Windows Support Forum

Will Windows 7 work in my HP Laptop

Q: Will Windows 7 work in my HP Laptop

Processor AMD Turion? 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-56
Ram 1024 MB
Hard Disk 160 GB SATA
Screen 15.4? WXGA High Definition BrightView Widescreen
Optical Drive Lightscribe Super Multi DVD Writer (+/-R +/-RW) with Double Layer support
Graphic Card NVIDIA? GeForce? 7150M
WiFi Yes
Bluetooth Yes
Mod Lan Integrated 10/100 Ethernet LAN
Card Reader 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards
Finger Print Yes
ieee IEEE 1394a
USB 3 ports
Built in Camera Yes
Carry Case -
OS Genuine Windows Vista? Home Premium
Weight 2.86 Kg
Battery 65 W AC Power Adapter
Will this features work for Windows 7 ?

Plz help me know it ....

Thnx in advance

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Will Windows 7 work in my HP Laptop

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 45.58%

I have the HPDV ea which I bought back in I just wanted to know if windows will run smoothly on my laptop like it does on demonstrations videos I've seen on you tube Also I've seen it work 8 my Windows on laptop? Will starts ups in a matter of seconds on some laptops do I need a high end laptop for that or will I get similar start up speeds on the specs my laptop currently has Thanks Specs Product Name dv ea Product Number FM EA Microprocessor GHz Intel Pentium dual core processor T Microprocessor Cache MB Level cache Memory MB x MB x MB Memory Max Up to GB Up to GB may not be available due to -bit operating system resource requirements Video Graphics NVIDIA GeForce M GS Video Memory Up to MB MB dedicated Hard Drive GB Multimedia Drive Blu-Ray ROM with SuperMulti DVD R RW Double Layer Display WXGA High Definition BrightView Widescreen x Fax Modem High speed K modem Network Card Ethernet BT integrated network interface Wireless Connectivity Intel PRO Wireless ABG Network Connection Sound Altec Lansing speakers D Sound Blaster Pro compatible sound bit integrated Keyboard key compatible Pointing Device Touch Pad with On Off button and dedicated vertical Scroll Up Down pad volume control mute buttons Quick Launch Buttons PC Card Slots One ExpressCard slot also supports ExpressCard External Ports -in- integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards MultiMedia cards Memory Stick Memory Stick Pro or xD Picture cards USB VGA port HDMI connector RJ modem connector RJ ethernet connectorS-video TV out headphones-out mic-in IEEE remote control infrared port remote optional cable docking connector Dimensions cm L x cm W x cm min H cm max H Weight kg lbs Power W AC Power Adapter -cell Lithium-Ion Li-Ion battery What's In The Box HP Will Windows 8 work on my laptop? Pavilion WebCam with Will Windows 8 work on my laptop? Integrated Microphone HP Mobile Remote Control

A:Will Windows 8 work on my laptop?

Hi,

It will run Windows 8 fine. Don't bother with x64. Install x86 (32 bit).

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/6385-will-windows-8-work-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I just bought a Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5934 laptop from Best Buy and I figured I would give Windows 7 a try on it as I have multiple computers.

Before I install I just want to make sure if I am going to be okay using Vista drivers for this laptop after the install? I would think wireless/ethernet drivers would be okay but not sure about the ATI graphics drivers or sound.

Am I go for launch or should I be concerned about anything?

-tony

Relevancy 44.72%

i bought recently a new dell laptop model 3558 inspiron with procesor intel core i5 ...it has a linux preinstalled on it ,but it does not help me very much ...i want to buy a windows 10 license but to avoid surprises and wasted money ,i would like to know if this laptop is compatible and tested with windows 10

A:will windows 10 work on my dell laptop?

natalie 77,
Your computer does support Windows 10. You can click the links below for information installing Windows 10 as well as a drivers link.
Windows 10 Support
Inspiron 3558 Drivers, Downloads and Manuals
Drivers Help, Tutorials and Install Order

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19992021
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello,

I'm using a Lenovo ideapad U530. The best I can give you in terms of specs is this screenshot - http://i.imgur.com/K7y0kdm.png Otherwise, I don't know much about specs.

The reason I'm so worried about upgrading is that this laptop cost me a pretty penny, and I'd rather not have Windows 10 break something that can't be fixed. (especially since this laptop was bought just last year)

I've heard some people say their graphics drivers started crashing and freaking out after upgrading.

I want to make sure things will be fine.

A:Need opinions on how my laptop will work on Windows 10

If you have the upgrade ion in the taskbar opening that gives you a report telling you everything will be fine or if there are any problems what they are

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/126773-need-opinions-how-my-laptop-will-work-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I am trying to connect a Logtech wireless headset. I cannot find any settings for Bluetooth, or driver updates. On the bottom of the laptop I found the model number 15-1010wm. I tried connecting wth Control Panel>Devices and Printers, and the connect a device option. It found a phone, but not the headphones. In the summer I was looking in the settings and saw Bluetooth, either on my laptop or my siblings' (neither of them have Bluetooth options now). I have looked in Device Manager on mine and my siblings' laptop, and saw no Bluetooth. I have looked at multiple guides and none of them work. I know the headphones work because I connected them to my tablet.  Does anyone have any ideas or links to Bluetooth drivers that might help?

A:Can't Get Bluetooth to Work On Windows 8.1 Laptop

I remember a month or two ago Windows updated. This could be helpful.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Can-t-Get-Bluetooth-to-Work-On-Windows-8-1-Laptop/td-p/5854699
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi there everybody Loaded Windows onto my daughters laptop just before Christmas Everything worked great Suddenly around mid January most of the apps stopped working The computer is connected to the internet If I go to the desktop I can open Google Chrome or IE and browse no problem If I run IE from the tile it starts and works However I am having the following problems - Cannot connect to the on work Windows laptop won't 8 apps store - Cannot Windows 8 apps won't work on laptop connect to Bing sports - Windows Defender cannot update virus definitions - Windows tries checking for updates but it doesn't actually find any So I did a bit of searching to try and figure out how to update windows defender I found this post How-to Force Windows Defender Updates Everything Express I followed all the steps and shutdown Antimalware Service Executable quot I tried updating Windows No luck But I went back to the tile screen and tried the store and bind sports and they work no problem In my little pea brain this seems to be some sort of issue with windows defender Any idea what the proper fix would be Thanks Brian

A:Windows 8 apps won't work on laptop

can you think back to what was installed around that time?

video driver is a common culprit. so is installing a third-party antivirus or firewall. also, were any changes made to the router or network configuration? is this laptop able to connect to another network and have these apps/Windows Defender function properly?

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/19704-windows-8-apps-wont-work-laptop.html
Relevancy 44.72%

have about a year Toshiba laptop and I right [Help] wont laptop on Windows my XP work am having [Help] Windows XP wont work right on my laptop extreme trouble with it I am about to throw it out my third story window but I thought I [Help] Windows XP wont work right on my laptop should post here to see if any if you guys could help It all started about a month ago when my computer was running very slowly and one day I got a message saying message saying windows have to shut down due to a critical error So it shut down and when I tried to reboot it said windows could not run because of a missing windows directory and to run the recovery console on the windows XP CD Well the problem was that I don t have the window XP CD just the Toshiba recovery CD which formats the drive and automatically installs windows XP Well so I tried using the Toshiba Recovery CD but kept on getting either a bad system partition error it installed but when I restarted all I got was a blank screen like no operating system was installed or that same windows directory error About after the th try of using the Toshiba recovery CD I got windows installed successfully However it ran very very very slow even at the boot up I managed to run ad aware and a virus scanner and it found spy ware and viruses on it even though it was a clean install That s not my main problem though every time my computer went to sleep automatically after hr or so and came back up it would show that same windows error Saying that windows could not start because the windows system config system directory is missing So I ran the recovery CD again and the same thing happens once I finally get windows installed it goes to sleep and never gets back up successfully This has been an endless process So I got a couple questions to ask in order to attempt to fix this before I throw the damn thing out the window Anyone ever heard of this problem and a solution of windows not starting up properly after it automatically goes to sleep How it is possible for me to still have spy ware and viruses after I format it with the Toshiba recovery CD My CPU usage fluctuates from about to constantly I assume this is because of the spy ware and virus s but I ran ad-aware and it said I had processes and process modules What exactly are process modules and what are other reasons for my CPU usage to be so high I am running off a local area university connection connecting with my USB port is it possible the virus s and spy ware on getting on through there after I run the Toshiba recovery console Is there any diagnostics software program that can tell me the condition of my hard drive ram etc can of like a benchmarking program That s about it for now if you have any idea how to get my laptop back to normal health please respond Also can you give some tips and any routine maintenance you perform to prevent from something like this happening Thanks for your help David nbsp

A:[Help] Windows XP wont work right on my laptop

Instead of using the recovery cd, try to get a window xp cd from someone and do the clean installation again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-windows-xp-wont-work-right-on-my-laptop.338139/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi
So about a week ago I made the decision to update to windows 10, little did I know it was going to crash my laptop. what happens is my screen won't stop flashing. The icons on my screen appear and disappear over and over and over again. It never stops. It never stayz long enough for me to click on anything.

My question is, is there anything I can manually do, that won't erase the entirety of my hard drive, to either restore it back to windows 7 or just make windows 10 work?

I'd really love some advice, I honestly don't want to pay to have it checked out. (I'm a poor college student)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-upgraded-to-windows-10-now-my-laptop-wont-work.1154829/
Relevancy 44.29%

2days ago i shut down my laptop VAIO VGN-FW490J, half an hour later i turned on and windows did not start, the windows logo stuck on screen and then my laptop became hot and hotter while windows did not start and still windows logo stuck, i tried any other option even windows disk, it did not boot. i just saw black screen after press any button to boot from disk. i don't have back up disk unfortunately. what's the problem? just tell me, i need laptop for my M.A course

A:laptop's windows does'nt start, any other option does'nt work.\ why?

Hi milad325i, Welcome to the forums , 1st off have a read of this tutorial then post back with the results Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/299837-laptops-windows-doesnt-start-any-other-option-doesnt-work-why.html
Relevancy 44.29%

How do I get back into my laptop when I have locked myself out and can't remember the password?

A:Will that previous answer work on a windows 10 laptop?

Lexiboo Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about being locked out of your PC and wanted to help. Your post has been split off into its own thread, so there is no "previous answer" for us to see.Here are some password recovery steps you can try: Forgot the Sign-in Password (Win10) | HP® Customer SupportGood Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------Please click "Accept As Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.Please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on the left of the Reply button to say thanks fopr my help.========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Will-that-previous-answer-work-on-a-windows-10-laptop/td-p/5591424
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi The laptop I use for work appears to have contracted the UKash Virus Canadian Version It is running Windows XP SP and on Work Windows XP Ukash running laptop Virus can no longer seemingly access the internet I have done some reading on the topic and have tried a few things by downloading programs to a USB stick on another PC and trying to run those programs from Safe Mode Networking on the infected PC Attempted to install MalwareBytes on the infected laptop However I ran into a problem on the install saying Run Time Error - failed to load control vbalGrid from vbalgrid ocx - I then uninstalled the software Attempted to install HitmanProKickstart on a USB stick and Ukash Virus on Work laptop running Windows XP then boot the infected laptop from the USB stick However it gave me an error SA not found which I think it a result of PointSec running on the PC I have done some more reading on the topic and am looking at Combofix but I'm concerned about screwing something else up without being supervised As I mentioned it's a work laptop and probably a result of me installing something like BitTorrent or something else our IT people would not be happy about so I am trying to solve the problem without their involvement Any advice Thanks in advance Edit Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum Animal

A:Ukash Virus on Work laptop running Windows XP

Welcome aboard  Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at Step 6.  If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<==  Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/484577/ukash-virus-on-work-laptop-running-windows-xp/
Relevancy 43.86%

recently downloaded total recorder and i have seemed to hav deleted the soundcard when installing it somehow? i restored my computer and fixed it, then it seemed to be running slowly. I then restored it again to what i thought would be an earlier state but...... no sound card again and so i have lost a restore place... grrrr. i have tried unistalling and reinstalling Realtek but it says installion failed still... there seems to be a problem??? ALSO the DRVSTORE in the system32 is blue so dont kno if its thats the problem??

any help please :)

A:No sound on laptop, running windows 7,no update seems to work :/

Run sfc /scannow

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-sound-on-laptop-running-windows-7-no-update-seems-to-work-682649.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Since i bought my HP windows  beats sound smart touch laptop the audio on the laptop and the webcam will not work PLEASE HELP

A:My sound won't work on my HP smart touch windows laptop

@Beckyville5410?, welcome to the forum. When requesting help you should always include the make/model (i.e. p6-xxxx) of the computer and/or monitor. This information is necessary for us to review the specifications of them.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/My-sound-won-t-work-on-my-HP-smart-touch-windows-laptop/td-p/5685117
Relevancy 43.86%

Both use windows 7. Its the old version of photoeditor that came out in 1998.

I'm using Home Premium

A:Solved: Why does Windows PHotoeditor work on my laptop and not on my desktop

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-why-does-windows-photoeditor-work-on-my-laptop-and-not-on-my-desktop.1028875/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello,
I have a Dell XPS M1530 laptop with 4gigs of Ram running Windows 7 Professional. I have a 465GB HD with 356 GB free. Will windows 10 pro work?

thanks in advance.

A:Will Windows work on a Dell XPS M1530 laptop with 4GIGs of Ram

Originally Posted by tippy

Hello,
I have a Dell XPS M1530 laptop with 4gigs of Ram running Windows 7 Professional. I have a 465GB HD with 356 GB free. Will windows 10 pro work?

thanks in advance.

Most likely possible. I installed Win10 on a Dell Studio 17/1747 a couple of days ago that had Win7. Have also installed it on 2 Dell Inspiron 15 Notebooks, just finished one. One thing to watch for is perhaps the need for updated/Win10 compatible drivers for Wireless Network and, if you have it, Bluetooth Wireless [both of my 15s needed it] but check support.dell.com with your Service Tag to be sure.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/13896-will-windows-work-dell-xps-m1530-laptop-4gigs-ram.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi guys I bought a refurb Lenovo laptop and while I like it a lot on getting Lenovo Windows to properly 7 work Trouble laptop I wonder if the hardware is not really playing nicely with Windows It's a T laptop Intel Core i processor i - M with dual-core Intel Centrino Advanced-N GB Ram Installed my own SSD Samsung GB I am basically having svchost high CPU usage and RAM Since this has threads it seems to be hogging of the threats all the time hence the CPU is at rather than the classic Windows update as well infinitely checks for updates Tried to install dotNet so I can use the Lenovo system update to get the drives and that too just hags during installation after the download is complete I Trouble getting Windows 7 to properly work on Lenovo laptop have a feeling is this svchost problem But what is the problem The svchost hogging starts after the fresh install of Win What can I do to diagnose edit I decided to format again everything and keep watching task manager to see Trouble getting Windows 7 to properly work on Lenovo laptop when something abrupt happens Everything was fine until I introduced the CD key and activated windows As soon as that happens svchost system stays at on thread and the RAM ussage went from k to over GB while I was watching it Trouble getting Windows 7 to properly work on Lenovo laptop in the span of a few minutes

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/392781-trouble-getting-windows-7-properly-work-lenovo-laptop.html
Relevancy 43.86%

So I was using Windows 8 on my Samsung laptop, but a little while ago I decided to switch it to windows 7 home premium 64 bit since I didn't really like 8.. since then a lot of the build in keyboard functions have stopped working (understandably). Most of the F1-12 keys would control things like volume, screen brightness, wifi connection etc. I can live without using most of them since they are able to be changed elsewhere, but the one thing I can't figure out how to use is the keyboards backlight. it worked when the computer was running windows 8, so obviously it HAS the hardware, but I don't know if windows 7 recognizes that it's there. Any ideas how to fix

A:Laptop keyboard backlight won't work after switching to windows 7

Hello and welcome spirit some decent system specs would be helpful mate because we need to know what we are working with http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/180324-system-info-see-your-system-specs.html

Now this is similar to a problem that I had with my new Asus laptop that had 8 and I had to make changes in the BIOS for certain things to happen like booting 7 for example. So as I have already said the specs please before we can even make a start.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/361266-laptop-keyboard-backlight-wont-work-after-switching-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I installed Windows 10 on my Daughters Gateway NV55C laptop and now the Elan touchpad won't work. I uninstalled the old driver and went to Gateways website and installed the new driver and it's still not working. The touchpad doesn't even show up when I click on the Elan tab in settings. I'm getting quite frustrated and any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Installed Windows 10 on Gateway Laptop now Touchpad won't work

Do you have a mouse plugged in? Some Notebooks automatically disable the touchpad when using an external mouse. Most Notebooks have a procedure for turning it off, sometimes a switch but most use the Fn key plus another Fx key to toggle it On or Off, these usually occur before the Operating System loads. What I do in such a circumstance is boot to a diagnostic CD disc or Linux LiveDVD to see what works.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/55681-installed-windows-10-gateway-laptop-now-touchpad-wont-work.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I'm using windows 8 pro which I upgraded from windows 7 home premium in january. After the upgrade, my e key stopped working. After another few months, more keys stopped working and now, no keys are working. What do I do?

A:Laptop keyboard doesn't work after upgrade to windows 8

does an external keyboard work

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/30185-laptop-keyboard-doesnt-work-after-upgrade-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 43.86%

So recently I have noticed that the touchscreen on my laptop no longer works, which I could live with, but I also noticed that when I mouse of the start button in the lower left and I click on it, nothing happens. Can someone please help me with what's going on.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Laptop-Touchscreen-and-windows-Start-button-won-t-work/td-p/5658983
Relevancy 43.43%

Hiya guys was hoping someone could help after i havnt been able to fix this About weeks ago my toshiba laptop running windows done an update which took a long time after it shut down and rebooted my login wouldnt work i cant remember what it said but it would either just sit at the logining in bit Windows 7 freezing, laptop login wont broken right work etc for ages or start up in a temp login I made Windows 7 laptop wont work right freezing, broken login etc a new one and transfered files over ive left the old login there as im not sure ive copied everything Anyway since the updating thing the laptop freezes and runs ridiculously slow when i Windows 7 laptop wont work right freezing, broken login etc start it up after an hour or so it starts to work fine again Another thing that happens as microsoft keeps flashing a notice saying it may be corrupted and to validate it so i do this legit check thing it tells me to but it doesnt fix anything and keeps asking me to do it Ive been through troubleshooters startup repair installed programs to look for issues viruses I just dont know what to try anymore Thanks Jess

A:Windows 7 laptop wont work right freezing, broken login etc

Hi and welcome to TSF have you tried this How to Run the System File Checker (Sfc.exe) Offline in Windows 7 and Vista - The Winhelponline Blog

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-laptop-wont-work-right-freezing-broken-login-etc-835769.html
Relevancy 43.43%

This is a Sony Viao that the model number is not listed on the sony site as a valid model number, it was full of viruses, and very slow to boot up, Windows installer is corrupt so I cannot uninstall anything or install any of the newer antivirus software recomended here.

I downloaded an update version of Windows installer and it worked once, after reboot I was back to the same problem I tried to install Bootvis and it said windows installer was not working or corrupt.

it is a friends computer and he did not get the sony xp discs with the computer, the lady cannot find them. So if i can fix this or can I install a legal xp disc I have and all the laptop drivers load alright since it is not listed on the sony site there is no support?

Viao PCG-Nv170

Thanks

Relevancy 43.43%

Hi all,
after upgrading to Windows 10, I see that my projector OPTOMA is not recognized via cable HDMI by my laptop ASUS X751L : no image with message 'source not found' !! (while the cable VGA works perfectly !) I suspected that it's a problem of driver but I don't know which is the missing driver ! ? Can someone help me ? Thanks a lot .

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/44792-hdmi-doesnt-work-after-upgrading-windows-10-asus-laptop.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello I recently upgraded my HP EliteBook w to windows using the ISO on a USB but I have multiple problems now The file explorer doesn t work and the mousepad freezes sometimes The scroll function on the mousepad doesn t work either and the laptop is a lot slower I ve installed the latest windows updates as well as windows drivers but that didn t help I also ran a sfc scannow and it found corrupt file s but couldn t fix and after won't file etc explorer upgrade 10 Laptop work windows slow them and told me to see CBS log I ll include CBS log here I don t really understand it to find the Laptop slow and file explorer won't work etc after windows 10 upgrade problem myself This didn t fix my problems though Then I ran dism exe online cleanup-image restorehealth with no luck At this point I created a new local account and the file explorer did work on that account but the speed and mousead problems were still there Then I proceeded with running the following in a powershell Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers Foreach Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register InstallLocation AppXManifest xml I recieved these errors Add-AppxPackage Deployment failed with HRESULT x D Det gick inte att installera paketet eftersom resurser som ndras av installationen anv nds error x Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed Microsoft Windows ShellExperienceHost cw n h txyewy App NOTE For additional information look for ActivityId b -e f- -c b-b fe d in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID b -e f- -c b-b fe d At line char s Foreach Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register I nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CategoryInfo nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp NotSpecified C Windows Syst ppXManifest xml String Add-AppxPackage Exception nbsp nbsp FullyQualifiedErrorId DeploymentError Microsoft Windows Appx PackageManager Commands AddAppxPackageCommandAdd-AppxPackage Deployment failed with HRESULT x D Det gick inte att installera paketet eftersom resurser som ndras av installationen anv nds error x Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed Microsoft LockApp cw n h txyewy WindowsDefaultLockScreen NOTE For additional information look for ActivityId b -e f- - -b fe d in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID b -e f- - -b fe d At line char s Foreach Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register I nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CategoryInfo nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp NotSpecified C Windows Syst ppXManifest xml String Add-AppxPackage Exception nbsp nbsp FullyQualifiedErrorId DeploymentError Microsoft Windows Appx PackageManager Commands AddAppxPackageCommandAt this point my only possible solution would be to do a clean install but I can t do that since I need the availability to downgrade to windows again if I can t get windows to work I know I usually can use a windows pro swedish ISO and use my product key to reinstall windows if needed but I can t do that with this laptop as far as I m aware The reason is that I got the laptop through my old school and never got a win pro CD or ISO On top of that I can t download it through microsofts website since I have an OEM product key used on multiple laptops Is there a way to fix this Or a way to reinstall windows pro later so I can try a clean install Thanks in advance

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,157552.0.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello I'm having a rather incredible problem with Windows Pro Sometimes after booting my notebook's keyboard doesn't work at all Some facts about all this to inform the diagnosis The keyboard doesn't work in Windows it does in the UEFI bios Ie randomly Windows 8: after work laptop doesn't keyboard booting I boot to windows and it doesn't work I then reboot test it in the bios and see that it works I go back to windows and it still doesn't work there It happens randomly maybe once every boot ups Definitly not always I think but aren't sure that it only happens when booting not when coming back from hibernation or sleep Unplugging the battery or the power cord doesn't help I'm fairly careful about malware and I don't think it's related I don't have any malware protection other than Windows' The System section of the Event Viewer only has one apparently relevant event quot The driver Driver WudfRd failed to load for the device ROOT WPD quot Notice this is related to a Logitec input driver and I'm having trouble with the notebook's built-in keyboard I never plugged a Logitec keyboard but I did use a Logitec mouse in the past Nevertheless I acted upon that event log Some pages elsewhere The driver Driver WUDFRd Windows 8: keyboard laptop randomly doesn't work after booting failed to load for the device error - Windows Help Forums suggested changing the Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework from Manual triggered to automatic It didn't help It has always solved itself after a random amount of time from a few minutes to an hour but today I won't go back to working There's no warning sign in the device manager The ps keyboard driver has a date though The notebook is an Asus U e https www asus com Notebooks Ultrabooks U E Thanks in advance for whatever help you can provide Event details Code - System - Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Guid C A - - D-ABD -E C EventID Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel System Computer santiago-asus - Security UserID S- - - - EventData DriverNameLength DriverName ROOT WPD Status FailureNameLength FailureName Driver WudfRd Version

A:Windows 8: keyboard laptop randomly doesn't work after booting

Some additional info:
It was suggested somewhere else that turning off Windows 8's fast boot option would help; it didn't.
I just completed a run of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and found nothing except for 4 autohotkey .bin files that seem ok for the rest of the AVs at virustotal.
Nothing relevant seems to be logged in the System log when the keyboard comes back up.

Thanks again!

(ps where's the edit link?)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-8-keyboard-laptop-randomly-doesnt-work-after-booting-731849.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi My Windows laptop is slow and freezes a lot Also sometimes the mouse stops working - it can move around but clicking doesn't work in my mouse or with my touchpad and I have to restart to fix that This is a work computer that I inherited from the person before me so it's possible that there are viruses who knows what on it I ran a Windows Defender scan and it came up clean Here's my dds and attach Thanks DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by hudi at on - - Microsoft Windows GMT - AV Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C doesn't mouse freezes, 8 Windows restart laptop until slow work sometimes and I Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system dwm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system AECLSr exe C Program Files Blue Coat K Web Protection k filter exe C Windows system BtwRSupportService exe c Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btwdins exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Remote Desktop remoting host exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Remote Desktop remoting host exe C Program Files CrashPlan CrashPlanService exe C Windows system dashost exe C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL jhi service exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows Windows 8 laptop slow and freezes, sometimes mouse doesn't work until I restart System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files x Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exe C Program Files x Microsoft Garage Mouse without Borders MouseWithoutBorders exe C Program Files x Microsoft Garage Mouse without Borders MouseWithoutBorders exe C Program Files x Common Files Intuit DataProtect QBIDPService exe C Program Files x RealNetworks RealDownloader rndlresolversvc exe C Program Files x CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system taskhostex exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files WindowsApps microsoft windowscommunicationsapps x wekyb d bbwe LiveComm exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer exe C Program Files x Microsoft Garage Mouse without Borders DDHelper exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Version tv w exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Version tv x exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Cirrus Logic Audio Panel CirrusAudioPanel Dell exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Box Sync BoxSyncHelper exe C Program Files x BitTorrent Sync BTSync exe C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe C Users hudi AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Box Sync BoxSync exe C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe C Program Files CrashPlan CrashPlanTray exe C Users hudi AppData Roaming cubby cubby exe C Program Files x Evernote Evernote Evernote exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files AutoHotkey AutoHotkey exe C Program Files x Everything Everything exe C Program Files x System Registration prodreg exe C Windows SysWOW RunDll exe C Program Files x Evernote Evernote EvernoteClipper exe C Program Files x Real RealPlayer Update real... Read more

A:Windows 8 laptop slow and freezes, sometimes mouse doesn't work until I restart

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===--RogueKiller--Download & SAVE to your Desktop RogueKiller for 32bit or Roguekiller for 64bit Quit all programs that you may have started.Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan!For Vista or Windows 7, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"For Windows XP, double-click to start.Wait until Prescan has finished ...Then Click on "Scan" buttonWait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"click on "delete"Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished"Click on "Report" and copy/paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your DesktopExit/Close RogueKiller+===Search and delete the AdWare, PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) installed on your computer.Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).=== Please downloadJunkware Removal Tool to your Desktop.Please close your security software to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or 7, right-mouse click it and select Run as administrator.The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete, depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your Desktop and will automatically open.Please post the contents of JRT.txt into your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM.Let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508047/windows-8-laptop-slow-and-freezes-sometimes-mouse-doesnt-work-until-i-restart/
Relevancy 43%

The title pretty much says it all. I'm honestly at the end of my rope. Device manager replies all is well, yet sound stopped working overnight.

It isn't muted,I'm not that oblivious.

I own Advanced System Care Pro ( and consequently, Driver Booster ) so I have already all of my drivers up to date, as well as any other problems I might have had.

Used a bunch of other scanners to figure out the problem to no avail. Plugging some headphones in also doesn't cut it, so it made me think that perhaps the hardware was actually fine and some software conflict was the cause of the problem. I have no freaking clue anymore, should I just get mad and yell at my computer for an hour or so to relieve stress now??

A:Laptop audio refuses to work, all devices work properly, sound isn't muted. Help?

First we need to know the EXACT make and model number of the laptop in question. Secondly the only place you should be looking for drivers for you laptop is the laptop manufacturers support website. Driver scanners really are not helpful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-audio-refuses-to-work-all-devices-work-properly-sound-isnt-muted-help.1118481/
Relevancy 43%

Got a second hand 40gb hard drive for my smasung vm7000 as the one its got is tiny. When inserted hard drive into lappy it comes up with disk read error press control alot del. However if put this in external closure works fine. This hd has win xp on it and still has some docs on it which the seller has asked me to copy to cd for him. Do I need to formatt and reload xp on it to work. Please help guys as am trying to give an aging laptop a new lease of life(and yes im upgrading the ram)

Relevancy 42.57%

A few days ago i had to reinstall my sound driver after updating windows and sometimes if i take out my speakers out of the speaker jack my speakers on the laptop wont work sometimes without shutting down my music program or it will be vise versa please help me out

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/207261-speakers-randomly-wont-work-sometimes-laptop-but-external-will-sometime-work.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Dear All
I'm using Dell Vostro 3350 now. After I upgrade Win 10 Pro, the Laptop Speaker doesn't work and can't give output any sound. But if I put my earphone, all of the sound include song work.
I use PC Doctor and scan the computer hardware but there is nothing found error on hardware and software. I also use windows update to scan all of the drivers, but it can't found any update drivers of this laptop. So what can I do next to fix the problem?
Thank you for member's attention

A:Laptop Speaker Doesn't Work But Using Earphone Work

Hello. Dell does not recommend installing Win10 on the Vostro 3350 model. Dell says, "If you choose to upgrade, some features, applications, and connected devices may not work as expected." To get the best performance from your laptop, revert it back to the previous operating system. You can google to find instructions for undoing Win10.
If you want to continue with Win10, then try to install the IDT Win8 audio driver using compatibility mode.
1. Click the link to go to the driver's page. Download and save the driver to your desktop or any convenient location on the hard drive. 2. Double click on the new folder to extract (unzip) the driver files.3. The extractor wizard will create a new folder for the driver files. It will be at "c:\dell\drivers\xxxxxx". Write down the exact location that the wizard creates. 4. If the driver begins to install automatically, halt (cancel) the installation.5. Browse to the driver files on the hard drive (the location you wrote down).6. Find the "setup.exe" file.7. Right click on setup.exe to open the context menu.8. Select the Properties.9. Select the Compatibility tab.10. Check the box "run this program in compatibility mode for"... Win8.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19981114
Relevancy 41.71%

I am running XP pro.
I purchased my Cruzer mini 1.0GB, plugged it into a usb on the main computer but could not get Explorer to recognize the drive. It will light up occasionally and sound is heard (dum dum + dah dum)plugging in and unplugging. It does have info on it in which I added by plugging into my laptop. I also renamed the drive Cruzer_1GB. It has no problems at all when used on my laptop or my spare pc (which all use xp pro) to exchange info.
My main computer recognizes my Cruzer Titanium 512MB and assigns it a drive letter. When I place both Cruzers side by side in laptop or my spare pc, it recognizes both, assigns different drive letters and exchanges info with no problems.
Obviously, its must be a setting of some sort. Please help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sandisk-mini-will-not-work-on-my-pc-but-does-work-in-my-laptop.46707/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi..

I hope someone can help...

I have a SONY VAIO PCG-GRT170 that is 4 and a half years old....the display has stopped displaying.....

Wehn I plug in an external VGA monitor, I can see everything on the monitor.

I did the Function F5 kek, I did the WIndows Logo and D key to refresh the laptop monito to no avial.

It just automnatically stopped displaying last night. I shut it down, and reboooted and still nothing.

Id the screen on the laptop shot? If so, it is repariable or am I out of luck?

Thank you all for your help.

A:Laptop Display not working on laptop, butg it does work on old monitor

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-display-not-working-on-laptop-butg-it-does-work-on-old-monitor.742900/
Relevancy 39.99%

Guys am new to forum forgive me for my errors

my laptop hard disk is not working on my laptop but work on my pc. when I connect it to lap it jest hang on posting(power on self test) but when I connect it to my pc it works. also when I boot with linux mint cd it shows that hard disk is not good

A:Laptop hard disk is not working on my laptop but work on my pc

The partition is good (assuming you can read data when attached to the PC) but the MBR is corrupted.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-hard-disk-is-not-working-on-my-laptop-but-work-on-my-pc.192107/
Relevancy 38.7%

What on EARTH process is always running in the background to make my hard drive chatter away for literally nearly - minutes work 10 work work HD my and makes Windows and work and after a bootup and we're talking with a FRESH install Some something is running a LOT in the background but task manager is absolutely worthless in pointing out what is going on It even gets to the point Windows 10 makes my HD work and work and work and work where after having the Edge browser opened and perusing the internet for awhile things get so bogged down and windows is too stupid to tell me exactly WHY it's bogged down things get to where even a mouse click is delayed upwards of seconds lol Sometimes things completely freeze and pushing the reset button is the only way out I've gone as far as downloading Avasts 'emergency startup' disc and booting from it thinking there might be a virus but it found nothing although I'm wondering if it's loading a small portion of windows which if it is and a virus or malware is in that small portion booting to the disc and running the anti-virus software is pointless maybe I should try it with a linux based emergency disc

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/67525-windows-10-makes-my-hd-work-work-work-work.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Today my laptop was working fine but then I shut it down and turned it on again, when I turned it back on, after the Starting Windows and windows logo disappear I get a blue screen for half a second then my computer try's to reboot, I've tried to use startup reapir but u just have a crusor with a background, safe mode also crashes, and when Im trying to boot up from my windows 7 USB, it is just stuck on setting up the installtion, please help, if this is a hardware problem im really gonna be Sad, if there is a way to wipe my hard drive please let me know, thanks

A:Windows won't boot, startup won't work, safe mode dosent work

Have you tried a new AC adaptor?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/348646-windows-wont-boot-startup-wont-work-safe-mode-dosent-work.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hia I ve been having problems with my computer I can t get task manager to work its green box is viewable on the bottom right but it restore task work, update/defender working to wro windows work, manager won't system doesn t open system restore won t work windows can t udpate neither task manager to work, system restore won't work, windows update/defender working wro can windows defender update or scan they both try to though and its slowing down my computer Here is my hyjack task manager to work, system restore won't work, windows update/defender working wro log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE task manager to work, system restore won't work, windows update/defender working wro Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare AWC exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkIcon exe C Program Files Lenovo NPDIRECT tpfnf sp exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Lenovo PM Driver PMHandler exe C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TpWAudAp exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Common Files Lenovo Scheduler scheduler proxy exe C Program Files Lenovo LenovoCare LPMGR EXE C Program Files Lenovo AwayTask AwaySch EXE C Program Files Lenovo Multimedia Center PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files ThinkVantage AMSG Amsg exe C Program Files Pure Networks Network Magic nmapp exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities ACTray exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities ACWLIcon exe C Program Files Lenovo Client Security Solution cssauth exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpWareSE exe C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMYPRT EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier G oogleToolbarNotifier exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Lenovo Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files WordWeb wweb exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Lenovo Bluetooth Software BtStackServer exe C Program Files Lenovo Client Security Solution tvtpwm tray exe C Windows system sdclt exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Last fm LastFM exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C USERS CLARA DOWNLOADS PROCESSEXPLORER PROCEXP E XE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http search orbitdownloader com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO btorbit com - B - B - -B F -F B EFC - C Program Files Orbitdownloader orbitcth dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO AskBar BHO - f d - - d - c -aa e ed - C Program Files AskBarDis bar bin askBar dll O - BHO Skype add-... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/task-manager-to-work-system-restore-wont-work-windows-update-defender-working-wro.821883/
Relevancy 37.41%

I cannot get Windows Media Encoder to home, Encoder work at does work Windows at Media doesn't work at all at home but I have no problems with it at work so I Windows Media Encoder doesn't work at home, does at work know I m not trying to do something with it that it can t handle At home every time I try to convert either an AVI or a VOB to WMV either using the wizard or the custom settings it lets me get through it all and then when it starts Windows Media Encoder doesn't work at home, does at work trying to encode it throws up the message quot Windows Media Encoder has encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience quot It never gives me any more information than this just crashes and closes I ve tried repairing it through the control panel as well as completely uninstalling it and reinstalling it but it hasn t helped At home I m running Windows XP Media Center At work where I ve never had it crash I m running Windows XP Professional Is there something in Media Center that causes it to crash Is there any patch I can download or thing I can do to get it to work on my home computer Thanks for your help nbsp

A:Windows Media Encoder doesn't work at home, does at work

I'm currently having the same problem . I open the .vob file set the output folder , settings etc etc . just as it was about to start converting , WME just stops and crashes . I use windows xp home edition so if your company's xp professional can make it work im thinking it is something in the professional edition which allows it to work not something in our edition that doesnt allow it to work. Are there any alternatives for encoding a video? i dont have much cash right now so i was hoping i might find some freeware alternatives . thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-encoder-doesnt-work-at-home-does-at-work.582955/
Relevancy 37.41%

System Laptop model HP - US OS windows bit Home Home Premium Several problems When I initiate Windows update I see there are important updates and opttional update However when it tries to download and install the updates windows update runs into problems and give the following error codes Code Code Code Tried networking does update, work, wireless not not Error windows does during work everything but Error during windows update, networking does not work, wireless does not work cannot get it to work No sound some kind of audio service is not starting i do not know what it means No wifi I see the wireless icon key with white light meaning the wireless is on and also the Ethernet port is lit white and occasional rapid blinking of amber light But cannot go on the internet The wireless router is connected to laptop via Ethernet cable No errors of any kind under device manager when the laptop is turned on and when the login screen appears the screen is very bright but as soon as i enter the first letter of the password the screen dims and stays dim Error during windows update, networking does not work, wireless does not work i am not sure why when the laptop is on and not used for few minutes the screen goes black but the laptop is still on but will not come back and only come back if the laptop is rebooted So far i have used cc cleaner but no luck cannot uninstall silverlight from control panel using add remove programs

A:Error during windows update, networking does not work, wireless does not work

Hope this helps.

For Win7 - Windows Update error 80246005http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Windows-Update-error-80246005
Other - You cannot install some updates or programshttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520520/error-during-windows-update-networking-does-not-work-wireless-does-not-work/
Relevancy 36.98%

Keyboard and USB dont work in windows but work in BIOS, i have also tried a ps/2 keybaord also not working in windows, i have tried safe mode, disabling driver sig enforcement, using different mice/keyboards, restored bios to default settings, ran sfc /scannow no errors detected, and still no luck any input would be amazing. I wanted to do a upgrade repair install of windows but you can only do that inside windows , basically trying everything before i have to wipe the HD and reinstall windows, i ran memcheck as well and no errors also as a sidenote it says my gpu is not found, when i have my monitor plugged into it, i am still receiving internet from ethernet.

I have windows ultimate x64
2.66 gHz processor 8gb of ram
1 TB harddrive 760 GTX GFX card

All devices work on other computers.

A:Keyboard and USB dont work in windows but work in BIOS

What were you doing on your computer when all this happened.
It's very unusual that not even a ps2 keyboard doesn't work.

Does you system boot at all into Windows 7 Normal mode of Safe Mode?
Your post is not clear to me.

If you can't boot Window 7 here is a tutorial with lot of test to do.

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

What power supply is in your system?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/364931-keyboard-usb-dont-work-windows-but-work-bios.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Alright guys, Windows update has been really messing with my pc lately. I ran update and when it installed the updates my integrated mouse ended up not working. I rolled back update and installed the updates one by one and the one I ended up not installing was the camera codec pack. Now the problem I am having is that my touchscreen won't work. If I talk to HP support they do the most basic thing they can and then when they can't fix it they tell me that I have to ship it to them because hardware is broken. (obviously not the case because uninstalling an update fixed my problem.) If you guys know what update is at fault or if you know how to diagnose the problem I would be grateful.

Thank you.

A:Mouse won't work now touchscreen won't work. Windows updat

There's no shortcut I know of. It's a matter of roll it back so the system works normally. Install the next update in the list. Test. Repeat.

Until you find the culprit.

It may be a good idea to write down the updates on a pad of paper as you install them. Over time it's easy to lose your place in the list. Especially with rebooting etc..

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/41232-mouse-wont-work-now-touchscreen-wont-work-windows-updat.html
Relevancy 36.55%

So I plugged a mac keyboard into my pc laptop and now ....

Some of the keys in my laptop keyboard work and some end up typing something completely different than what they are.

Anyone know how to fix this? I googled for a solution and couldn't find any results

A:Solved: Plugged a keyboard into my laptop. Now my laptop keyboard doesn't work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-plugged-a-keyboard-into-my-laptop-now-my-laptop-keyboard-doesnt-work.854159/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello I have an Asus M precision Desktop Computer I have a USB Wireless Adapter called Belkin N Here's a photo of the USB Adapter https i walmartimages com asr dc ddd d d jpeg The computer originally came windows work Wireless will but on work won't 7 Adapter windows on 10. with windows -bit However I didn't like windows so I switched to windows From scratch not downgrade I started having problems with the internet and everything So I decided to switch to windows The adapter worked fine on windows and I could game and everything However over the years I decided to get windows back I always liked windows if you were wondering why I went back Anyway this is the part when I start to have problems again I install the driver from the CD like always When in first use it's fine and works However when I shut Wireless Adapter won't work on windows 7 but will work on windows 10. off the computer and turn it back on it just fails I have to connect even though I put it as connect automatically and normally I have to trouble shoot it When I troubleshoot it this is what I get Imgur The most awesome images on the Internet Also When I go to device manager I get this Imgur The most awesome images on the Internet Strangely In the past when I had windows before switching to windows I installed the universal serial bus controller and the ethernet controller drivers but still had network issues PLEASE HELP I would appreciate it so much if you could help and give me instructions This is a very unique problem and a difficult one THANK YOU

A:Wireless Adapter won't work on windows 7 but will work on windows 10.

First thing to do is go to the Belkin site and check for a specific windows 7 Driver for the hardware dongle - if there is one available download and install the driver - It may be however that there is not such a driver available, if this is the case then you will have to replace the Dongle

As Windows 7 is now no longer supported fully, (security updates only - extended Support phase runs to 2020), some manufacturers are not providing drivers for it and this is likely to increase in future

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/402296-wireless-adapter-wont-work-windows-7-but-will-work-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 36.55%

I have checked everywhere online and I haven't found a single explanation for this I have user accounts Administrator initial user new user So the initial user is the one for work work one Apps don't Windows for others. but user, you are forced to create when first setting up Windows It's a local user meaning that I set it up without signing into a MSA In both the Administrator and the initial user all the WinRT apps tiles work Like the weather will show up and everything WITNESS Whether I change the Initial User to Standard or Administrator everything still works fine Of course the Administrator can't open WinRT apps which is standard and normal And the initial user can't use apps without signing into MSA But it all still works perfectly fine The problem is with the Windows Apps don't work for one user, but work for others. new user The new user is meant to be in Administrator mode because it's Windows Apps don't work for one user, but work for others. my main account But whether I set it up as Standard or Administrator it's the same thing None of my WinRT apps work WITNESS Even when I sign into my MSA with the new user Windows Apps don't work for one user, but work for others. it's still the same thing It synchronizes to my OneDrive online It recognizes that I'm completely signed in online Yet it's still the exact same thing with the WinRT apps None of them work Even when I try to open up the Windows Store It just continues to try to open but doesn't go all the way through So whether I'm signed into my MSA for the third user or not it still gives the same problem I ran Windows Update and it worked perfectly Everything is up to date

A:Windows Apps don't work for one user, but work for others.

I created a 4th account using an MSA instead of creating it as a local account. And it still has the same problem as the third account. Like I said, whether the account is created with an MSA or if an account was created as a local user, and signed into a MSA. It's the same extremely frustrating problem. I can't do anything like this.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/50804-windows-apps-dont-work-one-user-but-work-others.html
Relevancy 36.55%
Relevancy 36.12%

OK guys I need some serious help I was messing around at work and download a crack to an app I knew better but I clicked work Need Laptop Help with my the crack exe and as soon as I did that my norton became disable and network services called me and said to pull my box off the network because it had a virus So I loaded Need Help with my work Laptop avast and it found a virus and cleaned it off I then have ran adware pestpatrol ewido Housecall but will never finishn and closes IE cwshredder Avast anitspyware and tons of other but all detect something different but none fix the problem I really cannot afford to reload this laptop I have gigs worth of stuff on it and have no where to back it up When I boot up with no internet connection something caused my laptop to pop up and ask do you want to connect online or work off line So something is trying to go out to the internet Also when I do a scan with avast it gives a blue screen of death and crashes I have since loaded mcafee and it also detected and cleaned but the laptop is running very slow and I have multiple pop up when running IE I am a tech support manager and I do not know what else to try Please help I have attached my Hi-Jackthislog Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System basfipm exe C Program Files ewido anti-spyware guard exe C Program Files Firebird Firebird bin fbguard exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan Mcshield exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan VsTskMgr exe C Program Files lotus notes ntmulti exe C WINDOWS System RegSrvc exe C Program Files Firebird Firebird bin fbserver exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C PROGRA PESTPA PPControl exe C PROGRA PESTPA PPMemCheck exe C PROGRA PESTPA CookiePatrol exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXE C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Handspring Hotsync exe c Program Files Dell OpenManage Client Iap exe E tools HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize yco search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http v windowsupdate microsoft com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize yco search ie html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer presented by Comcast R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride cdn R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar ToolBar - C DEC - - e- CA -C AB - C Program Files Common Files FE - CD- - - MyToolBar dll file missing O - HKLM Run PRONoMgr exe C Program Files Intel PROSetWireless NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run PestPatrol Control Center c PROGRA PESTPA PPControl exe O - HKLM Run PPMemCheck c PROGRA PESTPA PPMemCheck exe O - HKLM Run CookiePatrol ... Read more

A:Need Help with my work Laptop

Hello xjohnholmes and welcome to TSF,

Please copy this page to Notepad and save to your desktop for reference as you will not have any browsers open while you are carrying out these instructions.

It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order/sequence.

Download and install CleanUp! but do not run it yet. (Not Recommended for XP64).

Download combofix from one of these locations:http://www.techsupportforum.com/sectools/combofix.exe
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/combofix.exe
**Save it to your desktop**

Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply

Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall

Please disable the following program(s) as they may interfere with the fixes below. You may re-enable them when we are through cleaning your system:

Windows Defender:Open Windows Defender.
Click on Tools, Options.
Scroll down and uncheck Turn on real-time protection (recommended).
After you uncheck this, click on the Save button and close Windows Defender.

-----------------------------------

Please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following:
1) Restart your computer
2) After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
3) Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
4) Use the up arrow key to highlight Safe Mode and press Enter.
5) Login with your usual account. Make sure to close any open browsers.

Open HijackThis and click on 'Do a System Scan Only'. Check the following entries if they exist (make sure you do not miss any)

R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O3 - Toolbar: ToolBar888 - {C004DEC2-2623-438e-9CA2-C9043AB28508} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\{309FE175-07CD-1033-0907-040408160001}\MyToolBar.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [satsgdh.dll] C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\satsgdh.dll,phmfx

Click 'Fix Checked' and close HijackThis.

*WARNING* Cleanup deletes EVERYTHING out of temp/temporary folders and does not make backups. If you have any documents or programs that are saved in any Temporary Folders, please make a backup of these before running CleanUp! or move them to a permanent location.

Open Cleanup! by double-clicking the icon on your desktop (or from the Start > All Programs menu). Set the program up as follows:
*Click "Options..."
*Move the arrow down to "Custom CleanUp!"
*Put a check next to the following:Empty Recycle Bins
Delete Cookies
Delete Prefetch files
Cleanup! All Users
Click on the "Temporary Files" and uncheck the box for "Scan drives for file matching" if it's checked.
Click OK
Press the CleanUp! button to start the program.

Reboot/logoff when prompted.

Reboot into Normal Mode.

Perform an online scan using Internet Explorer with Panda ActiveScan
** click on "Free use ActiveScan" located on the top right hand corner Click Check Now & a 'pop up' window shall appear. *ensure that your pop up blocker doesn't block it
Enter your e-mail address, country, and state & click Scan Now ...begins downloading 8 MB Panda's ActiveX controls
Begin the scan by selecting My Computer If it finds any malware, it will offer you a report.
Please ignore any entry it finds and wants you to buy the program for removal as we will address this later.
Click on see report. Then click Save report

Run comobfix.exe once again.

--------------------... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/need-help-with-my-work-laptop-120805.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Problem 1 : For start i have to press "esc"  Ref : Image 1  Problem 2: After open OS, automatically open below image window and keyboards behave mysteriously i.e keyboards are malfunctioning. How can I solve this problem  ?Ref  Image 2

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Laptop-not-work/td-p/5621851
Relevancy 36.12%

Problem 1 : for starting i have to press "esc" for run the OS Reference  : Picture No. 1   Problem 2 : After Start, Below window automatically come up. After showing that window keyboards not work properly i.e keyboard Malfunctioning    Please advice how can i solve this problem.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Laptop-not-work/td-p/5622886
Relevancy 36.12%

See my post on my desktop for details on that problem that MAY be resolved soon Topic referenced is here http www bleepingcomputer com forums t logs-from-attachtxt Laptop Work OB For my work laptop I left it Work Laptop with our IT guy and he could Work Laptop fix it without going to the nuclear option This is reformat the HD and 'image' it with a generic computer That is with XP Pro Windows Office and a few other generic program Problem is I have some D modeling programs and many files associated with those programs that would be lost I could copy the files but I could also copy the problem Reinstalling the programs is very time consuming DVD to install each and then customizing the settings not something I look forward to This laptop will not link to the internet I have done nothing at this time except scan again with Malwarebyte which found nothing This was that same version that I scanned with back in Work Laptop May and found so things and afterwards the internet stopped working I did this with the desktop and the same thing happened I didn't use it for a week and it was back Not so luck with the laptop I could scan with Superantispyware I have it on a thumb drive I will await instruction I need to get this Laptop up and running be Tuesday I have a business trip to go on and need this laptop

A:Work Laptop

OK, So to get the desktop to work(see my other topic) I needed to use it to make an image of XP pro with SP3 because I kept getting errors on the Desktop. All went well and I was copying that file to a thumbdrive and left for a few minutes. When I can back it had blanked out (like going into standby mode) but I had changed the times of that and hibernation to never when its plugged into A/C, which it was this time. Its always comes back on when I move the mouse or touch any key. Not this time. I get a 'Log on' screen and nowhere to log on. All users are missing. Only users are me and Admin(also me). I decide to just forget it and reload XP sp2 and if it wiped out some programs and files so be it. I have the programs and the files are backed up. I get an error message. I can't even get in even via Safe mode. Whats the deal? Before everything was working except I couldn't log on the the internet. Now I can't even get to the computer at all.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/330245/work-laptop/
Relevancy 36.12%

OK so there I was at work I decided to pop up I Need Laptop! Help Work With E and get some ideas of tattoos I was on a site and Need Help With Work Laptop! all of a sudden the laptop froze and IE was Not Responding CTRL ALT DEL and got rid of IE finally Then Outlook wasnt responding CTRL ALT DEL to shut down this time It went to synchronize b c of the network at work it said pending for a long time so I just held the power button in to shut it down Upon Start Up it shows the Windows XP screen with the blue bar going back and forth then to the Gateway Screen then the black screen that says push F for start up goes to a black screen that says quot We apologize for the inconvenience but Windows did not start successfully A recent hardware or software change might have caused this If your computer stopped responding restarted unexpectedly or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders choose Last Known good Config to revert to the most recent settings that worked If a previous startup attempt was interrrupted due to a power failure or b c the Power or Reset button was pressed or if you aren t sure what caused teh problem choose Start Windows Normally quot Then it lists quot Safe Mode quot quot Safe Mode w Networking quot quot Safe Mode with Command Prompt quot quot Last Known Good Config quot and quot Start Windows Normally quot Safe Mode S M w networking and S M with C P all do the same thing which scrolls down through a list of locations like quot multi disk rdisk partition Windows system Drivers Last known and Start normally go to the Windows Screen then Gateway and right back to the black screen with all of that junk above HELP This is my work computer I really don t want to involve the network guy incase I did something bad and don t want to get in trouble Any help is appreciated thanks so much

A:Need Help With Work Laptop!

Bummer, sounds like an all out crash/worm. Whenever you go to safemode, and it goes through all these locations, does it freeze at any point?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/65051/need-help-with-work-laptop/
Relevancy 36.12%

I have an HP Pavillion dv that was in perfect working condition until yesterday when I know this is disgusting I My HELP Still Laptop Get Wet, Work? Can It To Got PLEASE my dog threw up all over the keyboard I quickly flipped it over to drain off as My Laptop Got Wet, Can I Still Get It To Work? PLEASE HELP much as possible removed the battery and wiped as much of the yuck off of the computer as My Laptop Got Wet, Can I Still Get It To Work? PLEASE HELP possible I removed a few of the keys that were really gross and cleaned underneath them I let the laptop air dry for a day and now I m trying to get it to work again I pushed the power button and all the little blue lights come on and I can hear the fan working but nothing else The screen remains black and when I try to shut the computer off again I have to remove the battery My Laptop Got Wet, Can I Still Get It To Work? PLEASE HELP in order to do it because there is no response from the power button I m really hoping that my laptop is not ruined If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate them Thanks so much nbsp

Relevancy 36.12%

Note: I am on my desktop. So my laptop is down and won't run any programs after logging in. When i log in it prompts me with an error saying "the program (fsui.exe) won't start because UXCore.dll is missing". I would simply download the .dll but my laptop is unresponsive to everything besides logging off through control+alt+delete and moving the mouse. Whenever i try to open a browser or start a program the mouse simply displays the loading symbol and doesn't do anything. Please help.

A:Laptop Won't work

Goto MsConfig and clear check for FSUI.EXE temporary
It's for Family Safety.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-work.1056924/
Relevancy 36.12%

Acer V5 591G model laptop. It has preinstallted Hynix HMA451S6AFR8N-TF 4gb 2133Mhz ram. I want to add another 8 GB ram which is G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR4 SO-DIMM 2133Mhz. Will they work together as duel channel ?

A:4gb and 8gb ram will work together in a laptop ?

Hello, This model can support 12Gb (8+4) without any problems. I advise you to buy this Hynix memory module because this brand is randomly compatible.Original memory module of 8Gb:Spoiler (Highlight to read)Hynix HMA41GS6AFR8N-TF (TF=2133MHz)Hynix HMA41GS6AFR8N-TF (TF=2133MHz)

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/4gb-and-8gb-ram-will-work-together-in-a-laptop/td-p/426188/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 36.12%

A lot of laptops say their max RAM capacity is 2GB. Will most of them actually support 4GB? For future reference, I would like to know if there is a general rule for all laptops. But specifically, I am looking at a Dell E1405.

Relevancy 36.12%

My Dell Inspiron 1521 isn't booting. It gets past the stage where it loads past the opening Dell screen and then just freezes with a black screen. Any idea on how to fix this?

A:Laptop Won't Work

Please run Memtest on your Ram

This may help too:
Tutorial: No POST (Power On System Test)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-work.117389/
Relevancy 36.12%

I'm having a problem trying to connect my ps2 to my laptop in order to play the ps2 using my laptop's screen. I purchased a VGA adapter for my ps2. The Vga adapter connects to the ps2 in place of the A/V cable. The adapter has a female VGA port. Is there any way for me to play the PS2 using my laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ps2-on-laptop-wont-work.19745/
Relevancy 36.12%

Howdy,

You know the Computer Screen Glare Filter things you can get to stick over your screen... how effective are these does anyone know?

I want to be able to use my laptop, outside on a sunny day. Any chance?!

Alternatively i get one of these little fellas: http://www.theithelper.com/laptopshade.htm !!!

Cheers
amx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-in-the-sun-do-they-really-work.647884/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello all!

I've bought this laptop a few days ago http://www.geekwithlaptop.com/lenovo-g550-notebook and when I installed GTA IV on it it had really slow frame rate while playing, in fact I wasn't able to change anything under graphics, since I got a message that my memory is already exceeding, so I decided to return this laptop and replace it and I was looking at this two,

http://translate.google.com/transla...atellite-C650D-10E/1087438/toshibaShop/false/

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...hu&lang=hu&docname=c01994741&product=4115674#

so can you tell me if GTA IV would work smoothly on both of these?
cause I don't wanna buy it again and end up with poor frame rate as I don't wanna play like that.

Relevancy 36.12%

So a while ago, I was just watching some YouTube videos on my laptop and fell asleep with it still playing like I do on most nights. Then the next morning when I woke up it just wouldn't work, the screen was black but it was still lit up, and when I press the escape key, the bottom corner just says"Esc...pause startup"Sometimes when I turn it on, it shows the HP logo for a while before going to a black screen. whenever it's turned on, it occasionally makes little clicking sounds from the inside but i have no idea what that is.I'm really desperate since this is the only thing I really have since I no longer have a PC so any help would be appreciated, thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-laptop-just-won-t-work/td-p/5709283
Relevancy 36.12%

Im at work now so i dont have the specifics but i have a compaq laptop and when i turn it on it gets to the password screen i enter my password and hit enter and then the screen goes black i can still move the mouse but i cant do anything not even CTRL ALT DELETE it says it was disabled any one know whats going on about a month before this all my icons dissapeared

A:My laptop does not work

Try removing the hard drive, and put it off to the side. Install another hard drive and try installing Windows on it. If it works, you may be able to recover some files off the old drive using an external USB hard drive enclosure

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-does-not-work.124071/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi!!!
I've seemed to have loads of viruses and evil things like that, and I've tried to get rid off them but they won't go!!! Also my computer won't download anything (adobe flash player, msn etc)! Is this to do with the viruses?! Can you please help me solve both problems!! Xo

A:Laptop Won't Work

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/laptop-wont-work-382977.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I dropped my HP laptop with the power cord in.

Now when I push the power button all I hear are three clicks and nothing.

What are the possible problems?:
Something came loose
Hard drive was shocked

etc...

A:HP Laptop does not work

Was it on when you dropped it?
Was the case damaged anywhere?
If it was turned on, the hard drive was likely damaged, but you may still be able to recovery your data using a USB external drive.

One step at a time: with the power adapter removed, remove the case covers for memory, and hard drive.
Remove and replace every cable. Remove and reseat the memory modules. Remove and reseat the hard drive.
Remove the keyboard... Usually by removing 6 to 11 screws from the bottom, and two to five from the top.
With the keyboard removed, tip it upside down over a nice large sheet of white paper... like a poster paper or cardboard... look for chips, particles, plastic, black, green, or golden... any particles may indicate your motherboard has been damaged.
With the keyboard off, look for a wide, thin ribbon cable that is 1 to 1 3/4 inches wide. Remove and reseat that cable.
Look for an odd-shaped batter on a set of cables... red and black, green and white, green and yellow. Look for any wires unplugged.
You might want to invest in a new hard drive... depending on where you live, they may run from $44 to $88. You will always use it later when your regular hard drive wears out... assuming you fix it now.

Then get back to us.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laptop-does-not-work.133067/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hey,

I wanted to take a stick of 4GB ram out of my old laptop and put it in my new one.

I moved it across but it wasn't recognized by the new laptop.

I've used CPU-Z to see what type of RAM it is, could anyone please tell me if they should work in the same computer?

Thanks.

Relevancy 35.69%

After installing cypress touchpad driver to my laptop my touchpad will not work. Do I need to installl a different driver ro what?

A:itouchpad will not work on laptop

Hey mate, welcome to sevenforums

Let me know the full name of your computer. For now, try rolling the driver back: http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/16...ver.html?ltr=D

or you should be able to simply uninstall the cypress driver

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/245855-itouchpad-will-not-work-laptop.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I have problem with keyboard, its doing mistakes and some buttons doesn't even work.

First, after computer get wet by tea, my computer shut downed and doesn't start like a hour and a half. After that computer starts, I was top of the day until I saw that my keyboard is f***ed up.

Any tips please?

A:Laptop got wet, some keys don't work

Shut it down and dissassemble it as much as you are comfortable doing, then put it in front of a fan. A space heater on the lowest setting if you have one.

Unfortunately for you, you did about the worst thing possible after spilling a drink on it. You should not have tried to turn it back on. You should have left it off until you were reasonably sure everything was dried inside, and you should have tipped it upside down to get all the liquid possible out of it asap.

You might be able to take it mostly apart and wipe down everything with some high percentage isopropyl alcohol to clean it up some.

Alternative is to use a USB or bluetooth keyboard. But I wouldn't recommend running that system without making an attempt to clean up any residue left inside.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-got-wet-some-keys-dont-work.189181/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello Every one,
have a nice day!
please help to provide a solution by the given the answer of the question- Why do not work my laptop touch pad?
I have attached a file for your info.

thanks

A:Why do not work my laptop touchpad?

Make sure the touchpad hot key is enabled.

Disabling or Enabling the Touchpad Using the Hot Key | Dell

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/228901-why-do-not-work-my-laptop-touchpad.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I have a Sony Vaio SVT14115CXS, running Windows 8. The computer was working fine up til yesterday.  I did a normal shut down.  This morning when I tried to start it up, it gave me a blank white screen.  I tried Assist, Web and Sony buttons, nothing work.  can not go to BIOS.  no logo.  I tried the difference methods suggested on youtube.  I took out the RAM, put in another computer, it read.  I took out the hard drive, it read as an external.  what else can I do? any suggestion? 

A:laptop refuses to work, HELP!

Hello sindyc.

When you try to switch the laptop on, is it plugged in or running on battery?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583092/laptop-refuses-to-work-help/
Relevancy 35.69%

I Have a dell studio laptop with Windows install on it Few weeks ago sudently I couldn t watch any videos on any browsers installed on my laptop Explorer Firefox Chrome When I open won't work Videos laptop!!!!!!!!? on my a page that contains a video the page don t respond anymore I checked that I had the lastest version of adobe flashplayer and adobe shockwave player to be certain I redownloaded them The videos still couln t work So I started Videos won't work on my laptop!!!!!!!!? to search for some answers on the internet but I couldn t find any So I lunch a system restore and all went back to normal Videos won't work on my laptop!!!!!!!!? Few weeks later the same problem appends so I did a system restore again At this point I Videos won't work on my laptop!!!!!!!!? tought it was a problem with the windows update but when after the system restore I reinstall the updates the problem didn t show off Finally today I was watching a video on my laptop not on the internet and the player crashed I went on youtube to see if I could watch videos and gest what I can t I can t even see the ads that shows up in the yahoo homepage I ready the make an other system restore but I want to get rid of this problem once and for all CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME nbsp

A:Videos won't work on my laptop!!!!!!!!?

try this.. .. When you get it to boot normally, right click My Computer and select Properties option... Then click on the Hardware tab and then select the Device Manager... then have look on your video device and check if there is any yellow exclamation marks on it... if you having that then might b you have a corrupt driver you need to reinstall it...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/videos-wont-work-on-my-laptop.909682/
Relevancy 35.69%

I have an hp laptop running xp. Until last week, I had a microsoft mouse installed (hate the touchpad) and it worked great. Then out of the blue, It stopped working. I reinstalled drivers..still no go. Went out and bought a new mouse....same thing. My pc recognises the "mice" and installation is ok, and when choosing mouse options from the control panel, it is there, and i select it...but still no go. The touchpad still works, but neither "mice" do. Any ideas?

A:mouse won't work with laptop

No drivers are necessary for a mouse to work. Drivers provide only special functions. If you have installed drivers, remove them and try rebooting. Perhaps you selected the wrong ones if you were presented with a choice -- if you did that, it might explain the failure.

If this is an optical mouse -- does the light activate when connected?

In the device manager, is the mouse recognized under Human Interface Devices, as well as under Mice and other Pointing devices?

You should also verify whether other USB devices work from the USB port you have the mouse plugged into, assuming you are using a USB mouse -- for example a thumb drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-wont-work-with-laptop.483902/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi,

I'm not that good with computers so any answers need to be in the simplest of form please basically I got a dell D600 laptop from work today as they dont need them anymore. It runs of Windows XP professional but it still requires me to log on through our work system. My Director said I need to do a host of things but i wasnt really paying attention. How do I go about deleting this system and maybe loading up vista or xp home on to it so I use it for personal stuff?

Cheers

Relevancy 35.69%

Hey all, I recently got an amazing 20'' widescreen monitor (Dell UltraSharp™ 2007WFP 20.1" Widescreen LCD Flat Panel Monitor), problem is I have nothing to run it on now. So what I want to do is get a new laptop, but be able to use my monitor with it when the laptop is in my room. (keeping the high quality image I could have gotten with a PC).

Do you guys know of any good laptops that can do this? Or what extra cables/adapters I would need? I plan to use the laptop for media, school work, and web browsing (money really isn't an issue).

Thanks in advance!
-Matt

Relevancy 35.69%

Hi My computer seems to be infected I'm not sure what kind of malware it Laptop..tried everything..nothing seems Infected to work.. exactly is but possibly Trojan I don't have access to internet because of the following the error DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN and the windows troubleshoot says the ip utility program has stopped Infected Laptop..tried everything..nothing seems to work.. working but I've checked and neither proxy servers nor DNS settings seem to be causing it Even after I use Rkill I can't setup Malwarebytes there's a run time error that pops up or The only anti-malware program that I was able to run was SuperAntiSpyware and I've run the most in depth Infected Laptop..tried everything..nothing seems to work.. scan using that time although it removed a number of threats it doesn't seem to change much internet is not back on and I still cant setup Malwarebytes I really had no where else to turn I appreciate any help I can get thanks nbsp Addition txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp FRST txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads

A:Infected Laptop..tried everything..nothing seems to work..

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Remove these programs in bold via the Control Panel > Programs and Features applet.Image Logo (HKU\S-1-5-21-229189262-673764306-707130458-1001\...\{9563BC59-9556-4805-8CD4-886781779D8D}) (Version: 1.1.8 - Bus Rush corp) <==== ATTENTIONSetup (HKLM-x32\...\{7ADF667E-E14D-4D2C-827C-B0108F0D93BC}) (Version: - ) <==== ATTENTIONPress the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. This will open the RUN BOX.Type Notepad and and click the OK key.Please copy the entire contents of the code box below to the a new file. 
start

CreateRestorePoint:
EmptyTemp:
CloseProcesses:

() C:\Program Files (x86)\A4D4DE77-1447744054-7D49-AA6F-D850E64772B9\hnsm39F2.tmp
() C:\Program Files (x86)\A4D4DE77-1447744054-7D49-AA6F-D850E64772B9\jnst183F.tmp
() C:\Users\ARIAN\AppData\Roaming\NetService\netservice.exe
() C:\Program Files (x86)\A4D4DE77-1447744054-7D49-AA6F-D850E64772B9\knsxEDAF.tmpfs
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [Chrome] => C:\Users\ARIAN\AppData\Local\Temp\msconfig.exe [28672 2015-11-16] (ChromePower) <===== ATTENTION
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [ospd_us_013010146] => [X]
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [gmsd_ca_005010146] => [X]
ShellExecuteHooks-x32: Groove GFS Stub Execution Hook - {B5A7F190-DDA6-4420-B3BA-52453494E6CD} - E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\GROOVEEX.DLL No File [ ]
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers-x32: [Groove Explorer Icon Overlay 1 (GFS Unread Stub)] -> {99FD978C-D287-4F50-827F-B2C658EDA8E7} => E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\GROOVEEX.DLL No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers-x32: [Groove Explorer Icon Overlay 2 (GFS Stub)] -> {AB5C5600-7E6E-4B06-9197-9ECEF74D31CC} => E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\GROOVEEX.DLL No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers-x32: [Groove Explorer Icon Overlay 3 (GFS Folder)] -> {16F3DD56-1AF5-4347-846D-7C10C4192619} => E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\GROOVEEX.DLL No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers-x32: [Groove Explorer Icon Overlay 4 (GFS Unread Mark)] -> {2916C86E-86A6-43FE-8112-43ABE6BF8DCC} => E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\GROOVEEX.DLL No File
Winsock: Catalog9 01 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Ohybom.dll [289128 2015-11-16] ()
Winsock: Catalog9 02 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Ohybom.dll [289128 2015-11-16] ()
Winsock: Catalog9 03 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Ohybom.dll [289128 2015-11-16] ()
Winsock: Catalog9 04 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Ohybom.dll [289128 2015-11-16] ()
Winsock: Catalog9-x64 01 C:\Windows\system32\Ohybom64.dll [375144 2015-11-16] ()
Winsock: Catalog9-x64 02 C:\Windows\system32\Ohybom64.dll [375144 2015-11-16] ()
Winsock: Catalog9-x64 03 C:\Windows\system32\Ohybom64.dll [375144 2015-11-16] ()
Winsock: Catalog9-x64 04 C:\Windows\system32\Ohybom64.dll [375144 2015-11-16] ()
Winsock: Catalog9-x64 16 C:\Windows\system32\Ohybom64.dll [375144 2015-11-16] ()
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-229189262-673764306-707130458-1001 -> {015DB5FA-EAFB-4592-A95B-F44D3EE87FA9} URL = hxxp://www.trovi.com/Results.aspx?gd=&ctid=CT3333887&octid=EB_ORIGINAL_CTID&ISID=M3E3B73C6-48EF-4532-A157-DB25A06AFE89&SearchSource=58&CUI=&UM=8&UP=SPD376809F-7E8E-4EB9-B90B-FF75E52EE75D&D=111615&q={searchTerms}&SSPV=
BHO: IDM integration (IDMIEHlprObj Class) -> {0055C089-8582-441B-A0BF-17B458C2A3A8} -> D:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager\IDMIECC64.dll [2015-08-28] (Internet Download Manager, Tonec Inc.)
BHO-x32: IDM integration (IDMIEHlprObj Class) -> {0055C089-8582-441B-A0BF-17B458C2A3A8} -> D:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager\IDMIECC.dll => No File
BHO-x32: Groove GFS Browser Helper -> {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} -> E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Offic... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596675/infected-laptoptried-everythingnothing-seems-to-work/
Relevancy 35.69%

Last Saturday my computer started acting funny The mouse lagged The internet was freezing The entire computer was sloooooow scans work what? laptop...now on No Then I got a Blue Screen but it came and went too quick for me to read and write what the error was When the computer came back on it No scans work on laptop...now what? was doing a CHKDSK I didn't use my computer until Sunday afternoon and when I did it was still running rather slowly so I decided to run my MalwareBytes and AVG Antivirus Both indicates pretty quickly that there were infections on the computer But they would freeze up No scans work on laptop...now what? a quarter way through the scan and not finish For MalwareBytes for example it took hours to scan files Clearly there are far more files on my computer than and who knows how long it would have taken I cannot install Windows Updates I have downloaded and executed a number of different programs all of which freeze in the middle of the process I downloaded HiJackThis and it can't create a log I have tried sfc scannow and it gives me an error message as well I have tried all these things in Safe Mode and even in safe mode it will not execute I did look at the Event Viewer back to around the time it started acting funny and around that particular time there were a lot of errors with the name iaStor which according to Google seems to be a virus The problem is without an ability to scan I am unsure how to get the computer cleaned up Once the computer gets working it is fine Symptoms Upon booting up the computer it takes a long time to boot up Everything seems to be Not Responding at first Eventually I am able to bring up the task manager and close all the programs that are eating up memory Most of the time about minutes after booting up a little box pops up about Windows Explorer not responding and I click to close and nothing happens Another weird thing is several minutes after the computer is turned on the Windows sound goes the one that plays when a computer is first booted up Once that sound plays all the other programs seem to come to life and from there I am able to at least use the internet Suggestions

A:No scans work on laptop...now what?

Download Screen317 Security Check and save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt
* Please post the contents of that document.

Please download and run RKill by Grinler. A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear.
This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully. At worst the tool will run for about 2 minutes
Important: Do not reboot your computer until you complete the next step.
* Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
* Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
* Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
* Click on the Scan button (only once)
* AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
* After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
* Click on the Clean button (only once)
* Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
* Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
* After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
* Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
* A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.

Please download Junkware Removal Tool by thisisu and save it to your Desktop.
* Close all open programs and shut down any protection/security software now to avoid potential conflicts.
* Double-click on JRT.exe to run the tool.
* Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
* The tool will open and start scanning your system.
* Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
* On completion, a log file named JRT.txt will automatically open and be saved to your Desktop.
* Copy and paste the contents of JRT.txt in your next reply.These tools will search for and remove many potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), adware, toolbars, browser hijackers, extensions, add-ons, browser helper objects (BHOs) and other junkware to include many related registry entires (values, keys)

Run ESETOnlineScanner Please use Internet Explorer as the scanner uses ActiveX
If you will not use Internet Explorer, please see 3 - 1 & 3 - 2
1 .Hold down Control (Ctrl) key, and click on This link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
2 .Click the eset online button.
3 .For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
3 - 1 .Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
3 - 2 .Double click on esetsmartinstaller_enu on your desktop.
Vista, Windows 7 & 8 users should Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
4 .Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
5 .Click the Start button.
6 .Accept any security warnings from your browser.
7 .Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
8 .Click Advanced settings and select the following:* Scan potentially unwanted applications
* Scan for potentially unsafe applications
* Enable Anti-Stealth technology
9 .ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer.
* Please be patient as this will take some time.
10 .When the scan completes, click List Threats
11 .Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan.
- Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
12 .Click the Back button.
13 .Click the Finish button.
* NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.

Now Update your copy of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and run a Quick Scan
Remove (tick) any found infections, and Reboot if requested.
Please post the results of the scan back here -

Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516389/no-scans-work-on-laptopnow-what/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hey all,
I have a Dell laptop and he has a serious problem:
when i'm trying to turn on the pc it doesn't work i'm pressing the On button and it doesn't work.
and If I plug in the charger its making a weird noise (Sometimes it makes noise without the charger too).

Please help I dont know how to fix this

A:My laptop Doesn't work Please Help!

What's the model name and model number of that Dell laptop?

What's the "service tag" number and/or "express service code" number on it?

Is it running Windows XP or Vista or 7 or 8, 32-bit or 64-bit?

----------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-doesnt-work-please-help.1135590/
Relevancy 35.69%

I upgraded from W7 to W10 recently. I have two ID?s on the same laptop. One functions fine and I can ?Personalize? the desktop on it. However the other ID won?t allow me to ?Personalize? the desktop. I right click on the screen and nothing appears. W10 is ?Activated? on both ID?s. I have tried all of the downloads and setting-changes recommendations that I have seen on Google searches (including Microsoft, Tenforum, etc.) and none appear to work in this situation. I don?t want to create a new ID and then transfer all files to this new ID as someone else has suggested. Short of reinstalling W10 again is there any solution?

A:W10 Personalization won't work on one of 2 ID's on same laptop

It might be worth comparing the two ID's. Please open a command prompt and enter the following command:
wmic useraccount list full

Post back the results for your two IDs so that we can see if there are any differences.

A tutorial that explains this command in more detail is: User Account Details - View in Windows 10

Also you can enter the command: net localgroup administrators

This will verify all the administrators on your system.

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/41382-w10-personalization-wont-work-one-2-ids-same-laptop.html
Relevancy 35.69%

seeing as i dont have internet on my laptop i cant use the lab thingy but i have a 2.0 ghz intel core 2 duo for a laptop will i be able to play gears of war and bioshock and are there any major problems with them and vista?

Relevancy 35.69%

I turned my computer on normally earlier and went on to google chrome then the screen turned blue with loads of writing on the and it turned itself off. When I turned it back on it seemed normal until I entered my password and it came up with a sign saying "Preparing Your Desktop". It then comes up with what I think is the oldest version of windows and comes up with a notice saying that it cannot locate the System Profile and that it cannot access a windows service. Nothing works on it, I cannot access the Internet or my documents.
I tried to attach a video but it doesn't seem to work on my phone.
The laptop is a ASUS X52F running off Windows 7 Home Premium OA

Relevancy 35.69%

I have a HP pavilion g-6 series laptop core i 5 ... when ever i am working on my laptop it gets restart again and again ?? what might be the issue ..any solution ?

os== win 7 ultimate

A:my laptop restarts again and again during work

Might be heat, power, system corruption, malware, etc. Do you get an error message>? Is there anything listed in event viewer?

Please provide us with your Event Viewer administrative logs by following these steps:
Click Start Menu
Type eventvwr into Search programs and files (do not hit enter)
Right click eventvwr.exe and click Run as administrator
Expand Custom Views
Click Administrative Events
Right click Administrative Events
Save all Events in Custom View As...
Save them in a folder where you will remember which folder and save as Errors.evtx
Go to where you saved Errors.evtx
Right click Errors.evtx -> send to -> compressed (zipped) folder
Upload the .zip file here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/221184-my-laptop-restarts-again-again-during-work.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi i bought a laptop 2 tv cable, and it aid just to plug it in but no luck, are there any settings i should be changing or something else i should be doing??? please help its driving me crazy!!!

Relevancy 35.69%

Hey guys my laptop is being really confusing lately, it wont open any icons and when i click on them it says getnow download manager and has a giant loading screen come up. I think this happened when i clicked "open with," and now most of my icons dont do anything. I can get on to the internet but only if i right click on the icon on my taskbar and open a site i was on recently. Even when i go back to open with, none of the options work. I downloaded WinRAR a while ago and still have it but its not installed apparently and wont open. So im screwed. Please help!!

A:My Dell Laptop won't work

Welcome to TSG.

Run a full and uninterrupted scan using your installed antivirus and see what comes up.

Jenny

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-dell-laptop-wont-work.1072592/
Relevancy 35.69%

I have changed everything that she asked but she still sends me back to settings

A:why won't cortana work ON MY NEW LAPTOP

Hi Welcome to Windows Central. Here's a good link by HTG on Cortana. If you need more help, please join the form Here. How to Use and Configure Cortana on Windows 10

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443452-why-wont-cortana-work-my-new-laptop.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I just got myself a brand new PC with Windows 8.
My problem is getting my mic to work the same way it did with my laptop with windows 7 64 bit (Worked perfectly, microphone level at 47 and boost at 10db).
I've tried everything, and even with microphone level at 100 and boost to 30db its just alot of background noise and still low volume.
Disabled everything on the enhancement tab, and i've tried everything on the other forums. And yes, i've updated my Realtek drivers to the lastest version. So i'm down to maybe something with the motherboard, or bios?

Really need your help guys, i use Skype daily, and now its not working!

A:Why does my microphone work better on my laptop?

You might have a loose connection between the mic jack and the rear panel of the MB. Can you try to connect from the front panel ?

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/32025-why-does-my-microphone-work-better-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Ive been having problems with a virus lately. So i decided to purchase McAfee. Instead of going out and buying it, I bought it online where you can download it. But after restarting, the explorer.exe wont start up. And when i manually try to start it up, My Documents folder comes up. Anyone have any clues?

Relevancy 35.69%

I have a Gateway M-6817 Notebook and the "P" and the "[" key won't work on the keyboard. The keys push fine just nothing happens when pushed. Are there like two keys to some sort of circuit that would make just those two stop working? Any help is appreciated.

A:2 keys on my laptop don't work

Sometimes just cleaning out a keyboard does a world of good. It might be just dust underneath the pads that are causing the issue. If that fails you may be looking at a new keyboard. Jazz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-keys-on-my-laptop-dont-work.786628/
Relevancy 35.69%

So i split my time between being at home not working or being at another home("work") and not working. The DSL i have is supposedly faster at work (By $5 bucks a month)but despite doing the same things to forward ports, and limit bandwidth on downloads and uploads, configuring the router, listing the exceptions etc.. it is still considerably slower, and won't run a bandwidth test successfully Ports can download but not upload?. This is affecting my slacking off... a lot, by having to wait for Grateful Dead shows to download for waaay longer than i'm used to. Anybody know what i'm talking about here?Edit: Moved topic from Win 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:Taking your laptop to work.

Sorry for my first reply as I don't actually know what your talking about explain a little more detail please, Cheers

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/389842/taking-your-laptop-to-work/
Relevancy 35.69%

My wireless connection is really frustrating Everyone s laptops work in the house but mine it says that is has an excellent connection but it isn t actually connected because it doesn t work I ve tried resetting the router doing a system restore it used to work fine resetting the network pretty much everything a novice user can think of When you open the network connections one of them has a giant red X across it which obviously means it isn t working but how do i fix it and what is the problem i thought laptop on won't wireless work it could be a dead wireless won't work on laptop ethernet card so i took it in to best buy they said that it wireless won't work on laptop was probably it so they sent it off and later say quot well it works with our internet quot so nothing is wrong I don t know what else to do I also used my pc s internet wizard and it says this show details Oct Reply possible causes network cable issue network is no connected c- possible solution check your communication cable to be sure it is connected properly to the required communication device make sure that you are using the correct network cable a- possible causes router gateway network hub issue network is not connected c- possible solution check your devices to make sure they are powered on and that they are connected properly a- but the cables are connect and they are powered on help i m about to tear my hair out i dont even feel like i can take it anywhere after the best buy fiasco nbsp

A:wireless won't work on laptop

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-wont-work-on-laptop.770041/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi Guys I recently purchased a new HP computer running Windows Professional and tried to connect our old HP Officejet v printer to it Why my not laptop on on my does printer but work my pc new I had a look for the driver on the HP website but was told windows automatically installs the driver which it did But when i printed a document it only printed a quater of the page and then a message saying error appeared on my tool bar So i told the computer to forget Why does my printer work on my laptop but not on my new pc the printer and re-connected it to see if it has the same problem which it did Now heres the confusing bit I then connected the same printer to my laptop which is running Windows home premium and it worked perfectly fine but this laptop has the driver for Why does my printer work on my laptop but not on my new pc another printer I use so could it be due to this Thanks guys for taking the time out to read my problem and hope one Why does my printer work on my laptop but not on my new pc of you guys can help me Look forward to your reply

A:Why does my printer work on my laptop but not on my new pc

Install the driver from HP's website
http://www.hp.com/#Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/134331-why-does-my-printer-work-my-laptop-but-not-my-new-pc.html