to End the processes but they restarted all the time and I had to Disable the services to get a moment of peace IPSEC blocks Network traffic? I ve tried to visit Trend Micros Symantecs Pandas RAVs and some other site to get an online scan At that moment I didn t quite trust my own system They didn t find anything Despite that I made a manual search for suspicious files and entries in registry I found entries by interbusca F Organizer TV Media and a couple of other files recognized as spyware after a search on Google I have not yet installed the Service Pack is it still RC for W but will try that very soon Now The problem is that I m running Exchange Server on this computer and has enabled SSL The homepage works fine with all features but when I m trying to access the OWA it says Service Unavailable Checking the Services tells me that the Exchange services are down Are the services depending on IPSEC to be enabled I was thinking this may be possible because IPSEC encrypts the traffic and I ve activated SSL for the email but I kind of need a second opinion on this problem My Computer Please don t laugh PII MHz Mb RAM HDD Gb Gb Gb Windows Enterprise Server DNS DHCP IIS FTP AD acts as a PDC Exchange Server Trend Micro Server Protect Trend Micro Scanmail Unfortunately I lack of resources in hardware and money and uses the same computer for lots of purposes I ve got lots of other applications on this server such as Macromedia MX Suite Nero Burning ROM Plextools MS Office IRC Server Printer Server I used to be running SQL Server but that one is now uninstalled since I activated SSL Couldn t make them cooperate and have the Agent service running Well I believe I ve got everything now What I need is to have IPSEC running again and get the Exchange services up as without losing network connection I also have some mailboxes on this server that I don t want to lose Does someone have a guess on what s going on or maybe some advise on how to continue my troubleshooting nbsp

A:IPSEC blocks Network traffic?

Got some additional information..

Active Directory can't start, which explains Exchange Server. But Q is not why AD doesn't want to start..?

I've got an Antivirus Server on network with an NT4 Server installed as Stand Alone.
Delegated Trust for it to W2003 Server.
Remember a while ago when W2003 Server complained about another server on network trying to act as a Master Browser.. Wonder if it's the NT4?
Could this be the reason why AD wont start?

Also.. Made a scan with OfficeScan installed (Never thought it would work installing it on W2003 E. Server).
So far it has found 15 viruses on that server. I'm glad I'm stubborn and followed my instincts.

Anyone have some guess to help me out on this issue?
Maybe some suggestion on how to continue my troubleshooting?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ipsec-blocks-network-traffic.323534/
Relevancy 69.23%

I am looking for a network traffic monitoring tool that can monitor all the network users, to see who are largely using network(send and receive data).
I did some research, but most software I found can only monitor the local computer.

Does anybody know is there any good network traffic monitoring tool for small business or home network.

Thanks!

A:looking for a network traffic monitoring tool

Quote: Originally Posted by beidog

I am looking for a network traffic monitoring tool that can monitor all the network users, to see who are largely using network(send and receive data).
I did some research, but most software I found can only monitor the local computer.

Does anybody know is there any good network traffic monitoring tool for small business or home network.

Thanks!

What router do you have?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/122269-looking-network-traffic-monitoring-tool.html
Relevancy 69.23%

So I'm at my wits end on this one I've searched high and low on just about every forum for a fix to this My PC seems to stutter and lag during any kind of network traffic to my PC At first I thought it was just happening when I was watching Youtube vids or downloading torrents but sitting there with nothing running and a simple message through skype will trigger it too Just did a re-install of windows and it's still happening which is making me lose my mind Restarting Windows fixes it temporarily but within - hours the problem begins coming back it's small at first but gets increadibly bad later Leaving my pc running all night by next morning watching youtube vids is pretty much in slow motion with long drawn out stuttery sound Disabling the wireless adaptor actually stops it all I can start watching a youtube vid and halfway through it lagging and sputtering along lagging (Win PC and during stuttering traffic network 10) if I disable the adaptor it instantly plays normal until it gets through everything it buffered Heres a breakdown of everything I've tried thus far to fix it -Updated Windows -Updated graphics driver -Updated sound driver -Updated wireless drivers -Disabled wifi card and used a USB adaptor instead -Disabled my page file -Disabled event log -Tried a different browser -Restarting modem and finally the last thing I tried -Re-installed Windows as a fresh install on a brand new SSD There may have been a PC lagging and stuttering during network traffic (Win 10) few other things I tried to in there but cannot remember If anyone has had something similar or additional steps I can try please help me this thing is driving me insane

A:PC lagging and stuttering during network traffic (Win 10)

Hi Vedegris and welcome to Ten Forums!

Since you've done so much work already, possibility to solve your problem here looks not very high to me.
First of all - I have no idea, but if I would be in your place there are few things that I would do: when the problem occurs
- check in task manager (or ProcessExplorer from Sysinternals) if there is CPU high load and which program causes it,
- do the same for possible memory leak
- try with wired network
- reset you BIOS

I'm sure you've done all the search for possible problems of your motherboard and graphic card.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/46819-pc-lagging-stuttering-during-network-traffic-win-10-a.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Lately I've been having some unusual network traffic. I've checked with Network Monitor 3.4 and the process name is either svchost or system or unknown.
How can I find out what generates the traffic ? There were mainly TCP packets, but others too.

I don't expect to solve the problem for me, just want some guides that you might know of, or tools to analyze network traffic, or some info on how to interpret Network Monitor frame details.

edit: antivirus/firewall/.. is hopeless

A:How to determine what generates network traffic?

You could try a packet sniffer/analyzer such as WinPcap... but they arent easy to figure out initially!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/185671-how-determine-what-generates-network-traffic.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi,

Would anyone be kind enough to point me in the right direction with this issue ?

I would like to be able to determine whether there is any bittorrent traffic on my LAN and then pin point exactly which computer the activity is occuring on hopefully by the IP address.

Do I need to use something like an IP sniffer or packet inspector ?

Hope you can help and thanks,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-there-a-way-to-detect-bit-torrent-traffic-on-my-network.978022/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi there guys I am running windows Vista bit on a Dell XPS i with GB of Ram Here recently I have been noticing minor slowdowns when I am working in Expression Studio or Visual Studio I have a CPU RAM usage monitor on my sidebar and it usually shows around cpu usage and it spikes up when it does its thing Recently however I have noticed a lot more usage in both CPU and RAM I opened cpu/ram and increased network usage traffic up resource manager and the network activity was off the charts The graphs for quot Disk quot and quot CPU quot were constant spikes at as well I have created a hijack this scan and logfile and wondered if I could get one of the experts to take a look at it and see if there is anything there that they can see Thank in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exeC Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray increased network traffic and cpu/ram usage exeC Program Files increased network traffic and cpu/ram usage Logitech SetPoint x SetPoint exeC Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com USCON R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http cs colstate increased network traffic and cpu/ram usage edu R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exeO - Hosts localhostO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dllO - BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO - B E -A B - A -B - CD E A FF - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dllO - BHO SmartSelect - F EE -DAA - - - D EE A - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dllO - Toolbar amp Windows Live Toolbar - FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dllO - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dllO - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dllO - HKLM Run DellSupportCenter quot C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe quot P DellSupportCenterO - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Fil... Read more

A:increased network traffic and cpu/ram usage

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTListIt.txt Will be openedExtra.txt Will be minimizedInformation on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/252943/increased-network-traffic-and-cpuram-usage/
Relevancy 69.23%

<font face="Tahoma" size="2">
Hi all,

I'm experiencing some problems with a standard 56K dial-up connection in that (after the handshaking) no traffic is occurring between the PC and ISP host.

This PC did have a firewall (Norman Internet Control) installed, which ceased to work after a mailbox filter application was installed. Both these apps have now been uninstalled, but still nothing happens with the dial-up.

I'm fairly sure that I purged the registry of related information, however some Windows services remain; they are not started though. The O/S is Windows XP Home Edition.

Also, this DUN connection works fine on a different PC, with the same settings, so I've pretty much ruled out a bad server connection.

Has anyone seen anything like this before, or know of any tools to analyse the traffic with a view to identifying blockages or faults ?

Any reply appreciated.
</font>

A:Dial-up Network Traffic (or lack of)

I have seen that before on a friend's computer. Repairing Internet Explorer did the trick.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dial-up-network-traffic-or-lack-of.133545/
Relevancy 69.23%

Is there some sort of software available to install on ones system to monitor all devices on your network and compile a monthly bandwidth usage log file so I could be ready to have some check s and balance traffic ones network total Monitoring s in place when charging one for their bandwidth usage is going to be the norm for anyone with Cable service and probably everything else Satellite etc I have Time Warner and their Ultimate Internet package which is great with the up load speed of mbps and downloads at mbps it s just that since they have their way of giving you a report each month of ones usage I would like Monitoring ones total network traffic to be able to compare my self with my own results I have come across several program s you can Install on each and everything you own as far as computers but now way to monitor TV s and printer s etc I m using Motorola Surf Board SBG and they have nothing on their web site period to use with this modem router I would be very grateful of any suggestions on this issue I have nbsp

Relevancy 69.23%

I have a very simple home network, consisting of two machines. The first is a new linux box that acts as a router and connects to the outside world, and the second is an older machine that dual boots to linux or Win98.

The problem I'm having is that when I attempt to transfer a large file between the two machines, the older machine locks up with a pattern of vertical lines across the screen. This happens when the older machine is running MS or Linux. I have connected the two machines via an ethernet switch and directly with a crossover cable, and the problem persists.

I'm hoping that someone with more experience in setting up networks than I can shed some light as to a possible cause of this problem. Any help is appreciated.

A:Heavy network traffic causes crash

what speed are the nic's?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/heavy-network-traffic-causes-crash.35817/
Relevancy 69.23%

There was a recent thread about checking traffic volumes and the recommendation was for NetMeter. I ran this just to see and it provides lots of information about total traffic and will produce logs.
Does anyone know if there is a tool out there which will tell you what program is using the connection to the ISP? It is easy enough to see, for example, if your AV is running an update but what about other programs that grab the link and make use of it?
Any ideas anyone?

A:Network/internet traffic monitoring

netstat comes with every OS. Use TCPView from Sysinternals for a prettier interface.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-internet-traffic-monitoring.84476/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi All,
I am now running Windows 7 on 3 PC's at home, 2 64 bit and 1 32bit, 2 wired, 1 wireless.
Now looking at my modem, every 3-5 seconds all 3 lights flash and look like they all ping each other, they are all on default homegroup.
Is this what they should be doing, it never happened when 1 was xp, 1 was vista and 1 win7
Cheers

A:Constant Pings - Network Traffic

Quote: Originally Posted by pinged

Hi All,
I am now running Windows 7 on 3 PC's at home, 2 64 bit and 1 32bit, 2 wired, 1 wireless.
Now looking at my modem, every 3-5 seconds all 3 lights flash and look like they all ping each other, they are all on default homegroup.
Is this what they should be doing, it never happened when 1 was xp, 1 was vista and 1 win7
Cheers

Perfectly normal. It the computers way of saying who else is out there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/72059-constant-pings-network-traffic.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello everyone. Basically, I am looking for a program that can monitor network traffic that has passed through a specific PC in my network. In particular, I would like to know the amount of internet related traffic that has been used by that PC (ie seperated from normal network traffic). Does anyone know if there is any software that meets this criteria? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitoring-internet-traffic-over-a-network.921327/
Relevancy 69.23%

How would I check the volume of network traffic generated by particular server-based software, or particular desktops?

Thanks,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/test-volume-of-network-traffic.1042386/
Relevancy 69.23%

Not sure what I ve got but it s nasty Noticed sluggish CPU ran TaskManager TaskList SVC to find svchost - Dcomlaunch is dual-core processor Ran Wireshark to discover a stream of UDP messages to at the rate of MByte sec -- no wonder my Internet was slow Have a Wireshark trace in case that would help MB Detached infected computer from the LAN Have a nd machine so did all the downloads on that and used a USB flash drive to move things back and forth Downloaded amp ran MalwareBytes -- once from regular Windows once from Safe mode once again from regular Cleaned out a bunch of stuff but not the nasty one Downloaded amp ran ComboFix -- in violation of your instructions but I m impatient to get back to work Log network svchost at traffic UDP 50%, constant attached Then as a last resort I read your svchost at 50%, constant UDP network traffic instructions Ran defogger log attached but looks like binary ran dds pasted below and attached Tried to extract and run gmer twice -- both times got a BSOD on the file WINDOWS system drivers ybzfqz sys invalid page fault Any help will be greatly appreciated ThanksDDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by jcrowley at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP svchost at 50%, constant UDP network traffic Professional GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exec Program Files xampp apache bin httpd exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmtC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k HPServiceC Program Files Common Files InterVideo RegMgr iviRegMgr exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exec altera sp quartus bin jtagserver exeC Program Files xampp mysql bin mysqld exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files PDF Complete pdfsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files xampp apache bin httpd exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS system igfxtray exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC Program Files PDF Complete pdfsty exeC WINDOWS SMINST Scheduler exeC Program Files taskix Taskix exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exeC Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice binC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterC Program Files Wireshark wireshark exeE Defogger exeE dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www hp comBHO HP Print Enhancer c e- - -bf - c - c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing hpswp printenhancer dllBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dllBHO FDMIECookiesBHO Class cc e f - e - fa- faa- bf - c program files free download manager iefdm dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllBHO HP Smart BHO Class ffffffff-cf e- f b-bdc - e e a - c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing hpswp BHO dlluRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exemRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exemRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exemRun Persistence c windows system igfxpers exemRun High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAShCut exemRun RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXEmRun PDF Complete quot c program files pdf complete pdfsty exe quot mRun SetRefresh c program files compaq setrefresh SetRefresh exemRun Recguard c windows sminst Recguard exemRun Reminder c windows creator Remind XP exemRun Scheduler c windows sminst Sch... Read more

A:svchost at 50%, constant UDP network traffic

Possibly SOLVED!Downloaded the Trinity Rescue Kit from trinityhome.org --- very, very good. (Tried about 5 other bootable DOS rescue kits with no luck.)Burned this ISO to a CD, booted from the CD.The TRK boots into Linux, but can mount the C: drive (NTFS) as read/write. Renamed C:/WINDOWS/system32/drivers/ybzfqz.sys to a nonsense name. Was afraid to delete it since I believe that the structure of the file is purposefully corrupted, so who knows what would have happened to the file system.PS: In TRK select the option to mount all filesystems, then:-- cd /-- ls -l -- to list all files-- cd /sda1 -- (sorry, did not write down the name, but something like this)-- ls -l -- you should see the list of root files on your C: drive-- cd WINDOWS/system32/drivers -- filenames are case-sensitive in Linux-- mv ybzfqz.sys yJbDzCfqz.sOyUsT -- 'mv' in Linus is a rename. Made sure to change both initial part and the 'sys' suffix to be junk<b>Note: </b>This is not a complete cure since the file, and possibly other vestiges, remain. Would still like to have a better solution if anyone has one.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/351202/svchost-at-50-constant-udp-network-traffic/
Relevancy 69.23%

Ok I m searching about everywhere on the net for a solution So here I am I hope I m in the right section Ok the problem is that everytime I have network traffic the effect is much more present when uploading then traffic Network interference with sound when downloading I hear a small noise interference like while sound is playing Network traffic interference with sound If no sound is playing no noise will be heard If music games sound or whatever is playing and I m uploading for instance I Network traffic interference with sound will heard that sound The more network traffic there is the more noise will be heard Sooo I have P Asus P T RDRAM Gig Maxtor Sound Blaster Live Value Realtek network card Asus GF GTS and on Windows XP The problem is from like almost years now What I have done -Formatted multiple times -Installed the newest drivers each time for almost everything -Switch network cards to test D-Link - gt Realtek -Switched the slots on which the soundcard and network cards where -I changed the speakers -Tried windows XP default drivers for both network card and sound card then tried with the newest one on the sites -Checked for IRQ conflicts soundcard is on unique IRQ network card shares IRQ with a Intel usb controller thingy there is no slot configuration which makes virtually no conflicts for both cards always some kind of IRQ sharing except for one slot -I upgraded my BIOS to the newest version -Muted any inputs on the soundcard I don t have anything wireless -Disabled ACPI reformatted and reinstalled Windows and reinstalled the drivers That s about that Creative has tried solving my problem and I think they are out of ideas for now I m ready to do almost anything to resolve it so ask any questions verify any statement I said If needed I can post the conversations with Creative but I said the big ideas mostly just before nbsp

A:Network traffic interference with sound

I don't see the obvious solution, switch sound cards. In addition, I'd check the system grounding, especially the difference in grounds between the speaker power connection and the system power connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-traffic-interference-with-sound.118575/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello, This is my first post and to be a bit of an ignorant so and so I am stragith away jumping into asking a bone question. My apologies for taking advantage of your good nature like this.

My question is; I wish to monitor the traffic on a network card on a Vista computer as I am trying to figure out why an anti virus software is not running. I need to be able to see the messages that the AV update is giving out, i.e. requesting update from ... listening on port .... nothing heard ....

I don't even know if there is anything like this out there. If I am talking nonsense, my apologies.

Many thanks in advance

A:monitor network traffic on an interface

Hello mockingbirdfan

Welcome to TSF

We have a staff of techs who have a wide variety of skills and will be able to help you with your problem, This is not my area of expertise, and that one of the Team members who can help them will be along shortly.

regards

Craig

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/monitor-network-traffic-on-an-interface-218671.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I am in Iraq and a small group of use have a dish setup so we can access net from here. We have a very small download limit, like 6gb a month or something, its great for talking to family and surfing the web but I'm afraid that someone is doing some things they shouldn't be doing, either downloading or gaming. We have a spare laptop, and I'm trying to find out if there is any software we can install on the laptop to monitor which the traffic, we'd like to see which IP is using how much bandwidth and which ports they are using. Any suggestions? or is this even possible? We don't want to buy a firewall or anything.

A:Network Software for monitoring traffic

Hi jimmylee7706 and welcome to TSG

A shareware program like Wallwatcher may work for you if you are using a router supported by the software. The software does not directly monitor the traffic but depends on a suitable router sending its log data to the connected PC running the software.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-software-for-monitoring-traffic.786700/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hellooo Attached is the two network (I high BSOD think) with traffic things I had to run both inside the folder perfmon is titled perfmon html The information requested Windows BSOD with high network traffic (I think) pretty sure SP bit It is the originally installed OS Full retail version Age of hardware and OS is approx months built it around June ' - but this is an old problem since the beginning really CPU i k Not OC GPU Asus GTX Only OC by the Asus software very very slightly Mobo Asus P Z BSOD with high network traffic (I think) -V PSU Antec HCG- - w System manufacturer and model number not applicable In the interim I will not be running the driver verifier reason being that I've gone through this process of quot what the hell is wrong quot many many times One of which I did run the driver verifier and got stuck in a cycle of BSOD's and don't really want to go through that again as I don't know how I got out of it Sometimes they'll just randomly happen but usually it's only when using a lot network bandwidth which I can pretty much bet on within half an hour to a few hours - viewing streams Steam updating itself bittorrent etc It may be worth mentioning that my RAM x GB Corsair XMS one of the sticks started causing a very memory specific BSOD error I can't remember the exact name of it unfortunately that was causing them BSODs stupidly quick when using a lot of memory but I've since taken it out this was in April I think and just the usual tcpip sys related crashing Whether it was the stick or slot that was causing issues I'm not sure I currently only have modules in

A:BSOD with high network traffic (I think)

You can get out of the BSOD cycle from turning on Driver Verifier by going into Safe Mode (tap F8 prior to Windows logo) then go back into Driver Verifier and select "delete existing settings" and click Finish, thereby turning off DV. Restart normally to return to regular Windows.

The thing is, the BSOD loop is actually DV catching a buggy driver early in its attempt to bug the system at driver load, and thereby BSODing the system during startup.

Anyways, we may not need it afterall. So far every crashdump I've looked at has Netlimiter to blame. Uninstall it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-with-high-network-traffic-i-think-714241.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hey Everyone Some Background I run a file server that I use Windows on for now with a RAID array and Teamed NIC's I Program Traffic Logging For Network take this server to LAN parties and the like and use it as a Steam games backup and distribution center for all the participants at the LAN Basically I backup my entire Steam Program For Logging Network Traffic library to it and make those backups available for anyone to grab if they don't have a specific game installed and would like to play it during the event This saves a huge amount of Internet usage for us since people downloading - GB Steam games all day takes forever when you've got people trying to download at once These are all placed into a quot Steam Backup quot directory and shared to the network with Read-only access On top of this I create a quot Steam Backup Dropbox quot share that has Read and Write access but not modify I allow people to place their own Steam game backups in here and once complete I manually move them into the Steam Backup directory for everyone to share Keep in mind this is all completely legitimate since you need to have the game owned and associated with your Steam account Program For Logging Network Traffic in order to play the game Even if you take a backup and restore it to your machine without owning it Steam won't let you launch it since it knows you don't own it Onto my question I would like to be able to monitor the total amount of data transferred into and out of this server If possible I'd like to be able to log the network activity for specific shares such as quot Steam Backup quot and quot Steam backup Dropbox quot so I can see how much data was sent received from each I would also like to Program For Logging Network Traffic log the computer names hostnames of the computers accessing the files so I know who is accessing files on the LAN If computer name isn't loggable IP address works as well If its possible I would also like to log if a file transfer completes or not Since Steam Backups are effectively directory per game if I could log how many times a directory is transferred completely that would be awesome Seeing how many times a transfer fails doesn't complete would also be nice So in summary I'm looking for a program that lets me Log network traffic send receive totals For specific shares if possible Log file access who accessed which specific files Log which computer name host name IP accesses which files Log file transfer complete incomplete failure for specific directories If anyone knows of anything like this please let me know

A:Program For Logging Network Traffic

Hi there,

Check out ShareWatch and other freeware here:
4 ways to monitor who is accessing your shared folders/files | Reviews, news, tips, and tricks | dotTechdotTech

Please let us know if this is what you were looking for.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/324791-program-logging-network-traffic.html
Relevancy 69.23%

hey guys -

I've just built a new w2k server, sp4, and the machine never exactly idles - i have DU meter running and there's a constant upload/download (approximately 15kb/120kb) but I'm unable to figure out what's causing it.

So, I'm looking for a freeware/shareware tool that will be able to tell me what applications, services or processes are causing the traffic.

Thanks in advance!

A:Tool to monitor network traffic?

www.ethereal.com is an excellent network monitor, and it's free.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tool-to-monitor-network-traffic.436218/
Relevancy 68.8%

I have an old laptop with Windows XP Professional SP with all my music on it I want to leave it in the living room and let anyone use it to limit how to connectivity network wirelessly stream the songs to the stereo itunes and airport express However I don t want people to use it for web browsing etc because i don t have how to limit network connectivity time to be constantly cleaning viruses spyware from it The airport express will not be connected to the internet Ideally I would like to limit a how to limit network connectivity regular user to connect to my airport express only and not the other wireless router in the house that is connected to the how to limit network connectivity internet and not be able to connect with an ethernet cable either At the same time an administrator account should be able to connect to download security fixes etc If it is not possible to have separate policies for a normal user and an admin that is ok i would still choose to limit the network connectivity to my airport express only Is there some way to do this using group policies or local policies gpedit msc thanks nbsp

Relevancy 68.8%

I carry out work at a complex inhabited by students in the UK.
I have a 20 meg(ish) connection coming in to a wireless router which goes on to a 32 port network switch/hub which has 32 hardwired lines supplying 32 rooms throughout the building

The problem is that a few people are filesharing & jamming up the connection for everyone else.
What i need to do is limit the individual connections to each user so they still have a good connection but cannot dominate the network

Also the wireless is active and covers a couple of communal rooms next to the router which have no hardwired connections, so ideally the wireless would need capping too but thats not critical

A:How to limit bandwidth across a network

You should be able to do this through the routers interface by using "access contol" and the QOS engine. The required settings are a bit different for all types of routers so it's hard to give exact instructions for this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/118797-how-limit-bandwidth-across-network.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I have 50 pc internet cafe

I am sharing movie,music and tv series from server. but windows7 sharing limit 20

can I do this limit for 50 pc

I am trayed some setting but, I did not succeed

can you help me about this?

note: my english is not so good
hope you understand what I mean hopefully.

A:help for network sharing limit

Hi, Welcome to Sevenforums.

I am not an expert in this. But, you may want to check this out. Configure the max limit for concurrent TCP connections | Network | Smallvoid.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/316222-help-network-sharing-limit.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hey,

i recently made a home network on my pc using XP.
All went fine.

I then connected to my network from my other pc upstairs and tried to send a 4.5gb file it got all the way to the end then says "disk is full" but the computer i set up my network with has 60gb spare.

i tried sending a 200mb file and that worked ok

Any ideas?

Relevancy 68.37%

My network seems to be slowing way down. I have basic networking knowledge and moderate Server knowledge. I, however, do not have very good analyzer skills.

Just like how we have an awsome sticky on RAID, I was wondering if we could have one on analyzing tools.

Personally I am looking for something either built into Server 2003, downloadable form Microsoft, or even free or expensive software that lets me monitor my network for traffic problems.

I am getting lots of users who are connected to a database on our server, and about every 5 minutes it looses the connection. I am trying to track the problem and don't know where to start.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-traffic-monitor-analyzer-stickie.65284/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello again I've had good months with my computer and now problems again I noticed the other night that the router was locks network & system High traffic showing a lot of traffic to from my computer and I didn't think much of it Then last night it locked up And continued to do so today after rebooting in shorter intervals each time down to less than minutes after a reboot Disconnected computer from router ran spybot with found command prompt and a trojan and said it removed both I then ran ad aware which only found tracking cookies For good measure I ran spybot again and it came up clean Computer was good for an hour then the problem returned with it just locking up I didn't see any of the programs in step I downloaded and installed vx for ad aware and it was clean I tried running pandascan and my system locked up on me I'd love your help in cleaning my computer I'll be sure to subscribe to this thread Mike

Relevancy 68.37%

I was wondering how one would go about routing all of their network traffic through a proxy server not just http traffic. Thanks a lot for any and all help!

-Faktor

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/routing-all-network-traffic-through-a-proxy-server.45092/
Relevancy 68.37%

I have a laptop on my network that is constantly connecting to a server on our network and out to a private IP x x out in the internet This activity triggers event ID on our server up to around events per sec The laptop is active when not in use and at odd times of the evening and weekends if left on I have since banned that laptops internet access on Strange of network traffic laptop behavior and and Strange traffic and behavior of laptop on network access to that IP in my firewall Nod Smart security is installed and updated daily After the odd behavior I updated Malwarebytes and ran a scan with no results Then I loaded Comodo Firewall Plus and it has not picked up anything I just ran a Hijackthis scan and will post my results below For the life of me I cannot pin down what this is or even if i should be concerned Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS System svchost exec Program Files Fingerprint Sensor AtService exeC WINDOWS system svchost exec Program Files Hewlett-Packard Drive Encryption HpFkCrypt exeC Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cmdagent exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exec Program Files ActivIdentity ActivClient accoca exeC WINDOWS system agrsmsvc exeC Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security ekrn exec Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP ProtectTools Security Manager PTChangeFilterService exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system mqsvc exeC WINDOWS system mqtgsvc exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEc Program Files Hewlett-Packard IAM Bin AsGHost exeC WINDOWS system AccelerometerSt ExeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files ActivIdentity ActivClient accrdsub exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exec Program Files ActivIdentity ActivClient acevents exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exeC Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exeC Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security egui exeC Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cfp exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons Com QLBEx exeF HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a all amp pf cmnbO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllO - BHO AOL Toolbar BHO - C - CB - A -B F - EA C F - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO MSN Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - C Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dllO - BHO Credential Manager for HP ProtectTools - DF F DB- C - D - -B D EC - c Program Files Hewlett-Packard IAM Bin ItIEAddIn dllO - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dllO - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO ... Read more

A:Strange traffic and behavior of laptop on network

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/327728/strange-traffic-and-behavior-of-laptop-on-network/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi,

I have recently moved to a wireless broadband connection. The connection is slower than my cable internet in my previous residence. So, I'm noticing some things while I work. One thing is that every time I access my local hard drive, there is network traffic and I have to wait for the network. This is while I'm connected to a VPN. The folders I'm accessing are not synchronized off-line files, either. I do have one mapped network drive.

Anyone know what would cause Windows XP to instigate network traffic when accessing a local drive and how to limit it?

Thanks,
Paul

A:Network traffic while accessing local drive

This is actually a situation I ran across some time back. Every local access was trying to touch a network drive, and when that drive wasn't available, it got ugly! In my case, it was a errant path in the registry that was being searched every time I opened a file locally.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-traffic-while-accessing-local-drive.946707/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello Guys As soon as i turn on my Wifi adapter and connect to my router in the taskmanager and ressourcemanager it tells by is Possible Infection, traffic all used Botnet being adapter network my me that my download traffic is Possible Botnet Infection, all network traffic is being used by my adapter at the max so at about kbit s dsl k Upload speed between and kbit s I noticed when the computer is idle so not downloading anything or loading any webpage also sometimes the download rate explosion stops and goes to zero but as Possible Botnet Infection, all network traffic is being used by my adapter soon im trying to use the internet again something eats up all the capacity It is difficult to download appropriate antivirus software like bitdefender because my downloadspeed is allready occupied by something Also its strange that my harddrives arent filling up at all It is not any software update or windows update since the problem exists since days when i installed a few programs to emulate a virtual machine Everything startet with an error when i tried to acces soundcloud dot com which said the connection failed please check your proxy settings The same error happened at some other sites too but sometimes afterwards i could normaly acces them again without that message Also at that point my Microsoft security essentials collapsed together with windows defender and gave me some error at the start of windows as a result i couldnt start it again and it wasnt running at all Edit Also important may be that if i try to run any exe file i get an error saying the windows smart screen quot cant be reached right now quot and that i have to check my internet connection So heres steps i allready done to find out whats happening -I checked for updates in windows center and couldnt find any Also Windows wasnt updating or downloading any update as far i could tell -I run my malwarebytes antimalware and did a full scan without finding anything -I run the Programm RUBotted exe to log and sniff for any supicious bot activity but even when network is maxed out it says no botnet malware found -I run a full scan on HitmanPro EU-cleaner without finding anything else than a few tracker cookies in my temp folder and one Trojan virus that i deleted right away -I tried to run Norton Power Eraser but it allways gave me an error that it cant connect to the internet and afterwards that it cant scan a harddrive that is made from a recovery image or something like that and that also before i reseted to a earlier state or completly wiped C -I set back my computer state to a week ago with the result that i got my windows defender back where i run a scan and couldnt find anything Still maxed out download traffic Also i got a fresh install of McAfe at that point in which i run a full scan aswell without finding anything -I reset my windows home to a clean install via windows start screen using shift restart method deleting all files on harddrive C SSD where my windows was located but backed up my downloads and documents before that to D which is my second harddrive HDD but still same issue my traffic is maxed out At the moment im trying to get hold on a USB Window version but i dont know how to take over my key that came with my Laptop and if there is any other way than wiping out my second harddrive aswell It is an Acer Aspire v with an intel i- hq gb ddr ram and a secondary grafic card geforce gtx m Thanks in advance for any response and for your services in general visited techforum many times for reading purpose and found what i needed

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/possible-botnet-infection-all-network-traffic-is-being-used-by-my-adapter-1163705.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi my brother runs undetected Suspicious traffic, malware? network Windows and seems to inadvertently have downloaded some malware of sorts The first thing I noticed when logging on to my machine I run Linux yesterday morning was a steady state of NetBIOS NS SSDP and other traffic looking for among other things machines named quot MACHINE quot quot ISATAP quot and quot ISATAP LAN quot eg NBNS Name query NB MACHINE lt c gt The appearance of the traffic coincided with him landing on a decidedly dodgy website the night before and although low level one query per sec typically it was the first thing I noticed i e it's clearly something that wasn't there before Another thing I've seen are occasional ARP blasts asking for more or less all LAN addresses over a period of a couple of seconds as well as attempts by his machine to access UDP port on my machine we have never configured any kind of service on my machine that his machine would access His machine has McAfee installed and running in Real-Time active mode but it detected nothing He's tried Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool which Suspicious network traffic, undetected malware? didn't detect any infections at all he's also scanned with Spybot which did detect something but nothing above the level of benign mostly cookies etc Malwarebytes Anti-Malware did also not detect anything except a known cloud storage program JustCloud he's had installed for months He tried restoring the system using Windows System Restore to a point before the infection symptoms started appearing Suspicious network traffic, undetected malware? At first it seemed to have fixed it somewhat although other less serious and persistent symptoms appeared However after a little while half an hour or so the original suspicious activity reappeared At one point when he tried to put the computer to quot sleep quot with the sleep function it went through the motions by dimming and turning off the screen but the machine didn't actually enter sleep state Suspicious network traffic, undetected malware? and the hard-disk light continued to indicate activity He tried this several times but only after a reboot did the sleep function work properly This has never happened before he uses quot sleep quot most of the time We tried installing MS's Network Monitor and Neuben's Security Task Manager to see if we could identify the source of the packets but didn't get closer than quot System quot We have a couple of screenshots plus several Wireshark packet traces but the instructions for posting here are very clear about what to attach and what not to attach As noted there seems to be no doubt something has happened but what Has day malware been installed Or has something been messed up in the configuration We haven't tried a register clean repair yet for fear that it will make matters worse Any suggestions gratefully received and worshipfully appreciated Best -- Per DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by Operator at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT AV McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Disabled Updated ADA C - F - - A- B E SP McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Disabled Updated C C - - - FA- E F F SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system nvwmi exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system nvwmi exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite adm... Read more

Relevancy 68.37%

Hello,

I am trying to do some experiments on my local WIFI.

For some of the test cases i need to create huge traffic on the WIFI network and try to create a lot traffic over the network.

Can anyone please suggest any tools to do the same.

Note: I guess IPERF can help me in doing that but I cant find a source where i can download iperf for windows. All the sites that I saw had broken links.

Any kind of help in this regard will be appreciated.

Regards,
Rakesh

Relevancy 68.37%

Is there a utility I can run that would tell me what services are running or what information is being transmitted over the network while editing a picture in Microsoft Photo Editor?

Relevancy 68.37%

Does anyone know of a program that can monitor the network traffic on my home network. I have LAN parties at my house every so often and people like to torrent and stuff when others are playing games, causing horrible lag. I need a way to monitor this. It would be great if I could just get a program to show packets going through and have them labeled by the computername of the destination for the packet.

Iv'e tried a couple programs from download.com but their just not really what i'm looking for.

Relevancy 68.37%

I tried to start google seach website http www google comand this instruction was shownI fear maybe there is some sort of Trojan or Malaware on my Unusual from computer your network Google traffic from systemDDS TXT------------------------DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by SmestarZ at Unusual traffic from your computer network from Google on - - Microsoft Windows XP Unusual traffic from your computer network from Google Professional GMT AV Norton Premier Edition Enabled Updated E A - - -B - C C F FW Norton Premier Edition Enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXEC Program Files AskBarDis bar bin AskService exeC Program Files AskBarDis bar bin ASKUpgrade exeC WINDOWS system ASTSRV EXEC WINDOWS ATKKBService exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exeC Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamservice exeC Program Files Yuna Software Messenger Plus for Skype MsgPlusForSkypeService exeC Program Files Norton Premier Edition Engine ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system NLSSRV EXEc Program Files Common Files Protexis License Service PsiService exeC Program Files QipGuard QipGuard exeC Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exeC Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Skype Toolbars Skype C C Service c c service exeC WINDOWS system slserv exeC Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exeC Program Files Reliance Netconnect - Broadband bin MonServiceUDisk exeC Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exeC WINDOWS system fxssvc exeC Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamgui exeC Program Files Norton Premier Edition Engine ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system bgsmsnd exeC Program Files Yuna Software Messenger Plus PlusService exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM EXEC Program Files MTNL G Mumbai Resource driver MctlSuc exeC Program Files ASUS PC Probe II Probe exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Documents and Settings SmestarZ Local Settings Application Data Akamai netsession win exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Documents and Settings SmestarZ Local Settings Application Data Akamai netsession win exeC Program Files ASUS AASP aaCenter exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC Program Files Outlook Express msimn exeC Program Files Tencent QQIntl Bin QQ exeC Program Files Tencent QQIntl Bin TXPlatform exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS system notepad exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exeC Program Files Skype Phone Skype exeC Program Files Yuna Software Messenger Plus for Skype Messenger Plus for Skype exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exeC WINDOWS system freecell exeC Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE EXCEL EXEC Program Files Microsoft Office Live OfficeLiveSignIn exeC WINDOWS notepad exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger wlcsdk exeC Program Files FlashGet flashget exeC WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroupC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k AkamaiC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google co in uSearch Bar hxxp www plusnetwork com sp ctbar amp q searchTerms amp dp MessengerPlusuSearch Page hxxp www plusnetwork com sp ctbar amp q searchTerms amp dp MessengerPlusuD... Read more

A:Unusual traffic from your computer network from Google

Hello smestarz I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal section of the forum.Around here they call me Gringo and I will be glad to help you with your malware problems.Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic" Button, make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly" - This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.These are the programs I would like you to run next, if you have any problems with these just skip it and run the next one.-Security Check-Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.-AdwCleaner-Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete.Confirm each time with Ok.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the content of that logfile with your next answer.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.--RogueKiller--Download & SAVE to your Desktop RogueKiller for 32bit or Roguekiller for 64bit Quit all programs that you may have started.Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan!For Vista or Windows 7, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"For Windows XP, double-click to start.Wait until Prescan has finished ...Then Click on "Scan" buttonWait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"click on "delete"Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished"Click on "Report" and copy/paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your DesktopExit/Close RogueKiller+Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493012/unusual-traffic-from-your-computer-network-from-google/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi lt bind-html html quot alertDescription quot gt I have set up a MS ATA nbsp production environment with lt bind-html gt Center Gateway HyperV VM receiving traffic via Hyper V Network Mirror source DC VM nbsp - gt dest gateway same Vlan LW Gateways installed on physical domain controllers lt bind-html html quot alertDescription quot gt After upgrading to the Center is reporting lt bind-html gt lt bind-html html quot alertDescription quot gt quot The Gateway nbsp is not receiving mirrored network traffic This might indicate that port mirroring from the Domain Controllers to Gateway nbsp is mis-configured quot nbsp lt bind-html gt The error is related to the Hyper V ATA Gateway receiving mirrored traffic by the nbsp single virtualized DC I have receiving network not traffic. Gateway is mirrored The checked both verification option posted on https docs microsoft com en-us advanced-threat-analytics deploy-use validate-port-mirroring the powershell script reports noise at every attempt while the Network Monitor does not list any KerberosV or LDAP traffic Without the KerberosV or LDAP filter i can see that traffic being forwarded by the mirror source to the gateway just no Kerberos or LDAP traffic Tried to verify by making LDAP nbsp binds The Gateway is not receiving mirrored network traffic. and queries specifically against this DC Simple LDAP Binds to the Lightweight Gateways the other two DCs reports an event immediately I tried removing and re-adding the Monitoring interface as well as a reinstall of the Gateway Any hints on what The Gateway is not receiving mirrored network traffic. could be wrong regards Guenther

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9c586f95-9f4b-4f69-9a61-1fef79a98099/the-gateway-is-not-receiving-mirrored-network-traffic?forum=mata
Relevancy 68.37%

Sup st Time Techyguy org User Long-Time PC Abuser Got my gf a Dell XPS being a long time user of XP It will die a legend I am not Network / Packets Massive of Traffic Amounts fond of quot new advances quot as they can sometimes create more holes than they fill One big reason I Massive Amounts of Network Packets / Traffic am already not a fan of Windows is because while some things have Massive Amounts of Network Packets / Traffic improved other things have gotten worse By far this is the worst problem In XP my Duration online can be - days for example and would barely hit a million or a million and a half of packets for sent and outgoing individually With the Same exact setup in Windows what takes days in XP I experience in about Hour in Windows As of right now there is over million outgoing packets Similar for received and Massive Amounts of Network Packets / Traffic I had just repaired refreshed the settings What gives I have searched online and came up pretty dry on this I am hoping i m not the only one with this issue on the machine Before you suggest it I m not a n b but I could have overlooked somethings I have already ran a Spybot Search amp Destroy Scan and a Windows Security Essentials Scan to no avail I m fairly certain the system is clean By the way it has an Intel BGN Internal Adapter but I have it disabled and am using an Alfa AWUS h b g adapter The router is a Netgear N WNR v It is experiencing very low speeds - and usually a stable mbps I believe this network traffic is causing both the low speeds and random but frequent limited access disconnections Please advise nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

I m having some problems with getting nat to work the way I want on a Cisco There are some servers connected to the at a hosting and all maintenance is done by connecting to the with vpn Nat isn t enabled by default for the local network since the 2801 vpn traffic how nat to for network Cisco disable servers that need direct internet access like webservers have a direct uplink There are a Cisco 2801 how to disable nat for vpn network traffic few servers though that need to access the internet via Cisco 2801 how to disable nat for vpn network traffic the now though That works fine if I enable nat for those specific servers but when I do that the nats all the traffic coming through from those servers including when it s vpn traffic basically breaking all that I can see it already when connecting with vpn and pinging a server that has nat enabled on the router because then the reply has the public ip of the router instead of the server s local network ip which I get when nat is disabled Apparently when nat is enabled it nats ALL traffic originating from the enabled ip s regardless where it s headed Basically what I just want is the not to use nat when it s vpn network traffic I tried all kinds of things to try and stop it from doing that but it seems like it can either nat or not at all and not just to specific networks or excluding specific networks I don t think what I want is a very weird thing so I guess it should be possible in some way Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cisco-2801-how-to-disable-nat-for-vpn-network-traffic.736810/
Relevancy 68.37%

I have a computer on my network I would like to use for media streaming. I would like to block all incoming/outgoing internet traffic and keep all network traffic on this computer local. Is this even possible? Can I also easily restore it if necessary? The computer is running Windows 7.

Relevancy 68.37%

Metapacket analyzes outbound network traffic to flag and block malware Metapacket one of YC s current batch of startups is hoping to get its SaaS on corporates list of essential threat detection software with a technique to stop malware attacks by analyzing outbound network traffic to determine whether it s human or not Rather than by trying to assess where data is being sent to try to ID suspicious outbound connections its technology focuses on trying to determine whether network traffic is really being generated by a human or not And thereby it claims catch and block Metapacket network traffic outbound analyzes malware in the act of relaying pilfered data elsewhere Malware cannot completely mimic human beings behavior and the whole functioning operating system plus browser when it s surfing the web says founder Nir Krakowski who along with his co-founder has a background working for the Shin Bet Israeli state security agency We know how attackers work how they think how they strategize That s when I realized we had to do this in order to catch them where they re going to be is how he explains the thinking behind the startup There s a tactical reason why malware uses web communications and not other things because initially it wants to look as human as possible of the traffic out there is web-based And it wants to hide Metapacket analyzes outbound network traffic itself in plain sight between user interactions But it can t do that completely he adds Trying to ID malware based on where it s sending data can be complicated by hackers looping in legitimate services to mask malicious intent such as the Russian Hammertoss malware uncovered last year which sends data to services such as Twitter and Github Hence Metapacket taking the opposite tack of looking to determine the source What are you going to do are you going to block all of Twitter You can t do this at the website level at the target level argues Krakowski It s almost impossible to do it this way via the target What we re doing is unlike all the other proxy solutions or web-analysis solutions we are not just passively looking at the data but we are modifying it So we are challenging the user and browser to prove that they re human by adding to the traffic To read the full article please follow the link at the top of the page nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/metapacket-analyzes-outbound-network-traffic.62405/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hey all,

I am on a network of around 25 computers and need to be able to track my network traffic, specifically to which machine is using the most bandwidth.

Can anyone tell me how I can do this? From researching what I could on google, it looks like I will need to set up a PC (perhaps just a device) that acts as a gateway, and track it through that?

Any help is appreciated. If I havent clearly illustrated what I want let me know!

A:Need to track network traffic, what software, equp, etc?

Shameless bump. Any help is appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-to-track-network-traffic-what-software-equp-etc.782251/
Relevancy 68.37%

Google has been asking me to enter a Captcha to use search functionality That has now changed to a complete halt "Unusual computer Google traffic your from from network" of google and displaying the message as detailed above DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Administrator at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT AV Symantec Endpoint Protection Disabled Outdated DF - - D- - DC EFD BF SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E "Unusual traffic from your computer network" from Google -DA C ACF SP Symantec Endpoint Protection Disabled Outdated D BEB -B A- E - B -B B FW Symantec Endpoint Protection Disabled BE D -DB F- - "Unusual traffic from your computer network" from Google AD - F E C FC Running Processes C Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system ibmpmsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroupC Windows System WUDFHost exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Program Files x Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC Program Files ThinkVantage Fingerprint Software upeksvr exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Windows system taskhost exeC Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exeC Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Program Files Lenovo Communications Utility CAMMUTE exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Lenovo Communications Utility TPKNRSVC exeC Program Files Lenovo Communications Utility vcamsvc exeC Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exeC Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamservice exeC Program Files Microsoft Office ClientX integratedoffice exeC Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamgui exeC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files LENOVO HOTKEY TPHKSVC exeC Program Files LENOVO HOTKEY MICMUTE exeC Program Files LENOVO HOTKEY TPHKLOAD exeC PROGRA LENOVO HOTKEY tpnumlkd exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Windows System rundll exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Windows system rundll exeC PROGRA Lenovo HOTKEY TPONSCR EXEC PROGRA Lenovo HOTKEY SHTCTKY EXEC Windows System hkcmd exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exeC Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exeC Program Files Lenovo Communications Utility TpKnrres exeC Program Files x Garmin ANT Agent ANT Agent exeC Program Files x DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exeC Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC PROGRAM FILES SYNAPTICS SYNTP SYNTPHELPER EXEC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exeC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNetC Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcsC Program Files Realtek Audio HDA FMAPP exeC Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Administrator Downloads HijackThis exeC Program Files Microsoft Office root office winword exeC Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Windows system SearchProtocolHost exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Windows system w... Read more

A:"Unusual traffic from your computer network" from Google

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/518033 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/518033/unusual-traffic-from-your-computer-network-from-google/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello I have a problem that started somehow month ago or at least then is when i first saw it My laptop seems to stutter and lag during any kind of network traffic to my laptop At first I thought it was just happening when I was watching Youtube vids or downloading torrents but sitting there with nothing running and a simple message through skype will trigger it too First i thought is a Laptop fault but yesterday i digged bigger and i noticed first it was when i used torrent Tried to install other versions and nothing happened Then i realized it was when i have any download traffic Started youtube in p and when i make a bandwidth test everything get slow I get frames in p on a Thinkpad t p with i M GB of RAM and intel SSD I really don't know what to do I installed LatencyMon and i get this PS Please don't come with Update the Audio Drivers or the mouse driver or things like that I did all these things i even installed a very high traffic usually much Lagging when make i network PC fresh copy of Windows Nothing worked It is something that has to do with the Wireless driver as this thing only occurs when high traffic happenes when i download or things like that Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/47134-pc-lagging-very-much-usually-when-i-make-high-network-traffic.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello,

For the past days I am having a problem with my sound card and browsing thru big images or dowloading at a high speed. This creates an interruption while a playing music some sort of buzz interrupted sound. I have the feeling that is has something to do with high network traffic and my sound card because I could reproduce the sound by doing a speed test while playing music.

It happens with any browser tested (IE8, Firefox 3.5.2 and latest google chrome) and player (winamp and windows media player)

Some info that might help solve my problem:

Windows Vista 32 Home Premium
System Name: Aspire M3610
Processor Name: Genuine Intel? CPU 2140 @ 1.60GHz
Videocard Name: ATI Radeon Xpress 1200 Series
Marvell Yukon 88E8056 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver

Thanks in advance for any help.

A:High Network Traffic and Playing Music

Can anybody help me with this problem PLEASE? I can't fix it

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/246528-high-network-traffic-playing-music.html
Relevancy 68.37%

My house mate continues to ignore my instructions to stop continuously downloading torrent files day in, day out and i'm trying to play halo4 and my games keep lagging out so I have been looking for an option in the router preferences(192.168.0.1) to set a maximum data flow allowed to her ip address on our network.

Is this a setting that modem/routers have? Would I need to buy a more expensive/better modem/router or specialty router to do this?

And also, how would I go about finding all the ip addresses currently connected to my network so I can find her ip address out.

I've looked through the user manual and cannot seem to find anything like it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

A:Reserve/Deligate traffic flow to a certain IP on my network

This is a very complicated question to be asking here. In essence, you would need a fairly sophisticated router to be able to do this and most likely need the connection to be hard wired.
Here are some suggestions that may help but may cause hard feelings:
The first thing you should do is to set the DHCP server to give out specific addresses based on MAC address. From there, I would consider imposing a specific time frame for torrent downloads. If your router has the ability to block torrent traffic and the ability to define accepted hours of torrent traffic, I would use these to force torrent traffic to this agreed time frame. Most routers, even home routers should allow you to block torrent traffic or forward this traffic to an unused IP address which amount to the same as blocking.

If you are paying for the Internet access and you housemate does not respect your rules, you can use MAC filtering to block Internet access (I.E. inability to connect to the router) until the housemate agrees to your terms or finds and new place to live.

Best of luck, Jim

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reserve-deligate-traffic-flow-to-a-certain-ip-on-my-network.1078442/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi there I have recently installed a new router to handle my G USB modem data and sometimes more often than not there is a steady flow of traffic and the programs flow...which traffic it causing Network internet light which flickers when there is Ip traffic is flickering constantly I have a little utility called Net Meter and that shows the traffic as constant approx up and similar down Because I have wireless broadband this data is counted both ways and Ican only get Gb so that could get chewed up pretty quickly Does anyone have any ideas what might be Network traffic flow...which programs causing it causing this steady stream of data i have had ADSL before and that does not cause the Net Meter to flicker and record data throughput Is there a program that shows which or what program causes network traffic flow I did get a program called Show Traffic however that only says what address is causing the traffic to flow I need to find what is causing this data flow as it will probably stop me from using the router Please advise Thanks fosss nbsp

A:Network traffic flow...which programs causing it

You can try a program called NetLimiter, it's quite useful. It will show each program and the bandwidth it's using (amongst other things).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-traffic-flow-which-programs-causing-it.733529/
Relevancy 68.37%

I have received a few notes from someone stating they were receiving "spam" under my email being SPOOFED. It happened again, how her computer network has marked my emails as SPAM and refusing even to forward to her! As I was searching, all of a sudden the GOOGLE message redirect with "unusual high volume traffic from your computer" .

I have been targetted by a group and my blog removed 3 times ... restored but these BULLIES are doing everything they can to interrupt, harass, abuse, stalk and torment ... it seems they have upped their game again .

Could you help me determine if I have a virus, logger, or???

thank you

A:Google says "unusual traffic from your Computer Network

Lets try a few scans. Who is your Email provider? ex: google, yahoo, or and ISPYou should change your email account password.Please Download Malwarebytes AKA MBAMUpdate Malwarebytes via the update tab.Run a full scanWhen the scan finnishes please select Remove Selected and make sure all of the boxs are checkedPlease post the resultsThe log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log toinclude the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Please Download SAS (SuperAntiSpyware)Allow it to updateSelect complete scanSelect Scan your Computer...Select your main drive (usually c:\) Uncheck other drivesSelect Start Complete Scan>Post the resultsPlease Download Tdsskiller Run TDSSKiller.exe Click on Change Parameters Put a check in the box of Detect TDLFS file system Start scan When it is finished the utility outputs a list of detected objects with descriptions: The utility automatically selects an action (Cure or Delete) for malicious objects and asks you what to do with suspicious objects (Skip, by default) Just stick with the default options and click Continue If it wants to reboot please allow it to do so and let me know Click on Report and post the contents of the text file that will open By default, the utility outputs the log into system disk (it is usually the disk where the operating system is installed, C:\) root folder. The Log will have a name like: TDSSKiller.Version_Date_Time_log.txt.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/472418/google-says-unusual-traffic-from-your-computer-network/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello For the last week or so my network traffic has seemed to be related to some pretty sever spikes in my CPU usage These spikes are causing extreme stuttering in my music playback freezing of my cursor and other symptoms of a really laggy computer This pretty much occurs whenever Causing Usage CPU Network High Traffic I use the internet in any way The worst spikes are when I'm loading webpages in Google Chrome and seeding on Network Traffic Causing High CPU Usage uTorrent often freezing my cursor and music for several seconds at a time though they're not limited to those two softwares More recently it seems that when I am loading pages in a browser it's spiking CPU usage in bother the browser and even more so in the System process It's becoming a real issue to Network Traffic Causing High CPU Usage use my computer If anyone has any ideas on what I can do to troubleshoot this or solve this problem I'd really appreciate it Thank you On a side note I've noticed that the displayed memory usage in the task manager GB is way more than what all the processes appear to add up to usually by more than GB Any idea why this is

A:Network Traffic Causing High CPU Usage

What antivirus, or security software (Firewall, etc) are you running?
Do the spikes continue if you uninstall all security software?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/113502-network-traffic-causing-high-cpu-usage.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I'm resurrecting an old thread regarding monitoring traffic.It's from 2006. I suspect there is some more recent.

http://forums.techguy.org/networking/496409-need-simple-way-monitor-network.html

Looking for any "Newer" recommendations on monitoring networks. (Free would be good)

My set-up is a (Small network for home use and small computer repair biz)
2Wire(Bell) - 4 port modem/router with wireless -> Switch -> Hub(s) workshop -> to computers (wired and Wireless)

Any direction apprecaited.

A:Need a simple way to monitor network traffic and computers

Nagios

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-a-simple-way-to-monitor-network-traffic-and-computers.978601/