Windows Support Forum

SLI Ready Memory - Not Detected

Q: SLI Ready Memory - Not Detected

Today I tried overclocking my CPU; I eventually managed to successfully overclock the processor. However, my SLI config. doesn't seem to work anymore. I have the message "SLI-Ready Memory - Not Detected" in my BIOS page. The Nvidia control panel says that SLI is enabled, but when I tested it in Crysis, the 3D indicators did not show up. For some reason the visual indicators do show up in a few other games. The game is much slower too, so I know SLI is no longer functioning at least in Crysis. How do I fix this?

Thanks for any assistance.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: SLI Ready Memory - Not Detected

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: SLI Ready Memory - Not Detected

Crysis is a real mess of a game. It's terribly optimized, and thus, it actually loses performance when SLI is enabled in most cases, and it can't even run with SLI enabled sometimes at 2560x1600. SLI is still enabled, it's just not doing anything in Crysis, because the Crysis engine is absolutely awful.

The "SLI-Ready Memory - Not Detected" isn't anything to worry about. You don't need SLI-Ready Memory. It's just a gimmick to sell more RAM at a higher price than normal. The actual benefits are negligible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sli-ready-memory-not-detected.119490/
Relevancy 61.92%

I am running with Vista Starter SP and it happened that my USB is compatible with the Ready Boost so I can use it excellent Now remember the option saying that quot Use this device quot and quot Do not use this device quot I can remember that checking the quot Use quot when I opt to use the feature and it works The problem is that I wanted to disable this Ready Boost because I am going to use my USB now When I click Properties gt General it says that the total memory I have is GB of it is in use and I guess it's for Ready Boost When I navigate through Ready Boost tab in case checking quot Do not use quot there are no options available And the only thing it says image Boost. Microsoft USB Cannot memory? with and Ready disable Boost Vista's Ready Error is in here is that I need about MB to start Ready Boost I get surprised because about GB is already used for Ready Boost yet there is no option for disabling it There are no files in the USB except this cache file containing the Boost I suspect that the system doesn't recognize the existence of the earlier boost and thinks that it is only another file I tried to do the following Reformatting the drive Manually deleting the cache Deleting the cache using administrative command prompt Stopping Ready Boost service in services msc But Error with Microsoft Vista's Ready Boost and USB memory? Cannot disable Ready Boost. to no avail It reformatting and deleting always give me the result that the disk is write-protected Even utilizing the remaining MB doesn't work it always say that it cannot be performed because the disk is write-protected Note there's no slide lock for the USB that makes it write-protected or not so it is very dubious that it is write protected Any help Thanks I don't want to Error with Microsoft Vista's Ready Boost and USB memory? Cannot disable Ready Boost. buy a new USB since it's brand new

A:Error with Microsoft Vista's Ready Boost and USB memory? Cannot disable Ready Boost.

Hi,

Are you fully updated at SP1?

Update your system & continue to do so until finished!

You should then load the memory stick & sort it out!

http://www.vistax64.com/software/284715-error-microsoft-vistas-ready-boost-usb-memory-cannot-disable-ready-boost.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi all
I'm building this system:

- APEVIA X-Infinity Metal Case
-INTEL CORE 2 QUAD Q6600 2.4G
-BFG GeForce 8800GTS 640MB PCI-e OC2 Edition
-Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 750GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache Sata II Hard Drive ST3500630AS
-OCZ GameXStream 850W SLI Power Supply
-P5KC Dual-channel DDR2 1066/800/667 MHz or DDR3 1333/1066/800
-Vantec Spectrum PCI Fan Card with Blue UV LED
- Lite-On Super-Multi LH20A1H Lightscribe DVD Burner - 20x DVD±R Burn

But i do not know which memory card i will Include this collection (4 GB). i saw good ones but really Expensive . How about:

OCZ SLI-Ready Edition Dual Channel 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory (2 x 1024MB) $79.97 (tiger direct) after rebate.

Is it fast? and will SLI-Ready make big a differnce?

Thank you

Hichael

A:SLI-Ready Memory cards

read: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic65114.html

Also a MEMORY CARD is a TYPE of RAM, but what you a looking for is RAM.
Ensure you use the correct terminology.

MEMORY cards are REMOVABLE. RAM generally is NOT (and is designed to be semi-permanent.)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sli-ready-memory-cards.88291/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi
Does anyone know what this setting in the bios is, I have Sli memory but this setting only works in the disabled position ?.
Thanks Adrian.

A:Bios (Sli Ready Memory)

This is fairly new and very few memory makers offer it. From every thing I have read is that it was mostly a Marketing thing and not much if any improvement.

Download CPU-Z to see how the memory timings are. If everything looks good I would forget about the SLI memory.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-sli-ready-memory.666304/
Relevancy 53.75%

I posted this at the end of another thread, but maybe this would be better in it's own thread:

I am building a computer that I plan to upgrade to an SLI configuration at some point in the next year or so. How does this "SLI-ready" memory deal work. Is it all marketing hype to get you to spend more money on name brand memory, or is there something to it? Do I need SLI ready memory to enable SLI?

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi - running patch current Windows and am having an ongoing but not always constant issue regarding how much memory I have available to me on any given boot of Windows I have GB of memory installed on the computer and yet almost GB of that is not available to me and is shown as Hardware Reserved when I look at the Physical Memory in the Resource Monitor I have validated the memory is error free through multiple runs of Memtest have removed memory strips and blown out any possible dust from memory slots and SOMETIMES it properly will show me around GB available however most boots it is showing pretty consistently that GB is flaged as Hardware Reserved I did some searching and have tried some of the suggestions such as making sure the Maximum Memory box is not checked in MSCONFIG and have also tried editing nbsp ClearPageFileAtShutdown in the Registry to change it from the default value of ' ' to a new value of ' ' nbsp Nothing has worked thus far I DO need access to as much of that GB of memory as possible due to this computer using huge amounts of memory as a Digital Audio Workstation recording music with huge volumes of samples loaded fully memory Reserved Windows half shows as of Approximately but full and detected by memory installed BIOS Hardware into memory nbsp Approximately half of installed memory shows as Hardware Reserved but full memory detected by BIOS and Windows Performance suffers greatly when half of what is installed is not available I have also looked in the BIOS for any ways to adjust video memory and memory mapping and neither exists in the BIOS at all for me to try anything with nbsp The CPU happens to be an AMD A with multiple cores and video is embedded in the CPU with no way Approximately half of installed memory shows as Hardware Reserved but full memory detected by BIOS and Windows for me to control its memory usage Thanks in advance for any additional suggestions Bob Bone

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4997e518-4bfd-4266-bf39-ac7f79620d5e/approximately-half-of-installed-memory-shows-as-hardware-reserved-but-full-memory-detected-by-bios?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 51.17%

Here is the problem I have I am a quot proud owner quot of a DX SO quot Turbo Worth Intel Ready - 7, Windows Boost Memory, DX58SO, ? it Smackover quot Intel Motherboard which so far hasn t disappointed me but I have Intel Turbo Memory, DX58SO, Windows 7, Ready Boost - Worth it ? some serious issues which are rather annoying Boot times are slow Really I Googled for a solution and I found others have been complaining of this as well Seems like DX SO is a notorious slow booter My Razer Naga mouse never gets detected properly Who knows why it s just an issue I am mentioning for others who will find this thread after me My Razer Anansi Keyboard works fine though Do figure Now the main problem I am coming here for is to ask if Windows Ready Boost on Windows which I already use to speed up my Windows will conflict with Intel Turbo Memory which is supposed to also help speed up boot times Is it really worth it to use How much gain will Intel Turbo Memory give me in regards to boot times Anyone got any experience with this Just on a side note since Razer Support have been very reluctant to answer this question is plugging my Razer Naga mouse into a Powered USB Port going to hurt its extended functionality like Macro Recording and Key Mapping I would be very grateful for any input you can give me on these issues Here are my system specs DX SO Corsair W PSU GB RAM i GHz GB ReadyBoost Dedicated Flash Drive Windows Ultimate x SP with Latest Updates Boot Type - UEFI Boot Since this is hardly the time for a motherboard upgrade due to USB being just around the corner Super Speed SATA Gbps becoming more popular and SSD drives getting cheaper and bigger by the day I really think Intel Turbo Memory would be a life-saver for the moment or at least it will save the day if it can work and get along with Windows ReadyBoost nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-turbo-memory-dx58so-windows-7-ready-boost-worth-it.1015592/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I usable POST, initialization No error. detected" "Memory Can't memory recently put together a Can't POST, "Memory initialization error. No usable memory detected" new computer with parts from newegg and when I attempt to start it up my debug LED reads quot quot which according to the manual indicates a memory initialization error no usable memory detected My system CPU Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX I K Motherboard ASRock P EXTREME GEN LGA Intel P SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard RAM G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBRL CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper Plus PSU Thermaltake Toughpower XT TPX- M W ATX V v EPS V v Video Card EVGA -P - -KR GeForce GTX HD w Display-Port Fermi MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x Click to expand Things I have tried So I installed the whole thing LEDs light up fans whirring all that Just no POST I followed this guide to try and solve my problem to no avail http www tomshardware com forum - -perform-steps-posting-boot-video-problems Currently I have everything taken out of the case with only the motherboard CPU HSF and PSU hooked up I have tried both sticks of RAM seperately in each slot I have tried resetting the CMOS I was careful to constantly touch the grounded PSU before I touched sensitive pieces I made sure all connections were secure and everything was in its proper place No matter what I try it gives me code saying that no usable memory is detected I don t see how both sticks of RAM I got could be bad I am now completely out of ideas Anyone have any suggestions nbsp

A:Can't POST, "Memory initialization error. No usable memory detected"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-post-memory-initialization-error-no-usable-memory-detected.1022948/
Relevancy 45.58%

i 'm using this memory card since 4 years ago but now suddenly its crashed when i copying files phone to pc.
memory card is not detecting on phone too
is memory card crashed or waste? help !! i need to use it :'(
i tried memory card reader ... here this screen shot below

A:Why my memory card is not detected?

They fail just like anything else electronic. Other than carefully cleaning the contacts there isn't much you can do. What does disk management show for that card?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/47430-why-my-memory-card-not-detected.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi everyone!

My PC features are as follows.

Windows 98 second edition
801 mhz intel processor
128mb ram

I have decided to add a new 64mb sd-ram memory but my motherbrd doesn'st detect it and detect only the 128mb memory.

When I went in bios, it gives me only 131072 bytes, which equals the 128 mb.

Does any one have an idea about how to make the motherbrd to detect the 64mb ram?

A:Memory not detected by Motherboard!

Some of those old boards simply won't work with Double Sided RAM.

Does the RAM you are adding have Chips in both sides of it? What about the existing one?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-not-detected-by-motherboard.94527/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,

I replaced the original 4 gb memory card by a double 8 gb.

Before this, I checked the size limit. I found that max is 16, good:
http://www.cnet.com/products/toshiba...ite-c75/specs/

Bios is 1.30, the last as I know, and only 8 is detected by the Bios.

I crossed the two memory slot, and still getting 8.

I left only one, still 8. Exchanged with the other 8, still 8...

Please help.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93783-Satelite-C75-A-10E-Memory-upgrade-4gb-gt-to-2x8-gb-not-detected
Relevancy 45.15%

In my XP Pro service pack 3, fully updated the full 4 GB of memory is not detected and used. In the System Properties and the Task Manager/ Performance/ Physical Memory it does only show 3.25 GB of RAM. But in the System Information it shows the full 4 GB. I did see at a Microsoft web site that XP 32 bit should detect and use up to a maximum of 4 GB, so what trick can I do to solve this issue. And in the BIOS the memory detected is; 4096 MB which is 4 GB, thanks.

Relevancy 45.15%

Hey, I have a friend that got a new 1 gig of memory and he installed it fine but when we go and open up the system properties (right click on Computer and selected Properties) it still shows as 2 gb instead of 3. Anyone know whats up?

Thanks ahead of time,
~curt

A:New Laptop memory not detected by windows

Quote: Originally Posted by curtranhome

Hey, I have a friend that got a new 1 gig of memory and he installed it fine but when we go and open up the system properties (right click on Computer and selected Properties) it still shows as 2 gb instead of 3. Anyone know whats up?

Thanks ahead of time,
~curt

type msconfig in search/

Go to the advanced tab. Is "max memory" checked? if so uncheck it. Reboot

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/146875-new-laptop-memory-not-detected-windows.html
Relevancy 45.15%

My samsung 16GB memory card is not getting detected in my laptop.
Even if I connect through my phone data card it's not detected. But it is working properly in my phone. I have been using it for 2 years.

A:Memory card is not getting detected in laptop

MerissaWalker said:

Have you tried it on other computers?Click to expand...

yes, even then it is not getting detected

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-card-is-not-getting-detected-in-laptop.210753/
Relevancy 44.72%

my computer and i have been companions through a lot in the past years and i have always managed to make it work since buying it i not windows detected, memory cannot physical up boot have only formatted it once and that was about a year and a physical memory not detected, windows cannot boot up half back hardware gb ram gts nvidia graphic card amd phenom x so this is what happened i had left the physical memory not detected, windows cannot boot up computer on for abput hours and had switched off the moniter when i returned the diplay didnt work i thought it must be a problem with the connecteing cord so i tried to shake it when nothing worked i turned the whole system offf the main electricity cord after some time it was a slow start but it worked later blue scren appeared and said windows did so to prevent damage to files and restarted once that happened my pc said something about lack of external memory as windows cannot be booted whenever i have tried same has happened fan andights areworking but nothing appears

A:physical memory not detected, windows cannot boot up

Please...be exact when reporting error messages.  They are important clues, which...if not properly reported...lead down the wrong path.

System manufacture and model...or motherboard manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505930/physical-memory-not-detected-windows-cannot-boot-up/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello I have a Dell Precision M i - MX nbsp that came with GB of Samsung memory nbsp I have installed a Samsung Pro TB SSD in the SATA and a Samsung nbsp EVO TB in detected. Memory M4800 not Dell Precision the mSATA slot nbsp I am running BIOS version A nbsp nbsp I have disabled the Intel nbsp HD Graphics in the BIOS nbsp so it only uses nbsp the Nvidia Quadro K M nbsp Everything was working fine I wanted to upgrade to GB memory so I bought Patriot Viper nbsp x GB kit nbsp Model PV G LC SK nbsp Each SODIMM module is supposed to Dell Precision M4800 Memory not detected. be GB PC - MHz V - - - When I remove the Samsung memory and install the Patriot Viper memory in all slots or just slots the computer doesn t boot and I receive the LED blink code nbsp quot No memory modules are installed detected quot However if I leave the Samsung memory in two of Dell Precision M4800 Memory not detected. the slots and at the same time install two of the Patriot memory in the other two slots the computer will boot nbsp BIOS will show GB however it shows the speed nbsp of instead of nbsp If I remove the Samsung memory once again it will not boot with the Patriot memory alone nbsp Why is the Patriot nbsp memory not recognized by itself and why can t I boot from it I looked at the Patriot Memory with the program CPU-Z The timing tables shows JEDEC JEDEC JEDEC XMP- nbsp All voltages say V Why is there no memory nbsp settings or XMP setting nbsp in the BIOS nbsp Why would Dell offer me an unlocked i - MX processor Extreme Edition but there is no CPU settings for the unlocked multiplier Please help Thank you Zak nbsp

A:Dell Precision M4800 Memory not detected.

Hi Zak00,
Thanks for posting in the Dell Community Forum.
Just wondered if you've had the chance to read this article?  There is some good information there about how to choose memory for the M4800.
Regards,Robert

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19629099
Relevancy 44.72%

W SP bit GB RAM I had a power outage and I'm now getting the above message BSOD I have booted with a boot disc and ran chkdsk R it found a few errors I booted into Corruption Detected Pool Memory Special Safe Mode once and that worked but I decided to run Check Disk again now it won't boot anymore It won't boot into Safe Mode stopping Special Pool Detected Memory Corruption at C windows system drivers disk sys Check Disk starts at every bootup From the boot disc in Command Prompt I ran FSUTIL Dirty Query the results is Drive is not Dirty I ran Memtest and the Special Pool Detected Memory Corruption Windows Memory test RAM tests Fine I booted off W DVD and try Startup Repair It said this disc cannot repair volume From the boot disc I tried to run Driver Verifier it said it was not a Valid Windows application Not sure if this has anything to do with it but I have HDD's and when booting from the Windows DVD or Boot disc it lists the Windows Volume is Drive G with Drive C as the System Reserve When the computer boots into Windows the Windows Volume is C I cannot boot into the computer to run diagnostic mode I cannot scan for Malware I cannot update drivers as I can't boot in Not sure what else I can try before I re-install

A:Special Pool Detected Memory Corruption

Try disconnecting the drives that do not have the Windows install and see if it's Id'd as the C drive almost sounds like MBR corruption?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-616207.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi, trying to be quick before I BSOD again.

Recently had problems getting multiple BSODs, even though I haven't changed any hardware.

I got the aforementioned BSOD error and ran verifier to see the driver problem.

spqp.sys is the only one that came up that wasn't loaded it said "never loaded". I did a Windows Search for it and could not find it.

I don't know what to do know. Thanks in advance.

A:Special Pool detected memory corruption

Can you access the hard drive long enough to get a hold of the contents of the C:\Windows\Minidump folder? If so, zip it up and upload it to your next post.

What settings did you use when running Driver Verifier?

If the spqp.sys file was never loaded, then it's not likely to be a current problem. But a google for it doesn't reveal any results - which makes it suspicious IMO. Try posting over in the Malware forum for assistance: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-366029.html
Relevancy 44.72%

My old videocard, ASUS N6800TD 512MB has been showing an incorrect memory clock. Before I got my new computer it was my main card, and it's in a spare computer now but on my main computer, it was always running at 325MHz core and 540MHz memory, or at least this is what rivatuner reported. Now, it runs at 325MHz core and 1080MHz memory. I thought at first that maybe this was because 540MHz was the SDR speed and the DDR memory made it 1080 effective. However, the memory is DDR2, not GDDR3 so I don't know how it can be running at 1080MHz, which means that 540MHz must be the real DDR speed meaning that 270MHz would be the SDR speed. Does anyone know why the memory is being reported incorrectly or if it is incorrect at all?

EDIT: Even the Nvidia Control Panel overclocking feature reports the memory speed as 1080MHz

A:Video Memory Clock being wrongly detected (I think)

Nvm, it turns out my old videocard has been... well I don't exactly know what happened to it during production. But it turns out the memory which runs at 1080MHz stock goes all the way up to 1678MHz, and the 325MHz stock core OCs up to 520MHz... Believe me I don't understand WHY but in a comparison between my 7600GT XXX and my old 6800 at overclocked speeds, its faster than the 7600 so looks like I'm gonna return it...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-memory-clock-being-wrongly-detected-i-think.63007/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,

I've been having lots of BSOD's and not been able to track down the issue.

Tried driver verifier and mem test on each ram stick but no issues.

Files attached. If anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful.

Thanks.

A:BSOD's - mostly special pool detected memory corruption

opps forgot specs:

OS- win 7 64
CPU - Intel i7-920
RAM - 6gb G.skill ripjaws
BOARD - Gigabyte ex58 ud3r
PSU - Corsair tx650
GFX - Ati 5770 HD 1GB PCI VaporX
HD - raid 0: 2 x Barracuda 7200.12 500GB S300

Cheers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsods-mostly-special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-492993.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Dear Tech Support,

I think my computer has serious problems. I don't know what is wrong with it because it is very fast and works very good. But something it just crashes out of the blue and gives me BSOD. Mostly the BSOD is Memory Management or IRQL not less or equal.

I have followed your BSOD Posting Instructions. The OS on this computer is Windows 7 (32 bit), before I had Windows Vista as standard OS on it. The computer is approximately 4 years old, with "Intel (R) Core? 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz" processor and 3 GB RAM Memory. I also have the output folder and perfmon file attachted to this thread.

Thanks in advance!
Okki

A:BSOD - Special pool detected memory corruption

I don't see any crashdumps. You aren't using any "cleaning" software are you? The problem with them is they'll clean up crashdumps, which we need to analyze (plus most of them can end up being harmful).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-558616.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Im always getting this BSOD error. Please help me identify the driver that is causing it.
Minidumps attached.
Thanks.

A:special pool detected memory corrupt BSOD

Quote: Originally Posted by ceril

Im always getting this BSOD error. Please help me identify the driver that is causing it.
Minidumps attached.
Thanks.

These crashes were caused by memory corruption (probably a driver). Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!
1-Memtest.

Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

2-Driver verifier

Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Further Reading
Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/205159-special-pool-detected-memory-corrupt-bsod.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have McAfee and whenever I scan the laptop it tells me that is memory cannot detected McAfee removed by in ntoskrnl-hook be but a Trojan named NTOSKRNL-HOOK is removed from the memory and that it is a Generic Rootkit d rootkit McAfee is not able to find any file in the system that is been infected The trojan is always there in the memory even if I scan the memory many times At the beginning it was directing me to other websites whenever I ntoskrnl-hook is detected by McAfee in memory but cannot be removed was using IE or firefox to open a link I tried to remove it by going through the procedures explained in this link hxxp thecooltools blogspot com remove-ntoskrnl-hook-generic html After removing the infected files when I return ntoskrnl-hook is detected by McAfee in memory but cannot be removed to normal mode the Trojan is in the memory again Now the on-access scan is disabled completely and I cannot enable it I ran ntoskrnl-hook is detected by McAfee in memory but cannot be removed dds scr and the results are attached When I run gmer exe it stops after a while and the computer stops functioning I am not even able to move the mouse and I need to reset the laptop Once I stoped the gmer and saved the results in Ark txt which is attached Note that what is in Ark txt is not the complete result of scan I appreciate your help Here is dds txt file DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Run by Mohsen at on Tue Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV VirusScan Enterprise AntiSpyware Enterprise On-access scanning disabled Updated A B B- C - -A AB-E DEABF F Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM stsystra exe C WINDOWS system KADxMain exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise SHSTAT EXE C Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Documents and Settings Mohsen Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com ig uSearch Page hxxp www google com hws sb dell-usuk-rel en side html channel us uDefault Page URL http www google com ig dell hl en amp us amp ibd uSearch Bar hxxp www google com hws sb dell-usuk-rel en side html channel us uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk-rel amp channel us amp ibd mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com hws sb dell-usuk-rel en side html channel us BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c program files real realplayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c program files mcafee virusscan enterprise scriptcl dll BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper ae cd -e - f- - ee - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll BHO CBrowserHelperObject Object ca c - b - e-a -a c db f - c program files dell bae BAE dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB Adobe PDF -d c - - fa - e eaac - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll EB Adobe PDF ec be- - c -a -beb d a b - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFav... Read more

A:ntoskrnl-hook is detected by McAfee in memory but cannot be removed

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Please copy this page to Notepad and Save it to your Desktop in order to assist you when carrying out the following instructions.

Before beginning the fix, read this post completely. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding.
Ensure that there aren't any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below.

It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order/sequence.

One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan.

This type of infection allows hackers to remotely control your computer, log keystrokes, steal critical system information, and download and execute files without your knowledge.

If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Please read this: How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud, and CC Fraud?

Your hard drive is almost full. Having too little free space on your hard drive can compromise system performance.

Quote:

C: is FIXED (NTFS) - 149 GiB total, 14.243 GiB free.

I suggest you move pictures, music, etc. to an external drive or USB stick if you have one and uninstall any programs that are never or hardly ever used.

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

Download ComboFix from any of the links below. You must rename it to Combo-Fix before saving it. Save it to your Desktop.

If you are using Firefox, go to Tools > Options > Main and select 'Always ask me where to save files' and click OK.

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Save Combo-Fix.exe to your Desktop

Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right-click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools.
Get help here
Double-click on Combo-Fix.exe & follow the prompts.
If you are prompted to download a newer version of ComboFix, please choose Yes
As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/ntoskrnl-hook-is-detected-by-mcafee-in-memory-but-cannot-be-removed-403607.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Today I installed my new SSD, and installed windows 8.1.  It worked for the first 3 hours, until I got the special pool detected memory corruption BSOD.  I looked at other forums, and  I did the Memtest, and it didn't work.  It started happening when I got my ssd, anyone have any ideas how to fix this?
EDIT: I fixed the problem

A:special pool detected memory corruption BSOD

Could you let us know what you did?
It'll help others who come looking for help with a similar problem.
Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582683/special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-bsod/
Relevancy 43.86%

Im getting this BSOD lately when im playing games browsing on the memory BSOD special pool corruption detected internet and generaly by using the pc This is the report i have found in the event viewer - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot BSOD special pool detected memory corruption Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C BSOD special pool detected memory corruption -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Klavon-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfffff ff f lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfffff ff lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xab a lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt If anyone knows something pls help me Also im using windows bit

A:BSOD special pool detected memory corruption

Please upload your full reports:http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

-----

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-686212.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I purchased a Dell Studio XPS sometime ago but when I tried to upgrade the memory from GB to GB I ran into some problems First off here are the specifications of my PC which will hopefully give more information for Dell in 8000 not Bios - detected Memory XPS Studio anyone who is willing to help me troubleshoot Memory not detected in Bios - Dell Studio XPS 8000 my predicament Dell Studio XPS Chassis Serial Number WWXML Running Windows - bit Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz Intel Core i kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache kilobyte tertiary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Hyper-threaded total Board Dell Inc X R A Serial Number CN BM Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Dell Inc A Chipset Intel D rev The original memory configuration that came with my Dell Studio XPS is as follows DIMM has MB serial number F E B Slot - Black DIMM has MB serial number F E B Slot - White DIMM has MB serial number E B Slot -Black DIMM has MB serial number E B Slot - White I had a total of gb of memory I replaced it with Corsair Vengeance DDR GB x GB This was inserted into Slots amp White with Slots amp Black left empty I had planned on buying another pack of Corsair DDR GB x GB if the GB worked therefore bringing me to the maximum amount of GB of memory which is all the motherboard can handle according to specifications However when I booted the computer with Corsair Vengeance DDR GB x GB only GB of the GB registered in the Bios I rotated the strips and they were both good When I went to switch back to the original configuration that came with the computer DIMM has MB serial number F E B Slot - Black DIMM has MB serial number F E B Slot - White DIMM has MB serial number E B Slot -Black DIMM has MB serial number E B Slot - White My PC would not boot and made a continuous beeping sound I am no longer able to use the original Dell memory in any configuration Therefore I am stuck with Corsair Vengeance DDR GB x GB that was inserted into Slots amp White with Slots amp Black left empty Slot White with GB of Ram being the only memory recognized The GB in Slot White does not register in the Bios and is not seen by other software utilities that I have tried Hopefully you can now see my frustration and realize that I now have less memory available to me than originally came with my PC I read through many internet forums and tried all sorts of different things to solve the problem but the results are always the same leaving my PC with only GB of memory to be accessed I m guessing that there must be something wrong with the motherboard but I m really not sure Unfortunately Dell has been of very little help Not sure what my next step should be but if there is anyone out there that can assist me it would be greatly appreciated Thank you John M nbsp

A:Memory not detected in Bios - Dell Studio XPS 8000

As that model doesnt have diver support for windows 10, that may be part of the issue. That rig wasnt meant for w10, have you considered going back? That may help. I dont see a way to run that OS on that hardware. At least reliably.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-not-detected-in-bios-dell-studio-xps-8000.1158719/
Relevancy 43.43%

hello, i've got a 4 month old ASUS desktop that has random BSOD. i'm not very computer literate and could really use some help. called ASUS and all they recommended was to send the computer in for repair. was about to do it until they said all my stuff would be wiped out. would like to try this first. the computer has been doing this since day one. it'll crash during use and other times while idle. can't figure out what causing this or why.

win 7 home premium 64 came preloaded on the machine. i added a Nvidia GEForce 430 card and a 2nd hard drive. also added an external usb hard drive. i don't think any of these adds are involved since the BSOD was appearing before i added anything.

i followed the instructions to include the zip file you need. have never done anything like this so i hope it works. my head is spinning lol!

thank you
Lev

A:random BSOD. memory check says hardware problem detected.

Quote: Originally Posted by levitt

hello, i've got a 4 month old ASUS desktop that has random BSOD. i'm not very computer literate and could really use some help. called ASUS and all they recommended was to send the computer in for repair. was about to do it until they said all my stuff would be wiped out. would like to try this first. the computer has been doing this since day one. it'll crash during use and other times while idle. can't figure out what causing this or why.

win 7 home premium 64 came preloaded on the machine. i added a Nvidia GEForce 430 card and a 2nd hard drive. also added an external usb hard drive. i don't think any of these adds are involved since the BSOD was appearing before i added anything.

i followed the instructions to include the zip file you need. have never done anything like this so i hope it works. my head is spinning lol!

thank you
Lev

It is usually very difficult to diagnose from a single DMP file and yours is no exception. While there is no direct evidence I strongly suspect your Symantec. I woud remove and replace with Microsoft Security essentials at least to test.

Download and run the Norton Removal Tool to uninstall your Norton product | Norton Support

Virus, Spyware & Malware Protection | Microsoft Security Essentials

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/183749-random-bsod-memory-check-says-hardware-problem-detected.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Eset Smart Security recently detected Win Mebroot trojan in the Operating memory It is also trojan Eset Win32/Mebroot memory Operating detected - unable to clean the Eset detected Operating memory - Win32/Mebroot trojan trojan and I do not know how to remove it The DDS log is below DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Lee at on Eset detected Operating memory - Win32/Mebroot trojan Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Home Basic GMT Running Processes C Windowssystem wininit exeC Windowssystem lsm exeC Windowssystem svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windowssystem svchost exe -k RPCSSC WindowsSystem svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC WindowsSystem svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windowssystem svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windowssystem svchost exe -k LocalServiceC WindowsSystem spoolsv exeC Windowssystem svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC WindowsSystem svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Program FilesSpyware DoctorBDTBDTUpdateService exeC Windowssystem taskhost exeC Windowssystem Dwm exesvchost exe C Program FilesDU MeterDUMeterSvc exeC WindowsExplorer EXEC Program FilesESETESET Smart Securityekrn exeC Windowssystem svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedVS DEBUGmdm exeC Program FilesAlcohol SoftAlcohol StarWindStarWindServiceAE exeC Windowssystem svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program FilesTOSHIBAPower SaverTosCoSrv exesvchost exe C Windowssystem svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Program FilesESETESET Smart Securityegui exeC Windowssystem taskeng exeC Program FilesTOSHIBAConfigFreeNDSTray exeC Program FilesTOSHIBAConfigFreeCFSwMgr exeC Program FilesMozilla Firefoxfirefox exeC Windowssystem sppsvc exeC Windowssystem taskhost exeC Windowssystem wbemwmiprvse exeC WindowsservicingTrustedInstaller exeD Desktopdds scrC Windowssystem conhost exe Pseudo HJT Report BHO FG CatchUrl f -aa - b - f d- a b e ef - c program filesflashget networkflashget universalcomdllsbhoCATCH dllBHO PC Tools Browser Guard BHO a f d b- - ff -b - cce e - c program filesspyware doctorbdtPCTBrowserDefender dllBHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No FileBHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program filescommon filesmicrosoft sharedwindows liveWindowsLiveLogin dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program filesjavajre binjp ssv dllTB PC Tools Browser Guard ea- a- b-adf - d e cc - c program filesspyware doctorbdtPCTBrowserDefender dllTB D C F- A- -A AD- D - No FilemRun egui quot c program fileseseteset smart securityegui exe quot hide waitservicemPolicies-system ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin x mPolicies-system ConsentPromptBehaviorUser x mPolicies-system EnableLUA x mPolicies-system EnableUIADesktopToggle x mPolicies-system PromptOnSecureDesktop x IE amp Download All by FlashGet - c program filesflashget networkflashget universalcomdllsBhoall htmIE amp Download by FlashGet - c program filesflashget networkflashget universalcomdllsBholink htmIE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLLLSP c program filescommon filespc toolslspPCTLsp dllDPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabHandler skype com - FFC B - B - DFF- - C DD F D - c progra common skypeSKYPE DLLHosts www spywareinfo com FIREFOX FF - ProfilePath - c usersleeappdataroamingmozillafirefoxprofilesr z uty defaultFF - plugin c program filesk-lite codec packrealbrowserpluginsnppl dllFF - plugin c program filesk-lite codec packrealbrowserpluginsnprpjplug dllFF - plugin c program filesmozilla firefoxpluginsnpatgpc dllFF - plugin c program filesmozilla firefoxpluginsnpdjvu dllFF - plugin c program filesmozilla firefoxpluginsnpFoxitReaderPlugin dllFF - plugin c usersleeappdataroamingfacebooknpfbplu... Read more

A:Eset detected Operating memory - Win32/Mebroot trojan

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear: DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"MBRCheckPlease also download MBRCheck to your desktop Double click MBRCheck.exe to run (vista and Win 7 right click and select Run as Administrator)It will show a Black screen with some data on it a report called MBRcheck will be on your desktopopen this reportRight click on the screen and select > Select All Press Control+Cnow please copy that report to this threadinformation and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.log from RKUnHooker3. report from MBRchecker4.let me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/335548/eset-detected-operating-memory-win32mebroot-trojan/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,

My wife's laptop has been very sluggish lately and we keep getting the above message by AVG. Would be grateful if anyone could assist.

Thanks a lot in advance!

A:Internet explorer high memory usage detected by AVG (164MB)

Hi vernontan I'll need more information in order to assist you with your issue. Please follow the instructions below.MiniToolBoxDownload MiniToolBox and move the executable file to your Desktop;Execute MiniToolBox and check the following options:List Installed Programs;List Last 10 Event Viewer Errors;List Devices - Only Problems;List Users, Partitions and Memory size;Once this is done, click on Go and wait for the scan to complete;Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;Speccy - Publish a snapshotFollow the instructions below to download and install Speccy, then to publish a snapshot of your system information:Download and install Speccy from Piriform (the download will start automatically a few seconds after clicking on the Speccy link);Note: You can opt-out the Google Toolbar installation if you want;Once Speccy is installed, launch the program and give it a good minute to load all your system information;After that, click on the File menu in the top left corner, and select Publish Snapshot;A window will appear asking you to confirm your decision to publish a snapshot. Click on Yes;A new window will appear after, with a URL link to your snapshot. Click on Copy to Clipboard button to copy that URL to your clipboard, then paste it in your next reply and post it;

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575560/internet-explorer-high-memory-usage-detected-by-avg-164mb/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all PC is running XP - updated to SP The Back Story Last week my computer started to act up My motherboard has been going for some time now and that led to one of my monitor inputs i dual screen failing However on the Sunday morning I turned it on to find my main monitor not working I plugged in the old monitor into that same plug and it worked and then i plugged in my main monitor into the plug that i had used for my old monitor and strangely it worked Yet they would not spyware Applications Crashing sporadic usage memory detected jumps, regularly, work the other way When I then booted up applications things started crashing everywhere I use Lacuna Launcher basically just a quick batch file to launch several applications together and out of Itunes MSN Messenger Steam Opera Ventrilo and KeePass only KeyPass didnt crash I could then go and lunch Itunes MSN Messenger Opera and Ventrilo individually and they would work Opera happens on firefox Applications Crashing regularly, sporadic memory usage jumps, spyware detected and IE as well is crashing regularly mainly when there are multiple tabs open I have noticed but cant confirm due to the highly rare occurence of it and my lack of concentration that on VERY rare occasions while browsing the internet I will get redirected to advertising pages This has only noticeably happened twice in the past week though I have also noticed memory usage rises to very large amounts around K in the firefox process when Opera is crashing i have firefox open for facebook and opera to browse so that neither programs crash from multiple tabs yet Opera s process memory wasn t jumping to those levels at all Steam cannot be run at all It is in a highly problematic state but I would say that is because it is crashing when it updates unfortunately an update was released just before I started steam that day and so that is the first thing it tries to do BSODs and hardware failures have been fairly common for me with this rig and so i merely shrugged this off as the main harddrive going and possibly the RAM after i noticed the sporadic memory jumps that tended to happen I also shrugged it off as a hardware issue since I had done absolutely nothing the night before to obtain any malware I spent the night playing some games on Steam with mates I did a couple scans but nothing was picked up however I think they may have crashed halfway through while i was away from my computer I have also noticed the occasional application failing to contact the Internet despite my Firewall allowing them to I decided to watch a SB SnD scan through tonight and sure enough it found a problem Win Agent pz SBI F C F Settings Registry value nothing done HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Network UID I selected to fix it on a previous scan naturally it is still there Hijack This Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Logitech G-series Software LGDCore exe C Program Files Logitech G-series Software LCDMon exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Logitech G-series Software Applets LCDMedia exe C Program Files Logitech G-series Software Applets LCDClock exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system... Read more

A:Applications Crashing regularly, sporadic memory usage jumps, spyware detected

Some Updates on the problem.

Today Opera has totally stopped working. It loads up the interface but then crashes straight away. I find this strange considering it was loading for a whole week (albeit with a lot of crashing) before this happened.

MSN Messenger also occasionally drops out (but not the entire internet, as it drops out I am still talking to people on Ventrilo, a VOIP application, and there is no drop out or latency or anything. This can occur on other applications as well, but is most prevelant on MSN Messenger
I have kept my firewall (ZoneAlarm) on at all times, but am concerned that perhaps it may have a way of storing personal data (other members of my family use this computer and credit card details may or may not have been entered on the computer this week) such as credit cards or passwords. Does anyone know whether the malware that has been found here has compromised my data in any way? Naturally that is always a risk with malware but perhaps someone might know for this specific case.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/applications-crashing-regularly-sporadic-memory-usage-jumps-spyware-detected.827575/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi I hope the title wasn t too detailed I believe I have the same infection as a few other posts I ve been seeing around the next the last couple of days NOD detected a Mebroot Trojan it can t clean in the operating memory and I believe it s causing my PC s weird behavior Every now and then the volume wave drops to mute and every detected Trojan - clicking sounds volume NOD32 mutes, in wave Mebroot popups, memory now and then IE ad popups appear even though I am a Firefox user and I can hear clicking noises in the background every now and then I would really appreciate any help I can get removing this What I fear most is that it will NOD32 detected Mebroot Trojan in memory - volume wave mutes, popups, clicking sounds spread to other computers on the network or to my IM email FB contacts Also here is a HijackThis log the pinned guide said I should post this Thank you very much to anyone willing to help Code Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files DU Meter DUMeterSvc exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Sandboxie SbieSvc exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM STacSV exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe C Program Files Process Lasso processgovernor exe C Program Files Backwards Hebrew hebrew exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files ClipX clipx exe C Program Files Everything Everything exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe C Program Files Intel Audio Studio Intel Audio exe C Program Files PeerGuardian pg exe C Program Files Taskbar Shuffle taskbarshuffle exe C Program Files Rainlendar Rainlendar exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files DU Meter DUMeter exe C Program Files VisualTaskTips VisualTaskTips exe C Program Files UberIcon UberIcon Manager exe C Program Files Process Lasso ProcessLasso exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Documents and Settings Noam Desktop HackEm Ketamine exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Launchy Launchy exe C PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXE C Program Files VirtuaWin VirtuaWin exe C Program Files VirtuaWin modules WinList exe C Program Files Sheep Friends Billy BillySongDumper v BillySD exe C Program Files Samurize Client exe C Program Files AnalogX MaxMem maxmem exe C Program Files PowerMenu PowerMenu exe C Program Files Yz Dock YzDock exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files FlashGet flashget exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Ma... Read more

A:NOD32 detected Mebroot Trojan in memory - volume wave mutes, popups, clicking sounds

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nod32-detected-mebroot-trojan-in-memory-volume-wave-mutes-popups-clicking-sounds.935101/
Relevancy 39.56%

XP SP - Intel D PERL motherboard RAM slots I ve been running incident free for several years with Crucial MB CT Z B T sticks They were installed in the DIMM slots positions amp I recently installed Crucial GB CT Z B stick in DIMM position I guess this was a no-no On restart I got the message quoted in the title I don t off hand remember the rest of it I shutdown and moved the GB to position with the other configuration" has memory non-optimal a "BIOS detected two in positions amp From what I ve read I was probably more right the "BIOS has detected a non-optimal memory configuration" first time Now on restart I get a single beep never did that before and a message that flashes by too quickly before the BIOS screen appears My virtual memory intial and maximum are MB set by me I have no restart problems so far and the computer shows GB installed wherever RAM is displayed Before I move RAM around or go into BIOS of which I know nothing what needs changing and how What might the message be or how do I access it TIA nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

I've been receiving a blue screen of death every once in a while, and on the blue screen it states "Special Pool Detected Memory Corruption", among other things. Any ideas on how to get rid of this? I have Windows XP. Let me know if I need to post more info.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/special-pool-detected-memory-corruption.838548/
Relevancy 39.13%

Thank you in advance for your help My problems started with high memory usage though I have a Dell XPS with a solid state hard drive Core i processor and gb of RAM Recently sometimes when I m on Chrome and I click on a link to go to a new page it opens a new tab that displays a page with sound saying that a virus has been detected and I need to call a number on the screen This happens about every th time I click a link I switched to Internet Explorer to work through the Major Geeks process here and have been getting even more new tabs sites popping up - even when clicking to download some of the software Malware Bytes found over items that are currently in quarantine I have attached logs from HitmanPro RK and MGLogs zip TDSSkiller did not find anything so that s not posted By the way my trial version of Hitman Pro from going through this months ago but I m not adverse to purchasing if I need to so I can get the computer totally clean again Thank you again for taking the time to help me through this nbsp

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/occassional-pops-virus-detected-website-and-computer-always-running-at-high-memory-usage.313727/
Relevancy 37.84%

I'm running 2 pc's on windos xp pro, I have a d-link wireless N router, and i just can't use my pc which is connected through the wireless part of the router.

It shows the signal Very strong strength, then it doesn't see anything at all, and it keeps happening over and over. I've tried changing the wireless channel, nothing.
The other PC has an USB wireless adapter.
PS: i've tried restarting the router/moden, to no avail.

Anyone got any ideas ?

Relevancy 36.55%

Hi, I am completely new to this, so please be patient. All I know is that my new computer has detected the Trojan files listed in the subject and I don't know how to get rid of them. I am running Vista premium and this is my first post, so I need to know what I can do to remove this stuff before it starts wreaking havoc. Thanks!

A:Solved: OfficeScan detected WinAntiSpyware2007 file and SpyHunter 2.9 detected Trojan.vundo!

Closing duplicate.

Please continue here:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=610916

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-officescan-detected-winantispyware2007-file-and-spyhunter-2-9-detected-trojan-vundo.609960/
Relevancy 36.55%

Today Norton Antivirus began to block threats from Trojan Zeroaccess B Trojan Gen Trojan Gen and Trojan Zeroaccess C I have been prompted to do a manual removal of Trojan Zeroaccess inf from c windows system services exe Additionally Bitcoinminer is being repeatedly detected blocked and quarantined I m not sure if Norton is having a problem deleting quarantining Bitcoinminer or if it is actually being downloaded over and over I suspect that these two problems are related as they started at the same time From what I gather the fix seems to be quite complicated and I would appreciate some help My system is running bit Windows Home Premium w SP Looking at similar threads it looks like I ll need to use a flash drive to run removal tools I do not currently have a flash drive on hand but I do have an GB SD card Will that be a sufficient replacement DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by services.exe, detected/blocked Bitcoinminer repeatedly also in Trojan.Zeroaccess!inf4 is detected Ii-chan at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Norton AntiVirus Enabled Outdated DF - - D- - DC EFD BF SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Norton AntiVirus Disabled Outdated D BEB -B A- E - B -B B Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe Trojan.Zeroaccess!inf4 detected in services.exe, also Bitcoinminer is repeatedly detected/blocked -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btwdins exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD Kernel DMP CLHNServiceForPowerDVD exe C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD Common MediaServer CLMSMonitorService exe C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD Common MediaServer CLMSServer exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe C Windows SysWOW svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Windows system HPSIsvc exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files x Intel Services IPT jhi service exe C Program Files x Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x Norton Identity Safe Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files x Sony PMB PMBDeviceInfoProvider exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar SeaPort EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x Sony VAIO Control Center VESMgr exe C Program Files Intel WiMAX Bin AppSrv exe C Program Files x Sony VAIO Control Center VESMgrSub exe C Program Files x Sony VAIO Control Center VESMgrSub exe C Program Files x Norton Identity Safe Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows SysWOW DllHost exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin ZeroConfigService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Intel WiMAX Bin DMAgent exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system svchost exe -k HPService C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Windows SysWOW DllHost exe C Program Files x Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst ... Read more

A:Trojan.Zeroaccess!inf4 detected in services.exe, also Bitcoinminer is repeatedly detected/blocked

Greetings and Welcome to The Forums!!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your malware problems.I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of usPlease do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer. NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.These are the programs I would like you to run next, if you have any problems with these just skip it and run the next one.-Security Check-Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.-AdwCleaner-Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete.Confirm each time with Ok.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the content of that logfile with your next answer.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.--RogueKiller-- Download & SAVE to your Desktop RogueKiller or from here
Quit all programs that you may have started. Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan! For Vista or Windows 7, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"For Windows XP, double-click to start. Wait until Prescan has finished ... Then Click on "Scan" button Wait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"click on "delete" Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished" Click on "Report" and copy/paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your DesktopExit/Close RogueKiller+Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/482833/trojanzeroaccessinf4-detected-in-servicesexe-also-bitcoinminer-is-repeatedly-detectedblocked/
Relevancy 36.55%

Keyboard not detected, Mouse not detected. Fatal Error, System Halted.

That's what the system said, in DOS, on the black screen. Of course, I had my mouse and keyboard unplugged at the time, because I had just unplugged everything to move the computer.

Anyways, I plugged the keyboard and mouse in, restarted the computer, and everything started normally.

My question is, what is with this error? Vista can't boot up if I don't have a keyboard and mouse plugged in? It's not a big deal, but it seems like very odd behavior.

A:Keyboard not detected, Mouse not detected. Fatal Error, System Halted.

This has nothing to do with Vista whatsoever. As you said it showed up on the black screen with white text, which is the boot screen. The computer hasnt even started loading windows yet. The fatal eror occurs because you have no input device. The computer recognises this, and given that they are important, it puts a warning up that there is no connection.
It is completely normal, really, and whatever OS you have, its going to do the same thing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-not-detected-mouse-not-detected-fatal-error-system-halted.746766/
Relevancy 36.55%

I did a stupid thing yesterday I downloaded an icon pack APK file on my computer to upload to my mobile Anyway the thing is when I double clicked on it BlueStacks Android Emulator opened up and Avast started giving me lots of warnings about BlueStacks accessing Trojan URLs it blocked them of course Now the thing is I scanned to not MBAM, when the detected file I Virus Avast detected & upload Gmail but in the APK file both in Malware Bytes Anti Malware and Avast and even Malware Bytes Anti Rootkit and it showed no virus or malware found But when I try to attach the the same APK file as a Gmail attachment which I read on the net detects viruses which is why I tried it Gmail gives me a Virus found error So my question is how come such reliable antivirus anti-malware programs like MBAM and Avast didn't detect the virus but Gmail did And more importantly though I have deleted the APK file in question from my computer is my computer safe Or has a rootkit trojan been installed

A:Virus not detected in Avast & MBAM, but detected when I upload the file to Gmail

Upload file in question here: https://www.virustotal.com/ for security check.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/602551/virus-not-detected-in-avast-mbam-but-detected-when-i-upload-the-file-to-gmail/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi!

I hope you're having a good December. Thanks again for your previous help this past summer!

A scan by TrendMicro picked up several infections, most of which it was able to clean up. But it wasn't able to remove PAR_SE.50425 and PAR_SE.50426. It also says I have a (MS05-004) ASP.NET Path Validation Vulnerability (887219), even though I have automatic Microsoft security updates. The first several minutes of a PandaScan (I didn't have time to finish it) found some SearchMeUp adware.

I'm so sorry, I can't remember how to Hijack This, otherwise I'd post that log, too. Any help you could provide would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much

Relevancy 36.12%

Hi guys,

I bought a bluetooth dongle off of amazon so I could use my bluetooth headset with my comp. Once plugged in it installs driver version 6.1.7601.17889 from microsoft and there are no yellow '?'s. When I look for devices it sees my headset no probs but will not connect, which it does instantly with phones / tablets etc.

A very detailed search has brought me to the conclusion that it's a problem with the bluetooth driver, not the headset. Unfortunately there are no identifiers on the dongle itself but device manager seems to think it's:

Device type: Bluetooth Radios
Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio Ltd

Is there anyway I can detect exactly the chipset in the dongle and get the correct drivers installed? Or am I barking up the wrong tree completely?

Thanks.

A:Bluetooth dongle detected, items detected but not connecting.

Have you tried contacting CSR? CSR PLC Customer Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/352002-bluetooth-dongle-detected-items-detected-but-not-connecting.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I should have came to this conclusion sooner but my current re-installation of Windows has some problems that I haven t had the time to address until now What I need though is access to the repair function on the disk However herein lies my problem When I boot up media in the drive or no media bios does not show the drive in its list I can still open and close the drive as if nothing is wrong there but I cannot quot boot - not bios, detected by by drive Windows? CD/DVDROM detected from CD quot I ve reset my bios back to defaults and while the drive appeared on IDE Channel in the settings it still would not recognize ANY media while booting up I have the latest version of my bios I have also tried changing cables The drive is on an IDE channel by itself Once my system boots into Windows however the drive is recognized and acts normally as if nothing happened in bios Media CD/DVDROM drive - not detected by bios, detected by Windows? operates fine I have checked the event viewer and CD/DVDROM drive - not detected by bios, detected by Windows? there are no entries anywhere that states my optical drive has been experiencing problems and yes in fact it operates just like it always does Can anyone help me get my bios and cdrom back together again The problem is I just do not know where to start to solve this I wish I could say how long this has been happening but I really don t know as of today There have been no hardware changes in the past three months and my current installation and configuration began back in late April Thanks for your time nbsp

A:CD/DVDROM drive - not detected by bios, detected by Windows?

What is the boot sequence in the bios? should be CD or optical drive first, then Hard Drive or IDE-0 second if you want to boot from the cd-drive. Many computer manufacturers set the computer to automatically boot off of the hard drive by default so setting the factory defaults might not be what you are looking for. Look for the screen that has the boot order or sequence and just change it, exit and save settings and restart the computer with the boot cd in the drive. I hope that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-dvdrom-drive-not-detected-by-bios-detected-by-windows.52086/
Relevancy 35.26%

The screen says:

CD/DVD-ROM Boot Priority: Boot Ready

But it goes to the regular boot screen.

If it wasn't reading the disk, it wouldn't be saying Boot Ready.

It is arranged to boot from the CD-ROM, otherwise, it wouldn't be saying CD-ROM Boot Priority.

If it is reading the disk and saying that it is Boot Ready, why it is going to the regular boot screen?

This is happening with several disks, new disks, rewritten disks and I am not able to understand why.

Thank you.

A:Boot Ready CDs/DVDs won't boot even after they are boot ready!

Hello IMAyNeed,

When you get the "CD/DVD-ROM Boot Priority: Boot Ready" prompt or message below, are you pressing a key within 8 seconds to actually start booting to the CD/DVD? If not, then by default it will skip the CD/DVD and boot from the HDD as normal.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/244129-boot-ready-cds-dvds-wont-boot-even-after-they-boot-ready.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi all,
I cannot use my keyboard when the PC post checks and stuff, for example when it says press del to enter setup.

However I can use the keyboard once in windows.

I am using Asus P5W64 WS Professional motherboard

Sorry:
The keyboard is a USB Microsoft one (Its like a USB and mouse through one USB)

Thanks everyone and merry xmas

Relevancy 34.83%

--------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce M GT Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce M GT DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory Memory,Dedicated consistant Memory,Shared not Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name NICK-PC Operating System Windows Vista Ultimate Build Service Pack longhorn rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer Inc System Model G S BIOS Default System BIOS Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode A person in my thread here http forums worldofwarcraft com thread html topicId amp postId amp sid said That doesn t look right my GTS displays Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Could you have bad videocard memory Or maybe reinstal direct X Click to expand So I m not sure where to start and I Display Memory,Dedicated Memory,Shared Memory not consistant m hoping someone here can point me into the right direction as to what it is I need to do to fix this problem I ve been having with graphical Discrpencies in World of Warcraft I haven t notice any in Call of Duty nbsp

Relevancy 33.97%

Hi Guys

What does Sli ready mean as i know you can put them in your mobo and have two sli ready cards.

What a the benifits of having sli cards and what do they do?

Thanks Baltan

A:Sli ready

The benefit is that you have two GPU's (Mind you both cards have to be the same model). Each GPU renders one half of the screen, thus each of them share the work which puts less strain on each of them. Since there is less strain they can use that extra power to make your games run faster, its not quite twice as fast as if you only had the one card in most conditions though.

The bad is that since you have two cards they are going to be more power hungry and usually you can buy a better single video card for the same price as two SLi cards.

Crossfire is ATI's version of dual GPU's

To use SLi or Crossfire you need a motherboard which supports it and has 2x PCI-E slots and 2x SLi or Crossfire ready cards and the bridge or wire that connects them together.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sli-ready.104154/
Relevancy 33.97%
Q: Ready??

OK are you ready Here s the HJ log to my friend s PC I ve ran Spybot AdAware CWShredder HouseCall RAV Found infected files and deleted them using online scanners no Anti Virus currently on this PC but will be putting one on Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe Ready?? C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exe C Program Files Executive Software DiskeeperWorkstation DKService exe C WINDOWS System inetsrv inetinfo exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System Ready?? tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Saitek Software Profiler exe C WINDOWS szchost exe C PROGRA QUICKT qttask exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C PROGRA AMERIC aoltray Ready?? exe Ready?? C PROGRA Logitech MOUSEW system em exec exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA HIJACK HIJACK EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http www iquicksearch net search htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www iquicksearch net search htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www iquicksearch net search htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings AutoConfigURL http proxy uci edu proxy config pac R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http proxy uci edu proxy config pac F - win ini run C WINDOWS System services wmplayer exe O - BHO myBar BHO - D D -F E - ad- A - ECE AC - C Program Files MyWay myBar bin MYBAR DLL O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar My amp Search Bar - D D -F E - ad- A - ECE AC - C Program Files MyWay myBar bin MYBAR DLL O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run Logitech Utility Logi MwX Exe O - HKLM Run Profiler C Program Files Saitek Software Profiler exe O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run Regsvc C WINDOWS system regsv exe O - HKLM Run Zone system C WINDOWS szchost exe O - HKLM Run P P Networking C WINDOWS System P P Networking P P Networking exe AUTOSTART O - HKLM Run SysUpd C WINDOWS sysupd exe O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C PROGRA QUICKT qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ypager exe -quiet O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - Global Startup America Online Tray Icon lnk C Program Files America Online aoltray exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item Backward amp Links - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cac amp hed Snapshot of Page - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Si amp milar Pages - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar html O - Extra context menu item Translate into English - res C Progra... Read more

A:Ready??

Rescan and put a check next to each of these then close all browser windows and click "fix checked"

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer,SearchURL = http://www.iquicksearch.net/search.htm

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.iquicksearch.net/search.htm

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = about:blank

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://www.iquicksearch.net/search.htm

F1 - win.ini: run=C:\WINDOWS\System32\services\wmplayer.exe
O2 - BHO: myBar BHO - {0494D0D1-F8E0-41ad-92A3-14154ECE70AC} - C:\Program Files\MyWay\myBar\2.bin\MYBAR.DLL

O3 - Toolbar: My &Search Bar - {0494D0D9-F8E0-41ad-92A3-14154ECE70AC} - C:\Program Files\MyWay\myBar\2.bin\MYBAR.DLL

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Regsvc] C:\WINDOWS\system\regsv.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone system] C:\WINDOWS\szchost.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [P2P Networking] C:\WINDOWS\System32\P2P Networking\P2P Networking.exe /AUTOSTART

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SysUpd] C:\WINDOWS\sysupd.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\PROGRA~1\QUICKT~1\qttask.exe" -atboottime

O16 - DPF: {11111111-1111-1111-1111-111111111157} - file://C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Q330994.exe

O16 - DPF: {121AC498-3F3A-4C39-9BEA-CFC4EA809FDF} (XlocatorInstall.Install) - http://www.xlocator.com/download/xlocatorlight.CAB

O16 - DPF: {1D6711C8-7154-40BB-8380-3DEA45B69CBF} (Web P2P Installer) -

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = z71ss.com

O17 - HKLM\Software\..\Telephony: DomainName = z71ss.com

O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{3FA20F6B-5BDA-47CA-BC4D-A923E2CE43AB}: NameServer = 4.2.2.3,4.2.2.4

O17 - HKLM\System\CS2\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = z71ss.com

O17 - HKLM\System\CS3\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = z71ss.com[/QUOTE]

then reboot into safe mode and delete:
C:\Program Files\MyWay
C:\WINDOWS\system\regsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\szchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\P2P Networking
C:\WINDOWS\sysupd.exe
then run this uninstaller :
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=3446

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ready.223938/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello fellow tech support guy..
I have a pc with 2 gb ram,Geforce 8400gs(512mb),Core 2 duo e6600 and Xp Os...http://b.tsgstatic.com/smilies/frown.gif
I want to run Crysis at Medium settings at 25 Fps....Ready to do whatever it takes...Upgrading is not an option 4 me now...
I have over clocked gpu At least 4 %...I am ready to overclock the cpu....Pls provide a method to overclock like Rivatuner...
I am unable to acess BIos.....Sorry for the stupid point to point language..http://b.tsgstatic.com/smilies/redface.gif
Everyone is Requested to comment on whatever u think...Pls I really want to play.it.....

BtW...Whwn I play Modern Warfare 2 ..I get gud graphics at 25 Fps...

A:Ready 2 do anything...

sachins said:

Geforce 8400gs...Modern Warfare 2 ..,Click to expand...

No...just, no.

You wanna game? You'll need a gaming card. The 8400GS ain't gonna cut it, no matter how you tweak it.

I have that card and it's a decent, budget card, but it's no for gaming.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ready-2-do-anything.958393/
Relevancy 33.97%

First I am not asking anything illegal.

I have a new laptop 9 days old. I decided the other day to get familiar with it, transfer files to it and etc. Well, the installed programs requested I enter the key code and I do not and did not get the disk for the programs - Microsoft Office Suite or Windows XP. I received the laptop from Gateway - they say it was in the box - I say it wasn't - what do I do???

I am so upset. I have torn my house apart and the boxes that the computer was delivered in was searched a thousand times over. I can't handle this - What can I do?

MissDaizy

Relevancy 33.97%

I have a Creative 48X CD device. When I try to access it to run a CD, I get the message that the drive is not accessible and the device is not ready. Any thoughts?

A:CD-Rom not ready

I get that when my pc's been running for a while ....reboot if it don't fix it then some thing could be wrong with your cd player

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rom-not-ready.77094/
Relevancy 33.97%

eMachines EL1200-01e SFF desktop PC is powered by an AMD Athlon 2650e 1.6GHz processor.
I realize this forum is not about specifc computer brands. But I thought I would ask if anyone knew.

I did a Belarc Advisor on the above desktop. And Belarc states that this machine is "64 bit ready".

I have no idea what 64 bit ready means. I assume a pc computer is either 32 bit or 64 bit.

Anyone know what 64 bit ready means? Does it just mean that it is 64 bit?

A:64 bit ready

It means that your processor can handle 64-bit Windows 7 or Vista. In 64-bit architecture you can use more than 4gb of ram. In 32-bit the OS will only recognize just over 3gb of ram even if you have more installed. I have 3gb of ram in my laptop and still run 64-bit Windows 7 because it is faster and more secure than 32-bit Windows. 64-bit is still relatively new, so if you do go to 64-bit make sure that there are drivers available for your devices before you adventure into it. Also, some older apps will not run on 64-bit Windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/52719-64-bit-ready.html
Relevancy 33.97%

When I try to use the DVD player I get a message saying device not ready. What's gone wrong? Any ideas?

A:DVD-ROM not ready

go into the device manager and uninstall it,reboot and let windows reinstall and see if that fixes the problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-rom-not-ready.158688/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have spyware on my pc and decided to restart in safe mode by going into msconfig and checking the box.

I restarted the pc and got this message:

we apologize for the inconvenience but windows did not start successfully. A recent software or hardware change might have casued this.
....etc

It gives me 5 options (safe mode, start windows normally etc) but non of them work and the pc restarts, gets to the same screen and restarts again, regaredless of the option i choose. It continues this cycle unless i power it off

I dont know what to do now

Pls help!!

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 33.97%

Just a reminder:
Windows Insiders begin receiving Windows 10 in just 2 more days on July 29th.  Then all those who smartly did the Reserve thing.
Anyway, before migrating a prior OS to Windows, please, remember to do the following...
 Make sure the OS is clean, healthy, clear of any unwanted, unneeded stuff and fully up-to-date including WU.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584263/being-ready/
Relevancy 33.97%

On a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being "Absolutely Not Ready" and 10 being "Yes its Ready", I would be interested to read the views of others as to whether W10 is ready for RTM.

With 2 weeks to go my score on the above scale is "6".

T.

A:W10 - is it ready for RTM..?

Which build are you using?
Builds 10166/240 I give an 7-8 (wish i had more time to push it 24/7).
All issues I have had seem to be resolved and things just work.
Also performance and stability are greatly improved from previous builds, for me at least.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/w10-is-it-ready-for-rtm.1151751/
Relevancy 33.97%

hello,just wondering if that crazy idea i read is true.updating a xp pc by making it pos ready.changing a few lines on the registry and you can get updates from microsoft?

A:pos ready

From this topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534817/end-of-support-for-windows-xp-sp3-is-april-8-2014/ Microsoft's position on this hack: http://www.v3.co.uk/v3-uk/news/2346809/microsoft-cautions-against-windows-xp-update-trick Orange Blossom   Going to step in here and settle some things.The registry tweak in question falls under "defeating copyright and/or security measures" which is against the policy of this site. Microsoft has specified that updates for consumer versions are no longer available. People who are using this hack have taken matters into their own hands and appropriated Microsoft's code even though they have not purchased a license entitling them to the use of that code. Contrary to popular belief, you do not "own" the code in question. You have paid for the right to use said code. Specifically, you have paid for the right to use the code belonging to the version of Windows you have purchased. Altering your installation to acquire code from another version of Windows is theft. It might not seem fair to you, but that is what you agreed to when you purchased your version of Windows.Additionally, applying updates which were not designed for and have not been tested against your version of the OS is foolish and can result in instability, incomplete protection, and compatibility issues. It's dangerous.What you do with your version of Windows is your business; we are not in the business of judging. However, the registry hack is not to be recommended or suggested on this board for the above reasons. End of story.~BladeForum Administrator

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536464/pos-ready/
Relevancy 33.97%

When I boot up the logon screen shows quot NFC Not Ready Now quot along with my user account In order to log on I have to manually select my user account The computer previously had an ASUS Z -Deluxe Quad motherboard which supported NFC Express The motherboard was replaced with an ASUS Z -E without NFC support The Z would not shut down or go to sleep I had to physically turn of the PSU in order to turn the computer off but that problem was solved by replacing the motherboard The logon screen did not change after I replaced the motherboard I have searched the registry and cannot find an NFC logon key or value The NFC message does not appear if I chose the option to log on without a password My Now Not NFC Ready hardware includes an Intel i - K processor Samsung EVO TB SSD and GB memory Any help would be greatly appreciated I am running Window Pro which was upgraded from Win

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/57512-nfc-not-ready-now.html
Relevancy 33.97%

What does a OLD newbie look for to see if this PC is capable of performing VHS to VCD/DVD? I don't understand where to look or what to look for.

Thanks for putting up with me.

Relevancy 33.97%

i know this aint a computer question, but does anyone know if a hd dvd player will work with a hd ready tv and still actually look like its hd quality?

A:Hd ready

Yes, what do you think?

You can just pick up the HD DVD and BLU-RAY dvd player for your HDTV

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hd-ready.93721/
Relevancy 33.97%

I'm not sure if this is a hardware question or a Win question but you gotta start somewhere...

I'm running on a hp 6535 with Win98. I recently uninstalled some programs to make space and what-not and when I restarted, the machine stopped at the hp logo screen (before the win logo showed up). I putzed around and found if I opened and closed the CD tray the machine would continue on as normal.

Then I found that the CD-rom doesn't work. Is says it is not accesible and device is not ready. The device manager recognizes it and says it's working properly. I've done scandisk, defrag, safemode, but now I'm lost.

Is this software related, or is my CD-rom toast?

Relevancy 33.97%

Ok so heres the deal im not selling my PC yet i just wanted to know how much YOU would pay for ready 64-bit PC? my amazing PC and if ME and YOU are on the same level Everything apart from the RAM and case is under a year old Im not trying to sell my PC here just wondering what people in the know think Heres the specs Processor AMD Athlon MHz - current MHz Support Socket Codename NewCastle Motherboard ASUS K N nVidia nForce RAM Gb of Kingston RAM Kingston Mb DDR-SDRAM PC MHz - DDR- Kingston Mb DDR-SDRAM PC MHz - DDR- x Video Card PowerColor Radeon Pro AGP MB MHz Hard Disk Maxtor Gb ATA Model Maxtor B P I have two of them but want 64-bit ready PC? to keep one Sound Card Creative Labs SB Audigy ZS Audio Plus MSI CD-RW and MSI DVD player I want to keep my DVD-RW PS If you can find a PC close to want mean is like let me know so i can check the price thanks PSS A copy of my windows XP would come with it to nbsp

Relevancy 33.97%

Just got my new system, and it's supposed to be Win 7 Pro 64 bit, with 3.30 gig Intel Core i5-2500K...tweaked to 4.0 gigs...

But, when I used Belarc Advisor to see what is on the system, it shows "64-bit ready"... does that means my system is running at 32 bit?

I mean, if it were running on 64 bit, then why does it say 64-bit ready and not just say 64 bit?

ALso, what's a good way to tell if it's really tweaked from the manufacturer to run at 4 gigahertz?

Also, it shows "Not hyper-threaded"... wouldn't it be better to enable Not hyper-threading, or no?

A:64-bit ready???

Go to control panel/system. What does it say next to "system type"?

I think the 2500k is an i5 and I don't think it supports hyper-threading. The 2600K is an i7-with hyper-threading.

You can use something like CPU-Z to determine your actual clock speed--4.0 or whatever it is. Most 2500k processors will reach 4.0 without breaking much of a sweat.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/244680-64-bit-ready.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hey guys I am trying to get ready for the RC to be officially released so I can start running Windows I never installed Build Ready Getting for RC back when it was up for Getting Ready for RC download and recently I was just told to wait till the RC comes out and get that I currently am just checking HD space and trying to decide what I will do I've been looking at getting another HD recently Either a second GB mb cache for Raid or I think I might just get a WD TB Black Edition I don't know Anyways My current GB HD has GB Free of GB I was watching z r quot How to Dual Boot Windows BETA amp Vista quot Video and I was trying to make a partition like in his video and it wont let me Basically I go to My Computer click Manage then select disk management When I click and choose Shrink It only gives me MB of space to shrink How is that Not even GB and I have gb free Why would it do that I've actually never partitioned a HD Sad I know lol so I'm not sure what to do from here How big of a Hard Drive should I have or partition should I make to run Windows I think I might just get another GB and throw Windows on that and then I can just use either HD and either operating system Then set up Raid later What does everyone think here Thanks

A:Getting Ready for RC

Personally, I have 5 hard drives right now.
I would never go back to having just one hard drive.
I keep a C drive for windows and any applications that I need to install.
My other hard drives are storage drives which i have organized.

I highly would advise getting the second HD, and not running any sort of raid. Just keep your documents and important files on your second drive. That way you can format the drive with your OS / Applications and won't have to worry about your documents ever again

Also, I'm not entirely sure, but one reason windows won't let you resize your partition .. there could be files near the end of that partition, and maybe windows doesn't automatically move files to keep the partitions separate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/7918-getting-ready-rc.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Went to the xp readiness test site and received a Bios Update Needed alert to be compatable for XP.:
"BIOS Date 10/19/99 01/01/2000 None
Ready. The BIOS on this system was created after January 1, 2000. In most cases, systems with BIOS software this recent will be able to run Windows XP without problems. "

"More info
Sort of Ready. The BIOS on this system was created before January 1, 2000. Microsoft has indicated that problems may occur using Windows XP with an older BIOS. You may be able to obtain an update from your vendor. "

How much faith should i put into this ? And if so what next ?I am now running 98se and would like to try out XP.

A:xp ready ?

You could try to update the bios. Download a new BIOS and flash your EEPROM. But back up all your own files before doing this - if it goes wrong, you will need to get another main board (and probably processor and RAM too).

You could just try to stick Win XP on. I have put it on many computers made before XP was released. You might have a problem, but it's unlikely, and unlikely to be anything big.

I would be happy enough to go ahead if your processor and RAM were up to the job.

Make sure you back everything up before you start.
If you have 2 or more partitions then you might want to create a dual boot system (XP and 98).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-ready.163273/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi guys, need some help. I am looking thru the specifications of some Power Supplys for desktops and some of them stated that they are "v2.03 P4 ready". Any idea wat does it mean ??

Appreciate ur help.

A:What is v2.03 P4 ready ??

It means they have the 4 pin connector for the CPU.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-v2-03-p4-ready.332708/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi everyone, I am not sure if this has already been asked but here I go.

Is there a site I can go to that will show a list of games that are SLI ready and which games wont work with SLI?

Cheers

A:SLI Ready?

sli yields different performance returns across different games, and almost all modern games can take advantage of said feature.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sli-ready.28483/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have finally purchased a getting ready new vista equipped computer It should getting ready be delivered soon I have read in the dell reviews that purchasers were generally pleased with the machine Here is one excerpt I would like direction in reproducing when I get it quot Lots of bloatware boot from the Windows CD included and clean install to remove all of the Dell bloatware that comes with it quot Is this neccessary and how do I do it then Also I have some programs like spy bot and others that I would like to put into the new computer I have right clicked the spy bot and it gives the option to zip and email or copy If I chose copy I would like to copy it to disc Can I then add other programs or folders to the cdr Does it have to be all at once Final question what about all the favorite links What is the easiest way to get these links onto my new computer

A:getting ready

Hi Kiwi

Nice to see you here in the Vista forums.

Since you've been getting fairly good advice on your similiar thread over in the Win9x/Me forums, I'll keep my remarks here brief. Well, OK - brief for me (I was a lit major).

If you erased the drive completely to clean install Vista, and if Dell has a retore partition on the hard drive for dire-emergency repairs = you'd lose the use of that partition. If the version of Vista on your new Dell is Vista "Ultimate", however --- no problem, because the built-in Vista Backup tool is a complete disk-imaging program (with both full and incremental backup capability). If the version of Vista on your Dell is Basic, Home, or Home Premium, you do not have the disk-imaging version of Backup, and would then have to use other tools (such as Norton's Ghost or Acronis True Image) to manage Disaster recovery.

Most bundles can be uninstalled without any trouble, too, without having to erase things and start over. Be careful, though -- disconnect from networks (both wired and wireless) when making changes to firewall or antivirus programs -- otherwise you could be vulnerable during your changeovers. The firewall/antivirus/antispyware bundles included in most major-brands have shortish trial periods (often only 90 days, though some will go for up to a year). You'd mentioned SpyBot ... download a recent version directly to your new machine: it's recent versions are Vista compatible. It won't hurt anything to leave Vista's built-in "Defender" active ... it has some nice features, even if it doesn't catch much. I recommend avast! as a good (and thorough) free antivirus. Comodo surpassed ZoneAlarm as my favorite firewall on XP last year, but it's just recently that Comodo's Vista version has come out. I expect to give it a try later this week.

On your Favorites question: click on IE7's "Add to Favorites" Icon (the yellow star with the green plus sign - on the left side of the IE7 toolbar), then click on "Import and Export" ... and then on Export (in the Wizard) ... you can choose to export the whole Favorites folder (which will contain your current subfolders as well) ... for a destination, you can save to a USB key. Then, on your new Vista Dell, from the Import and Export Wizard, this time you'll choose Import, and select the files on your USB key.

Vista will take some getting used to: with the exception of a tendency to sluggishness on older systems (and a surprising unsuitability for intense gaming), it's a nice-looking, fairly secure, and easy-to-use version of Windows.

Best of luck
. . . Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/getting-ready-216226.html
Relevancy 33.97%

So just for kicks i'm trying to install Vista on a virtual machine, just to play around and see Vista, but whenever i attempt to install it, i get this error. "the exception unknown software exception oxe0000100 occurred in the application at location 0x77836d5c" don't know if this means anything to anyone, but it's worth a shot.

A:Am I ready?

Are you using Microsoft Virtual PC 2004? What are you system specs? Your computer needs to be powerful enough to run both Vista and the host operating system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/am-i-ready.541616/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello I ve been working on this off and on for a week or - searching the net hi and lo including this ...? then - - detected the detected, SB what Win98SE not on PCI128 site and can t come up w anything so I m resorting to posting here I ve just built this PC configuration should be in sig and SB PCI128 on Win98SE - detected, then not detected - what the ...? installed Win SE on it I have a SoundBlaster PCI CT w ES chip that I bought off a friend He didn SB PCI128 on Win98SE - detected, then not detected - what the ...? t have the original CD w drivers I ve downloaded SEVERAL different quot updated quot drivers from various sources including Creative but nothing seems to work Here s what happens Start PC Windows sees new hardware and starts installing drivers About the same time another window pops up Windows Creative Sound Blaster PCI Hardware not detected The driver will be disabled OK Press OK this reveals the window in the bg System Settings Change To finish setting up your new hardware you must restart your computer Do you want to restart your computer now YES NO Click Yes cmos whatever screens flash then Windows lite blue startup screen then dos screen for a few seconds - I have installed LetAssign that lets my quot Data drive quot be called D and the quot Games drive quot be called G etc then big blue screen with quot dos-like quot text Windows Creative Sound Blaster PCI Hardware not detected The driver will be disabled Press any key to continue Press quot any quot key Windows continues to start up just fine DeviceMgr shows quot Creative Labs Sound Blaster PCI quot with yellow exclamation point -- status says quot This device is either not present not working properly or does not have all the drivers installed Code Try upgrading the device drivers for this device quot The card is currently in PCI slot but it has been in slot and before this with the same results Another friend borrowed the card and put it in his Win machine and it worked just fine he only had or PCI slots available -- I have my graphics card in the AGP slot and NOTHING else well front and back USB ports One thing that I have tried is to look at the driver info and copy down all the files it listed I then went to the Windows directories and renamed all those files so that it would not be able to find any of them I was afraid I had some files for drivers version X and some others for version Y Anyway after that I was convinced I had a quot clean quot install and noticed something the mmdevldr vxd file was NOT installed when installing new drivers and in fact Windows complains about not being able to complete the installation b c that file was missing However it also did not COMPLAIN on startup about not finding the hardware even though it was present as a device in the device manager As soon as I renamed the mmdevldr vxd file back to its original name I got back to point A can t find the hardware device will be disabled ANY ideas Any other info I can provide Should I just try slots and as well I don t think it s an IRQ conflict at this point but I just don t know Thanks in advance -paul nbsp

A:SB PCI128 on Win98SE - detected, then not detected - what the ...?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sb-pci128-on-win98se-detected-then-not-detected-what-the.134107/
Relevancy 33.97%

I went to connect today and my dialup connection was gone.  I thought, well, I'll recreate it....but Windows would not let me and said (in the Connect to a Network box):  "Windows could not detect a dialup modem", "Is the modem connected?", "is the modem switched on?"

It is an internal modem.

I went to Device Manager, and there it is as usual, "This device is working properly".

A:Dialup modem detected, but not detected, huh?

Doing some searching gave me this solution:

It is caused by certain services being shut off for unknown reasons.... definitely unknown in my case (??).

Delete or rename the following folder:
c:\windows\system32\logfiles\wmi\rtbackup
(the folder, rtbackup)

However, it has some kind of protection and doesn't allow itself to be so changed.  I did it from a DOS boot disk with NTFS4DOS.

Everything is working.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/570038/dialup-modem-detected-but-not-detected-huh/
Relevancy 33.97%

So I've got a 2 GB flash drive for Ready Boost, and my RAM is 1 GB. Windows recommends 1,850 MB for Ready Boost, but since I don't use the flash drive for anything else (I bought it for Ready Boost), will I notice any improvements if I slide the slider all the way to the right and make it as close to 2 GB as possible?

Relevancy 33.97%

I previously posted a question about installing a WD HD in my Compaq. After fiddling around for a day, I gave up and purchased more memory (was 64, now have 256 but had to get 2 128 as suggested by local PC tech) and an ATA controller card as suggested.
I'm ready to install everything but have a couple of questions before I start. The Compaq setup disks state that the setup/diagnostics create a partition on the hard drive to store the information. Do I use this setup first, then the software from WD that came with the disk and then setup Windows?
Also a question about the memory, should I just put the new ones in before I start anything?
I also want to install a second CD, this one a CD-Re-Writable Recorder. Would I be better off running this off the ATA controller card also?

A:Ready To Install Hd -what's First?

The installation instructions will vary, depending on the O/S and hardware you're using. If that's a Promise IDE card with it's own BIOS, you need to install the drivers in the early stage of a W2K or WXP installation, or the system will die on the first reboot with an "Inaccessable Boot Device" blue screen.

I would most certainly install the memory before starting the installation, and make sure it's working properly.

There will be no benefit to connecting the CD to the extra controller, and you may run into boot issues with bootable CD's, I'd leave that one on the MB IDE ports.

I don't know about the Compaq specific setup, though I've setup a number of Compaq computers without using any of their software. If you can do a "plain Jane" install without the Compaq special partition and the like, it'll probably be easier to initially get running, and I suspect easier to figure out what's going on if you have problems.

Installing W2K/XP should be as easy as stuffing in the CD, booting from it, and following your nose. The only stop along the road is you need to hit F6 when prompted and install the new controller card drivers before proceeding with the installation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ready-to-install-hd-whats-first.121731/
Relevancy 33.97%

Ok I have not been on my computer for about two weeks. Before then, everything was running smooth. However, now my CD-ROM D: drive is not booting I guess.

Whenever I go to use it I get Device not ready. I have not changed any settings since I have not been on the computer to do so. I have restarted the comp and shutdown and restarted to no avail.

HELP!!!!

Relevancy 33.97%

Havent actually used the Cd drive in a long while, 5 months to be exact..But today, I bought a new piece of software i have eagerly been waiting to mess with...
I unwrap my new disc of sheer entertainment , pop it in the drive ...and nothing..
so I click the start tab, scroll up to run..
Browse for the D: drive ...and click it... POP UP! (D)D: drive not ready. wtf !!?? I Cancel, hit My Computer, select the D: drive, Hit properties...DRIVER NOT READY!
W T F!!??

I run update drivers, I seek hardware profiles, everything checks out ok. I WANNA RUN MY NEW Software! blah! im upset!

Kanne
Idiot in Ohio

Relevancy 33.97%

I have a 32-bit Vista computer that I plan on updating to Windows 7
So in checking the computers specs, according to Belarc, it's 64-bit ready
Since the computer only has 1GB RAM, I went to crucial.com and found out the RAM is only upgradeable to 4GB RAM
OK, so I'll upgrade to Windows 7 32-bit

However, I'm curious
--- What benefit is there in a motherboard that can handle only up to 4GB RAM to be 64-bit ready?

A:64-bit ready Vista

If you went to Crucial and ran their scan it is seeing that you currently are running a 32-bit operating system.

If you post the make and model of this computer I can find out what the maximum amount of RAM the motherboard will support.  This is what determines the amount of RAM you can install.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528493/64-bit-ready-vista/
Relevancy 33.97%

i am having trouble with a phillips cd/rw. it will sometimes not read the disc(genuine game disc-not copy). when i attempt to read it via my computer, i get "device not ready". have tried re-boot, norton sys check, defrag, virus scan etc but no change. i used to be able to get it to work by openeing and closing drawer several times but seems to be getting worse

thank you in advance for any help offered

Relevancy 33.97%

I have an HP computer that came with XP Media Center Edition I purchased it last says Vista No HP Ready? October In February of Vista Ready? HP says No this year I wiped the hard drive and installed the full version of Vista Home Premium I did have an issue or two with a couple of device drivers for the first couple of months A minor problem occurred recently that caused me to contact HP again about a driver The response I got was amazing It appears below After reading this response I looked over at the CPU case to just to make certain I hadn t imagined the Windows Vista Ready sticker that is still on the front of the computer I guess HP was just kidding quot Your computer comes pre-installed with Windows XP Media Center which is a OEM Original Equipment Manufacturer version of Operating System and HP does not recommend to upgrade or changing the operating system installed by the manufacturer since it might cause hardware and software conflicts Also note that desktop would be compatible only with the operating system installed by the Original Equipment Manufacturer quot nbsp

A:Vista Ready? HP says No

That's just a canned, CYA response from some anonymous idiot.
Try the HP forums, or give us more detail.
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/home.do?forumId=2

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-ready-hp-says-no.644066/
Relevancy 33.97%

Could anyone out there reccomend an easy to use, good program for creating "camera ready art"? Tks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/about-camera-ready-art.334962/
Relevancy 33.97%

hello guys. i wanna upgrade to vista ultimate from windows xp SP3, i have the x86 processor. from the website i checked my compatibility for my computer is the report is as follows:
These issues do not prevent your upgrade, but some applications and/or devices might not work once your upgrade completes.
SCSI and RAID controllers: SCSI/RAID Host Controller
Printers: Samsung ML-2510 Series
Universal Serial Bus controllers: USB Device
Acrobat Reader 7.*
MSN Explorer
Windows Messenger 5.1
wat i wanna know is the SCSI and RAID controllers and the Universal Serial Bus controllers how do i make those compatible with vista. and also let me know of anything else i need to watch out for. thanks. and i have a P4 2.6 GHz 2GB RAM.

Relevancy 33.97%

I had adware installed and accidentally deleted a quaranteened file. Well that file also had symstore.dll file in it (I guess) and I deleted it. Now every time I start my computer I get the error....error in dll...symstore.dll file missing. How do I get it back without going and buying a program to restore it. I have searched the internet for a week now and can't find anything. I looked here, but I don't know really how to open zip files. One more. I also get Loadqm error in QMGR.DLL. Don't know what that one is.....can someone please help I have already pulled out half of my hair and I am ready to pull the rest. Thank you in advance for anyone out there that can help me. Destiny68

Relevancy 33.97%

I have trouble making DVD Drive to play.Computer recognizes existence of Drive E,where DVD Drive is but is always showing "Drive E not ready". In Device Manager under CD Drives there is the proper driver but right above in CD Drive Controllers all I have is a Sony Driver that governs CD Drive D,repeated twice. I suspect that,perhaps there should be another Driver,like ATAPI that is under CD Drives+ below.... It is all perhaps nonsense, but I simply have no clue why my DVD Drive would stay dead to DVD Discs, while it works with CDs?My OS is Windows 98, DirectX is #9 and Graphic card is ATI All In Wonder Pro. Any helpful lantern of enlightment would be greatly appreciated!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drive-e-not-ready.298161/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi there!!!
I won a Dell Computer (just the tower/cpu part) at an auction at work.
It has Windows 2000 on it but that's apparently all.
Is there something I need in order to make this internet ready??
All other computers I ever owned always were. I would just get the modem from the high speed provider ...download their software for it and that would be it.
Do I need anything else??

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

Shelley

A:Internet ready?????

you my ready to go ---

whats the model of pC

IE comes with windows 2000

goto device manager

This is for XP - may be different for win2k I cant remember - it may like win98 have a device manager tab
start>
control panel>
system>
hardware tab>
device manager button>

look for network adapters

see if it has a LAN or something like a 100/10 ethernet device
or you may need just USB

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-ready.539415/
Relevancy 33.97%

My almost year old XP computer is starting to show it s age Not only does it need more ram but it sounds like the hard drive is laboring so I am getting things backed up I have a couple calm questions now that might not be later I use OE and I know how to back up my addresses but will I be able to import them into Vista I don t need to know how if I can just yet If Vista can t open my address book should I just save all the addresses in a doc and put them in by hand What about emails and settings or should I even save settings Will I be able to see the emails on Vista I have my bookmarks backed up at a couple different places on line They are taken care of I also use Yahoo Hotmail and Gmail all ready computer Getting for new for different things than OE I had no problem keeping backups on disk before NOW I wish I had some that held GB at a time LOL My regular disk should still work in Vista Getting ready for new computer shouldn t they I will have MS Works on the new machine and that is what I have on this one There shouldn t be a problem with old doc or the spreadsheets in Vista should there A new computer for me is always exciting and it is for me closer to a toy cause it sure don t make me much money lol but there are things I am going to miss too Like my CRT monitor The flat things play with my head a bit the doctor said what it was but I don t remember He said I may be able to get used to it but O Joy Thank you so much for any information you can give me Janet nbsp

A:Getting ready for new computer

The very first thing I'd recommend you do is to run Vista4Experts on your new machine. It will allow you to change some system settings that will not only speed things up, but remove several annoyances. It is not really for "experts" and could not be any simpler--just a column of changes and check marks for changes. You will probably want almost all of them checked except the ones to disable the sidebar and use Google for searches. But maybe you'll even want those. You can always run it and change them later.

No, you won't be able to import your OE addresses into Windows Mail easily, but it can be done and it may be easier with 2 conversions, to another format first. But ordinary eml files will still open.

Your Works files will only open in Works, so you will need to install it.

Forget "settings" since there are too many changes to transfer those.

Your bookmarks can be imported into IE.

I'm sure you'll enjoy Vista once you start getting used to it. I like it as much or more than XP and with SP1, Vista is a solid and reliable operating system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-ready-for-new-computer.690188/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have encountered a virus that is the most frustrating ever. It blocks my access to most internet sites, particularly ones that offer tools to remove these annoying worms, trojans, etc.

This one came as a windows alert in the bar at the bottom of the screen and my sister clicked on it. Now every time we try to access an internet site, a big window comes up (whole screen) and tells us that the site we are trying to visit is potentially dangerous. It gives us two options, "continue unprotected" or "obtain protection". If we click continue unprotected, the same warning continues to pop up. Of course, we aren't stupid enough to pay $59.95 on a site that has no identifying information.

What can we do? It allowed me to download a malware scan, but not the tool to eliminate the virus. HELPPPPP!

Relevancy 33.97%

I have tried all options provided by this site. The removal seems to work when in safe mode. as soon as i restart normal, it's back. Am I ready to run ComboFix?

A:Ready to run ComboFix???????

Please note the message text in blue at the top of this forum. No one should be using ComboFix unless specifically instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert who can interpret the logs. It is a powerful tool intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. Please read the pinned topic ComboFix usage, Questions, Help? - Look here. If you need further assistance with your malware infection, please read the pinned topic titled "Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help". If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next. In Step 7 there are instructions for downloading and running DDS which will create a Pseudo HJT Report as part of its log.When you have done that, post your log in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team Experts. A member of the Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer. If you post your log back in this thread, the response from the Malware Response Team will be delayed because your post will have to be moved. This means it will fall in line behind any others posted that same day.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/335468/ready-to-run-combofix/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have two different older computers that are both running Windows XP Home Edition. My main computer is totally jacked up with issues (Webroot detects Mal/FakeAVJS-A and Troj/Psyme-KY) and is running frustratingly slow and the other computer was used for medical records and I need to get it cleared off and restore factory settings before I can give it away. I've backed up all my important files and have tried to start system restore on both of the computers over using the (Ctrl+F11) option but it won't work. Are there any other suggestions or do I need to get some Dell CD's to do the restore? Any help is appreciated, thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ready-to-start-over.988262/
Relevancy 33.97%

So here's a little is ready Mom me... KILL to getting background about the Mom is getting ready to KILL me... situation My mother received a DELL laptop from my college as a christmas present and from day it has had problems I had the usual go-round with virus checkers and reg editing and such to no real solution So I took it back to them to format and re install all needed drivers and such A bad mistake that was Mom is getting ready to KILL me... on my part as it turns out the CD they were using to load all the drivers was infected with any number of viruses trojans worms spyware adware and general hateful crap---I know specifically the blaster worm was rampant on campus last year So here I am almost a year later with her xmas present that's became a large paperweight of which I promised I would fix before her birthday in Nov and I'm just now getting around to fixing it So taking one big step forward here's the HJT log of the DELL from HELL Thanks in advance for any help ya'll may have Blake -------------- Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C WINNT System svchost exe C PROGRA Norton navapsvc exe C PROGRA Norton npssvc exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT system stisvc exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system svchost exe C PROGRA Norton alertsvc exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C WINNT system kmw run exe C WINNT etqbq exe C WINNT system navupdaterx exe C WINNT system wuauclt exe C WINNT system Xkhbgz exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exe C WINNT system nmmdx exe C Program Files AutoUpdate AutoUpdate exe C WINNT system SahAgent exe C Program Files ISTsvc istsvc exe C Program Files America Online aoltray exe C WINNT system KMW SHOW EXE C Program Files AOL Companion companion exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpobnz exe C Program Files Norton navapw exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hposol exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpoevm exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Bin hpoSTS exe C Program Files CxtPls CxtPls exe C Program Files BullsEye Network bin bargains exe C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by America Online R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file O - BHO BHObj Class - - F D- C- E - A C E C - C WINNT nem dll O - BHO no name - BE- D - CEB-ADD -E A D - C Program Files CxtPls cxtpls dll O - BHO no name - D E B - CE- B-BE B-A B E - C PROGRA SEARCH SEARCH DLL O - BHO BHObj Class - F E -F E- B E- D - EA C E - C WINNT wsem dll O - BHO BAHelper Class - A FDD -A - - - ED E DBBB - C Program Files SideFind sfbho dll O - BHO IEHlprObjClass - CE C CF - B - D -ABED- C - C Program Files Kensington MouseWorks IE SPY DLL file missing O - BHO ADP UrlCatcher Class - F E - E- -BE D-ED A FD DA - C WINNT system msbe dll O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll - amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - D A-C B- -B B-B B E D C - C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dll O - Toolbar ISTbar - F ABCDB-A - c - -B A E - C PROGRA ISTbar istbar dll file missing O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run NPS Event Checker C PROGRA Norton npscheck exe O - HKLM Run AOLDialer C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exe O - HKLM Run RealTray C Program Files Real RealPlayer Re... Read more

A:Mom is getting ready to KILL me...

Hello,Go via control panel > software > add/remove programs and uninstall next:AutoUpdateSearchrelevancyAproposSideFindBargainBuddyBullsEye NetworkIstbarREBOOT afterwardsDownload the latest version of Ad-Aware:http://www.lavasoft.de/support/download/After installing AAW, and before running the program.Please be sure to update the reference file following the instructions here:http://www.lavahelp.net/howto/updref/Reconfigure Ad-Aware for Full Scan:Launch the program, and click on the Gear at the top of the start screen.Click the 'Scanning' button.Under Drives, Folders and Files, select 'Scan within Archives'.Click 'Click here to select Drives + folders' and select your installed hard drives.Under Memory & Registry, select all options.Click the 'Advanced' button.Under 'Log-file detail level', select all options.Click the 'Tweaks' button.Under 'Scanning Engine', select the following:'Unload recognized processes during scanning.'Under 'Cleaning Engine', select the following:'Let Windows remove files in use after reboot.'Click on 'Proceed' to save these Preferences.Run the Ad-Aware scan and allow it to remove everything it finds and then REBOOT to allow it to finish. Also install Spybot S&d: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/Update it before and let it perform a full scan and let it delete everything it is finding!!Reboot once again and post a new hijackthislog.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/26873/mom-is-getting-ready-to-kill-me/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have a few questions on this..

1) how does ready boost work?
2) I have a 2 gig usb drive that im using with ready boost but I havent noticed a memor difference in my graphics applications.
3) Can I add more usb drives and use more ready boost to up my ram?

Im a noivce to Vista.. I am runing 2 gigs of ram on my laptop a dell (hell) and I have running - 3d max 7, photoshop cs3 extended and usually either IE or flock running to upload my images to the web. I have a 2 gig usb drive hooked up using ready boost - it is allways flashing.. any way to add another usb drive to use as ram? or overclock the 2gig usb stick?

Can someone educate me on this?

A MadCat Claudia

A:ready boost

Taken from Windows Administration: Inside the Windows Vista Kernel: Part 2

ReadyBoost
The speed of CPUs and memory are fast outpacing that of hard disks, so disks are a common system performance bottleneck. Random disk I/O is especially expensive because disk head seek times are on the order of 10 milliseconds-an eternity for today's 3GHz processors. While RAM is ideal for caching disk data, it is relatively expensive. Flash memory, however, is generally cheaper and can service random reads up to 10 times faster than a typical hard disk. Windows Vista, therefore, includes a feature called ReadyBoost to take advantage of flash memory storage devices by creating an intermediate caching layer on them that logically sits between memory and disks.

If you aren't already using a device for caching, and the new device is between 256MB and 32GB in size, has a transfer rate of 2.5MB/s or higher for random 4KB reads, and has a transfer rate of 1.75MB/s or higher for random 512KB writes, then ReadyBoost will ask if you'd like to dedicate up to 4GB of the storage for disk caching. (Although ReadyBoost can use NTFS, it limits the maximum cache size to 4GB to accommodate FAT32 limitations.) If you agree, then the service creates a caching file named ReadyBoost.sfcache in the root of the device and asks SuperFetch to prepopulate the cache in the background.

After the ReadyBoost service initializes caching, the Ecache.sys device driver intercepts all reads and writes to local hard disk volumes (C:\, for example), and copies any data being written into the caching file that the service created. Ecache.sys compresses data and typically achieves a 2:1 compression ratio so a 4GB cache file will usually contain 8GB of data. The driver encrypts each block it writes using Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption with a randomly generated per-boot session key in order to guarantee the privacy of the data in the cache if the device is removed from the system.

When ReadyBoost sees random reads that can be satisfied from the cache, it services them from there, but because hard disks have better sequential read access than flash memory, it lets reads that are part of sequential access patterns go directly to the disk even if the data is in the cache.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/176992-ready-boost.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Please help me someone I have two problems I seem to have quot prolivation quot spyware on my pc and I have tried things mentioned in all the previous post on here regarding this annoying thing I cant get rid off it Please in your reply could you talk in laymans terms as I am a bit thick you know Another problem I have is that I have in the past confession time been to a porn site nuke to pc! ready my or two Now somtimes just sometimes when I type in an address into the address bar I get redirected to ready to nuke my pc! a porn site It seems to ignore what I typed completely It then when you try to close the window opens more windows to other porn sites This is most disconcerting especialy when my wife does it and my son six years old may end up doing it ready to nuke my pc! too Please help if you can I am almost at my whits end Kind Regards Jeff nbsp

Relevancy 33.97%

Bringing home a new PC tomorrow. Going to attempt to transfer apps and files from old to new myself. Before I do that, what
diagnostics should I run to make sure I'm not taking any bad stuff over to the new? I'm running XP; my new machine comes with Windows 7 Home.

Also, could you please direct me to a tutorial on how to do a transfer, utilizing an external hard drive (USB)?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/332144/getting-ready-to-transfer-from-old-pc-to-new/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone has used readyboost? and if so does it increase performance much at all. I have an LG flash drive but readyboost says its not compatible to use so what type of flash drive do you need to have as the LG I have is 2 gig capacity and only about 6 months old.

A:Ready Boost

Monty007.
The less main memory you have, the more you will notice readyboost's help with performance.
Readyboost requires a usb 2.0 flash device between 250MB and 4GB in size.
It must be capable of 2.5MB/sec throughput for 4K "random" reads and 1.75MB/sec for "random" writes.
Many flash drive makers rate the speed of their devices using "sequential" read performance, which is not the same.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/93701/ready-boost/