Windows Support Forum

Audio Service on Local Computer. Error 3: The system can't find path

Q: Audio Service on Local Computer. Error 3: The system can't find path

I have been wasting so much time the past few days trying to fix this issue Any help direction will be much appreciated I have been all over these forums and found SIMILAR issues but not my exact issue Every time I reboot I have reset my audio drivers They work every time afterwards but not until I let Windows 'fix' the problem This has been going on for a month or so I want to know what I can to permanently fix this What I have learned I can get the 'Windows Audio' and the 'Windows Audio Endpoint Builder' to Error 3: Computer. Service find can't The Local Audio on system path start automatically They originally were not starting automatically I modified the logon setting for both of these services like I read about I found a Windows 'MicrosoftFixit ' troubleshooter that did nothing I manually attempted to reset the quot Windows Firewall and Base Filtering Engine' the same way by modifying Audio Service on Local Computer. Error 3: The system can't find path the logon info to no avail This is the error I can't get past This pops up when I try to 'Start' the 'Audio Service' from the services msc window What have I done and how do I fix it Please help quot Windows could not start the Audio Service services on Local Computer Error The system cannot find the path specified quot

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Audio Service on Local Computer. Error 3: The system can't find path

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Audio Service on Local Computer. Error 3: The system can't find path

Hi pcb79,

Please check status of the 'Dependency' for 'Windows Audio Service'; and check if 'Windows Audio Endpoint Builder' is functional. You may follow these steps: Click 'Start' & type 'Services.msc' in the search box and tap 'Enter'.

Also check the following services and ensure that they show 'Status as Started & are set to Automatic':
- Audio Service
- Multimedia Class Scheduler
- Windows Audio
- Windows Audio Endpoint Builder
Note: Please create a system 'Restore Point'; for future use, if needed: System Restore Point - Create

If the issue persists, try re-installing the 'audio drivers' to see if that helps; updating them may not work. To check the 'audio card' installed in the nit, you may follow these steps:
- Open 'Device Manager' > Expand 'Sound, Video & Game Controllers' > Right click and uninstall the 'Audio Card' drivers > Follow through with the uninstall and allow the system to restart > Allow 'Windows' to update the 'Audio drivers' automatically > Check if the issue persists (Please share the system make/model if you face ambiguity)

If you still experience issues, try to reset 'Windows Services' to 'default settings': Services - Restore Default Services in Windows 7

If nothing works, please run the 'SFC Diagnostic Tool' to check the integrity of files in 'Windows': SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
- Follow 'Option 3' to capture the CBS logs and share for investigation

I would also like to have a closer look at the 'System Logs' for a better understanding. Please check the steps listed in the following thread and share details. The tool may not find any 'Blue screen errors'; however, system logs and other information may prove useful: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

Hope this helps. Do reply with the findings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/280023-audio-service-local-computer-error-3-system-cant-find-path.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi I Error Windows 80070641 specified cannot Error: System find installer - 3: path and am Windows installer - Error: 80070641 and Error 3: System cannot find path specified running Windows Vista Home Premium on my laptop For last few days I have not been able to Windows installer - Error: 80070641 and Error 3: System cannot find path specified install windows updates I get the error with code After wandering through different forums and suggested solutions I followed this path - control panel gt system and maintenance gt administrative tools gt services gt windows installer double clicked and saw that the start-up type is 'Automatic' When I clicked on the 'Start the service' button in the left panel here I got the following message Windows could not start the windows installer service on local computer Error The system cannot find the path specified Can anybody help me resolve this problem and bring my Windows Installer back on the track By the way later I did this - Click Start Run and type cmd k sc qc msiserver Press ENTER Following is the ouyput I received - SC QueryServiceConfig SUCCESS SERVICE NAME msiserver TYPE WIN OWN PROCESS START TYPE AUTO START ERROR CONTROL NORMAL BINARY PATH NAME C Windows system Msiexec exe V LOAD ORDER GROUP TAG DISPLAY NAME Windows Installer DEPENDENCIES rpcss SERVICE START NAME LocalSystem C Users Shirish gt Does anyone have any idea of what's going wrong here Can you help me resolve this issue Thanks Shirish

A:Windows installer - Error: 80070641 and Error 3: System cannot find path specified

Reinstall Windows installer:Windows Installer 4.5 is available

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/233933-windows-installer-error-80070641-error-3-system-cannot-find-path-specified.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi I am running Windows Vista Home Premium on my laptop For last few days I have not been able to install windows updates I get the error with code After wandering through installer System Windows 3: and path find - Error: 80070641 Error specified cannot different forums and suggested solutions I followed this path - control panel gt system and maintenance gt administrative tools gt services gt windows installer double clicked and saw that the start-up type is 'Automatic' When I clicked on the 'Start the service' Windows installer - Error: 80070641 and Error 3: System cannot find path specified button in the left panel here I got the following message Windows could not start the windows installer service on local computer Error The system cannot find the path specified Can anybody help me resolve this problem and bring the Windows Installer back on track By the way later I did this - Click Start Run and type cmd k sc qc msiserver Press ENTER Following is the ouyput I received - SC QueryServiceConfig SUCCESS SERVICE NAME msiserver TYPE WIN OWN PROCESS START TYPE AUTO START ERROR CONTROL NORMAL BINARY PATH NAME C Windows system Msiexec exe V LOAD ORDER GROUP TAG DISPLAY NAME Windows Installer DEPENDENCIES rpcss SERVICE START NAME LocalSystem C Users Shirish gt Does anyone have any idea of what's going wrong here Please help me resolve this issue Thanks Shirish

A:Windows installer - Error: 80070641 and Error 3: System cannot find path specified

Try reinstall Windows Installer Windows Installer 4.5 is available

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/233601-windows-installer-error-80070641-error-3-system-cannot-find-path-specified.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Environment is win7 Professional 64bit client connected to active directory on Server 2003 domain.  There is a group policy to enable/disable offline files.  Win7 client is getting the correct policy applied to enable offline files.  The offline files service on win7 client is set to automatic startup, but does not start:  Error 3  The system cannot find the path specified.  I would also like to reinitialize client side cache, but it looks like this procedure has changed and I am unable to find documentation to reinitialize.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f6660764-0504-412e-b5a0-3e16e5f5ca59/offline-files-error-3-the-system-cannot-find-the-path-specified?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 77.83%

Service cannot start.
Invalid path error for service but path is correct.

Any thoughts as to what I should look at?

A:Invalid path error for service but path is correct

copy the path to explorer and hit enter. Do you end up where the service file is located?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/invalid-path-error-for-service-but-path-is-correct-528834.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi !
I recently have this problem on the services,when i try to Start the service he give me this error "Windows could not start the "service name" service on Local Computer Error 129 0x89" i search on google but i don't find this error,so
i think it will be good when i ask the Microsoft Comunity . I need help ! Sorry for my bad english !
         Thanks !

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/91c47c43-879c-4e37-a3c5-52cc8550f8f1/windows-could-not-start-the-quotservice-namequot-service-on-local-computer-error-129-0x89?forum=itprovistahardware
Relevancy 73.1%

Printer Problems in Windows XP sp3
Dell Personal Printer all in one A940
After trying to speed up an older computer running Windows XP
I may have cut off the Print Spooler (or it was already off ?)
I went back to Services dialog box & selected Print Spooler
I clicked the "Start" link at left of service list & got a message tgat said
"could not start print spooler service on local computer error 1068 The dependency service or group failed to start."
Printer is still not working can anyone help?

A:Could not start print spooler service on local computer error 1068

On Win/7 the dependencies are

HTTP

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
DCOM Server Process Launcher
RPC Endpoint Mapper
Manually start each on and set to AUTOSTART as you go.
If one fails, then that is the root problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/could-not-start-print-spooler-service-on-local-computer-error-1068.206839/
Relevancy 73.1%

I have attempted to uninstall/reinstall McAfee antiVirus.  I have found that Windows Firewall service is set to automatic but will not start, giving the error in the topic.  I also find attempting to start IPsec Policy Agent manually fails as well.  I apologize as I'm not sure what to run in order to create logs needed for assistance.

A:Windows could not start the Firewall service on Local Computer. Error 1068:

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.Do not reboot until instructed.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.Post it in your next reply.NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.NOTE Do NOT wrap your logs in "quote" or "code" brackets.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501900/windows-could-not-start-the-firewall-service-on-local-computer-error-1068/
Relevancy 73.1%

I'd like to use Teracopy for all copying etc. but after moving to 7 from xp it's giving me these errors. I have Win 7 Pro 64-bit.

I copy from network drive for which I have read and write permissions as windows' own copy works fine. But with teracopy I immediately get error "Open error: The system cannot find the path specified". I'm trying to copy, not move, a folder with several subfolders from a network drive into local C:\. I have administrator privileges.

It seems that Teracopy somehow doesn't have even read permission for the network drive. Taking ownership of the network drive (samba share) is not possible. Any ideas? Thanks.

A:Teracopy: "Open error: The system cannot find the path specified"

If you bought it I'd submit a ticket on TeraCopy support. If not, I'd post on their forum. The author was answering questions when I looked last(which admittedly was awhile ago.)

edit: another idea. Try KillCopy

It's free.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/247753-teracopy-open-error-system-cannot-find-path-specified.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I automatically back up my hard-drive weekly to an external drive. For several weeks I didn't notice that the capacity of my external drive had been exceeded. At that point I deleted several of the older data file backups, thus giving me ample space on the external drive to once again perform my backup.

However, several attempts to perform the backup have resulted in the message that "the backup did not complete successfully because the system can't find the path specified". I am at a loss as to why I am suddenly getting this error message, and I have no idea what path is causing the problem.

Any help/advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance............

A:"System Can't Find Path Specified" Error During Backup

What backup software are you using?
Are you doing a full backup, image or incremental?

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/193170-system-cant-find-path-specified-error-during-backup.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello!
Not sure this is the correct forum, new here.

I constantly (roughly every 10ms) receive an error in Event Viewer

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/rF8Voi1.png
"The WinPcap Packet Driver (NPF) service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified."

There is no such service. How can I find out what process is trying to start the service?

Thank you!

A:Error from Service Control Manager - system cannot find the file

Welcome to Seven Forums Nahoj. This is part of the WinPCap program usually used by network filtering/sniffer type programs. There should be a npf.sys in C:\windows\System32\drivers Do you have any network monitoring software such as Wireshark? A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/322253-error-service-control-manager-system-cannot-find-file.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello all I have been having a problem with my PC for the last uhh couple of years where it will randomly without warning reboot itself I cannot correlate any rhyme or reason for when it occurs and sometimes it happens several times per day and sometimes just once The message in the event viewer that occurs just service MCSTRM The to find start following file failed specified. to The system cannot error: the due the as the system reboots itself is quot The MCSTRM service failed to start due to the following The MCSTRM service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified. error The system cannot find the file specified quot - I googled this and found that it was connected to Rhapsody which I promptly uninstalled This alleviated the problem The MCSTRM service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified. COMPLETELY for about a week and a half until two days ago when it began all over again I had not installed or uninstalled anything when the change occurred Here is my HijackThis log I'm not sure if you need this but I saw other topics include this DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Administrator at on Wed Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - Running Processes C WINNT System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINNT System bcmwltry exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT System cisvc exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT System tcpsvcs exe C WINNT System snmp exe C WINNT system stisvc exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C Program Files Linksys WMP N WLService exe C Program Files Linksys WMP N WMP N exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINNT soundman exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Documents and Settings Administrator DADS-COMPUTER Desktop dds scr C Documents and Settings Administrator DADS-COMPUTER Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www ask com web o BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO ZILLAbar Browser Helper Object b- f - - -f ee fcb ec - c program files stopzilla SZSG dll BHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c program files mcafee virusscan scriptsn dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO STOPzilla Browser Helper Object e f - - d - f b- d b d - c program files stopzilla SZIEBHO dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB STOPzilla ded-a - f- ba-d f a b b - c program files stopzilla SZSG dll TB D A-C B- -B B-B B E D C - No File EB Media Band - a - b-a - c a a - SystemRoot system browseui dll uRun AIM c program files aim aim exe -cnetwait odl mRun LXBSCATS rundll c winnt system spool drivers w x LXBStime dll RunDLLEntry mRun Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon mRun mcagent exe c program files mcafee com agent mcagent exe runkey mRun SoundMan soundman exe mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottime dRunOnce SetupICWDesktop c program files internet explorer connection wizard icwconn exe desktop IE amp AOL Toolbar search - c program files aol toolbar toolbar dll SEARCH HTML IE AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - c program files aim aim exe IE c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - SystemRoot web related htm IE CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE Trusted Zone internet Trusted Zone mcafee com Trusted Zone picnik com DPF DirectAnimation Java Classes - file c winnt java classes dajava cab DPF Microsoft XML Parser for Java - file c winnt java classes... Read more

A:The MCSTRM service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/233007/the-mcstrm-service-failed-to-start-due-to-the-following-error-the-system-cannot-find-the-file-specified/
Relevancy 71.81%

Recently this has been happening: http://i.imgur.com/1Mc7v1B.png
So I ran a search and found this: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494636/service-host-local-system-cpumemory-hog/
Is this still the best way to go about fixing it? If so, would anyone mind looking at the results for me?
I'm on Windows 8.
I have an intel i72700k and 16 gigs of RAM.
Bonus problem: My CPU is going up to the high 50% range usage and I'm not running anything big or much of anything period, going into task manager reveals that a large majority of the CPU is being used by nothing.

A:Service Host: Local System/Service Taking Too Much Memory

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please po... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536604/service-host-local-systemservice-taking-too-much-memory/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi, I have win8 Enterprise. when i connection to internet two service with names service host: Network service and service host: local system download automatically, i thought that it relate to windows update but automatic update is off and my windows is up to date. what is the problem? what can i do that stop them's download?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/11893-service-host-network-service-service-host-local-system-download-auto.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I have been recently starting to learn python. It has been going well until this morning. I have been using the command line window to run python programs which I have saved to a folder on the Desktop. This morning when I enter the command line window, I am unable to use the cd command to go to any folder C:\Users\Mike. I receive the following error message "the system cannot find the path specified".I can use the dir command and the folders are present in Mike but I cannot navigate to them in this window.
Any suggestions wold be appreciated.
Mike

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/389384-system-cannot-find-path-specified.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Lately when I install any Windows updates of any kind, I get the following message, "Error creating process <COCU~\DAD~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\IXP000.TMP\setup_wm.exe /P:\DOWNLOADS\mp10setup.exe>. Reason: The system cannot find the path specified.

Tonight, all I wanted to do was upgrade to the newest Windows Media Player.

I run XP Pro.

Does anyone know if there is any way around this?

Thanks ahead for any ideas/suggestions.

AF1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-cannot-find-the-path-specified.282342/
Relevancy 69.66%

error message: The system cannot find the drive specified.

ERROR CODE 20 (0X14) BAD UNIT

when i click on CONTROL PANEL or DOCUMENTS, DEFAULT PROGRAMS, etc.
a DOS COMMAND BOX opens with the error message.

sfc /scannow showed nothing

chkdsk showed nothing

this seems to begun after i downloaded UNIBLUE REGISTRY BOOSTER and ran that. i do not have any restore points available.

any EASY suggestions?

thank you in advance--

A:system cannot find specified path

Dennislive
Welcome to the forum
I you have a SYSTEM DISK REPAIR, try to use it and see if that solve your problem.
Good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/160445-system-cannot-find-specified-path.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Am i in the right category? (networking) i really have no idea, i'm honestly computer illiterate, but everytime i try to bring up a specific website it keeps saying "the system cannot find the path specified" and i had my brother check out the website and its not it, its just my computer...any ideas?

A:the system cannot find the path specified?

What's the exact computer URL? Please do this command leaving off the http://www. from the URL, put that into the <site_name> below.
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

TRACDRT <site_name>

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-system-cannot-find-the-path-specified.938717/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hey guys Unsure if this should go here but as I'm not talking about Avast and more of scan results I think it's the best place for this question I did a full scan on my PC with Avast and it took around an hour which is normal on my system Anyway It came back with no malware virus found but it did say The system cannot find the path specified on about files All of the files have exactly the same file location which is as follows C Program Files AVAST Software Avast defs then cannot AVAST. the specified (3) The find path system - the name of what it can't find However I have looked into this and it said if the internet cut out while install an update of The system cannot find the path specified (3) - AVAST. avast it can sometimes do this I have looked for the file ' ' but i could not find it Any ideas here are some of the files it cannot find aswRawFS dll aswBoot dll ArPot dll uiext dll Sf bin etc Craig

A:The system cannot find the path specified (3) - AVAST.

Hello, have you recently removed malware?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503413/the-system-cannot-find-the-path-specified-3-avast/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi.

Running windows 7 ultimate 32bit.

I want to add to path per this below, but I cannot find the path per the info here:

Quote:
5) add ?C:\gtk\bin;C:\gtksourceview\bin;C:\libxml2\bin? to the bottom of the system variable named ?Path? (right click on ?my computer? icon on the desktop, choose ?properties?, then from the tab ?advanced? click on the button ?environment variables?; between the ?system variables? you will see ?Path? that you have to edit)

How do I that ?

Relevancy 68.8%

I m running my Windows service under system account on the Vista 32 bit machine.
I am facing the issue related to the temp path.
It is using a temp path as :"C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Temp"
While the TEMP and TMP environment variables are defined as
C:\Windows\TEMP.

How can I point the TEMP path of Windows service to the one which is defined in the TEMP environment variable?

In case of Windows 2000/2003/XP service (under SYSTEM running under)uses the TEMP path defined in env variable.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/263945-temp-path-used-windows-service-when-ran-under-system-account.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello could somebody please help me So background story here I have a SSD for boot and applications and a HDD for storage I recently changed my quot File...The the cannot specified find Cannot system Open path Location quot for Pictures Movies Cannot Open File...The system cannot find the path specified Documents and also Downloads I changed the quot Locations quot to my TB HDD I did not make a junction I just created a letter drive for my HDD I am now trying to solve two problems here now as this one just developed Cannot open file quot C Users Username AppData Local Temp zOAA tmp resource background BG png quot The system cannot find the path specified The file I am trying to download is the ASUS BIOS Updater The reason for this is because I am attempting to figure out why my games are smooth as butter but video playback on Youtube and even my home made videos are choppy on VLC and I read that updating the BIOS may be a solution But that is not why I am here however if you can also help me with that I would greatly appreciate it Could you help me with this path specified nonsense Did I mess anything up I just completed my PC build yesterday I don't mind doing a massive wipe to start from scratch to fix this Computer Specs if you must see Intel i k CPU Nvidia EVGA Geforce GTX ASUS Z -A Motherboard G-Skill Ripjaws x RAM Samsung EVO GB SSD Western Digital Caviar Blue TB HDD If anyone could help me and possibly chat with me I can use AIM

A:Cannot Open File...The system cannot find the path specified

I seriously doubt you bios is the problem with watching YouTube.
I recommend leaving your bios alone.

I don't use VLC but that would be the first place I would look for the problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/342225-cannot-open-file-system-cannot-find-path-specified.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Whenever I launch the Command Prompt, It says "The system cannot find the path specified" under the Copyright Label on the Command Line.

Can someone please tell me how to fix this?

A:Windows Command Prompt says The System Cannot find the Path Specified

Welcome to the Seven Forums!

Do you have that problem when you open a regular command prompt...
...or only when you open an administrative one?

Does the shortcut on the Start Menu look like this:

Edit: Do you have that problem when you open the Start Menu as shown in the video in my second post to this thread.
Try the steps in option two mentioned here:
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
If it finds/fixes stuff - be sure to run it a few more times.

Edit2: Once you've answered those questions, we can work thru the registry values.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/239483-windows-command-prompt-says-system-cannot-find-path-specified.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi

Trying to install a driver that worked fine in W7 updated last night to W8.

The soundcard worked for a while but was bombing out so I uninstalled.

When reinstalling after a reboot and clean no matter if I try update driver and locate, use a specific sound, audio device and games controller or the legacy route I get the same issue. Seems to start the process the get the message

"the system cannot find the path specified"

I have posted in the manufacturers forum but no solution yet. Its the only hardware thats not working - help please.

Thanks

For reference the forum post on manufacturers website :

RME User Forum / Windows 8 x64 FF800 issue

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/12698-windows8-update-driver-system-cannot-find-path-sp.html
Relevancy 66.65%

this error appears everytime I click on the news gadged on my desktop .
The page opens and after closure the message appears Windows cannot find the path http etc etc pls type the path correctly.
It does also happen if I click on a link saved in my documents.
It does not happen when I open the same link thru my favorites
This error happens since 2 or 3 days. On google I read it might be a backdoor trojan ??? I run Eset smart security business edition ltest version + Spyware doctor updated daily.
Does anyone has this irritating issue also an knows how to fix it
I also have read that XP users encounter this problem.
Pls assist
Thanks
My OS =Vista home premium
Laptop toshiba P200 Intel dual core T5450 2Gb 1.67 Ghz
Default browser Firefox latest
2nd browser IE 8.0

Relevancy 66.22%

Typical, I updated my spybot, spyware blaster and ad-adware. I ran them and since i did i found a few problems. My keyboard switched to US style. I fixed that but when I tried to run windows movie maker i found the problem
"the system cannot find the path specified".

there may be more problems but that is as far as i have got. I have tried reloading windows essentials but it still doesnt work and i system restore to point 2 days ago but that hasnt solved it, can you suggest what else i can try

thanks

can anyone help

my pc is on windows 7, if that helps

A:Problem with windows live movie maker -the system cannot find path specified

It sounds like you are still infected. Please click on the link in my signature for Virus/Malware Help, do those things and post in that forum for more help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problem-with-windows-live-movie-maker-the-system-cannot-find-path-specified-644431.html
Relevancy 66.22%

So I went out and purchased the USB drive from the Gateway site to restore this laptop back to new and when i tried to do it,it said recovery failed - can`t find the image path M:/RecoveryImage/install.wim.

I contacted tech support and they issued me a replacement USB drive, I get the same failure. 

I have diagnosed the HDD and it passes.  I have used diskpart to "clean" the HDD drive all to no avail.

Order number [edited for privacy]

What gives?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Recovery Error - can`t find the image path....M:/R...

Acupro1,

I have sent you a PM regarding this for research purposes.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Recovery-Error-can-t-find-the-image-path-M-RecoveryImage-install/td-p/345550/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi I m having a problem for the past few days now After hours and hours of google time I m still have not found a solution Whenever I click a newly downloaded exe file or try to do anything on my system that requires to be admin i get an error message Windows cannot find the specified path the Error cannot path windows message: specified find or file You may not have permission quot I am logged on Error message: windows cannot find the specified path as an admin and for - month since i have the laptop I had no issues I read some articles pointing to malware virus issues so i did what i read here as well re-booted in safe mode downloaded and run the following programs Malwarebytes Anti-Malware SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition I had AVG installed but seemed corrupt couldn t disable it as i would have needed admin privilages and could not uninstall it as the uninstaller gave Error message: windows cannot find the specified path me some error message as well so i Error message: windows cannot find the specified path manually had to delete it but that still didn t solve my problem When i try to reboot and go on normal mode it s the same thing I really would like to avoid re-installing my OS thanks Mike nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

Okay guys, I've searched for a few months now, and can't figure out this problem, so I "Googled" this site and hoping to get an answer and proper solution to my question.

So, I receive this error whenever I run batch (.bat) files:

Quote:

Windows cannot find 'C:\Documents and Settings\Singh\Desktop\EHF-Gaming Source+Client\EHF-Gaming client\EHF-Gaming Client v1\RunEHF-Gaming Client.bat'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search.

I posted this on Yahoo as well:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...2223851AAnp01Q

Solutions I've Tried:
~Registry Cleaning With "RegistryEasy"
~I know I didn't type in anything wrong, because I've tried this with other batch files as well, but still not working.

I've asked just too many people and too many times, but still no solution.

Any help?

A:Windows Cannot Find (File Path) Error?

Where are you typing it?
As the path contains spaces, are you enclosing the entire line in Double Quotes?
Why not just double click the batch file to run it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-cannot-find-file-path-error-438918.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I just registered to this forum because of this problem I have, so hello to you all and thanks in advance for any reply you'll give me :).

Now, I have this network of 4 computers at home. All are running win7 64 bit, the laptop that's having trouble is running home premium.

The problem is that this laptop, can see the other PCs on the network, but can't browse them. When I try to access them I get the "can't find network path" error, which i think is strange, because the other 3 PCs doesn't have any trouble browsing the laptop.

We only use the windows firewall, and it's configured properly for the network, filesharing is on and so on.

I tried some things I found while browsing, but nothing worked.

Please help me, this problem is driving me crazy :(
thy

P.S. I can't format (would've done it already) the laptop because it's my mother's

A:can't find network path, error code 0x80070035

Hi phateje,

Try disabling the windows firewall temporary and see if you are able to access the other computers on the network. Please provide your network setup. Are the four computers connected to a router? switch?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-find-network-path-error-code-0x80070035-565360.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Okay here s the deal I m the QA Technical Lead for a software company I m not a developer of our code but I know how to read it We are problem for Local System Service permissions using an application called TestComplete http www automatedqa com to create and run automated test scripts for our Borland Delphi application Part of this configuration requires the inclusion of a particular unit of code to provide COM access to a dll file supplied by the TestComplete application The problem we ve run into recently is as follows Recent changes were made to a Windows service application to advance our development of the application This is the only application involved in this scenario with code changes For some reason these code changes are causing some sort of permissions problem Here s the quote from AutomatedQA s support desk quot According to the specified offset the cause of the problem is that the tcclients dll library could not create a memory-mapped file it uses the CreateFileMapping and MapViewOfFile functions to do this We assume that your applications are running with different permissions If the mapped file is created in the system service first it cannot be created in the ordinary application afterward Please try to equalize the permissions for these applications and tell me the results quot I ve equalized the permissions and sure enough everything worked great Here s my problem The system service is being run under the Local System account and the ordinary application is being run under a local administrator user account Supposedly there really should not be any permissions problems in running these applications But obviously there are So to my Service permissions problem for Local System question Is there something that I can have my developers investigate in the recent changes to the system service to narrow down why there are permissions problems Any help would be GREAT Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

HI everyone. I am having a problem, my Service Host: Local System process is being a complete hog. It typically uses around 30% of CPU and 65 MB of Memory. This only started occurring recently when I applied the new Java update. I tried to restore my system to before the update; however, it fails whenever I try. I also have numerous Rundlll32 running. (I'm not certain how many, but at least half of my task manager view is occupied by them)

I would appreciate any help. Thank you so much.

Mod Edit ,moved to Am I Infected ~~ boopme

A:Service Host: Local System CPU/Memory Hog

Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.Do not reboot until instructed.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.Post it in your next reply.NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494636/service-host-local-system-cpumemory-hog/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello

I'm having a problem with Service Host Local System. It is using up all my memory. So is there a way to fix this?

A:Service Host Local System is using up all my memory

Hi PS3DRA My name is Aura and I'll be assisting you with your issue. Follow the instructions below please.MiniToolBoxDownload MiniToolBox and move the file to your Desktop;Right-click on MiniToolBox.exe and select Run as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users);Check the following options:Flush DNS;Report IE Proxy Settings;Reset IE Proxy Settings;Report FF Proxy Settings;Reset FF Proxy Settings;List content of Hosts;List IP Configuration;List Winsock Entries;List Last 10 Event Viewer Errors;List Installed Programs;List Devices - Only Problems;List Users, Partitions and Memory size;Once this is done, click on Go and wait for the scan to complete;Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/605586/service-host-local-system-is-using-up-all-my-memory/
Relevancy 64.93%

I know there is a way to copy a Local network path to a Word document or even an interoffice email that allows the user to just click on the link. However when I copy the link only part of the link is underlined and hyperlinked. It runs in my mind that I need to place Quotations around the path in order for it to show as a hyperlink but that does not work. can anyone help me?? Thanks in advanced

A:Local Network path to UNC path

does anyone have any idea about this thread. I have posted it but received no response. Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/local-network-path-to-unc-path-375662.html
Relevancy 64.5%

my old drive crashed bought a new one, and the 5 cds to recover it from acer before I installed the cd's I could get into bios. Now nothing and I keep getting the following error evertime it gets to the end of installing recovery disk 3 restore failed - cannot find image path path:c:\images_tmp_dir\install.wim

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:restore failed - cannot find image path path:c:\im...

I Used Rufus, and yes I changed the BIOS, but I had read I need to change the format of my flash to fat64 which I have just done, now I am retrying to redo the ISO.  I will let you know if that works.

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/restore-failed-cannot-find-image-path-path-c-images-tmp-dir/td-p/398469/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 64.5%

my old drive crashed bought a new one, and the 5 cds to recover it from acer before I installed the cd's I could get into bios. Now nothing and I keep getting the following error evertime it gets to the end of installing recovery disk 3 restore failed - cannot find image path path:c:\images_tmp_dir\install.wim

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:restore failed - cannot find image path path:c:\im...

I Used Rufus, and yes I changed the BIOS, but I had read I need to change the format of my flash to fat64 which I have just done, now I am retrying to redo the ISO.  I will let you know if that works.

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/restore-failed-cannot-find-image-path-path-c-images-tmp-dir/td-p/398469
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello! Service Host: Local System CPU is taking up a lot of memory on my Windows 8 HP Envy 17. It's at a whopping 196.8 MB. When I'm watching a Youtube video or reading manga, the fan did not spin fast or get hot. It only did when I watched anime on Gogoanime. Now, the fan heats up as the memory and CPU go up over the smallest things like taking pictures on the webcam or downloading updates like Cyberlink for the Youcam via HP Support Assistant. I haven't run System Restore since I recently reset my laptop to factory conditions. I have like 5 Google Chrome 32 bit opened and one of them is like around 102.5 MB. 

I would appreciate any help. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520409/service-host-local-system-cpu-taking-up-memory/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello guys it's been some months i built a new computer on my own but unfortunately it continues to give me several problem In particular it freeze and crash a couple of time at day with different errors reported like Whea Uncorrectable Error System Service Exception Driver IRQL not Less or Equal I will post my set up Motherboard MSI Z A Krait Gaming CPU Intel i K Graphic Card Nvidia GTX RAM Hyper X Fury DDR MHz stick of GB each Gb total After some research on new on System Error, Service computer, BSDOS Whea Except Uncorrectable the web i read that the CPU support only DDR Mhz so i tryed to change RAM frequency on BIOS setting like this and on CPU-z it appears like this BSDOS on new computer, Whea Uncorrectable Error, System Service Except But unfortunately i continue to experience a lot of crash due BSDOS on new computer, Whea Uncorrectable Error, System Service Except to several different errors like this As now i'm truly resigned and no longer know what to do I hope you can give me some advice Ps i also tryed to scan the the disk and no errors appeared Thank you in advance

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/66556-bsdos-new-computer-whea-uncorrectable-error-system-service-except.html
Relevancy 63.64%

There for I am having installation problems. It appears to deleted. What do I do?

A:System cannot find AppData\Local(\Temp).

We need more information. Did you receive an error message? Please post back a screenshot of verbatim error.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/309991-system-cannot-find-appdata-local-temp.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Because of a problem in a program file located in c:\Program Files (x86), I began to do a system restore to the time before the problem program was installed.

When the System Restore window opens for confirmation it shows that "Local Disk (C) (System)" is status: "Ready to restore" and the check-box next to it is checked.

The next line has a empty check-box for "Local Disk (C)" with the Status: "The drive cannot be found."

I didn't try to do it anyway, so as not to maybe create a greater problem.

Anyone know what's up with the drive not being found? Is there a fix? Windows clearly knows it's there and that it was modified after the restore point was created, because the affected programs that would be uninstalled and installed list shows up in the previous window.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-restore-cannot-find-local-disk-c.947276/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a Dell Dimension that was upgraded from windows xp to windows home premium Memory was udgraded as well Monitor was not showing an image so computer was incorrectly shutdown a few times while trying to fix it When image was visible on the monitor I saw this message I clicked repair and would restart over and over to same point and same error message I went online and download a windows home premium repair disk but it didn't seems to recognize it when restarting because it brought me back to the previously mentioned error After a few online searches I did F and launch disk and it brought me here and it was like that for few minutes and then I got Then it show the blue window startup window I previously post then this screen I chose to load driver using windows repair CD I downloaded online but not sure image cannot find on computer error system Windows this a whats the names or how to do this so I clicked cancel I clicked Restore your computer using a system image that you created earlier and next then I received the following error Tried every one of the following options except for command prompt Can someone help please DId I format the Computer Did I loose all my files How can I get windows to work again Thank you in advance

A:Windows cannot find a system image on this computer error

Hi, Welcome to forums.

check out this link Solution: Windows Backup/Restore 'Windows Cannot Find a System Image on This Computer' Error

Might be able to help you.

You should focus on this in the topic.

Quote:
After much fiddling, I found that Windows Recovery is looking for something very specific: the folder for your backup MUST be named WindowsImageBackup and it MUST be at the root (top level) of your external hard drive (it cannot be inside any sub-folders). If not, Windows won’t be able to find it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/321163-windows-cannot-find-system-image-computer-error.html
Relevancy 63.64%
Relevancy 63.21%

I have been reading the post by Nv http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html and have found that I have the same problem I am using Nortons Anti Virus Spyware Doctor Registry Mechanic AVG Adaware Spybot Search amp Destroy as well as HijackThis I have checked Or 'http:///'. Address Correct Message: Is The Find Error Internet Sure Cannot Path Make through msconfig and cannot find anything that really shouldnt be there although there is one with the Error Message: Cannot Find 'http:///'. Make Sure The Path Or Internet Address Is Correct microsoft corporation that is called quot Computer Browser quot but I'm unsure as to whether or not I should stop it I have used HijackThis but I have no idea what to fix and what not to can someone please help My HijackThis Log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor sdhelp exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXEC Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Documents and Settings Owner My Documents Downloads HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com au R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO PCTools Site Guard - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdsg dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO NAV Helper - A F D D-E - D -B A - BB FDD - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - BHO PCTools Browser Monitor - B A D D- - C -A - DF C AC - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdpb dllO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarI... Read more

A:Error Message: Cannot Find 'http:///'. Make Sure The Path Or Internet Address Is Correct

whats going on? Ive posted this and am waiting for some help....there have been 38 viewings of the thread but not one reply to help me

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/79670/error-message-cannot-find-http-make-sure-the-path-or-internet-address-is-correct/
Relevancy 63.21%

DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Me at on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV McAfee VirusScan On-access scanning "Cannot <garbage address the sure IE find correct." or Internet IE... is Make error. Cannot path use characters>. enabled Updated B EE - - CDE-A A-DD BA IE "Cannot find <garbage characters>. Make sure the path or Internet address is correct." error. Cannot use IE... FAD FW McAfee Personal Firewall enabled B - C F- -BDA - CA DA E Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files McAfee MSK MskSrver exe C Program Files Acer Acer VCM RS Service exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system PersistenceThread exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe C Program Files Carbonite CarbonitePreinstaller exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Launch Manager LManager exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Acer Acer VCM AcerVCM exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C WINDOWS system igfxext exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Documents and Settings Me Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp s amp o xph amp d amp m ao h uSearch Page hxxp www google com uDefault Page URL hxxp homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp s amp o xph amp d amp m ao h uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uDefault Search URL hxxp www google com ie mDefault Page URL hxxp homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp s amp o xph amp d amp m ao h mStart Page hxxp homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp s amp o xph amp d amp m ao h uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp s amp o xph amp d amp m ao h uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO McAfee Phishing Filter b a- - a -b -be afe ab - c progra mcafee msk mskapbho dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c program files mcafee virusscan scriptsn dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO b e -a b - a -b - cd e a ff - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch c d fe-e d- -bb - c e e c e - c program files google google toolbar component fastsearch B C AC BB E dll TB McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar ebbbe -bad - b c- e a- abecae - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll TB Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun swg quot c program files google googletoolbarnotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe quot mRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exe mRun PersistenceThread c windows system Persistence... Read more

A:IE "Cannot find <garbage characters>. Make sure the path or Internet address is correct." error. Cannot use IE...

After doing some more research, I fixed the problem.It was really bizarre, whenever I launched IE I would get a message box with the following error: "Cannot find 'http://<garbage characters>'. Make sure the path or Internet address is correct." After clicking [OK] it would then try to open up IE again, basically causing an infinite loop of errors.Firefox would not run either. As soon as I launched Firefox it would crash immediately.I tried removing and reinstalling Firefox and also tried upgrading to IE8. Nothing worked. The IE8 install gt hung trying to download.To make a long story short, I found this thread via google:http://www.d-a-l.com/help/general-internet...-name-make.htmlI restored my Internet options from Control Panel and everything works again.It was pretty brutal, I think the Internet options were set set to another language and that caused all of the problems. Malwarebytes and Adaware did not detect any problems.Hopefully, this will help someone else with the same problem.-Zork

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/242282/ie-cannot-find-make-sure-the-path-or-internet-address-is-correct-error-cannot-use-ie-or-firefox/
Relevancy 62.78%

I'm getting annoying background loading (loading wheel next to pointer) that I think is being caused by something under Service Host: Local System

I've caught the disk use for Service Host: Local System in Task Manager occurring at the same as the loading wheel.

It occurs randomly and usually lasts a few seconds.

I thought any background loading should not cause loading icons to appear during idle states? I'm unsure how to troubleshoot this further.

I'm also getting a lot of loading activity in chrome as well that doesn't seem normal.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/service-host-local-system-causing-annoying-background-loading-1044833.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Every time I start my computer I get this general box Once I press ok then I can proceed I Start address "cannot or Up find error path file:///'.make internet is sure the corre think I may be infected with something I ve searched my reg and can t find the file in the hpspool exe file here s my hijack file What Start Up error "cannot find file:///'.make sure the path or internet address is corre should I do I m running quot Avast quot as my virus program and using quot malwarebytes quot as my malware remover Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS Start Up error "cannot find file:///'.make sure the path or internet address is corre system spoolsv exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Start Up error "cannot find file:///'.make sure the path or internet address is corre Bin ACService exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe F Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Linksys EasyLink Advisor LinksysAgent exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files ComcastUI Universal Installer uinstaller exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files ComcastUI Universal Installer uinstaller exe C Program Files IncrediMail bin IMApp exe C Program Files IncrediMail bin IncMail exe D Other HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO CInterceptor Object - D FE - D - F -BB E-C A A A - C Program Files Pando Networks Pando PandoIEPlugin dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll file missing O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLL file missing O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar Component fastsearch A FB BD dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-I... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/start-up-error-cannot-find-file-make-sure-the-path-or-internet-address-is-corre.835174/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello I have recently changed my laptop OS from Linux RHEL to Windows Before changing the OS I have copied all my data abt GB into an external USB drive When I tried to restore the backup files into the Win laptop it gives an error viz Filename too long nbsp file path too long exceeded characters etc nbsp nbsp I have many folders and files to move and will not be able to manually shorten every file name nbsp nbsp Is there any way tool from Microsoft thru which I can seamlessly transfer from my USB HDD to Local drive nbsp I am the administrator user on the laptop Note After going thru a couple of blogs I have used the Robocopy to/from or local 256 renaming long, too long, HDD path to copying exceeded characters, USB Error: when HDD too Filename file etc: External which is inbuilt in Win and was able to succeed to a greater extent but not nbsp There Error: Filename too long, file path too long, exceeded 256 characters, etc: when renaming or copying to/from local HDD to External USB HDD are few files which has been skipped by Error: Filename too long, file path too long, exceeded 256 characters, etc: when renaming or copying to/from local HDD to External USB HDD the command as per the copy summary see attached and I am unable identify those exact files which are missed so that I can manually located them on my USB HDD and copy to the local system nbsp nbsp Is there an way to locate those missing files ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Error: Filename too long, file path too long, exceeded 256 characters, etc: when renaming or copying to/from local HDD to External USB HDD nbsp nbsp Total nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Copied nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Skipped nbsp Mismatch nbsp nbsp nbsp FAILED nbsp nbsp nbsp Extras nbsp nbsp nbsp Dirs nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Files nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Bytes nbsp g nbsp nbsp nbsp g nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp m nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Times nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Speed nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Bytes sec nbsp nbsp Speed nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp MegaBytes min nbsp nbsp Ended Tue Nov ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- - Ragards Yash

A:Error: Filename too long, file path too long, exceeded 256 characters, etc: when renaming or copying to/from local HDD to External USB HDD

If you capture the detailed robocopy log then you can see which files were skipped.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/55ba5517-2324-4c72-b004-3dfe7541df34/error-filename-too-long-file-path-too-long-exceeded-256-characters-etc-when-renaming-or?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello, this is an issue that I've been facing for a long time, but until now, I managed to fix it by doing a system restore, but it always came back after a couple of months. Yesterday I reinstalled Windows 8.1 with I hope that the problem would be gone, but after a couple of hours the issue was there again, and I have no idea what to do now, it usually uses around 35-40% of my CPU (FX-8320), it seems like that it is also causing other processes to use more cpu power than normal, usually those are programs that I installed (Google Chrome, Asus Al Suite II, Advanced System care, Asus Routine Controller) When I kill the process after a couple of seconds it just restarts itself. Please help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587160/service-host-local-system-network-restricted-causing-high-cpu-usage-win-81/
Relevancy 61.92%

I read through some posts made about a year ago about an IE error msg I downloaded HijackThis and I have no idea what to do from here I got on my computer today and tried to open an IE web browser and got some weird error messages Everytime I close the error boxes a web browser tries to open but it closes and Windows Make 'http://[weird Msg address "Cannot Find Error is or path Internet sure correct." characters]/'. IE subsequently brings back two more error messages and no web browser At the moment I am running IE with add-ons disabled That's the only way I've been able to get Windows IE Error Msg "Cannot Find 'http://[weird characters]/'. Make sure path or Internet address is correct." a browser Please help Windows IE Error Msg "Cannot Find 'http://[weird characters]/'. Make sure path or Internet address is correct." Logfile of Trend Windows IE Error Msg "Cannot Find 'http://[weird characters]/'. Make sure path or Internet address is correct." Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS system drivers CDAC BA EXEC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exeC WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exeC Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exec PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exec PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exeC Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exeC Nexon Mabinogi npkcmsvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exec TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exec PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Toshiba Toshiba Applet thotkey exeC Program Files Protector Suite QL psqltray exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP Toshiba exeC WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exeC Program Files Toshiba Tvs TvsTray exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exeC toshiba ivp ism pinger exeC Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSServ exeC Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Yahoo Search Protection SearchProtection exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFXFER exeC WINDOWS system TPSBattM exeC PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exeC WINDOWS system RAMASST exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files MemoKit memokit exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exec PROGRA mcafee msc mcshell exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcods exec PROGRA mcafee VIRUSS mcvsshld exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC DOCUME Tory LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for HiJackThis zip HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com f... Read more

A:Windows IE Error Msg "Cannot Find 'http://[weird characters]/'. Make sure path or Internet address is correct."

Hello LioneyesWelcome to BleepingComputer ========================Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/186567/windows-ie-error-msg-cannot-find-httpweird-characters-make-sure-path-or-internet-address-is-correct/
Relevancy 61.49%

Could not start the Apache Tomcat service on Local Computer
Error 1067: The process treminated unexpectedly.

I installed Apache Tomcat on windows XP and unable to start the service.

Please advice

Thank you.

A:Could not start the Apache Tomcat service on Local Computer

Hello and Welcome to TSF,

Go here and look at this article:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/setup.html

control panel
admin tools
services
Apache Tomcat service: started, automatic

Note: Check the setupapi.log, setuperror.txt, setuplog.txt log files to see if a mini-setup error occured?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/could-not-start-the-apache-tomcat-service-on-local-computer-379726.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Have a Lenovo Yoga 2 running Windows 10. Booted up the computer this morning and received the following error message: "Error starting local HTTP service for Lenovo Service Bridge. Please check if one of the following ports is available: 50123, 50124." Couldn't connect the computer to the internet, even though it showed the computer is connected to Wifi. Tried uninstalling service service bridge and it uninstalled successfully I think. Rebooted and then got temporary spuratic internet access for a moment but now it is gone again. Has anyone had this same problem and solved it? Please help. I'm not particularly skilled at Windows troubleshooting so any help and advice you can provide will be much appreciated. (P.S. I have lots of trouble with my computer since upgrading to Windows 10)

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-2-Lenovo-Service-Bridge-error-starting-local-http-server/td-p/3445148
Relevancy 60.63%

*I am unable to connect to the Internet on wireless home network.
I have carried out the following:

'Click Start, type services.msc, then press Enter.
Scroll down to "WLAN AutoConfig" and right click on it and select Properties. Set it to Automatic and not Disabled, and press the Start button, then click OK.
That should start the service.'

I received the following message:

"Windows could not start Wired AutoConfig Service on local computer.
Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start."

Please help. I am not able to start Internet as a result cannot do any thing.

A:Windows cannot start the WLAN Autoconfig service on local computer

Hi Rmalik and welcome to the forums,

Here is a link that will take you to one of the Microsoft fix it pages. Follow the instructions and it should get you fixed up.

"Error 1068" Error Message When You Try to Turn On Internet Connection Sharing

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/246191-windows-cannot-start-wlan-autoconfig-service-local-computer.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hey Everyone,

I am facing a problem whenever I start the service [Windows Installer]
I tried nearly every single solution available to me like:Using the net start MSIServer command
Starting the service manually
Using Windows Fix It
Using sfc/scannow command to check for intergrity violations [Nothing Found]
Unregister and re-register the Windows Installer
Restart/Shutdown My Laptop

I am also unable to reinstall windows 7 again because I don't have the Disc with me
along with that, I attempted to find window installer 5.0 but sadly, it is not redistributable.

Now, I am left with no choice [I guess] but to beg for solutions from you all.

[Computer Specs]
Bits: 64
Manufacturer: Acer
Model: Aspire 4741
Windows Installer Ver: Windows ? Installer. V 5.0.7600.16385

Hope for some enlightenment please

A:Window Installer 5.0 Service on local computer started and then stoppe

hi,

Method 1
You may try to reregister Windows Installer and check if the issue reappears. To do this, follow these steps:

a. On the Start > Run box, type "msiexec /unreg", and then press ENTER.

b. Then type "msiexec /regserver", and then press ENTER.

Method 2
You may run System File Checker [SFC] scan on the computer which will replace the missing or corrupt files & check if the issue persists.
a. Type ‘cmd’ in Start > Run box. Right click on cmd in the Program list and then select the option Run as administrator.
b. Type the following command, and then press ENTER:
sfc /scannow

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/313174-window-installer-5-0-service-local-computer-started-then-stoppe.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi,

I'm running XP SP2 and I can't launch the Terminal Services service.Anytime I start it, it immediately stops with a message:

"The terminal services service on local computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance logs and alerts services.".

I checked with other computers and my config
([HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\TermService]) looks ok.

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!
Thanks for your time.

A:The terminal services service on local computer started and then stopped.

It won't run if it has nothing to do. That is normal. Why are you starting it? It will start automatically when needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-terminal-services-service-on-local-computer-started-and-then-stopped.790361/
Relevancy 60.63%

Just need to know if I'm infected please help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista computer service center not security could the start on windows local SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system taskeng exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program windows could not start the security center service on local computer Files BillP Studios WinPatrol WinPatrol exeC Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC Windows System mobsync exeC PROGRAM FILES POP PEEPER POPPEEPER EXEC Program Files Avant Browser avant exeC Windows system mmc exeC Windows Explorer exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www crawler com search dispatcher a amp tbid R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant http www crawler com search ie aspx tb id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main CustomizeSearch http dnl crawler com support sa customize aspx TbId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul windows could not start the security center service on local computer rch search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www crawler com search ie aspx tb id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http dnl windows could not start the security center service on local computer crawler com support sa customize aspx TbId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page blank htmR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page blank htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Toolbar amp RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dllO - HKLM Run WinPatrol C Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe -expressbootO - HKLM Run egui quot C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe quot hide waitserviceO - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware Application C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeO - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - Extra context menu item amp ieSpell Options - res C Program Files ieSpell iespell dll SPELLOPTION HTMO - Extra context menu item Check amp Spelling - res C Program Files ieSpell iespell dll SPELLCHECK HTMO - Extra context menu item Customize Menu - file C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboFormComCustomizeIEMenu htmlO - Extra context menu item Fill Forms - file C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboFormComFillForms htmlO - Extra context menu item Google Lookup - C Program Files AB Extension Pack Lookup luGoogle htmO - Extra context menu item RoboForm Toolbar - file C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboForm... Read more

A:windows could not start the security center service on local computer

Hello. I am PropagandaPanda (Panda or PP for short), and I will be helping you with your log.I apologize for the delay in response. We get overwhelmed with logs at times, but we are trying our best to keep up. If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If you still need help, post a new HijackThis log.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favourites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools. Doing so could cause changes to the directions I have to give you and prolong the time required. Further more, you should not be taking any advice relating to this computer from any other source throughout the course of this fix.If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean". We do not want to clean you part-way, only to have the system re-infect itself. Finally, please reply using the button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Run Scan with KasperskyPlease do a scan with Kaspersky Online Scanner. If for some reason you cannot complete this scan, skip it.This scan is for Internet Explorer Only.If you are using Windows Vista, open your browser by right-clicking on its icon and select Run as administrator to perform this scan.Please disable your realtime protection software before proceeding. Refer to this page if you are unsure how.Open the Kaspersky Scanner page.Click on Accept and install any components it needs.The program will install and then begin downloading the latest definition files.After the files have been downloaded on the left side of the page in the Scan section select My ComputerThis will start the program and scan your system.The scan will take a while, so be patient and let it run.Once the scan is complete, click on View scan reportNow, click on the Save Report as button.Save the file to your desktop.Copy and paste that information in your next post.You can refer to this animation by sundavis.This scanner will only scan. It does not remove any malware it finds.Save Uninstall List with HijackThisDouble click the HijackThis icon on your desktop.If you see a while screen, click Main Menu at the middle bottom of the window, otherwise move onto the next step.Click Open the Misc Tools section.Under System tools, select Uninstall Manager....Near the bottom right, click Save list... and save uninstall_list.txt onto your desktop.Close out of HijackThis.Post back with uninstall_list.txt.Post back with:-the Kaspersky log-the uninstall list-a new HijackThis logPlease also tell me of any changes you have made to your computer since your topic was started.If you do not make a reply in 5 days, we will need to close your topic.With Regards,The PandaImportant Note to Other Users Reading this Topic: The instructions provided in this topic below this point are for the original topic starter only. Even if you have similar problems or log entries to those given here, please do not follow the directions, especially those involving specific tools and scripts. Doing so can result in serious damage to your computer. Instead, please start your own topic. Feel free to link to any relevant topics as needed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/177085/windows-could-not-start-the-security-center-service-on-local-computer/
Relevancy 60.63%

I need some help to get my wireless connection to work again After recent Windows Update my wireless connection no longer works I've done some troubleshooting and I have ruled out my ISP cable modem and router leaving the issue to be something within the computer Dell laptop - Inspiron The wired connection works fineWhen I run Windows Network Diagnosis it tells me that the Windows on not the service Computer WLAN start Local AutoConfig Windows could Wireless Service is not running see attached pdf report When I try to manually start the WLANSVC service i get an error message that says quot Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer Error xc quot see attached When I try to manually start the WLANSVC service from the command prompt as Admin I get a slightly different message that says quot The WLAN AutoConfig service is starting The WLAN AutoConfig service could not be started A system error has Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer occurred System error has occurred is not a valid Win application quot see Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer attached I've downloaded the latest Intell PROset Wireless drivers from Dell V for the Wireless-N wireless network adapter and have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers This didn't help I've attached some screenshots and a pdf Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer copy of the Windows Network Diagnostics report Wi-Fi Troubleshooting Report pdf

A:Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer

Hi, welcome to Tenforums.
Wlansvc only runs if:
a. ethernet is not active/connected
b. Wifi is active

Presumably since you have used this you have
a. Enabled Wifi e.g. via the tile in the Action Centre
b. ensured you are not in airplane mode
c. pressed your Wifi button to switch it on
d. your Wifi is enabled on your router.

Now a number of people have reported problems post 1511 as you probably know.
E.g.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...7-538556dd08a3

I also noted this comment:
Windows 10 update 1511 removes TLS 1.0 authentication from Windows. You have to use TLS 1.2.
from
Windows 10 version 1511, no longer able to connect to Enterprise WiFi

Atheros 9000 series cards seem to be problematic with 1511.

Please add your Wifi card type to your system specs.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/35474-windows-could-not-start-wlan-autoconfig-service-local-computer.html
Relevancy 60.63%

OK let's see what's up Yesterday I woke up and suddenly my wifi wasn't showing any networks and my wifi manager on 'Windows Local not WLAN the could Computer service start autoconfig kept crashing I have a Samsung RV and for the year or so that I've had it there has never been this problem Following instructions I found online I've done just about everything but everytime I try 'Windows could not start the WLAN autoconfig service on Local Computer and start up the autoconfig service in 'services' I get error The dependency service or group failed to start I found this post on this forum wireless service can't start I did all the things mentioned including downloading the reg files again from the link given in the thread but to no avail I even went to the drastic measure of deleting my wifi and lan drives from the network adapters part of Device Manager and downloaded two from the Samsung website The computer is exactly how it was 'Windows could not start the WLAN autoconfig service on Local Computer though my LAN remains intact while wifi is just the same I've run virus scans I've had Avast since November run wise doctor to fix registry and used SuperAntiSpyware to remove any spyware it found Overall I spent almost hours trying to sort this yesterday and I'm at my wit's end Any help would be greatly appreciated Also even though the LAN works from my downloaded drivers is it possible I have the wrong one for my wifi Or are they somewhat interchangeable

A:'Windows could not start the WLAN autoconfig service on Local Computer

Maybe your WiFi card has failed. It can happen.
Does Samsung have a hardware diagnostic program you can run.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/257756-windows-could-not-start-wlan-autoconfig-service-local-computer.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello everyone I am new to this community and i would wish to ask for IT assistance I can t install new programs because my windows installer service was unable to on computer Installer Windows and The then started Service stopped local start Whenever i attempt to The Windows Installer Service on local computer started and then stopped start it it will load a little bit and a popup will appear https dl dropboxusercontent com u Win png Now I am quite helpless because I also tried searching all over the internet finding for a solution Solutions Tried Unregistering Msiexec and Registering Msiexec System File Checker SFC scan Nothing Found Microsoft Fix-It Check For SYSTEM Permission Full Control Given To SYSTEM Starting Windows Installer Service via quot net start MSIServer quot Result System error had occurred System Restore I plan of using a system repair disc but I don t have one or even a blank disc I am really very stressed because of this situation because I can t install any application be it Java or Adobe photoshop Please Help Me Laptop Specifications OS Window Home Premium BITS Manufacturer Acer Model Aspire RAM GB Windows Installer Version Processor Intel Pentium Processor P Hard Drive GB HDD Thank You Everyone nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

I just got a new laptop a month or so ago. I did a system restore on it because I was having some freezing issues. I works well now, but for some reason I cannot uninstall some of the preloaded programs on there, which I could before I did the restore. When I try to uninstall Norton, I get this error. When I try to uninstall muvee it begins the process but closes partway through. Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/uninstall-resuls-the-system-cannot-find-the-path-specified.765403/
Relevancy 60.2%

I'll just assume that we have all seen this post or had the issue our selves at some point I too was not lazy about this and searched Google bing and every forum on earth including this one for a solution I was told WRONGLY of course by a web site that the Environment Variable PATH all caps was different than path all lower-case SO trying to force Java to work for the android SDK I added a PATH blah blah blah java stuff Which of course ended up re-writing the original path lower-case that existed NOW I am freaking out because I have no issues yet but Deleted and Error PATH Restore System have a strong feeling one day my new laptop will commit suicide because of this issue I have tried Recovery at least times I tried once after I caused the issue Then googled harder I have completely uninstalled using the McAfee tool my trial of McAfee I uninstalled Avast first manually then using their tool and deleting the registry for it I went as far as uninstalling CCleaner and Malwarebytes to make sure it was not them I tried Recovery in Safe Mode in Clean Boot mode and then tried the two together Still I cannot seem to get a System Restore to work This laptop asus was quot owned Deleted PATH and System Restore Error quot by another person for a month before me They started it looked at couldn't figure it out older person and gave it to me When I do the Recovery system restore I get the whole- Recovery Unsuccessful error x a file could not be found that it may be an AV program stopping it I also know that this is just a cop-out by Microsoft and that the issue can be caused by nearly anything I've tried everything I can think of I was about to use the Refresh or cant remember name Remove all Files And Reinstall Windows options but of course this laptop didn't come with a Windows disc so I was too scared to try Any help would be amazingly appreciated before I call the quot expert quot up to fix it for me I am computer literate but only to a point If you share any advanced options I must ask that you are very detailed in your descriptions to help me Hoping for a fix but to be honest from searching for hours I have my doubts Just as a side the path variable was not the standard windows variable it contained something about intel and a bunch of stuff I didn't read closely And I have learned my lesson So if i can get help with a working System Restore or a simple enough to understand ISO download and reinstall either is fine I've only had the computer for days and am happy to just re-download everything o have on it Thanks in advance Sorry if double post internet froze EDIT- For some reason the latop only had a single restore point yesterday after i installed Avast just after i updated to I assumed it would have created one earlier since it was owned for a month prior but it did not

A:Deleted PATH and System Restore Error

You can give this a try.

Look in C:\Windows\System32\config. That's where the registry files are located:

sam
security
software
system

I don't know where environment variables are kept but you could try the following:
Look at the date of the registry file in C:\Windows\System32\config\regback. If they are dated before you messed up the path variable then:

rename C:\Windows\System32\config\system system-old
copy C:\Windows\System32\config\regback\system C:\Windows\System32\config

Reboot and see if that fixed it. If not, put system back then try software, then security then sam then default. One of them should fix the problem. Once you have it fixed, copy the path Environment Variable info then put back the registry file you replaced to the original (-old) version, reboot then fix the path variable.

Note: You may have to do this from the WinRE environment by booting a Windows 8 or 8.1 install DVD or flash drive as the files may be locked (in use) when booted from C:.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/44397-deleted-path-system-restore-error.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,

While trying to set-up a SQL Server account in Computer Management I've discovered that "Local Users and Groups" doesn't exist under System Tools tree. I select Start > Computer (right click) > enter admin. password > Computer Mgmt. opens and under System Tools there is no listing for "Local Users and Groups". Any help will be appreciated. Running Windows 7 multi-booted with several Linux distros on a Dell Inspiron 530S Desktop.

A:Can't Find Local Users and Groups in Computer Management

Hello Gdawg,

I'm sorry, but Local Users and Groups is not available in the Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, and Home Premium editions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/174156-cant-find-local-users-groups-computer-management.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I am new to this so please forgive me. I have Windows XP - Windows 7 Viena, Service Pack 3 2008-2009. I have no idea what all of that means, but I know that all my info is gone and all of my homework. It says Cannot find local profile and is logging me on to a temp profile and all changes will be lost. I had to re-do my research paper and then I had to shut down and restart the computer since after hybernation I could not log onto my school site. When it came back on, again as a temporary profile, my 7 hours of work was gone again. PLEASE HELP!!! How do I get all of my work back.

A:Help - My laptop ate my homework - Error Message: Cannot find local profile

Hi

The files from your original profile should be saved in C:\Documents and Settings\Username\My Documents. Then make a new profile and transfer the data across.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-my-laptop-ate-my-homework-error-message-cannot-find-local-profile-433393.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,

I have Win7 x64 with SP1 installed and joined to my company's domain. I've been facing this problem for a long time now. 
When I try opening the ICS service, it tells me that

The Internet Connection Sharing(ICS) service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services
stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.

Does anyone see what's wrong? or how to troubleshoot this?

A:The internet connection sharing(ICS) service on Local Computer started and then stopped.

You probably did not configure ICS.
You don't need to start this service in services.msc. It is started automatically when you configure it.
To configure ICS go to Network and sharing center, then click 'change adapter settings'.
Open properties of adapter whose connection you want to share.
Click 'Sharing' tab, then click 'Allow other network users to connect ...'

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/03a7cf0b-9a44-4e02-82c5-cfe5baaf1ed0/the-internet-connection-sharingics-service-on-local-computer-started-and-then-stopped?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 60.2%

I'm running W7 Home Premium. I used to run Comodo's Internet Security Suite, but recently uninstalled that and switched to MSSE.

I get the following msg from the Action Center:
"Windows could not start the Security Center service on Local Computer." Error code 5

The Security Center service is set to Automatic (D). If I try to start it manually I get the above message. Both required dependencies are set to automatic, and have started ok.

Any help in resolving this would be much appreciated.

Dick

A:"Windows could not start the Security Center service on Local Computer

Try starting the service from a command prompt. Type cmd in the Start Menu search box, right click cmd.exe and select "Run as Administrator". In the commnd window type "net start wscsvc" without the quotes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/94701-windows-could-not-start-security-center-service-local-computer.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Question nbsp Applies to nbsp Windows nbsp Windows nbsp Security privacy amp accounts nbsp Security and to Local has occurred, Service Log regarding error Windows Ultimate- allowing error in Database" "An unexpected 7 as Failed save Policy privacy views Windows Ultimate- error regarding allowing Log in as Service quot An unexpected error has occurred Failed to save Local Policy Database quot TA TageAndersson nbsp asked on nbsp lt button aria-label quot Date quot class quot msaActionText msgHistoryBtn info-panel-toggle-link quot data-panelcontainer quot Windows 7 Ultimate- error regarding allowing Log in as Service "An unexpected error has occurred, Failed to save Local Policy Database" userInfo quot data-paneltarget quot message-history-holder- ef - - aff- a- bf ef quot style quot color cd font-style inherit font-variant inherit font-weight inherit font-size inherit line-height inherit font-family inherit margin px cursor pointer padding px border none display inline quot title quot See post history quot gt April lt button gt During a long period I'm nbsp doing a huge jobs to Windows 7 Ultimate- error regarding allowing Log in as Service "An unexpected error has occurred, Failed to save Local Policy Database" take back ownership for files as attributes write protected atrib My database for network policy setting secedit sdb have problem corrupted So to check my database I went to CMD as administrator From CMD I run esentutl g windir security database secedit sdb Result C Windows system gt esentutl g windir security database secedit sdb nbsp Extensible Storage Engine Utilities for Microsoft R Windows R Version Copyright C Microsoft Corporation All Rights Reserved nbsp Error Access to source database 'C Windows security database secedit sdb' failed with Jet error - nbsp Operation terminated with error - JET errFileAccessDenied Cannot access file the file is locked or in use after seconds I was try same commando attributt r Operation terminated with error - JET errInvalidParameter Invalid API parameter after seconds Last command p Error Access to source database 'C Windows security database secedit sdb' failed with Jet error - nbsp Operation terminated with error - JET errFileAccessDenied Cannot access file the file is locked or in use after seconds So to me it sounds like another problem as how to get nbsp privilege administrator rights Before this database check was done I change my Bitdefender Total security from controlled firewall with change to off witch force firewall to be take over by nbsp Windows This sounds like Bitdefender as Firewall control manage did not nbsp causes this error nbsp Pleas help me wath next to do other with any ideas nbsp Tks so Rega

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6f2e774c-5ee3-4a61-8e0a-246b2b2bcbb8/windows-7-ultimate-error-regarding-allowing-log-in-as-service-quotan-unexpected-error-has?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I'm using Win Enterprise I opened a DOS window as Administrator and I navigated to a directory with two files in it - someFile cmd file and a someFile jar file I typed this find .cmd DOS the path from to trying specified" a cannot "system run on the command line someFile cmd and I "system cannot find the path specified" trying to run a .cmd from DOS get quot The system cannot find the path specified quot When I type someFile jar and press Enter I get no errors Just for fun I renamed the someFile cmd "system cannot find the path specified" trying to run a .cmd from DOS to someFile exe and tried to execute the someFile exe from the same DOS window and I got an error So for "system cannot find the path specified" trying to run a .cmd from DOS some reason the DOS window has a hard time running the cmd file I even opened Windows Explorer and dragged the someFile cmd into the DOS window and hit Enter and that resulted in the same quot cannot find the path specified quot error I'm pretty confidant it's related to the file's extension Does anyone know what's going on This did not used to be a problem about a year ago I haven't played with this since then but it is now And I do not know why or how to get around it Thanks in advance Logan

A:"system cannot find the path specified" trying to run a .cmd from DOS

In the Dos window type
path <Enter>

if none of the paths are dot '.' then it will not search the current directory unless it happens to be explicitly listed.

To add the dot, right click on Computer, click Advanced System Settings, click Environment Button. In user variables it should say Path. Edit it and put ".;" at the beginning so it will search the current directory first. Make sure there is only one semicolon between each path like
.;c:\users\joe;c:\windows\system32;yaddd yadda

note: the yadda yadda is optional.

How java does it I don't know. It may have its own path variable that always has the current directory first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/375480-system-cannot-find-path-specified-trying-run-cmd-dos.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I am getting this error message when I try to download windows media player 10.

"Error creating process <C:\DOCUME~1\JASON1\LOCALS~1\TEMP\IXP000.TMP\setup_wm.exe /P:C:\Documents and Settings\jason #2\Desktop\mp10setup.exe>. Reason: The system cannot find the path specified."

I am running windows XP, and I already have media player 9. I have already downloaded the file onto my desktop. The error message pops up when I try to open the setup file. Any adivice would be greatly appreciated!!

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi all having another head scratcher I recently built a new computer a few weeks ago and everything has been running smooth up an till a few days ago I have this issue where if the computer is left doing nothing for around mins it freezes up completely and cannot get into it without holding in the power button to power it off and let it boot up again what is frustrating is that i could be working on it for hours with a bunch of heavy applications running like adobe cs or running games like bf and it will be fine but as soon as it goes idle for a short period it freezes It also happened a few moments ago but this time it was as soon as I powered the computer on and logged in I have searched specifi failed cannot Solved: AODDriver4.2 to system service The file start, the find through the event viewer and there appears to be a pattern every time this happens I get the following error message The AODDriver service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified A few days i was getting this once before the freeze but now it appears twice in the logs There was also another one but I think I have fixed it as it has not appeared in the event viewer in the last two crashes The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load cdrom I have done a bit Solved: AODDriver4.2 service failed to start, The system cannot find the file specifi of research on the AODDriver service and apparently it is linked to Solved: AODDriver4.2 service failed to start, The system cannot find the file specifi my ATI graphics card somehow but there is not alot of posts on the net about this issue I have included a screenshot of my amd vision engine information Here is my computer specs OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor AMD A - APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MSI A M-P MS- Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled If you need any more information please ask Thank you nbsp

A:Solved: AODDriver4.2 service failed to start, The system cannot find the file specifi

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-aoddriver4-2-service-failed-to-start-the-system-cannot-find-the-file-specifi.1105827/
Relevancy 58.05%

For the last week or so this "Service host: Local System" will run almost the whole time I am on the pc and is cutting my bandwidth in half and eating into my data cap. This happens even if I have nothing running and just sitting on the desktop.

EDIT: It is Gears of War 4 that keeps constantly downloading over and over again even with the Windows Store not even open. Nearly 500 fucking GB in the last week is down the drain as it never will install and just gives error message.

https://hardforum.com/threads/service-host-local-system-killing-my-bandwidth.1912624/
Relevancy 57.62%

As soon as I start an application (Cadence Allegro PCB Designer 16.5 but I don't think it's relevant) my CPU usage gets to the roof and stays there long after I killed the application and I believe I every associated process. The CPU usage is so high that the battery will be drained after about 45 minutes (It usually last about 3 hours).

According to my task manager the responsible is "Service Host: Local System (Network Restricted)". As a matter of fact, preventing the executable from accessing the network sort of solves the issue. I don't believe I need that executable to access the network but I'd like to understand what kind of network service can consume that much CPU (was actually affraid of overheating) and to know if there's a more appropriate way to solve this. Thanks.

A:"Service Host: Local System (Network Restricted)" High CPU Usage

Hi Lous!

I'm having the complete same error with another one of Cadences programs, OrCAD.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/9167-service-host-local-system-network-restricted-high-cpu-usage.html
Relevancy 57.62%

i cant start windows audio and windows audio input services (thus getting no sound) when i try and start the latter i get error message

the RPC server is unavailable

so i try to look for that service
(edit ...all ^these services are set to start automaticly)

and closes thing to it was RPC Endpoint mapper

which is already started

i go to control panel/hardware and sound/sound

and says

would you like to enable windows audio service

i click yes but fcuk all happens except

the playback/recording /sounds/communication window opens

but says no audio devices are installed what i know is BS

any help much appreciated

A:audio service error

Quote: Originally Posted by Gilly

i cant start windows audio and windows audio input services (thus getting no sound) when i try and start the latter i get error message

the RPC server is unavailable

so i try to look for that service
(edit ...all ^these services are set to start automaticly)

and closes thing to it was RPC Endpoint mapper

which is already started

i go to control panel/hardware and sound/sound

and says

would you like to enable windows audio service

i click yes but fcuk all happens except

the playback/recording /sounds/communication window opens

but says no audio devices are installed what i know is BS

any help much appreciated

RPC (remote proceedure call) is a denpendancy. without it running a bunch of theings will not work. have you looked in services (services.msc) to see if you can start the service. Notice in the snip that RPC is started

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/15091-audio-service-error.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I pretty much don't really know much about my p c system as I'm not usually the one looking into the works of my p c In fact all I know is what I've seen others do So forgive me restricted)(11)" eating virtual (network Local system "service memory host: in my ignorance I've looked around and saw that either no one has my issue or if they do the fixes are generally confusing nbsp I bought a laptop with windows bout - months ago I not sure if the issues started when I upgraded to windows or just afterwards but they've been going on for a few weeks My computer is running out of virtual memory at the most random times Usually it starts to run out of virtual memory after a couple of days of it being left on with standby If I close most my active programs the memory changes by - If I have "service host: Local system (network restricted)(11)" eating virtual memory more then four programs open at this stage it warns me that my virtual memory is being used up I am usually using Chrome or firefox but that would refuse to stay open for more then seconds so I uninstalled it steam chatting only musicbee and task manager Task manager usage http i imgur com qpRPBxqh jpg Warning nbsp http i imgur com X TK png My only virus scan is Windows defender and it claims no threats were detected nbsp I have gig of ram but I'm not positive how to check virtual memory Or even where to start with fixing this issue nbsp Anyway thank you in advance and if you need more information just let me know

A:"service host: Local system (network restricted)(11)" eating virtual memory

Hi,
First, let me explain that Virtual memory is used when your RAM is filled up or when you put a laptop into hibernate mode (hibernate mode essentially dumps your RAM onto the hard drive so it can pick up where it left off even after power is shut off).
Since the general shut down of Windows 8 or 8.1 likes a combined hibernate  so that windows can start up quickly, I consider that this issue is caused by such shut down and fast boot.
I suggest we disable fast boot to check the issue:
To Turn "Fast Startup" On or Off in System Settings on this article:
http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/6320-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-8-a.html
Also, we can try to reset virtual memory to see what?s going on.
Configure Virtual Memory in Windows 8
http://www.trainingtech.net/configure-virtual-memory-in-windows-8/
If the issue persists, please test it in Clean boot mode:
How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

If the issue doesn?t appear, you can determine which one can be the cause by using dichotomy in MSconfig. Checking on half of Non-Microsoft service and restart, determining which half of the services cause the issue and repeating to check half of the problematic
half services.
If the issue persists in Clean boot mode, let?s run Process explorer to view which program calling service host causing this issue, and we can remove it to see what?s going on:

Process Explorer v15.40
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx
Detail steps you can refer this blog:
How to troubleshoot high cpu in the System process
http://blogs.technet.com/b/yongrhee/archive/2009/08/07/how-to-troubleshoot-high-cpu-in-the-system-process.aspx
It could help you to determine which process detailed under svhost.exe cause the issue.
Keep post.Kate Li
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/96deedbe-b1c1-45b5-9428-e6938f48d81d/quotservice-host-local-system-network-restricted11quot-eating-virtual-memory?forum=w8itproperf
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello,

I have an Ubuntu based home server with a portable usb hard drive shared via samba. I have the drive mapped to windows network drives on both my desktop and laptop. Several programs are dependent on this exact path (e.g., itunes). When I leave the house, however, I'd like to remove this drive from the network and bring it with me. The problem is, when I mount the drive to my laptop, the path is different so itunes and my myriad of other dependent programs can't find it.

What would be a solution to this problem?

Thanks a lot.

A:External HDD same path on server and local

is it giving it a different letter in ubuntu or windows if windows you can always make it have the same letter by assigning it one in disk management.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/311737-external-hdd-same-path-server-local.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Is there anyway I can find the specific local path of an IMG using code or script?

A:Local path for temporary files

Click on start->Run->Type %temp% and hit enter
also Click on start->Run->Type temp and hit enter

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/local-path-for-temporary-files-433088.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I'm running Windows XP Pro Edition SP1 and every time i log in I get an error message saying:

Windows cannot find 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\service.exe'

I've run various spyware and virus detection and removal programs and cleaned everything up as best I can, but can't get rid of this error message. It doesn't seem to affect performance at all, but it is extremely annoying to see it every time I log in.

Any suggestions?

A:"Windows cannot find.....\drivers\service.exe" error message

I'd suspect that there's some damage done by the viruses that hasn't been fixed.I'd suggest installing Service Pack 2 AFTER scanning for viruses again and updating your hardware drivers.Once that's done, then update to Service Pack 3. FYI - yes, you can go directly to SP3, but I wouldn't advise it until your system is functioning properly.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/177550/windows-cannot-finddriversserviceexe-error-message/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a Sony Vaio SVS 151 with 12gb of ram running Windows 8.1. The disk usage runs at 100% almost all the time, and as long as the disk usage is high the laptop is almost unusable it runs so slow. Most of the time it is Service Host: Local Service. I have read other threads and none of the suggestions have corrected this problem.

A:Service Host Local Service running at 100% Disk usage

Originally Posted by hudsonse

I have read other threads and none of the suggestions have corrected this problem.

Without knowing what suggestions you have already tried it will be difficult to offer any additional suggestions.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/62091-service-host-local-service-running-100-disk-usage.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Son in law just bought a new toshiba laptop, and he has gotten the error, not sure of code as he shut it off and rebooted and said that works... daughter and I think there is a serious problem... and computer should be returned, he said he had told her about the error and she said OK, but when I saw it tonight he said he had talked to his "tech" friends and they said it was OK .... I don't think that is right. maybe he was just trying to cover his *** as he is headed downrange for a month )army) and the laptop is his only form of contact with his family and entertainment and thought he would be without it if he had to return to factory...

any feedback would be appreciated, only saw last part of error code, saying operating system could not be located.

Thanks,
christine

A:new lap top computer gets start up error "can't find operating system"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-lap-top-computer-gets-start-up-error-cant-find-operating-system.598397/
Relevancy 57.19%

After using the Deep Clean option of the Advance SystemCare tool, a network pc on a domain will no longer automatically map any of shared drives. I have contacted the support for this tool and they have not replied back...that was 4 months ago. Thank goodness I have only used it on one pc.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to resolve allowing the login script to map drives? This pc a hp compaq dc7900 ultra-slim desktop, is using Windows XP SP3. I have read on the microsoft forums that this error could be the result of windows firewall blocking, but this feature is turned off and all exceptions are handled thru group policy.

thanks!

A:login script fails to map shared drives. System error 53 network path not found.

I think the issue could be that the machine does not have "Client for Microsoft Networks" installed on the Ethernet Card. This can be changed by right clicking on the Ethernet Adapter and making sure there is a tick next to this option. You might have to restart your machine for the login script to work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/login-script-fails-to-map-shared-drives-system-error-53-network-path-not-found.1051834/
Relevancy 57.19%

[size=3]Many times, when I try to open a program, I get the message that it experienced a problem and could not open. I check the technicle info, which always originates from Local System 32. If I either send report or not, the internet connection gets disconnected or computer shuts down. I use Adobe Reader 6.0 to read pdf files. If I download the newer version--7.0--it shuts down any time I try to open a pdf file with the error message. I have to uninstall the 7.0 and reinstall 6.0. Even stranger, my ISP is Roadrunner, and when there is a pdf file attachment, I will lose internet connection if I try to open---with error message. But if I forward the message to my Yahoo email account, and then open the pdf file-at yahoo location-Adobe reader 6.0 will open and let me read the pdf file attachment. This error message pops up many times in many programs--especially if I hit the help tab. Rickey

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43140/local-system-32-error/
Relevancy 56.76%

Running Windows on Lenovo G s with GB ram and GHz -core CPU For the past week or so I noticed that my laptop has been running slightly slower has gaps or pauses where no user input is accepted and my battery has not been lasting as long Today I CPU usage Local Host: highest has and service Service RAM looked at my task manager to kill a non-responsive app and Service Host: Local service has highest CPU and RAM usage noticed of my memory was in use and of my CPU was used up Turns out both the top spots are taken by quot Service Host Local Service quot which is using CPU and MB RAM I use this laptop every day for school where for about an hour I don't have access to a charger so I need to have as many high profile tasks killed as I can safely do so The processes running inside Local Service are DHCP ClientHomeGroup ProviderSecurity CenterTCP IP NetBIOS HelperWindows AudioWindows Connection ManagerWindows Event Log The high CPU usage gets worse when I don't have a separate mouse plugged in because my Touchpad drivers take up anywhere from - CPU which has been slowing me to a crawl Is there anything I can do to keep my computer running but with more available resources short of going out an buying more I have to be at school with this machine in hours

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/56987-service-host-local-service-has-highest-cpu-ram-usage.html
Relevancy 56.76%

So I've been having this problem for days now, two tasks named Service Host: Local Service(Network Restricted) and Service Host: Local Service(No Network) keep using up ALL of my cpu, theyre usually accompanied by any app I have open, so my task manager is basically like this for example:

Service Host: Local Service(Network Restricted) 40% cpu usage
Skype 29% cpu usage
Service Host: Local Service(No Network) 26% cpu usage

If I close skype, the usage goes down to 2 percent for a brief second and then any other app I have open launches up instead of skype and uses up all of my cpu.

I've tried several virus scans and I've done my best to clean up the system but I still have this problem, any solutions?

A:Service Host: Local Service very high cpu usage

You could start pinning down the problem by using Task Manger and look in the processes tab and scroll down to the Svchost using the CPU time. If you expand it, you can see what is running in that host. But I do not believe it will give you individual usage on each service.

If you open Resource Monitor (resmon in a run box) You can go to the CPU tab, check the CPU usage and find the svchost you want and put a check mark. It will then list the services running in that process in the Services window and how much the Average CPU time is being used. Get us a picture, or let us know what is causing the high usage.

Keep track of the PID (Process ID) number so you can confirm which svchost you are checking. Those numbers may be specific to just your system. There may be other pertinent info about the situation in some other windows also.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/46695-service-host-local-service-very-high-cpu-usage.html
Relevancy 56.76%

If after unchecking the hidden and system files and ext. files, these two files show up. Also RECYCLER. Are these legitimate windows XP (sp20 files?
Thanks for all your assistance.

A:Local Service and Network Service--are these legit"

YES - legit folders

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-service-and-network-service-are-these-legit.334408/
Relevancy 56.76%

One of our users has a spreadsheet that has hyperlinks in it. She recently opened it up and all the hyperlinks were changed from \\server\sharename\filename to c:\documents and settings\username\application data\Excel\...

what causes this to happen and how can we keep it from happening in the future?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-hyperlinks-change-to-local-path.626163/
Relevancy 56.33%

There is a red x on my speaker icon, when ticked it displays the message in the thread title. I still have all of my selected wav sounds, so what does the error mean and how can it be fixed?

All help will be appreciated.

Duchess

A:Audio Service is not running Error Message

Go to the run command line and type in services.msc the services management console will arrive. Look down the list and find that service, according to that message it should say, stopped.
Right click that line and select properties, you should get this.

You want to click the start button and then ensure the start up type is automatic, there is a n arrow at the end of the long bar, you can select the option you want, such as manual, automatic etc.
I would be happy if you tried this and let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/224127-audio-service-not-running-error-message.html
Relevancy 56.33%

A few days ago I had a windows update, and after it was done everything seemed fine. I muted my sound later on, and suddenly it wouldnt come back on. When I mouse over it, it says Audio Service is not running. After googling the problem I have done the following to try to fix it:
System recovery
Uninstall then Install AVG2015
Updated drivers
Disable then Enable the mmcss.dll file
Tried to start it via Run>Services>Windows Audio
Whenever I try to start it that way, I get Error 0x800706cc: the endpoint is a duplicate.
I really really dont know what else to do to fix it, and it's really getting to be upsetting. If anyone at all could help me out I'd be much appreciative.

A:Audio Service is not running; Error 0x800706cc

Welcome to the forum lxie!

Hopefully this will help; Windows Audio cant be started, error 1740 (0x800706cc: - Microsoft Community

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/63398-audio-service-not-running-error-0x800706cc.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a Samsung R509 Laptop.

Recently the Windows Audio service has stopped running and when clicking the audio icon a troubleshooting window just opens which says it cannot fix the problem.

I have tried several fixes such as the MSISERVER cmd fix, all to not avail.

When I go in to services and try and run either Windows Audio or Windows Audio End Point I get this error.

A:Windows 7 Professional 64 bit Audio Service Error

Hello alexfer and welcome to Seven Forums. Sorry you're having these issues.

You might want to read through this Microsoft article and follow the suggetions given.

No sound in Windows

Microsoft also has another article, "Tips for fixing common sound problems". There's a Fix it" button but use caution before using it. The article was originally prepared for Vista and should work for Windows 7 but I'd create a System Restore point just in case.

Tips for fixing common sound problems

System Restore Point - Create

System Restore

Some other things that could affect your audio include which antivirus you're using, any recent Windows Updates, and malware. You could also try running a full scan with Free Malwarebytes. It picks up things other products miss. Update the database before running.

Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a free download that removes viruses and malware from your computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/190628-windows-7-professional-64-bit-audio-service-error.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Fairly experienced with fixing computers, but this one has me stumped.

Windows 7 (64), fairly fresh installation after a reformat a month or two ago. Audio fails after a random interval of the computer being on. Service stops running, but Windows is often able to repair automatically, when it can't repair I get error 1079 telling me it can't start the service.

The computer has had issues in the past with not starting audio on boot up, fixed by a quick restart, but the audio failing altogether is a new issue.

So far I've tried a system restore and ensuring all of the relevant services are set to start automatically. Could this be a hardware issue? (motherboard audio)

Thanks in advance.

A:Audio service failing / Error 1079

Solved for now by transferring jack to headphone socket. Reinforces theory of Motherboard failure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-service-failing-error-1079.1104847/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I stupidly tried to use a program I didn't know much about to help Service 0x8007000e running" error Audio not "The msg + is with a problematic uninstall of 'WinZip' After running this program I restarted my Laptop Windows Vista SP only after restart all the security services had stopped no internet amp most annoyingly no audio I use this laptop primarily for making music The specific problem is "The Audio Service is not running" + error msg 0x8007000e when I go to 'services' and try to Start the 'Windows Audio' Service I get this exact message Windows could not start the Windows Audio service on Local Computer Error x e Not enough storage space is available to complete this operation I tried a boot in safe mode same issues I'd recently scanned for viruses malware no issues I can't do a System Restore when I "The Audio Service is not running" + error msg 0x8007000e try I get this message System restore does not appear to be functioning correctly on this system amp again I get the error messsage Error x e Not enough storage space is available to complete this operation I'm thinking I've wrecked my laptop for good so any help would be very much appreciated Thanks in advance Chris

A:"The Audio Service is not running" + error msg 0x8007000e

This issue appears to be fixed thanks to the mighty 'ComboFix' thanks;)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583204/the-audio-service-is-not-running-error-msg-0x8007000e/
Relevancy 56.33%

excel hyperlinks change to local path One of our offices has many spreadsheets that have hyperlinks to documents on the server. They recently noticed that some of the hyperlinks were changed from \\folder1\folder2\folder3\folder4\folder5\folder6\filename.xls to C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\filename.xls

Do you know what is causing this to happen? Also, will they all have to be manually fixed?

We are using Excel 2007 on Windows XP and some Windows 7 machines.

Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-hyperlinks-change-to-local-path-on-save.935389/
Relevancy 55.9%

i am running a windows 7 and my computer cannot play audio or play videos.there is a speakerphone in the bottom right of the screen that has a X over it.When i click it nothing happens.After a while then it opens and then freezes.Also when i open up services.msc and try to restart/stop "windows audio" It just says stopping and nothing is resolved.I tried restarting 10 times still does not work.A week before i had this problem and when i went to internet explore,videos and audio started working.Now this method does not work(i was using Google chrome.

If you need anymore info please ask

A:No audio is coming from computer because of service "windows audio"

There are many posts on here about this problem. Have you looked over those?

One thing, sadly in many cases it is a Windows OS problem and Windows reinstall is needed to fix it. But, look over the other posts and possible fixes. If none of these work, the last resort is to reinstall Windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/395064-no-audio-coming-computer-because-service-windows-audio.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello not Audio error 1067 Service will Windows start, This is my first time asking for help thank you for your time I have an Asus N JV laptop with windows It has been working great the last year but Windows Audio Service will not start, error 1067 after a recent windows update my audio completely stopped working After running the troubleshooter it stated the following One or more audio service isn't running Not fixed Both the Windows Audio and the Windows Audio End Point Builder services must be running for audio to work correctly Atleast one of these services isn't running After doing some research I was able to view the local services running on my laptop I found that Windows Audio Endpoint Builder is running but Windows Audio is not When trying to start Windows Audio I got the following messgae Windows could not start the Windows Audio service on Local Computer Error The process terminated unexpectedly How do I get my audio back I have Online Lectures I need to watch for school so any help would be great Thank you for your time jvelichk

A:Windows Audio Service will not start, error 1067

Do you have a System Restore point that is BEFORE the last update?

Sadly, you may have to do a reinstall or if you have a backup a restore from the backup. My Windows 8.1 was corrupted by the last update (my suspicion). Fortunately I had a recent full backup and restored from the backup.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/60868-windows-audio-service-will-not-start-error-1067-a.html