Windows Support Forum

Black Screen/Blank screen after screen replacement

Q: Black Screen/Blank screen after screen replacement

Hello Recently my laptop screen had to be replaced due to a cracked screen Original screen was a Samsung and the new screen is LG After this whenever I install Intel HD graphics windows boots up till the login screen and then goes black one bright flicker then Screen/Blank screen after Black screen replacement completely black again However when I boot into safe mode and replace Intel HD graphics driver with Standard VGA adapter everything works fine except for crappy graphics ofcourse I tried installing various old new latest versions of driver software upgrade downgrade BIOS install monitor inf file from lenovo website for this laptop model everything Odd thing running Dxdiag shows my current display to be x bit hz So I tried to change the display refresh rate in advanced settings gt Screen refresh rate no luck no other option except ' Use hardware defaults' So I went ahead an modified registry values as given here How to Modify the Video Refresh Frequency in the Registry Again no use After I reboot and go back and check its set to by default Tried clean installs installing on a completely Black Screen/Blank screen after screen replacement new HDD Windows Pro Windows Ultimate Windows everything Is it a screen problem Or some hardware ID kind of thing What should I do Please help Dxdiag information ------------------ System Information ------------------ Black Screen/Blank screen after screen replacement Time of this report Machine name UNKNOWN-PC Operating System Windows Professional -bit Build Service Pack win sp rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer LENOVO System Model AG BIOS Ver PARTTBLx Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Standard VGA Graphics Adapter Manufacturer Standard display types Chip type Intel R HD Graphics Core i DAC type Internal Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS A AA amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory n a Shared Memory n a Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name ThinkPad Display x Monitor Model Monitor Id Native Mode Output Type Driver Name igdumd dll igd umd dll igdumdx igd umd Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version unknown Driver Model unknown Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd n a WHQL Date Stamp n a Device Identifier D B E - - CF- B -EA CACC CB Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x A AA Revision ID x Driver Strong Name Unknown Rank Of Driver Unknown Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a D D Overlay n a DXVA-HD n a DDraw Status Not Available D D Status Not Available AGP Status Not Available

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Black Screen/Blank screen after screen replacement

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Black Screen/Blank screen after screen replacement

Not all laptop screens are the same. It is important to get a "replacement" screen, not a "compatible" one.

On the back of the laptop screen is a product sticker (you can only read this before you install the screen). On that sticker is the manufacturer and model #. You can use that number to find exact replacements.

How did you come to choose the LG screen?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/360164-black-screen-blank-screen-after-screen-replacement.html
Relevancy 109.22%

Hey everyone I did a bit of research and this seems to have been an issue for a while or has been in the past Was upgrading to windows I first had to restart my pc cause it was initially stuck on that preparing to install problem with the green bar being stuck around It then got through that and began the installation process with the big circle and rebooting process However around when I last looked at it it was just black screen this stayed this way for about - hours I then decided to reboot the pc and it has now booted to the login screen Is this a known (no screen just Black Screen to blank) but cursor of Doom Booted login bug or could there be a possible issue The problem seems a bit different Black Screen of Doom but Booted to login screen (no cursor just blank) as some people I saw have had to fall back on PC restore points etc So not sure if it installed or what could be the problem Also side note I upgraded my pc when windows first publically released but rolled back because I had about min shutdown times So not sure what is Black Screen of Doom but Booted to login screen (no cursor just blank) going on and any info would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Black Screen of Doom but Booted to login screen (no cursor just blank)

I never had a problem upgrading like you've experienced but I experiencing Windows 10 upgrading process is the longest time taken ever compared to previous versions. It took me 1 hour+ to finished.

Play around a little bit to get used to it then did a clean install. No problem arise, seems working fine.

The point is, problems always happen after upgrading, to solve it just perform installation from scratch (clean install).

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/37857-black-screen-doom-but-booted-login-screen-no-cursor-just-blank.html
Relevancy 109.22%

Hi all Starting Messages, on Black startup Error with Screen Blue Blank Screen yesterday my computer would go through startup while loading the desktop it would crash to blue screen with white text unfortunately I can t remember the exact error Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup message If restarted it Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup either goes to a blank black screen or back to blue and I could only get the computer to operate in safe mode with networking My antivirus software avast free malwarebytes scanned and found no infections I have Windows Samsung laptop Today I was Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup able to start the computer normally and am functioning with internet still acting a little funny but I am sure something is still not right I also did a system restore last night with the same problems crashing not starting up Any assistance would be highly appreciated Thanks in advance Brit PS I goofily started a similar topic in the quot Windows quot forum section without knowing this section was down here Sorry I tried to delete the topic post but couldn t Thanks

A:Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup

Hello,I will be helping you with your problems. Please be patient while I assist you.Some points for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of us Please do NOT run, install or uninstall any programs, unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability. Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post. Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process. Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.----------------------------------------------Please do the following:Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe on your desktop to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.Click on change parametersUnder Objects to scan, check the box next to Loaded modulesIf you are asked to reboot, then click Yes.NextCheck the boxes next to Loaded modules, Verify file digital signatures, Detect TDLFS file system, then click OK.Click the Start Scan button.Do not use the computer during the scanIf the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
Note: If Cure is not an option, Skip instead, do NOT choose Delete or Quarantine unless instructed.A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).Copy and paste the full contents of that file in your next reply.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automati... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467144/blue-screen-with-error-messages-blank-black-screen-on-startup/
Relevancy 108.79%

Really frustrated after buying Lenovo Y700 15ISK recently. All drivers updated even applied steps from this post but still randomly screen goes blank (Black screen) while the power is still on. Also observed that harddisk light blinking turns off too after this. Is it hardware related issue?Please help to resolve it.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y700-Error-Screen-goes-Blank-Black-Screen/td-p/3315813
Relevancy 108.79%

I m not sure if this is one virus or if my computer has somehow picked up several but it is pretty much completely screwed I can t access ANYTHING properly so i am posting this message from another computer This is what happens when I turn my computer on blank blue screen with program error message quot explorer exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows quot if i click quot ok quot the message goes away and i am left with a blank blue screen and i have to reboot the computer if i don t click ok windows starts to load up an error screen, explorer.exe white about:blank screen, black looks normal at first but then another error message pops up the same one and the screen turns black and says some junk like quot Warning You re in danger quot and then some junk about spyware then a few seconds later another error message pops up and the screen turns white and says quot Active Desktop Recovery Microsoft Windows has experienced and unexpected error quot It gives me an option to quot click here to restore quot but nothing happens when i do click it and then another error message pops up and explorer.exe error black screen, white screen, about:blank the screen goes black again then another message and it goes white and so on I can t really open any programs properly because another error message will pop up and shut down the start menu before i get a chance to open anything I managed to run ad-aware and it found some problems that i cleaned up then spybot found nothing then i explorer.exe error black screen, white screen, about:blank rebooted explorer.exe error black screen, white screen, about:blank and was having the same problem so i rebooted in safe mode and scanned for spyware again and found nothing I somehow managed to run hijackthis and print the log so now i guess i ll have to type it up i might do some abbreviations Running processes c WINNT system smss exe but system is with a capital S csrss exe winlogon exe services exe lsass exe svchost exe spoolsv exe svchost exe but system is with a capital S regsvc exe MSTask exe tcpsvcs exe but system is with a capital S zonelabs vsmon exe WBEM WinMgmt exe but system is with a capital S MsPMSPSv exe svchost exe internat exe wuauclt exe C Program Files Telstra Signup tbpt exe Telstra Cable Login bpcable exe Quicktime qttask exe Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe iTunes iTunesHelper exe Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe iPod bin iPodService exe Sony Corporation Image Transfer SonyTray exe C winnt msmsgnce exe nvsvws exe C WINNT explorer exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about NavigationFailure R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page about NavigationFailure R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about NavigationFailure R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page about NavigationFailure R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant about NavigationFailure R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant about NavigationFailure R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main HomeOldSP about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main HomeOldSP about blank okay this is killing me i am going to leave out stuff that i know is ok O - BHO no name - DEA E - ED- - - DC BEC F - C WINNT openwin dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO sr - F A- D - c - C-B CF A - C WINNT msmsgnc dll O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run Disc Detector C Program Files Creative ShareDLL CtNotify exe O - HKLM Run loader C WINNT loader exe O - HKLM RunOnce Srv spool service C WINNT System spoolsrv exe O - HKCU Run cmsound c winnt msmsgnce exe O - HKCU Run winltmpv c winnt nvsvwc exe O - HKCU RunOnce Srv spool service C WINNT System spoolsrv exe O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Cl... Read more

A:explorer.exe error black screen, white screen, about:blank

Yes, you've got a few malware entries in there (a CoolWebSearch hijack, and a couple of trojans), though it's not going to be easy to remedy without seeing the complete HJT log. Can you possibly copy the log to floppy and then post it from the other computer?

What's the Windows OS?
eg. Is it Windows 2000 sp4? Or is it WinXP Pro sp2?

What version of HijackThis is it? v1.99.1 is the latest version.
Is HijackThis.exe running from a permanent folder, and not from within a zip file in a Temp folder?
This is important. Make sure HijackThis.exe is installed in eg.
C:\Program Files\HijackThis
Re: your questions at the end of your post:
Don't worry about WINNT / winnt and System32 / system32
They are both exactly the same (whether smallcase or uppercase or a mixture).
svchost.exe is legitimate and is an integral part of Windows NT/2k/XP (Services Host).
It is normal to have multiple instances of it running.

http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract/cwshredder_download.html
http://cwshredder.net/bin/CWShredder.exe
AboutBuster
http://www.besttechie.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1488 (tutorial)
http://www.downloads.subratam.org/AboutBuster.zip

You will need to unzip AboutBuster.zip to a folder on the good pc,
then open AboutBuster.exe
click the Update button
download the updates
then copy the entire AboutBuster folder over to the infected pc.
Download the attached cleanup.zip file.
The zip contains a .bat and a .reg file.
Unzip them and copy the .bat and .reg file over to the infected pc.
Make a copy of them on the desktop and in My Documents.
You could also run them both directly from a floppy.
However, don't run either just yet.
I will tell you what they do and when to use them later in the instructions below.

Boot into Safe Mode

Close all windows.

Run HJT scan again

Place a checkmark next to the following entries only
and click "Fix checked":

R1- HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar= about:NavigationFailure

R1- HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page= about:NavigationFailure

R1- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar= about:NavigationFailure

R1- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page= about:NavigationFailure

R1- HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchAssistant= about:NavigationFailure

R0- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchAssistant= about:NavigationFailure

R1- HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP= about:blank

R1- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP= about:blank

O2- BHO: (no name) - {4DEA7E54-68ED-4281-9087-5DC1BEC976F0} - C:\WINNT\openwin.dll

O2- BHO: sr - {5742F79A-1D91-42c4-990C-B46CF55A6478} - C:\\WINNT\msmsgnc.dll

O4 - HKLM\...\Run: [loader32] C:\WINNT\loader.exe

O4 - HKLM\...\RunOnce: [Srv32 spool service] C:\WINNT\System32\spoolsrv32.exe

O4 - HKCU\...\Run:[cmsound] c:\winnt\msmsgnce.exe

O4 - HKCU\...\Run:[winltmpv] c:\winnt\nvsvwc.exe

O4 - HKCU\...\RunOnce: [Srv32 spool service] C:\WINNT\System32\spoolsrv32.exe

017- HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\ {FCFFAD89-8D48-49EC-BA2D-4703CF71009D}: NameServer= 69.50.184.84,195.225.176.37

017- HKLM\System\CS1\Services\VxD\MSTCP: NameServer= 69.50.184.84,195.225.176.37

017- HKLM\System\CS2\Services\VxD\MSTCP: NameServer= 69.50.184.84,195.225.176.37

017- HKLM\System\CCS\Services\VxD\MSTCP: NameServer= 69.50.184.84,195.225.176.37

O18- Filter: text/html- {D64FC72D-0FFE-467-A70E-E7C0C325733C} - C:\WINNT\openwin.dll

O18- Filter: text/plain- {D64FC72D-0FFE-467-A70E-E7C0C325733C} - C:\WINNT\openwin.dll

Close HJT

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explorer-exe-error-black-screen-white-screen-about-blank.338489/
Relevancy 101.48%

My laptop was working fine the other day... Came back to it the next morning and the screen wouldn't come on and it kept resetting every 30 seconds or so. Once I finally got it to boot and get to sign in page the screen was all scrambled. But, everything else worked I could log in but couldn't do anything...

Anyone got a solution?

A:blank screen and restarting laptop every few secs or scrambled screen at sign in screen

What do you mean scrambled?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/300612/blank-screen-and-restarting-laptop-every-few-secs-or-scrambled-screen-at-sign-in-screen/
Relevancy 98.47%

A few times now I have been in internet explorer and then the screen with go back and forth from black screen back to internet screen and back and forth between the 2 for a few minutes and then will hit me with a blue screen with a bunch of writing on it and then will restart. It seems to run fine after the computer restarts itself but this has happened a few times now!

A:Screen flips back and forth from black screen to normal then blue screen

Welcome,
Can you provide a few details [remember we can't see or touch your system] about the hardware and software?
Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538659/screen-flips-back-and-forth-from-black-screen-to-normal-then-blue-screen/
Relevancy 98.47%

Hey I need immediate help!

It's my sis' previously-formatted HP Pavilion dv5201tx! The problem is as the title above. I can go into safe mode. I've used system restore twice. And in Documents and Settings folder I noticed it has:

Administrator
Administrator.computer description name
Administrator.computer description name.000
username1
username2

Is it creating more user folders? At some point Administrator.computer description name.000 wasn't there. Corrupted registry hive? I'm not sure! Restarted many times, used Last known good configuration, and it's still black after the boot screen. Please help quick, she uses it a lot. Thank anybody so much..

Relevancy 96.32%

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit. So, these are my problems described in the title. I cannot change desktop from black, only can set a picture as a background.

When I am in pictures folder for example, I see blank or black thumbnails.
When I right click and go to personalize, I can see black themes instead of actual pictures.

I tried almost everything.
- reinstalling video driver
- clearing thumbnail from disk cleanup
- resetting dwm.exe
- going into safemode and then restaring into normal windows
- I tried fixing shell by using "fixshell"
- clearing & repairing registry errors
- ran an error checker
- ran a file checker

I have Microsoft Office 2010 - I heard that it could be the issue, but maybe I am not right, anyway...

I attached a print screen photo.

And, I am hopeless, any help please? Thanks

A:Windows 7 black screen, black or blank thumbnails, and black desktop themes

I noticed you're not running Aero. Click on last item, left side - "Troubleshoot problems with transparency...."

Office 2010 should not be a factor here. Public pics folder is empty - it should have sample pics in it.

Validate your OS installation - Genuine Microsoft Software

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-black-screen-black-or-blank-thumbnails-and-black-desktop-themes-553925.html
Relevancy 96.32%

HI I have just installed a new motherboard into a HP Pavillion 740.uk desktop PC as the Capacitors have 'popped' in the old motherboard. The model of the new board is an MSI KM4MV - http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=proddesc&prod_no=589&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=171&cat3_no=89 How ever after installing the new board the machine doesnt post. When turning on the fans spin, hard drive start to spin but nothing is displayed just a black screen. I have had the motherboard replaced but am still having the same problem. All the components are known good. Ive tried booting with just CPU RAM and VGA but still no joy. Could you give any advice??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-mobo-replacement-black-screen.792959/
Relevancy 95.46%

Hi
I recently broke the LCD screen on my acer aspire 5332. I have replaced it with a LED screen and a converter cable bought off eBay. The screen works fine for the first few seconds of booting but goes black after the windows initialising display. The usual startup sounds still happen and the computer appears to run normally, apart from the fact that the screen is black! (No backlight or graphics). It works fine when loaded in safe mode, and I have tried adjusting the display settings through safe mode but it doesn't seem to help when I reboot in normal mode. I assume it is a problem with a driver but I have no idea which driver to reinstall. I would really appreciate any help! Cheers

A:Laptop screen replacement: goes black on startup

Hello again Alexf.

All laptop display screens are LCD. The difference is in the backlight. Older models use CCFL (fluorescent), newer models use LED backlights.

When you replaced the display, was it an exact replacement (same type and model number)?
Also not sure what a "converter cable" is. Can you post a pic or link?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/325928-laptop-screen-replacement-goes-black-startup.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Hello Hopefully someone could help me out with this I Black card video screen following replacement ve been pulling my hair out on a daily basis troubleshooting this issue The other day I was cleaning my room listening to Pandora on my PC From what I could remember Pandora was the only application I had open at the time All of a sudden my computer flips out and the song that was playing started skipping rapidly and my computer screen went blank Since I couldnt see the screen I had to do a hard reboot I restarted my system and it came back up asking me to Black screen following video card replacement start normally or in safe mode I started normally thinking it wasnt as bad as it really is It came to the log in screen and I entered my credentials The system came up but only one of two monitors I have dual monitors set up one Dell Monitor and one LCD TV turned on Then about minutes later it did the same thing the screen went black and I was not able to do anything at Black screen following video card replacement that time I restarted my system again and this time I started in safe mode minutes later same thing I opened my computer to clean it out and noticed how dusty it was in there I aired out all the dust I looked at the fan on my video card and it looked really dusty like the fan was too dusty to even move I took the video card out and noticed that some of the cylinoides on it were popped like it got too hot So I figured that the video card was done I went out and purchased another one a GeForce GTS GB BIT DDR PCI Expressx I installed it and now I cant even get the system to boot up All the fans go on there is still an amber light coming from my motherboard like it always has But I get a black screen nothing comes up at all I dont even know if my motherboard recognizes the new card because my monitor wont even pick up a signal when I turn on the PC the light on the monitor stays amber like their is no communication to the video card I m thinking the PC doesnt recognize the new card because I havent installed the new drivers for it yet But since I cant see the screen I cant even install the drivers The worst thing is that I DO NOT have an on-board monitor hook up to my motherboard My motherboard is an MSI P N SLI Platinum I tried pulling the card out and putting the old one back in to see if maybe I could get one more life out of it just so I could go in long enough to install the new drivers But my PC did the same thing as when I put the new card in The weird thing is that the fan that is on the card turns on the new one and the old one but there is still no connectivity going to my monitor screen is still black I dont know what to do next anyone have any suggestions I would really appreciate it Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Black screen following video card replacement

Does the problem also exist in SAFE MODE?
We really need to know brand and model of computer, or configuration, and age of components to start making many suggestions.

I would want to remove every component possible, and be running some simple stuff... keeping very good notes of what attempts you have made.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-following-video-card-replacement.148440/
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi Over the past year since I upgraded the memory on my IBM R Thinkpad I have had intermittent problems with my screen blacking out It s not completely gone just extremely dim but I can make out the things on screen by using a torch At first I was able to trigger it back by leaving the lid open and never closing it taking all the usbs and plugs out of the back or re-starting it However it seems like nothing I do will trigger it on now I ve done a search and apparently the commonest cause is that the inverter needs replacing Would this seem like a sensible thing inverter IBM - black.. Thinkpad screen Backlight replacement? to buy http cgi ebay co uk IBM-Thinkpad- goryZ QQrdZ QQssPageNameZWD VQQcmdZViewItem The only thing I m thinking now is IBM Thinkpad - Backlight screen black.. inverter replacement? i ve had IBM Thinkpad - Backlight screen black.. inverter replacement? this laptop for years now I m not sure if it s worth fixing or upgrading anymore I mean I love it just cos it s lasted this long i ve upgraded the memory from mb to mb and i ve bought a wireless card for it but would it be worth trying to buy and fix myself a new inverter or just buy a new laptop Thanks nbsp

A:IBM Thinkpad - Backlight screen black.. inverter replacement?

Well the most common things would be the inverter board you linked to, or the backlight bulb itself.

If the laptop still suits your needs, in terms of performance than its much cheaper to just fix this one, than buy another laptop of similar quality.

The great think about IBM is the great support. Here is a link to the hardware manual for the R30 model.
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-39797.html
It should tell you how to get at the inverter and bulb.

Even if you do get a new laptop, its still worth it to fix this one up as a backup laptop. 20-30 pounds and a couple hours to fix it isn't that bad.

And i believe its called a flashlight not a torch. You could burn the house down with a torch

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ibm-thinkpad-backlight-screen-black-inverter-replacement.629180/
Relevancy 93.31%

Hello there I've got an old Compaq Armada E laptop which im meant to be upgrading for a friend Im usually quite good laptop screen 98 for xp Old black wiped windows replacement, running now. with computers so I went ahead and used Old laptop running windows 98 wiped for xp replacement, black screen now. my Hirens boot cd to wipe the hard drive clean with DBAN upon completing this i used the hirens cd again to format the harddrive to fat Now when i put my xp install cd in the drive and boot up I just get a blank black screen with a flashing white underscore in the top left corner I can't do anything How on earth am I meant to load xp on here when it isn't loading the cd I've accessed the bios using f and changed the boot order to CD it will load the hirens disc but when I insert the XP disc it will say something about a pxe - media error check cable and will proceed through to this blank screen any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Old laptop running windows 98 wiped for xp replacement, black screen now.

Hi,
That sounds as if the XP disk is not bootable.
You have verified by booting off of a different CD that the drive is working.

The PXE error is what you see when the network card is in the boot device list and none of the items in the list above it are bootable.
BTW Hirens is not allowed to be recommended here due to the inclusion of Microsoft files.

Good Luck
Roger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503542/old-laptop-running-windows-98-wiped-for-xp-replacement-black-screen-now/
Relevancy 93.31%

I'm getting the black screen with movable cursor or KSOD Black Screen Of Death on Windows (Black Vista Black Of Death) Screen screen or with cursor movable KSOD Vista Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista What happens The system powers on POST BIOS Start windows normally Windows splash screen - gt Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista Black screen lt - What I can do I CAN enter BIOS and have reset the default settings I CAN press F to give me advanced boot options but all options have the same result apart from quot Repair your computer quot I CAN load the quot Repair your computer quot option I CAN move the mouse around the screen I CAN press shift times to get a dialogue to appear but no control panel I CAN press the power button to shut down the system I CAN start up in safe Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista mode which is exactly the same but with lower resolution I CANNOT seem to do anything else However there are workarounds to accessing the hard drive I CAN use MSDaRT or the System Recovery Tool I CAN use the hard drive as an external USB hard drive on another machine What I've tried Startup Repair - Could not detect a problem System Restore - No restore points Windows Complete PC Restore - A valid restore location could not be found Windows Memory Diagnostics - No errors SFC Scan - No problems Stand alone system sweeper - No problems Hotfix Uninstall - Nothing to uninstall I also COULD do a partial or full quot Packard Bell Recovery quot which is essentially like reinstalling windows I DO NOT want to do this I'm sure this is just a simple software issue really and I would rather avoid a reinstall Can anyone recommend what steps I should try to resolve this Thanks

A:Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista

I think I saw this post aver at Toms but I also think you gave some additional info.
I think what may be going on it during the switch from the windows low res video driver to the driver used in normal mode.

Since you can get into safe mode try to go to device manager.
Start|right click computer|properties|device manager.
Look in the display adapter.
Is there a yellow exclamation mark there?
Or is it showing the video that you know should be there?
Please post the video that the machine uses and or the PB model.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-with-movable-cursor-or-ksod-black-screen-of-death-vista-410636.html
Relevancy 92.45%

something wrong my laptop because the screen blank nothing comes up please help me ..?help help help help help help ehlep

A:screen blank or black

If you can hear the laptop running normally but nothing on the screen, the backlight may need replacing.Look closely at the screen whilst shining a torch on it. If you can see a faint image of Windows then you need to get the backlight replaced because the existing one has blown (just same as a light bulb blows when it's worn out).It's a DIY job if you know what you're doing, otherwise take it to a laptop repair shop.message edited by phil22

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/screen-blank-or-black/14074.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hello! i got an advent 7094 and yesterday morning when i tried to start mi laptop there is nothing except a black blank screen. At opening there is the normal intel logo display and afterthat there is only black sceen.i tried connecting it to my desktop screen and still there is no sign. HELP PLS T_T_T_T_T_T_T

Relevancy 92.45%

I have a Toshiba S126 Laptop, has worked flawlessly since purchase. Yesterday, I installed a new Lexmark printer, and it worked until about 3:00pm. then my screen went black. couldn't get it to do anything, so I rebooted. During boot up, the Toshiba screen appears, the command lines appear, and the initial Windows screen appears, then it goes completely black. The hard drive continues to spin, and I assume load the rest of Windows.
At this point I am stuck, and any help is appreciated.

Mike Kingsley

A:Screen goes Blank/Black

Hi Mike,
Try starting in 'Safe Mode', and uninstall the printer drivers to see if that rectifies the problem, or in XP try 'Safe Mode' and 'System Restore'. Sounds like the printer installation has possibly corrupted the Video Drivers.
Bowmar

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-goes-blank-black.494978/
Relevancy 92.45%

I have been running my Blank Black Screen Windows Xp OS for a while now but due to some unexpirienced decisicions by friends and family viruses found there way on my pc I used AVG Virus Protector free edition to scan find and delete any viruses I was successful in findin over viruses and controlling the problem But there was this malware program not to sure of the name it was a red icon in the toolbar in the form Blank Black Screen of a boxing bell that caused a pop up program with the characteristics of a malware prevention program i scanned once more after and found no more threats But there still was this annoying malware program which did not have an uninstallation setup and kept on prompting quot blank quot explorer windows to open up in large quantities - boxes sequentially Eventually i deleted the file from the start gt all programs list and emptied the recycle bin As soon as i did that the pc just froze and all i could see was the desktop wallpaper I restarted it and saw the windows loading screen but no startup screen just a blank black screen then i restarted again and didnt see the windows loading screen and left it on for like an hour and nothing happened I ve turned my computer off many times after that by holding the power button down to make the beginning menu give me an option of whether I want to run windows in safe mode or normally when I turn the computer back on but i cannot find the safe mode or anymode except normal for that matter i ve tried tapping the F key but nothing happens My hard drive is the primary device on which to boot from and I have no idea if windows does start properly and I just cannot see the interface but i really dont think it s the screen because from all the forums i ve read its the same thing just a different cause i my case The beginning menu that I talk about I can only use a keyboard and it has the colour scheme of windows command prompt I would really like your help to try and get this thing fixed today without formatting the hard disk Please nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blank-black-screen.680548/
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi all, I'm currently experiencing a black / blank screen after the dell logo (my notebook is Dell).

I have tired booting into safe mode by F8 but to no avail since im on windows 8.1.

i have tired to reset the residue power as well.

i have tried to crtl alt del but it wont respond.

I can't take out the battery since it is internal as well.

however the black screen allows me to see my cursor.

Any solutions out there?

Video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NvKuiJMm0A

And it will just stay blank after that for unlimited amount of time.

A:Black / Blank Screen

Hi there

The best will be to reload that machine. I hope you have backedup your files.

The only way that I know of to get the recovery options is to force shutdown the laptop during boot 3 times. This will open the recovery options. Lets firstly try accessing safe mode to try and backup your files. If you don't need your files or have already made a backup skip the following step and Recover the system.

-----------------------------Safe Mode-------------------------------------
From the recovery menu you can click:
"See advanced repair options"
"Troublshoot"
"Advanced Options"
"Windows Startup Settings"
"Enable Safe Mode" then restart.
--------------------------------Recovery---------------------------
From the recovery menu you can click:
"See advanced repair options"
"Troublshoot"
"Dell backup and recovery"

Hope this helps
Grant

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-blank-screen.1138136/
Relevancy 91.59%

right basically i start up my laptop and some times it will load straight up and show me the login screen were as other times it will just hang befor the login screen just a black screen but the monitor is active because u can tell it is on does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it. I have reinstalled Vista however the problem remains =[ help PLZ

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/blank-black-screen-of-death-lol-196394.html
Relevancy 91.59%

I have an HP Model: SR5333WM desk top. This morning upon start up the image went hay wire, then a black screen and a series of 1 short beep followed by 1 longer beep. I unplugged the system for another reboot, but upon turning the system on, I get the beeps and no output to the monitor. I hear the fans and the system is powered up, but nothing on the monitor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blank-black-screen-and-beeps.996835/
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi I have a boot up problem Here is a transcript of a problem which I referred to HP Email support on and their reply In the first place their solution worked but only temporarily and in the last week Black up on screen blank boot I have struggled everyday to get the laptop to boot up Today it will not boot up at all - Again the screen is black I heard Windows start up sound but nothing appears on screen In the last week on several occasions when trying to boot up I got an error message which said the computer was unable to start and offered me a repair and I chose yes and it then said it could not repair and would do a system restore which it successfully did Me to Black blank screen on boot up HP I am unable to boot up my Notebook the power is on and everything is connected but the screen remains blank I can hear the start up sound but the screen remains blank I have tried powering off and booting up again but nothing happens I have Black blank screen on boot up tapped on f to start in safe mode but safe mode will not start Model H P Pavilion dv Series Notebook PC dv ea Product Number KMO EA ABU Date Of Purchase Service ID Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium bit HP to me Hi Keith Thank you for writing to us From your email I see that your notebook does not boot up and displays blank screen I can understand your concern Keith the issue might cause due to static charges present on the notebook or due to the internal hardware malfunction of the system board In order to isolate the issue I recommend you to perform power drain and check with the issue Power Drain To perform power drain follow the steps below Shut the computer down Disconnect the AC adapter and remove the battery Press the power button down for about - seconds Reconnect the AC adapter and the battery Restart the computer Try restarting the computer only with the AC power without the battery amp vice-versa If the issue still persists after performing the power drain then the issue clearly indicates that it is due to the internal hardware malfunction of the system board and it needs onsite diagnosis by the HP technician As your notebook is not covered under normal factory warranty I recommend you to contact your nearest HP authorized service provider nbsp

Relevancy 91.59%

thanks in advance for helping me
i have a dell latitude running windows xp
i was having problems with it
so i was running gmer on it
while i was running it i got the bsod
then the computer restarted with check disk
since then i cant get the computer started not even in safe start mode
i do have an option to use windows recovery when i go through the start up but nothing is working
thanks again

A:blank black screen after startup

Does this concern the same computer as the topic here? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic425883.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/431899/blank-black-screen-after-startup/
Relevancy 91.59%

When using the laptop it sometimes goes blank black mostly when I am online viewing videos but it also does it while not online and using Microsoft Word There is no warning s... screen the While goes blank laptop using sometimes (black) nor a blue screen showing any information of what is wrong I have tried taking While using laptop the screen goes blank (black) sometimes s... the laptop to a computer tech and he tapped the back of the screen hit the base several times and pushed on the bottom edge of the screen but it still worked fine He re-installed the graphics driver but it still did it nbsp I have had the notebook since December It is a used computer but it worked fine until June of this year when it started freezing The only solution for me is to unplug teh charger remove the battery from the bottom and let it sit for awhile though it only gives me now maybe - minutes of use and it starts all over again of freezing and I do the steps of removing the charger and battery all over again SOmetimes it tries to re-boot but only reaches the HP logo and the squiggly lines appear and I have to turn off the machine and let it rest It doesn't appear to be overheating nbsp but I have tried to put a gap between the table and bottom of the laptop but it still freezes gives me the blank screen

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/While-using-laptop-the-screen-goes-blank-black-sometimes/td-p/5754784
Relevancy 91.59%

I have a dual boot machine Win Xp and on Screen Black XP Blank Boot Vista Machine My Power Supply died over a week ago and since I replaced the power supply the XP partition does this blank Blank Black Screen on XP Boot screen issue The Vista partition did not have an issue just the XP partition I even backed everything up wiped Blank Black Screen on XP Boot the drive and did a fresh new install of XP first and it was fine until I finished the install On reboot the blank screen issue came back I popped Blank Black Screen on XP Boot in my Vista CD and did the Vista install on restart and have my dual boot back with Vista working fine and XP doing the blank black screen after the loading screen goes away Safe Mode does the same just hangs at mup and does not progress I tried the Last Known Config and that still produced the same Blank Black Screen I cleared the CMOS and still same issue This might be a Power Issue as it never did this with my previous Watt OCZ Elitestream Power Supply I am not sure how to fix this any help on this would be great I have been able to have the XP partition boot up off a cold boot with the machine being off for over minutes but if I was to reboot the black screen would appear again My spec is a W Antec Power Supply E Dual Core Intel CPU XFX i LT Nforce Mobo XFX Ultra GTX Nvidia Cards SLI Gig of Memory Asus Xonar D X Sound Card GB HD - Main Drive B Storage Drive G nd Storage Drive Hard Drive

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blank-black-screen-on-xp-boot-353379.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi, my desktop's been having some problems recently. When I switch it on, it loads just fine. However when it comes to the point in time where it is supposed to show the blue start up screen with "Welcome", the entire screen turns blank. And it just remains that way. There isn't any start up tone too. I've tried rebooting numerous times in normal and safe modes and nothing. Is it a graphic card problem? I do not wish to reformat, quite a fair bit of my school work is in there, I can't risk losing them... And it's urgent since I have most of my portfolio files in there...

Please and thank you!

Melesa

A:Black/blank Screen At Start Up

Do you have a dual monitor setup currently or in the past?

Do you only have ONE video adapter?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/132304/blackblank-screen-at-start-up/
Relevancy 91.59%

Downloaded a virus into my computer 2 weeks ago - ran Microsoft Security Essentials to scan & clean.
Downloaded microsoft updates this week, computer froze so I shut it down. Now it won't even reboot........
I am hopelessly illiterate when it comes to this sort of stuff - is it time to dump this computer? It was a rebuilt system to start with......

A:No BSOD - just a blank, black screen...

Now it won't even reboot........Click to expand...

Describe this in more detail. What exactly happens?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-bsod-just-a-blank-black-screen.152107/
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi guys I have a dell inspiron labtop about - years old that I use at home and in my car for datalogging the cars information while driving racing To put it simply when I start the computer up it runs but the screen is black blank the whole time Now keep in mind some issues I had previously were the following while the computer was running the screen would go blank out of no where We found out that the harddrive was shot and replaced it While using my labtop in the car I d notice that the screen is not as sturdy as it was brand new meaning when we d hit bumps on the road the screen would move slightly due to possibly the hinges not being tight any more Well anyway with this movement I suspected that was one of the Black/blank At Startup Screen reasonings why my screen would all of a sudden go blank black Because if I d use both of my hands to hold the screen so it wouldn t have a chance to move it seemed like the screen would be ok and not shut off turn black Those were the quot beggining quot issues before this black screen at startup thing happened Not sure if they re related or not Black/blank Screen At Startup Anyway now is now and the screen doesn t light up at all Black/blank Screen At Startup I see Black/blank Screen At Startup nothing at start up yet the computer will run until I shut it off manually Any info would be appreciated

A:Black/blank Screen At Startup

Hiya mate, welcome to the forum, hope we can be of some assistance!

Sorry to hear about your problem. It sounds to me that the screen maybe kaput, a quick way to find out is to connect your laptop to a monitor, this way the laptop should hopefully output whats on the laptop to the monitor. Give that a try and see what happens.

If not luck pop back and we'll see what we can do!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/107772/blackblank-screen-at-startup/
Relevancy 91.59%

Yes. I know what I should do.

Change balanced plan and Power saver to both
Turn off the display NEVER
Put the computer to sleep NEVER.

So why the monitor goes blank (Black) until I touch the mouse or keyboard.

A:screen goes blank (black) after inactivity

Is there an active screen saver?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/335935-screen-goes-blank-black-after-inactivity.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi The system device menu showed a couple of yellow question marks of which one was a VGA driver I uninstalled it and tried re loading the drivers Windows was searching for the drivers and I left it to it When I came back the screen was black I presumed it had gone to sleep and moved the mouse Nothing It was completely black The power was on but ordinary screen your not black/blank there was nothing on the screen A reboot brought back the usual startup screen followed by the Windows XP logo and the blue quot progress quot bar But the screen then goes black again The not your ordinary black/blank screen startup sound can be heard I have tried to reboot in safe mode by pressing f on reboot but nothing not your ordinary black/blank screen works - Ie not your ordinary black/blank screen i dont get the option to boot from safe mode it continues to boot as normal I cant see a start button so cant do anything via msconfig either It wont boot from the XP disc or from the motherboard dvd Any ideas Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 91.59%

Hi guys Basically as the title suggests when I turn on my PC it powers up I hear fans spinning yet my screen will stay black To add to this when it stays blank my keyboard also does not light up So far the only way for me to access my PC is to turn it off and on a few times usually including completely disconnecting it from the power for a short while PC Specs Windows Ultimate bit screen my still on PC black/blank? Turns is BUT AMD FX tm - Six-Core Processor GeForce GTX GB RAM PC Power amp Cooling Silencer EPS V W Power Supply Rocca ISKU Illuminated Gaming Keyboard PC Turns on BUT my screen is still black/blank? Rocca XTD Gaming Mouse First time having a gaming mouse keyboard so I was not sure if maybe they caused problems sucked extra power etc I m not too experienced with the ins and outs of computers but all I can think is maybe my PSU is not giving PC Turns on BUT my screen is still black/blank? enough power though I get no warning beeps my Keyboard might be the issue I hope you guys can help I ve thought maybe do I need to update the BIOS If so how do I do that nbsp

A:PC Turns on BUT my screen is still black/blank?

Is this a new build that will not post or has it been running then developed a problem?

Have you tried disconnecting ALL drives [both hd and optical] removing any usb device ie printer, scanner, hub, etc and then pw ON? See if the mb will reliably complete POST. If it does complete post a few times, then start connecting devices one at a time until you find the failed part. If it does not complete POST in the above config, then you will need to start swapping parts with known good units; start with the pw supply.

Next post ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact mb installed, exact ram installed, etc. Note 8gig of ram does not really tell us much; 8gig of corsair 123xxx, tells us a lot more.

If you can get the system to post, enter the bios or uefi and post the following info; cpu temp, system temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-turns-on-but-my-screen-is-still-black-blank.1121339/
Relevancy 91.59%

everything started everything blank screen** works else **black goin wrong when i went into my bios configuration my usb hardware **black blank screen** everything else works wasnt being recognize in windows so i went to adjust the options and changed the usb function to enable i also did some other things although my graphic card is agp on the primary graphic it says pci so i changed it to agp **black blank screen** everything else works graphic winsize was mb i changed it to mb cpu was mhz i turn on the overclocked and change it to mhz and then restart and everything went wrong it stayed with the black screen when i turn on my computer everything works but my monitor stays blank even with different video cards i tried with also thought if it was my monitor so i went to my bros computer and try it but nope even my bros monitor stayed black so it has to be the motherboard itself my fans harddrive and whatever works mouse optic works but keyboard doesnt seem to get any signal tower light stays green but when turned on it turns to orange jes like the monitor i also try taking every card out sound card graphic card and my harddrives since it was the harddrive that i change the configuration in but nope still doesnt work i google my probelm and tried everything and still no luck my specs gig duron mb geforce agp im jes hopin i didnt fried that damn im pretty sure it aint fried becuz it can still be turned on nbsp

A:**black blank screen** everything else works

What Kind of Motherboard.....

....and is there any way to reset it back to default. Have you looked through the motherboard manual if this is a self-build? If not, can you get the motherboard model and check the manufacturer's website for a manual? Not sure if you fried your chip, but it could be....or it may just be the system is buckling because it won't accept the overclock.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-blank-screen-everything-else-works.61375/
Relevancy 91.59%

what is causing my screen to go blank/black then back on(or not) and I have to restart??

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-A-B-C-N-S-Flex-Horizon/Lenovo-C4-C5-Blank-Black-screen/td-p/3373651
Relevancy 91.59%

Hey, i had an error message after doing a Non-Destructive system restore called "NTLDL is Compressed" so i do a few more Non-Destructive restores to see if it helped and it never. So i started spamming keys on the restart, i hit F2 a few times after to go to the boot menu and just went to a blank black screen. No it does nothing when i restart, just goes to a blank black screen. Please Help.

A:Black Blank Screen On Start Up.

sounds kind of like a hardware issue, I would start by removing everything you don't need to start the machine, including the CD-rom, floppy, ... PCI devices

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-blank-screen-on-start-up-138401.html
Relevancy 91.59%

It's definitely a problem with the graphics card.

It started this morning. When I login on any user, nothing shows up, not even a cursor. It's just black.
So I got into safe mode and disabled my graphics card (intel 965 integrated) and everything worked.

However the special effects and graphics are all disabled. What should I do?
The driver I have installed is the latest one.

A:Blank Black Screen After Login

Some recent Windows updates have this bug, that makes Windows screen black after logging in.Fix for this from PrevX : http://www.prevx.com/blog/140/Black-Screen...sta-and-XP.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/277651/blank-black-screen-after-login/
Relevancy 91.59%

No Explorer Start Menu Wallpaper blank screen Black Blank WIN - Problem XP Screen CTRL-ALT-DEL to access task manager to start basic applications I ve seen several posts that have similar symptoms and have tried to run the proposed Black Blank Screen - WIN XP Problem solutions on this system to no avail I ve run these applications just prior to running the HiJackThis snap shot - TrojanHunter - CleanUp - Adaware SE - Spybot Search amp Destroy - AVG free a Problem not solved Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files STOPzilla szntsvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System dllhost exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Free avgcc exe C WINDOWS System taskmgr exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings ToddJune Desktop SpyKiller HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINDOWS PCHEALTH HELPCTR System panels blank htm O - BHO IEHooks Class - - - - - - no file O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO STOPzilla Browser Helper Object - E F - - D - F B- D B D - C WINDOWS System SZIEBHO dll O - Toolbar no name - DA C - F- a- CD- CFE CFF - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run P P Networking C WINDOWS System P P Networking P P Networking exe AUTOSTART O - HKLM Run STOPzilla quot C Program Files STOPzilla Stopzilla exe quot autorun O - HKLM Run P P Networking C WINDOWS System P P Networking P P Networking exe AUTOSTART O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run P P Networking C WINDOWS System P P Networking P P Networking exe AUTOSTART O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run ViewMgr C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe O - HKLM Run KAVPersonal quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal kav exe quot minimize O - HKLM Run THGuard quot C Program Files TrojanHunter THGuard exe quot O - HKLM Run SRFirstRun rundll srclient dll CreateFirstRunRp O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM RunOnce GrpConv grpconv -u O - HKLM RunOnce WMC RebootCheck C WINDOWS inf unregmp exe FixUps O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run FreeRAM XP quot CLARKOFFICE Todd My Documents Downloads FreeRAMpro FreeRAM XP Pro exe quot -win O - HKCU Run AIM C Documents and Settings Marisa My Documents My Webs private aim exe -cnetwait odl O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup WinZip Quick Pick lnk C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE O - Extra context menu item Open Picture in amp Microsoft PhotoDraw - res C PROGRA MICROS Office phdintl dll phdContext htm O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Documents and Settings Marisa My Documents My Webs private aim exe O - Extra button Related - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINDOWS web related htm O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINDOWS web related htm O - DPF A BB - - EC-... Read more

A:Black Blank Screen - WIN XP Problem

Assistance offered here: http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=393137
Closing duplicate thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-blank-screen-win-xp-problem.392929/
Relevancy 91.59%

So I just got a brand new Samsung laptop about a week ago It is a gaming computer screen black when Blank on turned It's been running fine but now I have a problem I had two tabs and a game open on my computer I was on one of the tabs when this happened My screen froze and there was some bars that went across the screen small bars So I held down the power button to turn it off I then tried to turn it on again The power buttoned turned blue like normal but the screen stays black No Samsung logo like it does when it's usually starting up Does anyone know what the problem is and how it can be solved I unplugged and took the battery out just thinking it needs to be rested for a bit When this Blank black screen when turned on happened it was quite hot it has probably been on for hours and this is daily too Is it just because of overheating

A:Blank black screen when turned on

It could possibly be a graphics card error try and find out more about the graphics card installed into your laptop and its common errors.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/blank-black-screen-when-turned-on-671438.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hello I have an month old Toshiba L S laptop I have never had an issue with it I work from home off of it hours a day monday-friday On saturday I was Black/blank/no help! screen updatess, please after browsing the web and near the bottom right of my screen i saw there were Black/blank/no screen after updatess, please help! new updates available for my windows I proceeded to install the recommended updates and received a prompt that my lap top needed to shutdown for the changes to take effect Well it never came back on When I power it on the charger battery and power on leds light up green and the hard drive led flashes for a few seconds then goes off I can hear my fan and hard drive running and the disk drive will open and light up when I close it But there is no activity on the screen not the Toshiba or windows welcome screen or the black screen of death I did the take the battery out and remove the charger hold the power key for seconds thing times I also held down the zero key and the f and the f and still nothing on the screen So i hooked up an external monitor and tried the Fn F buttons and the screen immediately says monitor going to sleep and shuts off I dont know what else to do I really dont want to bring it some where and be charged for them to tell me its the motherboard It cant be I was using it with no issues up until windows prompted me to run the new updates BTW Toshiba techs told me it was software related and referred me to Microsoft who referred me to Toshiba because its a hardware matter They didn t understand that I could not get to BIOS because I have no screen and its not broken because i could see right before the upgrade Can someone please help me I dont know what else to do Thank you for your time nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-blank-no-screen-after-updatess-please-help.999731/
Relevancy 91.59%

I recently bought a radeon x Sapphire card x agp mb worked very nicely at first tried it on all my high end games doom blackwhite painkiller to see how the performance was compared to my if it was worth it it sure was what a screen at help black startup Blank up? HUGE difference can run all my games on high settings look very nice never knew this cheap card Blank black screen at startup up? help would provide such good game-play Oh ya forgot the driver cd didn t not work dvd drive couldn t detect cd so i just downloaded it from ati instead works on my regular cdrw drive strange So when i restart my pc it just hangs there blank black screen same as my last pc that i thought i fryed it at first having Blank black screen at startup up? help second thoughts about my other one never knew this card uses an extra power extension and yes i have it connected And when i switch to my tuner card works fine no black screen And i bought extra ram for the card also Have no idea what i did wrong or installed wrong or am i doing something wrong or did the card just die on me the first day my pc is athlon pc chip board socket A m series ddr GB ram x HD x HD x Dvd dual drive x cdrw drive unconnected Power supply is rosewill that came with the cheap case W nbsp

Relevancy 91.59%

Okay so my computer became unresponsive while browsing the internet multiple tabs. So i was forced to turn it off by pressing the button on the computer. Then when i went to turn it on it will display the sony vaio screen, then the intell pentium processor screen(normal for booth up, both of those), but then it just goes blank. Please, how cna i fix this !! Thank you so much!

Relevancy 91.59%

Toshiba Satellite A105 laptop, win xp SP2 will not do anything.

Turned it on and first screen I get is Windows did not start properly last time please choose: Safemode,Safe mode with network, safe mode with command prompt or start normal or last know good configuration. None of them work. Once I choose one I get the coursor and the cursor only with a black screen;the cursor will move

Put the restore disk in and directions say to hold down c key until I see toshiba sign and let it go. It Checks cd boot cd rom, then loads ramdisk image, then I see toshiba recovery tool, then back to toshiba screen, then it goes to the boot options listed above: This is the directions on the recovery cd.

have no idea where to go from here other than to the Techguy.org, lol.

Thanks

Relevancy 91.59%

Hello So i upgraded RAM using RAM Screen Blank/Black After Upgrade Corsair Blank/Black Screen After RAM Upgrade DDR SODIMM x GB Mhz after installation the PC Blank/Black Screen After RAM Upgrade starts up but the screen is blank black nbsp steps I tried with st socket using only one RAM Screen Black Blank I tried with nd socket using only one RAM with the Same RAM of step Screen Black Blank I tried step and using the other RAM Screen Black Blanknow here it gets interesting Tried st socket using Original Factory RAM Screen Black Blank/Black Screen After RAM Upgrade Blank Tried nd socket using Original Factory RAM Screen Black Blank Tried without any RAM at all it sounds the missing RAM sound Screen Black Blank nbsp Now in every step taken i must say that the screen its not just not showing stuff but its totaly black like it doesnt power up at all in the mean time the system starts up normaly Is it Possible the RAM upgrade to affect the screen or maybe when i was replacing the RAM i touched some cable conecting to screen or something nbsp HP All-in-ONE PCProduct No G B AA ABAModel No - w nbsp Windows bit nbsp Solved View Solution

A:Blank/Black Screen After RAM Upgrade

Update Removed the battery and hold the power button for 30sec (BIOS reset if i am not mistaken?) now it is working with the orginal RAM so i guess my new RAM its the problem!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Blank-Black-Screen-After-RAM-Upgrade/td-p/5590832
Relevancy 91.59%

I have a HP pavalion laptop PentIII 4yrs old It seems that when I turn the laptop on it has a blank screen no reboot no xp nothing not sure do u think its the hard drive not sure any input appreciated...
thanks
anthony

Relevancy 90.73%

I started having issues yesterday the day after I installed teamviewer a program that is on my and startup screen blank black Computer iPad also to remotely control the laptop At first the screen started freezing when I was in the middle of a Java game So I restarted the laptop only to have it freeze at the main screen after login The screen would freeze the display would change to a very low resolution I think So I kept restarting it only to repeat Until eventually once past the windows logo the screen would turn black and blank Sometimes the Computer startup black and blank screen display would turn on black and Computer startup black and blank screen blank and other times it would do that after the logo A few times I managed to get it to go into safe mode and I restored to a few days ago but it made no difference I also tried many other things like changing some settings but nothing worked So after like or hours I Rolled back and disabled nvidia quadro nvs m since I read it might be causing the issue and I should uninstall it which I couldn't once I disabled it I restarted the computer and made it to the main screen without issues and I could even load my game I enabled it again And restarted the computer only to have the same issues so I disabled it again after finally getting into safe mode I don't know if it works fine now I left it on at most for - minutes without any issues and I never actually logged into the game to see if it works Like I said I tried restoring to an earlier time but I think the issue is with that particular driver but I have no idea how to fix it

A:Computer startup black and blank screen

I figured out that in my display settings instead of showing my main monitor it only shows "mobile pc display". I know that means from a mobile device but I don't see the option to change back to the main screen. By using the previously mentioned app it changed my settings and so now I don't know how to get the main display screen.
I tried restoring to a previous version before but that didn't do anything, so I'm guessing it didn't fix the display issue. I also tried reinstalling the driver at least twice and nothing.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561595/computer-startup-black-and-blank-screen/
Relevancy 90.73%

My computer hanged up, I ran safe mode and found out it froze at agp440.sys. I used the recovery console to disable that, but now it hangs at Mup.sys.

I tried doing a chkdisk, but I am confused as what exactly to type?

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/.../proddocs/en-us/bootcons_chkdsk.mspx?mfr=true

So what I type in recovery console is exactly:

chkdsk[C:][/p][/r]

But it says the command is not recognized? Can somebody please tell me how to fix what I wrote? When I type chkdsk it just tells me the status but I need it to run the chkdsk and recover errors. Thank you so much in advance!!!!

A:Computer Screen Black/Blank - Hang Up at Mup.sys

Hi!

To run Checkdisk, use the following command:
chkdsk /rClick to expand...

*there is only on space, it's between "chkdsk" and "/r"

To run it on a specific drive (in this example,drive c):
chkdsk c: /rClick to expand...

BTW, sometimes safe mode can take a very long time to load (up to 10 minutes) and only seems to hang at a certain point.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-screen-black-blank-hang-up-at-mup-sys.843294/
Relevancy 90.73%

So in my previous post I had issues with the video card overheating I think It wasn't corrupt drivers because I managed to uninstall the drivers and [SOLVED] screen turn-on Black/Blank on install the latest drivers for my video card which took me about hours to accomplish due to the pixelated screen of death Anyways I cooled off the room and put a big fan on the side of my case and everything [SOLVED] Black/Blank screen on turn-on seemed to work just fine until I started getting blue screens quite frequently like every hour or so One of them listed as if I recall IRQ LESS THAN something something I think Others had something to do with win k sys and some other file was on another blue screen So I system restored back to where it was working without blue screens I eventually got the pixelated screen of death again and I know for a fact my video card wasn't overheating at that point I least maybe I don't think it was So I restarted it like normal and it showed my MoBo's logo screen and after that it went black blank I restarted more times for the next mins and now it just shows a black blank screen as soon as I turn the computer on No MoBo beep no keyboard LED's light up nothing Everything else still works like the fans the CD-ROM lights up ejects the MoBo light is on etc It just doesn't do anything passed that point So I took out the battery to refresh my CMOS and left it out for mins or so put it back in nothing Any ideas on what is going on

A:[SOLVED] Black/Blank screen on turn-on

Welcome back to TSF, sorry to hear about your issues

What we need is the exact and complete BSOD Stop error. If you could please jot that down and reply back with that info we may get a better idea what is causing your BSOD.

Also, have you reseated the video card? Remove from the slot and reseat.

Quote:

So in my previous post I had issues with the video card overheating (I think)

Was the card overheating or not?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-black-blank-screen-on-turn-on-333664.html
Relevancy 90.73%

My computer will boot up, and makes all of the same booting sounds, but instead of going to the desktop, it is is a blank black screen with just the mouse appearing on it. I don't know what to do, and what has happened to my computer.

A:computer will boot, but then blank black screen

Hi and welcome to TSF can you boot to safe mode tapping F8 on boot how does it behave then

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-will-boot-but-then-blank-black-screen-458605.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hey I shut down my computer last night It runs and when I shut it down I do not believe it installed updates I came home this afternoon and tried to boot it It boots and after I type in my PIN shows my desktop for a few seconds Then my display will either turn black or a blueish grey There is no cursor It does this every reboot now I can not do anything except reset when it happens System info Two GTX 's in SLI Two Asus monitors Possible culprits - I have Actual Multiple Monitors trial installed The freezing display blanking seems to happen when the trial time left window shows up but that may be coincidence - I heard graphics card driver updates and windows updates can clash in some way and cause a similar issue From what I've read a cursor is 8.1 log in. cursor after Windows screen black/blank No still on screen and task manager can be opened with CTRL SHIFT ESC Neither of these work for me - Virus I have avast so I doubt it Anyone got any clue what's wrong and how to fix it specs Intel Core i - K Gigabyte GeForce GTX -Way SLI Corsair R - current - lillz's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker

A:Windows 8.1 black/blank screen after log in. No cursor

With two large graphics cards, the size of the power supply is very important....what is the model number?

What configuration are you running the dual monitors in. Are they both running from one video card, and which ports?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/51096-windows-8-1-black-blank-screen-after-log-no-cursor.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi I have win installed for a few weeks now which I have been working on and off playing in a bios duel boot setup to see if I like win while keeping my win setup Every thing screen black from 8 (blank) Pro sleep wake Win After x64 has been fine until for the first time I put the computer into sleep after I tried to wake it up the computer started up but the screen was still in the standby state I then had to do a reset as this was the only way I could get the computer to start It went through the boot process and opened to the desktop it a state which showed it had Win 8 Pro x64 After wake from sleep black (blank) screen booted from a hibernation state doc left on desk top open how I left it I tied a few options I had read in the forums like turning off quot powercfg -H off quot and rebooted but this did not fix anything I tried a selective start up in misconfig like a safe mode start and this time when I went to try sleep then tried to wake the computer the monitor at least started up from its sleep mode but was black blank The win x on the duel boot sleeps wakes fine with no problems I Win 8 Pro x64 After wake from sleep black (blank) screen guess the only difference between them is the win is installed on a SSD any further information you need please ask

A:Win 8 Pro x64 After wake from sleep black (blank) screen

Just an update, Been doing a lot of searching of the internet about my problem and I was about to give in, I kept thinking it was my GPU drivers. But I was wrong

I was thinking I might have had some ideas off people from my post, but I guess without it crashing and giving a bsod it made it hard to find what was the problem.

Just to give help to anyone else reading this post I think I have found the answer . I though I had the most up to date drivers for my ACHI controller from the Asus website which where newer than what I had installed.

But once I found out that I had a Intel 5 series chipset, I found some more up to date drivers on Intel's website. Even though when I went there before and ran an online scan it did not offer any updated drivers (I guess Asus had changed them so Intel did not know them to update?)

So the moral I guess is if you think you might have up to date drivers maybe sometimes you need to keep looking, Hope this helps someone as this is a great forum.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/13546-win-8-pro-x64-after-wake-sleep-black-blank-screen.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hello.

My computer frequently crashes to a blank (black) screen when I play games like TES V or Fable III, and leaves me no alternative but to do a hard reset with the power button. I've cleaned out the air vents several times to no avail, and I'm pretty sure my video drivers are up to date. As far as I can tell the CPU isn't being overused either.

I think the problem may be overheating but I don't know for sure. It doesn't seem to get that hot.

I've had a very similar problem before, and last time cleaning the vents out with a compressed air can did the trick. The only difference last time is that it wasn't always a blank screen, sometimes it hard weird vertical lines all over it.

I don't know what to do

A:Crashes to blank (black) screen while gaming

Hello Koshka,

See if these links can provide you with the information you seek.

Why is my screen black when I start Windows 7?

Windows 7 Black Screens of Death for Some AMD/ATI GPUs - Softpedia

windows 7 black screen after login, no desktop show up

[SOLVED] Windows 7 Loads to a black screen. Whats the - Microsoft Answers

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/204143-crashes-blank-black-screen-while-gaming.html
Relevancy 90.73%

I am trying to install a fresh copy of windows xp on compaq presario v The first screen of formatted the hard drive and setting up partitions work Then it transfers the files just fine Then it goes into the windows installation set up screens and goes blank I see it saying setup is starting and then before the setup for installation screens come on the screen goes black I went as far as installing ubuntu and it worked just fine When ubuntu came up it said it had to go into low resolution but once I hit okay everything worked fine This suring installation Blank/Black OS screen makes me beleive the windows xp install is not using the right video drivers Am I on the right track If so Blank/Black screen suring OS installation how do I get the xp installation to use the right drivers Other things that I have done and not fix my issue are set bios to default tried to boot into safe mode I Blank/Black screen suring OS installation get all the lines of safe mode starting but when windows goes to open my screen goes black replaced the hard drive Format and install xp on new hard drive Even found a copy of vista that came with the pc and it did not work Help

A:Blank/Black screen suring OS installation

Hello, Have a look here: HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boot.It might be worth testing the memory.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/468563/blankblack-screen-suring-os-installation/
Relevancy 90.73%

Hello everyone Thanks in advance for reading my post When I turn on my computer it boots up to a blank - Only No Computer Boots Black OS Into Screen Blank black screen with only the mouse pointer arrow showing Computer Boots Into Blank Black Screen Only - No OS A little history Yesterday Computer Boots Into Blank Black Screen Only - No OS I purchased a DVD writer and installed it and it worked just fine Today I ran spybot SD update and then Computer Boots Into Blank Black Screen Only - No OS ran the immunize feature which also seemed to work fine At the same time I was updating itunes to Version when I got a small windows error I don t know exactly what it said because I didn t have time to read it but it had something about win and that it was malicious software and would shut down windows I ve tried to boot up with my last known configuration that worked I ve tried safe mode safe mode with networking None of these do anything different All I get is the blank black screen with the white windows mouse cursor which I can move about the screen Which does me no good Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Thanks very much I have AVG on my computer but didn t run it last night - unfortunately I was in the middle of downloading some music and when it started the automatic system scan I stopped it dummy so that it wouldn t slow down my download Wish I hadn t did that Thanks Amil Singh

A:Computer Boots Into Blank Black Screen Only - No OS

Take a look...Black Screen (fixmbr) - http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;314503.The blinking cursor on black screen typically illustrates a MBR problem which is correctable by running the fixmbr command from the XP Recovery Console.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/258526/computer-boots-into-blank-black-screen-only-no-os/
Relevancy 90.73%

I have a Thosiba laptop which is about 4 years old. When i start it up, i can see the THOSHIBA writing but then the screen goes black. I even can go into select boot device if i press F12 or CMOS settings if i press F2. But even if i try to boot from a windows disc, the screen goes black but i can hear the laptop being on as all fans and cd rom spin.I have windows Xp on it. Im am really confused cause i can hear things on but the screen stays black. I have even used another monitor and it reacts the same way so i know the fault is with the laptop. Any ideas guys.

Relevancy 90.73%

This also involves viruses and malware but I need to get past this issue first. I could get to the log in screen but after I log in to the admin account, it is just a blank/black screen. But, if I log into another user account, I could see the desktop just fine. PLEASE HELP! I already tried opening task manager -> run new task -> open windows.exe and still no results. Thanks!

A:Black/blank screen after logging in to account

Sounds like you need to do a fresh Windows re-install

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-blank-screen-after-logging-in-to-account.208376/
Relevancy 90.73%

I started having issues yesterday the day after I installed teamviewer a program that is on my iPad also to remotely control the laptop At first the screen started freezing when I was in the middle of a Java game So I restarted the laptop only to have it freeze at the main screen after login The screen would freeze the display would change to a very low resolution I think So I kept restarting it only to repeat Until eventually once past the windows logo the screen would turn black and blank Sometimes turns to blank black screen Display on the display would turn on black and blank and other times it would do that after the logo A few times I managed to get it to go into safe mode and I restored Display turns on to blank black screen to a few days ago but it made no difference I also tried many other things like changing some settings but nothing worked So after like or hours I Rolled back and disabled quot nvidia quadro nvs m quot since I read it might be causing the issue and I should uninstall it which I couldn t once I disabled it I restarted the computer and made it to the main screen without issues and I could even load my game I enabled it again And restarted the computer only to have the same issues so I disabled it again after finally getting into safe mode I don t know if it works fine now I left it on at most for - minutes without any issues and I never actually logged into the game to see if it works Like I said I tried restoring to an earlier time but I think the issue is with that particular driver but I have no idea how to fix it nbsp

A:Display turns on to blank black screen

Go here:
http://www.nvidia.com/download/ScannForce.aspx?lang=en-us
Check automatically for a video driver for the on-board "nvidia quadro nvs 135m" video card. Doing this may solve your problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/display-turns-on-to-blank-black-screen.207799/
Relevancy 90.73%

It started a morning a few days ago. When I login on any user, nothing shows up, not even a cursor. It's just black.
So I got into safe mode and disabled my graphics card (intel 965 integrated) and everything worked. So now I have my graphics card disabled, but I can't have the Aero effects or the screen resolution.

The driver installed is the latest one, and I have tried the Prevx fix and everything.
Also ctrl alt delete in the blank screen works (the blue menu shows up full screen)
but when I click Task Manager, it goes back to the black screen.

What should I do?

Relevancy 90.73%

I installed COD Black Ops a couple of days ago, and the game runs fine. I meet the requirements, and usually get over 35 FPS, 90% of the time. When I try to save and quit, however, the game freezes at a blank, white screen where I am unable to move the mouse away from the centre of the screen. Any suggestions?

A:COD Black Ops Save and Quit = Blank Screen

Here is one of the best threads on Game problems. Its from the Seven forums but will be just as applicable in Vista
Tips on Troubleshooting Game Issues - Windows 7 Forums
http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...ml#post1131640

Go to event viewer and look for errors.

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/287003-cod-black-ops-save-quit-blank-screen.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Vista boots to a blank black screen but the screen saver is visible when it kicks in.

This is a friends PC so don't have any other details. It appears as if Vista boots OK and that his screen saver is set to about ten minutes. The fact the bios boot checks and screen saver are visible rules out a monitor or graphics card problem I'd have thought.

Relevancy 90.73%

Today I decided to let Windows install a bunch of updates. After installing, I dutifully restarted. On the restart, the screen stays blank. I hear the Windows startup sound, but can't see anything. I tried the onekey recovery button. Power light turns on, but screen stays blank. Any ideas?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Black-and-blank-screen-after-update-on-G550-with-Windows-8-1/td-p/3437484
Relevancy 90.73%

First things first I have a HP a e Windows XP home edition AMD Athelon processer and Direct X installed I ran my Direct X tests and they seem to work fine--no problems Now on to the post starting screen blank, when game black I have the game Scrabble by Infograms It works with Windows XP In the past this game has worked Recently I tried to play it so I clicked on it under blank, black screen when starting game the start-programs tab and it went to a completly blank black screen The only thing to be seen was the cursor around the edges The only way I could shut down the game was to manually shut down the computer I couldn t see the screen to even use ctrl alt delete Confused I ran Spybot AdAware and Window Washer and uninstalled the game Then I rebooted again and reinstalled It registered me fine but I don t remember InstallShield comming up But I went to play the game again and the same thing happened I looked in programs and there it was--installed Does anyone know why this happened nbsp

Relevancy 90.73%

Hi. I was infected with Antivirus 2009 or something similar about a week ago. Ran malwarebytes (I think that's the correct name) and have had no problems since. I was scanning some photos when the program shut down and went to blue screen with message that windows had encountered a problem and shut down. I turned off my laptop and tried to reboot but have gotten nothing but a blank, black screen. No cursor, no login info, no options. Have tried F8. Have removed and reinserted RAM. Tried starting up with and without battery. Tried connecting to external monitor.

My laptop is an HP dv1660se running Windows XP Home with SP3.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Additional info: My antivirus software is eset NOD 32.

Malwarebytes removed these files: tcpservice2.exe; zserv.dll; wstart.dll

I originally posted on the virus forum and Mark suggested I post here.

A:Blank, black screen. No logon or cursor.

Have you reviewed how to use your HP software to overcome system problems?

Any tools for repairing problems...ought to be covered in the owner's manual or the HP website.

By chance...do you have a Microsoft XP CD?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/201976/blank-black-screen-no-logon-or-cursor/
Relevancy 90.73%

Hey I shut down my computer last night It runs and when I shut it down I do not believe it installed updates I came home this afternoon and tried to boot it It boots and after I type in my PIN shows my desktop screen Windows No 8.1 cursor log after in. black/blank for a few seconds Then my display will either turn black or a blueish grey There is no cursor It does this every reboot now I can not do anything except reset when it happens System info Two GTX 's in SLI Two Asus monitors Possible culprits - I have Actual Multiple Monitors trial installed The freezing display blanking seems to Windows 8.1 black/blank screen after log in. No cursor happen when the trial time left window shows up but that may be coincidence - I heard graphics card driver updates Windows 8.1 black/blank screen after log in. No cursor and windows updates can clash in some way and cause a similar issue From what I've read a cursor is still on screen and task manager can be opened with CTRL SHIFT ESC Neither of these work for me - Virus I have avast so I doubt it Anyone got any clue what's wrong and how to fix it specs http pcpartpicker com user lillz saved k rxr note I posted this on general support too but I bet this is probably a more proper place to post

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/51098-windows-8-1-black-blank-screen-after-log-no-cursor.html
Relevancy 90.73%

I started having issues yesterday the day after I installed teamviewer a program that is on my iPad also to remotely control the laptop At first the screen started freezing when I was in the middle of a Java game So I restarted the laptop only to have it freeze at the main screen after login The screen would freeze the display would change to a very on and Computer screen blank display black low resolution I think So I kept restarting it only to repeat Until eventually once past the windows logo the screen would turn black and blank Sometimes the display would turn on black and blank and other times it would do that after the logo A few times I managed to get it to go into safe mode and I restored to a few days ago but it made no difference I Computer display on screen black and blank also tried many other things like changing some settings but nothing worked So after like or hours I Rolled back and disabled quot nvidia quadro nvs m quot since I read it might be causing the issue and I should uninstall it which I couldn t once I disabled it I restarted the computer and made it to the main screen without issues and I could even load my game I enabled it again And restarted the computer only to have the same issues so I disabled it again after finally getting into safe mode I don t know if it works fine now I left it on at most for - minutes without any issues and Computer display on screen black and blank I never actually logged into the game to see if it works Like I said I tried restoring to an earlier time but I think the issue is with that particular driver but I have no idea how to fix it nbsp

A:Computer display on screen black and blank

Go to Control Panel > Device Manager. Then right click on the video driver and select Update. This will check online for any updates to the driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-display-on-screen-black-and-blank.1140276/
Relevancy 90.73%

I was having trouble with XP booting to a blank or black screen after the XP splash screen is displayed. Since there was nothing of importance on the hardrive I decided to do a clean install including the formatting of the hard drive. I am able to boot into safe mode without any issues. I have followed some of the support articles from Microsoft in one of the articles it states tha while in safe mode to stop explorer.exe and see if it restarts automatically. I tried this as part of the trouble shooting and explorer.exe will not restart.

So at this point I am at a loss especially since this is a clean install. The machine is a Dell Demension 2350.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:XP professional boots to black/blank screen

Hello firemarshal98

Disconnect all peripherals and remove all cards except the video card and see if that helps.

If that does not help try running the Dell Diagnostics

I think it is safe to assume the hard drive is OK

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-professional-boots-to-black-blank-screen-286146.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi. I was infected with Antivirus 2009 or something similar about a week ago. Ran malwarebytes (I think that's the correct name) and have had no problems since. I was scanning some photos when the program shut down and went to blue screen with message that windows had encountered a problem and shut down. I turned off my laptop and tried to reboot but have gotten nothing but a blank, black screen. No cursor, no login info, no options. Have tried F8. Have removed and reinserted RAM. Tried starting up with and without battery. Tried connecting to external monitor.

My laptop is an HP dv1660se running Windows with SP3.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Additional info: My antivirus software is eset NOD 32.

Is this likely to be an infection, or should I post this problem under hardware/video forum?

A:Blank, black screen. Antivirus 2009?

I would try the Vista or XP forum, whichever applies, first

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/201663/blank-black-screen-antivirus-2009/
Relevancy 90.73%

As of yesterday - - - my youtube was working one minute the next it is only showing blank black screen I got on remote Screen Black, Blank - YouTube Solved: with my tech in London HOURS and HOURS later still no joy or fix He removed malware un-installed and re-installed latest Adobe everything un-installed and re-installed Google Chrome my browser cleaned histories cache Solved: YouTube - Black, Blank Screen cookies etc tried a system restore windows update rootkey scan boot scan hours later - results the same Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU U GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card LogMeIn Mirror Driver Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total Solved: YouTube - Black, Blank Screen - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Inc UL VT Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled Can you help Thanking you HiTechGrandma not feeling so hi-tech right now HiTech to me is when my computer is running smoothly nbsp

Relevancy 90.73%

Hi all,

This is my first post so fingers crossed i'm in the right place. I run a fairly basic Dell machine with Vista Home Basic. Here is my problem:

I enter my user account password(i am the only user on the computer) and the desktop loads up.

About 50% of the time the desktop loads and then goes black. I have no mouse cursor and the Ctrl+Alt etc combinations do nothing. The monitor stays on which suggests that the computer is still sending some sort of signal so i don't know if this is a display problem or something more sinister. I have tried to follow advice on different forums and have yet to fix the issue.

I changed the desktop wallpaper, I removed and then re-installed the display drivers and neither of these suggestions helped. Is it possible that it has something to do with the power settings? Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated.

A:Desktop Problems - Blank/Black Screen

Sounds like a driver problem - but it could be the file system

SFC -System File Checker -Instructions

Click on Start > All Programs > Accessories

Right-click on the Command Prompt entry

Select Run as Administrator and accept the UAC prompt - the ElevatedCommand Prompt window should pop up.

At the Command prompt, type

SFC /SCANNOW

and hit the Enter key

Wait for the scan to finish - make a note of any error messages -and then reboot.

Copy the CBS.log file created(C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log) to your desktop (you can't manipulate itdirectly) and then compress the copy and upload it to your SkyDrive Publicfolder (http://skydrive.live.com ) and post a link to it so that I can take a look.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/299308-desktop-problems-blank-black-screen.html
Relevancy 90.73%

I installed Windows 8 (from Windows 7) and things were OK.

Then I went to the Nvidia site and tried installing the latest driver because things looked a little strange
(nothing terrible, just some ragged edges).

Now when I restart, I see the window-pane image and the little circle thing that Windows displays,
then the whole screen goes black.
My computer is therefore dead in the water.

I tried rebooting from my Win 7 DVD, which brought up windows 7 setup screen,
told me to restart, which went right back into the Windows 8 and the malfunction.

Any ideas to bring this back to life?
Should I get hold of a Win 8 installation disk and boot from it? (I did the 7-->8 upgrade just
by downloading). Thanks in advance.

Not that it matters, but the machine is a Core I7 at 2.53 ghz w/ 8gb RAM (a desktop from Puget Custom Computer).

A:Blank (black) screen after windows 8 symbol.

I have the same problem. When installing, got a message that there were some startup errors that Windows 8 was repairing by restarting. Now I get nothing but BSOD. Microsoft said that I need to buy the disc (clever of them). Any fixes that could be done by a normal human, age 66, like me? Many thanks.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/10607-blank-black-screen-after-windows-8-symbol.html
Relevancy 90.73%

I am able to turn on my computer but the screen is just black and nothing comes up I restarted my computer turned it on and off unplugged the power cord but no luck is after comes blank/black, nothing screen -- up reboot, HELP! computer my monitor does detect the computer but the screen is just black if i unplug the monitor cable the after reboot, computer screen is blank/black, nothing comes up -- HELP! monitor after reboot, computer screen is blank/black, nothing comes up -- HELP! will notify me that nothing is detected this has happen to me on after reboot, computer screen is blank/black, nothing comes up -- HELP! many occasions already everytime i restart my computer the screen goes black and nothing comes up every time i want to restart my computer i have to turn it off and turn it back on for it to work but this time after turning it on and off the computer screen is black and nothing comes up When i press the restart button on my computer the screen goes blank black so i have to hold the power button for a few seconds to turn it off and then turn it back on i dont know if it s graphics card or the motherboard the computer just suddenly freezes and i had to restart it so i turn the computer off and then on and the screen comes out black the computer is on but the screen is blank the problem is not the monitor for sure because i used it with another computer and it worked fine if anyone is having similiar problems who knows what to do please help thank you my comp specs windows xp w sp BFG geforce gt mb oc gddr graphics card Asus P N -SLI Premium WiFi-AP motherboard Corsair TWIN X - C GB Ram nbsp

A:after reboot, computer screen is blank/black, nothing comes up -- HELP!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-reboot-computer-screen-is-blank-black-nothing-comes-up-help.712014/
Relevancy 89.87%

History I recently changed motherboards and removed a (0x80070422) Error blank; options/info Screen Backup screen nd hard drive which contained win The system now has one drive with Win Pro on it My backups have been going to a removable seagate usb drive and was not always plugged into the system so occasionally I got a Backup Screen options/info screen blank; Error (0x80070422) notice that windows couldn't find the backup drive which was not a problem Backup Screen options/info screen blank; Error (0x80070422) as I plugged it in weekly and backup ran fine then What I've done so far sfc scannow from elevated prompt no files had problems ran MRT and virus scan came back negative Started Backup Screen options/info screen blank; Error (0x80070422) system repair disk and selected Startup Repair and came back with no problems ran additional available troubleshooter which came back with no problems found The full error message reads quot The backup application could not start due to an internal error The service cannot be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it x quot When I select quot Backup and Restore quot the page comes up showing only the words quot Control Panel Home quot in the upper left in the blue area and the words quot Backup or Restore your files quot in the top white area of the page The rest of the page is blank See attached pdf Not surprisingly then the service doesn't show up in msconfig as a startup service The error is supposed to be according to technet articles indicative of a corrupted file however as stated above System File Checker finds nothing Thanks in advance for any helpful ideas G

A:Backup Screen options/info screen blank; Error (0x80070422)

Windows Backup was disabled in "Services" for an unknown reason. Also, I was looking for "Backup and Restore" at the top of the list of services instead of Windows Backup at the very bottom of the list. I didn't look in "Linux Backup and Restore", either. Duh. Anyway, good news, easy fix. Done.

How:

"Start > right click "Computer" > select "Manage" > select "Services" > select "Windows Backup" from list and double click it. When the pop up window opens, if the pull down says "This service is disabled" click on the pull down and select Manual. Click "Apply". "OK". Done.

Now, just go to backup and restore in the Maintenance folder on the start menu program list, click it and Backup menu is there ready to go.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/315988-backup-screen-options-info-screen-blank-error-0x80070422.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Very similar to the following problem but i do not have a raid and it seems that this PC has a raid and i don t plus it was never really determined what the actual solution was http forums techguy org windows-nt- -xp -solved-windows-cant-boot-black html The basics XP Professional Boot up screen right before the windows loading screen or direct after the F Menu if you hit quot Start Windows Normally quot it will just lock up no HDD activity blank screen now before Splash Up Screen Safe screen. works. mode Freeze Blank BSOD nothing All safe mods work Blank Screen Freeze Up before Splash screen. Safe mode works. fine Ran chkdsk r in recovery Ran proper fixboot procedure Went into safe mode and checked the event viewer The only concerning message i got was The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load AmdK Fips nod drv Formatting really isnt an issue since i can back up anything i need through safe mode However its just the fact that the Windows gremlin has struck me again and i must defeat it once more I highly doubt this is a hardware issue as it is more of a driver software issue Anymore information for me or from me that you need i would be extremely happy Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Blank Screen Freeze Up before Splash screen. Safe mode works.

Before I say the hard drive is dying, you need to try the XP repair as you have done most else you can already:
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blank-screen-freeze-up-before-splash-screen-safe-mode-works.634630/
Relevancy 89.87%

After the Starting Windows screen a blank black screen with a cursor that I can move pops up that lasts a minute (shouldn't happen with SSD, used to be ~10 second boot). Afterwards the login screen will appear as normal and everything works as normal. This doesn't happen when I boot into safe mode.

I attached a list of start up services, installs, and scheduled tasks, along with my latest boot log.

Any suggestions?

A:Windows 7: Blank screen on boot up, before login screen; slow startup

Hello and welcome, try this to see if you have something that's going you don't know about. Use the free version.

SUPERAntiSpyware | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/369613-windows-7-blank-screen-boot-up-before-login-screen-slow-startup.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi i m having to boot into windows xp on mouse screen xp with arrow Solved: screen blank splash blue after power up sytem goes through the windows xp splash screen with progress bar and then instead of login prompt it goes just into the blue screen with moveable mouse pointer arrow issue seems to be similar to http forums techguy org windows-nt- -xp -solved-windows-xp-pro-startup html http forums techguy org windows-nt- -xp -startup-problem html but recommended solutions didn t help so far symptoms just before issue - was not able to run use some system features - Solved: blank blue screen with mouse arrow after xp splash screen utility to turn off the display utility to bring up battery info - everything was working fine before this what i ve tried boot to Last Known Good Configuration - resulting in the same blue screen boot to Safe Mode Safe Mode with networking Safe Mode with comman prompt - resulting in blank black screen with quot Safe Mode quot in the corners and moveable mouse test Solved: blank blue screen with mouse arrow after xp splash screen the hardware hard drive memory etc via build in PC Doctor - all seems to be working i am able to use bootable XP CD from other machine to get into Recovery Console i am able to boot to simple live XP using BartPE-XPE usb key and access the hard drive could you please help me to find solution to this issue thank you in advance krajicek nbsp

A:Solved: blank blue screen with mouse arrow after xp splash screen

Hi krajicek, u having a same problem as me.

Btw.. yours is laptop or desktop?
If laptop wat brand are u using..Mine are FUJITSU laptop and i still
can't get it work.
I boot from the WinXP CD and it still can't recovery as well and i try
safe mode aslo can't work too..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-blank-blue-screen-with-mouse-arrow-after-xp-splash-screen.870326/
Relevancy 89.87%

pavilion dv6000 start screen blank if screen not fully open, external screen fine and shows login infoif fully open all is fine, after login screen it can be partially  closed  or pulled back and will operate 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/pavilion-dv6000-start-screen-blank-if-screen-not-fully-open/td-p/5846184
Relevancy 89.87%

pavilion dv9600 entertainment start screen blank if screen not fully open, external screen fine and shows login infoif fully open all is fine, after login screen to the pc it can be partially  closed  or pulled back and will operate in the window environment perfectly

A:pavilion dv9600 start screen blank if screen not fully open,...

Hi @reneC, Good day! Thanks for posting your question in the HP Community. It is a terrific place to find answers and tips and to have the best experience in the HP forums. I read the post regarding issues with the display which works at a specific angle. I?ll be glad to assist you with this.   You are a valued HP customer and we appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP. I have reviewed the situation and it is paramount that we address your issue. Thank you for giving us the privilege to assist you on this platform. You?ve done some awesome diagnosis and troubleshooting. Kudos to you on that score. . I would require more information regarding this to assist you better.         When did this first occur?         Please provide the complete model# of the unit.As this is an older computer, service options with HP may not be available as the parts for this unit is not supplied anymore by our business partners. I request you to contact a technician locally, like Best Buy or Staples and get the situation corrected. Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as ?Accepted Solution? as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/pavilion-dv9600-start-screen-blank-if-screen-not-fully-open/td-p/5846184
Relevancy 89.87%

This is driving me crazy.

Right after I boot my laptop, the screen flashes randomly.

Also something is stealing focus from what I am working on to something else.

Then it likes to suddenly go to a grey screen. I have to manually reboot.

If that is not enough, it like to just reboot.

Scanned with my AVG and Kaspersky, nothing found. Tried TrendMicro House Call, nothing. Dr. Web, nothing.

All drivers are up to date.

I have run it in the safe mode for about an hour with no problems. No new software installed recently. I went to restore and it was only dated from the previous day, so no help there.

I would prefer not to Nuke and pave, but if that what I need to do, I can.

Any thoughts, theories, explosives you can recommend for this?

I await with enlarging piles of hair as I pull it out.
Roger

A:Windows screen flashes, random grey screen & random black screen

Welcome to SF!

This sounds like a case of overheating, Download Speccy and upload a Screenshot
when in normal use (not Safe-Mode).

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/302037-windows-screen-flashes-random-grey-screen-random-black-screen.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Bonjour mes amis I recently have started getting screen; - Blank startup 64-bit on screen login up, before slow boot the infamous black screen of death at my computer's startup very similar to this fellow user's problem Basically Blank screen on boot up before login screen slow startup The black screen lasts at least 64-bit - Blank screen on boot up, before login screen; slow startup two minutes on average before the windows login screen comes up Everything else runs fine I think it might be my antivirus Bitdefender Total Security and I've posted on their forums about it and I've gotten responses from other users saying Quote The Black screen issue is known by BD Support till now they have not able resolved that issue hope BD resolves the issue And the booting time issue is been solved However I uninstalled Bitdefender and the problem still persisted I proceeded to uninstall every program i could remember installing before the problem started so before the start of June This was painful because I updated all my software so everything was listed as installed recently My startup time after removing all these software is attached below seconds compared to before with the speed ranging from - seconds with the worst at seconds Although this sped about my startup I still got the annoying black screen issue I am sure it is a software issue because the black screen is present but lasts no longer than about seconds when starting in Safe Mode with Networking and is present even int he low graphics What should I do My specs are filled out and I am going to to a fresh install of Windows so right now i ma backing uo my C drive Any other suggestions Should this work

A:64-bit - Blank screen on boot up, before login screen; slow startup

Hello mate try some of these Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7 start at point 15 then do chkdsk Disk Check

The go through the other stuff.

Oops should have mentioned this one too start at point 7 - option 3 Optimize Windows 7[2]=Performance Maintenance

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/293384-64-bit-blank-screen-boot-up-before-login-screen-slow-startup.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi everyone From last few weeks I'm having this strange and annoying blank screen of death on Blank screen wake up of from death while standby/turning screen the I could just see a blank screen not a blue screen while either waking up computer from sleep or while trying to turn on the display by moving cursor typing something waking up from power saver mode of display I set display to be of after few minutes of inactivity So essentially screen becomes total blank Just once or twice I saw this BSOD quot DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE quot but for all other times my screen is just blank I could see the Hard Disk activity LED on during this blank screen And almost after all subsequent boots I could see quot Windows has recovered from unexpected shutdown serious error - Check for solution quot message System - Windows Pro x with all latest recommended and security updates CPU - i QM GPU - nVidia GT M MoBo - Factory default for Dell XPS L X First I suspected its because of my nVidia GT M GPU drivers I was using official latest drivers so I completely uninstalled them with regular uninstall DriverSweeper from Guru D com I did not install any nVidia display drives since then But just now I got another blank screen after it Also I started connecting my Blank screen of death while wake up from standby/turning on the screen PC to an old Sony Bravia TV with HDMI cable and that time the automatic installation of drivers failed That is my second point of possible problem I've been using CCleaner to clean the unwanted registry entries and revo uninstaller for almost every uninstallation Still the issue persists Thats why I decided to write this post I am attaching dump file I just created using SF Diagnostic Tool exe It would be great if anyone could help or give any comments Blank screen of death while wake up from standby/turning on the screen Thanks a lot Cheers

A:Blank screen of death while wake up from standby/turning on the screen

The BSOD is caused by Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 1030 driver.

Code:
Irp is active with 5 stacks 3 is current (= 0xfffffa800760f840)
No Mdl: No System Buffer: Thread 00000000: Irp stack trace.
cmd flg cl Device File Completion-Context
[ 0, 0] 0 0 00000000 00000000 00000000-00000000

Args: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
[ 0, 0] 0 0 00000000 00000000 00000000-00000000

>[ 16, 2] 0 0 fffffa8009cd4050 00000000 00000000-00000000
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\NETwNs64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NETwNs64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NETwNs64.sys
\Driver\NETwNs64
Args: 00014400 00000000 00000004 00000002
[ 16, 2] 0 e1 fffffa8009d9e470 00000000 fffff8000370b200-fffffa800c1f7510 Success Error Cancel pending
\Driver\vwifibus nt!PopSystemIrpCompletion
Args: 00014400 00000000 00000004 00000002
[ 0, 0] 0 0 00000000 00000000 00000000-fffffa800c1f7510

And the driver is old.

Code:
fffff880`06cd3000 fffff880`07555000 NETwNs64 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: NETwNs64.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\NETwNs64.sys
Image name: NETwNs64.sys
Timestamp: Tue Jun 21 22:40:03 2011 (4E00D06B)
CheckSum: 00841841
ImageSize: 00882000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Update it from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx

And the nusb3xhc.sys, Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver is too old.

Code:
fffff880`07562000 fffff880`07593000 nusb3xhc (deferred)
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nusb3xhc.sys
Image name: nusb3xhc.sys
Timestamp: Thu Feb 10 11:22:33 2011 (4D537D21)
CheckSum: 0002FA41
ImageSize: 00031000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Update it either from OEM, or from http://www.station-drivers.com/page/renesas.htm

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/297603-blank-screen-death-while-wake-up-standby-turning-screen.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Need help here.

I have a HP laptop DV9543cl with 32bit Vista. Last Thursday (6/3/2010), Vista update icon showed up and asked me to install the update. As always, i did that. Once install was done, it asked for a reboot which i did. It started booting up again and when it finished Windows logo screen, it went blank and no display with all the other lights were in correct status. I waited for a long time before attempting a reboot. Since then i don't see anything on the screen after the initial BIOS screen (Which is also all jumbled up). I tried F8 (BIOS) and F11(Restore) but no screen. Don't know what to do but i am pretty sure that Laptop is working ok just not displaying anything. I am going to try Remote desktop on it now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Blank screen after initial boot screen for HP Laptop with Vista

have you tried ringing up HP support line?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/blank-screen-after-initial-boot-screen-for-hp-laptop-with-vista-490134.html
Relevancy 89.87%

So I ve blank screen after Windows BIOS half screen installs, had this computer for almost a year HP Pavillion a n G Maxtor HDD x mb DDR ram Hz Gig Brought to it s knees this weekend enexpectedly I am attempting to install Windows XP Pro I have used the maxtor diagnostic util to wipe the HDD to all zeroes leaving one big unpartitioned Windows half installs, blank screen after BIOS screen space When I boot from the Windows XP CD it goes though the install just fine formats the space and copies the files seemingly alright When it reboots it goes through the whole BIOS screen fine it again asks to press any key to boot from CD and if nothing is pressed goes directly to a blank screen no cursor no Windows half installs, blank screen after BIOS screen loading nothing Leaving it for up to an hour does nothing Monitor is on and signal seems active but nothing is coming though I can access recovery console but I m getting in over my head at that point Can anything in there help me Any advice is good advice I messed with this all weekend long and it is getting old Thanks nbsp

A:Windows half installs, blank screen after BIOS screen

Hi

When the PC reboots after copying files it should then read from the boot device, it may be possible that the BIOS is set incorrectly with the boot device not being set as the bootable drive.

Go into BIOS and ensure that the first bootable device is the HD you are loading windows onto, also remove any devices attached to the bootable drive such as any slave drives and that the jumper is set to master, not slave or cable select, if the CD rom that you are loading windows from is slaved to the master drive then place it on its own IDE channel and rerun the setup from scratch.

The only other time I have seen this happen is when the drive itself is flaky, that was only once though and I had to replace the drive.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-half-installs-blank-screen-after-bios-screen.77230/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi,

I cant get into my desktop. When i start my pc XP loads, and it starts the last known good configuration. I then seen the xp loading screen.

Next i should be able to see the login screen, however this is a blank black screen, the mouse is visible and i can move it around the screen, but i cant see anything to log into the desktop.

I dont know why this has happened, it was working last night. The only thing i can think of was my brother switched the power off as it was shutting down. The shut down had automatic updates running (i think) at the time the power switches were turned off.

How do i solve this so i can see the login screen and get into my pc?

Hope someone can help, cheers.

Paul

A:XP login screen wont show, blank screen and cant get to desktop?

Hello Paul

Boot into Safe Mode Options Screen (the one with Last Known Good Configuration on it) by pressing F8 at bootup and choose
'Safe mode with command prompt'

At the command prompt type
C:\Windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

Hopefully this will open System Restore, so restore to before the problem started
http://bertk.mvps.org/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-login-screen-wont-show-blank-screen-and-cant-get-to-desktop-293457.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Using window xp pro
I on computer.
It's fine loading bios and till window xp logo..
when it starting to load the welcome window screen.. (which it didnt reach the welcome screen at all)
It just stuck at the black screen..

so i try to run in safe mode, weirdly it able to open.. okie

i tried to reformat... but it doesnt seems to work, it happens the same thing..

b4 this happened.. it all started one day.. i let my computer to download some personal stuff.. then, my bro went to play gunz online.. so the computer got hanged, and he just shut the computer just like that.. (how stupid) so now, i cant reach the welcome screen at all.. help me pls..

I'm using pentium 3..
as yall know, im a beginner, i dont know a thing.. just tell me what to do if u need any informations..

A:Can't load window welcome screen! stuck at dark blank screen

Try this, boot into safe mode.
Right-click on "My computer" and select "manage"
When that opens, click on device manager

When device manager opens, look at your graphics card normally under "display adapters" - any crosses or red splats?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-load-window-welcome-screen-stuck-at-dark-blank-screen.699173/
Relevancy 89.87%

I have a Compaq Presario C300. Somehow the screen cracked and of course was not under warranty. I purchased a replacement screen online and followed the directions to replace. It was relatively simple, however, now when I boot up the computer, the backlight comes on for the whole screen, but shows up blank. Did I just not fully connect something? Is there something simple I can check before I bring the whole darn thing in for service anyway? This is what I was trying to avoid in the first place. The whole laptop was only 800 and the new replacement screen was $199 (as opposed to the quote for $450 I got to have it replaced).

Anyone have any ideas I can try?

A:Replacing Compaq Presario C300 LCD Screen: blank screen now

You have to make sure you bought right screen for your laptop. Check your connection cable hasn't any damage on it. If it still shows only blank screen, i think not coming enough power for screen (wrong screen).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replacing-compaq-presario-c300-lcd-screen-blank-screen-now.753865/
Relevancy 89.87%

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop with core duo I forget how many GB the hd is that had Windows Home Premium edition installed on it when I got it I have no idea where any of the CDs that came with it are now I had been having problems with the login screen just flashing from the blue background image to black and the mouse just showing the circle thing with Please Wait showing instead of loading the icons Normally there are two icons that show up One is the Fast Access icon that has facial recognition and the other icon is the one to type my password It would only run in safe mode and none of my restore points would make windows load normally but I know next to nothing about computers and wasn t able to find a tutorial on how to fix it so I downloaded Ubuntu instead by using Windows in safe mode with networking I was having problems with Ubuntu freezing so on the next startup I chose Screen login Blinking loading Screen options From not Blank to to run diagnostics tests and the monitor connection test amp the sata confidence test both failed while everything else passed which I don t understand because I wasn t having any problems with dead pixels or colors or anything or saving any files I think the hd test said something about I I went into bios setup and clicked From Blinking Screen not loading login options to Blank Screen factory restore or something along those lines thinking that it would restore Windows to how it was when I first got the From Blinking Screen not loading login options to Blank Screen laptop and now it loads the Dell circle at startup followed by a black screen with a white blinking underscore but I can t type anything How do I get it to load Windows again

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/474420/from-blinking-screen-not-loading-login-options-to-blank-screen/
Relevancy 89.87%

When i connect my laptop to my HDMI tv and when i try to play any video on youtube or from hard drive the screen goes blank and i here only audio when video is played in fullscreen. This happens only for 1080p resolution. I have full hd tv and i tried other laptops that works fine. Please anybody have any solution to this problem?

A:Screen goes blank while playing videos full screen when conn...

Same problem on my HP Pavilion

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Screen-goes-blank-while-playing-videos-full-screen-when/td-p/5829057
Relevancy 89.87%

Hey first time posting here so sorry if this is the wrong section or anything Lately my laptop has been experiencing a problem when I boot it up After the Starting Windows screen with the glowing Windows logo a blank black screen pops slow boot before on up, screen startup login screen; Blank up that lasts for ages I'd say at least minutes Afterwards the login screen will appear as normal When I log in the desktop appears quickly but when I try to start any programs like my browser they are slow and freeze often usually I can run programs with no problem when Blank screen on boot up, before login screen; slow startup the desktop appears Sometimes the laptop will hang every three seconds It takes a bit of time before the programs and Blank screen on boot up, before login screen; slow startup the laptop run like normal I've tried several things without success -Uninstalling and reinstalling graphics drivers I've never updated my drivers because no updates are ever available for Blank screen on boot up, before login screen; slow startup my driver is that normal My laptop is about two years old -Defragging hard drive -System Restore I don't seem to have any restore points -Clean bootup -Startup repair or whatever that first F option is called

A:Blank screen on boot up, before login screen; slow startup

Welcome to Seven Forums Tienjt.

You can run this SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker and post back with results.
Below my sig is a link to MalwareBytes, download the free version, update it, and run a full scan.

Have you installed anything new, hardware or software? Sometimes OEM's don't/won't have driver updates.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/238044-blank-screen-boot-up-before-login-screen-slow-startup.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hello everyone. I'm new the the forums here (as in just registered), but I need some help please. Basically after attempting to open firefox today (as I have probably over 20 times a day for the last year at least), I received a blue screen of death, and now my computer seems to be shot. I know how difficult it is to diagnose something without being able to see it, so I made a short little 4 min video of me trying to turn it on and what it does. Hopefully this has happened to at least someone before.

Blue Screen of Death - YouTube

A:[SOLVED] BSOD help. Blank screen after BIOS pop up and blue screen while trying to re

Hi,

From the video you provided (which is great, by the way)... your system is failing to POST. Essentially if the system detects that a device or component is failing to provide the accurate information, which ensures that it would then be safe to run, the system will not POST.

From the looks of it, your hard drive or memory appears to be the issue which is the issue in most of the cases like this as you're BSOD'ing right after loading the Windows disc and after it loads the files necessary for the install.

My current advice:

1. Clear / reset the CMOS and try booting up and or loading the disc again.

2. If possible using another system, possibly a laptop... etc, download and run Memtest86+ -

Memtest86+:

Quote:

Download Memtest86+ here:

Quote:

http://www.memtest.org/

Which should I download?

You can either download the pre-compiled ISO that you would burn to a CD and then boot from the CD, or you can download the auto-installer for the USB key. What this will do is format your USB drive, make it a bootable device, and then install the necessary files. Both do the same job, it's just up to you which you choose, or which you have available (whether it's CD or USB).

How Memtest works:

Memtest86 writes a series of test patterns to most memory addresses, reads back the data written, and compares it for errors.

The default pass does 9 different tests, varying in access patterns and test data. A tenth test, bit fade, is selectable from the menu. It writes all memory with zeroes, then sleeps for 90 minutes before checking to see if bits have changed (perhaps because of refresh problems). This is repeated with all ones for a total time of 3 hours per pass.

Many chipsets can report RAM speeds and timings via SPD (Serial Presence Detect) or EPP (Enhanced Performance Profiles), and some even support changing the expected memory speed. If the expected memory speed is overclocked, Memtest86 can test that memory performance is error-free with these faster settings.

Some hardware is able to report the "PAT status" (PAT: enabled or PAT: disabled). This is a reference to Intel Performance acceleration technology; there may be BIOS settings which affect this aspect of memory timing.

This information, if available to the program, can be displayed via a menu option.

Any other questions, they can most likely be answered by reading this great guide here:

http://forum.canardpc.com/threads/28864-FAQ-please-read-before-posting

3. Connect the hard drive to another system and run chkdsk on it, connect it back after and try again.

4. Contact iBuyPower and let them know your system suddenly out of the blue is experiencing hardware failure and will not POST.

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-bsod-help-blank-screen-after-bios-pop-up-and-blue-screen-while-trying-to-re-659431.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Hi with blank/black BSOD Windows 7 and FX5200 screen on Recently I recuperated and old computer that would go to the trash I installed successfully Windows XP SP on it and works great but now the XP life ended and I decided to install Windows on it Here the specs Motherboard First International Computer FIC FA T Graphics card Inno D FX Mb AGP Processor Intel Pentium BSOD and blank/black screen with FX5200 on Windows 7 Ghz PGA DVD drive BSOD and blank/black screen with FX5200 on Windows 7 Samsung SH-S D Power supply Generic WiseCase W All works except of course the video card Originally they comes with a Pine D SIS MB video card I was able to get it working under Windows with the XP drivers and the system was fine So I changed it to a FX because I watched some youtube videos showing it working with aero in Windows because they have Directx but now I can't get it working properly BSOD and blank/black screen with FX5200 on Windows 7 Here some drivers that I tested for Vista - gt the most recommended video driver causes BSOD with nvlddmkm sys x and a buggy black flashing screen after that the system freezes from Guru D for Vista - gt I get a buggy flashing black screen after this or the system freezes or the monitor turns off for XP - gt the setup doesn't start in compatibility mode unable to test but worked in XP for vista - gt same thing as does One of the XP drivers worked in W but without aero and a very bad performance when I try to play any video file the system causes a BSOD with nv mini sys My video card is this Can someone give some help Thanks

A:BSOD and blank/black screen with FX5200 on Windows 7

Hey aless. So you say, you had first one GPU (Pine3D), and then, you changed it to Inno3D, then you installed the drivers for this second GPU (Inno3D). all in the same OS?, that's bound to get you some problems in the future, because a search about those BSODs gave me info related to drivers for video cards (nvlddmkm.sys and nv4_mini.sys), are you in a position to do a fresh, clean install?:
Clean Install Windows 7
or maybe could you revert to the functioning card and check those BSOD dumps?, you could check them yourself with an utility like BlueScreenView:
Blue screen of death (STOP error) information in dump files.
Or you could use that program to extract them so an expert here can take a look. Although I'm not an expert, I think it's driver related.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/332665-bsod-blank-black-screen-fx5200-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Hey guys, I just reset my laptop and am upgrading to 8.1. This is the third time I have tried upgrading and every time it results in a blank black screen. I believe it has to do with video drivers. By a blank black screen I mean totally blank. There is no backlight and there is no cursor. I had this problem when it upgraded the intel graphics driver to the .3345 version so I went into safe mode and rolled it back. After the reset I uninstalled all intel graphics driver and used the microsoft driver. When I update to 8.1 I get the black screen even with this video driver. I will keep trying using the stable intel driver to see what happens.

Any help on this would be great.

A:Windows 8.1 upgrade results in blank black screen

I get error codes 0xC1900101-0x40019 and 0xC1900101-0x3000D

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/39156-windows-8-1-upgrade-results-blank-black-screen.html