Windows Support Forum

How to enable sound when plugging/unplugging charger for laptop.

Q: How to enable sound when plugging/unplugging charger for laptop.

I was wondering if anyone is familiar with a method to enable sounds for when you plug in or remove a charger connected to your laptop. It is not a problem with my pc, but is an option that is not available for me which i would like to install to let me know if i accidentally unplugged the charger, particularly if I'm working on a full-screen feature. Any help would be appreciated.
I have Windows 7 home Premium 32-bit installed.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How to enable sound when plugging/unplugging charger for laptop.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: How to enable sound when plugging/unplugging charger for laptop.

In the System Sounds, there is an option for device connect or disconnect. This will probably do what you want. You will have to assign a sound for those functions.

The System Sounds panel can be accessed from Start/Control Panel/Hardware and Sounds. Click on "Change System Sounds".

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/263549-how-enable-sound-when-plugging-unplugging-charger-laptop.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Hey guys I ran into a little problem recently and would like to share it I know it is supposedly ok to plug devices Plugging/unplugging sound USB cables in and out while the computer is on but to be safe I have always gone through the Safely Remove Hardware icon For some reason though I have always felt it is safe to just plug sound devices in and out with no regard to whether the computer is on or not Have done this for years However I noticed a few days ago that one channel of my onboard sound line input had quit on my newest Plugging/unplugging sound devices MB I did not realize this for awhile because somehow the system had just rerouted the one channel into both sides when writing to the CD or DVD I noticed that Joe Walsh appeared to be playing an unplugged guitar on the Eagles Hell Freezes Over concert after transferring from my old VHS tape to DVD even though both speakers were working LOL Anyway I fixed the problem by just installing a sound card by the way even a cheap sound card is at least as good as most onboard sound mine sounds much better than the original So would you guys advise having the computer turned off even to plug in headphones for instance nbsp

A:Plugging/unplugging sound devices

No, 1/8" jacks can freely be plugged/unplugged while the computer is on, and when you're outputting sound.
As to why the jack went dead, coud've been just natural death of age, removing the plug at an extreme angle and damaging the jack, etc...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/plugging-unplugging-sound-devices.871417/
Relevancy 92.02%

Is it safe to unplug my mouse and then plug it back in again into it's USB port without shutting down my laptop?

Is it safe to plug in my laptops power cord while my laptop is running without shutting down first?

A:Plugging in and Unplugging cords while laptop is running?

Yes and yes, except if you are going to unplug the power cord do it from the wall socket first and be sure you have plenty of charge on the battery.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/plugging-in-and-unplugging-cords-while-laptop-is-running.1155961/
Relevancy 91.16%

I have a Dell Vostro running Vista Home Basic AC freezes and plugging laptop adapter when power unplugging and have had two periods in the laptop s existence where it would mysteriously freeze You could see everything on the screen and the power lights were on but it would not respond except to a hard reboot by holding the power butting down for seconds I am going through one of those periods now and have discovered that the problem happens when I am either plugging or unplugging the AC power adapter but don t know why I have been all over the web for a solution and while it does seem I am not alone laptop freezes when plugging and unplugging AC power adapter with this problem I have not read a sensible solution yet My favorite laptop freezes when plugging and unplugging AC power adapter bad answer is quot don t unplug your laptop when it s on quot So does anyone know what it could be I wanted to look at system logs and so went into the Event Viewer not even sure what to look for but didn t see anything that looked like a likely culprit Please help Thanks Neil nbsp

A:laptop freezes when plugging and unplugging AC power adapter

being a member of the Dell Community Forum, I looked there and found this

A lot things happen in Windows when inserting the AC power adapter.

To check if it's a classic CPU lock-up: repeatedly press capslock. If the capslock light doesn't change, there's no live in there.

Assuming the CPU is locked up: It's possible there's a log entry in the system log just before the AC power adapter is inserted. These entries give clues where to look, just before things went sour.

Next try to reproduce it in Safe Mode (press F8 when Windows start) If it's also in Safe Mode - try running an alternative OS (no need to install)

If the problem also shows up here - most likely it's a hardware issue.

Otherwise it's a windows issue - might be driver related.

the "alternate OS thing is a link on the forum web site. Click here to go to that site.

Hope this is some help... Raybro

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-freezes-when-plugging-and-unplugging-ac-power-adapter.983699/
Relevancy 90.73%

Hello! I have been looking online for websites where I can get help for my laptop. I have a Toshiba Satellite L55-C5272. I broke the screen, and replaced it. Then I had one other issue, every time I remove the charger from the laptop, my laptop automatically shuts down. Even with 100% battery. I dont' know what the cause of this is, but I do know I was not messing with the battery. This laptop is about 2 months old, and I don't know what else to do.

If you have any advice or suggestions, you may email me at [email protected]

Thank you for your time,
JennyBeary

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unplugging-my-charger-shuts-down-my-laptop.1165612/
Relevancy 86.43%

I have IBM 1871PA2 thinkpad laptop. I have issues that it shuts off few minutes after plugging in the charger or sometimes it just freezes and I cannot do any thing. All I have to do to get back into laptop is force restart. I tried running on AC power without battery. Same issue. Need assistance.

Relevancy 85.57%

Hello My year old Lenovo Ideapad Z shut down after i plugged in the charger and im unable to turn it on now I was watching a video on YT and realised my battery was about so i decided to plug in the charger After I did that the screen went black without any warning the laptop just turned off When i press the power button charger, to shut cant plugging after it Laptop down turn it nothing happens and whats more suprising is that the LED light that lights up when the charger is connected Laptop shut down after plugging it to charger, cant turn it doesnt work either So it just kinda died Nothing smelled bad the laptop wasnt hot at all i have no idea what had happened There was no noise when i turned the charger on So if u have any idea what could have happened and how to fix it please let me know I tried the sec sec push power button without battery charger and it didnt work Thanks in advance for any Laptop shut down after plugging it to charger, cant turn it possible solutions or ideas

A:Laptop shut down after plugging it to charger, cant turn it

Well you could try testing to see if it is the power cord or the battery first.

Try a different charger cord with the laptop and see if it works. If that doesn't do it, try a different battery.

Should that not work, then you may need to have it looked at to see if it is fixable, or needs replacing.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3130218/laptop-shut-plugging-charger-turn.html
Relevancy 85.57%

The past few days my laptop has been freezing after about minutes lately the amount of time has been minutes plugging my after laptop charger. 10-20 in freezes My decreasing to now about minutes First it would only freeze if it went idle but now it's freezing randomly My laptop freezes 10-20 minutes after plugging in my charger. It would only freeze when I plug in my charger I replaced my adapter to see if that was the problem but it wasn't I also tried changing my set up so that my computer wouldn't sleep but still it would freeze I also launched CCleaner to try and clean up my registry and though it did fix up some problems yes once again my laptop would freeze My laptop freezes 10-20 minutes after plugging in my charger. I installed several anti-virus malware programs as well but none of them seemed to work They wouldn't detect anything through quick scan but once I try full scan it would freeze I tried going into safe mode but before making it in my laptop would stop and go into regular mode And just a few minutes ago I got the blue screen of death Please help

A:My laptop freezes 10-20 minutes after plugging in my charger.

Make sure the charger has same specs as original factory one.

Run memtest86+ - http://www.techsupportforum.com/2863029-post5.html

Run HDD diagnostics - http://www.techsupportforum.com/2828431-post7.html

Uninstall all of the security apps; reboot after each removal. Install MSE - http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-laptop-freezes-10-20-minutes-after-plugging-in-my-charger-538945.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Getting ready to do the install on my new SSD with some trepidation. I have Raptors in Raid 0 right now and would like to simply unplug them, set the BIOS to AHCI and use the 0 port for the SSD experiment/potential fiasco. What I hope to be able to do if the SSD doesn't like me, is to unplug it, set the BIOS back to Raid, plug in the Raptors and pretend the whole thing never happened. Does this stand a chance of working?

A:Plugging and Unplugging!

I wouldnt unplug the raptor raid - if you use intel raid (the one i'm sure of and probably similar, or the same for others) when you enable raid in the bios it also enables AHCI - so you should be good to go with testing the ssd drive - just unplugging a raid array can be very hard to set up again - i did it years ago and it was a miracle i got it back up and going again (that included reinstalling the OS) so not recommended - it also depends what options are available in the raid rom (i think its called) which you set it up in before you install the OS. From memory, which is bad, the problem was it couldnt recognise one or both the drives.
It depends on your motherboard I guess but for mind it should be ok - running raid and using the same controller to use a ssd drive in AHCI mode - but treat this as my opinion - you should be able to find information on your motherboards site, or intel etc's, site. Or wait for more replies as Im uncertain and more repies means more suggestions.
If it has 2 controllers eg intel and jmicron use the JMICRON if it supports AHCI to be on the safe side.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/167270-plugging-unplugging.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi everyone, hope this is a good year for all. I just picked up a new computer running xp. It came without a floppy drive, so I picked up a portable external usb floppy drive. Is it ok to plug in, and unplug the floppy to the usb port with the computer on? Thanks for the tips/advice.

Regards
IMP49

Relevancy 77.4%

My problem is this, my motherboard is Biostar TP67B and I have downloaded the sound drivers from the manufacturer website which is realtek high definition audio.However, If i had left my headphone plugged into my front panel jack and when I restart my computer, the headphone icon keeps flickering saying its plugged and unplugged constantly when it is in fact plugged in. I had tinker around a little bit and I have no idea how to fix this problem now. Its going bad to worse as it unplugs itself randomly now. I'm trying to go for a full reinstall of my sound drivers.

A:Headphones Plugging and Unplugging constantly bug

Have you tried a different headphone? Maybe the headphone and not the PC or headphone jack.

If not the headphone, check the connection from the front panel at the motherboard, May be a bad connection there. Reseat (unplug then plug back in) the connector at the motherboard. If it still has problems I would suspect the front panel headphone jack, or the wiring.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/294728-headphones-plugging-unplugging-constantly-bug.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I want to disbale the beep tone that sounds when plugging / unplugging the charger. I tried all the methods I could find online, but either those options are not available in this model or did not work. Please guide me in this regard. Its really annoying and distracting in a library or classroom setting. The OS I am running is Windows 8.1.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Disabling-the-beep-tone-when-plugging-unplugging-charger-Acer-E1/td-p/438320/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi all I m at a dorm room with cable internet It usually works unplugging plugging to after can't then internet connect cable fine but now if I unplug it then plug it back the computer doesn t connect to the internet anymore Sometimes it says it s acquiring network address can't connect to internet after unplugging then plugging cable but that doesn t change The computer connects to the internet fine if I turned on the computer with the cable already plugged in Another computer doesn t have can't connect to internet after unplugging then plugging cable this problem with the same cable always able to connect after being unplugged plugged Both computers are on Win XP I suspect the Windows firewall has something to do with it if only because it is turned on the the problematic computer and not on the other one I couldn t turn it off however because it doesn t let me open up Windows Firewall Settings giving me the message that the quot associated service is not running quot and whether or not I could like to start it If I click quot Yes quot it simply says it quot cannot open Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing service quot Please let me know what the problem might be and what i can try to get it working again I hope I haven t given too much useless information haha Thanks Dave nbsp

Relevancy 76.54%

Hi all,

Acer 7740g, Windows 7 HE.
I have this annoying problem that when my AC power is plugged or unplugged it makes a beep.
Muting the sound completely helps, but that's sometimes not an option.

I tried the following and no luck:

Editing a registry entry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Sound\Beep and changed it to "No".
Uninstalling the Beep device from my device manager.
Turning off my pc speaker, unfortunately, I didn't find where I can disable it.

My sound card drivers are: Realtek 6.0.1.5969

Anyone has another idea?

Thanks.

A:Annoying beep when plugging/unplugging AC Power

This forum is for "Business Applications", not hardware problems.
Please post on the correct forum which is "Hardware" here: http://forums.techguy.org/19-hardware/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/annoying-beep-when-plugging-unplugging-ac-power.976791/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi all,

Acer 7740g, Windows 7 HE.
I have this annoying problem that when my AC power is plugged or unplugged it makes a beep.
Muting the sound completely helps, but that's sometimes not an option.

I tried the following and no luck:

Editing a registry entry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Sound\Beep and changed it to "No".
Uninstalling the Beep device from my device manager.
Turning off my pc speaker, unfortunately, I didn't find where I can disable it.

My sound card drivers are: Realtek 6.0.1.5969

Anyone has another idea?

Thanks.

Relevancy 76.54%

Hi I have problem with my mouse and keyboard they are unplugging I read many tutorials here but nothing helped me Mouse and keyboard are randomly unplugging and plugging but after this they are unplugging and I must Mouse and and Win7/8.1/10 keyboard is plugging unplugging restart computer Its ridiculous because usb headphones are working Problem started when I had Windows after I formated to now I have and problem is still I tried some other mouses and keyboards but didn t helped I changed some hardware but didnt helped too I found something strange My standard mouse and keyboard are turning off and I must restart computer but new set is unplugging and plugging sometimes before turn off Win7/8.1/10 Mouse and keyboard is unplugging and plugging Help me please sorry for my english My pc cpu i k with box cooler mobo Asus Maximus IV Extreme-z before I had ASRock p pro b gpu Gtx Msi before Radeon R x oc hdd Seagate ST DM and Seagate ST DM psu Thermaltake smart se w before chieftec gpa- s case SilentiumPc gladius ram gb - x gb samsung x gb kingston nbsp

A:Win7/8.1/10 Mouse and keyboard is unplugging and plugging

Have you made sure that you have the latest drivers for your motherboard? Also what keyboard and mouse? And are you getting any notification on screen when they disconnect?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win7-8-1-10-mouse-and-keyboard-is-unplugging-and-plugging.1160504/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello, I've noticed that my computer crashes everytime i unplug or i plug in and USB drive. Today I bought a new USB mouse and when I connected it no crashes were seen, but when my pc installed the last driver, the BSoD appeared once again. I'm using Win7 64b and I really don't know what can I do, I've tried everything like uninstalling all USB drivers and recreate the INFCACHE.1 file, but still nothing. What can I do to solve this?
Thanks in advance.

A:BSoD when plugging/unplugging USB and when installing USB drivers

1) Does it happen with all usb devices or only the mouse?

2) Does it happen with all usb ports?

3) Does it happen in safe mode?

4) Look in device manager - are there any yellow or red symblos?

5) Download and install the newest chipset driver for your system. If it's a laptop, get it from the website of your laptop manufacturer. If it's a desktop, you can get it from either the desktop or the mobo manufacturer's website.

6) Look for a bios update.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523427/bsod-when-pluggingunplugging-usb-and-when-installing-usb-drivers/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi All Been a while since I ve posted but sitting here reading other s posts I almost forgot why I logged in I have a weird problem with my computer a little background I didn t turn the computer Computer unplugging and boot plugging motherboard power without won't on for a LONG time perhaps a year so one day I decided to boot it up and it won t boot past the post So I replaced the MB battery checked the power supply replaced the memory and it booted But then I turn it off and it won t boot again same problem with it not booting past the mem post So being that it was an Computer won't boot without unplugging and plugging motherboard power old computer I figured I d just build myself a new machine and use the hard drive as a slave There are programs on the drive that I want to use that I cannot replace Well I tried doing that but the new computer won t see the drive it won t even boot with it plugged in So I take the hard Computer won't boot without unplugging and plugging motherboard power drive to another machine that I know works fine and it boots Problem solved so I thought I turn it off and try and turn it back on nothing no beeps no post nothing So I tried changing the power supply and plug all back in and it boots Turn it off nothing Long story short if I unplug the motherboard power cord from the board and plug it back in it boots but if I turn it off I have to repeat the motherboard plug thing to get it to boot again I have had the drive checked for viruses and it s clean I have to admit I am stumped Any ideas Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated The system is a abit kt mb with a WD caviar hard drive I m thinking the hard drive is the culprit since it has produced the same issues on boards I just don t understand why it boots only if I unplug and plug the mb main power nbsp

A:Computer won't boot without unplugging and plugging motherboard power

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-boot-without-unplugging-and-plugging-motherboard-power.857188/
Relevancy 75.68%

I have the Hyperx Cloud and the microphone easily unplugs from the headphones so that you can choose to not have a mic some times. While I was talking with my friends on skype and needed to mute the mic quickly so I just pulled out the microphone and when i plugged it back in it didn't work. I have googled many solutions but nothing seems to work.

A:Simply unplugging my headphones and plugging them back in seemed to break them. HELP!

Do the speakers still work after you have unattached /reattached the mic?

Presuming you are running Windows (as you haven't specified)

Open control panel, then open Sound (depending on your OS and view options you may need to click on the Hardware and Sound option first or similar)

In the sound window, click on the Recording tab.

With the Mic attached how many devices do you see?

Is the Mic on your headset set as Default?

If you remove the mic and reattach (with the sound window open) does the mic get recognised and show back up in this list?

Does it remain as default / enabled?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/simply-unplugging-my-headphones-and-plugging-them-back-in-seemed-to-break-them-help.1150236/
Relevancy 75.68%

Dual Core Windows Pro bit Toshiba laptop My daughter was working on a Power Point project for school She went to plug in her flash drive and it didn t seem to load the drive up She unplugged it and then plugged it back in We got a BSOD We restarted it and it BSOD again I tried some general troubleshooting including restoring it to a previous version and now cannot get into Windows at all Not even in safe mode Now I am getting multiple BSODs Currently I am seeing these BSODs I am getting one when just trying to start and run windows I am getting a BSOD about memory management If I try to go into safe mode it loads the files and then I get a BSOD regarding the fbwf sys Using the Windows disc I have flash after unplugging BSODs in drive. plugging and Multiple been able to get to the System Recovery Options It finds my Multiple BSODs after unplugging and plugging in flash drive. install and then blue screens with IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL or Driver IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL even before it gets to finding my install Other BSODs I know I have seen are regarding the Ntfs Sys and PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA I was able to run a mem test on it at one point and it said everything was fine I would appreciate any help or advice you can give me since I can t even get to a command prompt or safe mode

A:Multiple BSODs after unplugging and plugging in flash drive.

If you would like for us to be able to effectively help you, we will need you to follow the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions Please be sure to do each step, as outlined in the tutorial. By doing this, we will have the necessary information to help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/269447-multiple-bsods-after-unplugging-plugging-flash-drive.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Urgh Typical Install new case fans after moving HD cages from the front of Corsar T case Check they run ok Fine Put HD cages back in one in the space on the bottom of the case beside the PSU Fight with the cables to get the HDs connected and the modular PSU cables back into the PSU - Attempt to power on Nothing - Check cable try another power cable Nothing - No fans no lights nothing - No electrical sound when flipping the switch on the back of the PSU Seems I have a year warrant on the PSU and its only about years old But Corsair RMA system insists that you HX750, cables dead Corsair and after unplugging, reseating re-plugging quot try another PSU to verify the problem is Corsair HX750, dead after reseating and unplugging, re-plugging cables the PSU quot which is fair enough so off to buy another PSU probably another Corsair Hope the RMA system allows for refund rather than replacement otherwise I ll have PSUs which isn t really much use I guess I can use this as an opportunity to upgrade to a bigger PSU since CF HD SSD i K Ghz a powered device connected to almost every single USB port is probably getting towards it s limits I can then stick any replacement HX on Ebay Corsair HX750, dead after reseating and unplugging, re-plugging cables or something nbsp

A:Corsair HX750, dead after reseating and unplugging, re-plugging cables

Arris said:

Seems I have a 7 year warrant on the PSU and its only about 3 years old. But Corsair RMA system insists that you "try another PSU to verify the problem is the PSU" which is fair enough so off to buy another PSU, probably another Corsair.Click to expand...

I didn't have any fuss with my Corsair RMA request, when I mentioned using a Power Supply Tester.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-hx750-dead-after-reseating-and-unplugging-re-plugging-cables.197056/
Relevancy 73.96%

I went to start up my computer earlier and it would not boot up properly. Looking online someone mentioned it could be faulty memory. So one by one I took them out and started up the computer to see if it would boot with potentially removing a faulty memory stick. None of them seemed to be causing a problem so after installing all the memory back properly, neither of my monitors no longer receive a signal.

I have tried reconnecting everything and checking all connections. I have tried turning off the computer and extracting the CMOS battery for 30 seconds. Not sure what they next step in solving this is.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606697/monitors-no-longer-receive-signal-after-unplugging-and-plugging-memory-back-in/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi,First of all sorry for the bad english. It is not my native language. I upgraded my E550 to the new aniversery update from windows 10. And since a couple of days my computer freezes when I'm unplugging my chargerI have to press the power down button to restart it and to get it to work again. When I restart my Laptop the battery is not charging when I my charger is plugged in.Also when I do that it sometimes creates a BSOD with a message DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION And when all this is over it works fine again. I tried searching for driver updates but I don't find a new version of the charger driverAnd I didn't came across other people with the same issue. I also don't see the point in upgrading the BIOS since my laptop (like most) starts in UEFI Kind regards Brecht  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/Thinkpad-E550-freezes-after-unplugging-charger-windows-10/td-p/3393198
Relevancy 71.81%

When  I unplug the power cord/charger from the computer when it is running the laptop will BlueScreen and reboot, message when this happens is Kernal_Security_Check_Failure.  Battery is fully charged and showing 100%.  The charger is outputting 19.5V DC.  I also tried another Dell charger I have and the computer does the same thing, bluescreens and reboots??  Ran Dell diagnostics on internet support and everything passes.  Drivers are up to date and it indicates devices are working properly.
Anyone had this happen and how to fix it?

A:Dell 7559 shuts down (blue screen) immediately after unplugging charger

Does the system recognize the AC adapter, or does it show "unknown"?  F2 at powerup to check.
Will the system power up and stay running on battery only (no power adapter connected)?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19682983
Relevancy 70.95%

When I put in the original charger to my ThinkPad E555 after pressing the power button, I get a message the wrong charger is connected. But when connected later or when off the laptop charges fine. A BIOS bug? I have BIOS 1.18 and WIndows 10.

Moderator comment: Model added to subject for clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/E555-When-plugging-in-charger-while-booting-quot-wrong-charger/td-p/3288348
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi nbsp I've been using my X i for the last years or so and decided to upgrade to an i X a few days ago nbsp After a few days of no problems using the same charger I've been using in X230 dead plugging after charger on my X the w slim travel charger I plugged it in to charge while X230 dead after plugging in charger the laptop was powered on nbsp The laptop powered off instantly and now it will not power on again There are no status lights visible and nothing happens when I plug it in nbsp I have done all the steps of removing the battery and pressing the power button etc and on putting the battery back in the fingerprint sensor light was flickering orange - it is now back to no signs of life at all again other than the left side of the palmrest gets hot when I insert the battery nbsp I am strongly suspecting a fault with the charger fried the motherboard when I plugged it in but am wondering if anyone else has any suggestions before i try to make a claim within my remaining week of warranty nbsp Thnaks

A:X230 dead after plugging in charger

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X230-suddenly-powers-off/td-p/1853378 https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/x230-dead/td-p/1681933 YES, there seems to be some sort of problem!  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X230-dead-after-plugging-in-charger/td-p/2140733
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello, as I mentioned in subject after upgrade from widnows 8 to windows 10 when I'm plugging in charger screen turns off. The battery is still chargin thou, and when I'm plugging charger out display turns on. I'm waiting for suggestions, Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Screen-turns-off-after-plugging-charger/td-p/5604676
Relevancy 70.09%

First of all, thank you very much for all your previous help. I'm back with more difficulties. 

My laptop (HP Envy dv7) recently forced a Windows 8.1 update. Ever since, whenever I plug or unplug the charger, the screen goes black for a second or two. Troubleshooting didn't fix it? Help is much appreciated.

A:Temporary black screen (un)plugging charger

That means your display driver is not usable for windows 8 and windows 8.1. I would advise you to download and install Windows 7 display driver in compatibility mode and review if it helps.
There are few steps to set up window 7 display driver

Install & download display driver
Right click on the driver & go the properties
Select compatibility’ tab and test the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and click Windows 7 operating system from the drop down.
Finally click on button ”apply” then “ok” and run the file to install it

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/553117/temporary-black-screen-unplugging-charger/
Relevancy 70.09%

I recently bought a new Dell XPS 15 9550 laptop. Whenever I plug in the charger to charge the laptop, the IMDb webpage of the movie "Don't Breathe" opens. This only happens once, i.e. when I plug the charger for the first time and not after that. It's a really bizarre problem, which I am not understanding. Can someone else please shed a light on this?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19996459
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi, my new Acer V Nitro laptop makes a short, beep tone (coming from the speakers) when I plug and unplug the charger. I have read online that it is due to the driver and/or BIOS and I have done everything to disable it (installing new driver, searching for options in sound menu of Windows, going into the BIOS settings...). Finally, I have found the solution: deactivating the autostart of Realtek Audio driver on Windows start. Do you think that it is normal to hear this tone? I have completely reinstalled Windows and the tone finally reappeared (only after installing all updates). Thanks, 

A:Beep tone when plugging the charger - Acer V Nitro...

Hi, Well it makes a beep to tell you that the charger has been plugged in. Nothing wrong with this. It makes the same beep when you unplug the charger. It is normal, and it is implemented on more acer notebooks, not just yours.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Beep-tone-when-plugging-the-charger-Acer-V-Nitro-VN7-762G-55UA/td-p/429571/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 69.23%

anyone know how to do this? when plugging in to AC adapter, the system switches to a different power plan?

A:Any way to auto switch power plans when plugging in to charger?

Hi,
In what way,
There are already different settings for plugged in and battery usage
Power Plan Settings - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/349626-any-way-auto-switch-power-plans-when-plugging-charger.html
Relevancy 69.23%

My computer was on and i had the power cord in the top socket in my room and a extension cord in the socket below it. I had the monitor and phone chargers. I plugged in another phone charger that i was going to use with an xbox one controller to play with and the computer turned off and i saw a flash and the socket zapped. I smelt a gross burnt smell coming from something and i noticed a small hole in the power cord that i havent noticed before. The computer would not turn back on. I dont know what to do can someone help me?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601835/computer-wont-turn-on-after-plugging-in-charger-into-socket/
Relevancy 68.37%

I recently bought a wireless 3G USB modem / hot spot. Although i use it primarily by plugging in my PC USB port, It just occurred to me that my smartphone charger also has a USB port. So i was wondering if i can use the modem by using the charger USB port or not. That way i will not have to keep my PC powered on all the time. My charger has a output rating of 5V and 830mA. I reckon there shouldn't be a problem but want to be sure lest i damage the modem.

EDIT: The title should read 'Power' instead of 'Charge'. Apologies for any confusion caused !!

A:Solved: Can i charge my USB hot spot by plugging it in the cell phone charger?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-i-charge-my-usb-hot-spot-by-plugging-it-in-the-cell-phone-charger.1083759/
Relevancy 67.94%

I would like to be able to unplug my printer without having to 'safely remove hardware' first. Currently, if I don't do this, the printer is liable to be renamed the next time that it's plugged in, meaning that I have to determine the current incarnation via 'Devices and Printers' and then select the corresponding device in the dropdown. It didn't used to be like this!

I think the answer lies in some sort of performance boost... some sort of caching of data that Windows does before sending it all in one go... is it possible to disable this for this specific device, while retaining it for things which may benefit (USB flash drives?)?

A:How to enable unplugging of printer without 'safely removing hardware'

I do not have to do that for my Epson all in one or a Brother label printer that are USB connected. I can power either one off and there are no problems the next time I power it on. I have to use the Safely remove hardware function for my USB flash drive but that's all.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/93443-how-enable-unplugging-printer-without-safely-removing-hardware.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I want to achieve this without the use of two EDID Emulators, so hopefully in software (Is there something I can do in software to force an output on both an HDMI port (1920X1080P @ 60Hz) and a DisplayPort (4K @ 60Hz) ports regardless of something being plugged in).
I'm using an ASUS h110t motherboard with onboard graphics if that helps.
Thanks,
James

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436340-how-can-i-stop-programs-jumping-screen-screen-when-unplugging-re-plugging.html
Relevancy 64.93%

When i connect charger to laptop the power button and charger light starts button white light blinking my laptop model inspiron n5010
I tried all the steps like removing the battery and unplugged the charger and holds the power button for 30 second and reconnect no change.

A:When i connect charger to laptop the power button and charger light starts blinking

Hi ZMR 1986,
Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.
* Are you able to boot into windows normally?
* Please try to boot into BIOS <F2> and check what is the status of the battery / adapter listed.
* Please update the BIOS to the latest available version from our Dell Support Site.
* Can we check with an alternate adapter?
Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id.
(Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information).
Regards,DELL-Akshatha MSocial Media and Community Professional#IWork4Dell

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19682757
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,
Whenever i plugged in headphones before on computer,
there came up a box where it said '' choose as speaker,headphone,etc ''
but now it doesn't come up anymore. I even tried
pressing '' Activate automatic pop-up window when audio device has connected ''
But still nothing happens!? what is wrong!? i would love to use this feature again..
THANKS

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583011/re-enable-pop-up-box-when-plugging-in-headphones-activate-automatic-pop-up/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi,My laptop won't hold a charge. I have replaced the battery and charger. The only time it works is when the charger is inserted into the laptop but even though it's plugged in it won't charge and will shut down immediately after the charger is removed. Please help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-only-works-with-the-charger-inserted-but-the-charger/td-p/5744242
Relevancy 60.2%

My Dell Inspiron R doesn t recognize charger any more And charger. work Not charger 5720 Charger Inspiron doesn't Dell problem. recognized. with is 17R not unfortunately my warranty expired month ago It was plugged in and working in Dell Inspiron 17R 5720 doesn't work with charger. Charger is not recognized. Not charger problem. the morning but then in Dell Inspiron 17R 5720 doesn't work with charger. Charger is not recognized. Not charger problem. the afternoon I noticed that it was running on the battery only It wont start without battery just charger plugged in So here what I have done to debug Me and my brother we have purchased the same Dell laptops at the same time a year and a bit ago This is why for a debugging purposes it was good I took my charger and plugged in to his computer And it works Definitely not the charger issue I guess And when I plug charger in to my computer green light is still on the charger And I have the original charger that came with the laptop Now laptop works on the battery only so this means that motherboard is working I Dell Inspiron 17R 5720 doesn't work with charger. Charger is not recognized. Not charger problem. guess Next thing I did was unplugged charger and removed the battery from the laptop Then I pushed and hold quot Power quot button for seconds to discharge a flea charge Plugged charger back in but laptop wont start Next I started laptop on the battery went to BIOS and checked if the charger is recognized in the BIOS No it doesn t recognize charger So if it is not a charger then what else can it be Laptop doesn t have any strange smells so I m not sure if anything happened with the motherboard but I would assume mother board is ok because it works of the battery I was thinking updating the BIOS but I can t because it wont update while laptop runs on the battery it requires to be plugged in Now I m stuck I don t know what else I can do I m willing to spend a little bit more money on it to try fixing it If anybody had such problem in the past please let me know what have you done and whether it fixed it Or if anybody have other ideas I ll be happy and appreciated the help

A:Dell Inspiron 17R 5720 doesn't work with charger. Charger is not recognized. Not charger problem.

Hi CJ777,
Thanks for reaching out with your query. You pretty much figured out all points of failure. Good job.
If the adapter is not detected in BIOS, it most likely is an issue with the mother board. In the BIOS set up, AC adapter should show up as 65w or 90w. If the adapter status is 'None' or 'Unknown Device Installed', it indicates that the mother board is not detecting the adapter for which the battery is not getting charged. Once the battery charge drains, I'm sure the adapter will not charge it again. Replacing the system board should resolve this issue.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19525261
Relevancy 59.34%

yesterday I hooked up my PC to my home theter system and after unplugging it to put in my headphones the sound stopped working on either the earphones or the the stereo. Checked my sound devices and their drivers and went thru the XP troubleshooting menus and nothing is working. I am pretty certain that it is a hardware problem....could I have blown out the sound card in the same way you can blow out your speakers? Please let me know if anyone out there has any info.....

Relevancy 58.48%

I am currently configuring a PC with the following setup Dell Precision T with a E - GHz USB bar playback or microphone USB causes Unplugging sound problems CPU and GB RAM Dell AC USB Sound bar USB microphone line-in and line-out are used by an external device Both USB externals are installed and working In the sound Unplugging USB sound bar or USB microphone causes playback problems manager I have configured the recording devices line-in and USB mic as followed Line-in 'Listen to this device' is checked and the playback device is set to the USB Sound bar USB mic 'Listen to this device' is checked and the playback device is set to the line-out to the external audio device This setup is Unplugging USB sound bar or USB microphone causes playback problems working fine UNTIL I unplug one of the USB devices mic or sound bar and leave it unplugged for more than minutes After plugging the device back in my playback settings are 'forgotten' I can hear sounds through the sound bar coming from Windows but not from the line-in even though the settings haven't changed The mic is inaudible in the external audio device even though I can see the level indicator in the sound manager picking up the sound The problem is solved when I choose a different playback device under 'Listen to this device' click OK and then choose the original playback device Only then can I hear the sound again So to recap if a USB device is unplugged for more than minutes I have to manually reset the playback settings even though the settings were still correct Is it possible to solve this problem so that it isn't necessary for me to reset the settings if a USB device has been unplugged

A:Unplugging USB sound bar or USB microphone causes playback problems

If the device is declared as the default and it's unplugged (removed from the system), it can no longer be the default and Windows will pick the default or clear the setting if no other device is present. In the Sound window, you can see that Windows will not allow a device that isn't plugged in to be set as the default device either--"Set as default" is greyed out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/341104-unplugging-usb-sound-bar-usb-microphone-causes-playback-problems.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Anyone else have a problem with Gigaware usb speakers muting the computer after they are unplugged? This requires a restart to get the sound back. Dell Inspiron N4110, SSD. Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/395742-gigaware-usb-speakers-muting-sound-after-unplugging.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello, I will be out of the country for about 12 days and I am thinking I should unplug my laptop (switch the powerstrip to OFF) while I'm away just to be on the safe side. I want to do this for peace of mind since I will be so far away. I have an old laptop that is running on 3 cylinders.

Upon return, will I be experiencing difficulty turning my computer back on? BTW, I am with CenturyLink Wireless.

I've not done this before as I've not been gone that long.

Thank you very much.

Relevancy 55.9%

I have a Toshiba Satellite L650 that is almost two years old. About a month ago the laptop started shutting off immediately after the power cord was disconnected. I have since bought two new batteries and one power cord to see if either of those items were causing the problem but it still keeps shutting off. Any suggestions? THANKS!!!

Relevancy 55.9%

I was watching a streaming video with low sound so I thought I would plug my earbuds in to hear better. I plugged it in and heard sound for a split second then nothing. I unplugged the buds only to find that there is no sound at all through the speakers now.

I have a laptop Dell Inspiron N5110. I "upgraded" to Windows 10 sometime in July, I believe.

I tried rebooting to see if that would fix the problem. Nope, it didn't work.

Any ideas or thoughts? Thanks

A:Plugging in headphones, now no sound at all!

Found the fix on another forum.

Here it is:

Check the Sound devices listing in the Device Manager. What is the status that is shown for IDT HD Audio? Does it show as working OK, or is there an error code (post the code).

If it shows working OK, RIGHT click on the IDT entry to highlight it and then LEFT click "Uninstall" DO NOT uninstall the drivers. Restart the PC and when Windows starts it will detect and reinstall the audio. This fixes any corruptions and hopefully will fix yours.

This fixed the problem though I don't know what caused it in the first place.

All is right in the world, again.

A mod can mark this issue as solved.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/plugging-in-headphones-now-no-sound-at-all.1156857/
Relevancy 55.9%

When I plug in my usb mic the sound from my speakers or headphones shuts off automatically This guy had the same problem but I did not understand No plugging when in Speakers from USB Sound MIC what DvK was trying to say http forums techguy org hardware No Sound from Speakers when plugging in USB MIC -no-audio-when-using-usb html quot there shouldn t be any need to to spnd a lot of money on any external sound card what happens when you plug a USB microphone in is the OS thinks that it is a complete USB sound card and turns off the internal sound system your only cure is to either use a USB combined microphone amp headset or use a Mike plugged in to the small mike socket - What does this mean You might find that the sound settings is automatically switching the sound to use the mike as a communications device not as normal input But it isn t uncommon for a cheap USB sound device microphone to have such poor drivers that are only really intended to be used for communications purposes Skype or other VOIP systems and you haven t got a passthrough set up so mike amp sound cannot be used at same time in normal use quot nbsp

A:No Sound from Speakers when plugging in USB MIC

Are you saying that I will not be able to hear sound from my speakers using this mic? Is an external sound card even an option?

also, the mic doesn't seem to be recording at all and I don't know why.

When he said usb combined headset, there is a headset jack on the mic and I can hear through that but I still need to get my stereo system speakers to work so that I can have the music playing in the background while I sing through the mic.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-from-speakers-when-plugging-in-usb-mic.1115346/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi all,

I have a curious problem, which I'm not able to solve on my own although I've a couple of solutions. Here is the problem:

When I plug my earphones in, its recognized that something is plugged in, the sound output changes, but I hear nothing through my earplugs.

I'm sure that: the hardware is working correctly (I have a dual OS system, and there everything is working fine). I have already reinstalled the drivers, reinstalled the HD Audio manager from Realtek including their drivers. One time, I had it working, but with the next reboot it did not work anymore.

In my sound settings everything seems OK, at least when it was working the same devices were listed and asssigned as standard devices so I dont think that the problem lies there. Anybody has an idea what to do or how to solve this?

A:No sound through earplugs, although plugging in is recognized

Hello and welcome Wonkie mate seems rather an obvious question but do these ear buds work in anything else??

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/359660-no-sound-through-earplugs-although-plugging-recognized.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I got a really horrible LogiTech Headset Microphone that I got only yesterday and the first time that I tried to use it plugging in From No Sound bad Speakers after Microphone it doesn't record my voice AT ALL even when I have done basically EVERYTHING it told me to do in the manual The Microphone plays No Sound From Speakers after plugging in bad Microphone my voice through the speakers when i'm talking into it but it doesn't RECORD my voice which is what I want it to do Now I have a different problem After I took out the microphone there is no sound coming from my computer speakers I don't know what to do All sounds from my speakers are up on full blast Nothing is muted The sound only works No Sound From Speakers after plugging in bad Microphone through my stupid LogiTech headphones But the sound is all echoey And my speakers are most certainly NOT broken They worked fine before I plugged in this stupid microphone that doesn't even work I was trying to get my microphone to record for around - minutes but it doesn't do anything on any programs I sure hope I still have my receipt for it But it doesn't solve the speaker problems

A:No Sound From Speakers after plugging in bad Microphone

Hi WeeGee and welcome to TSF

On the recording your voice part, go to control panel and pick Sound and Audio Devices, pick Voice tab, under voice recording, pick volume. At this point, pick the options tab and make sure the Sterio mix is checked. This will add a control the the volume group that you will need for recording.

On the speakers not working after removing the head set. Note this, when you plug you headset in, the plug opens the contacts to your speakers so they will not work. When you unplug the headset, the switch contacts in the plugin port is supposed to make contact, thus restoring volume etc back to your normal system. Try pluging and unplugging the headset to get that part working again.

Be sure that you are using some sort of recording software to get the recording to work. Windows has a short one that you can use, or other recording software might be needed for long samples.

Hope this works for you,
Mack1

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-sound-from-speakers-after-plugging-in-bad-microphone-293616.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I posted some threads about this on adobe thought it speaker No in Sound re-plugging connector keep - Have to was flash player and firefox forums because the issue is mainly no sound on youtube videos Adobe Community Audio Issues - Sound stops on youtube vid after a few seconds Please Help https support mozilla org en-US qu a amp s amp r amp as s I would be watching the video and then all of sudden it would crash or the audio would stop especially if when I tried No Sound - Have to keep re-plugging in speaker connector to move the cursor to ahead or behind to different spot in the video or if I had multiple youtube videos opened and paused I tried all kinds of things microsoft fix it updating drivers even restoring windows to an earlier version but after troubleshooting I realized it was not only firefox or chrome or youtube videos the videos would still play btw you could watch it just no audio Then I realized that unplugging and re plugging the mm speaker cable back into the jack magically made the sound come back for a while until it happened all over again I'm a bit confused about soundcards and what the next steps for me are When I open my device manager and look at quot Sound video and game controllers quot I see options AMD High Definition Audio Device Bluetooth Audio Device High Definition Audio Device Intel R Display Audio I'm not sure what this means if I have sound cards or if they are conflicting somehow I tried to update drivers on each one No change I've tried quot restarting firefox with addons disabled quot and quot check here to see if your addons are up to date quot they were except VLC which I did update before restoring to previous day and it didnt help None of the fixes work for me same issues Extremely frustrated Help

A:No Sound - Have to keep re-plugging in speaker connector

The AMD High definition Audio Device is audio from the Video card for HDMI Audio.
Bluetooth audio device is what it is some Bluetooth attached audio device
High definition audio device is your PC's sound device, but is not the correct sound driver.
Intel Display Audio is the Intel HDMI audio from your i7 CPU.

First the High Definition Audio Device, that is the generic basic function sound driver installed by Windows. You need to install the correct sound driver (which may fix your problem). Go to ASUS downloads for your motherboard and get the correct sound driver (could be RealTek, IDT, etc).

Second, the Bluetooth may be interfering. After you get the correct sound driver installed, if you are still having problems, disable the Bluetooth see if it is interfering.

Third, normally you do not have both the internal CPU video and a separate video card enabled. Most BIOS will auto detect and if there is a separate video card installed it will select that and disable the other. However, this is probably not the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/319856-no-sound-have-keep-re-plugging-speaker-connector.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Is it possible to get a sound notification every time i plug and unplug my power cord into my laptop ? There is no notification lights around the power jack in Sony Vaio . So after i plug in power i have to see the notification area to check whether the laptop is plugged in properly . Is there a way to get a beep sound when i connect power ?

A:Sound Notification when plugging power

Welcome!

I do not know of a way to do that, but check in Control Panel>Sound>Sounds and take a look around.

~JK

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/57571-sound-notification-when-plugging-power.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Since buying problems when Sound headphones plugging in a new laptop and updating to windows I have had a problem with the sound the problem being that when I plug in a set of headphones I manually have to go on playback devices to set my headphones as default and also on the volume mixer to select my headphones on the drop down arrow or else the sound will keep coming out of my speakers Basically it is not doing anything automatically so everytime I plug in headphones or connect to the tv I have to change everything manually and do the same thing when disconnecting or else there will be no sound atall I did read on the internet that by plugging in my headphones and then making them my default sounds device would work because it is supposed to automatically change when they are unplugged but unfortunately this is not the case for me Also I am curious as to why even when I don't have my Sound problems when plugging in headphones headphones plugged in they are still listed under playback but it does not say they are unplugged I Sound problems when plugging in headphones would appreciate anybody who can help me with this problem because I have run out of ideas Many thanks in advance

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/38046-sound-problems-when-plugging-headphones.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Since buying a new laptop and updating to windows plugging problems when headphones Sound in I have Sound problems when plugging in headphones had a problem with the sound the problem being that when I plug in a set of headphones I manually have to go on playback devices to set my headphones as default and also on the volume mixer to select my headphones on the Sound problems when plugging in headphones drop down arrow or else the sound will keep coming out of my speakers Basically it is not doing anything automatically so everytime I plug in headphones or connect to the tv I have to change everything manually and do the same thing when disconnecting or else there will be no sound atall I did read on the internet that by plugging in my headphones and then making them my default sounds device would work because it is supposed to automatically change when they are unplugged but unfortunately this is not the case for me Also I am curious as to why even when I don't have my headphones plugged in they are still listed under playback but it does not say they are unplugged I would appreciate anybody who can help me with this problem because I have run out of ideas Many thanks in advance

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/38046-sound-problems-when-plugging-headphones.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I Got my XPS nbsp nbsp nbsp Build Date nbsp Dec- - Bios Ver UEFI The fault I was able to find so far that is Crackling power Noise supply. plugging 9550 and Dell un XPS speakers plugging 15 coming from when disturbing issue Condition nbsp - quot When pressing nbsp brightness keys F -F quot little crackling distorted noise from speakers Condition - quot When music playing out of speakers nbsp also at sometimes can hear crackling noise coming quot like speakers can t handle the frequency properly Condition major one nbsp - nbsp quot At the time of plugging in power supply Dell XPS 15 9550 Crackling Noise coming from speakers when plugging and un plugging power supply. in or out of laptop quot nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Dell XPS 15 9550 Crackling Noise coming from speakers when plugging and un plugging power supply. nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp When video audio u-tube playing I can hear nbsp short crackling noise nbsp lasting about - seconds output nbsp sound also gets distorted nbsp coming from laptop speakers same results happening when using headphones except crackling noise less noticeable sounds becomes more distorted like a tape that about to get jammed So not sure what s goin on there I nbsp have latest Audio Realtek driver installed amp Bios As far as power laptop came with W so crackling happening even with W also I have Precision m laptop that use same power source try that as well same results so it is not defective power supply it is something else Makes me believe that issue with speakers hardware picking up some kind of interference nbsp or crammed to close or insulation are very poor Will be returning that one for full refund as this one I got for gift cant give it like that but I have ordered so will try another one soon and also nbsp CPU throtling as mention still nbsp not nbsp happening when plugging power source to sum up the major nbsp issue I experienced is the speakers as very poor sound with crackling noise here and there power supply nbsp plugging un plugging nbsp while audio playing cause most cracking noise plugging headphones in and out while sound is playing sometimes becomes unresponsive crashing So the speakers and sound nbsp quality output nbsp are very poor on this one besides nbsp that seems to be good Feed back would be good Did anyone experience similar issue and if yes what was your resolution possible fix hardware replacement drivers ect settings adjustments Regards Edward

A:Dell XPS 15 9550 Crackling Noise coming from speakers when plugging and un plugging power supply.

Hi Edwards, I am facing exactly the same issue as yours. First they delay the product, then they cancel the product and when they finally ship the product has issues. Please let me know if you found any solution for this

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19666130
Relevancy 54.61%

I just bought a Toshiba Satellite with Windows Vista.

One of the few issues I have is when I plugin my headphones to listen to music, sound still comes out of the Laptop speakers. When I turn down the volume on the laptop, the volume on the headphones also comes down.

How do I change the setting so that I can listen to music on my headphones without music coming out of the speakers..?

A:Plugging in Headphones. Sound Still Coming Out of Speakers

Hi CoocookachoHave a look in your audio manager. Mine is Realtek, yours might be different.Look for a setting about headphones.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/232046/plugging-in-headphones-sound-still-coming-out-of-speakers/
Relevancy 54.61%

Motherboard Foxconn P MX no sound card Windows Vista bit SP The Problem If I plug a microphone into the microphone jack my system s sound output will eventually cut out completely The only way to get the sound back on is to restart Sometime the sound will cut out in a few minutes sometimes longer If i open a game like World of Warcraft the sound cuts out quickly However the microphone still records If playback ceases sound Microphone in Plugging all I have a microphone plugged in my system sound playback stops if there is no microphone plugged in the problem does not occur There are no error messages Windows says the drivers and sound devices are working properly I ve tried different sound drivers Different versions of Realtek and Microsoft s default driver I ve tried different speakers I ve tried different microphones I ve tried not opening games and only using music playback for testing I ve tried opening different games In every case the sound playback is guaranteed to cut out IF there is a microphone plugged in Any help will be appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/plugging-in-microphone-ceases-all-sound-playback.883666/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS on a Lenovo laptop. The laptop only has a VGA card and I have tried a VGA to RCB cable, but it does not work. Want to know if I have to get a converter or is there another solution?

Many Thanks.

Relevancy 53.32%

Hello,

I subscribed to your great forum to find an answer to my problem.
I bought a Vaio CR laptop, but two weeks or so after my purchase, a big problem appeared.

If I don't have my charger connected to my pc no sound will be heard...
In other words, no sound will come out if my pc runs on battery.What kind of situation is that????
That's pretty annoying when you have to travel...

Would someone please tell me what is the cause of this problem?

A:Sound problems if no charger!!!!Help please.

I know the display has alternate power settings for battery vs plugged in.

Do your speakers or sound board have something similar?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sound-problems-if-no-charger-help-please-296561.html
Relevancy 52.89%

i have an xbox 360 slim i would like to plug into my laptop which is a HP pavillion g7 it has a HDMI on the side and then another slot whivh is like a trapazoid looking slot with holes in it with a picture underneath that kinda looks like a line then a rectangle then a line soo what cords woudl i need for the xbox to plug into my laptop and what would i also need for sound
sound is optional many thank

A:Plugging my Xbox 360 into my laptop

Xbox and laptop video ports are output only ports, you connect each to a display screen but not to one another.
You can network the two and share files that way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/plugging-my-xbox-360-into-my-laptop.1043616/
Relevancy 52.89%

Why when i put on my laptop charger laptop goes up to 80 degrees celicus It gets really hot but when i take it off it goes down

A:When putting in laptop charger, laptop goes up to 80 degrees celcius

Thats because the system "steps down" the CPU, GPU, Display brightness among other thing when the computer is running on batteries. With some tweaking you can make it run at 80 degrees all the time, but your battery wont last long. You may also notice it responds a bit better when running on mains. With regards to getting it to run cooler on mains. I have never really tried tuning a computer the other way but someone here may be able to advise. I was expecting to see AMD CPU in your specs and I would in that case say it was normal. Other than that you may have high levels of dust build-up or failed fans inside. If you know someone experienced with laptop repair you could get them to take a look and give it a clean out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/289187-when-putting-laptop-charger-laptop-goes-up-80-degrees-celcius.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello,Today when I plugged my computer into the wall, I heard a faint fizzing sound coming from my computer charger. Is this normal? I have been reading up on it online, and multiple websites have said that my charger is now a fire hazard, and that I should contact support. Unfortunetly, the person that I got on with had no clue what I should do, so I hung up.Thank you.

A:Charger making a fizzing sound

Hi @jaw12346,  if you feel that adapter is making buzzing noise while you working, you should ask for a replacement adapter. Do it while your  PC is under warranty.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Charger-making-a-fizzing-sound/td-p/5824005
Relevancy 52.46%

I'm rather rusty with working with computers, and I'm not even sure if this is right place for this, but I recently got a new Gateway T-6836 laptop which runs on Vista (64-bit). I noticed that while I have my computer on, if I unplug the AC adapter to move to another location and I plug the AC adapter back in, everything freezes. I can't even get the mouse to move and there even is no response that the caps lock is on. I end up having to force the laptop to power off.

There seems to be no problem when I unplug and plug back in the laptop while it is off.

Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated!

A:Laptop freezes after plugging in AC adapter

I would just suggest you don't unplug your system from an electrical outlet while on unless you eventually want to purchase a new system. That's just a common sense approach. I would imagine it would freeze up under those circumstances. You need to make sure the system is off before you try the plug n play with your PSU. Jazz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-freezes-after-plugging-in-ac-adapter.784190/
Relevancy 52.46%

I had to have my laptop drive reimaged, and I had to reinstall all my programs, etc. After reinstalling iTunes, I plug my iPhone in like usual to move over files, but my laptop doesn't even realize it's plugged in. I had to "installing device drivers" message at first, and every time I plug it in I get the *bong* sound that tells me it knows I just plugged something in, but I don't see the device either in Windows Explorer or iTunes.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. This hasn't happened before. I have Windows 7 64-bit laptop, and a Samsung R580 laptop with an iPhone 4.

A:Laptop not recognizing my iPhone after plugging in

Hello tricon7,

First I would like you to open up device manager (Control Panel>Device Manager)
Then, with DM open, plug in your iPhone.
You should see the new device manifest in DM.
Locate the iPhone device in DM... Are there any errors or notifications (small icons, either a red X or yellow !)?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-not-recognizing-my-iphone-after-plugging-in-687901.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Dell OptiPlex 9020 All In OneWindows 7 ProfessionalThis computer is only a few months old, worked fine up till about a week ago.  Nothing new has been installed.  i went to the dell support page and typed in my service tag and updated sound driver and video drivers.  still no sound unless i disable the sound card and then enable it again.

A:Sound not working unless i disable and the enable sound card

If only a few months old it may have a defect. Normally parts should last for years and not change in a few months.Still, to eliminate a possible software issue, use the system restore to go back to a earlier time. Try two days back, then four days and so on until you find the critical point where something was changed.IMO you must report this to Dell as soon as possible.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,152257.0.html
Relevancy 52.03%

My charger unable to charge my laptop but it is able to charge other hp laptop ,and other charger is able to charge my laptop. Give me solution for my question as soon as possible??

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/my-laptop-charger-is-unable-to-charge-my-laptop-but-it-is/td-p/5666218
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi
i have 2 laptops a dell mini which is working fine and a fujitsu v5535, basically the fujitsu will not power on there is a light on the charger but no power to the laptop, so i do not know what is up, a local pc techincian wants nearly 50 to check and thats before he finds the fault. any idead, help please

A:laptop charger wont charge laptop

It could be the charger has died.this can be checked with a voltmeter.
You can probably pick one up on Ebay for about 20

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-charger-wont-charge-laptop.949964/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a Lenovo Y50 Laptop.

Seems that everytime I plug an external monitor via HDMI cable, I'll get a Blue Screen, the Laptop will restart and then it'll be working just fine with the 2nd monitor.

I'm new here, so please tell me if I need to do anything else.

Thanks in advance for any help suggested.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF8800636D2CE
BCP3: FFFFF88027A8DB80
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

A:Plugging HDMI cable into laptop BSOD

Complete this tutorial so our experts can have a look.

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/378611-plugging-hdmi-cable-into-laptop-bsod.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a VAIO VGN-AR61S running Vista Premium

Having a Blue ray drive, I wish to play HD movies on my TV... However, when I plug in the HDMI cable, my machine crashes.

If it is already plugged in, my machine won't boot up.... It reports a Hardware error.

If I plug in when up and running.... 'crash'......blue screen.

In panic I didn't take note of error codes....and I obviously don't wish to repeat the exercise .

Any suggestions would be greatfully received.

TIA

Charlie

A:Plugging in HDMI Cable crashes my laptop

This is not a networking issue, I'll move you to the correct forum.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/plugging-in-hdmi-cable-crashes-my-laptop-275649.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I just bought a new hp pavilion notebook Product No#L8V46AV. when i start the notebook battery not charging, shows plugging, not charging 0% . Is there any way to slove this issue?

A:my new hp laptop battery showing plugging, not charging 0%

Dear Customer,  Please perform below shown steps to resolve the issue:Step 01. Click on the Start ButtonStep 02. Type "Device Manager" in the start search box & open the Device ManagerStep 03. Look for Batteries and expand it by click on the + symbol on the leftStep 04. Right Click on "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" & uninstallNote: This Battery driver will get re-installed automatically when you restart the Notebook againStep 05. Please Shutdown the NotebookStep 06. Please remove the Battery and unplug the Power AdapterStep 07. Press and Hold the Power Button for full 1 MinuteStep 08. Go ahead and put back the Battery and connect the Power AdapterStep 09. Look for "Plugged In Charging" message on the Battery icon After performing all the steps if you are facing the same issue still, please perform three more steps:1. Run a Battery Check in HP Support Assistant[Install the Software if it's not available]Note: Replace the Battery If Health Check Status shows Replace2. Update the latest BIOS for your Notebook from HP Support Site3. Please check your Notebook with a known good Power Adapter & Battery from a different Notebook Note: If a known good battery is also not charging we need to replace the system board http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04700771http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01297640http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00259897  Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/my-new-hp-laptop-battery-showing-plugging-not-charging-0/td-p/5832409
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,
I have an Inspiron 17R SE 7720 and ti works great however when I plug it into an external monitor LG W300H the resolution displayed is quite low. I try to choose a higher one but there are no options for higher resolutions. It's actually quite a bit lower than the resolution displayed on the laptops own screen.

Thanks for your help

A:Plugging laptop into external monitor results in low resolution

Hi denisj1,
Welcome to the community.
Please check the link below to update the video card drivers for your system:
Intel
http://dell.to/15xwOmR
Nvdia
http://dell.to/YbTe9Q
Please install the same and check again.
Thanks and RegardsSandeep P#iworkfordell

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19492758
Relevancy 51.17%

Greetings everyone Im not too tech savvy so I will try and explain exactly happened and hopefully get some assistance I have an HP G AMD Turion II Dual Core Notebook that I am using for school had the laptop for a year now Windows installed I use it for watching movies using GOP player listening to music itunes completing term papers and attending online courses I recently purchased an HDMI cable to watch movies from my laptop to my tv I have an old Hitachi CRT p w HDMI compatibility and when I plugged the cable in my laptop after HDMI cable??? permanently plugging Laptop freezes screen turned black for a Laptop permanently freezes after plugging HDMI cable??? brief moment resumed normal and then completely froze The only thing I Laptop permanently freezes after plugging HDMI cable??? was able to do was power it off and attempt to restart I tried to restart the laptop and was barely able to type in my password as the welcome screen before it froze again I can run windows in safe mode both network and cmd prompt but I cant run in normal If more information is Laptop permanently freezes after plugging HDMI cable??? needed to troubleshoot I will be more than happy to provide Thank you for your help

A:Laptop permanently freezes after plugging HDMI cable???

try a windows restore point to an earlier date when all was ok

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-permanently-freezes-after-plugging-hdmi-cable-625548.html
Relevancy 51.17%

For the past few days, if I connect my earphone(3.5mm audio jack) when some video is being played, be it in Facebook or YouTube or in the vlc media player
1. The laptop starts hanging. The video that is being played breaks, the system becomes extremely slow, can not even move the cursor.
2. The internet is disconnected (i.e.) I use the WiFi, in the notification bar at the bottom, it simply is disconnected. The WiFi icon only has a red 'X', and no WiFi network is shown, even though my WiFi is switched.
3. I have to restart the machine to use it normally
But if the video is not playing, and I connect the audio jack, nothing happens.
Has any one happened to have had such an issue ? Or can anyone suggest how do I start with identifying the root cause ? Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/394186-plugging-earphone-when-video-playing-freezes-laptop.html
Relevancy 51.17%

My laptop recently crashed and it is not possible to install an operating system onto it without re-formatting (Believe me i've tried everything possible). Is it possible to plug the laptop hard disk drive into my main computer and retrieve the data from it this way? Or would it blow the drive? What do I need to do in order to plug it in and retrieve the data? I have no idea how to do this, so I have turned to you guys. Please help, I will not proceed until I get a reply, I'm really scared lol.
Cheers guys,
Andy

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello everyone,
I'd like to know how (if possible) to make it so that my laptop does not automatically change screen brightness when plugging in or unplugging.

You see, there is a brightness setting that is saved for plugged in and unplugged, and when you change between plugged in and unplugged it reverts the screen brightness to that saved level.

For example if you have it unplugged and you set the screen brightness to 100% then plug it in, it saves the unplugged screen brightness to 100%. Now when you're plugged in you change it to minimal brightness. Later when you unplug and leave the screen brightness will revert back to 100%.

I'd like to disable this automatic screen brightness change.
Thanks for reading.

A:Stop laptop from changing screen brightness when plugging in

Which OS are you on? Say you were on Windows 7 there is a setting to change the brightness, but some laptops don't work with these settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stop-laptop-from-changing-screen-brightness-when-plugging-in.190506/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello, I have a Y510P notebook and I am having some problems with it. Once I was playing on this laptop and it suddenly it turned off. The power cord would make a weird noise and it wouldn't turn on. After a while it started to work normally. It was probably a high voltage spike in my house, since we already lost a cellphone. After that I notice that the laptop would turn off, as soon as I plugged the power cord. I ordered a new power cord and battery, but this issue is still happening. Anyone has an idea? Thank you!

A:Plugging power cord turns laptop off (Y510P)

Hi Tiagoramosleite,

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

You can initially start isolating the issue using the power checkout guideline (page 21). 
Try to notice anything on the DC port like bent pin , unusual appearance / marks or smell of burnt . 

Would any led status light (page30) still be lit when plugged in. 

It would be best to have it further checked for further isolation for dc in port issue against failure on the systemboard itself with nearest service center or call in technical support for further recommendation. 

Update us how it works best for you.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Plugging-power-cord-turns-laptop-off-Y510P/td-p/3347309
Relevancy 51.17%

I bought a dell laptop and it doesn't have the power cord with it, and I cant even find anything on the laptop to tell me what model it is. It wont power on and there is not a service tag or express tag sticker on it anywhere. How can I determine what model it is and what power cord I need to buy?  Thanks in advance.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19683128
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello, my lenovo charger broke. It charges but the wire has to be in an angle and if I move it stops charging.
I have a second charger for laptop. The charging port fits in perfect.

Here is the specs of my charger
Output 20V - 3.25 A

Specs of other charger (Really old Toshiba ~ 2007)
Output 19V - 6.3 A

A:Using a different charger for laptop?

When considering non-original laptop chargers, the voltage needs to match exactly while the current needs to be equal to the original or higher. In your case the current rating for the other charger is fine but the voltage is not correct. It's possible that the laptop has a voltage regulator inside to compensate for the lower voltage but since I have no knowledge of the inner workings of your Lenovo, I can't say whether the 19V is close enough.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/395294-using-different-charger-laptop.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I've got a HP pavilion laptop and it has been plugged
>with a 30V ACDC adaptor instead of 19V. The polarity
>was the same.
>After a while, it stopped and there was smoke near
>the power connector. And now it doesn't work at all...
>even the LED when I plug it in.
tell me what's my laptop probleming ?

A:HP laptop and it has been not on because of bed charger

Welcome to the forum!

Obvious answer is you fried the power input circuit using too high a voltage. Please tell me it was an accident and you didn't use the 30v power supply on purpose.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/56687-hp-laptop-has-been-not-because-bed-charger.html
Relevancy 51.17%

On my laptop i have a problem with the charging port at the back of it. the port which connects the charger to my battery had been playing up and will not kepp my charger in place and won't charge up, any advice on what i should do?

thanks

James

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-my-laptop-charger.770807/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a laptop in which the charger 'pin' (to plug into laptop) seems bad. It's a bit loose when I wiggle it and when in the laptop, the cord has to be positioned just right for it to charge (it seems to lean the pin to where it can charge). I'm not sure if it's the charger or the port.

The charger (call it #1) is 19V, 2.37a, 45w. I have another charger (#2) (same brand laptop, different, lesser model). The voltage specs are 19v, 1.75a, 33w.

Can I safely use charger #2 to verify weather the problem is the charger or the port for charger #1's laptop?
Thanks!

A:Laptop charger

If the connector from charger #2 fits correctly into the laptop in question, then yes, you can use it for troubleshooting the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/347874-laptop-charger.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi nbsp I have a nbsp HP Pavilion g - eb Azerty and I also used to have another HP Laptop that I got from work I no longer have the one from work but I still had the charger for it nbsp Now my cleaning lady decided to put all the chargers and everything she nbsp could find together and I no longer know which charger I should use on the Pavilion g nbsp These are the chargers And I also found this info on my laptop nbsp nbsp I was told that on use HP my Laptop charger to Which I couldn't just use whichever chargers because nbsp one is V and the other V and the A-values are also different But then when I look at that picture on the laptop it seems to say it has a range nbsp Thanks a lot for any support because I cannot use my laptop and I am too afraid to damage it if I pick Which charger to use on my HP Laptop the wrong charger nbsp Dieter

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Which-charger-to-use-on-my-HP-Laptop/td-p/5809599
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello.

I have a charger for an old HP Pavillion dv5000.

I want to know if I can safely use it on a Acer Aspire 5742?

As I dont have the original charger for it.

The Acer says "DC Rating 19V 3.42A"

The HP charger says "Output 18.5V 3.5A"

Thanks.

A:Laptop Charger

Oh and the connector fits. Both bits are yellow too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-charger.1003738/
Relevancy 51.17%

My battery is not working so I am using my laptop keeping it charger connected .from two days my laptop is not working even after charger is connected . When I connect that charger to laptop a orange light blink and go

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-charger/td-p/5744474
Relevancy 51.17%

I need a replacement N18197 charger for a hp notebook. Where can I get one from in Johannesburg, South Africa?

A:laptop charger

Please provide us with an HP or Compaq notebook product name or product number. - see This HP web document if you don't how to locate the model number and\or product number. Is your notebook still covered under warranty?  Check your warranty status Here.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/laptop-charger/td-p/5644001
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello,

Whenever I plug my adapter into my laptop the CPU goes straight to 95-100% and stays on it but when I take it out it goes back to normal.

Also, It is a newer charger and it takes way longer to charge the laptop fully.

A:Laptop Charger

Is this "newer charger" the battery charging circuit in your laptop or do you actually mean the power supply (AC power cord and AC to DC adapter)? If the former, did you have the work done and do you have a warranty? If the latter I suspect you got the wrong power supply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-charger.730748/
Relevancy 51.17%

i have a dell inspiron and charger laptop help i keep having the same problem with my charger i get a new one from dell com and it works great for a couple weeks to a month laptop charger help but after that i laptop charger help get the same message of quot the charger plugged in is not a dell wat charger your operating system will run slower please plug in a dell wat charger quot When i got this message the laptop charger help first couple of times i just got a new one thinking i did something wrong and the charger im using right now is not a dell charger it s a knock-off one that i got for half the price on a discount website This charger however did the same exact thing as my dell chargers it worked great for a few weeks then gave me the message about it not being a dell wat charger although it is slighty different because this time it says it is plugged in but not charging any ideas what is wrong nbsp

A:laptop charger help

...It's a Dell.
On that same screen it should say how to disable that message. Sometimes you have to update the BIOS to actual be able to get rid of that message or be able to use non-Dell adapters. Latest BIOS is here: http://support.dell.com/support/dow...-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=1&libid=1&fileid=252216

But if its not charging the battery then there could actually be an issue. Possibly with the charging circuits on the mainboard, or there's possibly something damaging the adapters, like brownouts or surges. Does the jack in the laptop seem loose?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-charger-help.850731/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello guys,

Since yesterday i'm facing a strange issue.. Whenever i plug in my laptop to charge, it just automatically turns off (not proper shutdown) within a few moments. This duration before power off varies at times. Its runs without any problem when on safe made. This problem happens only when win 7 is in normal mode. I noticed that the fan speed increases as i plug in. However, this also used to happen earlier. On searching online, some said it may be due to heating issue. But then how does it work normally in safe mode? Also, when i start in Diagnostic Start up mode, it starts perfectly. It does not start when i remove my battery and plug in..it powers off just after entering windows. This problem does not occur when in BIOS. Please help in finding a suitable solution.

Thank you.

A:Laptop turns off when plugging in for charging in normal mode on win7

Post make & model in case this is a "known issue" that can be google-searched for.

By "normal" mode, do you mean not "safe mode", or not "selective startup/msconfig"?

Does the problem also happen in safe mode?
Does the problem also happen in Selective Startup?

Otherwise, what do you mean by "normal".

One guess is that you have a problem with a 3rd party power management software. It's supposed to start "doing something" (such as report the battery status) when it senses a power plug is inserted, but instead it shuts down.

Is the shut down orderly (Windows is shutting down), or is it abrupt, like someone suddenly killed the power?

What's most interesting so far is the possibility that the machine works & charges fine in Safe Mode, but not in MSCONFIG or Normal mode. If that's the case, we're looking for a software problem that can probably be solved by reinstalling something, compared to a hardware problem which can be serious, expensive and/or insolvable.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-turns-off-when-plugging-in-for-charging-in-normal-mode-on-win7-1020330.html
Relevancy 50.74%

hello,i am  using hp 15-r201tx notebook since 1.5 year with intel core i3, geforce 2gb grphicscard and  windows 10.My laptop screen goes black when I plug in the power cord to charge it. If I remove the powercord from laptop the screen comes back on. It does still charge the laptop however, even though the screen goes black. so i thaught i have solution for this problem if anybody really have intrest and want to know the solution for this  problem please contact me 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Laptop-screen-goes-black-when-plugging-in-power-cord-to/td-p/5670961
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello guys,

Since yesterday i'm facing a strange issue.. Whenever i plug in my laptop to charge, it just automatically turns off (not proper shutdown) within a few moments. This duration before power off varies at times. Its runs without any problem when on safe made. This problem happens only when win 7 is in normal mode. I noticed that the fan speed increases as i plug in. However, this also used to happen earlier. On searching online, some said it may be due to heating issue. But then how does it work normally in safe mode? Also, when i start in Diagnostic Start up mode, it starts perfectly. It does not start when i remove my battery and plug in..it powers off just after entering windows. This problem does not occur when in BIOS. Please help in finding a suitable solution.

Thank you.

A:Laptop turns off when plugging in for charging in normal mode on win7

Try a System Restore to a date prior to the issue - System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/375993-laptop-turns-off-when-plugging-charging-normal-mode-win7.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,

I am looking to buy a universal laptop charger for my Sony Vaio Flip 14A. I just wanted to get some opinions on whether these are normally safe and if there are any risks associated with buying these?

The original spec of my charger is http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?sp..._id=&am_id=&cm_id=140105335569ed55e27b&pm_id=

while the one I am looking to buy is here http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?sp..._id=&am_id=&cm_id=140105335569ed55e27b&pm_id=

My main concern is that while my laptop charger shown output 19.5V = 2.3A, the universal one shows 19.5V = 4.7A. I wonder if this can be an issue?

Would appreciate some opinions.

Relevancy 50.31%

My hp pavilion g6-1c31nr overheats and shuts down every once in a while when plugged in to the charger and on.  I do game on it at times but i also study on it as well.  last check when i booted it up after the last incident it was around 170F.  when i plug it in temp apparently spikes but when i am running on battery it stays lower than plugged in.  the charger when you put it to your ear does put off a bit of a high pitched whine though so do i need to replace the charger?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/laptop-overheating-when-on-and-on-charger/td-p/5739707
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi my name is Ricardo and i am new to this forum So i have down laptop and FPS charger when unplugged go up a problem with my laptop First i have to said that before this problem occurred i could play quot League of legends quot at fps whitout problems but when the battery was low obviusly my fps go down and when plugged my fps go normal Then something happend with the fan FPS go down and up when unplugged laptop charger and I had to open the computer and there was a little piece of plastic that was obstructing the fan therefore my laptop began to get warm I fix that but after FPS go down and up when unplugged laptop charger that i FPS go down and up when unplugged laptop charger could not play normal any game Now when i play quot League of Legends quot i have to unplugged the charger when the fps starts to go down and then my fps go normal but when they drop i have to plugged again and so on I do this every single time i play in intervals of - min so this starts to annoy me I have to said that my laptop it's not a good one i've a Intel HD and a Corei I don't know what to do maybe it's the hardware or something else Please i need to know if i could do something to repair this or there is nothing i can do For your attention thank you P S Sorry if i have bad grammar it's not my native language

http://www.pchelpforum.com/laptop-support/129784-fps-go-down-up-when-unplugged-laptop-charger.html