Windows Support Forum

volume Mix/sound Icon not showing.

Q: volume Mix/sound Icon not showing.

Well, the Volume mix/ Sound icon in bottom right hand corner in the task bar, won't turn on! It is grayed out when I try to turn it on in notifications, I wish to be able to use this icon, but frankly, I can't. Please help me, I'm not that tech-y as most of you, I think you guys will show me a way to do this. I will explain furthermore if needed.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: volume Mix/sound Icon not showing.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: volume Mix/sound Icon not showing.

Welcome Riddlemaster,
See if this tutorial can help you out, It's pretty simple and self explanatory.
Notification Area Icons - Reset[2]=Taskbar Start Menu

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/58505-volume-mix-sound-icon-not-showing.html
Relevancy 74.39%

and when I click on place icon on desktop I have the message saying the volume control program has not been installed. I've tried to find the file sndvol32.exe but it doesn't seem to be nowhere. I don't possess any restore disk.

Thanks for help

Relevancy 74.39%

I have reset explorer.exe and it pops back, but when I restart my laptop it does not show up again.

I have even gone into the registry and followed the instructions from this video on Youtube and it's still the same.

Fix Volume Icon Missing from Taskbar Problem in Windows 8/7/Vista - YouTube

Any ideas?

Thanks

A:No volume icon showing in taskbar

According to the Dell downloads for the 15R SE, this has Conexant audio. Suggest you download and install the driver from Dell, as the first step.

Product Support | Dell US

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/55724-no-volume-icon-showing-taskbar.html
Relevancy 68.8%

WinXP: Somehow I have lost my sound icon in the taskbar. I use it to regulate sound volume. How can I get it back? Thanks.

A:volume/sound icon

Line 20 left side

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/volume-sound-icon.611794/
Relevancy 68.8%

The sound icon is missing from the taskbar....how do you get it back?

A:Sound Volume Icon

Are your sound drivers properly installed. you can go to the properties of file explorer, then device manager to sure you have no red X's due to unknown hardware.

Do you have a default device set to audio out?

If you get sound, then go to Settings, System, notifications & Actions then click on Turn system icons on or off. If volume is off, turn it on.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/13944-sound-volume-icon.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi there my computer has been working fine until it was infected with a trojan and i do a system format to it Well virus is gone etc and was very happy about it But one day when i try to listen to some music the pc speakers just do not have any sound After several attempts in finding out what is the problem which i did not I have decided to just jack in its plug cable to the earphone slot There sure is sound coming out then Still the problem still persists when comes to streaming of videos online There is video visual but simply no audio Its like watching a mime show I have been tolerating it for about months but simply could not held it any longer The audio in my com is realtek hd audio manager Please do No Icon And Sound! Volume help me solve this problem Another problem i have is that i cannot place my volume tray icon No Volume Icon And Sound! at the taskbar Couldn t even checked the box as all was blocked how

A:No Volume Icon And Sound!

Set windows to show hidden files,How to see hidden files in Windows Then navigate to:C:\ Windows \ System32 \ dllcacheLocate sndvol32.exeRight click it, and select Copy.Navigate to C:\ Windows \ System32 In an open area, right click and select PasteIf Windows says the file already exists, do you want to replace it, select YesReboot

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/100626/no-volume-icon-and-sound/
Relevancy 67.94%

well i got a bunch of viruses on my computer so i fixed it the easy way by formating the hd then reinstalling the operating system. after that my sound wasnt working adn there was no volume icon on the taskbar. any advise would b helpful

Relevancy 67.94%

Hello all have a big problem - the volume icon in the taskbar has disappeared suddenly Have been trying to get it back all day - very frustrating However im still getting sound through my speakers via itunes and dvd player so thats ok Streaming audio is not working though youtube etc Nothing Streaming in Quicktime DOES work strangely enough Also the sounds XP makes i e startup jingle game sounds are not working Right ive tried many things before i came here the obvious ones - control panel tick box etc sound or no in volume xp icon windows i have done Have googled loads but to no avail no sound or volume icon in windows xp Have tried downloading and replacing a file in system folder the vol icon thingy no luck I was thinking maybe delete sound cards then reinstall when re-booting only i dont have the driver disk so am scared i wont be able to replace them or they wont reinstall without it I think the sound disappeared when i downloaded a plug in to watch a video online Maybe there was a virus that has corrupted my sound card device manager says everythings working normally though thats all i can think of that happened -seems like no sound or volume icon in windows xp its fairly common problem I am running XP pro my laptop is a Compaq Armada M I think my sound card is ESS Maestro E PCI Audio Drive there are other audio devices listed - video codecs etc Not sure theres anything else you need to know some help on this matter would be very much appreciated thanks nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

Hello,

I am running Windows Vista on my HP laptop. My sound volume icon has disappeard from my row of icons on the bottom right of my screen. The icon is not among the hidden icons. I must have clicked on something by mistake and the icon was removed. Is there any way to get it back?

Thanks.

A:Sound volume icon has disappeard

For Windows 7 open Control Panel, select Notification Area Icons & then look for the Volume Icon & then set it to Show Icon & Notifications. I think Vista is the same.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/392921-sound-volume-icon-has-disappeard.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello,

I am running Windows Vista on my HP laptop. My sound volume icon has disappeard from my row of icons on the bottom right of my screen. The icon is not among the hidden icons. I must have clicked on something by mistake and the icon was removed. Is there any way to get it back?

Thanks.

A:Sound volume icon has disappeard

For Windows 7 open Control Panel, select Notification Area Icons & then look for the Volume Icon & then set it to Show Icon & Notifications. I think Vista is the same.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/392921-sound-volume-icon-has-disappeard.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Help someone please!!!

I have lost the volume icon on the task bar. When I go to Multimedia and Sounds in Control panel, it says that I dont have any sound driver. When I go to Start, Accessories, Entertainment and Volume. When I click on volume it does nothing. I have tried to restore back to when I know I had sound and it still does not bring it back. I am running windows ME. What can I do?

Thanks

Shari

A:No sound and volume icon has disappeared

Sounds like your soundcard driverh has been corrupted or is missing altogether.

look in device manager are there any devices that show a yellow question mark or yellow triangle next tot hem? if there is then you need to reinstall the drivers for your sound.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-and-volume-icon-has-disappeared.42023/
Relevancy 67.51%

The Volume Mixer in Windows is supposed to show applications that are running sound right Well mine shows some applications like Firefox and Guild Wars and Mozilla Thunderbird and KMPlayer But it doesn't show volume for other applications that use sound like Winamp and ePSXe playstation emulator I'm playing Final Fantasy VIII on ePSXe and the game doesn't have a volume control itself for say music and or sound effects And I'd not showing Windows Mixer all sound 7 Volume applications like to be able to turn down the sound on the emulator game so that the game volume doesn't intermingle with my music in the background played by Winamp Is there a way I can add these applications to the Volume Mixer Or alternatively is there a freeware opensource program that will allow me to adjust the volume of individual programs I am new here so hopefully I have done everything right I was going to try to list my system specs here in this thread but I followed the link at the top of this Post New Thread page and filled out my System Specs according to the walkthrough

A:Windows 7 Volume Mixer not showing all sound applications

Can nobody help me with this? I see over 300 Views but nobody has said anything. =(

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/262946-windows-7-volume-mixer-not-showing-all-sound-applications.html
Relevancy 67.51%

hi, i have a toshiba satellite L655 that runs on windows 7. i'm having a problem with the volume icon on my taskbar.. it's not there. It was there yesterday, but when i logged on today it wasnt on the taskbar as it should be. The volume on the computer works perfectly normal. i can turn the volume up and down with the volume buttons or simply going through the control panel. i've tried to look and see if i could solve the problem myself, but i have been unsuccessful. I dont understand why it just "vanished" from the taskbar. if anyone knows how to help, let me know! i would appreciate any type of help! thank youu

A:Sound is fine, but no volume icon on taskbar?!?!?!

try this

Right click in the task bar where the icons are normally displayed
pop up menu
properties.
Under system icons
always show
check volume.
Click Apply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sound-is-fine-but-no-volume-icon-on-taskbar-673106.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi All

I have been on this form before the members on here have solved every issue I have had in the past. Hoping someone can help me out with my latest "issue".

I came home today to find my computer has no sound. I also have no volume icon in the task bar. When I right click on the task bar to make the volume control visible - there is no option to do so.

When I go to the volume control option under All Programs - Accessories - Entertainment, I get the following message:

"There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices go to Control Panel, click printers & Other Hardware and then click Add Hardware. When I do that it seems as thought it wants me to install the "Multimedia Audio Controller" but the install always fails.

Help!! I am out of options.

Thank you very much!!!
Dan

A:No Sound/No Volume Icon/No Playback Devices

Please create a topic in respective operating system forum

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum76.html

good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/469924/no-soundno-volume-iconno-playback-devices/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi All

I have been on this form before the members on here have solved every issue I have had in the past. Hoping someone can help me out with my latest "issue".

I came home today to find my computer has no sound. I also have no volume icon in the task bar. When I right click on the task bar to make the volume control visible - there is no option to do so.

When I go to the volume control option under All Programs - Accessories - Entertainment, I get the following message:

"There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices go to Control Panel, click printers & Other Hardware and then click Add Hardware. When I do that it seems as thought it wants me to install the "Multimedia Audio Controller" but the install always fails.

Help!! I am out of options.

Thank you very much!!!
Dan

A:No Sound/No Volume Icon/No Playback Devices

Please post the computer model on your next post. Did it worked prior and did it just happen suddenly? Please check your device manager for any marks on your sound controller.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/469926/no-soundno-volume-iconno-playback-devices/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello to all I hope that someone can help me out with the sound problems that I am having on problems missing volume icon and Sound my computer I ve tried searching the site but nothing came up which pertained specifically to my problem Recently after my computer boots up I get the following message SB AWE MIDI Synth Cannot load default synthesizer bank Sound problems and missing volume icon Read error in C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYNTHGM SBK Along with that the little speaker icon in the system tray is missing This just started happening a couple of Sound problems and missing volume icon days ago after my son was viewing a video clip on one of the sites he goes too He said that when he went to turn the volume down the speaker icon disappeared I ve gotten the above message before on rare occasion and I ve never had problems with the sound But this time around the sound is acting a little funny Sometimes it sounds fine sometimes it sounds distorted and full of static Sometimes the above mentioned message appears when I start up and sometimes it doesn t But regardless my volume icon is still missing I would appreciate it so much if someone could help me work this problem out Many thanks in advance Also I am running Windows SE nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

Hey all I'm running Windows Vista -bit on an hp Pavillion a n and volume X No driver sound, problem?? red on icon, recently my computer has completely lost sound and any help would be greatly appreciated in finding a solution So I'll start from the beginning in case it helps I got some new sick speakers the other day so I played them and they worked fine Next day they're not working So I do a lot of toying with the sound and playback devices options Later I found out that the problem with the speakers was just a power problem and had nothing to do with the computer or them malfunctioning In the No sound, red X on volume icon, driver problem?? process of quot fixing quot the speakers however I have destroyed the sound in my computer I messed with the playback devices options configuration but the actual sound only cut after I installed a new driver I found online in another attempt to fix my perfectly fine speakers So after I logged on with the driver I had installed I found a red circle with an X on the volume icon in the tray when I scroll over the icon it says Volume Speakers High Definition Audio Device and when I go to the volume mixer to ensure it is not a simple mute problem it says No Audio Device is Installed even though I have my new speakers installed The other sites I've read about the same problem suggest that I right click on the volume icon click on playback devices select my speakers and click Set Default However when I attempt this in the playback devices menu the Set Default button is grayed out In another attempt to solve the problem I installed several different drivers onto my computer none of which restored my sound I'm pretty handy with computers and every problem I've had before this one I was able to solve on my own I would not be wasting your time with this message if I hadn't tried everything I could think of Once again any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated and if you need any more details about anything just ask me I'm eager to get my sound back and see these speakers at work again Thanks in advance

A:No sound, red X on volume icon, driver problem??

Oh and some information about the Realtek driver

Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Date: 6/21/2006
Driver Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Digital Signer: microsoft

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-sound-red-x-on-volume-icon-driver-problem-362088.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Very helpful threads from others on the same problem I recently encountered, to date. I picked up some useful leads on restoring or re-doing the icon in the sys tray; but is there anyone that knows of way to restore it without the need or having to have the CD rom to do it?

I don't remember if I unticked or unloaded one of the components in that check list among the add/remove programs, but each and every time I go to tick the box under the properties of putting it or showing it up in the notification area it bams me with the message that the volume icon needs to be added to add/remove programs in control panel (oh yeah, but which one and how can I be directed more specifically because as I go there, there's no from that checkpoint, where to go next (?)) Thanks.

Relevancy 66.65%

I have a Dell laptop with Vista and have recently lost the volume icon from the lower task bar (lower right corner).

I have gone to the "Sound" application on my control panel and have seen nothing that may help.

A:lost volume icon on lower tool bar and can not get sound

hi and welcome you could try this http://www.online-tech-tips.com/comp...ndows-taskbar/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lost-volume-icon-on-lower-tool-bar-and-can-not-get-sound-361226.html
Relevancy 66.65%

i looked at archived forums and tried to follow these instructions:
1. right click start orb and choose properties
2.go to notification area and tick Volume icon in System Icons
problem-volume box is shaded in and i can't tick the box, so i lokked at another answer and found another step:
3. go to taskbar and untick Lock the Taskbar then repeat step #2
problem- the volume icon is still shaded in and i can't click on it

any help would be aprecciated, thanks!

A:can't get volume icon back in sound tray even after following instruction

Hi stresseduser and welcome to Vista Forums

Have you checked out this Tutorial?

Notification Area - System Icons

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/280381-cant-get-volume-icon-back-sound-tray-even-after-following-instruction.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Windows XP Home SP2.
Pretty often clicking on my sound icon (Which IS present in the system tray), does not open the volume control slider. When this happens I go to Control Panel but Sound controls won't open from that location either. There's no way to control the volume and must reboot to get it back (temporarily, because it keeps happening).

Do I possibly need driver updates? If so, which one of these is my sound card?
SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device

Or is it an XP problem.

Relevancy 66.65%

I have windows vista home premium 64 bit and have lost the volume icon in the system icon tray. I have tried the notification Area - Sytem Icons tutorial, method 4. In step 4 I click HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
All I have in the right hand pane is: (Default) REG_SZ value not set. Can comeone help me out. Thanks

A:can't get volume icon back in sound tray even after following instruction

Hello, and welcome to the Vista Forums!

Try this (large chunks copied from the Tutorial - thanks Brink! Notification Area - System Icons)
Navigate to that registry keyIn the right pane of Explorer, right click on a empty area and click on New and DWORD (32-bit) Value.Type HideSCAVolume and press EnterIn the right pane, right click on the one you just typed to disable and click on Modify.Type 0 and click on OK. (See screenshots in tutorial if necessary)Restart your computer.Test and report back.Thanks!

Richard

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/283282-cant-get-volume-icon-back-sound-tray-even-after-following-instruction.html
Relevancy 65.79%

how do i get my volume icon back on my desk top? without my volume button i have no sounds! please help me!

A:how do i get my volume button icon back on my desk top????????, i cant listen sound

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-get-my-volume-button-icon-back-on-my-desk-top-i-cant-listen-sound.493764/
Relevancy 64.5%

i have a dell inspiron 14z 5423 laptop which supports IDT high defination audio driver . . . when i try to insltal it from the site
the box says that " the hardware detected is not supported by this IDT .software package . . the install will be aborted . . .but in the dell site it shows that my laptop and its specs support this sound driver but am i supposed to do ???
thanks in advance fr ua help

A:my sound icon is showing no audio output device is instld

I would contact Dell about this issue.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/56032-my-sound-icon-showing-no-audio-output-device-instld.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I am quoting from the post I wrote on Norton Community support quot I borrowed my friends USB memory to give him some videos about our project Well I was careless and opened the usb drive immediately and there were some kind of virus in it I usually check external drives for the virus looking like files with WinRAR as I use it for the first time When Norton detected the virus .mp4 USB sound icon, without virus: control Missing traveller video/with videos volume it was too late I guess I ve got cleared from the viruses I made a Full Scan But their affects remained I can t make the volume control icon appear USB traveller virus: Missing volume control icon, .mp4 videos without video/with sound on the taskbar I used to miss it sometimes but just deactivating and activating the icon used to fix that issue Now it has completely vanished I can t even control volume from my keyboard shortcuts which I could before Also I mp based video files are missing their videos although I can hear the sound of them I checked and found out that avi files are OK I don t know if other formats USB traveller virus: Missing volume control icon, .mp4 videos without video/with sound of videos lack video sound though I don t have any System Restore saving point after the infection occured I tried XP Recovery without formatting my HDD I don t have enough space to backup my files to my external drives So my only option is to make a proper recovery somehow quot Additionally I used ComboFix and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware ComboFix fixed a problem I had after the infection I couldn t make protected system files invisible And Malwarebytes Anti-Malware which I used USB traveller virus: Missing volume control icon, .mp4 videos without video/with sound according to the instructions on http www bleepingcomputer com virus-remo irtumonde first found Malwares But still I don t have a solution for the problems I have mentioned above I upload ComboFix and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware logs too Malwarebytes Anti-Malware log is not in English but you may probably find out what means what from the order

A:USB traveller virus: Missing volume control icon, .mp4 videos without video/with sound

Try downloading the Free version of AVG and Spybot Search and Destroy. Both are very good. As far as recovering your files I'd recommend Recuva. It is also free and very handy.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/277609/usb-traveller-virus-missing-volume-control-icon-mp4-videos-without-videowith-sound/
Relevancy 59.34%

I can't see the volume adjust button on the bottom of the screen (laptop). I check the system on/off for Time, volume, network, etc... and the volume one is dim (can't change from off to on). What I need to do to turn the volume on so I can adjust the sound.

Thanks,

A:Can't display Sound "Volume" icon?

Quote: Originally Posted by subhadip

Make sure whether you have sound drivers installed or not.

The sound come out the speaker without any problem and I can adjust with fn-f11 or fn-f12. The problem is the volume icon can't display on the task bar.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/152373-cant-display-sound-volume-icon.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have an HP f2105 21" monitor running on Windows 7 x64. Recently the Volume Icon keeps appearing on my screen, and automatically increases the volume to 100%. I have not made any significant changes in my operating system. The Icon stands in front of all other screens and cannot be dismissed. It quits when it's ready after a few seconds. It pops up every 3-4 minutes or so. My drivers are up to date. I've tried disconnecting the monitor and reconnecting it. Turning it off and on, etc. So far nothing has helped.

A:Volume Icon keeps appearing on screen and increases volume a...

Hello melb1946Does your keyboard have volume buttons? I know in my experiences I have sometimes run into similar scenarios. In my case the problem was accidentally hitting the volume button on my keyboard. How is your sound setup in Windows 7? Is your monitor set as the default sound device? Do other sound devices increase their volumes?Probably one of the best ways to isolate the problem would be to put the monitor on another computer and see if the sound continues to appear and go up.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Volume-Icon-keeps-appearing-on-screen-and-increases-volume/td-p/1976941
Relevancy 58.48%

I just got a new ac11 sound bar.
It is impossible to adjust sound volume using its volume knob.
But I am able to adjust sound volume with the windows volume control widget.
My OS is windows 7 .

I tried my ac511 on another laptop, the volume knob works well.So I guess the hardware is all right.
Could anyone help me with this?
Thanks very much!

A:AC511 SOUND BAR,could not adjust sound volume with volume knob

Based on your tests, the AC511 hardware is ok.* Turn the comptuer and monitor off* Mount the AC511 to the monitor slots after removing the plastic strips* Plug the AC511 USB cable + USB extension cable directly into the Windows 7 computer USB port* Turn the monitor on, then the computer* Re-test

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19680952
Relevancy 57.62%

Yesterday I had my volume control.  Today it is gone. I didn't do anything, no updates, no cleaners or anything.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/volume-scroll-bar-gone-when-clicking-volume-icon/td-p/5618261
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a toolbar on my taskbar titled "Programs". It has about eight folders in it. I made another toolbar, and placed it directly adjacent to the Programs toolbar, to obscure the eight folders and force it to be a dropdown menu.

Trouble is, as soon as I lock my taskbar, right next to the arrow that displays the eight items of my Programs toolbar in menu-form, one of the eight items is showing up as an icon, as if the other toolbar isn't close enough to the Programs toolbar in order to completely obscure the eight items.

Here's what I mean in graphic form:

It's bugging me to no end. Anyone else had this problem/resolved it?

A:Toolbar on taskbar should only be showing an arrow but is showing icon

Hello thewonkits, and welcome to Seven Forums.

I notice this happens when using small icons for a toolbar. If you like, you could unlock the taskbar, right click on the dotted separator line to the left of the two top far left toolbars (one at a time) click on View and Large Icons, then lock the taskbar to see if that may look ok to you. It will make the top row a bit bigger though.

Hopefully someone may know a better way to hide that bit of icon poking out when locked.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/230380-toolbar-taskbar-should-only-showing-arrow-but-showing-icon.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Really weird, see attachment.. Tried resetting the icon cache. It's like this on all of my desktop icons.. any ideas?

A:White 'File' icon showing over top of normal desktop icon

Hello JingleJangle, and welcome to Seven Forums.

It looks like your shortcut arrow overlay icon got messed up somehow. You can use either method in the tutorial below to restore the arrow icon. Method Two is the easiest way with the program.

Shortcut Arrow - Change, Remove, or Restore

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/108273-white-file-icon-showing-over-top-normal-desktop-icon.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Howdy everyone am in a bit of a pickle and would appreciate some pointers The past In Windows Volume No Or Volume Icon days i have lost the sounds of my operating system cannot stream audio and have lost my volume icon from the taskbar I am however able to listen to CDs through itunes media player etc and can watch DVDs fine It is just there are no sounds on windows start up and games etc and no streaming audio on Youtube Myspace etc I have tried many things obviously ticking un ticking the box in control panel etc Have tried system restore been on kellys korner or whatever its called looked up the problem but i need No Volume In Windows Or Volume Icon XP driver disk to reinstall sounds card I dont have XP driver disk aswell i tried downloading new soundcard which didnt work Was clutching at straws really i think some kind of codec i downloaded started No Volume In Windows Or Volume Icon the problem My quot show desktop quot and Thunderbird icons have also No Volume In Windows Or Volume Icon disappeared from other side of taskbar My system is XP Pro a Compaq Armada M laptop Soundcard is a ESS Maestro E Im usually pretty good at solving these kinds of problems have been googling this for ages tho to no avail if anyone could help that would be great thanks Henry

A:No Volume In Windows Or Volume Icon

Try this:Set windows to show hidden files,How to see hidden files in Windows Then navigate to:C:\ Windows \ System32 \ dllcacheLocate sndvol32.exeRight click it, and select Copy.Navigate to C:\ Windows \ System32 In an open area, right click and select PasteIf Windows says the file already exists, do you want to replace it, select YesReboot

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/85395/no-volume-in-windows-or-volume-icon/
Relevancy 55.04%

ever since my last factory restore my network icon shows i am in a local access only but i have access to the web like right now i am on this forum but my computer says i only have access to the not network icon taskbar right icon showing internal network i asked this question in the newsgroup and they said to make sure the services for the network were put down as automatic and that they were started this is the reply i got Double check to make sure that you have the have the Services quot Network Connections quot quot Network List Service quot quot Network Location Awareness quot and quot Network Store Interface Service quot set to Started and Automatic If these are not then it can cause the Network icon to not function properly http www vistax com tutorials -services html Hope this helps Shawn well he was partially right there was something not running and one of them network icon taskbar icon not showing right was manual but it still does the same thing hope someone can network icon taskbar icon not showing right help me also it seems to occur mostly when my aircard is connected it is pcmcia btw it is from t-mobile and i disabled the wifi antenna on the air card since my laptop already has one and it aircard wifi is being a pain because it is trying to connect even tho my laptop antenna is connected which it's why it is disabled edit my apology i wasn't aware that the newsgroup and forum where interconnected but the issue is still not fixed hope someone else has an idea

A:network icon taskbar icon not showing right

*bump* no one can help me further?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/179014-network-icon-taskbar-icon-not-showing-right.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Here is a question I can t seem to find the answer relative to Boosting volume system beep sound volume? other to in the archives How can adjust the volume output from my Windows ME machine with SoundMax Digital Audio so that the volume of the background music I like to listen to via RealOne Player version is quiet but the other important sounds my PC makes like email or calendar notifications are loud enough so I can hear them I ve seemingly tried all Boosting system beep volume relative to other sound volume? combinations of settings for the volume sliders adjustments including The volume knob on my speakers The RealOne Player volume slider The Windows volume control panel quot Volume Control quot slider The WIndows volume control panel quot PC Beep quot slider Even when the quot PC Beep quot volume slide is set to maximum and the quot Volume Control quot slider is set near minimum in the Boosting system beep volume relative to other sound volume? Windows volume control panel the PC beep is virtually inaudible when the background music is acceptably quiet by adjusting the RealOne volume slider and or the volume control on my speakers Am I doing something wrong Is there some other way that I m not thinking of to boost the volume of the system Boosting system beep volume relative to other sound volume? sounds my PC makes while keeping the RealOne music volume low Thanks --Dean nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

The icons on the start menu and login screen are missing. how do i solve this?

A:Power Icon and Log Off Icon not showing

on the top right hand corner where the icons should be, there are only rectangular boxes

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/50559-power-icon-log-off-icon-not-showing.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi guys I am fairly new to this website and would absolutely LOVE if someone could help me figure out this problem I have an Alienware Windows M laptop I know everyone hates alienwares but I don t have enough time to build my own The laptop has a build in SoundBlaster Recon Di with an intel display audio This problem just started happening yesterday before I went to work and when I came back the headphones wouldn t work I thought the headphones were the problem so I tried testing them on two different computers and they weren t working I went to get some new ones and tried plugging them in and they didn t pick up either The jacks do show that they pick up in saying showing not up Headphone No sound. it's playback devices; jack showing up. when the headphones are plugged in just no sound will play Speakers work perfectly fine but I Headphone not showing up in playback devices; jack saying it's showing up. No sound. listen to music all the time and need to have headphones that work The laptop is fairly new so I know it s not a problem that persists with that Tested Updated ALL of the drivers persisting to sound Disabled and uninstalled all drivers and restarted the computer If there s anything else I should add please let me know I just cannot figure out why it would suddenly stop working nbsp

A:Headphone not showing up in playback devices; jack saying it's showing up. No sound.

Sorry guys, forgot to add this into the main post.
(Attachment included of the picture)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/headphone-not-showing-up-in-playback-devices-jack-saying-its-showing-up-no-sound.1101554/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello everyone,
There is a strange problem I am facing for quite a long time. Whenever I get connected to the internet using a dialup connection, the connection icon which used to come in the taskbar doesn't come. Also when I connect usb devices there is no device connection icon in the taskbar. The strange thing is that when I go to control panel and load "sound and audio device" and tick "place the volume icon in the taskbar", both internet connection icon and usb devices icon appear in the taskbar. Whenever I reboot the system, the volume icon disappears again, needing to re-tick the "place the volume icon in the taskbar" in the "sound and audio device". This is really annoying me. Kindly help me.

A:strange connection between volume icon and internet connection icon and usb devices

If you are having problems with your task bar, like icons not being show there when applications are running or minimized, take a look this web page and the repair program it offers. Might be worth trying.

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/strange-connection-between-volume-icon-and-internet-connection-icon-and-usb-devices-85695.html
Relevancy 51.17%

This is a different problem. My volume icon disappeared and the computer no longer makes sounds and I can not hear online applications like You Tube.

If I download a file I can play it back and hear it just fine.

I have checked the volume tab so that is not it and I'm out of ideas. I can not find the original disk to reinsert the driver. This is a dell and I have SigmaTel and the troubeshooting tells me there is nothing wrong with it.

Help please.

Relevancy 51.17%

Running Windows XP. My volume icon disappeared and the computer no longer makes sounds and I can not hear online applications like You Tube.

If I download a file I can play it back and hear it just fine and I can play items in Windows Media, Quick Time, Real Audio, etc.

I have checked the volume tab in the control panel so the problem is more complicated then that. I can not find the original disk to reinsert the driver. This is a dell inspiron 9400 and I have SigmaTel and the troubeshooting tells me there is nothing wrong with it.

I have run all my virus scans and Malware programs.

Any ideas.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/330888/no-volume-icon-or-volume/
Relevancy 51.17%

Good morning experts Please help me since I dont know what to do to solve not working icon tray system icon on wlan sound and this This mornig I started wlan icon and sound icon on system tray not working my laptop after a few minutes the wifi disconnected and the yellow dot showed on the wifi icon I tried to click on the icon but nothing happened Tried to click click clik and nothing happens Tried to click on the sound icon and nothing happens Like if they were disabled All the other icons are wlan icon and sound icon on system tray not working working normally I tried ending the explorer exe and run it again from the systems administrator after doing that when I click on the wifi it works but now shows the quot x quot and no connections available This whole thing happens every time I restart the laptop wifi ok for a few minutes then suddendly yellow dot and it wont let me even click on the icon I scanned with panda global anrivirus malwarebytes spybot search and destroy everything clean Please help System info lenovo b core i Windows x ultimate

A:wlan icon and sound icon on system tray not working

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... From the task bar click on customize .. Then turn system Icons on off and make sure the boxes are checked .. If that does not work try the Link below ...

System icons do not appear in the notification area in Windows Vista or in Windows 7 until you restart the computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/335421-wlan-icon-sound-icon-system-tray-not-working.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I am trying to copy files from my cpu using win 7 to a friends using win 8. hd shows up with the volume used but files are not viewable. tried to copy and past to a new folder saw all the music files as they were pasteing . after I opened the new folder some files were there about 2gig out of 414 any help would be appreciated

A:files not showing ,but volume is used on ex hd

Hi Rock66,

what do you mean you've tried to copy files from you CPU? Your CPU is the central processing unit ==> the core of you pc?

As far as I understand your question you are trying to copy files from your PC to a friends PC. You run Windows 7, he runs Windows 8.

This should not be any problem. So my guess is that the medium you copied the files to is corrupt (are you using an external HDD or a USB stick?)

Therefore my advise would be to FORMAT the medium using your Windows 7 computer with STANDARD SETTINGS!. Copy paste the requires files to the medium and then connect the medium to the Windows 8 machine. That should work!

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/16993-files-not-showing-but-volume-used-ex-hd.html
Relevancy 50.74%

2 problems:
1) no IE icon on desktop or in programs. i have internet access through verizon. i recently got windows update to install IE7 in the hope that would restore the icon/program but the only way i can access the internet is via the verizon browser. i clearly installed IE7 because now the "sidebar" of my verizon browser says that "sidebar i currently not compatible with IE7...". so why can't i get the IE7 icon in my program list or desktop?

i have attached the HijackThis file

2)my volume controls have disappeared from my windows taskbar and i'd like it back. do you know how?
thanks

A:Lost IE icon and sound controls icon from taskbar

go to control panel/display/desktop. go to bottom. an click on custom desktop. an see if there's a check in Internet explorer. if not put one in it an click OK an then apply an see if that puts it back. buy if there is a check in it? uncheck it an then hit OK then apply. an then redo it an see if it helps?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-ie-icon-and-sound-controls-icon-from-taskbar.516174/
Relevancy 50.74%

I Want Use Windows Mute Volume Icon for nircmd Command. Can I do That ?

My New Multimedia Keyboard No Mute Volume Button

Recommend for Icon ?

A:Where Can I Get Volume Icon ?

You want to change the icon on the shortcut ?

If so, yes.

edit---

If you need the mute icon, I located it & copied it as mute.ico --- {an icon resource file.}

You can download it here---

New folder (4).zip

If you need an unzipper try 7Zip ---

7-Zip

A picture---

Example---

edit 2---

If all you want is to change the shortcut icon -- Right click it & choose Properties. See picture---

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/49535-where-can-i-get-volume-icon.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi when I turn my computer of at night and turn it on the next day, my volume icon on the taskbar dissapers. IT doesnt happen when i restart tho. When that happens I have to go to control panel and have to go under audio and sound devices properties. And uncheck the box that says "place volume icon in taskbar" and then hit apply, then check that box again and click apply again for it to appear. And it appears. But it dissapers everytime i turn of comupter. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

A:Volume icon?

Hi akskiller,

I put my Volume Control in the Quick Launch toolbar.

It does'nt load in the System tray !

Go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, Entertainment
Right click on Volume Control and drag to the Quick Launch toolbar
Release right click and Select "Create a shortcut here"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/volume-icon-116907.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi cant get my volume icon back in the taskbar. Ive did the sounds & audio properties thing as in ticking the (place volume icon in taskbar) but i get an error message saying it hasn't been installed reinstall using add/remove. But i cant see it there to reinstall it and i have no windows CD.
Anybody got some advice please

A:Volume Icon

Windows CD not required...it's the installation of audio drivers which results in volume icon being reflected.

I would uninstall the audio drivers/controller via Device Manager (Sound, Video and Game Controllers)...then reboot and reinstall the correct audio drivers for the system or motherboard (available for download at the appropriate manufacturer's website.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/425255/volume-icon/
Relevancy 50.74%

Two days back when i was working on my computer then it says that windows is shutting down. When it restarted, I found that the sound was gone and the volume icon on the status bar was missing.
I checked the system hardware and found that it says " no external device is attached".

I tried the system restore option also but it says firstly shut down the system and restart even after restarting the system.

I am very upset, what to do? Please help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

A:Volume icon gone

welcome
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319095

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/volume-icon-gone-354520.html
Relevancy 50.74%

windows xp

A:volume icon

volume icon not on taskbar

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/volume-icon.1087621/
Relevancy 50.74%

how do I get the icon to appear in the task bar. The "show volume icon" box is checked in the sounds and audio window.

Right click the task bar

Click "Properties"

At the bottom there's a button called "Customize..."

Click on it, and in there you can decide which icons XP should:

- Always hide (So you can hide an icon you only need sometimes)
- Always Show (For the volume, you want this)
- Hide When Inactive (when nothing is happening with this process, XP hides the icon.)

They are otherwise hidden behind an arrow. You can click this to expand it and view the icons.

To always view all icons, uncheck the "Hide Inactive Icons" check box in the "Properties" menu.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
₪₪?????ĐΣŁΣŢΣĐ??!!!₪₪
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/volume-icon-148060.html
Relevancy 50.74%

1st this happened on my old desktop(still can't get it to show up). Now my new laptop. Used it last night, everything fine. Tonite no volume icon on the task bar. Went to control panel, sounds & audio, checked show icon and got this message, cannot display volume control on the taskbar because the volume control program has not been installed. It worked fine yesterday, what's happening????

A:where's the volume icon

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q319095

Type the text EXACTLY as written. This should be the fix.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wheres-the-volume-icon-151361.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I am having some difficulty with my volume icon. My sound works fine, I hear everything, but the icon is gone from the far right of my taskbar. I think this is also causing my not being able to manually adjust the volume with the button on the side of the laptop. I went into control panel, and tried to check "place volume icon in the taskbar" but it is greyed (meaning I can't check it) and it says no audio device. I also checked the device manager to see if there are any sound icons with a red x or yellow ! over them but there werent any.

I am running XP. thanks!

Relevancy 50.74%

I am running Vista Home and my volume icon has disappeared in my toolbar at the bottom of my screen. When I pull up the option in toolbars the box is grey and so I cannot click on it???

Relevancy 50.74%

My sound volume keeps disappearing from my task bar. I am running xp home media edition, I do not have the cd just a restore cd. In my control panel in sounds it has a check next to show in task bar. My task bar is customized to always show volume icon. If I restore to an earlier date it will come back, if I boot up and go to last good configuration sometimes it works the first time if not I do it again and it will put my sound icon back. Once the icon is back the next time I shut down or reboot it is gone again. I don't have any virus or trojans. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Lisa

A:Volume Icon

Check that the task bar is locked.
Right click on the task bar
Select Properties
Under the Task bar Tab,make sure the "lock the Task Bar "is checked

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/126260/volume-icon/
Relevancy 50.74%

my volume icon is not appearing on start up and i have no sound

The icon only appears when the sound driver is installed and working.

What sound card do you have? When did the problem start and did the sound ever work?

Does Device Manager say anything useful?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/volume-icon.293451/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello!

On my PC I've got a game called Banished that I muted once from the Volume Mixer, because I wanted to listen non in-game music instead.
So now, when I want to re-enable it - I can't. Why? Because Banished does not show up in the Volume Mixer, meaning I cannot unmute it.

I have tried the fixes described in this post - Applications missing from Volume Mixer to no avail.

This is what it looks like:

So, how would I go about solving this problem? Thanks in advance for your help!

A:Volume Mixer not showing muted app

Try this first:
Run the Windows audio troubleshooting wizard:
On the taskbar, press and hold the volume icon.
Note: you can also right-click the volume icon
Select Troubleshoot sound problems, and then follow the instructions.

Also, work through the steps in this Tutorial.
https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/...shooting-tips/

You may need to uninstall the game. There may be a compatibility issue.
Google the game for Windows 10. I have not checked into this.

John

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/59416-volume-mixer-not-showing-muted-app.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello!

On my PC I've got a game called Banished that I muted once from the Volume Mixer, because I wanted to listen non in-game music instead.
So now, when I want to re-enable it - I can't. Why? Because Banished does not show up in the Volume Mixer, meaning I cannot unmute it.

I have tried the fixes described in this post - Applications missing from Volume Mixer to no avail.

This is what it looks like:

So, how would I go about solving this problem? Thanks in advance for your help!

A:Volume Mixer not showing muted app

Try this first:
Run the Windows audio troubleshooting wizard:
On the taskbar, press and hold the volume icon.
Note: you can also right-click the volume icon
Select Troubleshoot sound problems, and then follow the instructions.

Also, work through the steps in this Tutorial.
https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/...shooting-tips/

You may need to uninstall the game. There may be a compatibility issue.
Google the game for Windows 10. I have not checked into this.

John

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/59416-volume-mixer-not-showing-muted-app.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi there,

I installed Windows7 Ultimate x64 yesterday (clean, fresh install). Now the names of several partitions don't show in explorer anymore although they are correctly labelled (print screen). I tried to rename them via disk management and command line (DISKPART) - but no joy! It is quite annoying for me as I am used to these funny names; they are kind of an index for me. Does anybody have an idean why this happens. I couldn't find no common attribute that is unique for these partitions. I even have one disk with 1 partition name showing and the other not! They all appear as "Local Drive". It isn't a question of privileges neither: I activated the internal Administrator account for that matter.
Please help it's making me nervous; and that's bad for my mental health. lol

A:Volume labels not showing in explorer

I doubt it is anything to be nervous about, especially since you aren't having an issues, it seems. If I was over-partitioned like that, my mental health would be shot, though. Is it possible, because you have that many drive letters, that you aren't giving it enough time to intialize them? If it was me, I'd simplify and use directories, rather than partition the hell out of my drives like that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/25070-volume-labels-not-showing-explorer.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi. I have XP on this PC and my volume icon (looks like speaker) in the tool bar next to the clock is missing. How do I get it back ?

Thanks.

A:Volume icon missing.

Hello,
This should fix it!
Go to start/control panel then double click on "sound and audio devices"(this is on the classic view mode for control pannel). Then there should be a thing that says "place volume icon in the taskbar". Check that box and hit ok. It should then appear there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/29729/volume-icon-missing/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a shortcut on my desktop for the volume control but I would like to display it below on my task bar. How do I get it to show up at the bottom of my screen?

Thank you.

Cheryl

A:Volume Control Icon

Control panel>sounds & audio devices.check the box for placing icon on the taskbar.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/volume-control-icon.235698/
Relevancy 50.31%

Upgraded Toshiba laptop from Vista to Win 7 Home Premium 32-bit. Volume icon now missing from taskbar. Volume can be controlled through Control Panel, but that's cumbersome. How to restore icon?

A:missing volume icon

This may help:
System Icons - Turn On or Off

Notification Area Icons - Hide or Show System Icons and Notifications

Cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/389110-missing-volume-icon.html
Relevancy 50.31%

That little volume icon there on the right hand side of the task bar has disappeared again. When I right click on the task bar and then click on "Notification Area", Volume, Network and Power are grayed out and I can't make any changes. Any suggestions?

A:Solved: My volume icon is gone again.

Here's the official "wassup" on that >>

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945011/en-us

Includes a "fix it"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-volume-icon-is-gone-again.863393/
Relevancy 50.31%

My volume icon is missing from the tool bar. It has happened before, but a few reboots would always bring it back. Now it is gone. I have gone to control panel>sound and audio properties and found the place volume icon in task bar box checked. What can I do next?

Relevancy 50.31%

I install Windows XP on my PC, however, I do not have an volume icon my the clock on the right hand side. How can I get that volume icon to show up.
Thanks!!!

A:Windows XP The Volume icon

This tells all ...http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;279435&sd=tech

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-the-volume-icon.294149/
Relevancy 50.31%

My volume icon on my laptop has disappeared AND I've gone to control panel, "sounds and audio devices" and unchecked then rechecked my "place volume icon in the taskbar". Please help. Thanks,

A:Volume Icon has disappeared

Does sound still play?

Right click my computer goto manage then to the device manager. Under audio devices what is listed there?

Also how up to date is your computer in terms of ms updates?

-Bar

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/341286/volume-icon-has-disappeared/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi guy's

I've lost my volume icon out of the task bar,been into audio and clicked on to Add to task bar, but nothing happened.
Is it hidden somewhere?.
Windows XP pro.
Acer Veriton S661.

A:Volume Icon Lost

There is at least one fix at Kellys Korner, but I am still looking for it -

Someone may have it listed already -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/420663/volume-icon-lost/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi all For the past month or so I ve had this simple freezing! keeps icon Volume problem that I can t seem to fix Every so often I click on the volume icon The cursor indicates something is loading Nothing happens I try and try again still nothing I Volume icon keeps freezing! restart my computer--problem fixed for a while and then it happens again Note Every time it happens I can right click and it seems to be working perfectly When I click quot Open Volume Mixer quot though it just acts like it s loading and nothing happens again My only other option is I go to quot Sounds quot gt gt Playback Tab gt gt quot Speakers quot properties the playback device I use gt gt Levels Window freezes Every time All the other tabs work I try to close the window which isn t responding and I always get the message quot Windows Shell Common Dll is not responding quot From what I know about these things the Dll is not functioning properly or is missing Can someone help me find out how to fix it please Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/volume-icon-keeps-freezing.806886/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi guys! I'm new to the tread and would like to know how to retrieve the volume icon which was at the bottom right of my screen beside the clock.i run the ms windows vista basic operating system.recently i was trying to sort out my palm handheld using my laptop.the person carrying out the work needed to resort to xp professional desktop machineas they felt that my handheld + laptop were not talking.i can adjust the volume control by navigating the control panel but would like to get my icon back.can you help.many thanks.

Relevancy 50.31%

hi .. this makes me feel like i JUST got a computer lol .. but a month or so ago, i went to change the volume on my sound by the speaker icon in the tray and instead of hearing the traditional beep sound through my speakers, i heard a small muted kind of bee sound from inside my computer case ... *BLINKS*
the sound seems to work fine on most programs, except my mailwasher ... all sounds work when i go to control panel and sounds like to change something ... they all play ... but i just can't get the lever sound on the icon to sound when i raise and lower the lever .. it's driving me crazy! LOL
HELP!

thanks for your time!

Relevancy 50.31%

Hello I hope someone can give me a simple fix to this........

windows xp sp2 512ram
recently had wireless router installed by daughters boyfriend, at about the same time IE 7 decided to put in an appearance, so not sure if either of these are causing my volume control icon to disappear from notification area, had no problem with it in the past. I have to keep going to control panel, sound devices, uncheck the box apply and ok, then have to do it all over again to get it back in notification area..... driving me nuts is there any simple remedy for this not a pc expert...thanks in advance

Relevancy 50.31%

Yesterday I was removing programs, and now my volume icon has disappeared from the lower left tray thing.
How can I get it back?

Thanks,
Karen

A:(Solved) volume icon

Click start, control panel, sounds and multimedia. Check the option "show volume control on taskbar".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-volume-icon.186249/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello,

I can't get my volume icon to appear on the task bar, although I have created a short cut to sndvol32.exe, and that will control my volume. In addition, going to the control panel, Sound and Audio Devices will not cause it to appear on the task bar. This is a difficult problem that I have worked on for months. One source suggested conducting a repair reinstall of the Windows XP Media Center Edition software. I have made some registry edits previously, and this may be part of the problem. Would the program Hijackthis help with this problem?

Relevancy 50.31%

ok i am running windows xp home edtion with sp2

my problem is when i restart my computer the volume icon on the taskbar does not show up so i go into the control panel/sound & audio devices and the checkmark is still there saying place volume icon on taskbar so i uncheck then apply and check again and apply it comes up then i go to restart my computer again and its gone yet again

how do i keep the volume icon from disappearing?

Relevancy 50.31%

Hi all - I have a sony vaio and as of two days ago, I downloadeded microsoft framework fx35 - which was necessary for getting download for "flypaper" free software - my volume icon vanished. I looked in the properties box on my toolbar (bottom of my screen) which displays media graphics, touchpad, norton,etc - and it shows the option for volume unchecked and greyed out (can't check it)

Any ideas? thanks.

A:Volume icon missing

Don't know what operating system you are using but most Windows work the same. I'm using Windows XP. Here's what I would check. Go to START, then CONTROL PANEL, double click SOUNDS & AUDIO DEVICES and see if there is a check mark in the PLACE VOLUME ICON IN THE TASK BAR box. If it's blank, click the box, and a check mark will appear and that should solve your problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/volume-icon-missing.740981/
Relevancy 50.31%

hi guys,

i've got a new one:

on my eeepc 1000h, running win7 for a few months now, my volume control icon has disapeared from the bottom right task bar.

i have found in the control panel a set of menus for enabling these items but it wont allow me to change the volum control on/off to on.

anybody else come across this?

Relevancy 50.31%

I've read thru to see if this has been discussed already and only one thread deals with it. But the outcome was too scary to replicate.

My volume icon keeps disappearing. I go to the notification box for the icons and the volume box is dimmed so I can't even check it so that it stays. I have to constantly restart the computer until I see it. Why can't I get it to stay in the taskbar permanantly?

Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,

After a new Windows 7 installation on an old ThinkPad X220, I'm showing a warning icon (exclamation point on yellow triangle) on my Drive C:. Any ideas on what I should do to address this please?

A:Warning icon on Volume C:

Do you see anything unusual in Device Manager?

Only reference I could find was that it may be Bitlocker enabled. Go to Control Panel - Bitlocker Drive Encryption and see if it is enabled.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/373165-warning-icon-volume-c.html
Relevancy 50.31%

This is driving me crazy. Many times the volume icon disappears from my Task Bar. I go into control panel so I can make the adjustment to have it shown on the Task Bar. Everytime I try to do that the volume box is not highlighted so I can't click on it. So I end up having to restore my computer and then it will reappear.

Any ideas?

A:Volume Icon in Task Bar

Try it :
Righclick on Taskbar and choose "Properties"
in Taskbar tab, under "notification area" click "Customize"
Find "Volume" from the list and set its behaviors on "Show icon and notifications"

It may help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/volume-icon-in-task-bar.1057969/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,

For some reason I lost my volume icon. I can still bring it up but I have to go to my "Sounds and Audio Devices Properties" and tick the "Place volume icon in the taskbar" . After that it stays in the task bar untill I have to restart the computer, and then once again it is no longer present in the task bar.

Does anyone have any idea how to resolve this issue?

Thanks

A:Missing Volume Icon.

Silly question maybe but are you locking the taskbar?

Kelley's xp fixes are trustworthy. Scroll down on the left to 330. I have had good luck with his fixes.

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/missing-volume-icon-468097.html
Relevancy 50.31%

My volume icon was missing from my task bar. I got an error message thats says "window cannot display the volume control on the taskbar because the volume control program has not been installed. To install it use add/remove programs in control panel".

Can someone please help me!

Thank you.

A:Volume Icon Missing

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q319095

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/volume-icon-missing.412701/
Relevancy 50.31%

For some reason my Volume control icon in the task bar is gone. I can display it by going to the control panel and going thru the Display icon in tray from the sounds and audio, but when I reboot its gone again.

Relevancy 50.31%

hi .. this makes me feel like i JUST got a computer lol .. but a month or so ago, i went to change the volume on my sound by the speaker icon in the tray and instead of hearing the traditional beep sound through my speakers, i heard a small muted kind of beep sound from inside my computer case ... *BLINKS*
the sound seems to work fine on most programs, except my mailwasher ... all sounds work when i go to control panel and sounds like to change something ... they all play ... but i just can't get the lever sound on the icon to sound when i raise and lower the lever .. it's driving me crazy! LOL
HELP!

thanks for your time!

A:volume icon lever

Closing duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/542773-volume-icon-lever.html

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/volume-icon-lever.542774/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi All
I keep losing my volume icon on the taskbar (WinXP) I go to control panel, sounds and it is ticked. I untick it then tick it again and back it comes! It isn't auto hidden, because I've turned that off. Not a major hassle, but if anyone knows why, I'd appreciate it.
regards
Denis

A:Volume Icon [Resolved]

Hello Denis, and Welcome to TSF!

There are a couple of ways to rectify this pesky critter (the Volume Icon) misbehaving, so lets try these two Steps....

(You will need your Windows? XP CD)

Insert the Windows? XP CD in the Drive. (Hold down the Shift Key to prevent it from starting....

STEP One:
Now go Start > Run and enter these commands....(hit Enter after each command.)

cmd

Enter your CD/DVD Drive letter (I will use E: for this excercise.)

e:

cd i386

expand sndvol32.ex_ c:\windows\system32\sndvol32.exe

(Please note the space between the ex_ and the c:)

Once you hit enter this time you will notice that the file will be 'expanded by an amount of about 145%'.

When it is finished, type exit; remove the CD.

STEP Two:

1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Manage.
2. Click Services and Applications.
3. Double-click Services.
4. Scroll down in the Services list, right-click SSDP Discovery Service, and then click Properties.
5. On the General tab, in the Startup type drop-down list, click Disabled.
6. Click OK.

Close all windows and reboot the computer.

Upon restart, all should now be normal (hopefully).

Post back with the results, and if there are any other queries/concerns.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/volume-icon-resolved-151627.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi. I'm new to these forums. I am not sure if it is allowed to post the same query on different sections, therefore I paste the link here. I'd be grateful if somebody helped me with this problem. Thanks... http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/Hel...html#entry99405

A:Volume Control Icon

Dear isil,

Not be mean or anything but posting the same question in two forums is not necessary. Your question will usually be answered quickly by one of the fine members at BC. if you would like a move your question you may either PM a mod. or post a reply to your own topic asking a mod. to move it for you. If your question is not answered after a while then you may feel free to putting a new topic in a different forum. Please remember that I am not trying to be mean, but just trying to help the members at BC.

Enjoy your time at BC!!!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/16570/volume-control-icon/
Relevancy 50.31%

I would like help with the Windows Vista, volume icon disappearing as I already have a problem with the volume bar in hardware and therefore cannot view the volume level.
The icon disappears frequently for a day and then reappears.

A:Volume icon disappearing

There is a good fix written here. Only it lacks to Back Up Registry first. Please Back up FirstUsing WindowsRegistry edits can be potentially dangerous; we can revert to the backup if needed.Go to Start ? Run ? type: regedit ? OK.On the leftside, click to highlight My Computer at the top. Go up to File ? Export Make sure in that window there is a tick next to "All" under Export Branch.
Leave the "Save As Type" as "Registration Files".
Under "Filename" put RegBackup.Choose to save it to C:\ Click save and then go to File ? Exit.OR use ERUNTBackup Your Registry with ERUNTPlease use the following link and scroll down to ERUNT and download it.
http://aumha.org/freeware/freeware.phpFor version with the Installer:
Use the setup program to install ERUNT on your computerFor the zipped version:
Unzip all the files into a folder of your choice.Click Erunt.exe to backup your registry to the folder of your choice.Note: to restore your registry, go to the folder and start ERDNT.exeMissing System Tray (Notification Area) Icons in Windows Vista

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/183037/volume-icon-disappearing/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi I am new to this forum Icon Control Please, Volume Help so hello to everybody I have been having a strange problem with my quot Volume Control quot icon in the taskbar It appears as usual on the taskbar when I turn my computer on and it works fine but then disappears gets replaced by the unknown program icon after a while and stops working I can never work out when exactly this happens but as soon as I restart the computer it reappears for a while and so on When I click on this unknown program icon that replaced the Volume Control Windows start looking for the Sndvol exe and then displays the quot Problem with Shortcut quot message which then suggests either to point to the the nearest match C WINDOWSPCHEALTHUploadBBinariesUploadM exe or delete it I press cancel at this point because the whole thing sounds a bit strange as things go back to normal after restart I also tried going to the quot Sounds and Audio Devices quot in the Control Panel and try to click quot Place volume icon in the taskbar quot when this occurred but I got this message quot Windows cannot display the volume control on the taskbar because the Volume Control program has not been installed To install it use Add Remove Programs in Control Panel quot Could this be related to the Spyware Adware problems I ve been having The problem is no matter how many times I fix problems with Spybot they come back after a short while and I get many annoying pop-ups Fyi my OS is Windows XP I use PopupManager and Spybot Search amp Destroy Many thanks in advance for your help

A:Help Please, Volume Control Icon

Have you done a Hijackthis log? if you have post it in the Hijackthis Log forum section to be answered.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/16568/help-please-volume-control-icon/
Relevancy 50.31%

Volume icon has disappeared from notification area. In control panel, under "Notification Area Icons", it is not there. When I click on the "Turn notifications on or off", it is greyed out and can't be accessed.
I saw a thread to download a "reg" file to turn it on, and it hasn't worked.
Any other ideas?

A:Volume icon missing

Hello moebeech, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Double check to make sure that you have your audio drivers installed, then see if using step 9 in OPTION TWO of the tutorial below may be able to enable your Volume icon.

System Icons - Enable or Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/392458-volume-icon-missing.html
Relevancy 50.31%

A blue rectangular volume icon is in the middle of my computer screen and won't go away. Please help!

Relevancy 50.31%

System Specs Are windows xp home mb ram GHz intel celeron cpu The sound on my computer has completely gone the volume icon is missing I have an onboard Realtek AC sound device All of a sudden the other day i swithed on the pc and no volume missing is icon sound device manager reports no audio problems however system information says that IRQ is being used by a graphics controller and usb universal host controller in control panel under sounds and audio devices i get a quot no audio device quot message the last two programs i installed are windows media player and IE about two weeks ago and the problem starter yesterday i have tried system restore to no avail BIOS sound is enabled speakers work just fine on another pc i can t Extract a copy of Sndvol exe from windows xp cd because all i have are the three restore cd s when i bought the pc and when i try to reinstall audio drivers via the restore cd or from C Drivers Audio OriginalDriver the system stops installing at and i get the following quot Realteck ac audio tool for driver update has encountered a problem and needs to close quot volume icon is missing i tried unistalling realtek ac in add remove programs but i get the following pop up realtek ac audio gt setupDLL setupDLL cpp pAPP Realtek ac audio PVENDOR Realtek semiconductor corp PGUID fb f - - -b dd- e fbc e windows XP service pack IE Setup has volume icon is missing experienced an error Please do the following - Close any running programs - Empty your temporary folder - Check your internet connection Internet-based Setups error code when i run directX diagnostic tool i get the following Sound Tab DirectSound test results Failure at step DirectSoundCreate HRESULT x a The request failed because DirectSound resources such as the priority level were already in use by another caller and Music Tab DirectMusic test results Failure at step Activating the IDirectMusicPort HRESULT x a The request failed because DirectSound resources such as the priority level were already in use by another caller device manager shows the following under sound video and game controllers audio codecs legacy audio drivers legacy video capture drivers media control devices and video codecs each device is enabled and supposedly quot working properly quot when i installed a pci sound card the volum icon does come back and i can hear music but i d like to figure out the audio problem i know i can do a windows xp re-install but that is going to be my last option what do you guys think nbsp

A:volume icon is missing

Have you tried installing the latest Realtek drivers(3.93): http://www.majorgeeks.com/Realtek_AC97_Drivers_d4400.html

If that doesn't work try using DriverCleaner to remove the Realtek drivers and then try reinstalling: http://www.drivercleaner.net/professional.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/volume-icon-is-missing.511632/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello all I ve been working on my wifes computer a Gateway MX running Windows XP Pro She was infected with the photosnap trojan and I was able to finally remove it and get most things running correctly but the volume icon Volume Disappeared Icon has disappeared from the taskbar and I cannot get it to come back I have checked to make sure the quot Place volume icon in the taskbar quot is checked and that it is set to quot always show quot from the hide inactive icons selection Have also noticed that Adobe Flash does not have any sound when playing movies through IE and when trying to access internet Volume Icon Disappeared options through the tool bar I get a message that states quot This operation has been cancelled Volume Icon Disappeared due to restrictions in effect on this computer The last thing is that the volume control buttons no longer work when pressed the onscreen display pops up but the slider does not move I have removed the sound card drivers and reinstalled them I ve also removed and reinstalled flash player but that hasn t helped The sounds in everything else works like it should though Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated TIA

A:Volume Icon Disappeared

Welcome to BCHave a read here. It might be of some helphttp://en.allexperts.com/q/Windows-XP-3282...con-missing.htmMark

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/121374/volume-icon-disappeared/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hai.. I am new to this ....

I lost volume icon from my taskbar. I dont know how to retrieve that...
Pls help me to sort this out....

A:Regarding Volume icon in taskbar

In Control Panel, Sounds, put a checkmark in the Display Icon on Taskbar.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/regarding-volume-icon-in-taskbar.831938/
Relevancy 50.31%

I just lost the volume icon in my taskbar. I have check a number of places and articles posted by supposed individuals who know how to fix it. Nothing is working, have been all over the control panel but not finding anything related to the volume control. Running windows 7, ofc 2013. Gary

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-volume-icon.1123719/
Relevancy 50.31%

The volume icon in Notification area of taskbar disappeared. I clicked on Customize & the Volume is grayed-out. I then clicked "Turn system icons on or off". Volume is Off; unfortunately, it is grayed-out & can't be changed to On.

Please help. Thanks

A:Volume control icon

I found the solution to the missing volume icon. I downloaded & installed
"MicrosoftFixit50229.msi" from //download.microsoft.com.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/88479-volume-control-icon.html