Windows Support Forum

Improve Realtek HD Audio Sound Quality!

Q: Improve Realtek HD Audio Sound Quality!

Hello guys In the other forum that I do participate I found a tutorial about the Realtek HD Quality! Sound Realtek HD Audio Improve Audio RHDA chipsets Making the long history Improve Realtek HD Audio Sound Quality! short all RHDA have a paid driver for the Gigabyte mobos that makes then emulate a X-Fi sound card Of curse it is not a quality of a real X-Fi but I could see a small change in the sound quality The original post Apr Realtek R VIA HD Audio driver for X-Fi MB Software Can't believe how stupid some people Improve Realtek HD Audio Sound Quality! are X-Fi MB is much like a Winamp audio enhancement plug-in and provides better effects than Realtek It does improve your sound experience However this is not a hardware upgrade does not improve RMAA tests and won't make the built-in DACs better Don't you believe me Get a loopback cable disable all effects configure the mixer accordingly and do the tests yourself If you still cannot understand this sorry for you Some people are so easy to cheat Read reviews learn and maybe some day you'll understand Finally the X-Fi MB costs way expensive for an audio plugin For Newegg you can buy an Audigy SE and enjoy incredibly better sound than a codec can provide EDIT for a good laugh Mussels Aussie Moderator TPU Forums quot Yes its true it wont do any hardware changes or any big upgrades but if you're changing the sound profile via EQ's and the equaliser i'm sure the RMAA results would change somewhat quot OMG LOL Do you even know what RMAA is for Please read all the docs at http audio rightmark org download shtml From RMAA manual quot For higher precision disable all equalizer D effects and such quot From X-Fi RMMA guide by Creative quot Disable All Effects including CMSS- D EAX -bit Crystalizer Graphic Equalizer THX Setup quot From Audigy ZS RMAA guide by Creative quot Disable All Effects including CMSS- D EAX Karaoke Equalizer THX Setup and Speaker Calibration quot Link to the first idea Realtek R X-Fi mod driver - techPowerUp Forums I hope you alll enjoy this as I do Cheers

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Improve Realtek HD Audio Sound Quality!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Improve Realtek HD Audio Sound Quality!

The link doesn't works:

Please read all the docs at http://audio.rightmark.org/download.shtml.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/61048-improve-realtek-hd-audio-sound-quality.html
Relevancy 96.75%

Hi,

I have a Toshiba satelite A30 with a Realtek ac97 audio device.
The audio has been working fine for a few years now, but has recently been producing poor quality sound, like it is saturated.
I have been playing with sound volume, have reinstalled the latest drivers as well as the latest version of directX, but still experience the same problem.
I have also checked if there was a hardware conflict, but nothing shows...

can it be that the hardware is damaged, and i need to buy an external sound card or can this be solved otherwise?

thanks for anyone's help.

thomas

A:Realtek ac97 audio - poor quality sound

impossible to buy an external sound card for a laptop. Did you recently update any software or drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-ac97-audio-poor-quality-sound.60239/
Relevancy 88.15%

How to improve the sound quality on mp3's and wave files the best way?
I've been trying to fix some audio clips in Audacity and WavePad many
times but it just get worse. I give up. I think there should be a quick
solution with the best settings already

Sorry but I cannot find a similar post. Please link to it if you know
and I'll change the thread to something else that I cannot find. :unch:

A:How to improve sound quality?

Buy a better soundcard?
There's a lot of sound-tweaking programs out there, but the true difference you hear when hw gets replaced. Been messing around a bit with the same thing and just gave up eventually.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-improve-sound-quality.60171/
Relevancy 85.57%

This a quick mini-tutorial on how to radically change the sound quality in Windows - especially important for laptop users but also significant for in Quality 7 Radically Worsen) Windows To (or How Improve Sound those who for How To Radically Improve (or Worsen) Sound Quality in Windows 7 instance have accidentally managed to worsen their sound on a hi-fi connected system and cannot find their way back There are essentially five tiers of potential sound-affecting entities within a Windows PC Application Add-on CODECs or plug-ins Mixer System Sound card driver It is important to realize that ALL of these may have settings that can alter the sound quality and that using the correct tier first is fairly crucial when you want to use different output devices at different times Headphones Extension Speakers Hi-Fi Built-in Laptop speakers etc A setting altered to suit one output device that is made to a quot common quot tier will potentially wreck the careful settings you made for another output device Thankfully Windows improves greatly over Windows XP in this respect - it helps you manage settings specifically for a particular output device as long as you realize this and work with it rather than against it I'm fortunate enough to possess a Toshiba Qosmio laptop with moderately good built-in speakers a good quality USB-headset Freetalk and the very cleverly designed Logitech Z USB speaker-bar to use as an experimentation base So I will discuss altering the various settings in the context of these output options Read across to your own needs and experiment accordingly on your own system In order to break this all up a bit I shall section-up this tutorial into separate posts on this thread so please bear with me as it may take a while to complete You can always subscribe to the thread get e-mail notifications if you don't want to miss anything I shall post a specific quot end quot reply when I've covered it all and would appreciate if you keep any replies on hold till then for the sake of continuity of the tutorial

A:How To Radically Improve (or Worsen) Sound Quality in Windows 7

Step One - Identifying the five tiers

Tier One: The Applications that you may be considering may be the obvious: Windows Media Player, the ubiquitous: Cyberlink PowerDVD or Media Player Classic, or the less versatile but annoyingly in-your-face: Adobe Flash or Microsoft Silverlight & BBC IPlayer in the Internet browsers.

All of these have, to a varying degree, their own indigenous settings (or not). And for the sake of commonality, they are actually the LAST place you want to tweak sound quality if you are likely to want to switch between output devices frequently. So resist for now the equalizers, wow-settings, or bass-boosts built into some of these. Indeed - start by disabling them all. Better - use a "reference application" without such enhancements for all your setting up, and later use these individual application settings as "condiments" (salt-and-pepper to taste).

Tier Two: Note that you may have installed some "extra" CODEC-based or plug-in enhancements that either operate at DirectX level (for some but not all apps), or are introduced for specific media types (AVI, MP3, FLAC etc), or for specific applications. Try and neutralize these too, if you can. They may not be helping. For example, you can actually download and install a graphic equalizer that operates like a CODEC. If you did, then disable it for now. Also, choose a set of reference items from your media collections (one or two each from MP3, Video, FLAC, whatever) that you will consistently use for your setting up, which hopefully will help ensure CODEC consistency, or at least identify any inconsistency, during your experiments. However, if you are using Windows "out-of-the-box" and haven't installed any special CODECs, then don't worry too much about this tier.

Tier Three: The Windows 7 Mixer can usually be accessed by double-clicking the speaker icon in the notification area of the task bar. This is the main port of call when you are setting up your system under this tutorial. Familiarize yourself with how it looks when you click it whilst you are running different apps and when you have plugged in different output devices. Note that you may have to close and reopen it after physically changing (connecting or disconnecting) the output devices.

To get there, locate the speaker icon:
When clicked this will give you the Volume Control:
And from that you can open the Mixer:

Tier Four: You now have easy access to this tier, by clicking the SYSTEM SOUNDS icon in the MIXER applet that you have just opened. This should beget you a dialog something like the one shown below. We use this to get to the options that fundamentally set the SPEAKER arrangements at system level for each output device you connect to your PC. Note that you should try and physically connect your outputs to the same USB ports every time, since Windows treats each USB-port and Device Driver combination as a distinct output entity, and remembers settings for each of these.

We are specifically interested in the PLAYBACK TAB.
We are still in "Tier Four" when we click one of these icons listed in this tab. We get to Tier Five by a different route (be patient). Tier Four however allows us to get at some special settings that Windows provides via its "default" driver mechanism. It allows us to specify whether our speakers have a woofer or multiple satellites (2.1, 5.1, etc). Also it defines whether or not full-range speakers are in use. If you change this here, then the "enhancements" provided by Tier Five will subtly change and this can dramatically affect the sound quality achievable - very important if you like your bass to be either bassy or burpy.

For instance, choosing "full range" stereo speakers for a headset will later give you different options than specifying a non-existent woofer. For good headphones capable of bass, it may actually be better to lie and say there... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/262616-how-radically-improve-worsen-sound-quality-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 80.41%

when i try to record "what i hear" i have to uncheck the stereo mix mute in the options of the control panel of the drivers, but whats the problem.. when i record what i hear sound i got very low quality.. i tryed to record with differend extensions as mp3 and wav but the result is the same.. i think that the problem are the Realtek HD Audio Drivers so please help..

i use winxp home edition sp2 and for record focus mp3 recorder pro and fraps (get the same results)

thnx in advance, jREV

A:Realtek HD Audio Drivers: low quality

What is your computer's make and model? You can go to the manufacturer's support website and download and install the latest audio drivers. Is XP fully updated from Microsoft's Update website?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-hd-audio-drivers-low-quality.102570/
Relevancy 78.69%

After updating my Windows bit Home Edition with the anniversary update I realized that the sound quality declined slightly The difference is not too big but as a musician I feel it clearly I am focusing on headphone usage switching to problem Realtek audio after HD W10 quality Play B&O Annivers... built-in speakers the difference is less sensible The sound level decreased significantly I had to raise the volume bar from to - to have the same volume Also the overall quality richness stereophonic effect reverberation is decreased by - The sound became a little bit blunt compared to the state before updating the system nbsp I removed deleted the software driver completely and tried all versions of available drivers published on HP support page related to my notebook the result is the same nbsp Realtek HD Audio Driver nbsp versions which I tried - - nbsp - - - - nbsp My system nbsp HP Pavilion t M H AV L S Realtek HD Audio ALC with B amp O Play nbsp Any comments are welcome

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/B-amp-O-Play-Realtek-HD-audio-quality-problem-after-W10/td-p/5725394
Relevancy 77.83%

I just bought a Gateway laptop (Win 7 64-bits) with a Realtek high definition. I listen a lot to classical music and I am disappointed with the sound quality of the card.

I listen the music with a good Seinheiser headphone. The problem is not the headphone because I switched back and forth between the new laptop and a 6-years old Compaq desktop and the desktop sounds much better. On both computers, I have the equalizers set as flat and no audio effects.

The problem on the laptop is that the sound sounds "muffed", with no treble and no color. I checked the drivers and they are the latest.

I am pretty sure that this is a good quality card and the sound should be good. What should I try?

Thanks,
Tom

A:Realtek high definition - bad sound quality

Have you fiddled with the settings in the Realtek HD audio control panel, as shown below?

I'd turn off any special effects or enhancements to begin with.

I just began using Realtek myself, but have not done any critical listening yet to decide if I like it or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/144582-realtek-high-definition-bad-sound-quality.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi all,

I recently reinstalled Windows 7 on my laptop and since then the osund quality has been truly awful.

The specs are listed below, but I have un- and reinstalled the latest realtek drivers. The laptop was new when I wiped it so I don't know if the speakers are just terrible but it's a new laptop, so I assume that's not the problem.

Any help welcome!

Thanks,
StubbyHS

A:Bad sound quality, have realtek drivers installed.

I would have very low expectations for sound quality on an Acer laptop.

Having said that, where did you get the Realtek drivers?

If you got them from Realtek, instead go to Acer and look for drivers for your particular motherboard.

And vice versa.

Normally, I would expect the laptop manufacturer's audio drivers to have a better chance of working.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/198529-bad-sound-quality-have-realtek-drivers-installed.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Windows 7 64-bit I'm using an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ processor My audio is working, but I'm getting "popping" noises every 15-30 seconds and it's really bothering me. I updated to the latest driver for Realtek AC'97 and I insalled the Realtek HD Audio drivers, but only the AC'97 shows up in the device manager. When I got to add/remove programs, it shows that HD Audio can be uninstalled, but I don't know if that means it's working. From reading around on the internet, some people said the HD Audio driver solved their problem, but I'm not sure if mine is actually working or not. I don't know much about computers, so please spell things out explicitly for me so I can just follow directions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/poor-audio-quality-and-popping-sounds-unable-to-find-realtek-hd-audio-driver.890498/
Relevancy 74.82%

I have RealTek HD Audio. I am just wondering if getting a soundcard will make listening to Youtube and blu-rays better.

A:Will getting a Sound Card improve my audio experience?

Your system specs states you have a Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro? And may I ask, what is it you wish to improve upon?

Upgrading to a better sound card or an external source can improve your audio experience however everything within the audio chain must also be able to benefit from the change. This includes the media being played all the way to the speakers used. If your amplification is poor, or have poor speakers, then you may not see any improvements with changing your sound card. Same goes with the media. Highly compressed lossy media will not show much of an improvement in comparison to lossless media. Youtube, as great as it is for watching video?s, is not what I would call the highest of fidelity. However, blu-ray can benefit from better sounding equipment. Same can be said about lossy compressed MP3?s compared to uncompressed WAV and or lossless FLAC files.
Also within your system spec you mention a GeForce GTX 780 along with a Receiver (assuming it is an Audio/Video receiver). If your AV Receiver has HDMI, you could use the GTX video card to send PCM digital signal to the AV receiver via HDMI thus essentially turning your AV receiver into a sound card! No soundcard and or chip within the computer is needed ? just a quality HDMI cable (and it does not have to be expensive!)

Failing that, you could also use the Toslink optical out (otherwise known as SPDIF) from your motherboard to your receiver. Again this will send raw PCM digital signal to your receiver thus allowing your receiver to do the processing. However, you will need the Realtek drivers for this config.

Let me know the rest of your audio system and I might be able to throw a few other idea?s your way.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/364360-will-getting-sound-card-improve-my-audio-experience.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello,

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and I have a problem with sound. When I plug my speakers in front panel I have output audio, but in back panel I don't.

My Audio Manager looks like this, but front panel is enabled and back panel is disabled. It does not recognize back (ANALOG) jack.

I tried with settings in this manager but without success, I cheked Control Panel > Sound and followed instructions but still no sound if speakers is in back panel. What to do?

P.S
Sorry for bad english

A:No sound in back audio panel jack - Realtek HD Audio Manager

What is set as the Default Playback Device? If "Digital" or "HDMI" is set as default you will not get any sound from rear audio connections. "Speaker" must be set as Default Playback Device/

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/370904-no-sound-back-audio-panel-jack-realtek-hd-audio-manager.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hey Guys So here it goes I normally have my Logitech z- speakers connected to the onboard sound output green yellow and black as well Defition sound audio High onboard No Audio) from (Realtek as my Plantronics connected to the front panel USB port I used to be able to play music through any one without any problems just had to select which one I wanted as my default playback device Now my problem is I get audio fine through the but I get no sound what so ever from any of the onboard ports No sound from onboard audio (Realtek High Defition Audio) I have searched online for hours trying all the suggested solutions check below but I'm hoping its not a device failure What's weird is that just like all other posts I've read when I plug anything into the onboard jacks I get the speakers as connected and the audio level moves with sound but I get no output from my speakers What I have tested removing and reinstalling audio drivers from Asus website - no luck trying a headphone in the different jacks to see if any would give audio - no luck went into the BIOS made sure I was up to date and the sound device was enabled - no luck I can post screenshots of anything that may help in trying to resolve this problem and would appreciate anyone assisting me Thank you

A:No sound from onboard audio (Realtek High Defition Audio)

Ravir mate do yourself a favour and install a sound card I have the exact same board and I fitted an Asus Xonar DG after spending a load of time trying to make sense of the Asus site, RealTek site and the Windows feature which are all a crock of crap.
The GUI for the Xonar card is great for sound (up to 7:1 support) and effects and mixing. Best of all it is cheap. I have them in three of my machines and would not be bothered with the onboard rubbish. Sound Cards and Digital-to-Analog Converters - Xonar DG - ASUS

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/351246-no-sound-onboard-audio-realtek-high-defition-audio.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Stereo mix IDT Hi Def audio bad quality sound recording The sound quality when recording Stereo Mix (IDT High Def) is really poor and "tinny" soundingAppreciate anyone with solution.

A:stereo mix IDT Hi Def audio bad quality sound

Hi @chris2001net, Thank you for joining the HP Forums!  I saw your post on how you are getting bad quality sound with your HP Envy 15-j144na Notebook. I am happy to help you with this issue!  Please try the steps within this guide, No Sound or Distorted Sound from Speakers (Windows 10). And, let me know the results!  If this, or any of the posts on this thread, has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on Accept as Solution on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful of my post, kindly click the thumbs up below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know! Hope this guide helps, and thank you for posting!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/stereo-mix-IDT-Hi-Def-audio-bad-quality-sound/td-p/5569048
Relevancy 70.52%

i downloaded a video from the net in rm format.
the video quality sucks.
is there a way to improve it
i tried to convert it to avi using tinra.
media player could not play it.

A:improve rm quality

Hiya

You won't be able to convert it to AVI, as its a different format altogether.
Do you have RealOne, or RealPlayer?

You may also need the DivX codec:

http://www.divx.com/divx/

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/improve-rm-quality.84221/
Relevancy 70.52%

I have a 1080p LG LCD Monitor.

It has 2 inputs, DVI and VGA. I have two different types of cables, HDMI-DVI and VGA-VGA. I tried connecting my laptop to the monitor.

My laptop has two outputs, VGA and HDMI. When I use the HDMI output, the image on my monitor is sharp and clear. When I use the VGA output and the VGA-VGA cable, the image on my monitor is blurry.

Is there any fix?

EDIT: My VGA connector also has one peculiarity. From the point of view of the sockets, Pin No. 9 is missing, for both ends. (although it may unused)

A:How to improve VGA quality?

The vga cable has a lower resolution than HDMI and the HDMI cable is designed to carry the 1080p resolution along with sound. Stick with the HDMI cable it's much better as you found out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/271705-how-improve-vga-quality.html
Relevancy 69.66%

My audio sounds slightly distorted especially the high frequencies while listening to MP s at a normal listening volume and there s some air noise only when a song is playing A sound quality Poor card? audio - the Is it The Source CD had copy guard protection which distorts sound quality when transferred to a computer B The songs were recorded at too low of a quality because the person who made them was frugal with HDD space C The Poor audio quality - Is it the sound card? sound card is of poor Poor audio quality - Is it the sound card? quality and isn t quot rendering quot the sounds correctly If quot C quot is correct as I suspect what sound card would you recommend I listen to Music and watch DVD s on my system I m not really into Poor audio quality - Is it the sound card? gamming I m looking for high quality and willing to pay a little more for it I would like Dolby SS support I have heard that Audiogy SP is pretty good there s like different grades of it though so I m a bit unsure of which is right for me Any help is greatly appreciated as usual nbsp

A:Poor audio quality - Is it the sound card?

You probably can't go wrong with the Audigy cards or any of the middle to top end Sound Blasters. The cheaper SB's give distortions- that you may be experieincing- on some mother boards. I have a little machine in the bed room with one in there and the voices sound like robots many times.

Check out Turtle Beach. They have good cards for a little money and the sound control software is pretty cool. They usually ship with mixers and custom stuff in the software bundle. I have a old Quadzilla 2 in the game machine here and it's still kicking. This one doesn't do surround sound from the CD player but the new ones do. My neighbors can hear Godsmack from across the street when I wind this one up.

Bottom line. Stay with the well known sound guys and you should do ok without having to hire a research team to compare products. Be willing to drop a couple hundred geeta on a card and you'll be in business.

Don't forget to have good speakers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/poor-audio-quality-is-it-the-sound-card.130721/
Relevancy 69.66%

hello friends i am new to this site and i realy thanks u for helping each other i also having problem in my os actualy the net is not going fast i am connecting my computer through gprs and i called throug my operaters they said there is problem in ur computer i also find that i install xp upgardation from digit magazine cd it goes wrong i think so is there way to re install windows or i can improve this without doing this i also dont able to run java amplates i am very disappointed with my os so plz tell me how i can improve os quality thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/quality-problem-in-my-os-how-i-can-improve-59829.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Can anyone suggest an excellent method ( software ) to enhance videos ? My main goal is to obtain sharper
pictures.
I did check with Google but obviously everybody claims their software to be the best.
Therefore I rely on somebody's expert opinion.

Thanks

Anton ABC

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-improve-quality-of-videos.917443/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi,

I've recently got a SONY VAIO VGN - NW 18H with below specs:

Intel core 2 duo processor - T6500 2.1GHz
Video card - ATI Mobility Radean HD4570
RAM - 4GB DDR3.

The problem is that i could not watch DVD rips with good quality. The movies show the images with blurred or lines at the edges. I checked if i can increase the resolution and could not increase the resoulution more than 1366*768.

Could any one help me to resolve my issue?. Thanks.

Chandra

A:Plz help me to improve the display quality

Originally Posted by sekharjchandra

Hi,

I've recently got a SONY VAIO VGN - NW 18H with below specs:

Intel core 2 duo processor - T6500 2.1GHz
Video card - ATI Mobility Radean HD4570
RAM - 4GB DDR3.

The problem is that i could not watch DVD rips with good quality. The movies show the images with blurred or lines at the edges. I checked if i can increase the resolution and could not increase the resoulution more than 1366*768.

Could any one help me to resolve my issue?. Thanks.

Chandra

can you go into device manager (start>search>type device manager. go to the video tab and look to see if your video card is installed and working properly. If it has a yellow triangle on it or if it is not there you need to re-install the driver.

let us know the results

ken

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/251065-plz-help-me-improve-display-quality.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I know this may seem a little far fetched, but I was just wondering if there is a program available anywhere that would improve the quality of an mp3. The sound is a little echoey (is that a word?) and I want to bring out the voice of the singer so I can hear it better. Is this possible?

A:Program to improve quality of an mp3?

What you need to do is experiment a bit with different players, such as sonique vs winamp, and try a few DSP plugings for each till you find what works best..

Try the DSP plugins from here. http://classic.winamp.com/plugins/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/program-to-improve-quality-of-an-mp3.153040/
Relevancy 68.8%

This has been a problem for me for a few months now, but it's just getting unbearable.

So, here's the situation:Oftentimes, my headphones give out muffled audio. It makes it virtually impossible to make out human speech, and just generally isn't very good. In the past, I could fix this by adjusting the headphone jack somewhat, but over time I've had to do it more violently and I'm concerned at this point that I'll harm the computer if I continue doing it. Now, whenever it happens, I have to wiggle the jack around with a decent amount of force to get it to work properly.

I'm not particularly good with computer hardware, so I'm not entirely sure what the exact issue could be. If you need any more information, just ask. I'd be happy to provide it. Any help is appreciated.

A:Audio jack giving out muffled, bad quality sound

Nevermind. I just hooked up a pair of speakers with audio ports of their own into the back, and it works pretty well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516034/audio-jack-giving-out-muffled-bad-quality-sound/
Relevancy 68.8%

About one week ago from today's date my computer automatically updated from W 10 Upgrade Terrible Windows / Sound Quality - Audio to Windows 10 Upgrade / Audio Sound - Terrible Quality W and since Windows 10 Upgrade / Audio Sound - Terrible Quality then the audio speaker sound quality has noticeable nbsp dissipated nbsp Previously I enjoyed a listening to music with a stereo sound quality and since the update the sound quality mimics a transistor radio AM nbsp I have went into the device manager scanned for hardware updates uninstalled and reinstalled the driver changed the sample rate and bit depeth within the Playback devices tab reached out to MS for answers nbsp Unfortunately nothing is working and I believe the solution is to update the sound card from the Manufacturer nbsp I have input my model type in the HP support and driver download section but I do not know which specific software to choose nbsp Also I have referred to my HP assistant icon and it tells me everything is update to date for my device nbsp Hopefully someone out there with experience can give me the proper directions to solve the issue I have searched the HP support forum and I see there are others who have had a similar experience nbsp Thank you in advance nbsp JS nbsp

A:Windows 10 Upgrade / Audio Sound - Terrible Quality

Hi: Here is the link to the W10 audio driver from your PC's support page.  Install and restart the PC. This package provides the Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system. File name: sp71717.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Windows-10-Upgrade-Audio-Sound-Terrible-Quality/td-p/5785409
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello humans.

I occasionally listen to online radio stations on winamp with no problem. I know the kbps before I load up the station so I accept whatever I get. Some of it is pretty decent quality.

But the website broadcasts of my local Houston radio stations always have a tinny sound to them, so I don't listen, which is a shame because I'd like to take advantage of having it on my computer with its sound setup instead of turning my stereo on.

Is there any way to improve this quality on my side, or is that just how everyone is going to hear it who listens online? I can't imagine anyone wanting to listen to it that way unless it's on small, low quality speakers played at a low volume. Like listening to it at work in a cubicle.

EDIT: This might be better suited for the Audio/Video section. My apologies if that's so.

A:Improve Radio Broadcast Quality?

Hi Charger.
What you hear is what you get. Stations using a very low bit rate stream produce low quality audio. There is nothing you can do on your end to control that. The stations need to clean up their act.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/93713/improve-radio-broadcast-quality/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi, guys. I'm looking for some explanations. My main question is how to improve the quality of flv video file.

Can I use flv converter 7 for that? I saw several options there:
- video window (that can vary from 400x300 to 768x576 pixels);
- video bitrate (that vary from 96 to 1200 Kbps);
- video frame rate (that vary from 8 to 30 fps).
How to use these options to make a quality of the flv video better? For example, is the quality of the video better if the video is 768x576 pixel than if it is 400x300 pixels? Is the quality of the video better if video bitrate is 1200 Kbps than if it is 96 Kpbs? Is it better if frame rate is 30 than if it is 8 fps?

Thank you for your explanations and your time.

Relevancy 68.8%

Hi,

Absolute novice here in the multimedia platfrom so I need some advice with my now painfully obvious mistakes!

I recently captured some old 8mm camcorder tape and burned to dvd (1st attempt). It seems that in the first few weeks of owning a camcorder, I recorded footage with an 'animation' feature switched on.

The result is a sometimes fuzzy/wavey type of output which I was wondering if I could clean up/sharpen the file after capture, if so, what software could I use?

Also, the audio is slightly out of sync but the instructions of the capture decive I used (Tevion DVD MAKER) says the DVD settings are predifined and must not be changed.

I just wondered if I should try and change the frame rate-maybe toggle between NTSC and PAL system settings?

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Relevancy 68.37%

HP ENVY TouchSmart -j nr Notebook PC ENERGY STAR Model E A UAWhen Windows was giving a free low not ... Poor working Envy sound, HP 21 quality, Audio Beats Windows upgrade from I upgraded Since then I have had very low sound from only the front speakers near my wrists and low quality like they are from a really old game boy Beats Audio does not work and there are no drivers for it I have scoured the internet for a solution HP Envy 21 Poor quality, low sound, Beats Audio not working ... to my problem but I have not found one I have checked every other week researching I've been in the properties and drivers I even did a Windows Update at the time of installation and have kept it current to see if there is a fix to no avail nbsp HP Doesn't find any updated drivers for my computer for audio Beats Audio has no software or drivers for my computer either Again I have not found the same problem with a solution None have worked so far Please help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP-Envy-21-Poor-quality-low-sound-Beats-Audio-not-working/td-p/5853845
Relevancy 68.37%

i've run out of space in my pc and flash drives to store anymore files so im using my mp3 player. question is, will storing tehm in it lower the sound quality when i move the audio files back on my pc?

A:Can storing audio files on a mp3 player lower the sound quality?

If the files are simply copied across without any conversion, then no, you won't lose any quality.

If the files are converted to a lower quality format when they are transferred to the mp3 player, eg .wav files to .mp3, or high bitrate mp3 to lower bitrate, then the sound quality will be lower, and cannot be recovered from the converted files if the higher quality originals are deleted.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/201156/can-storing-audio-files-on-a-mp3-player-lower-the-sound-quality/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi All

i am at the end of my tether with this machine. the sound quality is terrible. the only way i can hear anything is if i am in a silent room and then its difficult to hear. i bought the laptop brandnew so i doubt its the speakers as the sound as always been this bad. i have updated my drivers and still my audio is woeful. please help!

regards

Rich

A:poor sound quality Lenovo Ideapad Conexant Audio HD

Originally Posted by mightycee79

Hi All

i am at the end of my tether with this machine. the sound quality is terrible. the only way i can hear anything is if i am in a silent room and then its difficult to hear. i bought the laptop brandnew so i doubt its the speakers as the sound as always been this bad. i have updated my drivers and still my audio is woeful. please help!

regards

Rich

Hi,
Welcome to the forums, you could try installing Dolby Home Theatre 4, installation instructions are in this link:https://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/attach...eater%20v4.pdf
HTH.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/51771-poor-sound-quality-lenovo-ideapad-conexant-audio-hd.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi, I just bought a Logitech ClearChat Pro USB headset, and the voice quality isn't that great. I was wondering, does anyone know any tips to improve quality on a headset? Thanks

A:Tips to improve microphone quality on a USB headset

If the headset sounds significantly worse than the speakers with the same settings there may not be much to do except get a better headset. Otherwise if there's an equalizer built into the audio subsystem somewhere or in the media software that may be in use, sometimes small adjustments there make a big difference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tips-to-improve-microphone-quality-on-a-usb-headset.729949/
Relevancy 67.94%

What settings can I adjust to improve/maximize video quality on a laptop running Windows Vista? (What should the settings be to maximize video quality?) Thanks.

Relevancy 67.94%

HELP Please :D

Hoping someone might be able to help here - lost all sound (Realtek HD audio) Ive removed the driver and reinstalled it via windows update with no luck - every so often i get really light sound can just hear it but usually is nothing at all - any ideas on what to do next? this happened the same day as itunes died - i fixed that by uninstall and reinstall but the sound no luck?

Realtek manager is set on speakers - all seems ok volumes full and no mutes?

Updated directx did nothing lol - now i did my mistake pres F6 a heap of times the other night now i believe this could be releated to sound (but on wind 7 and im using xp)

So im wondering if i did something with that F6 key and now how to restore it back to normal?

A:Realtek HD Audio No Sound

I would uninstall all sound/audio controllers reflected in Device Manager...reinstall the chipset driver for the motherboard/system...then reinstall the audio driver package.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/417694/realtek-hd-audio-no-sound/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi,
I seem to have a problem
My sound did work but suddenly stopped everything says its still working there are no mutes or anything, ive been to other sites to get help but all there options didnt work like restoring defaults, using a restore points to when the sound worked.
The restore point did work on startup but then sound dissapeared again after that.
when i got to my Realtek audio manager i can test my sound and works perfectly fine but when i want audio on like my music films games it doesnt work. i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem before a found a solution.
many websites i have visited have all been about the same OS i have and thats windows vista basic perhaps something is wrong with windows vista =S anyways please write back and all comment are appriciated
paul

A:Realtek HD audio, no sound

have you tried un-installing & re-insatalling the sound driver?

update your windows after re-installing the sound driver.

if that didnt worked:

click Start > Run then type dxdiag & hit enter.

a dxdiagnostic tool screen will open,

at the lower part of the screen,click "save all informations".

a report will be generated in notepad,save it to your desktop

and attach the file/report to your next reply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-hd-audio-no-sound.116154/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hey all I bought a new computer with this configuration INTEL G Mhz asrockIntel Dual-Core E - GHZ- MB- Bad from Audio sound Realtek HD FSB NmMemory GB Kingstononboard Sound card Realtek High Definition AudioI installed Windows Vista Business x bit and everything is working properly except the sound card I can hear music but it sounds so Bad sound from Realtek HD Audio bad I have front and rear speakers that worked great with my old computer also with onboard realtek sound card so I guess the speakers are Bad sound from Realtek HD Audio not the problem Let me tell you exactely how the sound sounds like I put Madonna Fever song which is a good one MP and I bearly hear her voice when her background vocals start screaming I can hear them bettter the the main vocal It's like the front speakers and the rare swithced but they didn't - from the Realtewk Audio Manager when I test the sound everything is ok I mean the front sound comes from the front speakers and the rare sound from the rare ones I also tried to change the speaker configuration from speakers to stereo and to quadraphonic but the sound is the same - only background voices Does anyone had this problem before I'm going to a lab to check this problem but before that I decided to write this post here I don't know if it Vista problem Ddriver problem hardware problem or software problem any Ideas I'm desperate Thanks Roy

A:Bad sound from Realtek HD Audio

Hello Roy.

I have the same onboard audio (or close) and it works great for me. Try opening up the settings, and setting the rear speaker to the front speakers. That might help. Also open up the equalizer, and check the settings. Make sure that it is one of the preset settings. I would also check to make sure it is plugged in correctly. They are all colour coded so it should be easy. Let us know what works.

~Lordbob

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/208309-bad-sound-realtek-hd-audio.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Everytime I restart my PC I get prompted with Welcome to the Found New Hardware Wizard trying to help me install:

RealTek AC'97 Audio

I currently dont have any sound and im guessing I need to download the driver again. Not sure what happened. The problem is I get led to many sites that I either cant download the driver or I end up downloading some stupid diagnostic program. Even the download from CNET ended up in a temporary blue screen/recover from a serious error. Little help please.

Relevancy 67.94%

Ok, for some reason every once in a while my music just sounds...bad. Like, almost scratchy. I was wondering what could cause this, I'm pretty sure it's not my speakers, they've treated me well and I think they'd just die if anything happened to them. I have the latest drivers for my onboard sound, the connections are solid as well. Any ideas? Time to just get a sound card?

Relevancy 67.94%

I just installed Windows 7 on my Acer Aspire E380 desktop. I have tried downloading and installing newest drivers, and still am unable to get sound. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still no sound. I have checked in device manager and everything says the driver is working properly. I have also checked to make sure I have the most up to date driver installed, and still no sound. I have a Realtek High Defininition Audio card that came installed factory on the computer.

And of course I have checked to make sure I have all wires hooked up correctly.

Please someone help!

A:Realtek audio, no sound, need help!

Quote: Originally Posted by JimBobby

I just installed Windows 7 on my Acer Aspire E380 desktop. I have tried downloading and installing newest drivers, and still am unable to get sound. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still no sound. I have checked in device manager and everything says the driver is working properly. I have also checked to make sure I have the most up to date driver installed, and still no sound. I have a Realtek High Defininition Audio card that came installed factory on the computer.

And of course I have checked to make sure I have all wires hooked up correctly.

Please someone help!

Hi and welcome

Ny chance you could snip a snapshot fo the dontrol panel. Use the snipping tool buint in win 7 by typing snipping tool in search. Upload it to us using teh attachment icon

see pic

Ken J++

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/41695-realtek-audio-no-sound-need-help.html
Relevancy 67.94%

The sound on my husband s laptop went out suddenly a while back and I ve been trying to Audio No HD Realtek sound, troubleshoot the problem He has a Toshiba Satellite A D running No sound, Realtek HD Audio Windows Vista Home Premium with Realtek High Definition Audio I ve obviously checked all of the volume controls to make sure they are on No sound, Realtek HD Audio and turned up I ve also tried plugging No sound, Realtek HD Audio in external speakers but those don t work either In the control panel under sound it shows a green checkmark showing that the Realtek Digital Output is working It also shows what appears to be a sound meter with green bars and they do fluctuate when I try to play something yet still no real sound In the device manager it shows that quot This device is working properly quot I ve attempted to update the device driver but when I do it states that the latest version is already installed I ve also gone into the setup utility and chose F to restore to the default settings Any other suggestions I ve primarily used Mac computers for the last few years so bear with me nbsp

A:No sound, Realtek HD Audio

Hi guys i am also facing same problem can any one help us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-realtek-hd-audio.967332/
Relevancy 67.94%

I have not been hear for a while which is a good thing isn't it No Realtek audio HD from sound But now I have a problem My system Windows Home Premium bit SP CPU intel Pentium GHz Mother board Intel DH CR GB RAM DDR Graphics Intel HD Audio Realtek High Definition Audio I have Realtek High Definition Audio which has worked for No sound from Realtek HD audio years on my computer until the other day I noticed it after Windows did its second Tuesday update Realtek High Definition audio in the Device Manger has the yellow No sound from Realtek HD audio explamation mark by it and the Device status says Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged or that might be malicious software from an unknown source Code I ran the Update driver function and it comes back and says the driver is up to date I also used the browse function for up dating and selected the same driver that is installed and I get this driver is not recommended because it can not be verified that it is compatable with your hardware ect Windows trouble shooter can not find a problem When I open sound in the control panel it says No audion devices installed I did a system restore to a point prior to the Tuesday Windows update and the yellow explmation mark was gone so I checked if I had sound by using the Change System Sounds and it did work Next day I am back to no sound I found and ran the Microsoft Fixit audio playback trouble shooter --- it came back and said we detected some problems with your system and were unable to apply fixes The Driver software Installation program ran as a result of running the Fixit at least I persum that is why it ran and said it was installing software for the Realtek HD audio but that FAILED It recommended consulting the device manufactureer but the Realtek site is no use They have a driver update program you can down load but it did not mention an audio driver in the that was out dated or missing But even if it did mention the audio driver you have to pay for the program to really use it I also ran the Windows Add HardWare Wizard selected the driver that was listed for Realtek HD audio in Device Manager It went through the motions of installing the sofware and completed but when Device Manager is checked there is now TWO Realtek High Definition audios listed both with the yellow exclamation mark I also ran scan sfc scannow but it found nothing wrong I did think about uninstalling the Windows updates but I am worried something else might go wrong if I did Any one have any ideas After posting I simply searched using the driver listed in Device Manager Came up with a newer driver and ran the install After completion I checked the Device Manager and the yellow exclamation mark was gone I went to the Change System Sounds feature but could not test a sound grayed out went back to Device Manager and there was the yellow exclamation mark Can any one come up with a cause of this problem

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/605300/no-sound-from-realtek-hd-audio/
Relevancy 67.94%

My last resort though perhaps it should have been the first but I have been all over the web looking for a solution to this problem the problem being no sound Where here I am the - Audio No Realtek HD Sound speaker icon displaying a red cross and when I try to troubleshoot the issue the troubleshooter tells me no speakers or headphones are connected and that is the end of that but still no sound Now it is I have had this machine two months now and there was sound briefly but it was erratic and then I used Windows Media player for the first time and the sound failed Then a Windows update brought the sound back but I would lose it within five minutes of turning the machine on and now no sound at all No Sound - Realtek HD Audio it doesn't even start with sound just silence The machine I got pre owned with no discs as all my funds would allow where I understand it had Vista Home Basic originally installed but now has Win Professional It's a satisfactory machine and Win I like but the sound issue is a bit of well a lot of a problem and so may I ask for guidance on how to repair this issue

A:No Sound - Realtek HD Audio

Well; being without a disc may be a issue in the long term as you may need one at some point so i would try and get a a hold of one. As for the issue at hand. I would go into the device manager in the control panel then go into the system tab; completely remove any and all audio devices listed; reboot; then let windows hopefully re detect and reinstall the sound card and or drivers for it. It will probably ask you to reboot a second time to complete the installation. Hopefully doing this will solve the issue for you. If not, post back and we can go from there. Also; check the realtek support site for driver updates once the card installs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/346516-no-sound-realtek-hd-audio.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I plugged in some speakers to hear better for a movie, and when i took them out my computer had no sound. CHecked all the setting, everything is up and not muted but when i open the control deck it's on zero and if i turn it up, that doea nothing and it goes back to zero if i close it and open it again. In the windows settings, the realtek audio device is set as default, so thats not the problem either. It was working perfectly fine before, but something is wrong. And yes, I tried to restart.

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks,
David

A:No Sound With RealTek Audio, tried EVERYTHING

does your speakers work when they are plugged in again,if so shove the speaker plug in/out rapidly in the socket half a dozen times,any change.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-with-realtek-audio-tried-everything.902676/
Relevancy 67.94%

My Comes HD Realtek Sound and Goes Audio sound Realtek HD Audio Sound Comes and Goes comes and goes on my HP e t Sometimes I get the realtek hd manager icon telling me that the speakers have been plugged in and then second later it tells me they have been unplugged It can keep doing that for minutes until I finally close the message If I go into the audio manager sometimes it recognizes speakers and sometimes it doesn't The 'sound troubleshooter' can't find a solution I've also tried uninstalling the driver and re-installing the new one directly from Realtek's site And I've tried downloading the driver directly from HP's site Nothing has worked so far Even when I try to set my speakers to default when it let's me I don't get sound When I do get sound it doesn't last long After minutes or so the speakers will start to sound like static Any ideas on what could be going on I also tried going into the BIOS settings and changing the onboard audio from automatic to enabled

A:Realtek HD Audio Sound Comes and Goes

Welcome to Sevenforums cth95mustang...

Try to update your driver... go on oficial Thread:

Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/48470-realtek-hd-audio-sound-comes-goes.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Alright, I recently bought a new mother board (Intel LGA 775 Processor Motherboard VIA PT880PRO + VIA 8237) and it has on-board audio. The audio is a Realtek AC'97 audio, I have downloaded the drivers for it, nothing, installed the drivers from the disk, and that help a little, it gave me barely any sound even with my speakers and volume mixer at 100%, but when I could hear sound it sounded like a distant echo. I also have Vista-32 bit, if any of you could help me that would be greatly appreciated.

A:Realtek AC'97 audio for VIA (no sound)

Have you tried with other speakers or headphones?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-ac97-audio-for-via-no-sound.168038/
Relevancy 67.51%

My HP to mode? How screen full in improve video quality pc is less than year old The problem is that when I watch a youtube video or other videos or movies in full screen mode the picture quality is not good not sharp blurry It is sharper when picture is smaller My screen resolution is at the highest now display is x I have been googling this subject for a long time but I cannot find any advice anywhere FYI my computer s graphics are quot Desktop performance for Windows Aero quot and Gaming graphics are quot D business and graphics performance quot I guess it is not the best but I do not know if graphics is the reason the picture movie doesn t look good in full screen My How to improve video quality in full screen mode? friend bought a very basic least expensive lap top and she can watch movies on it in full screen mode in excellent quality SO I wonder what is the problem Do I need to adjust something Do I need to improve graphics How I would appreciate How to improve video quality in full screen mode? your help in this matter nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

Microsoft windows xp
professional
version 2002
service pack2

Computer:intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU
E2220 @2.40GHz
2.39 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM
foxconn mobo
realtek audio driver

i think this problem occured when sp3 was downloaded, but im not sure!
i can get sound when i use my realtek 3D audio demo and that is it. No other system sounds play.
I have uninstalled/re-installed audio drivers, checked and maxed out all sound and audio devices and set default devices an vice verser!!!
i have tried everything to my knowing.
please help

A:No sound unless using my realtek audio demo

You've done everything I would do. Maybe you should reinstall windows and try again with a new install.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-unless-using-my-realtek-audio-demo.800680/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have a problem with the Realtek HD Audio. I just installed Windows 7, and configured my audio settings for all my 4 speakers, 2 front and 2 rear. The test was successful, from Realtek HD Audio Manager.
But I was just playing a song on iTunes and there was no sound coming from the rear speakers. I went opened the Audio manager again and checked the settings, and they were fine. I even tested all four speakers and I could hear those BEEPS or whatever from them, but the song only played through the fron speakers.

I went through forum, and found out there's an update to the driver. I just installed it, but it got worse. It doesn't support the 4 speaker settings, all I see is a speaker setting for STEREO. What do I do now, re-install the old driver again?

And what should I do about no sound coming from my rear speakers?

Thanks guys, and please help! =(

A:Realtek HD Audio No Rear Sound

Hi check to see if you have the latest drivers installed.

Realtek Sound Drivers
Realtek

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/12750-realtek-hd-audio-no-rear-sound.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I just put together a new computer and it works fine and everything except for the audio Windows XP pro I havent updated windows yet as i have not connected the computer to the internet yet Thinking this could be one of the problems I use an Asus A N-E card. No audio Realtek with sound motherboard with a built in realtek sound card First i installed the drivers that were supplied with the mobo plugged in my headphones into the line out no audio I then dl the drivers on my other computer and No audio with Realtek sound card. then installed the up to date drivers and then tried plugging in my headphones into the same light green line out port on the back No audio Tried some speakers to but no audio I checked out the software that comes with the drivers to see what could be done from there The program has this thing where it tries to detect new speakers and headphones The program could not tell if anything was plugged in It kept on saying that it could not detect and to check to make sure everything was connected properly heh Mute is off and the volume is turned up if ur wondering about that thanx in advance for the help nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

Hi.

Tonight, while I had the HD Audio Manager open (checking to see if everything was working correctly, because my daughter's game was not making noise...turned out the game was actually silent; I'd checked sound by playing a song on youtube). She reaches over and clicks something on the mouse, and now, everything that makes sound over the net is silent. I still have computer sounds, and my speakers work when I test them. I have no idea what she clicked. Please, please help.

Thank you in advance.

A:Sound problem with Realtek HD Audio...please help

Try using System Restore to restore to a point before the problem occurred.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-problem-with-realtek-hd-audio-please-help.158189/
Relevancy 67.08%

I had it working last night, I had speakers hooked up, but I moved the computer to it's primary location, and it delivers sound via HDMI cable. When I went clicked on Realtek, it shows it was blank. It gave a message as to why, I forget what it was.

When I go sound, it shows that's it's working because I can see the green line moving up and down. I've tried connecting audio cables from the computer to the TV, which is what is used for monitor. It still didn't work.

I had did updates since last night, not sure if that had anything to do with it.

I have deleted the sound drivers, and tried to reinstall Realtek HD Audio Manager. The sound driver came back (still no sound). but Realtek HD Audio Manger did not come back. I noticed there were two listing under audio/sound. One had a triangle with an exclamation point in it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/388664-no-sound-realtek-hd-audio-manager.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I accidentally deleted my realtek hd audio while I was cleaning my computer downloads, I am trying to redownload but there is always an error [Error Code : 0x00000005] I don't know what is happening please help thanks

A:No Sound-Cant download any realtek hd audio

Can you take a screenshot of what is under the "Sound, video and game controller" tab in device manager? That will better help to diagnose the issue. If you need help getting to device manager, just respond and I will tell you how to.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-cant-download-any-realtek-hd-audio.204688/
Relevancy 67.08%

So I just installed audio sound Realtek upgrade 10 HD after non win windows on my Asus N SL previously running windows for the most part it works great however I am having trouble getting sound to play I have tried installing the latest realtek HD audio drivers but Realtek HD audio non sound after win 10 upgrade thishas not helped at all I have found that if I plug in headphones to the output jack of the computer I can hear sound and have found that if I roll back drivers then it works however my computer keeps automatically installing the realtek driver again Have no idea what to do and am hoping someone here could help I tried contacting asus but they were very vague and basically just said there may be an update soon that could fix it wit windows they give you an option to switch back to windows in the first month so I'd prefer to solve this problem before the chance to go back to windows disappears I'm really liking windows and would prefer to stick with it

A:Realtek HD audio non sound after win 10 upgrade

Make sure you have the speakers set as the default playback device. You can also try and download the drivers directly from Realtec.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/10067-realtek-hd-audio-non-sound-after-win-10-upgrade.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Have reinstalled Vista and Realtek HD Adio drivers. From the realtek panel I can test the speakers and get sound from my 5 speakers. I can't however get any sound from any software WMP, youtube etc.

A:No sound from speakers - Realtek Audio

I can also hear audio if I plug in headphones. My computer (MD 8833) manufacturer Medion can offer no help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-from-speakers-realtek-audio.115601/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello,

I am in dire straits. After updating my graphics card drivers on my Nvidia GeForce 9300 GE, I found i had no sound and also the Realtek HD Audio Manager was MIA. As of right now, my system says the the manager doesn't exist, as if i had deleted it. I have tried everything from updating my sound drivers to reinstalling my old graphics drivers. Nothing has worked. This is my last hope before i lose it and chuck this computer out the door.

A:No sound and no Realtek HD Audio Manager...

Have you tried a System Restore to a point before the graphics driver update?

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/288784-no-sound-no-realtek-hd-audio-manager.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I just reinstalled windows and installed the latest realtek from here

Realtek

I checked my playback devices, and it shows a green bar going up and down indicating that the sound should be working, but i can't here jack.

If i switch my sound in playback devices to my 42 inch flat screen, sound comes threw fine... i HIGHLY doubt my speakers are broken as they were working before i reinstalled windows.

Can anyone solve my problem!? oh and the title is funky so people will have an easier time finding this solution with a google search. That is if my problem is solved.

A:Realtek Audio Windows 7 No Sound

Quote: Originally Posted by Blaziner

I just reinstalled windows and installed the latest realtek from here

Realtek

I checked my playback devices, and it shows a green bar going up and down indicating that the sound should be working, but i can't here jack.

If i switch my sound in playback devices to my 42 inch flat screen, sound comes threw fine... i HIGHLY doubt my speakers are broken as they were working before i reinstalled windows.

Can anyone solve my problem!? oh and the title is funky so people will have an easier time finding this solution with a google search. That is if my problem is solved.

Welcome to SevenForums.

Control Panel | be sure that small icons are selected and choose Troubleshooting | Hardware and Sound | top two items are audio playback and audio record

You can go to the FixIt Solution Center to locate a FixIt for your problem.

Microsoft Fix it Solution Center: troubleshooting software issues

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/177836-realtek-audio-windows-7-no-sound.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi everyone I am having issues with 32-bit using NO sound Realtek HD Windows audio 7 my sound built in and has been trying to fix this for over months now Here are the details of the problem No sound after installing Windows bit Ultimate or probably after installing the NVIDIA GT Video Card still using VGA as my monitor only supports VGA BIOS Shows Azalia in Southbridge Audio Controller Below that it shows HD Audio If set to this -- error in windows is quot no device is plugged in quot If I change HD Audio to AC Windows will be able to detect my headset but no sound output Windows Environment AC' bios setting Under playback the green bar is showing activity NO sound Windows 7 32-bit using Realtek HD audio as I play an audio file yet no audio output I checked Device Manager and driver installed is Realtek HD Audio Supplied by Windows same as the GT drivers which was automatically supplied by Windows upon installation Steps Taken Try to uninstall the VC to isolate problem still no sound Uninstall and reinstall Audio Driver no sound Updated drivers Windows has the most updated driver Manual update still no progress Tried install AC' Realtek test build so to install the drivers still shows HD Audio Used Driver Max to update drivers still nothing I have magic jack USB and when I play a game while someone is using the phone there is sound output on the handset Updated Nvidia drivers still no sound CHeck headset and it works with my laptop Tried connecting to back panel still no sound I was planning to buy a USB headset or a NO sound Windows 7 32-bit using Realtek HD audio jack-USB converter but it's expensive and the jack-USB is nowhere to be found PLEASE advise if you have any suggestion thanks Karl

A:NO sound Windows 7 32-bit using Realtek HD audio

Hello and welcome Karl mate as a general rule I like to download drivers from the manufacturers in preference to Windows information.

I would try the audio and chipset drivers from here if you haven't done them already.

P5KPL SE - Motherboards - ASUS

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/292687-no-sound-windows-7-32-bit-using-realtek-hd-audio.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hey guys,

I'm confused as to the reason why this occurs but when I run games like Crysis Warhead, Hellgate London, Doom 3, and even Diablo II LoD, the music is annoyingly choppy and this has not changed even after installing the latest driver from Realtek's website.

I noticed the problem happening after I installed the 64-bit driver for my GTX260 core 216 (186.83 and up). I currently have driver 190.63 from nvidia, and I am running Windows 7 64-Bit RC.

Please help?

A:I get really choppy sound on my Realtek HD audio

Hey X, how are ya?,
unfortunately i have heard this a number of times, and the answer might be a compatibility issue as you are running the RC version of 7, one of the pitfalls. are you running just 7?, or dual booting with Vista or XP?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-get-really-choppy-sound-on-my-realtek-hd-audio.135692/
Relevancy 67.08%

I use Logitch Z-5500 speakers (two front, one center, two rear, boombox). The optical cable is connected to an ASUS P5K motherboard.

I have the Realtek HD Audio Manager (6.0.1.7535). At times when I click the tray icon, I see a full panel of options (e.g. Sound Effect, Equalizer, Volume, etc.). But none of the controls do anything at all.

At other times when I click that icon, I only see this message: "You are seeing a blank page because there is no audio devices plugged in the system. To activate GUI please plug an audio device into the system."

I generally use the PLII Music or Movie Effect. Stereo or Stereo 2 only provides sound from the two front speakers.

What is going on? I know I need a 5.1 source (e.g. DVD) for true 5.1 sound, but what is the best setup to use in other situations (e.g. MP3s, YouTube, etc)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/388941-have-sound-but-realtek-hd-audio-manager-does-almost-nothing.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hey guys

I tried to google the problem and I didnt find any solution so im doing this thread

After I updated realtek audio (my driver were from 2012-2013 I dont remember exactly) but anyways after I updated them my sound gone i dont know why and when I plug microphone it wont notificate so please is there any solution ?

(Sorry for bad english)

A:No sound after realtek audio update

try rolling back the driver and see if it works

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/378884-no-sound-after-realtek-audio-update.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I have a PC with a Gigabyte G M-ES C motherboard running Windows Home Premium bit with the Realtek HD Audio Codec ALC I normally have stereo speakers plugged into the rear green jack and they have been working fine up Manager - HD Audio sound Realtek No until today For first time today I tried to use the front audio out green jack I bought a headphone mic headset Firstly I played a music track in WMP and swapped the speaker cable from the rear jack to the front green jack but I didn t get any audio out of the front jack I think I then returned the speaker cable back to the rear green jack and then discovered that I had lost the sound from the rear also To work out what was going on I went to the Realtek HD Audio Manager Realtek HD Audio Manager - No sound in Control Panel The driver was Ver The Realtek HD Audio Manager wasn t recognizing the headphones plugged into the front or rear green jacks The only tab available in the Audio Manager was the Digital Output tab In an initial attempt to resolve the problem I uninstalled the Realtek drives through Control Panel Programs amp Features After rebooting and playing another track I got the speaker sound back from the rear jack but the front still didn t work Then I installed the latest Realtek HD Audio System Software Ver R incorporating driver Ver downloaded from Gigabyte After rebooting and playing a new tune I still had no sound from the front headphone jack But when I plugged the speaker cable back into the rear jack I had sound In the Realtek HD Audio Manager quot Speaker s quot tab I noticed that if the mouse was placed over the ANALOG quot Back Panel quot green jack icon which was highlighted it displayed a text box with quot Front Speaker Out Speakers quot Right-clicking on this quot Back Panel quot green jack icon allowed selection of the quot Connector Retasking option This brought up a list of options to indicate which jack the speakers were plugged into However it showed incorrectly that the speakers were plugged into the front jack After changing the selection to quot Rear Speaker Out quot and clicking OK the sound was cut off from the rear jack to which the speakers were plugged into Changing the selection back to quot Front Speaker Out quot and clicking OK reinstated the audio from the rear jack Plugging the headphones into the front jack did not produce sound and did not mute the rear jack audio as it should given the other settings Has anyone had a similar problem and found a solution Lampet

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/364049/realtek-hd-audio-manager-no-sound/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi,

I'm just wondering if buying a better video card for the PC will improve the quality of the picture on my plasma??

I'm not sure if it is a Hi-Def plasma but the quality just looks poor when the image is being sent from the PC.

The quality is quite good when a DVD is being played.

Any help would be great.Thanks in advance.

Regards

Steve

Relevancy 66.22%

Hello,

I can't install the latest Realtek High Definition Audio Driver WDM_R236 on a Windows XP Pro Machine. The integrated soundcard is Realtek ALC880.
I also have an ATI video card and the ATI HDMI driver installed. Both devices say that they're working properly however there is no sound device under sounds and audio devices properties. There are two instances of Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the drivers several times and tried many solutions but nothing has worked. I currently don't have sound. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A:No Sound Realtek High Definition Audio

integrated soundcard did you go to the mother boards manufacturer site to get the drivers?
for the onboard audio Realtek ALC880.
if you downloaded the sound card drivers probably won't work..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-realtek-high-definition-audio.877627/
Relevancy 66.22%

so i cant get my sound to split through the rear speakers, and when i test my speakers on the audio manager only the front two respond!
any suggestions on how to fix the problem?
i'm using xp as well
cheers

A:Spliting sound in Realtek HD audio manager

what audio codec do you use?

is it onboard sound or a PCI sound card?

how many sound outputs do you have on your onboard or PCI sound card?

make & model,how many channel formats?

we need some more informations & specifications as well

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/spliting-sound-in-realtek-hd-audio-manager.100580/
Relevancy 66.22%

I recently installed Sound Forge Pro 10 onto my computer that uses Realtek HD Audio.

In its Options I can select - Microsoft Sound Mapper, Direct Sound Surround Mapper, Windows Classic Wave Driver and ASIO4ALL V2.

From the Realtek Manager I can select and record from - Microphone, Line In and Aux but there is no way I can select the output directly from the sound card. e.g. what is playing on my web browser. There is only silence.

Am I missing something or is this not possible with Realtek HD Audio Manager?

A:Realtek HD Audio not recording sound from browser

I think you are referring to the 'Stereo Mix' audio device.

Try this:

Control Panel > Sound
go to the 'Recording' tab
Where it lists the recording devices, right click in an open area and make sure that "show disabled devices" is checked, and see if Stereo Mix pops up.

If it does, then right-click > Enable, and select that as device to record from.
If it does NOT, I'm both surprised and sorry to say that I can't help you with that.

Note: Stereo mix is the COMPLETE output of your computer, so that includes things like Skype, beeps, pings, Media Player and so on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-hd-audio-not-recording-sound-from-browser.169357/
Relevancy 66.22%

Can somebody give me some pointers with this issue.

Volume mixer shows sound (moving band), the test system in realtek works. Devices are enabled, but no sound actually comes out the speakers (except for the realtek test noises).

Any clues? Thanks

A:Realtek HD Audio manager not delivering the sound

Hi tyoll,

We can try few troubleshooting steps to check if issue gets resolved:

1. Run the Windows Audio Playback Diagnose and Repair from the below Microsoft FIX-IT link: Automatically diagnose and fix Windows audio playback problems
2. Download and Install the Latest Audio Drivers.
3. Perform System Restore (only if Software Configuration Changes were made).

NOTE: With system restore you will not lose any data from the computer, any new programs installed in the computer you would need to reinstall the programs back on the computer.

Please post back with the results.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/298497-realtek-hd-audio-manager-not-delivering-sound.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I'm pulling my hair out over this one so if anyone has any idea please please let me hear them I have the following setup Windows Pro sound using programs. two 889 when audio - dies HD RealTek x Intel DP WG mobo w onboard RealTek HD Driver Version from RealTek MSI Nvidia GTX Just using normal analog speakers or headphones audio works as expected I can play WoW Rift a number of other games iTunes play a DVD whatever - it all works fine and as expected I can do this for hours and hours with no issues When I try to run any RealTek HD 889 - sound dies when using two audio programs. TWO or more programs that use audio at the same time like vent and a game or a game and iTunes for example after a random amount of time the audio to the speakers will just cut out - like it's muted This happens with headphones or normal stereo speakers plugged into the rear analog jack I have not tested with any other speaker setups as I don't have any right now Here is some of the troubleshooting I've done - There are no error messages in any system logs - The mixer acts like nothing is wrong you can see audio levels playing adjust sound level etc but nothing comes out of the speakers - If I put the machine into sleep mode or reboot it the sound starts working again - While the audio is quot cut out quot the mic still works people in skype or vent can still hear me but I can not hear them - I can also quot monitor quot the mic and it outputs the mic sound to my speakers - I've uninstalled reinstalled drivers I've tried older drivers and the newest drivers and all the drivers between - Tested with the HDMI audio output devices both Disabled and Enabled no change - Tested with the Digital output enabled disabled no change - In the driver tried testing with the quot Allow RealTek HD 889 - sound dies when using two audio programs. applications to take exclusive control of this device quot checked and unchecked no change - Restarting the Windows Audio Services has no effect or changes the state Only sleep mode or hard reboot makes it start working again - Tried unplugging and replugging in the speakers and or headphones swapping them out etc no change to the state of the output of audio This is the most insane frustrating PC issue I've ever had to troubleshoot

A:RealTek HD 889 - sound dies when using two audio programs.

I know right?!?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/190448-realtek-hd-889-sound-dies-when-using-two-audio-programs.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I am posting because I am having trouble getting my system to work with my Acer Aspire laptop the way I want it to My laptop is connected to my receiver by HDMI but Realtek HD Audio Manager only supports stereo sound I have attached a screenshot Sound only comes out of the front L and R speakers I understand that music is only mixed in -channel stereo but I have six speakers and I want sound to come out of them When I test the speakers in Windows control panel I can confirm that all of them are working I have attached a screenshot of that too I tried installing the Realtek HD audio driver from the Acer website and it didn't fix the problem Also I'm not sure how to find out what my sound card is If someone who is more familiar with this Difficulty HD Realtek Audio sound, 5.1 with Manager sort of thing could help me with that I would appreciate it Edit Notice the two speakers shown in the screenshot of Realtek HD Audio Manager When Difficulty with 5.1 sound, Realtek HD Audio Manager I click on these to test sound comes from the laptop speakers not my set

A:Difficulty with 5.1 sound, Realtek HD Audio Manager

Tpaign, welcome to the Seven Forums.

part of the problem is that the HDMI audio has nothing to do with the onboard Realtek, it is actually part of the integrated HD 4250 video and requires the AMD/ATI video driver to be installed which will also install the HDMI audio driver. You should be able to use the latest directly from AMD for it,

Latest AMD Catalyst Video Driver for Windows 7

but if not grab the latest one from Acer that says it is for the HD 6650M/6850M, as it also has support in it for the video in your laptop.

P.S. For what it is worth the audio built into the onboard video is also Realtek based, but as far as I know doesn't work with the reference Realtek driver, and only works with the one included with the video driver or the one directly from Realtek that specifies support for AMD/ATI HDMI audio,

Realtek

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/178770-difficulty-5-1-sound-realtek-hd-audio-manager.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello I have this internal sound card in my system which more or HD Realtek stuttering (ALC1200), Audio sound less works as expected However there seem to be a few programs where the audio is stuttering crackling One is the PPSSPP emulator another one is Beepola cross-tracker I suppose there might be more of them which I haven't found yet Now I've noticed a weird pattern in that with both of these programs the sound only comes out distorted if there's NO hard disk activity If say I try to unzip a large archive copy some files or Realtek HD Audio (ALC1200), sound stuttering simply view the properties of a folder with lots of files subfolders the audio becomes OK as long as the hdd is busy Here's why I think it must be sound card related I've been using an 'external' SB Live Realtek HD Audio (ALC1200), sound stuttering card until recently and never had this problem at least I know for a fact that Beepola used to work just fine all the time regarding PPSSPP I haven't tried it with SB Live but from the fact that the stuttering is similarly alleviated when the hdd is active I assume it has to be the same issue It can't be CPU either I believe because taskbar shows minimal activity in both cases The PC is rather old ASUS P Q motherboard Intel Core Windows XP Realtek drivers are of version downloaded from ASUS so it's not the latest version but the latest one has this issue as well Some things I've tried - Measuring latency with DPC Latency Checker didn't show anything suspicious with mostly low values of - in the green - Checking for a possible IRQ conflict Microsoft UAA bus driver is using IRQ and it's not used by anything else - Checking sample rate bit depth compatibility seems to be OK for as high as Hz bit Logically there has to be some sort of difference between the 'normal' and the 'problematic' programs in how they are doing the audio I wonder is there exists some tool that could help investigating the exact manner in which an application interacts with the sound interface drivers Anyone else had this problem Can you suggest something

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/599348/realtek-hd-audio-alc1200-sound-stuttering/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi,

I have already done a search on this forum to see if anyone has been having a similar problem and many do, but so far no suggestions have helped me......

My problem is I have an Acer 6920G laptop running Windows 8 (and 7 on another drive) and no matter which Realtek audio drivers I use, I cannot get 5.1 digital output sound to my Creative Inspire 5.1 system. I have the correct optical cable (which worked fine on Windows 7) and I am currently using Realtek v2.70 HD Audio drivers. When I select the digital output, I can only select properties and not configuration (which is greyed out) and therefore this is no option to setup a 5.1 speaker configuration.

If I use the internal speakers built-in to the laptop (for 5.1 sound) I have no problems, but not with the external speakers.

Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jez

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/9390-realtek-hd-audio-5-1-sound-problem-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi, anybody know how to record sound with realtek hd audio?? I tried sound recorder in windows but no success?

A:Record sound in windows 7 with realtek hd audio??

What exactly are you trying to do, for instance:

record via microphone, record via line input, record a streaming radio station....

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/121001-record-sound-windows-7-realtek-hd-audio.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I've been using the very awesome program SRS Audio for a long time sound... my takes over Realtek Essentials Audio SRS on my XP machine in conjunction with the band EQ in the onboard Realtek card to get some pretty awesome sound I'm making the jump to soon and I convinced my roomate to let me try seeing if it would work on his newer machine which runs He has an Asus mobo so he has Realtek as well although a version of it that makes mine look pretty ancient Anyways so I got the program loaded onto his comp plugged in my Sennheiser HD Pro's and tweaked the sliders in SRS Audio for a while til I had it close to satisfactory I came across an unfortunate SRS Audio Essentials takes over my Realtek sound... limitation as I said back on my XP machine I could run both SRS and the Realtek EQ to fine-tune the sound On his machine this doesn't seem to be possible as the SRS program takes over the soundcard and moving the sliders and fiddling with the ''Environments'' I usually use Padded Room does nothing to the sound I set the ''Speakers Realtek HD Audio Output'' to default in the GUI and nearly deafened myself lol the sound through it is muddy but within that setting the EQ and stuff actually work and affect the sound I want to know if there's any way to get -both- SRS and the EQ in Realtek to affect the audio Of course I could just use the EQ in Winamp to adjust the bass and treble to my liking but that only affects what comes out of Winamp and I have been very unsuccessful in trying to find a ''Standalone'' EQ software that actually works Can someone here help me

A:SRS Audio Essentials takes over my Realtek sound...

Not all XP audio applications work or work satisfactorily in Vista/Windows 7. Vista/Windows 7 handles some of the audio functions differently. If you want SRS, and have the Vista/Win 7 compatible version, you will have to live with how it works in Vista/Win 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/204513-srs-audio-essentials-takes-over-my-realtek-sound.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a Realtek AC97 Audio soundcard, and am running Windows XP.

One minute my sound is fine, I go and do something (answer some emails, say) and then there are no sounds. This affects MediaPlayer, MSN Messenger, other websites, everything.

A restart usually solves the problem - until the next time!

Anyone got any theories? (I tried updating the driver, but it tells me I already have the latest.)

Relevancy 66.22%

Hey I have an Asus P N-E motherboard with an onboard Realtek HD Audio soundcard I run Windows XP Professional SP My problem is that even though the audio card seems to recognize the microphone When I plug it in it asks me what I plugged in etc but it does not record any sound from it I got the boost on and everything that people have said in threads with similar problems I have CD Volume Line In and Stereo Mix muted in the record part of the mixer and Mic Volume unmuted When I try to record it just hears noise Like when there s no from microphone won't sound Realtek Audio record HD channel on a TV I ve tried latest drivers from Asus website and drivers on the motherboard s driver CD The ones from Asus website was version Another thing worth mentioning is that when I got it the microphone was working fine and the day after it suddenly was not anymore All the same settings nothing changed I know the mic works Sennheiser PC mic cause I tried it Realtek HD Audio won't record sound from microphone on another PC and it worked perfectly That PC has a Realtek AC onboard card nbsp

A:Realtek HD Audio won't record sound from microphone

Ummmm try un-muting line in.. Haven't used my mic in a while but i think you don't want that muted....

and go to Control Panel > sound and Audio and make sure ALL THE MICROPHONE configs in there are correct

ALSO if none of the above work check how it's plugged into your computer, make sure the plugs are in the right spots and re-arrange them and try them.

I have a glitched microphone it has 2 seperate inputs to go into my computer. Only one of them really matters but for some reason my mic won't work unless i have them both in and the main cord in the wrong sockets according to the directions and colors on the plugs....... It took me months to realize this..

I also have AC97 Realtek audio so maybe it's a glitch with them............

Anyways i would say more than likely it is because of your plugs in your computer, if your getting fuzzy sound from your spekaers when speaking into the mic i would definitely look at the plugins.

and if that doesn't work check all microphone and audio configs from your control panel

If your sound works but doesn't read your microphone means your sound card is working fine, your just doing something wrong

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-hd-audio-wont-record-sound-from-microphone.119578/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi,

This is driving me mad now also as soon as I google it there seems to be hundreds of similar problems..

New custom PC and cant get any sound from the rear speaker jack of front headphone jack. Sound is playing as the volume leve indicator is moving up and down and is green yet no sound outputted.

Tested speakers and headphones on another machine.
Re installed the hd audio driver.
Disabled and enabled driver.
Disabled the nvida hdmi sounds drivers.
Made sure the realtek driver is default.
Checked bios has onboard sound turned on.

Now i dont seem to be getting anywhere very annoying. Please help

Many thanks,

adam

A:Realtek HD Audio - No Sound through speakers \ headphones

I just went through this with another user and a Gigabyte motherboard. Never really resolved it as the user didn't want to do a complete reinstall. Everything else had been done and the user still had the problem.

However, lets try on yours.

First thing, go to the Device Manager, RIGHT click on the entry for the RealTek sound and then LEFT click "Uninstall". DO NOT uninstall the drivers. Restart the PC and when Windows starts it will detect and reinstall the sound.

If that does not fix it, uninstall the RealTek in the device manager but ALSO Uninstall the drivers. Then restart and when Windows starts, it will install the sound but it should be with the generic Windows "High Definition Audio Driver". See if the sound works with this configuration. If it does, it sounds like the RealTek driver you have may be corrupt. Download the R2.75 High Definition Codecs driver direct from RealTek and see how that works. www.realtek.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/358755-realtek-hd-audio-no-sound-through-speakers-headphones.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi. I have a problem with the quadraphonic sound in my computer. I've installed Windows 7 RC and the realtek HD audio drivers just yesterday, and when I configure the quadraphonic sound in the Realtek audio manager it seems to work fine. In the tests, the four speakers sound clear, but when I play music on the Windows Media Player or Winamp, or any program or game, it just doesn't recognize the two rear speakers. Please, tell me if there is any other info you need to give me a hand.
Thank you all.
-R

A:Quadraphonic sound issue with Realtek HD audio

Hmm, did you set the sound driver to "speaker fill"? Here is also a plug-in that might help (not sure though)
MP3 Accessories, DFX Audio Enhancer, Best MP3 sound enhancer - FXsound.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/51360-quadraphonic-sound-issue-realtek-hd-audio.html
Relevancy 66.22%

So first of all let me state that everything else is working great Windows is truly a remarkable OS The only thing that doesn't work as it should is the sound I'm using Logitech's X- system When compared to XP the sound is (ALC889A) Low issues sound w/ Audio Realtek HD just Low sound issues w/ Realtek HD Audio (ALC889A) Too low I tried a couple of things various driver versions differently configured sound systems etc The problem doesn't seem to be in the Realtek CP though as when I test the speakers there they work OK a bit lower than in XP I think though but work okay In the Windows Sound Configuration Utilty they seem to work okay as well But in programs like WMP or Helium Music Manager or Media Player Classic or KMPlayer they are just too damn low And even when I configure the programs to work according to the Realtek Audio device then change to say system it doesn't work again I don't have any jack output problems as they work as they should neither do I use full range speakers they are off in both places the Windows thingy and in Realtek But I did update the BIOS of my motherboard last night to F the latest version could this be the problem The update went fine and succeded I loaded Optimized defaults afterwards and I used Q-Flash What else can I try I saw that some of you say that work okay but I didn't find a proper download lnik for that I am now using that I downloaded from Gigabyte's site I also tried the but they didn't work either Can this be solved

A:Low sound issues w/ Realtek HD Audio (ALC889A)

Download the driver from the realtek site for windows 7 that are still in Beta stage. It will fix your problem
Code:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/31252-low-sound-issues-w-realtek-hd-audio-alc889a.html
Relevancy 66.22%

This is the second time this has happened.

My audio is not working. No output at all. My audio card is motherboard integrated. As said in the title, it is Realtek High Definition Audio (Speakers). Like I also said, this is the second time this has happened. Last time, I reinstalled my drivers and I was good to go. This time, however, I have reinstalled the drivers 3 times to no avail. When I plug in headphones and externals speakers, though, the audio works. Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks,
Lucas

A:Realtek High Definition Audio, No Sound

Hello an welcome Shreddie So if they were working what have you done since then? that is different, and where did you download the driver form?

The motherboard too my friend what is that?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/266707-realtek-high-definition-audio-no-sound.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello, I've been looking for a solution to this problem for hours and I can't seem to find anything. I'm trying to keep the 5.1 Surround sound and have my front jacks working so i can use my mic for things without unplugging anything in the back and switching to quad. please help me.

A:Realtek HD Audio 5.1 surround sound plus frontmic?

You haven't listed the exact PC model number or motherboard so I can't directly comment.

However, it sounds like you have one that must use the front panel connections, along with the rear audio connections for 5.1 surround sound. Is this how your system is configured?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/369458-realtek-hd-audio-5-1-surround-sound-plus-frontmic.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Can anyone direct me with a link to downloads for the latest drivers for this sound card?

Relevancy 66.22%

I have been trying desperately to uninstall DTS Sound from my laptop, but to no avail. DTS seems to have come preinstalled onto my computer. I have tried uninstalling the Realtek Audio driver as there is no DTS driver (like I said, preinstalled on the computer), and reinstalled just Realtek. When I do this, DTS automatically takes over once again. How can I seperate DTS from Realtek and then delete it completely? Thanks for the help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Uninstalling-DTS-Sound-from-Realtek-Audio-Drivers/td-p/5756157
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi foums A lot of people seem to have this problem however no solved posts seemed to fix the problem Specs amp Set up OS Windows Ultimate x Motherboard ASUS M A X EVO R Driver Realtek HD R Driver version In order to achieve sound I have the rear speakers connected Audio Realtek settings, Sound but (5.1 5.1 outside) not in HD works to rear speaker out black center sub to center sub out yellow and then the front speakers to Front speaker out green and none connected to side speaker out To the problem The surround sound works perfectly when testing with in the Realtek HD audio manager and also in the Sound configuration However doesnt work anywhere else VLC system sounds etc instead the sound comes from the front speakers only I've tried every setting in VLC but since the doesnt work anywhere outside of configuration I assume that the problem lies somewhere else The settings are set to and through speakers are placed as default all chords are connected and as I wrote the sound works perfectly when testing in settings Does anyone have any idea what the problem is Tomorrow I'm going to try and rollback the drivers but if anyone else has an idea for what I can do please give tips Might it be a windows update issue For what its worth I don't see quot Speaker fill quot option when I go into Settings gt 5.1 Sound Realtek HD Audio (5.1 works in settings, but not outside) Sound gt Speaker Properties gt Enhancements this has been listed as a solution for this problem but I can't find it Sorry for the disjointed descriptions and I hope that my predicament is comprehensible my only excuse is that I'm incredibly tired

A:5.1 Sound Realtek HD Audio (5.1 works in settings, but not outside)

Tsuun,

Are you using VLC for a specific reason? If everything works with your system check then it would seem you have a codec conflict. VLC is very good, and uses it's own codecs, but if you can play it without it then I would.

Is this a movie or audio file you are trying to play that does not work?

I ask because if you have working sound within windows, you can add codecs to continue using your default sound. I have used shark007 codec pack without any problems, plays all video and music files with not issue.

Shark Codec

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/292193-5-1-sound-realtek-hd-audio-5-1-works-settings-but-not-outside.html
Relevancy 66.22%

i've no 5.1 sound, only 2way
i have last driver..
how i can resolve..
internet is full peolple with this issue.

A:i've no 5.1 sound and using latest Realtek audio driver

Select 5.1 sound.
Go to Environment and select Room.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/184021-ive-no-5-1-sound-using-latest-realtek-audio-driver.html
Relevancy 66.22%

All of a sudden my sound from the internal speakers stopped working on my Acer Aspire S5.  In device manager I see this message: Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.     Has anyone encountered this?  how was is resolved?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:my realtek audio speakers are not emitting sound

I reinstalled the driver and it is working.  thanks!

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/my-realtek-audio-speakers-are-not-emitting-sound/td-p/458714
Relevancy 65.79%

I uninstalled my Realtek High Definition Audio through Device Manager thinking that it would solve the "Thread Exception Not Handled" problem.

Now I can't hear any sound from my speaker or laptop except when I'm using a headphone. I tried installing the Realtek HD audio codec but it doesn't work. everytime I do, i see blue screen and that thread exception error. i've tried 32bits and 64bits. neither of them works.

I even tried System Restore but there is point to return to although I'm pretty sure I've created a few in the past. Pretty help please? Appreciate it.

A:Realtek HD Audio Not Working. Tried Reinstalling but Failed. No Sound Now.

when i tried installing the realtek driver, it says "no driver was supported in this driver package"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/realtek-hd-audio-not-working-tried-reinstalling-but-failed-no-sound-now-878593.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello,

I have a new computer (self-build) with windows7 64bit.
And my sound card doesn't work.
It's the only device that isn't working.
I installed the drivers from my mobo's website: Asrock Fatal1ty P67 Professional.
Cable is connected in lime-green colored jacket.
But it isnīt recognised by Realtek HD audio manager.
Also not by Windows -> Sound, Playback tab, Speakers are greyed out and it says: Not connected.

Help me please.
Btw, the other 5 rear jackets were also not recognised.

Abiram26

Relevancy 65.79%

Hi I have installed windows Ultimate bit and sound HDMI from HD Realtek No Audio Nvidia and device have now found I get no sound through the HDMI device I had a simlar issue in Vista and found I had to use an older Nvidia Driver for Geforce GS inorder to get this working with quot Speaker quot as default device However in Windows even using this older driver No sound from HDMI device Nvidia and Realtek HD Audio does not work I have Latest nvidia driver and realtek R drivers installed I have checked various settings in realtek sound manager and audio output devies but no luck Any help will be greatly appreciated No sound from HDMI device Nvidia and Realtek HD Audio Thanks IMG file C Users Amzo AppData Local Temp moz-screenshot png IMG DXDIAG info ------------------ Code System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name AMZO-PC Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit Build win rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer MEDIONPC System Model MS- BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX No sound from HDMI device Nvidia and Realtek HD Audio Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GS Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GS DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model SAMSUNG Monitor Id SAM Native Mode x p Hz Output Type HDMI Driver Name nvd dumx dll nvd dum Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Ex Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd n a WHQL Date Stamp n a Device Identifier D B E E- D - CF-B - B EC C Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x A Driver Strong Name oem inf NVIDIA SetB Devices NTamd Section pci ven de amp dev Rank Of Driver F Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C ModeVC B ModeWMV B ModeVC A ModeWMV A Deinterlace Caps CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoPr... Read more

A:No sound from HDMI device Nvidia and Realtek HD Audio

Are you using the S/PDIF out from realtek to S/PDIF in on your nvidia card?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/33398-no-sound-hdmi-device-nvidia-realtek-hd-audio.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I've been finding a solution for days now and I still haven't found for this. I am using windows 7. I can clearly hear music from my 2 speakers, but when I plug my headphones into the front jack inputs......no sound! in the playback devices,it shows my headphone is not plugged in!! The mic works fine. I have DL'd the latest realtek drivers and made sure all mute's are off but still nothing. If anyone knows how to fix this, you will be a better man than I. thank u in advance

A:No Sound From Headphone Jack With Realtek Hd Audio Device?

hi,

Was your PC built for you or did you buy it in a shop?

If it was built for you, you might want to check that the front panel connectors are connected to the motherboard. I have seen many people forget to do this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-from-headphone-jack-with-realtek-hd-audio-device.146871/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello everyone!

I got my new headphones today, but the sound isn't working. I plugged them into the audio jacks, and realtek audio manager recognized them and said that an audio device has been plugged in. The mic is working fine, its just the headphones that don't work.

The headphones aren't muted, "Realtek digital output" is set as the default device (I'm not sure if that's the headphones, my old headphones broke and I haven't had any for a few months now so I don't remember what it was like before). I've tried inserting them into the audio jacks on the back, but that doesn't work either.

Any suggestions?

I'm on Windows 8.1 64 bit if that matters.

A:Realtek audio manager recognizing headphones but no sound?

Huh, I seem to have fixed it myself. I'll post the answer here just in case anyone is as clueless as me!

I was going through all the devices listed under "playback devices". I right clicked on all and looked at the "jack information" section. I found out the Realtek HD Audio 2nd output was the one that was connected to the front audio jack.

When I connected my headphones to the audio jack, when the Realtek audio manager asks you what type of device it is, I had to click "Headphones" instead of "Line In" like I did with my previous headset.
Then you go into playback devices and set the Reaktek HD Audio 2nd output as your default device. If you're using a program like Skype you might have to go into audio settings in the program and change it there as well.

If you don't have the Realtek HD audio 2nd output in your playback devices: Open the Realtek audio manager, and at the top by the close/minimize button click the settings button. Go into options, and tick "Make front and rear output devices play two different audio streams simultaneously".

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/73181-realtek-audio-manager-recognizing-headphones-but-no-sound.html
Relevancy 65.79%

hi all.
I'm new to this forum and i've recently installed windows 7 ultimate on my MSI vr440 laptop. after installing it i was unable to use my Mic so i installed Realtek HD audio drivers after downloading it from their website. now the problem is that i have a crackling sound coming out of my speaker.

earlier i was using Vista home edition and it too had realtek installed and i could use the inbuilt mic with ease but now if i'm talking thru the mic the person at the other end cant seem to hear me..... please help resolve this issue.

regards

A:Cracking sound after installing realtek HD audio drivers.... plz help

Download the driver from MSI and see if that makes a difference. Many times the PC vendor drivers are needed.

MSI Global ? Download Center

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/163723-cracking-sound-after-installing-realtek-hd-audio-drivers-plz-help.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi I have a problem with bit Vista I have no sound The machine is a Dell XPS MT and comes shipped with bit windows vista no manager 32 missing realtek hd sound audio bit which is not suitable for the software i run Sohave re-installed with bit Vista No driver hardware issues in Device manager and everything would appear fine go into the sound properties and playback devices and lists only the one device 32 bit vista no sound realtek hd audio manager missing which is HDMI which i believe is my graphics card We have a couple of these machines which are the exact same spec apart from the bit and bit OS and the other is still in bit comparing the two side by side 32 bit vista no sound realtek hd audio manager missing the bit one works fine The differences are bit one has the realtek HD audio manager in control panel which the bit one does not the bit lists two playback devices HDMI and realtek the bit only lists HDMI bit lists Realtek and HDMI in the device manager under sound the bit only lists the HDMI however there 32 bit vista no sound realtek hd audio manager missing are no errors for any devices or drivers I have tried the latest intel installer as apparently it is intel integrated chip I have also tried installing the latest realtek hd codec and installing severally times as also suggested on this site I am really baffled by this one and really hope i dont have to go out and buy several pci sound cards to fix the issues on these machines with the audio Dell said it is not possible to run bit on these machines which is rubbish i have managed to overcome most problems with the install apart from this one this should of been the easiest of problems

A:32 bit vista no sound realtek hd audio manager missing

Hi Jaffaz,

Not sure if this help you, but did you try these two downloads ?
Download AOpen Digital Engine DEX4501 Realtek HD Audio Driver R2.08 Driver for Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows XP X64 / Windows Vista64 - Softpedia
Download Realtek ATI HDMI Audio Device Driver 1.59 Driver for Windows Vista - Softpedia
If not try them.
Cheers...

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/228461-32-bit-vista-no-sound-realtek-hd-audio-manager-missing.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Help!

I'm working on a Toshiba Satellite A105-S2031. I just reformatted, and WHILE installing windows updates, i was installing video drivers and modem drivers. I got a blue screen, but it seemed like the video drivers installed ok. I went to install the sound drivers and device manager was all clean (no ! or ?), but when I adjusted the volume using the sound icon in the taskbar, no sound!

I thought it was the speakers, so i plugged in my headphones to no avail. Please help, trying to fix this quick! Thanks guys!

I removed all the Realtek drivers I tried, then tried the Windows Update realtek driver, and it rebooted with a blue screen pointing to RTKHDAUD.SYS. Tried following some instructions and installing the manufacturers version R2.14, but no luck =/ Trying to install 7 now

Installed Windows 7, all the drivers were already found, but sound still doesn't work T_T

Relevancy 65.79%

Hi I just got a new PC and I can't get the sound to work My PC has the following specs Microsoft Windows Enterprise Edition -bit Service Pack Build DirectX Version CPU Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Mainboard Model Z A-G G MS- x E - x FF BC BIOS vendor American Megatrends Inc version V date My system is not muted I have tried to update the driver from both Realteks and MSIs web pages - no luck I have tried to connect my headphones in both rear and front - no luck When I play audio - I do see green bars in under the playback tab under sound devices I do have the Realtek HD Audio Manager I have noticed that when I mark quot Disable front panel jack detection quot in the Realtek HD audio manager the headphones appears to be connected in the playback tab when I realtek no sound device high definition - audio uncheck it the headphones seems to be disconnected in the playback tab Can anyone help me please realtek high definition audio device - no sound Kind regards Sonderkar

A:realtek high definition audio device - no sound

Is the "Speakers" set as the default audio playback device? That setting is in the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound/Sound Panel.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/235154-realtek-high-definition-audio-device-no-sound.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi all Recently moved apartments and as part of that I shut down and packed up my computer Upon sound stops working, onboard no audio Realtek getting it set up at the new place I found that the rear panel audio was now displaying quot Not plugged in quot and not producing sound the front panel headphone jack was no longer working and I had numerous playback devices from AMD presumably for the HDMI audio I've found several other threads online describing a similar problem but I haven't been able to fix my issue I've tried a Realtek onboard audio stops working, no sound few basic troubleshooting things in isolation as well as in combination Confirmed the speakers worked Uninstalling the Realtek High Definition Audio device from Device Manager without removing the driver Uninstalling the Realtek device and Realtek onboard audio stops working, no sound removing the driver files Installing the latest Realtek drivers Installing the latest AMD drivers for my graphics card System Restore to a known good date Editing the registry to disable jack detection - this did allow me to set Speakers as default but didn't otherwise help I'm completely out of ideas and considering just buying a sound card but I thought I ought to ask here first Any information or suggestions would be very helpful I've attached a DxDiag export Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/378828-realtek-onboard-audio-stops-working-no-sound.html