Windows Support Forum

Brown Screen and Vertical Lines - Black Screen on Boot

Q: Brown Screen and Vertical Lines - Black Screen on Boot

Hello I had a very odd incident with my computer Specs FX- ASUS M A LE R Ripjaws Gskill x GB Rosewill Green Series W Also have a Cooler Master EVO for the CPU R x Gigabyte OC Edition So I was playing a game called Gnomoria which to my knowledge shouldn't be very taxing on a computer When suddenly my screen went brown with vertical lines I could still hear the music playing but it seemed my PC was frozen I decided to then restart - Black Vertical Lines on and Screen Brown Screen Boot the computer As windows booted up I Brown Screen and Vertical Lines - Black Screen on Boot got the chime that signals you were moments away from logging only to get a screen that is black I can move the cursor but thats its nothing else works I then restarted my computer again with the same problem Finally I restarted the computer again but in safe mode with networking and I Brown Screen and Vertical Lines - Black Screen on Boot got that to work Beyond this point I am not very experienced when it comes to computers though I did build this rig myself I'm just wondering what went wrong and how can I start to fix this problem I was not overclocking at all at temps right before the Brown Screen looked cool with the CPU at C and the GPU around - C I also posted this under graphics problems mostly because this issue probably is GPU related I'm running on or drivers Im not sure which one but I am running on older ones mainly because I was having Blue Screen issues about months ago which was fixed thanks to this forum I'm just not sure where to go from here any help would be appreciated

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Brown Screen and Vertical Lines - Black Screen on Boot

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Brown Screen and Vertical Lines - Black Screen on Boot

I forgot to mention that I did a system restore which brought it back 10 days earlier in which a version of direct X was installed. The system restore didn't work though and i was still welcomed with the black screen and only a mouse cursor. I have not changed any settings though recently.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/341743-brown-screen-vertical-lines-black-screen-boot.html
Relevancy 83.7%

Hello all After being almost rudely ignored on two other forums about graphics cards I decided to come back to you guys even though you're not a website Vertical 6970 Black Lines or Screen that specializes in graphics cards Before I start just to note - I've heard the problem I have can be caused 6970 Black Screen or Vertical Lines by a hardware issue and not only Windows SO HERE'S THE DEAL I changed my good ol' perfectly functioning for a The first issues cam when my computer started shutting off randomly I 6970 Black Screen or Vertical Lines have now taken care of this problem and upgraded my W Stock Supply to a CM W Bronze Unfortunately there is another issue which is driving me so mad I'm ready to through my entire PC setup out the window The card is giving me the vertical lines problem This is a well known problem for some 's even though my old had no such problem and for almost all series users The problem is rumored to be caused either by a bad memory clock voltage or fan speed setting but I've spent about two hours messing around with those both overclocking and underclocking and have only gotten things worse - the vertical lines seem to be gone but now my computer crashes with the much more unpleasant BLACK SCREEN You game and then - BLACK SCREEN What I've noticed is that the audio sometimes continues normally but Alt F -ing and Ctrl Alt Del-ing doesn't do anything Right now I have reset everything dirvers card OC settings to default and I have no idea what to do Just a note - if I can't gat this fixed in a few days I probably WILL go crazy and ragequit not only PC gaming but the computer world itself I just can't help but be baffled by how an estimated of a PC upgrade causes NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS Anyone know what to do

A:6970 Black Screen or Vertical Lines

After doing a quick search on your problem I can feel your pain. Seems their is no shortage of complaints.
Have you tried contacting the manufacturer to see what their take is on this seemingly wide spread problem?
Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/179526-6970-black-screen-vertical-lines.html
Relevancy 82.15%

Hello there when I was playing on a game on Windows Xp World of Warcraft the screen froze and vertical lines appeared all over lines booting, black. computer vertical is screen goes Random when the the screen Then turned off after about minutes So I thought Random vertical lines when computer is booting, the screen goes black. quot It must be Random vertical lines when computer is booting, the screen goes black. overheated quot So I left it for about Random vertical lines when computer is booting, the screen goes black. half an hour and turned it on It s a hp computer so it said hp somthing somthing there then was a black screen with a flashing Then it went to Windows Xp loading screen as usual but this time I noticed there were some lines going though the words quot Windows Xp quot after it d finished loading the screen went black and nothing happned However the tower was still on I also checked that there was no loose cabels etc All was fine I left it and tried it this morning still the same issue I ve read of simmilar cases on the internet like mine and heard it could possibly be the video card or just simply the monitor Any help I m pondering what to do now nbsp

A:Random vertical lines when computer is booting, the screen goes black.

danthebest said:

Hello there, when I was playing on a game on Windows Xp (World of Warcraft) the screen froze and vertical lines appeared all over the screen. Then turned off after about 2 minutes. So I thought, "It must be overheated." So I left it for about half an hour, and turned it on. It's a hp computer so it said hp somthing somthing, there then was a black screen with a flashing _ . Then it went to Windows Xp loading screen as usual, but this time I noticed there were some lines going though the words "Windows Xp" after it'd finished loading the screen went black and nothing happned. However, the tower was still on. I also checked that there was no loose cabels, etc. All was fine. I left it and tried it this morning, still the same issue. I've read of simmilar cases on the internet like mine, and heard it could possibly be the video card, or just simply the monitor. Any help? I'm pondering what to do now.Click to expand...
Inexpensive option - borrow a monitor to eliminate yours from your enquiries. Don't even think about a graphics card man enough to handle WoW until you're sure that's the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-vertical-lines-when-computer-is-booting-the-screen-goes-black.900967/
Relevancy 81.22%

All help appreciated

My new Windows 8 machine frequently, but not always, displays a split screen with vertical black lines after waking up. When I say split screen, I mean it appears that the screen has 'rolled' to the right, with the right third of the screen or so disappearing and rolling around to the left. I hope that makes sense.

Anyway, between the two issues, it renders the machine unusable. I can just about find the restart button, but it means I'm forced into it against my will.

Graphics driver up to date. (According to windows device driver)

Any ideas?

A:Satellite Pro L870-17X: Vertical Black lines and split screen after wake up

To be honest I?ve never heard about such issue. I think you are the first one who reports about that.
Maybe you should back-up all your data and reinstall OS using HDD recovery option.
After doing this you will have ?factory settings? again and test it if the same happen again.

For how long do you have this machine?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?71840-Satellite-Pro-L870-17X-Vertical-Black-lines-and-split-screen-after-wake-up
Relevancy 109.65%

Hi,

I have had my toshiba p200-144 for a couple of years now and when I tried booting it up there were dotted lines vertically displayed on the screen. When I tried to boot in normal mode i got the BSOD however in safe mode it boots absolutely fine, no troubles. That made me think I may have downloaded something dodgy so, I reinstalled Vista and it worked for maybe an hour. Rebooted it after some updates and the same problem occured.

Thanks

James

A:Solved: Vertical Lines across screen. BSOD on boot

The vertical lines went away after the reload? It sounded like the LCD was going bad until you reported that. Maybe graphics card drivers ...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vertical-lines-across-screen-bsod-on-boot.1048087/
Relevancy 107.07%

Hey on lines boot screen, past loading bar wont windows vertical all I m running a hp pavilion d y with vista bit I vertical lines on screen, wont boot past windows loading bar startup the computer and there are groups of vertical lines all across the screen and the computer wont boot past the windows loading bar The computer was doing this before and had a hard drive laying around i was dying to use I installed the new hdd and did a complete clean install of vista bit and updated the drivers The lines stopped and the computer worked perfectly for about weeks and same problem happened again My only thought at this point is the video card is bad I put this card in my other pc and the other pc failed to boot at all no lines Any wisdom on this matter would be greatly appreciated and i thank you all in advance Link to pc specs http reviews cnet com desktops hp- - html these are correct specs besides I m running gb of ram instead of gb Thanks Zman nbsp

A:vertical lines on screen, wont boot past windows loading bar

I had a similar problem when my computer tipped over.
I reseated the memory sticks and the problem stopped.
Hope this works for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vertical-lines-on-screen-wont-boot-past-windows-loading-bar.979273/
Relevancy 103.2%

My screen developed blinking vertical lines in the beginning to constant now. There is no more blinking, just vertical lines of varying colors. 
Is this fixable or will i have to replace my display screen?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19772331
Relevancy 103.2%

I have never seen a screen like this in the years I've had my own computer I had Windows on a secondary drive as a dual boot with Windows temporarily as I migrated to Windows I somehow messed up either the boot loader or somehow corrupted the Win install for which I'll skip the details for now But it was just as I was starting to decommission my Win install I removed one drive from the -drive mirror running Win but figuring the single disk left would still run in a 'degraded' status It ended up messing something up I've been running bootrec fixmbr fixboot Death on Vertical of Screen' Lines 'White Screen Orange scanos and rebuildBCD from my Win USB stick and it says it completed but no luck on booting I get either xc or xc 'White Vertical Lines on Orange Screen' Screen of Death a errors Auto repair can't fix it I tried running this command quot bcdboot c windows s c quot and got the screen shown in the attachment White vertical lines on an orange background The only drives connected is the Win SSD sata drive and a DVD drive on IDE I disconnected the DVD drive and the Win flash screen would appear with the circular dots but would freeze right there I don't have logs or screenshots to show but the single partition on the SSD is marked as active via diskpart no system reserve partition bcdedit shows c windows as the default location of the OS diskpart shows the partition as c but the DVD drive is disk and the SSD is disk Would that be a problem It is like it can't find the winload exe file but I verified it exists Any 'White Vertical Lines on Orange Screen' Screen of Death help is appreciated

A:'White Vertical Lines on Orange Screen' Screen of Death

Have you tried putting the removed drive back in?

It looks like a video card problem (hardware) to me - but it shouldn't be that because you're able to use the USB Startup Repair functions (am I right in this assumption?). That means (to me) that it's likely to be a video driver problem (?).

Can you attempt to boot into Safe Mode? If so, what happens?
Does the screen problem show up after POST is completed? If so, at what point does it show up?

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/20222-white-vertical-lines-orange-screen-screen-death.html
Relevancy 102.34%

Hi there all I really hope you guys can help me I bought a Samsung R for my son years ago He has had so many problems with this machine and has had to spend hundreds of pounds on repairs replacements Jacks batteries chargers overheating problems and now the latest problem I will explain as well as I can On start up he could put in his password but then after clicking the screen is black with vertical broken lines right across the screen and nothing else happens He infected Vista: worked, with now R700 vertical disc not screen, Samsung Fix. lines, recovery Vista Windows black can use it in safe mode for basic internet connection He backed up his Samsung R700 Vista: black screen, vertical lines, recovery disc not worked, now infected with Windows Vista Fix. files onto an external drive and then used the Samsung recovery Samsung R700 Vista: black screen, vertical lines, recovery disc not worked, now infected with Windows Vista Fix. disc to try to restore Windows etc It didn t work Still exactly as before I found out online that there have been defects with the NVidia graphics card he has the I rolled back the driver to an earlier one and then managed to start up in normal mode but then all the critical error messages started coming up I didn t realise this was a malware at the time and started following it s instructions for fixing the errors It said were fixed and were not I got suspicious when it said I could purchase the fix and googled it then of course arrived on Samsung R700 Vista: black screen, vertical lines, recovery disc not worked, now infected with Windows Vista Fix. your forum I cannot get access to internet explorer on the computer so will have to download any removal tools to my own computer first I have enabled Windows firewall but cannot enable Defender and there is no antivirus now and I cannot find any programs or IE so cannot download an antivirus I am not very computer savvy so please have patience with me I am however very determined to fix my son s computer after all the cash he has had to spend on it I am limited to what I can do because of the malware and it keeps switching the laptop off Please please please help me

A:Samsung R700 Vista: black screen, vertical lines, recovery disc not worked, now infected with Windows Vista Fix.

but then all the critical error messages started coming up.I didn't realise this was a malware at the time and started following it's instructions for fixing the errors.Do you recall what those 'error' messages said? What 'program' did it say they were from? Did it ask that you purchase some software to clean the errors? If so, what was the name of it?Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/409907/samsung-r700-vista-black-screen-vertical-lines-recovery-disc-not-worked-now-infected-with-windows-vista-fix/
Relevancy 97.18%

I have a Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop running XP SP3. About 3 months ago I started getting vertical lines on the screen. One at first then after a few weeks another until now about 8 and a black screen. I can't boot to safe mode but can get to the bios. I've read other threads here and most suggest on the lcd screen going out. I don't know much about laptops but I'm kinda leaning toward the mother board.
Any help would be appreciated.

A:Vertical lines on LCD screen

To check if the vertical lines on your screen is caused by a faulty LCD screen, try to access the bios and check if the vertical lines appear. If you see the vertical lines on the bios screen that means your LCD will need to be replaced. But if you did not see any lines then it is possible that your issue is with the video card. Try to reinstall the video card driver for your system and see if that will help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vertical-lines-on-lcd-screen.957183/
Relevancy 97.18%

I have a Dell Latitude that I replaced a backlight and inverter on, but now there are two vertical lines on the left hand side of the screen, purple and green. What is the source of these lines and what do I need to do to get rid of them?

A:Two Vertical Lines on LCD Screen

How wide are the lines? If they are just a pixel or so wide then a colum or two of pixels may be dead, and you'd need to replace the screen to resolve that issue as far as I know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-vertical-lines-on-lcd-screen.91564/
Relevancy 97.18%

Yesterday the computer went wonko. we were playing a movie in QuickTime and all of a sudden what seemed like the resolution deteriorated drastically. Closer examination showed that there are all these tiny red vertical lines on the screen. we plugged the laptop into the computer and the resolution was fine, so i'm hoping it's not a graphics card problem. Is there anyone in computer-land that can help the technologically challenged? I appreciate any and all help.

Computer stats: Asus gaming laptop running windows 7 home premium.
Thanks,

atc142730

A:Red Vertical Lines on Screen

Quote:

Originally Posted by atc142730

Yesterday the computer went wonko. we were playing a movie in QuickTime and all of a sudden what seemed like the resolution deteriorated drastically. Closer examination showed that there are all these tiny red vertical lines on the screen. we plugged the laptop into the computer and the resolution was fine, so i'm hoping it's not a graphics card problem. Is there anyone in computer-land that can help the technologically challenged? I appreciate any and all help.

Computer stats: Asus gaming laptop running windows 7 home premium.
Thanks,

atc142730

It might be the graphic card it seems that those vertical red lines are artifacts or it could be software related to the graphic card, I just had a similar issue but the red lines where horizontal. But mine was way worst it would shut down and show a blue screen telling me and error that points to the graphic card.

Try reinstalling the software for your graphic card, see how that works.

Have you heard weird noises of the fan before that?
By the way how old is your graphic card, wich type of graphic card and how do you use it. ?
Ex: I play "Name of game" for 6 hours non stop 7 days a week.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/red-vertical-lines-on-screen-680435.html
Relevancy 97.18%

This happened about 15 minutes ago.

Finished playing Battlefield 2 online, logged off and got back into my desktop but I periodically get these vertical lines (about an inch thick running the full height of the screen) it's even doing it now as I type this.
I have a feeling that my graphics is to blame (it's getting on a bit) but I'm not sure.

The pc is only 3 months old so I can't see it being that, the graphics card is about 1.5 - 2 years old which I took from my old pc and put into this new one.

I've rebooted a few times but I'm still getting this happening. So any ideas? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Here's my specs:

P4 3.2
1024 gigs of ram
250 gb hdd
Power color ati 9800 xt graphics card

Relevancy 97.18%

Today when I got back from work my desktop could be seen but I have blinking blue/pink vertical lines that wont go away. I can do everything normally but i dont know why i see those lines. Btw I have a Dell Inspiron 600m that runs on Windows XP.
thanks!

A:Vertical lines on screen

Did you try rebooting your system, or shutting it completely down and restarting? If not, try it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vertical-lines-on-screen.636345/
Relevancy 97.18%

I have vertical lines that are 3/4 of the way down on my screen, have had for a couple of days. They are so bad that I can't see through them. Help me get them OFF.

A:Vertical lines across screen

You might start with make/model numbers and whether this is a TV, computer display, CRT, LCD, what?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vertical-lines-across-screen.779811/
Relevancy 97.18%

Hello Community,I'm facing the vertical lines issue on right side of my screen. When I minimized all the open windows than it go out within 2-3 seconds. I'm facing this issue from last few days. And else thing sometime these lines comes 3-4 times in a day and sometimes they don't even appear for a week. Need urgent assistant about solving this issue. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/vertical-lines-on-screen-in-right/td-p/5639732
Relevancy 97.18%

Iím having a strange problem with a HP Pavilion DV5000 laptop.

When i turn the laptop on nothing appears to the screen. The back light however done turn on. After about 30 seconds vertical lines start appearing on the screen.

I plugged it into an external monitor and the external screen works fine so i figured that rules out any problem with the GPU. I tried replacing the screen but the same problem occurs. I then retried replacing the screen cable but again, the same problem. Is it likely at this stage that the problem is with the GPU? even though it works on the external screen.

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you in advance.

Relevancy 97.18%

Hi about a month ago thin vertical lines started to appear in the left side of my screen but they would disappear if a slight pressure was applied to the back of the screen. i was reluctant to do anything earlier because I need the laptop for uni

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/vertical-lines-on-screen/td-p/5640239
Relevancy 95.89%

i have a 17" monitor with vertical colored lines going across the entire screen. not sure what is wrong or if it is fixable. screen worked great one day and did not the next. it is a Hyundai Imagequest L70S.
i have disconnected from the tower, swapped cables, power cords, and plugged into power outlet with no source and still get the same screen so it is the monitor. i unplugged and left off for 2 days "hoping" it would work again, but no luck. Any thoughts as to what this could be? thanks in advance.

A:Vertical colored lines across lcd screen

dude, classic case of 'gpu gone bad'. so, you need to hit your latest video store, get a copy of girls gone bad. before that though, take out your graphic card and sent it for repair. or, if it's possible, get yourself a new one. pls determine your system specs and requirements first before going to either the comp shop or the video store

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vertical-colored-lines-across-lcd-screen.119178/
Relevancy 95.89%

All nbsp I've just moved from a Yoga S to the Yoga nbsp It's great but I have a very strange screen artifact nbsp nbsp The issue is I can see veritcal lines that you can see on your screen whenever it has moved recently For example when just opening the lid or when using it in a train or car nbsp These are most obvious when the display is cold nbsp It's most obvious on blue If for example I look full screen at this image http www wsllpaper com wp-content uploads blue-sky-and-mountains-hd-desktop-wallpaper jpgjust after I open my computer from sleep they are really visible I can make them appear by vibrating my laptop like putting on my lap and bouncing my knee Or by tapping the side of the display It's easiest to see when the room lighting is dark and the laptop is set to maximum brightness nbsp The lines are across the whole screen and perhaps about or pixels apart Each is vertical and spans the whole height of the screen from top to bottom I Yoga Vertical on lines 260 Screen think they are a real physical thing not a display artifact - that is I think they're wires or sensors or something for the new active pen or for the touchscreen They seem to be harder to make visible when the laptop has been on for a long time that is after the screen has warmed up nbsp They're very very easy to make appear when the display is cold and has just turned on nbsp Does anyone Vertical lines on Yoga 260 Screen have this issue as well nbsp Should I learn to love it or send it back nbsp The laptop is only a couple days old at this point wondering if I should send it back as factory defect nbsp

A:Vertical lines on Yoga 260 Screen

I'm not seeing it here on your test image. Could that be some kind of image retention? If you could capture a phone pic I can compare it with my 1-day old Yoga 260. If there are any other repro steps other than waking up from sleep please feel free to include that as well.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Vertical-lines-on-Yoga-260-Screen/td-p/3311752
Relevancy 95.89%

Hi I've got a Fujitsu Lifebook N Series, Model Number N3511 it runs on Windows Xp home.
When I'am booting up my laptop I get multicoloured vertical lines across the screen which are there constantly, I have done a system restore to an earlier time and it hasn't solved the problem it has been dropped and I was wondering if it was the graphics card that isn't working due to it being dropped if this is the problem can you please tell me what graphics card it is and where I can get a new one from. And if it isn't this what it may be and how I can solve the problem. I would be very grateful for any help and advice.

Thanks Sarah

A:Vertical lines on laptop screen

Please do not start multiple threads on the same topic. Continue here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vertical-lines-on-laptop-screen.974836/
Relevancy 95.89%

I have windows xp prof installed on my computer. I have noticed that i have pink vertical lines on my screen. They become more prominent when i scroll up or down. They are on all apps and also on my wallpaper. I have never encountered this and nobody seems to know what they are. Any ideas would be appreciated?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/vertical-pink-lines-on-screen-320822.html
Relevancy 95.89%

My screen pulsates and flickers. The letters of a whole word vibrate and shake independantly. The vertical lines have a real small zig zag to them. Does anyone know how to adjust this. It's not a resolution isssue. I run win2k

A:screen is garbled and vertical lines zig zag

Maybe refresh rate?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-is-garbled-and-vertical-lines-zig-zag.287099/
Relevancy 95.89%

Soon after installing Vista on my desktop I started getting artifacts on the screen that make it pretty much impossible to read The computer will now only boot into safe mode When I try to boot it regularly it hangs on a black screen before loading vista There are artifacts when the system Lines Artifacts/Vertical on Screen posts as well as in the BIOS I read somewhere that this might be a RAM issue At the time I had stick of GB ram as well as x MB I removed the x thinking that Vista had an issue with the memory configuration and the system started up just fine - the screen looked absolutely normal I left the computer running all night and there were no issues I then moved the Artifacts/Vertical Lines on Screen computer downstairs and tried to restart it and now the same problem is back - the artifacts on the screen Could this be a possible seating problem with the graphics card and I just happened to fix it when I removed the RAM I ve tried removing cleaning and reseating the graphics card but it still doesn t fix the problem Does anyone have any what the problem Artifacts/Vertical Lines on Screen is Thanks Computer Specs ASUS P P -E DELUXE Intel Motherboard Intel Pentium E Prescott GHz CPU Corsair Valueselect x MB RAM Seagate GB RPM IDE HDD Antec TRUE ATX W PSU GeForce GT MB AGP x x nbsp

Relevancy 95.89%

My compaq presario laptop CQ57 has a vertical line and red screen on startup, please what is the solution.  Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Red-screen-with-vertical-lines-on-my-laptop/td-p/5739989
Relevancy 95.89%

Hi I've got a Fujitsu Lifebook N Series, Model Number N3511 it runs on Windows XP Home.
When I'am booting up my laptop, I get multicoloured vertical lines across the screen which are there constantly. I have done a system restore to an earlier time but it hasn't solved the problem it has been dropped and I was wondering if it was the graphics card that isn't working due to it being dropped if this is the problem can you please tell me what graphics card it is and where I can get a new one from. And if it isn't this then what it may be and how I can solve the problem. I would be very grateful for any help and advice.

Thanks Sarah

A:Vertical lines on laptop screen

http://www.digitaltrends.com/laptop-reviews/fujitsu-lifebook-n3511-review/specifications/

will be mobo so its broken , sorry no card in yours but double check !!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vertical-lines-on-laptop-screen.974847/
Relevancy 95.89%

So my (out of warranty) laptop suddenly began displaying thin vertical lines (the strongest ones appear as red and there are 2 of these, but there are others of varying hue across the whole display).
I checked externally and the lines do not appear so it is clearly a hardware issue as opposed to graphics card, and I have seen many other posts where the same problem has occurred.
Before I start a dialogue with Dell customer support and experience the inevitable holding, questions, misunderstandings etc. I was wondering if anyone has any idea how much an out of warranty repair might cost me, or if it might be better to go to an external repair shop to try and fix the issue. I took it to PC World initially, but they claim they couldn't get the spare parts required to repair it.
Any advice is greatly appreciated, thank you in advance!
Lisa

A:XPS 15 9530 - vertical lines across screen

Depending on the resolution of the screen, it looks like the part costs between $230-300.  Add whatever an hour's labor costs in your area to the total.  You can contact Dell for a repair estimate as well (but note that there's a charge for the estimate that then gets applied to the total repair cost).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19681066
Relevancy 95.89%

Fault just started yesterday
have never had this on any pc or laptop before.
Any suggestions or causes ?

The machine seems ok otherwise , I took it apart earlier today and cleaned out dust etc and no loose wires evident.
Its a Toshiba L300 - 155

I bought the machine used in 2011 for about ?120 i think so it isnt worth much now !
But i am happy to tinker and replace parts etc if its not mega time consuming.

have access to another laptop for browsing etc.

A:vertical colored lines on screen

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Can you try connecting to an External Monitor or another source ... To rule out Graphics Card issue ? ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/356234-vertical-colored-lines-screen.html
Relevancy 95.89%

I have HP Spectre x360 Convertible PC 13-4007na, i have recently noticed white think vertical lines appearing on the screen. my warranty has expired April this year. my laptop freezes when these lines appear and they come and go.Can somebody help me please as I am not sure what to do. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/white-vertical-lines-on-the-screen/td-p/5758248
Relevancy 95.89%

Images from my year-old monitor's camera have six very thin vertical lines, running top of the screen to the bottom, each a single color. System is XPS 8700, monitor is Dell UltraSharp 23" Multimedia Monitor, camera is UZ2315H. Using an external camera eliminates the problem.
Any suggestions on how I can fix this would be much appreciated.
John

A:Vertical lines on monitor screen

If you have another system to try, see if the monitor causes problems with that system.  If it does, the camera or cable inside the display is likely bad.  If not, and the camera connects to the PC through a USB cable, try a different USB cable or USB port - if you still see the same result, the camera is bad.  Cheapest solution is to use a different camera. Otherwise, it's likely the monitor needs to be replaced.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19717382
Relevancy 95.89%

Hi,

I have a Dell XPS M1530 Laptop that I've had for about a few years now. I suddenly notice that there is blue vertical lines. I try closing the laptop monitor and reopening it to see if it goes away. It would work for a short period of time but now the lines are constantly there. I can close the laptop lid down to a certain point and there will be no lines and the display will be fine again. I'm guessing the display wire could possibly damage. Is there anything I could do to replace the wire or fix the problem myself?

A:Screen has blue vertical lines

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCWiEdaditA

its possible to fix but even i do not like to touch lappys

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-has-blue-vertical-lines.1033854/
Relevancy 95.89%

the bottom half of my screen dont work have toa gust the screen for it to work and then some times still dont work

A:how to fix my laptop screen that has vertical lines through

First of all try an external monitor on it to make sure it really is a screen fault. If that does it too then let us know.If it is the screen itself then you either repair or replace it. Sometimes screen problems can be due to the cable connecting between the computer and screen (they give trouble where it hinges back and forth). In these cases you can often see a tell tale change by watching the screen then closing it slowly until it is nearly down.The connectors can also work loose at either end.EDIT: I've just realised that you probably mean "adjust" the screen. If so what particular adjustment do you make that temporarily fixes it?Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanksmessage edited by Derek

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/how-to-fix-my-laptop-screen-that-has-vertical-lines-through/203661.html
Relevancy 95.89%

When my computer first starts up I get a rainbow of vertical lines on my screen, they go away and everything seems to be ok. However in addition, I now have a pink line running right down the center of my screen.
Would anyone know what is causing this and how to fix the problem
Thank you

A:Vertical lines on monitor screen

You may need to post more info for someone to be able to help you, things like what vid card you have, what size power supply you use and your monitor settings, screen resolution and things like that. All of these can affect your monitors display in some way. Hope this will help you out a little.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vertical-lines-on-monitor-screen.590352/
Relevancy 95.89%

I have an Inspiron 11.  Last night I upgraded the memory to 8gb (Crucial 8GB Single DDR3 1600 MT/s (PC3-12800) CL11 SODIMM 204-Pin 1.35V/1.5V Notebook Memory CT102464BF160B) and when I try to boot, it won't bring up Windows...the screen looks like it freezes.  I've tried the diagnostics, same problem.  It's not at a consistent time.  Sometimes it goes a little further, but it never makes it to the Windows screen.  Once I put back the old memory it works fine.  I get that it's a memory problem, but I thought I read that the memory I purchased worked for others.  So I'm wondering if there's something I can do to get it to work for me. 
I'm not a technical guy (as your probably figured out).  Just a guy who likes to screw around and learn. 

A:Upgraded Memory Won't boot (screen goes black with white lines)

Hi BILLYV1084,
Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.
Can you check the new memory modules on another system?
Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id so that we can check on the system configuration.
(Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983595
Relevancy 95.03%

Hello I am new here and hoping that somebody might help me I have a Toshiba Satellite L laptop I have read the topics about vertical lines on laptop screens here but my case is different I suddenly got these vertical lines all over my screen about pixel thick and to pixels apart and that when it appears the system crashes and freezed I tried to reboot but when the desktop icons start to appear then the red vertical lines also appear and that the system freezes again When in safe mode it works fine So i tried to re-install the windows bit Case Lines Laptop Vertical - on Screen Different system from my package After installation it works fine But when I restarted my laptop again it showed red vertical lines and system crashed Everytime this happens I have to re-install my windows again and again just to use my laptop For now I don t shutdown my laptop because i know that when I will start it up i will have the same problem again and will have to re-install I don t think that this relates to loosed connections or overheating because I never shutdown my laptop for a week now I also tried to open my laptop to inspect the graphic card ATI Radeon but I cannot find it perhaps it is integrated to the motherboard I noticed that something triggers this vertical lines to appear like running MS DOS programs hibernating idling and dimming to save power restarting and when administrator permission pop-up appears Now I am avoiding these actions to prevent system freeze and having those vertical lines I am really hoping that somebody can help me here Thanks a lot nbsp

A:Vertical Lines on Laptop Screen - Different Case

Check you on memory or run toshiba diagnostics tool... I think is when you go to recovery mode ... there has a option for hardware testing

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vertical-lines-on-laptop-screen-different-case.1038835/
Relevancy 95.03%

Hi people

New to this but my recently bought monitor keeps swithing off and shows green and yellow vertical lines
Not sure if it is my computer or monitor.....computer quitye slow;

Thanks in advance

A:green and yellow vertical lines on screen

You'll need to test the monitor on another computer/laptop. If you don't have a second computer in the house, maybe try a neighbor or friend. If the problem follows the monitor make sure the cable is not faulty or exhibits the problem when flexed/bent near the ends or connectors. If that's not it than you simply need a new monitor. How old and what brand is your current monitor?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/green-and-yellow-vertical-lines-on-screen.1094545/
Relevancy 95.03%

I am having a problem with an Inspiron i was given this laptop with a complaint about lines on the screen and then no screen at all So I immediately hooked it up to an external monitor and booted windows sure enough the lines and what is almost like static were there on the external monitor They seemed to flicker as the cable was wiggled so I thought there might be something loose going on with the video card connection Took the laptop home took it apart down to and including the video card cleaned out all the dirt and dust then put it all back together again Booted windows and everything was fine Excited I had fixed it I called the guy up windows lines and during on BIOS Vertical screen explained that I had fixed it and asked if there was anything else he wanted me to do with it and he did want me to clean it up so the next day laptop left on overnight i went to the laptop to work on it and to my surprise the lines were back rebooted and there was no video at all rebooted again and the video was back but Vertical lines on screen during windows and BIOS with lines and only filling up like half of the laptop lcd Nothing is loose but the lines seem to flicker just from tapping on the laptop palmrest the problem sounds similar to this post http www techspot com vb all wind what-happens-when-a-video-card-overheats html but there was no solution other than to replace the video card nor was anyone able to verify that the root of the problem Vertical lines on screen during windows and BIOS is overheating of the video card is anyone familiar with such an issue is it in-fact due to overheating nbsp Vertical lines on screen during windows and BIOS

A:Vertical lines on screen during windows and BIOS

Not familiar with this situation per say, but you've done what you could, and yes, I'd replace that video card, if even possible.

Laptops having heat issues, not a new phenomenon, have to blame that models engineers for that, so the fans in that laptop are in tip top shape still?

Nature of the beast 8(

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vertical-lines-on-screen-during-windows-and-bios.107992/
Relevancy 95.03%

A few months ago a thin green vertical line started showing up in my screen from top to bottom whenever I would move the screen a certain way When I d stop moving the screen the line would go away Eventually this turned into lines with about a millimeter in between lines red down screen laptop and my Green vertical Then red line started popping up Now I m at from right to left green lines a red line and another green line all really close to each other about of the way away from the right side of the screen This would be ok if they only showed up when I moved the screen and then went away But now it takes a lot of gentle moving and nudging in order to go away Green and red vertical lines down my laptop screen And sometimes the laptop is just sitting by itself and it pops up out of nowhere It s being a real pain to take out now getting more and more stubborn each day Soon I m sure it s just going to stay there and it will be impossible to get rid of I called into HP and they told me to send the laptop in I would but I just started my second semester at college and I really do need my laptop So I said I d send it in in the summer and they said fine The problem is the more I wait the worse it becomes So anybody have any idea of how I can get rid of it By the way the lines show up even when I m just booting up my PC They don t show up in an external monitor So I m pretty positive that there s something loose inside especially since moving it around temporarily fixes it So any help is appreciated I m willing to open my computer if somebody can tell me how what to do and what to look out for Thanks Forgot to mention it s an HP Pavilion dv and I m using Vista Home Premium -bit Thanks again nbsp

A:Green and red vertical lines down my laptop screen

Sounds like your screen is going :S
Best idea is to go to a local computer repair shop and see if they might be able to fix it. Although you could take the laptop casing apart and check all the connectors are properly plugged in... Also, if the laptop has been dropping or knock could have cause some damage to the screen or graphics card (rare, but does happen )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/green-and-red-vertical-lines-down-my-laptop-screen.789747/
Relevancy 95.03%

i'm considering purchasing HP envy x360 15t, my only problem is that i've read many posts complaining about vertical lines that appear on the screen of the laptop.It seems like a  common problem on this model and i'm wondering if this problem is still exsited in the models that are sold in the HP online store-and if so, does it have any solution?thank you!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/vertical-lines-on-Envy-x360-s-screen/td-p/5800289
Relevancy 95.03%

I use Windows 7 Home Premium SP1.

I started using a new 17" 4:3 monitor. Afterwards, two white vertical lines (borders ?) appear on the two sides of the black content area of a few program windows when maximized.

For instance (IrfanView, whole screen): http://drkh.myweb.hinet.net/white_bo...ng_monitor.jpg

Is that normal?

The old monitor was also 17" and 4:3, but there were not those two lines.

Even if it's normal, I'd rather not see them. Can they be hidden?

I have tried "Personalize > Windows Color > Advanced appearance settings > select Border Padding from under Item > change size from 5 to 0". But that seems irrelevant.

A:Two white vertical lines on screen unseen before

It looks like the edges of the IrfanView window to me (i.e. I see them when I run IrfanView).

As far as I'm aware you can only get rid of them by going to "Full screen" view.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/365718-two-white-vertical-lines-screen-unseen-before.html
Relevancy 95.03%

I have a dell inspiron 15r-5537 laptop and it has developed vertical lines of pixels on the center-left of the screen. The color of the pixels seems to depend on the color being displayed behind them. see the link below for more info on what the lines look like. https://imgur.com/a/HREN8
anyway, i have reinstalled the video drivers so i do not think that is the problem, but they also do not seem to be dead pixels because they change colors sometimes. If anyone could help me fix this problem it would be great. thanks.

A:Inspiron 15R-5537 vertical lines on screen

Hi Mykalsson,
There seems to be problem with the LCD screen on your computer to confirm we will have to perform the ‘LCD BIST’ (Built in Self-test) on the computer. Please follow the steps mentioned below to run the “LCD BIST’.

Turn of the computer.
Press and hold down the ‘D’ key on the keyboard and press the Power button.
You will see different colors on the LCD screen. Please check if the vertical or horizontal lines are appearing on the screen.

If you see the lines appearing on the screen while the LCD bist is running you will have to replace the LCD.
Also, connect the laptop to an external monitor or display to check if issue reoccurs.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19588238
Relevancy 95.03%

I was listening to music through my headphones last night, and just before I switched off, I began seeing cyan lines and some red speckles around some of my desktop icons. The sounds is still fine and I can still use my laptop, although trying to write this through a sea of bright blue is a little distracting.

I use a Toshiba Satellite C660, on Windows 7. It's a AMD Athlon Dual Core, using 64 bit. Currently on Screen resolution, 1366 x 768.

I did a quick search on the net, and some people said it was a graphics card problems, others said it was a screen problem.

A:Cyan & red speckly vertical lines across my screen?

Hi there .. It well could be your GPU if you have a Monitor try using that .. If you get the same result its more than likely to be your GPU ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/320936-cyan-red-speckly-vertical-lines-across-my-screen.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Hello How are you today I have a computer running Win k Server SP It randomly crashes basically vertical coloured lines screen vertical with Crashing-Pretty lines appear or sometimes black and white vertical bars and full the screen When I hit reset or switch off on the computer sometimes the bars reappear or sometimes the system boots Sometimes if I switch it back on immediately a few coloured squares Crashing-Pretty screen with vertical lines appear on the POST screen If I leave the computer for an hour it boots back up ok I have tried virus scanning but haven t picked up anything and the last time I tried scanning for disk errors a crash occured This also occurs in Safe Mode And the crashing is random doesn t matter if I am on the net running a program or doing nothing Someone told me it might be the battery on the board is going but I swapped in a new battery and the same thing is happening Any suggestions nbsp

A:Crashing-Pretty screen with vertical lines

Welcome to TSG, Blinton

I would suggest that you try re-installing your Graphics card driver,

and although not related, update to SP4 from Windows Update

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crashing-pretty-screen-with-vertical-lines.214024/
Relevancy 93.74%

Hello, A few days ago, a vertical line suddenly appeared on screen which grew into a thick band. Also my screen jams while opening. So, is there I can do to trouble-shoot or should I call to a service center for home repairs?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Display Issues: Jamming screen and vertical lines

Call the Service Center...neither of those is a self-help type item. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Display-Issues-Jamming-screen-and-vertical-lines/td-p/5726430
Relevancy 93.74%

My screen freezes when my laptop display goes into sleep mode. What is odd is that there are colored vertical lines that appear when this happens. I can not Ctrl ALt Del out, and can only do a hard reboot. I have never seen anything like this and thought that it could be a problem with my screen itself, but I would think that would happen at random times and not just when the screen sleeps. any help would be appreciated, Thank you....

Hp Pavilion Entertainment Laptop
Windows 7 OS
AMD Turion X-2 Ultra Dual Core Mobile ZM-80 210 GHz
ATI Radeon HD 3200
Hitachi Travelstar 2.5" 500 GB

A:Screen Freezes With Vertical Lines When Display Sleeps

Welcome!

Have you tried updating your graphics drivers? Try this driver: https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206...win7_64_dd.exe

Link found here: Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/66223-screen-freezes-vertical-lines-when-display-sleeps.html
Relevancy 93.74%

I put in a new hard drive in my laptop and now every time it starts up the whole top right quarter of my screen has different colored vertical lines. I put the old hard drive back and still have the same problem. I checked the cable connection to the motherboard and it is fine. Is it possible that I somehow damaged the flex cable that goes to the LCD or could it be something else?

Is there a generic flex cable to the display that I could buy somewhere?

A:Vertical Lines On Laptop Screen: Is Cable Damaged

Hi sparkplug

It could be a loose connection on either end of the cable or a connection to the lcd screen itself being loose. Does your laptop have a connection for an external monitor? If so hook one up and see if it has a problem. Also try opening and closing the screen section and watch to see if there is any change i the display. Laptops usually have no generic parts and you will need to contact the manufaturer for any replacements. Posting the make and model of your laptop can help others here give you better advice.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vertical-lines-on-laptop-screen-is-cable-damaged.191321/
Relevancy 93.74%

A couple of months ago vertical lines have appeared on left of laptop screen nbsp Then the last couple of weeks all of a sudden the entire screen turns into a grey color with vertical lines nbsp Happened three times already and don't know what to do nbsp Not too computer saavy I'm a senior and will bring it in for repair but I don t want to laptop Pavillion Vertical Screen HP lines Grey dv4 get cheated and want to be at least knowledgeable on what it might be nbsp Read something about an Vertical lines Grey Screen HP Pavillion laptop dv4 inverter don't know what this means nbsp When this happens I obviously turn off the pc wait Vertical lines Grey Screen HP Pavillion laptop dv4 a couple of minutes and turn it back on nbsp Just do not know what is causing this nbsp Perhaps I need to change the screen is this costly nbsp Also I'm on a wireless network and the pages sometimes have a delay in loading or it says it's not connected nbsp Have called my provider and they do not know what the problem is nbsp Fox six mos their service worked fine all of a sudden it doesn't and of course they blame my pc nbsp Would anyone know why this would happen intermittently nbsp Thanks in advance Appreciate all of your help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Vertical-lines-Grey-Screen-HP-Pavillion-laptop-dv4/td-p/5679166
Relevancy 93.74%

I installed Vista bit about a week ago Everything was running on Vertical - problem nVidia and Lines Screen Vista ok until I Vertical Lines on Screen - Vista and nVidia problem started getting the quot Display driver has stopped responding and is now recovering quot error with the vertical lines up and down the screen artifacts Computer would usually freeze and then restart ok I tried updating the drivers Vertical Lines on Screen - Vista and nVidia problem but only by pressing quot update drivers quot in device manager not actually downloading the drivers from the nVidia website Now my computer won t start without the vertical lines and I can only boot into safe mode when I try to start into regular mode it lands on a black screen The vertical lines start at the POST screen and continue on The fan on the graphics card is still running I tried installing the drivers specifically for vista from the nVidia website I can complete the first half of the installation until you need to restart but the second part won t complete after the restart windows recognizing that there are two sets of drivers etc Troubleshooting that I have tried -reinstalling vista - didn t work and now I can no longer boot into safe mode because the install didn t complete -reset the BIOS Thanks so much Sorry if this is a bit long ETA I m using an nVidia GeForce GT MB AGP x x nbsp

Relevancy 93.74%

I've been using Dell inspiring N5010 for almost 5 years.
From last week I'm experiencing this vertical and horizontal lines across my LCD.
Usually , laptops boots up normally and works well. After some time, it start showing these lines. If, by chance it recovers from it, it shows a windows message that "Display drivers stopped working, but it has now recovered".
If it doesn't recover it shows a blue screen with error and I have to forcefully shut it down using power button
It happens randomly.
I've tried D+power button...the screens looks ok.
I've tried fn+power button ....it doesn't show any lcd related error. But later while tests were still running, the screen starts showing those lines.
I'm not sure, but it seems to me the cable  issue between  LCD and motherboard.
Can anyone help me in finding the exact issue?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987268
Relevancy 93.74%

Hello hello, so my problem is the following i got a BSOD after installing NFS Rivals and MotionJoy drivers. Today i had a Red Screen thtat crashed my pc with vertical lines. The strange thing is that i changed my corrupted HDD to a new WD Black and fresh installed wIN7. Please help me!

A:BSOD after MotionJoy Installation and Red Screen with vertical lines!

The zip you uploaded does not contain any crash dump. (The BSOD you got was stop 0x10D, usually caused by a failing device driver).

Follow it: Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD
Go to Option Two, Point 2. Download the .reg file and merge it in registry by double clicking it.

Now wait for another BSOD. When it occurred, search the .dmp files manually in the default path: C:\Windows\Minidump or %SystemRoot%\Minidump. See if the crash dump is recorded or not (hopefully it will be recorded).Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

Dont run any disc cleanup utility before you upload another dump.

BTW, have a lool, this particular version of Virtual Xinput is problematic.

Code:
MotioninJoyX MotioninJoy Virtual Xi Kernel 25/3/2012 05:23:07
Uninstall it, and get teh earlier version from Playstation 3 controller(Dualshcok 3 or Sixaxis) driver for windows | MotioninJoy.

Let us know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/316082-bsod-after-motionjoy-installation-red-screen-vertical-lines.html
Relevancy 93.74%

My mom has a Compaq laptop. It has Windows 7. Yesterday, the screen randomly turned a blue-ish green color. The Google Chrome new tab page is where she first noticed. It's pretty much wherever there should be white, there's that funny color. When I restart it, the white Compaq "Q" logo is green instead of white. The "Starting Windows" text is green and the light inside of the Windows logo is green also. Could this be a screen error or a graphics card error?

A:Greenish blueish colored screen with vertical lines

This sounds like either a connection issue or something wrong with the monitor. Inside the laptop the monitor has several connections that could cause issues like this. Try to tap the back of the monitor very lightly in attempt to "bump" it back into position.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/267036-greenish-blueish-colored-screen-vertical-lines.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Ok guysMy  problem is, I brought a brand new laptop, and whenever I close the lid and open it, by pressing the power  button the screen is a grey flickering mess with vertical and horizontal linesI can move the mouse pointer which is not exactly a pointer but rather a glitchy cube Please helpThank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Screen-flickers-with-grey-horizontal-and-vertical-lines-when/td-p/5702696
Relevancy 93.74%

Hello , I am getting vertiacal horizontal lines on my screen whn i keep the refresh rate of my disply to 60 hzcolors get distorded and get patches on the screen with rainbow colorsafter doing a disgnostics test for video->pallete  with the diagnostics tool i found the following failure ID : 64MBMH-6GK893-QFPK1K-Q2BMO3 CAN the experts tell me what is the problem with my screen ?i have attached the screenshots of the screen prbblem when refresh rate is 60 as well as when refresh rate is 40please help..!!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/screen-display-vertical-and-horizontal-lines-problem-with/td-p/5808540
Relevancy 93.74%

I have an old - yrs old no-name PC running Windows Xp upgraded from Recently I had to erase and reload everything on my computer - including XP - so now I only have some basic programs from established vendors MSFT office Norton Adobe and SBC yahoo DSL Since I did all of freezes screen crashes with Computer vertical - lines this now while I am on the internet my computer will all of a sudden freeze and the screen will become Computer crashes - screen freezes with vertical lines one color not the typical blue screen but usually the background color of the page I was just viewing with some vertical lines At this point nothing works so I have to reboot the computer I am able to go online and use the internet Computer crashes - screen freezes with vertical lines but eventually - usually within a half hour of use the computer freezes I haven t been able to detect any pattern to the crashes - sometimes it happens when I m clicking on a new page and sometimes I m not doing anything when it happens I don t know if it is a windows or monitor graphics problem but I never had the problem before I reloaded everything Any thoughts would be helpful Thanks Marc nbsp

A:Computer crashes - screen freezes with vertical lines

My first thought is the video card. Did you install the latest drivers and check to make sure that it's seated inside the machine securely?

Check out Device Manager. Any yellow "!"? Does it display the correct video card under Display Adapters?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-crashes-screen-freezes-with-vertical-lines.385264/
Relevancy 93.74%

I was on the yahoo home screen and clicked my Netflix tab. The screen then went black. After that it will not get past the screen that says Microsoft and has the green loading bar across the bottom. Now the screen has vertical red lines and the. Computer will not restart.

A:Crash, now won't get past startup screen with red vertical lines

Can you get into safe mode?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/297824-crash-now-wont-get-past-startup-screen-red-vertical-lines.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi guys Firstly I would like to apologise incase I am repeating what other people have discussed in the past but please have a quick read and post your thoughts on my situation Any replies would be greatly appreciated I have a Sony Vaio VGN-AR E and it s about year old About a week ago I turned on the laptop to find that the LCD display was distorted On the Windows startup pages it looks like there are tiny coloured and blurred dots across the whole screen Then once I log on and the desktop loads up there are several vertical lines covering the whole display they appear green On Firefox Internet Explorer google for example there are multiple pink lines It seems these lines show up most on a white background just like the Google background I connected an (vertical Damaged lines) Vaio Screen LCD Sony external Samsung quot LCD to the laptop via a VGA cable and on this external Damaged Sony Vaio LCD Screen (vertical lines) monitor the display was fine just how it should be Using duelscreens the display on laptop was still distorted with lines whereas on the external monitor it was fine Next I replaced the laptop s LCD the motherboard to LCD cable and the inverter However I still have the same problem with the distortion and vertical lines Im now completely out of ideas and baffled to what could be the problem Any help or advice is much appreciated guys Thanks for reading nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/damaged-sony-vaio-lcd-screen-vertical-lines.876855/
Relevancy 92.88%

I'm back again; this time with an issue on my desktop. I always set the monitor to power off after sitting idle for a few hours. This morning when I tried to use it; the monitor flashed white then went to a black screen with progressively brighter vertical colored lines in different groups across the screen. We powered it off; disconnected the monitor connector and reconnected - still get a white screen on start up then the black screen with color lines that grow brighter and brighter as time goes on. I have onboard video with this machine - praying its not that. I've read other posts here about the lines; OR the white screen but not both. Any ideas friends?

Miss Joss at a loss

A:Solved: White Screen then Multicolor Vertical Lines on Dell LCD

Solved this myself - and am very glad it was what I thought rather than the onboard vid. Plugged in another monitor and worked just fine. So my monitor is toast - found a great one on sale today so I'm all set. Happy Holidays everyone ...

Joss no longer at a loss

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-white-screen-then-multicolor-vertical-lines-on-dell-lcd.884778/
Relevancy 92.88%

The screen for my white macbook has pastel colored vertical lines. I dropped it while it was on.

A:macbook screen showing pastel colored vertical lines

Is it under warranty?

Sounds like hardware failure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/macbook-screen-showing-pastel-colored-vertical-lines.1020309/
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi all I need a bit of help as I'm lines make grey Thin fuzzy screen laptop vertical slowly losing my mind over the following problem I run Xubuntu Linux Thin vertical grey lines make laptop screen fuzzy on a HP Elitebook p Some two weeks ago the entire left cm margin of my screen started to display black green yellow blue lines which seemed to move constantly Wiggling the screen and pressing here and there solve the problem temporarily but only temporarily Furthermore the next cm seem to be following suit I ordered a replacement screen from a company here in The Netherlands and got to work After replacing the screen and a fresh startup the screen displays a yellowish sheen plus that it seems like every second vertical line in the display is greyed out making the screen fuzzy and hard to focus on I thought something was wrong with the replacement screen and send it back requesting another The next screen had the same but with a reddish sheen The next new replacement the third by now had a blue-ish sheen All three replacements had the vertical line problem Placing my old defect screen back shows a good image that is all vertical lines work properly Another odd detail is that both in the second and third replacement screen there can be seen a collection of static pixels dark-red coloured in the lower left corner in the configuration of a capital C in mirror image Does anyone have the faintest idea what is going on here All help is greatly appreciated many thanks

A:Thin vertical grey lines make laptop screen fuzzy

sounds like you had a bad connection or ribbon cable between motherboard and screen is failing.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/thin-vertical-grey-lines-make-laptop-screen-fuzzy-4600859/
Relevancy 91.16%

I m screen Laptop lines has developed one-pixel-wide two, blue/green, vertical, trying to determine the likely cause of a Laptop screen has developed two, vertical, blue/green, one-pixel-wide lines minor for now laptop display problem that has recently started on my Compaq Presario M notebook running Win XP SP A few Laptop screen has developed two, vertical, blue/green, one-pixel-wide lines weeks ago a single vertical extending the entire height of visible screen blue-green one-pixel-wide line appeared on my year old out of warranty laptop It is about inches from the left edge of the screen Doing a print screen screenshot does NOT capture the line in the image It went away once Laptop screen has developed two, vertical, blue/green, one-pixel-wide lines briefly but has been there at all times since and seems like it is now a permanent fixture across my screen Do you think the cause of the problem is the LCD screen beginning to fail Or is there a way to troubleshoot my graphics drivers cards to see if they are the culprit A second line about inch away has now appeared Is this growing problem an indication that my display will completely die soon or is this problem not a precursor to anything more serious and I should not be concerned if I can liv with the tiny lines Thanks for any advice you have on this nbsp

A:Laptop screen has developed two, vertical, blue/green, one-pixel-wide lines

The fact that a printscreen did not capture the line would indicate to me that it's a hardware problem.
Is the graphics card driver up to date?
I am guessing here, but could the battery on this machine be failing?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-has-developed-two-vertical-blue-green-one-pixel-wide-lines.719173/
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi,
I have a Dell Latitude E6400 on which the LED Screen Display / Video shows steady vertical lines in the right half of the display (partial display on the left side is good, see picture). I have already tested the external VGA port - it displays correctly on an external LCD monitor. The vertical lines are constant and of the same brightness, regardless of the position of the laptop lid. Could this be a problem with the inverter or the LCD display ribbon cable? Or something else? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

P. S. Please note that the golden glow on the top left side of the screen is just a reflection of an ambient light.

A:Dell Latitude E6400 LCD / LED Video Screen Has Partial Display Vertical Lines

It's not the inverter (assuming the display has one);  that simply controls the backlight.  It may or may not be the cable - likely it is not.  It looks like a damaged display panel.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19992792
Relevancy 91.16%

Hey guys thanks in Vertical / Horizontal / lines = Green Screen Blank BSOD Blue Bootup. advance for any help or advice I'm currently compiling my zip I don't know what the cause of the problem is but I have some ideas I will start by explaining the problem and how it arose Playing Minecraft I mined some dirt and horizontal blue lines squigglies appeared on my screen Moments computer went to BSOD but then rebooted normally Tried again and the same problem occurred I've played Minecraft before but it could have something to do with the new update I recently installed windows recommended updates the problem had not occurred before this I also recently installed Daemon Tools Lite I don't think it's a software conflict I got the blue lines but my computer did not shut its self off After a few moments I manually powered down After waiting I attempted to reboot The screen turned on but displayed only black I took out my battery rams hd and unplugged for a while After replacing it booted up and the screen worked Prompted to initialize windows repair prior to bootup Blue Horizontal / Green Vertical lines = BSOD / Blank Screen Bootup. I accepted Not long into the diagnostic vertical green brown lines appear Computer did not crash Diagnosis found no problem Started it up ran some freeware diagnostic tool and it crashed halfway through Boot up black screen Took out hd let it cool down replaced pc boots up -- I read that it could be a power supply problem causing this Is it possible To me it doesn't make much sense but the DC adapter did Blue Horizontal / Green Vertical lines = BSOD / Blank Screen Bootup. fail to work a coupe of days ago After a friendly tap it worked fine Could it be the windows updates A virus on my computer I initially thought Blue Horizontal / Green Vertical lines = BSOD / Blank Screen Bootup. it was my graphics card overheating but after while running the zip compiler SpeedFan clocked my temperatures at for my cores GUP and i'm at for my hd Don't think it can be that This is where you guys come in Would it be power supply I gave my adapter another smack and now pc seems to work fine A virus Lack of airflow short out in my laptop I had to take it apart to clean it fan stopped working It's worked fine for months since I took it apart though -- Running HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC Windows Vista Home Edition x bit OEM Intel Core Duo CUP T GHz Ghz GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce M GS -- I'd be happy just knowing what the problem is Thanks again dudes dudettes

A:Blue Horizontal / Green Vertical lines = BSOD / Blank Screen Bootup.

A registry scan indicates many errors. Fixing these help or cause more problems? I've never done it before.
Running sfc scans now [picked up nothing, ran 2x], then will update graphics card. Will post results.

Sorry if this thread was jumping the gun on an easy solution... but when it didn't want to start up the first few times, I became quite concerned.

After uninstalling my my nvidia drivers, before re-installing, the blue lines popped up again after the required reboot. This time they didn't cause the computer to crash, so I shut it down. I'm going to wait a while, as this seemed to be a temporary fix for the problem last time, and then install the new driver.

After waiting a boot resulted in the all-too familiar Black Screen (no splash, dos writing, or mouse pointer. But light is emitting from screen). I'm going to shut it down, and leave it off for a few hours (give it proper time to cool off).

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/293727-blue-horizontal-green-vertical-lines-bsod-blank-screen-bootup.html
Relevancy 86%

Recently i  have faced a problem that a black thin line in my laptop screen and seems it is geting longer.how can i get rid of this black line problem.what should i do??what is the solution of this problem??pls help me.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/a-black-vertical-line-inlaptop-screen/td-p/5612116
Relevancy 86%

yesterday when my l d did not work black screen vertical line freeze for the first time i posted in the l d forums Vertical line freeze whole system crashes - Steam Users' Forums but the problem is different now It used to be that whenever i played the game for - minutes it froze and i would do a hard reset Then i updated my drivers to Today's released catalyst it still wouldnt work so i forgot about teh game and i was watching freeze! screen/vertical line Black a youtube video but it seems that the problem has branched out of the game and into the os In the middle of the youtube video the freeze happens I restarted Black screen/vertical line freeze! and opened firefox but i forgot about my youtube tab so it froze again but this time it froze immediately when the page loaded now i Black screen/vertical line freeze! downgraded back to drivers and installed directx i tried dusting out the fan and doing many other things as stated in the other l d thread but it doesnt work help i'm out of warranty i have an HP laptop dv - ca with ATI Mobility Radeon HD Black screen/vertical line freeze! i read on the amd site that someone with the same problem updated his network drivers because it conflicted with his audio drivers and then it worked for him FOr me my network drivers are already updated and the thing is this problem happened randomly Before i had this freezing problem i did a presentation of an ISU and i put my laptop beside a projector which emiitted great heat when i was done the laptop was very hot screen fan hole area could this be the cause that ruined my whole computer should i try a restore point to am when i presented it was pm from the until now ive tried various fixes which made things worse

A:Black screen/vertical line freeze!

Well, yes, heat kills hardware. However, if that projector had been so hot, your laptop would have at least restarted, if not turned off, in order to save itself from potential damage from the heat.
There are some programs for monitoring your laptop temperatures, you can use them to check if the problem occurs because of overheating (SpeedFan and Core Temp).

If the problem has something to do with your drivers and the restore point is before you have updated for example your Display Driver, then you could first try running in safe mode and see if the problem still occurs. If no, restore your system, it won't delete any files, it will only return your registry and drivers to earlier state.

That you are out of warranty shouldn't stop you from taking your laptop for diagnostics. You will have to have money of course, but at least they will fix the problem ; )

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/140576-black-screen-vertical-line-freeze.html
Relevancy 85.14%

My Yoga had a black line appearing on the screen and it was replaced by Lenovo. Now the same problem has appeared again. The line is thick and black appearing 3/4 into the width of the screen. Occassionally it is strippy white. On some occassions a little tap can make it go away (but not much anymore) and rarely after the laptop has been on for some time the line will dissapear. Any help would be appreciated. Is this likely the screen, the power unit or what?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-yoga-13-Black-vertical-line-on-screen/td-p/3336955
Relevancy 85.14%

Have a Gateway desktop here, and now this problem, which I've taped for you and posted on Youtube.
http://youtu.be/rsGBmIkfafc

A:Wavy black vertical line on display screen

nuthin? No one?
Can anyone recommend another tech forum?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wavy-black-vertical-line-on-display-screen.1010717/
Relevancy 83.85%

I keep getting these black lines on my screen when I open certain programs. I have no idea what is causing this. Has anyone seen this before or know what is causing this, thanks for you help in advance.

A:Black Lines Across Screen

to BC!Can't help you with your specific problem, but I do know that the folks who can are going to want to know all about your system. You might as well go ahead and post relevant details so that when they come by, they'll have something to work with. Also, have a look through the New User Orientation Center for more info on how to get the most out of the help offered here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/126458/black-lines-across-screen/
Relevancy 83.85%

I've had my 4870 Dark Knight 1gig Video card for roughly 8 -9 months now. Been working flawlessly, running everything at highest settings.

However, my computer is crashing and displaying a black screen with either, red, green or white lines across the screen. Also the D601 LED on the Video card is now on.

D601 - Red LED On, shows critical Core power fault

This error can occur randomly. Every 5 minutes or even once a week. Also a reformat does not help.

I've run multiple stress tests on the card and it never errors out. Also i've swapped every other part in my computer with spare parts. (CPU, RAM, Monitor) I'm at an crossroad here. Is my video card dying/faulty. Or is the power supply dying?

Power Supply --- Antec 550 Watt

Operating System --- Windows 7 64bit

Video Card --- Radeon 4870 Dark Knight
Any thought/comments are greatly appreciated!

A:Black Screen with Lines

Could be the video card ot your PC powerSupply.

When does your PC crash when playing a game?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-with-lines.924296/
Relevancy 83.85%

I purchased my Aspire E 15 in December 2015.  It has been in the shop once already (Best Buy) who were unable to diagnose the problem, and I've been unable to use it since April due to the screen being mostly black with gray or blue lines.  Any ideas why this is happening and how I can fix it?  Or does it need to be sent back to manufacturer?

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Black-Screen-with-lines/td-p/448213
Relevancy 82.99%

I was playing a game when suddenly my screen turned black. I restarted my computer and while my computer was turning on, the screen was black with 2 red lines going down. I tried to go to the normal mode but nothing worked and the screen was black. I tried pressing CTRL ALT DEL but nothing came up then I restarted my computer and went on safe mode and ram the malwarebyte scan and nothing got detected, I then went on restore but it did not work as it said that it was blocked maybe from the safe mode. I have tried everything but nothing worked, any options or solutions? Help!!! 

A:Help with black screen and red lines on windows 7

Do you have a GPU installed or are you using integrated CPU graphics? If you have a GPU installed and your CPU has integrated graphics, try removing the GPU and see if you get the same results.If you post the specs for your PC we can look into it more.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,157323.0.html
Relevancy 82.99%

hey i tried to install my video card. I followed the instructions in the manual and used the wizard on the CD. However when I have to reboot the computer, the screen goes black and stays black displaying some random white vertical lines. This happens either right in the middle of setup or during the startup. how do i install it correctly? It's a Radeon 9200 btw

Relevancy 82.99%

I have a laptop with a touchscreen and almost a year after buying it I would get black places with vertical white stripes on the screen Sometimes they took up the whole screen sometimes they were only an inch thick They always seemed to be changing in size quickly and were always the full length of the screen A computer mechanic said it was a short in the screen It happened especially when I tilted the screen I sent it in under warranty and they replaced the LCD and updated the BIOS Less than a week later it is starting to do it again just a little but it seems and lines black screen on White like it will get worse I do a lot of MS office for school and my sister plays the Sims and free tv sites but she doesn t download anything Please let me know if you need White and black lines on screen anymore information and provide specific steps on how to get it because I haven t gotten this lingo down yet Thanks Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - U CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free White and black lines on screen - MB Motherboard Acer MA HW Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled nbsp

A:White and black lines on screen

I sent it in under warranty and they replaced the LCD and updated the BIOS. Less than a week later it is starting to do it againClick to expand...

Send it in again; clearly they did not fix the problem if it is starting to occur again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/white-and-black-lines-on-screen.1148906/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hey I need immediate help!

It's my sis' previously-formatted HP Pavilion dv5201tx! The problem is as the title above. I can go into safe mode. I've used system restore twice. And in Documents and Settings folder I noticed it has:

Administrator
Administrator.computer description name
Administrator.computer description name.000
username1
username2

Is it creating more user folders? At some point Administrator.computer description name.000 wasn't there. Corrupted registry hive? I'm not sure! Restarted many times, used Last known good configuration, and it's still black after the boot screen. Please help quick, she uses it a lot. Thank anybody so much..

Relevancy 82.99%

I have a Dell XPS I GB Ram Intel Core vertical picture or lines Poor black quality Issues, Video Duo running Vista Home Premium It has a dedicated Dell NVidia GeForce GT video graphics card installed In the last couple of days my video display has become very poor The screen either has a real fuzzy Video Issues, Poor picture quality or black vertical lines look or it will be clear but has black vertical bars on the screen The system will lock up sometimes requiring a hard reboot And my NVidia Control Panel will not open In my Problems Reports and Solutions screen I have the following recent errors listed Host Process for Windows Services Stopped working NService Application Stopped working NVidia Control Panel Application Stopped working NVidia Control Panel Application Stopped working NVidia Performance Video Issues, Poor picture quality or black vertical lines Service Stopped working PSIService PSIService Stopped working Windows Explorer Stopped responding and was Video Issues, Poor picture quality or black vertical lines closed I have tried updating my video drivers removed and reconnected my video card to ensure proper seating but I m still unable to open my NVidia control panel I have also tried using the second port on my video card to see if that would solve the issue to no avail Is there a way to test if this is my video card that just needs replaced or if it is something entirely different Any assistance would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Video Issues, Poor picture quality or black vertical lines

Did you try installing a new and updated driver version from NVIDIA?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-issues-poor-picture-quality-or-black-vertical-lines.1066123/
Relevancy 82.13%

Check out attached any one ever have this happen the all all black not white as in the snip and the blink of and on and i can mouse a square around then and make then go away but they come back.

A:Black double curser lines on screen

Try another monitor...then try turning off every thing on the same electrical circuit....

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/170859-black-double-curser-lines-screen.html
Relevancy 82.13%

ok almost months ago my computer blinked came back on and said a display driver had crashed ans was succsesfully recovered well from then on out my screen was weird looking with lines text would dissapear and it was like this for a long time so the other day my screen blinked and when it came multi followed by lines black screen color back on my whole screen was multi colored and i could not see my desktop at all now i read that it was probably just black screen followed by multi color lines my video card going out so i uninstalled it thinking that would fix the problem and it did for about minutes and it did it again so i have no clue whats going on but i know i dont black screen followed by multi color lines want to hear windows registery error cause i have alot on my comp that i would have to have saved and i shiver at the thought of the price of that i mean i cannot see anything at all just alot of colors in small thin lines this is a home built comp but it was made by someone who has been makeing comps for years so he knows what he is doing but hes way to busy for me to just call up so any help would be amazing if this is in the wrong section sorry this is my st post

A:black screen followed by multi color lines

Boot in safe mode and see if the issue persists. If it does in safe mode, then it's most likely a hardware issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/170224-black-screen-followed-multi-color-lines.html
Relevancy 82.13%

hi guys,
i bought a second hand dell pc. I plugged it up to my old monitor and all i get when i on the pc is a black screen with green lines running across then a blank screen.
Pleae advise on what the problem could be?

A:Black screen with green lines on startup?

Bad video card...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-with-green-lines-on-startup.565033/
Relevancy 82.13%

OK so I got home one night and turned on my monitor and I had the blue screen of death. I shut down my PC and tried again the next day. When I started it back up I was getting the 3 beeps so I removed my ram and cleaned them and fixed that problem. Now when I start up my PC the resolution is all messed up, and there are these green lines running across the background. Also I notice a orange light on my mother board that I am not sure has always been there. I have pictures I will attach. If anybody has any ideas please let me know, I've read that this could have been something tied in with nvidia geforce installing a new driver. If not I'm pretty sure my video card is dying

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/625646/help-screen-is-black-with-green-lines-and-i-cant-fix-it-see-pics/
Relevancy 82.13%

Help I just turned on my computer this morning and when the screen came up it has a black line on both sides of the screen how do I get my full screen back?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/1-black-lines-on-both-sides-of-my-screen.1164687/
Relevancy 82.13%

The screen goes black for a few seconds when I m using the computer this happens a couple of times then it goes black screen and then BSOD with a message saying quot attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed This happened a couple of times now every time I reboot there are pink lines everywhere even in safe mode It used to be fine in safe mode Sometimes instead of pink lines it ll be a jumble of colours making words eligible in the quot safe mode option screen quot Moving the mouse around seems to affect the distribution of the colours and sometimes even wipes them away lines screen Black Pink + + BSOD Usually when there are a lot of colours I can t get past Black screen + BSOD + Pink lines the windows screen and I have to manually turn my computer off as it freezes I ve tried the startup repair option which doesn t work Last known good configuration System restore which also doesn t work due to an error however when I boot upit then gives me a message claiming it did work I ve tried cleaning the computer installing the newest drivers for my graphics card Nvidia Geforce gs I used to get a message quot Display driver has stopped responding and has successfully recovered quot something about a kernel If i can think of more I ll add it I think my CPU is an AMD Athlon x btw Oh yeah it happened the day I installed some programs I ve since unstialled both but the problem still persists They were pretty legit though I notice that when I print screen and view the image on my phone it appears normal Also I can t log on to windows normally anymore it freezes on the windows icon I have to boot into safe mode The black screen seems to have stopped coming but I m not doing anything that would use the graphics card intensely nbsp

A:Black screen + BSOD + Pink lines

what op.system

is it the same in safe mode

reinstall the video drivers

what are you running
video card brand and model
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
model
wattage

check the listings in the bios for 12v line voltages and cpu temperatures and post them

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-bsod-pink-lines.1110277/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hey Guys, I would like to share my problem hoping to find a useful advice.mainly i have 2 problems with my laptop first is the Flickering Horizontal Lines which appears suddenly on the screen and secondly my screen sometimes turn to black but all my work and programs is still running;  but i can?t see anything as the screen turned black completely.both problems can be solved by powering off and on again my laptop , but i want to know if i should go to complain about these as my laptop is still in warranty noting that the 2 mentioned issues appears suddenly so i cant proof that i have these problems. Hoping for assistance and support

A:y50-70 Flickering Horizontal Lines & Black Screen

Hi Amrradwan , 

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

Since the issue would be intermittent , next time that it would happen to best take a picture of the image and likewise try to connect it with an external monitor to check if the same issue would appear. 

I would stilll recommend that you call in this issue for documentation purpose and further reference in the future , You may consult tech support for an action plan for this event . 

Update us how things go.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/y50-70-Flickering-Horizontal-Lines-amp-Black-Screen/td-p/3308104
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi

I have just finished a pc build and everything went smoothly except for one thing: the display won't show the entire screen!

I have connected the computer to my full hd monitor via hdmi and Windows recognizes it as full hd, although the screen seems to be scaled down. There are black lines around the edge of the picture.

It like watching a movie filmed in 4:3 on a 16:9 tv although all the way around.

Is there any reason it could be doing this?

Thanks

A:AMD Radeon 6870 black lines around screen

I dont have the same issue but was told you have to use 10.10e for supported screen resolution unfortunatly the 10.11 doesnt support the full screen 1920/1080 or higher i hear the new driver will fix this issue 10.12 anyway go back to 10 10 and it will fix it

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/129641-amd-radeon-6870-black-lines-around-screen.html
Relevancy 81.7%

hi girls and boys

we have vertical lines appearing on our monitor during bootup blue vertical line on windows logo and windows will not boot up but it will in safe mode!

any ideas? spec below.....

gforcefx 6800 pci-e

pentium d 2.3ghz dual core 800

1gb ram

thanks

A:Vertical lines on boot!

Do the lines still appear in safe mode? It could be a monitor or graphics card problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vertical-lines-on-boot.61043/
Relevancy 81.27%

I have a microsoft laptop and my when turned on my laptop screen flickers and has black horizontal lines running down it and seems static like or pixelated, it usually stops when i sit my laptop a certain way but now it does it all the time

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Computer-screen-flickers-with-black-horizontal-lines-and/td-p/5730535
Relevancy 81.27%

I had just clicked into some video on youtube when the screen suddenly became filled with lines like this:
(This bar is now at the top of my desktop)

(This is my start menu)

I clicked around a few times and it eventually went away. However, my start menu and desktop still has these lines.

Does anyone know what they are and how I can get rid of them?

Relevancy 81.27%

whenever i hove my cursor over something , it turns black. like if i want to make a new folder on desktop,the word 'new' becomes patched with black. Same is the case in some other programs like adobe reader, that all the buttons like file,view,edit etc. are always patched black even if i don't hover over them. I am unable to read what is written beneath the black spot and it also looks creepy .Kindly help me

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438709-black-patches-appearing-written-lines-screen.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello guys not sure what is going on here. I think a virus but avg found nothing but changes in some dlls. as listed
Kernel32.dll
wsock32.dll
user32.dll
shell32.dll
and a file changed by avgs scan
ntoskrnl.exe
They come from the bottom left hand side of screen
3 black lines that go to a point. over all other apps and mouse in full screen and windows but if i move a window it will go away for a few or changes where it is on its y axis "up and down the screen only 3 only left side"
did virus scan came up with dlls changes
ran a hijack this
smaked it with a reg fixer
changes rez and dpi did nothing
reinstalled drivers nothing happend
reboot into safe mode and puff its gone
directx is my next stop!
can anyone help me please?

A:3 Black thick lines on left side of screen!

I read your post several times, and I can't figure out what the actual problem is. Are you experiencing a display problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/3-black-thick-lines-on-left-side-of-screen.728552/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hey everybody =)

I'm running a laptop with an ATI HD 5650, and I've recently purchased an LG G245H, 24" external monitor to use with it, all has been fine but today I've noticed that a fine black line will flash on the screen, sometimes in the same place, sometimes different, and its been very, very annoying. I also noticed that if I change to "Projector only' with the Windows-P shortcut the problem disappears, and event viewer is awash with errors from every few seconds from something ATI related. The log is attached, I've tried updating drivers, and also disabling DisplayFusion, but so far to no avail. My laptop primary display is completely unaffected by this also.

Hope this can be fixed!

strika11

Relevancy 80.84%

Hello and thx in advance for whatever help you can supply This isn't my pc but my friend's and naturally he called me So the system begins to start It brings up the XP splash vertical lines xp splash boot page the one with the knight rider KITT graphic thingy The Page has a bunch of vertical lines xp boot splash sets of four vertical lines on it The monitor will then stop and say it is going into standby mode as if there is no signal The system will boot fine in safe mode I've removed and reinserted the video card I tried hooking up a different monitor using a different monitor cable - vertical lines xp boot splash just in case I disabled the program Wincustomize that adjusted the logon screen I tried booting with the ethernet cable unplugged I made sure that the hdd was the first thing in the boot order in the bios the system nvidia geforce gt intel core gh not certain about the mb sorry I've included a screen shot for you sorry about the quality I used my acer netbook to take the pic So far nothing has worked I now turn to you my good vertical lines xp boot splash people thanks again

A:vertical lines xp boot splash

Try a different vid card.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/vertical-lines-xp-boot-splash-369463.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I have an old Penium 2 266 machine that had the hard drive go bad. Additionally one of the symptoms was when the system booted up all the displayed characters were jibberish. The bootup sequence display, though, looks fairly normal (readable) but does have brown vertical lines running down the screen. I have tried booting with a system disk and it seems to go through its drill but all the characters don't make sense (might look like this: "Aaare'dfgg"). I am rebuilding this box for a friend of my daughter who has no $ and an ancient computer (barely functioning). I get this result no matter what I do. I have reseated the vid card, ram, Battery, Cleared what looks to be the CMOS jumper all with no luck. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

A:Boot up jibberish and vertical lines

i would suggest it is the video card (or its memory)

second choice is the cpu (a small chance there)

a very small possibility of os corruption

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/boot-up-jibberish-and-vertical-lines.131747/