Windows Support Forum

Acer 5750 (Broadcom wireless) dropping

Q: Acer 5750 (Broadcom wireless) dropping

Hello all I've had this problem on and off for almost a year My Acer laptop will randomly drop the connection to my router modem Often I will be wireless) dropping (Broadcom Acer 5750 browsing on Firefox or another browser when suddenly the page requested will crawl along and a quot page cannot be displayed quot will occur Often if I wait a few minutes shut down the browser or laptop reboot and it's good to go again The odd part is Windows will not always show a bad connection on the wireless icon on the toolbar Sometimes there will be the yellow connection issue but often the connection shows as working fine I have tried many times with a clean install of Windows Home bit clean and up to date drivers from Acer I updated the BIOS a few days ago but the problem remains Acer 5750 (Broadcom wireless) dropping It is not a major problem but it occurs at least a few times a day I also tried putting linux on the hard drive for a few days no dropped connections but then again it was not tested very much The driver used is Broadcom The actually modem router setup seems to be fine as I never get dropped connections on my Android tablet and devices The wife never complains of problems on her Samsung laptop Acer 5750 (Broadcom wireless) dropping which is running Windows Stater her Android tablets are good too I am Acer 5750 (Broadcom wireless) dropping not entirely convinced running Linux resolved the issue as I never fully tested it Possible network adapter dying Would love some suggestions thank you

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Acer 5750 (Broadcom wireless) dropping

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Acer 5750 (Broadcom wireless) dropping

This type of wireless disconnect problem can be caused by a million different things but the most likely problem is the power saving feature being turned on.

You can turn this off by going into Device Manger and opening up Network Adaptors, right click the wireless adaptor you are using then click on Properties, you will have the option to turn off power saving in the power management tab.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/320843-acer-5750-broadcom-wireless-dropping.html
Relevancy 83.85%

i have eliminated the problem being the modem or router.
so it is either the broadcom, or windows 10, or both.   any clues here?    
it is happening every 2 minutes, and can be fixed with the windows "troubleshooter" which gives a message that it is resetting the wi fi card.   and something about 'no DNS' problem.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984948
Relevancy 80.84%

I have an Acer Aspire Recently wireless connection has been spotty on my computer Phone and other laptops in household work normal using our Wifi On my Acer there is the F button that you re supposed to turn Acer / Aspire wireless Can't 5750 adapter network on press with the Function button to enable disable wireless Unfortunately that Can't turn on wireless network adapter / Acer Aspire 5750 key and other keys on one side of the laptop are broken So I use a wireless keyboard that doesn t have that F wireless button Problem is I can t turn quot on quot the wireless function on my computer There is no small switch on the external body of the laptop Every time I tried to connect to my Wifi I get a notice that it couldn t connect and to reset my network adapter The network adapter Intel Centrino Advanced N is enabled when I check the Device Manager Says it s working normal Without pressing the F button function I can t find get to that screen to enable the Wifi Any help would be awesome Thanks so much nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%

Hello, I am having many problems with the Broadcom Wireless adapter that came with my acer. Around every hour it disconnects from my wireless router, and I know the router is working fine. I have to disable and reenable the wireless adapter in my lappy to get it to reconnect to the router, and after another hour it does it once again. Along with that, every so often, it doesnt send or recieve packets very fast, its like its working in extra-slow mode.... Ive downloaded the latest drivers for the adapter from the Acer webpage, and they dont seem to help.... Is there any fix for this problem? Another thing, is this a widespread problem with Broadcom Adapter?

Thank you,
Rekar

Relevancy 75.25%

We have an Acer Aspire 5315 running a Broadcom 590x 10/100 Wireless card.
The card was working wirelessly & with a direct connection.

We upgraded the Hard Drive and the system now has Windows Vista on it. The computer will connect to the network via cable but it will no longer connect wirelessly.

All help is appreciated.

Relevancy 74.39%

Hope you can help, i have a acer aspire w920g with windows vista home premium. I can stay on the internet for so long and then it will drop off at odd times, it does it up to every minute. I have upgraded the intel wifi drivers and still no luck! The wireless router is working fine since we have a few computers in the house and the other computers are working fine. Any help on this problem would be brilliant. The wireless router is a draytek vigor 2800g.
Thanks in advance,
cartera

A:acer 4920g wireless problem! wireless 'dropping off'

In you wireless router is there a setting for MAC address and also you should be able to monitor the wireless for packet drops. Also what are the other PCs running in your place XP Pro, XP Home or all Vista Home? You also might have some dead spots in the house for wireless connections too. You might have to get wireless access point or a wireless repeater to help maintain your wireless connection in your place.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-4920g-wireless-problem-wireless-dropping-off.85839/
Relevancy 70.09%

I have been struggling with my both dell machines. Both have Broadcom cards. These cards have similar problems with my router for the past few days. what wireless cards do you have?

A:broadcom 1390, broadcom 1370 dell wireless

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Note: You will need to post complete details of your configuration and your specific issue in this new thread for us to help you.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/broadcom-1390-broadcom-1370-dell-wireless.617789/
Relevancy 67.94%

My adapter randomly drops connection or speed It will be then mps I sent it in for service and they replaced a missing driver but the problem persists I called support and they kept saying it was either my cable of wifi router I have a new high speed cable modem and a new linksys ac router All of the other devices in the house work fine My notebook is approx ft from the wireless router and I have to continually reset the adapter I have uninstalled drivers adapter unchecked the shut off power for the adapter etc and have reset router wifi and done all of the sugestions the community has listed I have read that this is a common Adapter M.2 802.11 bgn Broadcom BCM43142 dropping Wi-Fi spee... problem with this adapter and wonder if there is any fix for this problem The support guy was rather rude Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi M.2 Adapter dropping spee... when I sugested that the adapter is bad I was told I can't replace the adapter with another kind due to the bios All of the drivers and windows is updated Any ideas

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Broadcom-BCM43142-802-11-bgn-Wi-Fi-M-2-Adapter-dropping/td-p/5618451
Relevancy 64.93%

I've checked out Acer 124 BCCODE on 5750 Aspire the forums fairly throughly but I still am not having any luck nbsp Right now I'm installing the WDK so I can decipher the minidmp so I'll add that shortly nbsp I'm running a Aspire nbsp Windows -bit Intel i M gb Dual Channel DDR Mhz - - - ACER JE HR mobo WD hard drive nbsp I bought it second hand - I'm experienced enough that pulling parts and testing things doesn't bother me but this has me stumped nbsp BCCODE 124 on Acer Aspire 5750 When ever I stream video and less often download software it crashes with a BSOD which generally means heat overclocking instability or damaged hardware nbsp The fan wasn't working right - so I thought easy fix - replace the fan clean everything up and redo the thermal paste nbsp Still happened nbsp So now it gets more problematic nbsp Stress tested the GPU with FurMark - mins - no crashes Stress tested the CPU with Prime - mins - no crashes no errors no warnings Temperature never goes above 'Disabled' Turbo by setting the power for the processor to less than nbsp Still happens Chkdsk this is a fresh Windows install with nothing more than Chrome and some windows updates added - hard disk comes back clean instantly I'll be replacing this in the future anyway with a TB M T Samsung Memory test - had an gig sodimm in it to begin with nbsp It was not and only one nbsp This tested out with an error in the first pass nbsp I thought AH HAH got you nbsp So I replaced it with the exact memory this beast calls for Two sodimms - gig each nbsp So that everything is optimal nbsp Did a memtest - all is good nbsp Nope still crashes nbsp So do I try to replace the HD nbsp Or give up and replace the mobo nbsp Or wait til the WDK downloads which caused me to crash a few minutes ago nbsp The fact that it crashes when I'm downloading or streaming makes me think it's the harddrive in spite of it testing clean nbsp Right now I'm unemployed so the unhelpful suggestion of buying a new laptop as the parts I'd need are way less than a new laptop would be isn't needed nbsp

A:BCCODE 124 on Acer Aspire 5750

Update: I think it may be the HD. Was running the extended test through WD diagnostic and after 41 mins it crashed with that BSOD.  Near the end of the diagnostic.  Hmmm... Appears a new HD is in order.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/BCCODE-124-on-Acer-Aspire-5750/td-p/424256/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello Sorry I am no expert at computing but I ll do my best If I am wrong at anything please correct me I have a Acer Aspire laptop Launch (Acer Manager Dritek 5750) running Windows OS Lately Dritek Launch Manager (Acer 5750) I have noticed that when I use the Fn keys on my PC it performs a function but it doesn t show any icon on the screen and more importantly doesn t show the Launch Manager when I press Fn F not enabling me to turn my bluetooth on or off Also sometimes the drivers for most of my network adapters according to Device Manager Dritek Launch Manager (Acer 5750) I have a code error This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device Code Once I couldn t connect to the wifi but when I reset my Launch Manager driver using Acer eRecovery Management The wifi could connect Now I can connect to the wifi but I would very much like to use launch manager to turn my bluetooth off Any help would be much appreciated and please keep it simple for noobs like me nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dritek-launch-manager-acer-5750.1074808/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello Admin. I bought Acer Aspire 5750, After month, i found No Diplay but the unit power on.  I have some Asking you how to Flash the Bios of Laptop Aspire 5750. Many times i try to do Flash the Bios of Aspire 5750. Problem is No display but Power is ok. the Led Power and also USB Port also ok. Please kindly Help me.Here is the Example: I try to Flash for other ways LikePower Button+FN Key+Esc. But cant flash the bios? When i try to find from our furom, i cant found the solution. Please help mr the procedure how to solve it. Thank you!!!

A:Acer Aspire 5750 No Display But Led Power is Ok

I very much doubt it's a Bios problem.This may or may not work.Remove the power cord and battery, hold the power button down for 60 seconds. Plug in and try.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-5750-No-Display-But-Led-Power-is-Ok/td-p/428521
Relevancy 64.5%

I put my laptop on sleep mode last night in error - I usually use Hibernate.When I cam eto turn it on this morning then nothing happens.The blue power light is on but the screen is black.I have tried switching off and on again but nothing happens. Also removing the battery.Help?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-5750-not-coming-out-of-sleep/td-p/451839
Relevancy 64.5%

I cannot see it on the list and most models seem to have a prefix which mine does not.  Has anyone upgraded to windows 10 on this model successfully?

A:I have an acer aspire 5750 is it windows 10 compat...

What does the Windows 10 upgrade icon say? If it says you are good to go, make sure you have all updates installed then go for it. It won't be on the Acer list unless it needs new drivers that aren't already ready.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/I-have-an-acer-aspire-5750-is-it-windows-10-compatible/td-p/379729/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 64.5%

I only know my laptop can play blue-ray disc movies, but that's it. I don't wanna buy foreign made DVD's just to find out they won't work because my laptop can't play DVD's made of a different system. If someone could help me with this that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.  :-)

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Is-my-Acer-Aspire-5750-s-DVD-player-PAL-NTSC-TV-system/td-p/462993
Relevancy 64.5%

I cannot see it on the list and most models seem to have a prefix which mine does not.  Has anyone upgraded to windows 10 on this model successfully?

A:I have an acer aspire 5750 is it windows 10 compat...

What does the Windows 10 upgrade icon say? If it says you are good to go, make sure you have all updates installed then go for it. It won't be on the Acer list unless it needs new drivers that aren't already ready.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/I-have-an-acer-aspire-5750-is-it-windows-10-compatible/td-p/379729
Relevancy 64.5%

First hello all, now i bought a computer Acer aspire 5750. There isn?t one driver and I on?t know wich driver to install? Can somebody send my a link with right driver please?

A:acer 5750 nvidia driver problem.

If it really nvidia NVIDIA Driver Downloads - Automatically Detect NVIDIA Products

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/248226-acer-5750-nvidia-driver-problem.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello Admin. I bought Acer Aspire 5750, After month, i found No Diplay but the unit power on.  I have some Asking you how to Flash the Bios of Laptop Aspire 5750. Many times i try to do Flash the Bios of Aspire 5750. Problem is No display but Power is ok. the Led Power and also USB Port also ok. Please kindly Help me.Here is the Example: I try to Flash for other ways LikePower Button+FN Key+Esc. But cant flash the bios? When i try to find from our furom, i cant found the solution. Please help mr the procedure how to solve it. Thank you!!!

A:Acer Aspire 5750 No Display But Led Power is Ok

I very much doubt it's a Bios problem.This may or may not work.Remove the power cord and battery, hold the power button down for 60 seconds. Plug in and try.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-5750-No-Display-But-Led-Power-is-Ok/td-p/428521/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 63.64%

My laptop won't boot after I changed the video configuration settings in the bios. Any time I turn on the laptop it just makes a clicking noise & switches itself back off so I cannot change the settings back.
I have tried to reset the cmos battery but I have been unable to remove the keyboard to get to it.
is there a way I can get my laptop working again?

A:Acer Aspire 5750 Won't Boot After Changes in Bios Settings

With your receipt, take laptop to any busines-oriented computer store [for example I've used Altex in AustinTX], let them fix the problem for you. Once, they've fixed your laptop, make changes in video configurations in Windows OS, after making external media backups of your OS partition.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/376548-acer-aspire-5750-wont-boot-after-changes-bios-settings.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I am unable to use the scroll on my pad, this is really annoying as i have to use the slide bar at the side of each window.
Can anyone please help, i'm a bit of a novice with computers too.

A:Acer Aspire 5750 Scroll probem with smartpad

Nearly 300 views and no ideas from anyone? Do i need some more info in here or something?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/219806-acer-aspire-5750-scroll-probem-smartpad.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi,

Could anyone show me the steps of changing cpu processor in Acer Aspire 5750-6493?

Thanks,
jd

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi folks
I've got an Aspire 5750 laptop and am having network problems.
My network is a Workgroup, all machines running flavours of Win7.
FROM the Aspire I can log into the other comps and access the disks on them.
TO the Aspire: in explorer on another machine I can see the symbol and name (ACER-I5) of the Aspire but cannot connect to it.
Network diagnostics states:
------------------------------------
Problems found
Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the
device or recsource (ACER-I5) is not responding.
------------------------------------
Any suggestion as to what to look for to solve this would be most welcome as I am somewhat of a network novice.
Regards
Bob

A:Problems with Acer Aspire 5750 network connection

Try removing the Microsoft Virtual Mini Wi-fi Adapter.

As far as I'm aware, it's something Microsoft has introduced for connecting to a wireless hotspot so if you've no need for it just delete it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/217626-problems-acer-aspire-5750-network-connection.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi everyone

My laptop Acer aspire 5750 shuts down after few seconds at power on. I have checked the ram, hd, battery, power pack on a similar brand laptop and are all working good.

I removed the fan and heat sinks, cleaned them plus the inside cover. After all this I had every thing back together powered on machine and found fault still persists.

At the moment right now I think I have a faulty mother board caused by a short.

I need assistance if anyone can help me get around fixing this fault.

Thank you

A:Acer Aspire 5750 Shuts down after few seconds of powering up.

If you think it's caused by a short, you'd have to remove the board from the shell, lay it on cardboard, and try and power it up that way.

If everything is secured in place, I'd lean towards motherboard failure as well.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/acer-aspire-5750-shuts-down-after-few-seconds-powering-up-276769/
Relevancy 63.64%

My personal laptop has shut down several times after the power button was pressed. In some cases it powers and and boots up to the windows screen or sometimes halfway to the windows screen and shuts down.

I checked with a similar model laptop and confirmed ram, hd, battery, power pack are all working good.

I stripped laptop and cleaned cooling fan, inside cover and heat sink. I even removed the dvd drive and cpu.

After putting back every thing and retested my the fault still persists.

I am suspecting I may have a faulty mb may be caused by a short somewhere.

I really need assistance here to work around this fault to get the machine working properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5750-shutting-down-after-few-seconds-after-power.1163327/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have an Acer Aspire 5750 laptop that I recently updated to windows 10. Since then I have had two independent intermittent problems that happens multiple times a day. The first one is I loose the batter icon and have found the only way to restore it is to re scan for new hardware in the device manager. I have to do this every time it happens multiple times a day. The other is for some reason my wifi drops out. For some reason it is still on and can see my wireless network but won?t connect to it unless I restart the entire laptop. This is really making me hate windows 10. Any help would be great ThanksT

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Apire-5750-windows-10-wifi-and-battery-issues/td-p/448583
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello I know nothing about problem name: BlueScreen Acer - 5750 [SOLVED] Aspire event the actual software or hardware of my laptop [SOLVED] Acer Aspire 5750 - problem event name: BlueScreen I just know how to go to different sites Lately my laptop keeps randomly cutting to a blue screen with white text usually occurs without warning but the laptop will restart itself and everything will return to running normally until the next appearance of the blue screen The laptop is just over years old and came installed with Windows OS - Windows x -bit or x I'm don't know what that means The online specs say that it was a -bit What was original installed OS on system I think it was I'm so sorry I was given to laptop as a gift Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer It was pre-installed Age of system hardware - years Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS No CPU - What does this mean Video Card - What does this mean MotherBoard - What does this mean Power Supply - -cell Lithium-ion battery System Manufacturer - Acer Inc Exact model number - Aspire - G Mnkk S N LXR B SNID I don't know what the last two were but I included them in case they were helpful

A:[SOLVED] Acer Aspire 5750 - problem event name: BlueScreen

Hi,

All of the attached DMP files are of the IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE (4a) bugcheck.

This indicates that a thread is returning to user mode from a system call when its IRQL is still above PASSIVE_LEVEL.

This is most likely being caused by a problematic and or buggy device driver, so let's go ahead and enable Driver Verifier to get further information:

Driver Verifier:

What is Driver Verifier?

Driver Verifier is included in Windows 8, 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003 to promote stability and reliability; you can use this tool to troubleshoot driver issues. Windows kernel-mode components can cause system corruption or system failures as a result of an improperly written driver, such as an earlier version of a Windows Driver Model (WDM) driver.

Essentially, if there's a 3rd party driver believed to be at issue, enabling Driver Verifier will help flush out the rogue driver if it detects a violation.

Before enabling Driver Verifier, it is recommended to create a System Restore Point:

Vista - START | type rstrui - create a restore point
Windows 7 - START | type create | select "Create a Restore Point"
Windows 8 - Restore Point - Create in Windows 8

How to enable Driver Verifier:

Start > type "verifier" without the quotes > Select the following options -

1. Select - "Create custom settings (for code developers)"
2. Select - "Select individual settings from a full list"
3. Check the following boxes -
- Special Pool
- Pool Tracking
- Force IRQL Checking
- Deadlock Detection
- Security Checks (Windows 7 & 8)
- DDI compliance checking (Windows 8)
- Miscellaneous Checks
4. Select - "Select driver names from a list"
5. Click on the "Provider" tab. This will sort all of the drivers by the provider.
6. Check EVERY box that is NOT provided by Microsoft / Microsoft Corporation.
7. Click on Finish.
8. Restart.

Important information regarding Driver Verifier:

- If Driver Verifier finds a violation, the system will BSOD.

- After enabling Driver Verifier and restarting the system, depending on the culprit, if for example the driver is on start-up, you may not be able to get back into normal Windows because Driver Verifier will flag it, and as stated above, that will cause / force a BSOD.

If this happens, do not panic, do the following:

- Boot into Safe Mode by repeatedly tapping the F8 key during boot-up.

- Once in Safe Mode - Start > type "system restore" without the quotes.

- Choose the restore point you created earlier.
If you did not set up a restore point, do not worry, you can still disable Driver Verifier to get back into normal Windows:

- Start > Search > type "cmd" without the quotes.

- To turn off Driver Verifier, type in cmd "verifier /reset" without the quotes.
・ Restart and boot into normal Windows.

How long should I keep Driver Verifier enabled for?

It varies, many experts and analysts have different recommendations. Personally, I recommend keeping it enabled for at least 24 hours. If you don't BSOD by then, disable Driver Verifier.

My system BSOD'd, where can I find the crash dumps?

They will be located in %systemroot%\Minidump

Any other questions can most likely be answered by this article:
Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-acer-aspire-5750-problem-event-name-bluescreen-720201.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi Folks, Since purchase of my this laptop been having problems with wifi network adapter droping off and needing to troubleshoot windows which resets this adapter. OS win 8.1 but have recently upgraded to win 10 looking to update drivers. Have run check with been advised driver out of date and should be updated to Broadcom ver. 6.34.223.5. Can anyone confirm if this version suitable and will resolve problem with losing wifi internet connection every so offen. Thks

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-E1-571-Broadcom-Driver-Wifi-Problem/td-p/447210
Relevancy 59.77%

I have an Acer Travelmate (TM4750, SNID: ****) with Windows 7 and the exclaimation that I have is "Broadcom xD Picture Bus Driver. When I attempt to update it, it is suppose to be up to date. Any advice?
Thanks and you all stay safe!

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, serial numbers, etc.]

A:Acer Travelmate - problem with Broadcom xD Picture...

Did you install the driver manaully? http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/how-to-install-hardware-or-device-drivers-manually-in-wind...Uninstall and reinstall manually.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/Acer-Travelmate-problem-with-Broadcom-xD-Picture-Bus-Driver/td-p/389194/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 59.77%

I have an Acer Travelmate (TM4750, SNID: ****) with Windows 7 and the exclaimation that I have is "Broadcom xD Picture Bus Driver. When I attempt to update it, it is suppose to be up to date. Any advice?
Thanks and you all stay safe!

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, serial numbers, etc.]

A:Acer Travelmate - problem with Broadcom xD Picture...

Did you install the driver manaully? http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/how-to-install-hardware-or-device-drivers-manually-in-wind...Uninstall and reinstall manually.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/Acer-Travelmate-problem-with-Broadcom-xD-Picture-Bus-Driver/td-p/389194
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello I have WLAN problems in my Acer laptop I can view all the available networks and it shows it is connected but i am not able to connect to internet my ipconfig all results Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Acer,windows problems sp3, 802.11g,WLAN xp Solved: broadcom Corp C Documents and Settings VASIKARAN gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name house Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethern et Physical Address - E- - E-D - F Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe e ff fe Solved: Acer,windows xp sp3, broadcom 802.11g,WLAN problems e d f Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom g Network Solved: Acer,windows xp sp3, broadcom 802.11g,WLAN problems Adapter Physical Address - F- A- - -D Dhcp Solved: Acer,windows xp sp3, broadcom 802.11g,WLAN problems Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe ffff ffff fffd Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address C -A - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address A -FE- - A Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled --------------------------------------------- could anyone help on this please Thanks in advance Regards Vasikaran nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi, I've tried upgrading to Windows 10 Home from Windows 7 Home but once Win10 is running I have no possibility to access the internet. Both LAN and wi-fi are Broadcom on my laptop and there is no Broadcom driver available for Windows 10. I had to go back to Win7. I checked the Acer website but Broadcom drivers for 5750G for Windows 10 are not availablke (i.e. not in the list of downloadable drivers). What can I do? Will these drivers be available soon?Please let me know what to do.Thanks in advance.

A:acer 5750g broadcom wifi-lan driver for windows 10

Have a simular problem with TM 5730 and 7730. Broadcon Netxtreme network connection, Intel 5100 Wifi and Jmicron memorycard fail, all connected to the PCI bus. Looks like an old problem with the intel chipset driver reappearing. (In windows 7 this updated driver had to be installed to connect the memorycard reader to the system). Tried the windows 7 driver, but it refuses to install. In my opinion, it is Acers obligation to its customers to have intel provide an updated driver which solves the problem with the intel 4 series express chipset, which is installed in many Travelmate, Aspire and Extensa machines. Please note that broadcom has an updated driver for the Netxtreme connection, but due to the intel flaw with the intel 4 series express chipset, the driver does not work.Acers position "Intel does not support this driver anymore and we will not come with a solution" is in myn opinion unacceptable. In practice it comes to this: You payed your mony, now you have a problem, you are on your own.I am also looking at drivers published by other manufacturers to see if they have a fix for this problem. They might have a usergroups with more leverage.Will keep you guys informed.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/acer-5750g-broadcom-wifi-lan-driver-for-windows-10/td-p/381734/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 58.91%

Alrighty well I have searched around for Broadcom's site and here a little bit Those results from here seem to pull up the same version driver as I currently have installed Also the Broadcom how-to's on Aspire Broadcom Acer 5560-sb635 Driver and... 802.11n finding drivers are very confusing and based on that Acer Aspire 5560-sb635 Broadcom 802.11n Driver and... it shows I have a card that doesn't seem right Acer Aspire 5560-sb635 Broadcom 802.11n Driver and... one that has bluetooth and much more If I do have all that it'd be awesome to be able to use nbsp As a last resort which I HATE doing as a rule of thumb used DriverBooster which when I use theirs it seems to cause more connectivity issues so I keep rolling back to the previous version I feel it is highly unlikely to NOT have a driver update on this hardware since however I am not able to seem to find one using Broadcom's site that is straight forward nor find one that doesn't seem to create issues in speed nbsp So is there a new driver for this card PCI VEN E amp DEV amp SUBSYS E B amp REV I know on Broadcom's site that the DEV means it would be BCM and the service option shows BCM XX I am just seeming to find it difficult to find BCM via their site nbsp Lots of Broadcom BCM but nothing under nor xx I am not sure that just ANY xx driver will work nbsp I find this nbsp https www broadcom com products wireless-connectivity wireless-lan bcm nbsp And that's about it

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-5560-sb635-Broadcom-802-11n-Driver-and-Settings/td-p/448869
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello I m hoping for a bit of help and advice on this issue before I go taking anything apart or delving into the insides of my laptop or taking it to a repair shop When I turn the laptop on I get the Acer screen and then the top left quarter of the screen goes black and the whole thing freezes see the attachment However when I plug the laptop into my TV screen via HDMI it s absolutely freezing) Acer freezing Aspire (and screen 5750 not fine and starts up no problem Even when I take the cable out once it has started up it works Acer Aspire 5750 screen freezing (and not freezing) fine on just the laptop screen but it s something about the start-up that makes it freeze I also shut it down unplugged the HDMI and started it up again on just the laptop and it worked fine again so really confused about what is going on Has Acer Aspire 5750 screen freezing (and not freezing) anyone come across something like this before I ve attached my computer specs below too Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5750-screen-freezing-and-not-freezing.1168938/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have an acer aspire 5000 laptop which has had a new OS installed. XP PRO was the system installed. The oem disk was never made for this laptop so the XP installation is that of a different install disk. All the drivers where installed from Acer America. All seemed good to go except I am not able to bring up the Broadcom utility from all programs/broadcom utility/open, nothing happens. I have gone into add/remove and all the programs show up, from the modem, broadcom utility Yadda, Yadda, Yadda. The activate button on the front of the laptop has been turned on. It seems as though something is missing just not sure what. I have used Dr Hardware, Everest and SIW for information on what is installed on the laptop, all seems good to go, but believe me it's not. I am diffenitly needing help. Thanks from Donk for any help that may be given.

Relevancy 55.9%

I have a broadcom airforce 802.11g network adapter that has suddenly started resetting its own WEP. It is in a gateway laptop with AMD turion using windows XP and internet explorer 7. Until a week ago there was no problem. I have scanned for viruses and found none.

I have tried uninstalling the adapter, connecting with it or with windows, setting the WEP with the advanced windows menu but when I try to go online it changes back to an eight digit WEP that I cannot see.

I have several other computers on the network including another laptop and all have no problems.

Any ideas would be appreciated

A:Broadcom wireless WEP unstable

... it changes back to an eight digit WEP that I cannot see.Click to expand...

If you can't see it how do you know it's WEP and how many digits it is?

I assume you mean that it defaults to showing some set number of asterisks. Correct?

If the real problem is that you used to be able to connect but now can't, disable encryption on the router and try to connect. Assuming success re-enable encryption and reconnect. If unsuccessful with either connection attempt ...

(From a JohnWill post)

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2 or SP3.

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/broadcom-wireless-wep-unstable.811444/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi, I reinstalled my windows XP and now I have no icon on the system tray and no way to connect to my wireless . I have the driver for Broadcom BCM4318 802.11b/g Wireless Network Adapter installed I think properly, and I tried to install the Broadcom Wireless Utility, but when I run it it doesn't do anything. Help please!
thank you,
Diana

A:Broadcom wireless not working

What the make/model of the PC? If this is a custom build then post the specs.

Look in Device Manager to see what Drivers not installed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/broadcom-wireless-not-working-431913.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello everyone draft Broadcom N wireless I have one hp tx us and a sony vaio laptops They both have the wirelss draft n card but the hp has one from Broadcom My problem is that the hp after being on for about two or three hours the internet connection starts becoming slow very slow I go to speakeasy and run some connection tests and the results vary from k to k my printer Broadcom wireless draft N icon lan printer starts to disconnect and connect back also The problem is I have a cable modem running at mpbs I go to speakeasy again but on the sony and my full connection speed is there along with my desktop pc via ethernet After googling I have discovered that the broadcom draft n cards are no good Now is there a possibility of swapping out the card with something else out there Or is there something that can be done to fix it Also after a reboot the connection is back to normal and at full speed the printer icon is also consistent Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/broadcom-wireless-draft-n.718935/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello,

I am a student at a University which requires the use of a VPN client to access the internet. When I turn on my internal wireless adapter (Broadcom) it shows excellent connectivity. I also have no problem connecting to the VPN. But when I try to connect to the internet it fails.

I have an external wireless adapter that I use at home and I plugged this one into my laptop and it worked fine. I could always use this but I figure the internal should work so I 'm looking for help.

I have taken the computer to the campus IT people but they were unable to help saying it would connect when it wanted to.

Thanks.

A:VPN/Broadcom Wireless Issues

Make sure your VPN client it not configured to use the default gateway on the remote computer

1. Go to the properties for your VPN connection
2. Click on the Networking tab
3. Double click on TCP/IP
4. Click on the Advanced button
5. Uncheck "Use default gateway on remote computer"

http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networking/xp_vpn.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vpn-broadcom-wireless-issues.556539/
Relevancy 55.9%

Help In device manager Broadcom is enable but in adapter settings it is disable If enable it says enabling then enabled but still disabled My wireless switch at the side is turned on also in function key f I try to troubleshoot using windows and it says there might be a problem with the driver of the wireless connection adapter The driver I installed is working the first time I installed it I even try reinstalling it This last three days my brother and sister use this computer They said that we can't connect to the internet We are using Globe broadband When I got here I still can see wireless connection but can't connect with mobile broadband connection I reinstall the driver for mobile broadband then the wireless connection dissappear I try uninstalling Broadcom 802.11 Connection Wireless the Wireless Connection Broadcom 802.11 driver for mobile broadband and reinstalling the driver for wireless connection but nothing happened nbsp wc png nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp Device Manager png nbsp nbsp KB nbsp Wireless Connection Broadcom 802.11 nbsp downloads

A:Wireless Connection Broadcom 802.11

Hi,

Would I be right in thinking from your reference to the wireless switch and to Fn+F5 that you are using a laptop and the Broadcom wi-fi unit is built into it ? If this is the case, these can fail in ways to have you pulling your hair out and not show up in Device Manager. A simple solution would be to beg, borrow or steal a USB type wireless dongle - and possibly its driver software, depending on your operating system - plug it in and see if you get a wireless connection with that. If you do, then probably the on-board wi-fi unit has failed and by far the cheapest solution is to go and buy a USB type dongle.

By the way, looking at your device driver screenshot, are you aware that there is a possible problem with your DVD drive, it has a '!' symbol over it ?

Regards,

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/487504/wireless-connection-broadcom-80211/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi there,
Not sure if I've got the right forum so sorry if I've put it in the wrong place, but here goes:

I'm running a brand new Lenovo B570 with Windows 7 Home Premium x64 and a Broadcom 802.11n wireless network adaptor.

Earlier today I was managing to connect to the internet wirelessly, though the connection kept dropping out. Then I could connect to the wireless router, but not through the internet, and now I can't connect wirelessly at all. With an ethernet cable internet access is fine, and another computer in the house connects fine to the wireless too, so it follows that the problem's with this machine.

The computer recognises that the networks are there, but it can't connect.

Any help would be appreciated, I've been at this all day.

A:Lenovo Broadcom wireless problems.

Quote: Originally Posted by orderfromcha0s

Hi there,
Not sure if I've got the right forum so sorry if I've put it in the wrong place, but here goes:

I'm running a brand new Lenovo B570 with Windows 7 Home Premium x64 and a Broadcom 802.11n wireless network adaptor.

Earlier today I was managing to connect to the internet wirelessly, though the connection kept dropping out. Then I could connect to the wireless router, but not through the internet, and now I can't connect wirelessly at all. With an ethernet cable internet access is fine, and another computer in the house connects fine to the wireless too, so it follows that the problem's with this machine.

The computer recognises that the networks are there, but it can't connect.

Any help would be appreciated, I've been at this all day.

Hi orderfromchaOs, welcome to the forums , Have you got the correct drivers installed ? Visit the Broadcom site and download the correct drivers if needed Broadcom.com - 802.11 Wireless LAN Solutions

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/175444-lenovo-broadcom-wireless-problems.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I get this error notification when starting windows but I can still use the wifi adapter Since updating windows 10 "Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3124263)" cheers

A:Aspire R7 Broadcom Wireless LAN is incompatibile w...

can you post the complete laptop model? R7-xxx maybe you can fix it updating Broadcom drivers.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Aspire-R7-Broadcom-Wireless-LAN-is-incompatibile-with-the/td-p/408212/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello After an upgrade to Windows -bit from Windows on my ProBook G Series laptop I have been experiencing random bluescreens related to the bcmwl a sys driver nbsp This only occurs when it is utilizing the wireless connection and does not occur if connected via an ethernet cable I have tried the latest driver from the HP site and the latest driver nbsp from the Microsoft Update It is less ProBook G1 Broadcom Wireless... 645 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA frequent with the latest ProBook 645 G1 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA Broadcom Wireless... update but still happens nbsp nbsp I have captured the latest dump here and pasted below nbsp I really don't want to always run my laptop on a wired connection so does anyone have any ideas nbsp Thanks Nathan nbsp ----------- WinDbg Dump ----------------------Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Windows Minidump - - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol Path validation summary Response nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Time ms nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp LocationDeferred nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp SRV D Symbols C WINDOWS Symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbolsSymbol search path is SRV D Symbols C WINDOWS Symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbolsExecutable search path is No natvis files found at C Program Files x Windows Kits Debuggers x Visualizers Windows Kernel Version MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTSBuilt by amd fre th - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff PsLoadedModuleList xfffff Debug session time Mon Nov nbsp UTC - System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User SymbolsERROR FindPlugIns bERROR Some plugins may not be available b nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Bugcheck Analysis nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck fffff fb a WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for bcmwl a sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bcmwl a sysCould not read faulting driver nameProbably caused by bcmwl a sys bcmwl a dd cf Followup nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp MachineOwner--------- kd gt analyze -vERROR FindPlugIns bERROR Some plugins may not be available b nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Bugcheck Analysis nbsp ... Read more

A:ProBook 645 G1 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA Broadcom Wireless...

so you never received a reply?  how thoughtful of them ;-) i have the same issue, non HP however.  If i repair my Windows 10 machine, I will come back and let you know the steps.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/ProBook-645-G1-PAGE-FAULT-IN-NONPAGED-AREA-Broadcom-Wireless/td-p/5346753
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I am running a Compaq Presario V windows XP home It normally has wireless connection through broadcom b g WLAN However last night an error message saying that there was a problem with the device appeared I disabled and re-enabled the device through quot network connections quot wireless disappeared Broadcom connection Immediately afterwards the connection disappeared from the network connections Broadcom wireless connection disappeared page It has also disappeared from the Device Manager except for the quot Packet scheduler miniport quot which Broadcom wireless connection disappeared is a hidden device The HP wireless assisstant has also gone missing It remains as a control panel icon but it wont open By this I mean nothing happens at all when its clicked I have tried the quot add new hardware wizard quot and am now trying to download updated drivers But so far to no effect I remember a similiar problem when my computer seems to have forgotten it had a CD-ROM where all evidence of it had disappeared that issue resolved itself as if by magic Any Ideas much appreciated Michael nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

OK first i have a HP dv - cl laptop Can't to Broadcom driver get wireless install with amd turon X ghz and gig memory it came with Win home premium and i just Can't get Broadcom wireless driver to install did a fresh R amp R with Vista Ultimate so needless to say i have reformatted everything well everything seems to be going good i am fully updated via microsoft update and HP except for things that just will not accept their drivers one of the is called unknown device and the other is network controller which is my broadcom wireless card I have Can't get Broadcom wireless driver to install tried to go through microsoft update i have DL'ed the driver from HP and tried installing it from my desktop and yes I unistalled the devices in device mgr beforehand i cant tell you how many times i have Restarted the PCand everytime i get the messages about installing those drivers and then subsequently get the message that they failed so i have no wireless but do have hard line HELP

A:Can't get Broadcom wireless driver to install

Check the place the wireless driver gets unzipped to, then try to manually update the driver by right clicking on network controller & clicking on update driver & specify the directory. And then check if the driver would get installed or not.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/227806-cant-get-broadcom-wireless-driver-install.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Wifi gets Limited or Greyed Out ConstantlyUsed Hp support assistant to update it (still no use)used devmgmt.msc to enable network adapter (still no use) tried to install newer version from website (still no use)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Broadcom-Wireless-BCM43412-802-11-bgn-Driver/td-p/5811895
Relevancy 55.04%

After my kid went to some less-than-savory websites my PC at home was infested with a Broadcom 7057 wireless x64 issues slew of viruses I figured it was time to install since I had such 7057 x64 Broadcom wireless issues good luck with on my netbook I installed and everything appeared to be fine but then using the Microsoft provided Broadcom g wireless driver just as it is labeled in Vista Ultimate which works PERFECTLY things started to act flakey with my internet connection It's a Belkin branded Broadcom card but I have never had issues with it After switching back to Vista it's working perfectly again I ran Windows updates then started to surf the web a little to find some drivers and in the middle of doing nothing out of the ordinary internet connectivity simply dropped It showed me still connected but only for local access - no internet I rebooted - couldn't even connect to the wireless now I did a cold boot - connects but local only No other PC in the house was having any issues I've tried it using DHCP and a static IP - both of which worked on all other machines as well No joy The router I am using is the first generation Belkin Pre-N which for the past year has needed the occasional reboot but didn't really have any serious issues It is several years old As I said - no other machines had any problems They are all running Vista Ultimate a mix of x and x along with my netbook running x build So can I suspect that there is an issue with the Broadcom driver Or maybe that the Router is too old to handle something that this new build is trying to do Is anyone else having similar issues I'm going to be getting a new router simply due to an electronics refresh that I am doing throughout the house but I don't want to have to futz with the desktop machine anymore on Win if I am going to continue having these issues Thanks in advance

A:7057 x64 Broadcom wireless issues

After replacing the router with a new, modern 802.11n router, this problem is gone.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/6153-7057-x64-broadcom-wireless-issues.html
Relevancy 55.04%

HP Pavillion does not recognize it's own built in Wireless Adapter (Broadcom). No manual left with the computer. Any suggestions?

A:Broadcom Wireless missing on Pavillion

It is probably reformatted and you need to download the driver for it from www.hp.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/broadcom-wireless-missing-on-pavillion.791555/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have an HP/Compaq Presario Laptop with a Broadcom Wireless 54g internal LAN Card. In its options it has this option for XPress (TM) Technology, what exactly does this do?

Maybe it's me, but I have noticed since I turned it on (thought it could improve performance) whenever I'm using my house phone, the wireless connection just drops. It never used to do this before. It's also affecting my desktop, but like i said, maybe its just me.

Relevancy 55.04%

I have a new Acer laptop with a Broadcom network adapter and can connect to a 802.11b wireless router but I couldn't connect to the router at the village library which I think has 802.11g. How do I know for sure how to set my Broadcom network adapter so it can connect to an 802.11g signal. What settings should I look for. I checked my computer's device manager but couldn't get a model number for the Broadcom adapter. I have windows vista home premium 32bit on my Acer Extensa 5420-5038.

A:What settings for my Broadcom wireless card

Getting the right and exact model number for the Broadcom is really key.

Try Everest Home Edition to get the specs.
Download from here and run it
- Click Reports->Report Wizard
- Get a Summary report in plain text
- You can attach the report or just copy / paste the info on your network adapter right into your post as that alone won't be alot of text

btw... most adapters are set for b&g (tho of course won't know for sure till the model number) tho have you check with the library if there are any other connection criteria?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-settings-for-my-broadcom-wireless-card.112288/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Lenovo Yoga 2 running Win 8.1 Today I booted up and no wireless connections.  Clicking the wireless icon gives the message "No connections are Available:. I have turned the wireless radio off and on, rebooted a few times, and checked in the Device Manger.  It shows that the wireless adpter is working properly. I opened the Network and Sharing Center and clicked the change adapter settings.  It shows that the wireless adapter is disabled.  I clicked the enable button, but it does not change from disabled. Any suggestions GREATLY appreciated. Brian

A:How to enable Broadcom 802.11 ac wireless adpter

I rolled back the driver version and that seems to have solved the problem.  Not sure how this happened.  I didn't make any changes to the laptop.  The only odd thing going one was the wireless router at my home office was setting and resetting.  I had been at a client office earlier and it was working fine.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/How-to-enable-Broadcom-802-11-ac-wireless-adpter/td-p/3345153
Relevancy 54.61%

Broadcom Wireless LAN drivers are not working in my PC after I upgrade it to windows 10. Previously I was using Windows 7. Any body help please.. What to do?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Broadcom-Wireless-LAN-drivers-are-not-working-after-I/td-p/5816456
Relevancy 54.61%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) 64 Mobile Technology ML-40, x86 Family 15 Model 36 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 958 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M Series, 64 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 69303 MB, Free - 39138 MB; D: Total - 6991 MB, Free - 3631 MB;
Motherboard: Gateway,
Antivirus: Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

My wireless stopped working. I had problems in the past, not sure how I got to work then. But the other day after handling the modem/router-combo, I guess it became unplugged. I plugged it back in and have not had wireless since. I turned off computer, restarted. My wireless network is not even listed. I can connect vie ethernet. No adapter is listed under Broadcom Wireless.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 54.61%

I turned on the DSL in my office this morning and everything went well till I tried to use my laptop to get files off the desktop. Doesn't see it, won't recognize it and so forth.

The gateway is connected to the phone line on one side and my desktop on the other. I have great internet off both machines and the desktop can access files on the laptop, but not the other way. I have tried all the help windows for microsoft, hp compaq and dell, still nothing. I have set and reset wireless networks with no success. Can someone out there help this very technically challenged old blogger on this.

Thanks.

Equipement: Dell Desktop PC running windows xp
Compaq laptop running windows xp
DSL with embarg Broadcom combo modem and router (gateway)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/embarq-broadcom-gateway-wireless-problems.683668/
Relevancy 54.61%

Wireless card BROADCOM BCM43142

Slow Speeds on Windows 10 x64

Please help me fix it up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-card-broadcom-bcm43142-problem.1163484/
Relevancy 54.61%

I am looking for a better alternative to my Broadcom 4313AGN that is currently in this laptop.  I want to utilize 5GHz instead of the 2.4GHz.  I've searched and had little luck so far, I can't even see to find if my BIOS is locked down with whitelist.  Any help anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

A:Alternative wireless card for Broadcom 4313AGN

Hello Xaxxas, Thank for coming to the HP Forums! I understand that you are looking for an alternative wireless card for your HP Pavilion g7-1075dx Notebook. I have look up the manual for your notebook. HP Pavilion g7 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide Page 51 of the manual has the information for the compatible wireless cards with your notebook, that would be a great place to start. You can use the part numbers with the HP Part Surfer if you find one that suits your needs. HP Part Surfer I will keep a look out for your reply.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Alternative-wireless-card-for-Broadcom-4313AGN/td-p/5590551
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello nbsp I bought ThinkPad E with does wireless ThinkPad not ... 802.11ac broadcom E450 broadcom ac wireless adapter about two weeks ago I experienced blue screen when I tried to use the wireless device as Hyper-V nbsp external virtual switch After the blue screen the broadcom does not work nbsp until I remove the device from devicemanager and reinstall the drive nbsp Any solution nbsp nbsp - My driver version of Broadcom ac adapter is the latest as of -Aug- nbsp The previous version's nbsp for Win nbsp result is the same nbsp As long as the adapter is nbsp NOT associated with Hyper-V it seems to work fine - OS Windows pro bit- G Memory- Virtual Technology is enabled on BIOS setting - Hyper-V feature is enabled nbsp The ethernet adapter is working fine as Hyper-V extenral virtual switch nbsp BTW I ThinkPad E450 broadcom 802.11ac wireless does not ... have a sony laptop PC with Intel Wireless adapter which works fine with Hyper-V nbsp Will the next release of the broadcom driver solve ThinkPad E450 broadcom 802.11ac wireless does not ... the problem Any nbsp comments nbsp would be appreciated nbsp Thanks in advance Regards ChangeeFrom Yokohama Japan nbsp

A:ThinkPad E450 broadcom 802.11ac wireless does not ...

I'm still suffering from blue screen in the environment where broadcom wireless plus hyper-v are installed. (PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA)

Link to picture/image

So far any updates on my PC including drivers, BIOS, Windows 10 etc. did not solve this problem!

It is obvious that virtual switch associated with broadcom is root cause.It is due to the fact that blue screen does not occur after removing them.

I need someone's help! .... LEEENOOOVOOO....

Changee.

Mod comment: Over sized picture converted to link. Please see About-Posting-Pictures-In-The-Forums

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/ThinkPad-E450-broadcom-802-11ac-wireless-does-not-work-with/td-p/2145317
Relevancy 54.61%

Yooooo! I have a Lenovo Y510p with modified BIOS so I could replace the crappy Intel wireless card that came with it (Intel Centrino N2230) for an Azurewave - Broadcom 4352. The experience has been good so far, the only problem I'm having is the low wireless signal with the card. I have other laptops that have higher range and strengths on the same place with older cards.

I've tried verifying (and even swapping) the cables and noted no difference. I asked on another forum and they told me that it could be that the card is not receiving enough power, but I have yet to find a settings in the BIOS or in Windows that dwindles its performance. I have recently updated the driver from Lenovo's website and it didn't improve a bit.

Any suggestions to improve the wireless signal? Thanks.

A:Broadcom 4352 AC card, low wireless signal.

Don't have a answer for this one but do you know if the Broadcom is better than the Intel 7260AC?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/25946-broadcom-4352-ac-card-low-wireless-signal.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello, I currently have a Lenovo G510 laptop. i am running windows 10 on it since it came out last year.  but after updating to the anniversary update in August I have been having various issues with the wireless connection.  the issues seem to come up when waking the laptop up from standby/sleep mode.  issues seem to be the wireless adapter can become disabled completely, the wireless card can't find any wireless networks, or after waking from standby/sleep mode the wireless connection has slowed down.  i have found a workaround by going into device manager and disabling and then reenableing the wireless adapter. I have updated to the latest drivers for the broadcom 802.11n via windows update and tried uninstalling it completly and reinstalling it but the issue remains is there anything lenovo or anyone can recommend or have a fix for this issue? thank you

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G510-issues-with-broadcom-802-11n-wireless-adapter-after-windows/td-p/3453347
Relevancy 54.61%

used to have win xp pro wireless worked fine on my dell latitude D-505 laptop upgraded to windows vista businesseverthings good but now know wireless.it says it working but its not.dont think theres a driver made for it.Davidw

A:how to make broadcom wireless g work with vista

OK, good that it reinstalled. A couple of other things to try....Are you sure the wireless adapter is enabled? Try pressing Fn+F2, that will toggle it ON or OFF.Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center. On the left side, click Change Adapter settings. Is the wireless adapter listed there? If it is, click on it & try the selections on the toolbar.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/how-to-make-broadcom-wireless-g-work-with-vista/13852.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I hav3 a broadcom bcm 94309 wireless that i purchased from ebay and once installed with its drivers and the computer restarts it always asks for a network controller any ideas were i can get it?????

Relevancy 54.61%

Hello A few months ago I bought an Acer Aspire One netbook On the first run I installed Windows since it had Linpus Linux with no GUI pre-installed and I installed all the drivers After some time I decided to use Xubuntu and I was happy with it It automatically installed Card Broadcom wild gone Wireless BCM4313 the Broadcom BCM4313 Wireless Card gone wild proprietary driver for the wi-fi card and all was good The trouble came when Ubuntu got released and I decided to look for another distro since the one I was using was out of date and not as fast as I had wished anyway I ve installed Manjaro Linux and everything worked nicely until one time I went downstairs for a moment and came back to see my screen blanked out default power settings which was normal and my wi-fi led turned off The internet still worked but now the Broadcom BCM4313 Wireless Card gone wild led wouldn t light up no matter what I figured that it must have burned out or something so I ignored the problem I realized the problem was more serious when I decided to try Lubuntu When the installer asked me to connect to a network at first it connected properly and then when I wanted to continue the installation it probably downloaded and installed the proprietary driver because the led switched on but the installer tried to connect to my network over and over again unsuccessfully To get a better idea of what s going on I installed Xubuntu again because the wi-fi card worked fine on it before and checked the wi-fi driver selection in software sources gt additional drivers tab It turns out the internet works fine when the selection is quot Do not use the device quot which by the way was NOT selected all the time while I was using the system before the problem occured the internet works but the led doesn t light up and when I select quot Using Broadcom Linux STA wireless driver source from bcmwl-kernel-source quot the led lights up but I can t connect to my network despite it being visible on the networks list I decided to go even further back in an attempt to fix the problem I remember that whenever I turned on the netbook the wi-fi led lit up every time even before the system loading screen and it doesn t now I also remember that the very first time I turned on the netbook it also didn t light up It started lighting up only after I ve installed the broadcom driver on Windows for the first time I deducted that the driver must have also installed some kind of internal driver or firmware onto the device and for whatever reason that firmware now doesn t work Turns out I was right Debian installer reported bcm xx- fw firmware missing before network configuration That s the firmware for my wi-fi card I hoped that if I installed Windows again and installed the driver once more the firmware would get installed with it again just like it did the first time But unfortunately it didn t The led doesn t light up before the Windows loading screen it only lights up after that and the internet works with the led lit up but only on windows The problem remains unchanged when I try to install any linux distro again Can anyone tell me how I should install the firmware itself no matter on what OS Whichever is required I will install it I ve read that the Broadcom cards are not exactly the most reliable ones so I m considering getting a new wi-fi card but then again this seems like it might be a software problem so if it can be fixed and save me some money it would be great nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/broadcom-bcm4313-wireless-card-gone-wild.1098159/
Relevancy 54.61%

I compiled ndiswrapper 0.7 and installed the proper driver for ndiswrapper under Mandrake 10, but the lights don't even come on for my PCMCIA wireless card.

Any suggestions on what I should do or where I should turn for more help? I'm a complete Linux newb, although I'm really hoping to learn a lot of stuff from these bad experiences.

A:ndiswrapper, Mandrake 10 and PCMCIA Broadcom wireless

You can try installing an RPM which allready contains pre-compiled binaries -> Ndiswrapper @ Rpmfind.net.

Download the file & do rpm -Uvh Filename.rpm.

To see if it's properly installed do rpm -qa | grep -i ndis.

Then check out this page Getting Your WireLess NIC Working with the NDIS Wrapper Device Driver

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ndiswrapper-mandrake-10-and-pcmcia-broadcom-wireless.13243/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have an HP dv6-6c10us laptop with a Broadcom 802.11n wireless adapter.  It worked fine on Win 7.  When I upgraded to Win 10, it stopped working.  The driver has not been updated since 6/2/13. Until the driver gets updated by Broadcom or HP, this computer is now a desktop. Any suggestions on how to get the wireless adapter doing under Windows 10?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-dv6-6c10us-Broadcom-802-11n-wireless-adapter-not-working/td-p/5795102
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi, I need some help please, despite downloading the driver pack and indeed the individual Windows 7 64bit drivers for the Broadcom wireless I am still unable to get the device installed and operational. The device ID's as Broadcom BCM943228Z 802.11abgn WiFi adapter and while it appears to be installed the deivce manager entry shows a yellow exclamation mark and on WiFi adapters are present on the Network Connections screen.If I try to update the drivers I am either told its up to date or get an error update.cpp1205. I have 9 of these to build on Windows 7 Professional and this is the only item left to deal with.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Problems installing Broadcom wireless on HP Probook 640 G2

Hi: See if this driver works... http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=7834518&swItemId=ob_154780_1&swEnvOid=4059

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Problems-installing-Broadcom-wireless-on-HP-Probook-640-G2/td-p/5658366
Relevancy 54.61%

Can anyone suggest anything for the Wireless adapter tripping out after upgrading Win 8 to windows 8.1? Computer used to work fine on Win 8. Now I cant download large files or watch TV or you Tube or live Football 30 feet away from the Router. Yet it worked good on Windows 8. Anyone having similar problems? Is it possible to return to Windows 8? I did not make a Restore USB at Windows 8 but did a Restore USB for Win 8.1.

A:BROADCOM 4352 wireless adapter trips out

The Broadcom drivers aren't installing the right one but if you can visit the Windows Update Center using a wired connection there is a new driver for Broadcom that works.

Lenovo and Dell both have drivers for the 4352 as well.
Broadcom WLAN 4352, 4313, 43227 Driver for Windows 8.1 (64-bit) - ThinkCentre Systems

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/35858-broadcom-4352-wireless-adapter-trips-out.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a serious problem with my Hp series 6000, two days ago i'am working with no problem in this machine and a wireless adapter was working very good, but yesterday the switch button front machine not change color, only i have the color orange, then in windows vista 32-bits the broadcom adapter not under list network adapters, i chat with hp Us-Support and working in BIOS Update to the latest version and after reinstalling drivers for 802.11 a/b/g for broadcom adapter, but VISTA not detect the hardware.

Any suggestions ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/broadcom-wireless-does-not-list-under-network-adapters-309433.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi there - my wireless adapter seems like its dead My laptop isn t detecting it and I cannot connect to wireless networks The light to indicate if the wireless is on or not is showing orange off instead of blue on when in fact the switch is in the on position I ve tried installing the broadcom driver again but it didn t help I m just about to call up HP to have it serviced unless anyone has any suggestions What really gets to me is that my laptop is just about and a years old and this is the second time this exact same problem has occurred Last time this happened it was almost at the end of the warranty and I was able to have it repaired under the warranty Now I m guessing I ll have to pay for the repair - the warranty is finished This second problem has occurred during a SHORTER time span - in about Problem wireless broadcom with network adapter - months Last time HP s affiliates who repaired it said the problem was the motherboard so the motherboard was replaced or was it just repaired So I m out of ideas I don t even use the wireless much Most of the time I m connected to the internet via ethernet What actually Problem with broadcom wireless network adapter causes this problem Does anyone Problem with broadcom wireless network adapter know how much having this repaired or having the wireless adapter or motherboard replaced would cost My laptop is a Compaq V au in case anyone s interested lol Sorry for my essay Thanks for your help nbsp

A:Problem with broadcom wireless network adapter

i know this problem. first, try to update your BIOS. if this will helps so, the problem disappeared.
second problem connected with southbridge chip(mini-PCI-express is bus which connected directly to southbridge)
third. i recommend to sell this laptop. this platform has VERY BAD QUALITY of motherboard and has development errors(lack of northbridge and videochip heatsink). HP tried to fix this problem with new BIOS in which they changed passive thermal cooling temperature, but this is not right way.
and fourth try to replace the Wi-Fi adapter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-broadcom-wireless-network-adapter.105499/
Relevancy 54.61%

I received my new business Y50-70, and I have found that the range of the wireless card is awful.  If I am standing within 5 feet of the router I get full speed, but as I walk 10 to 15 feet away (in direct line of sight) I can watch the bars decrease. If I go around the corner into another room, I basically lose all connectivity. This is awful performance for a nice laptop. Are there any settings or way to boost the receiving strenth of the wireless card?  I travel often, and need to be able to connect to hotel wireless, and this will not suffice.  If not, I may have to return this. ThanksMatt

A:Y50-70 Wireless Range for Broadcom 802.11ac BCM453...

I have the exact same issue on my y50-70.  My laptop also has Broadcom BCM4532.Any suggestions???  My OLD laptop has way better range and performance at greater distances than this crap...

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y50-70-Wireless-Range-for-Broadcom-802-11ac-BCM4532-is-terrible/td-p/2137776
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello. Well, a couple weeks ago my wireless started acting buggy. It wouldn't work, but if I restarted my laptop it would usually start again. Now it's not working at all. I've tried reinstalling the drivers with the disc that came with my computer and downloading the drivers from the dell website. The device does show up in my device manager. I've tried deleting it, so it reinstalls, didn't work. It is enabled in BIOS. I have tried the little wireless switch and the hotkey.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1521
Broadcom 440x 10/100 Intergrated Controller

A:Broadcom Wireless Card stopped working.

Originally Posted by Jibby

Hello. Well, a couple weeks ago my wireless started acting buggy. It wouldn't work, but if I restarted my laptop it would usually start again. Now it's not working at all. I've tried reinstalling the drivers with the disc that came with my computer and downloading the drivers from the dell website. The device does show up in my device manager. I've tried deleting it, so it reinstalls, didn't work. It is enabled in BIOS. I have tried the little wireless switch and the hotkey.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1521
Broadcom 440x 10/100 Intergrated Controller

Jibby

I have the same computer and my wifi card is the dell 1390. the broadcom is the wired device. could you go into device manager (type device manager in search) and see if there is an "unknown" device? that might be your wifi.

Ken

Edit Im 32bit you 32 or 64?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/244287-broadcom-wireless-card-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I'm on a missing? URGH DANG wireless IT! Broadcom HP pavilion dv vista home pre bit Anywho my wireless light indicator stays on orange even when its on the on off position I don't know what the issue is but its a pain I managed to chat with one of them HP online techs and they helped me solve my problem for a Broadcom wireless missing? URGH DANG IT! day What they told me to do was to update my bios then install the broadcom lan adaptor in that order but since whoever that tech was he she was a really slow typer so i didn't know and i installed the broadcom wireless first and i guess my wireless picked it up right away But the next day came by and it was yet again dead Now im pretty much stuck with an ethernet wire and i can't get any work done at school because most of my classes need online info On a side note Broadcom wireless is usually shown under Network Adaptors in my Device Manager but now its gone and i just can't do anything to make it detect Broadcom Also the only item that is under network adaptors is Nvidia Nforce Controller i have no idea what that is but its there It's been almost weeks now since this happened Help is greatly greatly appreciated Last resort send my laptop to HP and get robbed

A:Broadcom wireless missing? URGH DANG IT!

Originally Posted by heymistergq

its gone and i just can't do anything to make it detect Broadcom. Also the only item that is under network adaptors is Nvidia Nforce Controller(i have no idea what that is, but its there).

Hi Mistergq,

The NVidia Nforce Controller is your ethernet hard-wired port

Do you know the exact make/model and version of your wireless card? The issues your having are all caused by the driver its using so if you have that info around I can try find another one for you to use

Steven

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/182421-broadcom-wireless-missing-urgh-dang.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi, I need some help please, despite downloading the driver pack and indeed the individual Windows 7 64bit drivers for the Broadcom wireless I am still unable to get the device installed and operational. The device ID's as Broadcom BCM943228Z 802.11abgn WiFi adapter and while it appears to be installed the deivce manager entry shows a yellow exclamation mark and on WiFi adapters are present on the Network Connections screen.If I try to update the drivers I am either told its up to date or get an error update.cpp1205. I have 9 of these to build on Windows 7 Professional and this is the only item left to deal with.

A:Problems installing Broadcom wireless on HP Porbook 640 G2

Hi: See if this driver works... http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=7834518&swItemId=ob_154780_1&swEnvOid=405...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Problems-installing-Broadcom-wireless-on-HP-Porbook-640-G2/td-p/5658366
Relevancy 54.61%

Recently I'm having issues with my wireless,  when i turn on my laptop i have been getting this message: "Error 701 HP - wireless module not found", then i install again the driver of wireless, but after some time the conection to internet turn off, it don't work unless  i restart the machine. I think I should reemplace the wireless card, but i don't know what kind of model i should buy. my laptop is dv6-2152nrhttp://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-dv6-2100-entertainment-notebook-pc-serie...

A:My wireless won't connect to internet Broadcom 43225 802.11...

Hi, Please use part number 593837-001 to order. You may want to bookmark the following link for future references:      http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=WA763UA Part store does not have it, you can try:            https://www.amazon.com/HP-WLAN-802-11-BEARKAT-593837-001/dp/B004FHWSTK And the first manual on the following link shows you how to replace yourself (page 4-16):      http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-dv6-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/4041735/model/4... Regards. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-wireless-won-t-connect-to-internet-Broadcom-43225-802-11b/td-p/5731540
Relevancy 53.75%

Dell d-505 latitude laptop when i install wireless drivers for broadcom adapter i have to log in everytime i start computer.Davidwmessage edited by Davidw

A:Dell latitude d-505 when i install broadcom wireless drivers

If it was the windows login - which is how you get into "your" user account. - then presumably you know what that is?If the wifi login (to access the router) you simply enter the SSID and the access key (aka incorrect;y referred to as the password) for the router. Providing you didn't change it from the default it was delivered with, it will be on a sticker on the base of the router...Incidentally it's generally wiser to change the access key from the default/delivered one to something else; and make suitable note elsewhere what you changing it to. If it's your home/router no harm to stick a note on the base of the router; and also email it to yourself...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/dell-latitude-d505-when-i-install-broadcom-wireless-drivers/203651.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi All I'm working on a clients notebook HP presario R ap with XP pro SP that has an issue with the broadcom wireless network card the notebook has the freezing card network system Broadcom wireless network card showing a yellow exclamation mark in device manager and the error message quot the driver is missing or corrupt please reinstall driver quot When uninstalling driver using the quot find new hardware quot option in control panel windows gets to the quot search for driver quot section Broadcom wireless network card freezing system in the installation wizard and then freezes up the whole system with a reboot holding down the power button to restart the only solution I've tried downloading the latest driver from HP uninstalling the driver in device manager and attempting to install the new driver Broadcom wireless network card freezing system but again the system freezes when the device manager refreshes itself when searching for the driver Can anyone help Here are the stats HP Presario R AP Notebookl GHz Pentium GB Ram XP Pro SP Broadcom g g WLAN card

A:Broadcom wireless network card freezing system

You might try disabling the device, deleting the driver files yourself, and rebooting.

Then download the new drivers, install them, reboot and then re-enable the device so plug and play will detect them.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/broadcom-wireless-network-card-freezing-system-394141.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi all I am using a Lenovo X U for over a month now and wireless Intel 6205 Broadcom !! conflict Bluetooth I am having problems connecting the a tech bt bluetooth mouse to the machine previously it used to be fine but then suddenly the bluetooth components dissappeared after several attempts and uninstalling and reinstalling drivers Broadcom Bluetooth and Intel wireless 6205 conflict !! I have been unable to detect and connect any bluetooth devices Moreover after the last driver update the wireless connection suddenly got dropped as soon as I started the bluetooth device detection process I uninstalled and updated the wireles drivers but still no change changed the wifi channel to g but still Broadcom Bluetooth and Intel wireless 6205 conflict !! no change Initially I suspected issues with Lenovo Access Connections and had uninstalled it as well but there is still no resolution The problem as soon as I start the bluetooth detection process the wireless connection is dropped and only reconnects when I switch BT device off and close the BT connection pane Drivers listed below Bluetooth Broadcom drivers updated to Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator driver updated to Intel centrino wireless driver updated to Microsoft Bluetooth Personal Area Network driver Microsoft Bluetooth Device RFCOMM Protocol

A:Broadcom Bluetooth and Intel wireless 6205 conflict !!

Anyone out there with some suggestions????

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/283939-broadcom-bluetooth-intel-wireless-6205-conflict.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello all I got serious issues with the HP G When I bought it the integrated Broadcom device catches issue + 8188EU Realtek on 10 Broadcom 802.11 wireless Windows the wireless signal really bad Even with my phone hot's spot on the distance should be not more than centimetres away from the laptop Now I'm using this wireless card meters away from a router with an external antenna Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms So instead of troubleshooting I just boght a mini USB Realtek RTL EU device for which worked fine until today I upgraded Windows with the automatic updates Now the Realtek doesn't show any network I tried restarting few times and different USB ports I tried disable enable Install Broadcom 802.11 + Realtek 8188EU wireless issue on Windows 10 Uninstall from the device manager Nothing helped Could you please help me find working drivers for both or at least for one of the cards Broadcom - current driver version Realtek EU - current driver version Thank you in advance Cheers Nick

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/65259-broadcom-802-11-realtek-8188eu-wireless-issue-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi there,I've reserved Win 10 upgrade. GetWin10 App says my Broadcom Virtual Wireless Adapter (Dell Wireless WLAN 1501 Half Mini-Card Driver) isn't fully compatible with Win 10 and I'll experience connectivity problems on my machine after upgrading. I can't get any drivers from Dell/Broadcom site that are compatible with Win 10 on my machine. Does it mean after upgrading to Win 10 I'll lose wireless connection on my laptop or Win10 will support my device out of the box? How to fix that issue?

A:support for broadcom virtual wireless adapter for windows 10

it means your laptop will use windows universal drivers for wifi which will results weaker signal, it will be better for you to wait until official drivers are out for your model then install the driver after installing windows 10 to keep your signal strength.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19642748
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Micron Trans Port GX3 Laptop that I just had to reformat and install win xp again. Installed in this laptop is a Mini PCI Wireless Card bearing the BCM94306MPSG number.

I have been going nuts trying to find the driver for this beast. It will not install without the drivers. I had them but have somehow managed to lose them.

Can anyone help me here???? PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE

Thanks

Carl

A:Driver for Broadcom BCM94306 Mini PCI Wireless Card

Download for XP from here....

http://www.broadcom.com/support/ethernet_nic/netxtreme_desktop.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/driver-for-broadcom-bcm94306-mini-pci-wireless-card.557377/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi and thanks for any advice you can give, it's really appreciated.

I have an HP Compaq 6715s laptop with Windows 7. I have had a problem for sometime where the modem (the aforementioned Broadcom 590x 10/100 Ethernet) will not work wirelessly any more. I just get an icon in the bottom corner with a red x over a monitor and it doesn't seem to be able to detect any wireless networks. This has happened quite suddenly and I've not changed anything on the cpu that I'm aware of. The modem does still work if I physically plug it into the router.

Windows insists that I have the latest drivers and not being hugely technical, am at a bit of a loss to know what to do.
Thanks in advance
Jamexp1

Relevancy 53.75%

Good aftenoon I' 17-f145nl pavilion hangs wireless on - broadcom w... malfuncion trying to solve issues on this notebook since I've upgraded it to windows related to freezes while using it problems on shut-down or suspension I've tried several suggestions read on the forum and went through many reinstalls of several drivers both updated or pavilion 17-f145nl hangs on broadcom wireless malfuncion - w... downgrading to the previous releases trying to find a stable combination Intel IME Broadcom wireless driver intel chipset HP driveguard protection intel HD video driver Now everything is updated to the most recent ones The only two things I've been able to solve are shut down - power saving issues by installing the latest IME driver from Intel pavilion 17-f145nl hangs on broadcom wireless malfuncion - w... the HP d Driveguard following the hint to uninstall everything twice nbsp before reinstalling the latest driver from HP suggestion found in the Forum Driveguard was not functioning since Windows upgrade without me realizing that I hoped that this last achievement would have helped in fixing the whole mess Yesterday it seemed that the configuration reached was a stable one and I was able to operate heavily the whole day without any problem But today the notebook hanged again showing wireless failure in the notification tray area Now I think its clear that the real big problem resides in the wireless module alone nbsp I don't know what else to try to make the broadcom function properly I've followed every suggestion related to transmission power AP compatibility settings power management settings and so on nbsp Seems to be something wrong between chipset and wifi card that is not possible to fix The problem appears without any warning after a while or almost immediately after a reboot It's random and impossible to spot nbsp Reading through the Forum seems that nbsp windows nbsp reinstall from scratch does not fix issues like that but is the last try I can run before sending the notebook to HP for hardware assistance which eventually I will do before nbsp warranty expires And I won't go back to windows that may be a solution going for factory reset since last july I bought the notebook with the assurance that the machine was ready to upgrade to windows nbsp I'm looking nbsp for a nbsp wise alternative before wasting other days to no avail

A:pavilion 17-f145nl hangs on broadcom wireless malfuncion - w...

Hello @silenzi71, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! The Forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community! I read your post about the multiple issues you are having with the notebook, and wanted to assist you!  I understand that you were able to get some of these issues resolved already, but is still having trouble with the WiFi. If you believe the issue to be hardware related, try testing the hardware for failure.  You can use the document provided here for help:  HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8) Test the WLAN Module, and the Processor.  If the WLAN Module is not detected, then you can try checking it, to verify that it is still connected properly.  If the tests are good, then try reviewing the following document, to see if there are any steps that you may have missed: HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10) Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/pavilion-17-f145nl-hangs-on-broadcom-wireless-malfuncion/td-p/5579756
Relevancy 53.75%

ok, so i bought a new mobo a while back with the 5750. So, i was planning on getting another 5750. However, i just recently found out that when i crossfire both of the cards will run at 8x.
so, is one 5750 running at 16x the same as 5750 running at 8x, and how much of a difference would there be?

A:5750 at 16x, same thing as 2 5750 at 8x?

Theoretically the dual cards will perform better. The limited bandwidth doesn't hit the performance too hard. The real problem is that Crossfire and SLi still aren't taking full advantage of both cards (the games do not support it well, scaling is what it is.. Sometimes up to 80-90% benefit, sometimes pretty much no benefit at all from the second card)
Pretty bad situation for you, 5750 CF isn't really worth it in many purposes, 5850 costs too much and 5770 isn't significantly better than 5750)...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/5750-at-16x-same-thing-as-2-5750-at-8x.894978/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a Dell Inspiron N4030 Laptop running Windows 7 64 bit SP1 my computer is ready to upgrade to Windows 10 except for a message that says my Broadcom Virtual Wireless Adapter in not compatible with Windows 10. Are there any driver updates for the Broadcom Virtual Wireless Adapter that will correct this problem?

A:Inspiron N4030, Windows 10, Broadcom Virtual Wireless Adapter

I have the same problem. Dell Inspiron N4030 W7 x64 SP1. If somebody has the answer I will thank them.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19645408
Relevancy 53.32%

I got my MP 210 wireless 4313 HP fix, Broadcom 32bit 7 Windows mayb... Mini mini a few days ago with XP home nbsp I upgraded it to WIndows yesterday nbsp After install everything was humming just fine even the wireless nbsp I thought this is to good to be true nbsp Then Windows installed updates nbsp It was after the updates that my wireless was hosed nbsp Same problems everybody else has documented ihere nbsp I think it something in those updates is conflicting with the Broadcom driver nbsp To make a long story short I found the previous version of the hp broadcom driver nbsp The URL is nbsp http www userdrivers com Notebook-Tablet-PC HP-M nbsp ini- -PC-Broadcom-Wireless-LAN-Driver- - - - nbsp Right click computer- click properties - then click on device manager Right click on HP Mini 210 Windows 7 32bit Broadcom 4313 wireless fix, mayb... Broadcom b g n in Network Adapters nbsp then click on Uninstall nbsp Check box to delete the driver software for HP Mini 210 Windows 7 32bit Broadcom 4313 wireless fix, mayb... this device nbsp You should be uninstalling driver version dated nbsp Reboot then install the driver from URL above nbsp That's version dated So HP Mini 210 Windows 7 32bit Broadcom 4313 wireless fix, mayb... far I'm for with my wireless now working nbsp My guess is HP will need to come out with a new driver to fix this new conflict with WIn Solved View Solution

A:HP Mini 210 Windows 7 32bit Broadcom 4313 wireless fix, mayb...

This is a follow up to my original post. The older version of the Broadcom wireless driver did not fix the problem.  Wireless connection was still intermitent.  Sometimes it would see my home wireless and sometime it would report no wireless available.  I tried various things all weekend. Last night I went into windows update and it said there were two updates to install.  One of them was Microsoft driver update for Realtek RTL8102E/RTL8103E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20) Well after I did this update all my wireless problems went away.  Perhaps the Realtek driver was clobbering the Broadcom wireless.  I think HP knew there was a problem and got Microsoft to send out update to fix.it.  Just my guess.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Mini-210-Windows-7-32bit-Broadcom-4313-wireless-fix-maybe/td-p/287836
Relevancy 53.32%

I am asking this question because every once in a while when my sister's Laptop is sitting next to the modem/router it drops connection with a triangle over the WiFi bars.

Do I need to update the driver that has to do with the WiFi?

A:Acer Aspire 5749 Series WiFi Connection Dropping

It did it again today. Does anyone know why it's doing this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/366959-acer-aspire-5749-series-wifi-connection-dropping.html
Relevancy 53.32%

My Broadcom n wireless network adapter keeps dropping only on one particular network On Keeps Network Tags:Wireless Wireless Only 1 Dropping our guest network at work which it has previously worked on just fine Sometimes flushing the DNS will buy me a few minutes Sometimes uninstalling the adapter itself and rebooting might work momentarily but nothing stays I can see it issuing out the lease for hours on the server I can delete its lease and it will reissue a new IP but that may or may not work If it connects it will appear to be connected bars on the wireless icon but a web page won t load The connection is fine on other networks like at home and at church I ve also played around with different versions of the driver but still the same Thoughts I m leaning towards DNS or DHCP issues on the server myself but I m not the Wireless Keeps Dropping Only On 1 Network Tags:Wireless sys admin for it Acer Aspire G- running Windows -bit Guest network runs over Cisco s Meraki Cloud Home network is AT amp T U-verse nbsp

A:Wireless Keeps Dropping Only On 1 Network Tags:Wireless

What firewall or security suite is, or ever was, on the system?

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you don't have a satisfactory email address (e.g., from your ISP) you could try http://www.pcworld.com/article/231780/xirrus_wifi_inspector.html. If you need help with a screen shot see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 8 or 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

[Press ENTER after each command.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-keeps-dropping-only-on-1-network-tags-wireless.1130077/
Relevancy 50.74%

my wireless router drops because someone elses wireless network keeps popping up. HOw do I make this stop? thx

A:wireless keeps dropping

Change SSID of your wirless router.
Change the channel of your wireless router.
Configure your wireless system to connect to new SSID.

Depending on your version of windows / wireless drivers you can exclude the MAC address of the AP in question.

I'd suggest trying the first two to start with.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-keeps-dropping.407537/
Relevancy 50.74%

ISP Virgin Media Cable UK Make model modem Virgin Media Data Cable Modem Make model router Netgear WGT v Connection type Wireless WPA encryption Wireless manager Zero Config no other wireless utilities installed Windows version XP Home SP Browser Firefox PC Security Windows Firewall Avast Antivirus The issue in a nutshell is that the wireless connection drops out intermittently between approximately p m to a m every day The LED s continue to display normally when it drops out all green with power solid wireless flashing steadily internet flickering however the Choose a wireless network screen goes from listing the network as Connected to saying either Windows cannot find any networks or Limited or no connectivity At first I couldn t reconnect without unplugging the router from the mains for a few seconds then plugging it back in but after trying a variety of things it now reconnects automatically after about seconds I live in a small flat and have no central heating or cordless phones so I suspect the interference is coming from one of my neighbours my TV and a Virgin Cable TV set-top box are standing only a couple of feet away from the router however powering these off completely makes wireless Dropping no difference to the dropping connection When connecting the computer with an ethernet cable the connection is steady So far I have tried the following to correct the problem Changed security to WEP wouldn t connect at all even after removing Dropping wireless the network from Preferred Networks and rebooting then Disable ditto Tried all channels excellent signal strength on all Currently on Channel Reinstalled TCP IP by going to C WINDOWS inf nettcpip inf right-clicking on the file and clicking Install Ran netshell commands - Start gt Run gt cmd gt netsh int ip reset reset log Dropping wireless - Start gt Run gt cmd gt netsh winsock reset catalog then rebooted Disabled enabled and repaired wireless connection several times Ensured that the IP address is obtained automatically in the Internet Protocol TCP IP Properties DNS server addresses used to be automatic as well but they are currently set to OpenDNS as Virgin seemed to have some problems with their DNS servers earlier this evening Reinstalled the WLAN drivers This morning I thought I d actually sorted it by reinstalling the drivers as it remained stable from that point on however at in the evening it started happening again just like it has done every evening since I got the router days ago So thinking that there was only one last thing to have a go of before writing to you guys I backed up the Registry went into HKEY LOCAL MACHINE deleted the Winsock and Winsock keys and rebooted Unfortunately only Winsock appeared in the Registry following the reboot so I attempted to import the backup file However it refused to do it due to some component being in use so I selected a backup file from January instead Of course following this the computer started to behave very strangely indeed - to cut a long story short I finally managed to restore normal function by running sfc scannow re-importing the newest backup file worked this time and then running System Restore using a restore point from this morning In other words the Winsock keys were probably never reinstalled as such as I had to undo the changes immediately afterward Can anyone think of anything else to try Also if some device such as my neighbours cordless phone or similar is causing the problem is there a way to quot shield quot my router from those signals without preventing its own signals from reaching my laptop Say by placing it in a glass bowl or something OK I m really just making things up now but please let me know if you ve inventively solved a similar problem Please also find attached the relevant ipconfig all output Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Emma gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Home Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enab... Read more

Relevancy 50.74%

I run a PC with a Belkin N+ Wireless Modem / Router.
This connects via wireless to a HP laptop.
Both run Windows 7.
I have never had a problem, but just lately, the wireless drops out on the Laptop. [The Belkin does NOT stop working.]
It's very intermittant - but is a curse if it drops out during a Download.
[Let's say 490 MB's with 10 to go!!]
When it drops out, it very quickly re-instates after hitting 'Troubleshoot Problem'. It's very fast to work again, but the damage has been done.
Can anyone help - please?

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL. THANKS FOR GREAT HELP IN 2009.

Relevancy 50.74%

I think I have solved the problem. I need to get a new computer.

A:AT&T Wireless Dropping

I may be able to help if you decide to keep the original computer.  Please reply with the model of notebook, the version of Windows and if you are using wireless or plugging in. If you are using wireless and you know it, please also include the model of the wireless card.

TB

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983219
Relevancy 50.74%

i have a new toshiba satelite laptop and wireless connection keeps failing every other minute.I have to disconect then connect again to restart.Did not have any problems with last PC.Any help appreciated.

A:wireless keeps dropping off

If help doesn't come along in 24 hrs., click Report and request that your Thread be transferred to the Networking Forum.

{redoak}

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-keeps-dropping-off.1019113/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

Have a wireless connection (ntl modem/linksys-wirelessG 2.4GHz router/Micronet SP906GK/SP908GK 54M adaptor) which keeps cutting out.

Message pops up in icon to say 'Unable to connect to network..'
If I right click on the icon & then click repair it will fix the problem...only for it to happen again in about 10 minutes. This has been going on for months...V irritating.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Regards