Windows Support Forum

Network Adapter (no WiFi)

Q: Network Adapter (no WiFi)

Hi there,

I bought today Lenovo Y50-70, it was without OS, so i installed windows 7 on it. Now im facing
problem, where at internet access there are no available wifi connections. So i installed WLAN driver from
the Lenovo support, also didn't help. I don't know much about drivers, but it seems that under device manager
-> Network Adapters is wireless network adapter or something like that missing and im out of ideas how to
fix it.
Btw, under network adapters are only bluetooth devices and my wireless usb device.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Network Adapter (no WiFi)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Network Adapter (no WiFi)

Tried Fn + F5?

Any option to enable/disable WLAN in BIOS?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/371530-network-adapter-no-wifi.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello I registered to forums to get help to solve wireless adapter issue I am having I have been looking for help to IP could Wifi adapter network stack protocol bind not adapter in Wifi adapter could not bind IP protocol stack to network adapter Lenovo forums and AV provider problem is still on Background I changed AV software from Symantec to F-Secure I uninstalled Symantec software and installed F-Secure software Laptop is Lenovo T What happened First I recognized that ping commands caused Windows to crash Then I uninstalled some VPN softwares and ping started to work Operation did something to wireless and LAN connections they did not work anymore LAN started to work by removing LAN drivers from device manager and reboot After reboot Windows reinstalled LAN drivers and LAN was ok Wireless is a pain in there I have tried almost everything All Lenovo provided network softwares and power management tools are uninstalled and reinstalled together with wireless drivers Wireless driver is not recognized by Windows None of automatic repairs or wifi uninstallation operations have corrected problem I collected some logs which might help but now I do not know how to proceed Windows reinstallation is something which I do not want to do ------ Device Manager Device Manager has quot Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Wifi adapter could not bind IP protocol stack to network adapter There are no devices with exclamation marks ------ Lenovo software diagnose repair log Issues found Detection details There might be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection adapter Detected Detected Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter Set up the wireless network adapter Completed Set up the network adapter to communicate with this network This ensures that both Internet Protocol Version TCP IPv and Internet Protocol Version TCP IPv can be used on the network adapter InformationalNetwork Diagnostics Log File Name BF E - CA- E E- EDA- D CDCCE Repair Admin etl The wireless network adapter is experiencing problems Completed Windows Help and Support can provide more information about resolving driver or hardware issues Detection details Expand InformationalDiagnostics Information Network Adapter Details about network adapter diagnosis Network adapter Wireless Network Connection driver information Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Manufacturer Intel Corporation Provider Intel Version Inf File Name C Windows INF oem inf Inf File Date July Section Name Install MPCIEX Lenovo HMC BGN WIN Hardware ID pci ven amp dev amp subsys Instance Status Flags x a Device Manager Status Code IfType Physical Media Type ------- It seems there is collision between Windows registry and device manager What can I do to repair wireless Thank for your help

A:Wifi adapter could not bind IP protocol stack to network adapter

Hi Ron, Welcome to Sevenforums.

Try this to start

Control Panel > Administration Tools > Computer Management > Services & Applications > Services.

Scroll down this list to find 'WLAN Auto Config'

Double click on 'WLAN Auto Config' On the general tab, select from the start up type drop down menu, select 'Automatic'. Under Service Status click on 'Start'. Then 'Apply' these settings and exit from all open control panel windows.

This should then allow Windows to set the required bindings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/314713-wifi-adapter-could-not-bind-ip-protocol-stack-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello guys, hope someone can help me figure out whats going on with my tablet (WinBook). I've installed W10 few weeks ago since then never had any problems with it, but today I noticed I cannot connect to wifi. it's gone from Network settings, if I open "connection" icon on task bar I only see Airplane mode..Network adapter from Device manager is also gone. I have no idea what to do now...
I did try this - connect to internet via Bluetooth from Lumia phone and with Intel Driver Update Utility scanned tablet, only thing it found is update for Graphics driver.. what else can I do?

A:W10 - Network Adapter is missing - no WiFi. What can I do?

I don't know why you are using the intel driver update, but maybe you should get the drivers from the oem tablet?
maybe you should look in the update settings history and see if you got some weird thing there or anything.
maybe check updates with the bluetooth connection, or scan for hardware changes in device manager.
I tried to get you the link of Winbook drivers, BUT I am not sure if it's microcentertech and if that's the one the made your tablet, well their site is crap. maybe you should give some exact model or anything. I am sure if we got the wifi driver and you installed it, everything would go back to normal.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/383899-w10-network-adapter-missing-no-wifi-what-can-i-do.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello,

Got a very annoying problem - my wifi network adapter (Atheros AR5007EG wirelss network adapter) works just fine for about 50 minutes - and then it shuts down and disappears as if it's not installed on the computer. To make it work, I have to shut down the computer and turn it on again.
Does anyone know the reason for this annoying problem?

Thanks!

Relevancy 64.07%

I've Windows 10 Pro (RTM 10240.16430) and I can't update my wifi adapter (TL-WN8200ND) with the last driver because the installer says me that the actual drive is the best installed. How I can force the installation of the new one?
The installed is Realtek 1027.4.1120.2014 and I wish to install the TP-LINK USB Adapter Realtek Wireless Driver 1030.0.515.2015 that I downloaded from download.windowsupdate.com: (20753288_ffc547d708da14eef0ff4ec6c4639dfd050f89df.cab).
Thanks in advance.

A:Updating my WiFi network adapter in Windows 10.

Just a guess here...

If you downloaded the driver from windows updates website...then check settings - system - apps & features - here on the top you will see manage optional features...click manage optional features - click add (internet connections is required) - here it will show optional updates available for your system...click any & you will see install tab. Check if your driver is available there.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/updating-my-wifi-network-adapter-in-windows-10.49666/
Relevancy 64.07%

cannot see wifi options anywhere in setting.
and my wifif adapter is intel dual band wirless AC 8260.
but i can connect to internet through ethernet.
Please help

A:Wifi adapter missing from network settings.

It's possible that driver is wrong/corrupted, did you try reinstalling it ?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/57188-wifi-adapter-missing-network-settings.html
Relevancy 64.07%

cannot see wifi options anywhere in setting.
and my wifif adapter is intel dual band wirless AC 8260.
but i can connect to internet through ethernet.
Please help

A:Wifi adapter missing from network settings.

It's possible that driver is wrong/corrupted, did you try reinstalling it ?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/57188-wifi-adapter-missing-network-settings.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Taken the IDE hard drive (with Windows 8.1 installed) out of HP Pavilion 15-e72sa laptop and replaced it with a Crucial SSD drive, then installed Windows 7 but cannot get an internet connection. There are yellow warning markers in Device Manager next to the Network Adapter and Ethernet Controller. The laptop has a Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11bgn Wifi Adapter for which I can only find a driver which is for Windows 8. Tried and tried to find a suitable Windows 7 driver version to no avail. I would really appreciate any advice.

A:Can't Find Network Wifi Adapter Driver

qurios, welcome to the windows 7 forum. Have you looked at the HP website for the model of laptop?
they usually have drivers for most OS's. Sometimes the Vista driver will work on windows 7 if it is an older laptop.

you need the motherboard drivers as well as the network device drivers and video card drivers.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/319240-cant-find-network-wifi-adapter-driver.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello,

Really need your help
My laptop's internet connection is suddenly gone. The wifi button's light is red but the status on wireless assistant says ON. Everytime i press it the light wont change colour (still red) but the wireless assistant keep showing its on and off (as i press it)
No wireless modem detected on network, while the wifi modem works properly on other gadgets.

tried run - cmd - ipconfig /all the result below

host name . . . .. . . : User-PC
Primary dns suffix .. .. . . :
Node type . . .. . . . .. . . . Hybrid
Ip routing Enabledd . . . . : No
WINS Proxy enabled . . .. No

Tunnel adapter local area connection*12:
media state : media disconnected
connection-specific dns suffix :
Decription : Teredo Tunneling pseudo-Interface
Physical address : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP enabled : No
Autoconfiguration enabled : Yes
when I go to device manager the network adapter are missing (not on sub menu), there is "other device - network controller with both have question mark icon

please help
thanks

Relevancy 64.07%

Hi All,
Did a windows update and now wifi not working. Just a red x and networking center shows adapter not connected. I tried doing a restore and no luck. Then tried updating driver and restarting no luck. Tried deleting all network adapters and search for hardware and nothing. I know adapter working.... got it going on my laptop. Device manager shows adapter working fine.....Tried disconnecting network in services and restart no luck.
any ideas ?

A:have red x wifi.....network shows adapter not connected

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... What is the Model Number of your Computer ? ...

Can you Please Post a screenshot of the Device Manager ..

With the Network Adapters extended .. Also View Hidden Devices ..

The Link below will help you achieve this ..
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/350158-have-red-x-wifi-network-shows-adapter-not-connected.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a pretty new ASUS SonicMaster laptop.

Worked great for about a month.

Then no WIFI. Checked device manager and only the Family Ethernet device was present.

Then a few reboots later it appeared again. Since then it just randomly appears and goes missing.

It's a Qualcomm Atheros AR9485

Driver version is 10.0.0.287

Driver date is 3/25/2014

Windows says the driver is up to date. Tried installing Windows 10. Same problem. Tried a fresh install of Win 8.1. Same problem. The laptop has barely left my table so hasn't been knocked around at all.

Any help much appreciated. I don't really want to buy a WIFI dongle so would like to get the laptop sorted. Thanks in advance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/wifi-network-adapter-keeps-randomly-going-missing-1065386.html
Relevancy 64.07%

My desktop computer loses connection regularly and I cannot locate as to why. I have many other devices throughout the house at various locations which maintain a connection fine.

When the connection drops it still displays I am connected, but there is clearly no connectivity.

I've tried toggling between two devices, one an eternal PCI adapter and the other a USB adapter. I get interruptions on both, so my conclusion is there must be a setting causing this.

The desktop has been moved to other locations just in case of interference, and I've tried channel swapping as well.

A:Network interruptions with both internal and usb wifi adapter.

I would suggest choosing a single wifi device and uninstalling any wifi utilities that you have installed, or drivers for any other wifi device (including disconnecting them). Then follow this tutorial to see if it helps at all with the single wifi device you have installed (created by Dinesh): Internet Troubleshooting Guide

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/239855-network-interruptions-both-internal-usb-wifi-adapter.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello! I'm having a problem with my wifi. I have an asus laptop my OS is windows 8 pro. So im connecting to the internet fine just for like 4 or 5 hours maybe the whole day sometimes. Then my wifi just disconnects and the networks dissappear one by one and then there is no network. Tried turning off and on the wifi. No change, only solution is to restart my pc and hope it wont happen again. I tried troubleshooting. It fixed the problem 2 times and connected back. And it won't fix anymote. It said it had some probelm with access point. Pls help me! The problem keeps repeating. Fine for hours then keeps disconnecting

Relevancy 63.21%

Hello... After a random update of windows 10 I have been left with no wifi adapter. In device manager under network adapters there is no software for wireless connection (e.g Ralink wireless driver).But below in other devices there is a network controller which has an error... I have tried updating the driver windows manages to locate software (Ralink RT5390R 802.11bgn WiFi Adapter) but encounters an error while installing. I have also tried downloading network adapters and installing them but no action seems to occur even after restarting. I need wireless internet again any help will be greatly appreciated. Kind regards Aiden. (Screenshot of device manager)

A:Network Controller error, no wifi adapter after windows 10 u...

Hi: The only suggestion I can offer would be to try the W10 driver directly from Mediatek. http://www.mediatek.com/en/downloads1/downloads/pcimpcicbrt2860rt2760rt2890/

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Network-Controller-error-no-wifi-adapter-after-windows-10/td-p/5818199
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi

I have Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on a Dell Inspiron Laptop. I also have Ubuntu 11.10 as a dual boot option on this machine.

Recently I got a BSOD with the following error -

DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE

Since then Windows does not recognize the Wifi network adapter. It is not there in the Device Manager at all.

It does not seem to be a hardware problem because when I boot using Ubuntu, the Wifi works without any problem.

Can anyone guide me how to solve this issue. Since the adapter is not being listed in the device manager, I don't know how to update or reinstall drivers.

Thanks

A:Wifi Network Adapter not detected by Windows & after BSOD

Whats the model of your Dell Inspiron ? Once you post that I can lead you to where to download the appropriate driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/244926-wifi-network-adapter-not-detected-windows-after-bsod.html
Relevancy 63.21%

My wifi adapter either faults out where me here insane!! Some Wifi p... network clarity adapter driving a yellow triangle appears on the wifi icon fails to be recognized by the network adapters in which case a computer screen appears where the signals bar usually is doesn't pick up any signal red x to indicate etc nbsp You get the idea When I change the wifi adapter through device manager it may or may not temporarily be restored I can also change the adapter properties which seems to Wifi network adapter driving me insane!! Some clarity here p... have the effect of kind of kick starting the adapter and I may or may not get signal bars again And if all that fails I restart the machine and go through the above processes again - in the hope that I get lucky and some signal bars appear nbsp Intensely frustrating I am lucky now as I have some signal but it may go Wifi network adapter driving me insane!! Some clarity here p... on the blink again at any given moment nbsp Please contact me to assist in rectifying this situation ASAP as I use my laptop for study and I can get NOTHING done with this situation nbsp I know previously a customer service advisor had gone into my computer took control of it from your location and fixed a problem previously Something like that would be swell nbsp I DO NOT WANT to have to erase windows and reinstall as I lose my apps and settings nbsp I have read on support forums other users have tried this due to this problem also seems to be common without success As well as uninstalling the wifi adapter restarting etc nbsp Please send your crew of most competent technicians to solve this dilemma

A:Wifi network adapter driving me insane!! Some clarity here p...

What model laptop do you have? What Windows version? This is not HP Support. We are fellow end users who can support self-help but have no means to send a technician or even remotely take control of your computer. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-network-adapter-driving-me-insane-Some-clarity-here/td-p/5741595
Relevancy 63.21%

I want to start by has no card? Do I a WLAN HELP! options?! Network new need WiFi Adapter saying I have no business trying to fix this on my own but I am determined it has to be something simple I can not pin point what I did to cause my Wi Fi to stop working or disable I have tried all the trouble shooting solutions but unfortunately my magic F button will not enable let alone show the option when ghosted I took my keyboard off and verified the Realtek RTL SE is in fact there however next to Do I need a new WLAN card? Network Adapter has no WiFi options?! HELP! Network adapters only the PCIe FE Family Controller is listed I recently tried to download the Fix offered by Toshiba and Windows restarted my computer and it is still not recognizing my Wi Fi Please tell me its an easy fix or just that I need to buy a new card Any advice is greatly appreciated But please give me the Windows Do I need a new WLAN card? Network Adapter has no WiFi options?! HELP! for Dummies version because again I have no clue what I am doing Thanks again for any help offered Racheal

A:Do I need a new WLAN card? Network Adapter has no WiFi options?! HELP!

Under network adapters, I included all the "Hidden Devices" in the screen capture! However the Family Controller is the only one listed otherwise.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/206288-do-i-need-new-wlan-card-network-adapter-has-no-wifi-options-help.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I bought a WIFI LAN Wireless Network Adapter Dongle

I have win xp home on my laptop where i'm trying to install it.
when I plug it in - I hear a noise that it connected but it's not prompting me to install it.
How do I install and configure this?

A:installing a WIFI LAN Wireless Network Adapter Dongle

if there was a driver disk with it, run setup on that. If you are on Vista the driver may need to be upgraded. You may need to be on SP2 or later on XP. Once the system recognises the device you will need to know the password to access a secure network.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installing-a-wifi-lan-wireless-network-adapter-dongle-406413.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I recently purchased a Asus Q A which uses the Intel Centrino Wireless-N internal adapter Wifi has always worked properly until I installed VurtualBox After VirtualBox Lose install Network new Detection after Wifi adapter installed new adapters I completely lost Lose Wifi Network Detection after new adapter install my Wifi connection to the local network I tried looking for my wifi through the network manager and Windows does not show any wifi networks What I tried was uninstalling the wifi driver reinstalling the wifi drivers form Intel and Asus websites Manually deleting ALL the wifi Drivers then trying to reinstall When using Intel's Wifi Network Manager with this utility I can see all the networks around and and actually connect with the tools but that does not give me network back and windows still won't see any networks I ended up restoring from a restore point and it went back to normal The same issue occured when installing OpenVPN when it added its' adapter after reboot I lost Wifi connectivity again and had to use a restore point I am hoping there Lose Wifi Network Detection after new adapter install is some fix before I take back the laptop PLEASE HELP Justin

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/14249-lose-wifi-network-detection-after-new-adapter-install.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a Toshiba L S laptop and I recently did a fresh Windows XP installation on it After the installation i updated to SP and proceeded to install the drivers directly from the Toshiba website http www csd toshiba com cgi-bin ter amp selCategory amp selFamily However after installing the Intel R a b g b g Driver V V amp PROSet V v - - M driver and the Inprocomm Wireless LAN Driver for Windows XP v rc - - M driver I cannot get the WiFi working I am very inexperienced with WiFi but found problem not installation) network adapter - WiFi (fresh XP I am generally good working with computers When the computer WiFi problem - network adapter not found (fresh XP installation) starts up I get an error message from the toolbar saying quot Adapter Problem Driver not found quot When I double click on this message s icon it bring up the Intel R PROset Wireless Software program and prompts me that quot Intel R PROset Wireless was unable to detect a supported wireless adapter Please install a supported adapter quot Under the Device Manager there are two listings for Network adapters INPROCOMM IPN Wireless LAN Card and Realtek RTL Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC Both say they are working properly The reason for a fresh XP install was because of a virus It s a friend s laptop and it did not have anything important on the laptop so I figured I would just start from scratch with a format and reinstall I found the drivers on the Toshiba website so I did not anticipate any problems The WiFi was working fine before this occurred so I can rule out a hardware issue Also I can connect to the internet without a problem using an Ethernet cord I could do this before installing any updates or drivers If this means anything on the bottom of the PC it says quot Foxconn T N b g WLAN Card quot I have searched for this driver and found http www wireless-driver com wifi ambit htm but it did not help the situation Can anyone help me with this It seems like a fairly easy problem to solve but I have put in a lot of hours to no avail nbsp

A:WiFi problem - network adapter not found (fresh XP installation)

You either have the Intel wifi card or the Inprocomm, not both. Since device manager says the Inprocomm is installed and working, uninstal the Intel wifi driver and reboot. If you are still having issues look for a physical switch on the laptop that turns the wifi on and off or a hot key, just as FN + F2.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-problem-network-adapter-not-found-fresh-xp-installation.945744/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a Desktop computer and its running Windows XP and for some reason i cant connect to the network using my USB Wifi addapter It use to work but then suddenly it stoped working after my computer froze while playing a game Anyways its just says that quot not connected quot I tried refreshing the network list but still doesnt work I have also checked Wifi Belkin using Desktop connect Can not in USB XP my Network Adapter to Windows multiple times if i put the correct password and its correct Sometimes it connects and i try opening IE or Chrome and IE says quot Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage quot And Google Chrome says quot ERROR net ERR INTERNET DISCONNECTED The Internet Connection has been lost quot I also checked Windows Firewall and checked if Windows Firewall was blocking these two But it wasn t And there are times when it connects but then disconects And its weird becuse my iPod Touch and my brother s laptop have no problems connecting to the network So i dont know how to fix this anymore And i have Can not connect to Network in my Windows XP Desktop using Belkin USB Wifi Adapter this problem for about months already PLEASE HELP ME nbsp

A:Can not connect to Network in my Windows XP Desktop using Belkin USB Wifi Adapter

you could try logging into the router and removing the wireless security and see if it can then connect - if it can , add the security back on and see if connects

can we see a device manager screen shot - also try a tcp/ip reset
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Device Manager
Post back the results in device manager
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the screen shot and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

how to access device manager for different windows versions
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000833.htm

Hold the Windows key and press Pause key, should open to allow device manager to be seen

on a laptop you may need to use Hold the Windows key and press FN key + the pause key

if this does not work then -
-------------------
Start > control Panel > system > {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} > +

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2/SP3

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults, type: netsh int ip reset reset.log and press enter

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults, type: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

ReStart (reboot) the machine.

Please note and post back - if you receive the following message :-
Access is Denied

please post back the results in a reply here - its important we know that these commands have worked correctly and not produced any errors
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Details also here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-not-connect-to-network-in-my-windows-xp-desktop-using-belkin-usb-wifi-adapter.1067002/
Relevancy 62.78%

OS Windows Hardware Sony VAIO Powered by AC History The computer is about years old and the symptoms Wifi at Adapter Network times (Windows random drops 7) out described below started either abruptly or gradually some - months ago Symptoms The network access icon in the right of my task bar will show - bars of signal strength I'll leave the computer for several hours and Wifi Network Adapter drops out at random times (Windows 7) when I come back it shows bars with a red x over it I click it Wifi Network Adapter drops out at random times (Windows 7) select troubleshoot and the Windows Network Diagnostics window pops up and says quot Problems found quot A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken quot - Detected quot Problem with wireless adapter or access point quot - Fixed upon which the icon goes back to or bars and I resume my network connectivity This takes all of one minute or less However if I need to do a lengthy download this unexpected action will stop the download in the middle of the night TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS I tried a side-by-side comparison with another laptop and the Sony VAIO lost the network connection in the manner described above while the other computer didn't I went to Manage Wireless Networks removed all networks including my home network and then rebuilt the wireless networks by re-entering my home network I was then able to access my network However the wireless network adapter still shut off in the middle of the night I went to Power Settings Change advanced power settings Advanced settings Wireless Adapter Settings Power Saving Mode and observed that quot Plugged in quot states quot Maximum Performance quot Thanks for your help

A:Wifi Network Adapter drops out at random times (Windows 7)

This might help - the following commands restore Windows IP and Winsock to known good values

Open an Elevated Command Prompt

Tip
Standard keyboard shortcuts for Copy (Ctrl-C) and Paste (Ctrl-V) shortcuts do not work in Command Prompt.

Enabling the Quick Edit Mode in Command Prompt makes Copy and Paste operations easier.
See step 4 in Command Prompt - Copy to Clipboard to enable it.

Copy in Command Prompt: hightlight the text you want to copy, then press ENTER.
Paste in Command Prompt: right click with your mouse.

In the elevated command Prompt window type the following commands
Alternatively, you can copy the commands, one line at a time and paste it in the Command Prompt Window

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh winsock reset all
netsh int ipv4 reset all
netsh int ipv6 reset all

exit

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/317950-wifi-network-adapter-drops-out-random-times-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I am trying to connect to the WiFi network provided by my hotel relocating for work will be using this connection for weeks I have a Belkin G Wireless USB adapter attached to my XP machine and it recognizes acquires USB no content/connection but connects WiFi to Network, internet adapter address and reports an quot excellent quot connection to the WiFi Network No further data is received from the network despite this connection The Belkin adapter interface warning message states quot There is no connection to the internet USB adapter connects to WiFi Network, but no internet content/connection quot despite being connected to the network I know the network is operational I can download content onto my iPhone I use IPCONFIG and attempt to ping my default gateway but get quot request timed out quot In addition the device manager has no problem with USB adapter connects to WiFi Network, but no internet content/connection the wireless adapter quot working properly quot with no warning flags So basically I ve narrowed it down to some setting on my computer since the network is working via iPhone and the adapter is working connected excellent strength no problem in device manager Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:USB adapter connects to WiFi Network, but no internet content/connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-adapter-connects-to-wifi-network-but-no-internet-content-connection.713967/
Relevancy 62.78%

So i just reinstalled my windows and i cant find a proper driver for my network adapter Airpace Wifi Abit.I read in a lot of forums that there isnt a driver for win7 64bit and it is using ATHEROS.I tried multiple times with Atheros drivers but it doesnt work.All the drivers which i downloaded are with .sys files and i have to put the driver manually when i go to device manager and to a network controller, but it doesnt find a driver even when i have downloaded it.
Any help guys?

A:Wireless Network Adapter Problem Airpace WiFi Abit

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Read the Link below from an old Thread ...
Abit AirSpace Wi-Fi on x64

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/356821-wireless-network-adapter-problem-airpace-wifi-abit.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I m having a really annoying problem which is making my laptop almost unusable and a hassle to connectivity wifi and adapter limited randomly network 802.11n Broadcom gets freezes use After a while of my laptop being on my wireless network adapter will suddenly get quot limited connectivity quot and won t connect to the internet Disabling and enabling the adapter will cause my computer to freeze requiring a restart The same with troubleshooting The only thing which fixes this is a fresh reboot however it always occurs again within the hour Sometimes the entire adapter will randomly just disable itself and the computer will completely Broadcom 802.11n wifi network adapter randomly gets limited connectivity and freezes freeze meaning I have to press the power on off Sometimes the adapter will just disappear from Device Manager Searching for quot plug and play quot devices will cause it to freeze Apart from having to reboot what also seems to work is disabling the wifi from PC Settings putting the computer to sleep then awaking it and turning wifi back on I ve had to do that times whilst typing this post I ve tried flushing my dns registering it renewing and releasing Assigning a static DNS address All those things Though I may have done them wrong Specs Laptop model Samsung RV i notebook from around GB RAM Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Operating system Originally came with Windows bit installed issue began on this I installed Windows bit Pro a month ago did not reset settings Problem persists Broadcom n wireless network adapter Device ID Driver date Driver It s the latest driver according to Windows I keep uninstalling the driver and installing random ones from etc however the same problem persists I ve tried uninstalling the driver and just rebooting but problem still comes back after a while When it works Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Stefan gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Zangara-RV Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Home Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address - B-B -A - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter Physical Address - B-B -A - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter WiFi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Home Description Broadcom n Network Adapter Physical Address - B-B -A - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained April Lease Expires April Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -BD- -E - - - D- - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - B-B -F -DC-FC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address E - - - D- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Stefan gt Ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Stefan gt Ping google com Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round tr... Read more

A:Broadcom 802.11n wifi network adapter randomly gets limited connectivity and freezes

Three things from your post
Sometimes the entire adapter will randomly just disable itself, and the computer will completely freeze, meaning I have to press the power on/off. Sometimes the adapter will just disappear from Device Manager. Searching for "plug and play" devices will cause it to freeze.Click to expand...

and
It's the latest driver according to Windows. I keep uninstalling the driver and installing random ones from 2006, 2011 etc however the same problem persists.

I've tried uninstalling the driver and just rebooting, but problem still comes back after a while.Click to expand...

and
I think I may have had a trial version of McCafee a long while back, which has now been uninstalled.Click to expand...

As the adapter is disappearing from device manager , it may well be a hardware issue -
it maybe worth

Try reseating the wireless adapter

If the adapter is easily accessible, usually through a cover on the bottom of the laptop.
Remove and reinsert it carefully and firmly to make sure it is not loose.
Then remove and carefully and firmly replace it several times to cure any possible looseness or corrosion.
At the same time check to make sure the antenna leads are securely attached.
Note: This is not taking the machine apart. We do not recommend removing the keyboard when that is necessary to find the wireless.

With the driver comments , have you actually re-installed a driver - rather than update - we often see windows , thinks you have the latest but actually, you need to install the driver

from the samsung site http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/NP-RV511-A01UK-downloads
Windows 7(32bit,64bit) / 5.100.82.95 / Wireless LAN,BROADCOM / 23 Sep, 2012 / MULTI LANGUAGE
46.03 MB

appears to be the latest version
Downloading the zip file - it has an auto install/setup

remove mcafee with the removal tool
you dont need to loginto the website as in the first part of the instructions - just download the removal tool and run

--------------------------------------------------------------

Mcafee Removal Tool
http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101331

http://majorgeeks.com/McAfee_Consumer_Product_Removal_Tool_d5420.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/broadcom-802-11n-wifi-network-adapter-randomly-gets-limited-connectivity-and-freezes.1097068/
Relevancy 61.92%

hi,
i bought this device from ebay but the driver for it won't work on win xp or win 7, system does recoize the device but software won't load m,windows can not match device to software so it won't install the driver. can you help me with this problem.

A:150Mbps 150M Mini USB WiFi Wireless Adapter Network LAN Card 802.11n/g/b

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Do you happen to know the name of the driver?

It will be on the CD that came with the product.

Look on the CD for the driver and please reply with the name of the folder containing the driver.

It will be something like "RTL8188SU"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/150mbps-150m-mini-usb-wifi-wireless-adapter-network-lan-card-802-11n-g-b-787010.html
Relevancy 61.92%

The network icon always appeared like this Screenshot by Lightshot even when I was connected to the internet I've fixed the problem by removing all my networks then rebooting but it just comes back when I don't It used to work fine all the time This happened after I updated a network adapter driver so I uninstalled the driver for Messed + Network Miniport Corrupt Icon WiFi Microsoft up Adapter said adapter then reinstalled it but that didn't do anything It also messed up my Microsoft Miniport Adapter naming by making it Microsoft Virtual Miniport Corrupt Microsoft WiFi Miniport Adapter + Messed up Network Icon Adapter I went into the registry to change the name to just Microsoft Virtual Miniport Corrupt Microsoft WiFi Miniport Adapter + Messed up Network Icon Adapter but I couldn't - there was stupid permissions preventing me from doing so The was really weird to me I wondered how it got there before I realized it came after the reinstalling of my network adapter so I thought that was the culprit of the messing up network icon so I tried to change and delete some more registry keys and delete some files for the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport adapter I thought CCleaner had made a registry backup that was really recent but apparently it didn't I wouldn't go into this knowing I had no way to recover so I was out of luck on restoring the registry Screenshot by Lightshot Corrupt Microsoft WiFi Miniport Adapter + Messed up Network Icon I've tried a repair install and a system recovery The system recovery can't restore the registry and the repair install always hung on downloading installation files or checking compatibility I've also done another Network Adapter reinstall to see if I could get my Virtual WiFi back but nope and it just makes the registry keys say now - - I'm pulling my hair out over this Unlike others I used that Virtual WiFi adapter frequently and I'm very picky over icons - I want my network icon to stay the white bars for good Can anyone help Here's the registry keys and driver files that currently remain for the Miniport Adapter Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot I altered FriendlyName from Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter x to Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter from the CurrentControlSet and the bottom key under vwifimp and then it disappeared incase that helps Now for the files that remain Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot A lot of files but I hope you can help me find what I'm missing Here's the search results for quot vwifi quot Screenshot by Lightshot And here's the folder I modified files from Screenshot by Lightshot Lastly here's a place where I deleted two registry keys Screenshot by Lightshot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Network D E -E - CE-BFC - BE I also removed the place where it said quot Microsoft Virtual Miniport Adapter quot in Descriptions So yeah whatever I'm missing can you help me fix provide Can... Read more

A:Corrupt Microsoft WiFi Miniport Adapter + Messed up Network Icon

Repair Install finally worked. Everything is normal again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/281430-corrupt-microsoft-wifi-miniport-adapter-messed-up-network-icon.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I'm not sure if I'm missing something here.  We purchased a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter, and it appears to be working.  The issue we are having is when my laptop is connected to the wifi network (LAN), it doesn't find the wireless adapter.
 If I disconnect from the wifi network, it finds the wireless adapter and connects fine.  It appears that my laptop isn't creating a Wifi Direct connection when searching for the Adapter and therefore can't connect to the wireless adapter unless
the wifi is disconnected and therefore available.  Does anyone have experience with this, and ideas?
I haven't yet tried other laptops, but we did test with an Andriod phone, and that connected fine, and was also connected to the Wifi (LAN) at the same time. The laptop is Windows 8.1, and appears to be miracast compliant. (the search for wireless display
button is available)

Thank you!
-Russ

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6e3a9991-5cd2-41b8-9e60-61038de4078d/cant-find-wireless-display-adapter-miracast-while-connected-to-wifi-network?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi Thanks for having me on your forum As the title of my post states I'm having issues with my Windows Wifi or lack thereof Let me clarify I just got FIOS installed back in May Originally it was supposed to be installed in March but then Verizon workers went on strike Anyway before getting FIOS and the Quantum Modem Router I had DSL Linksy router I attempted to access utilize the wireless capabilities of the old DSL router and lo-and behold it worked I was able to use the quot Cast Router Issues? or Network MB Adapter Windows Missing, Wifi FIOS 10 to quot feature with the Samsung Smart TV Everything was working great Then I got the FIOS Quantum Modem Router and now not only did the Wifi disappear from my Windows quot Settings quot but the WLAN Network adapter is also missing from my quot Device Manager quot Basically I need to know if this is FIOS Modem Router or something with my motherboard I don't know if it's the motherboard but I'm not ruling the possibility out that it Windows 10 Wifi Network Adapter Missing, FIOS Router or MB Issues? could be I say this because Windows 10 Wifi Network Adapter Missing, FIOS Router or MB Issues? there wasn't an issue with WLAN Adapter missing from the quot Device Manager quot before I got new so-called improved FIOS Quantum Modem Router Regardless of how things shake out I would appreciate any help that you Windows 10 Wifi Network Adapter Missing, FIOS Router or MB Issues? can provide Thanks P S I might not get back to you quickly as sometimes when I get home from work the last thing I feel like doing to getting on the computer

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/62330-windows-10-wifi-network-adapter-missing-fios-router-mb-issues.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have an acer aspire 4530 using windows 7 and from a week ago Im having problems with the Atheros AR5B91 Wireles Network Adapter. It detects my network with an average signal, but when I try to connect, an error message is displayed saying that It was unable to connect. I tried almost everything: reinstalled the adapter, updated to the newest driver from: http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-download.php?chipset=28&system=5
I can connect to the network via ethernet cable; and also I have another laptop and it gets connected to the same network via wifi without problem. Im starting to think it could be a hardware issue, but it that were true I think the computer wouldnt detect the wireless adapter.
If someone could help me I would aprecciate it.
BTW: forgive my english.

A:Wifi connection problem with Atheros AR5B91 Wireless Network Adapter

First make sure you have the latest wireless driver from Acer's web site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connection-problem-with-atheros-ar5b91-wireless-network-adapter.1052864/
Relevancy 61.49%

Please help me i keep loosing internet connection the network adapter becomes had bizcoach.info,trojan/agent-multi adapter gets network wifi disabled & disabled and the wifi is had bizcoach.info,trojan/agent-multi network adapter & wifi gets disabled switched off DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by eden at on - - Running Processes c Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar SeaPort EXE C Program Files x Launch Manager dsiwmis exe C Program Files x had bizcoach.info,trojan/agent-multi network adapter & wifi gets disabled Launch Manager LMutilps exe C Program Files x Acer Registration GREGsvc exe C Program Files x had bizcoach.info,trojan/agent-multi network adapter & wifi gets disabled Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components FWService IntelMeFWService exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL jhi service exe C Program Files Acer Acer Updater UpdaterService exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files x NTI Acer Backup Manager IScheduleSvc exe C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe C Program Files x Atheros Ath WlanAgent exe C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXE C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files x Veoh Networks VeohWebPlayer VeohWebPlayer exe C Program Files x OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files x OpenOffice org program soffice bin C Program Files x NTI Acer Backup Manager BackupManagerTray exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe C Program Files x Launch Manager LManager exe C Program Files x DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Program Files x Launch Manager LMworker exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe C Program Files x Cyberlink MediaEspresso DeviceDetector DeviceDetector exe C Program Files Acer Acer Instant Service InstantUpdate iuBrowserIEAgent exe C Program Files Acer Acer Instant Service InstantUpdate iuEmailOutlookAgent exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar Preserve BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO DivX Plus Web Player HTML lt video gt E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files x DivX DivX Plus Web Player ie DivXHTML DivXHTML dll BHO scriptproxy DB D A - - E -B D- F C - BHO CIESpeechBHO Class D F C - E - BD - - AC FDF - C Program Files x Atheros Bluetooth Suite IEPlugIn dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO sayfe ssauve CF E - F-F FE-F D- D B - BHO Bing Bar Helper d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - TB Bing Bar dcb -df - - - fa b f - uRun VeohPlugin C Program Files x Veoh Networks VeohWebPlayer veohwebplayer exe uRun SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe mRun Norton Online Backup C Program Files x Symantec Norton Online Backup NOBuClient exe mRun BackupManagerTray C Program Files x NTI Acer Backup Manager BackupManagerTray exe -h -k mRun Adobe ARM C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe mRun Dolby Advanced Audio v C Dolby PCEE pcee exe -autostart mRun USB MON C Program Files x Intel Intel reg USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe mRun LManager C Program Files x Launch Manager LManager exe mRun SuiteTray C Program Files x EgisTec MyWinLockerSuite x SuiteTray exe mRun DivXUpdate C Program Files x DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe CHECKNOW dRunOnce IsMyWinLockerRe... Read more

A:had bizcoach.info,trojan/agent-multi network adapter & wifi gets disabled

Hi there,my name is Marius and I will be assisting you with your Malware related problems.Before we move on, please read the following points carefully. First, read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding. Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one. If you have any problems while you are follow my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem. Do not run any other scans without instruction or Add/ Remove Software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me. Post all Logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts. If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed. Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean. My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.    Scan with Gmer rootkit scannerPlease download Gmer from here by clicking on the "Download EXE" Button.Double click on the randomly named GMER.exe. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consent.If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NO.In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following ...
SectionsIAT/EATShow All ( should be unchecked by default )Leave everything else as it is.Close all other running programs as well as your Browser.Click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.Once done click on the Save.. button, and in the File name area, type in "ark.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop.Please post the content of the ark.txt here.**Caution**Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501255/had-bizcoachinfotrojanagent-multi-network-adapter-wifi-gets-disabled/
Relevancy 57.19%

This resembles http forums techguy org networking -solved-can-no-longer-connect html but only my laptop can t access my home wifi - all others can I spent a leisurely weekend at an Atlanta LaQuinta and as I always do I tapped into their network with my laptop Toshiba Satellite XP The signal was weak so I found an unsecured wifi signal from an apartment complex next door which worked fine for a few hours then slowed as the signal weakened I don t know why So I grabbed an ethernet cable and did a direct connect I was half asleep and didn t really get what was going on when their portal management program said laptop status No adapter healthy" "Network wifi: not something about an incompatibility and gave me the choice to disable my wireless connection which I did Then for the next day and a half all functioned well Yesterday afternoon I checked out and powered my laptop down I arrived home powered back No laptop wifi: "Network adapter status not healthy" up and my laptop couldn t find the home wifi network My wife s laptop accesses the network fine The Wireless Network Connection says quot Disabled Firewalled quot and telling it to enable fails I ran the diagnostics and network adapter identification seems OK Then I get these messages info - Network connection status Disconnected info - Network adapter hardware problem This device is disabled warn - Network adapter status not healthy action - Automated repair Enable network connection action - Enabling the network adapter error - Failed while enabling the network adapter warn - The repair attempt failed and a bunch more Ad-Aware found no malware Avira Antivir found no infections but quot suspicious quot files Now what nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

I am desperate. really really desperate, I don't know what to do anymore

I spent a lot of money on a new gaming pc and it has been a complete nightmare from the start. I have wireless network at home so I had to het a usb wifi adapter, the Netgear N300 WiFi USB Mini Adapter.

Its setup cannot complete because it is stuck eternally at "detecting adapter"

I sought online but it's only people reporting the problem and NOBODY giving a solution. pleas pleeeaaaase somebody help.

A:Netgear N300 WiFi USB Mini Adapter stuck detecting adapter

Power down PC...while it off remove USB wifi adapter....power on PC. When PC has finished booting up, search in the uninstall programs list for any software related Netgear and uninstall it. Reboot and start the process again.

According to the system requirements for that device, it does not support windows 10, which may be you issue.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/fil...DS_03Jul13.pdf

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/128908-netgear-n300-wifi-usb-mini-adapter-stuck-detecting-adapter.html
Relevancy 55.47%

When i was using windows 8 the wifi was good and would never get disrupted.But i updated to windows 8.1 and now when am downloading something the wifi gets disconnected and wont show the network even if the router is on and my phone is still connected to it.I have to toggle the wifi on and off for some 6-7 times and then toggle airplane mode on and off for 3-4 times to get it to discover the network.Is this because of the adapter or driver and my laptop has a ralink wifi adapter.What should i do?Thanks

A:Windows 8.1 wifi issue ralink wifi adapter and envy 15t j001...

Goutham, Welcome to the HP Forum. You might try the following Ralink driver for Windows 8.1 :sp63945 Mediatek - alink 802.11 WiFi Adapter V5.0.34.0 - Win 8.1 [Devices] (Hardware Ids)PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5390="Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539F="Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3592="Ralink RT3592 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090="Ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539A="Ralink RT5390R 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539B="Ralink RT5390R 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3290="Ralink RT3290 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter"PCI\VEN_14C3&DEV_7630="Mediatek MT7630E 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter "Your computer's webpage does show a few drivers for Windows 8.1:HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j001tx Notebook PC Drivers  Hope this helps. Click the Kudos Star!It is a great ?Thank You? to the HP Experts who are here to help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Windows-8-1-wifi-issue-ralink-wifi-adapter-and-envy-15t/td-p/3117459
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a desktop that is able to have wifi it's a adapter dell 1450 UBS Wireless 802.11a/b/g it works so does the router which is a Cisco Linsky E 1000 it shows um that it works I'm getting packet but I just can't seem to connect I don't understand it says that I am connected but I cannot get on the internet what am I doing wrong please help my desktop is compaq hp with wireless capability help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-make-my-android-with-wifi-3g-connect-my-desktop-router-and-wifi-adapter.1085239/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi, My laptop has a very weak wifi detection. Only when the wifi signal is very strong can it detect the wifi. I tried contacting HP regarding the same. They said it could be a loose connection with the wifi antenna. I have been waiting for the custumer service in my area to contact me(like HP promised!!!) for quite a long time now . Now I am in urgent need to get this fixed. I was wondering if an external wifi adapter would solve this issue. Mine is a Windows 10 laptop. Model no: ab030tx (pavilion). If an external adapter works, what would you suggest? (I am confused as a lot of products available in market only convert the laptop to a hotspot) 

A:Weak WiFi detection of laptop: will an external wifi adapter...

Dear Customer, In case if your laptop is under warranty, You may call  HP and will replace the Wireless card.Contact HPhttp://support.hp.com/us-en/checkwarranty However you may still use the External WIFI USB Adapters, I would like to share a document which helps how to choose the required Adapters.http://www.howtogeek.com/243330/how-to-choose-a-usb-wi-fi-adapter-for-your-laptop/ After trying you may search the model of the adapter online with Amazon for price details. Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Weak-WiFi-detection-of-laptop-will-an-external-wifi-adapter/td-p/5852627
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a HP Notebook 15. I restarted my laptop this morning and when it came back on, all options for connecting to the internet via WiFi were gone. I am able to connect to the internet via ethernet cable, and everything works this way.There are no options whatsoever to connect to WiFi or reset the connection or anything, however the WiFi itself is working because other devices in the house are connected to it. I followed a HP technical support online page, which provided step-by-step instructions of various ways to reconnect to WiFi but nothing worked. I tried restarting the computer, updating the driver software, making sure it wasn't in airplane mode, and troubleshooting. Nothing worked. What should I try next?

A:Unable to find Wifi adapter - Cannot connect to WiFi

Hi @jgkelly2, Welcome to HP Forums! I understand that wireless connection stopped working on your laptop. I want to help. Please run the Component test - Wireless Module to verify if the wireless network adapter is functioning well.HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8) If the test failed, the wireless adapter needs to be replaced. Let me know if you need further assistance. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos.  Regards, 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Unable-to-find-Wifi-adapter-Cannot-connect-to-WiFi/td-p/5590193
Relevancy 55.04%

i am using my HP Pavilion g4-2309tx about years.it is performing very well since last year.But two days ago i found that wifi in my laptop is not working and the wifi adaper rt3290 of my lapter overheating very badly.can anyone give me the solution of this problem?
my pc configuration is:
HP Pavilion g4-2309tx Model#4B12PA [personal information removed] os:windows8.

A:rt3290 wifi adapter over heating and wifi is not working

What led you to the assumption that the WLAN card in the notebook is overheating?  Have you previously had any problems with the WiFi?  Have you made any changes or software installations lately?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/rt3290-wifi-adapter-over-heating-and-wifi-is-not-working/td-p/5698177
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi, I have purchased hp-15-ba025au yesterday. After installing Windows 10 64 bit, I found that wifi is missing.  I am not seeing Wifi under device manager. Though I can see bluetooth. I am seeing one "Network Controller" under "Other devices". Not sure if it would help. Cheers,Dharmender 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:hp-15-ba025au wifi adapter and wifi connection missing

Hi: The parts list for your notebook indicates it comes with a Realtek RTL8723BE-VB 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combination WLAN adapter. http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=X5Q25PA Below are the links to the wireless and bluetooth drivers you need for that model wlan card... This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. File name: sp75613.exe This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek Bluetooth in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. File name: sp75614.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/hp-15-ba025au-wifi-adapter-and-wifi-connection-missing/td-p/5693227
Relevancy 54.61%

Can any one just solve my below problem. I am having trouble with my Windows 10 network adapter problem.
It shows multiple adapter in network adapter settings. Please see below screen shot. and Sometimes it doesn't shows any adapter at all. and i see at my wifi-router no beeping in light where my Pc's Ethernet connection is.

Plz guys what to do, fyi last one is working right now-

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/48973-multiple-ethernet-network-adapter-network-adapter-settings.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I just bought a brand new Asus K52F and when the laptop goes into sleep mode the "Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter & WiFi Miniport Adapter #2" fail. When i turn the computer back on i have trouble connecting to the internet, and the devices have error (code 43). I can still connect to the internet though. I have re-downloaded the drivers, rolled them back, updated them, everything but it hasn't worked. Any help would be sweet.

Also can anyone tell me what the white light up button next to the power button does??

A:WiFi Miniport Adapter/Adapter #2 Error

The virtual wifi mini port adaptor is used as a virtual wifi device so you can turn your machine into a wireless AP "access point" either with commands or the connectify software. The adaptor sometimes activates itself and causes problems, even when your not using it as an access point.

It should fix the problem if you go into device manager, go to "view" top of page, then choose "show hidden devices" which should allow you to see the mini port, disable the virtual mini port adaptor and that should fix the problem.

That little button next to the power button is a reset button, it's like restarting but a little different.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/129330-wifi-miniport-adapter-adapter-2-error.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I bought the laptop with Win 8.1 installed. I was able to use Connectify software to tether internet connection from the ethernet to my phone through WiFi. After upgrading to Windows 10, trying to start a hotspot with the Connectify software throws the error "Your Wi-Fi adapter does not support AP mode. Please try updating the drivers for your Wi-Fi adapter". Trying to start a hotspot through command prompt using 'netsh wlan.....' throws the error "The hosted network couldn't be started. The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation" In the device manager, Driver Name :  Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi M.2 AdapterDriver Version : 7.35.344.0Driver Date :  1/26/2016 Seems updated. But, I am still not able to start a hotspot to tether the connection. Can anyone help me solve the problem?   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-Adapter-Broadcom-BCM43142-802-11-bgn-Wi-Fi-M-2-Adapter/td-p/5689992
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Netgear WGR614v9 router and was wondering if its possible to use this as a wireless adapter for my computer?? I think it might support the DDWRT open source firmware??? I am wanting to do this STRICTLY as a learning purpose.

Relevancy 53.75%

So, there are many articles out there that will show you how to use cmd prompt to create a wifi hotspot (eg: this article Internet Connection Sharing - Create WiFi HotSpot)

However, is there anyway to do this with TWO separate wifi adapters? That is, use one adapter to connect to your router and the other to act as the router? Some articles seem to indicate this is the ideal setup but no one seems to specify how to control which wifi adapter is used to create the wifi hostpot in command prompt.

Thanks for any help.

If I can get the basics to work, the next step is to try to integrate a VPN so that I can basically use my PC as a VPN router (but with no physical ethernet connection).

A:Creating Wifi hotspot using SECOND wifi adapter

It is no different than bridging an Ethernet and Wifi adapter.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/69140-creating-wifi-hotspot-using-second-wifi-adapter.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Actually my wifi adapter can catch all other wifi signal except my wifi router.

A:my notebook wifi adapter don't get my wifi router

There are several resons.1. The wifi signal might be too weak at the point where the computer is.2. Other device radiation/signals might be blocking it.3. Your router signal might be hodden (check EWS of router).4. Signal broadcasting might have been turned off on router. Since other signals are found on the computer, there shouldnt be a issue with your couputer.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/my-notebook-wifi-adapter-don-t-get-my-wifi-router/td-p/5725324
Relevancy 53.75%

Everyone's had the problem of wanting to disable the wifi miniport, or enable it to share wifi.

I have a different problem. I would like to change which wireless device the wifi miniport uses, as the external USB wireless adapter I was using died. I cannot see the wifi miniport adapter without that device attached, it seems. I don't even know if the wifi adapter even as options to select which wireless card to use even if I could get it to appear.

Is there a way to do this without having to resort to reinstalling Windows 7?

I am fairly familiar with netsh. No command line option seems to be available to switch network adapters for the wifi miniport.

It also appears that it will simply not switch to the only wireless network adapter detected, and I know it will host a virtual wifi network, I've done ICS/AdHoc before.

A:How does one change which wifi adapter the wifi miniport uses?

I tried the solution in this link: How to change default Microsoft Virtual WiFi miniport adapter?

This did not work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/341191-how-does-one-change-wifi-adapter-wifi-miniport-uses.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi
To clarify, my laptop Lenovo Y510p is able to connect wifi by it self, but it's wireless card is 802.11n, it only can use 2.4 ghz. So i decide to add a wifi adapter D-link DWA 160,  with updated driver. And every time i use the adapter to wifi, it disable
itself from laptop, also a lot of time it disconnect even i was not using it. when i open the change adapter setting, the adapter go 1) attempting to authenticate 2)enable 3) disable 4) gone for 1 second and back to attempting to authenticate again. The entire
process only need 5 second. And i want it to stop doing that.Please Help

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f95bd229-2e72-47f2-a60d-52d21b026872/wifi-adapter-keep-disconnecting-when-connected-to-wifi?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a perfectly running PC and a working wireless adapter but funny thing is that my home wifi cant be detected while neighbor's wifi are listed down. The problem occur whenever I send my PC to repair, after the whole process when I want to get my PC connected to the internet but just cant. It has happened to me 3 times and total I bought 3 different wireless adapters, I dont want to keep buying new wireless adapters just to search for my own wifi. My other devices worked fine with my home wifi as I am typing this on my Iphone instead because my PC cant detect my own wifi !!!!!! VERY FURIOUS.

thanks for reading and i really hope for an answer as soon as possible because i just wana dota on my new PC.. please help me.

A:Wifi adapter can detect other wifi but not my own wifi

It has happened to me 3 times and total I bought 3 different wireless adapters,Click to expand...

has that resoved the issue or not
it maybe the signal is broadcasting on channel 12/13

can you connect the pc directly to the router with a cable and then
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file to the faulty PC and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://go.pardot.com/l/66982/2015-01-26/2361i
enter you details
Download this file "DOWNLOAD WI-FI INSPECTOR Vx.xx "
( the site now appears to allow webbased emails like gmail, hotmail, outlook and yahoo now )

There is also a xirrus gadget, But that does not have all the fuctionality "DOWNLOAD GADGET Vx.xx

Alternative links - Use the links below
Do NOT use any of the download managers offered - Cnet , just use the direct link below - and click on the download button
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Network-Tools/Network-Monitoring/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector.shtml
http://download.cnet.com/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector/3000-18508_4-75758254.html
Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here
http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8 & 10
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool
(From the Windows 8 Start Screen, or windows 10 Search, type "snip" and press enter)
(From windows 10 - All Apps>Windows Accessories>Snipping Tool
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3405830/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-adapter-can-detect-other-wifi-but-not-my-own-wifi.1156359/
Relevancy 52.03%

I am restarting this thread because for some unknown reason the previous thread was marked nbsp solved while it was not nbsp My wifi keeps dropping erratically and nothing other than restart can get my wifi back on nbsp I have tried everything bios update firmware update windows update lenovo wireless driver update then after someone suggested did an nbsp update directly with intel drivers cleaned up ip flushed dns changed wireless adapter settings picked good dropping gets keeps wifi adapter and wifi f... P50 on channels for and per other people's recommendations nbsp Still to no avail nbsp Also it is not an wifi keeps dropping on P50 and wifi adapter gets f... issue with my router or at least that is what wifi keeps dropping on P50 and wifi adapter gets f... I think nbsp Because the wifi dropping is a problem at different locations not just nbsp with my home router nbsp Is anyone else facing this problem too nbsp Here are my wireless card and driver details Intel dual band Wireless-AC Driver version nbsp My adapter advanced settings n channel width for - Auto n channel width for ghz - AutoAd Hoc Channel b g - Already tried other channels too Ad Hoc QoS Mode - WMM EnabledARP offload for WoWLAN - EnabledFat Channel Intolerant - DisabledGTK rekeying for WoWLAN - EnabledHT Mode - VHTMixed Mode Protection - CTS-to-self EnabledNS offload for WoWLAN - EnabledPacket Coalescing - EnabledPreferred Band - No PreferenceRoaming Aggressiveness - MediumSleep on WoWLAN Disconnect - DisabledThroughput Booster - DisabledTransmit Power - HighestU-APSD support - DisabledWake on Magic Packet - EnabledWake on Pattern match - EnabledWireless Mode - a b g nbsp My system is P Xeon ghzWindows Pro nbsp Any help in figuring out why am I having this problem nbsp thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/wifi-keeps-dropping-on-P50-and-wifi-adapter-gets-frozen-disabled/td-p/3336692
Relevancy 51.6%

device manager under my Network adapter. I have my Intel Ethernet adapter listed and then underneath the bang with WAN Miniport (IP) #2. When I check the properties of the device It says it is not working properly. When I attempt to uninstall the device it tells me that the device cannot be removed because it is required to boot the system.

A:device manager under my Network adapter. I have my Intel Ethernet adapter listed and

go into your bios and under boot options, remove network/internet as a boot option if it is listed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/device-manager-under-my-network-adapter-i-have-my-intel-ethernet-adapter-listed-and-91828.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello

I have my AWUS036H for a few months now and it worked perfect until now.
My landlord has a router in his appartment and I need to connect to that router to get access to the internet.
I bought this adapter for a better signal but this week I got a very weird problem.
My adapter can find all the networks surrounding it except my landlord his network. But my inbuilt adapter can find my landlord's network and all the others. To clarify, here an example:

AUS036H finds:
Neighbour1 (strong signal)
Neighbour2 (strong signal)

Inbuilt adapter finds:
Neighbour1 (weak signal)
Neighbour2 (weak signal)
Landlord's network (weak signal)

What is going on? It drives me nuts!

Thanks in advance

A:AWUS036H adapter can't find specific network but inbuilt adapter can

Quote: Originally Posted by Herp

Hello

I have my AWUS036H for a few months now and it worked perfect until now.
My landlord has a router in his appartment and I need to connect to that router to get access to the internet.
I bought this adapter for a better signal but this week I got a very weird problem.
My adapter can find all the networks surrounding it except my landlord his network. But my inbuilt adapter can find my landlord's network and all the others. To clarify, here an example:

AUS036H finds:
Neighbour1 (strong signal)
Neighbour2 (strong signal)

Inbuilt adapter finds:
Neighbour1 (weak signal)
Neighbour2 (weak signal)
Landlord's network (weak signal)

What is going on? It drives me nuts!

Thanks in advance

Here is the problem, the AWUS036H can only see b or g signals, it's not 802.11n capable so it can't see N only signals. The Landlord has a router which is set to broadcast the faster setting which is 802.11n only, not mixed with b or g because that would limit the connection speed to 54Mbps.

This means that you can't see his N only signal because the AWUS036H isn't N capable. No doubt the inbuilt adaptor is N capable.

You really need to get one that can pick up b, g and more importantly n which is much faster and usually has more range.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/313981-awus036h-adapter-cant-find-specific-network-but-inbuilt-adapter-can.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have an Inspiron home running XP and a Latitude D XP that I used to be able to use interchangably with a Comcast modem and a Netgear WGR router A couple of weeks ago my internet connections slowed and now have ended After several phone calls to Comcast the last tech told me the problem was quot the network address showing in the device manager is different than the network address that shows in the TCIP IP settings quot I am getting an error message of quot network cable unplugged quot on the Inspiron and the red X on the second of the two adapters st is nd is Broadcam x I can get internet from the Latitude when directly connected to the cable modem but not when routed through the router for wireless We have tried multiple reconfig of the IP shutting everything down computers router modem all with no success Any help anyone can provide would be great--I still need to order Christmas presents nbsp

A:Network adapter in device manager is different than adapter in TCIP/IP settings

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-in-device-manager-is-different-than-adapter-in-tcip-ip-settings.886135/
Relevancy 50.74%

problem w/ Microsoft 6to4 adapter (network adapter)

I am frequently being disconnected from the internet.

Microsoft 6to4 adapter (network adapter) has a exclamation mark (!) in a yellow triangle in device manager.

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

When i check for solutions, it says cannot load driver software.

A:problem w/ Microsoft 6to4 adapter (network adapter)

See this

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932520

If there are no problems connected with this code31, ignore it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-w-microsoft-6to4-adapter-network-adapter.784178/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am currently encountering problems with my internet connection because of a problem to my computer's Network Adapter which; Realtek RT Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0) additionally, I cannot watch movies with my computers Media Player because there is also a problem to the; Standard VGA Graphic Adapter.

I have tried updating in Systems but says the driver software for the device is up to date. I even tried disabling it but the problem still persist. Even scanning it incase of hardware change, but still a problem.

Is there any advice on how I can configure the problem.

A:Network Adapter and VGA Graphic Adapter problems

Originally Posted by ausred

I am currently encountering problems with my internet connection because of a problem to my computer's Network Adapter which; Realtek RT Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0) additionally, I cannot watch movies with my computers Media Player because there is also a problem to the; Standard VGA Graphic Adapter.

I have tried updating in Systems but says the driver software for the device is up to date. I even tried disabling it but the problem still persist. Even scanning it incase of hardware change, but still a problem.

Is there any advice on how I can configure the problem.

Hello ausred, and welcome to Windows Vista Forums.

First, can you describe the "problems" you are having with your Ethernet card?

Can you post a screen shot of the Ethernet card entry in your "Device Manager"?

It would look like this:

Cheers!
Robert

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/282637-network-adapter-vga-graphic-adapter-problems.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I m not totally computer-literate when it comes to hardware and such but I am fairly literate with most computer terms So in advance I apologize for any confusion a misused hardware name may cause Also before I begin let me just say that the issues hereafter discussed apply to a computer separate from this one compatability Network Adapter/Wireless Adapter This computer works fine but the one I will be talking about my computer is the one without an internet connection at the moment So recently my network adapter decided to stop working I won t go into the details but it s completely fried and I d much rather spend the money to get a new one instead of go through the hassel of trying to fix my old one And Network Adapter/Wireless Adapter compatability thus we come to question number one Do most if not all network adapter cards work with most PCs I have a Dell Dimension with Windows XP Home edition with highspeed cable internet so would pretty much any network adapter do the job My stepdad who is fairly computer-literate though often too cocky about it says that pretty much all network adapters will work with any computer unless the computer and network adapter are old or new respectively Also what are the most reliable brands of network adapters What kind of details about the product should I look for when purchasing Now on to the second part of my post wireless internet adapter For a while my computer has been a few feet from the router because we had have no way for a cord to reach anywhere else particularly my room Now because of spacing issues in this room I am being forced to relocate my computer My choices are these a Buy a wireless network adapter so I can move my computer to my room or b Have an internet-less computer for an indeterminate amount of time Obviously I prefer the former So my next question is basically the same as the first one but about wireless internet adapters rather than network adapters Do wireless adapters work universaly for computers Again I have a Dell Dimension with highspeed cable internet so I m pretty sure the speed of the wireless adapter is important And again what are the best most reliable brands of wireless adapters What product details should I be looking for I hope I ve provided all of the necessary information I m most likely going to be ordering the aforementioned hardware bits off of NewEgg com or some other similar computer hardware site I don t know if that helps in answering the question s at all but I figured any additional information may help Thanks to all of those who have taken the time to read my questions and I appreciate any response greatly nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi there

This USB Wifi adapter seems to be a MEGA performer --Lovely finally to be able to THINK of getting rid of LAN cables all over the place.

I've no probs with decent HD Movie streaming from a SERVER with one of these (I unplugged the LAN and inserted the USB Wifi adapter into a USB3 slot --note this needs genuine USB3 to work at proper speed). My Home router can deliver 802.11ac so no probs there.

Brilliant piece of kit and NO MORE CABLES !!!!!!. Wifi will soon be able to deliver comparable speeds to LAN especially for HOME networks. !!!

Here's the UK Link but is available in US and Europe. In any case it's delivered (in my case) by Amazon S.A.R.L (Luxembourg) so no tax !!!. even though I ordered from UK web site --they will ship outside UK tax free.

USB-AC56 | Networking | ASUS UK

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38950-finally-can-retire-wired-network-wifi-usb-ac56-wifi-802-11ac.html
Relevancy 48.16%

My Pavilion 15 notebook has turned an occasional WiFi fault into a regular one. The wifi drops out and there is nothing in network settings about wifi at all. Device manager will occasionally show the wifi adapter, realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 b/g/n, but usually it isn't even there. On the odd ocasion it shows up, properties says there is a problem with this device - this device doesn't exist. Great. Realtek are hopeless as they seem to provide no support. I cannot roll back drivers, installing new ones doesn't work and system restore doesn't fix it. Can I replace it with one that actually works? Do I need a specific type? This problem is likely to result in the laptop taking an unauthorised flight to the bottom of my garden if not resolved as I am an angry ginger person who wants things to just do their job, it's not as if it needs to do much.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-adapter-amp-W10/td-p/5767959
Relevancy 48.16%

when ever i open my laptop i find my wifi adapter disable and it is also not shown in device manager or in network setting.only ethernet connection is available but its creates a lot of issues for mei have to use my laptop in ubiversity and in office wwhere only wifi is available and i face problems there  so please help me with this issue so that i could be able to use may wifi once again without any issuethanks in advance and looking forward for your reply  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-adapter/td-p/5817402
Relevancy 48.16%

Guys, what do you think, which wifi adapter is the best for under 100$ ?

These guys at www.uawifi.com claim they have the most powerful on the market....and it is made in USA. What do you think? Has any of you tried this product?

Relevancy 48.16%

hi i have an acer laptop which has no built in wifi adapter but i use a Netgear WG111T wireless usb adapter and has been working fine until 1 day i plugged in a ScanDisk Cruzer Micro usb memory stick and the program came up and everythink and i could use but it had somehow stopped my wifi adapter from working and the Wireless Network Connection status thing on the bottom right hand corner of the screen had dissappeared and it doesnt show it on the screen anymore even wen i turn my laptop on and off. and i have tried everything such as plugging my wifi adapter in and out and taking out the usb memory stick and everything but it jst doesnt seem to work. the wifi adapters not broken at all, you can see the light come up wen u plug it in and stuff
som1 please help me!
o ye and i have windows xp

A:help on wifi adapter

Welcome to TSF....

Not knowing what type of programming on the thumb drive and from what you typed I suspect there might be an infection of some sort that has done this please follow the following instructions:

To get Expert Help with malware removal:

I recommend that you read this article… (Simply, click on the links to be re-directed.)

"Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? - First Steps";
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

Please follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information; as instructed, in the
HiJackThis Log Help Forum.
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...this-log-help/

Please ensure that you create a new thread in the HiJackThis Log Help Forum;
not back here in this one.

When carrying out The 5 Steps,
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

if you cannot complete any of them for whatever reason, just continue on with the next one until they are all completed.
However,it is extremely important to make mention of the fact that you could not complete any of the steps in your post to The HJT Help Forum;
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...this-log-help/

where an Analyst will assist you with other workarounds.

Once done, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-on-wifi-adapter-253493.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Which is better, a usb wifi adapter or pci wifi card, for a desktop.

A:Wifi Adapter

either is fine. I think you will find a pci has slightly more power,eg slightly more range, but also have removable antenna. Most notebooks have wifi built in anyway, so portability of the wifi unit isnt an issue. I'd be going with a pci wifi card myself, mainly because of the antenna options.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-adapter.103899/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a Windows Vista, Dell Inspiron 531 desktop computer. I have the icon in the system tray to connect to a WIFI network. When I open the "Connect to a Network" it says there are no wifi networks. I have wifi through ATT Uverse. If I plug in an adapter, it pulls up the networks in my area and will let me connect. I have downloaded all the drivers and additional drivers I found on Microsoft but the computer still does not find any networks without the adapter. Please help

A:Wifi Adapter?

Your computer has no built-in Wifi, so you need that adaptor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-adapter.1072187/
Relevancy 48.16%

Could anyone recommend me a good wireless USB Adapter that's not too expensive, around $15-$25. I have a USB adapter but the speed isn't what I'm paying for. I should be getting around 20-25mbps but this adapter is only getting around 9-10mbps.

Relevancy 48.16%

Will the WiFi Adapter work with my Acer ASPIRE 5732Z/5332 LAPTOP

A:WiFi Adapter

According to the product specs at the end of the Quick Guide, that laptop has built in WiFi. Why do you need to add a WiFi Adapter to it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-adapter.1046622/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,

I recently installed win xp 64 ultimate and the my drivers for a usb wifi adapter. Everything went fine and I can go online. Whenever I restart my computer the USB adapter does not work and I have to pull it out and insert it back in and the device gets reinstalled and then begins to work.

Any solutions?

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/221627-usb-adapter-wifi.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi !! I need your help, as my WIFI adapter is corrupted and i need to replace it.After opening the back cover and removing the WIFI adapter  if found that written: Replace with HP Spare 690020-001    8K1290. Would you please give my any replacement in case  if i didn't find this adapter.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:WIFI Adapter

Dear Customer, Please find the below list of compatible W/LAN cards for your PC.  You can order the part from HP parts store using the link below. Or purchase the part from any computer store. Link: http://hp.care/2eyb3Bh Contact HP Worldwide You can also Check your warranty Here to verify the warranty status  Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WIFI-Adapter/td-p/5830672
Relevancy 48.16%

Has anyone tried UAWIFI UA3 usb wifi adapter from uawifi.com? I need some info. from real users before I buy it.
Todd
One RV for everyone

A:Best USB wifi Adapter?

Well I don't know how much help this will be to you, I have a friend spending some time in china using a very similar looking thing, couldn't get him online right now to get the exact name and model, but it even looks nearly identical,... except it's black in color.

He absolutely loves it, says it will pick up a typical wifi signal nearly a mile from it's source.
(of course he's kind of out in the middle of nowhere so he's probably doing better than average)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/155915-best-usb-wifi-adapter.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Well I have ASUS K SV I made clean installation with Win Ultimate x before I had Home premium I downloaded wlan driver from asus com support but i doesn't work Then I found disk with drivers it came Need adapter wifi with pc when I bought it but the same After disk installation I just can tur on off the wifi light with Fn F But I have only one Need wifi adapter adapter in Network Sharing center and its for ethernet In device manager after driver installation I have yellow waring with my wifi adapter Ok I need to update driver choose from my computer driver but when I done that it says I have newest version already I could try choosing from driver list on my computer but I'm scared if i choose there some wrong driver and then having blue screen Windows and how can I know my Need wifi adapter adapter manufacturer In home page with my model compatable are intel and Azurewave why two Ouu and when I bought pc there was Win Home premium and then wifi worked but the Need wifi adapter icon in right bottom corner looked like no wifi connectons available but it worked that was weird d like - gt https encrypted-tbn gstatic com i aoJONi fj Ys K

A:Need wifi adapter

Hope this helps
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support-

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/282020-need-wifi-adapter.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,

My first post. I have a two part question.

I have a TP-Link TL-WN95N v1 PCI 300 MPS WiFi adapter. I can find no driver to work with it in Windows 8. Else where on the 'net claims were made an Atheros driver was on board but the only Atheros drivers I have is for Ethernet chipsets. I have got no where looking at Atheros.cz or the TP-Link Support site. If anyone can help me with a driver it would be appreciated.

The next part is can someone tell me what PCI WiFi cards will definitely work with Windows 8.

I am running on a wired network at the moment but not very practical as I wheel my desk into another room.

Thanks,

Robert...

A:PCI WiFi Adapter

There are very few drivers or network adaptors that are made to work with Windows 8 as yet. Most network adaptors that worked with Windows 7 will also work with Windows 8.

Your best bet for your TP-Link TL-WN95N v1 PCI 300 MPS WiFi adapter would be to use the Windows 7 driver and install it in compatibility mode.

You can get the full wireless N speeds of 300Mb/s by going into your routers settings and set to use the "802.11n Only mode" and also use WPA2 security with AES encryption as these are made to work at full wireless N speeds. You would also need very good signal strength and a clear wireless channel for full N speeds.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/6937-pci-wifi-adapter.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I just recently got mifi from Verizon. I got it for my desktop, daughters laptop and my ipad. I did not realize that I would have to have a wifi adapter to use it on my desktop. What is the best one to get? Thanks in advance.

A:WIFI adapter, which one is the best?

Pretty much any name brand adapter will do the trick.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-adapter-which-one-is-the-best.957373/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey,
I recently installed a new windows 7 and after that my wifi adapter is missing, I looked around the internet to fix the problem and came up with nothing so now I am here. I have turned on from the key shortcut (fn+f2) but when I go to network and sharing center and from there change adapter settings, only adapter I see is local are connection, but now Wifi adapter. How can I fix it, please help.

A:Wifi adapter

Go to Start > Control Panel > Device Manager and check the list of devices to see if your wifi adapter is listed - expect to see it with a yellow tag which shows the system has found it but not been able to install the drivers for it. Double click on the device and then the driver tab; click on update driver and wait for the system to find a solution - I am assuming you have a cable connection to the internet as you clearly have access by another means.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-adapter.206087/
Relevancy 48.16%

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I am going from a router in my house to a laptop in my shop which is about 80' away. My old laptop finally gave up, but it was working good before as it had a built in Wifi. My question is I am wanting to place a desktop computer that does not have Wifi in my shop and was wondering which Wifi adapter to use.

The 2 that I am looking at are:

1. TP-LINK TL-WN722N ----- here is a link to one listed for sale on Newegg: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16833704045

2. Edimax EW-7811UN 150Mbps Wireless 11n Nano Size USB Adapter ---- link:http://www.walmart.c...apter/17419471
Which of these 2 will give the best signal strength, speed, etc. or are there other Wifi adapters that are priced under $20 or so that are better?
Thanks ~ Dan

A:Which Wifi Adapter?

I have had really good range with one of these

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0AJ3446025

Solid 5 bar signal from over 100 feet away.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-wifi-adapter.1153736/
Relevancy 48.16%

I want to get the wifi adapter driver such that i can set up a hotspot in my laptop.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-adapter/td-p/5703647
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all nice to be here.
Now this is my scenario. .laptop acer 5349
Made image (custom)from acer laptop with 2gb,250gb hdd, win7 home prem. and restored to 500 gb Seagate hdd and added 4 more gb ram.
Everything went well..ram shows up ..hard drive good.
However. ...there is no way to make wifi adapter to work. Ive read on the back of pc model of adapter..found drivers...installed and still cannot connect to internet. I can do with cable but not wifi. I can see network computers, router..thats not a problem.
So...how can we make this thing to work?

Does the laptop keyboard Fn key?

Is there some other key that turns the wireless radio on/off when used in combination with the Fn key? Look for symbols on the function keys.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/380048-wifi-adapter.html
Relevancy 48.16%

In searching the web for a wifi adapter for my desktop PC, I find both adapter cards to be installed inside the case as well as "dongels" which connect to an external USB port. Is it safe to assume that the technology & thus the performance would be the same, ie not dependent on where the adapter is installed?
I would like to connect via wifi to a router located about 600 feet from my apartment, so perhaps an adapter with the ability to add a high gain antenna might be the way to go?
Am considering Rosewill RNX-G300LX and Rosewill RNX-G1.
Any comments would be appreciated.

Relevancy 48.16%

I need an adapter to enable a LAN via Remote Desktop between my two rigs running W7 x64 Pro. I got to thinking about using a USB adapter, in lieu of a PCI controller, primarily for ease and simplicity, but have never dealt with either option before. Are USB adapters equal to PCI adapters, or is one better than the other? Which ever I use will have to talk with my ZyXel X550 router.

EDIT: The LAN will be operating in a permanent range of ~12 feet, going through one wall. I have no idea of how much bandwidth is required for RDP to function properly.

A:WIFI USB Adapter

Do not go with a dongle, a usb network adapter... I recently bought a Belkin USB adaptor and it has caused me so much stress and after two weeks is still not installed. My intial advice would be to stay wired but if that is not an option a wireless card in a PCI has a better advantage...running something as fiddly as a network through a USB port kind of seems wrong to me. Although I have no experience of network PCI cards I'm sure they beat the hell I had with my Belkin dongle.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/53096-wifi-usb-adapter.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a desktop and a apple iphone

Is the wifi adapter all I need to create a wifi hotspot so that I can get wirelessly online with my iphone?

I don't know for sure. All that I do know is that my PC doesn't have a WIFI adapter. But after installing the newest software version 4 and enabling WIFI on the iPhone, I now have WIFI access called "Jigs" whenever I am near my PC. I suspect that it is using my FIOS router's wireless for this.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/349571/wifi-adapter/
Relevancy 48.16%

Bear with me as I am a newbie to networking. I got a Netgear WGR614 router and have it hardwired on a Win XP SP2 PC. It is working fine. My other PC is Win98SE and I got a Netgear WG111v2 USB 2.0 adapter for that PC. I had some trouble installing it but finally got it done. My download speed on that PC is about 650K, where my other PC is 1500K. I am using a Broadband modem. What I was wondering is would a Network card make the speed any faster compared to the USB adapter, as my 98SE PC only has 1.1 USB and not 2.0, or is it slower because the PC is just old!...confused...thanks for any insight......Carole

A:Network Card adapter or USB 2.0 adapter?

Well, it's hard to imagine USB being faster than the Ethernet, not to mention that Ethernet is more stable for networking. The slow downloads may just be the machine, the network drivers, or the adapter itself. I only use USB adapters as a temporary measure to test machines.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-card-adapter-or-usb-2-0-adapter.438411/
Relevancy 48.16%

A few day before the wifi disappers, my laptop had started to lag every few seconds. I tried to find a solution for this problem, but it was of no avail. After the last time I restarted it, it did not recognize any wifi or network. the upper keys have all stopped working, and the screen has become very bright. Moreover, troubleshooting does not recognize any problem.I'd appreciate any help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/My-wifi-has-completely-disappeard-and-no-network-or-wifi/td-p/5845674
Relevancy 48.16%

My laptop is "HP G62 Notebook PC". It was working fine with Wifi last three years. Now, although the wifi network is detected it is not connecting...when I select the Wifi network and enter the wifi password it is not connected.. tried changing "roaming sensitivity" setting too..but not successful..........reinstalled the driver (ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter) too, but not working.....Internet is working using the LAN cable......Please help.............. 

Relevancy 48.16%

My laptop is "HP G62 Notebook PC". It was working fine with Wifi last three years. Now, although the wifi network is detected it is not connecting...when I select the Wifi network and enter the wifi password it is not connected.. tried changing "roaming sensitivity" setting too..but not successful..........reinstalled the driver (ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter) too, but not working.....Internet is working using the LAN cable......Please help..............I REINSTALED WINDOWS AND THE WIFI RECOGNIZED ITSELF AS WIFI A/B/G BUT THE SAME HAPPENED I PUT DRIVES FROM HP BUT NOTHING HAPENED THE SAME PROBLEM AGAIN DOES IT HAS DATE OFF EXPIRE? WIFI CARD ID IN BIOS IS VQF-RT3090BCT HP S.............. AGAIN  

A:HP G62 Notebook Wifi not connecting although wifi network de...

Hi, You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue. 1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on. 2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers and restart the unit and check if the light turns on. 3) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website. 4) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well.  Let us know how it goes!  ****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks********Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

I am an HP Employee.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-G62-Notebook-Wifi-not-connecting-although-wifi-network/td-p/5774759
Relevancy 47.73%

My internet connection connects but has the hello warning icon as it isn't connected to the Internet. When I trouble shoot it said there was a problem with the driver for the WiFi Adapter. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software and it hasn't worked. I have no internet and I don't know what else to try.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Problems-with-WiFi-Adapter/td-p/5639681
Relevancy 47.73%

I have an inspiron dell 3542 laptop that runs on windows 8.1 64 bit...after doing a system restore my wifi stopped working...there is no enable/disable option and restoring the system does nothing..i even reinstalled windows to no avail.i noticed that the adapter in device manager doesnt exist and that seems to be the root of the problem..i installed some supposed drivers by transfering the install file through usb but nothing changed...i would appreciate any forms of help.

A:wifi adapter gone missing

Supposed drivers? You should download the drivers from the Dell site for your model and try those. Make sure they are the ones for 8.1 64-bit.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/70041-wifi-adapter-gone-missing.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor AMD A - M APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD G Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard LENOVO Lenovo IdeaPad S Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled I m not sure if this is the right category to post in if not- please advise with correct category Consider me a tech dummy I know very little but am learning as I go Approximately weeks ago I suddenly began to have problems with my connectivity on my laptop I have a router and multiple devices that receive wifi in the home When I was able to get reconnected everything ran very slow in loading- sometimes it won t even load properly This problem in only with my laptop Wifi properties adapter and only at home When I ve used a friend s wifi or public it runs perfectly I even purchased a new stronger router and I still have the issue I ve been doing a lot of reading and am wondering if someone can tell me what the property settings should be for my Wifi adapter properties wifi adapter Specifically The Advanced properties - adhoc support country region multimedia gaming radio roaming sensitivity I am convinced that this is a simple problem concerning a setting of some sort as every other device using the wifi is working Wifi adapter properties properly and that my own laptop works just fine on any other wifi system Thank you sfskytop nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

So I will have a few questions coming up about wifi settings but here is one I'm very curious about right now..

Will turning this off or on give me the full speed of my wifi adapter?

I just want it to have full speed. I've read some of what QoS is and it sounds like it limits things so that certain programs and such can have access to more speed.. however I want my wifi adapter to just always give 100% full speed no matter what for every program at all times.. so why would I turn this on?

thanks

A:More Wifi Adapter question

Why not try things both ways and find out how it effects your system? It's my understanding that you may gain a little bandwidth by turning it off but probably not enough to make it worthwhile.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/70111-more-wifi-adapter-question.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I am looking at a USB wireless WiFi adapter, and was wondering should you match the brand name with your router? Is it ok to mix up? I have a linksys router and looking for a WiFi adapter. Can i just get a Buffalo or something else or does it have to be linksys?

thanks

Relevancy 47.73%

My wifi adapter is not supporting the sharing i have upgraded my system and there is no previous updates of any other windows except windows 10 as it is my default window.My wifi adapter is  RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn.tell me the way to start the service

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-adapter-not-working/td-p/5725837
Relevancy 47.73%

I have been having troble with my Realtek wifi adapter, loosing connectivity every now and then. At times troubleshooting will work by Reseting the adapter and I will have my connection back. At other time post reset the wifi adapter would no longer be available and listed in Device MAnager. Most of the times when I restart my system, it will not find any adapter in Device Manager. I have tried everything, but no success; wiped out my system and did a clean install, updated BIOS, moved back from Win 10 to Win 8.1 (which came in my laptop), tried several drivers and still failure. Can someone help on this...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-Adapter-issue/td-p/5783058
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I m working on a friends new hp pavillion dv invisible!! wifi adapter nr for some strange reason the sales guy didn t inform them they had a builtin broadcom wifi wifi adapter invisible!! adapter so they also bought a linksys usb wifi adapter invisible!! wifi Now she claims she cannot get on the internet I took the until home and disabled the usb adapter rebooted in safe mode with networking and managed to get the internal broadcom card connected to the wifi net BUT on reboot it won t stay visible in the network connections It doesn t show in the device manager system reports says Item Value Name Broadcom b g WLAN Adapter Type Not Available Product Type Broadcom b g WLAN Installed Yes PNP Device ID Not Available Last Reset AM Index Service Name wifi adapter invisible!! BCM XX IP Address Not Available IP Subnet Not Available Default IP Gateway Not Available DHCP Enabled Yes DHCP Server Not Available DHCP Lease Expires Not Available DHCP Lease Obtained Not Available MAC Address Not Available any help much appreciated on how to get this thing to stay on nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

I can't access the wifi adapter...and screen brightness bcz of function of wifi on and off can't showing as well as screen brightness...so please help me ...how to access that problems

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-detect-wifi-adapter/td-p/5658742