Windows Support Forum

Enabling onboard graphics/Disabling graphics card method

Q: Enabling onboard graphics/Disabling graphics card method

Hi all Video card appears to be reaching the end of the road with regular crashes of x type After extensive attempts card Enabling method onboard graphics graphics/Disabling to fix it the conclusion is that the card needs to be replaced I plan to acquire a completely new computer when I go overseas in days time Until then a band-aid solution occurred to me to last this week use the onboard graphics integrated in the motherboard instead of the failing discrete graphics card Some background info Motherboard is GA-G M-ES L Graphics card is nVidia GT Current display interface is DVI connected to graphics card VGA cable available My method is Update motherboard GA-G M-ES L drivers Uninstall discrete graphics card nVidia GT drivers Reboot and access BIOS Via BIOS disable graphics card and enable onboard graphics Save and shutdown Disconnect DVI monitor cable from graphics card also from monitor Connect VGA monitor cable to motherboard also to monitor Boot Enabling onboard graphics/Disabling graphics card method I would lke your opinion on this planned course of action which potentially could be nigh unfixable

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Enabling onboard graphics/Disabling graphics card method

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Enabling onboard graphics/Disabling graphics card method

That is just how you should do that, it's unremarkable.

Should not be a problem at all, it's routine, you could add another card later and be just fine after disabling on-board again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/291302-enabling-onboard-graphics-disabling-graphics-card-method.html
Relevancy 91.45%

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone could teach me how to re-enable my onboard graphics card. I have a 8600GT installed in my PCIE slot and since it's damaged through displaying green/purple artifacts I want to disable it so that I wouldn't be forced to restart my computer manually everytime the artifacts appear; gets extremely annoying at some point. My onboard graphics card is a ATI x1250, I was wondering if a weak card like that can play 720p videos? I'm aware that games are out of the picture indefinitely, but I want to be able to work in photoshop and watch 720p videos. Thanks.

Relevancy 110.08%

Hey guys,

I'm trying to do dual monitors at work.. and running into problems. I thought (and pretty sure) I can use my onboard graphic card (intel i752) and my AGP card (TNT2), but it's not working. Apparently, when an AGP card is plugged into my motherboard, it disables the onboard graphics. Does anyone know of a way to reverse this and enable onboard graphics? An option is not under the bios for it... I'm using Windows 2000...

Thanks!

Ross

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/enabling-onboard-graphics.367466/
Relevancy 110.08%

Hi there My graphics card has been getting to C and the PC has been freezing regularly because of this So i ve decided to enable the onboard graphics but im having trouble doing so Graphics Enabling Onboard Specs Motherboard - DFI LanParty JR GX M RS Bios - Phoenix quot Award Winning something quot Tried taking the graphics card out and plugging the monitor directly into the DVI-I output from the motherboard - That didnt work I ve tried looking through the Bios to enable Onboard graphics but none of the options are written plainly enough for me to understand Also the disk that came with the motherboard when opened has options of installing quot Chipset Graphics Raid quot etc The graphics option gives you the choice to install both and bit I installed both as I wasnt sure I m not sure which options have been installed previously and which may Enabling Onboard Graphics need to be installed for this to work I d greatly apprecaite it if someone could give me some clear directions on how enable my Onboard graphics or some sort of guide through my Bios thanks nbsp

A:Enabling Onboard Graphics

First off, please give detailed specs about your PC. What OS are you running? Removing the graphics card just because its getting hot and switching to the onboard adapter is no solution.

Read this page to determine your OS Version (64 or 32 Bit).

Also to enable onboard graphics:
1. Uninstall all present video / graphics drivers
2. Remove your graphics card
3. Plug the monitor to the mobo VGA adapter and start the PC
4. In BIOS select onboard graphics
5. Install the correct drivers from the motherboard support CD

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/enabling-onboard-graphics.135606/
Relevancy 108.79%

Hello, i am a new to PC's and i would like to know about enabling onboard graphics,
so my problem is that i have a gtx 960 and a monitor that only has a vga port, and the graphics card does not accept vga only hdmi, so i whanted to know that if i enable onboard graphics on BIOS to be able to use the monitor directly on the motherboard vga port will the graphics card still work? or will it switch to integrated graphics?
i would really apreciate if anyone could answer this question for me, and if it will switch to interated graphics, what are my options to be able to use the motherboards vga port withouht disabling the graphics card?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/questions-about-enabling-onboard-graphics-4606379/
Relevancy 107.93%

Hi My name is Apoorva I am from India Now I would like to know the basic difference in terms of performance for an onboard graphics card and an external graphics card for a Laptop What could be a major difference Also for Onboard graphics it is said on all the branded website that the size of it is upto MB shared So say for instance if I go between External graphics Graphics Shared) Card Difference (384MB (128/256M & Onboard for an external graphics card for a new Difference between Onboard graphics (384MB Shared) & External Graphics Card (128/256M laptop which I am planning to purchase and the size of this external graphic card is MB or MB Difference between Onboard graphics (384MB Shared) & External Graphics Card (128/256M and as Onboard graphic card already provides MB shared memory therefore the question is that how could that external graphics card sizing MB deliver better performance as compared to Onbard graphics which sizes MB shared Also how are the new laptops launched by HP in India in terms of performance mobility amp stability The Laptop which I am looking for falls under series and is a business series laptop Waiting eagerly for a reply Apoorva nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/difference-between-onboard-graphics-384mb-shared-external-graphics-card-128-256m.702994/
Relevancy 107.5%

I m having a problem others seem to encouter but can t get it resolved I bought a ATI Radeon X Pro MB PCI-E card I have an Emachine T computer with built in ati xpress Specs found herehttp www emachines com support product support html cat desktop amp subcat T-Series amp model T My problem graphics on new installing card Emachine/onboard-graphics Problem is after installing the card my computer doesn t recognize the hardware As soon as I put Problem installing new graphics card on Emachine/onboard-graphics the card in my monitor will not work The computer boots up and the monitor has power but no picture The card fan is working i can hear it Problem installing new graphics card on Emachine/onboard-graphics I take the card out and it works fine Here is what I have tried -Called emachines for support and after disabling my onboard graphics still doesn t work they say call ATI -Tried support from ATI no help they say its the computer -Tried disabling in BIOS but it doesn t offer a selection for that It also does t have a PNP feature Only first initial display which I tried on PCIEX -Plug Problem installing new graphics card on Emachine/onboard-graphics monitor to both card and onboard -Check MSI website and I do have updated BIOS I can tell that the onboard graphics are disabled due to large scale print I tried uninstalling the drivers but when i turn it on it detects and installs the built in graphics I just can t get the monitor to work whenever the card is inserted If it would work I could manually install the hardware and drivers I m thinking I need a different BIOS that would let me use PNP and disable onboard graphics Any help I would greatly appreciate this is my first time to this website and I thought I would try it before taking my computer to a shop to see if they can fix it Just scared of what they might charge since I only paid about for the card Thanks in advance Kevin nbsp

A:Problem installing new graphics card on Emachine/onboard-graphics

An extreme option

As you do have the option of a working computer prior to installing the new card I would back up any files that are important to you..
Then, before I would pay someone else BIG bucks, I would put in the new card and try a fresh install of windows. Force it to recognise your new card. The drivers that Windows will pick should suffice until the install is done and you can then install the card specific drivers from your disk.
This is given ONLY as a choice. I am not sure this will solve your problem but IT IS something this cheap bas____ would try before paying someone else.

Good Luck and check back, maybe someone else will contribute a better idea.
Greg

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-installing-new-graphics-card-on-emachine-onboard-graphics.41175/
Relevancy 107.5%

Hi I am Techsavy from India Now I would like to know the basic difference in terms of performance for Dedicated Between Card Onboard Graphics Graphics a Difference Solved: an onboard graphics card and a dedicated graphics card for a Laptop What could be a major difference Also for Onboard graphics it is said on all the branded website that the size of it is upto MB shared So say for instance if I go for a dedicated graphics card for a new laptop which I am planning to purchase and the size of this dedicated graphic card is MB or MB and Onboard graphic card on the other hand provides MB shared memory therefore the question is that how could that external graphics card sizing MB deliver better performance as Solved: Difference Between Onboard Graphics a Dedicated Graphics Card compared to Onbard graphics which sizes MB shared Also how are the new laptops launched by HP in India in terms of performance mobility amp stability The Solved: Difference Between Onboard Graphics a Dedicated Graphics Card Laptop which I am looking for Solved: Difference Between Onboard Graphics a Dedicated Graphics Card falls under series and is a business series laptop Waiting eagerly for a reply Techsavy nbsp

A:Solved: Difference Between Onboard Graphics a Dedicated Graphics Card

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-difference-between-onboard-graphics-a-dedicated-graphics-card.759339/
Relevancy 106.64%

OK, as you may know i just recieved my new video card, an ATI Radeon 7000, 64 megs ram etc. Im wondering how i disable the onboard video which came with the motherboard. Something about BIOS but i have no clue where that is. I think i may know but i dont wanna do the wrong thing... ?

Relevancy 106.64%

I m planning on installing a radeon se to my Emachines using a Disabling onboard graphics. PCI slot GHz Processor ram no laughing please i m saving for a new system but this is a quick fix It currently has on board graphics and i understand you dont have to disable this when using an AGP slot but what about a PCI slot do you need to disable it then Also if you do can someone tell me how to I ve been into BIOS and when moving down to the graphics card settings a decription pops up on Disabling onboard graphics. the right saying set to or mb for one setting and a little below that it says select disable onboard graphics if you you dont want to use it or Disabling onboard graphics. someting like that However I only have an option to have or mb there is no option in the list to disable it Any help appreciated cheers Stephen ps will this card be ok for this comp nbsp

A:Disabling onboard graphics.

bios

You should simply have to press delete when the PC boots, go to ?/PCI configuration and set vga to boot from PCI - thats how it is on my pc but your bios might be different.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disabling-onboard-graphics.20773/
Relevancy 106.64%

Hello there, I am looking for a dirt cheap, Windows 7 suitable graphics card for use with a PC designed for multimedia purposes (watching films, listening to music etc). I would like to be able to use the full visual effects Windows 7 has to offer. It must have an S-video output and be compatible with the Asus M3A78-CM Motherboard. I have 1 PCI Express x 1 slot free and 2 x PCI 2.2 slots free.

Please provide some suggestions, doesn't have to be brand new.

Either that, or something like the Gadmei XGA/VGA LCD TV BOX. I want to connect my PC with the motherboard mentioned previously to my CRT TV (Panasonic TX-28PL4 Quintrix). The motherboard has onboard graphics via dvi and vga outputs. The TV has an S-VHS plug on the front, as well as RCA Audio/Video sockets. On the rear, it has 1 spare scart input.

What are your thoughts?

A:Graphics Card/Onboard Graphics for Media Centre PC

the graphics card listed in my specs may only be 64MB, but it surprisingly runs aero.
If that seems to be not quite what you're looking for, another card I would recommend is the nvidia 8400GS. It may be 512MB, but thats about as high as it's specs go, but you will need a more powerful PSU (300W+). The 8400GS is about ?30 and a vga to RCA adapter seems to be about ?5 (i recommend you buy the adapter before the card).
The one in my specs just has a VGA port, but the 8400GS has vga, dvi and hdmi (i think the hdmi may need some further cabling in the case, not sure though)

NB (the card listed in my system specs may actually be the GeForce 7200GS, all system information programs tell me that it could be both and there's no sticker on it. all i know for (kinda) certain is that its 64MB )

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/158089-graphics-card-onboard-graphics-media-centre-pc.html
Relevancy 106.64%

I have a H535 and added a PCI GeForce GT610 that will support up to 2 monitors. I can get both onboard and PCI to work using 3 monitors, except when I have to turn off the computer.  Then the onboard graphics card fails to activate.   Here is what I have to do to get it working correctly again (I call it "the shuffle").Turn off computerUnplug PCI cardTurn on computer (boots using onboard graphics)Turn off computerInstall PCI cardTurn on computer Then everything works fine again until I have to turn off the computer at which point I have to do the shuffle again.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/H535-using-graphics-card-and-onboard-graphics-after-reboot/td-p/3372482
Relevancy 106.64%

Hello there, I am looking for a dirt cheap, Windows 7 suitable graphics card for use with a PC designed for multimedia purposes (watching films, listening to music etc). I would like to be able to use the full visual effects Windows 7 has to offer. It must have an S-video output and be compatible with the Asus M3A78-CM Motherboard. I have 1 PCI Express x 1 slot free and 2 x PCI 2.2 slots free.

Please provide some suggestions, doesn't have to be brand new.

Either that, or something like the Gadmei XGA/VGA LCD TV BOX. I want to connect my PC with the motherboard mentioned previously to my CRT TV (Panasonic TX-28PL4 Quintrix). The motherboard has onboard graphics via dvi and vga outputs. The TV has an S-VHS plug on the front, as well as RCA Audio/Video sockets. On the rear, it has 1 spare scart input.

What are your thoughts?

Relevancy 106.21%

I have a gateway desktop windows Xp media center It runs very smooth I only have a few work programs on it A dual monitor setup would make life soooo much easier I can the Dual enabling graphics, possibilities? onboard and monitors only ever get one monitor to work at a time Dual monitors and enabling the onboard graphics, possibilities? I show the radon x as the video card I'm guessing There is an option for a second monitor on the drop down but the only other place to plugin the monitor is the upper blue port the onboard graphics I believe Is there a way to enable that port So I can extend my desktop I've tried my Tv it works on its own the original monitor and the second monitor I bought all work n their own but not together I thought it would be really easy Here is a pic of the back i photobucket com albums gg Voila-Violet d c e c b cafdc cbb b jpg The setting for the second monitor is there I have fiddled with it so many times but nothing Only the monitor that is plugged into the bottom video card I'm guessing What am I missing Is there a driver that needs to be updated I tried to update the x driver I'm not even sure if I'm doing it right but well see Do I need some sort of adapter if so is it under I could do it out if I had a Dual monitors and enabling the onboard graphics, possibilities? bit of instruction Any other info u need I will post so keep an eye on this question Sooooo much appreciated

A:Dual monitors and enabling the onboard graphics, possibilities?

Here is a screen shot of when I try to set it up...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486504/dual-monitors-and-enabling-the-onboard-graphics-possibilities/
Relevancy 105.35%

I'm having problems disabling my onboard graphics in win2000. since my other board is installed win2000 seems to think I want multiple monitors, so it won't allow me to disable the onboard graphic board. I am unable to disable the board in the bios, or on the motherboard it's self. I did have win98 installed and was able to disable it with no problems. If anyone has any ideas please let me know

Thank you Trin

A:Disabling Onboard Graphics with win2000

If you go to the Device Manager, & list the VGA cards, does it show up there ?

If yes, try right clicking on the onboard card & choosing disable. Or choose properties, then in Device Usage, choose Do Not Use This Device.

PS. Welcome to TechSpot. Hope you enjoy your stay.:wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disabling-onboard-graphics-with-win2000.12096/
Relevancy 105.35%

I have a HP Pavillion w the has an onboard video graphics I video Need help disabling graphics onboard have installed a G-Force PCI video card The new video Need help disabling onboard video graphics card works great The problem I am having is will my Madden NFL game the game works Need help disabling onboard video graphics great on the inital install but as soon as the computer is restarted and I try to load the game it hangs on the main screen I have contact EA sports and they think that the onboard video is the problem since everthing else is compatible with the game The problem is that in the bios there is no option to disable the onboard video The only options are to allocate mb or K to the video no disable I disable it in the device manager but it still is interferring with the new card game I checked the moberboard and there are no jumbers to diable it that way I called HP and they don t seem to have a clue with how to resolve this problem I have updated all of the current video drivers and there is no bios Need help disabling onboard video graphics update available Does anyone know how I can disable the onbaord video Thanks Jim nbsp

A:Need help disabling onboard video graphics

In many of these types of systems, you cannot disable the on-board video.

Detection of the AGP card will usually be all thats needed for the system to ignore the on-board chipset, but thats different to disabling it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-disabling-onboard-video-graphics.252540/
Relevancy 105.35%

Hi everyone here is the problem Presario SR CL MB RAM GB HDD Windows XP Home I just installed a GEForce FX PCI card I didn t want to lose any RAM to onboard video I changed the setting in the bios to PCI and uninstalled the display adapter in my computer However after uninstalling the onboard display adapter and installing the GEForce graphics disabling Trouble onboard I restart the computer and it re-installs the drivers for the onboard and I still lose RAM to it How do I get around this Here are the steps I took following the HP website recommendations Uninstalled display adapter from my computer gt properties gt Hardware Manager Shut down computer Install PCI card Start computer press F to enter setup and set Trouble disabling onboard graphics video to PCI Install drivers from disk that came with card Did I do something wrong Trouble disabling onboard graphics or miss a step Why is it still installing the old drivers for the onboard and why is it still using my RAM for that Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 104.49%

My computer Simultaneously and Card Graphics Onboard Use Graphics a Dell Inspiron desktop Use Graphics Card and Onboard Graphics Simultaneously has a VGA port and an HDMI port built onto the motherboard for integrated graphics I have recently installed an Nvidia GeForce GB dedicated graphics card and it has DVI ports and mini-HDMI port I have a DVI monitor and a VGA monitor DVI-VGA adapter used connected to the graphics card I was trying to connect a projector to the VGA port on the onboard graphics but I couldn t get it to use the onboard graphics with the card installed In BIOS gt Advanced gt Graphics Options there is one setting Intel Multiple Monitor something It has two options Auto and Disabled currently Auto Its in-BIOS description states that it can use both onboard and dedicated cards to run multiple monitors However no luck Windows has shown a third monitor in the display settings with a bunch of quot Attempt VGA Connection quot options Selecting one and choosing Extend Desktop opens a quot Unable to Save Settings quot error Ubuntu does nothing to recognize anything Is it possible to use both the onboard and Nvidia graphics together Or am I better off buying a mini-HDMI to VGA adapter and connecting it to the Nvidia card and the projector Thanks for reading all my extended description PS I would like to get this working in Ubuntu currently but getting it in Windows and Ubuntu would be a bonus nbsp

A:Use Graphics Card and Onboard Graphics Simultaneously

Most of the time, no. Installing an addon card disables the onboard chipset.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/use-graphics-card-and-onboard-graphics-simultaneously.1111649/
Relevancy 104.49%

Hey everyone How r u all Nice to meet u all well my friend bought a laptop it has on board graphics and also a additional nvidia graphics now when I run game the on board graphics card is getting detected and not the nvidia card I tried in bios but in the display part there are only options is optimus whic allows bot nvidia vga and intel vga to work and the other one allows only the intel vga to work so is there a way to make games recognise nvidia or can I disable onboard graphics through graphics not graphics card Onboard detected device manager laptop model lenovo ideapad z graphics card Nvidia geforce gt m and one more thing In one of the game I Onboard graphics detected not graphics card checked PES it shows as its using onboard graphics and I tried arkham city and tried enabling hardware acceleration physx but it said the laptops hardware doesnt support it one more thing I just went to nvidia control panel and in there d settings and there global settings its written there preferred graphics processor is integrated graphics and I couldnt change it can I disable the onboard graphics card in device manager thanks nbsp

A:Onboard graphics detected not graphics card

Hi , The option is the one where the nvidia card and intel on-board are shown, and the BIOS should select the nvidia card as priority if it can, and has a choice.
It's sometimes known as 'Primary Video' & the option is called PEG.
Make sure you save the settings when you exit or they won't be changed from before.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/onboard-graphics-detected-not-graphics-card.182102/
Relevancy 104.49%

Hi I have a HP Pavilion a n It runs on AMD Athlon and its supposed to have MB RAM but due to the bloody SIS Mirage quot integrated Graphics quot that uses MB RAM the system says it only uses I decided to install a new Graphic PCI card GeForce I put it in then after installing the newest driver it worked Mirage graphics SIS Help disabling called onboard 2 a perfect so I disabled the SIS Display Adapter and something else related to that called Help disabling a onboard graphics called SIS Mirage 2 quot SIS Accelerated Graphics Port quot which made the SIS Display adapter quot disappear quot but the computer still says mb RAM I went to BIOS and I did NOT find anything related to the onboard graphics except that instead of mb now it only uses which makes the computer run on mb RAM What I want to do is to disable the onboard graphics so that the computer can run in MB RAM like it is supposed to be This are the options in the Advanced tab of BIOS Plug and Play OS - Yes Reset Configuration Data - No Primary Video Adapter - PCI Instead of AGP Onboard PS Mouse - Auto Detect Onboard - Enabled Onboard Lan - Enabled Onboard LAN Boot ROM - Disabled SATA Adapter - Enabled Help disabling a onboard graphics called SIS Mirage 2 Onboard Video Memory Size - MB Instead of the original mb Onboard Audio - Auto I Help disabling a onboard graphics called SIS Mirage 2 tried by disabling and nothing happened Then I disabled SATA Adapter and nothing happened HP Support says that in this menu there should be a option that says Onboard Video but as you can see there isn t this is the newest BIOS as I bought this computer like months ago Thank You Very Much nbsp

A:Help disabling a onboard graphics called SIS Mirage 2

Laptop or Desktop?

If desktop, try and find the bloody jumper that can disable the onboard video

Lucan

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-disabling-a-onboard-graphics-called-sis-mirage-2.24680/
Relevancy 103.63%

Can i install a tv tuner card (psi) and a graphics card (agp) at the same time?
Also how to I disable shared graphics? I am running Windows XP

A:TV Tuner Card, Graphics card, Disabling Shared Graphics

RichardB49 said:

Can i install a tv tuner card (psi) and a graphics card (agp) at the same time?
Also how to I disable shared graphics? I am running Windows XPClick to expand...

You sure can!!,not sure what you mean by shared graphics though

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tv-tuner-card-graphics-card-disabling-shared-graphics.336971/
Relevancy 103.2%

Hi,

I've seen this problem posted here several times. I have purchased an ATI Radeon 9250 PCI card to use instead of the integrated graphics controller in my computer (VIA Tech VT8361/8610 Graphics Controller). The onboard graphics controller CANNOT be disabled in BIOS (according to Biostar tech support). When I go into Device Manager and find it under Display Adapter, right-clicking it only gives me the option to Uninstall. The Device Usage is greyed out, even though I am logged in with Administrator rights.

So, does anyone know how I can DISABLE this onboard graphics controller. Again, using Windows 2000.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Neil

A:Need help disabling onboard graphics controller using Windows 2000 Pro

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Would you please take a few moments to read this post. A message for all newcomers. Thanks.

What is the make and model of your mobo?

Your mobo manual should tell you how to install a separate graphics card.

Once we know this info we will be able to help you further.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-disabling-onboard-graphics-controller-using-windows-2000-pro.31385/
Relevancy 100.62%

If I have onboard graphics am I able to buy a new graphics card and put that in along side the onboard graphics or will that not? If it doesn't am I able to uninstall the onboard graphics?

Thankyou

A:Graphics card and onboard graphics

Welcome to the forum. Without your motherboard details I would say you can most mb will let you do it

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/127932-graphics-card-onboard-graphics.html
Relevancy 100.62%

I was wondering is it possible to use onboard graphics from my motherboard and use my graphics card at the same time? Also my motherboard states that the onboard graphics is dependent on the cpu. What exactly does this mean how does my cpu effect the onboard graphics

A:Can I use onboard graphics with graphics card

No, usually one can't use both onboard and add-in graphics adapters, by adding the plug-in card the onboard automatically gets disabled, at least on all the computers I've done it with.

Some newer CPUs do have things combined such as AMD CPUs that include ATI video, usual quick explanation of making things that way is for speed. AMD owns ATI Graphics.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/343573-can-i-use-onboard-graphics-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Ok, im new to this site and also pc's, so dont go using all these pc terms.

I saw that you can disable an integrated card. I have an intel extreme graphics 2 card, but it wont let me play Battlefield 2 on it.

I have a Compaq 2700, intel 4, my chipset is intel i865P/PE/G/i848P.

CAn someone tell me how to disable it; what would be the best graphics card to buy; or if i can install a graphics card even though i stil have my integrated one?

Thx for taking the time.

P.S Battlefield 2 demo is out now and i cant play it

A:Disabling? I need help on disabling a integrated graphics card

Check on the compaq website for your system to see whether the graphics can be upgraded.

Also please don`t start another thread, just because no-one has answered this one.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disabling-i-need-help-on-disabling-a-integrated-graphics-card.26456/
Relevancy 93.74%

and im getting a new asylum 64mb. few weeks ago I have borrowed a graphics card from a friend, from a newer compaq. This graphics card had a hook on the back of it, and didnt fit in my white pci slots. They were 2 black slots which I have no idea which they were but it didnt fit. Im wishing this new asylum card will work. Im just thinking will this graphics card fit in my compaw pressioro 5441. The older style kind, its a amd processor, and also has a onboard sound card ESS solo, stuff like thats, its all bunched togeather. but my question is will the new asylum fit into my white pci slots with that damn hook on the back of the chips.

A:I have a onboard sis 530 graphics card..

The video card you're talking about requires an AGP slot. Its a brown slot. Your computer doesnt have an AGP slot. It only has PCI and ISA slots. You will need to get a PCI graphics card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-have-a-onboard-sis-530-graphics-card.19804/
Relevancy 93.74%

hello. i just got a new graphics card for my pc but it not working cause of my onboard graphics card, i dont why but here is some sceens

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj173/marshy211/Driver.jpg

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj173/marshy211/Driver1.jpg
ty for helping

Relevancy 93.74%

I have aGigabyte GA-MA785GM-UD2H motherboard on order. The onboard graphics are AMD HD4200 which I believe are pretty good. I also have a nVidia GeForce 8400 GS which I bought when I upgraded to a HD monitor.

Simple question which should I use when the new MB is installed?

A:New MB - use onboard graphics or old card?

Pretty much either or as they both perform about the same. The only advantage the 8400GS will have is that it won't use system ram.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/89052-new-mb-use-onboard-graphics-old-card.html
Relevancy 92.88%

I have an hp envy 750 dt desktop. If I added an PCI-E 3.0 graphics card will this automatically disable the onboard intel video? Is there any way to use a PCI-E 3.0 graphics card and the onboard video at the same time?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/hp-envy-750-dt-graphics-card-with-onboard/td-p/5656508
Relevancy 92.88%

If you have an onboard video card and then you install in a graphics card, will they work together? I'm getting a motherboard with a Geforce 6150, and a Geforce 7600GT. Will they work together, or will the Geforce 7600GT just do everything?

A:Onboard Video + Graphics Card?

The 7600GT will do everything. But that's ok if you want dual monitors because the 7600GT can support 2 screens.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/onboard-video-graphics-card.70194/
Relevancy 92.88%

Probably a dumb question (sorry) but trying to do some homework before my new system and monitor arrive.

Monitor (Dell U2713HM) will have multiple input possibilities, including DVI-D, Displayport and HDMI.

Graphics card (GeForce GTX 745) will have DVI-D and HDMI outputs.

Computer will also have onboard Displayport 1.2 output.

I assume I am going to connect the monitor and graphics card directly via DVI-D, but my questions are these:

Is there going to be any difference between using the onboard DisplayPort vs the graphics card DVI-D connection? If I use the onboard Displayport as the connection to the monitor, is this bypassing my graphics card altogether or is the graphics card working in conjunction with the DisplayPort in some way?

Thanks.

A:Which to use? Onboard DisplayPort or DVI-D on graphics card?

Personally, if you have a dedicated card then use the ports on that card. I would assume (only an assumption without knowing more detailed system specs) that the onboard display port is associated with an integrated APU / GPU setup.

As far as DVI-D and HDMI go, they are essentially the same as far as graphics are concerned, the main difference is that HDMI also carries audio (DVI-D is only video). If you have speakers connected to normal audio ports then it makes no difference. If you are using a screen / TV with its own speakers then HDMI is probably a better option as it means less cables.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-to-use-onboard-displayport-or-dvi-d-on-graphics-card.1128983/
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi,

I have a Compaq SR5000 desktop with windows vista home premium and I wanted to install a second graphics card to use a 2nd monitor. I installed the 2nd card, however it automtically disables the onboard card which I don't it to do.When I look in device manager the onboard card doesn't appear anywhere or I can't get it to appear. There is an option in the BIOS to choose the main display , either th eonboard, pci or pci-E, so obviously I've tried the onboard option, but it still is disabled. I've got the drivers for the onboard card and tried to install them while having the 2nd graphics card in but that didn't work. Is there anything I can do to get this working or is it just not possible, any advice appreciated.
Thks.

A:How to enable onboard graphics card

This behavior is pretty typical on most systems. Generally if you want to run multiple monitors you can do it from the same graphic device, so in this case off the new add-in graphics card. Does the new graphics card not have multiple outputs? What is the exact card you both and what connections do each of the monitors have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-enable-onboard-graphics-card.1091728/
Relevancy 92.88%

Hey guys Sorry unfortunately OK card display? no Onboard graphics but I am not very computer savvy and Onboard graphics OK but no card display? my comma key is jammed sorry again I have been messing with this computer for weeks with no luck I don t know exactly what kind of computer this is but it is a Gateway and it says GM Windows XP OS My motherboard is an MS- also says N not sure what that is The card I am trying to get to work is an nVidia GeForce LE Let me start by clarifying the problem for a long time the card worked great I have a habit of leaving my computer in sleep mode for a while and one day I heard a very loud pop possibly related and the next day my video card didn t work anymore The onboard graphics still work great -- UNTIL I go to the Netflix site I use this computer primarily to watch videos so this is a problem As soon as the website loads the mouse gets jumpy and so does video audio is flawless Even Hulu works perfect--Netflix is the only problem I tried upgrading Flash and Silverlight -- no luck there Not sure what else to do So this leads me to my real problem I think the computer is reading the card occasionally because when I have the card in but VGA connected to onboard graphics forgive my lack of diction there usually is no display I take the card out and the display is fine I connect the VGA also tried S-video to the card and still no display The computer is booting up fine it s just the dang card SO here is what my Googling has led me to thus far I tried updating my card driver but nVidia has to read the card in order to do that and it keeps telling me it isn t there when I connect through onboard graphics with card in so I guess sometimes the motherboard doesn t read it I have installed the chipset driver K T is the one I installed I even updated BIOS because it came up on the Gateway support site under my mobo although I have no idea what it did was supposed to do I have given up experimenting I don t mind buying a new graphics card but I d like to make sure this one is dead first Aaaaaany help would be greatly appreciated including a fix to the Netflix problem Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/onboard-graphics-ok-but-no-card-display.1025042/
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi All,

Is it possible to switch from onboard graphics and 4850. Now I am using Intel 945GCC motherboard and having HD4850 graphics card. I want to use 4850 while playing games and onboard graphics card for regular usage, So that I can save some power.

A:Using Onboard graphics card along with 4850

No, and the power requirement for the 4850 isnt taxing anyway.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-onboard-graphics-card-along-with-4850.128755/
Relevancy 92.88%

Can I run my on-board graphics and a video card at the same time on the same computer and if so how do I go about enabling both? I have a ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO motherboard that I installed a Galaxy GT430 1GB DDR3 128bit video card for which I had to disable the on-board Ati Radeon HD 4200 graphics to work! my question is can I enable both the on-board and the video card at the same time to connect one to a monitor using the vga connector and the other to a hdtv using a hdmi cable? If so how do I enable both? (I cannot use the hdmi on the grapics card because of the space on my computer case where the hdmi is is too tight to put a hdmi cable in! but the mother board has an hdmi connection that I can utilize, can this be done?)

A:Video card and onboard graphics?

After writing this post I found the answer in another post that i didn't see at first and found that doing it the way I wanted is not possible but I did some more research and found an adapter that can convert VGA to hdmi on this site: http://aluratek.com/vga-to-hdmi-1080p-adapter-with-audio which I think will solve my problem for now, my monitor is a 19" flat screen tv that doesn't have hdmi,only vga and I have a HDTV and I want to run my computer thru both and I think this adapter will do the trick. will keep you posted on the results of the project when I finally get the adapter. That link should be :http://aluratek.com/vga-to-hdmi-1080p-adapter-with-audio (adapter-with-audio)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-and-onboard-graphics.165427/
Relevancy 92.88%

Well here is the deal. When I put windows XP on my PC my on-board graphics card stopped working. Well that was all fine and dandy because I installed a PCI-E graphics card. Well, its been about 3 years now and my graphics card is done. One of the capacitors blew up.

Now I am trying to reinstall my on-board until I am able to purchase a new graphics card. Well It is not letting me use my on-board graphics card. When I go to install it, it is telling me it cannot find the driver. I think this is happening because I uninstalled windows Vista, and that graphics card is only compatible with VISTA.

If there is any way to get around this please help! Thanks so much for taking your time to read this. Have a good day!

-Ron

A:Onboard graphics card (non-working)

When I go to install it, it is telling me it cannot find the driver.Click to expand...

If the onboard graphics are not working, how are you getting this message on the screen in the first place? In other words, if you are getting this message, the onboard graphics are not dead. When you installed Windows XP, you should have gone to the PC manufacturer's website to locate the motherboard chipset, sound, LAN, graphics, etc., drivers. If the PC is a custom or self built computer, then you would go to the motherboard manufacturer's website for these drivers. Anytime you install any version of Windows you should be doing this.

Try doing it now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/onboard-graphics-card-non-working.150161/
Relevancy 92.88%

Hello, I have a quesiton about Onboard GFX
An Intel Core i5 3570K HAS an Integated GPU
There are motherboards that have Integrated GPU also
A) Can I use BOTH of them for gaming? (I know integated are bad, the question is "theoritical"
B) Can I use BOTH of them plus an integrated one?
Thanks

A:Onboard graphics card question

Wow no one? How to delete the thread?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/onboard-graphics-card-question.182315/
Relevancy 92.88%

I am trying to install a new graphics card onto my computer. The problem is I can not take out my onboard graphics controller. I seem to keep getting the same results when I search the net for how to disable the onboard graphics card. I need to disable through BIOS but I have no clue how to do it. I have the new card installed on the AGP port... Please if anyone can tell me what to take out through BIOS or what I need to do in order for this to work. I can get to bios lol, just no clue which to take out.!

Relevancy 92.02%

Hey,
I have a Sony Vaio laptop with intel HD4000 and a radeon 7670m running Windows 8. Will using the leshcat labs drivers enable switchable graphics for me? I was also told I shouldn't install the latest drivers from ATI, just use the ones Sony releases. Is this true or is this just what Sony tech support is supposed to say?

More system info:

Intel i7
8GB RAM
Windows 8 64 bit

A:Enabling Radeon 7670 Graphics card - Sony Vaio

Model number SVE14A27CXH

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/17942-enabling-radeon-7670-graphics-card-sony-vaio.html
Relevancy 91.59%

I decided to upgrade to a separate video card in my HP p6710f PC with ATI Radeon HD 4200 onboard graphics. The card I purchased is an MSI Radeon R7 240. I installed the card and although the fan ran there was no video output. I don't know if the card is DOA or another problem. If I disable the onboard graphics in device manager or in the bios before installing the new card and the new card is in fact DOA, how can I ever regain output from the onboard graphics again for output to the monitor? It seems to me I would be dead in the water with a black screen and no way to do anything. If anyone can help and knows the answers to this problem it would be greatly appreciated!

A:Once Onboard Graphics Are Disabled, What If New Video Card is DOA?

You need to disable onboard graphics after installing a video card and starting the computer for the first time.
Also make sure the video cable is properly connected to the new card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/402633-once-onboard-graphics-disabled-what-if-new-video-card-doa.html
Relevancy 91.59%

hey everyone

my sisters emachine of 3 yrs of age has finally had its first problem, the onboard
video card seems to have failed, in an attempt i bought a cheap graphics card
hoping to resolve the problem, a"256MB AGP Geforce Fx5200", ive been told that i need to disable the onboard graphics card first, before the other card can take over, but the whole reason why i even bought the card, was because i cant see her monitor, so there is no way i can change the settings, i am not new to computers, but i am very new to this problem, any info or suggestions as to what i can do to fix the problemswould be very much appreciated, thnx

A:No monitor, How do i disable onboard graphics card

Disable the Onboard Grapphix in DEVICE MANAGER. Install your new card. Install the drivers. Be sure to hook the VGA cable up to the correct outlet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-monitor-how-do-i-disable-onboard-graphics-card.65470/
Relevancy 91.59%

I have a 1 yr-old Dell Dimension 5150 with on-board graphics and sound. I have recently purchased a GeForce 6600 128MB PCI-E graphics card to try and beef it up a bit.

I have inserted the card correctly into the PCI-E slot but my problem is in installing the driver. I'm certain that I have downloaded the correct driver, but as I run the set-up program I get the following error message:

The NVIDIA setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.

And that's it - all my hopes of playing a decent game dashed at the first hurdle. Is there anyone who may be able to help?

Many thanks

Relevancy 91.59%

Hi guys, I'm a noob here, and was just wondering if there was any way to change my onboard graphics card in my laptop? My laptop is a Acer Aspire 5520, with the default Nvidia Geforce 7000m.

I'm usually alright with it, but I'm trying to start playing serious games (Arkham Asylum ), and I get this error "1x32 fb render target issue".

I really hope this is more of a software issue than anything.

Thanks,
Smartman

A:Changing Onboard Graphics Card in Laptop

Quote: Originally Posted by smartman

Hi guys, I'm a noob here, and was just wondering if there was any way to change my onboard graphics card in my laptop? My laptop is a Acer Aspire 5520, with the default Nvidia Geforce 7000m.

I'm usually alright with it, but I'm trying to start playing serious games (Arkham Asylum ), and I get this error "1x32 fb render target issue".

I really hope this is more of a software issue than anything.

Thanks,
Smartman

Have you looked to see if your current graphics chipset is capable of running your games. That error IS usually a software issue and you may not have to change at all
IF you have to change, it isnt the kind of change that most laptop owners (unless pretty handy and unless you dont mind voiding your warranty) can or should do.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/90943-changing-onboard-graphics-card-laptop.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Would anyone happen to know if the onboard video should be disabled in the BIOS when installing a new graphics card in a PCIExp slot. If it is left enabled, the PC should find the new card and boot from it, correct?

A:Graphics card and onboard (Intel) Video

yes it should auto detect your setup...if it does not THEN you might need to enable/disable in bios

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-and-onboard-intel-video.1121305/
Relevancy 91.59%

My PC is showing just a black screen, I know it is not the monitor as I have checked it on another PC. I want to know if it is possible to install a seperate graphics card without disabling the onboard one. The reason I ask that is that cannot get anything from the onboard one, or will I have to replace the motherboard? If I have to do that will I lose everything I have on my PC. If I can replace would I then be able to disable the onboard one?

Any help really appreciated,
Dojo

Relevancy 91.59%

Hi I have a Dell XPS L X So I recently installed a game called Wolfenstein The New Order And every time I run the game I get an error known on the web as quot wglCreateContextAttribsARB failed quot I know the cause of the error is that the game keeps identifying my integrated Graphics Disabling Integrated card? graphics card Intel HD Disabling Integrated Graphics card? as the main graphics card whereas I have a dedicated graphics card onboard Nvidia GeForce GT M GB dedicated memory The issue is that my integrated card only supports OpenGL and below although my GPU supports until OpenGL I know for a fact this GPU is able to run the game and YES I have already selected my GPU as the primary graphics card under Manage D settings global settings AND the specific program settings AND even tried setting PhysX Configuration as the GPU itself all to no avail I have also attempted to disable my Intel HD through device manager couldn t disable it through bios but whenever I do so that turns off my laptop s display However I have a TV to which my laptop is connected to via HDMI So my laptop s screen is transferred to my TV and I cannot change turn my laptop s display ON unless I were to re-enable the integrated graphics card Strange in my opinion On the other side I ran the game without the integrated graphics card while using my TV as the display and the game runs just fine So CLEARLY the GPU GT M is able to run this game but the game doesn t identify it Instead only identifying the integrated Intel HD Graphics card or identifies the integrated graphics card as the primary for some reason Help please I want to play the game on my laptop s screen not on my TV Also on a side question is it possible to completely disable my integrated graphics card Intlel HD without losing my display If so how Thank you for your time EDIT I have found out that a similar problem I used to have with another game Watch Dogs about the game requiring my video card to support DirectX for the game to run so it never ran now works smoothly when I disable my integrated graphics card and use my TV as my main display EVEN THOUGH my GT M is below the minimum requirements for the game

A:Disabling Integrated Graphics card?

You can switch between the graphics cards - using low performance Intel graphics for browsing/less graphics intensive application and using high performance nVidia graphics for graphics intensive applications like games.
You can have a look at the folllowing link to switch between Intel graphics and discrete graphics (nVidia, in your case):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCh9Eob0mNY

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19586281
Relevancy 91.16%

Hello there I am doing some work for a friend on his after installing onboard graphics signal from card No card OR new PCI-e new-ish HP computer The specs it shipped with are HP Pavillion p p Aloe H-RS -uATX motherboard AMD Athlon II X processor GB DDR memory Integrated ATI No signal from PCI-e card OR onboard graphics after installing new card radeon HD graphics watt No signal from PCI-e card OR onboard graphics after installing new card Bestec power supply He wanted to upgrade the graphics for gaming and ended up purchasing an XFX ATI Radeon HD brand new Because it recommended a W power supply he also purchased a second-hand-but-tested L amp C brand W power supply He first replaced the power supply and reconnected all the elements of the motherboard and the hard disk and optical drive and then booted up and everything worked and displayed just fin with the onboard graphics BUT After installing the XFX ATI Radeon HD in the PCI-e slot he hooked the monitor to the DVI ouput on the card and rebooted the computer appeared to reboot normally and all fans and lights were running appropriately but no signal at all during the whole process from the graphics card Not too unusual right But He powered down took the graphics card back out and reconnected his monitor to the onboard graphics then booted back up This time even though it had booted successfully in this configuration just a few minutes previously with perfect monitor signal he got the quot no signal quot from the monitor We have since worked on this problem quite a bit to the extent of our abilities The XFX card works like a dream when inserted into my computer So does his monitor But no configuration of power supplies original or higher-powered second-hand or graphics output ports seems to be able to send a signal to his monitor Have also tried using a VGA cable in addition to the DVI or turning the monitor on before the computer Have also tried putting my old PCI cardin his computer and no output through it either The last confusing element of this problem is that the lack of signal is not consistent more like When I arrived to take a look at the computer today he booted the computer up with the new graphics card and the new power supply both installed and voila we got an image on the monitor showing the bootup screen and about five seconds of Windows beginning to boot Then boom it cut out with a quot no signal quot and we haven t been able to coax the signal back yet Any ideas There s only so much I can possibly do without a functioning display Please let me know any thought you may have as this leaves us scratching out heads If you need any more information from me please ask nbsp

A:No signal from PCI-e card OR onboard graphics after installing new card

Maybe a loose connection in computer or cable/monitor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-signal-from-pci-e-card-or-onboard-graphics-after-installing-new-card.976593/
Relevancy 90.73%

I got an HDTV with an HDMI port today My motherboard Asus M N HD-HDMI has a onboard port for HDMI At first my pc would not run to the TV I looked through the BIOS and found an option called onboard GPU it was set to auto I changed it to always enabled I searched around and found the display control and of inconflict card graphics Onboard HDMI port set it towards the Onboard HDMI port inconflict of graphics card onboard port Onboard HDMI port inconflict of graphics card But it still would not want to send the display to the TV So after while I removed the graphic card Geforece GT suspecting that was the problem I did not want to remove it because I still play pc games After removing the card the port started to work I want to know is there a way for the display go to the onboard port while still having the graphic card installed and use it for my games and still route it to the port Also what would be the best settings for the TV I installed the drivers for the motherboard but the display isn t all the great If all else fails I can always use the TV for my xbox Thanks in advance System specs Windows XP bit AMD Dual core GB RAM no graphic card two hard drives nbsp

A:Onboard HDMI port inconflict of graphics card

The HDMI onboard must also be connected to the onboard Video circuitry as well.
By plugging in the addon (Geforece 6800 GT) Asus Motherboard setup has concluded that you do not require the onboard Video (anything) and turned it off automatically (and you cannot change that setting)

One option would be to have a addon Video Card that also has HDMI on it.
Or purchase a PCI HDMI compatible card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/onboard-hdmi-port-inconflict-of-graphics-card.113746/
Relevancy 90.73%

Hello all Please help me I purchased motherboard with the manufacturer number of MB G MB G GATEWAY MOTHERBOARD DESKTOP BOARD SOCKET AM on I had put it into my system and then proceeded to install upgrades from the Gateway website I saw there was a BIOS update file G P ROM available so I tried to update my BIOS Well after updating my BIOS with the ROM file that I had gotten from their website http support gateway com us en pro amp modelId but after update! working not graphics after card BIOS Onboard that the on board ATI graphics adapter is no longer working I tried to contact Gateway with no luck and them telling me that they don't recommend updating the BIOS I also tried to contact the place where I purchased the motherboard from and they said that they didn't have the original ROM The motherboard is also not listed on the Foxconn website either I am running Windows x Build and Onboard graphics card not working after BIOS update! I have also tried using a Ubuntu LTS live USB and that did not work as well As far as I can tell the BIOS will not even recognize it I am now currently using a NVIDIA GeForce GT graphics card that is plugged into the x PCI-E slot I have found modified ROM files that someone had done for this motherboard but I don't want to risk it And every forum and post I've come across has dead links to ones that someone has made a copy of the ROM file and uploaded from their motherboard If you need any information or if I did not make anything clear enough please let me know Thank you in advance for taking your time to read this and to help me My system is a Gateway DX - e with gb's of DDR RAM originally gb's of RAM but a gb stick blew out from a power surge hence why I had to get a new motherboard with a AMD Phenom II x Black Edition Deneb GHz Socket AM processor Once again thank you for reading this and thank you for the help in advance

A:Onboard graphics card not working after BIOS update!

Have you tried updating the driver for the on-board graphics?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/248998-onboard-graphics-card-not-working-after-bios-update.html
Relevancy 90.73%

My current card (Nvidia GeForce 7600 GS) apparently overheats extremely quickly, so I'm trying to find a new card. My question is that I have ATI video on board on my motherboard. Is it at all possible for that to conflict with a Nvidia graphics card, or am I just really paranoid?

Relevancy 90.73%

Ahh the question mark got you interested eh Nothing gets people going like a good mystery Well the topic says it all really Absolutley everything about this computer is running horribly slowly When I found out that streaming videos such as youtube or running flash programs brought the computer to it s knees I figured it might be a problem with onboard card computer, graphics missing? Slow the graphics card though opening my e-mail client takes about minutes of waiting so who knows So I set out to find out Slow computer, onboard graphics card missing? what onboard graphics card is in this computer msinfo ran and under components gt display there s nothing Tried to run Speccy and there s no graphics card listed under Graphics just the Slow computer, onboard graphics card missing? moniter Everest comes through though Under GPU SiS Intergrated is listed So off I set to find some drivers for it I found some drivers for Slow computer, onboard graphics card missing? SiS Intergrated GPU s on SiS s site and on some rd party sites but all the ones I download every time I try to install them I get an error message saying quot The setup program cannot find suitable driver The setup program will now terminate quot Have to say I m getting sick of the sight of this damn work computer

A:Slow computer, onboard graphics card missing?

Was this work computer provided to you by your employer? If so, please bring it to an IT professional within your company. If not, use the Avira Rescue System. What happens with it, is that you run the EXE that you download, it creates a bootable CD, that you, well, boot to, and you can run virus scans with it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/340842/slow-computer-onboard-graphics-card-missing/
Relevancy 90.73%

I've just installed a genuine copy of Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit & made sure my Nvidia 8800GTS was attached correctly to the motherboard at the time of installation. When Vista started up, I went into DXDIAG & it says that the graphics are 14mb integrated as opposed to 640mb Nvidia 8800GTS which I have connected.

I then tried inserting the driver CD but that didn't work either.

I'm all out of ideas. I'd appreciate any help regarding this, thanks.

Also,I just wondered... How is it even showing a display on the monitor if the monitor is attached to the 8800GTS?

A:[SOLVED] Vista Using Onboard Graphics Instead Of 8800GTS Card

In the BIOS I found a section called INTEGRATED PERIPHERALS.

Here is the list which was in that section:

SATA RAID/AHCI MODE
SATA PORT0-3 NATIVE MODE
USB CONTROLLER
USB 2.0 CONTROLLER
USB KEYBOARD SUPPORT
USB MOUSE SUPPORT
LEGACY USB STORAGE DETECT
AZALIA CODEC
ONBOARD H/W LAN
SMART LAN
ONBOARD LAN BOOT ROM
ONBOARD SATA/IDE DEVICE
ONBOARD SATA/IDE CTRL MODE
ONBOARD SERIAL PORT 1
ONBOARD PARALLEL PORT
PARALLEL PORT MODE

So as far as I can tell, there's no option there for enabling or disabling onboard graphics. I'm using a Gigabyte GA P35C DS3R Socket 775 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-vista-using-onboard-graphics-instead-of-8800gts-card-190817.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi all I just decided yesterday to hook up my old computer as a second computer for miscellaneous uses I originally used this computer as my main and only computer and had it all working Yesterday when I first booted up it said it couldn t find an OS so I found the CD in my files and reinstalled Windows After some setup of drivers and playing with it to get it running I realized I was still on the onboard graphics rather than the graphics card I have installed in it Even after running the drivers installer off the CD that came with Solved: of video onboard instead Graphics card Windows using the card I couldn t manage to find anything current online to use and setting BIOS to use the PCI graphics card Windows refuses to cooperate Edit I should note here that while booting up or while in BIOS setup the system outputs video Solved: Windows using onboard video instead of Graphics card ONLY through the graphics card but once Windows takes over it decides to use the onboard graphics for output instead I can set up the graphics card to display as a second monitor or even as the primary but the problem is that it refuses to allow any screen resolution other than x nor any color quality other than Lowest bit This is obviously a Solved: Windows using onboard video instead of Graphics card bit below my standards as when I used this graphics card on this computer previously I ran two monitors off the card both at x or better with bit color What I want the setup to be now is to disable the onboard and have the graphics card outputting x at bit color for one monitor The computer is an emachines T Desktop Relevant specs for the system below copied from the official site As far as I remember the only change or addition was the graphics cards though I may have added some RAM too Specifications CPU Intel Celeron Processor GHz w KB L cache amp MHz FSB Operating System Genuine Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Chipset Intel GL chipset Memory MB DDR PC Hard Drive GB HDD Optical Drive x Max CD-ROM Drive quot MB FDD Video Intel Extreme Graphics D GL shared Network Mbps built-in Ethernet The graphics card I am attempting to use is a PNY Verto GeForce FX Video Card I have been unable to find any official site with documentation or specs but the TigerDirect page should have any info you might need Thanks in advance for any help and of course if you need more info that I forgot just ask nbsp

Relevancy 90.73%

Hello All,

Today I installed Windows 8 Pro with Media Centre in my laptop HP dv 2519tu. It was a clean installation. After instaaling laptop doesn't recognized Intel Onboard Graphics Card. When I right click on desktop it doesn't graphic properties in option. I think it may be driver problem.

Please help me in this problem. Your suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Arvin

A:Intel Onboard Graphics Card not recognized in HP dv 2519tu

Try the drivers here:
[Drivers] HP ENVY 15-1XXX (INTEL)

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/14811-intel-onboard-graphics-card-not-recognized-hp-dv-2519tu.html
Relevancy 90.73%

I have searched so many threads I am going crosseyed. I know I have to disable the card in bios my motherboard manual says so. I just cant figure out what the heck the thing is called. My motherboard is an Asus M2N68-Am Plus. My OS is Windows 7. I am trying to install a Nividia G-force 210 graphics card. Can someone please help me?

A:Disabling an integrated graphics card in BIOS

Under BIOS Setup Utility > Advanced tab > Chipset > Southbridge configuration > Primary Graphics Adapter. Choose the option [PCIE -> PCI -> IGP].

This doesn't actually disable the IGP (onboard graphics) but it gives priority to the PCI-E graphics card which lets you use it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disabling-an-integrated-graphics-card-in-bios.153619/
Relevancy 90.73%

Hello Today I bought a brand new Acer V - G laptop that runs Window with a nvida gtx m graphics card built in Getting home I decided to use Just Cause 's bench test to find out how the laptop would hold up After completion and getting a rather low score I noticed it said the graphics card it was running was the integrated Intel r HD graphics card and not the nvidia So after some researching and trying out different ways with no results I right clicked on computer clicked on manage went to device manager then to display adapter saw the intel card and the nvidia card so I disabled the after Black card Help! disabling screen graphics intel card in hopes it would force the nvidia card to be used Black screen after disabling graphics card Help! Once I did that all windows disappeared the desktop was still there and I could still access the tile menu start screen so I restarted hoping it would set everything back to normal and start using the nvidia card Oh how wrong I was Upon restart the acer title logo pops up then disappears as usual but after that I only get black screen nothing else Is there any way to fix this To re enable the graphics card some how Thank you in advance

A:Black screen after disabling graphics card Help!

If you could get to Safe Mode, you could re-enable the onboard graphics.

In some cases, if Windows 8 doesn't successfully start a few times in a row, it will display a screen with alternate boot options - among them an "Advanced Options" tab - which will include an option to start in Safe Mode. Try letting your laptop restart a few times. If it recognises a problem with the onboard graphics, it might produce the Advanced Startup Options menu.

If you don't see that menu appear, you can use a Windows 8 repair disc (USB, CD, or DVD) to boot your computer. It will produce a menu from which you can choose Advanced Startup Options & choose Safe Mode. The Wndows 8 repair disc is not your Windows 8 installation disk, nor is it a recovery disk (such as those provided by your manufacturer). The repair disc starts your computer into the Windows 8 Recovery Environment.

It only takes a minute or two to make the repair disc (literally). From a working Windows 8 PC, press the Windows & R keys at the same time. Then type recdisc. Choose create repair disc, & provide a blank CD, or blank DVD, or USB flash memory drive.

Apparently, your laptop uses a hybrid type program called "Optimus" that uses both the onboard graphics as well as the discrete nVidia mini-card. The idea is that the onboard graphics handle mundane graphics tasks (to save battery life), and the nVidia kicks in when needed for gaming.

It seems that you do have some degree of control over when the nVidia takes over -- the options are in the "nVidia Control Panel". Here's a blurb from a gaming website about it:
Quote:

After you are at the control panel of nVidia, in the left side of that window there is 'Manage 3D settings' Under the 'Select a Task'. Click on that and you see in the other part there is a 'global settings' tab and 'program settings'. Go to the global one and in the 'preferred graphics processor' choose 'High Performance nVidia Processor'. You should then have the optimus technology when you choose apply. The 'program settings' in the other hand is to choose what graphics card you want to use for each program of your preference. So you choose on your program and select your preferred graphic card there

See if the nVidia Control Panel gives you the control you need, once you get things visible again with a repair disc.

Best of luck
. . . Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/black-screen-after-disabling-graphics-card-help-737978.html
Relevancy 90.73%

I've been having some issues with BSOD's occurring over the last couple of days which consistently print out a specific message "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED igdkmd64.sys" which from what I understand is somehow related to my default display adapter Intel(R) HD Graphics 530.

I've attempted doing updates, rollbacks, re-installations, etc and nothing has worked. Is there some way I can simply disable that specific card and allocate my dedicated graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M as the only running video card?

I did try the simple process of going into Device Manager and disabling my 530 but it caused some weird resolution glitches.

Is there a proper way I can disable my 530 in an attempt to see if it stops these random crashes from occurring again, and if so can someone please give me instructions on how I can do that.

Cheers.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/70119-disabling-board-graphics-card-igdkmd64-sys.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hello,

I have a HP Pavilion 533w machine with an integrated Intel 82845 graphics card. I have a new ATI Radeon card that I want to install. However, I am getting errors because of the onboard Intel card. I have disabled the card in the device manager but this is not helping. I need to figure out which jumpers to change on the motherboard. I believe the motherboard is a GL_VE motherboard, however I can not find any info. on how to disable this card so the PC does not recognize it. The BIOS is also of the "Phoneix" make and it has beenr ecently flashed, however, ther eis no option to NOT recognize the onboard BIOS. Can anyone tell me which jumpers to change or where I can go to find out?

Thank you!

A:disabling Intel integrated graphics card 82845 G

Try contacting HP about it.

I would think there would be some kind of option in the BIOS to disable it though... are you sure you looked hard enough? It could have a different name such as onboard VGA, onboard display device, display device selection or something similar.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disabling-intel-integrated-graphics-card-82845-g.9898/
Relevancy 89.01%

Just finished building a new PC for my mates brother all components seemed to be secure I turn on the PC with just the power cable in YAY from input to Built Monitor, Graphics PC, no signal AGP Onboard Newly and card it turns on so i think this is too good to Newly Built PC, no input signal to Monitor, from AGP card and Onboard Graphics be true it turns on first time I unplug it take it upstairs to my monitor plug in my monitor into the AGP card i installed in it Nvidia XT then booted it back up The monitor stays on standby no signal input sign floating round the sreen AHA the motherboard has onboard graphics maybe it defaults to that I remove the AGP card plug the monitors cable into the VGA socket on the motherboard boot it back up Still nothing I presumed that because the fan comes on CD drive and HDD that the processor is intalled Newly Built PC, no input signal to Monitor, from AGP card and Onboard Graphics right So then I reset the CMOS normally solves most things in my case lol boot it back up and still i got nothing The monitor and the Cable work fine and the AGP Newly Built PC, no input signal to Monitor, from AGP card and Onboard Graphics card is fine to as my friend used it in his other PC before giving it to me Motherboard is brand new and i had the same model before just without the onboard graphics Memory is also intalled right i checked twice For the love of god help me Could it be something to do with the Hard drive Slave Master wrong way round Disk Drive faulty I DON T KNOWW lol the only old bits in the PC are the Hard Drive Disk drives and the case itself Please consider everthing before just saying faulty this the Motherboard in question http www ecs com tw ECSWeb Product uID amp LanID Thanks nbsp

A:Newly Built PC, no input signal to Monitor, from AGP card and Onboard Graphics

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/newly-built-pc-no-input-signal-to-monitor-from-agp-card-and-onboard-graphics.427183/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi, I have a EVGA e-GeForce 7600GT 256 MB PCIe Video Card which supports the SLI technology allowing me to link up 2 or more graphics cards for greater performance. Now this card has DDR3 memory. I wanted to know if I can link it up with a DDR2 memory graphics card which also supports SLI. If I can, how will this difference affect performance?

A:Linking a DDR2 memory graphics card with DDR3 SLI graphics card?

Now this card has DDR3 memoryClick to expand...

Which card?? "A card with DDR3 memory", or "A thingy with a red switch on it" tell us just as much.
But if it's not another 7600 GT you're trying to SLi, just forget it, especially if you're going to buy the other card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linking-a-ddr2-memory-graphics-card-with-ddr3-sli-graphics-card.890912/
Relevancy 80.41%

I will be installing a PCI video card on a HP and I need to know how to install this.
I know you will need to go into the Bio and disable the onboard display drivers. but i dont know how to do that will someone help me.

Thank You,
Mark

A:Installing a PCI Video Card and disabling onboard card

I am almost pretty sure that your hp should auto detect the new video card and default to it. At least that has been the case in everyone that i have installed. try that first. Just remember to connect your video cable to that card after you install it and not the original on board video card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-a-pci-video-card-and-disabling-onboard-card.159051/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hey everyone I m in dire need computer to card up fine graphics Graphics post monitor, my doesn't boots any of some help with my PC The computer turns on fine and boots up can hear the windows start up tune Graphics card doesn't post any graphics to my monitor, computer boots up fine but I can t see anything on the monitor Here s the details I was playing a computer game on friday and during that it crashed I have no idea if this is when things started or not but I restarted and it was fine On sunday I had another crash only the screen flickered once or twice and there were green pixel lines going from top to bottom of the monitor about inches apart in a perfect pattern When I restarted there were no graphics on the monitor The light was flashing indicating it was on power saving mode I took the computer apart unplugged everything and put it all back together and for whatever reason it worked fine for about hours The next day I turned the computer on and it loaded fine but shortly after there was the return of the green pixel lines with the added addition of the top left corner of the screen being filled with green pixelated triangles in a perfect pattern These were flickering furiosly I tried restarting my computer and again I got no graphics posted to the monitor However the computer booted up fine and I heard the start up tune and minutes later I shut it down by pressing the quot Power Off quot button on my keyboard I tried another monitor and again got nothing I then tried taking the computer apart and putting it back together again only this time it didn t help I ve taken my graphics card out put it back in used both the monitor cable ports left the computer off all night without the power cable in and I can t get anywhere I ve taken my old card GeForce GTX out and borrowed my landlords GTX which is working fine at the moment I would go and buy a new card but I don t want to risk this happening again if I don t know why it s happening Fingers crossed I don t break my landlords graphics card by putting it in my pc I would like to know what s causing this if it is my graphics card or whether my motherboard will just start eating future graphics cards A friend of mine had a scenario not long ago where his motherboard kept breaking his graphics cards some how How would I know it would be safe to splash out on a new card My computer worked fine for years until now I d also like to point out that the fans didn t go into faster mode at any point they all remained pretty calm so I don t think it was overheating My computer s spec is OS Windows XP GPU GeForce gtx DVD Sony DVD-RW Q A Networking Nvidia nForce Networking Controller Processor Intel r Core tm Quad CPU GHz Motherboard nForce i SLI PSU Enermax Galaxy watt Thank you everyone nbsp

A:Graphics card doesn't post any graphics to my monitor, computer boots up fine

Its usually just the graphics cards, they do fail especially if they overheat - then video card fan not speeding up might have been the problem - most are dynamic and should actually speed up under load. Depending on the manufacturer of your 8800GTX you might be able to get it replaced under warranty if they have a 3 year or greater warranty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-doesnt-post-any-graphics-to-my-monitor-computer-boots-up-fine.843395/
Relevancy 79.98%

I'm recently working on my brother-in-law's computer that was given to him. I installed windows2000 professional...i.e. reformatting and removing all old software. Everything so far seems to run great...if you don't plan on having any sound. It appears the sound card is a SoundPro HT1869V+ on board and is not compatable with win2000 nor has drivers to install for win2000. My first question is this....can I disable the onboard sound card and install a new sound card i.e. Creative soundblaster and if so my 2nd question is how do I disable the onboard sound card? Would this be done in bios? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

A:Disabling Onboard Sound Card

try going to start/settings/control panel/add remove hardware, go throught the uninstall prompts. If you can see the sound chip there you should be able to uninstall or disable it.

Otherwise you can look in the bios for a setting to disable it, some motherboards have jumpers, you would need to check the manual for the machine. And some disable themselves when you install another sound card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disabling-onboard-sound-card.64455/
Relevancy 79.98%

I have a PC with an integrated video card, and a new video card lined up for it. How do I disable the integrated card and update the PC to recognize the new card?

A:Disabling Onboard Video Card

Right click on My Computer => Manage => System Tools => Device Manager => Display Adapters => Right click on the Integrated card and choose Disable.

You can also do it on BIOS (by hitting Delete after the computer starts up), but I feel more convenient doing the other way.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disabling-onboard-video-card.94212/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello! My video card is:

Intel(R)810e Chipset Graphics Driver(DC133FSB133)4.11.01.1321

I'm planning on putting in a video card for linux so that I can use X. How can I disable the onboard video card so that I can use the new, regular card? I don't think I can use the onboard thing when I have another video card. Thanks for any help that can be provided!

--maxim

A:Disabling onboard video 'card'.

Hi maxim
Some motherboards have a jumper on them to disable the onboard video. There might also be a place somewhere in the BIOS to turn it off and finally some motherboards automatically turn off the on board video if a video card is installed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disabling-onboard-video-card.49968/
Relevancy 79.98%

I've just bought a new video card; BFG GeForce Fx 5700. I haven't been able to play any games so far. Everytime I start the games up they crash or run VERY slowly. HL2 stopped me from going into windows completely causing me to completely reinstall. Does anybody know if i need to disable the onboard video card or is there another solution?
Here's my specs;

Winfast K7s 741mg
2.5 AMD Processor
Geforce 5700 256 DDR
1 gig DDR ram (2x512)
WD 100 Gig HD
WD 80 Gig HD
Philips 16x Dvd dual layered
52x32x52 Cd Rewriter.

Thanx

Waves

A:Disabling Onboard Video card or not?

when you list your specs always include the power supply
in the device manager disable onboard
if you have installed the card,then uninstall it
turn off the computer
swap the monitor cable to the card
start the computer tapping f8
from the options choose
vga mode
when windows finishes booting and installing the card
disable a/virus
install your drivers
reboot the computer

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/disabling-onboard-video-card-or-not-40977.html
Relevancy 79.98%

system aptiva E U PII mhz mb gb HDD IDE PCI ISA x ATI xdvd K W We re trying for disabling new video onboard card to install a new video card geforce MX Didn t have any luck following directions that came with the card or IBM support The installation guide says to disable the onboard video and the computer guide says to use an quot auto- disabling card quot I haven t found this term used ANYWHERE else The only thing I haven t tried because I afraid to I really don t know what I m doing but hafta learn somehow is disabling the onboard video in device manager then installing the new card If I do that and the new card doesn t disabling onboard video for new card work for some reason what will happen Will I be able to reinstall the o disabling onboard video for new card b video or will I be screwed Do I need to install the new card software from the cd before I try to install it Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 79.98%

Hi

Does anyone know a good Graphics card for use for medium gaming, but mostly on using Adobe Software, for example, Photoshop and Illustrator.
Please find below link to Upgrade options I'm looking at for my old PC:
http://www.novatech.co.uk:80/novatech/specpage.html?MBB-N43051

Recomended the entry level 6600GT lineup for Gaming

I'll list too, in case break in link:

Processor: Athlon 64 3000
Heatsink and Fan: Original Manufacturer
Memory: 1x 512MB 184 PIN 2.5V 400MHZ
Motherboard: NF4UK8AA-8EKRS
Socket Type: 939
Memory Slots: 4x DDR
Chipset: NVIDIA nForce4 (CK8-04) Ultra
AGP Slots N/A
16x PCI-Express Slots 1
1x PCI-Express Slots 2
PCI Slots: 4
CNR Slots: N/A
Onboard Sound: 7.1 channel AC97 (Realtek)
LAN: Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000) MAC + PHY (Vitesse)
Onboard Graphics: No
USB Ports: 4
Parallel Ports: 1
Serial Ports: 1
Form Factor: ATX

Look forward to hearing on your advise, Best Regards

A:Whats a Good Graphics card for Gaming and using Adobe Software-Graphics

I've done a lot of research on this because I built a new system back in August. While I am not much of a gamer, I needed a very good NLE machine. However, the card I chose is quite the gamer card but had all the extras I needed to run Adobe Video Collection.

I picked the Connect 3D Radeon X850XT Platinum card from Tigerdirect. At the time it was $350 but I know it's cheaper now. It's got everything you need for a demanding application like Premiere Pro 1.5 and its related software. 256MB of GDDR3 memory and dual DVI outs. I highly recommend this card. I've been using it since the start of September with Adobe and it's great.

Your CPU and memory are a bit more of an important factor with rendering and burning though. My new PC has a 3.4Ghz P4 and 2GB of 533Mhz dual channel RAM. It's an exceptional increase in speed and productivity over my old 2.4Ghz and 512 Rambus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-a-good-graphics-card-for-gaming-and-using-adobe-software-graphics.37997/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi for the last months ive been trying to fix a but Nvidia Random not card with restarts card graphics graphics AMD problem that ive been having with my computer about months ago I did a major pc upgrade where i replaced my motherboard processor ram heat sink power supply and case the only things I used from the original computer where HDD's SDD and my AMD radeon HD gb Now ive have the most strange issue where i can be watching a video off the HDD or surfing the web on youtube etc and not long after I Random restarts with AMD graphics card but not Nvidia graphics card start the activity my computer will turn off like if I had flicked the switch on the back of the power supply and then it boots back up again and will run fine until i start up an activity again and then it does exactly the same thing and reboots there is no BSOD shown nor Dumps Created Ive tried many things to sort this out and have RMA'ed the power supply and the motherboard the motherboard wasn't a direct replacement as they didn't sell my original board anymore which was a gigabyte ga-x -ud now i have an asus p x deluxe I have tried only plugging in one HDD SSD and then tried a spare HDD when that failed i have tried one ram stick at a time and still nothing now heres where it gets strange whilst trying to rule out differnt hardware i switched my AMD card out for a very old mb pcie x nvidia graphics and since then my computer has been running marvelously i can have it playing videos for hours days even although i havent properly tested for days and not a single problem at all The main difference between the cards is obiously one is nvidia and the other is AMD the nvidia one doesn't require any form of external power from the power supply where as the AMD one requires pin connectors and the AMD card is Massively more powerful when compared to the nvidia one the AMD one can run Practically all new titles on max with ease whereas the nividia card struggles to play gta sa on medium so i think ive narrowed it down to a driver error with amd and another driver with my new board a damaged AMD card a second dodgy power supply or something else that i haven't thought about or discovered yet Has anyone else had a similar problem or have any suggetions as im pretty much all out of ideas at this point and its starting to grind my gears that i cant use my expensive new computer as it should be Any help is appreciated Joe P S sorry about any spelling or punctuation mistakes made but Im very tired at the time of writing this and will be going to bed

A:Random restarts with AMD graphics card but not Nvidia graphics card

Quote: Originally Posted by cannotdisplay64

so i think ive narrowed it down to a driver error with amd and another driver with my new board, a damaged AMD card, a second dodgy power supply or something else that i haven't thought about or discovered yet.

Has anyone else had a similar problem or have any suggetions as im pretty much all out of ideas at this point and its starting to grind my gears that i cant use my expensive new computer as it should be. Any help is appreciated.

Joe

P.S. sorry about any spelling or punctuation mistakes made but Im very tired at the time of writing this and will be going to bed

The comparison you are making between GPU brands is pointless as a diagnostic. The MAIN difference I can see is that one card requires external power, and the other one does not. A proper diagnostic would be to test another GPU that requires external power.

I've heard that the specific PSU you bought will sometimes not power all the hardware it is supposed so.
People saying it could barely power a SSD, or even an extra fan.

My thoughts. Try using another PSU, try using a similar GPU. Use your old PSU and see if it still happens for starters.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/276583-random-restarts-amd-graphics-card-but-not-nvidia-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 79.98%

My graphics display suddenly stopped for my computer. My PC is not even recognising my monitor, I tested my monitor with some other PC's and it is working properly. I though graphics card not working.??

But since my existing graphics card is gone and there is no on board graphics card on my PC I am not able to uninstall existing graphics card and install new one.

Could some one please suggest me what to do in this situation to see some thing in monitor so that in can start doing Uninstall/Installtions.?

Thank you very much for your replies in advance. I really apprecite it.

Thanks
Satish.

A:How to install graphics card when the existing graphics card in not working.

You could always stick the new one in and boot up in safe mode. Then proceed to uninstall all the remnant drivers. That *shouldn't* cause any problems, but it may be choppy when you boot up.(I've had this happen before, swapping a Riva TNT2 for a GF6600).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-install-graphics-card-when-the-existing-graphics-card-in-not-working.54327/
Relevancy 79.98%

Okay I m really depending missing card, Overheating, and adapter graphics graphics not VGA working. on you guys to help me out here So my computer is overheating at temps above C My Nvidia Geforce GT m wont update from the nvidia download page nor from device manager I was just simply updating my drivers from Device Manager when I went Overheating, missing graphics card, and VGA graphics adapter not working. to update my VGA Graphics a screen came up and said an error was encountered with Nvidia GeForce GT m Now device manager says VGA Standard graphics adapter cannot start Could this be causing overheating I m also getting strange crashes in League of Legends Overheating, missing graphics card, and VGA graphics adapter not working. since this happened where I get a Black Screen and need to hard reboot my Overheating, missing graphics card, and VGA graphics adapter not working. computer sometimes after games Anyway its like my Nvidia graphics card is quot missing quot or something P S I also have an under laptop cooling fan Edit Also would restoring to factory settings return my drivers to default again and possibly fix this problem Here are my Computer Specs quot Model Alienware M xR Intel R Core TM i CPU U GHz Installed RAM GB usable Windows bit Display adapters Intel R HD Graphics and Standard VGA graphics adapter nbsp

A:Overheating, missing graphics card, and VGA graphics adapter not working.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overheating-missing-graphics-card-and-vga-graphics-adapter-not-working.1045832/
Relevancy 79.98%

I usually make a habit of checking Event Viewer EV on a regular basis having installed new drivers and a new graphics card this morning without a hitch I decided to check EV since this was a rather big change to the system Sure enough there was some new entries However Graphics Event related??) new entries Viewer graphics (NOT Card New when I looked into them they offered little information as to what the problem was When I used the link to see what online information was available the Microsoft site came back New Graphics Card new Event Viewer entries (NOT graphics related??) with no information fixes for this problem These errors do not seem to be affecting anything but I just wanted to know how you folks think I should proceed Here are the two errors and what info I could pull from EV Device Center New Graphics Card new Event Viewer entries (NOT graphics related??) - - System - Provider Name DeviceCenter - EventID Qualifiers Level Task Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Channel Application Computer PC Security - EventData Unknown Node text -- gt Second error will be in the next post

A:New Graphics Card new Event Viewer entries (NOT graphics related??)

The driver detected a controller error on \Device\CdRom0.

+ System
- EventData
\Device\CdRom0
0E00800001000000000000000B0004C001010000000000000000000008480700000000000000000005B9060000000000FFFF FFFF02000000580000840204000001200612080100000000000004010000000000000000000040538B0A80FAFFFF00000000 0000000010B0830A80FAFFFF000000000000000000000000000000001B000000020000000000000000000000700004000000 000A00000000530000000000000000000000
Binary data:

In Words

0000: 0080000E 00000001 00000000 C004000B
0008: 00000101 00000000 00000000 00074808
0010: 00000000 00000000 0006B905 00000000
0018: FFFFFFFF 00000002 84000058 00000402
0020: 12062001 00000108 00000000 00000104
0028: 00000000 00000000 0A8B5340 FFFFFA80
0030: 00000000 00000000 0A83B010 FFFFFA80
0038: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
0040: 0000001B 00000002 00000000 00000000
0048: 00040070 0A000000 00000000 00000053
0050: 00000000 00000000

In Bytes

0000: 0E 00 80 00 01 00 00 00 ..?.....
0008: 00 00 00 00 0B 00 04 C0 .......?
0010: 01 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0018: 00 00 00 00 08 48 07 00 .....H..
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0028: 05 B9 06 00 00 00 00 00 .?......
0030: FF FF FF FF 02 00 00 00 ????....
0038: 58 00 00 84 02 04 00 00 X..?....
0040: 01 20 06 12 08 01 00 00 . ......
0048: 00 00 00 00 04 01 00 00 ........
0050: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0058: 40 53 8B 0A 80 FA FF FF @S?.????
0060: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0068: 10 B0 83 0A 80 FA FF FF .??.????
0070: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0078: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0080: 1B 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 ........
0088: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0090: 70 00 04 00 00 00 00 0A p.......
0098: 00 00 00 00 53 00 00 00 ....S...
00a0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

I just wanted to add that when I go into Device Manager there is no problem with the CD/DVD. I tried updating the driver through DM and Windows says the driver is up to date. I popped in a CD and it reads and plays no problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/276096-new-graphics-card-new-event-viewer-entries-not-graphics-related.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi everyone

I have a bit of a problem. I own an HP Pavilion 6350 and I just purchased a new video card for it (ATI Radeon 32 MB PCI.) My system lists that the current onboard card is a SiS 5597/5598.

When I plug my monitor into the new card, my monitor does not come on. From doing some research, I believe I am supposed to "disable" the onboard video card so that the system will use the new one.

Any ideas on just how I should do that?

BTW...I looked all over the HP support site (if that is what u want to call it) and found nothing. Also, I searched this forum and found a lot of people in very similar situations but not exactly this one so unfortunately, the advice there didn't help much.

I would appreciate any help. Thx in advance...

-Lioness

Relevancy 79.12%

Friends,

Lately I have been having graphics problems in games. There are these " artifacts", wierd shapes, triangles, ect that appear and "shot" through my screen. it is hard to explain what it looks like, except that it is NOT normal.

It is hard to say when these appeared. I have recently got a different monitor. It is not new. It is a Dell CRT monitor. I replaced 1 CRT with another because I am cheap .

I have the latest drivers, I think, for my graphics card ( GeForce 5700 LE ). Not great , but not terrible. I play the games with either low or medium settings. I ran a benchmark test that was terrible.

Any ideas as to weather it is the card or monitor?

Relevancy 79.12%

What I really want to know is how to disable my Radeon HD 4350 graphics card, so that I can swap to Intel HD on-board graphics.

This is so I can compare the two on their Windows Experience Index.

Thanks

Relevancy 79.12%

Hey everyone How r u all Nice to meet u all well my friend bought a laptop it has on board graphics and also a additional nvidia graphics now when I run game the on board graphics card is getting detected and not the nvidia card I tried in bios but in the display part there are only options is optimus whic allows bot nvidia vga and intel vga to work and the other one allows only the intel vga to work so is there a way to make games recognise nvidia or can I disable onboard graphics through device manager laptop model lenovo ideapad z graphics card Nvidia geforce gt Solved: On board Detected Graphics card Graphics not m and one more thing In one of the game I checked PES it shows as its using onboard graphics and I tried arkham city and tried enabling hardware acceleration physx but it said Solved: On board Graphics Detected not Graphics card the laptops hardware doesnt support it one more thing I just went to nvidia control panel and in there d settings and there global settings its written there preferred graphics processor is integrated graphics and I couldnt change Solved: On board Graphics Detected not Graphics card it Solved: On board Graphics Detected not Graphics card can I disable the onboard graphics card in device manager thanks nbsp

Relevancy 79.12%

Hi there, so I just installed windows 7 on my friend's computer. Previously they had a ATI graphics card (not sure which version) but now it says it has a Standard VGA Graphics Adapter. Because of this, the resolution isn't displayed correctly and everything is enlarged. This is very annoying. Can anyone help please?? >-<

Relevancy 79.12%

I recently purchased an Acer Veriton M G desktop which has an i - processor Windows Pro bit and Intel HD to PCI-E Graphics to HD graphics install disable how card Intel Graphics listed as the video card I also purchased a PNY nVIDIA Quadro FX PCI-E card for improved picture editing and home video viewing and editing I have already replaced the original wattt how to disable Intel HD Graphics to install PCI-E graphics card power supply to a watt Antec Truepower I had on hand and boosted the RAM to gigs from the original Question Am I getting any improvement in visual quality or system speed with the Quadro or is it a waste of money and I should just save up to buy a bigger video card This card was on sale for If I am getting improvement then I need to ask another question Question Instructions for the Quadro installation are as follows --Uninstall the existing VGA driver -Remove the existing Display Driver via quot Add or Remove Porgrams quot -Shut down your computer --Remove your Existing Graphics Board or Disable Integrated D Graphics Controller skipping instructions on how to remove existing graphics board -Systems with integrated also know as on-board D graphics may require you to disable the integrated D graphics system Consult the owners or vendor manual that came with your PC on how to properly do this So how do I disable the onboard just uninstall the driver The only driver how to disable Intel HD Graphics to install PCI-E graphics card I can find on the uninstall menu is quot Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver quot does this sound correct I did find the option in BIOS and it is currently grayed out I assume it will activate when it senses another graphics card Acer wants me to access their Pay for support system to learn how to disable the onboard so I m searching elsewhere now Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

A:how to disable Intel HD Graphics to install PCI-E graphics card

It's likely to be an improvement, but check it and see.
Onboard graphics are disabled in the BIOS (Try looking under "Integrated Peripherals" or something similar.
You probably don't need to do this, but it's nice to know how.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-disable-intel-hd-graphics-to-install-pci-e-graphics-card.942178/
Relevancy 79.12%

I just plugged my monitor into the new card (HD4770) and it works, did not disable or uninstall the integrated graphics. the integrated is a NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE chipset. The performance index went higher on paper but other than having better resolution I don't see a huge improvment. I still have video lag trying to watch streaming hd movies and my new camera (Panasonic Lumix ZS7) wont play video in HD over my computer. Must I disable and even uninstall the old integrated graphics too or am I missing something else?

A:I just installed a new graphics card, must I disable the old integrated graphics?

Have a look in your bios to see if it has an option to boot from pci-e or intergrated.
What is the motherboard you are using?

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/281312-i-just-installed-new-graphics-card-must-i-disable-old-integrated-graphics.html
Relevancy 79.12%

i am looking to buy a new graphics card to upgrade from the integrated crap that is ati x200 series 64 mb which although i didnt realize really wasnt what i needed to play battlefield 2142 and battlefield 2 so please help me i don have a clue what im doing in this area i have pci-e slots and a 100 budget

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-to-upgrde-from-integrated-64-mb-graphics-to-real-graphics-card.654809/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi all Sorry if I've failed to search the relevant thread I did have a look but wanted confirmation of what to do Relevant System info Intel Core Quad Q processor Asus P K-E motherboard Gb Corsair DDR ram Leadtek GeForce GT ZL mb graphics card Windows Vista x Problem graphics drivers re-installing for Best method When trying to run graphics intensive programs such as DMark I get the BSOD from the nv mini sys driver graphics Best method for re-installing graphics drivers I believe it's a result of badly installed graphics drivers I installed the default drivers from the CD before looking for Nvidia Vista x drivers As a result my Windows experience for graphics remains at a lowly Solution I've un-installed the display driver run Driver Cleaner Net rebooted and reinstalled The problem is running the Windows performance index my Windows experience for graphics still remains at which leads me to think that the drivers aren't installed properly and that if I run DMark again it'll BSOD I've uninstalled and reinstalled a few times to the same effect What's the best way of making sure I've installed them correctly What I don't think I've tried is Uninstall display drivers Run Diver Cleaner net on quot Nvidia quot and quot Nvidia WDM quot in safe mode I was simply running in normal mode before Re-install GeForce Release drivers for Vista x can I run the exe or is it better to get Windows to pick up the expanded driver files Any help or suggestions are appreciated Or if there's already a guide for this apologies and please point me in the right direction

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/best-method-for-re-installing-graphics-drivers-263218.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Alright so here's the deal I have a geforce fx and recently acquired this system monitoring thing which enabled me to overclock the GPU I didn't set it very high but when i restarted the computer won't load at all Nothing it will just freeze up The card doesn't get overheated at Integrated Enabling Graphics all i already checked that Anyway i tried just removing the card and disabling the overclocking using the integrated card However it will display on the integrated card all the way up to when XP loads The windows loading screen will show and when its done the screen goes black I think that is because i disabled all the drivers and whatnot for Enabling Integrated Graphics the integrated graphics a long time ago I would like to reenable the integrated graphics so i can turn off the changed settings on the card If anyone knows of anything i can do that would be great Also I have tried switching to onboard video controller in the BIOS but that did nothing My safe mode will NOT boot thats been like that for Enabling Integrated Graphics ages now so thats something totally separate from this problem and enable VGA mode did absolutely nothing

A:Enabling Integrated Graphics

go to the computers manufacturers website and see if they have the proper drivers you need.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/enabling-integrated-graphics-263972.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I recently received a BS error from my graphics card. After uninstalling it and using the most up to date AMD Graphics Drivers to reinstall my graphics card in hopes that it fixed the issue, it cause the BS to come back. I then Uninstalled the graphics card again and now I am stuck.

I have no idea what I am doing but my goal is to get my graphics card working on my computer properly again. If anyone can help, it will be very much appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/394286-using-amd-graphics-drivers-reinstall-my-graphics-card-causes-bs.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I currently have two monitors connected and was wondering if the graphics card able to support a four monitor display without any issues.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Is-the-current-graphics-card-Integrated-graphics-using-ATI/td-p/5742906
Relevancy 77.4%

Manufacturer: Dell
Model: Inspiron 1545
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20GHz 2.20 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 3.00 GB
System Type: 64-bit Operating System

I checked the ratings of my components and they came out like this (scale of 1.0 to 7.9):
Processor: 5.5
Memory (RAM): 5.5
Graphics: 3.9
Gaming Graphics: 3.4
Primary hard disk: 5.8

What do I need to do to improve the graphics of my laptop? Do I need to get a new laptop?

*Additional information: I live stream on twitch.tv and I want a good set up for gaming preferably on the computer I currently have. Some of the games I try to play have a lot of lag during the streams and I tried everything to reduce it, but I think it is just my graphics card isn't strong enough. If you want to check out my stream here is the link: www.twitch.tv/diirtyxweezy

A:Do I need a new processor to improve my graphics or do I just need a new graphics card?

This laptop is not a great gaming laptop. There's nothing you can upgrade on it. If you are serious about gaming, use a up-gradable desktop PC or be prepared to spend a great deal more money on a gaming laptop

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-i-need-a-new-processor-to-improve-my-graphics-or-do-i-just-need-a-new-graphics-card.187802/
Relevancy 77.4%

I recently got a bare bones system that I have put together When I turn on the computer though there is no video at all The fans and lights and harddrives and the LCD on the front of the case all come on but my moniter doesn t seem to be getting a signal of any kind There is no sound like the beeps that would say that it is going through the boot up process I have checked this computer out on another moniter as well as testing the video card in another computer Same results with the moniter and the video card works fine in the other computer It is a Asus K V-MX motherboard and an AMD Sempron processor I was extremly careful with these so there would be no electrostatic discharge I obviously cannot change the BIOS as I can t see them so does anyone have any suggestions for me Thanks a lot P padyn View Public Profile Send a private message to padyn Find More Posts by padyn Add padyn to Your Buddy List Add padyn to Your Ignore List Reply Options Reply Reply w Quote Edit Delete nbsp

A:no video card graphics nor online graphics

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

What is the ram & psu make and model?
Try clearing the cmos, per MoBo book.
First check to see that you used MoBo's stand off's correctly and
that the MoBo is not shorting out on the case.
Do a bare setup, only the essentials. Can be done with or without case.

1.cpu heatsink/fan
2.MoBo
3.1 stick of known good ram
4.video card
5. keyboard
6.monitor

Un-hook all power & data cables (except the power to MoBo)
remove all addin cards.
This is just to get you to the bios screen.
Failing this, try booting without any ram just to see if you get any error
beep codes, same with video card.

This should help getting some trouble shooting in order.
G'Luck and let us know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-card-graphics-nor-online-graphics.46486/
Relevancy 77.4%

My Nvidia graphics card has a small cooling fan that is not always working right and I want to uninstall that card and use the
onboard graphics that was installed when i first got the desktop. Will the onboard graphics take the place of the uninstalled card or will I have to reinstall the graphic desktop before I unstalled the bad graphics card.

Relevancy 77.4%

Okay so I ve just had to turn my graphics card off This is because the problem that has plagued me (Graphics Corruption Graphics Card) Problem for the better part of the year has gotten worse The problem THIS This first started in the first Q of the year During a game HL GarrysMod the graphics screwed up The thing is when I got back to desktop everything worked works fine Just the graphics are b ggered royally After an email exchange with the sellers of the graphics card An Abit Radeon SE Dabs I got them to take it back and quot fix quot it By quot fix quot I meant that after using the quot fixed quot card for a while a couple few months it happened again around September So I asked them again but the warranty had expired so no Graphics Corruption Problem (Graphics Card) help Graphics Corruption Problem (Graphics Card) there So I simply didn t play any games Apart from a small period of time in October Where it worked for some reason then started screwing up again I haven t been able to play any D games I then reasoned that it struggled on the D factor So I started playing D games like CnC RA and Baldurs Gate But then recently they started to screw up too So I stopped playing games But now tonight the card started screwing up on the desktop So I disabled the card More information While the card was away getting quot fixed quot my stepdad lent me a spare card of his which he no longer has an Nvidia When i put it in the motherboard wouldn t recognise it So we did everything we reinstalled windows we did the drivers again and we finally came to the conclusion that it was the motherboard So we put in a new mobo and it worked This card worked without a hitch I believe that this may have been caused by not uninstalling the previous drivers before putting in the new card However what I want to know is Was this error caused definitely by the card And will I have to get a new mobo when I get my new graphics card Christmas YAY I would like help and advice Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 77.4%

I just picked up an HP dx2000 desktop computer that has the "Intel Extreme Graphics 2" onboard video card. Im trying to play World of Warcraft on the machine and it is a bit jumpy due to what I assume is the graphics card. The system has 1Gb of RAM so I dont believe it has anything to do with the RAM.

My question is, will my system benifit from a PCI graphics card or is the bus too slow for PCI to show any type of improvement? The only reason I say PCI is because the system does not have an AGP slot.

Thanks!

Relevancy 76.97%

ASUS GT240 graphics card "ERROR CAN NOT FIND GRAPHICS CARD" Can anyone help me with this error message? I can hear the windows startup sound but it shows no display so i plugged the cable into the motherboad and an error box opend wich stated "ERROR CAN NOT FIND GRAPHICS CARD" with no additional information. I searched online and found that asus smart doctor can cause this and they recommend that you uninstall and reinstall the drivers to fix this problem but the pc is not picking up the graphics card to reinstall all the needed drivers. I also found people with the same problem and after they did a clean install of windows7/vista and all the drivers the error box still appeared. Does anyone know how to resolve this problem? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

A:ASUS GT240 graphics card "ERROR CAN NOT FIND GRAPHICS CARD"

Do you have the PCIe set as first to initialize in the BIOS? Also, have you tried the card in another slot on the MoBo? Have you tried cleaning out the slot with canned air? Have you tried using a pencil eraser to gently clean the contacts in the GPU where it plugs into the PCIe?

And please, thoroughly fill out your System Specs by clicking on the tab under your post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/228579-asus-gt240-graphics-card-error-can-not-find-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi there My graphics card has Issues Enabling Integrated Graphics been getting to C and the PC has been freezing regularly because of this So i ve decided to enable the onboard graphics but im having trouble doing so Specs Motherboard - DFI LanParty JR GX M RS Bios - Phoenix quot Award Winning something quot Tried taking the graphics card out and plugging the monitor directly into the DVI-I output from the motherboard - That didnt work I ve tried looking through the Bios to enable Onboard graphics but none of the options are written plainly enough for me to understand Also the disk that came with the motherboard when opened has options of installing quot Chipset Graphics Raid quot etc The graphics option gives you the choice to install both and bit I Issues Enabling Integrated Graphics installed both as I wasnt sure I m not sure which Issues Enabling Integrated Graphics options have been installed previously and which may need to be installed for this to work I d greatly apprecaite it if someone could give me some clear directions on how enable my Onboard graphics or some sort of guide through my Bios thanks nbsp

A:Issues Enabling Integrated Graphics

Reset the motherboard CMOS (Bios) to failsafe defaults

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issues-enabling-integrated-graphics.135616/