Windows Support Forum

Laptop Headphone output not working properly (Win7)

Q: Laptop Headphone output not working properly (Win7)

Hi I'm John and I'm having major problems here I have been using a laptop for awhile and it's been working great I not working properly Laptop Headphone (Win7) output have been using my pair of headphones for my laptop and they've been working great as well However after a bit I noticed that the audio was not working really good I thought it was the headphones until I tried more pairs they did the same thing The problem is that when I'm listening to a song one part of Laptop Headphone output not working properly (Win7) the audio I can hear clearly but the rest the majority of the song is either faint or muffled This happens when I put the headphone jack all the way in the output When I take it out some the majority of the song audio I can hear clearly but the other parts I can barely hear This really annoys me and it really bothers me Is their any professional or half-assed way to fix this My headphones were loud and clear before but now out of nowhere I can't hear of anything I listen to Can I get any help I'd appreciate it greatly This happened randomly and I'd like some answers I have good hopes in replies

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Laptop Headphone output not working properly (Win7)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Laptop Headphone output not working properly (Win7)

Have you tried messing around in there at all? It should recognize where your headphones are plugged in and give you options to control them. Are you plugging into the front panel or the rear panel for audio on the headphones? Have you tried both???

samsung galaxy s5 case

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/333887-laptop-headphone-output-not-working-properly-win7.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I bought headphones to hook into the headphone (mint green) output on my laptop running Windows XP SP3, but it dosent work. In the past when ever I'd plug headphones into the mint green on the laptop the audio playing would cease outputing via the imbedded laptop speakers and begin to play exclusively through the headphones. Now, however, the headphones don't receive audio when they're plugged in to the headphones jack and the laptop speakers continue to have the audio output as if no headphones were plugged in at all, when for example, I am playing an MP3 via Windows Media Player.

What's wrong here? What settings or hardware will I need to look at?
Thanks for the help

A:No headphone audio output in laptop, XP

It doesn't sound like a settings problem since the internal speakers are disconnected mechanically inside the jack when something is plugged in. Carefully compare the jacks that work on the speakers to the one that doesn't. Is it shorter at all, or are the insulators on the jack perfectly aligned?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-headphone-audio-output-in-laptop-xp.758212/
Relevancy 76.97%

About a couple months ago, I had to bring it to work. I supervised the use of this machine and everything was going fine. I brought it back home later to find out that when I plugged my headphones into the jack, it only gave me the sound in the LEFT ear. I thought it might have been my headphones but that's not the case. Anyway that I could fix it manually by myself OR will I have to replace something within the machine?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/headphone-jack-not-working-properly.1085044/
Relevancy 76.97%

I have an HP not Headphone properly working Jack Pavillion laptop using Realtek HD Audio drivers the laptop picks up that something has been plugged into the mm Jack on the side Single mm Jack designed for mic in headphone out combined but it doesn't seem to send the audio through If I do a test in playback devices it shows the green bars fluctuating as if it is playing sound but no sound is actually played through I have Headphone Jack not working properly tried several sets of headphones all of which work on my desktop and iPod but non work on Headphone Jack not working properly this piece of bleep HP laptop which also has Wireless connectivity issues and is supposed to be brand new it was just replaced due to the screen failing You guys got an amazing solution to this or do I just return it and blacklist HP for life given the fact that you can't seem to keep ontop of simple things like mm jack to send an electrical signal that is output as an audible sound

A:Headphone Jack not working properly

Hi Kurtf2014, Welcome to the HP Support Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I will be happy to assist you with the problem with the audio jack. I am assuming that without the headphones the audio is working correctly. Try going in your Sound and setting the headphones as the default audio device. This third-party link will show you how to do that. Give that a try and let me know how it goes. If you are still having problems please reply back with your product number and operating system. Thank you,

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Headphone-Jack-not-working-properly/td-p/4200770
Relevancy 76.97%

I recently got a pair of new headphones Eager to try them out I plug them into my laptop audio jack They worked perfectly with no problems and they sounded great Only a few hours later I decide to use them on my lappy again and the audio was only coming out of working Jack properly Headphone not the left headphone speaker This irritated me and I instantly thought that the headphones were Headphone Jack not working properly faulty I plug them into my ipod and notice the headphones are Headphone Jack not working properly working fine This leads me to think that it is something wrong with my laptop I plug in a different pair of earphones into the jack and again the left side only works I am confused as to whether it is my settings or my headphone jack but I m more inclined to think that it is my headphone jack which is the problem Is there anyone who has had a similar problem or anyone who may have an idea as to how to fix this Thanks Nick nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

Last month while walking i was listening songs and suddenly song stopped playing...i thought that my earphone was damaged so i switched to my headphones coloud boom when i returned to home...and yes they were working properly...but about from last week i'm suffering from weird problem... Songs were stopped if i slightly touch to upper part of male connector of jack(coloud boom) and then i have to remove jack and then reconnect it... today i got that my earphone and headphone are in good condition as i tried them on my laptop they are working very well...
So my question is what should i do to repair my phone's jack...should i give it to service center(as i bought it last year on 14th december so phone is under the warranty period) or should i try something at home?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/444841-lumia-950s-headphone-jack-not-working-properly.html
Relevancy 75.25%

My headphone jack seems to be not working. The output sound is always too thin. I have tried both mono and stereo headsets and they all seem to be yielding the same result but always seem to work properly when connected to a different audio device. I have done a windows update and also have the dell update tool but nothing seems to be helping. Please help. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19988980
Relevancy 75.25%

My headphone jack seems to be not working. The output sound is always too thin. I have tried both mono and stereo headsets and they all seem to be yielding the same result but always seem to work properly when connected to a different audio device. I have done a windows update and also have the dell update tool but nothing seems to be helping. Please help. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/19988980
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi , i have been using Windows 7 RC for awhile now .I have the coaxial spdif output on my Gigabyte Ep 45-ds3r board connected to my home theartre amp.Have been getting 5.1 sound with no problems.I recently installed Windows 7 enterprise edition to my pc and now only have 2.1 sound.Have tried the latest drivers from Realtek and Gigabyte which make no difference.I tried the driver on the motherboard disc and the previous driver i had installed, still no good.The mb uses the Realtek alc 889a codec.Any help would be much appreciated

A:spdif output not working properly

Quote: Originally Posted by mrplane

Hi , i have been using Windows 7 RC for awhile now .I have the coaxial spdif output on my Gigabyte Ep 45-ds3r board connected to my home theartre amp.Have been getting 5.1 sound with no problems.I recently installed Windows 7 enterprise edition to my pc and now only have 2.1 sound.Have tried the latest drivers from Realtek and Gigabyte which make no difference.I tried the driver on the motherboard disc and the previous driver i had installed, still no good.The mb uses the Realtek alc 889a codec.Any help would be much appreciated

My issue is similar, except that I have W7 installed is on a brand new 64-bit machine. The HDMI output form the GIGABYTE | GV-R467ZL-1GI card works fine, but the SPDIF output from the ASUS P5Q PRO TURBO does not work. ASUS says there are no BIOS setting to change. Also, an external DVD drive plugged into the same SPDIF slot in my Amplifier works, while the optical output from the board does not. The SPDIF device shows as an option under Playback Devices, but when enabled, there is no sound.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/25987-spdif-output-not-working-properly.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Problem:
My laptop with OS Windows 8 will become no sound frequently. I try to find out the cause, and discover that the device is being used by another application, but I can't find any application using it, here is the screenshot:

Under this situation, when I open Window Media Player, this problem will occur:
I am sure that my sound drivers are working properly:

When I use Windows Troubleshooting function, here is what I discovered (Ignore the Bluetooth):

I am not sure about what is "Hardware changes might not have been detected", but after running Troubleshooting, my laptop have sound back, however, after about 30 minutes, my laptop will become no sound again, and I need to run Troubleshooting again and again to solve the problem. Does anyone know how to solve the problem completely so that I do not need to run Troubleshooting again and again?

A:Driver working properly but there is no sound output

One thing worth a try is boot in safe mode, then delete the device from Device Manager. Reboot normally. Windows should reinstall the driver. It seems to work more than half the time.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/50379-driver-working-properly-but-there-no-sound-output.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi,

I have a dual boot of Fedora and Windows, and when I boot into Fedora, my headphones work fine. When I boot into Windows 7 64bit, my headphones don't work. My laptop speakers work fine however, and I tried re-installing drivers. I made sure that my headphones are the default playback device, and I only have one headphone jack.

Other people who had this issue solved it by replacing their audio jack, but for me that is not a problem because the audio jack works fine when I boot into Fedora.

Please help!

Janac

A:Laptop speakers working, but headphone jack not working only on Window

Normally, the "Speakers" (PC sound) is set as the Default Playback device and not Headphones. In fact, newer RealTek sound systems do not even show the Headphones when plugged in.

Are you using the correct sound drivers? Not the generic Windows installed High Definition Audio Codec.

What all is listed in the Device Manager, Sound section?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/362649-laptop-speakers-working-but-headphone-jack-not-working-only-window.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Have been having this problem for a while now Laptop Working on Powered Off is Headphone Laptop Jack Until Stops Every so often the headhphone jack on my laptop just stops working after hours and hours of the laptop being on The built-in speakers Headphone Jack on Laptop Stops Working Until Laptop is Powered Off of the laptop work fine What happens is that while the Headphone Jack on Laptop Stops Working Until Laptop is Powered Off computer is in use after some random amount of time any hardware plugged into the headphone jack of the laptop will not playback Headphone Jack on Laptop Stops Working Until Laptop is Powered Off sound This includes headphones speakers and the like The sound device manager in control panel shows sound being output and if the headphones speakers are disconnected the audio plays fine on the built-in speakers on the laptop I haven't been able to figure out what exactly causes this problem I have tried resinstalling the driver several times I am sure it isn't the headphones of the speakers that I use as I use these speakers and headphones on many other devices phone tablet etc The only way that this issue gets fixed is if the computer is shut down and then rebooted a restart doesn't work the computer has to literally lose power for the problem to be fixed It seems very intermittent and I'm not sure how to approach this problem Any ideas

A:Headphone Jack on Laptop Stops Working Until Laptop is Powered Off

One idea would be a look the power plan in use. If you are running with the default Balanced power plan you may be seeing that nterfere by conserving battery power temporarily turning the audio off being a constant drain. Another thought could be a result of the onboard audio chip itself getting too warm where the hardware protection circuit will then come in and deactivate all sound. That is usually seen as far as the cpu temp as well as other major components. The audio being onboard would also be monitored by the bios not so much by Windows.

The other possible cause of losing sound would be the headphone jack or the board end having a cold solder point getting warm and expanding just enough to break the connection until cooled off. The complete shutdown of power would tend to suggest a temp or regulation issue where either the power plan or temp monitoring would have to be watched. And one more thing would be setting the laptop on a fan cooled stand or effective notebook cooling pad to draw heat away from the unit if you are not already using one. Laptops are known to get quite warm with extended use since everything is packed into a tight space with the typical serious lack of air flow unlike the usual desktop with front, rear, and side or top case fans in use if not water cooled.

You have some things to consider in the list of things there. Increased overall cooling, not planning to use the laptop for extended periods of time which can allow for something to overheat if that is the case., changing the power plan to Performance if still set to the default Balanced might help. As for anything internal as far as a loose contact or cold solder point that would require a look once confirmed however by the factory or authorized service center/dealer where you could bring it in direct for examination.

The shutdown and restart could also be indication that the driver for the onboard is going to sleep on you or otherwise made inactive at random intervals and the fresh power up serves to refresh the driver as Windows loads it fresh all over again. Run into that one here at times but on a desktop machine.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/42519-headphone-jack-laptop-stops-working-until-laptop-powered-off.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Okay i had this virus that even my mum couldnt working Both (headphone mic)not jacks laptop and :( get of she is the ict manager and finance instructer of the company she works for so i took it to the shop to get it fixed soo while i was there i thought hmmm why not get vista because i asked my mum like months earlyer if i could get it and she advised against it becuase it wasnt stable yet or something but i asked her recently and she said it should be okay now anyway i got vista on it and when i got home to go on it i put my headphones in and the sound carried on coming out of the speakers S so i treid all the headphones i owned and Both laptop jacks (headphone and mic)not working :( they didnt work so i tried to plug in a mic and the laptop Both laptop jacks (headphone and mic)not working :( ignored it also S so i dont realy know what to do i looked for updates and downloaded a few driver search things and one of them made my sound go of all-together saying i had no sound or recording devices so i system restored and got my sound back to were it was in the first place my laptop is Toshiba Satellite L if that Both laptop jacks (headphone and mic)not working :( helps Any help will be greatly apreciated thanks edit also in sound control panel when i press preview it works S

A:Both laptop jacks (headphone and mic)not working :(

Originally Posted by RhysRadar

Okay, i had this virus that even my mum couldnt get of (she is the ict manager and finance instructer of the company she works for) so i took it to the shop to get it fixed soo while i was there i thought hmmm why not get vista ? because i asked my mum like 6 months earlyer if i could get it and she advised against it becuase it wasnt stable yet or something but i asked her recently and she said it should be okay now ... anyway i got vista on it and when i got home to go on it i put my headphones in and the sound carried on coming out of the speakers :S so i treid all the headphones i owned and they didnt work so i tried to plug in a mic and the laptop ignored it also :S so i dont realy know what to do.. i looked for updates and downloaded a few driver search things and one of them made my sound go of all-together saying i had no sound or recording devices so i system restored and got my sound back to were it was in the first place.
my laptop is Toshiba Satellite L310 (if that helps)

Any help will be greatly apreciated

thanks

edit: also in sound control panel when i press preview it works :S

Hi Rhys, Welcome to the forum.

Click on Start, type sound into Start Search, Click on Sound.
Under the Playback tab make sure that Headset is shown and enabled (right click)
If it is not shown highlight any of the devices right cklick and select show disabled devices
Click on the Recording tab and do the same for your microphone

I hope this helps

Pooch

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/223003-both-laptop-jacks-headphone-mic-not-working.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Whenever an autoplay window opens up it closes right out, i can not even get the autplay configuration menu to stay open under control panel.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win7-64bit-autoplay-not-working-properly.970486/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello!
I sincerely hope that you will answer on my question.
My team is developing a proxy server. One of the tasks is to add support for SharePoint2010.
Recently I have met an issue when a user can?t save a newly created document directly to server. This issue seems to happen only on Win7 while accessing SharePoint through any proxy.

I assume that there must be some specific support for WebDAv on my proxy. So the question is:
What happened to WebDAV on Win7 and what changes do I have to implement in my proxy server in order to satisfy WebDAV client

Regards,
Oleh

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/webdav-is-not-working-properly-through-proxy-on-win7-583821.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,

I have an Hp625 running Windows 7 Basic 32 bit - I can play music through my laptops built in speakers without any problems, but when I plug headphones (or external computer speakers) into the headphone jack no sound comes through them (and simultaneously the laptop speakers go mute). My computer is dual boot with ubuntu, and this problem appeared when I upgraded my Ubuntu version - still, I know that the jack works as it is working fine in Ubuntu, and Im sure the problem is fixable within windows!

I have tried for HOURS to fix this problem, and attempted everything obvious, plus read many threads on similar topics. Please help. My computer is using the IDT audio control panel, and according to windows everything us up to date and fine. BUT ITS NOT PLEASE HELP.

Best
Ryan

A:My laptop speakers are working fine, but the headphone jack is not!

Are you experiencing the problem in windows or in ubuntu? Have you installed the sound driver for ubuntu when you upgraded your version of ubuntu. Have you updated the sound driver for windows?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/237684-my-laptop-speakers-working-fine-but-headphone-jack-not.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello I recently purchased a new not working Adapters properly Wireless Win7/Linksys computer and with it a linksys AE wireless adapter I would love to have a wired set up but that Wireless Adapters not working properly Win7/Linksys is not feasible with the current layout of things in my living arrangement Everytime I do any internet related action my ping spikes from around to and the spiking is not temporary it lasts for Wireless Adapters not working properly Win7/Linksys long periods of time and seems to be triggered by things such as watching a video on Youtube or downloading a small file such as winzip Also the connection seems to time out every so often Currently I am trying to download the new Batman game and I am witnessing virtually no progress since the download speed builds itself up to around and then quickly diminishes back to around My router is brand new as well and everything on the wired computer is working fine it doesn't experience any spikes or internet issues that this computer does I am running Windows bit and I will list my specs below I would greatly appreciate any help as this is a frustrating matter Also when my computer boots up it connects me to two instances on the same wireless network and I usually have to disconnect from one or the problems will be even worse I believe this may be due to the preexisting wireless adapter in the system Intel Core i - K Processor x GHz MB L Cache GB GB X DDR - Memory Module - Corsair or Major BrandNVIDIA GeForce GTX - GB - Single Card Gigabyte GA-Z AP-D Watt -- Standard GB ADATA S SSD - Single Drive TB HARD DRIVE -- M Cache RPM Gb s - Single DriveOnboard LAN Network Gb or Microsoft Windows Home Premium Office Starter Includes basic versions of Word and Excel - -Bit LINKSYS AE n Dual-Band Wireless USB Adapter I am not very knowledgeable about computers so if anyone is willing to help it would be greatly appreciated I have looked through many topics but haven't found a solution if there is another topic just like this with a solution I apologize for duplicating - John

A:Wireless Adapters not working properly Win7/Linksys

Hello jw, and welcome to Sevenforums!

If you can download something (perhaps from another computer), click here to download the latest driver and save it to your system. There is something I noticed, there is no separate driver lists for x64 and x86. Its last update was the start of '10. It may just be an incompatible device. If you can, see if another device works on the computer. Go through your control panel programs and uninstall everything that has to do with wireless, such as the wireless adapter software. Then install the new adapter and see if that does anything. If not -

Follow this tutorial: Internet Troubleshooting Guide

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/211150-wireless-adapters-not-working-properly-win7-linksys.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi only joined a week ago not really into computers that much but being a bit silly got one Win7 not properly Timeline working Aspire Acer second hand it does work but I have had a few problems the windows update didn't work but went onto Microsoft site and sorted that there were a few other things that needed to be looked at but the main Acer Aspire Timeline Win7 not working properly thing that's come upis i wanted to get windows live up amp working because I use Gmail and for some reson when I logged on it came up page not found most of the time however the windows live will not or cant send or receive email Acer Aspire Timeline Win7 not working properly no matter what is done so I Acer Aspire Timeline Win7 not working properly got a scan done by Microsoft amp it came back with a lot of things that are not up to date or not set right the list is fairly long So in my mind I wonder if the best way to resolve thease and any other unkown problems would be to look at having the old completely removed amp a new windows installed as I don't really know what or whatnot has been done on this laptop Any help thoughts ideas would be welcome Dont buy second hand already learnt Cheers Goldman ITs An Acer Aspire Timeline X T

A:Acer Aspire Timeline Win7 not working properly

You can use Recovery to restore the computer to it's Factory New state.

Users Guide is here: http://global-download.acer.com/GDFi...C=ACER&SC=PA_6

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/323903-acer-aspire-timeline-win7-not-working-properly.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a SOUND BLASTER X-FI which has been working properly for about a year since I installed it.
With no warning, I have lost all sound to the device - it neither plays sound or picks it up.
The motherboard sound is still working fine, so its not a huge issue, but it would b e nice to get my sound card back up.

(More recently one of DVD players stopped being detected as well - just adding that in case it's related)

I'm using a machine with an i7 quad core - window 7 64 bitinstalled

The hardware properties says it working properly, yet it fails any of the tests I use.
When I try to launch the applications that came with it (e.g. Creative Start) it says the hardware device associated is not installed - but in device manager it says it is there, which is confusing.

Any thoughts?

A:Solved: Sound Blaster X-FI "working properly" yet no input or output

"Device Manager" is a misleading name as it's really a "Driver Manager" in that it gets all it's info from the driver, and provided it's the correct driver, DM will tell you it's working okay even when the actual hardware has become faulty or even died altogether. So you must not always believe what DM tells you in regard to the actual state of the hardware, specially when other testing utilities tell you otherwise.

My guess is you're X-Fi has bitten the dust, just not in a way that DM is able to sense.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sound-blaster-x-fi-working-properly-yet-no-input-or-output.1016888/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello!

This is my first time using windows again after a 3 year hiatus. I bought a computer and I'm relying more on software that only run in Win7.

I have an HP 2175 All-in-One printer and I've lost the installation cd. I followed the instructions as provided by the support pages directly from HP. Few things happened. First, most of the features of the printer were not working, such as one-touch scanning. If I'd select print landscape, the document would come out portrait. I tried uninstalling, and doing a fresh install, and I've been getting under the control panel device list multiple copies of the HP2175 printer (Copy 1... copy 2.... etc).

I'd like to know, how do I remove the drivers fully, and try a completely new install again, how do I get all the features to work, and how do I get rid of the extra copies of the device?

Much appreciated for the help!

A:HP 2175 printer not working properly Win7 x64 Home Premium

Remove it using the control panel, un-install software, then check your registry for any left over strings. WARNING!!! - editing the registry can destroy your system if your not careful of what your doing. Make a backup before attempting to edit the registry. Once that is done, re-download software and driver from HP, heres the link. Then just follow on-screen prompts. Do not plug in usb cable until installation tells you to.

HP PSC 2170 All-in-One Printer series*-* Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/188429-hp-2175-printer-not-working-properly-win7-x64-home-premium.html
Relevancy 63.64%

i m not getting any headphone output at headphone no output all on my laptop no idea why i haven t changed any software or hardware between the time it no headphone output worked and stopped working it s a possibility of physical damage seeing as how i carry it in my bag all day but i m pretty careful any idea no headphone output if it s software or hardware related no headphone output should i just make good on the warranty comp specs Dell Inspiron E WinXP Home SP GHz Core Duo GB DDR RAM i m sure vid card and hard drive don t matter too much with this and i have no idea what my audio device is i would imagine it s on the motherboard i have an external audio device that connects with a firewire so i ll make sure that works for the hell of it once i get back to my dorm around pm EST gt lt all other peripherals work nominally much thanks nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

Hi all
I have a Sony Vaio VPCEB4E4E. Just re installed windows and now I have no sound output through headphone jack. Installed the Realtek HD Audio driver from the sony website. Pretty sure this is not a hardware issue. Any help would be appreciated

Relevancy 62.78%

Hello, Im using a HP Envy 15-j024sa The sound coming through my headphones is extremely loud, abnormally loud. I believe that the power output coming  through the headphone jack is what should be going through the onboard speakers and vice versa, did someone get their wires crossed? =/

A:Headphone output WAY too loud.

Hi Kezza_Duggit. Good headphones will typically be louder than notebook speakers. My best suggestion is to adjust the volume, and make sure the loudness enhancement is disabled. Take a look at these instructions for Windows 7 (pretty much the same in Windows 8) to find "Disable all enhancements" here:  How To Disable Audio Enhancements in Windows 7 I hope this helps.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Headphone-output-WAY-too-loud/td-p/3947656
Relevancy 62.78%

I have been having a problem with line noise when I connect the headphone output from my laptop to my pa. I have read lots of post and most did not answer the problem. I found the solution. Use a three prong to two prong adaptor on your laptop electrical plug where it plugs into the electrical receptical on your wall or electrical outlet. They cost about $2.00 at any hardware store. Using the adaptor will eliminate the large center ground. I do not believe it will damage the laptop doing this. The plug into the laptop is only two wires, the third grounding wire is for the transformer only. It is the same kind of problem when you have a pa system and a ground loop. It is sometimes necessary to remove the shielding ground on microphone cables.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/noise-on-headphone-output.784648/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi guys quick question,

I was thinking about buying a pair of MM-1s http://www.amazon.com/Bowers-Wilkins-Active-Multimedia-Speakers/dp/B003R6U6HG, but as you probably already know they are a 2.0 set.
As a result, they lack a subwoofer for the "boom!"

Also, currently I have a set of x540 logitech which sounds alright, but I really need something better. So the real question here is am I able to run the digital output out of both my headphone jacks, where the x540 receives sound as well as usb where the MM-1s recieve audio. This way a ghetto 7.1 setup could be made!

Relevancy 61.92%

There is a hissing, fuzzy, distorted, static noise when I connect any headphones to the front headphone jack even before any audio is playing and as soon as the volume is above 0. The problem goes right away as soon as I connect the headphones to the back auxilary output instead and the sound is crisp and clean. I have had the issue with older HP desktop pc's too, but had hoped it was a thing of the past. Is there any way I can make this noise go away without risk of losing my warranty? I need to use the front output since my headphones will not reach the back when I am wearing them in my chair. I apologize for submitting this under 'notebook audio'. Should obviously have been 'desktop audio'. Please reply to this thread instead: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Distorted-noise-from-front-headphone-output/m-p/5582264

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Front-headphone-output-distorted/td-p/5582261
Relevancy 61.92%

Having a problem tonight with the audio for my L Worked fine yesterday nbsp Built in speakers speaker No L540: 3.5mm audio output. headphone from hp work normally However when trying to use headphones ear buds etc in L540: No audio from 3.5mm headphone output. the mm headphone mic jack on the side no sound is played through the headset The computer driver recognizes that there is a device plugged into the jack displays RealtekHD Audio nd Output in sound volume button on the taskbar however still no sound nbsp nbsp I've checked everywhere I can think volume mixer device properties driver properties apps nbsp and it isn't muted anywhere In the properties it say the device is enabled is working however when you test sound nothing plays While the built in speakers are selected the test sound works nbsp nbsp I have updated the driver rolled it back unistalled and reinstalled the software from lenovo website and the problem persists nbsp nbsp Thinking it is a power or physical issue with the port I tested the microphone feature in the same port The microphone works picks up sound and records So there is power to and from the port That has left me scratching my head and searching for any solutions I have gone into all of the programs apps and games i used and checked the audio settings nothing is muted or off nbsp nbsp Has anyone experienced this issue Better yet has anyone fixed or have any ideas how to resolve My intuition tells me there is somewhere im not looking that holds the answer nbsp Thanks in advance guys Solved Go to Solution

A:L540: No audio from 3.5mm headphone output.

1. Open the Control Panel and look for Realtek HD Audio's control panel.2. At the right top of the window you should see one or more plugs. Then plug in and unplug your headphones, see if the headphones are detected there.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-L-R-and-SL-series/L540-No-audio-from-3-5mm-headphone-output/td-p/2085815
Relevancy 61.92%

Speaker audio works fine. Headphones do not recieve any audio signal. Speakers do not play when headphones are plugged in, as they should.  I could not find an official troubleshooting page for this problem on Windows 10. 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:No audio output from headphone jack

Tried some troubleshooting from another thread, and a hard reset seemed to have done the trick

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/No-audio-output-from-headphone-jack/td-p/5583355
Relevancy 61.92%

I have this flat screen tv that I bought not too long ago. I would like to connect headphones to this tv to watch regular television but there is one big problem. It does not have a headphone jack nor audio rca(red/white) outputs. This pretty strange since this is a fairy new tv. Is there any way I can connect headphones to this tv? Would I need any adapters like somehow converting one of the audio rca inputs to an output so I can use this cable:

http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Go-Ste...1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1300791833&sr=1-1
Any suggestions would much be appreciated

A:Tv with no Headphone And audio output jack

Y-shaped giszmo which has a male rca connectors
at one end, and a female audio jack at the other could really help the cause you are right

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tv-with-no-headphone-and-audio-output-jack.987324/
Relevancy 61.92%

For some reason, when I tried to connect my laptop to my HDTV with the HDMI cable today, it did not work. Normally, as soon as I plug the cable into my laptop, my display immediately switches to the TV, but now my computer is not even detecting an additional display, or the HDMI plug. It was even working fine yesterday, but today, nothing. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the graphics processor, setting the computer to second screen only, using a different cable, different TV port, all the usual stuff, but for some reason my laptop just will not detect the HDMI cable.

Here's the basic information for my computer:

The computer is an HP Pavilion g6 laptop. Thanks!

A:Laptop HDMI Output Not Working

Test with a different monitor/TV. That will determine if its a PC or TV issue.

This is typically the result of a faulty port.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-hdmi-output-not-working.1117178/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi sb no audigy creative on headphone output card put together a new build tyan s e mobo amd operon chips win xp kubuntu dual boot in xp card is detected in device manager drivers are at most current version according to device manager everything is fine ran the creative diagnostic utilities according to that everything is no headphone output on creative audigy sb card fine Went through the windows troubleshooting guide didn t help went through the creative manual made sure connections were good still the same problem looked at all the system vol settings they were all good no quot mute all quot selected or anything like that card is selected and enabled it s pci slot is listed in device manager I changed the bios setting no headphone output on creative audigy sb card so that the os handles all the plug and play stuff I didn t see any other audio settings in bios and I looked through the mobo manual and didn t see any onboard audio to disable In kubuntu I in system settings sound system the hard ware was listed as auto detect didn t see the hardware in the drop down tried two sets of headphones in all the jacks I m new to kubuntu used to gnome so the troubleshooting I did in xp was a lot more extensive but it feels like that card should have no problem running with xp and it appears the system thinks it works I haven t tried attaching speakers to the card and seeing if I get audio from there I tried all the jacks on the card itself the audio isn t hooked up on the case I m wondering if that s the problem maybe the d a conversion needs to happen in the speakers I need new speakers anyway so I may try that Any ideas bp nbsp

A:no headphone output on creative audigy sb card

an addendum;

A friend pointed out that there is an aux input on the card it self (middle picture, upper right), but I don't see any thing on the drive

I don't believe my mobo has onboard audio, but I'll look again.

I'm wondering if there are good speakers that handle the d/a conversion, may try that.

I figure this is such a ubiquitous card, it can't be a hardware issue.
bp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-headphone-output-on-creative-audigy-sb-card.751761/
Relevancy 61.49%

I (manually) defragmented my C:\ drive, and now the headphone jack doesn't work. When I plug in headphones, I just hear a constant static buzz and no audio. I've tried this with 2 separate pairs, both of which worked just fine on this computer before the defrag, and I've also confirmed that they work on other devices.

Apparently the drive is set for automatic defrag once a week, and apparently it did an automatic defrag 3 days ago with no issues. It's the manual defrag that seems to have messed up the jack. As far as I can tell, though, the defrag didn't cause any other problems.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

A:Headphone output messed up after disk defrag

Well I don't know if I can help you or not because a defrag should not and I don't believe can interfere with your head phones.
Filling in your system specs completely would help others help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/292254-headphone-output-messed-up-after-disk-defrag.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I've used a headphone/mike combo that came with my Dragon software and has an input and an output jack with my HP Pavilion laptop and the microphone jack works just fine and Dragon types out the words I say just fine, but.... when I try to use this mike headset in Windows Movie Maker to record my narration and my video at the same time, the mike doesn't work and there is no sound at all in the video. I also tried using the mike directly with the camera in record mode, but it still doesn't record a sound. Movie maker has a better picture so Iprefer to use it, but what kind of mike will give me the input I need. Hope it 's cheap - can't afford much.  Wish I could get my headphones to work - works well in Dragon.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/I-ve-used-headphone-mike-combo-with-input-amp-output-in-my/td-p/5729083
Relevancy 61.49%

Recently a part of my headphone jack got stuck in the plug and so I can't use that plug anymore. I am using the audio plug in the back of my computer now but it's definitely made for a different form of audio like speakers. I'm wondering if there's any way I can program this plug into outputting the same kind of audio the front plug would. Thanks.

A:Change audio output to headphone setting

It sounds like you're using the "line out" jack, and I don't know of anyway to use software to convert it to standard audio.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/288668/change-audio-output-to-headphone-setting/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a problem with dts sound, it randomly switches between headset and speakers output and when it is on speaksers output the sound quality is terrible. when i disbable dts sound i have no problems but then is the sound quality not that great.

A:DTS sound doesnt find my headphone output

Hi

The DTS Studio Sound improves the sound quality (if its enabled)

You can set this sound improvement for ?internal speaker?, external 1 (headphones) or external 2 (external speakers if connected)

For each of the three modes you can configure the surround sound, volume max as well as the bass boost.

So depending on the sound output device you are currently using, you should choose the right DTS Studio Sound output mode.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?81014-DTS-sound-doesnt-find-my-headphone-output
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi there,

I have an Asus G 50vt, a few days ago I had it hooked up to a stereo system and tripped on the wire connected to the Audio jack. The Headphone jack now has half of the head stuck inside and I was unable to remove it.

I am wondering if there is a way to reassign the headphone output to the Line in or Mic in jacks?
[/B]
Any help would be appreciated

A:Changing Audio Jack output (from headphone to Mic in/line in)

I know you can do that, I have seen it with some creative programs, im not too sure if your asus will do that, but I think the easiest option is to get that headphone jack out. you'd be surprised how easy it can be once you open your laptop up. another option (i would think - but try last) would be to get some super glue (only a little bit) and try to stick something to that headphone output to pull it out. - i was about to suggest soldering something, but dont worry about that, small amount of superglue might be the way to go alternatively buying an external sound card might be an option $20US

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/261204-changing-audio-jack-output-headphone-mic-line.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hey TSG I wanted to post this question in the Hardware section but it was related to my recent upgrade to Windows so I decided to post it here So it has been about a month since I got my Vista home bit upgraded to W home bit using not fan working properly Laptop the upgrade CD sent buy the Gateway Free W offer It works really well and I got some ups and downs in fps in various games But the most annoying thing that went wrong is that my laptop starts heating too quickly and the games start to lag The fan used to work perfectly before in Vista Laptop fan not working properly but now I hardly hear it giving gushing sound as it cools down the lappy I thought that the problem might be with the bios not being fully compatible with W so I checked Gateway s website for W drivers for my laptop And sure enough there was one but it wouldn t install and give me this weird error Gateway support was no help but in the forums I found a huge thread containing all the drivers for the P series laptops but fixed and edited by this high tech guy so they would install properly And I found the latest bios driver for my laptop in there edited by him he stated that he added some extra files which were missing in the original package and it actually installed perfectly on my laptop But after my rd day living with this update I regret it My laptop overheats way too fast now and I can hardly play anything for more than an hour used to play perfectly before for about - hours before overheating before the bios update and never overheated in Vista before So now I am wondering if you guyz can help me rollback my bios update because I think that messed things even more up overheating ofcourse and if maybe there is a fix for my fan problem because I hardly hear the fan moving and cooling anymore Here are my computer specs Computer full name Gateway FX P- h Manufacturer Gateway Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build win rtm - Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU P GHz CPUs GHz Memory Samsung GB DDR RAM Hard Drive GB Video Card NVIDIA GeForce M GTS GB DDR Sound Card Speakers Conexant High Definition SmartAudio Motherboard Gateway IMV PS The bios update I wanted to download from the drivers for m y comp was P BIOS IMV C x but I got it in rar format the guy packed it with winrar and it was called C Working rar here is the link to that forum page first post http forum notebookreview com showthread php t amp page Thanks for your time hopefully you will be able to help me For further info just ask me nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

My Tosiba Sattelite doesnt want to read my xp cd, nor will it activate a boot disk. it always says "missing operating system". i used dban and after it deleted everything off my hdd, it someow ended up with windows 98? now it is having this problem. i tried to uninstall windows 98 but it wont work. i dont have the money for a new hdd, what should i do?

Relevancy 60.2%

I just purchased a R headphone/speaker audio output port to mutes Using HDMI Special Edition I placed the laptop in a desktop situation use ext keyboard mouse HD x monitor Obviously I Using HDMI port mutes audio to headphone/speaker output want to use the HDMI nbsp output nbsp to link to the HD monitor like I have done for many years with my XPS laptop with HD HDMI output I was surprised to see that when the HDMI out put is used the audio to the speaker headphone nbsp jack nbsp is muted I have searched through Using HDMI port mutes audio to headphone/speaker output all the on-board nbsp menus but cannot find a setting to allow audio to continue being nbsp outputted nbsp while the HDMI jack is in use nbsp Am I missing something here I assumed this laptop would operate the same as the XPS in applications where the nbsp operator nbsp is using an HD monitor in a nbsp desktop nbsp situation no built in monitor speakers or a situation where you desire to feed your own audio system nbsp directly nbsp from the Laptop BTW I also own a DELL ZINO HD desktop with HDMI output which does not behave the same way the R does That system isalso hooked Using HDMI port mutes audio to headphone/speaker output vis HDMI to an HD monitor with no muting of the local sound Am I the only one who as had thisd prob Any assistance would be appreciated Thanks Paul ---

A:Using HDMI port mutes audio to headphone/speaker output

Hi,
Welcome to the community
What operating system are you using? Can you plug in the HDMI cable, then check with Control Panel > Sounds then see the list of sound devices. Right click which device you want to set as default for Audio Output.
Let me know if this helps. Regards,

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19502093
Relevancy 59.77%

the two speakers have spoilt, though working but they have burst so i need to replace them but when I plug in my headphones into my laptop, the video I was trying to watch still is playing through the main speakers. I tried multiple pairs of headphones and it still didn't work. it just keeps playing even though I have headphones plugged in unless i go through control panel sound settings and make headphone default. Any suggestions?
Note: i dont knw the sound card on my Toshiba Equium A300D-16C

A:headphone jack not functioning properly

Hi,

The way you control sound is by making them the default & keep it that way until you need to change it back to speakers. OK?

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/294220-headphone-jack-not-functioning-properly.html
Relevancy 59.34%

My laptop HP 450 g3. Its brand new and only 5 days before i bought it. When i turn it on, it states the fan is not working correctly, then shuts down after 15 seconds or continues to windows if you press enter. Now what should i do ? Please help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Laptop-cooling-fan-not-working-properly/td-p/5826680
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello there, My laptop sound somehow stopped working. It doesnt work even after I reboot the laptop, but if I leave a video playing, of course without sound then close my laptop lid. When I open the lid again the computer would have sound again. If I reboot my laptop again the sound would be gone once again. Plz help me   Thank you!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Laptop-sound-is-not-working-properly/td-p/5849256
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello, I just purchased my new laptop today and am having issues with the keyboard.  The keyboard will not keep up with my typing and misses many letters.  There is not only a delay, but many keys are missed. Should I return and exchange it for another model?  Have you had previous issues with this model?  If theres no easy solution, I will exchange for something else. Thank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Keyboard-not-working-properly-on-new-laptop/td-p/5620859
Relevancy 59.34%

i have a problem with my laptop some keys doesn't work, the key "T", "Y" sudnly my keyboard is PS/2 Standard

A:laptop keys are not working properly

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. Have you tried Re-installing the Software ? ...Is this a USB Keyboard or the actual keyboard on your Laptop ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/340762-laptop-keys-not-working-properly.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello first of all let me say that I m aware that my laptop has no integrated webcam so my question is really about working webcams laptop properly No on external webcams not working properly Ok No webcams working properly on laptop here goes I own an Emachines E and today I ve tried to get my webcam working on my laptop I ve used the plug amp play feature to install the drivers and I ve done No webcams working properly on laptop the installation of drivers manually Nothing worked Next I ve tried a different webcam Still the same issues occur The webcam comes on when I demand it it just doesn t give me any picture I know for certain the webcams are not broken because I ve tried them on my girlfriend s laptop and they work fine using the P amp P feature So my webcams turns on when a webcam activity is requested just no picture shows on my laptop I ve used www testmycam com to check to see if any picture showed but it doesn t on my laptop The picture just remains black So my question is if anyone knows what my problem might be How come these webcams work fine on my girlfriend s laptop but don t work on mine I m hoping someone has an answer for me because it s annoying me A lot Thanks in advance nbsp

A:No webcams working properly on laptop

assuming that your Laptop has more than a single USB port have you tried plugging the Webcam into a different USB port?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-webcams-working-properly-on-laptop.919754/
Relevancy 59.34%

Keyboard on laptop is not functioning properly Many keys will not type and others take a shortcut into other programs not requested keyboard laptop working properly on not I ran malwarebytes anti malware and Hijack this- notations listed keyboard on laptop not working properly below Computer currently runs zonealarm for antivirus and spyware- nothing found Windows XP See below Malwarebytes Anti-Malware www malwarebytes org Database version Windows Service Pack Internet Explorer AM mbam-log- - - - - txt Scan type Quick scan Objects scanned Time elapsed minute s second s Memory Processes Infected Memory Modules Infected Registry Keys Infected Registry Values Infected Registry Data Items Infected Folders Infected Files Infected Memory Processes Infected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Infected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Infected No malicious items detected Registry Values Infected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Infected No malicious items detected Folders Infected No malicious items detected Files Infected No malicious items detected Hijack this Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField IswSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exe C Program Files Maxtor Sync SyncServices exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exe C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM stsystra exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Program Files Maxtor OneTouch Status maxmenumgr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA HEWLET HPSHAR hpgs wnf exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Documents and Settings Jeff Clair Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files ooVoo oovoo exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm MailFrontier mantispm exe C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField ForceField exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C PROGRA MICROS Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system utilman exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software ... Read more

Relevancy 59.34%

My scrolling up and down option of touch pad is not working what should I do...?

A:My laptop touchpad is not working properly

Are you referring to the the right side scroll bars on laptop touch pads that allow you to scroll up and down pages?

Try updating the driver for your touchpad and see if that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-touchpad-is-not-working-properly.201621/
Relevancy 59.34%

My laptop touchpad is not working properly; that is I cannot scroll properly and also have problems with the sensitivity of touch. I downloaded and installed the Synaptic touchpad driver but it is still not functioning very well. Please can someone help me with a solution.
The name of my Laptop is; Compac Presario CQ50-115NR Notebook PC
Thank you.

A:My laptop touchpad is not working properly

Go to Start -> control panel -> Hardware and Sound.

Somewhere in there you should find adjustments for the sensitivity.

If this does not work please state your operating system for further help and try it with a USB mouse.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-touchpad-is-not-working-properly.163990/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello hi im lili b any my toupad isnt working right the dang strolling up or down wont work and I cant fix it I have an hp pavilion dv4 1435dx could someone help mi find the orrect driver that could fix it

A:Laptop touchpad is not working properly

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=3979336&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

You should find the drivers you need here. Click on next By the windows 7 64 bit box.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-touchpad-is-not-working-properly.194368/
Relevancy 58.91%

So, i bought this computer awhile ago, and i noticed now that my speakers aint working well. The sound reproduced by them sometimes (usually when I switch the computer on they are working well) is laggy, crashes and does strange noises. The volume also goes down significantly. The problem doesn't seem to happen with headphones plugged in. Any tip of what i should do to fix this problem? Thank you.

A:My laptop sound inst working properly.

Hi, Can you post back with the full Model No. and Product No. of your Omen - you can usually get this by holding down the fn key and pressing esc, otherwise see Here for a guide on locating this information. Regards, DP-K 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/My-laptop-sound-inst-working-properly/td-p/5793440
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I installed hard drives using a caddy in my laptop SSD for the OS and HDD for data Every once in a while once a year id say I still need the DVD drive so I bought an external DVD enclosure Generic The problem right now is that windows doesn't recognize it or rather doesn't recognize it correctly On windows pro x here is a pic of the device manager ok so windows recognizes it a a disk drive automatically changed it manually to optical drive and adds a portable device WPD FileSystem Volume Driver The drive appears in My computer but empty What Iv tried - chose manually all available drivers from windows in update driver - disabled power management on usb - other usb port computer on win bits - using a power cable instead of enclosure DVD Laptop working properly not external the usb power cable - google search for drivers using the device id USBSTOR DISK amp VEN GENERIC amp PROD EXTERNAL amp REV amp anything else I can try thanks

A:Laptop DVD external enclosure not working properly

Did you try going into the BIOS to see how it recognized it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/237987-laptop-dvd-external-enclosure-not-working-properly.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Preliminaries on working laptop Connection not Wireless properly first Wireless Connection on laptop not working properly Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Atom TM CPU N GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel Wireless Connection on laptop not working properly R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MEDION E Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled Hi I wonder if anyone can help me with a computer issue I ve recently been having The Wireless Network Connection on my Wireless Connection on laptop not working properly laptop doesn t seem to working properly When I boot it up I can see the Wirless network icon is animated in the task bar and after what seems like ages sometimes I get a connection When I check the strength sometimes it indicates it s good if I m practically sitting on top of the router this seems to eventually degrade to low until finally the connection drops Repairing with XP repair facility doesn t work I can forget about getting a connection if I move further away from the router At the moment I m relying on using an ethernet cable snaking across the dining room which isn t really practical with a toddler and a dog racing around Recently a friend put a bigger HD in and before this it was working fine so I suspect that it may be due to this I think it s due to the wirless card in the laptop as I have a number of other devices in the house which all work fine I have tried some things after digging around on the internet inc this http support microsoft com kb and a number of suggestions suggested on youtube Thanks for taking the time to look at my post nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

Hey folks,
I have Lenovo G500s windows 10 laptop Whenever I plug in my headphones to laptop, sometimes sound comes from laptop speakers and sometimes sound comes from my headphone. I had re-installed audio drivers and I even tried with new earphones, but still problem persists. Please help me out to identify why my laptop is behaving is this? I am facing this problem even before updating to windows 10.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-audio-jack-not-working-properly.1158530/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi Can anyone help me Most of my desktop icons aren t displayed properly and I can t access the programmes eg I double click on Internet explorer and nothing happens I am connected to wireless router I working properly Laptop displaying or not shortcuts ve installed a new norton Internet security programme and done a Laptop shortcuts not displaying properly or working scan which says no threats found The norton icon Laptop shortcuts not displaying properly or working on the desktop isn t working either accessed it fm bottom right corner of desktop to run the scan When I double click a desktop icon eg google desktop I get a message saying the path doesn t exist When I double click on the toshiba assist icon I get a message saying the item tintouch exe that this short cut refers to has been changed or removed so this shortcut will no longer work properly Do u want to delete this shortcut I click no I get the same message when I double click on aol icon I m totally stuck - I can t access windows help and support either nothing happens when I double click on it Sally nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-shortcuts-not-displaying-properly-or-working.1078974/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi everyone I recently was given a Toshiba Satellite by my father-in-law The screen stopped working and he said that if i could fix it i could have it After replacing the CCFL tube and getting it to work i started to mess around w it and noticed that the speakers will work and i can hear music and sound but it is barely audible Of course i tried to manipulate the sound through the control panel application as well as media player or anything like that The sound would increase and decrease and i altered the setting but as i stated before Speakers Working Laptop Properly Not Toshiba the highest it will Toshiba Laptop Speakers Not Working Properly go with the bar at its max is still barely audible The Toshiba s model number is -S It has a Pentium GHz processor with ram It is running XP home ed with sp which i had to install once i got the monitor working and it has a Yamaha ac-xg wdm audio device with harman kardon speakers Any help or advice is greatly appreciated Thank you much much nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-speakers-not-working-properly.642838/
Relevancy 58.91%

I just reformatted the HDD on my girlfriends laptop and now the touchpad mouse is not working properly. The scroll wheel doesn't work and when scrolling down on a web page with the keyboard it goes step by step. Are their any settings that I need tochange to make it work right?

A:Laptop touchpad mouse is not working properly

Some touchpads require specific drivers installed. Did you install these from the manufacturer? This is the integrated one on the laptop not add-in devices?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-touchpad-mouse-is-not-working-properly.421227/
Relevancy 58.48%

I recently purchased an ASUS A DG-EHFX to take over for my wife's Win ASUS K IJ-BBZ both are -bit Obviously getting Windows up and running out of the box was a breeze Configuring WLAN connectivity was Win7 trouble working New laptop, files/settings xferring from laptop also New laptop, trouble xferring files/settings from working Win7 laptop easy even though I have a hidden SSID and access control on devices on the router Even getting Office up and running was fine - just uninstalled from the old computer downloaded an installer file from Microsoft using the product key and that was fine The one hiccup has been getting my files and configuration settings such as browser history and passwords and cookies from the old computer to the new I have read that one can run Windows Easy Transfer on a Win machine which I did to an external HD then copy the migwiz and migration folders from the system subfolder of the Win machine to somewhere on the new machine and run the migwiz exe program from the migwiz folder This appeared to quot know what it was doing quot - it identified the user profiles captured in the transfer data and allowed me to select which ones to transfer But when the process completed I can't find any of the files from the Win laptop and I can't see any of the profiles and configurations - the files themselves or evidence that the computer is accessing them Also the old laptop had a C D HD partition as does this and it was pretty much program files on C and data docx and xlsx files etc on the D partition After running migwiz the new computer still has usage of D Without buying or using new software what's the easiest way to rectify this I'll happily manually copy folders from the old Win to the new Win as long as I know where they're supposed to go It would be great though if the quot run migwiz exe quot advice worked as well for me as it has for many who've recommended the approach

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/62443-new-laptop-trouble-xferring-files-settings-working-win7-laptop.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Re:  Pavilion g series/Windows 7 HP laptop My son was typing on Word and all of a sudden the keys stopped typing letters  and numbers.  The keys sometimes open up other windows when hit or indent.  It happens on any search window, too, so it isn't just word.   We are unable to type anything.  I'm afraid to turn off the computer and start it up as we may not be able to type in the password!  the touchpad is working and I can see the cursor.  For example, when I type "h" into a seach box nothing happens.  When I try "i" it moves it over about 10 spaces (indents?) but nothing appears.  The backspace works.I think he may have hit something to change the settings but I can't figure it out.    

A:Keyboard not working properly on HP laptop - Pavilion g seri...

I restarted the computer and it is working properly!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Keyboard-not-working-properly-on-HP-laptop-Pavilion-g-series/td-p/1480573
Relevancy 58.05%

I purchased my Laptop 8 months ago with Windows 8.  Worked perfectly. Upgraded to Windows 10 after 1 week, and still worked perfectly for 7 months.Now the mouse and the touch screen does not work properly.If I hook up external mouse, it works perfectly.Tried to resolve with HP support, but after getting cut off on the support line 3 X finally talked to support who said it is a Windows 10 issue with their drivers, even though it worked perfectly on Windows 10 for 7 months.Told me it is not a hardware issue, even though it obviously is, works perfectly with an exteranl mouse, and that I would have to pay $100 for him to supoort looking at the OS Drivers.Should I do a wipe, re-install Windows 8, and then phone to get support since HP will not support any issues if you are running Windows 10?Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Laptop-mouse-amp-touch-screen-not-working-properly/td-p/5763162
Relevancy 57.62%

My computer is an HP Pavilion G laptop Windows Home Premium bit I've recently went through a lot of problems with this computer specifically a corrupt user profile so I ended up doing a factory reset or something in that nature that fixed properly on Home disabled/not Keys working laptop keyboard the problem but it wiped everything off my computer Before the reset occasionally Home Keys on laptop keyboard disabled/not working properly my keyboard would just disable and go into this mode where certain keys opened a variety of programs and I had to shut off restart the computer to fix it But the keys worked fine it was just when the keyboard went crazy was when the keys didn't work But now a week or two after the reset I Home Keys on laptop keyboard disabled/not working properly went on my computer and the home keys and the enter key were disabled and I did some online research and a lot say that the keyboard is shot and you have to replace it The strangest thing was this morning actually I went on the computer and went to type and found the home keys were Home Keys on laptop keyboard disabled/not working properly actually working I left for a bit to start my morning and then came back woke the computer up and turned on the internet and found the keys disabled again I explained that story because it could be something involved with the computer's sleep function or its internet as a maybe Heres a list of some of my computer specs Computer HP Pavilion G Notebook PC x Processor AMD - M APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics Mhz Cores Logical Processors BIOS Version Date Insyde F SMBIOS Version Installed Physical Memory RAM GB I really need help I have no idea how to fix this Thanks in advance J

A:Home Keys on laptop keyboard disabled/not working properly

firstly I would recommend downloading and installing all of the latest drivers for you laptop. especially any chipset and or ones directly related to the keyboard (most laptop keyboards use default windows ones so theres nothing to update, but laptops with hot keys and multimedia keys tend to use their own)

something else you can do is plug in a usb keyboard and test it, if the same keys on a usb keyboard dont work its not hardware related.
simply googling G7 keyboard throws up hundreds of user complaints so its not exactly a first time event theyve known to fail.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/318329-home-keys-laptop-keyboard-disabled-not-working-properly.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Any help on this error:

Unknown USB device(device descriptor failed) is not working properly???

Ever since the windows 10 download..error in my windows device manager..only my usb 3.0 works

Dell laptop

A:Solved: Unknown USB device is not working properly on dell laptop

Sorry guys...My 2.0 Port was bad...I am closing this..I had to re download my 3.0 USB drivers after my windows 10 update, and that went fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unknown-usb-device-is-not-working-properly-on-dell-laptop.1153058/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello all I come to you because I have a big problem I had my HDD like that - system reserved primary - Ubuntu primary - Win primary - Win secondary - DATA secondary with all my users datas I used gt gt Partion Wizard Home Edition lt lt to manage the partitions I decide to delete win et Ubuntu partition So I moved the Win [BUG] properly Win7 boot - partition Win7 don't moved partition to the end next to the DATA's one Next with the [BUG] moved Win7 partition - Win7 don't boot properly free space I did with the Ubuntu partition and the old position of the Win 's one I created a new partition where I installed Debian Debian works well It's from here I write this message but Win has a lot of bug Even in safe mode I have the mouse but a black screen without any things And in the normal mode I got the login screen but after I have a blue wallpaper with a static mouse I can't do anythings Do you have some tips I there a way to repare windows Thank's Bew PS I'm french and my english is not always perfect

A:[BUG] moved Win7 partition - Win7 don't boot properly

Hi

Actually it is neither a bug nor an issue created by "Partition Wizard". The partition in which "Windows 7" installed is not supposed to be moved. When you do so, Windows lost the information of from which partition it is booting (at least i think so ). Booting the system using a "WinPE" disc and fixing OS drive letter assignment may solve the issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/335920-bug-moved-win7-partition-win7-dont-boot-properly.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi everyone. I just recently purchased an ATI All-In-Wonder 9800pro 128mb and the installation went smoothly, however I am having trouble with my TV out. I get an image on the television, but the image is too large to fit on the screen. I need to pan around with the mouse to view the entire image. Can someone point me in the right direction before I need to phone ATI? I'm having trouble registering, so I'm not sure if I will be able to get support.
Also, as a side question, when I boot into Linux Mandrake on a second drive, it fails to find any display. I cannot get into the GUI. Any ideas?
Thanks for your help.

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi, not sure if these are actually related. The sound part is recent.

Have had come and go BSOD for months, have even taken troubleshoot advice from seven forums. We have tried all sorts of things - SFC/SCANNOW, CHKDSK, MEMTEST, SEATOOLS, and using the system disk to repair install; it just seems to go away awhile then return.

I had a thunderstorm that killed the PC and scrambled BIOS and so had the local computer shop reset it (including disabling RAID on cache drive. After this computer can't use IST for disk speed but at least it runs.

Sound quit coming from my Plantronics DSP 500 USB headset; checked every USB port with a flashdrive and check phones in another PC. Tried updating drivers but no sound.

A:Win7 BSOD and no USB Headphone Sound

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.3.9600.16384 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\YUSRA\Downloads\OWNER981841-PC-Tue_12_23_2014_113228_67\122314-49608-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

************* Symbol Path validation summary **************
Response Time (ms) Location
Deferred SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7601.18526.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.140706-1506
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`0341e000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03661890
Debug session time: Tue Dec 23 19:23:28.347 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:37.533
Loading Kernel Symbols

Press ctrl-c (cdb, kd, ntsd) or ctrl-break (windbg) to abort symbol loads that take too long.
Run !sym noisy before .reload to track down problems loading symbols.

Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa80085d1060, fffffa80085d1340, fffff80003799270}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : wininit.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION (f4)
A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been
terminated.
Several processes and threads are necessary for the operation of the
system; when they are terminated (for any reason), the system can no
longer function.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, Process
Arg2: fffffa80085d1060, Terminating object
Arg3: fffffa80085d1340, Process image file name
Arg4: fffff80003799270, Explanatory message (ascii)

Debugging Details:
------------------

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----

PROCESS_OBJECT: fffffa80085d1060

IMAGE_NAME: wininit.exe

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

MODULE_NAME: wininit

FAULTING_MODULE: 0000000000000000

PROCESS_NAME: wininit.exe

EXCEPTION_CODE: (Win32) 0x5 (5) - Access is denied.

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xF4_5

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.16384 (debuggers(dbg).130821-1623) x86fre

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`02fa59c8 fffff800`03821ad2 : 00000000`000000f4 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`085d1060 fffffa80`085d1340 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`02fa59d0 fffff800`037ccabb : 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`085d2060 fffffa80`085d1060 fffff880`02fa5ae0 : nt!PspCatchCriticalBreak+0x92
fffff880`02fa5a10 fffff800`0374bf04 : 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`085d1060 0000007f`00000000 : nt! ?? ::NNGAKEGL::`string'+0x17486
fffff880`02fa5a60 fffff800`03492e53 : 00000000`00000008 0000000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/356158-win7-bsod-no-usb-headphone-sound.html
Relevancy 55.47%

ok I am typing this on a sticky note and then copying it and pasting this...the "S" key doesn't seem to want to work now about 30 minutes or so ago it was just fine but as you can see it works just fine on a sticky note but I go online and type something that requires the "S" key it comes out 0000000's and )))))))))))'s any idea why this is happening?? Now it's the "D" key as well and it just happened a few minutes ago

A:using win7 pro on asus laptop 's' key is not working how to fix it

I had an ASUS laptop and the keyboard was flakey on it, too. I wound up replacing the keyboard (which is sort of a hassle on a laptop).

What browser are you using on-line? is it ANY on-line site or just one specific?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/331178-using-win7-pro-asus-laptop-s-key-not-working-how-fix.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi there sometimes it seems when plugging in a laptop to an LCD TV monitor the picture seems slightly larger than the screen which can be annoying as the charms or task bar can get hard to see or access This can actually be fixed on a lot of monotors - for example the Samsung ones -- Note IT'S NOT A VIDEO DRIVER ISSUE GO into the MONITORS Menu and select when when output seems Hint for fit doesn't HDMI properly picture mode Look for something like Aspect Ratio Change which it usually is to SCAN AUTOSCAN or whatever seems like that Hey Hint for HDMI output when seems when doesn't fit properly presto the picture will now fit on the screen perfectly I often use a laptop which has an HDMI output on TV monitors - especially when travelling - and it often irritated me why Hint for HDMI output when seems when doesn't fit properly I could never get the picture to fit perfectly on the screen Native size of laptop screen X --fine on an inch screen -- but it does have full p HDMI output as well as RGB monitor output and this is X OK also for screens up to ins Hope this little trick helps some people --I Googled everywhere about this but couldn't find it Cheers jimbo

A:Hint for HDMI output when seems when doesn't fit properly

Good info! Thanks!

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/18349-hint-hdmi-output-when-seems-when-doesnt-fit-properly.html
Relevancy 54.61%

First time poster at the end of my rope with this issue I recently upgraded my laptop CPU I used a processor that Dell had tested on my specific model of laptop N and everything was fine for about working Win7 Laptop keyboard stopped weeks I Laptop keyboard stopped working Win7 used ESD protection and didn't do much actual touching of the motherboard About a week ago the laptop did a hard shut down for no apparent reason There was no BSOD and when my system booted it didn't prompt me to go into safe mode However once I got to the Windows profile screen the keyboard was not responding The HD is new the system is about and a half years old The keyboard works fine through POST Windows sees it and is not displaying any errors in device manager I got the keyboard working again by rolling back Windows to just after I installed the new CPU However when I let Windows update run tonight the keyboard stopped working again I rolled Windows back and it is still not working I have un reinstalled the driver as well Laptop keyboard stopped working Win7 as trying several restore points The ribbon is firmly in the port The keyboard is still working through POST and in BIOS but as soon as the OS begins to load it is no longer active even though device manager shows it is active My anti-virus is not finding anything and I don't use the laptop for anything that is risky for malware no porn torrents opening strange e-mail attachments etc Any ideas what to try next I really don't want to reinstall the OS Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/631237/laptop-keyboard-stopped-working-win7/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey there, I made a post a few days ago about an issue with my headphones with Windows 10, and couldn't pin down the issue.

Well, recently I figured it out.

My issue is that after my computer goes to sleep, when I power it back on, there will be no output from the headphone jack no matter what. This doesn't happen in Linux or Windows 8.1, just Windows 10.

I've tried many different drivers and a different BIOS, and no fix.

Restarting the computer doesnt rememdy the issue, but shutting it down and then booting it again does.

Has anyone heard of this issue before? Is there any solution to it?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/64483-going-into-sleep-mode-breaks-headphone-output.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello; can anybody help me in this case,
i have a HP laptop model 15-r240nb with windows 8 but i reinstalled with win7 but all my USB ports are not working, can anybody help me what to do.
i have already installed all drivers, checked in bois, regedit, device manager but not yet any result.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/393690-hp-laptop-model-15-r240nb-not-working-after-installing-win7.html
Relevancy 54.18%

hi,

laptop is an asus g53jw, about 5 years old and out of warranty, but works well once fiddling with power button actually boots it up.

so power button no longer properly working on laptop with win7, i think mb prob. so, i am wondering if:

1/. could configure another button to be the power button?
2/. a recommendation of usb keyboard that could work with power button, (already tried wireless logitech one and did not work)
3/. another solution?

thanks

A:power button no longer working on laptop win7

hi most likely you will have to get the power button assembly replaced.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/power-button-no-longer-working-on-laptop-win7-1145209.html
Relevancy 54.18%

ok so i got a new compaq pc and my old polkaudio speakers wont work! does anyone no what the problem is? i no that they are connected properly, and the volume is cranked to the fullest and all sounds still play quietly. the speakers worked properly on my old pc though.

A:speakers not working properly, sound is very low, connected properly, please help!

I think...

1.You may have accidently adjusted you sound configuration settings.
2.You may not have the correct sound Drive (Or none at all). If so check your sound card and browse the web for installable driver (The acctual drivers don't cost anything)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speakers-not-working-properly-sound-is-very-low-connected-properly-please-help.66605/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi everyone I've been researching and pulling my hair out and starting to think what I'm after is somehow not possible to achieve My goal is to be able to record my screen my speakers and my mic Stereo headphone Mix output speakers ONLY AND to (mic+speakers) Record narration while also being Record Stereo Mix (mic+speakers) AND output ONLY speakers to headphone able to playback ONLY my speakers to my headphones Basically I wish to monitor ONLY the speaker audio WITHOUT Record Stereo Mix (mic+speakers) AND output ONLY speakers to headphone my mic narration I thought I could achieve this by using Realtek HD Record Stereo Mix (mic+speakers) AND output ONLY speakers to headphone Audio Manager which allows you to playback two different audio streams simultaneously However it would seem that only certain Windows applications which are written to give you the option of changing the playback device can take advantage of this feature The particular Windows application which I am recording does not give me that option So essentially I am wondering if there is a way to force an application to output to a particular playback device ie the Realtek HD Audio nd Output The Realtek HD Audio nd Output would play to my headphones application audio ONLY while at the same time I would be able to record my screen my speakers and my mic all together at once I did find this post which broke my heart as it seems this might not be possible due to Windows only providing a single mixer but wanted to try asking around here too - gt Different audio output for certain programs Solved - Multimedia - Apps General Discussion PC Info Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Intel Pentium Dual Core E Ghz GB RAM Realtek Audio Driver DirectX Audio Controller HD Audio Audio Codec ALC My recording software is Hypercam which allows me to select a single recording audio device which is why I select Stereo Mix because I can record everything all together and remove the need to edit them together after the fact Anything else you need to know just ask Thanks Doug

A:Record Stereo Mix (mic+speakers) AND output ONLY speakers to headphone

Windows only allows one default audio playback device. There may be some third party program that will do what you want, but not with the default Windows options.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/370660-record-stereo-mix-mic-speakers-output-only-speakers-headphone.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,

I have a windows 7 enterprise installed and I just got a set of headphone plugged in via USB. The headphones do not work as the sound still comes out of the laptop device whe I try to listen to the videos.
Can you please tell me how to configure them so that the sound will come through the headphone device? I have already tried to plug the headphone in before starting the video but still doesn't work.

Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/09c0edd4-285e-4837-98b8-09aa71925785/usb-headphone-not-working?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 51.6%

plz anyone help me ! i am using windows 7 ultimate 32 bit .

my headphones mic not working although i am able to hear from headphone !

i am a new user . plz help me !!!
my email is [email protected]

thnx .

A:headphone's mic not working

hsingbora,
Welcome to SF. Try making and unmaking the connection with the headphone jack. Also blast some air into the female socket. I also like to use a little contact cleaner on the jack, just a little and make and unmake connections a bunch and see if that free's up the spring contacts inside.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/217647-headphones-mic-not-working.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I've been noticing this problem on and off where the right headphone bud doesn't work on my Lenovo Z - laptop The headphones work fine they work perfectly well on my phone I have also tried with another headphone with the same result The sound card Right not headphone bud working is a Realtek HD sound card nbsp I Right headphone bud not working have tried the following nbsp Go to Right headphone bud not working Realtek HD Audio Manager and tick the Enable auto-popup dialog when device has been plugged in Every time I plug in the headphone the window pops up However the Device dropdown is disabled nbsp When I go to Playback Devices I'm unable to see Headphones nbsp I'm trying to download the latest drivers from the Lenovo website but the site seems to be down it takes me to the nbsp https download lenovo com eol index html page where my model isn't listed nbsp I just tried installing the latest drivers from the Realtek website but this hasn't changed anything nbsp What do I do Please help

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Right-headphone-bud-not-working/td-p/3314373
Relevancy 51.6%

Have some cheap headphones that won't work when plugged into same color coded jacks. Will work when I plug headphone jack into speaker jack. Could problem be in the headphone jack?

Relevancy 51.17%

I have Logitech Z speakers running on a X-fi Win7 I to sound? tell on Z5500's 5.1 do output How Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium soundcard Both the Creative software and Windows's audio options think that my speakers are only -channel quot stereo quot speakers How do I tell Win7 to output 5.1 sound? Z5500's on X-fi I figured it was the cable going from my speakers to my soundcard but I have replaced that and How do I tell Win7 to output 5.1 sound? Z5500's on X-fi it didn't fix the problem Where do I go in Win to tell it that it should be outputting audio on channels instead of Resolved It turns out I was looking in the correct place Control Panel gt Sound gt Playback tab gt click quot speakers quot gt hit Configure button but Creative's drivers were messed up what's new right and that was causing quot Stereo quot to be the only speaker configuration available for me to select The solution to the driver issue was to not only update the drivers but first completely uninstall remove every single piece of Creative and or X-fi related software from my system then reboot amp install the newest versions of everything If Creative actually had some competition in the soundcard market they would have gone bankrupt by now due to their complete inability to program working drivers for their products Seriously Creative must have some incredibly incompetent people working for them - it seems like every time I hear anyone mention Creative it's something about a malfunctioning feature instability or lack of driver support

A:How do I tell Win7 to output 5.1 sound? Z5500's on X-fi

Welcome to seven forums. Thank you for posting your resolution of this problem. I;m sure others may benefit from it. Just so you know in the future you can click on the red triangle and write resolved, this way the tread will appear with a green check mark signifying it had been resolved. Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/61953-how-do-i-tell-win7-output-5-1-sound-z5500s-x-fi.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello everyone,
Okay so I have this Dell XPS L502X Laptop which I purchased in 2012. The Laptop came with Microsoft Windows 7 Home Edition.
Earlier its HDMI output to my Sony LED used to work fine.
But few months ago, as offered by Microsoft, I upgraded my Laptop OS from Windows 7 Home edition to Windows 10 home edition.  Since upgrade everything has worked just fine except, I do not receive HDMI output to my television.
I have tried searching for online solutions but not sure what could be the problem? Can someone please guide me in right direction? 
Thank you.

A:HDMI Output not working for Dell XPS L502X not working after upgrading to Windows 10

Can someone please suggest a solution..

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19667973
Relevancy 50.74%

The headphone jacks on the front of my CD-Rom and Burner do not work. I have checked connections inside and out and they are all working. If I plug my headphones directly into the back where the speakers go I can hear thru the headphones slightly and that is with the volume all the way up. Does anyone know why my headphone jacks are not working. I have looked everywhere for a solution.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/headphone-jacks-not-working.18943/
Relevancy 50.74%

Well, I have a new computer. And I recently bought a Headset & Microphone, to play games with. It was all working perfect, until my brother plugged in the Headset plug, into the microphone port. And I disconnected it because it was wrong. Then, when I went to plug it into the Headset Port, it wouldn't read.

I've checked the headset to see if it was the plug, but it wasn't. I opened my computer to check if the connections to the port are okay, and they are. I believe it might be a software issue, but not sure as to what to do now.

Many thanks if you can help me.

~ Nino

A:Headphone Jack Not Working

I tend to think it's a hardware problem, but to make sure open up your Device Manager and expand all of the +'s. Look for yellow exclamation points. That would indicate the problem device. Also check your sound and microphone configuration. I know this link is for skype, but it addresses the same problem and has pretty detailed solutionshttp://www.skype.com/help/guides

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/142068/headphone-jack-not-working/
Relevancy 50.74%

I buy au003tx 2 days before ..laptop speaker working properly but no headphone detected plizz solve it

A:Headphone jack not working

Greetings @Sumit1996,Thanks for accessing the HP Support Forums for extra support! I see that you are experiencing issues with the headphone not working properly. I will do my best to assist you with this issue. Resolving Headphones and Headset Problems. Although these steps are for Windows 8, the steps will be the same Windows 10. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. If you wish, to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. Please let me know the outcome. Have a nice day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Headphone-jack-not-working/td-p/5759658
Relevancy 50.74%

Hallo,

The microphone on this non-brand headset isn't working due to the microphone not showing up under the recording devices. Audio is working for the headset (and anything else that I plug in ), but not the microphone. The green bars do not go up in the audio manager either when I test the microphone. I'd like to use this for teamspeak, but there doesn't seem to be anything that I have found on google to solve this so far, or anything that I've figured out on my end. I have attached a screenshot of what is happening in my audio manager. When any headphones/earphones are plugged into the green jack, they work and sound is audible, however in the audio manager it still says that no headset is plugged in even with them plugged in & working.

Any help is appreciated, thanks. =)

A:Non-usb headphone set, microphone not working

The first thing I see is "High Definition Audio Device" which suggests you do not have the correct sound driver installed. The High Definition Audio Device is the generic, basic function, driver installed by Windows. Get the correct sound driver from ASUS for your specific PC model and install that. That is the first step.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/321801-non-usb-headphone-set-microphone-not-working.html
Relevancy 50.74%

My Headphone Mic is Not Working , How i Fix it?? Mic is Working Fine On Linux(Ubuntu , Mint) , On Linux i just simply Plug-in my Mic and Start Using (Hardware is Fine), But On Windows i plug-in and i Switch to Headphone Microphone but it's Not Working... (On Some Point I Think Linux is Much Easier Than Windows ).. No Sound Recorded from my External Microphone on Windows.. i Re-install Audio Drivers Many Times , But Still the Same Problem. My All Drivers are Up-To-Date.. What i Do Now?? My Laptop is Dell Inspiron N4050 , IDT High Definition Audio Controller ... (See The Image , i'm Speaking in Microphone But Nothing Happening) ...

A:My HeadPhone Microphone is Not Working??

Have you tried clicking on any of the other options in your recording device tab and making it the default recording device.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/352633-my-headphone-microphone-not-working.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I updated to Windows 8 today, and everything seemed to be going well until I tried playing music through my headphones. They worked fine on my iPhone, but once I plugged them into my laptop, no sound came out.

Pictures:

I ran windows updates today.

A:Headphone Jack Not Working

It looks like, with the "High Definition Audio Device" that you only have the basic function Windows installed sound drivers.

Try installing the PC Vendor's sound driver. Same way for HDMI install the Video Card vendor's drivers.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/18458-headphone-jack-not-working.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have two sets of headphones, and two computers - one PC with Windows 7 on it, and one netbook with Ubuntu.

I've done the following spading:

When plugged into the netbook, the headphones work correctly - not the headphones' fault
The microphone works
The PC has two sockets into which I can plug the headphones in, both provide the same bad result - probably not the sockets' fault, and probably not my fault for plugging them in badly

---

What do you recommend I do now? The problem could be in the software somewhere, or somewhere I have no idea of. Suggestions?

A:Left headphone not working

If you system has a Left/Right balance control, it could be its set to Right and if that is the case you won't hear anything from the left earpiece.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/233222-left-headphone-not-working.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Headphone jack not working, when I plugged headphone in sound keep comming out of my laptop speaker I have 2 little yellow triangles as well in device manager as shown in screenshot, can anyone help me so tensed.

A:headphone jack not working

What error message do you get when you right click on the yellow warning signs in the device manager?

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/281662-headphone-jack-not-working.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi, I have an HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC. Over the past few months my headphone jack has not been working properly. It started off with the headphones having to be held in a certain place to prevent sound coming out of the speakers at the same time as the headphones (I have tried every pair of headphones i own) . Over time, this has been getting worse and now, sound comes out of the speakers regardless of whether i have any heaphones plugged in. The headphone jack is really wobbly and i'm assuming i'll need to take my pc to a repair shop?Thanks in advance  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Headphone-Jack-not-working/td-p/5719307
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a sony vaio laptop running windows 7. As of the last couple days, there is a red light on the headphone jacks, and it will not work. I've update drivers, and system restore. Still no joy. Any suggestions?

A:none working headphone jack

/hardware

Pull it apart and replace the audio jack

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/480135/none-working-headphone-jack/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello,

Lately my headphone/computer has been acting weirdly. Before, a reboot worked but not anymore. For ex. i'm watching a movie on my laptop with my speakers. I can hear everything correctly. Then when I insert my headphone, i can't hear anything. Drivers are updated. I've read that IDT (the one that I have) don't like windows 7... Also, i cannot set my headphones as default device.

Please help me out, can't use my headphones!

thanks.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate , 64 bit
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile ZM-82, AMD64 Family 17 Model 3 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 6141 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 126676 MB; D: Total - 463399 MB, Free - 256253 MB; E: Total - 13535 MB, Free - 19 MB;
Motherboard: Quanta, 3064, 19.15, None
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

A:Headphone jack not working!

If you are inserting the headphones once film has started, chances are the film has already picked up the sound device as speaker and wants to use that. changing in the middle of something often results in no sound, for me at least. try plugging phones in before you turn the computer on, and leave them in. hopefully that should cure it. Please note the word hopefully...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/headphone-jack-not-working.993562/
Relevancy 50.74%

I recently bought a Y50, only to discover that no matter what headphones I use, no sound will play. The actual speakers on the laptop work fine, I just cannot get any sound through headphones. I have tried messing with the drivers, but with no luck. Anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Or is my headphone jack busted?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Y50 Headphone Jack Not Working

hi Niphoros,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

Just to verify, do you get a pop-up notification whenever you plugged-in a headphone / earphone?
- Link to picture

If yes then your issue is most likely similar to this article.As per these specs, the Y50 uses an audio combo jack (headphone and mic). Although this port supports various mobile headphones, you may need to get a PC Headset to 3.5mm Smartphone Adapter if you're using a traditional headset with a separate.audio and mic connector.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y50-Headphone-Jack-Not-Working/td-p/1602464
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a small headphone problem.

Two computers, two headphones.
First computer: Dell 8250, Creative SB Live series sound card
Second computer: Dell 4600, built in sound card.

First headphone: Labtec, works with both computers
Second headphone: Firstline (I think a no-brand, considering its price), works with Dell 8250, but not with 4600 (can hear perfectly, but no recording through the mike so people can not hear me on, say, Skype or on sound recorder).

The second computer and the firstline headphone belong to a friend, and I would not advise him to buy another headphone, if the current one can work. Many thanks. The pins on firstline are color coded (pink and green) for microphone and lineout, while on Labtec, these are pink and black.

Many thanks for your help.

A:Headphone working on one computer, not on another

G'day js73, you are aware that the two headset plugs are generally one for mic and one for audio, as to why one works on one machine and not on another there is no simple explanation as far as I can see.
You obviously are using the same two jack-sockets and can hear normally in both instances but one mic has no audio, apart from checking and trying different level settings in the audio set levels by right-clicking the speaker icon near the clock the only other possibility is that there must be some very odd circumstance with one headset, maybe the actual mic plug is slightly different physically and not contacting one socket contact properly somehow.
Cheers, qldit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/headphone-working-on-one-computer-not-on-another.379869/