Windows Support Forum

Limited fiber download speed in windows 7 full speed in linux

Q: Limited fiber download speed in windows 7 full speed in linux

I moved into a city that has 1gbps fiber and I got it. I set my computer up to run Ubuntu or Windows 7 in the Ubuntu OS I have full speed, like 980mbps but in Windows I can only get around 370mbps, they informed me that it was a know issue which is why they carry around laptops with Ubuntu instead of windows to troubleshoot there system. Anyone have any clue on this, I cant even imagine where to start looking for the setting or fix. Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Limited fiber download speed in windows 7 full speed in linux

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Limited fiber download speed in windows 7 full speed in linux

1gbps is fantastic. I suspect the Windows problem is a driver problem. Did you check the Windows 10TP. Maybe they fixed it. But then, the really big chunks you can always download with Ubuntu. I envy you, LOL.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/363131-limited-fiber-download-speed-windows-7-full-speed-linux.html
Relevancy 81.84%

Hi everyone,
At first I noticed a slow down with my ISP (Verizon FIOS) from 15mb/s to 6-7mb/s, but the upload speed is unaffected. So, I called my ISP they told me could be an issue with the Windows that I am using.
Then I called MS regarding the network issue, however they told me that my license has expired is not under warranty for technical support. Here I am asking for some help.

Some of the thing that the ISP done was conducting some test:
Buffer size:261360 bytes
Receive size: 66608 bytes
Their ISP network technician told me that the Receive size was too low and causing problem to the download speed, but the upload speed is still good.

So, anyone who have any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

A:Download speed is limited, but upload speed is fine

are you using a router?
if yes, try bypassing the routing by plugging directly into the modem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/160316-download-speed-limited-but-upload-speed-fine.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Hi All I hope Speed Less Torrent Speed Than Download Speed Browser but Upload Superb someone out there can help me with this problem I am using a laptop in Cambodia and connecting to my ISP Viettel via a G Dongle Huewai E The ISP is a Vietnamese company and the customer support via their Cambodian subsidiary Metfone is effectively zero Here are my system details Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R M CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard DIXONSXP ref NO G -yymmdd-DI- - -FF-FF Browser Download Speed Less Than Upload Speed but Torrent Speed Superb Antivirus avast Internet Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled G Dongle Huawei E signal - Blue lights on dongle - Mbits s capable I use Avast Internet Security and Comodo Firewall I have no viruses etc indicated by Avast Browser Firefox My problem is with the download speed when using Firefox tried IE and same slow speed When I run speedtest net I get a download speed of between and Mbits s and the pages take annoyingly long to download I have communicated with others on forums in Cambodia who are getting to Mbits s when browsing using the same dongle and when I run my Vuze torrent downloader I also achieve to Mbits s So I know these speeds are achievable through my dongle in my present location but something is blocking my browser from attaining these speeds I have attached two screen shots The first shows my computer downloading torrents at over Mbits s with no other applications running The second shows me having closed the torrent downloads and opened up firefox and run speedtest net showing me chugging along at Mbits s I am at best an intermediate user but willing to follow instructions and provide any other info that might resolve this problem Thanks in advance for all help with this matter Snookybiker nbsp

Relevancy 98.47%

DOWNLOAD SPEED LIMITED
My download speeds are slower than what i see in several speed tests,
speed tests shows my download speed with an average of 0.35 Mb/s or 350 kb/s
while my downloads shows me only speeds at the maximum of 40 to 50 kb/s
I have already checked my download limit configurations in all the software i have used and set the download limit to 999999kb/s
but still no luck, also tried to disable windows firewall and antivirus which also resulted to
here is the video for more info:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZdBdy8vLhk&feature=youtu.be
ive got a modem and a NVIDIA nForce 10/100 Mbps Networking Controller

A:download speed limited

Welcome to TSG.

may want to read the rules page at www.techguy.org/rules.html , as we do not assist with torrenting issues.

closing thread.

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed-limited.1047874/
Relevancy 97.61%

NOTE: *this is not a duplicate thread that was closed by valis, its just a lil misunderstanding, i was just showing my download speeds on the applications i used that shows 50kb/s and not torrenting issues*

My download speed are always limited to nearly 50kb/s, it cant possibly reach as high as 100kb/s not like last month that shows my download speed at the maximum of nearly 1mb/s On any direct downloads
even using download managers that speeds your downloading tasks to 10x its speed, its always 50 to 60kb/s not even reaching 100kb/s it sucks!! it doesn't even multiply my download speed into 2x

speed tests says i got 0.35mb/s or 350kb/s download speed
but my download speeds shows 0.05Mb/s or 50kb/s max

heres the vid for more info:

http://youtu.be/qlixnQE4apQ

more info:
got a modem
and an NVIDIA nForce 10/100 Mbps Networking Controller

A:Download speed limited to 50kb/s

You'll need to convince valis of the misunderstanding. To me, it definitely looked like torrent use. If valis is convinced he can re-open this or your other thread. Closing in the meantime. You can PM valis.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed-limited-to-50kb-s.1048422/
Relevancy 96.75%

I was told by somebody here with VIP badges that I should not post here how to make Firefox run more smoothly in a Virtual Machine in Linux. It should be in a Linux forum. So I moved it there.

A:To speed up mouse scrolling speed in Firefox in Linux VirtualBox

Linux. in a windows forum??

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/28106-speed-up-mouse-scrolling-speed-firefox-linux-virtualbox.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Hello,

Im having the same problem that this guy here

HTML:
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/736001-i-cant-get-connections-full.html
The difference is that im paying for 8mb adsl and im getting only 2~3mb at sites and downloads where i can make only one connection.
Im using win 7 rtm ultimate, my network adapter drivers are updated.

Relevancy 95.03%

Hi,

I've subscribed for a 2 Mbps ADSL line and I'm having a very weird problem. When downloading a file using my browser or any other device on the network, I get only about 100 kb/s max. However, when I use a download manager on my PC, I get around 250 kb/s speed.

Do you guys have any idea what could be the problem here? could it be my modem? if so, what should I look for when replacing it with a new one?
Appreciate your help

Relevancy 94.17%

Hey guys. I got 10MB internet speed. So Im suppose to download on a average speed of 1.2MBPS.

But all I get is about 100-300KBPS!! WHY?!
I am connected with a cable to my router (ADSL).
What's wrong?

A:Doesn't download files on full speed!

1st, you have ADSL, you can't expect the maximum amount under any circumstance.
2nd, your connection is only as fast as the slowest link in the chain.
3rd, Your math is backwards. 10MBPS (megabits per second) = 1.2MB/s (megabytes per second), not the other way around.
4th, check your ISP and what they actually guarantee your minimum to be. In your case, it may only be that they guarantee 2.4mbps (300kb/s) and allow for 10mbps bursts.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/141673-doesnt-download-files-full-speed.html
Relevancy 93.31%

I have a peculiar issue with wifi on Windows 10. My computer shows a wifi link speed of 270 Mbps and i have tested the same by sending huge files over my network. Now the issue is that i strongly believe that something in Windows 10 is throttling the internet speeds drastically. I am only getting half of the subscribed download speeds on my Windows 10. I have other devices/phones connected to the same wireless network and they are getting full speeds!

I have tried several things but i am unable to achieve full download speeds on my Windows 10. This has been affecting me for the past around 15 days. Prior to that things used to be normal.

Any clue guys? Because if nothing works then i may have to downgrade to Windows 7

Thanks

Relevancy 92.88%

We just had fiber network installed by a local isp provider. If i connect my laptop directly to the ONT i can get download speeds of >100 mbps.

Before fiber, when I had regular internet service, it was connected to a cable modem they provided and i had my own wireless router-netgear wgr614v10. The speeds weren't great so I purchased a netgear c3000 cable modem/router thinking it would provide better download speeds. The input to this device is coax.

Now after the fiber has been installed, to have wirless connections i can only connect the older wireless router wgr614v1 becuase the input to this device is ethernet. With this device speed drops to around 20mpbs.

My goal is to have wireless and faster connection.

Question: should i buy a coax to ethernet connector to connect the faster c3000 device, or should i just buy a new wireless or a new wireless router?

A:Fiber speed

Sell the cable modem, buy a new high end Wireless-AC router to future proof yourself when you get Wireless AC devices if you do not already have them. If your mobile devices have wireless cards that support the 5Ghz band use that for potentially better performance; all Wireless AC units support 5Ghz alongside the standard 2.4Ghz. Wireless N devices will connect to Wireless AC devices at the highest negotiated speed that both support; based on range, interface, and number of antennas.

As a note Wireless-N hardware might not even be able to give you the full speed of your connection if it's over 100Mbs. Wireless is still inefficient, prone to interface, and performance drops at longer distances.

You won't be able to use adapters without buying a pair and limiting future speeds, plus introducing a lot of hassle and areas of failure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fiber-speed.1138167/
Relevancy 91.16%

after dealing with PCI usb hub. i went and got external usb hubs and yes it worked on windows 7, but only FULL speed, my cam went from fast to laggie, iphone connect to usb hub had a message " it can perform faster if connect to a high speed port" , i check under device manager and it says " the device is operating on FULL SPEED "

i have check online, full speed = 12 mb/s , high speed = 480 mb/s

are there any ways to change this?

A:HIGH speed USB hub running at FULL speed.H

Quote: Originally Posted by wr332

after dealing with PCI usb hub. i went and got external usb hubs and yes it worked on windows 7, but only FULL speed, my cam went from fast to laggie, iphone connect to usb hub had a message " it can perform faster if connect to a high speed port" , i check under device manager and it says " the device is operating on FULL SPEED "

i have check online, full speed = 12 mb/s , high speed = 480 mb/s

are there any ways to change this?

First question... Are they high speed hubs?
I have an older 4 port Dlink here that's never run 480... looking into the chip on the internal circuit board, it turns out to be a 12mbps chip... you can slow them down, but you can't scare them into running faster.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/78300-high-speed-usb-hub-running-full-speed-h.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi there.

I've a canon a480 digital camera and I'm connecting it to an asus m2n mx se motherboard. Both devices are high speed but the camera is recognized as a full speed device.

I'm running windows xp service pack 2. I checked the device manager and the enhanced usb host controller is listed and seems to be working OK.

So...I'm stuck...Any hints will be greatly appreciated!

A:USB high speed working only as full speed.

anyone ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-high-speed-working-only-as-full-speed.869792/
Relevancy 90.73%

I recently upgraded my internet service and found that speed test results from speedtest.net and speakeasy.com were giving me download results that were ~ half of what I was supposed to be getting ( 9Mbs vs 16Mbs). I called the ISP and they suggested I restart in safe mode w/ networking and run the tests again. I did and the results of the test were surprising. I was getting the 16Mbs download speed that I signed up for. The tech suggested that I may be infected with something. I run several free programs (Mbam, avg, avast, ect.) to try to aviod these things, but it seems as though something may have gotten through. Any help that you guys may be able to provide would be greatly appreciated. Btw, no error messages and I am running Windows XP. Thanks in advance.

A:Pc speed test download speed significantly faster in safe mode

I take it MBam is updayted and run..Rerun MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when doneclick Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan (normal mode).After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.Next run ATF and SAS: If you cannot access Safe Mode,run in normal ,but let me know.Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".From your regular user account..Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner and then SUPERAntiSpyware , Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..DO NOT run yet.Open SUPER from icon and install and Update itUnder Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)Using the F8 MethodRestart your computer. When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu. Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode. Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use Firefox or Opera browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.NOW Scan with SUPEROpen from the desktop icon or the program Files listOn the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.Perform a Complete scan. After scan,Verify they are all checked.Click OK on the summary screen to quarantine all found items.If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.Click Close to exit the program.Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/303206/pc-speed-test-download-speed-significantly-faster-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 90.73%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor x Family Model ping problems and good Actual download but speed test speed Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Actual download speed problems but good ping and speed test D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ECS Iris Antivirus Sunbelt VIPRE Updated and Enabled I m having a problem with my download speeds I don t have an ultra high connection just mb s My speed tests confirm that is exactly what I m getting but when I actually download something it goes to kb s and will go no higher I ve contacted my ISP and they say it s my computer The speed test is showing what it should but I just can t get past I ve ran several malware spyware and virus tests and they all come out clean I m at the end of my rope Don t have a clue what to do next to get my speed up This is what shows on IPCONFIG ALL Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users David gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name David-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - E- - - E- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday February AM Lease Expires Friday February AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B E-F C - - F F- F ECB br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users David gt nbsp

Relevancy 90.3%

Hi I have this very annoying problem [SOLVED] speed Upload slow High Very Very Download speed, and I'm really out of hopes I don't know what to do anymore I'll make a summary of [SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed the problem and will be as concise as possible So I have this Dell Inspiron N laptop with a broadband connection direct cable no router and weeks ago I reinstalled my Windows Everything went well until weeks ago when the internet speed went down dial-up like Pages won't load and if they do they load just partially I called my ISP and they said they had no problem I couldn't find any solution so I thought maybe some sort of virus or spyware is doing this so I formated the whole hard-disk and did a clean install of Windows Unfortunatelly nothing changed the download speed is the same Here is a speedtest net evaluation http www speedtest net result png Drivers are up to date no windows firewall no antivirus and no windows update The ISP support guy told me to deactivate IPv and IPv from Local Area Connection but nothing changed I did a TCP IP reset which raised my down speed to almost Mb but after a few minutes it went back to quot dial-up quot With the down speed being the same Speedtest sometimes shows me upload speed in between - Mb which is unbelievable I will make a ss next time I see this And the very weird thing is that I have another netbook pretty weak config Intel Atom CPU GB RAM and with the same cable it has normal speed the kind of speed I had on this Dell too Another weird thing is that the wireless connections work just fine and I've been to a friend of mine and used his broadband cable and it worked like a charm I would be very gratefull if someone could help me because I am really out of ideas and I used to consider myself an at least intermediate PC user Nou I'm feeling like a newbie Thank you Regards Alex

A:[SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

Lets first try this:

Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
Now click on Network and Internet and in this window click Internet options.
Now click on the connections tab and select the button to never dial a connection.
Now click Apply and click OK.

Try if this works

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-very-slow-download-speed-very-high-upload-speed-673369.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi, my problem is that i have low download speed and fast upload speed. My brother have 17 download speed and 16 upload speed on wifi (he have also notebook) and i have download speed 2,5 and upload speed 16. We were trying speedtest.net at the same time. http://www.speedtest.net/result/4038336205.png

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:lenovo U510 low download speed fast upload speed

hi Delian

Thanks for Posting!

try checking these

Change Encryption Support
Right-Click on the Wi-fi signal icon on the lower right corner of the screen, Select Open Network and Sharing Center.
Cick on your Wireless network on the main page.

3. Click on Wireless Properties.4. Click on Security Tab.5. If applicable, change the Encryption type to TKIP and test.

Then check the Speed again.

Let me know your findings
Cheers!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/lenovo-U510-low-download-speed-fast-upload-speed/td-p/1846555
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi guys I hope you can help on this issue I ve been having with my internet connection I don t know what to do I resently formatted my harddrive because my internet all of a sudden started being very slow but after the format it s still the same issue Now I ve is Solved: fine... download Slow speed, speed upload tried plugging the connection line into my laptop and there there s no problem I am gettin a slower download than upload I have a mb download upload speed LAN connection I ran a speed test on the same connection and on my stationary it shows like kbs download and like kbs upload while on my laptop it shows like Mbs download and kbs upload so what s the problem So far I ve found out that it has nothing to do with the internet connection line or my NIC I tried a brand new one and it was the same issue it s not spyware or malware it s not fragmented and under internet connections it says that I m connected on a Mb network card and there are no problems with any of the devices However I can see that Solved: Slow download speed, upload speed is fine... if I open the job list the download connection is very unstable going from up to kb for a breif moment then falls to a halt at kb and moreover it says that I m not using any percent of the network I m on windows and haven t had any problems before this the rest of Solved: Slow download speed, upload speed is fine... the system works just fine but not the internet If I try and download something it won t get higher than like kb and then may stop altogether additional info Windows bit Asus M A AMD DDR Phenom II AMD Athlon AMD Phenom II x black Ghz W Mushkin DDR PC - GB CL kit SP Seagate Barracuda GB MB nbsp

Relevancy 90.3%

First off my specs Adapter Realek RTL EE bgn Wifi Adapter Router Linksys Cisco WRT N Known to have connection issues in the past but I explain why this probably isn t a factor Not sure what else is needed SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - MQ CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT M - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled So I ll boot up my laptop and everything will work fine My download speeds will be somewhere near - mb s and uploads are around - mb s I ll also ping test my computer with no packet loss a ping around and jitter around - It all looks great and dandy Pics below Except after about to minutes my download speeds will dropoff to about - kb s and my ping test goes through the roof to about - with jitter near Not good at all Now I have the suspicion this is being caused by my internal wifi adapter the Realtek because when I use another external usb adapter TP Link TL-WN N my speeds never fluctuate and speed change. doesn't Upload drop Download off, speed I Download speed drop off, Upload speed doesn't change. have no problem ever Is Download speed drop off, Upload speed doesn't change. there anyway to narrow down what this could possibly be caused by Plus I should mention I ve uninstalled and reinstalled the driver Download speed drop off, Upload speed doesn't change. for my internal adapter so many times its not even fun anymore After I install the speed will jump to the - mb s range but again will drop after - minutes I couldn t find the screen shot of my outrageous ping beside the horrible download speed but I ll keep looking EDIT I ll use Xirrus Wifi Inspector to see relative signal strength and according to it it never changes Gah nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed-drop-off-upload-speed-doesnt-change.1102762/
Relevancy 90.3%

I use Windows Vista SP2.I use the latest Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security(updated) and Malwarebytes (updated) and latest version of K9 web protection.I use IE9,Firefox 3.6.16 and Chrome 11.0 beta.I have a download speed of max 190-210 kBps and upload speed of 31-40 kBps.It has been working normally with fast surfing and downloading.Yesterday I saw a weird thing,I usually download through torrents.I saw my downloads are happening,but no sites are opening.Even Google was once or twice opening very slowly.So please tell me what is happening?

A:Extremely slow browsing speed but fast download speed????

Please click HERE to download and install HijackThis.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile from the Main Menu.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next reply.

IMPORTANT: Do not fix anything

If Windows is denying access to the Hosts file, disable the UAC and run HijackThis again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extremely-slow-browsing-speed-but-fast-download-speed.989278/
Relevancy 89.44%

My wife has a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows Professional Bit GB Memory with Intel GHz Our ISP provider installed a new Router about four months ago and tested up and down speeds before they left Downloads were in the high s Mbps and uploads in the s Mbps I began to notice a couple of weeks ago that Internet access with either IE or Chrome seemed kind of Download speed, Slow speed fine Upload slow I ran speedof me and the best download speed is Mbps but usually around Mbps but the upload speeds are Slow Download speed, Upload speed fine still around Mbps I have an iPhone a Kindle Fire and a Toshiba laptop and have run speedof me on them right next to the Dell laptop and the speeds on all three are fine We use Norton Security and I ran the Power Eraser with nothing found Ran Malware Bytes and nothing of concern showed up Updated the wifi card driver from Dell as well as the driver for the Marvell Yukon Internet controller No Joy I would appreciate any suggestions you might have for me to try to speed her laptop I thank you in advance Lou

A:Slow Download speed, Upload speed fine

If you can run our wireless test from the page PCHF System Scans post results be sure to right click and run as administrator

http://www.pchelpforum.com/internet-and-email/130096-slow-download-speed-upload-speed-fine.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Recently my desktop has experienced very slow download speeds (~0.11 Mbps), however the upload speed appears to be in line (~2.0Mbps). These numbers are taken from Comcast's speed test (my ISP). It is obviously a problem with my PC because everything else on the network (PS3, Laptop) have great signals with no problems. I just recently reverted the Desktop back to its factory state, and everything was working fine for a couple of months.

The desktop in question uses Vista 32-bit and the Belkin Basic USB Wireless Adapter.

A:Very slow download speed, upload speed is fine

Welcome to TSG:
Run a speedtest here and see if the results are the same:
http://www.speedtest.net/
Then,boot up in safe mode with networking and see if the speed improves.Like so:
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm#03

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-slow-download-speed-upload-speed-is-fine.974049/
Relevancy 89.44%

Greetings all hope you are doing fine Situation - I have a Mb DSL connection - Speed while downloading a file using Internet Download Manager is between - KB sec - Browsing streaming speed is between - KB sec - Speed while downloading a file using any browser is between - KB sec - Downloaded the TCP Optimizer and applied the Optimal settings Did not solve the issue - Followed the instruction here gt gt http www speedguide net articles w -tweaks- Did not solve the issue - TCP Analyzer is saying that my MTU is but in my router and in my NIC it is - Speed Test in Safe Mode can sometimes yield better results - Tried disabling all start-up items Did not solve the issue My setup OS Windows x NIC Atheros AR AR AR Router SMC WBRA Connection Type Ethernet ----------------------------------------------- Speed Test Results SpeedGuide net TCP Analyzer Results Tested on IP address xx xx proxy Client OS browser Windows Chrome TCP options string c MSS MTU TCP Window NOT multiple of download speed Fast browsing/streaming low speed, MSS RWIN Scaling bits Unscaled RWIN Recommended RWINs BDP limit ms kbps KBytes s BDP limit ms kbps KBytes s MTU Discovery ON TTL Timestamps OFF SACKs ON IP ToS ------------------------------------------------ Thanks nbsp

A:Fast download speed, low browsing/streaming speed

Set the MTU in the router itself to 1492

Analyzer is saying that my MTU is 1460, but in my router and in my NIC it is 1500Click to expand...

the normal value for DSL is 1492, and 1460 is INVALID = = must be a multiple of 8.

Manually set {1472 or 1464} in the router.

The article cited has good info but I would opt for all the defaults.

restore:

netsh int tcp set heuristics enabled
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled

see this article to set SackOpts=1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fast-download-speed-low-browsing-streaming-speed.192638/
Relevancy 89.44%

I regularly upload videos online and since the last few days they ve been timing out or stalling Blip tv is telling me a MB file is going Speed, Horrible Speed Great Upload Download to take hours to upload Yeah right Other sites like that are about the same or just time out and give me errors - such as Youtube I recently got that quot We re Sorry quot page on Google so I m thinking something is up and there may be something on my computer sending crap out Here s Great Download Speed, Horrible Upload Speed my speedtest net results I ve scanned the computer with ad-aware spybot search and destroy panda anti-virus avg malware bytes super anti spyware - the works and I m not getting anything Everything says the computer is clean This just doesn t seem right to me however If it s any help - I used a different computer with the same modem and was able to upload fine HJT Great Download Speed, Horrible Upload Speed Log Running processes C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ink TabTip exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Windows system WTablet Wacom TabletUser exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink InputPersonalization Great Download Speed, Horrible Upload Speed exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Microsoft Live Search Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Microsoft Live Search Toolbar - E ED C- CB - d -B E -AB C C - c Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Progra... Read more

Relevancy 89.44%

All of a sudden while browsing, I get insanely slow loading times, with multiple timeouts. I go on speedtest and this is my speed. I get random latency spikes during video games. I could barely upload the picture of my speedtest results, and I'll be surprised if this thread even makes it. What is happening? How can I fix it? Thanks

I've tried disabling all startup programs and rebooted, nothing
Restarted router, nothing

I have a Belkin Enhanced Wireless Router F6D4230-4 V1

A:Download Speed Fine, Upload Speed Non-existent?

Reboot and check your speed again.

How can you have a Custom Build and not know what motherboard you have.

Use this little free program to find out what your system is.

Speccy

https://www.piriform.com/speccy/download

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/357646-download-speed-fine-upload-speed-non-existent.html
Relevancy 89.44%

hallo
i have a problem last 1 week.my downloas speed well..but browseing speed slow.i playing online games.watch movie. its soo low its too pain full.i cant under stand why?..i am from srilanka.internet line ADSL.. prolink router..512KB/s line..plz help me.

A:fast download speed but browseing speed slow.

Hi, welcome to this forum!

Please visit this site to measure the real speed of the connection. When done please post the results here.
Internet providers (who gives you the internet) usually make an offer of x speed internet but they only guarantee you to get much less. So the speed might change up and down sometimes. If the internet is still very slow please read the details of your agreement with the internet provider. But first give us the speed results from that site

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/190808-fast-download-speed-but-browseing-speed-slow.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I just switched over to my linksys router last night for my wireless because the small usb adapter I had sucked. my download speed went from 2-3 up to 58, HOWEVER, my upload speed usually won't even connect on the speed test from speedtest.org????

I can pull up maybe 1-2 website I frequently visit immediately, but 99% of other sites won't even load, or I get the text based webpage....what could the problem be?? My friends laptop works fine, my phone works fine, signal strength is good....??? Also i disabled antivirus and phising/popup blockers. etc

A:Download speed is good, BUT, upload speed is 0...?

lots of visits i see, can someone please help me out here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed-is-good-but-upload-speed-is-0.1109312/
Relevancy 87.72%

I already tried safe mode with networking so i assume it s not about viruses or my antivirus Here s upload than is speed Download lower my speed. from a tcp ip analyzer TCP options string MTU MTU is not fully optimized for broadband Consider increasing your MTU to for better throughput If you are using a router it could be limiting your MTU regardless of Registry settings MSS MSS is not optimized for broadband Consider increasing your MTU value Default TCP Receive Window RWIN RWIN Scaling RFC bits scale factor Unscaled TCP Receive Window RWIN is not fully optimized Download speed is lower than my upload speed. even though it is a comparatively large number The unscaled RWIN value is lower than it should be Also RWIN being close to and above does not justify the header overhead of enabling TCP Options You might want to use one of the recommended RWIN values below For optimum performance consider changing RWIN to a multiple of MSS Other RWIN values that might work well with your current MTU MSS up to Mbit lines depending on latency MSS - Mbit lines depending on latency MSS - Mbit lines depending on latency MSS - Mbit lines depending on latency MSS - Mbit lines depending on latency MSS bandwidth delay product Note this is not a speed test Your TCP Window limits you to kbps KBytes s ms Your TCP Window limits you to kbps KBytes s ms MTU Discovery RFC ON Time to live left hops TTL value is ok Timestamps RFC OFF Selective Acknowledgements RFC ON IP type of service field RFC I have a desktop where I am getting around kbps with the same modem Just enough for my mbps kbps connection But when I try to use this laptop the connection becomes like this Down is in average and up is higher os is windows xp nbsp

A:Download speed is lower than my upload speed.

Try TCP Optimizer. I've used it for wireless connections with XP, it has never made things worse for me, sometimes helped dramatically, and it will save original settings so that you can revert to them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed-is-lower-than-my-upload-speed.976376/
Relevancy 87.72%

I'm using a Compact Wireless-G Linksys USB Adapter with Speedbooster, and getting higher Upload speed than download speed on every speed testing website I try. Any thoughts on why?

Router: WRT54G2 Firmware vers. 1.0.01
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 840T Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 10 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 6143 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5670, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 942353 MB, Free - 640989 MB; D: Total - 11412 MB, Free - 1394 MB;
Motherboard: FOXCONN, 2AB1
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 87.72%

I've been told before that download speed is independent of how fast your Internet connection is. Is that true?

A:Download Speed v. Internet Connection Speed

Short answer = no. But on the other hand yes. Depends on how you mean the question.

Internet connection speed is defined by download speed and upload speed.

Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

It's probably an issue of semantics, i.e. what they meant when they said "download". Your "download speed" is dependent on how fast your ISP's download speed, but also how fast the downloading server us uploading the data, be it a file or a web page, or whatever. You can't get something faster than someone is sending it to you, however you can get it slower.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/download-speed-v-internet-connection-speed-686017.html
Relevancy 87.72%

So I ve always kind of had this issue not something really new However after testing my wife s PC to see if it were a router issue or something I realized I m in a bad spot My speed test had my D L at like Mbps and my U L at like Both spiked during the test around Comparing to my wife s PC when I did the test was Mbps D L and Mbps U L Her PC has the hard line into it while mine is directly connected to the router The provider goes through her PC etc Is there some tests I could do to find out higher than Upload download speed speed... my if it s Upload speed higher than my download speed... My PC My Router or Just some settings Thank you Also I saw someone ask on another one of these issues for the netstat -n so here is mine Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Active Connections Proto Local Address Foreign Address State TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP CLOSE WAIT TCP CLOSE WAIT TCP CLOSE WAIT TCP ESTABLISHED nbsp

A:Upload speed higher than my download speed...

Interesting thing, I refreshed my net and restarted my PC, and it was peaking at 322.5KBps, but now it's back down to like 10-20KBps (at least when d/l from steam).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upload-speed-higher-than-my-download-speed.167450/
Relevancy 87.72%

I have a 2Mb/s connection. At least that is what online speed test shows. But why are my downloads much lower? I mean less than 1Mb/s

A:High Speed Connection - Low Speed Download?

Your connection is 2 megabits per second I assume....that comes out to about 256KB/sec in a browser.

Are you saying you only get 128KB/sec in your browser?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/114425-high-speed-connection-low-speed-download.html
Relevancy 87.72%

hi! i just wanna ask between the difference of the download speed and the internet speed. because i have a 1.5mb connection i tried at speedtest and when i download i always get a 190-200kbps rate. so its not actually 1.5mb in my download speed even my internet speed is 1.5mbps. is there and calculator what should be my connection if i want my download speed like 1mb per second? thank you very much.

A:difference between the download speed and internet speed?

Are you sure you're not getting 190-200KBps? You have to watch because the speed is often stated using different bit rates. When you see 1.5Mbs (lower case b) then it is megabits per second. If you see 190KBs (upper case B) then it's talking kilobytes per second. There are 8 bits in a byte so you really need to multiply the KBs number by 8 to determine the megabits or divide the Mbs number by 8 to determine the megabyte number.

In your case 200KBs multiplied by 8 is 1600Kbs or 1.6Mbs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/310087-difference-between-download-speed-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 84.28%

so i ran a speed test with several different website and they all said my download speed is between 5 Mbps and 8 Mbps :

however when i actually download something my download speed stay at 1 Mbps or when i watch videos ( youtube )
i dnt have this problem with my phone !

thank u

A:download speed different from speed test

help help help why ??

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/37842-download-speed-different-speed-test.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello everyone I have posted this in other forums too in the hopes of getting some ideas I recently installed Windows on a desktop computer and everything went as smoothly as it could full speed at fan Windows running 10 CPU in have with no problems at all So motivated by how well everything went with that computer I decided to upgrade Windows on a laptop as well The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite L with an Intel Core i - M processor The upgrade process on the laptop also completed successfully Now both computers have Windows and so far it has CPU fan running at full speed in Windows 10 been running fine The only unusual thing I've noticed with the laptop is that the CPU fan wants to run at full speed CPU fan running at full speed in Windows 10 all the time even though the computer is never used for any quot processor-intensive quot tasks The normal activity on it is browsing the web watching videos playing music writing text files and really nothing more than that I immediately found this odd and I have come to the conclusion that something in Windows is responsible because a This never happened in Windows which was the previous operating system the computer had and b This doesn't happen when I start the computer and go into a different operating system namely Ubuntu Well thank you everybody for reading and please give some advice if you have any Surely I'm not the only one who has run into this situation

A:CPU fan running at full speed in Windows 10

My laptop fan also seem to run more, not all the time, but more. Have not had time to research.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/13547-cpu-fan-running-full-speed-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 80.41%

dear you

i was wondering for those have have an internet with download speed of about 250 kb per sec is there a way to force skype to use it all i mean i can watch hd videos on youtube and cant have a stupid straight video chat on skype i dont use my webcam but i still cant get even pixelated video without it breaking and lagging and eventually dropping, its like download for example, downloading with the browser can be slow but if i use internet download manager, it takes full control of internet speed, full access and leaves nothing to the other programs , can that be done with skype?

me

A:Solved: is there anyway to give skype full access to internet with full speed

Youtube buffers video, a live chat isn't buffered.

If your internet speed is 256kb/s you need faster internet service.

See here for more info on internet connection speeds and how to see how much bandwidth Skype is using: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1417/how-much-bandwidth-does-skype-need

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-is-there-anyway-to-give-skype-full-access-to-internet-with-full-speed.1141144/
Relevancy 79.98%

I'm using a 2Wire Router.

It says my download speed is 2MBPS. However when I download things such as CDs or Movies. My speed usually tops out at 120kbps. Is there a cap or something in Windows 7? or am I just really lost.

A:Download Speed in Windows 7

Open msconfig/startup ... disable everything but your antivirus, reboot and recheck your speed... if your speed increases, then you know that your problem is with a startup program.. begin to add only the necessary programs one by one until/if you find the offending entry... Let us know how it goes...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/106349-download-speed-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Is this even possible? Ive never seen a download speed so low, I cant even watch youtube, and forget netflix. Yet my upload seems to be through the roof. What is causing this? .58mb/s DL with a 43.26mb/s upload @ 5 ms ping.

A:Extremely low download speed and extremely high upload speed

Might I ask what time of day you did that test? In My Opinion, the Internet is like the Interstate. You can't go fast at rush hour.
You should try it at different times of day to see if it changes.
You could even try another test site http://www.internetfrog.com/mypc/speedtest/
http://reviews.cnet.com/internet-speed-test/ http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
http://www.dslreports.com/stest
Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/extremely-low-download-speed-and-extremely-high-upload-speed.184515/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi all I wasn't sure speed 7 download capped Windows whether to put this in this forum or the networking one Anyway my problem is with my Windows computer which seems to have some kind Windows 7 download speed capped of cap on it's download and upload speed I Windows 7 download speed capped have a program called Netlimiter installed which I use sometimes to limit my internet connection on my computer and some programs - however none of the limits are Windows 7 download speed capped 'enabled' so I'm not sure why my download seems to be limited to under Mbit s max I have a 'up to Mb' connection where I actually get about MB download and MB download but I have ran a speed test on my mobile which maxes out my download I run a VPN when my computer boots into windows to connect to my workplace - however I disconnect from this to run the speed test so I don't think it's anything to do with that I have ran the speed test with Firefox and Chromium as well so it's not a browser issue I am a bit confused about why my speed is capped on my computer Maybe somehow the Net-limiter program is running or capping my speed All help is much appreciate

A:Windows 7 download speed capped

Hi it could be more to do with where your downloading from it may have a limit on the speed of downloads from their server.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-download-speed-capped-819882.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I am new to this board but I am at a loss with my issue I recently upgraded to Windows from Windows Speed Download 8.1 Issue Windows and Windows 8.1 Download Speed Issue am having problems with downloads This may or may not be a JDownloader issue but Windows 8.1 Download Speed Issue maybe you can help none the less Ever since the upgrade I have not reached my previous download speeds I am using JDownloader I have a mbps fiber internet connection I am getting according to SpeedTest Before the upgrade I was getting - mbps download speeds but now I am only getting up to to kbps download speeds One thing Windows 8.1 Download Speed Issue I have noticed is that the more files I am downloading the faster the speeds simultaneous downloads reaches up to kbps total but one download will only reach to kbps I have adjusted the Connections and the Simultaneous downloads to no avail Whether it may be JDownloader or a Windows issue I would be thankful for any advice pointing me in the right direction Thanks

A:Windows 8.1 Download Speed Issue

Have you tried upgrading your network card driver ?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/36259-windows-8-1-download-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hey guys,

Before I was running Windows 8 and got a download speed of 20-50MB/s average, yesterday I installed Windows 7 and have since been getting a download speed of 0-6MB/s. This is on the same laptop in the same location.

I tried booting it up into Safe Mode with Networking and tried a speed test there too, there I got a speed of 20-30MB/s. Is there some kind of setting or program that is interfering with this?

Anyone have any solutions for this?

A:Very Slow Download Speed on Windows 7

Wifi or wired ?

If WiFi then try a reboot of the router and also try changing the wireless channel on your router. Another possibility is a poor or incorrect WiFi driver for your laptop. Did W7 automatically install one or did you install your own.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/349389-very-slow-download-speed-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi, just upgraded from XP to Windows 7 today and would really like to know what download speed my dial up is running at?? Previously in XP you only had to move the cursor over the little "monitor" thingy in the right hand corner of the taskbar which also "lit up" whilst you were actively surfing websites. Not so in Windows 7 which is a disappointment. Any clues would be appreciated good folk.

A:How to detect Download Speed in Windows 7

Hi there .. Welcome to Seven Forums .. Go to the Task Manager and Network Dont you just hate Dialup

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/306376-how-detect-download-speed-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi guys, please I need help!

When I'm downloading (with Firefox 3.5) the download speed is very very unstable. My connection speed is 3.2Mb, and even when i'm downloading a file with good providers like Ubuntu my speed is like: Start at 80kb..100kb..3.2Mb then 3.0..3.1...90kb, 128kb..200kb..287kb..3.2Mb..2.8Mb..... This all in seconds!!

So what i did, with another computer (my brother) i make a speed test with the same file (Ubuntu), on mine brother PC, the download is stable, like this: 3.4Mb..3.3Mb..3.4Mb..3.4Mb! STABLE! But he is on Windows XP Pro i'm on Windows 7 RC (Build 7100).

Same scenario with mine brother computer (same file, same browser, same network and same location).

I can't figure out what is the problem! Can be Windows 7 RC the problem?

My computer was not runing any P2P program or direct download!

A:Windows 7 Super Unstable Download Speed

Quote: Originally Posted by TheTemplai

Hi guys, please I need help!

When I'm downloading (with Firefox 3.5) the download speed is very very unstable. My connection speed is 3.2Mb, and even when i'm downloading a file with good providers like Ubuntu my speed is like: Start at 80kb..100kb..3.2Mb then 3.0..3.1...90kb, 128kb..200kb..287kb..3.2Mb..2.8Mb..... This all in seconds!!

So what i did, with another computer (my brother) i make a speed test with the same file (Ubuntu), on mine brother PC, the download is stable, like this: 3.4Mb..3.3Mb..3.4Mb..3.4Mb! STABLE! But he is on Windows XP Pro i'm on Windows 7 RC (Build 7100).

Same scenario with mine brother computer (same file, same browser, same network and same location).

I can't figure out what is the problem! Can be Windows 7 RC the problem?

My computer was not runing any P2P program or direct download!

First RC will start timing out within a month so you are going to have to change anyway.

Second I suspect you are running homegroup. Homegroup should not be used on mixed OS networks. since you have XP ubuntu, and win7 you should be using the workgroup model. asy enough to verify. simply create a new network using workgroup and if it fixes you problem you can disable IPv6 and kill homegroup.
Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/56238-windows-7-super-unstable-download-speed.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello all,

I went from browsers not working before resetting my 3 day old gateway, to crazy slow browser and download speed. So at least I'm moving up in life! How can I increase my browser speed and downloads? Am I missing a driver, need to configure/reset IP's or winsock? I'd like to refrain from changing too much I have to reset factory setting again.

A:Windows 7 factory settings and now 5 know/sec download speed

If it's only 3 days old, take it back to where you got it and make them fix it.

You should not have any problems with a new computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/257672-windows-7-factory-settings-now-5-know-sec-download-speed.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I have recently conducted an experiment trying to see which of those Windows operating system would download a file faster I used the website testmy net and I downloaded a mb file I did that of Download Windows 2000, XP, Vista Win Win speed times for each operating system All of those operating systems were installed on the same type of computer - Dell Optiplex Gx Initially I predicted that the file would take about the same time for each operating system but the results surprised me The average time it took to download the mb file for Windows - seconds Windows XP - seconds Windows Vista - seconds I am trying to figure out why it took so long for Windows Keep in mind that I used the following browsers for each system Windows - IE Windows Xp - IE Windows Vista - IE I wonder if that played a part in determining the download speed Anyway does anybody else have any other ideas Thank you for your time nbsp

A:Download speed of Win 2000, Win XP, Windows Vista

Should of used the same browser on each OS also so you then can see is it is the OS or the browser that is faster or slower

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed-of-win-2000-win-xp-windows-vista.773045/
Relevancy 78.26%

Using a Linsys WRT160N with a Linksys WUSB300N wireless adapter.

This is my internet speed in Minneapolis running Windows XP Pro

And now the speed running Windows 7 Ultimate 32Bit.

I've done every tweak you can imagine from the IPV6, disabling my firewall, antivirus and whatever else you can think of.

The thing is, I use a tool that opens up the concurrent connection in the TCP/IP with XP Pro. Anyone out there successfully fixed the SLOW download speed in Windows 7?

A:Download speed is SLOW in Windows 7 Ultimate

No problems with DL here...
Win 7 Ult 64

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/35886-download-speed-slow-windows-7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 78.26%

i was forced to roll back to windows xp temporarily due to a problem in my computer, Now i am facing a problem that a good health torrent downloads at a poor speed of 10Kbps tops. My ISP provides 4.5 Mbps download and 1.25 Mbps download. It really pisses me off. I tried various settings, but still couldn't speed up a bit. PLease help me folks for a good torrent download speed in windows xp. thanks love you all..

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/383200-slow-torrent-download-speed-windows-xp.html
Relevancy 78.26%

im just wondering how can i make my downloads faster without getting one of the "tacky" download browsers that are not safesrry its 73.6 kbs per secEdit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/201286/how-can-i-speed-up-my-download-speed/
Relevancy 78.26%

Is it possible to increase the download speed from an ISP without using rubbish software which generally have Malware with it?

One word answers are not useful in this debate...
Be explicit and don't rant like I do!

A:Can you speed up download speed from ISP

Not it isn't, And none of those so called accelerators will either. The only way to get faster speed with your ISP is to get a faster package/connection if possible, or go with an ISP that offers faster connections.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/212929-can-you-speed-up-download-speed-isp.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello Eight-forums Since I installed Windows my download speed gets huge drops My ping and upload speeds are fine but only my download speed has problems I am using a wireless network adapter Asus PCE-N Before I installed W I had no issues at all with it I already tried installing different drivers and I am now using the latest version from the chipset maker Realtek RTL CE-VA version I installed it manually through the device manager I also use the wireless connection g because my router is not compatible with n I do think it is a software based problem because the hardware is only months Unstable WiFi Windows download speed installing 8.1: After old and worked fine on Windows Other computers in my house don't have any instability problems I can maybe use a cable for internet but that would go through my hole house so that's not a solution I added a picture of the ipconfig all maybe it is useful for your guys Here is also a picture of the latest speed-test I did ping and upload are fine but download is very bad it stays at the start for some seconds and then it gets a big peak This test is one of the worse Also here is the graph of the download speed it is really not stable I hope After installing Windows 8.1: Unstable WiFi download speed someone finds a solution for me because I am getting really frustrated after some time I also don't want to reinstall I also have heard that many other people have different WiFi problems with Windows Edit I After installing Windows 8.1: Unstable WiFi download speed already changed the After installing Windows 8.1: Unstable WiFi download speed channel of my router so it is not interfering with each other Greetings killerboye

A:After installing Windows 8.1: Unstable WiFi download speed

Have you tried the Asus driver as it seems both the Realtek and the Asus drivers are a bit problematic with Windows 8.1.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download PCE-N15

Windows 8.1 compatibility for Asus PCE-N15 Wireless Network Adapter model

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/34205-after-installing-windows-8-1-unstable-wifi-download-speed.html
Relevancy 77.4%

i have a speed of 1.76bit per second+or more(on www.bandwidthplace.com) <- is it only in USA?
on www.speedtest.net it shows-

^^ there is no server near me, so it's about 100km from where i live.
on torrents, there are MANY seeds but it downloads only 300-390kbps.
same on IE7. mayby there's some limits that can only do 400 kbps?
thanks!

A:Limited speed?

So are you having trouble opening up or connecting to Internet pages? I'm running 4000 kb/s 233kb/s. Your router can affect Internet speeds too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-speed.122764/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi Guy's,
Just upgraded my laptop from Windows Vista to Windows 7 Ultimate via a fresh install yesterday, everythings fine except my shocking Download and Upload Speed in comparison with what I had before. My current downloads are crawling at 8.76kb/s compard with the 2mb/s I was getting before, I have tried updating my drivers and router software (Netgear WGR614 v6) but to no avail as yet....

Help !

Cheers

Harry H

A:Shocking Download Speed after Windows 7 Ultimate Fresh Install

Here is what I found on this.
Netgear WGR614v6 slow? - Yahoo! Answers

To change the MTU settings read below.

First start an administrator console by entering cmd into the searchbox on the start menu, right click the little icon and choose "run as administrator".

In the console enter the following commands to change the MTU:

Type into command window "netsh interface ipv4 show interfaces" without the quotes. Take note of the id number of the wireless interface.

Then to change to mtu 1460 use the following command.

"netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface id mtu=1460 store=persistent"

The MTU settings also causes problems with wireless NAS shares not connection and timing out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/129939-shocking-download-speed-after-windows-7-ultimate-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I'm using CD Burner XP Pro 3 and for some reason I can only burn DVDs at 1x with my 16x burner and 16x DVD-Rs.

Would any one be able to explain why this is or how to resolve it?

Also What burning software do you use? I've had bad experiences with Nero so haven't used it in a while.

Hope someone can help, and thanks in advance.

Cheers.

A:Limited DVD burn speed

Check the settings in the BIOS for the DVD drive - make sure they are set at Auto.
I use Nero because I have had less grief with it than Roxio and others - but beware as some OEM software will only work with the drive it was shipped with. Nero is 90% backwards compatible so if you can get hold of the latest version of Nero you might have fewer problems. You don't say what you are using now but there may be settings hidden in there to control the burn speeds. Also check the overrun settings.
One other item to check is how the system resources are - take a non technical look at the Windows Task Manager Performance Tab and make sure that at idle the CPU usage is < 5% and the PF usage is less than about 10% on the graph. Also see that you have less than 50 processes running. Any more than this will slow down the burn speed.
Hope this is helpful

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-dvd-burn-speed.84024/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi

By visiting the Event viewer for my BSOD I noticed that two warnings are appearing in the list whose source is Kernel processor power and it is shown in the list every time that if i have booted my PC.
Had i not visited event viewer for BSOD purpose I would not have known these warnings!.

Warning 1:
The speed of processor 0 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.

Warning 2:
The speed of processor 1 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.

What is this? Does this show any prob with my processor or is it a normal thing to appear.

Hasnain.

A:Speed of processor limited

What type of CPU and which motherboard do you have? It's possible that the CPU is being slowed/throttled due to excessive heat.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speed-of-processor-limited.150234/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi Frustrated I had posted this issue nearly two weeks Desktop on 7 Internet HP issues Windows download speed computer Solved: ago out of desparation and have been doing research across multiple tech forums to fix my desktop Solved: Internet download speed issues on HP Windows 7 Desktop computer issues found out the symptoms ain t unique Background I began having slow internet issues specifically downloads with my HP Windows bit desktop about months after purchase it is a year old dinosaur At the time I was running McAfee and kept getting the annoying quot your firewall is down click to upgrade quot message I ran Malware Bytes uninstalled McAfee so I thought and Solved: Internet download speed issues on HP Windows 7 Desktop computer downloaded my ISP Comcast Norton security suite from their site Download speed situation didn t improve and then I began to get the Norton Error Code As advised by one of the guys here I ran the Solved: Internet download speed issues on HP Windows 7 Desktop computer McAffee complete uninstall as well as Norton s Added to that my firewall was down so I did a deep scan nothing malicious detected and then the popular BFE and other step by step stuff provided by a kind soul on the Microsoft community forum to fix registry issues Firewall is back on and I am now using MSE for security protection - had enough of Norton McAfee Yesterday I activated service on a quot new and improved quot Comcast modem which I am supposed to be able to get the most out of the speed available My speed test for downloads on the HP desktop Mbps Latest research indicated a potential communication issue between my Linksys router model WRT N version and Windows requires an update to the firmware or drivers or something My last hope of fixing this myself which is beyond stretching my capabilities - I am a smart girl but this really sucks is trying this last thing Problems I can not find my router username password which is apparently different than my network ones really and I don t know how to interpret the cmd run recommended by a previous Tech Guy forum discussion thread - the media disconnected items are worrisome Would really appreciate any guidance help in troubleshooting resolving this issue My Dell laptop work computer and MAC laptop work just fine - they are speedy It is solely the desktop that is having these problems making my hair turn gray It would be a lovely Xmas gift to have my desktop functional again thanks so much in advance Windows IP Configuration Host Name HomeDesktop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd va comcast net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address AC- - - - C- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd va comcast net Description n Wireless LAN Card Physical Address AC- - - - C- A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f e bb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday December PM Lease Expires Saturday December PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C-CA-B - -AC-C -BE-C - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address -AC-C -BE-C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap hsd va comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -... Read more

A:Solved: Internet download speed issues on HP Windows 7 Desktop computer

As advised by one of the guys here, I ran the McAffee complete uninstall as well as Norton'sClick to expand...

did you use the removal tool for each ?

if you connect to the router directly with a cable , what speeds do you get

use
www.speedtest.net run a few times, and make sure nothing is else is downloading or anyone is connected to the router

the ipconfig /all looks OK

also post back an xirrus screen shot
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/

if you want to optimise base station position and signal strength / dead spots use
http://www.chimoosoft.com/products/apgrapher/ which has a graph function to monitor signal
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-download-speed-issues-on-hp-windows-7-desktop-computer.1081913/
Relevancy 75.68%

Co-worker has asked me to take a look at her Acer Aspire one one of those small quot net Limited? Internet / 1 Speed Artificially Mbs (2 Mbs) books quot type Internet Speed Artificially Limited? (2 Mbs / 1 Mbs) of computers and I've given it the once over Her primary complaint is that it runs slow on the internet I've given it the quot once over quot deleted all the trashware that came from the factory ran Combofix which Internet Speed Artificially Limited? (2 Mbs / 1 Mbs) found very little or nothing ran housecall which took over hours to get complete and found nothing I canceled the housecall scan because I was tired of waiting So then I tested the internet connection speed using several different online tests speakeasy speedtest etc and each time got the exact same result On an internet connection that tests Mbs Mbs Down Up on my quot known good quot computer this little Acer Aspire One netbook consistently tests Mbs Mbs on BOTH wired LAN and wireless connection The obvious st thing is infection but I don't think it's infected It has none of the indicators of infection i e no toolbars pop-ups redirects etc and besides that the connection speed appears to be deliberately limited to exactly I find no evidence of any strange software installed either The machine has been running for a couple of years and to all outward appearances they haven't really done much with it No P P filesharing software etc I've run chkdsk and deleted the temporary files checked Device Manager for flagged devices and it doesn't need defragging I should also note that once I got a DNS error couldn't find Google so I changed the DNS on both wired amp wireless adapters to Google's quot OpenDNS quot etc and that issue went away Think I've covered all the basics Other than getting very focused on a search for malware which I CAN do if necessary but I think it will be a waste of time what else can I be looking at Any help appreciated and thanks in advance Note Acer identifies the quot sub-model quot my word as AO h Win -bit O S

A:Internet Speed Artificially Limited? (2 Mbs / 1 Mbs)

I would first try to update all of the drivers to the latest edition.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-speed-artificially-limited-2-mbs-1-mbs-933538.html
Relevancy 75.68%

This forum doesn't seem super active probably Wifi Mbps?! 20 Speed to Limited because of the few Helix owners but I'll post my question anyway hoping someone can confirm nbsp My wifi speed is limited to Mbps nbsp Wifi Speed Limited to 20 Mbps?! Whether connecting to the internet or on my intranet nbsp Top of the line ac router few feet away no interferences copying files to or from a PC which is connected to the network by ethernet nbsp I get no more than MB sec nbsp Same location nbsp with a -yr old laptop - MB sec nbsp Reboots driver update etc no difference nbsp Different router and location is the same nbsp The Helix reports the wifi card as a too nbsp nbsp Not n or a n nbsp nbsp Connecting the USB to ethernet lenovo adpater I get MB sec so close to the mbps limit nbsp of the adpater that's normal nbsp Issue well accessing data and for example browsing pic tures on my NAS or another PC is very painful at MB sec nbsp At - MB sec on my laptop it's instantaneous no pb nbsp I'm ok if it's a small cheaper Atom tablet but not so much for a laptop tablet nbsp My basic -yr old laptop does times better nbsp Or is my Helix faulty nbsp Solved Go to Solution

A:Wifi Speed Limited to 20 Mbps?!

I second that, the Lenovo team should take a closer look at this problem.I'm oscilating around 4MB/s, which is also slower than expected, sometimes even dropping to 2,5.It could be a driver fault, hopefully fixable.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/Wifi-Speed-Limited-to-20-Mbps/td-p/1206872
Relevancy 75.68%

Having this issue from Windows in Even Viewer there are annoying events saying The speed of processor in group is being limited by system firmware The processor has been in this reduced performance state for seconds since the last report The speed of processor in group is being limited by system firmware The processor has been in this reduced performance state by... processor speed in The being x 0 group of is limited for seconds since the last report The speed of processor in group is being limited by system firmware The processor has been in this reduced performance state for seconds The speed of processor x in group 0 is being limited by... since the last report The speed of processor in group is being limited by system firmware The processor has been in this reduced performance state for seconds since the last report I am on Windows I was in Windows but The speed of processor x in group 0 is being limited by... it has too many driver issues and stuff so I factory restored and still this event The speed of processor x in group 0 is being limited by... happens Have the latest BIOS BIOS Version Date Insyde F SMBIOS Version I had to factory restore again an hour ago since the factory restore wasn't a full one - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power quot Guid quot F E F-FE - E F-B - F CC quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt System - Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power Guid F E F-FE - E F-B - F CC EventID Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel System Computer WIN- QBLL R M C - Security UserID S- - - - EventData Group Number CapDurationInSeconds PpcChanges TpcChanges PccChanges

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/72020-speed-processor-x-group-0-being-limited.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi there I m having some trouble with my wireless internet connection Firstly I don t quite recall the specific max bandwidth my connection has since I have a problem with numbers but I am very sure that the maximum download speed I can attain kb s is far below what it should be speed Internet Limited DL/UL Unbalanced / capable of delivering and what it was advertised to deliver Of course I know Limited / Unbalanced Internet DL/UL speed that these advertisements often exaggerate but still Furthermore at times the download speed goes down to the - kb s range and the normal maximum speed appears again at random Yeah you might say that s pretty annoying And as skilled as I am with the more hardware-ish sides of computer technology I m having trouble finding out what s causing the problem and I don t want to mess up anything so I can t connect to the Internet at all The router is a SpeedTouch ST and the Internet provider is a Norwegian company known as Telenor I m not completely sure what kind of broadband package I have though and since I ve moved recently I cannot find the documentation Any help to Limited / Unbalanced Internet DL/UL speed solving this problem nbsp

Relevancy 75.25%

Hi I wonder if any one can help at speed run Cant full Ram here I cant get the ram to run at full speed If i do the PC locks up after - mins and then i have to Cant run Ram at full speed press the reset button on the base unit after i do this the PC will work perfectly fine for the remainder of the time it s used until I power off in which Cant run Ram at full speed case it will freeze again like before upon first boot I thought at first it might be a heat problem but as i say it s only the first - mins on first boot up that is the problem i would guess if it were heat related it would be every - mins not just the first boot up am i wrong I checked temps using the motherboard utility and via bios and all temps and fan speeds are as they should be I m currently running the Ram underclocked at mhz as this seems to not cause the lockup but surly i should be able to run it at full speed is this a motherboard problem that cant be fixed or is there any settings that are not right that can fix the problem I have everything in the bios on auto except for the ram frequency as i said i had to underclock Specs are below if you need more please ask and if this is in the wrong part of the forum mods feel free to move Intel core duo GB Corsair DDR mhz N SLI-DS motherboard bios updated to latest version Nvidia Gforce GTs mb running in the PCIE x slot watt power supply Xp home SP all drivers are latest versions nbsp

A:Cant run Ram at full speed

Are you running the memory at the proper voltage ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-run-ram-at-full-speed.96862/
Relevancy 75.25%

I have a Memorex 32 Maxx that doesn't read at 40x or Write at 32 x even with the correct media. It reads at 12x and writes at 8x.

I'm running Windows XP and it won't give me DMA. I can't find a way overriding this on the motherboard (Gigabyte GA - 7ZXE). Its on a ATA100 cable.

Although, it burns CD's ok it's too slow.

Relevancy 75.25%

hello.
i have a m7vka motherboard and an amd 1.13 GHz processor. but my computer runs at 850 mhz. can anyone help me?
i got some info's about my motherboard and it is said that it can support up to 1.2 ghz. in bios i found an frequency switch, after i increased it to maximum (952mhz), my computer crashed - i barely could start bios to turn back to default settings
if this is important, i bought this comp from a friend (850 mhz), and later tried to upgrade it to 1.13, but i didn't change.

some iformation about my computer
amd athlon ?850 mhz?
256 sdram
geforce 4 64mb mx

thanks for your help

Relevancy 75.25%

I have a Dell D500 with the Intel Pentium M @ 1.3 GHz. Lately my pc has been acting slow and I ran CPU-Z to check the clock and it said that it is running at 598.6 MHz. I was wondering why? I when into the BIOS and it is set at 1.3 Ghz as the CPU speed, but the SpeedStep is turned on. Is speedstep causing this to happen? If so, other than turning it off in the BIOS, which it wont let me allow, is there any way of overriding this. Right now it has Windows XP Home SP3 installed with 768 DDR RAM. I am using the "Always on" config in the power options btw.

I tried to update the BIOS but it wont let me since my battery is dead and wont says its not connected for some reason. Even if conncected to the AC outlet doesnt seem to matter.

Thanks in advance for your help.

A:Full CPU speed

Originally Posted by Blackhawk7188

I have a Dell D500 with the Intel Pentium M @ 1.3 GHz. Lately my pc has been acting slow and I ran CPU-Z to check the clock and it said that it is running at 598.6 MHz. I was wondering why? I when into the BIOS and it is set at 1.3 Ghz as the CPU speed, but the SpeedStep is turned on. Is speedstep causing this to happen? If so, other than turning it off in the BIOS, which it wont let me allow, is there any way of overriding this. Right now it has Windows XP Home SP3 installed with 768 DDR RAM. I am using the "Always on" config in the power options btw.

I tried to update the BIOS but it wont let me since my battery is dead and wont says its not connected for some reason. Even if conncected to the AC outlet doesnt seem to matter.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Blackhawk.......
could you post up the CPUZ shot for us..??, i need to see the clocks.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/242737-full-cpu-speed.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello

I just got 1 gb of ram new and when i put it in, it only goes 512mb.
Im quite sure that the slots can hold 1gb but not 100% sure.The ram is 2700 and ddr which is the ram my pc uses. Please help.

A:RAM not going its full speed

Are they seated properly? One of the sticks might be loose and thus not getting detected.

If they are, what's your exact motherboard, RAM and OS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-not-going-its-full-speed.39730/
Relevancy 74.82%

Can anyone tell me what this means I am thinking of buying a new pc and am not confident enough to build it myself. Have been looking in the usual places that people who build there own rigs probably disapprove of, when am looking at a certain pc from dell it says this

The memory speed of 4 DIMMS configuration will be limited at 1066MHz with Athlon II X4 630 and Phenom II X4 820 processors. ...

If the memory works at 1300 Mhz and the Processor only supports 1066 Mhz what does that mean ?

A:AMD processors limited to 1066MHz memory speed?

AMD CPU's have the memory controller built into them. Faster memory will just have the speed of it set to what the memory controller can support.

So if the memory works at 1300Mhz, but the controller only supports 1066Mhz, then the 1300Mhz memory will just slow down to 1066Mhz.

But Dell only says that the speed of the memory will be limited on those CPU's only if all 4 ram slots are filled with memory. Unless you will be upgrading the memory in the system when you get it, you dont need to worry about it.

Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-processors-limited-to-1066mhz-memory-speed.161784/
Relevancy 74.82%

OK so I have just got an ASUS N551JX it has an i5 4200h 8gb ram 128gb ssd and 1tb hdd it cam with win 8.1 where I was getting "the speed of the processor is limited by system firmware" every time I stared gaming on the laptop I upgraded to win 10 after making a backup with asus backtracker and continued to receive the warning in event log every time I started gaming

But then it got interesting when I installed win 7 pro as it seems win 7 does not require the intel CPPC driver and it seems so far than the warning of "the speed of the processor is limited by system firmware" has now gone when gaming.

it also seems that the CPU is not longer being throttled.

Processor 0 in group 0 exposes the following:

2 idle state(s)

16 performance state(s)

0 throttle state(s)

so im guessing the CPPC driver throttles the cpu ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/381956-speed-processor-limited-system-firmware.html
Relevancy 74.39%

guys please help me , it happens when ever i want. i speed test from speedtest.net and i get speed 0.89 mbps ( which is good for me) but if i download something , down speed is 2 kb. if i play a video it buffes so slowly that it takes ahour.

1 thing more, this happened few days ago on my laptop, so i started using internet on my pc , this this stopped and i got high speed.. but now after some days it has started again

A:Speed test gives vey good speed but down speed is just 2-3 kb

Quote: Originally Posted by Hassnain

guys please help me , it happens when ever i want. i speed test from speedtest.net and i get speed 0.89 mbps ( which is good for me) but if i download something , down speed is 2 kb. if i play a video it buffes so slowly that it takes ahour.

1 thing more, this happened few days ago on my laptop, so i started using internet on my pc , this this stopped and i got high speed.. but now after some days it has started again

When comparing speeds, remember to divide your speedtest result by 8. 0.89 mbps is around 101KBps.

Download speeds depend on many factors, inclduing the modem/router, traffic through your ISP at the time, and the type of download, just to name a couple.

What type of download is it? Are they torrents? These can often be slow.

Are downloads slow from everywhere?

You mentioned video buffering; Do you have downloads going at the same time that you are trying to view a video? Are there other people sharing your connection (eg other family members)?

You didn't say if you had tried rebooting the router/modem, or if you had been in contact with your ISP. These would be among the first things to try.

As you haven't stated what you have tried, I'm going to assume none of the following have been tried. Apologies if you have tried/tested the following.

If you plug a phone into the same wall socket at your modem do hear any noise/static or is is sound quality very poor or low volume? These might indicate physical line problems, which your Telco would need to address.

It's also possible the equipment at your local exchange is in need of a reboot. This is often referred to as a "Port reset". Your ISP can do this for you.

Other things you can try is replacing the phone and ethernet cable (if you are connected by cable), or replacing the line filter if you have one. If you have multiple devices on your phone line remove everything except your modem/router.

If you have a DSL connection you know that the speeds will vary dramatically from one hour to the next. But 2KBps is poor in any situation.

Have you tried doing ping and tracert to various sites? You ISP may want this information to place a fault report with your telco.

copy and paste results into an email to your ISP

ping www.google.com -t (Stop it after a minute or so).
ping www.yahoo.com -t (Stop it after a minute or so).

tracert www.google.com

See how you go with the above. Get back to us if you get no joy from your ISP/Telco.

hth
Tanya

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/253197-speed-test-gives-vey-good-speed-but-down-speed-just-2-3-kb.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I have a Benq 48x16x48

I have DMA enabled but it is only at level 2.

Surely it should be at level 4. Im sure I have seen it at this before.

Im using XP and have uninstalled the IDE drivers and restarted. But it just wont go any higher.

When I try to burn at anything above 16x on a cd-r it fails.

The CDRs are able to write at least 32x.

Please help!

A:CDR Not Burning Full Speed

Update the chipset drivers for the MB. You can get them directly from Via, Intel etc or usually through the MB or computer manufacturer’s site.

DMA2 is about 100X. Some burners are only DMA2.

If by failure you mean a coaster you shouldn’t be having that problem with burn proof enabled. If the throughput is slow it should stop and refill the buffer.

Confirm you are writing from the HD when this happens. If you are trying to copy from the CD-ROM drive you have a completely different set of problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cdr-not-burning-full-speed.158959/
Relevancy 74.39%

A few months ago, I played with my services and sped my (Desktop) computer up. I'm not exactly sure what I did, but when I start up my computer (aka cold boot), my download speed doesn't even reach 1 Mbps. I forget what the upload speed is. My FiOS plan is 15 Mbps Down, / 5 Mbps Up. When I RESTART my computer, I do another speed test and everything is fine.

I recently changed from MSE to Bitdefender, but the problem started occurring before I migrated, so that's not the problem. Any suggestions what this could be?

My computer is wired to the router.

A:Why do I need to restart to get full Down/UP speed?

Please post the info requested here:
Basic Requirements Before Posting your Networking Thread
You can set your services settings to the default settings detailed here:
? Black Viper?s Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Service Configurations

Then do a few speed tests in a row using this website:
Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

Restart and repeat the speed tests a few more times.

Open Resource Monitor and select the tab named Network. That should let you see what apps are using bandwidth. Leave Resource Monitor open and keep checking your connection speeds via the speedtest website until you notice a drop in speed several times in a row. Then quickly check Resource Monitor to see if some app is hogging your bandwidth.

This is not a perfect test since there are ways for apps to hide themselves from Resource Monitor... but it is worth a shot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/319033-why-do-i-need-restart-get-full-down-up-speed.html
Relevancy 74.39%

ok i got new ram today

Vengeance? ? 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit (CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B)

Memory Type: DDR3 Speed Rating: PC3-12800 (1600MHz) Tested Latency: 9-9-9-24

i have xmp profile turned on.. and here is what i get for numbers.

A:got new Ram... not sure if its running at full speed...

Does the machine support that speed ?

What`s the memory score in WEI ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/256609-got-new-ram-not-sure-if-its-running-full-speed.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello I recently got a Dell XPS L X on my hands discovered it ran pretty hot under load CPU and decided to change the thermal paste and remove any dust in the heatsink I studied a few videos and went for it It - Fan full speed L702X always went great and the CPU was now running - c lower than before Off the bat it was working properly and the fan would run slow till c then ramp up but one day it went all out and ever since it has been running full speed the entire time It happend just as i installed a Windows update and thought to myself could this be the cause So I rolled back the C drive but even then it s full throttle I then decided to completely reinstall Windows and see if that worked It did not I have tried Dell Diagnostics tool both from the website and from the boot menu but none of them detects a problem does it check the fan i also tried to install all drivers from the Dell website including updating the BIOS but no luck It seems there is no way in the BIOS to control the fan speed either So i decided to try my luck here maybe someone got an idea i have not thought of Best regards

A:Fan always full speed - L702X

I'm having similar issue. Probably going to change thermal paste again soon. Hope that does the trick.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19617440
Relevancy 74.39%

Hey guys,

I'm a 3D artist, and I'm currently rendering out a whole load of frames. I'm using a reasonable, Sony Vaio laptop for the task, which has an Intel i7-720QM, however I'd like to know what CPU speed it's currently operating at.
I know that it says it runs at 1.6Ghz as standard but then can ramp up to 2.8Ghz, I just wondered if it truly was going at that speed whilst it's rendering.

A:How to know if CPU is running at full speed ?

The easiest way to tell is to run something like CPU-Z in the background while you are applying a load to the processor.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/188877-how-know-if-cpu-running-full-speed.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I have a Dell 8300 w/XP sp2 2002
4 CPU 3GHz 512 MB RAM
It runs great and have had no problems yet
But the fan has been running top speed even with nothing or very little running
It can breath
It stays clean inside and out
I have anti-virus programs and run zone alarm
I do have 62 processes but almost no CPU Usage
Any ideas on what else I can check or delete
Thanks
Stoopidzen

A:Fan Runs Full Speed

somethings you can check is in
msconfig
then start-up items.... disable pretty much anything you dont think you need on start up...
you can use this website as a guide to know what you do and dont need...
or you can use
www.sysinfo.org and type each item in the startup item box... and will tell you if you need it or dont.....
if its the fan making the noise try getting a new fan and see if that helps any.

to get to msconfig
go to start--->run---> type msconfig in the runbox and click ok.
then click on the startup item tab and there you go.... all you really need for xp is your antivirus software.
and spyware protection programs..

let me know if this helps?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/52351/fan-runs-full-speed/
Relevancy 74.39%

i have intel e6320 core 2 duo cpu and his speed is 1.86 GHz the bus speed is 266.4 and he is multiplier 6 time so i got just 1598.5 MHz (1.6 GHz )
befor i have the 8800gt video card the bus was multiplier 7 time so i got the 1.86 GHz
the power supply maby he is the problem ? but i run my pc without the video card and he is the same the cpu dont reatch his real speed
this is pic pf the cpu speed
cpu INTEL dual core 2 6320
motheboard INTEL 965DQGF
&#1505;&#1508;&#1511; &#1499;&#1493;&#1495; 500W
ram 2g DDR2 667 Kingston
PFG GEFORCE 8800GT OC 512MB
samsung 160GB hard drive

A:i am not geting the full cpu speed !!

Hi m8!

You don't have a problem at all! Your CPU will set it's clock lower so that it will consume less power and provide less heat while it won't run heavy applications. If you try running an intense app like a game or a video editor for example clocks will automatically go up and reach full speed. You can disable this feature from your BIOS (I think it is called SpeedStep or something) but I do not recommend it - Everything is fine with your CPU!

You can test what I say for yourself. Load a CPU testing programm like Everest and see the speed while in Windows, then load a game, Alt+Tab and see the speed now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-am-not-geting-the-full-cpu-speed.682684/
Relevancy 74.39%

Is there a way to determine whether my system is set at it's best capabilities? I have Athlon x2 5200 and 2gb ocz ddr2 dual channel RAM w Asrock mobo, sapphire ati 1950pro and sata II hd but i feel something's wrong about the setup. Not that i could complain about the FPS in games which are always sticked to 85 (as many as my monitor can handle w its 85hz refresh rate). Perhaps on software like SiSoft Sandra there's something i might look into.

A:Is my sys running at full-speed?

There must be a reason you are asking this type of question? Do you feel you not getting the most out of your sytem in terms of response or game play. At times i feel the same but thats when i get to used to a fast system. Try using an entry level celeron pc and feel the pain.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-sys-running-at-full-speed.79670/
Relevancy 74.39%

My pc has a number of usb 2.0's a few days ago I noticed that have stopped working at full speed, it would copy 700mb in a couple of min now if i try it it says it will take around an hour.

I have checked in bios and the usb 2.0 is enabled, they worked fine a few days ago and i have not removed anything off my pc. Can any one suggest anything to get them working again?

A:USB 2.0 not copying at full speed

Are you using the very same computer and USB device today that is taking an hour as you were when it was taking a couple of minutes?

Are you using the very same connecting cable (if any connecting cable at all)?

Probably not your case but I've seen a cable or two go bad.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-2-0-not-copying-at-full-speed.734367/
Relevancy 74.39%

I have a problem mith my U41-70. Lately my laptop fan will run full speed as soon as I boot it up. The sound from the fan is really annoyying me. It also affecting the performance of the laptop. The laptop feels very slow and running apps will hang ocassionally. It is hard to do any work on this computer with problems like this. Hopefully someone can help me solve this problem.

A:U41-70 fan running full speed

Sounds like the fan is working hard due to dust blocking the air passages.    Computers are like electrostatic dusk collectors, so you have to clean them regularly to keep them running at their optimum potential.   First I would use a vacuum cleaner hose and see if you can suck out any dust from the vents   Next, open OneKey Optimizer and see if you have the Dust Removal feature, and if so run it.    That will run the fan at high speed both forward and reverse and try to blow out dust.   Stand back and prepare for a cloud of dust if it has not been run  Click on this link if One Key Optimizer is not installed to install. U41-70 OneKeyOptimizer dowloadhttp://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds102517 How to install and operate the One Key Optimizerhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxiGkJc8NuM  If you do not have the Dust Removal option, buy some canned air for cleaning electronics and use that to try to blow out any dust you can, starting with blowing through backwards with the vaccuum on the oppostite vent. If the air flow is restricted, the CPU will heat up, and its performance will be degraded, so keeping it dust free is very important. Good Luck     

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/U41-70-fan-running-full-speed/td-p/3295205
Relevancy 74.39%

I ran the Intel program that identifies the chip speed, it said 1.2 GHz. Then I went over to the system propeperties panel, and it says "Intel Processor 1200 MHz (next line) 598MHz, 504MB of RAM"
How fast is my processor running? As far as I can tell, I have set the processor to be running at full speed (it is a ULV Pentium M) but is it, could it, be running at half speed?
PLease help. If someone can at least tell me what is going on, then i might spend the $$ to call IBM. If its something simple, then I'd rather not.

Thank you!

A:CPU running at full speed?

If you right-click on My Computer and go to Properties.. It should list the CPU info under the General tab..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cpu-running-at-full-speed-54787.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi The speed I have with my ISP is this week they sent connect speed. full with Cannot me an email telling me that I was upgraded for free for Worked fine the first day then the connection went down to again tested via fast com and speedtest net - wired tests from pc I did a simple reset of the modem router then things came back to normal A couple of hours later it came back down to again Did the reboot process again same thing Works for a couple of minutes then it comes back down to Now after a couple of resets never goes up steady Then I tried Cannot connect with full speed. to connect the modem directly to the computer to see if the router was the culprit my speeds are good and stable at So I guess the Router is acting up Then I updated the firmware reset every settings and I have the same problem Only setting I changed after the first test is that I disabled the firewall to be sure it was not messing around with anything Called my ISP the modem is fine as they can see They told me to try to put the nic card at full duplex to see if it would help nothing good came out of this The router is a Asus RT-AC with the latest firmware never had any problems with it Windows pro x I installed the latest Merlin firmware to see if it would change something same problem What would you do I did all the tests I know about maybe you guys have some black magic voodoo things I could try out Cables are all good all Intel diagnostics for the nic card came out good also Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/65978-cannot-connect-full-speed.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Gahhhhh need help with incorrect amd info on my comp

sup, c, i buyed my comp 3 weeks ago, its generic, no brand, and i buyed it with an amd 2800+ processor, but my comp shows its not a 2800+, it shows its an amd 2200 running at 1665mhz, when an amd 2800+ should run at 2.1ghz, but it also shows that the 2200+ has 512k cache, which for an amd 2200+ would just dream about having that much kb's of cache, any help? PLZ HELLLLP! :dead:

- Please use proper thread titles
Didou

A:CPU not running at full speed

Go in the BIOS setup & set the FSB to 166.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-not-running-at-full-speed.14554/
Relevancy 74.39%

i have my gtx 970 fan running at very high speed as soon as i turn on my pc even if there is no open softwares or any running process , help pls? it's been happning for a week now and i tried cleaning dust and updating drivers with no result.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/gtx-970-fan-running-full-speed-4603978/
Relevancy 74.39%

i have total 4gb ram but in pc it displays only 3gb and i have a processor of 2.20ghz speed and in pc it only gives 1.47 ghz. i checked in control panel also and with cpu-z also when gaming also it stays on 1.47 ghz.this only happened after i changed my mobo because my previous one died. help plz.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/385576-processor-not-full-speed.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi,
Has anyone found this behavior too?
After rebooting (this happened a couple of times...with the hdd and today with the ssd so it should not be their fault) the windows or toshiba screen do not appears only a black screen, no disc activity and the fan works like crazy!!! I stop this after 1-2 minutes because nothing happen!
Cheers,
paulo

My laptop is a Toshiba Tecra R840-16J (Win7 Pro 64 bit)

A:Fan at full speed after rebooting!!!

This is a newer system so it seems unlikely it's clogged with dust.
I did once have a desktop system that would do this, I finally traced it to a setting in the bios called 'quiet and cool' disabling the setting stopped it from happening.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/254933-fan-full-speed-after-rebooting.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I have a 3 year old compaq pro. It's clean and doesn't work too hard. All okay until today.Turned it on and after a minute or so the psu cooling fan started to ramp up to full speed. Then found that there was no display output to the projector it's used with.Have cheked several times. On power up, CPU fan starts. PSU fan turns for a second or so and stops. Repeats, then runs at 'normal' speed. The hard disk spins and the LED indicates hard drive is working. No video output. Tried a VGA monitor as well, nothing. Then after a minute the fan accelerates to full speed and just keeps going. Tried blowing out what little dust was in it, un-plugged and re-plugged all the connectors. No joy. What's the most likely suspect? 

A:PSU fan running at full speed

The Memory Modules.Try unplugging them and putting them back in first.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/PSU-fan-running-at-full-speed/td-p/5696602
Relevancy 74.39%

Firstly..I am new to this Forum so if I am making any mistake please ignore it..

Details: Windows 8 Pro, Internet connection using a USB modem , 3G connection

Now my problem is that i am not getting my full internet speed,like if my network meter shows my download speed as 1MBps in actual download like on IDM i will only get aprox 500-600KBps , and the worse part even with such speed my browsing speed is extremely slow it takes about 15-20 sec to load Google homepage.

Solution that i have tried:
1: Updated Windows
2: Driver Updated
3: Scanned with Norton Internet Security 2014 also checked after disabling Firewall and Real Time Protection
4: Scanned with Kaspersky Pure 3.0 also checked after disabling Firewall and Real Time Protection
5: Scanned with Windows Defender
6: Checked with No Internet Security Software installed
7: According to me there is no other problem with system being corrupt or anything like that

Any kind of help is appreciated..Thanx..!!

A:Not getting my full Internet Speed

3G network providers usually do not guarantee full speed all the time because it depends of signal strength, and particular cell repeater as it works over mobile phone network.
Can you check if the connection is thru GSM or WDCMA or something like that ? There should be a setting in the modem software, probably under Tools/ Network settings. GSM is much slower then the rest of them.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/32243-not-getting-my-full-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 74.39%

For some reason programs and files are taking a very long time to download (about 30 kbps), but youtube plays fine, I can go to any website and troubleshooting shows nothing wrong. I went to speedtest.net and I'm averaging about 12 mbps so files should be downloading fast.

At this point I'm stumped. This PC has a fresh install of Windows 7, up-to-date. It is a Dell OptiPlex 780.

I should have also mentioned that the Network drivers are also up-to-date.

A:12 mbps download speed, but programs take a long time to download

are you using torrents ? you might be throttled

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/363403-12-mbps-download-speed-but-programs-take-long-time-download.html
Relevancy 73.53%

At turn on the fan goes full speed. There is nothing on the monitor and just stays that way. I have reseated the ram, the processor/heat sink and removed /replaced video/sound cards. Still nothing. Any suggestions? PC is a dell poweredge 420sc with 2gb ram, intel 3.2 pentium win xp.

Relevancy 73.53%

It happens even some times each day.
There were theories blaming the docking station.

There was once a firmware update for the finger print that was supposed to fix it.
Well, after 4 years of suffering, loosing files, with no solution from Toshiba...

I got it.

U N I N S T A L L T E M P R O.

No more problems like that, even using the docking station.

Toshiba, thats fault!

Eli

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91878-Portege-is-stuck-with-fan-on-full-speed
Relevancy 73.53%

OK I have 2 Lite On 22x Dual Layer burners installed in my PC both are IDE

A few days ago after a windows update the master burner seemed to stop running at max speed when reading/burning now the 2nd burner seems to be doing the same...

Now the first burner is a couple years old and I have put it to a lot of use but the 2nd burner has barely been used

A few days ago I was ripping and burning a DVD in 25 mins or so now it is taking an hour or more....

Discs being burned on haven't changed and I haven't changed any of the programs settings..

Any help will be greatly appreciated

A:DVD Burners not running at full speed

Might check in device manager to see that they aren't running in PIO mode rather than DMA (think its under the ide controller rather than the drive itself).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burners-not-running-at-full-speed.144410/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello,
Our internet is stuck at dial-up speed even though we have a ADSL connection with a doownload speed of 128kbps.
We have really never reailsed how slow it was untill we went on speedtest.net and the download speed on our home computer was 0.50mbps- not even 64kbps!!?!?!?
Why arent we getting what we paid for?
Thanks

Relevancy 73.53%

Hello, I own an HP-Pavilion 17-F113dx that I had the hard drive replaced with an SSD.Samsung Evo 850 series SSDClean install of Windows-10Bios updated to latestAll driver updates installed as per HP Support websitehttp://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-17-f100-notebook-pc-series/7234909/model... I have the latest Windows-10 updates installed. I have everything working fine except that the fan is operating at full speed now and is too loud. How can I fix this ? Is there a driver that I need to reinstall ?  

A:Fan is too loud , Operating at full speed.

Okay, I found the problem. It turns out the HP Support solutions framework app is brokenThe Latest Windows-10 update must have broken it. I removed this app from my computer and rebooted. My computer is working fine now. CPU usage is normal now and Fan is working correctly. My CPU usage is at 0-1% at idle.Fan is Silent now.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Fan-is-too-loud-Operating-at-full-speed/td-p/5802916