Windows Support Forum

Windows 10, Skylake & Thunderbolt 3 bring the most compelling reasons to upgrade in a long while

Q: Windows 10, Skylake & Thunderbolt 3 bring the most compelling reasons to upgrade in a long while

Much of the tech press regularly overlooks PCs for wearables, smart homes, and IoT-related topics but, in the real world and to many people, PCs still matter a lot. So, this week's news out of Redmond and Taipei (where the...

Read more

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 10, Skylake & Thunderbolt 3 bring the most compelling reasons to upgrade in a long while

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows 10, Skylake & Thunderbolt 3 bring the most compelling reasons to upgrade in a long while

Sorry.
No matter what others think about W10.
THIS is not a reason for an upgrade, if one has a choice.
Stay away from -remote host,-cloud centered OS.
Take your hardware and host your stuff by yourself.
Do not accept crippled OS (what unfortunaly OS X (since making iCloud a default location for files, belongs to).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-10-skylake-thunderbolt-3-bring-the-most-compelling-reasons-to-upgrade-in-a-long-while.213622/
Relevancy 81.22%

I will be upgrading laptops very soon.

I notice that I cannot easily buy a new laptop without VISTA preinstalled.

I have many many dozens of applications installed on my current laptop, and am VERY happy with the current software I own and use.

BUT I do need to upgrade laptops as mine has too little memory (only 512 mb) to run my apps well.

I'm thinking of the Acer Aspire 5100 - with 2 gb ram, etc.
Should I bite the bullet and just reinstall ALL of my apps on a new VISTA laptop and hope for the best?

Or, should I find a laptop with windows xp on it, and just go that (simpler) path?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Relevancy 93.74%

Anybody out there who can argue the case for Vista over XP please contribute to this thread. I have mainly only heard of fancy graphics and over zealous security implementation and not much else, so if you would be so kind please fill me in and others(information wise) about the advantages/disadvantages of Vista., for I am having great trouble believing the hype out there.

Vista doesn't even have a new file system ( should have been WinFS or something). Where's the big deal then, or is it another Henry Ford deal i.e. 'You can have any colour as long as it's black', or if your choice is the same as Microsoft's then that's OK then. I do wonder, indeed I do.

Relevancy 68.8%

Quote Many Windows users are looking forward to the imminent release of Microsoft's new operating system But they may want to wait Windows is just about here and many users especially those who have been wrestling with Windows are probably eager to upgrade But even if you can get it now the upgrade will be sent first to those who signed up for the Windows Insider yet upgrade not Windows reasons 9 10 to -- to beta 9 reasons not to upgrade to Windows 10 -- yet program and then in slow waves to everyone else you may want to hold off Here are nine reasons you might want to put off a Windows upgrade Your system can t run it This may seem obvious but sometimes it s the obvious that gets missed In order to run Windows you need a PC or tablet with a GHz processor or faster GB of RAM for -bit machines or GB for -bit machines GB hard disk space for -bit machines or GB hard disk space for -bit machines a DirectX or later graphics card with a WDDM driver and an x display or better For more details go to Microsoft s Windows specifications page If your system doesn t qualify then you re going to have to upgrade your hardware before you upgrade your operating system Or just buy a new computer with Windows already installed Read more here

A:9 reasons not to upgrade to Windows 10 -- yet

Possibly the No 1 reason for not upgrading - yet - is that the build that was released to RTM is still very much a "work-in-progress".

A great product for techies, developers and those with the knowledge, skills and time to "play around". But IMHO not a product that is as yet ready for deployment in critical business environments with limited (or non-existent) IT support.

Personally, a cold, snowy, Winter's day over the Christmas holiday season would seem just about the right time to upgrade - if it is not ready by then it never will be.

Viz

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/9-reasons-not-to-upgrade-to-windows-10-yet-1023642.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I am perfectly happy with Windows 7 on the desktop, but I did find two reasons for upgrading to Windows 8:

(1) I can now open ISO files natively. I chose not to include a CD-ROM in my machine, so this will come in very handy.

BUT WIN 8 UNFORTUNATELY DOES NOT INCLUDE THE ABILITY TO CREATE ISO FILES. BUMMER.

(2) BitLocker is now included. Encrypting the whole system drive just got a lot easier.

Also the upgrade price is nice.

Since I don't have a DVD, I don't care about the lack of software to play DVDs. That's what TVs are for.

What reasons do other folks have for wanting to upgrade?

A:My top 2 reasons to upgrade to Windows 8--share yours

This is true, I'm cutting out my DVD player from my new desktop in lieu of more hard drive space.

My top two reasons I'd say would be the Start Screen and Automatic Maintenance.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/7663-my-top-2-reasons-upgrade-windows-8-share-yours.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Windows 10 will be released on July 29th, so here's a few things to think about before taking the plunge.

1. It's still a work in progress and has a lot of bugs that need time to be worked out.

2. Not all of your software and hardware will install and work with it.

3. Updates will be forced on you and not allow you to select and hide unneeded ones.
This can cause a conflict with certain software and hardware.
Note: The Microsoft update blocker tool supposedly allows you to change this.

----------------------------------------------

Relevancy 67.94%

Quote As any new version of Windows one of the questions which puts any user is quot what brings new quot and quot Is that worth the upgrade quot And rightly 7 the to Windows reasons is worth upgrade 10 it why so Not all new versions bring lots of news and important enough to convince the user or a specific company to invest in upgrade At Windows Upgrade subject is more sensitive because it comes after Vista an OS that simply quot did not work quot for some people Windows doesn't comes with revolutionary ideas Moving step from Vista to Windows is not as big as the one from Windows to Windows XP for example Some people see in Windows a kind of service pack to Vista which on the one hand it is true First care for those at Microsoft was to Windows image don't look just as rumple as that of Windows Vista The second was to Windows don't take Vista's problems Finally only the third plane had located new functions Yes there are sufficient reasons why it deserves to upgrade to Windows Here are of them perhaps most important Running more fluently I don't go into boring explanations the essence is that Vista is suffering in certain situations a slow rolling whose fault is somewhere between Aero interface and video card The problem was repaired in Windows and the new OS is more fluent and respond more 10 reasons why it is worth the upgrade to Windows 7 quickly to common commands In this chapter Windows it proves to be higher and superior to Windows XP not only to Vista On new computers indifferently they are stronger or weaker Windows is over XP I did this test on a netbook and I was surprised to see that Windows runs better than XP's on a netbook with standard specifications Intel Atom processor one GB of RAM If XP's became slower with time and installing a large number of programs Windows keeps its flexibility even if Windows registry causes increase in size of the keys added by programs installed Boot and shutdown times better Windows starts and closes faster than Vista No need to timers if you runed Vista in the last - years you felt it For some this is very important To me that never close the system on the laptop and give one restart about once a week is not as important And here it appears as another's Windows good thing you can keep it open longer with regular standby breaks without problems XP Mode Compatibility issues between Vista and Windows are minimal or not at for all However a number of programs still refuses to go on another operating system than XP For these cases there's XP Mode - a virtual environment in which programs compatible only with Windows XP can be used under Windows XPMode New Taskbar Contrary to those which think is not important the new taskbar is one of the main reasons why it deserves to upgrade Your taskbar in Windows is more flexible and more functional Quick Launch toolbar is merged with taskbar itself you can reorder the windows on the taskbar and you can choose to display only the icon of a program without the related text New Taskbar On a wide screen resolution of at least x pixels your taskbar in Windows on mode quot Always combine hide labels quot is standing good on sides Autonomy Windows beats previous OS and at autonomy On laptops Windows offers autonomy with higher than Vista or even longer in some cases Although options for Power are largely the same Windows brings something new here function Dim the lights Dim the lights is exactly the same feature that we know from cell phones When not feeding the outlet and is idle the screen gradually reduce its brightness How the screen is one of the biggest consumers of energy the economy is taken as such Wireless For those who have laptops and connect to one or more wireless network the mode how Windows handles this issue is a good reason to upgrade Managing connections is very simple If you click the networking icon in the Taskbar will be displayed in a small window all available networks Double click on the desired network and within seconds you wil... Read more

A:10 reasons why it is worth the upgrade to Windows 7

Worth to upgrade?

Post some comments!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/22577-10-reasons-why-worth-upgrade-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I recently purchased my laptop at cyberpowerpc (custom gaming.) specs below. After about a few weeks I have been getting numerous BSODs and all for different reasons. When i check to see my temp, it stays below 65 Celsius. Maybe is there a thing that i need to uninstall or update some old drivers to prevent this from happening or whatever it is please help me. This is happening at around 2 bsod a day .Thank you.
Specs:

Operating System
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i7 @ 2.40GHz 51 ?C
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
16.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
MS-1762 (SOCKET 0) 28 ?C
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor ([email protected])
Intel HD Graphics 4000
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M
Hard Drives
238GB ATA ADATA SP900 SCSI Disk Device (SSD) 32 ?C
Optical Drives
Slimtype DVD A DS8A8SH SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
If more needed please tell me.

A:BSOD for many reasons, mainly during long computer use.

Welcome to SF.

Lots of 1A (Memory_Management) errors.

I'd suggest to start with testing RAM first.

Take memtest. Run for 8 passes and test each stick in a know good slot for an additional 6 passes.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Quote:
The goal is to test all the RAM sticks and all the motherboard slots.

Check your motherboard manual to ensure the RAM sticks are in the recommended motherboard slots. Some motherboards have very specific slots required for the number of RAM sticks installed.

If you get errors, stop the test and continue with the next step.

1. Remove all but one stick of RAM from your computer (this will be RAM stick #1), and run Memtest86 again, for 7 passes.*Be sure to note the RAM stick, use a piece of tape with a number, and note the motherboard slot.
If this stick passes the test then go to step #3.

2. If RAM stick #1 has errors, repeat the test with RAM stick #2 in the same motherboard slot.*If RAM stick #2 passes, this indicates that RAM stick #1 may be bad. If you want to be absolutely sure, re-test RAM stick #1 in another known good slot.
*If RAM stick #2 has errors, this indicates another possible bad RAM stick, a possible motherboard slot failure or inadequate settings.
3. Test the next stick of RAM (stick #2) in the next motherboard slot.*If this RAM stick has errors repeat step #2 using a known good stick if possible, or another stick.
*If this RAM stick has no errors and both sticks failed in slot#1, test RAM stick #1 in this slot.
4. If you find a stick that passes the test, test it in all the other motherboard slots.

If Part 2 testing shows errors, and all tests in Part 3 show errors, you will need to test the RAM sticks in another computer and/or test other RAM in your computer to identify the problem.

In this way, you can identify whether it is a bad stick of RAM, a bad motherboard, or incompatibility between the sticks.

Errors are sometimes found after 8 passes.
Do this test overnight, before going to bed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/268547-bsod-many-reasons-mainly-during-long-computer-use.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Windows 10 is a little over a week away and the hype train is in full motion. Microsoft on Sunday published a video primarily targeting those that might still be grappling with the idea of upgrading to its new operating system.

Read more

A:Microsoft kicks off Windows 10 countdown with "10 Reasons to Upgrade" video series

Yeah, Windows 10 <b>literally</b> combines start menu and tiles...exactly what <b>nobody</b> asked for. We wanted tiles on the desktop, ala a new breed of gadgets. The obvious goal is to keep pushing people towards the start screen and limited, dumbed-down mobile apps on the PC. Yeah..not gonna happen. Windows 10 will tank just as bad if not worse than Windows 8 due to Microsoft's obsession with copying all of the competitions <I>worst</I> aspects.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-kicks-off-windows-10-countdown-with-10-reasons-to-upgrade-video-series.216667/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a clean Vista Home Premium System and am quite happy with performance (no crashes, everything runs fine). Are there any good reasons that I should upgrade to Win 7. I have a 32-bit, so going to 64 Win 7 would mean fresh install. I don't want to do that so I would just be upgrading to Win 7 32-bit.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-62, x64 Family 15 Model 104 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3453 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon X1250, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 236973 MB, Free - 105744 MB; F: Total - 953867 MB, Free - 604554 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, Satellite P305D, Not Applicable , 58121201W
Antivirus: Sunbelt VIPRE, Updated and Enabled

A:Solved: Any Good Reasons to Upgrade from Vista to Win 7?

I think you answered your own question. There's no big advantage to going from Vista to 7 if you're happy with what you have.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-any-good-reasons-to-upgrade-from-vista-to-win-7.992756/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi. I'm running win 7 and the upgrade to win 10 is almost becoming nagware! I don't feel to upgrade right now but I still want the opportunity to do so at a later date. Is there a timeframe where I have to decide or can I do it at any time I choose? Thanks.

A:windows 10 upgrade. How long do i have?

You have until July 29, 2016 to use the free upgrade offer.

You can wait until later if you want.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/387070-windows-10-upgrade-how-long-do-i-have.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have delayed upgrading to Windows 10 due to concerns about privacy in Windows 10.
How long is the free upgrade offer available for? I am using Win 8 Profeessional, Euro edition.

A:How long is the free Windows 10 upgrade available for?

The free upgrade is available until July 28, 2016. After that there will be a cost (as yet unannounced) unless the policy is changed. Once the upgrade is done it is valid for the life of the device. You cannot transfer it to another.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/74642-how-long-free-windows-10-upgrade-available.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a Lenovo 3000 N100 with windows Vista 32 bit. I know it's possible to upgrade these successfully to windows seven from what I've read on the Lenovo Forums. Just to be safe I decided to run the upgrade adviser tool. It says it should only take a few mins to scan, but I've ran the thing for 45+ mins and it still keeps going. Is this normal for it to take more then "a few mins"?

A:Windows 7 Upgrade Adviser taking too long?

Quote: Originally Posted by SectorStar

I have a Lenovo 3000 N100 with windows Vista 32 bit. I know it's possible to upgrade these successfully to windows seven from what I've read on the Lenovo Forums. Just to be safe I decided to run the upgrade adviser tool. It says it should only take a few mins to scan, but I've ran the thing for 45+ mins and it still keeps going. Is this normal for it to take more then "a few mins"?

Nope it isn't. To be honest you really dont want to upgrade from vista. You import any problems you have into a new system. MS recommends clean as do most of us

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/31469-windows-7-upgrade-adviser-taking-too-long.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Its been like an hour and its still "preparing for the upgrade"

A:Windows 10 stuck on preparing for the upgrade. How long should this take?

4 hours for me.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/370278-windows-10-stuck-preparing-upgrade-how-long-should-take.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Ok a while a go i bought a new pc acer m Back then Vista was installed Now last friday i got my quot free quot upgrade from acer I read some info on the internet stating that with my PC and settings and so on the upgrading should be done in hours The first time i ran it i let it run for about hours By that time the gathering of settings userfiles and applications rough translation from dutch to english was at about I figured this was due to the fact that the pc wasnt connected to the internet all the time as it said it required internet After that first time i ran it again and its now at also still gathrering of settings userfiles and applications Now im wondering if someone has any idea on what extremely taking long windows 7 upgrade i am doing wrong A last thing that might be the problem is the following at the beginning of the upgrade it warned me of driver and some applications not being compatable yet with windows though i could still proceed the installation I hope someone has any idea on what could be the problem

A:windows 7 upgrade taking extremely long

There could be any number of things; It should be connected to the Internet. I am not sure how the installer handles that situation, but given that it is required, then my supposition is that every time the OS tries to install a driver, it looks for an Internet connection to see if there is an updated driver. Depending on how long it takes for the system to time out, there may be a delay of 30-60 seconds before the installer tries to continue.

It also depends on how full your hard drive is, available ram, etc. Really, there are quite a few things that could effect installation time.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/270078/windows-7-upgrade-taking-extremely-long/
Relevancy 54.61%

So months a tale compelling, blurred ago my machine suffered a gradual power a compelling, blurred tale supply failure i e the supply would kick in for a second on startup and then cut out Now at the time I was in the middle of my thesis and was wraught with frustration so I probably a compelling, blurred tale tried repeatedly starting it one too many times over that week because after I finally installed a new PS I started getting display problems Things would look fine then I d get ghost-effects on my pixels then it would gradually snap back into place and then out of sync again for various periods of time In addition the digital output wasn t working -- had to switch back to VGA I figured I had shorted something on my video card so yesterday I finally went to get a new one after having just bought one four months ago The problem alas still exists I also know it s not my monitor as my roommate used it for three weeks while I was away and she it was perfectly clear for her So the question is what besides my video card and monitor could be causing display problems like this Thanks for your help Best Gradually damaged vision nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-compelling-blurred-tale.580274/
Relevancy 53.32%

Ive read that Lga1151 usb 2.0 port will not work on windows 7 during installation. So it means it will only work on usb3.0 during installing OS.

Ive also read that you can only install it using dvd drive.

My question is that after installing win7 using dvd drive. Will the usb 2.0 work after?

A:Windows 7 on skylake CPU

Most motherboard manufacturers have a workaround for the USB 2.0 issue--such as a BIOS setting or a way to inject the proper drivers into a Windows 7 ISO.

It's not true that you can install only from a DVD. I did not use a DVD when I rebuilt 2 months ago.

Yes, your USB 2.0 ports will work later.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/397718-windows-7-skylake-cpu.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Ive read that Lga1151 usb 2.0 port will not work on windows 7 during installation. So it means it will only work on usb3.0 during installing OS.

Ive also read that you can only install it using dvd drive.

My question is that after installing win7 using dvd drive. Will the usb 2.0 work after?

A:Windows 7 on skylake CPU

Most motherboard manufacturers have a workaround for the USB 2.0 issue--such as a BIOS setting or a way to inject the proper drivers into a Windows 7 ISO.

It's not true that you can install only from a DVD. I did not use a DVD when I rebuilt 2 months ago.

Yes, your USB 2.0 ports will work later.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/397718-windows-7-skylake-cpu.html
Relevancy 52.89%

So, I work in an enterprise environnent and we have very specific software regarding some VERY specific work we do. All machines are running windows 7. I received word that new machines won't even support Windows 7. Dell said, the chipset, won't even support Windows 7.

Which, given our history here seems unheard of for a 2 year old OS to permanently remove the older OS. After some digging I found the following:

Windows 10 Embracing Silicon Innovation

"Windows 10 will be the only supported Windows platform on Intel?s upcoming ?Kaby Lake? silicon, Qualcomm?s upcoming ?8996? silicon, and AMD?s upcoming ?Bristol Ridge? silicon."

Ugh...

This caught me off guard. The article details pretty much a support drop off time of June 17, 2017.

https://hardforum.com/threads/skylake-windows-7-is-about-to-get-shady.1907136/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello all I am seriously racking my brain on this one I Lenovo and Skylake Windows 7 have tried just about everything that I can find and think of to get this to work Now I have two different models of Lenovo one is a desktop and one is a laptop Laptop Lenovo thinkpad E i u GB ram GB hdd https www cdw com shop products Lenovo-ThinkPad-E - EV- in-Core-i - U- -GB-RAM- -GB-HDD aspx pfm srh Desktop Lenovo thinkpad m Tiny i t GB ram GB hdd https www cdw com shop products Lenovo-ThinkCentre-M - FM-Core-i - T- -GHz- -GB- -GB aspx enkwrd FM US amp pfm srh Here Lenovo Skylake and Windows 7 is my issue I have a custom image for the place that I work at that is installed on a bootable usb created from rufus I know this has not been corrupted because it works on older systems without Lenovo Skylake and Windows 7 any issue When I load this image on either machine I can get past the section where you chose the language and time ect Then it has a big button to install windows after that point I get the message A required cd dvd drive device driver is missing If you have a drive floppy disk Lenovo Skylake and Windows 7 cd dvd or usb flash please insert now I have tried everything from uefi booting enable legacy boot enable There is even a usb emulation on the desktop model the keyboard and mouse did not work without it when trying to pick the language and time The only thing that I have not been able to try is a usb drive as all the usb ports on both machines are usb I have also seen another solution go on the machine with a linux live and create a partition on the hdd and copy over the iso file for my custom image and then boot from from that This would be a last resort type of thing there has to be a simple solution Bleeping MS or should i say intel Sorry if this has already come up and a solution has been found Thanks Jokerz

A:Lenovo Skylake and Windows 7

I don't think its an Intel or MS problem, not sure why you think it is an Intel one... I'm just going off the top of my head here though. If it is a USB installer from work... its possible that it is a network installer and goes out to a network share and grabs the .iso file it needs. Then there is also the question of why you are installing Windows from work on your personal machine. But that is my security coming out.. I assume you have a legitimate reason/approval to do so.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616807/lenovo-skylake-and-windows-7/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, Today , i bought laptop HP Probook 440 G3 with Skylake CPU inside. I inserted the Windows 7 disc , then used USB stick but i still couldn't see any drive for installing. I only have Windows 7 key  , and I just want to use windows 7 (  I used to use Win 7 and most of my special softwares can run smoothly on Windows 7 ) How can I install windows 7 on Skylake CPU ? Thank you so much.

A:Install windows 7 on Skylake CPU ( HP 440 G3 , I5 6600U )

Press the ESC key when the HP logo appears during boot up, enter the bios then navigate to "bios options" then look for "apply factory defaults/settings" your optical drive should work again.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Install-windows-7-on-Skylake-CPU-HP-440-G3-I5-6600U/td-p/5531587
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello i've build a custom pc click here and i installed win pro via usb Installed drivers for mobo and gpu all well until a couple days ago while i had browsers system build crashes windows Skylake 10 on opera chrome one of them couldn't open properly and the other one was flickering Tought it was gpu drivers problem since it was updated couple hrs prior through game ready app So unistalled the gpu drivers and tried to install the ones i fisrt installed and that's where drivers failed to do so after that whatever drivers or exe app i'm trying to install all i get is a failled installation errors and even blue screens Made a new clear installation but problem remains couldn't finish installing drivers Windows installed custom drivers but i can't even install java or flash players cause i get error Skylake build system crashes windows 10 msgs Took the pc to a repair shop and yet all i got is i don't kno why it does that Plz help

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/skylake-build-system-crashes-windows-10-4609257/
Relevancy 51.6%

My corporate office has told me that we will be using Dell Precision laptops in the future and our office uses Windows Enterprise because we need bitlocker on them nbsp Dell has a fully functional Windows Pro disc which I can download and install with no issues nbsp The BIOS is configured for legacy and the drive is configured in AHCI mode when I do the installation If I attempt to install directly from our Windows SP Enterprise disc from Microsoft as part of our enterprise agreement I get the error quot A required CD DVD drive device driver is missing nbsp If you have a driver floppy disc CD DVD or Skylake 7 w/ NVMe Enterprise and a USB3 Windows on USB flash drive please insert it now quot nbsp This error happens because I have a Skylake based laptop with only USB no USB nbsp When I attempt to inject the Windows 7 Enterprise on a Skylake w/ USB3 and NVMe proper drivers into the install wim and boot wim files that are in the sources folder I no longer get this error but the installer cannot see the hard drive unless I change the bios to UEFI and RAID Even though the windows installer can now see the hard drive I cannot install to it nbsp I get the error quot Windows cannot be installed to this disk nbsp The computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk nbsp Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu quot I have attempted injecting the MS KB and nbsp KB into the disc since these are supposed to add NVME support to Windows nbsp I change the BIOS back to legacy and AHCI boot to the updated installation which includes the updates and injected drivers and I get the quot A required CD DVD drive device driver is missing quot error again nbsp The difference now is that if I click on browse I can see the hard drive listed and any usb flash drives that are hooked up nbsp I'm not sure what it thinks is hooked up that I'm missing a driver for I have even extracted the drivers from the functional dell disk install wim and boot wim and injected all of them into their respective parts of my Windows Enterprise installer with no success I'm looking for help and direction as to what has worked for others or what other options I can try Thanks in advance for any help

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/45c45a30-7e4a-4405-a053-4681162ff95f/windows-7-enterprise-on-a-skylake-w-usb3-and-nvme?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 51.6%

Just got a Dell XPS with the i - k skylake 7 install 8910 on XPS Windows Skylake to How Dell which comes with Windows installed I would like to install windows Following this video made a windows bootable USB from a dell windows ultimate disc How to install Windows on Skylake platform using USB device - YouTube When I am on the and try booting to the USB though the keyboard How to install Windows 7 on Skylake Dell XPS 8910 and mouse still dont work not sure why Bios are still UEFI Would like to install this to the HDD it came with not the SSD and test that Windows even works on skylake oddly if i hit cntrl-alt-delete in the same screen it reboots The computer has sets of USB ports Any suggestions to make it work or bios settings There are some odd ones with the I have not seen before such as load optional rom and something about loading OS Here is the USB layout I have tried the and nothing seems to work XPS Desktop - Intel i Quad Core Processor Dell Philippines thank you

A:How to install Windows 7 on Skylake Dell XPS 8910

First, make your Factory Recover disks. If something goes wrong, you can get back your computer as it came from factory.
You don't have mouse and keyboard because your motherboard has USB 3.0 and Win 7 doesn't has the the driver.
Look my tutorial
Create a Windows 7 USB flash installation with new drives for new MB's

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/401723-how-install-windows-7-skylake-dell-xps-8910-a.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Specs Motherboard ASUS Z Pro-Gaming CPU I - K RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX GB x GB DDR DRAM MHz CMK GX M A C R GPU EVGA GeForce GTX GB SSC GAMING ACX Storage Samsung / - startup 10 on BSOD build Installation Skylake Windows During of EVO GB My system is about months old and its was running perfectly fine for a few months at stock speeds No overclock with fresh Window install Not upgraded from Window A few months ago I began experiencing BSODs on startup that leaves the system stuck in a boot loop BSOD messages I received include IRQL not less BSOD on Skylake build - During startup / Installation of Windows 10 or BSOD on Skylake build - During startup / Installation of Windows 10 equal System service exception I was able to boot into safe mode on several occasions and thinking that this was a software driver issue and not a hardware problem I decided to reinstall Windows However when reinstalling my system will BSOD as it starts to boot from my USB installation media The same BSOD happens even when I took out non-essential cards such as GPU and my wireless adapter During troubleshooting I also ran Memtest overnight for over passes and ended up with no errors Recently I managed to install BSOD on Skylake build - During startup / Installation of Windows 10 Windows when I configure the CPU via UEFI BIOS to use only one of its cores In fact everything seems ok whether I use or cores It is only when I use all cores that the startup BSOD loop appears I have attached the crash dumps from BSODs that I get when all cores are active so hopefully someone can enlighten me on what s wrong with my rig Although my rig is technically working right now I still want to identify the root cause of this and utilize all cores on my CPU XD Any help would be much appreciated

A:BSOD on Skylake build - During startup / Installation of Windows 10

Most of them aren't exactly specific pointing to something.
However, this part sounds like a faulty CPU (core).

Recently, I managed to install Windows when I configure the CPU (via UEFI BIOS) to use only one of its cores. In fact, everything seems ok whether I use 1/2 or 3 cores. It is only when I use all 4 cores that the startup BSOD loop appears.

Diagnostic Test

CPU TEST

Run Intel Diagnostics Test and IntelBurnTest to stress test your CPU. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool & CPU - Stress Test Using IntelBurnTest - Windows 7 Help Forums

Note
If you're overclocking anything, please stop it and set everything back to default while troubleshooting
   Warning
Your CPU temperatures will rise quickly while under this stress test. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.
If either of the test shows an error, there is no need to run the other test as it shows a faulty CPU.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/41868-bsod-skylake-build-during-startup-installation-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 51.17%

My corporate office has told me that we will be using Dell Precision laptops in the future and our office uses Windows Enterprise because we need bitlocker on them nbsp Dell has a fully functional Windows Pro disc which I Enterprise Skylake/NVMe 5510) Windows 7 (Precision on can download and install with no issues nbsp The BIOS is configured for legacy and the drive is configured in AHCI mode when I do the installation If I attempt to install directly from our Windows SP Enterprise disc from Microsoft as part of our enterprise agreement I get the error quot A Windows 7 Enterprise on Skylake/NVMe (Precision 5510) required Windows 7 Enterprise on Skylake/NVMe (Precision 5510) CD DVD drive device driver is Windows 7 Enterprise on Skylake/NVMe (Precision 5510) missing nbsp If you have a driver floppy disc CD DVD or USB flash drive please insert it now quot nbsp This error happens because I have a Skylake based laptop with only USB no USB nbsp When I attempt to inject the proper drivers into the install wim and boot wim files that are in the sources folder I no longer get this error but the installer cannot see the hard drive unless I change the bios to UEFI and RAID Even though the windows installer can now see the hard drive I cannot install to it nbsp I get the error quot Windows cannot be installed to this disk nbsp The computer s hardware may not support booting to this disk nbsp Ensure that the disk s controller is enabled in the computer s BIOS menu quot I have attempted injecting the MS KB and nbsp KB into the disc since these are supposed to add NVME support to Windows nbsp I change the BIOS back to legacy and AHCI boot to the updated installation which includes the updates and injected drivers and I get the quot A required CD DVD drive device driver is missing quot error again nbsp The difference now is that if I click on browse I can see the hard drive listed and any usb flash drives that are hooked up nbsp I m not sure what it thinks is hooked up that I m missing a driver for I have even extracted the drivers from the functional dell disk install wim and boot wim and injected all of them into their respective parts of my Windows Enterprise installer with no success I m looking for help and direction as to what has worked for others or what other options I can try Thanks in advance for any help

A:Windows 7 Enterprise on Skylake/NVMe (Precision 5510)

Greetings Winklema,
Thanks for your question. Please note I'm not an expert on this topic. I was just speaking with my colleague here and found out there's some kind of firmware limit that won't allow to install from disk. The recommendation is to use MDT. Here are the instructions: www.dell.com/.../en
Hope that helps. If you have any further questions on this topic they'd probably be over my head :)

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992769
Relevancy 51.17%

Not really a surprise I suppose:

Updates to Silicon Support Policy for Windows

Now, it does specifically state that it's related more to commercial "customers" than consumers but, if the support exists for the OSes then it'll trickle back down to consumers. Of course, they re-emphasize that future chipsets including Kaby Lake (the next one after Skylake) will not receive support for Windows 7/8/8.1 and only for Windows 10 so, we'll see what happens when it happens.

At least for current 7/8/8.1 users that means a few more years of support in terms of bug fixes and security updates even if they have to be tracked down and installed manually. After 2020, who knows, I'll probably start using macOS full time.

https://hardforum.com/threads/microsoft-caves-in-again-will-support-skylake-for-windows-7-8-8-1-till-eos.1907855/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi. I install Windows 7 professional 32 bit on my new Vostro 3559 , Latitude E5470 and Latitude E5570.
With new cpu lineup, i see only 1,9\2,3Gb available on  o.s.
With last notebook ( Vostro 3558, Latitude E5450 and Latitutde E5550), I see 3.0\3,2Gb available on o.s.
Help ;)

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19684659
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi First I'm not sure if this kind of discussion is allowed here so I'm not sure if I have the right to ask this but if this topic was to be closed I would like to be informed about where is the right place to post this But I wanted to question what are the real threats presented to XP so people MUST upgrade as real) security REAL and to said threats upgrade reasons (I I see many people say They say it's an obsolete OS although many applications and plugins still install just fine and incredibly unsecure So let's say that the user it's not REAL (I said real) security threats and reasons to upgrade a total beginner on computers would happily click on the get your prize ads and read fake bank emails and get scared nor a total expert works with security in an IT sector of a company and already seen enough to be scared of security holes It's just a guy who knows how to keep an antivirus updated and to enter only known major sites facebook outlook com google websites netflix amazon etc and not to download software from blogs and rarely reads email using social networks to communicate instead What kind of threat is this user really exposed to Like in detail what security hole it is and what does it do to the PC that should urge this user so much to upgrade and get away from XP a known extremely stable OS Really makes me curious to see people recomend so passionately to upgrade just because of the EOL of the OS

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629979/real-i-said-real-security-threats-and-reasons-to-upgrade/
Relevancy 49.88%

Can someone explain what will happen if I try to run windows 7 on Kaby Lake? Will my computer explode? I understand that Windows 7 won't be able to use the new Speed Shift and Turbo Boost 3.0 technology, but will Windows 7 run at all? Also, I see after July
2018 critical updates will only be addressed for systems running on Skylake. So does this mean if I am running Windows 7 on Haswell I'm out of luck, no security updates for me?

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/windowsitpro/2016/03/18/updates-to-support-policy-for-skylake-devices-running-windows-7-and-windows-8-1/

Jacen

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2ed92b86-4345-4a18-b643-9e81bf0d2b9e/windows-7-and-processor-support-confusion-haswell-skylake-kaby-lake-etc?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 49.88%

I just rebooted my MacBook pro retina and reinstalled windows 10 via bootcamp. I have an external ssd and I usually rely on thunderbolt. It also have usb 3. Problem is, thunderbolt is not being recognized in windows 10. It works with the os x partition. So I am trying to find the correct driver to get it working. I formatted the drive to exFat to work with both os x and windows 10. I want to transfer files back and forth like music, photos and apps. Anyways, my main problem is trying to get the thunderbolt drive to work. My external drive lights up but nothing picks up on windows. Any help I can get? Thanks in advance.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/50454-bootcamp-windows-10-thunderbolt-not-reconized.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi, I have the Dell XPS 2720 (2013) and I have a thunderbolt port in the back of the computer that worked great for my thunderbolt external drive when I had windows 8.1 installed but now since I installed Windows 10. The external drive is not recognize by the thunderbolt port. 
I don't know how to fix this or if there is no current driver out set to fix this but I'm sure other people are having the same problem.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

A:Dell XPS 27 Thunderbolt Port not recognize by Windows 10

Hi,
I've got the same problem.
But when i updated to Windows 10 my WD My Passport RAID-0 Thunderbold-Drive worked fairly fine (crashed some times, wasn't recogniced every time, very slow) but suddenly it stoped working and even my Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt will not be recognised.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19646843
Relevancy 49.02%

At present i am using windows 7.really nice os. Now someone told me that windows 8.1 is much faster than 7.So should I buy windows 8?and is there any way to get start menu like in Windows 7.

A:Please give me reasons why i should use Windows 8.1 over 7

Windows 9 is supposedly due next year, so unless you like spending money, I'd consider buying a new OS then.

You could:
Download a trial version of Windows 8.1 from MSInstall it in a VM manager (like VMware Player)

These alternative Start menu programs seem popular:
Classic Shell (Classic Shell - Start menu and other Windows enhancements)Start8 (The Windows 8 Start menu returns with Start8!)

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/49382-please-give-me-reasons-why-i-should-use-windows-8-1-over-7-a.html
Relevancy 49.02%

If anyone can provide a work around for these please let me know

1.) Class menu is no longer available in windows 7...

2.) you can no longer make a tool bar dock on the right or left side of your screen which is my favorite feature of xp and vista....

Someone please help>?

A:2 Reasons why I HATE Windows 7

As far as the toolbar dock area on the right, MS mentioned they specifically locked 3rd parties out from having access to that area. The reason was they focused on putting icons over there and kept them white by default. In the event anything goes wrong, they turn colors and thus draw attention. They wanted to keep everybody and their brother from creating colorful icons and cluttering up that area...which I can appreciate as that area is usually a rainbow of shapes, sizes, colors, etc. It's just overwhelming.

That's my understanding of what you are seeing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/42881-2-reasons-why-i-hate-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey Guys i have a different reasons windows - 7 on BSOD user at work that is experiencing BSOD couple of time for the last month i got the last dump files each one is for different reason so i m not sure whats exactly is the problem i cleared the BSOD on windows 7 - different reasons page file on his virtual memory but it seems has he some more issues other than that here is the dump files Dump File - - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String DRIVER CORRUPTED BSOD on windows 7 - different reasons EXPOOL Bug Check Code x c Parameter Parameter Parameter Parameter fffff ff aa Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe bc File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe bc Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name BSOD on windows 7 - different reasons Full Path C WINDOWS Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Time AM Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION Bug Check Code x b Parameter c Parameter fffff Parameter fffff af Parameter Caused By Driver ndis sys Caused By Address ndis sys b File Description NDIS driver Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win rtm - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe bc Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C WINDOWS Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Time PM Dump File - - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION Bug Check Code x b Parameter c Parameter fffff cf Parameter fffff b b Parameter Caused By Driver tdx sys Caused By Address tdx sys File Description TDI Translation Driver Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp rtm - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe bc Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C WINDOWS Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Time AM Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Bug Check Code x e Parameter ffffffff c Parameter fffff e eb Parameter fffff a Parameter fffff a ef Caused By Driver ndis sys Caused By Address ndis sys File Description NDIS driver Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win rtm - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe eeb Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C WINDOWS Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Time PM Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE Bug Check Code x f Parameter Parameter Parameter fffffa b Parameter fffff b c d Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe a a File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe a a Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C WINDOWS Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Time PM appreciate the help on this one nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-on-windows-7-different-reasons.1131475/
Relevancy 49.02%

My computer has suddenly started making some sort of sound? (not sure if to define it as a beep - actually maybe its more similar to windows logon sound) sound for no reason

seems to be random, sometimes it will make sound once a minute, sometimes it wont make sound for a few minutes, sometimes it will make sound more then once a minute

sound is coming from extrenal speakers not internal

Last thing I did before it was beeping is to install a windows hotfix and restart, which is when this sound started

other then these sounds, the computer seems to be working fine... how do I identify the problem?

A:windows keeps doing sound for no reasons

ok one event i noticed it happens persistently is when I close a notepad document..does that help pinpoint the problem at all???

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-keeps-doing-sound-for-no-reasons-561546.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello,
I finally upgraded three machines, yesterday, without issue with my neighbours machines to follow. All in all it went very well with no issues.
-Surface Pro 3 i3
-HP Z600 workstation (Hex core etc)
-Custom self built i7 gaming rig
I would put ten reasons why I like it but I'll leave that to others. Sure, of course, the modern UI has, in a sense, shrunk down to a small version of itself but after a quick change it's all perfectly fine.
Loving it. I have zero reasons to return to Windows 8.1. This thread won't get as much attention as the other 'HATE' thread as that's the internet for you. Shame

A:10 Reasons Why I Love Windows 10

1. Start Menu
2. Live tiles on the start menu!
3. Multiple Desktops
4. Edge, baby!
5. Clean look. Love the UI
6. Cortana, Cortana, Cortana!
7. Office Mobile touch apps
8. UWA (Universal Windows Apps)
9. Continuum
10. Hello! Yeah, Windows Hello. I'm gonna need a fingerprint scanner or 3D camera or something now.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/371211-10-reasons-why-i-love-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 49.02%

IT'S NOW OVER TWO YEARS since Microsoft stopped supporting Windows XP, yet organisations of all shapes and sizes continue to use the platform.
Just last week week it was revealed that a whopping 27,000 Metropolitan Police Service machines still run XP, despite the force actively trying to move off the operating system.
Moreover, data from Netmarketshare shows that Windows XP still has a 10 per cent share of the desktop operating system market. This is crazy for an OS that was launched in October 2001.

Article

A:7 reasons Windows XP refuses to die

Although I have always upgraded my OS's, I still prefer xp.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/623475/7-reasons-windows-xp-refuses-to-die/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey I just bought a new desktop and I would like to install win I have the bit version Ultimate However when I try to install it after the quot Starting Windows quot screen with the progress bar and the little flashy flag in the middle a sky blue screen with some quot decorations quot pops up I suppose that s the installation screen A friend told me that an quot Accept agreement quot prompt should appear but it some Windows cannot for 7: unknown install reasons. does not I can move the mouse but nothing happens It just stays there forever The specs of my pc are the follows Processor Intel Core i GHz GT s L - MB Lynnfield LGA BOX Ram x Kingmax GB DDR - PC - Unbuffered HD WesternDigital Hd sataII GB Caviar Green Mb rpm Video Card ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX Mb Gddr bit Dvi HDTV PCi-Ex Motherboard Gigabyte GA-P -US L P i i CrossFire DDR GLan sk ATX What can be the problem Please help I want to use my new pc nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

from Wired com's Gadget Lab Quote Built-In Support for Egregious Hardware-Based DRM Paranoid XP cautious a to look: Reasons Windows 7 take Avoid 7 users won t wish to upgrade to Windows for the same reason they didn take a cautious look: 7 Reasons to Avoid Windows 7 t switch to Vista Like Vista Windows includes support for digital rights management technologies take a cautious look: 7 Reasons to Avoid Windows 7 that could potentially regulate how you use your media Though some alarmists have called Microsoft s DRM draconian the implemented DRM hasn t proved to bear significant consequences yet Ars Technica provides a thorough explanation of the DRM in question In short the technologies called Protected Video Path PVP and Protected User Mode Audio PUMA provide secure playback of video and audio media respectively Little or no media actually demands the use of the protected paths so on most users systems Windows never invokes them wrote Ars Technica s Peter Bright Play back unprotected media on a Vista machine and the DRM subsystems simply don t get used Still there are going to be people cringing in fear that one day PUMA and PVP will screw them over And for that reason they ll be sticking with XP or a totally open OS like Linux Read More Reasons to Avoid Windows Gadget Lab Wired com

A:take a cautious look: 7 Reasons to Avoid Windows 7

Complete drivel written months ago by a Mac user. Here's a much better piece:

AeroXperience Blog Archive 8 reasons not to avoid Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/33619-take-cautious-look-7-reasons-avoid-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 48.16%

My computer has suddenly started making some sort of beeping? (not sure if to define it as a beep - actually maybe its more similar to windows logon sound) sound for no reason

seems to be random, sometimes it will beep once a minute, sometimes it wont beep for a few minutes, sometimes it will beep more then once a minute

sound is coming from extrenal speakers not internal

Last thing I did before it was beeping is to install a windows hotfix and restart, which is when this beeping started

other then the beeping the computer seems to be working fine... how do I identify the problem?

A:windows keeps doing sound (beeping?) for no reasons

can anyone help

its a two note sound not sure how to describe it - not a real beep though... like teeee doooo

one thing i noticed it always happens when I close notepad (Amongst other seemingly random times)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-keeps-doing-sound-beeping-for-no-reasons.988315/
Relevancy 48.16%

Earlier I had Windows 8 Enterprise eval edition installed. That time i never had a crash, atleast I dont remember it bothering me . But when I installed licensed windows 8 Pro it started crashing. I'm not sure it is software or hardware issue. I'm attaching mini dumps here. Could somebody help me analyzing and nail down the issue.

A:Windows 8 crash BSOD with different reasons

Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis: https://www.eightforums.com/bsod-cra...tructions.html

Please remove the overclock while we're troubleshooting. Feel free to resume it once the system has been stabilized.

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

ewusbmdm.sys Thu Sep 10 03:31:54 2009 (4AA8AB6A)
USB Modem/Serial Device Driver - "Huawei Mobile Connect" package
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ewusbmdm.sys

ewusbdev.sys Mon Oct 12 03:23:21 2009 (4AD2D969)
Huawei DataCard USB PN driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ewusbdev.sys

CVPNDRVA.sys Fri Mar 4 14:43:37 2011 (4D7140E9)
Cisco Systems VPN Client
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=CVPNDRVA.sys

dne64x.sys Thu Jul 28 02:34:16 2011 (4E3102E8)
Citrix Deterministic Network Enhancer Miniport or Cisco Systems VPN Client
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=dne64x.sys

RtsUStor.sys Wed Aug 17 02:18:44 2011 (4E4B5D44)
Realtek USB Card Reader
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RtsUStor.sys

WPRO_41_2001.sys Mon Nov 7 16:04:48 2011 (4EB847F0)
CACE Technologies WinPcap Packet Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=WPRO_41_2001.sys

NETwNe64.sys Tue Dec 6 12:48:39 2011 (4EDE5577)
Intel? Wireless WiFi Link Driver
NETwNe64.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Tue Feb 12 13:37:28.181 2013 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\SysnativeBSODApps\021313-10000-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16384.amd64fre.win8_rtm.120725-1247
System Uptime:0 days 0:00:23.892
Probably caused by :Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+4d3 )
BugCheck 139, {3, fffff88019141720, fffff88019141678, 0}
BugCheck Info: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A LIST_ENTRY has been corrupted (i.e. double remove).
Arg2: fffff88019141720, Address of the trap frame for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff88019141678, Address of the exception record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Reserved
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x139
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: LIST_ENTRY_CORRUPT
PROCESS_NAME: explorer.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x139_3_nt!ExDeferredFreePool
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3667U CPU @ 2.00GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2000
CurrentSpeed: 2494

Processor may be overclocked!
Expected Frequency: 2000
Actual Frequency: 2494
Overclock Ratio: 1.247

Manufacturer Intel Corporation
Product Name 2012 Client Platform
BIOS Version ACRVMBY1.86C.0094.P02.1207301240
BIOS Release Date 07/30/2012
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Tue Feb 12 12:51:27.376 2013 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\SysnativeBSODApps\021213-39875-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16384.amd64fre.win8_rtm.120725-1247
System Uptime:0 days 0:00:50.088
Probably caused by :ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::NNGAKEGL::`string'+126c2 )
BugCheck 51, {1, fffff8a00344d010, 10100000, 462}
BugCheck Info: REGISTRY_ERROR (51)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000001, (reserved)
Arg2: fffff8a00344d010, (reserved)
Arg3: 0000000010100000, depends on where Windows bugchecked, may be pointer to hive
Arg4: 0000000000000462, depends on where Windows bugchec... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/20289-windows-8-crash-bsod-different-reasons.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi there everyone new here and such I ve been having several annoying issues with my computer ever since July last year when someone put it into sleep mode instead of turning it off I haven t overclocked my PC in a few years now since my motherboard gets temperamental without the right tweaking but it gets temperamental anyway when it goes to sleep Alas I digress Every so often sometimes within ten minutes of turning it on sometimes ten hours my PC will crash I will get a blue Constant reasons BSOD various Windows 7 for in screen with messages such as quot PAGE Constant BSOD in Windows 7 for various reasons FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA quot quot DRIVER ISSUE quot and other such errors Sometimes there will be no error name at the top Sometimes specific files are identified the names of which I cannot remember However it has been annoying me for ages now and I really cannot for the life of me figure out what it Constant BSOD in Windows 7 for various reasons is I have uploaded some minidumps but I cannot post a Constant BSOD in Windows 7 for various reasons link to them yet because I don t have over posts There are quite a lot of them and I can t read them they open by default in VB which I quot need a registration key to run quot Does anyone have any ideas nbsp

A:Constant BSOD in Windows 7 for various reasons

Go here and read the instructions on how to run some tests and how to post minidumps properly:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51365.html

I assure you that you can attach minidumps right now, and be sure to notice the ZIP function in the Attachment area

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constant-bsod-in-windows-7-for-various-reasons.177753/
Relevancy 48.16%

my computer often stops and the screen turns blue and there are some words on down shut reasons for unknown windows it quot a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer if this is the windows shut down for reasons unknown first time please restart your computer if not do as follow techeck to be sure you have adequate disk space if a driver is identified in the stop message disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates try changing video adapters check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing if you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restant your computer pressF to select Advanced startup Options and then select safe mode technical information stop Ox E Oxc windows shut down for reasons unknown OxAA E OxA c A Ox tepip sys-Address AA E base at AA Datestamp b ad Beginning dump of physical memory phsical memory dump complete contact your system administritor or technical support group for futher assistance quot

A:windows shut down for reasons unknown

Please download SINO by Artellos from hereSave SINO to a place you can remember and run SINO.exe.Then please check the following checkboxes:
[CODEX]System Info
Services
Boot Check
Tasklist
Startup Items
Ipconfig
Ping
Netstat
Hosts file
Shares
Routing Table[/CODEX]Once checked, hit the Run Scan! button and wait for the program to finish the scan.A notepad file will pop up, Please copy and paste the content of the notepad into your next reply.Note: If you try to interact with the program once it's started scanning it might appear to hang. The scan however will continue.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/260406/windows-shut-down-for-reasons-unknown/
Relevancy 48.16%

my computer often stops and the screen turns blue and there are some words on it quot a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer if this is the first time please restart your computer windows down shut reasons for unknown if not do as follow techeck to be sure you have adequate disk space if a driver is identified in the stop message disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates try changing video adapters check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates Disable windows shut down for reasons unknown BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing if you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restant your computer pressF to select Advanced startup Options and then select safe mode technical information stop Ox E Oxc OxAA E OxA c A Ox tepip sys-Address AA E base at AA Datestamp b adBeginning dump of physical memoryphsical memory dump complete contact your system administritor or technical support group for futher assistance quot here's the HijackThis log Logfile windows shut down for reasons unknown of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v windows shut down for reasons unknown SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXEC WINDOWS System bcmwltry exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC program files internet explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exeC WINDOWS system Rundll exeC WINDOWS system conime exeC Program Files Apoint K Apoint exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr ExeC Program Files Apoint K Apntex exeC program files internet explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltuser exeC Program Files Ruijie Supplicant x exeC Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exeD Program Files safe se SE exeD Program Files Tencent QQ Bin QQ exeD Program Files Tencent QQ Bin TXPlatform exeC Downloads HijackThis exeC Program Files Lingoes Translator Lingoes exeC WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exeC WINDOWS notepad exeR - URLSearchHook Tencent SearchHook - DB B - A C- C - CE- B F FF FFE - C Program Files TENCENT SSPlus SAddr dllO - Hosts www qv d cnO - BHO Thunder AtOnce - AEC- FD - fd- C -E D C - d Program Files Thunder Network Thunder ComDlls TDAtOnce Now dllO - BHO Tencent Browser Helper - C C EF-A - B- C- ED - C Program Files TENCENT SSPlus SAddr dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO PIPI Link Helper - A C -F - CAB- EE-C E AE D F - C Program Files pipi JfCheck dllO - BHO IESuper - A F - A E- a - - F D A AEC - C PROGRA IESuper iesuper dllO - BHO QQToolbar - CF A- E D- - E -E D AF - C Program Files Tencent QQToolbar IEBar dllO - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dllO - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Scriptcl dll file missing O - BHO ThunderBHO - D FEB- - - - DD C - D Program Files Thunder Network Thunder ComDlls xunleiBHO Now dllO - BHO Windows Live - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO SafeMon Class - B F DD-F F - DC- EDD- DA D - D... Read more

A:windows shut down for reasons unknown

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far. We are going to check for malware and some of the basic solutions. If nothing works, I will advise you to check over at either the windows or the hardware fourms.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.Please download OTL from following mirror:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards _temp_

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/260627/windows-shut-down-for-reasons-unknown/
Relevancy 47.73%

I hav a intel mothrboard wth intel core2duo E4500 processor in it,a harddrive 320gb sata (seagate),ddr2 ram both of zion each 1gb,makes a total of 2gb..Now problem s that when i boot up my pc, xp starts fine after gvng my account password..On my desktop only my cursor appears nd nthng no desktop shows..An error appears as "Run a app as dll".I simply ok it.Open the task manager and in the new task type"desktop"thn aftr hitting enter desktop appears...And thn wthout ne error or nethng,while i am listening to music or runnin any app it suddenly restarts its very hard to see my pc restarts that way..Plss help me..I also have an antivirus software"bit defender 2009"..Pls tel me why it is so restarting..Thank you sir

A:Windows restarts automatically without any proper reasons??Pls hlp

what are you running
video card
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
wattage

check the listings in the bios for voltages and temperatures and post them

turn off the auto reboot
control panel /system/advanced/startup and recovery settings
then untick the auto reboot box
post any bsod error messages the computer freezes on in full

no error message usually indicates power or heat as the problem

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-restarts-automatically-without-any-proper-reasons-pls-hlp-397392.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Microsoft finally launches the long-awaited Windows Vista Thursfay, promising better security and improved search and claiming it will be the fastest ever adopted operating system it has released.

Article (page 1 of 2[love]) here.
Article (page 2 of 2[hate]) here.

Five things to love about Windows Vista
1- Search or create virtual files
2- Gadgets (drag & drop)
3- Built-in diagnostics
4- Need more oomph? Vista will find it for you...
5- Enhanced help

Five things you'll hate about Windows Vista
1- Your current hardware won't fully run Vista
2- Vista's Aero graphics eat laptop battery power
3- User Account Protection
4- Missing drivers and incompatible applications
5- Troubled sleep

-- Tom

Relevancy 47.73%

Hello I have tried everything I can think of and would reallly love some help INFO Just built computer and BSOD happens at least once a day now Seems to be random errors when it happens I am running a Gigabyte A-D motherboard T Black edition CPU Sticks of Windows random Daily 7 reasons fix! can't BSOD ram gig total SSD gb HD used to store files on TB internal USB g external HD PCI Express Nvidia geForce GTX video card PCI Daily BSOD Windows 7 random reasons can't fix! cheap video card i use for connecting my cable tv into W power Daily BSOD Windows 7 random reasons can't fix! supply twelve inch fans smaller fans PCI USB Header WHAT I TRIED -- I Ran memtest and it passed times -- Did Check disk though i think it only did it on the C drive my SSD Not sure if it auto does all the disk or if i have to enter a new command -- I check for Daily BSOD Windows 7 random reasons can't fix! updated drivers on everything videocards SSD USB header Motherboard -- I ran the intel SSD check program times each time it passed were long test was a short test --I been threw an AntiVirus check MiniToolBox MalwareBytes TDSSKiller exe ESET OnlineScan and aswMBR Found NO issues --Ran speed test to get some data The temp according to speedfan is GPU C Temp C Temp C Temp C HD C Core C and according to speedfan my voltages are Vcore v Vcore V v v b V v V - V - V - v V yes positivie not neg v v Vbat v If there is anything you can do or suggest to help Please do Thanks in Advance Squills Attached minidumps in txt format as i guess my mini dump file was kb too big for attachement but i assume this is same Cheers squills nbsp

A:Daily BSOD Windows 7 random reasons can't fix!

"2 twelve inch fans"

Do you realize just how big 12 inches is, in fan size?. A 12" fan would almost take up an entire side of my full tower case. Don't you mean 120mm? Your minidumps only show general Windows instability... Are you over-clocking? Try raising or the memory voltage (VCC) in the bios, a notch or two. The 1.46v is too low. Bring it up to 1.6 or even 1.8v. The minus 5 volt reading is irrelevant. -5volts is no longer used

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/daily-bsod-windows-7-random-reasons-cant-fix.178398/
Relevancy 47.73%

I first noticed a problem when I was using my computer and the screen just went black I rebooted and before fully doing so the computer went to a screen saying that windows was shutting down to protect Windows shut security down reboot HELP and keeps for to trying reasons my computer with some technical jargon that I unfortunately can't copy paste here or anything but it's one of those blue screens with very plain text hopefully you know what I Windows keeps trying to shut down and reboot for security reasons HELP mean Anyway Windows keeps trying to shut down and reboot for security reasons HELP when I was finally able to get to my desktop I couldn't change the background which had a warning about spyware on my computer I fixed that problem and can change the background but Windows will continue to try to reboot all the time I am also having trouble uninstalling Norton anti-virus which was added in naivety but I already have another anti-virus It freezes when I click on changing it in add remove programs Any help is REALLY appreciated Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Brett Goodman on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Drive C has GiB less than free -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------ Emulating logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows XP Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS system smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C Windows keeps trying to shut down and reboot for security reasons HELP WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS system bgsvcgen exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C WINDOWS ehome ehrecvr exe C WINDOWS ehome ehSched exe C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent Mcdetect exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan Mcshield exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan VsTskMgr exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent McTskshd exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C WINDOWS system TDispVol exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Consumer SBCSSvc exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet THotkey exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files ltmoh ltmoh exe C WINDOWS agrsmmsg exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Tvs TvsTray exe C WINDOWS system TPSMain exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP Toshiba exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C WINDOWS system DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin iFrmewrk exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan shstat exe C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exe C Program Files Common Files Network Associates TalkBack TBMon exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE opwareSE exe C TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet T... Read more

A:Windows keeps trying to shut down and reboot for security reasons HELP

BUMP, please!!!!! I could really use some help here. Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/windows-keeps-trying-to-shut-down-and-reboot-for-security-reasons-help-267031.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey, I have a computer with windows 7 genuine that I am replacing soon and I dont want to buy another copy of windows 7 (i am buying a new hard drive) I still have the windows 7 disc, but wont I have to buy another activation key? I dont care much about backing up old file, all i have really is games. I just dont want to have to buy a new copy and I want the genuine edition. Is there a way around this? like isn't there a way to get your activation key from the current computer and use it on another computer?

A:bring windows 7 to New harddrive

Your activation key is on the COA. you can reuse, if you delete the old install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/176600-bring-windows-7-new-harddrive.html
Relevancy 47.3%
Relevancy 47.3%

Okay so here's my specs - Windows Ultimate - x -bit - Originally had installed Windows XP Home then later XP Professional - both x -bit - No pre-installed OEM - full retail version of all OS mentioned above - Year old system - Main HDD is years maybe - OS was installed in Jan - e - Stock settings ghz - nVidia GX - ASUS P KPL-AM PS Mobo - Coolermaster W silent pro PS Other stuff - x GB HDD OS - x GB HDD - x DVD RW drive DL - Case Antec - x mm Fans Big Boy Thats about my whole system really Two TSF Vista Support Files are attached - with the PERFMON report as HTML file also BSOD's have been frequent and unpredictable since about the th of March - since installing Windows and - 7 reasons x86 also Ultimate Windows - BSOD different Frequent unpredictible up until that point I'd had maybe a or of them Windows 7 Ultimate x86 BSOD - Frequent and unpredictible - different reasons also and since then I've had about - - so about or in a few months then about in less than days They have been for different reasons as well have tried to take pics of the screen to reference but haven't been quick enough with some of them Hope you guys can shed some light on me situation as it's annoying

A:Windows 7 Ultimate x86 BSOD - Frequent and unpredictible - different reasons also

26 memory dumps - towards the end they start trending towards STOP 0x116 and STOP 0x124 errors.

Link to troubleshooting for the STOP 0x116: http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...eshooting.html
Link to troubleshooting for the STOP 0x124: http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...-what-try.html

Running the memory dumps now - but am on a very tenuous wireless connection.....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-ultimate-x86-bsod-frequent-and-unpredictible-different-reasons-also-471986.html
Relevancy 47.3%

When I bring uyp windows XP, I get a message "systwm32\euneinbj.dll can not be found. How do I correcthis problem?

A:WINXP - When I bring up windows, I get a message "Windows\ststem32\euninbj.dll can be

Re-check your spelling of the file name euneinbj.dll ? - I can't find any reference to the file as you've spelled it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/winxp-when-i-bring-up-windows-i-get-a-message-windows-ststem32-euninbj-dll-can-be-633197.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey,

So, recently I downloaded Win7 RC1 and the upgrade is doing alright except it's been upgrading for 17 hours and 20 mins, it's making very slowly progress with the last item .. switching the message at the bottom constantly between "Please Wait..." and "Transferring files, settings and programmes (395931 of 523838 transferred)" it's been on number that for at least 6 hours and 20 mins that i know of.

Should i leave it and hope for the best? or say it's over and it's time to do something about it?

Edit: Specs are RAID0 SATA HDD's, 3GHZ Dual core AMD, 8 GBs of RAM, ATI Radeon HD3870 and I'm upgrading from Vista SP1 to 7RC1

Thanks!

A:Win7 RC1 - How long should an upgrade take?

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is that there's something conflicting with Windows 7. It would of been best to do a clean install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/8449-win7-rc1-how-long-should-upgrade-take.html
Relevancy 47.3%

So Upgrade? Long How Till yeah I bought my PC not too long ago so it s fairly up to date however I have a question to u more experenced-hardcore-hardware-PC guys out How Long Till Upgrade? there How long do I got left till I have to upgrade my machine in order to get some dope performance in the upcomin games So far I got no problems I can run Half Life wid the highests settings and anti-aliasing x Doom wid ultra high settings but widout anit aliasing and few other games such as Far Cry Also got the newly released Battlefield and can run it on highest settings but widout anti-aliasing I can run it wid x on still fairly smooth but not as smooth as I would want it to be What would I have to do to run it with anti-aliasing Also what and when would I have to change in order to run upcoming games How Long Till Upgrade? such as Quake Prey F E A R etc smoothly wid high if not the highest settings My specs r Intel Desktop D GBF Intel P GHz MB DDR ATI Radeon MB GB HD or RPM Windows XP Pro nbsp

A:How Long Till Upgrade?

Thats a nice rig

Though, it may be said:
"All hardware is obsolete at point of sale." puke:

At the rate technology runs, such as, the new to be
release 64 bit stuff, dual/quad core, pci express, sli and on and on. :hotouch:
All of which require a start from scratch to build.
I tend to stay about a year out from new stuff, even games at times.

I can ill afford to replace systems to keep pace with rate of Industry. :knock:
Maybe like my self, use the forum here to make the best of what you
have by:
tweaking
optimizing
streamlining
and even the odd OC'ing
tends to stretch the $$'s alittle more or longer. Rate of upgrade is
intirely up to you and your wallet (mines thin at the moment). :haha:
BtW
Welcome to TechSpot!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-long-till-upgrade.28627/
Relevancy 47.3%

I am upgrading from Windows 7 on a brand new computer. It has been in the "Getting your upgrade ready" stage for at least seven hours and, in fact, has been at 99 percent for at least an hour Is this normal? If not, what should I do?

A:How long should preparation for upgrade take?

Download the ISO from Tech bench and install the upgrade. See here: Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/56870-how-long-should-preparation-upgrade-take.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello, trying to find some key+click combination to bring all windows for a given application to the top of z-order. For example, I have several Putty terminal windows open in the stacked taskbar icon and I want to display all of them, not just the last used. The only work-around I have found so far is to shift+right-click and "minimize all windows" followed by "restore all windows". Any simpler way to do this?

A:Bring to front all windows for a certain application

+1 +1 +1...
Completely surprised that this has received no response in almost two years (698 days). Are droidix and I the only Win7 users who use more than one window of the same application and would like to bring them all to front at once?.

Without even going into third party applications - what if you just want to open two or more explorer windows to copy files from folder to folder? Win7 has given us new "side-by-side" and "stacked" window arrangements that help with this but as soon another application covers these it take many mouse clicks and/or key combinations to display them all again.

Hey Microsoft! Please add a "bring group to front" context menu command to the taskbar! <-- this will probably fall on deaf ears so if there are any third party developers out there that can do this I would gladly pay for the application, could be your road to riches.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/40578-bring-front-all-windows-certain-application.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Microsoft hasn t yet unveiled the new pricing model that it plans to adopt for Windows but some sources close to the development process revealed earlier this year that Redmond was even considering offering the new operating system free of charge to a number of previous customers Does this mean that Windows could be free for existing Windows users Not necessarily but at on Our Ads Windows Could 10 Bring Free Desktops? least those on Windows could get the new OS as a free update while those Could Free Windows 10 Bring Ads on Our Desktops? on Windows Vista and even XP might only have to pay a small fee to switch to this particular version While it s not yet clear whether Windows will indeed be offered free of charge or not some people are afraid that this would actually mean that Microsoft might adopt a completely new strategy that would in the end bring ads on our desktops Posts on the Windows UserVoice thread confirm that some users are indeed afraid of this thing and actually want Windows to be available with a fee in exchange for a no-ad experience User suggestion free updates paid full product One of the users who posted on UserVoice suggests a different approach that would make a lot more sense for Could Free Windows 10 Bring Ads on Our Desktops? Windows considering the possibility of seeing ads in the future release Windows updates That will be a very good suggestion Free windows That s not gonna happen Seriously I wouldn t stand ads all over my desktop because how the heck MS is gonna earn They invested millions of dollars just to perfect the OS They even go creating this site just to satisfy what we want as consumers They believe in this product I can tell but this thread is a very bad suggestion experience and security-wise he says Ads could ruin the whole experience Of course there s nothing confirmed at this point and ads in Windows could only be the result of bad speculation but there s no doubt that ads on the desktop would really ruin the whole experience you get on your PC Basically ads could only be displayed with an always-on Internet connection and some people claim that the Start screen and Metro apps could actually be the only two environments where ads might show up but again such a scenario is very unlikely for the time being More details on the new approach for Windows will be provided next month during a January event focused on consumers when several new features are also expected to be revealed Our take ads on the desktops aren t really a good way to monetize a free Windows so we really doubt that such a thing would happen anytime soon Source nbsp

A:Could Free Windows 10 Bring Ads on Our Desktops?

It would be a good way to kill of Microsoft market share even faster than ever for new operating systems. i can't see it happening in the near future.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/could-free-windows-10-bring-ads-on-our-desktops.39741/
Relevancy 46.87%

Quote Users are reluctant on the concept of free Windows Microsoft hasn't yet unveiled the new pricing model that it plans to adopt for Windows but some sources close to the development process revealed earlier this year that Redmond was even considering offering the new operating system free of charge to a number of previous customers Does this mean that Windows could be free for existing Windows users Not necessarily but at least those on Windows could get the new OS as a free update while those on Windows Vista and even XP might only have to pay a small fee to switch to this particular version While it's Windows Desktops? Our on Ads Could 10 Bring Free not yet clear whether Windows will indeed be Could Free Windows 10 Bring Ads on Our Desktops? offered free of charge or not some people are afraid that this would actually mean that Microsoft might adopt a completely new strategy that would in the end bring ads on our desktops Posts on the Windows UserVoice thread confirm that some users are indeed afraid of this thing and actually want Windows to be available with a fee in exchange for a no-ad experience Could Free Windows Bring Ads on Our Desktops Could Free Windows 10 Bring Ads on Our Desktops? - Softpedia

A:Could Free Windows 10 Bring Ads on Our Desktops?

yep, win10 will bring ads, that is why they integrated bing so tightly with the os. There are also a lot of default apps installed that though they may seem useful, they are nothing but data collectors.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/could-free-windows-10-bring-ads-on-our-desktops-938586.html
Relevancy 46.87%

On XP Pro SP2, I've never had a problem getting to Windows Update. But recently, it brings up the graphics page "use the Start Menu for Windows update" and will display nothing else. It has a "vista" component in the last node of the URL it brings up. This machine has never had Vista on it. How do I get to Windows Update again? Thanks.

A:Windows update will not bring up page

This can be caused by virus problems. Have you done any anti-virus scans?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/198153/windows-update-will-not-bring-up-page/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi everyone!

So I am looking for a way to bring back my Log in/Log off sounds for my Windows 10 PC.

I have loved this feature since I started using XP and want them back in 10.

Anyone found a way to do this?

Thanks, @MrRandomMan

A:How do you bring back Windows Log in/Log off sounds

ME TOO!!! My .wavs play in Control Panel/Sounds/Test after changing
ExcludeFromCPL to a 0, but NOT during Logon or Logoff as Win7 does...

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/23501-how-do-you-bring-back-windows-log-log-off-sounds.html
Relevancy 46.87%

OS - Win I have X issues Vista/ [moved Windows from unknown reasons BSOD 7] -bit Orgainlly there was windows XP on this comp but then upgraded to windows well over maybe years ago I do not remeabre Windows XP came pre-instilled on it We keep upgrading the comp with new parts conitnuely but my video card is around years old motherboard around - and BSOD issues unknown reasons [moved from Vista/ Windows 7] I am not sure about the CPU I have windows seven for years but we reinstilled it twice one BSOD issues unknown reasons [moved from Vista/ Windows 7] time would be years ago and the other time would be year ago my CPU is AMD Athlon X My grapihcs card would be ATI radeon HD RV pro My motherboard is ASUS M N-E and my power supply is Ocz wats Background info I get BSOD's in Bioshock League of legends and GTA including episodes but not in dead space I think it's a computability issue but I am unsure Also I tried to get a BSOD today in order to find out myself BSOD issues unknown reasons [moved from Vista/ Windows 7] which file it was Sadly I did not get a BSOD at all today even though I played Bio shock for an hour usually happens minutes in or GTA for hours happens at around minutes It's really strange that when I go hunting for BSOD's I never get them but when I'm not hunting them I always get them lol Attached Windows vista jcgriff Combine's System info html

Relevancy 46.44%

Before I throw up my hands in Vista 7 ? to how Ultimate - Upgrade long horror and kiss the MacBook Pro can anyone shed any light on my upgrade from Ultimate Vista to 7 Upgrade - how long ? Vista to Ultimate Ignoring all the sane advice to do a clean install apps to reinstall couldnt face it I opted for an upgrade Ran CHKDSK on all OS amp Applications partitions All OK No bad Sectors Defragged everything Ran Tweak VI to check optimise Registry No OS tweaks Disconnected all external eSATA USB data stores Ran Windows Upgrade Advisor - highlighted iTunes de-authorise IntelliType Point drivers and RAID driver for Adaptec RAID A channel card not in use but installed Have MS Student Upgrade DVD Opted to install upgrade in existing partition C Gb with free Booted from MS Win DVD it started amp I guess set up the install partition with required files then downloaded some files to update Vista from the Internet and asked me to boot back into Vista OS and run the upgrade from there weird I thought Followed the localisation instructions and left the upgrade to run overnight My Vista OS is some GB the Apps some applications are GB and located in Disk Two are the User Profiles Data of some GB The rest Gb on Disk and Gb on Disk are static data files iso avi mp mp cannot see how they'd be relevant to the upgrade process time After hours yes hours the Dell G is in Energy Saver Mode so cannot ' see ' what's happening Disk activity NIL so I hard reboot back into the HD not the install DVD Win splash screen comes up it says not finished the Install Process reboot and its now continuing the install HD light flickering disk chattering How long is this going to take If the Dell G is in Energy Saver Mode how will I know when its finished Has anyone done this upgrade successfully When do I call it a day reformat C drive and clean install and set aside days to reinstall all the applications Thanks in advance M amp C

A:Ultimate Vista to 7 Upgrade - how long ?

I have heard of Vista upgrades taking up to 20 hours... Yes, it works, but I would always recommend a clean install over an upgrade... stability over expediency wins every time..

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/39566-ultimate-vista-7-upgrade-how-long.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all. I've been astonished about how wireless is managed in Windows 8. I find it very unproductive that part of the taskbar is covered when selecting a Wireless/wired network.

Is there a way to bring the Windows 7 Manager back?
Or is there a way to chop off part of the metro bar that comes up, so it doesn't take up part of the taskbar?

Thanks a lot guys!

A:Is it possible to bring back Windows 7 Network Manager to Windows 8?

If you use the control panel, it's same as win7 or have I misunderstood you?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/7143-possible-bring-back-windows-7-network-manager-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 46.44%

i tried to add:  bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy but i still cant access the safe mode?

A:how do i bring back the old f8 safe mode in windows 8,1

That should work so make sure you are running in an Administrator Command Prompt... Also Windows 8.1 has a feature called "Fast Boot" or "Fast Startup" that while it allows Windows to boot up faster it does restrict commands like this from running... Try turning that off and rebooting and you should be good...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590526/how-do-i-bring-back-the-old-f8-safe-mode-in-windows-81/
Relevancy 46.44%

I tried to do a search for this, but didn't come up with anything. Basically I want to know how to bring all of the windows within a group back to their original sizes.

For instance let's say I've got two Word files open side by side. If I go to a maximized Google window to look something up now I have to click on both word files separately. After a while this gets to be a bit of annoyance. I'd like to know how to click on the Word tab and bring both word windows back to the size they were before another window was on top.

Thanks.

A:How to bring all related windows back to size

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Don't know if this link is of any use, but I'll post it anyway.

Manage multiple windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/169714-how-bring-all-related-windows-back-size.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi friends,
I am having problem with the touch keypad. It is not displaying some buttons such as that of alt, caps , windows key etc. They are all present on the On-screen Keyboard but not on the touch keypad. Although I am using touch keypad without any touch devices, I like the touch keypad more than OSK due to it's sliding feature. Please can anyone tell me how to bring full layout to touch keypad.I think Windows is not providing me any option cause I don't have any touch enabled devices on my PC.Anyone know how to do it from registry or configuration file or anything like that. Many thanks.

I have this touch keypad:

And I want to change it to like this:

Many thanks.

A:how to bring windows 8 full touch keypad

Create a custom keyboard layout and use it instead of the standard one.
Similar thread with step-by-step link at the end.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/25860-how-bring-windows-8-full-touch-keypad.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Quote:
With Windows 7's debut right around the corner, program developers are working to fine tune their software for Microsoft's latest operating system. In addition to the other interface tweaks and new features, Windows 7's revamped taskbar is probably the first thing that will catch your eye.

more..

A:Firefox 3.7 to bring Windows 7 jumplist support

Quote: Originally Posted by Airbot

Quote:
With Windows 7's debut right around the corner, program developers are working to fine tune their software for Microsoft's latest operating system. In addition to the other interface tweaks and new features, Windows 7's revamped taskbar is probably the first thing that will catch your eye.

more..

Nice Aaron, although I must have misread it, as I installed the version it linked to in the article and it did not offer any jumplist support or the other things it mentioned.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/27874-firefox-3-7-bring-windows-7-jumplist-support.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello,

I'm working on a computer and the person had the "Windows XP Recovery" virus. We got the system free of malware, but one of the things it did was hid many of the programs, and even now with the virus gone it the programs are still missing.

I know they are still there. Microsoft Word was one of the missing programs, but I was still able to open the program by opening a word document.

How can I find where they are hidden and return them to their proper spot?

Thank you in advance.

Markevens

A:"Windows XP Recovery" hid programs. How do I bring them back?

Hi!Try this:Please download UnHide.exe by Grinler.It will unhide folders/files that were set to be hidden by the infection you had.NEXT:Let me know if your items have been restored.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/401196/windows-xp-recovery-hid-programs-how-do-i-bring-them-back/
Relevancy 46.44%

Since two days ago, I've gotten an alarming number of BSOD's. They all happen at random times, whether I'm playing CS:GO or I'm sitting at the login screen. They have gotten very frequent, to where I can maybe get 10 minutes of uptime before it crashes again. Any help is appreciated.

Here are my computer specs: Intel Core i5-2500K, EVGA GeForce GTX 760, Cooler Master HAF 912 - Euclydes - Swerdman55's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker

I've also tried running my computer with one RAM stick at a time, but it happened with each one individually.

I'm currently running memtest, I'll update this post when I get the results on any passes or fails. (It is currently at 2 passes and zero errors)

Here is a link to a zip file of all the dump files: http://www.filedropper.com/euclydes-tue0524201617230265

A:Windows 7 Several Blue Screens, at seemingly random times, for a myriad of reasons

Welcome to TSF,

Check these 3rd-party drivers to see if you can update any of them to the latest.

Code:
CM10864.sys Thu Oct 4 16:59:51 2012 (506D5007)
EtronHub3.sys Sat May 21 09:20:28 2011 (4DD7135C)
EtronXHCI.sys Sat May 21 09:20:26 2011 (4DD7135A)
GEARAspiWDM.sys Fri May 4 03:56:17 2012 (4FA2E2E1)
HECIx64.sys Wed Sep 22 00:59:04 2010 (4C98E458)
IntcDAud.sys Tue Aug 23 21:12:57 2011 (4E53A759)
MpFilter.sys Fri Oct 30 14:29:35 2015 (56330E4F)
NvStreamKms.sys Mon May 2 05:00:16 2016 (57266E60)
RTKVHD64.sys Tue Jun 7 20:45:44 2011 (4DEE1D78)
Rt64win7.sys Mon May 16 22:53:31 2011 (4DD13A6B)
amdxata.sys Sat Mar 20 00:18:18 2010 (4BA3A3CA)
athrx.sys Wed Nov 24 08:11:58 2010 (4CEC584E)
cpuz135_x64.sys Wed Sep 21 16:23:41 2011 (4E799F0D)
ctxusbm.sys Fri May 13 11:05:00 2011 (4DCC9FDC)
dtsoftbus01.sys Fri Jan 13 21:45:46 2012 (4F10358A)
gdrv.sys Fri Mar 13 11:22:29 2009 (49B9D175)
igdkmd64.sys Wed Aug 1 01:50:01 2012 (50181AC9)
intelppm.sys Tue Jul 14 07:19:25 2009 (4A5BC0FD)
nvhda64v.sys Fri Mar 25 03:26:36 2016 (56F43F6C)
nvhda64v.sys Mon Sep 21 17:44:17 2015 (55FFD171)
nvlddmkm.sys Fri May 20 09:25:49 2016 (573E679D)
nvlddmkm.sys Tue May 10 06:57:39 2016 (573115E3)
nvvad64v.sys Tue Apr 12 16:46:52 2016 (570CB5FC)
usbaapl64.sys Thu Jun 11 14:08:10 2015 (557925CA)
xusb21.sys Fri Aug 14 06:10:17 2009 (4A848F49)
Driver Reference Table - CM10864.sys
Driver Reference Table - EtronHub3.sys
Driver Reference Table - EtronXHCI.sys
Driver Reference Table - GEARAspiWDM.sys
Driver Reference Table - HECIx64.sys
Driver Reference Table - IntcDAud.sys
Driver Reference Table - MpFilter.sys
Driver Reference Table - NvStreamKms.sys
Driver Reference Table - RTKVHD64.sys
Driver Reference Table - Rt64win7.sys
Driver Reference Table - amdxata.sys
Driver Reference Table - athrx.sys
Driver Reference Table - cpuz135_x64.sys
Driver Reference Table - ctxusbm.sys
Driver Reference Table - dtsoftbus01.sys
Driver Reference Table - gdrv.sys
Driver Reference Table - igdkmd64.sys
Driver Reference Table - intelppm.sys
Driver Reference Table - nvhda64v.sys
Driver Reference Table - nvhda64v.sys
Driver Reference Table - nvlddmkm.sys
Driver Reference Table - nvlddmkm.sys
Driver Reference Table - nvvad64v.sys
Driver Reference Table - usbaapl64.sys
Driver Reference Table - xusb21.sys

However i will note that xusb21.sys is the Xbox controller driver and is currently out-of-date. You have the 2009 version which is known to cause BSOD on Windows 7 64-bit systems.

If the crashes still remain follow this link.
Driver Verifier - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista (BSOD-related)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-several-blue-screens-at-seemingly-random-times-for-a-myriad-of-reasons-1122330.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I'm new to these forums There is a long story before I get to how the re-imaging part takes too long so please bare with me I recently upgraded my computer with a new motherboard processor RAM and video card Before I did this I installed a second fully functional TB internal hard drive just to hold the system image and my important documents I made a system image using the native software that was available on Windows To be clear I made a GB system Taking Computer Upgrade Long, Re-Imaging Too image from my first TB internal hard drive and put it on the second TB internal hard drive I also moved my important documents over to the second hard drive The second drive was completely formatted and turned into a Basic drive beforehand After installing the new components I Re-Imaging Taking Too Long, Computer Upgrade wiped my first hard drive deleting all partitions on it but I forgot that I had one more set of folders that I forgot to move over to the second hard drive However since I had the system image on the second hard drive I figured Re-Imaging Taking Too Long, Computer Upgrade that I could use that to re-image the first hard drive pull the files and wipe it again Now since the old motherboard and CPU drivers were saved on the system image I figured Windows wouldn't be able to load but as long as the first hard drive contained my files I thought it wouldn't matter since I could just install the hard drive on the family computer pull the files put it back into my computer and start the installation process all over again However when I tried to re-image my first hard drive with the image I had on the second hard drive I got an error saying that the recovery tools were not compatible or something to that extent At this point I figured that since the system image was SP if I installed Win on my first hard drive and upgrade to SP then it would be compatible so that's exactly what I did After upgrading to SP I tried to re-image the first hard drive but this time I used the Win disk in order to do so I booted from the Win CD got to the system image restore and got an image similar to this Where it says quot Intel Raid Volume quot I had my C drive I assumed that the C drive was my first hard drive so I didn't check anything In the next window I was told that my first hard drive would be formatted and re-partitioned so I said yes When the system was preparing for the re-imaging I got an error saying that re-imaging failed and the system would restart Of course since my first hard drive was formatted Windows didn't load so I tried the re-image again I didn't get the error and it showed that the system was quot Restoring disk C quot However it was taking WAY too long hours into the restore it didn't even go halfway I left it running while I was at work and I just came home now and saw that my system was completely frozen The mouse pointer didn't move and I left it like that for a few minutes After half an hour I held the power button down to turn it off and tried the re-imaging again It was going as slowly as it did the second time around so I canceled the restore turned it off registered to these forums off my family computer and here I am right now I'm thinking that I should replace all the old parts and try the restore again but other than that I'm stuck as to what I should do Please help me If it helps these are my build specs Before the Upgrade x Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case comes with Three Fans- x Front Blue LED mm Fan x Top mm Fan x Rear mm Fan option Fans- x Side mm Fan x ASUS M A XTD EVO AM AMD X ATX AMD Motherboard x SAPPHIRE - L Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card x SeaSonic M II Bronze W ATX V v EPS V v SLI Ready PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply x AMD Phenom II X Black Edition Deneb GHz Socket AM W Quad-Core Processor HDZ FBGMBOX x G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBRL x Seagate... Read more

A:Re-Imaging Taking Too Long, Computer Upgrade

I did some more digging around on this site, and I'm going to try this:

System Image - Extract Files Using Disk Management[2]=Backup Restore

If this works, I will, in this specific order:

1. Jump for joy
2. Feel like an idiot for not seeing this before posting this thread

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/235720-re-imaging-taking-too-long-computer-upgrade.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Since this is my first gaming PC, I know basically nothing about how long a graphics card will last before needing an upgrade to keep playing newer games. I'm getting a bit worried with the 6000 series already out, and I'm still using a 4000 series. I have the money, I just do not want to buy a new card until it will actually do me some good.

A:ATi Radeon HD 4890 - How long until an upgrade is needed?

Hello there, mate

Well, the HD 4890 is similar in performance to a GTX 280, it's better than a HD 4870 of course but is less powerful than a HD 5830, GTX 285 and GTX 460.

You'd need it if you run games at extremely high resolutions with extremely high details on graphics, or if you're an enthusiast

The HD 6900 Series are actually top on the line, HD 6970 is between the GTX 480 and the GTX 570.

But again, if your games are perfect now, you don't need to upgrade

Also, HD 4000 Series supports Dx10.1, HD 5000/6000 series have full Dx11 support, that's another thing to have in mind.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/141395-ati-radeon-hd-4890-how-long-until-upgrade-needed.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Let me first address a few things - I have read extensively on this topic using guides such as this to determine whether or not I have bootable media for UEFI which I do - I have both an original unused Windows Pro w SP x install DVD connected through the USB external DVD burner that was provided by the computer manufacturer as well as a gb USB stick that I created using Rufus the settings are all correct and specified for UEFI GPT FAT and all that and slipstreamed with Intel's USB drivers for Windows x Both devices boot and give me the same result the freeze at quot Starting Windows quot where the dots start moving around momentarily before freezing in place - Booting the DVD in Safe Mode still gives me a freeze The last quot Loaded quot item in the list is disk sys - I've seen it mentioned that some NVIDIA cards have had issues with UEFI and or Windows booting installation so I tried switching off the quot switchable graphics quot option in my bios so that my system would run using the integrated Intel graphics which I would assume it had been doing anyway Still the Skylake install UEFI-boot "Starting on at Win7x64 Windows" hangs same result either way - I am not dual-booting nor do I have any desire to use legacy bios if it's going to stick me in an infinite boot loop like the last time I tried that My laptop a Lenovo Y - ISK has no option to use Win7x64 UEFI-boot install hangs at "Starting Windows" on Skylake any quot UEFI Compatibility quot option--I am only given the choice Win7x64 UEFI-boot install hangs at "Starting Windows" on Skylake between one or the other - Secure Boot is disabled As are Intel Platform Trust Technology I've toggled this Win7x64 UEFI-boot install hangs at "Starting Windows" on Skylake one on off for different attempts as well Fast Boot and OS Optimized Defaults the latter of which I'm not sure should be disabled or not Enabled quot When load default values will load pure UEFI mode default values Win and later OS support pure UEFI mode quot Disabled quot When load default values will load legacy support mode default values quot The quot Disabled quot option there leads me to believe that selecting UEFI as my Boot Mode and disabling OS Optimized Defaults sort of gives you a quot UEFI legacy bios quot option that is missing from the actual Boot Mode choices Exactly how wrong am I - My SSD was included with the comp and probably has multiple partitions including a restore option I don't want need to keep any of the data currently on the drive Some specs Skylake i - HQ GB DDR RAM NVIDIA M GB DDR xUSB xUSB might be relevant because Skylake I dunno M SSD Bios version CDCN WW A couple of thoughts -Could the fact that I have gt gb of RAM have any impact -This model of Lenovo laptop was released in mid late Do I need to flash any bios I have no real experience in that regard but I also wouldn't think there have been any updates crucial to my success that hadn't already been preinstalled on systems for quite some time now I'm pretty late to this party -Could I need a USB device in order to get my installation media to agree with Skylake I was thinking that the Skylake USB Win issue only went so far as the booting stage but I'm not so sure I'm afraid to switch to Legacy at all because the last time I did on another system it resulted in an infinite boot loop that I don't think could've been fixed without opening up the system and thus voiding the warranty which I'd like to avoid in case I brick something I should clarify my earlier edited statement that said I won't use legacy at all--I'm happy to use it if it works but I'm afraid to flip that switch because I wasn't able to boot from any media following that step Thanks for reading All help and suggestions are appreciated If there's any more info I can provide please let me know I'll be updating this post over the next couple of hours with anything I think is relevant

A:Win7x64 UEFI-boot install hangs at "Starting Windows" on Skylake

Quote: Originally Posted by Jawn

Enabled: "When load default values, will load pure UEFI mode default values. Win8 and later OS support pure UEFI mode"
Disabled: "When load default values, will load legacy support mode default values."

Windows 7 does not support pure UEFI mode.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jawn

My laptop, a Lenovo Y700-15ISK

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-...2230302/page/4

Quote:
Y700 15ISK - How to install windows 7 64bit?

Probably too late, but this helped me... https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...reator-Utility make usb installation of windows and run this program... in bios boot set legacy... that?s all and easy.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/397460-win7x64-uefi-boot-install-hangs-starting-windows-skylake.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all ( Happy New Year .... coming soon )

i was wondering if it is possible to bring the old-fashion Disk Defragmentation which we used previously in Windows XP

i mean this one:
instead of this one:
the problem facing me when using Disk Defragmentation in Windows Vista is i cant see reports or see the graph of my disk before and after the Defragmentation process. besides, i feel more comfortable with the old Defragmentation appearance found in Windows XP.

is it possible to bring back the Disk Defragmentation appearance in Windows Vista.

Thanks.

A:How to bring the old-fashion Disk Defragmentation in Windows Vista

Hello CityStars,

Yes, but you will need to use a 3rd party program like the free Auslogics Disk Defrag instead.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/195807-how-bring-old-fashion-disk-defragmentation-windows-vista.html
Relevancy 46.01%

See this?
Grants Pass Weather - Grants Pass Weather Cameras

It's a Christmas webcam. If you mouse over it, you get an "EMAIL THIS" icon. Click it, I get "Windows Live Mail" come up.

Don't use it. Never have. Yahoo! Mail is my default MAILTO: program, and it works fine.

Why does this come up?

A:Why does this URL email icon bring up Windows Live Mail?

I just get the picture, no email icon

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/201770-why-does-url-email-icon-bring-up-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi. I have clean installed windows 10 to my desktop. I signed in with my microsoft account and it synced all the settings with my laptop which, uses 8.1. I don't wan't it to do this. Instead, I want to set up my new windows 10 properly and then use those settings also with my laptop. Is there a way to do this? I am open to clean installing again.

Appreciating your help

A:i don't want to bring synced settings to my clean install of windows 10

Hi this might help https://www.infopackets.com/news/965...10-email-login

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/i-dont-want-to-bring-synced-settings-to-my-clean-install-of-windows-10-a-1030425.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Microsoft is expected to launch a major update to Windows 10, known as Threshold Wave 2, sometime in November, bringing a collection of new features and non-bug-fix updates to the operating system.

Read more

A:Future Windows 10 update to bring several visual tweaks

Hate this flat graphic style of GUIs in recent years

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/future-windows-10-update-to-bring-several-visual-tweaks.219002/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi. I have clean installed windows 10 to my desktop. I signed in with my microsoft account and it synced all the settings with my laptop which, uses 8.1. I don't wan't it to do this. Instead, I want to set up my new windows 10 properly and then use those settings also with my laptop. Is there a way to do this? I am open to clean installing again.

Appreciating your help

A:i don't want to bring synced settings to my clean install of windows 10

Press the Windows flag key + i &#8594; Accounts &#8594; Your Account (Left pane) &#8594; Manage my Microsoft Account (Right pane)
A website should open, if you scroll down you will see attached devices linked to your account. Remove which ever device you don't want information to sync from.
Also under Accounts you can turn off sync settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-dont-want-to-bring-synced-settings-to-my-clean-install-of-windows-10.1153335/
Relevancy 46.01%

Whenever i click on a button for a window in the taskbar instead of bringing it to the front it makes it flash orange like a messenger window. Also i cannot right click on the taskbar window buttons but i can right click the taskbar itself.

other thoughts:
windows xp pro sp2
internet explorer 6

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/taskbar-buttons-wont-bring-windows-to-front-280527.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Motherboard has VM800 on it

ive tried another psu

post test (with just the cpu, ram, mobo)

tried looking up some bios beep codes but cant seem to see anything anywhere
for long long long long long beep codes, just repeating hmm wondering if anyone
knows?

tried clearing cmos also and other jumpers........

A:Bios Beep Codes anyone know what long long long is?

heres a site with codes
http://www.bioscentral.com/

the award bios seems to have this continous and reports a memory error
http://bioscentral.com/beepcodes/awardbeep.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-beep-codes-anyone-know-what-long-long-long-is.678421/
Relevancy 44.29%

First off this is my first time posting on these boards If this is the wrong location for this please move this My rig win xp sp intel core duo ghz part upgraded Crucial gb ddr ram nForce i sli mobo part upgraded W PSU Problem After changing out the mobo and cpu sorry I m unsure exactly what it was before install and loading times for games are a lot slower then they where before We are talking min install times becoming hour waits This is not just limited to only one program game The programs do install properly after they install and games run fine after the long load times At first I believed it was because I run everything on my external hard drive but that is not the case I tried running stuff on the internal one and the problem was the same What I have done so far Updated all drivers Checked to see if all previous hardware is compatible Checked to see if cores are working properly Loaded quot optimized settings quot in bios Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Long install/loading times after Core 2 Duo/mobo(nForce 750i SLI) upgrade

Did you re-install XP fresh after the upgrades?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/long-install-loading-times-after-core-2-duo-mobo-nforce-750i-sli-upgrade.171331/
Relevancy 43%

Wasn't sure what section for W7 new installing system my help Need onto Skylake this feel free to move to the appropriate sub forum Ok I'm trying to install windows x onto an ssd via a usb Need help installing W7 onto my new Skylake system drive packaged with Gigabyte's USB drivers needed for the Intel motherboards Tools and procedure located here GIGABYTE Tech Daily Having Trouble Installing Windows By USB With Your GIGABYTE Series Motherboard I am able to boot with the drive into the Windows install process however when I go to select my partitioned disk and hit next to begin copying files I get a pop up that displays this error quot Windows cannot be installed to this disk The selected disk has an MBR partition table On EFI systems Windows can only be installed to GPT disks quot Now I specifically partitioned the disk using Shift F and Diskpart because I do not want the MB System Reserved partition for Bitlocker or whatever http www sevenforums com tutorials ndows- -a html And I have done this multiple times over the years re-installing Windows when installing from the dvd But it's not working here If I go back into Diskpart and try to convert to GPT I first have to wipe the drive with the 'clean' command which results in an unallocated disk to install onto which I don't want So after typing convert gpt I then type 'create part primary' and then 'format fs ntfs quick' and finally 'assign' then go back and refresh the disk in the prompt the MBR error is no longer there But when I hit Next to begin copying files it gives me quot Setup was unable to create a new partition or locate an existing system partition See the Setup log files for more information quot Can somebody please help me out of this endless maze I know Im likely forgetting something very simple I don't even know if the Gigabyte usb drivers will work yet as I've still not even gotten into windows mode The new motherboard i am using is a Gigabyte GA-Z x- UD board latest F BIOS with GB ram Thanks for any help

A:Need help installing W7 onto my new Skylake system

I also have a Gigabyte Skylake MB.
I suppose you already added the USB 3 and SATA drivers into the installation disk.
I've created a tutorial to do so. Recommend you to read as the Gigabyte tool doesn't install the drivers into the Win PE (for maintenance) and to the installation.

First of all, on BIOS you must set:
Secure boot = Other OS
CSM = UEFI

Boot your installation disk under UEFI (press F12 at POST beep and choose UEFI mode)
Win 7 64 UEFI mode has at least 3 partitions:
100M Fat 32 UEFI for the boot loader.
120 M raw for MSR
a large NTFS for C: and Windows
The way you are creating partitions with Diskpart will create Legacy MBR not GPT UEFI disk.
Let Windows create them for you. The 120 M raw for MSR will be created, but it's only 0.1% of the disk (or less).
Just go advanced, delete all partitions, create new (will create the 3) and install at the big one.
As you're installing on a SSD, use Kari tutorial (sysprep) to move \Users to the HDD.
User Profiles - Create and Move During Windows 7 Installation
I do have the Relocate.xml if you need.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/401915-need-help-installing-w7-onto-my-new-skylake-system.html
Relevancy 43%

Wasn't sure what section for this feel free to move to the appropriate sub forum Ok I'm trying to new my W7 installing system Skylake Need onto help install windows x onto an ssd via a usb drive packaged with Gigabyte's USB drivers needed for Need help installing W7 onto my new Skylake system the Intel motherboards Tools and procedure located here GIGABYTE Tech Daily Having Trouble Installing Windows By USB With Your GIGABYTE Series Motherboard I am able to boot with the drive into the Windows install process however when I go to select my partitioned disk and hit next to Need help installing W7 onto my new Skylake system begin copying files I get a pop up that displays this error quot Windows cannot be installed to this disk The selected disk has an MBR partition table On EFI systems Windows can only be installed to GPT disks quot Now I specifically partitioned the disk using Shift F and Diskpart because I do not want the MB System Reserved partition for Need help installing W7 onto my new Skylake system Bitlocker or whatever http www sevenforums com tutorials ndows- -a html And I have done this multiple times over the years re-installing Windows when installing from the dvd But it's not working here If I go back into Diskpart and try to convert to GPT I first have to wipe the drive with the 'clean' command which results in an unallocated disk to install onto which I don't want So after typing convert gpt I then type 'create part primary' and then 'format fs ntfs quick' and finally 'assign' then go back and refresh the disk in the prompt the MBR error is no longer there But when I hit Next to begin copying files it gives me quot Setup was unable to create a new partition or locate an existing system partition See the Setup log files for more information quot Can somebody please help me out of this endless maze I know Im likely forgetting something very simple I don't even know if the Gigabyte usb drivers will work yet as I've still not even gotten into windows mode The new motherboard i am using is a Gigabyte GA-Z x- UD board latest F BIOS with GB ram Thanks for any help

I suppose you already added the USB 3 and SATA drivers into the installation disk.
I've created a tutorial to do so. Recommend you to read as the Gigabyte tool doesn't install the drivers into the Win PE (for maintenance) and to the installation.

Secure boot = Other OS
CSM = UEFI

Boot your installation disk under UEFI (press F12 at POST beep and choose UEFI mode)
120 M raw for MSR
The way you are creating partitions with Diskpart will create Legacy MBR not GPT UEFI disk.
Let Windows create them for you. The 120 M raw for MSR will be created, but it's only 0.1% of the disk (or less).
Just go advanced, delete all partitions, create new (will create the 3) and install at the big one.
As you're installing on a SSD, use Kari tutorial (sysprep) to move \Users to the HDD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/401915-need-help-installing-w7-onto-my-new-skylake-system.html
Relevancy 43%

Trying to install either win7, 8 and 10 onto a new build.

Motherboard = Gygabyte Z170 Gaming K3 (Skylake platform)

No, reading a good few websites i need to add an updated set of drivers to either the USB stick when creating an boot usb media

or i believe win 10 has these already in the setup files? (can somebody confirm?)

anyway, no matter what i've tried, i can't get any OS to see the HDD
likes of this

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/53607-install-os-skylake-m-b-no-drivers-see-hdd.html
Relevancy 43%

W540: i7-4700mq, K2100m, 16 GB RAM, 500 GB Samsung 840 EVOT510: i7-620m, NVS 3100m, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB Samsung 840 EVO

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Can-the-skylake-thinkpads-boot-from-a-950-pro/td-p/3366420
Relevancy 43%

Wasn't sure what section for this feel free to move to the appropriate sub forum Ok I'm trying to install windows x onto new onto my installing Need help system Skylake W7 an ssd via a usb drive packaged with Gigabyte's USB drivers needed for the Intel motherboards Tools and procedure located here Need help installing W7 onto my new Skylake system GIGABYTE Tech Daily Having Trouble Installing Windows By USB With Your GIGABYTE Series Motherboard I am able to boot with the drive into the Windows install process however when I go to select my partitioned disk and hit next to begin copying files I get a pop up that displays this error quot Windows cannot be installed to this disk The selected disk has an MBR partition table On EFI systems Windows can only be installed to GPT disks quot Now I specifically partitioned the disk using Shift F and Diskpart because I do not want the MB System Reserved partition for Bitlocker or whatever http www sevenforums com tutorials ndows- -a html And I have done this multiple times over the years re-installing Windows when installing from the dvd But it's not working here If I go back into Diskpart and try to convert to GPT I first have to wipe the drive with the 'clean' command which results in an unallocated disk to install onto which I don't want So after typing convert gpt I then type 'create part primary' and then 'format fs ntfs quick' and finally 'assign' then go back and refresh the disk in the prompt the MBR error is no longer there But when I hit Next to begin copying files it gives me quot Setup was unable to create a new partition or locate an existing system partition See the Setup log files for more information quot Can somebody please help me out of this endless maze I know Im likely forgetting something very simple I don't even know if the Gigabyte usb drivers will work yet as I've still not even gotten into windows mode The new motherboard i am using is a Gigabyte GA-Z x- UD board latest F BIOS with GB ram Thanks for any help

Secure boot = Other OS
CSM = UEFI

120 M raw for MSR

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/401915-need-help-installing-w7-onto-my-new-skylake-system.html
Relevancy 43%

I see that the new I7's are out and some information is being leaked on performance. I currently have a 3570K, with 16g ram and a GTX 970 video card. I was waffling on upgrading to an entirely new system next year (2016) but wanted to wait and see if the prices come down or if NEW chips were decidedly better.

Would anyone like to chime in if they have first hand experience on the 5930K vrs the newer 6700K?

Price and cost are not really a deciding factor in this issue. I was going to migrate from an I5 to an I7 an thought that the 5930K was a significant better chip and longer term investment (compared to my I5).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-skylake-6700k-or-5930k.217588/
Relevancy 43%

Hi all It's been a while since I've built PC recently started configuring a new build and faced odd opinions so please clear it up if possible Budget - - euro PC for intensive home use office internet movies games a bit torrents videoediting drawing in GIMP and photoediting virtual PC as two-monitor system already purchased ' x for office and internet and x ' monitor for movies and photos OS - Windows bit Pro box Initially I had been considering the following config i K Asus z ProGaming because it has maximum number of USB ports among z MBs Asus GTX when available Gb DDR RAM x Gb Samsung or Hynix Haswell PC or 7? New Win Skylake for - build Gb SSD Samsung Pro NVMe Tb HDD Fractal Design R or other good case with usb ports - Power But then I was told and read some news afterwards that Windows can't be easely installed on Skylake no XHCI and USB support on Win during installation no EHCI and USB controllers on z and usb ports might function unstable - so only Haswell z is for Win Windows has extreme privacy concerns and strongly not recommended for use Samsung Pro requires some difficult procedures to install Win - even installing OS on another SSD and then cloning it to GTX is for Skylake only becouse it's based on PCI-e while Haswell z mostly has PCI-e a few PCI-e lines will be used for SSD and can't make show everything it's capable of It seems that if I'd like to use Win I'll be limited to Haswell z platform New PC build - Skylake or Haswell for Win 7? no GPU no Pro SSD no DDR etc or I'll have to use Win I theoretically can imagine that Intel tries to help MS to make Win popular but I hardly believe that Nvidia will produce cards that are obsolete on OS that has market share Or maybe all home users-pc gamers have already upgraded to Win Can't believe it New PC build - Skylake or Haswell for Win 7? So will I be able to install Win Pro to the New PC build - Skylake or Haswell for Win 7? above Skylake Pro PC config As for the config - is Asus MB z Pro Gaming stable and reliable enough I've read contradictory reviews on this and z MBs in general Is SSD recommended for videorendering or HDD can be used considering Gb SSD for videoediting if HHD can be used without slowing then I'll take Pro Gb Is Gb RAM enough And is the given above config ok or you can see some drawbacks Thanks a lot in advance

http://www.pchelpforum.com/computer-diy/129943-new-pc-build-skylake-haswell-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I understand that if I buy a new computer with a a fast Intel Skylake processor, I can not run any operating system except Windows 10. In other words, I can not run Windows 7 or 8.1. Is that so and why? Thanks for any answers you all have. Brad

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/New-computer-with-Intel-Skylake-processor/td-p/5819398
Relevancy 42.57%

Skylake overclocking and undervolting guide nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp This guide will show you how to overclock your Skylake nbsp CPU using Intel Extreme Tuning Utility or also known as Intel XTU If you do not have a processor with overclocking Skylake and undervolting guide.....Yo... an unlocked multiplier overclocking may either be disabled or severely limited Use undervolting and overclocking with caution Lowering the voltage too much nbsp can cause Skylake overclocking and undervolting guide.....Yo... instability Overvolting is very dangerous and not recommended Note that Skylake nbsp is very sensitive to increasing voltages This will greatly increase temperatures of the processor nbsp Undervolting your Skylake overclocking and undervolting guide.....Yo... processor can give you very satisfying results First of all power consumption and temperatures will be reduced Now in addition to that we all know processors have a TDP cap The TDP envelope of the processor will affect nbsp our actual CPU performance But this is more noticeable with Skylake-U or Skylake-Y processors that have a TDP cap of W or lower But as we know undervolting reduces power which in turn frees up a little bit of TDP headroom which might mean a slight increase of the processor multiplier or frequency in case the processor is being throttled by the TDP or firmware based TDP throttling Let s get started nbsp Creating a new overclock amp saving to a profileFor this guide download Intel XTU or Intel Extreme Tuning Utility nbsp Now go to Advanced nbsp Tuning on the left Now when increasing the CPU multipliers also increase the processor cache ratio in the Cache section In the screenshot above the CPU multipliers cannot be modified But you may be able to do this on a different model Now click Apply On the right click Save Enter a name for your profile In my example OC Now more to the next part of this guide to use this profile As you can see in the screenshot above There is more control over the maximum amount of current flowing through each component This means we can limit overal power consumption Also when undervolting you will reduce the amount of maximum power used in watts If your processor is already using the full capacity of the W or W envelope depending on which model you have you can free up extra headroom to improve performance even further through undervolting This being said you don t necessarily need to overclock your processor to get better performance Undervolting will work too specially on Skylake-Y and Skylake-U procesors like the Intel Core i - U in my Lenovo Yoga When undervolting make sure to modify the Core Voltage Offset nbsp rather then the nbsp Core Voltage changing the voltage offset will maintain the dynamic voltage scaling If you only change the voltage nbsp you will enable a static voltage which is not good for the processor lifespan and battery life nbsp How to make the settings stick upon rebootThere are generally two ways to do this The recommended way is to use App-profile pairing using Intel XTU Using Intel XTUI noticed it is not possible to keep a permanent profile active Intel XTU only applies a profile if the application is running in the foreground Which means the profile is only applied if the application is the active window on your screen In the example below if I run ArmA and I am playing the profile will be applied But as soon as I minimize or alt-tab out of the game the profile will be released and is reset to default settings Now let s apply an overclocking profile on ArmA Using the created profiles from previous part of this guide we are now going to apply them Choose App-profile pairing Click Turn on so it looks like the screenshot below Doing this will enable app profile pairing Now in the first column we choose an application again Use the Browse button to browse for ArmA or your preferred application or game Then click Save again in the file selection dialog when you are done At Choose Profile in AC Power mode select... Read more

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Skylake-overclocking-and-undervolting-guide-Yoga-X1-etc/td-p/3465884
Relevancy 42.57%

I understand that if I buy a new computer with a a fast Intel Skylake processor, I can not run any operating system except Windows 10. In other words, I can not run Windows 7 or 8.1. Is that so and why? Thanks for any answers you all have. Brad

A:New computer with Intel Skylake processor

Hi, Brad: You can install W7, 8.1, and W10 as long as there is driver support for the notebook you plan to buy. The problem with the Skylake chipset is there is no native USB2 support, and there is no USB3 support in the windows 7 installation media.  So the media errors out stating a required CD/DVD driver is missing (which is the only error it knows how to report when that happens). If you plan on running W7, what you have to do is to run this tool which puts the USB3 drivers into the W7 USB installation media.  There is a readme file on the link with instructions for using the tool or converting a W7 installation DVD into a W7 installation flash drive. The tool has to be run on a PC with W8.1 or W10. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/Windows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility There are many forum posts regarding this issue and the USB creator tool is the solution.  Here's two for example. http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Problem-installing-Win7-on-ProBook-440-G3-HDD-... http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Problem-installing-Win7-Pro-on-P...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/New-computer-with-Intel-Skylake-processor/td-p/5819408