Windows Support Forum

No sound (High definition audio device)

Q: No sound (High definition audio device)

Sound works on Win XP (multibooted) but not on Win 7 RC1.
I do not know which sound card my computer is using.
I have a Samsung Sens Q35 laptop.
When I click on the sound icon on the tray on the bottom right, the only device that is listed is Digital Audio (S/PDIF)
When I go to the device manager, it says High Definition Audio Device.
It's version 6.1.7100.0

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: No sound (High definition audio device)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: No sound (High definition audio device)

I am having the exact same problem.

Works fine in XP, boot into 7 and it detects a high definition audio device and automatically installs. But the only audio device selectable is a Digital audio S/PDIF and I'm sure i don't have the connections/speakers for that.

The mixer is showing sounds coming through but I don't have a digital decoder (not sure if my terminology is correct)

Any solutions/ similar problems ? I've been searching for about a week with no luck.

So far i've tried installing the drivers that came with the mobo, the latest drivers for vista/windows x64 and disabling enabling uninstalling. Even going to the bios and searching for audio options in there (only able to set HD Audio to Auto or Disable)

please help

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/15046-no-sound-high-definition-audio-device.html
Relevancy 86.18%

Hi everyone.

I bought my mom a refurbished PC and no sound comes out of the speakers. I have made multiple attempts to update the sound driver with no luck. The salesperson over the phone told me I needed to download a new sound driver, but offered no help in identifying which one. I have filled out the system info specs and would appreciate the help in identifying which driver to download.

Please and thank you!

A:High Definition Audio Device - No Sound

If you have the "HD Audio Codec" listed as the sound device/driver that is the generic Windows driver and many systems need vendor specific sound drivers.

Without the actual Lenovo PC model number there is no way we (or you) can try to find the correct driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/234186-high-definition-audio-device-no-sound.html
Relevancy 85.87%

Hi, please help.
I accidentally uninstalled audio device on high definition audio bus...now it has a yello exclamation mark and won't update. Under audio it says I have no audio device. I have windows XP, service 3 pack... and I hope this is the number you would need 55274-640-8725436-23218? thanks

A:No sound, accidentally uninstalled audio device on high definition audio bus

What is the make and model# of your computer? Or if a custom build, the make and model# of your motherboard? Go to the Manufacturers Support/Download Drivers site, type in your make and model # and download the Audio Driver for your computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-sound-accidentally-uninstalled-audio-device-on-high-definition-audio-bus-659201.html
Relevancy 85.25%

Hi I just got a new PC and I can't get the sound to work My PC has the following specs Microsoft Windows Enterprise Edition -bit Service Pack Build DirectX Version CPU Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Mainboard Model Z A-G G MS- x E - x FF BC BIOS vendor American Megatrends Inc version V date My system is not muted I have tried to update the driver from both Realteks and MSIs web pages - no luck I have tried to connect my headphones in both rear and front - no luck When I play audio - I do see green bars in under the playback tab under sound devices I do have the Realtek HD Audio Manager I have noticed that when I mark quot Disable front panel jack detection quot in the Realtek HD audio manager the headphones appears to be connected in the playback tab when I realtek no sound device high definition - audio uncheck it the headphones seems to be disconnected in the playback tab Can anyone help me please realtek high definition audio device - no sound Kind regards Sonderkar

A:realtek high definition audio device - no sound

Is the "Speakers" set as the default audio playback device? That setting is in the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound/Sound Panel.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/235154-realtek-high-definition-audio-device-no-sound.html
Relevancy 84.63%

Dear helpful people

I was uninstalling some programs last night, and I somehow accidentally uninstalled my audio driver. Now whenever I turn on my PC, it says there is a new audio device on high definition audio bus, but that it can't find the driver for it. All advice on other sites said to download and install RealTek, which I have and restated my computer, but I still get the "not finding the driver" error. Is there some step I am forgetting to do, or could there be something else wrong?

I assume you need more details, but I am not sure what to give, just ask and I will get them to you right away.

A:No sound from audio device on high definition audio bus

I have now found out that device is SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio, but now whenever I try and install the setup for the driver, I get an error saying
"The audio Driver files do not support your computer hardware"

I am starting to think I uninstalled something really important, do you have any idea what I should check to ensure all the proper audio files are there, or how to replace them?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-sound-from-audio-device-on-high-definition-audio-bus-449019.html
Relevancy 83.7%

Hello, Some time ago i was tried to connect my 5.1 creative speakers to my laptop and when i wass connecting one by one the cables windows 7 asked me what speakers it will play ( Rear, Front, Center) but now i try to connect them again and it does not ask me that ... and only 2 speakers and sub is playing know ... and cant find what is the problem and when i go to Sound and press at the speakers that is working configure there is not a choice of 5.1 as it was before ... What is the Problem know please can anyone help me ?

A:5.1 Sound doesnt work at Realtek High Definition Audio Device

Do you have the VIA HD Audio Deck installed with your sound driver. It may be in the control panel, systray or not installed. It should be compatible with your realtek onboard audio. I usually have more luck using this to configure my speaker setup than windows as in may versions it supports jack switching.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/191730-5-1-sound-doesnt-work-realtek-high-definition-audio-device.html
Relevancy 83.08%

Hi everyone I would be very grateful for some help please My laptop recently installed a BIOS update - I don't know what this was but since it happened I have been having sound problems with my laptop After the update I had no sound I read around and found how to get the sound back on - I did this by uninstalling AMD high definition audio device and high definition audio device I definition realtek problem and device high audio high definition audio would then restart the laptop and the sound would be working again But when the laptop would be turned off on turning back on it would re-install the above things again automatically and the sound would no longer work I noticed that when the sound was working realtek high definition audio was listed under sound video and game controllers in the device manager and when it wasn't working this wasn't there Every time I uninstalled the AMD high definition audio device and high definition audio device the realtek realtek high definition audio and high definition audio device problem one would be automatically installed when the laptop was restarted but then taken off on the next restart I tried disabling the first realtek high definition audio and high definition audio device problem to see if that made any difference but it didn't I realtek high definition audio and high definition audio device problem noticed the drivers could be removed for the AMD high definition audio device so I tried that - that is now fully removed but I still have the problem with sound My laptop keeps automatically installing high definition audio device When this is listed the sound doesn't work and the realtek high definition audio isn't listed When I uninstall that - on the first restart the realtek high definition audio is listed again and the sound works but on turning the laptop off I have to go through the whole process again as the high definition audio device is listed again and no sound Please could anyone advice me how I can sort this out Is there a way I can stop the high defintion audio device from installing on restart so that the realtek high definition audio remains along with my sound Disabling the high defintion audio doesn't make any difference Thank you for any help

A:realtek high definition audio and high definition audio device problem

First, the AMD High Definition Audio Device is ONLY for HDMI audio. It has nothing to do with the PC audio (speakers and/or headset).

Are you sure it was a BIOS update? Those are normally not automatic. The BIOS is the heart of the PC and controls the hardware configurations.

The basic Windows installed High Definition Audio Coded/Device is a generic audio driver. It can be installed for the PC audio and/or the HDMI audio. As this is a generic, basic function driver, the correct hardware driver needs to be installed.

Without the actual HP model number, I can't research what actually belongs on your PC. Apparently it is RealTek, but as it isn't functioning properly, or conflicting I still need to research the PC's specs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/345501-realtek-high-definition-audio-high-definition-audio-device-problem.html
Relevancy 106.21%

im using now a sound driver default "High Definition Audio Device"Driver
do i need to uninstall it first before changing to realtek sound drivers??
and how do i uninstall it in safest way??and was there an option to undo if something goes wrong??

im using windows 7 ultimate 32bit. ..

A:Asking :SOUND DRIVER High Definition Audio Device Driver

That is the default Windows audio driver, and I don't think it can be uninstalled. Best is to not worry about it and just install the Realtek driver.

Quote:
and was there an option to undo if something goes wrong??

Uninstall the Realtek driver or do a system restore to before you installed it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/151429-asking-sound-driver-high-definition-audio-device-driver.html
Relevancy 103.2%

My IDT audio works fine and my laptop's sound works fine, but when I hoop up my laptop to my TV through a HDMI cord I get my laptop's video output displayed on my TV but no sound from my laptop is output to my TV. I think the problem is because there is something wrong with my High Definition Audio Device. It has a yellow triangle next to it with a ! in the middle of the yellow triangle in device manager under Sound, video, and game controllers. And when I click properties on the High Definition Audio Device, it says, " This device cannot start. (Code 10) {Operation Failed} The requested operation was unsuccessful". Any help would be great. Windows 10 is CLEAN installed on a NEW HARD DRIVE. I DID NOT upgrade, windows 10 was clean installed from a disk.

A:High Definition Audio Device, Code 10 device cannot start, y...

Hi: Yes, that is the Intel HDMI audio device that is having a problem. See if this works...right click on it, and select uninstall. Check the Uninstall Driver box and restart the PC. Hopefully the HDMI audio driver will reinstall itself properly. If not, I have one other trick up my sleeve.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/High-Definition-Audio-Device-Code-10-device-cannot-start/td-p/5605030
Relevancy 103.2%

Hey nbsp First things first I'm running an Aspire V - cann... - Code High Definition Audio device 10 Device g laptop nbsp After the recent Windows update I was having issues getting past the lock screen took AGES to get to the point where I could input my password and it had been a while so I reformatted 'reset my PC' deleting all files - this actually didn't solve my problem so I used Rufus with a Windows iso from Microsoft to delete all partitions and REALLY start fresh Ever since the laptop is running like a dream--in all but one respect nbsp It seems like no matter High Definition Audio Device Code 10 - device cann... WHAT I do I CANNOT get my HDMI audio TV to appear as an option in Playback Devices yes disabled devices is ticked Looking in Device Manager the High Definition Audio Device has an exclamation mark is throwing a code - High Definition Audio Device Code 10 - device cann... device unable to start I've tried uninstalling it tried installing all drivers from Intel's V - g page including chipset updated my graphics driver Realtek Intel HD audio drivers and yet nothing Ran sfc ran chkdsk nothing nbsp I read something that led me to believe NET framework might be part of the issue--and I did actually have quite a bit of difficulty getting installed functional but I finally did and still nothing nbsp I'm seriously losing my mind I'm having to run my surround sound through an auxiliary cable into the laptop which is just sacrilege and a fraction of the quality nbsp If there is ANYTHING ANYONE can suggest beyond the above please do

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/High-Definition-Audio-Device-Code-10-device-cannot-start-tried/td-p/464840
Relevancy 102.77%

I just bought a notebook Lenovo G and I Bus not found Audio High driver on Definition Lenovo G450 Audio on Device had drivers not found problem My OS is Windows XP SP In Device Manager there are four quot Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus quot device with exclamation mark Below is the link to the screenshot of my device manager pardon me you have copy-paste the link manually since my post count is still below so I cannot post link image here There is no sound problem since I had successfully installed the sound driver from lenovo The name is quot Conexant High Definition SmartAudio quot as you can see on the screenshot above and the sound is working without problem I also had installed Microsoft UAA Bus Driver before installing the sound driver I had tried installing realtek and nvidia high definition audio driver and all required drivers from lenovo http consumersupport lenovo com en DriversDownloads drivers list aspx CategoryID but still no avail The four yellow exclamation marks is still exist So I need help to identify what actually are the devices that shown as quot Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus quot And where can I get the driver for that devices These are the device IDs Code HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN DE amp DEV B amp SUBSYS DE amp REV amp CAAF amp amp HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN DE amp DEV B amp SUBSYS DE amp REV amp CAAF amp amp HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN DE amp DEV B amp SUBSYS DE amp REV amp CAAF amp amp HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN DE amp DEV B amp SUBSYS DE amp REV amp CAAF amp amp I already searched the device ID with google but cannot found any information about them Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus driver not found on Lenovo G450

I'd advise you should first upgrade to SP3. Then report back if you still have the problem and can proceed from there

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-device-on-high-definition-audio-bus-driver-not-found-on-lenovo-g450.138332/
Relevancy 102.77%

Just reinstalled windows definition device Formula audio -- on audio ASUS Maximus bus high xp Reinstalled all my drivers but I'm not sure what this quot audio device on high definition audio bus quot driver is that device driver has put that yellow question mark next to I've looked and audio device on high definition audio bus -- ASUS Maximus Formula looked on Google it seems some audio device on high definition audio bus -- ASUS Maximus Formula people have fixed with video card drivers others motherboard drivers I'm using a fatality pro soundblaster card I've tried to download the audio drivers for the maximus formula but I believe this goes to the sound card that comes with the mobo which I am not using When I try to install it says that it doesn't match my hardware and aborts I have also disabled on-board sound or the equivalent thereof for this board in BIOS My chipset is X and my SB is IR ICH R Also if it helps the device instance id is Quote HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN amp DEV AA amp SUBSYS AA amp REV amp A amp amp Oh and thanks

A:audio device on high definition audio bus -- ASUS Maximus Formula

Are you getting sound through the sound card? Did you install the drivers to the sound card? Try to enable on-board and see if you get sound from the card? After you enable on-board, install drivers for it, then go back and disable it so it might shut up.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/audio-device-on-high-definition-audio-bus-asus-maximus-formula-283675.html
Relevancy 102.34%

Where can I find the latest update for my High Definition Audio Device (Microsoft manufacturer)? I tried searching both on Microsoft and Google and couldn't find anything legit. Why is it so hard to find this? The latest version I have is 19/11/2010.

A:High Definition Audio Device

Why do you need to update?

Microsoft doesn't make hardware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/high-definition-audio-device.1045712/
Relevancy 102.34%

Weird issue with AMD High Definition Audio Device and possibly AMD in general It's not very important if it's only for the HDMI device since I don't even use it lately but I'd like to see if there is a solution Basically the latest driver from catalyst package is but it won't update from without crashing the system while trying to do it with the main installer I wonder if there is a fix I know it's probably possible to force it otherwise e g do it with the GPU disabled or something but I mainly wonder if there is something more basic making it Audio AMD [..] High Device and Definition quirky since I'm not that interested in actually using it but in fixing it properly It's probably very related to a more severe issue Closing the lid often BSODs the system It's also possible to BSOD the system if the GPU is attempted to be disabled on non-safe mode This is a more easily googled issue Logs for that mainly point to Monitor sys which is in turn connected to the AMD High Definition Audio Device and [..] GPU Monitor sys is the generic driver so it can't be just that easily If I'm not mistaken the HDMI crash may also start from Monitor sys The GPU is a PCI VEN amp DEV C amp CC The HDMI HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN amp DEV AA amp SUBSYS AA

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/21739-amd-high-definition-audio-device.html
Relevancy 102.34%

On my lenovo T61 I just installed windows xp and there are quite a few drivers missing that i am looking for. I found what I thought was the solution to the audio problem here: http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/si...cid=MIGR-67816
but it didn't seem to work. Since I don't have internet on the computer i just switched to xp, I downloaded what was on that website onto a usb drive and then installed it on the computer I'm trying to fix. It still says that I am missing the "audio device on high definition audio bus". Shouldn't the file at the above link take care of the problem? Anyone know where I could find the driver I need?

A:audio device on high definition audio bus missing for xp pro on lenovo t61 pc

bad thing about IBM's website is they sometimes post more than one driver. Look through the list to see if there are anymore audio drivers for Xp listed.

I could look, but IBM's site needs the unit type in order to look for drivers/manuals. 4 diget number on the white sticker on bottom of the laptop. for example

- ThinkPad R61(type):
- 7732, 7733, 7735, 7736, 7737, 7738, 7742
- 7743, 7751, 7753, 7754, 7755
- 8914, 8918, 8919, 8920, 8927, 8928, 8929
- 8942, 8943, 8944, 8945, 8947, 8948, 8949

those are laptop types that IBM uses, am sure you noticed that on the page you linked :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/audio-device-on-high-definition-audio-bus-missing-for-xp-pro-on-lenovo-t61-pc-284696.html
Relevancy 102.34%

Windows 10 was automatically installed on my HP Envy Phoenix desktop computer. Prior to this installation, I had audio. Now I have received a message that says, "No Audio Device is installed.  I tried every troubleshooting strategy that has been suggested but without success. I try everything and even on You Tube Video How to fixed it. I keep getting this messages: IDT - Audio Device - IDT High Definition Audio CODEC - Error 0x8007001f, Troubleshooting was unable to automatically fix all of the issues found. Audio services not responding

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Re-Tempo-Audio-Device-IDT-High-Definition-Audio-CODEC/td-p/5575273
Relevancy 101.48%

I'm Phantom High Audio Definition Device trying to solve a BSOD issue that I'm having I don't think that this problem is causing the BSOD but I want to eliminate it anyway and be sure I have a stereo system plugged into the rear headphone output and there is a headphone mic port on the front panel of the machine connected to the mobo using High Definition Audio currently has nothing connected to it I also have a Logitech G keyboard with it's own headphone mic ports on it which is in use In Device Manager under quot Sound video Phantom High Definition Audio Device and game controllers quot this is what shows AMD High Definition Audio Device - Graphics card HDMI sound output High Definition Audio Device - USB PnP Sound Device - Keyboard headphone mic ports VIA High Definition Audio - Rear output front panel VIA driver software has them linked as the same device When I check the High Definition Audio Device status this is what I get I've tested every possible audio output I can think of and I still can't figure out what where this device is I've unplugged the front panel HD Audio connection I tested every port on my graphics card I removed the graphics card to make sure it wasn't detecting this device on it I tested the Phantom High Definition Audio Device onboard HDMI as well as the onboard DVI using a DVI - gt HDMI cable I've gotten audio out of every port on this machine that will supply it still can't figure out where this is I can uninstall the device but every time I scan for new hardware it is detected even with the front panel HD Audio and graphics cards disconnected I've spent all afternoon looking for this thing Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Phantom High Definition Audio Device

That is probably for the HDMI audio from the i5 processor. The i5 and 17's have built in video and HDMI. I don't know of any way to eliminate that. You can disable it in the Device Manager.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/245452-phantom-high-definition-audio-device.html
Relevancy 101.48%

How can I get AMD HD audio device (see the Subject) plugged in; do I need to buy a HDMI digital jack?   When I opened the icon of "Sound" on the desktop, I, under the playback tab, saw the said device not plugged in.  Please help!

A:AMD High Definition Audio Device not plugged in

Hi: If your PC had an HDMI out port, that device would be connected via an HDMI cable. However, looking at the specs for your PC, I only see a DVI out port. I do not believe you will get sound from the DVI port by using a DVI to HDMI adapter cable. You'll only get video. I assume your PC speakers are working via the Realtek HD audio, correct?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/AMD-High-Definition-Audio-Device-not-plugged-in/td-p/5767501
Relevancy 101.48%

Hey i have a hp pavilion dv6748us and its xp. i need modem device on high defininton audio bus can any1 help?

Thanks

A:Modem device on high definition audio bus

That device is generally just for faxing (if that makes a difference).
It is normally installed as part of the audio driver. (is your sound working?)

Go to the hp website, click support, look up your model number and they'll give you all the driver downloads. Reinstall the audio

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/modem-device-on-high-definition-audio-bus.135957/
Relevancy 101.48%

Hi, My laptop in question is a HP Elitebook 8440p Just upgraded to Windows 10 Pro x64, and I've managed to find drivers for all but one device.  Under >> Sound, video and game controllers  - "High Definition Audio Device" It has a Hardware ID of:HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2804&SUBSYS_80860101&REV_1000 I've already tried installing:- IDT Audio Drivers- LSI High-Definition Audio (HDA) Modem- Intel Chipset Installation Utility None of the above has gotten rid of the yellow exclamation mark off the device under the device manager view. I had a few other devices where Win 10 didn't install by default, and for those Win 7 drivers seems to work fine, so I'm assuming the same will be true with the one above - I just need to know what to install... Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.  

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Missing "High Definition Audio Device" - Win 10 (or 7/8/8.1?...

Hi: You need to manually install the Intel HDMI audio driver from the W7 Intel HD graphics driver from your notebook's support page. Here's how to do that without messing up your graphics driver... First download and install this free file utility...1st file on the list is for 64 bit. http://www.7-zip.org/ Next, download and save the Intel graphics driver from your notebook's support page.  Do not run it. http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=4095873&swItemId=ob_127914_1&swEnvOid=4059#tab1 After you download the above driver file, right click on it and select 7-zip from the list. Have 7-zip Extract to: and let it extract the file into its folder name (sp64360). Once that is done, go to the device manager and click on the HD audio device needing the driver. Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver. Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder 7-zip created. Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and the driver should install. Then reboot.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Missing-quot-High-Definition-Audio-Device-quot-Win-10-or-7-8/td-p/5375129
Relevancy 101.48%

Issue: I have no audio when Im online. When watching video/music stored on my external no problems. Ive tried audio driver updates from dell/SigmaTel and ran a driver finder but that made no difference.

Been less than 24 hours since this started and Im clueless. I have a Dell 5100C desktop running XP Pro. Have searched for solutions but nothing has come up that resolves issue.

Thoughts?!

Hello ohcheap1,

You can download the Conexant driver for your modem at the Dell link below under the Communication section for your Dell 5100C.

Drivers & Downloads

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/293175-modem-device-high-definition-audio-bus.html
Relevancy 101.48%

I have a PNY 570 gtx videocard hooked up with a HDMI to monitor. No matter if I connect it to a audio receiver or to the monitor I only get a maximum of 2 channels and Bit Depths 16-bit.
Sample rates are only shown as 44.1kHz and 48.0kHz and the HDMI jack only shows L and R. It wont let me test a surround sound speaker system. The stats to this video cards sound will allow much higher samples and bits.
All this information was gathered in the Windows 7 sound properties.

I click on advanced in the sound properties and still cannot change to a higher quality that 48000 Hz.

What is wrong and how to I fix it?

A:Low bit rate only available for a high definition audio device.

First, 48Khz isn't going to give you any more. 16 bit/44.1Khz is "CD Quality". 48 Khz is usually only used by recording studios that are developing audio for Video use so it will sync properly. I have a recording studio and only use 24 bit 44.1Khz for the majority of my recording (and mix down to 16 bit 44.1Khz for the final product).

The PNY site doesn't list what the HDMI audio specs are for this card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/251416-low-bit-rate-only-available-high-definition-audio-device.html
Relevancy 101.48%

Since I installed Windows 7 , have no sound !
I have the same problem with xp , but I fixed it simply. In device manager I disabled ati audio or something like that and everything was ok .
But now, with windows 7 I can't do that , there is no ati audio ...
I suppose that is something about my graphic ...?
help me

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/8287/89713721.jpg

A:High definition audio device PROBLEM

Well, it says there's no speaker output available... do you have speakers plugged into the light green jack on the back of the PC?

Also, what is the USB Audio device? (or are these your speakers?)

Did you install Win 7 over the top of XP or is it a fresh install of Win7.

With your speakers plugged in you can try deleting -both- HD Audio devices in Device manager and reboot.

Ap

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/113926-high-definition-audio-device-problem.html
Relevancy 101.48%

hi everyone,

i cant use skype cause my contacts does not hear me.ive got high definition audio device,high definition audio device 2, line in and cd audio.i selected high definition audio device by default and its not working.i even tried the others to no avail.ive also deactivated bass booster and other audio improvements but still it does not work.plzzzzzz help me :-(

A:high definition audio device not working

chris050189, welcome to the Seven Forums.

"High definition audio device" means that it is running on the generic Windows audio driver, and you need to install the proper driver for your audio device. We can't tell you which you will need as you haven't listed anything to do with your system specs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/231631-high-definition-audio-device-not-working.html
Relevancy 101.48%

HI there,

I looked at my device manager, I've noticed that under network adapters, other device there is a little yellow ?(question mark) below Modem device on high definition Audio bus ? (question mark)
I search through Toshiba download, I couldn't find anything to download or upgrade?

what to download and from where ?

any help is appreciated

Thanks

ToshibaA100 said:

HI there,

I looked at my device manager, I've noticed that under network adapters, other device there is a little yellow ?(question mark) below Modem device on high definition Audio bus ? (question mark)
I search through Toshiba download, I couldn't find anything to download or upgrade?

what to download and from where ?

any help is appreciated

ThanksClick to expand...

You said it's under "Network Adapters"????

I'm guessing you're seeing it listed under "Other"? In any case, the name sounds like it is a High Definition Modem on your Toshiba. Look under the Audio Drivers on the Toshiba website for a modem device and download its driver

If you still need help, give the exact model of your Toshiba computer and tell us what version of Windows you are running

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/modem-device-on-high-definition-audio-bus.172434/
Relevancy 101.48%

Hi
I have just booted up my Acer Aspire One 725 laptop to find that the sound icon has a red cross next to it and it claims that 'No speakers or headphones are plugged in'. In the Control Panel it states that the AMD High Definition Audio Device is Not Plugged In.

As far as I know, I've done nothing to cause this.
I have already tried:
Download Realtek High Definition Audio device to the latest version (6.0.7.7841, according to Driver Easy that said Realtek High Defition Audio is unplugged and my current version is not the latest one)

After downloading it I installed it but always fail.

Now that I think about it, are Realtek and AMD different?

If you have any idea how to fix it please tell me (in simple way if you don't mind)
Every method I've tried didn't give a better changes.
I beg on your help.
Thank you.

hi could you post a screen shot of device manager with the sound section expanded. have you went to acer support site and download and install the audio driver from their?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/397792-amd-high-definition-audio-device-not-plugged.html
Relevancy 101.48%

Hi all,

I have been trying to solve this problem for a while now. I have a custom built PC (specs below) and when I try to install the high definition audio device all I get is "This device cannot start (Code 10)" I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver a number of times without any success I really don't know what else to do. Any ideas??

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8154 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 476837 MB, Free - 264589 MB; S: Total - 5504 MB, Free - 2140 MB;
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., Z77-D3H
Antivirus: AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2013, Updated and Enabled

A:High Definition Audio Device cannot start

Here is the support and driver downloads site for the Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H motherboard:

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4140#sp

Select the Support & Downloads tab.

Select Driver - Windows 7 64bit

The VIA audio driver is what you need to download and save and then install.

----------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/high-definition-audio-device-cannot-start.1103701/
Relevancy 101.48%

I have a yellow question mark in my Device Manager for this Audio Bus.Should i just reinstall my sound card drivers?

A:Modem Device on High Definition Audio Bus

Welcome to TSG....

What version of Windows do you have and services pack(s)?

Also Have you jsut either re-installed windows or done a repair-installation?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/modem-device-on-high-definition-audio-bus.647240/
Relevancy 101.48%

Hi
I have just booted up my Acer Aspire One 725 laptop to find that the sound icon has a red cross next to it and it claims that 'No speakers or headphones are plugged in'. In the Control Panel it states that the AMD High Definition Audio Device is Not Plugged In.

As far as I know, I've done nothing to cause this.
I have already tried:
Download Realtek High Definition Audio device to the latest version (6.0.7.7841, according to Driver Easy that said Realtek High Defition Audio is unplugged and my current version is not the latest one)

After downloading it I installed it but always fail.

Now that I think about it, are Realtek and AMD different?

If you have any idea how to fix it please tell me (in simple way if you don't mind)
Every method I've tried didn't give a better changes.
I beg on your help.
Thank you.

hi could you post a screen shot of device manager with the sound section expanded. have you went to acer support site and download and install the audio driver from their?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/397792-amd-high-definition-audio-device-not-plugged.html
Relevancy 101.48%

Hi everyone i have big problem..... so i have an high definition audio bus and i want to uninstall it but i cant when i uninstalled then rebooted my computer windows automaticly installs them again so i cant install other sound drivers bicause that "high definition audio bus" keeps installing it.

I was in the start > change device installation settings > and it dont give any help it still installing that driver again and again my computer is Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit please if somebody can help!

A:Win 7 high definition audio device problem

I had the same problem with my Epson printer. Even changing auto driver settings didn`t help.

Solution: Uninstalled the drivers, then re installed the drivers and software I wanted, then rebooted windows and it didn`t need to install anything else.
Don`t reboot just uninstall, install, THEN reboot, see what happens.

You do have the drivers you want to install ready to go, correct ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/289719-win-7-high-definition-audio-device-problem.html
Relevancy 101.48%

hi guys my audio seams to be having problems
randomly my speakers are saying they not working, im getting sound through my screen but i cant get my surround sound to work.
i have tried a few things but really have no idea what im doing any help would be great
thanks
ive added some photo to help

A:high definition audio device not plugged in

You ask about your speaker system but you don't tell us any information about your speaker system.

What speaker system do you have plugged in?
What ports do you have them plugged into.

We need you to fill out your system specs completely like mine.

This tutorial by Brink should help.

System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/351635-high-definition-audio-device-not-plugged.html
Relevancy 101.48%

So my laptop is a little structurally broken and I do not know how to fix it.

Right now I'm experiencing an audio issue where most of the sounds go through the speakers instead of the headset that use and find that there's an internal hardware issue.

I need to know how take care of this problem and I want it now!!!

Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12
Laptop: HP Envy Dv7-7223cl w/ Windows 7

The AMD High Definition is for HDMI audio ONLY, has nothing to do with regular PC audio or headset.

What is shown for the Sound in the Device Manager? Barring a Windows corruption the headphone jack may have developed a problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/378635-amd-high-definition-audio-device-not-plugged.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Hello, i have a problem with my sound. there is a Yellow Question mark beside Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus. I have a Windows XP SP3. The Computer model i use is IBM ThinkCentre M52 8215 EKU. This is the error i get in System Information:

Code:

Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_1981&SUBSYS_101402F9&REV_1002\4&310C0C77&1&0001 The drivers for this device are not installed.

A:Audio device on high definition audio bus problem

Try the driver HERE

That driver doesn't have an installation executable so also see How to Install a Driver when there's no Installation .EXE file to run

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-device-on-high-definition-audio-bus-problem.174276/
Relevancy 101.05%

I just had to reinstall my operating system which is Windows XP bus definition audio device high on audio driver service pack I have a Dell XPS i desktop computer I have the drivers and utilities cd that originally came with the computer On the disk are instructions on the order of driver installations I installed everything as it said but when I go into device manager I see the yellow question mark next to audio audio device on high definition audio bus driver device on high definition audio bus I ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the audio drivers I ve found the driver on Realtek s website and downloaded it but still no sound I tried going into the BIOS and disabling the onboard audio When I did this the audio device was no longer showing in device manager but the sound wasn t working The Windows software wizard also couldn t find anything for it either Audio type is HDA channel The driver is Realtek audio ALC HD audio The driver on the dell website is the same one I have with the disk If anyone could help I d audio device on high definition audio bus driver greatly appreciate it

A:audio device on high definition audio bus driver

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/SYSTEMS/xps630i/en/OM/HTML/software.htm#wp1111996You followed the above Dell instructions?See Sound and Speaker Problems at http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/SYSTEMS/xps630i/en/OM/HTML/trouble.htm#wp1092170 .FWIW: System Drivers at http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&ServiceTag=&SystemID=XPS_630I&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid=FWIW: Disabling onboard sound...is not what you want to do, unless you are using a physical soundcard in lieu of the sound capability provided on the motherboard. You have onboard sound.Device Manager only reflects the one problem you mentioned?Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/405857/audio-device-on-high-definition-audio-bus-driver/
Relevancy 101.05%

I tried to update this driver (Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus) on my computer, but I receive an error every time. It has a yellow exclamation mark by it. I have windows 10 and a Dell Inspiron 15-3521. It shows under "other devices" in my device manager, but should be under "sound, video, and game controllers." The device status is:The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)Data error (cyclic redundancy check).To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.How can I fix this error? 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19986449
Relevancy 101.05%

My speakers work, my head phones work when I switch over to them yet I have "four" yellow explanation points in my device manager as well as four times at start up I get found new hardware. I have been just canceling them when they pop up. I just reformatted this pc. What is going on here? What I do have connected is A) USB head phones B) USB mouse C) USB Keyboard D) Web Cam E) USB printer

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you
KB888
ADDED: I was just looking in my add/remove programs and I have never seen this one before. "It has listed there High Definition Audio package-KB888111"

Now I am wondering if I removed it if it will get rid of the yellow explanations that I have which is 4

Relevancy 101.05%

I had posted this topic in the windows xp forums but couldn t find a solution So I on device audio definition bus driver audio high m hoping maybe I can audio device on high definition audio bus driver find it in this forum I had to reinstall my operating system which is Windows XP service pack I have a Dell XPS i desktop computer I have the drivers and utilities cd that originally came with the computer On the disk are instructions on the order of driver installations I installed everything as it said but when I go into device manager I see the yellow question mark next to audio device on high definition audio bus I ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the audio drivers I ve found the driver on Realtek s website and downloaded it but still no sound The Windows software wizard also couldn t find anything for it either Audio type is HDA channel The driver is Realtek audio ALC HD audio The driver on the dell website is the same one I have with the disk If anyone could help I d greatly appreciate it

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/406566/audio-device-on-high-definition-audio-bus-driver/
Relevancy 101.05%

I tried to update this driver (Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus) on my computer, but I receive an error every time. It has a yellow exclamation mark by it. The reason I want this to function is so I can have sound come out of my TV when I plug in my HDMI. When I try to update it  I get a Intel(R) Display Audio Data Error. I have windows 10 and a Dell Inspiron 15-3521. It shows under "other devices" in my device manager, but should be under "sound, video, and game controllers." The device status is:The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)Data error (cyclic redundancy check).To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

How can I fix this error? 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19986789
Relevancy 101.05%

Can anyone advise on how to solve this problem. I had to format and reinstall window Xp Pro. And now I have no sound, In device manager there is a caution sign on the above. I dont now if its conected but the keyboard also has a problem the pound sign is not working I get a # instead. the @ sign is where the " mark is. any help. I think it is driver issue. I have registered with hardware helper at cost but still no joy. Any free download fixes please. Mike

A:Audio Device on high Definition audio Bus problems

For the keyboard, if you are in the UK, get to 'Control Panel', 'Regional & Language', 'Keyboards and Languages'.Select 'Change keyboards' then scroll down and look for 'English - UK'.You may have to change anything else in that window which is 'US' and set it to 'UK'.

For the audio, you need to give us some info re your setup. I only do telepathy after 4 cups of coffee and I'm on #2.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/audio-device-on-high-definition-audio-bus-problems-532705.html
Relevancy 100.19%

I have been trying to get audio through my HDMI and I haven't had any success. I've uninstalled and re-installed my audio drivers several times and made sure windows was up to date as well. Windows still tells me that an hdmi device is not plugged in.here are my specshttp://speccy.piriform.com/results/reQh7L377wsmZjbgvphtcJ4

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/480566/speakers-high-definition-audio-device-not-plugged-in/
Relevancy 100.19%

Howdy folks I recon most of you probably seen this problem before I browsed around the forums and the internet a bit to see if somebody was successful in solving it No luck so far All people who had this problem Definition error Audio Device(Code High 10) I seen online had Realtek Audio Drivers I have VIA HD Audio Deck When I go in control panel gt device manager I see a faulty Audio Device with Code the device is manufactured High Definition Audio Device(Code error 10) by Microsoft not VIA I tried uninstalling it but it reinstalls right away and still shows up as faulty with code error I also tried uninstalling all VIA HD Audi drivers but that didn't help either Motherboard Gigabyte Z MX-D H OS Windows Ultimate -bit GPU EVGA GeForce GTX GB CPU Intel core i GHZ Sound cards NVIDIA High Definition Audio High Definition Audio Device High Definition Audio Device I don't get the last two Only one of them seems to be working and it's also manufactured by Microsoft All drivers are up to date Thanks in advance for your help

A:High Definition Audio Device(Code error 10)

Juub

Try this driver

Name Download VIA Audio Driver

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/294293-high-definition-audio-device-code-error-10-a.html
Relevancy 100.19%

recently uninstalled "Expatshield" ever since my wireless card will not connect to my home network. whenever I boot windows "found new hardware" wizard pops up asking for drivers for "modem device on high definition audio bus" but I have been unable to find these drivers can anyone help please, life has ended without my internet.
I am running "windows xp pro sp3" on an HP pavilion dv9500 (used to be a Vista os but changed it to XP) my IP is Sat2Way modem my home network is a Netgear router.
As a point of interest if I boot into Linux wireless card works fine with no problems
Thanks for any help
Clive

A:[SOLVED] modem device on high definition audio bus

Go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. In the Device Manager any devices with yellow marks need to have drivers installed. On an internet computer go to the HP Drivers Site download the drivers for your wireless adapter and any other devices with yellow marks. Save them to a USB Flash drive and transfer them over to this computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-modem-device-on-high-definition-audio-bus-611390.html
Relevancy 100.19%

I was playing Minecraft when I got off of the computer. The next morning when I get on my Audio Service is broken and won't turn on, AMD stuff is saying its all unplugged, and I am running Windows 8.1 on a HP Pavilion. If you need/have any info please tell me. I would like to avoid paying any money or doing an entire reset if possible.

Thanks,
- Hudson

A:AMD High Definition Audio Device causing issues

Were you using Headphones or speakers directly connected to the computer? What is the model of the computer?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/55225-amd-high-definition-audio-device-causing-issues.html
Relevancy 100.19%

Hi

So i have tried to uninstall this damn High definition Audio device. I have 8 of them (because i have SLI i guess). So i have tried follow this guide for example:
PROCEEDURE to PERMANENTLY DISABLE THE NVIDIA HD sound device(BLACK SCREEN & LOGIN FIX)

Didn't work. It started to install again when i go to windows.

A:Can't uninstall High Definition Audio Device (Keeps installing)

Hi.

This may help Turn off Windows 7 Automatic Driver Installation

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/201686-cant-uninstall-high-definition-audio-device-keeps-installing.html
Relevancy 100.19%

I have reinstalled the driver 3 times, the computer just simply isnt recognizing that a speaker is plugged in.

I have realtek audio, and there is no new update to fix the driver.
I even restored the computer but nothing has worked yet.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

A:Speakers High definition audio device not plugged in.

Is the device enabled in the BIOS?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/436608/speakers-high-definition-audio-device-not-plugged-in/
Relevancy 100.19%

I have just booted up my HP Pavilion dv6-6b09sa (running on Windows 7) laptop to find that the sound icon has a red cross next to it and it claims that 'No speakers or headphones are plugged in'. In the Control Panel it states that the AMD High Definition Audio Device is Not Plugged In. As far as I know, I've done nothing to cause this.I have already tried:System restore to yesterday at 10pm;Instalation of a TDI driver from the HP website, however I do not know how to edit/disable/delete the old driver. I'm completely clueless about these things. Please help, I'm at a complete loss.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:AMD High Definition Audio Device Not Plugged In (HP Pavilion...

Hi, You're welcome  Try the following. Download the IDT Audio installer on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder. http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54001-54500/sp54400.exe When done, open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager and open up Sound, Video and Game Controllers.  Right click the IDT device and select Uninstall - you should also get a prompt to remove the current driver, tick the box to allow this and then proceed with the uninstall. When complete, restart the notebook and let Windows fully load.  Open your Downloads folder, right click on the IDT installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  When this has completed, right click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select Playback Devices.  Left click 'Speakers and Headphones' once to highlight it and then click the Set Default button - check if you now have audio. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/AMD-High-Definition-Audio-Device-Not-Plugged-In-HP-Pavilion/td-p/1501975
Relevancy 100.19%

Hii all there..
M hving lil bit information abt pc nd require sum help of urs in solving my problem.
Actually i formatted my pc recently. Had windows 7 before bt nw installed windows xp professional sp3. Nd da prblm is m unable to play muzic.... Da sound options are all greyed out nd moreover da realtek high definition audio is not appearing in device manager bt its installd in my pc.. Dont kno xactly wat mre infos r needed to b posted so plz say me da informations u require..Need ur help badly..
Thnx..

Relevancy 99.33%

so a few months ago we lost sound to our speakers my brother blamed it on me i went through the computer stuff and there was a giant over the audio device on high definition audio bus so i tried to reinstall it only to find out we didnt have the disk i needed so i tried to find a torrent online with no luck so today as a last resort i went into my system restore it has been High Device Definition Bus Audio Audio on activated since we first bought the computer so i had many checkpoints to refer to but when i went back a day ahead of the removal of the audio device on high definition audio bus it gave me an error saying that my computer could not Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus restore the computer to december th so i tried november th no luck december th december and even to yesturday february every time it told me that my computer could not restore to such and such date so now im here looking for a Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus for a Windows XP Home Edition Nettops bought in

A:Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus

What is the make and model # of your computer? If you have a name brand computer (HP, Dell etc) you can go to the manufacturers support/download drivers site, type in your service tag# or your make and model # and download the specific audio driver for your computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/audio-device-on-high-definition-audio-bus-628930.html
Relevancy 99.33%

recently downgraded from vista to xp pro, now i have no sound. ive uninstalled and reinstalled read every forum i could find, downloaded driver scanners and i cant seem to find a solution to the problem. any help would be appreciated

if you need any more info feel free to message me

A:Audio device on high definition audio bus

You have to install the audio driver of your laptop model from its manufacturers site for XP
Vista Drivers don't work for XP & ViceVersa.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-device-on-high-definition-audio-bus.783088/
Relevancy 99.33%

After I disassembled and reassembled my laptop I turned it on and there on High Audio Audio Bus Device Definition was no sound Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus coming from the speakers I thought I must have forgot to plug in the small speaker cord from underneath the motherboard so I reassembled it again I cannot say that the cord was unplugged because when I disassembled it again I ripped the ribbon cable from the power board so I was distracted by that the ribbon cable is sticky on one side and apparently it got loose and somehow it got mixed up with the DVD case so when I pulled out the DVD case it ripped the cable After I was sure that the speaker cable was plugged in and after I replaced the ribbon cable I reassembled it and there was still no sound When I open the device manager I see a yellow exclamation mark next to Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus I tried updating installing it but it says windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it High Definition Audio Device The system cannot find the file specified I went to the ASUS page and downloaded Realtek High Definition Audio but again no change Also system sounds are OK e g when there's an UAC notification Thanks for all your help

A:Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus

Did you uninstall all of the audio drivers before trying to install the new ones. If one of the files was unchanged by the update but corrupted or missing that could explain the problem.
Keep us posted

Dick

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563406/audio-device-on-high-definition-audio-bus/
Relevancy 99.33%

Motherboard :asus p5kpl-am se (no sound card)
vendor id :1106
device id :0397
problem: digital audio (S/PDIF) no sound

i've download numerous latest driver on the official website of VIA and installed it, yet no different..
i wonder if anybody can help me with the link or another solution..

A:VIA High Definition Audio ,no sound digital audio (S/PDIF)

Answered on your other duplicate post. To get speaker or headphone audio you need to set the "Speakers" as the default audio playback device.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/277310-via-high-definition-audio-no-sound-digital-audio-s-pdif.html
Relevancy 99.33%

i have a gateway computer and i want to record some audio from my computer. i looked online how to do this and stereo mixer kept coming up. i looked in my sound and show disabled and disconnected devices are both selected and i do not see stereo mixer in the list of recording devices. can someone please help me on how to get it?

A:conexant high definition audio and intel(R) High Definition Audio HDMI

The Conexant HD Audio would be the device that supplies the Stereo Mixer, if Gateway enabled it. Some vendors have not enabled it to avoid DRM (Digital Rights Management) issues. I've seen a couple of Dell's that way.

Have you tried reinstalling the Gateway supplied driver? If not, give that a try first.

Gateway Support - Downloads & Support Documents - Notebook / NV Series / NV54

If that does not work, unless you can find a compatible Conexant driver somewhere else you may be doomed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/303319-conexant-high-definition-audio-intel-r-high-definition-audio-hdmi.html
Relevancy 99.33%

Hi, I have a yellow exclamation mark next to High Definition Audio Device in Device Manager. It says I already have the best driver when I try to update the driver software. FYI, the Realtek one is good. I need to fix the High Definition Audio Device. My product number is G6R97UA#ABA. Please help me!

Solved!
View Solution.

A:High Definition Audio Device has yellow exclamation mark

OK, that is exactly what I thought it was in the first place...the Intel HD Audio chip. Try manually installing the driver I posted as follows.  If you have not deleted the file I posted, go to the device manager and click on the HD audio device needing the driver. Click on the Driver tab.  Click on Update Driver. Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file. That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp72370. Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and see if the driver installs that way. Then restart the PC. If you did delete the file, download and run the driver again, close out of the error window and follow the above procedure. I see the hardware ID you posted as supported in the driver file, so it should work.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/High-Definition-Audio-Device-has-yellow-exclamation-mark/td-p/5577017
Relevancy 99.33%

Hi,
It's been months since I got this 7601 geunine problem and after years of smoothly using my windows 7 from out of the blue this thing land on and I can't fix it even though I tried every possible method.

Anyway with this problem came another problem,whenever I connect my hdmi cable to my tv the video works fine but the audio doesn't work because windows can't install the driver which will later show me an option in the sound control of my lg tv so I can configure it on.I have realtek driver for audio and it has no connection with the cable,and the cable audio did work before when windows was all right.

The driver says the problem code is 0000000A
driver version is 6.1.7601.17514
Manufactur is Microsoft and not Realtek
Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/394815-windows-high-definition-audio-device-driver-cannot-installed.html
Relevancy 99.33%

Hi,
It's been months since I got this 7601 geunine problem and after years of smoothly using my windows 7 from out of the blue this thing land on and I can't fix it even though I tried every possible method.

Anyway with this problem came another problem,whenever I connect my hdmi cable to my tv the video works fine but the audio doesn't work because windows can't install the driver which will later show me an option in the sound control of my lg tv so I can configure it on.I have realtek driver for audio and it has no connection with the cable,and the cable audio did work before when windows was all right.

The driver says the problem code is 0000000A
driver version is 6.1.7601.17514
Manufactur is Microsoft and not Realtek
Thanks

A:Windows high definition audio device driver cannot be installed

Hi NG1,
As you have an Asus, use the inbuilt Asus updater, it will check all your drivers and tell you what you need, and the option to install.
ROY

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/394815-windows-high-definition-audio-device-driver-cannot-installed.html
Relevancy 99.33%

I have upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 and tried everything mentioned in this thread, but cannot remove the yellow flag.  Code 10 error in the device manager. registry entries are: any other suggestions? Chris

A:High Definition Audio Device has Yellow Flag on HP z240

Hi: Do you have the same issue with the same hardware ID? If not, please post the hardware ID for the HDA device that needs the driver. I only see W10 graphics driver for the nvidia graphics adapter.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/High-Definition-Audio-Device-has-Yellow-Flag-on-HP-z240/td-p/5684915
Relevancy 99.33%

I am running a clean install of Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1 on a Asus P8Z68 Deluxe. When I first installed Windows, first thing I did was install Intel's chipset drivers and IRST drivers, then all other mobo drivers. Checked Device Manager and everything is detected.

Here's where it gets weird, I had a MSI R6970 installed on a workbench and when it was time to put everything in the case the video card wouldn't fit.

I had spare GPUs lying around so I used a ATI 5450 in the meantime. However once I installed the 5450 and booted the system, then restart after detection, device manager is showing there's a unknown High Definition Audio Device in device manager.

I tried uninstall Realtek's drivers (R266) and reinstalling them, didn't work. I tried installing 'ATI HDMI Audio Device' from Realtek's website, didn't work.

Now I'm starting to think, does this have something to do with AMD's drivers?

A:Clean install - High Definition Audio Device listed twice!?

You're correct - this ATI card supports HDMI 1.3 which can transfer video and audio over a single cable. For that reason the card has its own audio device onboard, which requires drivers from AMD.

It will not conflict in any way with your existing Realtek audio, it's simply an additional audio device you may instruct Windows to use instead.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/196487-clean-install-high-definition-audio-device-listed-twice.html
Relevancy 99.33%

High Definition Audio Device from IDT integrated microphone array not working after Win 10 upgrade
I have try the Microsoft UAA and different drivers to no avail . i got it to work intermittently using a diagnotic tool on one laptop but theres still a yellow triangle in DEV Manger and the 2 nd laptop still no mic both same models

HP EliteBook 8440p Notebook PC
Model #: BW083US
Serial #: [Personal Information Removed]
integrated microphone array  - IDT HD audio CODEC

Audio
Device 1:  IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
Driven:    5twrt64.sys
Version:  6.10.6257.0
Device 2: High Definition Audio Device
Driver:     HdAudio.sys
Version:  10.0.10536.0

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/High-Definition-Audio-Device-microphone-array-not-working/td-p/5805851
Relevancy 98.9%

Microsoft High Definition Driver vs Realtek high definition audio driver?

A:Microsoft High Definition Driver vs Realtek high definition audio driv

Care to explain what you actually want to know?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/100407-microsoft-high-definition-driver-vs-realtek-high-definition-audio-driv.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Software Platform:
Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3 (+ latest updates)

Hardware Specification:
Intel G620 2.66GHz
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H
Galaxy Geforce 9600GT 512MB

I have installed Realtek Audio Driver from Gigabyte Website and there is sound but i always get the "found new hardware prompt" on startup... on Device manager i get the yellow question mark under other devices with these details:

General:

Code:

Location 65535 (Internal High Definition Audio Bus)
This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

Details:

Code:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2806&SUBSYS_80860101&.....

i tried googling Vendor 8086 & Device 2806 with no luck...

Help please...

Relevancy 98.04%

This is the second time this has happened.

My audio is not working. No output at all. My audio card is motherboard integrated. As said in the title, it is Realtek High Definition Audio (Speakers). Like I also said, this is the second time this has happened. Last time, I reinstalled my drivers and I was good to go. This time, however, I have reinstalled the drivers 3 times to no avail. When I plug in headphones and externals speakers, though, the audio works. Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks,
Lucas

A:Realtek High Definition Audio, No Sound

Hello an welcome Shreddie So if they were working what have you done since then? that is different, and where did you download the driver form?

The motherboard too my friend what is that?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/266707-realtek-high-definition-audio-no-sound.html
Relevancy 98.04%

I experience a problem with the sound on my laptop for several days and after numerous tries, it still doesn't work. On the task bar, I have a red cross on the volume icon. And with a right click on the volume icon, I don't have internal speakers anymore, just some useless MKM-S-Speaker (which doesn't work). Even if I plug some headset, no sound is coming out. I check on the BIOS and Audio is turned on, so it shouldn't be the problem.I tried also to reinstall the IDT High Definition driver but it couldn't end as it indicates that there is a problem.I also tried to restore windows in a previous time (10 days ago) but the problem remains. Actually, I don't really know what is the next step. Is my audio card?  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Windows-8-1-IDT-High-Definition-Audio-No-sound/td-p/5850822
Relevancy 98.04%

Hello,

I can't install the latest Realtek High Definition Audio Driver WDM_R236 on a Windows XP Pro Machine. The integrated soundcard is Realtek ALC880.
I also have an ATI video card and the ATI HDMI driver installed. Both devices say that they're working properly however there is no sound device under sounds and audio devices properties. There are two instances of Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the drivers several times and tried many solutions but nothing has worked. I currently don't have sound. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A:No Sound Realtek High Definition Audio

integrated soundcard did you go to the mother boards manufacturer site to get the drivers?
for the onboard audio Realtek ALC880.
if you downloaded the sound card drivers probably won't work..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-realtek-high-definition-audio.877627/
Relevancy 98.04%

So yesterday when I opened my pc I had no sound. I checked my playback devices and idt audio was not showing there at all even when my headset was connected to the pc. Checked the device manager in order to update my drivers but IDT High Definition Audio CODEC was not showing there either. Searched all over the internet to find a driver but I couldn't find one that supports Windows 10. I really don't know what else to do in order to fix this problem. I'm confused right now. Any help would be appreciated. OS: Windows 10 64-bit 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/No-sound-IDT-High-Definition-Audio-CODEC/td-p/5672123
Relevancy 97.18%

Dear all wasapi only works in the PC windows having playback devices like Speakers SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio quot and Speakers Realtek High Definition Audio it doesn t working Definition WASAPI "Speakers not Audio for Device Win7 High is works for the below playback devices quot Speakers - High Definition Audio Device and Speakers High Definition Audio Device For all the above cases it is giving following error D wasapi gt coreaudio wavfile playback exe --file quot D wasapi Anode wav quot Opening wav file quot D wasapi Anode wav quot Wave format in file is smaller than a WAVEFORMATEX will zero-pad the last bytes The default period for this device is hundred-nanoseconds or frames WASAPI is not working for Win7 "Speakers High Definition Audio Device IAudioClient Initialize failed hr x Thread returned failing HRESULT x We are looking forward for your support for the following How to make wasapi working for all playback devices of windows PC s Is it any installation and setup required in PC for this to work Is there any generic driver can be installed in Windows PC to support wasapi How to check wasapi compatible playback devices in windows can we change playback devices if not wasapi supported Thanks amp Regards Sadiq

A:WASAPI is not working for Win7 "Speakers High Definition Audio Device

The default Windows installed "HD Audio Codec" is only a basic function sound driver and does not offer all the features that regular (e.g. Realtek) drivers do.

The preferred sound driver for a PC is either the PC Vendor's sound driver or in the case of a custom built system, the motherboard vendor's drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/290874-wasapi-not-working-win7-speakers-high-definition-audio-device.html
Relevancy 97.18%

I have reinstalled Windows twice and there is still no sound coming out of my speakers I went to the HP Site and downloaded the latest Windows Vista Conexant High Definition Audio Drivers for my laptop model Even with the drivers loaded there is still no sound on my laptop There is sound when I put on my headphones and after I pull it out the Conexant High Definition Sound 7 RC Audio No 1 Windows speakers run for a second and then no sound again My Laptop model is Compaq Presario V V TN I've located the drivers for my laptop here Select software and drivers I've installed the Conexant Audio Drivers but it didn't work I tried to install the chipset driver but it wouldn't want to continue the installation because it doesn't recognize Windows UPDATE I finally got it to work What I did was I uninstalled the driver I got from HP and forced a Windows Update The update from Windows got the correct Conexant High Definition Audio for this laptop model

A:Conexant High Definition Audio Windows 7 RC 1 No Sound

Posting to say that the posted fix worked for me as well. My laptop is an HP Pavilion dv8320ca, and I am using Windows 7 32 bit.

The Conexant drivers that I used were "Conexant High Definition Audio Driver 4.8.0.0" found by doing a search online.

Thanks for posting your solution!

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/10471-conexant-high-definition-audio-windows-7-rc-1-no-sound.html
Relevancy 97.18%

I'll give you on No PC Driver) Sound Definition High Audio (Realtek guys the full story with as much information as possible to make this as easy as possible Yesterday i installed a game however when i went to play i got a message saying my 'Sound-Driver was No Sound on PC (Realtek High Definition Audio Driver) occupied by another application and i needed to close that application in order to play the game' Trying to figure out this problem i visit multiple websites and many people tell me to delete the sound drivers No Sound on PC (Realtek High Definition Audio Driver) from my PC and re-install them The only problem was i had no CD that came with my laptop so i had to find the drivers online I went to Acer com and put in my model number and found the right laptop I went to the Audio tab and driver options came up Not knowing which was the right one i downloaded installed them all Before we go any further ill give the spec's of my PC and what driver i deleted Manufacturer Acer Model Aspire V - System type bit operating system To delete my drivers i went to Start gt Right click on my computer gt Properties gt Device Manager gt Sound Video Game Controllers tab and then right clicked the driver and clicked remove The two Drivers that came up under the 'Sound Video Game Controllers' tab were - Intel R Display Audio - Realtek High definition Audio I deleted this one because this is my sound Once i deleted this Realtek Audio driver i lost sound instantly which was expected and proceeded to download the drivers from the Acer Website Here is the link to the website and the drivers i downloaded Acer Support Downloads amp Support Documents Once i downloaded all drivers i restart my PC and when it starts back up again in the bottom right of my task bar the device manager icon pops up and it tells me a new device is being installed I click it and a little window pops up and says the 'Audio Device on High definition Audio Bus' is being installed However after i wait a few minutes the install has failed and i click OK and nothing has changed I'm still left with no sound So i check the Sound Video and Game Controllers tab under device manager again and instead of 'Realtek High Definition Audio' being there 'Audio Device on High definition Audio Bus' is under that tab but has a yellow explanation mark on it Note it was not there before i deleted the Realtek driver it just appeared after i deleted the driver I continue to go on the internet to find a 'Audio Device on High definition Audio Bus' driver but i can't find anything Additional information - I also went to the realtek website Realtek and went to drivers and utilities and downloaded the bit window driver executable files but again once i install and re-start my PC the same thing happens as before It says the Audio Device and High definition Audio bus is being installed but then it fails again - I also just downloaded installed the newest chipset driver but that hasn't changed anything i really didn't think it would but it was worth a try - Also maybe i am just not installing the Drivers properly I download the drivers from Acer and extracted the file into a folder I click the setup button and the Realtek blue screen pops up and i click next next next etc and install and then it says 'would you like to restart your computer' at the end and then its finished This is pretty much the full story and i haven't left anything out as far as i can remember If i need to provide additional information just message me and i will provide it It would be great if i could get this fixed so i can try and figure out the other problem with my game Thank you in advance -Conwork

A:No Sound on PC (Realtek High Definition Audio Driver)

So today i downloaded Assassins Creed 1 and proceeded to install. The installation worked fine and when i click the Assassins Creed Icon on my desktop i get this message:

"Your Sound-Driver is currently used by an other application. Close any application using your Sound-Driver and try again... else you'll not be able to hear and sounds or musics."

I looked in Device manager under the 'Sound' tab and my sound drivers are working fine. I have sound and haven't even had a sound problem since i got this PC. I thought it might have been the download but i downloaded a bunch of different ones and i keep getting the same message. Any help would be amazing. Here are my specs:

Manufacturer: Acer
Model: Aspire V3-571
RAM: 6GB
System type: 64 bit

I don't see how re-installing my sound drivers would fix this problem because everything works fine... so instead of suggesting that lets try something else.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-sound-on-pc-realtek-high-definition-audio-driver-681732.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Hello everyone well for the past few days now I've been experiencing this issue of having no sound On the lower-right corner of the system tray there is a Speaker icon with a red circle with a white quot x quot on it So naturally I assumed that this must be due to the sound drivers corrupting So I went Playback No Sound Realtek or Devices + Definition Audio High to the manufacturer's website for my Notebook Which is an Acer Aspire Z running on Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack The drivers I downloaded were Realtek High Definition Audio after the files finished downloading I reinstalled them only to encounter yet another problem Which Realtek High Definition Audio + No Sound or Playback Devices was that they failed to install The specific error message that appeared was quot Install Realtek HD Audio Driver Failure quot So I tried to install it again this time through the Device Manager by updating the driver software This also did not work the error message for that was quot This operation returned because the timeout period expired quot I've also tried the System File Checker tool Microsoft Mr Fix-It tool the Check Disk utility editing specific Registry entries in the Registry Editor resetting the Services back to their defaults Absolutely nothing has been successful so far I've even attempted to reboot into Safe Mode and install the software Which surprisingly enough worked I rebooted my computer again for the changes to take effect just when I had thought that I finally solved this annoying dilemma restarting computer reverted those changes So it was as if I never installed the drivers to begin with So now I am at a loss as to what to do If anyone can offer any more alternative solutions Please let me know I'd greatly appreciate it I forgot add that I used a Live CD of a Linux distribution just to confirm that this wasn't a hardware issue And it wasn't the speakers were functioning normally while I running the Linux Live CD I should also note that I've checked the Windows Audio Service Which was stopped but when I started it again this error message appeared quot Windows could not start the Windows Audio Service on Local Computer Error x c x c quot I right-clicked on Windows Audio Service and selected Properties to verify that all its Dependencies were started which they are

A:Realtek High Definition Audio + No Sound or Playback Devices

Hello Zephanosuke & welcome to TSF

Did you try doing a System Restore to a point when the Audio was working alright?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/realtek-high-definition-audio-no-sound-or-playback-devices-674997.html
Relevancy 95.89%

I updated my Dell Inspiron 15R N5110 with Windows 10. Since then there has been several instances of my sound not working. Since the latest update, I've had to restore my system 5 times to get it to work again. It says I have the latest driver for my IDT high definition audio codec and that the device is working properly, but I get no sound and my audio players say there is a problem with my audio service. I would like to figure out why this happens as every time I have to restore my laptop, I have to update several programs as well which takes quite a bit of time.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19650339
Relevancy 95.89%

Please help my sound wuz and had been working great for a year now after the purchase bt then i decided to update it to r yesterday then after the first boot it ddnt Definition audio sound update latest r2.65 no after High Realtek work i have spent almost hours chcking da forums n googling and cannot find a solution to this Sony Vaio vpcea fg Windows home premium bit In device manager nothing is marked yellow or red i tried troubleshooting it says audo device disabled dunno where to enable it both my windows audio service Realtek High Definition audio no sound after latest update r2.65 n windows audio endpoint is running the sound icon is marked red with a cross n it says no speakers or headphones plugged in i hv uninstalled the high definition audio device then installed it back to the original driver from sonys site still not working Tried sfc scannow fix some corrupt files but still not audio i read sumwhere that they fixed theirs after Realtek High Definition audio no sound after latest update r2.65 they enabled it in bios but mine is a sony vaio my bios is so basic i dont have that option unfortunately already updated my bios from sony's site i dunno what else to do please help i know theres nothing wrong with my hardware Realtek High Definition audio no sound after latest update r2.65 or speakers c z it all happend after the first boot rm the update r

A:Realtek High Definition audio no sound after latest update r2.65

Re install with your AV & Firewall disabled. Ensure to unblock first then run as administrator.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/188327-realtek-high-definition-audio-no-sound-after-latest-update-r2-65-a.html
Relevancy 95.03%

I reimaged my Advent K4000 Laptop with xp as it was not running so well with vista little bit sluggish and the only issue I am having is that I cannot reinstall the drivers for the
Sound Card
Realtek ALC883 High Definition Audio

Every time I do is errors can you either give me some advice or point me to the download
I have
Click on My Computer, select Properties, Hardware, Device Manager. Locate "Sound, video and game controllers" and click on the "+".and i see a yellow "?" on "hd audio bus "? and have , clicked on "Update driver". and this does nothing!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sound-card-realtek-alc883-high-definition-audio.830607/
Relevancy 95.03%

Hello.
When i try to run Insane 2 (in2ane) and Lord of the rings War in the north on my Windows 7 Ultimate x64 I hear no sound from the mentioned sound codec.If I try to run GTA 4 or any other game it works very fine.So...Is there a fix for this?Can someone help me?

A:Sound problems using VIA VT1708S 8-channel High-Definition Audio Codec

Since this is primarily an issue with Games, the Gaming section may be a better place to start with this. The sound apparently works properly for other applications.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/202746-sound-problems-using-via-vt1708s-8-channel-high-definition-audio-codec.html
Relevancy 95.03%

hi i had windows Xp Sp for several years and yesterday i have upgraded to Win everything went fine except for the sound i have K A cf-f MSI main-board with on board realtek high definition audio card i saw the name on device manager it was below of AMD high definition audio device after installation of card no ,Win7-ultimate audio x86,realtek sound high definition Win when i playing the music the green sound bar is going up and down but no voice coming out here are the work i had down till now reading several forums before post checking the plugins i have switched my speaker to all possible port and its now on green one nothing installing the last compatible audio driver for win from realtek nothing installing the last audio driver from Msi site nothing troubleshooting form win and nothing found try another speaker no sound disable front panel jack detection no sound ,Win7-ultimate x86,realtek high definition audio card from realtec control panel i had check my speaker it is the default one thank u in advance

A:no sound ,Win7-ultimate x86,realtek high definition audio card

Assuming you have a Win 7 (or Vista) RealTek driver installed.

Go to the Device Manager, RIGHT click on the RealTek entry and then LEFT click "uninstall". DO NOT check the box to also uninstall the drivers. Restart the PC and when Windows starts it will detect and reinstall the sound. If there were some type of corruption between RealTek and Windows this will fix it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/276695-no-sound-win7-ultimate-x86-realtek-high-definition-audio-card.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hello,

I got a BSOD about a week ago, and finally finished reinstalling Windows XP, SP2, all my games, updating the system and my MoBo boot disk. After all this, I am getting a yellow exclamation point on "Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus". I have downloaded all the driver updates, according to what Microsoft and a few other tech sites have suggested would fix it. But, regardless, it still has that !. I am getting sound through my headset, but nothing through my speakers.

I'm pretty sure I just have an on-board soundcard. Here are my specs-
Motherboard- S-Series Support AMD Socket AM2 M61P-S3 from Gigabyte Tech
Chipset- AMD Athlon 64 FX-62 Dual Core
VidCard- NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
RAM-Not sure exact brand and all, pretty sure it 2GB of Corsair with Heat Sink.

Hope that about covers it!

Relevancy 90.3%

Hello. I just recently updated my Lenovo Y530 Ideapad to Windows 7 Ultimate x64 from Windows Vista Home Premium x64. After I updated my laptop, I went to adjust the sound and I noticed that I had 3 sound devices that all said Speakers. I then went to the Device Manager and saw that under the Sound,video, and game controllers tab that one of the sound drivers said "High Definition Audio Device". Before upgrading to Windows 7, the driver said it was a Realtek driver. I have tried to get back the Realtek driver, however, when it finishes installing I end up with no sound. Is there anyway I can get back my Realtek drivers?

A:Realtek Driver replaced with "High Definition Audio Device"

Download the latest Realtek driver.
Realtek

Or, you can get the Lenovo older driver, which may be more compatible with your hardware.
http://download.lenovo.com/UserFiles...N2AUD09WW6.exe

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/236337-realtek-driver-replaced-high-definition-audio-device.html
Relevancy 88.15%
A:ต้องหารโหลด device on high definition audio bus

More details needed. Are you getting an error message? Do you need help with audio drivers?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/device-on-high-definition-audio-bus-533068.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi,

I am running XP SP 2 on Intel Motherboard DH55TC, Core i5 CPU. UAA High Definition Audio class driver is resulting in high hardware interrupts that uses upto 10 to 12% of CPU. The interrupts goes away if I uninstall UAA Bus driver through Device Manager. But this also disables RealTek audio driver which means I hear sound no more.

I tried updating the UAA driver to Version 1.0a but still the hardware interrupts wont go away. Please help how to fix this issue.

A:Microsoft UAA bus driver for High Definition Audio is causing high hardware interrupt

Download the Realtek drivers here Realtek drivers, you want the third one down, Windows 2000, Windows XP/2003(32/64 bits) Driver only (Executable file)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-uaa-bus-driver-for-high-definition-audio-is-causing-high-hardware-interrupt.152928/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello my name is steven and I would like to begin by saying that and Audio Solved: audio IDT RAM limit code 10 high definition codec I am an amateur Solved: RAM limit and Audio IDT high definition audio codec code 10 when it comes to working with computers I wanted to free up space to operate my computer faster and hopefully stop lagging while playing games or just browsing for that matter and it seems the only certain amount of RAM to add to increase my speed is the lowest that is sold kingston technology which is a GB card Unfortunately being the amateur I am I was stumped here http www kingston com us memory system specific server where they ask for my manufacturer product line and model I plugged in all the numbers I could think of that might work for each but nothing matched when it came to the model and I personally have no clue what my product line is so as I said I Solved: RAM limit and Audio IDT high definition audio codec code 10 was just guessing I have all the information about my computer from what I believe to be the complete transcript of it and I just need to be able to answer the questions on kingston technologie s website so I can get my recommended RAM card that will hopefully be compatible with my computer Nothing about product line is stated and the manufacturer of the cpu is unclear and so I would like help identifying the answers to the three questions posed on kingston technologies website IDT High definition audio codec code The title explains it all I went into device manager and the only thing with an on it was the IDT high definition audio codec and quot PCI simple communications controller quot beside it under the same category The IDT high definition audio codec is filed under quot sound cards quot in my computer s information software so I presume it is the ultimate cause of my problem where no sound is being played through any speaker or headset I have tried It also displays code quot this device cannot start quot beside it when I look at it s properties in the device manager and I tried updating the driver but the latest version was already installed If I could recieve help on this problem that would be much appreciated thank you for reading nbsp

A:Solved: RAM limit and Audio IDT high definition audio codec code 10

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1022 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 238409 MB, Free - 192384 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0FJ030
Antivirus: McAfee VirusScan, Updated: No, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled

These are my computer stats using the techguy's software to identify my information

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ram-limit-and-audio-idt-high-definition-audio-codec-code-10.1053546/
Relevancy 82.99%

I think my question is this how do I set up VSX- a Pioneer AVR in Control Panel Sound and Hardware Sound so that its driver is Realtek HD Audio and not the Intel Display Audio one In Device Manager under Sound Video and game controllers I have two sound card drivers Realtek High Definition and Intel Display Audio I don't understand Audio Realtek Definition and High Intel Display Audio how Realtek High Definition Audio drivers work in relation to the Intel Display Audio drivers If I go to Control Panel Hardware and Sound Sound then Playback there are four options as you can see from the picture below I'm guessing that if I choose Realtek High Definition Audio and Intel Display Audio the receiver as my default device that I'm using the Intel Display Audio drivers and any of the other three options that I'm using the Realtek drivers Is this correct If the receiver is the default device everything works fine I Realtek High Definition Audio and Intel Display Audio get sound from sites like cnn com and I can listen to internet radio etc However if Speakers are the default device I don't get sound Is this normal If so what's the reason for having Realtek If it isn't normal will I notice a difference if I use the Realtek drivers If I would see hear a difference how do I get them to work

A:Realtek High Definition Audio and Intel Display Audio

The RealTek is for the regular PC sound. The Intel Display Audio is for HDMI sound. If an HDMI cable is plugged in Windows will automatically default to the HDMI as the "default playback device". If you have an HDMI cable plugged in and want the PC sound you must manually change the playback device. If you want both HDMI and PC audio, you can't have that as Windows will only allow one default audio playback device.

Does this answer the question?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/351115-realtek-high-definition-audio-intel-display-audio.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi Friends.
Which audio driver is suitable for 82801 G (ICH Family) High definition audio Multi media?

I have installed realtek audio driver. Its in C: drive program files. But not showing in

My computer -> properties -> hardware -> device manager -> sound, video and game controllers.
ain't getting system default sounds too.

How can i install Realtek audio driver software under sound, video and game controllers?
Or is there any other suitable driver? and How can i install it?
Please help ...
P.S - PC Configuration : Core 2 Duo processor, 512 MB DDR2 RAM, 160 GB HDD.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-driver-for-82801-g-ich-family-high-definition-audio.581807/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi,

I have several computers of differents (HP, Toshiba, etc) and It happens the same problem. The audio device has an exclamation mark in Device Manager.

I think this problem is caused by some update windows. My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 32bits .

Does anyone know what Windows Update should be uninstalled ?

Thank You.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/392123-problem-high-definition-audio-realtek-hd-audio-code.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Control Panel states AMD high definition device not plugged in, although speaker icon on taskbar shows sound is on.What do I plug in and where?  Thanks.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:AMD high definition device not plugged in

Thank you for the additional information. What is the make / model of the monitor with the speakers?  You may want to reinstall the original driver for the sound device.  It may be a glich that occurred when it was being moved. I suggest contacting the person who had the computer to see what they may have done that could cause the problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/AMD-high-definition-device-not-plugged-in/td-p/5537804
Relevancy 82.13%

Model: HP ENVY TouchSmart 23-d000elProcessor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30GHz      3.30GHzInstalled memory (RAM): 4.00 GB (3,87 GB usable)System type: 64-bit Operating SystemPen and Touch: touch support with 10 touch pointsWindows 10 Home After formatting i've been surfing the internet,when i noticed the audio wasn't working;i've already tried to fix the problem: i've tried to install the drivers but it says: "The device driver has been detected , but it was an error during installation." and "A device connected to the system is not in operation." I don't know what to do,can someone help me?(I want to clarify that I am Italian and therefore not everything is perfect.  ^^ )

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Problema-Windows-10-gt-Audio-IDT-High-Definition-Audio-CODEC/td-p/5652996
Relevancy 82.13%

Everytime my CPU is forced to do a task like switching wifi connections, openning applications and stuff my audio gets distorted i have no idea why because ive been using my laptop for almost 2 years now and ive been having this problema for about a month now, here is what ive already done:

-Completely restore my computer to its original state
-Uninstall and reinstall audio codec

I dont know what to do now to be honest i would really appreciate your help, i know this probem can be solved.

Thank you so much for your time.

About my laptop:

HP Pavillion dv4-4068la
Windows 7 Home Premium
IDT High Definition Audio Codec

A:Distorted audio with IDT High Definition audio codec

Hello chalotn where did yo download the driver for the audio from? If it was through the Device Manager I am not real keen on that method preferring the sound device or machine manufacturer's site/s.

Try this Software & Driver Downloads HP Pavilion dv4-4068la Entertainment Notebook PC | HP? Support < open up the the top ref

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/281608-distorted-audio-idt-high-definition-audio-codec.html
Relevancy 82.13%

After restarting my pc from using CCleaner to get rid of BSOD that was being caused by what was left of the NCH software my audio stopped working I decided to use the backup reg that was made and BSOD came back but no audio I have contacted my manufacturer but they wouldn t help with out a cost I have tried uninstalling the IDT HDA driver and rebooting the system but it I still have no IDT Audio: Definition High Audio Issue CODEC With audio Also none of my playback devices are showing which are onboard so I can t unplug and reconnect Is there a way to fix this Or will I have to pay Issue With Audio: IDT High Definition Audio CODEC for service Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard AE Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled nbsp

A:Issue With Audio: IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

I was able to fix a similar issue by updating drivers for IDT High Definition CODEC through the Device Manage in Windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issue-with-audio-idt-high-definition-audio-codec.1139527/
Relevancy 82.13%

Sound was ok but stopped working at one instant. PC was upgrade to WIN10 just before the free deadline. Was all good for some time but now I cant get it to work. From feedback that I've seen I have to provide the HARDWARE IDS values as this will help the source of the problem.The following is the value from the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC, properties: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76E0&SUBSYS_103C1893&REV_1001HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76E0&SUBSYS_103C1893 Any help PLEASE. THANKS

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/IDT-High-Definition-Audio-CODEC-WINDOWS10-no-more-audio/td-p/5783972
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello,

I was wondering if there was any such program from IDT for High Definition Audio for my computer. The program I am trying to find allows you to adjust (referred to as an equalizer) the sound, for example like the one built-into Windows Media Player, as well as enhance the overall sound (by giving more control over microphones such as boost, etc). On my desktop, there is a similar program called Intel Audio Studio if that helps to describe the program more sufficiently.

My computer is the HP Mini 1000 and it is currently running Windows XP Home. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/idt-high-definition-audio.792287/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello Everyone My girlfriend bought me a new computer as the last one decided to die on me I have had this audio High Definition VIA new one now for around VIA High Definition audio a month its not a VIA High Definition audio massively high tech machine with really sophisticated graphics cards an stuff but its doe s the trick for keeping me in touch with the outiside world tho I do have a problem with I think is the sound card driver I am not a total computer boffin who knows alot of deep in theory stuff about computers but I would like to think I know my fair share anyway the problem is that I get quite alot of crackling noises from my speakers everytime I play my music via my windows media player so naturally I did alittle research on the net when I came across a site that had the option to download AUDIGY SOUND CARD DRIVERS which solves crackling sound problems downloading from the mirror option was great but when I tried to open it via a burning programme called gt gt ImgBurn well ImgBurn just kept prompting me that the file was an gt gt invalid or unsupported image file format the iso being gt gt SBAXWXCD even when I downloaded the ImgBurn programme well with the actual download there was a step by step picture text tutorial of how to load up the iso file properly so I knew that I did everything the right way but after a few attempts I just gave up hence gt gt invalid or unsupported image file format then I came across this site and found the option to download gt gt VIA HD Audio driver package v b so I went to my system properties in control panel via device manager and checked out the version of the driver that I had and its a VIA High Definition Audio so that is slightly below v b but of course that may be from its last update from whatever version it was beforehand but then I also noticed that in the gt gt sound video game controllers list that the driver usage window is blank in audio codecs legacy audio drivers legacy video capture devices media controll devices and video codecs is that normal only the driver usage window is enabled in VIA High Definition Audio Properties anyway I have before today opened up a computer cabinet so I am not entirely reluctant about dong something like that although because I am totally in the dark about what may be causing the crackling sounds I don t want to start faffing around with delving into the cabinet of the computer where all the slots are oh this is my motherboard gt gt M N T-M V Motherboard purrs like a kitten tho I am slightly getting worried now only I know that it can be sorted out somehow only I need some help and I would be greatly appreciated for any feedback on this topic thank you so much in advance p s to the owners of this forum I apologise if I have posted this in the wrong forum nbsp

A:VIA High Definition audio

Okay,
what version of Windows are you running? Are there any yellow exclamation points in the device manager?

"legacy audio drivers' .. 'legacy video capture devices' .. 'media controll devices' and 'video codecs' .. is that normal?"... YES

Be sure to run Windows Update until there are no more updates found

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/via-high-definition-audio.164340/
Relevancy 80.84%

I am trying to determine what is the best High Definition Audio drivers for Windows XP Pro SP3, my systems are all SigmaTel STAC 9205 CODECS. I have installed ASIO4ALL.DLL for the High Definition Audio sound in Windows XP Pro SP3, when using Foobar and Winamp media players. Therefore ASIO4ALL.DLL only supplies High Definition Audio for Windows XP Pro SP3 when these media players are being used. What I am searching for is a High Definition Audio DLL for Windows XP Pro SP3 that will provide High Level Sounds for any sound source played through the system.

Thanks,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/high-definition-audio-for-windows-xp-pro-sp3.749662/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi, my laptop is NEC Versa M350 on Win 7, but I have no sound.

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266E&SUBSYS_C00B1631&REV_04
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266E&SUBSYS_C00B1631
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266E&CC_040100
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266E&CC_0401

Any ideas to solve this problem?