Windows Support Forum

Graphic card problem? Repeated crash?

Q: Graphic card problem? Repeated crash?

Hello,
This is my second post here. Unfortunately, the recent thread became inactive.

I've been experiencing crashes on my desktop of a solid colored screen and looping sound.

It's a blue screen error, I was given solutions like fur mark test and memory tests and they were all fine

Now the crashes became a little more often than before (once a day) and lately showing, instead of a colored solid screen, this (attached) checkered pattern comes,

Can anyone please help me find the root of the problem? Is it a hardware problem, just tell me what to do and I'll provide you with info with the best of my abilities

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Graphic card problem? Repeated crash?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Graphic card problem? Repeated crash?

If it isn't overclock check the temps it may be overheating

if that is the case you might need to re apply thermal paste or send it in for it to be replaced

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/313876-graphic-card-problem-repeated-crash.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Acer predator 7 running on Windows 10 , gtx 980 m keep crashing after installation of updated and keep saying that Windows 8 has successfully recover display card driver plz help

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/45830-nvida-graphic-card-crash.html
Relevancy 67.94%

WARNING LONG STORY I've been getting the BSOD error x A after i recently reinstalled windows and installing a new graphics card Originally I was having an issue with my computer when I was graphic BSOD crash after card error Getting only playing the beta of Starcraft where my computer would go into power save mode I contacted Dell about months ago Getting BSOD error after graphic card crash and they instructed me that my graphics card was Getting BSOD error after graphic card crash starting to die I continued using it until about a week ago when on a scorching day my computer wouldn't get past the windows logo screen my fault for trying to run my computer in my room with the room temp being over I noticed my graphics card would get scorching hot within mins of use My computer would only start in safe mode Retardedly I thought that by downgrading my windows version from bit to bit I would be able to access my desktop in normal mode but I initiated the install through safe mode I was unable to complete the re-install however because it was originally started in safe mode I ended up getting a new graphic card but after instaling it and trying to start windows i was getting stuck in an install error loop I was finally able to reinstall windows this past Friday but since then I have been getting the BSOD I have spoken with window's tech numerous times and have reinstalled windows additional times and the drivers for my new graphics card but still get the errors I have been looking through the forums and ran my own quot perfmon reports quot and have attatched the file Any input or advice would be swell THANKS

A:Getting BSOD error after graphic card crash

Quote: Originally Posted by Isralios

*** WARNING... LONG STORY! ***

I've been getting the BSOD error 0x0000001A after i recently reinstalled windows and installing a new graphics card. Originally I was having an issue with my computer when I was only playing the beta of Starcraft 2 where my computer would go into power save mode. I contacted Dell about 2 months ago and they instructed me that my graphics card was starting to die. I continued using it until about a week ago when on a scorching day my computer wouldn't get past the windows logo screen (my fault for trying to run my computer in my room with the room temp being over 100). I noticed my graphics card would get scorching hot within 5 mins of use. My computer would only start in safe mode. Retardedly, I thought that by downgrading my windows version from 64bit to 32bit I would be able to access my desktop in normal mode but I initiated the install through safe mode. I was unable to complete the re-install however because it was originally started in safe mode. I ended up getting a new graphic card but after instaling it and trying to start windows i was getting stuck in an install error loop. I was finally able to reinstall windows this past Friday but since then I have been getting the BSOD. I have spoken with window's tech numerous times and have reinstalled windows 2 additional times and the drivers for my new graphics card but still get the errors.
I have been looking through the forums and ran my own "perfmon /reports" and have attatched the file. Any input or advice would be swell. THANKS!!!

Sorry but the zip file is damaged and unreadable. Please re-zip and upload

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/116014-getting-bsod-error-after-graphic-card-crash.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi everyone I've recently been having a problem with my Dell Inspiron laptop windows Ultimate bit version While I'm playing a game or watching Desktop Repeated Problem Crash a film or doing anything else on my computer which requires a full screen window it keeps crashing to desktop It seems that windows tries to start running a programme in every minutes I don't know what programme this is because it only shows it's icon for about - seconds but it seems to have higher Repeated Desktop Crash Problem priority than any other programme opened at that time After the crashes I can continue playing and doing the stuff I was doing before but after a few minutes Repeated Desktop Crash Problem the same thing happens I didn't install any kind of a new software or programme only windows automatic updates I ran my antivirus programme and it didn't find any viruses I've also reseted the whole computer to the days ago saved state of it and have run the antivirus again but nothing was found and the problem still exist Please help me figure out what causes this problem and if you know the solution please share it with me I would really appreciate it

A:Repeated Desktop Crash Problem

If you like - you could run Nshield 1.5

It runs without installation. If you decide to use it - head to the settings window and uncheck the option to run on windows startup.

Note: It will drive you crazy with pop ups appearing every time a new process wants to run but at least it should enable you to get the name of the one that's causing the problem.

Other than that you could install Process Lasso free version and view the process log to see what process launched at the time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/335517-repeated-desktop-crash-problem.html
Relevancy 67.08%

sometimes, i can play 1-2 minuts, then that happen,
my computer start freezing and my video card crash or BSOD come out.
But if i close the game in time, everything will be fixed.

thanks for your help, and sorry for bad grammar.

A:BSOD when playing a game / my graphic card crash.

You are running a counterfeit installation of windows and trouble shooting this could be problematic, try installing a legal licensed version

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/381577-bsod-when-playing-game-my-graphic-card-crash.html
Relevancy 66.65%

About 7 months ago, i had to RMA a graphics card cause it kept causing BSOD's. The graphics card I had received from EVGA seemed to be dead on arrival so I RMA'd that one as well. The next one(my current graphics card) worked for about 6 months. About a couple days ago it started to get intense artifacting then the display driver will crash receiving the typical message of "display driver crashed due to taking to long to respond"- but it mostly crashes playing mildly graphic intensive games, sometimes i get crashes just being on the desktop, but it's rare
So far i have tried

Installed new drivers
Reinstalled windows
Reseated GPU's the ram as well
updated bios

My system

Motherboard:
Asus p8z68v/gen3

Processor:
i7 CPU 2600k

Memory:
Corsair 8GB RAM

Hard Drive:
500 Seagate

Video Card:
Evga 660

PSU:
corsair cx750m

Operating System:
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

A:GFX card drivers crash when playing graphic intensive games

wltr, welcome to 7 forums. What are your temps?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/346944-gfx-card-drivers-crash-when-playing-graphic-intensive-games.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Some new video card settings is causing my java apps to crash nbsp Attached the error log below nbsp Works fine on older model T Any idea what it can be Version EventType AppHangB EventTime ReportType Consent ReportIdentifier e a-c b - e - - df f IntegratorReportIdentifier e b-c app Java card crash to freeze and causing onboard graphic T1700 (Intel) b - T1700 onboard graphic card (Intel) causing Java app to freeze and crash e - - df f Response type Sig Name Application Name Sig Value java exe Sig Name Application Version Sig Value Sig Name Application Timestamp Sig Value ebb ffe Sig Name Hang Signature T1700 onboard graphic card (Intel) causing Java app to freeze and crash Sig Value af b Sig Name Hang Type Sig Value DynamicSig Name OS Version DynamicSig Value DynamicSig Name Locale ID DynamicSig Value DynamicSig Name Additional Hang Signature DynamicSig Value af b c a a c af f c a d DynamicSig Name Additional Hang Signature DynamicSig Value a c DynamicSig Name Additional Hang Signature DynamicSig Value a ceb ca edf e e d baa DynamicSig Name Additional Hang Signature DynamicSig Value af b DynamicSig Name Additional Hang Signature DynamicSig Value af b c a a c af f c a d DynamicSig Name Additional Hang Signature DynamicSig Value a c DynamicSig Name Additional Hang Signature DynamicSig Value a ceb ca edf e e d baa UI Java TM Platform SE binary is not responding UI Windows can check online for a solution If you close the program you might lose information UI Check for a solution and close the program UI Check for a solution and close the program UI Close the program LoadedModule C Windows system java exe LoadedModule C Windows SYSTEM ntdll dll LoadedModule C Windows system kernel dll LoadedModule C Windows system KERNELBASE dll LoadedModule C Windows system ADVAPI dll LoadedModule C Windows system msvcrt dll LoadedModule C Windows SYSTEM sechost dll LoadedModule C Windows system RPCRT dll LoadedModule C Program Files Java jre bin server jvm dll LoadedModule C Windows system USER dll LoadedModule C Windows system GDI dll LoadedModule C Windows system LPK dll LoadedModule C Windows system USP dll LoadedModule C Windows system WINMM dll LoadedModule C Windows system IMM DLL LoadedModule C Windows system MSCTF dll LoadedModule C Program Files Java jre bin verify dll LoadedModule C Program Files Java jre bin java dll LoadedModule C Program Files Java jre bin zip dll LoadedModule C Program Files Java jre bin awt dll LoadedModule C Windows system WINSPOOL DRV LoadedModule C Windows system ole dll LoadedModule C Windows system SHELL dll LoadedModule C Windows system SHLWAPI dll LoadedModule C Windows WinSxS amd microsoft windows common-controls b ccf df none fa b e d COMCTL dll LoadedModule C Program Files Java jre bin net dll LoadedModule C Windows system WS dll LoadedModule C Windows system NSI dll LoadedModule C Windows system mswsock dll LoadedModule C Windows System wship dll LoadedModule C Windows system NLAapi dll LoadedModule C Windows system napinsp dll LoadedModule C Windows system pnrpnsp dll LoadedModule C Windows system DNSAPI dll LoadedModule C Windows System winrnr dll LoadedModule C Windows System wshtcpip dll LoadedModule C Windows system IPHLPAPI DLL LoadedModule C Windows system WINNSI DLL LoadedModule C Windows system rasadhlp dll LoadedModule C Windows System fwpuclnt dll LoadedModule C Windows system DWMAPI DLL LoadedModule C Windows system uxtheme dll LoadedModule C Program Files Java jre bin fontmanager dll LoadedModule C Windows system CRYPTBASE dll LoadedModule C Windows system d d dll LoadedModule C Windows system VERSION dll LoadedModule C Windows system d d thk dll LoadedModule C Windows system igdumdim dll LoadedModule C Windows system igdusc dll LoadedModule C Windows system nvd dumx dll LoadedModule C Windows system PSAPI DLL LoadedModule C Windows system powrprof dll LoadedModule C Windows system SETUPAPI dll LoadedModule C Windows system CFGMGR dll LoadedModule C Windows system OLEAUT dll LoadedModule C W... Read more

A:T1700 onboard graphic card (Intel) causing Java app to freeze and crash

SROmar,
Go to add/remove and uninstall Java, reboot then reinstall from here http://www.java.com/en/
If you're using Windows 7(64-bit), make sure you download and install the correct version.Click the green icon at this link:http://www.filehippo.com/download_jre_64/                 
For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-Jesse L and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your Dell Order number.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19670905
Relevancy 61.06%

15 days ago My laptop was unable to boot , when i have formatted it and after installing graphic card driver it is unable to boot again , i tried more than 5 times and even i tried windows 7 ultimate , proffessional and even 32 bit and 64 bit but its not working the momment i instal video driver after installing it requires boot and after boot its unabe to start please help my laptop is not in warranty . serial - [Personal Information Removed]  product number - LZ801PA#ACJ  micro poccessor - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz

A:video card/graphic card reboot problem

boynamedanurag Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about booting and video card problems and wanted to help. So, if I understand what you're saying, you reinstalled Win7 and the PC boots OK, right? But when you then install a video driver and reboot, it does not boot, right? My guess is that you have one of the old DV6 laptops that has two video chipsets, something called Switchable Graphics.  And the problem with that is that only the HP OEM video drivers will work on that laptop.  IF you install other ones, such as the ones you get from AMD or Nvidia, they will NOT work -- which sounds like what is happening to you. What DOES work is restoring your PC using HP Recovery Media because that will contain the HP OEM drivers.  Media. This is a set of DVDs and a CD, or USB stick, that will erase the hard drive (removing all data, settings, and applications, reinstall the original OS, drivers, and some HP Utilities. In some cases, you may be able to order a USB stick instead of disks.  You have to order these from HP; they can not be downloaded.You can look online for Recovery Media starting with the linked paged: http://support.hp.com/us-en/driversOnce there, input your Product name or number. On your Software and Drivers Download page, select your Operating System and and Version. Click "Update".  If HP Recovery Media is available for your machine, down near the bottom of the page, you will see an entry for Order Recovery Media-CD/DVD/USB. Click the "+" symbol to expand that entty and click on Order Media for details.Or, if you prefer, you can do the same by contacting HP Customer Service:If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.htmlNOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while! Good Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks.If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/video-card-graphic-card-reboot-problem/td-p/5607725
Relevancy 59.77%

First of all I don't know too much about computers so use easy language please I have sent in my computer to get repaired and got it isn't my Graphic graphic finds found. Help! card Only integrated card. back yestersay Since then i've been trying to get it to work properly again I can't play any of the games I used to play before I sent it in to get repaired for example Battlefield I can start dota but it looks pretty messed up I can run minecraft though Anyway after a lot of questions asked trying out different stuff and after getting further and further to the end of this problem I've come to this My computer shows me that I have an Graphic card isn't found. Only finds my integrated graphic card. Help! nvidia geforce nforce a graphic card Although it says in the computer description that it SHOULD have a AMD HD GB GDDR My screen isn't plugged in the graphic card since it doesn't recieve anything from there It is plugged directly to the motherboard So from what I understand the nvidia card is the integrated graphic card or am I totally wrong Anyway the device manager can only find the nvidia card and I cannot run any game smoothly on this computer Before I realized this possibility I've tried to download newer drivers for the nvidia card but it didn't help Please help me to get my ADM HD GB GDDR to run I'm trying to google for solutions but I'll give this site a shot Thanks

A:Graphic card isn't found. Only finds my integrated graphic card. Help!

first check they havent stolen you GPU
then check that the 4/8pin pci power supply is plugged into the top left of the motherboard.
then check the gpu has power cable(s) plugged in.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/202459-graphic-card-isnt-found-only-finds-my-integrated-graphic-card-help.html
Relevancy 58.48%

hi i have recently installed nvida gs on my vista ultimate ie just plug and play as someone suggested my problem is when i turn of the pc and the next morning i turn it on i pust the turn on button and it makes a restart noice keeps repeatedly doing it with no display as soon as i pull the vga wire please problem help Graphic card from the graphics card and plug it back in it goes all ok but has become annoying because i have to do it when ever i turn the pc on i have an intergrated nvida card can some one please help me it was ok for the first week then it all started my pc specs are acer t gb ram gb harddrive hitachi vista ultimate i have ran mem test and harddrive no problem i can play games all day long no Graphic card problem please help problem just when i turn pc on thanks for the help guys really appriciated it nbsp

A:Graphic card problem please help

Did you uninstall the integrated graphics driver? and installed the new driver for the 8500gs card?

Also maybe you have to set in the BIOS menu to PCIx for display.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphic-card-problem-please-help.129305/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi all. So other day i was playing some online games and suddenly my laptop crashed and blue screen appeared saying "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent dmg to your computer. Atempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout fallen etc...
So i reinstalled windows 7,started insalling neccecery drivers and suddenly when i installed AMD Radeon HD 7670M Graphics Driver and rebooted computer i got the same blue screen with same message again.
Does that mean my graphics card is broken?
I also tried installing AMD Radeon HD 8730M Graphics Driver but it didnt want to start ( it was saying that i have to install net.framework 4.0 which i tried to install but the installation just didnt want to get finished.
Thanks for help!

A:problem with graphic card

The Dell diagnostics can be used to test the system - F12 at powerup.  In particular, you should run an extended test on the hard drive, which is a common cause of driver problems.
In order to reinstall Windows correctly, the order in which drivers are loaded is important.  Once the OS is loaded, including Service Pack 1, the chipset drivers must be loaded, followed by a reboot.  Then install the Intel GPU driver and reboot.  Finally, install the dot.net framework as required by the AMD Catalyst suite and reboot, and then install the AMD GPU driver.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19682310
Relevancy 58.48%

HI!I have problem with graphic card, my graphic card not suppost anymore after I deleted some unknow files. I tried to google it so manytimes and nothing fixed further.I did go to device manager and found this graphic card's info : PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0046&SUBSYS_1413103C I tried to download but i can NOT installed it. can Not even open it to install. please help me asap. Thank you!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/graphic-card-Problem/td-p/5722764
Relevancy 58.48%

I just installed Windows 8.1 x64 on my pc (vga Asus R9 270 2gb)

My display suddeny gone, I encounter this:

I guess something is wrong with my graphic card or windows?

A:Problem with graphic card

Looks like frequency problem, can you boot in safe mode ?

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/47667-problem-graphic-card.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi. I have a Core i7 860 & Asus P7P55D Deluxe MB and 8G Geil Ram and Asus GT240 1G Gddr5 running in 7os.
When I use 8G ram in my 7 or xp os whether 86x or 64x My Graphic Card Goes wrong. When I run a game like Crysis it becomes like patterns and and a minute or so, There's an error of NVIDEA Kernal error which recovered. I updated every thing but nothing gets better, But When I decreased My RAM to 4G, It's been solved. Who knows what's going on?

A:Graphic Card Problem.

Welcome to seven Froums.
I don't see your power supply listed it could be underpowered, or simply need to check the seating of the card the cables and popssibly uninstalling the drivers the use driver sweeper to fully clean out any residual drivers and re-install the new ones
Driver sweeper Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

Nvidia drivers Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

Or could be heat related can be monitored with http://downloads.guru3d.com/MSI-Afte...load-2392.html

Or just a failing card.
Fane

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/142493-graphic-card-problem.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I'm using a BFG GeForce 6800GT (Factory overclocked) and its been causing me some trouble lately - a few problems come up:

1. While playing a game (specifically, battlefield 2142), it freezes, needing a manual restart.
2. Same as #1, except it automatically restarts.
3. Occasionally after logging in i see my desktop for a few seconds and it either restarts or a fuzzy black and white static-like screen appears, needing a manual restart. Every time this happens I can't log in after a restart.

I've gone into safe mode each time the fuzzy screen/restart problem occurs, and re-installed drivers. It usually works for about a day then the problem occurs again and I have to do another re-install. Any help? thanks.

Relevancy 58.48%

So I was playing some game yesterday and I got messages that my graphic card driver crashed for about 5 times, but I kept ignoring them and continued playing. After about 15 mins the PC restarted itself and here's what happened:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphic-card-problem.1164257/
Relevancy 58.48%

Finally know for sure it's my graphic card causing problem. I am still buying a new computer but want to fix this one as a spare.
I need a NVIDIA GeForce 6600 PC1 express, can't find anyone here who has one. Any ideas how I'd track one down? Hate it when I can't use the computer, keeps crashing! Thanks for any help in advance..

A:graphic card problem

hi, this is winxp section ,you should make inquiry in the software/hardware section

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphic-card-problem.786555/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello, i have a problem with my graphic card, it's making really strange and loud noise and my pc just wont boot up, i can hear some beeps, but only back screen and nothing else, but when i take graphic card out pc works great, i tried cleaning ports on card, then it would work for few mins and then again, black screen and loud noise. Sorry about my english <:
Config : Intel(R) Core(TM)i3 CPU 540 @ 3.07GHz 3.06Ghz, 4GB RAM
Motherboard: Intel DH55PJ
Graphic card : Ati Radeon Sapphire HD5770, i tried cleaning it all, still it doesnt work
It would be nice if anyone could help me, thanks!

Relevancy 58.48%

I have had a problem with my computer freezing,i have now sorted this by taking out my new graphics card and putting the old one back in,sorted.but I do want to use my new card has i paid £260 for it and it is the only way that gfa 3 runs properly.anyway when i installed the new card it made the fan run all the time but when ive put the old card back in the computer the fan hardly run at all,if this means anythink to anyone?
the old card is a 32mb geforce 2mx
the new card a 128mb geforce 4 ti4400

the rest of the computer is a tiny
amd 1203 athlon
256mb sdram 100mhz
40gb hard drive

cheers for your time dean

closing duplicate, view this thread
http://forums.techguy.org/t91321/s0b9f036aac1a23f85c435ae19f246a38.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphic-card-problem.91290/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi i formatted my pc yesterday and i installed everything but when i installed the graphic card after restart to apply the changes after windows logo and the music of windows my screen goes black any ideas how t fix it?

Did you install the latest drivers for GPU? Did you install the chipset drivers for motherboard?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/371191-problem-graphic-card.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello everyone, i need help with that "strange" problem. I installed Win 8 64bit with my old graphic card 9500gt inside, everything was perfect. Just after windows installed, i shut him down and changed graphic to 660gtx, i did it this way cause 660gtx is so big and to use it i must remove one SATA connection (dvd). With 9500gt windows works rly good but when i change to 660gtx i can't see single word, screen is blurry and windows 8 don't recognise my 660. Everything is fine on Win XP. I don't know what to do right now. Can it be problem with my motherboard with bios update max to Win 7 64bit, Win8 is not supported anymore by this board. If yes, there is any solution with NOT buying new board? Sorry for my english.

A:Serious problem with graphic card

Did you cleanly uninstall drivers for the old video card first ?

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/47426-serious-problem-graphic-card.html
Relevancy 58.48%

AMD AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+ 2014.9
Radeon X1800 Series MCI RX1800
ASUS A8n-SLI
2 GB of RAM
Heat level is normal.

Im a little n00bish when it comes to this stuff but i do know some. I play games like HL2, BF2, Total war 2, R6:Vegas Madden 07...and more. But recently ( past week) when i play some games in the middle the screen will go checkerd and start to get all screwed up. Or it will turn bright colors and all the lines will begin towards the middle like a cone. The only way to get out of it would be to reboot. It first started with R6 vegas and only R6, now its mostly every game. I have all the latest drivers and all. Any Advice? It's driving me Crazy. Thanks guys.

A:Graphic Card Problem. HELP PLEASE!!!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I would guess either an overheating video card or an underpowered/failing psu.

Take the side panel off of your case and aim a deskfan into your case, also make sure the card`s fan is spinning correctly and it`s not caked in dust. See if that helps at all. If it doesn`t, then you can rule out overheating.

What psu do you have? Brand/wattage/amps on the 12volt rails. You can find that info one the psu label.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphic-card-problem-help-please.70052/
Relevancy 58.48%

With Installing ASUS GEFORCE 8600GT

Running – Vista Ultimate 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2
Video Card - NVIDIA GEFORCE 8600 GT
CPU – Pentium 4 3.00 GHz 2992 Mhz
RAM – 4 Gb
Brand - Dell Dimension 5150
PSU - Dell L305P-00

The symptoms of the problem are that recently the screen started to flicker and break up, it has become so bad that I can only boot in safe mode. I emailed NVIDIA with the problem and they suggested that the video card needed replacing. I installed an ASUS GEFORCE 8600 GT card but the PC wouldn’t even boot after I had. Someone has suggested that the graphics card is not the problem but it's the PSU. How do I find out which it is?

Many thanks for your help

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi everyone I ve wandered around some forums posted this problem but I haven t got any solution or at least the reason why this problem happens to my laptop Here is the symptom I think that the graphic card causes high cpu usage but I don t know why For example - The cpu gets high when I scroll up and down the webpage in IE - It gets high if I change the photos a little bit quickly in normal Windows Image Viewer - It gets high when I change the size of panels in a window by left-right sliding - It gets high when I use any tool in PhotoShop for example My cpu graphic card and problem Marquee Tool when I select Marquee Tool point the mouse to the object press left mouse button and drag to select the object the cpu gets - until the mouse button s up unpressed It always gets - in PhotoShop the th symptom For the other first symptoms the percentage of cpu usage depends on how fast I scroll slide change the photos As you know that once the CPU s getting up to - and becoming hot the CPU s fan s running constantly and it s very noisy My laptop specs Acer TravelMate CPU Pentium M Ghz MHz FSB MB Cache Graphic card Intel Graphic Controller Integrated MB RAM GB HDD GB Windows XP SP I always update the latest drivers bios especially graphic card driver and Windows Updates I d like to ask you if you know the reason and or any solution or if anyone s got the same problem with above-mentioned things Thank you very much nbsp

A:My graphic card and cpu problem

If theres a problem with the graphics driver then that could definitely happen. Have you tried to uninstall the driver and reinstall it? And the driver you are using, is it from the Acer site or the Intel site? Intel generally has newer drivers then on the Acer site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-graphic-card-and-cpu-problem.634522/
Relevancy 58.48%

New system built with GTX i OC Gb Asus P T motherboard Initially I couldn t get the graphic driver running but a vista install has had it installed and running no problem at least on the desktop The problem occurs when ingame and a black screen appears and the game crashes Just now I installed Crysis with full settings on and it gave blank screen just before entering a new game after loading screen I tried Problem Graphic Card New setting all graphics to low but still managed to crash I ran WiC New Graphic Card Problem and it completes it s benchmark test no problem and returns a great score but I haven t played an actual game of it yet I installed GTA but curiously the graphical settings only say mb of video memnory are New Graphic Card Problem available when surely it should say over shouldn t it I ran the game for minutes with very high settings and it crashes Team Fortress ran perfectly for roughly - minutes before blacking New Graphic Card Problem out and fereezing One other curious thing is in device manager two GTX s are listed I don t know why this is Here s a pic This is because the GTX is a dual card system I ve been told Everything other than games is runing perfectly System vista gtx gb OC gold Asus P T motherboard All drivers and BIOS are uptodate I also tried a GTX with similar results I really don t want to have to send this to a shop What s wrong here I ve spent days trying to get this to work nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

Running W7P and while doing some image and backup work, I noticed that everytime I do a restart of the system (whilst pushing the "Delete" button to get to bios) and before the first bios screen, the graphic card (ATI Radeon HD 4850) fan will go into screaming high speed. The system will no longer continue to boot, monitor goes to sleep. If I do not try to get to Bios, normal boot. Don't know where to begin on this one. Once up and running, everything is normal. Tx

A:Graphic card problem or??

This has been happening more frequently now. Yesterday I was running normal, installed a new program that required a restart, (menu option at the end of install) and just as boot up was finished, not yet to windows, screen goes dark, the graphics fan goes warp speed. This one was persistent, just would not restart, removed all perfs, HDD's, just the minimum. No luck. Unplugged and let sit for 30 minutes, same problem. Only after I physically removed the card and reinstalled, did it start normal. Tried restart again, same problem, removed card and reinstalled, started up. I hate to go and spend some $$ for a new card, and find out it is something else. Any suggestions appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/233674-graphic-card-problem.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I've been having a problem with my graphics card. I log into one of my games (WOW) and it freezes then kicks me out and restarts my computer. When my computer reloads I receive this message "Error Message: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER (Q293078)" then it tells me to pick one the 2 options which are install the most current device driver for my video card or manually decrease Hardware acceleration for my video adapter. I have downloaded the new patch for my graphics card but it is still doing it. Can you plz help me?

A:Graphic Card Problem

Hi Jenkarz6.

This can be a result of a hardware failure or a software conflict. Does this happen with any other programs? Are there any offline, graphics intensive games you could try?

Also, please post your system specs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphic-card-problem.801829/
Relevancy 58.48%

So my brother has this custom desktop running windows XP It is used solely for gaming and is actually about - years old Since it is custom I cannot look up the specs by model to provide more information about this system He decided he wants a better graphic card so he purchases a new GB DDRAM Nvidea card to replace his current MB one It was only like at best buy so I would think it wasn t too high end for his new graphic problem card system Here s the problem He goes home and puts in his new card turns the computer on sees windows start to load before it blacks out Now if you turn the comp on and off you can hear Windows XP loading but cannot see it His monitor is not showing any images whatsoever We tested the monitor and it is fine but instead of showing the on light when it is usually transmitting images it has the yellow stand-by light on If you unplug the monitor the light will temporarily turn to the on status before stand-by again I know that not having any specs makes it difficult to help me but what do I need to do to get started figuring this out -I can t go into BIOS or anything because I can t see what is loading up -If you put the original graphic card back in the same thing occurs -The monitor has a usb plug on it can that be used to bypass the graphic card long enough to use windows to install the new drivers I couldn t make it work Thank new graphic card problem you so much nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi all. I have a hp Pavilion dv 5000 note book. Windows XP 2002 Pro OS. (SP3). AMD Turion ?64 processor. For some reasone have lost the graphic card driver and windows only boots up in GVA mode as there is no driver. I tried to download driver again using driver detective as I am a subscriber, tried to restore to an earlier date with no joy. It looks like it is entirely over written with an other version or may be totally disappeared?
Any help will be much appreciated.
Cheers.

A:graphic card problem.

Usually with graphics cards, you install the graphics driver from the manufacturers website of the graphics card itself. But with ones put together by the manufacturer, you can go directly to their website and download all the latest drivers for your computer itself.

I'm going to assume you are using the "HP Pavilion dv5000 CTO Notebook PC" running Windows XP. There were some very similar model ones to that. Here is the link, but you will need to figure out if you are using Intel (integrated), NVIDIA, or ATI graphics. The easiest way would be to go to your device manager, or use the program Speccy from my signature.

If you try and install it, and it doesn't recognise the hardware for any of the three drivers, then either you have the wrong driver (different laptop model), or you might need to perform a full reinstall. I'm only saying the reinstall bit because I had to do that once, where despite the correct driver the hardware wasn't being recognised.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/graphic-card-problem-586375.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I've had a problem with my monitor which had a blur in the middle. The problem seemed monitor-related. I had my monitor replaced but the error re-occured.

The blur seems to be on steady places know and I dont see them in pictures, but in every other thing like desktop, folders etc.

Could it be a problem with my graphic card. Has anybody an idea, or did you've had the same problem, please let me know.

Patim.

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi all I have a big problem with my graphic card I am Problem Card Graphic getting green dotted lines all over my screen I ll start by telling you how and when it happened I got the card months ago and it is a Radeon X card I was playing Counter Graphic Card Problem Strike Source the other night when the game crashed I tried to ctrl alt delete out but I had no luck then I tried to alt tab out but it still didn t work so I rebooted and when the screen came on it had green dotted lines all over I uninstalled the video driver and found that stopped the problem but I can no longer play any games and web pages load slowly I opened it up the case and cleaned the card as well as I could and Graphic Card Problem made sure the fan was spinning when I turned the pc on but still no luck If anybody could help me by suggesting a suggestion cause it would be greatly appreciated Edit I also tested my computer with my other monitor and it did the same thing Thanks in advance nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphic-card-problem.83202/
Relevancy 58.48%

I first noticed that I had a problem when trying to play css online I just assumed at first that I had exceded my bandwith and that I was suffering thought nothing of it for a few weeks until i tried again When I tried again it still lagged yet my ping was averaging at at this point i decided that it was not a bandwith issue and Please Help Graphic Card Problem? went down the route of new patch maybe my pc cant run it at the same level as before so I dropped all of my grpahics to medium and tried the video stress test on css Still no luck so I put them down to minimum off and still no luck Since then I have Updated the graphics driver uninstalled and reinstalled the Graphic Card Problem? Help Please graphics card reinstalled directx virus scanned deleted junk lots of defragged checked for spyware etc even after doing all of this I have still had no major luck there has been a minor improvement probably due to all the crap being removed from the pc Besides having the low fps to produce the lag effect it does not want to run divx movies properly either as i found out when i Graphic Card Problem? Help Please tried to load Dawn of War What gets me is that I have not changed my settings and all that since I originaly bought the PC in Jan and all my games worked fine up to mid October The only idea that I have left is buy a new graphics card and see what happens but i dont think that my plastic friend has enough credit limit left to accopmlish this The utter last resort that I can possible think of would be to re-install all of the o s something that I would rather not do mainly as it involves finding all of the discs After discussing this with the quot technical quot guys at the local pc world they came up with nothing that I had not already thought of Sooo any help would be most welcome before I pull out a hammer and try that nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphic-card-problem-help-please.440128/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello guys i really need your help about my new graphic card this one (leadtek px9500gt 512mb ddr3), my old graphic card is (pov geForce8500gt 512mb ddr2)...and ofc, my motherboard is asus m2n-x plus nFor520 ddr2-800 etc, and my monitor is samsung lcd 19''...

My problem is this...my new graphic card has 2xdvi inputs and my monitor has VGA,so i buy this thing(dvi to vga converter)

And when i connect everything and turn on computer i hear everything normally like fan,but there is no image on monitor only black triangles on black background(joke), my monitor is working perfectly with old graphic card but with new one ,like he goes in sleep mode or something else..I dont know what to do,i already tried buying new converter but that isn't the problem.

Please guys if you know **** is this can you help me?Sry for bad english

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphic-card-problem.1037481/
Relevancy 58.48%

This is my first post on this problem and would like to share the problem which i had in graphic card i have inno d fx mb graphic card i know its old now but my i use it for counter strike only so i dont want to waste money on much fancy card Problem card with Graphic anyway the problem which i had was WHENEVER i use to turn on pc i use to get blank screen or lines screen display didnt showed up so i was like confused whether its problem with mobo or graphic Problem with Graphic card card i gave the entier cpu for repair and the problem was with the graphic card the repair man said that my agp card was having problem and he took a new term know was quot Garbage quot problem in my agp card and i was huh anyway now the card is working fine so if your agp is having problem displaying it can be FIXED So dont loose hope EnJoY nbsp

A:Problem with Graphic card

Hey earthworm. Welcome to T'SPOT! You may at sometime want to 'upgrade' your machine, or it may break down (hope not). When you go for a new machine someday try to get these two features. Get a dual-core processor and a PCI-e (pci express) graphic setup. Good Luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-graphic-card.81571/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hey there I ve been having graphic issues for Graphic with Problem Card quite some time now Here s the problem usually when I play games like Call of Duty Problem with Graphic Card Modern Warfare the game freezes and then the blue screen comes out It happens to EA s The Sims as well it flashes freezes artifacts and then the blue screen So I came up with the solution that the graphic card was overheating I bought and A C fan to blow air directly to the graphic card This fan seemed to cool the card down for me to only have a few flashes and freezes but artifacts are rarely seen I limit myself to only one hour of play to try and avoid the blue screen I ve been doing this for about months but I did not play these games daily Two days ago I played the Sims for about a week already at about to and a half hours daily The usual occurred flashing freezing but no blue screen The pc was fine and I shut down the normal way In the morning when I powered on the pc the screen resolution had changed from the usual of x to x so I changed the resolution back but that was not the only problem the taskbar color was supposed to be Slate but it has this blue that doesn t change no matter what theme I use and there are other little graphic changes as well I realized something was wrong with the graphic so I restarted the pc and to my horror it was artifacting during boot up and there are thin yellow lines on the desktop this has never happened before I went to device manager and on the graphic card this error message Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems Code was seen Ok I wrote a really long post and you must be wondering what are the specs of this pc Here they are Mainboard Gigabyte M SLI-S Processor AMD Athlon X MHz Physical Memory MB x DDR -SDRAM Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit originally win xp service pack Graphic card NVIDIA GeForce GT Power w If I missed anything please notify I don t know if this is related or not Dx Diag is missing from my pc and I did not uninstall it and I used it before but it s like it never existed Oh if you can help me on this it would be great Oh there s a picture to show the taskbar color the device manager and the windows media player please note that the yellow lines are not present at the time i print screen this Do you guys know what s wrong

A:Problem with Graphic Card

How long have you had the card?

If the card is artifacting during boot-up then it's more likely a problem with the GPU itself. If the option is available to you, try using the card in another PC and if the problem persists then it's a problem with the GPU; it's either on it's last legs, or the memory modules are overheating. Using a common house fan will more often than not blow "dirty" air, which won't help you in the long run.

You'll also have to excuse me if I seem all over the place as I'm half-asleep right now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/170101-problem-graphic-card.html
Relevancy 58.48%

i think i am having problem with my graphic card...i just reformatted my computer and when u see movies on the computer, it isn't really smooth...scrolling down webpages also isn't smooth compared to before

I ran dxdiag and this is what i got:
The system is using the generic video driver. Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer.

To test DirectDraw functionality, click the "Test DirectDraw" button above.

Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer.

What can i do???

What graphics card are you using?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphic-card-problem.689853/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi,

i have a problem viewing youtube videos or flash related videos through my web browswer(IE or firefox). After viewing for 20-30 secs, the color of the video will be weird

[/URL][/IMG]

After continued viewing, the computer freezes and brings me to the blue screen of death. Which gives me this error message - nv4_disp.dll - address BD083D35 base at BD012000, Datestamp 4c0d732d

This problem only occurs when watching flash based videos on web browsers, i do not encounter the same problem when watching normal videos/movies.

Hope that you guys will be able to help me solve this problem or let me know if it is a faulty graphic card.

Thanks!

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi,

I just installed a nvidia GeForce 7300 gt graphic card on my computer. It all went well for a couple of hours, then the screen jammed and my monitor went ''to sleep''. Each time, I've got to disconnect the computer in order to use it again, but I can only work on it for a couple of minutes, maybe an hour, until it jams again.

When I say the screen is jamming, I mean that there are some red pixels or some lines, like if the video card was going out of order. However, I can still hear the music if I was listening to some, even when the screen goes out....

Can somebody help me?...by the way, before, I was using an integrated card, nvidia 6100 LE, if I remember well. I got an hp media center PC m7640n, with windows xp and service pack 3.

Thank you very much!

Relevancy 58.48%

Hay So me and my lil bro changed table there our Pcs and stuffs standing on and after i card Graphic problem plugged in my cabels and started it just worked to start in safemode Cause if i took normal mode the screen just would have turning off and pc restarting Anyways so when i got in i uninstalled the graphic devices i restarted pc in normal mode and it worked then i re-installed all the drivers But now all games giving a error responding that they cant find the graphic card with drivers or something similar in Device configuration in quot hardware quot tab of the system Graphic card problem panel i cant find anything who releated to the graphic drivers Also in every startup it comes up quot a new hardware has Graphic card problem been found quot and then a hardware install setup automatic starts But if i start it it will give an ending respond whos saying something that a CD-Room is required Who i dont got Ive tried to re-install directx for safety the PCI AGP is a ATI Radeon XT RV and graphic card SappHire Radeon XT

Relevancy 58.48%

it shows that my graphic card is not detected and when i try to update the driver it shows that driver is up to date...how is that possible?

Hi there......

what does the device manager state under ''display adaptors''..??

if your card has not been generically detected by the OS the basic video driver windows has installed to view the desktop is probably ''up to date'', thats what i think is happening.

did you just build this rig, or swap GFX cards..??

you might try reseating the card see if that helps, also if it is a new build remember to install your chipset drivers before you try & update the GPU

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/62692-graphic-card-problem.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Recently i was facing heavy frame rate drop down in games, as i have some experience with hardware i removed my graphic card (an nvidia 9400gt) and cleaned it. i saw that its fan stopped spinning and i cant see anything on my monitor. so my question is- is this card dead or is my fan is in trouble?

A:Graphic card problem Please help

well power everything back down, and make a shot at re-seating it properly.
So far as I know that model doesn't require a power chord to be plugged into it, but if it does make sure that it is plugged in and the connector is okay.
After that I would have to say yes, there is very likely a problem.
Though it could be either the card or the motherboard.
You didn't fill out your specs but I'm guessing this is a slightly older system.
4+ years?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/253915-graphic-card-problem-please-help.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Ok recently my cousin got me a new compaq computer. Somehow it got a virus on it and I was forced to re-install my Operating System. He had also installed a new video card in the PCI bus slot. Now I have a problem. My graphics only go up to 16bit! The screen is all fuzzy and i can barely read this page. I don't know how to find out what software I need to download off the internet to get it to work.

Status at computers: Beginner
mood: Mad, Confused, Lost.
Needs help

Any Ideas? I mainly need to find out how to identify what my gfx card is called with it not being installed and not opening the computer case.

PCI bus slot? Or do you mean AGP slot?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphic-card-problem.10519/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello i just bought this computer off the internet and when it arrived it had some weird graphic card issues when playing games or watching movies in a higher quality then ip i will attach some links to show some pic s while im playing a game so you understand what i mean http imageshack us photo my-images wowscrnshot jpg In the start this started happening that suddenly the floor would turn green or some weird colour like shown in the pic but this would go away by simply restarting or alt-tabbing the game Later it just got worse and worse and now it s pretty much unplayable because it looks like the floor problem? Graphic card crashed with something like shown on this pic http imageshack us f wowscrnshot jpg Here is my system info OPERATING SYSTEM Windows CPU TYPE Intel Core i CPU GHz CPU SPEED GHz SYSTEM MEMORY GB VIDEO CARD MODEL Graphic card problem? ATI Radeon HD Series VIDEO CARD MEMORY GB VIDEO CARD DRIVER aticfx dll DESKTOP RESOLUTION x Any help whatsoever would be highly appreciated as i dont want to buy a new graphic card unless i know for a fact that my current one Graphic card problem? is indeed defect nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

I've been having a problem with my graphics card. I log into one of my games (WOW) and it freezes then kicks me out and restarts my computer. When my computer reloads I receive this message "Error Message: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER (Q293078)" then it tells me to pick one the 2 options which are install the most current device driver for my video card or manually decrease Hardware acceleration for my video adapter. I have downloaded the new patch for my graphics card but it is still doing it. Can you plz help me?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphic-card-problem.801834/
Relevancy 58.48%

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/GeForce_6800_GT.html - last card on the page

3 questions...

1. is this AGP card a plug and play device? do i need to install drivers beforehand?

2. as it has a fan on the card... does the fan have to have a power supply to it for the whole thing to work?

3. for the 4-pin power supply it needs... is it possible to add another 4-pin male onto the power supply cable... or do i need to buy a whole new power supply for my tower?

Relevancy 58.48%

Have ATI radeon x300 se PCI-E graphic
card. Windows XP media center operating system, Hewlett-Packard HP
media center PC m1070 n.
Until last week everything was working with my graphic card and then turned on computer and no longer had" Tv out diplay".Installed drivers and downloaded new drivers, tried another tv, new cables ,ran PC doctor which showed everything working fine, performed the Non-Destructive Recovery and then Destructive Recovery no luck!
Any ideas?
thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphic-card-problem-tv-out.496648/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hmm Hello guys how do i check if my graphic card is working prefectly alright with no error..=D

A:Graphic Card Problem?

Which card do you have? Generally on the website of the manufacterer there are some tools available.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/75613/graphic-card-problem/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello recently i have been experiencing BSOD's that are connected to graphics/display, so i just went on forums and tried some fixes, but they didn't help. As i was using W10 i decided to go back to 8.1 and see if trouble remains, and it still does. after trying different drivers i am out of ideas but then friend suggested to try this app for scanning my computer.? So i am guessing something physically happened to my video card, i still have sellers warranty for around 6 months, if i open it to check it out will my warranty be violated? or should i just bring this to the seller and have them deal with this instead? This what i get when i try to go to nvidia control panel. ?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Graphic-Card-Problem/td-p/3478353
Relevancy 58.48%

Alright, yesterday I was hooking up old hard drives into my computer but when I hook back up the main hard drive but I think I accidentally bumped into the graphic card with my hand while I was plugging the drives but! when I was done... and hooked up the hard drive + everything else and it showed this;
any ideas? and sorry if the screenshot isn't good I took it with my mobile phone.

(also, the card is an ATI Rage 128 Pro Ultra TF (or something like that, it's an old card )

Relevancy 58.48%

From some time i see these dots everywhere when i am using my notebook but when i disable it the problem is no more.
Some images i atached below.
Mention: i have a notebook acer 5755g with i3 and gt540m 2gb.

Please help me
What shoul I do?

What Windows version and bit version is your laptop running?

327.02 is a very old NVIDIA graphics driver, so you should update it to the current version - 355.98.

--------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphic-card-problem.1156992/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi, I am having some issue with the laptop i just bought
Its a samsung series 7 chronos
I saw that my graphic card was Nvidia geforce gt640
But when i go to dxdiag it says INTEL GRAPHIC HD 4000
I've done the update for the nvidia graphic card but still nothing
I wanted to play slender man : the haunt but it was lagging and I didnt understand why, but now i think its because it was running on the INTel graphic HD 4000...
Is there a way that i can switch between those 2 graphic card?

A:Graphic card problem

CheetosHunter,

Your laptop most likely switches between the GPU's. The Intel HD 4000 is used most of the time, but when you play a game or something that takes a lot of video processing power, the NVIDIA GPU will be used. I believe you can force this as well, in case the auto-switch isn't working. Right click on the Shortcut or the .exe of your game, go to Choose graphics processor (or something along those lines) and then select your NVIDIA GPU. My Dell XPS 15 L502X is like that--but the auto switch works just fine for me.

If it still isn't working..go to NVIDIA's website and go to their drivers page. Find your GPU in the driver section and download the latest drivers. Make sure that you do a "Clean Install" (check the little box, and do a CUSTOM install) that way any previous drivers will be removed.

Bush

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphic-card-problem.1085802/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello I have windows xp aspire T670 computer. My graphic card is a Intel (R) 82915G/910 GL Express Chipset family.
I have the sims 2 games but when i try to play with it I get the following message:No graphic card compatility with DirectX 9.0c!Check that your computer is equipped with graphic card compatibility DirectX 9.0c and the most recent drivers.The application is going to be closes.

I do have the directX 9.0c installed. What should I do?
Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphic-card-problem.603227/
Relevancy 58.48%

hello i have an dell inspiron 1720 with vista home premium ... recently i did format and reinstall the operation system ... but cant get the graphic card drives installed ... did download the right ones i think but always i install thens comes this error ( access is denied ... C:\windows\system32\nvuninst.exe ) could you help me please ...

thanks in advance
have a good day
Flex

Welcome
Flex
That error has to do with the nvidia download.
Try to save to desktop then install
Try in safe mode
Then

Rather than go to the webisite, which is the suggested way to get best drivers. Try this for now. If it works we can take our time to get one from the website
Device Manager - Install Driver

http://www.ehow.com/how_5024230_inst...e-drivers.html

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/285293-problem-graphic-card.html
Relevancy 58.48%

hi all
i have a geforce gt220 graphic card (yeah i know..)
but for some reason on some of the games i try to check on "can you run it" the site shows i have Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400
is it possible my machine uses the wrong graphics card?im a bit of a newbie in all this so..simple words if you may...
thanks in adavnce

Have you went to NVIDIA and Downloaded the drivers for your card?

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/graphic-card-problem-277635/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello I Recently Borght A Graphics Card For My quot Compaq presario SR UK quot It Worked Fine With No Problems For A Few Weeks I Got Up Morning And Card Graphic Problem Turned On My Computer It All Booted Fine To Windows Then My Graphic Card Problem Monitor Turned Off About - Graphic Card Problem Minuites Later I Tryed Several Differnt Monitors And Allso Got A Replacement Graphic Card And Tryed That With No Luck The Weired Thing Is Somone Told Me To Reinstall My Windows So I Did As Instructed And Everything Worked Fine For Another Few Days Then The Same Problem Happened Again I ve Had Computer Tech s Look Inside My Tower And They Can See No Problems With It Atall My Second Guess Would Be quot Could It Be A Virus quot Computer Works Fine While Using On-Board Graphics Its Not My Monitor As I ve Tryed Several Theres Nothing Wrong With My Motherboard Please Try And Help Me Solve This Problem As I Cant Go Much Longer Using On-Board Graphics Thanks For Your Time S Hawksley nbsp

Try another power supply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphic-card-problem.129134/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi i have "512MB NVIDIA 8400" this graphic card but game requirement was
"512MB NVIDIA 8600" because of that some slow movement problem was appearing, so i need to change graphic card or any updating driver's software's are enough? plz any one help me out.....

That is not a very high spec card but you can try and see if the driver needs updating

go here and change to what Operating Sytem you have and download the driver and install it and restart the PC

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphic-card-problem.896437/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello everyone, first I would like to apologize if I make mistake because I am not very good in english, I am french.

Okay so for like... a month my computer have not been able to detect my Graphic card. It happened after I downloaded a patch for origin; after that, there would be black border around my screen and I am not able to enter video game. I updated my driver and everything but it is still not working.

Also, i would like to note that some video game that I played that my computer used to run smoothly where starting to lag (skyrim)

Do you think my graphic card is broken and I need to change it ? I just want to make sure before buying another one...
(it is a nvidia Geforce 560 Ti)

Thank you for the help !
xxx

Hi sweetymew and welcome. When you updated you driver did you go to the manufacturer's website? Did you uninstall the older drivers first? It'll help us more if we know what we're working with. The Techguy System Information Tool helps us see what you have.
http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphic-card-problem.1143130/
Relevancy 58.48%

when i play on game after 15 min playing my graphic crash i have graphic card8600 gt whit 512 mb and my mother board is p5gc-mx/1333 whit 1.5 g memory .

i dont know what i need to do for repair it . can someone help me

A:Graphic card problem, need help

install latest drivers fron nvidia.com make sure there is ampl airflow in the case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphic-card-problem-need-help.120189/
Relevancy 58.48%

hello,
i need help with my graphic card setting. i have a Casper (window7 home basic 64bit ith 4gb of Ram)with 1 1gb og video memory but it said 65mb of video memory...then ım facing problem playing games like fifa and pes with the highest quality...that why i bought that computer ..ıts a notebook by the way...thanks for your help

A:Problem with my Graphic card

We need a little more info that that.

For starters the words "notebook" and "highest quality" starts the alarm bells ringing.

Is it a gaming laptop or is it just a regular notebook?

What's the model?
What gpu doe's it have?
Cpu?

Cheers

Paul.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/179825-problem-my-graphic-card.html
Relevancy 58.48%

hey guys,
i downloaded nfs THE RUN
i ran it
it said that
your garphic card software is 197
upgradee it to 301 i did the same
my graphic card is NVIDIA geforce210 en silent.
no it is coming 640*480 screen resolution which is very very badd and bigg.
when i am trying to change the resolution it is saying deafult desktop and the same resolution od 640*480 .
what to doo pleasee helppp!!!!!

Why are you double posting?
http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-c...problemmm.html
Also were did you download it from?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/248919-graphic-card-problem.html
Relevancy 57.62%

PC is about years old Windows Vista NVIDIA GeForce Latest item installed Alien Swarm it was working since the nd day it was out Just a few days ago the computer I used quite often had several problems displaying items on the screen It all started when I was playing Alien Swarm I think the display driver started to fail randomly and recover shortly after I was a little concerned but I didn t think it would be anything big I believe the game just froze once I then tried to play Minecraft and these weird colours started to show up along with odd polygon shapes and then an error card. D: graphic the me!!! problem. help Very happened serious What to Please message showed up The next day or so it wasn t just What happened to the graphic card. Very serious problem. Please help me!!! D: the games that had these problems but the screen itself started to display pink everywhere and other odd colours At this point the computer started to restart all on its own I ve heard that it was due to the graphic card overheating or perhaps it s caused by the graphic card not having the latest driver However it was very hard to do anything when I started the computer normally odd colours lagging and restarts so I decided to update the driver in safe mode It got worse Now the monitor is displaying broken odd lines everywhere and it seemed that I couldn t boot up the computer normally So now I m stuck What may have caused this How can I fix it Help is very appreciated nbsp

A:What happened to the graphic card. Very serious problem. Please help me!!! D:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-happened-to-the-graphic-card-very-serious-problem-please-help-me-d.938285/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have 2 graphic cards installed on my laptop, intel and nvidia, but the priority goes to intel and i want to change that priority to nvidia, what i must do?
thank you

A:Dual Graphic Card Problem

check your manual to see how to access the boot menu
- you can make the necessary change there..

- be very careful and follow the instructions to the letter..

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/248270-dual-graphic-card-problem.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Recently i'm facing problem with my video card, when ever i switch on my windows,it boots up after couple of minutes, my system gets hang, my only option is to restart the computer. This happens every time. If the remove my video card n boot the computer, my system works fine...
So any way of fixing this...?

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi...last year i brought the nvidia geforce 9500gt graphic card it's really works perfect.recently when i played games on my pc the are too slow but i don't know the what is the exact problem i mean is the games slow because of ram or system overheating or graphic card problem so i want to know what is the problem so please can anyone tell me how to find out the exact problem and if the graphic card has the problem how can i fix that onecan any one tell me about that....................and here is about my pc details

processor is intel dual core

2gb ram harddisk is 600gb and nvidia geforce 9500gt 1gb

A:how to find that graphic card has a problem!?

Would help to know what games. Depending on the games it is likely noting wrong with the card other than it is too old and too slow. One thing to remember is that the 9500 GT wasn't the fast of cards when it came out 5 years ago (was only one card slower than it at the time, the 9400 GS), and struggled with most games even back then.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/35947-how-find-graphic-card-has-problem.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello Firstly sorry for my english i'm BSoD (graphic problem) card french so I recently got recurrent problems with my graphic card Indeed when I play or when I simply watch movies and now even if I'm only on Mozilla for example my computer crashes by two different ways - either the screen becomes black for two seconds BSoD (graphic card problem) then returns to normal and I get a message quot The Nvidia driver didn't answer and has been recovered quot This is sometimes followed by a lot of pixels flashing on and off on my screen - or the screen become black for seconds and i get a BOsD more frequently now Then the computer reboot and at the session opening i get this message Code Problem signature Event name of the problem BlueScreen System version Identifier of regional parameters Additional Informations about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA CA E BCP FFFFF B DE BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files BSoD (graphic card problem) that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users user AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml I didn't have the time to read what was written on the BOsD I only saw that it was linked to the quot display driver quot That's all but that's very embarrassing Thanks for your future help This is my configuration Quote Configuration Windows Firefox Packard Bell EasyNote TJ Intel Core Duo P GB memory Graphic card Nvidia Geforce GT M CUDA

A:BSoD (graphic card problem)

Info on the STOP 0x116 error: http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html#0x00000116
Info on troubleshooting the STOP 0x116 error: http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...eshooting.html

If that doesn't fix things for you, please provide this info: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

I suggest starting all troubleshooting with the following diagnostic tests. They'll save you a lot of time and heartache if there is a hardware failure, and you'll have the disks on hand in case you need them in the future:

Quote:

H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
http://www.carrona.org/memdiag.html (read the details at the link)
http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html (read the details at the link)

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: http://www.carrona.org/malware.html (read the details at the link)

Then, if the above tests pass, I'd try these free stress tests (especially for video issues):

Quote:

FurMark download site: http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/
FurMark Setup:
- If you have more than one GPU, select Multi-GPU during setup
- In the Run mode box, select "Stability Test" and "Log GPU Temperature"
Click "Go" to start the test
- Run the test until the GPU temperature maxes out - or until you start having problems (whichever comes first).
- Click "Quit" to exit

Quote:

Prime95 download site: http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft/
Prime95 Setup:
- extract the contents of the zip file to a location of your choice
- double click on the executable file
- select "Just stress testing"
- select the "Blend" test. If you've already run MemTest overnight you may want to run the "Small FFTs" test instead. (run all 3 if you find a problem and note how long it takes to error out with each)
- "Number of torture test threads to run" should equal the number of CPU's times 2 (if you're using hyperthreading).
The easiest way to figure this out is to go to Task Manager...Performance tab - and see the number of boxes under CPU Usage History
Then run the test for 6 to 24 hours - or until you get errors (whichever comes first).
This won't necessarily crash the system - but check the output in the test window for errors.
The Test selection box and the stress.txt file describes what components that the program stresses.

Quote:

Two other video stress tests (may be more stressful than FurMark):
Video Memory stress Test - http://nvworld.ru/utilities/vmt/
Artifact Locator - http://nvworld.ru/utilities/alocator/
Sorry, but I don't read the language that this website is made in.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-graphic-card-problem-526297.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi, I have just installed win7 ultimate 64 bit OS. after installing the drivers of nvidia gt 520 (2GB), i am unbale to restart my computer...it hangs in the windows logo. after repairing it does show any sign of nividia drivers...please help me.

A:Graphic card problem in win7 64 bit

hi,

have you tried to simply re-install Nvidia drivers?
Be sure that you installed the lastest stable drivers (not the last beta release, because it could have issues)

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/261534-graphic-card-problem-win7-64-bit.html
Relevancy 57.62%

hi strange graphic card problem guys i have a strange problem with my asus EN GT graphic card Before the problem occurred my PSU used to be W max capacity but it can t supply the whole components so i unplugged the DVD and floppy drives since then it still have problems and finally it won t boot then I bought a W PSU and it replaced the old one before replacing the psu i did some cleaning to the chassis and i did remove the graphic card from its place after i m finished i replaced the card to its place but a drop of sweat i think this caused the problem but i m not sure dropped to the heatsink and almost to the GPU i didn t dried it up fully and graphic card strange problem just placed the card to the PCI-E slot anyway i turned the system on and it booted up just fine but suddenly graphic card strange problem seconds after it logged on the graphic showed a problem strange colors were almost everywhere on the screen restarted the pc and the strange graphic happened also during bootup i took out the card and blow it right to the point of contact of the heatsink and the GPU the strange graphic card strange problem graphic problem is actually getting fewer i e there are lesser strange graphic and there is not even a strange graphic problem when i run windows in safe mode but there is still some in the bootup screen i took the card out and blew it again but the strange graphic isn t getting away from the bootup screen since then i can only start windows in safe mode and not the normal way because it will freeze Can anybody help me solve ths problem Is it really because of the sweat or anything else Does it have connection with the PSU I appreciate anybody who can help me p s i am new here so i apologize if this thread is very long or if this sort of Qs has actually been asked before i wrote this thread because there are no answers about this problem that satisfy me nbsp

A:graphic card strange problem

Next time, don't sweat over computer parts

A drop on the HS (heatsink) isn't going to cause a short. When you powered up your computer, which I assume is a tower - what it standing up with the Heatsink facing down? if so, the worse is that it'll drop to the bottom of the case or evaporate within seconds of being warmed up by the GPU.

PSU issues: 350watt barely covers it... but also its the quality. So what was your previous PSU and your new 520? I'm talking name brand and model number. You can spend $25 on a "600watt" PSU that is WORSE than a $45 350watt PSU.

The DVD and Floppy drives only use 1-2 watts when not in use... so it made no difference. There might have been damage from using an underpowered PSU - this also includes the 520 if its not a quality unit.

Try this:
1 - Remove your 8600GT and revert to your previous graphics. Onboard or other card. See if compter operates properly. Your 8600GT could be faulty...

2 - if it works, exchange the 8600GT for another one.

3 - Provide INFO on the power supplies HERE before you do so. If your 520watt PSU is junk, you need to know now. Theres only a few 520s on the market.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphic-card-strange-problem.823176/
Relevancy 57.62%

I just got ATI iadeon x1550 graphic card installed, it is giving me problems off lately
Please check the screenshot.
need help desperately.

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi guys I have one very strange problem I m a happy owner of a I with Gb ram on Asus rampage extreme with a graphic card Sapphire GeForce Gt with Gb ram nothing is overclocked This graphic card is a power friendly green on a box it says it uses less power than a normal graphic card This one does not have a power plug and therefore gets power only through pci-express slot Now downside of this card is that it when you start a computer graphic card is making extremely noise because the fan on graphic card is running at max speed until it loads windows Once it get in windows and loads graphic card drivers it runs silently Now I have a problem when I m putting computer on standby I love having my pc ready within few seconds Everything starts preparing for standby but standby on problem with graphic card sometimes out of times everything goes to sleep except for my graphic card which starts making that noise again and I wont stop at any point I even waited for a half an hour but the fan on problem with graphic card on standby graphic card was still running with max speed I have tried to reinstall install uninstall drivers for graphic card and I updated drivers for chipset for my mother board but without solving my problem Luckily I know this place and im hopping that someone can help me solving this problem Kind regards Mik

A:problem with graphic card on standby

Ok guys i might (just might) have a solution for this problem
2 days ago i have updated my chipset drivers and since i didnt have this strange problem with my graphic card
and my pc went on stand by at least 10 times
i will keep you updated

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/107933-problem-graphic-card-standby.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Graphic Card details: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-210/specifications

My problem is that, my pc restarts or hangs sometimes when i am i Desktop. I don't know what to make of it. Please some able person from this side of the forum please help, i want to know the nature of the problem. I willl await some response from some expert.

I am continuing this thread from this post,http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1130564-graphic-crad-giving-problem.html#post8956402

A:nvidia Graphic card problem?

closed please continue in your original thread http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1130564-graphic-crad-giving-problem.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-graphic-card-problem.1131993/
Relevancy 57.62%

so i was changing some stuff in the CCC when i tiked something call "compare sync" or something with sync. then my screen flickers and then no display. i restart my computer everthing posts and the booting of the windows appears as normal. then when it gets to windows there just a blank screen, but everythig else like my adapter mouse and stuff are lighting up, and my monitor lights up green which means it displaying and working....but i get a blank screen, so does anyone know this problem and have a solution??
Specs:
MSI Mega PC
Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHZ
786MB RAM
160GB HDD
ATI RADEON X1050
Windows Vista Home Premium

Relevancy 57.62%

So im playing Dead space 2 and everything is fine but every time there is a cinematic my screen gets all blurry with all kinds of different colors. whats could be causing that?

My graphic card is Radeon 5700 HD

and Ive tried to update my graphic card drivers but it hasn't helped

A:Graphic card cinematics problem!

Marlonanthony;1017512cinematic my screen gets all blurry with all kinds of different colors.[/QUOTE said:

It sounds like your GPU is overheating to me, have you measured the temps at all?Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphic-card-cinematics-problem.162601/
Relevancy 57.62%

my pc specs are OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Express Chipset Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - graphic problem detection card with MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd G M-ES L the problem is i replaced my nvidia gt mb g card but now it is not getting detected pc post but display comes from onboard vga but fan of card spins also one ati radeon card x which i m sure problem with graphic card detection is fine is giving weired display so i m confused about what is bad is it motherboard or the processor mb is a new one but the cpu is years old also i overclocked it to ghz when the problem with graphic card detection card gone bad also most of my data is getting courrpted dont know why what it could be cpu i guess plz help nbsp

A:problem with graphic card detection

Hello,
did you make sure to set up the BIOS in order to use the PCI-Express card as the primary display adapter? No, your CPU should be fine. Could you tell us more about your PSU (how many watts)?

also most of my data is getting courrpted dont know why ..?Click to expand...

Also, what do you mean by that?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-graphic-card-detection.1025183/
Relevancy 57.62%

How it started: My computer freezed while I was surffing on the net, I tryed to open the windows task manager to see if I could solve the problem but the computer did not react to the keyboard so I shut it down on the computer button and restarted it again and I noticed a diference on the HP BOOT menu (watch the pictures) but that is not the only problem, I cant use the f11 key to start the system recovery, the graphic card ventilator also runs faster now, I cant use the Sleep or the Hybernate mode and the screen resolution just goes till 1600x1200 and my screen used to be 1680x1050, Im trying to get a solution but its really hard and Im not an expert so I hope you can help me. Thanks alot.

System:

HP Pavilion Elite m9361
Intel Core2 Quad Q9300
GeForce 9800 GT
Memory RAM: 4GB

Before:
After:

A:Windows 7 HP Graphic Card Problem

Can you get into SafeMode (F8 key) and reset the resolution to a supported value?

(I've never seen an LCD display run that far out of range. That may be because I've always used the DVI interface.)

It may be just as well that you're having trouble with F11. It's likely that will rstore the machine the the condition when it left the factory, wiping out all of your files and settings. If it was originally a Vista machine which has been upgraded to Win7, the recovery partition may have been rendered useless.

If you have a Win7 installation DVD, the next thing to try would be repairing the startup.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/88259-windows-7-hp-graphic-card-problem.html
Relevancy 57.62%

hello

my system configuration is :
Motherboard :GA -8I865GME- 775
CPU :intel p4 HT 3.06GHz
RAM:1.5GB ddr1
graphics:On board intel 82865G graphics adapter
PSU :450 Watt

i have an AGP 4x/8x(1.5v) slot

now i want to install a new graphics card in my AGP slot and my question is :

Can my pc handle a 1GB graphic card or i should stick to a 512Mb one.

thank you in advance

A:problem upgrading the graphic card

Can you buy a 1GB AGP graphics card at the moment? They seem to be scarce (in the USA) at the moment.

If you can get one, the only harm that I foresee is a slightly higher cost than a 512MB model.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/242811-problem-upgrading-graphic-card.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I dual-boot XP and Windows I recently bought the GTX TI amp it works beautifully on my Windows I tried to install the drivers for the card on XP amp it keeps identifying the but w/ Card Graphic works Problem 7 on XP, card only as -- Display I did go back and uninstall the drivers off of and then uninstalled off of xp amp then reinstalled the drivers on xp My computer will install the driver software off of the cd amp correctly identifies it as GTX TI software but it keeps Graphic Card Problem w/ XP, but works on 7 identifying the card as only -- Display As I said before I tried it on Windows and it works great Here are my XP specs the Windows OS is bit The card I had before worked great on both OS which was the GT Any ideas on what might be wrong I have tried downloading the software directly from Nvidia but on my XP OS it says it cannot find the card when installing Specs Dell Inspiron Windows Graphic Card Problem w/ XP, but works on 7 XP Home Edition Service Pack Intel Core Quad CPU Q GHz CPUs GB of RAM Kingston BIOS Phoenix v PG GB HD Direct X C nbsp

A:Graphic Card Problem w/ XP, but works on 7

Make sure on Your windows 7 you have the windows 7 drivers and on your xp you have the windows XP versions of the drivers. Now personally from my experience i wouldnt know if this will create a error by have two graphic card driver versions on one computer as with any new graphics card you always need to delete the old cards drivers if you havent done that yet make sure you do.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphic-card-problem-w-xp-but-works-on-7.1024863/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi i got a graphic card problem gts it is but i dont think that matters so here s the problem it was working ok and i ve played all games and then one day i started mass effect and it was working and than BUM i see Solved: Graphic Problem Card some green dots on screen and music buggs and i cant alt f nor ctrl Solved: Graphic Card Problem alt del i must restart and that for a several times and then my system couldnt even detect graphics and i cannot start any game now drivers are up to date i installed directx too Solved: Graphic Card Problem Under display there is no graphics option it says VgaSave Under Device Manager it sees my card and there s a little quot quot and when i click on it it says Solved: Graphic Card Problem quot Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems Code quot and under location it says quot PCI Slot PCI bus device function quot i dunno what to do when i start pc i can see the cooler is working and i tried to clean it and to put it out of slot and put it back pls help nbsp

A:Solved: Graphic Card Problem

Sounds like a faulty card. Especially the description on how/when it failed.

Test the card in another PC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-graphic-card-problem.1049628/
Relevancy 57.62%

My system worked fine until I loaded a recommended windows update for my NVIDIA Winfast GeForce TDH card It loaded a driver that wasn t compatible with my widescreen LCD monitor I reloaded what I thought was the NVIDIA driver forceware for XP and things work better but I m getting an annoying flash anytime I right click on a video file icon OR when I Graphic Card NVIDIA Problem go open the NVIDIA control panel OR when I go into the video advanced settings on my desktop Those are the only times I get the flash It s not really a flash but more like my monitor is out of vertical phase It s rapid and brief Not a critical problem but I would like to find a fix I ve tried every refresh NVIDIA Graphic Card Problem rate and setting with in the NVIDIA controls but I NVIDIA Graphic Card Problem can t get rid of it if I didn t know it didn t do this previously I d ignore or replace my card I do not have the original driver for this card because I bought it used without it Perhaps someone could suggest a better driver Any help or suggestion would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

hi everyone
i have a big problem my graphic card HD4830 in win7.i just installed win7 my other drive ( D: )im downloaded lastest drivers from ati and im installed driver 9.7 version .after im restart pc and problem still there cpu usage %100 i think graphic card driver is not corretcly working ? but im sure im installed driver successfully.whatever if you know solution pls write there.thanks

A:HD4830 Graphic Card Problem ??

hi warhead, welcome to sevenforums,

are you sure the graphics driver is the problem?

run task-manager, and look in the processes tab - what is running at 100%?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/19400-hd4830-graphic-card-problem.html
Relevancy 57.62%

hp pavilion 15 p002stamd A10 5645mhd8610g & r7m260 on my system, 2 x video card,When playing low-power hd8610g which comes in,I want to change the default graphics card r7m260,so while playing the game I want to play r7m260 instead of hd8610g,Please help me to change my default video card.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Notebook-graphic-card-problem-HELP-Please/td-p/5806611
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a laptop with and a-4 4300 apu + radeon HD graphics which is 7670m.this laptop comes with switchable graphic but past 3 months is really giving me problems, no matter which driver Install switchable don't work. Plus if I restart windows 8 stuck in loop. I am really fed up guyz is there any permanent fix you can give me pls.

A:Graphic card problem back again

Hi @abhigehlaut, Thank you for your query.  I will do my best to lend a helping hand. I understand that you are running Windows 8 and are having an issue with the graphic drivers. Please try theses steps.Download the graphic driver sp63691 Version 13.152.1.1000 and save it to a known locationUninstall and delete both of the graphic driversrestart your notebookinstall the driver that you just saved.If the issue remains you could try installing the original drivers from the HP Recovery Manager. HP PCs - Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8) Please keep me updated on your progress. If this has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on "Accept as Solution" on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful for my post, kindly click the ?Thumbs Up? below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Graphic-card-problem-back-again/td-p/5762334
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello everyone I have recently purchased a brand new graphic card HD oc edition by gigabyte When I am gaming it Graphic Card problem Solved: sometimes turns off only the graphic card turns off ie the VGA fans stops The processor fan still running and no error beeps when i Solved: Graphic Card problem use my old GT i can play games for hours straight and nothing will happen I have searched the internet others seem to have the Solved: Graphic Card problem same problem But no fixes Powersupply w so im sure i have enough power games I play Aion C mass effect I sent it back to the company and they returned it to me saying there is nothing wrong with someone suggested that I should run benchmarking softwares to test it out So i did I used a few of them like Heaven and OCCT I ran them for hours straight and i had no problem only happens in games Maybe a little faster in Aion what do you think it is I personally think its damaged max temp on load c nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4400 @ 2.00GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1525 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) Q965/Q963 Express Chipset Family, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 147581 MB, Free - 129221 MB; D: Total - 5004 MB, Free - 2799 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0TY565
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

I am trying to install a EVGA GeForce 6200 512mb PCI graphics card. I get a cursor with a backlight and light code 1-2-3 and NO video. Tried everything I can think of including changing the bios setup.

Relevancy 57.62%

I purchased a HP 15 ay005 tx. It is a DOS Machine. Everything is working except thr AMD Radeon R5 330 Graphic Card. I have currently installed windows 10 32-bit on it. I feel the graphic card is not working properly. When I click on AMD Radeon Settings, thr following error pops up-" AMD Graphic Driver not Found.Please try again afyer connecting AMD Graphic Card." I tried updating the AMd Radeon driver from AMD site too but even after updatinf the problem remain same. What should I do?Earlier I had installed Windows 7 64-bit but than majy of the drivers were not working. So I upgraded to Windowa 10 32-bit. It has switchable Intel Graphic 5500 too. Please help.

A:Graphic Card Driver Problem

Hi: There are no 32 bit graphics drivers for the graphics setup your PC has. I recommend you install W10 64 bit and use the Intel and AMD graphics drivers from your notebook's support page. You need to install the Intel HD graphics driver first, restart the PC and then install the AMD graphics driver and restart the PC.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Graphic-Card-Driver-Problem/td-p/5723065
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi all,

I am using a Sony vaio laptop VGN-SZ75GN. I recently upgraded my windows vista busniess 32-bit to a windows 7 ulitmate 64-bit using a clean installation.

I have a external graphic card which is NVIDIA? GeForce? 8400M GS notebook graphics processing unit(GPU) (SPEED MODE) / Intel? Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 (STAMINA MODE). After installing Windows 7, it couldn't detect the graphic card. This was done by looking at the device manager saying that it only detected a stardard VGA Graphic Adapter. I tried to check for updates, but it said that the stardard VGA Graphic Adapter was the best driver software. I looked around the forum like a headless chicken and couldn't find a solution for my laptop.

Can anyone find a solution for my problem? Will be very much apprieciated.
This are some of the pictures of my laptop's specs.

Yours Sincerely,
Legendation.

A:Hi all. Need solution for my graphic card problem.

Hi.

Follow this link.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/37339-hi-all-need-solution-my-graphic-card-problem.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello! I have problem with my graphic card Geforce GTX 850M on my HP ENVY 15-k000ew notebook. I can not update software, system don't "see" card in Device Manager, most offten it is shown as Display in Other Devices. Best regards,Mateusz

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Problem-with-graphic-card-GTX-850M/td-p/5733761
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a hp pavilion laptop from 2005. It has a problem after I reinstalled the xp pro system recently. The installation process went smoothly until I finished installing all the drivers and rebooted.

1. When it booted and got to the blue welcome page, the monitor shows nothing(ONLY BLACK) but I could hear the login sound. I could see the desktop if I connect it to a desktop monitor. tried to adjust the resolution but no luck.

2. this also happens sometimes that it couldn't successfully boot to welcome page. it just stopped forever at the XP LOGO and blue loading bar.

I could log into safe mode without any problem and could see the desktop using laptop's screen.

it's the first time happening to me. but I suspect the graphic card got problem. Does anyone have any idea? thank you very much.

A:HP Laptop Graphic Card or HDD problem???

Don't know how - but cleaned it all up and things are working fine...

For now.

The laptop will be back in 3 months I am betting....

Till then - I am back to "Cool Uncle" status!

(Please close - Thanks)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-graphic-card-or-hdd-problem.1003780/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a new acer aspire 5534 laptop and have probably used the windows dvd maker ten times already with minimal problems. I tried to open the dvd maker today and got an error message that said my video card did not meet minimum system requirements. I know this is not true because I have used it in the past. my video card is a ATI Radeon HD 3200. Any help would be appreciated

A:DVD maker and graphic card problem

Hello Zombi,

Welcome to Seven Forums.

I take it that you are not having any problems with the display. I would check in device manager (Control Panel\System and Security) to make sure it shows it is working properly. If so, then I would try uninstall/reinstall of DVD Maker. Control Panel/Programs and Features/Turn windows features on or off (on the left). DVD maker is under Media Features. Uncheck and reboot to uninstall. Check to reinstall (might need a reboot).

Hope this helps.

Gary

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/58914-dvd-maker-graphic-card-problem.html
Relevancy 57.62%

ok so i needed a new graphics card and i opened up my tower or w/e its called to see if i need pci or agp pcie etc....and i saw pci slots then i looked closer and saw pciex16 written very small next to this was an empty slot ...by slot i mean were the graphics card goes into the way my motherboard works is theres 3pci slots in a row and were theres supose to be a fourth...theres nothing so i assumed the other 3 were pciex16 so i went out and bought a pciex16 card turns out it doesnt fit.....why and were is my pciex16 slot if it clearly says it on the motherboard

any help is appreciated thanks =)

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi all...long time no post..had no problems...till now

Sempron 2200, 1gb ddr ram, 2x80gb maxtor hdd, nvidia geforce 6600xt agp, windows xp pro.
Only signs of problems I've had in last few weeks has been very patchy graphics and occasional crashing in the only game I play (world of warcraft). All other graphics have been fine and no other system crashes.
Today however, turned the system on as usual and got as far as my desktop. I could open files etc but after approx one minute the desktop visual reverts to the old style grey blocks (instead of the rounded xp blue/green) and the pc shuts down and goes into a continuous reboot cycle.
Booting into safe mode makes no difference.
I've tried chkdsk and fixmbr to no effect either.
CPU temp is about 40 and shutdown temp is disabled anyway.

Soooo....any ideas?
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-my-graphic-card-dead-or-is-it-a-different-problem.823518/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi guys My computer is about years old now and came with a nvidia geforce mx graphics card but recently a few problems have risen and i suspect it is because of the graphic card Firstly my monitor sometimes flickers and turns off randomly and i cant turn it back on again i have to resort to [SOLVED] Please problem? Graphic help!!! card restarting by pressing the power button but then the computer produces a quot beep quot sound when booting and the monitor doesnt work After a while however it starts working again but this time i used quot dxdiag quot as someone had hinted to look up my graphic card and now it doesnt recognise the graphic card i had done this before but today after rebooting my computer the display went all funny The resolution was extremely low and the colours did not display correctly My mouse left trails all over the place and i only fixed it by going to desktop properties and resetting the settings only to discover my graphic card was not recognised Secondly my computer sometimes only sometimes freezes up and then restarts again automatically there are no problems but then an error report message springs up and tells me there is a problem with my graphic card I think everythings fine but then [SOLVED] Graphic card problem? Please help!!! once i shut down and reboot it again it stuffs up in the same manner as i said above there have been no data losses or anything like that it just seems that the display has been disrupted This is part of the dxdiag thing hope it helps ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name HP Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer HP Pavilion System Model P A-ABG a BIOS Award Medallion BIOS v Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Manufacturer Chip type DAC type Device Key Enum Display Memory n a Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name vga dll Driver Version English DDI Version unknown Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd Yes WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD vga sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B EE - - CF-B - AAEC C Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x Revision ID x Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a Registry OK DDraw Status Not Available D D Status Not Available AGP Status Not Available DDraw Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run -------------------------------------------------------------------------- I've gotten into trouble once before by stuffing up the computer and i dont want it to happen again Can someone please help me and please ask me any question related to solving this Thank you all who are willing to help i am SO desperate P S can someone also please tell me if i am able to play any d games once my graphic card isnt recognised will it still work

A:[SOLVED] Graphic card problem? Please help!!!

Download an updated driver for your card from the nVidia site. Also try a different monitor, that may be the problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-graphic-card-problem-please-help-435482.html