Windows Support Forum

My Laptop Freezes

Q: My Laptop Freezes

My laptop has been freezing up, even when I would boot in safe mode.

It has a history of hard drive problems, so I just replaced the hard-drive.

But it still freezes up when I try to boot and run Acronis.

Is there anyway to tell what is causing this?

Thank you.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: My Laptop Freezes

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 41.71%

I created a usb boot drive with Rufus and , plugged it into a windows 10 pc that I want to upgrade! to windows 7 and all looked good because the bootdisk was accepted and said it was loading files to install windows but then just froze with the windows 7 logo.

I cant imagine , what the problem is afterall I booted from windows 10 , restart in uefi usb mode . All started well and then froze like that.

Everytime i try again it freezes on the windows 7 logo after install has started.

Is it possible to reinstall windows 7?

Possibly I did not make the right rufus , settings. Who knows what settings in Rufus to make? Or is this another problem again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/400883-asus-x552wa-laptop-freezes-when-installing-7-laptop.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have an Acer Aspire 5742 which is getting really annoying. if i move my laptop while its on it will freeze most times..easy way to solve that..dont move. which i now do but it has started freezing whenever im on the internet. thought it could be chrome so i reinstalled firefox, which interestingly didnt freeze straight away but made the computer really slow and eventually did freeze; tried internet explorer but froze again. Now im using an ethernet cable and it hasnt frozen once yet. Why is it freezing when i use wifi??

A:Laptop freezes when Im on my wifi or when i move the laptop

Welcome jburgess89.

This seems fairly odd, I suggest you check the hard drive connection, perhaps it is loose.

This video seems like it should show you how to take out hard drive. All you want to do is to make sure the cable is pushed in completely. How To Replace the Hard Drive in an Acer Aspire 5742 Series Notebook Laptop - YouTube

I think you can skip to minute 2:00. Remember to take battery out and unplug the power cable.

If you are not confident in doing this, then do not. You could damage something if you're not careful or too sure.

-----

How old is this laptop? If it is fairly new, is it still in warranty? Perhaps you could take it back to the place you got it from.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-freezes-when-im-on-my-wifi-or-when-i-move-the-laptop-605163.html
Relevancy 37.84%

dear sir ,,this is my first post ..i am searching for long time of a good solve website for my problem..but today i think i suceed..
my problem is very simple to understand..
my dell inspiron 5547 ..laptop freeze if it gets infected by malware and virus ,,and hangs ..also it will shows a problem that your system ran into a problem u need to restart..and continously restart and shows same problem..i am using mc cafe anti virus .then why it gets infected..and give me the permenant solution of my problem ..it often freezes without any virus and malware ....
i have window 8.1 pro ..i had reinstall my system but it does not effect ..

A:laptop freezes

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit (MBAR) to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting promp... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/581287/laptop-freezes/
Relevancy 37.84%

HI all

My dell laptop freezes when it connects to my wireless network.
Any ideas on this problem will be great.

thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-freezes.103059/
Relevancy 37.84%

hi

i have xp home edition sp 3 and ive had no problems until recently i would get a messages saying windows firewall is turned off even after i enabled it next time i start laptop same thing firewall turned off and the laptop started slowing down so i did avg scan avg spyware scan windows defender & spybot and removed everything that came up on the search.

now the laptop freezes completely after i have logged on, i went into safe mode and ran check disc nothing came up.

the last thing i installed was some windows updates cant remember what they were cause this have caused this?

please help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-freezes-after-i-log-in-325862.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi A week ago a restored it to its factory setting however after that I can't seem to use it properly because after it boots up it usually freezes up when I try to load applications like my browsers I tried to scan it by malwarebytes but no virus was found Currently I use it only in safe mode Please freezes Laptop always help I pasted the dds results below however I tried to attached the other file few time Laptop always freezes but it always fails Laptop always freezes so I uploaded it to shared com the download link is http www shared com document X LGo c attach html DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD NETWORK Internet Explorer Run by at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT AV AVG AntiVirus Enabled Updated E C - B - FA - AB - E CB ECD AV McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Disabled Updated - - EA -ABB - B EB SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Disabled Updated D B - E- - - C A SP AVG AntiVirus Enabled Updated B F C - Laptop always freezes - E- - BB D A FW McAfee Firewall Disabled BE ED - A B- FFF- EC-B C Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfevtps exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system ctfmon exe C Windows helppane exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp m aspire amp r l z v n r uDefault Page URL hxxp homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp m aspire amp r l z v n r mStart Page hxxp homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp m aspire amp r l z v n r mDefault Page URL hxxp homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp m aspire amp r l z v n r uURLSearchHooks McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c Program Files x McAfee SiteAdvisor McIEPlg dll mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO McAfee Phishing Filter B A- - A -B -BE AFE AB - c Program Files mcafee msk mskapbho dll BHO scriptproxy DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files x Common Files mcafee SystemCore ScriptSn dll BHO Partner BHO Class FF F - C - b -B BA-C DDD E C - C ProgramData Partner Partner dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO B C- C F- BF -B - A - lt orphaned gt BHO Google Toolbar Helper AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO B E -A B - A -B - CD E A FF - c Program Files x McAfee SiteAdvisor McIEPlg dll TB Google Toolbar C B - - D - B - A CD F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll TB McAfee SiteAdvisor Tool... Read more

A:Laptop always freezes

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/508654 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508654/laptop-always-freezes/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello I ve had a problem wih my laptop for a couple of weeks now It freezes usually about - minutes after I ve started using it The cursor moves but won t click on anything it s the quot waiting quot cursor the light blue circle Ctrl Laptop help freezes,please Alt Del doesn t work either nor does the quot windows quot key on the keyboard The quot On Laptop freezes,please help off quot key turns the screen black but the laptop keeps functioning keyboard lights and fan noise So the only way to switch it off is unplugging it After that I can restart the computer and usually I have no more problems this freezing problem usually only happens the first time I turn the Laptop freezes,please help pc on every day I have tried to search for viruses malware Laptop freezes,please help etc to defragment the hard drive and to clean the registry but the problem persists Another thing I ve tried switching the pc on without the internet I mean not switching the router on and it seems to work OK Sometimes if I wait enough time with the PC on without internet and then after a good while I switch on the router there s not the freezing problem I don t know what the problem is but I hope it s not some hardware problem that could eventually lead to a total crash or something This is the information on my laptop Purchased in may Packard Bell Easynote TN Intel Core DUO CPU T GHz RAM GB Bits Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack I d appreciate any help you could give me with this nbsp

Relevancy 37.84%

My kids are using my laptop on games on line. Now i noticed its running slow and always hangs/freezes. Please help..

A:Help! Laptop Freezes

What are you doing when it freezes hangs? Do you have an AV running? Do the games the kids play have high quality graphics etc? Does the laptop feel hot when it crashes?

I used to play some games on an older laptop and would get the same problems. It was due to the intense heat generated from the video card while playing games with high quality graphics. I think it go so hot it damaged some components inside the computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/166521/help-laptop-freezes/
Relevancy 37.84%

I've had this problem for a month now the screen freezes while able to move the mouse no way to shutdown except pressing the power button for like seconds or pulling the plug Here's what I've tried but failed - virus scans defragmenting freeing disk space checked the temp and fan cleaned the dust everything - registry cleaning made quite a difference performance wise but still freezes - safe mode the pc works much better in safe mode but still freezes after a longer while so i stopped all the services and startup programs from msgonfig but still nothing - I thought it might be network related since most of the freezes seemed to occur during heavy browsing and or downloads so i updated the wireless driver manually from the manufacturer website and frankly it made quite a difference the wireless reception was improved as well as the browsing and download speed and the freezing stopped but days later it froze again now it freezes almost instantly when it starts up in normal mode in safe mode it sometimes freezes when browsing or even doing nothing but also i can leave it downloading overnight without freezing Please guys give me any advice you laptop freezes... Please My me! help have Thank you

A:My laptop freezes... Please help me!

Off the top of my head I'd say your computer is overheating. Try downloading HWmonitor and monitoring your temperatures as close as you can to one of the lockups. After you get a good temp rating post it on here for clarification.

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-laptop-freezes-please-help-me-524612.html
Relevancy 37.84%

A few days ago my laptop started behaving strangely It turned off all by itself and for no apparent Freezes Laptop reason I wasn't in the middle of doing anything but I had left the computer on for quite a few hours prior to this happening This happened a few times but then it had trouble restarting It didn't shut off but froze durring re-start Other times after successfully being rebooted it started freezing durring virus Laptop Freezes scans and while videos ran I ran AVG and it found a trojan called Trojanhorse Generic LWU and quot fixed quot it So far the computer hasn't had a problem rebooting but it freezes when I run scandisc virus scan and when I try to defrag I met Matt in a chatroom who recomended I run HijackThis and post the Hijack log here Sooo here it is Thank Laptop Freezes you for your help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Sygate SPF smc exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC WINDOWS system ATWTUSB EXEC WINDOWS system WService EXEC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system DRIVERS WtSrv exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Mozilla Thunderbird thunderbird exeC Documents and Settings Shell Desktop HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http google icq com search search frame phpR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http google icq comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www stnationalbank com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a n amp pf laptopR - URLSearchHook ICQ Toolbar - F B - D - fe - A -BBB - C Program Files ICQToolbar toolbaru dllR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO PCTools Site Guard - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdsg dllO - BHO PCTools Browser Monitor - B A D D- - C -A - DF C AC - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdpb dllO - Toolbar ICQ Toolbar - F B - D - fe - A -BBB - C Program Files ICQToolbar toolbaru dllO - HKLM Run eabconfg cpl C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe StartO - HKLM Run Atwtusb RUNDLL FuncKey DLL ExtFuncCall AAO - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run WService WService EXEO - HKLM Run SmcService C PROGRA Sygate SPF smc exe -startguiO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - Extra context menu item amp ICQ Toolbar Search - res C Program Files ICQToolbar toolbaru dll SEARCH HTMLO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - ... Read more

A:Laptop Freezes

Oh no, the computer is slowing down again. The slowing down is happening suddenly, without the opening of extra windows or programs. If it helps, here is another HijackThis file:Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1Scan saved at 8:51:47 PM, on 8/16/2007Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.5730.0011)Running processes:C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\Program Files\Sygate\SPF\smc.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exeC:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXEC:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exeC:\Program Files\HPQ\Quick Launch Buttons\EabServr.exeC:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exeC:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\ATWTUSB.EXEC:\WINDOWS\system32\WService.EXEC:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exeC:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exeC:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\WtSrv.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG7\avgwb.datC:\Documents and Settings\Shell\Desktop\HijackThis.exeR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://google.icq.com/search/search_frame.phpR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://google.icq.comR0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.1stnationalbank.com/R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&a...n&pf=laptopR3 - URLSearchHook: ICQ Toolbar - {855F3B16-6D32-4fe6-8A56-BBB695989046} - C:\Program Files\ICQToolbar\toolbaru.dllR3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocxO2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dllO2 - BHO: PCTools Site Guard - {5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdsg.dllO2 - BHO: PCTools Browser Monitor - {B56A7D7D-6927-48C8-A975-17DF180C71AC} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdpb.dllO3 - Toolbar: ICQ Toolbar - {855F3B16-6D32-4fe6-8A56-BBB695989046} - C:\Program Files\ICQToolbar\toolbaru.dllO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eabconfg.cpl] C:\Program Files\HPQ\Quick Launch Buttons\EabServr.exe /StartO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Atwtusb] RUNDLL32 FuncKey.DLL,ExtFuncCall AAO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEn... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/104542/laptop-freezes/
Relevancy 37.84%

I have a Y700-15ISK.  I like the computer however, it freezes frequently and I have to do a hard shutdown.  I am using Windows 10, I've done all the diagnostics I can find with no luck.  The computer usually freezes when I am using Microsoft edge with the Adobe Flash and haven't been find anything on this either.  Any help would be much appreciated!!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Laptop-Freezes/td-p/3393801
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi I have an Acer aspire WLMi laptop that freezes I followed the tread for Bubbyworks and Flavallee and wondered if I could get the same help with my laptop laptop please help freezes I downloaded hijackthis and ran a scan and have the following log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at p m on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C laptop freezes please help WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost laptop freezes please help exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Acer Empowering Technology ePerformance MemCheck exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe c Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade Kernel TV CLCapSvc exe C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade Kernel CLML NTService CLMLServer exe C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade Kernel CLML NTService CLMLService exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Maxtor Sync SyncServices exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS System PAStiSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system vmnat exe C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade Kernel TV CLSched exe D Program Files VMware VMware Workstation vmware-authd exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity eDSloader exe C Acer Empowering Technology ePower ePower DMC exe C PROGRA LAUNCH LManager exe C Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery eRAgent exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe D Program Files VMware VMware Workstation vmware-tray exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system vmnetdhcp exe C Acer Empowering Technology Acer Empowering Framework Launcher exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiapsrv exe C WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Common Files PCSuite Services ServiceLayer exe C Program Files Common Files PCSuite Services NclBTHandler exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co nz R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Canon Easy Web Print Helper - F E- - E - AAF- BC A A BE - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint EWPBrowseLoader dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin d... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-freezes-please-help.820334/
Relevancy 37.84%

my HP Laptop is 2 months old which came with Windows 8.1 preinstalled

sometime it freezes or hangs

should i blame the Laptop or windows

does it happens frequently on your computer also or not

my 6 year dell laptop which has windows 7, never behaves like this

A:HP Laptop freezes

Hi makhan10,

Please try the following and see if the issue persist:
Open taskmanager
Go to the tab startupDisable everythingOpen msconfig (press windows logo + r, type msconfig and press enter)
Go to the tab servicesCheck 'Hide microsoft services'Uncheck all other servicesClick apply, click okReboot the system

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/70631-hp-laptop-freezes.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I've had this problem for a few month the screen help freezes... Please me! laptop My freezes while able My laptop freezes... Please help me! to move the mouse no way to shutdown except pressing the power button for like seconds or pulling the plug Here's what I've tried but failed - virus scans defragmenting freeing disk space checked the temp and fan cleaned the dust everything - registry cleaning made quite a difference performance wise but still freezes - safe mode the pc works much better in safe mode but still freezes after a longer while so i stopped all the services and startup programs from msgonfig but still nothing - I thought it might be network related since most of the freezes seemed to occur during heavy browsing and or downloads so i updated the wireless driver manually from the manufacturer website and frankly it made quite a difference the wireless reception was improved as well as the browsing and download speed and the freezing stopped but days later it froze again now it freezes almost instantly when it starts up in normal mode in safe mode it sometimes freezes when browsing or even doing nothing but also i can leave it downloading overnight without freezing - and last but not least i changed the HARD DRIVE but it still freezes much less frequent though probably because the system got formated and still fresh Please guys give me any advice you have Thank you

A:My laptop freezes... Please help me!

Run memtest86+ - http://www.techsupportforum.com/2863029-post5.html

Check Temps w/ SpeedFan - Download SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer

Try these 3 places for additional information -

1. WERCON -
START | type view | "View all Problem Reports" | 2x-click on line item for additional crash info

2. Reliability Monitor -
START | type perfmon /rel

3. Event Viewer -
START | type eventvwr.msc | Custom Views | Administrative Events

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/my-laptop-freezes-please-help-me-542451.html
Relevancy 37.84%

There is a problem with my Vaio Laptop It is years old and I am about done often freezes Laptop with its constant freezing problem The problem is I can never access a program of any type ex because it takes a while to load up Sometimes it works but the other times it doesn t I check the loading symbol and it blinks every second I waited minutes one time and nothing happened This is what happens in a timeline form seconds after startup Loading is done and desktop is shown minute after startup Popup Balloon says that I need to update stuff doesn t work because it isn t updating I tried many times to update it but it didn t work minute seconds after startup Computer freezes after I try to open Mozilla Firefox minute seconds after startup Restarts computer by unpluging the charger slot REPEAT if works then I will continue on with my day What I have done to the Popup Laptop freezes often Balloon at startup Close it Click it Ignore it and let it go away All with the Laptop freezes often same results It freezes

A:Laptop freezes often

Please try and boot into safe mode and see if you have the same issues.

Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard, when the boot menu appears select safe mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/367076/laptop-freezes-often/
Relevancy 37.84%

My dell Inspiron 5050 crashes on itself like the image below. mostly when playing game or watching game. what is the problem?can you please explain why this is happening? I recently exchanged my laptop. this fuzzy screen sometimes occur with craking noise too.
Screenshot by Lightshot

A:LAPTOP FREEZES

Bad video chip (attached to the laptop's motherboard) or RAM/memory can cause this kind of problem. Try running Memtest86+ on this laptop first. Report if any errors were found.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/laptop-freezes-996754.html
Relevancy 37.84%

My son did my laptop over for me yesterday.But it still freezes and driving me crazy.Hopefully someone can help me.Thank you in advance!

A:Laptop still freezes

did my laptop over for me yesterdayClick to expand...

No comment!

What did he do? What was wrong with it? What messages, if any.
Under what circumstances does it freeze?
What make and model?
What version of Windows or Linux?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-still-freezes.1147427/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi Guys I have a toshiba laptop with the vista.

For some reason I cannot connect to the internet..it jus freezes and thats it.

Can somebody help me??

A:My laptop freezes

when does it freezes, what are you doing before it freezes, does it unfreeze by itself or do you have to reboot???

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-laptop-freezes-500876.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello here's the problem My laptop will freeze up while in use My external mouse and the touchpad mouse will be frozen push any buttons and nothing happens I turn off the laptop then start it laptop freezes up and it works ok ALSO too many times I've gone to start it in the morning I will get the black screen with the windows logo and it will go laptop freezes up no further I have to turn it off and back on I have done the system repair several times but it has not found any problems At one startup I did I went into the startup utility and ran the check disc and memory program and it showed no problems It's been happening for several months I've just been putting up with it If I need to buy a new hard drive no problem or erase out the existing one and reload ok by me My laptop given to me approx years ago with a bad hard drive I bought an aftermarket hard drive and the discs from HP and loaded the system HP laptop G bit Windows Home Premium Malewarebytes free Microsoft Security Essentials Processor Intel Core i CPU M GHz RAM GB quot C quot disc of GB is about half full Me older generation not real good on these things Any thoughts thank you

A:laptop freezes up

Hello Richard mmm surprising no replies mate so why not try these for starters
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html < if necessary include the /f and /r in the command line as per Option2
- in safe mode
If you can keep it going long enough then these
http://www.superantispyware.com/
http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/
ADW download from bleeping computer delete any rubbish found with the malware scans
(NB If one is running Kaspersky security it may rant about ADW - just ignore it or disable Kaspersky while the ADW is being used)

If push comes to shove and you need to replace the hard drive then if you don't have to have a lot of space for what you use it for a SSD is great and also I would opt for an OEM edition - I would not be bothering with the HP stuff as almost invariably it will be loaded with stuff you do not need. If the SSD is say a 120GB then it will be ok for minimal use and a 250GB plenty any extra data can be stored on an external spinner but the choice is yours.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/367100-laptop-freezes-up.html
Relevancy 37.84%

My acer aspire one AOA150 with windows 7 ultimate SP1 decides to completly freeze each night at 00:00 GMT and i can not do anything (except turn off by taking power out or pressing power button till it kills itself)

i cant bring up task manager
the keyboard doesnt work

im guessing that explorer.exe dies (if its the same as in win XP)

is there anyway to fix this without a fresh install????

A:laptop freezes at 00:00

Maybe a Bios Update 1st, But boy have you got MSN's Family safety installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/158120-laptop-freezes-00-00-a.html
Relevancy 37.84%

When trying to install Win XP Home Edition my hp pavilion dv5116nr freezes at the "Setup is starting windows" screen. This happens continuously; any solution would be helpful.

Did you allow it to format the drive first?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-freezes.706343/
Relevancy 37.84%

hi guys well i could not download the Gmer program only DDS on my infected laptop here is the DDS report only see if u guys can help with laptop freezes. help still this yeah the Gmer program just wouldn't download I uploaded the attach txt also what should i do next ---- HERE IS THE DDS REPORT DDS Ver - - laptop still freezes. help - NTFSx Run by JOEy at on Sun Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV COMODO Antivirus On-access scanning enabled Outdated A - F - ef -AFC -F E A B AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k laptop still freezes. help DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Documents and Settings JOEy Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www yahoo com uSearch Bar hxxp search bearshare com sidebar html src ssb BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB D DEE F-DB - BEB- FF -E F A E A - No File IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C - hxxp update microsoft com windowsupdate v V Controls en x client wuweb site cab DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - - hxxp fpdownload macromedia com get flashplayer current swflash cab Handler linkscanner - F C- F - D -A D -FBDDE F D - c program files avg avg avgpp dll Notify avgrsstarter - avgrsstx dll Notify igfxcui - igfxdev dll SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - c windows system WPDShServiceObj dll SERVICES DRIVERS R Lbd Lbd c windows system drivers Lbd sys - - R TfFsMon TfFsMon c windows system drivers TfFsMon sys - - R TfSysMon TfSysMon c windows system drivers TfSysMon sys - - R AVG Anti-Spyware Driver AVG Anti-Spyware Driver c program files grisoft avg anti-spyware guard sys - - R AvgAsCln AVG Anti-Spyware Clean Driver c windows system drivers AvgAsCln sys - - R AvgLdx AVG Free AVI Loader Driver x c windows system drivers avgldx sys - - R AvgMfx AVG Free On-access Scanner Minifilter Driver x c windows system drivers avgmfx sys - - R AvgTdiX AVG Free Network Redirector c windows system drivers avgtdix sys - - R cmdGuard COMODO Internet Security Sandbox Driver c windows system drivers cmdguard sys - - R cmdHlp COMODO Internet Security Helper Driver c windows system drivers cmdhlp sys - - S SASKUTIL SASKUTIL c program files superantispyware saskutil sys -- gt c program files superantispyware SASKUTIL sys S TfNetMon TfNetMon c windows system drivers TfNetMon sys - - S a free a-squared Free Service c program files a-squared free a service exe - - S AVG Anti-Spyware Guard AVG Anti-Spyware Guard c program files grisoft avg anti-spyware guard exe - - S avg emc AVG Free E-mail Scanner c progra avg avg avgemc exe - - S avg wd AVG Free WatchDog c progra avg avg avgwdsvc exe - - S cmdAgent COMODO Internet Security Helper Service c program files comodo comodo internet security cmdagent exe - - S Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service c program files lavasoft ad-aware AAWService exe - - S MEGZK MEGZK c docume joey locals temp MEGZK exe - - S RWGRMAUVNQICI RWGRMAUVNQICI c docume joey locals temp RWGRMAUVNQICI exe - - S ThreatFire ThreatFire c program file... Read more

A:laptop still freezes. help

Hi presto36 and welcome to TSF.

Sorry for the delay in looking into your log, as we are extremely busy in this section of the forums. If you still require assistance and are not seeking help elsewhere, then please carry out my instructions.

Please subscribe to this thread so that you are notified when you receive a reply. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Add Subscription.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Multiple Antivirus

It appears that you are running two antivirus programs:

1) COMODO Antivirus
2) AVG Anti-Virus Free

It does not provide you with any extra protection though it may seem so. On the contrary these two programs may interfere with each other creating serious problems regarding security vulnerability as well as system stability. Uninstall COMODO Antivirus as it is out-dated.

Restart your computer after uninstalling the Antivirus

Please run DDS again and post back with the following logs: DDS.txt
Attach.txt

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/laptop-still-freezes-help-389935.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my laptop (Acer Aspire 1690):
Every time I boot, everything seems to work fine.
But, after about a minute, everything just freezes.
The cursor won't move, the buttons will not work - nothing.

I tried to restore the system in safe mode (and did so)
- but it didn't help.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide -
I really appreciate it.

George

A:Laptop freezes after 1 min

I have the same problem :(

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-freezes-after-1-min-229531.html
Relevancy 37.84%

My HP laptop freezes up with vertical zig zaggin lines and the cursor is a little rectangle. I have to hold down the power button to restart the laptop. It happens often, and I dont know what the problem is. Can someone please help!!!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-freezes-508849.html
Relevancy 37.84%

can anyone help me out cuz my laptop freezes everytime i hook up any kind of usb accessory. it freezes with my printer my flach drive and my mp3 player. dont know what to do i already updated my bios. so if anyone can help i'd be eternally grateful. thanx.

A:usb freezes laptop

try reinstalling your mobo drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-freezes-laptop.77852/
Relevancy 37.84%

I ve had my laptop for roughly a year and a half now and than way it Laptop freezes too often should it s finally decided to give me issues I m completely useless when it comes Laptop freezes way too often than it should to computers so bear Laptop freezes way too often than it should with me Recently whenever I play music on YouTube or iTunes the screen freezes up and the music either plays very slow or the the last bit loops over and over My laptop doesn t respond to anything and I need to press the power key till it shuts down and start it up again Not sure if this is relevant but a few months ago my harddrive died clicking sound and I had to get it replaced After that I got the BSOD once and when it started up again it said Unable to find operating system or something to that effect Worked fine after It used to freeze for a few seconds before but then go back to normal Now it doesn t unfreeze and I m not sure what to do I don t have any viruses and I ve defragged to no noticeable effect An issue I am aware of is that I need to change fix my fan It makes these weird squeaking noises and doesn t cool my laptop very well Specs Operating System MS Windows Home Premium -bit SP CPU Intel Core i M GHz C Arrandale nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard Sony Corporation VAIO N A C Graphics Generic PnP Monitor x Hz Intel reg Graphics Media Accelerator HD Hard Drives GB Seagate ST AS SATA C Ricoh Memory Stick Disk Device IDE Ricoh SD MMC Disk Device IDE Optical Drives Optiarc DVD RW AD- H Audio Realtek High Definition Audio

A:Laptop freezes way too often than it should

Hello,My thoughts:An issue I am aware of is that I need to change/fix my fan. It makes these weird squeaking noises and doesn't cool my laptop very well.If reported motherboard (68 ?C) and CPU (67 ?C) temperatures are during casual use, you can see how they could quickly rise when watching video. Having the fan fixed/replaced would be a good first step. Other things to do in the mean time:Make sure that the laptop isn't placed on a soft surface where the air intake, usually on the bottom of the laptop, could become blocked.Use a can of compressed air on the intake and exhaust vents (make sure the computer is off and unplugged). Some recommend using a vacuum on the exhaust while blowing air into the intake.Adjust the computer power settings via Control Panel to save power on components, to turn off hard drives sooner, allow stand-by or sleep, etc.Use a laptop cooling pad.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/466581/laptop-freezes-way-too-often-than-it-should/
Relevancy 37.84%

I am not sure this is the right forum or not I am not good at explaining stuff so I will do my best here I have had my laptop for almost one year It is a Toshiba with Vista The Hard Drive had to be replace just a little over a month after I got it I have had some minor freezing problems before A system repair startup repair or whatever Laptop freezes it is called seem to have no trouble Laptop freezes taking care of The other day my laptop started acting crazy and then just didn t want to startup right The Tobisha screen came on but after that the screen went black I decided to use the recovery disk and just return it back to factory form I had some problems but eventually I thought I got it straighten out During the final installations I get the msg saying do not interrupt After noticing the nothing was happening I check it out A msg popped up saying it couldn t find upgrade or patch After I clicked ok just to get things to advance everything else seem to have no trouble installing After all that finish everything seem normal Then for no reason the computer just froze on me No matter what I did it just froze I try to allow it enough time to get out of it but it just remain frozen I can go into safe mode and it seem to do just fine Although it did freeze up with me one time I am not sure if that is anything or not I was trying to see if I could install a virus protection Any idea on what this could be I hope I explain it I try doing a system repair scan and finishes in sec I never seen do that before I did another option on the recovery disk it showed nothing There was an error that did pop soon after the recovery part finish but I can t remember what it was called nbsp

A:Laptop freezes

Mitch999 said:

It is a Toshiba with Vista.Click to expand...

There may be a patch update or something like a pre-install driver you need to do(?)
But Toshiba make a lot of different laptops, have a look HERE, and check out any updates that need to be done
Any further help please reply with your Make and Model number

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-freezes.137306/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hey all,

I am new here and found the forums while doing a google search for a problem I have been having since 3 days.

My HPdv6500z laptop with Vista home premium has been running fine for a long time, recently it started to freeze randomnly. I can move the mouse,but unable to click on anything.
Sometimes it freezes when left idle for a few minutes and sometimes while I am working on it as well. I tried restoring it to a restore point that was around a week old, it didnt work.

I have run virus scan using McAfee and Spyware scan using Spybot.
Another thing worth noting is that I couldnt run these scans in normal mode, since the laptop froze after a few minutes. I ran them in safe mode and the laptop never freezes in safe mode.

What could be the problem?
I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks

A:HP laptop freezes

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwingrider

Hey all,

I am new here and found the forums while doing a google search for a problem I have been having since 3 days.

My HPdv6500z laptop with Vista home premium has been running fine for a long time, recently it started to freeze randomnly. I can move the mouse,but unable to click on anything.
Sometimes it freezes when left idle for a few minutes and sometimes while I am working on it as well. I tried restoring it to a restore point that was around a week old, it didnt work.

I have run virus scan using McAfee and Spyware scan using Spybot.
Another thing worth noting is that I couldnt run these scans in normal mode, since the laptop froze after a few minutes. I ran them in safe mode and the laptop never freezes in safe mode.

What could be the problem?
I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks

Could be a RAM error. Have you had your RAM checked? Could be faulty.

Or have you tried a new fresh reinstall of Windows? If so, does it still happen?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hp-laptop-freezes-273925.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi, I have a dell laptop and it keeps on freezing sometimes, but sometimes i pres ctrl+alt+del and it unfreezes but sometimes i have to shut down, any ideas what could be wrong guys. Thanks in Advance! LL

Hi Wilson, There are several hundred reasons that could cause this problem. For us to help you we are going to need a little more info.
Computer specs, hard drive, processor, ram, bios ver, ect.
Your level of computer literacy is always helpful too are you a novice, intermediate, or an expert. Also let us know when this problem started, if you have installed anything recently that may have caused this to happen for example. What programs are you running when this happens, what programs do you have in your startup, What antivirus program are you using? do you have a firewall as well? and any other useful info that might help us to help you. Remember we are trying to diagnose and solve this problem over a forum so we need this info to be of help. Ill look for your next post.

Thank you
Patmark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-freezes-502529.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Ok whenever I start a game called RaiderZ or PlanetSide Laptop freezes or Heroes of Newerth my computer just freezes without even going in to game I still see my desktop but everything is frozen and if I listen to music when I start RaiderZ for example in seconds after pressing start in RaiderZ launcher or even launching RaiderZ directly without launcher my computer will freeze making a sound quot TRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR quot because music also froze thus I cannot do anything Laptop freezes move Laptop freezes my mouse or use my keyboard the whole HDD the whole hardware is just frozen and I have to manually shut down my computer This didn't happen few months Laptop freezes ago I believe I have a virus in my hardware that has corrupted my hardware thought it might be BIOS virus but I don't know how to write a BIOS flash software into my USB Flash drive so I can flash it on BOOT not through windows I believe I have a hardware virus because every software that reads data from Hardware it is reading it wrong it is too high and I have no software running just NVidia and Skype that is all and my laptop is Dell vostro you can look it up it's a pretty powerful laptop For example temperature reading software is reading data wrong from hardware I know that it is a myth that you cannot access your hardware from a windows I see that they can Please I want to play this game I reinstalled my windows and first thing I installed was RaiderZ but it crashed my laptop again Well actually before I installed RaiderZ I set up windows firewall at it's highest security with highest integrity and encryption with certificates also I did that in Group policy for safety then I made encryption for Name Resolution for DNS in group policy and made IP Security setting but I think I remember doing this before few months ago and was playing RaiderZ fine with all those settings but I don't know exactly did I set up the same security settings as now then This is what I think is happening metaphorically with my hardware quot quot Nasty lil in it lol thank you please help Regards hour later Oh yep I have a hardware or so Called BIOS Virus in my system I just changed my BIOS password and HDD password HDD password comes second but the BIOS password that is required on boot - it still accepts the old password even though I changed it I changed it times and it accepts all three passwords Please help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/laptop-freezes-701250.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Not sure that this is an infection, but was suggested to repost here after trying the Vista forum. I have a Compaq Presario C700 Laptop running Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 that freezes within approximately 10 minutes of being booted. At this point a Hard restart is required. Nothing related shows in the Event Viewer logs. Thinking it might have a malware cause, I began to run the usual scans. Spybot came up clean. MBAM freezes every time at the following File C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\viafir2k_6aa613d6d\viairda.sys. Adaware freezes at C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\volume.inf_9320b452\volume.pnf.
The scans were done both in normal mode and Safe Mode with the same results. The computer itself does not freeze while in Safe Mode. I'm stumped here and appreciate any assistance

Hi let's run 2 good safe mode tools and see if they see something.Next run ATF and SAS:Note.. SAS doesn't open the registry hives for other user accounts on the system, so scans should be done from each user account.Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".From your regular user account..Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner and then SUPERAntiSpyware , Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..DO NOT run yet.Open SUPER from icon and install and Update itUnder Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)Using the F8 MethodRestart your computer. When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu. Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode. Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use Firefox or Opera browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.NOW Scan with SUPEROpen from the desktop icon or the program Files listOn the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.Perform a Complete scan. After scan,Verify they are all checked.Click OK on the summary screen to quarantine all found items.If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.Click Close to exit the program.Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/260308/laptop-freezes/
Relevancy 37.84%

Since last saturday my laptop freezes about minutes after it has been turned on I set my laptop back using a recovery point from last friday Which didn t help either The freezing goes as follows first the program which is currently active stops responding At that moment I can still open the start menu clicking on anything doesn t work however And after about seconds everything freezes and I have to reset the laptop in order to get it working again It doesn t freeze when it s in safe mode which is how I m posting this right now I thought it had to be a virus freezes Laptop min 5 after of some sort so I ve run Spybot Malwarebytes Kaspersky and Combofix Laptop freezes after 5 min All together they found a few problems but removing them didn t fix the freezing I was suggested by someone to run Hijackthis and have it checked out Through google I found this site In the sticky post the only thing mentioned was dds But that program doesn t seem to work in safe mode There is no error message or something so I have no idea where to look for a problem As far as I know I didn t install anything this weekend Oh and I m running windows vista Does anyone have any idea how to go about fixing this This is my hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Users Daan Desktop avira free antivirus en exe C Users Daan AppData Local Temp RarSFX presetup exe C Users Daan Desktop avira free antivirus en exe C Users Daan AppData Local Temp RarSFX presetup exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Users Daan Desktop HijackThis exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Pro DTShellHlp exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google nl R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale nl nl amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Help bij koppelingen - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Aanmelden - Help - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar no name - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - no file O - HKLM Run SynTPStart C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exe O - HKLM Run SMSERIAL C Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exe O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run IAAnotif C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe O - HKLM Run QPService quot C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe quot O - HKLM Run QlbCtrl ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe... Read more

A:Laptop freezes after 5 min

Hello Daano I will be helping with your computer problems.From this point on, it is very important that you refrain from doing anything else to your computer other than what I have requested of you.I do not mind if you browse the web, do basic tasks, or even test to see if the problem(s) you are experiencing are still occurring with the computer while we are working together, but do not run any tools/fixes unless I or another helper from this thread has asked you to do so.Remember that you came here for help, so allow us to help you If something does not run, make a detailed note of what problems you encountered along the way (exact error messages are preferred), but continue onto the next steps until you reach the end of my post.Always do the steps they are listed in (left to right, top to bottom).I prefer that you complete all the steps while you are in Normal Mode. However, I understand that sometimes this is not possible. If you are unsuccessful in getting a tool/fix to run from Normal Mode, but Safe Mode works, then use Safe Mode.If you have a question about something, do not hesitate to ask.Let's begin:__Please download and install CCleanerOpen CCleaner and click the Options buttonNow choose AdvancedUncheck everything here except for Skip User Account Control warningNow click the Cleaner button and press the Run Cleaner button at the bottom right of the program.If this is your first time running this program, a prompt may appear asking for confirmation to delete temporary files. Go ahead and proceed.__ Please download RogueKiller to your desktop.Now rename RogueKiller.exe to winlogon.exeDouble-click winlogon.exe to run. Right-click winlogon.exe and select "Run as administrator"When it opens, press the Scan buttonWhen the scan is finished, press the Delete button.Attach the latest numbered RKreport.txt from your desktop to your next post.__ Please download and run TDSSKillerVERY IMPORTANT: In the event that threats are detected, allow TDSSKiller to perform the default action by simply pressing the Continue button.Do NOT change the default action on your own unless instructed by a malware helper! Doing so may render your computer unbootable.If threats were detected, TDSSKiller will require a reboot in order to attempt to clean the system.After the scan is complete, you can find the TDSSKiller log at the root of your C: drive.
Example: C:\TDSSKiller.2.8.10.0_29.09.2012_00.22.50_log.txtPlease attach this file to your next reply.__ Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Important!! When you save the mbam-setup file, rename it to something random (such as 123abc.exe) before beginning the download.Malwarebytes may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet and double-click on the renamed file to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.Malwarebytes will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button and continue.If you cannot update Malwarebytes or use the Internet to download any files to the infected computer, manually update the database by following the instructions in FAQ Section A: 4. Issues.Under the Scanner tab, make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Click on the Scan button.When the scan is complete, click OK, then click the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked and then click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/469854/laptop-freezes-after-5-min/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi there, I have this huge problem with my laptop, it's always freezing. It's freezes about 10 to 15 times a day, even if I'm just working on Microsoft Office. Sometimes it freezes just after the boot. When it freezes nothing at all works, I can't do Ctrl+Alt+Del, I can't move the mouse and the only option is to remove the battery and then reboot it.
At first I thought it was a registry problem, so I downloaded a program to clean my registry but the freezing continued. Then I thought I had some sort of a virus but my scan showed that my computer is virus free. Then I downloaded Mestest86+ and ran a memory test but it showed that I have no memory problems.
I don't know what else can it be...Thanks in advance for any help.

Laptop specs (Toshiba Qosmio F50-11X):
CPU: Intel? Core? 2 Duo T9550
RAM: 4,096 (2,048 + 2,048) MB
HDD: 640 (320 + 320) GB

grrrrrr:

You haven't said whether you've tried a System Restore from Safe Mode.
Restoring to a point before the problems began may help.

Ardneh

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/240412-laptop-freezes.html
Relevancy 37.84%

my laptop freezes when i start playing this dvd, it freezes at the same point every time, how can i fix this?

A:LAptop Freezes

Hi joshto123,
Is this a film you are trying to watch? DVD players need a lot of Ram to play movies. How much Ram do you have on your laptop? Also have you checked for driver updates and bug fixes on the vendors website? Regards khayman.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-freezes.87622/
Relevancy 37.84%

Just looking to see if someone could check my PC (Laptop) out, it's been freezing up a lot and giving me a lot of issues. When the laptop freezes, it tends to freeze and then shut down on it's own. It also freezes stuff causing it to shut down as well.

I will be posting another post as well in a while for the desktop PC as well because it's been doing the same thing.

Here is my system information:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T3200 @ 2.00GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1978 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 797 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 142528 MB, Free - 92475 MB; D: Total - 10094 MB, Free - 1741 MB;
Motherboard: Wistron, 360C, 09.54, 2CE83822G2
Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 37.84%

Hey.. Ive had my laptop for about a year now and suddenly ive had this random freezes... Ive ran malwarebytes and super antispyware and theres no problem. What should my next step be????

A:Help.. Laptop Freezes

Please explain IN DETAIL when the freezes occur, what they are like, if they are momentary or if you have to reboot, what is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc), etc.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/407380/help-laptop-freezes/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi:

I?m using a Sony Vaio, model number is VGN-A317M

Running XP with all service packs

I "cleaned" up my system and deleted files I "thought" I didn?t need, and now my system freezes whenever I press ANY key on the keyboard, EXCEPT the mouse pad and left / right click. ALL other keys cause the system to freeze and I have to reboot.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEZ Help !!! What can I do to fix the problem ?

Thanks,
Andy

A:My Laptop Freezes ! PLEASE Help ...

boot to safemode, and check if it still freezes there, if its not, so its a software problem and u can try doing a system restore..
and if it still freezes up, try running the built in diagnostics test for your system..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-laptop-freezes-please-help-455142.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi all,
My Acer Netbook freezes randomly without any reasonable cause.
I wonder if anybody knows some logging software which can tell me what laptop was doing when it freeze?

Relevancy 37.84%

my laptop gets stuck or freezes regardless of what Im doing at the time there is no response to Control-alt-delete the keys all freeze my only option is to cold reboot the laptop I unknowingly got something from bittorrent that did not agree with the laptop Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows freezes laptop Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection SmcGui exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe laptop freezes C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http laptop freezes go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit C Windows system userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files Dell BAE BAE dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe O - HKLM Run OEM Mon exe C Windows OEM Mon exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C Windows system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C Windows system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C Windows system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run DELL Webcam Manager quot C Program Files Dell Dell Webcam Manager DellWMgr exe quot s O - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C Windows system WLTRAY exe O - HKLM Run dscactivate C Program Files Dell Support Center gs agent custom dsca exe O - HKLM Run PCMService quot C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Windows Mobile-based device management WINDIR WindowsMobile wmdcBase exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run masqform exe C Program Files PureEdge Viewer masqform exe -RunOnce O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp ProgramFiles SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exe O - HKCU Run ehTray exe C Windows ehome ehTray exe O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User NETWORK SERVICE O - Global Startup Device Detector lnk C Program Files Olympus DeviceDetector DevDtct exe O - Global Startup Digital Line Detect lnk C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe O - Global Startup QuickSet lnk C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra butto... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-freezes.769485/
Relevancy 37.84%

hi my laptop freezes when playing games and you need to completely remove power then turn back on.
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/D...DJMpqYvtzd7nth

not got a lot of knowledge on this and would like any tips at all
thanks

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

First off, please make sure that all of your drivers are up-to-date from the Dell website.

Secondly, your computer is overheating. If that report was taken while the PC was idle, then when gaming, your system will be crashing. A 80C degree CPU at idle is never good. Furthermore, your HDD is nearly reaching 50C which is a failure according to the SMART test. You are off by 3C currently. You need to address the heat issue to solve your issue.

Finally, I noticed you have some old versions of Java. Please uninstall all versions of Java and install the newest edition here: www.java.com

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-freezes-906290.html
Relevancy 37.84%

It seems to work great on safe mode.. but when I boot it up normally, it works great for the first 4 minutes and then after that it just completely freezes, no mouse movement or anything. What seems to be the problem?
Things Ive tried:
Virus scan - clean
chkdsk c: /f - didint help solve problem
Closed some start up programs - didnt work either

Please help! thanks!
Acer aspire one D250 running Windows 7

Relevancy 37.84%

I'm sure you have many topics on this sorry in advance...

My laptop randomly freezes. It's never done this before. It doesn't freeze for a short it time it freezes forever and I have to turn the laptop off by the power button....

Any guesses why my laptop freezes? Even when im running 1 file and not many it freezes

A:Laptop freezes.

Hello Antihiatus,
It really could be anything causing this, i would start by doing the basics,

CCleaner,
Malwarebytes,
Check what's running in startup "msconfig",
Run memtest,
Have you installed anything prior to this starting ?, (hardware or software).

Hope this helps, good luck and post your results.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/235332-laptop-freezes.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Well This is my Brother s laptop and he tell me it freezes when ever it goes into stand by And thats all about he said Sorry HiJack Log below ask for details if you want Thanks for reading trying Laptop freezes.. P S Note He isn t good with computers may have unknow virse But unlikey Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZONELABS vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Acer Empowering Technology ePerformance MemCheck exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Laptop freezes.. Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade Kernel TV CLCapSvc exe C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade Kernel CLML NTService CLMLServer exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade Kernel CLML NTService CLMLService exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade Kernel TV CLSched exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiapsrv exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery eRAgent exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade PCMService exe C Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity eDSloader exe C Acer Empowering Technology ePresentation ePresentation exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Acer Empowering Technology ePower ePower DMC exe C PROGRA LAUNCH QtZgAcer EXE C WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS system igfxext exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C DOCUME adam LOCALS Temp RtkBtMnt exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Acer Empowering Technology Acer Empowering Framework Launcher exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice BIN C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C PROGRA ZONELA ZONEAL MAILFR mantispm exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ssstars scr C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohClient exe C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin distnoted exe F HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http global acer com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - c Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Acer eDataSecurity Management - CBE B C- E - e-A DD- DB E - C WINDOWS system eDStoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Veoh Browser Plug-in - D - - -A B -AEFAF AB - C Pro... Read more

A:Laptop freezes..

<_<"

Anyone got any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-freezes.710036/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hey I have a question regarding my asus K JE laptop I bought this one about years ago I've been having the following problem ever since the purchase The laptop freezes randomly when I am doing stuff browsing the net installing something checking my e-mail especially outlook gaming whatever and it didn't bother me that much but now i'm getting quite sick of it This is because I recently wiped my hard drive and did a clean windows install without bloatware etc and this didn't fix my problem So what happens when the laptop freezes I can move my mouse can't click on stuff most of the times sometimes can and it will load up after the freeze and the blinking processor hard drive light thing dont know what it indicates exactly will stop blinking A couple of seconds before the freeze stops a rattling sound comes from the laptop and the light starts blinking again Then a lot Laptop freezes it unfreezes Usually this lasts a couple of minutes sometimes longer When I go to my system event viewer I see a lot of atapi errors with ID The description quot The driver detected a controller error on Device Ide IdePort quot Laptop freezes a lot The laptop works fine in Laptop freezes a lot safe mode no freezes so I'm thinking the hard drive is good Also did memtest for the ram fount no errors and I ran seagate dos mode long test for my hard drive It found error but that didn't fix the problem Maybe I need some drivers for my sata Laptop freezes a lot port or something I don't really now I x I'm thinking some drivers will fix this maybe new bios settings driver I would really like some help with this Thanks a lot in advance Regards Jasper

A:Laptop freezes a lot

Hiyya Jasper mate here is the driver site ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download K52Je

Let us know how you go.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/305992-laptop-freezes-lot.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Please help my laptop keeps freezing especially when typing anything I have to shut down via power button sometimes by unplugging snd removing battery The laptop is a yr old ei system rebadged ECS xp pro sp Intel R Celeron R M processor GHz MB RAM but on sticker says MB DDR Ram It got damaged a month ago so i bought a spares n repairs from ebay and merged the two keeping my hdd and motherboard had problems starting windows so formatted disk and reinstalled but had to use quick format as normal format stuck near end Ran fine for wk or so then started Laptop freezes freezing Any advice would be hugely appreciated posted via Mobile Device i after a bit of messing about i ve found it will freeze when i press on the casing above the keyboard And wont restart till i bend it slightly cracked m b or solder y does it freeze randomly then usually when typing Any ideas I still have the m Laptop freezes b and parts from the spares lappy nbsp

Relevancy 37.41%

Hi guys! Recently my laptop has been very slow and freezes a lot. Also, when I click on programs on the toolbar, the icons fade out and don't open. They open eventually. This usually happens when I first turn on my computer. I don't really know what information to give you guys, but if you need to know anything to help me with my predicament I will gladly tell ya. Thanks in advanced!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-slow-and-freezes-a-lot.1068872/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi I w/HJT after startup Laptop freezes log am unsure if Laptop freezes after startup w/HJT log its Laptop freezes after startup w/HJT log the Hdd failing or something else entirely I have plenty of disk space my memory fills up to - on normal mode before any applications could load so I am typing this from Laptop freezes after startup w/HJT log safe-mode considering I can t use normal mode My brother got some virus s out using avast and malware It was working fine until it automatically updated from the Dell website Now it s back to being slow with the same problem of freezing on start up So I ran avast and malware and they were unable to find anything as well as Mcafee I ran diagnostics recently and everything seems find physically at least I could still be wrong on that part Any help would be appreciated Thank you in advance Here is my HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe c PROGRA mcafee msc mcuimgr exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www mail yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll R - URLSearchHook no name - F B - D - fe - A -BBB - no file O - Hosts localhost O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO no name - FD D- A - e - D-DC B D - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - c program files mcafee virusscan scriptcl dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO CBrowserHelperObject Object - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files BAE BAE dll O - BHO Mininova-Vuze Toolbar - d d b-f dc- a-a ce- e d c - C Program Files Mininova-Vuze tbMin dll O - BHO SingleInstance Class - FDAD DA - A - FD - C - F AC - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTSingleInstance dll O - Toolbar amp Goog... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-freezes-after-startup-w-hjt-log.863595/
Relevancy 37.41%

I need help: My Gateway laptop freezes and I cannot open links even when not frozen.. Any sugestions, please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-gateway-laptop-freezes.1068144/
Relevancy 37.41%

I have a HP laptop windwos 7 Ie 8 dsl and at random My pc freezes up but only for a few secs ... after while it gets annoying . any ideas . I have run malware etc etc

A:laptop freezes up briefly

Try updating your Drivers and you need to provide your System info so that i can find the problem

Just reply me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-freezes-up-briefly.1068079/
Relevancy 37.41%

Bought a new laptop for my daughter for college back in mid-May. She is by no means a gamer; this will be used for college work with Office 2003, emails, and internet. She takes very good care of it.

Since she got it it has run smoothly. Other than updating Vista and loading Avast Free over a month ago, this laptop has been used primarily for Word Documents, some simple gaming like Mong-Jong, and once she ran a DVD movie.

Tonight she booted up w/o a hitch. After everything loaded she decided to play Mong-Jong. 3 minutes into the game it froze. The cursor won't move. Control-Alt-Delete does nothing. The power switch does nothing. Right now it is running on battery power. I can't reboot.

Compaq/HP V6310 with 1 gig of RAM, Turion 64 X2 T-50, 100gb harddrive, Vista Home Premium.

Certainly could use some suggestions. Thanks.

A:New Laptop Freezes: Won't Shut-Down

Things like this happen, the annoying thing about laptops are their battery, so you can't just hard shutdown from the wall. If you can remove the battery, then leave it out for a minute or so, then the laptop should boot properly.

Or if you're not confident with removing the battery, you can always just wait around for the battery to drain

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-laptop-freezes-wont-shut-down.82836/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello guys I m new in this forum and I m trying to get some help for my laptop let me try to explain the problem The laptop is a HP Pavilion Entertainment Core quad GHZ GB Ram Windows Vista Business GB HD amp GB free space I turn on the laptop and everything goes well it gets to windows and load everything perfect but SOMETIMES after to seconds when I try to do anything Like opening a folder open Internet Explorer or open a program like word or Windows sometimes Laptop on freezes excell the laptop just freezes it opens the file program I want to open but it stays loading it and it stays like that forever I let the laptop sometimes for hour to hours and stays the same I can t do nothing no CTRL ALT SUPR because it does nothing Laptop sometimes freezes on Windows just freezes loading the file program I want to open I have to shut down the laptop and turn it on again But this happens sometimes not every time i turn it on sometimes i can work perfectly and it s smooth with no problem at all I had a virus week ago and I deleted it with anti-spyware and with Norton Internet Security What I did is that I took my laptops hard drive out and put it in a pc and deleted the virus with the pc The laptop for some reason have KASPERSKY ANTIVIRUS but it didnt find any virus at all Anyway I hope someone can help me out I leave you guys here the HIJACKTHIS log file to see if anyone can help me out Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at p m on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows SYSTEM taskeng exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files SGPSA ie sh exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus klwtblfs exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil ActiveX exe C Users Claudia Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - C ED - E C- AE -A -A DE C E - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - ba d -b c - eb- f - d a f - no file O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO IEVkbdBHO - AB -E D - F -A A - FA CCA C - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus ievkbd dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D... Read more

A:Laptop sometimes freezes on Windows

Greetings Spriggan and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary. If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that. ===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance. Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me about it.
When you post your reply, do not use the button but use the button instead.
In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started ===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. Let's start with this please.===================================================Run Combofix in Vista/7--------------------Combofix is a very powerful tool and special attention must be taken to allow it to work properly. Please pay careful attention to the following instructions.sUBs, the author of Combofix, recommends you to uninstall AVG or CA Internet Security before running the program. If you have either of these programs on your computer please uninstall them using AppRemover which can be downloaded here. We will be sure to reinstall the Antivirus program once we are finished using Combofix.Please download ComboFix from one of these locations:

BleepingComputerForoSpywareSave Combofix.exe to your Desktop <-- Important!!!Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. (Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive.)Double click on Combofix.exe and follow the prompts. It is important you do not mouseclick while the program is running or it m... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/475233/laptop-sometimes-freezes-on-windows/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi I have a Toshiba Satellite running Vista and whenever I press my FN key it scrambles the screen and freezes my laptop. It is not a major issue but it is rather annoying when I want to use some of the other shortcuts. Does anyone know why this happens or how to fix it? If not I will just stop trying to use it. Thanks.

A:FN button freezes laptop

Does this happen only while in Windows? If so, the reason for the crash could be due to the Toshiba software that manages the FN key functionalities.

Two things you can try:
1) Upgrading your current Toshiba software (usually through a built-in updater tool)
2) Removing the program that controls the FN keys within Windows, most likely it's set to open at startup.

Here's a thread that briefly describes how to remove a startup item by using msconfig:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic109615.html

You can also download and use this tool to do so (easier):
http://www.techspot.com/downloads/938-msconfig-cleanup.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fn-button-freezes-laptop.135569/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hellooooooooo My Acer Extensa will freeze when it is idle for about - minutes When in this state the touchpad can be used but only in moving the mouse where the mouse would be constantly displaying the loading icon I have checked my Event Viewer and the following errors are those that are constantly occuring Under Application Error Idle. Laptop When Freezes An error occurred during decryption Information Server name is DOME MSSMLBIZ This is an informational message only No user action is required Information Laptop Freezes When Idle. Starting up database model Information Laptop Freezes When Idle. Starting up database msdb Error FallBack certificate initialization failed with error code Under System NOTE Before these logs two Information would occur sourcing from quot Event Log quot and would say Microsoft reg Windows reg Service Pack Multiprocessor Free followed by The Event log service was started on both pm Error The StyleXPService service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified Information The Fax service was successfully sent a stop control Error The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load SRTSPSRTSPXFurther notes I have not taken any other steps I always leave it on AC Power I have yet to see if this occurs on AC Power In order for me to continue the use of the laptop I must hold the power button until it s off and then press it to turn it on again - so a complete manual reboot Ugh that took a while this problem is veeeeeeeeeery annoying but I m in no rush to fix it but I would prefer fixing it so any ideas would be nice eh Cheers guys for your time

A:Laptop Freezes When Idle.

I would try updating the video driver, as this often is the cause of standby type problems.How to update a Windows hardware driver

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/160145/laptop-freezes-when-idle/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello, My laptop is continuously freezing after startup. I after booting up and logging in everything will load completely then will often freeze for 10mins to upwards of 50mins, and I will eventually get a Microsoft Explorer error and everything will disappear from my screen leaving up only my wallpaper. And all attempts at bringing up the task manager will not work.

A:Laptop Freezes after boot up

1) Does it work properly in safe mode?

2) What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

3) Have you run full scans with both your anti virus app and MalwareBytes?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/455927/laptop-freezes-after-boot-up/
Relevancy 37.41%

I have done all the scans and have added them below This problem started yesterday morning for no reason I can think of I haven t downloaded anything strange or unusual My laptop freezes all the time now and is almost entirely useless now Logfile of constantly! Laptop freezes Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x MagicDisc MagicDisc exe Laptop freezes constantly! C Program Files x Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Elaborate Bytes VirtualCloneDrive VCDDaemon exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files x Mozilla Laptop freezes constantly! Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD saui exe C Users Owner Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http search conduit com SearchSource amp CUI UN amp UM amp ctid CT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Canon Easy-WebPrint EX BHO - D AD-BFFF- F -BF B-A C FED - C Program Files x Canon Easy-WebPrint EX ewpexbho dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO - B E -A B - A -B - CD E A FF - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Canon Easy-WebPrint EX - D - C F- -BAB - A F C C F - C Program Files x Canon Easy-WebPrint EX ewpexhlp dll O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files x Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run mcui exe quot C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe quot runkey O - HKLM Run VirtualCloneDrive quot C Program Files x Elaborate Bytes VirtualCloneDrive VCDDaemon exe quot s O - HKLM Run APSDaemon quot C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe quot O - HKCU Run iCloudServices C Program Files x Common Files Apple Internet Services iCloudServices exe O - HKCU Run ApplePhotoStreams C Program Files x Common Files Apple Internet Services ApplePhotoStreams exe O - HKCU Run com apple dav bookmarks daemon C Program Files x Common Files Apple Internet Services BookmarkDAV client exe O - HKCU RunOnce FlashPlayerUpdate C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil Plugin exe -update plugin O - Startup MagicDisc lnk C Program Files x MagicDisc MagicDisc exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXC... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-freezes-constantly.1096250/
Relevancy 37.41%

My laptop freezes after using some programs After using them for like - min the computer totally freezes and i cannot use any key some freezes programs Laptop after using combination or anything else I restart my laptop and for the rest it works fine It started with the program Mumble after logging in my friends server and talking around min my laptop freezes We tried different programs to communicate like Teamspeak Skype and Steam mic chat but my laptop keeps freezing also my computer also freezes after playing a game it only happened to one game but i haven t tried other games this does mean its not only communication programs that do it but also other programs can activate the freeze I tried some methods like cleaning the fan with a vacuum Laptop freezes after using some programs and testing if its because of overheating and cleaning the computer with CCleaner but that wasn t the problem I need help from someone that perhaps knows the solution for this i hope i have given enough information My laptop specs are win home premium -bit intel core i CPU M GHz Gb RAM ATI mobility Radeon HD Gb nbsp

Relevancy 37.41%

Hi I am new to this forum however am not new to computers and I know my way around them more than the average person This time though I am completely stumped I've had this computer for over a year now and have been steadily playing video games on it This all started last Thursday at around pm I was playing TF with constantly. Laptop freezes some buddies and Laptop freezes constantly. it just suddenly froze I thought nothing of it since it IS a laptop and I am running a game on it so it's probably bound to happen sometime But upon rebooting it froze when I opened Ventrilo And then one more time on the login screen of Windows I left it and went to bed It continued more on Friday but then I booted in Safe Mode and system restored onto a save that was days earlier It still froze Earlier today Saturday I didn't pay attention to the boot screen but it took me to a debug menu I'm guessing It scanned my files and everything was fine It actually didn't freeze until an hour later And now I'm on Safe Mode with Networking on typing this because I have no idea what to do anymore I've heard that my hard-drive might be dying my Windows files are corrupt over-heating Although I don't believe it's overheating since it freezes when it's not running games too and that my laptop parts are dying down I am on an Alienware M x with Windows Bit Home Premium No disc drive so I don't believe I can reformat unless there's another way GB RAM GHz overclocked to GHz processor and a M video card Please somebody help me Thanks

A:Laptop freezes constantly.

It may be overheating. Have you used a can of compressed air and blown all the vents out?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-freezes-constantly-591037.html
Relevancy 37.41%

I hope I'm in the right thread.

I have a Gateway MX3225 Laptop that came with Windows XP. I just upgraded the laptop to Vista Ultimate. Now for some reason I keep loosing the Drivers for Synaptics and my mouse will freeze up. After I install the Drivers again it will work fine, but after a couple of
minutes. The Drivers are once again uninstalled and my mouse freezes up. I try to use a
wireless USB mouse, but the same thing happens to the USB mouse. It freezes up and likes the Drivers are not their anymore. Please someone help me its driving me nuts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-mouse-freezes-up.763333/
Relevancy 37.41%

I am running XP Home Edition on an old Thinkpad 600X with 384 MB Ram. I am experiencing problems with the video freezing up while the sound continues to play normally. If I try to play a long movies it will usually play about 30-50 minutes before it freezes up. If at that point I try to pause and then restart the player I get a "Program Not Responding" message. I have experienced the problem with avi, divx and mpeg. Clips converted to mpeg from DVD VOB files seem to be particularly troublesome.

I have tried a number of players including Windows Media Player, Real Player 10 and I have found Media Player Classic to be the least troublesome.

Does anyone have and suggestion or know a good fix?

A:Video freezes up on my laptop

could your thinkpad be overheating?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-freezes-up-on-my-laptop.463667/
Relevancy 37.41%

Recently I have been having problems with one of my Laptops freezing and then the screen would go blank and hang there I would have to turn it off and restart it I fully restaged the computer It was doing fine but Freezes Blank Then Laptop Goes I am now having problems because I think some programs did not install properly Small utility tools will download and perform but some windows updates will not I have read that the blanking out may be a problem with the vidio card but would first like help getting all of the other errors fixed first Any assistance you can give would be greatly apprieciated I have inserted two files that show up as Windows Fatal Error messages and the Application Log File from Event viewer I also have the system log file but it was too big to send in one post I am running Windows XP SP on a Laptop Freezes Then Goes Blank HP Compaq laptop with an Laptop Freezes Then Goes Blank AMD Turion processor Window Fatal Error C Document Sue Local Temp WERzd e dir mini - dmp C Document Sue Local Temp WERzd e dir sysdata xml Application Log AM SecurityCenter Information None N A FDG- YCHL MW The Windows Security Center Service has started AM AVGEMS Information None N A FDG- YCHL MW Service started AM Avg UpdSvc Information None N A FDG- YCHL MW Service started AM SecurityCenter Information None N A FDG- YCHL MW The Windows Security Center Service has started AM AVGEMS Information None N A FDG- YCHL MW Service started AM Avg UpdSvc Information None N A FDG- YCHL MW Service started AM SecurityCenter Information None N A FDG- YCHL MW The Windows Security Center Service has started AM AVGEMS Information None N A FDG- YCHL MW Service started AM Avg UpdSvc Information None N A FDG- YCHL MW Service started PM AVG Error Fatal NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM FDG- YCHL MW - - FDG- YCHL MW FATAL AVG SCHED CAvgTimer unhandled exception caught Mon Mar PM SecurityCenter Information None N A FDG- YCHL MW The Windows Security Center Service has started PM AVGEMS Information None N A FDG- YCHL MW Service started PM Avg UpdSvc Information None N A FDG- YCHL MW Service started PM SecurityCenter Information None N A FDG- YCHL MW The Windows Security Center Service has started PM AVGEMS Information None N A FDG- YCHL MW Service started PM Avg UpdSvc Information None N A FDG- YCHL MW Service started AM SecurityCenter Information None N A FDG- YCHL MW The Windows Security Center Service has started AM AVGEMS Information None N A FDG- YCHL MW Service started AM Avg UpdSvc Information None N A FDG- YCHL MW Service started AM SecurityCenter Information None N A FDG- YCHL MW The Windows Security Center Service has started AM AVGEMS Information None N A FDG- YCHL MW Service started AM Avg UpdSvc Information None N A FDG- YCHL MW Service started AM LoadPerf Information None N A FDG- YCHL MW Performance counters for the ISAPISearch ISAPISearch service were loaded successfully The Record Data contains the new index values assigned to this service AM LoadPerf Information None N A FDG- YCHL MW Performance counters for the ContentFilter ContentFilter service were loaded successfully The Record Data contains the new index values assigned to this service AM LoadPerf Information None N A FDG- YCHL MW Performance counters for the ContentIndex ContentIndex service were loaded successfully The Record Data contains the new index values assigned to this service AM LoadPerf Information None N A FDG- YCHL MW Performance counters for the ISAPISearch ISAPISearch service were removed successfully The Record Data contains the new values of the system Last Counter and Last Help registry entries AM LoadPerf Information None N A FDG- YCHL MW Performance counters for the ContentFilter ContentFilter service were removed successfully The Record Data contains the new values of the system Last Counter and Last Help registry entries AM LoadPerf Information None N A FDG- YCHL MW Performance counters for the ContentIndex ContentIndex service were removed successfully The Record Data con... Read more

A:Laptop Freezes Then Goes Blank

Way too much information for my poor eyes!I would start with uninstalling iTunes.I'd also perform a free, online scan to see if something has gotten by your virus protection (I like this one: http://safety.live.com )- If it comes back clean, try uninstalling AVG Antivirus and reinstalling a freshly downloaded copy.- If it comes back infected, then it's likely that the malware is causing your issues.HP issues may also be contributing to this, so I'd install all the HP stuff (but be careful if this is an HP computer - you don't want to uninstall some essential services). ((**Thanks Johnathan Lyman!**))

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/106809/laptop-freezes-then-goes-blank/
Relevancy 37.41%

This has been an on and off problem for around 6 months. Ive found that it only seems to be when I leave browsers or anything open on the screen, it seems to take about 30 mins before it crashes. If I open youtube or itunes and keep something playing while im away from the laptop it is fine. When it freezes I cant do anything other than power off the laptop and turn it back on(Crt-alt-del doesnt work). I dont ever get a blue screen. Ive included my .dmp files.

A:Laptop freezes/crashes when not in use

Welcome JayShine1606 to the forum.

No dumps were collected after the 3rd of October.

Make sure your dump logging is enabled.

Quote:
Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
Double-click System.
Click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
Check Write an even to the system log, and Automatically restart.
In the Write debugging information list, click Small memory dump (256k).
Location of Dumps:
C:\Windows\minidump

Perform a Clean boot:Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
Reduce items at start-up. No software except anti-virus is required plus doing this improves the time for logging into windows:How to Change, Add, or Remove Startup Programs in Windows 7
Run the System File Checker that scans the of all protected Windows 7 system files and replaces incorrect corrupted, changed/modified, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible:Click on the
Type CMD on Search
Left click and Run as Administrator
Type SFC /scannow
Full tutorial here:SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Check for heating issues using Speccy or HWMonitor. Upload a screen shot with either of the tools: Speccy - System Information - Free Download
HWMonitor CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/349805-laptop-freezes-crashes-when-not-use.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Interestingly enough it s lasted quite a while now this time around About twenty minutes or so I saw a thread posted earlier today that sounded similar but I figured I d post another with my own logs anyway I can t quite figure this out so I was hoping someone else out there could see if I m missing anything I don t really think it s a virus could Laptop or so. Freezes minutes HP ten after be some melting inside but I haven t had the time to open this thing open or from when a friend knocked it off my bed but I figured I d do this before I opened her up Hijack This Logfile HP Laptop Freezes after ten minutes or so. of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet HP Laptop Freezes after ten minutes or so. Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise shstat exe C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Enterasys Networks NAC Agent NacAgent exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Media Webcam YCMMirage exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWA Main exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Users Administrator Tony-PC Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files DivX DivX Plus Web Player ie DivXHTML DivXHTML dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise scriptsn dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh ProgramFiles Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run HPWirelessAssistant C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant DelayedAppStarter exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWA Main exe hidden O - HKLM Run McAfeeUpdaterUI quot C Program Files McAfee Common Framework udaterui exe quot StartedFromRunKey O - HKLM Run ShStatEXE quot C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise SHSTAT EXE quot STANDALONE O - HKLM Run SysTrayApp C Program Files IDT WDM sttra... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-freezes-after-ten-minutes-or-so.1079677/
Relevancy 37.41%

Laptop info Toshiba Satellite L Intel Core i -bit Operating System Windows Freezes Laptop randomly SP This problem has been happening for a while now and i'm just getting sick of it My entire laptop will pause and the only thing that i'm able to move is my mouse I cannot click on anything while it is frozen like this Sound will continue going but the video will stop but sometimes the sound will get distorted a bit I've used things like CCleaner Disk Cleanup and Disk Defragmenter and they haven't worked I've also tried turning off visual effect but it will still freeze Any help would be nice Also I have a feeling that it might Laptop Freezes randomly have something to do with FireFox as it uses up alot of RAM when it is opened But this problem also happens when I use google chrome If anybody can tell me how to lower the usage so I can test it out would also be a big help Just Laptop Freezes randomly letting you guys know since I can't edit it it not frozen permanently only for about seconds the only thing I can do is move the arrow and I cannot type

A:Laptop Freezes randomly

Have you run anti-virus software?

Try reinstalling the display drivers you can get them here
Toshiba Satellite L675 Drivers | All Drivers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-freezes-randomly-619388.html
Relevancy 37.41%

My laptop is heating up too much. And now a days,it is also getting freezed. What should I do ??? Should I change the processor???? Can I replace the AMD with an Intel processor ????

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Heating-up-too-much-Laptop-sometimes-freezes/td-p/5659515
Relevancy 37.41%

Lenovo laptop gets to the "Windows is starting up" screen then freezes. I can go into safe mode. Early last week I could get log on and then it froze and I thought it was getting better after some safe mode scanning, but now it's doing it again. It started this about the time that I removed the Antivirus2008 trojan, but my antivirus and antispyware are claiming that it's been removed. Can someone help me? Thank you!

A:Laptop Freezes On Startup

You may have to do a repair install.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/169072/laptop-freezes-on-startup/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi All I am facing this strange issue with my laptop in recent times All of all freezes sudden of a Laptop a sudden the laptop hangs freeze and make me to forcibly restart by pressing power button I havent done any OS update recently Suddenly i started facing this issue After that i updated OS also Still facing same issue I did Antivirus scanning I am using Microsoft security essentials and found nothing harming my computer Can anyone help to fix this issue Details OS - Vista Windows Windows x -bit or x X What was original installed OS on system Windows Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer Age of system hardware year Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS year CPU CPU Video Card MotherBoard Power Supply - brand amp wattage System Manufacturer Lenovo Exact model number if laptop check label on bottom ThinkPad E Laptop or Desktop Laptop

A:Laptop freezes all of a sudden

Could be either heat or virus/malware related, download Speccy and post a screen shot of the temps. https://www.piriform.com/speccy

If they show normal then you will want to visit the Virus/Trojan/Spyware forum Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help

Look at the Pre-Posting Requirements, the second sticky.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-freezes-all-of-a-sudden-1026506.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Usually explorer freezes while starting to play video file from youtube.com; skype messages or this is happening when I am starting to play windows game. whats wrong with my HP Dv6 1280sn laptop?

A:HP laptop explorer freezes

Update media player
Make sure all drivers are updated and functioning
Take the memory diagnostic test (put that term in search)
Make sure graphics card is working properly and is updated.

How much memory?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/54526-hp-laptop-explorer-freezes.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi all I have been having a problem with my laptop just recently I remember a while ago posting here Laptop 20 up minutes freezes every asking for help on why my computer was slow It turned out that What I had thought was Mozilla Firefox Then when I downloaded firefox my computer went faster again It eventually went back to being slow and then after a lot of looking and cleaning we found out that there was a problem with the Automatic Updates making my computer slow Now after Laptop freezes up every 20 minutes that it wasn t going slow until just recently when I wanted to make some videos from on computer Laptop freezes up every 20 minutes This computer isn t the best thing to use video software it only has Gigs of Memory but I have a Terabyte Laptop freezes up every 20 minutes external hard drive and I do my best to try to put everything on that Recently my laptop has decided to slow down again especially while video making Last night I was forced to restart my laptop about times within the past hours since it kept on making everything slow Now whenever my laptop freezes it would work properly for the first minutes then it would log up even if I had barley any programs open and then it would slow down to a complete stop Sometimes it did this so frequently that it would be impossible to use and sometimes it would even make it s own beeping sounds loud quot Doot quot s This however has always been the case with this laptop Just today my computer slowed down within the first minutes of use again and however it began to make these really strange high pitched beeping sounds some that I have not heard of before My laptop is an Acer TravelMate here are some specs System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack Computer Intel R Premium R M Processor Mhz MHz MB of RAM Last time I checked it wasn t malware Both me and my dad are scratching our heads over this stupid thing Any or assistance would be gladly appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 37.41%

Hi all I apologize in advance Laptop freezes gradually if this problem has been addressed previously I searched the forum but as I really don't know how to describe the situation I was unable to find information The problem I have has been occurring for a couple of weeks now As I am browsing the internet using Chrome with seemingly no triggers at all Chrome stops loading Laptop gradually freezes the website I am attempting to visit with the status saying quot Waiting for cache quot The website will never load and within seconds to a few minutes my computer will be completely frozen I press CTRL ALT DELETE but nothing will happen No programs will launch I can move the mouse around just fine but as I said the computer will freeze completely after a short time and I'm forced to hold the power button to turn it off I have tried several different virus spyware checks Avast Malware Bytes and Ad-Aware which have turned up nothing My first inclination was that something is wrong with Chrome but the whole computer freezes so I wonder if it's something else I'm running a Sony VAIO -bit Windows PC with an AMD Athlon II p Dual core GHz with gigs of RAM I usually am able to find answers to problems just by Googling but I don't even know where to begin Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

A:Laptop gradually freezes

You don't mention what model # Vaio, Is this a laptop or a desktop? A computer freezing is usually caused by overheating or a failing Power Supply Unit, in a desktop. Blow out all fans with a can of compressed air. If a laptop, consider a laptop cooler.
If a desktop, open the case clean out all dust and look at the label for the PSU and report the Make, Model and the Wattage.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-gradually-freezes-629494.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi there Been reading on different treads and tried everything but just cant sort it out so please Help I have a Sony Vaio Laptop config Intel Core Duo GB RAM GB HDD NVIDIA Geforce Go GPU OS VISTA home Premium Laptop has been crashing a while i use it or i get a BSOD ntfs sys BUT IT WORK A TREAT IN SAFE MODE thing i have done Chkdsk did full but now it crashes at stage - about using f r normal chkdsk no errors or bad sector Vaio Utility HDD MEM VIDEO CPU no errors tested mem physically one by one no probs as i had sp so downloaded sp downloaded speedfan and temp is average downloaded spybot S D no malware just tracking cookies downloaded Micro Security Essential nothing found got a lot of data dont think HDD is faulty as this post i am writing is in safe mode and its working fine Please help is backing up data while or Laptop BSOD freezes everything) help. (tried after a and reinstall vista my only option thanking you Laptop freezes or BSOD after a while (tried everything) help. in advance

A:Laptop freezes or BSOD after a while (tried everything) help.

Hello and welcome to TSF.

Please follow the instructions here: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/laptop-freezes-or-bsod-after-a-while-tried-everything-help-475947.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Please help me with my prob.my laptop seems fine when im using it without internet.but when I open my browsers after a few seconds it will freeze so I have to restart my laptop again.I dont know what seems to be the problem.

A:My laptop freezes when i try using internet

Does it happen to all browsers (e.g IE, Chrome, Firefox, Palemoon)?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-freezes-when-i-try-using-internet.202817/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi I m using an NEC Versa S with Windows XP Professional Edition I purchased this laptop about a Laptop constantly freezes year ago No matter what I Laptop constantly freezes m doing or not doing Laptop constantly freezes the bloody thing will sooner or later lock up completely for no apparent reason and then I d have to turn off and turn back on the laptop and pray that it wouldn t happen again The wierd thing is that this only happens if i use the touchpad on the laptop If i connect a mouse and use that then everything will work all fine and dandy But right now i don t have a mouse available so i find myself rebooting every few minutes In fact i m just praying it will let me finish this post I am obviously real dumb with computers so I don t know any other necessary details so just tell me what to say If anyone can help it d be greatly appreciated This thing is driving me nuts Thanks in adavnce nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-constantly-freezes.264742/
Relevancy 37.41%

since few months ago my laptop got very slow my CPU is constantly above and it is soo slow that i have to wait for like minutes to startup i can t even my all the freezes HELP! laptop time use apps at the same time there s pretty good chance it HELP! my laptop freezes all the time ll stall and it even crashed few times i m sure there s something fishy going on i have ad-aware spybot AVG installed ad-aware found tracking cookies that s all here s my hijackthis log thank you very much Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system HELP! my laptop freezes all the time Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows System spool drivers w x E FATICAA EXE C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG avgw exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files HijackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google mn R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser UIBHO dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run SMSERIAL C Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-my-laptop-freezes-all-the-time.704850/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi all I ve had a problem with my laptop freezing up periodically I m seeing the resource usage hit under processes on the task manager and under the performance tab I can see a spike on the CPU usage history coinciding with it but I can t tell what program is spiking cause at that point the computer kind of freezes for a moment then continues functioning This doesn t occur so often now probably spikes every minute or so What I ve noticed though is that these freezes seem to coincide with what I m assuming is my cooling fan starting up I ve tried a scandisk and defrag and that hasn t changed things Cleaned it of dust as well Laptop Periodically Freezes I ve already gotten my laptop recently cleaned of malware over in the hijackthis malware removal forum and the freezes are still occuring Specs Laptop Periodically Freezes of my laptop Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition version Service Pack Dell XPS MXC Intel Pentium M processor GHz GB RAM If Any more information is needed to solve this problem please let me know I still use my laptop but it s still pretty annoying Hope to hear a reply soon and thanks to anyone taking the time to read this

A:Laptop Periodically Freezes

How long have you had the laptop?

Laptops have the tendency to overheat, however in a case like yours, there is just a wide variety of things causing this..perhaps a specific process activating itself than not. Or it could be a overheating CPU from age, this could possibly be the cause of your fans spinning up, but most likely the cause for that is the cpu usage causing the cpu to push itself and get hot causing the fans to spin faster. Many things, but we can try to talk our way through it and try to find the source

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/171046/laptop-periodically-freezes/
Relevancy 37.41%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1764 Laptop running on windows 7. 64 bit.

For quite sometime now, my laptop has been freezing randomly. It occurs mostly when I am browsing the web or when playing a game. The computer also freezes when the lid is shut/enters hibernation mode.

When it freezes in hibernation/sleep mode, the cooling fan is extremely loud, so overheating may be a cause, but I'm not quite sure. I ran a virus/spyware check, but nothing came up. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Laptop freezes during use and while the lid is closed.

Welcome olund007.

Looking up the specs of the laptop it seems unlikely that you are running too much stuff that it would just freeze. If you suspect a heating issue, try clearing out the fans (best idea would be to use a can of compressed air and with some short quick bursts, spray inside the laptop). << Best to do this outside if it is really bad!

Just some things that might help:
Run system file checker
> - Click on the Start globe/button
> - Type cmd.exe and run as administrator
> - Then enter 'sfc /scannow'

Let that scan through.

You could also run a memory test and check disc:
> - As before, go to cmd.exe
> - Enter chkdsk c: /r
> - If some question appears, enter Y and restart computer.

To run memory test...
I am not sure if the Dell Inspiron 1764 has a memory tester with it, so you can just run the one that comes with windows
> - Click on the Start button/globe
> - Enter mdsched.exe
You should get asked to restart and run a check or something.

Try updating your drivers (graphics drivers, etc..) and download the latest versions of various software that you use (so up to date browser, java (if needed), etc..).

Hopefully this will help your instability issues.

Running a disc defrag and cleanup might be a good idea as well...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-freezes-during-use-and-while-the-lid-is-closed-639800.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Dear Bleepingcomputer.com

My girlfriend's laptop is not working and I am having a lot of trouble getting started with any fixes/solutions because the computer freezes within 5-10 minutes. When it freezes it looks like TV static. Nothing works and I'm forced to reset by holding-down the power button. I tried safe mode and I managed to do a virus scan, but nothing turned up. I wanted to backup some files but the moment I plug my external HDD the laptop freezes (note that I'm still in safe mode). It also hangs a lot during safe mode which usually results in another freeze. The fact that it is freezing everytime I try something makes it very hard to do anything. What should I do?

General Laptop information: Toshiba Satellite M300, OEM-Vista, Core2Duo, 4GB-RAM, 320GB-HDD, 256MB-VGA card, AVG 8.5 free edition, less than a year old.

Regards,
GBAMinh

A:Laptop freezes and looks like TV static

Did you try reinstalling the video driver

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/262064/laptop-freezes-and-looks-like-tv-static/
Relevancy 37.41%

I am writing about a Compaq Presario C don t judge my mother bought it for herself It when freezes Laptop idle is just over a year old running Vista Home It has started freezing when it s idle i e the mouse freezes no keys work and I have to hard-shutdown the laptop by holding the power button I ve done the following things all to no avail - closed all but the most necessary processes turned off internet - turned off all power saving screen saving etc features - Laptop freezes when idle run Malawarebytes Avira SuperAntiSpyware all came up empty If I boot it up into safe mode and leave it it does NOT freeze It has not frozen while I was actively using it yet but don t know if being idle specifically has something to do with the freezing Not sure if it s a hard drive issue it tends to freeze faster if it s running a HD-heavy app like a torrent program Here s my HijackThis report Thank you very much for your help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files COMODO Firewall cfp exe C Program Files PeerGuardian pg exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Apoint K ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avnotify exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe O - HKLM Run WAWifiMessage ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C Windows system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C Windows system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C Windows system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run COMODO Firewall Pro quot C Program Files COMODO Firewall cfp exe quot -s O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe quot min O - HKLM RunOnce Launcher WINDIR SMINST launcher exe O - HKCU Run PeerGuardian C Program Files PeerGuardian pg exe O - HKCU Run ehTray exe C Windows ehome ehTray exe O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User NETWORK SERVICE O - Extra context menu item Add to Google Photos Screensa amp ver - res C Windows system GPhotos scr O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Gopher Prefix O -... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-freezes-when-idle.790116/
Relevancy 37.41%

My laptop freezes after using some programs After using them for like - min the laptop programs. using Laptop some after freezes totally freezes and i cannot use any key combination or anything else I restart my laptop and for the rest it works fine It started with Laptop freezes after using some programs. the program Mumble after logging in my friends server and talking around min my laptop freezes We tried different programs to communicate like Teamspeak Skype and Steam mic chat but my laptop keeps freezing also my computer also freezes after playing most games this does mean its not only communication programs that do it but also other programs can activate the freeze I tried some methods like cleaning the fan with a vacuum and testing if its because of overheating and cleaning the computer with CCleaner but that wasn t the problem I need help from someone that perhaps knows the solution for this i hope i have given enough information My laptop specs are win home premium -bit intel core i CPU M GHz Gb RAM ATI mobility Radeon HD Gb nbsp

A:Laptop freezes after using some programs.

Please do not create duplicate threads. Continue here: http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/1062346-laptop-freezes-after-using-some.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-freezes-after-using-some-programs.1062545/
Relevancy 37.41%

I have a Toshiba Satellite L355D-S7825 with Windows Vista.

When I start up the computer and log in, it suddenly freezes and I can't do anything. I've tried Start-Up Repair and System Restore, but it didn't fix the problem.

I ran the computer in Safe Mode and it works fine.

I can't do a Full System Restore because my CD/DVD Drive is not working.

This has never happened before. It was working fine earlier in the day and I haven't done anything different.

What should I do?

Relevancy 37.41%

Good day everyone I ve had a problem with my laptop freezing at the Welcome screen While it could still boot with Safe Mode it only intermittently boots with regular Windows The screen sometimes just blacks out other times there are pixelations all over the screen but I can t still use it While I think that it s still working I just have to hold the power button in order to shut it off freezes Welcome screen Laptop at the The rest of the computer functions well with Safe Mode I Laptop freezes at the Welcome screen m making this post on the same laptop I ran sfc scannow and that didn t detect anything wrong with the system Whenever I run chkdsk however the system has to be rebooted but it cancels the disk check even without me doing anything Laptop freezes at the Welcome screen I ve tried to update my drivers and while I think my LCD is a bit damaged I also believe that the problem lies some place else Do you guys have any suggestions Thank you for reading nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-freezes-at-the-welcome-screen.1169941/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello all I am having a little bit of a problem with my laptop and was hoping someone might be able to help It all started when my computer started slowing to a crawl and while formatting Laptop freezes mcafee notified me that me that I was infected with malware j but when i tried to delete it it said that it couldn't So I tried several other antivirus programs with no luck Then my brother in law lent me his copy of the geek squad disk to use So I did that and it did remove the malware I believe but then when I would try to start my laptop the screen would go blac k So after much frustration I just decided to delete everything from my hard drive and reformat it but when I try reinstalling windows xp and everything else it'll go for awhile but it eventually freezes and its done this several times So I don't know what to do All help is greatly appreciated

A:Laptop freezes while formatting

I would recommend downloading BOOT AND NUKE. It's a program that will totally wipe the drive and thereby allowing you to install the OS without having other things still resident on your drive that may jack up your installation attempts. You'll have to make a bootable CD from the Dban website, install it in your CD/DVD drive so it can boot from it. Also ensure that your system is set up to boot from CD first (it sounds like it already is anyway).

Give that a shot and let me know how it goes.

Good day!

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-freezes-while-formatting-533676.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello All

My Lenovo U310 Ultrabook does not function properly after being put into sleep mode. If I close the lid and open it again, it will work for 10 seconds and then it will crash, forcing me to restart my computer every time. I have tried to fix this in countless occasions, but I have failed every time. I have received a DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE error on multiple occasions as well.
Some extra tidbits:
- whenever my computer turns on, I get a notice saying something about Intel Rapid Start Technology not being enabled (when it actually is in the BIOS)
- there is a WDC WD5000LPVT-08G33T1 SSD in my laptop

Please help!
-BeyondConfused

A:Laptop Freezes After Lid is Opened

It appears that the WDC WD5000LPVT-08G33T1 is a platter based HDD, not an SSD.

This device has problems:

USB-IF xHCI USB Host Controller ROOT\UOIP_BUS_DRIVER\0000 This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device.

Please uninstall it in Device Manager and reboot the system to see if it's detected properly.

Please let the system crash a few more times and then upload a new set of reports.
Also, Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (eventvwr.msc)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/23540-laptop-freezes-after-lid-opened.html
Relevancy 37.41%

About a week ago I clicked something on my windows sidebar and the computer froze I waited for about twenty minutes but no progress The fan kept spinning but the cursor wouldn't move etc I decided to restart the comp manually but after doing so it said windows failed to start I tried entering safe mode which up freezes then start won't Laptop also failed All of the auto repair options failed I thought my only option was to wipe the hard drive with my Toshiba Recovery and Applications Drivers repair disk which restores the machine to its 'fresh out the box' state The Laptop freezes then won't start up computer froze Laptop freezes then won't start up during the last part of the installation I tried again and it worked Everything was back to its brand-new state I could move the cursor click it Laptop freezes then won't start up all functioned The computer needed to install some updates so I let it restart The machine booted up nicely This lead me to believe the problem was no more so I reinstalled Adobe CS The computer froze about through the installation So I left for work came back home and it was still frozen I manually restarted the machine and of course it wouldn't boot up I wiped the drive clean again Everything was great I wasn't installing anything I told a friend about the problem and he decided to send me a vista repair disk He uploaded it through MegaUpload and I tried downloading it It froze I tried wiping the drive yet again and it doesn't seem to be working It gets to the part where it's a black screen and those little green bars move across showing that things are starting up And it says c Microsoft Corporation beneath the bar And it's been on that for about half an hour now still insinuating that it's loading up I don't believe it

A:Laptop freezes then won't start up

sounds like a hardware failure since you have reinstalled the o/s. start with the diagnostic app for your brand of harddrive from the makers site and scan the drive for errors. you can also try a memory test. also visually check inside for any excess dirt or dust, faulty parts etc. anything else to test will require some skill and other parts to swop in and test, eg psu.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/277958-laptop-freezes-then-wont-start-up.html
Relevancy 37.41%

ive got a similar problem.... a couple of hours after being turned on my acer travelmate 250 freezes completely with many vertical lines and weird colours.... what it could be? anyone?
thanks for your help in advance
cheers

A:Acer Laptop Freezes

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Note: You will need to post complete details of your configuration and your specific issue in this new thread for us to help you.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-laptop-freezes.637007/
Relevancy 37.41%

After startup my laptop will freeze.  How long after startup varies.  Sometimes it will freeze after only a few minutes. Sometimes it can be operating for over an hour or two.  Want to know how to correct this. Ran a hard disk test and the Long DST failed.  Gave a failure ID of QAGCHR-5GH847-XDOO3A-61AKO3.  Product ID is XHO66UA#ABA. 

A:Laptop Freezes After Startup

Hi, The 24 character error code is a failure of the comprehensive Disk Self Test ( DST ) and would indicate that the Hard Drive is failing and needs to be replaced.  This is also consistent with the freezing issues you describe. If you would like a guide on replacing the Hard Drive yourself, please let me know. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-Freezes-After-Startup/td-p/5620608
Relevancy 37.41%

About a week ago I clicked something won't up Laptop then start freezes on my windows sidebar and the computer froze I waited for about twenty minutes but no progress The fan kept spinning but the cursor wouldn't move etc I decided to restart the Laptop freezes then won't start up comp manually but after doing Laptop freezes then won't start up so it said windows failed to start I tried entering safe mode which also failed All of the auto repair options failed I thought my only option was to wipe the hard drive with my Toshiba Recovery and Applications Drivers repair disk which restores the machine to its 'fresh out the box' state The computer froze during the last part of the installation I tried again and it worked Everything was back to its brand-new state I could move the cursor click it all functioned The computer needed to install some updates so I let it restart The machine booted up nicely This lead me to believe the problem was no more so I reinstalled Adobe CS The computer froze about through the installation So I left for work came back home and it was still frozen I manually restarted the machine and of course it wouldn't boot up I wiped the drive clean again Everything was great I wasn't installing anything I told a friend about the problem and he decided to send me a vista repair disk He uploaded it through MegaUpload and I tried downloading it It froze I tried wiping the drive yet again and it doesn't seem to be working It gets to the part where it's a black screen and those little green bars move across showing that things are starting up And it says c Microsoft Corporation beneath the bar And it's been on that for about half an hour now still insinuating that it's loading up I don't believe it

A:Laptop freezes then won't start up

sounds like a hardware failure since you have reinstalled the o/s. start with the diagnostic app for your brand of harddrive from the makers site and scan the drive for errors. you can also try a memory test. also visually check inside for any excess dirt or dust, faulty parts etc. anything else to test will require some skill and other parts to swop in and test, eg psu.

http://www.vistax64.com/overclocking-cooling/277958-laptop-freezes-then-wont-start-up.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello everyone,

The problem that I?ve been facing is my laptop just freezes, the screen freezes, the audio distorted, not able to move cursor, keyboard does not work. Had to force power off.
Here are the specs:
Laptop Lenovo Ideapad Y450, bought around October 2009
CPU Intel centrino 2 dual core 2.53 ghz, P8700
GPU nVidia geforce GT240M
Ram 4 GHz
HDD WD 500 GB
Wireless Intel 5100 AGN 802.11

Operating System: Tried both Windows 7 32 bit and Windows XP
CPU temp monitoring software: Speedfan 4.xx
Anti virus: Avira free antivirus

Next reply I will post problem history and details
Please request information if needed more, I am willing to provide.

Thank you,
Ninja

A:Laptop freezes randomly

My questions and doubts:

How can it be solved?
Can we call this ?overheating? since it freezes when temperature is not over 60 C? but it freezes more when the weather is hotter.
Is the temperature during safe mode normal or too high?
Am I abusing my laptop?

Please request information or pictures if needed more, I am willing to provide.

Problem history:
It works fine with Windows 7 since 2009, when I?ve been recovering from spine surgery, I?ve been using it more than usual since December 2011 where the problem occurs first time, then it occurs more often since March 2012.

Computer usage behavior:
I usually use Autodesk Inventor and Autocad software for 3D and 2D designing, along with web browsing, playing music with iTunes, watching some concerts and South Park by windows media classic. I play occasionally play games like Left 4 Dead 2, Elder Scrolls Skyrim (once-twice a week).

The laptop is placed on a 30 degree inclined stand, due to my surgery I need to only lie down to use the computer. It is turned on about 4-10 hours a day.

Observations:

It?s been working fine since bought, when I play games, the temperature of CPU and GPU goes up to 75 C for about 1-2 hours, no problem, usually I don?t play longer than 3 hours.

Since March, it freezes randomly about 1 hour after startup when I?m using designing software along with web browsing. Temperature is about 48-53 C, I have screenshots of the temperature software before it freezes. This happens at least once a day.

Since March, it freezes about 5 minutes after start running left 4 dead or skyrim.

During safe mode, the temperature stays about 70 C and sometimes freezes.

After forced shut down and power on right away sometimes it freezes during boot, or even 5 seconds after power on.

It rarely freezes when watching videos and when turning the computer on all night for downloading.

I never finish a full system virus scan, it freezes about 20 minutes after scanning while temperature is about 50 C.

Weather condition: Thailand, hot and humid.
No air conditioning in room, temperature during of months Dec-Feb: 20-30 C, Mar 30-35 C, Apr 35-40 C (hottest of summer). My laptop in this temperature works fine in the past 2 years, other older laptops are also working fine.

Suspected causes and solutions tried:
Replace thermal paste at CPUs and GPU, dust removal at CPU fan, got a cooling pad underneath laptop: temperature slightly drops (3-5 C), no significant improvement in freezing.

Tried updating drivers to the latest possible for the right OS, reformatted partition to change OS to Win XP but problem still occurs.

Thank you,
Ninja

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-freezes-randomly.180287/
Relevancy 37.41%

My five-year-old HP G72 laptop (Windows 7) is very slow to respond and often freezes up and becomes useless. It also runs very hot. I've had it checked for viruses and malware and none exist. Is there any fix or should I just junk it? Thanks!

A:Laptop very slow and often freezes up

HP makes several G72 model laptops, so we need to confirm which one you have.
Look at the labels on the bottom of the case and inside the battery compartment.
There should be a part/product number(P/N) on one of them.
Advise what that exact number is.

---------------------------------------------------------------

If it's running very hot, a number of things may be happening.
1. It's not being used on a hard flat surface.
2. The exhaust fan isn't working.
3. The exhaust vents may be clogged with dust and debris.
4. It's being used for gaming which may be generating too much heat.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-very-slow-and-often-freezes-up.1159100/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi I was downloading a picture from Slow Freezes, Laptop is and an email and my laptop froze I tried CTRL-ALT-DELETE but the task manager wouldn t come up so I ended up shutting it off manually When I restarted I chose quot Start Windows Normally quot After that I got a black screen for about minutes before the username password screen came up After entering Laptop is Slow and Freezes, my information it would stay at that screen for a few minutes and then go back to a black screen for a few minutes Windows Laptop is Slow and Freezes, would slowly come up task bar then background then icons and the message below would come up FAILED TO CONNECT TO A WINDOWS SERVICE Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system As an administrative user you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn t respond Any assistance in fixing this problem would be much appreciated Dell Inspirion N Windows Thanks Matt nbsp

Relevancy 37.41%

I recently got a new laptop, its an Asus and the OS is Windows 7.
It works fine, but if i plug it in to charge it will freeze in a matter of minutes, everything just becomes non-responsive and have to force shut down.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.