Windows Support Forum

Black screen with (almost) new graphics card

Q: Black screen with (almost) new graphics card

I bought a Sapphire HD graphics card card screen Black new with (almost) graphics about months ago Everything worked fine until one day ago when I booted up my computer everything booted up Black screen with (almost) new graphics card Fans Lights amp No system beeping But I was only getting a black screen with occasional small white flashes I tried booting with multiple displays and multiple ports nothing worked I also tried changing my bios settings also with no luck the on-board graphics work fine when the graphics card is removed from the PC My power supply is a W which is more than enough Again Everything worked fine until that day I doubt anything is damaged I handle everything in my PC with extreme care And yes all of the AMD drivers are installed I will try to reply to any questions asap I m sorry if I don t reply quickly I have a very busy schedule Any help on this issue would be VERY much appreciated Some PC Specs listed Black screen with (almost) new graphics card below Lenovo idea centre K Watt new power supply Intel th Generation Core i gb system RAM Not shure about the motherboard type nbsp Black screen with (almost) new graphics card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-with-almost-new-graphics-card.198269/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Black screen with (almost) new graphics card

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 76.54%

I recently purchased a new graphics card(MSI Radeon HD6450) to hold out before I get my new laptop but whenever I start my computer with it in I get a black display.

Computer
Hp Pavilion p7-1287c

Procesor:
Intel core i5 2400, 3.1 GHz
Cores: 4

Motherboard:
Pegatron 2ac2

PSU:
EVGA 500W

RAM:
8 GB DDR3-1333

Form Factor:
ATX

Slots:
1 pci-e x16

A:Graphics Card Black Screen

Have you actually plugged your monitor into the card??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-black-screen.1166549/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi everyone this is my first post and i hope its in the right place Last night i turned on my computer for the first time that day and all seemed fine windows logo came up with the little loading bar Screen Black Card Graphics - but instead if loading the desktop up came a black screen Funny thing was that windows was working in the background I read through people having the same problem in these forums and it turns out its not an overly uncommon problem graphics card issue I booted in safe mode and uninstalled the graphics card and drivers and when i rebooted Graphics Card - Black Screen it was fine albiet in low resolution i downloaded and reinstalled the drivers from my providers site and when i rebooted i had the same problem So now i am sitting typing this the text looks huge on this resolution and have a simple question Is the issue here that the graphics card is broken I hope this isnt the case as it is an onboard card and will cost about for a replacement My specs are below i m a bit of a gumby when it comes to computers so go easy on me HP Pavillion zd lappy P Onboard Mobility Radeon X MB XP Pro nbsp

A:Graphics Card - Black Screen

Do you have the same black screen using an external monitor? If you do, you won't be spending $900 on an on-board video card, you will spend $900 on a new motherboard...

Have you tried to install the graphics driver once more?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-black-screen.91516/
Relevancy 75.68%

I recently built my new computer and have been having problems with the graphics card. My computer runs fine on my i5 graphics but I want better graphics so I purchased a Saphire Radeon 7850. When I plugged it into my motherboard and plugged in the power I then turned on the computer. Everything was working fine. The fans on the graphics card began to spin. and I could here windows being booted. The problem was the screen was black. Nothing was showing up and my monitor went on sleep mode. I turned off my computer and un-plugged in the power sorce of the graphics card and tried to turn on the computer and it worked fine. The monitor worked and everything was good. If anyone could help it would be greatly appriciated!

A:Black screen when graphics card plugged in

Did you plug the monitor cable into the back of the actual graphics card, or is it still in the motherboard port?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-when-graphics-card-plugged-in.188481/
Relevancy 75.68%

Graphics Card Nvidia Computer Shuttle XPC Barebone SS G v Motherboard Shuttle FS V OS Windows XP SP Well I took apart my computer and put it back together about times and after the third i turned it on and the screen was black straight away as soon as i pressed the ignition button the other times I turned it on it was fine I have determined graphics card screen problem, Black that it is the graphics card because I plugged the monitor into the motherboard VGA port and it worked like normal I have tried taking out the card and cleaning the port I went into Device Manager and under other devices it says quot VIDEO CONTROLLER VGA COMPATIBLE quot but it has a exclaimation mark by it And when i go into the properties of it it says quot THE DRIVERS FOR THIS DEVICE ARE NOT INSTALLED CODE quot But i cannot install the drivers with the cd I have and i cannot use graphics card problem, Black screen hardware update wizard My CD ussually identifies the card and the installs the drivers but this has not happened and at the top where it says what the card is it says quot NO SUITABLE DRIVERS quot I have had the same problem before but i didnt know what the problem was and I gave it to a shop to sort out so i dont know what exactly is wrong Can someone please tell me what to do Much Appreciated Agent nbsp

A:graphics card problem, Black screen

There should have been a cd with the graphics card, try that!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-problem-black-screen.56549/
Relevancy 75.68%

I just swapped my graphics card this morning to a new asus nvidia GeForce gt630 when I installed the drivers off the cd after restarting the pc I realised the drivers did not support windows 8. It loaded up to a black screen an stopped, I have since been forced to try to restore and it is now stuck on black screen with blue windows logo with no indication it is doing anything I have restarted the pc and put the old graphics card back in, but it is still stuck on a restore, I bought downloaded windows 8 pro online so do not have it on a reboot cd.
Please help

A:Graphics card install black screen

I have now got it into safe mode ..

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/12775-graphics-card-install-black-screen.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I deleted all of my old ATI graphics card drivers, and even used a 3rd party tool to whipe out the traces in safe mode after. I then installed my new nvidea GeForce 9800 GTX+ graphics card. I installed the drivers as well as active X.

During my first gaming session with the new card, it randomly cut to a black screen and the fan started to spin at a pretty high rate. (Fan on graphics card)

Anyone have any clue what I can do here?

(First time posting by the way, so be gentle)

A:Black Screen after installing new Graphics card

System Specs (MB, CPU, Memory, PSU, OS)?
Are you running two monitors?
Have you considered the possibility of adjusting the screen refresh rate?
Do you have anything overclocked?
Are you generating any minidumps?

More information would be helpful.
And I am sure someone here can help you track down the issue...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-after-installing-new-graphics-card.126973/
Relevancy 75.68%

Im sorry to trouble you guys, but I have tried everything I can think of and have seen via google.

I tried starting my pc about 3 days ago and I got the windows loading screen up and then it all of sudden went black. To cut a long story short, my pc will not start with any nvidia drivers installed. I have tried a fresh reboot of the OS and all is good until I update the graphics driver.

I have tried re-seating the graphics card, and unplugging everything but it still isnt working.

Please could you advise on what to try next, or is my graphics card a gonner.

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 75.68%

I have a ATI ATI/AMD black Card screen Graphics error, AMD Graphics Card on my Dell ATI/AMD Graphics Card error, black screen Studio and the chip has become faulty design fault from manufacturer Now the screen display is black and does not come on Temporary workaround I am using I plugged in my separate VGA monitor to the laptop and using it I switched on my laptop and after the Windows startup logo the computer would crash and restart and repeat So I managed to get into Safe Mode and from there under Device Manager I roll-backed my ATI AMD driver to Microsoft Basic Display Adapter Then I restarted the Laptop normally not Safe Mode and the laptop DID NOT crash it made it to the logon screen and I got in Problem So now I have my VGA Monitor plugged in to the laptop and using it I am able to boot up windows normally While the laptop is on if I unplug the monitor the Laptop Screen stays black nothing happens When I plug it back in I get this error that says Microsoft Basic Display Adapter is not compatible with your display I'm assuming it means my laptop screen since it's a Full HD resolution whereas my VGA monitor is half that resolution What I need help with Is there any other driver I can install apart from ATI AMD which will allow my Laptop Screen to work I want to bypass the ATI AMD Graphics card completely as it's faulty and maybe somehow use Windows one just like the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter is currently doing UPDATE I do not mind using a smaller resolution on my Laptop Screen I can learn to live with that as long as I can get it working Is this possible at all or am I stuck with my VGA Monitor attached to my laptop Sorry for the long question

A:ATI/AMD Graphics Card error, black screen

I don't think a different driver would help with the laptop's screen. It sounds like a hardware problem, especially if, as you say, the chip has gone bad. It looks like the problem exists somewhere between the video card and the laptop screen, but it still allows you to use an external monitor.

You could boot without the external monitor and shine a light on the laptop's screen to see if there is anything there. If there is, that rules out the graphics card. It would be the actual screen backlight that is at fault.

Is there any chance that this laptop is still under warranty?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/318867-ati-amd-graphics-card-error-black-screen.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hey I m not sure where to start but a while ago I bought a desktop and a monitor and they are black Screen after card a installing graphics goes while after new Desk Top Newegg com - Acer Aspire AX -UR P PT SG P Desktop PC Athlon II X GHz GB DDR GB HDD Capacity NVIDIA GeForce SE Windows Home Premium -Bit Monitor newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E But the graphics card that came Screen goes black after a while after installing new graphics card with the computer sucked it simply doesn t support D games So I went ahead and bought this graphics card Graphics Card Newegg com - GIGABYTE GV-N SL- GI GeForce GT Fermi GB -bit DDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card Here note that the maximum power my computer has is W but the graphics card needs at least W for it to run So I bought this power supply unit Power Supply Newegg com - Antec VP- W ATX V v Power Supply Here s the story After I bought my computer and the monitor I bought the graphics card It took me a while to figure out how to install it but I worked my way out and installed it So I followed the general guide to installing graphics card remove driver first install card the computer didn t have a card so the pci slots were empty then I started my computer and tried to install the new driver with the disc that came with the graphics card The first time it went so well that I thought it s gonna work but after a while the screen suddenly goes back and on the top right corner it says quot VGA then DVI quot It s the screen you get when the monitor isn t plugged into a desktop So after that I went to look at my computer and the card and I found out the card needs more power it needs W but the computer has W So I bought a W power supply unit also took me a while because my case is micro ATX board I have to leave the power supply unit outside the case So after I installed the power supply and the graphics card the first time trying to install the driver also went pretty smooth but the screen then went black after a while So I m wondering what exactly I should do I m pretty sure the power supply is working Atm I m using the power supply but not the card and I can run my computer fine Addition details When I tried to uninstall the original graphics card driver it kept automatically installing itself when I restart Could that be why But after I uninstalled it I switched to the VGA port on the new graphics card but it still didn t work I have my directx updated to version Please if you re confused about anything I said tell me which part you didn t understand and I ll try my best to describe it Thank you for your time Ads by Google nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-goes-black-after-a-while-after-installing-new-graphics-card.188703/
Relevancy 75.68%

I have a Hp desktop gb memory ATI radeon x intergrated graohics card gb hd XP SP Pentium ghz This is the problem I got a used grapgics card- an ati x xl mb The I uninstalled my intergrated one through device manager Turned off computer Installed the new card to my PCI-E slot Then connected the when screen Black install I card graphics monitor cable to the new video card slot Turn on computer and nothing Black sceen saying quot No signal I researched this problem Went Black screen when I install graphics card to BIOS then switched cards or slots had a option like quot PCI PCI-E AGP Figuring that I installed it onto my PCI-E slot i switched it to that option But still no start up I seems that the intergrated card never goes off I uninstall it but its still there Black screen when I install graphics card Cause when I restart my computer its still enabled POWER SUPPLY is w of computer Graphics card is recommended at w also Question How can I fix this problem so I can get the new card to work am I supposed to disable or uninstall the intergrated one I uninsatalled it first If I disable it and it still dosent work the new card can I reinable it cause I don t want to mess up the computer Thank you very much google nbsp

A:Black screen when I install graphics card

No video at all even when you first turn on the computer? You have to disable the integrated video through the bios, not the Device Manager

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-when-i-install-graphics-card.89836/
Relevancy 75.68%

I just installed my new 7950, and upon installing the drivers then rebooting back to windows I found that although my screen resolution is listed at 1080p, either my screen or my graphics card isnt doing this properly because I have a black outline, about 2cm thick, all around my screen where the screen isnt displaying anything. Any suggestions? On the nvidia control panel I could stretch/move the screen size to my likings, is this possible with catalyst?

Thanks

A:New Graphics card causes black outline around screen

Ok First off I think you are Using a ATI Radeon card

Also if you installed Nvidia drivers on a ATI device GOD help you it even came on

Can you please do us all a favor and post screen shots of the card box and write down what drivers you installed

This would really help because the way i am reading this you are using a ATI card but you installed Nvidia drivers

7000 series card from Nvidia is Dinasour now

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/214565-new-graphics-card-causes-black-outline-around-screen.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello,
My dad has a nividia geforce graphics card in his computer and a 22 inch benq lcd monitor. Everynow and then when he starts the computer(its becoming more frequent every day),the computer screen is black and when you turn it on it says no signal.even some times when its left idle it does it.I'm guessing its a problem with the graphics card.Ive done all the obvious steps like clean the graphics card, make sure the screens plugged in and update the drivers.

Does anyone know what could cause this??

I will put the specs of dads computer up tomorrow

~Fastboy42~

A:Black Screen.Graphics Card Failure?

Make sure you update the graphic card drivers from the venders site, if you dont know then i can show you where.

Next click the link on my sig and do everything there then reboot. If the problem still exists then go into the bios and set the display to onboard graphics, boot then shutdown the pc and remove the graphics card. Then boot up and see if the problem still happens. If you need help with the BIOS settings then just ask.

NOTE: if you dont have onboard graphics you'll need another graphics card which you can put in instead of the one your using

If after doing all the above its still not working correctly then download http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php and run it then take a screenshot so we can see all the values and post it here

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/224715-black-screen-graphics-card-failure.html
Relevancy 75.68%

i have just put in a graphics card (asus EN9800gt 512mb hybrid power) and wen i turn it on all i get is a black screen! what could the problem be?
I have a 500w pc and its a very brand new pc with 64bit windows 7 and intergrated grraphics.

also note that the first time i put it in i forgot to put in the 6pin adaptor and when i turned it on it made a big beeping noise. could this have stuffed up the card? becoz wen i remove it, the pc works fine

help please???

A:put in graphics card bt only black screen wen turn on!!

i think ive had this problem before. the beeping sound you heard was I believe the POST telling you that something is wrong with the graphics card. This is expected since you forgot to plug in the power. For me, it turned out that my power supply was a bust. Everything else turned on fine but there was never anything on the screen. Replaced the psu and everything booted up. See if you can find a replacement? Your wattage seems to be fine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/62026-put-graphics-card-bt-only-black-screen-wen-turn.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi guys nbsp I've done a fair bit of looking into this but I can't get a definitive nbsp answer I recently bought a Gigabyte GeForce TI OC Edition to go with my computer knowing it would fit in the case But ever since I've tried to install it it has been a nightmare It fires up fans whirring and all but all card shows black graphics screen New I get is the HP BIOS screen no imput commands and quick beeps then it goes to an entirely black screen with a blinking underscore in the top left hand corner nbsp From what I've read around I have to enable Legacy mode in BIOS but since my computer is running the HP BIOS I can't find that it even remotely supports Legacy mode Then I've read that some HP MoBo's cannot effectively run nbsp a different graphics card nbsp due to age restrictions It doesn't sound like a power issue as I've already upgraded the PSU with no issues nbsp I'd just love an answer to what exactly is the issue because it's driving me nuts and I'm pretty much ready to sell the card at this point New graphics card shows black screen nbsp IF I have infact bought a non-applicablegraphics card could you recommend one that would ACTUALLY work nbsp Thanks again

A:New graphics card shows black screen

The HP 3300 SFF shipped with Win 7, and a BIOS that is not upgradeable to UEFI standards.Look here at the new MSI cards that offer Legacy and UEFI.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/New-graphics-card-shows-black-screen/td-p/5640110
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello Today I bought a brand new Acer V - G laptop that runs Window with a nvida gtx m graphics card built in Getting home I decided to use Just Cause 's bench test to find out how the laptop would hold up After completion and getting a rather low score I noticed it said the graphics card it was running was the integrated Intel r HD graphics card and not the nvidia So after some researching and trying out different ways with no results I right clicked on computer clicked on manage went to device manager then to display adapter saw the intel card and the nvidia card so I disabled the after Black card Help! disabling screen graphics intel card in hopes it would force the nvidia card to be used Black screen after disabling graphics card Help! Once I did that all windows disappeared the desktop was still there and I could still access the tile menu start screen so I restarted hoping it would set everything back to normal and start using the nvidia card Oh how wrong I was Upon restart the acer title logo pops up then disappears as usual but after that I only get black screen nothing else Is there any way to fix this To re enable the graphics card some how Thank you in advance

A:Black screen after disabling graphics card Help!

If you could get to Safe Mode, you could re-enable the onboard graphics.

In some cases, if Windows 8 doesn't successfully start a few times in a row, it will display a screen with alternate boot options - among them an "Advanced Options" tab - which will include an option to start in Safe Mode. Try letting your laptop restart a few times. If it recognises a problem with the onboard graphics, it might produce the Advanced Startup Options menu.

If you don't see that menu appear, you can use a Windows 8 repair disc (USB, CD, or DVD) to boot your computer. It will produce a menu from which you can choose Advanced Startup Options & choose Safe Mode. The Wndows 8 repair disc is not your Windows 8 installation disk, nor is it a recovery disk (such as those provided by your manufacturer). The repair disc starts your computer into the Windows 8 Recovery Environment.

It only takes a minute or two to make the repair disc (literally). From a working Windows 8 PC, press the Windows & R keys at the same time. Then type recdisc. Choose create repair disc, & provide a blank CD, or blank DVD, or USB flash memory drive.

Apparently, your laptop uses a hybrid type program called "Optimus" that uses both the onboard graphics as well as the discrete nVidia mini-card. The idea is that the onboard graphics handle mundane graphics tasks (to save battery life), and the nVidia kicks in when needed for gaming.

It seems that you do have some degree of control over when the nVidia takes over -- the options are in the "nVidia Control Panel". Here's a blurb from a gaming website about it:
Quote:

After you are at the control panel of nVidia, in the left side of that window there is 'Manage 3D settings' Under the 'Select a Task'. Click on that and you see in the other part there is a 'global settings' tab and 'program settings'. Go to the global one and in the 'preferred graphics processor' choose 'High Performance nVidia Processor'. You should then have the optimus technology when you choose apply. The 'program settings' in the other hand is to choose what graphics card you want to use for each program of your preference. So you choose on your program and select your preferred graphic card there

See if the nVidia Control Panel gives you the control you need, once you get things visible again with a repair disc.

Best of luck
. . . Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/black-screen-after-disabling-graphics-card-help-737978.html
Relevancy 75.68%

i have just put in a graphics card (asus EN9800gt 512mb hybrid power) and wen i turn it on all i get is a black screen! what could the problem be?
I have a 500w pc and its a very brand new pc with 64bit windows 7 and intergrated grraphics.

also note that the first time i put it in i forgot to put in the 6pin adaptor and when i turned it on it made a big beeping noise. could this have stuffed up the card? becoz wen i remove it, the pc works fine

help please???

A:Put in graphics card but only black screen when turned on

Do you get any beeps after turning on your PC?

Also, what PSU do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/put-in-graphics-card-but-only-black-screen-when-turned-on.142644/
Relevancy 74.82%

Im running Windows 7 dual monitor setup (BENQ BL2411). Which were working fine i replaced a faulty graphics card which was an Nvidia 520 GT 1 screen was connected via a DVI cable and the 2nd was connected via a VGA cable.
I changed the graphics card to an Nvidia 750Ti this does not have a VGA connection so i have bought a Displayport cable to use on 1 screen and mantained the DVI on the other.
I have checked that i have the latest driver for the card.
All im getting on the Displayport connected screen is a black screen.
When i go into the screen control panel the 2nd screen is being recognised.

Any Help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/380993-black-screen-2nd-monitor-after-graphics-card-update.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Okay i have a lenovo ideacentre K B screen signal Installing black Card No Graphics just machine type cpu G gb ram integrated graphics intel hd i installed a cougar cmx watt because i got a killer deal on it and Installing Graphics Card No signal just black screen i install a gigabyte radeon i have tried everything i know that i can do for this i have tried looking into my bios and no option to for the pcie also tried booting into safe mode and disabling my integrated graphics through device manger i am having trouble finding a bios update for my motherboard but once i plug the power to my graphics card and try to boot up its just stays on a black screen and the its displays no signal but once i unplug the power my computers works as normal so i figured maybe i bought a messed up card put it in my buddys computer and boom works like a charm can someone please give me advice on something i can do without having to buy another motherboard

A:Installing Graphics Card No signal just black screen

Use your intel HD 1000 and install the drivers for the card.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/55372-installing-graphics-card-no-signal-just-black-screen.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi,

I recently turned on my laptop for it to constantly arrive to a black screen just before I select the user login. I read some instructions on a different forum stating that I need to log in to the computer via the safe mode and un install my display driver which is Intel(R) HD Graphics, I did this which enabled me to get back onto my original login but at a price.

My driver now says that it's VGA, My screen resolution has changed, every app I use crashes constantly as well as any videos/films I play they crash, skip every minute or so.

Yet if I update the driver I end up back at square one, the black screen.

My laptop is an Acer Aspire 5742 with Windows 7.

I've also tried the windows recovery which crashes.
Any help would be much appreciated,

Craig

A:Black Screen death-Linked to Graphics Card!

Welcome to the forum.

Please fill in your computer specs on this link:
http://www.sevenforums.com/profile.php?do=extra

To know your system specs, just use speccy, download link below:
Download Speccy 1.17.340 - FileHippo.com

OR:
Click on the start | Search bar |
type System info

That shall show give you your system specs.

Then follow steps mentioned in this tutorial:
Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

This thread may also give you some information
Why is my screen black when I start Windows 7?

Post back on how far you get.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/249240-black-screen-death-linked-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 74.82%

My card runs fine without the drivers. With drivers installed, I get a black screen on Windows 7 after 20 seconds. Anyone know what this could be?

My onboard video runs just fine as well.

My card is an HIS Radeon 6950 HD.

A:AMD Graphics card gives black screen after updating drivers

try re installing the drivers first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/377604-amd-graphics-card-gives-black-screen-after-updating-drivers.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Currently running a radeon 6850 and decided to upgrade to the Nitro R9 380, when I took my old card out and replaced with the 380 I only get a black screen and the power save mode message on my monitor. I cant figure out the onboard graphics thing because my 6850 is the only thing I see under device manager and in advanced bios there is no setting to disable onboard graphics. I installed the drivers that came with the 380 off of the disc and that didnt help either ...anyone know what I am doing wrong? Baby step walk me through the process because Im somewhat a novice these days lol, my other graphics card continues to work when I plug it back in so its got to be a driver issue unless my motherboard cant handle the new card which I find unlikely

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/386169-black-screen-after-graphics-card-install-nitro-r9-380-a.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello I m from belgium so sorry for my bad english Here is my config ReBoot Black + Graphics Screen Problem Card Drivers Alim ANTEC Neo HE MB ASUS P LD GC MSI Geforce gs fanless Ram Go Corsair Pro Intel Core Duo HDD SATA Go Windows XP SP My problem I ve just format my computer and re install windows xp All is ok but when i try to install the graphic Problem ReBoot Black Screen + Drivers Graphics Card drivers from Problem ReBoot Black Screen + Drivers Graphics Card the nvidia site ver my graphic card is seen as Geforce GTX - I also try with the old cd drivers from MSI and same problem I also try to take off the card from the computer and replace it no change So I think that is not so bad and that i m able to work with this config but Problem ReBoot Black Screen + Drivers Graphics Card the other problem is When i reboot my computer windows - gt restart my screen still black when the pc reboot I can hear the windows startup sound I think that my computer boot normally but without the graphic card - When i trun off the PC and turn it on screen came back and windows appear My question is Problem with drivers Problem with graphics card Problem with motherboard Problem with alim Thank you to have read me and maybe answer Renaud nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-reboot-black-screen-drivers-graphics-card.140171/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi all heres a quick run down of my problem about a month 7 black Windows Graphics and related cursor card - screen ago my pc started having errors at bootup it would get as far as the desktop then freeze the desktop allowing me to still use my mouse but i couldnt select anything and the system would hang After restarting on average about times it would then work and my pc would run perfectly about weeks ago i had a blue screen crash that mentioned something about the display drivers i was using a radeon i figured this with the startup problem must be my graphics card on its way out one day i started my pc and was greeted by my st 'black screen' with cursor and decided enough was enough and took out my graphics card leaving only the on board graphics radeon my pc worked fine for a few days and i decided to try and work out if the problem was software of hardware related so i reinstalled my card this immediatly booted me to the black screen with cursor so strait away Windows 7 black screen and cursor - Graphics card related i took it out again so now im back to my on board graphics however this time the problem has not gone i Windows 7 black screen and cursor - Graphics card related am writing this via safe mode as i am still getting the Windows 7 black screen and cursor - Graphics card related black screen with cursor appear at start up ive tried start up repair which says there is no problem ive tried disabling and uninstalling re installing the onboard graphics but still the black screen anyone have any ideas short of re installing windows thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 black screen and cursor - Graphics card related

Welcome aboard.

First, you are to clean the dust inside the computer, reseat the ram modules, clean the edges with cotton clothes, Reseat the sata and power cables, update the display driver.

Those actions may change the situation there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/256923-windows-7-black-screen-cursor-graphics-card-related.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello I have an emachines with the Trigem IM GL motherboard and Windows XP Home black new now card, BIOS graphics screen, emachines POST, no no SP installed This has the onboard graphics chipset Intel GL graphics memory controller hub I recently installed an ATI Radeon PCI graphics card to get emachines new graphics card, now black screen, no POST, no BIOS better graphics performance This achieved emachines new graphics card, now black screen, no POST, no BIOS the performance increase I needed but after installing the new card the system consistently took about - minutes to boot up and be useable after going through POST There was also the same delay when using the quot switch user quot function I thought this delay might be caused by some internal conflict between the new ATI card and the motherboard onboard graphics So I tried at first disabling and then uninstalling the onboard graphics through Device Manager Display adapters leaving the ATI card as the only adapter On restarting everything worked OK but I still got the same slow boot problem as before Next step was to check the BIOS settings This is a Phoenix BIOS Under the quot Advanced quot menu there is an option to set the primary video adpter to quot PCI quot or quot Onboard quot When I had initially installed the ATI card i e before uninstalling the onboard graphics I changed this to quot PCI quot but subsequently found that setting to this or quot Onboard quot didn t affect the signal output through the ATI card So after uninstalling the onboard graphics probably foolishly I tried changing the the setting back to quot Onboard quot saved settings and restarted Result - system powers on but will not now go through POST and the screen stays black Since there is no video output I can t even get into the BIOS If I switch the monitor lead back to the old onboard graphics socket I get an error message warning to effect that the graphics controller cannot be reverse engineered together with a few coloured flashing symbols This seems to be a default message put out by the onboard grahics chipset indicating it has power but is not communicating with the operating system It seems to me I ve shot myself in the foot I think what I ve done is delete uninstall the onboard graphics controller but tell the BIOS to use it and not the ATI card with the result that on startup the BIOS looks for the onboard graphics can t find it doesn t know to look for the ATI card so then stops starting up Trouble is I can t get into the BIOS to change the settings Can anyone offer a solution to this The only things I can think of doing are Physically remove and replace the ATI card hoping this will force it to be recognised as the primary video adapter during POST Clear the CMOS via the motherboard jumpers to reset to default settings - but not sure what this will do Most drastic - install a new motherboard keeping all my other components CPU HD etc But then I would also need to reinstall the whole OS from scratch and I don t have a full copy of XP so not the cheapest option any help advice would be much appreciated thanks Tony nbsp

A:emachines new graphics card, now black screen, no POST, no BIOS

Start by resetting the cmos. This will reset the bios to the default settings.

Remove the new card from the machine. Hopefully your computer will now boot up ok, using the onboard graphics.

Is your psu putting out enough power for your new graphics card?

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-new-graphics-card-now-black-screen-no-post-no-bios.38514/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello I have an emachines with the Trigem IM GL motherboard and Windows XP Home no screen, no graphics POST, card, BIOS new emachines now black SP installed This has the onboard graphics chipset Intel GL graphics memory controller hub I recently installed an ATI Radeon PCI graphics card to get emachines new graphics card, now black screen, no POST, no BIOS better graphics performance emachines new graphics card, now black screen, no POST, no BIOS This achieved the performance increase I needed but after installing the new card the system consistently took about - minutes to boot up and be useable after going through POST There was also the same delay when using the quot switch user quot function I thought this delay might be caused by some internal conflict between the new ATI card and the motherboard onboard graphics So I tried at first disabling and then uninstalling the onboard graphics through Device Manager Display adapters emachines new graphics card, now black screen, no POST, no BIOS leaving the ATI card as the only adapter On restarting everything worked OK but I still got the same slow boot problem as before Next step was to check the BIOS settings This is a Phoenix BIOS Under the quot Advanced quot menu there is an option to set the primary video adpter to quot PCI quot or quot Onboard quot When I had initially installed the ATI card i e before uninstalling the onboard graphics I changed this to quot PCI quot but subsequently found that setting to this or quot Onboard quot didn t affect the signal output through the ATI card So after uninstalling the onboard graphics probably foolishly I tried changing the the setting back to quot Onboard quot saved settings and restarted Result - system powers on but will not now go through POST and the screen stays black Since there is no video output I can t even get into the BIOS If I switch the monitor lead back to the old onboard graphics socket I get an error message warning to effect that the graphics controller cannot be reverse engineered together with a few coloured flashing symbols This seems to be a default message put out by the onboard grahics chipset indicating it has power but is not communicating with the operating system It seems to me I ve shot myself in the foot I think what I ve done is delete uninstall the onboard graphics controller but tell the BIOS to use it and not the ATI card with the result that on startup the BIOS looks for the onboard graphics can t find it doesn t know to look for the ATI card so then stops starting up Trouble is I can t get into the BIOS to change the settings Can anyone offer a solution to this The only things I can think of doing are Physically remove and replace the ATI card hoping this will force it to be recognised as the primary video adapter during POST Clear the CMOS via the motherboard jumpers to reset to default settings - but not sure what this will do Most drastic - install a new motherboard keeping all my other components CPU HD etc But then I would also need to reinstall the whole OS from scratch and I don t have a full copy of XP so not the cheapest option any help advice would be much appreciated thanks Tony nbsp

A:emachines new graphics card, now black screen, no POST, no BIOS

trljcl said:

2) Clear the CMOS via the motherboard jumpers to reset to default settings - but not sure what this will do.Click to expand...

You should perform this step, but remove the Radeon PCI card first.

The Clear CMOS jumpers are precisely for this kind of mischief- to return BIOS to a known/working state in case the system can't get to or complete it's POST tests.

Once you've cleared the CMOS, you'll need to immediately go into the BIOS setup screens and redo all your settings, date, time, HD's, etc.etc.

At that point, you may reset video to PCI (disable onboard) and re-insert your Radeon. With any luck, Windows will boot and the drivers will still be intact and working.

As far as the pause you are describing before the BIOS fun.. did you install .NET and Catalyst Control Center version of the ATI drivers? These are very likely the cause of your pause/longer boot time and user switching.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-new-graphics-card-now-black-screen-no-post-no-bios.38513/
Relevancy 73.96%

I ve been having some weird oddities with my computer as of late Completely at odd white lines. card my - screen, dying? Black graphics Is random my screen will go black for around - seconds before eventually coming back on again and I m noticing some weird small white horizontal lines randomly appearing across my monitor for about half a Is my graphics card dying? - Black screen, odd white lines. second then disappearing At first I thought I was seeing things but a friend of mine can back me up on this It seems to start and stop randomly but I think it s getting worse Often the screen will go black come back on and then the process repeats several times before it seems to settle down back to normal again The white lines appear while the computer is doing this but not when the screen has gone back They dot all around the screen it s very hard to describe them it doesn t look good anyway I am convinced this is Is my graphics card dying? - Black screen, odd white lines. not my monitor I have a funny feeling it s my Nvidia GTS graphics card bugging out I ve checked the fan and the temperatures and all seems fine I ve re-installed the drivers and it still happens I ve dusted and re-inserted the card no dice It seems to happen completely at random and it s bugging me Has anyone had a similar problem before or might have a clue what is causing this I was planning on upgrading my machine in March anyway but I was hoping my GPU might last a little longer I ve had it for two years or so now Cheers nbsp

A:Is my graphics card dying? - Black screen, odd white lines.

I'd be interested to know what your fps benchmark is. evga oc scanner is good. I have dual 460 gtx and the benchmark is around 95 fps. When I installed these in a new board my screen would go black when I paused for anything i.e. to agree to a download. I get a small vertical line loading a game but it didn't worry me for some reason. My benchs are ok, not impressive. After 2 or 3 restarts it hasn't frozen since. If your temps are good and it benchmarks ok I don't know enough and I'm not confident enough to answer questions. Somebody will help you. They put up with me. This is the best forum I've been on yet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-my-graphics-card-dying-black-screen-odd-white-lines.1039135/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi everyone I have a year old system that was working perfectly with the following specs OS Windows -bit Ultimate SP CPU Intel Core i GHz RAM GB Single Channel DDR MHz Motherboard ASUS P P LE Graphics Card Gigabyte - GV-R OC- GD HDD GB Western Digital WDC WD FAEX- Z A Suddenly one day when I was using the computer normally the screen went black There was no cursor no desktop and Ctrl Alt Del didn't do anything I hard rebooted it started up fine and the windows logon screen appeared However as soon as I typed in my password and hit enter the screen went black again no cursor no desktop and unresponsive Sometimes some funny gray lines would appear on the screen but otherwise it was black I looked extensively for answers on this forum and it seemed to be essentially the same problem as described here Black screen of death in Windows -bit Professional so we used Stevan 's post - Black Card of in Win 7 Ultimate Issue? screen death 64-bit Graphics as a troubleshooting guide We tried virtually everything on Stevan 's list that was relevant Black screen of death in Win 7 64-bit Ultimate - Graphics Card Issue? to my system and just like his experience we never saw the black screen in safe mode My partner and I both have identical systems identical hardware except he runs a Linux OS so I was able to test my graphics card in his system Exactly the same thing Black screen of death in Win 7 64-bit Ultimate - Graphics Card Issue? happened i e computer starts up ok but the screen goes black after the bios screen and never loads the Black screen of death in Win 7 64-bit Ultimate - Graphics Card Issue? desktop We also tried his identical graphics card in my system it's working fine and I'm using it now as I type this Since my graphics card doesn't work in either system but his works in both systems we therefore concluded my graphics card might be faulty It's still under warranty so we sent it back to supplier after they gave us advice over the phone agreeing that it definitely sounded like a graphics card fault However they couldn't find a fault when the card was placed in their system So we asked them to send the card back to the manufacturer and unfortunately Gigabyte couldn't find any fault either Does anyone know why the graphics card wouldn't work in either of our systems but work fine upon testing elsewhere It just doesn't make sense to me I'm trying to decide if I should tell the store to keep the card since it's useless to us or pay for the labor and return shipping and attempt further troubleshooting Any advice or suggestions would be welcome and appreciated Thank you imoani

A:Black screen of death in Win 7 64-bit Ultimate - Graphics Card Issue?

Quote: Originally Posted by imoani

Hi everyone,

I have a 2 year old system that was working perfectly with the following specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5 2400, 3.10 GHz
RAM: 4 GB Single Channel DDR3 821 MHz
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67LE
Graphics Card: Gigabyte - GV-R685OC-1GD
HDD: 932GB Western Digital WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0

Suddenly one day when I was using the computer normally, the screen went black... There was no cursor, no desktop and Ctrl+Alt+Del didn't do anything. I hard rebooted, it started up fine and the windows logon screen appeared. However, as soon as I typed in my password and hit enter, the screen went black again, no cursor, no desktop and unresponsive. Sometimes some funny gray lines would appear on the screen but otherwise it was black.

I looked extensively for answers on this forum and it seemed to be essentially the same problem as described here (Black screen of death in Windows 7 64-bit Professional) so we used Stevan23's post as a troubleshooting guide. We tried virtually everything on Stevan23's list that was relevant to my system, and just like his experience, we never saw the black screen in safe mode.

My partner and I both have identical systems (identical hardware, except he runs a Linux OS), so I was able to test my graphics card in his system. Exactly the same thing happened, i.e. computer starts up ok but the screen goes black after the bios screen and never loads the desktop.

We also tried his identical graphics card in my system; it's working fine and I'm using it now as I type this. Since my graphics card doesn't work in either system but his works in both systems, we therefore concluded my graphics card might be faulty.

It's still under warranty, so we sent it back to supplier (after they gave us advice over the phone agreeing that it definitely sounded like a graphics card fault). However they couldn't find a fault when the card was placed in their system! So we asked them to send the card back to the manufacturer and unfortunately Gigabyte couldn't find any fault either...

Does anyone know why the graphics card wouldn't work in either of our systems but work fine upon testing elsewhere? It just doesn't make sense to me!
I'm trying to decide if I should tell the store to keep the card (since it's useless to us) or pay for the labor and return shipping and attempt further troubleshooting. Any advice or suggestions would be welcome and appreciated.

Thank you
imoani

Boot Windows in Safe Mode (look here if you don't know how to do it: Advanced Boot Options), uninstall all AMD drivers and reboot normally. Then try reinstalling AMD drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/283886-black-screen-death-win-7-64-bit-ultimate-graphics-card-issue.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Not sure where to put this as I haven't gotten help in other forum parts so I am putting it wherever I think it might work Please help me kudos to you if you at least try Computer model Lenovo Y Microsoft th gen i processor It has graphics cards NVIDIA wrong help. card? please graphics Black screen, to Conneted mouse, no GeForce GTX M GBNVIDIA Conneted to wrong graphics card? Black screen, no mouse, please help. GTX M GB GDD gigs RAM Ok my computer is having a problem with a black screen This computer is brand new arrived on the th I was running World of Warships then I closed the laptop and when trying to re-enter I get a black screen Yes I have tried shutting down I can hear the hard drive and can see the power button backlights as well as keyboard backlighting I cannot see the mouse From reading other posts I think it may have auto-selected the wrong graphics card I have never used a TV or other screen with this Please help me with this I am a new windows user having recently immigrated from IOS A detailed explanation would be appreciated because I have no idea Conneted to wrong graphics card? Black screen, no mouse, please help. how to do that much Perhaps a graphics card issue Apps I had installed SteamTeam Fortress OperaChromeFirefoxWar ThunderHeroes and Generals I hadn't messed with any settings

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/35900-conneted-wrong-graphics-card-black-screen-no-mouse-please-help.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi all heres a quick run down of my problem about a month ago my pc started having errors at bootup it would get Graphics 7 - card boot screen Windows black and cursor related as far as the desktop then freeze the desktop allowing me to still use my mouse but i couldnt select anything and the system would hang After restarting on average about times it would then work and my pc would run perfectly about weeks ago i had a blue screen crash that mentioned something about the display drivers i was using a radeon i figured this with the startup problem must be my graphics card on its way Windows 7 black screen and cursor boot - Graphics card related out one day i started my pc and was greeted by my st 'black screen' with cursor and decided enough was enough and took out my graphics card leaving only the on board graphics radeon my pc worked fine for a few days and Windows 7 black screen and cursor boot - Graphics card related i decided to try and work out if the problem was software of hardware related so i reinstalled my card this immediatly booted me to the black screen Windows 7 black screen and cursor boot - Graphics card related with cursor so strait away i took it out again so now im back to my on board graphics however this time the problem has not gone i am writing this via safe mode as i am still getting the black screen with cursor appear at start up ive tried start up repair which says there is no problem ive tried disabling and uninstalling re installing the onboard graphics but still the black screen anyone have any ideas short of re installing windows thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 black screen and cursor boot - Graphics card related

In Safe Mode I would run "chkdsk /r" from a cmd prompt for "c" drive on the hard drive as this sounds like a hard drive issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-black-screen-and-cursor-boot-graphics-card-related-669362.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I recently had an issue, whereby my computer would no longer startup for unknown reasons. In order to fix this, i found a windows 7 cd (previously windows 8) and installed it. It was all going well until i attempted to update my graphics card driver. Each time i do so, i get as far as the windows logo on startup, the computer somewhat reboots, and it goes straight to a black screen with only my mouse visible. Every time, i have to go into safe mode, uninstall the driver, and carry on without. My graphics card doesn't appear in the 'windows experience index' under either 'graphics' or 'gaming graphics'. Any help would make me a very happy boy, thanks!

A:updating Graphics card driver results in black screen after start up

Have you tried waiting for at least 5 minutes before everything gets back up running? It also happens to me everytime I update something and restarts and everything gets ready up on a minute.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/363305-updating-graphics-card-driver-results-black-screen-after-start-up.html
Relevancy 73.53%

So i just bought a new Gigabyte GTX 770, had a 650 before and everything worked. I have the Gigabyte GA-970a-ud3 mainboard with 2 PCI-E Slots, both 16x but one runs with 4x. If i put the graphics card in the top slot (16x) LEDs light up and fans start running , i hear the windows 7 welcome screen sound through the speakers but the screen stays black, but if i put the card in the bottom slot (4x) everything works, besides the fact that the graphics card is slow as hell.
Both PCI power cables plugged into it, i tried removing all drivers, resetting cmos.
I dont know what could possibly be wrong but maybe you do, so thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bought-new-graphics-card-computer-starts-but-screen-stays-black.1119337/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi Yall So I have successfully I think installed my new Radeon R quot low profile quot graphics card on my Dell Optiplex nbsp I plugged it in the motherboard started up the computer then went to Device Manager to update the drivers--which I did nbsp Side note Ever since plugging the graphics card into the motherboard some tasks like starting programs or starting windows take - X as long as they used to nbsp Anyhow it then asked for a restart which I did nbsp The computer still took extra long to start any program and when I plugged the monitor into the graphics card all I got was a black screen nbsp Take two nbsp I then read that I should have uninstalled my current graphics driver Intel integrated HD graphics before I installed my new graphics card but failing this I could uninstall my old graphics card and change card. the graphics screen Dell card 9020. Black into on the I R7 when 250 Just plug Radeon Optiplex Help! "installed" my monitor the default graphics card in the bios nbsp I uninstalled the old card and went to the bios but could not change the default can t remember exactly what it called it graphics controller or something nbsp I could see that intel HD graphics was still the default this is after uninstalling intel HD graphics and Just "installed" Radeon R7 250 graphics card on my Dell Optiplex 9020. Black screen when I plug the monitor into the card. Help! then restarting but could find no way to change this nbsp Supposedly dell will make the switcheroo on its own but it doesn t seem to have nbsp Take three nbsp Next I physically removed the graphics card restarted the computer then physically inserted the graphics card again then started the computer again no I did not insert the card while the computer was on nbsp I m not sure what else to try nbsp The computer still starts programs exceedingly slowly and still gives me a black screen when I try to plug the monitor into the graphics card--which the computer recognizes as existing in the Device Manager nbsp What is more the Intel HD graphics card that I uninstalled appears to have reinstalled itself as it is now visible again in the Device Manager plus it has the little control program accessible from the quot hidden icons quot popup menu off of the toolbar in the lower right-hand corner nbsp I can t help but think that if I could get the bios to prefer the radeon card I d be set--but I don t see an option for this nbsp Help

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19996940
Relevancy 72.67%

Ok. I got a new 8800gts 320mb, and it requires 2 power cables to run, but i only have 1 available. so i thought i'd disconnect the lead for the extra dvd drive i have, and use that. so i just unplugged that cable, and (without inserting the new graphics card) attemped to start up the computer. it turned on, and the intel logo came up, but instead of the windows logo, the monitor went in and out of standby mode in the space of 3 seconds, and then i got a black screen with the monitor turned on, and the fans going.

so i plugged the cable back into the dvd drive, and it's working fine. what could be the problem. i dont want to try something stupid and break the new card

Thanks in advance

A:Plugged out power from extra dvd drive for graphics card. black screen on startup

It might help to list your system specifications. It sounds like your power supply is insufficient but I'm flying blind.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/plugged-out-power-from-extra-dvd-drive-for-graphics-card-black-screen-on-startup.87192/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi, my video card died this morning so I installed one from a different computer. I have a three year old Dell Vostro 410 running XP Pro. I took out an nvidia G310DE from a different Dell computer and put it into my computer. I managed to get a display so I uninstalled the old ATI drivers, restarted and installed the new nvidia drivers. When I restarted, I got a black screen with a white square cursor after the windows splash screen. I can boot into safe mode with no issues though. I've tried the driver from the nvidia website, the dell CD, and let windows look for drivers. Each time, I get the same result.

I've been at this for the past 4 hours now and can't think of what else to do. Thanks for your help!

A:Installed new graphics card and drivers - Black screen with white box cursor on start up

<<I've tried the driver from the nvidia website, the dell CD, and let windows look for drivers>>

Why would you use the drivers from the Dell CD...which I would think are only for the Intel onboard video?

Did you disable the onboard video in the BIOS settings?

Did you completely uninstall all the ATI software...both via Device Manager and via Add/Remove Programs?

I think I'd take a look at Device Manager and see what's reflected there.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/422332/installed-new-graphics-card-and-drivers-black-screen-with-white-box-cursor-on-start-up/
Relevancy 71.81%

I replaced the graphics card on a spare PC, but couldn't install it so changed back to the old one, but before doing so, disabled the monitor. Actually I went into Display Properties and then Monitor, Properties and under Device Usage at bottom, clicked on 'Do not use this device (disable)'

Question is, how do I re-enable it? BTW, I have it networked to other PC but can only get into shared docs

Anyway, now I get a screen view until Windows kicks in and then it goes totally blank (though I can hear Windows start via the speakers)

I've tried to start it in safe mode but it just stops with a list of driver names without going into safe mode (just seems to hang)

I tried using the last known good configuration but this didn't help either

Help please!

Thanks, Stephen

A:Changed graphics card-then disabled monitor,now black screen.Not even safe mode works

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changed-graphics-card-then-disabled-monitor-now-black-screen-not-even-safe-mode-works.687440/
Relevancy 67.51%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium "Black new a inhstalling card, after power supply Screen" SP1, and graphics Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model "Black Screen" after inhstalling SP1, a new graphics card, and power supply Stepping Processor "Black Screen" after inhstalling SP1, a new graphics card, and power supply Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX SE Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MSI A C Antivirus Norton Updated and Enabled This "Black Screen" after inhstalling SP1, a new graphics card, and power supply has happened times - once while I was only watching a video online ahnd twice when I d play The Sims The screen goes back and it just restarts When the computer would restart I d receive the quot unexpected shutdown quot error but the computer will run smoothly until I do something that wills trigger it to happen again I have two of the error logs Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA A E BCP FFFFF FE C BCP FFFFFFFFC A BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Kate AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA DDDB B BCP FFFFF FE C BCP FFFFFFFFC A BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Kate AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml As I recently installed three notable things I m not sure exactly which is the problem but I assume the graphics because in Action Center these events are listed under quot Address a problem with NVIDIA Graphics Driver quot where it had apparently stopped working Please help me out nbsp

A:"Black Screen" after inhstalling SP1, a new graphics card, and power supply

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-after-inhstalling-sp1-a-new-graphics-card-and-power-supply.985632/
Relevancy 64.93%

OK so admin at warrock said try the forum the forum kept yielding advice that was no help I have tried uninstalling reinstalling downloading setup from different places I have updated my winxp in a futile attempt to get it working but still have problem The one remedy I couldn t try was change compatibility mode to xp but for some reason my xp compatibility options only range to win The open warrock on warrock graphics Black load no Issue sounds but Screen Graphics file works Graphics Issue on warrock Black Screen sounds load but no graphics then the g page comes up and I press the enter Graphics Issue on warrock Black Screen sounds load but no graphics button hackshield starts fine then I get the wallpaper before you get to logon screen with servers at this point ratherthan tabs to choose from I get a black screen I can hear the image maps respond but cant see anything please help ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name BLACK-PC Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer INTEL System Model D GRGK BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab The file vinyl sys is not digitally signed which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft s Windows Hardware Quality Labs WHQL You may be able to get a WHQL logo d driver from the hardware manufacturer Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce MX Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce MX DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Default Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name nv disp dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD nv mini sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B E E- - CF- - BA C CB Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x A Revision ID x A Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG B ModeMPEG C ModeMPEG D Deinterlace Caps DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FA... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-issue-on-warrock-black-screen-sounds-load-but-no-graphics.936251/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi I recently starting working on upgrading an old Lenovo H I purchased a EVGA GTX and a W power supply along with a new case I plugged in my video card before I installed the new drivers and it did not boot up It Black on, on Screen graphics, board Graphics and c... gave me a black screen After this I unplugged the video card and tried it with the integrated graphics which were working before I moved everything to the new case and switched power supplies I got all the adapters After I did this the integrated graphics VGA still gave me a black screen I then performed a CMOS reset by moving the pin thing tried this multiple times I dont even know if I did this correctly And by removing the battery next to the pins for minutes Just for additional information Everything is powering on And I do assume the motherboard is working since I can directly power it on by the front case switch

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/Black-Screen-on-on-board-graphics-and-Graphics-card-GTX-950/td-p/3365130
Relevancy 60.2%

Built a new machine with a geforce 5200fx 128mb, 512ddr pc3200 kingston ram, 2.4ghtz and a 120gig maxtor harddisk. Now i don't have a moniter so i use my tv as the moniter and it has been that way for 3 weeks and gave no problems. Just today i put on my machine and all of a sudden its showing black and grey. Have not made any changes to anything. What could have caused that???

A:HELP....graphics card showing grey and black on tv

check to make sure that no-one messed with the tv color...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-graphics-card-showing-grey-and-black-on-tv.301550/
Relevancy 60.2%

I recently bought a new graphics card to update but monitor New graphics is is AGP fan black turning card: an old New AGP graphics card: fan is turning but monitor is black desktop Dell Optiplex GX Mini Tower with the hope of a mediocre home theater PC After much research I bought a HIS ATI HD MB DDR graphics card However I m having trouble getting it to display video The power supply is just the New AGP graphics card: fan is turning but monitor is black factory Dell W max unit A on V The graphics card company recommends a W supply but everywhere I have read has said that my power supply should EASILY handle this graphics card I have read about several people using much less watts and amps and having no problems I wish I had an extra power supply to test the computer with but I don t have one So this is the next step unless there is something I m missing hopefully So basically what is happening is that the computer has no problems if I use the integrated graphics and associated VGA output However once I put the AGP card into the slot the monitor acts like it is not getting a signal from either the graphics card or the factor VGA port The rest of the computer is getting plenty of power and I m pretty sure that it is fully booting into windows but the monitor is blank As far as the card the fan is spinning and it seems to be getting power but there is just not video output I ve tried the VGA DVI and HDMI inputs I ve adjusted the AGP aperture in bios and nothing changed I ve also tried disconnecting everything but the PSU fan hard drive and video card but this made no difference I have tried uninstalling the integrated graphics driver as well as having the most recent one installed I don t have another computer with an AGP slot to try the card in I m at a loss for what could be going on since it seems to be getting power Here is my info from CPU-Z CPU Intel P Northwood Socket mPGA Ghz MHz bus speed MHz rated FSB L Cache KB L KB Motherboard Dell H Intel i chipset Bios Dell A updated to this and it didn t help Memory GB DDR Dual Channel Graphics Intel G Integrated Graphics Controller OS Windows XP SP DirectX C Any ideas If I can t get it working soon I need to ship it back to Newegg to meet the return policy so I d appreciate some quick help Thanks nbsp

A:New AGP graphics card: fan is turning but monitor is black

The specs for this card show that 300 watts is the minimum spec for a power supply. Make sure the first video device in the bios is set for AGP and not PCI video

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-agp-graphics-card-fan-is-turning-but-monitor-is-black.148499/
Relevancy 60.2%

just installed a xfx nvidea gs AGP in someone elses pc they had a gt card before hand and the PC was working fine under that card the monitor was plugged into the GT as DVI and ive done the same with the we have checked all the connections taken them out re connected them again the PSU black installed Solved: card graphics and out. new is watt so there should be no problem there but when we put the gs in the monitor the monitor does not come on quot no signal quot there is power in the machine we can hear windows booting up and the fans ect are working there is just no power Solved: installed new graphics card and black out. going to the monitor any ideas ive thought of the card being a dud but id like some different opinions oh and yes i have connected the Solved: installed new graphics card and black out. molex power lead to the rear of the graphics card Spec of this PC is as follows venice AMD gb HD UDMA Abit AV - RD Eye Skt K t pro xAGP ATX Gigabit Solved: installed new graphics card and black out. LAN SATA RAID IEEE ch Audio Guru USB motherboard x mb kingston PC DDR XP home edition watt PSU Trust ViewSonic VA WB nbsp

A:Solved: installed new graphics card and black out.

Thread closed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-installed-new-graphics-card-and-black-out.688423/
Relevancy 60.2%

I purchased a video card on local etrade and it arrived today Upon inspecting the card i notice there s black deposits on card black/green Graphics PCB green deposits on back refer to linked pictures http i photobucket com albums ag manuleka IMG zps b jpg http i photobucket com albums ag manuleka IMG zps b e jpg http i photobucket com albums ag manuleka IMG zps d b f jpg can someone tell me what this could be I have notified the seller and he acknowleges its existence and Quarantees that the card works fine I asked what he thinks could have caused it and he said he had no idea but he hasn t had any problem with card at all I have tested it and it seems to run fine Fans idle at and is a bit louder than my near new Gigabyte GTX which is at Graphics card black/green deposits on PCB idle Card is old dusty and out of warranty so i think a good cleaning and fresh thermal re-application would help Graphics card black/green deposits on PCB lower fan idle speed but am just unsure what the black deposits are and whether it can be easily cleaned I am in the process of deciding whether to return for a refund or keeping it thanks for any advice nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Hello Im having trouble with this black border I have around my screen I recently installed a AMD Radeon Graphics card and resolution was changed and it all looked different My monitor is a Samsung inch LED HDMI Monitor VGA previously now it is connected through a DVI adapter for the graphics card And when installed the graphics card it set it automatically to x I had to change this in AMD CCC to x Monitor only just came with Black card?! with Border Graphics newly installed the Vga cable and doesnt look like it has a HDMI port on the back of the monitor Later i noticed a inch black border and i tried Black Border with newly installed Graphics card?! all week to find the solution but I couldn't I did what everyone did I tried finding the overscan underscan options in CCC but it wasn't there I tried auto adjusting the monitor itself I had the latest drivers for the graphics card amp I tried changing the resolution and all sorts funny thing is when i didnt have a graphics card it all looked fine and no border or anything amp even my USB slots don't work on the computer anymore Please help cause im in two minds whether to give back the graphics card or keep it here are my PC specs also - Processor - AMD A - K APU with Radeon tm graphics - RAM GB

A:Black Border with newly installed Graphics card?!

If I'm not mistaken, it will be found under "My Digital Flat Panels" in "Scaling Options (Digital Flat Panel)", on an external display. Or so that's where I find it on my notebook's legacy CCC.

Looks to be the same on the newer one:
Not really sure what to tell you about the USB. First place I'd check would be Device Manager, look for an "!" next to it = might need a driver update. If you're really unlucky, it could be a controller burnout.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/355791-black-border-newly-installed-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Recently I noticed that my resolution was maxed at and i couldnt go any higher than disabled cant blank screen graphics now and Solved: accidently card, card re-enable that and in all of my frustration and attempts to figure out why this was occuring i managed to disable my graphics card and now upon startup everything seems fine while the windows XP logo loading page is up then when the blue screen should Solved: accidently disabled graphics card, now blank screen and cant re-enable card appear and the desktop all i get is a blank screen It seems like the comp is startin properly just that i have no graphics Ive tried to go into safe mode but while it begins to Solved: accidently disabled graphics card, now blank screen and cant re-enable card load it then stops at agp sys which i then disabled in the recovery console but then it just stops at the Solved: accidently disabled graphics card, now blank screen and cant re-enable card previous process and so on Does anyone know how I can re-enable my graphics card or fix this problem about not being able to get into safe mode I cant find anywhere in BIOS where I can re-enable it I ve also taken out the mobo batt and reset CMOS settings but still no go Any help would be hugely appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: accidently disabled graphics card, now blank screen and cant re-enable card

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-accidently-disabled-graphics-card-now-blank-screen-and-cant-re-enable-card.598471/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello friends

sometimes happen that I am using my PC and suddenly the sceen goes back with a small white box in the middle and has a short message that says:

<input is not supported>

and this massage starts moving gradually from the center of the screen to up right corner and keep moving to al corners of the screen,
I tried to press all the keys of the keyboard but no thing happend, and the amazing that all the other programs, TV, music, radio they keep working,
where this black layer come from?
the only soltion to get back is to unplug and restard my PC,
this happens oftenly, sometimes once a month, or twice.

My OS: Wind XP, SP3, computer Acer, Screen: Acer 19" , screen resolution: 1024X 768

any idea about this issue? and any solution for it?
I will appreciate, thanks a lot,
the regards.

A:A black layer hid the screen graphics

Have you run your anti virus, and anti malware programs? Could be a rogue program that got onto the computer.
vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-black-layer-hid-the-screen-graphics.868548/
Relevancy 58.05%

I own a HP Notebook Pavilion dm4 1350en running Windows 7 with a ATI Radeon 6370M and Intel HD Graphics Cards.My Notebook shows up a black screen when both are working then restarts.I installed the drivers from the manufacturers site but still had the same problem.When I open dxdiag it shows no graphics card. Both Graphics Cards hardware are in good condition but the problem persists.Please help!

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/379220-graphics-drivers-not-working-black-screen.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I did a clean install of windows 7, then i installed firefox, avast and utorrent. I then downloaded the newest graphics drivers from nvidia, I have a GeForce 7300, and installed. After I rebooted the screen went completely black after the "starting windows..." screen. And the monitor goes into sleep mode displaying: "No signal input"

Anyone know how I can fix this?

A:Black screen after installing graphics drivers

Hi Muscar

Try SAFE MODE, press F8.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/26150-black-screen-after-installing-graphics-drivers.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: 860A9008
BCP2: 9780E72A
BCP3: C000009A
BCP4: 00000004
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\080814-23166-01.dmp
C:\Users\Woodson\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-250490-0.sysdata.xml

A:Screen has been going black (twice) since graphics driver update

I haven't done anything else major besides updating the graphics driver (nvidia), so my best guess right now is that's what's causing it. What can I do? Both times the screen has died I've had to manually shut down, both were during very inopportune times, and I can't have it keep happening. Thanks guys.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/screen-has-been-going-black-twice-since-graphics-driver-update-876657.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello all thank you for taking some time to help me with this I bought a new PC from PCSpecialist months ago and I have just found out I can t send it back to them for a repair because I have reseated my graphics card - it says that basically moving anything about voids my warranty So I thought I d crack this on my own with your help I have Intel Core i k GHz Asus P P New Rev Gb Kingston Hyper-X DDR Mhz Gb AMD Radeon HD Gb OCZ Vertex Series SSD Tb WD Caviar Black W Quiet plus Quad Rail PSU Win SP I think The problem in summary Screen started showing some snowy lines near the top and the screen split into two - the right third of the screen on the left and the left two thirds on the right I found that this was solved through right clicking on the youtube video and disallowing graphics acceleration About a month later it started happening again now but also turned the screen black with only screen of Graphics + death! problem Black re-starting it getting it back It then stopped turning on at all still black screen but now had a beep code of one long and three short I read that it could be the graphics card needing to be reseated so I thought I d try it - hence no warranty anymore Sigh I reseated the card Graphics problem + Black screen of death! easily but still found that black screen my monitor said quot No Signal Input quot So I switched it from Graphics problem + Black screen of death! the top blue PCI slot to the bottom black PCI slot which seemed to solve it for day Then the same thing happened and now I m stuck with what I wonder is a fairly new graphics card that s broken a PCI slot that doesn t work and my new dream system that I worked so hard to buy completely space junk Right now I turn the computer on and after the quot Starting Windows quot screen it just goes black and instead of saying quot No signal input quot it now says quot HDMI quot so it must be recognising that it s there but it s not working right Or is it the motherboard s PCI slot that s gone I would appreciate any help what so ever because I am already far beyond my capabilities as I am sure you can tell Thank you so much guys S nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Have been waiting for NVIDIA to fix their driver since windows 10 release. I tried the latest driver from windows update and they still crash to black screen on my Asus GT610, rolling back to the windows 8 driver and everything is fine.

Anyone else having trouble or know a fix for latest driver.

A:Graphics driver crashing to black screen - GT-610

I am getting TDR's

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/25333-graphics-driver-crashing-black-screen-gt-610-a.html
Relevancy 58.05%

im running a pc with windows xp, i have a 16 mb ati rage 128 ultra which i just found out uses an agp slot. I bought a nvidia Geforce8400 that uses a pci slot. the 8400 is installed and it tells me that it is working properly, but when i switch my moniter to the new card, all i get is a black screen.

so i have these questions. 1. should i return my geforce 8400 and buy a GeForce 6200 Video Card that will fit in my agp slot?

2. or can i use the 8400 that i have? and if so, how do i do it?

A:changing graphics cards = black screen

OK, you are missing a few steps when attempting to install your card.

1 With the old card still installed, uninstall the driver for the card.
2 Shutdown and pull out your old card
3 Install the new card in a pci slot; connect monitor. Note your bios may need to be set to use pci video. Read your manual.
4 Pw ON and see if you get a display on your monitor.

FWIW with that old of a card now installed, I would think the agp slot is a 1X or 2X. This will not work with a modern agp type card which needs 4/8X to work.

If the above procedure does not work, I would NOT be putting any money into such an old system. It is not cost effective.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-graphics-cards-black-screen.854572/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello all. I disabled my Intel HD graphics (dumb I know but it's in the past), and was prompted with a blank, black screen. I read up on the problem, and it seemed as if though it was a common problem, so I kinda did some tinkering. I removed my graphics card as my battery was bellow it, and then removed the battery for about 10 mins. After putting everything back together, I had no success.
The monitor is still working as I hooked up an older pc to it to see if it still works (which it does).
Any tips?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-disabled-intel-hd-graphics-and-i-have-a-black-screen.1157500/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hey its Razor1352, I've been updating my graphics driver (Nvidia GeForce 9300M GS) and it's the correct version and after a while of the installation my screen turns black. Help me please?!?!?! I want to play minecraft with my friends.

My Computer:
Windows 7 Professional x32
Nvidia GeForce 9300M GS
Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM)2 Duo CPU P7450 @ 2.13GHz 2.13GHz
Ram: 3.00 GB

A:Black Screen after updating graphics driver

try boot to safe mode, and roll back the driver installation

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/249473-black-screen-after-updating-graphics-driver.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi I recently starting working on upgrading an old Lenovo H I purchased a EVGA GTX and a W power supply along with a new case I plugged in my video card before I installed the new drivers and it did not boot up It gave me a black screen After this I unplugged the video card and tried it with the integrated graphics which were working before on graphics, - Black Grap... on, and board H50 Screen I moved everything to the new case and switched power supplies I got all the adapters After I did this the integrated graphics VGA still gave me a black screen I then performed a CMOS reset by moving the pin thing tried this multiple times I dont even know if I did this correctly And by removing the battery next to the pins for minutes Just for additional information Everything H50 - Black Screen on, on board graphics, and Grap... is powering on And I do assume the motherboard is working since I can H50 - Black Screen on, on board graphics, and Grap... directly power it on by the front case switch nbsp Mod's Edit System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility clarity nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/H50-Black-Screen-on-on-board-graphics-and-Graphics-card-GTX-950/td-p/3365130
Relevancy 58.05%

Hey all having some graphics card problems and would appreciate any help I built two identical computers for my parents from spare driver? graphics screen after installing Black parts and some new components just to give them something to use until they can buy something newer Both work fine with the onboard graphics but video Black screen after installing graphics driver? play back Black screen after installing graphics driver? performance is obviously low very choppy Trying to install an upgraded graphics card and does the same thing in both systems System specs Dell Optiplex GX Windows XP home SP GHz Pentium GB ram Onboard graphics is Black screen after installing graphics driver? Intel G Graphics card I m trying to install is a PNY VCG APG This is a Nvidia Geforce card ddr mb x AGP interface Should mention the card was new last winter and hasn t been installed in any other PC s When I install the card and boot up it shows the specs of the graphics card in the upper left corner Goes through the normal bios and windows boot screens Windows opens in a low res graphics mode says found new hardware etc etc loads nvidia driver from windows update and prompts a reboot After the reboot it goes through the load screens again and shows the windows boot screen with the progress bar for about seconds then just goes black Monitor says quot no signal quot and goes into stand by If I restart in safe mode I get a signal back and can open windows but in low res of course Tried updating driver with the newest one from nvidia s website and no go Does the same thing All other drivers on the system are up to date Tried going into the bios setup too integrated devices-- gt primary video controller gives option for quot auto quot or quot AGP quot when the card is plugged in With the card removed it gives quot auto quot or quot onboard quot options Tried setting it to AGP and still nothing Help nbsp

A:Black screen after installing graphics driver?

Did you get this fixed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-after-installing-graphics-driver.194843/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hey guys I thought I'd share my experiences for those who may have similar setups I have a Sager NP laptop with AMD Intel switchable graphics I did a clean install using an ISO I got from Mosharino's 8.1 screen setup, 4th Graphics, / ATI Intel Gen black beautiful thread up there You MUST install the latest Intel graphics drivers and then DO NOT REBOOT for you MUST ALSO install the latest ATI drivers beta right now If you don't do both you will get Intel 4th Gen / ATI Graphics, 8.1 setup, black screen black screen of fun when you do reboot BSOF Not as fun as it sounds As far as upgrading rather than a clean install if you upgrade you will likely get the black screen anyways So what you have to Intel 4th Gen / ATI Graphics, 8.1 setup, black screen do is reboot to safe mode after the upgrade completes oh you'll know cause all you can see if a black screen with a mouse cursor and remove both graphics devices device manager right click the graphics adapter uninstall Then you can boot into Windows normally albeit with sh te graphics Then do the installs as I outlined above After a couple of reboots you should should have a functioning machine again that doesn't even look like sh te Hopefully this helps someone who had the same issues I did Both x and x versions can be found here https downloadcenter intel com Sea amp FamilyId AMD Catalyst Notebook Display Driver

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/33723-intel-4th-gen-ati-graphics-8-1-setup-black-screen.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,

I updated my ATI HD 5770 drivers today, and rebooted. Afterwards, the login screen sound played, but nothing was visible.

I booted into safe mode and deleted the video drivers and attempted to install some working ones - the same issue occured (Windows Update).

Can anyone give me a hand in finding the correct drivers to install?

Windows 7 HP 64 Bit
ATI Radeon HD 5770

Cheers :)

A:Video card drivers - black screen on login screen

Resolved. I was a retard and didn't realize it was showing the desktop on my TV which was on a different display.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/video-card-drivers-black-screen-on-login-screen-676105.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Issue After updating my AMD Radeon graphic s drivers through the device manager I got a black screen and could not get my screen back nbsp Things I have tried nbsp -I have completely power down and unplugged everything to release an static electricity -I removed the CMOS battery from perhaps other issues Screen Update and after Black Graphics Drivers the motherboard Black Screen and perhaps other issues after Graphics Drivers Update and put it back in after a few minutes to try to boot into safe mode -This caused the computer to produce a repeating loop of beeps when I initially started the computer I powered it down and the next morning I booted Black Screen and perhaps other issues after Graphics Drivers Update the computer back up and there are no beeps History of this computer I had purchased a Dell Inspiron s Desktop around years ago and have been using it since I knew nothing about computer specifications back then and I would not have purchased that model if I had known what I know now nbsp I had added a new graphics card to the desktop around three years ago and had great trouble doing so I do not remember which one it exactly was but it was an AMD Radeon low profile card that was recommended to me for use in the s I believe I had PSU issues when first installing it but it after a great deal of different solutions I eventually got it to work nbsp I have run into issues where the graphics card caused my monitor not to show anything It has been a while Black Screen and perhaps other issues after Graphics Drivers Update so I do not know what had caused the issue or exactly how I fixed it I do remember that I had to remove the graphics card and rely on the integrated graphics so I could get the drivers for the new card working I am currently without my normal tools because I am away from my house for a while My monitor accepts VGA DVI and HDMI but I only have my DVI cable with me and that is the attachment for the graphics card The integrated graphics only outputs VGA or HDMI so I am probably going to go and get an HDMI cable today I believe my issue is that when updating the graphics drivers there was a bad driver installed I don t know how to remove that bad driver without being able to see my screen I also think that with removing and putting back the CMOS battery there could be more issues now upon boot up of computer Thanks for any help you can give Matthew

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19992216
Relevancy 57.19%

I bought a Geforce GT GT graphics Screen be... hp-8 Geforce 720 Black no upgrade 1214 for my hp- Desktop It has a M AM-HP Angelica motherboard I uninstalled my drivers for my current card removed the hardware and replaced it with my new geforce card The computer will turn on get to an hp screen that hp-8 1214 graphics upgrade Geforce GT 720 Black Screen no be... says press esc key for start up menu After pressing any key on that screen the monitor goes black hp-8 1214 graphics upgrade Geforce GT 720 Black Screen no be... nbsp There are no beeping noises from the graphics card at any time The only thing I can do is shut it down once I get to that hp screen I think there is a problem with my bios and uefi support I have updated my bios via the hp website but I cannot for the life of me get this graphics card to work Is there a step that i missed during installation I had tried to research this prior to buying my card and I was under the impression that anything before geforce would work with my mobo I am new to this so maybe I made a mistake Is there anything that can be done to fix this issue aside from adjusting hardware Should I be returning my geforce for something else or is there some troubleshooting advice that can help me nbsp I have been trying to find some sort of utility that will upgrade my bios but I don't want to brick my system Thanks for any help

A:hp-8 1214 graphics upgrade Geforce GT 720 Black Screen no be...

@MichaelsHP?, welcome to the forum. I believe that your problem is that the GT 720 requires UEFI in the motherboard instead of a standard BIOS. There is no way to upgrade the motherboard to UEFI.  The last video cards not to require UEFI were the GTX 660/670's.  I suggest contacting the manufacturer's Tech Support to see if they have a VBIOS update that will the card to work with a standard/Legacy BIOS. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/hp-8-1214-graphics-upgrade-Geforce-GT-720-Black-Screen-no/td-p/5693715
Relevancy 57.19%

prologue A while back I posted a thread on here about how Age of Empires II wasn't working in Vista on my laptop I never got it to work but just today I tried playing it on my XP box where it used to Screen to - XP a Boots Black Disabled Now Driver Graphics work - and I got the same error Disabled Graphics Driver - Now XP Boots to a Black Screen as in Vista Well someone on a different forum suggested disabling the graphics driver to play the game as did the last commenter on my thread so I figured I'd try that I did but I still got the same error so I decided to turn the driver back on prologue And there was where the real problems started I couldn't figure out how to re-enable my graphics driver When I went to do so right-click on background Properties Settings Advanced Adaptor if I remember correctly it showed my VGA un-accelerated driver instead I thought perhaps if I disabled this it would revert to my Radeon card I thought wrong When I restarted my computer after the Windows loading screen I saw nothing Nothing at all A black screen Now I knew Windows was functioning because when I did the keystrokes to log in I got the sound effect but the display was obviously disabled Duh But how to get it back again I asked around on IRC and I was recommended to try starting in safe mode and deleting my drivers so that they'd be reinstalled Whether that would have been a good idea or not I'll never know because safe mode wouldn't work either Instead the names of various system files scrolled by and then stopped leaving a screenful of text ending with Mup sys I waited twenty minutes and after nothing happened I asked for help on IRC again People told me to use my Windows installation CD to repair XP so I did But when the computer restarted afterward I again got the Windows loading screen and then blackness Undoubtedly it was finishing the installation while I was staring at my screen but of course I couldn't tell So now I'm asking here what should I do Thanks for your help

A:Disabled Graphics Driver - Now XP Boots to a Black Screen

Odd that Safe Mode didn't work. From the same boot menu try selecting VGA Mode and see if you get a display then. If so then remove the graphics drivers, reboot and allow Windows to re-install them.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/disabled-graphics-driver-now-xp-boots-to-a-black-screen-343690.html
Relevancy 57.19%

A friend of my parents recently gave them this PC without any background and they gave it to me When trying to boot it up after a few seconds it just gives long beeps alongside and 6 no ca... screen black long HP beeps startup on - graphics orange flashes of the power LED After that it goes back to blue and nothing is displayed on the screen nbsp After a lot of looking around people seem to say it is a graphics card issue but this PC does not have a graphics card and never did warranty HP 6 long beeps on startup and black screen - no graphics ca... seal was still on it when I got it I have tried two different graphics cards in HP 6 long beeps on startup and black screen - no graphics ca... it HD and GT and both graphics cards along with integrated graphics still give the beeps nbsp Some sources say it's the Secure Boot that needs to be disabled in the BIOS but I can not get into the BIOS Even by pressing F or F on startup it still has the same result of going straight to the beeps and blank screen nbsp I have tried reseating the CPU i - swapping it out for an i - trying different sticks of RAM and different hard drives Still nothing every time HP 6 long beeps on startup and black screen - no graphics ca... booting up it gives the beeps nbsp Any help

A:HP 6 long beeps on startup and black screen - no graphics ca...

Have you tried resetting the BIOS settings?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-6-long-beeps-on-startup-and-black-screen-no-graphics-card/td-p/5603814
Relevancy 56.76%

I'm a bit worried basically I was updating Intel graphics driver and while it was updating the screen went black for a couple of seconds then the screen was back to normal. I'm using a windows 7 laptop

A:While updating Graphics driver is the screen suppose to turn black?

Yes it is normal. What is happening is the old driver is being uninstalled before the new, and the brief black screen is the time between that happening.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/286417-while-updating-graphics-driver-screen-suppose-turn-black.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi,
The problem started in December when Windows 10 updated itself. The screen simply turns black after booting. (Dell symbol appears but black after)
I have found a couple of things out:
- laptop screen works if Intel graphics are disabled
- external screen works on hdmi
- I can access BIOS screen
I have clean installed Windows 10 several times with no success even when upgrading drivers. I have also tried a clean install of Windows 8.1 (which never had an issue before I upgraded) however this also gives the same issue.
I have updated and reset the BIOS with no success.
The laptop also has an nVidia graphics card also but I don't think it is at fault
I'm pretty much out of ideas as to what to try next!
Any help is much appreciated
Thanks
Sam

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19981066
Relevancy 56.76%

Help, I have been trying to solve this issue for some time now, the problem is that my screen turns black on startup after the microsoft recommended graphics driver installation? what do I do?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/399326-my-screen-turns-black-after-recommended-intel-hd-graphics-install.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have been running on my home-built Windows PC now for several months without problems I have a Radeon HD but in the last few days it has been giving me some strange problems At first sometimes when I wake the computer from sleep it would turn on like normal but immediately after screen, black reboot forced to crashes, driver Graphics anything shows on the screen the monitor switches into quot ANALOG - POWER SAVING MODE quot as though it were no longer receiving a signal from my computer which very likely is the case I had some hotkeys set up for other reasons that give audio feedback but I found that when this happens they only made sound less than a second after the screen went blank as though the computer crashed And then sometimes instead of blacking out it would turn blue the save color as the Windows BSOD with scary glitchy horizontal lines through it as though the computer has tried to BSOD but the display had screwed up before it could Now it's started happening randomly not just when waking up from prolonged sleep At one point the screen turned to black then seemed to recover and Windows gave the classic quot Display driver has stopped working and had now been recovered So I checked the graphics drivers and they are up to date and I figured I should try rolling then back After Graphics driver crashes, black screen, forced to reboot clicking the rollback button in the Windows Device Manager it flashed black for a second then normal and then Graphics driver crashes, black screen, forced to reboot again as it works when messing with video card drivers Then it gave me another message about video drivers not working and recovering and blocked out yet again The next time I rebooted I got some scary distortion not major but similar to the BSOD distortion from before and because I couldn't make out the screen too clearly it booted into Linux installed on a separate partition of my SSD Linux also crashed the same way as Windows after a moment Back when the first crash happened after waking from sleep I checked to make sure my video card was held firmly in place and it was Thanks in advance P S Sorry if there are some errors in here I'm typing this on a phone with SwipeType which isn't the most reliable thing in the universe

A:Graphics driver crashes, black screen, forced to reboot

Welcome to the forum!

With a new home-built computer one of the first questions has to be do you have all the latest drivers from the motherboard manufacturer site, like chipset and ACPI? Maybe even the newest BIOS depending what it fixes.

EDIT: Found this on their site: MSI USA - Computer, Laptop, Notebook, Desktop, Mainboard, Graphics and more

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/62132-graphics-driver-crashes-black-screen-forced-reboot.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello everybody I need some help Iv had this problem for quite a while but i just decide to let it slide and tried searching for a fix but i couldn t really find one Now iv decided to try to fix it and start my thread So i have a Alienware mx r nbsp Whats my problem Here when im on my nvidia graphics and my charger is plugged in for maybe after a while it would just black screen me and the keyboard would still be on on) Nvidia ? screen r2) Problem graphics Black (Alienware Computer mx18 (w/ and the sound is like zapping i dont really know how to explain the sound its really like a repeating of the latest audio thats been heard and looping for a Millie second very fast just repeating Now this black screen happens right and i dont think my computer closes but look when i unplug the battery it dosent black screen if charger is unplugged i lag a lot ofcource but wait What i did to let this problem slide was me switching to INTEL graphics and that wouldn t make the Computer Problem (Alienware mx18 r2) Black screen ? (w/ Nvidia graphics on) screen go black and even tho the charger is plugged in no problems So i really need to fix this nvidia problems because i could barley even run some games on intel graphics and help would be very nice thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19966049
Relevancy 56.33%

I have an alienware which comes with integrated graphics card Intel R HD graphics and dedicated screen 17 laptop turns Alienware using when black rebooting graphics dedicated graphics card NVIDIA Geforce GTX M I want to use dedicated graphics so I switch to dedicated graphics by pressing Alienware 17 laptop screen turns black when rebooting using dedicated graphics the Alienware 17 laptop screen turns black when rebooting using dedicated graphics fn key and f A window pops up and says a reboot will be necessary After selecting yes it reboots and shows the Alienware logo but instead of bringing up the windows start screen-- the screen simply goes black with background light shining so it looks grey If I plug it into a tv with an hdmi cable then the windows start screen will be displayed on the tv and I can go forward playing Also if I switch back to integrated graphics then my laptop screen works again nbsp nbsp nbsp Can someone please help me fix my computer so that I can switch to dedicated graphics and nbsp not have my screen quit working When I use dedicated graphics Fallout will auto detect hardware and set it to high quality On the contrary when using integrated graphics low quality is recommended

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19983456
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a Dell Latitude D that was wiped and has a clean install of XP Pro on it I m trying to reinstall all the drivers from the Dell website as Loaded Black - Dell Newest When Graphics D630 Problem is Driver Screen there s no system restore disk etc I ve gotten everything back to good except for the integrated Intel graphics card I tried to install the software drivers for it from both the Dell site the D page Dell D630 Graphics Problem - Black Screen When Newest Driver is Loaded and also the updated software from the Intel site specific Intel graphics card page but both installations cause my screen to go black upon install and the only way to get it back is to reboot and pick Last Known Good which reverts to the generic drivers that XP installed for it I ve tried multiple installs amp uninstalls and all have had the same result It s not a huge deal as the laptop works fine with the generic drivers but not only am I tired Dell D630 Graphics Problem - Black Screen When Newest Driver is Loaded of getting the quot your computer has discovered new hardware quot my graphics card message each time I boot up but I can see myself playing some games on this laptop and doubt the generic drivers will support anything decent Any ideas Should I delete the generic drivers before trying to install the real ones etc TIA nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-d630-graphics-problem-black-screen-when-newest-driver-is-loaded.143600/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have an ATI Radeon x mb graphics card It s not brand new but i ve installed it on to my comp before and had it running fine Though my HD fried Black g on screen card about a month ago and I got a new one and then I couldn t complete any -bit graphic tests or anything if that matters and now my G-card wont work I ve been downloading drivers from my recource CD dell to try to Black screen on g card get everything I had on my first HD finally got my -bit graphics test to work but I am still not getting any screen I change my setup to run onboard at startup then saved and exited Then I put my G-card in turned on the comp and put in the installation CD and installed the drivers then I restarted my comp Afterwards I went to my device manager and turned off my onboard drivers and restarted my comp again changing my setup again to Black screen on g card turn graphics on auto so it runs the G-card instead of onboard yes i plugged in mointer to the card My brother installed it the first time but I watched him and im pretty sure this is how he did it Any help here or am installing wrong nbsp

A:Black screen on g card

I am curious as to what 'fried' your last Hard Drive. Is it possible that whatever damaged your hardisk also did your G-card in? Do you know anyone that has your type of machine (or similar) so that you can test your G-card on another machine? Good Luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-on-g-card.94197/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello this is the first time I'm posting something like this to a forum like this and first time I ever had an issue like this I attached a picture of the issue I was told that it might be the video card graphics card Is there a way to fix this issue or do I have to buy a new video graphics card Or is it the screen itself What happened was i was just browsing the internet then my screen started to flash and then the blue screen appeared Problem graphics with card? screen/possible and shut down I tried fixing the resolution back to bit since its at bit and it wouldn't change it back it stays at bit There's also a vertical black strip on the right side of the screen as you can tell on the picture i attached I think it's also crashing my firefox since its done it numerous of times I have a HP Pavillion dv windows vista home premium If you need more info on my laptop I can find it and let you know Thanks in advance

A:Problem with screen/possible graphics card?

Welcome

If you had a BSOD, which I think you did, this information will help us
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/285137-problem-screen-possible-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi,
I know it is an older system but I am currently using a Dell XPS 420 (Windows 7 HP 32 bit, 4GB RAM,  Intel Core 2 quad Q9300, Motherboard Dell TP406, Bios A07). It still runs well but recently the existing graphics card has been crashing frequently so I have upgraded to a new one - Sapphire Radeon R7 250 2GB DDR3.
The PC meets all the minimum requirements for this card however all I get is a blank screen. I have also contacted Sapphire support who will likely suggest uninstalling / updating every driver , flashing bios, reinstalling windows.... but does anybody here know if there is any reason why this graphics card should not work with this PC / motherboard. 
thanks

A:New graphics card = blank screen

What video card was in the system before you upgraded?  Did you remove the existing drivers before you shut the system off to install the new card?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19991733
Relevancy 55.04%

hi i am new to this forum as im sure you can see so if there is any screen with graphics Blank card info missing please tell me Blank screen with graphics card and ill try to fill it in i am having trouble getting my graphics Blank screen with graphics card card to work it has worked in the passed and has been stored away for about months but have just pulled it out again when i start the computer with the graphics card pluged in there is a blank screen and i cant do anything when i pull the card out and start with the motherboard VGA it say quot overclocking failed quot even though im not trying to overclock it and gives me the options of quot F to run setup quot and quot F to load default values and continue quot but once i go past that all is fine again i have flicked the CMOS battery out updated BIOS installed fresh copy of XP and im out of ideas it is a AGP GS graphics card P VDC-MX motherboard any help would be great thanks nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

A few weeks ago I bought a 6200 OC PCI gfx card (BFG) and since I installed, it's been working fine. However, there is a good sized area of the screen that I can't see, but my mouse will go over there. The Windows taskbar ends at the end of what I can see, but I can still move my mouse pointer into the space, and it's kind of annoying. Has anyone had this problem? What should I do? Thanks.

Relevancy 55.04%

Hey guy's I was just taking out my current graphics card to see if i could do it because I am planning on purchasing a new card.
However once i plugged it into my motherboard instead of displaying the screen like it normally does, it instead shows a black screen however power is still getting through to it as the fan is still running.

So i tried taking the card out and booting with onboard graphics and that worked fine. So im thinking how do I set it to boot onto onboard over my gts 250 then maybe try installing the drivers from there in windows.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 55.04%

I have a DLP big screen with HDMI, S video, RCA imputs, and HDTV imputs. Its a 1080I DLP that I want to use as a monitor. I want to play WOW on it. Any suggestions? Any suggestions on the setup? Im on a budget build here.

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi everyone I m new here Quick history of my comp s problems -Bought it and from day it had a blue screen error problem I tried to track it down myself screen card, blue New graphics but eventually sent it back to where I bought it and New graphics card, blue screen they fixed it telling me it was the New graphics card, blue screen motherboard -Got it back and there were no more blue screens Hurray However while playing games I started noticing strange graphical artifacts New graphics card, blue screen terrain stretching etc It wasn t a huge problem though so I ignored it foolishly -The graphics card seemed to get worse and worse until eventually I started getting graphical glitches on the desktop and following the mouse cursor and it could no longer play most games without overheating and crashing I had left it too long to do anything about it and it was out of warranty SKIP TO HERE TO AVOID HISTORY -So I bought a new one to replace it GeForce GT which I installed earlier this week However I now have a blue screen of death problem again I think it may be the same error I was getting when I first got the comp but I can not be certain because I didn t save the info The problem is x F x x x x So far this has crashed while I have been downloading a patch for and while playing World of Warcraft and has not occurred when running any other games or programs some of them much more graphically intense however if my previous experiences are anything to do by the crashes can occur at any time So my instinct is to try and send the graphics card back and tell them the problem I have with it however due to the blue screens I had when I first got my PC I have an awful feeling they would just continue with a replacement card I have checked the C WINDOWS minidump folder and it contains nothing Any advice help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Edit Just realised I ve posted this in other hardware when I meant to put it in graphical and sound Sorry nbsp

A:New graphics card, blue screen

itch said:

I had left it too long to do anything about it and it was out of warranty..Click to expand...

Under consumer law any item that has been or has shown an inherent fault since day one is classed as unfit for use, first contact the supplier and advise him of the fault either by phone or by letter, they may ask you to get an independant evaluation of the fault.

If you get no joy then contact the citizens advice bureau for further advice.

regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-graphics-card-blue-screen.109296/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey I am building screen please me a and Recommend graphics card a PC for my mate and here are the specs so far MOBO P N-E SLI I bet you heard that million times CPU Intel Q RAM GB DDR MHz CASE EV Gamer case with PSU included HDD GB rpm MB cache Samsung OD Lightscribe x DVD CD R W So now I have a choice to make the graphics card and screen He will be using this PC primarily for gaming which is why I chose a good processor and big HDD My total cost at the moment is GBP which is dollar The budget is anywhere in the reigon below please note I need a screen speakers although these will be - sound card AND the graphics card so no rediculously high prices graphics cards He asked me for good graphics Must Recommend me a graphics card and screen please be from http www ebuyer com Must be MB I can have x MB cards or x GB but I will let you guys more Recommend me a graphics card and screen please experts than me tell me if or better etc Ok it s a long list but to summ up it s a graphics card costing up to give or take anything lower is excellent I have been looking at nVidia series and GeForce it must be nVidia For screens currently I have chosen the Samsung NWX quot monitor with x c d screen which is at http ebuyer com product although I am open to suggestions on anything else up to - I AM OPEN TO OPINIONS I can change any of the specs at the moment so suggestions are welcome POWER CONSUMPTION IS NOT A PROBLEM I havn t yet chosen a PSU and I ll get anything good Thank you for your time AND suggestions Regards Charlie nbsp

A:Recommend me a graphics card and screen please

Try these:

Acer AL2416WB 24" TFT Monitor Widescreen 1920x1200 1000:1 400cd/m2 5ms Silver/Black 3 Years Warranty - 198.99 + free delivery
ASUS HD 4870X2 2GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDCP HDTV out PCI-E Graphics Card - 364.9 + free delivery
Corsair 650W TX Series PSU - 120mm Fan, 80+% Efficiency, Single +12V Rail - 60.25 + free delivery
Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI-Express - OEM - 27.39 + free 5-day delivery

The total for the entire system will easily be under 1000 and your friend would have a killer system that will be able to play any game with the detail settings maxed out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-me-a-graphics-card-and-screen-please.111193/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey all,

Ever since I put Win7 Ultimate on (about 6 hours ago) I get a black screen after boot screen, no login appears.
Black Screen:
* No Mouse
* No Keyboard
* No Screen (Duh) Its not a "Black Screen" more of a blank screen

I have attempted many fixes:
* Update Drivers for mother board
* Update Drivers For GFX card
* Batch Files in Start up (two different ones based on display)
* Updated Bios
* Remvoing all other hard drives

Things that Have Worked:
* Runing in Safe Mode
* Disabling GFX card
* Remove GFX card Drivers

This is how i came to the conclusion that my black screen is caused by my GFX card. But i dont want to have win7 installed with out it (what would be the point).

My GFX card is a "NVIDIA 9800 gtx"

NVIDIA latest Drivers i have
195.62_desktop_win7_winvista_32bit_english_whql

Any help is welcomed thanks.

A:Big Issue: Black Screen Due To GFX Card

Welcome to seven forums Happyme: I think it will help to fill in your system specs Thanks. Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/46901-big-issue-black-screen-due-gfx-card.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey guys!

I was tipsed by a friend to use TrueCrypt to encrypt my entire disks and I was thinking hey good idea. Said and done I installed and rebooted and on windows loading screen ofcourse it gets stuck.

I went to recovery console tried fixboot fixmbr chkdsk /p etc nothing helped so I formatted and installed win xp again.
all is fine until i install video drivers the driver install goes to a black screen with a blinking "_" in it..

Then I tried vista and it installs there and on reboot i get a black screen after loading.

This really has brought my spirits down big time. So much for christmas...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gfx-card-install-black-screen.883785/
Relevancy 55.04%

I just bought a Geforce 640mb 8800 gts video card. When i'm playing games every once in awhile, well pretty often, my screen will go blank and i have to turn my LCD screen off and then back on and the screen will come back on. I thought it might have been overheating at first but the temp stays between 70c and 76-78c. I also don't know why this would cause me to restart my monitor and it would work again. Anyone know anything about this?

A:Screen goes black with new video card

Your 172.4 deg F is too hot (I think). I run an 8800. I have a constant temp readout on my desktop. Mine will idle around 129F. When gaming I reach 152F tops. Get an exhaust fan below the GPU to get that heat away. If you run a program that will give you all of the hardware temps, maybe you can spot what's getting the hottest.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-goes-black-with-new-video-card.82532/
Relevancy 55.04%

Disk boot error please insert system disk and press enter

Hey everyone.

I just recently installed a rocketfish 500W ATX PSU and a GeForce 9800GTX+.
However, whenever I turn on the computer I don't get a signal for the monitor at all. I can't even boot into BIOS or anything, the monitor just stays blank. I've tried the old video card, but even that no longer works. My monitor is blank either way. I've triple checked all the connections, and everything is in place. I'm completely stumped.

I have Windows XP SP3 btw.

Now the video card fan won't even start. What the hell is going on?
edit: fixed all of that, see http://www.techspot.com/vb/post745719-11.html

A:Black screen after installing new PSU + Vid Card

gud day!
check the fan of your psu is it functioning? if not.. try testing it with another psu..!maybe your psu is faulty

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-after-installing-new-psu-vid-card.126158/
Relevancy 55.04%

Last week my wife was messing around with my computer and hooking it up to our other monitor, during this process you have to turn the resolution down. So all was fine until the following morning, i turned it on and all i got was a black screen. I can see nothing from the moment i press the power button although i can hear when it logs into windows.

From what i can tell she set the display at 600x400 or something to that nature, i've replaced the monitor lead, tried it on a plasma and three different monitors which all have the same outcome. All connections have been checked and at this point the only thing i can come up with is replacing the video card

Grateful if anyone has help or ideas.

A:Black Screen, bad video card?

what vid card do you have, does it have more than one input Ie one VGA and one DVI or two DVi etc if so try the other one and see if it works, if not then do you have a spare vid card you can try.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-bad-video-card.110476/
Relevancy 55.04%

I recently bought a Sigma Real-Magic X-Card.
I connected a S-Video kabel to the S-video output. At the TV I used a S-Video to SCART connector. The picture is Black and White. Why?

A:Black and White screen on X-card

sounds to me like viewing a SECAM output on a PAL TV or vice-versa....

SECAM, the french system, has the same line number as PAL, the UK system, but a different color.

Hence, they display as B&W on each others displays

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-and-white-screen-on-x-card.2773/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi All,

I installed a new PCI video card into a dell PC. Safe Mode/VGA mode worked fine but when it goes into Windows, it goes through all the Windows logo until it comes to the Windows Blue Welcome Screen where the screen turns black. I installed the drivers through safe mode but can't figure out what causing this issue. Any Help??

Relevancy 55.04%

I have a HP Pavilion 502n Desktop. Memory is maxed at 512 mB. I am trying to install a new video card (ATI Radeon 9000 - PCI), and after installing and rebooting, my PC beeps at me 3 times and the screen says there is no input, either VGA or DVI, and goes black. I tried to disable the onboard video before installing and I get the same behavior. Is it a compatability issue? The motherboard has 3 PCI slots. Thanks.

A:Black screen after ATI card install

Try another PCI slot or maybe the power supply is inadequate to power the new card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-after-ati-card-install.156427/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi BG info I have a pc with Intel R Core Screen card. Graphics Blank Inserting New after TM i - CPU Gigabyte Technology Blank Screen after Inserting New Graphics card. DDR Model H M-S v-B GB Ram Intel R HD Integrated Graphics PCI Express DualBios W Power Supply GB Hard Drive Ok my problem is that I have no graphics cards So i went and bought a Ge force N GT GB Graphics Card When I insert the graphics card into its slot and boot the computer bios runs and the computer starts up normally but the screen gives me quot NO SIGNAL quot This happens when the vga cable is in the card output and or the motherboard output while the card is still in When i remove the new card and return the vga cable to motherboard output and reboot the screen gets a signal After doing some research I found out that you have to uninstall the first graphics card for me its integrated in processor so I don t know if I have to do that Any help would be appreciated Thanks This the the link to the Graphics card I bought www msi com product vga N GT-MD GD -LP html div Specification nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Ok I m pretty sure my new graphics card has been causing my computer to blue screen I originally had it recommended and installed by the Geek Squad at Best Buy The first thing I saw when I got home Blue Screen Didn t even boot to the login screen I bring it back they tinker around and it boots ok but I get periodic blue screens There s a very rare blue screen out of nowhere just blue screens Most often it blue screens right when it s Graphics Blue Screen Causing New Card supposed to show the login screen in the boot process This was while I had vista Now if I just kept booting windows normally after a few attempts it would succeed and would not blue screen A very big annoyance but New Graphics Card Causing Blue Screen ultimately I could use my computer in the end I upgraded to Windows Everything seemed to be working fine at first Then I installed ATI Catalyst Control Center and upgraded the various drivers Now it won t stop blue screening no matter how many times I boot it I m in safe mode now The listed files that it said help describe the issue for the Blue Screen are these Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Alex AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml It also gave me this Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP FFFFFFFFC BCP FFFFF BB F BCP FFFFF CB F BCP FFFFF CAB Now as I said I recently upgraded to Windows Custom Upgrade all old programs files gone but this has proven to be an issue with both Vista and These are my specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional bit Processor AMD Phenom tm Quad-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gateway RS Rev U I m not used to posting this kinda thing so if I need to post other system specs let me know nbsp

A:New Graphics Card Causing Blue Screen

I honestly recommend just backup all your files to an external harddrive. and do a clean install of windows. Upgrades don't normally work all that well from what I have seen in IT.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-graphics-card-causing-blue-screen.992485/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,
Just installed a NVIDIA Ge Force FX5200 graphics card. Only problem is I can't get any picture. Have hunted high and low for answers. All checks state it is compatible with my motherboard. Have tried numerous option in BIOS but still cant manage a picture. I have to keep plugging my monitor in to the on board card to get my picture. If I can get some suggestions that would be great.
Thanks
Maggsy

A:New Graphics card installed - blank screen only

have you used other cards in that slot before and if so did they work fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-graphics-card-installed-blank-screen-only.25186/
Relevancy 54.18%

I get an empty Bluescreen when playing D games mostly after a quite short time but some games screen: graphics card broken? Blue I can play up to a few hours When I start a DMark test the Bluescreen appears immediately after the first frame The event viewer displays the following error codes f d At the beginning some E errors appeared but I didn t find them Blue screen: graphics card broken? in the last Bluescreens Specs of the yr old PC Asrock K NF -RAID RAID disabled Athlon XP Barton x MHz Sapphire Radeon Pro GB MHz DDR-RAM GB WD HDD GB Maxtor Blue screen: graphics card broken? HDD Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic The Bluescreens also happen without overclocking The Bluescreens appears since two days after installing my new Zalman CPU-Cooler and like I said just when I play games with newer D graphic Memtest and Prime ran hours long without any problems or bluescreens I already Blue screen: graphics card broken? formatted the PC and reinstalled Windows with the newest drivers for all devices but I also tried it with older ones without soundcard etc but the problem is still existing So I expect the graphic card to be broken but I just want to be sure before buying a new one Would be great if someone can say for sure which part is broken or what I could do to test it further Best Regards Manuel Edit added Minidump nbsp

A:Blue screen: graphics card broken?

It's the drivers, not the video card. See the following thread for the same crash and a solution.

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic114470.html

BugCheck 1000007F, {d, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : ati3duag.dll ( ati3duag+107e58 )
Image name: ati3duag.dll Timestamp: Wed Sep 24 10:54:14 2008 (48D99DC6)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-graphics-card-broken.117180/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello, I've installed a nvidia geforce 8800 gt. When I boot in to safe mode. The computer boots fine, But when I go in to device manager, The graphics card isn't displayed, When I boot in to windows mode there is just a gray screen, No cursor. The mouse lights up and so does the keyboard.

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 2/19/2012, 23:32:53
Machine name: ELISHA-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: M68MT-D3
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3326MB RAM
Page File: 1147MB used, 4067MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

A:Gray screen, After installing graphics card.

The "missing" graphics card in Safe Mode (Device Manager) is quite normal. In Safe Mode, Windows does not load any third-party device drivers which means the associated devices won't be listed in Device Manager (since in most cases the driver is where Windows gets the device information from).

The on-board graphics adapter (if there is one) is usually disabled automatically when a third-party graphics card is installed. This prevents resource-conflicts and odd behaviour. However, It's just possible that your on-board adapter is still enabled, causing the problems you describe. Go into the BIOS Setup and disable it if it isn't already disabled. Don't forget to save any changes you make to the BIOS settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gray-screen-after-installing-graphics-card.1041869/