Windows Support Forum

Wifi Network info/details appearing behind Network List on hover.

Q: Wifi Network info/details appearing behind Network List on hover.

Okay, usually when you hover over the networks listed and available from the taskbar icon, you get a nice little window with a few helpful tidbits of info for each listed network when you mouse action hover over the names. It tells you the encryption type, and the SSID, plus a few other details.

Well, on my computer, the information is appearing behind the list to where I can't read it. The network list is overlapping on top of the hover info. Talk about annoying. I searched for various things on google, with no luck. I tried:

Windows 7 network list obscuring hover details, and various other combinations to no avail. Anyone here have a clue what might be breaking this? I'd like the hover details to appear properly so I can read it. In the meantime I've installed the free version of Acrylic Wifi to work around the issue. Thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Wifi Network info/details appearing behind Network List on hover.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Wifi Network info/details appearing behind Network List on hover.

The problem must be driver based or an add-on program because I don't get any of that. All I get is the name and whether it's connected or not. Check that your adaptor driver is up to date and/or the program you use to display the data is up to date.

Forgot to mention:
Dell adds "bloatware" to their PCs to "improve the user's experience" so I would check Dell Support for your specific model and look for updates.

Dell Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/366682-wifi-network-info-details-appearing-behind-network-list-hover.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi!

This is my first post here . . . great site!

My neighbor's secured wireless network (and it is certainly NOT on the "preferred" list in my computer) appears ahead of mine whenever I turn my laptop on! (XP) When both networks (mine and my neighbor's) appears on the available networks list, my neighbor's comes up first (I think because the name of his network starts with a "B" and mine starts with a "J") and my computer tries to connect with that one first. Then I always have to open the network box and manually connect to my own secured network.

Is there anyway I can get my computer to just ignore that signal and ONLY connect to my network when I am in my home?

THANK YOU!!!

Relevancy 90.3%

We wanted a pc in the lounge to network for watching films on our TV, but having installed Win XP Pro and as many drivers as possible (graphics, network card - latest available, mouse, keyboard etc) but i'm hitting a problem.

Although the ethernet card appears in the device manager list, There is no available Network Connection.

Whenever i try opening windows firewall i get a message saying the ICS is not running. If i enable it nothing changes. If i then restart i must then enable it again the next time i try and open the firewall.

I have ran the Network wizard and entered all the correct information (name, connection type etc).

The most i know about running a command line command to check the settings is:
ping 127.0.0.1 and that returns 100% of the data
ipconfig /all shows nothing

The computer is a Packard Bell I-Media and is about 6 years old.

Any ideas?

A:Network connection not appearing, but ok in device list...?

When you ping 127.0.0.1 all you are doing is pinging your own pc, If you want to ping something ping www.yahoo.com or some web site and find out what that is getting.

The other question I have is did you just re-install or install Windows on your computer?

Some system specs on your computer would be great and also would help to diagnose the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connection-not-appearing-but-ok-in-device-list.553045/
Relevancy 89.01%

Hi all- In the last week I have noticed that a mystery phone has been listed in my network devices list It was quite clearly not mine I immediately recorded its MAC address and tried with no luck to get windows to tell me more My Asus router did not list network appearing device in list phones Unknown the Unknown phones appearing in network device list MAC address as connected to my home wifi Googling revealed no useful Unknown phones appearing in network device list info I did not have a password on my login stoopid so I applied Unknown phones appearing in network device list one and rebooted Today I noticed a similar phone unknown to me listed in my laptop network device list Again it is quote clearly not mine MacAddressLookup org did not have a listing for the MAC address this time Windows was unable to give me the serial number IP address or phone number in either event A fresh full scan with a fully updated Avast found nothing Spybot S amp D is now running Needless to say I am concerned I don't know if this is some hack attempt or malware Could this be just a couple of random phones trying to connect to anything they see This seems to be just my laptop I have no evidence to suggest my router was accessed Thank you for any help amp insights anyone can provide Cheers- Oli Links to images of network devices list amp windows properties of the unknown phones Samsung amp Xiaomi Windows My laptop connects to my home network via wifi Bluetooth is disabled No LAN connection is present My ASUS router AC U reports no devices attached to my network that I don't recognise Phone SAMSUNG MOBILE MAC b a f Phone Manufacturer Xiaomi MAC df dd a

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/547885/unknown-phones-appearing-in-network-device-list/
Relevancy 83.85%

My wife has a Lenovo laptop running We recently changed our router and I tried to set it up the same as the one it replaced However I found that a couple of devices wouldn't connect to it because I hadn't put in a passphrase just the WEP key Putting in a passphrase fixed the problem but meant that the WEP key changed and the laptop could no longer connect to it understandably In all my experiments to try to find Updating network WiFi profile info a way of editing the network's profile parameters I think I discovered that there is no way to update the network settings in Windows Even if you 'Forget' the network it still appears in the list of visible networks and when you try to connect to it it never prompts for the WEP key it just says quot cannot connect to this network quot I presume this is due to the fact that it hasn't forgotten it altogether Updating WiFi network profile info and it tries to re-use the old connection information In the end I deleted the profile for that network from the Updating WiFi network profile info registry but it seems like a bit of a brutal fix Is there a better way to do this

A:Updating WiFi network profile info

Hello Phil, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Double check using OPTION THREE below to make sure that the wireless network doesn't have a profile with the command below.

netsh wlan show profiles

Wireless Network Profile - Delete in Windows 8

The list of available wireless networks is just that. You don't get as profile until you actually connect to one. If you like, you could use OPTION THREE in the tutorial below to add the wireless network to your blocked filter list to no longer see it in the list of available wireless networks.

Wireless Networks - Allow or Block with Filter in Windows

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/62113-updating-wifi-network-profile-info.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I had an usual experience last weekend while traveling The hotel wifi network LaQuinta that I was trying to connect to with my laptop wasn t showing in the list of available wifi networks I was able to connect with my iPhone my wife s showing available WIFI not in Strongest list. Network iPhone and also a netbook that I carry as a back up It was clear looking at the netbook that the hotel s network was the strongest local signal it was the only network to show up on the phones but on the laptop which was showing the other wifi s that the netbook detected it wasn t there This is a Dell laptop running Win SP I tried restarting the Strongest WIFI Network not showing in available list. computer several times I deleted a couple of profiles LaQuinta and La Quinta that had been created when I visited other hotels I ve never stayed at this particular one before I used the command prompt and the Netsh tool to look for any filters there weren t any and LaQuinta didn t show up in the list of networks there either In the end somewhat surprisingly the hotel also had a wired connection in the room so I used that and went back to work Does anyone know what was going on in case this happens again I m stumped nbsp

Relevancy 81.7%

I think even though we have a password I still might have people connecting to my wireless network. how can I keep a log of all the computers that log on and off of the network, and if it exists maybe one that allows you to kick unwanted persons.

A:looking for tool to list computers that might be loging on to my wifi network

Your router will show you what computers are getting an IP address from the router.

If you are using WPA or WPA2 with a very long passphrase the average user should not be able to access your wireless. Yes it is possible to break the encryption but I doubt your neighbors have the know how to do it.

We have covered this topic on the forums in the past. I will try and find the thread for you. You can probably search for it as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-for-tool-to-list-computers-that-might-be-loging-on-to-my-wifi-network.817272/
Relevancy 80.41%

Please help me i keep loosing internet connection the network adapter becomes had bizcoach.info,trojan/agent-multi adapter gets network wifi disabled & disabled and the wifi is had bizcoach.info,trojan/agent-multi network adapter & wifi gets disabled switched off DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by eden at on - - Running Processes c Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar SeaPort EXE C Program Files x Launch Manager dsiwmis exe C Program Files x had bizcoach.info,trojan/agent-multi network adapter & wifi gets disabled Launch Manager LMutilps exe C Program Files x Acer Registration GREGsvc exe C Program Files x had bizcoach.info,trojan/agent-multi network adapter & wifi gets disabled Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components FWService IntelMeFWService exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL jhi service exe C Program Files Acer Acer Updater UpdaterService exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files x NTI Acer Backup Manager IScheduleSvc exe C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe C Program Files x Atheros Ath WlanAgent exe C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXE C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files x Veoh Networks VeohWebPlayer VeohWebPlayer exe C Program Files x OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files x OpenOffice org program soffice bin C Program Files x NTI Acer Backup Manager BackupManagerTray exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe C Program Files x Launch Manager LManager exe C Program Files x DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Program Files x Launch Manager LMworker exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe C Program Files x Cyberlink MediaEspresso DeviceDetector DeviceDetector exe C Program Files Acer Acer Instant Service InstantUpdate iuBrowserIEAgent exe C Program Files Acer Acer Instant Service InstantUpdate iuEmailOutlookAgent exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar Preserve BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO DivX Plus Web Player HTML lt video gt E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files x DivX DivX Plus Web Player ie DivXHTML DivXHTML dll BHO scriptproxy DB D A - - E -B D- F C - BHO CIESpeechBHO Class D F C - E - BD - - AC FDF - C Program Files x Atheros Bluetooth Suite IEPlugIn dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO sayfe ssauve CF E - F-F FE-F D- D B - BHO Bing Bar Helper d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - TB Bing Bar dcb -df - - - fa b f - uRun VeohPlugin C Program Files x Veoh Networks VeohWebPlayer veohwebplayer exe uRun SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe mRun Norton Online Backup C Program Files x Symantec Norton Online Backup NOBuClient exe mRun BackupManagerTray C Program Files x NTI Acer Backup Manager BackupManagerTray exe -h -k mRun Adobe ARM C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe mRun Dolby Advanced Audio v C Dolby PCEE pcee exe -autostart mRun USB MON C Program Files x Intel Intel reg USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe mRun LManager C Program Files x Launch Manager LManager exe mRun SuiteTray C Program Files x EgisTec MyWinLockerSuite x SuiteTray exe mRun DivXUpdate C Program Files x DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe CHECKNOW dRunOnce IsMyWinLockerRe... Read more

A:had bizcoach.info,trojan/agent-multi network adapter & wifi gets disabled

Hi there,my name is Marius and I will be assisting you with your Malware related problems.Before we move on, please read the following points carefully. First, read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding. Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one. If you have any problems while you are follow my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem. Do not run any other scans without instruction or Add/ Remove Software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me. Post all Logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts. If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed. Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean. My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.    Scan with Gmer rootkit scannerPlease download Gmer from here by clicking on the "Download EXE" Button.Double click on the randomly named GMER.exe. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consent.If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NO.In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following ...
SectionsIAT/EATShow All ( should be unchecked by default )Leave everything else as it is.Close all other running programs as well as your Browser.Click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.Once done click on the Save.. button, and in the File name area, type in "ark.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop.Please post the content of the ark.txt here.**Caution**Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501255/had-bizcoachinfotrojanagent-multi-network-adapter-wifi-gets-disabled/
Relevancy 76.11%

have you wanted to ask: I have the red x over my connection status and it says ?connection status: unknown. The dependency service or group failed to start.? here is the fix... I?ve used: 1. Go to Start > Run > cmd 2. Copy/paste the following line and hit your Enter key: Net localgroup Administrators localservice /add 3. Reboot your computer.

A:red X when you hover over network status

I havn't run into this problem yet but appreciate for the info and will keep it in mind.

Cheers!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/207332-red-x-when-you-hover-over-network-status.html
Relevancy 74.82%

My rig uses a Centrino Advanced-N 6230 wireless mini half-card. It reports the correct name except within the wireless network list. Instead of 6230 it reports 6320. I searched the registry to see if I could find the error, but nothing found. It's only a nuisance, and a minor one at that. Anyone else seen this? Any way I can correct it? See image below:

A:Network card name reporting incorrectly in wireless network list area

Can only suggest you may not be using the latest wireless driver, but if you are, it must be a typo in the signature file written into the card's firmware which can only be changed by the manufacturer and may be noticed by them in the next release.

If its working, I wouldn't loose any sleep over it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/211612-network-card-name-reporting-incorrectly-wireless-network-list-area.html
Relevancy 73.96%

hi i am new on this site, i was searching to find ways in my problem until i get my self here hoping some1 could help me..

i could not find my wireless network.. my os is XP pro and i am using acer aspire 3050.. after formating my os to xp i tried to connect trough wireless but could not find it .. i click on Control Panel -> Internet Connections but couldt not find my wireless there and i only see Local Area Conection .. so now i dont know how to on my wireless

pleasee help

Relevancy 72.67%

I use WindowsXp SP2 w/ IE7. I visit several wexsites that displays images. My Mother is running the same thing. On my mom's pc - when you stop on an image with the mouse, a temporary screen pops up displaying details about the image. This does not happen for me. I have to click the image then a new window comes up diplaying the details. A site this is specific to is www.bidz.com.

Can anyone help get this feature to work?

A:Mouse hover will not display details

That's all done with JavaScript. Do you have that disabled somewhere in the internet explorer options?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/mouse-hover-will-not-display-details-218477.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi
I have a LAN with two computers with Windows 7 SP1 Enterprise, a NAS and a network printer multifunction.
This network is managed by a hardware firewall. The two computers do not have any firewall and antivirus and all network devices have the same workgroup.
On the network window of a computer, all network devices are displayed immediately. While, on the other computer, the computer with Windows 7 immediately appears; however, the other network devices were displayed after a long wait.
Since yesterday, on this computer, only this network devices are not displayed more; while the other computer displays all regularly.
Thanks
Bye

Balubeto

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1a538f20-65f3-4051-a431-19fd597f9483/the-network-windows-not-does-list-the-network-device?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi
I have a LAN with two computers with Windows 7 SP1 Enterprise, a NAS and a network printer multifunction.
This network is managed by a hardware firewall. The two computers do not have any firewall and antivirus and all network devices have the same workgroup.
On the network window of a computer, all network devices are displayed immediately. While, on the other computer, the computer with Windows 7 immediately appears; however, the other network devices were displayed after a long wait.
Since yesterday, on this computer, only this network devices are no more displayed; while the other computer displays all regularly.
Thanks
Bye

Balubeto

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1a538f20-65f3-4051-a431-19fd597f9483/the-network-window-not-does-list-the-network-device?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi

On the window of a computer network, all network devices are displayed immediately. While, on the other computer, the computer with Windows 7 immediately appears; however, the other network devices were displayed after a long wait.

Since yesterday, on this computer, only this network devices are no more displayed; while the other computer displays all regularly.

Thanks

Bye

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/388177-network-windows-not-does-list-all-network-devices.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I have two devices connected to my home wireless network, my phone and my laptop. Recently my network has disappeared from the laptop's list of networks. This did not happen with my phone, which works fine. By disappeared I mean my home network cannot be discovered by my laptop. This is not a connection issue because I cannot find the network to connect to. I do not have this problem with any other wireless network. I followed the various command prompts suggested by Microsoft's troubleshooting guide (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...nection-issues). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/44417-home-network-has-disappeared-network-list.html
Relevancy 72.24%

PRODUCT: HP Chromebook 11 G4S/N: 5CD5515QDCGoogle Chrome OS Version 50.0.2661.103Platform 7978.74.0Firmware Google_Kip.5216.227.25 This device is frustrating my spouse to no end.  It keeps dropping our home wifi network connection.  I have to shutdown power, wait, and power back on and it refreshes.  This is annoying. I am seriously considering returning this device.  The whole point of this purchase was stability and ease of browsing and light internet use.  Frustration is not part of the purchase.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Network-Connection-Error-Dropped-Home-WiFi-Network-only-on/td-p/5638654
Relevancy 71.38%

I have windows 7 32 bit on my hp 530 notebook. Since a few days when i try to connect to any network it shows connected but when i click on networks it says identifying network. I do have the latest drivers. I have windows 8 installed and wifi works fine in it.

Please reply.

Relevancy 71.38%

Is there a way to setup network profiles or something so that when I bring my Surface Pro to work and connect to the wireless network there it will use the static ip address I have but when I disconnect and then connect to my home wifi it will go back to DHCP? On my MacBook Pro I can go into the network settings and change the location profile I have setup for networks but I don't see anything like this for Windows 8.

A:Specific network settings based on wifi network

You can go into IPv4 Properties of this NIC, then you can use the Alternate configuration tab to set up the alternate IP, or use the Advanced tab to add a static IP/gateway/DNS etc. to TCP/IP.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/29158-specific-network-settings-based-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I'm building a subscription wifi network for our area.

Cisco Aironet 1550 series: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5679/ps11451/data_sheet_c78-641373.html
Proxim Orinocor series: http://www.proxim.com/products/enterprise-wireless-lan-wi-fi-mesh/orinocor-wi-fi-mesh-series

The Proxim seems like the better product, and sells for a bit less.

Will I need to purchase anything else besides several of these for the network? I'm assuming the 'home' router connects to a PC (or the PC via the gateway address) for managing the network.

Thanks allot for your insight.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-wimax-network-creating-a-subscription-network.1011867/
Relevancy 70.09%

Sorry if this has already been discussed. Couldn't find on a search.

I have a small secured network in my office with a modem/router networking three computers wirelessly. I would like to add another router that would allow clients in the waiting room of my office to have internet access. Could you assist me in a setup or map? I already have a wireless Linksys router available to use as the second router.

Thank You

A:Adding Wifi Network to an Already Secured Network

Are those in the waiting room to be allowed into OR forbidden access to your Lan systems?

You already have

Code:
modem---router----your.lan.systems
to Isolate the W.R from your lan, connect

Code:

modem---router----your.lan.systems (assumed 192.168.1.x or 0.x)
|
+---new router (new channel+ssid+no encryption)
set LAN addresses and DHCP for 192.168.10.x

add firewall rule to ALL your existing LAN systems to deny src address range=192.168.10.0 thru 10.255

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-wifi-network-to-an-already-secured-network.118448/
Relevancy 70.09%

I Bought Pavilion -ab tx available ... Wifi every and network shows no access network no one and half month ago and it started having this problem weeks after buying Wifi suddenly disconnects and then it shows no networks available even when there are many Wifi shows no network available and no network access every ... networks available Mobile phone always show that they are available nbsp nbsp Wireless card nbsp Realtek RTL BE RTL EE b g n OS - Windows -bit nbsp I have tried everything to solve this System restore Recovery Updating BIOS Reseting using CMD updating wireless driver rolling back the driver to initial one But nothing has helped yet It shows the network is available if I'm sitting next to modem Then also it doesn't show other Wifi shows no network available and no network access every ... wifi Wifi shows no network available and no network access every ... networks around my home that my phone does nbsp nbsp Now obviously laptop's wifi is supposed to be better than the mobile phone's wifi but its just the opposite here The problem might be here that it loses its strength every now and then but whatever it is I'm terribly disappointed in the product that I've bought nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-shows-no-network-available-and-no-network-access-every/td-p/5674339
Relevancy 69.66%

Recently my friend is having a problem connecting to her wireless router. Whenever she tries to connect she cannnot find her sister's router on the network list. And when she does see it and tries to connect, ti doenst connect at all. It was working fine for awhile, but now she can't connect anymore. It has been like this on and off for a year now. But this time she is 2 weeks without internet because the router wont show up on her network list.

She cna see her neighbors' wireless network, but not her own, and even if she did it would not let her connect.

Can someone help? My friend has some sort of dlink air wireless adapter and she is trying to connect to her sister's linksys wireless router.
There has been no changes in her comptuer, it just stopped working one day.

Relevancy 68.37%

Hey Guys,

I am having this problem where in the system tray the network icon is showing incorrect information. It displays a red "x" even though I am surfing the internet. When I hover over the icon it displays "Connection status:unknown The specified service does not exist as an installed service".

I stumbled upon this post and I noticed that I am completely missing Network List Service. How do I make this option visible in the list of services? Can I somehow install this service?

TIA.

A:Network List Service is missing from the list of services

Hi Digital-flex,

Welcome to Vista Forums.

You might try running a sfc /scannow command to see if it can find and fix any system files that may be causing this. This tutorial will show you how to if needed.

System Files - SFC Command

If that does not work for you, then you can do a Repair install. This tutorial will show you how to if needed.

Repair Install For Vista

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/151800-network-list-service-missing-list-services.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Since a re install of XP Pro one of my pc's does not give any information when you place a mouse over a file.

I have Googled for this but seem to just go down commercial software alleys!

I just want to know quickly what the file is and size please.

Dave.

A:mouse hover, no info

Right click it and select properties there it will give you the information that you want

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-hover-no-info-356221.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I have four macs,
G3 Powermac running os 9.1
G3 Powerbook running os 9.1
G4 Powermac running os 10.2.8
G4 Powerbook running os 10.4

All apear on network appart from G3 powermac.
Cables and connections are fine.
Tried appletalk settings, file sharing settings and can't figure it out.
Not sure if this is a hardware or software related problem.

Any Suggestions........... please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/g3-not-appearing-on-network-hub.403914/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have a network consisting of a desk-top PC running windows a laptop running windows and a media server NAS box NAS in appearing not Network All worked fine until a couple of days ago The laptop now has problems seeing the media server in explorer It simply doesn't appear at all although a 'device' is shown representing the DNLA service running NAS not appearing in Network on the server The problems occur whether I connect using ethernet or wireless This is odd because the desktop has no problems seeing the media server at all I have been through the various network settings in windows but nothing has worked so far In any case all the settings look correct and are also pretty much identical to those on the desktop This got me thinking so I went back to basics and tried to ping the media server When I tried 'ping lt machine name gt ' this failed with the message 'ping request could not find host lt machine name gt ' When I used the media server's IP address ping worked fine nbsp I then found that I could connect to the media server in explorer if I typed in the IP address in the address bar All this suggests a DNS problem I've since tried various combinations of ipconfig flushdns ipconfig release ipconfig renew etc but none has fixed the problem Does anyone have any ideas

A:NAS not appearing in Network

If you are using route on your network, please reset or update the firmware. DNS is built-in route device.

Meanwhile, you can add IP address with correspoding media name in hosts file for a test.
Niki Han
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f3f3be14-7a23-4602-82d0-fe6a687367ba/nas-not-appearing-in-network?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello everyone There's a thing that puzzles me I have installations of Win Home Premium on different machines one on a self-built desktop one on a Sony Vaio and one on a HP Pavillion Plus a fourth installation of Win Starter on a little Asus EeePC The Network Connections window on the last one Starter shows for every adapter some details Pic as I believe is the norm while on the other installations Pic only the name of the connection is shown and it seems I can do nothing to get back what seems to be the normal indications as far as I know adapter Connections show No in details Network from past experience I have searched the web extensively but I can't find one single instance of this strange No adapter details show in Network Connections behaviour mentioned It seems I am the only one in the world to see this or I am a very bad searcher Anyone knows why this happens and how to fix it No great deal but I find it a bit irritating Thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/390581-no-adapter-details-show-network-connections.html
Relevancy 66.22%

In Windows 7 Home Premium some of my files don't show info balloons. The three I've noticed are Macrium Reflect images, PDFs and PowerPoint files; but Word files and most others do. Anyone have an explanation for this? I have ownership of the three file types mentioned and have full control in security permissions. Thanks.

A:No info balloon on hover Home Premium SP1

I tried a Macrium image on Windows 8. I didn't get an infotip either. I did on pdf though. You could try checking your pdf program for Explorer integration. I'm using PDFXChange Edit free version.

I don't have any powerpoint files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/327099-no-info-balloon-hover-home-premium-sp1.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi i have a computer that is connected to my router that is running Windows XP. I enabled File and Printer sharing on that computer and connected my new Vista desktop to the same Workstation as the other computer. For some reason when i click Add A Printer on my Vista desktop and search for network printers, it doesn't show up. Anyone know how i can fix this? Thanks in advance

Relevancy 66.22%

Hi

Our wireless network with a security password is not being recognised in the list of available wireless connections. I can see it in the list of networks in the Control Panel but it is not being listed in the available network list . We can connect directly to the router but there is no security password and I would either
a. like to assign a password to the connection (NetGear) or
b. be able to connect to our original network listed in the control panel.

Thank you for your help.

Renee

A:Wireles network not appearing

and welcome to the Forum

I moved your post to the Networking Forum . .

When you say "We can connect directly to the router but there is no security password" what exactly do you mean.

Let's take a peek at your network:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again.

How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type type the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter. Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

then please Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/wireles-network-not-appearing-598371.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hey there.

I returned home yesterday and for some frustrating reason my laptop won't connect to the home wifi that was working fine before I left. My iPad will as will every other laptop/device in the house. I can pick up other routers fine but just not my own.

Also it keeps assuming i want to automatically connect to one 'NETGEAR'.

I'm aware this is a common issue but nothing I've tried has helped so far.

I'm using windows 8.1, I can give more details if needed.

Cheers!

A:Home network not appearing

What channel is the router using (my guess is 12 or 13)? What channels does your wireless adapter support (my guess is 1 - 11)?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/home-network-not-appearing.1122555/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello there!
Is there anyone who can help me with my IT problem. We have a small SBS2003 network ( approx 25 users) and although no one says that have done anything all of a sudden everyone has to reconnect their network printers at startup every time?
The network is controlled using AD and both printers have the latest drivers and are connected using TCP/IP.
thanks

Relevancy 65.36%

Hello everyone, I have a big problem.
On my desktop computer, the wireless network icon does NOT appear in the bottom right hand corner, it also does not appear when I go to: control panel --->network connections

there is still no wireless network icon...

i have a d-link modem, i'm trying to get a wireless connection of my internet but I can't because there is no 'wireless connection icon', anywhere in the computer..

you know when you right click the wireless network thingie, then click on 'VIEW WIRELESS NETWORK CONNECTIONS' that icon is no where to be found..

i already right clicked on my computer then properties and checked in hardware under network connections, and the network things are all installed... i'm not sure whats going on with this computer...

anyone, PLEASE help me?

PS- modem is D-LINK [WBR-1310]

A:Wireless Network Icon(s) NOT appearing, anywhere. [PLEASE HELP]

Let's see if it's detected, which it doesn't appear to be from what you said.
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-icon-s-not-appearing-anywhere-please-help.743713/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi All, I'm new here and hope someone can help with this little problem I have
I have a Desktop (Matt's Computer) and a Laptop (Msrlaptop) that are networked via a wireless router. All the drives on both machines are shared on the network. On the Desktop I am able to access the drives from the laptop via My Computer, but on the laptop I can only view the shared drives via My Network Places - I'd like to view them in My Computer.
Thanks

Relevancy 65.36%

it disconnects my active one(annoying!) and trys to connect a broadband one.Plz help!

A:new connection keeps appearing in my network connections!!!!!

Hi and welcome to TSG,

I took a look at the log that you posted in the Security forum and there are a lot of viral issues in the log which are probably causing this problem.

Anyone wishes to help out, please post on the other thread in Security:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=221410

Cookie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-connection-keeps-appearing-in-my-network-connections.221407/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi there

I often see other "Strange" phones on my network --I know they aren't mine as I've powered them ALL off and removed batteries.

Looking at Router log they haven't logged on to my network but I really shouldn't be seeing these.

My own phones don't show up BTW !!!!

Cheers
jimbo

A:Other peoples phones appearing on my Network

Tablet or other device. The bad thing about manufacturers using chips that can be used in multiple devices, Windows for some reason loves to misidentify them.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/62825-other-peoples-phones-appearing-my-network.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I have window xp laptop, with wireless built in, I turned it on the yesterday, and there is no network connections, if I go to the network folder, nothing appears. I went to device manager and my broadband along with other devices for the wireless, all had errors, I did a system restore, it worked, then I run norton antivirus, along with adwere and ms anti spy ware, reboot and now it's not working again, and niether is system restore, So I uninstall the drivers, reboot, still not working , so I we reinstall all the HP drivers using the cd that came with the laptop, still no luck . I can post a hijack this file if need. Can anyone help me?
Thanks so much

A:Network connection not appearing anymore

Under warranty? Send it back. It's a bigger headache than I would tangle with, and I've had to deal with people snapping their power jacks off the mainboard and SUPERGLUING them back on with no regard for electrical connectivity.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connection-not-appearing-anymore.338933/
Relevancy 65.36%

After disconnecting from SecurityTunnel VPN, 'Unidentified network still appears even after closing it.
Screenshots: Screenshot by Lightshot
Screenshot by Lightshot

Does anyone know a fix, for it to not appear when disconnecting from vpn

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/36443-unidentified-network-appearing-after-disconnect-vpn.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello I'm hoping somebody knowledgeable can help me I've looked online and I can't find an answer for this problem I've just recently picked up windows It's been less than a week so I'm admittedly a noob with it and I want to create a virtual Network in appearing not adapters Hyper-V machine I've gone through all the other steps like enabling virtualization in the bios but I've hit a speed bump when it comes to internet connectivity In all the tutorials I've seen on the internet the network adapters just appear in the configuration list For me there's nothing available to select I only see a quot Not connected quot message like so Originally Posted by me Originally Posted by me I thought about installing an os and then installing the network adapter that way but unbuntu is refusing to install without an internet connection Network adapters not appearing in Hyper-V it keeps trying to connect and it never does and windows tells me it can't verify my product code without one I've seen other tutorials online where people simply hit skip when windows asks for a product code but I don't even have Network adapters not appearing in Hyper-V a skip option available I've looked online for solutions and none of the Network adapters not appearing in Hyper-V ones I've found match my problem I've even seen people say that if your computer can access the net the adapter should just be there but as often happens in life things seem to be more complicated for me Any help that you guys can offer would be appreciated

A:Network adapters not appearing in Hyper-V

You need to create a virtual external switch. From the main Hyper-V GUI go to Virtual Switch Manager > Create External Switch and pick your Wi-Fi or Ethernet adapter. You then attach to this external switch in the screen you have above.

See part 3 of this tutorial. Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/38261-network-adapters-not-appearing-hyper-v.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi there

This USB Wifi adapter seems to be a MEGA performer --Lovely finally to be able to THINK of getting rid of LAN cables all over the place.

I've no probs with decent HD Movie streaming from a SERVER with one of these (I unplugged the LAN and inserted the USB Wifi adapter into a USB3 slot --note this needs genuine USB3 to work at proper speed). My Home router can deliver 802.11ac so no probs there.

Brilliant piece of kit and NO MORE CABLES !!!!!!. Wifi will soon be able to deliver comparable speeds to LAN especially for HOME networks. !!!

Here's the UK Link but is available in US and Europe. In any case it's delivered (in my case) by Amazon S.A.R.L (Luxembourg) so no tax !!!. even though I ordered from UK web site --they will ship outside UK tax free.

USB-AC56 | Networking | ASUS UK

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38950-finally-can-retire-wired-network-wifi-usb-ac56-wifi-802-11ac.html
Relevancy 64.93%

PCs are Win Ultimate All are joined to the Domain Domain Controller DNS DHCP Server on same instance is Server standard The network topology is like this Router as Internet Gateway gt Switch identifying Cards will only or intermittently, Inside the Domain-Joined no Network when network Connections will Network longer, Network join Domain PC from gt Wired to Server and PC's SIP phones and Wireless Access Point Domain-Joined PC Network Cards will no longer, or will only intermittently, join the Domain Network when identifying Network Connections from Inside network all on same subnet DNS and DHCP have been offloaded Domain-Joined PC Network Cards will no longer, or will only intermittently, join the Domain Network when identifying Network Connections from Inside network to Server Roles and switched off on the router All of the PCs have network cards that have joined the domain network at least some of the time since I set them up Some of them have always picked up the domain network and continue to this day Some of them intermittently pick up the domain network and other times join whatever other unmanaged network is available Some of them have stopped picking up the domain network altogether and will no matter how many times their NICs are restarted always join a non-domain unmanaged network When the NICs are not joining the domain they are unable to ping hostnames of any devices on the network but nslookup of the hostnames usually works The DC DNS DHCP server's IP can be pinged without issue ipv or ipv I am recording DNS Client Errors ID on all of the PCs during the intervals when their NICs are identifying which network to join -On the PCs that are catching the domain network I am only getting a single error about the root domain eg the domain is ad domain com and I am only getting errors about how the configured DNS servers cannot resolve domain com nothing with fully qualified domain names eg server ad domain com -On the PCs that are not catching the domain network I get a few different instances of the same error substituted quot domain quot for my root domain name Name resolution for the name WPAD ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name lt DC-DNS-DHCPSERVERNAME gt ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name LDAP TCP DC MSDCS ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name ISATAP ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Based on what I've read about NLA service choosing the domain to log into I believe this rd error is the big one although I guess the big error is that my configured DNS servers are not responding except to NSLookups From what I understand the Network Location Awareness Service Provider will roughly do the following look into the registry to see if there is an entry for a domain network to join and if there is it will attempt to contact the domain controller of the same domain name If it is successful with both parts it will join the domain network named quot ad domain com quot If not it will fall back to one of the other options ie home private public quot whatever its called network quot I have tried many of the fixes presented for similar issues but I haven't found anything that's worked A few things I have tried while cycling my NICs on and off to test -turned off the firewall nbsp -poked holes in the firewall for TCP UDP port -poked holes in the firewall for TCP UDP port -ipconfig flushdns ipconfig registerdns -netsh int ip reset -netsh reset Winsock catalog and restarted -route f and restarted -turned off DHCP Client Service -restarted DHCP client Service -turned off IPV on NICs -hard-coded DNS servers IPV and -hard-coded static IPs and DNS Servers only IPV -sfc scannow to scan for integrity violations All of these and also some combinations of these and more that I can't remember One more p... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/303bcde4-6a0b-4bc4-baff-929f0b6b4261/domainjoined-pc-network-cards-will-no-longer-or-will-only-intermittently-join-the-domain-network?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello

I'm a new W8.1 user. Over the past two days two separate unknown network devices have appeared under 'This PC' in Windows Explorer (see screenshot below for the current one, along with its properties window). It appears people are able to access this computer - so a big problem!

As far as I can tell, all my security settings are in place (password on wireless network, all sharing disabled in Network and Sharing Centre, Windows Firewall is active, Windows Media Sharing is off).

Has anyone had this problem as well, or have any advice how to close what I assume is a security loophole?!

Thanks

A:Unknown network devices appearing despite firewalls

Network Location - Set to Private or Public in Windows 8

Set it for Private network, see this tutorial:

Network Location - Set to Private or Public in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/50657-unknown-network-devices-appearing-despite-firewalls.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I have been having issues with my WD MyCloud NAS not showing up under Network on the left navigation pane of File Explorer. I am able to access the NAS by entering the host name (\\WDMYCLOUD) in the address bar in File Explorer. I was able to find a solution that fixes this and makes my NAS appear in Network as expected. The solution involved running Command Prompt as Admin, executing some commands, then restarting the computer.

What I would like to do is automate this process by creating a batch file that will:

Open Command Prompt as AdminAutomatically enter specific commandsClose Command PromptRestart the computer

The problem is I don't know anything about how to code batch files in order to accomplish this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:NAS not appearing under Network in File Explorer - Automating the Fix

Originally Posted by Inkedxx

I have been having issues with my WD MyCloud NAS not showing up under Network on the left navigation pane of File Explorer. I am able to access the NAS by entering the host name (\\WDMYCLOUD) in the address bar in File Explorer. I was able to find a solution that fixes this and makes my NAS appear in Network as expected. The solution involved running Command Prompt as Admin, executing some commands, then restarting the computer.

What I would like to do is automate this process by creating a batch file that will:

Open Command Prompt as AdminAutomatically enter specific commandsClose Command PromptRestart the computer

The problem is I don't know anything about how to code batch files in order to accomplish this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there
I'm not an expert at these things but this should work.

1) open a text file with notepad
2) enter your commands line by line. one command per line
3) save file with suffix .bat or .cmd
4) use file explorer to get to the file.
5) double click on it to see if it works (cmd / bat extensions should be interpreted by Windows as command type of stuff).
6) if it works right mouse vlick against the file in file explorer
7) set send to desktop (create short cut)
8) now you've got a desktop application when you want to run it - just double click the desktop short cut you created.

Note - to run by default in Administrator mode I think in the properties when you create the desktop shortcut you can specify somewhere run as a different user / administrator. I haven't done this for ages but from memory this should woerk --you don't need complex javascript or whatever.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/39221-nas-not-appearing-under-network-file-explorer-automating-fix.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi guys I m not even sure if the issue I have is malware but I don t think it will hurt to at least get your guys opinion on the matter It started about or so days ago So I was playing a video game and I noticed my ping kept fluctuating Weird because nobody else in my house was using the internet I click on network and there s a mobile device that I ve home network devices appearing on Unknown not seen before Image I thought a neighbour could be stealing our internet So I changed the router settings to only allow the mac Unknown devices appearing on home network address of my laptop and my parent s laptop to connect to the wifi This did not solve the issue - I clicked on network and another mobile device popped up - this time it was a different model with a different mac address I then went on task manager and something called COM surrogate was running I clicked on it and there appeared the mobile device Image In one instance another router seemed to come up image Also it doesn t appear to matter which laptop I am on mine or my parents devices will sporadically appear and disappear on the network Action taken First I did a system restore on my laptop Then I did full scans on both my and my parent s laptop with windows defender it came back all clear I did another scan on both laptops with malwarebytes anti malware both Unknown devices appearing on home network came back all clear I ve changed all router passwords and made them all more secure nothing seems to work Currently I ve disabled wifi and am using an ethernet cable no mobile device comes up at all I appreciate anyone s help on this matter nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/unknown-devices-appearing-on-home-network.63379/
Relevancy 64.5%

I've been having a little bit of difficulty reestablishing a wireless network that used to work. Right now, I've been trying to fix one problem at a time, and I've been focusing on the server. My question is, I was wondering what it means when the server is able to ping it's own address as well as it's own computer name, but the computer name does not appear under My Network Places>Entire Network>Microsoft Windows Network>"workgroup name"

Appreciate any help you can offer!

Relevancy 64.5%

small network with stations running windows PC ultimate -bit all were fresh installed with BitDefender antivirus and MS office brand new laptops new desktops older P desktop on ethernet the old one is visible as billing-pc most of them are via WIFI-n one via ethernet on the network is also mac mini server running SMB for file sharing services the server is not showing by default ether at some point i began to notice that not all computers are showing under the quot network quot in windows explorer i can easily ping all computers by IP or name without problems i can always force open the computers shared files windows firewall is on on all as standard from installation and has not been touched IPv disabled on all i started to mess around in advanced sharing but none seems to have an effect when i force the with windows only 7 problems computers not appearing - map on network some the computer windows 7 problems with computers not appearing on the network map - only some to open server it shows in the network browser but when i refresh the windows 7 problems with computers not appearing on the network map - only some window it disapears from the main right side window and remains as old link on the left mostly - stations list normally all the time i ve checked ipconfig -all on a visible vs unvisible computer and that was identical Code C Users bruce gt ipconfig -all Windows IP Configuration Host Name bruce-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Peer-Peer IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -D - B-E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday August AM Lease Expires Wednesday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Primary WINS Server Secondary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap E C BD - D - C -AC A- A A FD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e d f fffb Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe d f fffb Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled i hope this might be a common issue with a quick fix before i spent hours of investigating this please advise what i should check nbsp

A:windows 7 problems with computers not appearing on the network map - only some

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-problems-with-computers-not-appearing-on-the-network-map-only-some.944131/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi there I have a Belkin N DB Wireless Router as Router in Network tree Computer appearing and for the past year or two I've been noticing a new computer appear on my network called quot Router appearing as Computer in Network tree ROUTER quot and I haven't thought too much about it since Router appearing as Computer in Network tree then Router appearing as Computer in Network tree But after reading a news report about how hackers can hack into networks I thought I should pay more attention to new things this being one of them I'll post a picture down below of what I'm seeing on my screen and I just wanted to ask if this kind of thing is common or normal It shouldn't indicate anything wrong with my network Thanks for reading and for any help If you need any more info just ask I've had this router for about years That extra computer has been there for only about of those years I have changed some settings on my router in the past to make it stream movies and music from my PC to my PS But that's about it Code Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Aaron-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List FleurNet Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix FleurNet Description ASUS PCE-N Mbps n Dual band Wirele ss LAN PCI-E Card Physical Address -BF- - C- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe aa bd Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained April- - PM Lease Expires May- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A - -DE-F - D- - D- E- D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap FleurNet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix FleurNet Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/394694-router-appearing-computer-network-tree.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I know this has been discussed in the past (tweak programs, regedits, gpedit.msc, control panel settings, etc.) but a lot of the info may be dated and some was version and build specific.

As of Feb 2016, what are people doing?

I have Windows 7 Professional (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)

When you open a window, it creates a link on the taskbar--whether a browser window, folder, or program such as a Word document. I'd like to have the links appear as a list rather than thumbnails. I'd also like to have only 1 link button for Word, 1 for each Firefox open window, 1 for Explorer, etc., rather than a button for each document/instance/whatever. So when you hover over the Word icon, a list of open word documents would appear, and when you hover over firefox, a list of the open windows would appear, etc..

Is there a way to do this now?

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/390744-taskbar-popups-hover-thumbnails-list-customization.html
Relevancy 64.07%

When I hover over the icons that are loaded into the system tray after startup, the information dialog box, that describes what the icon is, is hiding behind the start menu taskbar.

Such a simple problem. It's driving me nuts!

I attached a small screenshot of exactly what I mean. That dialog box in particular is a bit large so you can see most of the information but there is still information hiding behind the taskbar.

Why is it doing this? I have a brand new HP laptop wiped and imaged with XP Pro. I tried changing visual properties, taskbar properties, etc.

I tried restarting.

How can I fix this?!?

A:hover info dialogs in systray hiding behind the start menu taskbar

Hello jdiroff

Don`t blame your nice new laptop, this is a common problem in XP.

Go here and scroll down to line Line 321 (left column)
Download the "Tool Tips Hidden Behind Taskbar" fix.

Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it and answer yes to the import prompt.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hover-info-dialogs-in-systray-hiding-behind-the-start-menu-taskbar-304704.html
Relevancy 64.07%

problems with laptop, one of which is i am unable to get wireless connection again, no network connections are appearing in control panel? help

A:no wireless network connections appearing in control panel,

Hi and welcome to TSF what is the make and model of your laptop and have you checked in device manager for any error flags ie yellow ! or red X

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/no-wireless-network-connections-appearing-in-control-panel-673919.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I cannot connect to certain wireless networks.

- I can connect for example to wifi at my University or a public network such as The Cloud and even BT Open zone, all of these direct you to a page to logon - these work fine.
- I cannot connect to any other network, even if it is an Open network.
- I have endlessly searched Google and tried everything suggested on forums like this - however they were other peoples problems - this is the first time I have made a post.
- I have eventually caved and restored my laptop to Factory settings. The problem persists.

I have attached screen shots showing the exact problem and error messages.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.

- Connecting via cable works fine - I am using that method now.

A:Cannot connect to Wifi network - "Identifying Network"

Shaun, firstly: welcome to Sevenforums!

May I suggest downloading Revo uninstaller: Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems and using it to remove your wireless driver and all bits of it. This is because the built in uninstaller doesn't often remove everything. Now go online (you mentioned connecting via LAN line works alright) and find your wireless adapter driver for your computer (should be on the manufacturer's website). Install it, enter the network password, and let me know if this solves the problem for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/205060-cannot-connect-wifi-network-identifying-network.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi I am connected to the internet using a iinet BOB wireless modem and with changing modifications but appearing random wireless Duplicate name network I m using a Mac OS X at the moment When I enter my WPA key to connect to the network the dialog box says incorrect password There are no issues with the password because I know how to change it and have tried various different versions in an attempt to explore the issue Intermittently the connection does work however it then drops out again When I click the airport icon my network name appears as usual but a duplicate name also appears I find this quite unusual and the technical support person from iinet hadn t heard of it because the name is the same but also has extra characters added to the end including garbled fonts ie wingdings The Duplicate wireless network name appearing but with random changing modifications name also appears and re-appears with different characters each time I share a wall with a neighboring university which has an extensive internet network covering a large area I wonder if this is some kind of interference or in a more sinister vein Duplicate wireless network name appearing but with random changing modifications some kind of hacking attempt to get me to enter my WPA key I also have a Toshiba laptop which I ve been using to double check the issues but it has always had connectivity issues so I m not sure its reliable It is also intermittently picking up on this duplicate signal too but sometimes exclusively this and not the real signal When I try to connect to the real signal it says acquiring network address and then stops and does not connect I m at a loss of what to do we had this issue with our first modem and ordered a replacement which encounters the same problem Any help or suggestions would be appreciated and I can give more details if necessary I m currently using the ethernet cable to connect and there is no issue with this method but we do have more than one computer Thank you for reading this long-winded question nbsp

A:Duplicate wireless network name appearing but with random changing modifications

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/duplicate-wireless-network-name-appearing-but-with-random-changing-modifications.1060129/
Relevancy 63.21%

Just when you think you've seen it all, recently all the Xerox Phasers we have on the network, are going offline. When looking deeper into it, we found that there are strange characters such as what looks like a cross or weird looking plus sign showing up in the field. Does anyone have any experience with this and why it's happening? We can remove the characters, but they randomly pop up again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/397024-strange-characters-appearing-network-printer-host-name-field.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Just when you think you've seen it all, recently all the Xerox Phasers we have on the network, are going offline. When looking deeper into it, we found that there are strange characters such as what looks like a cross or weird looking plus sign showing up in the field. Does anyone have any experience with this and why it's happening? We can remove the characters, but they randomly pop up again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/397024-strange-characters-appearing-network-printer-host-name-field.html
Relevancy 63.21%

yesterday i booted up my computer and when i logged in it would totally freeze halfway done loading all my startup programs. I finally got it logged in by logging in with the wifi switch off. but when i got on all my network adapters werent there i checked the device manager i had a bunch of new adapters but windows said it couldn't load any of them, i managed to get my wi fi and ethernet back by rolling back the drivers but my hamachi network adapter and a bunch of other ones still wont load. Any ideas?

A:Random Network Adapters Appearing in device manager (Windows 7 x64)

Delete them all one by one and reboot the computer upon reboot the drivers for the devices will be automatically installed again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/187183-random-network-adapters-appearing-device-manager-windows-7-x64.html
Relevancy 63.21%

i would like to reopen the pending issue small computers the not map 2010 server - windows 7 on network mini mac appearing network with stations running windows PC ultimate -bit all were fresh installed with BitDefender antivirus and MS office brand new laptops new desktops older P desktop windows 7 computers not appearing on the network map - 2010 mac mini server on ethernet the old one is visible as billing-pc most of them are via WIFI-n DLINK router one via ethernet on the network is also mac mini server running SMB for file sharing services the server is not showing by default ether at some point i began to notice that not all computers are showing under the quot network quot in windows explorer i can easily ping all computers by IP or name without problems i can always force open the computers shared files i can force browse any computer by pc-name just fine later on i ve discovered that turning on the GUEST MODE mode in the SMB setting made all those problems disappear the full tread is described here http forums techguy org networking -windows- -problems-computers-not html few additions the new desktops do not show a log-in prompt window when connecting to a shared folder on the SMB server i don t know why the laptops require login every time and it windows 7 computers not appearing on the network map - 2010 mac mini server s easy to track the permissions also i see in the connection tab in the SMB a mysterious DENY NONE user that seems to be the one when the GUEST MODE is on Now i would like to investigate with your help why the W computers are not showing in the windows explorer network browser the GUEST MODE is more of an emergency way nbsp

A:windows 7 computers not appearing on the network map - 2010 mac mini server

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-computers-not-appearing-on-the-network-map-2010-mac-mini-server.955257/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have this Win PC plus another XP SP PC I am happy to keep them seperate and don't require networking as such being happy to share any files via external HDD or USB Flashdrive One Port of my Router conects to the mains electric circuit via a Devolo quot Ethernet over mains power quot device and both of the computers are in turn connected to the Router via Devolo So for best to Info? go Network Where they sit behind the Routers standard quot block incoming quot firewall and their own Windows Firewall It all just works quot plug Where best to go for Network Info? and play quot no software was installed for it and when I installed Win on the main PC when I was given the option of which type of Network I just selected quot Public quot The suggested option if you don't know which you want However when I replaced the faulty Router today with a new one Netgear DG I turned the Win PC on after connecting it ready to enter the ISP info and was prompted to select the type of Network for quot Network quot Again I chose quot Public quot but as I am ignorant when it comes to Networking I was wondering if I have done the right thing Am I going to end up with or networks in the future as I replace faulty routers Most of the Networking info is about proper networking and not the appropriate settings for PCs that are to remain seperate behind one Router so I would be grateful if anyone could advise where best to look for such info or give links to any recommended websites Alternatively can anyone advise whether what I have done is actually OK In which case I will be saved from reading all the Networking stuff quot Network and Sharing Centre quot just shows - This Computer - gt Network - gt Internet So I think quot Network quot might be the only network but am not sure Many thanks for any replies or links

A:Where best to go for Network Info?

You would be best off choosing the Work or Home networking options unless you plan to connect in a public place like a coffee shop.

As for a way to view network info, I prefer to use ipconfig /all "then hit enter" typed into the command prompt, this will usually tell you most of what you need to know. It will look similar to the second picture below.

If you want to change the name of the Network 2 just click on the icon and change the name. The picture below makes it more obvious.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/128428-where-best-go-network-info.html
Relevancy 62.78%

A few day before the wifi disappers, my laptop had started to lag every few seconds. I tried to find a solution for this problem, but it was of no avail. After the last time I restarted it, it did not recognize any wifi or network. the upper keys have all stopped working, and the screen has become very bright. Moreover, troubleshooting does not recognize any problem.I'd appreciate any help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/My-wifi-has-completely-disappeard-and-no-network-or-wifi/td-p/5845674
Relevancy 62.78%

My laptop is "HP G62 Notebook PC". It was working fine with Wifi last three years. Now, although the wifi network is detected it is not connecting...when I select the Wifi network and enter the wifi password it is not connected.. tried changing "roaming sensitivity" setting too..but not successful..........reinstalled the driver (ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter) too, but not working.....Internet is working using the LAN cable......Please help..............I REINSTALED WINDOWS AND THE WIFI RECOGNIZED ITSELF AS WIFI A/B/G BUT THE SAME HAPPENED I PUT DRIVES FROM HP BUT NOTHING HAPENED THE SAME PROBLEM AGAIN DOES IT HAS DATE OFF EXPIRE? WIFI CARD ID IN BIOS IS VQF-RT3090BCT HP S.............. AGAIN  

A:HP G62 Notebook Wifi not connecting although wifi network de...

Hi, You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue. 1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on. 2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers and restart the unit and check if the light turns on. 3) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website. 4) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well.  Let us know how it goes!  ****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks********Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

I am an HP Employee.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-G62-Notebook-Wifi-not-connecting-although-wifi-network/td-p/5774759
Relevancy 62.78%

My laptop is "HP G62 Notebook PC". It was working fine with Wifi last three years. Now, although the wifi network is detected it is not connecting...when I select the Wifi network and enter the wifi password it is not connected.. tried changing "roaming sensitivity" setting too..but not successful..........reinstalled the driver (ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter) too, but not working.....Internet is working using the LAN cable......Please help.............. 

Relevancy 62.35%

i dont even know where to start...
is there any special cords or software ect...that the computer need..
my host is a brand new dell and has xp home edition...other computer has windows me in it...i will be truthfull i dont think i even tryed to update it since the last time i had to wipe out everything and start new...lol

can some one explain from the begining of how to do this? i have a phone line connected to the dell and one running out the back to the other one...only one can be online at the moment. how do i make it that they can both be on at once? also can i have them share the same printer and scanner?` what about accessing files? yes i am clueless when it comes to this stuff lol! so please explain in a simple way!

A:need info on how to network two computers together.

much to explain and a tutorial has already been written here but after that i'm sure you'll have questions so post back, and welcome to TSG

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-info-on-how-to-network-two-computers-together.399592/
Relevancy 62.35%

Windows 7. My computer had a great connection through wi-fi, now it has be moved to a different residence and now has a very slow connection. The task bar indicates little connectivity (5 blank bars) but then when I LT click on the task bar to show our router name it indicates 5 green bars. How can there be a dis-connect there? Any suggestions?

Relevancy 61.49%

I recently had windows xp pro placed on my system instead of windows vista. Once I got pc back I realized that I have no network adapters installed therefore I can not get on the internet on this pc. I have contacted my computer manufacturer and due to me changing the os they refused to help me. If I can get a link to a network adapter that will work with windows xp pro I should be abel to download the adapter throught thsi pc to my zip drive and then transfer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 61.49%

My network here is set up on a Netgear routing system, i use to beable to have my computer and my brothers computer " talk". Now i cant send him anything off my system by typeing in \\Chad, says check the name and that it cannot find "\\chad" i dont know how i can do this or every really understood how to make it work right with a network cable. I can sometimes get it working with my girlfriends laptop and my laptop... when i try to connect to here a microsoft window comes up asking for a user name and password. but i know here login pass and that doesnt work. any ideas ?

A:problem sending info through network

Has anything that you know of been changed since the last time you were able to get your computer to talk?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-sending-info-through-network.439157/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello I am sharing two printers from a computer with vista home x to a computer with vista home x When I connect from the x computer to the x computer and input login credentials and check the remember password box I can connect to the printers and all is well But after awhile or if I reboot the computer those credentials logon Won't remember network info are no longer available and I have to retype them The problem this is Won't remember network logon info causing is that every time the computer reboots I need to delete and re-connect to the printers I am trying to do this through an administrator account and password protected sharing is turned off on both computers but it still comes up every time If this were a problem that arose from a new setup I would chalk it up to just not being compatible but nothing has changed in months and it worked fine for all but the last weeks How can I get this back so I don t have to fool with switching usb cables every time I want to print from these computers nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wont-remember-network-logon-info.961858/
Relevancy 61.49%

How many setup methods are there: Host pc share internet to both local connections at the same time?

Let's imagine I have 3 pc's running public network.

1x Host pc connects to internet through local connection 0, and share internet only to other pc's through
local connection 1, and local connection 2, ect.

2x client pc (to be selectively internet enabled on the host connection)

I got windows 7 32bit on all pc's, just thought I'd ask, did not realize there could be many possible setup methods.

A:Public Network share help & info

You will want to use ICS

Unless you have 3 NIC's on your PC then you will have to purchase a switch.

This is where i will recommend that you purchase a router then connect all the PC's to the router.
(with a router all 3 pcs will have a private address and be able to communicate easily.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/266807-public-network-share-help-info.html
Relevancy 61.49%

For over a year and a half now I have had a wifi extender with the name quot Joshua quot because my actual wifi doesn't work all too well In addition to that I have a USB to network be this able see over info People you send may Wifi Adapter with G internet available All of a sudden yesterday over quot Joshua quot the network I usually connect to normally and through the adapter has this message quot Other people may be able to see info you send over this network quot https gyazo com b c c e d e f I can connect to the network without a password and on my adapter this message pops up https gyazo com da aa d c a ec And my adapter doesn't need People may be able to see info you send over this network me to type in a password either When I connect to the network normally it is no where as strong as People may be able to see info you send over this network it was when it did have a password and even when I connect to it People may be able to see info you send over this network on the adapter it doesn't let me enter the quot G quot mode of it If anyone can help me solve this I would really appreciate it Thanks -Josh

A:People may be able to see info you send over this network

Welcome to the forum. If your not entering a password its open so anyone can login to your network use your internet and access your PC. It sounds as if the router has reset to default. Reset router and extender

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/129113-people-may-able-see-info-you-send-over-network.html
Relevancy 61.49%

i know the normal way to do it, but for some reason when computer boots up it is trying to connect to another wireless network, that is no longer listed, so i am guessing it is listed somewhere else maybe in the resgistry, does anyone how to completely clear out the list.

thanks
perry

A:Wireless network list

Assuming you are using Windows Wireless to manage your wireless connections...

Right Click on your wireless connection in the system tray
Click on View Available Wireless Networks
Click on Change Advanced Settings
Click on the Wireless Networks Tab
In the Preferred networks section locate the wireless connection you no longer want to connect to and click on it to highlight it and then click on Remove
Repeat for any other networks you no longer wish to connect to and then click OK when finished.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/462285/wireless-network-list/
Relevancy 61.49%

When I turn my computer to sleep mode or I turn it off, when I turn it back on my wifi network does not appear in the list of available networks. The only way I can connect is by unplugging my router and then plugging it back in. I can see my neighbours wifi in the list. My phone, Ipad and my friends laptop can connect to my wifi but i can not. As it does not appear in the list of available networks. Please help.  Thanks, Torrhen

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Network-does-not-appear-in-available-networks-list/td-p/5686917
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,
I have used the cmd command "net view" to attempt to list all computers in the network.

However, net view appears to list only the computers that lie in the current domain.

What command could I use to list all the computers that appear on the network, in any domain?

I was even thinking of running "dir" on something like My Network Places or something like that but I don't really know how to do that.

Is there a command I can use to list all computers and not just current domain?

Also, I would prefer not to download a third party program or exe to do that.

Please let me know if you can help!!

The Prince

A:How to list All Computers in Network through CMD

ThePrince, here's the problem, well not really a problem it's a security issue by design! In order to view pc in a domain "your" pc has to be a member of that domain. To accomplish that you have to have a "trust" between your domain and the domain(s) you which to see. Hence the security of domains! Beyond this your talking hacking into others networks, that I know of! Keep in mind, this is just one techs opinion!

Take care!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/170845-how-list-all-computers-network-through-cmd.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I HAVE HEARD THAT ONE CAN SHARE INFORMATION BETWEEN TWO COMPUTERS BY WAY OF A NETWORK CABLE ATTACHED TO ONE COMPUTER TO ANOTHER. HOW IS THIS DONE?

A:Sending Info Between Computers With Network Cable

You need a cat 5 patch cable
http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/s...yId=10255&secondlevelCatName=Wired+(Ethernet)
and you need to set up a workgroup with static ip addresses.
if you wanna know i can explain how.

edit - Dont post in all caps please

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sending-info-between-computers-with-network-cable.622367/
Relevancy 61.06%

i have a W10 machine that i need someone outside my home to connect to with teamviewer and fix some items for me. this may or may not be done when i am around.

since i have my onedrive, chrome, etc.. that i wouldne want someone to access as well as not being able to use the Network to access the rest of my PC's on the network what is the next way to set this up?

i looked for a Guest account but looked like W10 wanted an email to send link to or something.

i appreciate any suggestions or guidelines on how to set this up.

thanks

A:Sharing PC's To Outside User and Protect My Info and Network

Welcome to the forum. To fix a problem the person will need to be admin so he can then get to all your files and other pcs there isnt a simple way to stop this all you can do is be in front of the pc and watch and pull the plug if needed but even with that he may do things you dont understand and plant things on your pc

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/67889-sharing-pcs-outside-user-protect-my-info-network.html
Relevancy 61.06%

File sharing is turned off. Some network devices and printers might not be visible. Click to change..
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! I appreciate your help with disabling an annoying message. The above message, with a yellow background, appears in a pop-up information panel within This PC/Windows Explorer while browsing the network. It can be X'd away but will reappear the next time the network is browsed or when navigating into the network section of Windows Explorer.

What causes the message is that for my network adapter options I prefer to keep File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks UNchecked. I share no resources from this local system. I do however reach out to access a network drive and printer in the workgroup. This all works just fine. The only thing I want to change is the above yellow information panel.

Any tips for disabling or hiding that message? Thanks!

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/50529-yellow-info-panel-when-browsing-network.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi Thank you for taking time to read this My friend who network here's access questions, help info my ipconfig from please with lives next door and less than feet away just got a high speed Comcast cable wireless modem and said I could access it gave me the WEP pwd SO wanting to save a bit each month I thought I d try it only it seems to be a weak signal - It does please help with network access questions, here's my info from ipconfig connect and what I have and reset was bellsouth dsl Should I keep the bellsouth dsl or should I buy a netgear widget to boost the signal from the wireless home network gateway through Comcast that my friend offered I got connected to the Comcast gateway was online for a few hours and then when the power went out for ten seconds or so which happens often here the quot network adapter could not connect quot If you were in my shoes would you buy something to connect to the network or let it go The following is what is there after redoing dsl What does the media disconnected part mean Do I need to keep Dhcp enabled re What does ethernet wireless adapter mean and how is that different from the Dlink network adapter G ver B that I please help with network access questions, here's my info from ipconfig have plugged it usb THANK YOU I ve spent hours trying to figure this out over the last few days Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Carmen Higgins gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host please help with network access questions, here's my info from ipconfig Name FAMILY Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description D-Link AirPlus G DWL-G Wireless U SB Adapter rev B Physical Address - - -E -F - Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connecti on Physical Address - - - - C- B Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Tuesday August PM Lease Expires Wednesday August P M C Documents and Settings Carmen Higgins gt nbsp

A:please help with network access questions, here's my info from ipconfig

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-with-network-access-questions-heres-my-info-from-ipconfig.609926/
Relevancy 61.06%

I found no solution in Windows Explorer's View menu, Options, and Help.

I would suspect it was due to me shutting down some 'process' or 'service' (2 weeks ago), but as far as I can see, all possibly-relevant processes and services are now running.

A related issue was raised by someone else and responded to by me here: Can't Rate Media in Explorer (Vista Home).

Quote:

A few days ago I was able to rate my mp3's and videos in Windows Explorer (0 to 5 star ratings), at the bottom of the window pane. You give it a rating, hit the save button, and there you go! But now I can't anymore.

I'm using:
Vista Home Premium SP1

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/thumbnails-and-details-section-not-appearing-at-bottom-of-windows-explorer-342007.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello!

I just purchased a Dell Optiplex SX 260 and it came installed with ubuntu. I reformatted and installed Windows XP Pro on it. I attempted to connect to the internet and it was unable to. I navigated to the Network Connections Page and there were no networks listed there. I had plugged an ethernet cable straight into the computer pre-installation, but it wont detect a network. Help!

Thank you!
~Demons

A:New Install of XP has empty network list

Check in Device Manager for missing drivers. Best to get from Dell's web site the chipset (install first), networking and any other drivers needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-install-of-xp-has-empty-network-list.949409/
Relevancy 60.63%

My wireless network for some reason will drop even though im almost at 100% and my wireless will connect to my neighbors open signal instead which is very slow and weak.

can i remove or block this network so my pc only will see my network. I hate having to manualy do this.

A:Can I remove a wireless network from available list?

Remove it from the list of networks to automatically connect to. That obviously won't solve the problem of your home network connection dropping, but it will prevent your computer from connecting to the other network instead.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-remove-a-wireless-network-from-available-list.512640/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi I m struggling to get my head Wireless list from 7} disappears {Win Network around this Forgive me but I m not tech-smart when it comes to Networking I have this issue that happened Wireless disappears from Network list {Win 7} overnight My wireless suddenly disappeared from my Networking list It was connected to it before And now I cannot connect it via wireless I have Window I can confirm that my wireless adapter is ON and its device is up-to-date My adapter is Intel R Pro Wireless ABG Network Connection Router Linksys WRT g After my internet browser stopped loading working properly Not responding sometimes occurs even though my wireless was at full bars So I decided to reset the router and modem which is when hell broke loose I am asking for your help with hardwired cable to my router under the same Username My router disappeared from the list Strageties I ve tried are these following I have a Username and that long password but Wireless disappears from Network list {Win 7} would not allow me log in- tried as quot admin quot and my router s name and respectively put the long password So I went to IPCONFIG to find the gateway ip but I get nought Media disconnected flooded the cmd I checked networking center but my router username is found in my network profiles and tried to diagnose troubleshoot all it said that it s not in range and could not fix it Tried to search for online help but routers and operating system varied so their certain directions were not the same Any ideas Any help would be so greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

Hi everyone,
I am using a Windows 2008 R2 domain controller and File Server. Whenever I add a network printer I always make sure the "List in the Directory" (meaning Active Directory) is checked under the sharing tab in the properties of each printer. On Windows XP machines I can go through the add printer wizard and it finds all printers in the domain.

On windows 7 professional clients when I got to Add Printer then select "Add a Network, Wireless, or Bluetooth printer" it does not find any network printers from my file server. I have the file and print sharing enabled on the win7 clients and the File Server.

I'm not sure why Win7 clients (Win 7 pro 64 bit) won't show the list of network printers from that file server. Any ideas?

Raj

A:Unable to see network printers in list

I am having this same issue. Did you figure out what the problem was?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/143098-unable-see-network-printers-list.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello everyone

When I click on "Network and Internet" option in Control Panel, I don't see the network I am connected to. (i.e. The computer icon, then the network icon and the Internet with the world icon.)

All I can see is "unknown" and below that in blue letters more info. When I click on "more info" the following message pops out:

"Do you want to turn on Network List Service?"

and the message is followed by information on what this service does.

When I click "turn on" nothing happens but the Internet works fine.

I googled that and found only one solution but that didn't work for me.

This is the solution I tried with no luck: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-networking/network-list-service-will-not-turn-on/fbbda2cc-1609-4628-a21b-b77c180c148b

Can somebody please help me? Any suggestions please?

Many thanks

A:Network Service List does not turn on

Hi goude, welcome to 7F

When it is asking you:

Quote:
"Do you want to turn on Network List Service?"

It is referring to the Service in Services Follow the tutorial, and find the Network List Service.

Mine is set to Started - Manual, the tutorial will show you how to change it if yours is different.

There seems to be a problem with your link, my FF can not find the location.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/186398-network-service-list-does-not-turn.html
Relevancy 60.63%

So first off I have a Sony Vaio Flip with windows I used to have two separate windows ID's I deleted the second windows login long ago I recently purchased a smart TV and the current ID and the old ID are showing on the TV's input options as networks Now I don't want to confuse anyone with my lack of tech lingo but the two windows logins are wireless access to that specific users files and such These two quot networks quot are not associated with my wireless network I use to connect to the internet via my smart TV laptop or iPhone Not sure if this is a windows related issue or maybe those quot networks quot are related to a feature on my laptop because the networks are named VAIO stwinlogin yaXXo com amp VAIO ndwinlogin yaXXo com and these do not show up as up Old showing keeps on windows ID list network available options on my wifi list say on the laptop or my iPhone they are showing up on my smart TV however I have deleted the windows login that I want gone already I just need help getting that nd ID to not show up on my TV I have already read a lot on different forums trying to figure this out and have tried the managing known networks thing and these Vaio networks do not show in the known networks list I have also tried going to the registry and checking for the network profile but found nothing there either Any help would be appreciated Thank you Old windows ID keeps showing up on network list

A:Old windows ID keeps showing up on network list

They are Microsoft user accounts, not networks.
Your Vaio has connected with your Smart TV already, if you have two M.S. accounts, it wants to know which one to access details from.
To prevent it showing you need to delete the account in it's entirety, not just from your laptop.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/old-windows-id-keeps-showing-up-on-network-list-1003962.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a W2K system that came in for an upgrade with an odd issue. It has very slow network browsing, especially via the router to the Internet. I've done most of the usual things, replaced the LAN, removed all the networking components and replaced them, and virus and spyware scans. I don't see anything that jumps out at me, but it's still not working. Another curious issue, when I run Norton System Works to do a registry scan, it hangs just when it's going to present the list of problems to correct.

I suspect something's grabbed the system, but I have been unable to determine what. I've attached the HiJackThis listing, hopefully someone will spot something I've missed. I'll post a follow-up with the startup list.

A:Slow Network? - HiJack This List

I don't see your HJT list

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-network-hijack-this-list.158987/
Relevancy 60.63%

I'm working on a Win Ultimate x - Up to date with latest updates I have a small 'work' network with computers on it several Win one Win XP x one Win Xp several Linux computers of inaccurate Network list and The Linux machines communicate with Windows machines via Samba I turn these computers turn on and off as I use them IE the computers that are running on the network vary from time to time When I open a Windows Explorer and click on Networks the only Network list of computers inaccurate time that I will see an accurate representation of the computers that are actually running is right after boot Sometimes I can see an icon for a computer that Network list of computers inaccurate I know is turned off Sometimes there is no icon for a computer that I know is Network list of computers inaccurate running This only happens with the Win machines XP and XP x work fine I have played with the Advanced Sharing setting continuously but with no luck Network Discovery is always turned on as is file and print sharing and -bit encryption Right now Password Protected Sharing is off and I'm using user accounts and passwords to connect to other computers There doesn't appear to be rhythm or reason why on computer's icon will appear while another will not The OS of the other computers doesn't matter It appears to be real hit and miss I'm lost as what to try next There is a related oddity The network keeps changing names and even type of network I generally run this computer for days weeks at a time I looked today and suddenly it was a Public network All Windows computer are set to 'work network' I'd appreciate any help or direction of investigation Wiggly

A:Network list of computers inaccurate

Welcome to Seven Forums,

I'd look first on physical cabling of your network, is this professionally done? What type of network cables are you using? Also, interference might cause this issue. Check on what type of network Switch(es) you're using, are they old? Gig switches might be viable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/317070-network-list-computers-inaccurate.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi.

I am not sure about this is the words in english, I have Vista Danish.

But I have problem with this service it wont start, but I am on the internet?.
In the start menu line I see 2 pc but with a red cross over.

Have do I start the list again, anyone who have seen this problem before?

Regards
Vega

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/213079-service-network-list-not-running.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Ive never had problems with my laptop or networking till today.

I cant open the network list or options,ive tryed going through the control panel but when i press "connect to a network" it wont load.and when i try to click the icon on the bar it wont pop up either.

The only way i can connect to the internet right now is through plugging it straight to the modem since i have it set to auto connect,but i cant connect to the WiFi since the list wont show.ive ran a virus scan but it didnt bring up anything.

Is there any way to fix this problem?or do i have to go get someone to fix it like bestbuy?

A:Network list or options will not open

Quote: Originally Posted by SCProgrammer

Ive never had problems with my laptop or networking till today.

I cant open the network list or options,ive tryed going through the control panel but when i press "connect to a network" it wont load.and when i try to click the icon on the bar it wont pop up either.

The only way i can connect to the internet right now is through plugging it straight to the modem since i have it set to auto connect,but i cant connect to the WiFi since the list wont show.ive ran a virus scan but it didnt bring up anything.

Is there any way to fix this problem?or do i have to go get someone to fix it like bestbuy?

Have you tried to run diagnostics on the wifi hardware? Perhaps it is failing?

Or perhaps, uninstall/reinstall the drivers for it, if that is possible?

hth

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/188606-network-list-options-will-not-open.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello, I have two wireless networks at home, and one is faster than the other. This is because the slower one is wired to my desktop, and the modem and router are the same box. So I would like to remove the slower from machines wireless connected. I searched the forum, and got a solution, the command below, but the answer, as can be read, is that the filter does not exist in the system. I am attaching a screen that shows GVT-15DF at the list of connections. Thanks a lot.

C:\Users\larau>netsh wlan delete filter permission=allow ssid="GVT-15DF" networktype=infrastructure
O filtro nao existe no sistema.

A:Cannot remove wireless network from list.

Hello laqa,

You would want to delete its wireless network profile instead. You could use the command below to delete the "GVT-15DF" profile, but you can't be connected to it to be able to delete it.

netsh wlan delete profile name="GVT-15DF"

Wireless Network Profile - Delete in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/37534-cannot-remove-wireless-network-list.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello I have a wireless adsl router in preparation for broadband arriving in our area soon long story and have some questions Network help!?!? Wifi Wifi Router / I have a laptop with wifi card and want to setup a home network with this and my PC plugged-in via LAN Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? cable to the router laptop is XP PC is Win Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? K I can t seem to get this to work one minute the PC can see the laptop in network neighbourhood and then the other way round but I can never access shared directories on either is there a good guide somewhere to Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? set this up Also shouldn t I be able to use the router from the PC as if it were a wifi card i e on the laptop once the wifi card is plugged in it displays all wifi networks in the area and their signal strength etc how can I do this using the router PC With the laptop I can connect to our neighbours wifi router and use their bradband connection but I want to do the same from the PC is that possible Thanks in advance all P S router is a D-Link DSL- nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

I have a Vista laptop and two XP desktops networked up here at home. I just reformatted one of the XP desktops and now when I try to access it through either of the other two machines it asks me for a User name and password. I've tried just putting in the User account info that is set on the PC, as that method seems to work with accessing my laptop through either PC but it doesn't seem to work with my desktops. In the past I had this problem and I found a registry tweak that bypassed the whole User info screen. I would like to have an access prompt for user info but if anyone knows the registry answer that would be a nice temporary fix. This is not urgent but I do appreciate any help anyone is willing to offer. Thanks

Relevancy 60.2%

I have a Dell XPS 420 with Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit operating system. It has served me well but my place took a lightning strike a couple weeks ago and I believe it fried the factory Ethernet connection. I need to add an aftermarket network card. In my research I have read some blogs about people installing aftermarket cards and then their computer doesn't want to boot up. I just want to avoid their troubles.
I would like some professional or experienced opinions on which network card / adapter would be most compatible with my system. I would prefer an Ethernet card but will go with wifi card if majority opinion points me in that direction.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 60.2%

Hey I got this problem, I am trying to copy a network profile from a computer running under a domain, i got myself admin rights, but I can't copy the profile!

I tried exporting it via netsh too, but It dosen't work ;c

I tried one last thing, entering group policy (I am local admin not domain adamin) but I could not find wlan policies! Please help me

imgur: the simple image sharer
imgur: the simple image sharer

A:Copying network info with group policy protection?

Welcome to Seven Forums,

I'd assume you were trying to copy a User Profile and not a network profile? If it has restrictions in your GPO you'll have to ask your Network Admin or whoever setup the GPO.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/327056-copying-network-info-group-policy-protection.html