Windows Support Forum

Can't Re-Enable Audio on Laptop

Q: Can't Re-Enable Audio on Laptop

I know this should be an easy one, but I can't figure it.

I use my HDTV HDMI tv and was having audio issues so i started enabling and disabling devices. When I disabled the Laptop audio, it disappeared from the list of devices (sounds). Now It does not show up and I don't know how to Re-enable it. Device manager doesn't show it and tried rescan hardware. Any ideas?

The only thing I did prior was making the audio on the TV the default, this elimated having to manually switch over every time I used it.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can't Re-Enable Audio on Laptop

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Can't Re-Enable Audio on Laptop

Try right mouse clicking in the body of the sounds window, this wil then give the option to show hidden devices.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/20962-cant-re-enable-audio-laptop.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I am working with winpe 3.0.
i want to play audio in winpe environment.
can anybody please tell how to enable audio in winpe??

A:enable audio i winpe

Hi,

You may need to add audio driver to WinPE, you can refer this article to add drivers to WinPE3.0:
http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2349-guide-adding-drivers-to-a-custom-winpe-30/

Hope that helps.
Regards,
Leo  
HuangLeo Huang
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ece11e46-085c-4788-8a2c-7e3b02f225a3/enable-audio-i-winpe?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 49.02%

My laptop is connected to an external monitor by the HDMI cable. The monitor does not have the speakers but has a headphone jack that connects the external PC speakers. The audio, however, is still from the laptop build-in speaker though the video can be seen from the external monitor. I do not know why the audio does not go to the monitor. Can you tell me how to enable the sound from the external monitor instead of the laptop build-in speaks in Windows 8 when the laptop is connected to the monitor by the HDMI? I hope the audio will automatically go to the monitor when it is connected to the laptop but will back to the laptop build-in speakers when the monitor is disconnected. Thank you for your answer.

A:How to enable the audio from the external monitor in Win 8

compiler welcome to the Eight Forums.

It is possible that the headphone jack on the monitor requires an analogue connection to the sound card/audio out jack from the computer to the monitor, and doesn't support audio over HDMI to the jack.

The make and model of the monitor would help.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/35966-how-enable-audio-external-monitor-win-8-a.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I was having problems reconnecting a bluetooth speaker for my Acer desktop with windows OS so tried disabling the default RealTek HD Audio Now it doesn't show up as a speaker--only my bluetooth speaker that it says is disconnected show When I look at my device manager it is there and says that it is working But I don't see how to re-enable it In my device manager under Sound Video and game controllers there is --Bluetooth Audio Device with caution sign --ES A Stereo--bluetooth speaker I was having problems reconnecting in the first place --Intel R Display Audio --RealTek High Definition Audio the speaker that I disabled and now cannot re-enable When I go to Manage Audio Devices under Sound HD RealTek Audio disabled Cannot re-enable the only thing showing is the ES- A stereo Cannot re-enable disabled RealTek HD Audio which it says is disconnected I did not expect disabling the RealTek Audio to remove it from the list and thought that it could be re-enabled the same way that I disabled it Suggestions

A:Cannot re-enable disabled RealTek HD Audio

Uninstall the RealTek in the Device Manager. DO NOT uninstall the RealTek drivers. Restart the PC and when Windows starts it will detect and reinstall the RealTek sound. This fixes most Windows/Sound corruptions.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/61324-cannot-re-enable-disabled-realtek-hd-audio.html
Relevancy 49.02%

wud u plz advice to configure my front panel audio...

I'm using realtek onboard sound...

NB: MB is set for front panel audio, but when I plug my headphone in front panel, nothing happens...
thanks...

A:How do I enable front panel audio ?

See this thread: Realtek front panel- audio & mic not recognised

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/216822-how-do-i-enable-front-panel-audio.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,

This is actually my first post right now.

Alright, i had a problem trying to Enable realtek audio from the Sound Hardware list from Control panel. After an hour of hunting and freaking out constantly, I found a solution that was looking at me in the face the whole time, I feel kinda stupid.

To Fix - Goto Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Right click anywhere in this screen > Show disabled devices > Left-click speakers > properties > Device Usage > Enable.

I couldnt help but posting this after seeing many other google searches realted to this problem.

Hope this helped.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/242655-how-enable-realtek-audio-vistax64-x32.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I just picked up a set of gaming headphones that use optical audio for its source, but I also have a set of 5.1 surround speakers. I'd like to be able to just use the headphones when I want to without having to go into sound manager and make the optical plug the default audio source every time I want to use them. Is there a way to enable both audio sources at the same time or do I have to switch them every time? Thanks for any help in advance!!!

A:Is there a way to enable both optical audio and the stereo jacks?

Short answer is NO. Windows will only allow one "default" audio playback device. Thus you will have to manually change as your are doing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/275588-there-way-enable-both-optical-audio-stereo-jacks.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I recently upgraded to windows xp. Everything was fine until one day xp didn't detect my CD drive. That problem is now fixed but now I have no audio. I was using the audio chip on the motherboard. When I checked the drivers I found that the device manager does not detect a sound card and it says the drivers were enabled but not started. After reinstalling, enabling and rebooting several times without any luck I decided to put in a new sound card. I installed a creative labs sound blaster card and although windows will detect the new hardware and install it, I still get the drivers are enabled but not started . How do you make XP start the drivers?

Relevancy 48.59%

I just ordered a new Syba SD-CM-UAUD USB Stereo Audio Adapter from amazon. I plugged it into my laptop, but nothing happened. I went into the sound settings and found that the device was not enabled. I went into properties, changed "disabled" to "enabled", hit apply and then OK, but nothing changed. It just would not let me enable the device. I have also tried plugging it into other computers, and it works perfectly on other devices. Does my laptop just hate the device?

Thank you in advance.

P.S. Title should say "In the sound window."

A:Cannot enable new USB audio device the sound window.

Try another install. Use the System Restore and restore the PC back to an available restore point that is BEFORE you first attempted to install it. Then try the install again.

The System Restore will give you a clean point to start over with the install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/338976-cannot-enable-new-usb-audio-device-sound-window.html
Relevancy 48.59%

how to enable on board audio on a Lenovo Thinkpad - I have a friend who accidentally disabled her onboard audio (I think by adding other external speakers caused the computer to disable the audio) Anyway, I googled for help, and it said to enter Bios to enable them. I went into Bios and searched, but could not find the place to enable on board speakers. Any suggestions? Thanks,vandal67

A:how to enable onboard audio on a lenovo thinkpad

You normally only need go into BIOS to enable an add-on Audio card. Plugging speakers in should not cause this issue. I would forget BIOS. Try System Restore (type in Search). It won't touch your own stuff.EDIT:Try unplugging the speakers first, maybe they have a problem. Also make sure volume is turned up and not muted.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanksmessage edited by Derek

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/how-to-enable-onboard-audio-on-a-lenovo-thinkpad/19467.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have an HP Compaq pro microtower Gb i MB and I have an application fow which I would like headp... (i.e. ENABLE How dissable) to audio rear when not jack the rear auto oututs NOT to How to ENABLE (i.e. not dissable) rear audio jack when headp... mute when headphones are plugged into the front panel I've looked at the auto device controller settings but I can't find anything that would allow me to do this nbsp The auto system How to ENABLE (i.e. not dissable) rear audio jack when headp... on this PC is just described as High Defination Auto Devide and it seens to use the windows driver as far as I can tell nbsp nbsp I realize that muting the rear output when hedphones are plugged in the the way most people want it and so is the default but I want just the opposite nbsp Is there any way to enable both audio jacks at the same time via software settings On other systems I use this can be done using Realtek auto sytem drivers but I just don't see that option on the pro under Windows nbsp nbsp Are there any updates or rd party applications that might let me do this nbsp The current Microsoft driver appear to ve version nbsp nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/How-to-ENABLE-i-e-not-dissable-rear-audio-jack-when/td-p/5689687
Relevancy 48.16%

I really need help enabling the 'advanced settings' for my audio manager.

I've aready reinstalled the drivers 'alot' of time using different versions of it.

See the attached screen shot of my HD audio manager.

The speaker and mic works fine, the problem I have is

when I plug in the headphone jack into my s/pdif slot

both the speaker and headphone plays sounds

I heard I can change this in the advanced settings...

which I can't acess...

Thanks in advance.

A:How can I enable the 'advanced settings' in Realtek HD audio manager.

Assuming you have on-board sound, it probably depends on the motherboard and what it can handle for sound and audio. I have the Device Advanced Settings option in the upper right corner.

Check this pic.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/195635-how-can-i-enable-advanced-settings-realtek-hd-audio-manager.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I've just completed an upgrade on my rig and I replaced the Mobo CPU and RAM The MOBO change required a fresh install of Windows bit which I did and I proceeded to install the motherboard sound notifications/low Audio popup auto Realtek enable Issues-Cant drivers from the CD provided My last motherboard was a Gigabyte The current motherboard is an ASRock H Performance Fatality motherboard With the new build I've had challenges in getting Realtek Realtek Audio Issues-Cant enable auto popup notifications/low sound to work as expected I use this rig to game so sound is very important and unfortunately the sound is the ONLY area I have challenges with at the moment Here are the issues I noted that the level of sound is very low when plugged into the rear panel - much lower than it was previously I noted that now when plugging my headphones in the rear panel I do not get the auto popup that I used to get asking me to confirm that I just plugged in headphones - i get nothing I suspect that this is WHY the sound is low - the system thinks im plugging in speakers when I'm not doing that at all - I'm plugging in headphones I cannot enable the auto popups in the Realtek Manager - I go in there I click on the folder image and I get something about enabling disabling the front panel - nothing else There is no option for me to enable auto-popups I cannot click on the port image within Realtek to define how i want the port to be used - nothing happens What I have done I tested on the front panel and the sound is Realtek Audio Issues-Cant enable auto popup notifications/low sound much louder I still dont get Realtek Audio Issues-Cant enable auto popup notifications/low sound any popups asking me to confirm what I've plugged in but it seems the system is assuming I'm using headphones as its MUCH louder what I was used to level wise on the old mobo There is a bit of static on the front panel not much and way better than last mobo - but it's not crystal clear so I'd prefer to just get the rear panel working properly I updated the Realtek drivers with the latest drivers noted in the sticky in this forum and it changed absolutely nothing So I'm totally stumped as to what to do here Is there something wrong with this MOBO or is it just limited in some ridiculous way I'd think not but this is driving me insane Please help Thanks

A:Realtek Audio Issues-Cant enable auto popup notifications/low sound

I went from a Gigabyte Z77 UD5H motherboard to an ASRock Z77 Professional Fatl1ty. I didn't notice any change in the sound.

Plugging into the rear GREEN speaker jack will not detect headphones, just that a "speaker" was attached. My RealTek does not show headset when the headphone is plugged into the headphone jack, just shows "Speakers" connected.

If you installed any enhancement to the Sound, check that for any volume level adjustments.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/356692-realtek-audio-issues-cant-enable-auto-popup-notifications-low-sound.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have no idea what's going on I connected a midi usb interface after work to connect a synthesizer Behringer UMC HD and i doubt that messed up my computer it didn't work all i heard was a loud hiss and the behringer interface didn't work so i uninstalled it Sound Driver wont Stereo Virus? mix No enable, and Audio disabled? also when i connected it Microsoft couldn't find the driver so i installed it manually then removed it I uninstalled real tek reinstalled and now it wont play anything At first I could listen to music but my stereo mix was disabled and i couldn't disable my microphone I thought that was weird so i uninstalled and reinstalled and now i cant hear music at all only when i used the asio driver in FL Studio or Ableton Live music making software So I can still get sound just not from the original drivers Could it have been a windows update or did the usb midi interface mess up my audio card i don't have an audio card i use a stock asus amd a i think i've been at this for hours If anyone can please help me I'll send you a donation on paypal for a pizza I can play video games and everything but I just want my computer back to normal so the problem is No sound Audio driver disabled only when using another driver like in a music making program I've tried everything in the book also i've installed every windows update and nothing could there be something wrong in my settings i posted in a forum couple months ago and they helped me with a fix on a windows update flickering my screen could they have maybe edited something in my settings I cant find the damn page but anyways flash forward to now i cant enable audio driver should i install the bit realtek audio driver im on bit windows so idk also everytime i uninstall the realtek driver microsoft updates it to hd audio driver damn i'm stressed out hopefully someone can help me

A:Audio Driver wont enable, No Sound and Stereo mix disabled? Virus?

here are the some pics of it, i cant enable or disable mic or anything.
im soundless.
i can use a usb audio card, my lexicon and the asio driver.
so my laptop has sound.
there is just something conflicting

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/383812-audio-driver-wont-enable-no-sound-stereo-mix-disabled-virus.html
Relevancy 45.15%

HiI am facing trouble while enabling the vt-x in HP 2000 laptop Processor: Intel(R)Celeron(R) CPU B830GHz 1.80 GHzinstalled memory (RAM): 2 GBSystem type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor Please help me in enabling the vt -x. Thanks

A:How to enable vt -x in hp2000 laptop

@Inaaya? Intel® Turbo Boost Technology ?NoIntel® vPro Technology ?NoIntel® Hyper-Threading Technology ?NoIntel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x) ?YesIntel® Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d) ?NoIntel® 64 ?YesIntel® My WiFi TechnologyNo4G WiMAX Wireless TechnologyNoIdle StatesYesEnhanced Intel SpeedStep® TechnologyYesIntel® Demand Based SwitchingNoThermal Monitoring TechnologiesYesIntel® Fast Memory AccessYesIntel® Flex Memory AccessYes Your CPU is capable of VT-x it just depends if your motherboard is setup for it. Go into your BIOS and see if there is an option to ENABLE VT-x. REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-to-enable-vt-x-in-hp2000-laptop/td-p/5548033
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello,I am using HP550 Notebook PC, I can't find option to enable VT-x in my laptop. In my BIOS settings, I don't have options related Virtualization Technology, my BIOS version is F0.0. I also tried to update my BIOS with version F1.0, but it results in 'unhandled exception' while installing. I don't know how to fix it. Please give me solution for this. Thanks...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-to-enable-VT-x-in-HP550-laptop/td-p/5716823
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello,I recently bought a new hp omen laptop(y8h62pa) 2 weeks ago.The original setting is in intel gpu hd530.How to enable the gpu gtx960m frequently. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/hp-omen-laptop-how-to-enable-gpu-gtx960m/td-p/5846772
Relevancy 44.72%

This is my first post here, so please excuse any mistakes I may make. My HP 2000 laptop isn't allowing me to enable my wifi. If I press F12, it enables and disables Airplane Mode instead of my wireless connection. I've had to do this before, and it was through the control panel I think? I'm using Windows 8 OS. Any help is appreciated,

Emily

Relevancy 44.72%

Re: Samsung Laptop 365E5C-S05. Under Boot Option Priority, in the Setup Utility the Boot option #1 is Windows Boot Mangager (PO....1). It is disabled. How can I enable it? There is no box to check to enable it. Thank You.

A:Can't enable Boot Option in my laptop.

Originally Posted by zuko53

Re: Samsung Laptop 365E5C-S05. Under Boot Option Priority, in the Setup Utility the Boot option #1 is Windows Boot Mangager (PO....1). It is disabled. How can I enable it? There is no box to check to enable it. Thank You.

If you highlight that option then press Enter, does not an options dialog box appear?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/41927-cant-enable-boot-option-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I am working on a laptop for a friend who's wireless will not enable I was told that the issue occurred around the same time enable Network on Adapter laptop won't that the battery failed I'll attempt to recall all the steps I have taken so far to attempt to resolve this When CAT is unplugged the wireless icon shows now networks available Attempting to go to change device settings the Wi-Fi adapter is disabled Right click - gt Enable shows the enabling pop up but it remains disabled Fn F keyboard shortcut for enable disable wireless Tried using a known working USB WiFi dongle failed Downloaded new driver from Dell based on Network Adapter won't enable on laptop the laptop's Service Tag Tried auto install installed successfully but no change Manually searched for driver and selected it still no change Ran Windows Update Tried restoring to a month old restore point fails Updated BIOS Checked started stopped and verified set to automatic quot DW WLAN Tray Service quot and quot WLAN Autoconfig quot in the services msc Tried restoring to month old restore point in Safe Mode fails Uninstalled hardware in device manager reboot reinstall from Dell support site I'm at a loss now I have a Bachelors in Computer Science and I cannot make a laptop enable it's wireless device NOTE The wireless is a DW with built in Bluetooth The Bluetooth works fine but the Wi-Fi does not System Specs directly from the support dell com site after running a HW scan On the website the network adapter shows as blank However it DOES appear correctly in my Device Manager The device driver I install is Network Driver GR D WN A EXE Computer Model Inspiron BIOS Vendor Dell Inc BIOS Version A BIOS Date OS Version Microsoft Windows Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU U GHx Memory JDIMM GB DVD Drive PLDS DVD -RW DU- A HH Disk Drives WDC WD LPVX- V TT Display Adapters Intel R HD Graphics IDE ATA ATAPI Controllers Intel R Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller

A:Network Adapter won't enable on laptop

Somewhere on the laptop, there is a way to turn the wireless on or off. I would look for the user guide for that particular laptop (or google it) and then try turning the wireless on if its off and or off and back on. Let us know what you find...

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/60494-network-adapter-wont-enable-laptop.html
Relevancy 44.72%

help me pls.
my laptop keyboard broke down a while ago, as of now, i don't have extra money for me to be able to replace it. now im using USB keyboard only, since my current keyboard doesn't have a fn key in it, i can't open the shortcut for the bluetooth using the keyboard.

1. is there any other way to open/enable it without using the keyboard?
2. i also can't see the BLUETOOTH device in the Device Manager, is that normal?

**i can use my bluetooth before my laptop broke down. and i saw in another forum that if you cant enable the bluetooth physically, the windows will not detect it but the forum is abt windows tablet so im not sure if it also applies with laptops.

A:enable bluetooth in my laptop without using the keyboard

Hi see if the method here helps Set up a Bluetooth enabled device

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/329018-enable-bluetooth-my-laptop-without-using-keyboard.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi I am in the process of cleaning up my home network which has been infiltrated by Antivirus Thanks to Da Chew and beepme I am making good progress with that As the next step I am about to cleanup my laptop Before doing so I wanted to turn Microsoft s own firewall on When I followed the instructions till I get to the dialogue box with my different network options on it there are three possibilities shown One is for something called quot connection quot Please can someone tell me how to find out what this is The other two are for a wireless network with a red cross because we don t have that or use that capability and the other is for the lan which we have this computer linked into at home I A How Laptop On Firewall Windows Enable Pro For To Xp have already enabled the microsoft firewall for How To Enable Firewall For Windows Xp Pro On A Laptop two other computers running windows xp but the dialogu boxes here are different as it is xp professsional Hope I ve covered everything I need to here Thanks for your help Gerald

A:How To Enable Firewall For Windows Xp Pro On A Laptop

1394 connection:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307736If you don't have two or more computers connected through this port (with a firewire type cable) then you are not using it and I wouldn't worry about it. The wireless connection that you are not using (wouldn't worry about it either). The firewall should most definately be set-up on your LAN...This is where you are connected to the internet.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/151321/how-to-enable-firewall-for-windows-xp-pro-on-a-laptop/
Relevancy 44.72%

HELP!!!! I have an HP 2000 laptop and all of a sudden the wireless function will not work. no matter what I do the button stays orange. I do not have Wireless Assistant installed on this computer. I tried to download it from another computer and install to mine, but it stated that the version was not accepted. I have only had this computer 6 months. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:wireless will not enable on HP 2000 laptop

Hi You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue. 1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on. 2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers from Network Adapter and restart the unit and check if the light turns on. 3) Try doing a system restore to the date where unit was working fine. 4) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website. 5) Click start in search type Recovery Manager then click on it select Yes on User access control then select I need immediate help then select Driver & application recovery select the wireless driver and install it then restart the unit. 6) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well. If still you have the same issue then you need to call HP Technical support and get the part replaced.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wireless-will-not-enable-on-HP-2000-laptop/td-p/1615339
Relevancy 44.72%

Dear Friendz nbsp I am using Lenovo Y laptop I was able to switch on WiFi earlier but Could My WiFi laptop Intel my enable not on it is not working now I think it happened earlier also but somehow Could not enable Intel My WiFi on my laptop by updating relevant drivers the issue fixed did not remember exactly nbsp Now since few days in my system tray Intel My WiFi Technology icon is there and when I click right click on it all the options are grayed out due to which I could not enable WiFi But one option Open Intel My WiFi Utility is allowed to select and when I opened the profiles option is again grayed out and it is displaying message that Network Adapter Not Found Then I went to Control Panel---- gt Devices--- gt Device Manager--- gt Network Adapter--- gt Intel R WiFi Link BGN---- gt and updated the drivers here nbsp Restarted the machine but issue did not fix nbsp Then deleted that Intel R WiFi Link BGN from Network Adapters and deleted drivers C---- gt Program Files--- gt Intel---- gt WiFi---- gt Drivers downloaded from internet and uploaded drivers again C---- gt Program Files--- gt Intel---- gt WiFi---- gt Drivers then restarted the machine again no use nbsp I also updated S and S in Win as I could see one folder name called drivers in C drive C---- gt Drivers--- gt Intel Wireless WiFi Link Driver--- gt Win --- gt S S Folders nbsp I am now totally confused Lenovo support does not want to help and they are telling to sign up for extending warranty otherwise asking to take this machine to servicing center But I don t think it is required to take laptop to them for this small issue as we can definitely fix this with all your valuable suggestions and assistance nbsp Please help me nbsp Thanks for your time K Sharath

A:Could not enable Intel My WiFi on my laptop

hi K. Sharath,

From this microsoft article, it looks like the Intel My WiFi technology is not compatible with the Intel(R) WiFi Link 1000 BGN card and is only applicable to certain types of Intel Wi-FI adapters.

To turn ON the Wi-Fi capability of the Lenovo Y460, you will need to:
1. Slide the physical wi-fi switch to the ON position
  - Link to picture

2. Press Fn+F5 to enable the wireless card (ensure Current Status is set to "ON")
  - Link to picture

Note:
The Lenovo Energy Management Driver must be installed for the function keys to work

3. If same problem, boot into the BIOS by pressing F2 on startup and ensure that the WLAN Device is Enabled.
  - Link to picture

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Could-not-enable-Intel-My-WiFi-on-my-laptop/td-p/1632034
Relevancy 44.72%

It doesn't work
And it says it has been disabled from the device manager
Plz help !

Relevancy 44.72%

I have a HP Pavillian laptop that has built in wireless capability. A month ago, I installed a Verizon wireless pc card (slide-in) and the software, so that I could go online when away from home. I decided I didn't like the service so I cancelled it and uninstalled the VZ software. Now I can't receive a wireless signal at the library. It will not allow me to enable the WLAN assistant so any signals nearby are not seen.

What should I do?

Relevancy 44.29%

Hello I am new to this forum I have searched for related problems here but did not find anything relevant my apologies if this is a duplicate What follows is a copy of a message sent to VIA in Taiwan apparently I seem to be having some issues with your VIA High Definition Audo drivers in an Asus K IJ-series laptop purchased in The driver version is dated It works fine on its own but when I try High Def Audio problems possibly involving in audio built Laptop VIA to add an external audio device to the system I run into problems - I was not able to make a Laptop audio problems possibly involving built in VIA High Def Audio Toshiba Bluetooth Stack driving a Kensington K dongle produce any audio Windows will not let me set the bluetooth-connected external audio device Logitech Bluetooth Audio Adapter provides no Win drivers as a default device while you drivers are installed If I remove your drivers and allow Windows to install its default drivers instead I can now choose the Bluetooth device as default but still get no audio out of it nor out of your VIA audio chipset either it seems the generic Windows drivers are not compatible with your chipset - Am having similar problems with a Creative Digital HS- bluetooth headset the headset is automatically set as default when the Bluetooth interface is plugged into USB port but the default can't be changed and Windows Media Player complains that there are no audio drivers for it it appears OK under Device Manager YouTube continues to play through the VIA despite The headset works fine on another computer I have read lots of forum articles about related general topics e g inability to set default audio device and they typically mention driver conflicts as being the cause I tried to locate possibly updated VIA drivers on your site but don't know which product to select under Select Your Via Product at VIA Drivers and Support Packages Download and Device Manager does not provide any details on this I tried some other drivers off the net via hd audio win win but it failed to update with an 'Access is denied' error Attached are snapshots of the 'Access is denied' error and of my computer profile Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you

A:Laptop audio problems possibly involving built in VIA High Def Audio

Hello sybernut mate this is the site where you need to go to get drivers the Windows feature is not something I am a fan of and find it is far better to get the drivers straight form the machine's manufacturers site or the device in side the machine site.
http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=K60IJ&os=17 - in the manual section it tells you how to set up Blu tooth stuff. The drivers are all there - I am linking to the Asus K60IJ notebook form your specs.

Now if you want in depth details of the components see this
Using HW Info
PART A:
You can test the volts on the PSU with HW Info HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download < download the right bit version and close the right hand window select Sensors and scroll down to the power section where you will see what the volts are doing see my pic.
The original right hand window shows the machine running and is handy for that but for looking at the components in some detail close it and use the main left hand side panel
FOR OTHER COMPONENTS
PART B:
Open each small square with + in it on the section the components are in and then click on the individual component/s (it will highlight in blue) - in the right hand side will appear all sorts of details including brands speeds and other essential info that particular device. See pic for example.
Use Part B: (see pic for an example - I have shown you my RAM you need to click on one of the +'s until you find the Blu tooth info probably Network)

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/362638-laptop-audio-problems-possibly-involving-built-via-high-def-audio.html
Relevancy 43.86%

i dont knw how to switch on the wirelss on my Envy

Solved!
View Solution.

A:How do I enable (turn on) wireless on my Envy laptop?

Check the Lights on the F12 key if it is amber that means your wirelss is not on ..try to push the F12 Once it will turn Blue and thn try access the internetthat might help youGood Luck

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/How-do-I-enable-turn-on-wireless-on-my-Envy-laptop/td-p/858735
Relevancy 43.86%

My bluetooth stopped working in my ASUS Q302LA. Bluetooth doesn't even show in the Settings>Devices in Win 10. In Device Manager, under Microsoft LE Enumerator, Properties, it states "Device cannot start, Code 10." I clean installed win10 and am getting the same result, which leads me to think it is a BIOS problem. Any ideas.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/enable-bluetooth-in-bios-asus-laptop.1164644/
Relevancy 43.86%

Ok i am back again with a problem, actually not a problem. Do any one of u have any idea how to enable my laptop speakers and headphones at the same time. I mean both should make sound simultaneously.

A:How to enable my laptop speakers and headphones at the same time

I don't believe it is possible. As far as I know, the sound card can only output one channel at a time. I don't know to much about the specifics of audio cards so I am assuming.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/226248-how-enable-my-laptop-speakers-headphones-same-time.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a Toshiba Satellite A665-S6086 and I lost my mouse a few weeks ago. In the program blender I need to hold on to the middle mouse button to rotate the object. I have tryed to hold left-and right-click buttons and that did not work, so I went into the mouse properties and could not find anything that had to do with the middle click functionality.
It would help if someone knew how to fix this or anouther way to rotate the object.

A:I am having trouble to enable the use of middle cick on my laptop.

Hi and welcome to TSF did you reinstall any driver for the mouse

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-am-having-trouble-to-enable-the-use-of-middle-cick-on-my-laptop-747825.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi. everytime i start up my laptop i have to push this button to start my wireless internet. My wireless network is managed by xp, but a signal will not be detected untill i press that button. I want the wireless to connect automaticaly upon bootup. It does connect automaticaly once i press that button now. Any suggestions?

The integrated wireless nic is made by Ralink Tech.

A:Button to enable wireless on laptop (disable help)

You'll probably find all that in the manual.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/button-to-enable-wireless-on-laptop-disable-help.39145/
Relevancy 43.86%

Re: Samsung 365E5C-S05. In the Aptio Setup Utility, under Boot Option Priority under the Boot tab, the Boot Option #1l is Windows Boot Manager (PO. . . . .) When I highlight it and click on, it says it is disabled and I feel that I have to enable it. Can anybody tell me how to effect that? There are no boxes to check, it jujst says disabled. Thank You.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526177/how-can-i-enable-boot-opition-1-on-my-samsung-laptop/
Relevancy 43.86%

Can I enable bluetooth connections on this laptop, and if so, how do I do it?  I would like to connect to a bluetooth external speaker.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

A:How to enable bluetooth on my Pavilion laptop 17-e137cl

Hi, Sorry, it does not have builtin Bluetooth in the first place as shown:       http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04092019 Option: You can use USB-BT dongle, which is similar to the following one    http://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/targus-bluetooth-4-0-usb-adaptor-taacb75au Regards.   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/How-to-enable-bluetooth-on-my-Pavilion-laptop-17-e137cl/td-p/5854667
Relevancy 43.86%

hi guys i need help. i have new laptop hp pavillion dv6t-6b00 notebook. i installed windows 7 ultimate on it. the touch pad has no scrol bar line on it. one of my friend told me that you can enable it from mouse properties. so i tried every thing there is no virtual scrolling button or if i go to personalize> mouse pointer> there is no gestures button .. so how can i enable it plz help thankyou

A:how can i enable virtual scroll on my laptop touchpad

Hello and Welcome to TSG moeenali.

You will need to download the drivers for the touch pad. As well as other drivers such as chipset drivers.

Drivers for Win 7 32 bit

Drivers for Win 7 64 bit

Here's a link on Using and Configuring the TouchPad in Windows 7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-enable-virtual-scroll-on-my-laptop-touchpad.1075839/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi there the newer smart phones have nice powerful processors in them so I was wondering if the DAC Digital Analog converters in these are as good as the ones in a typical LAPTOP computer set up -- bog standard on board sound from a laptop computer -- not high end specialized studio stuff etc My Galaxy audio audio PC vs phone Quality Smart LAPTOP standard of III S phone can play FLAC files and plugging the output into Quality of Smart phone audio vs standard LAPTOP PC audio a DECENT set of speakers appears to me to be just as good if not better than the same sound played from the computer - a relatively decent laptop computer Sony VAIO VPCEH with Intel I processor I tested this by connecting the phone DIRECTLY to the pre-amp with the music Quality of Smart phone audio vs standard LAPTOP PC audio on the phone's micro sdhc card Had I done it via the USB then that might Quality of Smart phone audio vs standard LAPTOP PC audio have needed another DAC conversion so the test cases wouldn't have been the same I use a phone app WINAMP PRO just like the PC version so I can use Folders directories to play the music and it can play FLAC too -- a lot of music phone apps lack this facility which is a shame I like also the quot play by folders quot too -- as I have a lot of Audio books -- saves endless tagging and creating playlists albums --Just point winamp to the directory or file and play it I find also streaming music from the phone to the receiver device seems to work better than messing around with pc software too -- especially on a laptop Another app here -- OrangeSqueeze in conjunction with SQUEEZEPLAYER -does the job of the logitech squeeze server on the laptop The phone will stream music from a Network or any acessible drive to the player device s -- no prob but use the Wifi on the phone --not the DATA content from the phone company otherwise your Bank balance will diminish faster than Spain's Economy Anybody else finding these sorts of apps are replacing similar laptop stuff note high end gear and computers are a different ballgame I used to be very sceptical of smartphones --even have some posts on the forum saying I'd never buy them -- however I have to eat my own words -- the latest crop with the latest Android version are incredibly useful now and possibilities seem quite exciting with what you can do with them Seems to me that we don't need to do much Multi-media streaming from W in the future as your phone will handle it Perhaps Ms is getting this right by gradually withdrawing a lot of multimedia in the standard version of W cheers jimbo

A:Quality of Smart phone audio vs standard LAPTOP PC audio

I have a Samsung Galaxy S smartphone and a new iPad3, but I would never consider them my "primary" audio playback devices.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/235293-quality-smart-phone-audio-vs-standard-laptop-pc-audio.html
Relevancy 43.43%

My laptop had already set up to turn on Family Safety in Window 8.1. So I was used to set up time limits and curfew for the standard account (child's account) in Control PanelI turned off Family Safety. When I wanted to turn it on again, Family Safety in Control Panel led me to Change PC setting to select the account to edit. But When I clicked on "Edit" and It poped up my child account but No thing to editBut there was an option to manage Safety Family on line. I enter this website to control Family safety (time limit and curfew) It worksHowever, I'd like to set up at local laptop as beforeHow to turn on Safety Family at Laptop not online?Any suggest would be appreciate.Best,Truc C. Nguyen

A:Re-enable Windows 8.1 Family Safety on Dell laptop

Now in Parental account, the option "Manage Family Safety setting on line" was disappeared from "Manage Other Account" in "Change PC setting"On family safety website showed that "Settings for Cathy Nguyen are not activeCathy Nguyen is not current associated with any accountsTo add window for Cathy Nguyen "run Family Safety" on PC Cathy Nguyen uses"But I could not run Family SafetyNotice that Family Safety run well from Online setting first time after I had turn off Family Safety at Control PannelI was confused Please help Thanks,Truc C. Nguyen

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/reenable-windows-81-family-safety-on-dell-laptop/1631.html
Relevancy 43.43%

My Wireless just quit working.  The button is orange and I can't press the button to make it blue(turn it on). It's as if the wireless adapter just quit.  I found a search back in 2009 that it was a known issue but that was other laptops. That issue made reference to BIOS.  Mine is:BIOS Version/Date           Hewlett-Packard F.52, 8/26/2009 Any other things I can test/check?

A:HP Laptop Wireless Adapter will not enable anymore Pressing...

@Scooter2368? System Driver Support Page:HP G60-530US Notebook PC The wireless button only works to engage Wireless when there is a functional Wireless network setup in place. From the How-to Section: Setting Up a New Connection to a Wireless Local Area Network (Windows 7) Creating a Wireless Home Network (Windows 7) You may need to reinstall your Wireless Driver: Control Panel > icon view > Device Manager > Open network to find which type of Wireless driver is needed for your system. From the Troubleshooting Section for your notebook:  Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7) Troubleshoot a Lost Internet or E-mail Connection on a Wireless Network (Windows 7) Wireless Network Connection Fails When Notebook is Switched to Battery Power When you see a Post that helps you,Inspires you, provides fresh insight,Or teaches you something new,Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post. Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Laptop-Wireless-Adapter-will-not-enable-anymore-Pressing/td-p/5697638
Relevancy 43.43%

I was wondering if anyone is familiar with a method to enable sounds for when you plug in or remove a charger connected to your laptop. It is not a problem with my pc, but is an option that is not available for me which i would like to install to let me know if i accidentally unplugged the charger, particularly if I'm working on a full-screen feature. Any help would be appreciated.
I have Windows 7 home Premium 32-bit installed.

A:How to enable sound when plugging/unplugging charger for laptop.

In the System Sounds, there is an option for device connect or disconnect. This will probably do what you want. You will have to assign a sound for those functions.

The System Sounds panel can be accessed from Start/Control Panel/Hardware and Sounds. Click on "Change System Sounds".

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/263549-how-enable-sound-when-plugging-unplugging-charger-laptop.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello I recently started receiving Windows explorer has stopped working messages and if I browsed the net it would always switch to using a proxy instead of wifi I did a full scan with both Symantec and Malwarebytes can't infected, firewall antivirus/windows Laptop enable but both results showed there was no malicious item I now also get messages indicating that my antivirus - Symantec Endpoint protection and Windows firewall has been disabled but I cannot enable them Today I switched on my laptop and was prompted to check one of my disks for consistency first before it went to the usual start up screen I can't plug in flashdrives to my computer because the file folders would start being changed to shortcuts etc and files would start disappearing I couldn't run DDS in normal mode because it either wouldn't respond or would close immediately after opening I was only able to run DDS in safemode with networking Below are the logs Many thanks in advance for your help DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Laptop infected, can't enable antivirus/windows firewall NETWORK Internet Explorer Run by Kim at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT AV Symantec Endpoint Protection Disabled Updated DF - - D- - DC EFD BF SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Symantec Endpoint Protection Disabled Updated D BEB -B A- E - B -B B Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Program Files x Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Bin ccSvcHst exe C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system ctfmon exe C Program Files x Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Bin ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Bin Smc exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp sg yahoo com p us uProxyServer proxy starhub net sg BHO ContributeBHO Class C DC - - A A- D-C C - C Program Files x Adobe Adobe Contribute CS Plugins IEPlugin contributeieplugin dll BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Bin IPS IPSBHO dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GROOVEEX DLL BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll BHO EgisPBIE Class B CCBE- AF - A -BDAB-D F E C E F - C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP SimplePass Identity Protection EgisPBIE dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Office Document Cache Handler B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office URLREDIR DLL BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO HP Network Check Helper E FD -C BA- DCB- F - BD ADE - C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Support Framework Resources HPNetworkCheck HPNetworkCheckPlugin dll TB Contribute Toolbar BDDE -E A - -B E- B B FC - C Program Files x Adobe Adobe Contribute CS Plugins IEPlugin contributeieplugin dll uRun Google Update C Users Kim AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe c uRun C Users Kim AppData Roaming js mRun StartCCC C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe MSRun mRun IAStorIcon C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe mRun EgisTecPMMUpdate C Program Files x EgisTec IPS PmmUpdate exe mRun EgisUpdate C Program Files x EgisTec IPS EgisUpdate exe -d mRun VitaKeyTSR C Program... Read more

A:Laptop infected, can't enable antivirus/windows firewall

Hi there,my name is Marius and I will be assisting you with your Malware related problems.Before we move on, please read the following points carefully. First, read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding. Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one. If you have any problems while you are follow my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem. Do not run any other scans without instruction or Add/ Remove Software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me. Post all Logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts. If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed. Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean. My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.    Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from here Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit and save it to your desktop.Be sure to print out and follow the instructions provided on that same page.Caution: This is a beta version so please be sure to read the disclaimer and back up any important data before using.Double click the mbar.zip file to open it, then 'Extract all files'.Double click the mbar folder to open it, then double click mbar.exe to start the tool.Check for Updates, then Scan your system for malwareIf malware is found, do NOT press the Cleanup button yet. Click EXIT.I'd like to see the log first so I can see what it sees. You'll find the log in that mbar folder as MBAR-log-***.txt . Please attach that to your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/500160/laptop-infected-cant-enable-antiviruswindows-firewall/
Relevancy 43.43%

A user brought a laptop with a broken screen nbsp screen). How laptop (Broken enable blind? to VGA adapter I had it running to a second external monitor and it worked fine but I wanted to do a factory reset on the laptop HP Pavilion Windows nbsp In an attempt to force Windows to boot to the second monitor I disabled the default video driver some last ditch internet advice nbsp Now it won't boot to the second monitor at all and none of the normal Windows methods work Windows Key Alt-F hotkey etc nbsp I think it's because Windows' multi-monitor support depends on that video driver nbsp I need to re-enable that video card but I have to do it blind nbsp I've tried recording and counting my steps but I haven't had any luck Would it be possible to remove the hard drive from the laptop and edit specific Windows configuration files to re-enable that video adapter then put the hard drive back in the laptop and boot it up nbsp Does anyone know what config files these would be nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e2db7e99-f571-4542-a50e-538bef64f4b0/how-to-enable-vga-adapter-blind-broken-laptop-screen?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 43.43%

hi im fairly new to windows 7 home premium i set up a guest user area so that my kids & other than myself can use the labtop and wont distrub my files on my user area the problem is is that the internet has been disabled in the guest user area when the internet is clicked on its says " guest users not granted acess" which makes it useless because no one can get online how can i enable the internet brouser in the guest user area ive tried several times and ways with no succcess thank you all in advance

A:HELLO setup guest user on laptop but cannot how to enable internet

Hello wil, Welcome to Sevenforums!

May I suggest disabling the 'guest account' and just creating a standard limited user account and naming it 'guest'? It will then function as you would like it to. There are many things that you can do to limit what users can do on the limited user accounts, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask them here.

Hope I've answered your question

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/211193-hello-setup-guest-user-laptop-but-cannot-how-enable-internet.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I purchased a HP refurbished Envy 17-K224NR that has Realtek HD audio in divice manager, but it also has Beats Audio Console, but the console has very little sliders, such as the slider to control bass and voices.  Should I uninstall the realtek drivers and reinstall the BEats Audio Drivers to get the full Beats Audio conTHe system came with WIndows 10 and has sionce been updated with the anniversay update.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/question-about-Realtek-HD-audio-on-laptop-with-Beats-Audio/td-p/5748095
Relevancy 43%

hi

i have an audigy 2 zs card and i like to listen to music on my computer. basically, what would be the best way to listen to my cds? digitally? or using the analog cable? pros/cons?

what would sound best? i am going for more of an "lp warm sound."

thanks for any info.

A:Question concerning "enable digital cd audio.." or regular old analog

Digital is the best. Always select the digital. It reads the data digitally off the cd and sends it out digitally through the flatcable at the back of the drive and through the MB to the soundcard where it is converted to Analog. Analog mode is read digitally off the CD, converted to analog by who knows how cheap of a converter(probably less that 20 cents worth of parts), sent to the sound card over 2 thin wires (subject to electrical noise inside the case) connected to the inputs of the anaglog output section of the soundcard directly. Usually some hiss is heard with the latter method.

And you won't need that "CD audio to soundcard cable" if you go digital mode.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-concerning-enable-digital-cd-audio-or-regular-old-analog.22960/
Relevancy 43%

I'm pretty confused, and I'm hoping someone here can help me. Every time I restart/turn on the computer, the wireless adapter turns on for a couple of seconds then shuts back off.
Then I have to manually press the adapter button for it to turn back on. I reinstalled my Windows and that didnt fix it. The wireless works as it should after I turn it back on.

I checked the power settings, in the properties for the adapter, And i have set it to always be on.

Does anyone know why this might be happening and what I can do to fix it?
I have a "Intel(R) WiFi Link 5300 AGN"

A:How do i enable (Intel WiFi Link 5300 AGN) by default on my laptop?

Looks like a Windows update solved this...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/318831-how-do-i-enable-intel-wifi-link-5300-agn-default-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 43%

So last night I came home to find my PC was blue screening on startup After a great deal of struggling and fighting I decided to simply Audio The "No dreaded Enable" issue... Device do a full system restore to Factory settings This worked wonderfully Everything is installed that I need Firefox Avast my NVidia drivers There is The dreaded "No Audio Device Enable" issue... just one issue I don t have any sound and I can t seem to get it to even recognize my should be plug and play Speakers and Headphones don t work forcing me to think it s The dreaded "No Audio Device Enable" issue... just NOT picking up ANY audio devices I The dreaded "No Audio Device Enable" issue... ve tried installing drivers Realtek HD AC the Service Pack HD sound fix and nothing seems to work None of my drivers or hardware is disabled Except SiS which was added by accident from the Add Hardware menu Possibly relevant info COMM port seems to be listed twice in Ports and it s having issues as well Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTS Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corporation D GAG AAC - BQAG Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

A:The dreaded "No Audio Device Enable" issue...

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=7525&ProdId=1672&lang=eng

is this the driver download you have installed? This is the recommend driver for your m/board if you use onboard sound..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-dreaded-no-audio-device-enable-issue.949305/
Relevancy 42.57%

Port?g? R700-184
Part Number : PT311E-02Y01JEN

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to toggle wireless on/off using an external keyboard for the R700 whilst it is on it's docking station?

We only seem to be able to toggle wireless using the built in keyboard (Fn + F8) key.

Also, is there anyway that wireless can be set to off as default at boot up? Is this something that can be done through the BIOS or perhaps by tweaking a registry key?

Grateful for any assistance.

:-)

A:Enable/disable wireless whilst Laptop is docked (External Keyboard)

may seem like a silly question, but why can't you simply use the laptops keyboard????? or is it just a niggly type issue that you'd rather use external one?

unfortunatley the R700 doesnt have a hardware switch for the wireless so its purely mapped to the Fn key which is a toshiba function, so an external k/b is unlikely to be able to replicate it

you can always disable the wireless through W7 network and sharing centre -> change adaptor settings, so few clicks with the mouse or even shortcut it to taskbar/start menu for easy access.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?62358-Enable-disable-wireless-whilst-Laptop-is-docked-(External-Keyboard)
Relevancy 41.71%

When I try to start it this comes up:

Any suggestions?

A:Can't enable Windows audio service on Windows 7

Not sure about this one but try going into safe mode and sign in on the administrator account and try it again.

Or try this sourced from another forum:

The Windows Audio service is dependent on other services, which are running. So, go to Start and type services.msc in the Search box. Then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to run as a Administrator. Once it opens, go to Windows Audio service and double-click on it. It will open Windows Audio Properties page. Click on Dependencies. It will show something like Multimedia Class Scheduler, Remote Procedure Call (RPC) and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder. These are the Services. Ensure that all these services are running by checking in the list.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-enable-windows-audio-service-on-windows-7.166099/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello,

Could anyone tell me the advantages and disadvantages of disabling cache writing on the priming HDD? Thanks in advance

A:Cache Writing - Enable or not to enable?

I think the default setting is usually to enable it?

I have a dim understand of it from memory. As I recall, enabling it provides slightly faster performance but has a slight risk of data corruption in cases of a bad shutdown--like from a power outage. It can also have consequences when using RAID.

The geekiest thing to do is to enable it, but use a UPS (uninterruptible power supply) to eliminate the risk from power failure.

Me? I've always left it enabled and haven't knowingly suffered any negative consequences.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/34056-cache-writing-enable-not-enable.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I've recently installed a wireless lan in my office. I have Roadrunner cable coming into their router which in turn is attached to a Linksys router. I have one desktop (Dell) running XP Pro hardwire to the router. I also have a laptop and another desktop connected via wireless. I've seen all over the place that you should not enable file sharing. So, how do you allow acces from one computer to another. I've set them all up on the same workgroup.....what am I missing? I've been able to send print from the wireless laptop to the printer attached to the wireless desktop. It's just the folders I'm having problems accessing.
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

A:To enable or not to enable (file sharing that is)

Where exactly have "I've seen all over the place that you should not enable file sharing".

If you don't that is fine. But then you can't share files. Just a choice to make.

With a router you should be reasonably protected.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/to-enable-or-not-to-enable-file-sharing-that-is.374214/
Relevancy 39.13%

when I connect to screen mirroring device my laptop screen goes black. The screen mirroring device screen also stay black, it does show it is loading but it never mirrors laptop. Need to enable laptop screen to mirror not turn off.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437696-how-do-i-enable-laptop-screen-goes-black-when-i-am-switching-screen-mirroring.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Ok so I have had the google redirect virus I have been fighting it and the internet has worked until i followed a tutorial on fixing the virus that involved editing my host file after that the internet stopped working I reset my host file to the original state but the internet still hasnt been working When I run ipconfig all in cmd it says DHCP Enabled enable DHCP no, enable cant no I went to the the control panel and have both TCP IPv and TCP IPv settings set to automatic but this doesnt change the state of my dhcp I have tried winsock and resetlog txt but no luck I do not think this is related the the virus because it only spammed my internet I think this is because of the changes I made in the attempt to fix the problem I am running windows and I am posting this on a laptop since I cannot access internet via the suspect computer Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 36.98%

I have a new laptop, and the integrated sound, for the most part, is terrible. I noticed that Creative has a PCMCIA Soundcard which seems decent.

Audigy also has a PCMCIA soundcard, the Audigy 2 ZS Notebook Card.

My question is, which one is better?

Also, I know that I would need to buy speakers/headphones for the new audio to work, but would I be able to remove the PCMCIA card from the slot and use the onboard sound if I needed to travel, or would I have to do more than just unplug the component?

Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 36.98%

I just installed WIndows XP Professional on my
Toshiba Satellite A105-S2001.
Everything went smooth, went to the site and downloaded the drivers, now the audio isn't working... need help thanks

A:No audio on laptop

Could you post the full model name/number?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-on-laptop.107987/
Relevancy 36.98%

I recently bought A laptop from amazon(elitebook 8440p) it came with a fresh installation of windows 7 home premiumx64 . I started updating all the old drivers and doing windows updates etc when all the sudden my audio wasnt working. The speaker symbol has the muted icon but when highlighted it says " no audio output device is installed " ive gone through the basic steps windows provides and nothing has fixed it . Under sound video and game controllers in device manager two devices are listed (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC) and ( Intel(R) Display Audio) both look normal and have no warnings and both are enabled

im slightly a noob and really want to use this laptop as the most ive done is update stuff and no audio isnt fun : (

Thanks in advance for any and all help

Relevancy 36.98%

Some unofficial FAQ s Headphone Jack FAQ -- if you have sound through the headphone jack but not the speakers Headset Combo Jack FAQ -- if you only have a single FAQ Audio Laptop jack for both headphones and mic Choppy Skipping Audio Workarounds -- tips FAQ Laptop Audio from owners on dealing with audio noises and glitching Dell Diagnostic Audio Tests -- when you need to know if a problem is in the hardware or the software FAQ Laptop Audio HDMI Audio FAQ -- when you want to send audio through an HDMI cable to a TV How to Insert a Screen Shot into a Post -- how to get an image into your post Audio Driver FAQ -- information about audio drivers Input Monitoring FAQ -- when you want to hear whatever is plugged into the mic line-in jack Legacy FAQ s nbsp VLC Media Player WARNING -- This faq was about an issue with warranty service for speaker problems if the popular VLC media player was installed on the laptop No longer an issue because of changes at Dell and with the player itself Inspiron amp Speaker Wires Can Break nbsp -- probably not many of those models around anymore

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19510764
Relevancy 36.98%

Since today I have no audio whatsoever.

I tried several methods on the Internet and nothing worked.

The speakers are internal.

Just five hours ago the sound worked good.

A:Laptop does not have audio

I have a similar problem with my Toshiba Satellite L755.  I've circumvented it by getting a bluetooth adapter and speaker.  I can also use headphones that work OK.  YMMV.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536759/laptop-does-not-have-audio/
Relevancy 36.98%

I am connecting a laptop to a PA system in a school.. the laptop to the PA is fine. Once i connect to projector to the laptop, i have a terrible noise! I guess it is an issue with the electric. Anyone have any ideas how to fix it?

Relevancy 36.98%

Ok i want good sound on my laptop and i got a screenshot:

it's off of ibuypower.com on the "Battalion 101 S550-Turbo" specs.

i know the AC'97 is an Intel integrated sound chip right? so does it offer surround sound (5.1 at least)? and then there's a "," so i'm guessing their not the same thing and then "SoundBlaster Compatible" WTF is that supposed to mean? i hope it's not that i can buy the pcmcia augity SB, cuz i can do that with any laptop

i'm a little clueless here and i hope i dont suond like a noob lol but any help is greatly appreciated TY

A:Laptop audio

No, that wee little integrated sound controller has no idea what surround sound is.
Your only option for that is either a PCMCIA or an USB soundcard.

Soundblaster Compatible means that the AC97 can emulate a SoundBlaster card for compatibility. Mind you, this is the original SB or maybe SBPro/SB16/AWE32, not anything fancy like SBLive or, heaven forbid, Audigy

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-audio.55797/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi guys and girls
Help get my sound back on laptop please acer

A:No audio on laptop

Try re-installing the sound driver (also referred to as the audio driver). You can download it from Acer support:
http://support.acer.com/us/en/default.aspx

Make sure you select the correct country (default is United States) by clicking bottom left of page where country name is.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-on-laptop.1054435/
Relevancy 36.98%

I'm running Vista 32 bit and can't get any audio so when I play any music no sound comes out from the PC. I do hear the music if a mic is connected. I tried to uninstall the sound drivers and that did not work. Any ideas?
Thanks You-
Russ

A:no audio from laptop

Try a system restore to before problem developed.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/using-windows-vista-system-restore/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/443186/no-audio-from-laptop/
Relevancy 36.98%

I came home to return to no audio coming from my laptop! I have tried a cold restart and no success. I don't understand why it would do this. I have checked "my computer" and it thinks it is working and the bar which shows the level of audio being produced is fluxuating correctly but I do not hear anything. please help!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-from-laptop-help-please.148112/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello, I have just managed to rid my daughters laptop (using B/computers spyware removal forum) of MS Removal Tool, but since then there has been no audio on her Toshiba Satellite L450-18D, I just get a message saying there is no audio device installed, or, there is a problem with your audio, or it might be in use by another program or not functioning properly. The audio was fine prior to the infection with MS Removal Tool. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

A:No audio on Laptop

The audio driver may have been corrupted or removed.
Check the Device Manager for any error symbols such as a question mark or exclamation mark which indicates a driver problem.

You can re-install the audio driver by downlaoding it from here: http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/generic/SUPPORT_PORTAL/

Enter the laptop's serial number & click "Go", or alternatively click "Auto Detect".

Or you can use the manual selection drop-down boxes on the right to choose the correct model.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/392069/no-audio-on-laptop/
Relevancy 36.98%

It seems to be not so hard of a problem and I tried to solve it on my own but I couldn't. I recently installed windows xp on my old computer and after installation the sound was there. I dont know what happend after it just magically disappeared. So I looked under device management and there is a (!) sign on REALTEK AC'97 audio. I dont know if this sound card is even right for my PC. PLEASE ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED. THANKS

More Info
Operating System: Windows XP Black Edition (Note: its not genuine it was hacked and so that might be the problem)
Computer type: Hp Pavilon ze4125

For more info just ask me on here.

A:No Audio on my laptop | HELP PLEASE

You can get the sound driver for that model here.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/p...reg_R1002_USEN

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-audio-on-my-laptop-help-please-481567.html
Relevancy 36.55%

I have several Divx4 files on cd and they play just fine on my desktop. But when I play them on my Laptop the synch is off immediately. It is a Acer Travelmate 512t with a 333mhz cpu and
256meg ram. Any ideas on a fix?

A:audio synch off on laptop only

Have you downloaded the latest codec from www.divx.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-synch-off-on-laptop-only.55030/
Relevancy 36.55%

I have an HP dv6000t laptop with XP. Recently, the internal speakers stopped working, and the only way for me to hear sounds is if I plug in headphones or external speakers.

Nothing is muted, and I noticed that when I open the 'Volume Control' window, then click on advanced on the bottom left, the 'Advanced Controls for Volume Control' window comes up and the Bass and Treble sliders are greyed out. They were not greyed out before.

If it helps, my Audio driver card thing is Conexant HD Audio and i believe the actual laptop internal speakers are altec Lansing.

Do you think uninstalling then reinstalling the audio driver will help? If so, can anyone point me to a step-by-step guide? I tried googling but i couldnt find anything really specific for my laptop.

Thx

A:No More Audio From Laptop Speakers.

Laptop audio can be such a pain!

Is there an external wheel or something to raise and lower the volume? Sometimes, it's set using the function key (fn) in conjunction with a couple of keys on the top right of the keyboard. Chances are you've disturbed some hardware setting rather than a software setting. Still, I'd think it would affect the speakers and external speakers evenly.

Always possible that whatever the speakers use to hook up has become disconnected . . .

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/95195/no-more-audio-from-laptop-speakers/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello all,

I was told at two different department stores that I would only need a PC audio cable to receive sound through my TV. The problem is that all the cables I find have a headphone jack on one end and red/white cables on the other end, but my TV needs a headphone jack as well. Can anyone recommend me a solution? Thank you for your help!

Relevancy 36.55%

Problem-
My laptop (Averatec 3250 Series) refuses to play dvd audio. I thought it was a device problem, but it will play CD audio (and all other sounds). I've tried multiple dvds (in multiple players), and updating the drivers. I've looked through all of the obvious sound options (system volumes, etc.) and I still can't seem to find the problem.

My sound card is a VIA AC97 Enchanced Audio Controller.

A:Laptop won't playing DVD audio.

Are you talking about "Audio" DVD's or are you talking about audio from a DVD movie?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-playing-dvd-audio.358341/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi everyone!

so I was watching a video but then decided to take a break and put my old Dell laptop on hibernate for about a few minutes. when I came back I logged back in played the video back but then there was no sound.

I checked if if I was just on mute. nope. on the audio tray I can see considerable activity on the volume gauge in sync to my video playing.

I tried to connect a headset. still nothing.

I tried connecting to my TV using a HDMI cable.... audio came out of my TV just fine

So I stll was perplexed why I had no audio on my laptop even through the headphone jack

I tried a system restore. still nothing

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the device.. nothing

restarted multiple times through all of the process...

anyone got any idea whats going on here ?

A:No audio coming out from laptop

Have you tried shutting it down normally, let it sit a bit & restart it?
I wouldn't of done the system resore, but....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-coming-out-from-laptop.200646/
Relevancy 36.55%

I've got this laptop:

http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=28017&vpn=LX.ANS0U.011&manufacture=Acer

It works well, aside from an audio problem. EVERY type of audio (.mp3s, streams, audio in videos, audio noises like IM beeping for messages, etc.) are all scratchy, choppy, and sometimes slow way down.

I've tried reinstall audio drivers, and I've tried installing some codec packs.

Both haven't worked.

Any ideas? I'm really frustrated with this.

A:Laptop Audio Issues

i think re-format is the only solution for that......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-audio-issues.748563/
Relevancy 36.55%

pls help me i just reformatted my toshiba satellite a laptop and i ve installed all programs but there is no sound everytime i download a soundcard from realtek or toshiba i get a window showing that the program lacks compatibility with windows xp pro i continued the installation though but still after i restart my computer and all there is still no sound when i open control panel no audio device can be detected there is also a yellow circle with a in it and it says that quot windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware my no device laptop in audio either its corrupted or missing code quot im getting crazy here pls help me heres the specs of my laptop toshiba satellite a windows xp pro mobile intel R pertium R ghz mb ram i ve done istalling and reinstalling no audio device in my laptop all the drivers i can download but still nothing works pls help me pls im really a noob when it comes to these things nbsp

A:no audio device in my laptop

driver downloads should be available from here
http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsp?service=UK

http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsp?service=UK
use archive files
you should then have a file
sound-20080604144153.zip

you then extract all the files
and double click on setup

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-device-in-my-laptop.762851/
Relevancy 36.55%

I have an Acer Aspire 7720

T8100 2.1GHz Core2Duo
3GB DDR2-667
Nvidia 8600M GT 512MB

http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=28017&vpn=LX.ANS0U.011&manufacture=Acer

It originally came with Vista Ultimate 64-bit and I had a lot of audio problems with scratchy, choppy sound. The computer seemed to go in slow motion while this happened.

I recently reformatted and installed Windows XP Pro 32-bit, and after getting all of the drivers, I'm still getting the same problems.

The audio choppiness happens quite often, when I stream videos, or play .mp3s, or even generic windows sounds. Sometimes it works perfectly, and other times it's awful.

The CPU usage and RAM usage do not spike when this happens, but it sure seems like my computer is lagging while this takes place. The audio is the most noticeable problem.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 36.55%

Tonight I was surfing the net and multiple layers of random audio just started playing through my speakers. At first I thought it was an ad but there was nothing on the page that would imply that an audio clip would correspond to. Then I listened closer to hear what appeared to be commercials (t.v.) and music. What is causing this?

Relevancy 36.55%

I have been working on an IBM thinkpad lately with WIN2x installed. The speakers barely produce a sound when being played from the DVD. I tried adjusting everything that was sound related (master volume, wave output, mediaplay, etc) and still can't get anything louder than you having to put your ear to the speaker for. Software is Power DVD. The system says their are no hardware or software conflicts.

Thanks ANYONE for help

A:Laptop audio problem

this might fall under a software problem.

I believe powerDVD has its own volume control that's seperate from windows. You might want to check that and turn it up. That could help.

Also, go to your Sounds and Audio Devices in the control pannel and open up the device volume "advanced" button. (Unless you have the little speaker icon in your system tray, you can double click that to get right there.) Then go to Options, Properties and select every option available. Then see if any of the options have their values turned down or muted and see if any help. (Obviously don't worry about stuff like microphone or line in.) I personally have the volume of almost everything turned all up (save microphone and line, which I leave muted) and let the master control control the volume level. (wow, two "control"s in a row, how confusing.)

Good luck. Let us know if any of that helps or doesn't.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-audio-problem.376370/
Relevancy 36.55%

I can't get any audio to play though my window's 10 HP EliteBook.  The error says that the speaker, headset or headphone isn't pluged in. This worked fine before my last window's update (not updating to windows 10 this computer has allways had windows 10 just the common weekly windows update). I have found several fixes that resolve around drivers for High Definition Audio however my computer only has the following listed in Device Manager: Conevant ISST AudioIntel(R) Display AudioUSB Audio Please help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Can-t-get-Audio-to-play-though-my-laptop/td-p/5743302
Relevancy 36.55%

a month ago my laptop broke and had to be shipped back to HP upon receving it back they had to replace the entire motherboard Before my laptop broke my audio was fine upon receving it back its working different and im unsure if im just maybe making the problem up in my head or is it really a hardware problem For instance before my laptop broke when my windows started up there would be sounds and when i would open aol there would be sound welcome you got mail goodbye but now there isn t When I put problem? audio Laptop my itunes on i can play a song and hear it fine however on other programs like on windows messanger live when I play a game sometimes the sound Laptop audio problem? doesn Laptop audio problem? t work Do you think upon fixing the motherboard something was damaged or maybe a plug is hanging out Also my laptop has a touchpad u can scroll the volume higher or lower upon changing it it used to make a sound every bit to let u know the sound is being adjusted now however there is no sound I check my volume and everything is set to max Anyone have any ideas nbsp

A:Laptop audio problem?

What version Windows is installed? and the SP level?

Also, try click Start->Run, enter dxdiag. See if the tool can troubleshoot any problem

let us know

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-audio-problem.136163/
Relevancy 36.55%

I have a Toshiba laptop w/ Windows XP and am getting no sound. When I restart my computer a message comes up reading "Devices or Applications Disabled: Yamaha AC-XG WDM audio device" will cause Windows to beome unstable" Does anyone have any suggestions on what is wrong and what I can do to get some sound back into my life? Thanks.

A:audio device on laptop

My problem has been solved...just needed to update my audio driver. Thanks anyway to all those that have looked at my post.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-device-on-laptop.265087/
Relevancy 36.55%

Whenever I start up my Laptop, it will not play any sound from any source (headphones or none). I have checked all of the audio settings but nothing... The only way to get sound is to restart the computer, but when I go to use the computer the next day, the same problem, and another restart is needed.
Any help with this would be appreciated.
The laptop in question is a fairly new Lenovo z70

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/laptop-has-no-audio-without-restart-help-please-4606190/
Relevancy 36.55%

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this in. If not, please be kind enough to direct me to a better one.

Thanks.

Steve

I have a fairly new Toshiba Satellite

L305-S5937 laptop.

I'm quite happy with it except for one thing.

Maybe it's the nature of the beast but I'm not happy with the audio volume output.

When playing music on iTunes or watching most DVD's the sound is loud enough.

Certain website's audio or the audio on certain Youtube vids is too soft.

The problem originates with the media being listened to.

Even with the volume settings on full, some things are too soft.

Absent attaching amplified speakers, is there any way to boost output volume beyond factory default? I'm looking for a way to compensate for the low sound supplied by the origin without external attachments. Thanks all you gurus.

A:Audio volume on laptop

I have Tosh Sat too and its audio is not that great. Yes some sites I can dance with my chair,others I'm resting my head on the keyboard thinking I should have learned sign language. I think it is the nature of the beast.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-volume-on-laptop.911207/
Relevancy 36.55%

Try this again I have an asus laptop with home premium x A few days ago sound started cutting out when playing audio followed by an awful constant noise being made by the speakers headphones problem laptop audio This could be temporarily fixed by rebooting Now windows says I have no speakers no headphones and no realtek audio driver Windows won t play media at all now I tried audio and video files in WMP and audio laptop audio problem in Mediamonkey but windows just opens the program and acts like it is going to play but never does not that it matters with no audio I have tried updating drivers uninstalling and reinstalling said drivers restoring the whole computer laptop audio problem and contacting asus down but nothing has fixed it There is also a hdmi out that is still detected by windows but I have no way of checking if it actually works I can just send it in because the warranty was voided by an idiot dropping it on the asphalt about a month ago I have no permanent address for it to be returned to right now I probably can t afford what asus would want for fixing it Any suggestions regarding fixing my laptop nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-audio-problem.1011425/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi, I joined to ask about a problem with my new Inspiron 3521. I noticed that audio playback through my headphones has a defined echo. I've done some research, but nothing I've found has had any effects. I've tried both silver and gold headphone connections, my microphone is off, and all realtek enhancements are disabled. I've noted that in Winamp, when messing with the balance, turning it entirely to the left or right, the opposing side's audio will still play, though the echo is not present. That leads me to think it's a software issue, but I can't find any pertinant options. If anyone has any ideas, I would much appreciate some feedback. Thanks!

EDIT: Eureka! I feel dumb. So, I glanced at my status tray thingy, and noticed a speaker icon for "Dell Audio". Opened it up, disabled everything, and the echo stopped. Seems like my audio was getting double processed. Nevermind.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517784/audio-echo-on-new-laptop/
Relevancy 36.55%

I have an HP Pavilion dv5  laptop that runs Windows 10 and I can't get it to stream audio. It streams video just fine but with no sound through the TV speakers. When I go to sound card settings it says my TV isn't connected, but it is. What am I doing wrong?

A:Why won't my HP laptop stream audio?

Hi: In order to try and help you, I would need to know the full model number or product number of your dv5. The most likely reason is, if it has an Intel graphics adapter is that the HDMI audio drivers are not installed. Since your notebook is not supported by HP for W10 and there are no W10 drivers for the HD audio you have to use the W7 HD audio drivers without messing with the graphics. But I can't go any further with how you should proceed (if your notebook has the onboard Intel graphics), unless I know what the full model number of your notebook is.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Why-won-t-my-HP-laptop-stream-audio/td-p/5804013
Relevancy 36.55%

I am going to college Fall 2010 and need a laptop that I can use as an on-the-go "studio". I have Finale, M-Audio Session, and Sonar Home Studio 7. (Though I would be willing to switch from sonar to Logic as it is giving me much grief). I know that macbook pros are good, but they are expensive and I only need something that's good with audio, nothing fancy. Any suggestions?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/290129/best-laptop-for-audio-recording/
Relevancy 36.55%

I have to keep the volume on my laptop at otherwise I cant hear anything It is EXTREMELY frustrating when I have maxed volume on a video and my laptop even ... at its Audio is frustratingly though low, on my laptop and I still cant hear bleep I've gone through the audio troubleshooting times today and dozens of times before It used to be FINE before an update who knows how long ago I've tried disabling enabling the speakers updating the driver software uninstalling Audio on my laptop is frustratingly low, even though its at ... reinstalling the software everything I am sick and tired of dealing with bleep ty volume control on a laptop that should be working just fine How can I fix this so I can actually use the stupid thing again I have online classes and dont nbsp have time for this crap nbsp Please note I do not have an enhancements tab or section anywhere in my audio settings I have scoured any and every possible place that setting could be and it doesnt exist on this computer nbsp OS Windows Most up to date Updated just the other day Connection WifiError messages None

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Audio-on-my-laptop-is-frustratingly-low-even-though-its-at/td-p/5755007
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello, First of all thanks for reading this.

Had bad virus problems a few days ago, Had RECYCLE.BIN virus's which took an age to get rid of. Eventually managed to get malwarebytes to work in safe mode and ran other programs (super antispyware, autorun eater) and it seemed to get rid of it. Computer was running very slow before, and seemed to be running fine afterwards.

However now realised that when playing audio and video every now and then the sound will distort and video will freeze, only for a few seconds then go back to normal. I have tried uninstalling the sound drive and re-installing it to no use.

Thanks for any help.
*sorry just realised this is probably in wrong area, please move if required. (New member sorry)*

A:Laptop Audio Problems

im not an expert but to help bump ur thread can you give some more info like if it has random freezing anything wrong with the os like errors or a comfix log file attached. and not sure if you posted specs on machine or the os yet

from

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467040/laptop-audio-problems/
Relevancy 36.55%

bought laptop had windows 8 installed  changed to windows 10 lost the sound when i go into device manager it tells me no audio device found so need to reinstall it.

A:no audio device on the laptop

Hi: The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if installing this W10 IDT audio driver works for your PC. This package contains the driver that enables the IDTHigh-Definition (HD) Audio in supported notebook models that arerunning a supported operating system. File name: sp63555.exe Install and restart the PC. If that doesn't work, try the W8.1 audio driver from your notebook's support and driver page.    

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/no-audio-device-on-the-laptop/td-p/5788865
Relevancy 36.55%

I have a problem with my laptop and my headphones, I think it's a software problem. Well, when I plug my headphones into the front jack of the PC, the sound is very clear and also with alot of bass but when I connect the headphones to the laptop in the only jack (the one on the side), the sound keeps the same quality but the bass effect dissapears. Firstly I thought that I have to switch from "Speakers" to "Headphones" in the laptop's audio control panel (I'm using Windows 7) but I couln't found/select the "Headphones" options. The driver used on the laptop seems to be different than the one used for the PC. Do you have any idea of what's happening, something more clear than "check the settings on PC to match the one on laptop", etc?

A:PC vs. Laptop - Different audio in headphones

You should be able to adjust your bass and treble under volume mixer, then select which output device.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/120811-pc-vs-laptop-different-audio-headphones.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Ok well I recently upgraded to Windows 7 like a month ago and I had no problems, until like 2 weeks ago. It happens on occasions, ill put on a song and it will stutter and lag my computer, or my msn sound will go off and it will freeze for a second. I downloaded the latest drivers and still it freezes, I checked if I have too much stuff running and it is not that. I don't know if anyone has a solution for that. I have a Gateway NV44.

A:Audio causes laptop to freeze

Cpu throttling in the bios or app that starts with Windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/45460-audio-causes-laptop-freeze.html
Relevancy 36.55%

when i listen to music on my laptop, the music plays normally but at randowm intervals, it only plays out of 1 speaker. This happens when i use earphones or external speakers plugged in the laptop. Any ideas of how this can be fixed?

A:audio problems with laptop

have you a speaker icon in the system tray - bottom right hand side
double click on it
see if you have the slider above volume to one side left or right

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-problems-with-laptop.666990/