Windows Support Forum

Fresh install of Win7 on my desktop and I can't get online.

Q: Fresh install of Win7 on my desktop and I can't get online.

I was using the Win forum but it took half of forever to post Anyway this is going to be a hell of an introduction I'm and a basket case I'm trying Lord knows I'm trying but a brain tumor cut me down That couple with other health issues makes me very disabled and I'm service-connected vet with physical emotional and mental issues I'm in a strange and confusing megalopolis Dallas having been brought here my son and virtually abandoned I'm in independent living in an assisted living place and I despise it I'm desktop Fresh can't install and Win7 I get on my of online. alone and have no help Enough I did a fresh install on my desktop and HP quad core and I can't connect to the internet My carrier is Verizon and though good they're very hard to deal with employing quot virtual agents quot I don't know what else to say I've turned into a dummy I've built websites but now geekspeak Fresh install of Win7 on my desktop and I can't get online. is like a foreign language I'm a writer and was Fresh install of Win7 on my desktop and I can't get online. a games producer I'm still trying but it a struggle for me just trying to keep my computers alive I'm on a fixed income and I'll freely admit I'm a fool I'm trying so hard but life has gotten too fast for me I'm getting on a plane tomorrow for GaryCon in Wisconsin an rpg con honoring the originator of the hobby I'd much rather be dead than alive but that'll never happen by my hand I'll probably have time for a quick check here before I have to leave I'm from a different era things were simpler seems everything in the st century is complicated Any help would truly be appreciated

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Fresh install of Win7 on my desktop and I can't get online.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Fresh install of Win7 on my desktop and I can't get online.

62? You're a young wiper-snapper.

Click on the Start Orb, right click on Computer then select Manage.
In the left pane, click on Device Manager.
In the center pane, expand Network Adaptors.

Post a snip of what you see there.

Use this tutorial for posting images or files to the forum:
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/365171-fresh-install-win7-my-desktop-i-cant-get-online.html
Relevancy 18.92%

While Intel has dominated the high-performance CPU market for years, AMD continues to provide value to those on a budget with their reasonably attractive range of APUs. Today, the company has announced a new APU, the A8-7670K, that slots into...

Read more

A:AMD launches another desktop APU, the A8-7670K

This is so ho-hum. When are AMD gonna release some real boy racer stuff?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-launches-another-desktop-apu-the-a8-7670k.216692/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi Could anyone please confirm if I buy Samsung 850 Evo 500GB, will I be able to install this on my desktop? Just looks like it only fits for laptops?

Thank you

A:Samsung 850 Evo 500GB, want to install on desktop

There are adapters available if the drive doesn't come with them packaged. The adapters adapt from 3.5" drive bay to 2.5" drive bay.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...scription=hdd+adapter+bracket&N=-1&isNodeId=1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-850-evo-500gb-want-to-install-on-desktop.216637/
Relevancy 22.36%

SO close Help me get this ball across the goal line I have a old quot Microtek ScanMaker E quot scsi flatbed scanner that originally came with an ISA scsi interface to give you some idea of how old it is I connected it to my PC using a equally ancient Tekram F pci SCSI card c 64bit my got scanner Almost w/Win7 old working that I ve been using with bit WinXP Pro for years The scanner has an - quot x quot scanning bed dpi and bit color reproduction It works great and I see no reason to spend a few hundred dollars to replace it just for Win compatibility so I m trying to get it to work with the bit Almost got my old scanner working w/Win7 64bit version of Windows To complicate things the company that made my SCSI card Tekram went out of business years ago so the bit XP driver was the last they made But after MUCH Googling I found a bit Win compatible driver for another card using the same chipset and low amp behold Windows recognized it It then quot detected quot my scanner for the first time but didn t have a driver Again after much searching I found a Vista bit version of Microtek s quot ScanWizard quot scanner software with bit driver and now bit Windows detects my scanner Yeah But when I try to access the scanner I get an error telling me I quot must install Color Matching System first quot for the scanner to work I don t remember any such software being needed to use the scanner with XP and there is no such program in the ScanWizard software I just installed searching online suggests I will also need to run an quot ICC Color Profiler quot Anyone have any ideas So close yet so far I love doing things I was told were quot impossible quot Help nbsp

A:Almost got my old scanner working w/Win7 64bit

That Microtek ScanMaker E3 scsi flatbed scanner ... didn't even work well with Windows XP... and the cost in time and components to attempt to make it work are much higher than a decent Canon or Epson scanner which can be had fof $40... Less if used...

On what system are you runny SCSI ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/almost-got-my-old-scanner-working-w-win7-64bit.157055/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hi all,
I am new to this forum..
To start, I had just bought an ASUS computer.. wanting to play games like borderlands 1, left for dead 2 etc. But, when I was very trilled waiting to start the games, both of them had blacked screen and forced shutdown my computer every time after the game has been launched!
I had done many researches in the net, changing the registry values in directx11, reinstalling the NVIDIA drivers (halfway black screen upon reinstalling), changing the compatibility to Windows 7, adding missing physxcudart_20 to the games...None of them works..T-T
Any help is greatly appreciated!

A:Unable to install Nvidia driver and also to play games on Windows 8.1

I'd recommend to do the following:

Perform a clean install of Windows

Re-install Nvidia drivers
Download CPU-Z and GPU-Z (or any CPU and GPU monitoring software)
Monitor both while attempting to play games - check for temperature spikes.
Doing the above will help you rule out a lot of potential issues that are causing your problems. The clean windows install will get rid of any OS related issues. You never want to touch the windows registry unless you really have to, especially if you're not very well versed in the way it works. It can cause way more harm than good. With that said, the system crashes were probably due to a bad driver instillation and was causing a BSOD - most modern systems are set to restart / shutdown when this happens. You'll never know it happened unless you changed the configuration to stop the automatic shutdown. It could also be temperature related, if your CPU or GPU overheats, it'll typically trigger a system crash as well and result in the same BSOD sequence.

Let me know how it goes after you've tried what I've mentioned.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-install-nvidia-driver-and-also-to-play-games-on-windows-8-1.213781/
Relevancy 18.06%

Intel has launched a selection of new 5th-generation Core processors based on the company's Broadwell microarchitecture. Five of these new CPUs are designed for performance mobile and IoT devices, while two are socketed desktop CPUs for Intel's LGA 1150 platform,...

Read more

A:Intel launches new Broadwell CPUs for performance mobile, socketed desktop

The full list of socketed desktop and performance mobile Broadwell CPUs can be found below.Click to expand...

the two pictures link to only R series (socketed/1364, BGA/soldered to motherboard) and mobile/IOT processors. C series (unlocked, socketed/1150) are not shown in the two pictures but are listed in the article.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-launches-new-broadwell-cpus-for-performance-mobile-socketed-desktop.213613/
Relevancy 24.51%

AMD's upcoming Radeon 300 series graphics cards may end up being rebadged 200 series cards with minor tweaks but it's not all bad news for gamers. WCCFtech has it on good authority (they're confident enough to drop the "rumor" tag...

Read more

A:AMD Radeon 300 series graphics card pricing leaks online

Rebrands or no, that extra memory will put some pressure on NVIDIA's lower end cards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-radeon-300-series-graphics-card-pricing-leaks-online.213820/
Relevancy 17.63%

A leaked Intel roadmap tipped us off in January that desktop versions of Intel's Broadwell CPU would arrive by the middle of this year. We now know that information to be true.

Read more

A:Intel: overclocker-friendly 14nm desktop Broadwell CPUs to arrive by mid-year

Sounds exciting, I'll wait for that to hit the shelfs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-overclocker-friendly-14nm-desktop-broadwell-cpus-to-arrive-by-mid-year.209438/
Relevancy 18.92%

AMD is today launching the A10-7870K, a new, high-end desktop APU that provides minor spec bumps over the company's previous desktop APU flagship at a similarly competitive price point.

Read more

A:AMD launches the A10-7870K, a new high-end desktop APU

The pricing is what kicks Intel in the nuts, which is great if you going for a low budget computer and don't mind not having a dedicated video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-launches-the-a10-7870k-a-new-high-end-desktop-apu.213480/
Relevancy 18.06%

I don't really know a lot about upgrading my computer. Any help would be great. Thanks.

A:Budget upgrade for HP/Compaq Presario CQ5000 Series Desktop CQ5802

I forgot to mention I am trying to make it run games like CS:GO and DayZ at a reasonable level.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/budget-upgrade-for-hp-compaq-presario-cq5000-series-desktop-cq5802.212644/
Relevancy 18.92%

I currently own a dell XPS 8300 with the following specs:

Processor: i7 2600 3.4 ghz quad core
RAM: 12 gb
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6670
PSU: 460W
I am a computer science student and plan on using unreal engine 4 for some game development. I also plan to do some gaming over the next 4 months.

What do you guys think I need to upgrade, if at all? I don't want to spend too much money, I recently received a $75 gift card for best buy and would prefer to use that towards my purchase.

What do you guys think of the following:

ZOTAC GeForce 750 Ti 2GB

Diamond Radeon R7 250 OC 1GB GDDR5

ZOTAC GeForce GTX 750 2GB GDDR5

Relevancy 18.92%

I would like to get gaming desktop computer and would like to know if Alienware would for get compute to I like under gaming $650 desktop or computer from Dell or Dell Alienware is good way to go or not Are mini computers like from Alienware or from Dell good for gaming http www dell com us p alienware-x -r pd aspx Are these Alienware or mini computers good for gaming Or is full desktop tower better I was thinking of buying computer of ebay Looks like it may be good computer http www ebay com itm AMD-Quad-Co pt LH DefaultDomain amp hash item b d But I think it may be build computer kit You have to put the computer together Buying computer from Best buy you are stuck with brand name computer like Acer or Gateway being very cheap and low budget computers or HP or Asus better and more costly computers I would like to get gaming desktop compute for under $650 CyberPowerPC and iBUYPOWER Gamerner PC both over price and not reliable computer lots of lots hardware problems I would like to get gaming desktop compute for under $650 and outdated Well build computer kits are good but you have to put it together and you get no software and windows does not come with it And Best buy office place business depot or target computers are over price and like years old Not sure if I should go for a full tower or mini tower The computer will be hooked up to my big TV for gaming I will also be doing some video editing and sound editing too and some basic Microsoft office apps Some games will be The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Dark Souls Witcher Dragon Age II Divinity II Diablo Mass Effect Far Cry Risen Fallout Grand Theft Auto and Doom so on The budget no more than Is Dell Alienware or ebay a better way to go nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-would-like-to-get-gaming-desktop-compute-for-under-650.210559/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hey guys, I've just upgraded my 5 year old pc with almost everything new. I got an Asus Maximus VII Ranger & an i7-4790k cpu & other new stuff except my graphics card & ram, 2 x 8gb Hyper X Fury 1600mhz. What I don't understand is reading the manual about the speed of ram I can install.

4 x DIMM, Max. 32GB, DDR3 3200(O.C.)/3100(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2933(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666(O.C.)/2600(O.C.)/2500(O.C.)/2400(O.C.)/2200(O.C.)/2133(O.C.)/2000(O.C.)/1866(O.C.)/1600/1333 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory *
Dual Channel Memory Architecture
Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
* Hyper DIMM support is subject to the physical characteristics of individual CPUs.

I would like to install higher speed rams like 2400mhz or higher if possible (are there even 3000++ mhz ddr available? Looking at my local shop, 2400mhz ddr3 is the highest) without overclocking but I'm lost at the " (O.C) " bit. Do I need to overclock them to get at that speed or can I just get rams that are made at that speed? Thanks!

A:Need info on RAM to install on new mobo

The OC means you will need to OC your motherboard to use RAM rated at that speed. If you are not planning on OCing, just get the 1600/1333 Mhz modules.

BTW the average person would never notice the differences in RAM speeds. Memory is not the bottleneck in computing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-info-on-ram-to-install-on-new-mobo.210150/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi all Apologies in advance for such a long post I headaches + installation = hardware New Win7 don t know if I just have a corrupt New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches Windows Ultimate installation or what but this all started three weeks ago or so after installing new hardware specifically New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches motherboard Asus A M-A New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches processor AMD A K and RAM Kingston HyperX GB DDR Since I had the extra RAM slot I also put in one of the Aeneon XTune GB DDR I have from before the upgrade The sticker on it says it s but it shows up in BIOS POST as Since then I ve had the following problems Internet Unable to establish any connection at all when using the ethernet cable plugged into my Cisco Linksys EA Router I can connect wirelessly but that connection is lousy and I m not sure why especially since the router is only about feet from the computer To be fair the lousy wireless connection is something I was dealing with since before the hardware upgrade Windows reinstall which is why I finally gave up and bought a ethernet cable the computer used to be in a different room though on the same floor of the house The problem with being unable to get any type of connection when plugged in started after reinstalling Windows and then doing something like updates and then moving the PC to the new spot I made a point of moving the tower myself just so that I could be sure nothing happened to it so I know there was no physical damage done because of dropping or otherwise banging it around at all I ve checked the ethernet cable that runs from the modem to the router as well as the one and neither of them appear to be damaged at all I ve also tried plugging the one into all of the ports on the back of the router in the event that one of them just bit the dust somehow but nothing changed Any thoughts on how I can either get my wired connection working again or what might be making the wireless connection so horrible For clarification on quot horrible quot I m not talking dial-up speeds but some sites either load slowly or not at all sites that load up just fine on every other device in the house - specifically cell phones and iPod an Xbox a Wii and a laptop My connection to Battle net for playing WoW Starcraft II Diablo III is also pretty lag-tastic My NIC is an onboard Realtek GR PCIe Gigabit LAN controller according to the motherboard manual In terms of anything that may be interfering with the wireless signal there s a metal support post and a metal I-beam a few feet from where the router currently sits though it was previously or so feet from both Other than being in close proximity to those the room is wide open I was told that water can interfere with a wireless signal and we do have a lot of ground water under around the house can anyone verify whether ground water can degrade the signal so much over such a relatively small space Hard drive partition issues Until the upgrade when the computer just wouldn t boot presumably because Windows couldn t handle dealing with such big hardware changes all at once I had Windows installed on a partition on a TB Western Digital drive Since I had to reinstall anyway I installed Windows to a partition on a smaller but faster TB Seagate drive Up until this afternoon when I installed Seagate Discwizard one of the partitions on the big drive was inaccessible showing up in disk management and a couple of rd-party hard drive utility partitioning programs as simply quot unallocated space quot Since this afternoon though that partition is now showing up as a completely separate hard drive in disk management AND as quot unallocated space quot on the drive it s actually a part of I m a little leery of just leaving things as they are and using that partition since it s showing up different ways Discwizard only shows that partition as a separate drive there is no quot unallocated space quot showing on the TB drive Is this something I sh... Read more

A:New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches

Update: Wired connection issue is fixed. I have to (sheepishly) admit that I completely forgot to install the router via the CD that came with it. The lousy wireless performance is still a problem, though, as well as the hard drive/partition issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hardware-win7-installation-headaches.206345/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hello hello After having a problem with my cd dvd drive I rebooted my computer and did a clean install of Windows from my Vista So right now I m running Windows Windows not install (Touch/slider) FN - 7 Clean Keys working I have a VAIO - VGN-CS J Windows looks and feels great so far The only problem is my little sliding touch pad at the top doesn t work I don t know if it s FN keys but on top of my keyboard there s a little sliding touch pad for volume along with a fast forward rewind key I used to be able to slide the volume up from there but now it s not working I looked it up and I know this has to do with my clean install of windows I tried installing a bunch of drivers like everyone said online Sony Shared Libraries Vaio Event Notebook Control Device And a bunch of other drivers that people talked about I don t know what s wrong but it s still not working so I did a system restore to before I installed everything so that I can have a clean slate Can someone please help me fix my volume control slider please Thank you so much nbsp

A:Clean install Windows 7 - FN Keys (Touch/slider) not working

Laptops have extras over and above Windows and if you reinstall the OS or upgrade it you lose these. I've been there and done that with the FZ. It was broken when I bought it and the hard drive had been removed. Fixing the computer was very hard, installing Windows 7 was easy. Afterwards, like yourself I found that the function keys didn't work. Trawling forums and looking for drivers then sorting it out took ages and that was the most challenging part of the whole exercise. Everything necessary was on the Sony support sites but these were not user friendly and I needed to use several Sony sites. Needless to say Sony support were clueless. In the end I got everything functioning but if you can manage with things as they are I'd not bother. One tip, although it might not work with your particular Vaio model is that stuff has to be installed in a particular order otherwise some keys don't work.

That'll teach you to mess with Windows when a cd/dvd plays up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/clean-install-windows-7-fn-keys-touch-slider-not-working.207046/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi,

if anyone can help ill be really thankful.
pc 1, 2 runnging win7 ultimate x64

1 adsl modem, 1 tp-link router, 2 computers (pc1, pc2).

ADSL(modem) - LAN1 - PC1 , LAN2 - Tp-link
Tp-link - LAN1 - PC2, WAN - ADSL(modem)

Everything is working, but computers cant see each other in HomeGroup.
Tried various methods but nothing work.

So my question is how to set HomeGroup for those 2 computers. Any suggestions?
Thank you

A:Win7 Homegroup problem

@Moirax . I can't answer your question, but your mention of Homegroup makes me ask what is it for? To avoid hijacking this thread,I'll PM you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win7-homegroup-problem.206524/
Relevancy 17.2%

I decided to upgrade my old hard drive to a new hard drive. When I tried to install Windows Xp on the hard drive it wouldn't let me. I have a Dell Xps 400 bought back in 2006.
The new HD is a WE 1tb. The error codes comes when I try to install windows xp on the hd. It says

I got a blue screen error after clicking enter at the screen where there is no partition found:
Check to be sure you have adequate diskspace. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adaptors.

Check with your hardware vendor for any bios updates. Disable bios memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components. Restart your computer, press f8 to select advanced startup options, and select safe mode.

Technical information:

Stop:0x0000008E (0X0000005, 0XF7419CAD, 0XF6FF17E4, 0X00000000)

Setupdd.sys ? address f7419cad base at F73ED000, datastamp 48025277

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-on-trying-to-install-new-sata-hd.204857/
Relevancy 16.77%

I an trying ti install a video graphics card, when I plug in to my pci ex slot and plug in the leads the screen does not work, but the computer does, now I see that I have a pnp monitor but the card and a vga adapter on it, I have tried everything possible but cant get to work, anyone any ideas?????????

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-install-nvidia-quadro-nvs-259-on-windows-7.204678/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hi friends I just recently upgraded my desktop with a bunch of what I thought was great parts (over $1000.00) to make my editing life more enjoyable, well I'm shocked to find out after testing both the same projects on both my laptop and newly upgraded desktop ,my laptop rendered the project faster than my big desktop, I'm just wondering why. I was expecting my desktop to render the project twice as fast!
Here are the specs on my laptop and desktop computers, can anyone explain to me why my laptop was faster. I used Corel VideoStudio ProX7 on both test.
Thanks

A:Desktop verses laptop

It shouldn't. Maybe there's something wrong with your hard drives. But there's no way the laptop should beat your desktop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-verses-laptop.204561/
Relevancy 18.06%

So heres the story The computer has been working fine for several years Last night I decide to D850MV/D850EMV2 long Three desktop board beeps on Intel plug in my tv to the desktop via dvi It Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2 works fine and I dont have any problems I get home today and try and turn the computer Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2 on and I dont get any video signal to either the tv or the normal monitor Also long beeps accompany start up it sounds as though things boot but I dont get video or sound but it sounds like the hard drives click now and then like normal and the fans all run fine Ive swapped the first ram stick with one other and havent tried the rest yet and I have not changed the video card yet but plan to in the next minutes as of writing this Nothing looks physically damaged and I dont have any extra ram for this computer laying about since its a rambus so all I can do is swap the ram thats in it around and because I cant get video I cant run a test on the ram Suggestions or help would be appreciated Specifically what the long beep codes mean ive Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2 found a couple different versions of the code online and not sure which is correct Also what might have caused the problem plugging the tv in thats the only thing I did different unless someone was messing around with it without my knowledge or could it just be from years of wear or what nbsp

A:Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2

I think three beeps on Intel is a memory issue. At least that what it was when I had a stick of cheap RAM crap out on me.

I'd run Memtest and go from there

RAM can fail from a number of causes. Heat exposure, flaky transistor junctions, who knows. I seriously doubt plugging the TV in had anything to do with it.
You could go into BIOS to ascertain if the RAM voltage is set correctly. Over-volting is a DIMM killer.

You should be able to get documentation for that board directly off Intel's web site. Intel used to give BIOS beep codes ion the board/chipset manuals.

They also have hardware monitor software as a free download. Look up "Intel Desktop Utilities Lite".

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/three-long-beeps-on-intel-desktop-board-d850mv-d850emv2.191367/
Relevancy 27.95%

Ok I m not the best and building computers and am very new at it My fresh build will boot but display absolutely nothing on the it like except everything Fresh display all powers at should build, no on monitor monitor by nothing I mean it won t even go to bios or turn the power light from standby to on This build will boot up all fans will run with no problems including cpu and video card fans and everything will shut Fresh build, everything powers like it should except no display at all on monitor off by holding down the power button properly Also I have not gotten any light or beep codes Here is what I have asus m a motherboard amd fx -core processor black edition asus gtx ti direct cu video card ddr gb Fresh build, everything powers like it should except no display at all on monitor x gb MHz dual corsair vengeance ram watt xion xio power supply sata tb barracuda hard drive dvd cd - writable drive cm storm scout case I have tried trouble shooting programs for the motherboard and video card with no results I have tried resetting the rtc ram I have double checked the power plugs are plugged in properly and making a proper circuit I have taken everything out except the motherboard cpu cpu fan and power supply and still gotten no beeps I have tried changing how the stupid speaker wire connects connecting incorrectly according to the manual and still no freaking beeps I have tried using hdmi and vga cords connected to my tv that supports pc s and a monitor nothing worked cord wise but my old pc worked like a dream when connected to them when talking to tech support for the motherboard they helped me check that it wasn t a grounding issue I have talked to all my pc buddies called tech support and no one can tell me anything i haven t tried or that has worked I have no idea what is wrong I need help I have spent the last two day all day working on this with no clue what is happening nbsp

A:Fresh build, everything powers like it should except no display at all on monitor

do you have the monitor cable plugged into the GPU or MOBO?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fresh-build-everything-powers-like-it-should-except-no-display-at-all-on-monitor.178244/
Relevancy 18.92%

I have tried to fix a mates sony vaio's hdd issue. Re installed windows, and it boots fine from my pc. When I put it back into the laptop it doesn't boot. gives a blue screen with some writing on for a split second, then nothing - black screen....

Any ideas?

A:HDD will read in desktop but not laptop

Are both the same version of Windows? Win/7 & 8 don't like XP or Vista boot environments

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-will-read-in-desktop-but-not-laptop.203466/
Relevancy 22.79%

I finally bit the bullet and upgraded yesterday Before installing the new OS I installed g of ram gb sticks Got thru all the installation BS my goodness Microsoft eats up a from Upgraded XP to Win7 lot to memory with all those updates Any way I was checking out the specs on my systems on the My Computer page and it only shows that I have g of Ram The other problem is I have a gb but it s only showing that I have gb total I know you want my system info so I ll do Upgraded from XP to Win7 the best I can AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor Ghz bit I m going to check out my memory sticks Maybe one of them isn t seated properly I have them side by side as it was shown in my MB book but was wondering if I should skip a slot Also is there something I need to do about my drivers I m really worried about my HD space I know before the guy who built my system had a partition put in That got wiped out when I tried to to a repair on my Windows XP and had to do a clean install When I got the system back up and running it showed all my HD space now I m barely showing a third of the space that should be there I m really at a lost nbsp

A:Upgraded from XP to Win7

Well since no one is answering, I'll get you up to date. I found my lost HD memory and got it all back, so I'm at full capacity there. As for my sticks of RAM, I just don't know. I removed one, but the system wouldn't boot. Then I put the other one in and the system still wouldn't boot. So I put them both back in and the system booted right up. I'm getting the feeling that I bought 2 2gb or ram and ended up with 2 1gb sticks. Also, I thought the system was suppose to recognize when you put new ram in. Mine didn't.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgraded-from-xp-to-win7.203160/
Relevancy 19.35%

Looking to build a new computer with the maximum price of $2,000
I need:

At LEAST 16 GB RAM
At LEAST 500 GB SSD
Run any game smoothly
Windows 8+ compatibility
Intel, NO AMD, WHATSOEVER
nvidia graphics
Thanks for any recommendations.

A:New Gaming Desktop

I made this: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3P7tG

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-gaming-desktop.202647/
Relevancy 19.35%

I need help in assembling a desktop, the specs are core i3, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD. please help me with other components and its exact specs. thanks

A:Assembling a desktop PC

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-post-all-pc-building-queries.119618/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/assembling-a-desktop-pc.202912/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hello all,

I've recently bought a HP Pavilion 15-n252sq laptop, with Free Dos - unfortunately I can't install Windows 7 over it, due to the following error I keep receiveing in the Installation screen:

"Select the driver to be installed" - and regardless of the paths I have and the available folders, I can not seem to proceed wtih the W7 installation.

Please notice that, I've tried to use both a W7 DVD and also a bootable USB drive (and yes, connected in the USB 2.0 port and not USB 3.0 ) - but I always get to the same point where I have to select drivers.

Please also notice that the BIOS doesn't allow me to make any modifications except for some minor ones (like select boot priority, or enable USB 3.0), as the rest of the MAIN features are greyed out .

Can anyone please help me with this issue?

Regards,
Adrian

A:HP Pavilion 15-n252sq - Can not install Windows over Free Dos

You may have to use a program Like KillDisk to reformat the drive. Then try installing your Win 7 DVD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-15-n252sq-can-not-install-windows-over-free-dos.202523/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hello all,

My friend has a Canon 3-in-1 MF 4010 (Printer-scaner and copier) device. He has lost the manual. Now, how can I see whether is it installed on the machine (Windows 7 32-bit) or not? And if it's not installed how to install it?
Thank you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-install-the-canon-mf-40-10-3in1.201448/
Relevancy 18.92%

After dismantling this pc ,
I'm left with the Monitor & decided to see if it would work on my Vista Vaio laptop & it does.
BUT, I don't need the same thing on both screens (laptop too) & I ignorantly ignored the instrctions on how to make it external monitor only. The external monitor is a Compaq Q1859. I will bookmark this thread & will also need to know how to reverse it if need be down the road, thank you.

A:Compaq Desktop monitor on a laptop

After messing with the settings in the Control Panel>Display setting, I gave up & put the monitor back in the closet where it'll sit until someone in here helps or I find out how to do it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-desktop-monitor-on-a-laptop.201233/
Relevancy 39.13%

I bought a Samsung 840 SSD (120GB) for my gigabyte GA-770T-USB3 motherboard. I am unable to install win 7 64bit on it. It is a SATA SSD.

I have tried ACHD mode in the BIOS, I have tried IDE mode. The drive works as I have tested it as an external drive on other computers.

I bought the drive specifically to be used as a primary drive.

My regular hard drives work fine on the motherboard.

A:Unable to install SSD on Win7 x64 system

Well, first of all, your motherboard only supports 3GB/s and the 840 is a 6GB/s drive. Just by that you won't really get your moneys worth. And how so are you unable to install? Also can you please list your system specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-install-ssd-on-win7-x64-system.190141/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi All Right problem As stated above my laptop does not recognize my external The drive spins up inside the enclosure the power led lights up but it does not show I have been a Field Support Engineer Tier III for many years and following that a Technical Analyst all within the IT field and this one on not hdd recognize Win7 does external Compaq6710b has me totally STUMPED Steps followed Checked Win7 on Compaq6710b does not recognize external hdd Compmgmt - gt DrvMgmt drive does not show same as DevMgmt msc - gt Drvmgmt Went into CMD prompt - gt Diskpart - gt list disk only picks up my primary internal I e disk I have moved the hdd from one USB port to another - still no difference I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting it multiple times - no avail Tried rebooting - no avail Tried rebooting both with without the external connected - no change Connected the external to multiple other machines - it picks up on every single one of them Run RSOP machine is on a domain but there are as confirmed by domain admins no restriction policies in place seeing that my other smaller in capacity flash drives all pick up and show Ran a full malware scan - clean with the following in turn not at the same time also not installed simultaneously MBAM MSSE AVAST ESET - All came back clean Ran CCleaner getting desperate now and after all cleaning and clearing etc sorted rebooted machine - still no change Checked if the drive shows in BIOS upon restart - it does Just to slam dunk point above - checked if the drive shows as a possible boot media upon reboot - it does Only thing left to do is to try any Linux Unix based boot GUIs to see if it shows in thee as wel apps in the line of Knoppix to name but one Oh yeah also accessed the Advanced Properties af all the available USB Root Hubs and ensured that the computer is not allowed to turn off these devices in order to save power I have also downloaded EVERY POSSIBLE LATEST DRIVER from HP s site so everything THERE is up to date all drivers and firmwares up to date Flashed the CMOS Updated the BIOS as well If I connect any of my flash drives or any other mobile device tablet phone usb modem with micro sd card installed configured as storage to the laptop they all get recognized and are accessible but NOT my external even though every single other machine I have connected it to picks it up As per all my points above please do not suggest the following A Use of various or random drive checking tools - they won t work as the O S does not recognize the drive B Right click quot My Computer quot anything starting with that will be a waste as I have already gone through all those steps by means of accessing all relevant interfaces via cmd line interface - I cannot see the drive so I can also NOT change it s drive letter just read another post on another forum where the OP requests assistance as he cannot access his drive at all kind of similar to my scenario and the suggestions on there drove me out the walls - people missing obvious things and making suggestions which would be declared useless by using some common sense I am going to try and upload prt shots of both diskpart cmd result and compmgmt msc results okay failure with bmp jpg and png HA loaded successfully Any assistance would be appreciated Oh yeah it is a USB powered quot external hdd not the quot type which requires external power nbsp

A:Win7 on Compaq6710b does not recognize external hdd

Have you tried your Ext Hard drive to be connected to any other PC or Laptop. If the drive is still not recognized consult an expert for this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win7-on-compaq6710b-does-not-recognize-external-hdd.200463/
Relevancy 24.51%

Advise please online store with comfortable (logical works and gives tips) and beautiful (imageable already assembled system unit) assistant (step by step wizzard) on the compilation of components for the PC. Interested logic operation, the system prompts and visualization method. Thanks in advance.

A:Advise please online store with comfortable and beautiful wizzard to assemble components

I don't know of a PC part picker wizard, unless you count Dell/Apple custom builds.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advise-please-online-store-with-comfortable-and-beautiful-wizzard-to-assemble-components.199639/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hey how's it going. Any help would be great.
Had an older system so got a new motherboard and CPU. Installed it all and then no power when I try to switch it on. The orange modem light comes on but nothing else turns on.

New system-
Motherboard- z87-d3hp
CPU- i7-4770
Gpu- GeForce GTX 460
Ram- Kingston DDR 3
Psu- Shaw p4s6 860w.

Thank you

I also tried putting in one ram card at a time. Taking the graphic card out and using on board. Taking the motherboard out of the case to see if it was shorting out.

A:No power after motherboard install

Ratchetz said:

Hey how's it going. Any help would be great.
Had an older system so got a new motherboard and CPU. Installed it all and then no power when I try to switch it on. The orange modem light comes on but nothing else turns on.

New system-
Motherboard- z87-d3hp
CPU- i7-4770
Gpu- GeForce GTX 460
Ram- Kingston DDR 3
Psu- Shaw p4s6 860w.

Thank you

I also tried putting in one ram card at a time. Taking the graphic card out and using on board. Taking the motherboard out of the case to see if it was shorting out.Click to expand...

By any chance could you post a picture of your computer as it is hooked up right now so we can see if your missing anything. Try to check if the 4pin/8pin connector on the motherboard is hooked up and check for tightness of all the Motherboard connectors to start with.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-power-after-motherboard-install.199528/
Relevancy 24.94%

So, Youtube and other sites work, but with certain embedded video players, clicking the fullscreen button does nothing. The video just remains windowed. This has been a problem for awhile now, and I have been unable to find a solution anywhere, as nobody seems to share my issue. I run Firefox, and have an HP Pavilion laptop. I will upload a screenshot of one of the players that does not work.
Also, I tried disabling hardware acceleration and had no luck.

RE
It is not the website lacking the required code for fullscreen, because this happens on any website running one of these players, and they used to work fine for me.

A:Fullscreen button not working with online videos

Other than the video being stretched on my 16:10 display, I had no issues w/ the playback on IE10 & FF26. Have you tried updating Flash plugin, if not the latest, to see if that fixes your problem? Do you have the same problem w/ IE?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fullscreen-button-not-working-with-online-videos.199491/
Relevancy 18.49%

This is For a Parts Buying Desktop Building Gaming my first time to build a computer so I want to know if Buying Parts For Building a Gaming Desktop the parts I m getting are good with each other and could say run battlefield and assassins creed on high or ultra and run a skyrim modded to hell with a good enb Here s the parts I Buying Parts For Building a Gaming Desktop have selected so far Case http www newegg com Product Produc E Monitor http www newegg com Product Produc Buying Parts For Building a Gaming Desktop E DVD Drive http www newegg com Product Produc E Hard Drive http www newegg com Product Produc E Network Adapter http www newegg com Product Produc E Graphics Card http www newegg com Product Produc E Sound Card http www newegg com Product Produc E Power Supply http www newegg com Product Produc E Keyboard http www newegg com Product Produc E Memory http www newegg com Product Produc E Motherboard http www newegg com Product Produc E CPU http www newegg com Product Produc E CPU Cooler http www newegg com Product Produc E Int SSD http www newegg com Product Produc E Thermal Compound http www newegg com Product Produc E Desk Decoration http www newegg com Product Produc SIA Y can t resist the Tali man And also I m a little confused on the SSD and HDD deal I was customizing a pc on maingear to just get some bearings on what I needed and they had a gb SSD as a caching drive and a T HDD as the main drive But I also heard that you want SSD as your main because its faster What is a caching drive and what difference will it make nbsp

A:Buying Parts For Building a Gaming Desktop

Don't get Velociraptor. Get a 1TB WD Black instead.
Caching drive: uses the HDD for files, but stores commonly-accessed stuff on the SSD.
For best performance, get an SSD and use it for OS and core productivity programs. Then store games/media/documents on the HDD.
Don't need additional LAN card.
Why are you buying an additional audio card? It's nice, but your mobo comes with a decent one to begin with.
It's probably cheaper to get TWO dual-channel 2x 8GB RAM kits, instead of the quad-channel one.
Maybe spend a little more on CPU cooler, since you're getting the top GPU too. May I suggest a ~$100 all-in-one water cooling kit.
120GB SSDs are better value these days.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-parts-for-building-a-gaming-desktop.199552/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello I have been experiencing with Video 7870 Win7 in Stuttering 64 an ongoing issue with video stuttering when using vsync and screen tearing when not of course in certain games Here are my specs Desktop PC OS Win -bit Intel Core i Ghz Motherboard ASRock Z Extreme GSkill Ripjaws GB DDR RAM AMD Radeon HD GB driver CCC -display setup monitors Video Stuttering with 7870 in Win7 64 x x Video Stuttering with 7870 in Win7 64 and one TV Video Stuttering with 7870 in Win7 64 at x HD Samsung SSD PRO GB HD OCZ Agility SSD GB HD Seagate HDD TB HD WD HDD GB This issue is present throughout all games and videos to varying degrees It becomes apparent when any smooth movement is supposed to occur such as camera panning or forward movement in fps games for example In certain games it is barely noticeable such as Borderlands however games Trine or Dead Island are virtually unplayable due to the amount of stutter when moving In other games I experience tearing unless forcing vsync with triple buffering with D D overrider I have tried changing the vsync settings in the individual games as well with no change I have tried a number of solutions recommended from various boards such as reinstalling installing older drivers I am using an ATI radeon HD and have downloaded and removed installed just about every driver version I could get my hands on I have also been lucky enough to have access to a great deal of spare parts As such I have swapped the following components with known-good ones with no result - Power supply - CPU - Motherboard - Hard drive SSD - full reformat as well The previous graphics card a also experienced the exact same problems initially I replaced this card in an attempt to solve the stutter issue but it remained exactly the same I have run memtest and had no errors I have run certain problem games off of a different hard drive and on different monitors of my setup and produced the same result Computer has been fully scanned cleaned of malware etc Running Malwarebytes CCleaner and MSE I m at the end of my rope here Not sure what else to do Seems like this is a tricky issue none of the solutions I have found while searching has worked but I m hoping I missed something crucial Any help suggestions would be appreciated If you need any more information please let me know Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Video Stuttering with 7870 in Win7 64

In-game Vsync sucks for many games, the problem being some games tend to be biased towards one company and that causes the other company Graphics card to run poorly in it.

Try downloading Radeon Pro, its a custom tool that helps for games like that on AMD cards that run into issues with Vsync. Once installed, all you do is add the games your having problems with, go to the options surrounding the games sync, and set it to use dynamic Vsync with the refresh rate of your monitor (You can also add your monitors refresh in).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-stuttering-with-7870-in-win7-64.199248/
Relevancy 18.92%

Would it be possible to use a dell poweredge 1850 as a desktop computer?

A:Using Dell Poweredge 1850 as desktop?

Its a computer so yea you can, you can install a normal windows version on it and run it as a basic computer. I had a family member who bought a cheap server from dell and did the exact same thing just because it was cheaper at the moment than the desktop options (It was a pretty low end machine).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-dell-poweredge-1850-as-desktop.198620/
Relevancy 24.94%

I use google drive as my primary online backup, can anyone suggest a second good online backup service which is both
SECURE and FREE?

that way if google loses my data it's still on a second server and my harddrive.
thanks

A:Any recommendations for secure online backup service?

None are secure and free. You can pay, but then your 'security' is still not 100% guarantee'd.

But, be assured, Dropbox/Google/Microsoft aren't going to lose your data ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-recommendations-for-secure-online-backup-service.198239/
Relevancy 22.36%

I reinstalled Windows 7 (64bit) after moving to an SSD. Now, for some mysterious reason, I can no longer read UDF format discs (all Blueray and some DVD's are UDF).

Microsoft's Knowledge Base posts a "hotfix", but it didn't work.

I searched online and lots of people seem to have this same problem, but no one has a fix.

How is it I can WRITE udf discs but not READ them? What a pain.

(Note: I can read the discs in XP and Linux, just not Win7. Copying the discs to the HDD every time I want to read them is not a long-term solution. And I can't copy commercial BD discs anyway.)

A:Can't read UDF format discs (Win7)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321640 is for XP, but does contain some useful information and possible work-rounds. At a guess, I would expect MS to address whatever they have done wrong before too long. In the meantime, an update of the Win7 DVD driver (and/or firmware) for your actual hardware might be available. Try the website of your DVD manufacturer.

At worst, if there is no software solution within a couple of months, you might have to consider replacing the drive, at least you can return a new drive if it fails you too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-read-udf-format-discs-win7.198203/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have a champion ups it has suddenly stopped working. The ups turns on but I am unable to turn on my pc but when I turn the outlet switch off I am able turn on the PC in backup mode. I was able to boot and shut down the PC. The ups works in backup mode but somehow refuses to supply power when in online mode. Please help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ups-works-in-backup-mode-but-not-in-online-mode.197973/
Relevancy 19.35%

I apologize in advance for the annoying noob question.

I just moved into my brother's old house. I have misgivings about the electrical outlets and the wiring in the place. I lost my old AVR during the move. Now I have to buy a new one.

I've got a Corsair AX1200 PSU installed in my aging machine. Will a 1500W AVR suffice? Should I get something bigger?

I don't do any heavy computing at all. All I do is work on MS Word documents, play games and surf the web. I might lay down a few tracks and record a little music sometimes. But that's it.

Thanks.

A:AVR for my desktop PC

1500 w should be more than adequate. While the PSU is rated 1200 w, how much wattage does it actually use normally? Do you plan on plugging other devices to the AVR (monitor, router, etc.)? I don't have an AVR, I do have a UPS w/ AVR. Maybe something to consider if the wiring is iffy.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/avr-for-my-desktop-pc.197201/
Relevancy 25.37%

I recently just put a new gpu and motherboard evereything was working fine but I had a few issues. I took it to the shop and they fixed it. when I tried to run any online games my fps would be horrible but offline it would be fantastic. I am using the same connection/router I used before, before I was having no issues but since I got it back online games are unplayable my gpu is a gtx 780 and my cpu is a i7 2600k.

A:Low FPS in online games but my connection is fine

You may not have the latest LAN drivers for your motherboard. Go to the manufacturer's website and update them, and see if that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/low-fps-in-online-games-but-my-connection-is-fine.196863/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hey Everyone,

I'm not sure whether this is the correct place to post this (I'm new here). Sorry if it's the wrong place!

So my problem is I am running a laptop on windows XP. Every time I start up the computer, it prompts me to install device drivers (HID-compliant devices and stuff). The weird part is, I've already installed those drivers when I first got the computer. I've learned to just press cancel every time those prompts pop up, but I'm wondering if I'm able to stop them from popping up every single time I start the computer. I'm also curious as to why it's doing this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Specs:
Operating System: Windows XP Service Pack 3
Processor: Intel core 2 duo
RAM: 2GB DDR3 RAM
Brand: Lenovo R500
Graphics: Intel R 4 series express chipset family (on-board)

A:Drivers always prompting to re-install (windows XP)

I'm far from an expert, but why not let them install to see if it quits prompting you? If all else fails, you can roll them back. After all, they could be "updated drivers". Just my thoughts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/drivers-always-prompting-to-re-install-windows-xp.196822/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hello!

I want to build a gaming desktop and I also would like some oppinions about what I am looking at the moment. I have an idea, because I made my search and found some cool stuff here, but I want to discuss it with you guys to have some oppinions about what it would be my gaming rid.
I mainly use the computer for gaming: Battlefield 3, League of Legends, Diablo 3, FIFA 13. I also like to watch movies in Full HD (1080p).
I hope you guys can help me, cuz I want to build a PC in 2 weeks.

CPU ______ Intel Core i5-3570 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard ______ ASRock Z77 Extreme6 ATX LGA1155
Memory ______ C48 4GB DDR3 1600MHz (2x)
Storage ______ SanDisk 2,5'' 128GB SATA3 SSD - Hitachi Deskstar 500GB SATA 3,5'' 7200RPM
Video Card ______ Asus GTX660-DC2-2GD5 VGA
Case ______ Antec VSK-3000 EU
Power Supply ______ Antec HCG 620 M-EC

Thankyou very much

A:Gaming Desktop

What is your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-desktop.196531/
Relevancy 18.92%

I have a custom built desktop computer I've had for a few years now. It worked just fine up until a few weeks ago, when I moved. Now it resets itself, once, about 5 seconds into the boot process but stays on after that and I'm not getting any signal to my monitor.

A:Desktop not working after move

Check the cabling is correct and tight - - disconnect and reconnect the monitor cable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-not-working-after-move.196125/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have no idea where to start loking for solutions. NBegining about an hour ago, no key wil work twice in a row. Backspace wil only back up once, delete wil only delelt one character in a row, page-down wil ionly page down one page and not more.
If I go do something else, and come back, the key wil work again. So, by combining delete and backspace and arrow keys and re-positioning the mouse, I can type whatever I want - it is just taking a lot more effort! -Any ideas? I would put a bu nch of excalamation marks, but this is al I have: !

A:No key will work twice in a row Win7 Dell E5430

More info - this is happening in MS Word, Notepad, the IBM SPSS Text Editor, and Google Chrome search blank. So, not just MS Ofice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-key-will-work-twice-in-a-row-win7-dell-e5430.196092/
Relevancy 18.92%

I dont know much about assembling one but im pretty sure that buying parts will save me money. and I only have $800 budget for it. can anyone give me a list? (im making one from scratch)

Thanks. I really appreciate your help.

A:Assembling a gaming desktop pc

For 800 bucks, let me see what I can do:

Im assuming America, and do you need a monitor, keyboard, and mouse.
Also what about OS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/assembling-a-gaming-desktop-pc.196066/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have a decently built gaming tower with a outta windows experience score that plays offline games great but on my online games other offline FPS fps online 60 Games, Low with than SW TOR and GW my FPS s drop to around ten or less here are my specs Component Details Subscore Base score Processor AMD Phenom tm II X T Processor Determined by lowest subscore Memory RAM GB Graphics ATI Radeon HD Series Gaming graphics MB Total available graphics memory Primary hard disk GB Low FPS with online Games, 60 fps offline Free GB Total Windows Home Premium System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd Model GA- FXA-UD Total amount of system memory GB RAM System type -bit operating system Number of processor cores Storage Total size of hard disk s GB Disk partition C GB Free GB Total Disk partition D GB Free GB Total Media drive E CD DVD Graphics Display adapter type ATI Radeon HD Series Total available graphics memory Low FPS with online Games, 60 fps offline MB Dedicated graphics memory MB Dedicated system memory MB Shared system memory MB Display adapter driver version Primary monitor Low FPS with online Games, 60 fps offline resolution x DirectX version DirectX Network Network Adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Network Adapter Realtek RTL n Wireless LAN Mini- PCI NIC Network Adapter Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Any idea on how to improve it nbsp

A:Low FPS with online Games, 60 fps offline

It sounds to me like you've got yourself some good old lag

The way to improve it would be to upgrade your internet connection to a faster plan, and possibly acquire a new modem/router if the one you have is not up to the task.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/low-fps-with-online-games-60-fps-offline.194510/
Relevancy 18.92%

HP Pavillion with Windows Vista
Using a Diamond 300 mbps Wireless Repeater
Netgear Wireless Dualband Router N600 WNDR3400v2

When attempting to open IE, a popup opens that says:
Connect to 10.0.10.254
The server 10.0.10.254 at GoAhead requires a username and password.
Warning: This server is requesting that your username and password be sent in an insecure manner (basic authentication without a secure connection).
User name:
Password:
and OK and Cancel

In device manager, computer doesn't recognize a wireless device.
It displays NVIDIA nForce 10/100 mbps Ethernet but nothing else.

Other devices (laptop,Ipad) can connect to the wireless in the home.
Internet provider says it is not on their end.

Can someone please offer some advice on how to resolve this issue.

Thank you

A:Desktop Wireless network not connecting

Go to Device Manager, find the wireless adaptor. It should have a yellow ! symbol next to it.

Post details here, then you need to install the drivers for it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-wireless-network-not-connecting.195589/
Relevancy 25.8%

I don t see a good spot to put this in the forums so this is where I am starting Issue Brand new Alienware Aurora-R Can t update or run Steam can t connect to play wizard can t connect to login server for DC Universe Online It isn t the firewall Norton My laptop did and still does work properly all around This desktop is connected via ethernet which could have something to do with it since it isn t wireless I am utterly stumped I ran many scans and found no answers Dell support Can't play any online games is via phones only and everyone knows how awesome their english is Ill Can't play any online games use them if I must Here is a dxdiag report ------------------ Can't play any online games System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name DESKTOP-PC Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Alienware System Model Aurora-R BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTX DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS A DE amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Dell U HM Digital Monitor Model DELL U HM Monitor Id DELD Native Mode x p Hz Output Type DVI Driver Name nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B E E- C - CF- C - CC C Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x A DE Revision ID x A Driver Strong Name oem inf NVIDIA SetA Devices NTamd Section ci ven de amp dev amp subsys a de Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C ModeVC C ModeWMV C Deinterlace Caps CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YV x Fr... Read more

A:Can't play any online games

Someone on another site mentioned this:
"
Are either of you using NVidia onboard lan connections?

If so, have you disabled the now infamous checksum offloading?"

No idea how to checkf or this but that might help? I don't know.

One more thing:

It has these alienware programs too which might be doing something:

AlienAutopsy
Alien Command Center
AlienAdrenaline
AlienFusion
AlienFX Controller

Update:

I installed the game Rift and it plays as it should. I don't know why this is different than the previously stated programs, but apparently it is. Those programs still can't connect.

Also, I ran safe mode with networking and they couldn't connect in that either. At least, steam and wizard101 couldn't. DC Universe Online couldn't run withought the graphics card.

Anyone have any idea at all? I'm soooo bummed right now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-play-any-online-games.189671/
Relevancy 21.93%

I m having a terrible time with one win Win7: no or DHCP internet browsing but Can DNS ping bit computer on my home network All other devices about work fine other Win7: Can ping DNS but no DHCP or internet browsing windows pc works fine ADSL router and Cisco switch work fine This one Dell Vostro with a cable into the network worked fine for years Overnight it can t connect to local network with its DHCP settings and if I change to static ip it still can t browse the internet However I can ping external addresses by IP address only If I ping google com eg it cannot find the host What is really confusing is the quot Ping Statistics for quot response contains neither the name or the address but instead random characters ie this changes every time all other devices on the same network resolve IP adresses to their fully qualified domain name I have been through loads of sites and support flushing dns flushing IP restoring the pc to a previous working point changing the network cable and port installing a USB wireless key which works on this pc manually configuring IP addresses reseting the IP and WINSOCKs with Netsh commands I ran anti malware Combofix virus checkers zone alarm all found nothing I booted into a linux instance but still couldn t browse the net I cabled two pcs back to back and could ping each other from each other then restored the cable to the bad Dell I still didn t get a DHCP address but with manual IP gateway and DNS I could ping but not browse I have run out of ideas anyone help Oh it s win professional and there may be a few more things I ve done but forgotten in the post above Obviously changed drivers on NIC and installed drivers for the wireless USB NIC nbsp

A:Win7: Can ping DNS but no DHCP or internet browsing

Booting from a Linux rather than an apparently faulty Windows OS is my favourite way of deciding I have an actual hardware fault.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win7-can-ping-dns-but-no-dhcp-or-internet-browsing.194914/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hello guys what's up?...im looking for some ideas I have an old desktop that work just fine its a hp compaq dc5100 mt and I didnt want to throw it away I was wondering what should I do with it beside running ubuntu or playing old games? I already have a media server at home so yea I need some fresh ideas guys just some project I want to work on..thanks later.

A:Looking for some advice for disposal of desktop

There isn't much you can do with it. I'd say donate it to someone who could really use it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-some-advice-for-disposal-of-desktop.194932/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hi I have an all in one hp touch smart 520 pc and I have had it for about 2 years now and it doesn't do well with games and I was wondering if I can install a new better graphics card? if so can you recommend me one ?

thanks

A:Can I install a new graphics card on an All in one HP Touchsmart 520 PC?

I did some research and I found this
[
Expansion Slots:
1 PCI Express x16 module socket for MXM graphics card
2 PCI Express x1 mini card sockets
and
One PCI Express x16 Module (MXM) socket
MXM version: Type B
Power source = 19V
UMA or MXM Graphic card not exceeding 35W TDP
That is direct from HP. I asked today, because of your answers, HP support and I got the answer, that a Type II video card shut work as a upgrade on the inglewood motherboard. And don't worry. Bestbuy in Canada will upgrade the card in the store. But thank you anyway!

]
[
Yes, the MOTHERBOARD has those slots, no it is not upgradable after purchase, but good luck with that ]

apperantly the hp touchsmart 520 was never meant for gaming of high caliber and it cannot be upgraded :S

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/TouchS...s-card-in-hp-touchsmart-520-1010/td-p/1128935

credits to that site.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-install-a-new-graphics-card-on-an-all-in-one-hp-touchsmart-520-pc.194772/
Relevancy 18.92%

Im thinking about building my own gaming computer. For games like Minecraft, WarZ(Infestation), Arma 2, and other Steam Games. I want to know what would be some good specs for a gaming computer?

A:Good Spec For a Gaming Desktop

What is your budget? Will you need to buy a monitor and peripherals (Mouse/Keyboard/Speakers) or do you have those already? What is your preference for CPU (Intel or AMD)?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-spec-for-a-gaming-desktop.194643/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hey folks

where can I install a sd card reader on this unit there was a build in on the tower but I dont know where to plug it in the?

I have it pluged into 1 of the usb 2.0 ports on the bottom right now and the usb on the unit works but nothing when it comes to reading cards.

A:F2a85xm-d3h install of peripherals problem

What is the model of SD card reader?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/f2a85xm-d3h-install-of-peripherals-problem.194545/
Relevancy 18.92%

This is a gaming desktop that I want to buy and build, but I don't know if it is even any good. I want to be able to play at least PlanetSide 2 on medium graphic settings (or higher), but I also don't have a very large budget. I want to keep it at or below $500. Any advice?

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=28017067

A:First Gaming Desktop Idea

Edit:

The link above is wrong. Here are the links to the parts:

Case - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811156261
Power - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817153023
HD - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822236339
MB - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813138345
RAM - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231474
CPU - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819113286
GPU - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127726

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-gaming-desktop-idea.194371/
Relevancy 16.34%

I got this laptop in for repairs recently and it has been a very tricky one I already told the client that I don t think it can be fixed but my curiosity has driven me to keep working on it This system came in unable to startup freezes during startup or said no boot device present I pulled the HDD out and scanned it from another computer Sure enough every error check would freeze around Note that I said freeze not display an error I would have to end task to close the windows drive check Chkdsk r from command prompt resulted in the same freezing partway through Disk copy and clone software would also freeze partway So during failure - drive after Toshiba Shuts OS install A305-S6898 off Satellite I copied the users files off manually and went to load a new Toshiba Satellite A305-S6898 - Shuts off during OS install after drive failure HDD in the laptop Every Toshiba Satellite A305-S6898 - Shuts off during OS install after drive failure time the OS install disk would load there would be Toshiba Satellite A305-S6898 - Shuts off during OS install after drive failure problems Sometimes it would freeze during the quot loading windows quot screen of the windows install Sometimes it would get to the install process and freeze right after selecting the disk to use Lately the most common problem is at variable points in the initial install loading process the system will just power cycle and restart At this point I ran memtest and found no errors Just the same I switched out the RAM and still it had problems I tried multiple different OS install disks and set bios back to defaults The problem persisted never being able to install a new OS I tried different hard drives external dvd drive and installing from a USB stick Oddly enough half of my repair utilities simply won t load things like seagate disk utilities paragon and acronis disk directors either freezing or giving weird errors like quot cd drive not present quot or quot memory not found quot The only thing that will run without freezing or restarting seems to be memtest which makes me think it s not an overheating issue since this can run for hours Frankly I m stumped It seems odd that the hard drive failed at the same time as whatever component is causing this problem so I assume either coincidence or some sort of drive controller failure that caused damage to the drive as well as making the system freeze while loading most any volume Any thoughts nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite A305-S6898 - Shuts off during OS install after drive failure

Yeah, it may be a motherboard issue... Have you tried removing or resetting the CMOS battery?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-a305-s6898-shuts-off-during-os-install-after-drive-failure.193323/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi im pretty good with problems but this one is doing my head in now the problem is im not sure what the actual problem is the symptoms include corrupted desktop display game crashing corrupted firefox display these symptoms are not continual and dont Corrupted game crashing desktop display, appear after boot up ati smartgart reports agp is off adjusting it makes no difference the system is old but has been very reliable mobo is asrock i gv with onboard vga cpu dual core intel mem gb o s xp pro sp graphics card ati radeon mb agp directx all drivers are current including chipset drivers things ive done reinstalled graphics card and drivers and onboard vga drivers ive tried using the onboard Corrupted desktop display, game crashing vga without the radeon installed but have same problem have disconnected all usb devices but no change have tried other hdds with xp pro o s and still have the problem this makes me think its a hardware problem mobo perhaps have checked forums but no help anyone have any idea any help would be appreciated its got me baffled the worst symptoms are when trying to start games and these games are old and according to their requirements this system is well above the recommended they recommend pentium or above thats how old they are lol oh and I have a superfast modern pc but this one was the first I built so it has sentimental value hence not keen on scrapping nbsp

A:Corrupted desktop display, game crashing

1st 3 lines lead me to believe currupt grapics card might be wrong but desc top games etc all use graphics..
I do think its got something to do with graphics I could be totally wrong but seams very strange how mainly problem is when starting games. or maybe psu could be faulty and now supllying enough power lets see what the real tech guys say

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corrupted-desktop-display-game-crashing.193672/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a really strange situation today that started after I had to reboot our UTM device and then switch We have a wired network although our modem router is also wireless if needed We don t use the wireless normally After rebooting the UTM and Switch all computers were turned back on again one by one of the were up and running and on the network and internet straight away One PC connected to the LAN but cannot get internet access Our DHCP server is on the UTM Internet (Win7) Network Wired Computer no has on One device and each computer has it s IP address reserved This computer had reserved and it still has that IP address when I do ipconfig It can access all the files on our NAS and all the printers on the network I ran all the ipconfig commands to One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7) release renew One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7) flushdns I reset winsock and rebooted Still no internet I did a print screen off one of the PCs that is working properly and compared it Apart from the MAC address and other PC specific items I could see no difference So I put a wireless dongle on it to see if it would connect the the internet on wireless It worked I had internet but no LAN other than to the wireless router So I thought there must be a problem with the NIC I went to the local PC store and bought a new NIC card and installed it I disabled the old one and connected the network cable to the new one No difference If I enable the NIC card I have LAN but no internet if I enable the wireless dongle I have internet but no LAN I need both I cannot figure out what has changed on this ONE PC that was working fine until today Oh one other thing I tried that didn t work I connected a brand new Ethernet cable directly from the modem router to the PC So this bypassed the UTM device and Switch Still no wired internet nbsp

A:One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7)

Try these

ping 8.8.8.8
nslookup google.com
ping techspot.com
(1) shows packets going to google's dns
(2) shows you can convert name to ip address
(3) shows access to our site

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-computer-on-wired-network-has-no-internet-win7.193364/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I couldn't find another place to right about my issue, I have the same laptop, and I have the weirdest problem!

My screen turns on but I can't install any OS, I have tried Ubuntu, windows 8, windows xp.... for example for windows 8 it shows a logo and then a blank screen, for Ubuntu I can't even boot from CD!

I have tried CD, usb drive
I have ran PC-CHECK, and it says no problem!
I have taken out the hd, and dvd drive to just boot from CD, and still nothing!

I have also updated the bios to the latest version from acer's website, this is so frustrating please help me
your help is appreciated in advance

A:Can't install any operating system

What is the make and model of your laptop? Have you changed anything in your Bios other then updating to the latest version? Did you update to the latest version of the bios before or after you started having problems?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-install-any-operating-system.193122/
Relevancy 18.92%

As the title says I need help creating a gaming PC I am new to the world of creating gaming computers so I don t know to much on the subject I have looked at a few articles here and there about it and was planning on just making it myself but I decided it would be better to have suggestions and help from others If anyone could give me any tips on what I am truly looking for Desktop a Need help creating Gaming in a gaming desktop or if anyone could suggest or create one I would be grateful My price range is to I am leaning towards the - range but past that is doable If there is anything else you guys need to know Need help creating a Gaming Desktop just reply Once again any help or tips would be greatly appreciated Thank you Things I would like my desktop to be able to do have - Play Need help creating a Gaming Desktop most newer games on Medium to High settings Need help creating a Gaming Desktop - Around a Terabyte of memory - - Gigs of Ram nbsp

A:Need help creating a Gaming Desktop

CPU: AMD FX 6350 ($130)
Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 R2.0 ($100)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4x2GB ($70)
GPU: EVGA GTX 650Ti Boost ($170)
Power Supply: Corsair TX 650 ($90)
HDD: WD Caviar Black ($95)
Case: Corsair 200R ($50)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-creating-a-gaming-desktop.192954/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hi guys I m a bit desperate right now Here s the thing I have an acer g English bought in the Netherlands out of warranty original HD GB western digital included with windows home premium The hard disk is dying Everytime I restart windows demands a launch repair that takes HOURS otherwise it won t boot and will restart I bought a brand new Momentus XT GB It was fairly simple to remove the original disk and replace it physically Problems start with trying to install an OS on the acer -First off I went to the bios and set it to boot up first with the optical drive so I can use the recovery DVDs that I created on day one when I purchased the laptop It just doesn t doesn t do anything when I put the first one and restart Only the prompt blinking and the disk even stops spinning -I made New hard on drive 7 5740 can't windows acer aspire install sure the DVD drive reads discs I put back my old hdd waited till I can use windows again hours after launch repair and tried to read many DVDs and they all seem fine -Back to New hard drive on acer aspire 5740 can't install windows 7 the new drive installed No recovery I researched a bit and found out that erecovery only works New hard drive on acer aspire 5740 can't install windows 7 on acers with the quot hidden partition quot on the disk that came from factory Gotta find New hard drive on acer aspire 5740 can't install windows 7 another plan -I downloaded a copy of windows GB and burned the iso file on a blank DVD with hopes of installing it and then activating it with my key - Inserted Windows DVD created with the microsoft tool Same problem no reading I check again if my optical drive can read at all checked it reads DVDs - At this point I m not sure what else to do What I want All important files I had in my old hard disk are backed up somewhere else I just need to get rid of the dying disk and replace it with my brand new hd and install windows on it and then activating it I just can t seem to do this any thoughts would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:New hard drive on acer aspire 5740 can't install windows 7

Try formatting the new drive using something like this:
http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html
then try and install Windows 7

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hard-drive-on-acer-aspire-5740-cant-install-windows-7.192341/
Relevancy 18.92%

Not sure if this is the right forum thread to post this. I'm replacing an Hp Pavillion P6597C and don't know what to purchase or where to purchase it from. I loved my Pavillion but it's crashed on me three times it's first year and again a few weeks ago under the extended warranty.

I'm not a gamer, but do work from home on my computer daily. All my printers are Hp as well as my laptop. I've contacted Tiger Direct and they've recommended an Hp Compaq Elite 8300 (item H24-2406), plus they had a Gateway that was comparable, but I've heard pros and cons about Gateway. A former boss of mine recommended I contact Newegg and PC Mall for pricing too.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. I'm told I should stick with at least 6GB and either an i5 (or i7) processor.

Thanks!

A:Recommendations on where to purchase a new desktop?

This forum is all about how to get the most out of your computing experience and we're always happy to help anyone to accomplish this, whatever their budget or intended use. We usually recommend building your own, because for the same money you'll have a better PC, with more reliable parts and a clear upgrade path. But not everyone has the time or confidence to pull it off, so for them a pre-built OEM system is the only viable option. If this describes your situation, then by all means you should go that route. But first, you should know this; the Elite 8300 and most other systems like it are built with proprietary power supplies and motherboards, so you're stuck with the cheap 320 watt power supply (but not cheap if you have to buy one from HP), and the motherboard doesn't even seem to have a standard 24 pin connector. If you click this link you'll see what I mean - http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c03612799/c03612799.pdf
There are OEMs that build with standard ATX parts, such as these - http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2023376&Sku=SYX-1112 RF
http://www.ibuypower.com/lobby.aspx
I ran the ibuypower system configurator for a system geared towards your needs, and this is a screenshot of the result -

A little more than $600, but much better all around. Go to ibuypower.com and try the configurator yourself, the options are extensive, and you can easily configure a system for $600 if that's you budget cap. I started by clicking on the "Intel Z77 i5/i7 $959" button, but you could also click on "Intel Z77 i5 $719".
EDIT - I didn't include an operating system, so if you need one, be sure to select it in the configurator.
If you do decide to build your own, let me know and I'll help you choose components. Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommendations-on-where-to-purchase-a-new-desktop.191543/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hello everyone I m a casual gamer and I have finished building my dream rig sans discrete video card materials used coolermaster haf advanced case bought Desktop advice graphics PC in u s coolermaster hyper evo cpu cooler bought in u s arctic silver thermal paste bought in u s intel i - k processor bought locally asrock z extreme bought in u s x gb ddr - mhz gskill bought in u s tb sata hitachi bought locally lite on dvd-rw x bought locally seasonic M II w psu bought in u s looking for an ideal budget discrete gpu operating system installed windows pro x games I like starcraft broodwar starcraft wol and hots diablo lod diablo metro current monitors available x lcd LG or x led Acer single monitor gaming only single monitor upgrade plan up to quot x only but NOT at this time what video card can you suggest for my simple needs I am currently looking at an asus gtx gb gddr selling at about u s equivalent asus gtx dcII is being sold at a much higher price asus gtx ti gb gddr and powercolor gb gddr for about u s equivalent thanks for any suggestion I am not from the u s so I have to accept high retail price Desktop PC graphics advice and few items available at nearest retail store a sibling working in the u s will come home probably in or early but I can t wait that long my other desktop computers intel dh tc with intel core i - stock speed stock hsf palit NVidia gt gb ddr x gb ddr - windows home premium x dual boot with windows pro x years ecs g t-m with intel Pentium dual core e stock speed stock hsf evga g mb ddr x gb ddr windows home premium x years ecs h h -m with intel g stock speed stock hsf x gb ddr - no discrete graphics unit windows pro x year nbsp

A:Desktop PC graphics advice

I think that the 7850 would be the best option out of the cards suggested, so I'd go with that one. If you can save your pennies, I'd get a 7870, as it will give you way better performance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-pc-graphics-advice.191176/
Relevancy 18.92%

I have an Hp Pavilion G7 and it is remotely connected to my wife's HP desktop. I have windows 7 and she has xp pro. whenever I am at home I connect to her computer and view my home surveillance cameras but when I go to a different location it will not allow me to connect. also I can connect to my work remote computer at any location.

A:Remote desktop connection problem

Sounds like a concept issue.

Remote Desktop needs the firewall to enable inbound port 3389 as a default. That will allow ANY pc connected to your router to use RD.

However, for some system outside your LAN (eg your work environment accessing one of the home PCs), the router must forward port 3389 explicitly to the LAN address of the target machine.

I am sure you did this long ago and just forgot about it, so log into your router and verify there is a port forward listed there.

Now the bad news is you can only PF to one machine and to see another, the router config needs to be changed.

It might be possible to enable UPnP in the router to enable an auto-config, but that would take some "inside knowledge" of how the lan was configured.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/remote-desktop-connection-problem.191088/
Relevancy 22.36%

Guys,I m thinking about to buy a SSD.Can u tell me how much space needed for WIN 7 64bit.pls include ur space advice that it will also have latest update of win+20% space free(which I found various forum that it is needed for run win smoothly).How about 32GB SSD??????
Thankssssssssssss.

A:How much space needed on SSD for Win7 64-bit

Personally, I wouldn't use anything smaller then a 64GB SSD. A 32GB SSD will be good for a cache drive but not a boot drive. I think the 128GB & 256GB drives work best. They give you a lot of room for OS + Core Programs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-much-space-needed-on-ssd-for-win7-64-bit.190326/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello I have a three games a are all All of sudden lagging online year old ASUS gaming laptop with Windows GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX M video card I noticed a problem when I could no longer All online games are lagging all of a sudden play Mass Effect multiplayer online without considerable lag The last time this happened I was having CPU spikes but that was fixed This time none of that is happening when All online games are lagging all of a sudden I am having lag I tried lowering the graphics settings and updating my graphics card and doing windows updates with only very minor improvement When I have tried playing games such as Left for Dead Orcs Must Die and Diablo online through Steam and Origin I keep losing connection and getting booted out of games It happened last night and I couldn t make it through a game without getting kicked off My internet connection itself is fine and I haven t experienced any lag when just surfing the web I haven t tried youtube yet though I don t understand why it s doing this all of a sudden The only thing that I have downloaded in the past couple of weeks was Quicktime and Java because I am in grad school and one of my professors keeps posting lectures via Quicktime I really would like to be able to fix this with your help and not have to take it in if possible I m a poor college student and I just want to play Mass Effect with my boyfriend nbsp

A:All online games are lagging all of a sudden

Hi there RayRay,

It might help to download the latest wireless drivers for your laptop. I'm sure if you go to the ASUS website for your specific laptop, there will be a download section where you can download drivers. Look if you can find one for your Ethernet (LAN) port if you are connecting via cable to the internet, or one for your wireless one. Let me know if this is any help.

From a fellow poor university student

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/all-online-games-are-lagging-all-of-a-sudden.190165/
Relevancy 18.92%

So I bought a Xeon CPU Intel Xeon E - V to put on a Asrock Mobo ASRock Z Pro The CPU desktop a mobo on Xeon idea was the Xeon CPU is less expensive and doesn t have the built in graphics that the i s do Since I had planned to use a discreet graphics card I figured this was Xeon CPU on a desktop mobo a good plan So I looked up the Mobo on Asrock s site and it said the Xeon CPU is compatible So I ordered it Got in the other day and I could not get it to boot with the Xeon CPU Computer would beep times very quickly Looked up the beep code - says quot Processor Error quot After spending about a day screwing with it calling custom PC shops around town and looking online I didn t have an answer Other people seem to have done this succesfully but not me I guess I finally said screw it and picked up an i locally I had to get this computer running to get work done Computer runs fine with the i CPU So now I have this Xeon CPU sitting in its little box and I would like to find a desktop Mobo to put it on and use it to replace one of the other old computers we have around here Does anyone know of a board that is confirmed to work with a Intel Xeon E - V Or am I just completely off my rocker Thanks nbsp

A:Xeon CPU on a desktop mobo

Your MOBO may have just needed a BIOS update.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xeon-cpu-on-a-desktop-mobo.190115/
Relevancy 18.49%

Okay I've been posting alot of treads about my 2.93ghz stock dell I want to get atleast 3.4ghz it has tons of fans in it it runs at 20C anyone know some programs to oc it? its a Optiplex 210L

A:Overclock Intel Celeron D in Dell desktop

Since you say your PC is a Dell, I don't think you will have any options to over-clock.

Celeron's are locked processors, so you don't have the option to increase the multiplier.
Dell as well as other manufacturers usually lock the BIOS, so you wouldn't be able to increase the base frequency either.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclock-intel-celeron-d-in-dell-desktop.189602/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hi
I have a desk top pc, which loads up and then I cant get onto the internet. We know we have internet as we run a laptop. I have tried a system restore, this has not made any difference. I have cleaded temporary internet files and run free avg 2013 to see if I have any viruses.
One day we can get on and the next we cant, any ideas? The computer also appears to be a little sluggish (only 2 years old).

Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks,

A:Desktop PC works intermittently

What operating system do you have?
have you tried re-installing the LAN driver?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-pc-works-intermittently.188421/
Relevancy 25.37%

I am trying to play Rise of Nations online. I can play a solo game without a problem, but am unable to connect to online games. I think the problem may be that my external IP address can't be pinged (externally). I have a Linksys WRT160 router, Comcast is my internet provider, and I have set up Port Range Forwarding on the Gaming tab of the router, but so far, that hasn't worked. Any ideas?

A:Can't connect online Rise of Nations

What about your firewall you use on your PC? Have you open the ports for what you need to use?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-online-rise-of-nations.189132/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi, I wonder how much physical damage a gaming desktop can withstand, like loosing it in the ground, just move it around for a good distance etc.? And how long is the average lifetime for a gaming desktop?
Thanks for reading!

A:How much physical damage can a gaming desktop withstand?

Hi, I wonder how much physical damage a gaming desktop can withstand, like loosing it in the ground, just move it around for a good distance etc.? And how long is the average lifetime for a gaming desktop?Click to expand...

You will receive more replies if your question is clear. Right now, I can't say I understand what you're asking. But, I will try and see if I can answer your question.

The amount of damage a desktop can go through all depends on material the case is made out of. What 'damage' it is actually going through and the frequency it incurs the damages. If you're talking about moving a desktop from one place to another. For instance, you're going to a LAN party and you're moving it from house to house. You do put your machine at risk, but it all depends on how you handle it. I am pretty sure if you are careful the desktop wont go through any damage.

However, if you're talking about intentionally dropping a PC or dragging it around (why in the world you be?). Then, again, it all depends on the material the case is made out of. As well as how well put together the build is in general. I am sure most people will not want to think about what may happen to their machines if they dropped it on the floor. The damage could result in parts breaking or coming a loose. Problems that I believe you will want to avoid.

When it comes to a Gaming PC's lifetime. It all depends on the parts that are used. For example, I could build a PC today with all the latest parts and it will probably last me a good 5-8 years. However, I can't say you will be able to call it a "gaming" PC 8 years from now. At the rate technology advances the machine would probably only retain it's "gaming" title for another 2 or 3 years.

Hopefully that clears up something for you. And, maybe someone with more knowledge on the matter will chime in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-much-physical-damage-can-a-gaming-desktop-withstand.188967/
Relevancy 24.94%

My computer wiz of a brother moved across country! Im not a computer wiz but can follow instructions well! IF anyone would like to guide me in the right direction I would appreciate it! thank you!

He can get wireless signal, and at times access the internet for a few minutes, then he is booted again! My brother suggested we install Chrome for him, did so last night! Now I receive messages server cant be found, bc the DNS lookup failed!

A:Trouble getting father's computer online wirelessly! DNS look up failed!

It's not a browser issue - - it's the TCP settings

get a command prompt (btw which version of windows?)

enter IPCONFIG /ALL >myTCP.txt

on your follow-up, attach the file myTCP.txt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-getting-fathers-computer-online-wirelessly-dns-look-up-failed.189000/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi, I just got rid of Win7 32 bit and installed 64 bit, but I screwed up the partition when I was doing the clean install. Right now I have:
Disk 0 74.5GB Online
System Reserved is at 100MB
(C 14.9 GB
Unallocated 59.5 GB

Is there a way that I can remove the partitions all together? I am in the Disk Management in Admin Tools, but unsure of what to do at this point. Any help is greatly appreciated......

A:Just installed Win7 64-bit and screwed up the partitions...

Nevermind..... Figured it out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-installed-win7-64-bit-and-screwed-up-the-partitions.188931/
Relevancy 28.81%

I just received two new TB hdds from newegg and would like advice on the best process to go with Here s what I want to accomplish Put a fresh install of the current OS Windows Pro OEM software onto one of the new drives I ve read OEM software is not fully install-able 7 to rig, Adding Win fresh on put x64 to it want HDD on a blank hdd in some cases but maybe that referred to OEM win Home Edition which comes from a store like a Dell I bought this OEM Pro from Newegg Adding HDD to rig, want to put fresh Win 7 x64 on it when I built the machine Need to eventually move a bunch of my files off the old hdd The old hdd is a WD TB only sata and rpm I also need a Adding HDD to rig, want to put fresh Win 7 x64 on it solid backup process Adding HDD to rig, want to put fresh Win 7 x64 on it put in place so was considering RAID setup using both the new drives Does that require any special hardware or cabling or is it all done behind the scenes with normally installed sata drives I won t hit near TB for a long time so maybe I just go with one new drive internal for everything and use the old drive as an external use for back up and save the additional new drive for who knows what Couldn t help it they were dollars I have no enclosure at the moment so is it possible to leave the old drive in the rig and somehow make it not bootable Can I simply not point the BIOS to it and problem solved I built this rig so know my way around the system pretty well However I ve never done this kind of upgrade before Thanks for any input you folks can give nbsp

A:Adding HDD to rig, want to put fresh Win 7 x64 on it

Backup: if your MOBO supports RAID, you can configure the 2TB drives in a RAID 1 array. Basically, anything written to the 2TB drive will get copied to the other too - you have a mirror image. Personally, I'd use the drives in a normal way, and just use the 2nd drive to backup essential data on a regular basis using a tool such as Windows Backup (built in to Win7).

Installing fresh OS: Install one of your 2TB drives into PC. Use Disk Manager to rename your current HDD to X:, or something. Not C: or whatever you have it currently set to. Format the 2TB drive, set it to C:.

Yank the original HDD cables from the PC, and install Win7 normally on the 2TB drive. I like to do this to reduce the options, sometimes install screws up.. After you are done, install the 2nd 2TB drive, and reconnect the original HDD. Before booting, check BIOS to make sure that the HDD order is set to the 2TB drive you freshly installed Windows on (having only this drive in the PC, means you can check BIOS for the identifiable tag to not mix them up).

Moving files: The old HDD should now be accessible, as a second drive. Format the 2nd 2Tb drive at this time too. In terms of drive lettering: I have C: as my boot, E: as my data, and X: as my 'backup' drive. I shove things like my Docs, Music, Pics, Steam games, Downloads on the backup drive. I don't feel the need to have it mirrored.

Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-hdd-to-rig-want-to-put-fresh-win-7-x64-on-it.188771/
Relevancy 18.92%

Dear friends,
I was wanting to open up my desktop CPU, with the case. I wud be disconnecting all the input wires to avoid any kind of shocks. But, I thought, if I wud be removing all its parts I.e. HDD RAMdisk, motherboard... , and if I join them back to its earlier locations (just to get an insight of my CPU in detail), wud it affect my earlier work done on my Desktop? Wud I have to re- install the OS? Will it change any of my earlier used settings in the Desktop?
Please advice...

A:Will it affect my earlier desktop settings?

Doing this could cause the computer not to "see" the hard drive any longer, thus not being able to boot up properly. Is it really worth doing this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-it-affect-my-earlier-desktop-settings.188429/
Relevancy 22.36%

I just bought the subject laptop, and have no interest in Win8. This laptop will eventually backup an HP2000-100 that the MB no longer recognizes the battery(?another story). The plan is to install the HD from the -100 into 2B00, so far so good. I've been able to boot Win7. On the first boot try I got a message that HD didn't exist, a message to run diagnostics. Ran diagnostics everything passed, except the battery check(? another story). Had to go into the BIOS and enable the Legacy mode. Success Win7 booted with expected anomalies, video, sound, etc., etc.. I just finished downloading from HP the drivers for an HP2000z-300, 160mb. The -300 is the last laptop in the HP2000 series to come with Win7. I'll let you know the results in the morn.

Larry

A:New HP2000z-2B00 downgrade to Win7

The graphics driver has installed and appears to be working. The WiFi, and audio did not install, but the old drivers seem to be working. I'll pursue those further if I have problems.

Larry

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hp2000z-2b00-downgrade-to-win7.188488/
Relevancy 18.49%

Heres my problem I have shared my wireless connection on the laptop, hooked up an ethernet cable from desktop to laptop but its saying unplugged on desktop there is no light by the ethernet port on desktop, both computers running windows 7
now I have tried 4 different cables that I know work, both the ethernet ports on the laptop and desktop work have tried them both and they connect almost instantly, is there a setting somewhere I am missing, please help because I really dont want to go buy a 50 footer and run to connect my desktop to internet.
Thank you in advance.

lostinMYworld

A:Sharing laptop wireless connection with desktop

Have you right clicked on "share this network connection" on the adapter in the connection manager:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sharing-laptop-wireless-connection-with-desktop.188044/
Relevancy 18.49%

I will post a link to a computer that was purchased for me I have been out of computer gaming for awhile and have recently started playing a game called Dayz It is gaming Upgrading desktop retail for Acer my a modifcation for a game called Arma The computer runs most things that I have played fairly well However Arma is a high demand game which typically gets me under FPS I was thinking of getting rid of the computer and buying a new one or upgrading some parts inside From what I have been reading processor video card ram and power supply would be good places to start I haven t taken the computer apart yet to look inside and see what I can add to the current motherboard Budget is a concern and I don t want to go crazy I don t need to play on ultra settings Upgrading my Acer retail desktop for gaming but normal or high would be nice Any suggestions would be great Here is the PC http www walmart com ip Acer-AM Windows- -Home-Premium-Monitor-Not-I Thanks nbsp

A:Upgrading my Acer retail desktop for gaming

Without knowing your full system specs I would say, you could probably get by with a GPU and power supply upgrade. Do you know what size power supply you have in the machine? I'm also assuming you don't have a dedicated graphics solution, since you have an AMD-A6 CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-acer-retail-desktop-for-gaming.188098/
Relevancy 16.34%

I recently purchased a GTX and after installing it and rebooting my computer once windows fired up I noticed my speakers were making a high pitched noise along with fluctuating static Upon further investigation I realized my audio was also not working Here are some things I have tried to remedy the situation - Checked the speakers They work perfectly on another computer likewise I still get install new audio buzzing, no video after card Speakers the noise when I tried a different set of speakers and a set of earbuds in the problem computer - Tried changing the video card out with the old GTX didn t work - I have tried uninstalling reinstalling both audio and video drivers using these instructions http www Speakers buzzing, no audio after new video card install evga com forums tm aspx m amp mpage with drive sweeper again to no success - Speakers buzzing, no audio after new video card install I have swapped out PSU s and still get the problem - I have tried doing a fresh windows install with a spare HDD and I still get the noise as soon as windows boots I have figured out that if I go in to Device Manager under System Devices and disable one of Speakers buzzing, no audio after new video card install the High Definition Audio Controller there are two but the other is associated with my video card then the noise will stop At this point I am pretty perplexed as to what is causing this Could something on my board have been zapped I m out of ideas for a fix any help ideas would be greatly appreciated ASUS x Sabertooth mobo Intel i - Bloomfield GHz Quad Core EVGA GTX GB Corsair Vengeance DDR RAM Kingston SV GB SSD WD Black TB RPM HDD Corsair HX Watt PSU nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speakers-buzzing-no-audio-after-new-video-card-install.187870/
Relevancy 18.92%

I already have a graphics card and power supply. My budget would be about $1000 and would like to buy the parts at best buy.

A:Wanting to build a gaming desktop

Which GPU and PSU do you already have?
Do you require peripherals (Monitor, keyboard, mouse)?
Do you already have a copy of Windows or will you need to buy it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wanting-to-build-a-gaming-desktop.187712/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hiya all Recently I noticed my FPS in online gaming dropped to FPS I had to close game in online 4 FPS the game client and re-open it again for it to go away After that I 4 FPS in online game had only FPS My laptop is getting very slow and sometimes the system hangs too most often when I use multiple programs The hardware is not damaged I know this for a fact because it never fell nor bumped I remember when I first bought this laptop year ago I had no speed problems and the MMORPG I mentioned above also ran smoothly with maximal graphic settings Now I get around - FPS with lowest graphic settings Things I already did Full CHKDSK Defragmentation Full on-boot virus scan with Avast Full clean with CCleaner temp files and registery Removed all unnecessary rarely used programs I have a dxdiag results report ready in case you guys need it General system specs Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - System Manufacturer TOSHIBA System Model SATELLITE C D- G BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor AMD E- APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics CPUs GHz Memory MB RAMClick to expand Thanks in advance nbsp

A:4 FPS in online game

You could be running out of memory, depending on what you have going on.

What resolution are you playing at on this laptop? Also how high are your graphical settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4-fps-in-online-game.187700/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hi all As the title suggests I m having a little trouble getting remote desktop connection working on our windows PCs connected to our work server running Windows Server Standard R We have a few members of staff opting to work from home during the Need connection remote desktop help with Olympics we re based in London and we have enabled VPN connection so everyone can access files but I was also hoping to take advantage of remote desktop so that they can still use the Workstations Need help with remote desktop connection in the office should they need to we re a design agency so do a lot of D visualisation and the PCs in the office are quite a bit more powerful than our personal machines I have followed Need help with remote desktop connection all of the steps specified in the various tutorials I have found via google namely activating remote access in windows but no matter what we do we simply cannot get remote desktop to connect Can anybody offer any advice as to where we might be going wrong Does remote desktop only work when accessing individual machines rather than those connected to a server Need help with remote desktop connection Would we be better trying rd party RDC software assuming there are other free options out there Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Need help with remote desktop connection

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/101318-teamviewer.html

As an alternative, Cant think of anythinge else realy. Ports maybe?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-remote-desktop-connection.183485/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello Everyone,
Okay I'm on Facebook and well I like to play Farmville,CityVille however when I play these games it sticks and lags when I move around...I know it's not my Broadband as I'm getting 7.5mb
What factors would it come down to?
My CPU is stuck at 100% when I play these online games?
Any ideas please. Thank you!

MY COMPUTER SPECS:

ME PLAYING FARMVILLE AND MY CPU IS AT 100%!

A:Poor performance in online games

Upgrade ur processor dude go for the higher version of the processor the amd semptron is for normal browsing the browser needs good processor to run

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/poor-performance-in-online-games.186152/
Relevancy 19.35%

I Win7(64) no "color scan" with Omnipage17 option see Mailpup or moved me to hardware I doubt this is a hardware issue As indicated below all worked properly under XPSP It is only under Win that this issue has cropped up So I am not sure if this is the best place In short Omnipage is not communicating properly with my Win7(64) no "color scan" option with Omnipage17 Mustek A scanner on a Win system There were no issues with this software and scanner running on xpsp Not sure what I could be missing Any help appreciated Thanks Longer Description Wondering how to get color capability with OP on my Win system Currently all I can get are B amp W and Grayscale for my scan options All scanner quot sizes quot B -A letter and legal are available in the Tools- gt Options - gt Scanner toolbox and they work properly So OP is partially working with the scanner NOTE OP was working properly fully with this scanner on my old xpsp system System Information Omnipage Professional version Product ID OP- - - OS Win Computer Dell Vostro i processor Scanner Mustek SE A USB Pro What I have done Downloaded the lasted drivers ScanExpress A USB WIN zip from Mustek Uninstalled the old driver installation from Device Manager Reboot Reinstall Mustek software Reboot Open Omnipage - gt Tools - gt Options - gt Scanner - gt Setup Download Latest Scanner Database from Nuance Select amp Test Scanner TWAIN SE A USB Pro - gt Next Would you still like to test your device - gt Yes The scanner is already in the database Would you still like to test your device - gt Yes Close any other applications that might be using your scanner - gt Next After running all available tests Omnipage still cannot see the scanner s color capability Testing the Scanner from Control Panel - gt Devices amp Printers - gt Scanner Select Right Click for Properties - gt Diagnostics - gt Test Scanner quot Successfully completed the diagnostic test quot Testing by Control Panel - gt Devices amp Printers - gt Scanner Select Right Click for Properties - gt Start Scan Here the quot Color quot Option is available And it successfully creates a color scan I found no help on this topic at Nuance Either Knowledge base or Forums Google coming up dry too Not sure what I could be missing Any help appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Win7(64) no "color scan" option with Omnipage17

Typically this is a driver problem. find the driver from the print/scanner manufacturer and dl/install it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win7-64-no-color-scan-option-with-omnipage17.186106/
Relevancy 18.92%

My laptop won't turn on and it's the only computer that has Windows 7. Is there any way for me to take the hard drive from that and use it in my desktop and run Windows 7 without buying a disc?

A:Can I move my laptop HD to a desktop?

bottom line is 99.999% no.

The HD contains the OS itself + the hardware drivers specific to the machine where the OS
was originally installed. At a very minimum, the hardware drivers would all need to be replaced - -
and without the right ones, the OS would not run far enough (if at all) to allow them to be updated.

If you're really really really knowledgeable on PCs and Windows (which kind of you're not as you are asking here),
then there's a long complicated path of
a] finding the drivers needed for the new maching
b] accessing the old drive
c] installing the drivers from [a] onto
d] moving the old drive to the new target platform
c] trying to boot

Then there's the question of the CPU differences between the old and new and if not compatible, this was all for not.

IT IS POSSIBLE to get all the old data from that drive to a new system, using something like this,
assuming that the old HD is functional and not corrupted.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-move-my-laptop-hd-to-a-desktop.185119/
Relevancy 18.49%

I upgraded my PRECISION 470 from a nVidia Quadro FX1400 to a nVidia GeForce 8400GS.
I bought the card on AMAZON and installed the drivers that came with it.
Now, my desktop is bigger than my screen and the mouse leaves tracer mouses.
The adapter is set to my screen's NATIVE resolution of 1920x1080 and connects with HDMI.
Keyboard and mouse response seems slow.
OS is Windows 7 w/ sp1

A:Desktop wider than screen, mouse leaves tracers

I just installed a new 24" monitor and at 1080 res the desktop was smaller than screen and blury, the opposite of what your experiencing. I tried updating drivers etc.. but couldnt figure it out at first?
It turned out to be a 'scaling options' setting in the control centre for my radeon gpu!!
Dont know if this helps?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-wider-than-screen-mouse-leaves-tracers.185651/
Relevancy 18.92%

I don t know if this would be the right section but it does have to do with a case of some sort I guess so this is where I am putting this thread We are starting a program in our school where we go around to different events and stream live It will be several times a week and all year long The computer we use will need to be powerful with many connection possibilities That is what brings me to this question A laptop is easy to transport It is made fairly tough and can be pretty fast if you are willing to put the money into it On the other hand you don t have a lot of input capabilities I was wondering if a desktop would be the best solution It is going to be faster than a laptop ex a desktop will cost about for the same Desktop laptop events for vs livestreaming speed and power is what I have found out So you can get a lot more for you money with a desktop Then you also get a multitude of connection possibilities with a desktop and it is so much more upgrade friendly than a laptop The problem with desktop is it s portability I don t really Desktop vs laptop for livestreaming events know what I am looking for Are there travel cases for desktop computers What do you suggest we use Does anyone have a link or something to lead me in the right direction Thanks nbsp

A:Desktop vs laptop for livestreaming events

Look around for some mini-ITX or HTPC cases, Lian Li and Silverstone both have decent selections. Obviously you'd need a monitor to transport around as well, so whether that's convenient is up to you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-vs-laptop-for-livestreaming-events.185369/
Relevancy 18.49%

Where do they hide the harddrive?

A:Dell Clamshell desktop hard drive question

I think I've found it via this link http://midwestitonline.com/wp-conte...in-a-Dell-Optiplex-GX260-Desktop-Computer.pdf
So
Got it out. Clamshell pc's are weird.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-clamshell-desktop-hard-drive-question.185341/
Relevancy 36.55%

I bought a Crucial M4 SSD (64g) for my PC but it appears it's supposed to plug into a laptop how do I hook it up to my motherboard/is it possible?

A:How do I install my SSD in a desktop?

The SSD will need 2 connections:
- SATA cable which goes to the motherboard, should come with your motherboard or you can buy one for very cheap
- Power connector which comes from the power supply.

They're the same cables as what your existing HDD is connected to.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-install-my-ssd-in-a-desktop.184994/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi everybody I am kind of new to buying a good gaming $1,000 keep it desktop, to under Gaming looking desktop and have no ideas what to look for Any and all help is greatly appreciated and I am looking to spend under if possible As of now I have in mind but as said before don t know what I am looking for The computers are CybertronPC Kombat-X Gaming PC Red Processor AMD FX GHz Six-Core Motherboard AMD Chipset Memory GB DDR Ballistix SDRAM expandable to GB Hard Drive TB RPM Genuine Windows Home Premium -bit Graphics x AMD Radeon HD GB Video Cards in CrossFireX Configuration Optical Drive X DVD RW Dual-Layer Drive with Gaming desktop, looking to keep it under $1,000 LightScribe Audio High Definition Channel Integrated Gigabit Ethernet LAN Expansions Bays Total Free - External quot External quot Internal quot quot Slots Total Free - PCI PCI Express x PCI Express x DIMM -Pin Connectivity x PS Keyboard Mouse Combo x USB x USB front rear x RJ- Network Ethernet Base-T Base-TX Base-T Audio x HDMI x DVI x D-Sub VGA Chassis In-Win BUC Mid-Tower Gaming Case with Watt Power Supply Accessories Keyboard and Optical Mouse with Scroll Service amp Support Details Year Parts amp Labor Warranty Free Lifetime Tech Support CybertronPC GM F Assassin Gaming PC Red Processor AMD FX GHz Quad Core Motherboard AMD Chipset Memory GB DDR Ballistix SDRAM expandable to GB Hard Drive TB RPM Genuine Windows Home Premium -bit Graphics x AMD Radeon HD GB Cards in CrossFireX Configuration Optical Drive X DVD RW Dual-Layer Drive with LightScribe Audio High Definition Channel Integrated Gigabit Ethernet LAN Expansions Bays Total Free - External quot Internal quot Internal quot Slots Total Free - PCI PCI Express x PCI Express x DIMM -Pin Connectivity x PS Keyboard Mouse Combo x USB x USB front rear x RJ- Network Ethernet Base-T Base-TX Base-T Audio x D-Sub VGA x HDMI x DVI Chassis In-Win MANA Mid-Tower Gaming Case with Watt Power Supply Accessories Keyboard and Optical Mouse with Scroll Service amp Support Details Year Parts amp Labor Warranty Free Lifetime Tech Support nbsp

A:Gaming desktop, looking to keep it under $1,000

Are you willing to build one yourself? I suggest that you go that route as you'll be buying better components.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-desktop-looking-to-keep-it-under-1-000.184671/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello I have a network with about computers on it wireless and wired The wired computer hosts printers for the network Yesterday it stopped responding to the network and no no computer connects longer Internet to Desktop longer will connect to the internet Desktop computer no longer connects to Internet No changes have been made to the computer and the other wireless computers still have internet access but cannot see the wired computer Under the Network and Sharing Center it shows the computer connected to the network but not through to the internet and the printers are not accessible to the other computers I ve unplugged the cable and installed a wireless USB network adapter and it too shows that the computer is connected to the network but no connection to the internet and no printer access to the other computers I tried restarting the computer and restarting the LAN and DSL modem as well as renewing the ipconfig without success I ve pinged the card and it responds to and I tried to ping gateway and got no response but one of the working computers gave the same output no response Any suggestions Thanks in advance Franklin nbsp

A:Desktop computer no longer connects to Internet

I found the issue, it had to do with McAfee's latest update...

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101446

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-computer-no-longer-connects-to-internet.184506/