Windows Support Forum

Routing Help for 2 network interfaces

Q: Routing Help for 2 network interfaces

I am on windows Professional Edition My PC has x Network cards which are connected to two different routers One of the interface which is Gbps is connected to router which does not has internet connectivity and other connected to Mbps interface has an internet connectivity When both networks are up and running I am unable to access internet To access internet I need to disable the Gbps interface and thus facing a lot of issues I read many articles where the routing information has been recommended to be updated Can some one help me with routing information and a permanent solution to get rid of this issue Also both interface get their IP from DHCP interfaces network for Routing 2 Help Servers running on Routers This means the IP can change any Routing Help for 2 network interfaces time as well HTML Code Currently Interface has IP address No Internet Access Currently Interface Routing Help for 2 network interfaces has IP address With Internet Access Someone please help me with routing command The one that I know as of now is Code route delete -p But this command has to be executed each time windows restart and if there is a change in IP address the command has Routing Help for 2 network interfaces to be modified for that as well

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Routing Help for 2 network interfaces

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Routing Help for 2 network interfaces

There is no reason to connect to 2 routers.

You should only be using 1 network card, the Gb card.

Make sure it`s enabled and disable the other through device manager, if you get not internet connection just run the troubleshooter.

Post a shot of device manager with the network adapter expanded.

Example:

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/358117-routing-help-2-network-interfaces.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I am having cisco 2500 router with two aui interfaces...i have used aui

to rj45 converter.now i have configured the ether net interfaces. one

with private ip and another one with public ip which is connected with

the ISP gateway.now the problem is....from the router i am able to ping

and trace all the websites.but from the local lan or from the pc i am

only able to ping the router's inside and outside ethernet

interfaces.but not able to ping and trace the ISP gateway....
just i have configured the default routing and the next hop address as

ISP's gateway ip.
provide some solution for me.....

A:Routing between ethernet interfaces in cisco 2500 router

You are probably using private addresses for your inside computers as you should. So your problem is that you need to do a NAT overload so your internal pool of IPs is translated as the single public IP provided to you by your ISP. The issue you are running in to is that your ISP's routers and the rest of the internet does not know how to route the return traffic of your internal IPs back to your router.

Also be aware that your 2500 router is not running as a firewall. I don't know if the 2500 has the ability to run a software firewall or not. It's a really really old router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/routing-between-ethernet-interfaces-in-cisco-2500-router.934454/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi all,

I'm having an issue on two PC's with hidden network interfaces. Sometimes (but frequent) when they are rebooted Windows will add a new NIC with a number at the end. The old NIC is still there but hidden as I get the warning about the static IP already being used on another adapter.

I have checked the event logs and I don't see anything that would indicate a cause. I updated the NIC driver and have the same issue.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Specs:
IBM SurePOS machines (2 different model numbers but same family)
Broadcom eXtreme NIC on both
Windows POSReady 7
Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.4 (case open with Symantec as well)

A:Hidden Network Interfaces

This guide ought to help:
How to Find a Lost, Missing, Hidden or Removed Network Card (NIC) or Other Device and Even Remove it - ITProGuru Blog by Systems Management Expert Dan Stolts - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/361953-hidden-network-interfaces.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi,
I've got a new DSL router and configured it with the same settings as previous.

I already tried and successfuly renamed Network Adapters as they were before, it is now Ethernet and Wi-Fi but it is still not enough. netsh interface show interface command still saying Ethernet 2 and Wi-Fi 2 after reboot.
I also tried netsh interface set interface name=?Ethernet 2? newname=?Ethernet? but didn't help
Any suggestion to fix it ?
It's not a big deal, but still I would like to have it sorted.

Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/60830-how-rename-network-interfaces.html
Relevancy 62.78%

So I'm having trouble working with the latest Docker release and it is complaining at me that it can't create a network interface called 'vEthernet (DockerNAT)', because one already exists (true, I have upgraded the version and one did exist previous to that upgrade).

I've had a look using NetworkInterfaceView (NetworkInterfacesView - show network adapters/interfaces information), and I see a number of old (disabled but not deleted) network interfaces:

However I can't find any way to delete these old interfaces; I've uninstalled HyperV and rebooted - still there.
I tried registry hacking but made a mess and had to restore from a backup (the listing was gone, but the CLSID was used elsewhere I guess and it's still causing issues).

So; any ideas?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/49910-how-delete-old-network-interfaces.html
Relevancy 62.35%

i was wondering if there are any browsers out there or any apps that let me choose a different gateway than the one my computer is apparently forcing my pc to use perhaps i should elaborate i am logged into a corporate network using novell workstation client via my ethernet interface i also have a wireless network that i use to test an application i am developing for web use when i wish to test my app i must unplug the ethernet cable from my laptop open firefox IE Opera and connect to the test site when i want to come back onto the corporate network i must plug the network cable back in and things XP 2 windows in for interfaces using different network pro run a script that re-authenticates me onto the novell network here i feel more and more stupid each time i do this i have tried a few half-hearted attempts like changing the default gateway on my ethernet interface to be the ip using 2 network interfaces for different things in windows XP pro of the wireless router testing on a second pc i guess is an option but using 2 network interfaces for different things in windows XP pro i d like to be able to copy paste error codes and that kinda thing as well as it seeming a bit of a waste tying up pc s for this i am assuming that novell windows doesn t like me trying to use another interface on a totally different domain for my internet connection if a browser exists that i could specify which connection to use i e defining connection at the app level i guess i d be in luck i could do this on the unix without too much difficulty but the ways of the windows are unknown to me i was even toying with using VMWARE for this virtualising an OS and then tying up the wifi for my second instance but come on there must be another way i think i am not seeing the forest for the trees here thanks in advance for your help alex nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

This morning, on resuming my Thinkpad T60 (Win XP Pro SP2) from suspend, both the wired and wireless network interfaces on my laptop decided to stop working.

By that, I mean:
1. Wireless network does not associate to the access point. It can see the access point, but fails on getting an IP.
2. Support tab for either network card show no entries for any of the labels (IP Address, Gateway, etc).
3. ipconfig on the command line shows just the one line: Windows IP Configuration

I have not installed anything, nor made any sort of system or configuration changes at all in the past two days, and both the interfaces were working fine before the suspend earlier this morning.

Help!! I am going nuts trying to figure this out!

A:All network interfaces stopped working

Go to Start > Run and type cmd

Click OK

In the window that opens, type ipconfig/release

When that completes and you get the blinking curser back, type ipconfig/renew

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-network-interfaces-stopped-working.620485/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a Dell Latitude D620 running XP. When I run WNTIPCFG it only reports the bluetooth interface and ignores the ethernet and WiFi interfaces. I have tried reinstalling it but still get the same result.

Any ideas?

Regards
Sabreur

A:WNTIPCFG not reporting network interfaces correctly

Welcome to TSG....

From this page is the system requirements of this program

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...B4-0BFA-4065-8081-BBAEBF2A5CB6&displaylang=en

System Requirements

* Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000

You can download and use wntipcfg.exe on any of the following platforms:

Windows 2000 Professional
Windows 2000 Server
Windows 2000 Advanced Server
Windows 2000 Datacenter

Off hand I doubt if it is going to work well with Windws XP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wntipcfg-not-reporting-network-interfaces-correctly.609070/
Relevancy 61.49%

1 week ago, my HP desktop decided that it couldn't find the wireless connection anymore. I didn't install anything new. I may have defragmented the system around that time. I did the trouble shoot and the wired connection works fine with the ethernet cable. Also other computers in the house can connect to the wireless router no problem.
Under Manage wireless networks, when I try to add a network it tells me "windows cannot detect any wireless network interfaces"
Not sure what else to try.
Under Network adaptors, I see Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller, it says the device is working properly and I have also updated the driver. Any other thoughts on why it shut off suddenly? Did I somehow delete the wireless adaptor or is the Realtek adaptor for wireless as well.
Thank you.

A:Windows cannot detect any Wireless network interfaces

Welcome to Seven Forums,

Can you please post your Device Manager, expand Network Adapters so that we can see if you have the Wi-Fi Adapter? Here's a general Tutorial on how you may access Device Manager?

If your Wi-Fi adapter is missing, you may download the driver from HP site. The link that I gave you will also give you a step by step guide on how to install the driver.

An update will be appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/279935-windows-cannot-detect-any-wireless-network-interfaces.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I also posted at PC Guide asking for help with this..  Please see http://www.pcguide.com/vb/showthread.php?88882-Need-network-expert-re-a-user-at-SWI-with-strange-TCP-Interfaces

Maybe one of you can set me straight?  I would be very grateful..

A:Need network expert re: a user at SWI with strange TCP:Interfaces

Does this help??

http://www.comodo.com/secure-dns/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508464/need-network-expert-re-a-user-at-swi-with-strange-tcpinterfaces/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi all Kind of a strange question but I need help As soon as possible I have seperate networking devices enabled one is a wired ethernet port which has network into it and I also have a wireless card that is connected to an entirely seperate modem network within close speeds interfaces? do network from 2 enabled How my combine I range Right now the way I am telling windows which device to send How do I combine speeds from my 2 enabled network interfaces? receive on is by typing route add mask route change mask metric In turn this will force all my internet traffic through the network instead of the net but while leaving the network available internally The problem is I want to utilize BOTH bandwidths simultaneously Someone on IRC said it can defintely be done with some commands or settings in XP and its called quot Bridging quot or something but then he had to leave and I am stuck here I want to combine upload speeds from both when I am uploading Like my x network gives me kb s upload but then theres a completely un-utilized kb s upload on my x network that I want to make use of Can someone please help me out sorry for the confusing explaination THANKS ALOT in advance nbsp

A:How do I combine speeds from my 2 enabled network interfaces?

You don't really.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-combine-speeds-from-my-2-enabled-network-interfaces.595450/
Relevancy 61.49%

Windows 8.1 machines on our network, which account for about 300/10,000 total devices, lose network connectivity (Ethernet and wireless) when sleep or hibernation kicks in. We require the ability to remotely access these devices at all times for troubleshooting,
and the ability to push software and updates to them, via SCCM, at all times.

Although we need sleep and hibernation for power-saving, we do not wish for the network adapters to shut down. We have tried numerous possible solutions, including trying to exclude network adapters from power management via Device Manager (which is NOT
a listed option on our systems). I've read lots of articles and discussions online, but none that adequately address the issue.

How do you prevent sleep and hibernation from turning off network adapters on Windows 8.1 (and 10, for that matter)?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/06ea3b6d-8eef-4e3e-b4d7-baaf8749bdbf/network-interfaces-shut-down-with-hibernation-and-sleep?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi! I am sorry if I have mistaken the topic!
I installed windows 7 ultimate x64 on my Asus x555ld-xx142d today. I was aware from the start of how difficult it will be to find the right drivers since the laptop is made to run on a windows 8.1 operating system. After hours of trying, I think I have made a big mess because almost everything seems to be working fine besides the WiFi. There is no WiFi icon in the systray and when I try to configure it, I get the message "Windows cannot detect any wireless network interfaces". PLUS, my desktop brightness is changing per minute by itself from low luminosity to bright.

Here are some attachments that I think might give you an idea about the problem:

I would really appreciate your help.Thanks!

A:Windows cannot detect any wireless network interfaces

I've got an X55, running 10TP on it.
BUT it was sold like yours as W8,
However it was originally setup by Asus as W7, and moved to 8 by them.

ALL of the drivers are available via asus support/drivers.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/375668-windows-cannot-detect-any-wireless-network-interfaces.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I m trying to design the network for a class lab environment and I m in over my head I need an isolated VLAN for each student team Each VLAN would contain identical configurations with an identical set of VMs occupying the same IP range in each VLAN But I also want each team to have access to a common subnet with a common file share shared hardware equipment Network question routing etc I thought we could insert a router probably implemented Network routing question in a VM between each VLAN and the common subnet That would let the students reach from their VLAN to the common subnet But routing back from the common Network routing question subnet to the individual VLANs would be a problem since all VLANs use the same IP range Would it be Network routing question possible to have each VLAN s router map via NAT or whatever the VLAN s IPs into a different range so the common subnet sees a different IP range for each VLAN For example common subnet is on Each VLAN is on From each VLAN you can access your own IPs at and through the router the common subnet on Now let s say the router maps VLAN X into X so from the common subnet you can reach VLAN at etc Even better if we could have one router VM with VNICs with VNIC on the common subnet and on each of the VLANs doing the kind of IP mapping described above Does that make sense Is it possible Or is there a better answer Thanks Gary nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi everyone!
I recently started using a VPN. However some websites block VPN ips so I can't visit them.
To solve this problem I would like to add the blocked website's IP to my route table.
It works fine on my other laptops but on my PC it doesn't seem to function. I ran the following command as an administrator in my cmd. Got the OK! feedback message but I still get blocked from visiting the website when on a VPN.

Code:
Route add [website IP] [Default Gateway]

At the bottom of this screenshot :

you can see that the IP is indeed added to the list but sadly it doesn't function. I have been suggested to reinstall my Windows 10 but was wondering if there aren't any other solutions to this problem.
Thanks in advance!

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/52988-network-routing-tables.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello I have some difficulties managing routes for my network cards I have network cards cards problem with 2 Routing network one I use for internet the other for multicast Apparently the current behaviour is that Windows chooses the first card he founds for multicast and that will be the internet one So my cards are configured like this internet IP mask gateway this is my router dns multicast IP mask gateway empty dns empty The quot route print quot command shows this Code On-link On-link and interface number for Routing problem with 2 network cards internet card is and for the multicast one By Routing problem with 2 network cards doing a simple quot route delete if quot I have the behaviour I want Both internet and multicast The problem is that this route comes back after reboot I tried adding this route Code route add mask metric if -p But after a reboot the quot route print quot command shows this Code On-link On-link My question is how can I get rid of this route in red that keeps coming back And why didn't the added route replace it Thanks for your help PS Every route command has been executed in an elevated command prompt

A:Routing problem with 2 network cards

It might help to list those routes in the advanced TCP/IP settings window.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/114779-routing-problem-2-network-cards.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi I have a slight problem with routing on my main machine it won t allow me to use certain apps on the internet for example Thunderbird No one else is experiencing this Win mulitple routing issues NIC's - XP network problem either so router is fine Some Background Info OS Win XP Pro x Netgear Mb Connects to router gt Internet x Realtek Gbut Crossover Win XP network routing issues - mulitple NIC's cable to server Now this has only just started happening recently I can browse the net Firefox I Win XP network routing issues - mulitple NIC's can ping bbc co uk I cannot use Thunderbird setup using direct connection no proxy I cannot use any other app that requires the internet i e Trillian Skype Here is the command ipconfig all output PHP span style color span style color BB C span span style color span span style color BB Documents nbsp span span style color and nbsp span span style color BB Settings span span style color span span style color BB Microsoft span span style color gt span span style color BB ipconfig nbsp span span style color span span style color BB all br br Windows nbsp IP nbsp Configuration br br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Host nbsp Name nbsp span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB winxp span span style color - span span style color BB pro br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Primary nbsp Dns nbsp Suffix nbsp nbsp span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB Node nbsp Type nbsp span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB Unknown br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp IP nbsp Routing nbsp Enabled span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB No br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp WINS nbsp Proxy nbsp Enabled span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB No br br Ethernet nbsp adapter nbsp Netgear nbsp MB nbsp Internet span span style color br br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB Connection span span style color - span span style color BB specific nbsp DNS nbsp Suffix nbsp nbsp span span style color nbsp br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB Description nbsp span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB National nbsp Semiconductor nbsp DP span span style color - span span style color BB Based br nbsp PCI nbsp Fast nbsp Ethernet nbsp Adapter br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Physical nbsp Address span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB span span style color - span span style color BB span span style color - span span style color BB span span style color - span span style color BB span span style color - span span style color BB span span style color - span span style color BB br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Dhcp nbsp Enabled span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB No br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp IP nbsp Address span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Subnet nbsp Mask nbsp span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color Default nbsp span span style color BB Gateway nbsp span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp DNS nbsp Servers nbsp span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp... Read more

A:Win XP network routing issues - mulitple NIC's

I saw your last sentence, but still have to say that it sounds a lot like a firewall (internet security). So, my suggestion is to look again. A HijackThis log can help find a firewall: http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/tools/security_tools/hijackthis/download

Does your router have any "security" or "firewall" features that could cause this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-network-routing-issues-mulitple-nics.654120/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a PC set up in a bedroom with a shared drive on it Containing pdfs of D amp D Books and every week I unplug a PC from my living room and plug in a switch so that guests may plug their laptops into the switch and access the shared drive And thus access the library of books Last night no matter what I tried I could not get the laptops to see the shared drive on the network It would say the network path could not be network Internet but no sharing? Routing found except everyone still could access internet The PC in the bedroom is running WinXP Pro SP with no Windows Firewall and Norton Internet Security set up to allow incoming requests from the same network IP The bedroom computer is plugged directly into an ActionTec GT -WG DSL Modem -port Router with Wireless Port three on that modem Router combo is a ft length of CAT e Cable running into the switch in the living room a SMC EZ HUB Model DS All the computers and Laptops attempting to Internet Routing but no network sharing? connect to the network via the EZHUB are running WinXP Pro with SP and their firewalls turned off As they either have other security or do not access the internet except for that night at my house Previously I was using a Westell DSL Modem that plugged into a Linksys RTP VoIP Router and the switch would plug into a port on that router but with the new Actiontec modem router combo nothing plugged into the Linksys router Except for an XBox strangely can get internet So Internet Routing but no network sharing? the EZHub must plug into the ActionTec Since all computers can access internet in the living room I must assume that none of my cables routers or network interface ports are damaged So why do I still get a quot Network path could not be found quot nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

I was wondering how one would go about routing all of their network traffic through a proxy server not just http traffic. Thanks a lot for any and all help!

-Faktor

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/routing-all-network-traffic-through-a-proxy-server.45092/
Relevancy 52.46%

I recently started using a gigabit switch alongside my TP-Link router.

My room is setup like a LAN area, with a desk long enough for 4 pc's, so I have 4 cables running from the switch to the computers.

My router is providing DHCP and has a PS3 and VOIP phone plugged up to it.

Is there anything blaring that would cause the machines not to transfer files at gigabit speeds? Currently they transfer at 10-12mbps, which is normal for a 10/100 connection.

Anything I'm missing?

I can get into a lot of detail, but I need to know what needs to be told.

A:Home Network Routing - Using a Switch for file transfers?

Weakest link in the chain prevails.

Code:

ISP=Router--switch-- PC{1+}
|
+--- other device(s)

Consider just devices attached to the router, the slowest Nic {wired or wifi} will control the bandwidth to the device. A PC with a 10/100 adapter dominate data to/from it regardless of the GB Switch. If PC.a and PC.b (both with GB adapters and attached to the switch) copy 'twix each other, you may get much better performance.

Data to/from other devices (attached to the router) will be dominated by the Router LAN port speeds or the devices themselves.

99% of us get no benefit whatsoever from GB routers or Switches as all devices need GB ratings :sigh:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-network-routing-using-a-switch-for-file-transfers.192722/
Relevancy 51.17%

I am using the Windows Client VPN connection terminating to a Firewall.

The issue is that my home network is 192.168.1.x/24 and one of the servers I am trying to RDP into once connected to the Client VPN session is on 192.168.1.1. The VPN connection isnt overriding my home network routing in Windows so a ping, trace, and specifically RDP is trying to hit a home network device which is on 192.168.1.1 instead of the server across the established VPN.

In the VPN properties "Use default gateway on remote network" is checked in IPV4 Settings BTW.

I just need a full tunnel which overrides my local network

Thoughts?

A:Windows Client VPN connection isnt overriding my home network routing

change the IP range of your home network

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/365169-windows-client-vpn-connection-isnt-overriding-my-home-network-routing.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I just purchased a I just purchased a XPS M1530. The computer has Windows 8 installed. If I do not like Windows 8 is thete anyway to convert the Windows 8 interace to look like Windows XP which is the Windows version that I like the best.

A:Changing interfaces.

Hi HoneyBeagle,

Check this out and hope it helps: Change Windows to Classic view

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/changing-interfaces-912746.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I was thinking of buying an additional hdd, i have two both are ide and are not raid or enything. I was wondering of the differences between the differnt types and how many i can fit on my motherboard. Are there any other types of connection? which is the fastest overall?

Thanks

Alex

A:IDE and SATA interfaces which should i buy?!

The amount and type of (S)ATA connectors available to you depends on your motherboard. Please look up the specification and/or the exact type. Gigabyte Triton is just a brand and encompasses many types of motherboards.

The hard drive interface speed is actually absolutely meaningless. Any speed you get out of your hard drives depends on the drives themselves and not the interface.
Admittedly, most of the new drives manufactured are SATA and newer = faster when it comes to hard drives so if you want to buy a fast HD then you will have better luck with SATA.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ide-and-sata-interfaces-which-should-i-buy.24807/
Relevancy 45.58%

Well I get my questions answered why do some say there is 2 IDE or 2 EIDE interfaces on the motherboard and some say 3 on the motherboard .

Like how many are they? I know the floppy does not use a IDE interfaces but a floppy interfaces

The SCSI can support anywhere from seven to fifteen devices whereas IDE can only link three to six devices at a time.Although SCSI may be more fater IDE and USB, IDE and USB are much more popular.

-PS/2 interfaces use for mouse/Keyboard
-USB interfaces printer,mouse,Camera
-IDE/EIDE interfaces use for hard-drive,CD ROM drive,DVD-ROM drive or both read or burner drives like CD burner or DVD burner
-floppy interfaces use for floppy drive Click to expand...
I thought IDE or EIDE only has 2 interfaces

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi New member from UK Apologies if this has been covered in any form - I did look but couldn t easily find an answer I want to convert my vinyl and audio cassette collection to PC friendly format eg MP I was told I need an audio interface but these seem to vary widely in style equipment and price Some appear nothing more than a cable whereas others have a fair number of knobs Interfaces Audio Climax citronic yamaha and Ion to name but a few It was suggested to me that a yamaha mixer would do the job as well as allow me to record music from my guitar keyboards etc on my PC I am a bit perplexed as Audio Interfaces I don t want Audio Interfaces to buy some apparatus only to have to Audio Interfaces buy more later on - any advice pointers or reviews would be much appreciated My PC spec is included below Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm XP x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Tul Corporation RADEON SE Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer G M Antivirus Virgin Media Security Anti-Virus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-interfaces.1028691/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,

Is there any convention followed for creating logical interface addresses like 10.1.2.3:0?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

A:Logical Interfaces

bond0405 said:

Hi,

Is there any convention followed for creating logical interface addresses like 10.1.2.3:0?

Any ideas?

Thanks.Click to expand...

Possibly on a server, but I don't think a client can.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logical-interfaces.591344/
Relevancy 45.58%

What is a good product or language to create quick database forms and access for a web site?

A:web database interfaces

You could use Active server pages or XML for example. It really depends on your requirements and what you want to achieve.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/web-database-interfaces.462904/
Relevancy 45.15%

I gotten an old graphic card from my friend and replaced it with my mb graphic card that I talked about before I am currently running nVidia Geforce MX on P computer mhz and MBRAM My Sound card is just a Soundblaster Audigy and its plugged to a surround wrong Interfaces Something very Direct3D here... is sound system I believe Geforce MX definitely has D acceleration as the Test Direct D function from quot dxdiag quot is available to me The test ran fine for the one with interfaces but the problem began when it ran the th and th interfaces I did see the spinning cube but the faces were distorted jagged and garbled up with occasional black blinking patches The same thing happens when I run quot MapleStory quot a low end online game that requires a graphic card with D acceleration My Driver is gotten from the Nvidia official website and the version number as written on quot dxdiag quot is I just downloaded the driver yesterday off the site so it should be the newest on available DirectDraw works fine though Hope someone can Direct3D Interfaces Something is very wrong here... help me fix this problem since the garbled up images renders the game nearly impossible to play I already tried changing monitor frequencies but I don t think that is the problem here By the way the problem dosen t occur to the desktop or the usual office programs But I am sure any games that I run that requires D acceleration will have the same problem Thanks alot for any input Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Direct3D Interfaces Something is very wrong here...

update your direct X from microsoft.com

but the real problems is you need a new computer. that's about the only thing i can suggest. if i were you, i would throw my old computer out the window and start from scratch. call dell and see what's the cheapest machine you can get, and it'll be 100 times better than what you've got now.

good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/direct3d-interfaces-something-is-very-wrong-here.39561/
Relevancy 45.15%

Good morning,need some explanation.what is the hard disk interfaces oh the Lenovo Essential B51-80 80LM0014IX? SATA I?Thanks guys. 

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:B51-80 Hard disk interfaces

Hi piale , 

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Using the Hardware reference manual (page 27) :
Hard disk drive:  Form factor 2.5-inch, 9.5 mm Height (7 mm compatible)
Interface SATA III (SATA II compatible) 

Hope this answered your query.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/B51-80-Hard-disk-interfaces/td-p/3305542
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi, I have a 3400+ AMD Athlon 64 Processor with a ATI Radeon 9800 se PRO graphics card.
I am looking at the latest graphics card by NVIDIA - the GE XFX 7800 series which can only be connected to a PCI Express slot.

How do I find out if I have a PCI Express slot onboard my PC without opening it up physically?

If I do have to open it up-what does the new PCI Express slot look like?

A:PCI Express interfaces for new graphic cards

Download Everest Home from here.
That will give you a lot of info on what's inside your box.

Welcome Kiwiboy

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pci-express-interfaces-for-new-graphic-cards.27451/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello,

I had a nicely working windows 7 with a nicely working external USB audio interface (NI Guitar Rig Kontrol). Suddenly (while using the audio interface) there started to be noise on the input signal.

A reboot didn't help, so I plugged in a second external USB audio device (Behringer Guitar link). There was the same noise on the input signal.

I then booted my computer into an old Win XP installation to check if something with my computer / hardware is wrong ("ground loops" or whatever..). Both audio interfaces worked perfectly without any noise.

Btw. sound playback is working fine in Windows 7 (with all audio interfaces).

Anyone has any idea what could be wrong with my Windows 7? Thank you in advance for any advice / ideas.

A:suddenly noise (all audio interfaces)

That is a strange one. I have a recording studio, using Sonar X1. I also used to do a lot of support on the Dell users forum and don't recall any problems such as this ever posted there.

Some audio functions are handled differently in Vista/Win 7 than with XP and the differences could be what is causing the problems.

Try this with one of the devices. Connect it to the PC then go to the Device Manager - RIGHT click on the entry for the device and then LEFT click "Uninstall" (DO NOT check the box to also uninstall the driver). Physically disconnect the device, restart Windows and after Windows starts reconnect it and Windows should detect and reinstall it. See if that fixes it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/240442-suddenly-noise-all-audio-interfaces.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi guys this is my first post so please be gentle I am fairly new to NET and I have a question I as of yet have not had a satisfying answer to I will try to explain be example but the jist of it is probably more academic than practical from what I can tell So here goes I have a VB NET project and main classes I am concerned with AS VB is incapable of muliclass inheritance I need to know the best way to do the inheritance, etc abstraction, Class interfaces, following My main classes are Party Organization and Person Party can be any combination of Organization and Person For example it may be just a person just an organization or both an organization and person I Class inheritance, interfaces, abstraction, etc figure by using this class I can alway refer Class inheritance, interfaces, abstraction, etc to either of the above combinations as a single thing Because a person may be so many different types Class inheritance, interfaces, abstraction, etc of things and many things at once eg a consultant employee manager etc I found I was basically forced to create an interface for person and org so I may fake inheriting both On top of this I find I also still want to inherit from another class as well Is there a better was of doing this while NOT combining Organization and Person into a single table in my database I find there are often times when we must know the difference and want to track different things for each so I created another table Party where the aforementioned combinations of person and organization may be references as a single PK thus class and table Party I got this working clean and fast but a little complicated I would like a more friendly and clear approach using classes To be clear here I dont want to get into database design theory just a better method for faking mulitple class inheritence while still having a managable amount of code Thanks Greg nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/class-inheritance-interfaces-abstraction-etc.796127/
Relevancy 44.72%

I just tried to run a series of updates for Win on my Yoga Pro preparing to do a Win upgrade nbsp I got a message that the updates could not be successfully completed and they were being reversed nbsp Upon rebooting my screen now is constantly alternating from standard desktop with no Metro interfaces Alternating and s... - won't Desktop icons to Metro interface every two seconds nbsp It doesn't stay on either long enough for me to do any troubleshooting nbsp If I press WIN R by the time I clear out the previous entry I don't have time to type anything else in If I press WIN X by the time I click Control Panel it's gone to the Metro interface and nothing happens nbsp Everything seems fine when I do a hard reboot until after the log in which is when the alternating screens start Tried logging in as both users on the machine and it's same for both nbsp Even if I could get to do a safe reboot which I can't I don't know what I'd do then nbsp Any help would be appreciated nbsp Thanks Doug nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Alternating-Metro-and-Desktop-interfaces-won-t-stop/td-p/3381021
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello everybody,

I would like to know if both of the internal harddisks of my Qosmiox70 use SATA III interfaces or only one.

This because I would upgrade HDD's with SSD's.

Thanks for your help.

Andrea

A:Number of SATA 3 interfaces in QOSMIO X70-A

Only 1 of the internal HDDs have Sata 3 interface, the other Sata 3 of the chipset is used for to the mSata slot

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?88849-Number-of-SATA-3-interfaces-in-QOSMIO-X70-A
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi. Is it possible to exclude a network interface from NetBIOS? When i run nbtstat -A * i see a list of 2 interfaces (as i have 2 NICs). I've searched google, msdn the forum and cannot find a way to exclude an interface from being in this list (and therefore not being included in the response to name queries). I've tried disabling NetBIOS over TCP in the advanced TCP/IP tab of the interface and also unchecking "file sharing" - the interface is always in the list. Is this possible on windows xp?

TIA

A:NetBIOS on multihomed PC - excluding interfaces?

Please explain what you are trying to achieve by doing this as there could be another way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netbios-on-multihomed-pc-excluding-interfaces.691021/
Relevancy 44.72%

As the title suggest with any programs I m using except win explorer and the web all the thumbs in the interface are shown as broken link Below the thumb issue is circled in Thumb shown program interfaces not in red Corel Draw X nbsp jpg nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp jpg nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads Corel painter X nbsp jpg nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads Those are some of the screen shots I ve snapped but I assure you this problem is not limited to the Corel prog s It is causing havoc for me since some program interfaces would have pic buttons to close those auto start up screens or pop ups yet it is really difficult for me to locate them since there aren t even a broke link for me to clue in that there is a button there I suspect it is something to do with missing system files I m not too techy with computers any helps is much appreciated

A:Thumb not shown in program interfaces

Go Start > Run and type "regsvr32 shmedia.dll".
Go Start > Run and type "regsvr32 shimgvw.dll".

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/233984/thumb-not-shown-in-program-interfaces/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi, i am unable to get my wireless working at all and i've searched for solutions and the most common solution to wireless problems was switching the wLAN autoconfig service on. Which i did but to no avail.

When i go to manage wireless networks it says Wireless is currently not enabled even though i switched the service on. and then it says cannot detect any wireless network interfaces. I've tried everything and would really appreciate some help.
windows 7 64bit / ga-p55-ud3 mobo.
thanks

A:Windows can't detect any wireless interfaces

Go into "change adapter setting" instead and see wireless is enabled.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/58599-windows-cant-detect-any-wireless-interfaces.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Im trying to to set up cisco routers series for CCNA studies but due to some reasons up coming cisco 2500 on are Interfaces s0/s1 not Router the serial interface s s are not coming up Before assigning ip address clockrate at DCE interface and no shutdown commands the Interfaces s0/s1 are not coming up on cisco 2500 Router show interface command says the following Serial is administratively down line protocol is down Hardware is HD And after ip address clockrate no shutdown command show interface reads like Serial is down line protocol is down show controller command does not show the type DTE or DCE interface as it shows in simulator I changed the cables changed the routers I have four reload the routers even set back every thing to default factory Interfaces s0/s1 are not coming up on cisco 2500 Router default settings but nothing works One thing I noticed that the led were off on all seria interfaces on all four routers but ethernet leds were flickering Your professional advice help would be Interfaces s0/s1 are not coming up on cisco 2500 Router highly appericiated Thanks I managed to configure the routers completely in the simulator but not with real hardware nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/interfaces-s0-s1-are-not-coming-up-on-cisco-2500-router.103375/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have disabled reverse scrolling in programs using the windows mouse settings interface; however, in windows native screens (Settings, MS Edge, etc) my scrolling is still reversed. How can I tell Windows to stop ignoring my device settings?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/be47064b-1290-4592-a62b-11883723efd6/how-do-i-disable-reverse-scrolling-in-windows-interfaces?forum=windowssteadystate
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello All Over the last couple of weeks I've been attempting BSOD install trying to Audio Interfaces Various/Frequent to connect and install two different audio interfaces One was a Tascam US which I gave up on and returned due to BSODs After updating all drivers and the system bios I tried to install a MOTU which more often than not BSODs my system It now BSODs instantly upon turning on the power ntoskrnl exe seems to be common in all of these events Two days ago though the system also crashed immediately on update to AVAST which never completed Blue Screen viewer showing it was being caused by aswsp sys I don't believe this even shows in my logs because I had to restore my system in order to uninstall AVAST and reinstall Avast I have already run a chkdsk and memtest and showed no errors I have replaced a Crucial memory module about a year ago that was faulty as shown by memtest Current memtest good though FWIW I am Various/Frequent BSOD trying to install Audio Interfaces hopeful that someone can spot something obvious in these logs I would appreciate any help as this is driving me absolutely crazy Thanks very much Titan Windows Professional x on homebuilt system using original retail install ASUS MB Intel i cpu G RAM

A:Various/Frequent BSOD trying to install Audio Interfaces

Deiver verified and related to the Tascam driver which is still being loaded.

Remove or rename it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/217005-various-frequent-bsod-trying-install-audio-interfaces.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi, i've been reading a lot about people using two connections to connect to two separate networks to increase speed, i use a mobile hotspot plus my own internet connection at home, i have a wifi card in my laptop and a usb wifi also, is it possible to connect my laptop wifi to my home internet and the usb wifi (usb 3.0) to the mobile hotspot? I know its possible but will it require third party software and if it is, are there any free solutions,

Thank you for your time

A:How do you connect a laptop with 2 wireless interfaces to 2 networks

Sure it's possible, but you need to go into the IPv4 properties advanced settings in order to put in the static IP's and set up seperate subnets for the default gateways to get it all working. The link below explains it pretty well. You can get more info if you Google multihoming networks.

No third party software required so yes it's free but it will be two separate networks so probably won't work at the same time on the same interface so may not actually increase the internet speed but would allow you to direct traffic through the wired connection which would be faster.

Multihoming Techniques | eHow.com

This link talks about the changing the Metric to adjust for which connection has the priority.
http://www.ehow.com/how_6951540_conf...ed-server.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/234650-how-do-you-connect-laptop-2-wireless-interfaces-2-networks.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi guys I m encountering this strange problem which has baffled me to the ground and which I haven t encountered Port said Web Forwarding not ! even be working is after to opening Interfaces even after years of doing port Web Interfaces not opening even after Port Forwarding is said to be working ! forwarding I am hoping somebody here can help me solve this Web Interfaces not opening even after Port Forwarding is said to be working ! mystery My network configuration is as follows I have a DSL modem custom made and branded by my ISP which is receiving a DSL stream it has an external IP which is visible to the world say Web Interfaces not opening even after Port Forwarding is said to be working ! This modem has DHCP enabled has an internal IP for itself which is it is connected to laptops via and ethernet cable Laptop has IP and Laptop has IP On Laptop two applications are running jDownloader and Media Player Classic which have their web interfaces on ports and respectively I can access both of these web interfaces from Laptop by opening these addresses and both of their web interfaces open up meaning the web interfaces are working fine Moving on I now want to access these web interfaces from outside my network as well and so I ve configured port forwarding in my DSL modem to forward all traffic on ports between and both TCP and UDP to IP I have verified that port forwarding is working by testing it using PortForward com s port checker tool and this website too http www yougetsignal com tools open-ports When I use the website if I m running the applications on Laptop the website reports that the port is open if I then close the application the website reports the port is closed This makes sense as nothing is listening on my machine in the latter case Also if I disable port forwarding in my modem again the website reports the port is closed so the website s results seem to be okay Same of the above can be said when I m used PortForward com s port checker tool So again everything okay so far Now here comes the problem Despite the above tools reporting that port forwarding is working I am unable to open the web interfaces from outside my network So for example if I tried to browse or nothing opens in my browser But if I accessed these web server s locally from Laptop by typing in or they opened So where is the problem here The tools report unanimously that port forwarding is working and yet I am unable to open the web interfaces from outside the network Also note that I have disabled the firewall from my computer and have also made sure that any option in the above programs whose web interfaces I am trying to open that says only local connections are to be accepted is disabled So whats the problem Any ideas nbsp

A:Web Interfaces not opening even after Port Forwarding is said to be working !

Sounds like some of the trouble I've been having. If I figure it out I'll let you know.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/web-interfaces-not-opening-even-after-port-forwarding-is-said-to-be-working.1003855/
Relevancy 44.29%

How to enlarge the icons\text of interfaces of applications in windows 10,

The icon size and texts of applications installed in windows 10 are smaller than those of windows. In windows 8, the ?change the size of texts, apps, and other items? option used to solve the issue. In windows 10, setting the ?change the size of texts, apps, and other items? to be 125% has no effects on the icons\texts of applications

What might be the issue here?

Thank you

Best

Jamal

A:How to enlarge the icons\text of interfaces of application

This is all I found related on W10 forum

Icons Text Size - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

But since it is a W10 issue you may have more luck posting there
Windows 10 Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/72442-how-enlarge-icons-text-interfaces-application.html
Relevancy 44.29%

hey

i bought 2 8 channel recording interface that have their own PCI cards. i have the internal and external clock and everything working and im getting signal to my computer, but i my recording program wont pick up the first interface but registers its inputs and everything just no signal???????
im using 2

Edirol - DA-2496

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recording-interfaces-wont-show-signal.595987/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hiya

This package includes documentation and sample code that demonstrate how to use the Codec APIs in the Windows Media Format 9 Series SDK. With this information, ISVs can use the Windows Media Codecs directly (rather than through the current Windows Media Format APIs) and in any file container (other than ASF). The documentation covers the APIs for all the Windows Media Codecs in Windows Media 9 Series: WMA 9, WMA 9 Pro, WMA 9 Voice, WMA 9 Lossless, WMV 9, WMV 9 Screen, and WMV 9 Image. The samples demonstrate how to encode and decode WMV streams in AVI using VFW and DirectShow

System Requirements
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP

Processors: PII, PIII, P4 (single or dual)

Memory: 128 MB

Disk space: 50 MB

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...8a-4f2e-46f1-8835-b1d987b3c985&DisplayLang=en

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sample-code-for-using-the-windows-media-audio-and-video-codec-interfaces-apr-16.129316/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi,

I'm trying to run "netsh mbn show interfaces" from a .bat or .jar file on a Win7 64bit system but every time I run my file, it results in "The following command was not found mbn show interfaces".

When I run that same command in a cmd.exe prompt, the result is correct and as expected.
When we run /? we see "mbn" in available commands. When we output that same result from a .bat or .jar, we don't see that "mbn" command in the available commands for netsh.

Anybody know what's happening?
We know there are 2 netsh.exe files, one in sys32 and one in syswow64.

All help is appreciated.

Regards

Mario

A:netsh mbn show interfaces results in command not found on Win7 64Bit

Does it work if you use C:\Windows\System32\netsh.exe when running from a .bat file?

Try doing a cmd /k echo %path% from a .bat file and see what the path environment variable is set to. Make sure C:\Windows\System32 is in the path and the path is not corrupted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/221887-netsh-mbn-show-interfaces-results-command-not-found-win7-64bit.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hiya

This beta package includes documentation and sample code that demonstrate how to use the Codec APIs in the Windows Media Format 9 Series SDK. With this information, ISVs can use the Windows Media Codecs directly (rather than through the current Windows Media Format APIs) and in any file container (other than ASF). The documentation covers the APIs for all the Windows Media Codecs in Windows Media 9 Series: WMA 9, WMA 9 Pro, WMA 9 Voice, WMA 9 Lossless, WMV 9, WMV 9 Screen, and WMV 9 Image. The samples demonstrate how to encode and decode WMV streams in AVI using VFW and DirectShow
System Requirements
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP

Processors: PII, PIII, P4 (single or dual)

Memory: 128 MB

Disk space: 50 MB
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...e4-57d4-4066-8ed0-81d28e615bc5&DisplayLang=en

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/beta-sample-code-for-using-the-windows-media-audio-and-video-codec-interfaces-mar-7.122970/
Relevancy 37.41%

This Keeps Comming back and is driving me crazy... Someone please help..

Here is my avenger log:

Beginning to process script file:

Rootkit scan active.
No rootkits found!

File "C:\WINDOWS\system32\routing.exe" deleted successfully.

Error: file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ndt2.sys" not found!
Deletion of file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ndt2.sys" failed!
--> the object does not exist

File "C:\WINDOWS\system32\perfs.exe" deleted successfully.
File "C:\WINDOWS\system32\andt.sys" deleted successfully.

Completed script processing.

Finished! Terminate.

A:Please Help With This routing.exe

Welcome to TSF.

Download Malwarebytes ' Anti-Malware at http://www.besttechie.net/tools/mbam-setup.exe or http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebyt...are_d5756.html Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.

* Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform Full Scan, then click Scan.
* The scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart (see Extra Note below).
* The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
* Copy & paste the entire report into your next reply.

Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

Go to http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix and follow the instructions on how to install the Recovery Console and run ComboFix. Go through all the steps until posting the log part. Post the combofix log here.

Download HijackThis at http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/HijackThis.exe Create a folder at C:\HJT and move HijackThis.exe there. Double-click on the program to run it.

1. If it gives you an intro screen, just choose Do a system scan and save a logfile.
2. If you don't get the intro screen, just hit Scan and then click on Save log.
3. Post the hijackthis.log file here. Do not fix anything in HijackThis since they may be harmless.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/please-help-with-this-routing-exe-243470.html
Relevancy 37.41%
Q: Routing

When a packet crosses a router, what happens to the packet's TTL?

A:Routing

It get reduced by one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/routing.927595/
Relevancy 37.41%

How do you enable IP Routing...

Relevancy 37.41%

Hey guys I need some help with routing Static route on router A dest next hop Static route on router B dest next hop DHCP server on router A assigns into with gateway DHCP server on router B assigns into with gateway I want to communicate with Routing help hosts in from hosts in and vice-versa Will this work Is there any configuration needed on Router C This layout is needed because some hosts on the network would use the in apartment as a gateway and others in apartment as a gateway This way each router can have its Routing help own DHCP server set up and depending on where I plug in on the network i get the correct IPs from the corresponding Routing help DHCP As there is a router inbetween this will be separate broadcast domains but communication between the subnets should be still possible through Router C I just dont know what configuration Router C needs to have if any Thanks tom nbsp

Relevancy 37.41%

I access my work via a VPN using a 3rd part product (Nortel Contivity). Unfortuneately, this product stops access to the local network by routing all traffic via the vpn connection.

Is there a way to add a route so all local traffic is dealt with by the local IP rather than the VPN.
Local subnet is 10.0.0.7 subnet 255.0.0.0 G/W 10.0.0.2

VPN 131.x.x.x 255.255.248.0
Tried adding a route

ROUTE ADD 10.0.0.0 subnet 255.0.0.0 10.0.0.7
ROUTE ADD 10.0.0.0 subnet 255.0.0.0 10.0.0.2

But fails.

When the VPN is active I can not ping 10.0.0.2 as the traffic is routed to the VPN.
Many thanks in advance.

Myles

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ip-routing-under-xp-pro.282950/
Relevancy 37.41%

I hope someone can shed some light on a little setup that I want to do So basically in my bedroom I have a TV Set top box which has a web interface which you can control it from The reciever is connected to the internet via ICS on a laptop that is wirelessly connected to the router My iphone Connects to the router I basically want to be able to use the web interface on the set top box but from my iphone As it is the router cannot see the set top box and so does not assign any IP address to it as the ICS takes care of that I am not sure on how ICS works I d imagine though I would be able to use the IP address of the computer and then on the computer put software which port forwarded to the set top box on port The ideal setup would be if somehow I was able to make the router see the set top box I am not to sure on how routing works I have read up about something called static routing but my basic implementation Routing ICS & on the router via telent has proved fruitless Any Ideas nbsp

A:ICS & Routing

I have no ideas on port forwarding through ICS nor on routing. Disable ICS, make sure the ethernet connection has reverted to dynamic (or set it to 'obtain IP auto' and 'obtain DNS auto') and then bridge (in Network Connections) the wireless and ethernet connections. Unless your router has a certain bug your TV will now be on the same network as the router and iPhone.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ics-routing.1080686/
Relevancy 37.41%

hey all! this is my first post to this awesome site! WOOHOO! my question is this, what is the easiest way to reroute an ip address so it looks like it's coming from somewhere else (world wise.) I promise nothing illegal goins on. You just hear about it all the time when someone is somewhere and it shows there actually somwehre else? (that wasn't confusing was it?) i was just curious. THANKS!

A:ip routing

Hi and welcome. Doesn't matter whether you think it's legal or not. We can't and won't help with that. Closing thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ip-routing.680604/
Relevancy 37.41%

I will try to be succinct I am trying to attach a Synology NAS single drive to my home network Home network Lan Modem Router serving ports downstairs old Netgear DG - OK Port Printer Port Main PC Port Upstairs RJ jack Port Synology SparePC Wireless Modem Router Wireless upstairs Linksys - OK Serving with IP Help Routing Laptop and PCs upstairs I ve setup the Synology manually using Port Forwarding on Lan Router and can access it remotely using a DDNS service Help with IP Routing provided by Synology I can login to NAS on port and use installed apps that use ports which I have forwarded However Help with IP Routing when I switch on the NAS all devices connected to the wireless router get DNS resolution failure but are connected to the router OK and have been assigned private network address within the range I have fixed in wireless router Normally the wireless router gets its ip from the LAN router downstairs for connection and leases ip to wireless devices in the normal way and this works More by luck than judgment coz I haven t a clue about ip routing To accommodate the NAS on the downstairs local network I ve tried to disable DHCP in the Wireless router and configure the wireless devices to work with ip s configured manually in the wireless router - without any success Probably becoz I don t really know what I m doing Can anyone suggest how I should configure the wireless router and their devices to operate while the NAS also connected to stop the NAS setup from causing DNS look up failure on the wireless network nbsp

Relevancy 37.41%

Hi Routing WAN LAN / Would really appreciate assistance with routing between three lan segments This has me knakkered Lan A with RIP routers on segment Lan B with RIP routers on segment ADSL Router with NAT and LAN / WAN Routing firewalling and Wireless Lan A has a Windows Server setup with RRAS doing lan routing between and IP and IP Lan B has a Windows Server setup with RRAS doing lan routing between and IP and Lan A can ping right into Lan B with good responses Lan B can t ping into Lan B Yet ONLY the server can ping some devices NOT ALL With pathping traceroute or ping from behind the LAN B server all ICMP replies simply terminate at the LAN A server RIP and OSPF is used on both servers When RRAS is enabled on LAN A all machines and sub branches can communicate right through to the I-Net and in between Yet the moment LAN B s RRAS server is enabled RIP kankkers up Equally if this action is reversed between the Lan s For some unknown reason to me either of the servers create a or route entry on their near site adapters and RIP replicated this entry to all the other routers Any advice on how to sort this irritating issue will be greatly appreciated Thanks StormRage nbsp

Relevancy 37.41%

After multiple scans with different anti virus software I am unable to get rid of the routing.exe among others.

A:Routing.exe

Hello Kevjstewart and welcome to BleepingComputer,1. * Clean your Cache and Cookies in IE:Close all instances of Outlook Express and Internet Explorer Go to Control Panel > Internet Options > General tabUnder Browsing History, click Delete. Click Delete Files, Delete cookies and Delete historyClick Close below.* Clean your Cache and Cookies in Firefox (In case you also have Firefox installed):Go to Tools > Options.Click Privacy in the menu..Click the Clear now button below.. A new window will popup what to clear.Select all and click the Clear button again.Click OK to close the Options window* Clean other Temporary files + Recycle bin Go to start > run and type: cleanmgr and click ok. Let it scan your system for files to remove. Make sure Temporary Files, Temporary Internet Files, and Recycle Bin are the only things checked.Press OK to remove them.2. Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or HereDoubleclick mbam-setup.exe to install the application.Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply along with a fresh HijackThis log.Extra Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.3. Restart your computer.4. Please visit this webpage for instructions for downloading and running ComboFix:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofixPlease ensure you read this guide carefully and install the Recovery Console first (not for Windows Vista users !).The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery mode, in case your computer has a problem after an attempted removal of malware. This allows us to help you. (WinXP SP3 users, please download the appropriate SP2 file, Home or Pro, to install the RC)In the event you already have Combofix, delete your current version and download the latest version as described in the tutorial.It must be saved directly to your desktop.Note: Make sure not to click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall or freeze.Please post the log from ComboFix (can also be found as C:\ComboFix.txt) in your next reply. If you have any questions along the way, STOP and ask them before proceeding !!Greetings,Thunder

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/161640/routingexe/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hey guys i'm not sure whether anyone knows anything abou this but i'll give it a shot.

I have a Cisco 3845 router and a 4255 IPS behind it the i run one cisco Catylist 2960 switch behind the IPS with 2 servers connected to that switch.

Now what i want to do is assign a public to each of these servers like you get with a dedicated server that you rent. For example on a dedicated Windows server you go into the netwrok properties and the adaptor address is the public IP of your server that is what i am wanting to do. Mu servers are Windows Server 2003.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Relevancy 37.41%

Oh I m so tired of this Routing, ??? DNS, configuration Both sites are running SBS servers Main site is running SBS back office on the active directory box Main site - IP addressing scheme is xx Gateway IP is DNS, Routing, ??? x nd site IP addressnig scheme is - xx Gateway IP is x I setup a Win K server at the nd site Initially was setup at the main site and I joined the domain Now I ve taken the machine to the nd site and cant see objects in Active Directory which is on a machine xx at the main site If I go into Windows Explorer and do a search for that server at the main site and put it s IP address in it returns the domain name and I can drill down the directory listing on it Why can t I see computer names and shares I can do a NSLOOKUP on the full server domainname and it see s it and returns the IP address of that box as well Any ideas on what I should look for Uggggg nbsp

Relevancy 37.41%

Am i right in thinking that when you route wirless internet that if one of the pcs is directly linked to the net and router it has the strongest connection?

A:New to routing

Yes, of course, cable is a lot stronger than thin air

I suppose you mean that a computer wired to a wireless router will have a better/faster connection than the wireless clients.. Yes, ethernet in general is a lot faster and more reliable than any wireless connection.

And no, this has nothing to do with routing

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-to-routing.66254/
Relevancy 37.41%

Excuse me if this isn't in the right section, its kind of a mix between gaming and networking, anyway.

Recently I've been pinging horrible to a bunch of game servers and I think it has something to do with my isp's routing. I currently reside in Arizona and am seeing pings of 90-140 in Chicago servers. This has never happen to me before and I use to only ping about 60-70. Its not just Chicago but other servers, is there any way to fix this or would I need to switch isp. I don't know much about this, so if there's anything else I may need to include just post and I'll try my best to acquire the info for you. Also, I did search but found nothing.

A:cox routing

Pick a typical game server and do a tracert to it, post the results here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cox-routing.936484/
Relevancy 36.98%

Post removed by AcaCandy.

Get lost Einstein. Go post your drivel somewhere else

Closing thread. Banning poster. Do not register again or we'll report you to the school website that you are using.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/routing-problems.386730/
Relevancy 36.98%

I need a few troubleshooting ideas... (or some ways to find out what the problem is) my friend has a routing problem (I'm sure) and when I go to the ip config on run it says that her ip routing is not enable... she has a xp laptop and she says that she knows that the router is working because the other laptop is online and running just fine off the same router. So how do I fix the connecting problem from her laptop to the router? how do I find out what's wrong with it? would appreciate any and all advice!

A:routing problem

I think that this post requires a little more clarity. Perhaps even simplification.
For one, IP routing should not be enabled (unless using ICS).

Is your friend trying to connect to the router wirelessly or through a network cable?
Could you give us the IP address, subnet mask, and gateway listed in her IPconfig?

Is this the same subnet and gateway listed on the computer that IS working?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/routing-problem.660466/
Relevancy 36.98%

So I have a user trying to ping and trace to a server, but they are unable to. I know the server is working fine as other users can get to it.
When they do the trace, it is stopping at the router, but is not traversing over the WAN to get to the server....is is basically 'stuck' in the router and goes no further.
The network is advertised and there are no routing loops, but I am having issues pin pointing the problem.
Anyone have any possible answers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-a-routing-issue.677437/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi,

i am running Win7 on a laptop and need to connect to 2 networks.

For internet access, I have a Vodafone 3G dongle (I am in Spain) but I also want to connect to a wireless network (which has no internet access) to access a wifi printer.

When I first connected to both at the same time, my internet access stopped working as soon as I connected to wifi. I don't really want to hassle of having to enable/disable wifi each time I want to print...

Is there a way of routing all internet traffic through the 3G network and all local traffic (just the printer and the wifi router) through my wifi network?

thanks in advance...

Relevancy 36.98%

Hello all Need help my antivirus is detecting an trojan but cant quarantine it i try a lot of things anti trojans anti spys etc a did a lot of updates on my XP service pack etc etc i would like some help has son has u can Resumen lt System gt gt C WINDOWS system routing exe memory dump Sospechoso s Trojan Agent Delf FQ lt System gt gt C WINDOWS routing.exe infected system routing exe disk Sospechoso s Trojan Agent Delf FQ lt System gt gt C WINDOWS system routing exe full dump Sospechoso s Trojan Agent Delf FQ lt System gt gt HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CURRENTCONTROLSET SERVICES ROUTING ImagePath gt C WINDOWS SYSTEM ROUTING EXE Sospechoso s Trojan Agent Delf FQ Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Programas Ficheiros comuns Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system perfs exe C WINDOWS system routing exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Programas Sunbelt Software CounterSpy SBCSSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Programas Ficheiros comuns Softwin BitDefender Communicator xcommsvr exe C Programas Ficheiros comuns Softwin BitDefender Scan Server routing.exe infected bdss exe C Programas Ficheiros comuns Softwin BitDefender Update Service livesrv exe C Programas Softwin BitDefender vsserv exe C Programas Softwin BitDefender bdmcon exe C Programas Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C xtreme mirc exe C Programas MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Programas MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C Programas Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Programas Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId routing.exe infected R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName Hiperliga es O - Hosts kebactinh com O - Hosts fvfyc cn O - Hosts jinqin com O - BHO Facilitador de Leitor de Link Adobe PDF - E F-C D - D -B routing.exe infected D- B D BE B - C Programas Ficheiros comuns Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO flashget urlcatch - F -AA - B - F D- A B E EF - C Programas FlashGet jccatch dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Programas Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Programas Ficheiros comuns Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Programas Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Programas Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - HKLM Run e - f c- e -a ec-b a b c C Programas Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Programas MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKCU Run swg C Programas Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User 'SERVI O LOCAL' O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User 'Servi o de rede' O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User 'Default user' O - Extra context menu item amp Download All with FlashGet - C Programas FlashGet jc all htm O - Extra context menu item amp D... Read more

A:routing.exe infected

i think i dont have no more routing efection how can i be shure?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/routing-exe-infected-219762.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Ok i have a netgear just basic router, i recently moved and set up internet here at my new house it worked fine at my old house, i had it routed to my computer and ps3 and im tryin that here at my new house but only one machine works at a time, when i unplug just directly from my modem everything works fine. and one computer works at a time via connected through the router but when i turn on my laptop it finds no internet connection. someone help please!

Relevancy 36.98%

Okay this is a pretty simple problem on the face of it but I can't really get my head around it...

I've got my guitar plugged into the mic slot in my soundcard...
when I play it comes through the speakers absolutely fine
I've sent the signal through FLStudio via ASIO4ALL
I can now hear the processed sound coming through FLStudio AND directly from the soundcard so

Guitar > Soundcard > Windows > Asio4all > FLStudio
| |
sound from guitar processed sound

now... because fruity loops applies a little bit of post processing it takes a little longer to come out the speakers than the windows sound... is there any way I can stop windows sending the sound to the speakers... and instead send it JUST to asio4all? this would mean that I wouldn't have conflicting sounds and it would be much easier on the ears... thanks guys!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-soundcard-routing.800216/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have it disabled in my regedit, hkey_localmachines\system\currentcontrolset\services\tcpip\parameters\IPenablerouter is set to 0. Why does "ipconfig /all" still show ip routing enabled as yes?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-disable-ip-routing-on-xp-pc.325416/
Relevancy 36.98%

Currently if I connect my NAS Network Storage Device and NIC to my Router I can access NAS with my Vista Computer If I connect my NAS to my Switch I CANNOT access it with my Vista Computer I have spent three days trying to write a proper Router Statement with no luck must be dumber than I thought My Router is - Mbps NIC - - Gbps NIC - - Gbps NAS - - Gbps Obviously I with HELP Routing Issue would like to access the NAS via the swithch to take advantage of the much greater speed HELP with Routing Issue I could connect my HELP with Routing Issue second HELP with Routing Issue NIC directly to the NAS but then no other users on the network could access it So I would like to Connect my NIC to the Switch and also connect the Router and NAS to the switch PROBLEM is unless I make a permanent addition to my routing table I will not be able to do so And with days of effort have not written a proper Routing Statement ------ AAAAAAAAAAAArgh I WOULD TOTALLY APPRECIATE your help Thanks Bob nbsp

A:HELP with Routing Issue

you keep talking about your router... but you didn't mention which one

also it sounds like your switch is the issue, not the routing. Do you have a config on your switch?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-routing-issue.609240/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have a high NAT routing answer on Need speed connection through my ISP it is wireless using towers that the ISP has set up They use NAT routing for the wireless customers I have tried to set up VNC on my computers here at home which work through our home router but I was never able to get it to work There is a fixed IP for the wireless network a regular IP address And we have a fixed NAT address for our account And of course I can assign fixed IP Need answer on NAT routing address for each computer on the local network And of course I can use a dynamic DNS server like no-IP com to route the Internet traffic to our computers The problem is I don t know Need answer on NAT routing how to do all this stuff I know some basics about networking but nothing this complicated What I need to know is is it even possible to somehow make VNC or setting up a server on one of my computers or whatever work in a mess like this Is there some program I can download from somewhere which would make this possible Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am in totally over my head on this situation Thanks nbsp

A:Need answer on NAT routing

If you're behind NAT with your ISP, you'll need a public IP.

Go to Start -> Run -> cmd.

Type: tracert google.com

Post the results here. Give it a minute to complete

If you can install software on your work PC, you could use Hamachi, which supports secure VPN tunneling through NATs. If you can't install software on your work PC, I believe both LogMeIn or GoToMyPC have applications that allow you to access your home computer via a web application and that can punch through NATs. IIRC, Hamachi is free and LogMeIn or GoToMyPC is not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-answer-on-nat-routing.769624/
Relevancy 36.98%

iv recently moved to a thermaltake tsunami case, which has usb and firewire mounted in the top of the case(which is quite handy) however this meant that there were long black cables travelling down through my case!!

i want to know if there is any risk routing these cables directly behind the mobo, so like where the mounting scerws are.

cheers and any other tips on concealing cables would be great!!

ramsay

A:routing cables

No problem. Just make sure you don't put too much pressure on the cables and routing them from under the hot CPU is probably not the best way either.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/routing-cables.36921/
Relevancy 36.98%

Can you setup IP Routing with a Dynamic IP ?

A:Routing in Windows8

Hi Jerome, this forum is for Windows 7 users, for this issue please post on the eight forums accessible from the top or bottom of any page here. NOTE: you will need to register again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/368039-routing-windows8.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Here s what I have Two Wireless Routers WRT N Firmware DD-WRT v -sp mini-usb-ftp One SBG Cable Modem Standard SBG6580 Routing Specification Compliant DOCSIS Hardware Version Software Version SBG - -GA- - -NOSH Here is my problem I have an Office router WRT N Back part of my house where I have a small office IP and I also have a Home router WRT N IP for my cable box Apple TV Laptops in the house Office Router is mostly for two computers one laptop one VOIP box Xbox in garage and a storage server Now I have both SBG6580 Routing routers as Wireless AP s SBG6580 Routing since the Home wireless router doesn t reach the back office and its handy having the office with wireless for laptop and iPhone The Office Router and the Home Router have a direct connection to the Motorola SBG Cable Modem and the modem is DHCP enabled since I only get one IP from my provider and both WRT N s SBG6580 Routing are setup as Gateways Home having an WAN IP of and Office WAN IP of and SBG Modem My problem is I can t set a static route on the SBG so the HOME router can see the OFFICE router Both networks don t see each other ANY help is MUCH appreciated BUT please understand that this setup is convenient for me since I work from home the time so I don t want to just run one router and I need both WRT N s to have the Wireless option for convenience Thank You for ANY help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sbg6580-routing.1062980/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi, the router to be configured is a D-Link DIR-655. I'm trying to create a route from a VPN ip to the VPN server in my LAN. Anyhow, the D-Link does not let me create routing within the LAN. Are there any solutions or workarounds for this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/routing-with-d-link-dir-655.863762/
Relevancy 36.98%

I'm a bit confused about a routing issue here at home. I currently have my configuration as follows.

Code:

Modem --> Router1 (Linksys RTP300)

--> Router2 (Linksys WRT54GS) running DD-WRT
Router1
--> Router3 (Linksys WRT54GS) running DD-WRT

Router1 192.168.1.1/24
Router2 10.254.254.1/16
Router3 10.0.1.1/24
Why the different netmasks you ask? I was just messing around trying to understand and learn via trial and error.

The problem is on say Router2 (10.254.254.1/16) network I can access Router1 just fine and any clients connected to Router1, but for some reason on my main rig connected to Router1 (192.168.1.1/24) network I cannot access Router2 or Router3.

Trying to figure out what I would need to do to access clients on Router2 and Router3 from Router1, but only from my main rig. Anyone else connected to Router1 doesn't need access to Router2 or 3.

I'm thinking if I add static gateway's or something of the sort, but I'm not sure.

A:Routing Scenario

No surprise there, the NAT layer is basically a firewall that is blocking you from accessing the clients on the secondary routers.
Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/routing-scenario.861259/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi All I m trying to setup a webcam to be visible on the internet which is behind a Motorola Surfboard SBG and a Netgear R AC router IP Addresses are for the Motorola and for the Netgear R So coax to Motorola ethernet cable from port on the motorola Camera IP Routing to WAN port on the Netgear then a ethernet cable from IP Camera Routing the Netgear to the webcamera and one to my PC I know I need to forward ports and I ve done that using one router What is tripping me up is the fact I have two devices that are routing What is the best way to do this Should I set the Motorola to put the Netgear in the DMZ I ve heard about how I need to set a static IP for the Netgear to have it work for the surfobard but when I go to the LAN setup page and try to put in an IP Address of XX to match for the Surfobard I get an error quot The IP Address conflicts with the WAN subnet Please enter a different IP Address quot I ve looked online and there appears to be a lot of different answers Trying to find the easier and simpliest one Any help here is appreciated very much nbsp

Relevancy 36.98%

Hi everyone!

I am new member in the forum and this is my first post. I am sorry if this is not relevant to this forum.

I just want to ask why ospf is preferred over ibgp?
I am not clear with their difference.

Thank you...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/routing-protocols.1080719/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have two NICs, 192.168.56.0/24 and my wifi NIC 192.168.1.0/24. Can I route between these two NICs to
be able to ping from my Physical HOST to any host on 192.168.56.0/24 while using VMs?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b4a82e1f-a0f3-41ae-acd5-fdeaaa4c4d01/routing-between-nics?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 36.98%

Recently noticed substantial upward trend in monthly data usage Consulted with friend who has always been able to help with infections but we have run out of ideas on this on He says I m being re-routed through a ghost site without even seeing it Firefox has been starting more slowly than normal as well We did find a few trojans in Windows system that were removed but this one keeps coming back Line on the log--note the Name Server portion Have found others with similar prob online in some with different string of numbers at the end some are the same but no one posted solutions I click fix it it goes away It stays gone after re-boot until I run my Verizon Access Manager internet connection and run HT again it re-appears I don t re-routing DNS highjack, IP have to start Firefox just Verizon This one is pretty smart Please help My log follows Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at M on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C WINDOWS SMINST Scheduler exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Common Files InterVideo RegMgr iviRegMgr exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Program Files Verizon Wireless VZAccess Manager VZAccess Manager exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Administrator My Documents Downloads HijackThis exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - DNS highjack, IP re-routing C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS Sminst Recguard exe O - HKLM Run Scheduler C WINDOWS SMINST Scheduler exe O - HKLM Run QlbCtrl exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe Start O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - Startup RollerCoaster Tycoon Registration lnk C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Temp -EE B- F -A D -F F F B - B- A - FB-CD A CD F ATR exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button no name - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Spybot - Search amp amp Destroy Configuration - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C Program Files S... Read more

Relevancy 36.98%

I have a PC in my bedroom which is connected to a Belkin wireless router. Also attached to the router is a DSL modem which supplies the internet.

I want to set another router up down stairs so I can plug my Xbox 360 & a second Pc in. I?ve tried wireless but the signal is too weak for streaming videos.

Could I just plug another Belkin router into the one upstairs to link it all together or will I have to re-configure the routers in any way?

A:Question on routing

look for an Access Point or a MIMO Class Router to increase signal.
If you get an device with 11n support, make sure it also supports 11g and then
setup to force G-ONLY mode.

Lot's of issues with 11n devices.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-on-routing.123010/
Relevancy 36.98%

I was able to route between to different subnets. Now, I have this situation where I need to route between three different subnets. You guys probably are going to say " are you crazy" , but I just want to try if possible.

Network A
10.10.xxx.xxx

Network B
191.16.xxx.xxx

Network C
192.168.xxx.xxx

I have a router (A) between networks A & B and also a router (B) between networks B & C. I figure I needed to create some static routes to have the data travel correctly.

Router A
Dest: 10.10.xxx.0
Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 191.16.xxx.4
Metric: 2

Router B
Dest: 191.16.xxx.0
Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.xxx.0
Metric: 2

Relevancy 36.98%

I began this subject back some days ago, but can't find the thread for it, so I'm starting another. I just received an Audiovox TV Volume Controller that I ordered, which is supposed to be placed between the PC soundcard and the speakers, but there are only two leads...red and white, while the speakers operate on a triple lead system...pink (I think), black and green. If I only place the controller on two of the leads between the speakers and soundcard, the third would be unregulated, which would defeat the purpose of the controller. How should I interface these devices?

A:Cable Routing

Sounds like you have a Gateway Boston Accoustics speaker system. The leads from the BA speakers go, Pink to the Pink mic INPUT jack on the PC, the GREEN to the GREEN speaker out and the BLACK to the second speaker/Line Out whatever color that is on your PC.

What I find doing a google search for the Audiovox TV Controller is that it has the standard stereo RCA jacks on it and you put that between the stereo output of a TV and the stereo input on some other device such as amplified speakers or a stereo amplifier. Based on this, it won't work with your specific speaker set up. If you just had a 2.1 analog speaker system that only has one lead that is connected to the PC you could get some 1/8" stereo to RCA plug adapters and use it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/53629-cable-routing.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I am trying to split tunnel a VPN only have the vpn handle certian ip s however with issue routing Help i cant get it Help with routing issue to work - - lets say i want the VPN to handle how would i add that PS i changed the ip s slightly for this post Not connected to VPN Code C Users Matthew Lagoe gt route print Interface List f b d d b Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN c a d Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Controller Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Help with routing issue e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e TO Adapter e TO Adapter IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link Persistent Routes None IPv Route Table Active Routes If Metric Network Destination Gateway On-link On-link e c da e f b On-link fe On-link fe On-link fe efe On-link fe c da e f b On-link fe f ba c e On-link ff On-link Persistent Routes None C Users Matthew Lagoe gt Connected to the VPN using default routing ie everything goes through the vpn Code C Users Matthew Lagoe gt route print Interface List Work f b d d b Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN c a d Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Controller Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e TO Adapter e TO Adapter e Microsoft to Adapter IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link Persistent Routes None IPv Route Table Active Routes If Metric Network Destination Gateway c c On-link e a b df d On-link On-link fb fb On-link fe On-link fe On-link fe efe On-link fe a b df d On-link fe f ba c e On-link ff On-link Persistent Routes None C Users Matthew Lagoe gt Connected to the VPN without default routing nothing goes through the vpn Code C Users Matthew Lagoe gt route print Interface List Work f b d d b Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN c a d Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Controller Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e TO Adapter e TO Adapter IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link Persistent Routes None IPv Route Table Active Routes If Metric Network Destination Gateway On-link On-link e c da e f b On-link fe On-link fe On-link fe efe On-link fe c da e f b On-link fe f ba c e On-link ff On-link Persistent Routes None C Users Matthew Lagoe gt nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-routing-issue.762442/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hey
This is the situation:
I have a USB ADSL modem going to my computer, with ADSL working fine.
My friend has his computer here, and we want to share the internet connection (so we can both surf etc.)
We have a router, and cables. We have set the IP addresses (we can ping each other), and made sure we are in the same workgroup.
We are both running windows XP.
Can anyone help us get it sorted please???
Cheers.

A:Routing ADSL

you may want to setup internet connection sharing. this page may help, Windows ICS
... How to Setup Internet Connection Sharing (ICS). Windows 2000 supports both Network Address Translation (NAT) and Internet Confection Shading (ICS) al1ow ...
www.howtonetworking.com/Windows/ics.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/routing-adsl.365976/
Relevancy 36.98%

I recently switched to DSL and working on getting my home network working again. I have a Westell Dual Connect 2200 (which has a router built-in) DSL modem that I switched to bridge mode and configured my Netgear MR-314 as the PPP with all the proper settings for it to work on my computer that is physically connected to the Netgear router, but my two wireless computers aren't getting a connection. I looked at the Netgear DHCP table and no IP's are listed at all, what am I doing wrong? I really need help.

A:Routing Problem...

The thread title is very misleading. Your problem is not related to routing in any way. It is a problem with wireless networking.

The basic things to try: to the wireless computers show a signal? Can they find the network? Have you enabled encryption on the access point? Can you get it working without encryption? Have you enabled DHCP on the router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/routing-problem.16576/
Relevancy 36.98%

I was running a NOD scan in which they were detected and removed once I rebooted however they showed up again From the searching I've done I'm pretty sure this is a trojan most likely for botnets etc How do I remove it HijackThis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files Eset nod kui exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files AIM aim rid perfs.exe, - of how get them? do I routing.exe exe C Program Files Eraser eraser exe C perfs.exe, routing.exe - how do I get rid of them? Program Files Last fm LastFMHelper exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Comodo CBOClean BOCORE exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C WINDOWS System GEARSec exe C Program Files Eset nod krn exe C Program Files perfs.exe, routing.exe - how do I get rid of them? Symantec Norton Ghost Agent PQV iSvc exe C Program Files ActiveState Perl Dev Kit bin pdkdebug exe C WINDOWS system perfs exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA perfs.exe, routing.exe - how do I get rid of them? exe C WINDOWS system routing exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie ch search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie ch search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - Toolbar hp toolkit - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - C HP EXPLOREBAR HPTOOLKT DLL O - Toolbar no name - E E AB-F - D - D - BA E - no file O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXE O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system ps exe O - HKLM Run nod kui quot C Program Files Eset nod kui exe quot WAITSERVICE O - HKLM Run MP EnsureFileVer C WINDOWS inf unregmp exe EnsureFileVersions O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime Alternative QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - HKCU Run Eraser C Program Files Eraser eraser exe -hide O - Startup Last fm Helper lnk C Program Files Last fm LastFMHelper exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE ... Read more

A:perfs.exe, routing.exe - how do I get rid of them?

Hello and Welcome. Apologies for any delay in replying, but we have been rather busy lately.

Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Looks like ComboFix got rid of most of the issues.

I need more information before continuing, please. If you still require assistance with your issue, and since it has been a few days since you first posted, please do this:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are using an outdated version of HijackThis. Please uninstall from Add/Remove programs, and delete your current version.

Next, download HijackThis to your desktop

Alternate link

Double-click on the file you just downloaded.
Click on the "Unzip" button to install. It will by default install to the directory - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis

Upon install, HijackThis should open for you.

When it does, just close it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to your Desktop. Note: You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.Close all applications and windows.
Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.
When the scan is complete, two text files will open - main.txt <- this one will be maximized and extra.txt <-this one will be minimized
Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt here.
Please attach extra.txt to your post.
To attach a file to a new post, simplyClick the[Manage Attachments] button under Additional Options > Attach Files on the post composition page, and
copy and paste the following into the "Upload File from your Computer" box:C:\Deckard\System Scanner\extra.txt

Click Upload.

What DSS will do: create a new System Restore point in Windows XP and Vista.
clean your Temporary Files, Downloaded Program Files, and Internet Cache Files, and also empty the Recycle Bin on all drives.
check some important areas of your system and produce a report for your analyst to review. DSS automatically runs HijackThis for you, but it will also install and place a shortcut to HijackThis on your desktop if you do not already have HijackThis installed.

Thank you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/perfs-exe-routing-exe-how-do-i-get-rid-of-them-209046.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Can I route 192.168.2.xxx and 192.168.1.xxx interfaces with Windows Server 2012? If possible how is it done?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/192-168-2-xxx-and-192-168-1-xxx-interface-routing.1157341/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have been doing lower skill level networking for years I am familiar with port Routing between networks two forwarding and NAT operations I have a current issue that is kicking my tail and would like some guidance I do not know if the pdf will attach so I will describe it here as well Internal network xxx A client has provided some equipment that Routing between two networks has a small network with devices This is Internal network Internal Network xxx No GW setup I need to communicate with one of the devices The manufacturer indicated it is a big deal to change their IP address scheme They also stated that others had provided a NAT router between the two networks to keep them separate and allow sharing of data I have placed a simple router between the two networks I have tried two different models Netgear WNR v and Trendnet TW -BRV Both less than but have DMZ and Port Forwarding Network is connected to the WAN port Network is connected to the LAN port I have a device on network that will poll data from a device on network I thought this would be a simple process and setup but am struggling with it I believe the issue lies in my ignorance of the subnets When I set up the LAN to have the subnet It replies that there is a conflict with the WAN IP First Can this link between these two networks be done with a router Second Routing between two networks Any suggestions on how to make this work Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 36.98%

I have been working on an assignment for over a week now and I can t seem to figure it out I m not asking for the answer I just need a little guidance The assignment is to setup computers P P P on different subnets and have the one inbetween act as a router I ve got it so that P and P and ping eachother and P and P can ping eachother but P can t ping P and vice versa Below is a little diagram all are connected via crossover cables P lt - gt P lt - gt P All computers are running Linux P has IP forwarding on proc sys net ipv ip fordward The only way I could get pinging working was to have all subnet masks be I ran the following command as root to setup routing on P route add -net gw dev eth The command works and an entry is then present in my routing table but pining to P does not work Again any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp Routing 3 Subnet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/3-subnet-routing.1051082/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have a windows 7 ultimate machine that connects wirelessly with my router (192.168.1.x) and is also connected through wired lan (192.168.137.x) to a switch. The win7 has ICS enabled in order to give internet access to the machines. My problem is that I cannot ping from the rest of the wireless devices (192.168.1.x) any of the wired devices (192.168.137.x).

I have added a route to my router to route packets to the 192.168.1.6 (which is the wireless interface of the Win7 machine) but the win7 doesn't send the packets to the other interface.

I know that I must add something to the Win7 route table but I have played around and couldn't find it

This is the result from the traceroute

1 192.168.1.1 (192.168.1.1) 4.773 ms 1.230 ms 1.268 ms
2 192.168.1.6 (192.168.1.6) 2.152 ms * 8.476 ms
3 * * *
4 *^C

I have also attached a diagram to help you

thanks for looking

A:Windows 7 and ICS routing

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

This may help: Using ICS (Internet Connection Sharing)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/176935-windows-7-ics-routing.html