Windows Support Forum

Logitech wireless mouse - crazy left mouse button

Q: Logitech wireless mouse - crazy left mouse button

Hey all I just Logitech wireless mouse left - button crazy mouse installed Windows earlier today The install went fine until right near the end I had to click 'next' to a question which I had already done a few times but this time the tab was not responding I tried again and again then finally just hovered over the tab and pressed enter on my keyboard which did the trick Now that the OS is up and running everything is working fine but I just have one problem My left mouse button is doubling up as a 'back' button So if I am in a folder and want to double click a new folder or even if I just left click on empty space it will take me backwards Logitech wireless mouse - crazy left mouse button one folder A nightmare in internet explorer aswell For the time being Ive switched the two buttons around so I have an action button but no right click on the left mouse button now anymore Ive tried installing the original drivers and in compatibility for Vista but nothing seems to fix the problem Anybody have any suggestions Id be real grateful to hear them Cheers Oh and the mouse is a Logitech LX wireless Thanks Mikes

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Logitech wireless mouse - crazy left mouse button

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Logitech wireless mouse - crazy left mouse button

Have you tried the mouse on a different machine?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/27993-logitech-wireless-mouse-crazy-left-mouse-button.html
Relevancy 102.3%

Its a Logitech wireless optical mouse I ve pushed the reset button on the bottom tried restarting my computer and tried mouse...left working Logitech button wireless stops using the troubleshooting feature that came with the mouse itself Starting today the left button stopped working The right button works fine The batteries are new The scroll wheel works fine The pointer works fine I tried it again and suddenly it Logitech wireless mouse...left button stops working was working then the next time I went to click on something it stopped again I just got it for christmas what could be wrong The only thing I can possibly think of is that my month old had it in his hand last week banging on the keyboard with it Maybe he broke it a little bit and thats why its giving me trouble now Unless anyone knows what I can do to try and get it working then I think i ll have to buy a new one So help me if you can If not no worries I still have the mouse that came with my computer and I can get along with that until i get a new one nbsp

A:Logitech wireless mouse...left button stops working

I suspect you'll be buying a new one. It's probably the switch in the mouse, I've had those switches go on mice a number of times. Let's see, I've had 4-5 of them go in 50,000 posts, so you were due for a failure with 16,000!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-wireless-mouse-left-button-stops-working.569459/
Relevancy 89.9%

Actually it's a Kensington trackball. Starting an hour or so ago, every time I click the left button, either the line I am viewing and everything above it (as in an email client or Windows Explorer) gets selected; or in a browser, an entire new window opens. I now have five copies of Foxfire open, just from navigating to this site!

My only clue is that awhile back I was holding something down; I forget whether it was left button, right button, or some key; while I decided what to do, and a dialog popped up saying did I want this behavior to have some effect, I do not recall what. I believe I clicked "Cancel". But ever after, I cannot use the left mouse button for its intended purpose. Nothing in Control Panel helps at all.

Has anyone seen this behavior? How can I fix it?

--C

A:Solved: Mouse left button gone crazy!

sounds like some kind of gesture features or handicap features

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mouse-left-button-gone-crazy.826355/
Relevancy 83.39%

I Logitech stopped Left wireless working click mouse on (Solved) m creating this post just fyi should it help anyone else with this problem Here s what I Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) tried and at least in my case how i solved a quot mouse left click doesn t work quot problem I have a Logitech wireless laser mouse and use rechargeable AA batteries The other morning i powered on my computer as usual and tried using my Logitech Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) wireless mouse but left click didn t work although Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) rt click and mouse movement continued working just fine Things i first tried that didn t help gt Reinstalling Logitech Setpoint and mouse drivers gt Reinstalling Logitech USB transceiver firmware gt Pressing the quot reconnect quot button on the USB transceiver to reconnect transceiver to wireless mouse gt Changed the mouse batteries a couple times and also tried recently recharged batteries Then i had a hunch well it was really more of a last ditch hopeful guess - but it seems to have worked I removed the batteries and let the mouse sit overnight without any battery inside it When i put batteries back in the next morning the mouse has been working fine again ever since Go figure stickout nbsp

A:Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved)

Good stuff there J. I don't know anything about wireless mice but i am wondering if it "reset" itself. Just a thought and a small one at that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/left-click-on-logitech-wireless-mouse-stopped-working-solved.158582/
Relevancy 82.77%

With my old computer and mouse I used to be able to use the middle button for various tasks susch as opening a link in another tab rotating the camera in games etc Logitech Mouse HID-compliant - Cordless issue middle button mouse and i have got very used to this I recently purchased a Dell XPS One and am using the mouse which came with it which according Logitech HID-compliant Cordless Mouse - middle mouse button issue to Device Manager is the Logitech HID Compliant Cordless Mouse I am running Vista Home Premium x and i am unable to use the middle button for this Instead in firefox it is a sort of zoom function Yesterday it started working - i don t know why - but today it has failed again and is back to the zoom function If i hold down the CTRL button and left click this is the same as middle button should be so is there any way i can swap these functions around I don t know if this is a problem with the mouse or with vista or with me not finding some setting If it helps my mouse driver is version which i think is up to date nbsp

A:Logitech HID-compliant Cordless Mouse - middle mouse button issue

Have you gone to Mouse in the Vista Control Panel and see what choices you are given there to manage the mouse?

What does it say the mouse is if you look at the bottom of the mouse itself? Is there a model number?

If its a Logitech Mouse you may be able to install the Logitech SetPoint software to add extra functionality or programing options: javascript:downloadSW();

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-hid-compliant-cordless-mouse-middle-mouse-button-issue.783684/
Relevancy 81.53%

I am going crazy with this issue. I have the click the left button 2, 3 sometimes 4 times every time I want to click on something on the screen. Not having the same delay when I touch the screen so it 's something with the mouse. I have changed the batteries also on this wireless mouse.  This is the mouse that came with the computer. I hope this is something I can fix myself.  PLEASE HELP!!! Robin

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Wireless-mouse-left-button-not-responding-accurately/td-p/5854330
Relevancy 104.92%

I have a customer who swears up and down that of the time during the day when he is working the left click function of his mouse does not work To make this even stranger it only occurs in the upper right hand corner of the Mouse Issue Weird Left Mouse Wireless - Click screen when trying to close applications or minimize Weird Mouse Left Click Issue - Wireless Mouse I have not been able to reliably duplicate although I have had it happen to me but I do not sit in front of the computer all day Weird Mouse Left Click Issue - Wireless Mouse either He has a Logitech wireless mouse which I have updated the drivers for We also tried new batteries At this time we are trying a standard corded Microsoft Mouse to see if that solves his issue I will post back in a few days if that resolves the issue Has anyone else ever heard of this issue have a solution I told him to drink after work not before not sure if that will help or not Any input would be appreciated Thanks John nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-mouse-left-click-issue-wireless-mouse.789696/
Relevancy 103.63%

I have a Windows XP operating system, but that may not apply. My Logitech mouse is only about 6 months old. I had switched from a Windows 7 system on a new computer back to my old computer with XP on it but am using a new mouse with it.

The mouse pointer sometimes just goes haywire and points anywhere on the screen it wants to and I have to shake the mouse around and go get it and put it back where it belongs. Any ideas?

A:Crazy Logitech Mouse

There are a few steps you could take

Check the Logitech website for an updated driver
Support + Downloads

You could reinstall the driver completely.

You could try a spare mouse and see if the problem persists which would narrow it down to being an XP problem or the mouse at fault.

You could double check and make sure the mouse if fully compatible with Windows XP

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/crazy-logitech-mouse-663866.html
Relevancy 102.77%

like the subject says:

the machine:dell dimension 4300
the OS: windows XP pro
the mouse: logitech cordless freedom optical

the problem: the mouse goes completely berserk

the mouse/pointer goes everywhere wildly, it clicks too. this is on the login screen. it doesn't do too much because it cannot. when i login it "behaves" like a manical mouse clicking here and there and activating where it can activate something.

i am completely serious.

to "solve" this problem: hit alt-ctrl-delete to get the shut down the computer, then switch it on again, hopping it has been exorcised from this strange "possession".

sometimes the mouse starts up ok.

someone told me it is to do with the RAM speed setting. but Dell's cannot be changed - or i don't know how.

help.

Relevancy 101.91%

Man this feels weird I m usually the one giving help not asking for it lol Computer HP Pavilion dv Win Professional x This problem started after I left my computer on sleep for a couple hours When I woke it up the touchpad taps and left mouse button clicks brought up the right-click context menu and nothing on the taskbar responded to the cursor hovering over it Also for some reason pressing the Windows key on the keyboard wouldn t bring up the Start menu The only way I ve found to correct this is to plug in a USB mouse and press the right MB on it I also was able to fix it one time by uninstalling the Synaptics drivers and letting Windows restart and find the mouse but after trying mouse button acting tap functional button/touchpad not right MB click, right Left as to reinstall the Synaptics drivers then uninstalling them again after the problem reappeared this method no longer works In either case Left mouse button/touchpad tap acting as right button click, right MB not functional left click functionality is restored but there is no right click functionality period on the touchpad buttons However the USB mouse that I plug in works normally Also after left click is restored everything on the taskbar and elsewhere responds as it should with the exception of not being able to right click on anything which sucks in Left mouse button/touchpad tap acting as right button click, right MB not functional W I ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Synaptics drivers to see if that would fix it but after reinstalling them and restarting the problem came back Another thing I ve noticed is that even with the Synaptics drivers installed the vertical scroll area doesn t respond All the settings are as they should be for clicking tapping scrolling etc in the device settings Saturday Comodo Internet Security ran its scheduled scan and found nothing I ran another scan after this issue arose and still didn t find anything I will get HJT later on today bad internet connection at the moment and post its log to rule out any remote malware possibility Thanks in advance for your help I d like to try and get a solution before having to deal with HP support Summary Computer left on sleep for a period of time Upon resume left clicks by tap or button press acted as a right click Ever since problem reappears at bootup Only way to fix is to connect an external USB mouse and press the right mouse button on it Everything on taskbar unresponsive Windows button on keyboard will not bring up the Start menu until the above is done Was able to correct it once by uninstalling Synaptics drivers restarting and letting Windows find the device Touchpad left mb would work fine after booting and everything except for being able to right click anything but after reinstalling Synaptics drivers and uninstalling them again after the problem reappeared this no longer fixes the problem After left click functionality is restored no right click functionality whatsoever using right button on pad Vertical scroll area on touchpad also is nonfunctional External USB mouse works perfectly fine Two scans ran with up-to-date Comodo Internet Security both found nothing HJT will be run later and log posted nbsp

A:Left mouse button/touchpad tap acting as right button click, right MB not functional

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/left-mouse-button-touchpad-tap-acting-as-right-button-click-right-mb-not-functional.920837/
Relevancy 99.33%

I have set my one-touch search button on my Logitech MX620 mouse to open Google when pressed. I now want to alter that to open Bing, but the Logitech Mouse and Keyboard Settings item does not allow that (it only shows Yahoo, Live.com and AOL Search as options). Is there any way I can get round this and open Bing from the One-Touch search button on my mouse instead of Google?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/one-touch-search-button-on-logitech-mouse.1069313/
Relevancy 98.47%

hi

i have windows 7 ultimate, with kaspersky internet security,
Its not a gaming machine.
since today i noticed that i click twice on the icon internet explorer ou microsoft outlook and does not open,i must do open with right button.
What is happening ?
I have a kvm switch with usb and audio support for 2 pcs.
The mouse is a microsoft optical, i tried with a different mouse and its the same, on windows xp on the other pc works ok.

A:left mouse button

Hi! fjabrantes, welcome to W7F

Mouse Button - Vista Forums

Go to >Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Mouse

And make sure, the Switch Primary and Secondary button box is un-checked

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/117208-left-mouse-button.html
Relevancy 97.61%

I'm trying to fix my daughter's Everex Stepnote laptop. I don't know if it had a virus or a mechanical problem so I used killdisk and then loaded Ubuntu. I've discovered that the left mouse button doesn't work. Is there another key combination that can be used to replace it? Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/left-mouse-button-work-around.881476/
Relevancy 97.61%

It stopped working, and has no 'click'. Same with new mouse. Original mouse worked OK on another computer. Left mouse button function was ok when switched to right mouse button. Pad function is normal. Uninstalling mouse driver reconnecting mouse, and restoring Vista, did not help.

Malware??

A:left mouse button failure

i just received the same problem. I have an HP wireless mouse. I was browsing the internet and suddenly the left button stopped working. Everything else worked fine. I used my keyboard to run a norton full system scan, but it yielded no results. After about 2-3 minutes, it started to work again for some reason. something tells me this is a virus, but since none of my antivirus programs (Windows Defender and Norton) come up with anything, i am skeptical of it. any other ideas?

P.S. When i started to get functionality back into my left mouse button, my computer was running a lot slower than normal, but now after about 5-10 minutes, its back up to speed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/left-mouse-button-failure.859962/
Relevancy 97.61%

Lately I seem to be having sensitivity issues with my mouse. The left button's ability to hold is off... some clicks act as rapid double clicks or just let go. I want to make sure this is a problem with the MOUSE and not Windows 7.

I've tried internal cleaning but the actual button is clipped together and the wheel prevents me from unclipping one side to clean inside. I've tried switching USB ports, no good.

A:issues with the left mouse button

Could be the mouse that's busted. I have a Raptor gaming mouse sat in the wardrobe because it started double clicking even though my computers set to one click, and it became unbearable to use Winamp with.

Don't you have another PC you could test it with to be sure?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/68266-issues-left-mouse-button.html
Relevancy 97.61%

When I'm on-line the left mouse button won't work, although it works fine when I'm off-line. When on-lin, in order to acces a link or open a file, I have to use the right button, and then select "open" from the menu. I also can't check boxes or select options in online forms... This just started happening recently, I've restored the system back as far as possible, but that didn't help. I've also had the hardware and software ,(ie The mouse) cleared, so those aren't the issue either. Maybe the registry?...

A:Left Mouse-button Issue

Hi 516John,

I'll assume by "online" you mean while using a browser, such as Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox - please correct me if this is not what you mean.

When you say you've "cleared" the hardware and software, do you mean you've tried using the mouse with different browsers or different computers and the left-click works fine?

Cheers,

Walker
Windows Outreach Team

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/80301-left-mouse-button-issue.html
Relevancy 97.61%

My little brother was using the computer last night and said that everything froze up for a bit and he could not click on anything When I rebooted it said quot Active Desktop Recovery quot on the screen as part of the wall paper saying it was disabled It had instructions to turn it back on and there was a button to click for me to restore it But I could not click on it The right-click works just fine I figured out button mouse Left not working! how to switch primary control to the right button on the mouse so I could Left mouse button not working! get around while fixing it Unfortunately now that I can use right click the restore active desktop button is gone It disappeared after a reboot I have run McAfee Panda Active Scan Spybot Ad-Aware and Registry Mechanic There were a few infected Left mouse button not working! files and spyware and I removed them The problem still exists I have uninstalled the mouse driver and let the computer auto-install the driver on reboot If anyone has any idea how to fix this then please help me Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System cisvc exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA EXE c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MPFSERVICE exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System cvss exe C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C Program Files Support com bin tgcmd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Left mouse button not working! Files Yahoo browser ybrwicon exe C PROGRA SBCSEL SMARTB MotiveSB exe C Program Files GoogleDCC GoogleDCC exe C Program Files CASIO PC Connect for CASSIOPEIA pclstart exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exe C WINDOWS System devldr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exe C Program Files SBC Self Support Tool bin mpbtn exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system mobsync exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files Registry Mechanic RegMech exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sp sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http scif blogspot com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo sbc com dsl R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus sbcydsl http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sp sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http yahoo sbc com dsl R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http search yahoo com search p s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion In... Read more

Relevancy 97.18%

I have a Logitech M310 wireless mouse and I use the wheel button for Universal Scroll. I installed Windows 10 on a brand new hard drive (clean install) about 8 months ago and it worked fine with the built-in drivers. I turned my system on last night and Windows 10 no longer sees the wheel button, the wheel scroll works fine.. I downloaded and installed the latest Logitech SetPoint Software and configured the wheel button but Windows 10 still does not recognize it.

Any idea what I need to do to fix this?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/55904-logitech-m310-mouse-wheel-button-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Hi,

This is the second time this has happened within about three weeks. My left mouse button and enter key on the keyboard has been disabled. All other functions like the right mouse button and other keys on keyboard seem to be working fine.

So, with the execute button or key disabled, I am unable to open or run any program, like Spyware Doctor or Norton's AV. Am also unable to download, open and run your scan utilities as I cannot execute anything.

Does anyone have any idea how to regain control of the mouse buttons and enter key on the keyboard so I can run some scans?

Thanks!
Art

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/left-mouse-button-and-enter-key-has-been-disabled-371292.html
Relevancy 96.32%

When I'm on-line, in order to open a link or file, I have to use the right mouse button and then select "open" from the menu to access the link or file. This just started happening recently. I also can't check boxes on forms on-line either. I have Windows 7 on-board, I've restored my system, but that didn't help. So many of my programs are from downloads, that I really hate to re-install Windows... This isn't the mouse, or the software as I've cleared both of these issues. Maybe registry?

A:Problem with left mouse button on web-sites

Quote: Originally Posted by 516John

When I'm on-line, in order to open a link or file, I have to use the right mouse button and then select "open" from the menu to access the link or file. This just started happening recently. I also can't check boxes on forms on-line either. I have Windows 7 on-board, I've restored my system, but that didn't help. So many of my programs are from downloads, that I really hate to re-install Windows... This isn't the mouse, or the software as I've cleared both of these issues. Maybe registry?

Hello !!

We need some information before go ahead and troubleshoot. What brower are you using ?? In brower do you have lot of add-ons enabled ??

- Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/80298-problem-left-mouse-button-web-sites.html
Relevancy 96.32%

My mouse left button sometime work fine sometime not work. I need to know its a hardware issue or drivers issue. So are there any way to test it? Sometime i have to give more pressure to left click.

thanks!

A:Mouse left button work unexpectly, need help!

Quote: Originally Posted by killer bee

My mouse left button sometime work fine sometime not work. I need to know its a hardware issue or drivers issue. So are there any way to test it? Sometime i have to give more pressure to left click.

thanks!

Hi killer bee,

I would hazard a guess that it's a hardware issue. The best way to test is to either put a known good mouse on your system or try your mouse on a different system.

Those clicky-type buttons have a definite lifespan just like anything mechanical.

I also have a mouse with a wonky left button but I can't replace it because instead of having a scroll wheel, it has a toggle. Makes scrolling through long documents so much easier than having to roll, roll, roll the wheel.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/225994-mouse-left-button-work-unexpectly-need-help.html
Relevancy 96.32%

How can I simulate a left button mouse click without specifying the handle of the button that it is clicking. The following works if I want to simulate a click on the command1 button.

y = SendMessage(command1.hwnd, WM_LBUTTONDOWN, 0, ByVal 0&)
x = SendMessage(command1.hwnd, WM_LBUTTONUP, 0, ByVal 0&)

However, I am using the SetCursorPos api, and I would just like to send a mouse down/up command to click at the point that I specify. How can I do this?

Relevancy 96.32%

Hey guys - this is a weird one Left click the mouse to open something and nothing happens Well nothing happens that's supposed to is safe to say For example - in OUTLOOK - you move the mouse onto quot addresses quot it quot lights up quot i e highlights then you click the mouse left the highlight comes off un-highlights itself Another example in IExplorer -- click on the DOWN arrow Mouse Advertised... Not Button On As Working Left in the address line -- this should expose make Left Button On Mouse Not Working As Advertised... visible Left Button On Mouse Not Working As Advertised... the most recently visited sites in a drop down box but you click on the arrow - sites appear in the dropped window for LESS THAN A SECOND then go away Another example I hit quot FILE quot then quot SAVE AS quot to save a document on my desktop left click the down arrow at the quot SAVE IN quot area it QUICKLY opens all of the available areas to save the file in I would normally see but they disappear as fast as they appear With IE minimized left click on it it doesn't open Basically left click of the mouse isn't performing as advertised Heck --- even to EDIT this post I had to RIGHT CLICK on the edit button It seems the only way to open something is to RIGHT click then select OPEN Ran EWIDO - cleaned deleted the infected filesRan AVG - ditto what happened on Ewido infections cleaned and deleted Here's the latest HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC WINDOWS system drivers CDAC BA EXEC Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exeC Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC Program Files Common Files Lanovation PrismXL PRISMXL SYSC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System hkcmd exeC Program Files Gateway Gateway Ink Monitor GWInkMonitor exeC PROGRA VERIZO SUPPOR SMARTB MotiveSB exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ee aolsoftware exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS DvzCommon DvzMsgr exeC Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXEC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exeC WINDOWS system notepad exeC Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC HJT Hijack This exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext quot C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe quot R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Verizon OnlineR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride N - Netscape user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot engine C A CProgram Files CNetscape CNetscape Csearchplugins CSBWeb src quot C Documents and Settings... Read more

A:Left Button On Mouse Not Working As Advertised...

Hi,This isn't a malware related issue here though... It rather looks like the left-button just hangs when you click it - too sensitive, maybe dirt under it - whatever.Can you try another mouse and look if you are having the same issue. There's nothing suspicious in your Hijackthislog. One note though..Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update.Updating Java:Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 5.0 Update 9.Scroll down to where it says "The J2SE Runtime Environment (JRE) allows end-users to run Java applications".Click the "Download" button to the right.Check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".The page will refresh.Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation with or without Multi-language and save to your desktop.Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name. It should have the icon next to it.Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.Then from your desktop double-click on jre-1_5_0_09-windowsi586-p.exe to install the newest version.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/72689/left-button-on-mouse-not-working-as-advertised/
Relevancy 96.32%

I can t use any keyboard keys and use the left mouse button simultaneously there is about a second delay after I stop pressing any keyboard keys until the left mouse button starts working again This makes it barely possible for me to play games such as Team Fortress because I can simultaneously use mouse keyboard Can't button and left t press spacebar ctrl mouse to rocket jump Note that the problem happens all the time not just in games This happens with every key on the keyboard except for the SHIFT CTRL Fn and ALT keys The problem remains regardless of whether I m using an external inbuilt mouse keyboard I have used this laptop without having this problem in the past I have already tried going to the control panel gt change mouse settings gt Device Settings tab gt Settings gt Can't use keyboard and left mouse button simultaneously PalmCheck-Enhanced ACM and moving the slider in PalmCheck down to Off this did not work of course I am running Windows Home Premium edition on an HP Pavillion dv Notebook PC AMD A - MX APU with Radeon HD Graphics GHz GB RAM -bit OS nbsp

A:Can't use keyboard and left mouse button simultaneously

Nevermind; I've solved the problem myself. Since I couldn't find anything about this problem anywhere else on the interwebs, I'll record the solution here:

after looking through installed programs on this laptop and finding something called 'TouchFreeze' - which was set to be open on laptop startup by default - I simply unchecked the option to make it open on startup, then clicked 'exit'.

No one will probably have the same problem because they'd only notice it if they're gamers and no gamer would install a program like that on the laptop (I am using a shared laptop), but hey, now the solution is on the internets.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-use-keyboard-and-left-mouse-button-simultaneously.1124353/
Relevancy 96.32%

This happened on occasion in XP also, but now on my new Laptop with Win7 I see it happening again. Every now and again for some reason I cannot select random files (in a file handler) by holding down the CRTL key and selecting desired files with the left mouse button.

Also sometimes the SHIFT key will not let me select the first and last files for a group selection.

And then again on another boot up they both work again until some unknown combination of events messes it up again.

Anybody know what does this ?

A:Shift and Ctrl with Mouse left button

What brand laptop? and are you using the touchpad, or a mouse.

If it is the touchpad see if there is a driver update from the laptop Mfg. Also try blowing out the keyboard with a can of air, you may have some food /crud under the keys.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/shift-and-ctrl-with-mouse-left-button-699229.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Hey guys first post here I was just using my laptop when all of a sudden the left mouse button sinks in I can t click it anymore My next step is to contact Best Buy and HP It would take - weeks for BB to fix it and - days for HP I would much rather use HP but last time when using HP they sent me a charger a week after it was due I am Mouse Broken Button Pad Left Laptop a student and I really need this laptop As of now I just took that left mouse pad off Now I see a black part underneath it I think I can put the mouse pad back on top without a problem I realize now that this black part has sunk all the way to the bottom Any ideas on how to get it back to the top the normal position I mean Can I do this by myself I really don t have the time to wait for HP to fix it so what do you suggest Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Left Laptop Mouse Pad Button Broken

Bump.

Please anyone have any ideas? I guess I might as well send it to HP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/left-laptop-mouse-pad-button-broken.867070/
Relevancy 96.32%

I'm not a computer person so I apologize in advance if I get terms wrong All information regarding specifications are from the HP Support left working mouse HP button not Laptop Assistant nbsp nbsp I have an HP Pavilion G Notebook Product number A A UA ABA I'm running Windows -bit My microprocessor if this matters is an Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHzI have GB of system memoryThe pointing device is Synaptics PS Port TouchPadHopefully I didn't miss anything important nbsp I'm having a few problems mainly the left mouse button isn't working at all I've searched and searched for an HP Laptop left mouse button not working answer but I can't seem to find one The touchpad itself is working perfectly I can double tap to click tap and drag to highlight etc The right mouse button is working fine as well It brings up a menu everytime like it's supposed to The left button on the other hand isn't working at all I've had the computer for about months so my warranty is still in tact I was just hoping to find a simple fix before I go through the process of sending it back to HP or Best Buy nbsp At first the left button seemed laggy It would work sometimes and not others Then it stopped completely all within a time frame of a few days This happened about a month ago Since then I've been searching for answers and just dealing with it even though it's super annoying nbsp nbsp Another thing I've noticed is that around nbsp the time that the mouse button itself has stopped working my start menu was cleared out entirely When I searched for the HP Support Assistant it didn't come up I had to go through the Program Files to get to it Nothing is showing up in the start menu - it's blank with the exception of Norton Internet Explorer Google Chrome and the Accessories menu but inside it Notepad Run and Command Prompt are the only things that show up nbsp So overall - my start menu is nearly blank and my left mouse button isn't working at all I have tried installing new drivers but no luck nbsp Solved View Solution

A:HP Laptop left mouse button not working

I want to say it is a hardware issue but the thing about part of the menus disappearing makes me wonder if it is a virus. I would try a Windows preboot environment CD like Hiren's and see if the mouse works with different software. But that is a longshot and the likely answer is that the mouse circuit board is bad. The only other thing you could try is a factory restore.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Laptop-left-mouse-button-not-working/td-p/1463571
Relevancy 96.32%

My 7 year old son was playing on Roblox (internet) and all of the sudden the mouse stopped working. "He didn't do anything" he says but trying to get the left mouse button to work is impossible. I have gone into the control panel and changed the settings so that the right button acts like the left, but this still isn't good because now I don't have a right button feature anymore. I try to change it back and then the left doesn't work at all.

I did a system restore to this morning and the problem is still there. There are no new add ins in internet explorer from today either.

HELP!!

A:left mouse button stopped working

Try a different mouse

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/left-mouse-button-stopped-working.872570/
Relevancy 96.32%

In some programs, if I'm holding down the left mouse button, the keyboard doesn't function (tested on laptop keyboard and external usb keyboard). In some programs, it does. Does anybody know why?

A:Typing while holding left mouse button

Works here, may be what programs allow or don't allow.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/369327-typing-while-holding-left-mouse-button.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Instead of dragging my mouse to the top left, then moving down to pop up the bar, could I just bind it to one of my extra mouse buttons?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/38188-bind-fourth-mouse-button-left-popup-bar.html
Relevancy 95.46%

I'm having a problem with getting Use for Handed Working Wheel Button Mouse not Left the mouse wheel button to work correctly Mouse Wheel Button not Working for Left Handed Use in I've switched to left handed use to alleviate shoulder pain Before this I had the mouse and keyboard center installed I use a cheap USB keyboard and a microsoft USB optical wheel mouse Configured for the right hand everything works correctly The right button is the normal select the right is context and I configured the wheel button to double click When I switch to left hand I lose the wheel button double click The select context buttons are properly working but when I click the wheel it appears to be the same as a context button click I thought maybe the settings got messed up when I switched the buttons so I tried setting the wheel button to another function open charms in this case That works Switched the wheel button back to double click and it goes back to open context menu I uninstalled and re-installed the mouse and Mouse Wheel Button not Working for Left Handed Use keyboard center That made no difference Seems like a bug here Any suggestions Anyone else run in to this or solve it On this is on a new mid-april HP laptop so there is a touchpad that I almost never use because I generally have the mouse keyboard and external monitor attached with the lid closed

A:Mouse Wheel Button not Working for Left Handed Use

I am having exactly the same problem. Really annoying. Spent a couple of hours trying to debug this problem on the two different Microsoft mouse . You would think they would at least test their own products on Windows 8.1. BTW this is not a problem on either Windows 7 or Windows XP with the same mouse.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/52776-mouse-wheel-button-not-working-left-handed-use.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Hi all I with Issue button mouse double left click of am sure you all have one point in time faced this issue but lately I am having serious problem with my left mouse button click Whenever I click on anything its automatically double clicks it like I am selecting a file and instead it opens it or im dragging file and it makes it difficult to drag it or opens it instead now its got to a point that its irritating i simply have to about - times where only Issue with double click of left mouse button it needs to be clicked once I have changed the setting in the mouse options in the control panel as well as have tried cleaning the mouse multiple time but its still Issue with double click of left mouse button the same I do have a Logitech touchpad that I am using to avoid this issue at the moment I do have setpoint from Logitech installed and please dont ask me to uninstall and reinstall setpoint as last time around it gave me nightmares just to get it uninstalled and reinstall it after hours of googling the reinstall issue with me any idea what can be the problem

A:Issue with double click of left mouse button

It happens. My 2 G500's both started this problem after a while. Try on another computer and if it does it there too then you need to get it fixed with warranty/ or take to a repair person if you have such shops in Pakistan.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/373861-issue-double-click-left-mouse-button.html
Relevancy 95.46%

This has been an ongoing problem. I've checked to see if there was that box checked for "snap to default button," however, it was never checked. I ran a scan for the "peper trojan," but those files were not on the system. I ran a couple other virus scans and malware scans, but to no avail. I did also run a Hijackthis and will include the log file below. I haven't messed with drivers yet because it is the embedded mouse for the tablet I'm using. I don't use any other mouse devices. I do use a tablet pen regularly. The problem is frequent and random. I can see it happening from across the room, which is to say, I'm not hitting a button by accident. There is no external mouse or wireless mouse involved.

Hoping for a ray of light.
Thanks in advance
Dave

A:Mouse Darting Bottom Left "Start Button"

The touchpad has drivers...all drivers can become damaged.I'd try uninstalling the drivers for the touchpad (via Device Manager), then rebooting so that they reinstall...before I assumed anything more drastic than that.How To Access The Device Manager - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/42244/how-to-access-the-device-manager/ Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/232430/mouse-darting-bottom-left-start-button/
Relevancy 95.46%

Hello this is my first time posting so a little background info I consider myself at a intermediate to advanced level with computers and usually figure out solutions myself but i am lost with this one i disabled & mouse more.. button enter and keys Left have done a search and am not finding anything really pertaining to my problem Yesterday my boss was using hotmail to view some pictures sent Left mouse button and enter keys disabled & more.. to him from a trusted friend hotmail uses trend micro for thier scan so we assumed that they were safe upon opening the third picture something happened and things changed The left mouse button no longer works so i changed teh mouse configuration in the control panel to left handed Left mouse button and enter keys disabled & more.. and i am able to use the mouse for the most part the enter keys dont work upon startup but after opening the taskmanager using keyboard navigation they work again all of the links and text under the desktop icons are now underlined and a few other odd things MY virus software did not pick up anything major so installed spybot search and destroy and another program that detected and removed a few trojans adware cookies and such but the problem is till there I am comfortable editing the registry so any and all help with this would be greatly appreciated Below is the log from hijack this Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C CCSERVER Srvany exe C WINNT System svchost exe C CCServer CCserver exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C Program Files Spyware Terminator sp rsser exe C WINNT system stisvc exe C WINNT system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT System igfxtray exe C WINNT System hkcmd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Evidence Eliminator ee exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www petacularexotics com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO no name - E F-C AB-C -F D -BEDECCC BC - no file O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll email protected amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINNT System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINNT System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run Evidence Eliminator C Program Files Evidence Eliminator ee exe m O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Clie... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/left-mouse-button-and-enter-keys-disabled-more.692777/
Relevancy 95.46%

I get several different not responding "freezes" in different areas of my computer. The worse place is on the desktop screen which causes a "round and round circle" to never end. I am trying to bring up the menu and all I get is a permanent round and round circle which never brings up the menu. This happens in other places on the computer and seems to be a bug of Windows 7. Can it be corrected? I though i had it corrected when I uninstalled all Adobe software and put in Foxit, but that only temporarily solved the problem. Now the problem perpetuates without solution. Can it be corrected?

Jim

A:Windows Not responding problem with left mouse button

I guess you guys don't know a solution. Maybe except to report to Microsoft the problem.
How do you do that.
Jim

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-not-responding-problem-with-left-mouse-button-456664.html
Relevancy 95.46%

I have windows 7 and a dell inspiron 1545.

When using both my mouse and my touch pad the cursor does a left click without a button being pressed approximately every five seconds.

I have downloaded some drivers from dell but this did not solve the problem.

The computer originally ran window's vista.

Thanks guys!!!

A:Touchpad and mouse do left click without button being pressed

Do you want to use the mouse and the touch pad at the same time?
If not there is normally a hotkey (FN + the touchpad icon) to disable the touchpad when using the mouse.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/187580-touchpad-mouse-do-left-click-without-button-being-pressed.html
Relevancy 95.46%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop, the left click button on the mouse was sticking, in the process of cleaning this out with air I popped the silver top area off. I can put this back together, but the button seems to be indented more than the right button and does not click properly. I feel that something underneath is worn out, is this a repair that I could possible get parts for and perform myself? Thanks in advance! wings555

A:broken left click button on laptop mouse

Are you talking about the touch pad or a seperate mouse?
Vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/broken-left-click-button-on-laptop-mouse.932277/
Relevancy 95.46%

The left mouse button has suddenly stopped working on my touchpad. I tried to restart including taking the battery out but this didn't help.

I tried to uninstall the driver (called Synaptics Ps/2 touchpad port on my control panel). It then asked me if I wanted to uninstall the software. I clicked yes.

After this, the driver now changed to being called just PS/2 touchpad port but there is still an option to uninstall available.

I tried to uninstall again but nothing happens. I tired to download new driver software for Toshiba touchpad from the website, but it is failing to download.

I am able to use an external mouse normally but would really like to get my touchpad working normally again.

Can someone please advise on what might be causing this problem and how to fix it?

Thanks.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?84521-Left-mouse-button-not-working-Portege-R930-1D0
Relevancy 94.6%

I have an uncontrolable finger jerk condition which can be a big pain during some operations, therefore I would like to be able to require that mouse clicks require a left cntrl or left alt or both be pushed before a mouse click can occur. Is there anyway to do this.

A:How do I change mouse button operations so each will requre left cntrl

Hello and welcome Redknight mate I seem to remember there used to be three button mice as to whether or not you can still get them I am not sure.
There is also the function of clicking with the scroll wheel as in dragging the page up or down but am not sure if this can be configured to act as a right click - if that is what you are looking for.
Mouse button - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia as you can see from this there are five button mice although I have never seen or used one.

This might interest you as an alternative for some things 3 Ways to Use Your Computer Without a Mouse - wikiHow

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/337747-how-do-i-change-mouse-button-operations-so-each-will-requre-left-cntrl.html
Relevancy 94.6%

I just want to shout out what my recent experience is since it doesn't make any sense to me at all If I can help at least one person having similar problems then I'm happy So my home build PC with Windows Ultimate -Bit suddenly started acting keeps works left rarely Computer button mouse rebooting, up after Computer keeps rebooting, left mouse button rarely works years of solid use The computer is pretty basic nothing fancy except for an expensive graphics card since I enjoy gaming Problem My left mouse button stopped working No explanation how this happened but restarting the PC did not help I did not install anything new that could have possibly caused this Problem After the second reboot it would shut down by itself after showing the desktop The system restarted again by itself but this time it didn't even boot up until the desktop After this Computer keeps rebooting, left mouse button rarely works the PC would reboot by itself at unpredictable moments before BIOS during BIOS after BIOS during W boot after W boot I could use the PC for a moment but then it would reboot by itself over and over again Entering the BIOS and reviewing settings it would again reboot by itself I started troubleshooting the hardware and to make a long story shorter I disconnected the following parts one at a time to see how it would affect the unexpected reboots - HDD - Graphics card video from MB - WiFi PCI card - DIMM memory I knew I would see errors but I was more interested figuring out if the PC would still reboot AND IT DID I went to the computer store and bought a new Power Supply No improvement I went back to the store and bought a new MB and DIMM the DIMM was showing some kind of bad contacts when I would tap it No improvement It freaked me out and I wanted to start replacing the door knobs I didn't believe it was the CPU for some reason While looking at the PC rebooting over and over again I was wondering what the common factor was - the enclosure - the CPU Again I didn't believe it was the CPU for some reason and could not believe there was a problem somewhere on the enclosure causing a short on the MB So what was left The tiny cables going to the front LEDs HDD activity power on LED etc and the power on off switch and reset switch Several times I looked at the label of the tiny reset connector to the MB and wondered where the damn switch actually was I decided to pull the reset connector from the MB and BOOM the PC fired up No problems and it has been running stable now for several days without any problems It was the reset switch causing the problems all the time I started a new journey figuring out where the actual reset switch was located and it was really unnoticeable right next to the big on off switch I never used it before and didn't even know it was there I pressed it several times and who knows maybe I fixed the problem that it was undesirably unexpectedly shortening its contacts probably due to not using it I put some research what a valid reason could be to use the reset button and I understand the philosophy behind it but it caused me more headaches than solutions Disconnect the damn thing so it can't be used anymore Have you ever wondered why there are so many computer enclosures that don't even have that reset switch Because in case you encounter a problem with H W or S W you want to shutdown the PC and not gently trigger a reset to the CPU Shut it down and get rid of all your residual voltages to make a clean fresh start that's what you want when you restart a PC Many computers will even interrupt the power to the HDD anyways with a reset and that doesn't help if you want to prevent any voltage spikes to the HDD With other words a hard or soft shutdown does not make any huge difference for the life span of your HDD Come on for the period of time of use it You don't want to use your HDD for years to begin with but I'm drifting off topic here It was an experience and hopefully you can get your benefit from it If I would hav... Read more

A:Computer keeps rebooting, left mouse button rarely works

Been there done that except instead of Reset Button it was the Start Button.

Glad you kept at it until you found the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/398973-computer-keeps-rebooting-left-mouse-button-rarely-works.html
Relevancy 94.6%

Hey guys I didn't want to bother you with this - but it's starting to make me nuts I've looked all over the intertron for answers and have seen quite a few problems like mine but the circumstances don't quite fit my button is wrong 8.1? in with pad crap What Windows left the mouse touch my situation - or at least I haven't found it yet Most of these complaints are the result of upgrades What the crap is wrong with my touch pad left mouse button in Windows 8.1? or not updating drivers and whatnot I What the crap is wrong with my touch pad left mouse button in Windows 8.1? JUST BOUGHT a new laptop I'm talkin' nine days ago My first foray into Windows So far everything is fine except for the touch pad Every now and again the left mouse button refuses to do what left mouse buttons do and I must touch the screen to click on a tab a spot on a page etc It starts working again shortly but still what the hell Also occasionally when I put the mouse pointer on the scroll bar to move through a page then move the pointer off the scroll bar and onto a link or a spot in the page I need to type or whatnot it's as if the pointer never left the scroll bar and the page keeps moving up and down when I try to get to a particular place on a page I've got an Acer laptop running Windows with a Synaptics PS Port TouchPad driver version - did a check for updates and was advised the best version was currently installed I shall await your sage counsel Thank you in advance for your time and effort

A:What the crap is wrong with my touch pad left mouse button in Windows 8.1?

I JUST BOUGHT a new laptop.  I'm talkin' nine days ago.

Unless its a software issue, Like drivers, And I doubt it is but i may be wrong. Take it back and get it fixed/replaced under warranty.

with a Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad
Every now and again the left mouse button refuses to do what left mouse buttons do

I had a Microsoft Arc Touch mouse that was the same ( it was faulty)
http://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/microsoft-arc-touch-mouse-inmst2165

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529491/what-the-crap-is-wrong-with-my-touch-pad-left-mouse-button-in-windows-81/
Relevancy 94.6%

hey guys,
please help me as this problem is screewing me up.

when ever i click the left mouse button to open any file or programs,it doesnot respond.After clicking it for 8 or nine times then it responds.others all the keys of the the keyboard and the right mouse button are working fine..please help me how to get thru this problem..in short to say left mouse click is unresponsive.have to click 8,9 times to open up something

thanks in advance

PS:the problem even arises when i start the pc in safe mode.i did disk clean up,tune up,everything which i expected to help but it DIDNOT help.so please guys help me

A:.URGENT help neeede.Left mouse Button click becoming very unresponsive

Is this a laptop touchmouse? Or a normal mouse with a cord?

If mouse with cord:does this mouse work if attached to another machine?
does another mouse work if attached to your system?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/255110-urgent-help-neeede-left-mouse-button-click-becoming-very-unresponsive.html
Relevancy 94.6%

I need to know instructions on how I can talk to Cortana without continually left clicking the mouse button . I want to be able to just use my voice to activate

A:Can I talk to Cortana without continually left clicking the mouse button?

Hi welcome to Windows Central! Here's link on our forum about using Cortana! How to setup and use Cortana on Windows 10 PC | Windows Central
If you want more help like this, please join the forum! This is the best help forum on the Web! Join the Windows Central Community!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443638-can-i-talk-cortana-without-continually-left-clicking-mouse-button.html
Relevancy 94.6%

DDS Ver - Mouse seems browser hijacked be is button occasion and to on LEFT intermittent the - - NTFSx Run by Terry at on Fri Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV avast antivirus VPS - On-access scanning enabled Updated Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroupsvchost exesvchost exeC Program Files Alwil LEFT Mouse button is intermittent and the browser seems to be hijacked on occasion Software Avast aswUpdSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS System DSentry exeC Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exeC Program Files NETGEAR WG Wireless Smart Configuration Utility NetgearAG exeC PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS System drivers CDAC BA EXEC Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exeC WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC WINDOWS System nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvcC WINDOWS system UAService exeC WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files Creative SBLive Diagnostics diagent exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy Updates sbsd upd exeC DOCUME Terry LOCALS Temp is- G K tmp sbsd upd tmpC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXEC Documents and Settings Terry My Documents DDS TOOl dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uDefault Page URL hxxp www dellnet comuInternet Settings ProxyOverride localmSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ieBHO AskBar BHO f d - - d - c -aa e ed - c program files askbardis bar bin askBar dllBHO b ce - c - e-ad - beee - c windows system khfFYRjh dllBHO - f - d - - d f - c program files spybot - search amp destroy SDHelper dllBHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dllBHO E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - No FileBHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dllBHO e- a - d b- a -aa a f b b f -a aa- a -b d - a e - c windows system gchpbr dllBHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper bdbd dad-c - a -adc - b b ff d - c program files windows live toolbar msntb dllBHO NoExplorer - No FileTB BA B -B - c -B - F F - No FileTB Windows Live Toolbar bdad dad-c - a -adc - b b ff d - c program files windows live toolbar msntb dllTB Ask Toolbar d e-fd b- e -b - d b f - c program files askbardis bar bin askBar dllEB BBE - E - D -AD - D AD - No FileEB Real com fe fa -d c- d - fa- c f afe - c windows system Shdocvw dllEB - a - b-a - c a a - No FileuRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NVMCTRAY DLL NvTaskbarInituRun PhotoShow Deluxe Media Manager c progra ahead neroph data xtras mssysmgr exeuRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exeuRun RegistryMechanic c program files registry mechanic RegMech exe HuRun AROReminder c program files advanced registry optimizer aro exe -remmRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartupmRun diagent quot c program files creative sblive diagnostics diagent exe quot startupmRun UpdReg c wind... Read more

A:LEFT Mouse button is intermittent and the browser seems to be hijacked on occasion

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a description of your problem, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed. Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread. Also please explain your problem as fully as possible. Each little detail will help in getting your system cleaned up and functional again.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scans:Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the ch... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/195684/left-mouse-button-is-intermittent-and-the-browser-seems-to-be-hijacked-on-occasion/
Relevancy 93.31%

Hi For what seems like for ever in various Windows OS I have always used a double click on a folder using the left hand mouse button However for some reason this action is no longer working To open a folder I have to right click on it and manually select open from the drop down menu This does not apply to desk top icons----they still respond to left clicking In addition I now find that I am unable to create a New Folder except when I am inside another folder For example if I wanted to create a folder titled reasons to like Windows I would not be able to do so unless I opened any other folder created the new one and then did a cut amp paste on the new one Now I Windows button no open mouse - longer left Can 10 using Issue folders know that Windows 10 Issue - Can no longer open folders using left mouse button what I have here are separate issues but they both appeared at round about the same time following a Win update Has anyone else had these or similar problems of late I would appear to me that some settings have been changed but where to go to fix them and how to do it is past my knowledge base For information I do get an error message when I try to open a file with a left click please see attached It is to do with file associations but again where di I look to sort it Regards

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,157268.0.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Whether it's a new spreadsheet, or an existing one, when you click anywhere on the sheet, it acts like your clicking down the left mouse button and dragging. All cells within the movement of the mouse are being selected.

Replaced the mouse, which was wireless, with a PS2 Mouse, and still have the problem.

Running Windows 2K prof SP4

MS Office 98.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 93.31%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8096 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, -239 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 940455 MB, Free - 876188 MB;
Motherboard: Gateway, IPISB-VR
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

I have a logitech M510 mouse that the scroll wheel started acting "jerky" and then it just quit completely .
I can still click the wheel and scroll with the up and down arrows on the screen . I've installed new batteries and uninstalled / reinstalled the driver . It seems to me that it is just broken and I need a new mouse but I wanted a second opinion .

Thanks .

A:Logitech Wireless Mouse

I've had 2 Logitech and 2 Microsoft Mobile Mouse 6000 go bad (left click inoperable) within a 6 mo. period.

There is really nothing you can do to fix it - if still under warranty, call for an RMA.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-wireless-mouse.1084776/
Relevancy 93.31%

My Logitech cable mouse was acting up and a bit dodgy, so I thought, go and get another. Bought a Logitech Wireless Mouse and in games its very hit and miss, it works, it stutters etc. It is right by the usb plug in, so its not that. Looks like its back to usb mouse?

A:Logitech Wireless Mouse

Just for the record, what type? Try to reinstal Logitech SetPoint.
Open Unifying software, un-pair the mouse and pair it again.
As a gamer, do not forget to disable pointer acceleration.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/56948-logitech-wireless-mouse.html
Relevancy 93.31%

I just bought a Mouseman Logitech wireless, optical mouse to use on my HP laptop, running XP. The mouses's receiver has a USB connection, and an adapter for a PS/2 plug. The laptop only has a USB connection, so that's what I'm using. Trouble is, I can't get anywhere with the installation.

The receiver's plugged in, software loaded and batteries in the mouse, but there's no communication between the two. The receiver doesn't use batteries too, does it? I can't see any way to open it up safely.

All help will be greatly appreciated.

JP

A:Logitech wireless mouse

Press the Resynch button on top of the reciever. Then take a ballpoint pen or pencil and press the small red button on the underside of the mouse. Voila!
Make sure you batteries aren't dead.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-wireless-mouse.109336/
Relevancy 93.31%

I am interested in the 15 inch Acer Chromebook. Can I use the Logitech wireless mouse with this computer?Also is Skype available? Is there a media player so that you can rent movies from Amazon.com and play them on this computer?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/Can-I-use-a-Logitech-wireless-mouse-with-the-15-inch-Acer/td-p/401044/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 93.31%

I bought a trio pack from costco that includes a wireless keyboard, mouse, and webcam. The mouse didnt work properly, if I didnt touch it for about 5 seconds it would freeze until I clicked the button, and it would unfreeze. Thinking this was the mouses problem I took back the set and exchanged it for the exact same one. STILL does it, I even tried on my moms computer, she even has a logitech optical wireless mouse and it works fine. Anybody know what could be causing this? Thanks!

Relevancy 92.45%

Hello!
I am having an issue with the responsiveness of the left-click button on my Microsoft Sculpt mouse. I often have to left-click on an item (e.g.  menu item, hyperlink) several times before it responds. I do not have any issues with right-click or scrolling.
I have taken the following actions:
-Replaced the batteries
-Ensured no physical obstruction (i.e. debris)
-Uninstalled the driver software and installed the software from the Microsoft website
-Confirmed button assignment is correct
I am running Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64-bit on a Surface Pro 3.
Thanks in advance!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/23979702-f319-42ab-9437-f5bfe849a24f/microsoft-sculpt-mouse-leftclick-button-slow-response-time?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi there,
I am using a HP Pavilion dv9000. Windows Vista with SP1 32 bit Home intertainment OS. Two GB ram and 250 GB hard drive. I have a Logitech wireless mouse running on Set point 4.0a2 software. I hope that's all the information required.
Some time ago I made a setting change to my mouse that caused any window that is not fully maximized to minimize if the mouse pointer is moved away from the window. I have found this to be very frustrating. Now I can't remember where I made the change. I have looked everywhere. Can anybody help me with this?
I would be very great full.
Thanks,
Dave

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/logitech-wireless-mouse-problem-358565.html
Relevancy 92.45%

I just purchased a Logitech mx610 wireless laser mouse earlier today. I hooked it up and to my surprise the middle click/scroll button that you push down on to open up the link (when pointer is covering a link) doesn't work w/ firefox. I have played with the settings but haven't had any luck. Anyone?

A:logitech wireless mouse got me stumped

firefox sometimes dosent support that kind of stuff, email the firefox creators about it, ask them to include that feature in a patch

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-wireless-mouse-got-me-stumped.435283/
Relevancy 92.45%

my mouse lags terribly when i play WoW and it's really annoying. I don't know what it can be..I've changed my wireless modes to B only, G only, and Mixed...none of them change the problem, and it doesn't seem to occur in other games, just WoW....

the only thing i can think is my wireless is interfering....the mouse sits literally 6 inches away from the receiver so i don't think range is an issue.

but whats weird is things like bit torrent and browsing the web doesn't seem to mess my mouse up, just damn warcraft.

Relevancy 92.45%

I'm having a problem uninstalling a logitech M310 wireless mouse, been using it for quite a ehile and it finally craped out so i bought a new one but when I go into program files for setpoint and click on the uninstaller nothing happens, can I just delete everything under setpoint ?, i have the revo uninstaller program but the logitech setpoint program does not show there.
Thanks for any help on this.

A:Uninstalling a logitech wireless mouse

Update, silly me, didn't think about removing it in programs and features, it's gone now.
The new wireless mouse I bought is plug n play, no software.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/620002/uninstalling-a-logitech-wireless-mouse/
Relevancy 92.45%

Many manufacturers have developed a touch-first approach to input devices, spurred by the rapidly evolving mobile revolution. Such methods work great on select devices but when it comes time to do some serious work, nothing has yet replaced the trusty...

Read more

A:Logitech's new MX Master Wireless Mouse said to be its best yet

Too bad they don't mention a left handed version.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitechs-new-mx-master-wireless-mouse-said-to-be-its-best-yet.210722/
Relevancy 92.45%

Several minutes, and sometimes less, after boot-up, the mouse becomes erratic, sometimes coming to a complete halt. Thinking it was either the interference of an outside signal or a build-up of static electricity, I have tried several things, including 1) rebooting, 2) disconnecting the power sources, 3) moving my external hard drive away from the mouse, 4) using different keypads to limit potential static build-up, 5) moving my entire system to a somewhat different location (fortunately, it's all on wheels) -- absolutely none of this works! Disconnecting the main power source and reconnecting it solves the problem sometimes, but only temporarily.

Has anyone had similar experiences? Its an MX™ Revolution

The world’s most advanced mouse.

Highlights: Cordless, Hyper-Fast Scrolling, Laser Sensor, MicroGear™ Scroll Wheel, One-Touch Search

Relevancy 92.45%

I just purchased a Logitech M505 Wireless Laser mouse. My computer is an i7 Core machine with Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium. Inserting the USB receiver plug caused the normal driver install process which was successful. However, no mouse action at all. I've tried different USB slots to no avail. My Microsoft laptop wireless mouse works fine, from all the same USB slots. The M505 does work on another computer running in the house (laptop with Windows 7 64-bit Professional).
Don't believe it's the mouse itself. I originally bought the M705 model and took it back when I couldn't get it to work, thinking it was defective (the same conclusion reached by Logitech Tecnical Support). They were out of stock for the M705 so I replaced it with the M505, only to get the same result.

A:Logitech Wireless Mouse Problem

If you haven't already I would install the latest Logitech software/driver for it. If its a Logitech Unifying Receiver installing the unifying software may help you get it connected and working. I have a Logitech Wireless Trackball M570 that uses a Unifying Receiver. I was pleasantly surprised to see that it actually worked while installing Windows 7. Even so I installed the latest unifying software anyway. Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/156622-logitech-wireless-mouse-problem.html
Relevancy 92.45%

I reformatted and reinstalled Windows 7, sp1, and cannot get the Logitech M505 wireless mouse to work. It has the latest driver and new batteries. Unplugged and reinserted the USB connector.

Device Manager and Plug and Play sees it. Rebooting does not help. Mouse light goes on for about 15 seconds then goes off.

I don't know what the life span of these are but could it just be old and worn out?

Any help appreciated,

Singer35

A:Logitech Wireless Mouse won't stay on

If the mouse has any kind of reset button try it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-wireless-mouse-wont-stay-on.1101861/
Relevancy 92.45%

WIN XP, OLD logitech mouse works fine, WIRED mouse works fine, can not get new logitech M325 worked fine yesterday but STOPPED working today...totally FROZEN!.

What else do you want to know?

Relevancy 92.45%

So I have the mouse in the thread title, and it has this new problem of randomly freezing up randomly for three to five seconds. It's incredibly annoying. There's a thread on the Logitech forums about it, but Logitech isn't that helpful

You can see it here: Logitech mouse G7 freezes - Mice - Hardware - Logitech Forums

Anywho, someone claims it's a driver issue, so I'm posting it in this section. It happened on my XP laptop, too, so it's not technically a Vista 64 trouble. Anyway, I'd appreciate any advice you guys could offer.

A:Logitech G7 Wireless Mouse problems

I also have the same Logitech G7 mouse, and I HAD the same problem awhile back.
The cause: too many wireless toys lying too close too one another bearing the same frequency...channel 6 2.4GHz?
I have attached screenshots.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/150128-logitech-g7-wireless-mouse-problems.html
Relevancy 91.59%

I am Running Windows 7 PRO/Enterprise & I work in M-F IT "level-3 support" (40+yrs).  I recently replaced an old MS Comfort
3000 mouse with a MS Comfort 4500 mouse --- re. (The Comfort 3000 mouse wore out.   I have visualaccessibility issues 
 e.g.  I am also using the Magnify Cursor set, w/pointer trails, & echo.)

==>  Now the 4500 Mouse left button needs to be double clicked faster than i can normally manage.   There were no issues with the MS Comfort 3000 mouse.         I might be getting a little slow?

The W-7 Control Panel Mouse "button click speed" is set at the lowest level.  Using a Single Click also is not an option -- re.  (M-F software requirement conflicts).  

I am looking for any suggestions &/or solutions.  

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3f512be8-d595-47a6-8251-9b84d23d0993/ms-comfort-4500-mouse-double-clicking-left-button-is-set-too-fast-windows-7-proenterprise?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 91.59%

I m not sure what model number the mouse and keyboard that I have are but I have a Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard in addition to my regular mouse and keyboard which I use to be able to watch movies on my computer from a distance Recently the quot Device Connect quot and quot Device Disconnect quot sounds have been sounding off randomly but frequently on my computer I opened the device manager window and watched as the Logitech mouse Wireless Issues Connection Logitech Mouse popped in and out of the device manager window in sync with the noises I have disconnected the mouse and keyboard I have tried to uninstall the software but all of my attempts have been fruitless If someone has advice as to how to troubleshoot this I would appreciate it I m looking Logitech Wireless Mouse Connection Issues for a solution more than simply turning off the quot Device Connect quot and quot Device Disconnect quot sounds Any and all help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 91.59%

Hi All,

I'm trying to help a friend install a Logitech MX610 on his Acer Travelmate 4060 laptop without any success.
We've tried every USB port on the computer, and tried installing all of the software which came with the CD included in the box. After running the Hardware Wizard, Windows XP Pro says that it can't install the device.
We've spent time on the phone with Logitech tech support, and they say that it's a defective device, and are sending us a new mouse; however, when I plug the unit into my brand new desktop PC, it starts working immediately.

Just wondering if anybody has had any similar experiences, or have any tips.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Max

A:Logitech Wireless Mouse Installation Problem

howdy,

Does this PC have all the windows updates??

Try disabling the touch pad in Device Manager and then try.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-wireless-mouse-installation-problem.534288/
Relevancy 91.59%

I am about to buy a Logitech MK550 combo and wanted to make sure it works on my W8 RTM.

A:Are Logitech wireless mouse/keyboards working?

Hello Rollerdog,

The MX 5500 and the Setpoint software works just fine for me in Windows 8.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/8707-logitech-wireless-mouse-keyboards-working.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Dear forum, I have experienced a very annoying fault with my Logitech M235 wireless mouse, I prefer to use the mouse left handed and as such reset the buttons for Lh use via the software. In the past this was ok and when the computer was restarted it was as before reset for Lh use. This is also used with a Logitech wireless keyboard model K350 and has in the past worked Ok with the mouse. A problem has occurred since the Win 10 upgrade and I now have to reset the mouse to Lh use every time I restart the computer, I have been into device manager and disabled all the redundant devices (default mouse drivers etc.) and this has not worked. I have also tried to remove all the redundant devices using device manager and this does not work either. Any useful advice on how to overcome this problem would be most appreciated.

Regards Miket.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-m235-wireless-mouse-fault.1169347/
Relevancy 91.59%

When I attempt to highlight a selection in certain programs(for instance in my desk top apearance and in my e-mail selections) the text disappears and becomes blank. I have had the mouse for years and it was working earlier today. Now the problems continue although I have re-set the settings and re-booted many times.

A:Problems with my logitech wireless mouse cursor

Maybe the battery is running flat?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/229186/problems-with-my-logitech-wireless-mouse-cursor/
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi, is Logitech's wireless mice still vulnerable to the MouseJack issue, or have they been patched yet?

A:Logitech's wireless mouse still vulnerable to MouseJack?

Hello there,

Have you tried installing the latest Windows updates recently? Microsoft has issued a fix for Mousejacker via Windows update. 

http://news.softpedia.com/news/microsoft-issues-optional-windows-update-to-fix-mousejack-vulnerability-502962.shtml

Follow the steps below to install Windows updates

1. Open Windows Update by clicking the "Start" button.
2. In the search box, type Update, and then in the list of results, click "Windows Update" 
3. Select install latest updates 

Hope this helps! 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/618410/logitechs-wireless-mouse-still-vulnerable-to-mousejack/
Relevancy 91.59%

I m unsure of why this started in all honesty - it was working earlier today and out of nowhere it stopped working I frequently use the right click and I do know that the switches tend to give out after a good while To make sure it wasn t the function itself I switched the left right click functions through the control panel and the function worked fine I ve also tested another mouse temporarily using it to make sure it s not my computer I m just wondering - based off of this is my suspicion of a failing switch probable On another note my keyboard seems to be quot slowing down quot a bit I haven t toyed with the settings to speed up or slow down anything but when I hold down a key it takes longer to repeat it than it was earlier before the right click gave out They are both wireless Logitech hardware items - could the problem lie in the receiver This is really bothering me Logitech Mouse (+keyboard) Right - Wireless Click? - help s appreciated I don t find it TOO important in this case but I m running on XP p nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-wireless-mouse-right-click-keyboard.635446/
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi I was referred to this forum from the HJT log forum - T-Bob said my log was clean and he didn't necessarily think my symptom was due to malware I'm not sure I agree My symptoms are as follows Left mouse button is practically disabled Only some underlined items will open virtually nothing on desktop or in IExplorer A week ago both MS mail clients - OE amp Outlook were disabled would not download e-mail from server A couple days later OExpress began to work again Outlook still broke In a and error downloads; button screen Outlook STOP Lost blue functionality; left mouse desperate attempt to Lost left mouse button functionality; Outlook downloads; and blue STOP error screen do a Repair Install at a point early on the infamous blue Windows quot STOP error quot screen launched This screen will appear again when - for whatever reason trying to boot to Windows Setup or when attempting to run chkdsk f Message leads off quot A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer quot Then Stop x B xF C xC x x General sluggishness in response I should also say that I've been running NAV and it found only quot Hacktool quot which - sadly - it said it could NOT remove Worse associated descriptive text - see URL here http www symantec com security res - - says quot run NAV in Safe Mode and delete the threat when detected quot This is useless Thanks NAV W NAV disabled AVG was installed and run it too turned up nada squat To its credit MalwareBytes turned up quot trojans quot not obviously Hacktool flavor which it sequestered and deleted Log is attached I still have the virtually-disabled left mouse button Yes several other mice have been tried - it ain't the mouse Hardware HP xw Workstation w GB Main Drive Intel DuoCore GHz OS Software WinXP w SP MB RAM Do not use IE I use FireFox I wish I could export the Belarc profile file to be complete but I can't If there's something else critical please ask

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-left-mouse-button-functionality-outlook-downloads-and-blue-stop-error-screen-295802.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi I m really hoping someone here can help me My logitech corded optical mouse was working pretty well but it was a little slow so I decided to switch it out with a microsoft comfort optical mouse I XP, freeze! microsoft Mouse to from logitech switched mouse have another machine and both mice seem Mouse freeze! XP, switched from logitech to microsoft mouse to work perfectly there But on Mouse freeze! XP, switched from logitech to microsoft mouse my main machine they both lock up after a few minutes and the only thing that fixes it is rebooting I was highly suspecting it was a conflict between logitech and microsoft software at first I tried this http support microsoft com kb several times to clear the registry and start fresh But each time I ended up having to use system restore after I can clear everything out and then the USB hub is detected when I reboot but the mouse is not I check device manager and it says it has an HID compliant mouse and the mouse lights up like it has power but won t move at all Does anyone have any ideas Is there any more information I could give that would be helpful to troubleshoot Thanks so much Airmide nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-freeze-xp-switched-from-logitech-to-microsoft-mouse.660795/
Relevancy 90.3%

Hello,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-620-Wireless-Laser-Mouse/dp/B000QRI270

I have one of these and every so often it the mouse pointer sticks for several seconds which is annoying when gaming etc. I've only had it a few months of which its been for the last 2 to 3.

I haven't got the software installed as I see no reason why it would prevent it sticking + sucks up system resources.

It does it both on my desk which is a plastic surface with a bubbly effect and a mouse mat, both clean.

Is there anything else which could be causing this or is it just due to wireless-ness?

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-logitech-mx-620-wireless-laser-mouse-sticking.830933/
Relevancy 90.3%

I just received an MX keyboard MX mouse combination and installed it on my Vista machine I had previously used a no-name wireless combo that ultimately wore out I installed the latest Logitech drivers made sure batteries were fresh that it was properly connected However the mouse is not behaving properly It acts like a regular roller ball mouse does when the ball is jammed or on the wrong surface--the cursor doesn t track the mouse motions MX600 laser problem mouse wireless Logitech I have to repeatedly swipe the mouse on the pad to Logitech MX600 wireless laser mouse problem just get it to move a little In fact I had to turn my pad over i have a stiff pad designed for laser optical mice to get even lousy responsiveness I ve tried the mouse on soft pads on the table on a piece of white paper to no avail I made sure the BIOS enabled USB mice I quot ve checked control panel settings the logitech utility but nothing there improves the situation Any advice I used my wired mouse to create this note nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-mx600-wireless-laser-mouse-problem.629679/
Relevancy 90.3%

In the process of renovating a VERY old Dell Inspiron 2650 to give to disadvantaged kids, I tried using the USB receiver in that laptop. Didn't work, so I used a wired mouse instead. The receiver had been plugged into my Win 7 Toshiba laptop, but when I re-inserted the receiver back into that laptop, the mouse doesn't work. I've tried removing both the receiver and the battery in the mouse, per some advice I read on the Web, but that did nothing. Have also tried downloading the driver. Regardless, when I plug the receiver into a USB port on the laptop, it "beeps" indicating that it recognizes the receiver. . . but it still doesn't work.

If I plug the receiver into my Win 7 desktop, the mouse works.

What's wrong here?

A:Logitech wireless mouse M305 no longer works

Have also tried downloading the driver.Click to expand...

Which driver, specifically? Have you tried downloading and installing the updated SetPoint?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-wireless-mouse-m305-no-longer-works.1162638/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hello to all of you I know is difficult to find help in my problem but I don't know what else to do Before days I bought a wireless mouse and nothing is anymore right in my system The cursor is jumping Folders opening just by showing to them it opens even more files and folders which are inside Opening or closing windows just because i've pass the pointer over them With few words it is very sensitive bringing completely mess more than you can imagine Ok I tried some solutions with no success quot playing wireless mouse Ineffective-crazy quot with the settings from 'mouse' and 'keyboard' items in Control Panel In Folder Options I Ineffective-crazy wireless mouse change The 'Single click' to 'Double click' for to open an item Trying System Restore to a previous point Reset iexplorer because there is much more mess there than in other apps Scan the system with Malwarebytes Scan with Dell diagnostic for mouse and keyboard and last I tried the mouse in another PC ok behavor was also somehow sensitive but not this crazy confusion it brought to my system So I'm thinking or to reinstall Windows which I don't really want Ineffective-crazy wireless mouse or to forget this mouse and find a Ineffective-crazy wireless mouse new one I've a feeling that is a virus because of a crazy system but Malwarebytes found a few Pup Optional only which it removes Any idea is welcome and much appreciate for any help is there anything to update drivers for mouse or keybooards when they are generic from microsoft Thank you

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/402570-ineffective-crazy-wireless-mouse.html
Relevancy 89.44%

For the first time in 2 years of use, my logitech mx3200 wireless keyboard is not functioning more than a couple of hours before I have to try and reset via my logitech driver program. It usually takes several attempts to reconnect so the keyboard works.

I have never had a usb receiver with this keyboard and have a wired logitech LX3 optical mouse which works fine.

I am using Windows XP Pro 2002 version and Mozilla browser. My computer is a Dell Latitude D830 laptop set in a docking station in my office.

I am looking for an answer to my problem short of buying a new keyboard.

Thanks for your help

A:Logitech wireless keyboard and wired mouse connection issues

If your using rechargable batteries try regular ones.
Check the driver is up-to-date.

If that fails go out and buy the best keyboard you can afford, if asked tell them I said it was ok !

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-wireless-keyboard-and-wired-mouse-connection-issues.985552/
Relevancy 89.44%

I just recieved the brand new Logitech Wireless Gaming Mouse G today from Newegg I am running Windows Pro bit and it is working except for the fact that I can not see it in Setpoint to configure buttons and etc I would assume its so new that the latest software doesn't support it seeing how I was unable to register it because it wasn't on the device listing Does anyone have any insight on this Hopefully and update comes soon so I can actually use the currently useless buttons One small unrelated issue that logitech should fix on the site is when you are searching for mice the g will appear if you have it set to show only unifying devices I stumbled across Gaming Logitech Mouse Wireless recognized New 6.15 not G700 in Setpoint this mouse looking for mice that use the unifying reciever It popped up and I didnt check twice Not a huge problem just more dongle plugged in It did have me scratching my head for a few minutes when trying to install it though

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/new-logitech-wireless-gaming-mouse-g700-not-recognized-in-setpoint-6-15-a-506908.html
Relevancy 89.44%

I was wondering if anyone had heard of a fix this problem. After installing the software for an Xbox wireless gaming receiver, I attach the device as instructed. When I do, my Logitech G7 mouse freezes up until I reboot. I have seen others with this problem on Logitech's forums, but I have yet to see any fixes. Microsoft's support has been no help so far. I assume the issue is driver related, as others with different system setups also have the problem, but I don't know if it is a Logitech driver, or Microsoft...or whether a fix even exists for this problem. Thanks for the help!

A:Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver locks up Logitech G7 mouse

Iv found that if i boot up with just the Xbox360 Receiver plugged in then when its light is on plug in the logitech mouse then it all works fine...
just remember to unplug the mouse if you reboot...... it sux but it works

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xbox-360-wireless-gaming-receiver-locks-up-logitech-g7-mouse.81281/
Relevancy 89.44%

I have a Logitech wireless mouse. When I use the scroll button, the page keeps moving after I stop scrolling using the wheel. In other words, the scrolling action on the screen does not stop instantly when I stop using the wheel. Currently, to avoid this issue, I have to push down on the left button and move the page up and down using the cursor. Thank you in advance for your replies.

A:Solved: Logitech Wireless Mouse Scroll Does Not Stop Properly

This problem was solved by taking the following actions:

>Start
>Control Panel
>Mouse
>Buttons tab.
>For "Scroller", set to the following: Check the box labeled "Use MS Office compatible scroll only."
>Check the box below labeled "Scroll in active window only."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-logitech-wireless-mouse-scroll-does-not-stop-properly.792919/
Relevancy 89.44%

Let me preface by saying, I am not so much trying to find a solution to my issue as I am looking for an explanation.

I have a Logitech M510 wireless mouse that was dropped. Now, whenever it is used, the cursor behaves strangely. First, clicking becomes intermittently working until it stops altogether. Before it completely stops working, some of the buttons act as different buttons. For example, the left click starts functioning as the center click. Eventually (after about a minute) the cursor stops moving altogether.

The weirdest part of it all is any other mouse connected to the computer (trackpad, Bluetooth, wired) does the same thing as long as the M510 is connected. As soon as the M510 is turned off, all other pointing devices act normally.

I am a little lost as to how some obvious hardware damage in the M510 mouse could cause such profound effects in the software. Does anyone know why this happens?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-behavior-after-logitech-m510-wireless-mouse-dropped.1166496/
Relevancy 89.44%

Hi, I had my PC's CPU put together by a service technician, and I saw some issues with it, like random CPU fan warnings or the wireless mouse/keyboard simply not working at times. I have noticed that from the very beginning, and decided to fix all minor issues with a full & fresh install.
But when I get to the first interactive screen in Windows 7 install (This is after booting up from the DVD), the wireless mouse does not respond. The wireless keyboard doesn't work either. I tried plugging in a wired mouse, but that didn't work either. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
Please note: Not sure if this is relevant, but recently, one of the USB 2.0 posts stopped working.
Help!
Edit: Now, just one of the External hard disks works. All other Disks & my game controller have stopped working off USB ports.

A:Logitech Wireless mouse unusable during Fresh install of Windows 7

Hello and welcome Dennis mate sometimes (if you have access to them) a PS2 mouse / keyboard will work where newer stuff will not see pics for what I mean by PS2 stuff it is the really old connections that some boards still have these days do have.

By the way I suppose you have dome all the updating for the USB ports?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/362214-logitech-wireless-mouse-unusable-during-fresh-install-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 89.44%

After about 1 minute the mouse scroll and keyboard stop working until I left click mouse. Tool bar on browser also greys out but comes back after left click. Video and sound also are choppy. Not sure if this is related. Flash keeps crashing. Any ideas whats wrong? Windows 7 pro. Asus desktop. This occurs on Firefox, Chrome and IE. This seemed to start after Microsoft update and Flash updates

A:Mouse scroll and keyboard stop working until left click of mouse

Hello mpmckee,

First run Antivirus, Malware, and Spyware scans. Remove anything the programs find.

Note: if you need some suggestions on which tools to use, let me know.

Afterwards, test functionally of mouse and keyboard.

If no change, run System Restore, choose a Restore point before the issue started.

Again test behavior of mouse and keyboard.

If the issue has been resolved, go ahead and reinstall windows Updates.

John

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/307791-mouse-scroll-keyboard-stop-working-until-left-click-mouse.html
Relevancy 87.29%

I just bought new mouse from eBay. It's excellent and all that, but whenever I hold right mouse button and then press middle mouse button, my mouse locks down and unlocks only after I do that again. Is it possible to disable it?
All I know about my mouse is this:
2,4 ghz wireless optical mouse with mini usb
DC:3v 20mA

A:Mouse freezes on [Hold RMB + click middle mouse button]

I've never seen any other posts with that same problem so it may be intentionally built-in to that particular mouse to prevent others using your PC when you're away from it. Read it's instructions if you got any with it, it should tell you if it's got a built-in mouse lock, although that feature usually requires additional third-party mouse software to be installed to recognise when the appropriate buttons have been pressed.

If no instructions were supplied, go to it's manufacturer's website to see if it's mentioned there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mouse-freezes-on-hold-rmb-click-middle-mouse-button-601047.html
Relevancy 87.29%

Is there a way to assign the ALT+TAB key combination to a mouse button in the Mouse & Keyboard Center?
I select the "Key Commands"-> "Key Combination" field but I can not find a way to enter a
TAB keystroke.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!

A:Assiging ALT+TAB to a mouse button with the Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center?

I changed the timing on the TAB press to 1 second. Still doesn't work.
Here is how it looks now:

I just remembered that we have seen this deficiency before.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-tms/switch-window-mouse-macro-no-longer-works-on/4921ad4e-93b8-4dea-8884-dda2ce642060 
Sorry for the confusion.

Robert Aldwinckle
---

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d0a5e241-00bc-49e7-9356-8459dc00e5a0/assiging-alttab-to-a-mouse-button-with-the-microsoft-mouse-amp-keyboard-center?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 86.43%

I promise I'm not that stupid (!!) but I feel that way. Changed the batteries (which wasn't even the problem) anyway now I can't reset my wireless moust cuz I can't find the Reset Button!! Feeling totally stupid but I've tried everything. It's a Logitech, Dell laptop, all USBs etc. are fine and I DID reset the wireless keyboard (found that button!!). But the mouse, I don't see a button anywhere and can't remember what I did to set it up. It's a 2-sided mouse with a roller wheel. Lights up on the bottom. Bottom has some screws and "lifters" to change batteries and LED, but no button!!! Called store they said, "Look for the button." Anyone know? THANKS

Relevancy 85.57%

Hello everyone,

For the second time within the past two weeks I've had quite an annoying problem regarding my left mouse button on my synaptics pointing device, all of a sudden the left mouse button will stop working. The right mouse button and the rest of the touchpad will work apart from being able to click the LMB function. I've had this happen once before quite a few months ago but thought nothing of it at the time. This occurs for around half a minute to sometimes a minute before returning to normal and being able to use the LMB. I am using a Lenovo Z580 if that is any help to anyone.

I have tried searching around the internet for any information regarding this problem but I have not been able to find any solution or information connected to my issue.

Thank you in advance!

A:Left Mouse Button - Stops working from time to time.

Hello LO mate when you click the button do you hear an audible click from inside the mouse it could be something as simple as a stuck micro switch.

Also if it is a wired one check the USB contacts too - in the plug and socket. You can clean them gently with a strip (about 5 mm with the corners rounded off) of old credit card with some lint free cloth around the end of it moistened very lightly with some alcohol

By the way just how old is the mouse?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/279066-left-mouse-button-stops-working-time-time.html
Relevancy 85.57%

This is going to sound really pathetic folks but having had to clean out a load of dust and dirt from my Logitech optical mouse I now find there is a small sprung object over The wheel is back OK and the mouse even works but there is a quot thingy quot over It is about inch long with a small hook at each end and a couple of loops in the middle When you use the wheel itself it just doesn t feel optical mouse Logitech mouse that Logitech mouse optical mouse it has the correct tension and therefore I am assuming that the small object should be attached to it in some way It did not spring off when I first opened the mouse and in fact I didn t notice it until I was re-assembling It just sat there in the bottom of the mouse on the right hand side Does anyone know of a diagram of the inside of an optical mouse showing where this object should be used I know it doesn t cost very much to buy a new one but it is a question of honour now finding out where it should be placed Know what I mean SS nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-mouse-optical-mouse.672434/
Relevancy 81.7%

Somehow or other I seem to have lost my mouse driver for the two or three button mouse with a wire for driver mouse XP 3_2 button SP Mouse which plugs into the back of the computer and I want it back I don t like the wireless mice which still work and I am using one now but not by choice All I want is Mouse driver for XP SP 3_2 button mouse a file I can load then plug my old two button KeyMouse into the back of the computer and use the mouse HP Key products and MicroSoft say that they don t have any or that I m not smart enough to use them or whatever Anyone got any suggestions I tried one of those software driver update programs but it wanted to change things in my system I m happy with my old system exactly as it is except for the mouse so I dumped it and cleaned the registry I m sure there s a generic mouse driver kicking around somewhere but neither AOL or ASK can find it The old thread has expired and it told me to start a new one I did Any help will be gratefully received Thanks Zedex nbsp

A:Mouse driver for XP SP 3_2 button mouse

What's the make and model of the mouse? I have a few old-timey drivers that might work, but they only support certain ones.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-driver-for-xp-sp-3_2-button-mouse.891474/
Relevancy 80.41%

I have a Logitech MX700 wireless mouse that occassionally locks up when I leave the computer for a couple of hours. I am running Windows XP and have all the latest drivers. I have to reboot the computer to get the mouse to work.
Any ideas out there would be appreciated?

A:Logitech Wireless Mouse "locks up"

Throw your wireless mouse in the trash and go buy a WIRED MX518 mouse from newegg.com $39.99 and about $4 shipping= $44 you will get it in 2 days, worth every penny

Trust me for gaming or anythign else, Wired is the way to go! The technology for wirless is still not up-to-grade with the wired mouses, crappy response time lots of lag, you won't notice untill you switch to the 518

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-wireless-mouse-locks-up.410130/