Windows Support Forum

Keyboard problems on laptop

Q: Keyboard problems on laptop

I can be typing away then all of a sudden where I am typing jumps back up the sentence and gets my wrough ork all messed up its a real pain if I dont notice and need to go th

see as i was typing this post all of a sudden it starts typing between words iv already typed underlined above can anyone help.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Keyboard problems on laptop

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Keyboard problems on laptop

Don't worry about it. I have a perfectly functioning keyboard and my typing at times is not so well either.

lol

I'm kidding of course.

Look into updating your chipset drivers for your motherboard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/34439-keyboard-problems-laptop.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a strange problem with my laptop keyboard.

the laptop keyboard doesn't work, i've tried it on Seven, Vista and Ubuntu.

I can't however see no reason for it not to work, in device manager it says its connected and working fine, when i uninstall the device, it detects the device and reinstalls, not a keyboard problem as external keyboard works, so i am truly baffled.

A:Laptop keyboard problems

well you say external works but one on laptop doesn't. had anything spill on the keyboard? did it suddenly not work?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-keyboard-problems-510092.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Greetings,

This morning when I booted my laptop (Dell C800) I found that a diagonal "column" of keys was not working (6,7,y,u,h,j,n,m). The keyboard was working last night. Any ideas or am I hosed?

Thanks for your help!

Marc

A:Problems with Laptop Keyboard

That doesn't sound any good. Have you tried rebooting a few times to see if that cleared up the problem?
I'd check the Dell website to see if that problem is mentioned.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-laptop-keyboard.365453/
Relevancy 52.89%

Just recently i spilt some beer on my laptop keyboard Ever since this happened i have been having troubles with my keyboard Everything else works fine Most keys work fine but others are just so messed up the its driving me crazy Like for instance when i press the enter key It will bring up the previous program Lets say i bring up the web then exit then press enter it will open it back up Some keys don t work at all or they wont work then all of the sudden will work I keyboard problems laptop don t know if it needs to be clean just got the laptop weeks ago or if its a problem that cant be fixed I also bought a wireless keyboard to see if this might do the trick but it still dose the same thing Is there anything i can do to fix this problem without having to turn in my comp to get repaired Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you nbsp

A:laptop keyboard problems

With a laptop you're going to have to take it in for repairs and the sooner the better. Beer will harden and it may have seeped into other parts of the laptop. You could find other parts failing soon.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-problems.333544/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I have a problem with my laptop keyboard producing strange functions For example that sentence looked like this before I deleted the extra characters quot Ip havep ap p roblemp wit hp Keyboard Problems Laptop myp lap Laptop Keyboard Problems top p keyboardp p roducingp strangep functions quot ie the space bar does a quot p quot and then the Laptop Keyboard Problems space the h key does quot h quot the k key has the F functions and many others like that It is not a numpad problem as a few people seem to have had and I can find anything similar on any forums HELP PLEASE Thanks very much Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Laptop Keyboard Problems Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R M processor MHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce FX Go Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA Portable PC Version A T YD U Antivirus AntiVir Desktop Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

My laptop keyboard suddenly stopped working he other day. I uninstalled the driver and rebooted and got most, but not all, keboard function back. I removed the keyboard and inspected it but there was no sign of damage or of anything having been spilt on it. Also prior to this there had been no sign of any problem. The key that is completely non functional is del but if I press t or g i get tg and if I press y or h I get yh. Also (in word) pressing [ or , or . causes the first letter is a series to be capitalised whilst - takes you to save file. Is there any possibility that this a sofware problem? It seems strange that a failure in the keyhboard caused a need to reinstall the driver!

Pete

A:Laptop Keyboard problems

Hiya

This normally suggests something spilt on it, but you've said its clean. Are any of the keys 'stuck', as in a F key for example? Are they all free flowing, when you press them they go down and up smoothly?

Hard to explain what I meant in type

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-problems.574103/
Relevancy 52.89%

I bought a laptop recently and one day I fell asleep while watching a movie on it and I think my daughter might have spilled something on it because when I woke up certain keys type more than one character when you touch them. ex. i8 w\ j7

Is this a fixable problem? Can I somehow take the keys off and clean under them? I tried reformatting and reinstalling windows but to no avail.

help me please

and thank you

A:Keyboard problems with my laptop

Yes, you can open the thing up and clean it. You might want to let professionals do it though - laptops are rather difficult to take apart and put together.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-problems-with-my-laptop.23615/
Relevancy 52.89%

My spacebar, backspace, backslash and enter buttons on the laptop keyboard do not work, all others work fine, how can I solve this problem

A:Problems with my Laptop Keyboard

you could have a loose cable internally. or there was a spill on the keyboard. If the keyboard cannot be fixed it will have to be replaced. If you are a novice, I suggest professional help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-my-laptop-keyboard.134232/
Relevancy 52.89%

Ok, so I'm using my laptop tonight, and all of the sudden, no keystrokes register. Nothing. Kind of like the old scroll lock. But it doesn't have a scroll lock button. Using Windows 7 on a pretty new laptop. What the heck?

A:Laptop keyboard problems.

Quote: Originally Posted by leroyleroux

Ok, so I'm using my laptop tonight, and all of the sudden, no keystrokes register. Nothing. Kind of like the old scroll lock. But it doesn't have a scroll lock button. Using Windows 7 on a pretty new laptop. What the heck?

I doubt if Win7 has anything to do with it.
Tell us about the laptop. Manuf. Model.
Is it still under warentee?
Have you been doing anything in the BIOS lately?
So you are saying none of the keys work on the keyboard.
If so I'd think it would be a ribbon cable problem where the keyboard attaches to the motherboard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/85643-laptop-keyboard-problems.html
Relevancy 52.89%

A couple of my friends have bought new laptops within the last couple months including myself and we all have problems with what we think is the keyboards We all make mistakes typing (I laptop new think) problems keyboard occasionally but it seems like we have many many more problems with letters missing on the monitor The space bar don t always work I mean we will hit the space bar between words and there will be no space new laptop keyboard problems (I think) Our key board is silent when hitting the letters No click like on a desktop keyboard I ve been told that the laptop doesn t have micro switches like a desktop My laptop is a HP Do others have the same problems My friends have the new laptop keyboard problems (I think) same type keyboards one is a Toshiba and HP s I ve thought about plugging a regular keyboard in to my laptop but new laptop keyboard problems (I think) I m not sure what I have to do to get the laptop to switch to the external keyboard Anyone know wWe all have win nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

hey guys.im. using this laptop and it has some keyboard issues and the spacebar isnt always working so i might have to use dots instead of spaces sometimes...but heres the dealio. one day it crashed and when it rebooted some of the keyboard buttons didnt work. the main keys that dont work most of the time are m, spacebar, FN, and ctrl. its kinda starting to get really annoying. any help would be great! here's the specs:

Gateway Solo 1150
550MHz Celeron CPU
96MB RAM
6GB Hard Drive
Windows ME
Thanx for your help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-problems.553834/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have an HP Pavillion notebook and just recently, i've been having trouble with typing. there are certain letters i type and they have numbers and symblos in front of them. These are the letters.\
~A `a
\ (enter)\
b5 B%\
5f %F \
6j ^J\
\k |K\
n6 N^\
s (takes me to the previous page)\
Can anyone help me?

A:HP laptop keyboard problems

Hi Allykins,

Make sure that there isn't any keys stuck down (tap them a couple of times), main culprits being...
the shift keys (both right and left side)
alt + alt gr keys
both CTRL keys
fn (function key)

It is also worth checking your regional and language settings
How to Change the Windows 7 Regional Format Language

*Its the Keyboards and Languages* tab you need to check.

Regards,
JDobbsy1987

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/111763-hp-laptop-keyboard-problems.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Got windows 8 a couple weeks ago. It has been a total nightmare. When I am typing the curser jumps to other words on the page. It does not stay where I am typing
I have been using computers for over 20 yrs. This has to be the worst version of windows yet
Pretty upset with the results of windows 8
Don't know if its me or what. But it seems that window wants me to use only Microsoft stuff. Like mail setup
Had to bring Google into it just to be able to use windows 8

A:Windows 8 laptop keyboard problems

a jumping cursor is usually a sign of a failing trackpad.

some people were able to "fix" the failing trackpad is by disconnecting the notebook from the power supply/outlet. Some people were able to fix the problem by replacing the power brick with a new one.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/12269-windows-8-laptop-keyboard-problems.html
Relevancy 52.03%

My daughters Gateway ML3109 laptop has a keyboard issue. When a key is hit some keys do not respond with the correct letter.

Any ideas on what is causing this and or how to fix it?

Also are the drivers on the recovery disks where one can get to them (and re-install them) or are they embedded in a ghost or similar image that will only do a full recovery?
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-laptop-keyboard-problems.780038/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I bought my Acer laptop aspire z used a couple months back It s always been a good laptop except that the mouse pad keys were quot loose quot and wobbly A couple days ago I decded to fix both keys I took the screen top cover palm rest and keyboard out Nothing too major I touchpad Laptop problems keyboard and succeeded in fixing the keys and they both work like new a plastic piece broke off each of them so I superglued them back together I put everything back together powered it on and realized that the touchpad didn Laptop touchpad and keyboard problems t work Like anyone would do I took it back apart and realized that the ribbon cable running from the touchpad to the motherboard was out of its housing so I plugged it back in It still wouldnt work so I stopped for the night The next day I was tinkering with it and somehow the keyboard stopped Laptop touchpad and keyboard problems working too I get mad at this point Its not like I broke anything all the times I opened the laptop up Frustrated I stopped for the day Sunday night I try to fix it again and to Laptop touchpad and keyboard problems my suprise and luck the keyboard and touchpad worked again I was happy and started using the laptop I didn t use for more than min when guess what the keyboard touchpad and the volume play buttons on the side all stopped working again I unplugged that volume play ribbon cable also The keyboard will work in screens like where it says quot windows error recovery start in safe mode command prompt normal quot It just won t work in regular windows Right around the time of these problems I got a message from Window Defender saying I had medium security threats on my laptop and so I removed them I don t really think that this has anything to do with it though Now here I am asking for help I just hope it isn t a motherboard issue I already tried the fn f touchpad enabler system restore taking battery out etc Can anyone help me with this Sorry for the long story I DON T want to take it to geeksquad etc or reinstall windows-acer installed it dont have disc I really don t want to spend any money Thank you for any of your help nbsp

A:Laptop touchpad and keyboard problems

Zif cables

You need to be really careful when taking apart a notebook..the ZIF cables (Zero Insertion Force) sometimes called Flex Cables are extermely fragile...the connector on the motherboard has little slides that you pull out, then remove the ZIF connector, the cable will go in/out with "Zero Force" To install make sure the slide is OUT, then put the ZIF cable in and you push the slide back in...cable connected. If you just pull these cables out and try to force them back in you will shred the ends and the keyboard/touchpad/etc won't work.

if only SOME of the keyboard does not work, like a small area, maybe the 1, 2, q, w, a, keys..that means the ZIF cable is not inserted all the way...reseat the cable and it should work fine..

Many of these cables can be bought for $5 or so on eBay if you need to replace them...I have bought several of them from a guy..I can get his information if you need it.

Scott

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-touchpad-and-keyboard-problems.143484/
Relevancy 52.03%

DELL LAPTOP, LATITUDE...keys on right hand side do not give correct function. For example when the J key is pressed it gives the letter 1, etc...this is just on the right hand side of the keyboard, all other letters seem to operate fine. Any cure?

Relevancy 52.03%

i have an acer aspire laptop,switched it on this morning and keyboard and touch pad do not work anymore. i have no idea how this happened,an anyone help please?
your time on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 723 @ 1.20GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 3001 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1308 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 228472 MB, Free - 157836 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, Aspire 5410
Antivirus: Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live! Anti-Virus, Updated and Enabled

A:laptop keyboard and touch pad problems

Try another mouse and/or keyboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-and-touch-pad-problems.1051237/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi Everyone I have Keyboard Problems & Touchpad Laptop a Toshiba A S- Satellite laptop The keyboard and Laptop Keyboard & Touchpad Problems touch pads are acting weirdly a little too weird to describe here Basically the keyboard won t work at all and when I try to use it in Word for example it doesn t type but random windows open up when I hit keys The touchpad works OK in that the mouse goes where I want it to but the buttons also do weird things when pressed Since the problem began the keyboard Laptop Keyboard & Touchpad Problems worked fine once after a Laptop Keyboard & Touchpad Problems restart and it ALWAYS works perfectly in Command Mode I tried to get it to work in Safe Mode but no good I ve cleaned a lot of crap out of my drive and did all the usual virus scans and it doesn t help Someone suggested I reinstall the keyboard driver but I have no idea where to find it and Google searches for it turn up nothing Any ideas appreciated nbsp

A:Laptop Keyboard & Touchpad Problems

Have the same

I Have HP dv9225us when windows boots up i loose keyboard and mouse
Virus ?? Trojan ?? maybe

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keyboard-touchpad-problems.90217/
Relevancy 52.03%

Please disregard. Problem has been fixed.

Nevermind guys. The problem has been fixed. I will post again if I have anymore problems. -Thanks.

A:Laptop Keyboard/Typing Problems.

Ben! delete this post if you have plms solved!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keyboard-typing-problems.43770/
Relevancy 51.6%

A few days ago I was pressing function keys top get the screen to project on one of those digital projecters. Now my keyboard is all screwed up. Ive tried nums lock and some other things but it wont stop.p I'm computer stupid so please help me.

here is how it types:
4= 4f
6= 6h
f= 4f
h= 6h
k= does something to my internet explorer tool bar.
p =p followed by a space
space bar=p followed by a space

A:Toshibap Laptop satelite m35 keyboard problems

I dont know exactly what is wrong, but it sounds like you have turned on some type of shorcut system for your keyboard. Sorry i cant be of more help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshibap-laptop-satelite-m35-keyboard-problems.17053/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a fujitsu C310 lifebook. I was using a benQ wireless keyboard and mouse. after i installed the benQ hardware and started using the keyboard my laptop keyboard started to display "4" when i hit the u key, "5" when i hit i, and "6" when i hit o, most of the other keys seem to be working fine tho. i have tried uninstalling the benQ hardware as well as uninstalling the drivers in hopes when xp restarts it will install the generic driver to run the keyboard. Any help on what is wrong or how to fix it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Chris

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-problems-fujitsu-c310.565697/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I have a weird problem that I thought I had fixed but suddenly went berserk My W HP laptop's keyboard in device manager it says HP keyboard Laptop Problems Keymapping using SharpKeys for quot standard PS keyboard quot or something very similar has the prev track play pause and next track buttons over the F -F buttons However when I try to use any of these keys the cursor in the screen has a blue loading circle pop up next to it for a little bit as if it's thinking and then does nothing Pressing any of Keymapping Problems for HP Laptop keyboard using SharpKeys these keys does absolutely nothing for the tracks being played no matter if it's in Windows Media Player Spotify MediaMonkey MusicBee iTunes nothing I've been researching how to use a utility to remap these keys either directly through the registry or through a tool like SharpKeys I was really excited to use SharpKeys because it looked like I'd finally get my keys back However when I went through the remapping process Add -- gt Type Key etc when I pressed the keys I wanted to remap they suddenly started working I can replicate this multiple times music playing in the backgroundUse SharpKeys to select the key I wantKeypress play pause for example fold SharpKeys recognizes the key I want Media Play Pause E Music gets pausedHowever when I leave SharpKeys minimize click into different non-SharpKeys application the play pause buttons don't work anymore What should I do to fix this I'm pretty lost and I dont know what to do I did a bunch of research and found all this info about APPCOMMANDS and appkeys and the appkey which apparently takes care of the play pause functionality But I'm not savvy enough to figure what to do in the registry to remediate this Hope I've given a clear enough explanation to so I can help someone help me out Thanks pdenner

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/56570-keymapping-problems-hp-laptop-keyboard-using-sharpkeys.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey everyone I ran a search but couldn t find anything which I thought would resolve this Sorry in advance if I missed a post already made solved about this I decided a while ago to make the switch from XP to Ubuntu on my laptop Up untill this point I had never had to bother with the keyboard during bootup and gave it no thought but afterwards I noticed it was infact impossible to access my Ubuntu install from GRUB as the keyboard was completely disconnected during boot This also counts for the stage were the BIOS would should be accessible If I hit the CAPSLOCK key before the actual OS loads the light doesn t even come on so I am assuming the keyboard isn t even getting during Problems Laptop (Disabled Keyboard boot) any power There s no external PS ports and plugging a keyboard into any of the external USB ports gives the Laptop Keyboard Problems (Disabled during boot) same result as the main keyboard On occasion the keyboard will work but its very rare that it does and there doesn t seem to be anything particular happening differently when it does it Its a case of I ll be sitting there hit down at the GRUB menu and it will be suddenly working then a reboot with all the exact same peripherals plugged in will have the keyboard disabled again A BIOS upgrade is out unless its possible to do this from a CD There s no floppydisk drive attached to the laptop and the USB drives are offline at boot so if its possible a USB pen is out too Any help getting the keyboard to consistently work would be greatly appreciated as I need to use an OpenSUSE bootdisk to swap the laptop totally over I m switching to the distro my university uses and the first option on the boot menu is Boot from Hard Disk sigh nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

I have problems keyboard and mousepad bell problems Packard laptop with my packard bell easynote ls laptop I got my touchpad stopped working a Packard bell laptop keyboard and mousepad problems few weeks after I bought Packard bell laptop keyboard and mousepad problems it Touchpad can be used as normal clicking and pointing but no more scrolling function Another problem is keyboard auto running problems since yesterday While I am typing lines go down to another line themselves without me pressing quot Enter quot key on my keyboard It s not the only one problem with keyboard Numbers and keys on the right panel of the keyboard do not work properly When I press number key it appears sign and when I press number it appears I still see when I press number also Very weird and irritating Please help me with my problems Thanks Q Additional Details OS is Windows Laptop details Packardbell EasyNote LS Intel Core i - QM AMD Radeon HD M GB VRAM GB HDD quot HD LED LCD GB DDR Memory MP HD webcam DVD-Super Multi DL drive I also posted this on yahoo answers but didn t get the good answer and can t wait nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/packard-bell-laptop-keyboard-and-mousepad-problems.1044595/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Gateway NV53 laptop running Windows 7 and I am having issues with the keyboard and mouse no responding. When i connect an external mouse and keyboard, I can click on an icon but it immediately goes to the last icon on the bottom of the page. Also when I open the start menu and click on a folder it immediately goes to the bottom of the list. Is there a way to reset the mousepad and keyboard to make them function correctly?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-and-mouse-problems-on-gateway-nv53-laptop.928114/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all I'm new to the forum and after reading through some of the topics I figured this is the best place get some help. So this is what happen, I just installed a new screen and hinges on a laptop, I booted it up to see if there was any other problems with the laptop and found out that half the keyboard went out and the WiFi won't work, I shut it down retraced my steps saw that everything was hooked up right turned back on now the mouse wont work on top of that. I don't know if it was problem before hand cause i was just asked to repair the screen and hinges. The computer is gateway NE56R series running windows 8. i heard updating the bios would help but i cant get in the system.

A:installed hinges and screen on laptop problems keyboard

I will as why the screen and hinge needed to be replaced ??
,most obvious is was dropped or some other physical accident ,so its possible that the laptop's motherboard/ connection were damaged
I always hook them to a regular computer monitor to check that everything works before I even order a replacement screen

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/38089-installed-hinges-screen-laptop-problems-keyboard.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello everyone I have my xps for a few months now but still I haven t found any solutions for my problems st Problem Whenever I boot windows or sometimes after energy-saving mode the keyboard just doesn t work at all I already tried waiting for a few minutes and smashing every button on it nothing made the keyboard working again To solve this I have to restart the (keyboard closed Problems and XPS15 laptop) Dell 9550 computer after that it works nd Problem Whenever I close it while running it just won t quot wake up quot again The power-button-light lights after opening the laptop but the screen stays black rd Dell XPS15 9550 Problems (keyboard and closed laptop) Problem Sometimes when I want to boot windows it just won t I see the quot DELL quot -logo then the few blinks at the top-left corner of the screen A white blinks times and after that nothing happens So these are my problems I hope somebody can help Dell XPS15 9550 Problems (keyboard and closed laptop) me with these because it s very anoying if I have to start the computer twice so that it works like it should If you have any more detailed questions please ask them sincerely SgtDomo P S I have most of the quot recommended quot drivers installed but if you think I am missing one please also tell me nbsp nbsp

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19993649
Relevancy 50.31%

So I plugged a mac keyboard into my pc laptop and now ....

Some of the keys in my laptop keyboard work and some end up typing something completely different than what they are.

Anyone know how to fix this? I googled for a solution and couldn't find any results

A:Solved: Plugged a keyboard into my laptop. Now my laptop keyboard doesn't work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-plugged-a-keyboard-into-my-laptop-now-my-laptop-keyboard-doesnt-work.854159/
Relevancy 49.02%

hi i m having a problem with my toshiba laptop keyboard about a week ago i noticed i was no longer able to use the control key to copy and paste but i rarely use that key for anything else so i didn t think much of it except that i must ve accidently changed some command now my shift key isn t working--as you can tell from the lack of capitalization in this i think this is a different problem than what was addressed in earlier keys cntrl aren't help satellite workin shift, keyboard with laptop problems; toshiba posts about shift key problems in toshiba laptops in my case the shift key worked only sporadically currently it s not working at all first the right one stopped working now the left one isn t working either there doesn t seem to be any pattern to when they do don t work so it seems unlikely that these keys suddenly got stuck or something i m checking for viruses now does anyone have any other ideas now it s working that s so strange and annoying Thanks help with toshiba satellite laptop keyboard problems; shift, cntrl keys aren't workin Laurel nbsp

A:help with toshiba satellite laptop keyboard problems; shift, cntrl keys aren't workin

Laptop keyboards don't last forever. It may be time for a replacement

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-toshiba-satellite-laptop-keyboard-problems-shift-cntrl-keys-arent-workin.81634/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all. I have already posted this once here. The topic had quite a few views and not a single reply. I'm giving this another try, as the problem persists and is not getting any better.

The keyboard on my Aurora m9700 is having some strange issues. I cannot figure if it is software or hardware related, either. At random intervals, the keyboard will cease function. But when I go into standby, then come out of standby the problem seems to be magically fixed! In fact, the problem just happened right after I finished typing the last sentence. I checked event manager, nothing changed. I had to go into standby and come out of it...

So please, is there anyone on here that can help me out? I have reformatted the computer since this started happening and nothing has changed, so I do not know what could possibly be causing this!

A:Weird keyboard laptop issue. Keyboard randomly stops functioning until I standby.

Just going to keep bumping this until I get a reply, or bet banned. Every thread has some form of reply...maybe I smell or something?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-keyboard-laptop-issue-keyboard-randomly-stops-functioning-until-i-standby.879922/
Relevancy 46.01%

I am using windows 8.1.
1. Go to Control Panel -> Keyboard -> Tab HardwareIn list Devices is null.
2. Go to Control Panel -> Mouse -> Tab Hardware
In list Devices is null.
How to fix this error.
Thank you!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990117
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey guys!

I recently got a Casio keyboard, with a new MIDI cable.

I'm a music artist and I'm totally new with this 'keyboard-to-computer-via-MIDI' stuff.

I don't know how to connect my Casio Keyboard to my computer with a MIDI cable. I've mostly been using Mixcraft's music library, but I want to start something new with my new keyboard.

Can someone PLEASE tell me how I can connect my keyboard to my laptop via MIDI?

I've looked at other forum posts and contacted a few music artists..........they had nothing.

Please help!

Thanks!

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/53665-midi-keyboard-connecting-casio-keyboard-lenovo-z51-laptop.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I want keyboard laptop all-in-one I into trackpad my and want turn keyboard an and mouse to to remove the monitor basically gut it and turn the keyboard and trackpad of my laptop into a keyboard with built-in mouse for my desktop It s an old laptop that I was I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse thinking about throwing away anyway so I might as well turn it into something useful look at attachment I want be able to connect that to my desktop with USB and be able to use I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse it as both keyboard and mouse have both I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse the keyboard and trackpad work My desktop is right next to my bed so I sometimes swing the monitor around and put the keyboard and mouse on the bed But it s damn hard to use a mouse when you have bedsheets and blankets and other stuff that s soft as a surface Also I can t have any compatibility problems it needs to work with all systems in my house that I may want to connect it to Mac OS Windows XP Vista and Linux Ubuntu and Fedora nbsp

A:I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse

would anyone happen to know, and can give me a step-by-step?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-want-to-turn-my-laptop-keyboard-and-trackpad-into-an-all-in-one-keyboard-and-mouse.785581/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi, I do a lot of typing at night time and the click of my keyoard's keys can be quite noticeable when there is pure silence. I have a Logitech K520 which isn't so loud but I would really love a keyboard that has the same type of keys as my Samsung laptop which are practically silent. Most laptops I've tried have similar keyboards in that the key doesn't travel far at all and there is no 'clicky' sounds either.

I have no idea what I would search for as I don't know what the style of keyboard is called. There are various names on the market, 'soft touch', 'quiet touch', 'low profile' etc etc but nothing that specifically identifies a laptop style.

I would just like a wireless laptop keyboard basically, even if it's the same size as a laptop keyboard but preferrably full sized.

Thanks very much for any advice

Relevancy 45.15%

Hey I am pretty desperate usb does fine not keyboard but keyboard works work with laptop now as I recently got a new Lenovo z laptop keyboard does not work but works fine with usb keyboard ideapad laptop which i think its months old only All of the sudden one day the shift laptop keyboard does not work but works fine with usb keyboard key started to automatically been pressed down as if its like its being 'possessed' in simple terms and it happened at random times After much forums some say hold shift key down for secs or x amount of secs disable sticky keys filter keys bounce keys or even continue press shift keys continuously etc etc Did all those disabled sticky keys bounch keys filter keys and now whenever i on my comp the shift key will automatically be pressed down so i have to hold the shift key for like - secs to disable it than it works fine and no more occurence However a new problem occurs now certain keys on the laptop is not working like the right shift key when the right shift key is pressed down none of the letters are being capital or none of the symbols are showing BUT the left shift key does the job Than the left shift key could not caps the letter z t y m and a few more but it works prefectly fine with other keys Now i am pretty sure its not a keyboard malfunction because without pressing caps all the keys are fine but only these certain keys wont be caps when the left shift key is pressed So i decided to use an external keyboard and everything works out fine right shift key is working left shift key caps those letters which could not be caps on the laptop So what is the problem actually and how to solve it is it a keyboard driver or software problem or hardware problem Novice here Ps now i know you guys would say send in for warranty but I'm now in Australia and unfortunately i bought this machine in malaysia and my international waranty wont work cause my model is not sold in Australia yea bloody stupid for calling international warranty thanks and hope you guys could somehow help out

A:laptop keyboard does not work but works fine with usb keyboard

The fact that a USB keyboard works fine when your built in one doesn't, proves that it is the keyboard itself (or connectors) that is damaged/defective, otherwise, if it were a software problem, the external keyboard would do the same.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548387/laptop-keyboard-does-not-work-but-works-fine-with-usb-keyboard/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a Dell M Laptop that has New different function like keys laptop (: Help! keyboard has old keyboard? layout, served me quite well for several years I just replaced the keyboard the other day and everything is working fine except that the new keyboard has a slightly different layout than the old keyboard did For example with the new keyboard all the F F F etc keys have function secondaries on them like multimedia brightness antennae toggle and so on My old keyboard New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (: didnt have most of these and so when I attempt to use them on the new New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (: keyboard they simply do not work In fact when I use function keys as if I still had my old keyboard installed the functions work which means it is the software interpretation of the keys that I need to change Does anybody know how I can fix this so that the keys of the new keyboard and functions match what the keys New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (: actually say Another thing to add is that some of the new function keys on the new laptop such as antennae toggle were not on my last keyboard at all because they are softkeys on the case of my computer and I am not sure a function like that would be able to be added to the keyboard mapping at all but I m not sure Also I would prefer to not install third party software to accomplish this even if it means I need to delve into the registry manually Can anybody help nbsp

A:New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (:

You might try holding the 'fn' key while you tap the fnumber key.
Vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-laptop-keyboard-has-different-layout-keys-function-like-old-keyboard-help.1042592/
Relevancy 45.15%

I had a problem with my laptop not Several laptop keyboard working keyboard - keys on problem not which is certain key on my keyboard is not functioning The weird is it happened without a reason because Several keys on laptop keyboard not working - not keyboard problem after I shutdown doing my work when I turn it on again I discovered my quot s quot quot d quot quot g quot quot h quot quot quot quot m quot quot left shift quot quot caps lock quot and quot quot key did not work at all I try taking the key off cleaning underneath but nothing seems to be working After that I try to use usb keyboard and it seems the key can be entered So I thought my hardware is the problem than I replace into the new one but still having the same problem I already waste my money buying new keyboard Does any one happen to know what sort of problem this is and how I would go about fixing it Is it related to the registry My laptop is Acer aspire G ram GB processor i GHz I hope someone can help me to solve this problem nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/several-keys-on-laptop-keyboard-not-working-not-keyboard-problem.181333/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a HP vt6200 Omnibook laptop with German Keyboard. Recently my internal harddisk crashed and I replaced with a new IDE disk. I installed Windows XP (English US) afresh. Also installed the necessary drivers downloaded from HP site. Now the german keyboard is not working. It types multiple characters & behaves erratically. When I connect an external US English Keyboard, it works perfect. I tried changing the language/keyboard settings. It didn’t work.

I donot want to use German anymore on that laptop. All I want to use is only English. Now I am unable to use the laptop keyboard at all. Pls help !

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-issue-on-laptop-with-german-keyboard.782753/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi folks I've had success on this forum before and I'm hoping someone with more knowledge of IT than me can Cannot and in laptop to keyboard on-screen unresponsive keyboard ? W7 log no suggest Cannot log in to W7 laptop ? unresponsive keyboard and no on-screen keyboard a workaround solution Cannot log in to W7 laptop ? unresponsive keyboard and no on-screen keyboard to an issue I currently have with a Windows Home Premium laptop This is an old laptop that I only use from time to time but it still has a number of files and photos on it that I don't have saved elsewhere Last time I used the laptop it was acting as if the Ctrl key was being pressed every - seconds which made the keyboard difficult to use because it triggered shortcuts as I tried to type Ctrl O Ctrl S etc Because I don't use the laptop as my main machine I decided that I'd uninstall the keyboard driver from within the Control Panel and just use the on-screen keyboard going forward Following this I powered the machine on a couple of days ago and panicked when I discovered that I couldn't get the Ease of Access dialog box to display on the login screen to allow me to enable the on-screen keyboard It doesn't produce any kind of error it simply does nothing when the button located in the left-hand corner is clicked At this point I was still hopeful that I could get around the issue by connecting a standard USB keyboard but this is also completely unresponsive although it does appear to be getting power from the laptop because the Caps Lock indicator light is lit I've tried a few alternatives connecting the keyboard before powering up during the start up process and also at the log in screen Additionally in the hope that it would automatically install a driver in the background and eventually allow the keyboard to function I left the machine running for about minutes but still nothing So just to confirm the machine has only a single user account set up on it which is password protected I can't proceed past the log in screen at all the laptop's default keyboard is unresponsive Ease of Access OSK dialog box will not display and the standard USB keyboard I have here doesn't appear to be helping either I also considered trying the above in safe mode before realising that I couldn't even do that without a keyboard unless there's another way of accessing this that I'm not aware of Any ideas - Thanks

A:Cannot log in to W7 laptop – unresponsive keyboard and no on-screen keyboard

If you are just interested in recovering your data to save elsewhere you could purchase an external enclosure for about $8.00 at Newegg, remove the HDD from the laptop and install it in the external enclosure.  You can then attach it to another computer via a USB cable (which comes with the enclosure) and access your data to recover what you want.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/591884/cannot-log-in-to-w7-laptop-unresponsive-keyboard-and-no-on-screen-keyboard/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,

Everything was working fine. Suddenly, when I typed on the usb keyboard, nothing happened. So I put it in a different usb port on the laptop, and it still didn't work. So I tried the laptop's own keyboard and still nothing. I'm not sure what is going on. 

I tried deleting the keyboard driver from Device Manager but that did nothing. I tried searching for this problem but all the results seem to not apply to this specifically. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Also... I'm a n00b that knows very little about computers so bear with me

A:Laptop won't recognize keyboard OR external usb keyboard

When you deleted the keyboard driver for the laptop...did you reboot after doing so?

Does your BIOS call for USB  boot via USB device?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573633/laptop-wont-recognize-keyboard-or-external-usb-keyboard/
Relevancy 44.29%

My grandmother was in the middle of typing an email. When she hit the shift key to make a capital letter, a box about sticky keys came up, and now neither keyboard will work. She has restarted the computer, unplugged/re-plugged in the auxilary keyboard, (before, even with the auxilary keyboard plugged in, she could still use the laptop keyboard), pressing the scroll lock key didn't do anyting either.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Kirsten

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-auxilary-keyboard-not-working.829998/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi, I have an old Time laptop (so getting any drivers/chipsets will be a pain) that I'm using as a Home Theatre PC under my TV. I can wake up from standby with its power button, but not from its keyboard. Also, I can't do this using my Microsoft Wireless Desktop Keyboard, connected via USB (laptop doesn't have any PS2 ports).

I want to be albe to keep the laptop lid closed at all times and placed above my VCR, so having to open it every time I want to wake from standby is not ideal.

I've looked at all the APM properties for m/board and keyb but nothing. The BIOS says nothing about power management either.

Running Win XP SP2

Any suggestions? Thanks.

A:Laptop can't wake-up from Standby with own keyboard or USB keyboard

Hi

Were u able to do that before? Are u sure that your laptop is set to standby and not to sleep/hibernate mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-cant-wake-up-from-standby-with-own-keyboard-or-usb-keyboard.722999/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,

I have a strange problem and I can't find solution on internet. My 2 years old son was watching cartoons on my Laptop, he got excited and start hitting buttons on the keyboard. Some letters and numbers stooped working even arrows too...no sure what to do?

I have restated the laptop took off battery and did so many things What should I do?
please help

Thanks for your help

A:Laptop Keyboard main keys not working on Acer laptop

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

It is not hard to replace the keyboard.

See these search results for pricing and "hot to" videos.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/309462-laptop-keyboard-main-keys-not-working-acer-laptop.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I got my computer virused-up and unvirused thanks to the services of MBAM and too any others to name In the process something's changed with my keyboard There's a problem with my space bar When I tap the space bar to separate one word from the next the cursor doesn't move When I type the following word the space appears between the first and second letters of that word The droll sentence The quick red fox jumped over the lazy Keyboard Keyboard or driver problems. brown dog would appear as Theq uickr edf oxj umpedo vert hel azyb Keyboard or Keyboard driver problems. rownd og I can create a space between words by placing the cursor where the space should be tapping the space bar and tapping the -- gt arrow key While this creates a space it sends the cursor rapidly across the screen as though I am holding down the space bar I can stop its progress by tapping the backspace button or a button corresponding to a letter Other than this the arrow keys are either non-functional or work as usual The page-up page-down buttons work as expected Because of the uniformity of this dysfunction I'm inclined to believe that it's a systemic thing not a mechanical error with the keyboard Because I had to wipe the drive to get it unvirused my restore point is gone I've tried uninstalling reinstalling Windows uninstallling and reinstalling the keyboard driver s and updating them Apparently I have the most up-to-date iteration of drivers available for Windows already Before I turn this thing into a very expensive aerodynamically unlikely clay pigeon could someone please tell me how to fix this problem

A:Keyboard or Keyboard driver problems.

Did you try a different keyboard?

What type keyboard do you have...and where did you get the drivers for it ?

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/556322/keyboard-or-keyboard-driver-problems/
Relevancy 41.28%

I'm thinking about taking and old laptop and retrofitting it with a mini motherboard to use as a server at my new apartment. I would like to use the keyboard and monitor on the laptop case to keep the overall size down but I can't find any reference as to how you connect standard motherboard connectors (video and PS2(keyboard)) to the connectors found on the laptop monitor and keyboard. If anyone knows where I can find these connectors or specs on how to make them I would really appreciate it. If the mod gets done it will probably be pretty impressive and I'll give you credit for your troubles. Thanks

A:Need help with adapters: VGA to laptop monitor & PS2 to laptop keyboard

You should look for a docking station for it. That will solve your problems. :hotouch:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-adapters-vga-to-laptop-monitor-ps2-to-laptop-keyboard.2207/
Relevancy 39.56%

Well today when I came home my wife with problems, Please Keyboard help! problems Motherboard/BIOS. and told me the computer computer A kept crashing today and now it says there is no keyboard present and it won t boot up I confirmed this it said keyboard error or no keyboard present It was a USB keyboard I tested that keyboard with this our other computer and it worked with this computer I tried all USB ports on Computer A with no luck The lights on the keyboard would not come on I went out and bought a keyboard with a PS plug The lights on this keyboard do light up Now the computer comes to the screen where it Keyboard problems, and problems with Motherboard/BIOS. Please help! asks me to choose between Safe Mode and starting Windows normally but it won t let me choose or even press Enter If I wait until it defaults to quot Start Windows normally quot it attempts to boot Windows but I get a blue screen saying that the BIOS is not fully ACPI compliant It gives me this Keyboard problems, and problems with Motherboard/BIOS. Please help! STOP x A x x x x I put in the Windows XP Professional recovery disk and rebooted and now it gives me the option quot Press any key to boot from CD quot but again the keyboard does not seem to work The motherboard is an ASUS P Keyboard problems, and problems with Motherboard/BIOS. Please help! N-E SLI I m going to call the company that built the computer tomorrow and talk to their tech support But I hate waiting so I was hoping someone here might be able to at least tell me what is wrong with my computer If you need any other information in order to help me just ask I m more computer literate than the average person but not a pro Thanks I hope you can help me nbsp

A:Keyboard problems, and problems with Motherboard/BIOS. Please help!

Hmm i've seen this ACPI not compliant blue screen more than a few times and often a BIOS update will fix the problem.

Its not really an easy problem to fix and if your computer is under warranty i would let the company who built it, fix it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-problems-and-problems-with-motherboard-bios-please-help.728722/
Relevancy 38.27%

packard bell easynote r5 ; windows xp

the keyboard is frozen. if i press a key then mouse freezes too. tried restarting and system restore.

no working keys therefore cannot enter bios

problem occured after installing apache. now uninstalled but still a problem

A:laptop keyboard

could you get your hands on a USB keyboard, that may allow you to enter the bios. the mouse still works if you dont press buttons though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard.324853/
Relevancy 38.27%

hi some keys on my laptop keyboard do not work for long periods then work for a matter of minutes so im currently using on screen keyboard below is alphabet and numbers from my internal keyboard to show what doesnt work

abcdefhjklmnpqrsuvwxyz123456789

maybe some connection im not sure with this stuff also my enter tab wont work i have no external board so im screwed please help im running vista

Relevancy 38.27%

My dad can't use his spacebar at all on his keyboard of his laptop. Is there something he should do to help this problem? The arrow keys will not work either. Help please?

Thanks!

Relevancy 38.27%

Problem : Numbers  with special characters dont work properly

what happens is
when i press 1 i sometimes get 111 , 11 not single 1 , but repeated numbers following...

second is i cannot press shift + number key for special character  
example shift + 2 = @ , i get nothing after repeated tries i manage to get it ..

Edit : my shift keys with other keys is working fine , like shift +a = A etc , its only the top number keys problem.

Please help 
thanks

A:Laptop keyboard

its only the top number keys problem.

Do you mean the F (Function) keys?  F1 through F12?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/549347/laptop-keyboard/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have an hp pavillion. Recently my keyboard has been doing some strange things. Sometimes the b and n keys don't work. Sometimes when pressing the b key it turns the cap locks on and brings up the microsoft help page. I have checked the fuction lock button and it is not on. Does anyone know what is wrong and how to fix it?

A:HP laptop keyboard help

Someone wrote a guide on => Cleaning Laptop Keyboard
But if cleaning does not help, you may need to replace it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laptop-keyboard-help.120650/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hey there, I want to find out if my keyboard is back lit. If yes how do I turn it on. Cheers

Specs do not mention backlit, but if it is f5 turns it on and off

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-keyboard/td-p/5852046
Relevancy 38.27%

I have an HP Pavillion dv9000z (the 17 inch monster) and i just installed windows 7 and it works fine, but there is a small problem, the keyboard thinks its on the 15 inch model. when i turn on num lock, the num pad works, but then p becomes *, j becomes 1, etc. any way to fix this

Note: looked it up on the hp website, doing anything with the numlock/fn keys didn't seem to work

A:hp laptop keyboard

U=4 I=5 O=6 P=*
J=1 K=2 L=3 :=-
M=0 >=. ?=+

This right.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/65380-hp-laptop-keyboard.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I have a gateway m675 series laptop. I haven't used it in awhile, but now I can't even type on it. The keyboard does not respond to anything I do. I hooked up a external keyboard through the usb port and that works fine. The touchpad works too, but no response from any of the functions keys or regular alphabet. Any help would be grateful. Also, the power button works, the cd-rom drive works too. Just the keys have no response. I went and downloaded the drivers for the laptop off gateways website, but they have so many drivers for keyboards and most seem to be upgrades. None were just the basics. None of them worked. Help please!

A:can not use my keyboard on laptop

Does the Kb work when you are in the CMOS?BIOS setup pages?
If yes then you might have some corruption in the O/S a system restore or previously good startup may be in order.
If it does not ,You might have to send the Lptp in for service.
Also check the Setup for anything that might shutoff the onboard Kb to use an external KB especially docking settings,etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-not-use-my-keyboard-on-laptop.67534/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have just acquired a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro Laptop (purchased on Ebay)
It is running WindowsXP Home.

Silly question I am sure but, when I try to type the "@" charecter, using the left shift key, all I get is ". I can't work out how to set up the keyboard, and obviousley until I do so I cannot use the laptop for emails etc.

any suggestions, the technological pigmy is lost in the long grass!

Thank You.

Relevancy 38.27%

My laptop keyboard is fried (Dell Inspirion 2650) and says it is holding down keys such as X, s, and Tab...I have a seperate USB keyboard plugged into it but the laptop keyboard still keeps doing that.....Is there any way to disable the laptop keyboard 100%

I really appreciate all responses, this is my only computer for college.

-ryan.

A:Laptop Keyboard help.

I am not sure but there should be screws for you to unscrew your keyboard. Check.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-keyboard-help-102873.html
Relevancy 38.27%

hi, i am using an e-system 3090 laptop, problem is on the letters on the second bottom on the keyboard, the letters x c v then n m , . / dont work, the letters z b are okay, i havent dropped or spilt any thing on the keyboard and the drivers show they are working okay.
thanks
jedocast

The ribbon cable might have come loose, although that very rarely occurs. Also, the contacts underneath those keys might need cleaned.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keyboard.156082/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi, my dell laptop keyboard got messed up so I bought a new
one in ebay (same one) when i recieved it I installed it and
I turned on my laptop tried to type but the letter Z i think is stuck
because it stays doing this zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wont stop.
Can it be solved ? Before I send it back . ^_^

Danshibai,
The quick down and dirty answer because it's a brand new keyboard is no. I would RMA it asap. See if they will charge another keyboard, to credit later once the defective keyboard is returned. These sticky keys can be manipulated so I'm told, but every time I've tried it has remained the same or gotten worse or jacked up the mounts as to make installing the key back impossible. Don't mess with a good RMA ! Oh you can try holding the keyboard upside down and blasting light blasts of air under the Z key but likely its the return spring is bad or needs to be pulled up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/221622-laptop-keyboard.html
Relevancy 38.27%

okay folks...my ex calls me up tonite and says that when she types on her keyboard the T's are 6's & the A's are 9's or something like that...not all keys are wrong though...mouse works fine. she thinks a child might've been playing with it but I don't know...don't ask me what kind of laptop it is...never saw it...told her to run her v scans,try going into windows accessabilty and checking it out,reboot,shake upsidedown for crumbs etc....any suggestions? thanks...paul

A:Laptop keyboard just isn't right

If children are involved, a new keyboard may be needed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keyboard-just-isnt-right.111761/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have an ibm thinkpad t22 it is 900 mhz with 256 meg ram 20 gig harddrive. I am having problem with the keyboard. The problem is several key are not working the key are as follow q,w,e,rt,y,u,i,o,p,[,], left shift, tab key, cap key and backspace key. I instal two new keyboard and have the same problem. Any idea.

It sounds like it's had liquid spilt on it, sometimes replacing the keyboard won't fix it. All I can suggest is using an external PS2 or USB keyboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard.703932/
Relevancy 38.27%

Ya, i asked a question on my keyboard question on my laptop and here is an update. The guy from dell replaced the hole keyboard. It was working great, but yet again, it does the same thing. Something has to be wrong. Can someone help me. It cant be derty since i just got it a few hours ago

A:Laptop keyboard help plz

Which same thing? Keys not working or the wrong letter being displayed. You can probably plug an external keyboard into the back of your Laptop and see if the problem stops when using that keyboard. If not it may be a software problem and you may need to scan for viruses and spywhere.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-help-plz.258437/
Relevancy 38.27%

Ok, here's the lowdown:

My younger sister spilled pop on her laptop (Dell Inspiron 1520) and has since cleaned it up with a little water on a paper towel. I knew this is not enough, but she insisted it was fine. Only, when she went to type, her keys were wrong.

For example, the 'A' key puts in letters such as 'FDLKS'. This happens on the left side of the keyboard, which is where the pop spilled. The right side seems to work just fine.

I know that taking apart the computer and taking out the keyboard might be the way to go, but do any of you have any suggestions as to how to clean it? And if that is not possible, where would be a good place to get a replacement keyboard?

Thanks!
ITgirl45

A:Pop on laptop keyboard!! Help!!!

http://repair4laptop.org/notebook_keyboard.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pop-on-laptop-keyboard-help.724652/
Relevancy 38.27%

Im trying to fix my mom's laptop she has a Dell Inspiron 1200. And for some reason when you type on it you get an extra letter, for example when you press 'a' you get 'as' or 'sa'. I dont know whether this could be a software problem, or just a dumb hardware thing. Anyone have an idea what the problem is? and if it's even fixable? Thanks much guys.

A:Laptop keyboard mix up

Hi!

Yes, it could be either. However, my experience with the 1200’s indicates a failing keyboard and/or a keyboard that has had something spilt on, even a little splatter of something sticky can cause this.

To eliminate a “software” issue, it would be best to boot into another OS or piece of software that will allow you to type. Even if you just download the Linux Ubuntu Live CD and boot to it. Then open Open Office and type all the letters on the keyboard to see if it still occurs.

Sorry, the Ubuntu Live CD is the 1st thing that popped into my mind for a bootable OS or program that would allow you test. I’m sure there are other programs out there that would allow you to do this too.

Thanks……………. Shane

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-mix-up.670478/
Relevancy 38.27%

So I have had this odd problem for a long LONG time.
Since the day I got this replacement keyboard from alienware on my 5500m laptop, certain keys do not work.
The following keys do not work:
CVXM,./

I called alienware, we reinstalled the driver, didn't change anything. THey sent me a replacement keyboard, didnt change anything.

Opinions?
Makes me think there is something wrong with the motherboard, but then again all the other keys work. Its a EXTREMELY strange problem.

A:Laptop Keyboard

Try a differant ribbon

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard.780899/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi I have a toshiba satellite L455D labtop, my daughter spelt coffee on the right handside of computer and spelled 90% of it on the keyboard. We wiped it off right away and cleaned up under it but half the keys don't work. Should I just buy a new one if so where to go and if not then how can I fix it at home?

Hi

you cant fix laptop KB's they arent repairable, Ebay is your best bet, they are easy to replace, usually a few screws or a couple of pop tabs and a ribbon cable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keyboard.143639/
Relevancy 38.27%

I just installed a new hard drive in my computer (upgraded to a 1TB,) re-installed Windows 8, everything seems to be going great...except...

It seems like my keyboard is ultra sensitive...? That's the best way I know how to describe it. When I rest my hands where I normally do and start typing, especially if I'm going super fast, it seems like keys I'm not pressing get 'pressed', or the cursor just moves to another place on the screen randomly. I cannot for the life of me figure out why it's doing this or what I can do to make it stop. It's very very frustrating!!

A:Laptop keyboard seems to do whatever it wants

Where is your thumb when you are typing???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-seems-to-do-whatever-it-wants.1100953/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have an Everex laptop. Sometimes when I am typing the keyboard moves single letters around sometimes splits words. It happens quiute a lot. I was wondering if anyone knew why this is happening.

Sure your not touching the touchpad? (which is the same as left clicking with the mouse button on a lot of laptops).
If not, you need to give more examples!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard.925749/
Relevancy 38.27%

How do you install a new keyboard on a Toshiba Setallite A135- laptop?

toshiba's website may have service instructions. also consider the age of the piece. it may not be worth messing with.

Most laptops have hordes of screws (Dell latitude models have 65+ screws in 6 different types) and you have remove many types of them to get to the keyboard. if they are marked in any way, draw circles on a piece of paper. Mark the circles for the screw type (motherboard, keyboard, disk drive, lcd ...). put the screws you remove into the proper circle and don't move the paper until you have completely reassembled the laptop.

Remove the battery, hard drive, optical drive and other loose parts first. Look for notches that show where you can gently pry apart pieces of plastic to access the hardware below.

If they are similar to Dell, there are 4-5 screws marked as KB. Remove those and the bezel piece between keyboard and LCD panel. Carefully lift up the keyboard, noting how it connects to the mainboard. Most use a mylar strip with connectors embedded. You may need to figure out how to unlock the connection in order to remove the strip. Some systems use a 2 part connector. Move one side of the connector and it unlocks. Do not force the connector apart by pulling on the cable. That will ruin the connector.

Reassemble in the reverse order.

As a workaround, try using a regular keyboard plugged into the usb or ps/2 port.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard.695651/
Relevancy 38.27%

My son has a Dell Inspiron 2650 laptop. Last week the keyboard stopped working. I just assumed it had worn out so I bought another one from Dell. It arrived today and before I could change it, he called me and told me the old one started working again. Does this mean something sinister is going on? I am going to change it anyway since I have the new one but I wonder if something else might be going on. Thanks for any advice.

Relevancy 38.27%

I connected a 2nd keyboard to my laptop to make things easier. But now when I do want to use the laptop's original keyboard, it's all screwy. Like hitting the letter L gives you the number 3 instead, and all sorts of other errors. This still happens after I've disconnected the 2nd keyboard. How do I fix this?

A:laptop keyboard mix-up

Do you have different country's keyboard layouts installed? You may have some switched it to another language.
Outside of that, reboot didn't fix it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-mix-up.384475/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have a new laptop that just got fixed and my niece pressed something on the HP Pavilion DV6-6000 Keyboard and now i cannot type anything, if i try to type something like if i type the "F" key some tool bar comes up. PLEASE HELP!!!!

A:Help with laptop keyboard?

Did you niece spill something on the keyboard? They are easy enough to replace, and as you can see, fairly cheap too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-laptop-keyboard.180066/
Relevancy 37.84%

I have a touchscreen laptop and a couple of weeks ago I noticed that whenever I was lifting or moving my laptop for eg from one room to another with the screen open the display was rotating and remained like that without turning back rotated at After several times I locked the rotation so it won't happen again No it started the keyboard and the mouse thouch pad to stop freeze keyboard Laptop working after I lift the latop The mouse cursor on the screen is disapearing and is not working The keyboard as well is not working I pressed caps lock to check if the led lit but it doesn't The touchscreen is working tough If i reset the laptop is still not working The only way to remedy this is by shutting down the laptop and switch it back on Does anyone has a solution for Laptop keyboard freeze this issue or a diagnostic because I'm starting to get annoyed having to switch it off and on several times a day especially Laptop keyboard freeze if I have work in progress I haven't installed or update any major software or drivers Can it be some Laptop keyboard freeze fault with the gyro or other protection hardware inside

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Laptop-keyboard-freeze/td-p/5756426
Relevancy 37.84%

In my hands I hold a Compaq cq60 laptop with windows vista.The problem is everything starts up fine but after you type in the password and the windows starts up, no more keyboard use. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 37.84%

Please help. When I type a message, my keyboard letters jumped all around and enter past words that I have typed. I have switched keyboards and it does the same thing. I am using a Dell laptop with Windows7 and intel Pentium inside.
My original sentence before I made corrections read "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog."
This is the way the sentence looked before I made corrections "The quiwnck bro f.fped ogver the lazyx o jum do

A:Laptop keyboard problem

What antivirus program are you using? How old is this laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keyboard-problem.213484/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hey so my samsung-np x e laptop had liquid damage to the keyboard Laptop issue keyboard rendering most of the keys inoperable I did not send it for repair instead I m using a USB keyboard right now It was Laptop keyboard issue fine for a while So here s the problem These few days whenever I start my laptop it boots into a quot Phoenix SecureCore Tiano Setup quot thing and for some reason my external keyboard would not respond for a period of time I d have to I know this is really bad sort of lightly smash the original keyboard and for some reason my external keyboard would work Also when I finally start using the laptop my external keyboard s left Control key would not work I know that my external keyboard is fully functional as I tested it on another PC Can anyone help me here Why do I always boot into the setup page and why does my external keyboard s control key not work on my laptop Is it because there s a stuck key somewhere and if that is the case is it possible for me to disable my built-in keyboard Finally what is your opinion on leaving the laptop in sleep mode overnight instead of shutting it down Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 37.84%

hey i was wondering if i can replace my laptop keyboard to a new backlit keyboard?? if so can u give me a link of a replacement keyboard for my laptop but what i want is a backlit keyboard so yeah

A:i want to replace my laptop keyboard

Yes there is an optional backlit keyboard but the part available is the entire top cover: Keyboard/top cover with backlight: For use in the United States (with backlight) 806757-001  http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?type=PROD&SearchText=K9E12AAR If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/i-want-to-replace-my-laptop-keyboard/td-p/5611315
Relevancy 37.84%

I own a gateway laptop and the keyboard is not working,the only letters that show are just above the spacebar. Any ideas what might be the cause?
Thank you,keg

A:Laptop keyboard not working

Was any liquid spilled on the keyboard? Did it suddenly stop working, or did you shut it off one day and it stopped working on the next power up?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keyboard-not-working.161536/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi all,

I have a problem with a group of keys mot working on my Amilo Pro V3405 and wish to check the connections from KB to MB.

I have eliminated software issues so this is last resort.

Laptop just ot of warranty and has had very little use, perhaps a few hours only so it is unlikely wear and tear.

If anyone can help with removal procedure, I would be most appreciative.

Best wishes
TopDog

Relevancy 37.84%

Hello, I made my Windows 7 64-bit laptop my new desktop. I put all the peripherals to the laptop; monitor, keyboard, speakers, etc, etc. Everything works fine.

I am able to restart & shut down the laptop from the added monitor(start menu), however, I'm not able to power it back on from a complete shut down from the 2nd keyboard. I have read
there is a way to do this. Right now, I must go into the laptop and toggle the on/off key. My question, is there a way to add a turn-on key(power on) to the 2nd keyboard? And if so, which key would be most appropriate for this? Thank you for all your help on this forum.

A:Add laptop power-on key to 2nd keyboard

If it supports such a thing it would more than likely be located in the bios. I can't say anything beyond that.

Waking it from sleep with the second keyboard should be in windows power options.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/142392-add-laptop-power-key-2nd-keyboard.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Well i know why it isn't working. Friend of mine split his drink on it. Well i have taken it apart and tried to clean it and when i plug the keyboard in it starts typing things like i has sticky keys of course but i cant backspace or get it to stop.

Now on the motherboard the plug in for the keyboard ribbon does have stuff split on it and dried but it seems to still function what im trying to find out. Does anyone think the problem will be solved with a new keyboard or do i need a new motherboard. let me know what ya think thanks!

A:laptop keyboard not working?

anyone want to throw out a suggestion?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-not-working.727676/
Relevancy 37.84%

I have an HP Envy x369, fairly new I got it last year. I opened it up today, only to realize the keyboard was messed up. The "X" key acts as the volume increase key and types in 2 characters, which I can't see when I try to log into my laptop. I have no idea what characters are actually being typed, but I can't log into my laptop and I really need help because I have finals this week and everything I need to study is on my laptop..

A:My laptop's keyboard isn't working right, please help.

x360*

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptops-keyboard-isnt-working-right-please-help.1170640/
Relevancy 37.84%

I recently upgraded the memory in my fathers Laptop from the original 256Mb sim to a 2Gb sim. No problem there however the Return key and the Cursor keys seem to have stopped working even in the Bios.

I have removed the battery and held the power button in for 30secs thinking a reset of the Bios would fix the problem, no luck there they still do not function.

I have removed the keys and checked that nothing has been spilled on the keyboard, no problem there ether.

I have also checked internally to see if there was any damage to the ribbon cable. Seems fine.

To be honest I cant seem to locate the issue and was hoping someone could offer some additional support. Anybody any ideas?

Specs: Esystem EI 3101 laptop, Intel Celeron M430 1.73ghz CPU, 2Gb DDR2, Internal 256mb GFX card.

A:Laptop keyboard issue

Did you try re-installing the 256MB memory to see if the keyboard started working again?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keyboard-issue.195455/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi, my Toshiba Satellite A200 keyboard doesn't work it appears to think the CTRL button is being held down sometimes, but not all the time, is there a way to disable the keyboard and just plug in a usb keyboard without completely taking apart the computer and taking out the keyboard?

If this is in the wrong spot sorry :S

A:How to disable laptop keyboard?

Welcome
First yours is a unique question, never had it before.
Might try going to search by the start button.
Type device manager.
In device manage lookd for the keyboard driver and disable it.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/290219-how-disable-laptop-keyboard.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi,
I am awaiting a new keyboard for my notebook. The model is an Acer Aspire 3000. I have searched these boards and the net and can't find anything that would specifically aid me in this installation. I downloaded a PDF of the schematics but it just gives me a blueprint version of the systems, piece by piece, no instructions on an install. I found tons for Macbooks though =P I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find step by step instructions, model specific, or has changed one out themself. Any and all help is appreciated Thanks so much!

A:Laptop Keyboard Installation Help

The installation procedure is the reverse of the disasembly procedure? Ok so I was a bit of a smart ***, and you probably haven't disasembled the laptop yet.

I've taken exactly one laptop apart, and after a year or so still haven't put it back together, so do what you will with my advice and whatever you do don't force anything.

More than likely your laptop has screws you can see on its bottom, so take those out. Some screws will be of a different size than the others and you'll want to be able to remember exactly where each screw came from, so number each screw and draw a diagram of where they came from.

#3 is the "Screen Hinge Cover Plate"

You'll have to take a close look at the screen hinge cover plate to get it off because it's probably just snapped into place. Once you take off the screen hinge cover plate you'll see a few more screws that you'll need to take out, number and draw a diagram for.

Once you have all the proper screws out, your laptop clamshell should open up. The keyboard is probably attached onto the bottom part of the clamshell with a few more screws and with a ribbon cable to your motherboard. Just slide the keyboard ribbon compression bar away from from the main fitting and remove the ribbon from the fitting. Now slide the new keyboard into place and do the reverse of these instructions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keyboard-installation-help.103881/
Relevancy 37.84%

My hp laptop keyboard was working perfectly ....now some of the keys and numbers including bluetooth device are not workning unable to use dem

Please assist

A:laptop keyboard not working

Hi and welcome to TSF can you go to the hp support page for your model and download the touch pad package and reinstall it, if need be use another computer and put it on a usb flash drive and transfer to your computer

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-keyboard-not-working-682396.html
Relevancy 37.84%

My Dell Laptop keyboard will not type anything. Keys appear to work, but nothing is typed. My husband said they just stopped working.

A:Dell laptop keyboard

Welcome to the forum. Blame the old man LOL. Do the lights work etc does it work before windows starts ie can you get to the bios have you got another keyboard to test in case its just broke

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-7-a/127315-dell-laptop-keyboard.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Recently I had to wipe my laptop clean to get rid of a virus. Upon reinstalling Windows XP I had hundreds of updates. After the last round of updates my keyboard works to hit enter when I am starting it up and it asks me if I want to start normally or in safe mode but after that it will not work for me to put my password in. Any ideas on a solution besides tossing out the window? The computer is about a four year old Gateway.

A:Laptop Keyboard not working

Do you have a keyboard you could plug in? Also, make sure you don't have one of those funny [FN] keys locked, you might have disabled the keyboard by accident. If you are unsure, shut it down, unplug the power cord, then remove the battery for a minute. Hook everything back up, that might help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keyboard-not-working.158845/
Relevancy 37.84%

I have a friend who's laptop keyboard suddenly stopped working a couple of days ago.
She has an Acer Aspire 3100 running windows XP home addition.
On top of the keyboard not working it is up able to connect to microsoft update.
Also the computer won't shut down most times unless the battery is removed and replaced.
I have done a virus scan and it didn't find any virus's.
If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

A:Laptop Keyboard not working

One additional thing is that the keyboard does work during boot up and in the bios setup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-not-working.722883/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello

ive seen a laptop its keyboard isnt functioning properly by this i mean
when you click the letters they dont type it seems to like you click this key and it will try open or close the program or it will preform a tab function when you click the "D" key, i started the laptop in safe mode and it seemed to have worked fine for about 20 mins then it began to do the same thing

any ideas?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-keyboard-not-functioning-318804.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I am stuck at the login screen of my laptop right now. Here's the story: I closed the laptop screen when I went to eat lunch. The Laptop worked perfectly fine. When I came back, the keyboard acted a bit strange. All my keys are working except the numbers and letters when I tried to type in my password to log back in. I tried using the on-screen keyboard but it still does not work. Can someone please help me!!

A:There's a problem with my Laptop's Keyboard

Two or more programs possibly clashed, Windows & keyboard lost this battle. Have you cold-powered down and cold-booted back up yet?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/63955-theres-problem-my-laptops-keyboard.html