Windows Support Forum

No drivers/internet/ethernet port to connect to wifi

Q: No drivers/internet/ethernet port to connect to wifi

So this might be pretty long but this is all that has wifi drivers/internet/ethernet port connect No to to happened so far So my laptop which is a HP DM it was fine nd No drivers/internet/ethernet port to connect to wifi everything but it would shut itself off but i had it plugged in and everything then when i went to turn it bck on it said to put a recovery disc No drivers/internet/ethernet port to connect to wifi so i went on my mom's laptop nd downloaded that nd burned it and used it It reinstalled Windows but when it would No drivers/internet/ethernet port to connect to wifi boot up it would look like Windows but the log on screen nd home screen would look like Windows XP so i been downloading drivers since i dnt have most the stuff i need nd i got Areo nd it looks like Windows again but the clock nd those icons still look like XP like it shows a computer instead of wifi bars So problem is now that my internet button doesnt work for wifi nd there is no networks to connect too nd some drivers are missing which ive tried so many things nd not getting anywhere Idk what i did though but out of the times i was trying to download windows i finally got windows home premium up but it was all black nd said it was an ungenuine copy nd was on a temporary account nd everything would get deleted after logging off After i shut dwn it made me reinstall windows nd now ive tried to get bck to the black screen one but it just goes ito the XP looking one

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: No drivers/internet/ethernet port to connect to wifi

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: No drivers/internet/ethernet port to connect to wifi

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. No idea where you Downloaded Windows from .. But it looks like a corrupt Install .. Your should start again .. Read the Link below and follow the Instructions step by step .. Every thing is in the Link you need to get the perfect Install including the Link for the Download ISO for Windows .. If you Post the exact Model Number of your Laptop ... I will find any Drivers that are missing after the Re-install .. Windows should find most of them if you run the Updates ..
Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/335432-no-drivers-internet-ethernet-port-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I have my Home Security System, ip cameras... On a router and going to ethernet
my laptop
On that same laptop I connect wirelessy from my internet modem. but I get an error message saying that Multiple Networks have been detected. To configure the router correctly to solve the problem.

I have seen the internet working , with the additional router. Then it just blinks out and I get a message saying no internet available.

Something that should be simple to fix or maby I should just buy a USB wifi adapter instead of using the Ethernet Cable from my Modem or router. 2 wifi -connections instead of wifi- Ethernet connections. If that is possible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/380910-ethernet-port-lan-wifi-internet-same-laptop.html
Relevancy 86%

hey guys
i got a switch and a cable modem and a few cables
i plugged it all up and i have put them in my ubuntu machine
works the first boot up, no questions asked
but when i plug the Ethernet plug into my vista laptop
nothing happens
but now when i put the usb cable for my modem and plug it into my vista laptop nothing also happens now
i used to do it the usb way all the time now its not working at all!!!! (this is my brothers laptop and he will destroy me lol)

so how do i fix it so it will work with the usb
but what i really want is to make it work with the switch

A:need to know how to connect the internet though ethernet port

ok fixed the problem
all i need to do now is to make vista go though the switch to get internet
i made my windows me computer do it all i did was install the network card drivers lol

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/243797/need-to-know-how-to-connect-the-internet-though-ethernet-port/
Relevancy 82.99%

Something strange happened This morning at my Dell laptop quot Wi-Fi quot changed from quot Wi-Fi quot to quot Wi-Fi quot and my Ethernet is now quot Ethernet quot Now I cannot connect to the Internet through Ethernet which is my only option where I am which is at home and the Wi-Fi networks that used to show up on the list because I am within range don t show up anymore I cannot even turn Wi Fi on since it is grayed out under quot Networks quot Specifically it now says quot Dell Wireless b g n GHZ quot on the Device Manager I tried to delete the from quot Wi-Fi quot on the Network Connections page but Laptop or connect Internet to ethernet Wifi with won't it says quot cannot rename this connection A connection with the name you specified already exists quot So the original Wi-Fi Laptop won't connect to Internet with ethernet or Wifi and Ethernet are still there somewhere but where Why did they disappear How can I get them back Here is some system information Windows edition Processor Intel Core i - U GHz GHz -bit operating system I restored my system to March but that didn t work Any help would be Laptop won't connect to Internet with ethernet or Wifi greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 82.99%

Hello everyone I am having an issue I attempted installed zonealarm free a few days ago when I woke up I saw that it said the installation failed Yet still I saw zonealarm listed as a new program that was installed I also can unable to connect to the internet I changed the settings of zonealarm from high to medium but still no internet I uninstalled zonealarm and even used the clean exe zonealarm tool no internet I manually went ahead and removed via or connect ethernet wifi to internet to Unable as many zone Unable to connect to internet via wifi or ethernet alarm components as possible but still no internet I have done various elevated command prompts net sh etc However for the reset one it always says reset failed Ip and Ip in a not connected state and all wifi networks say limited as well as Ethernet connections I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers Also I have no system restore points available When the issue Unable to connect to internet via wifi or ethernet was first present my last restore point was Unable to connect to internet via wifi or ethernet Office preview which I had installed two hours or so before zonealarm Zonealarm never had a restore point Since trying to troubleshoot this issue all my restore points have been erased I am going insane Can you guys please help me to figure out how to fix this Thanks in advance for your help Laptop Sony Vaio Flip OS Windows Professional Wireless Card Intel Wireless N

A:Unable to connect to internet via wifi or ethernet

System Restore to before you installed Zonealarm.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/66161-unable-connect-internet-via-wifi-ethernet.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I recently used a program Autoruns,, and deleted some startup things I shouldn't have.. Since then I cant connect to internet, the troubleshooter for wireless adapter says the Windows wireless service is not running on this computer (WLAN Autoconfig service) and fails to start the service.
I notice on windows task manager there are only about 13 Processes running and there are usually about 20, and on Services there are about 40 running and about 100 or more stopped services. Thanks for the help

Also on startup now I have a pop up on bottom saying, Failed to connect to a windows service. Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond. And the startup and logon time is really long now

A:Windows 7 can't connect to internet through Wifi or ethernet cable

Sounds like you deleted the network drivers, I did this once and ill be honest unless someone here knows a trick, or you have a CD with drivers you are going to have to have a hell of a time unless you know the name of the hardware and download the right driver, thats my guess. best of luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-cant-connect-to-internet-through-wifi-or-ethernet-cable.200026/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi folks Unable my connection to with Wifi Ethernet or through connect internet the machine is Samsung NP e a installed with windows bit Unable to connect with my internet connection by any means wifi or ethernet One of the senior member of this forum sent Unable to connect with my internet connection through Wifi or Ethernet me a link of Unable to connect with my internet connection through Wifi or Ethernet drivers I uploaded all the drivers again and again The Unable to connect with my internet connection through Wifi or Ethernet laptop has no error message in Control Panels except the D video adaptor which I think isn t related Here is the detail of Network Adaptors installed Bluetooth device personal area network Bluetooth device TDI protocol RFCOMM Realtek PCI GBE family controller Intel Centrino Wireless N Microsoft Virtual minport adaptor Microsoft Virtual minport adaptor I tried to connect via ethernet but it doesn t detect the cable I checked the same cable and router with other computer and its working Wifi networks are available tried to connect my network it asks for password and then gives the message window Windows could not connect to my network The wifi network is working with three other devices One more strange thing bluetooth is also not working although its drivers are showing no error but that I doesn t require at the moment Please help

A:Unable to connect with my internet connection through Wifi or Ethernet

again i will tell you to do the same thing i tell others in same situation. In addition to the driver downloads; try power cycling the modem and router. Unplug the power to both the modem and router and wait about a minute or so; then plug the modem back in first and let that fully boot; then plug the router back in and let that fully boot. Post back if that does not solve the issue; or mark this thread solved if it has.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/327564-unable-connect-my-internet-connection-through-wifi-ethernet.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I have been having a problem the Sony internet won't ethernet) or to (wifi Laptop connect Vaio for a few weeks now and nothing I ve done or come across seems to solve the issue Basically when I try and connect to my wifi netgear router I get a very strong signal but local only access amp an unidentified network I have my desktop amp more laptops running off this router so it can t be that After failing to connect to wifi I tried to use an ethernet connection to try and update my drivers in hope that would fix the wifi problem After plugging the ethernet Sony Vaio Laptop won't connect to the internet (wifi or ethernet) in I was in exactly the same position I kept getting Identifying appear in network connections which then turned to unidentified and wouldn t allow me to connect to Sony Vaio Laptop won't connect to the internet (wifi or ethernet) the internet either The laptop is about - years old I think so I did update the drivers but that didn t do anything either any help would be appreciated Thanks Forgot to Sony Vaio Laptop won't connect to the internet (wifi or ethernet) mention my os is vista nbsp

Relevancy 81.27%

Hi there,

The laptop I have is an asus P550C, windows 7.

This laptop came pre-installed with Mcafee Antivirus protection for a limited amount of time. Wifi was working perfectly fine although there were occasions where the connection would disconnect by itself. After the free-trial ended, I did not want to buy the packaged they were advertising so I went to my Control Panel and uninstalled Mcafee. This was when the problem started to occur. The internet access icon had a red x and when I went to diagnose the problem, it said that I needed to connect via an ethernet cable. Since then, I have connected it with an ethernet and internet works and I have also installed AVG's free antivirus software.

I have tried to
type: ipconfig /flushdns
type: nbtstat -R
type: netsh int reset all
type: netsh int ip reset
type: netsh winsock reset

But I still cannot connect via wifi. Please help

A:Wifi has stopped working but still able to connect to internet via ethernet cable

C:\Users\jay>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : jay-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 54-35-30-05-36-68
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::9dfa:dcc6:3d3b:ae86%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.20(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : March-27-15 4:14:52 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : March-28-15 4:14:52 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 247262843
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1A-51-D7-D4-BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter isatap.{A9DA0935-EE1F-4A59-8A97-DDA13A7DFFEA}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:90d7:2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b(Pref
erred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b%14(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

C:\Users\jay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-has-stopped-working-but-still-able-to-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable.210787/
Relevancy 80.41%

Greetings!

I have an internet connection which is distributed through a wireless router. I use my laptop's (which also has a LAN adapter) WiFi to connect to that router. I have a PC too which only has LAN adapter but not the Wireless adapter.

Unfortunately I cannot wire my place as the router is in my housemate's room. I have network cables though to connect my PC and my laptop. Can I access Internet on my PC using connection between my laptop and PC and my laptop being connected to the Internet via WiFi?

I have DHCP enabled on my WiFi laptop. I am not sure what do I need to do and if I need to give static IP's to all the computers?

Thanks,
AJ
PS - I can access the router settings and I can change those settings unless it hampers my other house-mates to use the Internet.

A:Laptop (wifi Internet w/ethernet facility) connect to PC through CAT5 cable

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wifi-internet-w-ethernet-facility-connect-to-pc-through-cat5-cable.671427/
Relevancy 73.1%

I'm a new Plusnet customer and I cannot connect to the internet using wifi I just get a page saying the broadband is down. So I tried using an ethernet cable and after manually setting this up I can use the internet. I accidentally disconnected the cable yesterday but the internet didn't fault, it's now working wirelessly. I can connect to the wifi using my mobile and iPad but I cannot connect to the internet. A new router has been sent and the problem still persists, a bt engineer has also visited but cannot find a solution.

Can anybody please help me?

A:I can't connect to wifi but connect with an Ethernet cable works, even when it isn't plugged in

It gets confusing as to which device is being used so as a guideline
disable one or the other (wifi vs wired) and don't allow both to be active at the same time. Technically, which ever device gets an IP address from your router will become the gateway to your ISP - - ignoring the connectivity of the second device to access your router.

With a laptop, we just toggle the keyboard to enable/disable wifi and the wired is easy - - just pull the cable out.

create a desktop shortcut to \windows\system32\devmgmt.msc
to control the devices (needs admin access)
expand [+] network adapters and you'll see the list
mine are

Dell Wireless 1502 ....
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Just right-click->disable and you can always right-click->enable

The png posted shows both are enabled and the wired has the gateway.
If the cable is disconnected, this is quite impossible.

SO, first control which device is to be used and then make the connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-connect-to-wifi-but-connect-with-an-ethernet-cable-works-even-when-it-isnt-plugged-in.204891/
Relevancy 72.67%

So a couples of days ago my computer lost connection a few times but it got back up running without any problems yesterday however I had huge problems browsing trough the internet and had problems connecting to pages several times is card. my need broken, I think might ethernet port internet/ethernet but downloading worked just fine but today I m not able to do anything I think my ethernet port is broken, might need internet/ethernet card. it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting but when its connected the connection is so bad that I can t access a single site I know it must be something wrong with my computer because I ve tested two different cables in two different ports and I know one of the cables must work since I have no problems connecting to the internet on my Xbox and all the other computers in the house have no internet problems what so ever including the wireless connection on my laptop and I also run into the same connection problem even in safe mode I noticed that the light on my ethernet port is solid orange but usually it is green and I ve tried to do a virus scan to check if that might be the problem but I doubt it since I haven t accessed any pages I don t usually visit in a while and it didn t find any viruses I have had some problems with the ethernet port before but nothing that was permanent I have experienced that my computer has had connection problems while everyone else in the house have had no problems but after waiting a bit it suddenly reconnects and has worked just fine for many many months and I ve only experienced this problem a couple of times but now even when it says it is connected I still have no connection So if the ethernet port is broken should I just buy a ethernet internet card My mobo is a Asus P Z -V Pro Gen I ve had it for about - months and I m running Win nbsp

A:I think my ethernet port is broken, might need internet/ethernet card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-think-my-ethernet-port-is-broken-might-need-internet-ethernet-card.1114019/
Relevancy 72.24%

Just to start off I am COMPLETELY clueless and have no tech savvy whatsoever so simple language would be appreciated I ve owned this laptop for a little over a year and all this time I ve been able to connect to Wifi without a problem This morning the icon at the bottom left of but Laptop with Ethernet will Wifi, won't cord an to My connect connect the screen told me there was no Internet connection available when I troubleshot it it suggested using the Ethernet cord to connect The Ethernet cord connects them fine and the internet connection becomes available but I m still unable to use the Wifi This is an issue with my laptop because all the other devices My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord in my house are able to connect to the Wifi and the modem is showing all the appropriate lights and such I ve tried turning it off and on again but alas this once that method has failed I ve also tried resetting the modem and it made no difference Last night I was uninstalling various programs that I didn t need and that s the only thing I ve done differently to my usual computing habits I don t think I removed anything unless I knew what it was but it s possible I accidently removed something important I don t know if that has any relevance or not but it s all I can think of as the reason for this My laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio and the system I use is Windows My modem is Telstra Bigpond Please help D nbsp

A:My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord

How far from the router are you? I experience the same thing occasionally on my laptop.
I usually have to switch the wifi switch off on the laptop & on then I reboot & I'm back online. My laptop & tower are both about 50' away & on the lower floor where the router is. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-wifi-but-will-connect-with-an-ethernet-cord.197531/
Relevancy 71.38%

on my alternate computer, im running windows xp. when i finally got it up and running, the internet ports are not being recognized BECAUSE they are not installed. i went back to the windows xp installation disk to try and find the start up installation drivers, but to no avail. can anyone help....PLOX!!!

A:installation drivers for ethernet port

What's the make and model of problem PC?

You will need to access the manufacturer's website from a working computer to download and install the needed drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installation-drivers-for-ethernet-port.1103784/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi one of my friends is trying to get the internet in his new house and encountered problems and as he s computer to ethernet Do I install Solved: need drivers new port? for illiterate he asked me to see if I can fix it for him He s trying to set up a wireless connection with Talk Talk They sent him a D-Link box and disc but when I tried to set it up I got an error screen saying quot Ethernet port not detected quot and it suggested that I check in Network Connections and enable it But Solved: Do I need to install new drivers for ethernet port? there is nothing in Network Connections Odd There is on my laptop but my ethernet port works fine so that makes sense I guess He used to go online on his computer but he used a USB port so I don t think there is any other issue with the PC It s Windows XP and the motherboard is a GeForce -m I m guessing that it needs new drivers which is why it isn t working But when I went to device manager expecting to see a yellow exclamation mark I saw nothing there at all In fact I don t even see a section for Network Adaptors like there is on mine So do you think it s the drivers or could it be something else And if it is the drivers could someone be so kind as to link me to a site that will provide me with them and a short explanation as to how I d install them Normally I d just give it a shot but it s not my machine so I don t want to risk it Especially as he s my landlord I hope this all made sense and I gave enough details I only vaguely understand what I m talking about nbsp

Relevancy 70.09%

Hey guys-

Okay, so recently i reformatted my computer and have been unable to figure out how to update my ethernet port drivers.. I realize that it should not be that hard to figure out, but i'm stuck

basic info about my computer:

Dell XPS 600
Media Center 2005 Edition with Service Pack 2

Basically, i was able to download drivers for my wireless card off of a friends computer and just transferred them over to mine.

right now, under my device manager for my network adapters, two things show up.

one is my Linksys Wireless-N USB Network Adapter WUSB300N

the other says 1394 Adapter

Where do i go from here? i cannot seem to figure out where to download from on the Dell site, as entering my service tag got me nowhere.. unless i am looking for the wrong thing? Anyone have any ideas?

Relevancy 70.09%

Hello all I have a problem with my ethernet port installed) drivers not Ethernet working and port (enabled on my Ethernet port not working (enabled and drivers installed) workstation The computer crashed so i reformatted it with a fresh install of WinXp Pro Here are the system specs Symantec Endpoint Protection Windows Firewall Service Pack Network User - Logged on as Administrator on Network Domain Internet comes from modem to port switch to workstation all other stations work fine even with SP Core Duo gb ram Asus P GC mobo Before the internet was working before I reformatted it Now I cant connect to internet network or anything else The network cable is unplugged icon is on at the bottom right corner of the screen I have tried numerous versions of the ethernet driver and nothing helps I have tried setting up a manual connection for broadband connection and nothing works i am assuming it is a software problem because nothing physically happened to the ethernet plug or port I even tried plugging in a different ethernet cable into the pc and still nothing I am thinking it might have somthing to do with SP or some kind of setting not allowing it to be used I checked Device Manager it is working properly and enabled Im stumpted if anyone can help I would appreciate it nbsp

A:Ethernet port not working (enabled and drivers installed)

Send jobeard a pm and ask him to look into this thread

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ethernet-port-not-working-enabled-and-drivers-installed.112082/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi,

I have a network printer that used to connect to a switch, which connected to a single computer. The idea was that you can connect other laptops to the switch and then share the printer.

But no one ever does that and I needed the switch for something else so I removed it and connected the printer directly to the computer. It doesn't work.

What do I have to do to get this direct connection to work? Or does this absolutely require a switch?

A:Connect a printer directly to one computer's Ethernet port?

Hi,

You will need to change the connecting cable from a straight one to a crossover cable. OK?

What are Straight and Crossover Cables

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/294186-connect-printer-directly-one-computers-ethernet-port.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi all,

I am trying to connect a cnc machine to a PC (win 7) with no wires.

The machine has the capability to see files on the PC when hard wired with an Ethernet cable. The machine is given the ip address and folder location (on the PC), and it looks at this folder from which files can be loaded into the machines memory.

I want to get rid of the Ethernet cable as it has to run across the workshop.

Can anyone tell me the best, easiest way to do this??
I figured using a wireless dongle or router in place of the hard wire. Not sure how to set this up?
Given the controller is not a windows pc does this change the way in which it must be set up?? As stated above, the machine can see the windows folder when hardwired.

Please help.

Thanks in Advance,

Charlie.

A:How to connect ethernet port of machine wireless to network

What do you have to start with? By this I mean does the cnc machine have Wi-Fi capability? If not, can you add it? Does the PC have Wi-Fi capability? Do you have a wireless router or wireless access point?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-connect-ethernet-port-of-machine-wireless-to-network.1152152/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi all
I would appreciate any help to sort this one out.
I am going to buy a Netgear DG834 ADSL Router,Modem,firewalled and 10/100 mbps switch.
Wired not wireless Ethernet.
Due to my two GPU's and soundcard I have no room on my ASUS a8n32 mobo to fit anymore pci cards. But I have Two RJ-45 lan ports supported by Marvel Gigabit lan controller.
Will I be able to fit the Modem/router to the RJ-45 lan ports.
Best regards
Rex

A:Solved: Connect ADSL Ethernet modem to aRJ-45 port

Sure, that's what they're there for. No reason not to use them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connect-adsl-ethernet-modem-to-arj-45-port.534869/
Relevancy 69.66%

Our house was pre-wired with cat e cable to all rooms but we have never tried to use them until we had fios installed this week Each room has an outlet with rj and coax The Fios router was installed in the closet next to the port cat5e connect won't ethernet to router in cable wire distribution center and cat5e cable won't connect to ethernet port in router when I plug in the cat e cable with an rj connector into the router nothing happens - no light on the router indicating that it recognizes the connection The ethernet connection in the room has the same result - the pc laptop and xbox all were all connected cat5e cable won't connect to ethernet port in router and none of them recognized the ethernet connection I pulled out the outlet plate in the room and the cat e cable is numbered the same as the cat e cable on the other end in the wire distribution closet and I see that they have split the cat e wiring for ethernet and phone pairs to one rj one pair to the other and left the brown pair out which sounds right based on what I have read online about splitting cat wiring for phone ethernet into an rj connector But the online instructions also say that each end of the cable should match and the connector that goes into the wireless router has all wires attached to the rj I would really like to take advantage of the ethernet wiring in the upstairs rooms so that I don t have to buy a wireless card for the pc and the xbox but am not sure about how to check the rj connections I borrowed a cable tester from my neighbor and it shows a red light which indicates a problem but I don t know on which end of the cable Then there is the crossover cable that I read about online where you switch pins if you are not connecting to a hub So is a router a hub As you can see I am not a networking expert but am trying to understand what the problem is before calling in the pros who charge for a service call and an hour I m wondering if I have to buy the tools to strip the cable and punch the wires into the new connector if I may be better off calling someone to do it for me or just buying the wireless cards Thanks for any help you can give me nbsp

A:cat5e cable won't connect to ethernet port in router

You don't need a cross-over cable. A hub, switch and router are similar devices; you do not use a cross-over to connect a computer to any of those. That's the easy part.

You are correct that you only need 4 wires for ethernet (gigabit = 1000 Mbps, however, uses 8). If the correct 4 wires are connected at each end, and they are not broken in the middle somewhere, they should work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cat5e-cable-wont-connect-to-ethernet-port-in-router.917774/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello please help me i have a problem with my Laptop that can't connect ethernet, can LAN, (wireless), USB Can't WIFI connect to my home wifi Another notebook can connect no problem handphone and ipod no problem only this laptop I've just bought the laptop day after that i dont know why become limited and then after i try many way from google become cannot connect to my wifi now already week I CAN CONNECT to my wifi if i bring the modem wifi really near with my laptop and sometimes limited Can't connect WIFI (wireless), ethernet, LAN, USB can sometimes 'connected' but really super slow connection internet i tried from my phone the internet connection good I have wifi in my home the Modem wifi and via USB connect to the ROuter TP-LINK I have tried the third wifi from another person which Can't connect WIFI (wireless), ethernet, LAN, USB can is same type with my modem wifi but still can connect I wonder why I have installed the latest drive in hp website tried changed previous driver re installed times whatever way i can find in google this is the last resort maybe These are the descriptions product HP -r tx windows pro WMC bit driver Ralink RT bgn Wi-Fi Adapter provider mediatek version driver date hardware ids PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS EC C amp REV PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS EC C PCI VEN amp DEV amp CC PCI VEN amp DEV amp CC when I connected to ITEZA with superslow connection i tried the troubleshoot problems sometimes it says my connection of router is broken sometimes DNS sometimes nothing particular when Can't connect WIFI (wireless), ethernet, LAN, USB can i tried repairing the computer via quot F - gt boot CD- gt klik repair - gt troubleshoot- gt check conflict there is conflic which is quot net x sys quot if I am not mistaken and that is my driver so i unistall and change the drivers and still no solution Please can anyone help me I'd really appreciate it

A:Can't connect WIFI (wireless), ethernet, LAN, USB can

If this is a new, 1 week old laptop, I would contact tech support for help. You may have a defective wifi adapter. If it is defective, it should be covered under warranty.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/62349-cant-connect-wifi-wireless-ethernet-lan-usb-can.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi guys,
I have an issue I would like to resolve. I will try to be as clear and precised as possible.
I'm only allowed to one device to an internet. My laptop connects directly to internet WiFi. So the laptop (Windows 10) serves as a hotspot. But I have two other devices I want to connect. A PC (Windows 7) via Ethernet and a smartphone via WiFi.
Right now, I can either share the WiFi in laptop to the PC by bridging, or to smartphone via hospot, but NOT both at the same time. I want to connect both like this;

What should I do?

Thanks

A:I need to connect both Ethernet and WiFi to a Hotspot.

Originally Posted by wtenten

Hi guys,
I have an issue I would like to resolve. I will try to be as clear and precised as possible.
I'm only allowed to one device to an internet. My laptop connects directly to internet WiFi. So the laptop (Windows 10) serves as a hotspot. But I have two other devices I want to connect. A PC (Windows 7) via Ethernet and a smartphone via WiFi.
Right now, I can either share the WiFi in laptop to the PC by bridging, or to smartphone via hospot, but NOT both at the same time. I want to connect both like this;

What should I do?

Thanks

Your wifi is solved but for the ethernet part, you would need a wifi to ethernet adapter like this one.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/47609-i-need-connect-both-ethernet-wifi-hotspot.html
Relevancy 69.23%

My problem started the day of the big cyber attack on the internet. Coincidence?

I am having the same problem as this poster

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629989/cant-connect-to-the-internet-via-wifi-but-can-with-cable/

I've tried everything mentioned in that thread to no avail.

I have Windows 7 - 64 bit.
Vaio vgn-z610y which is 7 yr old.

Went to Device manager.. First deleted, then I updated the  driver for Intel Wifi 5100 AGN.. Then I went to the Sony site and found another driver update.

I don't see a place in Bios.to enable wireless.

The Windows Mobility utility didn't fix the problem.

I don't know what else to try..The Netgear WNR1000 v4 router is new and wifi works on my tablet..

I've removed the battery from the laptop.

I don't have a restore point so maybe I have a virus? I've run Malwarebytes, , Awdcleaner, Avast, Tdsskiller,

Please HELP!

Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630521/cant-connect-to-wifi-but-can-use-ethernet-cable/
Relevancy 69.23%

Greetings, for some reason, I have not been able to connect to modem, with hi speed internet, just wifi,can someone please help me with this. I have connected Samsung support  several times, they had said it was a driver, and after many attempts were able to update the driver, toredo tunneling , system worked for a short time, then reverted to wifi. Thanks to anyone who can help.
 Samsung NP300 Laptop
 4 gig mem, intel premium processor, Windows Home Premium version with SP1, 64 bit program

Thanks,
   Jim

A:Please help, can not connect to modem with ethernet , just wifi

What's your Ethernet setup? Modem to router to PC?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/553133/please-help-can-not-connect-to-modem-with-ethernet-just-wifi/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello- I am trying to troubleshoot a network connectivity issue for my Mom amp Dad's laptop It is an HP -bit running Windows Up until this morning it was able ethernet-can wifi Can't see connect networks or with to connect to wi-fi My mother was on the internet with no problems They have my-fi with AT amp T and my dad's laptop and tablet connect fine We have tried restarting the HPtaking the battery out uninstalling the wi-fi network adapter restarting and letting it reinstallforgetting the networkmanually adding the network back Can't connect with wifi or ethernet-can see networks in and nothing worked So I took the laptop back to my house and connected it directly into my router via Ethernet cable but to my surprise it showed connected but no internet connection I ran the troubleshooter and it Can't connect with wifi or ethernet-can see networks said that quot Ethernet quot doesn't have a valid IP config I restarted the laptop with the ethernet plugged in but it came back up with limited connectivity and the same error message I tried connecting to my wifi at my house and again it sees the various networks but will not connect I get a message when I hit the connect button that it is Checking network requirements but then after about - seconds it says Can't connect to this network All of the other laptops pc's tablets and phones are connecting just fine I used to work on a help desk about years ago but the only Windows experience I have is with their laptop so I am a complete idiot when comes to Windows and I'm very rusty when it comes to everything else so please be gentle I have gone thru the forums looking for the same issue and have found several similar either without a solution or the solution has not worked for me If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it Thanks- Sandi

A:Can't connect with wifi or ethernet-can see networks

-are all of the drivers for the adapter up to date?
-have you tried doing a full master reset on the router?

If your fathers internet is fine but the mothers is not it has to be with the adapter somehow. I have had adapters in the past that randomly start to quirk up and then randomly start working fine before it can be strange I know. How old is this adapter anyway? Most adapters ( with heavy use of course ) only lasts around six months to a year, with moderate use they generally do good for about up to about five years.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/49356-cant-connect-wifi-ethernet-can-see-networks.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello,
I really need help, please

So, 3 days ago I was connected to my wifi through wireless just fine
But now, whenever I try to connect, it says "unable to connect"
The signal is fine, the password is right, it would try "connecting" but ends up "unable to connect"
Been working fine all along and suddenly this occur

So, I tried to plug in the LAN cable and through the ethernet, it could connect fine!!

I have no idea why this is! PLEASE HELP!!

My computer: WINDOWS XP (32 bit/Home Edition/Version 2002/Service Pack 3)
Wireless: Intel PROSet/Wireless 14.3.1

A:Could not connect to wifi through wireless but could with LAN ethernet

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/could-not-connect-to-wifi-through-wireless-but-could-with-lan-ethernet.198992/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello, I've been trying to connect my internet to the WIFI, but it keeps saying that I need to connect it to the Ethernet. My wifi button is orange, and even if i press it to airplane mode and back, it still is orange and not white. I tried to restart my computer a few times and it still won't connect saying there isn't any WIFI available. I'm using my sister's laptop and obviously the internet is working overall but just not my laptop. When I am at home in Madison, I use my laptop with ethernet, but when i'm at my parents house, i use the wifi and it usually works fine and connect right away but its not working right now.

A:Wifi not working, wants to connect to ethernet

Hello @NemoVang, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I came across your post about the WiFi issue, and wanted to help!  I understand that usually the notebook will connect, but not currently. To start, can you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number:HP Customer Support - Products First, try reviewing the following steps, offered by community member @Great-Deku-Tree: First, we have a step by step guide to walk you through the troubleshooting process here: Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection A second option, is to try these steps:Powercycle the network:1. Shut down your notebook.2. Unplug the power to your router.3. Unplug the power to your modem.4. Wait at least 45 seconds.5. Plug in the modem, and wait for it to come back online.6. Plug in the router, and wait for it to come back online.7. Turn on your notebook, and test your connection.Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)2. Expand the Network adapters.3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.4. Click the Power Management tab.5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.6. Click OK.7. Test.Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.Reinstall the network adapter drivers:1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.3. Expand Network adapters.4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.6. Restart your PC and test.Test an ethernet connection:Self explanatory. Test if the issue persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas.Test another connection:Many people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network.If those three steps do not resolve the issue, try this document published by Microsoft for networking issues: Wired and wireless network problems. You can change the operating system with the dropdown in the upper-right corner of the document. Source: Common fixes for wireless connectivity issues. Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-not-working-wants-to-connect-to-ethernet/td-p/5666395
Relevancy 68.37%

Hey guys I while to WIFI being able Can't to ethernet connect connect to m new to this forum and wasn t sure where to post this question but I decided to put it here as it seems to be where most people have had internet queries I m a bit perplexed at the moment For the last few days I ve been trying to somehow fix my internet problem I scoured other forums for similar questions and tried all the things they ve said and still had no luck so I ve run out of options and decided to Can't connect to ethernet while being able to connect to WIFI set up this Can't connect to ethernet while being able to connect to WIFI account and ask myself I have a virgin media super hub Recently the ethernet cable wouldn t connect I tried other ethernet cables to see if it was due to me breaking it and no luck Not sure if it s a coincidence or not but at the same time I also wasn t able to connect to the ghz supplied by the router So I m left with ghz wireless at the moment My friend also can t connect to the ghz on the router so it might be something to do with the router rather than my laptop but I m not sure what would have caused it in the last few days it s a new router hub too only about a month old I think generally you re supposed to post your ipconfig Which I ll post if asked I ve tried flushing the DNS ipconfig renew release etc So i m really stuck for ideas nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

Hello all I changed my router access password and wireless WPA Pre-Shared key today by logging in at After that I realized that my wireless would still connect but it wouldn t load up webpages quickly or at all for that matter I tried to troubleshoot just based on the things I know to do e g flushdns winsock fix release renew wireless adapter properties changing the preferred and alternate DNS servers etc When I still was able to connect to wireless I ran troubleshooter It came back that it was properly configured by the DNS server was not responding I m writing this connect won't with Ethernet connect Wifi Can post with my ethernet Can connect with Ethernet Wifi won't connect cable in my computer because wireless won t even connect anymore It says RCA on the physical router but when Can connect with Ethernet Wifi won't connect I login it says quot Thomson quot Can someone help Thanks Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA NBWAA Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

Hi So I decided to reformat my Toshiba laptop today I download the Windows Home Premiumm via wifi // Can't or ethernet Reformatted to connect Windows x bit ISO file from here I didn't upgrade just a reformat as the laptop was getting clouded in rubbish Download Official Windows SP ISO bit bit Reformatted Windows // Can't connect to wifi or via ethernet from Microsoft Booted from USB installation went went as expected After completion I can't find any networks it doesn't find any Wifi networks and even when I connect Ethernet cable from the router it doesn't detect it at all Now before reformatting both wifi and ethernet worked without problems and right now both wifi and that ethernet work with my desktop Because Reformatted Windows // Can't connect to wifi or via ethernet of that I can only guess it might be drivers missing so laptop can't find the networks But I am bit lost in which are missing if that is the problem at all The laptops name is Toshiba Sattelite Here is the screen from the network panel Any help possible Thanks in advance and Kind Regards

A:Reformatted Windows // Can't connect to wifi or via ethernet

Look in Change Adapter Settings, is your wifi adapter listed and enabled? If you see it and is enabled, try the troubleshooter...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/352763-reformatted-windows-cant-connect-wifi-via-ethernet.html
Relevancy 68.37%

So here I am sitting on my desktop Vista machine Acer Aspire M model being able to connect to my D-Link wifi router by ONLY using a Belkin wifi dongle I Connect dongle Only cable Can using ethernet WiFi & not via cannot get my machine to connect with an ethernet cable I have tried several different cable but still no joy When I go Can Only Connect using WiFi dongle & not via ethernet cable to 'Network amp Sharing' centre in Vista I can see the Belkin Wifi connection which is obviously how I am being able to connect and type this but the wired connection just constantly says 'Unidentified' - Local Access Only Just to add some more info - I also went to the Command Prompt and typed in ipconfig renew and Can Only Connect using WiFi dongle & not via ethernet cable after a few seconds got the follwing reply 'An error occurred while renewing interface Wired Connection unable to contact your DHCP server Request timed out An error occured while releasing interface Loopback Pseudo-Interface The system cannot find the file specified Ethernet adaptor Wired Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link Local IPv Address f e ec b bd e Autoconfiguration IPv Address Subnet Mask Default gateway fe ea c cff e Can anyone help me out here

A:Can Only Connect using WiFi dongle & not via ethernet cable

....anybody?!?! Over 100 views and nobody has any idea on a possible fix?!

I also noticed a post further down which has had over 10,000 views and only 7 reponses...not holding out much hope....!!!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/298275-can-only-connect-using-wifi-dongle-not-via-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 68.37%

how to get these drivers? on windows developer preview i can get on the internet but when i load win 7 it just doesn't have the drivers? help?

A:Win 7 wont connect to Ethernet or detect wifi

Log onto W7 and screenshot device manager (showing missing drivers), and also network connection section.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/188339-win-7-wont-connect-ethernet-detect-wifi.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Does not connect or see any networks

A:My new hp envy does not connect to wifi or via ethernet cabl...

Hi, What is your Hp envy model 3165NGW ?  Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-new-hp-envy-does-not-connect-to-wifi-or-via-ethernet/td-p/5798196
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi,

I tired to allow my windows 7 laptop to print over the network, and after 3 hours gave up as nothing seemed to work. I must have done something because now i can not connect to WI FI at all or Ethernet.

It says on the system tray Not connected and below that connections available, and under wireless network connection it says it is connected to my wireless connection but i can not connect.

Please any help would be good, i have no Home group with, not sure if this is something i did, it's all a blur to me.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

A:Cannot not connect to WIFI or ethernet after trying to config network.

Have you tried plugging in an ethernet cable to your router directly to see if you connect?
Have you factory reset or power cycled your modem?
What configs did you change if any? Do you remember?

On my laptops...if it shows connections available but unable to connect resetting the modem usually fixes it up

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/250099-cannot-not-connect-wifi-ethernet-after-trying-config-network.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi I m having issues with or no ethernet using but can LAN connectivity via connect WiFi Limited my modem Anyways the problem started when I purchased a Linksys Wrt G Limited or no connectivity using LAN ethernet but can connect via WiFi router I was connecting to the internet using LAN ethernet okay I tried setting up a wifi connection in my home Limited or no connectivity using LAN ethernet but can connect via WiFi using the linksys wrt g router Everything was working fine until after two days when I suddenly can t connect to the internet on my linksys I tried to directly connect my modem through the ethernet to check if the problem was with my ISP LAN says limited or no connectivity I tried plugging the modem through my laptop I found out that my laptop can connect to the internet using ethernet so the problem was not with my ISP I had to reset my linksys router and set it up all over again Wifi connection was okay again After three days I can t get any connection again I tried directly connecting the modem again to my laptop to check but my laptop says limited or no connectivity I tried connecting directly to the ethernet on my PC it says limited or no connectivity again I tried resetting the Linksys router again and set up my connection again hoping against hope and miraculously I was able to connect Now there seems to be a problem with my LAN connections both on my PC and laptop and it seems that only my linksys router can communicate with my modem everytime I had to do a reset I tried reseting tcp stack etc But my LAN connection is still limited or no connectivity Any help would be appreciated BTW my modem is a motorola surfboard modem nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

Every time I connect to my ethernet, windows 7 will NOT disable the wifi. Is it a driver issue or what?

A:Disable Wifi when connect via ethernet in windows 7

I don't think it's a driver issue, but just how windows works. Every laptop I've had does that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/216336-disable-wifi-when-connect-via-ethernet-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello all, Had to replace a dead hard drive and just installed a new one along with Windows 7 on my niece's Envy Touchsmart M6-k022dx. Can anyone recommend working Windows 7 drivers for this model. I was thinking i only need to get the ethernet/wifi working so that i can update the laptop to Windows 10 and then install the drivers from the drivers page. ANy recommendation is greatly appreciated.  Thanks,

A:Network (Ethernet/WiFi) drivers for HP Envy Touchsmart M6-k0...

Hi: Chipset:  Install the amd chipset drivers and restart the PC.  You want the first file listed on the webpage. http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows%207%20-%2064 Graphics:  Install the graphics driver from AMD and restart the PC.  You want the 1st driver listed on the webpage. http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy3&os=Windows%207%20-%2064 Ethernet:  This package provides the driver for the Realtek Ethernet Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74001-74500/sp74233.exe Wireless: This package contains the driver installation package for the Ralink wireless LAN Controllers in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71525.exe Bluetooth: This package contains the driver installation package for the MediaTek/Ralink Bluetooth in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp70501-71000/sp70570.exe Card reader:  Download, unzip and run the setup application from the 1st file on the list. http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=15&PFid=25&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT... Touchpad:  Use the W8 driver from your PC's support page. Webcam: This package contains the CyberLink YouCam Software for the supported notebook models and operating systems. CyberLink YouCam is a webcam application that enables users to capture images and video from a web camera and apply visual effects to captured images and video. http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp65501-66000/sp65795.exe If you had already upgraded to W10 and it was succesfully activated, you can clean install W10 without having to install W7 and upgrade it again. When you get to the W10 installation window, just select the I don't have a product key option and W10 should install and automatically reactivate since microsoft has a record of your PC having been previously upgraded to W10.     

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Network-Ethernet-WiFi-drivers-for-HP-Envy-Touchsmart-M6/td-p/5818009
Relevancy 67.94%

Sir actually i am from india my brother purchased my hp envy m6 w103dx laptop in april 2016 from united states.on 27th sep. I updated my windows 10 which was given with the laptop at the time of purchasing. After that my system wifi and Ethernet drivers are not working. I went to service centre and they told my recovery media has currupted and i have no recovery cd.they are saying that they cant help because i purchased it from US. What i should do now and infact its 5 month gurentee also remaining.please reply if anyone has any solution.its urgent..

A:Wifi Ethernet drivers are not working Recovery media also c...

Hi, What is your laptop ? Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108 You have to order from the US.  Please use the following instructions:      http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07143Regards.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Wifi-Ethernet-drivers-are-not-working-Recovery-media-also/td-p/5794952
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi installed Windows 8.1 and had no problems. All drivers seemed to install themselves automatically. Then I realized neither of the dual Ethernet ports are installed and neither show up in device manager. Are there some updated win 8 drivers for this board that Im missing?

System info
q6600
Asus P5K Deluxe Wifi/AP edition
G Skill DDR2 Mem
Win8.1

One of the ethernet cards is named Marvell Yukon but Im not sure of the other.

WEBSITE FOR THE BOARD HERE

A:Ethernet drivers for ASUS P5k Deluxe Wifi-AP Windows 8.1

From Motherboards - P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP - ASUS your board has these 2 LAN adapters:
Marvell88E8056? PCI-E LAN controllers
RealtekRTL8110SC? PCI LAN controller
Should find drivers on Motherboards - P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP - ASUS .
Downside is having to download on a different computer first, at least until one LAN is working.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/59274-ethernet-drivers-asus-p5k-deluxe-wifi-ap-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I have a slightly different setup so I'm hoping somebody might have some suggestions on what I can try.

I have Comcast Xfinity Internet and a Motorola SB6121 model - have all worked great for years no problems.

I have the modem in my garage with a wifi router and a router for various rooms in my house. My home computer is in an office and previously I had a wired connection that worked great.

I changed wifi router to a new Netgear and the internet connection from the modem is working, the wifi is working, but my home computers ethernet connection will no longer connect...

Any thoughts on what to try other than powering off and on model / routers / computer which I have tried?

Mike

A:Changed wifi router, now ethernet doesnt connect - Win 8.1

You can only have one router on your network. For extending coverage, you use Access Points

As for the Ethernet problem, go back and double check your connections to the router.

If you cascaded routers in what are called "Edge Routers". Changing your first router, without any changes on the others can be why you only have a connection to one router and not out to the Internet.

It is really easier to show someone what they did wrong, then explain on a forum.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/70367-changed-wifi-router-now-ethernet-doesnt-connect-win-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi everyone
I have an Acer aspire one netbook, model D255 which operates on Windows 7.
Having trouble connecting to wifi connections. It worked fine initially, I tried turning the wifi switch on and off, it tells me that there are no wifi connections available, however everyone else Is able to connect via Wifi on their computers and myself without a problem on other devices.
On troubleshooting it's says - that an Ethernet cable is broken or not plugged in
properly, and is unable to fix the problem, as obviously I am not connected via any cable.
I looked in network and it says that the Ethernet cable is unplugged and does not show any available networks.
Urgent help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Relevancy 67.94%

I am a new member and have never ever posted before on any forum but am totally confused and lost here I know some about computers 2 directly Connect Help!! laptop wifi w/1 laptops w/ethernet and had both my laptops Help!! Connect 2 laptops directly w/ethernet w/1 laptop wifi connected for whole day before I made the mistake and turned them off at the end of the day now can t remember Help!! Connect 2 laptops directly w/ethernet w/1 laptop wifi how to get it to work again please how do I connect them directly together with a ethernet cable so that I am able to connect to the internet from both One is Windows Media xp and is built in wireless my other one is also xp but doesn t have built in wifi and I broke my netgear adapter so unable to connect We run off the internet wifi offered free from where we live so how do I solve this issue p s no modem or router available to use and I am homebound disabled can someone walk me through the steps of creating a network for home and whatever else I need to do to fix this Thanks nbsp

A:Help!! Connect 2 laptops directly w/ethernet w/1 laptop wifi

After connecting them together by ethernet enable Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) on the wireless connection that has internet access. You can probably also bridge the wireless and ethernet connections, but to say that I'm making the assumption that you are not restricted to only one IP address on your free Wi-Fi. I haven't given any more details, since I assume this will jog your memory of which you did yesterday.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-connect-2-laptops-directly-w-ethernet-w-1-laptop-wifi.964336/
Relevancy 67.94%

I have recently bought a router, the Fritz.Box Home Server 1&1 VDSL. I have set it up via wifi and can connect to the internet without a problem.
However, I would like to connect my PC to the router via LAN.
When I put the LAN cable into my PC and the router, both my PC and my router react and tell me there is a connection but they do not recognize each other. The router says there is something in LAN1 and the PC says there is a LAN cable without a connection. I cannot access the router via LAN, only via wifi.
My PC uses the Killer Network 2200e driver, I tried removing it and then manually adding it again, it did not work. My IPv4 settings seem fine, too, I have no idea what to do now.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/ethernet-wont-connect-to-router-wifi-works-fine-1103938.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I have recently bought a router, the Fritz.Box Home Server 1&1 VDSL. I have set it up via wifi and can connect to the internet without a problem.
However, I would like to connect my PC to the router via LAN.
When I put the LAN cable into my PC and the router, both my PC and my router react and tell me there is a connection but they do not recognize each other. The router says there is something in LAN1 and the PC says there is a LAN cable without a connection. I cannot access the router via LAN, only via wifi.
My PC uses the Killer Network 2200e driver, I tried removing it and then manually adding it again, it did not work. My IPv4 settings seem fine, too, I have no idea what to do now.

A:Ethernet won't connect to router, wifi works fine

and welcome to the Forum

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found, here's how

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type or copy and paste the following command:

ipconfig/all > 0 & notepad 0

and press enter.

Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/ethernet-wont-connect-to-router-wifi-works-fine-1103938.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Windows user with my card will wifi connect ethernet no longer connected; recommended Windows updates up wifi connected; ethernet card will no longer connect to date except as removed by system restore mentioned below Samsung NP P C laptop Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller A couple of weeks ago I noticed that I no longer had a wired connection on my laptop only the wifi For ages I've run with both connected wifi connected; ethernet card will no longer connect it prioritized the wire and I never had a problem but the wired connection dropped out and will not come back to life even if I disconnect from the wifi I spent a lot of time over the past few days doing online research didn't want to get too aggressive but here is what I have tried Give the ethernet card's MAC address a static IP on the gateway Actiontec router provided by Verizon Attempt to configure the IPv properties on the ethernet card to use the right default gateway and mask these have gone south as you'll see in my ipconfig dump below ipconfig release and renew - renew never completed New cable that was my first try New driver Fell back to old driver System Restore back to the beginning of the month The router is also new Verizon sent me a new one which I installed at the beginning of this week No improvement I have to admit that I didn't dig deep into these settings while using the old router because it was also dropping wifi a couple of times a day and so I thought it was just failing At first it would not recognize the cable but then I read somewhere to adjust the speed and duplex from Auto detect to just anything else in the list to see if one worked and when I chose gbps and full duplex the adapter woke up and I could see the light on the router come on for the connected port However it doesn't recognize the network how disloyal it's been using it for years I can now also see the computer listed on the router's page of network connections However the computer thinks this is an unknown public network with no connectivity Here is my ipconfig dump I made some notes in red and the bolded items strike me as WRONG Windows IP Configuration Host Name CarolineSamsung Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List domain actdsltmp Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection do not know what this is Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address C - - -E -C -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection I have a bluetooth device I sometimes use maybe this is that Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address C - - -E -C -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet HERE IS MY PROBLEM CHILD Connection-specific DNS Suffix should be something here yes Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -B -C - - C-AA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b f a e Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- -A -C -C - - -E -C -E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi working rock solid so far Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain actdsltmp Description Intel R Centrino R Advanced-N Physical Address C - - -E -C -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cc c f e c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday June PM Lease Expires Thursday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- -A -C -C - - -E -C -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap C BEA-B B- -AF - D B C FE don't know what these tunnel things are Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adap... Read more

A:wifi connected; ethernet card will no longer connect

Most likely you screwed something up either on the IP for the Ethernet card on your computer, or did it on your Gateway. Check out ezlan.net for further info how to do what you want to do.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/67805-wifi-connected-ethernet-card-will-no-longer-connect.html
Relevancy 67.51%

LAN port doesn't connect to WiFi extender Windows Pro bit Supermicro X DTU-F with Intel port Cable modem Wireless router NETGEAR WNDR Extender NETGEAR WN RP I connect wirelessly WiFi to the router I can use a USB WiFi adapter but it's slow Using the extender connect doesn't extender? WiFi to LAN port is twice as fast So I'm connected via an ethernet cable from my computer's LAN port to the extender The extender uses the GHz channel to the wireless router I disable the extender as a WiFi access point since I'm only connecting through the LAN port Problem is Apparently some configuration is arbitrarily lost or takes time to rebuild after restarting my PC or after some other event My guess is that the LAN port has trouble reconnecting to the extender Or maybe the extender LAN port doesn't connect to WiFi extender? has to reconnect with the router after an extended period of no traffic nbsp I tried updating the motherboard's LAN driver but seems it's the most current version I leave the extender on and it still happens LAN port doesn't connect to WiFi extender? nbsp I could use some leads Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b7c1a0e5-9403-44f3-ac67-e962d79f5d12/lan-port-doesnt-connect-to-wifi-extender?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi everyone Been having this issue for months now and while I have a band-aid solution it doesn t or connect Cannot (automatically using Solved: Ethernet with WiFi obtain...) IPv4 work all the time I have a Lenovo Thinkpad X with Windows The wireless adapter is Lenovo b g Wireless LAN Mini PCI Express Adapter III The ethernet is Intel R LM Gigabit Network Connection and I also have an Android tethering thing set up PDANet Broadband Adapter The issue is this I ve been able to connect to WiFi with no problem for a while and then all of a sudden I keep on getting quot Limited Availability quot and Solved: Cannot connect with WiFi or Ethernet using IPv4 (automatically obtain...) can no longer get internet I had an IT friend look at my computer and he said that for some reason I can no longer Solved: Cannot connect with WiFi or Ethernet using IPv4 (automatically obtain...) obtain IP address automatically This applies to BOTH Wifi and Ethernet cable both at home and at any other router I log into friend s house coffee shopts etc Sometimes it works if I can guess the IP range of the router like the standard xxx but sometimes even with the right IP address manually input I still have limited connectivity with both WiFi and ethernet For some strange reason my PDA Net tethering works Other than just reinstalling my Windows again is there any other way I can get this to start obtaining IP addresses automatically again Oh also when I tried using quot netsh int ip reset reset log quot and quot netsh winsock reset catalog quot I get error messages like quot The requested operation requires elevation lt Run as administrator gt Resetting Interface failed quot Even though when I check my user profile I m set as an administrator Here is some information about my IP stuff Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description b g Wireless LAN Mini PCI Express Adapt er III Physical Address - - - - B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description PdaNet Broadband Adapter Physical Address - - -BD- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R LM Gigabit Network Connecti on Physical Address - F- - - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Bernie gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users gt ping Pinging with bytes of data PING transmit failed General failure PING transmit failed General failure PING transmit failed General failure PING transmit failed General failure Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users gt ping yahoo com Ping request could not find host yahoo com Please check the name and try again C Users Bernie gt netsh int ip reset reset log Reseting Global failed The requested operation requires elevation Run as administrator Reseting Interface failed The requested operation requires elevation Run as administrator Reseting Unicast Address failed The requested operation requires elevation Run as administrator Reseting Route failed The requested operation requires elevation Run as administrator There s no user specified settings to be reset nbsp

A:Solved: Cannot connect with WiFi or Ethernet using IPv4 (automatically obtain...)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-connect-with-wifi-or-ethernet-using-ipv4-automatically-obtain.988235/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi guys - setting up computers in my new home and have got the wifi working fine with my BT connect wifi Router to Ethernet Cannot via BTHub3 but Wireless works - Home Hub router works for laptops mobile devices etc Have been trying to connect via Ethernet for a laptop and home pc for a faster more reliable connection but it doesn't seem to be working When plugged in the Network and Sharing Centre simply displays the loading blue circle with 'identifying' but no network access When clicking on the Local Area Connection Status both IPv and IPv connectivity state no network access but I can't seem to find Cannot connect via Ethernet to BTHub3 Wireless Router - but wifi works any hardware problems on the laptop The same issue occurs for other laptops at home and I know my laptop works with Ethernet at work Running ipconfig all shows that DHCP is enabled I checked this on the properties tab for the IPvs autoconfiguration is enabled I can add in a copy and paste of the whole ipconfig all if that's helpful - 'media disconnected' shows for Tunnel adapters but I don't really understand what they are If anyone could help at all I'd be really grateful

A:Cannot connect via Ethernet to BTHub3 Wireless Router - but wifi works

Could be that the router is only set to wifi.
go to your router setting page open it (192.168.0.1) check the settings there,
password is probably admin if you havn't changed it, please do change it if you havn't.

Or plan B reset the router

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/377034-cannot-connect-via-ethernet-bthub3-wireless-router-but-wifi-works.html
Relevancy 66.22%

1.  Cleaned up virus/malware with MalwareBytes
2.  Rescan came up clean with MalwareBytes and AVG
3.  After cleanup, IE browser could not access google.com & yahoo.com, but could access any other website attempted
4.  Chrome browser had no issues with google.com & yahoo.com
5.  Host file (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc) was clean
6.  Ran combofix
7.  IE issue was resolved, IE could now access google.com & yahoo.com
8.  Rebooted
9.  Now, PC unable to connect via Ethernet or WiFi

Prior to reboot, even with virus, the I had no issues with Ethernet or WiFi.

Latest Combofix log attached.

A:Unable to connect to Ethernet or WiFi after virus cleanup & ComboFix scan

Just wanted to update because problem is resolved.

I ended up restoring from restore point from yesterday and was able to avoid the issue this time.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/531402/unable-to-connect-to-ethernet-or-wifi-after-virus-cleanup-combofix-scan/
Relevancy 66.22%

Whenever I unplug from the router and go upstairs, I can't connect to my wi-fi. The problem also persists downstairs unless I am connected by ethernet. It's been happening for about 2 days. At first the wi-fi would jump in and out randomly and quickly but now it simply wont connect. Is it a virus or how can I fix it?

A:Wifi doesn't connect unless directly connected to router by ethernet cable

You might just need to restart your router / WiFI AP to resolve that issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-connect-unless-directly-connected-to-router-by-ethernet-cable.202219/
Relevancy 65.79%

This is a recent problem. My computer doesn't want to connect to the internet via ethernet, however it will connect via wireless to the same network. Other computers on this network connect to the internet just fine. Any help on this is sincerely appreciated.

A:Internet doesn't connect via Ethernet but does connect wireless Win7

Other computers on this network connect to the internet just fine. Click to expand...

Connected by etherent ?
Have you also tried the same cable and port with a different PC

It maybe a security suite blocking - do you have Norton , McAfee etc

post a ipconfig /all and ping tests when connected by ethernet cable only
------------------------------------------------------------------------
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{Ping Tests}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-doesnt-connect-via-ethernet-but-does-connect-wireless-win7.972841/
Relevancy 65.79%

I just bought some Philips hue bulbs and a bridge. The bridge needs to be connected to a router through ethernet. Well, I just use my phone's hotspot
for Internet, and my phone obviously doesn't have an etherenet port. I want to be able to plug it into my computers ethernet port, and connect my computer to WiFi and route it to the ethernet port. I tried uusing ICS (ttp://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/using-internet-connection-sharing)
and the Internet light lights up on the hue when I do, but the hue app still can't find it, and an ip scan shows that it's not actually connected. Am I doing this wrong? Any other way to accomplish this?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/98022fa6-5241-4cca-8296-e1564dc20428/share-internet-through-ethernet-port?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello all, this is my first post on this forum, but not my first forum post. I have an HP model 110-243w and to keep it simple, it does have built-in Wi-Fi and that works fine, but I would like to be able to plug something into the ethernet port on the back and use that to connect to the wifi. For example, If I go to my router and plug something into its ports on the back, that device is now connected to the network and I would like to emulate this with my machine. I am confident that it is possible because I have seen things online, but they don't work. They want me to enter the properties of the wireless network and enable sharing but I get the error saying that the service cannot accept messages at this time. I could really use some help right now, so any is appreciated, thanks.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/57731-how-use-ethernet-port-output-internet.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a Dell Studio with Vista and Wifi capability I ve had the computer for a year and a half and I ve never ethernet wirelessly, connect Solved: Wifi working, suddenly but wont stopped works had a major problem with wireless connection before Any problem has been purely because of a low connection strength or because I was in a classroom I m a college student in which multiple people were trying to Solved: Wifi suddenly stopped working, wont connect wirelessly, but ethernet works connect at once Eventually it always worked I was home for the weekend and connected to my primary wireless connection and all of a sudden I lost connection and could not reconnect I tried restarting and shutting off both the computer and wireless router I tried resetting the wireless router I tried turning on and off the Wifi button on my computer Still cannot connect I plugged in an ethernet cable into my internet directly from the router and it runs fine that is how I am on the internet on my laptop at the moment I will not always have access to an ethernet cable when I go back to school later today and I have a project I need to research so I m kind of in a rush to get this figured out Also it s just so much easier connecting wireless and obviously I d like this fixed Anyway I read up on other people s similar problem and I don t know if I changed something or messed up but now whenever i click to view Wireless Connections the router for my house has a red x next to it and says quot The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network quot Even before it said that I could not connect And it used to have full signal strength It would say it can t connect and I could either view other connections and or try again or diagnose the problem If hit to view others I would try again to no avail If I hit diagnose it would say that there may be a problem with the wireless internet or something like that and then there would be three options two of them to plug in set up a LAN connection and a third to quot view troubleshooting for low wireless connections quot but I ve tried the last option before and all of those steps even though I know the connection is strength I know a little about computers but not a lot especially with internet connections If you need me to find out any information or post anything else that would help let me know Any help would be greatly appreciated I really need this fixed ASAP so please let me know Thank you nbsp

A:Solved: Wifi suddenly stopped working, wont connect wirelessly, but ethernet works

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-suddenly-stopped-working-wont-connect-wirelessly-but-ethernet-works.883599/
Relevancy 64.07%

When I plug an ethernet wire from a router to the ethernet port on my computer, nothing seems to happen. There is no LAN option under my "network connections" either. My first guess is that I don't have the correct driver installed (or if I have one at all for the ethernet). Can anyone help me? I tried to open up the computer to see the brand of the Ethernet card but Some of the screws were stuck and I couldn't seem to open it. It is a Laptop running Windows XP by the way. I bought it at cyberpowerpc.com. Thanks very much for any help.

A:Windows XP: Ethernet port (and LAN) does not work..only wireless internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-ethernet-port-and-lan-does-not-work-only-wireless-internet.937850/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello My gaming tower is showing no network connection and I cannot connect to the internet at all I have tested my ethernet wires and internet connection on my laptop they are working fine My lights in my ethernet plugin are Port Internet working Connection/Ethernet not No Lights are not coming on at all on the towerr I read that by using the CMD prompt and typing ping would give you an idea if you ethernet port was dead if it gave no response Mine responded with Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply No Internet Connection/Ethernet Port Lights are not working from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping Statistics for Packets Sent No Internet Connection/Ethernet Port Lights are not working Received Lost lt loss Approximate round trip in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms My gf said that the power flickered a couple of times today I have everything plugged in to a surge protectors but I No Internet Connection/Ethernet Port Lights are not working am honestly at a complete loss at what to do Any help is appreciated greatly Thanks

A:No Internet Connection/Ethernet Port Lights are not working

Well; even with surge protectors; it is possible the ethernet card took a minor hit. But one thing you could try is to completely uninstall the ethernet adapter from the device manager, reboot, and let windows re-detect it and reinstall the drivers for it; that way hopefully there will be a fresh install of the adapter. Give that a shot and see what happens.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/327428-no-internet-connection-ethernet-port-lights-not-working.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I have been using my ASUS X53E laptop on the WiFi at my university for the past 4 months with no problems connecting to the internet. A few days ago, my internet suddenly started going in and out. It will work alright for about an hour, and then it will stop working completely, even though it says my WiFi connection is still "excellent". However, when I plugged in an ethernet cable, it has been working perfectly with no problems.
No one else around me has been having problems with the WiFi - it's just me. Any ideas?

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi For about years I have had the ability at my work place to access the LAN from my desktop via an Ethernet connection and at the same time access the internet via Wifi to a router DSL connection I just switched to Fios which means a Wifi internet and LAN not ethernet now working together new router Now for some reason I cannot have both connections functioning at the same time When they are both running -I cannot access internet Wifi connects just fine strong signal etc but browser can t find any addresses If I unplug the Ethernet LAN cable the browser - internet access is fine -I cannot print to a LAN network printer though I can still access the server on the LAN and run programs that are located on the server If I disable the Wifi I can print to a network printer fine I really need to be able to do both again E g when I am away my desktop will need to be connected to the internet so I can connect to it via Logmein and access files programs on the server Here is a printout of quot ipconfig all quot from my desktop Windows IP Configuration Host Name DOCTOR Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - D- -C - - Dhcp Enabled No IP LAN ethernet and Wifi internet not working together now Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter Physical Address - E-E - C-C - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Thursday August AM Lease Expires Friday August AM A few years back I wrote down some ipconfig info - this is when things were working well Windows IP Configuration Host Doctor Ethernet Adapter Local Area Connection IP Address Subnet Mask Ethernet Adapter Wireless Network IP Address Subnet Thank you so much nbsp

A:LAN ethernet and Wifi internet not working together now

More information:
OS on my desktop: XP Home SP3
OS on computer connected to router that is Wifi source for my desktop (internet access) - XP Home SP3
OS on server (LAN, ethernet) - XP Pro SP3

ipconfig /all for computer connected to router (internet access)

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : AESCA

Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid

DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : home

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : home

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-07-E9-73-57-FA

Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.103

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Thursday, August 08, 2013 11:10:26 AM

Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Friday, August 09, 2013 11:10:26 AM

ipconfig /all for the server (connects to my desktop via Ethernet cable)

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : SERVER

Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8102E/RTL8103E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-25-64-04-C8-34

Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.101

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Thank you!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lan-ethernet-and-wifi-internet-not-working-together-now.195144/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi all I've got two computers in my room a Toshiba laptop and a desktop computer both running W I built via wifi ethernet internet Sharing a few months ago The laptop gets great wifi reception bars while the desktop struggles to get one bar I want to connect the laptop to the PC via ethernet and use the laptop's internet connection I'm having troubles doing this Here's Sharing wifi internet via ethernet what I've done thus far Disabled the desktop's wifi Enabled quot Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection quot on the laptop's ethernet card Plugged in the cable This is where I hit the brick wall On both computers it comes up as quot unidentified network quot I try creating a homegroup on the desktop but I encounter an error quot Windows could not set the network settings quot and quot You can try to change this setting later in the Network and Sharing Center quot I look in the Network and Sharing Center and it says quot Homegroup Joined quot as if no error occurred at all So I try to join the homegroup on the laptop It says quot Larry from LARRY-PC has created a homegroup quot so it recognises it but then it says quot Windows could not setup a homegroup on this computer quot when I try to put in the password I start the HomeGroup Troubleshooter and it troubleshoots network problems After that it says quot Local Area Connection quot doesn't have a valid IP configuration Fixed quot So then I try joining it again and get the same issue I go through the HomeGroup Troubleshooter again and I click quot the problem is not fixed quot and get a list of problems I don't have What can I do Sorry for the long thread tried to be as specific as possible Thanks in advance Larry

A:Sharing wifi internet via ethernet

Quote:
Enabled "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection" on the laptop's ethernet card.

No, it is the Laptop's wireless connection that you're sharing (the Laptop's actual connection to the internet). When you do this, Windows will give the Laptop's Local Area Connection the IP address 192.168.0.1 and the "Client" PC gets its IP address automatically by DHCP from the Laptop.

Because "Internet Connection Sharing" uses the 192.168.0.0 Subnet (the Host PC has the address 192.168.0.1 and allocates addresses to Client computers in the range 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.254), your router needs to be operating in a different Subnet to avoid an IP addressing conflict. If the third 'octet' (number) of your router's own IP address is "0", change it to 1 or 2 etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/48278-sharing-wifi-internet-via-ethernet.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I have spent the last days trying to get my WiFi to connect Connection Ethernet not through Internet but WiFi to the Internet and am ready to throw the computer and all its additional equipment out of the window Amongst a collection of other laptops and a desktop running different systems - Windows XP Vista Windows and Windows - I have an old Acer Aspire running Windows XP Pro SP I use it mainly for midi file work and as a host for Visual Studio which I keep for maintenance of some programs written many years ago but still in use by some of my friends and for which I require frequent searches on the Internet Just recently for no apparent reason the WiFi on this laptop suddenly stopped working I have been using an Edimax EW- Usg wireless adapter Internet Connection through Ethernet but not WiFi which has never given any trouble in the past to connect with my home network through a router modem supplied by my ISP Internet Connection through Ethernet but not WiFi Since every other computer iPhone iPad and Kindle connects to the same network and works perfectly I have to assume that there is no problem with that router Also the problem laptop connects perfectly via the ethernet cable It just won t work on WiFi alone I have checked my wireless connections setup including TCP IP and can find no problem devices in Device manager I have searched for solutions on the internet and tried everything I can find - I have scanned my hard disk with Panda Antivirus have downloaded and run MalwareBytes I have tried changing the router channel I have tried setting the ipconfig values Nothing makes any difference When I attach the wireless adapter there is usually a message telling me the connection has quot limited or no internet access quot At this point ipconfig all shows the default values for the configuration If I try repairing the connection I am told that the process cannot continue for one reason or another though on occasion it connects when I close the message box However the adapter still shows quot acquiring IP Address quot and hangs there Here ipconfig all shows the correct configuration In both situations the only ipaddress I can ping is the host PC - the problem one Every other IP whether in numerical form such as Internet Connection through Ethernet but not WiFi the router or alphabetical form such as google com returns either a quot timeout quot or a quot cannot find quot message and of course I cannot connect to the internet I have tried clearing the ipconfig I ve forgotten the command and followed it with ipconfig renew but that won t work I have repaired winsock using Microsoft s instructions and I have become quot war-weary quot trying to make sense of the whole thing I am trying not to have to re-install Windows XP and the associated updating of all programs so as a last resort I tried probably unsuccessfully to uninstall Edimax In the end after using Add and Remove to clear as much as possible I just deleted the complete folder from Program Files Then I installed the software for an old Belkin Wireless USB Adapter which I had lying around and tried it The outcome was exactly the same The Belkin software has one advantage however - it allows the user to opt to control the adapter through Windows though I still could not make it work I just don t know enough to solve this one Any ideas anyone BarrieC St ckM n nbsp

A:Internet Connection through Ethernet but not WiFi

Have you tried using another adapter? Or tried using the adapter on another computer? Just to rule out if the adapter is bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-through-ethernet-but-not-wifi.196216/
Relevancy 63.64%

I am connected to my office computers through LAN cable which does not have any internet access and is used only for the purpose of sharing folders and using accounting software from the local server in my office directly connected to all computers through
LAN.
Now i want to use the public WiFi available in my office for internet access. But when i connect to it, the internet does not work.
I have to disable the LAN to use internet which makes me disconnected from my office computers.

Please give me advice to use both networking from LAN and internet from WIFI at the same time.

I am using windows 7 professional 64bit.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a6b8e215-8000-440a-a991-dce0a6e855d5/networking-through-ethernet-and-internet-through-wifi?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 63.64%

Okay, so I'm new to the forums.

When I connect to ethernet and use wifi simultaneously the wifi turns off and says No Internet Access. I am using a Dell Inspiron 1545.

Thanks.

A:Wifi No Internet Access When Using Ethernet

Quote: Originally Posted by Syrexide

Okay, so I'm new to the forums.

When I connect to ethernet and use wifi simultaneously the wifi turns off and says No Internet Access. I am using a Dell Inspiron 1545.

Thanks.

The wireless dropping out may be a completely different problem but there is a Group Policy setting to enable both connections at start up.

Windows doesn't typically use both connections at once and it defaults to the faster connection if both are enabled which is usually Ethernet connection, but if you want the wireless to connect automatically at boot up and stay connected with the Ethernet connection there is setting you need to disable in Group Policy.

Go to start/run type in gpedit.msc. Navigate to the following location

Administrative templates/Network/Windows Connection Manager . The setting Minimize the number of simultaneous connections to the internet.

For more than one connection to stay connected reliably this setting needs to be disabled.

I've been using this Policy to test wireless signals with my Ethernet connected and it does work so that both connections are enabled at start up and they both stay up.

I had to connect the wireless manually on start up most of the time before I changed this setting.

If the wireless issue persists, then please to install InSSIDer from the link and post the results here so I can take a look at the wireless landscape in your area.

inSSIDer for Home ? Discover The Wi-Fi Around You | MetaGeek

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/314257-wifi-no-internet-access-when-using-ethernet.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I keep having a problem with my internet connection When I connect my pc to the wifi im only online for short periods of time Troubleshooting the problems doesnt give anything and deactivating and activating isnt helping either Im pretty sure its only my own router I cant connect to though I have no problem connecting through a ethernet cable Some intell Windows IP Configuration Host Name MSI Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter LAN-forbindelse Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Virtuelt kort til Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Physical Address C-D - - -F -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth-netv rksforbindelse Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth-enhed Personal Area Network Physical Address C-D - - -F -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address C-D - - -F -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c d b d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday April PM Lease Expires Saturday April PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- - -A - C- -A - - - C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Internet with wifi connection but with not ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Internet connection with ethernet but not with wifi Killer e Gigabit Ethernet Controller Internet connection with ethernet but not with wifi NDIS Physical Address C- -A - - - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Internet connection with ethernet but not with wifi

What is your operating system and what do you mean by short periods of time, like a minute and then it drops? Also, what kind of router do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-with-ethernet-but-not-with-wifi.201815/
Relevancy 63.64%

i am finding it difficult to connect to wifi. sometime it gets connected but i cant go away from broadband  more than 4-5metres. so please suggest me some good wireless drivers for this model.HP Notebook - 15-ay019tu

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/cant-connect-to-wifi-suggest-me-some-good-drivers/td-p/5704456
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a windows 7 machine that disconnects from the Internet intermittedly. The problem occurs with an Ethernet connection or a wifi connection. I've run a number of anti-malware programs and nothing helped.

A:Internet Disconnects and reconnects both Ethernet or wifi

Does this happen on only your Computer or do you have others connected with same issue ?
If you are the only one connected try another Pc or Laptop and see if error reproduces.
I would think it would be a Modem Router issue , also check lines and filters etc.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575795/internet-disconnects-and-reconnects-both-ethernet-or-wifi/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi,

I'm puzzled by this situation. I have tested internet speed on Ethernet (~20 Mbps), but when I'm connected via wifi network, it drops down to ~11 Mbps Can someone please explain this to me? The speed is same on all wireless devices even when I sitting next to the wifi router.

Cable Modem: DPC 100r2
WiFi Router: NetGear WGR614 v7 (on DD-WRT)

Thanks!

Relevancy 62.78%

First, Sorry about my English. I have a question.
I use Win 10 Pro, when i use both Wifi( have Internet) and Ethernet( In Local have not Internet). Window can't not access internet although Wifi still work well. When i Disable Ethernet, Window access Internet normaly. Please help!

A:Window can't access Internet when use both Wifi and Ethernet.

Originally Posted by springriver

First, Sorry about my English. I have a question.
I use Win 10 Pro, when i use both Wifi( have Internet) and Ethernet( In Local have not Internet). Window can't not access internet although Wifi still work well. When i Disable Ethernet, Window access Internet normaly. Please help!

Check your ethernet cable if its working properly and check if it is using static ip if there's an IP try to change it to Obtain IP automatically then try to reconnect your ethernet cable again.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/62033-window-cant-access-internet-when-use-both-wifi-ethernet.html
Relevancy 62.78%

My desktop is connected to a wifi network and I need to bridge to another via ethernet. I have started by selecting each network and I bridge the 2 connections, creating a bridge, but the other computer still doesn't have internet connection.

Is this possible (I would think so) and if so, what have I done wrong?

A:Bridge internet connection over ethernet from wifi

Never mind the other computer's owner was being dumb :P

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/239614-bridge-internet-connection-over-ethernet-wifi.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Ok about two weeks ago my laptop when connected w wifi constantly would lose connection.
I tried using an ethernet cable directly into the modem, no luck
I called my isp and they came out and gave me a new modem.
No luck
I updated the driver, no luck
I went back to a restore point, no luck
I restored to factory, no luck
Unplugged the modem/reset the modem, no luck

I don't know what else to do. I have college classes starting next week and have to have a reliable connection.

Someone please help me

A:Keep losing internet connection, wifi and ethernet

Hello, please take your laptop to a different location and test both wifi and lan, let's make a determination that the issue is really with your machine
Regards
The Cleaver

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keep-losing-internet-connection-wifi-and-ethernet.1131909/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi all!

I have a problem with my university internet. I can connect fine through wireless, no problems at all.
However when I attempt to use my ethernet cable, I have a connection for 5-10 seconds before any webpage I attempt to access is directed to a portal to log in with my university ID and password. Once I do so and the portal has confirmed that I have access (the user/pass has worked), the display page tells me to retry my original URL, however the internet connection does not work and I am not able to access anything. Any help? Thanks!

I have gone to the help center at my school and they were unable to help me

Relevancy 62.35%

I have recently set up two Pc's down stairs next to each other. The plan was to use them for gaming but for the life of me i cannot get Ethernet & wifi to work at the same time.

Each Pc has its own wifi but gaming over wifi is slow and file transfers are painful. I can get it working but after around 5 min it will start defaulting all of traffic to the wifi.

I have tried over the last week everything I could find online. Renewing, flushing, sharing internet through one etc.

I have done an ipconfig /all on both machines whilst it was working then after it stops done at again but when I compared the results I cannot see any difference. :/

Any help would be awesome at this stage.

A:Ethernet gaming (crossover cable) with wifi internet.

Ovbious question perhaps but why not just use Ethernet for the one being used for gaming?
Plug in Ethernet, turn off WiFi.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/72567-ethernet-gaming-crossover-cable-wifi-internet.html
Relevancy 62.35%

problem as above - every couple of weeks or so my internet slows to a snails pace, it usually lasts for 3 or 4 days then its back on full speed again, really cant figure this one out!

Ive released ip and flushed dns!

my ping is always around 10ms and my upload is always around 4mb which are both quite stable, but its my download speed what bothers me 0.1mbs at its slowest and 60mbs when its running good

what should I do next?

A:recurring loss of internet wifi and ethernet speed

Just tried safemode with networking - still crap!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/342171-recurring-loss-internet-wifi-ethernet-speed.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have verizon Fios internet service. Here's a screen shot of my cellphone, using wifi and a screenshot of my computer using ethernet cable and actiontec powerline network adapters.
How can I change the ethernet speed to match the wifi speed?

A:verizon Fios: wifi and ethernet, 2 different internet speeds

FIOS is the best Internet service available in the US and you are lucky to have it. The discrepancy between wired & wireless throughput is legendary and there are lots of comments about it. In general the cause is obscure in most cases - wireless throughput is subject to all sorts of issues that are not present with a wired connection. In general you should not expect wireless speeds to match wired speeds - there are just too many variables in play with wireless. For instance, a fish tank can suck up wireless signals like a sponge, as can a steel beam or a large flatscreen TV.

To get more info on your situation post all your details on this forum:

FiOS Internet - Verizon Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/277896-verizon-fios-wifi-ethernet-2-different-internet-speeds.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello I am new but here goes First is your output from TSG SysInfo program Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD overrides WiFi Internet Solved: Ethernet connection Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MSI Z A-G MS- Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled You must realize that I live away from the city and only have an iPhone for a hot spot It connects via WiFi Bluetooth and USB I have found USB quicker but it doesn t seem to work under Windows So I connect via WiFi only The problem is I have a LAN based on a D-Link DIR- router This router has a WiFi option and has a Buffalo File server attached to the device that we use as a backup Solved: Ethernet overrides WiFi Internet connection file server and personal cloud When I am connected via WiFi and I plug in the Ethernet connection the computer overrides the WiFi and attempts to connect to the Internet via the Ethernet port It does know that the WiFi is connected as it is displayed on the bottom of the status bar as Internet but choices to ignore or not check I have gone to the devices and changed the priority to be Wireless on top and Ethernet on the bottom This is done via the quot Network and Sharing Center quot quot Change Adapter Settings quot ALT-F to get quot File Edit View Tools Advanced and Menu quot options quot Advanced quot and finally quot Advanced quot again Then put them in the priority you wish Ethernet still overrides this and times out when I attempt to access anything on the Internet It works the same on my wife s Windows Laptop It returns to normal if you unplug the Ethernet cable Since I wish to have other files available it is a pain in the bottom to have to unplug the Ethernet cable every time you change over to do something else and I usually forget and have to deal with the can t connect message It might be a simple solution to connect via WiFi to the router then hard wire the computers to the router but this hasn t been a workable option The router doesn t seem to be able to handle that type of connection but if you know how to do this it might be worth a shot Thanks for listening and I will keep an eye out for an answer I hope you can help Thanks for any help you have to give Jack nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

Hello Everyone,

I have an Acer laptop with Windows 7 installed on it. As it's been 5-6 years since i got the laptop, it has gotten really slow, so i decided to do a mass uninstalling wave and it really got faster! But the isue is I don't know why, after that, my ethernet connection says Active and the cable is plugged in as always but I have no access to Internet, and worse, the Wifi is disactivated, and when I try to activate it the screen turns blue and the laptop restarts.

I prefer a slow laptop to a internetless laptop haha,

Thanks for your help

A:Internet connexion problems using Ethernet and wifi, not activating

The blue screen you are getting is called "Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)" and there is a dedicated section for it in the forums.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/

Read also Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/370569-internet-connexion-problems-using-ethernet-wifi-not-activating.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Any idea chaps why my laptop connects to the internet over wifi but not if I connect the ehternet cable directly into the back?
I have checked that the driver is installed (I think) and also that the box is ticked to allocate IP address automatically...

Relevancy 61.92%

My daughter is having problems connecting to the internet using ethernet She connects ok using wireless but unfortunately her dorm is not wireless capable I was told by our internet provider her ethernet slot probably the connect using Can't internet ethernet to failed and it couldn t be replaced because is was integrated into the motherboard Warrantee is off His suggestion Can't connect to the internet using ethernet was to buy a network card and hook internet that way when she needed to use ethernet This issue started earlier this Can't connect to the internet using ethernet summer when I borrowed her laptop on a trip Tried to connect using ethernet in different motels along our trip couldn t Tried Can't connect to the internet using ethernet different cables didn t help Took back the network card because it seems that we need a express card--a card with different pin configuration Ok I m a real novice here so please forgive my lack of knowledge with this--we bought a network card for the pc slot the one they recommended at the store--unfortunately it doesn t fit connect into her pc card slot--do they make different sizes on the pins configuration I think this is a if that sound right We did talk briefly to a technician about it at Dell--she had us check the config I think and it looked as if it was recognizing the broadcom but still says cable unhooked with tried to attach and install ethernet If anyone has any help or what our next step should be we would surely appreciate it She is without network at college and well that is something that just is not quot good quot Thanks Dell Inspiron E Intel Core Duo Processor T DW BROADCOM CORPORATION I m not sure what this is but when I looked for broad com this is what I got Cable not connected is the error message no yellow or red splats when checked the devices list that technician walked us to nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

So my computer is almost a year old now. It has been working great now internet problems or anything. Now all of a sudden in the middle of using my internet (though an Ethernet cable) it all of a sudden stops working. I have tried several other cables with no luck. I have also tried sever other jacks(because i am in a college dorm I can get to the router) and It still isnt working. That means that it must be a computer problem. I have also tried restoring my computer and my Wifi does work but to use my computer in my room I need the cable to work.

Any ideas? Please help!

A:Won't connect to internet through Ethernet

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG , Webroot etc

post an ipconfig /all

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

This should also work for windows 8
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wont-connect-to-internet-through-ethernet.1079841/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi I recently bought my desktop home from my uni dorm and i can t seem to connect to the quot unidentified network quot which would be my home network The Ethernet cable is flashing orange and my routers LAN port light is orange Below is my current ipconfig I ve had a look through the forums already to via internet Cannot to connect ethernet see if any other topic can help but so far no luck Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Owner-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -E - - - -B DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Cannot connect to internet via ethernet Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe daa afe cb f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - C- -E - - - -B DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap E A CD-E - BE- E-D DFE A C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled Cannot connect to internet via ethernet No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Cannot connect to internet via ethernet Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Owner gt C Users Owner gt nbsp

A:Cannot connect to internet via ethernet

Use a dynamic connection or else a valid static IP configuration.

To configure a dynamic IP address on your Windows Vista or 7 computer:

1. Click Start.
2. Select Network, then Network and Sharing Center, and click Manage network connections or Change adapter settings from the list of tasks.
3. Right click the connection of interest and click Properties.
4. Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) from the list and click the Properties button.
5. Select Obtain an IP address automatically.
6. Select Obtain DNS Server address automatically.
7. Click OK.
8. Click Close.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet.1069891/
Relevancy 61.92%

Currently I am at college and we have a wireless network here. Not the best but, it works. Recently I was told that since you need to have a password for the wireless internet and it is pretty slow you cannot access xbox live or online computer games. Both my roommates were able to use my ethernet to connect to the internet and play but, I cannot do that. They have used my cable so i know it works and i have tried more then one hub which means that is not the problem. I have windows XP and am not sure why its not working. All help is appreciated. Thanks

Relevancy 61.49%

I have a free wifi connection provided by my property management it is unsecured and password free I've been connecting to it with no problems on my laptop running vista for weeks. I bought a tenda 11n wireless usb device so I could get my desktop connected to it also, I set up and installed the card I connect to the wireless network like it was nothing but it will not connect to the internet please try and help me out thanks

A:Free wifi in my apy will connect but won't connect w/ internet

Imagine that. On another board, it was a neighbor, and I closed that because you are violating the terms of service for the ISP. Now you're here, and suddenly it's a new story.

In any case, I'm closing this one too, since I really doubt the second story!

You may want to read the TSG Rules, we don't assist in illegal activities here either.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/free-wifi-in-my-apy-will-connect-but-wont-connect-w-internet.883995/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,

I am not able to connect internet via wifi (although I can connect to the router). I am able to connect to internet via plunging the cable.

I see that yellow triangle with "!" mark in the internet connection.

Please help!!

Shailesh Jajotar

Relevancy 61.49%

Hello Firstly let me apologise if this question is repeated elsewhere but I could not find anything identical to it I have an Acer laptop WiFi Ethernet Whilst Connected Can't Cable Browse Internet and connect from this to the internet via Can't Browse WiFi Internet Whilst Ethernet Cable Connected a CDMA connection provided by the local I live in Thailand version of a Novatel MiFi modem This works just fine for internet Can't Browse WiFi Internet Whilst Ethernet Cable Connected browsing and I simultaneously use P P software to download UK TV stuff I also have a wired network in my house and on this I have a Gb NAS drive There is a wireless router on the network but I am outside of it's range When I connect the network cable to connect to the NAS drive I am no longer able to browse the internet BUT the P P software still carries on working as before So therefore my laptop is still connected to the internet via the Wifi network So why does my browser think otherwise Normally I use Google Chrome but I have also tried IE and this suffers from the same fate Can't Browse WiFi Internet Whilst Ethernet Cable Connected Any suggestions would be much appreciated Alan

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/cant-browse-wifi-internet-whilst-ethernet-cable-connected-601433.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi i have a Toshiba Satellite computer and my wifi doesnt work, it used to but it stopped all of a sudden.
https://gyazo.com/984c41491a3603c408f40cc4446008df

A:Toshiba Laptop internet only works through Ethernet Cable, NO WIFI

Reinstall your wifi driver from offcial toshiba website. Or you can check your all driver updated or not. To easily check all driver just download advanced driver updater to update WiFi and other driver

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590272/toshiba-laptop-internet-only-works-through-ethernet-cable-no-wifi/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello My laptop recently got a horrible virus which I managed to fix despite being a girl However One of the remaining side effects of the virus is that it will not scan for wireless networks - every time I try it says quot Windows cannot configure this wireless connection quot and quot If you want Windows to configure this wireless connection start the Wireless Zero Configuration WZC service quot So I can currently only - will the scanning My has laptop wifi stopped internet ethernet cable only allow for connect to the internet using an ether net cable which is very restricting as it means I can t take my laptop to a cafe etc Things I ve tried gt Turning it on and off again - yes - in every way - the router the laptop the cabelling all of it gt Other laptops - I have had friends bring their laptops round and they have been able to scan for and connect to my wireless network - so the problem is definitely with my laptop gt System Restore - I have tried to restore back to the week before the laptop got the virus but this has not solved the problem Could it be that My laptop has stopped scanning for wifi - only the ethernet cable will allow internet the virus made my computer go into some kind of emergency attack mode and then the firewall got effected Any advice would be very gratefully received - thanks in advance for your help It is a Toshiba A - laptop running Windows XP xx nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-has-stopped-scanning-for-wifi-only-the-ethernet-cable-will-allow-internet.951187/
Relevancy 61.49%

I recently wiped my dell dimension clean due to the fact that it was given to me I reinstalled win XP home and now have question marks beside Ethernet Reinstall After Drivers No XP Internet/ Ethernet controller Multimedia Audio controller and PCI Input Device under the device manager It shows that my Network adaptor is the Net Adapter I have tried ipconfig and all it shows is Windows IP Configuration no address or anyhting else I am my ISP is Comcast with a cisco DPC modem but they did not give me any drivers for this product I have searched the dell website to find the drivers but am not really sure what i am looking for once i key in my service tag Please Help I do have internet connection through my laptop which is a No Internet/ Ethernet Drivers After XP Reinstall macbook and everything i load and transfer either doesn t have setup files or wont run properly on the dell unless i have internet acess Due to no internet acess i have attached No Internet/ Ethernet Drivers After XP Reinstall the file for the sysinfo log nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

I recently downgraded from Vista to win XP on my Toshiba laptop. Toshiba doesn't have the drivers-according to them this laptop was built to run on Vista. I am told there actually are drivers for XP-anyone know where I can find them?? Thanx!!

A:Wireless internet and ethernet drivers

Welcome to TSF....

Tyr finding them from the motherboard manufacturers web site or find the manufacturer of the NIC on the motherboard and download from there. If they are not there then go back to Vista.

Use this to find info

SIW - System Information for Windows
http://www.gtopala.com/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-internet-and-ethernet-drivers-255872.html
Relevancy 61.49%

First of all thanks for anyone taking to time to look at my post I m trying to fix my mother s computer and have been for a few days now albeit not with great determination or time investments and I have an issue that I m not quite sure what to do She has a Connection/Ethernet Internet Drivers Compaq Mini CQ - DX running Windows It seems whenever the computer tries to connect wirelessly to any router I have tried at least it gives the limited connectivity error So the first thing I tried to do was directly connect it to our router via an ethernet cable The Internet Connection/Ethernet Drivers ethernet port lights up but it s a no-go on the internet connection So my first thought was to try to reinstall the ethernet drivers It did not work so I decided to reinstall all network drivers That also did not work My next thought was to do a release-renew on IP which also did not work I ve looked at the device manager and right now it has network adapters Broadcom b g n Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter RealTEK PCIe FE Family Controller I m not quite sure what the next step I should take is or even if this could be a hardware problem The laptop is fairly new about ish months she s had it Thanks in advance to anyone that can help nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

I have an Acer desktop with Windows 7, and a couple of days ago I stopped being able to connect to the internet through the ethernet port. I am certain that the problem is not with the modem or the ISP, because I can plug in my laptop with an ethernet cable and it connects normally, plus I am able to connect any number of devices (including my desktop!) through wifi on the same modem. What can I do to fix this?

Relevancy 61.06%

ipconfig all results Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Stevie gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name BACK Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No Please LAN. to Solved: connect Cannot internet Ethernet Help. through WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gateway wire net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description SiS PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - F-EA- - - C Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Friday April AM Lease Expires Saturday April AM tracert www google com results Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Stevie gt tracert www google com Tracing route to www l google com over a maximum of hops ms lt ms ms home ms ms ms adsl- - - - dsl milwwi ameritech net ms ms ms dist -vlan milwwi ameritech Solved: Cannot connect to internet through Ethernet LAN. Please Help. net ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms iw-in-f e net Trace complete ping www google com results C Documents and Settings Stevie Solved: Cannot connect to internet through Ethernet LAN. Please Help. gt ping www google com Pinging www l google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Documents and Settings Stevie gt I am using a wire router modem and I have another computer connected through Ethernet which is working I compared all the settings and they are the same on both computers Not sure where to go from here any help is appreciated I also ran winsockxpfix already nbsp

A:Solved: Cannot connect to internet through Ethernet LAN. Please Help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-connect-to-internet-through-ethernet-lan-please-help.914283/