Windows Support Forum

I have to have two IPs one for access point WiFi WLAN and one for LAN

Q: I have to have two IPs one for access point WiFi WLAN and one for LAN

win 7 pro
I have an old Internet Gateway - with access point
Thomson TG585 v7 , b/g WiFi + Ethernet 100Mbps

I have installed XAMPP local server

WLAN IP 192.168.10.X worked in the past i think - access XAMPP WEB PAGES - from mobiles wireless devices, but now not work...
I have to have two IPs one for access point WiFi WLAN and one for LAN Ethernet?
Although my mobile devices get WiFi i have only one connection - access point not shown in Network Connections win 7... ONLY GIGABIT ETHERNET SHOWN But as said mobile devices get online without problem.

how access XAMPP files from Mobile Devices on WLAN?

http://192.168.10.8/OOJS/index.html this works in pc but not on mobile

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: I have to have two IPs one for access point WiFi WLAN and one for LAN

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: I have to have two IPs one for access point WiFi WLAN and one for LAN

I think prior 1mo or so i could access from mobile... via WLAN.

PLEASE SEE THE VIDEO HERE:
Find your computer's IP address - Windows Help

HAS BOTH LAN AND WLAN CONNECTIONS IN NETWORK CONNECTIONS , AND FINDS IP FOR WLAN.

Well why me only LAN IN NETWORK CONNECTIONS not WLAN?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/342273-i-have-have-two-ips-one-access-point-wifi-wlan-one-lan.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I brought home a pair of Cisco AG series Access Points from work because the office is getting new ones I wanted to know if I could use one at home with my existing wireless router etc I don t have a lot of knowledge on how to configure these devices and I haven t had too much luck finding the answers I need Anyways I have one of the AP s set upstairs with Ethernet running down to my wireless router downstairs The on help Need access point adding WLAN router is a pretty basic Linksys WRT G that I ve had for awhile and should be compatible with any AP correct My problem other than not fully understanding how the access points work is the unit access point is detected by my wireless devices but they can t connect It appears as quot Need help adding access point on WLAN other network quot in available connections alongside my home network router Are they supposed to be one in the same or different IP addresses I downloaded and installed Cisco IP Setup Utility IPSU to try and configure the device but each time I try to put in the SSID I get an invalid error What exactly is the SSID on the access point supposed to be The same as my home network or router s SSID nbsp

A:Need help adding access point on WLAN

The SSID password is your home network's password.

I have a D-Link access point that I setup differently. It is connected by wire to my PC (through the built-in motheboard LAN port) and wirelessly to my router in another room. I configured the AP via my browser by typing in the AP's IP in the address bar to access the AP's configuration interface. From there I can access the various networks that are present, find mine, type in the password (for my home network). Save the settings and I'm done. You will need to know your device's IP to connect to it. You can probably get it from the manufacturer's website if you can find the manual for it there.

I'm not an expert in these matters and can barely configure my own AP but you can use any PC to configure the AP. Once configured the AP can be plugged into the LAN port of any PC, laptop or game console to access the internet wirelessly from your wireless router without further configuring. I have several PCs but I only use a couple at a time so when it is time to rotate an idle PC into activity all I have to do is to connect the AP to the PC's LAN port along with the power cord, monitor, speakers, mouse, keyboard, etc. and it's done. This way I don't need separate wireless adapters installed in each PC I own.

The way you have yours setup sounds like you are using the AP as a range extender. I don't have experience setting one of those up so I can't specifically help you with that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-adding-access-point-on-wlan.178001/
Relevancy 76.97%

OK I ve searched and can t find a clear answer to this Maybe it s just a simple quot No You can t do that quot I have an existing WLAN broadcasting from a Linksys WRT N I have several Home Theatre components with Ethernet ports but no wireless exisiting WLAN? point a Connect an access second to wireless Samsung Blu-Ray Marantz AV Panasonic TC-P G I have no way to run an ethernet cable to the room where they sit So my question is is there some piece of hardware that can connect to my exisitng WLAN via the wireless and then I can connect the components to that or even connect a switch to that quot access point quot I have looked into access points but they all seem to require a connection via ethernet Am I just missing something simple or is this just not possible This is what I want to do Cable Modem - gt Ethernet Cable - gt Linksys WRT N - gt Wireless Connection - gt Router Switch Access Point - gt Ethernet Cables - gt Components nbsp

A:Connect a second wireless access point to an exisiting WLAN?

Something like this can add 4 ethernet ports to your wireless
network,and a couple of USB ports.
Print server/ethernet switch.

Another option would be to use powerline network adapters and
use the houses power lines as network cables.
Then connect a wired router to the powerline adapter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-a-second-wireless-access-point-to-an-exisiting-wlan.890443/
Relevancy 74.82%

I was at a home today and connected to their private home network on a Surface Pro 4. This showed their network as Connected. However, the internet kept going to a local open BT network instead! I couldn't select this open network anywhere to exclude it. Thinking about it now, I should have disabled/reenabled Wifi first, and then tried a reboot after that. But otherwise, is there any hidden setting to ignore certain networks?

A:Using 'open' access Wifi point instead of connected private wifi.

Hello and welcome to the TenForums

If the home where you were had a BT hub then it most probably was offering both an open connection also known as BT Wifi or BT Fon and also a secured wifi connection which would have an SSID number with a BThub name with some random numbers and letters. It is possible that you connected to the open one and were then automatically directed to a BT broadband page on the internet to pay for use of the BT hotspot service that they provide via customers routers. See this article for more info: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/d...fi-with-fon%3F

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/47484-using-open-access-wifi-point-instead-connected-private-wifi.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I recently updated my Inspiron 14" 5459 to the Windows 10 anniversary update, i noticed that when my wifi access point changes or wifi signal drops or turning off wifi, my laptop semi-freezes, you could still scroll with the mouse or track pad and select open tabs but that's all, clicking other icons and even the windows start menu does not work, if you wait for more than 5 minutes, everything goes back to normal. Waiting around for about 5 minutes is annoying so what I do is press ctrl alt delete and from there restart the laptop. my wifi adapter is updated to the most recent version and also both graphics card (intel hd 520 and amd radeon m335) is also updated to the latest version.  Any suggestion on how to resolve this issue?

A:after Windows 10 anniversary update, Inspiron 5459 freezes if wifi is turned off or wifi access point is changed, is there a solution to this problem?

Please confirm the wireless card from the device manger or the network control panel. Also please update the BIOS firmware to the latest version. The BIOS update should ideally be version v1.2.2. Also please try system out with  a LAN cable as well to confirm if is indeed caused by the wireless. Though this may not run a complete diagnostics on the network you can run a hardware diagnostics on the computer using the following steps

Shutdown the computer
Hold the 'Fn' key and turn on the computer
Let go of the 'Fn' key after 2 seconds

This is will initiate the H/w diagnostics. Please let us know if it completes or if  you run into any errors. If  you do run into any errors. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988325
Relevancy 70.09%

I just moved into an apartment that has a WiFi connection already set up for the complex, but I have a few devices that don't have wireless cards in them. I was hoping to take my router and turn it into an access point for internet connections but I need some help in doing so. I have a D-Link router; any tips would be really helpful.

Relevancy 69.23%

A simple question really, if i were to buy a wifi bridge, could i plug it into the internet port on a router to provide that router with internet access?

I have a media centre, connected to a router that does not have internet access, a nas server is also connected to this router. Howevere, connecting a usb wifi dongle to the media pc to acces another router in the house with internet access does not work because there are two connections and it only like 1.

If i connect an ethernet cable from router to router, it works, but i cant have a wire all around the house, so could i plug a bridge into it instead?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-bridge-or-access-point.1068278/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello,

I am using a tplink access point which blocks only 32 mac addresses. I want an access point which blocks more mac addresses like 75-100. Can someone suggest a model please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-access-point-mac-filtering.1164179/
Relevancy 68.37%

So I live in my parents' basement and I'm positioned at the very front of the house down here The router a Linksys WRT GL stock firmware is down here with me right on my desk along with the cable modem and moving them is not an option access router? get a extender, WiFi point, I Should or a an better I need the simplest solution possible perhaps something I can put upstairs on the main floor My Should I get a WiFi extender, an access point, or a better router? parents have a gazebo out in the back as shown below and they like to take their laptop out there and even though it functions they Should I get a WiFi extender, an access point, or a better router? say that the signal is just barely strong enough and so it reduces the performance noticeably as compared to being in the house roughly where that chimney is but on the main floor I can see that because I'm literally at the front of the house in the basement as close to the front as you can get right about in the center and I'm facing West and so the router is right up against the wall So the router is as far away from the gazebo as is possible outside of putting it in the front yard or something So as you can see it's not exactly close So do they need a WiFi extender an access point or should I get a better router What's the best option without costing too much money Additionally I don't know what's good or bad on the market and so I need your help with that as well I'd like to get them the best unit possible whatever that may be extender access point or router so that it does an excellent job and can keep working for as many years to come as possible However my parents said that they don't want it to be too expensive either I don't know how much is too much for them but I know that they probably wouldn't want the most expensive unit available either Of course that definitely depends on the prices out there too I mean to put it in another way let's say that there's a better router that would solve this problem That extender or access point can't cost more than that router So it has to be at a reasonable price I'm open to getting a new router if the price is right and if it would solve the problem Again we need something wireless that will go up on the main floor to be in the middle between the gazebo and the router Either that or a router that's known to be much more powerful than the WRT GL One final requirement if we get an extender or an access point then I would like it to have some kind of On Off switch or button I thank you for looking

A:Should I get a WiFi extender, an access point, or a better router?

TwoCables, I'm not ignoring you, I just have little experience with that issue. Maybe this article can give you some ideas.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/286939-should-i-get-wifi-extender-access-point-better-router.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi,

I have got this new Lenovo Flex 2 Pro-15 computer a month ago, but I have never got internet on it in my room. My room is 7-8 meters from the access point, and the signal is very weak or not existing. My Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini have a strong signal, if it lays just next to the computer. The computer has fine signal, if it is only 3-4 meters from the access point.

I sent the computer for a repair, and they changed the WLan card, but it did not help. What to do? I think I have installed the correct driver.

- Peter

A:WiFi does not work 7-8 meters from access point

What wireless adapter does it have? What make/model access point? What band are you connecting with, 2.4 or 5 GHz?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/69801-wifi-does-not-work-7-8-meters-access-point.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hey guys,

There is a difficulty i am facing recently in my girlfriend's house only(in all other places it works fine).
I have recently established a WiFi connection for her to use on her phone. It worked great the first day. It continues to work perfect on her mobile. On my net book, though, i can not see WiFi access point in her house.

It appears randomly for several minutes, i try to connect, it does not want to and then the access point disappears for some uncertain period of time. From time to time it appears and works fine from than on but disappears again if computer goes to sleeping mode...

Do you have any ideas what could it be?

Val

A:Solved: Enable to see WiFi access point

guys, anybody. please have a look. this is serious for me. thanks....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-enable-to-see-wifi-access-point.1015678/
Relevancy 68.37%

I would like to know the step by step to set up a repeater using an WiFi point up or a Setting repeater Access another router set up an alternate access point with out Ethernet Setting up a WiFi repeater or Access point connection to it if possible using the routerlogin net What are the major advantages and disadvantages of both My router is a Setting up a WiFi repeater or Access point Netgear N Dual Band Gigabit Router and the router I would like Setting up a WiFi repeater or Access point to use to boost the signal is the same model The problem is that the signal is not strong enough sometimes to use my Galaxy S on the other side of the house away from the router And sometimes the signal does loose strength to my desktop using an internal wireless adapter for WiFi The desktop is not so much the issue but the phone is So I thought I would try to increase the range of the router to cover the areas of the house that are receiving a week signal from the router Thanks for all your help nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

My usb wifi adapter comes with both drivers and a utility. The utility switches the adapter from adhoc to access point. Problem is, the utility doesnt work with Vista, but the drivers do.
Is there any way I can set the usb adapter as an access point through Windows Zero Configuration?

A:Setting wifi adapter as access point

Nope, that's not a capability that WZC offers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-wifi-adapter-as-access-point.748459/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi I think I know what I want but I just wanted to check before I splashed the cash and made the wrong choice I have a Humax Freesat recorder and a Panasonic Blu-Ray player Both of which have services that need internet access but neither are WIFI Network Switch Access WIFI with Point enabled amp are the wrong side of the room to be connected via cabled ethernet I believe that what I need is to wireless access point I d like one with a built in switch as well as most seem to only come with only one port The one I found has four which would be useful as I could replace the poor wireless Xbox dongle The one I was looking at was http www amazon co uk gp product B JV A sr - qid WIFI Network Access Point with Switch ref olp WIFI Network Access Point with Switch product details ie UTF amp me amp qid amp sr - amp seller This seems very cheap Can anyone tell me if this will do what I want amp whether there is anything better without spending a fortune Many thanks in advance Tom nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

Hello I have a HP Pavillion x i in laptop I am having problems HP problems access Pavillion wifi point with the wifi staying connected and when the laptop is connected to wifi the internet speeds are slow The speeds are slow as in I cannot stream videos on HP Pavillion wifi access point problems youtube without constant pausing and even downloading something as simple as google chrome takes much longer than it is supposed to In my house there are plenty of other devices that are connected including my old laptop which has no problems downloading streaming and iphones and an ipad All of the other devices except my new HP laptop has no problem streaming and downloading The laptop is extremely new less than a week old I have tried updating the network driver resetting the network driver and disconnecting then reconnecting the wifi yet the problem keeps occuring I do have MacAfee so I guess that could pose a problem but I am unsure The adapter I use is a Qualcomm Atheros QCA with internet provided by COMCAST It could be an adapter problem but because of the other devices working fine I do not think that the problem is from the adapter Also the OS is Windows Thank you for your time and help

A:HP Pavillion wifi access point problems

How does it perform connected by LAN (Cat5/6) cable?

And welcome to the forum!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/54287-hp-pavillion-wifi-access-point-problems.html
Relevancy 68.37%

hi ya I have a cheapo ADSL wireliess router mbps in the front of my shop and I want to increase the wireless signal access point using signal Increasing wifi I recieve in the office in the back of the shop The signal is strong but the connection speed drops as low as mbps also I have a desktop with no wifi card in the Increasing wifi signal using access point same room which I need to connect to the network My aim is to get the very best connection speeds between the two rooms without cables I was thinking that if I got a draft N router and access point then the shop front and office would have a very strong connection allowing me to connect multiple machines via ethernet cables in each room and at the same time increasing my wifi signal in the office This way Increasing wifi signal using access point I wouldnt need to buy another wifi card and would get better signal for my laptop I dont know Increasing wifi signal using access point if I am completly off track and would better off getting a good router a range booster and installing wifi cards when needed if anyone could give me some help with this and also what routers access points you would reccomend would be great many thanks sean nbsp

A:Increasing wifi signal using access point

N will give 300mbp (realtime is 240 to 270mbps) of data in / data out
Range is greater than G but just to let you know your range my vary due to interference in your shop.
2.4GHz cordless phones
Some lighting systems
Microwave devices
But the Draft-N clears up some but not much again depends on what's you have in the shop. Place the wireless router higher away from other electronic devices. Wireless access point can be use but if you want to go without wires then you need one that can do WDS. That WDS taps into the wireless signal that you presently is transmitting in your store.

Another issues you have one of those all-in-one modems that have wireless router feature. They tend to be slower than just using ADSL modem and a wireless router combination. Cable Modem from the Cable company is much faster, but you'll have to be able to get cable business customer plan. But in any case what you have reported is normal 54mbps can range from 24, 48, 54mbps. So for you N would do a better jobs.

DLINK
DIR-655 ($89 to $129) Xtreme N Wireless Router
http://www.dlink.com/products/?sec=0&pid=530
DAP-1522 ($99 and up) wireless access point Xtreme N Duo 2.4GHz/5.0GHz wireless
http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=663
DAP-1555 (new) more for high def media

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/increasing-wifi-signal-using-access-point.110252/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi I am having problems accessing the internet via a pay for service wifi connection One Zone I am located to to WIFI point access unable Selectively connect in an area with multiple encripted and unencripted networks I can get to one free network but cannot use my cellphone from there I was able to log onto sign up and use the pay for service once The next time after rebooting I could not I called technical support for One Zone and was told to remove Internet Explorer from the list of applicaitons in my Mcafee firewall This Selectively unable to connect to WIFI access point worked once but then failed the next time I rebooted and has not worked when I tried it again Next I tried the suggestion to use the commands For these commands Start Run CMD to open a command prompt Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults netsh winsock reset catalog Reset TCP IP stack to installation defaults netsh int ip reset reset log This worked once and Selectively unable to connect to WIFI access point then not again I uninstalled the Mcafee firewall - but this did not help Finally I updated the driver for the WIFI card and for the ThinkVantage software used to access the network on the IBM Thinkpad T Throughout this exercise I was able to acceess the free WIFI access point dLink When I try to access OneZone I am told that the signal strength is excellent and that I am connected I am assigned an IP address I can ping the IP address but not the associated gateway address When I look at the status I see IP addresses indications that I am connected a lot of packets going out and no packets going in When I run diagnostics the report says Adapter Details Adapter name a b g Wireless LAN Mini PCI Express Adapter Adapter type Wireless LAN Adapter speed Mbps Driver Firmware version N A Adapter status Enabled Connection Status Connected Disable unused cards Yes TCP IP Settings DHCP enabled Yes Append parent suffixes of the primary DNS suffix Yes Register connection s DNS suffix in registration Yes Register connection s DNS suffix in DNS registration Yes Enable LMHOSTS Lookup No NetBIOS setting quot Default quot Wireless Settings Network name SSID One Zone High Speed Internet Connection type Access point Wireless mode Auto Security encryption None Use this profile to connect during Windows log on No System Information System model BU BIOS version ET WW TVT GINA version Operating system version Windows XP Service pack ThinkVantage Access connections version Access Point scan list Network name SSID Wireless mode MAC address Signal strength Channel ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- One Zone High Speed Internet g D D MSHOME g F E D kidPHONE a B EC Cows a B A Cows a B EA One Zone High Speed Internet g D D TRAC a B EB Alaris a B E kidZONE a B E kidZONE a B Alaris a B kidPHONE a B C BELL g C E F ZULU g F F Bondfield g C F BELL g A C TRAC a B B PostLabWireless g E E CA haytham g CD F E SeaHorse g C F FE C Wir in Toronto g EC One Zone High Speed Internet g D B FA Global Settings Network ------- Allow Windows users without administrator privileges to create and apply location profiles - gt Yes Allow wireless connection at Windows logon requires system restart - gt Yes Close all wireless network connections when user logs off - gt No Disable Adhoc connection type option in wireless LAN profiles - gt No Allow the wireless LAN radio to be turned off when inactive - gt Yes Allow selection of location profiles with Fn F On Screen Display menu - gt Yes Enable autodeletion of unused profiles - gt No Disable the Peer to Peer community feature - gt No Notifications ------------- Show ThinkVantage Access Connections status icon in task tray - gt Yes Show wireless status icon in task tray - gt Yes Display the progress indicator window when a profile is being applied - gt Yes Preferences ----------- Enable sound effects - gt No Do not show balloon tips from the Access Connections system tray icon - gt Yes Sh... Read more

Relevancy 67.08%

I'm confused. Here's the scenario. It's small office with a wireless network. They just installed a computer downstairs with one of those giant printer, scanner copier things.

I want to connect the printer to the existing network. The computer has a wireless card but the printer doesn't have wireless capabilities and needs to be plugged in via an ethernet cable. They want to be able to print to that printer from upstairs.

Should I get a wireless router and plug the printer into that or should I get an access point? Can you plug the printer into the access point? OR, should I get a wireless print server and plug the printer into one of the ethernet ports?
Thanks,

Bernie

Relevancy 67.08%

Have a Lost ipad on our wireless network.. 50+ wifi access points.. and thousands of wifi devices connected to them..

nmap the lost device but not showing what access point its connected too.

can ping the device.

tracert shows my computer directly to lost device. will not trace thru which access point.

i can see wireless controller ip and all wifi access points.. but cannot trace the lost device.

can ping the device and see it.. shows up in my inventory just needing a way to trace route or nmap it to see where at in the building its connected tooo. so can narrow down the access point..

Relevancy 66.22%

Hi all Pulling my hair out at the Inspiron machine type nbsp We ve had it for about two years and it has never connected point Inspiron >10 3000 to 11 from does feet not WiFI 3137 access connect to our home router at a range greater than about ten feet from the access point The problem started when we first took it out of the box then running Windows later now Windows nbsp All the OS upgrades have neither made the problem better nor worse Router is a Linksys E in other words Inspiron 11 3137 3000 does not connect to WiFI >10 feet from access point name-brand stuff nbsp other machines in the house work all over the house and can connect to the router from anywhere in the house The driver is the latest version and we have ruled out problems with firewall settings nbsp We can ping any network service but no luck on HTTP POP SMTP etc protocols For the past two Inspiron 11 3137 3000 does not connect to WiFI >10 feet from access point years my wife has solved the problem by sitting within feet from the access point but that Inspiron 11 3137 3000 does not connect to WiFI >10 feet from access point s not what we paid for and not what we expect from Dell nbsp Any ideas nbsp Anyone had a similar issue Thanks Kevin B

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993682
Relevancy 61.06%

Ok first off I would just like to say that this is my first thread post on with access cant I wifi or point" adapter "Problem to connect wireless this forum so sorry if I have done something wrong or am missing vital information My problem is that I am trying to connect to my college campus's wireless "Problem with wireless adapter or access point" I cant connect to wifi internet I will give more specific details in a bit Basically I was watching YouTube before going to class and shut down my PC before I left I was "Problem with wireless adapter or access point" I cant connect to wifi connected to the internet then and it was working fine When I got back is when I started getting problems I booted up my computer as I usually do but instead of automatically connecting to my school's network it didn't connect at all When I go down to the wifi signal on the bottom right and choose the network and hit connect it fails This is what it reads quot Windows was unable to connect to network name quot I have tried going to Control Panel - gt Network and Internet - gt Network Connections and disabling and enabling everything and that did not work I should also tell you that all the devices in this window have a red quot X quot next to them I also tried all of Windows quot troubleshooting problems quot What I don't get is that my phone connects just fine as well as everyone else on campus I'm getting a bit frustrated because I am quite knowledgeable when it comes to computers and this sort of thing I even custom built my own desktop at home Here are the specs of the laptop I am having trouble with Operating System Windows Ultimate x CPU Intel Core i - MQ ghz RAM gb Not sure if you need this info but these are all of my quot Network Adapters quot Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Bluetooth Device RFCOMM Protocol TDI Intel R Dual Band Wireless-AC Killer e PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS Please let me know if you need any extra information and I will try and add it as soon as possible Thanks for any and all help - John

A:"Problem with wireless adapter or access point" I cant connect to wifi

Quote:
Network Connections and disabling and enabling everything and that did not work. I should also tell you that all the devices in this window have a red "X" next to them.

Can we get a screen shot? I know what you mean but a pic would be nice.
In the meantime uninstall all the devices from device manager and let windows find them again. (you don't have to remove the driver for now)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/343314-problem-wireless-adapter-access-point-i-cant-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 60.63%

i installed sp3 and got a lot of problems, spyware killed mozilla firefox, ie wouldnt work hardly, computer very slow and 2 messages on startup saying:
The first one is: WLANmon.exe - Entry point not found. The procedure entry point apsSearchInterface could not be located in the dynamic library wlanapi.dll.

The second: WZCSLDR2.exe - Entry point not found. The procedure entry point apsInitialize could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll.

Not being very patient i eventually formatted and went back to sp2 and now the computer is running really well. But...
I am still getting these 2 messages on startup, i know it relates to my wireless network but i don't understand why this is happening now when it has never done this before when i've been using the exact same operating system.
Anyway, the wireless network works fine it's just i don't get why these messages come up whenever i startup.

any thoughts?
thanx

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi Having a WLAN problem with our Dell XPS Z running Windows Home Premium When I click on the network connections icon in the task bar it lists only Dial-up and VPN but gives no WiFi options This problem started several months ago WLAN connect - WiFi issue can't but I ve ignored it WLAN issue - WiFi can't connect until now The problem is not our router as I am currently connected to our wifi network using on another WLAN issue - WiFi can't connect laptop The problem laptop is able to connect to the internet through the router with WLAN issue - WiFi can't connect an ethernet cable If I go to Network Connections in the control panel it lists Wireless Network Connection and indicates the hardware is Intel Centrino Advanced N Here are things I ve tried to do so far none of which has resolved the problem - Ran MalwareBytes and AVG no problems found - Disable and re-enable the Wireless Network Connection Result no change - Diagnose the Wireless Network Connection Result Problems found the Windows wireless service is not running on this computer Not fixed - In Device Manager checked the Intel adapter - says it is working properly Tried updating the driver says it s the most up to date driver - Ran netsh winsock reset int ipv reset and int ipv reset and restarted the computer Result no change - System restore Looked into it but didn t do it because all the saved restore points are after the problem started - Ran services msc and tried to start the WLAN AutoConfig Result Error The authentivation service is unknown - Ran the System File Checker tool Result found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them Checking the log I searched for cannot repair but nothing comes up Searching for cannot in the logs turns up some cases of cannot verify component files for Microsoft-Windows-Security-Kerberos Search for corrupt turns up nothing - Tried the things listed here http www justanswer com software fr d-hello-again-molinari-i-question-you html For the first set of suggestions - the start entries in the Ndisuio folders were already at Deleted text as instructed in quot DependOnService quot and EapHost quot and restarted the computer Result no change - For the second set of suggestions on that page making changes to specific services in services msc I got the same exact results as that person except that this fixed their problem but not mine Notably I could not find Native wifi filter or NDIS usermode io protocol and for Remote Access Auto Connection Manager and Remote Access Connection Manager I get Error The dependency service or group failed to start I then tried to start Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol Service as suggested It says it started then stopped Some services stop automatically if not in use by other services or programs That s what I ve tried I see that Native wifi filter or NDIS usermode io protocol are listed in the dependencies for the WLAN AutoConfig and these services are not showing up in my services list Any chance this is part of the problem If so how do I resolve that Any other suggestions Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi all I have to the WLAN work as rather Router on from a WiFi LAN a a typical situation in my Internet and LAN setup My ISP provides me with a direct LAN cable that I need to connect either into my PC or into the WiFi Router WLAN port I also have a LAN that I need to connect to so I have installed a separate LAN card for the internal LAN purposes My two setups are below with their issues I hope someone can suggest a middle grounds to have a LAN and a WiFi too Scenario The ISP cable goes into the WLAN port of the Router Cables from the router goes into my PC network card and to other PCs for LAN purposes The PC cards are all configured to automatic IP LAN Internet WiFi is now available This works fine for a few days and then the internet stops working because there is a conflict of IP The ISP expects IPs like xxx and the one on the LAN Router for my PC is Scenario Router to work as a WiFi on the LAN rather from a WLAN The ISP cable goes into network card internet sharing is enabled Router to work as a WiFi on the LAN rather from a WLAN and automatic IP with the ISP s expected IP xxx Another cable goes from my PC s network card fixed IP into the regular LAN port of the same Router Without any issues over the months the Internet works the LAN works other PCs have fixed IPs too etc but no Wifi Can I have best of both the worlds in such a situation I can t install a rd network card for sure as the slot on the mother board is limited Please advise Thanks in advance Bhavbhuti nbsp

A:Router to work as a WiFi on the LAN rather from a WLAN

Code:

Scenario-1
isp==>(wan)router-->PC card-1, et al (conflict 123.237,234.xxx v 192.168.1.100)

Scenario-2
ISP===->pc card-1
pc card-2==>router
scenario-1 is a configuration or firmware condition
scenario-2 is a real security issue and the primary PC is basically acting as a DMZ server and is at risk.
Here's my setup:
Code:

isp==(wan)router-1--- PCs in the same room
|
+---(lan)router-2(with wifi) - - - wifi connections in the den

configuration to make this work with full file/print sharing:
router-2:

disable DHCP in this router
setup all WiFi settings here
notice: router-2 wan slot is left empty to make this work
Router-1:

set LAN address of router one as you please (eg: 192.168.1.1 )

set an address reservation for router-2's MAC -> a fixed, constant IP address on that same subnet (eg 192.168.1.254)
set the DHCP range small (eg 2-32)
router-1 will control all auto-ip assignments for both routers.

Personally, I add another tweak;

reserve ip addresses for all of my devices into the low-end of the dhcp range (say 2-10) and
let 'guests' take addresses above 10
This gives the opportunity to allow file/print sharing to known systems (2-10) and disallow for the guests.

Setup totally within the routers allow my laptop to travel and not be effected by these choices.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-to-work-as-a-wifi-on-the-lan-rather-from-a-wlan.207258/
Relevancy 55.47%

My WLAN button on my compaq presario cq57 is not working how can I turn on my wifi from my computer?

A:Wifi WLAN button not working

First check the status of your adapter in Device Manager, then if that is OK go to Control Panel, Network and Sharing Center. In the upper left corned, click on Change Adapter Settings, then look at the status of the adapter; right click it and see if the option to Enable is available.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-wlan-button-not-working.1155517/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a problem with my notebook Lenovo e31-70: I can't detect all wifi network around me.  Only if I am near a wifi router i can see Wifi Network.

I have intel pro Wireless, i downloaded driver from Lenovo support (17.14.1.1) and from intel .
I have windows 7 Professional 64bit

Is there any problem with Wifi wireless card?

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-C-E-K-M-N-and-V-Series/E31-70-Wlan-problem-Notebook-wifi-detection-network/td-p/2205894
Relevancy 54.61%

I have 135Mbps link speed support ADSL WI-FI router. I have enabled 802.11b+g+n wireless mode and use 20+40 MHz on my router. I use "WAP-PSK" authentication. In addition to that, have a 2.4 & 5 GHz frequency support router and client device.

But my network connection display (WLAN) I have a 54Mbps link speed, why is that? How do I use 135Mbps or at least 100Mbps link speed? Is it a some configuration issue? My Ethernet connection show full speed (100Mbps).

(I'm not talking about my internet connection speed).

A:Help me to use full speed my WiFi connection ( WLAN)

Brand and model of the router and the wifi card or usb thats in your PC might help, thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/270919-help-me-use-full-speed-my-wifi-connection-wlan.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi, Need Network Drivers (WLAN, WIFI, etc) for HP Pavilion Notebook 15-ab15nr on Windows 7 ? Please let me know from where i can download it. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Need-Network-Drivers-WLAN-WIFI-etc-for-HP-Pavilion-15/td-p/5753295
Relevancy 54.61%

My laptop used to be connected

1. wirelessly to a wireless router and
2. physically to a switch via ethernet cable to access other PCs on site

For years, I was able to

1. enjoy wireless internet access and
2. transfer big files to my other PCs via ethernet, having prioritised the LAN connection

All was well. After two months absence from work, I found the wireless router was broken, so I bought two new ones, same model as before, just in case. Windows 7 Enterprise also updated in the meantime.

Now, when the ethernet cable is plugged in, I have no wireless internet access ("Attempting to Authenticate... forever); when the ethernet cable is not plugged in, I have instant wireless access.

What could I do? I am puzzled... Thanks in advance for any advice!

A:Ethernet LAN and WIFI / WLAN not working simultaneously

Hi ... What is the Model Number of your Laptop ... Some Laptops have a feature in the BIOS which will enable both connections ...

You should check there first especially if you Laptop is an HP ...

Also check out the Solutions in the Link below ...
How to use Wireless and Wired Connection both at a same time in Windows 7? - Super User

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/363638-ethernet-lan-wifi-wlan-not-working-simultaneously.html
Relevancy 54.61%

This is an old iPAQ Compaq HNW- pcmcia card I m trying to install under XP w sp You can skip Transport Solved: ? - WLAN WiFi Required Is for It everything else as I am just curious IF How to install the WLAN transport under Network Properties These are the drivers links I have Solved: WLAN Transport - Is It Required for WiFi ? used I m pretty sure all one needs is the newest Apr driver utility the Microsoft website didn t list anything for me once I had these installed http hp mydriversdownload com hp- -for-Windows-XP-Hom-Edition html http www wireless-driver com download hp compaq-ipaq- mbps-wireless-pc-card-windows-xp-driver htm TITLE Compaq iPAQ Wireless PC Card Driver for Windows XP Version V Dec Operating System s Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Windows XP Professional File name sp exe MB Download Download DESCRIPTION This contains the Windows XP driver for the Compaq iPAQ Wireless PC Card for use with any computer running Windows XP that has a PCMCIA slot This is the same driver that was in SoftPaq SP but it is packaged differently for easier installation LANGUAGE S English ENHANCEMENT S - New deployment for easier installation More details available in README TXT file unpacked when SoftPaq is executed http www wireless-driver com download hp compaq-hp-ipaq- mbps-wireless-pc-card-driver-utility htm http www wireless-driver com download hp compaq-hp-ipaq- mbps-wireless-pc-card-driver-utility htm PART NUMBER - A- Device Name Compaq Mbps Wireless PC Card Device ID PCMCIA COMPAQ- MBPS WIRELESS PC CARD- B TITLE iPAQ Mbps Wireless PC Card Driver and Configuration Utility VERSION Rev C Apr File name sp exe MB DOES NOT SAY XP I also found this updated link for the sp http h www hp com ewfrf wc amp product amp sw lang amp key null amp site null Now originally i noted this did not work for XP Wellllllll the information now contained inside the notes says it does I was able to install the drivers without fuss drivers first then insert the card and all seemed well without any issue but I never did try to connect It had listed that it seen some networks But once I noticed that WLAN was not listed under the Network Properties Control Panel -- gt Start -- gt Run -- gt ncpa cpl i aborted and started doing some referencing I thought WLAN was a requirement for MS Windows So really my only question is will wifi work without WLAN or what issues can one expect Thank You nbsp

A:Solved: WLAN Transport - Is It Required for WiFi ?

Well, I tried the update/control package/driver called SP20429. Needless to say it did nothing! There are sites listing this as a compatible XP driver. BS!

What did work was this item from the Microsoft Windows Update site (auto detected)

( www.update.microsoft.com ) :

"GemTek Technology Co., Ltd - Networking - Compaq 11 Mbps Wireless Pc Card
Compaq Corporation Net Driver Version 2.10.24

GemTek Technology Co., Ltd - Networking - Compaq 11 Mbps Wireless Pc Card
Date last published: 5/17/2004
Compaq Corporation Net Driver Version 2.10.24"

As you can see it lists this as a Gemtek Taiwan product for this Compaq/iPAQ HNW-100.

Normaly, you are suppose to install the drivers THEN insert this Pcmcia card. Well, you have to do just the opposite if you want the MS update site to find the driver. Insert the card and have another connection to the internet to access the website.

Or, find this file "SP19978.exe" (i found it searching online/links listed) it should get you online to check for further MS updates. The version info on the sp19978 file should be a newer item as its version is noted as v2.10.29.1029. Whether the release date of DEC 14, 2001 I've referenced is correct is unknown. Note that you could have issues if you have more then one connection and you may need to reboot. The original versions of XP and some products are a pain in the arse to make work.
THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS EITHER NOT CORRECT, OUTDATED, OR requires some other pertinent setting (i think its outdated or listed incorrectly):

For file SP20429 it does not to work. at least by itself! I have found it listed as compatible with XP but it explicity states CE and 2002 (ce?) and says nothing about XP in the install notes contained upon executing the file.

Links and info to sp20429:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...09&product=218401&sw_lang=&key=null&site=null

Description: This contains the software to support the Compaq iPAQ 11 Mbps Wireless PC Card on handheld devices using Windows CE 3.0, Windows for Pocket PC 2000, or Windows for Pocket PC 2002, and on notebooks that have an available PCMCIA slot and run Windows CE 3.0.
Details and specifications
File name: sp20429.exe [1/1, 1.24M]
Released: 2002-04-25
Version: 1.7.29 C

Compatibility: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Microsoft Windows CE for H/PC, Microsoft Windows 95, Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Windows NT 4.0, Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows for Pocket PC 2000, Microsoft Windows ME, Microsoft Windows for Pocket PC 2002
Fix/Enhancement: •Supports Package For The Web.
•Allows the Wireless PC Card to be used with WEP and 802.1x encrypted access points.
--------End non-valid info

Additional correct info and settings
WLAN is "wireless Lan" is a Wireless Network Card control protocol/language. WLAN is also an additional transport protocol that may or may not be required and either will or will not be included in your driver updates, period.

With XP and later (and possibly 2k) you can control your Wifi-NiC (Wireless Network Interface Card) by opening up your "Computer Management" Snap-In control panel which is accessed by typing "compmgmt.msc" into your Start/Run box.

Then Look under "Services" and then under "Wireless Zero Config" (WZC). Once you have found it select the properties. Under this new popup window will be these required settings: set to "Auto", "Enabled", and "Started". Thats it. These settings should not require a reboot.

Need a driver to get you going? You can either try using driverguide with the above info or use the following SP19978 (2.3mb). Between this driver and using the Windows WZC controls which is very basic and requires only TCP-IP to get you up and running and you should not have issue outside the stock settings if everything is set to auto-obtain and the firewall is off (f... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wlan-transport-is-it-required-for-wifi.968078/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi, the problem I have is that every time i shutdown and power back on, my Wifi, WLAN and all the USB drivers are not working.

I found all I have to do is disable and then enable the Wifi / WLAN drivers in device manager, to start them working. And I found that If I uninstall all the USB devices in device manager they then reinstall automatically.

But then when I reboot then they are not working again.

I tried a system restore to when the drivers were working but they don't change.

I have downloaded the latest drivers from Intel's website, and tried DriverMax which says the drivers are the latest version.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit on a Dell Studio 1555. The Wifi / WLAN drivers are Intel.

I've tried searching on google but I haven't come across anyone with this problem. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas?

A:Wifi, WLAN and USB drivers disable after every reboot

re install the drivers using Dells recommended drivers http://support.dell.com/support/down...nConsent=False
hope this helps you , if you have any problems please post back

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/64936-wifi-wlan-usb-drivers-disable-after-every-reboot.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi fellas First of all sorry if some of you find this thread duplicate but I couldn't find one closely related to my case And the case is as follows On my HP dv - eq laptop with Atheros WiFi chipset the WiFi 'WLAN 'random' autoconfig' to dissconnects due WiFi connection drops at 'random' intervals after the laptop has been started The only thing that solves this issue albeit for short is manually disabling and then re-enabling the WLAN device from Network Adapters This manifested few months ago alas I didn't recall what I might have changed back then Sometimes it drops almost immediately after boot sometimes it takes hours to do so WiFi 'random' dissconnects due to 'WLAN autoconfig' The lappy has user accounts Exactly the same behavior on all three of them Now the only thing I could see as a possible reason from the event logs is that right before the drop an event 'WLAN Autoconfig has successfully stopped ' occurs Without any further explanation So far when I boot in Safe Mode with Networking this issue doesn't present itself for as many hours as the laptop runs Tried disabling few programs firewall antivir etc but still the same Any help is highly appreciated and I am ready to fully cooperate Thanks

A:WiFi 'random' dissconnects due to 'WLAN autoconfig'

Hi dstoynev,

By any chance are you using a Wireless Manager for your laptop?

If you have not done this yet, please remove all wireless profiles stored in your computer.
Easy Way to Delete Wireless Network Profile in Windows 7
Re add your SSID (wireless network) that you're trying to connect to with the correct encryption.

Have you updated your Wi-Fi adapter's driver to the latest by downloading it from the manufacturer's site?

If none of the above suggestions worked please install and run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector from one of your wireless computers. Double click the Xirrus Icon on your Desktop, Tap the Printscreen key on your keyboard, open up Paint then choose Edit from the Menu and select Paste, then SAVE it. Upload and attached the file here.

An update will be appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/212523-wifi-random-dissconnects-due-wlan-autoconfig.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi
Further to an update to windows 10 that totally screwed my laptop, I had to reinstall windows 7 (from another disk than original) and then to re install all the drivers.
I downloaded all from the sites :chipset, lan, wifi.... And everything was ok but the wifi : there is no wifi card regonized by the system
i have only a "!" on the driver (network controller)
help would be most appreciated and thanked
Kind regards

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91719-WiFi-WLan-driver-problem-on-Satellite-L505
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a Dell 1390 Wlan in an Inspiron 1501 running Windows XP. A few weeks ago we upgraded our Internet DSL from 500 kbps to 3mbps. I'm achiving 3m with a hard connection, but still only 500k via WiFi. To see if it was the wlan card, I installed the software and used my husband's Netgear USB wireless adapter on my Inspiron. With it I get a 3m connection. Shouldn't the Dell 1390 be able to handle a 3m connection? Is there a setting somewhere I need to change?

A:Slow WiFi connection w/Dell 1390 WLAN

There should be no reason that your machine can't sustain a 3mbit connection.

Top suspect would be the wireless drivers, update them from the Dell support pages.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-wifi-connection-w-dell-1390-wlan.902008/
Relevancy 54.18%

I want to start by has no card? Do I a WLAN HELP! options?! Network new need WiFi Adapter saying I have no business trying to fix this on my own but I am determined it has to be something simple I can not pin point what I did to cause my Wi Fi to stop working or disable I have tried all the trouble shooting solutions but unfortunately my magic F button will not enable let alone show the option when ghosted I took my keyboard off and verified the Realtek RTL SE is in fact there however next to Do I need a new WLAN card? Network Adapter has no WiFi options?! HELP! Network adapters only the PCIe FE Family Controller is listed I recently tried to download the Fix offered by Toshiba and Windows restarted my computer and it is still not recognizing my Wi Fi Please tell me its an easy fix or just that I need to buy a new card Any advice is greatly appreciated But please give me the Windows Do I need a new WLAN card? Network Adapter has no WiFi options?! HELP! for Dummies version because again I have no clue what I am doing Thanks again for any help offered Racheal

A:Do I need a new WLAN card? Network Adapter has no WiFi options?! HELP!

Under network adapters, I included all the "Hidden Devices" in the screen capture! However the Family Controller is the only one listed otherwise.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/206288-do-i-need-new-wlan-card-network-adapter-has-no-wifi-options-help.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Greetings guys, I've run into some network issues here.  I've noticed that my wifi signal became very poor, like modem is 2 feet from me, and laptop has very poor wifi signal (it wasn't like that before). I opened the laptop to see what's going on. I saw this wifi card ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/792608-005-792200-001-GENUINE-HP-WIRELESS-BLUETOOTH-CARD-ENVY-M6-P-M6-P113DX... ) . It has 2 connectors, BUT only one antenna attached to it. Where is the other antenna ? I'm pretty sure they should always include 2 antennas ? I've tried searching for it, but i didn't want to go further and disassemble all other stuff, since i don't know if i am losing warranty by it. but from what i could see, there wasn't second antenna included. I don't know why is my signal so poor, it wasn't like this before. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/15-ac035nm-Only-one-wlan-aerial-antenna-really-poor-wifi/td-p/5743636
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello all
I just bought a leguang N-120 usb wifi wlan card out door antenna for my windows 7 dell laptop. It works great getting 4 bars from 2000 feet away.I need to know where I can find a wireless router for it so I can use it on other computers in house. I tried using mhotspot but cannot get it to work.

A:leguang n-120 wifi usb wlan card need wireless router

From website, it seems pretty straight forward to set up.

Maybe you need to disable the on-board wireless, in case you haven't done that yet.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/371865-leguang-n-120-wifi-usb-wlan-card-need-wireless-router.html
Relevancy 54.18%

guys this one has me stumped cold. Dell Inspiron laptop, very clean software wise, had original mini-card [internal] which could not detect any wifi networks - known good wifi AP's. All the windows checked showed the device working properly but I finally replaced it with one of the better "n" cards out there. Same thing all over again. Put it right next to a working AP, cannot detect a thing. Antennae is hooked up properly.

If I plug a good WIFI stick into USB, it works immediately, no drama.

I have no idea what is preventing this from detecting anything. What should I be looking for?

A:WLAN Mini-card Good, but cannot detect WIFI ??

Hi zapp22,

It appears that the 'Wireless Card' is currently 'Disabled'; please check its status in 'BIOS' and 'enable' it if needed. To access 'BIOS' you may follow the steps listed below:
- Power off the laptop > Power it back on and at 'Dell splash screen', repeatedly tap 'F 2 key' (BIOS screen should appear) > Usually 'Dell Inspiron' laptops have a 'category' named 'Advanced' > Ensure that WLAN is enabled > 'Save Settings' and 'Exit'
(Note: BIOS setup may vary based on different laptop models)

If the wireless card still does not detect any networks in 'Windows', try tapping <Function><F2> or only <F2> if the previous key combination does not work. This is the 'radio control' for the 'Wireless Card' installed in the system.

Hope this helps. Do reply with the finding; would be glad to assist.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/271108-wlan-mini-card-good-but-cannot-detect-wifi.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi Friends I've been running into issues with wifi connectivity ever since the Fall update of Windows Symptons typically include first a limited connection yellow icon and second no connection available red icon This typically happens with - minutes after startup Rebooting helps sporadically In addition I have tried the following netsh int ip reset netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled netsh int tcp help issues wanted Wlan 10 - 802.11n card wifi connectivity - Windows set global autotuninglevel disabled netsh int tcp set global rss enabled This works upon reboot however symptons continue to appear again Here are the specifics about my system Windows HomeVersion - OS Build - x n Wlan Card more information below Drivers updated through DriverTalent Driver management program reporting version -- gt Device manager gt Network adapter gt n Wlan card reports version Windows updated installed KB dec and KB dec Hardware Model Asus X LA Intel Core i - GHZ GB RAM Intel HD Graphics Network adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family controler - ethernet Hardware ID PNP Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS E B amp REV amp E F amp amp E I tried reinstalling Windows several times even rolling back to Windows however symptons continue to Wlan card 802.11n Windows 10 - wifi connectivity issues - help wanted appear Also I've tried to update adapter drivers through device managers but symptons continue to appear The registry key wipe reg delete HKCR CLSID f -a ad- bf- - cbbc ba va f amp netcfg -v -u dni dne as a result I got an error reporting back 'ERROR Invalid key name' I ve been struggling with this issue for several weeks so any help suggestions is very much appreciated When running the trouble shooters on Wlan card 802.11n Windows 10 - wifi connectivity issues - help wanted the 'no connection' it generates the following output report The Wlan card 802.11n Windows 10 - wifi connectivity issues - help wanted default gateway is not availableThe default gateway is not available The default gateway is a device that connects a local network or computer to the Internet A broadband modem or router is usually the default gateway Not fixed Not Fixed Investigate router or broadband modem issues Failed Reset the quot WiFi quot adapter Completed Issues found Detection details Problem with wireless adapter or access point Not fixed Not Fixed Reset the wireless adapter Failed Investigate router or access point issues Failed If you're connected to a hotspot or domain network contact the network administrator Otherwise Unplug or turn off the device Once all of the lights on the device are off wait at least seconds Turn the device back on or plug it back into the power outlet To restart a router or access point that has a built-in battery press and quickly release the Reset button A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken Not fixed Not Fixed Plug an Ethernet cable into this computer Failed An Ethernet cable looks like a telephone cable but with larger connectors on the ends Plug this cable into the opening on the back or side of the computer Make sure the other end of the cable is plugged into the router If that does not help try using a different cable The default gateway is not available Not fixed Not Fixed The default gateway is a device that connects a local network or computer to the Internet A broadband modem or router is usually the default gateway Investigate router or broadband modem issues Failed If you're connected to a hotspot or domain network contact the network administrator Otherwise Unplug or turn off the device Once all the lights on the device are off wait at least seconds Turn the device on or plug it back in to the power outlet To restart a router or modem that has a built-in battery press and quickly release the Reset button Reset the quot WiFi quot adapter Completed This can sometimes resolve an intermittent problem InformationalNetwork Diagnostics Log File Name D FB C-AF - A- AE-DB F F BF Repair etl Detection details Expand Inf... Read more

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/34787-wlan-card-802-11n-windows-10-wifi-connectivity-issues-help-wanted.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Assume I have two computers A and B which are connected (through WLAN/Wifi router) in an inhouse net.

Now I have to transfer huge file archives (> 10 GB) from A to B and other huge file archives from B to A.

I could either do this file transfers
1) in parallel (=start copying files from A to B and from B to A at the same time)
or
2) wait until file copying from A to B is finished and then start B to A.

What is faster?

I could imagine that protocol overhead and interrupts in case 1 could slow down throughput.
On the other hand I could use in case 1 unused upload capacity into the opposite direction during download.

Any recommendations for this scenario?

Peter

A:Paralell WLAN/Wifi file transfer slower than sequential?

Safer is point 2.
It may use some RAM or pagefile to store the buffer.
Read is faster than Write.

Go to a shop deal with cable.
Ask for twisted cable where you can joint both computer, to able to see both.
Ask the staff as they will explain more in detail.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/399136-paralell-wlan-wifi-file-transfer-slower-than-sequential.html
Relevancy 53.32%

hi
when i buy satellite c50-b892 its windows 8.10 but recent i setup windows 7 but now i cant install wifi and bluethoot driver and cant connect it.
i try to download driver but its not work can help me plz

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?90031-Can-t-setup-WiFi-WLAN-and-Bluetooth-driver-on-Satellite-C50-b892
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello using the Microsoft Windows Software Development Kit v SDK i compiled the WirelessHostedNetwork Example I use the adapters multiple wlanapi.dll HostedNetwork WLAN network WIFI / native | | physical Native Wifi Functions in wlanapi dll As in the wireless Hosted Network Example described I open a quot WlanOpenHandle quot initialize with quot WlanHostedNetworkInitSettings quot wlanapi.dll / native WIFI | HostedNetwork | multiple physical WLAN network adapters set the SSID name quot SetConnectionSettings quot and the password with quot SetSecondaryKey quot With quot WirelessHostednetworkStartUsing quot and quot WlanHostedNetworkStopUsing quot i can Start wlanapi.dll / native WIFI | HostedNetwork | multiple physical WLAN network adapters Stop the Virtual wlanapi.dll / native WIFI | HostedNetwork | multiple physical WLAN network adapters AcessPoint In the Network and Sharing Center there is allways a quot Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter quot created However we have the scenario that the computer has more then only one physical WLAN network adapter installed Therefore we want to assign a certain physical wireless network card to the WirelessHostedNetwork Using the quot WlanEnumInterfaces quot function it is possible to enumerate all physical wireless network cards and its GUID on the computer However it has not possible to assign a certain wireless network card to the wlanHandle I got after quot WlanOpenHandle quot It is also required to configure the IP address range of the WirelessHostedNetwork By default this is set always to XXX nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Thanks a lot

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ee0bf9ed-1f54-458b-ba04-c20541dcdda4/wlanapidll-native-wifi-hostednetwork-multiple-physical-wlan-network-adapters?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello,
is there any way to block or remove wi-fi point from accessible networks list?
I wont see that network in my list and be it accessible from my PC.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-block-wifi-point-412500.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Dear Members I have been facing the issue of frequent Vostro 64 Windows 1704, - Loss Issue bit, 10 WLAN Wifi Dell - DW Frequent 3446, wifi disconnection for the past - months The problem get sorted out temporarily after running netsh command or after resetting WIFI adapter or rolling back to an older version However this never Frequent Wifi Loss Issue - Windows 10 - 64 bit, Dell Vostro 3446, DW 1704, WLAN has been a permanent solution The problem further aggravated after Window Anniversary update in July I am hardly using my WIFI after Frequent Wifi Loss Issue - Windows 10 - 64 bit, Dell Vostro 3446, DW 1704, WLAN this update I use a Dell Vostro laptop with DW - WLAN Card The part number of WLAN card is R GW - OS Windows Home Single Language Edition with bit I upgraded from Windows What I have already tried doing - Network adapter reset using feature provided in window and also by running netsh command in Command Prompt Have tried rolling back the driver but it works temporarily Have tried installing re-installing drivers listed on Dell support page of my PC however every driver shows error after installation Tried windows troubleshooter - this used to fix my problem after November update but after March updates it didn't resolve my disconnection issue Have tried using almost every suggestion provided on various MS and Dell Community Forums I also unchecked the setting of 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' in Power Management of the wireless network adapter And optimised the wireless settings as suggested by Dell but none worked Unfortunately I have run out of Dell Warranty Support hence can't contact them In this case can someone please provide me with a specific solution to deal with this issue I will be happy to supply more information Best regards Tej

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440945-frequent-wifi-loss-issue-windows-10-64-bit-dell-vostro-3446-dw-1704-wlan.html
Relevancy 51.6%

hi i have just moved into a new appartment that has a free wifi connection the problem is that my apartment is in the basement at the completly opposite side of the office and i cant get a strong enough signal to connect to the internet and im not very good with computers the first time i tride setting up the repeater i was able to connect everything and get online but it had changed the ssid and when i tride to change it bacck to its origanil name i lost my internet connection and have not been able to get access the internet again please help me figure this out so a wa901nd router access point access connecting repeator as to tp-link the without i can get access to online again than Tech connecting tp-link wa901nd access point as a repeator without access to the router Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD Duron tm processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card S Graphics ProSavageDDR Microsoft Corporation Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard KM - Antivirus None nbsp connecting tp-link wa901nd access point as a repeator without access to the router

A:connecting tp-link wa901nd access point as a repeator without access to the router

my apartment is in the basement at the completly opposite side of the office and i cant get a strong enough signal to connectClick to expand...

So, where are you placing the repeater? In the hall way?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-tp-link-wa901nd-access-point-as-a-repeator-without-access-to-the-router.1073488/
Relevancy 51.17%

This question may not be what you think it is I am trying to fix an intermittent issue Wireless Point access you a via Can Cable Access moden in my home environment The issue is I am having to use wireless Our Xfinity Cable WAP modem sits on the top floor of our house I am located in Can you access a Cable moden via Wireless Access Point the basement The wireless signal I get most of the time is very good and by very good i mean at least mb s on speedtest com I am taking the Cisco Network Academy classes and am familiar with network terminology and concepts However what I'm trying to do is take a router WAP using it downstairs where I'm located and configure it to access our xfinity modem upstairs so that I can plug in to it Can you access a Cable moden via Wireless Access Point downstairs using a Can you access a Cable moden via Wireless Access Point RJ- Is this possible Let me know what yall think By the way the router wap i would be using is a netgear model unknown at this moment but could easily find out Thanks Eric

A:Can you access a Cable moden via Wireless Access Point

As long as the two devices are on the same subnet (as they should be in normal circumstances) then it should work.

You may need to designate your wireless machine, in the router, as having access privileges.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/215104-can-you-access-cable-moden-via-wireless-access-point.html
Relevancy 51.17%

At home I have cable high speed internet, an access point and 3 computers connected to access point. The access point have a IP address, XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX. The 3 computers have static IP addresses as 192.168.0.30, 31 and 32.
How can I connect to any of these computers (lets say telnet to one of the Linux machine) from out side world?

A:Access a computer behind access point at home from outside world

dbdude said:

How can I connect to any of these computers (lets say telnet to one of the Linux machine) from out side world?Click to expand...

You would need to set up port forwarding on your networking hardware from a specific port number on your public IP address to a specific port number on the Linux machine. Telnet typically uses port #23.

If your cable broadband service uses a dynamic IP address then you will need to subscribe to some dynamic DNS service so that people on the outside can connect to your network using its current public IP address.

EDIT: You need to check your ISP's usage policy to make sure they allow running any type of server on your account. If not permitted, they may block incoming connections on some port numbers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-a-computer-behind-access-point-at-home-from-outside-world.876411/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello everyone I've searched on this now for several days but couldn't solve my problem What I want I want to put all my machines LAN homegroup single Access WLAN from AND into one single homegroup so they can see each other and share things My setup PC connected to router via ETHERNET Notebooks connected to router via WIRELESS LAN Problem I created the first homegroup on my PC let's call it ETHERNET GROUP Then I connected to my wireless lan with one of my notebooks and couldn't see the homegroup So I Access single homegroup from LAN AND WLAN created another group let's call it WIRELESS GROUP After this I connected with my second notebook via WLAN and was able to join the WIRELESS GROUP Now the notebooks are in one homegroup but I'm not able to connect to this group from ethernet or vice versa Additional info I haven't installed any AV software or firewalls All systems are fresh setups I've found a hint somewhere which says that homegroups are connection bound is that true Is there a possibility to create one group for every of my machines Any hints appriciated Thanks in advance Alex

A:Access single homegroup from LAN AND WLAN

Homegroups are realized via ipv6 link-local addressing, which is specific to the interface.

To enable a single homegroup across wired and wireless network, your router would have to be capable of bridging the two interfaces together.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/80007-access-single-homegroup-lan-wlan.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello,
WLAN itself works fine. Without any encryption, all PC users can access the network and Internet. After setting up WEP encryption in the modem and the PC, only the main user can get access to network. For all the other users, Windows Vista asks for a password or key and nobody knows what Vista actually means by that?! Which key? The one given to the PC as the initial key for WEP?! It cannot be viewed?

What is the procedure the enable network access for the other users of the PC?

Google does not reveal any help for this problem...

Relevancy 49.45%

Hello everybody I would like some help on certain connectivity issues WLAN Limited/Slow/No access from on laptop i'm experiencing Limited/Slow/No access from laptop on WLAN with my laptop Please help Here is the hardware Laptop ASUS A E with Intel Wireless WiFi Link AGN and Realtek Ethernet ADSL Limited/Slow/No access from laptop on WLAN modem router TP-Link TD- ND Desktop with Atheros Ethernet Both PCs running Win Pro I used to have a Netcomm NB W modem router and that was problem free Now since I have started using the new router I can't use the wifi network at all The laptop goes retard after connecting to the network It cant access the internet when set in PPPoE mode cant dial when set in bridged can't see the homegroup or share files Keeps disconnecting cant open the router config page cant use remote desktop and most surprising if I try to hibernate the screen goes blank as usual but then it just waits and waits till I switch off the router then it continues to save to disk and go off I have an android phone and that seems to be connecting to the network ok but I have to confirm I have the latest intel driver installed I have tried g n b g n on the router Thanks in advance for any help Here is my WLAN config from the router config from laptop and advanced sharing settings which are the same for both Laptop and Desktop

A:Limited/Slow/No access from laptop on WLAN

Where is this modem configuration page coming from because it looks like this is from a router and not a modem.

This is the most likely problem you are seeing now, if you are trying to connect a router to another router that would explain the problems you are having.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/267140-limited-slow-no-access-laptop-wlan.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have been trying for some time to accomplish the title result. I'm not techie enough to do it.

What I want is to be able to use a Tablet to read in the rear of my home (which is out of range for incoming wifi signal.)

If I can set up the computer to do this, I will cable connect to a router in that area.
I have two computers and could use either.

1.a PC running XP (should update to windows 8.1, but have never bothered to do that, since XP works just fine. (I had this computer sharing to the router, when I had DSL internet connection, using Windows wizard to set it up) Couldn't get it to work when I switched to WIFI internet access) I could switch to win 7 or 8.1 if that would help.

2. a Lap Top running WIN 8.1,

Any help is appreciated.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/75655-internet-access-via-wifi-share-wifi-via-second-router.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Okay, so this starts a few days ago when lighting hit the electric company's cords coming to my home. It destroyed a cable box, a tower, a monitor ,our modem, and our router. We've thankful got everything back up and running with an old laptop that was laying around. Unfortunately , i'm not very well versed in the router world. We bought a brand new NetGear router and it's lovely, however I found something called logs and now i'm terrified that I have some sort of Trojan running rampant on my computer. Please help.
Using:
Windows 8.1
Toshiba Satellite C55D-A

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-dos-attacks-admin-login-failures-wlan-access.1168299/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello,
I need some help please!
I have a Dell D420 and the Radio switch on the side is on the on position ((I)) but I am not able to get online...
The 1394 Net Adapter icon in the control panel shows me "Connected, Firewalled", but when I open the Dell WLAN Utility the Radio check box keeps reverting to Un-checked and the "Link Status" tab tells me my Radio is disabled... Why?
My laptop was picking up this wi-fi signal just fine till I came back from a trip to India where I had installed a Reliance little USB internet sim card to get on the internet there... I uninstalled that Reliance program, thinking it might have messed something up(?) but I'm still having the same problem...
Thanks so much for your help with this!!!

A:Dell WLAN Utility says I'm disabled, but I'm not! --Can't access internet :(

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-wlan-utility-says-im-disabled-but-im-not-cant-access-internet.1116022/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I have one HP G laptop When I turn the laptop one it boots up normal but slow Either LAN or WLAN icon shows Network connected However no applications IE Google Chrome Malwarebytes Updates etc on the laptop can connect to the Internet These applications indicate no network connection I opened the network center and looked at the connection diagram there is no quot X quot on the connection The network metering shows there is the exchanging data packages between the computer and the network Below are things that I had applied Ran Malwarebytes -- gt No infection detected Ran Kaspersky took for ever -- gt No infection detected Ran IP commands a netsh winsock reset b netsh int ip reset resetlog txt c ipconfig flushdns d ipconfig registerdns e ipconfig release f ipconfig renew I did all the things above with Administrator account but still nothing can access can access no Internet connection, applications shows to LAN and but WLAN the Internet Now I stuck Anyone can help me to resolve this problem Thanks CT Laptop Spec HP G AMD A GB RAM Windows Home Premium x nbsp

A:LAN and WLAN shows connection, but no applications can access to Internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-and-wlan-shows-connection-but-no-applications-can-access-to-internet.1119951/
Relevancy 49.02%

If I try to run the command:

Code:
netsh wlan show profiles
even if I run the command prompt with administrative privileges, I receive back:

Code:
Function WlanGetProfileList returns error 5:
Access is denied.
Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

A:netsh wlan show profiles: Access is denied

When you have cmd open have you right clicked and clicked properties and under the security tab see what it says for user profiles(full control, read/write)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/352713-netsh-wlan-show-profiles-access-denied.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

I can not get any internet running through my laptop, I have checked the hosts file, checked proxys, auto obtain ip address, and nothing is working... This is only a new problem, and have used both ways connecting to the Internet within the last week.
Any suggestions?

Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,
At home I have Zyxel B-500 access point which I use for accessing interent. It works great with all devices (inlcuding my pocket pc) but my Sony Viao notebook (VGN-FS415MR). I already tried to re-install windows but no chance. I do not knwo what to do....may be there are some special dirvers or may be i need any updates? Any ideas?

A:can't access internet via access point

Is the NIC in the laptop compatible with the wireless signal from the AP? If the AP supports B & G and the laptop is only A it will not connect. Are you trying to connect to the same channel the WASP is using or is there any encryption used like WPA or WEP?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-internet-via-access-point.523883/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello people. I've recently purchased an Edimax EW-7416APN Wireless 802.11n Access Point - Range extender to extend the wireless range in a hospital ward. The problem that I'm having at the minute is than any wireless device that is running on Windows 7 or Vista can connect to the Access Point but it's not giving them Internet access. However, it is providing Internet access to Wireless Devices on other operating systems. For example, we have successfully connected to the Internet using an iBook, iPhone and a laptop running Linux. The laptop that's running Linux is dual booting with Windows 7 and also successfully connects to other wireless routers in Windows 7, as did other laptops that were running Windows Vista. I have upgraded the firmware on the range extender but this has made no difference.

Has anyone else come across this problem? If so, how can I rectify it?

Thanks in advance.

John

A:Access point with no Internet access

Quote: Originally Posted by Jonneyred77

Hello people. I've recently purchased an Edimax EW-7416APN Wireless 802.11n Access Point - Range extender to extend the wireless range in a hospital ward. The problem that I'm having at the minute is than any wireless device that is running on Windows 7 or Vista can connect to the Access Point but it's not giving them Internet access. However, it is providing Internet access to Wireless Devices on other operating systems. For example, we have successfully connected to the Internet using an iBook, iPhone and a laptop running Linux. The laptop that's running Linux is dual booting with Windows 7 and also successfully connects to other wireless routers in Windows 7, as did other laptops that were running Windows Vista. I have upgraded the firmware on the range extender but this has made no difference.

Has anyone else come across this problem? If so, how can I rectify it?

Thanks in advance.

John

John
You are probably using "homegroup". Homegroup, on some systems, has connectivity issues. You van test that by creating a new network connection using "workgroup" instead. If it works you can disable IPv6 and kill homegroup.
Let usw know if you need help doing that.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/89674-access-point-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey Ok so here is the problem a month and a half ago the laptop wouldn t WLAN device manager is is says disabled, says enabled! WLAN Laptop turn on it goes and gets fixed and the power supply wasn Laptop says WLAN is disabled, device manager says WLAN is enabled! t returned today we finally receive the power supply which caused month of the waiting So I plug it up and everything goes on fine and dandy however the laptop will not receive an Internet connection and it says that the wireless LAN is disabled the laptop is a Presario v Compaq which has a button on the front of the laptop which enables and disabled the wireless LAN the button is currently set to enabled however the button is jammed on enable and it has an Amber light so I can t turn it on and off I went to device manger then network adapters and acording to that the WLAN is enabled but the laptop is telling me it s disabled is there any way I can fix this or will it have to get sent away again I hope the question makes sense Laptop says WLAN is disabled, device manager says WLAN is enabled! I m only so I m not the best when it comes to computers I also badly need the laptop fixed because I need it for school and I am currently posting this question using my iPhone nbsp

A:Laptop says WLAN is disabled, device manager says WLAN is enabled!

Well, if the button isn't toggling the wireless state, you may have to send it away again. What do you mean the button is "jammed"?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-says-wlan-is-disabled-device-manager-says-wlan-is-enabled.932858/
Relevancy 48.16%

I am setting up a new wireless router and new laptop.

The laptop sees the WLAN (name) in Control Panel -> Networking -> Sharing and Network, but this WLAN (name) does not show up in the laptop's 'WLAN selector list' when I click on the network icon that's in the system tray.

I hope my description, above, makes sense. If so, does this problem description suggest an area of configuration that I have done incorrectly?

Thanks for any hints.

A:WLAN in Control Panel but not in system tray WLAN list

The new router needs to be setup with the SSID not hidden. Also the router needs to be set for the same type of wireless that the devices use.

It is also helpful when you post these kind of questions, to include system info in your profile and also manufacture and model of the router.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/70949-wlan-control-panel-but-not-system-tray-wlan-list.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Ok i understand how to set up my router as a access point on my network, and I can do this at home with ease. But what I want to do is set this up at work. The problem I am having is that my work ip is 207.185.xxx.xxx. So when I try to set up my router as a access point it gives me the following error "the ip address you chose should be a non-routable ip." Is what I am trying to do even possible? If so how do I do it?
Thanks Justin

Relevancy 47.3%

Looking to install a Linksys WAP54G onto the network in the building where we work. We've got a range of static IP's for the network plugs. Haven't been able to get into the access point and change the OEM IP over to one of them, any tips/tricks?

Relevancy 47.3%

hi
I have a Netgear WG602 v3 wireless access point hooked up to a Netgear DG834 modem router.
I have two pc's that connect to the wireless access point, both can see it but neither can connect.
This just happened today, it has been working flawlessly for years
I have tried updating the firmware, resetting security passwords etc nothing seems to make any difference.
Can anyone confirm that the access point has died and I need a replacement or am I overlooking something.
Thanks for any imput

A:Access point, Do I need a new one?

I'd first try resetting the settings using the reset button (by the antenna) and then changing the settings to turn it into a switch rather than a router (disable DHCP and set the IP to something outside of the DHCP server's range)

Also, what do you mean by 'neither can connect', any error messages or anything?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-point-do-i-need-a-new-one.605502/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I have tried to set up a wireless access point using an old Netgear DG G router as the access point This is connected by wire to a Buffalo WBMR-G wireless router I have switched off DHCP and set a static IP of on the netgear and it is using WPA-PSK security Buffalo is on channel and on WEP Netgear channel All was working fine could connect on laptop Ipad and iphone all working ok and then suddenly at about PM the connection became very slow point help Access Last Nights Tried rebboting router switched off security and no difference Speedtest results through the day gave averages of Ping ms Download Mbps Upload Mbps after pm Ping ms Download Mbps Upload Mbps If i looked at the signal strength on Inssider it never change RSSI - and my main pc which is comnnected to buffalo by cable was functioning Access point help ok also if i moved laptop ipad or iphone they would connect to buffalo Tried speedtest again this morning at AM and speeds sre up again Ping ms Download Mbps Upload Mbps Any guggestions would be much Access point help appreciated Caz nbsp

A:Access point help

its rather specific to a time so is your isp throttling your service??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-point-help.1033832/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello, a little comprehension question: Is a AceesPoint a switch or a hub?

A mean if you disable the most feature of it (firewall, DHCP,DNS,Routing) and you have no integrated switch. Only LAN and WAN ports.

Thx to all

Relevancy 47.3%

My friend has a coffee shop in which he has a router (not a wireless router) connected to the till, from that router he has a cable going to the office and connected to a switch there, where he has his laptop connected to the switch with a cable. he now wants wireless in his shop and he has a Linksys WAP54G access point. My question is, is it possible to get wireless connection like this? (router ==> Switch ==> access point).

I tried setting it up by connecting the access point to the same switch and i keep getting the following message: "The setup utility was unable to locate a wireless-G Access point on your network. Please make sure your wireless-G access point is powered on and cables are properly connected" (im sure its powered on and all cables are connected as it asked me!).

Many Thanks

A:What can I do with an access point

That's exactly how it can/should work. Connecting the WAP to the router would also work. Make sure the WAP is reset, I suspect since it's an WAP54G that it's old and previously used and possibly configured for something. Here's how to reset it: http://kb.linksys.com/Linksys/ukp.a...cid=1614d59ad48f4c9aae8622b513f98ba3_4123.xml

It also notes the default IP addresses for the units. If your network is currently using a different IP scheme other than 192.168.1.xxx then you may need to set one computer to a static address in the 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.254 and then try accessing the default address of 192.168.1.245; once logged into the unit you can change it's IP address to fit your network scheme.

You can also see if it broadcasts a wireless SSID and note that SSID. It's possible the unit isn't running Linksys firmware but rather open source firmware that the Linksys software would not be able to locate or configure the WAP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-can-i-do-with-an-access-point.1102736/
Relevancy 47.3%

So I got a verizon mifi jetpack and have a belkin share max n with Access with Point Help external drives connected I want to connect to my external drives on the belkin router guess make it an access point Help with Access Point I only own laptop I went into the belkin share max n settings Turned off DHCP server on Belkin Both MiFi and belkin have same SSID security and password I selected in the belkin settings quot Enable Access Point quot IP Address of MiFi is with a range of I put into Belkin the IP address Green light is lit on the Belkin I cannot connect to the Belkin by typing but I do have internet access ok through Mifi How do I or can I access from laptop Help with Access Point to my external drive connected to the Belkin AP Apparently the mapping of the external drives connected to the Belkin have changed since turning it into an AP I m either missing something or not understanding something Please help Thank you nbsp

A:Help with Access Point

You can't do what you are trying to do with your setup. Even though the MiFi and the Belkin routers are set with the same SSID and same IP network, they are separate physical networks. If the MiFi was a normal wireless router, to complete the setup, you would connect the Belkin to it via an Ethernet cable on the LAN ports of both devices. But since the MiFi does not have a built in Ethernet port/switch, the MiFi just runs as a stand alone network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-access-point.1134954/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi

Yesterday I went to a computer shop and asked to purchase a router so that I could network my house. I have a desktop computer using a d-link adsl modem model no. 302G. I have a lap top computer that has wireless capability. I came home with a Linksys Wireless G access point. . The strength of the connections is excellent however I am unable to connect. After fiddling around I have discovered that I only seem to be able to use of the two ports at a time. Every time I plug in both the ethernet cable and the usb cable I am unable to connect to the internet Is there a difference between an access point and a router? I am unsure whether I need to replace the modem or the access point. Can you please advise me?

Thanks

A:Access Point

Yes, the AP does not have NAT capability, you probably want a router for the task at hand. I'd buy an ADSL modem/router and you can replace the modem and have the routing capability. It'll also insure no compatibility issues between the two units.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-point.691463/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello everybody I hope you can help me I m trying to add a second router on my wireless network but I don t know how to do it nobody follow up my problem about gaming issues before but an point How add to Access after researching a little bit I m trying to setup a second router very close to my Nintendo Wii to check if that solves my How to add an Access point problem The questions pardon me if they sound too dumb -Can my second router be a different brand than the main one -should be wired -if yes from where one of the ports How to add an Access point from the main router to the internet port on the second router -is the same cable from router to router I mean I remember using a crossover cable to bridge two computers I don t know how it works How to add an Access point for routers -Are range expanders same as access points -I was accessing my router old one but don t know how to configure as an access point maybe not all routers have this feature Well besides all those questions any advice opinion will be highly appreciate it I m really trying to avoid running cables across the house so I need to figure out a convenient option for my wireless systems Thanks nbsp

A:How to add an Access point

Get the router working properly, then when it is defintely working, reboot.
Then plug in the access point, and run the install disk, or the access unit install download software.
Then set your WEP or WPA and other parameters... easy as pie... The first one is always confusing. Do not dwell on it too much.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-add-an-access-point.99059/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello forum The only reason I am writing this is because I couldn t find anything regarding this on Access Using as an Point PC Google possibly my Using PC as an Access Point lack of knowing what to ask of it may be the issue So I just moved to a new apartment and my landlady was kind enough to share her Internet connection while mine is waiting to get activated The thing is that my mobile has less than reception here The company offered me a Femcotell device it uses your internet connection to give you full G signal no matter where you are The thing is that for this to work it needs to be hooked up Using PC as an Access Point to to the router or a network device So the question is Is there a possibility where I can hook it up to my PC s Ethernet port in some way If I had a repeater then I wouldn t be asking this question I just want to know if a PC can Using PC as an Access Point act as a repeater in some way Edit I also have an Wireless Router WAP that I could connect to the Ethernet port of the Windows PC The thing is that even by trying several settings on routing etc on the router I still cannot get it to relay the internet connection Thanks Andrew nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi guys Just ordered the following router TP-Link TL-WA ND Advanced Wireless N Access Point Amazon co uk Computers point. 802.11n access new and a amp Accessories I have a garden shed metres away so hopefully n should be able to reach The aim is to use n so speed is better in my house and my shed However I heard that g dongles and computers limit the network speed if you connect them 802.11n and a new access point. to a router running n Can you do this So I might try running n on the new router in the main house and running an ethernet cable down from the new router to the shed where I will have my old Belkin g router running g as a new access point if you can do this- if not what are my options On Amazon this is the cheapest wire I could find but its not external so will it get damaged quickly if I have it exposed will burying it underground make a difference High Quality M CAT e RJ Ethernet Network Fast LAN Amazon co uk Electronics What is your advice I heard that using G devices whilst the router is running N slows down the internet as it becomes a limiting factor Sorry there are so many questions

A:802.11n and a new access point.

Hello,

Firstly I would just try the TP-Link Wireless N and see if you have a problem with the signal. You can set the Access Point so that it will broadcast 802.11b/g/n. It shouldnt be a problem mixing the devices up really (at least not a noticable difference.)

I wouldnt waste the money on a Cat5e cable just yet until you see what the signal is like. If you do need another access point and do want to use a cable then you will have to get an external cable. Burying underground will make a massive difference, you will need external (armoured if possible) as a standard cat5e cable will degrade quicker over time.

Another option (rather than running a cable) would be to create a wireless bridge using another access point. I believe the WA901ND's can do this... But I would double check in the manual.
Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/198356-802-11n-new-access-point.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I've recently inherited a Netgear ME102 access point after installing a wireless router for a friend and need to know if it's of any use to me.

I've only ever done basic router setups and am completely clueless without a good piece of wizard software but would like to know if this Access Point is usable to allow laptops to wirelessly share my internet connection.

Currently one XP desktop is receiving the internet through a USB modem and shares it through a cable between NICs to the other desktop. I've tried basic networking wizards along with the access point's config util but to no avail so far.

Main problems:
1) Can't find any idiot guides for this config - is it even possible?
2) Access Point config doesn't seem to 'save' settings
3) I'm clueless

I know it's an old piece of hardware but any starters?

A:Will an old Access Point do what I want it to?

Read the Manual: http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-ME102-Wireless-access-point/dp/B00005B8HU

(There's a link to the manual under Product Details.)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-an-old-access-point-do-what-i-want-it-to.607410/
Relevancy 47.3%

hi all
can any body tell me how i can stop people accesing my wieless router?
i have 2 laptops that i use but dont want anybody in the street using the signal as i came in tonight and seen some body was accesed to it as the lights were flshing.
the router is a 3COM

A:access point

Look in the manual for how you log into your router. It is a number that you enter in your web browser. Once there, you can set WPA encryption so people who want to access your network must have a password.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-point.640568/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello

I need to configure a port for minecraft.

It says configure your Router.

I don't know what exactly to configure and here's why:

I'm connected with FTTH fiber optic (ONT). Which the cable inside the house is connected to a Huawei HG8245 (I don't know if it's a modem or router)

And then in my living room I have 2 phone plugs one is for the phone and the other is for the linksys E3000 (Router or access point I don't know)

Where or what should I configure?

FYI
At first I was able to connect directly to Huawei, but after having linksys to cover the second floor I only connect to linksys and don't see Huawei. (I think)

Relevancy 46.87%

Help Please I'll try NA through access Homegroup point to be detailed on this I've worked on it and read on it for almost hours and I'm stuck I'm using a Win Pro desktop that is hardwired and a Win Home Premium laptop wireless Both current on all updates My Comcast modem is hooked into a WRT N that is hardwired to a WRT N which is being used Homegroup through access point NA as an access point and to the desktop PC Both routers have the latest firmware Both routers have the same SSID and password but use different channels amp Internet works perfect both wired and wireless through both routers The homegroup has been set up through the desktop but I've removed and added homegroups on both machines multiple times My problem doesn't go away The homegroup works when the laptop is either wired or wireless using the WRT N It will not work at all through the WRT N I can be in the room with the WRT N on the homegroup when I move to the other router so the wireless switches to the WRT N it drops the homegroup The internet stays connected just fine Once it drops the homegroup it can't find it until I go back to the main router Both machines have IPv addresses auto discovery is on Anyone have an idea Thanks for the help

A:Homegroup through access point NA

I reset the router to default and started again. I set it up exactly like this link and my issues went away. How To Convert a Wireless Router into an Access Point - SmallNetBuilder

There are some subtle differences between the setup links I found posted and this one. Having spent way to much time trying to resolve myself, I know one issue with the other links. They wanted different SSIDs. When you're setting up an access point with different SSIDs it can cause some network hand off issues. Some PCs will not drop one SSID to pick up another unless the signal starts to fail. On smart phones, that is the case in spades. We messed with both an I-phone and Droid and neither liked two different SSIDs on the same network.With the SSID the same, the hand off between PCs and smart phones is fast and invisible.

I found lots of threads with the same issue, hope this helps some of you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/142801-homegroup-through-access-point-na.html
Relevancy 46.87%

i have a proxim orinoco card in my computer and am trying to let people get access trough it.

i can put the card into ad-hoc mode and people can see my ssid however some cannot connect to it. those who do connect, get switched over to ad-hoc mode . seems when a connection is made to a normal access point, you arent switched to ad-hoc mode... rather you sty in infastructure mode...

i need to get my orinoco card to look just like a normal access point.
plz help

A:wireless access point

Your Proxim Orinoco card is not an access point. You need a real access point to do what you're trying to do. Ad-Hoc mode is a 1:1 connection, you are trying to create a 1:many connection.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-access-point-37182.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I am not sure whether this is the right place to re speeds point DL help Need access ask but here goes Here is my current configuration Main router Linksys E Secondary router Linksys EA ISP is Comcast with Blast so I am getting around Mb s with Speedtest net via Ethernet Need help re access point DL speeds or WiFI when the Main computers laptop and tablet are connected to the Primary router In order to get better signal strength at further away places I configured the EA as an Access point I had to use the Bridge Mode in the EA because that's Need help re access point DL speeds the only option I was given with the new GUI I use Ghz mhz BW and N only Need help re access point DL speeds band I am the only one in the neighborhood using this Freq so there is no overlap per Inssider The problem is that when the laptop or the tablet is connected to the EA I get only half the DL speed mb s I get the full speed when they are connected to the Primary Router I use Inssider to monitor the connection I think the 'Bridgemode quot in the Linksys EA is a LAN-LAN mode so I should not be getting the reduced speed There don't seem to be any other way to configure the Router with the new GUI Other modes available static IP and other connections which are not applicable Linksys bridge mode automatically disables DHCP and other router functions and is the recommended way per the Manual with the new GUI Is this the best I can get from this mode Would I be able to get better speeds by rolling back the firmware to Classical view and manually disabling DHCP etc etc Thanks

A:Need help re access point DL speeds

Originally Posted by sportflyer

I am not sure whether this is the right place to ask: but here goes.

Here is my current configuration:

Main router : Linksys E4200.

Secondary router : Linksys EA2700.

ISP is Comcast with Blast so I am getting around 60Mb/s with Speedtest.net via Ethernet or WiFI when the Main computers , laptop and tablet are connected to the Primary router.

In order to get better signal strength at further away places, I configured the EA2700 as an Access point. I had to use the Bridge Mode in the EA2700 because that's the only option I was given with the new GUI .

I use 5 Ghz, 40mhz BW and N only band . I am the only one in the neighborhood using this Freq so there is no overlap per Inssider.

The problem is that when the laptop or the tablet is connected to the EA2700, I get only half the DL speed( 30mb/s) . I get the full speed when they are connected to the Primary Router. I use Inssider to monitor the connection.

I think the 'Bridgemode" in the Linksys EA2700 is a LAN-LAN mode so I should not be getting the reduced speed.
There don't seem to be any other way to configure the Router with the new GUI . Other modes available static IP and other connections which are not applicable. Linksys bridge mode automatically disables DHCP and other router functions and is the recommended way per the Manual with the new GUI.

Is this the best I can get from this mode? Would I be able to get better speeds by rolling back the firmware to Classical view and manually disabling DHCP etc etc

Thanks

Using bridge mode will for certain cut the bandwidth in half as you found out. Bridge mode is really to turn the router into a wireless switch which isn't ideal for an access point.

If you can't run an Ethernet cable to the access point then you will have to use bridge mode.

If you can run an Ethernet cable to the EA2700 then you can basically make it an access point by simply disabling DHCP. After that the main router will eventually give it an IP in the correct subnet, some routers have a button on the side to allow it to pick up the A/P, there is no need to use a static IP.

You can access and set up the EA2700 using the newly assigned IP. If you want the best possible connection speeds then use the 802.11n Only mode rather than mixed and use WPA2 security with AES encryption.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/38433-need-help-re-access-point-dl-speeds.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi, I have an extra wireless router and I want to set it up in my room and connect my PC to it using wire. But I am not sure if I should be setting up an access point or repeater or it doesn't matter. Please let me know, thank you.

A:Access Point or Repeater

Hmm, I would use it as an AP. You need to configure this router as such:
- change LAN IP to one from your main router, say if main router is 192.168.0.1, change this one to 0.2
- disable DHCP
- configure the wireless with the same SSID/pass-phrase of main router (if it has wireless)
- connect a LAN port of main router to a LAN port of this one

Then connect your PC to another LAN port of the router with ethernet. If you have wireless devices they should auto-change to the best reception automatically. Windows and iPhone (to my knowledge) should auto-change, Android may need an app to accomplish this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/383905-access-point-repeater.html
Relevancy 46.87%

hey people,

ok, this is the thing.

I have wired broadband and i want wireless broadband.

This is my setup:

Netgear DG814 Modem/Router
Windows XP PC (wired directly into the router)
Windows XP Laptop (not currently connected to the net)

At the moment, the cable is running from downstairs to the PC upstairs.

So, I want an easy way to get both the PC and laptop on the net, wirelessly.

Would it be best to just get a Wireless Access Point, a Wireless PCMCIA card and a Wireless PCI card.....then:

1) Plug the Router into the phone jack/filter (downstairs)
2) Plug the Access Point into the Router
3) Then connect the PC and Laptop via the access point ??

If so, do you have any recommendations on which Access Point to go for?

Should I stick to Netgear stuff ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Wireless Access Point - DO I NEED ONE ?

networking assistance

for best results, i would reccomend getting a wireless router. the desktop does not need to be wireless unless it is not next to router. it seemed in your description that was the case. netgear makes a good product and there range is better than anyone elses. also they have SPI as well as NAT in there routers. they sell a great little package that would get you everything you need in one box. its the 54G notebook kit. it has both a router and a PCMCIA card in one box.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-access-point-do-i-need-one.19012/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey everyone,

My boss recently told me to find a way to bring wireless up to the 3rd floor of our building. The trouble is that the distributor he wants to get any necessary hardware through doesn't sell access point-only units (WAP54G). They have lots of available WRT54G's though.

I have heard that there is a way to turn the router and WAN functions "off" with a WRT54G and use it just as a switch and an access point. This would be ideal as we already have the router and modem 3 floors down.

Can anyone point me to a walk-through or a faq on how to config a WRT54G to access-point only?

Thanks!

A:WRT54G as an access point only?

The following is JohnWill's procedure and will configure the second router as a switch and wireless AP.
Connecting two SOHO broadband routers together.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wrt54g-as-an-access-point-only.476997/
Relevancy 46.87%

I need Adding to an WAN access point some help getting the settings right to add an access point to Adding an access point to WAN my home network I probably have more network devices than I need but there are reasons for this as I will try to explain Currently I have Adding an access point to WAN a Secomm SHG modem router provided free by my ISP Vodafone and branded as quot Vodafone Station quot which I use as is connected to ADSL and is my DHCP server I need to keep this device in my network because I can connect an HDD to it by USB and serve my music etc all over the network I have to use this as the DHCP server because Vodafone have locked it down and you can t disable DHCP on it trust me - this is correct However I have the wifi turned off on this and only want to connect other routers access points to it Connected by ethernet to the SHG is a TP Link W N which I bought before I signed up to Vodafone This has DHCP turned off and I use it as a wifi router Physically this sits right next to the Sercomm SHG I ve got all my wired stuff connected to it by ethernet TV Bluray AV receiver The reason why I use this for wifi instead of the SHG is because if I use that AirPlay doesn t work on my AV receiver but it does if use the W N for no obvious reason trust me - I spent literally hours with support staff from both my ISP and the receiver supplier Pioneer and no-one could tell me why this was I generally set a fixed IP for each device my family use I need to do this so various remote control apps connect every time to the relevant device - trust me this is necessary All of this has worked fine I ve now just built myself a studio shed retreat at the other end of my property out of range of the wifi I ve run ethernet from the SHG out there which works fine as a wired connection What I want to do is connect an access point out there to extend my WAN to cover my shed and back yard So a mate gave me a Netgear WGR v he wasn t using I can this to work as a seperate WAN but if I change the SSID and key to the same as my existing WAN and turn off DHCP it stops connecting to the internet I don t want to have to run two WANs mostly because explaining that to my wife would be near impossible I want to have one WAN with access points Can anyone help me with the proper settings for this Would it be better to run the ethernet to the shed from the W N nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

got a problem. there's this little window that always appear in my screen. it says "mrouter access point" with a warning sign. and it seems to drain my memory. it appears every 30 seconds or so. i have just been a victim of the spysheriff thing and i just fixed that. thanks to your forum topic about that. i am hoping you could help me on this one. i am using windows xp prof. thanks again.

A:msrouter access point

Hello geekstinkbreath and welcome to BC.Don't mind me if I don't get too close. That appears to be related to Cell Phone software. Do you have any installed on your computer? Perhaps you should uninstall/reinstall it or check the documentation on that.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/29033/msrouter-access-point/
Relevancy 46.87%

I'm sorry to post my problem again in the same area of the forum, but it still hasn't been solved yet.

Anyway, what would you recommend for an access point for HD Streaming and Online Gaming? Do keep in mind that I have BT Infinity (VDSL...I think), HomeHub 3 and a spare ethernet cable.

A:Access point recommendations

I think any AP that's compatible with 802.11N wireless standard would work absolutely perfect.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/38365-access-point-recommendations.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a small home network, wired right now. I would like to add a wireless access point for near future laptops. Can I add a second router that is wireless to my wired network with having to load router software on a second computer. Is this even possible. My network consists of my PC, HP M8300f desktop PC as home base/client and cable modem with linksys wired router, BEFSR41 connected to a dell 2400 desktop. I am wanting to add a linksys wireless router WRT54G some where in the living room for and access point. Do I have to load the software on the Dell PC or can I just plug in router to wall socket and connect wirelessly that way. Thanks for the help. Just thinking out side the box.

If i am correct,router 1 should be 192.168.1.1,and router 2 is 192.168.1.2 and Disable the DHCP on router 2.

hope this helps

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/197976-wireless-access-point.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a dell 1600n printer and several computers running Vista and XP. The printer is network ready with an eithernet connection. Can someone suggest a wireless access point (hardware) and how to configure the system such the printer would not have to be connected to any computer yet be able to print from any computers on mynetwork. Thanks

Any Linksys, Netgear or Dlink wireless router would accomplish this for you. Printer would connect via wired. Wkstations would be able to print if wired or wireless.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-access-point.757325/
Relevancy 46.87%

My computer is currently Setup with a dialup Internet and a 100 MBIT network with 3 pc's

I want my note book with wireless to join in that network.. (Files/Internet)

Do I put a Wireless Access Point, to my 100Mbit network's hub?

A:I want to put a wirless Access point to my HUB

Yes, it should work no problem. Mind you, nowadays wireless routers are actually cheaper than wireless access points and you can save some money getting a router (with less features of course) to act as an AP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-want-to-put-a-wirless-access-point-to-my-hub.43930/
Relevancy 46.87%

I recently upgraded my netgear router to a more powerful linksys router to extend my network range, and i also bought a cantenna hi gain antenna, but it still isn't getting a sufficient signal. Now i relize that i should have bought an access point in the first place, but i dont want to spend anymore money. So my question is, can i use my old netgear wireless router as an access point? Basically put it between my house and the other house and rely the signal wireless, (cant be corded). If not then i will just got out and by an access point but im just checking my options. Thanks.

A:Using a router as an access point

Read The Friendly Manual and see if this specific router can work as a wireless repeater or not? (Or maybe at least disclose the exact models of your routers?)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-a-router-as-an-access-point.69208/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi.

- I connect to the Internet using a LAN cable from the opposite house. We share the bill. However, only my desktop is able to connect to the Internet using the cable. If I use the same cable to other laptops, I'm unable to connect to the Internet. Can someone explain to me why? Is this anything related to static IP?

- Then I bought an access point but I don't know how to configure it correctly. Can someone show me how?

Sorry for the bad English.

Thanks.

A:Configuring access point

I connect to the Internet using a LAN cable from the opposite houseClick to expand...

you cannot share an internet connection like this - The T&Cs for the ISP do not allow this type of sharing
also if you have not correctly configured the LAN cable for 1) Potential difference 2) earthed to avoid atmospheric electrical problems and lightening storms etc , I know of a house which caught fire because of a cable running down the garden to a shed used as an office during a storm.

closing this post

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/configuring-access-point.1053911/
Relevancy 46.87%

or repeater or what. I use a netgear dgn 1000 modem router and I want to extend the range using a netgear Dg 834g modem router . There is a single ethernet supply cable in the area I want to cover. I could use that or wirelessly . I have read a bit on this but ended up confused.. I am looking for simplest way to do it .

A:help to connect an access point

One router needs setup as the Base other one as Repeater.
I have this setup on 5 Netgear WNR2000 routers for my company's building. Not sure if different model routers can work all of mine are the same.

How i had to set mine up:
Turn on Wireless Base Station
Enter value of repeater router in MAC ADDRESS 1 - usually found next to serial number.

Turn on Wireless Repeater
Enter IP address of base router
Enter value of base router in BASE Station MAC Address

After this is setup cannot edit settings on the repeater router anymore, since all connections will be directed to the base router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-to-connect-an-access-point.1059554/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi there The gist of my problem is that I ve just set up a wireless access point but my internet provider has some very specific terms about not using DHCP and Wireless Point Access so I m a bit confused about some of the settings on the Wi-fi set up for my computer The router is an Edimax EW- APn and my computer is a Wireless Access Point MacBook Pro with Mac OS X When I set up the wireless access point I disabled the DHCP during the set-up process so I thought I was set But when I went into the wi-fi settings on my computer under TCP IP it gave the options quot DHCP quot quot BootP quot or quot Manually quot for configuring the IP I thought the safest bet to not violate my internet company s T amp Cs was that I should do it manually with the IP address and subnet mask given to me in the wireless access point s manual This worked fine until I tried to connect my iPhone to the wireless access point as well My computer came up with an error message saying that another device had the same IP address so I figured that s not an option I m not sure what BootP is and if it is similar to DHCP as well I know so little about this stuff that I m not really sure where to begin Any advice would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Wireless Access Point

Hi liymmm, and welcome to TSG.

The Edimax EW-7228APn is a router without any kind of modem capability. Does your service provider give you a modem to which you are connecting the EW-7228APn? If so, are they providing the EW-7228APn or is it your own?

Can you provide a link to a page of the service providers terms of service that mention not using DHCP or copy and paste them into a post here?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-access-point.1072121/