Windows Support Forum

EVGA Classified Dual-Proc Board

Q: EVGA Classified Dual-Proc Board

EXCLUSIVE! New EVGA Classified Dual-Proc Board ? 270-GT-W555! | Tech Reaction

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: EVGA Classified Dual-Proc Board

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: EVGA Classified Dual-Proc Board

Lush... and pricey too LOL!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/53714-evga-classified-dual-proc-board.html
Relevancy 81.7%

My son got new parts for Christmas. He keeps freezing at windows startup, profiles, or at the desktop. It seems to work better when he keeps the side panel off. He's concerned that something is overheating.

HIs power supply sits at the bottom of the computer. Should the fan on the supply face up or down? What steps should he take to troubleshoot? Any suggestions or experience.

Thanks in advance

A:help with new corsair tx750M and EVGA 560 ti 448 core classified graphics card

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-new-corsair-tx750m-and-evga-560-ti-448-core-classified-graphics-card.1033059/
Relevancy 79.55%

I am running windows Home Premium 64bit. I just did a fresh install and when I ran the WEI the computer rebooted. I can run it with out being in SLI mode, but as soon as I enable and refresh the computer reboots. I am wondering if it is caused by the power supply. I have a rosewill RP650 2 psu. Newegg.com - Rosewill RP650-2 650W ATX12V v2.3 & EPS12V v2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply

What are your thoughts?? I have the latest drivers and again this is a new OS install.

A:Evga GTX 260 SLI with Evga x58 mother board reboot issues

Hi and welcome to seven forums

How recent is the SLI? Have you just added the 2nd card?

Could you tell us the rest of your system specs or fill them in on your profile.

Do both cards work fine if you just have 1 installed?

Sounds like it could be a power issue if so.

Cheers

Paul.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/187047-evga-gtx-260-sli-evga-x58-mother-board-reboot-issues.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I want to take my hard drive with the files (win98se) from a hp intel 500mhz celeron system and put it in a 1300mhz AMD board.
Before I do this should I remove most of the drivers etc before I switch over or should i leave it as is? I was just thinking that there would be a lot of conflicts if i don't prepare it for the move. What is the normal procedure? Thanks. Ed

Relevancy 66.22%

Hey, so im looking to upgrade my graphics card in my computer, which i bought about a year ago; overall it's pretty good other than the crappy radeon r7 200 series graphics card that came with it. I'm planning on buying an EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1060 3GB soon. I have multiple problems: Firstly i'm not sure if it will fit into my motherboard or if it's even compatible with it, this being a GA-F2A68HM-HD2.
Furthermore, I'm not sure what the power output is of my pc, so idk how to check if it can support it (i also dont know the power requirement of it so any help on that would be appreciated)
Notes, in my case, it is mostly empty spare for the fans, cpu etc, the motherboard has nothing opposite it, with about 10/11 cm of space between it and the side of my pc.
Any help with this would be amazing,
Thanks in advance.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/will-evga-gtx-1060-fit-my-mother-board-4611474/
Relevancy 66.22%

i just got my motherboard RMA d after a power outage i plugged it and when i powered it mother RMA'd DOA? 680i Board EVGA Just on a spark flew from my video card so i knew that my video card was probbably fried so i bought a brand new GT plugged everything in again started it up and nothing there is not a video signal at all my mother board being a EVGA i A has a cool little DEBUG led and all im getting on it is - - when Just RMA'd EVGA 680i mother Board DOA? my computer was up and running i usally got FF Just RMA'd EVGA 680i mother Board DOA? witch i checked on the manual is Boot since Just RMA'd EVGA 680i mother Board DOA? i get a Random - - that is not even in my mother board manual i think that it might be dead on arrival the computer powers up and my fans start running my brand new graphics card starts up and the mobo lights come on another thing about the mother board lights when i would start up my computer before i had the power outage i would only get a BLUE led which would come on when there was power to the system and a Green light that would come on when i powered on now i get those two and a orange one that i think hads a label of J if anyone can help me out with this the things that ive done I reset the bios using a jumper that my mobo manual said I took out the board and re set it in my case I made sure that all my connections were good while i wait for an reply from someone i am going to reset my CPU on the mother board nbsp

A:Just RMA'd EVGA 680i mother Board DOA?

Well, it is likely dead, but dead due to what happened, rather than dead upon arrival.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-rmad-evga-680i-mother-board-doa.100659/
Relevancy 65.36%

Ok so maybe someone here can help me I purchased an BSOD's Evga like crazy Buggy Board used older used Evga i SLI Motherboard and Core duo Buggy used Evga Board BSOD's like crazy cpu for more than its worth Installed a known working set of OCZ Drr Pc and a Nvidia Geforce GTS mb card I had one of these board before so I know its a tuff board to configure I must have something set wrong somewhere or the board is just screwed I could not get win to complete an install it kept crashing on me so I moved it into another PC and then sysprepped the drive but then Buggy used Evga Board BSOD's like crazy Everytime I run a windows update and it asks me to reboot it crashes on me to a blue screen that goes to fast for me to read Then on boot up it wont detect my OCZ Agility SSD drive unless I hit the reset button twice then it finally lets me get back into windows I gave up yesterday because I spent hrs messing with I Sys-prepped my SSD drive again dragged it over Buggy used Evga Board BSOD's like crazy to another PC ran all updates and got windows exactly how I wanted it and then transferred it back to the EVGA board and all was good for about mins then everything froze and all my icons went away and the shutting down screen came up for a quick splash then bam BSOD again then it took another hour to get back to my desktop again because it kept either not finding the ide drives even though its ssd I have it running in IDE mode since its a single drive or it would get to the loading screen and freeze so finally I got back to the desktop then I said ok what do I need to do next to make this thing useable I couldn't think of anything except I hadn't installed an anti virus on it yet before i moved the mouse to click IE BSOD Hard So I took all the heat tubes and heat sinks off the board and scraped and cleaned and re-themal pasted everything on the board figuring maybe its an issue with heat great idea worked for about hrs got my A V downloaded and a couple new updates that came through and reboots worked and all was well Shut it down and went to bed next day every start up gave me about mins of use till bsod bsod bsod or that funky disappearing of the desktop and the shut down screen showing up then bsod I gave up again left it sit a day and then powered it up today and working great for the last hrs then bamn bsod did a reboot that went well got me right back on and now its been working again for - mins no problem if I open the event logs its only showing me critical errors one for boot up yesterday and one for shut down yesterday attaching image for shutdown error So any thoughts or ideas what the problem might be sorry so long but I wanted to be through what if any more info would one need to help determine the problem

A:Buggy used Evga Board BSOD's like crazy

Additional information is required.

1. Download the DM Log Collector application to your desktop by clicking the link below

DM Log Collector.exe

2. Run it by double-clicking the icon on your desktop, and follow the prompts.
3. Locate the .ZIP file that is created on your desktop, and upload it here in your next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/353018-buggy-used-evga-board-bsods-like-crazy.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I am shopping for a new laptop and when I read ads it states for example "Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E2160 1.8GHz." What does this mean? I believe it means 1 proc dual core but my question is does each prco run at 1.8GHz and the total speed is 3.6GHz. Or it is just 1 proc running at 1.8GHz? Can any forum menber point me to some articals that will explain this and show what "what is important specs or processor to look for." Thank-you

Relevancy 65.36%

I own an HP Kayak with dual slot 1 -- which can support upto 500mhz p3 processors in them. i have tried several pairs of p2 400mhz and 350 mhz as well as 500mhz p3 pairs. but i have been unable to achieve the simultaneous working of 2 processors. every time when i checked the performance by any diagnostic software i found out that only one of the pair is working. i have been using win xp pro.

can somebody guide where i am making the mistake which fails me in achieving the performance by the dual processors.

A:Hp Kayak With Dual Proc Slots

I believe you will need to do a Repair install to switch to a Multiprocessor HAL.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-kayak-with-dual-proc-slots.401205/
Relevancy 64.93%

ok first off i got this board second hand from my brother he couldnt get it to work at all however he thought it was a video card compatability issue He had a ATI Radeon card and its an NVIDIA chipset on the board Now that ive giving a tiny bit of back ground ill give you the systems specs or atleast the specs itll be once its working and can see things CPU Intel core duo E RAM GB DDR x OCZ REAPER Motherboard As mentioned EVGA NVIDIA i sli GPU GEforce GS PSU Sparkle W gold class TB for storage and a GB + no =( sli output board video Evga 680i Nvidia for the OS Thats whats in my box and the box itself is a Rosewill Evga Nvidia 680i sli board + no video output =( CRUISER So far everything looks like its powers up right and and the HDD spins up it seems like its posting correctly i jus cant get anyvideo out of it Any suggestions would be helpful also keyboards will not work in any usb port and on the mointer it says entering power save mode it detects the cable being there but does not get a signal ive tried multiple keyboards and multiple video cables nbsp

A:Evga Nvidia 680i sli board + no video output =(

sounds like it's just a faulty board... it doesn't matter if you have a single ATI or NVIDIA card, it should work with either

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-nvidia-680i-sli-board-no-video-output.160688/
Relevancy 59.34%

I wonder if EVGA had the official 'okey-dokey' before pushing out this little gem. It handily bests the GTX 580 while sporting 2GB 's of memory.(only 1GB per GPU however). In many situations it will give the GTX 590 a run for its money...actually for about $200.00 less. At the same price as the average GTX 580, this card would seem to be ready to cannibalize sales of both the GTX 580, and 590 if it is made widely available. It's seemingly an odd move, but a tremendous card according to the folks over at PC Perspective

From PC Perspective:

the review can be had here at PC Perspective
:http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/EVGA-GeForce-GTX-560-Ti-2Win-2GB-Dual-GPU-Graphics-Card-Review

A:EVGA GTX 560 Ti 2 Win 2GB dual-GPU graphics card

The card more than likely has Nvidia's stamp of approval since at the price point it equals enthusiast territory, and like the dual GTX 460 EVGA launched earlier, I think the card is neutered on being SLI'ed with another of it's kind ( strike one). Nice niche card but...
At $500+ it's also going up against EVGA's own GTX 560Ti DS (with similar cooling) that's clocked faster and would certainly have more OC headroom at the same price point (SLI) (strike two)
Like the dual-GTX460 (and the PowerColor dual HD 6870) I wouldn't think the card would see widespread release. It checks the same boxes as the conventional two card setup ( good price/ perf. relatively cool'n'quiet ..but is still saddled with the 1GB frame buffer and 256-bit bus that makes it less than suitable for Surround/ 3D/ 3D Surround (strike three).

I'm actually surprised that EVGA haven't launched a dual version of their GTX 580 Classified 3GB (just for PR's sake at least) and Nvidia probably would frown upon a GTX 570-2Win, but I'm also guessing that the PCB, extra memory and VRM's would make it prohibitively expensive in any case...so given that those two options are off the table, then a dual GTX 560Ti becomes the de facto choice I suppose.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-gtx-560-ti-2-win-2gb-dual-gpu-graphics-card.172997/
Relevancy 58.91%

I'm hoping someone can help me with this I had a EVGA GTX which was sent back for repairs because I thought it was causing a problem A new dual with 280 using GTX nVidia mode EVGA Problem card was shipped back to me Among other things I use my computer using the nVidia two-monitor setup using quot extend mode quot Problem using nVidia dual mode with EVGA GTX 280 so both monitors in effect become a much wider screen My old card was set up this way With the replacement card looking at the computer as seen from the rear the DVI output on the quot right quot furthest from the motherboard works fine and as far as I can tell there are no issues However there is nothing I can do to get any kind of image from the other DVI output I've tried quot dual mode quot quot clone mode quot and just hooking up a single cable only to that DVI connector I've tried two different monitors and two different cables Is there some quot trick quot to turn on that other DVI connector or is this new card Problem using nVidia dual mode with EVGA GTX 280 defective I think I had a similar problem years ago and a friend fixed it very easily but I don't remember what he did If it means anything the video card I was using while this one was being repaired worked fine in dual-channel mode The drivers were uninstalled when we removed the old card and the new drivers were installed after the was connected to the system

A:Problem using nVidia dual mode with EVGA GTX 280

Have you adjusted the settings in the NIVIDA control center?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/103649-problem-using-nvidia-dual-mode-evga-gtx-280-a.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi im planning an upgrade soon on my computer because i got some extra parts to do so with Basically throwing my current hardware in a new case with some spare things im came across I have a eVGA i motherboard that im going to use for my new build Now currently im running RAID on my ASUS p b deluxe mobo I use that for just dual RAID mobo 790i eVGA Configured on 0 my OS and have a third drive thats not raided and use it simply for storage and backups I also plan on running RAID on my new system but i want to throw a fourth drive in and create two pairs of RAID drives two drives raided for my OS and two drives raided for my storage Basically im trying to find out if this can be done Configured dual RAID 0 on eVGA 790i mobo My mobo supports all raid sets and all six SATA ports are raid capable but i dont know if it can do a dual raid like im thinking Secondly Configured dual RAID 0 on eVGA 790i mobo I also use acronis Treu Image for my OS backups and frequently restore my OS to my quot preffered setup of XP Pro quot These images usually get stored on my storage drive s which will possibly soon be raided also Does anyone see issues with this Like not being able to access the raided storage drives and what not Losing data is not a concern at all i backup to another network computer and also and external drive so thats not a issue Just trying to see what i might be getting myself into before i find myself formatting and re-raiding numerous times only to find out its not worth it Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated Thanks for reading nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

EVGA just released their dual i7 board a couple months ago, but now it's out of their product line, with the single socket only existing. I was looking forward to purchasing this. What happened?

A:EVGA Dual Socket i7 extreme quad sli motherboard gone?

the only one im aware of is the evga super record 2, which is not meant to be for the average consumer/Hardcore gamer but for workstation/server use using dual 1366 xeons.
was the mystery board given a name?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/evga-dual-socket-i7-extreme-quad-sli-motherboard-gone.984451/
Relevancy 55.9%

ram:OCZ Intel Extreme Edition Dual Channel 4096MB PC12800 DDR3 1600MHz Memory

i'm desperate of constant freezes, luck ups can anyone tell me what's the memory setting for this board, i wanna run the ram for 1333mhz since that's my cpu front bus speed, so can someone tell me what do i have to change, i'm running at 1.8 volts right now with latency at 7-7-7-24 t2 i don't know what else to do.

A:problem with EVGA 790i ultra sli with OCZ Intel Extreme Edition Dual Channel 4096MB P

thanks for all the help!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/266163-problem-evga-790i-ultra-sli-ocz-intel-extreme-edition-dual-channel-4096mb-p.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I was just wondering what your opinion was on this deal I found I have been looking for a processor and I quoted a few things and realized for I could get a Socket AM Mobo w pci-express slot and an AMD Athlon gh L I could also stick to my current mobo and get a new Pentium ghz MB L What should I do I am on the verge of going with the P because it is a cheaper alternative for now I have a lot more expenses to worry about but what do you guys think EDIT AMD - http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E R Intel - http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E The AM Mobo is cheap as well being http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E My Via Mobo cost ECS Via P M PRO-M http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E nbsp

A:New Intel Proc. or AMD Proc.?

Hmm, well, I'm not really a fan of PC Chips, especially their cheap boards like this. I wouldn't expect the best of performance if you're trying to upgrade to something hard core.

However, I'm not fan of a MicroATX ECS board either

Here's the deal, frankly I wouldn't upgrade anything right now. Upgrading your CPU may give you some benefit, maybe noticeable depending on your old one. But it'll be the last upgrade you do on that thing!

Since the ECS doesn't have PCI-E. You cannot just upgraded to a AM2 mobo and CPU. You'll have to get a new video card, and possibly RAM. Which is a bigger expense.

If you really really really have to get a few more flops from your rig, go ahead with the P4. But it would be wiser at this point to keep saving your money and wait until you can afford the new AM2 (or whatever is new at the time), CPU and video (and RAM?).
Take your $90, stick it in a drawer, add more every so often. That is my advice. You can take it, or take it vehemently!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-intel-proc-or-amd-proc.59039/
Relevancy 54.61%

after many trial and errors with the fans.. i finally figured out why my PC is still so loud.. well the NB chipset cooler on this motherboard (eVGA NF43) is very loud for a little tiny fan. so i decided to replace it with passive cooling.. such as the Zalman ZM-NB47J
http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.asp?idx=71&code=014

Question is.. i have a 6600GT right by the chipset cooler.. will the zalman fit in there? i kno it wont with the 7800GTs but im not sure how much longer ther PCB's are on those cards.. maybe someone can help me =]

A:eVGA 6600GT + eVGA NF43 + Zalman ZM-NB47J = happy? or not?

After looking at my 6600gt, the picture of the motherboad, and the picture of the cooler, I don't think it will work. You use the blue pci-e slot right?
I guess there are several options. If your chipset stays plenty cool you could try slowing the fan either using a software program, or by using a manual fan speed controller. Or I've seen people with the same heatsink and a similar board layout cut some of the spokes(or bend them), so that it wouldn't interfere with the card. There also might be replacments with a fan that is quieter available.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-6600gt-evga-nf43-zalman-zm-nb47j-happy-or-not.43205/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

I am looking at getting the asus a8n sli Premium motherboard & have a dual monitor setup. Would someone be able to confirm that it is possible to run two different graphics cards in the 2 slots, each driving it's own monitor (not using sli). I've had a look around the internet, but haven't been able to find an answer. Thanks for your help

Paul

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-monitors-on-sli-board.432195/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

I've got an AMD 3000+ on an Asus A8-NE mobo.

I'd like to upgrade to a dual core, maybe 3600+ or 3800+.

But my problem is that I can't find 939 versions of it on the market. You only get AM2 versions (I'm in India).

Any ideas how I could get my hands on them?

Regards,

Robin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amd-dual-core-for-old-939-board.585453/
Relevancy 52.89%

I am currently using a gigabyte board. The board works OK I guess but there are a few things I don't like about it. Does anyone know of a better board? I heard the via chipset was not the best-intel is better. Am I right? It must support the p3 1400 mhz 512 cache cpu's.
ps no offense meant but I am not interested in well intentioned advice about how I should just buy a new system p-4 etc. This is part of my collection in the P3 category.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-the-best-dual-pentium-3-board.326244/
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm looking to build a new system and I'm trying to keep in really compact, but I also want to rock dual monitors. Are there any onboard video chipsets on the market now that will support dual monitors?

Thanks!!

A:Dual monitors from on board chipset

Repent...., and Prepare For the Future.....

Not sure really, but depending on the level of graphics performance you are expecting any Nvidia x300, x400, or x500 would provide dual monitor capability at low cost, (50 bucks or so, if you catch a good sale), while leaving you with a much greater selection with respect to choice of motherboard/ chipset combinations. I believe that all Nvidia 8500GT/9500GT video cards have HDCP compatibility so that you could easily drive your high-def TV from them. Either of these cards could most likely be used with a good 350 watt PSU, so there's no need to overbuild/overspend at this level. Avoid the overclocked versions of these cards, they use a bit more power, and it makes more sense to jump to the 9600GT series instead of trying wring more performance out of the lower series of cards

If cost is a factor I suggest purchasing a mobo board with onboard graphics, then adding the video card later. Here again though, spring for the right PSU that will allow you to grow your system. You you don't want to have to buy the PSU twice, if you change your mind about the level of upgrade you'd like to make.

You could investigate this post at Tom's hardware; http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-780g-chipset,1785-5.html It seems to answer your original question.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-monitors-from-on-board-chipset.124022/
Relevancy 52.03%

say I have a server board with 8 slots for RAM. For fastest performance with 4G, I should use 4x 1G spread across 4 slots? Rather then 2 x 2G across 2 slots? Now, would the performance decrease if I went to 6G, since there is an uneven amount of channels in use? Would appreciate any insight and links regarding this. Thanks

A:Dual Channel RAM on Server board

I remeber this topic conimg up before, and I had a gave a fairly detailed reply. The long and short is that it wont make a lot of difference either way, the best thing to do is go with whichever is cheaper.
For the tech bit, the 1 gig sticks have a slightly faster responce, but usibg 4 sticks instead of 2 means the overall bandwidth is effectively a bit less than that if you use 2 sticks. In real terms, these differences are about the same, but both extremely small, so it doesnt matter that much. For 6 gig, I would say 6 1 gig sticks, as you could keeo the pairings and not lose any timing cycles. If you can go to 8 gig, 4x 2 gig sticks would probably be slightly better, butagain, in real terms the differences are so small, it would take a pretty good man to see any

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-channel-ram-on-server-board.746871/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all,

I have just installed a Gigiabyte 8SQ800 Motherboard - I have installed the ram chips in separate channels as specified but when booting up the PC says, beneath the memory check, Dual Channel: Single 128bit processing. Does this mean Dual channel RAM has been activated or not? There is nothing in the manual about determining this in the BIOS or in any other way.

Any comments greatly appreciated.

Dave Secker,

London, UK.

A:ANyone with gigabyte 8sq-800 or other dual channell board??

i dont *no* this - im guessing - but that doesnt sound right - have u had a look though the bios? no options? try installing the ram in different slots if u have more than 2 - other than that im stumped

Steg

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/anyone-with-gigabyte-8sq-800-or-other-dual-channell-board.5452/
Relevancy 51.6%

Wondering if anyone has tried a non-Nocona, E-ATX dual Xeon board in the HAF 932. I'm talking one of the newer Dual-Xeon boards. I know I lose the single-CPU ATX back opening, but I'm more concerned about if it actually handles a dual-Xeon E-ATX board.

Thanks for any help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooler-master-haf-932-e-atx-dual-xeon-board-anyone-tried-it.152497/
Relevancy 51.6%

Well I just found out that my MSI K8MM-V does not support two floppy drives. Can anyone recomend a socket 754 board that supports two floppy drives (A & B)? It also needs to have an AGP port and support PC 3200 Memory.

A:socket 754 board with dual floppy support.

I just want to let you know that through my searching and searing I was not able to some up with a board that supported 2 floppy drives. I did hear EpoX made a board, maybe, maybe not, but either way I could not find one.

Have you thought about using an external floppy that connects through a USB port?

Sean

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/socket-754-board-with-dual-floppy-support.63441/
Relevancy 51.6%

Ok, here's the deal:

I saw this board at Newegg, and was wondering if anyone else had had experience with it:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813157092

I can buy one of the newer dual-core procs and still use my ol ddr ram and agp? And it's under $60?!?!

This seems to good to be true - I seem to remember having an old motherboard with a VIA chipset that was atrocious.

Still, for the price, it seems like it could do the job..... Maybe get a pentium d 805 with a 20x multiplier and overclock a bit....

Let me know your thoughts...

Relevancy 51.6%

Can only one CPU be installed on a dual-CPU motherboard without compromising performance?

A:Single CPU on Dual board impedes performance??

Why do you want a dual CPU board in the first place o.O

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/277169-single-cpu-dual-board-impedes-performance.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm not a gamer so extreme performance isn't a thing I just gotta' have; but, this dual processor board has two processors already installed and a Gig of RAM and it's only $99. It's used; but, I've had mostly good luck with used stuff. It also has all cables, fans, software, etc.

I would be using it as a desktop workstation.

For $99, what's your opinion? Are there any "gotchas" here?

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=SE7501BR2-KIT-R&cat=MBB

There's also another different one here for only $60:
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=SE7501CW2-K3-R&cat=MBB

Relevancy 51.17%

I have an Inspiron 560, currently using the on-board graphics (Intel G45/G43).  I found an old Radeon PCI video card so I though i could install it and use a second monitor (this is just a business computer -- no gaming or anything).
When I installed the PCI card the system seemed to disable the on-board graphics and I can't find a way to have both on at the same time.
This old card may make my system run slower, I'm not sure, but I thought I'd give it a shot.  Any ideas on how I can have both on together?
FYI I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Thanks

A:Dual Monitors on Inspiron 560 with on-board graphics & PCI card?

Hi BulkHedd,Enabling both onboard video card and discrete video card is not available for this system. The on-board Intel video won't support two monitors with separate (different) screens because you have only one VGA output on the PC. Please let me know the exact video card you are using to assist you better.  

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19530004
Relevancy 49.88%

Okay, my board is as described. I have a black bank and a blue bank. I plan on upgrading to 8 gigs of RAM this spring. With my motherboard's setup, would I benefit more from 2 sticks of 4 gig RAM or 4 sticks of 2 gig RAM?

A link to my board:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...8&cm_re=M4A785TD-V_EVO-_-13-131-398-_-Product

A:Dual-channel capable board, with 4 DIMM slots in 2 different colors--questions

Link us to your motherboard's website. The manual should contain the correct memory configurations.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-channel-capable-board-with-4-dimm-slots-in-2-different-colors-questions.158183/
Relevancy 49.45%

I ordered a 7800GTX "KO" with EVGA ACS3 cooling (bigger cover for heatsink fan and card) I also will have it as well the cpu on liquid cooling I am hoping to get near 2.7-2.8 alot with same core doing 2.7 - 3.0 on 64x2 4800 and not going to oc the already higher 490/1300

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-7800gtx-ko-490-1300-evga-acs3-cooling.33336/
Relevancy 49.45%

hi im new here..i followed the instruction here..is this any good?

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.41
Database version: 2804
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

9/16/2009 2:33:38 AM
mbam-log-2009-09-16 (02-33-38).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 88041
Time elapsed: 7 minute(s), 14 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 2
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoFolderOptions (Hijack.FolderOptions) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHOWALL\CheckedValue (Hijack.System.Hidden) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
thanks

A:classified.exe

Update mbam and run a FULL scanPlease post the results-------------------------------ATFPlease download ATF Cleaner by Atribune & save it to your desktop.Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.If you use Opera browser click Opera at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".------------------------------------SAS, may take a long time to scanPlease download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program.Do not run a scan just yet.Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".Scan with SUPERAntiSpyware as follows:Launch the program and back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan and click "Next".After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.Click Close to exit the program.Note.. SAS doesn't open the registry hives for other user accounts on the system, so scans should be done from each user account.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/257804/classifiedexe/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I don t know if I started my thread right but I m just seeking help to get rid of this Classified exe worm in my pc I can t delete it and my antivirus wont work anymore Kaepersky it wont with My Infected Classified.exe Got PC a open I m stil running right not the MalwareBytes My PC Got Infected with a Classified.exe as what I have read from previous posts I just wanna make sure that based on my logs if my pc is somehow clean after the scan or did I start my malware virus detection right to use My PC Got Infected with a Classified.exe malware bytes first before anything else I just dont want to end up reformatting my pc right away because there s so many files that I need im running a homebased business i rely with my files very much Can someone help me with the step x step procedure on how to eliminate this I am a frontline tech support for internet connection but not for so deep things or TS like this I am sure that i can follow whatever steps it may take for this thing to get deleted completely in my system More Power to your site EDIT OS Windows XP SP AV Kaepersky AV Kaepersky Internet Security Tool Malwarebytes class-x vbsI am not sure also that aside from the Classified exe that I have in my PC if I have other unknown behaviors the only obvious thing that I can see in my system is the Classified exe folder that s multiplying when I Click on it I moved all of my installers to the desktop looks like that the only location that this thing cannot control One more thing I tried class-x vbs as suggested to try when i googled this issue and this tool says that my system is healthy when in fact Malwarebytes has detected objects detected Im at work right now and left the malwarebytes running at home doing its thorough scan and we ll see what will happen afterwards Hopefully it can remove everything thou when im reading some forums most of the people had this thing tried a lot of things before they arrived to its final resolution what else do I have to include here in my Help thread to gain assistance Hmm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/401980/my-pc-got-infected-with-a-classifiedexe/
Relevancy 48.59%

hello!

my XP desktop is infected with the classified.exe or daprosy virus. it creates folders in all locations and names it Classified. i also notice my folders becoming hidden one by one. taskmanager wont work anymore and the Anti-virus is disabled by the virus already. i tried mbam but it wont run anymore. please help! thanks!

A:classified.exe virus

Hello and welcome. Some types of malware will disable MBAM (MalwareBytes) and other security tools. If MBAM will not install, try renaming it.Before saving any of your security programs, rename them first. For example, before you save Malwarebytes', rename it to something like MBblah.exe and then click on Save and save it to your desktop. Same thing after you install it. Before running it, rename the main executable file first***Right-click on the mbam-setup.exe file and change the .exe extension to .bat, .com, .pif, or .scr and then double-click on it to run.If after installation, MBAM will not run, open the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder in Program Files, right-click on mbam.exe and change the .exe as noted above. Then double-click on it to run..MBAM (MalwareBytes):NOTE: Before saving MBAM please rename it to zztoy.exe....now save it to your desktop.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/252022/classifiedexe-virus/
Relevancy 48.59%

my XP desktop is infected with the classified.exe or daprosy virus. it creates folders in all locations and names it Classified. i also notice my folders becoming hidden one by one. taskmanager wont work anymore and the Anti-virus is disabled by the virus already. please help! thanks!

i did teh mbam but there is 1 virus that cant remove.. name system.exe ><

A:Classified.exe virus ><

Hello and welcome please run these next. If you have Spybot installed temporarily disable it.Next run ATF:Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune & save it to your desktop.Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.If you use Opera browser click Opera at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):NOTE: Before saving MBAM please rename it to zztoy.exe....now save it to your desktop.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/253511/classifiedexe-virus/
Relevancy 48.59%

boopme advise mo to move in this thread and post the logs of my pc got infected w this classified exe virus T TTopic referenced is here http www bleepingcomputer com forums t classifiedexe-virus OBwin kdiag logLog file is located at C Documents and Settings irvin Desktop Win kDiag txtWARNING Could not get backup privileges Searching 'C WINDOWS' Finished MBAM logMalwarebytes' Anti-Malware Database version Windows Service Pack PMmbam-log- - - - - txtScan type Full >< virus Classified.exe Scan C E F Objects scanned Time elapsed hour s minute s second s Memory Processes Infected Memory Modules Infected Registry Keys Infected Registry Values Infected Registry Data Items Infected Folders Infected Files Infected Memory Processes Infected C WINDOWS lsass exe Heuristics Reserved Word Exploit - Unloaded process successfully Memory Modules Infected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Infected No malicious items detected Registry Values Infected HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run LSAShell Worm Daprosy - Quarantined and deleted successfully Registry Data Items Infected No malicious items detected Folders Infected No malicious items detected Files Infected C WINDOWS system B C RegEx fnr Worm AutoRun - Quarantined and deleted successfully Classified.exe virus >< C WINDOWS system exe Worm Autorun - Delete on reboot C autorun inf Worm Daprosy - Quarantined and deleted successfully C Classified.exe virus >< Read st exe Worm Daprosy - Quarantined and deleted successfully C WINDOWS Classified exe Worm Daprosy - Quarantined and deleted successfully C Documents and Settings All Users Documents Classified exe Worm Daprosy - Quarantined and deleted successfully C Documents and Settings irvin My Documents Classified exe Worm Daprosy - Quarantined and deleted successfully C WINDOWS lsass exe Worm Daprosy - Quarantined and Classified.exe virus >< deleted successfully Rootrepeal LogROOTREPEAL AD - Scan Start Time Program Version Version Windows Version Windows XP SP Drivers-------------------Name dump atapi sysImage Path C WINDOWS System Drivers dump atapi sysAddress xAD Size File Visible No Signed -Status -Name dump WMILIB SYSImage Path C WINDOWS System Drivers dump WMILIB SYSAddress xF D Size File Visible No Signed -Status -Name PCI PNP Image Path Driver PCI PNP Address x Size File Visible No Signed -Status -Name rootrepeal sysImage Path C WINDOWS system drivers rootrepeal sysAddress xAA E Size File Visible No Signed -Status -Name sptdImage Path Driver sptdAddress x Size File Visible No Signed -Status -Name spye sysImage Path spye sysAddress xF Size File Visible No Signed -Status -Hidden Locked Files-------------------Path C System Volume Information restore E DBDE-D - - - D B B RP A exeStatus Visible to the Windows API but not on disk Path C System Volume Information restore E DBDE-D - - - D B B RP A exeStatus Visible to the Windows API but not on disk Path C Documents and Settings irvin Desktop rnb Wisin Yandel Ft Aventura Akon - All Up To You Mastered mp Status Locked to the Windows API Path C Documents and Settings irvin Desktop rnb XV Feat Cassie - Addicted Prod Kingzmen Productions iM mp Zone IdentifierStatus Invisible to the Windows API Path c documents and settings irvin local settings temp fla tmpStatus Size mismatch API Raw Path C Documents and Settings irvin My Documents LimeWire Saved Flo Rida VS Lady GaGa Right Face - Poker Round Frosty Remi mp Status Locked to the Windows API Path C Documents and Settings irvin My Documents LimeWire Saved Ne-Yo - Miss Independent Remix ft Lil Wayne Jay-Z amp Kan mp Status Locked to the Windows API Path C Documents and Settings irvin My Documents LimeWire Saved Ludacris feat Chris Brown amp Sean Garrett - What Them Girls mp Status Locked to the Windows API Path C Documents and Settings irvin My Documents LimeWire Saved Trick Daddy Lil Jon - Lets Go Crazy Train Remix - clean ra mp Status Locked to the Windows API Path C Documents and Settin... Read more

A:Classified.exe virus ><

there is another problem now in my pc.... when i connect my internet.. after 30secs or less system shutdown pops up and my pc goes off T_T right now im currently using in a comp shop near my house to post updates here... and i scan my superanti spyware another virus comes up named trojan variant-XXZ T_T

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/254653/classifiedexe-virus/
Relevancy 48.16%

I'm looking for a program that would help me organise my newspaper's classified ads. I thought of using MS Access 2003 but I don't think that will help me much.

This "database" will include payment methods, VAT, customer name, etc.

I need to keep track of them especially when a customer returns after 2 years. Then I must be able to find his old ad. Is there any program for my case?

Relevancy 48.16%

As abv the classified advertisements in all sections stuck on the date 05/12/05. Anyone knows what happen?

A:Yahoo classified ads not updated

Hi Onsen

I sorted them by date and the first three sections had todays date 05/23/2005. Looked OK.

Did you try sorting by date or refreshing your page?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/yahoo-classified-ads-not-updated.364720/
Relevancy 48.16%

Quote:
Peter "Shamino" Tan met up with Vince "k|ngp|n" Lucido in Detroit for some extreme benchmarks, here are the fruits of their labor, new world records for all levels of 3DMark Vantage!

This world record was obtained with 4 x EVGA GTX 480s in 4-way SLI + EVGA Classified SR-2 motherboard on Liquid Nitrogen!

k|ngp|n and Shamino break new 3DMark World Records! GTX 480 4-way + Classified SR-2

Scroll down for more pics.

A:Classified SR-2 : World Records!

That's some extreme cooling.

They need to close circuit the N2 with a cryogenic boost pump and a lot of heat pipes, it'll stay cooler. Won't heat up due to ambient temps, causing the phase change.
Might freeze the CPU though

Now that would be an expensive cooling unit

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/81972-classified-sr-2-world-records.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I recently had a lot of issues with my system another thread that was finally resolved and it turned out to be a bad motherboard I got an RMA replacement from ASUS and the system was working great I did a fresh install of the OS and all drivers etc This week I got GTX- Classified GPUs and installed them in my system in Tri-SLI I am running the Beta drivers from NVIDIA I started Max Payne and within a couple of minutes I got a black screen BSOD with BCC of x e This was with a very slight OC of the GPU of offset After a reboot I reset everything to stock no OC and started Max Payne and again within a couple of minutes I got a RED SCREEN OF DEATH RSOD This time the BCC was x These cards are brand new and I can't believe they are giving me issues already I played Max Payne no GPU OC last night for a couple of hours without a single hitch I've attached the dump files here so please look at them and Classified with Tri-SLI - PLEASE GTX-680 HELP! RSOD/BSOD let me know what they say

A:RSOD/BSOD with GTX-680 Classified Tri-SLI - PLEASE HELP!

Put the latest non-beta drivers on and see if the problem persists.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/241520-rsod-bsod-gtx-680-classified-tri-sli-please-help.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Computer consultant hacked into FBI's classified systemBy Eric M. WeissWashington PostWASHINGTON ? A government consultant, using computer programs easily found on the Internet, managed to crack the FBI's classified computer system and gain the passwords of 38,000 employees, including that of FBI Director Robert Mueller.The break-ins, which occurred four times in 2004, gave the consultant access to records in the Witness Protection program and details on counter-espionage activity, according to documents filed in U.S. District Court in Washington. As a direct result, the bureau said it was forced to temporarily shut down its network and commit thousands of man-hours and millions of dollars to ensure no sensitive information was lost or misused. http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nati...7651_fbi06.html

A:Computer Consultant Hacked Into Fbi's Classified System

Hmmmm..........so whats next!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/57796/computer-consultant-hacked-into-fbis-classified-system/
Relevancy 47.3%

One of my friends has been exposed to a seemingly severe virus/hack attack on his new netbook (Samsung NC20).

I know the following:
It operates on Windows xp
He has currently no antivirus programs installed.
When he starts Windows in Error-free mode, he is offered to offered to restore windows to an earlier state, but when accepting this, the program crashes and a pop-up says that the file is infected.

On the desktop,I found this file (which I find suspicious):
Advanced Virus Remover (I think it's an .exe)

The firewall is enabled

yesterday he downloaded a program called:
Veoh player
(which I haven't heard of before)
It has no disc drive and he has no boot disc.

What do we do?

Regards - cookienoob

A:Netbook has VIRUS. Please help - (classified by Windows xp as a worm)

Bump.

Launching Windows normally makes all browsers crash, but perhaps he can access the internet in error-free mode.

Are there any free online virus-scanners out there?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/netbook-has-virus-please-help-classified-by-windows-xp-as-a-worm-439362.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Dear Forum,

I have a Generic Flash External Disk Drive that I am having trouble formatting.

It has data that used to be on it before I changed the Storage Policies on the Control Set in the Registry Editor after reading on how to do it on the Microsoft Knowledge Base Formatting disks and drives: frequently asked questions

I have copied and pasted the data that was originally on the disk - I just want to know if there is a way of making the Generic External Disk Drive usable again.

I am unsure of the different names to change it to and just wish to utilise it again.

I tried to change the Format via this link How to Format FAT32: 7 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow - It came up that I had bad sectors.

Can someone please assist?

A:My External Hard Drive is now classified as RAW - can you format it

This is what I did in Registry Editor - I had to create the the StorageDevicePolicies folder.

Open Registry Editor.
In Registry Editor, navigate to the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies
Note: This key might not exist. In that case simply create it as a new key under the parent key.
Create the following value (DWORD):
WriteProtect
and give it a value of 1.
Note: As always, before making changes to your registry you should always make sure you have a valid backup. In cases where you're supposed to delete or modify keys or values from the registry it is possible to first export that key or value(s) to a .REG file before performing the changes.
Close Registry Editor.
Done!
Try to write something to any USB Disk and you'll get the following error:

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/313748-my-external-hard-drive-now-classified-raw-can-you-format.html
Relevancy 47.3%

This application, known as Dell System Detect, is pre-installed with many Dell systems. According to research done by Tom Forbes, older versions of Dell System Detect are vulnerable to a serious remote code execution attack.
What this basically means is that anyone with a vulnerable version of the tool (which maintains persistence on the system and therefore is always running) might be directed by an attacker to a specific website designed to exploit the flaw in the program and execute any commands the attacker wishes.
This could potentially lead to malware being installed without user awareness, stolen credentials, damaged system configuration and more.
Thankfully Dell has since modified this tool based on the research and it is no longer vulnerable, so it?s in the best interest for everyone to update this tool if they are running a computer designed by Dell.

Source Malwarebytes Unpacked

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/64071-dell-system-detect-vulnerability-now-classified-pup.html
Relevancy 46.01%

In Windows Live Mail (Win7) I keep getting email in my junk email folder that I have added to the blocked senders tab in Safety Options under Junk Mail. I have added both the domain name and the actual email address.

I googled this problem and the only solution was to go into Control Panel>Programs>Programs and Features>Windows Live Essentials 2011 and do a repair. I have tried this twice and it does not work.

Does anyone know of anything that will work?

A:Windows Live Mail Does Not Block Email Classified As Junk

That's the way it works--Blocked senders will always be put into the Junk folder.
You can set an option to automatically delete Junk messages but you then rely on the junk rules to make a valid decision on incoming messages. It could delete messages deemed as junk simply because of content or frequency from a friend or other valid senders. You can limit this by settings in the Safe Sender table.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/191059-windows-live-mail-does-not-block-email-classified-junk.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello and thanks in advance,new computer and now can't upload pics to my ad on Kijiji for some reason???JPG,, PDF, etc.Same photos i used previously won't now upload??? Windows 10

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/cant-upload-pics-to-canada-kijiji-online-classified-service/753.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a problem and I think it s memory related I read the post about quot Dual-Channel Memory in Single-Channel Motherboard quot But it didn t help plus it was memory channel Dual board? single in Channel from Here s my computer it s old I know I don t have the money to upgrade all of it - Intel Pentium D GHz - EVGA GeForce GS MB GDDR PCI Express - Intel D GGCL ATI Socket Dual Channel memory in single channel board? MicroATX Motherboard - GB x MB PC DDR MHz CL Memory - Ultra -Watt power supply - Windows XP bit I recently bought a memory upgrade GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit My computer worked fine minus the small memory amount before I installed the new memory After I installed the new RAM my computer posted got to the windows splash screen got to the log in screen let me log in then loaded the OS While loading the OS and launching other start-up programs my computer froze I restarted many times and it fixed it It never got past a few seconds after loading the OS and a few programs I reinstalled my old memory and it worked fine again without a hitch What is the problem Is it the fact that the new memory is dual channel and the motherboard is single channel I re-read the specs of my mobo and it said that dual channel is optional However when I go to the BOIS menu F on startup it says quot single channel mode quot whith the new dual channel kit is in Is there something in the BIOS I should change Something to download Please Help Thanks in advance - Veng nbsp

A:Dual Channel memory in single channel board?

Well, I can say I solved my own problem.

After I spent the last 4 hours trying to find the problem. I ran a bunch of mem tests, cleaned the mem slots, etc... It turns out it wasn't a hardware issue at all. I was wiggling my mouse on start up and noted the time it froze... and every time it froze an application was launching in the system tray.

Turns out it was Norton F'ing Anti Virus....

The second it launched the computer froze. So I booted in safe mode and disabled the start up and all other functions of Norton. Rebooted in normal mode, and sure enough, it worked! Without a hitch!

Now here comes the Beach of it. Since I couldn't uninstall Norton because I disabled it (i.e. nothing would run because all the extensions, shells and services for it were dead), I rebooted in safe mode to uninstall, BUT Norton doesn't work in safe mode... WHAT!? The damn program specifically states in a condescending dialog box that you "must reboot in normal mode to access Norton... blah blah blah"

What kind of Virus program doesn't let you access it in safe mode? Isn't that the point, to run a virus scan in safe mode? Piece of crap! But anyways, I digress.

So now I finagled a way to run in normal mode without Norton launching to uninstall it. Uninstalling as we speak, actually.

*SO*

To answer my own question:
Yes, dual channel kits work in single channel boards (Just make sure you uninstall Norton before you put the new RAM in, haha).
- Veng

p.s. After this... I'm switching to McAfee or some sh*t.... Christ. YOU HEAR ME NORTON!? GO SUCK A FAT HAIRY LOBSTER C*CK!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-channel-memory-in-single-channel-board.141757/
Relevancy 44.29%

I am trying to reinstall HP 6200 and it tells me to find DOC PROC I have tried all the installation disc and it does not find that. What is my next step

A:doc proc

Uninstall the HP digital imaging before you try and reinstall the 6200. IMHO if the 6200 is the only HP device you connect to the machine you may want to remove all HP items from Add/Remove programs before performing the "reinstall".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/doc-proc.806253/
Relevancy 43.86%

amd xp (Long get issue?)....before Thread) call new I a fix ideas(power/board for Last board palomino on a ga- vt winxp sp i upgraded video ram in my computer and now i can t even get the old what was replaced stuff to work here s a few things to list install new vid card update drivers settings reboot no picture to monitor unistall reinstall card boot and monitor has picture install another gig of ram boot no picture take new ram out boot no picture take new card out put new card in boot no picture take new card out Last call for fix ideas(power/board issue?)....before I get a new board (Long Thread) put old card in boot no Last call for fix ideas(power/board issue?)....before I get a new board (Long Thread) picture take all memory out try known good stick in all slots boot and no picture put all back in boot no picture turn power on and watch the led fans run on my lb paper weight it s a never ending combination that i ve tried here and i cannot get a picture on this monitor i ve swapped monitors around and all are good i ve put components from this computer into another computer and they all worked something is not letting this thing boot up i get no picture to the screen and no beeps sounds or anything else i turn the computer on and you hear the fans hard drives and burners powering up and everything but there is no picture going to the monitor it sounded like bad memory because i ran into a case of that before but all the components still work when placed into the other computer my last guess is the board has gone sour i was reading other posts and people have mentioned the power supply but where do i check that at it s a codegen w ps came with the case which was also made by gigabyte i m assuming since it is stamped all over the place if i can t find help with that problem then how about some suggestions for a new board since my options have opened up some because i ve been told my pc sticks will work on board that are rated below that they just have to be able to take gb per slot here s the components - amd xp palomino socket a - maxtor gb hd - maxtor gb hd - x dl dvd r rw drive - x x cd r rw drive - floppy drive - mb ddr pci nvidia geforce mx - mb savageIII agp will probably be placed in storage - gb pc mhz ddr sdram - mb pc mhz ddr sdram i m leaning toward an asus board but the abit s are cheaper and i won t be asking a lot out of the computer except reliabilty sorry for the long thread but i can t think of anything else that would be wrong except board or power supply tia for your help - tag nbsp

A:Last call for fix ideas(power/board issue?)....before I get a new board (Long Thread)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/last-call-for-fix-ideas-power-board-issue-before-i-get-a-new-board-long-thread.423093/
Relevancy 43.43%

I scanned with roguekiller and detected process hidden with ID 1328 and 3092 but i think it changes from time to time and now i dont know how to fix/delete this. Any suggestions?

A:Proc. Hidden

Please follow the instructions in This Preparation Guide starting at Step 6.Once the requested logs are created, then make a New Topic and post it to the =>> Malware Removal Experts Area <== Not back here.Please fully Copy and Paste any logs created, (do not attach them unless requested) and include a brief description of your problem and what you have done to try to resolve them.Please note that the area can get a bit busy, so you may need to wait a day or more for a reply.NOTE - If you cannot produce any of the logs, then please create the new topic anyway. Do not run more tools unless the experts request them. Quite often more damage is caused by running tools when you are not 100% sure of the results. Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551454/proc-hidden/
Relevancy 43.43%

OK i have an Asus P5K-E Deluxe edition with WiFi app and looking to upgrade my proc. I know that it has a P35 chipset but i don't know what procs will and won't work.in it (obviously not an i7) I'm looking at an Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 or E7400 or newer if i can.

A:Asus P5K-E and a need a proc

Your mobo supports the entire Core 2 Duo\Quad range, including the 45nm CPUs. You may want to update your BIOS to the latest version, to make sure the new chip is supported.

Personally, I would just buy the chip and pop it in. If the PC does not boot with it, or it is not recognized in the BIOS, put the old one in, update the BIOS, and put the new one in again. It would save you the trouble of updating your BIOS if your current one can support the chip just fine.

Just FYI, you can view the CPU support list for your motherboard here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5k-e-and-a-need-a-proc.121336/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi I would like to know what kind of upgrading proc procs I can upgrade to upgrading proc I downloaded that WCPUID program to find out what board I m running these are the results quot WCPUID Version d c - By H Oda --- Chipset Information Host Bridg Intel BX ZX DX ISA Bridg Intel AB EB MB PIIX IDE Controller Intel AB EB MB PIIX VGA Device DE A NVIDIA GeForce GTS Pro AGP Revision Enabled Status Command Data Rate x x x Side Band Addr Supported Disabled Aperture Size MB --------------------------------------------------------------- A A A A A A A A F A A AA AB AC AD AE AF B B B B B B B B B B E BA CB BB BC BD BE BF --- Date Time quot Here is some more info on my pos system IBM aptiva - U model Any help on what intel procs I can upgrade to would be great oh yea I believe its a slot SC Connecter Thnx nbsp

A:upgrading proc

This is real nice of ibm

Aptiva - Official processor upgrade statement
Applicable countries/regions
Worldwide
Service hints & tips
IBM does not provide technical support for any processor other than the one shipped with your system. The user is responsible for any third-party processors installed by the user. The warranty does not cover the repair or exchange of a Machine resulting from failure or damage caused by a product for which IBM is not responsible. The warranty does not cover the repair or exchange of a Machine resulting from failure or damage caused by modification of processor speed settings.

that's what I got when I tried to look up info on your model number

Processor support will be determined by motherboard and bios.
Do you know the motherboard make and model number

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-proc.62906/
Relevancy 43.43%

OK, this one I've never seen. Generally, the machine seems to run fine. Everything seems normal, except Task Manager reports utilization at a consistent 70+%, even though its reporting System Idle Process to be consuming 90+%. I've shut down everything in the task tray, including Norton. Stopped any procs I could easily identify as safe. Outside of Idle Proc, nothing is consuming more than 2% CPU, and then its no more than one or two procs at any one time. Anyone ever seen this?!

MoBo: Asus A8V with Athlon X2 2800+
2 GB Crucial Ballistix DDR400 RAM (recent upgrade)
Win XP Media Centre 2005, with all published fixes

Help!

Relevancy 43.43%

everytime i am on the internet i get an error continuously saying meal proc.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. Can someone please help?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/meal-proc-exe-66467.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I am getting a new HS/F for My Barton Proc and I wanted to get a better one for my dad's older Athlon XP TB 1700+, but I thought that I could use the one that came with My Barton, as it is larger and has a bigger fan. Will that work?

A:Will this HS/F work with My Proc?

HS/F from Barton to an XP1700 = Yes

HS/F from Xp1700 to a Barton = NO

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-this-hs-f-work-with-my-proc.210315/
Relevancy 43.43%

I am lookin at an Intel P4 3.2E prescott CPU. I am wondering what a comparable AMD Proc would be. I want to see the difference in price and also motherboards. Thanks

Relevancy 43.43%

Right
i was testing a 1.7 ghz willamette for a freind and when i put my 1.6 ghz northwood back in i forgot to reconect the cpu fan lead.
i turned it on and the intel active moniter warned me that a fan had stopped but i thought this was my side fan as i had no got it connected.i went off and left it for 15 mins and whn i came back there was a bad smell.i turned it off and let it cool.it still works but it has overclocked its self to 1.8 ghz
i know that it got fairly hot as my artic silver thermal compound was al over my mobo.have i actually damadged my proc and what else have i proberly dammadged
thanks

A:Overheated proc

I would try the processor on another board. This will be the only way you will be able to tell if the processor is damaged. If the processor reports its correct speed in another board, then the original board is damaged.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overheated-proc.678996/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone will be able to help me.  I have an HP Pavilion 23 TouchSmart computer. As of last night my computer screen would flash on and off at the log in screen. I was not able to log on to the computer. I was finally able to restore to an earlier date, and now the computer is working. I ran a few malware scans and RogueKiller ended a process called Proc.Hidden. The PID was 4384...... not sure what all this means. After researching on Google, it says this is a High level Trojan Horse risk. So I stopped what I was doing and decided to come to Bleeping Computer and let an expert tell me what I need to do so I don't mess anything up on the computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if you need any more information.

Thank You,
Mike

A:Proc.Hidden

RogueKiller is not allowed in this forum but we can run some other scans to see what's going on...  Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting prompt.MBAR will start. Click "Next" to continue.Clic... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544746/prochidden/
Relevancy 43.43%

Way back in -Jun- PM adam posted how he fixed that DB Notify Wnd thing that interfered with Outlook Express In that same thread were problems with OE not responding because it was still running though the task manager didn t show it Two solutions were posed one was to find CA firewall and clear cache I have CA I don t know where to find the firewall - I think I have opened all boxes but cannot find it to clear the cache the second was DB Notify Wnd Proc... to disable the RSS feed I don t have an RSS feed enabled wouldn t know it if I fell over it Would someone be kind enough to tell me step by step where to go when I open up my CA security centre Right now I just don t close OE else I have DB Notify Wnd Proc... to reboot in order to get it going again Many thanks Maybe if this can be fixed all my mail will come in some is just not showing up at all not going into CA anti-spam not going into Spam on my server s mail which is where my outlook also goes nbsp

Relevancy 43%

I have a dell dimension 4700 3gig dual core 1 gig of ram onboard sound,video,and internet card. My printer is an HP photosmart 4180 all in one. I got spyware or a virus a few weeks ago which my virus software got rid of, but now I get a doc proc error when I try to scan a document,which I know is usually caused by a virus or spyware. I could use a system restore or a full re-format which I do not want to do. The printer was given to me, but did not have the original software, which I had to download from the internet.

Is there any other to fix the doc proc error without a system restore or full format. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

kcbc

A:Doc proc error on printer

Go to Start/Run and type appwiz.cpl and press enter. In the Add Remove Programs, uninstall any HP Printer and Scanner Software, Unplug the USB cable from the computer. Restart the computer. Go to the HP drivers site Software & driver downloads HP Photosmart C4180 All-in-One Printer | HP? Support Install the latest driver and software. During the install it will tell you when to plug in the USB Cable

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/doc-proc-error-on-printer-826738.html
Relevancy 43%

I get the message quot program not responding quot when I shut down my machine The program DB Wnd Proc Notify Direct being Direct DB Notify Wnd Proc Direct DB Notify Wnd Proc I am running Windows XP Pro I know this is not an unique problem as searches show requests for help but no answers are given Is anybody familiar with this one HiJack log below Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services Direct DB Notify Wnd Proc exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA BILLPS WINPAT WinPatrol exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files ActiveProtection APClt exe C Program Files HDD Thermometer HDD Thermometer exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files FolderShare FolderShare exe C Program Files RSS Popper OE RSSPopperOE exe C Program Files FreeMeter FreeMeter exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exe C WINDOWS ProPatches APSvc exe C Program Files Alwil Software Direct DB Notify Wnd Proc Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Shavlik Technologies NetChk HfNetChkProService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS ProPatches Scheduler stSchedEx exe C WINDOWS system tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe F Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C Hi Jack This HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Derek O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - BHO bho gr Class - FF D- A - A-A EF- BA A E - C Program Files DownShift xx gr dll O - BHO McAfee Anti-Phishing Filter - D ED - CFF- - A - EBB AF - C Program Files McAfee Anti-Phishing Filter McAfeeAntiPhishingBHO dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - B - E - - ED - BC CE CCD - mscoree dll file missing O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor - BF - F - - - FE E AA - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dll O - HKLM Run WinPatrol quot C PROGRA BILLPS WINPAT WinPatrol exe quot O - HKLM Run avast C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run UnlockerAssistant quot C Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run ActiveProtection C Program Files ActiveProtection APClt exe O - HKLM Run Easy-PrintToolBox C Program Files Canon Easy-PrintToolBox BJPSMAIN EXE logon O - HKCU Run RSD HDDThermo C Program Files HDD Thermometer HDD Thermometer exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run FolderShare quot C Program Files FolderShare FolderShare exe quot background O - HKCU Run RSSPopper for OE quot C Program Files RSS Popper OE RSSPopper... Read more

Relevancy 43%

Hi guys I just installed a new ABIT KD A mobo Althlon XP proc and mb pin ddr PC ram into a gateway chassis of mine I m having a bit of trouble connecting the front panel switches as when I press the power button nothing happens I took off my front panel cover and I can see I have cables running from my power button coloured blue and white I have cables running from the LED coloured orange green and black They are arranged in the connector in the following order Gr Or Wh - - - X - - - Blu - - - Bla - - Empty X Blocked off The mobo has the following pins - - - - - - - - No Pin no proc new post - mobo & Connects to the HDD LED new mobo & proc - no post cable of chassis front panel Connects to the reset switch cable of chassis front panel Connects to the system speaker cable of chassis Connects to the suspend LED cable if there is one of chassis front panel Connects to the power switch cable of the chassis front panel Connects to the power LED cable of chassis front panel Could anyone help me out please I m at a loss here Any help or assistance is much appreciated Thanks Phil nbsp

A:new mobo & proc - no post

From the sounds of this, the blue-white are your power wires. Connect them to the # 6-8 pins. Don't connect any others and see what happens. You could also try jumping pins 6-8 with a flat blade screwdriver and see if you turn on. I would seriously consider a newer case with all the correct connectors.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-mobo-proc-no-post.278527/
Relevancy 43%

I've recently purchased a Shuttle SN41G2 and have an AMD Athlon XP 2500+ for it. Does anyone know if I should use the AMD heatsink, or is the I.C.E. Technology CPU heatsink a good/better choice? I guess I'm very nervous about frying the CPU. Specific personal experience with AMD chips and Shuttle boxes is preferred. Let me know either way if you know personally that I'll be alright or otherwise.
Sorry if I seem too anxious, but I'm a perfectionist as I'm sure many others in this forum can relate.

Thanks in advance!

Ringer

A:Shuttle XPC Cooling (AMD proc.)

When I worked for CompUSA we had quite a few problems keeping shuttle boxes cool with AMD processors. My store eventually quit doing it and did P4 prebuilds only in the shuttle cases.

I personally would suggest the absolute best heatsink you can make fit in the box because you just can't have too much cooling when it comes to Athlons.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shuttle-xpc-cooling-amd-proc.210548/
Relevancy 43%

I am looking into buiding a new computer of course I am gaming with it so I may have a few posts on these boards I m sure that this topic has been talked to death Building a chosing help proc, Please PC, NeeD so sorry if its a dead horse but i have to know if i am ever going to start buying parts I want to get the motherboard first but i need to know what proc to stick in it Mostly anyone who I see talk to who knows anything about computers or builds Building a PC, NeeD help chosing proc, Please thier own PC uses AMD procs So checking out the specs on them I saw Building a PC, NeeD help chosing proc, Please that they are seemingly inconsistant with the performance reported by people who use them So I figure that I must be and I am uninformed on this topic so before i go out and buy an AMD anyway I had better figure out what is so good about them or if i should just go Intel This is what i am wondering over Intel Pentium Processor Clock Speed GHz Cache Size KB Processor Interface Socket Bus Speed MHz AMD Athlon Processor Speed GHz XP Cache Size KB Processor Socket Socket A Bus Speed MHz Well there s the price first of all I thought these were supposed to be cheaper The value per dollor isnt there for AMD just by the numbers alone I m still waitng on the rest of the story from you guys These prices were obtained from Tigerdirect com It gt looks lt like the Intels perform faster from the specs I mean isnt having an FSB better than having Is the FSB not how fast data can be extanged between the proc and everything else Come to think of it i guess i should claim ignorance and ask What the heck is an FSB Also it looks like the Intels run at a higher GHZ than the AMDs I understand this is cyles per second Could anyone elaborate on this a litte Like i said the Intels look like they run faster With all due respect please don t talk to me about overclocking I am not looking into doing that at this time i would rather get something great out of the box than get something good out of the box that i can force into being something great Thanks Xenix nbsp

A:Building a PC, NeeD help chosing proc, Please

FSB= Front Side Bus. it is how much data can travel to your processor. and helps determine CPU speed settings, along with
voltage and clockspeed settings.

intel CPU's have higher clock speeds but an AMD Athlon xp 2.2 Ghz 3200+ performs as good as an Intel P4 3.2 Ghz

That AMD processor is very pricey. an Athlon XP 2.1 GHz 3000+ 400fsb is about $100 cheaper and just as good as the 3200+.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-pc-need-help-chosing-proc-please.8533/
Relevancy 43%

I am swappin ouy my Athlon64 3800+ for an AMD 64 X2 4400+. I am wondering what is the process for the install. Do I: uninstall old drivers, remove old proc, then install new proc then Drivers?? Or is there a better way??
My Mobo is the ASROCK DUAL- SATA2.
Thank you in advance!!!
Sorry if my post has no personality, I just got home from climbing MT. Whitney (so im brain dead at the moment) and found my new hardware sitting on my desk. Im hoping to get the install underway in the morning.

A:Installing new proc, have a few questions.

If you are replacing the processor and nothing else, you just replace it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-new-proc-have-a-few-questions.594345/
Relevancy 43%

Using Windows 10

My friend received a link from Skype messaging  that appeared to come from me, although I didn't send anything. Seems to be part of a scam going on recently.

I also received the same link from 3 of my Skype contacts.....   ( messages contained a URL to Baidu with  Skype username at the end )

I performed a scan with Rogue Killer and and came up with 8 Proc.Innjected process detections, some referencing skype.  I killed off those proc.injected processes.

I proceeded to run Rogue killer again and it detected 3 more proc.injected processes. I killed those of but after another scan of Rogue killer they show up again.

Would appreciate any advice.  Thanks!

Proc.Innjected    [5660] svchost.exe, C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe

Proc.Innjected    [6708] explorer.exe, C:\Windows\explorer.exe

Proc.Innjected    [7188] firefox.exe, C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

A:Proc.injected detection

just a quick update I wasn't able to kill the Proc.Innjected process:   [5660] svchost.exe, C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
report from Rogue killer "not killed"

RogueKiller V12.8.0.0 (x64) [Nov  7 2016] (Free) by Adlice Software
mail : http://www.adlice.com/contact/
Blog : http://www.adlice.com
Operating System : Windows 10 (10.0.14393) 64 bits version
Started in : Normal mode
User : Client [Administrator]
Started from : C:\Program Files\RogueKiller\RogueKiller64.exe
Mode : Delete -- Date : 11/07/2016 11:24:33 (Duration : 00:25:01)
¤¤¤ Processes : 3 ¤¤¤
[Proc.Injected] svchost.exe(5660) -- C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe[7] -> [NoKill]
[Proc.Injected] explorer.exe(6708) -- C:\Windows\explorer.exe[7] -> Killed [TermProc]
[Proc.Injected] firefox.exe(7188) -- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe[7] -> Killed [TermProc]
¤¤¤ Registry : 2 ¤¤¤
[PUM.Dns] (X64) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\ControlSet001\Services\Tcpip\Parameters | DhcpNameServer : 135.19.0.18 70.80.0.66 24.200.0.1 ([Canada][Canada][-])  -> Not selected
[PUM.Dns] (X64) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\ControlSet001\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{f5360646-7351-40e3-9350-ddd70472812e} | DhcpNameServer : 135.19.0.18 70.80.0.66 24.200.0.1 ([Canada][Canada][-])  -> Not selected
¤¤¤ Tasks : 0 ¤¤¤
¤¤¤ Files : 0 ¤¤¤
¤¤¤ WMI : 0 ¤¤¤
¤¤¤ Hosts File : 0 ¤¤¤
¤¤¤ Antirootkit : 0 (Driver: Loaded) ¤¤¤
¤¤¤ Web browsers : 0 ¤¤¤
¤¤¤ MBR Check : ¤¤¤
+++++ PhysicalDrive0: WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A SCSI Disk Device +++++
--- User ---
[MBR] aa4fbfb426fcf5267b120e2e5d8e11d8
[BSP] 143fdc32b0aa50c7e931aecb7d91ff29 : Unknown MBR Code
Partition table:
0 - [ACTIVE] NTFS (0x7) [VISIBLE] Offset (sectors): 2048 | Size: 927815 MB [Windows Vista/7/8 Bootstrap | Windows Vista/7/8 Bootloader]
1 - [XXXXXX] ACER (0x27) [VISIBLE] Offset (sectors): 1900167168 | Size: 450 MB
2 - [XXXXXX] FAT32-LBA (0x1c) [HIDDEN!] Offset (sectors): 1901090816 | Size: 25599 MB
User = LL1 ... OK
User = LL2 ... OK
+++++ PhysicalDrive1: WDC WD3202ABYS-01B7A0 +++++
--- User ---
[MBR] 96c730a9420de6f531c48a026eb3890c
[BSP] 6a4cdbb4432ea14b8cbaef9136369d0b : Windows XP MBR Code
Partition table:
0 - [ACTIVE] NTFS (0x7) [VISIBLE] Offset (sectors): 63 | Size: 304207 MB [Windows XP Bootstrap | Windows XP Bootloader]
User = LL1 ... OK
User = LL2 ... OK
+++++ PhysicalDrive2: WD 2500BEA External USB Device +++++
--- User ---
[MBR] 27046bfed13eaece99dd9ad462b0a665
[BSP] d0ec2211ba2260ee6d54a28c5292c11f : Windows XP MBR Code
Partition table:
0 - [XXXXXX] FAT32-LBA (0xc) [VISIBLE] Offset (sectors): 63 | Size: 238472 MB
User = LL1 ... OK
Error reading LL2 MBR! ([32] The request is not supported. )

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/631611/procinjected-detection/
Relevancy 43%

http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley/5883/result/32c/id-5125.gif

That picture shows a alledged 5.1 ghz processor. I dont find this to be true from my current knowlage of processors. Please enlighten me if im wrong.

Relevancy 43%

I repeatedly get a "proc: click" message when searching google with firefox 4.01 new update.

not sure what it means or how to stop it...is it a virus?

please help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/394713/proc-click-message/
Relevancy 43%

Hey there I recently purchased and OEM of win -bit and ran it for about a week Worked good liked it alot Well Yesterday I upgraded to a quad core and now i get this error message windows failed 64 Proc, Windows bit work now 7 won't New to start a recent hardware or software change might be the cause to fix the problem insert your windows installation disc and restart choose your language settings click repair your comp status xc info and New Proc, now Windows 7 64 bit won't work unexpected error has occurred the bootup session goes like this BIOS Boot From CD DVD press any key to boot from CD Windows setup Progress bar error message first thing i tried was put the old proc back in no luck Next i tried Win XP bit and that was successful Formated New Proc, now Windows 7 64 bit won't work and tried burning a copy of my Win disk on New Proc, now Windows 7 64 bit won't work the lowest speed x no luck Next i tried uninstalling everything but the basic hardware needed such as one stick of ram turning off the Raid and only using one hard drive unplug all usb devices etc no luck I'm at a loss here ive reinstalled xp and started testing everything i can think of Ram test hard drive test trying to find somthing wrong but no luck Just for kicks i tried installing it on my wifes laptop and it got a little further Untill an error message says this is not a bit computer My Specs are Intel core Quad Q gig of Corsair XMS x mhz Nvidia EVGA GTX MBytes EVGA i sli mobo WD Raptors g x Raid Thanks

A:New Proc, now Windows 7 64 bit won't work

If you replaced the old processor, Win7 should start up on old HD.

Try writing the ISO to bootable USB flash stick: Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool

Reset the CMOS: Clear CMOS - 3 Ways to Clear the CMOS - Reset BIOS

Check the SATA controller setting. Try ACHI first, then IDE mode if necessary.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/70293-new-proc-now-windows-7-64-bit-wont-work.html
Relevancy 43%

I'm attempting to upgrade a system with this motherboard and this processor. The system initially runs fine but then, after 10 or 15 minutes, it overheats and shuts down. All of the fans appear to be running fine and the processor fan/heatsink is firmly in place. Is there something I'm missing that could be causing it to overheat?

(I also replaced the memory with this RAM in case that can have an effect.)

A:New MoBo/Proc Overheating

What heatsink are you using on the CPU? Is it approved for use on a P4 2.0Ghz? Alsoit is possibly to attach the heatsink the wrong way; make sure the notch matches the socket and that you have applied thermal paste between the heatsink and CPU. Some heatsinks have a pad instead of paste in which case makie sure you have removed the plastic covering of it.

ALso what powersupply do you have? How many watts and what brand? Did you remember to plug in the second 4 pin power cable to the motherboard aside from the 20 pin power connector?

Ideally, for best performace, you should be using PC3200, 400Mhz RAM versus 266Mhz RAM.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-mobo-proc-overheating.318445/
Relevancy 42.57%

My cpu utilization is running very high with no apps running Here is my Hijack THis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS Proc Solved: high/please utilization help CPU System smss Solved: CPU Proc utilization high/please help exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System SCardSvr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Executive Software Diskeeper DkService exe C Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBPoll Solved: CPU Proc utilization high/please help exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS System HPZipm exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor sdhelp exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS System wdfmgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp adbe defaults sp http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www compaq com R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO PCTools Site Guard - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdsg dll O - BHO PCTools Browser Monitor - B A D D- - C -A - DF C AC - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdpb dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - C AF - C - dfb- - AB A - C WINDOWS DH dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - HKCU Run Spyware Doctor C PROGRA SPYWAR swdoctor exe Q O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res F MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra button Spyware Doctor - D D A- - D -A A - C B E E - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdpb dll O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF FirstViewer - http PlansOnline Components FirstVwr CAB O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genu... Read more

Relevancy 42.57%

Here's the spec for my computer :

System
System Model : G31-M7 TE
BIOS : Default System BIOS
Processor : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory : 2048MB RAM
---------
Display(I suppose it is graphic card)
Device Name : NVIDIA GeForce 8500GT
Chip Type : GeForce 8500GT
DAC Type : Integrated RAMDAC
Approx. Total Memory : 1267MB

I've been experiencing lags in fps/3d games, is the main problem my processor? If i change the processor into ' Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q9550 2.83GHz 1333MHz 12 MB LGA775 EM64T CPU BX80569Q9550 ' and upgrade my RAM into 4GB, will i be able to solve this lag issue?
Any help is greatly appreciated !

A:[Help!]Lags in fps/3d gamings.Pentium4 proc too old?

Your video card most likely the problem GeForce 8500GT

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-lags-in-fps-3d-gamings-pentium4-proc-too-old.1019320/
Relevancy 42.57%

I recently found an Athlon64 X2 5000+ processor for 80$ and decided to maybe get it. The thing is it's socket is AM2 I used Z-CPU and noticed that mine is AM2 too. But later on wikipedia I found out that Orleans mainboard (I have orleans) supports only single core processors. Is this true even if I have the same socket?

A:Will my motherboard support Athlon64 X2 proc.?

C'mon people I need help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-my-motherboard-support-athlon64-x2-proc.785866/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a Gateway notebook that has a 1.3GHz processor. Most of the time it only runs at 591 - 791 MHz. I work for Nissan and need an application called Asist. In order for me to be able to install Asist, it performs a system check to see if it meets the minimum requirements. Upon starting the install of Asist, it tells me the proc is only running at 700 MHz (the minimum proc speed must be 1000MHz ) which does not meet the criteria and it exits the installation. How can I get the proc to run at full throttle while I perform the system check so that the software will continue the installation? Is there an application that can run up the proc? There are no settings in the bios that will allow me to do so.

Relevancy 42.57%

Hey guys Realized that I haven t been on here in nearly two years hahaha Fell away from the tech world sadly Anyways I have got a problem that I hope the always brilliant minds of TSGF can solve I bought a Dell Inspiron a couple years or so ago And the proc was supposed to be a which ran great when I first bought it but I am running a utility to monitor the temps fans etc And it is telling me it is running at mhz Which before I replaced the mobo I prolly would not have noticed as much But after I replaced the mobo a week and a half ago It has been running hotter then normal reason for getting the temp monitor and also lagging WAY behind in Photoshop And I thought I remembered changing something back when I first bought it in the power option or something like that To make it run faster I think Dell locked the proc back to clocked 1.86 at Dell 800mhz??? proc mhz to conserve battery But I swear I remember that there was a way to tell it to run at Dell 1.86 proc clocked at 800mhz??? full power all the time through windows Gah all this slow PS has got me aggravated lol So was I mistaken Is there no way to make it run better If there is no way Dell 1.86 proc clocked at 800mhz??? to make it perform Dell 1.86 proc clocked at 800mhz??? better is there any ideas why my PS performance would drop so much after replacing the mobo Anyways if someone can help me out that would be wonderful Thanks Steve nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

failed to get proc address for SetDllDirectoryW ( kernel 32.dll ).appeared error When I install any version of skype in my pc. I am using Windows 2000.

A:failed to get proc address for SetDllDirector

I'm guessing you're using Skype 5.1 or later.Skype 5.1 contains "SetDllDirectoryW" which is an unsupported function under Windows 2000's KERNEL32.DLL.To resolve this, download and install the latest version of Skype 5.0x (not 5.1x):http://download.oldapps.com/Skype/SkypeSetup_5.0.0.156.exeiMac G5 1.8GHz "Hero" PowerPC2 x 1GB DDR PC3200 SDRAM160GB WDC WD1600JD-40GBB2Mac OS X Leopard Version 10.5.8http://sdfox7.com

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/failed-to-get-proc-address-for-setdlldirector/66182.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all,
have an Optipex 780 USFF and am thinking of upgrading the processor.
Dell specs say that the most powerful processor this will take is a Core 2.

I'm just wordering if anyone has tried installing a more powerful ship in these and what youve tired.

Ideally looking for a core 2 quad but am aware some of these have a higher TDP.

I'm not bothered about how hot it gets, but am just looking to see if it's compatible with the board etc.

Tom

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi Three days ago I installed Win Home Premium on a clean new drive unallocated space Oddly everything went smoothly My original xp pro is on another drive where it originally was and upon booting I am given the choice of which OS to use I put antivirus on the Win sys and let MS Update do it's thing s so that it would be up to date Everything looked to be running well sees only physical 1 Win7 proc HP ? except when I Win7 HP only sees 1 physical proc ? went into Task Manager it only showed of my processor cores The system has dual sockets each with a quad xeon in it I checked to make sure that Task Manager was set to show each core and it was rather Win7 HP only sees 1 physical proc ? than all in one usage frame So I went into Device Manager and it showed all processors Clicking Win7 HP only sees 1 physical proc ? on them properties showed that all are working properly On every forum I could find over the past days I have found other people with these problems too and fixes for their variety of this problem I have checked all of these fixes and none seem to apply to my machine They include --Selecting the number of procs used to boot with via msconfig --Deleting all the procs listed in Device Manager then rebooting to force a scan --Using EasyBCD to set processors to then rebooting --Setting the number of processors in the BIOS -- and many others etc These and other similar fixes seem only to apply to people with a single socket dual or quad core who have the same symptoms None of these worked for my dual socket machine Then I came across only one post by a Charles T Waters near the bottom of this page HOWTO Get Windows to detect your new multi-core processor He stated quot MORE THAN ONE PHYSICAL PROCESSOR Windows Home Premium will NOT support it - PERIOD W HP will ONLY see the st processor amp the core s of that one ONLY quot He went on to say quot I installed Windows Ultimate and right off the bat without doing a thing my machine showed processors where W HP only showed quot He indicated that this assertion had been verified by someone on the Win team This may be correct but when I can only find something like this in one place on the internet it makes me want a second opinion I couldn't find any official Win comparison anywher which would confirm any of this Last night I talked to MS support and it almost seemed as if they were under some kind of orders to not come out and directly confirm this while indicating after all the above mentioned tests that there was a good chance that Win Ultimate could solve the problem I know black helicopters Anyhow before spending more money to upgrade from Win HP to the Ultimate version I thought I should ask here to independently verify this That Win HP will only recognize a single socket on your motherboard I should add that in efforts I guess to sell more hardware Hewlett Pakard only supports up to Vista on the xw Although on the AVID forums audio stuff bunches of people seem to be using the xw with win Later today I may end up asking this question there I was hoping that by posting here one of the brain trust like Brink who wrote the great dual boot tutorial could verify this Thanks in advance for any help edit I should add that when I boot under xp pro which is on a separate drive all processors show up and are working in both Device Manager and Task Manager

A:Win7 HP only sees 1 physical proc ?

I'm surprised this is still a concern or an issue, but yes, Windows 7 Home Premium only supports one processor socket. People get too hung up on cores to look at the limitations for what they really are....sockets. Forget that your computer has 8 cores....it has two processors, meaning your current install will only see and utilize one.

If you want to use both of your processors, you will need Windows 7 Professional or Windows 7 Ultimate. Simple as that. There's nothing to debate about, nothing to call Microsoft to confirm, and nothing to worry about black helicopters flying over. It's been this way for a decade, if not longer. Always always consider sockets when comparing your OS features....not cores.

As I mentioned about things being this way for the past decade...you gave an example of this, in XP. Had you installed XP Home, you would have run into the same issue. Since you were using XP Pro (32 bit or 64 bit, doesn't matter), you'd be able to see and use both processors. The processor support is always clearly laid out in the comparisons of the versions...the only problem is that people confuse cores with sockets. Stick to sockets, and it becomes very simple.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/109713-win7-hp-only-sees-1-physical-proc.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I downloaded this program called PROC-INFO which is supposed to give me a list of all the running processes on my PC and what they mean.

When I go to start it up..... I get the error message I attached below.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Thank you

DAVID

A:PROC-INFO error message......

Maybe a stupid question but what os are you running, the only reference I can get to that program name if for linux?????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/proc-info-error-message.212411/
Relevancy 42.57%

hey all,
id like your addvice on some thing. I need to buy a new mobo and processor, i have about 250 bucks, im kinda parshall to AMD for procs,
any advice or tips? id apreciate it
-j

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi there I am running Windows Vista Business and have just installed a new Gigabyte mobo GA-P C-DS R with an Intel Quad Core processor x gb Kingston DDR sticks and a GeForce GT When I tried to boot I received / proc Error new mobo after 0-0000007B the B error tried running Vista Repair three times and each time it says it repairs and then reboots but I still have the same stop issue Have tried to install to a fresh hard drive SATA WD - it installs then restarts then hangs restart it and it goes through to the password screen but the keyboard and mouse don't work Restart again and they work but the system is dog slow The majority of the time I turn the pc on now I have to restart to get the keyboard and mouse working Try to install the drivers which come with the mobo and it hangs when it says complete restart the pc and it comes back with the stop error and I have to start from scratch again 0-0000007B Error after new mobo / proc Any help would be appreciated I have tried to run with just one memory stick rotating them around but still have the same issues

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/0-0000007b-error-after-new-mobo-proc-255466.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Sounds funny, but I want to test my case (fans, power, lights, etc.) but I don't have a processor at the moment.

Will I ruin my motherboard if I plug it in and hook it up? It'll probably beep at me but I just need to test my case, make sure it works.

A:Will I ruin my motherboard if I put it in a case w/o a proc?

It won't kill the motherboard or any other component installed on it. Unless you throw some water at it, but then again even with a CPU, it wouldn't really like that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-i-ruin-my-motherboard-if-i-put-it-in-a-case-w-o-a-proc.9818/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello All I ve been having this issue while playing on Asus P4P800S-X Sound On-Board Board games lately I just got an Intel Ghz Prescott with Gig of DDR ram and I m now using an ATI Radeon by Sapphire MB DDR I dont have a sound card so I m using the one on-board that comes with On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board the Asus P P S-X motherboard SoundMax While im playing a game after a reboot everything is fine for about a minute then the video starts lagging and lagging and getting worse and worse Its like it locks up more and more and the sound cuts alot To the point that its not even close to being fun playing anymore The game On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board im playing is Guild Wars which requires alot less than I have I also talk on Skype at the same time and when I m fighting or more guys I cant even hear anything on Skype I have a mbps connection on cable And this is with the game graphics at the lowest Now get this If I disable the audio in the Bios and load up the game with full graphics smooth nice game play I ve tested playing a long time and its perfect with no lag at all Now I m guessing that is pretty conclusive Should I get a Sound Blaster Live or could it still be something else Conflicts Im also running windows xp sp Thanks for taking the time XeroVariX -- lt SYSTEM CONFIGURATION gt -- On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board CPU Pentium GHz Mhz FSB MEMORY Gig DDR RAM MOTHERBOARD Asus P P S-X Intel Chipset Mhz FSB CASE Watt Power Supply VIDEO CARD Sapphire ATI Radeon MB DDR AGP HARD DRIVE Quantum Fireball GIG RPM ND HARD DRIVE Western Digital GIG RPM DVD-R DRIVE LG X DVD Burner SOUND CARD SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio NETWORK CARD On-Board Realtek RTL Family PCI MONITOR Viewsonic quot M B KEYBOARD Key PS MOUSE Logitech MX Optical Mouse USB CONNECTION Mbit Cable OS Windows XP Pro Service Pack nbsp

A:On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board

Have you loaded the motherboard makers sound chip drivers, or is it just limping along on the default Windows drivers? Might make a difference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/on-board-sound-on-asus-p4p800s-x-board.419647/
Relevancy 42.14%

Thanks in advance for any help Many dllhost exe COM Surrogate processes are started and are eating up CPU and memory After awhile the system becomes unusable If I let it run they will keep adding processes to at least or maybe more I have always killed them before any more could be initiated When several are running the system bogs down severely If I let the processes pile up for awhile eventually a popup will appear saying that my settings do not allow my download file to be downloaded didn't request a file After Googling it seems that this is not an isolated problem but there doesn t seem to be dllhost 'COM Surrogate' Many eating & proc processes mem any one root cause System Configuration Hardware Dell Laptop Studio XPS XPS- - GB memory - CPU Intel Core i Q GHz core logical processors OS - MS Windows Professional bit SP Network - Hardwired to LAN If the system is never connected to the network boot without plugging in the Ethernet cable and never plugging in the cable while the system is up the COM Surrogate processes never start To run the DDS program I let several of these processes start and then started DDS It ran to about of the completion graph and wouldn't progress further A check of the task manager showed that it was getting time but very rarely I eventually killed the 'COM Surrogate's and DDS went about its business and finished in a reasonable time DDS LOG DDS Ver - - - NTFS Many dllhost 'COM Surrogate' processes eating mem & proc AMD Internet Explorer Run by Ric at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Many dllhost 'COM Surrogate' processes eating mem & proc Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf amd neutral cbec a d cf STacSV exe C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows System Many dllhost 'COM Surrogate' processes eating mem & proc spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Roxio BackOnTrack App SaibSVC exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf amd neutral cbec a d cf AESTSr exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Windows system BtwRSupportService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files x Roxio BackOnTrack App BService exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btwdins exe C Program Files Carbonite Carbonite Backup carboniteservice exe C Program Files x ATI Catalyst Media Center Kernel TV CLCapSvc exe C Program Files x ATI Catalyst Media Center Kernel CLML NTService CLMLServer exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Fitbit Connect FitbitConnectService exe C Program Files x Canon IJPLM IJPLMSVC EXE C Program Files x PCPitstop PCPitstopScheduleService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files x QUALCOMM QDLService k QDLService kDell exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Users Ric AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Windows syswow dllhost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files x Dell Dell WWAN WMCore mini WMCore exe C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x ATI Catalyst Media Center Kernel TV CLSched exe C Windows s... Read more

A:Many dllhost 'COM Surrogate' processes eating mem & proc

Hi there,please run a FRST scan:Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.Start FRST with administator privileges.Make sure the option Addition.txt is checked and press the Scan button.When finished, FRST will produce two logs (FRST.txt and Addition.txt) in the same directory the tool was run from.Please copy and paste these logs in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541154/many-dllhost-com-surrogate-processes-eating-mem-proc/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello all,
My nephew has been saving his pennies and now has enough money to build a computer. He asked for my assistance in picking out the parts. I'm surely no expert, but managed to piece together a system at newegg.

He's in highschool and basically needs an all purpose system. I'm sure he will be doing heavy gaming, dvd watching, music listening, etc.

He has his heart set on this case.

Here's the mobo, proc, memory & HD I've picked out. Please tell me if these would likely work together with no problems.

Mobo: ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice 1GHz FSB 512KB L2 Socket 939 Processor
Ram: (2) sticks of: CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200)
HD: Maxtor DiamondMax 10 300GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache Serial ATA150

Thanks for any comments or advice!
Ed

A:Reviews of this mobo/proc/ram combo I'm about to buy would be much appreciated!

Hi Ed and welcome. First off get a A8N SLI Premium instead of the deluxe. About the same price and it is the better mobo (I have a deluxe BTW). I am not a fan of Maxtor hard drives but that is a great price. Here is a really good price on a 6800GT video card the O/C's easilyto ultra speeds.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150091

Lastly, if he is set on that case, fine but I'd suggest you remove that PSU (power supply unit) and stick it is a box somewhere or just dump it in the trash. He needs to get a high quality PSU, especially with that mobo. I used this one in my wife's PC and it is great, Very quiet, llots of amps on the dual 12v rails etc. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104934 Plus it has sleeved cables and looks good in the windowed case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reviews-of-this-mobo-proc-ram-combo-im-about-to-buy-would-be-much-appreciated.34879/
Relevancy 42.14%

I ve installed a new motherboard and processor in a slightly older machine The board is a ak a from Shuttle and the processor is an Athlon XP After the install not suprisingly the and install new proc mobo unstable after System existing operating system would not boot so I began to install Win SE with plans to upgrade to XP However the Win install process routinely crashed with fatal exceptions and other memory errors Eventually I disabled the L cache and found the system to be stable enough albeit ludicrously slow to complete the install Re-enabling the L cache after installing Windows allows the computer to load the OS but it runs into fatal exceptions in abundance once any System unstable after new mobo and proc install application is started The machine is running on factory default settings and it is a jumperless board I tested the processor in another machine with a K VTA board from Soyo and it worked without error The machine with the problem is running a W power supply which I fear may be the problem does anyone know if this seems likely or if there is an effecient way to test if the motherboard itself is defective Also I tested the known working Athlon XP from the operational machine in the faulty one and met with the same problem Furthermore the power supply in my second machine is also W so I can t borrow it for testing purposes with it making any significant difference I believe I cannot find Shuttle s recommendations on power supplies and AMD states W at the minimum My current plan is to purchase a new power supply of W or higher but I don t wish to spend more money just to find out that its not the solution All testing is being done in a barebones configuration hard drive gfx card and mobo proc ram etc to eliminate any further complications The graphics card being used is an old Diamond Viper Ultra To the best of my knowledge every part of the computer is fully functional except for the motherboard which I m not sure how to test properly All bios settings besides the L Cache setting are running at factory defaults I hope someone can give me some tips here on what I should be looking at and what my next course of action could be Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

I just tried to change out my stock then reboots, FalconRock II proc + = 3200+ dead retail fan on my Athlon XP with a Spire FalconRock II heatsink to get better temps it was running mid s to low s C under load and mid s C idle hotbounce When I swapped the heatsinks I cleaned the processor die and new heatsink using cleaner that I know works for processors cleaned many of them in the past using it FalconRock II + 3200+ = reboots, then dead proc I applied a T thermal pad that I bought at Micro Center so I wouldn t screw anything up I can t seem to put thermal grease on right - FalconRock II + 3200+ = reboots, then dead proc it gets everywhere Anyway on to my problem When I attempted to boot the computer after the heatsink replacement it went into the part of BIOS where it detects the processor and drives and I got video just fine a second or so into booting then it rebooted about times really fast about two times a second I cut it off fast took off the heatsink and everything looks fine I cleaned it and put it back on with another pad FalconRock II + 3200+ = reboots, then dead proc and now nothing works - it just runs the case fans and heatsink fan I switched back to stock HSF and it is the same I tried the proc in another computer and it won t work I tried another proc in this computer and it works That means I fried the processor somehow dead How did a new heatsink kill a processor when it was running fine Anybody have any idea what happened I would like to avoid frying another processor if possible I don t think it s a thermal issue as it only ran about a second Is it possible the MSI motherboard I m using shut the computer down repeatedly and restarted quickly until it popped something because the fan speed was too low on the new Falconrock II I don t think MSI boards have FOC fan off control do they Any ideas about what happened that can keep me from doing it again with the new I m buying will be appreciated nbsp

A:FalconRock II + 3200+ = reboots, then dead proc

i suspect an electrical fault in the new cpu cooler, assuming you didn't miss anything during installation.
test the new heatsink/fan for electrical faults with a multimeter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/falconrock-ii-3200-reboots-then-dead-proc.24843/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a laptop running windows XP Home. I have ad-aware and sophos antivirus. When I run a virus scan, sophos detects the virus

aries.sys

in the location

C:\Windws\system32\$sys$filesystem

with virus name

Troj/RK Proc-Fam

It doesn't seem to be affecting the operation of the computer too much, other than that occasionally it will freeze with only the desktop background visible on startup, and then need to be restarted.

any help would be appreciated.

-Connor

A:Sophos Antivirus Detects Troj/rk Proc-fam

Check out the info in the link belowhttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/a....sys-13349.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/96760/sophos-antivirus-detects-trojrk-proc-fam/
Relevancy 42.14%

Proc running close to 100% after startup for up to 5 minutes and during the first 30 minutes proc will lock at 100%. I have attached a image of my task manager. Please take a look at it. Does the forum see anything funny or anything that should not be there or turned off?

I have run windows defender spybot search and destroy to check my system.

A:Proc runs 100% after startup for a long time

Quote:

http://geekswithblogs.net/Coleman/ar...26/109906.aspx

I have been discussing this with Microsoft Supprt. Problem came with the June'07 monthly update of Vista. I first found out that when Flexnet License Manager (for PhotoShop CS3) wants to access the internet, MsMpEng loses control and loops for exactly 300 seconds, before it is killed because of a timer overrun. Same happens when Adobe Update Manager or an unistaller want to do something on the web. Support says "they are working on it".
I turn off OneCare Virus and Spyware scanner before launching any of these programs and switch it back on when finished.
If it is not solved with the August update of Vista, I'm going to throw OneCare off and buy something intelligent like F-secure.

I'd get rid of Adobe CS3 or Windows Live Care. Or both.

Spybot's TeaTimer is bad; it allows Users to block legit reg changes, which causes problems down the road.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/proc-runs-100-after-startup-for-a-long-time-353603.html
Relevancy 41.71%

May need to replace heatsink. PC is doing thermal shutdown message when I turn it back on after I see that my computer has shutdown on it's own. I have the FAN part number 686901-001, and the processor part number I believe is: 683046-001, but when I go to find the heatsink part number, it asks if I have AMD processor and a graphics subsystem with discrete memory or UMA memory and truth be told, I don't know the answer. Don't want to get the wrong part for replacement of the heatsink if that is even necessary. It just may be the fan, but want to have all my ducks in a row before I proceed. Can someone please help? I tried to twitter it, but my twitter account has been compromised and thought this would be the best next way to get help. Thank you in advance..... Anxious IT person....

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/heatsink-part-number-for-D1C68UA-that-has-AMD-A10-4600M/td-p/5615275