Windows Support Forum

What is the correct setting in BIOS for eSATA?

Q: What is the correct setting in BIOS for eSATA?

An eSATA bracket came with my GA-EP45-UD3P Gigabyte motherboard. It has a molex to SATA power, 2 eSATA ports and an eSATA to normal SATA cable so I can run internal hard drives externally. It is really nice.

My board has 2 (two) SATA controllers. The ICH10-R controls 6 ports and a Gigabyte (or JMicron chip) controller if for 2 others. I have tried this bracket connected to the Gigabyte controller in AHCI and it works fine. I also tried it in IDE mode and it works a little different. In both cases I have "safely remove hardware" option.

I have not used eSATA much until now. What is correct setting in the BIOS for eSATA? What if I only had one SATA controller like a lot of boards? What would you have the BIOS set to in that case? (IDE or AHCI)

Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: What is the correct setting in BIOS for eSATA?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: What is the correct setting in BIOS for eSATA?

I'm using sata as IDE, and having no problems - i asked seagate about enabling AHCI and there reply was it is unnecessary, as its built into the sata hard drives now, and not necessary. I also have the intel ich9 sata controller plus the j-micron, so I turn the j-micron off in the bios and use just use the intel controller.
Just added a couple of hours later:
I have one external esata hard drive -160gb seagate hard drive - forgot to mention although I implied, as such, but personally i like to see things myself before believing. Two internal a 250gb and 500gb seagate

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/23898-what-correct-setting-bios-esata.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Is it possible to setup a mirror array with an internal drive and an external drive setup up a mirror array esata raid with drive? external Setting with esata The main reasoning Setting up a raid mirror array with esata external drive? behind this is Setting up a raid mirror array with esata external drive? that I want to make a backup of one of my internal drives The internal drive is TB made into two partitions one and ext and one and ntfs and the external is GB ntfs I could format it to ext with no partitions They use the same sata controller so I can set it up in the bios as a mirror Setting up a raid mirror array with esata external drive? array I ve done some research into it and it looks like it could work but still want to be sure that there will be no problems My external drive is a little slower than my internal simply because it is slower to spin up in general Would this slow things down as it waits for it Or will it just rely on the one drive until the external is working Do I need to do any setting up other than in the bios I m using Ubuntu Am I better off just using a backup program Sorry for all the questions it d be great if this could work instead of relying on just doing a backup every now and then nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-a-raid-mirror-array-with-esata-external-drive.839896/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a Western Digital Caviar SE WD AAJs at GB It is an internal hard drive that I placed into an external enclosure the Rosewill RX -S It has USB and eSATA connections Everything works as it should when using USB but nothing works with the eSATA My MOBO Asus A N -SLI Deluxe has an eSATA port on the I O panel but the HDD wouldn t even show up in the BIOS No jumpers BIOS in HDD WD not being eSATA seen on the HDD either default So I installed the eSATA WD HDD eSATA not being seen in BIOS bracket that came with the external enclosure to see if that worked Failed After searching many forums I found that WD HDD s have problems with certain mobos working in SATA II speeds So I put the jumpers on the HDD to drop it s speed to a SATA I Now the HDD shows up in my BIOS but after POST it sits on a screen that says quot Silicon Image BIOS Version quot After several seconds it will display my HDD and move on The computer freezes soon after you see the Windows XP logo with progress bar Rebooted and still in BIOS It still shows the Silicon image text but doesn t display the HDD like before Then CPU continues to boot The XP logo appeared and it froze again I let it sit just in case it wasn t frozen and sure enough it eventually did resume However the HDD would not show up in disk management or device manager I tried all of this having the HDD working in both SATA I and SATA II speeds Played with the onboard eSATA and PCI eSATA connections but again no luck Sometimes the Silicon image text doesn t even appear and no HDD shows in the BIOS Tried different cables but no luck Again USB it works fine Any suggestions I have updated my BIOS and the Silicon Image drivers nbsp

A:WD HDD eSATA not being seen in BIOS

TIP: USB Power Limitations
USB guides

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wd-hdd-esata-not-being-seen-in-bios.102496/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have an HP desktop with a mobo that has a SATA 3 connector. So I bought an external hdd with an ESata connector, but the HP BIOS won't support the SATA #3 connection.

It says its a Phoenix BIOS.

Options: 1.) use slow USB 2.0,

2.) Try on a Dell that may support (dell was going to get a 2nd internal hdd so only temp solution).

3.) Find a BIOS (3rd party?) for the HP that will support SATA #3 connection.
Other options? Suggestions? Recommendations?

Relevancy 57.62%

I have a SATA HD inserted in a mounting dock, which the dock is connected with an eSata cable to my desktop PC (custom build).

Everytime the dock is turned on with the HD in it, and my PC is in an off state, I turn the PC on and it just freezes at the ASROCK X58 bios logo. That's my mobo. If I turn the dock off, it boots fine.

I've already reset the BIOS settings, and it's running in AHCI mode in bios. I used to have overclock so I though it may be a factor but it isn't. Still does it. And the problem is not all the time. I'd say 80 percent of the time.

No clue how I can t/s this.

A:eSata HD that is on prevents boot in BIOS

Is there an OS installed to this eSATA ? ?
That would explain it...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/305039-esata-hd-prevents-boot-bios.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi I have just bought an Addonics Mini Tower MST X PM which allows with etc drives up hard ext esata set bios - Help HDs to connect to PC with one esata cable and see each HD as an indiv drive NOT as a RAID It does need JMB JMicron drivers for the multi port and my Asus P Q mobo does have that The Ext box attached and is on but there is no indication in XP that anything is there except my other sata drives in the PC At the moment I have only one drive in the Addonics to test it it is connected via esata In Bios I have esata set as Enhanced and IDE but wasn t sure whether it needed to be changed to something else In Dev Mgr I see under SCSI and RAID JMicron JMB X so it is enabled and there Under IDE ATA ATAPI Help with esata ext hard drives set up - bios etc I see Intel R ICH Family Port Serial ATA Storage Controller A Anyway I d appreciate any Help with esata ext hard drives set up - bios etc help here to get this thing going Thanks oz Intel R ICH Family Port Serial ATA Storage Controller A as well as Primary IDE and Secondary nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-esata-ext-hard-drives-set-up-bios-etc.960186/
Relevancy 57.19%

went to Windows XP IMAGES AND THEMES, DISPLAY, SETTINGS/advanced and changed DPI to 120 and now images there are so large I can,t even change DPI back to NORMAL size again. From top to bottom they are even longer than the whole window. I can change back to 96DPI but can't get to commands at bottom to initiate the request. How can I change this back to NORMAL size (96DPI)

A:how to correct DPI setting error

Go back to the Settings screen and change your resolution to a Higher one (making the area larger and the icons smaller) And drag the Title bar with your left mouse button to the top of the screen so you can see the OK button to click it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-correct-dpi-setting-error-396285.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I want to set my computer to the lowest priority so that I can download freely while other people play their online games.
The classification queue is of precedence 8, so it should be lowest and I'm connected using wifi

The only setting I'm concerned about is class interface and ether type.

Other options in class interface are: LAN, WAN, ENET1- 4, pp0/atm0(routed)
Other options in ether type are: IP, ARP, IPv6, PPPoE_DESC, PPPoE_SES, 8865, 8866, 8021Q

A:Is my router's qos setting correct?

Really cannot say yes or no. If you tighten QOS too much, you end up having more issues, than leaving it.

The biggest issue is that most people go with what they can afford, then everyone else wants to use your service for free.

What speed are you paying for, for Download & Upload. Also who is your provider?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/70581-my-routers-qos-setting-correct.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I just got a new Gigabyte GA-P A-UD P motherboard and I am trying to BIOS but recognizing 7 drive, Windows eSATA not is get Windows -bit to recognize an external hard drive connected to the eSATA ports I've set the the following BIOS options PCH SATA Control Mode to AHCI HPET Mode to -bit eSATA Controller Enabled eSATA Ctrl Mode to AHCI GSATA Controller Enabled GSATA Ctrl Mode to AHCI When I first connected drive the motherboard a tray icon said that I needed to install a Windows 7 not recognizing eSATA drive, but BIOS is driver to get the hard drive to be recognized So I went to the device manager and under other devices there was a device titled JMicron something sadly I don't remember exactly what it Windows 7 not recognizing eSATA drive, but BIOS is was titled So I placed the driver disc in the optical driver and I had the missing device search for the driver on the driver disc The device manager found the driver and new device came up as JMicron SATA something again I don't exactly remember what it was titled So I restarted then I powered on my external hard drive but Windows still didn't recognize it If I try turning on the external drive before I boot-up my system the drive still isn't being recognized by Windows The drive does get recognized by the BIOS on start-up if I power on the external drive before I boot-up my system So that tells Windows 7 not recognizing eSATA drive, but BIOS is me that the BIOS is detecting it correctly and the problems is with Windows So where do I go from here

A:Windows 7 not recognizing eSATA drive, but BIOS is

The GA-P55A-UD4P has 2 eSATA ports in the rear on the motherboard. Are you plugged into those, or are you using the eSATA port on your case?

The case connectors usually plug into the JMicron Controller, but the rear ports should be on the mainboard SATA controller. If you haven't tried already, try using the rear ports and test.

In my web travels I've notice a lot of posts describing issue with eSATA cables. It seems quality cables are a must. I've even seen where some folks have had to cut up to 3mm of plastic casing off the plug top get a connection to work.

Can you see if the eSATA drive can be recognized, using the same cable you are using now, on someone's else's computer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/125988-windows-7-not-recognizing-esata-drive-but-bios.html
Relevancy 57.19%

My ASPIRE REVO works fine until I try to get it to communicate with an external esata SSD ( OCZ Vertex ). Communication with the drive is random. I need advice on Bios settings please to ensure solid BIOS detection.

A:Aspire Revo Bios/Drivers for esata

can we get the serial number or exact model number(not series number) it will make finding the drivers much easier.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/56893-aspire-revo-bios-drivers-esata.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have an ASUS A7V600-X motherboard and a AMD Athlon XP 2900+ CPU 400 FSB Barton Core and 1GB of DDR pc3200. This is my second computer build. I now know that I am underclocking and my multiplier is 10. I should be able to correct the clock in my Bios but when I enter my Bios I get the option to upgrade the Bios from a floppy. I don't want to do that just correct the clock. What am I doing wrong? In System Properties it states AMD Athlon (TM) XP, 995MHz, 1.00 GB of Ram. That tells me I'm underclocking, right??

A:Setting the correct system clock (i'm underclocking)

You should have an option in the bios to set your FSB. It sounds like it's at 100, and I believe it should be set to 166MHz.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-the-correct-system-clock-im-underclocking.437315/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have just configured a netgear wireless router, test screen confirms connection success, however I still can not access the internet. The router is connected to the PC via an ethernet cable.

Using windows XP.

I have Set up a new connection for Internet to never dial, as previously the PC would connect to the internet using a speadtouch usb modem, which required dialling. The ISP is Orange, I have configured the router to there requirements using ppoa. As far as I understand, the router will make the connection, therefore there is no ned for the PC to dial to get a connection.

I think my problem lies with how I have configured the network on the PC. Does any one know what steps I should take to allow a PC to connect to the router via an ethernet cable?

Relevancy 55.9%

I have an Epson v300 Photo scanner, using Windows 7 Home pro.

I need to scan a photo that is in a glossy brochure. The results I get have black dots all over....sorry to be unscientific...I don't know the right way to describe the results. I had it set for at least 600 dpi, but I know there's a correct setting besides that and I don't know what it is.

Thanks for any advice!

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi Everyone We are trying to create a Windows image and have been having a little trouble with the language settings after running sysprep exe with an unattend xml file Everything is working how we want it to work except the language settings after oobe has with correct not language Sysprep Unattend.xml, setting run Sysprep with Unattend.xml, not setting correct language etc The sysprep command we run is sysprep exe generalize oobe shutdown unattend unattend xml Before running sysprep we are setting the language settings to have English Australia as the preferred langauge with the Date time and number formatting After sysprep oobe etc has been run it is changing it to English US as the preferred language with the Date time and number formatting We have tried numerous different things with our Unattend xml file without success The following code is the latest file we are using would very Sysprep with Unattend.xml, not setting correct language much appreciate any help advice to solve this issue Code lt xml version quot quot encoding quot utf- quot gt lt unattend xmlns quot urn schemas-microsoft-com unattend quot gt lt settings pass quot generalize quot gt lt component name quot Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP quot processorArchitecture quot amd quot publicKeyToken quot bf ad e quot language quot neutral quot versionScope quot nonSxS quot xmlns wcm quot http schemas microsoft com WMIConfig State quot xmlns xsi quot http www w org XMLSchema-instance quot gt lt SkipRearm gt lt SkipRearm gt lt component gt lt component name Sysprep with Unattend.xml, not setting correct language quot Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup quot processorArchitecture quot amd quot publicKeyToken quot bf ad e quot language quot neutral quot versionScope quot nonSxS quot xmlns wcm quot http schemas microsoft com WMIConfig State quot xmlns xsi quot http www w org XMLSchema-instance quot gt lt DoNotCleanTaskBar gt true lt DoNotCleanTaskBar gt lt RegisteredOwner gt NHS lt RegisteredOwner gt lt RegisteredOrganization gt NHS lt RegisteredOrganization gt lt component gt lt settings gt lt settings pass quot oobeSystem quot gt lt component name quot Microsoft-Windows-International-Core quot processorArchitecture quot amd quot publicKeyToken quot bf ad e quot language quot neutral quot versionScope quot nonSxS quot xmlns wcm quot http schemas microsoft com WMIConfig State quot xmlns xsi quot http www w org XMLSchema-instance quot gt lt InputLocale gt en-AU lt InputLocale gt lt SystemLocale gt en-AU lt SystemLocale gt lt UILanguage gt en-US lt UILanguage gt lt UserLocale gt en-AU lt UserLocale gt lt component gt lt component name quot Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup quot processorArchitecture quot amd quot publicKeyToken quot bf ad e quot language quot neutral quot versionScope quot nonSxS quot xmlns wcm quot http schemas microsoft com WMIConfig State quot xmlns xsi quot http www w org XMLSchema-instance quot gt lt OOBE gt lt HideEULAPage gt true lt HideEULAPage gt lt NetworkLocation gt Work lt NetworkLocation gt lt ProtectYourPC gt lt ProtectYourPC gt lt HideLocalAccountScreen gt true lt HideLocalAccountScreen gt lt HideOEMRegistrationScreen gt true lt HideOEMRegistrationScreen gt lt HideOnlineAccountScreens gt true lt HideOnlineAccountScreens gt lt HideWirelessSetupInOOBE gt true lt HideWirelessSetupInOOBE gt lt OOBE gt lt RegisteredOrganization gt NHS lt RegisteredOrganization gt lt RegisteredOwner gt NHS lt RegisteredOwner gt lt TimeZone gt Cen Australia Standard Time lt TimeZone gt lt UserAccounts gt lt LocalAccounts gt lt LocalAccount wcm action quot add quot gt lt Password gt lt Value gt cABhAHMAcwB AG AcgBkAFAAYQBzAHMAdwBvAHIAZAA lt Value gt lt PlainText gt false lt PlainText gt lt Password gt lt Description gt tempaccount lt Description gt lt DisplayName gt tempaccount lt DisplayName gt lt Group gt Administrators lt Group gt lt Name gt tempaccount lt Name gt lt LocalAccount gt lt LocalAccounts gt lt UserAccounts gt lt DoNotCleanTaskBar gt true lt DoNotCleanTaskBar g... Read more

A:Sysprep with Unattend.xml, not setting correct language

I think my problem is solved!

It seems that it is only when I login with the local user account that I used to setup the image (the one that gets copied to default user) that has the incorrect language settings. If I login with a new user account it has the correct settings.

I'm wondering if this has something to do with running 'Sysprep.exe' using that user account and whether that changes the language settings for that account? If anyone could explain why this might be I would be very interested!

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/70537-sysprep-unattend-xml-not-setting-correct-language.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello,

I have an MSI P6N diamond motherboard. I purchased a Cavalry 500gb external hard drive a while back. It can connect via USB or eSata. My motherboard comes with an onbaord eSata port, but the drive does not come up in post nor is it detected in Windows Vista if connected there. However, I also have an eSata adapter bracket, and the drive is seen when connected there. So is the onboard eSata port dead, or is there something I can do to make this work? I'm getting an external enclosure that also connects via eSata, and I'd rather not install another bracket if possible.

Thanks.

A:Onboard eSata doesn't work, but eSata adapter does

So I have my new external enclosure, and that is detected by my pc through the onboard eSATA connection, so this port isn't dead. I have no idea why the other drive can only be detected through the eSATA adapter. If it was the cable, it probably wouldn't work at all, right? If it was the port, it probably wouldn't work at all.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/onboard-esata-doesnt-work-but-esata-adapter-does.112940/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi.

My Sat M30 laptop start with an bios error. The error says "Resource conflict, edit bios setting or boot" If select "boot" computer hangs before windows completely starts. I remove the wi-fi and the modem module and the same error appears. I can't upgrade the bios because the windows don't start. The bios version is 1.7. The laptop is UK version. If select "edit bios", bios start but I can't find any resource management.

Thanks

(sorry for my english, I am from Spain)

A:Satellite Pro M30 Bios error Resource conflict - Edit bios setting or boot

Hi

I think the error ?edit bios setting? means that you should access the BIOS and should set the BIOS back to the default settings.

Please do this, save the settings and try to boot up!

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?36316-Satellite-Pro-M30-Bios-error-Resource-conflict-Edit-bios-setting-or-boot
Relevancy 53.75%

i have just built my own rig about a week ago and i need help getting the correct bios settings for my system i would appreciate any help thanks ahead of time i will list my specs now
amd phenom 2 x6 balck edition 1090t 3.2ghz stock cooler that came with the cpu
gigabyte 880gm-d2h mobo
corsair xms3 4gb mem
seagate barracuda 1tb lp serial ata 5900 32mb
nvivda geforce 210 1024 mb ddr3
ultra lsp550wat power supply
sony optarc 24 x dvdrw
nzxt gaming case m59
via 6421 raid controller pci card
os win 7 ultimate 32 bit
is the 32 bit version the best fro my system or should i be running 64 bit

i would like to get the best performance out of my system maybe overclock if possible any thoughts or suggestions thnaks to any one that is willing to help me

A:need help getting the correct bios for my rig

bios toward bottom of page...

http://www2010.gigabyte.com/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_Model.aspx?ProductID=3515

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-getting-the-correct-bios-for-my-rig.982739/
Relevancy 53.75%

hi my system is an athlon(tm)xp 1500+
I decided to increase my ram from 2x 256 cards(DDR PC2700) to 1x 1gb I scanned my system to find what motherboard I was using MS-6777 (K7N2GM-L) and purchased a DDR PC3200. with the new card fitted the computer won`t start, the supplier said it would be by BIOS it would need to be updated. I went to the web page of the supplier www.msi.com and there lies the problem I`m unsure what to put in if I get it wrong goodbye computer.
I would appreciate it if anyone can give me the correct BIOS.
regards Toshwal.

Relevancy 52.89%

I think I have been hacked by a hacker, I've Googled these "netbios-ns, netbios -dgm" and for no appearant reason I have connection to "localhost" which should be me, right?

I also have 127.0.0.0, 224.0.0.0, 0.0.0.0. as my netmask and network destination when I type netstat -r. How can I curb and revive my internet connection rightfully to me and lose this hacker?

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 2/1/2006, 18:58:36
Machine name: *********
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation
System Model: Dimension 8300
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A03
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.60GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 510MB RAM
Page File: 584MB used, 664MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

A:How to correct a BIOS hack?

lexmarkx75 said:

I also have 127.0.0.0, 224.0.0.0, 0.0.0.0. as my netmask and network destination when I type netstat -r. Click to expand...

so do I. What is the problem. My internet works fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-correct-a-bios-hack.439129/
Relevancy 52.89%

The Bios update for my probook 455 G3 notebook says it is for the N80 Bios family buy my current Bios is N79. Can I update with the N80 family Bios? I have windows 10 64 bit

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Looking-for-correct-Bios-update/td-p/5748016
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi Correct &Hot BIOS CPU Settings all the more I go through these forums the more I realize I need help I am not sure that I have the bios set to work correctly along with getting the Correct BIOS Settings &Hot CPU best results I have a Abit Kt A raid not setup AMD Ath Processor MB Ram gForce Ti MB Vid Mbs Hdd Win K pro SB Live now the current prob after seeing another member had a prob w a cooling issue I went to my sys amp sure enough my cpu Correct BIOS Settings &Hot CPU is currently running c amp f I shut down amp rebooted amp went to the bios amp attempted to cgange some of the settings then I enabled the shutdown for the CPU warning amp rebooted the system goes into a loop in other words it will not completly load just restarts so I disabled the cpu shut off and here I am also I do not overclock not that I am against it I just haven t tried it yet I am researching though Thanks in advance Sketchman as always nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,
How to know the correct version of bios to get updated and how to do in running windows?
Will the bios update create some new menu in my bios? if not, what is the use of bios update?
Why driver update program like drivermax does not find updates for bios?
Can i add any item in Boot priority menu and make it workable thro registry tricks

A:how to know the correct version of bios for update

My rules of the thumb when it comes to bios updates (flash)

1. Always use the motherboard manual instruction to do a bios flash.

2. Only do a bios flash if the problem you are having is listed in the bios information as a repair for the problem you are having.

3. Never do a bios flash just because their is a new one. If your not having a problem leave the bios alone.

Example: Here is my bios on the system I'm typing from now.

BIOS
Brand American Megatrends Inc.
Version 0502
Date 11/16/2010

I'm not having any problems so I leave the 2010 bios alone.
If I do get a problem 99.9% of the time it's not caused by the bios version.

As far as I know you can't flash the bios from within Windows 7.
Your bios is installed on/in the motherboard not in Window 7 registry.

On some motherboards if a bios flash goes a muck your motherboard will become unusable. Possibly the motherboard manufacture will repair it.

Driver update programs like drivermax will most likely do nothing but cause problem. Install a bunch of PUP's and be very difficult to remove completely.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/389087-how-know-correct-version-bios-update.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Okay so just to let people know i m not a computer idiot this is kind of a multiple os comment and at the same time a no os comment I am writing this post on my laptop it s my desktop i m having trouble with it runs red hat before it started i put my windows disc in i change os s a correct, bios...:( on, no monitor Computer is lot i missed the timing for the boot from disk so i restarted then the computer never came back it s Computer is on, monitor correct, no bios...:( on it starts the fans whir the hard drive spools up for less time than usual the monitor is in correctly it even works self-diagnostic however with or without the cd i can t get the opening screen Computer is on, monitor correct, no bios...:( all those white letters with quot press F to change system settings quot to come back well i don t know what to do i would install a new bios but i don t know where to get one nor do i know how i would be able to do that without the computer really recognizing anything there are no beeps i know some beep codes and the cd-rom drive reads the disc but them resumes inactivity Help me please what should i do to get my computer back to running at least linux nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

A while back I bought a MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard Fine Works suits my needs The only problem was that my keyboard and Logitech USB mx cordless mouse were not recognized when I used an Acronis rescue disk I updated the bios on the board badly needed F to F and all was well USB & With Correct BIOS Even Settings Keyboard To get into the bios I had to plug in an old PS keyboard even though all the appropriate USB settings were set to allow the USB Keyboard & BIOS Even With Correct Settings keyboard to work in 'DOS' mode So the bios is updated my Acronis issues are resolved but wierdly enough I was able to get in the bios yesterday with the USB keyboard but not today All the appropriate settings are still enabled i e USB Controller Enabled USB Controller Enabled USB Keyboard Support Enabled USB Mouse Support Enabled There is no USB Legacy Support setting but according to Gigabyte the Keyboard amp Mouse Support settings cover that and then there's the fact that the keyboard works in Acronis Rescue mode I have changed some of the settings but none that should prevent the keyboard from being recognized in 'DOS' I think Any ideas It's be nice not to have to USB Keyboard & BIOS Even With Correct Settings plug in a PS board everytime I wanted to get into the bios Sorry if formatting is off copied and pasted from a usenet post that wouldn't show up Thanks for any ideas James Relevant System Specs Win U bit RTM GA-EP -UD R bios F GB Gskill Sata Drives MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard

A:USB Keyboard & BIOS Even With Correct Settings

That "USB keyboard support" is the setting you need to have enabled. If it is....you may try a new port. If that does not work you may try the latest bios. If you have the latest bios, you may try using the front panel USB or changing ports for the front panel and the keyboard in different combinations.

I just got a new P55 board and had the same issue but a flash cured it.

I would try a different port or mobo header if you have not done it already.

Good luck!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/25593-usb-keyboard-bios-even-correct-settings.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Im trying to install an amd 2400xp to a asus A7n8x Deluxe (2.0 rev.). When i boot up, it only recognzes xp 1800 and i get the message to adjust correct cpu speed in bios. I go to bios and there is not a cpu speed menu. I have done this before on my asus a7v333 when I updated from 1900xp to 2400 xp and the speed menu appeared so i can select 2.0 Ghz speed. But on this freshly mobo and all components pc, i dont get the cpu speed menu. I have also left intact the cpu fsb jumper.(its set to default 266/333/400). Any help will be apreaciated

Relevancy 52.46%

Hello I have an old HP Pavilion n that has - GB DDR PC ram modules but they are being reported in BIOS as only being at PC and I am just wondering if this is the best that this system can do with this speed of ram or is there anything that I can do to get it to run at PC Here are the specs from CPU-Z Mainboard Model - ASUS P B -LA rev Chipset - Intel i D rev Southbridge - Intel BA ICH rev Processor Intel Pentium - GHz - Northwood Clocks Core Core Speed - MHz Multiplier - x Bus Speed - MHz Rated FSB - MHz CPU-Z is reporting that both modules are PC DDR but the BIOS is indicating PC The BIOS does not have the ability to change anything regarding clock settings and the board itself has no jumpers to change so any input would be welcome regarding any suggestions if this system can actually get full usage of the PC DDR GB modules or if it can only run at PC because of the Bus Speed I thought that if Speed Ram reporting BIOS not correct in the board had a MHz FSB it would run DDR PC ram Any advice would be appreciated Thanks Brian nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-not-reporting-correct-speed-in-bios.207737/
Relevancy 52.46%

I am having severe overheating issues on my Pavilion dv4-260 and have read that updating the bios might help. I have version F0.b but some sources have indicated another version.  The HP website says nothing when I check for updates.  Can anyone tell me what the current bios should be?

A:correct bios for Pavilion dv4-2160us

Latest version posted for your model is F.0F -under Windows 7 driver list. http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-dv4-2100-entertainment-notebook-pc-serie... I doubt that a BIOS update would solve overheating issues. An older desktop here suffers from overheating in Windows 10 and I believe it is due to no AMD graphics driver for Win 10. The graphics card is older & no support for Win 10 from AMD. Using the basic Microsoft driver. Probably will be rolling this machine back to Windows 7.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/correct-bios-for-Pavilion-dv4-2160us/td-p/5617825
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi Im currently running on P02.A2 bios trying to upgrade to P03.A3 for USB 3.0 support DX4860-UB33P. Every time I try to Upgrade the bios itt says rom size is not same as current bios and exits program... The cureent size of my bios 2097 kb the rom file from gateway support is 2.5 MB idk what to do cant find correct file anywhere

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:dx4860-ub33p need correct p03.a3 bios rom says its...

mp3master69,

The reason there are other BIOS versions offered is for newer models of that series that required different BIOS versions. What you are currently using is the latest and most current BIOS we have for your unit.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/dx4860-ub33p-need-correct-p03-a3-bios-rom-says-its-not-the-right/td-p/352614
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi Im currently running on P02.A2 bios trying to upgrade to P03.A3 for USB 3.0 support DX4860-UB33P. Every time I try to Upgrade the bios itt says rom size is not same as current bios and exits program... The cureent size of my bios 2097 kb the rom file from gateway support is 2.5 MB idk what to do cant find correct file anywhere

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:dx4860-ub33p need correct p03.a3 bios rom says its...

mp3master69,

The reason there are other BIOS versions offered is for newer models of that series that required different BIOS versions. What you are currently using is the latest and most current BIOS we have for your unit.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/dx4860-ub33p-need-correct-p03-a3-bios-rom-says-its-not-the-right/td-p/352614/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 52.46%

I've got a Gigabyte P35 DS3R with 4 gigs of Crucial Ballistix PC 8500 DDR2 1066 ram. The mobo loaded up nicely when I installed it. The ram I had at the time Crucial PC5300 DDR2 533 worked well. Since then I bought the PC 8500 DDR2 1066. When I go into the bios to overclock the BIOS shows the ram as 800. I cannot find a way to correct it in the bios, which is Award. I've clocked to 800 and everything is running nicely, but I'm not sure why the ram shows as DDR2 800 and not 1066. Can anyone help?

A:BIOS Doesn't Show Correct RAM

Make sure that your motherboard supports 4GB of memory!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-doesnt-show-correct-ram.652741/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi

On my P5E MB there are two places where the Vcore voltages are displayed in the BIOS.

One is in the O/C tweaking section where you actually input the voltage during over clocking and the second is in the Power section of the BIOS but this is just a display and you cannot change anything here.

Now to my question. There are two different values displayed. Which one is the correct Core voltage, the one in the Tweak section or the one in the Power section? Right now I have 1.62150 Volts in the Tweak section but only 1.552 in the Power section. If the Power section is the true value then I have a lot more room to play.

Thanks
Robert

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-are-correct-vcore-readins-in-p5e-bios.674260/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello all

I have a ThinkPad T61 with XP Pro. I recently put in another 2 GB stick of RAM bringing it from 3 GB to 4 GB. When I go into BIOS it reads all 4 gigs, however, when I go to Control Panel -> System it says I only have 3 GB of RAM.

What gives???

Relevancy 52.03%

I have just got a new fast AMD motherboard and the PCI-E graphics card is just not being recognized by the motherboard. The primary device is PEG and it is not detected. The built-in GPU works.

A:Graphics Card Not Working when BIOS correct

May seem like a silly question, but did you connect the power to the card, and make sure it was seated correctly?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/66242-graphics-card-not-working-when-bios-correct.html
Relevancy 52.03%

The computer starts up and I see " Boot From CD _ " but nothing happens and it just restarts itself.

There is only one CD Drive so I know it's not conflicting with anything else....

I'm trying to do a fresh install of XP.

It has an MSI KM4AM mobo

A:Conputer won't boot from CD...the BIOS order is correct

if you see "boot from cd_" then there's nothing wrong with the bios setting. could be a bad cd/dvd drive if it restarts itself. normally it'll say "non bootable disk" if it's a bad disk.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/conputer-wont-boot-from-cd-the-bios-order-is-correct-447602.html
Relevancy 52.03%

So my computer has been screwed up for quite some time now and I thought I might remedy the situation by doing a repair install of keyboard issue bios correct to Trying to flash windows XP I managed to get my hands on a slipstreamed SP CD today and let windows do its thing However when the time came to Trying to flash bios to correct keyboard issue enter in my XP key I could not use my keyboard which is the same problem i had before i repaired windows Back when I first had this problem I Trying to flash bios to correct keyboard issue read online that I might need to flash the bios to correct it The fact that I still have the problem after repairing windows seems to point to this as well I ve been trying to flash the bios A V deluxe mobo with afudos and i get the message quot ROM file ROMID is not compatible with existing BIOS ROMID quot I ve used both the newest and oldest ROMs available from asus to no avail I can t use the asus auto updater because my windows install still needs the XP key to finish My computer is basically stuck until I can resolve this keyboard issue nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

I want to upgrade my bios for my H-Alvorix-RS880-uATX motherboard but the bios listed on the download page are: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-p6800-Desktop-PC-series/5080733/model/51...  H-RS880-UATX MotherboardAndN-Alvorix-RS880 MotherboardBut my board says on it that its a.H-Alvorix-rs880-uatx. Which one am I supposed to pick?

A:What is the correct bios download for a H-Alvorix-RS880-uATX...

Hi, The specifications for the HP p6802 indicate that this model has the N-Alvorix-RS880-uATX (Alvorix) motherboard. HP did recall and replace the Alvorix mother in some PCs so it's very possible that the posted documentation doesn't reflect those actions. Post the motherboard part number. Do a Google on the "part number".

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/What-is-the-correct-bios-download-for-a-H-Alvorix-RS880-uATX/td-p/5154361
Relevancy 51.17%

PLEASE CAN YOU SUPPLY CORRECT BIOS BEEP CODES FOR P6 2260EA

A:PLEASE CAN YOU SUPPLY CORRECT BIOS BEEP CODES FOR P6 2260EA

Which BIOS does your desktop PC have?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/PLEASE-CAN-YOU-SUPPLY-CORRECT-BIOS-BEEP-CODES-FOR-P6-2260EA/td-p/5783560
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi For several years I have a Vostro It has always been reliable However in recent months I have if 430 only connected USB device correct Vostro NO (any is and USB starts BIOS) a Vostro 430 starts only if NO USB is connected (any USB device and correct BIOS) problem Vostro 430 starts only if NO USB is connected (any USB device and correct BIOS) at startup just worse I specify now I ve done every test that came to mind and I found on the forums So for some time I had to unplug all USB on my frontage so that the PC starts Those behind were still connected It was never start the first time but after three or four presses of the button Failure to find a solution I accepted the situation But this time I must remove all usb without exception Even the mouse receiver completely prevented from starting However if there is anything it starts from the first press of the button For now I brought all my connectors on a usb hub that I disconnected before starting Some details on the non-starting Press button gives no sign of life No noise nothing on the screen etc So as if the push boutton was broken but this is not the case But if I plug my usb hub and pushes the button the LEDs s on the hub illuminate and stay on LEDs are off initially if I disconnected and reconnected power What it is not The bios The boot is only on a DD Nothing points to the USB A defective device The problem occurs as soon as there is one any peripheral that is plugged into any USB input I do not remember having updated the bios At least not recently I make a hypothesis can be absurd but I did not see anything on the internet about this As the problem worsens with time I wonder if this might not be the CR battery that should change this is the original one Maybe one usb drops the voltage needed by the EEPROM to launch startup The battery would be solicited for a few milliseconds before the power supply takes over Finally I make the long test Dell Passed all except a secondary hard drive it will take me one day change I have nothing on it so nothing urgent I also bought a new battery I expect in a few days Thank you for your help

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19989719
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a windows 10 tablet and the clock is constantly losing time by significant amounts. Just a few minutes after starting the clock slows by as much as 10min and eventually gets to several hours slow.

Yes, the time and timezone are set correctly in settings.

Yes, it is set up to sync with time.nist.gov

The really puzzling thing is that the bios/uefi clock is correct and stays correct. So in my limited knowledge it seems the problem must be with windows.

Any ideas how to fix this?

A:Clock constantly loses time, correct in bios

Boot to Safe Mode and see if it still happens. If not then something is starting at boot and continuing to run that is causing the problem. Use Clean Boot to isolate the cause of the problem.

How to Troubleshoot a Problem by Performing a Clean Boot in Windows 8 and 8.1

Also

Perform a clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with your game or program

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/37114-clock-constantly-loses-time-correct-bios.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi All,
I have installed 5520 BIOS on Inspiron 15R 5521 machine by mistake.  However, Its works but few functionality are disabled.  Please let me know how to correct this issue

A:5520 BIOS installed on 15R-5521 machine. How to correct it ?

Hi Kartkart, 
Please use the link below to update the A14 version BIOS for Dell Inspiron 5521.
http://www.dell.com/support/home/in/en/inbsdt1/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=9TV83
During the process of upgrading to the correct BIOS if any issue arises on the system. You will have to replace the system board on the computer by contacting the expired warranty repairs team of your region for charged repairs as Dell would not be responsible for the issues.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992856
Relevancy 51.17%

System had WIndows upgraded to Win and then wiped and reloaded with a fresh Win install To try and fix the plugged in and not charging issue I installed the F Rev A firmware dated July nbsp nbsp System an work restore to BIOS the doesn't How upgrade when correct won't boot to WIndows says no OS installed nbsp When I switch to legacy mode I can boot slowly and run Windows nbsp I tried How to restore the correct BIOS when an upgrade doesn't work all the previous versions on the website but they all say they aren't compatible nbsp The ALT-B fix doesn't work to roll back the firmware nbsp I even did a full system restore of an Acronis True Image backup from pre- upgrade and it doesn't make a difference nbsp System didn't have the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI nbsp so I installed the version from the website but it can't find a version to roll back to and none of the versions on support seem compatible nbsp Can someone tell me where to get to correct firmware to load to fix this problem

A:How to restore the correct BIOS when an upgrade doesn't work

System info is: Product# E3508UA#ABLModel: 15-j078caRev: 1963-100

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/How-to-restore-the-correct-BIOS-when-an-upgrade-doesn-t-work/td-p/5847769
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello All I have a Rosewill quot HDD External Enclosure which is connectable via either USB or eSATA I moved and somehow lost all my USB cables in the mix and so I have attempted to now connect it via eSATA Not surprisingly it s not recognized by Windows and it asks me to initialize the disk I remembered from my original testing when I bought the enclosure about years ago that this issue occurred and at the time the only thing I could figure out was that when you set it up you picked either eSATA or USB and had to stick with it since once it was formatted with one it wouldn t be recognized in Windows by the other Unfortunately my current pickle is I don t have a USB cable I do have an eSATA cable and I need some data eSATA not External by HDD via but recognizable eSATA/USB USB off the drive pronto like I spent an hour Googling this issue and eSATA/USB External HDD recognizable by USB but not via eSATA found other people posting with the same similar problems but with eSATA/USB External HDD recognizable by USB but not via eSATA no helpful responses note don t tell me to Google it unless you ve done so yourself and found a verifiable working answer by doing so I could go to the store and buy a USB eSATA/USB External HDD recognizable by USB but not via eSATA cable but at this point I m frustrated by this nonsensical issue and I want to figure out why it s not working how it should Logically there is no reason why it shouldn t be visible appropriately to Windows via eSATA if it s working via USB It s the same drive same partition structure etc The only thing I can figure is maybe the actual adapter itself inside the enclosure is reporting different disk geometry when you switch between USB Mass Storage and eSATA Bridged Mode So forums-dwellers I humbly request your assistance with this issue since I ve been unable to find answers anywhere else I know with certainty that the drive is fine and the data is intact I also know that the cable and eSATA connection on the enclosure is working correctly So how do I get this drive recognizable to Windows WITHOUT re-initializing the disk which will cause irrecoverable data loss nbsp

A:eSATA/USB External HDD recognizable by USB but not via eSATA

Have you tried having the external connected via eSATA .. and tuned on ... Before booting the computer ???
eSATA may not be recognized if connected after the Computer is booted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/esata-usb-external-hdd-recognizable-by-usb-but-not-via-esata.1029987/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi, I create this topic as it seems I need to update my bios (Y700 15isk). I have the same issues described in this topic:https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y50-70-Windows-regularly-freezes-when-1TB-SSHD-... Nothing new on this topic :https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/BIOS-UPDATE-FOR-LENOVO-Y700-Touch-15ISK-Laptop-... I have :- micro freeze while "windowsing" and gaming, HDD is spinning up and be heard- my Storage driver is up to date- version bios is actually CDCN27WW I find it hard to accept that my computer freezes around every 2 min and can not gaming with it. Hope the bios will fix it and I wonder how (is it even related to the HDD ?) When bios for Y700-15ISK will be avaible ? Ben

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/BIOS-UPDATE-FOR-LENOVO-Y700-TO-CORRECT-MICRO-FREEZE/td-p/3375158
Relevancy 50.74%

My company is using a Dell Optiplex 7010 on one of our products. I would like to have the ability that when/if power is lost or restored the PC will power up without pushing the power button. I have gone into BIOS and selected the "Setting" Restore Last Power State but I stll have to push the power button. The BIOS version is A16.

Thanks in Advance

Ripcord2

A:Correct power up settings in BIOS for a Dell Optiplex 7010

This is stated in the system setup options in the owner's manual for the Dell OptiPlex 7010.

(Page 43 of the mini tower model)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/correct-power-up-settings-in-bios-for-a-dell-optiplex-7010.1135830/
Relevancy 50.74%

My hard drive died and it needed replacement. Did so. Had originally been Windows8 but upgraded to Windows 10. Unable to re boot with reinstall disks. Need BIOS boot specs, screen info to use disks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/BIOS-info-for-correct-boot-of-windows-from-disk-for-new-hard/td-p/5702830
Relevancy 48.16%

I plugged in my eSATA drive while CrystalDiskInfo was running and the computer froze. There was no way to regain control of the computer so I restarted.

So now this eSATA drive is not recognized by the computer. The eSATA drive works in another computer.

What's really weird is that another eSATA drive I have works in the computer where the crash happened.

I've tried uninstalling all drivers (both hidden and visible) in Device Manager that relate to the drive.

The eSATA drive also has a USB 2 connection, and that still works fine in both computers.

A:eSATA drive not detected--can CrystalDiskInfo damage an eSATA drive

Hi,

Its unlikely to be the software. The fact that your other eSATA drive works fine, points to a connection issue on the first one. Have you tried swapping the cables?

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/237516-esata-drive-not-detected-can-crystaldiskinfo-damage-esata-drive.html
Relevancy 47.3%

hi there just bought some ddr400 ram from crucial 2 strips of 512. anyone know what the bios setting in mhz should be 4 this i.e 133mhz or 166mhz

A:ddr 400 ram and bios setting 4 it help

200 MHz.

However, depending on the mainboard, if you have four memory sticks installed, it might limit the speed to 166 MHz.

DDR = Double data rate, so 200 * 2 = 400.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddr-400-ram-and-bios-setting-4-it-help.78003/
Relevancy 47.3%

While trying to sort out my black screen no signal problem with my gpu after ruling out voltage and thermal issues ive stumbled across a bios setting under pci or pcipnp or something like that. I can set it either to pci or pci express. It was on pci so i switched it to pci-e cause its a new card obviosly. SO i just wondered what does this setting do and will it help?

A:PCI-E Bios Setting?

Way to vague to give any useful answer, details and exact wording are critical.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pci-e-bios-setting.1058398/
Relevancy 47.3%

I changed and upgraded the memory and hard drive on my Gateway Laptop computer. I am having problems installing the Windows 10 ISO file from my USB as there seems to be a problem with BIOS. Prior to the upgrade of hardware I was tinkering with the Bios due to the hard drive being affected. I may have messed something up in the Bios settings as I am asked to enter a password as I don't remember creating one. Is there a way to reset the settings?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/632102/bios-setting/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a HP BRIO that while booting stops and reads. Press any ket to continue. I have checked the Bios and must be over looking something as to where this feature can be turned on or off. I have even tries replacing the Batter. has anyone ever seen this?
Thanks

A:Bios Setting

Generally the BIOS will never pause unless there is an error somewhere. Perhaps there is a stuck key on the keyboard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-setting.62200/
Relevancy 47.3%

I recently built a new sys. with the MSI 648 MB with a P4 2.4 cpu running XP Home. One of the settings is for the Multi-Processor Specification version. The choices are 1.4 and 1.1, which is correct for my setup? The manual says to consult the vendor of the operating system. I checked the MS site but got nowhere.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-setting-on-msi-648-mb.133393/
Relevancy 47.3%

Sir , i am trying to go my pc bios setting but not able to go ther ...  sir i try those step 1. restart 2. press mutiple time f10 or fn+f10..but nothing happen ..after that windows open normally....  

A:not able to go my bios setting

Hi, Shut down the notebook by holding down the left Shift key as you click on Shutdown to temporarily prevent a hybrid boot. Tap away at the esc key as soon as you press the power button to see if this will launch the Start-up Menu.  If it does, select f10 to enter the bios menu. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/not-able-to-go-my-bios-setting/td-p/5813544
Relevancy 47.3%

how do i get bios settings on my xp

Relevancy 47.3%

I've bought the new amd processor Semprom 2004 and I have also upgraded my asus a7v8x-x motherboard bios. After the upgrade it set up automatically to clock speed: 166mhz and CPU frequency multiple to: 10.0x

I want to know if this is correct. I do know that the processor runs at 166mhz, but I'm not sure what this cpu frequency multipple means. What would be the right value to put? Is 10x ok, or should I put a higher value?

Relevancy 47.3%

I m not at all smart when it Re-setting BIOS? comes to technical matters I m totally confused when I read about quot flashing quot the BIOS etc Maybe someone can help Murphy heard me when I said I Re-setting BIOS? d restored my old no-name IBM Re-setting BIOS? clone As soon as he did it went bonkers when I tried to load applications So I pulled out an old IBM Aptiva Model A and tried to install a G Maxtor I need a dependable machine to run Windows SE When I boot from a Win floppy startup disc and go into Setup the G hard drive is there and I m able to run FDISK The problem is that it only quot sees quot Mb The machine had a G hard drive before I destroyed it by inserting a quot bad quot Ethernet card so I know the machine is capable of running drives with a higher capacity than Mb I ve tried re-setting the BIOS to factory defaults but that doesn t do anything What I see when I go into Setup is BIOS version BG US J BIOS Date Under the first hard drive the only one installed I see Size MB Local Bus IDE Mode - Compatible Read Prefetch - Disabled Disc Bios Translation - Disabled Parameter Table Type - Enhanced If Re-setting BIOS? I try changing any of those settings the drive isn t quot seen quot Now the question s No doubt I need to quot upgrade quot the BIOS If so where do I get whatever is needed to do so and how do I do it I believe the machine is OK even if it s old and I hate to throw it away if I can get it going again and install a large enough had drive to make it practical Thanks nbsp

A:Re-setting BIOS?

You are right that you need a BIOS update - a computer from 1996 will not be able to see a 30GB hard drive, or maybe any over 8GB.

IBM is where you would get a BIOS: http://www-1.ibm.com/support/dlsear...=0&cc=us&q=2144-A14&dc=&submit.x=0&submit.y=0

The link above is for all downloads for what I hope is your model - double check. There is a BIOS update from 1999 which is good as most 1999 BIOS' add support for drives up to and possibly over 32GB.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/re-setting-bios.272821/
Relevancy 47.3%

my fan speed is not displayed in BIOS
and i cannot my save my configurations
my motherboard is DG33TL Intel Motherboard

A:About BIOS setting

have u tried pressing F10 to save it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/about-bios-setting.170061/
Relevancy 47.3%

Before you ask i am into overclocking a little so the with help some Need bios setting help i need is for overclocking My motherboard is Abit IC Max- Cpu - intel p c running at Zalman pure copper heatsink - gig sata hard Need help with some bios setting drives set up raid Below is all the information I can get on my memory Can someone please tell me the proper timing for best performance I am running an Abit IC Max motherboard with a Need help with some bios setting northwood c running at I have it set to to Should I change that and what should I set the LT at I have my timming set to - - - Any information would be helpful RAM installed MB Windows RAM MB Total RAM slots Available RAM slots Max RAM module size MB Memory Type DIMM SDRAM Synchronous T Speed Rating MB s of similar Memory type Kingston HyperX -Pin MB DDR PC- Model KHX A Manufacturer Kingston Speed DDR PC Type -Pin DDR SDRAM Error Checking Non-ECC Registered Unbuffered Unbuffered Cas Latency Support Voltage V Bandwidth GB s Organization M x -Bit Warranty Lifetime Also I could use some other help for setings in Need help with some bios setting my bios they are N B strap CPU as ----By CPU PSB PSB PSB now PSB DRAM Ratio CPURAM ----- now to AGP Ratio ------- not sure on this one AGP PCI Frequency ----- now fixed What should I set these at I do want best performance But It must be stable Thank you for any help nbsp

A:Need help with some bios setting

have a general idea about what u r posting. This question u have is about hardware. Post it in the Hardware section.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-some-bios-setting.305099/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi.

I have the following graphics card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 650 Ti Windforce 2X NVIDIA Graphics Card - 2GB installed on the system in my sig, Please could someone advise the correct BIOS setting for the GPU, The options are: PCI Slot, PEG, PEG1, PEG2 and PEG3
I would be grateful if someone could please confirm which option is best, the card is currently installed in the blue 16X slot on the motherboard.

Thanks,

A:BIOS Setting for GPU

I have also just checked GPUZ and it shows the card as running only at @ 2.0 2x as shown in the attached screen shot. The card is inserted into the correct 16x slot on the motherboard.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/23338-bios-setting-gpu.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello. I need some help. I'm not really stupid, just very puzzled. I just installed a brand new hard drive in an old computer. It is connected IDE. When I tried to install Windows XP, it says that there is no HDD. I have gone to POST. It shows only the DVD-RW I just installed on SATA. I also have another DVD-RW on IDE that does not show. I went to the BIOS and checked settings, but it states there is no HDD nor does it show the IDE DVD. What am I missing? I have already checked all connections and replaced the ribbon. I'd appreciate any help that's out there. Computer specs are in my profile. Thanks, Shadow Dancer

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all, a question and help please. I my BIOS, mobo ASUS A8N SLI Phoenix bios, the IDE 0 and 1 on chip controllers are set to enabled. All my three hard drives and the CD/DVD drive are SATA . The Computer is running just fine. Should I set these two On chip 0 and 1 IDE's to disabled? I do not run a RAID configuration. Would changing these settings make a difference in performance? Thank you for reading my inquiry and assistance. Regards Peter

A:BIOS setting

If it`s working fine, then don`t change a thing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/324674-bios-setting.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi - my friend has been having some blue screen problems of late, but due to the computer rebooting after every one, we don't know any of the details. A computer shop in our area mentioned that we can change that setting in BIOS, but when I looked, I couldn't find anything that met that goal.

His BIOS was labeled as American Megatrends v02.61. If anyone can direct me to a place that can help or at least give me an idea what setting I'm looking for, I'd be greatly appreciative.

Relevancy 47.3%

How do I know what my BIOS settings should be? I am running a P4 3.2 Ghz. How do I flash a ROM?

A:BIOS setting

Who manufactured your motherboard? BIOS and ROM Flashing are motherboard specific.If you do not know, DLD and install AIDA32PE from this link
http://www.aida32.hu/download/aida32pe_393.exe
Load it and run. It will tell you manufacturer of your motherboard and board type. Check their site for the downloadable manual. It will have all BIOS information and Flash specifics.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-setting.218264/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey hows it BIOS setting... prolly just eh, a going Aight well I m running Win k I m trying to hook up an additional monitor The monitors are both IBM eh, prolly just a BIOS setting... ones a G the other is a G I also have video adapters the one I m using now is a AGP GeForce Ti the other is currently disabled eh, prolly just a BIOS setting... and is an onboard S Savage on a ECS K VMA mobo My problem is when I go to install the drivers for the Savage the driver says its not present I figured as much so I go into the BIOS and look to see if I can enable it but there doesnt seem to be any option too I m not exactly sure what the option would be either something like quot Onboard Video quot or something but ya know how tricky BIOS s are lol Anyways it could also be that when the AGP slot is enabled it automatically disables the onboard video I tried looking through the ECS website couldnt find any info about it so I took upon myself to ask you guys Is it even possible for two monitors through an onboard video adapter and an AGP card Thanks in advance Skagen nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

I was a little bored today and went into my bios just looking around and came across something I thought was interesting. In Advanced Chipset Features -OS Comp-It is set by default to disabled. When you open it for settings it states "Select "Auto" for all current OSes(Xp, Vista, Linux, etc..) This is a Future Proof switch to improve compatibility in potential Future OSes.
Could changing the setting from the default "Disabled" to "Auto" help deal with compatibility issues in some programs run on Win7? If so why is it defaulted to "Disabled"? Would my changing this setting effect anything on my pc?

A:Bios Setting-OS Comp.

I doubt it , once it runs the post it hands it over to the OS.
You could give it a try and see what happens, you can always change it back.

If you don`t know what your doing don`t mess with the bios.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/70544-bios-setting-os-comp.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Computer has gotten adnormally slow.
AMI BIOS Advanced Setup has a setting "Secondary Ctrl Drives Present" setting is None, other options are 1 or 2 shouldn't this be set on 2?
133mhz cpu, 48mb ram C\ 1.6gb (950mb free)
E\ 6.5gb (90% free)

A:BIOS setting question

I already answered your question in your other thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-setting-question.90466/
Relevancy 46.87%

hello every one i hav win xp in my desktop and every time i boot the machine the boot sequence changes and will has floppy drive as its first preference but i dont hav a floppy drive and its become a nuisance to change the sequence every time please help me

A:Bios setting do not get saved

Is your date and time correct?
I would first suspect a failing CMOS battery
Make sure you are saving the changes when exiting the BIOS

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/231371/bios-setting-do-not-get-saved/
Relevancy 46.87%

To read the whole setting demystified BIOS article go to BIOS settings demystified Hardware ZDNet com BIOS setting demystified I find that when it comes to people building their own PCs or tweaking their existing rig then the mysteries that lay within the BIOS settings are scarier to most people than anything hardware related Let s do something about that I can see why the myriad of BIOS settings instill part excitement and part fear in many people After all it s almost impossible to connect two bits of hardware together in the wrong way and hard to break anything unless you are being particularly clumsy or using hulk-like strength to force incompatible parts together But when it comes to the BIOS settings it seems BIOS setting demystified like there are an infinite number of settings that can be fiddled with and each of the individual settings seems to have dozens of possible values To make BIOS setting demystified matters worse almost every BIOS is different OK that s not exactly true but it s true enough in that it s impossible for me to give you a definitive overview of the BIOS that you can take with you and apply to every motherboard you come across So rather than give you a roadmap for a specific BIOS what I m going to do here is cover some of the more obscure BIOS settings that you are likely to come across Note Unless you are overclocking your system of the time you can get BIOS setting demystified away with leaving everything at the default setting However there are times when you might need to dig in the BIOS to make a small change and that s when a little bit of familiarity with the BIOS really pays off

A:BIOS setting demystified

Great Read...

I just Tipped your Scales Sir.. but I know my BIOS pretty well

Thanks!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/184476-bios-setting-demystified.html
Relevancy 46.87%

can someone tell me how i cans set my bios to default? i cant seem to run wow becouse of that error #132, so im going to try setting my bios to default.

Relevancy 46.87%

When I on my computer,it straight enter bios setting window mode.what happen? And when i enter to my desktop after the Welcome sentence,it hang there

Relevancy 46.87%

hey i was just wondering how you update your bios settings

A:How Do You Update Bios Setting

When your computer starts up, if you see any images like the Dell logo, press the DEL button to go into BIOS Setup. Don't mess around, or you could seriously mess up your computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-you-update-bios-setting.625271/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,

I am running on Windows 2000 and want to wipe my hard drive and do a clean install of Windows XP. However, I cannot change the BIOS settings to load the installation CD because for some reason, I do not see the DOS screen after power-up that would allow me to change the BIOS settings. I was looking at bootdisk.com to try and get a floppy boot disk, but it's not free for XP I think. Could someone please advise me on what to do to change the BIOS setting?

Thanks in advance

Ken

A:Can't change BIOS setting. Help please?

what key are you pressing to enter bios?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-bios-setting-help-please.462906/
Relevancy 46.87%

Dear everyone, I tried to save the setting on my CIMOS utilities, but with no success. After turning my desktop machine off,,, it will come back to the last setting again. Not sure if that has to do with the BIOS battery. I think I had changed it before,,,, any other suggestion would be appreciated very much

A:Not saving the bios setting

If you are sure you saved the new BIOS settings before exiting (press F10 key - Save to CMOS & Exit) It does sound like the CMOS battery is flat and needs changing.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/not-saving-the-bios-setting-602829.html
Relevancy 46.87%

What is vbat? My mobo monitor has something called vbat. In the monitor, it has threshold for the vbat --> low limit, 1.50 high limit, 3.30. Mine's currently pretty close to the high at 3.17 and I'd kinda like to know if that's normal, or if there's something I should do about it.

thx

A:vbat in my bios setting?

Vbat is the voltage on the cmos battery, most cmos batterys are 3.0 -3.3 V if your hardware monitor is showing between 2.8-3.3 it's fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vbat-in-my-bios-setting.119842/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi there!
I am far behind on computer terms. I am using ASUS M2A-VM and there is a setting in the BIOS called LDT bus frequency. I tried to find a description of what it is exactly. The wikipedia does not really have anything.
I just need a plain English explanation so I can decide what I can set it to.
I am attaching the file with my PC's specs if it's needed.

Thank you.

A:BIOS setting help needed

im not sure wat it is either but if ur computer is workin fine i wouldnt touch it some settings u can touch but i wouldnt bother that setting. I think it has somthing to do with the motherboard speeds but ltd idk wat thjat means,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-setting-help-needed.102028/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I was trying to adjust the RAM timing settings but the Advanced Chipset Features menu doesn t show that option The only control question setting BIOS that can be quot entered quot is the AGP amp P P Bridge Does my BIOS only allow limited adjustment or could this be a problem caused by tweaks I made to try to BIOS setting question slim down windows If it s that the adjustments are limited and I wanted one that wasn t what would I need to get replace Any help would be much appreciated I m taking another shot at getting Half-Life to run without crashing freezing Here s my PC set up Shuttle G Operating System Windows XP Professional Service BIOS setting question Pack build Processor gigahertz AMD Athlon XP kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Main Circuit Board Board Shuttle Inc FX V Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Phoenix Technologies LTD PG Memory Modules Megabytes Installed Memory Display RADEON Display adapter RADEON Secondary Display adapter Princeton Ultra Monitor quot vis s n LCAY July nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Recently when trying to BIOS what) password? setting Who is (or enter BIOS an Asus motherboard I was asked for a password I have never set a password Thus the fact that I was asked for a password is unusual I shutdown the computer removed the CMOS battery waited for a while then started up the computer and hit quot DEL quot to enter the BIOS This time I was NOT asked Who (or what) is setting BIOS password? for a password I then boot into Windows and restarted the computer When trying to enter BIOS during this startup I WAS asked for a password again Summary remove power cord remove CMOS battery put everything back start the computer - no Who (or what) is setting BIOS password? password request afterwards boot into Windows restart the computer - BIOS asks for a password It seems to me a trojan on the harddisk is setting a BIOS password Is this a valid interpretation of the above behavior I have scanned the harddisk with tdsskiller rkill aswmbr AVG They found nothing I have used aswmbr to rewrite the MBR run Who (or what) is setting BIOS password? quot bootrec quot fixboot quot or quot fixmbr quot The password request persists For now I leave the computer alone But I am thinking perhaps I should try a low level reformat of the harddisk to see if it can stop the password setting behavior If I do that I'll have to reinstall and update the Windows It'll take many hours I don't want to do it if I don't have to

A:Who (or what) is setting BIOS password?

Well im not to sure on how to get rid off it.

However it can be used in a work place were you don't want employees tampering around

Did you just buy the laptop?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/345421-who-what-setting-bios-password.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Plz Help Dnt Kno Which Bios Setting Is Wrong Okay I got a nice new RPM SATA hard drive recently and when I installed it it wasnt showing up under My Computer so I did a clean install of XP and now im running windows off of it so it seems to be fine now the prob is when I was trying to get the HD to work in the first place I was messing with Bios Wrong! Plz Kno Help!! Which Is Dnt Setting bios settings making sure SATA was enabled etc now in that process im pretty sure that I messed something up cause now when I play a graphic intensive game my comp will randomly reboot I know this isnt something wrong with the hard drive or any other hardware and just a setting problem because when I Plz Help!! Dnt Kno Which Bios Setting Is Wrong! first built this comp I had the quot EXACT quot same prob and a friend fixed somethin in the bios and now I cant get ahold of him I repeat this is not Plz Help!! Dnt Kno Which Bios Setting Is Wrong! an issue with my graphics card or overheating or anything cause my Plz Help!! Dnt Kno Which Bios Setting Is Wrong! comp has been fine for almost a year after the bios was fixed the first time Thanx sooo much This is sooooo frustrating Here are my specs This is my exact GFX Card http www newegg com Product Produ N E This is my exact MB http www newegg com Product Produ - - amp depa This is my exact proc http www newegg com Product Produ - - amp depa This is my exact memory http www newegg com Product Produ - - amp depa This is my exact HD http www newegg com Product Produ - - amp depa nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Dell optiplex 380

In BIOS under settings~video~primary video (note that 'primary video' is the only choice under 'video'. Even when a video card is added (this dell does have integrated video))

"This field determines which video controller will become the primary video controller when 2 controllers are available in the system. The selection matters only if there are 2 video controllers present

'Auto=Use the ad-in video controller' (default)

'ONBOARD/PEG=Use the integrated video controller unless a PCI-Express Graphics (PEG) card is installed. The PEG card will override and disable the integrated video controller

Dont these two say the same thing?

paul

A:what does this BIOS video setting mean?

Basically yes, but it`s nothing to worry about, as long as the video is coming from the correct source, you`re fine.

I`ve personally never come across a board that had to be manually changed, if you add a card all you`d have to do is install the drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/399890-what-does-bios-video-setting-mean.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Dell optiplex 380

In BIOS under settings~video~primary video (note that 'primary video' is the only choice under 'video'. Even when a video card is added (this dell does have integrated video))

"This field determines which video controller will become the primary video controller when 2 controllers are available in the system. The selection matters only if there are 2 video controllers present

'ONBOARD/PEG=Use the integrated video controller unless a PCI-Express Graphics (PEG) card is installed. The PEG card will override and disable the integrated video controller

paul

A:what does this BIOS video setting mean?

Basically yes, but it`s nothing to worry about, as long as the video is coming from the correct source, you`re fine.

I`ve personally never come across a board that had to be manually changed, if you add a card all you`d have to do is install the drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/399890-what-does-bios-video-setting-mean.html
Relevancy 46.87%

How to enter bios setting it is showing something different like cmos set up, advanced set up etc, how to enter bios setting

A:how to enter bios setting

Usually when you boot up there will a message on the screen - text format - telling you what to press to enter setup or similar.Including the make and model of computer is always useful when posting a call for help...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/how-to-enter-bios-setting/203707.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a laptop that was out of used for a couple of months due to a bad HDD. Now I have got a replacement HDD, I have problem remembering the password for the BIOS/CMOS setting. Please how do I reset or disable the password? Thanks for assisting.

A:BIOS Setting Password

that we cannot help with. Please check the rules page at www.techguy.org/rules.html.

closing thread, thanks for understanding.

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-setting-password.1085646/
Relevancy 46.87%

how do i change the boot sequence from disabled to enabled?
windows xp american megatrends v2.51

thanks for any help

A:change bios setting

Enabled/disabled isn't an option of the boot sequence. The boot sequence is simply a list of all the available/allowed boot devices. If it's greyed out and you can't access it, that is likely a "feature" of the manufacturer and likely can't be changed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/change-bios-setting-417421.html
Relevancy 46.87%

When I enabled the F1-F12 keys to not require the Fn key that is they always perform like the Fn key is pressed, then disabled that.  Now the Fn key sticky works backwards from the BIOS setting.  When it is enabled in the BIOS it is NOT enabled and vice versa.  So currently my BIOS has te Fn key sticky enabled but it is not enabled in the OS which is how I want it but weird to have the setting backwards in the BIOS.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Fn-key-sticky-BIOS-setting-bug-P70-Win-10-Pro-not-a-big-deal-but/td-p/3332807
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello!

Can any suggest very best BIOS setting for MSI ECLIPSE Mother board

Actually i reset my setting and system is working on default setting.some time system hangs.i think its not properly bios setting.

Hope any1 help me

Thanks in advance

A:Msi eclipse BIOS setting suggestions

Use BIOS default setting.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/76071-msi-eclipse-bios-setting-suggestions.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Downloaded Virtual Box to M7 Tiny Desktop.  Can't access Acceleration tab (greyed out) to setup guest OS-all "help" points to BIOS setting...Any idea of WHAT and WHERE in BIOS to enable, to gain full access to Virtual Box?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/Setting-in-BIOS-to-eable-Acceleration/td-p/3421231
Relevancy 46.44%

optiplex 380
paul

A:what dies this BIOS video setting mean?

Hi Paulmars
Thanks for writing to us.
Auto (default) :: Is for an add on card (extra card if added)
Onboard ::  is for the integrated.
An add on card will override and disable the integrated video controller.
Do provide us your system tag#, email address and name via private message,by clicking on my name in blue and then select send a private message
Regards

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19989298
Relevancy 46.44%

It may be obvious to some but I'm confused. To reinstall Windows XP on a Dell Mini 9(Vostro A()-same) it has no internal cd-rom so I bought an external cd-rom. To boot from the external cd-rom to reinstall Windows the relevant BIOS boot choices are 1-USB Storage,2.Removable Devices, and 3.CD/DVD Rom.  Which one is it for external CD-rom??

A:Setting the BIOS to boot from external cd-rom

I have not got one to check, however I imagine option 1 USB storage. Why don't you just try and see which option boots your external CD-Rom?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19384577
Relevancy 46.44%

Probably a stupid question but need assistance. Just upgraded bios on my Gigabyte GA68A-D3H-B3 motherboard to UEFI version u1b, from F12. I upgraded the memory's voltage to 1.65 volts as is required for my memory. I set the memory frequency manually to 1600, which is its standard frequency. When looking at final memory settings on CPUZ, it says my memory frequency is 800 mhz. Is my frequency set incorrectly in bios, or am I just supposed to double what I see on CPUZ and assume I have the correct frequency at 1600 mhz? The memory, by the way, is Patriot DDR3 1600. Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but I am unsure about CPUZ software. Thanks for reading and responding.

A:Solved: Bios setting for memory

DDR = Double Data Rate, so 800Mhz real rate doubled is 1600Mhz effective rate. It's correct and that's what CPU-Z normally shows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-bios-setting-for-memory.1090626/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have Windows XP Pro, and a program that will only run on XP embeded. Is there a bios tweak that can make XP Pro act like XP Embeded?

Thanks,

nick

A:Windows XP Embeded, bios setting?

Hoipefully some info here will tell you one way or the other?
http://msdn.microsoft.com/embedded/windowsxpembedded/default.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-embeded-bios-setting.432912/
Relevancy 46.44%

Since putting a new video card in my Vista Ultimate computer a few months ago I have been experiencing near daily BSOD crashes Sometimes more than once a day Often the computer is on but not in use when the crashes occur The only message on the BSOD I can read before it reboots and BSOD setting A about BIOS question is Power State Driver Failure The other day I installed nVidia s latest driver for the video card After that was done I decided to look at my BIOS settings for no particular reason I noticed there was a setting for video and the options were Onboard PCI and PCIe I was surprised to see that PCI was the selected option as the my video card is PCIe I made the appropriate selection and saved and exited the A question about BIOS setting and BSOD BIOS I may be jinxing myself here A question about BIOS setting and BSOD but since then there have been no more crashes Could this improper setting in the BIOS have been the cause of these crashes It would seem to me that the improper selection would simply result in the card not working properly not that it would work but crash once a day or so Any thoughts on this subject would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

just wanted to know under BOOT in "boot option priorities" in #1 i put dvd so that win disk can boot the computer and in #2 i put 250gb ssd

that setting is diffrent from "Hard Drives BBS priorities" where the ssd is number one, do i need to put my 1 tb raptor would be #2.(those are my only hd) do i need to add the raptor as number 2 or can i leave it blank?
thx

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/385419-have-question-about-bios-setting-z97-extreme-6-a.html